PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- October 20th, 2009

Pages : 1 2 [3]

laph0728
Oct 22 2009, 11:39 PM
I agree with the comments about more land, more levels, etc. When are you going to do something for all of us who have worked so hard to get to 34.
Please remove the fuel tank from the gifts. I have received about 5 and I can't sell them. When I go to my gift box, my option on the fuel tank is to use it but since I have no equipment, I'm stuck. Don't intend to purchase equipment, and I'm receving multiple fuel tank every day. If anyone has been able to sell them, please let me know how you did it.

jdaddy
Oct 22 2009, 11:43 PM
Brittany no need to be snotty, I happen to agree with him...level 34 and nothing to do from here...adding things we can't really use :(

I agree too.

Its sure is nice to have a nice farm but after a while it gets boring.
no new levels = no challenge .

What is the point of adding more coins if we can't buy new things since we have no space???

What's the point of getting XP points if we don't get up the levels?
I can somewhat understand increasing land requires bigger servers but how is 5 more level makes a different, pro easier add on then tractors that kinda pointless to use anyways on our own farms.
I hire farmers to plow and have no problem spending an extra 10-15 minutes planting without a 60,000 seeder.

I appreciate the hard work put into the game but sometimes you need to listen to people and look at ur game, too many people reach level 34 and stop caring.

Anyways, I think the tractors are a waste of time for level 34 farmers and a waste of money/coins.

Hope to see more levels and land soon.
Thanks.:)

kennegansmom
Oct 23 2009, 12:09 AM
same here, not to sound ungrateful but i would want more crops and levels and land before machines

agreed. we keep asking 4 more land & they keep giving us more STUFF instead. where r we supposed to put all this stuff?:rolleyes:

Kerri~Okie
Oct 23 2009, 12:31 AM
HI my name is Kerri. I just want to know, what does this Solar Plower do?
Before I bought it, I was able to plow 4 plots at a time. I spent 60,000 coins
on this Plower thinking it would do something, other than being a lawn ornament. Also the same time I bought this- I also plowed my farm and planted seed- Onions- Pepper's, carrots & Peas. When I logged on today, those crops were missing, & in its place was the plowed field. How do I get the money or Coins back that went out towards that purchase, because I had to turn around and re-plant other stuff.
Thank you for your time & for your responce in advance.
Kerri

kermob1
Oct 23 2009, 01:07 AM
i had bought the big seeder
fuel count is 1138 now
but it must need a mechanic i cannot seem to get it to work except the once

dish
Oct 23 2009, 01:24 AM
I really like the seeder, it was really fast and I got it done in 1/4 time (4 to 1 ratio;)
Some of my fields are not in perfect order, but it does allow you to position it and place for example 2 or 3 fields that are within the quad, and only charges you for what you actually plant. I LOVE IT!
As for the others, may be good for those who don't have a lot of neighbors/friends, but then I could foresee a fuel issue as well. Fortunately, I'm ok on that front.
Thanks again, and looking forward to new crops and levels in the future (even I am getting sick of pineapple;)

dish
Oct 23 2009, 01:29 AM
Don't click on it in your gift box. Go to the marketplace, choose "I want to sell my harvests or gifts", and it should gift you the option there. Hope that helps.

traceystands
Oct 23 2009, 01:35 AM
So all they do is sit there? They don't actually get in the field and move,like they do in that other game? Again, like everyone else, what's the point here? I already have all the functions they do, and I spent all this money and these monsters just SIT THERE. LOL.Ridiculous

I agree. I like the interaction we have with farmtown, but farmville has way cooler stuff - their tractors actually do the work, not the avatar... I hate waiting. and where are the new seeds?? isn't everyone sick and tired of the same old stuff? I thought we were going to have stuff that was "season appropriate"?? this game is kinda lame...

dish
Oct 23 2009, 01:36 AM
Re: not being able to hire to plow after harvest: I've had this issue for a long time, as have others. You just need to click play, come back to your farm, and you'll be able to hire to plow.

Ike8266
Oct 23 2009, 01:49 AM
Re: not being able to hire to plow after harvest: I've had this issue for a long time, as have others. You just need to click play, come back to your farm, and you'll be able to hire to plow.

you should not have to do that. if you have trouble hiring a person after they harvest, ask them to click on the walk icon in the lower tool tray. this usually takes care of the problem.

kermob1
Oct 23 2009, 02:15 AM
i have the large seeder and even with the gas it doesnt seem to want to do the job
tried various times and ways and managed to get it to do the 4 once
havnt tried the solar harvestor yet, hopefully it will work
but i need the mechanic to fix my large seeder

AdrianMG
Oct 23 2009, 04:05 AM
Got myself a Big Seeder, Big Harvester and the Solar Powered Tractor and lovin' them!

Seeder is a boon - I can reseed as fast as anyone can plow now! :D

Lady Sky
Oct 23 2009, 06:21 AM
High there... I have just seen your profile pic, what beautiful Greyhounds. I have a Greyhound called Sky that we adopted from a Greyhound sanctuary, she was there as she didn't perform well on the track...Ollie is a Lurcher, he was found wandering the streets, emaciated, open sores on his body, severe flea infestation, barely able to walk. He is now doing well, but very frightened. Both dogs have bonded well...I hope you don't mind me contacting you...
Regards... Eileen... Lincolnshire

ROLOFF
Oct 23 2009, 07:31 AM
same here, not to sound ungrateful but i would want more crops and levels and land before machines

same here. I just wasted bunches of money on these tools, but then learned only i can use them and will not be making as much if i use them (harvesting) or will be spending more (plowing) plus they are using more of my much needed space on my farm. I sold them for pennies on the dollar, thanks again farm town

MonaPayne
Oct 23 2009, 07:34 AM
:confused:It's great to get a new release. I will be glad when FT is fixed again and I get to buy and use the new equipment. Many people on here have not been able to get FT to load since the upgrade, I am one of them. I dont understand why each time there is an upgrade I have problems of some sort, though usually not to the point that the game wont even load. I have sent several post to forum on this. I have not had a response from anyone from Slashkey. It would be nice to see our problem at least acknowledged and addressed. Is anyone working on the problem? Do Slashkey programers even know of the problem? I would think that this problem would be the first one worked on after the upgrade. :confused:The problem is with both Facebook and Myspace Farm Town.

boobaby
Oct 23 2009, 08:06 AM
on ms ft, my fuel keeps disappearing. i accept the gifts of fuel, refuel, do a little work and when i go back ALL my fuel is gone. even the other gifts of fuel in my gift box that i didnt use yet. on fb, my fuel stays.

becca_4uk@hotmail.co.uk
Oct 23 2009, 08:17 AM
thank you the machines are great just wish i had more land to use them on

vicky50
Oct 23 2009, 08:43 AM
I'm new on the fourms and this isn't about the machines, but does anyone know if this is true? 'Farmtown has reached one million players. To celebrate you must send this message to 10 players and your points will be doubled. Send to a minimum of 30 players and your farm will be enlarged."

Tfilly
Oct 23 2009, 08:50 AM
I agree that we should be able to use the tools on other farms when we are hired to harvest and plow. I hire someone 99% of the time to work on my farm so wouldn't use the tools as much on my own place. We need more land! I'm filthy rich on my farm right now but don't have room to buy much of anything anymore.

SPOTSROCK
Oct 23 2009, 09:06 AM
I'm new on the fourms and this isn't about the machines, but does anyone know if this is true? 'Farmtown has reached one million players. To celebrate you must send this message to 10 players and your points will be doubled. Send to a minimum of 30 players and your farm will be enlarged."

hve a huge feeling this is a rumor...

would be nice tho...

Bobby Jo
Oct 23 2009, 10:28 AM

EVERY email that has ANYTHING to do with money, points, this person will give you this money if you forward this message this many times.. blah blah blah is a hoax. We should know better people.

cute
Oct 23 2009, 11:46 AM
HI my name is Kerri. I just want to know, what does this Solar Plower do?
Before I bought it, I was able to plow 4 plots at a time. I spent 60,000 coins
on this Plower thinking it would do something, other than being a lawn ornament. Also the same time I bought this- I also plowed my farm and planted seed- Onions- Pepper's, carrots & Peas. When I logged on today, those crops were missing, & in its place was the plowed field. How do I get the money or Coins back that went out towards that purchase, because I had to turn around and re-plant other stuff.
Thank you for your time & for your responce in advance.
Kerri

Kerri: Try deleting those spots, you may find your crop underneath!!

kngzkid
Oct 23 2009, 12:02 PM
I bought all three new toys, but am disappointed that you can't use them to harvest or plow on your neighbor's farms. Is it going to be possible at all at some point to do this?
I kind of feel like I wasted money on the harvester and tractor if I can only use them on my farm, as I've always let my neighbors have my work, and vise-versa.

PRT
Oct 23 2009, 12:18 PM
I bought a harvester and promptly sold it once I realized you couldn't use it anywhere but home. I did buy the small seeder - that's useful. Should have read here before I wasted the money on the harvester, but...I did not :( It's only money :)

vicky50
Oct 23 2009, 12:45 PM
EVERY email that has ANYTHING to do with money, points, this person will give you this money if you forward this message this many times.. blah blah blah is a hoax. We should know better people.

You know what? I'm new to this board, I just signed on today. I got the first message this morning. So NO we don't all know better. (that is why I asked) Thank you so much for you kind reply though.

Prada
Oct 23 2009, 01:39 PM
The most ridiculous accessories to make us spend our coins . We needed much more of other things before this garbage. How long did we ask for a fire button, clothes that are nice looking for our avatars , decent animals (the horses looked like puppies ) . but hey we had to have tractors . geeeshhhh.
Plus some neighbours of mine are sending me fuel tank , you can't sell them nor do anything with them if you didn't buy the tractors, obviously my neighbours don't visit my farm .

HLeeV
Oct 23 2009, 01:53 PM
I bought the big seeder and love it!!! Planting one square at a time was the one thing I absolutely hated about the game.

I don't plan on buying the harvesting or plowing equipment since I can plow a 4X4 section, plus I usually hire my harvesting and plowing out anyway, but it's nice to know that my daughter can buy these items. She's not allowed to add people she doesn't know to her FB account, so she probably would never get the required 10 neighbors needed to plow 4X4 area.

And, I don't care for her to go to the MP to hire people to harvest (yes, I know--I'm a big meanie) since we were harassed once by someone that I wouldn't hire to harvest or plow.

So these tools do make it nice for people like me that really don't like adding people they don't know to their FB account, or in my daughters case, adding people I don't know to a kid's account so she can play the game.

HLeeV
Oct 23 2009, 01:56 PM
The most ridiculous accessories to make us spend our coins . We needed much more of other things before this garbage. How long did we ask for a fire button, clothes that are nice looking for our avatars , decent animals (the horses looked like puppies ) . but hey we had to have tractors . geeeshhhh.
Plus some neighbours of mine are sending me fuel tank , you can't sell them nor do anything with them if you didn't buy the tractors, obviously my neighbours don't visit my farm .

What you find ridiculous, others may like. I would rather have these tools than a fire button (would rather see the option hire to harvest trees or hire to harvest crops), or clothes for my avatar. But that is me.

But to each their own. At least this game does add changes even some that at one time or another, all of us are going to think stupid or ridiculous. I play a few apps on MS that haven't had updates in many many months.

MGimm@aol.com
Oct 23 2009, 02:25 PM
I have planted my crop twice, It looks good. I leave and come back and it is mostly gone. Help!!

MissErin
Oct 23 2009, 02:45 PM
Why doesn't the small harvester actually harvest my crops? I'm able to "harvest" the crops and they show up in my storage but I don't get any coins when I try to sell them and when I go back to my farm the crops are there waiting to actually be harvested.

What is going on?! does it have to do with my browser? or is it a huge glitch for everyone?

earlgray
Oct 23 2009, 03:27 PM
Okay, I thought I understood the rules about refueling. You can only refuel once per day, and when you refuel, it replaces any fuel you have remaining rather than adding to it. I accept that. So last night (about 11 pm) I could have refueled, but I had 80 gallons left, so decided to wait until my remaining fuel was gone. This afternoon (about 3 pm) I went to refuel, and it said I had to wait 15 hours, even though I have NOT refueled within the past 24 hours. So, how many hours is the "window" from when you can refuel for the day until that opportunity is gone and you have to wait until the next day? I don't think your rules address this, and it's rather frustrating.

carron55
Oct 23 2009, 03:39 PM
I absolutely love the new machines for our farms! Thanks guys! I have only one complaint :D I had 19 gifted fuel tanks in my gift box. When I refueled ALL my fuel tanks disappeared, not just the one I used to refuel. Am wondering why? Is this a glitch?

ntodd
Oct 23 2009, 03:49 PM
OK guys, still looking for my old ford pick-up truck. make it a red or green one please.

martyhusker
Oct 23 2009, 04:34 PM
I have posted this several times and no response from Farm Town. I thought I had the problem fixed if I stayed on the farm until all the fields were plowed, but this afternoon at 4:27 PM (CDT) I plowed a farm, waited until the Avatar was done completely and had 149,695 exp pts. Went back home, had 149625, reloaded, had 149625, so I plowed 70 fields for nothing. I am using FB. Very frustrating to keep losing points when I am trying to get to level 34. I even saved the changes and still lost points. Someone at FT help!

aujourdhui357
Oct 23 2009, 05:10 PM
I read the info about refueling once a day but i had 6 fuel tanks as gifts and I used 1 and 3 disappeared from my gift box and i didn't even use enough fuel from the first one to deplete the screen fuels. So i guess they disappear randomly?
why hold them in the gift box, do you have to plant 1 day crops and use the fuel tanks quickly or they'll disappear?
also saw that you want to work on neighbors farms first to get more fuel points but will it only count the working you currently did or will it hold the working on neighbors farms points for 4 days while the pumpkins grow?

steve endsley
Oct 23 2009, 05:15 PM
Passed on farm town message and no double points and no farm enlargement. The same as last time when they said that coins would be doubled and weren't!

aujourdhui357
Oct 23 2009, 05:19 PM
how long is a fuel gift good for?

aujourdhui357
Oct 23 2009, 05:20 PM
be sure you click on the green walking man before returning to the machines to change, that wipes clean all previous actions and lets the machine take directions

ReneeMae
Oct 23 2009, 05:25 PM
I think that I appreciate the seeder the most since I hate seeding one at a time. That's where I feel these machines are a great idea. For the Harvester, I understand why we can't use them on other farms (when others hire too many farm hands, someone with a machine would have an advantage and could get greedy). The plow is great for some people who don't have a full house of neighbors to do 4 at a time, but I don't see how it is beneficial otherwise.

jeancreswick@earthlink.ne
Oct 23 2009, 05:59 PM
I logged onto Farm Town yesterday without noticing there was an upgrade. I saw all of my friends were sending me fuel tanks and figured it was like pumpkins and black cats. I denied most, but DID accept three. Today I realized I'd made a mistake. So am I suck with three fuel tanks in my gift box?

cyrene
Oct 23 2009, 06:13 PM
the gifts of fuel not working today. It worked fine last night, but not tonight.

Chiocciman
Oct 23 2009, 06:45 PM
WELL mr chuck.

looks like you are sadly misimformed.
quite obviously these games all came out
(around the same time)
and it takes time to fix these things
WE are helping in the development of the game and how it will turn out in the end
our suggestions and ideas are being thought about and put into a game that lots of people love
takes time to do this kind of stuff
but since your so high and mighty on your horse why don't YOU make a game with your ever so significant knowledge and see how long it take you to pull your game outta BETA
No i am not saying that all these games were derived with the fact that they'd ever get out of BETA version
and yes some were mass produced for volume and not quality (ie zynga games. more specifically the roller coaster game)
but i believe that farm town is not one of them

Thanks so much for your splendid opinion,
Farmtown supporter

Brittany,
There seems to be two camps here, those who love to support the Beta program with blind loyalty and those who actually get frustrated at network glitches month after month after month. I hired people last week from the forum and two of them had to refresh and log back in twice to be seen. I click on people and can't hire, and harvest crops to have them reappear after a refresh. I know it's beta but it just does not work reliably...EVER. I love this game, but I can't take it any more. The developers really do NOT listen to us. I have never had one suggestion considered and I have had some solid constructive advise to share. Slam away if you want to, but open your eyes as well.

I apologize to all for my frustration, but this IS just a game, and it's just not fun anymore. It should be no surprise that Farmvill is the number one game on Facebook. The developers here have clearly stopped listening to the users. Goodbye to all my great Farmtown friends!!!

Chuck

ibangtin
Oct 23 2009, 06:55 PM
i have gas . . . the money. . . the seeder. . . i click the seeder choose plant seeds. . choose seeds . . and it plants one at a time. . . not sure whats up. . do i have to be a certin level?

DottieAnne
Oct 23 2009, 07:33 PM
I am a face book user. It was my understanding that when you refuel 1 of your fuel tanks would dissappear with each refuel. I had 4, when I refueled all 4 dissappeared. Maybe I misunderstood. Please answer.

Miss Reevy
Oct 23 2009, 07:58 PM
could someone please tell me if my fuel tank that shows under my FT coins is the only one I need? I had 7 in my gift box that friends had given me as gifts and now they have all disapeared??? Where can we store these fuel cans??

medwards30
Oct 23 2009, 09:18 PM
I bought all of the tools as soon as I saw they were available. Haven't used them yet, don't even care if they do or dont work. They look cool and were inexpensive.

Thanks for the new features and keep them coming! I have faith in the theory of more land and I believe it will come in time.

Some of you people are funny. You seem to think that all it takes is a wave of a magic wand or something to make changes to this game. It takes time, building, testing, correcting, improving, implementing and distributing of these changes. Some of them require a huge overhaul in the whole game or even getting most of the way through a project and find it is not gonna work so to go back and restart again just to satisfy a bunch of whining people who are playing a free game. You ask for something, in time the devs have been accomidating, and you still complain about it. "ALL our hard work!" Are you serious? you are clicking a button on your mouse! Sit back, relax, enjoy your FREE game for what it offers, be happy with whatever the devs improve on AGAIN FOR FREE. There are plenty of other FREE games availabe on Facebook to pass your time if you are exhausted with Farmtown. Harvest your fields, leave your farm as is and take a break. Come back in a few weeks and check to see if there are improvements that will satisfy you. If not....continue your break. Very Simple
Thank You, I agree with you.

len fm Denver
Oct 23 2009, 09:56 PM
Bought the new seeder and harvester - mainly because I don't have anything else to spend the coins on. A lot of my neghbors are level 34's and are becoming inactive because there is no where else to go.

I wouldn't be suprised if that is where most of the inactive farms come from.

Right now I have 6 mansions, 5.12 million coins and 213,00 XP's. It would be nice to know if additional farms or even more land is even in the works. If not I will quit wasting my time accumulating coins and XP's and move on to something else.

farmerwifesusan's
Oct 23 2009, 10:01 PM
Probably did it cuz Farmville has all the machines and they figured that they had to have them... only thing is in Farmville you have to do all your own work!! I think however we should keep an open mind.. we must remember this is is Beta version still.

Susan

phamton
Oct 23 2009, 10:56 PM
could someone please tell me if my fuel tank that shows under my FT coins is the only one I need? I had 7 in my gift box that friends had given me as gifts and now they have all disapeared??? Where can we store these fuel cans??

When you click on "use" for one fuel cans, it uses all of the fuel cans in your gift box. It gives a list of all of the fuel accumulated, and so for your refuel, it would say: Gifts...7 = 700 gallons. So your gifts are now part of the total. You can't save your gifts or store them unless you just leave them on facebook without accepting them. But I don't see why you would care. You don't lose that gas from those gifts. What you don't use today, then you can use tomorrow. The only time you will lose gas is when you choose to refuel again. So just use every drop before you refuel next time.

Lilly Olay
Oct 24 2009, 03:19 AM
My question is if you have 5 fuel as gifts. you fill up with one. There should be 4 left right? Then you use them at a later time? All 4 of mine disappeared when i filled up.

RobH142
Oct 24 2009, 05:03 AM
My question is if you have 5 fuel as gifts. you fill up with one. There should be 4 left right? Then you use them at a later time? All 4 of mine disappeared when i filled up.

What actually happens is that the 100 gallons in a fuel tank is automatically added to your total shown on the fuel pump in the fuel station as soon as you accept the gift of a fuel tank on your Facebook home page.
The tank is put in your gift store just so you can see what you've been given.
Next time you refuel they disappear from gift store.

paintdr1
Oct 24 2009, 07:38 AM
LILLY....when you refuel, all your fuel tanks in your gifts are added to your total when you refuel....hope that helps....seems you can refuel about every 12 hrs cuz I can

SSG_Possum
Oct 24 2009, 09:49 AM
I bought the 3 big toys and luckily have a nice driveway for them. What I dont understand is why can I only use the new tools on my farm? Your basically encouraging those of us with the new toys to do our own farms now right?

If you aren't going to do your 'own' plowing/seeding/harvesting, then what would be the need for the 'big' tools?:confused: Those you hire to harvest/plow are 'migrant workers', if you will. Would you want a 'migrant' using your 'new' equipment?:confused: Then too, why would you want the 'extra' bucks (coins) you now get when someone else harvests/plows your farm when you do it yourself using your 'new' toys (tools)? It doesn't work that way in REAL life -- getting money/coins and/or XPs when hiring someone to 'work' your farm (in REAL life, YOU PAY for that work to be done - your only 'payment' is NOT having to do it yourself), so why should it work that way in a game? GREED being the motive, perhaps?:confused::rolleyes:

Granted, it would be nice that -- if 'you' own this equipment that you could use it when hired to harvest/plow someone else's farm - to speed things up.:) This 'option' would be a huge undertaking in 'programming' FarmTown for this to work without any (or too many) problems.

Those of us that don't know the 'problems' associated with designing and writing a computer program need to 'back off' of those doing this job. I'm sure they're doing the best they can to 'please' everyone.:cool: It just takes time and patience...something people seem to NOT have any more after becomng accustomed to the 'machines' (computers) doing it (all) for them.:eek:

Personally, I prefer to do my own farming -- it's a 'release' for me in getting away from the REAL world stress, and I enjoy doing it that way -- otherwise, what would be the sense of even 'plalying' the game? Aren't games designed/intended for YOU to 'work' towards your OWN 'new' Personal Best (high score)?:confused::rolleyes:

Just my opinion/thougts on this topic.

magsx1
Oct 24 2009, 10:22 AM
How do i get the large seeder i bought to plant the seeds, I click on it, it opens the store i select the seed then----NOTHING! what am i doing wrong?

staitlee
Oct 24 2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the new tools yall. I bought a big spreader and love it. But that is the only one i need to buy if we can't use them on other farms. What is the purpose of buying them?? Most everyone hires to do the rest of the work...Have a good weekend
Stait

Vic The Hick
Oct 24 2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks FT makers!! I love that we get the new equipment!! I think it's kinda flaky that the tractors don't even pretend to do the work though, just to letcha know.
I LOVE the way you do the fuel. I also play FV, and you have to actually pay cash for fuel, and it's expensive, so my tractors are sitting there and I'm back to doing it manually.
This is great! I am gifting everyone fuel and getting more neighbors.
I also am doing my own harvesting, even though it pays less than hiring someone. I had so much trouble hiring people in the marketplace, because they kept harvesting my trees when they said they wouldn't!! It was too frustrating, so this is great.
I LOVE FT and appreciate all you guys do for us. It is a free game after all, hard to complain :)

gma Aletta
Oct 24 2009, 11:47 AM
THE NEW FARM TOOLS

Where are the new tools?
The tools are all found under the Tools tab on the store page.

How do I get the new tools?
The tools are all available for purchase with farm coins.

What do the tools do?
All tools work for you on your own farm. They cannot be used by hired help.

Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered: Gas free plowing tool that allows to plow up to 4 fields at a time - no matter how many neighbors you have!
Small Harvester: Harvesting tool that allows you to harvest up to 2 crops at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
Big Harvester: Harvesting tool that allows you to harvest up to 4 crops at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
Small Seeder: Seeding tool that allows you to seed up to 2 fields at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
Big Seeder: Seeding tool that allows you to seed up to 4 fields at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.

How do I get fuel?
Click on the map then click on fuel station or click on the fuel can under your coins and farm cash displays. You earn fuel in the following ways:

Your Game Level: Your level X10
Neighbours: Number of neighbors you have X10 also.
Friends helped: Number of friends that helped you that day X10
Active Neighbours: Number of neighbors you have that were active that day X10
Fuel From Friend: Gift of fuel tank

Once you accept a fuel can as a gift from your facebook/myspace page, it will appear in your gift box AND you will see credit for it under the tank (pictured below). Clicking on it from your gift box will not take it out of the gift box, but will bring you to your "gas stattion/tank" to show you how much fuel you have available for your next refueling. The gas can will remain in your gift box until the next time you refuel. When you refuel the credit will transfer from your "gas station/tank" up to the fuel counter under your farmtown cash and the fuel can will disappear from your gift box.

When you click on the fuel station on the map, the fuel icon in the top left corner of your screen, or a fuel can in your gift box, you will be shown how much fuel you have earned and available for the day. You have to click on the refuel button to fuel your machinery. You can only refuel when it tells you that you can and any fuel already showing in the upper left corner of your screen will be lost. The total from your fueling station/tank will replace (not add to) the amount of fuel you have to use.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l217/molly58/FTfuel.jpg

Various comments

Once you purchase the Tractor, your plowing tool gains the X4 option, without the need for neighbors.
Once you purchase the Harvesters, your harvesting tool gains the X2 and/or X4 options (depending which one you bought). If you have only the Big Harvester, you cannot use the X2 harvest option.
Once you purchase the Seeders, you need to click on them to open a special store to select the seeds. Using the regular store will trigger the X1 regular seeding tool.
All tools rotate.
Charges for plowing using the equipment are the same as if you were plowing yourself without the equipment. You do not save the money per plot that you save when you hire someone else.
The amount you get for each crop when using the equipment is the same as if you harvested it yourself without the equipment. You do not get the extra money per crop that you get when you hire someone to harvest for you.
If you have your fields plowed up against each other with no space between them, you must have your preferences set so that there is a check mark next to "Remove Spaces Between Fields" before selecting the seeder or harvester.
If you have your fields plowed with space between them, you must have your preferences set so that there is NO check mark next to "Remove Spaces Between Fields" before selecting the seeder or harvester.

Prices and other info
Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered: Cost 60,000 coins Give 601 XP Sell for 1800 coins
Small Harvester: Cost 15,000 coins Give 153 XP Sell for 450 coins
Big Harvester: Cost 30,000 coins Give 302 XP Sell for 900 coins
Small Seeder: Cost 20,000 coins Give 203 XP Sell for 600 coins
Big Seeder: Cost 40,000 coins Give 402 XP Sell for 1200 coins

There are questions regarding the exact meaning of "Friends Helped", we will be contacting the developers to get the final answer and will post that answer here in this thread.

We will also be reporting the fact that some of you are receiving a message that you do not have fuel even after you have gone to the fuel station and fueled up.

Some of you have reported that you are not able to use the fuel you have been given as gifts. We will be reporting that along with the items above.

**Please note that losing fuel you already had showing when you refuel, is NOT a glitch. Refueling REPLACES the amount of fuel you have for use in the upper left corner with the amount showing available in your fuel station. It does NOT add the two together.

thanks was wondering how many gallons and how you figured them.... Now when you gonna opened the locked FRUIT TREES???? COME ON LEVEL 34 I SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUY THEM BY NOW!! PLZZZZZZZZZ..

fdavid
Oct 24 2009, 12:22 PM
Personally I come from a farm background, whenever I worked for someone on their farm, they had me use their equipment. Wouldn't it make sense for the game to be like real farming in that respect? Otherwise whats the point other than to copy farmville? Ohhh look we got tractors and combines!!

Farmer_JD
Oct 24 2009, 12:43 PM
Personally I come from a farm background, whenever I worked for someone on their farm, they had me use their equipment. Wouldn't it make sense for the game to be like real farming in that respect? Otherwise whats the point other than to copy farmville? Ohhh look we got tractors and combines!!

Dont forget we are the testers for this game. Applying the new 'tools' and fuel is quite a big change to the game with every other update it has caused problems or 'bugs', no doubt this will. So applying the ability for other people to use our tools could cause even more problems..
Plus there would be the issue with users saying ' I can only hire one person to harvest on my farm because i can only afford one harvester' and so on...!

i have faith that this will be a addition to farm town :D they might even move round our farms if were lucky!!! :rolleyes:

Jelc124
Oct 24 2009, 01:35 PM

Same here as well I would really want more crops and Farm Sizes.

lrihde
Oct 24 2009, 03:19 PM
What is the good of having these machines if I can't fuel them up as i need them. I have neighbors, have helped friends, have 3-4 fuel cans in my gifts at a time and I still can't fuel up. When I try to fuel is says I have to wait 24 hours. Has said this for the last 24 hours. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVELESS
Oct 24 2009, 04:52 PM
That was all someone else who started those messages. They posted in the forum, that those messages were false. You have to keep up on your reading to know what is going on. Lol you didn't buy that new coin machine that makes coins ? Are you catching the drift here?
Good luck on your farm.

Miakoda
Oct 24 2009, 05:33 PM
I have no intentions of buying the new equipment - I prefer the interactions with my friends. The problem is --- I accepted fuel tanks as a gift --- thought I could sell them. Nope!!! can't put them on your farm to sell them. They are now stuck in my gift box. How the heck do I get rid of them????

jennies3
Oct 24 2009, 06:19 PM

same here - i would rather hire people to work at my farm. I would greatly appreciate a larger variety of same day crops and REALLY want more land!!! I have become bored with the game as there are no more levels for me and i have run out of room on my farm to put anything else unless i take out all my crops.

mayeli
Oct 24 2009, 06:27 PM
no sirve porque no las puedo utilizar en otra granja cuando me contratan ya sea para cosechar uo arar. Don't work because i cant use the machines When i do work in other farm . What advance. Only can waste my coins without benefits, because in my farm I'm contrating people to harvest or to plow then when i can use my machines?

ceejstanek
Oct 24 2009, 06:49 PM
haven't been able to load my farm for over a month now. it gets as far as "loading plum tree 84%" and then just stalls. I am linked and have posted this problem before to no avail.

RobH142
Oct 24 2009, 07:01 PM
I have no intentions of buying the new equipment - I prefer the interactions with my friends. The problem is --- I accepted fuel tanks as a gift --- thought I could sell them. Nope!!! can't put them on your farm to sell them. They are now stuck in my gift box. How the heck do I get rid of them????

Hi
You can sell the fuel tanks in the market - just like any other gifts - go to market - when asked click 'want to sell harvest or gifts' - click on 'gifts' tab and you can sell any gifts you want to - you get 15 coins for each fuel can.

Dulcinea
Oct 24 2009, 07:26 PM
Thank you so much for the recent changes. I prefer not to hire people to work on my farm but rather to do all the work myself. Being able to pick my harvesting preference just once and now the addition of large farming equipment have made playing so much easier and FarmTown so much more enjoyable for me. I've actually started playing regularly again after almost giving up on it. Thank you! :D

Daphco
Oct 24 2009, 07:51 PM
Since this morning, when I go to the fuel station, It tells me I can refuel in 23 hours and 10 minutes. This has not changed all day. Up until this morning I was able to refuel about every 12 hours.

swagman55
Oct 24 2009, 08:04 PM
ok so u added new machinery but all u are doing is taking are money if we use the harvester first we buy it then we have to pay to full it then if we use it we lose 28 cents on each crop we pick this is quoted on cabbages so by using your new machine i am well out of pocket ok it only a game but come on we try to make it as real as poser bull.So now can we have a lawyer we can go to to sue for loss of wages or a union lol

Jim Cullen
Oct 24 2009, 08:50 PM
I must say that I like the new equipment. Tonight I hired someone to harvest and then someone to plow and used the seeder to plant myself- very nice. The other night I found only beggers and not-so-nice people in the market place so I did it all myself. I like the option of being able to do it either way.

Miss Reevy
Oct 24 2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Jim Cullen
I also prefer to hire other farmers to harvest and plow, dont know why I bought the harvester and plow because all I am using is the seeder.

Jim Cullen
Oct 24 2009, 08:59 PM
Miss Candy, You probably bought them for the same reason I did - they look cool and belong on a farm!

PsD
Oct 24 2009, 09:24 PM
thanks, i love the new seeder

ronzo54
Oct 24 2009, 10:17 PM
Are there plans to make the machines usable on other people's farms?
Sure hope so.It makes little sense to have a harvester or a tractor if you hire out your work to neighbors or other farmers from the marketplace.

gma Aletta
Oct 25 2009, 12:14 AM
I love all the upgrades lately... even though we can't use the new tools on other farms they are still fun to have... thank you to all who have created Farmtown

i think if that could happen the only place you should be allowed to use the tools you got are on another farm with the same tools avaliable .. and i would think since its cheaper for us to hire our neighbors than to go to the market to hire ,, why cant our neighbors use the machines we bought ? other wise they mainly for looks? except the seeder thanks allot !! me i want those Trees you got locked up unlocked plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for the hum thing time!!

ms.cougar
Oct 25 2009, 12:26 AM
whats the purpose of having the harvester and plowers when we have people who needs jobs to get ahead? sure I understand the seeder cause can't do that but Im going with the people. thanks for the upgrades....

jodi spp
Oct 25 2009, 12:32 AM
Hi,

We just released a new version of FarmTown. (As usual, you will get the new version when going to FarmTown the next time).

The new release contains support for 5 different tools:

1. Small Harvester - Harvest 2 fields at a time
2. Small Seeder - Plant seeds on 2 fields at a time
3. Big Harvester - Harvest 4 fields at a time
4. Big Seeder - Plant seeds on 4 fields at a time
5. Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered - Plow 4 fields at a time

All the tools works in a similar way, you just need to click on the tool and select the first option which could be Harvest, Plant Seeds or Plow depending on the tool. Alternatively, some of the tools can also be activated by clicking on the appropiate icon on the main tool window at the bottom of the screen.

The Plowing Tractor doesn't require fuel to operate so you can use it as much as you want without any limitations. The others require fuel to operate, these are the rules for the fuel:

1. To get fuel you need to go to the fuel station by clicking on the red fuel tank on the top-left of the screen or on the map icon
2. You can refuel once per day
3. The amout of fuel gallons you receive each day depends on these factors:

10 Gallons for each level you have accomplished
10 Gallons for each neighbour you have
10 Gallons for each friend you help each day
10 Gallons for each active neighbour in the last 24h
100 Gallons for each fuel tank you receive from your friends

If you are having trouble, remember to link your account.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: We have an established thread in the help and support section where we will attempt to answer any questions that you have about these new features. http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238278 Mods will not be answering questions posted in this thread from the developers.

I purchased the 5. Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered - Plow 4 fields at a time.. It does NOT work for me. It will only let me do ONE square at a time. Same w/doing it by hand..

EmeraldFox
Oct 25 2009, 12:39 AM
whats the purpose of having the harvester and plowers when we have people who needs jobs to get ahead? sure I understand the seeder cause can't do that but Im going with the people. thanks for the upgrades....

I agree, the simple solution would be for FT to give those of us who have purchased the equipment a "Market" hiring option", i.e. the ability for us to hire 1 person to harvest and 1 person to plow using our equipment.

jodi spp
Oct 25 2009, 12:49 AM
Well.went to use the harvester for the first time & it only does ONE square at a time??
I can't use the plower since it only does one square also..WHY did I waste all this $$$??

austinsnanna
Oct 25 2009, 05:12 AM
I do get more money when my neighbors harvest my farm... I have tried it both ways with the same item beening harvested. Sorry it dont work for some..

austinsnanna
Oct 25 2009, 05:14 AM
Use the big harvester and you can do 4 squares at one time and the avy even moves faster useing it. Make sure you have the 4 squares high lighted then click. I use it all the time now.

pigletboy
Oct 25 2009, 08:15 AM
Since the upgrade I keep losing ploughing points both when I plough on someone else's farm & when someone ploughs mine. It looks as if everything is ok. I click on Save repeatedly & it says it has saved changes. But when I return to my farm later all my XP have been lost. Very very frustrating - putting me off playing this game any more.

turtle1320
Oct 25 2009, 10:46 AM
Why can't I refuel when I need to instead of being delayed by the game?
I have the harvester and I have fuel from neighbors and still I have to wait, why?

T I N A
Oct 25 2009, 11:06 AM
The tools really don't help me much either as I have a "creative" farm and am more into the artistic part of it :) I bought them but am not using them...I really do hope they come out with more levels soon as I've been stuck on 34 for months and months now and I need a bigger farm or more levels or something that will be more of a challenge than farm equipment!

dkindrat
Oct 25 2009, 11:33 AM
I completely agree that the power harvester and plower should not be allowed for use on farms other than one's own. I enjoy helping on other's farms because I find it relaxing, and I enjoy seeing the creativity of the farm layouts. When I encounter a co-hire on someone's farm who finds it amusing or challenging to bogart the crops or plowing, it is usually under the circumstances of a farm owner who has over-hired. I suppose we could compare the bonehead farmer who bogarts crops to the bonehead driver who cuts you off! Should the fun new farming equipment ever be allowed for use on other's farms, I think this unfortunate lack of farm etiquette will only get worse.

Happy Farming :-)

KathyK
Oct 25 2009, 11:34 AM
I agree completely with Tina. I think Farm Town is trying to become FarmVille. We don't need big pieces of machinery. We need more land, more levels, different crops, and more choices of houses. Most of my friends are, like me, level 34 and have just quit farming. What's the point? I hate to see FT go the way of FV, which pales in comparison. I do love the new way of harvesting and the yellow highlighting. Those are really helpful!

docmon
Oct 25 2009, 11:48 AM
I also don't see the point. If I'm not going to save the money I would if I hire a harvester, why would I go back to doing my own harvesting?

dmog
Oct 25 2009, 12:19 PM
I'm on board with her! My feelings exactly. Hate the additoin of farming tools. It also makes getting hired in the marketplace so much harder. What was Slashkey thinking??????

mslinard
Oct 25 2009, 12:23 PM
I love that they added the tools...my only complaint is that it is still take a long time to harvest, plow and seed because of having to wait on the avatar. I think when you use the tools it should be like in farmville and the avatar should not be involved and it would go alot faster. Otherwise thanks for all of the upgrades! Love the game!!

Ethyl
Oct 25 2009, 12:30 PM
I cannot seem to select my seeder or plower for use, or even to move it, for that matter.

Thanks

swingmachine
Oct 25 2009, 01:02 PM
Big & little seeder problems solved, Look at answer below.

Once you purchase the Tractor, your plowing tool gains the X4 option, without the need for neighbors.
Once you purchase the Harvesters, your harvesting tool gains the X2 and/or X4 options (depending which one you bought). If you have only the Big Harvester, you cannot use the X2 harvest option.
Once you purchase the Seeders, you need to click on them to open a special store to select the seeds. Using the regular store will trigger the X1 regular seeding tool.
All tools rotate.
Charges for plowing using the equipment are the same as if you were plowing yourself without the equipment. You do not save the money per plot that you save when you hire someone else.
The amount you get for each crop when using the equipment is the same as if you harvested it yourself without the equipment. You do not get the extra money per crop that you get when you hire someone to harvest for you.
If you have your fields plowed up against each other with no space between them, you must have your preferences set so that there is a check mark next to "Remove Spaces Between Fields" before selecting the seeder or harvester.
If you have your fields plowed with space between them, you must have your preferences set so that there is NO check mark next to "Remove Spaces Between Fields" before selecting the seeder or harvester.

SparkyTX
Oct 25 2009, 01:26 PM
My two cents here - will probably buy a seeder, once I have more land to put it on!. Won't buy the others because I love having my friends come and H&P and I go to their farms to do the same for them. We can chat a little while we work, and we all like that social interatction. It is what is missing at FV. I have made some wonderful friends just by working on each other's farms, so I don't want a machine to replace that aspect.

Seeding, yes, that is boring and isn't an interactive thing. If the other tools are fixed so we can us others or use ours on other farms, and still have the chat ability, then I will consider buying them, again, if I have a larger farm and room for them. But, at this point, I can't really add anything else, my farm is overpacked now.

I agree with those who saw that, while the new tools look cool, and some will like them immensely, what the majority has been begging for is more land. So, FT, please don't be like other games and ignore your players. Please give us the one thing we seem to want most, larger farms, and then come up with all this fun creative stuff, ok?

AnnieH2009
Oct 25 2009, 03:00 PM
I don't know if like this new version. It makes it so people are now required to buy something really
expensive to use the 4x plow when all it took before was getting to another level. It was (it seemed)
the game developers response to a wish that farmers had for plowing faster when doing their own
farms. And that was really nice of them. Now we don't get to. That doesn't seem very nice at all.
we have no options though. Also now there is no motivation to use workers because you get no extra
money for hiring them. I think this is counter intuitive to the aspect of a social aspect to playing FarmTown. In effect it causes isolation of farmers from being social because they have no benefit for
doing so. It is complicated now and cold in that using neighbors or buddies has no value except to
give you more fuel for your big expensive toys. Thus reducing hiring friends and neighbors to no social value as an intrinsic part of playing Farm Town. This is a huge part of why I play. This is now
an entirely new game and I am sad and don't like it. Anybody listening out there? :(

I don't think it was a deliberate anti-social act on the part of the developers. My farm caused total lag of everyone visiting it after I bought nearly all the flags available for the countries. It seems the animation of the avatar, flags, animals and other folks on the farms cause everyone to come to a screaming halt. That is especially true if one of the parties is running some other big memory hog app like Cafe World, Wars, etc. at the same time. Even the latest and greatest processors on the PCs are having trouble handling it! So this is Farm Town's solution I assume so that I can still go to my farm and don't have to give it up and for that I am thankful.

avphilippi
Oct 25 2009, 04:44 PM
What is the purpose of having the new equipment if when you use it your harvest is small not the large (when hiring people to harvest for you). I bought all the equipment and now the only thing i Use is the seeder the rest are lawn ornaments.

Buddy1998
Oct 25 2009, 04:49 PM
I'd like to know why every time I refuel, it takes 2 of my fuel tanks. I have plenty of neighbors and an approaching level 33.

wdowns
Oct 25 2009, 04:52 PM
So excited BUT.. bought the big seeder..went to the fuel station and it says I have 750 g. but it dont transfer it to the little icon on my screen..it still shows 0 so it will not let me use the seeder...says i am out of fuel....

Did you click refuel?

♪Jeanne♪
Oct 25 2009, 04:54 PM
Since you added the new tools I can not hire to plow on my farm on FB. I have 12 nieghbors and was hiring before the upgrades. I can hire harvesters but not to plow. It tells me I can only hire on harvest or withered fields.

If someone hasn't already answered this: you might have to go elsewhere for a while. I have had to go to another farm or the market place or wherever to be able to hire my harvester to plow. I have had to do this for a while now. If I pop over to another farm, the hire-to-plow option works.

darsys
Oct 25 2009, 05:11 PM
If someone hasn't already answered this: you might have to go elsewhere for a while. I have had to go to another farm or the market place or wherever to be able to hire my harvester to plow. I have had to do this for a while now. If I pop over to another farm, the hire-to-plow option works.
Same problem with me and I use the same fix.

I do wish there was a storage option as someone else mentioned. I mean, I'd love to take all the Halloween stuff off my farm and save it for next year. Otherwise I have to sell it.

I like the seeder machine. I won't use the harvester or plower because (unless I've got one or two squares to clean) I'd rather let my friends do the work to give them the coins and or XP.

soybeans
Oct 25 2009, 05:27 PM

I have a neighbour that is level 18 without building etc. He is not currently playing. I find that going this his farm and returning is much faster than Play or Refresh (F5) in Internet Explorer

jessie mc
Oct 25 2009, 06:24 PM
ok..so tell me what im supposed to do with 10 feuling stations..hmm??

nursegeek
Oct 25 2009, 08:19 PM
First, thanks for the hard work and upgrades to Farm Town. I love this game, and look forward to the new items/features you add.

I immediately bought the new farm equipment mostly to get the XP points as I am trying to advance through the last couple of levels. Although I liked the 'old fashioned' aspects of Farm Town I decided to give these a try. I am finding that in some ways they actually slow me down. I am finding my farm 'hangs' more when I use these. For example I can seed about two rows (8 plots of 4 at a time) with the seeder, then it gives me a problem lining up for the next one. If I get it lined up and click it tells me "I am busy" and I have to wait for the previous plots to finish before I continue. I have found this to some degree with all of the implements I purchased. Over all I can see it being a great addition for those who want a more modern farm. I bought them knowing I might just sell them back and go back to 'farming by hand'.

Thanks,
Joules

Ann Winters
Oct 25 2009, 08:29 PM
Jessie mc--Are you saying you actually have 19 red fuel pump stations at the top of your screen, or 19 red fuel cans in your gift box?

Ann Winters
Oct 25 2009, 08:35 PM
First, thanks for the hard work and upgrades to Farm Town. I love this game, and look forward to the new items/features you add.

I immediately bought the new farm equipment mostly to get the XP points as I am trying to advance through the last couple of levels. Although I liked the 'old fashioned' aspects of Farm Town I decided to give these a try. I am finding that in some ways they actually slow me down. I am finding my farm 'hangs' more when I use these. For example I can seed about two rows (8 plots of 4 at a time) with the seeder, then it gives me a problem lining up for the next one. If I get it lined up and click it tells me "I am busy" and I have to wait for the previous plots to finish before I continue. I have found this to some degree with all of the implements I purchased. Over all I can see it being a great addition for those who want a more modern farm. I bought them knowing I might just sell them back and go back to 'farming by hand'.

Thanks,
Joules

You might find an answer faster if you post on the "help and support" thread.

mickeyblue
Oct 25 2009, 08:38 PM
well said.if you don't like it or don't need it then don't buy it.as simple as that.

For the look or for use when you don't have enough time to stick around and make sure someone else finishes...Or don't buy them :P

Come on, people. It's a free app, and one that is maintained and updated regularly, loved and used by many people...So many people asked for these tools, but they didn't have to give them to us - yet they did. They're not going to be loved by everyone, so if it's not for you, just don't use them.

I, for one, love to see things happening to the game. It's exciting! Any changes you guys are willing to spend time on I appreciate, whether or not it's something I'm going to use personally.

One thing that would be nice, for the machines that seed (or whatever) 2 crops at a time, and for the feature that allows you to plow 2 at a time, it would be nice to be able to do two in either direction, not just left to right. If that doesn't happen, I'll live :) but I'd love you guys so much if that was available!

mickeyblue
Oct 25 2009, 09:13 PM
check your preferences (the wrench icon).follow avatar while walking should be uncheck.

Loralyn
Oct 25 2009, 09:16 PM
**Please note that losing fuel you already had showing when you refuel, is NOT a glitch. Refueling REPLACES the amount of fuel you have for use in the upper left corner with the amount showing available in your fuel station. It does NOT add the two together.

You say this isn't a glitch. If the fuel amount you have left is not enough to do even one plot, then refueling should indeed ADD to, not delete, the amount you have left.

This issue is the same as if you're planting and run out of coins. Say you're planting cabbage and have 8 coins left. You get the message "you don't have enough coins to plant." Your option at that point is to try to earn more. When you do earn more, does it wipe out the 8 coins you had left?? No. Coins are ADDED to the existing ones.

If you don't want to call it a glitch, fine. Call it what it is, an error in planning, and fix it so it's not unnecessarily wiping out fuel.

mickeyblue
Oct 25 2009, 09:16 PM
check your preferences (the wrench icon).follow avatar while walking should be uncheck.

I love that they added the tools...my only complaint is that it is still take a long time to harvest, plow and seed because of having to wait on the avatar. I think when you use the tools it should be like in farmville and the avatar should not be involved and it would go alot faster. Otherwise thanks for all of the upgrades! Love the game!!

mickeyblue
Oct 25 2009, 09:38 PM
Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.so there's no way that there will be fuel left not enough to do 1 field.you must consume all your fuel before refueling.

You say this isn't a glitch. If the fuel amount you have left is not enough to do even one plot, then refueling should indeed ADD to, not delete, the amount you have left.

This issue is the same as if you're planting and run out of coins. Say you're planting cabbage and have 8 coins left. You get the message "you don't have enough coins to plant." Your option at that point is to try to earn more. When you do earn more, does it wipe out the 8 coins you had left?? No. Coins are ADDED to the existing ones.

If you don't want to call it a glitch, fine. Call it what it is, an error in planning, and fix it so it's not unnecessarily wiping out fuel.

farmerokiegirl
Oct 25 2009, 10:13 PM

My thoughts exactly. I'd also like to have someplace to store the things I own - some of the other games allow that and it's great - just move them out of the way. I hate having to sell everything - not only does it feel wasteful, it's insanely time consuming!

More land, more land, more land!!!!

UserPat
Oct 25 2009, 10:34 PM
Absolutely love the new tools. Anything new that comes along is appreciated for the time and effort it takes to develop it. It's too bad that some folks don't understand the process in developing an intricate game like this and don't appreciate what has been done. I for one say "Great Job" to the folks doing all the work while we just play!! If they are not happy with the game, there are lots of others out there that may suit them better...just let us Farmers keep farming and having our fun.

QingLong
Oct 25 2009, 11:01 PM
My thoughts exactly. I'd also like to have someplace to store the things I own - some of the other games allow that and it's great - just move them out of the way. I hate having to sell everything - not only does it feel wasteful, it's insanely time consuming!

More land, more land, more land!!!!

I agree you, farmerokiegirl. My farm is a work in progress and it would wonderful to have a storage are for all the items that need to be moved when I make a major change. The harvester and plower aren't on my list to be purchased but I do have the big planter and it does help get the planting done faster, thus leaving me more time to play with my flowers (too bad we can't mass produce and sell the flowers). ;) Space is tight enough on my farm that if I have to move a building I have to bulldoze fields to have a place to park it.

To repeat: More land, more land, more land!!!!

JanMac57
Oct 25 2009, 11:05 PM
Ever since the new upgrade with the harvester and tools I'm having a very annoying problem - everyone i hire to come to my farm becomes invisible. The come in and (sometimes) I can see them and I can see the harvest happening. We go to chat but there are no names in the chatbox and they can't see me. Then if i go to hire them to plow, they become invisible. I've had to work around this by having them send me a message and going to their farms to hire them. The last one was plowing away and noticed she wasn't getting coin or XP and I couldn't even see any plowing - even after reload! Finally I told her to stop. No point in her doing something for nothing. Please fix this!!!

JanMac57
Oct 26 2009, 12:18 AM
PS What's with this silent timed out message? At least before we had warning! Now I'm harvesting or plowing away and I've timed out and don't even know it! That one really ticks me off. I don't get my coin or XP and most often the farmer has to re-do what I thought I did. I bet this is the reason people suddenly don't get their coin and XP or it's been taken away but they don't realize they've timed out. This one REALLY needs to be fixed.

wrigglo
Oct 26 2009, 05:05 AM
like the new updates but why have the tress been locked that i could previously buy and i still can't buy red crocus as that is still locked even though i am on the last level

Dixiebyte
Oct 26 2009, 08:22 AM
I bought the new farm equipment and really like the seeder but have one BIG problem with the equipment addition. If we start harvesting and plowing our fields with these machines we are NOT hiring out. Aside from making us money to hire, we are now severely cutting the opportunities for members to earn the XP's thru harvesting and plowing. It just doesn't seem "right" to me in a game where everything we have comes from working for others. Now we are isolating ourselves (alas, like FarmVille) and we lose the interaction. My harvester is now parked in the north 40 and the plower is only used when I am rearranging fields, etc.

By the by, is there any possibility that we might soon see the development of storage sheds? Whenever I make changes to my farm it is necessary to sell (for next to nothing) instead of being able to store the "stuff" for future use. OK, I know if we sell/delete it we may just have to buy more later. Wonder why?

robwht
Oct 26 2009, 08:31 AM
First of all-- I love FarmTown!!
But I don't really understand the benefit of the tools. We already had the ability to plow four plots at once. The harvest tool is kind of cool but does not speed up the process. I do love machines, though! The best upgrade you gave us wast the ability to plow/harvest/plant without waiting on the cute little avatar to catch up.

swosoba
Oct 26 2009, 08:37 AM
I agree with most on the new tools - the big seeder is the only one that is worth anything. You should be able to allow workers to use the equipment or at the least neighbor's should be able to use them for harvesting and plowing. There should be more levels - more land - more seeds and less stuff that take the FT $$'s. Quite frankly it's getting to be a little boring - you can only remodel your farm so much!

Debbie Newman
Oct 26 2009, 08:51 AM
why can't we use these tools on other peoples farms?

Loralyn
Oct 26 2009, 09:25 AM
Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.so there's no way that there will be fuel left not enough to do 1 field.you must consume all your fuel before refueling.

If that is the case: Will a moderator please tell me why, when I'm seeding, I will have fuel showing in the upper corner (once it was 114; once it was 8) but STILL get a message saying I have to refuel.

Then when I go to the fuel station and click refuel, I get the popup that says "If you refuel now, you will lose your remaining fuel."

Of course, I have no option but to lose it. I can't use the seeder because it says it needs fuel!!!

~Farmer Tom~
Oct 26 2009, 10:06 AM
PS What's with this silent timed out message? At least before we had warning! Now I'm harvesting or plowing away and I've timed out and don't even know it! That one really ticks me off. I don't get my coin or XP and most often the farmer has to re-do what I thought I did. I bet this is the reason people suddenly don't get their coin and XP or it's been taken away but they don't realize they've timed out. This one REALLY needs to be fixed.

I agree, this is really a step backwards. Now it would seem the only way to reconnect to your severs is by loading the game over. Most the time you are on someones farm plowing or harvesting and dont recieve any kind of message at all. I click the save icon periodically while harvesting and usually thats when I finally get a message stating im no longer connected to the server. By then, all the work I have done means nothing and I have no choice but to leave the farm, infact the whole game and reload.

For this reason I would rather the whole harvesting thing go back to the way it was to begin with, along with the connection to server errors that popped up. Atleast with the old way you could fight off the errors and stay on the farm and work when you were reconnected.

This is also the reason you keep getting tons of complaint posts in this forum about not getting xp / coins for work being done.

Again, basic game play here.......all the ghosts and gobblins mean nothing without having basic game play. Fix the fundementals first.

arborist
Oct 26 2009, 11:51 AM
mine don't work. they are lemons. they only plow one plot at a time, not 4! please helppppppppppppppppppppppp

Mistygirl1
Oct 26 2009, 12:09 PM
I lost all the fuel I received as gifts. What happened to them? Are you only allowed to keep so many and then they are deleted.

Susi Allen
Oct 26 2009, 12:35 PM
Since this upgrade I have lost fuel tanks gifted by neighbors an friends.
I didn't count them but ha 6 to 8.
The next day after purchasing several of the new tools my fuel tanks were missing. Is there a way to get them back??
Another friend also lost fuel tanks.

Sus :mad:i

THE NEW FARM TOOLS

Where are the new tools?
The tools are all found under the Tools tab on the store page.

How do I get the new tools?
The tools are all available for purchase with farm coins.

What do the tools do?
All tools work for you on your own farm. They cannot be used by hired help.

Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered: Gas free plowing tool that allows to plow up to 4 fields at a time - no matter how many neighbors you have!
Small Harvester: Harvesting tool that allows you to harvest up to 2 crops at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
Big Harvester: Harvesting tool that allows you to harvest up to 4 crops at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
Small Seeder: Seeding tool that allows you to seed up to 2 fields at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
Big Seeder: Seeding tool that allows you to seed up to 4 fields at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.

How do I get fuel?
Click on the map then click on fuel station or click on the fuel can under your coins and farm cash displays. You earn fuel in the following ways:

Your Game Level: Your level X10
Neighbours: Number of neighbors you have X10 also.
Friends helped: Number of friends that helped you that day X10
Active Neighbours: Number of neighbors you have that were active that day X10
Fuel From Friend: Gift of fuel tank

Once you accept a fuel can as a gift from your facebook/myspace page, it will appear in your gift box AND you will see credit for it under the tank (pictured below). Clicking on it from your gift box will not take it out of the gift box, but will bring you to your "gas stattion/tank" to show you how much fuel you have available for your next refueling. The gas can will remain in your gift box until the next time you refuel. When you refuel the credit will transfer from your "gas station/tank" up to the fuel counter under your farmtown cash and the fuel can will disappear from your gift box.

When you click on the fuel station on the map, the fuel icon in the top left corner of your screen, or a fuel can in your gift box, you will be shown how much fuel you have earned and available for the day. You have to click on the refuel button to fuel your machinery. You can only refuel when it tells you that you can and any fuel already showing in the upper left corner of your screen will be lost. The total from your fueling station/tank will replace (not add to) the amount of fuel you have to use.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l217/molly58/FTfuel.jpg

Various comments

All tools rotate.

Prices and other info
Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered: Cost 60,000 coins Give 601 XP Sell for 1800 coins
Small Harvester: Cost 15,000 coins Give 153 XP Sell for 450 coins
Big Harvester: Cost 30,000 coins Give 302 XP Sell for 900 coins
Small Seeder: Cost 20,000 coins Give 203 XP Sell for 600 coins
Big Seeder: Cost 40,000 coins Give 402 XP Sell for 1200 coins

There are questions regarding the exact meaning of "Friends Helped", we will be contacting the developers to get the final answer and will post that answer here in this thread.

We will also be reporting the fact that some of you are receiving a message that you do not have fuel even after you have gone to the fuel station and fueled up.

Some of you have reported that you are not able to use the fuel you have been given as gifts. We will be reporting that along with the items above.

Niki1967
Oct 26 2009, 12:37 PM
Why cant we make waterfalls any more?? some people have them but now I cant get it to work ? Keeps saying my stuff has to be placed on grass........ AGGRIVATING

RHIANN
Oct 26 2009, 01:10 PM
Hii,

our new tools were introduced as being "social" but as long i can't use these machines on other farms i can't find them add anything social to the game..

by the way..
the manual plowing is still too messy..why cant it be as swift as the harvest?

but the new release is much more stable now.Thank You!

dolphlynn
Oct 26 2009, 01:48 PM
as for waterfalls, you need to place paths or stone paths on top of the water then add another river section...that's how you get a waterfall...then remove the paths...PM me if you need more help

Kemper
Oct 26 2009, 02:10 PM
I was wondering Why I help people on there farms,but I don't recieve any coins? When can you buy the tractors? Please write back thanks... Holly Jo's Farm...

IowaJo
Oct 26 2009, 02:49 PM
I agree, this is really a step backwards. Now it would seem the only way to reconnect to your severs is by loading the game over. Most the time you are on someones farm plowing or harvesting and dont recieve any kind of message at all. I click the save icon periodically while harvesting and usually thats when I finally get a message stating im no longer connected to the server. By then, all the work I have done means nothing and I have no choice but to leave the farm, infact the whole game and reload.

For this reason I would rather the whole harvesting thing go back to the way it was to begin with, along with the connection to server errors that popped up. Atleast with the old way you could fight off the errors and stay on the farm and work when you were reconnected.

This is also the reason you keep getting tons of complaint posts in this forum about not getting xp / coins for work being done.

Again, basic game play here.......all the ghosts and gobblins mean nothing without having basic game play. Fix the fundementals first.

This has happened to me ALOT...and man, it's frustrating!! :mad:

woolflady
Oct 26 2009, 03:23 PM
Ok I can's keep fuel. I have it, go to market, come back AND ITS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Will this be fixed soon??

RHIANN
Oct 26 2009, 03:52 PM
So all they do is sit there? They don't actually get in the field and move,like they do in that other game? Again, like everyone else, what's the point here? I already have all the functions they do, and I spent all this money and these monsters just SIT THERE. LOL.Ridiculous

LoL:)) You can click on them and pretend they like it as dogs do when they are scratched behind the ear:))

MonaPayne
Oct 26 2009, 04:27 PM
I would be grateful if they ( moderators or developers) would at least acknowledge the problem some of us are having with getting the game to load. I have not had a chance to even SEE the new farm equipment, since the upgrade I have not been able to get my farm to load. Many other are having the same problem.its been a week now. What does it take to get a response? I know this is a free game and they dont "owe" me anything, but are we so invaluable that we get no response about this problem?I can get the Forum.

RHIANN
Oct 26 2009, 04:35 PM
I was wondering Why I help people on there farms,but I don't recieve any coins? When can you buy the tractors? Please write back thanks... Holly Jo's Farm...

you should ask admins, i think...i read somewhere here there has been..and maybe still is..trouble with farms being on different update levels which causes
all kinds of trouble..loss of xp..coins..etc..(sighs)...

Vee.
Oct 26 2009, 06:10 PM
Well I absolutely LOVE the new equipment. Yesterday I was able to plant raspberries to my heart's content and not worry about trying to find a harvester at the market who leaves as soon as they see a farm full of raspberries!

I did have trouble getting the harvester to work at first until a friend told me that I need to ensure the 'Remove Space Between Fields' box was ticked (under preferences). Once I did that the machines worked perfectly.

People seem to be having difficulty understanding how the fuel tank gifts work - it's pretty simple really - if you purchase fuel with one fuel tank you will get one hundred gallons of fuel, if you purchase fuel with two fuel tanks you will get two hundred gallons of fuel and so on.

I think it would be dreadful if we could use these machines on other people's farms. There are enough greedy people to compete with as it is, without having the added nightmare of some people being able to harvest multiple squares in one go versus others who can still only harvest a single square at a time.

Thanks to the FT developers for these additions. They have made planting and harvesting far more enjoyable for me. I no longer have to feel 'guilty' about planting raspberries and I no longer have to 'worry' about people who insist on harvesting my trees, even though I ask many times for the trees to be left alone. :)

So yeah... Thanks!

Angel7
Oct 26 2009, 06:42 PM
I would like to know what happens to the counter if you have over 9,999 gallons of fuel to put in since the counter only shows 4 digits. I have alot of fuel that I have not accepted in FaceBook. If I accept all the fuel cans it will throw me over 9,999 gallons. Just don't want it to truncate, but would like to be able to maximize fuel deposits.

Aunt Janet
Oct 26 2009, 06:48 PM
I actually was enjoying the tools - a new diversion - especially the solar powered tractor....until I logged into Facebook to play yesterday and discovered my tractor was gone....rebooting, clearing cookies, cache, all the usual stuff was to no avail....I know I'm not the only one, but I'm curious about what the devs are doing about it....

DayTripperDiva
Oct 26 2009, 07:18 PM
it's all a game, folks - fun to try, boycott 'em if you don't like the idea...

brisket
Oct 26 2009, 09:44 PM
To all you gripers out there that constantly complain every time there is an upgrade or a new peace of equipment that doesn't quite meet your expectations you have two options. Number one, QUIT. Number two, wait until the game is completed, its still in BETA for goodness sakes.

Auntie H
Oct 26 2009, 10:27 PM
I like the new tools. They are handy when I just don't have time to go through the 'hire' experience. I don't use them every time but when I do, great. Love the seeder. That is worth the expense.

kfinance
Oct 26 2009, 10:44 PM
I bought a big seeder so that I could do the four plots at once and have only gotten it to work one time. It only shows the one square in yellow and if I go ahead, it takes my fuel. So I stop it because if I am going to have to do it manually, I will save my fuel. Does anyone have any idea of what I could be doing wrong or did I get a lemon for a big seeder?

Vee.
Oct 27 2009, 02:43 AM
I bought a big seeder so that I could do the four plots at once and have only gotten it to work one time. It only shows the one square in yellow and if I go ahead, it takes my fuel. So I stop it because if I am going to have to do it manually, I will save my fuel. Does anyone have any idea of what I could be doing wrong or did I get a lemon for a big seeder?

Have you checked your preferences to make sure the 'Remove Space Between Fields' box is ticked? That was exactly my problem - I have a feeling that purchasing the new machines may have reset my preferences, because as soon as I ticked that box again the large harvester and large seeder worked perfectly. : )

dee919@juno.com
Oct 27 2009, 02:59 AM
I have a gripe..I can't get on FT since the upgrade..any suggestions..I have left messages everyother day and still can't get on.. juno, dial up internet explorer, facebook. It is happening every one of the last three upgrades, this is the 6th day...

Ann Winters
Oct 27 2009, 03:32 AM
I have a gripe..I can't get on FT since the upgrade..any suggestions..I have left messages everyother day and still can't get on.. juno, dial up internet explorer, facebook. It is happening every one of the last three upgrades, this is the 6th day...

When you try to log in, what error message do you get?

KathR
Oct 27 2009, 03:46 AM
If you click on a fuel tank you see a window with 5 lines showing fuel from each source:

Game Level
Neighbors
Friends Helped
Active Neighbors
Fuel from Friends

I have fuel from every source except Friends Helped. What is the difference between Friends Helped and Fuel from Friends?

Thanks.

Farmer_JD
Oct 27 2009, 04:49 AM
If you click on a fuel tank you see a window with 5 lines showing fuel from each source:

Game Level
Neighbors
Friends Helped
Active Neighbors
Fuel from Friends

I have fuel from every source except Friends Helped. What is the difference between Friends Helped and Fuel from Friends?

Thanks.

friends helped is when you tend to a neighbours farm..ie weed water etc.
fuel from freinds are sent as gifts =)

wpc5032
Oct 27 2009, 06:12 AM
Hey folks/fellow farmers...
As is our nature (especially in groups), we have a tendace to get all worked up over a matter (misery loves company)... But... Rather than rant & rave.... Let's appreciate the gift of this game and enjoy it. If we have some concerns, let's bring it to the table in a constructive manner. Ideas for improvement are welcomed, I'm sure. (i.e. requesting more levels and farm size, or a link to explain use of new tools.)
The developers have worked hard to give us this game and we get to play it for free. Sure the game has some glitches, hopefully temporary, but let's give them a chance to work on them. I would hate to see them get frustrated or discouraged and just scrap the game altogether, wouldn't you?
Thanks for listening.
Paulette ;~)

gigglette50
Oct 27 2009, 09:23 AM
It is nice that you got some new stuff but can't play it because it wont load the game I get to 50%and then nothing been like that for 3 days now

anneber
Oct 27 2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks, it is great to get some new things. Keep up the good work!

cheryl comstock l
Oct 27 2009, 10:19 AM
my avatar has dissapeared ana anyone who comes to my farm does the same . all i see is their name moving around. so i cant hire anyone same on the market. whats up with this

platinum
Oct 27 2009, 12:10 PM
The fuel situation is crazy -- a formula!! I must tell all my neighbors NOT to be the tools!!! Yes, they are extremely useful but without fuel they are useless and I am back to manual labor!! Yep, I am a little irritated, in the real world if I have money I can pay for gas to put in my car, 10 x a day if I wish... WHAT IS THE POINT! Should I be playing less? I'm maxed out on everything, WHAT's next?? Stop playing??:mad::mad::mad:

pinilla2006
Oct 27 2009, 02:15 PM
When i first bought the big seeder it worked great. It was nice to be able to plant four squares at a time, but now it is only doing one at a time. Is anyone else having problems with it?

Dianna

pinilla2006
Oct 27 2009, 02:20 PM
You can sell them for 15 coins. If you go to the market place you can sell gifts. I have sold a few of mine. Hope that helps.

Dianna

Miss Reevy
Oct 27 2009, 02:47 PM
martyhusker I am having the exact same problem as you, I played all weekend harvest etc for other farmers and didnt make hardly any money or xp points, PLUS this morning (the only way I can make any money is to do my own harvesting etc) I went to the market place to sell what I had harvested and not one coin was given to me from a WHOLE harvest, very disapointing

Miss Reevy
Oct 27 2009, 02:48 PM
Forgot to add that most of my FT friends have now gone to play on Farmville which is disapointing for me as Ilove the interaction, I will wait patiently for a short time as I hope the developers will fix these problems

silverbf50
Oct 27 2009, 04:58 PM
I just want to make the following statement about the harvesters and plower tools. One, I would not be at the level I am at without the generosity of my fellow farmers hiring me to harvest and plow. If buying the machines eliminates this aspect then I do not want to own either machine.

However, since I have to sow the fields myself I really appreciate the seeding machines. They are a big help.

I would like to suggest that hiring people to USE your equipment such as a harvester or plower would be a good upgrade. That way I would not feel as if I am taking away anyones ability to get to another level.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

bluehope64
Oct 27 2009, 05:14 PM
Hi FarmTown!
I just love this game. Thank you for all the cool new stuff.
I have noticed that some of my buddies and friends are not playing anymore...methinks that once they reach level 34 and there is nothing really left that is new to unlock, boredom sets in and ... poof! they go to Farmville or move to another sort of game altogether. That is a sad thing.
Please consider adding more levels when you can. I would really appreciate it and I know that many others would as well.
Thanks for all your great work,
GreenHope

Mitch1015
Oct 27 2009, 05:20 PM
I think the boredom sets in due to the inability to enlarge the farm any longer, and there isn't any more room. Personally, I'd love to see the makers of Farm Town add a feature to the gift box where we could decide to sell or gift an item from there... the gift feature really needs refining... I have nearly 100 gifts, but no place to put them...and trying to use one at a time is way too time consuming.

Cherry's Farm
Oct 27 2009, 06:25 PM
Brittany,
There seems to be two camps here, those who love to support the Beta program with blind loyalty and those who actually get frustrated at network glitches month after month after month. I hired people last week from the forum and two of them had to refresh and log back in twice to be seen. I click on people and can't hire, and harvest crops to have them reappear after a refresh. I know it's beta but it just does not work reliably...EVER. I love this game, but I can't take it any more. The developers really do NOT listen to us. I have never had one suggestion considered and I have had some solid constructive advise to share. Slam away if you want to, but open your eyes as well.

I apologize to all for my frustration, but this IS just a game, and it's just not fun anymore. Goodbye to all my great Farmtown friends!!!

Chuck

Bye again Chuck, strangely you still have crops growing as you did the other day when you said good-bye :)

slacy
Oct 27 2009, 06:31 PM
Is it only me or does it seem like with these new tools it's taking the fun out of hiring people to plow and harvest and being hired? No need to interact with people with these tools.

brian954
Oct 27 2009, 08:45 PM
Ok - I guess I'm confused - or maybe just really lucky.

For the record, I bought the large seeder -- that's the only tool I own (might consider the harvester when I can get more land to put in on - no place to put it now.)

I fueled up the first time, and got 1300+ gallons of fuel.. I still have over 1000 gallons of the original fueling, so I'm having a hard time relating to running out of fuel. But I do have a lot of neighbors, so that's one explanation.

For those who say their gifted fuel tanks disappear... I believe whenever you refuel, all those gifted tanks are automatically put into your fuel inventory - you don't have the option (not yet, anyway) to leave them in your gift box. So I'm guessing they didn't disappear, but ended up in your fuel inventory. Of course you can avoid this by not bringing them over to Farmtown from Facebook until you are ready to use them.

Because I have so many neighbors, I will probably never need/use the gifted tanks, so I sell them in the marketplace.

I have never lost a gallon of fuel yet, but I am still on my first fill-up. We'll see if that changes when I need to re-fuel in a few weeks (I plant mostly 3-4 day crops.)

As far as the harvester is concerned, I like hiring from the MP and interacting with others. But sometimes I don't have time to find a harvester and wait, so I do it myself. That's when this tool would come in handy. Everybody has different priorities - if you don't need it - don't buy it.

Having said that, I too would like to see us be able to use them on other farms -- but would prefer FT limit the use of one tool per farm at any time - don't want to see demolition derby on the fields...

These are good additions to the game - when all the kinks are worked out - and they will be -- I suspect they will be very popular.

MS_Betty1225
Oct 27 2009, 09:23 PM
Want to know why when I click on Realtor;s office I can;t get in to see the lots for sale. I;m on level # 29 ?

penny g
Oct 27 2009, 10:24 PM
I have a white box over my game controls and points can't get rid of it it is very annoing and interfers with my game playing help

penny g
Oct 27 2009, 10:25 PM
do not know were it came from

abond429
Oct 27 2009, 11:27 PM
I would find the big harvester and big plow machine much more beneficial if I could use them at other people's farms or if they had those machines on their farms I could use theirs. Not very many people plow and harvest for themselves.

Miss Reevy
Oct 27 2009, 11:34 PM
I also have the white box and cant play properly

gma Aletta
Oct 28 2009, 12:55 AM
What actually happens is that the 100 gallons in a fuel tank is automatically added to your total shown on the fuel pump in the fuel station as soon as you accept the gift of a fuel tank on your Facebook home page.
The tank is put in your gift store just so you can see what you've been given.
Next time you refuel they disappear from gift store.

gift storage lol not the store as in shop... but you get 10 per neighbor you have and neighbors who come to your farm to help like to rake or water or pull weeds and then they add what gifts have been sent to u as a gift .. if you cant use it until all you gas is gone if you go ahead and add it then and you got like 250 gallons left it not counted into the next fill up i wait until i cant seed anymore before filling up the gas sent as gift never leave your gift storage.. im glad for that ..

sissyrme
Oct 28 2009, 01:50 AM
Personally I only bought a Seeder... I hire others to work for me so they also can gain coin and level with XP.

To the others who write their complaints on here...of all the games on Facebook, this is the best in my opinion. I absolutely love this game.

So, *****, moan, nag...it will get you nowhere....let the rest of us interact and have fun. I have met some great people from all over the world.

Thanks FARMTOWN...WE LOVE YOU ALL! GREAT WORK AND A BIG PAT ON THE BACK...CHEERS!

Carolyn01
Oct 28 2009, 10:27 AM
You can sell them at market place, you have to click on gifts, it then shows your gifts with options to sell as in crops.:)

alexk
Oct 28 2009, 10:46 AM
May be you already addressed this question, but if I have a solar powered tractor can I use it to plow other folks farms? If so, how?

jenwoos
Oct 28 2009, 11:03 AM
I have 10 neighbors, plenty of fuel, squares have no spaces....big seeder only will do one square. Is anyone going to fix this? The forum has many others with same issue.
Also, the squares dissapear when I plow now. Grr.......
Any response would be great, as this is frustrating and been going on since Saturday.

jenwoos
Oct 28 2009, 11:05 AM
I am and its frustrating!!!!!

DottieAnne
Oct 28 2009, 12:23 PM
Does face book limit how many fuel tanks you can have as gifts at one time?
Twice I have lost a fuel tank when I have another one come in as a gift. I'm talking before I accept them into my gift box.
What's going on. It's not like I have 20 or something, I had 3, had another come in as a gift. When I went to accept 2 of them I only had 4. I had lost one. That's the second time that has happened. I want my gifts back!!!!!:confused:

Tyler45
Oct 28 2009, 12:25 PM
May be you already addressed this question, but if I have a solar powered tractor can I use it to plow other folks farms? If so, how?

no you can't.

kristib1234
Oct 28 2009, 02:20 PM
Will there EVER be a fire or boot people off your farm option? It would be SO freaking great. Infinitely more helpful than a mass harvester or plower.

kristib1234
Oct 28 2009, 03:26 PM
Actually, what may be cool is if we can rate workers while they're working. Then when you go to hire them their rating shows up. Like 4 stars out of 5 stars and they've been rated by 180 people or whatever. Like a letter of reference almost!

Pirate Kel
Oct 28 2009, 03:56 PM
Is it only me or does it seem like with these new tools it's taking the fun out of hiring people to plow and harvest and being hired? No need to interact with people with these tools.

lol... then dont use them. I never had and never will.

Pirate Kel
Oct 28 2009, 03:58 PM
Actually, what may be cool is if we can rate workers while they're working. Then when you go to hire them their rating shows up. Like 4 stars out of 5 stars and they've been rated by 180 people or whatever. Like a letter of reference almost!

thats a good idea.... maybe when people get a certain rating (pretty high I would imagine) then maybe they can get a few coins or cash as a prize.

shasumstu
Oct 28 2009, 07:36 PM
I accept with information:The new release contains support for 5 different tools:
1. Small Harvester - Harvest 2 fields at a time
2. Small Seeder - Plant seeds on 2 fields at a time
3. Big Harvester - Harvest 4 fields at a time
4. Big Seeder - Plant seeds on 4 fields at a time
5. Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered - Plow 4 fields at a time

Prada
Oct 28 2009, 08:38 PM
Personally I only bought a Seeder... I hire others to work for me so they also can gain coin and level with XP.

To the others who write their complaints on here...of all the games on Facebook, this is the best in my opinion. I absolutely love this game.

So, *****, moan, nag...it will get you nowhere....let the rest of us interact and have fun. I have met some great people from all over the world.

Thanks FARMTOWN...WE LOVE YOU ALL! GREAT WORK AND A BIG PAT ON THE BACK...CHEERS!

Hey who is stopping you from interacting and having fun . ???
This is a public forum and if evreybody comes here and only gives pats on the back nothing will get fixed. so there .......
Keep on having fun and don't read here if at your end evreything is hunky dorey.

Amen !.

gizzie1
Oct 28 2009, 08:42 PM
I currently have 198 gallons of fuel showing as available (next to the fuel tank in the top left corner), but when I try to plant seeds I get the message "You don't have enough fuel". I've looked through all the threads and found where it says each plot costs one unit of fuel. Is this correct?
When I went to refuel it says "You have 198 gallons of fuel left. You will lose them if you refuel, do you want to refuel now?". I chose cancel as I don't want to lose almost 200 gallons. I've tried reloading and clearing cache, but nothing works. Please help.

Just resorted to seeding the "old fashioned way" of clicking on the store and choosing your seeds. When I got done planting Ileft and came back. Now my fuel is showing only 1 gallon. Shouldn't be using fuel if not using the seeder, should it?

momgoose72
Oct 28 2009, 09:05 PM
Why can't I get my "Refuel" to work? It keeps telling me "You can refuel once per day. You will be able to refuel in 14 hours and 32 minutes"

It has been like this for a couple of days. Any suggestions?

momgoose72:(

PRT
Oct 28 2009, 11:03 PM
This is a GAME! It is not real life.

Aunti Cowpatti
Oct 28 2009, 11:59 PM
I agree..I keep making money..I'm not going to buy impliments as I want to hire ppl so they can get ahead..and what can I buy?Would love more land or to be able to buy another farm bside mine..oh,heaven!!!Meanwhile I just keep growing,working,hiring and listening to all the whiners(actually I use my ignore button on them..heehee)Pleasecan we have more land..cyberspace is infinite

MojoRuss
Oct 29 2009, 01:47 AM
I've been level 34 for months. I still cant send a red crocus or buy anything other than pine, apple, orange and lemon trees. Give me a break. These are all issues that should have been dealt with months ago instead of adding more. I love FT but other than being able to buy a big, red farmhouse at 34, I dont see any advantages.

gbehling
Oct 29 2009, 08:42 AM
:)are there more levels than 34?? need somewhere to go from here:):p

Dana~Dane
Oct 29 2009, 08:59 AM
I completely agree that the power harvester and plower should not be allowed for use on farms other than one's own. I enjoy helping on other's farms because I find it relaxing, and I enjoy seeing the creativity of the farm layouts. When I encounter a co-hire on someone's farm who finds it amusing or challenging to bogart the crops or plowing, it is usually under the circumstances of a farm owner who has over-hired. I suppose we could compare the bonehead farmer who bogarts crops to the bonehead driver who cuts you off! Should the fun new farming equipment ever be allowed for use on other's farms, I think this unfortunate lack of farm etiquette will only get worse.

Happy Farming :-)

I agree with you! Some ppl r just rude, if given the opportunity to use the tools on other farms..Someone just might get run over....lol

LlamaLill
Oct 29 2009, 09:51 AM
I JUST bought a Big Seeder, but it's not on my farm, though the coin is certainly gone. I've tried reloading, but to no avail. Help!

CarpFish
Oct 29 2009, 01:12 PM
I agree! More land please!!!!!!!

bjrc59
Oct 29 2009, 01:49 PM
I agree with having a storage facility for our seasonal decorations! A co-worker and I were both talking about that. Selling everything seems rather stupid. How about making a storage shed that we can buy just for this type of thing and then be able to put whatever we want in it. By clicking the item and having the option or dragging it to the shed.

S_J_P
Oct 29 2009, 02:24 PM
What I would like to know is...what happened to my fuel tanks? I have 4 left and today I have none?

OWP
Oct 29 2009, 03:43 PM
What I would like to know is...what happened to my fuel tanks? I have 4 left and today I have none?

Just a sec I need to check the name of this thread.

Oh I see you posted in the wrong thread sorry,you need to check out the official thread on FUEL

S_J_P
Oct 29 2009, 04:33 PM
Just a sec I need to check the name of this thread.

Oh I see you posted in the wrong thread sorry,you need to check out the official thread on FUEL

Sorry I thought the FUEL was part of the new release.
No need for sarcasm.

Toni4
Oct 29 2009, 04:44 PM
Sorry I thought the FUEL was part of the new release.
No need for sarcasm.

Don't take it personal Farmer Sue, some people are like this!

Barb Gardner
Oct 29 2009, 06:26 PM
I agree with everyone else, I am at Level 34, need more land, need more places to go from here, and need to buy trees and most of all, I have never received more than 41 farm cash and all this being on level 34. What is up with all of this. Let us buy more land and trees and I will give up the farm cash as I don't miss what I don't have. Thank you for reading to my first post on this forum. Love Farm Town, nothing like it, thanks for all your hard work.

Pirate Kel
Oct 29 2009, 08:56 PM
so... do we know when the NEXT new release will be? :D

Peggy Choate
Oct 29 2009, 09:06 PM
I cannot even water flowers, plow more than 4 fields or seed without getting "connection to server" issue. This has been going on for 3 weeks. I am on WF30 and would love to go back to WF38 - not as many problems. I am very frustrated and can no longer promote playing Farmtown... This also happens when I work on other farms, which I can no longer do. Can't even get to plowing as it times out when harvesting.

Soozy
Oct 29 2009, 09:44 PM
I have 2 things I dislike after the last update.
I find it pretty bad that I can plow and plant before my harvester is even done on my screen.
Also, I would like an easier way to change the seeds I'm planting with the Seeder instead of having to go back and click the Seeder again. Or am I missing something?

Tyler45
Oct 29 2009, 09:49 PM
Also, I would like an easier way to change the seeds I'm planting with the Seeder instead of having to go back and click the Seeder again. Or am I missing something?

lol. that takes like what? 5 seconds???

NightEmphasis
Oct 29 2009, 10:56 PM
Hi all, I'm level 33 and wanted to see what was up and what I had to look forward to. Seems to me there is not much if no land is acquired for those that have already made it to level 34. Oh my word, what have you guys been doing then? I'm so sorry all of you have been going through such a hard time. If this is all there is then what's a fellow farmer such as those below them got to look forward to? "YES" by all means please give the expansion to the one's who have reached level 34. Wow, I really thought that it had progressed farther then this. We have dedicated hours and hours of time putting in flowers and trees and adding buildings and for just that it takes time and effort. For all of the farmers that have dedicated themselves to all the months of filling each little square for plowing, seeding, and harvesting and making their farms look the best that it can be please respect them and give them "MORE LAND PLEASE". It's only the right thing to do. I've seen such great friendships built from being on Farm Town and the beautiful work being put into so many farms that it would be a waste to see it just stop. Oh, and to have a large storage for all the things that have been bought by the hard earned cash or even with real money would be a life saver. I really do not think it is realized what a big Icon that Farm Town has become. There are people of all ages on Farm Town now and to have people even think of leaving would be a waste. So, please to all the administrators or whomever I ask, "Please give the farmers of Farm Town what we need". Thank you

down2earth
Oct 29 2009, 11:48 PM
The new updates are great, but when will be getting more land. I have been at level 34 for months now. The new machinery has taken away the need to hire anyone and can't be used on anyone elses farm. If you get hired by someone that has the machinery, you can't use it. If you do hire someone to harvest, it takes twice as long with the new way of harvesting. You lose coins if you leave the farm you just harvested or accept a hire to plow. I really love Farm Town, but am getting very bored with not being able to expand due to no more land being available. People keep asking about more land, so Farm Town developers, why don't you give us a clue as to when we can expect more. :confused:

_peggy
Oct 29 2009, 11:57 PM
why can't you expand?

britss
Oct 30 2009, 01:16 AM
I agree. I would love to do another makeover, but it takes up too much time to sell or delete my stuf. So I am also starting to visit ft less often. Selling and then rebuying depletes my coins, and then I have to farm again to get more coins. If we get a stor, please do it quickly....I love to try out some of the fab ideas I see on the beautiful farms!!!! Well done to all the artists!

britss
Oct 30 2009, 01:21 AM
I cannot even water flowers, plow more than 4 fields or seed without getting "connection to server" issue. This has been going on for 3 weeks. I am on WF30 and would love to go back to WF38 - not as many problems. I am very frustrated and can no longer promote playing Farmtown... This also happens when I work on other farms, which I can no longer do. Can't even get to plowing as it times out when harvesting.

SOOO frustrating...and then you often loose some of what you have done, and have to redo or replant.

S_J_P
Oct 30 2009, 01:33 AM
Hi all, I'm level 33 and wanted to see what was up and what I had to look forward to. Seems to me there is not much if no land is acquired for those that have already made it to level 34. Oh my word, what have you guys been doing then? I'm so sorry all of you have been going through such a hard time. If this is all there is then what's a fellow farmer such as those below them got to look forward to? "YES" by all means please give the expansion to the one's who have reached level 34. Wow, I really thought that it had progressed farther then this. We have dedicated hours and hours of time putting in flowers and trees and adding buildings and for just that it takes time and effort. For all of the farmers that have dedicated themselves to all the months of filling each little square for plowing, seeding, and harvesting and making their farms look the best that it can be please respect them and give them "MORE LAND PLEASE". It's only the right thing to do. I've seen such great friendships built from being on Farm Town and the beautiful work being put into so many farms that it would be a waste to see it just stop. Oh, and to have a large storage for all the things that have been bought by the hard earned cash or even with real money would be a life saver. I really do not think it is realized what a big Icon that Farm Town has become. There are people of all ages on Farm Town now and to have people even think of leaving would be a waste. So, please to all the administrators or whomever I ask, "Please give the farmers of Farm Town what we need". Thank you

I have been level 34 for months and believe me it's soooo boring. I don't dare tell you how many coins I have or no one will ever hire me but it's because all I can do is harvest and plow, I have nothing to spend them on so they just keep adding up. I would love to be able to buy more land and the hopes of having new levels and items to work towards keeps me playing. I loved it when I knew I had to work hard to achieve a certain level to buy things, so hopefully soon we will get more levels and more land but not going to hold my breath.
To the mods and devs...if you are reading these I have to say thanks for all the work you put into Farmtown, it is the best game on Facebook and getting better all the time.

melissafred
Oct 30 2009, 09:32 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the new tools. I love the fact that we have both 2 and 4 plot options with them. Thanks.

Can't wait to see what goodies are in store for Christmas!

helen223
Oct 30 2009, 04:31 PM
I would like to know why I had 11 fuel tanks in storage and I had to use 1 and when it took it off it took 6 of them, I went off farmtown came back on and know I only have 1 fuel tank in storage!!! Can anyone tell me why this happen?

TrinityOaks
Oct 30 2009, 09:04 PM
I would like to know why I had 11 fuel tanks in storage and I had to use 1 and when it took it off it took 6 of them, I went off farmtown came back on and know I only have 1 fuel tank in storage!!! Can anyone tell me why this happen?
When you go to the fueling station, if there are any fuel tanks in your gift box, it will take ALL of them and put them into your fuel storage (although it does seem to leave one sometimes :confused: ). You can't choose how many to take from your gift box and put into your fuel storage, but you can avoid accepting them in Facebook/MySpace until you're ready for them.

TrinityOaks
Oct 30 2009, 09:04 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the new tools. I love the fact that we have both 2 and 4 plot options with them.
Don't forget 3-plot! :)

Auntie H
Oct 30 2009, 10:10 PM
I love the seeder. It does make it faster for me. I use the harvester once in a while when I'm in a hurry and don't want to go to the Market or a neighbor/buddy isn't around. The harvester also allows me to protect the trees I don't want touched because there are still a lot of people who do not respect the 'hide trees' request.

DonnaSue
Oct 30 2009, 10:18 PM
hey folks/fellow farmers...
As is our nature (especially in groups), we have a tendace to get all worked up over a matter (misery loves company)... But... Rather than rant & rave.... Let's appreciate the gift of this game and enjoy it. If we have some concerns, let's bring it to the table in a constructive manner. Ideas for improvement are welcomed, i'm sure. (i.e. Requesting more levels and farm size, or a link to explain use of new tools.)
the developers have worked hard to give us this game and we get to play it for free. Sure the game has some glitches, hopefully temporary, but let's give them a chance to work on them. I would hate to see them get frustrated or discouraged and just scrap the game altogether, wouldn't you?
Thanks for listening.
Paulette ;~)

amen sister paulette!!!:)

Basisten
Oct 31 2009, 07:52 AM
fix you not so you can buy better farm. Then more level soon so will most people who are level 34 final play farm town

helen223
Oct 31 2009, 08:34 AM
Thank you alot!!

raenndrops
Oct 31 2009, 12:20 PM
When i first bought the big seeder it worked great. It was nice to be able to plant four squares at a time, but now it is only doing one at a time. Is anyone else having problems with it?

Dianna
are you buying from the special seeder store? if you buy from the regular store, it defaults to one at a time

Basisten
Oct 31 2009, 02:12 PM
Has been Connection timed out loads of times today. fix it thanks

Farmtown Girl
Oct 31 2009, 02:31 PM
We really need more land as we can't use all the cool things you offer. no room.

Sally Hansen
Oct 31 2009, 06:39 PM

You loose money anyway when you don't hire others. It just makes your farm look more like a farm...

BluePlum
Oct 31 2009, 08:28 PM

Yeah, I'm about ready to just sell them.

Slycon
Oct 31 2009, 10:27 PM
I almost joined this forum back when these new features were first released just to say "Thank you!", and since I finally have, I would like to do so now. I actively play both farming games, and I can honestly say that Farm Town owns the other in so many aspects. The mantra seems to be "Anything they can do, Farm Town can do better", and this is yet another instance of just that. I love the fact that fuel allotment is determined by level, number of neighbors, active neighbors, and neighbors helped (not to mention the fact that fuel can be gifted), and it's nice not being left with no other option but to purchase it with real dollars. Although I generally hire neighbors to harvest and plow (not only for the higher payout, but to help them gain coins and XP), there are times when none of them are online and I just don't feel like sifting through the "hire me plz" spammers in the market. Thanks to the generous fuel allotment, I can harvest and plant my entire farm with fuel to spare, and for that I am truly grateful.

Thank you, and keep up the great work!

villaret2
Nov 01 2009, 10:49 AM
Sorry don't get it. There doesn't seem any advantage in having these machines. Nowhere to park them and they cost money to do a job we can get done by someone else. Status symbols I suppose. Not for me I am afraid.

moochelle
Nov 01 2009, 04:48 PM
Again, I love the fact ya'll creators are constantly (mostly) updating things...

But I wasted my money on these items... I have used them on occasion... But really wish I'd not gotten them. Would be cool if folks could use them when they come to work @ my farm, or I could carry with me to use on others' farms...

Even when and if the land upgrades come, I don't think I'll use them anymore... Only decoration...

Thanks again :) Keep up the good work :)

cindya
Nov 01 2009, 05:16 PM
you said we cannot use them on others farms ...but I know someone that does use the big harvester on peoples farms...i have been there with her on many farms...and she takes all the crops.....i asked the farmer and he said he knows her n that she was using it...and that you had to be a certain level to use it on others farms....just want to know if this was true....and if so i would like to know how to do it...and if its not possible to use on other farms...i would like to know how she is doing it ,when no one else is allowed to.... her name ic cc small

Cider Sue
Nov 01 2009, 05:49 PM
As a level 34 I have been pretty frustated with nothing new to do but continually re-arrange my farm. I have 11.5 million coins!

However, I love using the seeder, even though its gargantuan size makes it tough to park. And it is working great. I just click on it, select "plant seeds" which directs me to the seed store, and I am good to go.

I look forward to the Christmas decorations, and have already cleared a field size area for them.

richardcoo
Nov 01 2009, 07:39 PM
I have put items in "storage" and now cannot find it -could you help me?

denneym1
Nov 01 2009, 10:48 PM
I agree the limit on storage is arbitrary and unreasonably small. And while the "neighbor" idea in Farm Town is OK, they are starting too put TOO much emphasis on how many neighbors you have....it not only affects hiring now, but fuel and storage as well....thats too much....your enjoyment of farm town should not be so heavily linked to your neighbors.
MD

Tyler45
Nov 01 2009, 11:17 PM
I have put items in "storage" and now cannot find it -could you help me?

The storage is under where you store your crops. Click on Items at the top

Lee Ann
Nov 02 2009, 12:17 AM
I wish we had an 8 hour crop. Then you could sleep or go to work while it's growing.

I wish I had storage so that I could move things from my farm TO storage, and then get them back later (like taking things from gifts).
I plant grapes for overnite 8 hr crop, they are ready in 4 but good for 8 ...it works.....

richardcoo
Nov 02 2009, 02:21 AM
About a week ago, a storage was offerd "for items boight and not being used. I put a couple of Sm. things in it (mabey just 1), then dropped my harvester, Seeder, and solar powerd plow in it ,never figureing out how to retrieve them.HOW DO I GET THEM OUT?

janislb
Nov 02 2009, 10:50 AM
Hey, love this game - so addicted to it. Love the ability to interact, makes it more appealing than other games.

here's my thought - lots of comments about the storage and new tools BUT the conversation about harvesting and losing coins seems to have dropped. Has this problem been fixed? I still hang around a farm scanning all the harvested plots for fear if I leave I will lose my coins. So sad that I lose many plowing jobs whereas before I could harvest, then respond immediately to plow. Can someone educate me on this feature??

Thanks - and keep up the good work developers! Change keeps the game interesting, weather people find it useful or not......

JAS0643
Nov 02 2009, 10:07 PM
About a week ago, a storage was offerd "for items boight and not being used. I put a couple of Sm. things in it (mabey just 1), then dropped my harvester, Seeder, and solar powerd plow in it ,never figureing out how to retrieve them.HOW DO I GET THEM OUT?

Storage for items is the same place your harvested crops go to. There is a harvest and items tab.

clipp2
Nov 03 2009, 03:27 PM
This morning at 8:30 am I had 301,340 XP points, logged out of farm town and left the house. At 1:15pm I signed onto farm town and see that my xp points total is now 301,043 - there is STILL a problem here.

Could we please see an Official Message posted to the forum Glitches thread to acknowledge that we are not all losing our minds? Just tell us that it is being worked on will be sufficient... or should we assume that nobody cares.

Miss Reevy
Nov 03 2009, 03:33 PM
No, your not going mad, I cant plow for other farmers becasue my xp points actually go backwards instead of adding, the only way I can get xp points is by visiting friends farms and watering, raking etc.
I cant seem to get a definite answer on whether this issue is being worked on or not.
I would much rather see the devs fix these issue instead of adding new things

parrina
Nov 04 2009, 07:13 PM
well these new tools are all fine and dandy but i have been on lvl 34 for quite awhile now and have grown bored of the game
i only return occasionaly since theres no land upgrades,crop upgrades or level upgrades
whats the use in playing a game that goes nowhere!

franzette
Nov 04 2009, 10:32 PM
I've been stuggling to go onto Farmtown for the past 3 days. When I plant my fields it disappear. Can it be because I didn't get new download? Please help, thanks.

gma Aletta
Nov 04 2009, 11:10 PM
Sorry don't get it. There doesn't seem any advantage in having these machines. Nowhere to park them and they cost money to do a job we can get done by someone else. Status symbols I suppose. Not for me I am afraid.

The seeder is great it gets the job done faster where as we can not hire someone to do.. and im at level 34 and why the tools they are planning on putting higher levels on .. But hmmmm they got 27 million playing the game. and again This is a Beta GAme.. what does that mean.. One Thing at a time ppl.. Thanks Farm Town for all that you do!!

Shirley Jo
Nov 05 2009, 09:31 PM
Is there a limit to how many fuel cans you can have in your gift box ? I had over 90 gifts of fuel and they all disaopeared.

Shirley Jo
Nov 05 2009, 09:33 PM
Is there a limit to how many cans of fuel you can have in your gift box ???? I had over 90 cans of fuel and they all disappeared.

Shirley Jo
Nov 05 2009, 09:37 PM
Is there a limit on how many fuel cans you can have in your gift box ???
I had 90 plus cans of fuel in my gift box and they all disappeared.

momgoose72
Nov 05 2009, 10:36 PM
There was a post in the forum that you should leave your fuel tanks on Facebook and only bring them into your Farmtown account when you need them. Otherwise, they will disappear from your gift box when you use one of them. What I did was to bring over two fuel tanks and load them both at the simultaneously to be used.

phamton
Nov 05 2009, 11:12 PM
Well, they do all disappear when you use one but only because they all get used. You can have several fuel tanks in your giftbox but when you click on "use" for even one of them, it will use them all. You are not losing them though. I had over 40 in my giftbox and clicked on one and it loaded them all up. Now I have plenty of fuel for future plowing, harvesting, or planting. Just watch the refuel box. The last line says "fuel from gifts." It will list the number of gifts and add them all in. Sometimes, it looks like some of the gifts are left but after you reload the game, those will be gone.

I don't see the point in saving them on facebook since they will be saved anyway in your fuel tank total. I only need to refuel about once a week since I have so much fuel from gifts. It will save the total for the next time you plow. Like today I refueled and had around 5,000 gallons since I had so many gifts. I only used around 1,000 gallons so I have 4,000 gallons left for next time to use. So I will not need to refuel next time as I already have plenty left.

S_J_P
Nov 06 2009, 12:10 AM
Well, they do all disappear when you use one but only because they all get used. You can have several fuel tanks in your giftbox but when you click on "use" for even one of them, it will use them all. You are not losing them though. I had over 40 in my giftbox and clicked on one and it loaded them all up. Now I have plenty of fuel for future plowing, harvesting, or planting. Just watch the refuel box. The last line says "fuel from gifts." It will list the number of gifts and add them all in. Sometimes, it looks like some of the gifts are left but after you reload the game, those will be gone.

I don't see the point in saving them on facebook since they will be saved anyway in your fuel tank total. I only need to refuel about once a week since I have so much fuel from gifts. It will save the total for the next time you plow. Like today I refueled and had around 5,000 gallons since I had so many gifts. I only used around 1,000 gallons so I have 4,000 gallons left for next time to use. So I will not need to refuel next time as I already have plenty left.

Well said !!

schoolmarm2
Nov 06 2009, 12:34 AM
well these new tools are all fine and dandy but i have been on lvl 34 for quite awhile now and have grown bored of the game
i only return occasionaly since theres no land upgrades,crop upgrades or level upgrades
whats the use in playing a game that goes nowhere!

Does this mean you have run out of creative ideas for your farm? If you are bored with your farm, dismantle it and start over. If you do not want to take it apart, start a new one with a new look. I am on my 4th farm with only one being a level 34 and it has way more xp than needed for a level 34.

The admins already hinted that new levels will be coming out very soon. The way the talk it may be with the next update or two.

Uncle David
Nov 06 2009, 12:56 PM
....they are starting too put TOO much emphasis on how many neighbors you have....

Cults always force their members to proselytize. ;)

HollyBeth
Nov 07 2009, 08:36 AM
Wow, what's the point, then? Unless they're going to greatly expand the farm size, I see no need for the harvesters.

Peace,

Chip

I know! I bought the plower not realizing it had no advantage since I could alrady plow 4 fields at a time. You should be able to use it when plowing for others to at least.

♪Jeanne♪
Nov 08 2009, 07:32 AM
I know! I bought the plower not realizing it had no advantage since I could alrady plow 4 fields at a time. You should be able to use it when plowing for others to at least.

I bought it just because it was a great looking decoration. Who doesn't love the John Deere colors?

Granny-dumdum
Nov 08 2009, 07:37 PM
My farm has been renamed to " I Give Up". I've spent hours for the past week, maybe more trying to do anything in the game. I'm getting constant server connection time outs. I've tried clicking the save icon to save what I've done and I get a time out message. Then I have to reload the game and everything I've moved is back where it was originally. I go to the market place and can't return home. Click go home, "do you want to go home" choice pops up, I answer yes and nothing happens. I'm still at the market. I try to go to a neighbor's farm to tend and the loading farm message runs and runs, but I never get anywhere. I've tried the game in Firefox, Opera, and Internet Explorer. Same thing happens in all three. I've cleared out temporary files, emptied cache, removed cookies after every internet session. No avail. So, I'll take a break. Sorry my farm is such a mess, but I can't continue spending hours doing the same thing over and over. Happy farming to you folks that aren't having any problems. I'll miss this game, but I'll have to find something else to amuse me for a while.

If i could get access to my farm i would name mine " I Give Up Too"

hymie
Nov 09 2009, 05:50 PM
I understand why the fuel can you use to refuel removes from the gift box, but why do all of them?? I had 12 cans of fuel in my box, only used 1 to refuel, but when I went to use the other gifts, they were all gone... makes no sense to me... why is this?

phamton
Nov 09 2009, 06:40 PM
I understand why the fuel can you use to refuel removes from the gift box, but why do all of them??

Why not? It's just as easy to store them in your fuel tank rather than your gift box.

I had 12 cans of fuel in my box, only used 1 to refuel, but when I went to use the other gifts, they were all gone... makes no sense to me... why is this?
The other gallons will be in your fuel tank for the next time you need fuel. I had 35 fuel cans from friends in my gift box. So when I clicked on "Use" for one, all of them were put in the fuel tank. So I ended up with around 5,000 gallons. I used around 1,000. So the next time I need to harvest, plow, or plant I will still have 4,000 gallons to use.

I use up every single gallon before I refuel again. That way, I don't waste any. So I won't need to refuel for a week or two since I already have 4,000 gallons in my fuel tank. By the time I need to refuel again, I will have at least another 35 gallons in my gift box.

gadel gebereth
Nov 09 2009, 06:57 PM
Well I for one am excited about this game and all the new stuff that has been put out. People can earn coins by accepting some of the offers. Some require you to purchase stuff while others do not. It is totally up to you if you want to purchase something.

It kind of bothers me a great deal when people complain about having to get more neighbors because I see the good in having neighbors and have made some really nice friends because of it. I guess it is all in how you look at it. Is the glass half empty or half full.

There were times I got upset at this game but I had to remind myself, this is only a game and it is free for the most part. Nothing says I have to play this game. I personally love this game and have to admit this is the first game I actually have had to hold my interests as long as this one has. I am at level 34 and I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have re-created my farm....too many to count. Whenever I want to be creative, I just get on Farm Town and start moving things around. To count I have made over 17,000,000 coins and wasted a lot it too. Hey it is a game. If we lose that focus than it is more than that and then need to really let it go. People harvesting trees that we don't want them harvested--well they grow back and besides you can make a money when they harvest them.

Well to count I have 5 mansions, 4 white houses, one brown house (use to have 10 brown houses but sold 9 of them), and a load of pumpkins all around my farm and I love going to my farm--it is soooo relaxing!!

Thank you Farm Town creators for giving us such a wonderful game to enjoy and make new friends to booth.

Gadel

Mo Kettle
Nov 12 2009, 03:22 AM
I love the new tools, sometimes doing raspberries, I just harvest myself now, rather than having people grumble at me or leave halfway through the job. I have several odd corners that need a 4 plow to get at, the tractor works beautifully for that, and I love that it's solar powered. After all the hassles on other farm games, I REALLY don't want hassles about fuel, so this whole set up is delightful. I want to complement the developers on a well thought out enhancement to Farm Town.