PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Load Game or Can't Access Game

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 05 2010, 06:42 PM
If you are not able to load the game, please LINK YOUR FARM (red button at the top right of your screen if the link does not work you can find instructions here for making a manual link http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49590) and then post in this thread with the following information:

Facebook or Myspace?

Browser:

Version of Adobe Flash:

Type/Speed of Connection

Was an Error Msg Shown?

What exactly happens when you try to access the game?

Is this a constant problem, or are you sometimes able to get on and other times not?

Have you checked all of your security programs to be sure the game is not blocked. This includes antivirus programs, malware programs, firewalls both on the computer and your router if you use one.

We very much appreciate your assistance and will be updating this top post with any information that we get from the developers.

***Update 4th January; We have some new information from the developers that may help some of you;

You need to check all your security programs.. antivirus, firewalls etc (including the router firewall) Apparently when there are updates, there are sometimes small changes in the information being sent to your computer, so that your security program can actually block the game and prevent it loading.
You need to look for 'Slashkey' in the list of blocked programs, and unblock it.

Additionally, if your browser was open during the download of the new release to your server, the flash application running at the time could retain corrupted files.. so flash needs to be uninstalled and downloaded again.

The developers are also recommending that if you are having difficulty loading the game, for the time being, you open the game as your only open browser, and close all other applications. Give your browser and computer the resources it needs to get the correct files loaded into your computer.

**Further to clearing browser cache and history to ‘clean’ the system, there will be a cdn. folder in your computer’s C drive which collects corrupt and ‘trash’ files from flash-based games such as Farm Town.
Clearing this can help with some issues, such as connection errors, loading issues, and sometimes problems with chat, hiring and invisibility on the game.**

The name of the folder is cdn.slashkey.com, and it will typically be found in the Macromedia folder on C:\ drive.

The easy way to find it is via this link:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

This folder contains all of flash player’s cached files, and clearing it forces a ‘rebuild’ of the information so that the new connection to the game is completely clean (like a new start) You can if you wish delete all sites from this folder, or just the slashkey.com file.

Select the folder and delete it.

Still in Global Security Settings, it might also help to add Farmtown to the trusted locations. The information you need to add is this: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bookmarks&cid=bm

Also click on Global Storage Settings and make sure they are set to at least 100 KB.

Reboot your computer before reloading the browser and logging back into Farm Town. This recreates the folder with fresh contents and server information, and forces an update of your system in relation to the game.

(Our thanks to Mike Hunt and Capriherb for the additional information)

Please understand that we are trying to collect complete and accurate data for the developers in an attempt to help them troubleshoot the problems you are experiencing so that they can fix them. It is important that we keep this thread on track and would appreciate if your posts did not contain reports of other issues you may be experiencing as this leads to others then redirecting this thread away from it's intended purpose.

Off topic posts about anything other than not being able to load and access the game will be removed from this thread without notice.

bennettmom
Apr 05 2010, 06:54 PM
It is telling me that my FT account is linked. I was on my farm 3 days ago. It loads the farm but not the stuff. My Mansions, rivers, bridges and hedges but nothing else. How do I clear the cache? Does it clear all my saved stuff?

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 05 2010, 06:55 PM
It is telling me that my FT account is linked. I was on my farm 3 days ago. It loads the farm but not the stuff. My Mansions, rivers, bridges and hedges but nothing else. How do I clear the cache? Does it clear all my saved stuff?

The account linking that you used is what is broken on the farm right now. You will have to manually link. Clearing your cache is temporary files and cookies.

bennettmom
Apr 05 2010, 07:11 PM
I just relinked my account (signature) Is it showing linked now?

Also, cleared the Cashe. Now the farm doesn't load at all.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 05 2010, 07:26 PM
I just relinked my account (signature) Is it showing linked now?

Also, cleared the Cashe.

Perfect. Your farm looks normal, plowed plots, fruit trees, everything. I cleaned up your farm data. How about trying to log in again :)

bennettmom
Apr 05 2010, 07:43 PM
For some reason it is not loading at all. The screen just stays green. I have logged out and in several times.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 05 2010, 07:45 PM
For some reason it is not loading at all. The screen just stays green. I have logged out and in several times.

Hmm...the reason I asked how long since it's been is that players gone more than a month have their farm archived and it's blank, but you said you went on 3 days ago. And you cleared your cache. And I cleaned up farm data.... very odd.

bennettmom
Apr 05 2010, 07:53 PM
I had just purchased Pizza factory, Dairy farm, sugar refinery, chicken coop and have been harvesting crops for these factories. I hope it isn't all gone. have tons of animals as gifts. I am close to $300K so I can purchase a second farm so I can produce more crops.

I hope it isn't all lost. Any recovery suggestions? If you seen it there, it should be there. I have logged off and on many times to see if it will come back. What happens when you click on my farm now?

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 05 2010, 07:56 PM
I had just purchased Pizza factory, Dairy farm, sugar refinery, chicken coop and have been harvesting crops for these factories. I hope it isn't all gone. have tons of animals as gifts. I am close to $300K so I can purchase a second farm so I can produce more crops.

I hope it isn't all lost. Any recovery suggestions? If you seen it there, it should be there. I have logged off and on many times to see if it will come back. What happens when you click on my farm now?

It's all there, the pizza factory, sugar refinery, etc. If I can see it, it's still there. Well the usual stuff when you can't see things on your farm is to clear cache and make sure you have the lastest updated flash player. Also with me clearing your farm data should have helped. That's why I'm puzzled.

bennettmom
Apr 05 2010, 08:00 PM
How can I make sure the latest Flashplayer is installed. Is there a place on my computer that will show what is installed?

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 05 2010, 08:01 PM
How can I make sure the latest Flashplayer is installed. Is there a place on my computer that will show what is installed?

There should be a place on your computer or you can go to your flash player's website to see if there is anything new to update.

bennettmom
Apr 05 2010, 08:05 PM
Ok I found Flashplayer 10 is there. Also Flashplayer 9 is in there, should I delete this?

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 05 2010, 08:12 PM
Ok I found Flashplayer 10 is there. Also Flashplayer 9 is in there, should I delete this?

Yeah, anytime you have a newer version of flash, you uninstall the old one :)

bennettmom
Apr 05 2010, 08:19 PM
Thank You for your help. It loaded.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 05 2010, 08:24 PM
Thank You for your help. It loaded.

Woohoo :) Great news and thanks for letting me know :D Happy farming!

strplngwarriormom
Apr 06 2010, 11:27 PM
My farmtown has not been able to load more than 31% for several days. I had crops to harvest which have now gone to seed and I cannot access. I have tried thru the bookmark, gifts, neighbors & the main farmtown application page. please assist.

Heddryin
Apr 07 2010, 09:39 AM
My farmtown has not been able to load more than 31% for several days. I had crops to harvest which have now gone to seed and I cannot access. I have tried thru the bookmark, gifts, neighbors & the main farmtown application page. please assist.

You aren't alone. I've had the same problem today and lost all crops. There must be more than just two people who are unable to access farmtown today

Hi,

To help us help you, please manually link your farm, the automated function doesn't work at the moment.

Thanx,
Heddryin

MsLadybug
Apr 07 2010, 01:28 PM
This is NOT the first time I have had trouble loading Farm Town = Green Screen.

Please Note: I HAVE checked all recommendations. None apply.

I use Facebook in Windows through Mozilla Firefox. The game is NOT blocked through Facebook or my firewall. I have the most recent version of Flash. I have shut down and restarted my computer as well as my internet connection. I have contacted my internet provider; I do not have any conflicts with my firewall(s).

The only thing I have NOT done is to delete the cdn file. Can't find it! Or, I would have done that as well.

I successfully accessed the game, as well as my daughter, my husband and my grandson last evening. Checking all production was the last thing I did before I went to bed.

Today the game will not load.

The last time I had this problem, there were no additional solutions offered, and the game resumed within 3 or 4 days. No explanation.

As far as consistency, the game has not loaded on over 40 attempts today. The last time this happened, it was consistent over the 3 to 4 day period, and was approximately 2 months ago.

I experienced no problems with any of the new updates and/or upgrades.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be appreciated.

Just color me confused. :confused:

Thanks,
Ms Ladybug

Molly Mew
Apr 07 2010, 01:48 PM
Hi Ms Ladybug.

Here's an easier way to delete the flash folders. Click on this link;
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
then click 'delete all sites'.
If you're still having problems, please link your farm so we can take a look.
Linking instructions are here:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308718

MsLadybug
Apr 07 2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks so much for your response, Molly.

Unfortunately, deleting those folders didn't seem to change anything.

I believe I have properly linked my farm for your review.

So sorry for the trouble. Your help IS appreciated.

Thank you,
Ms. Ladybug

Witherell Estates (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1340006771&farm_ix=0)

Dynna65
Apr 07 2010, 07:11 PM
Lost Intenet Explorer Browser Load Up yesterday 4-6-2010 sometime after 10 AM. I have tried your suggestions as posted, can't find anything by searching for the cdn.slashkey.com or any Macromedia Folders on drive C:/.
I went through Adobe and got the Uninstall Flash program followed by going back to Adobe to re-install to no avail. I ran Ad-Aware to delete the cookies as my Internet Options folder wouldn't activate. Also ran AVG antivirus scan.
Also checked my firewall settings and found them to be ok.

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 32 Bit

Browser IE-8 (I use this for facebook do to processor speed issues as AOL bogs down when I enter through it, too many carriers.

Entrance: www.FaceBook.com/app.farmtown

Adobe Flash ver: 10.0.32.18

LAN system/UpLoad Speed 557 kbps/Downoad Speed 3104 kbps

Error Screen Pop Up as follows:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 23:19:49 UTC

Line: 71
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bm&cid=bm

Line: 75

Line: 156

Line: 200

I get the Green screen of Death...Bottom left edge of browser indicates done on load up of game.

This is right now, is a constant problem, while trying to access the game through IE 8 only,
-However-, when I go through the slow and Very, Very Sluggish www.aol.com entrance procedure, the load up seems to work increasingly SLOW, but it does load up and of course the computer has to think about every move or lock up while performing any task.

Meadbh
Apr 08 2010, 12:54 PM
I have tried many links to get to the application and it says:

The page you requested was not found.

You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.

* Return home
* Go back to the previous page

Am I missing something (well besides the actual application that disappeared from my App list?)

Meadbh
Apr 08 2010, 12:58 PM
PS - also the link to my farm is gone from my forums account... what gives?

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 08 2010, 01:03 PM
Have you blocked it by accident? On FB go to account<privacy settings< apps and games< and then blocked games and see if it is there.

Meadbh
Apr 08 2010, 01:04 PM
*sigh* thanks
Not sure how it got blocked and I didn't think to look there first.

*hangs head in shame*

edit: was just playing 2 days ago - grr :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 08 2010, 01:05 PM
*sigh* thanks
Not sure how it got blocked and I didn't think to look there first.

*hangs head in shame*

Lol, no problem glad to be of help :)

MsLadybug
Apr 08 2010, 02:02 PM
Greetings,

I have since gone to the Adobe Settings Manager in the hopes of correcting this problem.

Deleted all files, which were cdn4.specificlick (?) and udn.specificlick (?). Attempted to reload the game and check for these files again and they are no longer listed. (Actually no files are listed. :confused:)

Do I recall that there had been a problem with an advertiser in the past?

I'll just keep trying.

Ms. Ladybug

Molly Mew
Apr 08 2010, 02:48 PM
Greetings,

I have since gone to the Adobe Settings Manager in the hopes of correcting this problem.

Deleted all files, which were cdn4.specificlick (?) and udn.specificlick (?). Attempted to reload the game and check for these files again and they are no longer listed. (Actually no files are listed. :confused:)

Do I recall that there had been a problem with an advertiser in the past?

I'll just keep trying.

Ms. Ladybug

Hi Ms Ladybug.

I've cleaned up your farm data, which might help.

I just got to your farm with no problem using your link here. It might be worth you trying that too.. or try clicking on the 'play farm town' tab at the top of the forum page.

CarolAG
Apr 08 2010, 05:59 PM
For the past two days, I've experienced issues with several of my games not loading. Farmtown is one of them. I can send gifts, view neighbors but when I try to "play", the game starts loading and then just sits there with the "loading user" bar going. I've tried updating flash, clearing cache, etc. Before yesterday, everything was fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 08 2010, 06:04 PM
For the past two days, I've experienced issues with several of my games not loading. Farmtown is one of them. I can send gifts, view neighbors but when I try to "play", the game starts loading and then just sits there with the "loading user" bar going. I've tried updating flash, clearing cache, etc. Before yesterday, everything was fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

If you've updated your flash, make sure your old was uninstalled.

MsLadybug
Apr 08 2010, 06:15 PM
Molly,

Thanks again for your help. Unfortunately, I had already learned that I am able to access my farm from other people's computers!

So, this whole problem must be on my end. I wish I had a clue. I am still UNABLE to get in from my own (or my 2nd, networked).

I went through all of this a couple of months ago. Wish I had a clue how it got "fixed" then. I've looked at everything I can think of at this point.

Oh well. Maybe I will be able to clean up my crops someday. (Actually, I think I will go to a friend's and clean things up a bit.)

Thanks for trying, but still "no go" for the Ladybug.

Regards,
Ms. Ladybug

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 08 2010, 06:17 PM
Molly,

Thanks again for your help. Unfortunately, I had already learned that I am able to access my farm from other people's computers!

So, this whole problem must be on my end. I wish I had a clue. I am still UNABLE to get in from my own (or my 2nd, networked).

I went through all of this a couple of months ago. Wish I had a clue how it got "fixed" then. I've looked at everything I can think of at this point.

Oh well. Maybe I will be able to clean up my crops someday. (Actually, I think I will go to a friend's and clean things up a bit.)

Thanks for trying, but still "no go" for the Ladybug.

Regards,
Ms. Ladybug

I have one last idea....I saw you said you updated your flash. Did you uninstall the old one?

Hayden's grannie
Apr 08 2010, 07:38 PM
The game starts loading and gets to 18% then stops. No farther. HELP!

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 08 2010, 07:53 PM
The game starts loading and gets to 18% then stops. No farther. HELP!

Clear your cache and make sure you have the latest flash player. Remember to uninstall the old flash player after installing the latest one.

CarolAG
Apr 08 2010, 08:44 PM
Old flash player uninstalled before I installed new flash player, cache is clean. I even uninstalled and reinstalled browser. I cannot play the game - I can send gifts and view my neighbor list. I hope to try on another pc tomorrow to see if it loads there. I am only have this issue - same one - on three games. My other games - FarmVille, Cafe World, YoVille and Country Life work just fine. It's Farm Town, Happy Aquarium and FishVille that will not let me play.

jreno
Apr 08 2010, 08:44 PM
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1034582410&farm_ix=1

Facebook or Myspace? Facebook

Browser: IE 7

Version of Adobe Flash: unknown

Type/Speed of Connection: Cable Modem

Was an Error Msg Shown? No

What exactly happens when you try to access the game? When I go to the second farm it is all green - I know I have blackberries currently planted, when game loads it states blackberries are there but then farm is all green.

Is this a constant problem, or are you sometimes able to get on and other times not? Have not been able to get back on since it turned all green.

Have you checked all of your security programs to be sure the game is not blocked. This includes antivirus programs, malware programs, firewalls both on the computer and your router if you use one. Yes have checked it all. My husband can log in and see all of his farms with no issues.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 08 2010, 08:54 PM

Facebook or Myspace? Facebook

Browser: IE 7

Version of Adobe Flash: unknown

Type/Speed of Connection: Cable Modem

Was an Error Msg Shown? No

What exactly happens when you try to access the game? When I go to the second farm it is all green - I know I have blackberries currently planted, when game loads it states blackberries are there but then farm is all green.

Is this a constant problem, or are you sometimes able to get on and other times not? Have not been able to get back on since it turned all green.

Have you checked all of your security programs to be sure the game is not blocked. This includes antivirus programs, malware programs, firewalls both on the computer and your router if you use one. Yes have checked it all. My husband can log in and see all of his farms with no issues.

Make sure you have the latest flash player.

CarolAG
Apr 08 2010, 08:55 PM
Old flash player uninstalled before I installed new flash player, cache is clean. I even uninstalled and reinstalled browser. I cannot play the game - I can send gifts and view my neighbor list. I hope to try on another pc tomorrow to see if it loads there. I am only have this issue - same one - on three games. My other games - FarmVille, Cafe World, YoVille and Country Life work just fine. It's Farm Town, Happy Aquarium and FishVille that will not let me play.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000044675071&farm_ix=Y

I don't know if it will do any good to send link to farm. I hope I did that correctly!

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 08 2010, 08:59 PM
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000044675071&farm_ix=Y

I don't know if it will do any good to send link to farm. I hope I did that correctly!

You know, it did load for me but took a little bit of time. I believe I found the culprit....lots of animals cause lagging and loading problems.

jreno
Apr 08 2010, 09:17 PM
Make sure you have the latest flash player.

I have Adobe Flash Player 10 - have confirmed up to date, have restarted os and still having same issue. When I look at the farm logged in as one of my neighbors they also see the farm all green.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 08 2010, 09:20 PM
I have Adobe Flash Player 10 - have confirmed up to date, have restarted os and still having same issue. When I look at the farm logged in as one of my neighbors they also see the farm all green.

And you have uninstalled the old flash player? If so and you still have this problem, can you link your farm for us? Automatic linking is broken right now so you will have to manually link. Instructions linke din my signature :)

jreno
Apr 08 2010, 09:23 PM
And you have uninstalled the old flash player? If so and you still have this problem, can you link your farm for us? Automatic linking is broken right now so you will have to manually link. Instructions linke din my signature :)

yes - I uninstalled and reinstalled.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 08 2010, 09:32 PM
yes - I uninstalled and reinstalled.

Hmm no problem loading at all. Try using the link you just posted. I'll clean up your farm data to see if it helps.

MsLadybug
Apr 08 2010, 11:50 PM
I have one last idea....I saw you said you updated your flash. Did you uninstall the old one?

Thanks Double T, but yes, I uninstalled first.

tiggertoo312
Apr 09 2010, 12:26 PM
Hi
My farm is WF33. It takes around 10-15 min. for my farm to load and atleast that long if not longer for the second farm to load. I can only hire some of the time. I have emptied my cache and downloaded the newest version of Adobe. If I get hired to a farm, by the time I get there the work is usually done. I am on dialup, but this problem is getting worse all the time.
When I logged on today, I took a shower while it was loading and it still wasnt loaded when I was done. I then tried to go to my other farm and it took 15 min. to get there and lots of my thing were missing. To say the least this is very frustrating. I would really like to continue using Farmtown but my patience are wearing very thin.
Sometimes when I click on my buddy list it says I have no buddies. Chat wont connect all the time.
It seems its just one thing after another. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Buckeye Plantation
Apr 09 2010, 12:39 PM
Using flash on dial up is never a good thing. This game was made for high speed internet. Its not abnormal for dial up to cause you these issues. Even with high speed, many of the servers are slower than what they should be. But with dial up, thats a strike against you right there and nothing that the game makers can do about that.

tiggertoo312
Apr 09 2010, 01:00 PM
Hi Ms Ladybug.

Here's an easier way to delete the flash folders. Click on this link;
then click 'delete all sites'.
If you're still having problems, please link your farm so we can take a look.
Linking instructions are here:

Hi
Could you be a little more specific on how to delete all sites on this website. I am running Windows XP and dont just see a button that says "delete all sites". thx in advance

Dynna65
Apr 09 2010, 07:39 PM
I have been following the threads since my post #1508.
Just tried Macromedia link to 'delete all' flash folder and restarted the computer and Internet Explorer--Facebook and Farm town. Still the Green Screen.

Went back to Macromedia and got the uninstall program and re-ran it for the Flash program.

Just powered back up after re-installing Adobe Flash Player 10
(ver: 10.0.45.2) and still the Green Screen persists.

Any further suggestions would be a blessing.
Please, Pass the magic wand.I also know I have a lot of animals and probably flowers, just I cannot figure why all of a sudden it all stopped working.

Would Microsoft programming Security Updates cause some of this cabosh? They just had a few go through the system and I understand more or in the works.
Then again a lot of ads have been loaded through all the Facebook and App sites lately also.

My husbands XP works fine (sluggish) its just this Vista system for some reason took a powder puff.

I am just about ready to find a restore point if that exists and/or works and start all over.

epmmjch123
Apr 09 2010, 11:05 PM
I also have a problem getting on. Have LOST several crops. Last noght I planted blueberries and they went back to GREEN GRASS do not know why but tonight I can't get on again, it is stuck at 60% and will not get done, WHat CAN i DO TO CORECT THIS !!!!!!!

MsLadybug
Apr 09 2010, 11:23 PM
Would Microsoft programming Security Updates cause some of this cabosh? They just had a few go through the system and I understand more or in the works.
Then again a lot of ads have been loaded through all the Facebook and App sites lately also.

Dynna65! I have suspected as much myself. My problems began on 4/6/2010, on the same day Windows Defender program had an Update (#KB915597). (The next update to Defender was 4/8/2010.)

Mind you, I have pulled my hair out trying to prove it is the culprit, only to learn that Defender Updates can NOT be removed, or uninstalled. Just another one of the reasons I really, REALLY, don't like letting programs auto-update!!! I am just not ready to go to a restore point. And, really shouldn't have to for a silly game.

You may have noticed that this happened to me a couple of months ago. I am hoping for the same end result - things just start magically working again. :)

I think we are pretty much on our own at this point. I've turned Defender off, but I'm afraid if there is a "fix" update, I will miss it.

It's very frustrating. I love the game, but I believe Slashkey is going to be able to help us, even though I can't believe we are the only ones this has happened to.

Wonder if I should just break down and install Windows 7. :(

Sorry....I'm rambling. I spent 3 to 4 days last time, messing with things to try to get Farm Town to open up again, always fearful I would somehow manage to make things worse! Well, I'm there again. I just keep doing things over and over, to no avail.

I want to know why this happens and how to fix it so I don't have to wait for DAYS to play the next time!

Thanks for listening, and "No, I don't feel better".
Ms. ladybug

jreno
Apr 10 2010, 08:36 AM
okay - so I new the blackberries would be ready so I hired someone to harvest and then to plow - did so successfully. When they harvested the empty fields would go from green to seeing empty fields. Plowed fields would come in fine as well. When I went to plant is when problems occured again - you can see on the bottom right that there are eight fields of blackberries just planted. when I planted these they turned green on my end so I stopped. Please advise.

ritasspecialts
Apr 10 2010, 06:26 PM
why when I log on it has 2 little boxes and it come up Rich Media Blocked

candlelight
Apr 10 2010, 06:39 PM
why when I log on it has 2 little boxes and it come up Rich Media Blocked

Hello Rita and welcome.

I've just Googled "Rich Media Blocked" and it appears that this means that an ad which uses the Rich Media format is being blocked. We have been having problems today with an as yet unidentified ad that has had some rogue coding added to it which is trying to hijack players from their farm to an unsafe website. It sounds as though your security programme is catching this before you can be affected.

Coopvrsc
Apr 10 2010, 09:01 PM
why won't this thing load? Level 20 something and just started having this problem yesterday...
can anyone help?

Dynna65
Apr 10 2010, 09:04 PM
I really enjoy this game also. Most of the neighbors I have are roped into Farm Ville.
I just have to much going in this one let alone other daily activities.
This Vista system is the pits for sure.
Sad it was suppose to be the king of road edition over XP, now its Windows 7 and I don't think its going to be that much better. Already I think they have problems with it.
CXan't afford any more computers so this one may be the last one for me.

Have a great week. Maybe we will be up and plowing before long.

summerdavis
Apr 10 2010, 09:33 PM
If you are not able to load the game, please LINK YOUR FARM (red button at the top right of your screen if the link does not work you can find instructions here for making a manual link http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49590) and then post in this thread with the following information:

Facebook or Myspace?

Browser:

Version of Adobe Flash:

Type/Speed of Connection

Was an Error Msg Shown?

Is this a constant problem, or are you sometimes able to get on and other times not?

Have you checked all of your security programs to be sure the game is not blocked. This includes antivirus programs, malware programs, firewalls both on the computer and your router if you use one.

We very much appreciate your assistance and will be updating this top post with any information that we get from the developers.

***Update 4th January; We have some new information from the developers that may help some of you;

You need to check all your security programs.. antivirus, firewalls etc (including the router firewall) Apparently when there are updates, there are sometimes small changes in the information being sent to your computer, so that your security program can actually block the game and prevent it loading.
You need to look for 'Slashkey' in the list of blocked programs, and unblock it.

Additionally, if your browser was open during the download of the new release to your server, the flash application running at the time could retain corrupted files.. so flash needs to be uninstalled and downloaded again.

The developers are also recommending that if you are having difficulty loading the game, for the time being, you open the game as your only open browser, and close all other applications. Give your browser and computer the resources it needs to get the correct files loaded into your computer.

**Further to clearing browser cache and history to ‘clean’ the system, there will be a cdn. folder in your computer’s C drive which collects corrupt and ‘trash’ files from flash-based games such as Farm Town.
Clearing this can help with some issues, such as connection errors, loading issues, and sometimes problems with chat, hiring and invisibility on the game.**

This is to be used ONLY after all other suggestions have failed, and ONLY if you are confident about deleting files within the root drive of your computer.
You need to have administrator access to your PC in order to do this.

The name of the folder is cdn.slashkey.com, and it will typically be found in the Macromedia folder on C:\ drive.
This folder contains all of flash player’s cached files, and clearing it forces a ‘rebuild’ of the information so that the new connection to the game is completely clean (like a new start)

To search for it, go to start menu > search > files folder > and enter cdn.slashkey.com.
Make sure your Internet Browser is closed, and no other files are open, or you will get an error.

Reboot your computer before reloading the browser and logging back into Farm Town. This recreates the folder with fresh contents and server information, and forces an update of your system in relation to the game.

(Our thanks to Mike Hunt for this information)

Please understand that we are trying to collect complete and accurate data for the developers in an attempt to help them troubleshoot the problems you are experiencing so that they can fix them. It is important that we keep this thread on track and would appreciate if your posts did not contain reports of other issues you may be experiencing as this leads to others then redirecting this thread away from it's intended purpose.

Off topic posts about anything other than not being able to load and access the game will be removed from this thread without notice.
This problem has been going on for way too long bow!!! You need to staryt compensating people for wasted crops because of your problem not getting these issues resolved!

Buckeye Plantation
Apr 10 2010, 09:36 PM
If you have been playing a lot...clear your cache (temporary internet files, cookies and history). Close your browser, then restart it and go back to the game. Even restarting pc before going back to the game may help after clearing out all of the garbage.

This process helps out a good bit on these issues and should be done every couple of days depending on how much you play the game.

MsLadybug
Apr 11 2010, 09:54 AM
Well, Dynna65, I thought I had the answer and a magic wand for you. Not so. I had done a system restore back to a point before the dreaded Green Screen began.

I really thought I was brilliant, and that I had it figured out. I had absolutely no problems of any kind YESTERDAY! Today is another story. Green Screen is back and I can not access Farm Town once again.

So having said all that, and reiterating that I have done ALL of the recommendations, (and then some) what was different about yesterday than the day before, and the day after?

Molly? Is there any word on other possible culprits?

I really do spend a lot of time in Farm Town. Too much, I'm sure. Maybe this is God's way of telling me to move on.

I will continue to check periodically, but I am very disappointed that there has been no resolution!

Regards,
Ms. Ladybug

MJR
Apr 11 2010, 12:20 PM
my problems with loading for 4 days last week ended up being a problem with my wireless router and cable modem......we had had a storm and lost power for 3 hours then cable was out until next morning....after resetting the router and modem I've had no problems at all....hope this helps someone else...

sonja shepard
Apr 11 2010, 03:27 PM
I have not been able to download my farm or my neighbor's farm for one week. It only says 37%, irregardless how long I try. Please help. I can recieve gifts and give gifts, but can not get to the game. I have a friend who can get to my farm, infact several friends but not me. This is really a big problem. It does not matter waht level they can reach mine, but not me. I have tried your recommendations. I have had more memory installed and this has not helped at all. I have had 2 comp. expirts and they say zero is wrong with my como.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 11 2010, 04:02 PM
I have not been able to download my farm or my neighbor's farm for one week. It only says 37%, irregardless how long I try. Please help. I can recieve gifts and give gifts, but can not get to the game. I have a friend who can get to my farm, infact several friends but not me. This is really a big problem. It does not matter waht level they can reach mine, but not me. I have tried your recommendations. I have had more memory installed and this has not helped at all. I have had 2 comp. expirts and they say zero is wrong with my como.

Make sure you have the latest flash. If you have an old flash, it needs to be uninstalled. Make sure you've cleared your cache as well.

sherrysfarm
Apr 11 2010, 05:51 PM
I am able to send and receive gifts (through farm town website and on FB), enter the forum, all tabs on front page/opening page are working, but hangs on loading user (I tried to go through FB and cannot use a link to work on a neighbors farm, so that route does not work either):

Facebook - http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1829127780
Browser: Monzilla 5.0/Firefox 3.6.3 - XP, 32-bit
Version of Adobe Flash: Version: 10.0.45.2, Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45 - tested and works with other apps
Type/Speed of Connection - cable connection (worked for months, still working on other apps in FB)
Was an Error Msg Shown? no error message shown
"What exactly happens" hangs on 'loading user'
"Is this a constant problem..." yes, it has been for the past 4 or 5 days.
"All security programs have slashkey authorized rebooted, etc" DONE
"look for 'Slashkey' in the list of blocked programs, and unblock it" - nothing found but wrote them in as authorized, DONE
"The name of the folder is cdn.slashkey.com, and it will typically be found in the Macromedia folder on C:\ drive...." - DONE since everything else failed
spent several hours verifying my add-ons (nothing new added since last worked on my farm, removed noscript and addblocker just to be sure), ran virus scans (2 separate antivirus programs-nothing found) and farm still not loading...

I'm sure most my harvests are wasted...but may still have some available but probably not after today...other game app working fine with flash player I have and yes, I have cleared my cache, cookies, logged-out and rebooted the computer. Any help is appreciated.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 11 2010, 05:53 PM
I am able to send and receive gifts (through farm town website and on FB), enter the forum, all tabs on front page/opening page are working, but hangs on loading user (I tried to go through FB and cannot use a link to work on a neighbors farm, so that route does not work either):

Facebook - http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1829127780
Browser: Monzilla 5.0/Firefox 3.6.3 - XP, 32-bit
Version of Adobe Flash: Version: 10.0.45.2, Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45 - tested and works with other apps
Type/Speed of Connection - cable connection (worked for months, still working on other apps in FB)
Was an Error Msg Shown? no error message shown
"What exactly happens" hangs on 'loading user'
"Is this a constant problem..." yes, it has been for the past 4 or 5 days.
"All security programs have slashkey authorized rebooted, etc" DONE
"look for 'Slashkey' in the list of blocked programs, and unblock it" - nothing found but wrote them in as authorized, DONE
"The name of the folder is cdn.slashkey.com, and it will typically be found in the Macromedia folder on C:\ drive...." - DONE since everything else failed

I'm sure most my harvests are wasted...but may still have some available but probably not after today...other game app working fine with flash player I have and yes, I have cleared my cache, cookies, logged-out and rebooted the computer. Any help is appreciated.

Is your flash player the latest flash player? If it is, make sure the old flash player is still not on your computer and if it is, uninstall it.

ETA: Had no trouble loading your farm with the link you provided. I will clean up farm data though just in case.

CITYGURL
Apr 11 2010, 06:05 PM
Help please, i've done everything, still have loading problems , can't hire people, and cannot purchase from store, and last but not least, i'm losing crops, i love this game, i understand that there is not a quick fix but please keep on trying, and thank you for your fast responce on last post,

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 11 2010, 06:15 PM
Help please, i've done everything, still have loading problems , can't hire people, and cannot purchase from store, and last but not least, i'm losing crops, i love this game, i understand that there is not a quick fix but please keep on trying, and thank you for your fast responce on last post,

Can you link your farm for us please? Automatic linking is down so you will need to manually link (instructions linked in my signature). Make sure you also have the latest flash player and regularly clear your cache.

sherrysfarm
Apr 11 2010, 06:17 PM
Is your flash player the latest flash player? If it is, make sure the old flash player is still not on your computer and if it is, uninstall it.

ETA: Had no trouble loading your farm with the link you provided. I will clean up farm data though just in case.

thank you for your fast reply - I do have the latest flash - I'm happy to hear you got onto my farm....I will check for the other version - but everything was fine earlier in the week and I made no changes...

Sphinxie
Apr 11 2010, 06:56 PM
I haven't logged on to farm town in months. I'd like to play again, but I can't, and I don't understand why. When I follow any link that is supposed to lead to the application farmtown, I get this text on a page within facebook:

You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.

Return home
Go back to the previous page

Meanwhile, my husband tells me he is able to log onto his account. He sent me a url and I got the same result above.

Thanks.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 11 2010, 06:58 PM
I haven't logged on to farm town in months. I'd like to play again, but I can't, and I don't understand why. When I follow any link that is supposed to lead to the application farmtown, I get this text on a page within facebook:

Return home

Meanwhile, my husband tells me he is able to log onto his account. He sent me a url and I got the same result above.

Thanks.

Sounds like you may have blocked it by accident.
Go to FB. Go to account < privacy settings <applications and settings < and then go to blocked games. Make sure FT is not there.

Judith McInnes
Apr 11 2010, 06:59 PM

Return home

Thanks.

I'm getting the same message???? Can anyone help???

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 11 2010, 07:00 PM
I'm getting the same message???? Can anyone help???

Please read my above post :)

irean
Apr 11 2010, 07:04 PM
Everytime I open farmtown from my facebood site it goes to a site that says it can not connect. It is HTTP404 and says that the page is either no longer available or the address is typed in wrong. It means that I cannot play my game. Can anyone help me?

Sphinxie
Apr 11 2010, 07:05 PM
Sounds like you may have blocked it by accident.
Go to FB. Go to account < privacy settings <applications and settings < and then go to blocked games. Make sure FT is not there.

Ah, thanks so much! I thought it might be something like that, but instead I kept going to account < application settings and not finding anything on blocked apps. Thank you!

Double T Dude Ranch
Everytime I open farmtown from my facebood site it goes to a site that says it can not connect. It is HTTP404 and says that the page is either no longer available or the address is typed in wrong. It means that I cannot play my game. Can anyone help me?

Please read post #2 :)

Judith McInnes
Please read my above post :)

I have not blocked the site

Sphinxie
Apr 11 2010, 07:11 PM
Hm, so do untended trees disappear now?

Also I seem to have a mail message that I can't access...

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 11 2010, 07:11 PM
Ah, thanks so much! I thought it might be something like that, but instead I kept going to account < application settings and not finding anything on blocked apps. Thank you!

Good :) Thanks for letting us know!

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 11 2010, 07:12 PM
Hm, so do untended trees disappear now?

Also I seem to have a mail message that I can't access...

Make sure that "show trees" is checked. And others have problems with the messaging system as well. Sometimes clearing cache helps.

sonja shepard
Apr 11 2010, 07:12 PM
I have deleated the flash player and reloaded. It is 10 flash player. I still do not get into and still only get a 37% load. I have linked mine with you. It says it is linked.
It states everything is on except HTML is off. I do not know how or what this. I need help. Is there anything you can do. I did the delate and then turned the comp off and then reloaded, turned off the comp. and then came back on and entered FB and tried FT. I still can not get on. I did this the other day also. I can not get on, except 37%.
If is not linked. How do I manually LINK? I got your 3-mail and it sent me this link. I really amg getting frustrated with not being able to get on. Especially when I have done all you recommend.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 11 2010, 07:13 PM
I have not blocked the site

Did you check? Make sure you are looking under privacy setting and then applications and settings.... it worked for the first poster :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 11 2010, 07:14 PM
I have deleated the flash player and reloaded. It is 10 flash player. I still do not get into and still only get a 37% load. I have linked mine with you. It says it is linked.
It states everything is on except HTML is off. I do not know how or what this. I need help. Is there anything you can do. I did the delate and then turned the comp off and then reloaded, turned off the comp. and then came back on and entered FB and tried FT. I still can not get on. I did this the other day also. I can not get on, except 37%.

You are not linked. The linking you used is the automatic linking which is broken. You will have to manually link.

__SeXy__
Apr 11 2010, 07:16 PM
When i load farmtown and only farmtown im getting redirected to a red page telling me this application is infected with malaware.my husband who is deployed in another country is getting the same how do we fix this

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 11 2010, 07:17 PM
When i load farmtown and only farmtown im getting redirected to a red page telling me this application is infected with malaware.my husband who is deployed in another country is getting the same how do we fix this

See this thread here: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204626

sherrysfarm
Apr 11 2010, 07:23 PM

Hope your still around - I had the latest version of Flash but still could not get past the 'loading user' screen...so I uninstalled (with tool from Adobe), shut down, rebooted, installed latest (as directed from farmtown site), shut down again, rebooted and am still hanging on 'loading user' everything else loads but my farm (and neighbors farms) - strange, I can accept gifts and enter this forum okay from the farm town site just cant get in all the way...here is an error from my error console...

Error: fbjs_fbml_string is not defined
Source File: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/
Line: 72

followed by

Error: Permission denied for <http://l1.slashkey.com> (document.domain has not been set) to call method Location.toString on <http://apps.facebook.com> (document.domain=<http://facebook.com>).
several other similar for the ads associated with slashkey and this game..
interestingly even through there is an error showing...I can see all the ads now that I do not had adblock activated...

is there anything I can do to reconnect? I made no changes to my systems except today when I removed adblock, noscript and uninstalled and reinstalled flash just in case.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 11 2010, 07:28 PM
Hope your still around - I had the latest version of Flash but still could not get past the 'loading user' screen...so I uninstalled (with tool from Adobe), shut down, rebooted, installed latest (as directed from farmtown site), shut down again, rebooted and am still hanging on 'loading user' everything else loads but my farm (and neighbors farms) - strange, I can accept gifts and enter this forum okay from the farm town site just cant get in all the way...here is an error from my error console...

Error: fbjs_fbml_string is not defined
Source File: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/
Line: 72

followed by

Error: Permission denied for <http://l1.slashkey.com> (document.domain has not been set) to call method Location.toString on <http://apps.facebook.com> (document.domain=<http://facebook.com>).
several other similar for the ads associated with slashkey and this game..
interestingly even through there is an error showing...I can see all the ads now that I do not had adblock activated...

is there anything I can do to reconnect? I made no changes to my systems except today when I removed adblock, noscript and uninstalled and reinstalled flash just in case.

Hmmm. The only other thing I can suggest would be to delete your macromedia files. Let me go find the link....

ETA: Don't know where the link went, but the info is in our first post of this thread:

This is to be used ONLY after all other suggestions have failed, and ONLY if you are confident about deleting files within the root drive of your computer.

This folder contains all of flash player’s cached files, and clearing it forces a ‘rebuild’ of the information so that the new connection to the game is completely clean (like a new start)

To search for it, go to start menu > search > files folder > and enter cdn.slashkey.com.
Make sure your Internet Browser is closed, and no other files are open, or you will get an error.

sherrysfarm
Apr 11 2010, 07:47 PM
Hmmm. The only other thing I can suggest would be to delete your macromedia files. Let me go find the link....

ETA: Don't know where the link went, but the info is in our first post of this thread:

I tried this already but I will try again, here is farm ID again : http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/farm_id=1829127780

I appreciate the help and would love to keep playing just got my second farm not too long ago :)

sherrysfarm
Apr 11 2010, 08:48 PM

okay tried this again and still not working found file deleted it scrubbed the trash can, deleted all cookies on the page info tab for farm town/slashkey..shut down rebooted and tried the page again...still showing the 'loading user' it appears since I can get gifts and access this page through farm town website that maybe FT is not reading my info from FB, but I can get and send gifts been doing so all day as I try to figure how to get back on my farm...any other suggestions: I even used my disk cleaner prior to getting back on the net just to be sure, I also tried through IE and it hangs at the same spot..so to recap - uninstalled current flash and reinstalled new (shuting down and rebooting between each), cleared my cache, checked for viruses using two different programs, cleared cookies, cleared temp internet files, removed cdn file, scrubbed trash can and rebooting (I can send and receive gifts)...but FT is not finding my user information to let me into my farm...please help...

this is the error: "Error: Permission denied for <http://l1.slashkey.com> (document.domain has not been set) to call method Location.toString on <http://apps.facebook.com> (document.domain=<http://facebook.com>)."

here is my farm town ID: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/farm_id=1829127780

Thank you!

irean
Apr 12 2010, 02:43 AM
when I click on Farmtown to play it first starts loading and then goes to
i The webpage cannot be found. I have checked that the application is not blocked but it continues to go back to this site. the error is HTTP 404 and it continually goes back to that page.

nic turford
Apr 12 2010, 03:25 AM
i The webpage cannot be found. I have checked that the application is not blocked but it continues to go back to this site. the error is HTTP 404 and it continually goes back to that page.

Try the spyware thread

BrookeB
Apr 12 2010, 03:41 AM

Take a look at this thread on problems with loading Farm Town. It might have some suggestions to deal with the problem you are having. Hope it helps.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201562

Dynna65
Apr 12 2010, 06:55 AM
I've even added www.slashkey.com to my intranet site and still no FarmTown just the green screen. Like you I can access the Forum and neighbors tabs.
Total Bummer and only the same recommended fixes (Broken Recording). Like you I believe a lot of it was the update business. Definitely NOT an accidental blockage on our part.

Dynna65
Apr 12 2010, 08:04 AM
I finally found the Macromedia Files mention in other postings.
However, there are two folders name macromedia listed.

The first Macromedia folder has a subfolder names TJLLWN9H with the cdn.slashkey.com folder.
Containing a flash/farm/main/0402-190402/farm.swf file folders.

The second Macromedia.com folder has a support/flashplayer/sys/ sub
folder(s) with a #cdn.slashkey.com folder. Containing the 'settings.sol' folder

Both are dated 4/9/2010 11:51 pm.

For the computer gerues:
Do I need to delete both of these folders for a rebuild?

MsLadybug
Apr 12 2010, 11:15 AM
Well, I now feel that I really have done all that I can on my end, and no longer feel that the problems lies here.

If anyone was hoping, as I was, that installing Windows 7 would resolve the problem, it will NOT.

I realize that of all the Farm Town players, those of us with a Green Screen are few. And, fewer probably report it in the Forum.

However, I have noticed that this problem has come up in the past. How was it corrected then?

Still seeing green,
Ms. Ladybug

MsLadybug
Apr 12 2010, 11:39 AM
BTW, Just so everyone knows:

I have located the cdn.slashkey.com file.

Deleted it.

Did NNNOOOTTT work!

Arrggghh!!

Ms. Ladybug

Lene Bay
Apr 12 2010, 01:07 PM
I think farm town is so slow today or is it face book which is slow? I don't do anything else than wait, wait and wait when I plow, harvest and sow. My avatar figure moves so slow. A few days ago I downloaded the newest version of "adope player" (isn't it the right name of it?). But it didn't help.

sonja shepard
Apr 12 2010, 03:46 PM
I am still having problems. It has been a total of 168 hours since I was able to down load farm town. I only get 37%. I have deleated the player 2 times and reloaded twice. I have had my memory increased 3 times what it was. I can get to the gifts to give a way. I can not load my farm or a neighbors farm, only to 37 %.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 12 2010, 03:47 PM
I am still having problems. It has been a total of 168 hours since I was able to down load farm town. I only get 37%. I have deleated the player 2 times and reloaded twice. I have had my memory increased 3 times what it was. I can get to the gifts to give a way. I can not load my farm or a neighbors farm, only to 37 %.

Have you tried deleting the macromedia files like it talks about in the first post? It might be worth a shot.

sonja shepard
Apr 12 2010, 06:59 PM
I see all these people have had problems, but this does not fix mine. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I have followed all your instructions, but nothing works. I have a friend who can assess mine but she lives 6oo miles away. My neighbors can get to my farm, but I can not get to mine nor their's. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 12 2010, 07:04 PM
I see all these people have had problems, but this does not fix mine. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I have followed all your instructions, but nothing works. I have a friend who can assess mine but she lives 6oo miles away. My neighbors can get to my farm, but I can not get to mine nor their's. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Sonja,

I understand you are frustrated. And I have been trying to help you. If you can't access your farm or anyone elses' but they can access yours, this leads me to believe it is on your end. I know you probably don't want to hear that, but that is what it probably is. And usually the number 1 culprit is the flash player. So double check that you have the latest one that came out AND that the old flash player is deleted.

ETA: One last thought, it may be worth trying a different browser too.

Applepiecake
Apr 12 2010, 08:44 PM
my problems with farmtown (blank chat, no writing inside any boxes) started with the new flashplayer. downloaded and re-installled several times, and i always clear cache. problems persist on both browsers (ie8 and firefox) and loading/crashing problems happen frequenty since i installed the newest flash player

sonja shepard
Apr 12 2010, 08:53 PM
I have checked the privacy setting. There is nothing blocked, now. Farm Town still only loads to 37%. It acted like it was going but it did not. I went to neighbors and tried that way and still it only loaded to 37%. If there is anything else. Let me know. I have never been on my space. It has too many hackers on it. Please help me if you can.

rafi
Apr 13 2010, 04:57 AM
Hello everybody...This is my first time in this forum and I don't know if i'm doing it well.
My problem is that I can't play farmtown anymore. It doesn't work even after updating my flash player. I don't know what to do. Could you help me????
Thank you so much.

Old Goat
Apr 13 2010, 09:29 AM
Been having a heck of a time connecting/loading for the last couple days. Nothing blocked, cleared cache, removed flash and reinstalled, rebooted a number of times. Did all the things we are asked to do but still having major problems.
Loading farm is extremely slow to just doesn't load at all, often when it IS open I'll answer a hire request and get the 'this webpage not available' pop up and also that same pop up from time to time when trying to get to my farm.
wf 39, IE8, Google Chrome, Adobe flas player 10.0.45.2,Telus Enhanced high speed, Facebook. (Facebook does load)

MsLadybug
Apr 13 2010, 09:49 AM
Here I am again, looking for any new answers. Unfortunately, all I see are new problems with loading Farm Town.

When I go to the Macromedia Settings Manager I never see the cdn.slashkey.com file. I DO see 2 of the advertiser files. Deleting them does not help.

I am curious, when I attempt to load Farm Town, the address is as follows: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bm&cid=bm. Is this correct?

I can't believe this problem goes on, unresolved. I checked my info to see when this last happened to me and it was in February, but only lasted for about 3 or 4 days.

Has anyone tried anything new lately?

Ms. Ladybug

Old Goat
Apr 13 2010, 09:53 AM
MsLadybug, sounds like you are having the same problem as I am. I also have not found a 'cdn.' file, have done everything we are told we should do, but with no results.

MorningStar77
Apr 13 2010, 11:48 AM
Have not been able to log on to My farm in a very long time.
I have been trying to get on and it will not go past loading User.

RIAP27
Apr 13 2010, 12:33 PM
I am reposting after manually linking my farms as per instructions. I am still having connection timing out and when I click to reload the relaod hangs and I get STUCK in the farm! Switching from farms or loading faculties are also either loading SLOW or hanging as well.. Last night was totally wacky for both me and my husband with loading issues. We both have XP. I have 3 gig of RAM and he has 3.5 gig of RAM. I hope that linking works and you can help me.

rafi
Apr 13 2010, 01:51 PM
Hello everybody. Everything is ok now. I can enter my farm as usual. I just cleared my cache and that was all.
Thank you everybody.

sonja shepard
Apr 13 2010, 08:05 PM
I wanted to let you know, my problems are solved. I did not know if anyone ever lets you know. All problems solved. Thank you for your help. Have a blessed week. Great Big Thanks. Sonja

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 13 2010, 08:06 PM
I wanted to let you know, my problems are solved. I did not know if anyone ever lets you know. All problems solved. Thank you for your help. Have a blessed week. Great Big Thanks. Sonja

Thank you for letting us know :) We appreciate the feedback.

Lynncarson
Apr 14 2010, 09:22 AM
I had no problems until the upgrades to the game last night. Now, the game will not load past 5% I have upgraded the adobe flash player but it did not solve the problem. I need help please, my crops are dying!

MsLadybug
Apr 14 2010, 09:32 AM
Hmmm....nothing new here.

Here are some additional attempts on my part:

Removed both Firewall and virus protection. Guess what? Did NOT help.

This is, by the way, the most common excuse given for the Green Screen and a very risky venture for me to try these days.

Dynna65: haven't heard from you lately. Are you still "Green Screening"?

And, how about the Old Goat? Any progress on your end?

Not sure if anyone noticed, but Farm Town put up some info on new features. Skipped through the user comments. Some vented on not being able to load their Farm(s).

There has to be a common denominator. Wish I could figure this out. No one else seems to be able to.

Still seeing Green,
Ms. Ladybug

Lynncarson
Apr 14 2010, 12:54 PM
:confused:I have updated Flash Player, it is not blocked under my Facebook settings, I can send gifts, go to My Neighbors, this forum. This has been going on since early evening yesterday.
Please, does anyone have any ideas????

kunz4
Apr 14 2010, 01:07 PM
Facebook

Browser: Internet explorer

Version of Adobe Flash: 10

Type/Speed of Connection: Not sure.

Was an Error Msg Shown? Error saving data. Error XLINK. Click the green tick to reload game.

What exactly happens when you try to access the game? Green screen comes up with error message and cannot reload game.

Is this a constant problem, or are you sometimes able to get on and other times not? This happens on the computer I am currently using and my laptop. I am able to get to my farm using a different computer at home. I am able to play other games on this computer, i.e. Cafe World and Farmville, but I am unable to play others; they won't load either.

Lynncarson
Apr 14 2010, 01:28 PM
I have Windows 7 and have been using it for several months. Adobe flash is 10, no error message. Just LOADING 5%
The problem started last night after the new items were added to FT. Also, I tried and was able to play Treasure Island, so I don't think it's my flash player. Thanks in advance for ANY advice!!!

Lynncarson
Apr 14 2010, 01:29 PM
Also, I use a verizon wireless usb for my internet connect, and have been for 2 years with no problems. Thanks again!

farmer mc
Apr 14 2010, 02:08 PM
i'v e been in the MP fgor quite some time, trying to get jobs and have had a lot of offerrs. The Hire Requests come through ands i click onm them but then the p[rocess stops and i'm left in the MP although the 'loading farm' message has been appearing. Is anyone else experiencing any problems like this please?

sshohdi
Apr 14 2010, 03:05 PM
Thank you clearing the cache worked for me. My farm was freezing on 24% loading, but read all through the forum, cleared the cache and its working great thank you

Molly Mew
Apr 14 2010, 03:15 PM
For those of you using Windows, there have been quite a few major updates over the last two weeks.
It's worth checking that you have them all, then rebooting your computer.

Once that's done, check for flash player updates on adobe.com. I always find that for some reason Windows updates throw other stuff out of kilter, and I also have to update flash and my browser afterwards.

Farmtown Lover
Apr 14 2010, 05:48 PM
Hi, I have not been able to log into Farm Town all day. I am going to lose all of my harvests. Is there a problem with the site? I ask some of my neighbors and they are having problems too. I don't want all of my harvests to die so what can be done?

RIAP27
Apr 14 2010, 06:22 PM
In addition to connection timing out I am having TERRIBLE time with farms loading whether they are mine or neighbor's farms that I am going over to work on. This is HORRIBLE!! Loading and gets STUCK. I either have to crl alt delete or close the browser completely to get out of the lock. I am also getting loading retries on many things inside my farm such as assets etc. I have no idea what to do and see NO threads I can post to so i created one. Please assist in this matter as it makes it almost impossible to harvest and plow at my neighbor's farms!!! I am ready to pull out all my hair!!!!

dstansberry
Apr 14 2010, 08:54 PM
Why would my wife have problems loading her farmtown, put not face book.
I can access both hers and mine from the laptop. We have run a virus scan and found none. When she goes to farm town it stops loading at 71%

bryanj
Apr 14 2010, 09:02 PM
Been having problems on my end all day too. Maybe it's just me but it seems like everytime a Farmtown update is done there usually seems to be a problem with getting back to my Farmtown farm. Oh well, I guess there could be worse things in life to worry about. :-))

dstansberry
Apr 14 2010, 09:06 PM
It is weird Bryanj, my laptop works fine but the desk top is what is screwing up. She is just about ready to quit facebook and farmtown.
:confused:

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 14 2010, 09:09 PM
It is weird Bryanj, my laptop works fine but the desk top is what is screwing up. She is just about ready to quit facebook and farmtown.
:confused:

If it's just one computer, make sure it has the latest flash player.

Lynncarson
Apr 14 2010, 09:35 PM
Have current flash player, cleaned the cache, can play other facebook games.
But can't get to FarmTown. Can send gifts, forum, etc,,,But FarmTown will not load past 5% Started last night after game was upgraded.
Help!!!!

annette85035
Apr 14 2010, 11:16 PM
I keep trying to help this brand new computer by clearing the cache and the macromedia,but as of late-the connection speed and especially the timing out incidents is beyond ridiculous..

So I got desperate upon reading on this forum about clearing the slashkey folder on the computer under macromedia..

Well I deleted the whole folder dated back in january and then I tried to put it back because half the stuff on my farm was missing and now nothing is loading :(

I don't like computers

jeannettelopez
Apr 15 2010, 01:19 PM
Hola: Desde ayer no puedo accesar el juego. He tratado y nada, puedo enviar y recibir regalos nada mas. Farmtown se queda en el loading 33 x ciento y no abre. Instale el adobe flash 10, como recomiendan y nada. Ayuda x favor, ya perdi mis cosechas y pasar al nivel 79 q me faltaba poco.

jeannettelopez
Apr 15 2010, 01:24 PM
Saludos. Desde ayer 14 de abril, no he podido entrar a mi granja. Unicamente he recibido y enviado regalos. Cuando trato de entrar el juego se queda en el Loading 33% y no carga mi granja. Por favor necesito ayuda. Ya he perdido todas mis cosechas que eran para recoger ayer. Tambien perdi de pasar al nivel 79 ya que me faltaba bien poco. Ayudenme por favor. Jeannette Lopez

MsLadybug
Apr 15 2010, 05:16 PM
Here I am again. Doesn't look like anything new.

I've tried it all again to no avail. I really wish someone would figure this out. I love my Farm(s).

ARRGGGHHHH!

Still Seeing Green,
Ms. Ladybug

Molly Mew
Apr 15 2010, 06:27 PM
Here I am again. Doesn't look like anything new.

I've tried it all again to no avail. I really wish someone would figure this out. I love my Farm(s).

ARRGGGHHHH!

Still Seeing Green,
Ms. Ladybug

I'm so sorry you're still having problems. This might sound crazy after you've just installed Windows 7, but have you checked for Windows updates? There have been quite a few major ones over the last week or so.

I was having quite a few issues the other day, and finally got everything back on track by installing all the Win7 updates and then updating my browser AND flash player (yet again! lol)

MsLadybug
Apr 15 2010, 07:01 PM
Hi Molly,

All of my software is set up to update automatically. Having said that, Windows 7 is up to date, as is Firefox and Flash. (I did check them, too.)

I have even gone so far as to reload previous versions just to see if they would work....only to go back and update everything again.

As a last resort, I will be looking at my daughter's and my sister's computers, just to see if I can figure out what is different. (A little like looking for a needle in a haystack these days....)

I'm hoping Windows 7's next update will do the trick. Wishful thinking, I know. I just can't think of anything else. I know this has been a problem for some on several occasions. I remain hopeful that someone will figure it out.

Thanks again,
Ms. Ladybug

musclewarrior
Apr 15 2010, 07:03 PM
After I bought some of the production businesses ( I.E. Dairy Farm, Wind Mill) I could not get my farm to load! It stays stuck loading at 100 %! I have cleared my Cash but, nothing happens! Can someone look into this?

amberdh
Apr 15 2010, 07:08 PM
Hi Molly,

All of my software is set up to update automatically. Having said that, Windows 7 is up to date, as is Firefox and Flash. (I did check them, too.)

I have even gone so far as to reload previous versions just to see if they would work....only to go back and update everything again.

As a last resort, I will be looking at my daughter's and my sister's computers, just to see if I can figure out what is different. (A little like looking for a needle in a haystack these days....)

I'm hoping Windows 7's next update will do the trick. Wishful thinking, I know. I just can't think of anything else. I know this has been a problem for some on several occasions. I remain hopeful that someone will figure it out.

Thanks again,
Ms. Ladybug

Hi there. Just out of curiosity. Have you tried using a different browser? A shot in the dark I know....

BMC
Apr 15 2010, 08:24 PM
can any1 help me?? my farm town game Will not load past 59%,,, I CAN SEND GIFTS AND THAT IS ALL:(

BMC
Apr 15 2010, 10:07 PM
hello, I cannot load mine or anyone eles farm,it stops loading at 59% ,but i can send gifts. I dont know how to fix it. can anyone help me??
please......thank you:(

amberdh
Apr 15 2010, 10:16 PM
hello, I cannot load mine or anyone eles farm,it stops loading at 59% ,but i can send gifts. I dont know how to fix it. can anyone help me??
please......thank you:(

Hi BMC. Go and read the first post in this thread. There are a few things you can try and if those things don't work come back and post all the info that is asked for in that first post and link your account.

BMC
Apr 15 2010, 10:18 PM
did u get the problem fixed?? i have same problem,mine stops loading at 59%

amberdh
Apr 15 2010, 10:20 PM
did u get the problem fixed?? i have same problem,mine stops loading at 59%

Look at the post above yours please.

MsLadybug
Apr 15 2010, 10:31 PM
Hi amberdh!

Yes, I tried IE8 and even loaded Chrome. Neither worked. I still hear that Firefox is best for Farm Town.

In any case, after 9 days, I'm pretty sure I've tried just about everything, including some things not mentioned here. Including restoring back to the day before the problem began, and installing Windows 7 (which I didn't really want to do)!

Oh, and just so everyone knows, I've done them all more times than I can count. DAILY! (Business has been less than slow, so I've been trying to keep my hands busy - you know, "Idle hands are the devil's workshop".)

Also, I have TWO IDENTICAL COMPUTERS, and neither of them will load Farm Town!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Still Seeing Green,
Ms. Ladybug

LoneWolf1038
Apr 16 2010, 12:05 AM
I am writing for a friend. She says she can't play FT because it loads, and she gets onto her farm, but once she gets there...she can't do anything but stand around! She can send gifts, but can't play the game at all.

What might be her problem? I already told her to clear her cache, but didn't know what else to tell her.

Thanks for your help.

lingay
Apr 16 2010, 01:41 AM
i'm having troubles log in to play. It always have this message "Loading game.... If game doesn't load in 10 seconds or you experience problems, please upgrade your flash player version here." and i always updated my adobe flash player.

please help me my crops might get withered.

amberdh
Apr 16 2010, 01:46 AM
Hi lingay. It is also important to uninstall the old flashplayers as well. You can uninstall them right from the Adobe site. And then reboot your pc before reinstalling. Also, make sure that your browser's cache is emptied.

amberdh
Apr 16 2010, 01:51 AM
Hi there. Does your friend have the latest flashplayer installed? Also, could you provide a link to her farm so that someone could take a look? Here are some instructions on how to do that. The link button up top doesn't work at the moment.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258262

MsLadybug
Apr 16 2010, 12:41 PM
Hello Everyone! It's me again.

Yes, yes, I know....I need to get a life. Well, for the time being, this IS IT!

New day, same efforts. I have redone all of the suggestions. So, I'm going for a new angle. Here is some additional info:

There is no cdn.slashkey.com under Macromedia.
When attempting to load my farm, I never see my id#. Is that okay?

These are the files that appear when I first log into Facebook, and immediately attempt to load Farm Town:

afe.specific.net
apps.facebook.com
atdmt.com
bidsystem.com
cdn4.specificclick.net
facebook.com
google.com
lslashkey.com (I'm showing the first position as an "l" ?)
social.bidsystem.com
socpix.net
specificclick.net
specificmedia.com
doubleclick.net
ads.pointroll.com
pointroll.com

I realize that the MAJORITY of these files are Facebook Advertisers, but is anything missing? Is Facebook just being mean to me? Is there something funky going on with any of the advertisers? What next?

Still Seeing Green, (Soon to be RED)
Ms. Ladybug

bennettmom
Apr 16 2010, 03:14 PM
If I received this message "Error: Error #1000: The system is out of memory.

at global$init()" Does that mean my computer is out of memory????????

merianb
Apr 16 2010, 07:19 PM
I'm still having major issues with "I'm busy" or "waiting", after starting things in the factories. I have to leave Farmtown so it gets unstuck.
Today I was on server wf4, wf44 among others. I've done all the recommended steps, this started after the last update.

stephers86
Apr 16 2010, 10:14 PM
Facebook or Myspace? FACEBOOK

Browser: SAFARI

Version of Adobe Flash: 10.0.45.2

Type/Speed of Connection: DSL

Was an Error Msg Shown?: NO, JUST GREEN SCREEN

What exactly happens when you try to access the game? JUST A GREEN SCREEN

CONSTANT PROBLEM

summerland
Apr 16 2010, 10:27 PM
This is the 3rd time for more than a week Farm Town won't load. I don't know what else to do. None of my friends have this problem but have high speed. I only have dial-up access out here in the country.

thegrasshopper
Apr 17 2010, 05:25 AM
I and a few friends of mine are experiencing problems of the game either 'hanging' or very slow to show to load- this problem has arisen since the factorys were introduced - any one else had the problem of the game slowing down now we have factories. Pre factories the game was not slow at all.

GH.

WhiteFangs
Apr 17 2010, 12:28 PM
Whats up with timing out after you load up the game, an continues to do this right after a everytime?

01mandy
Apr 17 2010, 12:47 PM
i could play this morning but now the loading issues are back stuck on 92% loading and wont budge from there.yet all my other games work .any ideas??? all the cache etc has been cleared.

WhiteFangs
Apr 17 2010, 01:06 PM
You might try to empty or clear your error console this sometimes works for me.

janicesdolphins
Apr 17 2010, 02:14 PM
I can not get the game to load. It stays at "loading user" and goes no further.

summerland
Apr 17 2010, 02:31 PM
This is the 8th day straight that game won't load but 41%. This is the 3rd time this has happened. If I hadn't but so much time & work into it, I would delete it. What suppose to be fun has turned into another stressor. Bummer! Looks like Farm Town could finally get rid of all the gliches.

rabbit123
Apr 17 2010, 06:55 PM
I am having issues logging into farmtown. I was able to get into farmtowm by another computer but unable to do with mine. Was in yesterday in the morning, now unable. I have clicked on link to facebook and have checked the privacy settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologized if I have posted this in the wrong area. Thank You, Pam

lilc2010
Apr 18 2010, 08:23 AM
For the past 2 days, whenever I go to the farmtown game, it starts loading at 6% and doesnt go now where from there...please help me, to try to fix the problem so I can get back playing!!

candlelight
Apr 18 2010, 08:43 AM
I am having issues logging into farmtown. I was able to get into farmtowm by another computer but unable to do with mine. Was in yesterday in the morning, now unable. I have clicked on link to facebook and have checked the privacy settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologized if I have posted this in the wrong area. Thank You, Pam

Hello Pam and welcome.

As you were able to load the game using a different computer it sounds like there may be a problem on yours. Let's try the following:

First, try clearing your internet browser's cache. Then close all browser tabs and windows before re-loading the browser. Information on how to clear the cache for most browsers may be found in this Official thread:

Clearing your browser's cache

If that does not clear the problem, check that you have the most recent version of Flash installed. The opening post in this thread contains information on how to check which version you currently have installed and instructions on how to uninstall that version and install the current version if required:

OFFICIAL Errors-Timed Out, XLink, U00, Connecting
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4307

Also, the link you have provided isn't valid as the automatic linking system isn't working properly. Please follow the instructions in this thread to link it manually:

OFFICIAL How to Link your Farm to the Forum

candlelight
Apr 18 2010, 08:46 AM
For the past 2 days, whenever I go to the farmtown game, it starts loading at 6% and doesnt go now where from there...please help me, to try to fix the problem so I can get back playing!!

Hello lilc2010 and welcome.

Please try the following things first:

First, try clearing your internet browser's cache. Then close all browser tabs and windows before re-loading the browser. Information on how to clear the cache for most browsers may be found in this Official thread:

If that does not clear the problem, check that you have the most recent version of Flash installed. The opening post in this thread contains information on how to check which version you currently have installed and instructions on how to uninstall that version and install the current version if required:

If those don't clear the problem for you, please read the opening post of this thread and try clearing the .cdn files.

If you need further help, we will need you to link your farm so that we can have a look. The automatic linking system isn't working correctly so please follow the instructions in this thread to link it manually:

lilc2010
Apr 18 2010, 09:05 AM
follow those instructions..i cleaned out my internet files,websites visited and etc..and now my farmtown is loaded and now iam able to get back on the game....go to ur internet explorer.. right side of to tool bar go to "Tools",click on internet options, and delete files,..click on websites visited,cookies etc...let it delete..exit when finish and log into farmtown..it worked for me

rjdreas
Apr 18 2010, 09:16 AM
I had farmtown for a week and all was fine. then I come back and it starts to load and goes to 5% and sits there...I have read and done all the stuff you say to do to fix the problem and it still does the same thing...after reading all the people with the same trouble, I dont think the problem is our computers but your game....either fix it or take it off facebook one

lilc2010
Apr 18 2010, 09:32 AM
clean out ur internet files,cookies and websites visited..it will let u back into farmtown...i did it and now im playing my farmtown again

Robin47
Apr 18 2010, 12:31 PM
Game is VERY slow to load. Doesn't matter if I go to my packed farm or someone who is level 1 farm. So it's not that they have a lot of stuff. The game just takes forever to load. I have cleared cache, cleared Adobe's cache, reloaded browser (Firefox), cleaned computer using CCleaner. Nothing helps.

Link to my farm:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=539883828

Kelsey
Apr 18 2010, 04:35 PM
I had farmtown for a week and all was fine. then I come back and it starts to load and goes to 5% and sits there...I have read and done all the stuff you say to do to fix the problem and it still does the same thing...after reading all the people with the same trouble, I dont think the problem is our computers but your game....either fix it or take it off facebook one

Hi Rick,
My using your link, I loaded your farm - with no problems. When someone else can load your farm with no problems, then it means that it is not the FT server that you are on ... if no one can load your farm, then it is a game problem. Have you tried everything suggested? Please tell us what you have done to fix it - i.e. updated versions of Flash, ActiveX, Java, cleared computer cache, cleared Adobe cache ... things like that can help us to further help you and get you back on your farm.
Thanks.

Game is VERY slow to load. Doesn't matter if I go to my packed farm or someone who is level 1 farm. So it's not that they have a lot of stuff. The game just takes forever to load. I have cleared cache, cleared Adobe's cache, reloaded browser (Firefox), cleaned computer using CCleaner. Nothing helps.

Link to my farm:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=539883828

Hey Robin, I keep getting an Error X025 when I try your link - can you double check it for me? I'd like to try and help you out ...

Robin47
Apr 18 2010, 09:31 PM
hi rick,
my using your link, i loaded your farm - with no problems. When someone else can load your farm with no problems, then it means that it is not the ft server that you are on ... If no one can load your farm, then it is a game problem. Have you tried everything suggested? Please tell us what you have done to fix it - i.e. Updated versions of flash, activex, java, cleared computer cache, cleared adobe cache ... Things like that can help us to further help you and get you back on your farm.
Thanks.

Hey robin, i keep getting an error x025 when i try your link - can you double check it for me? I'd like to try and help you out ...

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=100000576084290 (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=539883828)

Not sure what the problem is..try that..
(http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=539883828)

twell48
Apr 18 2010, 11:01 PM
my cafe just vanished yesterday and i cant fine it . try hitting the cafe buttom and it tells me it has expired please tell me what is going on

Robin47
Apr 18 2010, 11:13 PM
What cafe are you talking about?

Jacky28
Apr 19 2010, 03:14 AM
Hi all

Is anyone still having problems loading FT?

I have not been able to get on since yesterday Australia time.

I can send gifts access the neighbours and forum tabs but thats it.

I have done all the usual things like clearing cache and all temp files and the such but I still cannot get on to my farm

I am using Explorer 8.0.6001...connection speed is good. I have uninstalled flash player and reinstalled then rebooted.

When I try and load the game I get the white screen with the usual message - Loading game.... If game doesn't load in 10 seconds or you experience problems, please upgrade your flash player version here and thats as far as it gets:(

If you can let me know what is happening it would be great.

Thank you.

candlelight
Apr 19 2010, 03:21 AM
Hi all

Is anyone still having problems loading FT?

I have not been able to get on since yesterday Australia time.

I can send gifts access the neighbours and forum tabs but thats it.

I have done all the usual things like clearing cache and all temp files and the such but I still cannot get on to my farm

I am using Explorer 8.0.6001...connection speed is good. I have uninstalled flash player and reinstalled then rebooted.

When I try and load the game I get the white screen with the usual message - Loading game.... If game doesn't load in 10 seconds or you experience problems, please upgrade your flash player version here and thats as far as it gets:(

If you can let me know what is happening it would be great.

Thank you.

Hi Jacky.

Your farm loads fine for me. I came across this suggestion from another member a little while ago:

I had tried Java, ActiveX, Flash, checked my firewall and virus program. Logged in and out, rebooted, clicked every link to my or other farms from FB and tried going to the "neighbors" tab to get to my farm. Nothing. Then after I posted this question here at the forum, I read several more posts from others. Even though I had done this before several timesbefore, I noticed a checked box and unchecked it - and went right to my farm with no issues. From IE tools, Interrnet Options, Browsing history and clicked delete. New box had the checked box - "Preserve Favorite Website Data" I unchecked it and it took a while to delete all of the files. But it worked..

Do you have that box ticked or unticked?

Jacky28
Apr 19 2010, 04:04 AM
Thank you so much that helped:) and I now can get on my farm.

Cheers everyone

teresaj
Apr 19 2010, 04:12 AM
i am having trouble downloading my farm after about 6 attempts it will load but i am unable to see my modern mansion , i do not seem to have trouble going to farms if they do not have a m .m
have updated and did everything as require any help please:confused:

jackie's farm
Apr 19 2010, 04:40 AM
do you have 'show buildings' checked off?

BrookeB
Apr 19 2010, 04:56 AM
The mods will likely suggest that you link your farm to this forum so that they can look at your farm to see if they can see the mansion. It helps to narrow down the possible causes (settings vs database glitch). Here are the instructions for manual linking (the automatic linking doesn't work)...

teresaj
Apr 19 2010, 05:09 AM
thanks for replies
jackie I can see all other building except MM

candlelight
Apr 19 2010, 06:07 AM
Thank you so much that helped:) and I now can get on my farm.

Cheers everyone

I'm so glad it helped. Thanks for letting us know. :)

candlelight
Apr 19 2010, 06:14 AM
i am having trouble downloading my farm after about 6 attempts it will load but i am unable to see my modern mansion , i do not seem to have trouble going to farms if they do not have a m .m
have updated and did everything as require any help please:confused:

thanks for replies
jackie I can see all other building except MM

Hi Teresa.

Frequently when only one or a few things won't load, that indicates that either your internet browser is pulling an old page from cache or that you need to update your Flash player.

If those don't clear the problem for you, please read the opening post of this thread and try clearing the .cdn files.

If you need further help, we will need you to link your farm so that we can have a look. The automatic linking system isn't working correctly so please follow the instructions in this thread to link it manually:

ksdsb11
Apr 19 2010, 06:18 AM
I have tried every single trick to get farm town to load and nothing has worked. I cleared the favorite cookies and still get the same screen, farm town loads up to "load user" where it just stops and does nothing more. It has been this way for 4 days now. I sent a message to the developers of the app and still nothing. If anyone has any suggestions I will try. I cleared the cache, tried going through neighbors, I can send gifts I think but don't know if I am recieving them. I used system restore to go back to when it was working, removed the slashkey.com file, refreshed while it was loading, logged out and back in, rebooted my pc.. made sure I had the newest flash player and shockwave.. couldn't imagine why I would have to do that when I installed it just a few weeks ago.. but checked anyhow. Now I am turning to you, any ideas on how to get this to work again? I am running windows 7, know I have more than adequate ram and memory since it worked without any real glitches up until Friday. Thanks in advance for your help

candlelight
Apr 19 2010, 06:34 AM
I have tried every single trick to get farm town to load and nothing has worked. I cleared the favorite cookies and still get the same screen, farm town loads up to "load user" where it just stops and does nothing more. It has been this way for 4 days now. I sent a message to the developers of the app and still nothing. If anyone has any suggestions I will try. I cleared the cache, tried going through neighbors, I can send gifts I think but don't know if I am recieving them. I used system restore to go back to when it was working, removed the slashkey.com file, refreshed while it was loading, logged out and back in, rebooted my pc.. made sure I had the newest flash player and shockwave.. couldn't imagine why I would have to do that when I installed it just a few weeks ago.. but checked anyhow. Now I am turning to you, any ideas on how to get this to work again? I am running windows 7, know I have more than adequate ram and memory since it worked without any real glitches up until Friday. Thanks in advance for your help

Hello ksdsb11 and welcome to the forum.

Would you please tell me what browser you are using?

ksdsb11
Apr 19 2010, 06:55 AM
Hello ksdsb11 and welcome to the forum.

Would you please tell me what browser you are using?

I am using IE 8, my pc shows both 64 bit and regular, I have tried both and still get nothing. Here is the address that tries to load when I click on the farm town link: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bm&cid=bm

candlelight
Apr 19 2010, 07:02 AM
I am using IE 8, my pc shows both 64 bit and regular, I have tried both and still get nothing. Here is the address that tries to load when I click on the farm town link: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bm&cid=bm

Thanks.

Another member made this suggestion earlier today. It's also worked for someone else so would you please try it and let me know how you get on:

I had tried Java, ActiveX, Flash, checked my firewall and virus program. Logged in and out, rebooted, clicked every link to my or other farms from FB and tried going to the "neighbors" tab to get to my farm. Nothing. Then after I posted this question here at the forum, I read several more posts from others. Even though I had done this before several timesbefore, I noticed a checked box and unchecked it - and went right to my farm with no issues. From IE tools, Interrnet Options, Browsing history and clicked delete. New box had the checked box - "Preserve Favorite Website Data" I unchecked it and it took a while to delete all of the files. But it worked..

anniepro
Apr 19 2010, 08:34 AM
For the past few days I have not been able to get to my Farms. I get the green screen with "FarmTown" on it and then "loading" comes up but it never loads.......one day I just left it and came back 3 hours later and the screen still said "loading." I have tried all the suggestions but nothing has worked. Please I need help as I haven't been able to get to my farm, all my crops are wasting, and it's just no fun and very aggravating!!

Kelsey
Apr 19 2010, 11:52 AM
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=100000576084290 (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=539883828)

Not sure what the problem is..try that..
(http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=539883828)

This link works perfectly! Your farm loaded for me quite fast today ... is it better for you now or is it still loading slowly for you?

Robin47
Apr 19 2010, 03:14 PM
Ok TYVM Kelsey :) It's a little faster for me today. I guess it was net congestion or something LOL.

Thanks again!

ksdsb11
Apr 19 2010, 03:59 PM
No that doesn't work for me, it gives me the same Farm Town "loading user" screen. I don't know if there is sometihng in the settings that I need to change or if it is just a problem with the application. I haven't done anything besides take critical updates and most of these went to spread sheet etc.

summerland
Apr 19 2010, 07:22 PM
Loading problem worse. Instead of 51% it now loads only 19%. I enjoyed working on my farm & helping friends. I want to do so again. Can't admistration do something?

MsLadybug
Apr 19 2010, 10:51 PM
I wanted to update and let everyone know that I am now able to get to my Farm Town.

I appreciate all of the suggestions, and quite honestly, I tried them all - they did NOT work.

My magic wand came from an old FT Forum post from June 2009. (Trust me, this is not the first time the Green Monster has appeared. And I have had the misfortune of it happening TWICE.)

There was some excellent info within the post. General things that just made sense.

Here is the link to that post:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74926

Good luck and Happy Farming,
Ms. LadyBug

nettreagan
Apr 19 2010, 11:25 PM
I was playing just fine this afternoon. I even leveled up. When I tried to go in tonight to
check and see if anything was ready, non of my assets would load up, on either farm. The
same thing when I went to my neighbors farms too.. I even lost some neighbors too. I started out with 32 neighbors and now I am down to 25. Don't know what happened to them. I know they all didn't drop the game. They just disappeared. I hope I don't get
penalized for not being able to access my game. It isn't like I haven't tried. I haven't been able to access the one on myspace in a long time now. Of course, I am spending a
lot more time on facebook. I sure hope you can get this fixed soon. Thank you.

suzie200294
Apr 20 2010, 04:37 AM
I have had the same problem since last night, will not get past 17% I have done everything that has been suggested, I cannot get on the game at all, yet yesterday afternoon it was perfect, all my crops will have died. Other games play well, I have a brand new fast L\top windows 7 and have tried several browsers, all the same. Don't know what else to do, but I hope it will get sorted out soon

gillianeileen
Apr 20 2010, 08:20 AM
This has been going on a few days. I can't sell my crops. It freezes whether I try to launch the storage from my farm, or go to the marketplace and request to sell my crops there.

Also, my second farm won't launch at all. I was able to hire someone to harvest and plow but was not able to get into it at all.

This is weird stuff!

gillianeileen
Apr 20 2010, 09:39 AM
Also....it will work perfectly in Mozillla Firefox, albeit very slowly, but not in Internet Explorer
I'm running Windows 7 using the 32 bit browser. Had no problems a few days ago.

aceyducey
Apr 20 2010, 04:31 PM
Facebook or Myspace? facebook

Browser: Safari and or Chrome

Version of Adobe Flash: 10.4.2 The latest if i made a mistake in level here.

Type/Speed of Connection: Cable

Was an Error Msg Shown? X025 at times and lots of Flash Player errors every day.

Is this a constant problem, or are you sometimes able to get on and other times not? It has been regularly happening for a week now.

Have you checked all of your security programs to be sure the game is not blocked. This includes antivirus programs, malware programs, firewalls both on the computer and your router if you use one. : yes. I don't have an antivirus program on my brand new Imac.

KTomlinson
Apr 20 2010, 04:32 PM
I can not get to FarmTown from anywhere. I keep getting an error message saying I do not have a valid address. even if I use the SLASHKEY.COM play Farm Town link bar. Please help.

momsworld
Apr 20 2010, 05:11 PM
For the last two days, I haven't been able to get into the game. I've been stuck at "loading" I can get on Neighbors and Invite but nothing else. Help!!!

sonja shepard
Apr 20 2010, 08:30 PM
I have been back on for one week, now, 7 days. I can not get on today. I decided not to wait so long this time. I went to the settings and everything is correct. It goes to 55%, today on getting to my farm or to try to go to neighbor's farm from the neighbor set up. Please fix this permanently . It is very frustrated when you can't get on.
sonjashepard@yahoo.com

stephers86
Apr 20 2010, 09:39 PM
Facebook
Browser: Safari
Adobe Flash: 10.0.45.2, just un-installed and re-installed
Connection: Cable
No Error Message
Game does not load, it is just a green screen
Recently became a constant...

crimsonjohn001
Apr 20 2010, 10:26 PM
ill i get is connecting to the sever...main frame,,green , yellow ect and never loads the game

Contadina
Apr 20 2010, 10:48 PM
I have the same issue please do something, the off line mode blinks all the time, the game does not load and always say connecting to mainframe but it never connects. What's going on?

pasayten
Apr 20 2010, 10:53 PM
Same issue here... Tried with 2 different browsers (IE 8 and Firefox)...
Starts with town server... green server... yellow sever and just hangs

I do have all three farms... does the same thing on all of them.

Also had the same issues of losing neighbors like many others this last day...

virgo47
Apr 20 2010, 11:13 PM
yep things are messed up and we're going to lose crops

pasayten
Apr 20 2010, 11:18 PM
At 9:16pm PDT, the loading issue went away for me... Hopefully it has for the rest of you also...

Molly Mew
Apr 21 2010, 03:45 AM
At 9:16pm PDT, the loading issue went away for me... Hopefully it has for the rest of you also...

Thanks for letting us know. :)

There were some server issues which may have affected the loading process. These should be resolved now.

ninerchar
Apr 21 2010, 02:02 PM
I have tried everything but I cannot get onto FT. It just sits there loading. I can get onto FV and FB. Someone please help me. I'm sure all my crops are dead by now.

Char

sonja shepard
Apr 21 2010, 06:18 PM
Send me the adobe 10.2 address, I up dated last week and it put 9.6 or something in mine not 10.2

teri anderson-sulewski
Apr 21 2010, 08:47 PM
I'm on facebook using firefox, and ie, I just upgraded my flash.The cache is clean and the program not being blocked by any program on my computer. I receive a "simple page not found". When I click any farmtown link I always go to the same address: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bm&cid=bm
There isn't an ID in sight, not even when I hover. I have another farm I can access without problem. I can access fb, fv, cl and other applications. I even tried to set up a new farm with the same ID and still got the same page not found result. It's been probably a month and this is my last ditch effort to try and recover this site. I worked so hard on it I hate to see it gone for good. None of my neighbors can access it anymore either.
thanks

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 21 2010, 08:50 PM
I'm on facebook using firefox, and ie, I just upgraded my flash.The cache is clean and the program not being blocked by any program on my computer. I receive a "simple page not found". When I click any farmtown link I always go to the same address: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bm&cid=bm
There isn't an ID in sight, not even when I hover. I have another farm I can access without problem. I can access fb, fv, cl and other applications. I even tried to set up a new farm with the same ID and still got the same page not found result. It's been probably a month and this is my last ditch effort to try and recover this site. I worked so hard on it I hate to see it gone for good. None of my neighbors can access it anymore either.
thanks

Sounds like it may be blocked. Double check and go to your FB page and go to account < privacy settings< applications and websites < blocked games and see if FT is there.

sonja shepard
Apr 21 2010, 10:13 PM
I still am unable to load my farm. I get 55%. I have checked adobe reader & adove player. Reader is 9.2.3 and player is 10.0. I reinstaled and deleated the old. I still cannot load. I have a friend that lives 700 miles away and she is able to down load
my farm. She has no prpblem but I do. Anything you can do to help I will be so thankful.

teri anderson-sulewski
Apr 21 2010, 10:28 PM
Sounds like it may be blocked. Double check and go to your FB page and go to account < privacy settings< applications and websites < blocked games and see if FT is there.

Bingo, what's funny is I checked that several times and never saw farmtown on the list. This time I did... my poor farm looks horrid but I'll fix it tomorrow.
Thanks alot:D

rodtig
Apr 22 2010, 05:42 AM
I accepted a neighbor on Farmtowm and when it went to reload Farmtown so I could beging to play It started to stop with a message IE was closed due to a problem to the website It has been 2 days now and I have done everything I know to get it to reload Sometimes it will make it asfar a i am ablbe to see my farm but then it closes Is their a problem on my end I have even followed the some the other sugestions on other people sinquiries on loading issues

Lil'Punkin
Apr 22 2010, 09:36 AM
FaceBook, IE

My ice cream factory will not load. In the loading process, it retries 3 times and then loads everything but the ice cream factory. What's interesting is that my mom could see my ice cream factory while visiting my farm.

Uninstalled Flash and reinstalled to be certain that I had the newest version.

Tried Safari and Farmtown didn't load at all. Haven't checked to see if there are updates for Safari, since I don't use it much.

Also, my husband has the ice cream factory and it will not load on his farm either, using the same computer.

What else I can try to fix the problem?

Got it straightened out. At some point, my browsing history had stopped automatically clearing on a regularly basis. Cleared the cookies, etc. and now the ice cream factory loads on this computer.

splitpea
Apr 22 2010, 11:14 AM
Hello, please can you help me, I havent been able to load my farm town for about 3 days now, it started with loading and then would get stuck on 79% now it just stays with the message 'if this game doesnt load in 10 minutes etc then try loading the latest version of the flash player' I have done this and it still doesnt work.....Please help xxx

skyg711@aol.com
Apr 22 2010, 11:44 AM
Could you please tell me why I do not have any grass? Just what looks like a green background

amberdh
Apr 22 2010, 11:45 AM
Hi there. Not too sure what that means. Could you link your account so someone can take a look?

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49590

Instructions for linking

skyg711@aol.com
Apr 22 2010, 11:48 AM
Hi there. Not too sure what that means. Could you link your account so someone can take a look?

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49590

Instructions for linking

think I did that right, would appreciate any help

amberdh
Apr 22 2010, 11:51 AM
think I did that right, would appreciate any help

I am so sorry. But the button up top doesn't work and you will have to link manually. My previous post contains a link that will take you to some instructions on how to do that.

Molly Mew
Apr 22 2010, 01:55 PM
Lil'Punkin: I'm so pleased you got your problem sorted out. :)

Rodtig and Splitpea.. would you please link your farms so we can take a look? The automatic forum link isn't working, but instructions for manual linking are here;

Thanks.

splitpea
Apr 22 2010, 02:42 PM
Hi Molly,

I have now added the link to my signature, is this correct :o)

Splitpea

ninerchar
Apr 22 2010, 02:44 PM
did this work for you Splitpea?

splitpea
Apr 22 2010, 02:52 PM
Well I have managed to put my link to the farm on the bottom of each of my posts, I think thats what they wanted me to do. Nothing has happened to my farm yet, I still cant get on it :(

ninerchar
Apr 22 2010, 02:54 PM
me neither. I have tried everything.

splitpea
Apr 22 2010, 02:57 PM
I am going to wait till Molly answers the post I think x

ninerchar
Apr 22 2010, 02:59 PM
I just sent her a message from me.

Molly Mew
Apr 22 2010, 03:01 PM
Hello, please can you help me, I havent been able to load my farm town for about 3 days now, it started with loading and then would get stuck on 79% now it just stays with the message 'if this game doesnt load in 10 minutes etc then try loading the latest version of the flash player' I have done this and it still doesnt work.....Please help xxx

Hi Molly,

I have now added the link to my signature, is this correct :o)

Splitpea

Perfect. :)

I got to both of your farms with no problem at all. When you updated flash player, did you uninstall the old one first, then reboot the computer?

ninerchar
Apr 22 2010, 03:02 PM
yes several times

ninerchar
Apr 22 2010, 03:03 PM
you mean uninstall - reboot - then reinstall? I didn't do it this way, just uninstalled and reinstalled.

ninerchar
Apr 22 2010, 03:03 PM
Molly, why did this happen?

Molly Mew
Apr 22 2010, 03:05 PM
I just sent her a message from me.

Hi Ninerchar. :)

It might be better if we communicate on the forum rather than by private message - I have about 150 new messages in my inbox at the moment lol it will take me a while to get through them. Also this way we can maybe give hints and tips to other players with the same problem.

Molly Mew
Apr 22 2010, 03:06 PM
you mean uninstall - reboot - then reinstall? I didn't do it this way, just uninstalled and reinstalled.

It's sometimes better to reboot in between, as that helps to get rid of any files that are left over.

ninerchar
Apr 22 2010, 03:29 PM
ok, I uninstalled flash, shut down, reinstalled. it still didn't work. Sorry Molly this is the first time I have used Slashkey

claudiascintu
Apr 22 2010, 03:48 PM
i can not get into my farm. it keeps saying loading assets and it stays at 92% and doesn't ever load. HELP

splitpea
Apr 22 2010, 03:51 PM
Hi Molly,

I have now uninstalled flash player....reinstalled flash player and re started the computer....now I still have 79% loading and it doesnt go no further

Bookjunky
Apr 22 2010, 04:35 PM
Farmtown is loading for me but will not do anything else. I can't even see if my the progress of my crops. Cant use any of the tools. By the way, I did clear the cache. I run firefox on an imac - please do not suggest that I use ie.

amberdh
Apr 22 2010, 04:56 PM
Farmtown is loading for me but will not do anything else. I can't even see if my the progress of my crops. Cant use any of the tools. By the way, I did clear the cache. I run firefox on an imac - please do not suggest that I use ie.

Hi there. Is your flashplayer up to date? Uninstall the old, reboot and then reinstall the newest one.

Bookjunky
Apr 22 2010, 05:27 PM
My flash player is up to date. I am not having trouble with any other flash games and had no problem with farmtown earlier today.

amberdh
Apr 22 2010, 05:46 PM
My flash player is up to date. I am not having trouble with any other flash games and had no problem with farmtown earlier today.

Try going to your c drive and clearing the cdn. folder. Only do this if you feel confident deleting files though.

dcosby
Apr 22 2010, 07:26 PM
When I click on play all I see is a green screen nothing will load and same thing is happening with gifts to neighbors no photos of the gifts, is there a problem right now.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 22 2010, 07:28 PM
When I click on play all I see is a green screen nothing will load and same thing is happening with gifts to neighbors no photos of the gifts, is there a problem right now.

I'm not having any problems. You might want to make sure you have the latest flash player. If you do have the latest flash, make sure the old flash player is gone.

Bookjunky
Apr 22 2010, 10:59 PM
How can flash player be a problem when game works fine in the morning then 2 hours later does not work? Come on people get off flash player. THE DARN FLASH PLAYER IS UP TO DATE. I mean seriously the version on the adobe site is the same one I had. And dumping it and reinstalling DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. I have seen enough of this stuff over the past year to get an idea when everything that uses flash player is working perfectly but one application the problem has never been flash player.

Molly Mew
Apr 23 2010, 05:08 AM
Try going to your c drive and clearing the cdn. folder. Only do this if you feel confident deleting files though.

Thanks Amber. :)

An easy way to find and delete cdn. and flash files is via this link:

Just click 'delete all sites' and 'confirm'. This gets rid of any corrupt flash files and forces a clean download of the game.
Worth a try. :)

Bookjunky
Apr 23 2010, 08:52 AM
All I had to do was wait overnight and the game is working fine again. Did not so a thing to flash player and when I trouble shoot the first thing I do is flush the cache. Like I said the problem is not always flash player. Since I did nothing on my end the problem must have been elsewhere.

AutieT
Apr 23 2010, 10:05 AM
All I had to do was wait overnight and the game is working fine again. Did not so a thing to flash player and when I trouble shoot the first thing I do is flush the cache. Like I said the problem is not always flash player. Since I did nothing on my end the problem must have been elsewhere.

Molly Mew was able to help me last time, so I thought I'd come back. Same thing for me, Bookjunky---- everything was fine last night, nothing new on the computer, I emptied cache, and this morning, it won't load. First stopped at 25%, then I emptied cache, rebooted, and now it won't load at all. I thought I'd try loading through here since that helped me last time. Other than that, I don't know. I really can't spend the morning fooling with this, and by the weekend, crops will be dead. ARGH. how can it be Flash again? I'm just hoping something magic happens. OK, Slashkey folk, do your magic!

Bookjunky
Apr 23 2010, 10:56 AM
My problem was solved by simply waiting. There was a bug in the works someplace and I changed nothing so it does not seem to have been on my end.

dobermangirl
Apr 23 2010, 01:34 PM
Hi, I have logged in back to the farm after taking a break of about 9 months. The farm is still there, my crops, my house, but I cannot do anything there. I even bought a seeder, which later disappeared.... Looks functional but isn't. How can I fix that? I want my old farm back, I don't want to start from the beginning...Help

Molly Mew
Apr 23 2010, 02:39 PM
Molly Mew was able to help me last time, so I thought I'd come back. Same thing for me, Bookjunky---- everything was fine last night, nothing new on the computer, I emptied cache, and this morning, it won't load. First stopped at 25%, then I emptied cache, rebooted, and now it won't load at all. I thought I'd try loading through here since that helped me last time. Other than that, I don't know. I really can't spend the morning fooling with this, and by the weekend, crops will be dead. ARGH. how can it be Flash again? I'm just hoping something magic happens. OK, Slashkey folk, do your magic!

Hi AutieT. :)

I just visited your farm, and you appeared to be there. Are you still having problems loading?

Hi, I have logged in back to the farm after taking a break of about 9 months. The farm is still there, my crops, my house, but I cannot do anything there. I even bought a seeder, which later disappeared.... Looks functional but isn't. How can I fix that? I want my old farm back, I don't want to start from the beginning...Help

Hi Dobermangirl. :)

There's a seeder on your farm, right in between the harvester and plower.
After such a long break you need to clear your browser cache (instructions in the link under my signature) and also uninstall flash player, reboot your computer.. then go to the adobe site and download the latest version of flash.
Let us know if you're still having any problems.

**Splitpea and Ninerchar.. sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.
Are you both getting to your farms OK now?

ohoh
Apr 23 2010, 04:32 PM
with farmtown? after yesterday maintanance, i cant get in, the screen is green, nothing shows up, im using im using internet explorer 7, dell inspiron 1525, windows vista

momsworld
Apr 23 2010, 04:39 PM
Facebbook user, Internet Exploer, Adober Flash 10, no Error messages and no cache file to be found, nothing is blocked. Adobe was removed and reloaed. we've tried everything. Just stopped working about wa week ago. Please help. Going through withdrawl.

bluegirl1
Apr 23 2010, 05:08 PM
hi i've tried everything i've read on this page but i still can't get into my farmtown..it's driving me nuts as my hubby can get into his on the same computer..any ideas why i can't access mine and he can...thanks.

bennyboy
Apr 23 2010, 05:11 PM
hey guys, i cant even log into facebook to ge tonto farm town..

does any1 know whats happening,
all it is doing is saying my internet is offline when im still connected to internet..help me please ...

my crops are going to die !!!! :(

Molly Mew
Apr 23 2010, 05:12 PM
Facebbook user, Internet Exploer, Adober Flash 10, no Error messages and no cache file to be found, nothing is blocked. Adobe was removed and reloaed. we've tried everything. Just stopped working about wa week ago. Please help. Going through withdrawl.

Hi Momsworld. :)

Clear your browser cache following the instructions here;

http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258262

Make sure you have the forum bookmarked, log out of Facebook and close Internet Explorer.
Then relaunch Explorer, come back to the forum, and try getting to your farm by clicking the 'Play Farm Town' button at the top of the page.

Molly Mew
Apr 23 2010, 05:14 PM
hey guys, i cant even log into facebook to ge tonto farm town..

does any1 know whats happening,
all it is doing is saying my internet is offline when im still connected to internet..help me please ...

my crops are going to die !!!! :(

Hi Bennyboy. Try what I've suggested in my reply to Momsworld in the post just above this one.

momsworld
Apr 23 2010, 10:27 PM
Molly Mew,
I tried all the above and and nothing worked. Here is my farm id number 56748925791
I hope that helps in solving the issue.

ninerchar
Apr 23 2010, 11:39 PM
NOTHING IS WORKING. Haven't been on FT for 5 days. Any other useful suggestions?? Is anyone checking into this or what?