PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 22nd, 2009 - UPDATE 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Dec 23 2009, 12:56 PM
Hi There,

We closed the other threads related to the latest release to make it easier to collect feedback.

A new version was released an hour ago, it is very similar to the way it was before, and at some times it will be even faster as the avatar is still teletransported when is working on close fields, this may have the effect of the avatar been closer to where the people are working most of the time, which may also contribute to have less collisions.

This version still contains many other improvements targeted to minimize the amount of XP / coins lost, we don't expect it to be as efective as with the latest version, but we still expect improvments on that area, so may be this is a good balance at the end.

Please provide feedback on the new experience.

Thanks

--Raul

IMPORTANT EDIT: It seems that the newest version of the program is working as it should for many players and they are experiencing the intended benefits. Others are reporting issues which should not be experienced with this newest release. Before posting in this thread, please do the following REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF ADOBE FLASH. Go to the adobe.com website and use their uninstall program to completely uninstall your flash player program. Then BEFORE REINSTALLING clear your browser cache and reboot your computer to get rid of any remnants of the program before going back to the adobe.com site and reinstalling the latest version of flash player for your computer.

Capt. Conor
Dec 23 2009, 12:59 PM
I can queue, can anyone else

BTW thanks raul for the update,
Edit: I love this update but I am having more collisions than ever, When I work for someone, who hired 3 people for 100 plots, I am clicking in a pattern and when my farmer goes to the to collect my cash, it says already done, this is causing me to lose even more money than before. They farmers, get to the plots before my farmer can get his cash, please just roll it back to its old plowing state Here is a pic
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/261/ssssssn.jpg So as you can see, she is plowing OVER my queued plowing spots.

Kelsey
Dec 23 2009, 12:59 PM
Thank you Raul!
Thank you Developers!

I still appreciate everything you do for us.

Molly Mew
Dec 23 2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks Raul. I'm pretty sure we'll get LOTS of feedback. ;)

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 23 2009, 01:01 PM
Hopefully this compromise works for the users ;)

Chuckcbr
Dec 23 2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks Raul,
I just plowed a farm and it seems to be back to the old way...I LOVE IT!!!
Thanks again...

propwash77063
Dec 23 2009, 01:02 PM
Hello,

Thank you for bringing the fun back and easing frustration.

As for the hires I have two large farms and the most I ever hire is two. That way its worth their time and they get plenty of coinage and xp's.

Thank you for all you do. I know it seems unappreciated at times but believe me it is not. Most of all thank you for listening to us the end users.

Warmest regards and wishing you all a very Merry Christmas
Dan Purdy
Houston TX

MsEbonique
Dec 23 2009, 01:03 PM
I just got finished harvesting and plowing... I knew you made a change from the new version. It was awful.... It kept blinking... so you didn't know where you were... much slower... I was ready to leave. This morning with my AV with me was wonderful. I was fast... got in and out in no time. I harvested and plowed. Please put it back to the new way.... I have a new computer with plenty of ram and great graphic card. So it's not my computer. It's the same old bugs you had before especially the blinking and not knowing where you are. It was better and I like the AV being with me while plowing. It didn't get into anyone's way. Just don't like you to be able to know who is cutting who off. Thank you for listening.

Efwis
Dec 23 2009, 01:04 PM
thank you for change, it's awesome once again.
it took my g/f less then 2 minutes to harvest and plow the majority of my farm.

i don't mind the larger icons (i.e. scathe, hoe, seed bag) but it would be nice if you could make them about 3/4 the size they are now. just a suggestion. if not that's fine i will write it off as a fair trade off.

thanks again and keep up the great work. Yes i do know that what you do is not an easy task, but thank you again for listening to your players on this.

illumi
As I said, I like the new upgrade and have had a chance to try the new upgrade just about 30 mins ago.
Yes the harvesting and plowing goes fast, but the adding of exp/coins is after getting really slow...20+ mins for a farm depending on size eventhough i finished the job in 5 mins. I got to hang around for 15mins or more just to wait for the exp/coins to add.
And if im on a farm with more than one person harvesting most of the plots show ALREADY DONE. And I have to hang around just to see every plot tell me its already done for another 15- 20 mins. With the old version it NEVER took this long for the coins/exp to add up. The amount of times im getting booted since the upgrades is well...many many times. I havent been booted in ages. Please roll it back and limit the hire to 1 for harvesting and plowing as you suggested earlier.
Thanks for trying to make this game more enjoyable for us all....It just didnt work with this upgrade.
I rarely had problems with the last version, and it has never been so slow in adding exp/coins.

propwash77063
The fire option would be interesting! LOL
Dan

Snappy Dungarees
Dec 23 2009, 01:06 PM
Hi There,

We closed the other threads related to the latest release to make it easier to collect feedback.

A new version was released an hour ago, it is very similar to the way it was before, and at some times it will be even faster as the avatar is still teletransported when is working on close fields, this may have the effect of the avatar been closer to where the people are working most of the time, which may also contribute to have less collisions.

This version still contains many other improvements targeted to minimize the amount of XP / coins lost, we don't expect it to be as efective as with the latest version, but we still expect improvments on that area, so may be this is a good balance at the end.

Thanks

--Raul

Thank you guys. Can't imagine how hard you have all worked to create a nice bit of middle ground. Love you all for all your dedication and hard work. Good luck with the errr *ahem* feedback! ;):rolleyes:

Ginny Skurs-Heptig
Dec 23 2009, 01:10 PM
Farm Town is now running like a dog. In my opinion, it's gone backwards with freezing up and super slow. It was bad last night BEFORE the Reverting to the "old way" and now it's worse. Avatar is way behind, and you can no longer get ahead of yourelf. Is this to slow down the server accepting the collection? I'm an a very unhappy farmer at this point.

Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul

iots028
Dec 23 2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks so much, it works great.
I think it might be faster, it's kind of fun to watch the avatar now.

~Farmer Tom~
Dec 23 2009, 01:12 PM

yes, I cant complain at all, seems to be fine for me

illumi
Dec 23 2009, 01:13 PM
it sucks..........i cant earn one coin on any job where theres more than one working...all plots show already done already done...and to think that yesterday everything was fine.
even the very first release of farmtown was better than this :(
please roll it back.

riknana49
Dec 23 2009, 01:14 PM
do NOT like this "new way" I click and it just says i am busy... isnt worth the time to hire out if this is the way it is gonna be!!! Takes forever to get a little done on this silly new way.... cant make money and cant keep up with others either!!!! NOT FUN>>> CHANGE IT BACK

jeanieNGMsfarm
Dec 23 2009, 01:16 PM
i like this new upgrade as well (likes the last one too) but my only problem with this one is that the harvest hogs who randomly click can now do it again and seems like more and more people have been doing it since they are allowed to do it again so i will deal with it and leave when it happens thanks for the hard work

ms cindy
Dec 23 2009, 01:18 PM
While i was happy with the updates yesterday, I am even more happy with them today! Thank you It was fun and fast today. Thank you again, for all your hard work.

Tulppo
Dec 23 2009, 01:20 PM
My aviator went to a totally different place than I wanted and I did not earn any of the xp's that I should have. Frustrating

Jilly Moon
Dec 23 2009, 01:21 PM
I've only harvested so far, not plowed, but so far I love love love the compromise!!! Worked smoothly, everything adding up & harvesting instantly....very nice.

Happy Milkmaid
Dec 23 2009, 01:22 PM
Its slow slow slow and frustrating! It's also sending weird messages like You need more money...when I'm trying to plow on another farm and it won't plow at all......what's that about??? Also some people still seem to be able to harvest and plow quickly whilst others like myself are getting the Wait I'm busy every time you move along.
Much more of this and it's good bye Farm Town; a great game ruined by constant messing about with it.

Gangis
Dec 23 2009, 01:24 PM
I say thank you all for all your hard work and looking at new ways of doing things. The changes yesterday was quit shocking :eek: And i'm glad that the issue was handled in a timely way. Although I do see a problem where my Avatar gets in the way of me clicking on a plot. It would be nice if there was a 3 to 4 plot delay from Avatar to plot being plowed.

Once again.. Thank you all for your hard work.

Sweetp340
Dec 23 2009, 01:31 PM
I just want you to know i love the new way to plow it keeps some that love to hog a job from doing so i would love it if you keep it this way and not change it back.

courtneycjr
Dec 23 2009, 01:32 PM
hate the new way i prefore the old way i never seem to lose any coins or money

its bad enough that it takes for ever to plow and harvest now its just as slow as yesterday

Kelsey
Dec 23 2009, 01:33 PM
Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul

SUHWEEEEET!

I finally went on to see this new update for myself.
Hired someone to harvest and she is zooming away.
As I hired her, I was hired to harvest. Wholly fast batman!! I love it!
I was hired with a bunch of other people so did not stick around to try plowing. Hired my hire to plow - cannot see what she is doing. Not losing coins or gaining xp and cannot see any plowed plots though she is running all over the place. (my farm is layered which could be the issue)

But the harvesting .... yeehaw!

Sapai
Dec 23 2009, 01:35 PM
Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul

Yes and No. Much improved over the 12/22 disaster. But not as good as pre-release.

I've just worked one job with another player. When my avatar was completing harvest, in between a few last coins (I guess), the message ALREADY DONE was flashing. Same for the plow. I marked many more squares than I received credit for.

Pre-release, we could see the fields that were already done much better. There were some issues with plowed fields not appearing plowed, but when they were clicked and instead of a hash mark, we got a plowed field, we knew it was already done. This way there is no way to tell until the avatar actually encounters a field that was ALREADY DONE?

In my opinion, this is going to cause MORE hard feelings on jobs with more than one hire. I know I have some now because I marked many more fields than I was paid for. So that doesn't seem to really address "lost" XP's. I clicked but received no XP. Instead of "lost XPs", I now just have LOST clicks? How is that better?

This is not the only problem, but so far it is Major. I hope you give this a few days to settle down to get all the feedback and can make corrections accordingly. People are not going to like doing a huge portion of a field only to have their avatar traveling over ALREADY DONEs for long periods of time.

Is there no way you can make the fields update WHEN they are done? In another thread, a fellow programmer made a suggestion on how that might be accomplished, IIRC.

daddyjake
Dec 23 2009, 01:41 PM
The rollback is better than ever. Thank you for making the game even more fun than before. Keep up the good work and listening to your constituency. Have a merry Christmas and a splendid new year

Wendybird
Dec 23 2009, 01:42 PM
Just to say I have tried harvesting and plowing for the first time today and WOW! :eek:

My little avatar dudette is jet propelled now ! LOL It takes a bit of getting used to but it is great!

Nice! Loved the ease and speed of this!

Thanks Raul (and Bert of course - btw where is Bert? does he had a December job that involves wearing a red suit and saying Ho Ho Ho? :confused:)

Thanks again guys this update is fab! :D

ps: The harvest icon etc is a tad large though! :o

farmer worzel
Dec 23 2009, 01:44 PM
Thankyou very much for changing it back. I can now que crops again and harvesting spped had almost doubled:D

The developers of this game do a great job, they listen to what the players have to say, had this been another game (i'm sure you all know which one), player feedback would have been ignored.

lfbrockm
Dec 23 2009, 01:44 PM
:( Is it possible I have the old code? I had to write the farmer to say I couldn't finish the job - I had the farm all to myself which, in the past, was a dream-come-true.

Spuds Farm
Dec 23 2009, 01:45 PM
It seems we're back to the previous previous version with a couple exceptions. We can certainly walk backward very fast (lol) and the que is no problem. We can go fast again.

Is it safe to leave the farm where you're working when the counters on XP and coins have stopped, even tho you are a long way from "walking" to finish the harvest?

I did plow one entire large field and when it started counting on some squares it said "already harvested" but it didn't look harvested when I clicked. That's a bit strange but it's been happening for awhile I guess we just didn't get a notice.

Thanks for your hard work -- it's a great game!

tony rhodes
Dec 23 2009, 01:46 PM
please leave ft the way it is now i like it alot better

TheWifes
Dec 23 2009, 01:47 PM
Ok, Thanks for returning it. But you guys tweaked it wrong! I can only plow 1 square at a time (UGH) and I can not use my seeder, just bought it a few days ago - huge waste of money unless I can use it. Please fix this, my farm is to big to plow and seed 1 square at a time!!!! Also I noticed in the first farm I harvested my xp points did not come thru until I left and then I was awarded. As for money I hope, but I did not pay attention. Wish ya'll would have restricted the number of people hired. However I am glad its semi-normal! Merry Christmas guys!!

Molly Mew
Dec 23 2009, 01:51 PM
Ok, Thanks for returning it. But you guys tweaked it wrong! I can only plow 1 square at a time (UGH) and I can not use my seeder, just bought it a few days ago - huge waste of money unless I can use it. Please fix this, my farm is to big to plow and seed 1 square at a time!!!! Also I noticed in the first farm I harvested my xp points did not come thru until I left and then I was awarded. As for money I hope, but I did not pay attention. Wish ya'll would have restricted the number of people hired. However I am glad its semi-normal! Merry Christmas guys!!

Check your preferences under the wrench in the toolbar.
If your plots are close, you have to have 'remove spaces between fields' checked.

lfbrockm
Dec 23 2009, 01:55 PM
I logged off FB and logged back on and that is what got me the new code. I've harvested and it's better by a longshot. I can decide if I like the giant scythe but I expect I'll get used to it. The avatar is funny to watch after it is doing catch-up work - it goes like crazy...Keep up the good changes.

Sapai
Dec 23 2009, 01:56 PM
Yes and No. Much improved over the 12/22 disaster. But not as good as pre-release.

I've just worked one job with another player. When my avatar was completing harvest, in between a few last coins (I guess), the message ALREADY DONE was flashing. Same for the plow. I marked many more squares than I received credit for.

Pre-release, we could see the fields that were already done much better. There were some issues with plowed fields not appearing plowed, but when they were clicked and instead of a hash mark, we got a plowed field, we knew it was already done. This way there is no way to tell until the avatar actually encounters a field that was ALREADY DONE?

In my opinion, this is going to cause MORE hard feelings on jobs with more than one hire. I know I have some now because I marked many more fields than I was paid for. So that doesn't seem to really address "lost" XP's. I clicked but received no XP. Instead of "lost XPs", I now just have LOST clicks? How is that better?

This is not the only problem, but so far it is Major. I hope you give this a few days to settle down to get all the feedback and can make corrections accordingly. People are not going to like doing a huge portion of a field only to have their avatar traveling over ALREADY DONEs for long periods of time.

Is there no way you can make the fields update WHEN they are done? In another thread, a fellow programmer made a suggestion on how that might be accomplished, IIRC.

Nooooooooooooooo! OMG! This has NOT solved group hiring AT ALL! I was on a group job and just watched every single one of my hatched fields disappear right before my eyes! I got ALREADY DONE! This was a large field. I LOST COINS ON EVERY CLICK I MADE! OMG. This is awful. What are you guys thinking? I just do not get it.

PLEASE go back to Pre-Release method. It was still faster than now and you didn't have people stealing your click fields right from under you.

I'm going to have to limit myself to solo hires only this way.

I got NUTHIN for my time and clicks. :STEAM:

Buppa
Dec 23 2009, 01:57 PM
Thank you for bringing the qued work back... Much better. I did a whole farm of pineapples, then got to plow, and was able to do it in a very decent time.
I am not fond of the way the Highlighted crop, or the Plow (Red Square) hops around. I didn't get to test if the 'glitch' of being hired twice to remove the red square still exists, but I would much prefer to only need to use my mouse arrow than having to line up the red square. I had a harder time today than I have had in a long time (over 350,000 XP points here and level 60) keeping my guy in a perfectly straight line as the plow icon would pop to the next row quite frequently.

But hey guys... I am a programmer and I commend you for taking our comments so seriously (sorry that so many lashed out at you)I can't even imagine how badly it must have felt to have released what you thought would make most happy, and then to get such a negative response. You took it well.
I love the game and hope we can be useful to you as you continue to perfect it.

kaylene
Dec 23 2009, 01:59 PM
Love the new changes :) Thanks for all the hard work you put into this game...

Ann Winters
Dec 23 2009, 02:08 PM
I love it, love it, love the new update! The speed is great. I have large pinapple fields but hire only one person and believe me the benefits of speed and allowing a ssingle worker to gain the rewards of the harvest and plow is wonderful. Thank you!

sweetashoney99004
Dec 23 2009, 02:09 PM
i dont know what everyone was complaining about the old way even if you got ran over you both got paid.......now you dont get paid for it and which in turn makes you work harder for less money.......they make a good game its working fine then some cry babies gotta go screw it all up.....i like the way it was 3 days ago when ppl still ran ppl over you didnt have a bunch of crazy stuff goin on above your head and if you got ran over you and the other person still got paid for it........why change a good thing......i have almost thought a few times of just uninstalling the app on myspace and fb and be done with it but i am hoping they will do something to put it back to normal!!!!!!i will give it till after christmas if its not better i am still deleting it.......:(

MINDY1979
Dec 23 2009, 02:10 PM
I am happy with what ever you come up with. You guys work hard and try to listen to us about problems. I know you can't snap your fingers and fix it, so what ever you come up with will work for me. Have a good holiday season devs and mods!

unclebutch
Dec 23 2009, 02:14 PM
it would be nice if you explained what changes were made to avoid confusion. i got hired for a job and the harvesting seems to be working fine but i was told i couldn't plow. is this part of the new fix? how many people can i hire for my farms. one is small and the other is large.

i know i will figure this out for myself but it would be good to see it in print.

Ann Winters
Dec 23 2009, 02:15 PM
Personally, I have never had problems with hiring and plowing in all the updates. The only time I had problems is when I used to hire out and the greedy people would horn in on my patch of work space. So after I got where I needed to be -- I became very selective about who I hire to work my farm. Haven't had any problems. A buddy system works well too, becasue each person gets to know each other and the farms they work. Plus, I always hire my neighbors now.

Sapai
Dec 23 2009, 02:17 PM
i dont know what everyone was complaining about the old way even if you got ran over you both got paid.......now you dont get paid for it and which in turn makes you work harder for less money.......they make a good game its working fine then some cry babies gotta go screw it all up.....i like the way it was 3 days ago when ppl still ran ppl over you didnt have a bunch of crazy stuff goin on above your head and if you got ran over you and the other person still got paid for it........why change a good thing......i have almost thought a few times of just uninstalling the app on myspace and fb and be done with it but i am hoping they will do something to put it back to normal!!!!!!i will give it till after christmas if its not better i am still deleting it.......:(

I had lost some XP's. Reported it. It resolved perfectly when they changed to being awarded upon clicks instead of the prior method.

One thing that NEVER happened was to get stiffed on clicks, as is the case now with this 'in-betweener'. I hate it. I have to request solo hires only. I'm not going to play a game and watch my clicked hatch marks disappear before my eyes. What's the point?

It will work acceptably (at best) for one person jobs. As a 'fix' for multiple hire jobs, it is a big flop.

Lizbet
Dec 23 2009, 02:23 PM
Hi There,

Frankly, I haven't had issues with the app since my earliest days playing, back in May of this year.

I was hired to harvest an entire farm earlier today and, once I re acclimated to the technique, was moving along very quickly; same went for plowing. The only slowness I experienced was the time it took to begin (to travel to the area) and if there were sections planted a distance apart.

I think the game is fabulous and appreciate all the work you guys put into it.

Lizbet
Dec 23 2009, 02:25 PM
Personally, I have never had problems with hiring and plowing in all the updates. The only time I had problems is when I used to hire out and the greedy people would horn in on my patch of work space. So after I got where I needed to be -- I became very selective about who I hire to work my farm. Haven't had any problems. A buddy system works well too, becasue each person gets to know each other and the farms they work. Plus, I always hire my neighbors now.

Amen!

There's a period of adjustment and then things run smoothly.

bradwill
Dec 23 2009, 02:28 PM
Thank you for dumping most of yesterday's update and going back to what worked, If it solves the issue of Xp/coins lost also...that's a real bonus too. If it all it does is temporarily get things back to running at a decent speed instead of "Wait...I'm busy," that works too. Anything but yesterday.

:::Suburban Hillbilly:::
Dec 23 2009, 02:28 PM
I just did my first job with the newest updates (12/23) and IMO it is worse than either yesterday or before. I was hired with one of the people who likes to try to click in front of you and get plots right out from under you. Im guessing this is what is referred to as "collisions" etc. Previously I was able to click randomly and move to a different area and prevent them from clicking under me, which I tried to do again today. It didnt work, because a large number of the plots that were queued came up and said "Already Done" instead of giving the point/coins. It was more frustrating because I had to wait to find out if I got the plot instead of it just being gone. If I had known they were clicking under me because the plot disappeard then I would have moved on. Instead I stood around getting called names because I told the other harvester I didnt like them clicking the plots out from under me like that. :confused: I put them on ignore... but ugh!

katrina719
Dec 23 2009, 02:30 PM
I love this game ! I have 2 working farms and a show farm..And the changes suit me fine!

THANK YOU !!!!

picketree
Dec 23 2009, 02:31 PM
Love it! Love it!! Love it!!! My avatar is on redbull!!!! Great!:eek:

drwhit73
Dec 23 2009, 02:34 PM

Edit: I love this update but I am having more collisions than ever, When I work for someone, who hired 3 people for 100 plots, I am clicking in a pattern and when my farmer goes to the to collect my cash, it says already done, this is causing me to lose even more money than before. They farmers, get to the plots before my farmer can get his cash, please just roll it back to its old plowing state Here is a pic
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/261/ssssssn.jpg So as you can see, she is plowing OVER my queued plowing spots.

Thanks for the pic. I had a similar problem but hadn't captured a pic yet. The collection of points still lags several minutes behind the actual plowing or harvesting so if you are harvesting plowing with other people and you plow a whole bunch of squares ahead, there is a problem with the already done message. Stuff that I plowed 2 minutes ago I lose if someone happens to collect their points before I collect mine.

Sapai
Dec 23 2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the pic. I had a similar problem but hadn't captured a pic yet. The collection of points still lags several minutes behind the actual plowing or harvesting so if you are harvesting plowing with other people and you plow a whole bunch of squares ahead, there is a problem with the already done message. Stuff that I plowed 2 minutes ago I lose if someone happens to collect their points before I collect mine.

Sucks. I would like someone to explain to me how supposedly fixing "lost xp's" (which was for the most part a RESOLVED issue) while changing it to CERTAIN LOST CLICKs is an improvement?

Agent Scully
Dec 23 2009, 02:39 PM
I've just done a job and this seems to be much better than the update prior this one, i was only doing a small job and the farmer only had 2 of us working so i will have to wait and see what it is like on other jobs,,,,,,,,, but so far so good thanks for sorting it out.

The tools seem a bit too large though but i can put up with that LOL

Blessings
x

olsakovsky
Dec 23 2009, 02:42 PM
just the same make it the old way and i all ways hire one person most people in the market are there for money or xp i rarely hire from there any ways i don't see the point anymore i saw no problem with the old way keep it there i just rather keep it the old way and not have this new way

never saw any trouble in loseing money or xp

Ditto these thoughts. Whatever you did today, 12/23, does not help. You SAID you were retracting the update. So UNDO it already.

LunaAbigail
Dec 23 2009, 02:43 PM
THANK YOU for returning FT back to its normal way
BUT it is BETTER!!!
Zooming around like no man's business
hehehe
love it it goes doubles speed,will this stay??
Merry Christmas!

Linda Powers Goff
Dec 23 2009, 02:45 PM

i am having the same problem. I plowed one whole field and received 55 xps and everything else said already done. I love the game and didn't find any problem with the old way. you guys have done a great job! Hope this little prob is solved soon. thanks for giving us such a good game

Laina1312
Dec 23 2009, 02:49 PM
I'm registering just to say this... I've lost large amounts of coins and experience before, but a couple weeks ago it changed (for me) so that it when I clicked the square, I'd get the coins/XP, and then it'd still queue and I could wait for it to load if I wanted to but I didn't have to.

Whenever I harvested, I always worked in neat rows and now I can't because the avatar gets in my way so I have to click somewhere else to move it and it's driving me nuts. I won't be harvesting or plowing anyone else's farms anymore. :(

Why can't they just put it the way it was where you'd click, get your coins, and then the avatar could catch up to you or you could just leave?

olsakovsky
Dec 23 2009, 02:53 PM
As of 3:52 EST STILL NOT reversed.

PLEASE COMPLETELY REVERSE this update AS PROMISED.

:mad:

JAS0643
Dec 23 2009, 02:57 PM
I like the way you have it now, you can queue the fields but yo see the coins coming out of the fields as you click or soon after you click on them which I think will help with people thinking they have lost xps and coins. I know that there is a big problem with people losing xps and coins so I don't want it to sound like I don't believe those people. I think that for some it was a matter of not knowing how the xps and coins where added and they thought they lost them but really didn't. Having the coins come out of the field when you click on it will help solve that problem. I personally never had that many problems with the issue there may be a few fields here and there when I was harvesting with others and we where close together or most of the fields had been harvested and there where a few stray fields here and there on the farm. I would click them but not always get the coins for them. I know that it was just a glitch and that someone else had gotten them first even tho I could still see them. For me the fix was to not hire too many people for my farm and if I got to a farm where the workers where on top of each other I would leave. I would also like to say that I hope you never limit the number of workers for a farm that would take the social part out of the game and make you no different then other farm games. I also hope you never put a fire button into the game it would be abused and would make me not want to play the game

pg tips
Dec 23 2009, 02:59 PM
I like the way you have it now, you can queue the fields but yo see the coins coming out of the fields as you click or soon after you click on them which I think will help with people thinking they have lost xps and coins. I know that there is a big problem with people losing xps and coins so I don't want it to sound like I don't believe those people. I think that for some it was a matter of not knowing how the xps and coins where added and they thought they lost them but really didn't. Having the coins come out of the field when you click on it will help solve that problem. I personally never had that many problems with the issue there may be a few fields here and there when I was harvesting with others and we where close together or most of the fields had been harvested and there where a few stray fields here and there on the farm. I would click them but not always get the coins for them. I know that it was just a glitch and that someone else had gotten them first even tho I could still see them. For me the fix was to not hire too many people for my farm and if I got to a farm where the workers where on top of each other I would leave. I would also like to say that I hope you never limit the number of workers for a farm that would take the social part out of the game and make you no different then other farm games. I also hope you never put a fire button into the game it would be abused and would make me not want to play the game

I agree and so well said

mshboop
Dec 23 2009, 03:02 PM
Working ok. A little of both the old and the new, it seems. Really like the planning process of the new. Hate it when people skip all over the place and cause holes so the rest of us have to clean up their mess. Have a good holiday!

ellshere
Dec 23 2009, 03:05 PM
Sucks. I would like someone to explain to me how supposedly fixing "lost xp's" (which was for the most part a RESOLVED issue) while changing it to CERTAIN LOST CLICKs is an improvement?

For the majority this was not resolved which was the main reason the developers did the first update, in an attempt to resolve this issue. See the thread relating to lost and missing exp points which was still going strong at the time of the first update.

chrism878
Dec 23 2009, 03:08 PM
I am happy you will go back!

Badlands Farmer
Dec 23 2009, 03:20 PM
I love this new way.

I just plowed a very large field with two other farmers and it went off quickly without a hitch. With the original way, when I was done plowing I would have to wait forever for my coins and xp to add up. That seemed to go much faster.

Then I did a quick harvest for someone else and that also went very well.

This does seem to be a little of the original version and a little of the short lived version of yesterday, and I am loving the results.

sleepy_user
Dec 23 2009, 03:23 PM
It doesn't suck as bad as the last update. I guess that's a positive comment? The last update was awful. I stopped playing. This is an improvement going somewhat back the old way but, it's still not as good as the original speed. GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL GAME TIMING.

I can click faster that this thing can keep up.

Todd 29
Dec 23 2009, 03:24 PM
It's so slow now

Capt. Conor
Dec 23 2009, 03:27 PM
Raul, I have having major issues, Click here to see my issues. (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2922946#post2922946) If you won't rollback to the original that would be great, I honestly am getting frustrated.

Todd 29
Dec 23 2009, 03:30 PM
I haven't play in a few weeks cuz it was so slow. I popped on this afternoon and was like holy **** this game if flying now, Sweeeeeeet. Now it's slower then before

Sapai
Dec 23 2009, 03:36 PM

I agree completely. I, along with hundreds of others, were overwhelmed with upset after the 12/22 disaster. When you announced you would reverse back to the old version, we were elated. I am keeping this issue updated on my Facebook home page.

I don't play a slew of games at Facebook. Farm Town was the primary one, and it satisfied to a point that I didn't need to jump around from game to game.

That's gone. I have had slight apprehension at using the MP to hire or be hired. But today, with this 'not really a reversal' program, I am feeling absolute dread.

I won't play a game that makes me dread playing. If it stays this way, I will follow the instructions posted elsewhere to request a $20 refund of the Farm Cash I purchased. It is not spent yet.

I have over 1,000 units of fuel, two farms, 31 neighbors at level 45. I worked my arse off for a few weeks to achieve level 44 and purchase a second farm. Was looking forward to the work involved in enlarging it. Now I dread to play the game.

I gave up Sims2 and Elder Scrolls/Morrowind to play Farm Town instead. That's how good it WAS. I gave up playing two Big Hitters to play yours instead. I will be going back to the games that don't abuse me and waste my time if we cannot have the old, fair style of play. Not a threat. Just telling it as it is.

missjackie19
Dec 23 2009, 03:38 PM
Love the new update, this is so much better than the first update you all did.

Redhedsmom
Dec 23 2009, 03:44 PM
Not much better than this morning. Get a couple of plots harvested and then nothing, kind of like having a stare down with a cat!

Think I'll go away for a few more weeks to see what havoc can be wreaked on what was a good game.

JHG57
Dec 23 2009, 03:50 PM
What happened to by popular demand we are going back to what we had before the fubar?
the tools belong in sesame Street, they are sooo big they cover 14 plots!! Why not do what you said and be of person of your word? Put it back!

lulu836
Dec 23 2009, 03:54 PM
Excellent.............I just tried out the newest, newest downgrade from the newest upgrade and it is improved by 110% The folks with the fast fingers will be overjoyed. Love the way the avatar finishes a job. Like Jack Flash. Thanks you so much

lcswdonna
Dec 23 2009, 04:02 PM
love the way the avatar followed more quickly and finished faster. one problem on a crowded field was that someone harvested over my queue and was able to steal the points, then when i hit those spots i got a message that field had been already done. this could be a huge problem for those multi-hire situations. it is so much better than yesterday though. i will avoid any multi-hires for now. thanks so much

Buddy1998
Dec 23 2009, 04:13 PM
I don't know which is which. What I do know is for the last couple of days, I cannot harvest or plow. I have apologized to hirers and left the job. Today I can do one at a time but this huge icon of the harvest tool is right behind me and distracting. I notice that other workers are zooming thru the same farms and then there is me clugging along :(

cocowboy1008
Dec 23 2009, 04:19 PM
Raul,
I just harvested for my wife and it seems like you combined the old way with the new way. It was very fast and the avatar caught up to me and stayed caught up. Seems alot better than it was! I am going to try plowing in a few. I REALLY like the idea of only being able to hire one person at a time but i still hope that you will be able to incorporate the solar tractor and teh harvester some how... GREAT WORK!

Thanks
Mark

cocowboy1008
Dec 23 2009, 04:29 PM
Raul,
I got hired to plow... and holy cow! Amazing job!!!! This new way is awesome! try to get the tractor and harvester to work and i think you will have it totally awesome!!!! By the way, just as a side note.... Your game is much better than farmville. I tried it to see if i liked it when i was waiting for farmtown and I dont like farmville at all... so please keep up the good work...

Merry Christmas

Mark

kevyboy
Dec 23 2009, 04:32 PM
i keep harvesting and not receiving my money it keeps saying saving saving saving and i cant move!! i just did a whole field of pineaple and only got 14k

SunnyD
Dec 23 2009, 04:34 PM
Wow whatever you did this time is so great...... Plowing is easier harvesting is great..... and I am getting paid again......... Yay........ great job dev's..........

bigus1
Dec 23 2009, 04:35 PM
Yeah it is still not good I harvested and it kept coming up already done I like the old way better and I would sooner risk XP/coins rather than this ****:(

Brez
Dec 23 2009, 04:55 PM
Great but now Server Time outs are hitting a lot.

Why?

Because of all the extra data being transfered it's causing some sorta flood or overbuffer from client to server and bang... Kicked off the server.

So in essence it isn't fixed. It just introduced a new issue.

I guess if you click very slowly you can retain a connection but seriously who doesn't click fast to get the job done.

Not fixed.

Addition: I'm curious how many people are still having the XP issue as I suspect this upgrade was suppose to fix. As I mentioned If I were given the opportunity to respond to a quick little multiple choice survey (which isn't currently in place) to gather metrics on how many are still affected I would of said It is/was now fine for me. I have not experienced issues with Xp loss for at least a month now. Though this new upgrade just introduces new issues.

Justin D
Dec 23 2009, 05:11 PM
Love today's update!! :D

I notice several things new: 1) Plowing/harvesting happens faster than it used to, 2) You get a greater speed boost than you used to if you stick to plowing contiguously - encourages the proper kind of harvesting/plowing, and 3) XP and coins (i.e. "+1XP") notifications show above the actual squares being processed instead of over the avatar, so you know which fields you're getting coins or XP for!

Agent Scully
Dec 23 2009, 05:19 PM
Can you do something about Server connection time out because that is how we lose the money and XPs,,,, we do not always see we have timed out until we try to save and some probably don't realize at all so therefore think they have lost money and Xps from work they think they did but didn't do due to time out, we cannot refresh without losing our job on the farm too wish is irritating.

This version is much better on the whole from last night's but i am still getting more problems with time outs then i did prior to these updates (Dec 22 and 23)

I think if you were able to put a patch that lets us refresh while on a farm working would be big step forward to resolving loss of money and points,, just my view.

patternmaker
Dec 23 2009, 05:21 PM
I just got done harvesting a field...and people were "pecking" all over. Did they already change it BACK?

chicalita
Dec 23 2009, 05:22 PM
I have just come off a field after my first hire of the day. In comparison to last nights working in the field, I found this to be much, much better, and even better than before. For me, you can leave it as it is now. The only one problem I have is finding out too late that plots have already been done....sort this then we have perfection IMO.

adrianne65
Dec 23 2009, 05:23 PM
:-( Whatever was done, please change it back to the way it was before. I just plowed 50 plots and didn't get credit for ANY of them. Then I went back to the marketplace and it started crediting me for plots on the previous farm, but only for 5 of them. It took FOREVER. I accepted a job in the meantime but I couldn't go--kept getting the "Wait, I'm busy" message. Verrrrrry frustrating!!!! :-(

Sapai
Dec 23 2009, 05:25 PM
I just got done harvesting a field...and people were "pecking" all over. Did they already change it BACK?

No. This 'solution' doesn't inhibit "pecking" at all. It doesn't solve anything. It adds an element of torture to the mix.

Rhoda123
Dec 23 2009, 05:26 PM
please fix this issue it is impossable to play the game like this who has this kind of time to waste. Very annoying.

janisko
Dec 23 2009, 05:37 PM
I'm not complaining, just passing along information to assist you with your work. This is what happened when I went to the market to get hired for plowing on WF41...

I received constant time-outs but the xp's and coins continued to add so I knew I wasn't really booted out. I repeatedly clicked on SAVE and eventually did get PENDING CHANGES HAVE BEEN SAVED. It took much longer than before the last upgrade and then the revision.

I had a tremendous number of false clicks that didn't take. This is a completely new issue for me, making it nearly impossible to plow in a neat and orderly fashion.

After I had plowed a huge number of squares, which were in queue waiting to be counted in, someone else plowed right over them and I didn't get credit. This is an on-going issue.

When I was all finished and waiting for everything to be added in my avatar was running around aimlessly for a very long time with nothing being added in or any fields showing plowed. It took much longer than before the upgrade to finally have everything added in and SAVED so I was able to leave.

I would like to see restoration of the fuel issues and be stopped from seeding when I'm out of fuel.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Texas Belle
Dec 23 2009, 06:04 PM
Excellent.............I just tried out the newest, newest downgrade from the newest upgrade and it is improved by 110% The folks with the fast fingers will be overjoyed. Love the way the avatar finishes a job. Like Jack Flash. Thanks you so much

I do love it too, but i am afraid that poor avatar is going to loose his/her head, makes me dizzy looking at it, but then YES it is faster and neater, once you are finished you are finished no more waiting or wondering where your points are.
PERFECT TEAM, THANKS TO EVERYONE OF THE ANONYMOUS FACES THAT MAKE OUR GAME SO ENJOYABLE...

THANKS,
Celina

Rendezvous Ranch
Dec 23 2009, 06:08 PM
How does it work, who gets credit for harvesting? Is it on a first come first serve basis? Why did you program the avatars to roam for something he/she will not get credit for? This only causes frustration because my avatar goes fetching for something that has already been done. Please roll it back. At least we know that when we click on something it's worthwhile and not an absolute waste of time.

wesnipes
Dec 23 2009, 06:16 PM
Last night I was ready to hang it up with Farm Town but tonight I'm a happy farmer again. What ever you guys did has made it, "super-charged". Thank you again for keeping this a great game.
Will
Phoenix

After reading several posts I have to agree ... this is the best yet !!! Please don't change it.

Little Hoss
Dec 23 2009, 06:20 PM
While i was happy with the updates yesterday, I am even more happy with them today! Thank you It was fun and fast today. Thank you again, for all your hard work.

Me Too Raul and Bert and Co, I absolutely love the latest update, its much faster, no matter what the others say.
They just haven't given it a chance.
I LOVE IT. Great Job.

Have a Great Christmas everyone.

jeannieb
Dec 23 2009, 06:24 PM
Much better than yesterday. Now if we can get it to tell us this area has already been done, maybe turn it red or something on the second click on the same plot, it will be perfect.

Also I understand it is considered to be a glitch when you get hired for the 2nd time to plow and it takes away the red plow and just lays down the mark, but I love it and wish it was that way ALL the time when plowing. It seems to be much quicker as well.

Thanks for the changes so quickly from the mess of yesterday.

pattycakes1964
Dec 23 2009, 06:29 PM
your newest update works well to allowing us to que in our work making the time much faster but still making us walk it thru. I can que my pattern and my avatar walks it thru i did notice the time laps though if i had to go back to catch items i missed good job keep up the good work.

teejcee44
Dec 23 2009, 06:32 PM
Looks like I am done. See ya. Not having any fun anymore.

SallyL
Dec 23 2009, 06:44 PM
My daughter and I harvested each other's farms about 4PM CDT. We Loved it!!!!! Harvesting and plowing was never that fast before. We could barely keep ahead of the plots we harvested/plowed. I don't know which version was out there at the time, but it was awesome!!!!!!
Love this game. :)

bradwill
Dec 23 2009, 06:45 PM
Last night I was ready to hang it up with Farm Town but tonight I'm a happy farmer again. What ever you guys did has made it, "super-charged". Thank you again for keeping this a great game.
Will
Phoenix

After reading several posts I have to agree ... this is the best yet !!! Please don't change it.

Agreed. Ever since today's change, nothing but smooth and fast(again!) harvesting/plowing, no problem with XP or coins......excellent! Night and day difference from yesterday's headaches.

dixiegirl
Dec 23 2009, 06:51 PM
Please put this back like it was before the 22!
I did go and try the fixes rolled out today. If Im the only harvester it was good, when I worked with others it was slow and dragging. Plowing was a nightmare. I would click on several while my avator stood still and then it would jump to cover them all. Others plowed over what I had plowed... who got points? NOt me! I plowed it first and then they went over it... they got the points. Can we please put this back. It had been mnths since I timed out and now I am timing out all the time. All the fun has been taken out of this game I love!
Please fix this!

Agent Scully
Dec 23 2009, 06:59 PM
Time out is driving me nuts, pre 22 update i had very few problems with time out and when i did i was usually able to get it to kick back in but not any more since 22nd,,,now it is almost every time and it seems to be more when plowing.

It doesn't matter if i take it easy or go at a fast pace nothing stops it from happening, i lose jobs more now then ever before which is making this seem pointless.

Sorry to be the "moaner" but if it isn't working for me then i need to say so.

Aussie Kate
Dec 23 2009, 07:09 PM
Thank Gawd - we are back to normal!!! More than 2 hrs to do plow and harvest on a farm yesterday - today approx 4 mins. Thank you , thank you, thank you. The game has become fun and exciting again. You all deserve the best Christmas ever.
You have made this Aussie girl happy again.

cubble
Dec 23 2009, 07:10 PM
Worked today with the new upgrades - no issues to report at all.... no server errors, no time outs... just fast harvesting and plowing.... Bravo!

thanks for all that you do - this game is the best!

Cara

sleepy_user
Dec 23 2009, 07:17 PM
Wow. Just lost all the xp for planting my farm because I made and exit to the market. Before, it would just finish paying out when I went to the market. I didn't have to WAIT for my xp or coin to accumulate. THIS SUCKS. I don't have to time to watch my avatar work. 12/22 was a disaster!!!!!!! Change it back!!!!!

Pops Fun
Dec 23 2009, 07:18 PM
I have just come off a field after my first hire of the day. In comparison to last nights working in the field, I found this to be much, much better, and even better than before. For me, you can leave it as it is now. The only one problem I have is finding out too late that plots have already been done....sort this then we have perfection IMO.

The program ran well except for the "already done" problem;)

merry christmas

Sandie Angel
Dec 23 2009, 07:19 PM
Thank you for your continuing efforts to bring Farm Town to a better game for all to enjoy!! I like this newer updates because I love seeing my avatar flying all over those fields that I have clicked on. Even though it may still take me some time to get to those fields that I had clicked on, but once I got there, my avatar was like magic, it flies all over those fields that I have clicked. WOW!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!!

Thank you for your continuing efforts in upgrading this game!!

Sandie Angel :)

RosieB49
Dec 23 2009, 07:23 PM
Wonderful, thanks for making this game fun again. Love, love, love this game.

ldyump
Dec 23 2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks for bringing back the older version. It is also much faster. Very enjoyable to be able to harvest and plow in a reasonable time. Please consider limiting the number of people who get hired for a job. Sometimes it is ridiculous the number of people in one room. Thanks for all you do.:)

BabySister
Dec 23 2009, 07:29 PM
The new release works for me but now when I go to the market
to hire to plow, it says I cannot because I have not reached
Acclaimed Farmer Status. But I am a 47. ALso sometimes
I cannot even communicate or type in the chat bar??? THANKS

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 23 2009, 07:33 PM

Level doesn't mean anything for hiring to plow. It's the number of neighbors for hiring to plow. You need 10 neighbors.

Capt. Conor
Dec 23 2009, 07:38 PM

you need 10 neighbors to plow mate, the level you are on has nothing to do with it.

OhComeNow
Dec 23 2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks for listening to your users. Played the game today, harvesting and plowing - and queuing once more - with other workers, and everything went fine. Love love love the supersonic speed, even though the avatar looks funny jerking along. Just reduce the harvester size, and it will be perfect.

I never had an issue with lost xps or coins before the 22nd upgrade anyway.

*Clap clap clap** Bravo!

RealEstateCarol
Dec 23 2009, 07:41 PM
I agree with ccalby. Can you just put it back the way it was? If it's not broke, don't fix it.

wdowns
Dec 23 2009, 07:42 PM
I would like to have the old way back. The reason is because the way I harvest and plow, my avatar gets in the way. Also, even when I am next to where I am harvesting, the first spot will harvest, but it takes about 3 seconds to show before I am able to click on the next one that is connected to it. I never had problems with the last upgrade with loosing coin or xp, but with this one, I am constantly loosing it.

Also, for other people and the confusion, Please have it to where only one person can be hired to harvest and one person to plow. This would help alot. I don't like it when I have to fight other people that are hired to do the same thing I am hired to do. Normally when someone hires more than 2 or 3 (depending on the farm) I end up leaving and not even bothering to do what I am hired to do.

Jomama1152
Dec 23 2009, 07:45 PM
IT IS PERFECT! Please don't change a thing! I love it
Thank you thank you thank you ........................

Capt. Conor
Dec 23 2009, 07:51 PM
I would post all issues in the OFFICIAL update thread, now that one has been created
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285298

Rendezvous Ranch
Dec 23 2009, 07:55 PM
This is something I ask you developers to look into:

I was hired first to harvest at someones farm. Being there ahead of time gave me the opportunity to click away. Thus, I ended up having twenty or so plots in que. Moments later, someone who was hired after me shows up, clicks on the same plots I already had in que, and he ends up getting credit for it. I don't think this is right, as it should be whoever clicks on the plot first, shall get the coins.

Game long enough to see what I'm talking about. This has happened often to me today, that I had to share my discovery. I hope you can fix this as it seems unfair to whoever gets to the farm first.

Thanks

silvia8917
Dec 23 2009, 08:01 PM
Thank you for the new-new update! Being able to click quickly is much more fun than waiting.

I've observed more collision, though. I can't see many of the fields already harvested/plowed as harvested/plowed, resulting in more futile effort in clicking on those fields. Another problem is that sometimes the person who clicks later gets the coins, which is not really fair.

Badlands Farmer
Dec 23 2009, 08:17 PM
One little thing I noticed tonight is that when doing someone's trees that are planted very close together, the harvester is so large that it's hard to get to the tree needing done. Also, the 'Ready to Harvest' words are nearly on top of the area we need to get to.

But other than that and the fuel issue, I'm loving this release.

Allizber
Dec 23 2009, 08:18 PM
I don't like how the Avatar behaves now especially with the wya it jumps around. if you don't hit blocks just right, nothing happens. It's still taking twice as long to plow and harvest.

Capt. Conor
Dec 23 2009, 08:18 PM
Thank you for the new-new update! Being able to click quickly is much more fun than waiting.

I've observed more collision, though. I can't see many of the fields already harvested/plowed as harvested/plowed, resulting in more futile effort in clicking on those fields. Another problem is that sometimes the person who clicks later gets the coins, which is not really fair.

I didn't have to wait, I clicked save and received the cornfirmation

Snappy Dungarees
Dec 23 2009, 08:23 PM
Devs the updates are great and I love them. Please can you NOT limit the amount of hires a person can have on their farms like people are demanding. It should be down to individual choice and I'm sick of people thinking they can demand that be taken away from us when they have the choice to just leave if they don't like multiple hires. If this goes ahead it will be a very sad day in FT indeed. :(

leo the cat
Dec 23 2009, 08:29 PM
Hi guys, thanks for a great game.

Okay, I still cannot que plots when plowing Have just finished a job and not a que in sight.

Harvesting is like dragging a lead weight around with you. Tried a harvest this morning and if i tried to go to quickly the server promptly dropped me like a hot brick. Did some experimenting and found that if i waited for my beard to grow an inch before each click the server held on to me

Seeding is as slow as a month of wet Sundays. I tried each alternative method this morning and with each mouse click, had to wait for the avatar to log the action and move to the next plot.

I can appreciate the balance you are trying to strike between speed, maintaining xp and coins et cetera, so it's not a walk in the park for you guys.

Hope you find the feedback informative and useful.

Keep up the great work and with persistance it will all come together.

Cheers

anstar
Dec 23 2009, 08:31 PM
I could have sworn I posted about this but it's gone now, so I'll try again.

Regarding the fuel tank...
Once upon a time, you could plant, harvest, whatever and once you ran out of fuel, it would not let you perform said function anymore. You would get a notice saying you were out of fuel. I don't get that notice anymore. I can click merrily along, planting my entire farm and then if I do run out of fuel, the avatar keeps moving along, but instead of planting, I get the 'need more fuel' notice each time. You can't refuel while it's doing this either. If you try, you get a pop up that says you are still busy working the farm.

Could we please return to the original?

lulu836
Dec 23 2009, 08:32 PM
Agree completely.

scrosses
Dec 23 2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks prpwash for your comment. As is usual all people can't be pleased all the time. I too only hire two people. When I am on farms with many other frms..it is like "beess" swarming..or grubs "grubbing". That's why I enjoyed the old/new way. It was more orderly and all my XP's were counted & coins etc. So I hope this "new"version of the old new version works..and I know the creators try very hard to make this fun as well as challenging. It was nice to hear someone else felt the same about the orderly part of it.

PlowGirl68
Dec 23 2009, 08:40 PM
The bugs are still not fixed. I am experiencing issues where fields appear to be harvested and ready to plow, however, they have been plowed by another player. I am wasting time and earning zero XP. Please make this game fun again.
Thank you.

BarbieAnn
Dec 23 2009, 08:44 PM
I agree that the sizes of the veggies/equipment pictures need to be much smaller. It really distracts me when I plant/plow/harvest.

teejcee44
Dec 23 2009, 08:49 PM
Look, I don't like any thing about the changes. Period. Nothing works as well as it did previous to 12/22. Nothing. It just plain sucks. All you are doing is alienating everyone who can remember how it worked before. I am NOT getting points any better now, and seems to be WORSE. This is just stupid.

Tyler45
Dec 23 2009, 08:50 PM
Great job!!!

teejcee44
Dec 23 2009, 08:53 PM
And by the way. Even though you say your changes are to improve when you are hired, it simply MESSED up my personal work on my own farm. I can't do anything like I was. This thing about ALREADY DONE, should be removed. Quit telling me something is already done. It worked fine before this change for me. Now, i plowed a very large field for someone, and all I got was ALREADY DONE. It looked like I was plowing, acted like i was plowing, and should have given me points like i was plowing, but NO! I didn't get ANY points when I was done! Ridiculous! You said you were going to put it back the way it was prior to 12/22, but all you did was tweak it,and make it faster to make getting no points FASTER! It isn't working. Get it?

debjones334
Dec 23 2009, 08:55 PM
I just got finished harvesting and plowing for someone, and I thought it was super. I had so much fun making my avatar speed around the field. I play the game for fun, not for profit. So, when she can buzz around having a good time and getting the job done even faster than before, what's the problem? However, when I hired a person to do my farm, he thought it was too hard. He had to leave, but on the bright side, I was able to hire another person, and she and I got along great! Good job guys/gals, keep up the good work, the upgrades/changes are great, warts and all! Merry Christmas and Happy farming

PattiLou
Dec 23 2009, 09:10 PM
Since all the "changes" it seems that my avatar is going quicker, but it is taking forever for the points and coins to be added to my totals... and if I try to leave a farm that I have been working on, it won't let me.... then if I try to go back to the marketplace, it will eventually let me, but then I get the old coins and xp points flashing above my hear very SLOWLY... this is driving me nuts... please fix it..
thanks

PegasiMoon
Dec 23 2009, 09:24 PM
Ok, so now i'm getting really peeved... Still Having the same issues that I did before. Harvesting for someone and getting what I think are the crops I've harvested only to find out "ALREADY DONE" I am really beginning to hate that phrase.

FIX THIS!

a suggestion maybe?
Is there a way to have the game Show us as New hires arriving after someone else what they already have harvested, or what they have in Que? If so why hasn't this been done?

I am Sick and Tired of Being Cheated out of the Coins I am supposed to have Earned.

Addicted to FarmTown, But not loving it so much anymore.
Kat

tjleers
Dec 23 2009, 09:26 PM
Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul

Thank you so much for listening. I am happy with the way things are running here now. I have 2 facebook accounts and 4 farms total plus take care of my daughters farm and my sisters farm at times. The version last night was just horrible. Thank so much for changing it.
God Bless and Merry Christmas to all of you !!!!!!

dadof4
Dec 23 2009, 09:39 PM
:)I screamed pretty loud yesterday,tonight is much better. I may complain but i also give credit when its due, this is probably the best fix so far. thanks for listening and all the hard work Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul

SPOTSROCK
Dec 23 2009, 09:42 PM
all ready done is an issue now.. wasn't before.. we can harvest a wee bit faster BUT if we have to jump to the other side of the field.. we still have to wait for the aviator to go under / thru and around before we can continue to harvest .. by the time aviator is there.. someone else harvested the field..
and
I am getting booted off more then ever.. seems every other farm i just barely get started and i have to re connect with the green arrow.. of course losing that job.. :(
This happens often... never was a problem for me before.. never got booted..
Again , thanks so much for listening and trying to fix this for us.. FT is a great fun game .. and i hate getting frustrated with it..

if i could vote.. Change it back to the way it was..

thanks for listening..

Lil' Ant
Dec 23 2009, 09:44 PM
Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul

Hot diggity dog and ant pee!!! Best time ever going into the marketplace and getting hired..... the harvesting was SO FAST!! I stopped to make sure I wasn't seeing things....... the plowing? Well, let me just say..... FREAKING TERRIFIC!!! I hope you keep everything just the way it is, FarmTown has never been this much fun!!! I can't wait to go back and get another job!! Don't know what you did, don't care, I just know that all the improvements to date are THE BEST OF ANY GAME OUT THERE!!
Me and the 30 friends (or so) I have are THRILLED!!!!!! You guys are the best!

SPOTSROCK
Dec 23 2009, 10:02 PM
just got booted off three jobs in a row.. ! arggggg .. i get the connection needs to be connected or what ever it says.. click the green arrow... i do and i re boot.. ALL OVER AGAIN...

Please fix this.... others in the market place are saying that they too are getting booted often....

Thanks for listening..

good night ..not worth the frustration anymore this evening..

:(

LChambliss
Dec 23 2009, 10:03 PM
I am very disappointed. Now, I am getting timed out even more than before the fix before last. Additionally I have worked for 3 people today and got timed out on 2 as well as getting no coins or xps for work done. The slash and burn players still chase me around no matter where I try to work. When I work on my own farm it tells me already done. I dont understand the issues with the last version, but it was an incredible improvement for me with less time outs and much fewer lost coins and xps. I do understand computers and have read your advice and followed the instructions to the T. I am a facebook user. I do not have exact times of occurances today and didnt know I needed to have that info or I would have taken a pic. This is really awful. I was able to harvest and plow an entire farm moderate size in less than 20 minutes...now I cant get much done or even obtain 1/2 of the coins and xps. :(

LChambliss
Dec 23 2009, 10:10 PM
I agree that the sizes of the veggies/equipment pictures need to be much smaller. It really distracts me when I plant/plow/harvest.

Yes! I do NOT understand why the graphics for seeds, harvesting...etc ahve to be so huge they are in the way. I am pretty blind but not THAT bad LOL

annnieq
Dec 23 2009, 10:12 PM
I keep getting booted off larger jobs, it's happened about four or five times today. The funny thing is, it's not happening on the smaller farms, only the larger ones, where you want the coins and the xp.

This is more frusterating that losing coins and xp.

My two cents worth today! Thanks for listening and Merry Christmas!

pamfosterling
Dec 23 2009, 10:28 PM
Thank You Thank You Thank You for returning the game to the way it was before the Dec. 22nd changes. I appreciate your listening and your quick response. It is now a pleasure to play again.
KUDOS to the developers!

Kathb
Dec 23 2009, 10:34 PM
It may have pleased some and I can say I was not as happy with the change but tonight I could not compete with anyone it was very frustrating and not fun at all. I understand different computer power but before you changed 'back' from
Dec 22nd change and before the previous change(prior Dec 22nd) I seemed to have better luck. Maybe you can do something inbetween??

Mustaine's Woman
Dec 23 2009, 10:35 PM

Err, they didn't actually promise it....Raul said MOST LIKELY......read his post properly please.

janisko
Dec 23 2009, 10:35 PM
I posted earlier about all of the current and on-going issues I'm having but this evening I harvested and plowed at a farm all by myself. NO ISSUES! I didn't time out, my avatar flew like greased lightening, even keeping up with the harvesting and plowing, coins and xp's were added immediately at each click.

WHAT A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!

Other than fuel issues and the problems when working with other employees I couldn't be more thrilled. The issues when working with other employees include timing out, not getting paid, very slow progress, huge numbers of false clicks when plowing, losing plowed fields that are in queue to be added in (over-plowed by other employees) and having to stick around for 20-30 minutes until pay accumulates.

I hope you developers don't have ulcers from the goings on of the last few days. Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukah/Happy Kwanza and Happy New Year. :o)

Capt. Conor
Dec 23 2009, 10:36 PM
Devs the updates are great and I love them. Please can you NOT limit the amount of hires a person can have on their farms like people are demanding. It should be down to individual choice and I'm sick of people thinking they can demand that be taken away from us when they have the choice to just leave if they don't like multiple hires. If this goes ahead it will be a very sad day in FT indeed. :(

I agree, just try and fix it please

FarmerGail
Dec 23 2009, 10:36 PM
Picked and plowed 2 large farms. Worked great - took only about 25 minutes total. I like having the queing back. Seems faster to me...

bdog1963
Dec 23 2009, 10:42 PM
KUDOS to the DEVS this revision of the 12/22 rollout is definitely a step in the right direction. Having a few issues timing out... that said this is still the best configuration so far.
Just a couple thoughts NOT GRIPES The seed bag could be smaller for sure. and an option to turn the red/greenplow grid on or off in the wrench menu would be awesome!
Anyway keep on keepin on ...this latest revision is is on the right track for sure!~
One glitch i did find the big seeder no longer stops when you're out of fuel resulting in extra work reseeding if you run out!!!

allow me 2 plow plz
Dec 23 2009, 10:59 PM
thanks raul yous have done a good job one again thanks

kennywood™
Dec 23 2009, 11:10 PM
While I'm still getting an incredible lag that slows everything down to a crawl when I plow (and I have to wait for my avatar to "catch up" (though it doesn't really "catch up", but still adds points/coins while I watch after I've clicked through everything) once the lag lets up I've never seen my avatar move so fast!!!!! And when I'm harvesting now...WOW...that little guy is on some jacked up speed (whereas he used to be on crack ha!) Good job reverting things back to the way they were and doing whatever you did to make things even faster (at least it's faster for me...except, of course, for that lag I mentioned, which, unfortunately, I've had for the LONGEST time now).

anotherfarmer
Dec 23 2009, 11:31 PM
I have to get this out, i really HATE this all ready done ****, what a waste of time ..........

mac22
Dec 23 2009, 11:52 PM
Get rid of "already done" IMO that results in more lost coins. (and thanks for everything you do.) Enjoy Christmas. We can all live with or without FT for a little bit longer. Enjoy the holidays.

KimmieKim
Dec 23 2009, 11:55 PM
just had 2 jobs.

1) one worker (me) and boss on farm. speed was good etc... yeah.
2) +4 workers plus boss plus late hires for plow. It let me click about 4 plots before it started queing them to harvest and then it crept to a HALT... super slow motion... and then I got to watch a redhead reharvest all the ones I'd clicked. THEN it booted me. brilliant...

so maybe this upgrade is good for 1:1 work but for those who hire mass farmers at once, it really leaves a bad taste in your mouth... so I am left with hoping a buddy or neighbor is online to do mine or I do them myself (welcome back to FarmVille)... and one of the fun parts of farmtown was getting work on nights my crops were growing but a repeat of #2 above sucks and I'm not keen.

I don't know the fix, it just makes it easier for me to put this game aside for a while.

Jaysgirl
Dec 24 2009, 12:01 AM
I love that you took it back to the faster harvesting and plowing as it saves so much time. I am experiencing lots of difficulty on and off all day in the market.. One min it shows names as to who is talking and then it doesn't so you don't know who is talking and the hiring requests won't go through until you go to someones farm and they hire you there. It makes it vry difficult to hire or get a job when you cannot see names. But I do love the fact that you fixed the extremely time consuming harvesting and plowing. I am back to enjoying working at my farm and others. Matter of fact.. as of right now ppl in the market are having trouble hiring .. The requests won't go through and there aren't any names. I know you're still trying to work out the glitches but I just thought I would let you know about these couple things.. Thanks so much Oh.. and your super fast avatar is the bomb!!!

Molly Mew
Dec 24 2009, 12:02 AM
Okayyy..

Just did a harvesting job from a hire at the MP.
Speed very fast indeed, but yes, the avatar movement is a little distracting. There were other workers there.
About halfway through the job, my coins stopped adding in, and then I couldn't click to harvest the plots, even though I was working a section where no one else appeared to have been and the plots didn't appear already harvested.
Another strange anomoly.. the chat from the MP carried on in the chat box, even though I was quite clearly at the farm, and could see the hiring farmer's words as well as the other workers.

silvia8917
Dec 24 2009, 12:02 AM
Thank you very much for the fix, but the problem of collision when two or more people are doing the same job is really serious. Could you please let us know immediately when a field has been clicked by other people? I don't mind waiting for the coins/xps to load, but waiting for those "already done" notices to pop up one by one is frustrating.

pskrn@aol.com
Dec 24 2009, 12:03 AM
Hello! thank you for fixing many of the issues from yesterday!. I really appreciate the effort you put fortht he appaease so many of us who were 9are) having issues. My major issue today is the constant connection time out. This is happening on almost every hire tonight. Are you working onresolving this, as well? That would be awesome!

Justin Case
Dec 24 2009, 12:13 AM
This game has gotten so slow, it is almost worthless. I harvested and plowed a very small area for someone and when they hired me to harvest their 2nd farm, I never got the rest of my plow points from the first farm. Harvesting moved slower than a snails pace at the 2nd farm. After harvesting the entire field, my avatar had only advanced a very very small section. I gave up and left. I have 10 million buck with nothing to spend it on, so I didn't need the coins. Wanted to stick around to plow, but gave up.

Changes were not good and it didn't go back to the old way. It's terrible. I'm very close to quitting this game.

Justin Case
Dec 24 2009, 12:17 AM
Forgot to add: I am getting hire requests when I am already at a farm working. It's like my avatar is in two places; the marketplace AND someones farm at the same time. Not a bad deal if you don't like what you're harvesting, but frustrating for the person who is trying to hire someone.

medixgrad
Dec 24 2009, 12:23 AM
I am so glad you went back to the old way of harvesting/plowing I also like having a bigger cursor but I think it is just slightly too big.

medixgrad
Dec 24 2009, 12:27 AM
Forgot to add: I am getting hire requests when I am already at a farm working. It's like my avatar is in two places; the marketplace AND someones farm at the same time. Not a bad deal if you don't like what you're harvesting, but frustrating for the person who is trying to hire someone.

Make sure that the message doesn't come from another harvester at the farm you are working at before you decided to accept it. There are some shady players out there that do that to try to get rid of the others so they can have the job all to themselves especially if it's pineapples or another big money crop. They've tried to do it to me a few times but I don't accept any offers that come while I am working on a farm.

Minkydo
Dec 24 2009, 12:40 AM

I totally agree!! Thanks for saying it so well Snappy!

mountainmolly
Dec 24 2009, 12:41 AM
Hello
I was one of the players that always got stuck in the Saving Mode and could not transfer from Harvesting to Plowing. I had the best day playing for the one day Dec 22. My avatar could do anything and quickly too...I got to see how fun this game could be, and got lots of coins and XP's. However, since going back it is now worse for me than before. I cannot even finish a job where I am the only worker. Instead of getting stuck in "Wait, I am Busy" it is now "Already Done" or "You Need More Money." When I do get a plowing job, I do not get credit for the XP's I know I have clicked on. Since I can't seem to finish any job, I also lose coins. I know I am only one person and you can't make everyone happy, but I am now back to trying to get XP's by purchasing things and then selling them. Lose coins that way, but I got lots of them that one day. Playing is agony and frustration again. I do appreciate the work you do though...but is there anything that can be done for me?
Thanks.

keblank
Dec 24 2009, 12:42 AM
thanks for changing it back to the way it was.

Minkydo
Dec 24 2009, 12:43 AM
I like the new updates! Thanks for all the hard work y'all do to make the basically free game WONDERFUL! I am enjoying playing again after a long break!

Charo
Dec 24 2009, 12:50 AM
I do not want such a low limit on hiring. It would make the game slow.

Personally, this is why we need to be able to fire people. If you don't like greedy farmers, fire them and send them back to market.

I personally do not hire anyone who asks for solo work because I see that as being greedy in and of itself, and I resent the sense of entitlement that is behind it. I try to hire only 3-4 at a time for my large farm, as that is sufficient work for everyone to get something done and move on. If you have a slow connection, that's life! Get a better one or deal with it - by getting more friends/neighbors who play during your time zone, and tending to their farms.

When I churn raspberries or other short crops, yes the return is low, but it's work every couple of hours instead of every couple of days and there is more to do over time for more people. A quick jaunt of raspberries nets a little income and allows you to move on without being bored. I personally don't like harvesting a farm full of raspberries because it's boring and low return. I would rather have help and then be able to move on to someone else's farm, who may have other crops. Doing a field full of raspberries and taking 30 minutes means that you miss an opportunity to harvest someone else's more lucrative crops.

If someone gets mad about having other people help with short crops, they can just leave and look for another opportunity. It's a free world.

SPOTSROCK
Dec 24 2009, 01:21 AM
this time out deal reminds me of when i first started FT and we would go into time out and have to click on the GREEN C to over ride it... well now i am going into time out often and there is no fix , no clicking the green C .. i just LOSE THE JOB and re boot..

VERY very frustrating..

please fix this .. the harvesting and plowing seem to be fine this way other then the harvest tool IS HUGE ... but the time out is making me crazy ..

brother yoder
Dec 24 2009, 01:28 AM
I think this is a keeper. Thanks so much

Dad11
Dec 24 2009, 01:30 AM
FT is looking a lot better, now. Harvesting is quite acceptable, for me, so far. I'd still like to see us be able to turn off the little red/green plot that surrounds the cursor during plowing. It's a lot less confusing not having that plot twitching around, trying to align with the field space under it. It is accidentally off, sometimes, and things work so much better. Thanks to all of the developers and helpers. Merry Christmas. Dan

lovethis
Dec 24 2009, 01:49 AM
i am gettting joining room and never getting to entered until job done --- i beg u to fix whatever is going i i have to use dial up alot and struggle more than others i feel but have made it to level 60 . I would not have if it had been this way the whole time. timing out and the not getting anywhere fast!

laurenjoyrne
Dec 24 2009, 01:49 AM
I am so slow now. Thank you for attempting to fix something and managing to make it absolutely worse in the process. Harvesting and plowing are no longer fun or enjoyable. These are terrible changes. :mad:

Sapai
Dec 24 2009, 01:55 AM
Whoa! Any mirrors in your house?

edited for emphasis
Personally, this is why we need to be able to fire people. If you don't like greedy farmers, fire them and send them back to market.

I personally do not hire anyone who asks for solo work because I see that as being greedy in and of itself, and I resent the sense of entitlement that is behind it.

When I churn raspberries or other short crops, yes the return is low, but it's work every couple of hours instead of every couple of days and there is more to do over time for more people. I personally don't like harvesting a farm full of raspberries because it's boring and low return.

adrianne65
Dec 24 2009, 01:57 AM
I just left a farm that I had completely plowed. The last section of the farm was about 100 plots. Another plower was hired before my avatar could get over to the last section and plowed it after I had already finished it. The other plower got the coins and xp's!! When my avatar finally made it over there, all I got was "Already done...already done...already done...etc."

I thought that the changes had been made to PREVENT the loss of coins and xp's. Pre-update, I NEVER lost any coins or xp's because I hit the save button after I finished every job. Since the update(s), I've lost coins and xp's on EVERY SINGLE PLOWING JOB I've had except one, where I was the only one plowing.

This is very discouraging and not fun at all!! Please reverse these updates and restore the game to what it was before December 22nd. Thank you!! :(:(:(:(

Ann Winters
Dec 24 2009, 02:07 AM
I am still not having one bit of trouble. I've really never experienced some of the things mentioned here. I've never experienced the time-out problems either. Some of the minor glitches I have experienced, have fixed themselves in time. Overall, given time the enhancements and upgrades usually turn out to be a plus. I love the latest change.

lgselby
Dec 24 2009, 02:08 AM
ok, i am going to tolerate the changes since its better than yesterday however can we get rid of the HUGE seed bag and SCYTHE that is taking up a lot of room and making it difficult to maneuver? I am getting real close to leaving this game and it is my all time favorite so please do something with those PIX

Leonielaj
Dec 24 2009, 02:11 AM
I think you are doing a great job. I like the fact my avatar is so much faster but halfway through harvesting it wouldn't harvest any more despite being re-hired 3 times. I had to buddy the farmer and reboot. However it is much better. PLEASE can you make it so we can 'gift' farmtown coins. I'd love to give some to friends and family for Christmas but is a bit late now but birthdays are still an option. I like the idea of only hiring a one or two people - I have at level 60 and have the full expansions and only ever hire 2 people maximum. Happy Christmas

Ann Winters
Dec 24 2009, 02:14 AM
ok, i am going to tolerate the changes since its better than yesterday however can we get rid of the HUGE seed bag and SCYTHE that is taking up a lot of room and making it difficult to maneuver? I am getting real close to leaving this game and it is my all time favorite so please do something with those PIX

HI,

Ok, I guess something else was done since I last did any farming. What huge "seed bag and scytle" are you talking about? I didn't notice a difference in the size of the tools.

raindrops300
Dec 24 2009, 02:17 AM
Thank you for listening. Today was definitely better than last night. However, it is sometimes hard to tell what is going on with the people around you. I jump around, they jump around, etc. Whenever I am finished harvesting/plowing my avatar just seems to wander around and I cannot control even if I drop the harvester/plow.
For the first time, I lost coins and XPs also. I was watching them very closely because I was about to level up. I hired for two jobs from the MP and harvested/plowed on both. After finishing both, I checked and my XP's were the same.
Good try tho.

muffin58
Dec 24 2009, 02:52 AM
I was very frustrated yesterday morning, with the "fix" that was made. By last evening, the fix had been fixed so I could enjoy my fix of FarmTown! Thank you devs. You listened to our complaints and made things so much better in such a short period of time. Much appreciated. Now would you please reduce the size of the cursors again--the harvesting tool, especially. That's a bit annoying when trying to harvest, especially while having to dodge my avatar. But it's SO much better!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Patsy Anne
Dec 24 2009, 03:13 AM
Tks Raul for all your hard work
BUT - whilst I prefer this latest way of working - being able to move quicker than the Avatar I am definitely not getting credit for the work done when I am in a room with someone else. Whilst the squares look like they need harvesting/plowing and I seemingly get there first (and I am pretty quick!) - I then see that the squares are changing differently to that which I did them, and my credit coin and/or xp does not move and i get, like others above ALREADY DONE come up instead when they were NOT according to my screen and my working. Please help .... its really frustrating
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=<544514642>

patternmaker
Dec 24 2009, 03:44 AM
well,something is wrong. I just harvested a whole field of pineapple and received only a few coins. The "already done" started flashing over areas I had harvested. Did someone else get my coins? Went to do another job. VERY slow took forever. Went to the market place and stood frozen while coins floated over my head....this is awful!!!

Patsy Anne
Dec 24 2009, 04:22 AM
Hello again
Well I went away and tested what I thought my experience was :
as above and as patternmaker ie - Whilst the squares look like they need harvesting/plowing and I seemingly get there first (and I am pretty quick!) - I then see that the squares are changing differently to that which I did them, and my credit coin and/or xp does not move and i get, like others above ALREADY DONE come up instead when they were NOT according to my screen and my working. Please help .... its really frustrating
Its DEFINITELY happening - I counted clicking on and "harvesting" at least 120 squares yielding 99 coins each and I only got 19 squares worth - this is not funny as I am working hard to move up levels and am just wasting time and effort now! Please sort this glitch out.
Clearly someone else (and thats not a problem at all) has got to the crop before me but it has not blanked out on my screen so I can see not to go there and clearly double harvesting is happening to others as well. :((((

leo the cat
Dec 24 2009, 04:37 AM
Hi Raul,

I am intrigued by some of the comments here re:plowing. I have just attempted to plow after being hired. Still unable to que and need to wait untill xp and coins are credited.

Also, thirty seconds or so in to the plowing the server kicked me off, YET AGAIN! I was in full screen view and wonder if this may have had an impact.

Cache has been cleaned, computer re-booted.

Fingers crossed that you can sort this issue with an otherwise great game.

Cheers from Australia

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and hte team.

silky
Dec 24 2009, 04:44 AM
This is horrible for the people that LAYER FARMS!

When you hire to plow you will NOT see your fields being plowed at all. You will be making xps and so is the plower. You do NOT need to REHIRE since its not showing it being plowed. The DOWN side is the plowers can stay ALL DAY LONG AND PLOW! Because the fields are not showing as plowed the person can continue over and over ! Watch who you hire to plow! There is no fire button remember that! You also do not need an entire harvested farm to plow at all. They can plow in one little area all day long.:mad:

luker93
Dec 24 2009, 04:54 AM
I find this so much faster especially the plowing! The hiring is what makes this game unique from all the other ones out there. keep up the great work and thanks for providing us such a great game!

Katie29
Dec 24 2009, 04:55 AM
Thank you for fixing the game.
Have a nice holiday.

willow1962
Dec 24 2009, 04:59 AM
new release
the new harvesting symbol is a nightmare-with the ready to harvest signs and the coins sigh as u harvest u cannot see the crops at all-rubbish

illumi
Dec 24 2009, 05:08 AM
i see its still not rolled back today yet.
Coins and xp are still lagging faaaaaaarrrr behind, really faaaaaarrr behind which still makes me stand ages on a farm.
still getting booted very much. most jobs for harvesting, even if i am first on a farm and mark the plot first.....it shows already done all the way as soon as a second harvester arrives(maybe coins and exp lagging way behind, i really mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy behind, has to do with this being possible). still sucks and makes me upset. what about rolling back, what happened to that??
even if this upgrade works great for some, it doesnt for the majority, and that why it should be rolled back.

lgkreipe
Dec 24 2009, 05:14 AM
developers, while i truly thank you for all of your hard work and trying to fix the bugs that other players were having, i have to admit.... i hate the new launch. I never had any issues up until this latest launch, and it has truly hit hard. I spent over an hour yesterday/this morning trying to hire people to do my farms. id hire one or two, go to the farm with them, and after 10 minutes, they both would leave because it was 'taking too long.' my farms arent exactly covered in plots, and before it would take maybe 10 minutes total for harvest and plow, if i only hired one person. now... it takes alllllll ddddaaaayyyyyy lllllooooonnnnggg..... and at one point i was hired to do a huge farm of pumpkins, i couldnt harvest anything. they only hired me, but every time i clicked on a plot, it said already done, or wait a moment. the farmer kept refreshing his page, to double check he accidentally hadnt hired someone else who had harvested, and everything was still there. it just wasnt 'harvestable.'
truly, im grateful that you are aware of the issues of the players, and want to fix them... but i really hope you'll take off this latest version. i very much miss the old way. that way was so easy, and fast. i never once had an issue with it. I hope there is some compromise that can be reached...

thank you so much for all of your hard work, i do appreciate it!

Sapai
Dec 24 2009, 05:27 AM
This is horrible for the people that LAYER FARMS!

When you hire to plow you will NOT see your fields being plowed at all. You will be making xps and so is the plower. You do NOT need to REHIRE since its not showing it being plowed. The DOWN side is the plowers can stay ALL DAY LONG AND PLOW! Because the fields are not showing as plowed the person can continue over and over ! Watch who you hire to plow! There is no fire button remember that! You also do not need an entire harvested farm to plow at all. They can plow in one little area all day long.:mad:

Advantages are fine as long as they are yours. But let someone else have an advantage, and it's "horrible". Did you ever plow your layered crops more than once to get extra points? Hire your friends to do so? This is no different, other than, the advantage is out of your control. Except it really isn't. You can delete the square and their plowing time is over. Unless you're saving it for one of your friends to come over and plow to their heart's content.

Sheila Buttercup
Dec 24 2009, 05:53 AM
I am very pleased with the speed of harvesting now....the only thing is, although it's nice to see what you are actually planting, more clearly...it is a bit too big.....I plant in patterns and I can't see where I'm planting....but thanks for all your efforts just the same.

Mishy
Dec 24 2009, 06:01 AM
Love the new update, this is so much better than the first update you all did.

Rubbish!!

Will see how much you love it when you've harvested/plowed and haven't had a coin or exp for your efforts because what you were seeing was a figment of your imagination & had already been harvested/plowed by someone else.

susan gardner jimison
Dec 24 2009, 07:05 AM
thanks u thank u, it is working again and i love it!!!! now if u could keep the screen from freezing, ha ha ha every time i clicked on the other avatar to hire to plow it would ask me if i wanted to send a message. good thing it was my sister cause it took me 20 mins to hire her, it would freeze on me every time, thanks again

anotherfarmer
Dec 24 2009, 07:06 AM
I dont find it fun wasting my time clicking items just to be told later that already done, what a waste of time, i not got time to click them all just to test if ready or not......... this makes you just leave a job half way and jobs dont get finished as it is so **** frustrating !!!

cmoore388
Dec 24 2009, 07:09 AM
The issue I have had and I am still having is with the so called "BLINKING". That has everything to do with the flash/static banners at the bottom of the page,,. All these issues started as soon as Farmtown added them. Get rid of them and solve the problem.

This game takes alot of flash to play so you add those banners and it takes it all for them to run and makes the game "BLINK/STAGGER/LAG".

I dont have or have had any problem with this in the past with the Facebook ads on the side of the page. It has all to do with the bottom of the page you can tell that with every move the banner makes your FT game stagger. Understand?

It seems to me its all coming down to the banners placed in the footer of the game page,,, JMO

jasper61
Dec 24 2009, 07:54 AM
Do you know that a virus called bloodhound is being downloaded onto my computer everytime I access the marketplace? My software puts it in quarantine. Is this a know issue?

peter32
Dec 24 2009, 08:21 AM
Do you know that a virus called bloodhound is being downloaded onto my computer everytime I access the marketplace? My software puts it in quarantine. Is this a know issue?

be more specific about the virus name and its probably a facebook add

capricorn1
Dec 24 2009, 08:27 AM
new release
The new harvesting symbol is a nightmare-with the ready to harvest signs and the coins sigh as u harvest u cannot see the crops at all-rubbish

Those huge tools - harvesting, seeding - do not let the player focus on the field he intends to work on.

Farm town project team probably needs to refresh their knowledge of "Human factors in Design" .

If the huge tools are meant to help those having poor eyesight and the elderly, offer them as an option to those that need them.

Do not force them on those who have good eyesight.

Regarding the "ALREADY DONE" message when multiple harvesters work on a farm, the issue is timing and my guess is that balancing of queues is dramatically off. This has gone out of control, as a result of trying to fix other problems.

The result is loss of feedback; the worst problem for an interactive game. The team probably thinks that they will fine tune the queuing parameters and the timing parameters "on the fly". Releasing this version is not good judgment.

In any event, the timing parameters are hugely off. This is not beta testing - this is alpha testing, better left for in-house testing.

Last but not least, Fixes are meant to actually improve the game experience; not degrade it.

Hey fellows, keep up the good work:
PLEASE DO NOT RELEASE FIXES THAT DEGRADE GAMING EXPERIENCE.

maewest
Dec 24 2009, 08:34 AM
I don't think i like this new way........just lost a ton of xp this morning.......i plowed and then someone else plowed over the top of it and got the points......all i got was..."already done"........not sure how long i will keep playing if it stays like this. Luv this game..........i know it takes alot of work to make this game work, Hopefully it won't take too long to get it back into working order again. Thanks

krbrown2000
Dec 24 2009, 08:38 AM
Well said! Applause!

Just planted a bunch of four-day crops. It'll be interesting to check back and see if things have settled down a bit. Right now, it's too volatile to even mess with.

Hope everyone has a happy holiday!

Those huge tools - harvesting, seeding - do not let the player focus on the field he intends to work on.

Farm town project team probably needs to refresh their knowledge of "Human factors in Design" .

If the huge tools are meant to help those having poor eyesight and the elderly, offer them as an option to those that need them.

Regarding the "ALREADY DONE" message when multiple harvesters work on a farm, the issue is timing and my guess is that balancing of queues is dramatically off. This has gone out of control, as a result of trying to fix other problems.

The result is loss of feedback; the worst problem for an interactive game. The team probably thinks that they will fine tune the queuing parameters and the timing parameters "on the fly". Releasing this version is not good judgment.

In any event, the timing parameters are hugely off. This is not beta testing - this is alpha testing, better left for in-house testing.

Last but not least, Fixes are meant to actually improve the game experience; not degrade it.

illumi
Dec 24 2009, 08:45 AM
Yes its terrible
I fly through a harvest and have to stick around a long long time to wait for the coins and exp to catch up with me...like in this piture. luckily i got a solo job..but my coins and exp add so slow, if there had been another harvester, they wouldnt have had a problem stealing my coins from the other crops that havent added up in coins yet.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=13102&pictureid=31774

As you can see I have all the crops harvested and the coins that are adding up aren't even added for half of the job.......

Connecting to town mainframe (WF51) ...<<<i think this is my server. some said the slow adding might be a server issue.

ronkitz
Dec 24 2009, 08:48 AM
Where do we start?

1) Yes harvesting and plowing are painfully slow and inaccurate.

2) Largest feed sacks I have ever seen. Too Big!

3) Get hired and cannot get to the farms. People come back to the marked and ask why I did not come to their farm after being hired.

4) Too SIX attempts to get my neighbor to get the hire message.

5) Big Seeder runs out of fuel and deletes remaining seeded fields. Have to refuel and seed all over again. I assume the harvester will do the same.

Sapai
Dec 24 2009, 08:57 AM
I want to apologize to the forum members for being such a jerk sometimes. It is clear that there are many members much more qualified and effective to offer constructive feedback. I'm a passionate double Leo, if that covers any of my transgressions.

It looks like my keyboard is going on the blink; and that will be to the forum's advantage. Thank you, fellow farmers, for bolstering my confidence in the game development process.

KimmieKim
Dec 24 2009, 08:59 AM
I will have about 4 farms between me and my family members that come due tonight/tomorrow and was hoping some of these issues would be considered important enough (ie ALREADY DONE issues) that the developers would have gone back to pre 12/22 and finished their testing of the coin fix but I can see that has not happened. I hope that my masterplan to harvest and plow on Xmas Eve/day doesn't turn into a frustrating experience because that would turn me off entirely.

It is either fun or I don't play, period... being attacked, having coins 'stolen' by lag time/cueing issues, etc... are all things that turn me off.

KimmieKim
Dec 24 2009, 09:00 AM

thumbs up, great post!

Kelsey
Dec 24 2009, 09:04 AM

be more specific about the virus name and its probably a facebook add

Wondering why you've posted this 2 more times since I answered you in your original thread?

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2928926#post2928926

This person has been answered.

christinapimental
Dec 24 2009, 09:05 AM

I just plowed a field and a user plowed over me. so I didnt get the points that I already did. Kept showing already done .whatever that means.. make it more like farmville for plowing without the plow square ..this sucks!

SunnyD
Dec 24 2009, 09:15 AM
I downloaded Firefox browser it has an ad blocker with it... I see no ads not even on the side..... also you can upgrade IE to IE pro and it has an ad blocker though I never used that one....

The issue I have had and I am still having is with the so called "BLINKING". That has everything to do with the flash/static banners at the bottom of the page,,. All these issues started as soon as Farmtown added them. Get rid of them and solve the problem.

This game takes alot of flash to play so you add those banners and it takes it all for them to run and makes the game "BLINK/STAGGER/LAG".

I dont have or have had any problem with this in the past with the Facebook ads on the side of the page. It has all to do with the bottom of the page you can tell that with every move the banner makes your FT game stagger. Understand?

It seems to me its all coming down to the banners placed in the footer of the game page,,, JMO

rockets
Dec 24 2009, 09:16 AM
I LOVE this! Thanks for the great job and Merry Christmas!!!!

Tyler45
Dec 24 2009, 09:18 AM

Get an Adblocker as mentioned above. The ads are placed there by Facebook and Myspace. FarmTown can't do anything about them.

Mastskm
Dec 24 2009, 09:23 AM
For the past two days I've clicked my fingers off plowing/harvesting only to have the game tell me "already done" so I don't money or XPs. I'm not the only one that is having this problem.

JKG
Dec 24 2009, 09:41 AM
Since the latest upgrade, whenever I go to the marketplace, there is no one there. This just started on 23 December.

I have cleared the cache, and tried everything else that has been suggested.

Can you please advise

Thanks,
Robert

dixiegirl
Dec 24 2009, 10:01 AM
I went to market and got hired today to see if things were working better. So here is what happens today.
got Hired... the only one.... things went fine.. harvested fairly quickly. Plowing went well was able to plow and harvest fast and got all points and coins.
Second farm... was working good until the second worker arrived. With their first click I stoped being able to harvest ahead. I got the wait... and saving..
For some reason it appears that the server cant process more than one worker at a time.
Prior to Dec 22 every thing worked good. Can we not roll back to the way things were before 22. I am level 60 and have played since almost the begining. I love this game but the fun is gone..... Bring back the game we love.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
I know the Dev didnt plan on this nightmare before Christmas!!!

dixiegirl
Dec 24 2009, 10:02 AM
I LOVE this! Thanks for the great job and Merry Christmas!!!!

Your joking right????:eek:

Bezzette
Dec 24 2009, 10:08 AM
I had this problem after the last update and managed to solve it by updating my Adobe Flash Player, that worked for me so hope it does for you:)

kmerr50
Dec 24 2009, 10:14 AM
On 12/22 my seeder and fuel disappeared right before my eyes. I clicked to get seeds and poof it was gone. WILL I be getting this back????

Also I have seen over 10000 xps add up in last 3 days....still no level up and that is just since I started recording...have been level 60 for weeks....PLEASE "fix"....:confused:

Tyler45
Dec 24 2009, 10:15 AM
Your joking right????:eek:

I like it too.. Why is it hard for people to think some people actually like it?

Rendezvous Ranch
Dec 24 2009, 10:19 AM
Got jipped from coins again!!!

I was hired first to harvest at someones farm. Being there ahead of time gave me the opportunity to click away. Thus, I ended up having twenty or so plots in que. Moments later, someone who was hired after me shows up, clicks on the same plots I already had in que, and he ends up getting credit for it. I don't think this is right, as it should be whoever clicks on the plot first, shall get the coins.

Game long enough to see what I'm talking about. This has happened often to me today, that I had to share my discovery. I hope you can fix this as it seems unfair to whoever gets to the farm first.

Thanks

krazykatz999
Dec 24 2009, 10:21 AM
I probably don't have anything new to say, but I figured I'd weigh in on this update debate.

Personally, I really don't like it. As a hire, it's frustrating and distracting to have the avatar teleporting to the mouse all the time - I can't see what I'm doing, and I don't realize when I've missed a space until I'm way ahead of it. And, obviously, that "Already Done" message is a big let down.

As the one hiring, if I want to switch my employees over to plowing, it is nearly impossible to click on them. I often find that all the fields are harvested, but the avatars are still jumping all over the place.

I never lost any XP or coins working the old way. I also never had trouble clicking on my hires (unless they were hiding in the trees). Please bring that old method back. Maybe you could make the avatar WALK a little faster (instead of teleporting), or make it harvest/plow faster when it gets to the field, if people are complaining that it takes too long. This update just creates new problems without solving the old ones.

Lady Midnight
Dec 24 2009, 10:39 AM
"A new version was released an hour ago, it is very similar to the way it was before, and at some times it will be even faster as the avatar is still teletransported when is working on close fields",

The problem with this new version that I am experiencing is that while clicking...I end up constantly clicking ON MY OWN AVATAR! and it keeps telling me>>>wait I'm busy therefore delaying the harvesting or plowing.

Also, the server boots me off while I am in the middle of harvesting or plowing job>>>connection to server has timed out<<< we can't be on the server more than 5 minutes? How are we supposed to accomplish anything if we don't have time?

Thanx
Lady Midnight.

shayg
Dec 24 2009, 10:42 AM
I am having the same problem with the plowing as ccalby.. i click on the plots and i get maybe 5 or 10 the rest of the workers goes over mine . i plowed way over half the fieldss and lose all of them but a few..

Lady Midnight
Dec 24 2009, 10:43 AM
I agree with you Kracykatz999 I lOVED the old version. This new version is ver frustrating.

Lady Midnight

Wild
Dec 24 2009, 10:59 AM
all ready done is an issue now.. wasn't before...

I have to get this out, i really HATE this all ready done ****, what a waste of time ..........

Get rid of "already done" IMO that results in more lost coins. (and thanks for everything you do.) Enjoy Christmas. We can all live with or without FT for a little bit longer. Enjoy the holidays.

Before, if the plot had already been harvested by someone else, they got the coins/points for having done it and you didn't. Since there was no notification given, people felt that they were harvesting/plowing and not getting credit for it. Now it tells you that it has already been done so that you will not expect credit that you are not going to get.

we can harvest a wee bit faster BUT if we have to jump to the other side of the field.. we still have to wait for the aviator to go under / thru and around before we can continue to harvest .. by the time aviator is there.. someone else harvested the field...

This is necessary for the stability of the program because the way it was before was causing problems as two (or more) people would reach and click on a plot simultaneously without any way whatsoever of knowing that another user was trying to click on the same plot. They have "fixed it" so that this will happen much less frequently. As long as you click on plots that are in near proximity of your avatar, you should not need to wait until the avatar reaches the location.

It should also be noted that the way it was for the majority of the life of the game you always had to wait until the avatar reached the plot you were trying to work on and often - no matter whether that plot was right there or not, the avatar would go on a "walk about" all over the farm to get to the plot that they were right next to!! Count your lucky stars that they have gotten THAT fixed! :)

richwe3
Dec 24 2009, 11:06 AM
I could have sworn I posted about this but it's gone now, so I'll try again.

Regarding the fuel tank...
Once upon a time, you could plant, harvest, whatever and once you ran out of fuel, it would not let you perform said function anymore. You would get a notice saying you were out of fuel. I don't get that notice anymore. I can click merrily along, planting my entire farm and then if I do run out of fuel, the avatar keeps moving along, but instead of planting, I get the 'need more fuel' notice each time. You can't refuel while it's doing this either. If you try, you get a pop up that says you are still busy working the farm.

Could we please return to the original?

Same thing is happening to me. Please return to the old method of not being able to continue until we have refueled.

Thank you.

aremos
Dec 24 2009, 11:10 AM
Got jipped from coins again!!!

I experienced the same thing, thought i was hired solo, clicked away plowing then hit save. All of a sudden another farmer appeared and was clicking away on what i had just plowed. No i did not get an "Already Plowed" message. Then the other person got all the xp's and i got nothing. This game is no longer fun. It has gone from bad to worse. Why can't this be fixed? I have had problems since the beginning of December and they are not getting any better.

opheeelia
Dec 24 2009, 11:12 AM
The glitch with the seeder is very annoying. I never know when I've "really" run out of fuel. I have to stop, refresh and see how many gallons I have.

Wild
Dec 24 2009, 11:20 AM
The top post of this thread has been edited. Please take another look for the important information posted there which may help to improve your game experience with this newest release.

ed's farm123
Dec 24 2009, 12:11 PM
It's working much better for plowing and harvesting. I had a problem hiring, but once I got that done, everything else (that I've tried) works very good. Thanks for the update.

One note for the people talking about the avatar being 'too fast', skip a row occasionally so he has to walk a little and it'll keep him out of the way. you'll learn.

ed's farm123
Dec 24 2009, 12:14 PM
Same thing is happening to me. Please return to the old method of not being able to continue until we have refueled.

Thank you.

I think what you say is strange, you always could keep right on clicking and couldn't refuel 'til it caught up'

the way around that was to just visit a neighbor and return, it would be caught up and you could refuel. you can still do that. experiment sometimes.

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 24 2009, 12:19 PM
I think what you say is strange, you always could keep right on clicking and couldn't refuel 'til it caught up'

the way around that was to just visit a neighbor and return, it would be caught up and you could refuel. you can still do that. experiment sometimes.

What I think he means is that there is no more notice of "you have run out of fuel". Now it lets you continue and you'll see you need more, but there is no notice.

hilbo
Dec 24 2009, 12:43 PM
quite annoyed. Been trying to level up for the second farm. most times not getting points. i played today and it was great - faster, less time out. however, one big problem is when you are harvesting and plowing you keep getting the already done message. I see lots to do on a farm but it has actually been done by someone elseand is still visable.you end up randomly clicking around to find gaps. horrible.

Jean Woessner
Dec 24 2009, 12:47 PM
Re: first post in this forum
Ccalby said:
"When I work for someone, who hired 3 people for 100 plots, I am clicking in a pattern and when my farmer goes to the to collect my cash, it says already done, this is causing me to lose even more money than before. They farmers, get to the plots before my farmer can get his cash, please just roll it back to its old plowing state Here is a pic"

This is the same problem I am having. I worked diligently at several farms, only to not collect EXP points. The fields show as ready to be plowed but at the end, it begins to show 'already done'. And it's she who is fastest with the mouse who gets the field, I guess, although the ones I clicked on appeared to need plowing. I have a fast computer and a fast connection, actually. I don't care so much about the money but when you are trying to level up, EXP points count.

I know this is just a game, but I won't be hiring more than one person at a time or accepting jobs where more than one person is working until this aspect is fixed.

lulu836
Dec 24 2009, 12:51 PM
On 12/22 my seeder and fuel disappeared right before my eyes. I clicked to get seeds and poof it was gone. WILL I be getting this back????

Also I have seen over 10000 xps add up in last 3 days....still no level up and that is just since I started recording...have been level 60 for weeks....PLEASE "fix"....:confused:

There IS no level after 60

dixiegirl
Dec 24 2009, 01:08 PM
The top post of this thread has been edited. Please take another look for the important information posted there which may help to improve your game experience with this newest release.

I did all of the above (and on Christmas Eve too!!:)) and it did not help.

If I am the only one it is not to bad. I can harvest and plow fairly good. Still avator jumps around and the big tool... but it works.

If I am hired and start and another farmer is hired after me, once that farmer begins I almost completely stop. It is like the server cant process more than one worker. Also even if I am first and have clicked plots (harvest or plow) another worker can come behind me and over click them and get the points and coin. I am wasting my time clickin and working if they can take them.

I understand that all this has to be frustrating for the Dev. They do a wonderful job. But could we please go back to pre Dec 22 status. I can no longert play like this and do not want to give up the game. This is the first time I have ever had problems, just since the changes of 22. Please Please fix!

as an edit.... I went back to market and got hired again. When I harvest. I click, it stall.... I click it stall
it is do one, wait, do one, wait. Stop .. do one... stop... I do not understand what has happened. I have high speed, dsl, and a new puter.. I have always been a fast consistant worker. Now I cant work at all. I think my farmtown addiction is being cured.

Ma Potts
Dec 24 2009, 01:12 PM
My fuel has disappeared too...will it come back? I had about a dozen or so refills and would really love to have them for when I need them!

Happy holidays to all! <3

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 24 2009, 01:12 PM
My fuel has disappeared too...will it come back? I had about a dozen or so refills and would really love to have them for when I need them!

Happy holidays to all! <3

Did you refuel at any point?

lmoreno58
Dec 24 2009, 01:16 PM
I love the fact that you switched back and it is so much better and faster. I love it harvesting so very fast now and dont have that 5 minute or so delay when i was hired to plow after harvesting and the plowing finishes fast too.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GOING BACK AND SPEEDING IT UP.

LOVE FARMTOWN AGAIN:)

lmoreno58
Dec 24 2009, 01:18 PM
I think some dont realize they get the points. It starts giving the points and then even though your avatar is still harvesting it gives you all the points cause i watch . I think others dont realize that. It does it fast.

lmoreno58
Dec 24 2009, 01:21 PM
definately dont want to go back to the way it harvested or plowed since i was one that had to wait minutes and minutes to plow while it finished the harvesting so I am happy its great but the only thing i see is i already harvested and plowed and someone seems to plow over mine but i already plowed the whole farm.

twpogue
Dec 24 2009, 01:34 PM
Hi.
A few comments...
Not sure if it's related to the new release, but I haven't had a single hire finish my plowing completely without crashing. Usually it takes 3 hires, after which I finish up myself. Also, a lot of plots seem to be skipped, even thought they say they have trees turned off. I have to keep hiring people (one at a time) to finish a job. I never hire more than one worker at a time, so I never had a collision problem, or any issues with lost coins or exp. (I leave if I am hired as part of a "team").
My screen shows a worker randomly leaping around the screen (not at all near where they are working), and it is quite distressing to watch.
Also, the HUGE harvest cursor is way too big.
I think I will just do the work myself and wait for things to stabilize.

Lizbet
Dec 24 2009, 01:51 PM
It should also be noted that the way it was for the majority of the life of the game you always had to wait until the avatar reached the plot you were trying to work on and often - no matter whether that plot was right there or not, the avatar would go on a "walk about" all over the farm to get to the plot that they were right next to!! Count your lucky stars that they have gotten THAT fixed! :)

I haven't seen the 'already done' message and I farm daily, in fact far more than I care to admit.

I also have never lost coins or points.

I found the new 'old' version awkward at first, then got right into it and was working just as quickly as, possibly faster than, before.

I haven't experienced problems with the game, in any of its releases, except for the occasional glitch now and then.............. which I think keeps things fun and a little unpredictable. In my early days of playing the most frustrating thing was getting booted in the midst of working. That hasn't happened in many months :-)

I'm a happy farmer.

Farmer Laura T
Dec 24 2009, 02:18 PM
I liked not having to wait for my avitar to catch up to me. I am sad it was sent back to the original way. Now, I can't see the other people harvesting and next thing you know, a square is gone.

I would like to see a limit on how many people can harvest. When somebody hires five or six people, it takes the fun out. I was hired and by the time I got there, the field was whiped clean. This has happened twice and makes the game no fun to play.

Since the switch back, I am having problems hiring farmers. I click on the person, see the notice go up and the person does not respond. I had to try it five times before somebody took the job.

mamadi
Dec 24 2009, 02:31 PM
On a number of jobs I was working today, I get the message that thhe server has timed out. the only way to eliminate the message is to click on the green arrow which takes me back to my own farm and I lose the job! What's up with this?

patternmaker
Dec 24 2009, 02:39 PM
Same thing happened to me Rendezvous Ranch. I had a whole field of pineapple almost done. Another worker came on, and poof all of my coins stopped. I still had the gray "lines" saying they were mine, but I never go the credit :(

teejcee44
Dec 24 2009, 03:36 PM
I harvested a farm, only to find that all the harvesting (except a few at the beginning) were already harvested ("Already Done" message started going off for most of the field), even though it looked like they were free and clear for me to go ahead. This fix really is a mess. What ever you did, has really made things much worse. Up until this fix, i was beginning to like what i was doing. Not any more. There are WAY too many messages popping up as well. Can we dispense with these annoying messages, at least to some degree? Maybe make the messages verbose. You know, 1 means someone already harvested the plow, 2 means you can't harvest this plot until it is planted... etc. The messages are worthless.

ed's farm123
Dec 24 2009, 04:02 PM
Hi.
A few comments...
Not sure if it's related to the new release, but I haven't had a single hire finish my plowing completely without crashing. Usually it takes 3 hires, after which I finish up myself. Also, a lot of plots seem to be skipped, even thought they say they have trees turned off. I have to keep hiring people (one at a time) to finish a job. I never hire more than one worker at a time, so I never had a collision problem, or any issues with lost coins or exp. (I leave if I am hired as part of a "team").
My screen shows a worker randomly leaping around the screen (not at all near where they are working), and it is quite distressing to watch.
Also, the HUGE harvest cursor is way too big.
I think I will just do the work myself and wait for things to stabilize.

I see the same things, have to re-hire several times, skipping around, nobody finishes anything.

I still am much happier with the new harvesting and plowing, much faster.

Patsy Anne
Dec 24 2009, 04:13 PM
I have tried since early this morning (7am uk) until now (10pm uk) and I am so fed up with doing work just to have someone else harvest over me and get the credits. My Avatar does not "teletransport" anywhere in fact its so slow I only get credit for the squares it gets to - meanwhile i am way ahead watching my harvesting/plowing end up as irrelevant. What is up with this? Its so pants. I have cleared the cache, rebooted, etc etc and still no improvement.
I watched my friend harvest and plough my fields and then she watched me harvest hers - her avatar moved quickly with her clicking - mine just acted a tho it was walking through a thick bog. She waited for me to harvest and plow her fields alone - otherwise I would have had a really bum day today.
Please please do something about it - I'm clearly not the only one experiencing the sae thing. At least everyone was playing at the same pace yesterday!
I've really enjoyed the game thus far - but now it's become very disappointing. Please help.

farmerap
Dec 24 2009, 04:20 PM
I have harvested on several farms since the new release and it seems easy and efficient. Wonder why so many people can have such different experiences at the same game? Merry Christmas!

Destiny2
Dec 24 2009, 04:48 PM
I have just worked on a few frams and all I get is already done what is doing on?