PDA

View Full Version : Official Top Post Thread Change Farm Name, Forum Name, Avatar Name/Gender/Appearance

Bert
Feb 09 2009, 10:10 PM
The Profile section of the Account tab - replaces the Preferences section seen in the Facebook game. In addition to changing your avatar name and gender, now you will be able to change your real first name, your email and your password and update your website profile picture.

To get to the Profile section of the Account tab you can click on this link:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/

See the list below for instructions for on any specific item:

CLICK HERE to go to the post with information on the Changing Avatar Name, Real First Name and Avatar Gender.

Known Issue 19th Dec, 2024 : The avatar name for some players were set to empty, we are still figuring out why this is happening, in the meantime, we are automatically populating the avatar name for those players based on this rule: if your avatar name is empty and your real name is John, your new avatar name will be 'John Avatar'. If this happens to you, you can always change it to any name you want.

CLICK HERE to go to the post with information on where to find the pictures you take with the in game camera.

CLICK HERE to go to the post with information on Changing Email.
In order to change your email you don't need to have access to your old email, but you do need to have access to your new email. Keeping a valid email as your farmtown email is very important since this is the only way you will be able to recover access to your farms if you forget your password.

CLICK HERE to go to the post with information on the Changing Password.
In order to change your password you must have access to your current email. If that's not the case, then you must change your email first for an email that you have access to, since we will be sending you security codes to that email.

CLICK HERE to go to the post for Updating your Website Profile Picture.

Changing your Farm Name

You change your Farm name by clicking on the plaque to the right of your game level.
The background colour of the plaque will be brown if the farm is not fertilised.
If the farm is fertilised the background colour will be green.

When you click on the Plaque the Enter New Farm Name window appears and in the box in the top you can delete the current farm name and type in a new one.
Remember to click the green check mark to save the change.

Changing your Forum Name

Forum names can be changed by a Forum Administrator only. Requests for name changes will be taken under advisement. Send a PM to Taz D, marymarcel or Tiger after insuring the new name is not already in use by searching the member list found under the communities tab at the top of the screen. Once it is received, if approved, the change will take place immediately. You will need to use the new name the next time you log on.

Sqrl
Jun 04 2022, 04:06 PM
I realise this is the wrong place but I couldn't see a thread for this problem, so I thought it would be least obtrusive here.

I have a friend who used to play FT some years ago but who ended up deleting their FaceBook account. Now they've opened a new FB and started a new farm but they're having some issues. At some point they registered for the forum but they can't get back into their forum account as the password is long lost. The forgotten password procedure doesn't seem to be working for them--they've tried twice but no email has arrived. Can you help? Their forum name was MarkH, they think....

Taz D
Jun 04 2022, 04:17 PM
I realise this is the wrong place but I couldn't see a thread for this problem, so I thought it would be least obtrusive here.

I have a friend who used to play FT some years ago but who ended up deleting their FaceBook account. Now they've opened a new FB and started a new farm but they're having some issues. At some point they registered for the forum but they can't get back into their forum account as the password is long lost. The forgotten password procedure doesn't seem to be working for them--they've tried twice but no email has arrived. Can you help? Their forum name was MarkH, they think....
Hi Sqrl,
I moved your post to the thread about forum name as a better place for this.
Your friend should just start a new forum account. That way they should be able to get the email to a current email address. Remind them they do need to get the email for the confirmation before they can post.

Refarner
Jun 04 2022, 05:48 PM
Hi, thanks for the help. It was supposed to be RefarMer, guess I misstyped!

GRB
Jun 10 2022, 01:32 AM
More than once, my Avatar's name keeps going back to my name instead of my nickname. Any suggestions?

Tiger
Jun 10 2022, 04:29 AM
More than once, my Avatar's name keeps going back to my name instead of my nickname. Any suggestions?

Hi GRB,

To make an avatar name more permanent you need to do that from the Account tab above your game screen. Are you doing that? If you are, are you also remembering to click the Change button as well? If you are not doing that than that's why it's not saving for you.

GRB
Jun 10 2022, 09:04 AM
Hi GRB,

To make an avatar name more permanent you need to do that from the Account tab above your game screen. Are you doing that? If you are, are you also remembering to click the Change button as well? If you are not doing that than that's why it's not saving for you.

I do change it from the account tab and I do hit the change button. It says "Account Updated". Yet again this morning, it changed back. :eek:

Tiger
Jun 10 2022, 11:30 AM
I do change it from the account tab and I do hit the change button. It says "Account Updated". Yet again this morning, it changed back. :eek:

Hi GRB,

Check if you need to do any browser updates as some have had updates overnight, clear the browser if you haven't recently and please run memcache as well.

To clear memcache Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared.

Then close your browser for a few minutes, reopen and see if your avatar name has changed again.

If it has not changed after that, see if it changes again tomorrow morning. If it does please contact support (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/).

iwoeb
Sep 22 2022, 11:26 PM
wonder why my avatar name is not longer showing? it now has my name instead of Alice???

thanks. 567492224

Taz D
Sep 22 2022, 11:34 PM
wonder why my avatar name is not longer showing? it now has my name instead of Alice???

thanks. 567492224
Hi Iwoeb,
I moved your post to the thread about Avatars. I don't know why it changed as we have not had an update or anything else that would change it. You can change it back if you go to the Account tab above your farms and change it there.

iwoeb
Sep 27 2022, 04:58 PM
thanks. I will try that. Just weird that is changed from my FT name to my real name . . .

Precious In His Sight
Jan 15 2023, 04:24 PM
I have noticed that many avatars that I have seen in the marketplace have many different clothes on than the choices available when I try to change my avatar's appearance. Where do these clothes come from?

Taz D
Jan 15 2023, 05:16 PM
I have noticed that many avatars that I have seen in the marketplace have many different clothes on than the choices available when I try to change my avatar's appearance. Where do these clothes come from?
Hi Precious,
I copied and split your post to move your question to the Help & Support thread about avatars. Please do not ask questions you expect an answer for in the Suggestions section.
Any clothes you see on avatars come from what is available to everyone under your avatar. If you click on your avatar, one of the choices you see in the menu is Change Appearance. When you click on the section for clothes there are a few pages of clothes. Some are for coins and some are for Farm Cash.

Sayso
Mar 14 2023, 09:24 PM
Now I have bin made a man. it will not let me Chang it to a girl. What can I do to be a women?

Taz D
Mar 14 2023, 09:40 PM
Now I have bin made a man. it will not let me Chang it to a girl. What can I do to be a women?
Hi Sayso,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about the avatar as this has nothing to do with the current release.
Click on the Account tab at the top of your farms. In that you can reset your gender to female. Then click on the Change button to update.

Dick Beloat
May 03 2023, 08:09 PM
name on atatar won't stay in place i can go to marketplace and type it back in place but won't stay n place

Taz D
May 03 2023, 08:14 PM
name on atatar won't stay in place i can go to marketplace and type it back in place but won't stay n place
Hi Dick Beloat,
I moved your post to the thread about the avatar. To permanently set your avatar name go to the Account tab at the top of your farms. In that you can set your avatar name.

cherd1
May 05 2023, 08:36 AM
Why is my avitar name changed? Why when I went to sell crops my checked items were all unchecked? Rechecked, sold went back to the and the check did not hold. I want this stuff back where it was.

marymarcel
May 05 2023, 08:46 AM
Why is my avitar name changed? Why when I went to sell crops my checked items were all unchecked? Rechecked, sold went back to the and the check did not hold. I want this stuff back where it was.

Hi cherd1 :)

I moved your post to the thread about Avatar name as that was your first question.

A few days ago we had a problem with shortcuts, Facility Manager settings, Storage settings, neighobrs bar, etc. The options you had chosen for those were reset due the bug introduced.

I think that maybe that also affected your avatar name. If you want to change it as it was, then click in Account tab above the game screen and there you will be able to change it. When you are done, then click in Change button.

Please try clearing your memcache, a new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm in all tabs you have it open. Then reopen your farms.

For clearing from Slashkey:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

For clearing from Facebook:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Then put a check mark to a few items the way you want them and reload the game. If the check marks stayed then add or remove marks for or from the items you want.

Im very sorry that problem affected your settings for selling products. There is no way for us to restore them to you. If you wish you can contact Support team.

To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please include all details about your problem so you can get help faster. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Robert L S
May 28 2023, 12:32 PM
How can I change my avatar picture on the new FarmTown website and not on Facebook?

marymarcel
May 28 2023, 01:58 PM
How can I change my avatar picture on the new FarmTown website and not on Facebook?

Hi Robert L S :)

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

That is impossible. Once you change the appearence in the Website it is also changed in Facebook version and vice versa.

If you are talking about your facebook profile picture, then again not, you cant do that in the website version yet.

Kathyrdr
Jun 02 2023, 09:56 PM
How do I change the background on my farm name. I was working a farm today and saw a different background and would like it, but can't change mine. Thanks for the help

Taz D
Jun 02 2023, 10:11 PM
How do I change the background on my farm name. I was working a farm today and saw a different background and would like it, but can't change mine. Thanks for the help
Hi Kathyrdr,
The only difference in the background is if the farm is fertilized for crops. If it is then it is the greenish shade and if not then it is brown.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 05 2023, 01:59 PM
My cat's account doesn't have a Facebook account I can log in to. Is there a way to upload a photo without going through Facebook?

It's Farmer Squeak, a.k.a. Cassie:

Your USER ID number is: 100003545226144 Build No: 549

marymarcel
Sep 05 2023, 02:03 PM
My cat's account doesn't have a Facebook account I can log in to. Is there a way to upload a photo without going through Facebook?

It's Farmer Squeak, a.k.a. Cassie:

Your USER ID number is: 100003545226144 Build No: 549

Hi Susan :)

Im sorry but there isn't another way at this time.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 05 2023, 03:36 PM
Ok, thanks. I'll be patient. I bet there will be a way eventually because - hopefully - we can begin to attract more and more folks that are NOT on FB. I bet we can do it some day. :)

marymarcel
Sep 05 2023, 03:48 PM
Ok, thanks. I'll be patient. I bet there will be a way eventually because - hopefully - we can begin to attract more and more folks that are NOT on FB. I bet we can do it some day. :)

You are welcome Susan :)

Aussie Rae
Oct 20 2023, 08:52 PM
I am hoping there is some way to add a profile picture to the game if a person doesn't have a facebook account, any help would be appreciated.. I have many buddys on my list that are just a grey outline and its confusing to say the least..

marymarcel
Oct 20 2023, 08:58 PM
I am hoping there is some way to add a profile picture to the game if a person doesn't have a facebook account, any help would be appreciated.. I have many buddys on my list that are just a grey outline and its confusing to say the least..

Hi Aussie Rae :)

I moved your post to the thread about different options for avatars.

Im sorry but currently there is no other option to add a profile picture to the website.

CareTerr
Oct 20 2023, 09:25 PM
I have been with Farm Town for many years and have yet to figure out how to post an opinion or to make a request . . . I just want to say I am really enjoying the new Farm Town except for one thing: The willy-nilly way names are chosen, altered, and used. It's like playing with a bunch of children. Rather than change anything, how about creating a cross-reference.

Taz D
Oct 20 2023, 10:18 PM
I have been with Farm Town for many years and have yet to figure out how to post an opinion or to make a request . . . I just want to say I am really enjoying the new Farm Town except for one thing: The willy-nilly way names are chosen, altered, and used. It's like playing with a bunch of children. Rather than change anything, how about creating a cross-reference.
Hi CareTerr,
If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize them by subject for the developers to see.. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
If you do I would suggest to you that you explain what you mean by a cross reference.

Spike4u
Nov 11 2023, 04:16 PM
why did my Avatar Name stop showing on my Avatar

marymarcel
Nov 11 2023, 04:22 PM
why did my Avatar Name stop showing on my Avatar

Hi Spike4u :)

I cant tell you exactly what happened but can give you instructions to get it again.

Please click in Account tab at top of your game screen.

Under Profile button, you will be able to type your Avatar name again, your Real name and Gender.

When you are done, then click in Change button.

Reload your game and your avatar should show the name again.

Refarner
Dec 01 2023, 11:05 AM
My friend Sqrl has forgotten their password. Reset didn't work as the reset email never arrived. They signed up for a new account with a different email address but the verification email never arrived. They checked the spam on the second email but can't on the first cos it's dealt with serverside. What should they do?

Taz D
Dec 01 2023, 11:21 AM
My friend Sqrl has forgotten their password. Reset didn't work as the reset email never arrived. They signed up for a new account with a different email address but the verification email never arrived. They checked the spam on the second email but can't on the first cos it's dealt with serverside. What should they do?
Hi Refarner,
Have them contact me at my farms through the link in my signature here and I can help him reset his password.

Sundos
Jan 13 2024, 11:48 AM
Hi. I made a new account/farm so I could find my posts to copy/paste to facebook group I was in with old account. I have started playing the new account quite a bit. So now I want to figure out why I am still listed as no name on that account.

So I signed up to forum with that new account and new email. It said it worked. I can log in to that account here in forums but it will not let me post/ask for help there? I did not get a verification to my email that I used to sign up for forums to that account. Is there anything I can do to get that account to show up as something other than no name.
PS i do not have a facebook account for the new farmtown account to link to. So maybe that is why?

Taz D
Jan 13 2024, 12:09 PM
Hi. I made a new account/farm so I could find my posts to copy/paste to facebook group I was in with old account. I have started playing the new account quite a bit. So now I want to figure out why I am still listed as no name on that account.

So I signed up to forum with that new account and new email. It said it worked. I can log in to that account here in forums but it will not let me post/ask for help there? I did not get a verification to my email that I used to sign up for forums to that account. Is there anything I can do to get that account to show up as something other than no name.
PS i do not have a facebook account for the new farmtown account to link to. So maybe that is why?
Hi Sundos,
First thing is you do not need a second Forum account and it is against the forum rules. The only thing you need is to let us know which account you are having a problem with.

You can not post with that account because you have not completed the registration for it. You have not confirmed the email address through the email sent to that address. Check your spam folder as gmail addresses should accept at least in the spam folder the email from slashkey.com. I do suggest you add support@slashkey.com to your contacts for that email account.

You can set the name for the new farms in the Account tab above your farms. There you can add/change the avatar name and also set a real first name.

Sundos
Jan 13 2024, 01:01 PM
oh! Ok, so first I will delete the new account for forums as I did not mean to go against the rules.

Then I do not need the new email to accept anything from here to register here.

And I guess I will just try again and again until finally the avatar works?

Thanks Taz

Taz D
Jan 13 2024, 01:12 PM
oh! Ok, so first I will delete the new account for forums as I did not mean to go against the rules.

Then I do not need the new email to accept anything from here to register here.

And I guess I will just try again and again until finally the avatar works?

Thanks Taz
Hi Sundos,
We will have to delete that account for you as you do not have that capability.

The avatar name is not what is shown in the facility wall requests. It is the "real name" that you set in the Account tab.

Sundos
Jan 13 2024, 01:19 PM
I see I cannot delete my forum account.. so I am back and see your new reply. Please delete the new forum account for "shineon".

thanks again, sundos

Palmarina
Jan 17 2024, 12:39 AM
Hi I have a question about the farmers' names.
I see on the market that a lot of gamers have the word 'Avatar' in their name. Is there a particular reason for that?
Two of my neighbours also have this word in her name. I asked one of them why she added the word 'Avatar' and she didn't know what I was talking about. She presumed that Slashkey added it.
Who can help me with this question please?
Do they add that themselves or not? And in case yes, why? Is there a reason?

Rob T
Jan 17 2024, 02:53 AM
Hi I have a question about the farmers' names.
I see on the market that a lot of gamers have the word 'Avatar' in their name. Is there a particular reason for that?
Two of my neighbours also have this word in her name. I asked one of them why she added the word 'Avatar' and she didn't know what I was talking about. She presumed that Slashkey added it.
Who can help me with this question please?
Do they add that themselves or not? And in case yes, why? Is there a reason?

Hi Palamarina,

The name Avatar is set by the game if they do not have a name set in the Account tab. There are many users that had a blank Avatar name that caused a few problems within the game, namely gift lists, train lists. So anyone that was had blank name, the game set them to 'Avatar (name)'

This can easily be changed by going to the account tab above the game and input a new one for themselves.

Palmarina
Jan 17 2024, 04:04 AM
Hi Rob, thanks for your answer.
I will let my 2 neighbours know.
Thank you

Hi Palamarina,

The name Avatar is set by the game if they do not have a name set in the Account tab. There are many users that had a blank Avatar name that caused a few problems within the game, namely gift lists, train lists. So anyone that was had blank name, the game set them to 'Avatar (name)'

This can easily be changed by going to the account tab above the game and input a new one for themselves.

Kathy813
Feb 11 2024, 11:50 PM
I am unable to link to Facebook in order to change my picture on my account tab.

Taz D
Feb 11 2024, 11:58 PM
I am unable to link to Facebook in order to change my picture on my account tab.
Hi Kathy,
I moved your post to the thread about this. I just checked and it is Facebook's app that is not working to allow this. I am sorry but there is nothing we can do about. You will have to wait a couple days and try again.

Kathy813
Feb 12 2024, 02:34 PM
I have followed the instructions for updating my account picture from Facebook but I keep getting a message that the app is unavailable. But it is not clear if it is an app in Facebook or Farm Town that is unavailable.

marymarcel
Feb 12 2024, 02:38 PM
I have followed the instructions for updating my account picture from Facebook but I keep getting a message that the app is unavailable. But it is not clear if it is an app in Facebook or Farm Town that is unavailable.

Hi Kathy813 :)

I moved your post to the thread where your first post about this was moved and answered.

We contacted the developers and they have reactivated the links but we have to wait for facebook to restore the access.

Please try again in a couple of days to see if you can change your profile picture.

Bratuski
Feb 14 2024, 12:18 PM
I don't know what happened, but I lost my avatar name. It now says Linda avatar. Please change back to Bratuski. Thank You

marymarcel
Feb 14 2024, 12:26 PM
I don't know what happened, but I lost my avatar name. It now says Linda avatar. Please change back to Bratuski. Thank You

Hi Bratuski :)

This is a known issue and when a farmer has the avatar name missing, the game automatically use their first name plus Avatar.

You can change it back to the one you want. Please click in Account Tab above the game screen.

Under Profile and in Avatar Name, you can type the name you chose.

Remember to click in Change button and then reload the game to see your avatar with the new name.

You have full information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6555218#post6555218

MOM GLENDA
Feb 14 2024, 10:15 PM
i do not want the avatar behind my name .just had it mom farmtown changed it mom Glenda that is ok but i do not want avatar behind my name.it want let me delete the word avatar

Taz D
Feb 14 2024, 10:23 PM
i do not want the avatar behind my name .just had it mom farmtown changed it mom Glenda that is ok but i do not want avatar behind my name.it want let me delete the word avatar
Hi Mom Glenda,
You need to go to the Account tab to change your avatar name. You can not change it in the menu by clicking on your avatar. After you change it in the Account tab be sure to click the Change button to set the change.

MOM GLENDA
Feb 14 2024, 10:46 PM
did that where you said to do it before i typed here .it changes right back to the avatar behind my name time i change it . i clicked change before and after i removed the avator behind the name mom Glenda. i do not want the word avator behind my name. makes it to long and i do not like it .

Taz D
Feb 14 2024, 10:48 PM
i did that and where you said to do it before i typed here .it changes right back to the avatar behind my name time i change it . i clicked change before and after i removed the avator behind the name mom Glenda. i do not want the word avator behind my name.
Hi Mom Glenda,
You will need to contact Support about this then as we can't change it for you. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
To contact through the website:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366