PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- November 4th, 2009

Pages : 1 [2]

TrinityOaks
Nov 06 2009, 04:30 PM
I hired someone with the new hiring method and none of the crops hidden by the trees were done...can the hiree's not see them or can they not get to them? Or are the just too lazy?
Some may be newbies and don't know they can hide the trees to see more crops. Others are probably just lazy.

What I could never understand is...some people ask for tree harvesters in the MP and no one wanted to do them but get them to your farm and they head their first....what was up with that??
Probably they're among those who harvested trees JUST BECAUSE they were asked not to.

Personally, I hate doing trees, especially if they're really crammed together. I used to love it when unhiding trees would get you kicked back to your own farm. I could use that as an excuse not to have to harvest trees. Doesn't work that way anymore, though. :rolleyes:

sallyjoann
Nov 06 2009, 04:33 PM
Thank you for the updates! The new trees are beautiful. Thank you for the Hire to Harvest Crops. I decided not to harvest mine and the fruit looked so pretty until I hired someone to harvest my crops. They left the crops to harvest the trees and would not stop even though I was begging them. I have not hired at the market since and my fruit is growing back. Not with the new option to hire them to do crops I can feel free to go to market if I need to.

Mitchy
Nov 06 2009, 04:35 PM
Am thrilled with new Harvest Crops feature, was having real problems with people harvesting trees. THANK YOU for listening to us about that. Love the new deletion feature, will help those of us with large farms rearrange things even more!

larrykoch
Nov 06 2009, 04:43 PM
I cannot link to farm town. I get a series of "redirecting" and "Waiting" msgs that flash very quickly. I cannot link to your URL that you have included further up in this list.

When I ping apps.facebook.com I receive the following
www-college.facebook.com [69.63.186.30]
Is this a good server? When I try farmtown from other computers at other locations it pings to another server. This problem started the morning of 11/5.
Any ideas? thanks

Filletutta
Nov 06 2009, 04:49 PM
Thank you very much - this new release is awsome!! And thank you for listening to us users :)

mrepasky02
Nov 06 2009, 04:50 PM
I cannot link to farmtown, keeps redirecting over and over .. What is going on???

Tjane
Nov 06 2009, 05:01 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all the great changes. Just when I start getting bored you add some great new features.

puzzler2
Nov 06 2009, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=Mary Dee McMinn;2536106]Love the new additioins to FT and appreciate your efforts. Please know that I am unable to "HIDE" my new fall trees to harvest my farm.

QUOTE]

dont think you can hide the autumn trees

Mah Hanks
Nov 06 2009, 05:12 PM
Love all the changes!!! Thanks so much for listening. :D:D

One complaint though, couldn't you have put more T'giving decorations than just a table and mailbox? Not enough to choose from. :(

judykase
Nov 06 2009, 05:28 PM
Love all the changes!!! Thanks so much for listening. :D:D

One complaint though, couldn't you have put more T'giving decorations than just a table and mailbox? Not enough to choose from. :(

I agree... love the changes, but....
I couldn't stand the anticipation, nor could I click quick enough to get to the Thanksgiving items! and then.... oh... various tables.

CYNGER
Nov 06 2009, 05:50 PM
Thank you , great additions , LOVE the new Autumn trees ...keep it coming =0)

tapelt
Nov 06 2009, 06:04 PM
I have a suggestion got levels above 34:

1. Make every 50,000 XP above 150,000 a new level. Do this to infinity. In other words, 200,000 XP would be level 35, 250,000 XP would be level 36, and so on. Everything above 33 would be called "Green Wizard".

2. Every level above 34 would let you buy an additional farm (12X12) for 100,000 coins that could be expanded the way all farms are up to the current maximim size. (Each farm would need a unique name.) But, please don't let farms get bigger, or it will crash computers with limited memory!

TrinityOaks
Nov 06 2009, 06:16 PM
2. Every level above 34 would let you buy an additional farm (12X12) for 100,000 coins that could be expanded the way all farms are up to the current maximim size. (Each farm would need a unique name.) But, please don't let farms get bigger, or it will crash computers with limited memory!
I think this is a great idea--addtional, expandable farms instead of more expansions for the existing farms. It would be even better if we could transfer items between the two farms. One of the reasons my son quit playing is that his farm just got too big to take care of. I did a flower design for him on it and just leave it except for a narrow border of cotton.

jesterjen
Nov 06 2009, 06:33 PM
When I launch the application it does not load. The address bar shows a ton of token keys and the loading bar flashes back from 0% to 50% back and forth for 5 minutes. I ended up not being ale to connect since the change on the 4th. Using Mozilla for browser.

Ebony Jones
Nov 06 2009, 06:44 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! My trees are safe. :)

kaypopper
Nov 06 2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the fall trees! I'm very happy to be able to keep my farm seasonal. And thanks for the way to protect the trees. Some people use these in their designs and if harvested the design loses it's impact. It is nice to know you are listening.

S_J_P
Nov 06 2009, 07:08 PM
I have a suggestion got levels above 34:

1. Make every 50,000 XP above 150,000 a new level. Do this to infinity. In other words, 200,000 XP would be level 35, 250,000 XP would be level 36, and so on. Everything above 33 would be called "Green Wizard".

Good ideas.....I especially like #2, I would love a bigger farm but then it's harder to navigate, as it is now I forget about certain corners but to have like page 2 as I have noticed in some other games like that Fish World. They have 2 fish bowls, so it would be nice if we could have an extention but it would be on a separate page (if that makes sense...I am no techy). I have been at level 34 for ages, some people aren't harvesting because they think there is no reason to as that is as high as they can go but I have been amassing as many xp's as I can because I knew more levels would be added. I can't wait for the opportunity to work towards buying new things.

freesoulflyn@aol.com
Nov 06 2009, 07:13 PM
I have noticed that often when harvesting, when owner clicks on me to plow....the harvesting money does not add up, if there are still fields out there that I have harvested but aren't done doing their thing yet, same thing with plowing, I am clicking along and before if I had clicked on every field, i could leave and points would add up when I was back on my farm. Not any more ...........after so many fields, i stop getting paid and getting points, even though I am still plowing.............but the farmer is getting his fields completely plowed...I am doing them for free after a bit.

Ms Sallysue
Nov 06 2009, 07:13 PM
THANK YOU! Please add me to the list of happy, grateful tree huggers. I love all the new additions and decorations, including the mailbox. :)

BlueSky221
Nov 06 2009, 07:28 PM
Love the new Harvest Crops feature AND the autumn trees. Thank you. I would like to have a red tabby cat, please, to keep my gray and black cats company.

BlueSky221
Nov 06 2009, 07:37 PM
A red tabby cat and a peace flag would be super - thanks!

rebeblican2009@yahoo.com
Nov 06 2009, 07:37 PM
My farmtown is not working correctly since the change, when I visit my neighbors farms it used to say the farm was dry, had weeds etc and i could do the job for them, now I just stand there. When I try to water flowers it just says 'I'm Busy Waiting' whether I am on my farm or one of my neighbors. I also can not get to the market place and when I try to harvest my own crops the fields stay in limbo and my avatar is not moving from field to field. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the adobe flash player so I dont know what else to do!

akycregina@gci.net
Nov 06 2009, 08:00 PM
I have one neighbor that I am unable to see when they are on my farm or i am on theirs. They can see me. Also when I go to their farm it can be covered in leaves and no request to clean up etc. Appears to be only with the one neighbor and we have deleted each other added ourselves as neighbors again and can't figure it out.

Fourbenn
Nov 06 2009, 08:42 PM
Love the upgrades!

Baby Blue Eyes
Nov 06 2009, 09:15 PM
this is all good but......when i plow and save and go home I lose the coins and the xp.
If you save and go home you ose the work you did. That I dont like. Please fix this.
You harvest and the person clicks for you to plow...the coins are gone.
Major glitch! Please fix.
Thank you

phyllis.niese
Nov 06 2009, 10:14 PM
Good ideas.....I especially like #2, I would love a bigger farm but then it's harder to navigate, as it is now I forget about certain corners but to have like page 2 as I have noticed in some other games like that Fish World. They have 2 fish bowls, so it would be nice if we could have an extention but it would be on a separate page (if that makes sense...I am no techy). I have been at level 34 for ages, some people aren't harvesting because they think there is no reason to as that is as high as they can go but I have been amassing as many xp's as I can because I knew more levels would be added. I can't wait for the opportunity to work towards buying new things.

That's a good idea, but, then, part of the fun is the work and anticipation of a reward, such as a higher level or new items to add.

phyllis.niese
Nov 06 2009, 10:17 PM
Yep....need to ask one (or two) question(s) though. I hired someone with the new hiring method and none of the crops hidden by the trees were done...can the hiree's not see them or can they not get to them? Or are the just too lazy?
I love the SOL...heehee!
What I could never understand is...some people ask for tree harvesters in the MP and no one wanted to do them but get them to your farm and they head their first....what was up with that??

You are so right, I like to harvest mine when I want to, not every time I need crops harvested. Ask them not to, they harvest every time, ask for tree harvesters and no one wants them, lol

rsddmd
Nov 06 2009, 10:49 PM
have not been able to access Farm Town since the update. Help!

schoolmarm2
Nov 07 2009, 12:05 AM
have not been able to access Farm Town since the update. Help!

No one can help you until you link your farm.

Missmelanie
Nov 07 2009, 12:15 AM
Love the new items for fall and thanksgiving. Love the storage item so you don't have to sell items you'd like to move around or switch. still waiting and hoping for more land! Is that still in progress as was stated months ago?:o

Missmelanie
Nov 07 2009, 12:16 AM
I had the same problem but finally it just cleared up.

Missmelanie
Nov 07 2009, 12:19 AM
Good idea, we need to be able to purchase different animals also.

Butterfly-Dawn
Nov 07 2009, 12:30 AM
as farmtown encourages social interaction, introducing the "hire to harvest crops" is a great solution for removing a source of irritation and animosity within the game (people not wanting their trees harvested). Well done!

amen to that!

jessie mc
Nov 07 2009, 12:38 AM
WHOOOO HOOOOO thank you very uch :)

Ashley=Awesome
Nov 07 2009, 01:12 AM
This is stupid 90% of this stuff means nothing to me. i havent played farm town in sooo long because im on level 34 and its pointless to even try when i know im not getting anywhere. Stop with the stupid tables for thanksgiving and get a level 35 +

gorko
Nov 07 2009, 02:13 AM
I got the message:
"Farmtown has reached one million players. To celebrate you must send this message to 10 players and your points will be doubled. Send to a minimum of 30 players and your farm will be enlarged" I already have a 24x24. Does this mean I get more land? I sent it to 33 people

RiskyKel
Nov 07 2009, 02:32 AM
I got the message:
"Farmtown has reached one million players. To celebrate you must send this message to 10 players and your points will be doubled. Send to a minimum of 30 players and your farm will be enlarged" I already have a 24x24. Does this mean I get more land? I sent it to 33 people

that message is a hoax, there is a thread about that somewhere

here you go

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235530

Vee.
Nov 07 2009, 03:45 AM
Awesome!! Love that we don't have to sit back and watch ruthless people harvest our trees anymore!! Love the Autumn tree! Love the faster delete! Woohoo! Well done and thank you. :)

Molly Mew
Nov 07 2009, 04:18 AM
For those of you with loading issues.. will you please link your farm account so admin have access.
Thanks.

JemimaPuddleduck
Nov 07 2009, 04:52 AM
great news about the trees :) have a problem hiding the fall trees tho when harvesting.. they dont seem to hide.. but soo happy about this new update ,, maybe enough to stop me moaning.. ( tho I call it challenging) about neigbourless farmers rights?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm doubt it :D

pagett001
Nov 07 2009, 05:13 AM
thank you for new gifts but is it possible to hide new trees with everything else make it easy. a fan

HelenJS22
Nov 07 2009, 05:51 AM
This is stupid 90% of this stuff means nothing to me. i havent played farm town in sooo long because im on level 34 and its pointless to even try when i know im not getting anywhere. Stop with the stupid tables for thanksgiving and get a level 35 +

I'm afraid I have to agree here .... yep it's nice to get some extra bits and pieces, but you only seem to address American customs (Halloween and Thanksgiving) and those of us who have been on Level 34 for months now with no further challenge seem to be given the heave ho every time you bring out an update. Many of us got to level 34 without the help of 'hire to plow' and without the current ease of harvesting etc, but we've been left high and dry for months. Please put some effort into extra levels now instead of more gift add ons.

Shannon W
Nov 07 2009, 06:28 AM
I know I speak for every tree lover that has experienced the "horror" :) of having their trees harvested as we chased and begged someone to stop harvesting the trees only to get a "my bad" response.....when I say thank you for this update! Not only will this eliminate that "heartbreak"...but now I don't mind going back to the marketplace to hire newer farmers. You get 2 thumbs up for this update!!!

DOLLGENIE
Nov 07 2009, 06:30 AM
I cannot find information on why after I spent so much time harvesting and plowing neighbor's farms I don't get the proper coins/points. Do I need to wait untill all of the squares convert to get the credit now??? In the past.... If I completed plowing a nighbor's farm... I could go back to the marketplace... or back to my farm... and the points/coins would calculate and add to my total... now.. they just disappear as if I never did the work.

Is there any special TIP or TRICK we need to know when working a neighbor's farm so we can leave when we're done (all the squares/crops clicked on) and still get the points/coins?

Why do we lose everything if we don;t stay on that farm now????
This could slow down play time tremendously.........

Please go back to the old system of tallying up plowing points!!!
Susan ~ The Doll Genie~

Mishy
Nov 07 2009, 06:31 AM

Well Ashley, if you don't keep on playing, your XP wont grow, if your XP doesn't grow, I'll get to level 35 faster than you will...hehe... :D

DOLLGENIE
Nov 07 2009, 06:36 AM
I cannot find information on why after I spent so much time harvesting and plowing neighbor's farms I don't get the proper coins/points. Do I need to wait untill all of the squares convert to get the credit now??? In the past.... If I completed plowing a nighbor's farm... I could go back to the marketplace... or back to my farm... and the points/coins would calculate and add to my total... now.. they just disappear as if I never did the work.

Is there any special TIP or TRICK we need to know when working a neighbor's farm so we can leave when we're done (all the squares/crops clicked on) and still get the points/coins?

Why do we lose everything if we don;t stay on that farm now????
This could slow down play time tremendously.........

Please go back to the old system of tallying up plowing points!!!
Susan ~ The Doll Genie~

sshhorty2
Nov 07 2009, 07:03 AM
great job love the additions

Daval
Nov 07 2009, 07:09 AM
I just add my thanks... our plea's were heard... The Trees are saved. :-)
all to makings this 'constructive' game so much nicer.
Take care all of you
Val

Daval
Nov 07 2009, 07:10 AM
please sort out the points and coins.... You guys owe me lots of them :-)

Mikeyyy,
Nov 07 2009, 07:22 AM
Yeah, same thing happens to me as well, but if I go work at someone else's farm after or whatever.. Then I start getting spammed with +128 coins or so. Once I'm done harvesting for someone, it'll stop me from moving, and it says.. "..Saving." But that's not that big of a deal, since you can just click "Go Home" and Problem solved.

What I'm having problem's with though.. Is that it won't let me re-fuel. It says.. "You must own a Harvester/Seeder to get fuel." Yet I have a Small Seeder/Big Harvester. D:

mise
Nov 07 2009, 07:24 AM
Thank you thank you thank you! The tree lovers will love this!

Love it, love it, thank you :)

Julia2654
Nov 07 2009, 07:27 AM
I LOVED the pop-up announcement of the new changes when I logged in!!

Robin St
Nov 07 2009, 07:39 AM
I am wondering what happens when you reach level 34. I notice things seem to move very slow and although I am earning points and cash, it is different that before. Have I reached the end of the game.

SteelerChick
Nov 07 2009, 07:46 AM
I am wondering what happens when you reach level 34. I notice things seem to move very slow and although I am earning points and cash, it is different that before. Have I reached the end of the game.

Nothing exciting happens when you reach 34 except that you can buy anything you want in the store. You continue to accumulate coins and experience points but beyond that, you've reached the top. I have a little under 300,000 xp's because since I reached 34 the "addiction" has worn off. I have a neighbor with over 600,000 xp's and I'm sure there are people out there with xp's in the millions, nevermind the coins.

Users have begged Farm Town for more levels and bigger farms. My understanding of a forum post many months ago is that the programmers are limited by the graphics. I'm not sure what the level issue is.

~Farmer Tom~
Nov 07 2009, 07:58 AM
Hi there,

We just released a new version of FarmTown which implement the following features and bug fixes:

Features:
---------
1. New Thanksgiving items

2. Hire to Harvest Crops. You can use this option if you don't want workers to harvest your trees

3. Faster delete operations: We removed the confirmation message when you are deleting harvested or gone to waste fields. If your level is higher than 15, we removed the confirmation message for all kind of crop fields even with real crops, to speed it even more.

4. If you hover over the XP bar on the top you will see how many points you need to the next level (don't work on level 34, but it will soon ;-)

Bug Fixes:
----------

1. Performance improved when working/dragging large farms that contained a specific set of items that were not optimized

2. The Harvest menu shown only on ready to harvest crops/trees

3. If you click on a non-ready crops/tree while harvesting, it shows you the growth %

4. More fixes with the XP assigments

Thanks

--Raul

***Moderator edit. If any of you are having any problems with any part of the new release please post those problems here http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253622&highlight=November+Release so we can help you and gather them all up to report to the developers.

For those of you continuing to post in this thread, along with numerous other threads complaining about levels and land expansion, Please take the time to read atleast one sentence before you post. Ive highlighted it to make it easy to see.

The devs are taking the time to ensure these updates run in a smooth fashion for everyone. Adding a few halloween items is an easy upgrade, land expansions and added levels is a bit more complex. Servers need to be added / size increased along with a ton of other complications that need to be addressed.

Bottom line, it looks as though levels are coming. Show some patience when posting. If your bored, do something different until the update takes place. Telling everyone in this forum how bored you are isnt going to make the new release come out any faster.

sjames79
Nov 07 2009, 09:04 AM
The hire option for crops only was one of the 5 big items on my wish list on this game (the others being land expansion, more levels, more crops and crops with differnt hours of growth time).

Thanks so much for adding this harvest option... those of us that like to see our trees bloomed out really appreciate it. And I can finally go to the market again to hire people to harvest.

I just hit 1 million on my XP points and the white indicator bar is finally maxed out... so the knowledge that they may finally be adding more levels is exciting news...

One other comment... those that are doing so much gripping about this game... remember that you are playing a game that is FREE and no one is forcing you to play... if you are that irritated then go play FarmVille or one of the other games.

I feel that the developers for FarmTown are doing a truely great job and even though I have maxed out on levels months ago and land even longer... I still love playing the game and look forward to each upgrade that they do.

~Farmer Tom~
Nov 07 2009, 09:28 AM
The hire option for crops only was one of the 5 big items on my wish list on this game (the others being land expansion, more levels, more crops and crops with differnt hours of growth time).

Thanks so much for adding this harvest option... those of us that like to see our trees bloomed out really appreciate it. And I can finally go to the market again to hire people to harvest.

I just hit 1 million on my XP points and the white indicator bar is finally maxed out... so the knowledge that they may finally be adding more levels is exciting news...

One other comment... those that are doing so much gripping about this game... remember that you are playing a game that is FREE and no one is forcing you to play... if you are that irritated then go play FarmVille or one of the other games.

I feel that the developers for FarmTown are doing a truely great job and even though I have maxed out on levels months ago and land even longer... I still love playing the game and look forward to each upgrade that they do.

Congrats!:) Thats a big accomplishment to achieve. How many levels do you think you will jump when they are added? LOL ? You may just be maxed out again!

BarbieAnn
Nov 07 2009, 10:53 AM
I am just wondering why flowers cannot be added to storage. With the fall trees, most flowers are at their "dying state" -- at least here in Peoria. Would love to see winter items appear.

And I have had about 10 fuel tanks disappear, even after going through all the previously mentioned steps.

Genwhit
Nov 07 2009, 11:11 AM
4. If you hover over the XP bar on the top you will see how many points you need to the next level (don't work on level 34, but it will soon ;-)

Why would we need to see how many points are needed above level 34 unless there will soon be more levels???? I hope hope hope!
Gen

Genwhit
Nov 07 2009, 11:15 AM

Since you might be maxed out on the new levels, maybe they could give you the option of resetting back to 34 and let you play up again. That's the fun for me. Working and working to get to the next level.

Gen

QuincyMarie
Nov 07 2009, 11:22 AM
Love the new updates... Thanks!

barking_owls
Nov 07 2009, 11:42 AM
I am So happy , the new changes are WONDERFUL,
all we need now is for the new farmers to learn to hide trees so they can harvest the overlapped tree farms!(mines one!) seriously Fellow FT users
7 hires in a row had no idea how to Hide the trees WOW

EagleTat2
Nov 07 2009, 11:49 AM
I am having the same problems as well. I work at someones farm I don't get the coins/points, I lock up alot (my farm and others), other farmers can't seem to be able to hire me to plow after I harvest, I can't read my messages when on others farms, and can't hide fall trees. The new additions are great but the glitches annoying.

callj74
Nov 07 2009, 12:20 PM
yeh i feel that when harvesting and plowing other peoples farms that the new way sux. My computer cant always handle waiting for me to finish. I should have a couple hundred more coins then i do. If people feel like they have to wait until they are actually done on screen then quite a few of the addicts will quit this game a look for a new habit. The most fun part of the game was making money and i feel this has been lost. Is this a glitch or is this permanent?

LettersFromEmma
Nov 07 2009, 12:27 PM
What is the level after 34 and how many xp pts is needed?

LettersFromEmma
Nov 07 2009, 12:29 PM
do you know if there is other levels after 34?

HeartSleeve
Nov 07 2009, 12:36 PM
Does the new change account for not being able to hire friends or farmers? This is getting really frustrating, but I LOVE the additions you've made. NOW if you'd only add the % of mature crops so we know when they'll expire!

Lois's Farm
Nov 07 2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the latest additions. It was a simple fix to avoid a lot of frustration. It was easy for even experienced farmers to misread a "hide trees" message for "harvest trees".

To the person who complained about no request for things added, why complain about getting something new that a lot of people enjoy?

Lana
Nov 07 2009, 03:51 PM
Thank you for the new changes......now if our employees could just use the equipment we have that would be awesome. :)

capricorn1
Nov 07 2009, 04:51 PM
I cannot find information on why after I spent so much time harvesting and plowing neighbor's farms I don't get the proper coins/points. Do I need to wait until all of the squares convert to get the credit now???

In the past.... If I completed plowing a neighbor's farm... I could go back to the marketplace... or back to my farm... and the points/coins would calculate and add to my total... now.. they just disappear as if I never did the work.

Too busy to design the Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations... No time to write down the rules and inform the gamers. :)

After all this is a "free game" isn't it? why bother with details like stating how things work or have changed? A hundred or so happy farmers here in the forum will tell you that. :rolleyes:

Oh, yes... the moderators will use the usual mantra. No need to type it myself.... you know, don't you? :cool:

The fact that this is a good game and that the new releases of enhanced versions are well received, does not diminish the fact that the rules of the game (and the changes of some rules) are not clearly stated and/or communicated.

cheers..:)

Laniemac
Nov 07 2009, 06:21 PM
Excellent Job to the programmers pertaining to all the new fixes...bless you!!!! and thank you for all the long tedious hours you put in to make the "free" site so much fun for us all....

Heart of Parts
Nov 07 2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the new updates ;)

MikeLutton
Nov 07 2009, 07:26 PM
i think the farm stuff can be free and mansion price need to be price lowerd to expensive everything schould be free why aint there any new seeds like for thanksgiving

and all trees schould be actiavated what u think

DonnaSue
Nov 07 2009, 08:28 PM
What is the level after 34 and how many xp pts is needed?

For now, 34 is the last level...more levels to follow soon!:D

calibama
Nov 07 2009, 10:37 PM
Please post here if you are having problems with any of the items in the release of November 4th.

I have not been able to connect for several days. I have no problem with any other apps. Any suggestions on what might be the problem? I am sure I have lost all of my crops by now :mad:

LeeanneF
Nov 07 2009, 10:58 PM

does this mean what I think it means.. yeehawwwww!!!

brigarkee
Nov 07 2009, 11:22 PM
Please explain to me the following, all of which started Saturday:

1) If I'm harvesting a field, and the farmer hires someone after me, they are able to harvest over and get all the points for crops I've already harvested, just not completely cleared yet.

2) Plowing... leave early, points no longer add like it used to do when I'd go back into the marketplace.. would catch up in there before letting me work again.

3) After harvesting someone's entire field, refreshed, lost like 10,000 points, and went back in to their farm, it was completed on the harvesting end.

I'm a little frustrated right now... I'm good with all these new things coming in, but when the game is taking away points or not allowing your man to get the points after doing all this work... it really seems meaningless.

Please let me know what is going on, and why?
I shouldn't have to stay in a farm if the whole thing is going to be completed upon refreshing the page. It is a complete waste of time.

Miamine
Nov 08 2009, 12:24 AM
yippie.. you guys are just the best... (hey farmers, but what we gonna talk about in the forums now.. ) sigh.... :(

S_J_P
Nov 08 2009, 01:51 AM
this is all good but......when i plow and save and go home I lose the coins and the xp.
If you save and go home you ose the work you did. That I dont like. Please fix this.
You harvest and the person clicks for you to plow...the coins are gone.
Major glitch! Please fix.
Thank you

Click play not save and your coins should catch up. I have only had one occasion when my coins weren't there and that was when I went back to the marketplace...I learned fast to click on play instead, I have never lost a single coin since.

Nganngi
Nov 08 2009, 02:44 AM
I like the changes especially the Market Place upgrade.

bashina
Nov 08 2009, 02:48 AM
i am unable 2 open my storage box, i cant sell my harvest at the maket because it wont open and when i am on my farm the greenman is always lit up can some please explain why this is, its been this way since the new update HELP driving me crazy seeing the plus sign and cant use the cash

Keef
Nov 08 2009, 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by Raul

I hope that it is soon because you have lost so many players

lgkreipe
Nov 08 2009, 03:13 AM
Hi there,

We just released a new version of FarmTown which implement the following features and bug fixes:

Features:
---------

2. Hire to Harvest Crops. You can use this option if you don't want workers to harvest your trees

3. Faster delete operations: We removed the confirmation message when you are deleting harvested or gone to waste fields. If your level is higher than 15, we removed the confirmation message for all kind of crop fields even with real crops, to speed it even more.

Bug Fixes:
----------

1. Performance improved when working/dragging large farms that contained a specific set of items that were not optimized

3. If you click on a non-ready crops/tree while harvesting, it shows you the growth %

Thanks

--Raul

***Moderator edit. If any of you are having any problems with any part of the new release please post those problems here http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253622&highlight=November+Release so we can help you and gather them all up to report to the developers.

Sounds to me like more levels are on the way!!! Look at the emoticon! lol I'm very excited!! :)

ANd even if more levels werent comming, I'm still super thrilled for the new additions. I LOVE the autum trees, and wish we could buy them! I'm trying to get all of my neighbors and friends to send them to me. lol Thanks so much for all of the hard work guys, I really appreciate it!! :)

angel-eyes68
Nov 08 2009, 05:00 AM
Great new changes thank you for everything.....Please can you add more levels and/or bigger farms. Im on 34 i really am still addicted and i keep running out of space ide love to be able to move up some more levels please please please......

cindya
Nov 08 2009, 05:04 AM
ever since the last new version came out I am having trouble with harvesting....I harvest peoples crops and then someone else comes along and takes my lines the crops . they see them as not harvested...and its taking my money away from me as they takes my crops that i already harvested.....also the same with plowing they will plow over what i already have plowed...so they are seeing things ot done...

d2080
Nov 08 2009, 07:49 AM
hi
i am losing coin big time...just harvested pineapples and my coin count only went up 13 coins per acre ...i have windows 7 could that be the problem...but why would it be....you all need to check to make sure you get the amount per click..even waiting to the end did not help...help me please

Cyprus1962
Nov 08 2009, 08:30 AM
Yes this is also happening to me & its so annoying when u have worked hard only for someone else to come along & take it all for themselves. Ive posted this problem before but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears I fear. :mad::mad:

nala
Nov 08 2009, 09:14 AM
For all those at are fustrated I just have one thing to say..... install the restaurant city application for one day ..... no, no make it a week and seriously play it and you will appreciate the development team of FarmTown. You are the Best!!!!!!!! Beta is just that and I love this game now Restaurant City there is a game that is truely bugie and it is a much older game...

Thanks Farmtown Creators you rock and I love the game... I can hardly wait for more levels when ever you get around to it. Take your time fix the problems I have no problem finding lots to do to at level 34 to keep myself entertained. It is more about the money and exp points.... it is about the love of the game and I am farming and having a blast.

Thanks for listening.
Nala

dkindrat
Nov 08 2009, 09:25 AM
Since the latest upgrade, I have experienced the following on two occasions: I've hired someone to harvest from the MP. While he/she is harvesting, I refreshed in preparation for hiring to plow. With this refresh, I returned to find that nearly all of the harvested fields had also returned, but the harvester is able see this; he or she simply lost the coins he/she had earned in harvesting. And finally, hiring them to plow, just in case they are able to carry on despite what I see, is ineffective.

On a positive note, in addition to the many other fun and useful upgrades, I am very grateful for the added selective harvesting feature. I was quite weary with hearing farmers in the MP lament over the state of their trees.

DeCicco
Nov 08 2009, 09:55 AM
For some reason i can not find the new option. hire friend to harvest.. i am lvl 34 i do appreciate any help thank you to the zynga developer's for all you do..

Digger Margee
Nov 08 2009, 11:44 AM
Thank you for saving my beautiful fruit trees! LOL
Farm Town ROCKS!
You guys rock!

Going to Animals now to suggest larger horses! (or are those ponies??? :)

Father Walt
Nov 08 2009, 11:57 AM
I have noticed that as of the new release (4 nov) the plow function is flashing/refreshing more and more when more than 3 people are hired. At some times it gets almost unusable, especially if another plower is near where I am plowing. The red box is still causing problems. Whenever I can I get the farmer to hire me twice to change my cursor to an arrow and then I don't have to put up with the flashing/refreshing as much. (see my published glitch on changing the plow cursor).

Harvesting - the hit/miss ratio on pressed plots goes up quite a bit when there are more than a few harvesting. If I go up/down a 24x1 plot, I may get 14 hits (accepted harvest), and have to go back over the same line a few times to get everything selected. This appears to be getting worse also....

But love the changes to hiring and accepting.....

Dirt Diggler
Nov 08 2009, 12:39 PM
I am having plowing troubles as well, the plow tool jumps around so bad that every coupla fields it misses 1, the tool never actually goes green on harvested field, is it possible to get rid of red box and make it more like the harvesting yellow outline????
the harvesting tool works like a charm for me & i have dialup

germanbini
Nov 08 2009, 01:22 PM
You guys are awesome! Thank you for all of your hard work in making this fun game! :) KUDOS and I look forward to the future.

Furballs
Nov 08 2009, 01:25 PM
Since the new release, I can't see the entire game field.. all the edges have been cropped off somehow, so whatever is at the edges can't be viewed properly, such as the experience pt. numbers or fuel numbers. Can just barely see enough of the Map and Water flowers boxes to click on them, but only because I already know what they are... can't actually tell what they are by reading, not enough of the text shows. Hope this can be fixed soon ! Thx

S_J_P
Nov 08 2009, 01:26 PM
I got the message:

It's spam! Please do not forward....Farmtown would never send out a message like this.

S_J_P
Nov 08 2009, 01:27 PM
I am having plowing troubles as well, the plow tool jumps around so bad that every coupla fields it misses 1, the tool never actually goes green on harvested field, is it possible to get rid of red box and make it more like the harvesting yellow outline????
the harvesting tool works like a charm for me & i have dialup

I agree....I really don't like that annoying red box, the yellow outline would be much much better!

Almeta
Nov 08 2009, 04:25 PM
Love all of the latest features....Just waiting to buy more land to make my farm larger. Hope it is soon, getting very boring not having something to work for.

Valkarya
Nov 08 2009, 04:51 PM
Hi there,

Features:
---------

Bug Fixes:
----------

Thanks

--Raul

Thank you!

traffic12
Nov 08 2009, 04:54 PM
Thank you for all the HARD WORK you do to make this game fun to play. Many thanks for listening to us players too making the changes and updates you perform.. Semper Fi, Terry :):D:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

schoolmarm2
Nov 08 2009, 04:55 PM
Love all of the latest features....Just waiting to buy more land to make my farm larger. Hope it is soon, getting very boring not having something to work for.

Nothing to work for? How about working for the future on Farmtown. Work now and you will be at the new levels as soon as they open up.

cybrslayer
Nov 08 2009, 05:06 PM
since the new enhancements , i can only click on 1 square at a time. is it going back to this option or is there a way to go back to the old way???

please let me know and thank you for your time

susme48
Nov 08 2009, 07:03 PM
The new changes are great!! But I noticed also the trouble with plowing! I was not here before, if this was the way....but it sux!! Plus it does not affect all...just some....and for me only happens on plowing. I have been lucky to get 10 plots to plow before everyone else had them all done. Got one big farm, and the plowing took me almost two hours....one tiny little square at a time...waiting for the avatar's speed and upload. Surely takes alot longer now!!

Queen of Compost
Nov 08 2009, 09:10 PM
Sadly, there is no protection for trees. I hired a 'crop only' harvester- got trees denuded.

If FarmTown is simply going to screw people over who just want their trees left alone, then :::shrug:::: that's the way it is. But don't 'give' us something that's nothing more than a suggestion to the harvester - it's not a protection for the farmer at all.

susme48
Nov 08 2009, 09:28 PM
Well, I know that you have to be careful which one you click on....I have been on a ton of farms that I cannot do the trees on....not that I ever do without asking....still does not hurt to be sure and courteous!!

edgin1@embarqmail.com
Nov 08 2009, 09:34 PM
why did all my tanks of fuel go out of my gift box???

edgin1@embarqmail.com
Nov 08 2009, 09:40 PM
OMG!! Y'all are SOOOOO awesome!!!!

ok thank you i thought i had lost them!!!

sweetcalico
Nov 08 2009, 10:11 PM
I really love all of the new updates. Thank you to all for your hard work. I do have one question. Why can I out the new trees aka autumn trees in storage but yet I can NOT put my cherry trees, mango trees etc. into storage? The trees I do like to use are all locked so that means if I want to remove them and replace with the seasonal ones I have to sell or delete. Then in order to get them again I have to beg for them to be given to me as gifts.

Can you add the locked trees to the storage option?

Thank you all for your hard work and making farm town fun fun fun.

Mishy
Nov 08 2009, 10:18 PM
Sadly, there is no protection for trees. I hired a 'crop only' harvester- got trees denuded.

If FarmTown is simply going to screw people over who just want their trees left alone, then :::shrug:::: that's the way it is. But don't 'give' us something that's nothing more than a suggestion to the harvester - it's not a protection for the farmer at all.

I was hired for trees, however the person accidentally clicked on the crop only & I was unable to do the trees....perhaps you inadvertently click the wrong one, thinking you clicked crops only?

PRT
Nov 08 2009, 10:25 PM
I was hired today to do crops and trees but I asked about the trees and the farmer did NOT want them touched. She clicked the wrong thing and was grateful I asked. I like my trees the way they are too, so I always ask if the tree option pops up. I hate to do trees anyway especially when they are all bunched together.

rhino-8
Nov 08 2009, 11:49 PM
hi,
good job first off!!

cant wait 2 see whats coming soon!!
what ever it is!

quick question thou!
how come when i hide trees, it dosnt hide the autum trees???

Butter Biscuits
Nov 09 2009, 12:38 AM
I love the new upgrades and items. However, will there be bigger lots later in the future. I hope so. And, will those who have been level 34, like forever it seems, automaticly be put at a higher level when there is a level higher than 34?

Butter Biscuits
Nov 09 2009, 12:39 AM
hi,
good job first off!!

cant wait 2 see whats coming soon!!
what ever it is!

quick question thou!
how come when i hide trees, it dosnt hide the autum trees???

Because the Autum trees are considered items and are not harvestable

goonie googoo
Nov 09 2009, 02:19 AM
it will work on level 34 soon......... W H Y ? ? ? it aint goin anywhere............

brenmo
Nov 09 2009, 02:30 AM
What if I want someone to harvest my trees for me? I just tried to hire someone to harvest for me and they couldn't do trees.

nikgary
Nov 09 2009, 02:46 AM
Awesome article...
Good idea of sharing the post.Please keep sharing for other updates in future..

SunnyCoast Angel
Nov 09 2009, 04:31 AM
I think its great that we can store items for further use but now mine wont let me get them out again. :mad:

JemimaPuddleduck
Nov 09 2009, 05:20 AM
my trees have all been safe since new update, :clap , yes the buttons a little confusing initially but you get used to it as you do the iggy button :) , a nice update for all

nzurcko
Nov 09 2009, 06:29 AM
This is all fine and dandy, but is somebody going to address the new "Dirt Path" problem? Maybe I missed a new thread and I appologize if this is not where to start one......... We all know what it is by now.............I have made changes to my farm since this problem first hit the scene (Saturday 11/07) and can not move things back.......I can not move forward either.:) I feel like I have a pretty nice farm and owe it ALL to that little dirt path!!! Many, many of these beautiful farms are due to the flexibiliy of this item and there will no doubt be allot of disappointed people. (trying my best to be upbeat:)
Check it out, please
Steve...

Digger Margee
Nov 09 2009, 08:12 AM
What if I want someone to harvest my trees for me? I just tried to hire someone to harvest for me and they couldn't do trees.

Yes, they can. You selected the wrong "harvest" option.
New feature 1. Crops only 2. Crops and trees
Work around: If you get someone to your farm and have hired them for 1.
then you decided you want to have them harvest trees also, > just click their Avatar and rehire.
Also, noted that sometimes to change the "hire" YOU must reset:
Just click PLAY tab > and then click their Avatar for a fresh invite.

Digger Margee
Nov 09 2009, 08:14 AM
Thank you for the Hire to Harvest crops feature, I can see I'm not alone with liking this new addition to Farmtown...... I have been reluctant to go to the market because of people completely ignoring me when I say NO TREES PLEASE, and then say Oh sorry I didn't notice you put that...... so thank you once again.

AGREED! Even my hubby butchered my trees when I told him "no"..grrrrr
Now, with this WONDERFUL addition (thanks guys !!!!) my trees are SAFE.
lol lol lol

twtywill
Nov 09 2009, 09:23 AM
Loe the new upgrades and additions. Looking forward to more levels. Have been at level 34 for weeks want more to do. More land?

nursebeme
Nov 09 2009, 10:15 AM
Thank you for all the new up dates. I look forward to more. Can't wait to decorate my farm for Christmas ;)

LindaFaye45
Nov 09 2009, 10:25 AM
You guys do an amazing job, love all the new changes, especially the Thanksgiving. I AM looking forward to move beyond 34 though. Thanks for a great game.

sandekw
Nov 09 2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks for all of the Thanksgiving items... I really love them!

I've been at Level 34 for quite a while and feel that I'm just maintaining waiting until you add more levels and until I can actually expand my farm. Any idea about when that may happen? It's not as much fun when there's nothing to work towards...

Thanks.

TrinityOaks
Nov 09 2009, 11:10 AM
I've been at Level 34 for quite a while and feel that I'm just maintaining waiting until you add more levels and until I can actually expand my farm. Any idea about when that may happen?
I think they're getting closer to additional levels, as hinted in #4 in the top post. Additional levels and land are two elements that take much longer to implement (without bringing all the servers down) than, say, a handful of new decorations. They have to make sure the servers can take the additional load before they roll out more levels/land to all 27 million users.

Cathy's Village
Nov 09 2009, 02:30 PM
I love the Thanksgiving theme!!

Please come by and have dinner with me, smile

richwe3
Nov 09 2009, 02:35 PM
That's what I love about this game....I feel the developers really try to make us farmers happy. You guys are awesome:D THANK YOU!!

carmenfarmin'
Nov 09 2009, 03:35 PM
whats going on with the pts? if you dont stay at the farm you harvest and plow till every single plot has been done and all that is left are the plowed plots then you loose all of the pts. this is very frustrating.

I don't know what you mean about being frustrated by having to stay on a farm until every
single plot has been plowed. Um does that mean that if you wanted to leave the farm
before the job was done you don't get the points?
So let me get this straight does that mean that you actually want to leave before the job that you are working at is done? Like you want to leave before the job that somebody
hired you to do is done?

I get frustrated when I hire people and they don't finish the job. They only go for the amount of points they want and then leave. What's up with that? If I did that at a real job
I would soon be fired ;)

uvafan42074
Nov 09 2009, 03:48 PM
I don't know what you mean about being frustrated by having to stay on a farm until every
single plot has been plowed. Um does that mean that if you wanted to leave the farm
So let me get this straight does that mean that you actually want to leave before the job that you are working at is done? Like you want to leave before the job that somebody
hired you to do is done?

I get frustrated when I hire people and they don't finish the job. They only go for the amount of points they want and then leave. What's up with that? If I did that at a real job
I would soon be fired ;)

No, he is speaking of once having done all the plowing/harvesting the owner needed he can then leave without having to wait on the character to finish. You can still do this by hitting the refresh button in your browser instead of the "Go Home" button in FT. If you hit refresh in the browser you do not lose points.

carmenfarmin'
Nov 09 2009, 03:56 PM
hi there um is this just the reply place for thankyou? Because I do say Thank you for the new hire to harvest crops feature. There must have been lots of requests for something like that besides mine because there are so many happy lovers of this improvement. I also love those Autumn trees, so pretty.
Have been asking alot of people to gift them to me . I want to make a whole woods of them :)
Um do have one problem about the fuel thing. I didn't buy any machines but lots of people gifted me those fuel cans. But cannot get them out of there and just sell them or at least delete them. It says have to have one of those machines to use it. OK so if I JUST buy the stupid machine so as to put the fuel in my storage so as to make it disappear (as I understand it you lose the fuel if you take it out of the gift list). I have told as many as I can not to send anymore. So if I do all of this will the fuel really go away? Because that is what I want. But even better how bout there be an option that when you click on the fuel can, besides saying you have to have a seeder or harvester also ask the question right then.. "if you do not have a harvester would you like to sell this can of fuel?" or delete or something like that. Because I want all of those fuel cans off of my gift list. I am not accepting them
anymore since found out cannot get rid of them.

goody
Nov 09 2009, 04:13 PM
Hovering to get next level points (and points needed) is an outstanding improvement.

Now if you could just add a similar feature to the fuel balance. Hovering over gallons should indicate time until next refill is possible.

Thanks for your help.

DaveT
Nov 09 2009, 05:54 PM
The upgrades are awesome. But it surprises me the two things we all want, more land and crops, are two things you refuse to do. A great game going sour it seems.

justin furtado
Nov 09 2009, 06:02 PM
i love all of the inprovements you made but i am level 34 and the game is starting to get VERY boring i would appriceate it if you would spend a little less time on the small stuff we can live without and a little more time on

MORE LEVELS at least a level 35 that is really hard to get to and some great rewards with it like MORE LAND avalible only at level 35 MORE CROPS avalible at level 35 MORE STUFF TO DECORATE OUR FARMS WITH avalible at level 35 so everyone gets what they want but they have to work for it

anniegeturgun
Nov 09 2009, 06:10 PM
Well done on listening to and taking heed of users opinions

anniegeturgun
Nov 09 2009, 06:21 PM
For the future, just dont accept the gift, press ignore in the confirm requests window..
To get rid of the fuel you have already accepted, why not but a seeder, burn the fuel on that and sell it on or put it in storage if you really dont want to use it again..oh just had a flashback, when u go to market, click to sell harvests or gifts, hit ht gifts tab then and it should let you sell fuel there as well as any other unwanted gifts

hi there um is this just the reply place for thankyou? Because I do say Thank you for the new hire to harvest crops feature. There must have been lots of requests for something like that besides mine because there are so many happy lovers of this improvement. I also love those Autumn trees, so pretty.
Have been asking alot of people to gift them to me . I want to make a whole woods of them :)
Um do have one problem about the fuel thing. I didn't buy any machines but lots of people gifted me those fuel cans. But cannot get them out of there and just sell them or at least delete them. It says have to have one of those machines to use it. OK so if I JUST buy the stupid machine so as to put the fuel in my storage so as to make it disappear (as I understand it you lose the fuel if you take it out of the gift list). I have told as many as I can not to send anymore. So if I do all of this will the fuel really go away? Because that is what I want. But even better how bout there be an option that when you click on the fuel can, besides saying you have to have a seeder or harvester also ask the question right then.. "if you do not have a harvester would you like to sell this can of fuel?" or delete or something like that. Because I want all of those fuel cans off of my gift list. I am not accepting them
anymore since found out cannot get rid of them.

Deb NZ
Nov 09 2009, 06:32 PM
hired you to do is done?

I would soon be fired ;)

Sometimes they have crashed and all the work they did harvesting that was unpaid at the time of crash remains on your screen.Most harvesters do the higher paid crops first for this very reason.So instead of getting cross with them please feel sympathy for the work not paid and no chance at the plough because of the crash.
It happens to me whenever a scan runs on my machine so I could have been an "offender"

scrappy doo
Nov 09 2009, 08:14 PM
Love all the new changes, now, if I could just refuel more often!

scrappy doo
Nov 09 2009, 08:17 PM
oops, one other thing, sure would be nice to have flowers as crops!

Biff_B
Nov 09 2009, 08:45 PM
awesome updates! love em :D

JanWells
Nov 09 2009, 11:13 PM
hired you to do is done?

I would soon be fired ;)

Hi,:) I always stay on the farm until all finished. I never get to join in the plowing because I have to wait until my avatar catches up to all the fields that I harvested or plowed. If I go really slow and stay right with the avartar, I am getting shorted on the harvest unless I am the only one working. While all others are hired to plow I am still waiting until the avatar vistes each field and even though the farmer send me the request to plow and I accept. I cannot do anythhing until the avatar catches up and then all the coins and xpc start shooting upward. What am I doing wrong. :confused:
:) I cannot tell you the fun I have had and still am with this game. It is so wonderful. Thanks. Jan

BjShell
Nov 09 2009, 11:28 PM
will we be able to buy more land? I have bought all I can and I am level 34, are we going to be allowed to buy more?

Thank you

S_J_P
Nov 10 2009, 01:00 AM
Hi,:) I always stay on the farm until all finished. I never get to join in the plowing because I have to wait until my avatar catches up to all the fields that I harvested or plowed. If I go really slow and stay right with the avartar, I am getting shorted on the harvest unless I am the only one working. While all others are hired to plow I am still waiting until the avatar vistes each field and even though the farmer send me the request to plow and I accept. I cannot do anythhing until the avatar catches up and then all the coins and xpc start shooting upward. What am I doing wrong. :confused:
:) I cannot tell you the fun I have had and still am with this game. It is so wonderful. Thanks. Jan

I don't know why you wait, when I am harvesting and then get hired to plow I don't have to wait for my avatar to catch up, my coins automatically add up. If I don't get to plow after harvesting I click on "play" NOT go home or back to the marketplace....by clicking on Play all my coins are exactly as they should be.

Debbie Zes
Nov 10 2009, 03:20 AM
I clicked on "play " instead of "home " and I lost 30,000 coins because of it .

After I get done harvesting , I get the "server " and have to click on "play"

and I end up losing coins that way too . I done it several ways , and again

I lost coins by the thousands . Yes I cleared cache , did everything I was

suppose to done and still end up with issues . I read this forum daily

and following many directions on this topic and still lose coins daily .

leolina
Nov 10 2009, 05:16 AM
As the title says...Neither me nor my friends can send neighboursrequests
anymore. If I click on "Add ***** as my neighbour" there pops up a pink
square saying "Out of requests Sorry, you have run out of requests to
send with this application. Please try again tomorrow." But I have'nt sent requests in months so thats not possible...

/Camilla

spindles72
Nov 10 2009, 05:50 AM
Hi All

can you let me know if you are going to add larger farms??? I have bought the biggest you do but still not big enough, I want to be able to add more to my form but can not do that?

Thank you

Carla x

Agreed. This needs to be done ASAP to keep us interested :)

Father Walt
Nov 10 2009, 07:03 AM
hired you to do is done?
;)

I don't think you understand what was being said - if you finish harvesting/plowing and you are just waiting for your avatar to catch up, the job is done but you are in dead time. Yes, I want to leave a farm, the job I was hired to do is done, and I am sitting on my thimbs waiting on a very slow avatar. I could be doing something else...

nita terry
Nov 10 2009, 07:59 AM
I asked about the storage removal option. Can you remove multiples or only one at a time?

karen sault
Nov 10 2009, 09:44 AM
are we going to be able to get bigger plots of land any time soon? i would love to be able to buy more things but i have no more room!!! i know you all are busy but that would be such an awesome thing to add!!!! thanks for listening karensault@yahoo.com

sommore599
Nov 10 2009, 11:18 AM
Why can't I harvest my own trees?

lythaus
Nov 10 2009, 12:33 PM
Updates are awesome thanks so very much:)

PollyMurphy
Nov 10 2009, 12:51 PM
Well I can't send any gifts. Hmm.

pbtally
Nov 10 2009, 01:32 PM
I want to thank you very much for the improvements you have made on Farm Town. Looking forward to other things you have in mind.

Mare Contrare
Nov 10 2009, 01:32 PM
My account has frozen all day. Is this a new release problem?

Dollari
Nov 10 2009, 05:40 PM
Thank you very much for all you people have done. I like it a lot and I look forward to see what you will do about christmas gifts and decorations :)

BobbieV
Nov 10 2009, 06:07 PM
hey your entitled to your opinion, so am I, who ever heard of a Thanksgiving Mailbox????

Uh I have.....Its called a TG wrap usually magnetized to attach to a metal mailbox ;)

Anyhoooo.....
YIPPPEEEE!! New stuff! Fixes!! Hire to harvest crops!!***dang now Ill hafta get more fruit trees!***

Oh oh and lets not forget the teaser! More levels to come!!!! **faint**
Boy my hunny aint never gonna see me at this rate! :D

Scott Shane
Nov 10 2009, 07:14 PM
Is this where we ask the creators to make changes? How about a better selection of animals to buy from the store!?! There are alot of flowers but only select assortment of animals. add cows so we don't have to wait for them to be gifted. How about ducks? Pigs? Goats? full grown chickens? did you ever consider ostrachages? (spelling?) But you know what I mean.

dndexter
Nov 10 2009, 07:45 PM
I'm a little confused. Is there no room for expansion for anyone right now? If so I can be patient. I only have an 18x18 farm. When I go to the realtors office I see no list of land prices at all.

TrinityOaks
Nov 10 2009, 09:32 PM
Is this where we ask the creators to make changes?
No, that's in the Feedback and Suggestions forum. Look for the threads marked "Post Here", and find the one appropriate for the suggestion you want to make.

TrinityOaks
Nov 10 2009, 09:35 PM
I'm a little confused. Is there no room for expansion for anyone right now? If so I can be patient. I only have an 18x18 farm. When I go to the realtors office I see no list of land prices at all.
No, you have the biggest farm already--32x32 without spaces between crop squares (24x24 with spaces). The last expansion becomes available at level 25. After you purchase the last one, the real estate window is blank.

cantstopthat
Nov 10 2009, 09:37 PM
I am still waiting to find out why i often loose many xp upon returning to my farm after plowing another farmers farm. I wait at their farm and don't leave early so I have collected all the xp's. Then when I return to my farm I actually loose 100's of xp points. WHY? Will someone pleast tell me? No one is answering this question no matter how many times it is asked.

TrinityOaks
Nov 10 2009, 09:59 PM
I am still waiting to find out why i often loose many xp upon returning to my farm after plowing another farmers farm.
Please help the moderators help you by reading the FIRST post or two in the thread linked below and following the instructions listed. After that, if you're still having trouble with this issue, post to that thread ONLY:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119226

chaitty
Nov 11 2009, 02:37 AM
I am still waiting to find out why i often loose many xp upon returning to my farm after plowing another farmers farm. I wait at their farm and don't leave early so I have collected all the xp's. Then when I return to my farm I actually loose 100's of xp points. WHY? Will someone pleast tell me? No one is answering this question no matter how many times it is asked.

It happened to me once. I plowed the whole farm of my neighbour but ended with little xp.. when i went back to her farm to check, only a quarter of the farm was plowed. After checking with her then only found out that she has no coin, all the harvested crops were still in her storage. So it could be one of the reasons for no xp and no coins for plowing...

JemimaPuddleduck
Nov 11 2009, 04:16 AM
I accept with information:If people feel like they have to wait until they are actually done on screen then quite a few of the addicts will quit this game a look for a new habit. The most fun part of the game was making money and i feel this has been lost.

is it really about the money? wow . . . :rolleyes:

Rural Rube
Nov 11 2009, 04:39 AM
Hi there and thanks to all for the innovations that keep happening!!

Please PLEASE will you work on upgrading the size of our farms as quickly as you can? If you look at my farm you'll find things planted, placed, squashed into parts of the farm they don't really belong - and the more new and exciting items I receive, the worse the over-crowding gets!!!

Please PLEASE can that be the very next innovation that everyone gets to work on?

Most grateful thanks,
Rustic Rube

NEHA
Nov 11 2009, 04:43 AM
Thanks !! Love the new Items and the Hire to harvest crops.... and the change to the confirmation removal to deleting a harvested field!! Awesome. Also the storage, too.
But still we have unlocked trees.when u r going to unlock trees so we buy them not waiting as gift.PLs do something for trees also.

TrinityOaks
Nov 11 2009, 06:57 AM
is it really about the money? wow . . . :rolleyes:
Yeah, it's about the money. Look at (but don't click) the spammer's links in the signature block. If a message starts with "I accept with information:", it's a spam attack. This one just happens to be a little more creative than most. The mods will be along shortly to delete it, I'm sure.

JemimaPuddleduck
Nov 11 2009, 07:04 AM
Yeah, it's about the money. Look at (but don't click) the spammer's links in the signature block. If a message starts with "I accept with information:", it's a spam attack. This one just happens to be a little more creative than most. The mods will be along shortly to delete it, I'm sure.

no :) well yes that bit is about making money... does not bother me so much as ignore it all :D . I was on about his incentive to play the game is money orientated.. could not get that.. I guess for some its about making their farm a successful business? being a lord of the land? don't know , for me it's time out to be creative (or in my case not so creative... which could be solved somewhat with lonesome farmers getting more not less allowance with what they can buy use plow etc etc etc . . hehhe had to fit it in)

seriously though it's a game not to win or lose but if having millions of cyber coins float your boat.. happy farming

TrinityOaks
Nov 11 2009, 07:14 AM
no :) well yes that bit is about making money... does not bother me so much as ignore it all :D
LOL! I guess I didn't make it very clear--this person isn't playing the game at all! The whole purpose of his post was to post those links in his signature block. As I said, if the post starts with "I accept with information:", usually the rest of the message is a cut'n'paste from someone else's post for the SOLE purpose of being able to get their signature block (with those links) into the forum.

JemimaPuddleduck
Nov 11 2009, 07:41 AM
LOL! I guess I didn't make it very clear--this person isn't playing the game at all! The whole purpose of his post was to post those links in his signature block. As I said, if the post starts with "I accept with information:", usually the rest of the message is a cut'n'paste from someone else's post for the SOLE purpose of being able to get their signature block (with those links) into the forum.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I see.. hmm dirty rotten scoundrel.. knew it pfft god so many deviants around need pest control squad. . . :0)
Thanks for the info now I understand

Missmelanie
Nov 11 2009, 09:06 AM
Love the new thanksgiving and fall items but when, oh when, will we get more land. It has been coming for many months.

Missmelanie
Nov 11 2009, 09:08 AM
Hi there and thanks to all for the innovations that keep happening!!

Please PLEASE will you work on upgrading the size of our farms as quickly as you can? If you look at my farm you'll find things planted, placed, squashed into parts of the farm they don't really belong - and the more new and exciting items I receive, the worse the over-crowding gets!!!

Please PLEASE can that be the very next innovation that everyone gets to work on?

Most grateful thanks,
Rustic Rube
I too am all squished in and awaiting the additional land option. Even if we have to pay for it, I'm good. For months we've read more land is coming. Want to keep playing and expanding. And what about more levels, I'm now a 33 and obviously want to keep playing.

BMCP
Nov 11 2009, 09:12 AM
Hi

First, thank you for all the new fixes/bugs and options. Obviously the team has been really busy. They are great. I finally have my tractor :-)

After the changes with harvesting (quicker) the XP points stopped following me. It was sporadic at first ( as are the coins), but now for the second time I have lost 2 entire fields of XP Points.
I have tried all the tricks as stated in older posts, but nothing works.
Is this a bug?
So the issue's are:
1) It seems for XP points I must remain at farm.
2) For coins I must remain at farm
Is this the new way or is there something wrong. I am losing lots of XP's and coins now.

Thanks so much for everything
Brigid

sir win-a-lot
Nov 11 2009, 10:57 AM
Hi

First, thank you for all the new fixes/bugs and options. Obviously the team has been really busy. They are great. I finally have my tractor :-)

After the changes with harvesting (quicker) the XP points stopped following me. It was sporadic at first ( as are the coins), but now for the second time I have lost 2 entire fields of XP Points.
I have tried all the tricks as stated in older posts, but nothing works.
Is this a bug?
So the issue's are:
1) It seems for XP points I must remain at farm.
2) For coins I must remain at farm
Is this the new way or is there something wrong. I am losing lots of XP's and coins now.

Thanks so much for everything
Brigid

I still use the save option when I finish the harvest or plow, so I can leave when I get the confirmation. Working that way I haven't lost any coins or points , but using the Home or Play buttons does cost you dearly IMO. If you want to move on to another job, then hit the save, then the Market Place or Realtors, where you can collect the coins/points away from the farm that you earned them. If you are heading home after the job, hit the save then click the go home works well, you will be taken to your farm as soon as the data is saved (which may be a little while, but not as long as waiting for the avatar to finish!)

drogna99
Nov 11 2009, 11:01 AM
Thank you for the New Version. We seem to get all we ask for thank you again.
Hope we'll be getting lots of Christmas Decorations????
HAPPY FARMING EVERYONE XXX

caryharri
Nov 11 2009, 11:26 AM
I'm afraid the new harvesting options does not work, I have used it a few times and they still harvest my trees, I even mention it as they arrive and some still do it!!::rolleyes:

BMCP
Nov 11 2009, 11:28 AM
Sir Win-a-lot

:-)
That is the one thing I haven't tried. How silly of me!
I will try that, thanks so much!!!

sharon003
Nov 11 2009, 02:08 PM
the hire to harvest crop only. Didn't work for me they also harvested my trees & now when my trees r ready to harvest i can't do it myself. But others can. Please help me. I use facebook. I'm on level 28 not 1

marticd
Nov 11 2009, 02:35 PM
I know it's like, didn't we do enough to help you ppl...lol...but, now when plowing for a farmer, your stuck there until your last xp is given...before you could take off, and have numbers bursting from your noggin... will that feature return? I sure hope so, makes you not want to take a large plowing job, and lose many minutes waiting it out.. Also, from one of those pesky lvl 34's... are we going to have new goals that we can reach for? Would be nice to work you butt off for "something" except unlocking the red crocus...just wondering...M

pjmack
Nov 11 2009, 03:33 PM
Like where we can see how many more points to the next level.That helps alot.

uvafan42074
Nov 11 2009, 08:02 PM
I know it's like, didn't we do enough to help you ppl...lol...but, now when plowing for a farmer, your stuck there until your last xp is given...before you could take off, and have numbers bursting from your noggin... will that feature return? I sure hope so, makes you not want to take a large plowing job, and lose many minutes waiting it out.. Also, from one of those pesky lvl 34's... are we going to have new goals that we can reach for? Would be nice to work you butt off for "something" except unlocking the red crocus...just wondering...M

I hit my browsers refresh button after harvesting/plowing and it saves my points/coins without having to wait on the avatar. But if I hit "Go Home" in farm town it will lose them.

Mo Kettle
Nov 12 2009, 03:15 AM
Wow, these changes are fantastic! I am delighted with Farm Town, it just keeps getting better. I just hit level 34 and in no way am I bored or tired of the game. The storage is awesome

Broken Wing
Nov 12 2009, 03:44 AM
Number 4 ...looks promising! I am ready for more levels and more land. Not so sure I dislike the non-confirm on delete. Does that include mansions?

TrinityOaks
Nov 12 2009, 08:40 AM
Not so sure I dislike the non-confirm on delete. Does that include mansions?
No, just crop squares. (That DOES include crop squares with growing or unharvested crops.)

BirdSalad
Nov 12 2009, 09:15 AM
Hi,
I'm posting a problem here because the official thread for posting problems to the new release is closed, and I don't want to start a new thread, and am not sure where else this should go. Moderators, please feel free to move this to wherever it needs to be.

When I am hired to harvest along with a number of other workers, my computer goes really slow. It's a part of the game, and I don't mind so much. But, since the new release - and I *LOVE* all the new items and protection for trees - I cannot flip to plowing from harvesting until my avatar finishes.

When I'm harvesting, the owner will usually issue a request to plow when s/he sees the fields all harvested, even though I'm still seeing the little progress bars all over the field. I have plenty of money, but am still trying to level up, so I happily accept a plowing job (multiple times, sometimes) even though I might lose money. But since the November 4 release, my screen won't flip to plowing until my avatar finishes all the harvesting.

When I'm harvesting by myself, it's fine. I don't mind hanging. I'll happily chat with the farm owner. But when there's competition, I usually lose out big time on the plowing, because I can't plow until my avatar finishes harvesting.

Shy of harvesting very slowly, is there a solution? I am afraid it will take me forever to get the next level now.:(

I am playing on a windows XP system, on facebook, am level 31 with 94,435 points, and I love FT! Just would like to be able to do a bit more plowing so I can level up.

Thanks!

ritafaye0201
Nov 12 2009, 11:28 AM
We should be allowed to sell the things we bought with farmcash and get our farmcash back, instead we get coins if we want to sell them. New items come out and we can't buy them since we used our farmcash. PLEASE let us sell them and get our farmcash back, I don't need any more coins!

emmyjay
Nov 12 2009, 03:05 PM
Thank you thank you thank you! The tree lovers will love this!

But what happened to the Visit ?? farm on a non-facebook friend's farm that has just seemed to disappear this week. Everything else is fine though.

Joe Terry
Nov 12 2009, 04:37 PM
when i plow at other farms, get finished and leave the farm, i dont get paid for it nor do i get my xp points. please let me know whats up with this. im at level 33 and i cant get my xp points to level up, im wanting to buy a mansion.....please let me know about this!!!!!

sallan
Nov 12 2009, 05:38 PM
Having achieved level 34, I've seen a number of changes in Farmtown happen, and I have yet not to be pleased with one of them. It is, by far, the most versatile game I've ever played, I'm allowed to be creative, and it's just a lot of fun. I must admit, for awhile, harvesting was a challenge, and I still feel a glitch now and then, but learning how the game works gives me an advantage. My avatar doesn't say "Wait I'm busy" anymore. If it says "Saving", I wait until it's saved. I use the "Save Pending Changes" option. I haven't had to re-harvest, -plow, or -plant since I started using that. Refresh is my friend, but I don't have to reload to get that one tree back that I hid. Now I can uncheck, then recheck the "Show Trees" tic (or flowers, or buildings). I never got the hang of the marketplace hiring/harvesting/plowing scene. I've harvested and plowed my farm many times myself just because I don't want to go to the marketplace. It's scary in there. When I do hire a worker, I pick one who isn't shouting HIREMEHIREME, I hire ONE, then ask them if they want help. Some do, most don't. I simply do not see the sense in hiring five, but maybe those that do just like to see them scatter. If the harvester does a good job, I hire them to plow. Thank you for a wonderful game, and I hope the future holds bigger and better things for those of us who love it.

lmohamed
Nov 12 2009, 07:01 PM
no one is in any of the rooms at the market for the last 4 days....my neighbors can see people and are not having that problem....what is going on?

happymummsie54
Nov 13 2009, 01:12 AM
there is no land at real estate office?

debra3937
Nov 13 2009, 07:37 AM
love the new additions! BUT we need more things to be able to do... i am at level 34 and it is just getting very boring now. there are only so many times that i can re-do my farm. farmville is getting a lot better than farmtown now and i never liked it before but they are coming up with better ideas! please!! please!! please, come up with more ideas to improve. a lot of my neighbors have abandoned their farms!!

debra3937
Nov 13 2009, 07:42 AM
great imagination!

debra3937
Nov 13 2009, 07:43 AM
You have to level up and have enough neighbors

acord7119
Nov 13 2009, 09:52 AM
Love the new changes. Can't wait to see what's next. Storage is great thanks. Moved most of my Halloween stuff to it and now it's full, hahaha.

Thanks again