PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 22nd, 2009 - UPDATE 2

Pages : 1 [2] 3

patternmaker
Dec 24 2009, 04:51 PM
I just harvested a huge area, only to find out it had already been harvested. It was saying "already done" on another area of the screen I guess. The plots were showing up as "ready to harvest" but apparently someone had already harvested them. This has happened on at least 5 farms! PLEASE get this fixed! What a waste of time harvesting stuff that's not even there :(

Capt. Conor
Dec 24 2009, 05:24 PM
You guys have wasted your time with this upgrade! we are missing more money and points because of the delay and the already done messages.

You guys have caused more issues than you have fixed

jeannieb
Dec 24 2009, 05:26 PM
The harvest and plow is ok but the save is horrible. And why did they change our servers??? Both of our farms are now on different ones than 2 days ago.

sharkiesmum
Dec 24 2009, 05:30 PM
I can queue, can anyone else

BTW thanks raul for the update,
Edit: I love this update but I am having more collisions than ever, When I work for someone, who hired 3 people for 100 plots, I am clicking in a pattern and when my farmer goes to the to collect my cash, it says already done, this is causing me to lose even more money than before. They farmers, get to the plots before my farmer can get his cash, please just roll it back to its old plowing state Here is a pic
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/261/ssssssn.jpg So as you can see, she is plowing OVER my queued plowing spots.

This is happening to me now since you did the upgrade & also having to be rehired :(

twpogue
Dec 24 2009, 05:42 PM
Seems like when you enter full screen mode while planting the bag of seed grows real big, but adjusts if you choose a new crop. If you are already in full mode when you start planting it comes out in the intended new size.
I hired people at my second farm and things went a lot smoother, so I'll assume the problems I had earlier were transient connection-related problems, not issues with the new release.
Harvesting seems much faster, and I haven't had any hirelings complain about not getting their earnings (though I never hire more than one at a time, so I can't speak to the collision problem).
- Clem Perkins, Level 56 Nutcase

lVladDrag0n
Dec 24 2009, 05:55 PM
AFTER uninstalling, clearing cache manually, rebooting and re-installing flash this is now happening.

I am receiving so many collisions during plowing that it's not funny. I also have found that if you get too far ahead of your avatar, that the credits stop rolling and you get the already done message or nothing at all when the plots are processed. The plots are also processed far behind the avatar. It's like the roles of the credits and the avatar are reversed. In the meantime, if there are any workers working with me, if THEY click it before it is processed on my screen, then THEY get the credit and I receive nil.
In addition, if the hiring farmer starts to plant while I am still plowing and/or there are credits to be processed, then all credits stop. Coins AND XP.
This occurs on FaceBook (WP53) and MySpace (WP21 and WP23) consistently without exception.

Edit:
Add FaceBook server WP44. I'm now placed on that server. Just spent over 20 minutes at a job with 3 others. Collisions everywhere and no XP or coins......all I got was "Wait I'm Busy" or "Already Done". THAT is ludicrous unless it has something to do with the fact that since the newest update it takes forever to load a farm, turn trees and buildings off and on and anything on my farm that I change up.

Mishy
Dec 24 2009, 05:57 PM
You guys have wasted your time with this upgrade! we are missing more money and points because of the delay and the already done messages.

You guys have caused more issues than you have fixed

Oh yes but everybody....except me...whinged about the 'new release' and as a result, we got this 'tweaked new release'. Bet the whingers wished they shut their respective pie holes now....*lol*

Old Goat
Dec 24 2009, 06:03 PM
Since this latest update both my wife and I are timing out way more than we ever have. The 'saved data' pop up now comes on UNDER the 'connection timed out' pop up, so we can no longer wait it out until things catch up. Pretty much has made us inoperative for harvesting and plowing.
We have BOTH been switched over to wf 15 and wf 25. Were on different ones before. Facebook, Google Chrome.

gwennymarie
Dec 24 2009, 06:13 PM
what is this now????? do all this work and get nothing but ALREADY DONE.

dixiegirl
Dec 24 2009, 06:28 PM
Oh yes but everybody....except me...whinged about the 'new release' and as a result, we got this 'tweaked new release'. Bet the whingers wished they shut their respective pie holes now....*lol*

Ummm NO! why r u so rude?
I could not play farmtown with the orginal new release, and not at all now with this fix release. It should have stayed as it was before DEC 22. I never complained before this version on the 22. I want my Farm town back!

KimmieKim
what is this now????? do all this work and get nothing but ALREADY DONE.

yep. ain't it fun? NOT.

Merry Christmas and I hope the Dev get this fixed AFTER some good holiday time. It might be the last down time they have if they don't get it done and many stop playing because they will then have to be working on a new game or huge fix/win us back.

Petey's Mom
I think it's worst... I am still loosing coins and XP's. You don't know what has been harvested or plowed and then I still have to wait for coins or" already done" to load before I can be hired to plow. The waiting on coins to load takes forever. I have to refresh the hold game to be able to start another job.
I use to love this game but I'm ready to harvest every thing on my farm and stop playing. It's gotten to be more of a pain then fun.:mad:

Mastskm
Dec 24 2009, 06:38 PM
once again I harvested a whole field and didn't make a dime! It says "already done".....GRRRRRRR

PegasiMoon
Dec 24 2009, 07:14 PM
once again I harvested a whole field and didn't make a dime! It says "already done".....GRRRRRRR

I feel Your Pain and Anger.

Tried my luck and took a harvesting Job... out of 100 plots I clicked on I got Maybe 20 of them then this "Already Done" ****... I CLEARLY SAW THE *#%@ Crop sitting there why the *#%@ am I Not getting the Coins For IT!!!!!!

This is making me Hate this Game and FarmVille seems the likely game to capture my time now.

I understand it's the holidays and I will suffer through it as much as my patience will allow it. I Hope the DEV's can fix this and get things into working order... and get rid of this Already done **** it's wasting our time.

And as I have said before if there is anyway to program the game to let us know which plots have already been taken, or placed in que, would be a nice thing in my eyes at least not sue how others would see it.

squeak365
Dec 24 2009, 07:38 PM
I do not like the way the avatar moves...jerking from plot to plot...just go back to the old way please...and put a limit on the amount of people one can hire per harvest...

There are always going to be some who are faster, some who are slower and some who can't get their shyte together enough to play this game.

LindseysNana
Dec 24 2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks for all your hard work! I love all the updates and how often they come out.

shdytxmn
Dec 24 2009, 07:55 PM
Been away from the forum for a few days - didn't realize there had been an updated version. I did notice that harvesting has been much, much faster with the Avatar generally harvesting a field almost as soon as I clicked on it. Really like that. Now if plowing could be as fast!!!

tlc_24_88@yahoo.com
Dec 24 2009, 07:58 PM
I'm getting really tired, really fast, of wasting so much time and effort on jobs just to be told that half the stuff I clicked was "Already Done." This is my only complaint about the newest update, but it's a big one. Hope it gets sorted out quickly!

raynorcp
Dec 24 2009, 08:14 PM
Still an awful lot of time outs.

wskibnt
Dec 24 2009, 08:19 PM
I think it was me who said "careful what you wish for". I think you should have just been happy with what you had been given till the dev's had it fixed. I see more complaints now that it went back than the fix they implemented. I'm just glad I don't have to count on the market place for xp or coin at the moment. I did plant a field today and usually when I run out of gas it tells me but now it just keeps planting and you realize too late you don't have enough after you planted half a field that won't plant. Thanks complainers for all you did to have it your way.

rooknight
Dec 24 2009, 08:30 PM
All I can say is WOW when it comes to this new release. Talk about a step BACKWARDS!
My New Years resolution was to find a way to slow down on my time in Farm Town or maybe to stop all together... Thanks team for giving me my resolution early.
Did anyone think about Internet Connection speed and reliability, and latest flash player as being part of the problem ? I never had the issues described as why you needed to do this upgrade(Downgrade!)

While we are at it .... Level 60 as the highest level ??? WOW!

drwhit73
Dec 24 2009, 08:35 PM
I could have sworn I posted about this but it's gone now, so I'll try again.

Regarding the fuel tank...
Once upon a time, you could plant, harvest, whatever and once you ran out of fuel, it would not let you perform said function anymore. You would get a notice saying you were out of fuel. I don't get that notice anymore. I can click merrily along, planting my entire farm and then if I do run out of fuel, the avatar keeps moving along, but instead of planting, I get the 'need more fuel' notice each time. You can't refuel while it's doing this either. If you try, you get a pop up that says you are still busy working the farm.

Could we please return to the original?

I noticed the same problem with the fuel today. I had already clicked ahead a bunch and it kept letting me do it then it started saying out of fuel each time until it caught up to where I had clicked and the fields reverted back to plowed. I couldn't refuel until it caught up to my clicks.

butterflylin
Dec 24 2009, 08:49 PM
Before the Dec. 22nd change I never had a problem, never lost coins or xp points. Then the 12/22 disaster. Now with the latest change, I can harvest really fast, but when they hire me to plow right after harvesting, it just says I'm busy and won't let me plow. Happened on 3 large jobs. I'm giving up. It's not fun anymore.

Geezer4u
Dec 24 2009, 09:19 PM
As always it was working great until you "fixed" it.

mountainmolly
Dec 24 2009, 09:25 PM
I posted once before on this thread but I am posting again. It has become so bad that I can not harvest if other people are also hired. I harvest over others' work, I can't tell that I am....I am quick so I do not know why I only can harvest a little? Others can't tell either so we are all clicking away and then waiting for the Already Done that shows up way too late. It then slows the ability to get rehired to plow. I actually like this game, but will be getting more of my "real" work done now since I can't play. I try to do one or two jobs, but mostly I just click and get stuck. Merry Christmas everyone.

Sapai
Dec 24 2009, 09:28 PM
I probably don't have anything new to say, but I figured I'd weigh in on this update debate.

As the one hiring, if I want to switch my employees over to plowing, it is nearly impossible to click on them. I often find that all the fields are harvested, but the avatars are still jumping all over the place.

There is a solution for this situation, if your game is running the same as mine. When you 'put down' (click green walk) the harvesting or plow tool, the avatar reverts to a walking movement. It halts the jumping bean motion. However, I think this may be why my avatar stalled out on field #1 of 4 while plowing, because I have a habit of switching to green walk after I've marked all the squares. So use with discretion.

Before, if the plot had already been harvested by someone else, they got the coins/points for having done it and you didn't. Since there was no notification given, people felt that they were harvesting/plowing and not getting credit for it. Now it tells you that it has already been done so that you will not expect credit that you are not going to get.

This is necessary for the stability of the program because the way it was before was causing problems as two (or more) people would reach and click on a plot simultaneously without any way whatsoever of knowing that another user was trying to click on the same plot. They have "fixed it" so that this will happen much less frequently. As long as you click on plots that are in near proximity of your avatar, you should not need to wait until the avatar reaches the location.

It should also be noted that the way it was for the majority of the life of the game you always had to wait until the avatar reached the plot you were trying to work on and often - no matter whether that plot was right there or not, the avatar would go on a "walk about" all over the farm to get to the plot that they were right next to!! Count your lucky stars that they have gotten THAT fixed! :)

I think what we are saying is that the same thing is happening. Even after Farmer A has clicked a square, Farmer B can still click the same square. "Already Done" is not mentioned at the time of the click, but rather when it actually reaches the plot in question.

This can possibly best be seen while plowing a layered square. Every plot that is clicked registers a hash mark; the avatar approaches the plot and crosses over it making it appear plowed. After passing over, the "Already Done" message is given, and in the layered case, the plow markings 'lift off' at the same time as we are told it was "Already Done". There is no advance warning. You will click it, your avatar will walk there and cross the square, and THEN are told, sorry, wasted your click and your time walking over here. It's gone. Result; no points.

biggator76e
Dec 24 2009, 09:30 PM
I've done alot of harvesting ,plowing & planting on farmtown.I have more than 2 mil ex points,$50 mil in coins.Having said that,this game still isn't as fun as it was before the HORRIBLE changes.Planting & harvesting are still slower. PLEASE get rid of those ****ed oversized seed bags & that oversized harvester.They really are VERY clumbsy features that slow the planting & harvesting process! The only thing that helps make plow still fun,Is if you're hired twice,only the arrow appears thus eliminating that clumbsy square which makes plow faster & easier.

squeak365
Dec 24 2009, 09:43 PM
PreUPDATE, if I did not get the coins and the plot switched to harvested/plowed, I had the sense to figure SOMEONE ELSE GOT TO IT FIRST. I never sit and watch my coins or exp go up...sheesh - I am too busy playing. Less fun now means back to POGO???

The Spicy Pickle
Dec 24 2009, 10:19 PM
ALREADY DONE.....

Just want to chime in that I am also having issues with this. All the time spent clicking....I can save the game a thousand times and those plots still look like they are mine....but noooooooooooo....someone else's avatar always seems to creep over and steal the glory.

Usually happens when someone hires a group of people for a job almost like one steals the bandwidth to the game....sucks up all the speed....and the rest of us are left in the dust....

Would be nice if the game would update as soon as the coins and xp go up on each plot instead of depending on the avatar to show us what is what....

Thanks for listening....

Peace out

sweetashoney99004
Dec 24 2009, 10:20 PM
I have been playing thru all this commotion with the game........i have found now not oly does it count way way too slow but there is more collions then ever. At least before when ppl ran over before it was done counting you both got paid for it now you spend all that time clicking and when it gets there to add it says already done....now i am loosing way more money then i ever have playing this game and i am not a begginer.........i am level 54 i have worked very hard at this game and now it going to garbage and you dont make any money to do anything........please try to do something about this as its been a few days now and i am about to give up this game due to all the frustrations!!!!!!

Ma Potts
Dec 24 2009, 11:26 PM
Did you refuel at any point?

No, I have not refueled for at least a week...

babygirl1977
Dec 24 2009, 11:27 PM
Well i was just in a farm plowing and someone plowed over what i had already plowed now i did not like the slow plowing where it took forever the other day but if i am gonna do the work i would like to get the pay for it ......some of us just can't help we get hired with slower ppl......please fix this problem

game not fun anymore
Dec 24 2009, 11:45 PM
maybe they need to put a cap on how many people can be hired for a farm. I hate it when someone hires 20 people to do the job of 2 or 3. But they really need to fix the layering problem, I to am tired of getting the "already done" notice and not receiving credit for my work.

Mishy
Dec 25 2009, 12:00 AM
Ummm NO! why r u so rude?
I could not play farmtown with the orginal new release, and not at all now with this fix release. It should have stayed as it was before DEC 22. I never complained before this version on the 22. I want my Farm town back!

*lol* Strike you as rude, did I??

Bottom line, it is whinging that brought about this 'tweaked' version. You either whinged & this is what you got....or you didn't...and this is still what we've got. I know for a fact, I did not whinge. I actually liked it, the 22nd/12 release, thought it could, and did, bring a touch of finesse back into the world of harvesting/plowing and as a result, eliminate the vulture mentality.

I think it should go back to the release on the 22nd/12 & everyone adapts to play accordingly - with their coins/xp accruing.

scrosses
Dec 25 2009, 12:31 AM
It took a little getting used to..but we all adjust. I know you can't make everyone happy all the time, but I have worked 7 jobs since the correction of the 22nd correction, and my Xp's points have not move even one. Coins are exactly the same as when all this started. I know this is a "trial" version...but how long can I wait? Play the game for free? I don't mind the hard work it takes to level up..but to work hard and go absolutely nowhere....is no game at all. Hope it doesn't take too much longer. Really have enjoyed this game..as many thousands of others have too. Any ideas about how long this Feedback trial will take?

Otherwise..please hurry..I really so not want to farm by myself. Scrosses..thanks:o

Rhoda123
Dec 25 2009, 01:04 AM
did nothing to fix the problems with harvest being gone over what i did and taking away coin or points when plowing. Also the already done issue is still valid in that their is no way to know what is done or not before wasting endless amounts of time. What should i do now??

shelleyl
Dec 25 2009, 01:10 AM
As I said, I like the new upgrade and have had a chance to try the new upgrade just about 30 mins ago.
Yes the harvesting and plowing goes fast, but the adding of exp/coins is after getting really slow...20+ mins for a farm depending on size eventhough i finished the job in 5 mins. I got to hang around for 15mins or more just to wait for the exp/coins to add.
And if im on a farm with more than one person harvesting most of the plots show ALREADY DONE. And I have to hang around just to see every plot tell me its already done for another 15- 20 mins. With the old version it NEVER took this long for the coins/exp to add up. The amount of times im getting booted since the upgrades is well...many many times. I havent been booted in ages. Please roll it back and limit the hire to 1 for harvesting and plowing as you suggested earlier.
Thanks for trying to make this game more enjoyable for us all....It just didnt work with this upgrade.
I rarely had problems with the last version, and it has never been so slow in adding exp/coins.

Try using the "Save" button. I use save and it collects everything I've done within a couple seconds then I can leave the farm I'm working for.

shelleyl
Dec 25 2009, 01:24 AM
Still an awful lot of time outs.

Yip. Timed out 4 times in 5 minutes tonight. THAT is what needs fixed.

kayetiez
Dec 25 2009, 01:25 AM
it is really nice to see that your avatar is following the command... it looks faster than ever.. the problem is the saving of coins and xp... it is too slower and gives me a lot of headache. while waiting for my coins and xp after a long time it will then said already done. i cant even move even if i refresh it... i like the another version of this cause i'm losing a lot of coins, xp, time and even farm job... hope you can do something to correct it. thanks

Smeghead
Dec 25 2009, 02:33 AM
I know this is probably the wrong spot, but I hope someone will answer anyway or direct me to the correct place.

With the new update, I lost one of my neighbours overnight. Yesterday afternoon, I could hire to people to plow and this morning I couldn't. This is highly frustrating as I had only just recently been allowed to hire to plow.

cindy1
Dec 25 2009, 03:03 AM
ALREADY DONE.....

Just want to chime in that I am also having issues with this. All the time spent clicking....I can save the game a thousand times and those plots still look like they are mine....but noooooooooooo....someone else's avatar always seems to creep over and steal the glory.

Usually happens when someone hires a group of people for a job almost like one steals the bandwidth to the game....sucks up all the speed....and the rest of us are left in the dust....

Would be nice if the game would update as soon as the coins and xp go up on each plot instead of depending on the avatar to show us what is what....

Thanks for listening....

Peace out

You are not alone .. it just happened to me and it's not the first time or the second or the third etc etc .. I'm not harvesting or plowing for anyone else until this is fixed. It was great before it was switched back yesterday.

Patsy Anne
Dec 25 2009, 04:53 AM
Trying again this morning (Xmas day - yay!) and still getting the situation where I harvest/plow a square and then see someone else come along seemingly after me and harvest/plow as well - when the recording of coins/xp catches up to that square it just says "already done". When I finish completely I see my "slashes" remaining where I plowed/harvested and got nothing :( Its like its out of synch?
At least coins/xp seem to be faster in their gathering. I have taken to hitting "save" quite abit as that seems to give my avatar a "kick up the bum" if you'll excuse the expression!
Hopefully things are going on in the background that will produce some better results for lots of peeps, like me, for whom things aren't so good with the overworking thingie :)

Charo
Dec 25 2009, 05:44 AM
The real problem here is that nothing saves quickly enough. Patsy hit it - people are seeing different things on their screens. The server is not keeping up, and it is no longer double counting and giving people credit for the work they have done. The server lag is ridiculous and causes so many problems.

"Already done" is an insufficient and poorly designed solution. Before 12/22, I knew when stuff was already done because it appeared harvested or plowed immediately after clicking. Now it is a gamble that we are wasting our time and losing xp/coins because we do not know until the avatar gets to the square that the work was wasted.

The server and its lag is the problem. We need to be seeing the same things.

RevJack
Dec 25 2009, 07:24 AM
Yes, server lag is absolutely horrendous!

JHG57
Dec 25 2009, 09:10 AM
I think the Old Saying "If it isn't broke, DON"T FIX IT!!!" is applicable to the cluster you guys laid down on the 22nd. There was ONE message that was really helpful amongst all of the continous noise popping up on your screen, it told you when you were out of fuel instead of you finding out after you plowed the entire farm. So what did you do ? Got rid of it! The programmers for this game are apparently BLIND!! Do you think you could have made the Harvester and Seed Bag ANY BIGGER?
BTW ... Merry Christmas :)

raynorcp
Dec 25 2009, 09:22 AM
OK I tried - I really did - but we need it back to the way it was. At least I could see when someone took a plot I had harvested or plowed because it disappeared. Now I'm 50 clicks into seeing "already done". Time outs are terrible.

prossmiller
Dec 25 2009, 10:42 AM
I'm so much happier with this latest version! So far I have been keeping my ex. pts. too, which was a huge problem for me prior to the change...so thanks for that!
:rolleyes:
thanks for all the hard work on the programming. I really enjoy this game!

Mistyang Yorkie
Dec 25 2009, 10:59 AM
Im frustrated with others plowing over where I have plowed and the message "already done"... its really spoiling the fun of farming for me and not to mention loss of xp....grrrrr....

Delinch
Dec 25 2009, 11:19 AM
Is there a way to make the money ups/exp ups faster when your hired to plow or harvest? It takes way to long for the money ups/exp ups to finish. :(

bluteaun@hotmail.com
Dec 25 2009, 11:24 AM
When I am hired as a plower, I'm tired of seeing the already done message. I'm doing the one plowing, I'm just mad seeing someone being paid for my job. I'm ready to quit forever.

Capt. Conor
Dec 25 2009, 11:39 AM
Before the Dec. 22nd change I never had a problem, never lost coins or xp points. Then the 12/22 disaster. Now with the latest change, I can harvest really fast, but when they hire me to plow right after harvesting, it just says I'm busy and won't let me plow. Happened on 3 large jobs. I'm giving up. It's not fun anymore.

They did stop the wait, i'm busy message. Do you still get it?

JHG57
Dec 25 2009, 11:58 AM
This latest release could not have been thoroughly tested, you guys dumped it on the user base to debug. Shame on you! I am not one of them, but there are people that use REAL Money in this game. You in return, to show your gratitude use them like Alpha testers!

jeannieb
Dec 25 2009, 12:13 PM
Why have they changed my server again???? 3rd on in as many days. Now on WF46 and it suxs as well.

♪Jeanne♪
Dec 25 2009, 12:35 PM
Yes and No. Much improved over the 12/22 disaster. But not as good as pre-release.

I've just worked one job with another player. When my avatar was completing harvest, in between a few last coins (I guess), the message ALREADY DONE was flashing. Same for the plow. I marked many more squares than I received credit for.

Pre-release, we could see the fields that were already done much better. There were some issues with plowed fields not appearing plowed, but when they were clicked and instead of a hash mark, we got a plowed field, we knew it was already done. This way there is no way to tell until the avatar actually encounters a field that was ALREADY DONE?

In my opinion, this is going to cause MORE hard feelings on jobs with more than one hire. I know I have some now because I marked many more fields than I was paid for. So that doesn't seem to really address "lost" XP's. I clicked but received no XP. Instead of "lost XPs", I now just have LOST clicks? How is that better?

This is not the only problem, but so far it is Major. I hope you give this a few days to settle down to get all the feedback and can make corrections accordingly. People are not going to like doing a huge portion of a field only to have their avatar traveling over ALREADY DONEs for long periods of time.

Is there no way you can make the fields update WHEN they are done? In another thread, a fellow programmer made a suggestion on how that might be accomplished, IIRC.

I agree. I am having much worse problems since the 'fix' and reboot. The 'already done' message is preventing me from taking new jobs, getting hired for plowing, and going back to my farm. I wouldn't mind as much if it didn't show your progress bar before it tells you the field was 'already done'

Sapai
Dec 25 2009, 01:27 PM
No that is not what the 'report abuse' button is for! You can't report someone for doing something they don't know they are doing. Everyone harvesting or plowing on a farm at the same time sees it differently on their screen, what it looks like to you looks quite different at their end - hence they might sometimes plough something that has already been done - unknowingly.

That wasn't the question. Clicking squares that have already been clicked is unavoidable.

This was a situation where another player not just 'clicked' but plowed an entire field in less than a minute. If they had been clicked, I would have had an equal chance. They were PLOWED. That is not humanly possible. I've seen fast workers, and this was not the same at all.

Skye9988
Dec 25 2009, 01:54 PM
I am also having new issues that I did not have before this "fix." (The change on December 22nd as horrible, and I am glad you've speeded things up, but, now I have new propblems.) While my avatar goes faster, I also get the "already done" message frequently, and end up leaving a job with way fewer coins than I had "earned." Also, I am now dealing with invisibility issues. I go to the marketplace or a friend's farm, and no one can see me, and I can't see them. I have to refresh repeatedly, and even leave Facebook and return repeatedly, to get myself to show up.

I wish you would put thing s back the way they were.

missmo
Dec 25 2009, 03:38 PM
Here's the deal, I've read everyone's messages and I had every problem mentioned and then some. I used to look forward to playing and now, well, now, I sit down with dread wondering what will go wrong this time. Where did the fun go, where's the sense of accomplishment ? Now I just tussel with servers, my computer, what ever else that can malfunction. It's beyond frustrating, and believe me, real life has enough bs to offer, without this too

rainyn2004
Dec 25 2009, 04:14 PM
i have had this both yesterday and today. i have lost closet to 3,000 exp's i have the same situation as the poster ccalby his screen shot is perfect. to show waht i am seeing on my side as well.

is there any way that this can be looked into because bet ween this and the connection time out issue that has not been fixed yet, i have actually lost satisfaction with the game. it is frustrating that you take the time to click on the squares and follow the rules and then people come right up and plow under your clicked spots.

thanks for all you guys do for us players it is appreceiated.

i can not get my screen shot to print in. i am sorry

also, if you time out and have to reload there isn't a way to get back to the farm you were working on. and if you go to the market looking for hte farmer that hired you they are usually not at the same market. is there a way you can have an option to retrun to last hired farm? then when you reload you could go back and they could rehire you for you to finish the job. you don't look like you took off for no reason and you don't lose out on the work

thank you

Farmer Kate S.
Dec 25 2009, 04:23 PM
When you first get to a farm, ask the farme to add you to his/he buddy list, and you do the same. I do this with employee farmers, on the theory that I can alays remove them. That way, should you get dumped, you can come back, or the farmer can come get you, if necessary.b

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 25 2009, 05:16 PM
To reiterate what Slashkey says about bots:

Forum moderators have no control over ingame activity, so while using any kind of mechanical program or device that sends more request messages to the servers than a human reasonably can produce in the same period of time is against the TOS and can be reported directly to the development team, all posts concerning this activity here on the forums will NOT BE PERMITTED.

All threads/posts which derail into discussion of individual players or the activity of cheating WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE FORUM WITHOUT NOTICE.

If you are sure a player is cheating or using such devices/programs, either IGNORE it because is does not affect YOU or use the contact link at the bottom of your game screen to report such behavior. Please make sure your report is grounded since this WILL derail the development team from concentrating on efforts to enhance the game or fix bugs and problems that people are experiencing. UNGROUNDED REPORTS WILL RESULT IN THE PERSON MAKING THE REPORT BEING BANNED FROM THE GAME.

Farmer Llew
Dec 25 2009, 05:55 PM
How are giant seed bags and harvesting tools a good upgrade? They are really obnoxious and get in the way (not to mention they look stupid). Changing these was a BAD idea. I now refuse to work for other people - seeing the avatar hop around is really annoying and gets in the way as well.

The very best way to harvest was how you had it set up months ago when you could stand to the top right and work along each row from right to left without your avatar moving (unless you started in a new spot). It would be nice to plow that way as well. The newest change is annoying because everyone's servers aren't in sync with each other and the people with faster servers/better internet connections get more coins/pts than people without.

Please get rid of this newest change until AFTER you get all the kinks worked out. Ugh.

suzanne_gr@yahoo.com
Dec 25 2009, 06:15 PM
I just had a new experience harvesting on someone elses'farm. I harvested pineapples and my avatar didn't catch up for a while and in the mean time another harvester came in and harvested over what I had harvested and then it started saying ALREADY DONE. I'm not sure what happened, if I harvested it or she did. All I know is when I harvested it the / and 0% came up and I thought that I had done it. Now I am not sure. Wierd things are happening. Thanks for listening.

suzanne_gr@yahoo.com
Dec 25 2009, 06:19 PM
I also agree with Farmer Llew about what he said about the enlarged tools and seed bags and the way you had it set up before where the avatar could just stand in one place. This new system is very annoying. Again, thanks for listening.

teejcee44
Dec 25 2009, 07:04 PM
No one has given me a clue to how i can get my farms back. I mean, i have a few plots that I can plant, but on MOST of my 2 farms, I can't plow, delete, or plant. The only planting I can do is on the parts that I have upgraded (14x14 to 16x16 on farm 2). I am pretty unhappy. I know there are many others who are having the same problem. The bulldozer doesn't do anything, and the delete doesn't work either. The last change (Dec 22) was not ready enough to know how it was going to effect people's farms like mine. There are also many things I see that just aren't right. Like yesterday, it was telling me while i was plowing someones farm "you don't have enough money"! No KIDDING! Where did that come from? I have over 6 million coins! This whole upgrade is FUBAR.

kwanyin
Dec 25 2009, 07:30 PM
I too was spending so much time on the game loving it! with the new release, it takes soo long to work, its more frustrating than rewarding. you cannot go fast, i just bought a new computer and went on to find that the speed now working is slower way way slower than before. Please change it back.
I didnt mind losing coin or even points as i just went to work more. now the avatar is running! and i cant go fast or hardly grab the plots except at a snails pace. i guess its time to move onto another game

lazareth
Dec 25 2009, 07:38 PM
I have the latest version of Adobe Flash and have increased my Adobe Flash Player Setting to 1MB on the Global Storage Settings. My screen ( %) still freezes and takes at least one minute (sometimes more) for me to get in to a farm when hired. By the time I enter the room, all of the work is complete. I have tried all remedies suggested here in the forums to no avail. Do I need more RAM? I'm at 960MB of RAM currently. Any suggestions are appreciated

Dirt Diggler
Dec 25 2009, 07:55 PM
what happened to going back to pre december 22nd release, u told us it would go back, u lied, the game is now very annoying. i just got done harvesting over 250 pineapples and never got credit for 1, thats hogwash. as to ur comments about 70 % less problems, one word was wrong it should have read 70% more problems, i went from no problems to a plethera of problems. do us all a favor and do a rollback to the game that worked:confused::mad::(:rolleyes:

Farmer Kate S.
Dec 25 2009, 08:10 PM
I've read this thread, and don't see my issue, so, I may need to broaden my information hunt... but, JIC, although I have 10 neighbors (has that changed?) I can't hire to plow in th marketplace. I can click the option in the person's menu, and I get the message explaining what requirements exist. It asks if I want to continue, and I click yes ...and then, nothing. I don't get a response, not even a "busy". Have the plowing requirements changed? Is this an update issue, or something else? Thanks!

hlewis33
Dec 25 2009, 08:18 PM
okay guys... I just worked my neighbors two farms. She has a total of 1379 plots/fields and it usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour to harvest and plow her two farms. IT HAS TAKEN ME FOUR HOURS TO FINISH!!!!!! I've "timed out" 4 times after I've already finished clicking and had to start over. I personally do not plan on playing farmtown for four to five hours just to work one persons farm!! PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS....AGAIN!!!

raynorcp
Dec 25 2009, 08:51 PM
I truly would rather lose points than to keep getting (1) time outs - waiting (2) being stuck on a farm with already done blinking for 50 times - waiting (3) my avatar getting in my own way -waiting and (4) not knowing when I run out of fuel - waiting. Granted it "looks" like I'm going faster but in reality it is slow and painful.

I'm level 60 with two maxed out farms. Love the game but this is getting frustrating. Truly would appreciate going back to the pre-release before the 22 December snafu.

dixiegirl
Dec 25 2009, 09:12 PM
Well I must say this game has turned into a nightmare for me since the changes begining Dec 22.

today I tried to play and harvesting was slow... plowing was some better. Until the farmer started to plant. Once they planted the first plot all coins and points stoped for me. they rehired me and the farm wouldnt load.
Please please fix the problems!!! I am missing playing my game!

FarmerDeb1
Dec 25 2009, 09:16 PM
"All ready done...All ready done....". I have been playing only a month but it is no fun to click on crops that say ready to harvest and all you get is "All ready done" over and over again. You can't go home till it is done adding up all the nothing. No fun to do all that clicking for nothing. You ruined it.

MarieS
Dec 25 2009, 09:24 PM
I think it is just time to find something else to do. I'm stripping my farm back to flowers and trees so that others who want to water them can and if I go broke doing that I can harvest some trees myself to keep my friends entertained.

THANKS for the snap back to reality dev!!!

mikeb@xtra.co.nz
Dec 25 2009, 09:36 PM
This update is good on many ways but... I have had several experiences where my avatar completes the harvesting, but the payments lag way behind. This is OK except that I get timed out long before it catches up, so I miss out on the payments - and the opportunity to plow...
A fix for this would be great!

Charo
Dec 25 2009, 10:56 PM
The fuel situation is another poor design. It was better to stop being allowed to plant when fuel runs out rather than planting willy nilly and then having to do it all over again.

12/22 release was a huge step backward. Please bring back the old version.

Morgan73
Dec 25 2009, 11:02 PM
Yay the plowing and harvesting is back..now if my neighbor could see me in her farm it would be expectacular.

Jean Bone
Dec 26 2009, 12:39 AM
I truly would rather lose points than to keep getting (1) time outs - waiting (2) being stuck on a farm with already done blinking for 50 times - waiting (3) my avatar getting in my own way -waiting and (4) not knowing when I run out of fuel - waiting. Granted it "looks" like I'm going faster but in reality it is slow and painful.

I'm level 60 with two maxed out farms. Love the game but this is getting frustrating. Truly would appreciate going back to the pre-release before the 22 December snafu.

I'm so tired of the timeouts, i can get part way through a harvest or plow and i get the server has timed out message. I've tried all the suggestions to fix this I have even tried using a different internet connection and my husbands computer instead of mine and STILL the same problem

I'm getting really frustrated with this now

niknik007
Dec 26 2009, 02:00 AM
I hate the change and am about to give up working on other people's farms! Why isn't it registering right away when a plot is harvested or plowed? I will harvest and be waiting to collect my coinspoints and someone else will come after me and hijack my plot and I don't get the points or coins, instead I will harvest half a farm and every single plot will say already harvested even though I clicked on it first. Also, when I am done with a job, I will go back to the market and be frozen there and it will spend 10 more minutes saying "already done" over and over and when I try to move it will say saving...NOT FUN, please change it back!!!

ittygaerlan
Dec 26 2009, 07:09 AM
I have the same experience many have already reported: I'm clicking away on fresh areas (ready to be harvested or plowed) while waiting for my avatar to catch up. As I'm clicking, another player comes in and clicks on plots I already did, and just like that, my efforts become totally useless! I don't get any credit (coins or XPs) for work already rendered. Plus, I wasted so much time! The upgrade was intended to minimize collisions but collisions they were not -- I got to the unharvested or unplowed plot first and clicked on this! I'm being penalized for what?!? A slow connection? Server lag?

Somewhere in this feedback heap someone happy with this so-called upgrade suggested that those in my situation "deal with it" -- specifically, find more neighbors in the same time zone that I could arrange to play with at the same hours. And the subtext of this suggestion was, "you slowpokes play among yourselves?" Considering Farm Town is a social networking-based application/game, a more arrogant, elitist and inappropriate solution I probably will not not encounter.

With this upgrade, I may not have lost XPs or coins, but I sure was robbed some other way.

capricorn1
Dec 26 2009, 07:11 AM
The fuel situation is another poor design. It was better to stop being allowed to plant when fuel runs out rather than planting willy nilly and then having to do it all over again.

12/22 release was a huge step backward. Please bring back the old version.

Nicely phrased.

The fuel algorithm is a real bummer.

capricorn1
Dec 26 2009, 07:49 AM
I've done a lot of harvesting ,plowing & planting on farmtown.I have more than 2 mil ex points,$50 mil in coins.Having said that,this game still isn't as fun as it was before the HORRIBLE changes.
Just to make sure the message gets across:

horrible = extremely unpleasant; deplorable; disgusting (from dictionary dot com)

Synonyms:
1. terrible, awful, appalling, frightful; hideous, grim, ghastly, shocking, revolting, repulsive, horrid, horrendous, horrifying, repellent.

Antonyms:
1. attractive. :):):)

PLEASE get rid of those ****ed oversized seed bags & that oversized harvester. They really are VERY clumsy features that slow the planting & harvesting process!

These are nice enhancements for the players having eyesight problems. These huge tools should be an option to help those that have problems even when wearing eyeglasses. There is no need to force them on everyone! :cool::cool::cool:

The only thing that helps make plow still fun, is if you're hired twice,only the arrow appears thus eliminating that clumsy square which makes plow faster & easier.

This should be an option as well;
the player should be able to decide if he wants the square when plowing, or not. :cool::cool::cool:

Lizbet
Dec 26 2009, 07:54 AM
Capricorn 1 wrote:

"If the huge tools are meant to help those having poor eyesight, offer them as an option to those that need them."

Not being snarky here, but how does the size of the tools slow anyone down or obscure vision? I see an arrow pointing to the area being planted, or a highlighted field when harvesting. It's not as though we have to actually lift them........ so why so many complaints about the size?

I really would like to understand why it's being brought up so often.
Thanks in advance.

PS I do not have any vision issues.

felicitycoombs
Dec 26 2009, 07:59 AM

Edit: I love this update but I am having more collisions than ever, When I work for someone, who hired 3 people for 100 plots, I am clicking in a pattern and when my farmer goes to the to collect my cash, it says already done, this is causing me to lose even more money than before. They farmers, get to the plots before my farmer can get his cash, please just roll it back to its old plowing state Here is a pic
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/261/ssssssn.jpg So as you can see, she is plowing OVER my queued plowing spots.

I am having exactly the same problem. i worked out the solution - dont work with anyone else. hope the next update is better than this. I have never lost coin and XP before but now as soon as someone goes over my queued work I miss out. just because i am faster . it seems that all the whingers have won the day. i still work but I am going to leave any farm with other hired help

anita rose
Dec 26 2009, 08:06 AM
I, too, am very frustrated and ready to stop working on other farms. If I wait for my points I can only harvest/plow 1/4 the field compared to others. My computer is new with plenty of RAM, my cache is empty, my connection is speedy. Us "slowpokes" are being forced out of the game through no fault of our own. It is something on the server/update side of things. I'm on mainframe WF53. Thank you.

capricorn1
Dec 26 2009, 08:34 AM
All I can say is WOW when it comes to this new release. Talk about a step BACKWARDS!
My New Years resolution was to find a way to slow down on my time in Farm Town or maybe to stop all together... Thanks team for giving me my resolution early.

I have been interpreting
"Already Done"
as
"Fun Already Gone" :):):)

I guess that you are interpreting
"Already Done"
as
"This Farmer Already Done" with this **** :cool::cool::cool:

I kind of like your New Years resolution. :):):)

Krafty Karen
Dec 26 2009, 08:34 AM
I am very disappointed with this new upgrade. Harvesting and plowing has become a pain once again. The avatar having to be on top of the square all the time makes it impossible to do the job efficiently. The large seed bag is a pain and is too large. It obscures the work you are trying to do. I have also had issues plowing on a friends farm and had to do it twice this morning to make it work. Please put the game back to the way it was prior to this upgrade and let us farm like it was. This upgrade has extremely slowed the game down and you have gone backwards instead of ahead!

Ms Terri
Dec 26 2009, 08:51 AM
Totally agree, I am finding it very frustrating, and is putting me off going to farmtown!!

Also what is it with the BIG sickle thing!! We are NOT blind!!!

Please sort it out...

Also finding that when hired, I tend to zoom out to harvest / plow..then others come on to harvest/plow, and everything I click on, shows already done...I just leave the farm as cannot be hassled with it all...becoming a total nightmare to enjoy the game...and I just leave it completely...

Please sort it out!!

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!!!!

shadyoak22
Dec 26 2009, 08:56 AM
I am unable to do anything with a patch of snow. I can't move it, delete it, store it or sell it. It just sits there in the middle of where I wish to do some rearranging.

capricorn1
Dec 26 2009, 08:57 AM
Capricorn 1 wrote:

"If the huge tools are meant to help those having poor eyesight, offer them as an option to those that need them."

Not being snarky here, but how does the size of the tools slow anyone down or obscure vision? I see an arrow pointing to the area being planted, or a highlighted field when harvesting. It's not as though we have to actually lift them........ so why so many complaints about the size?

I really would like to understand why it's being brought up so often.
Thanks in advance.

PS I do not have any vision issues.

Lizbet,
this is a game;
it is meant to provide fun;
the interface is supposed to be pleasing to the eyes and enhancing the gaming experience.

My asking for the option regarding tool size is in fact requesting that players can adjust the tool to their pleasure;
it is asking that more people enjoy the game. :cool::cool::cool:

Now, it is really difficult to explain to you why I don't like the huge size of the harvester - seeding tools, especially if you don't think that there is a problem. It is similar to my having a different preference for the color of my shirt or my tie, or preferring my steak medium done vs rare. :):)

I don't have any problem if people want 5 ice cubes in their drink as long as they don't mind my preference for 2. :):)

Take care. :):)

dixiegirl
Dec 26 2009, 09:42 AM
It says my farm is linked but it appears not. I am on server WF25.

I am having constant problems, I have made numerous post. Up until the changes of Dec 22 I had never had problems with the game and played so much it was a joke in my family about me being addicted. I now cant play, it is almost impossible to do anything except be on my own farm... and that is no fun.

My question is, with all the pages of problems being reported here and in the thread under help, is anything being done? Are we being heard? Or are we just wasting time waiting? Should I just call it a day and move on to find another game to play? I really love this game and dont want to quit but at this point all i can do is work my farm.....

Please give us a status update, is anything being done?

inuklady
Dec 26 2009, 10:23 AM
I'm running into same problems. I do the job but takes 1 min to collect the coind then someone else starts working on top of what I finished then it starts to pop up as saying Already done then I dont collect coins from the job I just finished.
Any suggestions?

Lizbet
Dec 26 2009, 10:40 AM
Lizbet,
this is a game;
it is meant to provide fun;
the interface is supposed to be pleasing to the eyes and enhancing the gaming experience.

My asking for the option regarding tool size is in fact requesting that players can adjust the tool to their pleasure;
it is asking that more people enjoy the game. :cool::cool::cool:

Now, it is really difficult to explain to you why I don't like the huge size of the harvester - seeding tools, especially if you don't think that there is a problem. It is similar to my having a different preference for the color of my shirt or my tie, or preferring my steak medium done vs rare. :):)

I don't have any problem if people want 5 ice cubes in their drink as long as they don't mind my preference for 2. :):)

Take care. :):)

But how many options do we need? It's like asking a bartender to give you precisely three ice cubes, your girlfriend wants seven, your friends each want one and your other guests each one- six, depending.......... it doesn't have to be that complicated.

If he puts in too many, you fish out the ones you don't want :-)

A big sickle is a visual. The color of the avatar's clothing is just a visual.
Different strokes and all that.

I agree that it's all just for fun. In fact, you won't see any whining in any of my posts.

So, just as you would prefer a smaller tool, it matters not all to me.
So we agree that it's just a matter of personal preference and not essential to playing the game.

BTW, took yesterday off because of time constraints and was so happy to get back to the game this morning.

Happy Boxing Day!!!

leegray65@mac.com
Dec 26 2009, 10:41 AM
Since the new release I have not been able to use my Seeder. The seeder plants only one plot at a time and takes fuel away as it does it. Lost 205 points off my fuel this way before I discovered it was taking fuel away. Haven't seen a fix anywhere. Suggestions would be nice

Hannahlin
Dec 26 2009, 11:00 AM
wow was i moving fast today harvesting..! whatever you did its amazing...love the farm..good job all..looking forward to your creativity in the New Year!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :cool:

Farminomics
Dec 26 2009, 11:04 AM
I have the required RAM plus a fast connection and I still get timed out. I clear my cache every day too.

This problem never occurred until the first new upgrade. Now it's even worse than before. It's getting ridiculous!!!!

People at the market are complaining about it too, so it's just not me. Plots that say already done is very annoying when you go through them and find a few that haven't been done. It's a waste of our time checking to make sure we don't miss any crops.

The scythe is too big.

lulu836
Dec 26 2009, 11:44 AM
I lost server connection 5 times this morning HARVESTING MY OWN FARM!!!!!!
WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?????

LChambliss
Dec 26 2009, 12:12 PM
Yes, I have experienced problems with seeding. Yesterday, after I had completed all 4 of my fields, I received a message saying that I had run out of gas....but...when I refreshed to see where the seeder stopped...only 1/2 of the first field had been done. I tried to refill gas before the refresh, but was unable to until I had refreshed as well. Made seeding take as long as individually seeding each block and left me wondering why I had spent so many coins on my seeder that was fast as can be before the latest changes.:(

LChambliss
Dec 26 2009, 12:15 PM
I have the required RAM plus a fast connection and I still get timed out. I clear my cache every day too.

This problem never occurred until the first new upgrade. Now it's even worse than before. It's getting ridiculous!!!!

People at the market are complaining about it too, so it's just not me. Plots that say already done is very annoying when you go through them and find a few that haven't been done. It's a waste of our time checking to make sure we don't miss any crops.

The scythe is too big.

DITTO for me.

LChambliss
Dec 26 2009, 12:18 PM
I'm running into same problems. I do the job but takes 1 min to collect the coind then someone else starts working on top of what I finished then it starts to pop up as saying Already done then I dont collect coins from the job I just finished.
Any suggestions?

Yes, DITTO, and I am not ever sure if I have been paid for everything I DID get "credit" for as well.

TerriZ
Dec 26 2009, 12:45 PM
I am losing coins :( I harvest something, then someone comes behind me and harvests again, and it shows "already done". And sometimes I will click on a field and it will say already done and disappear. I am trying to work at a slower pace, but I am tired of the "already done" issue. I click save often, but it takes forever to save, so I end up sticking around longer on the farm.

Old Goat
Dec 26 2009, 01:05 PM
ooooohhhhhHHHHHHHHHHH Cest la vie...
when all my crops have turned brown
I still won't leave Farm Town,
C'est la Vie
Merry Christmas folks :)

sadie3r2
Dec 26 2009, 01:14 PM
I do NOT like the upgrades! I have done as you suggested, and uninstalled adobe, cleared the cashe, then reinstalled, and upgraded adobe...it did not help. When I go to a farm to harvest or plow, the areas look to me as though they need harvesting, and or plowing... I do my thing...harvest, or plow... behind me...WAY BEHIND ME, I observe, the coins and or points going up... then I see... 'no longer available' (or what ever the heck it says indicating that it was already gone before I clicked on it).

I have to wait through all of these individual fields before I can go to plow, or even back to my farm.

I timed the harvest on a recent farm...AFTER my avatar showed I was finished... It took 8 minutes for the points to catch up with me... I do not have dial-up... I have satellite.

SLOW...VERY SLOW...hate it!

Charo
Dec 26 2009, 01:33 PM
Again, the real problem is that the farm doesn't save and people are seeing different things. It is wrong that we cannot see when other people have done harvest or plowing work. This "fix" has made it worse for more people, and more people are now losing xp/coins than before thanks to interaction with other people.

While changing the speed/movement algorithm for harvesting is fine, the "already done" is a horrible solution, as well as the fuel situation.

TerriZ
Dec 26 2009, 01:45 PM
Well, I guess I'll just wait to do much playing until the developers figure out how to fix things. I am so disappointed with the way things have been going these last few days. I don't see any solutions mentioned that will help. Please send out an email to let us know when you fix it so I can come back.

Kenny67063
Dec 26 2009, 02:35 PM
Hello, I really enjoy Farm Town. I tried Farm Town and Farmville both but I liked Farm Town better because I could play and didn't get all the pop up suggestions that Farmville does. I can get by with most of the problems I have but the Mayor popping up every 30 seconds (over exaggerating) asking me to send gifts is getting bothersome. I send gifts as often as I can and he pops up despite the fact I can't send any more for that day. I have a lot of fun with Farm Town and I thank you for that. I also would like to get some of the nifty things you have to use Farm Cash for but I can't afford to buy stuff in a game. But I am sure you have heard it all over Farm Cash. Thank you very much for reading and have a great New Year. -Kenny

JonVDB
Dec 26 2009, 03:18 PM
FT seems to be working just fine now. I would like to see more levels?? ;) lol, I know, not again!

A limited ability to fire a worker might be useful? :eek:

A 3rd and/or 4th farm? :p

Luwanda
Dec 26 2009, 04:12 PM
I'm now having more problems than I've ever had. Have done all you recommended. Timing out, "already done", and an avatar that hardly moves! Plus I have scanned computer and still nothing helps! Tired of harvesting and plowing and getting nothing out of it. There is a bug somewhere!

Debdabuz
Dec 26 2009, 04:43 PM
ccalby

I am having the same problems. I click, click, click and when it comes to it, it says already done and someone else gets the coins. Same thing when I plow. I don't like doing all the clicking and someone else gets the coins. I think the fields need to be done as soon as you click on it. I also have been getting the server timed out message. I click save changes but it doesn't save. I still need to reload and then I loose my job. I don't like these changes. Please put it back.

LChambliss
Dec 26 2009, 04:59 PM
Hello, Thanks for all the help! I have been noticing that when I plow fields and place them in my queu, that others sometimes "plow over" them and it looks like they are still in my queu. When everything has been credited..these fields remain in my queu, and it looks as though I do not collect XPs or coins for the work.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=85690&l=f61e7dacfb&id=100000308547933

Thanks

Hi There,

We closed the other threads related to the latest release to make it easier to collect feedback.

A new version was released an hour ago, it is very similar to the way it was before, and at some times it will be even faster as the avatar is still teletransported when is working on close fields, this may have the effect of the avatar been closer to where the people are working most of the time, which may also contribute to have less collisions.

This version still contains many other improvements targeted to minimize the amount of XP / coins lost, we don't expect it to be as efective as with the latest version, but we still expect improvments on that area, so may be this is a good balance at the end.

Please provide feedback on the new experience.

Thanks

--Raul

IMPORTANT EDIT: It seems that the newest version of the program is working as it should for many players and they are experiencing the intended benefits. Others are reporting issues which should not be experienced with this newest release. Before posting in this thread, please do the following REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF ADOBE FLASH. Go to the adobe.com website and use their uninstall program to completely uninstall your flash player program. Then BEFORE REINSTALLING clear your browser cache and reboot your computer to get rid of any remnants of the program before going back to the adobe.com site and reinstalling the latest version of flash player for your computer.

shdytxmn
Dec 26 2009, 05:07 PM
Immediately noticed the menu across the top is now vertical"

* Send Gifts
* Play
* My Neighbours
* Invite
* Reviews
* Forum
* Help & Rules
* Account
* Earn Coins

Destiny2
Dec 26 2009, 05:12 PM
I love this game, BUT I can't see any point in playing when all I get is already done all the time, what is going on? can you make it so it shows that the harvest/plough is done already so we know where we stand when we go to some one's fram I've been stuck on level 42 for ages now, please fix this problem.
Thank you Destiny.

Ann Summers
Dec 26 2009, 06:24 PM
When i am hired to plow on a farm, it says all the time already plowed. How can i tell the difference when it shows that it needs to be plowed. We have no way to tell if someone has already did that plot. Please help. Its makes me not wanting to play farmtown anymore. I love this game Please me understand.

borntohunt_1
Dec 26 2009, 06:28 PM
could someone please help me i want to be able to plow and plant or delet my fields.. seems go noone can help me I have planted pineatpple to day was the day they go to waste please help me cant plow plant delete nothing

Rhoda123
Dec 26 2009, 06:31 PM
Try using the "Save" button. I use save and it collects everything I've done within a couple seconds then I can leave the farm I'm working for.

been there done that nothing works. Really wish Delvs would put things back. thanks

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 26 2009, 07:34 PM

* Send Gifts
* Play
* My Neighbours
* Invite
* Reviews
* Forum
* Help & Rules
* Account
* Earn Coins

No....mine is still horizontal :)

raynorcp
Dec 26 2009, 07:57 PM
I have done it all - uninstalled, cleared cache, rebooted, reinstalled - no joy. Server still times out. Too much "already done" and can't leave farm until all of them clear. Never had these problems before 22 release and subsequent correction (which obviously didn't fix these problems).

ellshere
Dec 26 2009, 07:58 PM

* Send Gifts
* Play
* My Neighbours
* Invite
* Reviews
* Forum
* Help & Rules
* Account
* Earn Coins

That is actually a Facebook Issue, I have had it happen several times. Logging out and back in usually helps. Although sometimes you have to do it a couple of times.

mary10114
Dec 26 2009, 08:50 PM
I am having the same issues as most of the people on this forum: "already done" messages, refueling problems, loading issues going to an employer's farm, invisability issues, chat issues, hiring problems, seeming to be in more than one place at the same time. Please note we went to adobe, did the uninstall, reboot, clear cache, and install recommendations..it has not worked ~in that order.

On my farm, my main issues are the refueling notices, and workers not being able to finish. I only hire at a maximum 2 workers, usually one one. The pointer is kinda annoying..

At the market place, some of these happened before the 12-22-09 release, but they have gotten a lot worse since then. I experience what I call the ghost town, one or two people in the market. But I see a lot of people talking in the chat box. Then wham, there are tons of people there. What is really wierd is that some of the conversations are carrying over from one market place to the next, this is after I have joined and entered another market place. I am having trouble hiring people. Either a lot of people are just hanging around in there or away from their computer or they are not getting the hire requests. I have had people take the job, only they did not send or I did not receive the confirmation note. This causes me to continue trying to hire other people. Sometimes I do not know they have worked on my farm until I have returned or I see the coin / exerience points change. The later does not happen all the time until I change rooms or return home.

I have dial up, so changing rooms has always been an issue with me, but it is diffently worse now.

When I get to anothers farm to work, the already done messages usually start between 5-30 clicks later. This is very frustrating. The lag between working on a field and getting credit is horrible! I also experience getting messages, hire requests from people still in the marketplace. I remember some of their names and they are no where in the room I am in. It now takes between 30 secs -5 mins for me to "enter room". I understand some of these problems are related to my dialup, but it was never ~ ever this bad! I am also getting disconnected more since the release, not just on another farmer's farm, but marketplace etc.

My recommendations: 1) if it aint broke don't fix it. 2) if it is broke, be sure you have a fix before you release it. 3) a limit to the number of hires ~ esp, if the dreaded already dones are going to be here to stay. 4) If a limit to workers is not made a 1st come 1st get credit for system as far as each indiviual plot is concerned~ not preference for crops. 5) A hire request is voided after a min of not being answered.

I forgot to tell you the server number and what social network. The server number was WF53 and social network is Facebook. Also, last night I was planting and I noticed a layered crop..first time that has happened in a long time, I tried to delete it, but it would not take. I refreshed and it was gone. I plowed for someone and as everyone knows, the worker is not suposed to be able to plow anything but a harvested field or gone to waste field, I plowed to fields out side of that...wacky.

It has been a while since I registred on Slashkey, I can't remember if I linked my farm. How can you find out if your account is linked to your farm?

Http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id1679182754 (I typed it out), name of my farm is Bullock Farms no trees (yeah I am a tree hugger!)

New server number is WF 56, sill having most of the same issues though. Another suggestion, list the last 5-10 jobs that you have been on. Sorta like the buddie or inbox, that way if you do get disconnected, you can send a message to the employer....

JeanLangford
Dec 26 2009, 09:01 PM
I was not happy with the earlier update, but the re-update is much, much better. I have to say that I have never had any problems collecting coin/xp. Guess I have been lucky in that respect judging from all the comments/complaints I read in the forum. Even now with the new update I get my coin/xp as soon as I harvest or plow a field -- even if it shows the field pending the action. Thanks developers for all the hard work you do to provide us with all our farming fun. BTW, how come carrots don't have an icon is storage/market place?

lazareth
Dec 26 2009, 09:19 PM
Ditto what Mary 10114 says. I am on dial up as well and I am aware my server is a bit slower than those with high speed internet.. But since the 12/22 change it taked me no less that 4-5 minutes to enter a farm when hired. Today it took over 20 mintes for me to enter my own farm. Still the same problems after uninstalling Adobe Flash Player, cleaning my cache, re-booting, reinstalling Flash and rebooting again. Any suggestions other than the ones listed above?

scrosses
Dec 26 2009, 09:28 PM
Whatever the problems were...they seem to be alright now. I just started playing this not too long ago so I really don't know what "used" to be.

It IS really nice though to come into inter-action with some really gentleman/women farmer's.

shirl the pearl
Dec 26 2009, 10:25 PM
I just love playing this farming game, whatever you do is fine by me
I appreciate all the trouble you go to to make hings better
Thanks for all your hard work
HAPPY NEW YEAR

neonscrc
Dec 26 2009, 10:30 PM
The Game was fun while it lasted 4 million in cash and level 37 and I'm out of here until this **** is fixed

MarieS
Dec 26 2009, 11:15 PM
page 38 and no chime in from dev? a status update? no message that they are working on it? I can't scroll through 38 pages - if I wanted to waste time I'd just go get a FT job and see Already Done flash across my screen over and over again!

kyliet
Dec 26 2009, 11:33 PM
i am plowing and then someone comes plows over mine and im not getting paid for this !!!!! it needs to be fix lots of people are complaining about the same... please fix this as i am getting sick of working then some hog comes along and takes the money from me

Tyler45
Dec 26 2009, 11:36 PM
page 38 and no chime in from dev? a status update? no message that they are working on it? I can't scroll through 38 pages - if I wanted to waste time I'd just go get a FT job and see Already Done flash across my screen over and over again!

the devs rarely make posts. they read the feedback from members and then work on the situation.

Charo
Dec 26 2009, 11:39 PM

Updates typically go on page 1 in the first post in the thread. They are listening, and they are good at that. This is an unusual situation, where the solution keeps making the problems worse for more people.

Lauraisme
Dec 27 2009, 12:20 AM
I am having the same issue. Quite frustrating especially when you are almost done and the hirer brings in another hiree who takes most of what you have done while waiting for coins/XP's.

Tachegoldie
Dec 27 2009, 12:42 AM
I think it's been since the new release I haven't seen anyone in the marketplace but myself. I haven't been able to hire myself out nor hire anyone. I work from two separate computers so it's not just a problem with the one computer. Anyone have any suggestions on what is wrong or what I can do? Tanx for any assistance, Sandy

squeak365
Dec 27 2009, 01:41 AM
I seem to get in my own way a lot now.

New to This
Dec 27 2009, 02:05 AM
I notice that few people give you kudos for all that you do for us. :confused:
Would just like to say that I like the newest version, actually, better than the one right before.
I am sure you know of the problems and are working to fix things -- you always do!!!!!!
Thanks again.
Hope you had a very Merry Christmas.
And that your New Year will hold less complaints from us and more kudos -- which you deserve. :):):)

khristen_ahn
Dec 27 2009, 03:09 AM
i dont really know if its because of the latest dev't in farm town however, i cant see any characters in farmtown more likely i cant hire anyone in the market as well i can chat with them but cant really see any1.. it happened to my 2 accts. i hope you can try to check if its one of the things that might cause it. i hope you can try to check it.thanks and more power with the game. i love farmtown.

Sapai
Dec 27 2009, 04:00 AM
i dont really know if its because of the latest dev't in farm town however, i cant see any characters in farmtown more likely i cant hire anyone in the market as well i can chat with them but cant really see any1.. it happened to my 2 accts. i hope you can try to check if its one of the things that might cause it. i hope you can try to check it.thanks and more power with the game. i love farmtown.

When this has happened to me, I close browser and run a file cleanup program called Ccleaner . It removes a certain type of Flash cookie file that regular cache clearing does not.

(Mods): If I am not supposed to offer technical advice, I apologize. Please delete post if appropriate. But also please consider offering this suggestion for those who can't find a fix for the invisible issue.

kawehi
Dec 27 2009, 04:05 AM
this is so frustrating, getting hired and working and only to find "Already Done". i cant play this game until they fix it, and i hope its soon.

Delinch
Dec 27 2009, 05:32 AM
At times when i go to the market when someone is talking there name don't show up just what they said. I also have also went to the market and nobody was there cept myself, or i go there and only a few people are there but i see names when others are talking and i don't see them in the market.
I have also been hired like 8 jobs in a row all i got is the "already done" message over and over for every thing i plowed or harvested. Im getting jipped out of money and exp. It would be wonderful if when you got hired and plowed or harvested that the money ups and exp ups was loads faster, so others couldn't steal what you already done.
Another thing when i go to the market and then go back to my farm there have been others that follow, BUT... they always head for the same 2 spots in my farm, but yet the chat window slides away as if nobody is there. So i started calling them ghost people or phantom players. lol
And the popup guy that keeps wanting you to give gifts gets annoying at times lol

I haven't had any problems with planting seeds or harvesting on my own farm, cept for my trees are to close together making it harder to get the trees to highlight so i can harvest them, but i can fix that myself. When ever i get around to doing it. :P

Other then that i love the game. I play some other farming games but i like Farm Town best, but i hope the issues and problems get worked out and fixed for the better for everyone. I say "Great Work" so far. ^_^

Redhedsmom
Dec 27 2009, 05:42 AM
Count me in too! This is so frustrating with all the already dones. I have lost literally thousands in xp over the last few days. This was a fun game, now it's like staring at a dead animal. If it can't be fixed, then farmers need to limited in the number of hires to no more than 2, and even then, that probably won't help because there are so many begger/hogs.

And for those farmers that like to play Lord of the Flies with their hirees, it's really quite boring and while you may get a kick out of it, some of us, just come here for fun! And fun it's not these days.

sharkiesmum
Dec 27 2009, 06:00 AM
I agree im fed up of clicking the plots only to be told ALREADY DONE as someone has stolen them from me. Im fedup off working for nothing :mad: Please sort this out as its becomeing a nightmare & quite frankly im getting bored. :( Also why not limit on how many a farmer can employ as there is some very greedy people on FT.

capricorn1
Dec 27 2009, 06:42 AM
But how many options do we need? It's like asking a bartender to give you precisely three ice cubes, your girlfriend wants seven, your friends each want one and your other guests each one- six, depending.......... it doesn't have to be that complicated.

It is not complicated; a good solution has been found; people use ice buckets and pick as many ice cubes as they want to put in their drinks.

Donut shops do not find such approaches complicated; if they did there would be only one flavor. Not good for business if they cannot offer variety.

So, just as you would prefer a smaller tool, it matters not all to me.
So we agree that it's just a matter of personal preference

Yes we agree that the size of the harvesting - seeding tools is a matter of personal preference; this preference is the result of what fits each person's viewing perceptions.

The flavor of the donuts a person buys has to fit that particular person's taste.

and not essential to playing the game.

No, you are jumping to conclusions regarding what is essential or not.
We do not agree on this one,
because the size of the tools is essential to playing the game in "the proper way" without obstructions.
The size that results in obstruction or is perceived as "wrong" is not the same among individuals.

Would you say that the flavor of the donut (pie, you name it) does not matter in how much you enjoy it?

In a world where people jump to conclusions regarding what is essential or not, regarding the usefulness, utility, desirability, level of pleasure - satisfaction derived by the products or services, no-one would ever manufacture ergonomic chairs or adjustable drivers seats.

In such a world, all PC monitors would be the same size - or there would be limited size options; likewise for TV sets.

Not everyone is sensitive to these issues, that is why professional designers are employed by manufacturing firms.

You can find books on the subject if you care to pursue it further. :):):)
"Human factors in Design" :cool:

Ostersonabike
Dec 27 2009, 07:20 AM
2 hours ago I seeded 200approx patches with grapes, now I return to my farm and 90% have reverted to ploughed patches, the 10% are at 45% maturity. I did have a worker harvest some pepper patches and watched them do it, they did not go to the grapes.

I implore the developers to communicate with the players, out here are some very keen, experienced and knowledgeable people, some might (not might, I know) have a solution to this ongoing problem of synchronising workers and farmers status of the farmers farm.

I have screen shots

Handdup
Dec 27 2009, 07:41 AM
hallo liebes farmtown team,
ich habe seit tagen massive probleme beim ernten und pflügen. entweder zählen die coin überhaupt nicht und ich arbeite völlig umsonst oder es dauert ewig bis alle coins auf meinem konto sind und ich kann nach ewiger warterei endlich die farm verlassen. nun ist meine frage... hab ich nur dieses problem oder auch die anderen farmer????
püber eine antort würde ich mich riesig freuen. lg Handdup

alysadeghi
Dec 27 2009, 07:46 AM
I love the speed of the harvesting and ploughing but am having trouble with the "already done" thing. I have absolutely no idea if a plot has been ploughed or not, the thing certainly looks like it needs doing, so I'm off ploughing like a mad woman, only to find when I'm finished that instead of collecting coins and points I'm surrounded by floating "already done" notices.......and boy, do they take an age to go through. I personally only hire 2 people for my big farm and one for my second smaller farm, which seems to work out ok. Many people tho. do not and it's absolute chaos out there lol. Any chance you could sort out the "already done" thing soon? Love the second farm addition and the new items - trees etc. by the way.

dixiegirl
Dec 27 2009, 10:07 AM
I have always played the game with no problems until the changes on Dec 22 so there are some things i never really paid attention to.
I am on server 25. I tended a neighbor farm... it is on 35, another on 21.
How does this work? Which server are we using when on those farms? Our own (25) or theirs (say 35, 21)? does that affest how we work?
Sorry I never paid any attention to this before but keep hearing that this is a server issue so how do you determine which server?

Patsy Anne
Dec 27 2009, 10:21 AM
IMPORTANT EDIT: It seems that the newest version of the program is working as it should for many players and they are experiencing the intended benefits. Others are reporting issues which should not be experienced with this newest release. Before posting in this thread, please do the following REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF ADOBE FLASH. Go to the adobe.com website and use their uninstall program to completely uninstall your flash player program. Then BEFORE REINSTALLING clear your browser cache and reboot your computer to get rid of any remnants of the program before going back to the adobe.com site and reinstalling the latest version of flash player for your computer.[/QUOTE]

Raul, I have done as suggested above. I am still getting work done, seemingly before others who appear (to me)to come along later, and then I lose it to them - just getting "already done" when the counter (not my avatar which is always well behind my cursor) "hits" those squares. This did not happen before your latest update, ie before, I could see what had been harvested/plowed in real time, and they could see my work. I dont even bother to stay now to work with others because I know half of my effort will be wasted :(
I just seem to be "out of synch" all the time and its so disappointing.
I also like to report, as others, chat room problems all as described and inc my words not being posted at all.
I know you will work hard to sort this out :) now Christmas is over.
Thank you

CyndiLu
Dec 27 2009, 11:49 AM
I am seeing the same out of synch thing and I don't think my computer or flash player has anything to do with it (but I do have the latest flash player and I do have update set to notify me only, I am not shutting it off as I run a lot of Adobe apps on my computer).

I can click on my whole farm to plow or harvest and it will look like only 20% or so is actually done, but then I hit refresh and it is actually all done.

I am back to not wanting to harvest/plow for others even though I need the XP because too many problems. I am not having problems on my own farm, but I do notice the refresh rate is way off.

raynorcp
Dec 27 2009, 12:02 PM
Problems still existing:
Timing out - horrible
Already done - driving me crazy (approx 50 plots) I have to wait

I have implemented every single change recommended. :)

christinapimental
Dec 27 2009, 12:17 PM
Its slow slow slow and frustrating! It's also sending weird messages like You need more money...when I'm trying to plow on another farm and it won't plow at all......what's that about??? Also some people still seem to be able to harvest and plow quickly whilst others like myself are getting the Wait I'm busy every time you move along.
Much more of this and it's good bye Farm Town; a great game ruined by constant messing about with it.

THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF!! Myspace FT which I cant even link to forums. is so slow. what the purpose if ppl can plow over fields you already done?? Why does our avatar move at a snails pace. I used to really love this game. Now it has gotten horrible. CHANGE IT BACK!

Sapai
Dec 27 2009, 12:30 PM
Whatever you do, PLEASE change it back to pay upon click. The current method is not only causing "Already Done" when working with others, but even working alone has become much more time consuming. You have to wait until the coins pay before the work is done (IOW the field is not harvested/plowed), and of course before you can leave. The pay upon click was the most beneficial improvement made while I have been playing. (I started right after the new levels were added - early November).

MungoTen
Dec 27 2009, 12:33 PM
I haven't seen any problems working on non-neighbors' farms since deinstalling and installing Flash earlier today.
This includes farms with multiple workers.

lawngnome25
Dec 27 2009, 12:51 PM
I appreciate the effort trying to please everyone. Unfortunately, I'm really not able to harvest for other people because it seems everyone is overhiring to compensate for the slowness (that's all I can think) and I keep plowing fields only to have them come up as "already done". I'm wasting my time.

Again, thanks for the effort. I'll just watch the forums to see if things go back to the previous version or if the issues are resolved. Until then I can't play.

Dreamangelmad
Dec 27 2009, 01:10 PM
Farm Town is now running like a dog. In my opinion, it's gone backwards with freezing up and super slow. It was bad last night BEFORE the Reverting to the "old way" and now it's worse. Avatar is way behind, and you can no longer get ahead of yourelf. Is this to slow down the server accepting the collection? I'm an a very unhappy farmer at this point.
It is Sunday 2 days after Christmas I am having troubles now I can not see anyone sending me notes to work on their fields and when i see fields they are already done the people say can you help fix this problem i cleaned my cookies i just got a new computer so help me not on my end i know. Other people are having this problem i talked to today. Madellyn Urso dreamangelmad@yahoo.com

Peggy Ly
Dec 27 2009, 01:50 PM
I have not been able to get on FarmTown in several days. I have checked all the updates but still can not get on. Any suggestions?

amber_padgett
Dec 27 2009, 02:05 PM
First off I absolutly LOVE this game and come on it several times a day. However I HATE the December 22 update. I get the timed out message sooooo much more, I can be hired to do a farm and be the only one in the farm harvesting or plowing and click away them moments later someone else will come in to join in the harvesting ans click on stuff I have already clicked on and get the credit for it and I dont. Seems very very unfair. Since this change I am not moving through the game like I usually do being that if there are several people harvesting or plowing I just dont bother cause I wont get coins or XP points because it will just tell me its already done.......big waste of time if you ask me. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE fix that.:mad:

Agent Scully
Dec 27 2009, 02:18 PM
I think the Devs have been on today :), the icon size like the seed bag etc is smaller which is much better and today i seem to be having less problems with timeouts, i did one big job and timed out twice but was able to click save and wait a few seconds then go again which is how it used to be, so far no browser crashing either.

Thanks very much :)

jeannieb
Dec 27 2009, 02:32 PM
I think they have made some changes it is much faster on the save portion for me as well.

jeannieb
Dec 27 2009, 02:35 PM
Yep, they are doing something our servers have been changed again, much better.

jeannieb
Dec 27 2009, 03:09 PM
Spoke to soon I guess cause just hired out and had all kinds of problems with WF2 FB user and everything is updated and cleaned out.

Agent Scully
Dec 27 2009, 03:19 PM
Working with others on the farm is still a bit of a problem for me too,, the already done message even though it was showing clear when i clicked on the crop/plow square.

I had been lucky to get solo work jobs today so didn't encounter these problems until now, still a big improvement from what i was getting though because even the solo work was giving me huge problems before.

What i think is happening is we click on the squares that are free to harvest or plow they are then queued but at some point a timeout has taken place and unlike when working on your own you click save then able to go on, i think when working with others you click save and before it has caught up other workers get in and clear the crop/plow then when our save works and it gets to those areas it shows already done despite us having it queued before the other farmer got there.

Hope that made sense lol.

scrosses
Dec 27 2009, 04:04 PM
LOLOLOL Humor always makes a situation add different perspective doesn't it? After all we REALLY do have have other lives..don't we?:)

lbanta
Dec 27 2009, 04:40 PM
I sure wish you would just return the program to the way it was before the update. I thought it worked great then. I don't like the oversized icons at all and I don't like working farms the way things have changed. I will hire help to do my farms but I will not work farms the way things are. Its just too slow and tedius!! :(

sissy jo
Dec 27 2009, 06:36 PM
The names of both my farms have disappeared for the past two days, my coins and $ do not show, I cannot harvest or hire anyone. Any ideas? I've rebooted and emptied cache.

n-angela
Dec 27 2009, 06:37 PM
What have happened to the dirtpaths? :confused:

I can't place them tightly together anymore = no more waterfalls or other fun things on my farm! When I try to do it the square around it turns red and the message Can only be placed on emty grass turns up. Never did that before :o
Scared to ***** to remove some of the layered things on my farm now... :eek:
I'm doing a HUGE remodelling of my 2. farm and really need the dirtpath to cover certain elements to make it work :rolleyes:

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 27 2009, 06:40 PM
What have happened to the dirtpaths? :confused:

I can't place them tightly together anymore = no more waterfalls or other fun things on my farm! When I try to do it the square around it turns red and the message Can only be placed on emty grass turns up. Never did that before :o
Scared to ***** to remove some of the layered things on my farm now... :eek:
I'm doing a HUGE remodelling of my 2. farm and really need the dirtpath to cover certain elements to make it work :rolleyes:

Make sure "remove spaces" is checked.

DovieGirl
Dec 27 2009, 06:41 PM

I also am having this issue. People plowing OVER my queued plowing spots. they get the coins and the points. I have a slower computer than alot and its really unfair to do all this work and get nothing out of it. Its very aggervating and makes me not want to play the game. I have also heard this from several other players on here. Is there ANYTHING that can be done so that once we queue a plot its ours and no one else can go over it ?????

Farmer Llew
Dec 27 2009, 07:14 PM
I think the Devs have been on today :), the icon size like the seed bag etc is smaller which is much better and today i seem to be having less problems with timeouts, i did one big job and timed out twice but was able to click save and wait a few seconds then go again which is how it used to be, so far no browser crashing either.

Thanks very much :)

I was excited to read this and decided to once again, try planting my farm with my seeder. Unfortunately I still have giant seed bags and my seeder is slower than it was before the Dec. 22 change. :(

mechelle61
Dec 27 2009, 07:19 PM
I am still having problems with both plowing and harvesting.Tonight I have visited three farms to work, and everytime I can not see where another worker has been , so I cant earn anything. I get the already done alert. It shows as either unharvested or unplowed. The last farm I was hired to work when I got there I was disconnected from server. Today I lost three farmers I had hired to harvest one field. We are having alot of problems with disconnect, and the plowing/harvesting. Is there no way to return game to where you could see if someone had already worked a plot. I am losing more because I spend time that earns me nothing. A least if I could see I would know not to even try.
I know you are working to try to satisfy everyone, and I do appreciate your efforts. Personally I could deal with losing a few points, since I didn't really count that closely, than to spend 15 min on a farm and find out It's already done.

annm54@wildblue.net
Dec 27 2009, 07:31 PM
I am sorry, but when I work in the workplace farms, My avatar is fast, but when I am thru harvesting or plowing it takes forever for me to finish saving/or count is still counting.:)

dixiegirl
Dec 27 2009, 08:14 PM
earlier today when i tried to play I was on server 25. Tonight I am on server 8. I can do nothing. I went to market and go hired. I clicked a plot to harvest... my avator didnt move for a minute then moved slow. I could not pan the screen at all. I tired to harvest and nothing happened. It wouldnt highlight. I clicked several and then it jumped to show some done. My little girl still didnt move and then it jumped to. I finally had to give up I felt like I was wasting the farmers time. He tried rehiring me but it didnt help. I clicked to go back to my farm and it took forever.
I love this game but am getting frustrated trying to play. Its supposed to be fun, and now its not.

luly1370
Dec 27 2009, 08:15 PM
im having big problem with this when i harvest is all time a mesege that says already done how i can fix this or can you plz fix this.

platinum
Dec 27 2009, 09:02 PM
Really having problems ...know you're changing things but can't stand going from block to wait to go to block then wait then block to wait then - absolutely can't plow in a work environment, and this is even on my farm!! ... Now I can't harvest on my farm!!? When will you stop making adjustments ... do we need to wait til New Years? CAN YOU MAKE ANOTHER ANOUNCEMENT AND JUST SHUT US DOWN A DAY AND DO THE WORK. Sorry to be a pain but like most I'm pretty hooked. Also WHY the reminder about giving gifts that seems to pop up every few seconds? How about once or twice after you get on the farm and then no more. How much ime can we stay on our farm?

happyfarmgal
Dec 27 2009, 09:05 PM

So, we've gone from not getting credit to people being able to take it away by plowing right over the top of us. I've worked three farms tonight (the first time in one month because I was so frustrated before), and darned if it didn't happen to me every single time! It can't be that hard to fix a problem without creating another one just as bad. People are "trying" to enjoy this game, but it's getting harder and harder to make it an enjoyable pastime.
I re-installed Flash just like suggested. What was the point? It changed nothing. This game was a little slow but PLAYABLE four months ago. Nobody gives a hoot about pigs in Santa hats.... use your programming time to FIX the game so people can enjoy it!

anita rose
Dec 27 2009, 09:17 PM
WF 2 facebook user. Same problem with lag time of servers. Unlike some I appreciate you trying to fix things. I had problems prior to Dec. 22, so these problems are no different than before. At least I know attempts are being made to help everyone. Have a great day.

anita rose
Dec 27 2009, 09:19 PM
FYI, level is 43, not 1 and I didn't become a farmer until Nov. of this year, not March.

Robin47
Dec 27 2009, 09:43 PM
This already done mess is getting on my nerves big time. I did a whole plot today, me and one other person...after finishing, waiting for my avatar to catch up I started getting this message. Almost half of the plots I did were "already done"....wth???

Dot55
Dec 27 2009, 09:45 PM
Help! Having many of the same problems as others. When hired goes fine until I get hired to plow, then takes forever to get the plow, once I get it I end up with already done over and over. If I go to market coins roll off me, but not like before it takes forever, can't go on another job. Please help, it's driving me nuts. I like working on the game more than my own farm, and it really stinks right now...

Barbara Dietz
Dec 27 2009, 10:31 PM
I really hate the way the avatar jumps around when I plow or harvest someone else's farm. And I can't plow or harvest plots when my avatar is in the way. I preferred having it lag behind. It gave me a chance to talk to the boss while I waited. It was a lot easier on my eyes and nerves as well. And if I was hired to plow before I was done, it seemed to give me credit for the work. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the flash player, but that didn't do much to help. Please return the program to the way it was before Dec. 22.

raynorcp
Dec 27 2009, 10:47 PM
Thank you developers for continuing to work on these problems. Appreciate the smaller icons for seeding and harvesting. Time outs are still a big problem as well as already done.
P.S. Have already completed all recommended uninstall, clear cache, reinstall, etc. without any change in problems. Facebook user.

felicitycoombs
Dec 27 2009, 11:07 PM
I'm already done. That is all i get told if i go to work on someone elses farm with multiple hires and it is just getting too hard to get work. I have had enough and wont be bothering with FT until the team fix this. I cannot believe this version got a release.

pmcolman
Dec 27 2009, 11:07 PM
Hi There,

We closed the other threads related to the latest release to make it easier to collect feedback.

A new version was released an hour ago, it is very similar to the way it was before, and at some times it will be even faster as the avatar is still teletransported when is working on close fields, this may have the effect of the avatar been closer to where the people are working most of the time, which may also contribute to have less collisions.

This version still contains many other improvements targeted to minimize the amount of XP / coins lost, we don't expect it to be as efective as with the latest version, but we still expect improvments on that area, so may be this is a good balance at the end.

Please provide feedback on the new experience.

Thanks

--Raul

IMPORTANT EDIT: It seems that the newest version of the program is working as it should for many players and they are experiencing the intended benefits. Others are reporting issues which should not be experienced with this newest release. Before posting in this thread, please do the following REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF ADOBE FLASH. Go to the adobe.com website and use their uninstall program to completely uninstall your flash player program. Then BEFORE REINSTALLING clear your browser cache and reboot your computer to get rid of any remnants of the program before going back to the adobe.com site and reinstalling the latest version of flash player for your computer.

I have followed the instructions for the latest Flash release.

I absolutely love the 22 Dec 09 release that has a hyper Avatar in harvesting and plowing!! I could care less about those cases where a farmer hires a million people, because when I wind up on one of those, I abruptly leave, as it ruins the personality of the game ... the social aspect that makes Shashkey superior to Zynga! :-)

Keep up the great work, and I think this game certainly qualifies to not be labeled "BETA" any more!

It is still the best FLASH-based game that I have seen to date!

Paul
President
FunStuff Software

Barbara Dietz
Dec 27 2009, 11:15 PM
I love the social aspect too, but that was lost with this fix. When my avatar lagged behind it gave me a chance to say thanks and perhaps have a conversation with the boss. That charm is gone and the hyper avatar is stressful.

I did the uninstall, reinstall once more, and it made things marginally better. But I hate the hyper avatar. At least things are the same on my farm. If that changes I will probably be done with this game.

dixiegirl
Dec 27 2009, 11:22 PM
Thank you, Thank you!!! I was able to get my farm town fix!!

I am now on server 8, earlier I had problems, but decided to try again.
Farm loaded good, went to market, saw workers, got hired....
I could harvest!! I could pan the screen... I could plow!
I was the only worker hired so dont know how it will do when more than one is hired. But I was able to work fairly well by myself.
I did still have a time our issue but was able to save and work through it. Still some lag issues but we are geting there!
Thank you for working so hard to get the problems fixed.

sjh_1982
Dec 27 2009, 11:44 PM
I haven't been able to load farm town since the dec. update, I had this problem with the nov. update and it took almost a month for me to be able to load farm town, now I haven't been able to farm since thanksgiving, any helpfully ideas? I have updated flash, cleared browser and everything nothing working?

Tissiana
Dec 28 2009, 01:47 AM
love farm town or should i say used to love it.it is driving me crazy the already done.you never know when you are working for nothing.and on top of that you have to wait forever to be able to move or do anything while the game is saving i guess.
the other issue that is making me not want to play anymore is the fact that you get hired to harvest when you are done and get hired to plow, the tool takes forever to show up .by the time it comes it is all done.or if it doesn't seem like it is and you go at it only to find out that it was already done...but now you get to wait for your slow avatar before doing anything!!
Please guys! i don't want to quit!
Happy New Year and thanks!:(

Mark Deere
Dec 28 2009, 02:17 AM
I have to say I have been very patient with all of the changes, because this game is a beta version. I have played this game for 7 months or so and have seen many excellent changes and additions. The latest change is the biggest flop ever!!! I am very sick of seeing the "already done" messages and I hardly make any coins or xp on a job. What was wrong with the old way of working and the crops being gone or the fields being plowed as soon as they went into any player's queue??? This change sucks!!!!!!!!!

molineux
Dec 28 2009, 03:15 AM
I, too am really fed up.

For over a week it has taken me about ten attempts of logging in and out, refreshing and going back and forth from my farm to the market place to get seen.
I have cleared my cache and changed my language.

I don't know what is happening behind the scenes, but it needs to happen quickly as I am losing patience.

Mommyto2
Dec 28 2009, 03:44 AM
When i get hired for a job i click on the squares that either need to be harvested or plowed. My avatar goes very fast but my coins or xp do not. When I do a job and it involves other people when they go over what i do and my coins or xp catch up it says already done. Please fix this problem. it is getting to be quiet annoying.

ali67
Dec 28 2009, 06:04 AM
i totally agree go back to the old way !!!!!

JHG57
Dec 28 2009, 08:08 AM
Between the "Already Done" messages, the Harvester that can be seen from space and your Avatar jumping right in the middle of what you are trying to see, You can't get anything done. The coins and points never seem to add up like they should. That said, we have PLENTY of seasonal "stuff" we can buy ...

April306
Dec 28 2009, 08:29 AM
Thank you for the update..............I really like it and it seems faster but there is the problem that there seems to be harvest/plow and I do it to find a message saying already done. Is it possible that you can sort this out as it very annoying.

moandrieu
Dec 28 2009, 09:08 AM

I'm more frustrated with the changes for the exact reason that ccalby stated. I harvest like mad, seeing other avatars working on the same farm, it appears that I'm the only one in an area and when it comes to loading my points, I get the same message that it's already been done. If it's been done, then why did it allow me to harvest as well and take up my time. Not to mention having to sit around and wait to find out. I'm currently in India and don't have the fasted connection all the time, but there should be a way to stop this from happening. Isn't there?

Sunlynn025
Dec 28 2009, 09:15 AM
when I logged on to farmtown, I noticed that the left side of my screen was missing, I can't use chat and I can barely see the bottom of the screen. it was fine last night. WHAT DID THEY DO.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Dec 28 2009, 10:11 AM
I'm more frustrated with the changes for the exact reason that ccalby stated. I harvest like mad, seeing other avatars working on the same farm, it appears that I'm the only one in an area and when it comes to loading my points, I get the same message that it's already been done. If it's been done, then why did it allow me to harvest as well and take up my time. Not to mention having to sit around and wait to find out. I'm currently in India and don't have the fasted connection all the time, but there should be a way to stop this from happening. Isn't there?

i noticed what is happening. i go on my husbands account to hire my person to work threw ei and firefox one day i finished up on my end and went to return to his to hire myself to plow while i was done on my end everything clicked and waiting for my avatar on his screen everything was still there un harvested untill my dude got to it. so even tho we did the work others see it as there and if there guy/gal gets there first they get it no matter who clicked it first really annoying but the second i see allready dont i leave no need to waste time there

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 28 2009, 10:46 AM
when I logged on to farmtown, I noticed that the left side of my screen was missing, I can't use chat and I can barely see the bottom of the screen. it was fine last night. WHAT DID THEY DO.

Right click and select "show all".

dryred
Dec 28 2009, 12:13 PM
Very much dislike the hyper avatar - always in the way. The 'Already Done' is wrong and is putting so many people off playing this game. Finding plots that you have plowed/harvested being redone by someone else (and thenthey get the XP and coins) is SO annoying- especially if you have waited for some time for the counters to register.
Please will you 'unfix' the Dec22 update asap.
Maybe less items like festive pigs and dogs(!) and piles of gifts (only worth 18 coins when sold). More items like fences and walls etc that fit the square format/spaces without leaving gaps that have to be filled by sacks or hay bales would be brilliant.
And I now have a plot on my farm that that shows a 'queing' 0% that does not clear. I cannot delete it, nor bulldoze it - it is still there despite several reboots. It is not layered - or not intentionally so.
Hope these things can be sorted.
Please.
Dryred

n-angela
Dec 28 2009, 12:23 PM
Make sure "remove spaces" is checked.

First thing I did, lol!! Today it's working just fine..... And, I haven't changed a thing...:rolleyes:

If it works, don't fix it!! :D

pmcolman
Dec 28 2009, 12:39 PM
Very much dislike the hyper avatar - always in the way.
Dryred

:(
I like the speed at which the XP and coins accumulate, but I have to agree that the hyper avatar is both disconcerting (when you are trying to concentrate on the square that you are harvesting or plowing), and indeed is always in the way.

:o
That said, my original suggestion was to: completely disable the "Avatar walk", and simply mark the plot with its "harvested" or "plowed" symbol at the same moment that the XP and/or coins are changed.

:):)
A correlary suggestion, which I don't recall if I mentioned before, is to not have to be hired twice to plow just to get rid of the plow square symbol, which is yet another annoyance to fast plowing action.

The point here is to minimize graphical distractions (the Avatar walk and the plowing symbol) as much as possible.

This will start an immediate thread of "then how do I know that *I* got the plot as opposed to another farmer" ... so to preclude that discussion, I offer the following suggestion:

Instead of every plot that is harvested or plowed appearing in shades of light to dark brown, change the color shading FOR THOSE PLOTS THAT *I* HAVE HARVESTED OR PLOWED so they are shades of a different color, such as blues or greens ... they will clearly stand out against other harvesters and plowers and also show instantly what *I* have won versus what someone else has won.

:):)
I think this combination of suggestions will not only make speed harvesting and plowing easier, but will also give both users and developers a better feel for who is getting credit for what, particularly in a user-forwarded screen shot.

Best regards,
Paul

junkinsk1
Dec 28 2009, 12:42 PM
I'm having the same problem. Just hired to a farm to complete a plow job. Almost all of it said "already done". Don't want to wait around for nothing but don't want to leave and lose xp.

Singing Larrry ♫♪♫♪
Dec 28 2009, 12:44 PM
Thank you for the best game on the internet! I love this game and play it most every day. I uninstalled and rebooted my computer and reinstalled flashplayer though I didn't have any problems. Seems to work better and faster.
I've been playing this game since february of 2009.
Have a great new year.

kutchigal
Dec 28 2009, 01:16 PM
hi i dont like the new upgrade when i harvest or plow fine no problem if i am harvesting plowing by myslef but when others are hired as well they over harvest me and plow me. i lose my coins when harvesting and xp when plowing. because it says already done

scotslassy
Dec 28 2009, 01:23 PM
This new update is a complete pain.All i get is already done when i get hired or if im lucky enough to get hired on my own it takes an absolute age to get off the farm again waiting for the coins to scroll up.Its taking longer to leave than to do the work,so were not saving any time at all,in fact the whole process is taking far longer than ever.I love farmtown but must admit since the update have spent more time on the other farm game(not mentioning any names) than here as they have by far fewer glitches and issues than here and much better items to buy and send as gifts.Although i prefer farmtown i really hate this new change,it worked fine before so please restore it.

lulu836
Dec 28 2009, 02:04 PM
tHE ONLY RESPONSE i SEE TO OUR PROBLEMS AND COMPLAINTS IS THAT THE SEED BAGS AND SCYTHE ARE SMALLER. SO "DEVELOPERS" IS THAT THE ONLY THING THAT GOING TO BE REPAIRED?

uvafan42074
Dec 28 2009, 03:22 PM
:(
completely disable the "Avatar walk", and simply mark the plot with its "harvested" or "plowed" symbol at the same moment that the XP and/or coins are changed.

Best regards,
Paul

Having the Harvesting and plowing work like it does when you use the bulldozer to delete fields would be the best way. The avatar never moves and you can delete VERY fast without having to wait on the avatar when done...

patternmaker
Dec 28 2009, 06:19 PM
ugh..........I followed your directions to the "T". I uninstalled Flash, emptied my cache, re-booted my computer, re-installed Flash, and the problems are STILL THERE. I just harvested a farm, all the "gray bars" came up like I was getting credit, then poof, it all stops and someone else's avator goes right over the stuff I harvested and I get NO POINTS. I find myself "pecking" all over to see if I get coins, or already done, which I know is aggravating to other workers.
I am getting to the point where I hate playing. I never know if I'm "really" harvesting or if it's already done, and I'm wasting my time.

******************PLEASE FIX IT!!!******************

Shelly M
Dec 28 2009, 06:19 PM

I have the same problem also, even though I can tell that I did click on it before the other farmer. I've plowed and harvested in one section, while the other farmer was doing a section across the map, and they came over and clicked on the same fields I already did (but the queues were still there), and it gave it to them instead of me, in the case of plowing, I could see it change when they plowed over top of where I plowed.

Destiny2
Dec 28 2009, 06:40 PM
Please can you put it back as it was, as least we can see what has been harvest and was has not, if I get one more today (already done) I will going mad.
Fix this problem now.
Thank you.

donna lear
Dec 28 2009, 06:54 PM
Yip. Timed out 4 times in 5 minutes tonight. THAT is what needs fixed.

after that diaster was fixed game does fine as to how many can work on a farm that should be up to the farmer and farmer onley i onley hire 1 or 2 at most and yes i get on farms with 10 people but that is my free choice to leave or stay the beggers some dont know that there rude and some are just rude but again thats there choice as far aass some plowing faster than others ive been both u know life isnt fair suck it up if we were all even it would be boring well i love my farm town again please dont (fix it)again that was awfull

patdale
Dec 28 2009, 06:56 PM
I used to love FT. I just worked on a farm where I was harvesting with one other farmer. We worked our little hearts out....then as the plots were clearingthat I "thought" I had harvested...it noted "Already done". Very disappointing. I check my coins and was only credited with 16 plots. Then....I was the only one hired to plow. As I finished plowing, the very last plots that I plowed began to revert one at a time to harvested plots and said "already done". Now that I'm at level 60 I will probably just quit playing. I enjoyed the game and the ability to chat with others, but the frustration is just not worth it. And to add insult to injury, my post is on my husbands email address and he is a level 1 (didn't take him long to get frustrated)

Sapai
Dec 28 2009, 07:21 PM
tHE ONLY RESPONSE i SEE TO OUR PROBLEMS AND COMPLAINTS IS THAT THE SEED BAGS AND SCYTHE ARE SMALLER. SO "DEVELOPERS" IS THAT THE ONLY THING THAT GOING TO BE REPAIRED?

I don't think so! I just worked for a neighbor and GOT PAID ON CLICKS! What a difference. Try it!

I hope this is true. I can get back to working my arse off and make some money!

If this is true, to the developers, KISSES, KUDOS, BRAVO and take a bow!

Edit to add: I will try this out at a hire farm tonight to verify.

raynorcp
Dec 28 2009, 07:22 PM
Time outs are doing me in!!

Sapai
Dec 28 2009, 08:41 PM
I don't think so! I just worked for a neighbor and GOT PAID ON CLICKS! What a difference. Try it!

I hope this is true. I can get back to working my arse off and make some money!

If this is true, to the developers, KISSES, KUDOS, BRAVO and take a bow!

Edit to add: I will try this out at a hire farm tonight to verify.

I spoke too soon. "Already Done" still an issue. :cry: :(

babybumblebee
Dec 28 2009, 08:44 PM
I've been fine with all of the updates and personally preferred the way most people seemed to hate. The way it is now is fine with me (I'll play no matter which way they do it), but I did notice the collisions seems to be worse than they were before. I was harvesting with someone and we were both trying to stay away from each other, but it seemed harder to see where the other person was - their avatar is jumping around in one place but they're already clicking in another place. Oh well... Another thing is that I hired someone to harvest ( I always hire one to harvest and one to plow) and I noticed he DID NOT get coins for about half of his harvest. None of the fields were clearing even though he was obviously moving around - I refreshed several times and the plower couldn't finish the job because the fields were showing as unharvested. I tried IM-ing him and sending him a message to tell him, but he didn't notice or just didn't want or care to respond...so he left my farm with only half the coins he would have expected and I hired someone else to do the job all over. Not sure why that happened, but the lost coins thing is still occurring.

mountainmolly
Dec 28 2009, 08:51 PM
I have been told that using the Save icon helps....I click Save and maybe 5 minutes later it finishes. I usually leave the game and do dishes,vacuum, etc after I click Go Home since that takes so long. Are we going to get the 12/22 version back? Please.!!!!!!

Charo
Dec 28 2009, 08:56 PM
Again, the real problem is with slow saving and farmers seeing different things on their screens - the SERVER LAG. The slow saving is the logical problem that cannot be addressed by the changes to the way we harvest. We did not need code for "already done" before, because we knew it when we saw that another plot was harvested or plowed! Now, we don't know when something has already been done, and "already done" is a horrible solution that confirms that we have been wasting our time.

Get rid of the server lag and get rid of "already done." You won't need "already done" if you get rid of the server lag!

mary10114
Dec 28 2009, 09:09 PM
I have been trying to log into my farm for about 30 minutes now. The first time I tried, the loading got stuck on 16%, it keep retrying to load. I went back to my facebook homepage and the cleared internet files (Tools, Internet Options, Browsing History), then tried to logg back in to Farmtown. The loading got stuck again on about 16%. I then tried to just refresh the page. I believe that it finally went through that time, but when I got to my farm I could only see my Mango trees (all of them), apple trees (2 of them), my fences, but not my gates, one or two flowers, grass and very little else. I tried my 2nd farm, nothing but green grass that I can remember. I just bought the 2nd farm today along with a seeder & plower for it...can't remember if they were there or not. I went to the market, got stuck there, nothing but green screen. I then hit the Send Gift tab to get out of that screen. Clicked the play tab, had trouble loading again, I still could not see anything other than what I mentioned before on my screen. I went to my husbands farm (neighbor), and it was the same story there as was on my farm.

I just did all the recommendations on 12-27, because I was having trouble since the 12-22 release. Please see other posts. I have fields that will be ready in about 30 minutes (382 plots). I will say that harvesting for others today was a tiny bit better, although I only had one job that I had to share with someone else.

Please Help!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1679182754

Loreid
Dec 28 2009, 09:10 PM
I am really new to this forum, so please bear with me if I am posting in the wrong place. I love Farmtown, I like being able to talk to other farmers from far away and trying to keep ahead of my daughter. However .... since the new "improvements" have been made, I have not been able to hire anyone to plow my fields. When I try, it says I must be an "acclaimed farmer" which is level 28 .... I am presently at level 45. Please help.

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 28 2009, 09:22 PM
I am really new to this forum, so please bear with me if I am posting in the wrong place. I love Farmtown, I like being able to talk to other farmers from far away and trying to keep ahead of my daughter. However .... since the new "improvements" have been made, I have not been able to hire anyone to plow my fields. When I try, it says I must be an "acclaimed farmer" which is level 28 .... I am presently at level 45. Please help.

Hiring to plow has nothing to do with levels, it's how many neighbors. You need 10 neighbors to hire to plow.

clgrykw
Dec 28 2009, 10:11 PM
Everytime i go and try to use the option to plow or to plant with the 4 squares. i can not. it turns out that the four squares take up almost 9 squares in size and i am having to do them one at a time.. is this a known issue and if so, what do i do to fix it?

i have not done anything on my farms as that is alot to do one at a time

please let me know

kari

Kymsl
Dec 28 2009, 10:44 PM
Hi this is the first time i m posting here. I hv a problem but cud not find any solution here.

1) I hv followed yr instruction by uninstalling & reinstalling flash player.

2) I m hving the same problem like ccalby (posting Dec 23) n still no change after the reinstalling of flash player. Having more collisions more than ever n worse part is that i always lost coz my loading of coins n xp are waaay too slow.

3) Another frequent problem of mine is i tend to hv the whole market place of players with me when i got hired to work in other ppl farms. See top right hand corner of image

4) What is more baffling is that it seemed i m still in the market place n i can still be hired by other players. See image. Somebody hired me while i was still working in another farm.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8609/farmtown1.th.jpg (http://img191.imageshack.us/i/farmtown1.jpg/)

5) My mainframe is W32

Hope the you can help me solve this problem asap. Thank you in advance and Happy New Year.

Kym

felicitycoombs
Dec 28 2009, 11:08 PM

The Save button does not stop the Already done problem!! It worked on the previous version but not the latest version.

TrinityOaks
Dec 28 2009, 11:41 PM
WOW!! I don't know what y'all did, but I have NEVER harvested or plowed so fast as long as I've been playing this game! And INSTANT coins/points! I'm LOVING it!!!

GrannyJo Hastie
Dec 28 2009, 11:56 PM
And I'm still having the same problems. It can sometimes take up to 30 minutes for the coins/XP points to come in and some farmers who hire you wonder why you're going so slow. Are others still having this problem?

The Spicy Pickle
Dec 29 2009, 12:11 AM
I think it's funny that this 'fix' on 12/22 was supposed to alleviate the complaints from people who felt they were getting ripped off on hire jobs in coins and xp and now....and I have read tons of feedback...it seems that the big complaint is that people are missing out on coins and xp.....

Just can't win....

:D

The Spicy Pickle
Dec 29 2009, 12:13 AM
And I'm still having the same problems. It can sometimes take up to 30 minutes for the coins/XP points to come in and some farmers who hire you wonder why you're going so slow. Are others still having this problem?

Yes. Big time. I sat on a dude's farm for so long yesterday I'm surprised he didn't ask what I was up to....

Hope the devs are working on a really good fix ....and soon! :D

Chris Crow
Dec 29 2009, 12:35 AM
I am having trouble with hiring help in the market. It takes a long time for the requests to come through and sometimes they just go to my farm with out confirmation. Any suggests???

Thanks
cab

SunnyD
Dec 29 2009, 01:32 AM
Have you gone to Adobe Flash and used their uninstaller and tried to uninstall that and reinstall it? then clear your cache , reboot pc . see if that will help..... I did that and wow what a diff since the updates........
I'm also from Georgia mary...

I have been trying to log into my farm for about 30 minutes now. The first time I tried, the loading got stuck on 16%, it keep retrying to load. I went back to my facebook homepage and the cleared internet files (Tools, Internet Options, Browsing History), then tried to logg back in to Farmtown. The loading got stuck again on about 16%. I then tried to just refresh the page. I believe that it finally went through that time, but when I got to my farm I could only see my Mango trees (all of them), apple trees (2 of them), my fences, but not my gates, one or two flowers, grass and very little else. I tried my 2nd farm, nothing but green grass that I can remember. I just bought the 2nd farm today along with a seeder & plower for it...can't remember if they were there or not. I went to the market, got stuck there, nothing but green screen. I then hit the Send Gift tab to get out of that screen. Clicked the play tab, had trouble loading again, I still could not see anything other than what I mentioned before on my screen. I went to my husbands farm (neighbor), and it was the same story there as was on my farm.

I just did all the recommendations on 12-27, because I was having trouble since the 12-22 release. Please see other posts. I have fields that will be ready in about 30 minutes (382 plots). I will say that harvesting for others today was a tiny bit better, although I only had one job that I had to share with someone else.

Please Help!

Kisa3
Dec 29 2009, 03:00 AM
Just wanted to say that i am glad with the latest one

i hope you can solve the other new problems.

and maybe it helps if people for the time being do not hire 6 workers at the same time for 80 plots ?
Cannot believe it goes that much faster...

thanks for the work
good luck with solving the new issues, i hope you do !

Kisa
level 51
;)

JHG57
Dec 29 2009, 08:23 AM
When real currency was introduced, the game company now has a Legal and Moral obligation. Plowing is now a nightmare, your avatar won't stay out of the way, nor will the harvester that is visible from space. Tools that we paid huge coin amounts for do not work right anymore (plowers and seeders). You can seed an entire farm and learn 15 minutes later that you ran out of fuel 500 plots back. Your avatar jumps around like a Meth head. The list goes on ... worked pretty well before December 22nd. Maybe they should consider rolling it back until they get the bugs worked out of the version they are trying to implement.

snulbug
Dec 29 2009, 08:49 AM
You can seed an entire farm and learn 15 minutes later that you ran out of fuel 500 plots back.
This is quite annoying. Previously the planter stopped working when the fuel ran out. Now you can plant until the cows come home and then you get the out of fuel message on every plot and you have to wait until each one sends the message. A major screwup.

BirdSalad
Dec 29 2009, 09:17 AM
On Monday morning, 9 am EST (approximately) I finally tried getting hired from the market. I worked alone on a farm, and my avatar zoomed like an energizer bunny, but the coins did not keep up. It took about 15 minutes after the fields looked harvested for the coins to catch up and the screen to flip from harvesting to plowing. I was the only worker on the farm. I could watch the coin notification move around the screen in the same pattern that I harvested in.

Plowing time was unknown. I clicked very rapidly, the fields cleared about half as fast as I could click, but the points were bumping up very slowly in comparison. Again, I was the only worker.

I left my house before my points caught up, so I have no idea how long it took. If I had been trying to find another job, I would have been very disappointed. Between harvesting and plowing, on a level 40 farm about half filled with fields, the entire process took about two hours, mostly with the owner and me chatting (she was very polite and didn't mind hanging with me while we waited for my slow processing speeds.)

Immediately before I went to the marketplace, I uninstalled flash, cleared my cache, restarted my computer, and installed flash again.

I have had this problem since the first November release. I did not notice which server I was on, sorry. The fast speed of the avatar doesn't do much to help me, and I will wait another month before trying to harvest from the market again. I love this game, but most of the pleasure has gone out of it since I can't compete with other workers who don't have these horrid delays. I hope you can figure out what's causing it - I know you are working hard to solve the problem!

jerrnelson
Dec 29 2009, 10:14 AM
I am on FaceBook, server WF25. I am level 59 1/2, I have 2 farms, I have also paid for Farm Cash because I enjoy playing this game. I have the latest version of Flash, keep my cache cleaned, etc.
Since the changes I have seen many posts about the frustrations, normally I would not complain, however there is such a list..I can not keep quiet.
1. My Avatar is constantly in the way! I dont feel the game is faster because I have to keep going back to the square it was standing on. At least let me click a little bit ahead of the avatar so it wont be in my way.
2. Fields will be done and you wont know until you try to work it. Before you could see right away if it was harvested/plowed, now you can't tell until you try to work it. It worked fine before, why did you change this?
3. When I have workers they are standing still wanting to now plow, my screen still shows crop all over the place. I will hire them (and figure I will harvest what they missed) but once I hire them to plow, all the crops now show harvested. The delay is crazy, and never a problem before. Why did you change this or was this an accident?
4. Planting I will run out of fuel and wont know until I think I am done. Then it tells me I ran out of fuel (120 plots before). Before you knew right away if you ran out of fuel because it would simply stop planting. Why did you change this?
5. The "Gift Dude" who constantly shows up to see if I want to send gifts is a bit annoying. There are many opportunities to send gifts, I dont understand why anyone felt they needed to add this.
6. The new Seed Bags are huge. It is so big it gets in the way if you are trying to plant a pattern for you crops.
I really enjoy the game and will keep playing it, and will continue to buy Farm Cash because I don't feel you charge that much for it. I really hope you will go back to the drawing board and re-think some of the changes you did on 12-22, or maybe roll out fewer at a time. You rolled out so many this time, it is just crazy and very frustrating.

Sapai
Dec 29 2009, 10:41 AM
The 'Already Done' is killing me! Is there any chance the developers might weigh in on this? Give us some hope that we might be productive Farm Town citizens again someday?

Prada
Dec 29 2009, 10:53 AM
It's just a statement of truth. No one is forcing anyone to put up with the game's foibles. Instead of popping an aneurysm for something that is free, they have a choice. Look, I don't like the changes but I'm not going around and calling anyone an idiot for it.

It is way rude of the mods to say " leave if you're not happy" . this is Beta they have asked us to test it and we are and by the way it's not that free ok. we spend big money some buy cash money to buy stuff .
I have played other Beta games and never was it this bad with glitches .
so please if you're not complaining well then just browse somewhere else.
I have so many problems listed above and below that it's very frustrating and annoying .
Why do you bother reading here if evreything is hunky dorey at your end.?:p

madshrinker
Dec 29 2009, 11:53 AM
I am still having problems deleting harvested fields on my layered crops. When I click to plow I get the message that they are already done. This started on December 22nd and I have tried to work on my farm on 3 computers with no luck. Please help.
Here is a link to my farm, http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1832952430

Thank you for the help.

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 29 2009, 12:01 PM
It is way rude of the mods to say " leave if you're not happy" . this is Beta they have asked us to test it and we are and by the way it's not that free ok. we spend big money some buy cash money to buy stuff .
I have played other Beta games and never was it this bad with glitches .
so please if you're not complaining well then just browse somewhere else.
I have so many problems listed above and below that it's very frustrating and annoying .
Why do you bother reading here if evreything is hunky dorey at your end.?:p

Charo is not a mod, just a fellow forum user. You know if a person is a mod if they have a green name (such as myself).

capricorn1
Dec 29 2009, 12:05 PM
I really enjoy the game and will keep playing it,

I really hope you will go back to the drawing board and re-think some of the changes you did on 12-22,

I've had enough "Already done" :):):)

Haven't you had enough complaints about it? ;););)

jan.steyn@pugroup.co.za
Dec 29 2009, 12:22 PM
We just love this game but are wasting valuable time when working on a farm and all you get is "Already done"!!

You can not see where another person has plowed or harvested until you get the "already done" message.

There is no pleasure in playing this game anymore if time is wasted like this

Regards

Jan & Sarah

Farmer Llew
Dec 29 2009, 12:22 PM
I just hired someone to harvest and their avatar was hopping all over the place (thanks to the new change) yet my crops were still there. A few suggestions/requests:

1. change harvesting and plowing back to the way it was several months ago. It was faster, you could stand in one place and qued fields weren't getting backed up and taken over by other farmers. Don't reintroduce qued fields until everyone's servers are in sync and functioning in real time.

2. Get rid of the giant seed bags. They are annoying. We know what we're planting - we don't need a giant bag as bigger than the avatar bopping around in the way.

3. Reset the seeder/harvester so that you can't que ahead if you don't have enough fuel. I planted my farm and came back later to a half-planted farm, because unbeknownst to me - I ran out of fuel. :mad:

Billie Largy
Dec 29 2009, 12:25 PM
Hi, I get the "Already Done" msg. a lot too! No way to see that a field is already done:(

jansteyn
Dec 29 2009, 12:45 PM
BAD BAD BAD this "ALREADY DONE" nonsence

anita rose
Dec 29 2009, 12:46 PM
still on WF2, takes forever to plant my own farms. Can't hire out at all anymore... way too slow with lag time.

mary10114
Dec 29 2009, 12:47 PM
I went to to adobe this past weekend and did all the recommendations in the order they were given. Afterwards I was still having problems related to the 12-22 release. Last night I started having problems with the loading into farm town, see post 475 in this thread. Today I have tried off and on since 10:00 a.m. to log into Farmtown, I can't even get the "loading .... x%" now. All it shows is a green screen. I was not having problems with the green screen appearing before. Before you ask, yes I have constantly cleared my cache.

I got desparate last night and said they heck with it and took the app off of my Facebook page. I was thinking that maybe if I "added" the app that it might set something straight or that it might give me a new code or something and the all of the glitches might be rectified. After I "added" the app, I was taken to the load page, it took an hour and five minutes to load my farm. I saw that the crops were back and most of everything else, gates still didn't load. I was able to get to the market place and hire someone to harvest and plow. I did notice that after she harvested the harvested fields became invisable to me. However while she was plowing, I saw the plowed fields appear. I then got off and didn't try to go back until this morning at 10:00. Now it is starting with the green screen.

I felt worried about possibly loosing everything I have worked on for almost 9 months, but dangit I was ticked!

laurafmcc
Dec 29 2009, 12:54 PM
I guess nobody really cares whether or not I play, but here are my two cents. For what they are worth:
I do not get XP points when I plow or harvest at a friend's farm. So, what is the point?
I do not get XP points when I hire to plow or harvest at my farm. So, what is the point?
The avatar is so slow, why can't I just block her in the center of the farm and do my thing?
I know that makes it sound like Farmville, but at least it would not get left behind or in the way!
Hope some hears me on this and responds.

mary10114
Dec 29 2009, 01:01 PM
Ok, just wondering here, please don't bite my head off..lol

But how many times do we have to go to adobe, uninstall, reboot, clear cache, reinstall, before it takes and or do we have to to it for each glitch that happens within a space of days. I mean I went on 12-27, now I am getting suggestions to do it again. I clear my cache regulary. After a point, it seems like is it is not the users fault or their computer. I appreciate everyones replies to my problems and concerns! Tks : )

Robin47
Dec 29 2009, 01:27 PM
I've noticed I have moved from WF41 to WF23. Is this random? Or have I moved servers for good?

The Spicy Pickle
Dec 29 2009, 01:29 PM
Update on my experiences and adventures while harvesting/plowing on a hire.

Today I did a few jobs and noticed that it did not matter what server I or the other farmer were on.

I did notice this as far as how my player acted and responded .....first I click....then the plot highlights and I get the status bar.....then my coins and/or xp show up as collected and this is reflected in my totals up in the top left corner.....then my avatar comes over and clears the way.

Ok this is good...yes! Very much like it was before the 22nd fix.

Now when I get on with other users....I am almost ALWAYS the slow poke of the bunch....for whatever reason.

Ok that is not so good and NOT like before the 22nd fix. Before the fix I was in the running and had just as much chance as anyone else at getting plots.

When I am on by myself the system slows waaaaaaaaaay down after about 20 plots are selected....and goes to a turtle pace. Doesn't matter what server anyone is on....and I did solo jobs on more than one farm/server today and it just didn't matter. Harvesting goes way faster coin-wise (avatar doesn't matter it's just the pretty aspect of it. As far as I know when my coins and xp are collected that means that plot is done) but when I plow....slooooooowwwwww....so seriously slow on the collecting coins/xp and really my avatar but so what on her she's just for show. The game is really dead when I plow.

When I am on in groups or in a pair I have noticed that me and the other people cannot see each other's work. And tho I would like to think not....it very clearly does appear that some people cheat. I am a pretty fast and accurate clicker and some of those people where literally plowing over me and in really good form too. So it's just a situation I try to stay away from because like I said earlier I am always the slow poke in those situations.

So bottom line....for me at least....its the lag time....the speed in which things are happening. And it doesn't matter when I'm on or if I'm alone or with other people....at some point the game just gets really really slow.

Tonight when I get off work I'm going to do the uninstall/reinstall of adobe again and I'm also going to go into my local files on my comp and delete all temps and cookies as well as run Spybot S and D just for fun. I might also possibly defrag my drive....just for S and G also. Oh and something I just realized....perhaps if I set my FLASHBLOCK settings to allow FB and/or FT that might improve my speed also.

Tho! Considering others are having similar issues and it does not matter what kind of comp a person has....it seems to me lag time is really the issue...

I really enjoy this game and I have always had fun....before the 22nd and I try as I might to work with it and not complain too much and try my best to understand. If me doign any of this can help the devs or any of you in any way....well then that's what I'll do.

Thanks to the devs....the moderators etc....and all of you....for communicating, sharing, helping and just for playing FT!

Peace out

Patsy Anne
Dec 29 2009, 01:53 PM
I would absolutely like to echo "The Spicy Pickle" and say that I too regularly clean my cache (even installed ccleaner to do so) ; have updated Adobe at least three times; cleaned up disc; defragged etc (in fact my pc must be so clean now it squeaks!) and I am STILL getting all the problems described above and way way back. :(
I, and clearly others, are not playing in the same time frame as every player and even on my own (having talked to the farmer who was watching me) I can see my avatar cant keep up with my clicking and when it all looks done to me in actual fact the farmer sees me way behind where I see coins/xp floating up.
Its been some days now since the 22nd update and I am really hopeful things will get better soon :)

lanesnana
Dec 29 2009, 01:57 PM
The thing I'm most upset about is how LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGG (long) it takes me to get to a farm to do work. By the time I get there almost if not everything is already done by someone else. Then when it does act like I'm doing somethingm just clicking along then all of a sudden it starts popping up Already Done!!! then I'm stuck even if I go to the market for another job I have to just stand there and every time I try to move around it shows I'm still busy,where I should well be done. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks for a great game but I would like it back to the old way or fix it so it will get back the speed.

Annoranna
Dec 29 2009, 01:57 PM
When I try to move to another area on my farm by using the curser or the star directional I never get to where I expected. My farm jumps to another section. I might have to move to a certain area 10 or 12 times in order to harvest or plow.

OhComeNow
Dec 29 2009, 03:38 PM
Since the latest update, everything works beautifully for me; however reading through these posts tells me that's not the case with many people. I've experimented playing FT on a number of different computers and browsers. On Compaq with Internet Explorer, I was completely unable to play the game -- the lag time was ridiculous. On several different Dells with IE, it frequently freezes. On a new iMac with Safari, the screen kept flickering every time I harvested or plowed, and each square had to be clicked 2-3 times before succeeding.

In all cases the latest version of Adobe Flash was used and cache was cleared.

The best combination: new iMac with Firefox on high speed DSL.

It would be nice if the devs would either post the minimum computer/browser configuration required to play the game successfully (perhaps they have done this somewhere and I don't know it) or create a game that works regardless of the user's operating environment.

Llama Akers
Dec 29 2009, 04:54 PM
I agree with the post above.... I'm ready to quit Farmtown and I'm level 60, I'm sick of standing around waiting til the avatar is finished only to find "already done" Sorry but everytime you change something you screw it up worse!!! Can't even get the go home to work until the stupid thing is through telling you already done.... I'm too old for this ****!!!!!

Ostersonabike
Dec 29 2009, 05:46 PM

Raul, I have done as suggested above. I am still getting work done, seemingly before others who appear (to me)to come along later, and then I lose it to them - just getting "already done" when the counter (not my avatar which is always well behind my cursor) "hits" those squares. This did not happen before your latest update, ie before, I could see what had been harvested/plowed in real time, and they could see my work. I dont even bother to stay now to work with others because I know half of my effort will be wasted :(
I just seem to be "out of synch" all the time and its so disappointing.
I also like to report, as others, chat room problems all as described and inc my words not being posted at all.
I know you will work hard to sort this out :) now Christmas is over.
Thank you[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is official or not, NO silly me of course it isnt official skashkey communication, THEY HAVE NO TO THE PLAYERS. I thank you for the effort, as I have already said, if they bothered to contact those willing to help, then we would not be typing into this forum, the answers are out here in the player world, many of us have the skills and the knowledge of the problems. I teach this stuff at University level, slashkey needs to drop the Bill Gates method of system testing and put some real effort into their work, something they will take pride from, stop floundering around and using us as your testers.