PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 22nd, 2009 - UPDATE 2

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Sapai
Dec 29 2009, 06:06 PM
Ok, just wondering here, please don't bite my head off..lol

But how many times do we have to go to adobe, uninstall, reboot, clear cache, reinstall, before it takes and or do we have to to it for each glitch that happens within a space of days. I mean I went on 12-27, now I am getting suggestions to do it again. I clear my cache regulary. After a point, it seems like is it is not the users fault or their computer. I appreciate everyones replies to my problems and concerns! Tks : )

Clearing my cache with Ccleaner resolves many of the smaller game glitches. The "Already Done" issue is code side and not Adobe or browser.

Patsy Anne
Dec 29 2009, 06:14 PM
Hi Ostersonabike
The IMPORTANT EDIT Quote came from Page 1 of this thread and was (if I read it correctly) a post by Raul edited by Wild; Dec 24 2009 at 12:19 PM.
I quoted it because it seems to be the only suggestion thus far from the devs and is not working for a lot of peeps, inc me, as demonstrated by previous postings where they have done as suggested and it has not made a jot of difference.
Can a developer not just give us a hint that someone somewhere is listening? Please?

Barbara Fry
Dec 29 2009, 07:16 PM
My farmer went crazy..picked my heart out only to see no oins, then it showed already done...not to mention my mansion disappeared!!!!:mad:

tsmom
Dec 29 2009, 08:11 PM
when i am hired to harvest or plow, after i have worked so hard and completed my task, i find out that the plots are 'already done'. this is becoming a huge issue for me as i feel i am just wasting my time. i am making little money doing it and no xp's. anyone know what im talking about?

jeannieb
Dec 29 2009, 09:07 PM
Same here and it is such a waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phyllis.niese
Dec 29 2009, 09:22 PM
Since the new update, I am constantly getting booted off even after I just get on. Hope this gets fixed soon. Also still having problems getting into a mp. Get there and no one is visible. When I hire, no one gets the request. Very difficult to hire someone to harvest for my farms.

Agent Scully
Dec 29 2009, 09:29 PM
I am not getting as many problems i as was getting when the 22nd fix first came into action which is great and i am thankful for that,,,,,,,, but the already done and the slowness is still a problem at times for me too.

What i have noticed is that others get the plots after you have done them is when you have timed out and not realized, if the Devs can fix the timing out issue i really believe the already done issue will no longer be.

Charo
Dec 29 2009, 09:35 PM
I am not getting as many problems i as was getting when the 22nd fix first came into action which is great and i am thankful for that,,,,,,,, but the already done and the slowness is still a problem at times for me too.

What i have noticed is that others get the plots after you have done them is when you have timed out and not realized, if the Devs can fix the timing out issue i really believe the already done issue will no longer be.

Exactly what I've been saying for days now... the real problem is SERVER LAG. Get rid of the server lag and we do not need the bloat in the code for "already done." If the lag wasn't there, we would all see the same thing on our screens and we could go back to seeing the plot disappear as harvested/plowed when put in the queue, and not arrive to find that someone else cleaned up behind us and took our points.

raindrops300
Dec 29 2009, 09:45 PM
When working on other fields, my avatar walks very slowly. After the first fix of the change, she was tele-transporting. Now she barely moves even tho I am harvesting/plowing ahead. What is up with that? Other farmers avatars seem to stay with their work.
I did the adobe flash player uninstall/install thing.

DISPATCHBABE
Dec 29 2009, 10:08 PM
Ok I do like the avatar being faster but this "already done" stuff sucks because when I have harvested or plowed a square and there is another avatar across the farm so I know they didnt get to it before me my coins/points are adding and when the other avatar get to where I have done and clicks over it it gives them the coins/points instead of me. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE SOMETHING THAT WORKED FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF PPL LOOSE A FEW COINS/POINTS ITS STILL BETTER THAN THIS CRAPPY WAY. I won't even work on other farms now so the game has gone back to being less fun AGAIN. Just put it all back the way it was so it's fun again PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. i worked hard to get to level 60 and love this game but if this keeps up I don't even want to play anymore.

And please ppl don't give me s* about "then just leave" because I am not the only one who feels this way as you can clearly see from all the posts.

DISPATCHBABE
Dec 29 2009, 10:16 PM
Raul, I have done as suggested above. I am still getting work done, seemingly before others who appear (to me)to come along later, and then I lose it to them - just getting "already done" when the counter (not my avatar which is always well behind my cursor) "hits" those squares. This did not happen before your latest update, ie before, I could see what had been harvested/plowed in real time, and they could see my work. I dont even bother to stay now to work with others because I know half of my effort will be wasted :(
I just seem to be "out of synch" all the time and its so disappointing.
I also like to report, as others, chat room problems all as described and inc my words not being posted at all.
I know you will work hard to sort this out :) now Christmas is over.
Thank you

Not sure if this is official or not, NO silly me of course it isnt official skashkey communication, THEY HAVE NO TO THE PLAYERS. I thank you for the effort, as I have already said, if they bothered to contact those willing to help, then we would not be typing into this forum, the answers are out here in the player world, many of us have the skills and the knowledge of the problems. I teach this stuff at University level, slashkey needs to drop the Bill Gates method of system testing and put some real effort into their work, something they will take pride from, stop floundering around and using us as your testers.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope the devs listen to you and get help because you are right. Don't know why they "upgrade" to a "downgrade" they just really screwed up this game and I think they need outside help from someone like you. Doubt if they will listen though!!!!!!!!!!

belford1
Dec 29 2009, 10:24 PM
Fairly new to posting at the forum but I have played for quite a while.
I have to say I prefer the rollback to the upgrade... but I cant stand this already done ****.!!

Why cant we have the plowing done in real time so we can see what is or isnt done while we are working. If this doesnt change soon im sorry to say I will probably dump the game which is a pity.

Its no longer the fun game it used to be

drwhit73
Dec 29 2009, 11:16 PM
In regards to the "already done", I have been getting this too but even before the update was done I still had the same type of problem. When harvesting/plowing with others, I would click a bunch of squares, only to find that after a little bit, a large number of the squares weren't giving me money or points even though I had clicked a bunch of them. What I realized is that I wasn't getting credit for them because someone may have clicked them after me, but because of server lag, they got the credit for those squares first and I got nothing. The only difference now is the "already done" message makes it more obvious to people that they aren't getting the coins or points. This server lag seems to be worse now since the update. I can harvest someone's farm but the points/coins will keep adding for nearly 3 or 4 minutes after I am done, and the person for whom I am working does not see the field as done until I have collected all my coins/points.

shelleyl
Dec 29 2009, 11:18 PM
As I said, I like the new upgrade and have had a chance to try the new upgrade just about 30 mins ago.
Yes the harvesting and plowing goes fast, but the adding of exp/coins is after getting really slow...20+ mins for a farm depending on size eventhough i finished the job in 5 mins. I got to hang around for 15mins or more just to wait for the exp/coins to add.
And if im on a farm with more than one person harvesting most of the plots show ALREADY DONE. And I have to hang around just to see every plot tell me its already done for another 15- 20 mins. With the old version it NEVER took this long for the coins/exp to add up. The amount of times im getting booted since the upgrades is well...many many times. I havent been booted in ages. Please roll it back and limit the hire to 1 for harvesting and plowing as you suggested earlier.
Thanks for trying to make this game more enjoyable for us all....It just didnt work with this upgrade.
I rarely had problems with the last version, and it has never been so slow in adding exp/coins.

Try using your save button.

shelleyl
Dec 29 2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the fix!!! Mine works wonderfully! Just a suggestion to those having problems....I switched my browser to Firefox some time ago and clean by browser and flash player caches daily and I don't get much in the way of glitches on any app. I also use my save button regularly during harvesting and plowing. After all, the save button is there for a purpose, right? No Problems here, everything work great!

shelleyl
Dec 29 2009, 11:24 PM
In regards to the "already done", I have been getting this too but even before the update was done I still had the same type of problem. When harvesting/plowing with others, I would click a bunch of squares, only to find that after a little bit, a large number of the squares weren't giving me money or points even though I had clicked a bunch of them. What I realized is that I wasn't getting credit for them because someone may have clicked them after me, but because of server lag, they got the credit for those squares first and I got nothing. The only difference now is the "already done" message makes it more obvious to people that they aren't getting the coins or points. This server lag seems to be worse now since the update. I can harvest someone's farm but the points/coins will keep adding for nearly 3 or 4 minutes after I am done, and the person for whom I am working does not see the field as done until I have collected all my coins/points.

Use the SAVE button!

farmer girly
Dec 29 2009, 11:43 PM
Im getting the same prob where there is more then 1 person harvesting or plowing time my av get there it say's already done can you put it back to the old way please As I said, I like the new upgrade and have had a chance to try the new upgrade just about 30 mins ago.
Yes the harvesting and plowing goes fast, but the adding of exp/coins is after getting really slow...20+ mins for a farm depending on size eventhough i finished the job in 5 mins. I got to hang around for 15mins or more just to wait for the exp/coins to add.
And if im on a farm with more than one person harvesting most of the plots show ALREADY DONE. And I have to hang around just to see every plot tell me its already done for another 15- 20 mins. With the old version it NEVER took this long for the coins/exp to add up. The amount of times im getting booted since the upgrades is well...many many times. I havent been booted in ages. Please roll it back and limit the hire to 1 for harvesting and plowing as you suggested earlier.
Thanks for trying to make this game more enjoyable for us all....It just didnt work with this upgrade.
I rarely had problems with the last version, and it has never been so slow in adding exp/coins.

lvhuskies
Dec 29 2009, 11:46 PM
My first post-Raul, GREAT game. But why change it when it was working fine 2 versions ago? I've NEVER lost coins/xp until tonight. I've been offline since the dec 23rd update.
Prior to dec 22, i could click my fields, and then leave, even though my avatar was still chugging along. Then, when I got to whereever, the Market, or my farm, I'd get a little message above my avatar with like "+ 455 coins" or "+ 155 XP". It would just sum up what I'd earned at the job I was on.
Now, after testing it tonight, I find that I have to STAY at the farm until my xp/coins stop increasing. IF I leave early, as I used to, I LOOSE them.
I did the upgrade as you suggested. Please tell me what else, besides wasting time waiting at a farm, I should do.
Thank you!
lvhuskies

farmer girly
Dec 29 2009, 11:48 PM
I agree the game is'nt so much fun now cos when u harvest or plow time ur av gets there it say's already done and other ppl get the coins instead of me pleaseeeeeee put it back to the old way thank you

beviam
Dec 30 2009, 12:01 AM
I agree, the "Already Done" is very frustrating. You do a whole harvest. then get nothing for you effort.
I too, have done the upgrades that you suggested. I am still getting the messages.
I am still getting "Server Timed Out". I find it interesting that I can play on farmville, country life, sorority life and never get "Timed Out" .
They are all on Facebook. Why does just this game time us out ?

SPOTSROCK
Dec 30 2009, 12:22 AM
still a problem...

thanks for making the harvest tool a wee bit smaller... easier on the eyes...

now for the time out issue ...

face book user..

lcswdonna
Dec 30 2009, 12:42 AM
i just harvested and plowed an entire farm around the timed out message, what a trip, never did this diagonally before. But the points all added up and as long as I ignored the timed out message and did not click on it, I was fine. Fortunately the farmer who hired me put up with the weirdness. I left 6 or 7 farms prior to this last hire as every space I either clicked on was run over and my points taken, or was an immediate "already done." So out of a 2 hour marketplace try, I ended up with one weird diagonal harvest and plow. I don't imagine I will hit another level for awhile unless I start buying stuff and immediately deleting it as I have no more room for stuff. Keep trying guys, please don't give up.

Margo24
Dec 30 2009, 12:50 AM
Just finished a harvesting job - as has been happening for awhile, I got very few coins even though I harvested over 1/3 of the farm and am a quick and tidy harvester. Most came through with the dreaded 'already done' word. I'm so frustrated. I only hire one person now to harvest and plow so they do get the coins. Lucky them.

belford1
Dec 30 2009, 01:03 AM
I already use the save button regularly but it makes no difference.
the lag is also unbearable - and I have done all suggestions - still no good

cmoore388
Dec 30 2009, 07:12 AM
"ALREADY DONE" what a jip... get a harvest job do almost half to find this out,, this has to go... how is this supposed to help us,, need to make the job SHOW that its ALREADY DONE,, who was the Einstein behind this idea..

cmoore388
Dec 30 2009, 07:14 AM
Just finished a harvesting job - as has been happening for awhile, I got very few coins even though I harvested over 1/3 of the farm and am a quick and tidy harvester. Most came through with the dreaded 'already done' word. I'm so frustrated. I only hire one person now to harvest and plow so they do get the coins. Lucky them.

Thats very nice of you,, I leave jobs so much now if there are alot of people on there.. not worth it..:mad:

capricorn1
Dec 30 2009, 08:25 AM

slashkey needs to drop the Bill Gates method of system testing and put some real effort into their work, something they will take pride from, stop floundering around ...

It is very interesting to watch days go by
and Slashkey not rolling back the software to the Dec-21 version.

The Dec-22 release and all patches to it are FUBAR.

FUBAR
Fouled (or F***ed) Up Beyond All Repair (or Reality )

JHG57
Dec 30 2009, 08:41 AM
I don't think Slashkey is listening or they don't care ... Looks like someone from the company would post and tell us something.

Farmer Llew
Dec 30 2009, 09:07 AM
I give up. Please get rid of the giant seed bags. I already know what I'm planting... I don't need a giant seed bag in the way. It made planting with my seeder a nightmare. Between this, having to watch my avatar hop around like she's on crack when harvesting, having to replant because I've ran out of fuel (without any notification), not receiving pts/coins, etc... I've decided to spend my time elsewhere. This used to be a great game. Now it just gives me a headache.

alysadeghi
Dec 30 2009, 10:19 AM
Well, apart from the Already Done problem and that I now get under my own feet when harvesting and ploughing, my seeder has gone wonky as well. I can seed the whole blummin farm and then find out that I ran out of fuel something like halfway through, so I have to go back and do it again manually, one field at a time, tripping over myself the whole way through I might add. Come on guys, don't you test this stuff before you unleash it on us poor farmers? Please fix this soon.......don't make me go over to Farmville !! lol

jeannieb
Dec 30 2009, 10:43 AM
Maybe the only way they can fix it is to go back to what so many complained of in a few short hours and they don't want that onslaught from the folks.

lulu836
Dec 30 2009, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=jeannieb;2961654]Maybe the only way they can fix it is to go back to what so many complained of in a few short hours and they don't want that onslaught from the folks.[/QUOTE

Things may be getting better. I've done lots of jobs this morning and only disconnected once which is a record of late. I can harvest at my normal rate. I have to watch the plowing though as the server will time out in a New York minute.

I think I'm beginning to understand the Already Done thing. We whined A LOT about missing coin and Xp so with the Already Done we are able to see exactly where we wasted our time doing something someone else has already done. Therefore no more whining about being cheated. It serves as an explanation as to why we didn't get the coin or xp for plowing.

abnerdolittle
Dec 30 2009, 01:41 PM
Today I spent about 5 min. harvesting and 30 min. waiting for the coins to collect. didn't get many all I got was the message "already done" and I could see the other person going over where I had been. I really don't want to complain because I enjoy the game so much. But before Though My avatar was way behind me at least I got credit for what I had done.

PattiLou
Dec 30 2009, 02:05 PM
I am tired of that happening to me as well... Also I am very aggitated at having to wait FOREVER for all the coins and XP points to add up long after I am through with a job.... PLease put it back the way it was before all the NEW CHANGES that took place not too long ago....Thanks.. for helping making Farm Town fun to play....

drwhit73
Dec 30 2009, 02:28 PM
Use the SAVE button!

I do use the SAVE button!

scotslassy
Dec 30 2009, 02:36 PM
i am so sick of being hired,wasting my time harvesting only to find i got very little for my efforts cos of the already done sign that scrolls up,its a total waste of anyones time and effort.How come farmville has so many more interactive things and animated things yet still have 95% less problems than farmtown.They dont keep telling you to waste even more time by un installing and re installing flash ect or emptying cache ect and yet no problems over there at all,only down side is no chat and no hiring others to harvest / plough but i supposed i can live without chat if im going to get around farming and not waste time.

lpbopeep
Dec 30 2009, 03:27 PM
Anyone experiencing this? Now that I have a 2nd farm I keep having farmer-harvesters disappear while they work. Difficult to hire for plowing when I can't see them. Never had the problem before; would appreciate advice beyond "refresh".

lulu836
Dec 30 2009, 03:54 PM
i JUST WITNESSED THE "THEFT" THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

I went to a farm to plow. I chose to go to the far upper left corner of a fairly large farm to start plowing. I plowed about 100 plots and waited to see what would happen. I got no credit for them at all. My avatar was so slow that by the tme it got there even though the squares were barred where I had done them, someone else had replowed my plowed squares and got full credit for them. When the avatar finally got there the Already Done went off on every last one of them.

I've been trying to be upbeat about all of these problems all day today but now I'm just plain p&ssed off.

Some posters think the problems are "fun" and look forward to them. Some have threatened to leave which I'm sure nobody that has anything to do with developing FT cares a twit about. Personally I don't like it AT ALL!!

Why, why, why will the developers and programmers not make the points collect and come from the avatar like before?? That way we at least get what we worked for. There are times when I get so angry I just start scatter plowing hoping to aggravate enough players so that they will complain. That way I get a PM from somebody and I can really vent my feelings directly.

Shelly M
Dec 30 2009, 03:57 PM

For this reason, I think it's better not to get too far ahead of your avatar. I'm having the same problem and I hope it can be fixed soon, but until then, I refuse to get that far ahead of my avatar. Maybe this is a temporary fix at least...

Sapai
Dec 30 2009, 04:03 PM
It appears from the past couple of jobs I've done that the coins are being paid on the hash mark and not when the avatar gets to the square. It still takes a little time for them to roll out. Too soon to say definitively. If true, that is going to be a big improvement, and should at least cut down on the "Already Done" thefts.

I am having people disappear while harvesting on second farm also. I cleared Firefox twice and ended up using IE to go back and hire them to plow.

@ capricorn - if they implement a pay to play system, I am due a couple months free play due to the cash I've invested in Farm Cash. I've already paid.

d25sh
Dec 30 2009, 04:11 PM
When i am on a farm either harvesting or plowing, there are fields to be done and when i have done them and collect my points it says they have already been done but it is not showing up on my computer. This is really annoying and time wasting. It has been happening for the last 5 - 6 days. Im thinking of quitting farmtown. Anyone else have this problem and if so have they resolved it

Dot55
Dec 30 2009, 04:12 PM
After clearing my cache, deleting and reloading flash, still no better.
Will someone please address this, or come up with the solution!

tdw2
Dec 30 2009, 04:14 PM
This simply isn't good enough yet guys, while I appreciate what you're trying to do, I just wasted an enormous amount of time re-plowing a field someone else had plowed, because the system isn't updating our image fast enough following a change of circumstance (i.e. a plot being plowed).

tdw2
Dec 30 2009, 04:16 PM
Guys, perhaps you should limit the number of hires to 2 per job, while you sort this out. I personally limit the number working my fields to 2, but many farmers don't seem to realise the problems of hiring too many players at once, how it affects everyone's bandwitdh, and the consequences of already plowed/harvested fields still showing as "ready to......"
Cheers, Terry

daa1ca
Dec 30 2009, 04:39 PM
When i am on a farm either harvesting or plowing, there are fields to be done and when i have done them and collect my points it says they have already been done but it is not showing up on my computer. This is really annoying and time wasting. It has been happening for the last 5 - 6 days. Im thinking of quitting farmtown. Anyone else have this problem and if so have they resolved it
I am having the same problem, I have lost so much xp points and are at the point of thinking this is a waste of time. cna't get solo jobs because people think you are greedy and don't believe you when you try to explain whats happening. I sure hope some thing isd done soon.

cindy1
Dec 30 2009, 04:49 PM
Ok just a little input here ... i harvested for a friend today and the coins and xp's flew .. the server counted them as fast as i was harvesting. However last night on another farm i plowed a big field in about 5 minutes but the owner of the farm and i waited thirty minutes for the server to count each plot before it was done. So it wasn't my computer or me but the server. :)

p.s i was the only one plowing ....

first farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1259006055

second farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=100000172627997

patternmaker
Dec 30 2009, 04:49 PM
aaaagggggghhhhhhh...happened again. harvested a field, got the "gray bar" like I was working only to find out it had already been done. What a waste of time. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared the cache etc etc..All this has happened since the "new update". I have no control over how many people get hired. In this case, it appeared as if I were the first one. I have now started playing farmVILLE too. At least there, I know Im working on a farm that hasn't already been worked. PLEASE FIX THIS!!! I DON'T WANT TO STOP PLAYING

tdw2
Dec 30 2009, 04:54 PM
Hi guys, here is a transcript from a farm i just harvested
Sara: can you see crops
Terry: no sara, all the crops are done
Terry: have you refreshed?
Sara: I still see at least 2/3 of the crops
Terry: the game is really playing up
Sara: i refreshed twice
Terry: this is crazy because I see clear fields
Sara: can you plow
Terry: yes I can
Terry: i'd love to plow
Sara: i dont think the hire worked
Sara: do you have the plow tool
Terry: nope, it seems to be stuck on a previous hire, it just says "loading farm"
Sara: be right back
Terry: no, there's no plow tool yet, still a harvest tool
Terry: ok

Harvesting is not working properly, plowing is not working properly.
Cheers, Terry

midmoonwolf
Dec 30 2009, 05:06 PM
I agree, I have found that the avator is moving really fast but the coins/xp take forever to add up... The other thing that is really frustrating is that some players leave b4 the farm is completely done, i have been told that they refreshed as it was taking too long or everywhere they have plowed says "Already done".. As for myself (when being hired) I prefer the older version as at least u can see where the plowing/harvesting has been done.
Thanku for your time & trouble but can we please have the old version back

Agent Scully
Dec 30 2009, 05:07 PM
Hi guys, here is a transcript from a farm i just harvested
Sara: can you see crops
Terry: no sara, all the crops are done
Terry: have you refreshed?
Sara: I still see at least 2/3 of the crops
Terry: the game is really playing up
Sara: i refreshed twice
Terry: this is crazy because I see clear fields
Sara: can you plow
Terry: yes I can
Terry: i'd love to plow
Sara: i dont think the hire worked
Sara: do you have the plow tool
Terry: nope, it seems to be stuck on a previous hire, it just says "loading farm"
Sara: be right back
Terry: no, there's no plow tool yet, still a harvest tool
Terry: ok

Harvesting is not working properly, plowing is not working properly.
Cheers, Terry

That is what happens when you get timed out,,,, it will not add up coins/XP or when you are hired by the same farmer to plow it will not take you to the job until it has caught up and sometimes it does not catch up so you have to leave the job altogether, even when the farmer tries to re-hire you to get you moving again it does not work you are stuck in timeout-land.

If the time out issue will be fixed then most the other problems will be fixed along with it, i am getting more timing outs again too sometimes as soon as i arrive at the farm before i have even had chance to start the job.

raindrops300
Dec 30 2009, 05:12 PM
I am having trouble hiring people as well as my avatar moving very slowly. When I hire they do not go to my farm at the same time I do. They may show up 3-5 minutes later. Sometimes they freeze up when they do arrive. I can't tell what is going on.

tapelt
Dec 30 2009, 05:43 PM
Guys, perhaps you should limit the number of hires to 2 per job, while you sort this out. I personally limit the number working my fields to 2, but many farmers don't seem to realise the problems of hiring too many players at once, how it affects everyone's bandwitdh, and the consequences of already plowed/harvested fields still showing as "ready to......"
Cheers, Terry

I agree totally. I just finished three jobs in a row where I got little or nothing because of this "already done" ****. In each case there was at least a half dozen people working at the same time. I tried to work areas where no one was working, but even when there were dozens of unharvested plots (at least as far as I could tell) between me and the nearest worker I was getting "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done" again and again. OK, I go over to this corner of the farm, nope, it's "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done" I'll try another section it's "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done".

I think that FT needs to restrict hiring in the MP to 2 harvesters and 2 plowers. If you want to hire all your neighbors at once, fine. But don't do this in the MP. It is very unfair to us, because we have no idea of how many people you are hiring until we get there and it is simply impossible to avoid "already done" garbage when there are too many workers. It just simply dosen't matter how untouched an area of the farm looks or how remote it is from anyone else. You get "already done" "already done" "already done" for all your efforts.

When hiring for a large field I hire 2 harvesters with 2 plowers behind them. When hiring for a small field I hire 1 harvester and 1 plower. This is what we need to do until this problem is fixed, and until then I would like FT to make an absolute cap on hiring in the MP to 2 harvesters and 2 plowers. This would be a quick and easy way to allieviate the misery until a real solution is found.

Molly Mew
Dec 30 2009, 06:56 PM
Since the latest update, everything works beautifully for me; however reading through these posts tells me that's not the case with many people. I've experimented playing FT on a number of different computers and browsers. On Compaq with Internet Explorer, I was completely unable to play the game -- the lag time was ridiculous. On several different Dells with IE, it frequently freezes. On a new iMac with Safari, the screen kept flickering every time I harvested or plowed, and each square had to be clicked 2-3 times before succeeding.

In all cases the latest version of Adobe Flash was used and cache was cleared.

The best combination: new iMac with Firefox on high speed DSL.

It would be nice if the devs would either post the minimum computer/browser configuration required to play the game successfully (perhaps they have done this somewhere and I don't know it) or create a game that works regardless of the user's operating environment.

As the game is still in beta development, the developers have not set minimum requirements as of this time.

There is a thread with some basic guidelines in the top post.

http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4307

As impartial forum moderators, we're not able to recommend one specific browser, ISP, or operating system as against another, although we do have our own favourites (lol)
Other players do post details of combinations that work for them, and in fact some of the information provided is used in official top posts from time to time if we feel it can help with user problems. :)

I agree with the post above.... I'm ready to quit Farmtown and I'm level 60, I'm sick of standing around waiting til the avatar is finished only to find "already done" Sorry but everytime you change something you screw it up worse!!! Can't even get the go home to work until the stupid thing is through telling you already done.... I'm too old for this ****!!!!!

We've reported to the developers that the 'already done' message is not popular with players, and they've confirmed they're reworking the idea.

TedDead
Dec 30 2009, 07:17 PM
For what it's worth, I've experimented with both Firefox and IE, both with the latest Flash release.

IE seems to work the best. None of that "Already Done" stuff and others coming in taking the points/coin from fields you already completed.

Firefox exhibited all the really nasty problems people are reporting here. To me it is obvious that the Firefox with the lates Flash suffers from major memory leak problems (when will Adobe programmers learn to close files when they are no longer needed?). After working one or two large/complex farms, Firefox will come to a stop. Its memory and CPU usage is through the roof. You have to close it out and restart it at that point.

Of course, FT still has the server timeout and disconnect problems worse than ever. This is where you lose points and coin. You think you are doing the work, but since you got disconnected somewhere along the way, you get short changed. That's the same for either browser.

I feel sorry for the Devs trying to build a fairly complex game using Adobe Flash as the platform. Adobe (IMHO) has always turned out sloppy, unstable code.

Sensualbliss
Dec 30 2009, 07:22 PM
Wondering if this will EVER get fixed so many complaints NOTHING getting done ! Unless of course the developers are on holidays which is fair enough and would explain the time it seems to be taking to fix the issues ! They are usualy pretty quick to fix things up when so many complain , so the only reason i can think for this LONG delay is either holidays or no idea how to or technical difficultys :S

Oh and for the record i am not using firefox, so no that's the problem , maybe for some not others ! Why keep passing the buck and blaming our operating systems when everything was fine before the new release. Guess it's always the easy option to sftuff people around by blaming our systems, making us do this or that , clear this or that and when u do it all and it doesn''t work any way .

Or you have BRAND NEW system with the latest of everything installed which worked just fine before the NEW release! But nope it's always the players systems never the developers! People PAY REAL MONEY on this game to buy the farm cash, for the items you can get using only farmcash or upgrade farms, if this issue is going to continue then i feel a REFUND for all the farm cash we brought would be in order !

People say it's a free game, and yes it is and yes it's upto that particular player to decide to buy or not to buy farmcash or coins , either way i look at it, those that do buy farmcash or coins ARE SUPPORTING the developers financialy along with advertisements ! We all know the items are just pixels on a screen and that is all they will ever be, but that is not the point here , we chose to spend our money on a game that frustrates us 70% of the time, but that;s okay to me they weren't a major thing and never really bothered me until NOW this latest glitch is making me want my money back and making me want to leave this once enjoyable game for dust ! So over it !!

I understand the moderators have been in contact with the developers and passed all the information and complaints on which we thank you for ! How ever where is the response from the developers ?? Why doesn't Bert leave a little note on the forums with some kind of update, as the mods are only told so much and can only pass on what they have been told !

I don't blame the moderators for any glitches with farmtown after all you look after the forums not the actual application for FT , and what you do is appreciated !

I may have gone on a bit with this post but i felt the need to vent yet again ! :S

meinhardt76
Dec 30 2009, 08:02 PM
I have a complaint I been getting timed out I did everything you said to do on page one uninstalled the flash cleared my cache and reinstalled it again nothing is helping I keep getting kicked off my job can you please fix this thank you all the rest seems to be working great except that thank you for all the work your doing to make this game better.

Sarah Meinhardt

Sapai
Dec 30 2009, 08:11 PM
Before someone tells me I don't have to play, I assure you I KNOW THAT. I am giving feedback because this game has been really good and I would like to see it continue and succeed. I assume that's the developer's goal. I'm taking MY TIME to come here and give feedback. I would RATHER be playing the game as it was before this started on 12/22.

Some things have changed and there are new issues besides the ones already mentioned.

The second farms are messed up. When trying to plant, the black box pops up "enquing plowed field" on every plant. This was resolved by going back and forth between farms a few times.

I just harvested a 2nd farm and the pointer and harvest tool are way out of alignment. The highlight point was different on every square, and with some of them I even had to point to the harvested field below it to get it to highlight. The scythe is just completely random with no association to where the crop is.

Also on this 2nd farm, she had the same problem I did earlier with the other player disappearing. She logged out and in to see me again. I logged off a couple of times and then changed browsers (which also logs off and in).

The fields are paying from the clicks but still way too much lag to make it an effective solution to the multiple player issue. It works ahead in MOST cases but not all.

Time outs are out of hand. The game stopped paying me during a harvest. I exited to the Market to come back for rehire and THEN got the Server Time Out msg. This, after I had clicked about 70 more squares. If it's going to time out, we need to be notified in a timely manner. And believe me, it IS going to time out.

Bottom Line: It was become much more WORK to "play" this game. Not many of us are going to be interested in using something that is meant to be a relaxation to exhaust ourselves dealing with FUBAR. I don't want to be this tired from playing a game.

Finally - FYI there are Minimum System Requirements posted in the FAQ which you can access from the game interface.

skyrange
Dec 30 2009, 10:16 PM
So how do players find out what's going on? Tonight, no one can hire. It would be nice to know in advance if maintenance is scheduled. It would be nice to know what they think is fixed. It would be nice to know if they are even working on some of the problems. The past week+ since 12/22 have been a frustration at best. There needs to be some kind of info box or something where we can find out what the _____ they are up to. ("They", in this case, would be the developers). So what about crops that expire while I can't harvest them ? Even self-harvesting is not working properly right how? Please let us, the players, know what's going on !

Raspberry Gril
Dec 31 2009, 12:01 AM
i don't know about the first one,but i like the new system now (hiring,harvesting & plowing)...but i'm getting a lot of timed-outs...all the time!...i'm lucky if i get to finish a job without being timed-out...lost a lot of points and coins that i should have earned T_T

Garden Dana
Dec 31 2009, 12:02 AM
One issue I have with the new Avatar movement is it is darn near impossible to catch a hired hand and rehire them for plowing!
At least in the most recent version they are close to the end of the work done when they are eligible for rehire.
The other issue I have is if you are clicking near your Avatar, it often interferes with the plot you selected. I have to get around this by sending my avatar elsewhere and clicking fast to stay ahead of him when he starts to catch up. I guess it makes a new mini-game within the game.
This is a great game and I appreciate your continued efforts to improve the game!

Raspberry Gril
Dec 31 2009, 12:04 AM
...and i agree with "skyrange"...the past week was really bad and it would be nice to have an info box to know what's new and what's going on

lulu836
Dec 31 2009, 12:15 AM
Something is going on. The servers are down until 2:30AM EST.

Farmer Llew
Dec 31 2009, 12:22 AM
One issue I have with the new Avatar movement is it is darn near impossible to catch a hired hand and rehire them for plowing!
At least in the most recent version they are close to the end of the work done when they are eligible for rehire.
The other issue I have is if you are clicking near your Avatar, it often interferes with the plot you selected. I have to get around this by sending my avatar elsewhere and clicking fast to stay ahead of him when he starts to catch up. I guess it makes a new mini-game within the game.
This is a great game and I appreciate your continued efforts to improve the game!

I agree! I have to zoom my farm in really close and waste time trying to catch them so I can rehire them. I liked the FT farmers in the old days (last Spring) when they would WALK instead of frantically hopping everywhere.

New to This
Dec 31 2009, 12:57 AM
I agree totally. I just finished three jobs in a row where I got little or nothing because of this "already done" ****. In each case there was at least a half dozen people working at the same time. I tried to work areas where no one was working, but even when there were dozens of unharvested plots (at least as far as I could tell) between me and the nearest worker I was getting "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done" again and again. OK, I go over to this corner of the farm, nope, it's "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done" I'll try another section it's "already done" "already done" "already done" "already done".

I think that FT needs to restrict hiring in the MP to 2 harvesters and 2 plowers. If you want to hire all your neighbors at once, fine. But don't do this in the MP. It is very unfair to us, because we have no idea of how many people you are hiring until we get there and it is simply impossible to avoid "already done" garbage when there are too many workers. It just simply dosen't matter how untouched an area of the farm looks or how remote it is from anyone else. You get "already done" "already done" "already done" for all your efforts.

When hiring for a large field I hire 2 harvesters with 2 plowers behind them. When hiring for a small field I hire 1 harvester and 1 plower. This is what we need to do until this problem is fixed, and until then I would like FT to make an absolute cap on hiring in the MP to 2 harvesters and 2 plowers. This would be a quick and easy way to allieviate the misery until a real solution is found.

I agree whole heartedly with Tapelt. Too many times you go to a job and find so many other farmers hired that it is difficult to find one unharvested or unplowed plot. Usually, I find these are people that are at work and have to hurry to get their farms done so that no one at work will discover them -- working -- not in real time -- but in Farm Town time.

trking
Dec 31 2009, 01:46 AM
Don't be rediculous .... just deal with it! Who cares ... if there's too many people and you don't want to partake ... move on, for heaven's sake!