PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- November 4th, 2009

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Nov 04 2009, 08:30 PM
Hi there,

We just released a new version of FarmTown which implement the following features and bug fixes:

Features:
---------
1. New Thanksgiving items

2. Hire to Harvest Crops. You can use this option if you don't want workers to harvest your trees

3. Faster delete operations: We removed the confirmation message when you are deleting harvested or gone to waste fields. If your level is higher than 15, we removed the confirmation message for all kind of crop fields even with real crops, to speed it even more.

4. If you hover over the XP bar on the top you will see how many points you need to the next level (don't work on level 34, but it will soon ;-)

Bug Fixes:
----------

1. Performance improved when working/dragging large farms that contained a specific set of items that were not optimized

2. The Harvest menu shown only on ready to harvest crops/trees

3. If you click on a non-ready crops/tree while harvesting, it shows you the growth %

4. More fixes with the XP assigments

Thanks

--Raul

***Moderator edit. If any of you are having any problems with any part of the new release please post those problems here http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253622&highlight=November+Release so we can help you and gather them all up to report to the developers.

Tyler45
Nov 04 2009, 08:32 PM
Awesome! Didn't know about the Hire To Harvest Crops. COOL!

Nadine
Nov 04 2009, 08:33 PM
Hi there,

We just released a new version of FarmTown which implement the following features and bug fixes:

Features:
---------

2. Hire to Harvest Crops. You can use this option if you don't want workers to harvest your trees

3. Faster delete operations: We removed the confirmation message when you are deleting harvested or gone to waste fields. If your level is higher than 15, we removed the confirmation message for all kind of crop fields even with real crops, to speed it even more.

4. If you hover over the XP bar on the top you will see how many points you need to the next level (don't work on level 34, but it will soon ;-)

Bug Fixes:
----------

1. Performance improved when working/dragging large farms that contained a specific set of items that were not optimized

3. If you click on a non-ready crops/tree while harvesting, it shows you the growth %

Thanks

--Raul

Thank you thank you thank you! The tree lovers will love this!

Goosecreek
Nov 04 2009, 08:34 PM
Many thanks! Love the new additions.:)

Gail_Friend
Nov 04 2009, 08:36 PM
Love the new Items and the Hire to harvest crops.... THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

FTAddict1
Nov 04 2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks!! Love the change to the confirmation removal to deleting a harvested field!! Awesome. Love the storage, too.

OverTheRainbow
Nov 04 2009, 08:40 PM
Thank you !!! I love the autumn tree and the Thanksgiving items!!! Thank you for the hire to harvest crops option. Hopefully this will prevent a lot of frustration for farmers!!! Many thanks for listening and helping us enjoy the game more !!!!!!!! Looking forward to Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

momgoose72
Nov 04 2009, 08:41 PM
Just love what you did. And that new feature - Hire to Harvest Crops - that is awesome. I don't want anyone touching my trees.

Ann Winters
Nov 04 2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks a bunch!

JAS0643
Nov 04 2009, 08:51 PM
Now there will be no more MY TREES MY TREES. Thank you for the updates, I like the changes and can't wait to see what else you all have for us.

DanZero
Nov 04 2009, 08:51 PM

What is it you are getting at? Possible new levels on top of these cool new features! SWEET I can't wait! Nice items too, great update!!!!!!!

b_in_ms
Nov 04 2009, 08:53 PM
Just a note to let you know I love all the recent updates. Keep up the great work

martyhusker
Nov 04 2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks for all the updates. Does number 4 on your list mean a level 35 might be coming soon?????

BettyBelle
Nov 04 2009, 09:10 PM
Thank you for the new updates!!! No more confirmations :)

TrinityOaks
Nov 04 2009, 09:15 PM
OMG!! Y'all are SOOOOO awesome!!!!

SPOTSROCK
Nov 04 2009, 09:26 PM
HUGE THANK YOU .. love the fall tree... beautiful.. and thank you for allowing me to hire again... as i hated when i would hire and ask PLEASE do not touch the trees... and bang they were harvested..
THANKS..

looking forward to more new surprizes ..

karlamaria
Nov 04 2009, 09:36 PM
I loved the tree's banner and all the thanksgiving stuff !! I hope we can keep the tree's there beautiful!!

jennasue
Nov 04 2009, 09:49 PM
Will we be able to just buy the fall trees ....I do alot with trees and could never get enough gifted...Thanks, I would love it if we could!!!:D

Dirt Diggler
Nov 04 2009, 09:54 PM
:(a thanksgiving mailbox????, who thinks up these ideas, i have read post for several months. I don't remember seeing anyone ask for this item, i have seen for several months people asking for a 8 or 10 hour crop, so this game doesn't interfere with work. i beg of anyone to show me the request for a thanksgiving mailbox. Its time to get SOME NEW CROPS, NEW LEVELS AND POSSIBLY MORE LAND , ENOUGH OF THE STUPID LITTLE MEANINGLESS TRINKETS. I have been playing since March & yes there have been drastic improvements in the game which make it better. but with the limit on choice of crops what it is, it is GETTING VERY VERY BORING. STOP THE BLEEDING SOON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Kelsey
Nov 04 2009, 10:00 PM
Awesome Raul!!

Super big thanks to you and Bert and all the developers!!
THANK YOU!!

You guys are fantastic, keep up the good work!

Tyler45
Nov 04 2009, 10:00 PM
number 4 makes me excited :)

melizabeth5
Nov 04 2009, 10:11 PM
What is it you are getting at? Possible new levels on top of these cool new features! SWEET I can't wait! Nice items too, great update!!!!!!!

Love it, love it...I am patient and will wait for whatever the dev's are cooking up...

cmemom13
Nov 04 2009, 10:12 PM
like the harvest changes, but where do we sit the Thanksgiving dinner-outside like the pilgrims?

Tyler45
Nov 04 2009, 10:13 PM
like the harvest changes, but where do we sit the Thanksgiving dinner-outside like the pilgrims?

uh yeah!!!!!

dolphlynn
Nov 04 2009, 10:13 PM
yay! can't wait to hire someone to do my crops and not have to worry about them touching my trees! horrah! THANKS for listening....devs!

rgshoe
Nov 04 2009, 10:22 PM
:D Love the new updates...especially the autumn trees!!! Thank You!!

DonnaSue
Nov 04 2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks so much~~trees's are now safe!! Thanksgiving items are great!

melizabeth5
Nov 04 2009, 10:33 PM

Certainly! I have three tables set up already, with campfires alongside. Nice and cozy for my large family!

Minyaelda
Nov 04 2009, 10:34 PM
Good Job!!! Thanks!!!

drwhit73
Nov 04 2009, 10:43 PM
Discovered the hire to harvest crops option by accident before I saw it on here. Love it! Thanks!

LindseysNana
Nov 04 2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the updates!

FloHarvester
Nov 04 2009, 10:44 PM
As FarmTown encourages social interaction, introducing the "Hire to Harvest Crops" is a great solution for removing a source of irritation and animosity within the game (people not wanting their trees harvested). Well done!

DonnaSue
Nov 04 2009, 10:46 PM
Certainly! I have three tables set up already, with campfires alongside. Nice and cozy for my large family!

Sounds nice and cozy Elizabeth!! I may have to borrow your idea!:D

queenofyack
Nov 04 2009, 11:04 PM
Awesome stuff guys.
Can you do a little pop up notifying the farmers of the trees option thing? (Like you did with storage)
I was hired to harvest and the guy said "trees too" and I was like "I can't" LOL I think he got mad and thought I was ignoring his trees.
I referred him to th forum but who knows how many folks actually come here to check out the awesome stuff you all do!
So maybe a nice little pop up will help.

queenofyack
Nov 04 2009, 11:08 PM
:(a thanksgiving mailbox????, who thinks up these ideas, i have read post for several months. I don't remember seeing anyone ask for this item, i have seen for several months people asking for a 8 or 10 hour crop, so this game doesn't interfere with work. i beg of anyone to show me the request for a thanksgiving mailbox. Its time to get SOME NEW CROPS, NEW LEVELS AND POSSIBLY MORE LAND , ENOUGH OF THE STUPID LITTLE MEANINGLESS TRINKETS. I have been playing since March & yes there have been drastic improvements in the game which make it better. but with the limit on choice of crops what it is, it is GETTING VERY VERY BORING. STOP THE BLEEDING SOON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
At risk of being booted off the forum I will still gladly say "Dude STFU".
I have been playing this game for 6 months and I have seen many great changes. I believe the devs work hard to keep things new and moving forward. And all you want to gripe about is a mailbox you don't like.
So tell me what games have you scripted and made constant updates too recently?

Vivian66
Nov 04 2009, 11:13 PM
Thank you for the improvements with the new release but where do I list a bug I have encountered?

smudgelyon
Nov 04 2009, 11:23 PM
Still cannot hire anyone, cannot see anyone in market place!!!!!!!!!!!

shellbell33
Nov 04 2009, 11:26 PM
I think Raul is giving us a hint. That we should expect more levels soon. If you read where it says about the XP and how many points you need to level up. Then you notice he said that it won't work on 34 but it will soon!

SO it is coming just be patient peeps :D

Okay not that I'm trying to be whinny or anything... Lord knows I'll have a riot after me. But we need more thanksgiving stuff! I LOVE It already. The tree is the best. I want more more MORE ha ha ha ha lol

But like a horn of plenty cannot spell the correct wording for that. Indian Corn, pilgrims, Corn husks. Native Americans, stuff like that ;)

Other than that I love it! Cannot Wait for me...Need to harvest and plow to get to 34...Almost there...Welll not really but close anyhoo. :D

MonaPayne
Nov 04 2009, 11:27 PM
Hi there,

Features:
---------

Bug Fixes:
----------

Thanks

--Raul

Its really a wonderful thing that you guys can work on all these thing and add woderful new features. But I want to know when will it be time to work onthe problem so many farntown users are having....mainly, that the game wont load. If it is never going to be fixed I need to delete my farmsI have been a level 34 for several months,,,sure have missed my farm

Miss Libby
Nov 04 2009, 11:29 PM
Hi there,

Features:
---------

This is great and I know that there will be more to offer as the year turns, but I would like to suggest that there are a lot of people who play this game that do not live in the US. Canadians have their own Thanksgiving which they celebrate in October. And the players from south of the equator are starting to gear up for summer. Any thoughts on eventually making this game more universal? Example: Have a forum thread for people outside the US to request their own celebratory stuff.

I just hit Level 34 tonight and, from what I can see of friends who are already 34, it appears that I won't get to Level 35 til around 400,000 XP. GACK!

I don't mind having to wait but I would like to know if you are working on stuff for upper Level players.

Thanks

--Raul

Last but certainly not least... ;)

...I want to thank you all for the Big Seeder. I had given up farming because it took so long and had gotten kind of dull. I got my farm all spruced up and then only farmed for others. Now with my new toy... I mean, new Tool (Big Seeder), I am back to farming my farm.

So, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

:D

RobH142
Nov 05 2009, 12:15 AM
Miss Libby

You say:

"I just hit Level 34 tonight and, from what I can see of friends who are already 34, it appears that I won't get to Level 35 til around 400,000 XP. GACK!"

As of now there is no level 35 - level 34 is the highest you can go; there are 'farmers' in FT with > 3,000,000 XPs still on level 34.

But where you quote:

“Originally Posted by Raul
4. If you hover over the XP bar on the top you will see how many points you need to the next level (don't work on level 34, but it will soon ;-)”

Then I think the give-away is the ‘wink’ at the end – a hint surely that higher levels are on the way ‘soon’!!

Thanks to developers for a great game - and now some great updates!!

C'mon - spill the beans - how 'soon' is 'soon'. lol

Witch Hazel
Nov 05 2009, 12:25 AM
Thank you a million times for keeping the black cat & candy basket in the gifts as well as adding fun Thanksgiving stuff! Love the trees and the banner is so cool at the entrance to my farm!!! And another million TY's for keeping the cauldrons and farm town pumpkin in the shop!!!!I really wanted the small one and as soon as I get to 33 I'll have enough farm cash!!! wheeeee!!!!!!!!

Witch Hazel
Nov 05 2009, 12:25 AM
PS are you bringing back the brown scarecrow this month?

Sherri_
Nov 05 2009, 12:43 AM
Thank you so much for the new updates. I didnt know the option to hire w/o doing trees when I did hire some to pick them today. Maybe I didnt get the update yet.

Proud_ARMY_Mom
Nov 05 2009, 12:56 AM
I THANK YOU AND MY HAPPY LITTLE TREES THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D hahahaha!!!

MikeLutton
Nov 05 2009, 12:57 AM
i want turkey thanks giving seeds now that be cool holiday seeds i also want put more trees on my farm then just same 4 all the time what u think

please lower the price of the mansion

pat909
Nov 05 2009, 01:00 AM
I love the new features, especially the Autumn tree! Thanks so much for all your hard work; it is really appreciated!

MikeLutton
Nov 05 2009, 01:03 AM
does this mean our crops wil not go to waste anymore or our flowers if so it mean lot to me

Jilly Moon
Nov 05 2009, 01:47 AM
Love all of the recent changes - REALLY love the storage, & the new Autumn trees. In fact, I got so excited at the prospect of a farm full of fall colored trees, & was planning on storing some of my fruit trees for the season......& then realized that I can't :(

PLEASE let us store trees! What are we going to do with these beautiful fall trees come springtime? Sell/delete them? :(

Overall, absotively awesome job listening to concerns & coming up with fabulous new features! Big thanks to all who work so hard at making Farm Town fun again!

JanMac57
Nov 05 2009, 01:58 AM
Whooo Hooo! Love the update! The autumn tree is gorgeous! Trees protected - Great! But best of all ........ that lovely hint of new levels. Incentive to keep plowing. Wonder where I'll land when they come in???? Thank you Bert and all the devs. Keeping me hooked again.

xxjimmyxx
Nov 05 2009, 02:05 AM
i love the delete without the confirm thing but i have noticed that it dos not always save what has been deleted

RobH142
Nov 05 2009, 02:37 AM
Love all of the recent changes - REALLY love the storage, & the new Autumn trees. In fact, I got so excited at the prospect of a farm full of fall colored trees, & was planning on storing some of my fruit trees for the season......& then realized that I can't :(

PLEASE let us store trees! What are we going to do with these beautiful fall trees come springtime? Sell/delete them? :(

Overall, absotively awesome job listening to concerns & coming up with fabulous new features! Big thanks to all who work so hard at making Farm Town fun again!

Hi Jilly

RE: Your Autumn trees - if you click on one of them you will see that you can in fact add them to storage - you can't store 'ordinary' trees but thankfully you can these.

lol

As always - thanks devs for a great game - great updates!!

arobinred
Nov 05 2009, 02:40 AM
You hinted about something after level 34????? Bring it on!!!

Kulot
Nov 05 2009, 03:30 AM
WOOOHOOOOOO...This is why I love FARMTOWN!!!!!!!!!! :p:p
Thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... *kisses to------* whoever* :D :D:D

FARMTOWN ROCKS!!!!!;);)

pg tips
Nov 05 2009, 03:43 AM
anybody know when you hire someone to harvests crops does it hide the trees or just means they cant harvest them?

love the upgrades guys

Paul Miller
Nov 05 2009, 03:51 AM
Is there any way you could unlock all the trees and make the autumn tree a item for sale? I really would love to fill my farm with autumn trees and make it look more seasonal, but I can only rebuy Apple, Orange, Pine, and Lemon trees which means it would take months getting all my Mango & Coconut trees back through gifting.

BTW, thanks for keeping the Black Cat, I also really loved the brown scarecrow and hope that it comes back eventually, I prefer to the old FarmTown red and yellow one.

I had a though with the cats, is there any way that every month you could offer a different color cat? One month orange, one month white, one month black, month gray and so on...

Thanks for listening!

sir win-a-lot
Nov 05 2009, 04:13 AM
fantastic improvements!

This is what the game needed, and now we are really enjoying the game again, well done devs!

pg tips
Nov 05 2009, 04:26 AM
anybody know when you hire someone to harvests crops does it hide the trees or just means they cant harvest them?

love the upgrades guys

OK just found out that when you hire someone to harvest crops it doesnt hide them so you will still need to get people to hide trees if you have crops hidden by trees.

And also you can hire people to harvest crops if you only have trees ready for harvest

shinichi
Nov 05 2009, 04:30 AM
thanks a lot :D

kimberleyferg
Nov 05 2009, 05:05 AM
The additions are awesome! No more tree drama! Yay!

Harley2
Nov 05 2009, 05:11 AM
Thank you so much! I DIDsee a little wink in that message about level 34!!

MandyW
Nov 05 2009, 05:21 AM
Thanks for all your hard work. You guys rock! ;o)

peter32
Nov 05 2009, 05:35 AM
great job thanks for the updates :)

australiagyrl
Nov 05 2009, 06:18 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I LOVE IT :)

Love all the changes, especially knowing my trees will be safe makes me so happy.

Now I can go back to the market and hire there.

Thank you for all the upgrades and all the work you've put into farmtown. :p

Kelsey
Nov 05 2009, 06:57 AM
The updates are awesome, however now I get a pop up all the time telling me about storage and with my daily coins a prompt to take a picture of my farm. I don't like that part so much ... but that is trivial compared to the awesomeness of the update! Great work dev team!

meggymoo65
Nov 05 2009, 06:59 AM
I got this in my message box today...Farmtown has reached one million players. To celebrate you must send this message to 10 players and your points will be doubled. Send to a minimum of 30 players and your farm will be enlarged...Is it true or is it a scam? I sent the message to 30 players, and my points weren't doubled and my farm was not enlarged. Anyone know anything about this?

nancyhalderman
Nov 05 2009, 07:01 AM
I love the autumn tree, if you can design a few more that would be fantastic. Wish we could purchase them too. The fixes for the deleting will be great and love the harvesting without doing the trees. Now we won't have to ask everytime.

Now.....how can I get all the coins back that the system has taken...I know you are working on it, but there is no way to keep track of all the coins that have been taken. Last night it took 17,910 in one chunk.

Thanks for your efforts, perhaps you can get the coins robber to stop!!!!!

PattieCake
Nov 05 2009, 07:06 AM
I love my Trees!!!! Thank you xx

(my farm doesn't normally look as it does at the moment! Its a work in progress ;-))

crisco311
Nov 05 2009, 07:08 AM
I got this in my message box today...Farmtown has reached one million players. To celebrate you must send this message to 10 players and your points will be doubled. Send to a minimum of 30 players and your farm will be enlarged...Is it true or is it a scam? I sent the message to 30 players, and my points weren't doubled and my farm was not enlarged. Anyone know anything about this?

when entering the forum there is a list of items. included in this is all the hoaxes. i read the forum everyday to stay up on all the news on farmtown

crisco311
Nov 05 2009, 07:16 AM
Love the new changes for yesterday. Love the work u do and thank you. I noticed my plowing points were not coming when i leave a job . Does that mean i have to stay until the avatar is finished

hbmen14
Nov 05 2009, 07:17 AM
wow,farm town just got even better :) tnx

Che-Rah
Nov 05 2009, 07:17 AM
Raul, et al....a simple thank you from this modest farmer........:)

bigmama1965
Nov 05 2009, 07:23 AM
People will love the fact that they don't have to worry about their trees being touched now. Also nice for the harvesters as they no longer have to worry about hiding trees! Also given the fact that it says level 34 will soon be scan your xp points and see how many u need for next level, means that level 35 and possibly beyond must be coming soon!!!!!!

Julia2654
Nov 05 2009, 07:28 AM
I love the fact that the devs used their own collective imagination to add the Thanksgiving items. The colors are gorgeous and the tofu stuff just cracks me up.

As far as the program tweaks (ie Hire to Harvest Crops) all I can see is trouble, trouble, trouble. Threads will go down. People won't have that to complain about. THE RUBBER ROOM WILL BE OVERRUN!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Other than that, GREAT JOB -- AS USUAL -- kudos from this very satisfied Beta Tester!

gdc25
Nov 05 2009, 07:29 AM
I always like new things but, I just noticed that I can no longer use dirt paths to stack items. *sigh*

Xandur
Nov 05 2009, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the update.

Is there any chance of having the Thanksgiving trees hide when the "Hide Trees" option is selected? Mine are obscuring some crops and will making harvesting them tough if not impossible.

missmo
Nov 05 2009, 07:53 AM
The new tree is so very pretty, thanks for the changes!

mullins_tina
Nov 05 2009, 08:14 AM
these updates would be nice if you would fix the game so people could log on and play some people cant get past 0% loading now mine has gone back to the black page thank you

auburnrain
Nov 05 2009, 08:20 AM
TY for all the cool new things.. I really am looking forward to teh christmas items..can not wait for that..Christmas is my favorite holiday!:o

Chihuahualady
Nov 05 2009, 08:28 AM
Thank you for the Hire to Harvest crops feature, I can see I'm not alone with liking this new addition to Farmtown...... I have been reluctant to go to the market because of people completely ignoring me when I say NO TREES PLEASE, and then say Oh sorry I didn't notice you put that...... so thank you once again.

janetkayr
Nov 05 2009, 08:28 AM
I was harvesting fields and it was not showing up in the marketplace .

Shaldimar
Nov 05 2009, 08:37 AM
Wow this just keeps getting better and better! Love Farmtown and Love the devs and mods. Thank you so much for everything you do!

essexboy
Nov 05 2009, 08:40 AM
cheers for the new stuff.the best is the harvest option and the new thanksgiving tree.keep up the great work devs.:)

Farmer_Susan
Nov 05 2009, 08:40 AM
LOVE the autumn trees and the Hire to Harvest Crops!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!

I also think the Tofu Turkey is cool even though I'm not a vegetarian. Y'all rock big time. :D

ForgetMeNotsWife21108
Nov 05 2009, 08:52 AM

Niceeeee! So how many more levels are we going to get ;) I love the new thanksgiving stuff, will there be any more added? ;)

jen.roth
Nov 05 2009, 08:53 AM
Yeah would be nice to just go to a marketplace or an inn or anywhere with people in it!

bluehope64
Nov 05 2009, 09:03 AM
Oh FarmTown, Oh FarmTown, how I love my FarmTown!!!
Thank you so very much for all the additions and for addressing players' requests. So happy :-) The autumn trees are just wonderful, (the squirrels are very pleased) the Thanksgiving tables are delightful, (if a tad late for our Canadian Friends ;-) ), many, many thanks to you developers. Off to enjoy the new goodies and changes now...hmm, hmm, hmm (humming my new FarmTown song) :-)

Dirt Diggler
Nov 05 2009, 09:17 AM
I have been playing this game for 6 months and I have seen many great changes. I believe the devs work hard to keep things new and moving forward. And all you want to gripe about is a mailbox you don't like.
hey your entitled to your opinion, so am I, who ever heard of a Thanksgiving Mailbox????

Tipka
Nov 05 2009, 09:24 AM
I'm totally amazed, every week something new comes and I like it. I already bought some thanksgiving decs and got few autumn trees and wellcome sign and all I can say is: give us more. I would like to buy different autumn trees and maybe a patch of two of leaf carpet, just to get yet more in the autumn spirit, and a fruit/corp basket or an autumn wreath would look nice.

For other changes, many of my friends are either hig levels or just lost interest, so I mainly harvest myself, but I know that many farmers will like harvesting upgrade.

I'm level 33 now and didn't like the idea that all end at 34...but now I'm very pleased that level 35 is in sight ;)

Thank you again, I like this game so much and more.

MINDY1979
Nov 05 2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks!!!!!

servocrow
Nov 05 2009, 09:34 AM
THANKS DEVS!!! Just tried the "hire to harvest crops" option with myself (long story)..and it works beautifully. I harvest my trees sometimes, and sometimes I don't..nice to have the ability to choose. Looking forward to levels beyond 34, have my Thanksgiving table and Autumn trees sitting out...along with a few fearful-looking turkeys...hmmmmm..

Keep 'em rolling in...Now, if I would just stop locking up when I'm in full screen, I'd be one happy farmer.

TTFN, gotta chase some turkeys down for dinner...

Tipka
Nov 05 2009, 09:37 AM
hey your entitled to your opinion, so am I, who ever heard of a Thanksgiving Mailbox????

Like you ever heard of the farm with bananas, coconuts, coffee AND rice in the distance of few acres? You don't like it, you don't have to buy it. Of course everyone is entitled to his opinion, but I find yours somehow opressive. Because you don't say you just don't like it, you say developers shouldn't came out with the mailbox and also farmers shouldn't buy it.

I like the autumn colors of new mailbox and allready bougth two of them just to enhance the autumn theme. Does it bother you what color scheme I use on my patch of land?

Lene Bay
Nov 05 2009, 09:44 AM
Thank you very much for the new things! One of my neighbours has got some autumn trees. But I can't find them in my shop. Do I need to be in level 34 to get them? I'm in level 33 now. I can't find them.

~Farmer Tom~
Nov 05 2009, 09:49 AM
Thank you very much for the new things! One of my neighbours has got some autumn trees. But I can't find them in my shop. Do I need to be in level 34 to get them? I'm in level 33 now. I can't find them.

They are a gift item, have neighbors send them to you

dorispa
Nov 05 2009, 09:50 AM
Raul
Do you know why I cannot get into farmtown and all of my friends are telling me I am not listed as their neighbor anymore!?? It is very frustrating because my farm is beautiful, I am level 34 and made a flag with roses!

Doris Stoltz

Farmer_Susan
Nov 05 2009, 09:52 AM

Niceeeee! So how many more levels are we going to get ;)

Oooooh - I missed the "it will soon" part! Thank you, developers!!!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!

LoreneC
Nov 05 2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks devs! Love all the new stuff and love having the anticipation of higher levels to come!

Suzy83
Nov 05 2009, 10:07 AM
thanks! now I know why I couldn't harvest trees today. Everyone should check out the FORUM so they know how to use the game. Love the feature!

DixieKaye
Nov 05 2009, 10:10 AM
Thank you so much, love the new thanksgiving items and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new hire to harvest crops!

Elizzybeth
Nov 05 2009, 10:13 AM
Raul
Do you know why I cannot get into farmtown and all of my friends are telling me I am not listed as their neighbor anymore!?? It is very frustrating because my farm is beautiful, I am level 34 and made a flag with roses!

Doris Stoltz

I also CANNOT log onto my farm..annoying!! I was on last night..but not today.

latham
Nov 05 2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks for giving us such beautiful Thanksgiving items. When was gifted them, the trees just blew me away, and the Thanksgiving tables - well I purchased all there was with coins.

Can't wait for Christmas, and all the surrounding holidays.

You do such great work.

Farmer Sam UK
Nov 05 2009, 10:24 AM
thank u so much for the new features love them particulary the option of harvest crops i love my trees in full bloom thank u thank u xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
farm town addict!

latham
Nov 05 2009, 10:32 AM

Yes, several of the request made have not been granted. We don't know why. If this game is getting boring, go to Mafia Wars.

Then when all the changes YOU want have been made, you can come back. No problem.

stampcrazy
Nov 05 2009, 10:33 AM
Love all the changes and ditto all the above sentiments. I'm hoping that when you said the hovering over the experience points to tell how many to next level will SOON WORK for level 34. Does that mean you have more and more new things for those of us who are at level 34???? Hope Hope Hope! And I, too LOVE the fall tree and am looking forward to Christmas in Farmtown.

LoreneC
Nov 05 2009, 10:34 AM

Walmart and other similar stores carry magnetic autumn mailbox decorations so that is probably where they got that idea! :)

sheriffjeffery
Nov 05 2009, 10:56 AM
[hello people,thanks for the thanksgiving stuff but i want to know if yall will have christmas stuff in december,and i think it would be nice if we had a red brick wall on this game....but thanks for taking time and reading this

torpedo1962
Nov 05 2009, 10:57 AM
plowed on a neighbors farm and had almost 92000 xp points nd when I logged on later it was just ablove 90000.What happened to my points?

torpedo1962
Nov 05 2009, 10:59 AM
Are you going to do snow patches and snowmen for christmas?

torpedo1962
Nov 05 2009, 11:00 AM
gift your money for another idea

joss1
Nov 05 2009, 11:04 AM
Sadly the hire to harvest so trees wont be touched did not work for me. My trees got totally stripped.sigh!

LoreneC
Nov 05 2009, 11:08 AM
Sadly the hire to harvest so trees wont be touched did not work for me. My trees got totally stripped.sigh!

Did you hire to "harvest" or hire to "harvest crops"?

Katho
Nov 05 2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the changes, can't wait to see what else you have in store.

cantstopthat
Nov 05 2009, 11:36 AM
HELP!! Every since I enlarged my farm I cannot pan my farm or another farmers farm with my mouse. It splits the farm in half down the middle. It will not allow me to work on the right side of the farm. This started immediately after I enlarged my farm. It doesn't do this of Farmville so I know there is nothing wrong with my PC. I replaced the batteries in the mouse. This is so irritating that I can't even play Farmtown anymore. I mean what gives? Please advise

npdckrsn
Nov 05 2009, 11:37 AM
PLEASE announce the two harvest options the way the storage was announced. I was having a time trying to figure out what was wrong.

Katho
Nov 05 2009, 11:37 AM
Many thanks for the changes, can't wait for what else you have in store.:D

uvafan42074
Nov 05 2009, 12:01 PM
Love all the added features to the game. I also can't wait to see to see what is in store.

FarmLovinFool
Nov 05 2009, 12:23 PM
Awesome, thanks so much!!!!!!!

jdgillies
Nov 05 2009, 12:27 PM
Thank you very much for all the new additions.
But my biggest question is were are the free coins promised if we emailed the letter to 10 friends.

queenofyack
Nov 05 2009, 12:29 PM
Well funny you should ask. Today while driving to work I saw a mailbox that had a turkey mounted on it. Not a real one or anything..but it was cute.

Esme Weatherwax
Nov 05 2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the update and was that a little tease for us level 34s. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what you give us for Christmas :D

jwkbstrouble
Nov 05 2009, 12:46 PM
love all the new changes!!

amajor
Nov 05 2009, 12:47 PM
Love the Harvest Crops option. HATE the continuing problem with EXP points dissappearing!!!

wingnut1938
Nov 05 2009, 12:52 PM
Since you implemented this release you lose your coins and experience points if you accept a new job or go back to the market place before the counter has clicked down on them all.
Please can you fix this ASAP!!!!
Thanks

silky
Nov 05 2009, 12:52 PM
THANKS AGAIN!!! CAN'Y WAIT FOR THE NEW LEVELS!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO! and no one can touch my trees!!!! tytytyty

wildchild 49
Nov 05 2009, 12:55 PM
Thank you all so much :)

Debbie Arnold
Nov 05 2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks so much for the new options on the hiring. And the Thanksgiving Items are really nice.

jordynsmom
Nov 05 2009, 01:10 PM
wow, I love all the new stuff you just did. I love the new mailbox, I can't believe people are complaining about it. I was waiting to see what you would do, and now I cant' wait to see what you do for Christmas and all the other holidays to come. Keep up the great work.

LoneWolf_80
Nov 05 2009, 01:10 PM
What are the new options?
Where do I find out when there are new ones added to Farm Town?

tinna444
Nov 05 2009, 01:13 PM
are we going to be able to buy more land soon?

cute
Nov 05 2009, 01:20 PM
matters not to me that thanksgiving in canada was a month ago/ always nice to wish all a happy thanksgiving for all we have and not what we want.I am canadian

bonnie bunnell
Nov 05 2009, 01:24 PM
:):DYesssssss,my trees are safe...Thanks Soooooo Much Devs...Love all the improvements and thanks for all your hard work.

baileyr4
Nov 05 2009, 01:25 PM
Since you implemented this release you lose your coins and experience points if you accept a new job or go back to the market place before the counter has clicked down on them all.
Please can you fix this ASAP!!!!
Thanks

I am finding since the upgrade yesterday that I am losing my XP points if I leave the job. The coins do come with me when I go though. I have to stay on the job when I plow until my avatar counts every square or I will lose those XP points. It would be nice if that part was like it was prior to the upgrade, I could go back to the marketplace to look for another job and my XP points would follow me.

LindaZ
Nov 05 2009, 01:47 PM
Thank you so much for all the upgrades you guys are awesome!!!

THGina
Nov 05 2009, 01:52 PM
GREAT updates. Thank you.

Capt. Conor
Nov 05 2009, 02:02 PM
Great thanks!!! Anyone else happy with the constant updates, slashkey is making? I am for sure

PRT
Nov 05 2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks so much!!! It was great to see that harvest crops line pop up. My trees are now safe :) Makes even hiring from the market less "iffy." My neighbors and buddies know not to touch the trees, but now it's impossible for others to do. Great job!!

papaw wack
Nov 05 2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the great work. Can we exxpect more land for the level 34 players?
Would love to have more land to expand on.
Thanks Papaw wack

sugar2002ukuk
Nov 05 2009, 02:15 PM
Awsome news about the trees

Dixie Cup
Nov 05 2009, 02:15 PM
We appreciate your efforts to make this more fun and I have a few thoughts for you. I use corn stalks on my light post and porch on my house. I also have a wheel barrow with gourds and apples, etc that look very Fallish. Perhaps a set of Pilgrims would also be nice. I can't justify using a table "outside" in the snow, I live in the North. I would love a wreath for my doors also. Thanks so much.;)

Deb NZ
Nov 05 2009, 02:17 PM
Bar for level 34 is not full till you have 1 million xp (sorry)

jjessica
Nov 05 2009, 02:18 PM
HI, Just wondering when christmas stuff comes out for FarmTown and hope to see christmas decorations like lights for our houses, garland, be cool to dress up our farms :)

Deb NZ
Nov 05 2009, 02:19 PM

love the upgrades guys

Doesn't hide them just can't be harvested

Deb NZ
Nov 05 2009, 02:20 PM

This message is a HOAX

sarmstrong
Nov 05 2009, 02:21 PM
Love that you are adding seasonal items, BUT I have never served dinner outside. What were the thoughts when you put tables on the items to buy since we cannot get inside our houses?? There are so many fall things that could enhance our farms, cornstalks, gourds, wreaths for the doors, fall leaves, etc. Thanks for listening.

mst
Nov 05 2009, 02:24 PM
I am disappointed that the vets/service people weren't remembered for Rememberance Day.

Dirt Diggler
Nov 05 2009, 02:42 PM
Like you ever heard of the farm with bananas, coconuts, coffee AND rice in the distance of few acres? You don't like it, you don't have to buy it. Of course everyone is entitled to his opinion, but I find yours somehow opressive. Because you don't say you just don't like it, you say developers shouldn't came out with the mailbox and also farmers shouldn't buy it.

I like the autumn colors of new mailbox and allready bougth two of them just to enhance the autumn theme. Does it bother you what color scheme I use on my patch of land?

it doesn't bother me a bit that you like the mailbox, or what you do with your little piece of land. I also never said not to buy it,your entitled to buy what your little heart desires. What my point was that, I think they are wasting time on this kind of item, when a lot of people besides me, literally thousands have asked for new crops or levels for several months and get the response, well be patient, be patient. It has been about 4 months since they added a new crop. an 8 hour or 10 hour crop is what I think is needed to help keep people interested in this "Best of the bunch" farm game. By the way i do love this game and the majority of stuff they add is great, they have also done wonders with the way the game works, and I have on occasion give the creators thumbs up on the progress of the game. Farmtown is by far #1
I'm really hoping one day they will add more crops in a new release

Susan B
Nov 05 2009, 02:43 PM
The problem with that harvest crops only feature is that it locks you in this mode until someone else hires you to harvest both crops and trees, even your own trees. I'm not bothered about harvesting other people's trees, and I really don't understand why people are so fussy about them, but I do want to be able to harvest my own trees when I want. By the way, I always ask first before harvesting trees.

Double JJ
Nov 05 2009, 02:46 PM
Love the new stuff, but would really love to be able to buy the autumn trees! I won't be able to get as many as I want from gifts. Please put them in the Thanksgiving store too!

Kelsey
Nov 05 2009, 02:46 PM
The problem with that harvest crops only feature is that it locks you in this mode until someone else hires you to harvest both crops and trees, even your own trees. I'm not bothered about harvesting other people's trees, and I really don't understand why people are so fussy about them, but I do want to be able to harvest my own trees when I want. By the way, I always ask first before harvesting trees.

Awesome - Susan, the mods will be so happy that you posted here as well!

And I am very glad that Telegraphs (a mod - for those who don't know) was on that other thread and was able to report this glitch right away.
I have not had a chance to try out the new hiring features and haven't been hired yet, so am sure there are lots of others out there who will no doubt have this happen eventually and be confused. It will be good for them to know that the devs have already been told about it so they can fix it.

RonHarris
Nov 05 2009, 02:49 PM
Thank you for these great additions, changes and upgrades. I particularly like the storage option you added recently.

And also, thank you for putting this information on the forums and not making everyone listen to a podcast, or some other annoying thing. You place your news and updates where it is easy to find them and easy to access them.

Cheers!

TrinityOaks
Nov 05 2009, 02:53 PM
But my biggest question is were are the free coins promised if we emailed the letter to 10 friends.
That's a well-known hoax.

knikula
Nov 05 2009, 03:05 PM
Love the improvements! Especially love the Autumn tree! Farm Town is phenomenal!

Magsta
Nov 05 2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks so much for the upgrade..so love the Autumn trees...and to be in control of if our trees are harvested, or not, is simply the best...:) ...more levels would be the icing on the cake..;)

Jilly Moon
Nov 05 2009, 03:38 PM

I just tested this out & found it to NOT be true for me....was hired to do crops only, & went back to my farm & harvested a tree; no problem.

becbec
Nov 05 2009, 03:53 PM
whats going on with the pts? if you dont stay at the farm you harvest and plow till every single plot has been done and all that is left are the plowed plots then you loose all of the pts. this is very frustrating.

DivaSunshine
Nov 05 2009, 04:06 PM

That is actually exactly how I decorated my farm pre the release awesome how it worked out .. you arrive in a pen full of turkeys lol and I have my thanksgiving picnic all set up next to it it is great great had three picnic sets already there for it now with the new things I put one in storage and now I have what i wanted Yay thanks for thinking just like me LOL

pwilliams50@att.net
Nov 05 2009, 04:14 PM
I have lost XP points every time I have plowed farms on the past week. When I finish the job one amount is listed when I return to my farm I lose the earnings (Not all but a large amount) After reading the threads I re-freshed to see if they came back and they did not.. Probably have lost a few thousand XP points (A Guess)

Snappy Dungarees
Nov 05 2009, 04:17 PM
Hi there,

Features:
---------

Bug Fixes:
----------

Thanks

--Raul

Thank you SO very much for the quicker deletion of fields! Was taking me an eternity to do that on a refit!

And as for the improvements to dragging and working...I definately noticed a FAR improved performance when watering my neighbours flowers today. It was wonderful and certainly sped up my session by a good 50% so now it only takes an hour compared to two!

So thank you once again. I can't tell you how happy I am about those two in particular! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/hapydancsmil.gif

Oh oh oh oh...now you have me gagging on my Cherry Coke...oh oh oh..does that mean? Does it? Does it??Raul! DON'T TEASE ME! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/panicsmiley2.gif

Fredonia
Nov 05 2009, 04:33 PM
Love the new updates! Haven't encountered any bugs as of yet that directly pertains to this update.

I only have one question, will there be more Thanksgiving items added as we get closer to the holiday itself?

gloria z
Nov 05 2009, 04:52 PM
Wow..great job on the thanksgiving decorations and thank you so much. The trees are quite awesome and look so very real..similar to where I live what the trees look like in fall. Very lovely touch. Also love the new items from the store as well.

I am now having a nice turkey dinner next to my homemade pool with my autumn trees in full color...:p

Hmmm...that funny..I seem to be missing a turkey....:eek:

Snappy Dungarees
Nov 05 2009, 04:54 PM
Wow..great job on the thanksgiving decorations and thank you so much. The trees are quite awesome and look so very real..similar to where I live what the trees look like in fall. Very lovely touch. Also love the new items from the store as well.

I am now having a nice turkey dinner next to my homemade pool with my autumn trees in full color...:p

Hmmm...that funny..I seem to be missing a turkey....:eek:

*Nom...nom..nom* Mmmmm.......*muffled* nice turkey.....*scoff...chomp..slurp* yeah...really tender and tasty....

secretsybs
Nov 05 2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks for all the new items,Can't wait to see what you wll do for Christmas hopethere will lots of things choos from.

Thanks again Raul

Sybs

meme127
Nov 05 2009, 05:28 PM
I just love this game it has gotten my family working together and seeing how we are spread all over we can meet on our farms and that is great.
thank you so very much for this game we all have enjoyed it so much. My husband who never plays games has taken to this game like I don't know what he is in his 70's and he does wonderful with it. again thank you keep up the good work. Have a wonderful day and a better tomorrow always.

iPlant
Nov 05 2009, 05:31 PM
Thank you for the new features. I CANNOT wait to get beyond level 34!

Toni4
Nov 05 2009, 05:43 PM
Thank You, thank you!! I am a tree lover so the new feature I adore!!

MrsBonsai
Nov 05 2009, 05:44 PM
I'm not able to send gifts to friends today. It doesn't list anyone in the friends list. It can't be a timeframe thing, because I wasn't on for a couple days. So it should not be an issue. But when I came on earlier today, it wouldn't let me send. Anyone else?

Jwebb
Nov 05 2009, 05:49 PM
I really like the "hire to harvest crops "option. I never harvest my trees and I know there are many other farmers out there that will love this too :) I can't wait to see more Thanksgiving decorations!

DonnaSue
Nov 05 2009, 06:13 PM

Ditto Queen, Ditto....

Pamajama1
Nov 05 2009, 06:26 PM
Love the Hire to Harvest Crops option and all the other new changes implemented lately!!! Thanks so much! :)

Auntie H
Nov 05 2009, 06:38 PM
I love the autumn trees and the mail box. Thank you!!!

calliopejane
Nov 05 2009, 07:09 PM
Super awesome about the "hire for crops" thing! I liked the big harvester because it made it easier to just harvest my crops myself rather than trying to keep people away from my trees all the time. I just quit hiring harvesters altogether, hired for plowing only. But I just now hired people to harvest again! WOO-HOO!!

Dynna65
Nov 05 2009, 07:10 PM
Anyone having trouble hiding the autumn trees? I had to move them for harvesting, plowing and seeding etc.

bunnyhuntress
Nov 05 2009, 07:21 PM
As usual, the changes are mostly great!

All day, however, every harvest job I was hired for, they were unable to hire me to plow. That is terrible! Doubt it is related to the changes, but maybe just a coincidence??

The delete for harvested squares change came JUST a day late for a big remodel but will be appreciated the next go round :-)

brian954
Nov 05 2009, 07:24 PM
I am finding since the upgrade yesterday that I am losing my XP points if I leave the job. The coins do come with me when I go though. I have to stay on the job when I plow until my avatar counts every square or I will lose those XP points. It would be nice if that part was like it was prior to the upgrade, I could go back to the marketplace to look for another job and my XP points would follow me.

I tested this with a friend today - when he was done plowing - XPs were not tallying - but he reloaded (hit the play button) and when he got to his farm, all the XPs were there -- I heard someone else say it works if you reload with "Play" but not with "home" or "MP"

In any case, until it gets sorted out, hit play after you're done. You should get your XP's.

brian954
Nov 05 2009, 07:33 PM
my question is, will we still lose all the fuel in our giftbox every time we refuel? if so, i'm going to sell all but one and make some coin.

When you refuel - whatever is in your giftbox goes into your fuel tank - nothing is lost. I refueled today, had 13 fuel tanks in my gift box, and it added an extra 1300 gallons. Got enough fuel for a few weeks in one refueling.... If you read the gauge when you refuel - you will see it there... Happy seeding!

walkerbob
Nov 05 2009, 07:44 PM
Great! The season items are very nice!!!

Can I suggest one thing more along this line:
"If your level is higher than 15, we removed the confirmation message for all kind of crop fields even with real crops, to speed it even more."

For those of us who aren't newbies, can you also remove the message about how the mouse can zoom?

quilts4cb
Nov 05 2009, 07:51 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for solving the tree harvesting problem!!!

TraceyMush
Nov 05 2009, 07:59 PM
Love the autumn tree! Then l found:
Tofu Turkey Dinner!!!! Muuaahhhh!!!!!!!!
Love you guys! LOL

D5Ditto
Nov 05 2009, 08:57 PM

I put mine in my Patriot's Garden. That is outside; it is a sunny day; what the heck.

D5Ditto
Nov 05 2009, 09:03 PM
I sooooo totally agree. Ya can please some of the people some of the time, but ya can't please all of the people all of the time; especially not Dirt Diggler. I love the updates that have been coming in at a pretty rapid pace. I am level 34. I so far have no complaints about the game. I LOVE it.

mommy21858
Nov 05 2009, 09:11 PM
I am unable to play Farmtown since Nov. 4th. For some reason it isn't working on my computer. I have given my name and password for facebook to my daughter to see if she can use my farm town on her computer at her home and it works there. She is harvesting my crops so they won't die cause i don't know how long I won't be able to get on. All other facebook games I play are working just fine.
Thanks for your help
denise cobia

LoreneC
Nov 05 2009, 09:34 PM
I put my Thanksgiving table in my with my turkeys! Now I can't wait to see if they all run outside the fence!

Tyler45
Nov 05 2009, 09:34 PM
Do you know if crop waste has been turned off again or not?

wiyaka
Nov 05 2009, 09:51 PM
Thanksgiving items are GREAT! Are we gonna get a pilgrim to share our dinners?

Can't wait for Christmas! Hope we have twinkling Christmas lights on the trees, lots of wreaths, Santas & reindeer!

cute
Nov 05 2009, 09:56 PM
Like the new trees they shine!! Thank you for the updates

Paul Miller
Nov 05 2009, 10:00 PM
I can't wait to see all the decorations come Christmas time!

Texas Dove
Nov 05 2009, 10:00 PM
Thank you, dear coding friends. We appreciate the new options you have given us and the cute mailbox, etc, etc.
wow, you keep making it better! ;)

Momo The 1 and only!
Nov 05 2009, 10:05 PM
Hi there,

Features:
---------

Bug Fixes:
----------

Thanks

--Raul

***Moderator edit. If any of you are having any problems with any part of the new release please post those problems here http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253622&highlight=November+Release so we can help you and gather them all up to report to the developers.

I thank you so much for the new features!!! Especially the "Harvest Crops Only"! I thank you and my trees thank you!

bellwendy
Nov 05 2009, 10:09 PM
It would be nice to receive the new items as gifts when your friends send them to ya. I have had friends send me Autumn trees and thanksgiving banners and I click accept, but no gift. When will this be fixed?

tomater
Nov 05 2009, 10:16 PM
Pumpkin head scarecrows are the servers at my thanksgiving table. :p

Kelsey
Nov 05 2009, 10:18 PM
It would be nice to receive the new items as gifts when your friends send them to ya. I have had friends send me Autumn trees and thanksgiving banners and I click accept, but no gift. When will this be fixed?

That is a MS and FB issue - please see the official thread for more info.

Iowafarmtowngirl
Nov 05 2009, 10:52 PM
OMG The developers ROCK!! Everything in this latest upgrade are awesome!!!!! Thank you for all the hard work :o)

guerin3
Nov 05 2009, 10:53 PM
I really like all the new changes! There was a fix to harvesting also - but I don't see post that reflects the fix. As soon as I'm done harvesting, I can be hired to plow and still get all my coin for the harvest. A couple weeks ago that was a problem - and I'd lose all the coin as soon as I accepted the plow. So THANKS!

I have a little request - I would love to put mums around with my autumn trees! Could you please make a few more fall vegetation? I love them! Maybe a pile of leaves? Thank you! I love the game!

Why does this say Account Not Linked? I'm a 33.

sheepman123
Nov 05 2009, 11:03 PM
Love the new features, this is by far the coolest game on my facebook!!!

L C.
Nov 05 2009, 11:08 PM
Is it true you have a level 35 and we can purchase more land?

Sassy Kathy
Nov 06 2009, 12:03 AM
Is it true you have a level 35 and we can purchase more land?

Nope. Not true.

hoppnjoe
Nov 06 2009, 12:52 AM
are you waiting for everyone to quit brfore you release more levels and seeds? thanks

valelady
Nov 06 2009, 01:43 AM
Like Mrs Bonsai, I cannot send gifts to my friends. It tells me to select the gift, then select who to send it to. I do this and just get a message saying no one selected. This has been happening since yesterday. Cazn you tell me what I can do

dianne372
Nov 06 2009, 02:25 AM
A big THANK YOU!!! to the Developers for the new changes:) I speak only for myself when I say it's appreciated! I am looking forward to future updates! Keep up the good work:)

laroo
Nov 06 2009, 02:43 AM
hats off to you and THANKS for all your time and energy you put into this game...kudos

penny71
Nov 06 2009, 02:58 AM
Thanks Dev's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! much appreciated and to all the endless moaners on here...SEEEEEE if you sit and wait patient like good girls and boys, you get what you ask for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XXXXXX

penny71
Nov 06 2009, 03:03 AM
Here here...seems the same spoilt brats reappear in adult life too!

JavaJane
Nov 06 2009, 03:29 AM
Love the trees :) My favourite season, so my place will be Forever Autumn! Look forward to more levels!

carlshunt
Nov 06 2009, 03:32 AM
Hi All

can you let me know if you are going to add larger farms??? I have bought the biggest you do but still not big enough, I want to be able to add more to my form but can not do that?

Thank you

Carla x

NurLyn
Nov 06 2009, 04:01 AM
Hi there,

Bug Fixes:
----------

Thanks

--Raul

Dear FT Developers,
I can't seem to load my FT since yesterday. Read other users having the same problem since last few mths. Really love to be able harvest again before my fields gone to waste. What could be the problem & how can i assess to my FT a/c again? Hope FT could solve my problem soon. TQVM :(

Tanya_biuk
Nov 06 2009, 04:45 AM
Thank you ever so much for not only these new features and bug fixing, but for generally listening to our many and constant gripes (I still would like confirmation as to whether or not we DO get the money for harvesting someones crops if we either leave or move on to plow for them) lol

Momo The 1 and only!
Nov 06 2009, 05:42 AM
As you see by the Announcement from Raul we now have a brand new feature.

When hiring you can now specify that the harvester may only harvest your crops. There is nothing special to do, simply choose this option from the drop down when you click on the avatar you would like to harvest at your farm.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l217/molly58/harvestcropsonly-1.jpg

Other improvements include:

Faster deleting of fields since you do not have to confirm each field you want to delete. You will still receive the confirmation pop up for deleting other items on your farm.

It is now easier to know when you will reach the next level. Hover your mouse over your experience points for an update on the exact number of experience points you need to reach the next level.

New items in the store for Thanksgiving including turkey dinners and a tofu turkey dinner.

There are new gifts to send for Thanksgiving like Thanksgiving banners and an autumn tree.

Autumn tree:
This can be put in storage, rotate, but does not hide when you click on "hide trees".

Option to request as a gift. Nearly every item on the farm now has the option to request this as a gift from your friends. The request will be published on your Facebook page.

**We have also noticed that when people have been hired by farmers to harvest crops only, they cannot harvest their trees when going back to their own farm. Try refreshing or logging back in.

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD ONLY TO POST PROBLEMS YOU HAVE FOUND WITH THE NEW RELEASE. OFF TOPIC POSTS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE TO THE MEMBER.

While I was working for a new buddy, at about 6:25 am est, on firefox, I was unable to plow for my buddy. She sent multiple requests to plow, but after I accepted, the page didn't refresh. I couldn't go home to my farm, and had to go to the facebook home page, then go back into farmtown to accept her job request. After I left and came back, all was well. I also noticed that I cannot open and read my mail at other people's farms.

HelenJS22
Nov 06 2009, 05:51 AM
Hey thanks guys - I'm an Aussie and we don't do Thanksgiving, but I LOVE the pretty autumn tree. Oh, by the way, you say if we hover over our xp points it will show how much is needed for the next level, and that it will soon work on level 34. Does that mean that if level 34s hover over our xp points it will show us how much longer we have to wait for levels 35 to 50 to show up? Ok, ok ..... I'm going !!

spittle
Nov 06 2009, 06:30 AM

OH, well ... this didn't work for me ... *sniff* ... as the person I hired just to harvest the crops could also touch the trees. All the fruits are gone ... what a nightmare.

Anyway --- ... thanks, for the new feature ... as it might work for others.

Have a relaxed weekend,

Ms Spittle Bug

spittle
Nov 06 2009, 06:34 AM
Under my user name it says beginner . level 1 ... :confused:

I am in level 31 ... and the link under my signature seems to be an old one. Is it not refreshing itself?

Thanks, for your help!

Bye,

Ms Spittle Bug

Textmum
Nov 06 2009, 06:35 AM
I love the new tree and really would like to be able to buy more, will we also be getting trees where the leaves have shed?

candlelight
Nov 06 2009, 06:47 AM
Under my user name it says beginner . level 1 ... :confused:

I am in level 31 ... and the link under my signature seems to be an old one. Is it not refreshing itself?

Thanks, for your help!

Bye,

Ms Spittle Bug

Hi Ms Spittle Bug. The auto-link button doesn't always work properly. You will need to manually link your farm. You can find information on how to do this here:

OFFICIAL Creating Link Farm <--> Forum
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176630

Creating a link for myspace farms http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203282

silky
Nov 06 2009, 07:21 AM
thank you so much!!

kehleia
Nov 06 2009, 07:30 AM
now my two cents worth....to the guys and gals doing the updates and fixing the bugs and ticks...are doing a awsome job...thank you

Mia9399
Nov 06 2009, 07:32 AM
*angels singing* Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the 'Harvest Crops' option--- I will never be mad again b/c some schmo harvested my trees when I told them not too---THANK YOU!!

*super squishy giddy hugs*

~*~dances away~*~

spittle
Nov 06 2009, 08:08 AM
Thanx bunches ... :D

farmer gma
Nov 06 2009, 08:55 AM
I really like the autumn tree. However, instead of so many Thanksgiving tables to buy, a cornucopia or perhaps some dry corn sheaves would give a live more variety to this time of year.

DARLENEW
Nov 06 2009, 09:16 AM
:( i think i owe the devs a big apology. I made a remark earlier about the thanksgiving dinners, and i can say i am sorry. I suppose i have gotten a bit bored since i am at level 34 with nowhere else to go, and spoke out of line. I am very appreciative of the upgrades and their hard work, and i am never to big to say "i'm sorry". Thank you so much for the upgrades and the hard work you are putting in to make the "grumps" like me happy. Again, sorry, sorry, sorry, and thanks, thanks, thanks!!!! Happy farming everyone!

MissyJ1
Nov 06 2009, 09:26 AM
:( i think i owe the devs a big apology. I made a remark earlier about the thanksgiving dinners, and i can say i am sorry. I suppose i have gotten a bit bored since i am at level 34 with nowhere else to go, and spoke out of line. I am very appreciative of the upgrades and their hard work, and i am never to big to say "i'm sorry". Thank you so much for the upgrades and the hard work you are putting in to make the "grumps" like me happy. Again, sorry, sorry, sorry, and thanks, thanks, thanks!!!! Happy farming everyone!

I agree. I do ***** a lot about the devs, but they do have a tough job.

MissyJ1
Nov 06 2009, 09:28 AM
I really like the autumn tree. However, instead of so many Thanksgiving tables to buy, a cornucopia or perhaps some dry corn sheaves would give a live more variety to this time of year.

Being a vegan, I am appreciative of the options available to us and grateful that you have recognized those of us who choose the more humane (meatless) ways of life. I would love to see more variety to the decor though. You can only use so many dinner tables and banners. I have turned my tables into a feast for the homeless but I would like to see other options. Thanks!!

Irisp
Nov 06 2009, 10:11 AM
I opened up the new release and there is remarkably little left of all the work I did. I have a few fences, a cottage and a couple of cats left. I tried reloading the page several times, but it isn't getting any better:(

~Farmer Tom~
Nov 06 2009, 10:23 AM
Have noticed issues with clicking on people to hire, clicking on machines to plant. Upon clicking nothing happens, sometimes 4 or 5 times nothing happens. Eventually the Hire Request message appears so I no its been sent, or the seeds section of the store opens up so you can use the planter. Other items on the farm seem to be acting this way too, like when trying to move an item. Clicking on it and selecting move multiple times in order to move that item.

Another thing I have noticed is Farmtown freezing up causing you to have to terminate the program and relog in to facebook. Nothing has changed on my farm, no additions, no stacking, but when working and choosing another task sometimes the game just locks up indefinately.

dacus
Nov 06 2009, 10:45 AM
When do you think you will be able to fix the disappearing and reappearing crops. They seem to come and go at will. Your worker will harvest them and you will refresh and the crops are back, sometimes even the plowed ones come back unplowed.

latham
Nov 06 2009, 11:17 AM
are you waiting for everyone to quit brfore you release more levels and seeds? thanks

It's up to you if you want to to quit. The developers do great work. But, they have to do it in orderly manner. The last release hinted of more levels. Remember, this is a beta (testing) app. Be patient. If you do not like the pace of the updates, or what's in them, stop playing for awhile. Then when you come back, you may like things better.

This is not like Farmville where everything is static. They can have more crops, animals that earn money, etc. because they're not interactive. Farm Town is.

And, thank the developers for all the hard work. You have no idea what it takes to write a little thing like a candy basket, let alone another level, more land, and more crops.

ajones7252
Nov 06 2009, 11:24 AM
I think it is even faster today but love the new updates. Keep them coming.

Vic The Hick
Nov 06 2009, 11:35 AM
I love it!! I am soooooo sick of people harvesting my trees that I just started doing my own harvesting. Now, I can go back to hiring people without the frustrations :) Also, love the storage idea and the autumn trees!! Thank you FT for a fun, FREE game.

DARLENEW
Nov 06 2009, 11:43 AM
I agree....i have stopped re-arranging my farm because there is nothing to do right now...but am patiently waiting for updates. I know the devs are working hard, so i will not quit ft, i love it to much, i will just wait with anticipation, then when the updates come it will be like starting over again and i can become "re-addicted". Good work devs and thanks!

dorifrugal@aol.com
Nov 06 2009, 11:54 AM
When I plow on my farm the patch is deleted.

Victoria
Nov 06 2009, 12:28 PM
Thank you SOOOOO much for the option of hiring people so they can't harvest trees. I am back to hiring MP people again.:) The Thanksgiving stuff is a little late for us Canadians.;)

kumaro
Nov 06 2009, 12:43 PM
:confused:
ok, the kids are stupid, i know. one hired me and then i wanted to harvest trees after i asked him. nothing. ok. i told him about the new feature for hiring. so he hired me again for trees.
everything seemed to work as normal, lots of progress bars. but then i realized that i got no coins, avatar not moving. nothing. all the tree harvesting was a fake. that is a bad bug with the new hire feature.

Some time earlier another guy hired me for tree harvesting and he pressed the wrong button. if you give a kiddy too much options you will get problems:-)

the most players never read any handbook, they just want to play. or maybe they are not able to read anything else than plowwwwwwwwww. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:p;)

Mary Dee McMinn
Nov 06 2009, 12:46 PM
Love the new additioins to FT and appreciate your efforts. Please know that I am unable to "HIDE" my new fall trees to harvest my farm.

Cannot wait to see all the new things for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Game is only getting better!:)

cagirl
Nov 06 2009, 12:48 PM
when will the new option "to harvest crops" be on my menu? it's not there as of today....

Fat Nanny
Nov 06 2009, 01:08 PM
I have noticed that the enqueing of plowed fields is not working as of Nov. 4. It was working before the new stuff happened. The last time it worked was Nov. 3.

Snappy Dungarees
Nov 06 2009, 01:31 PM
I have noticed that the enqueing of plowed fields is not working as of Nov. 4. It was working before the new stuff happened. The last time it worked was Nov. 3.

Not sure why that would be happening to you. It's been working fine for me today and yesterday. Maybe you should report it in the Help and Support section of the forum for a response that's more helpful than what I can offer.

farmer jolene
Nov 06 2009, 01:51 PM
Thank you thank you thank you. I love all the upgrades, the fall colours are lovely, and although thanksgiving has past for us Canadians, it is always fun to have a farm away from home where you can still eat outside in November!

nannyjan
Nov 06 2009, 01:52 PM
Love it!!!!!!

Mary Dee McMinn
Nov 06 2009, 02:01 PM
Please note that when I remove trees to harvest my fields, the Fall Trees are not removed...... Love the new Thanksgiving items and cannot wait to see what we can get for Christmas!! Thank you for all your efforts! Sure makes the game a lot more fun.:)
Mary Dee

phil farmer
Nov 06 2009, 02:05 PM
Can someone explain how the hire to harvest crops works? I just hired someone and didn't see anythng any different. Love the rest of the changes.

MommyOfThree'sFarm
Nov 06 2009, 02:09 PM
its nice to have all the new season items as the holidays are coming but there is a limit on storage so that really sucks. i have all my Halloween stuff in storage now thanksgiving stuff is out.

S_J_P
Nov 06 2009, 02:19 PM
These new updates are awesome....now I won't have to listen to people complaining the devs/mods aren't listening!!! Keep up the great work guys...and yes I am a tree hugger !!

smudgelyon
Nov 06 2009, 02:30 PM
I still cannot see anyone in market place, inn or realtor'e office! I am not going to continue this game after today, what is the point if I can't even hire?! I am a seriously frustrated level 34!:(

edgin1@embarqmail.com
Nov 06 2009, 02:46 PM
I am at 34 level and am waiting, waiting ,waiting, to go on , I love what you're doing!!! cant wait for those new levels!!!

luvscats
Nov 06 2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks for all the updates. Does number 4 on your list mean a level 35 might be coming soon?????

Would love to see levels 35 and up. My friends and I have sooooo much fun playing:D

goofyshoes
Nov 06 2009, 03:31 PM
I:D agree there won't be any more tree lovers complaining. I was one of them, but, knew with patience they'd grow back....now, we don't have to worry or read complaints, and now, the little brat weezzzzzels who harvested the trees for spite, well, are SOL.:eek::p

Flossieone
Nov 06 2009, 03:35 PM
*If you hover over the XP bar on the top you will see how many points you need to the next level (don't work on level 34, but it will soon ;-)

*oooooooh I like this!!!! sounds like more land coming soon!!! I do hope so.

Thank you so much for all the updates, brilliant, thank you all for all your hard work in making this game brilliant xxxx

S_J_P
Nov 06 2009, 03:57 PM
I still cannot see anyone in market place, inn or realtor'e office! I am not going to continue this game after today, what is the point if I can't even hire?! I am a seriously frustrated level 34!:(

Try refreshing, this seems to work for everyone.

S_J_P
Nov 06 2009, 04:01 PM
I:D agree there won't be any more tree lovers complaining. I was one of them, but, knew with patience they'd grow back....now, we don't have to worry or read complaints, and now, the little brat weezzzzzels who harvested the trees for spite, well, are SOL.:eek::p

Yep....need to ask one (or two) question(s) though. I hired someone with the new hiring method and none of the crops hidden by the trees were done...can the hiree's not see them or can they not get to them? Or are the just too lazy?
I love the SOL...heehee!
What I could never understand is...some people ask for tree harvesters in the MP and no one wanted to do them but get them to your farm and they head their first....what was up with that??

katie farmer
Nov 06 2009, 04:13 PM
Yes.. thank you . Nice fixes... nice tree :)

ema1976
Nov 06 2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks for all the great additions! Love the game and love that ya'll are so attentive to adding new items and features. You guys do a great job!!

sharkiesmum
Nov 06 2009, 04:25 PM
Love the new releases & the thanksgiving stuff & even though im English I have them on my farm as I love them & as respect for my american friends :D PLEASE hurry with L35 :p