PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- October 20th, 2009

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Oct 20 2009, 02:36 PM
Hi,

We just released a new version of FarmTown. (As usual, you will get the new version when going to FarmTown the next time).

The new release contains support for 5 different tools:

1. Small Harvester - Harvest 2 fields at a time
2. Small Seeder - Plant seeds on 2 fields at a time
3. Big Harvester - Harvest 4 fields at a time
4. Big Seeder - Plant seeds on 4 fields at a time
5. Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered - Plow 4 fields at a time

All the tools works in a similar way, you just need to click on the tool and select the first option which could be Harvest, Plant Seeds or Plow depending on the tool. Alternatively, some of the tools can also be activated by clicking on the appropiate icon on the main tool window at the bottom of the screen.

The Plowing Tractor doesn't require fuel to operate so you can use it as much as you want without any limitations. The others require fuel to operate, these are the rules for the fuel:

1. To get fuel you need to go to the fuel station by clicking on the red fuel tank on the top-left of the screen or on the map icon
2. You can refuel once per day
3. The amout of fuel gallons you receive each day depends on these factors:

10 Gallons for each level you have accomplished
10 Gallons for each neighbour you have
10 Gallons for each friend you help each day
10 Gallons for each active neighbour in the last 24h
100 Gallons for each fuel tank you receive from your friends

If you are having trouble, remember to link your account.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: We have an established thread in the help and support section where we will attempt to answer any questions that you have about these new features. http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238278 Mods will not be answering questions posted in this thread from the developers.

Wild
Oct 20 2009, 02:47 PM
THE NEW FARM TOOLS

Where are the new tools?
The tools are all found under the Tools tab on the store page.

How do I get the new tools?
The tools are all available for purchase with farm coins.

What do the tools do?
All tools work for you on your own farm. They cannot be used by hired help.

Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered: Gas free plowing tool that allows to plow up to 4 fields at a time - no matter how many neighbors you have!
Small Harvester: Harvesting tool that allows you to harvest up to 2 crops at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
Big Harvester: Harvesting tool that allows you to harvest up to 4 crops at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
Small Seeder: Seeding tool that allows you to seed up to 2 fields at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
Big Seeder: Seeding tool that allows you to seed up to 4 fields at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.

How do I get fuel?
Click on the map then click on fuel station or click on the fuel can under your coins and farm cash displays. You earn fuel in the following ways:

Your Game Level: Your level X10
Neighbours: Number of neighbors you have X10 also.
Friends helped: Number of friends that helped you that day X10
Active Neighbours: Number of neighbors you have that were active that day X10
Fuel From Friend: Gift of fuel tank

Once you accept a fuel can as a gift from your facebook/myspace page, it will appear in your gift box AND you will see credit for it under the tank (pictured below). Clicking on it from your gift box will not take it out of the gift box, but will bring you to your "gas stattion/tank" to show you how much fuel you have available for your next refueling. The gas can will remain in your gift box until the next time you refuel. When you refuel the credit will transfer from your "gas station/tank" up to the fuel counter under your farmtown cash and the fuel can will disappear from your gift box.

When you click on the fuel station on the map, the fuel icon in the top left corner of your screen, or a fuel can in your gift box, you will be shown how much fuel you have earned and available for the day. You have to click on the refuel button to fuel your machinery. You can only refuel when it tells you that you can and any fuel already showing in the upper left corner of your screen will be lost. The total from your fueling station/tank will replace (not add to) the amount of fuel you have to use.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l217/molly58/FTfuel.jpg

Various comments

Once you purchase the Tractor, your plowing tool gains the X4 option, without the need for neighbors.
Once you purchase the Harvesters, your harvesting tool gains the X2 and/or X4 options (depending which one you bought). If you have only the Big Harvester, you cannot use the X2 harvest option.
Once you purchase the Seeders, you need to click on them to open a special store to select the seeds. Using the regular store will trigger the X1 regular seeding tool.
All tools rotate.
Charges for plowing using the equipment are the same as if you were plowing yourself without the equipment. You do not save the money per plot that you save when you hire someone else.
The amount you get for each crop when using the equipment is the same as if you harvested it yourself without the equipment. You do not get the extra money per crop that you get when you hire someone to harvest for you.
If you have your fields plowed up against each other with no space between them, you must have your preferences set so that there is a check mark next to "Remove Spaces Between Fields" before selecting the seeder or harvester.
If you have your fields plowed with space between them, you must have your preferences set so that there is NO check mark next to "Remove Spaces Between Fields" before selecting the seeder or harvester.

Prices and other info
Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered: Cost 60,000 coins Give 601 XP Sell for 1800 coins
Small Harvester: Cost 15,000 coins Give 153 XP Sell for 450 coins
Big Harvester: Cost 30,000 coins Give 302 XP Sell for 900 coins
Small Seeder: Cost 20,000 coins Give 203 XP Sell for 600 coins
Big Seeder: Cost 40,000 coins Give 402 XP Sell for 1200 coins

There are questions regarding the exact meaning of "Friends Helped", we will be contacting the developers to get the final answer and will post that answer here in this thread.

We will also be reporting the fact that some of you are receiving a message that you do not have fuel even after you have gone to the fuel station and fueled up.

Some of you have reported that you are not able to use the fuel you have been given as gifts. We will be reporting that along with the items above.

**Please note that losing fuel you already had showing when you refuel, is NOT a glitch. Refueling REPLACES the amount of fuel you have for use in the upper left corner with the amount showing available in your fuel station. It does NOT add the two together.

chipcataldo
Oct 20 2009, 02:49 PM
Do these work on other people's farms when you're hired to harvest?

Peace,

Chip

Yo's Farm
Oct 20 2009, 02:53 PM
Chip,

no it doesnt

ash_sk8s
Oct 20 2009, 02:53 PM
Awesome thanks!

chipcataldo
Oct 20 2009, 02:54 PM
Wow, what's the point, then? Unless they're going to greatly expand the farm size, I see no need for the harvesters.

Peace,

Chip

cagirl
Oct 20 2009, 02:54 PM
:confused:Hi,

We just released a new version of FarmTown. (As usual, you will get the new version when going to FarmTown the next time).

All the tools works in a similar way, you just need to click on the tool and select the first option which could be Harvest, Plant Seeds or Plow depending on the tool. Alternatively, some of the tools can also be activated by clicking on the appropiate icon on the main tool window at the bottom of the screen.

The Plowing Tractor doesn't require fuel to operate so you can use it as much as you want without any limitations. The others require fuel to operate, these are the rules for the fuel:

1. To get fuel you need to go to the fuel station by clicking on the red fuel tank on the top-left of the screen or on the map icon

100 Gallongs for each fuel tank you receive from your friends

Thanks.
Question: Are these for use on our own farms or can they be used when hired for work on other farms??? A large percentage doesn't harvests/plows their own farms these days!!!

Capt. Conor
Oct 20 2009, 02:56 PM
Wow, what's the point, then? Unless they're going to greatly expand the farm size, I see no need for the harvesters.

Peace,

Chip

same here, not to sound ungrateful but i would want more crops and levels and land before machines

gottawatchlost
Oct 20 2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the tools. I bought a small seeder already. I'll try it out tomorrow.

Woody83
Oct 20 2009, 03:00 PM
How come it appears the large machines are charging $3 to purchase yet this is not showed when you're buying?

RchGuessWho
Oct 20 2009, 03:01 PM
Just bought a big seeder,,,got pineapples in, so a few days before I can use it,,no fuel though,,so gives me time to save the fuel up,,roll on I cant wait to use it. Not going to bother about the other 2,,still a few neighbours close to 34 :D

bonny river
Oct 20 2009, 03:03 PM
Alright!!!!
way to go...love the constant upgrades.

flowergirlca28
Oct 20 2009, 03:05 PM
Thank you so much Raul ! I bought the big seeder, big harvester and plower...I like how the fuel works as well!

Good question someone had about using them on other farms...will that be possible?

flowergirlca28
Oct 20 2009, 03:08 PM
Just bought a big seeder,,,got pineapples in, so a few days before I can use it,,no fuel though,,so gives me time to save the fuel up,,roll on I cant wait to use it. Not going to bother about the other 2,,still a few neighbours close to 34 :D

If you click the little red fuel can, it takes you the gas station and you get fueled up based on the level you are on, active neighbours, friends helped, neighbours, and fuel from friends - I got 640 in fuel, which I will use to do my pineapples in a few days.

palo
Oct 20 2009, 03:14 PM
A lovely update but I don't see the point as their is no land to park the harvesters, seeders etc. The first order of the day should be to expand the land or as I said before, I'm going a land grabbing spree :p

And what's this about charging $3?

barbieturner
Oct 20 2009, 03:14 PM
So excited BUT.. bought the big seeder..went to the fuel station and it says I have 750 g. but it dont transfer it to the little icon on my screen..it still shows 0 so it will not let me use the seeder...says i am out of fuel....

warchant
Oct 20 2009, 03:15 PM
sorry if this has already been answered

if you hire someone to harvest your farm, can they use your tractor to harvest?

if not, then do you get the same amount of money when harvesting with equipment than you would if you hired someone to harvest.

Yo's Farm
Oct 20 2009, 03:17 PM
You can not use the equipment (Tools) when you are harvesting for someone else.

catromer@gmail.com
Oct 20 2009, 03:18 PM
When can we expect to be able to acquire more land and achieve ability to buy trees that are now locked

warchant
Oct 20 2009, 03:22 PM
You can not use the equipment (Tools) when you are harvesting for someone else.

that's not what i'm asking. i'm asking can other people use it on your farm if you've hired them to harvest your crops?

if not...is there still a difference in how much you make if you hire someone to harvest and using the new equipment to harvest.

Sunbum
Oct 20 2009, 03:25 PM
I bought the 3 big toys and luckily have a nice driveway for them. What I dont understand is why can I only use the new tools on my farm? Your basically encouraging those of us with the new toys to do our own farms now right?

becky24740
Oct 20 2009, 03:27 PM
Just curious in the difference in hiring thru the marketplace and doing it yourself. I love the friends I have made there so I am just wondering if this will cut it out all together eventually Hope not. I am level 34 and still enjoy going there to work.

random77777
Oct 20 2009, 03:29 PM
I love the upgrades and that you listen to your players. I love love love farm town and have been addicted since last June. Since you like feedback I'll throw my two cents in, but remember that I'm not complaining, just an observation. I appreciate all the hard work you do to make this game so rockin!

I've been trying out the new seeders/harvesters today and I think I have the hang of it, but my farm is crammed packed, every available space is crops, or farm decorations, river, trees, flowers... I don't have any room to put the large machines. Any way to get the "machines" to work but not have them actually sitting on your farm? I kind of like the look of an old fashioned farm that could of been around a long time ago. The modern equipment sort of clashes with that type of theme. Maybe just have a little "decoration" type tractor for looks but it doesn't have to actually do anything, but the feature of multiple plows/plants/harvests is a cool idea, just not sure if it needs a machine attached to it. :) Thanks again for all you do.

Also, I thought that maybe if instead of increasing land size was to tricky (or might make things run too slow) maybe give us a second farm, starting over. Sort of like in fish world where you can have up to 15 tanks or whatever. You could have farm 1, then a tab for farm 2, etc. Just a thought. Keep up the good work

purpletears
Oct 20 2009, 03:30 PM
i am playing on myspace and i bought the big seeder i went to the fuel station and filled up but when i tried to plant with the seeder it says i have no fuel and the little icon on the top left is not showing any fuel either.

oops never mind i got it figured out.. but my question now is this really sucks for myspace as we still cant recieve our gifts so we wont be able to get free fuel gifted..

archerb55
Oct 20 2009, 03:30 PM
i like the new tools just to look at LOL i hope we can't ever use them on other farms harvesting and plowing now is so fast and it really brings out the worst in alot of greedy people letting them use the tools to do 2 and 4 fields at a time will be a reason for me to quit this..... i hate the aggravation of greedy people

Kraze
Oct 20 2009, 03:34 PM
Barbie, you have to click on the refuel button - worked for me anyway.

I think the big seeder is great thanks Raul - but now I need to rearrange my whole farm into groups of 4 fields!

Claudine Cochran
Oct 20 2009, 03:39 PM
OK.....so you spend all your coinage to buy the farm equipment so you can harvest and plow and plant faster. What happens to your neighbors getting credit for working your farm? Can your neighbors use your equipment to harvest and plow your farm? Is everyone who buys farm equipment going to have to harvest and plow their own farm now to make buying the equipment cost effective? How do experience points and costs work?

LinleeSoo
Oct 20 2009, 03:45 PM
Hi Raul, I purchased the big seeder but it doesn't show on my farm. The coins have been subtracted though. How can I get my seeder to show? I was hoping to use it the next time I planted. Thank you guys!!
LinleeSoo

Dierna
Oct 20 2009, 03:45 PM
Love that the tractors are John Deere Green. Thankfully I have a spot for the new toys.....and thankfully there's no pink tractors like in Farmville (seriously... WTF?!).

julie'sfarm
Oct 20 2009, 03:46 PM
OK, so I bought the Seeder and Harvester (big ones) and I fueled up with 1460 fuel.....how much fuel is it per plot? Is it 1 gallon per plot?? TY!

Basisten
Oct 20 2009, 03:48 PM
I hope you Upgrade Level and Bigger farm Land after this :)

mschoener
Oct 20 2009, 03:50 PM
Since I usually hire someone to harvest and plow, I don't think I'll be buying those, but since I still have to plant myself, I'm sure I'll buy the seeder. Going to go check it out now. Thanks!

Chris Karr
Oct 20 2009, 03:56 PM
Something is going on at the Realtor's office. No one can buy more land. Any idea if they're upgrading anyone?

Ticketmom
Oct 20 2009, 03:59 PM
Can you use these on others farms? Just wanted to check before I purchase. :)

res2680
Oct 20 2009, 04:01 PM
Just bought the solar powered tractor but do not know WHY? I had capability to plow 4 fields b/4 I bought it. What gives???

Zonny
Oct 20 2009, 04:07 PM
I can't get my solar powered plowing machine to do anything, just sits there.

Z

warchant
Oct 20 2009, 04:08 PM
does this answer your question?

can other people use your equipment on your farm?

also, do you still make more money when you hire other people to harvest your farm? or do you make the same when you use the equipment

can't seem to get an answer to this question.

diannevt
Oct 20 2009, 04:09 PM
Can't wait to try the seeder out. I won't be buying the plow or harvester as the interactions from hiring/be hired are amongst my favorite parts of this game.

Drgnhart
Oct 20 2009, 04:10 PM
Yes, when you click on the plow symbol you could already plow 4 fields at a time. So why would anyone want to toss away coin unless its just for aesthetics? Not a complaint, just an observation. Just the large seeder would be my only purchase as I have others to harvest and make me more coin. Is there anyway you could create a link to ones own farm to use a purchased tractor elsewhere? Something like when you open your buddy list and you can send a note to them ... can another window be opened to use tools? (As long as there was a command line met that you were invited to harvest/plow)

nottenst
Oct 20 2009, 04:11 PM
I tried out the seeder today and it worked quite nicely. That seems to be the only tool to use unless somehow you can take one of the other tools to someone else's farm or they can use your tools.

silky
Oct 20 2009, 04:15 PM
no need for any of these to do our OWN farms! makes no sense at all to me,, i wasted my money on all of them,

BecsBerr
Oct 20 2009, 04:16 PM
Such a wicked idea! Thanks so much! Also LOVE the fuel idea. Doesn't give me heaps, but hey, better than nothing.

Yes the big plower is a fantastic idea! I only have 4 friends (as my facebook is only for keeping in touch with family and very close friends) in farmtown, so I didn't have the option to plow 4 fields at once, I also don't have the option of hiring others to plow for me (you need 10 neighbors for this).

So for someone like me, these machines are a godsend. It used to take me ages to plow and seed my farm (as I have the biggest one available at present), so THANK YOU farmtown makers!!!

:)

P.s. in reply to a question further up, I used my big seeder just before, it is 1 fuel per square.

one.happy.farmer
Oct 20 2009, 04:16 PM
I am also curious about how much money you earn harvesting your own crops with the new machines. Is it the same amount you already get harvesting your own crops or is it the amount you get when someone harvests for you?

julie'sfarm
Oct 20 2009, 04:18 PM
P.s. in reply to a question further up, I used my big seeder just before, it is 1 fuel per square.

Thanks so much for the answer! I appreciate it!! :)

Peggy98
Oct 20 2009, 04:20 PM
I think they are great. a real benefit to those with little time
thank you

Basisten
Many were probably disappointed that you can not use the machines on someone else's farm

Alphawolf
Thank you for the tractors!!!! Even though I will only use the seeder Im sure..I did buy the rest simply for asthetics!!!! I ABSOLUTLY LOVE EM !!!!!!

MadamFroggy
Oct 20 2009, 04:22 PM
With everyone's comments about what they want in the next upgrade, I do not think I have seen anyone mention how we need more crops too! There are so many things that could still be planted...asparagus, mushrooms, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, just to name a few things!

We do agree that we need larger farms, especially those of us who have already reached the maximum capacity on our farms. We should also have a store where we can buy new clothes as well.

What do you all think?

Alphawolf
Oct 20 2009, 04:24 PM
I am also curious as this question has been asked but not answered....

Is there a benefit to using the harvestor as opposed to hiring someone?

Meaning will we now get even more for crops harvested with the machine than we did hiring?

Sally Hansen
Oct 20 2009, 04:24 PM
:confused:
Question: Are these for use on our own farms or can they be used when hired for work on other farms??? A large percentage doesn't harvests/plows their own farms these days!!!

Am I to understand you can only use the new tools on your own farm??

Basisten
Oct 20 2009, 04:28 PM
Am I to understand you can only use the new tools on your own farm??

Only on your Farm. :(

KathR
Oct 20 2009, 04:29 PM
How do these work when you hire help? Can the help use your tools?

martyhusker
Oct 20 2009, 04:29 PM
So if they don't work on other farms what is the point. Most don't harvest or plow their own farms. Too bad I didn't read this before I bought them, lol

momma cass
Oct 20 2009, 04:30 PM
Yes, there are so many looking for work, and then I am harvesting, needing xp and the person whips out his plower. Whats the point. I really could use the xp and now I cant even plow?..

Basisten
Oct 20 2009, 04:30 PM
Thats was very Bad. Most people do not harrow plow itself

chipcataldo
Oct 20 2009, 04:31 PM
You should at least get more money per crop if you use the harvesters.

What's the advantage to having these, again?

Peace,

Chip

mp719
Oct 20 2009, 04:34 PM
WoW!!!! loving the new tools! as soon as i saw the fuel tank on the gift page i couldn't load farmtown quick enough! Thanks!

AmandaR
Oct 20 2009, 04:37 PM
I like the little harvester as decoration but unless the tools can be used by harvesters I can't see any great advantage. I like to help lower levels by hiring but this is a 'stay at home and don't interact' tool in a social game.

Fun to look at though.

P.S. The tractor ran over my dog. Will I get compensation for pain and suffering? :)

Hanalei
Oct 20 2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the new tools, BUT...

1. We really should get (at least) the same money we would get if we hired someone to harvest.

2. At the very least, if the person we harvest or plow for ALSO has the tools we purchased, why not let us use them? I can understand that technically it my be difficult to allow us to use the tools of others if we don't own them ourselves. I also understand that if they don't exist on the other farm it could be tricky. IF WE BOTH HAVE THEM it should be easier for you guys to allow us to use them on the other farms that have them.

3. The fuel thing sounds like an unnecessary hassle. If we have the farm cash, let us refuel as often as we want to.

TraceyMush
Oct 20 2009, 04:38 PM
Hummm....it does raise the question. Most of us do not harvest or plow our own fields. l would only use the seeder. ln the future will we be able to use them when we work on other's farms? (Sorry to give you a question when you give us an update!)

papa mac
Oct 20 2009, 04:40 PM
me either. waste of money. we need more levels and land!!!!!!!!!

Chocolate Sprinkles
Oct 20 2009, 04:40 PM
WOO HOO. I bought mine :)

jenius18
Oct 20 2009, 04:41 PM
Anyone else buy the Big Harvester and try to use? I did and it gave me a message it will only work on grass. Charged me 30,000 coins and it didn't work. Went to try it again, and the thing prompted me that I have to buy it AGAIN!!!! What's the deal with that???

Lynda Weetman
Oct 20 2009, 04:43 PM
Just logged on and saw that the new machines were now available so bought the lot.
Tried them all out on small fields and I love them.
Yes, it speeds up the game as all 4 plots load at once so If you only have a limited time to spend on FT you can do your own work in half the time.
Love it, Love it, Love it

Basisten
Oct 20 2009, 04:47 PM
Just logged on and saw that the new machines were now available so bought the lot.
Tried them all out on small fields and I love them.
Yes, it speeds up the game as all 4 plots load at once so If you only have a limited time to spend on FT you can do your own work in half the time.
Love it, Love it, Love it

The Machines CAN NOT use if you hire someone or work on someone Not good

Stormy Gail
Oct 20 2009, 04:51 PM
I'll buy the small harvester because of it's antiquey look...:D

Hanalei
Oct 20 2009, 04:53 PM
So, basically, except for the seeder (which apparently has major glitches) these are just decorations like windmills that don't work, cows that don't give milk, treehouses you can't climb, and hammocks that you can't lay on?

Why on earth would I harvest myself and GET LESS MONEY for the crops, when there are so many people and friends starting out that need the experience points and money?

papa mac
Oct 20 2009, 04:56 PM
so everybody would rather have some tractors than a more challenging gaming experience? Got to 34 quickly now im so bored just harvest and plow. for what, to get money you dont need and points that dont matter. Why are they not working on new levels?????

Farmer Peanut
Oct 20 2009, 04:59 PM
I am super mad I bought a seeder the big one. I fueled up and then went to go and use when when the girl was done plowing and my fuel was gone. every little bit and i dididnt use it for anything I refreshed and everything. :mad:

Texas Belle
Oct 20 2009, 05:00 PM

Peace,

Chip

WOW, and those things are big, I don't have where to put them, not even the small ones, so will continue with the 4 by hand, unless I hire which is the thing I do, maybe, just maybe if i can find a corner I would buy the seeder, but in the long run is going to cost me more money than doing it the old way, we really, really, need more land, more space or new things cannot be bought unless you get rid of other things like trees, animals, buildings, etc...
My own humble opinion,
Celina

relietz
Oct 20 2009, 05:03 PM
So, basically, except for the seeder (which apparently has major glitches) these are just decorations like windmills that don't work, cows that don't give milk, treehouses you can't climb, and hammocks that you can't lay on?

Why on earth would I harvest myself and GET LESS MONEY for the crops, when there are so many people and friends starting out that need the experience points and money?

For the look or for use when you don't have enough time to stick around and make sure someone else finishes...Or don't buy them :P

Come on, people. It's a free app, and one that is maintained and updated regularly, loved and used by many people...So many people asked for these tools, but they didn't have to give them to us - yet they did. They're not going to be loved by everyone, so if it's not for you, just don't use them.

I, for one, love to see things happening to the game. It's exciting! Any changes you guys are willing to spend time on I appreciate, whether or not it's something I'm going to use personally.

One thing that would be nice, for the machines that seed (or whatever) 2 crops at a time, and for the feature that allows you to plow 2 at a time, it would be nice to be able to do two in either direction, not just left to right. If that doesn't happen, I'll live :) but I'd love you guys so much if that was available!

TeriR
Oct 20 2009, 05:03 PM
Raul:
Thanks so very much!!

I see where you have said that a farmer cannot use harvesters bought on someone else's farm when hired, but can the people I hire (hired neighbors or buddies even?) use my harvesters and plowers when working on my farm? Not sure if there is a difference or not, and not being a developer I can't say if they might be able to in the future or not - but isn't it worth the thought?

Thanks so much!!

cis4jc
Oct 20 2009, 05:06 PM
Great tools for the farm.

bcchance
Oct 20 2009, 05:06 PM
WOW, and those things are big, I don't have where to put them, not even the small ones, so will continue with the 4 by hand, unless I hire which is the thing I do, maybe, just maybe if i can find a corner I would buy the seeder, but in the long run is going to cost me more money than doing it the old way, we really, really, need more land, more space or new things cannot be bought unless you get rid of other things like trees, animals, buildings, etc...
My own humble opinion,
Celina

Celina,
You can already sell all the things on your farm including trees, buildings and animals, rivers etc.

DonnaSue
Oct 20 2009, 05:08 PM
AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks developers :-)

lamago
Oct 20 2009, 05:09 PM
STORAGE PLEASE! Although I do really like the new seeder. It would be nice if you could use your tools in other's farms. I do not usually plow or harvest my own farm since I get more out of hiring pp;l. Also can we send our own stuff as gifts to other. So If I bought flag I could gift it to somebody else.

Thanks for the updates.

mpate
Oct 20 2009, 05:11 PM
For the look or for use when you don't have enough time to stick around and make sure someone else finishes...Or don't buy them :P

Come on, people. It's a free app, and one that is maintained and updated regularly, loved and used by many people...So many people asked for these tools, but they didn't have to give them to us - yet they did. They're not going to be loved by everyone, so if it's not for you, just don't use them.

I, for one, love to see things happening to the game. It's exciting! Any changes you guys are willing to spend time on I appreciate, whether or not it's something I'm going to use personally.

I agree. A lot of the things on Farm Town are for aesthetics only (like all of the buildings) but lots of people still buy them. I enjoy Farm Town and appreciate it when I see new things and new options.

Texas Belle
Oct 20 2009, 05:13 PM
Something is going on at the Realtor's office. No one can buy more land. Any idea if they're upgrading anyone?

I hope and pray that we are getting more land, been saving my coins for that land, I am reaching level 34 and need that land even if it is just little by little, but it would help soooo much.

Yes i was at the realtors office and they don't show the land you can buy any more, hopefully something is happening....

savtwins
Oct 20 2009, 05:13 PM
I agree with alot of those who said the interaction with the other farmers, hiring and working for others is the fun part. I also enjoy the decorating...the Halloween decorations are awsome..hope to see this continue with the coming holidays. I also agree with the fact that higher levels have the 4 plow capability. I might try the seeder, but not the others. Please allow us more land and keep the new seeds and decorations coming....Thanks this game is a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):)

jstephensII
Oct 20 2009, 05:16 PM
Thank you Farm Town & Thank you Raul...well done!!!

ohiosweetheart
Oct 20 2009, 05:16 PM
Do these work on other people's farms when you're hired to harvest?

Peace,

Chip
Chip,

no it doesnt

rats, that's where they're really needed. :rolleyes:

SirDaywalker
Oct 20 2009, 05:20 PM
I have no where to put them.
:eek:

Both my farms are jam packed.
:rolleyes:

When will we see more LAND?

Gone Fishin'
Oct 20 2009, 05:20 PM
What fun! I'm fueled up and ready to go! You guys know how to keep us coming back for more! :)

Can't wait to see what you might have up your sleeves for the holidays.

Kornfield Kate
Chickadee Creek Acres

Adolla
Oct 20 2009, 05:23 PM
I bought the seeder but when I went to plant it only planted one field at a time.

cis4jc
Oct 20 2009, 05:24 PM
How do you use them and store them?

Cherazi
Oct 20 2009, 05:24 PM
Love the new tools. Thank you.

krbrown2000
Oct 20 2009, 05:25 PM
The new machines look fun, and I appreciate the developers giving us new things. It's always nice to perk up our interest in the game!

I do have to wonder, though, why we got something like these machines, when, if you read the forums, there seem to be several common things that EVERYONE wants. (Machinery wasn't one of those things!)

1) A way to designate to harvest crops; harvest trees; or plow (i.e. save the trees if you want).
2) Storage for our stuff so we don't have to sell it for a small fraction of what we bought it for.
3) Bigger farms or a second farm.
4) Different crops, more avatar choices;
5) Higher levels.

I know there are lots of other things people want. But people definitely want those things. Reading the forums, I never saw a common demand for machinery.

Just wondering...

writerkimba
Oct 20 2009, 05:26 PM
If you don't need or want the tools, don't buy them. It's that simple!

cis4jc
Great addition to the farm. Thks

Cherazi
How did you get another farm? I've been wanting to get one but don't know how.

cis4jc
Oct 20 2009, 05:28 PM
Storage for new tools?

Norski
Oct 20 2009, 05:29 PM
They are great for harvesting raspberries that a lot of people dont want to harvest and they look cool parked around the farm.

writerkimba
Oct 20 2009, 05:29 PM

You'd need another facebook or myspace account ...

Bobby Jo
Oct 20 2009, 05:30 PM
Machinery is awesome... I LOVE the seeder! Less clicking is always good.

But yeah, I dont get what the harvester and plower are for... if you can't use them on other farms OR have people use yours when plowing and harvesting at your own farm. So thumbs down for those two pieces of machinery ;)

but yay for seeder!

Northwind48
Ok, I like the update and on level 34! BUT.... I have lost all my farmcash? since the update. I had 39$ and now have 2. Why get punished because I didn't use it? I was waiting for Xmas to see what was coming! Whats up with that?

Bobby Jo
You'd need another facebook or myspace account ...

Which i might add that a second FB account is against TOS and could get you banned.

jedly
Oct 20 2009, 05:34 PM
so my browser timed out and when i refreshed all my fuel was gone,,,, whats up with that? it says i can refuel in 6 hrs

joanb
Oct 20 2009, 05:36 PM
The new machines look fun, and I appreciate the developers giving us new things. It's always nice to perk up our interest in the game!

I do have to wonder, though, why we got something like these machines, when, if you read the forums, there seem to be several common things that EVERYONE wants. (Machinery wasn't one of those things!)

1) A way to designate to harvest crops; harvest trees; or plow (i.e. save the trees if you want).
2) Storage for our stuff so we don't have to sell it for a small fraction of what we bought it for.
3) Bigger farms or a second farm.
4) Different crops, more avatar choices;
5) Higher levels.

I know there are lots of other things people want. But people definitely want those things. Reading the forums, I never saw a common demand for machinery.

Just wondering...

I am trying to find out if you can use the machines on other farms. If you can't then why buy a harvester when you get more money for your crops when someone else harvests them. Also when you want to earn money you will not be able to use your machines. still trying to find out how they will work. I got the solar powered plower and it doesn't do any more then the 4 fields we already had. Can't use it on my friends farm.

terriejean
Oct 20 2009, 05:36 PM
:D:D Love the new stuff. Thanks. Just wondering since we got Halloween stuff are we going to get thenaksgiving and christmas stuff? Wish there was a way to delete fields more than one at a time. I like to move my farm around but takes forever. Am in the process of remodeling now.

Ethelinga
Oct 20 2009, 05:37 PM
Will we still be able to hire folk to harvest and plow or is that going to be taken away?

Ethelinga
Oct 20 2009, 05:38 PM
One more question, can workers use machines?

Louise Brennan
Oct 20 2009, 05:39 PM
nice addition thanks

writerkimba
Oct 20 2009, 05:39 PM
Which i might add that a second FB account is against TOS and could get you banned.

*shrug* I know several people who have 2 accounts ...

MizBehavin
Oct 20 2009, 05:41 PM
In reply to other farmer who said quote Just bought a big seeder,,,got pineapples in, so a few days before I can use it,,no fuel though,,so gives me time to save the fuel up,,roll on I cant wait to use it. Not going to bother about the other 2,,still a few neighbours close to 34 unquote ****BE CAREFUL****
__________________ ok so I bought 590 gallons of fuel thinkin I too would stock up til my pineapples are ready to harvest. Logged out, logged in again and the fuel was GONE!!!!! I didn't use it. Money was gone, went to fuel station thinkin it was a glitch and it said no no no only once every 24 hours! I think that sux a bit. :mad::(:confused: But other than that I soooo <3 this game!

http://profile.myspace.com/Modules/Applications/Pages/Canvas.aspx?appId=136385

joanb
Oct 20 2009, 05:43 PM
Machinery is awesome... I LOVE the seeder! Less clicking is always good.

But yeah, I dont get what the harvester and plower are for... if you can't use them on other farms OR have people use yours when plowing and harvesting at your own farm. So thumbs down for those two pieces of machinery ;)

but yay for seeder!
I agree with you. Plower doesn't do any more then we had. 4 fields

papa mac
Oct 20 2009, 05:43 PM

use a second email acct and use it to open a new facebook acct.

Little Wing Farm
Oct 20 2009, 05:44 PM
With as nice as the farm machinery is; I'm not rearranging my farm to put useless items on my farm that can not be used on other peoples farms. That would defeat the purpose.

I have no room. In reading all these forums over the past six months, the only thing people have been asking for is larger land for farms.

I can probably count on all digits how many have asked for tractors, etc. Yes they look nice and do belong on a farm whether it just for aesthetics or actual use.
The fact that you can only use it on your own farm is making you lose money.
I love my trees but am willing to take the chance of hiring from marketplace to make more money than lose money by harvesting my myself.

I would prefer to spend all my money on more land than waste it on a tractor, seeder, or plower since I have no where to put any, anyway.

BubbaC
Oct 20 2009, 05:44 PM
HI,
First let me start by saying this game is enjoyable. With regard to the new farm machinery available, I would like to suggest a way to allow each machine to be fueled once per day, or an alternate way to buy fuel. I bought a second big seeder in hopes I could fuel it once a day like the first one, and was disappointed. I now have 2 big seeders and one refuel does only half my farm. Seems a bit useless. How do friends give you fuel? Or how do I give a friend fuel? That is still unclear.

Texas Belle
Oct 20 2009, 05:46 PM
Celina,
You can already sell all the things on your farm including trees, buildings and animals, rivers etc.

You know you started me thinking, lol
I can always clear out a field, put everything there, like buildings, etc, and start rearranging, of course out of 2 barns I would leave one, of the silos, the same thing, so maybe just maybe i can make it until we can buy more land, of the new things, they are beautiful, great, but I still hire out and can seed by hand, my avatar never gets tired, just busy, lol

Thanks for making me use my brain, http://www.slashkey.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif
Celina

corazon51
Oct 20 2009, 05:46 PM
that's rig ht,unless they expand the farm size,what do we need the tractors for?

Patricia_B2009
Oct 20 2009, 05:47 PM
::mad:Yeah some new tools yeah right but you take away us hiring our friends and we cant be on the same farm at the same time etc oh Bull , now that is a stupid development. Now I have been raving about the new harvesting change and then you all do this mess, and now noone will want to hire anyone to do anything to help them out, oh this is just not coshure, this is NOT fair not at all. this makes me want to just forget about FT altogether. and just Think I JUST GOt done spending my hard working coins on this thing, oh noooooo makes me want to stop playing an referring my friends period.:mad:mad

(This is from one of my friends which I Love to death and enjoy working for not to mention so many many others......) I want my 30,000 coins :mad back.....

DeeAnn Trisha U Can Hire People From The Market Place, We Just Can't Hire Each Other 2 Do Anything Anymore-Not Even 2 Be @ The Same Farm @ The Same Time-I'm Gonna Really Miss That!! It's Gonna Get Some Getting Use 2-We Can Buy Fuel Though W/Coins Not $$-It'll Be Cool Once We Get The Hang Of This!!

Hi,

100 Gallongs for each fuel tank you receive from your friends

Thanks.

Texas Belle
Oct 20 2009, 05:49 PM
:D:D Love the new stuff. Thanks. Just wondering since we got Halloween stuff are we going to get thenaksgiving and christmas stuff? Wish there was a way to delete fields more than one at a time. I like to move my farm around but takes forever. Am in the process of remodeling now.

That would be great, just like when harvesting now that it asks you if you want to continue with that method...good idea. It does take forever to clear out a field asking you one at a time if you want to delete. I know it is a preventory question, but if we are clearing out the whole thing, it would be so helpful to just do it one time and click away..

jenjenjofer
Oct 20 2009, 05:51 PM
can the harvest and plow tools be used when working on farms you are hired on?

Patricia_B2009
Oct 20 2009, 05:51 PM
You are only on level 1, wait till you get as high as some of us and get boo coos of neighbors and then u become friends with them, and see how mad you will be. :mad:
You know you started me thinking, lol
I can always clear out a field, put everything there, like buildings, etc, and start rearranging, of course out of 2 barns I would leave one, of the silos, the same thing, so maybe just maybe i can make it until we can buy more land, of the new things, they are beautiful, great, but I still hire out and can seed by hand, my avatar never gets tired, just busy, lol

Thanks for making me use my brain, http://www.slashkey.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif
Celina

hoppnjoe
Oct 20 2009, 05:56 PM
dose the tools move across the firelds by themselfs or do we have to use them like farmvile? thanks

NOW PLEASE LET US HAVE MORE LEVELS AND CROPS

Plaidpooka
Oct 20 2009, 05:57 PM
I bought the big solar powered plow, and I wish I'd read about it here first. There is no difference to me plowing with the plow or plowing with my avatar. It's only 4 fields at a time, which I could do before, and my avatar still walks around like she's doing it herself. I see no difference except that now I have a tractor sitting around. Will there be any benefit to having this tractor in the future? Will it ever be able to do more than I already could do, like 6-8 plots at a time?

canadian mom
Oct 20 2009, 05:59 PM
now why on earth can you develpors not make the Farm Dollars work almost the same way

Texas Belle
Oct 20 2009, 05:59 PM

Yes and what's the use if you cannot link it with your farm as a continuation of your work? Risky Business...I will wait for more land, thank you very much....

OWP
Oct 20 2009, 06:01 PM
We don't need the junk we need more land first!!

DonnaSue
Oct 20 2009, 06:01 PM
Barbie, you have to click on the refuel button - worked for me anyway.

I think the big seeder is great thanks Raul - but now I need to rearrange my whole farm into groups of 4 fields!

No need to re-arrange into groups of 4!!!

I bought the 4 group seeded, tried it on mine and it adjusts to seed what you have :-)

So if you have 2 plots going back to bak or side to side or even aorund a corner, it works just fine!! I absolutely love it!!!:D

Crops-R-Us
Oct 20 2009, 06:02 PM
Listen, some people DO NOT have enough neighbors to be able to use the 4-plow tool, and so, if you really think about it, the Plower is GOOD for those people. :)

Also, I recall many people wanting "machines" and yet, they get them, and now COMPLAIN about them !!!!! ROFLMFAO !!!!

This thread is packed with people asking the same questions, even after the question has already been answered.

READ people !!!

I get amused when the players ask for something, they get it, then they complain about it. So these threads really are for amusement. :)

So when new land, new seeds, new decorations come out, get ready for ALL OF THE COMPLAINTS !!!!!!

Why not be grateful, use it, or don't. Pretty simple !

melapet
Oct 20 2009, 06:04 PM
Love the new equipment!! Makes trying to get XPs easier since we have to get so many at lever 34. I was beginning to lose interest. Trying to just wait for you guys to keep improving.

Abrasive
Oct 20 2009, 06:04 PM
Well, I probably don't need them all but.... I bought them all anyway. haha! I just parked them wherever. I'll make a place for them on the next rebuild.

Texas Belle
Oct 20 2009, 06:06 PM
You are only on level 1, wait till you get as high as some of us and get boo coos of neighbors and then u become friends with them, and see how mad you will be. :mad:

NO, I am on LEVEL 33, with 140,000 xpoints so luckily will be 34 within the next week or so...If I were a level 1, i would only have potatoes and nothing to worry about....

I have a lake, the big barn, the big silo, all the current things which i bought with my own money, before everyone started whinning about farm dollars, i went to paypal and bought away, I really love this game and I am all for it, love my neighbors, and only hire within them as they hire me too. Don't know why i would have to be mad about, if you don't like something don't buy it, and if you do, rearrange, and wait...I am sure we will get more land, these people are doing the best they can with all of our requests, patience,

Celina
Level 33, still not acknowleged by this forum...

Gellalee
Oct 20 2009, 06:06 PM
I really like the seeder and the way the fuel works, but if it means I have to give up working at my friends farms, I would have to say I would prefer the old way. That option is what sets FT apart and makes it much more fun. Now if we could use these pieces of equipment at other peoples farms, that would make them ideal.

We also need the extra farm. There are lots of cool things and not enough room to use them. Thanks!

juliepurkis05
Oct 20 2009, 06:07 PM
I am already seeing problems I fuled up and never used the fuel due today i was waiting for crops to be done and my fuel is gone???????????????????:mad:

Patricia_B2009
Oct 20 2009, 06:10 PM
some of us never asked for this stuff, especially when they turn around and take things which mean alot to the farmers, etc like being able to hire ur friends if u want to whether u own of those so called machines or not, to some people its the only way they can communicate.......

Listen, some people DO NOT have enough neighbors to be able to use the 4-plow tool, and so, if you really think about it, the Plower is GOOD for those people. :)

Also, I recall many people wanting "machines" and yet, they get them, and now COMPLAIN about them !!!!! ROFLMFAO !!!!

This thread is packed with people asking the same questions, even after the question has already been answered.

READ people !!!

I get amused when the players ask for something, they get it, then they complain about it. So these threads really are for amusement. :)

So when new land, new seeds, new decorations come out, get ready for ALL OF THE COMPLAINTS !!!!!!

SandiOne
Oct 20 2009, 06:12 PM
Got all 3 because I wanted them, not needed them. I will use the small seeder. Park the tractor and (TRY TO) build something to showcase my vintage harvester!

I have a lot to learn about this game but I hit level 33 yesterday and am a very happy farmer so far! Thanks everyone.

Patricia_B2009
Oct 20 2009, 06:12 PM
Excuse me its what I found out after I done bought it thank you....this is why it makes me mad..it would u to admit it.

NO, I am on LEVEL 33, with 140,000 xpoints so luckily will be 34 within the next week or so...If I were a level 1, i would only have potatoes and nothing to worry about....

I have a lake, the big barn, the big silo, all the current things which i bought with my own money, before everyone started whinning about farm dollars, i went to paypal and bought away, I really love this game and I am all for it, love my neighbors, and only hire within them as they hire me too. Don't know why i would have to be mad about, if you don't like something don't buy it, and if you do, rearrange, and wait...I am sure we will get more land, these people are doing the best they can with all of our requests, patience,

Celina
Level 33, still not acknowleged by this forum...

OWP
Oct 20 2009, 06:15 PM

READ people !!!

Now don't be rude or they will send you a message saying not to be rude to people.I have never been rude,I tell it like it is,people read before you write! Now is that rude?

stangdriver
Oct 20 2009, 06:17 PM
Nice additions!

IMOKRU
Oct 20 2009, 06:19 PM
I agree - the greediness is horrible. I challenged one young man (I could tell by the way he replied) and he said that Farm Town was a battle game and that it was each man for himself. What a rotten attitude he had! I'm in midlife and I enjoy sharing. If I go to a farm to work and have a selfish co-worker, I message the owner and say thanks but I can't work with greedy people. Then I leave.

melapet
Oct 20 2009, 06:22 PM
Some of these people act as if they were getting real money!! Good Grief. I have lots of friends, but still do most of my harvesting, plowing, and planting myself. I love the new machines. I won't buy the plower, because it isn't needed, but love being able to harvest or seed 4, 3, or 2 fields at a time. You can do any number of fields with the large machine. Just as you can plow any number of fields with the 4 square.
It's a game! Enjoy it and take the gifts as they are created.

lizjfox
Oct 20 2009, 06:23 PM
So if you can only use it on your own farm, if I understand, you lose the advantage of having neighbors work for you?

bressa
Oct 20 2009, 06:25 PM
i thought that they would move around your farm im a lil disappointed but i like them

OWP
Oct 20 2009, 06:26 PM
Yepthats right !!!

Hanalei
Oct 20 2009, 06:28 PM
Wait a second.

That other post says we can no longer hire friends to harvest or plow, just from the marketplace?

Is that true? (No friends on line right now to try it with)

timv
Oct 20 2009, 06:36 PM
Yet another homerun by FarmTown... Thanks for the new tools and most of all a realistic Fuel plan!

Ozfarmer
Oct 20 2009, 06:39 PM
Great additions, I have been playing FT since he first came out, people are greedy and love to complain, like any new farm just coming out, let them earn the new tools, then they would appreciate new additions such as this. Let them harvest manually and at a certain level be awarded the harvests, seeder and plower as fruits of their labour. Then they have something worthwhile to complain about.

We did it the hard way, had to wait for the bar to be complete before moving on to the next field, that was hard work and time consuming, but we reached Level 34 without complaining.

Very nice additions and very welcomed, good work Bert and developers.

Mrs Giles
Oct 20 2009, 06:40 PM
I hired my friends to harvest and plow after the update, so I guess that answers your question Hanalei.

trking
Oct 20 2009, 06:41 PM
WHY would you even harvest your OWN ****? Why would you EVEN PLOW your own ****? I can understand PLANTING, but, come on!!!!!! What a stupid and rediculous upgrade ..... who's brains are behind this???? It's SILLY!!!!!!

MEAN FARMER
Oct 20 2009, 06:46 PM
even if i dont use them i still love the new tools what is a farm without the machines Lol visit my farm and check for ur self LoL

PapaG
Oct 20 2009, 06:50 PM
Love the new tools, I will only use the seeder but they look good sitting there.
I bought them mostly for the XPs anyway.

Thank You!

aerogirl2003
Oct 20 2009, 06:51 PM
Do we know if you still get experience points for using the seeder and the plower?

Gemini6767
Oct 20 2009, 06:53 PM
I love them I love them I LOVE them! :-) Thank you to the developers for continuing to work on this FREE, extremely fun, game! I have, unfortunately, read a lot of negative posts in the forum and that is too bad. Enjoy what you have everyone and be grateful that the developers of this game continue to offer it to you at no cost to you AND continue to come out with timely game enhancements.

Thanks again developers!

mzbuns
Oct 20 2009, 06:55 PM
WHY would you even harvest your OWN ****? Why would you EVEN PLOW your own ****? I can understand PLANTING, but, come on!!!!!! What a stupid and rediculous upgrade ..... who's brains are behind this???? It's SILLY!!!!!!

TAKE A CHILL PILL:eek:

PapaG
Oct 20 2009, 06:56 PM
Do we know if you still get experience points for using the seeder and the plower?

I did and was hired by a neibor who bought all of them.

OWP
Oct 20 2009, 06:57 PM

Now thats funny right there lol

Mrs Dean Winchester
Oct 20 2009, 06:57 PM
I have no room to store anything on my farm LOL

SO wont be buying them.

And i wonder if these tools will cut down on the work even more now ?

Enjoy them, those that like them :)

beth069
Oct 20 2009, 07:00 PM
I want to make sure I understand, They don't work on other people's farms

THGina
Oct 20 2009, 07:00 PM
Thank you for this new release! I love it. Farm Town just keeps improving!

luan
Oct 20 2009, 07:04 PM
how about when we use the harvester, do we get 25% more for the price of the crop, same as when we get others to harvest?

Basisten
Oct 20 2009, 07:04 PM
Can not believe how you can like them new machines. When you can not even use them when you hire someone or work with someone

OWP
Oct 20 2009, 07:05 PM
you are right Beth they are junk.

phamton
Oct 20 2009, 07:07 PM

Because some people do NOT have enough neighbors. My husband ended up adding people as friends on facebook that he did not even know just so he could have enough neighbors. He went to this forum and got 4 complete strangers to be his neighbors or else he would not be able to hire anyone to plow for him. And he also couldn't use the 4 plot plow because of the lack of neighbors. I think it is great for people who don't have neighbors and don't want to add strangers to facebook just to play a game.

I don't need the tractor as I can plow 4 plots without it or hire someone else to plow for me but not everyone can do that. I bought the seeder and that is all I need.

Hanalei
Oct 20 2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks for answering that! I don't know why that poster said that we now couldn't hire friends to harvest if we bought the "tools."

As far as complaining? Hey! This is a discussion forum. How are the developers supposed to know what is good and bad without feedback.

So, thanks for the tools, but, some good suggestions have been made for improvement, and I do hope you are listening.

1. Allow us to use our purchased tools on other farms.
2. Why restrict purchasing gas?

As far as the game itself?

1. Allow a second farm or to expand after maxing.
2. I'd like to see things be more proportional
3. It would be nice to be able to milk a cow, etc.
4. It would be nice to be able to use objects, climb on tractors, lay in hammocks, etc.
5. Could we please get new Avatar clothes options?

Retrophyt
Oct 20 2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks developers! These machines sound like a good addition. Thing is, you don't have to buy them.
I love all the new things the developers keep coming up with.
Happy Planting!

Nytejagldy
Oct 20 2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks so much Raul...This is great...Keep the surprises coming....

lynnratten
Oct 20 2009, 07:19 PM
Thank you so much for the new tools. have one problem and that is where do i store them they are so big..a better idea would have been to have them on an icon that we could just click rather than placing them on precious land

cooder
Oct 20 2009, 07:22 PM
I purchased the machines because I like them! Just like any other thing I have purchased. Thanks for all the hard work you have put in to farmtown! This is a free game and think I will take what I get. I can see a great advantage for someone that has only a few friends that play the game. When you release new things and smooth out the bugs good job I know is one heck of a job doing code to make a game. No complaints from me! Don't like it don't buy it is my thought on the matter. It was cheap enough. Thanks again!

rckoep@comcast.net
Oct 20 2009, 07:22 PM
I bought all the new tools.
When and got fuel
Neighbors sent me fuel too
Then I go to use it and it says no fuel
Went back to fuel store to make sure I did it right
Now says I have to wait to buy more fuel.
It took the fuel from my neighbors and the fuel I earned.
I got ZIP,0, NODDA, no fuel
So is this gonna happen everytime I tryto get fuel.
It owes me 860 gallons of fuel
Claire Koep
rckoep@comcast.net
I want my fuel!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmer_Susan
Oct 20 2009, 07:27 PM
They are great for harvesting raspberries that a lot of people dont want to harvest and they look cool parked around the farm.

Hmmm. Now I hadn't thought of that. I do wish the developers would consider letting hirees use the tools so we can buy the cool tools and still get the extra coins and points we get from hiring others to work our farms.

But, like others have said, I DO love all the work the developers put in on the game - the fact there are frequent upgrades and new stuff to enjoy. I'm definitely still a Farm Town addict - just wish we didn't have to choose between hiring people and using cool tools.

Patricia_B2009
Oct 20 2009, 07:27 PM
Couldn't agree with u more....I am so upset bout it, I bought one then I found out you cant hire your friends n neighbors when u got one, this is no wrong and cannot be on the same farm at same time, now that is totally messed up.:mad:

Can not believe how you can like them new machines. When you can not even use them when you hire someone or work with someone

rjowell
Oct 20 2009, 07:28 PM
Do we get the same number of coins per harvested field using the Big/Small Harvesters that we would get when we hire someone else to come in and harvest??

If not, then why buy them?

- rjowell

Maryleedaggett
Oct 20 2009, 07:28 PM
I have been playing FT for almost a year now. Before it was so easy to plow, plant, harvest and level up. I personally think that new players have gotten everything so quickly that they are spoiled. But that's off subject. Thank you for the continual upgrades. I love them. I had to clear a space but I bought all the equipment and now have a machine yard. Keep on! Can't wait to see what you do for Christmas and to see if we get storage for temporarily unused goodies.

Patricia_B2009
Oct 20 2009, 07:29 PM
It would be a whole lot better if they would stop putting limitations on things we are so used to and then taking them away, like we are being punished children....and where is all the Extra Land at and the new levels ?????

And what is the use when u get to level 34 what use is the tools anyway??

Hmmm. Now I hadn't thought of that. I do wish the developers would consider letting hirees use the tools so we can buy the cool tools and still get the extra coins and points we get from hiring others to work our farms.

But, like others have said, I DO love all the work the developers put in on the game - the fact there are frequent upgrades and new stuff to enjoy. I'm definitely still a Farm Town addict - just wish we didn't have to choose between hiring people and using cool tools.

bgreen1960
Oct 20 2009, 07:30 PM
Okay...I love the new toys. Bought the Big Seeder, but it's not working. It does not seem to be planting when I click on plant seeds. It takes me to the seed selection, but only highlights one field at a time, instead of four. I'm sure I am doing something wrong. Please help:confused:

busybevie
Oct 20 2009, 07:33 PM
This upgrade is great! I thought about waiting to see if you will release the equipment in different colors, but what the heck, I had to get 'em.
I already have dirt on my tires! lol
I never have to hire again!!!!
Now for the BIG ? When are we going to get some more land?
jk I know you're working on it.
Love you guys!!!!
Beverly

Hanalei
Oct 20 2009, 07:33 PM
Do we get the same number of coins per harvested field using the Big/Small Harvesters that we would get when we hire someone else to come in and harvest??

If not, then why buy them?

- rjowell

No you don't. You get the same coins you would get harvesting yourself.
:(

ChrisSFT
Oct 20 2009, 07:35 PM
My avatar isn't moving - I harvested and nothing happened, so I clicked on "Play" to restart the game - the plots were harvested and stored - now I can't go in and sell them. If I want to retrieve a gift, avatar says , wait I'm busy! HELP - don't know what to do! :confused:

Nancy SS
Oct 20 2009, 07:37 PM
I recieve this message over & over again. Not sure if it real or not because i've done it twice now to no avail so im assuming it is falsed plz advise .........Farm Town now has one million players. In celebration of this, they are rewarding us in this manner. Send this information to 10 players and your points will be doubled. Send to 30 players and your property will be enlarged. :)

THANKS IN ADVANCE,

NANCY SS

pjbrundage
Oct 20 2009, 07:37 PM
These new toys are great but when are we going to get more land to expand our farms.

PupLover
Oct 20 2009, 07:39 PM
I agree with Chip. We need bigger farms! ;)

janislb
Oct 20 2009, 07:41 PM
If everyone starts using the plower to do their own farms - how will we be able to get XP points plowing??:confused:

omalleyfamily
Oct 20 2009, 07:41 PM
I am unclear about the problems others seem to be having with hiring neighbors after purchasing vehicles. I've just hired 2 neighbors (I had a couple of trees ready, so I was experimenting). We're now all on the same farm, and they were able to harvest....so what's the deal? Why's everyone having a cow about this? What is it that people aren't able to do now?

janislb
Oct 20 2009, 07:42 PM
I recieve this message over & over again. Not sure if it real or not because i've done it twice now to no avail so im assuming it is falsed plz advise .........Farm Town now has one million players. In celebration of this, they are rewarding us in this manner. Send this information to 10 players and your points will be doubled. Send to 30 players and your property will be enlarged. :)

THANKS IN ADVANCE,

NANCY SS

*this is SPAM - do not reply to it

lizjfox
Oct 20 2009, 07:42 PM
I LOVE the new seeder. Not only does it reconfigure itself on the fly to 4,2, or 1 but the finishing process is also 4x as fast. Thank you.
Still thinking about the other two though. I love my neighbors ... they have become friends. I will continue to hire them because this game is about so much more than clicking boxes. Thanks for the great job on the seeder.

roxo2466
Oct 20 2009, 07:44 PM
Funny to me since so many people who want to keep the fruit on their trees for the color seem to always get the people who will harvest the trees anyway and here I am looking for tree harvesters and struggling to find them!

That is funny.. I always tell them not to yet I get stripped bare.
At this time only the seeders make sense to most players. The little machines could be used aesthetically as someone else mentioned..

peachcookiesme
Oct 20 2009, 07:48 PM
If you are using the Harvester do you get the larger size harvests that you get if you have other people do the harvests for you?

Lioness59
Oct 20 2009, 07:54 PM
I think there brill and look great parked on my road on my farm

Hanalei
Oct 20 2009, 07:54 PM
If you are using the Harvester do you get the larger size harvests that you get if you have other people do the harvests for you?

NO.

It's been answered several times, including just a few posts back. Reading the thread is useful.

photogla1
Oct 20 2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the fun equipment, however, please....we still need a beat-up pick up truck.

Auntie Amy
Oct 20 2009, 08:01 PM
So then does it not give XP to plow for someone else-or the advantage to have someone plow for you not happen if you plow for yourself etc? Thanks. I do like how you figured out the fuel feature--oh that's cool-"Fuel Feature:)"

pinilla2006
Oct 20 2009, 08:03 PM
are we going to be able to use the new tools on our neighbors or others farms, or just our own?

rebecainmi
Oct 20 2009, 08:05 PM
With everyone's comments about what they want in the next upgrade, I do not think I have seen anyone mention how we need more crops too! There are so many things that could still be planted...asparagus, mushrooms, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, just to name a few things!

We do agree that we need larger farms, especially those of us who have already reached the maximum capacity on our farms. We should also have a store where we can buy new clothes as well.

What do you all think?
Absolutely agree!!! I thought this was suppose to be an interactive game. If you have a harvester, a plower and a seeder there is no reason to have friends.
I would much rather have more crops to choose from....or fertilizer to buy to make your crops grow faster. It seems like a lot more effort could have been put else where instead of machines that you don't have room for.

A change of clothes would be awesome!!! Yoville even lets you personalize how you look. I'm at level 34 and can't go any further, but by god I can buy a harvester that takes money away from someone else, or I can buy a plower that takes experience points away from someone that needs them.

Acidrain71
Oct 20 2009, 08:10 PM
Sorry am I missing something??? What is the point of the tractor, since we can already plow 4 fields at once?

JohnDeer75
Oct 20 2009, 08:13 PM
Great additions, I have been playing FT since he first came out, people are greedy and love to complain, like any new farm just coming out, let them earn the new tools, then they would appreciate new additions such as this. Let them harvest manually and at a certain level be awarded the harvests, seeder and plower as fruits of their labour. Then they have something worthwhile to complain about.

We did it the hard way, had to wait for the bar to be complete before moving on to the next field, that was hard work and time consuming, but we reached Level 34 without complaining.

Very nice additions and very welcomed, good work Bert and developers.

No offense, but just because you've been playing it longer doesn't mean you've had it harder and deserve what you have any more than anyone else. We all have to work to earn coins/xp points and progress through the levels.

In a way, people DO earn these new tools because they do have to work to earn the money to buy them...they aren't cheap.

The way you describe it, having to wait for the progress bar to complete before moving on is in fact time consuming, but I wouldn't call it "hard work" as you have. Unless you count the strain on your clicking finger. :p

Basically what I'm saying is, there's no need to come down on people just because they happened to join this game AFTER all these new features & upgrades.

People would buy these pieces of equipment even if they didn't do anything, if they were merely decoration. But since they do actually work (in their own little way) it does make more sense if we could use them in conjunction with hiring other farmers.

raneyr
Oct 20 2009, 08:19 PM

One thing that would be nice, for the machines that seed (or whatever) 2 crops at a time, and for the feature that allows you to plow 2 at a time, it would be nice to be able to do two in either direction, not just left to right. If that doesn't happen, I'll live :) but I'd love you guys so much if that was available!

i think it stinks. to much like farmville the fun of farmtown was hiring and getting hired. everyone will get away from that now. very disappointed. would r
ather had more land!!!!!

Farmer_Susan
Oct 20 2009, 08:23 PM
Just bought the Big Seeder and I LOVE it! It made the planting process so much faster and besides that - it made me feel super cool. :)

::::: adjusting John Deere cap :::::

Not sure yet if I'll buy the others, 'cause I like hiring workers - but huge thanks for the Big Seeder! Great addition and mine works just fine.

♪Jeanne♪
Oct 20 2009, 08:24 PM
I love the new tools. Even if they were for decoration they are good additions. I may even plant some of the quick turn crops for a while just to play with them. I still plan on hiring though. You still get the extra percentage if you hire.:)

Julia2654
Oct 20 2009, 08:31 PM
Ohhh lordy, something else to argue about!!!:D:D:D

cassieedeters
Oct 20 2009, 08:34 PM
I bought the big harvester today, and tried to use it once.Was excited that it didn't tale forever to harvest all my crops. Went to marketplace to sell, and didn't get coins for it. Went back to my farm and all my crops were astill there. Refreshed ENTIRE GAME went back and tried again, still will not work. I have also tried to just do one field at a time, still won't work. At this rate, my stuff is going to be rotten before I can harvest it.....

Jim Cullen
Oct 20 2009, 08:35 PM
We need some wider bridges over streams to be able to drive the new harvester, plower, seeder across the streams - the bridges are too narrow.

Themommy
Oct 20 2009, 08:36 PM
Do you still receive XP when you plow and plant using the machinery? How many XP will you get?

phamton
Oct 20 2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry am I missing something??? What is the point of the tractor, since we can already plow 4 fields at once?

Not everyone can plow 4 fields at once. You have to have 8 neighbors. you also can't hire anyone to plow for you until you have 8 neighbors. Some people will never have that many neighbors unless they add complete strangers to their facebook just so they will be a neighbor (which is what my husband had to do.) I think he would have rather been able to purchase a tractor but now he has 4 people that he doesn't even know just so he can play the game a little more effectively.

Just bought the Big Seeder and I LOVE it! It made the planting process so much faster and besides that - it made me feel super cool. :)

::::: adjusting John Deere cap :::::

Not sure yet if I'll buy the others, 'cause I like hiring workers - but huge thanks for the Big Seeder! Great addition and mine works just fine.

Would you mind going through the step-by-step of using the Big Seeder? I just purchased one and then have had 2 friends give me a gift of fuel but I don't know what to do. People keep saying their fuel says empty so I don't want to miss a step and lose my fuel. The seeder is sitting on my farm and my 2 gifts of fuel or still waiting on me to click: "use." Do I click on the gifted gas cans first or what.

sweetwhisper70
Oct 20 2009, 08:39 PM
I dont get what is the use of the plowing tractor, it does the same as amount of plots as before. We already had the 4 plots plowing. I got it thinking it would plow more then what we already had, guess now I got it just for looks.

lmadden
Oct 20 2009, 08:44 PM
will there ever be more land released???

warchant
Oct 20 2009, 08:45 PM
i don't understand why people are so upset about the harvester. you still get more money when you hire someone. therefore, for most people, the game isn't going to change.

OWP
Oct 20 2009, 08:45 PM
We need some wider bridges over streams to be able to drive the new harvester, plower, seeder across the streams - the bridges are too narrow.

make bridges with stones and stone walls.they look better then the ones you buy anyway.

OWP
Oct 20 2009, 08:46 PM
will there ever be more land released???

I don't see it ever coming.

Farmer_Susan
Oct 20 2009, 08:50 PM
Ohhh lordy, something else to argue about!!!:D:D:D

ROTFLOL!!!!! Yep!

australiagyrl
Oct 20 2009, 08:53 PM
You still have to have 10 neighbors in order to use the big seeder/plower. So adding strangers is still the only way if you don't have enough neighbors.

I love my new seeder, THANK YOU!!!! I would also think about buying the harvester and plower as there are alot of times when I come online that my friends aren't here and I don't feel like going to the market. I'd just rather get it done myself. Especially since I love to save my tree's and you never know when you hire strangers at the market. Great additions, Thanks again :)

I can't believe the number of people whinging :confused: If you don't want it, don't buy it.... pretty simple ;)

I'm grateful for these additions, especially the way the fuel works :D

Ebony Jones
Oct 20 2009, 08:54 PM
I like how a myriad of people ask the same two or three questions over and over again. It is like they don't bother to read anything before they post.

It is funny how people will buy things before they know how they work, then complain because they don't need it.

This game is awesome. I can't wait to use the new seeder.

Jim Cullen
Oct 20 2009, 08:54 PM
make bridges with stones and stone walls.they look better then the ones you buy anyway.

Great idea, thanks! Do you have to put dirt down across the water first before placing the stones and stone walls?

Farmer_Susan
Oct 20 2009, 08:55 PM
Would you mind going through the step-by-step of using the Big Seeder? I just purchased one and then have had 2 friends give me a gift of fuel but I don't know what to do. People keep saying their fuel says empty so I don't want to miss a step and lose my fuel. The seeder is sitting on my farm and my 2 gifts of fuel or still waiting on me to click: "use." Do I click on the gifted gas cans first or what.

I'm not sure this is right, but it worked for me. All I did was buy the Seeder, then go to the Map and click on "Fuel Station". It started adding up all my points and worked like a charm. I didn't have to do anything else. I haven't had any gifted fuel yet but I'm assuming it would work the same way. There are instructions in the first post but I read instructions only when all else fails. ;) But if you want the REAL scoop on it, I'd suggest reading the first post in this thread.

mprice@coastalnet.com
Oct 20 2009, 08:55 PM
It's fine until the computer blinks and refreshes after you have harvested. When refreshed the fuel was gone, had a lot before it blinked and field not harvested. Had to get people to harvest. Shows you, you can't do without people

Acidrain71
Oct 20 2009, 08:57 PM
I'm just always happy to have new stuff in the game. Even if I only use the new tools occasionally, they were inexpensive enough and look cool enough just to have them anyway.

patison
Oct 20 2009, 09:04 PM
I bought the big seeder, that is the only machine that makes sense to me. We hire the other jobs to be done and that's how folks make their money and xp points. I like the seeder, I've already used it. Would love to have more land or even start a 2nd farm. That would probably be what I would love the most, different theme and get to work towards something again. I have my mansion and now I'm bored. Thank you so much for this game, I've loved it, please expand for those who are now level 34 to give us something new to work towards. God Bless you and thanks again
:)

glass papaya
Oct 20 2009, 09:09 PM
I love the new machinery. I bought 'em all, don't care if I ever use the tractor and harvester or not because I like how they look. They are no more useless than the haunted farmhouse I bought.

If you don't want them don't buy them. If you want to hire other people to harvest and plow for you, hire other people to harvest and plow for you. You don't have to change that just because there are a few new toys in the store.

These machines would be very nice for the players that are not into the social aspect of the game.

OWP
Oct 20 2009, 09:13 PM
Great idea, thanks! Do you have to put dirt down across the water first before placing the stones and stone walls?

no just the stone paths will do it,

KevinMH
Oct 20 2009, 09:13 PM
I bought all of the tools as soon as I saw they were available. Haven't used them yet, don't even care if they do or dont work. They look cool and were inexpensive.

Thanks for the new features and keep them coming! I have faith in the theory of more land and I believe it will come in time.

Some of you people are funny. You seem to think that all it takes is a wave of a magic wand or something to make changes to this game. It takes time, building, testing, correcting, improving, implementing and distributing of these changes. Some of them require a huge overhaul in the whole game or even getting most of the way through a project and find it is not gonna work so to go back and restart again just to satisfy a bunch of whining people who are playing a free game. You ask for something, in time the devs have been accomidating, and you still complain about it. "ALL our hard work!" Are you serious? you are clicking a button on your mouse! Sit back, relax, enjoy your FREE game for what it offers, be happy with whatever the devs improve on AGAIN FOR FREE. There are plenty of other FREE games availabe on Facebook to pass your time if you are exhausted with Farmtown. Harvest your fields, leave your farm as is and take a break. Come back in a few weeks and check to see if there are improvements that will satisfy you. If not....continue your break. Very Simple

racquel
Oct 20 2009, 09:34 PM
If you can't use them on other peoples farms doesn't that in affect put Marketplace out of business. What would be the point in buying the equipment, you get more money frompeople harvesting I am sorry but I don't really understand this course of action I agree that more land should be available

Pirate Kel
Oct 20 2009, 09:35 PM
sorry if this question has been answered but I am so tired that all the words are merging together lol..... when you purchase the new tools, do they sit on your farm or go where things like the watering can are?

Dutchie
Oct 20 2009, 09:36 PM
sorry if this question has been answered but I am so tired that all the words are merging together lol..... when you purchase the new tools, do they sit on your farm or go where things like the watering can are?

You place them on your farm just like trees, houses or anything else you buy. When you get fuel, a little gas can shows up underneath you "coin" and "farm cash" things upper left.

Have fun!

racquel
Oct 20 2009, 09:37 PM
Hear hear. Just to point out I am not complaining just trying to understand the tools if someone can explain to me that would be great

TrinityOaks
Oct 20 2009, 09:38 PM
THANK YOU for letting us earn and gift the fuel!!!!!!!

pcchefjane
Oct 20 2009, 09:38 PM

At times if I am in a hurry to get to bed, I plow while someone harvests for me. I got on a couple of times and could find no one to harvest that were my neighbors so I harvested my own to avoid losing them.

cute
Oct 20 2009, 09:40 PM
I like the little harvester as decoration but unless the tools can be used by harvesters I can't see any great advantage. I like to help lower levels by hiring but this is a 'stay at home and don't interact' tool in a social game.

Fun to look at though.

P.S. The tractor ran over my dog. Will I get compensation for pain and suffering? :)

That mr lol sry

Lady Loki
Oct 20 2009, 09:43 PM
Yay! I bought the small seeder because the big one is too industrial looking for my quaint farm. I would rather be able to seed 4 plots at a time, but I don't want my little piece of heaven to look like commercial farming, and the small one is not as antique looking as I would have preferred.

I also bought the small harvester because it is so antique looking and I will use it on occasions when I just am not interested in hitting the marketplace.

kimpe
Oct 20 2009, 09:50 PM
I love the idea of clothing, or paint to change the house color, etc. I wanted to be able to buy a halloween costume.

heyrkstar
Oct 20 2009, 09:51 PM
I am very excited when it comes to updates and new features and what not. But I think this was the most pointless update and feature ever. There is no point for people like me Level 30, who already have x4 plowing, and harvesting? thats no big deal, it would have been worth more to have a x4 deleter for harvested fields. And the whole fuel situation FOR these machines? Way too confusing. You just made the game more complicated than it ever needed to be. You should update with more land options, and different features, these ones are weird and pointless. Unless you pressed the harvester and it HARVESTED automatically for you. That would have made MORE sense.

Just saying.

devonfarm
Oct 20 2009, 09:55 PM
actually Yo's Farm DId answer your question "You Can NOT use the Tools to harvest/plow for someone else" THUS in your words you hire someone to work at YOUR farm They can NOT USE YOUR tools either :)

Not being a smart *** just trying to clear the question up :)

kobedog
Oct 20 2009, 09:55 PM
awesome! now if we could delete 4 plots at a time ;)
but thanks, this will be fun. going to try it out right now

katpooh9
Oct 20 2009, 09:56 PM
How come it appears the large machines are charging $3 to purchase yet this is not showed when you're buying?

$3 as in real money? I've purchased both large seeders and plowers and the solar powered plower and I have not been charged real money.

Jeff Grigg
Oct 20 2009, 09:59 PM
Harvester would be more appealing to me if it would harvest trees - seems no one really wants to harvest trees as much as they want to harvest pineapple. ...

Good point; people seem to have lost interest in harvesting trees, now that they can get XP by plowing other people's land.

I was kind of hoping for a "rope" selection of plots to harvest/plow/plant: Draw a diamond with corners at the start and end of a click-drag-release motion. harvest/plow/plant all available plots in the diamond.

Seems to me that harvesting and plowing equipment would be most useful if I could use it when others hire me. And if I could buy fuel with coins. Now that could make hiring competitive harvesters and plowers an interesting experience!

kaz waz
Oct 20 2009, 10:01 PM
i cant beleive the whinging, people we spent $1,000,000 credits on a house and heaps on other things that do nothing but look good, so whats the problem in spending it on machinary that has the potential of doing something... it does some things now and i am sure they are developing them further. maybe when they add levels there will be options for using them on other peoples farms. i have bought them all, they look good on my farm, i cant wait to test them out, now i can harvest my own raspberries that no one wants, and do it a bit quicker and it wont be such a drag. also seed 4 at a time. and the plower machinary will make it look a bit more realisitc. have fun with it. we are happy to spend lots of credits on barns, windmills, watermills etc that do nothing so whats the difference????

Jeff Grigg
Oct 20 2009, 10:02 PM

What do you all think?

I wish we had an 8 hour crop. Then you could sleep or go to work while it's growing.

I wish I had storage so that I could move things from my farm TO storage, and then get them back later (like taking things from gifts).

photorestore2004
Oct 20 2009, 10:06 PM
My only concern is this - now that we can buy these machines, what will happen to the hiring proces sin the marketplace? I can see the need for having a seeder, but the harvester and the plower are going to greatly cut into the 'profits' of the people in the marketplace. I find this disturbing. This could very well cut out alot of users on this game as it will now take far too long to level up and gain coins.

kaz waz
Oct 20 2009, 10:07 PM
My only concern is this - now that we can buy these machines, what will happen to the hiring proces sin the marketplace? I can see the need for having a seeder, but the harvester and the plower are going to greatly cut into the 'profits' of the people in the marketplace. I find this disturbing. This could very well cut out alot of users on this game as it will now take far too long to level up and gain coins.

i think when people realise you get more money for hiring people to do it, they will still hire people., i know i will be!!

hchs1988
Oct 20 2009, 10:09 PM
Do we hire someone to run these or our days in the market over?

happycats
Oct 20 2009, 10:09 PM
excellent ready to plant lol

Hanalei
Oct 20 2009, 10:10 PM
So, the new tools don't ever move or even make noise?

Just checking to see if it's my computer, or the design of the things?

katpooh9

Funny...I never noticed **** seeds. How fast does **** grow? Would I need a nose plug when I visit your farm? Is it anything like stink weed? :confused:

lizjfox
I agree.
The seeder is amazing. I don't know how often I've wanted to go to sleep, waiting for my seeding to finish. Now it's really quick. And you guys did an amazing job of having it adapt to whatever space you have. Thank you.

happycats
Oct 20 2009, 10:12 PM
i will still hire in marketplace that is what makes farmtown great

lizjfox
Oct 20 2009, 10:13 PM
At times if I am in a hurry to get to bed, I plow while someone harvests for me. I got on a couple of times and could find no one to harvest that were my neighbors so I harvested my own to avoid losing them.
Exactly! I like the idea of being able to do it when I need to. But I hope we don't lose the fun of meeting wonderful people around the world when we hire them. I love my neighbors ... and many of them started out by hiring at the market place.

phamton
Oct 20 2009, 10:14 PM
I'm not sure this is right, but it worked for me. All I did was buy the Seeder, then go to the Map and click on "Fuel Station". It started adding up all my points and worked like a charm. I didn't have to do anything else. I haven't had any gifted fuel yet but I'm assuming it would work the same way. There are instructions in the first post but I read instructions only when all else fails. ;) But if you want the REAL scoop on it, I'd suggest reading the first post in this thread.

Thanks so much. I actually am one of those who do read instructions. I had read the first post but really wanted to hear from someone who had success with it. Several others haven't been so lucky. Thanks for the details. Your instructions make it seem pretty simple to me. I shall see tonight when I'm ready to plant. Wish me luck!

happycats
Oct 20 2009, 10:15 PM
u said it all with the buildings and such that do nothing and i agree awesome summary thank you farmtown

janjoseph
Oct 20 2009, 10:22 PM
This must affect the market place. No more hiring or can you do both? Which benefits you? I imagine the tools willl be more beneficial or not?

kaz waz
Oct 20 2009, 10:25 PM
Funny...I never noticed **** seeds. How fast does **** grow? Would I need a nose plug when I visit your farm? Is it anything like stink weed? :confused:

lol... like your humour!!! maybe its where we can empty out outhouses!!!

kaz waz
Oct 20 2009, 10:31 PM
This must affect the market place. No more hiring or can you do both? Which benefits you? I imagine the tools willl be more beneficial or not?

you earn a lot more money if you hire people to harvest, plus they earn money and it donest come of your harest earnings.

as for plowing, if you plow yourself it costs you 20 c per square and you only get 1 xp, if you hire it costs you less depending if its a neighbour or from the market place. plus you both get xp of 1..

i will continue to hire from the market and neighbours as much as possible, will only use my machines if i need to or no one wants to harvest raspberries or grapes.

the seeder i cant wait to use,. that is such a drag and you cant hire anyone to do it!!!

Little Wing Farm
Oct 20 2009, 10:42 PM
How do I get rid of fuel gifts that I received and never tend to use since I never plan on buying or using the farm equipment?
The only reason I accepted the gifts was because I thought it was like the others; you can re-gift them to others if you don't want them.
So, now I am stuck with 3 gifts of much fuel.

racenstuff
Oct 20 2009, 10:46 PM

Fun to look at though.

I totally agree. I purchased the equipment before I read any posts or even realized they were actually working equipment. I bought purely for the asthetics of having them on the farm. I will only use the seeder as I DO NOT want to do the other work myself (seems like going backward to before I had neighbors). The best part of the game is the interaction with other gamers, even the irritating ones. There just doesn't seem to be any advantage to harvesting or plowing for yourself. I do appreciate the upgrades and I am not complaining, just giving my point of view, and I don't think this upgrade was as well thought out as the others. I do like the "Fuel" concept and that it can be a gift, I will use that. Thanks for this opportunity to give my opinion.

painthorsepam@yahoo.com
Oct 20 2009, 10:48 PM
Just wanted to say thank you the game just keeps getting better and better and more fun. Need a bigger plot to house it all though - lol thanks for your hard work:)

TrinityOaks
Oct 20 2009, 10:52 PM
How do I get rid of fuel gifts that I received and never tend to use since I never plan on buying or using the farm equipment?
The only reason I accepted the gifts was because I thought it was like the others; you can re-gift them to others if you don't want them.
So, now I am stuck with 3 gifts of much fuel.

I haven't tried it, but I expect you can sell them.

You are mistaken about regifting--you can't regift anything in Farm Town, even though it looks as though you can when you click on a tree, flower, or other object.

the_blue_fruit_loop
Oct 20 2009, 11:07 PM
Does using these tools make it where we are able to sell our crops for more money? Meaning, is it advantageous for us to harvest and plow our own farms now? Or do we still make more money hiring the work out?

Can we use these at OTHER people's farms when we're hired out? I know it says others can't use it at our farms... but if we own them, can we take them with us to use at other farms?

JanL
Oct 20 2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the machines and a way to actually fuel them!

CuteePatootee
Oct 20 2009, 11:14 PM
What in the world is the use of this? It is highly recommended to harvest and plow others fields as it is more economical. These cannot be used anywhere else. What a waste of time, I am disgusted. The seeder is the only benefit I see. Make the farms bigger, that would be better than the time wasted on this.

the_blue_fruit_loop
Oct 20 2009, 11:15 PM
I did the same thing... bought all three before I realized what I was doing... Then realized I just needed the Seeder... I hope they make it where either we make more money harvesting/plowing ourselves or we can use them on other peoples' farms...

the_blue_fruit_loop
Oct 20 2009, 11:17 PM
no it only you can use your machinery on your farm

This STILL doesn't answer the question about how much we get for using these items ourselves...