PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 22nd, 2009

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Raul
Dec 22 2009, 06:17 PM
****[UPDATE]**** Please see the new created thread for latest information

Hi There,

First, the Bert account was hacked recently and there were some posts made on his behalf, we are researching this issue now.

Second, we just released a new version of FarmTown a while ago. As stated before, we were going to focus mainly on the lost XP/Coins issues which are critical at this point. However, in order to minimize the lost XP/Coins issues, we had to make some changes to the way harvesting/plowing works when you are hired.

Before, when multiple people were hired on a farm, everybody starts clicking randomly on every field, and there are a lot of collisions, people harvesting/plowing on the same fields, as you don't see clearly where other people are working.

The new way is this, if you harvest fields that are close to where your avatar is, then your avatar will be teletransported and will be a very quick transition, it should be as quick or comparable to what it was before, however if you click on a field that is farther away, then you will have to wait until your avatar gets to that field to continue working.

This change will make that on some instances you work slower, on the other hand people get more dispersed while working on a farm, you can actually see them where they are working, and there will be much less collisions between them. This will also add another component to the game, now it's not just blindly clicking on the fields, you have to also consider the position of other players and your chances to avoid collisions and to get more work done. Now, when you click on a field that another player did before you, then you will see a message saying "already done", before, there was no feedback at all.

Of course, we know this release will cause a lot of complains as well, because in order to improve one area we had to change the behaivor on another area which some users will not like it, but compared to the issue of frequent losing more XP and coins, we just decided this was the way to go.

So far we have detected that there are 70% less issues with lost XP/coins that before, and it should improve with time even more.

As a separate note, the cursors on the game have been made larger and they don't get overlapped by other items on the game.

Thanks

--Raul

Kelsey
Dec 22 2009, 06:18 PM
Thank you very much Raul. We appreciate everything you do for us.

Snappy Dungarees
Dec 22 2009, 06:20 PM
Thank you Raul. Some of us do appreciate what you're trying to do. :)

LoreneC
Dec 22 2009, 06:21 PM
It is faster this evening than it was this afternoon.

Metallicat
Dec 22 2009, 06:22 PM
My only complaint is that this should be titled "22nd", not "22th". xD

jeanieNGMsfarm
Dec 22 2009, 06:24 PM
thanks for the hard work. i was one of the few once i tryed it who realized how nice it was i just didnt like the wait to walk when i clicked away but now that you explained it for us i know why its done and understand thanks again. but i do love the speed and easyness when you click crops next to eachother

bdnunley@hotmail.com
Dec 22 2009, 06:26 PM
If it ant broke don't fix it . Well someone should have told them this before now because they broke it trying to fix it dumb dumb dumb!!!!!!!!!!

z45char
Dec 22 2009, 06:27 PM
Please go back to the speed and the way it was. It is now so slow, I hate to be hired or to hire anyone.

Thanks.

Metallicat
Dec 22 2009, 06:28 PM
If it ant broke don't fix it . Well someone should have told them this before now because they broke it trying to fix it dumb dumb dumb!!!!!!!!!!

If you had bothered at all to read why they changed it, you'd see that they are doing to fix something that was broken; people were not getting coins or XP in some instances, and it was clearly stated that there's been 70% less problems regarding these. Read the OP before you reply.

charity3277
Dec 22 2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks-although this does make work slower(for now), it also returns it to the relaxing FUN it used to be in the early days of FarmTown! No more ridiculous complaining about 'hogs', being 'greedy'; no more overlapping of fields. I have enjoyed this game ever since I became addicted (and proud of it!) last March! Keep up the good work, it's much appreciated!

LoreneC
Dec 22 2009, 06:29 PM

If you were one of those losing coins and XPs you would have thought it was broken before.

I harvested and plowed from the market this afternoon and again this evening. It is faster this evening.

Lance Seastrand
Dec 22 2009, 06:29 PM
I really hate this upgrade, I would rather lose coins and xp points than have it this way. I appreciate the fact that you are trying to fix the problems, but if it stays like this I am done playing Farm Town.

Franklyn
Dec 22 2009, 06:30 PM
Thank you for this upgrade. At last I can continue you plough and harvest quickly using a methodical method without plots disappearing from under me by 'invisible' and somewhat greedy farmers. I have not lost out at all tonight as my method is very quick unlike those who use a random method. Keep up the good work. :-)

joytheresa
so ok i get why u made the change but can you tell me why my screen jumps when i try to drag it to move to a new position and when i click on the arrows to move the field??

courtneycjr
why did u guys change it back to the old way so much slower i have a 3 yearold sister to be with now its going to take forever to do work at least i hope u didn't change the plowing eaither if pple where smart they hire one person to do the job or hire 2 good friends who share the stuff this is messed up

i know u did it on the coins and stuff but i never seen anything on it at all i just don't think this is a new release becuase u basicly made it the old way like it use to be its not new i play all the time on myspace

lulu836
Bye bye Farm Town.......it was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Raul for letting us know it is a permanent change. I'm pretty sure that will solidify everyone's position on whether or not to continue to participate.

Thanks again.:rolleyes:

metalgouger
Dec 22 2009, 06:31 PM
Thank you Raul, your time and effort in this game is appreciated.
what I don't understand is when I'm working alone on a farm (at a request). Why are the xp/coins different on every square.
The new change was at a cost.... Consistancy

Sprout2441
Dec 22 2009, 06:31 PM
No, you wouldn't like losing 40,000+ coins, etc. as has happened to me. And no telling how many xp. Thanks so much for fixing this and I can work with the new way of harvesting/plowing. We really appreciate all your hard work to make this the great game it is.

OWP
Dec 22 2009, 06:32 PM
Well this is a set the right way,this is the way it should of been to start with. This is almost like when the game first came out and it worked great that way. Now if I could just get the billion of coins that I have lost and the million of xp points that I lost. Other then that the game is great.

pamfosterling
Dec 22 2009, 06:33 PM
this new way is ridiculous for workers who are consistenly fast and accurate

lovethis
Dec 22 2009, 06:34 PM
i just thought i had cooties and my computer was fixin to blow!:o
no i dont really like it but i see the point --i had the collisions and just accepted the "loss" at times it's agame I am not getting pd in real life!
Got to 59 today thought u needed a way to slow me down ---after all with my dial up i got this far!!:cool:;)

ArnoldZiffel
Dec 22 2009, 06:36 PM
my thing now is, i had layered crops. When I plow a harvested field, I get an 'already done' message, and the swuare reverts to grass. When I refresh, the harvested field come back.

I cannot delete the harvested field to get to the layer underneath it! It's on my second farm- I want the $20 back that I paid for coins to buy it!

Also, I hate the other change- you can't plant flowers and trees, then hide them, and then plow over those...

metalgouger
Dec 22 2009, 06:36 PM
One other thing.....
its a game and we're supposed to be having fun.
There is now fun in everyting taking MUCH longer to do.
xp/coins are secondary to Realtime being lost.
there will always be another crop around the corner, worring about every xp point and every coin is pointless in this game

Kelsey
Dec 22 2009, 06:38 PM
my thing now is, i had layered crops. When I plow a harvested field, I get an 'already done' message, and the swuare reverts to grass. When I refresh, the harvested field come back.

I cannot delete the harvested field to get to the layer underneath it! It's on my second farm- I want the $20 back that I paid for coins to buy it!

Also, I hate the other change- you can't plant flowers and trees, then hide them, and then plow over those...

The layered crops and plowing over trees were glitches - which we were allowed to take advantage of. I have not tested with my layers or trees, but if we are no longer able to do so, then we must be thankful for the time we were able to take advantage of said glitch and continue on as before.

hotlipsneyes
In my opinion, I think this new system sucks. I understand the reasons for it, however, I feel there are better ways to fix the said problems. Maybe instead of only letting us do one plot at a time, limit the amount of employees a farmer can hire. This new system causes the work to go so slow. The entire point of hiring someone to work on your farm is to get the job done faster. This is much slower and aggrivating.

Marfer
I understand the reasons for the changes, I have lost lots of coins and XP in the past. Now I have so many of both, I couldn't really care less if I lost them or not really.
However, I do not like the was plowing works now. My avatar keeps getting in the way. It makes it harder to see the areas to click, and sometimes it is simply in the way and won't let the click take.

It is cool to watch the little guys and gals jumping all over the screen when you hire someone though!

Now if you want to make me happy, create more levels. I went from being stuck at 34 forever, to immediately being stuck at 60 now :(

ed's farm123
I have NEVER not gotten any coins or XP points I earned. NEVER, but I sure am having a heck of a time hiring people now that it takes all day to harvest or plow.

You've made some great improvements in the past and I know you're working to fix problems as they occur, but surely the changes to harvesting and plowing today can't possibly be the solution to ANYTHING.
I hired just one person to harvest, surely that person can't collide with himself. Why not just let them hire one person and let them harvest or plow at a normal speed.

I'm sure you'll find an answer to this NEWLY created problem.

Thanks for all your effort.

Nanny Karen
I do not like the new change at all. I never over hired on my farm and If I went to a farm over hired by someone I would just leave.

jessthov
Dec 22 2009, 06:40 PM
I did read the entire post.

This change SUCKS. Who has time to do things like that? Really!? It has made so slow I may as well change to prehistoric internet connection, before dial up even.

So you wanted to fix something, fine, but don't make the change suck ***. Honestly, if this is the way its gonna be, I see lots of people leaving this game.

bradwill
Dec 22 2009, 06:41 PM
I've been one of those that noticed missing coins and XP sometimes when working someone else's farm. I can live with that a LOT better than this horrendous slowness of one-at-a-time harvesting/plowing. The gameplay is now atrocious if you hire anyone(takes them forever) or are the poor farmer working for someone else(the coins/XP earned isn't worth the excessive time it takes).

Until today's "upgrade" this was a fun game to play. Now it's a whole ton of "Wait...I am busy" and total slowness. I guess it's great if you are 5 years old and want to see each space harvested or plowed individually and slowly, but c'mon, this is terrible! Losing coins/XP sometimes was much more tolerable than this. Switch it back!

wolfeden
Dec 22 2009, 06:41 PM
You messed up hte plowing and harvesting, put it back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

randolph65584
Dec 22 2009, 06:42 PM
Hi There,

First, the Bert account was hacked recently and there were some posts made on his behalf, we are researching this issue now.

Second, we just released a new version of FarmTown a while ago. As stated before, we were going to focus mainly on the lost XP/Coins issues which are critical at this point. However, in order to minimize the lost XP/Coins issues, we had to make some changes to the way harvesting/plowing works when you are hired.

Before, when multiple people were hired on a farm, everybody starts clicking randomly on every field, and there are a lot of collisions, people harvesting/plowing on the same fields, as you don't see clearly where other people are working.

The new way is this, if you harvest fields that are close to where your avatar is, then your avatar will be teletransported and will be a very quick transition, it should be as quick or comparable to what it was before, however if you click on a field that is farther away, then you will have to wait until your avatar gets to that field to continue working.

This change will make that on some instances you work slower, on the other hand people get more dispersed while working on a farm, you can actually see them where they are working, and there will be much less collisions between them. This will also add another component to the game, now it's not just blindly clicking on the fields, you have to also consider the position of other players and your chances to avoid collisions and to get more work done. Now, when you click on a field that another player did before you, then you will see a message saying "already done", before, there was no feedback at all.

Of course, we know this release will cause a lot of complains as well, because in order to improve one area we had to change the behaivor on another area which some users will not like it, but compared to the issue of frequent losing more XP and coins, we just decided this was the way to go.

So far we have detected that there are 70% less issues with lost XP/coins that before, and it should improve with time even more.

As a separate note, the cursors on the game have been made larger and they don't get overlapped by other items on the game.

Thanks

--Raul

The problem with losing xp and coins was the users problem, for not being patient, not yours. If you want to make this game better, and are concerned with so many people being harvested on one field, then don't allow multiple hiring. The larger icons for the tools just gets in the way, and keeps people from using it correctly. There are more than a few complaints, the net is rampant with the problem. I fear that if the changes are not renegged, and soon, you are going to lose a lot of users, and very much so with me. I am not going to wait six hours to harvest my farm, I will either have it done before a time out or I will delete all of it.

ed's farm123
Dec 22 2009, 06:43 PM
The layered crops and plowing over trees were glitches - which we were allowed to take advantage of. I have not tested with my layers or trees, but if we are no longer able to do so, then we must be thankful for the time we were able to take advantage of said glitch and continue on as before.

I have layered crops, just tested, still works

haven't checked out the planting over trees yet. I'll go try that now.

shaunzy
Dec 22 2009, 06:44 PM
I read the pages and understand what Raul is trying to do. But ... there should be a more efficient way to get the plowing done than the New! Improved! way things are going today. I have an old (4 years old!) computer that barely kept up with the plowing and harvesting pre-change. This new "change is for your own good" modification that was done is truly not in my best interest. I do NOT like what's happening.

MizJenna
Dec 22 2009, 06:45 PM
Raul, thank you very much for explaining the situation. No, Im NOT too pleased with how things changed, but I DO understand the reason behind it. I was not one that lost money and points, but one of my dearest friends DID, and I felt so bad for him. Now, he wont worry about that.

I am also one who does NOT like "slobs" working with me LOL .. and this will avoid that. YAY. I always work in a pattern, methodical rows ... I like to be organized (sometimes too much so LOL) and THIS helps with THAT.

I hope it does get better though in the fact that it wasnt showing when someone else already did the work until AFTER you click .. and therefore got messages stating "already done" after doing a lot of work. that is the next glitch I hope is resolved lol but we shall see.

as for the poster who stated that they dont like how they can no longer layer plant and such? well hun, that was a glitch that we were able to take advantage of, and sometimes, we just need to feel lucky we had the chance to use the glitch when we did lol. it was just a matter of time before they fixed that glitch ... so dont complain that you spent money to take advantage of a glitch ... you took the chance to take advantage of a glitch, and spent your own money on it .. its a chance you chose to take. sorry hun.

Thanks again Raul for all the work you do.

Mitsie47
Dec 22 2009, 06:45 PM
I ALWAYS stay in one place and methodically harvest or plow.. I DO NOT go all over the fields. This is a better way to AVOID collision as you put it. Slowing my ability to plow or harvest in order to avoid collision is a moot point for me and therefore a ridiculous adjustment in the game. I can't plow quickly now. I have two farms. I've worked hard to get them and maintain them.. if you don't help me to be able to work hard AND fast as I have been I'll quit this game in a heartbeat. Maybe you are trying to get people to quit so you won't have such a cumbersome game to try to handle?

Your new fix sucks. Major.:mad:

Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul

bradwill
Dec 22 2009, 06:46 PM
I think Farm Town is now in the running with RollerCoaster Kingdom for most botched FB game right now.

Momma Woods
Dec 22 2009, 06:47 PM
I appreciate the fix. But it has slowed down the harvest and plow far too much. I know I may be asking the impossible, but why does this have to apply when there is only one person hired?

Guldfisk Hansen
Dec 22 2009, 06:47 PM
I agree with most of the posts. I do NOT like the new changes. Ive lost lots of xps and coins, but I think I prefer it over this slowliness. I just left a pineapple field, cuz I just couldnt be bothered to work this slowly.
I agree, I also think it would be way better to just limit how many ppl a farmer can hire at one time.
I appreciate all the hard work you developers put into this game though.

pamfosterling
Dec 22 2009, 06:48 PM
I'd MUCH rather lose points than have to put up with the slowness of this new system. Are you trying not to let people get the the next levels or make money? So what if people click a few squares away...those of us who are consistent in harvesting and plowing just ignore those that aren't. Maybe limiting the amount of people who can be hired on each farm at one time would be much more helpful than slowing us all down to less than half of the speed we could move before. Farmville is quicker than this!

Please fix it back to how it was this morning. Keep the majority happy rather than the few who can't keep up and don't know how to play.

ed's farm123

Just went and tested. Still works as it always has. Plant tree on grass, hide trees, go visit a neighbor, come back, plow a vacant slot that does not have a tree on it so (plot cursor) turns green, plow plot with tree hidden. Unhide trees. as I said works with buildings, trees, and flowers.

By the way. My farm is supposed to be linked (says it is) but it isn't, what's the deal here?

Mr. H
Sorry, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but it's a huge step in the wrong direction.

mrdibs
I quit Farmville because of the lag over there and now you're no better. I'd lost some coins but it wasn't terrible and I didn't complain. Now I'm complaining. It was probably time for a new game anyway - I was addicted.

MizJenna
Dec 22 2009, 06:49 PM
The problem with losing xp and coins was the users problem, for not being patient, not yours. If you want to make this game better, and are concerned with so many people being harvested on one field, then don't allow multiple hiring. The larger icons for the tools just gets in the way, and keeps people from using it correctly. There are more than a few complaints, the net is rampant with the problem. I fear that if the changes are not renegged, and soon, you are going to lose a lot of users, and very much so with me. I am not going to wait six hours to harvest my farm, I will either have it done before a time out or I will delete all of it.

This is not always the case. I have a dear friend who would work my farm, (*and others, but I can only know what happened on MY farm) and he would stay for the WHOLE THING ... harvesting, plowing .. then stick around to chat with me as well. and he STILL lost money and points. I would WATCH him wait for everything to be done .. "I" got the money from the items he harvested, "I" got the points for him plowing, yet he did NOT. we even kept a tally of his points and such, and they would not go up as they should, in fact, at times, they went DOWN. so no hun, this was NOT 'only' due to a player not being patient, it was a true issue, that we hope is now resolved. Please dont think that simply because you assume that you know the true issue, that its in fact the case.

ArnoldZiffel
it's not that I can't do it anymore.... i knew it was a bug/exploit that was going to be fixed sooner or later

the problem is that I can't use my second farm anymore because I can't clear the field to start it over again

wrm
I'm Quiting farmtown, the way it is now. I'm sure many many others will too!

lVladDrag0n
I must say....well done!!

Most of the issues with coins and XP that were taking place have been addressed in one fell swoop. I experienced this new harvesting/plowing procedure and I must say it is functioning VERY well for me. Gameplay now seems to have a level playing field for the people with slower connections and those people playing the game WITHOUT CHEAT PROGRAMS.

I would think that the majority of the complaints you will get is from the people with faster connections and/or cheat programs that allowed them to walk all over the people that didn't use the cheating programs and/or are only able to obtain a slower connection to the internet.
My response to that is......"Awwww, poor babies. NOW you actually have to play the game as it was meant to be played."

Thank you Raul and ALL the developers for your hard work and solutions to this particular problem. Awesome job!!!!

charleyc1
I would have NEVER purchased and upgraded a 2nd farm had I known this was coming. I like being able to get in and out QUICKLY. ****, I HATE it. After this harvest, I'm done again.

mbw
Dec 22 2009, 06:50 PM
I know why they changed it. And I'm not the original poster. But a few people complaining about points and coins losses that are around 200? I can't think of a worse possible solution that they came up with to "solve" this problem. And they STILL did NOT solve it. This is bad. 70% less problems. So even this MAJOR change that upsets millions of users did not solve it. If you complain about 200 lost XP, you should get a life. 200 XP is NOTHING. Not even to someone who has been on Farm Town for just a few days. But they still came up with a solution that only cut the "coin loss" problem down to about a third the original size, while annoying millions of users with their "solution". They didn't solve it.

The solution is for users to immediately hit the save button when they're done. And wait for the "pending changes saved" message. All experienced users know this.

So implement a solution that does this. This new way of harvesting and plowing is NOT a solution. It does NOT solve the problem. Because it only makes it happen less, but it will still happen. At the cost of losing millions of users who are now very annoyed and won't harvest or plow anyone's farms anymore. Which was a big part of the fun for all those millions.

To the developers: Don't rush things into production until you've tested them.

This is the worst thing the developers have rolled out into production since Farm Town started.

And for developers of free games, losing millions of users is the worst thing that can happen to them...

Solarra
Dec 22 2009, 06:52 PM
Well that's it then I freaking quit!! I will not harvest this way!!

PeachesFarm1
this is not fun anymore...it has slowed everything down..especially with the animated ads taking so much time and the avatar cannot move...at least before you could click on fields..than catch up when the ad was finished loading..

I read the reply...i rarely go to market to get hired..or hire from there..we have a group that tends each others farms...

I do understand...but I don't like it

lfbrockm
I too, along with everyone else probably, have lost xp's and coin for who knows why but I'd rather continue to lose them than to play the way it currently is working for harvesting and plowing. Now it's just annoying to do those activities. I have never used Farmville but I guess I'll be giving it a try.
I know you work hard at this and it's a matter of trade-offs I don't think this is the right one.
Thanks
Lauren

LunaAbigail
Dec 22 2009, 06:53 PM
well i think my Avatar did not get the MEMO or the Teleporting Shoes as it is NOT teleporting just walking....very slowly like its 100 years old.
:mad:
i mean im glad i JUST made level 44 but i think i stick either to my own Farm only for now or give FT a Rest until this is taken back....its frustrating and boring!
i did not mind losing Money or XP as you always made good on it somehow but this is stupid.:eek:
People will not have a chance to chat---as too busy following their avatar trying to earn some money and XP and People will not want to big Farms,there are still those that try to steal your part anyway!
Merry Christmas and this is one Gift you can keep!:(

alisha1278
Dec 22 2009, 06:55 PM
Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul
you have got to change it back. everyone is complaining. this is the worse you could of done to this game. guess alot of people will be leaving and going to facebook to play .so please change the plow and harvesting back.

thank you

Snappy Dungarees
Dec 22 2009, 06:57 PM
I really hate this upgrade, I would rather lose coins and xp points than have it this way. I appreciate the fact that you are trying to fix the problems, but if it stays like this I am done playing Farm Town.

And what about those who would rather have their xps and coins? Oh I guess it's all about the individual isn't it? :rolleyes:

why did u guys change it back to the old way so much slower i have a 3 yearold sister to be with now its going to take forever to do work at least i hope u didn't change the plowing eaither if pple where smart they hire one person to do the job or hire 2 good friends who share the stuff this is messed up

i know u did it on the coins and stuff but i never seen anything on it at all i just don't think this is a new release becuase u basicly made it the old way like it use to be its not new i play all the time on myspace

You have a grand total of three posts. Are you telling me you have read EVERY single post to come to the conclusion that you "haven't seen anything about this at all" in regards to the lost xps and coins? :confused:

tree101457
Dec 22 2009, 06:57 PM
I HATE IT!!! I work mostly with nieghbors only once in awhile hiring out of the market. When I had a nieghbor plowing it took FOREVER and she had to get off before finishing. Instead of going to the market I did it myself!!!! I will no konger hire out of the market and plant long crops till you decide if this is permenant, if so I will QUIT farm town.
I can understand those losing money and xp to others liking that it is "fixed" but as much as I lost I prefer the old way. I have 2 farms with level 60 on both even losing the xp when plowing.
This just plain sucks!

hurleytalk
Dec 22 2009, 06:58 PM
Found the change when I first started to harvest for someone. Took me a minute to adjust. I like not trying to figure out what someone else is doing--you can see right where they are. Don't be so anti-change--all from probably the same people who were complaining about missing points or coins! If it's that bad, leave. It's a free game--they developers lose nothing and there's more work for the rest of us!

Skye9988
Dec 22 2009, 06:58 PM
Wow, Raul's post seems so upbeat. I wonder if he'd already read all of the unhappy posts in the Help section. Raul, if you read this, please try to see our point-of-view.

This new method is slow, and annoying. It takes all the fun out of the game. I don't even want to plow now. The harvesting is a pain, but if I click in rows and watch my stupid little freak of an avatar lurch along in her little plodding way, I can deal with it. I am very unhappy with it, though. I was super fast at harvesting and plowing, and now I feel like I'm being limited in my speed to even the playing field. I have always shared fairly. Even though I'm faster, I do my fair share, and then stop, letting the slower farmers get the same amount. I'd harvest, and then move on quickly to another job. I'd basically blitz my area of the field, zapping the crops so quickly that all you'd see would be the flash of my harvesting tool. Boy, is it different tonight! Where in the past, I'd be saying my "thank you" to the farmer and moving on to another job, now I'm plodding along with the slowest of the slow.....

It's like the old sci-fi story Harrison Bergeron--people who were fast had to have chains or bricks put on them so that everyone would be equal. People who were attractive had to wear masks to cover their beauty so that everyone would be equal..... you get the idea. So, here, since some people couldn't keep up with those who were faster, we all now have to be slowed down to a snail's pace.... :-(

I agree with those who say that the way to fix the problem is not to limit us all to being slow and plodding. Instead, limit the number of workers who can be hired. If there is only one worker or two in a field, the problem of overhiring is solved, and then it is just up to each farmer to work cooperatively.

Mzw00dy
Dec 22 2009, 06:59 PM
I will have to quit then...I understand...I didn't mind the XP thing...but two hours to harevest a field is not going to work...It was fun when you could fit it into a few breaks but this is not at all fun now. Thanks for the nice time, but this was a great game and one I could enjoy. The teleport does not work at all. I had to go back three or four times per fielld to try again. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

jersey_emt
Dec 22 2009, 06:59 PM
This is a very sloppy fix IMO, and is causing more problems than it solves. It's like putting a band-aid on a severed hand and calling it "fixed".

I've lost a lot of coins and XP from the original problem, but was always able to quickly earn them back without a lot of fuss.

Fix the root problem instead of breaking things more.

whispering pines
Dec 22 2009, 07:00 PM
Your recent changes are a huge improvement but it still takes the avatar sometimes 10 minutes to change from harvesting to plowing. The avatar stands with + coins or +xp's rolling over it's head. Now if you can correct that problem and correct the problem of crops still showing when they have been harvested or fields showing not being plowed when they have been plowed, Farm Town will be acceptable.

shanely
I understand why this upgrade was done but seriously, it's horrible!!!!! It takes 3 times as long to do anything! Plus you can't see where you are because the coins go over the area you are working on & you can't get ahead of them. Please find something different! For those of us that are fast & do not jump all over the place like some of the people, this is not an improvement. It makes me not want to do this game anymore.

Marfer
Hmmm, I wonder how many of the people threatening to leave Farmtown after this change were some of the same ones threatening to leave after past changes?

Relax folks, Raul is working hard on this game. Yes, that's right, it is a GAME.

I don't particularly like the changes either, especially in regards to plowing, but it is still the best farm game on FB.

One suggestion to harvesting. When the farm has sections on it, and you try to start antoher section, it makes you wait until you have walked all the way over to it. The program should be smart enough to realize the section you are working on is done, and let the avatar teleport to the new section.

randolph65584
I only hired one person per job, period. If they left before the job was done, then they lost xp and coins on their own, not due to the game having a fault. Slowing this down just killed it, RIP farmtown.

tayamazon
I think I speak for most when I say, i'd rather lose the xp and/or coins than harvest and plow at such a slow pace!!! This new change is drastic and everyone is complaining! Go to the Marketplace or Bar and listen to the feedback yourself... its insane! Change it back, PLEASE!

Mzw00dy
I will have to quit then...I understand...I didn't mind the XP thing...but two hours to harevest a field is not going to work...It was fun when you could fit it into a few breaks but this is not at all fun now. Thanks for the nice time, but this was a great game and one I could enjoy. The teleport does not work at all. I had to go back three or four times per fielld to try again. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

This took the fun out oif the game because now you are no longer getting a quick fix....now it is long and tedious

Rachezee
On my farm many plots and fields are greatly separated, it now takes far too long for anyone to harvest and plow because they have to wait to find their way over to the next field. I now need to hire multiple harvesters and plowers to do an amount easily done by one person in the past, making it not worth it at all to the person I am hiring.

Please change it back. This is really not worth it. If it remains the same I may devout my time to farmville rather than this. At least there you can prevent the avatars from moving. THis is ridiculous.

bettejean123
OK, the new system takes some getting used to - waiting for my avitar to go where I want it to go while travelling around the farm hap hazzardly - very frustrating BUT even more frustrating is that I just plow 2 fields and did NOT GET a single XP point - didn't realize until I was almost done and realized that coins and points were not adding .

randolph65584
Dec 22 2009, 07:01 PM
and since Raul seems to think that this is going to be permanent, I am done playing, period, as are all of my friends, family and associates in my RA group.

Dee Falcon
Dec 22 2009, 07:01 PM
I was one of the one's losing XP's, however I could have made 10X the amount I lost in the time it takes to harvest/plow a field now. I appreciate the fact the change was made to help us, however it has almost crippled us!!! The change is AWFUL!!!

Buppa
Dec 22 2009, 07:02 PM
For the few times I lost XP, it is not worth it to me... This is terribly slower. Quite simply, it isn't fun, and until it is changed, I won't plow, plant, harvest... my two farms of pineapples can rot. There are other things to do other than 'WAIT...I'm Busy' Between that message, the highlighted crops, and the huge harvest tool... what a joke Can't see where to click. Sorry folks.. I know you are trying hard, and doing a great job with this game, but this is not THE answer. Maybe the spacing before 'not teleporting' is too short... I like the concept of stopping the idiots who jump all over. Field to field just making a mess... but on the other hand, that was fun... so there are collisions... Award both parties the XP points... not like you will go broke doing it?

chicalita
Well, earlier when the changes first came into being I became very frustrated at the slowness of the pace. I have just been begging on the market and landed a couple of harvest jobs when I was amazed at the difference!! I was sooooooo much faster than before and the game saved much quicker. The only negative I would add is that it was a little slow telling me that plots had already been harvested. I wondered why the other harvester was just standing there...lol! :p

Thumbs up from me DEVS!!!

mechelle61
OK I understand why. People were running all over you in a field. But It takes sooooo loooonnnngggg to get a job done. I was actually disconnected tonight in the middle of a job. I lost xp points also, but I made them up, eventually. At this rate I'll never get to even buy a mansion, much less a second farm. It may be good for those who were already high up, but for us beginners its not good. We have to work many farms to get an upgrade, at this rate we will never get there.

lynwoo60
Dec 22 2009, 07:04 PM
Thankyou so much for your hard work in your upgrades and considering others. It always annoyed me the ones who just click any where but now there is organization in harvesting and plowing just like in real life. Thankyou guys
Happy Farming

mbw
Never before have ANY changes the developers made generated so many negative responses in so short a time. This was the worst change they ever made, then. I hope they will see this fact too and realise that this change (1) will make them lose millions of losers, and (2) doesn't even solve the problem they were trying to solve. It only made the original problem occur 70% less of the time.

Even the people who had the points/coin loss problem are complaining. That should tell the developers something.

The rate of replies to this particular change is WAY WAY WAY higher than any change before.

I hope the developers pay attention. Because for developers of a free game to lose millions of users will be devastating...

Baloo_uk
Hmmm, I wonder how many of the people threatening to leave Farmtown after this change were some of the same ones threatening to leave after past changes?

Relax folks, Raul is working hard on this game. Yes, that's right, it is a GAME.

Yes it is a game, but currently it takes me over 2 hours to harvest, plow and seed my 2 farms again.

That is just bad..... and previously you had to click them and just wait, now it means 2 hours of clicking.........

Solarra
I am one of those people who lost xp and coin and I'd still rather have it the old way.

mbw
Dec 22 2009, 07:05 PM
Millions of USERS, I meant, lol.

Kelsey
Dec 22 2009, 07:06 PM

Just went and tested. Still works as it always has. Plant tree on grass, hide trees, go visit a neighbor, come back, plow a vacant slot that does not have a tree on it so (plot cursor) turns green, plow plot with tree hidden. Unhide trees. as I said works with buildings, trees, and flowers.

By the way. My farm is supposed to be linked (says it is) but it isn't, what's the deal here?

Thanks Ed! I won't be able to get on until later, but I appreciate you mentioning this here. Sounds like it is still the same ...

The auto linking is down - you'll need to put in a manual link to your farm.

Kafarmer
I think what's wrong here is people are forgetting that they aren't the only ones playing the game. All I see is "I this" and "I that." Just because you didn't lose xp/coins doesn't mean Joe from Egypt didn't. I know this is going to sound mean but if you want to leave then go. These devs are trying to make the game enjoyable for EVERYONE to play. Yes, you have to stay just a little bit longer to harvest/plow. Yes the farmers can now see who the harvest hogs are. Yes, you have to learn how to maneuver the game now. I wasn't aware that this game was about getting everything as fast as you can. If that's how you play then great, now you have a new challenge.

At least the devs are TRYING to help us. They could just say, "Oh screw the problems. Let's make more FC items" but they don't. So now there is a fix and one day in the future you won't have to come to the forum saying "NOT GETTING XPPPSSSS/COINNSSSSS. OMG DEVS FIX THIS."

Sorry about this rant here but it just gets to me sometimes. Thank you so much devs for the great work you do and for a GREAT GAME.

Mzw00dy
the coin xp problem is not a fix for the social netwoking that was happening with the other way....Now visiting is out!!!

actollergang
Dec 22 2009, 07:07 PM
I love Farm Town but I really do not want to play anymore. The new way to harvest and plow is a nighmare! Some folks still harvest and plow faster so the problem is not really solved. There are some really greed farmers out there and think they need to harvest or plow the whole farm! Maybe the solution would be to limit how many can be hired to harvest or plow on a farm. I found if I used my laptop computer it is a lot faster than my PC but I am very frustrated with the changes and it does not matter which computer I use. I understand why this was done and that is a good thing but...I missed out on coins and XP and never complained. Seems the farm did not load the same for those that came after me and could harvest crops I already harvested or the same with the plowing. Maybe that could be fixed too. Really wish it could be put back the way it was.

ed's farm123
Dec 22 2009, 07:07 PM
And what about those who would rather have their xps and coins? Oh I guess it's all about the individual isn't it? :rolleyes:

You have a grand total of three posts. Are you telling me you have read EVERY single post to come to the conclusion that you "haven't seen anything about this at all" in regards to the lost xps and coins? :confused:

SNAPPY, I don't see the need to blow the guy off because of the number of posts. I don't post a lot on the forum (as you do) only when I have something to say.
Now for my 'something' to say. Anybody that gets bent out of shape over losing a couple hundred points or coins must not have much of a life. We're dealing with thousands of points a day and millions of coins. We can do that with the plowing and harvesting as it was. We can't now.
Tell you what, let's ask Raul to set it up so that if someone complains about losing a point, we are allowed to 'gift' him a point (for each he lost) same for XP's. I have personally never lost either, or if I did it was so insignificant I didn't miss them.

So just because you post a lot of comments doesn't make you any more correct than someone that only posts 3 times. Give him a break.

LunaAbigail
Dec 22 2009, 07:08 PM
For the few times I lost XP, it is not worth it to me... This is terribly slower. Quite simply, it isn't fun, and until it is changed, I won't plow, plant, harvest... my two farms of pineapples can rot.
oh may i do your pineapples i got a few HOURS to spare..
:rolleyes:

damagpie
Dec 22 2009, 07:08 PM
i see the need for the changes but really this just SUCKS:mad:! Farmtowns is one of the best apps on facebook and this change will cause you to go *bllop* and crash out. i used to harvest 1 or 2 to do my farm now I will have to hire 6 or 7 just so I can finish without knocking too much off my internet...change it back or farmtowns looses alot of their users to farmville

tdw2
Dec 22 2009, 07:09 PM
Hi Guys,

I've lost a pile of money, and points... probably 2 levels worth, but I haven't complained - to me, it's an unfortunate part of the game that I could live with. The problem is, the apparent fix may have fixed the points and coins issues, but it has caused the game to slow down so much, that it's no longer fun........ fun is after all, why we're here, to escape reality for a while (for some, more time than others). I don't think this is anywhere near as much fun as it was yesterday or a few days ago, therefore I think you need to find a better fix than this, or risk losing a lot of players.... to you, this reads advertising revenue, which is not fun, it's serious. I hope you read this and give it some deep thought. I am signing out, will try again in a day or so to see if you've figured out a better way to do this. Incidentally, while you're about it, it seems crazy that I can hire harvesters but not plowers.... just because I don't have enough neighbours.
Cheers, and please keep working at it, Terry

springjabs
Please change it back to the way it was I know alot of people that are going to stop playing cuz it is so slow that we spend forever trying to harvest a feild

OWP
[QUOTE=mechelle61;2907734]OK I understand why. People were running all over you in a field. But It takes sooooo loooonnnngggg to get a job done. I was actually disconnected tonight in the middle of a job. I lost xp points also, but I made them up, eventually. At this rate I'll never get to even buy a mansion, much less a second farm. It may be good for those who were already high up, but for us beginners its not good. We have to work many farms to get an upgrade, at this rate we will never get there.[/QU

It was kind of like this when I first started,harvest 1 plot at a time and we couldn't get hired to plow,and I still made enough to buy mansions and anything else there was. I think once everyone gets use to this they will love it,sure sames the beggers from jumping all over the place. Good job this time

barbara788
I love the new update. It was so frustrating before and lets face it there are some aggressive players who just click to be clicking. I for one love the change and now the game will be fair for all who play it. Thank You;)

Agent Scully
Dec 22 2009, 07:10 PM
This change is causing my browser to crash or my computer to freeze and if i don't get hit with that i get server connection so i lose the work anyway :(,,,,sorry i hate this change no fun when you can no longer play the game.

Even the old old way where the avatar went off it's own merry way never caused me the problems this is today.

Hope you will revise this so i can enjoy my favorite on-line game again, otherwise my level 60 2 farms has been for nothing.

Aquarian_lady
Unfortunately, this new upgrade is not a good thing - way to slow for a lot of people. I'd much rather loose money or XP's once in awhile then deal with this slowness. I have to agree with everyone else - go back to how it was....

Ithaca
The changing in program sucks, it too slow, and I don't like it. I will give it a chance, but the way things are now, i think i m gonna stop playing it. I don't like having to wait for avatar to catch up. Yes there were people that were hoggs on the field, but it also has to do with the speed of your internet. And beside it just a game, it not like you actually won something of money value so what it the other players get more coins or xp it a freaking game. And now it is so slow. It takes 30 minutes to harvest and plow a field and it totally sucks big time. And another thing you don't have to hire no more than 2 people to harvest or plow your fields instead of 5 or more that where the problems is by hiring to many people at one time. So maybe they should do a program that only allows you to hire no more than 2 people at a time.

LunaAbigail
Yes it is a game, but currently it takes me over 2 hours to harvest, plow and seed my 2 farms again.

That is just bad..... and previously you had to click them and just wait, now it means 2 hours of clicking.........
and THAT hurts the clicking Finger!
so people will have sore fingers,hands and noone to chat to as too busy with trying to earn money...
ah well maybe time to get on with real Life for me,or maybe another game to get addicted to and spend my money on!

Baloo_uk
I only registered on the forum tonight, but I am lvl 56 with 2 farms,
that I did not register meant I had nothing usefull to say.

But this new update is exremely bad and I am really considering leaving the game as I don't have over 2 hours to tend to my farm each time, especially if it means 2 hours of constant clicking.

SparkleSprite
Dec 22 2009, 07:12 PM
I'm trying to like it, I really am. I love this game, and greatly appreciate all the work you guys and gals put into making it a great game, and so I am trying to see it for what it is, a fix to a serious problem but...

I just finished harvesting and plowing for a friend of mine who trades harvests with me frequently so I am very familiar with how long it takes. She has a small farm, and where it would normally take me 5 min, it just took me a half hour. :( She couldn't stay for the whole thing had to log off so we are hoping she is going to still get her whole crop. :P

Anyway, I'm trying to get a rythm with it, trying very hard to like it but I'm sorry so far I really dont. :P

LunaAbigail
Dec 22 2009, 07:12 PM
you have got to change it back. everyone is complaining. this is the worse you could of done to this game. guess alot of people will be leaving and going to facebook to play .so please change the plow and harvesting back.

thank you
this is happenig on Facebook too!

chicalita
Dec 22 2009, 07:14 PM
Maybe you complainers should give it a bit of time ? Compared to when the changeover first took place I can say that I am now faster than before. With my computer, I have never been able to save my gave very quickly but now it is much better. Are the complainers the ones that elbowed everyone else out of the way in their greedy manner but now are not able to do that? If so, the game would be much better without you. Give it a chance why not!!??

JC's Beach
Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul

Love it!!!! Great job guys! Taken back a little at 1st but came here to check it out. This will put a stop to all those sloppy farmers giving me the blues.

Mermystiq
Sorry, I have to agree....this is a terrible change....I just finished harvesting and plowing a 40x40 plot and it took me 45 minutes....I also lost xp along the way, that was much better than trying to harvest and plow now.

Just Fine Farms
Dec 22 2009, 07:16 PM
HATS OFF RAUL!!!!! I personally think its a great fix, it forces people to harvest in an organized manner to be fast. I personally notice very little change, maybe a tad slower, but who cares really. The ones of us who did work in straight lines got help to save us from the idiots who liked to click all over the place and leave fields in a mess, my guess is the people crying the most will be the people who beg all the time and click wildly. In either case one thing they cant complain about is a loss of money and XP!!! Theres no way to please everyone but at least you have a level playing field if they arent losing money and XP.

JaiVee
Dec 22 2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the explanation Raul. Maybe now people will quit complaining. I love Farm Town and congratulate the developers who have an immense and difficult job keeping up with the demands of the players. :)

Keep up the good work.

Mermystiq
Dec 22 2009, 07:17 PM
Chickalita - just want to go on record....most of us did not jump all over the place and "elbow everyone out of the way. I have been giving it time and it doesn't work. They need to change it back.

Capt. Conor
Dec 22 2009, 07:18 PM

Post counts don't matter, as for your losing XP's there is a wait for each plow / plant option in the settings, that was to try and stop losing points, get rid of this new update and make a sticky about the wait for each plow / plant that way we can decide if you want to risk losing coins / points or be faster.

SPOTSROCK
Dec 22 2009, 07:19 PM
besides taking to long ... i am now going into time out after harvesting just a couple of rows.. and then lose the job.. !~

being aware of the other harvesters is nice.. BUT to position myself at the opposite corner takes forever for aviator to get thru the gates/ bridges / paths.. so by the time she gets there... well there is not much left for me to do... IF i don't go into time out first.. !

I want to say Thank you for working on the issue... but i don't believe this is the answer either ..

thanks for listening... i think.. you are listening..

Just Fine Farms
Dec 22 2009, 07:21 PM
Post counts don't matter, as for your losing XP's there is a wait for each plow / plant option in the settings, that was to try and stop losing points, get rid of this new update and make a sticky about the wait for each plow / plant that way we can decide if you want to risk losing coins / points or be faster.

actually there is no delay if you can click fast enough and stay in the same row, you can go basically as fast before!!! the main difference is your avatar follows you and if you go out of line your avatar has to walk there. you think this game is bad...try the other farm game...its way worse...

cooder
Thanks for the changes...I was pretty fast I thought at harvesting and plowing but I know that some had a little program called mouse tractor....way to fast and I know when they are using it. I think those are the people that are complaining. Its a game people slow down and enjoy it I made some great friends on here by chatting with the ones that hired me and the ones I hired.

raynorcp
I have two farms (level 60) and the time factor is really a problem now. If the points added as quickly as the avatar moves, it would be different. But now the avatar is slow and the points are slow to calculate. They just drip and this keeps me at the farm longer. I like how the field immediately shows plowed or harvested which has helped for collisions but the time is killing me. The "big" sickle is a little large and gets in the way. The "seed bag" is huge and makes planting difficult now.

I will try this for a few days but really would appreciate you considering the speed factor.

treeter
Dec 22 2009, 07:22 PM
Well, this game is getting more lame with every change! The new harvesting idea STINKS! I haven't ever lost coins or xps that I was aware nor have I heard anyone working my fields complain either so I guess I can't relate very well with that frustration. The main frustration I was having, had to do with the screen changing the harvest and the plow completion level. Refresh your screen and you get a different, but still wrong look. Anyways, the frustrations are starting to out weigh the enjoyment of playing. I won't be for very long as I have heard others say they wont either. Fix it or end it!

drwhit73
Dec 22 2009, 07:23 PM
Having a hard time figuring out how it is taking people "2 hours" to get their farm harvested and plowed. I harvested and plowed for someone that has two farms, one of which was max size, and it only took about 15 minutes to harvest and plow both farms, and I only have access to a dial up connection. Can't really say how fast it will be when harvesting and plowing with multiple people, since I haven't experienced that with this new version yet. I haven't really noticed it to be faster than before, but neither have I noticed it to be slower than before. I am sure some people will take their toys and go home but I somehow doubt it will be millions of people. Not sure how one or 2 people know what millions of other people are going to do.

biggator76e
RE:new harvest feature,ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Change it back before you lose players.I have over 2 mil Ex points,& this is THE WORST CHANGE I've seen!TOTALTY WORTHLESS!

kklbal
The harvesting is ok but when you click and miss you have to wait for the avetar to catch up to click again. The plowing is horrible - why did you have to change that??!!! There's no way I can play this game now, it takes too much time, and I work for a living. I've told everyone how much this game is better than any other, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe if you change the plowing back to the way it was. I won't be going to get jobs in the Market Place this way - it's too frustrating!

LunaAbigail
Dec 22 2009, 07:25 PM
Maybe you complainers should give it a bit of time ? Compared to when the changeover first took place I can say that I am now faster than before. With my computer, I have never been able to save my gave very quickly but now it is much better. Are the complainers the ones that elbowed everyone else out of the way in their greedy manner but now are not able to do that? If so, the game would be much better without you. Give it a chance why not!!??
so why call all complainers Hoggers?
I always keep to one side of a field and Never hogged a field or got into someones way,it annoyed me when others did it,but its a GAME!
now its taking very much time away from us which we could spend improving our Farms etc.

boskherder
Dec 22 2009, 07:26 PM
I don't have a problem with the new harvesting/plowing.

I think it will be good for the game as it will stop the spastic harvesting/plowing. It will also make harvesting/plowing more fair to those who like to hire more then one.

TrinityOaks
Dec 22 2009, 07:27 PM

AHA!!! I suspected as much!

I hope that at some point you can return to the queued harvesting/plowing.

emonday712
Dec 22 2009, 07:28 PM
They suck. I loved this game and enjoyed meeting people and visiting as we hired to one another. Now it takes so much concentration to harvest and more so to plow that all the enjoyment is gone. All it does is cause frustration rather than relaxation. It becomes so irritating that if someone did try to start a conversation, you would probably bite their head off. I Was so looking forward to advancing and getting my second farm now I don't know if I even want the first one. At least on FarmVille, they did not offer something better and then take it away. PUT IT BACK LIKE IT WAS _ I RATHER LOOSE SOME CREDITS THAN TOLERATE THIS INSANITY - I AM 62, RETIRED AND YOU HAVE JUST RUINED ONE OF THE FEW ENJOYMENTS I HAD LEFT.

CTuit
Dec 22 2009, 07:28 PM
It may have been broke before but it sure is worse now! I understand it being slower to get your avatar to a part of the field but it is still way to slow once you get there, you have to wait for each square to finish before you can go on to the next one. You are going to end up with a lot of people leaving jobs before they are finished.

danal
Dec 22 2009, 07:29 PM
This is a ridiculous patch. Not every hires more people than they need and this makes it impossibly slow for single hires. Might as well, not bother hiring or as most are stating....Say goodbye to Farmtown.

Too bad. Was a nice break while it lasted.

k1rod
Dec 22 2009, 07:30 PM
Ohhhhh this is just plain horrible. The game is so slow now it is boring. It's like you can't turn off the "wait after each plow/plant" button. This "upgrade" will likely kill farmtown.

mr aka
Dec 22 2009, 07:31 PM
This update is bad i gave up farmville cos it took to long now it look like il have to give up farm town, it didnt bother me losing coins or xp depends on how long you waited for them to be added, anyway someone somewhere would have earnt the coins or xp ,please return it to how it was.

chicalita
Dec 22 2009, 07:31 PM
so why call all complainers Hoggers?
I always keep to one side of a field and Never hogged a field or got into someones way,it annoyed me when others did it,but its a GAME!
now its taking very much time away from us which we could spend improving our Farms etc.

I didn't call complainers Hoggers. It was a question, not a statement, that maybe the complainers are the ones that elbowed people out of the way. I, too, initially complained but that must have been when the changes were first taking effect......it was awful, but now it is better than previously for me. My thoughts were that maybe your problem is that it hasn't settled down yet and will improve shortly like it has for me. I meant no offence to anyone...was just a question.

sham31j7
Dec 22 2009, 07:32 PM
do not like the change very slow now and i am afraid of not being hired.please put it back the other way or i am afraid you will lose alot of players.

ohoh
Dec 22 2009, 07:33 PM
ohhhh my godddddddddddd, this is so not right, why did u make this change, it sucks big time...... please bring back the old way, i lost xp and coins before, but i much rather loose them , than having to take this long, it takes soooooo long, its not fair, big mistake on this upgrade, i guess is back to farmville, so sad....

boskherder
Dec 22 2009, 07:34 PM
Everyone wants to rush, rush. This game is a relaxer for me. No big deal, Give it a few try's before complaining.

And with the amount of whining going on, Santa will have a lot less house's to visit in a couple of nights. :cool:

yorkiemom
Dec 22 2009, 07:34 PM
Hi,

I am a very fast harvester and plower. This "new" way is absoutely, positively horrible! I will have to just quit. I don't have time to spend four times longer just to clear a field etc. PLEASE, all my neighbors are SO upset also!

Tyler45
Dec 22 2009, 07:35 PM
Old way was much nicer. I don't really farm anymore besides my own farm so it doesn't really matter to me.

hurleytalk
Dec 22 2009, 07:37 PM
Just had someone plow a (dead, oops) field, then harvest and plow my other farm in no less time than it ever took for anyone before, and she didn't have to wonder if she needed to "wait till it was done". Still went just as fast.

Sapai
This is awful, fresh FT hell. We will be losing players. It is way too slow. It is way too tedious. No more multitasking while playing Farm Town.

I can't work this way. I did my own harvest and plow because I don't want to put anyone else through this. It took almost an hour to do one harvest. Not everyone hires 4 or 5 people, thank goodness. I never "ran into" anyone when working with others. It was frustrating, but it is one's own choice if they want to work in a mob or not. I only hire one or two at most for 600 squares.

I so hope this is changed back to the click ahead method.

Old Goat
I know why they changed it. And I'm not the original poster. But a few people complaining about points and coins losses that are around 200? I can't think of a worse possible solution that they came up with to "solve" this problem. And they STILL did NOT solve it. This is bad. 70% less problems. So even this MAJOR change that upsets millions of users did not solve it. If you complain about 200 lost XP, you should get a life. 200 XP is NOTHING. Not even to someone who has been on Farm Town for just a few days. But they still came up with a solution that only cut the "coin loss" problem down to about a third the original size, while annoying millions of users with their "solution". They didn't solve it.

The solution is for users to immediately hit the save button when they're done. And wait for the "pending changes saved" message. All experienced users know this.

So implement a solution that does this. This new way of harvesting and plowing is NOT a solution. It does NOT solve the problem. Because it only makes it happen less, but it will still happen. At the cost of losing millions of users who are now very annoyed and won't harvest or plow anyone's farms anymore. Which was a big part of the fun for all those millions.

This is the worst thing the developers have rolled out into production since Farm Town started.

And for developers of free games, losing millions of users is the worst thing that can happen to them...
Millions of users? How did you come to that number? As for losing just a couple hundred coins/points, wrong again. I've lost thousands of coins per day and way too many points.
To the half watt that said losing points was irrelevent....maybe for you, don't speak for me or others.

I've tried layering trees on crops on farm two, last time I tried it worked fine. To whoever it was that wants their $20 back because they can no longer do this...good luck! There has been a warning against this for some time now, in print. You should have read it.
Hated the new changes immediately, slowed me down so much! Now I find I'm getting considerably faster at it. I've gone from 'hate' down to a strong dislike, maybe tomorrow I'll consider it a mild irritant lol Give it time! I will.

Ithaca
Dec 22 2009, 07:40 PM
The changing in program sucks, it too slow, and I don't like it. I will give it a chance, but the way things are now, i think i m gonna stop playing it. I don't like having to wait for avatar to catch up. Yes there were people that were hoggs on the field, but it also has to do with the speed of your internet. And beside it just a game, it not like you actually won something of money value so what it the other players get more coins or xp it a freaking game. And now it is so slow. It takes 30 minutes to harvest and plow a field and it totally sucks big time. And another thing you don't have to hire no more than 2 people to harvest or plow your fields instead of 5 or more that where the problems is by hiring to many people at one time. So maybe they should do a program that only allows you to hire no more than 2 people at a time. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad

Suzy611
Dec 22 2009, 07:41 PM
HI all this is my 1st post however I have constantly read posts here in the forum to keep updated.

I don't like these changes at all it is slow and my browser has crashed constantly whilst trying to harvest and plow a friends farm. Personally I would rather lose the Coins/XP's to be honest I never really noticed them missing after a while.

I had a layered farm but although it could no longer be plowed I was able to delete the harvested fields to get it back to normal to re-plant so any-one having trouble doing this try logging out and going back to bulldoze it should work.

Dulclinda
Dec 22 2009, 07:41 PM
not a fan of this new change, I understand the reasoning buts its slowed my game so much that it is frustrating and no longer the relaxing get away I enjoyed....

chicalita
Dec 22 2009, 07:42 PM
I don't have a fast connection and DO NOT use the cheats/bots that some do, and this harvesting is TERRIBLE for me! I understood from the OP that your avatar is supposed to be "teleported" to the first plot you click, except that's not happening for me. Just did a farm where the harvested plots were quite aways from the point that my avatar landed on when the farm loaded. Clicked on the closest plot that I could, and my avatar CRAWLED to that plot and wouldn't do anything. I'm not a "poor baby", but would appreciate it if the process worked a little bit better.

The same thing happened to me for a couple of fields but I am harvesting fine now. Plowing was awful but haven't tested this since...hopefully it will have settled down like the harvesting has.

emmersom biggins
Dec 22 2009, 07:43 PM
as pam said i also was fast and accurate i made people say "how do you do that?" I was a newbie and slow as next Christmas but over time i got the hang of it. I guess its, "look to the future!" let the veterans suffer with their big farms and not enough hours in the day to click and wait on every spot. like i said i was slow but no one made me stay on the farms where i was getting ran over. A marble mouse and an 42" flat screen changed all of that.
Nine months and 40 levels later i look back and should have known something like this was going to happen when they offered that 2nd farm a little while back. Now Im really ******.

piccpete
Dec 22 2009, 07:43 PM
I understand what you say are the reasons, and those are good reasons - not running over each other and stealing plots from the ohter guy.:confused:
but the large large tools obscure and dont allow focus properly on the field, andi have to click several times on each field to even get it to harvest. The poor focus discourages me from farming for other people; i just quit after a couple of jobs and came over here to the forum just to post my thoughts.
not gonna quit, not gonna rant and rave. Love the game. I know you will fix the minor glitches.
I did LOVE having the machine show on my own farm tho.

hey, folks. IT IS ONLY A GAME!! IT ISNT LIFE OR DEATH!
Thanks to devs and mods. love ya.

Ithaca
Dec 22 2009, 07:45 PM
The changing in program sucks, it too slow, and I don't like it. I will give it a chance, but the way things are now, i think i m gonna stop playing it. I don't like having to wait for avatar to catch up. Yes there were people that were hoggs on the field, but it also has to do with the speed of your internet. And beside it just a game, it not like you actually won something of money value so what it the other players get more coins or xp it a freaking game. And now it is so slow. It takes 30 minutes to harvest and plow a field and it totally sucks big time. And another thing you don't have to hire no more than 2 people to harvest or plow your fields instead of 5 or more that where the problems is by hiring to many people at one time. So maybe they should do a program that only allows you to hire no more than 2 people at a time. :mad

mbw
This is the worst thing the developers could have done. Both for most of the users (except the really slow ones) and themselves. The way the developers of free games on Facebook make their money is from how many millions of active users they have every month. And a tiny bit from using coins you have to pay for. They will lose millions of users now, unless they change it back.

This was supposed to be a fix for the losing coins/points problem.

It's NOT a fix. It only cut down the losing coins/points to 33% of the original number who had problems with it. At the same time, everyone, EVEN THE ONES WITH THE LOSING COINS/POINTS problem are complaining now. Never before have there been such a negative response to a Farm Town "upgrade". Not even close. There are 10 new messages every minute and they're all negative.

To the developers: Change it back now, or you'll lose millions of users this month.

Mari T
I know that the efforts were to fix something that was broken and I do appreciate your efforts! But, I for one hate the new harvest/plow. I started out right where I was standing and clicked the very next plot to harvest/plow. I had to wait till the plot cleared before I could click the next one or I got the error, Wait... I'm busy... This is NOT a good fix to the problem. I'm level 47 and have been playing this game a good while... I'm not sure I'll keep playing it with this "New enhanced fix"! My avitar was dreadfully slow while others were zooming along, so what's with that? It took forever for someone to harvest/plow my both my farms. Please, please, please, come up with a better fix. I would rather loose coins and exp then keep going on at this rate! FarmVille is looking better even though I preferred FarmTown before.....

I'm harvesting my crops today on both farms, and won't replant or play the game until they change the way we harvest/plow to something better then what it is now... I'm sorry the developers didn't make a better choice....

ed's farm123
Dec 22 2009, 07:46 PM

Wow, you sure were slow before. There is NO WAY anyone is faster now.

even teleporting is slow, slow. wait for him to catch up click on 3, blip, blip, blip, it's skip the second, hit the third then stop til you click on No. 2 again. Over and over and over. If you are faster now, you are slow, slow.

boskherder
Just had someone plow a (dead, oops) field, then harvest and plow my other farm in no less time than it ever took for anyone before, and she didn't have to wonder if she needed to "wait till it was done". Still went just as fast.

I agree, IT just seems to take longer. But then that would require people to actually pay attention to that fact.

jeantu516@hotmail.com
These new changes are entirely too slow. I'm very methodical in my harvesting or plowing and having to wait for each jump of my character is not only time consuming but extremely irritating. I really like this game, but if it is going to be this slow, then I will not want to play, as others have stated.

I just harvested and plowed a field by myself and it took so long that the farm owner left. This not only slows down the harvesting or plowing, but also slows down any coins or xp points a farmer could get daily.

Put it back the way it was. I'm willing to lose a few coins or xp points once in awhile so that I can enjoy playing the game.

It is, after all, a game that should be enjoyable and relaxing. It's not enjoyable the way it is now.

Baloo_uk
Well I for one don't like to spend 30 minutes of constant clicking, so I think I will leave my farm on lvl 56 and that's it. As I don't have time for it, previously I clicked the fields (all manually never used any cheats) and checked every 5 minutes if it was done..... now it means to have the screen open constantly and clicking constantly.

It might take the same time for the fields to be done, but the new way is a lot more inconvenient

OldMcDonna
I never had a problem before.."most" people respected each others work area because you could tell when spaces around you were disappearing and so you moved to another area...I never lost coins or XP , so can't speak to that issue..

You are right many won't like the changes..I'm one of them..

Please consider changing it back..why can't you fix the lost coins/XP..AND allow for fast plowing/harvesting at the same time...how do the 2 issues relate?

Maybe the ones who were loosing coins and XP were the ones who were jumping around all over the place disturbing other farmers?..if so then they should learn more restraint??.

Again, please consider changing it back to the faster way of harvesting/plowing. It really does add to the fun and excitement of the game. This slower way is boring and tedious..many will loose interest in the long run and quit playing.

Thanks..Merry Christmas..and a Blessed New Year

Chuckcbr
The new harvest and plow is ****

Sapai
Dec 22 2009, 07:47 PM
If you had bothered at all to read why they changed it, you'd see that they are doing to fix something that was broken; people were not getting coins or XP in some instances, and it was clearly stated that there's been 70% less problems regarding these. Read the OP before you reply.

I'm going to be getting a LOT LESS XP's this way because I cannot work this way! My XP issue had been resolved with whatever previous fix they made. I work all the time usually.

NOT EVERYONE HIRES A MOB. Quite frequently, I am the only hire. It won't be that way anymore! We will end up netting LES XP. Not more. I turned down two plow jobs this afternoon, and asked a harvest hire to GET MORE HELP! That is unheard of prior to this snafu. There is no real benefit to being fast any longer.

ps. I think the developers HATE us! The only solution we have, FT boys and girls, is boycott the game if you don't like it.

And I just invited a novice friend to be a Neighbor. I'm going to have to tell her, "FORGET ABOUT IT"! I wouldn't invite anyone to play this way.

Edit to add: If some people like it this way, why not make it OPTIONAL? Isn't that what the "Wait" option is for?

mbw
Dec 22 2009, 07:48 PM
Old goat: Yes, millions of users. There are plenty of sites that show how many millions of active users there are for each Facebook application. Do some research.

IzzysGirl
Dec 22 2009, 07:49 PM
I think that too many people who are losing coins or XP are clicking too fast, and that is their fault. They are GREEDY!!! I have been hired on too many occasions where for one too many people are hired on one farm and another people just click and click and just don't care that there are others. If you don't have the time to take your time then you are at fault for losing your coins or XP. On top of that they leave a harvesting and plowing job and go right back to the market, if they knew better, you'd know you have to go back to your farm before going back to the market to get another job. I think the new way of harvesting and plowing sucks, I don't care what reason they have for changing it, I have been playing this game since pretty much the very beginning and I am ready to quit. So much for your one million players, your about to lose a whole bunch, I am a Farmtown addict I will admit it. but I already spend enough time on my computer catching heat from my husband and children. I don't want to have to spend even more time because people are just too **** greedy. I play these applications for fun and relaxation, it isn't a competition for me. I have many friends and family that play this application also that are extremely upset with this. But that's just my opinion, thank you...... you greedy jerks!!!!

Candi Yam
I realise this game is in beta phase, but this last "new release" will be the death of Farm Town...I loved this game yesterday , now I am so frustrated I will most likely stop playing. It took me almost an hour to harvest and plow "most" of my neighbors farm. I am level 60, I know pretty much what I am doing here. But I do not have the time to spend an hour on a farm, all alone ( I like working solo) trying to do a good job for the person who hired me... I also respect other farmers who are working the same farm I work.. I try not to get in the area they harvest and only hope they do the same .
PLEASE rethink this latest move....I just harvested my own farm because I did not want to put anyone else thru the *bleep* I went through trying to harvest my neighbors farm...
It took a very long time just to harvest, plow, and plant 1/4 of my 2nd farm!

I have enjoyed this game so much but if you don't fix this mess you made today, I will leave, spend all my town in FarmVille (groan) and never spend another penny buying a thing here!

I do thank you for the fun I had here and for all the nice people I have met on Farm Town.

iots028
This change is a bandage, not a fix. Please roll it back and try again. I love FarmTown, but the slow harvesting is tedious, not fun. Poll your users and find out if they would rather occasionally not get xp/coins or have the slow harvesting.

Steve's Crimson A Farm
The new plowing and harvesting method nearly ruins an otherwise enjoyable game. Please change it back!!

Chuckcbr
the new harvest and plow SUCKS!!!!!!!!please change it back!!who ever came up with this idea must be on druges !!

Kathrine
Dec 22 2009, 07:50 PM
I actually had no problems with losing coins until I tried to harvest this evening. I wasn't getting any coins at all for harvesting someone else's farm, so I quit. Plus, it was really really slow.

GrannyMo

Nope. Sorry. I am an "experienced player", level 59 now, and have been playing game since mid-summer, BEFORE harvesting was queued ... in fact, it was much like this except the current change is a bit of an improvement over the original.

But the saving trick? Been there, done that, and as recently as this morning before the Dec. 22 update was implemented, I still "stalled out" on accumulating coins/XPs ... hit save ... and did eventually get the "timed out" pop-up which, in order to keep working, I had to work AROUND. So hitting the save button, whether periodically during harvesting or at the end, was not a cure-all.

That's what we're for, actually. The new release is being tested right now, by players of this free game that's still in beta.

Matter of opinion, obviously. And although I miss the queued fields, it's just as easy to claim FT was losing millions of players who continually lost their coins/XPs during play.

People have their own different tolerance levels for changes like this and if they want to quit playing, then they will. Others will work with this change, as they have with many others going all the way back to February 2009, and adapt. Those are basically the choices we all have.

taylorsmommie
I must say....well done!!

Most of the issues with coins and XP that were taking place have been addressed in one fell swoop. I experienced this new harvesting/plowing procedure and I must say it is functioning VERY well for me. Gameplay now seems to have a level playing field for the people with slower connections and those people playing the game WITHOUT CHEAT PROGRAMS.

I would think that the majority of the complaints you will get is from the people with faster connections and/or cheat programs that allowed them to walk all over the people that didn't use the cheating programs and/or are only able to obtain a slower connection to the internet.
My response to that is......"Awwww, poor babies. NOW you actually have to play the game as it was meant to be played."

Thank you Raul and ALL the developers for your hard work and solutions to this particular problem. Awesome job!!!!

I don't have a fast connection and DO NOT use the cheats/bots that some do, and this harvesting is TERRIBLE for me! I understood from the OP that your avatar is supposed to be "teleported" to the first plot you click, except that's not happening for me. Just did a farm where the harvested plots were quite aways from the point that my avatar landed on when the farm loaded. Clicked on the closest plot that I could, and my avatar CRAWLED to that plot and wouldn't do anything. I'm not a "poor baby", but would appreciate it if the process worked a little bit better.

Sis1
PLEASE Change It Back The Way IT Was

barneyboy
If loosing coins was an issue, then you just hit the save button. I really dislike this new feature. It reminds me of when I first started FarmTown. It is alot slower. I could plow so much faster before. This change is not good and has made me sad. Wish it was back the way it was. :(

mbw
Dec 22 2009, 07:51 PM
Old goat: I don't speak for you. I wouldn't dare. But I can see how many messages here show up responding NEGATIVELY to the last change. It's unprecedented. Never mind. You wouldn't understand. But you're a tiny minority. You would see that if you did some research and thinking.

kklbal
Dec 22 2009, 07:53 PM
Chickalita - just want to go on record....most of us did not jump all over the place and "elbow everyone out of the way. I have been giving it time and it doesn't work. They need to change it back.

I totally agree with you. I always harvested and plowed in rows and I've never lost coins or points with the way it was.

treeter
Weeelll, ok I may have been a little hasty in my venting. I have been working with the new format and I think they might actually be getting closer to what we need! The problem I see with the new format is: why can't your avatar just teleport to the next sqare...period. As far as the complaints about avatars bumping into one another...my solution is, has been, and always will be: don't hire 10 people to do a job that two or three can do in a timely manner. When I get invited to a farm and there are a bunch of other people there fighting over squares, I LEAVE! No bumping for me...this game is supposed to be a relaxing pasttime...highly addictive as it is...I don't hire more than two people to harvest and plow my fields. I am a level 48 and have two fields...I have never had people bumping into each other on my farm! Summary, the new format needs, in my opinion, tweeked, but you are on the right track...complainers, like myself, are just resisting to change. People are getting frustrated but it is just a game...I keep telling myself that anyway...:rolleyes:

adrianne65
I do NOT like the changes AT ALL. It is ridiculously slow and the huge harvesting tool is annoying. I was enjoying the game verrrrry much--it's always been my favorite of all the farming games--and looking forward to continuing to level up and get that second farm, but I WILL walk away from the game if the game isn't changed back to the way it was. So will a lot of other people, I suspect.

Mary Johnston
I never was one to slash up a farm I always harvested and plowed in an orderly fashion and it was very irritating that others didn't do it that way however I must say that the avatar gets in my way and is very distracting. I guess I will get used to it but I don't care for it at first glance. However, NICE TRY. I very much appreciate your effort to fix the XP, coin and cash problem. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT GAME

MargefromTN
Dec 22 2009, 07:55 PM
I understand why they changed it. BUT...if people are dumb enough to participate in a group harvest, they deserve the mess. With the new release, a SOLO plower is slowed down to perhaps 1/3 the speed before. I'm an organized harvester/plower... up one row, down the next, hire buddies who work like I do. and they are moving at a turtles pace. It really takes the fun and challenge out of the game!

I'm sorry if the folks who like to work with 10 other people on the same plot had a problem; that's their greed. I have NEVER complained about an upgrade, but this penalizes the experienced and methodological workers....even plowing your own property is painfully slow. it does NOT go faster when you are plowing adjacent plots, it is FAR slower than it was before.

Or perhaps Mercury Retrograde has slowed the server down???

but it's dreadful. it's not FUN tonight.

Sandie Angel
Dec 22 2009, 07:55 PM
I'm enjoying the new version. Thank you so much!!! I think the trick is to click on the field that is next to our avatars instead of going to a field that is far away from your avatar when you begin clicking. Some players like to begin their clicks in a pattern, and they always loved to begin clicking from the top of the farm and then move down as they click. But everyone knows that now this method doesn't work well when you go into a farm to harvest with multiple farmers there. Everyone just clicks randomly without any patterns, thus causing the well-patterned players to do the same.

I like the new version because if you just click the field next to you to begin your clicking, you will be working on your own speed. How fast you want to click to the field next to it and thereafter is of your own makings. You can make your avatar go faster by clicking faster to the next field and the next, or you can go slower is you wish. You control you own clicks and your control your own speed.

The trick is when you finished clicking a block of fields, then take the closest block of fields that is next to you. Don't try to click on a field that is at the opposite end of where your avatar is, or far away from your avatar, as it will take time for your avatar to walk over there to begin clicking. ALWAYS click on the closest field and then begin clicking away. Now there is no doubt that YOU ARE getting your XP points and your pay, as you can clearly see that every time you click a field.

The seeding is also an improvement. I like it when I can see the picture of the crop that I'm planting, so there will not be any mistakes. I had personally made so many errors with planting seeds in my second farm, I could be planting beets in the beginning, and then someone said something, and I had to refresh the screen. When I came back I would be picking the wrong seed to plant. This happened at least two or three times when I first got my second farm.

Now with the new seeding tool, I can see the picture of the crop I;m planting, and I really like this. The only thing is to watch out for your fuel, when you think your fuel could be running out then refill it before proceeding, for this new version does not tell you that your fuel are out' but you always know how many fields your farm has, and how many fuel you've got left to seed, so there's no mystery there.

I LOVE THIS NEW VERSION!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Sandie Angel :)

Kath132
Dec 22 2009, 07:58 PM
Can harvest this way, BUT game won't allow me to plow after harvesting fields. Do you guys know what the heck your doing? Let's program this right!

Thank you very much Raul. We appreciate everything you do for us.

Kim81685
Dec 22 2009, 07:59 PM
this is awful!!!!!!!

i used to go straight to a corner to start working OUT OF OTHERS WAY... and now i can't plow anything until i'm standing on it... this is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Please change it back.

cocowboy1008
I like the thought behind what you did, I do agree that there really were some rude people who just started clicking away. However, I am (well I guess i should say was) a very fast harvestor and plower, I was always courteous and worked in a pattern to stay out of teh way of others, however now it is very slow and time consuming... It definitely isnt as much fun as it was before. BUT..... I do have an idea for a compromise if you plan on leaving it this way....

The tractors and harvestors basically go to waste because most of us hire it out done, so how about making it possible to use our tractor and harvestor on others farms so at least we can do four squares at a time to make it a little faster?!?! Mine just sit on my farm now to look pretty all I use is the seeder...

Thanks

Mark

Eliza the Flower Farmer
I never random harvest for strangers I always just trade harvests with my real life friend's and now it took so long for me to harvest my friend had to leave and couldn't wait to hire me to plow. :(
I'm afraid this is the way it is going to be now noone has an hour to sit and wait for me to finish their farm! It is going to get to where noone wants to hire anyone anymore!!

Please I'm begging you to change it back I have a real life but loved this game to wind down now it takes so long there is no way I can play it. :( But this is my favorite game. T.T /sob

anthronurse
I love Farm Town. I play it everyday. BUT, this last update is Horrible!! Plowing and harvesting take so long now. I understand that this was a fix to an existing problem. Well, it may have fixed that problem, yet it has made an even bigger one. I will no longer be playing. Sorry. I can't work with this. Please consider changing it back. Please.

buddymaine
Dec 22 2009, 08:00 PM
It is TOTALLY TERRIBLE! It is not just a complaint, it is not fun anymore. I cannot even use my seeder that I paid 60,000 coins for. So, what is the use. Please put it back to where it was. You are going to lose a lot of supporters!

Chuckcbr
Please change harvest and plow back to the old way!!!new way is so stupid and slow,,,everyone at the market is complaing about it and for a good reason, It is not good and who ever came up with this should be fired !!!

skoocher1999
This is AWFUL! Change it back!!!!

Iowafarmtowngirl
Dec 22 2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks for all the hard (and to often not appreciated) work Raul. Merry Christmas

Capt. Conor
Dec 22 2009, 08:02 PM
After reading all of the posts in this thread and on my own locked thread (stupid to lock it, its a suggestion!)

first off, all the posts I read went into ONE category I.E If someone said they were quitting, the weren't added to the dislike category aswell, they were only added to the quitting catergory
I read that 23 people like this idea,
I read that 108 people hate this idea,
and that 25 people said they were quitting,

That means , for every poster, 0.172 people like this idea!
0.172 people out of all these posts, like this idea!!!
That also means that per one person that likes this idea, 5.728 hated it

Slash Key, I am the 54th most experienced farmer in the world and I have to say that if it doesn't change may change to the other farming game. I really think you should have posted here for feedback before adding it into the game. Guys, please change it back and allow us to layer again. If it isn't changed by Boxing day, I am done :(

Tinamiller
:mad: I HAVE WORKED MY BUTTOFF FOR AT LEAST 8 MONTHS ON MY FARM AND NOW CAN BARELY MAKE IT HRUGH A HARVESTINGJOB, SOOOO SLOW....FIX IT BACK OR YOU WILL LOSE PEOPLE BACK TO FARMVILLE WHERE THEY CAN PLANT AHEAD AD PLOW AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

mrwesbrooks
Why can't you just limit the number of people you can hire? I absolutely loved FarmTown and now I may have to give it up because I have two farms and I don't have the time to wait for my crops to be harvested and plowed. This is just as bad as Farmville now. :eek:

PLEASE go back to the drawing board.

Melissia G.
i so appreciate the attempt to fix the problem of people running all over each other. there were just too many rude and greedy people out there trying to get everything they could by taking it away from others...for that...thank you. However, the slower process takes the fun out of the game and adds a level of frustration. Can we please have both speed AND the new fix?

JeanLangford
Dec 22 2009, 08:03 PM
I just got initiated to the new changes this evening. Can't say I like this batch. My avitar keeps getting in my way -- when she is not whining that she is busy... (She is starting to sound like me, lol) I understand the need for changes, but can you please take this one back???

jkimble1992
I absolutely hate this change. Guess I will be taking a break from FT and going back to Farmville, and other games. This is just way tooo slow!

krenee50
this is so stupid....I`m thinking of just closing my farmtown app....
Im not going to wait to harvest or plow on my own farm and esp...someone elses...................

rsfries
Please change the harvesting and plowing back to the way it used to be! This new way is way too slow... I will have to quit playing as it is to boring..

Tinamiller
:mad: I HAVE WORKED MY BUTTOFF FOR AT LEAST 8 MONTHS ON MY FARM AND NOW CAN BARELY MAKE IT THROUGH A HARVESTING JOB, SOOOO SLOW....FIX IT BACK OR YOU WILL LOSE PEOPLE BACK TO FARMVILLE WHERE THEY CAN PLANT AHEAD AND PLOW AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

silvia8917
Dec 22 2009, 08:04 PM
HIRING:

I only ever hired one person at a time, but with this new change I'll hire several more, because it is so slow.
I predict a rising tendency of employers hiring a bunch of people in order to speed up the process.
And players usually prefer sharing work with as few as possible, don't they?

GETTING HIRED:

- The time-out problem
I got timed-out in the middle of my job about 1/3 of the time, BUT I could deal with it. When I noticed I didn't receive money or xp i.e. got timed-out, I took into account how many fields were left. If there weren't many, I finished the job. If there were too many for me to spend time without compensation, I told my employer he/she needed to hire another person, then I reloaded and searched for a new job. This took time, yes, but doesn't the new policy generally lengthen my time of finishing a job? I can clicker much faster than the one-field-at-a-time speed. And 2/3 of the time, I wasn't timed-out and I finished my job quickly and neatly.

- The "slob"/messy-clicker issue:
I don't consider a field nearby the best place to start working, even if the person works in neat rows. It doesn't matter much in harvesting, but shows in plowing. As people usually plant their seeds starting from the corner (it's more troublesome to plant starting from the middle of a field), the best way to plow is to start from the corner, so employers can starting planting when you're in the middle of the plowing. Being a fast and methodical clicker, I always start from the corner and harvest/plow in rows, but now it takes so much time to get to the corner, discouraging me from working in the most employer-friendly way i.e. starting from the corner. Implication? The change not only prevents the worst scenario, but also prevents the best.
And what about those farms where farmers deliberately put their fields at the corner? It takes so much time to walk to them now.
By the way, people usually click randomly only when the field is large and packed. With such a large field, I can often start somewhere untouched. And, as weird as I am, I consider clearing fields for the random-clickers quite interesting, although I know it's just me. LOL

While I agree that the new change is something that can be dealt with, the change is also far from an "improvement". It is just... a change, with something getting better and some worse.

Also, the slower a thing is, the less exciting it becomes. Never bodes well for a game, the purpose of which is to interest and excit.

If I were to vote, I would opt for the old arrangement.

macmomma
Dec 22 2009, 08:05 PM
Please go back to the old way of harvesting and plowing. This new way really sucks!! I cannot just sit here and wait til my avitar gets on the square next to one to click it. If this is not changed back to the old way, I'm leaving farm town and taking my friends with me. They do not like it either!:mad:

disappointed-with-FT
Dec 22 2009, 08:05 PM
You've taken the fun out of Farm Town. I've lost XP and coins countless times and I've never complained about it once. It's just a game to have some fun with which I really enjoyed.

Now it's really ridiculously slow to plow and harvest other farms.

I've been playing for 2 months on level 58 and 17+ million coins, 2nd farm and I'm not whining about lost XP nor coins.

Another problem is timing out with your big bright idea.

I have never timed out before this.

How are you going to fix that?

Babsy1970
Dec 22 2009, 08:06 PM
Have to admit, I hate the new way or harvesting and plowing - far too slow for my liking.:mad:

boskherder
Dec 22 2009, 08:06 PM
I like the new harvesting. TO bad everyone is jumping on the "go back to the old way" without giving it a few days and try it out.

I still say the time it takes is the same as the old way.

cherylwordweaver
Dec 22 2009, 08:07 PM
I have read everyone's comments. Obviously with different computers and different servers there are some different issues. I have always harvested and plowed in orderly rows as I can go faster that way than any other. When I am on a site where the owner has hired a gazillion folks, I try to find a corner far away from the mob and just do the best I can.

This new system has not allowed me to do this. I was just hired by a person who hired over 10 folks to do a very small farm. I tried the go to an off corner, having been told my avatar would teleport to the spot. IT DIDN"T. It creeped and crawled and backtracked and turned etc. Finally it got to where I was. I clicked waited for the rod to count down and tried to click on another block right beside the one I was on. my avatar TURNED AROUND AND WALKED BACKWARDS away from the square. Went around a hedge, a fence and finally came back.

Now I don't have the fastest machine around but this is crazy. I asked the person why they hired so many and the reply was, "with the new system, this is the only way I can get plowing done fast. If I waited for one person I'd be here all night."

So I'm not seeing the good side of this yet. I am frustrated and tired. I understand it is a "free" game but trust me I have spent money on things so I feel like I am participating and not free loading. I appreciate it is beta and the folks are trying to make it work. but this new (which is really going backward to an old way of doing harvesting and plowing) way is not working for me.

I see folks hiring more people to get the job done faster, losing patience with the game, etc.

I hope a good night's sleep will help me. I do not consider myself a crybaby or any of the other names that some have tossed out here. I am stating my opinion.

If this change is here to stay, then I respectfully request that the PTB figure out a way to teleport the avatars consistently and get the harvesting and plowing to go faster. Not every farm is filled with long straight rows of just crops with nothing breaking up the fields.

Thanks and
Aloha,
Wordweaver

primrose711
...if it ain't broke, don't fix it - why did you "fix" this??? It's awful.

emmersom biggins
the game could offer a harvester and seeder that are solar powered that you can pay with coins. or offer fuel that can be purchased with coins to fill a gas tank that is purchased and placed on your farm. How about that i stayed positive for two minutes.

farmer_steven
Dec 22 2009, 08:08 PM
:mad:I read the "fixes" they made, but I don't like the new plow and harvest methods. I think they suck and need to be changed back. Problems or not, I liked it better the other way. I just worked for a couple other people and hated it. I wll probably quit now.

They pulled me back into the game with the plow ahead and plant ahead, but I think this is going to be the end of my two farms.

Good changes:
-plow and plant ahead
-second farm
-harverster, plower, seeder (and fuel)
-new crops

Bad Changes
-changing the plow and plant ahead logic
-anything that slows down farming

Changes still needed
-ability to fire a farmer after you have hired them (mainly because they are slow and suck)
-ability to hire a farmer to harvest and plow in one request
-ability to hire a farmer to work on both of your farms in one request
-ability to combine the two abilties above
-ability to chat in full screen mode
-ability to buy fuel with coin
-other solar power (and more expensive farm equipment)

Jomama1152
Dec 22 2009, 08:08 PM
I do have to say that I came to the forum to really complain about this new harvesting and plowing thing. I mean we're back to "wait I'm busy" again......
However, after reading why you did this I can understand and I will just have to get used to it. I really like the fact that now some rude person can't just plow or harvest all over the place where you are. They only ruin themselves. THANKS for that! So, this is just a Kudo's for what you are always trying to do for us. I love Farm Town and all the work you guys do for us.
One small thing though..... the new trees are soooo cheesy. I told all my friends to send me only old style trees. I don't want any of the new ones. I would really like to still be able to buy the old style trees. Whoever is making them, you need to replace that person with someone who knows how to do better graphics.
So Merry Christmas everyone and Thank you again!
Jo

Baloo_uk
Dec 22 2009, 08:09 PM
I like the new harvesting. TO bad everyone is jumping on the "go back to the old way" without giving it a few days and try it out.

I still say the time it takes is the same as the old way.

It might be the same time, but now you have to spend the whole time clicking.
previously you clicked the fields and then could just keep an eye on it but were not required to stare at the smae screen clicking away

Mare Contrare
I was consistently losing XP's, and posted my issues on the Forum, but this change is worse.

I had one worker harvesting and plowing my farm today, and her attempts to speed up resulted in numerous "freezing" episodes. With over 880 fields on my one farm, slowing the harvesting/plowing process makes the game very boring both for the worker and the owner who is waiting to plant.

I will try using the harvester and plower to see if that helps, but I predict there will be far fewer farmhands looking for jobs in the MP.

dixiegirl
I usually dont post but this time I had to. This is horrible... I now hate playing. I dont have the time to do this. It is to slow and I haave fast dsl. You have ruined the game. I have always loved this game... but i dont even waant to play now.... CHANGE IT BACK!!!

maryannmarrs
Dec 22 2009, 08:10 PM
I used to be able to harvest and plow a field with intense speed and accurancy. Now, I have to click each plot one at a time while my avatar moves from plot to plot while I click. I can click faster than than the avatar can move, but now I cannot harvest that fast. It is slower than before, it is harder to follow, and my screens are bouncing around to keep the avatar in the center of the screen, not where I want to be working. This is the most stupid upgrade I've seen in this game. Put it back where it was, it wasn't broken so there was no need to fixt it.

sharij
Dec 22 2009, 08:10 PM
I as well as others do not like the new format. It is annoying and frustrating. it takes us twice as long to complete a farm. The old way I can harvest a farm twice as fast. Do not like the new way

Mrs Rooster
Dec 22 2009, 08:11 PM
What is that old saying?? One bad apple spoils the whole bunch (or something like that ) So... farmers hire 10 or more to harvest and plow and some will "hog" up the whole farm and avatars will run into each other ( well ouch ). I truly dont think this new change is the solution. Seriously folks. If FT is trying to make people get along in this world...they need to just give it up ! Some are just like that. I personnally, will just thank the farmer that hired me and leave the farm. This new change is a bad idea,,,plain and simple. For those who like it...good for you. For those of us who dont...oh well..love it or leave it. I also have the two farms and am at level 60. But it's not worth all this. And if we think the creators of FT will miss us...think again. We will be replaced. Lots of luck to all the farmers !!!!!

Ann-Maree
Hi. I only found that when I lost coins or xp points is to leave before my lil peson caught up. If I stayed until my lil person had caught up and harvested or plowed all the plots then I didnt lose my coins or xp points when I went back to the marketplace or my own farm.

talu
I have been addicted to FT since I started in late August. I, like some others, am a fast "clicker". I try not to bump others when hired, but am constantly run over by rude players. These changes have hurt more than they have helped. I tried four different jobs this evening, and on everyone I got no coins, nor xps - "already done" is the message that was repeated to me over and over again, even though I intentionally start in a corner where there are no other workers.
I am respectfully requesting that the changes be rescinded, or I, along with the other 6 players in my household will no longer be playing.
P.S. I am level 54 with two farms.

bkdisney
Dec 22 2009, 08:12 PM
Well I like many became addicted to Farm Town...today was like someone threw the brakes on, I lost more xp's today than ever because not knowing this change was coming I left a large plow job because I felt like I was hindering the job as I tried to fix the problem. I have tried 2 more jobs since then and I am done! I have 2 farms and both have 2nd farms and had a blast being a nice and neat farmer, as soon as the fields are done and plowed, I am quiting until things improve instead of taking a step back to the beginning. Way to much frustration to mess with, byr my farm friends, see you around...oh and who ever made these changes...go to the market and read the complaints, lots and lots of frustration from everyone!

PenLeeMac
This New upgrade is pathetic....I dont know about others but i just spent over a hour trying to harvest and plow was so slow i quit......i dont have time to spend this long doing a harvest......pleaseeeeeeee fix this ..... penny.mac59@hotmail.com

Chuckcbr
If the person that came up with the new way of harvesting and plowing worked for me...He or she would be out of a job tonight!!!!!

Old Goat
Dec 22 2009, 08:13 PM
I just got initiated to the new changes this evening. Can't say I like this batch. My avitar keeps getting in my way -- when she is not whining that she is busy... (She is starting to sound like me, lol) I understand the need for changes, but can you please take this one back???
Your avatar still get in your way?? Mine was too but last time I harvested and plowed for someone my avatar actually moved out of my way. Hope it changes for you too :)
Not totally convinced that this change is all good or all bad or what, but like it more than I did when it first hit us. Hated it!!! We'll see.

calsuzie
These new changes are simply terrrible. You can get no speed in harvesting or plowing because many people have layered fields so you have to move around and then you sit and wait. Also the server is frequently wonky about going in both directions, so if you have to go from the bottom up in order not to have your screen blanked out, once again you have to wait on your avitar.

I have loved this game and really enjoyed meeting other people through the "work on my farm" element. But unless this is changed, I will no be playing anymore. It would take forever to level up without this element, and I'm a level 52 now.

I understand about the lost points and coins, I lost them several times. But, I didn't worry about it much because I enjoyed what I was doing so much.

In this case the fix, is WAY worse that the original problem.

A sad and disappointed farmer. :mad:

Rosie the farmer
THIS business of making you wait for the avatar before you can plow or harvest one patch IS BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD!!!!

I just worked a neighbor's small farm --- and it took FOREVER!!!!

You have just made FarmTown way more frustrating and a lot less fun ...

I have stuck with this game through its various incarnations and I can understand glitches in a beta game and needing to be patient while glitches are smoothed out and worked.

But with this change, you have actually DELIBERATELY changed it from better to worse!!!! Who the heck does that in developing a game??????

Anyway, a lot of my neighbours have already given up on FarmTown. I don't blame them.

Until and unless this gets changed back, I am not going back to the marketplace to hire or be hired because I just don't have the kind of time it takes to do that.

And there are lots of people like me ... so it will become a less social game. If that is your goal --- to make it a less social game --- then congratulations, you have succeeded. But this will result in far fewer FarmTown players.

Token
Dec 22 2009, 08:14 PM
I love FarmTown, I'm on every day. This is the best app I've found on FaceBook, but the new harvesting is painful. You say you expected some complaints, why don't you find out what is really important to your users. Do a poll and see which people would prefer, slow harvesting or losing some xp/coins. Find the root cause of the problem and fix that. If having lots of people working on a farm causes a problem, don't allow it. It's not worth the time anyway. I am so disappointed in this change, I'm already level 60, so I'll just quit working on other peoples farms, but I bought a big second farm so my neighbors who don't have the time I do could level up. With the new harvesting, they can't spend the time working on my farm and theirs.

keegan79
Dec 22 2009, 08:14 PM
Hi there,

The issues are:

1) Lost xp's and coin
This is caused by double cliking to go faster. The first clik is a delayed register which allows for the registering of multiple cliks. This in turn allows for more coin and xp's to be delivered than the final count will allow. They are then deducted when the worker changes screens.
I have counted this dozens of times in my own efforts as a single worker. In working with other workers I have never known who got the coin/xp when over-cliking by another farmer, and therefore could not achieve an accurate count.
What people thought they were losing was not really theirs in the first place.
The double cliking to go faster has been, by far, the primary culprit in all of my counts.

2) Collisions? harvesting and plowing over work that was previously done by someone else.
Currently the game allows a plot to appear unharvested/unplowed to other workers after it has been harvested/plowed. And allows the other workers to treat it as such. Its being harvested is not showing to other workers/players and they are cliking it as a new plot and it is registering at some later time.
It is concievable that a single plot can be harvested by however many workers are on the field. There is no way to identify from the screen who/how many have harvested/plowed a single plot. We are certain that it is at least 2. So we know at least 2 people will have an errors in their earnings.

Your correction was:
Wait for avatar between each plow/plant and you have added harvest. That is what this amounts to. The avatar has to plow/plant/harvest each plot before the next plot can be done.

Should be:
Corrections:
1) lost coin/xp's - Post the action in real time on the first clik, eg: visual conversion to dirt or plow to all workers so there is no misunderstanding and no aggravation for another worker coming along and trying to harvest/plow that same plot. All following cliks won't register for another worker and do not register xp's or coin. The transaction is complete with the first clik.
The bottom line is that the first clik and the plot's immediate reaction is the key to everything.

This would also solve the problem of mouse trackers because they wouldn't be able to come through and steal harvests and plows because you allow that now by not registering the first clik. This happened to me twice this week. The speed was unblievable and she was able to take whole sections I had already harvested but that my avatar hadn't gotten to. The avatar's name was 0Lidia0, there were a number of other sigils before and after her name in addition to the 0's.

2) Collisions - See #1 under this heading

My response:
I can't play this game like this.

crbeachgirl
Dec 22 2009, 08:15 PM
I really loved the last upgrades but i really hate this one, I cannot plow my layered fields now?!?! this is so frustrating. Please change it back to the original

If you do not like this upgrade and wish for it to be changed back, please post in the thread below
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285118

i can no longer work....i cannot plow or harvest...NOTHING! I have tried all afternnoon...lots of lost time. I will not be able to continue w/FT if it does not speed up.:mad::mad::(

OhComeNow
I had no idea anything had changed until someone hired me to plow. Most frustrating experience. The little avatar jerked its way from square to square, and I could see the other two plowers struggling as much as me. One gave up in disgust after 8-10 squares.

I normally click very fast as my computer is new. I do not hog and resent being slowed down to glacial speed.

Thanks for the attempt, but fixing the game so that it goes from fun to dull in one day is no solution.

I won't threaten to leave as some have, but if I can't fit some fast fun farming jobs into my work lunch hour, what's the point?

crbeachgirl
I cannot do anything...NOTHING...no plow, no harvest. HELP

BirdWhisperer
Stupid! I hate this new way of harvesting. I am a fast harvester and can't stand how long it takes to get this done now and actually don't want to play the game. Please change it back. I understand about the losing of XP/coins, but there MUST be a better way to do it, and let us continue to click while waiting for the coins to add up. I also found that hitting the SAVE button helped with that problem and it would load up. There must be something to works much better than what you just did. I don't have 20 MINUTES to harvest one farm. I don't intend to spend ALL day playing on the game, and have a window of time to enjoy it. Please change it back, or make it harvest much much faster than it is now. not real crazy about the big seed bag, or harvester tool but can live that if needed. Thank you.

skoocher1999
Dec 22 2009, 08:16 PM
70% less problems!!!! You have GOT to be KIDDING! If this is your answer for a problem you are going to have 70% less players. This is slow, sticky and cumbersome!
Please change it back! I have been absolutely addicted to this game until today! Now it's just plain boring!

suzanne_gr@yahoo.com
This new way of harvesting/plowing is not good at all. I can hardly get (any)thing done.Also for the longest time I never had the server go out on me now I can't keep in the game. Please change this back or there will be no game at all.

Tom95210
THIS SUCKS! Nobody has time for this **** and now I feel like I wasted the past 9 months playing this game for nothing. It wasn't broke, so why try to change it. And this "oh, this will fix the lost coins/XP issues" is bull. :mad:

You are a bunch of MORONS for ruining what used to be a fun game. Now it's a boring drag on everyones time. :mad:

Wild Rose
Dec 22 2009, 08:17 PM
When I started playing FT about 4 months ago. It was click and wait, click and wait. Then the new fast harvesting and plowing came in - I liked it but the complaints were that people preferred the old way as it was relaxing and theraputic. But some people were disadvantaged by the loss of coins and points so more complaints.

Now we have a system that is somewhere in between the last 2 and I accept that changes are always made in our best interests so no complaints from me. If people think this is slow then they should have been playing 4 months ago...... In fact you have put me back in my place because recently I had become a random worker (the type I used to hate). It worked for me.
So, to those who say they are going to leave - GO. GET LOST. There are more aspects to this game than just getting things done quickly. You can't hurry the crops to ripen or the flowers to bloom so get over yourselves.

I have 4 FT farms and love the game as I have met some great people from all over the World.
To the moderators and programmers, I wish you a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

ed's farm123
Dec 22 2009, 08:17 PM
HI all this is my 1st post however I have constantly read posts here in the forum to keep updated.

I don't like these changes at all it is slow and my browser has crashed constantly whilst trying to harvest and plow a friends farm. Personally I would rather lose the Coins/XP's to be honest I never really noticed them missing after a while.

I had a layered farm but although it could no longer be plowed I was able to delete the harvested fields to get it back to normal to re-plant so any-one having trouble doing this try logging out and going back to bulldoze it should work.

Let me say again: YOU CAN STILL LAYER CROPS, NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN THAT RESPECT.

DARLENEW
Dec 22 2009, 08:18 PM
I JUST HARVESTED MY OWN CROPS ON MY SECOND FARM AND IT WORKED VERY WELL......LIKE THE OLD WAY....HAS IT BEEN CHANGED BACK OR DOES IT JUST WORK BETTER WHEN YOU DO YOUR OWN CROPS? I HOPE IT IS BACK TO THE OLD WAY....DON'T WISH TO KEEP COMPLAINING OR COMPLAIN AT ALL, I'M JUST FRUSTRATED BECAUSE I LOVE FARMTOWN SO MUCH, AND DON'T WANT TO BE ONE OF THE CONSTANT COMPLAINERS, I'M JUST VERY CONCERNED.....:o

Kristina1022
Dec 22 2009, 08:19 PM
It makes it impossible to play, I keep hiring people and they quit. How can we play this game like this? I got hired to do a job and it took forever. No fun anymore.

heymon50
I want to thank the creators of this game and all the hard work that they have put into the game. All the upgrades have been great. BUT I hate having to wait on the avatar and miss the highlighter over the squares. I understand why the change, but if there is a way to harvest faster and not have the avatar follow that would be great.

DixieKaye
I absolutely loved Farm Town. I am level 60, have 2 farm, have spent realy "Cash" on things and now this. I really do hate this upgrade, it is is that. I will probable go totally to FarmVille now unless you revert back to the previous versions. This is absolutely awful.

logswest
Dec 22 2009, 08:20 PM
I have spent the last two hours trying to figure out how to handle this change. I went through 15 workers in market before I found two that stayed to work my farms. It is very frustrating. As long as I saved my work I have not had any trouble with coins or xp being lost. Everything was starting to be exciting again. My family was working our farms with excitement for the new levels. Now we are all quitting unless things return to normal. I would a lot rather run into another worker than take ten times longer to do a job.

butterflylin
I've played FT for a long time, read Forum since October. I never posted before but this "new release" is such a pain, I just won't go to anyone's farm to work. May never make a higher lever, and if not, when I get too bored there are plenty of other games out there. Farmtown was always my favorite, but if it stays like this, I'll probably quit soon.

Please change it back.:

uvafan42074
I would rather lose coins. These changes suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As in the WORST ever to this game :rolleyes:

kmerr50
It is slower to harvest and plow (hired and working for others); but, the avator is not doing a re-run so that helps some.

I have not leveled up in 3 wks and I do same work every day. I'm level 60 and gained over 7000 xps in 2 days.

Tonite my seeder completely disappeared right before my eyes.

HELP.......

Token
It works well when doing your own farm. There goes the social networking aspect of the game.

primrose711
Raul - I am sure by now you have read the "reviews" regarding the harvesting change. Clearly there is one pro and about 400 cons. You have got to be kidding with this pointless, frustrating change. And, no Raul, I do not believe this was done to eliminate the XP/Coin loss - how does causing a new problem, fix an old problem????? I agree with everyone else - is this is what the developers want to do (have our Avatars move S-L-O-W-L-Y); how about we all move right out the farm door and over to Farmville. I, like everyone else, am confused as to why you would destroy this game. I have tons of family and friends on Farm Town who do not send messages on the Forum, however, feel as strongly as I do. It was fun while it lasted...but I do not have the time to waste because some developer had a foolish idea. Whoever you are out there - you might think about another career. :(:mad:

IzzysGirl
lVladDrag0n: I would think that the majority of the complaints you will get is from the people with faster connections and/or cheat programs that allowed them to walk all over the people that didn't use the cheating programs and/or are only able to obtain a slower connection to the internet.

All I can say to this is "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" WTF? I have been playing this game for 7-8 months almost from the VERY beginning!!!!! I don't know any cheats....and I am on wireless so my connection is what it is, my computer is new and may be fast....I DONT have all day to sit and harvest and plow for 10 hours because people like you have all the time, I have a family and other things to do. Farmtown is a supposed to be FUN and RELAXING!!! I don't walk over the top of people.....you shouldn't make comments when I think most of the people complaining are just like me, we just want to come on and ENJOY ourselves. I am not a rude person....I have put a lot of ENDLESS HOURS into my farm(s)....so a BIG F U I guess would be in order to you! :)

Tom95210
Dec 22 2009, 08:21 PM
Raul, you RUINED this game. This sucks. You have just ran off the majority of the players, I'm sure.

free_a_spirit
this is horrible. basically, you have forced the tick mark "wait for each plow/plant". my suggestion....we are having coin and xp issues because people think its cool to hire 20 people to do one farm. thats a lot of confusion, for us, and the server. make a limit for the market....you can hire only 1 person per job at a time. so 1 plower 1 harvester. or even 2 each so max is 4. seems anything over 4 is a HUGE issue!!! that, or make it so we can ONLY hire our neighbors, most of who are our family and real life friends. then we can have a family fight over etiquette, rather than a farmtown fight. maybe in the market...you could somehow make it so we could lose the chat box, and just have some bubble that shows whether we are hiring or looking for work, and what kind of work...you go to market and tick what ya need, and a bubble over your head appears...

....someone mentioned us using plowers and harvesters on others fields...i agree with this!!!! i often thought the same, they are useless, since we hire out to help others gain xp/coins, and to save money. i only use the seeder.

those are my suggestions...but the current fix is not going to be popular and you are going to lose users with it, most people don't have an hour to wait on the fields to be harvested and plowed before they can plant!!!!

pamfosterling
I tried it again...and it's even worse now when you are near another avatar...talk about collisions! PLEASE PLEASE make it a pleasurable game again. This was is the most inefficient system/game I have worked with. Going slow is not pleasure...it is torture. Why not limit the amount of workers that can be hired rather than slow quicker people down to a snail's pace. Forget marketplace, now. We'll all have to move up levels on our own farms, if we continue to play at all.
I understand the losing coins/xps....but those can quickly be made up at a far greater pace the old way.
You've made a lot of good improvement....this is just not one of them.

Token
Dec 22 2009, 08:22 PM
Just roll back this change and do more research. Please!

mbw
This is even against what Facebook is all about. It gives people LESS time to talk to each other. Because they have to keep looking for their next field to be done harvesting or plowing. Instead of being social.

This is the WORST thing the Farm Town developers could have ever done.

brigarkee
The problem with these harvest/plow changes is that it seems like you guys are switching it up quite frequently... you finally get used to one thing and then onto another curve ball... I HATE this new change, I think it is very time consuming... only at certain times is it moving at a decent speed... when I click on a field I had to wait for my guy to walk every path of a farm around every fence, it is just HORRIBLE!
You guys need to put it back to the way it was... if people would pay attention to their points, they would notice that it was given immediately upon clicking a field... just like BEFORE that change... all points would eventually tally up once you refreshed or clicked go home.
Everything was fine before this last change.... I am walking away tonight from a game I usually would spend another hour at after working on 2 farms plowing... too exhausting and annoying for words... because no matter how hard you try to stay in line with your plowing.. you have all these numbers drifting up in front of you.. you can't see if you are hitting the next field over and end up having to wait for your avatar all over again.

Been playing this for a while now... and thank you ... yes... you have finally given me the reason I've been waiting for, to spend more time AWAY from facebook :)

Jaysgirl
I don't have alot of time to sit here and do this so a couple times a day I get on here and just hammer away and my husband has a farm as well so he does the same. We have two boys that keep us very busy and farmtown is our way of winding down and relaxing. It is not relaxing at all the way it is now. It's frustrating and aggervating. I don't want to hire or be hired or plant or anything. Please fix it back. It will take forever to level up. It takes so long to do anything now that I just don't have time to do it. Time or patience for that matter. I loved when I could say hang on , Dear just one more job and in five mins be done and off to do whatever I need to do. Now I don't even have time for one job. It is just to slow and takes to long. I feel like my one form of relaxation that I enjoy doing has been turned into something else to aggervate me. :confused:

BirdWhisperer
Dec 22 2009, 08:23 PM
Stupid! I hate this new way of harvesting. I am a fast harvester and can't stand how long it takes to get this done now and actually don't want to play the game. Please change it back. I understand about the losing of XP/coins, but there MUST be a better way to do it, and let us continue to click while waiting for the coins to add up. I also found that hitting the SAVE button helped with that problem and it would load up. There must be something to works much better than what you just did. I don't have 20 MINUTES to harvest one farm. I don't intend to spend ALL day playing on the game, and have a window of time to enjoy it. Please change it back, or make it harvest much much faster than it is now. not real crazy about the big seed bag, or harvester tool but can live that if needed. Thank you.:mad:

hlaveli
Dec 22 2009, 08:24 PM
Overall - i am unhappy with the new changes made to harvesting and plowing. I found large farms taking an excessive amount of time to harvest and plow. I also find that the coin saving and XP count gets in the way of seeing what I've plowed and what I haven't. It's just in the way. Overall a bad move on the part of your developers. In the past, I may have been able to harvest/plow ahead of time, but I always waited till my avatar finished displaying the points/coins. In that way I never lost cash or XP. It's a shame you had to change code to fix one thing and trash something else that affected the user as both the Farmer and the Harvester/Plower. It's been bad enough since the change that I've considered no longer playing the game. Not what I would call an Improvement.

Thanks for the forum!

ktsmom9
Dec 22 2009, 08:24 PM
Thank you for this upgrade. At last I can continue you plough and harvest quickly using a methodical method without plots disappearing from under me by 'invisible' and somewhat greedy farmers. I have not lost out at all tonight as my method is very quick unlike those who use a random method. Keep up the good work. :-)

Those of us who have very rapid eye-hand coordination were able to harvest/plow very quickly. We are not "greedy", we're just FAST. Or WERE, until FT hamstrung us today with this obnoxious new mode of working.

I'm delighted that people who never bothered to click on "save" are no longer losing their XP's due to their own ignorance. I've never lost any coins or points, but then, I always remembered to click "SAVE". DUH.
Computer use 101.

Please at least get rid of the neurotic zooming avatar, in hopes that not having excess graphics might speed things up a bit.

The other problem here is that when you have lazy/sloppy workers, it will take FOREVER for those of us who are/were fast to go behind them and do clean up work. In fact, I will probably flat REFUSE to do so now, as it will take forever.

BirdWhisperer
Dec 22 2009, 08:25 PM
If this doesn't get resolved to make EVERYONE happy, I am done with Farmtown. Hope to see if it gets fixed back to how it was or better/faster.

bethv2001
Dec 22 2009, 08:26 PM
The new harvesting and plowing are horrible.makes our whole faming quit farmtown.remove it.thank you

sugarhunyicet@yahoo.com
the new way is not convenient at all!!!:mad::mad::mad: i would rather lose some xp points or coins than to take forever harvesting or plowing a field. if multiple workers on a single farm were the issue then you should have limited the # of people a person can hire to 2 at a time. Its a shame because i really liked this game and i think he changes that were made are only going to hurt the amount of people that play. Im really disappointed:(:(:(:(:(

Audioqueen
I too am unhappy with the new changes. How about a toggle in the preference section so that those of us who don't care whether or not we lose coins or XP points can toggle back to the old way of plowing/harvesting or have it set for our farm so that we can have the option of quicker harvest/plow.

I used to think I was losing points because I thought they added as I clicked to plow. However, I found that if I clicked on the save pending changes, and left the farm I was plowing on, my xp points increased when I refreshed.

I have 2 farms here and 2 farms at Myspace, this is my therapy, but with the aggravating "improvements", I may as well go play Bejeweled Blitz or Farmville.

How about that toggle?

PRT
Neurotic is putting it mildly. LOL. That mini woman is driving me nuts. She must think she's the new dance queen.

gymsuz
Starting 12/22, when I am hired to harvest, FT lets me begin, then makes me reload to continue, and I am put back on my farm. Makes me look like I left the job. Verrrrrrryyyyy frustrating.

miknmacsmom
Dec 22 2009, 08:27 PM
This update is frustrating. To me this has made things worse. Hiring people is useless because it takes soooooo long and they quit. Might as well do it yourself since it is faster. I was just getting addicted to this game and now and irritated with it. I will find something else to play during my computer time!

jonhicks21
Dec 22 2009, 08:28 PM
I like the new way. Now it is not as hard to tell when the ones I hire are done harvesting so I can hire to plow. Before I had to refresh several times to be fair to everyone. Also, now when doing other peoples farms it means I don't have to worry about the guy that just click every where to get the crops.

momgoose72
Please change it back to the way that it was. With this new way I am unable to hire people to plow my fields. PLUS I was so happy to get rid the "I am busy" Now it is back again and such a pain to wait for.

CHANGE IT BACK - PLEASE!!!

mbw
Just keep closing threads. Locking threads. The number of negative posts is proof. The ratio of positive vs. negative is proof. This is BY FAR the worst thing the Farm Town developers have ever done. This will completely kill Farm Town if they don't do anything soon.

Moderators: Do your job. This is a forum. Don't close threads when you disagree, but when people have valid points.

People are posting negative things here 10 times a minute. That should mean something. Because NEVER BEFORE in the history of Farm Town have so many people and such a high ratio ever been this negative about Farm Town.

Let the developers read it. They made the worst decision in the history of Farm Town. By a HUGE margin.

boskherder
It might be the same time, but now you have to spend the whole time clicking.
previously you clicked the fields and then could just keep an eye on it but were not required to stare at the smae screen clicking away

And then you would have to wait........and wait..........and wait for your avatar to finish. Now once your finished, your finished and can go on to the next job.

nawteecowgirl
the new harvest and plowing , wow yall really makin people mad now. who has 60-80 minutes to plow ONE field?!!! use to take me 20 minutes tops to plow the largest farms. oh my my my my suggestion , revert back to the old style or theres going to be alot of players droppin off farmtown in the toilet. i tried hiring 9 different people to harvest and nobody wants to because it now takes to long. and going into the marketplace theres riots starting. watch out someones liable to toss a barrel at ya lol

IzzysGirl
Dec 22 2009, 08:29 PM
Those of us who have very rapid eye-hand coordination were able to harvest/plow very quickly. We are not "greedy", we're just FAST. Or WERE, until FT hamstrung us today with this obnoxious new mode of working.

I'm delighted that people who never bothered to click on "save" are no longer losing their XP's due to their own ignorance. I've never lost any coins or points, but then, I always remembered to click "SAVE". DUH.
Computer use 101.

Please at least get rid of the neurotic zooming avatar, in hopes that not having excess graphics might speed things up a bit.

The other problem here is that when you have lazy/sloppy workers, it will take FOREVER for those of us who are/were fast to go behind them and do clean up work. In fact, I will probably flat REFUSE to do so now, as it will take forever.

I agree. After playing this game for several months I have found a method to my madness and apparently some people just don't know how to play well with others LOL

Dirt Diggler
Dec 22 2009, 08:29 PM
its more like a downgrade for most.:(
on the plus side the harvesters & plowing machines will now have the dust blown off & used more frequently.
On the negative side, people will turn to doing all there own work, the market place will cease to exist & the chances of meeting more of the great people I have met already will become a thing of the past. this game has been my life since May, please change it back, I'm not ready to start a NEW LIFE JUST YET.
do the right thing, change it back & limit the number of people hired to 2, or a max of 3, that will make ur 70% success rate look silly.
I have been to farms where there were more than 10 people working doing different things, its silly for them to hire that many, but u allow it & then penalize the people who play the game the way its supposed to be played.:confused: