PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 22nd, 2009 - UPDATE 3

Raul
Dec 31 2009, 02:59 AM
Hi There,

A new version was released an hour ago, we are working around the clock to try to improve the current version by fixing the most common problems our users are experiencing.

1. There should be a lot less "already-done" messages, on most cases you will never see them during a full hire session

2. When you run out of fuel, you get the feedback immidiately

Please provide any feedback as usual, and thanks for your patience during these latest release.

We are currently working on the slowness of the avatars when working for others.

Thanks

--Raul

Sapai
Dec 31 2009, 03:19 AM
I haven't played since this update. However, I wanted to address one of the late posts from the last thread because I have a solution.

Garden Dana

One issue I have with the new Avatar movement is it is darn near impossible to catch a hired hand and rehire them for plowing!
At least in the most recent version they are close to the end of the work done when they are eligible for rehire.
The other issue I have is if you are clicking near your Avatar, it often interferes with the plot you selected. I have to get around this by sending my avatar elsewhere and clicking fast to stay ahead of him when he starts to catch up. I guess it makes a new mini-game within the game.
This is a great game and I appreciate your continued efforts to improve the game!

Unless it was changed in this new version, ask the worker to click the 'green walk' icon when you are ready to hire them. This stops the jumping motion and they will resume a normal walk speed.

mothernature
Dec 31 2009, 03:33 AM
Well I just got hired to harvest and I really couldn't begin to tell you what happened because so many things were happening...the coins I got for harvesting (beets) ranged from 20 to 50 per plot...then my xp points were looking like they were being affected...i did manage to see that they did move back and forth but only a 1 point margin...add a point then take away a point...so in the end it really did not affect the points but there shouldn't have been any movement...this was a harvest...and why the variation in points awarded for the same crop...I think we just need to roll this back to the release prior to Dec. 22...just my thought...

questions and answers?
Dec 31 2009, 03:45 AM
Same thing happened to me... numbers were flying everywhere.... I should have leveled up and didn't heck I might have even lost XP....also...the time it takes to count coins up and XP is extremely SLOW....I wait and wait at the MP...won't let me be hired, or hire or even move until it's done...on a big farm I have to wait 10 minutes sometimes...cleared cache and all that but it's getting worse

lizziekillin
Dec 31 2009, 04:12 AM
nightmare today. I got hired to harvest - fine. very slow but fine. then they hired me to plow and that is when the nightmare began. it refused to refresh the farm and hire me to plow - I think it was behind in saving coins. Eventually I got hired to plow ok - by which time the other employees had grabbed most of the plowing.
I then got hired to harvest on another farm - great. Then they tried to rehire me to plow - nightmare again. after 3 attempts they added me to their buddy list and I did the same and eventually managed to get home. But no - they had not been added to buddy list at all. luckily they had me and managed to send me a message so I could follow the green man and get over there to be hired. After I had finished plowing the coins and xps continued to change for over 5 minutes after the last field showed as plowed to me.
this new release is not good. there must be some sort of saving issue that needs addressing.
please get it sorted asap please.

JAS0643
Dec 31 2009, 04:18 AM
When you are at a farm where plowing is going on you will see -15 coins +1xp for fields others are plowing. The coins and xps will be deducted and added as you see them on screen. When you leave the farm your coins and xp will be adjusted to where they should be. You will get the coins you lost back and the xps that you got that you did not earn will be taken away from you. If you are harvesting while plowing is going on it will look like you are getting xps for harvesting but you are not it is happening because of the plowing that is taken place on the farm. Another problem with harvesting while plowing is going on you will see different amounts of coins being added but again that is because it is taking the coins for others plowing away they will be added back when you leave the farm.

Here is a screen cap of what is happening.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/jas0643/Farm%20Town/ftp2-2.jpg
(http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/jas0643/Farm%20Town/ftp2-2.jpg)

mothernature
Dec 31 2009, 04:20 AM
Here's another update....another farmer hired me to harvest (he was level 60, so he's been around a while) When I finished harvesting he said to me, "watch this"...he began to plow his own field and I got xp points and I PAID to plow his field...good thing it was only about 50 plots..this is beyond crazy..c'mon guys we need to roll this back...it seems this is causing much stress for everyone, developers included...

lizziekillin
Dec 31 2009, 04:29 AM
my main issue is the fact that I couldnt get hired for plowing - and I am positive it was saving at the time.
I understand jas0643's explanation - but this too is confusing for people - wouldnt it be better NOT to display the transactions rather than confuse people? just show the final amount in the XP and coin counter.

Sensualbliss
Dec 31 2009, 05:25 AM
Okay now there is some crazy sh*t going on, i was just harvesting a field by myself got all the coins slowly as per before,but no one can go over what i have harvested so i get all the coins for all the harvest i do Thank you for fixing that ! BUT Now a new problem... he hired someone else to plow for him and low and behold it's taking 15 coins from ME for each plot she plowed and giving me the 1 experience points !! Be buggerd if i want to pay for someone elses farm to be plowed ??

I was like what the ?? I asked her was she getting the any experience points she said yes , the farmer was also being the charged the 15 coins per plow ???

So it took 15 coins for each one from him and from me and it's not even my farm Hello !!

I know you guys are trying to sought it out and more power to you for listening and giving it a shot, but please i DON"T WANT to pay for some one elses plowing !

UPDATE : I find if i leave straight away i dnt get charged for the plowing ,, i still get my coins for harvesting if i go to the realestate and hit save it takes a minute or so for the coins to stop but all in all i can deal with it, It is a big improvement and i Thank you for fixing the harvesting glitch that i must say was driving me insane lol :)

Hi There,

A new version was released an hour ago, we are working around the clock to try to improve the current version by fixing the most common problems our users are experiencing.

1. There should be a lot less "already-done" messages, on most cases you will never see them during a full hire session

Please provide any feedback as usual, and thanks for your patience during these latest release.

We are currently working on the slowness of the avatars when working for others.

Thanks

--Raul

cindya
Dec 31 2009, 05:40 AM
I don't like this new way of plowing and harvesting...its all messed up..you can see everyones lines.then plowing its all messed up i know i did this one section 5 times grrrr

Agent Scully
Dec 31 2009, 05:43 AM
Okay now there is some crazy sh*t going on, i was just harvesting a field by myself got all the coins slowly as per before, BUT Now a new problem... he hired someone else to plow for him and low and behold it's taking 15 coins from ME for each plot she plowed and giving me the 1 experience points !! Be buggerd if i want to pay for someone elses farm to be plowed ??

I was like what the ?? I asked her was she getting the any experience points she said yes , the farmer was also being the charged the 15 coins per plow ???

So it took 15 coins for each one from him and from me and it's not even my farm Hello !!

I know you guys are trying to sought it out and more power to you for listening and giving it a shot, but please i DON"T WANT to pay for some one elses plowing !

I have just lost money because i too have been charged for plowing someone elses farm.

erinardell
Dec 31 2009, 05:49 AM
Same thing happened to me... numbers were flying everywhere.... I should have leveled up and didn't heck I might have even lost XP....also...the time it takes to count coins up and XP is extremely SLOW....I wait and wait at the MP...won't let me be hired, or hire or even move until it's done...on a big farm I have to wait 10 minutes sometimes...cleared cache and all that but it's getting worse

That is happening to me also, but when I harvest or plow it gives me five coins and takes away 300, and it will go back and forth until done. I ended up with less coins then when I logged on!:mad: Then my gone to waste crops were wasted and I logged off and a hour later the crops were harvestable and only I could harvest, when the farmer hired got there they were wasted and I showed they werent and I could harvest only! The harvest went in storage and i didnt get all the coin for my beets! The farmer was finally able to plow, but after I harvested a plot the plowing was already done, backwards!:confused:

toonsarah
Dec 31 2009, 06:09 AM
The harvesting is now so much better in my opinion - I could see which fields had already been done by someone else so didn't waste time clicking on them. BUT when some of the other workers were hired to plow it went crazy, adding lots of XP to my tally and all sorts of coin additions (and I think subtractions) that were nothing to do with what I was doing. I THINK I may have kept some of the XP though I can't be sure - either way it's mad! But thanks for sorting the "already done" message problem - at least this is progress :-)

cindya
Dec 31 2009, 06:26 AM
this is crazy ...i was at a farm with 4 others and i just finished harvesting...they were plowing and i was being deducted -15 for each of them.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and i wasnt even plowing!!!!

Agent Scully
Dec 31 2009, 06:49 AM
Sorry this fix is no better for me in fact it has got back to being horrendous for timeouts like, i am getting timed out when harvesting and it is not letting me save so i lose out on the harvest then to top it off while i am stuck in timeout land other workers get to do the harvest and the plower starts and i get charged for the plowing LOL, so i end up losing money not earning it, sure i get the XP points but i wish the TIMEING OUT could be fixed.

I like the fact that you can see where other farmers are harvesting, to end on a good note

cindya
Dec 31 2009, 07:05 AM
If more than one person is plowing it will deduct from you..and the more there is plowing the more ur being deducted...i wasnt even plowing and in the room and it was deducting from me..or as soon as someone started plowing it was deducting from me...please fix...

Tyler45
Dec 31 2009, 07:06 AM
Great job developers!!

scubagal
Dec 31 2009, 07:19 AM
Stilll getting lots of "already done" messages when working with others. Can't tell what reallly needs to be harvested/plowed and it's a major delay in getting hired to plow. Also taking very long time to collect coins/points. Avatar stops after all squares clicked, but coin/xp displays individually over each square. It takes a very long time and cannot move, go elsewhere or accept plowing until done. I've given up going to the marketplace until this problem is resolved...thanks for any help you can provide.

kamian
Dec 31 2009, 07:22 AM
hi
I am getting the same thing. Once i have finished harvesting i cannot plow as the coins take forever to load. Then when i leave the farm and go to the marketplace, they are still loading and i can't do a thing. The only way i can get around it is to refresh the page, which then i loose all coins. I love farm town, but this is the only issue i have and it is getting very frustrating.

userm5119
Dec 31 2009, 07:28 AM
Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul

im glad for the update but now when im hired to plow it takes the cost coins from my coins as well as the xp's...not sure if this is where im suppose to post or not as im fairly new to all this complaing stuff

blade 161 uk
Dec 31 2009, 07:29 AM
i have just been hired to harvest by pamela ;after i finished harvesting pamela plowed ' i then noticed that i was being charged 15 coins for the privalidge of pamela plowing her own farm surely this is not right.how many times has this happened without me noticeing.i find this rather unfair

userm5119
Dec 31 2009, 07:33 AM
hmmmmmm i love the fast plowing and harvesting but i dont like the fact that im charged the work fees for e1 involved when it should be coming out of the farm owners till....ive lost xp's as well cuz of this...HELP!!!!!!!!!

Manu Chicken
Dec 31 2009, 07:34 AM
A few minutes ago I realized, that there are 3 fields grown, that should be wasted. <-- Does that have to do with the new update? The crops have been wasted intentionally for months now... And I would love to know if this is due to the update or if I found a bug...

Tyler45
Dec 31 2009, 07:35 AM
A few minutes ago I realized, that there are 3 fields grown, that should be wasted. <-- Does that have to do with the new update? The crops have been wasted intentionally for months now... And I would love to know if this is due to the update or if I found a bug...

Probably due to the update.

illumi
Dec 31 2009, 07:54 AM
I'm very happy that no one can steal the crops out from under my feet anymore. Luckily i have not come across the problem of being charged for plowing for others.
Thanks as well for reverting the changes to the icons, lol, they were too big hahaha...
The only problem now is the slow adding of exp. and coins. But I read you are working on it. Great job. Thanks :D

AVATAR! - GO SEE IT<-----------saw it, loved it :D

Redhedsmom
Dec 31 2009, 08:57 AM
I saw all the numbers flying around this morning as well. Figured it was a glitch as usual. Not sure if I was ever credited correctly. I saw +500; -200; +15; -20; all kind of craziness.

I think we could all live with glitches, missing coins, missing xp, it all works out eventually, if we could just play. Instead we all end up feeling like we're peanut butter stuck to the roof of a dog's mouth, not going anywhere slowly, feeling the grays hairs come in, ourselves dying and well you get the picture.

Tyler45
Dec 31 2009, 09:04 AM
AVATAR! - GO SEE IT<-----------saw it, loved it :D

YES! Glad to hear it :D

ellshere
Dec 31 2009, 09:05 AM
Stilll getting lots of "already done" messages when working with others. Can't tell what reallly needs to be harvested/plowed and it's a major delay in getting hired to plow. Also taking very long time to collect coins/points. Avatar stops after all squares clicked, but coin/xp displays individually over each square. It takes a very long time and cannot move, go elsewhere or accept plowing until done. I've given up going to the marketplace until this problem is resolved...thanks for any help you can provide.

If you were logged into the game when the update was released it may not have updated your farm. Clear your browser, close all browser windows and log back onto the game.

farmergaylord
Dec 31 2009, 09:06 AM
Well I just got hired to harvest and I really couldn't begin to tell you what happened because so many things were happening...the coins I got for harvesting (beets) ranged from 20 to 50 per plot...then my xp points were looking like they were being affected...i did manage to see that they did move back and forth but only a 1 point margin...add a point then take away a point...so in the end it really did not affect the points but there shouldn't have been any movement...this was a harvest...and why the variation in points awarded for the same crop...I think we just need to roll this back to the release prior to Dec. 22...just my thought...

I've been begging for a roll back to pre 12/22 in various threads for at least a week now. My problem was/is I suggested the developers add whatever code needed for the old release so that it limits the number of HIRED HELP (not visitors) to one person per harvest/plow session. Seems a lotta folks here don't want to TEMPORARILY be limited to ONE hired hand even for the amount of time it takes to fix the problem. I dunno why.)

I truly do appreciate the hard work the devs do, but at some point it's gotta become prudent for them to stop releasing updates to the 12/22 version which was a mess, and is getting messier with each update. I suggest they revert back to the older version, and start recoding from there. While the pre 12/22 release was not perfect ... It worked better than every version I've seen since.

Agent Scully
Dec 31 2009, 09:25 AM
I think they have fixed it, the problem with getting charged for others plowing on the farm you are hired to work seems to have stopped,,,,,,,,,,,, and i don't seem to be having as many time outs as earlier either :) which is fantastic, hope the time outs remain minimal as that is my biggest frustration with the game.

Thanks very much everyone,,, Happy New Year to you all.

farmergaylord
Dec 31 2009, 09:35 AM
I think they have fixed it, the problem with getting charged for others plowing on the farm you are hired to work seems to have stopped,,,,,,,,,,,,and i don't seem to be having as many time outs as earlier either :) which is fantastic, hope the time outs remain minimal as that is my biggest frustration with the game.

Thanks very much everyone,,, Happy New Year to you all.

I think you're confused. The problem isn't/wasn't "others" being charged for a farm you plowed, it was YOU being charged (instead of being credited for) plowing the farm.

Anyway, glad you are not experiencing as many time-outs. :-)

And a Happy, HEALTHY New Year to you, and everyone else reading this as well.

capricorn1
Dec 31 2009, 09:49 AM
NICE :):):)

KUDOS to the programmer who fine tuned the protocols :):):):)
and
got rid of "Already done".

HAPPY NEW YEAR:):):)

Agent Scully
Dec 31 2009, 09:49 AM
No i was getting charged for plowing when on someone elses farm even though i was not plowing nor was it my farm, not confused but maybe my previous post was confusing.

I have however spoke to soon about the TIME OUT it is still bad grrrrrrrrr.

Tyler45
Dec 31 2009, 09:54 AM
No i was getting charged for plowing when on someone elses farm even though i was not plowing nor was it my farm, not confused but maybe my previous post was confusing.

When you go back to your farm, you should get the money back.

farmergaylord
Dec 31 2009, 09:58 AM
If more than one person is plowing it will deduct from you..and the more there is plowing the more ur being deducted...i wasnt even plowing and in the room and it was deducting from me..or as soon as someone started plowing it was deducting from me...please fix...

Yup. It's either in the game code, or as others have suggested, it's a server issue in that the servers can't keep up with, or properly track, multiple workers.

Which is WHY I've been BEGGING for the developers to TEMPORARILY limit hires to one person per harvest/plow session until they can figure out what the problem is. But hey? What do I know, right? Well I know THIS:

If I only hire one worker at a time, there's never a problem with workers getting properly credited for coins/xps on either of my farms.

By the way? I'm level 60 and have 2 farms, both maxed out real estate wise.

anita rose
Dec 31 2009, 10:25 AM
I appreciate the new update so I can see what others have plowed. And despite problems, for me at least, it IS better than the pre-12/22 version. I understand it is hard to please everyone, and I appreciate your efforts to continually improve the game. Slow pt accumulation seems to be my only lingering problem. But at least I can hire workers again and work other farms. I was about ready to give up; now I'll keep trying. :) Thanks.

farmergaylord
Dec 31 2009, 10:31 AM
I appreciate the new update so I can see what others have plowed. And despite problems, for me at least, it IS better than the pre-12/22 version. I understand it is hard to please everyone, and I appreciate your efforts to continually improve the game. Slow pt accumulation seems to be my only lingering problem. But at least I can hire workers again and work other farms. I was about ready to give up; now I'll keep trying. :) Thanks.

In your first sentence above, I bet you meant to say HARVESTED, not plowed. Now go back to the market or ask a neighbor if you can PLOW a farm. Keep an eye on your coins xp's and report back as to whether they go up or down, and whether or not you were the ONLY one plowing at the time.

meinhardt76
Dec 31 2009, 10:45 AM
No problems so far worked a few farms much better thank you for all the hard work you put into this game I don't see any timeout messages so thats good have a happy new years.

Sarah Meinhardt

SugarB
Dec 31 2009, 10:50 AM
I get hired to harvest, and within 30 plots of harvest, the connection to server is lost and the box is in the middle of the screen. So, in order for me to continue harvesting, I have to work around the box-maddening! Then, sometimes, I can be hired to plow and sometimes not-but again the connection to server box is in the middle of the screen. If I try to save-it takes forever!!!!!

The Spicy Pickle
Dec 31 2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys for the fix!! :D

So far ...after last night's/this morning's goof ups....everything is peachy!

I hired a gal to harvest a small plot at my farm with small issue (mainly just the speed of click, reward, avatar) and when I have harvested at other's farms it's been great too! (tho I haven't harvested/plowed in a large group as of yet. Perhaps people are sticking to hiring one person for now considering)

Whatever you did it's all GRAND! THANKS!!!!

Peas Out

PS....oddly enough I just got a job with a large group. The hiring farmer hired two to harvest and two to plow. The game went slow the whole time ....but....every plot I clicked was mine and was duly rewarded for and there was none of that 'already done' or overlapping or anything! :D :D :D

katgmeyers
Dec 31 2009, 11:20 AM
Since the latest update I have been having problems loading my farm. It is taking a very long time to load and then the ponds are going through 3 "retry's" and then still not showing on my farm.

Also, when working for others I keep getting an error message and have to reload the game, which then takes me back to my own farm. I have started sending the person who hired me a message in the hopes that I am able to get back tothe farm before it is completed by other workers.

I enjoy the game a lot, but these problems lately are a real headache!

lVladDrag0n
Dec 31 2009, 11:46 AM
Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul

Thank you SO much, Raul. All your hard work is appreciated at least on my end.
On server WF23 at least so far for me, the plowing/harvesting issues, while still rather slow, seem to be mostly solved. Plots are NOT being taken by other workers once I have clicked a plot. The server seems to be keeping up better with what is done and what isn't, and I have gotten NO "Already done" messages in about 6 or 7 jobs. During harvest, the progress lines appear right when someone clicks on the plot, so no one else can claim it, and the plowed field or the progress line appears right when someone clicks IT. Well DONE!! NOW, if we can just get the actual job speed back up as the credits for doing each plot is still slow and the avatar, while quite a bit faster now is still a tad slow. All in all.....a very good fix. (At least on WF23) If the others are the same, then you will have a lot happier farmers. If the others I have been working on are still the same as before, then I will post here the server numbers for you to refer to.

Quick update on 01/01/10:
Every server I have logged into have behaved in the manner above. I can only assume that this is getting around to the hundreds in service for the game. VERY nicely done, dev team! (WF2, 1, 43, 20 that I can remember. I'm still making the rounds of servers every time I refresh or log in.)

The Spicy Pickle
Dec 31 2009, 11:52 AM
Agreed with Mad Dragon..... :D :D :D

The slow is really slow on my plowing tho.

Oregon Grandma
Dec 31 2009, 12:35 PM
After reading the string here I realize that it is most likely not me or my computer, my problem with the slow processing and having my Avatar stuck for several mins at the end of a job didn't start until the update that added the new levels.

I love Farm Town, just added my second farm but am getting extremely frustrated with not being able to effectively work on anyone else's farm.

I have cleared my cache and even removed many of the animals from my farm but it makes no difference.

Is there anything else that I can do, or is this a Farm Town problem.
Is there a fix in site.
Addicted Oregon Grandma Farmer

VousDeux
Dec 31 2009, 12:36 PM
I was hired to plow for someone today while at the same time someone else was harvesting. After a couple of minutes, while both I and the harvester were still working, the farm owner started seeding too. A few minutes later I observed as my XP counter was going +1, -1, +1, -1...to the net effect of zero. Additionally, I was seeing my coin counter going down with -15 and -40 flashing up on the screen. What appeared to be happening is that as I was being paid for my plow work, I was also paying for not only the plowing, but the crop that was being planted...and it wasn't even my farm! I was just hired to plow. Not only did I not gain any XP, but I paid for the work and the seeds for the farm owner. Nice deal...for HIM!

meinhardt76
Dec 31 2009, 12:38 PM
I just had my first timed out today with the connection was doing great till now thanks for all u do to make this game better.

Sarah Meinhardt

SunnyD
Dec 31 2009, 12:44 PM
what effects has the new release had on layered farms?? Any one know???

Kelsey
Dec 31 2009, 12:53 PM
what effects has the new release had on layered farms?? Any one know???

I layered a farm this morning with no problems. Planting was actually quicker for me than it has been lately. I layered at ... somewhere between 6 and 8am MST. Have no layered farms ready so cannot attest to the harvesting/plowing yet.

JAS0643
Dec 31 2009, 01:11 PM
I've been begging for a roll back to pre 12/22 in various threads for at least a week now. My problem was/is I suggested the developers add whatever code needed for the old release so that it limits the number of HIRED HELP (not visitors) to one person per harvest/plow session. Seems a lotta folks here don't want to TEMPORARILY be limited to ONE hired hand even for the amount of time it takes to fix the problem. I dunno why.)

I truly do appreciate the hard work the devs do, but at some point it's gotta become prudent for them to stop releasing updates to the 12/22 version which was a mess, and is getting messier with each update. I suggest they revert back to the older version, and start recoding from there. While the pre 12/22 release was not perfect ... It worked better than every version I've seen since.

I think you're confused. The problem isn't/wasn't "others" being charged for a farm you plowed, it was YOU being charged (instead of being credited for) plowing the farm.

Anyway, glad you are not experiencing as many time-outs. :-)

And a Happy, HEALTHY New Year to you, and everyone else reading this as well.

Yes there was a problem with the fix they put into place last night but it has since been fixed. I was just working at a farm that had plowing going on by others and I was not charged for the plowing other where doing so it looks like that has been fixed. Also the fix seems to me any way to fix the problem of people not getting coins and xps now since the fields they click on are queued until they walk over to them instead of disappearing like before.

Yup. It's either in the game code, or as others have suggested, it's a server issue in that the servers can't keep up with, or properly track, multiple workers.

Which is WHY I've been BEGGING for the developers to TEMPORARILY limit hires to one person per harvest/plow session until they can figure out what the problem is. But hey? What do I know, right? Well I know THIS:

If I only hire one worker at a time, there's never a problem with workers getting properly credited for coins/xps on either of my farms.

By the way? I'm level 60 and have 2 farms, both maxed out real estate wise.

I'm not a developer or a mod but I do help out a lot in the help section and I have been watching all the post on not getting coins and xps and although it is several people that is having the problem it seems to be 2 types of people having this problem they are:

The ones that would just lose a few coins or xps when working close to others
The ones that would not get any coins or xps when working for others.

For the first group although it can be frustrating it was not that big a deal because it was just a few fields here and there and you know or at least I did that it was just a glitch in the game a lag of not seeing what was done by others while the game loaded for you.

Now the second group is a different story there where some that would be working on a farm and not get one coin or xp for the work they had done it was not a case of the above. Now this problem in my opinion is server based and not game wide. For that reason it would not help the developers to limit the hiring to just one person they need to know what servers have this problem so they can look into which servers need to be fixed. FYI there are over 300 servers so it is not easy hunting down servers that are having problems that is why most official threads will ask what server you where on because it is information they need to know.

Capt. Conor
Dec 31 2009, 01:16 PM
I love it thanks raul, i like all the time you are putting into this game and all the other developers are.

Thanks again and it is a great new way

clownie23
Dec 31 2009, 01:37 PM
I got a problem...... when this update finish.... i harvest my pineapple and i got 2.3 mi. but when i refresh the page..... i got only 1.4 mil.

kizmet59
Dec 31 2009, 01:39 PM
Last night when I refueled, I did not get any fuel for all the neighbors I helped.

By the way, thank you for a great game, I love it - it relaxes me when I have one of my anxious moments. Keep up the Great work, and to all the moderators - Happy New Year!!

Kelsey
Dec 31 2009, 02:07 PM
Last night when I refueled, I did not get any fuel for all the neighbors I helped.

By the way, thank you for a great game, I love it - it relaxes me when I have one of my anxious moments. Keep up the Great work, and to all the moderators - Happy New Year!!

When your fuel timer resets, so does your neighbor tending.
Do your tending after you are able to refuel.

SunnyD
Dec 31 2009, 02:17 PM
As for layered farms I have worked some now... There is no longer continuous plowing... you need to rehire and follow them back to your farm then they can plow again and again.. as per pre Dec 22 release......... well that just what I had hoped for because of people that you hire that you can't get off your farm. I had only been hiring people I trust cause they will stop when you tell them to....

tatltell
Dec 31 2009, 02:21 PM
The old feature would let me know when the fuel was gone and would not let me plot any more land. However the last few days I have noticed that not until the avitar reaches the plots that are "no fuel available" does it let me know and I have in the mean time tried to plot more land. I have to refresh to find out how much work I have to redo.

FYI

Dec 26 and Dec 28 2009.
Facebook
I do not recall the time. It was an after thought today to check updates and saw the new message.

Trisha Leathers (tatltell)
Fraggle's Farm

VousDeux
Dec 31 2009, 02:28 PM
I still can't seem to finish very many harvest jobs without encountering the "Connection to Server timed out" dialog. It's getting really old having to work around this huge dialog box in the middle of the farm I'm trying to work on. It's either I work around it, or lose almost every job I'm hired to do because if I click the green tick it kicks me back to my own farm.

I don't have this problem when I am hired to plow, but if I get it while harvesting it carries over into the plowing. I had hoped it would go away when I was rehired to plow, but it doesn't.

This has been going on since Dec. 23. I hope your developers can address this issue very soon because it's not much fun at all.

ellshere
Dec 31 2009, 04:00 PM
After reading the string here I realize that it is most likely not me or my computer, my problem with the slow processing and having my Avatar stuck for several mins at the end of a job didn't start until the update that added the new levels.

I love Farm Town, just added my second farm but am getting extremely frustrated with not being able to effectively work on anyone else's farm.

I have cleared my cache and even removed many of the animals from my farm but it makes no difference.

Is there anything else that I can do, or is this a Farm Town problem.
Is there a fix in site.
Addicted Oregon Grandma Farmer

One thing you can do is be sure you have the latest update of the flash player. Go to the Adobe site and download the newest version. Most have the best luck if they download the uninstaller and use that first. When clearing our cache be sure you are closing all browser windows and logging back onto the game so that all files are deleted.

Lavenda
Dec 31 2009, 04:12 PM
haven't been back to the market to work for others since this update, but had noticed the change to the fuel. Thank you! I did run out of money part way through the job though... not sure if the fuel was deducted at all for those fields, or if it was deducted then reimbursed once the avatar got to it, will watch for it better next time (if there is a next time). Thanks for these updates!

EducatedRedneck
Dec 31 2009, 05:36 PM
Farmtown is still locking up in full screen mode. I have uninstalled and re-installed Adobe flash but that did not fix the problem. If I empty out my cache every time before I go in, it might work for a little while. I tried increasing the cache size, but that did not help either.

raynorcp
Dec 31 2009, 06:02 PM
On server 54 - still experiencing time outs.

kaylene
Dec 31 2009, 10:29 PM
I am not having any problems except if I harvest and finish and wait for the coins the person who is plowing I am getting their coins and xp :eek: I leave then as i dont like the fact i am getting their coins and xp......the fuel thing is back to normal so a big thank you :D

rojan
Dec 31 2009, 11:11 PM
i still have to wait for the coins and xp catch up! i have waited up to half hour on big farm before i can move. If the farmer wants me to plow after harvesting, and i click yes, i wait wait wait, till coins from harvesting have loaded, then and only then can i go to plow, or move from that farm. I cannot go home or to market place and hitting save, doesnt do anything.
so there i sit on someone eles farm and watch the coins and xps tally up till they have finished. most farmers are quite ok...i explain im waiting for farmtown to catch up to me and i wait in a corner for my points/cash.
is this going to be solved?????
sitting on someone elses farm after all the work is done, is quite boring.!!!!
at least i dont get 'already done' now and plowing and harvesting is ok...its just waiting for farmtown to 'catch-up'

kittykat1958
Dec 31 2009, 11:46 PM
love love the new harvesting method im getting coins that should be mine in the first place for the crops i clicked on i can see where the others are clicking just love it no more coins stolen from me.great job devs please please keep it this way.i've had no issues with any plowing problems

thanks a ton bert happy new year to you and all the mods here

Dr. Dirt
Dec 31 2009, 11:47 PM
The saving is sloooow. The devs really need to speed it up, a lot.

LChambliss
Jan 01 2010, 12:59 AM
I am so happy with the game today. I do not know what has occurred, but the game is not causing me any problems. A few days ago I was having serious problems with time-outs and the "already done"s.

The only thing that I have to say about any problem, is that it takes a while to receive coins and XPs. Seems to me that I am working so much faster, that I finish quicker and there just hasnt been enough time for the game to have given me my due yet when I am finished. I CAN live with this. :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU and.....
a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Leslie

drwhit73
Jan 01 2010, 01:19 AM
Overall the game seems to go pretty well. As has been mentioned, however, there is a major problem in the speed of collecting coins/points after harvesting/plowing. It can take up to 30 minutes to collect all the points/coins for a job. Clicking the save button has no affect and I can't seem to hire the person to plow/or be hired to plow until the coin/point collection is done for the harvesting.

Jett130
Jan 01 2010, 06:16 AM
For me, I think the game is running better than it ever has. However, I would like to see better fuel efficiency. I just can't get done what I need with one tank of gas and I end up having to seed one of my two farms the old one field at a time way.

Thanks!

angeskye
Jan 01 2010, 06:18 AM
I just went to harvest for someone and i could see what other people had queued!

As someone who had about given up due to losing xp/coins when someone over queued my already queued work and getting the credit instead of me i have to say THANK YOU!!

:D:D:D

Patsy Anne
Jan 01 2010, 06:49 AM
:):):):):)
Yes! Its sooooooooooooo much better for me now. On WF25. Just did a huge job on my own harvesting and plowing and it was so well behaved. Avatar doesnt keep up with clicking but thats a minor and just an observation. Fuel counter good too now.
I will try venturing onto a farm with others l8r.
Thank you and well done so far

momaburke
Jan 01 2010, 07:10 AM
Something has got to be done with all the errors I am having. I cannot get one single harvest done when I am hired without the Connection to the server timing out. I have not had to use the save button in a long time and now it takes entirely too long to do it. Anyone having any similar problems

♪Jeanne♪
Jan 01 2010, 07:40 AM
Thank you for getting rid of 'Already Done'. The question is, do we really need the little floating messages that tell you the coin and XP you earned? It is in the total and just seems to slow up everything.

BTW, server W105 is really slow.

I am having trouble hiring to plow after harvesting. The message goes through but the farmer can't plow. It also happened to me when I was hired. Fortunately it was a buddy so I could leave and come back. Then the plow request worked.

The update seems to be a step in the right direction though.

Patsy Anne
Jan 01 2010, 07:48 AM
ok - well I tried the harvesting with others bit and I still have divers boots :( - both collecting (so I can move on to another job) and actually moving on screen when hired ie - cant seem to get off quickly, get stuck and think others are still clicking over harvest I have done but I may be getting the credit anyway - I dont keep an eye on things to that extent!
Anyway keep up the good work! :)

Franklyn
Jan 01 2010, 08:21 AM
Just been hired to plough. The whole field was queued from havesting. As plots became available I was able to plough. The process was very slow mainly due to the random way the plots became 'revealed' I had to keep going to different sections of the fields as small areas became available. Not sure whether this is a problem wth the update or just down to a random method of ploughing by the other worker. Only two workers on the farm one harvesting and me ploughing. A very frustrating job which slowed me down considerably! As far as I can tell no problems with coins or xp.

ehannah1@hotmail.com
Jan 01 2010, 08:26 AM
why do i get shutdown whenever i m plowing for someone therefore losing out on coins and xp points ,it doesn t happen when i m harvesting

dixiegirl
Jan 01 2010, 08:49 AM
First let me say Thank you for all your hard work on fixing the issues we have been having. I am on server WF8. I can not get my farm to link... I finally gave up.
I was hired by a friend (linked) to harvest and plow. On server WF37. Major problems. Lots of lag. Timed out messages. Had to refresh. He couldnt hire me.... tried 3 times and then we both refreshed. that was alright because we are friends and could get back... but if your not u lose the job. The server kept blinking and timeing out.

Over all I do see improvement in the game. I know this must have made the Holidays a nightmare for the developers!

anita rose
Jan 01 2010, 09:06 AM
WF2, on my farm. Still very slow with the tally of points and coins. Going to another farm I can only get about 1/4 the work of others. have to wait before I can plow and then again when I am finished before I can leave... Thanks for your efforts.
(level 49)

Shaldimar
Jan 01 2010, 10:00 AM
This latest update has made problems for me that I never had before. There have always been small glitches but understanding this is Beta, I can deal with them. But since this last update things are a mess.. If I try to hire from the MP to harvest, it is random whether or not I manage to accomplish that. When I do finally get a worker, as they harvest my screen fills up with the little lines across the plots, and it takes forever for them to catch up with the worker's avatar. Clearing cache, rebooting before I start, Refreshing during, has no affect. Coins and points eventually add up as they should, and from the worker's point of view things look done, but not on my screen. Sometimes it will slow to a complete stop. I am on FB, my farm is linked, and I am on mainframe WF3. I have tried every trick I can think of and nothing helps. I hope this new update will get fixed, or rolled back to a better one. In the meantime, I do thank the devs for all they do. It's really a great game that I am completely addicted to in spite of troubles.

VousDeux
Jan 01 2010, 10:16 AM
With regards to the connection to server timed out problem, it looks like I owe the developers an apology. Although I did not have this problem before Dec. 23, it appears that having uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe Flash has solved this problem for me. I have worked at several farms to confirm that it is working better, and it is. Interestingly though, I had not recently updated Flash prior to the problems that occurred after Dec. 23, so this is why I obviously suspected the Farm Town updates.

Harvesting seems to be working quite well now, but plowing lags behind quite a bit. In two cases where I have been plowing solo on full-size farms (immediately following the harvest of the same farms) I have found that plowing seems to be quite slow and I am able to finish clicking fields while the counters are still 9-10 rows behind. I have to sit and wait for 5-10 minutes and wait for it to finish. Certainly not the end of the world, but it would be nice if it were faster :) Oh the other hand, plowing seems much faster if you are hired to plow only and go in with a fresh cache/buffer. It just seems like when you are hired for any job, the cache/buffer is filled up with every click, but those resources are never returned until the entire Flash applet is reloaded.

tiggeragin
Jan 01 2010, 10:30 AM
I am losing out on plowing jobs after harvesting because I have to wait for the game to catch up...other workers don't have this problem...and I've heard some say that their game seems to have stopped that....I'm on WF-8...can you help?

kayeann2002
Jan 01 2010, 10:57 AM
I havent been able to load the game since the update

VousDeux
Jan 01 2010, 12:36 PM
I stand corrected...I guess I am still having problems with the server timing out while harvesting....sigh.

MissHolli
Jan 01 2010, 12:55 PM
Thank you for getting rid of 'Already Done'. The question is, do we really need the little floating messages that tell you the coin and XP you earned? It is in the total and just seems to slow up everything.

For what it's worth, I like having the XP and coin totals appear right over my avatar while I'm working. That way I can see that it's being recorded - a couple of times I've had the coins stop tallying up and I was able to stop within a half dozen plots and ask the farm owner what was going on, as opposed to doing a ton of plots and not noticing that I wasn't getting paid for them because I was looking at the plots instead of at my overall total.

raynorcp
Jan 01 2010, 01:58 PM
On server 54. Have done all the recommended suggestions short of buying a new computer. Clear cache every time I come to FT. It is slower than before and I'm having massive trouble with time outs. Of course I don't see I've timed out until I'm 100 - 150 clicks in the middle of the job. The person who hired me is waiting too. This is incredibly frustrating to both of us. Of note, I never timed out before the first "upgrade" 23DEC09.

I am level 60 with two full farms. 640,000 plus xps, and 23M in coins. I can seed and hit save and the change is immediate. Why is the harvesting and plowing not the same? This has been the worst 8 days of Farm Town. Developers - Please help.

wise_cookie
Jan 01 2010, 02:45 PM
I liked things the way they were where you harvested, then went and clicked on the little disc to save your pending changes, then you plowed for the person and again clicked on the disc to save pending changes before leaving their farm, clicking on Play to reload the game and all the changes were there. I never had a problem with that ever that I noticed.

sharonstark2002@yahoo.com
Jan 01 2010, 03:09 PM
:eek:I can go to neighbors farms but nothing happens when I get there. I have bought three items at the store, then try to put them on my farm and they disappear forever but take the money from my account - give me the money back!

piccpete
Jan 01 2010, 04:24 PM
Just been hired to plough. The whole field was queued from havesting. As plots became available I was able to plough. The process was very slow mainly due to the random way the plots became 'revealed' I had to keep going to different sections of the fields as small areas became available. Not sure whether this is a problem wth the update or just down to a random method of ploughing by the other worker. Only two workers on the farm one harvesting and me ploughing. A very frustrating job which slowed me down considerably! As far as I can tell no problems with coins or xp.

Similar thing happend to me today as well; I hired a buddy who was harvesting, went very slow. Slower and slower. Took me about 5 times to hire him to plow; he had to leave, I had to leave. Wouldnt send him message until his harvesting was done. Then when he was plowing, slow slow. I was trying to plant behind him, but even though he was plowing in straight even rows, his plowed plots showed up scattered here and there. Looked random but he was now plowing randomly. The last about dozen of his scattered plowed plots showed as queued, but didnt finish as plowed until i refreshed. ONly then was I able to finish planting seeds.
Maybe everyone was on FarmTown on New Years Day, overloading the servers? :confused:
lol
GREAT GAME.. just mentioning a possible glitch.
thanks for everything.

VousDeux
Jan 01 2010, 05:20 PM
I think I just accidentally found a way to get rid of the server time out dialog without clicking the green tick and getting kicked off of the job. What I did was click the green plug button to disconnect from the mainframe and then confirm the offline mode. Then I clicked the plug button again (now red) to reconnect to the mainframe and confirm online mode. This leaves me in a state were I can work, but the server time out dialog still remains. However I found that if I click like I'm going to rename the farm another dialog pops up to let me know I can only rename my own farm. When I acknowledge that dialog I have a clear field to work on again.

mechelle61
Jan 01 2010, 06:02 PM
That is good news.. I just got timed out. Happens everytime farmer asks me to do trees.. Thanks for the info..
Also Thanks to all the farm town Tech support guys. 'FT" is back to fun.. I am lovin it again..!!;)

meinhardt76
Jan 01 2010, 06:10 PM
I had something happen to me last night I hired someone from the market and she was plowing for me I hit another application button by accident when I came back in my field was half done I tried to rehire her but she said it was all done on her side I had before unistalled flash and cleared my cache and reinstalled flash didn't think I needed to do it again but I did and went to rehire someone from the market I wish everything would go back to normal like before 12/22 thank you for trying to fix the game am a big fan.

Sarah Meinhardt

lbanta
Jan 01 2010, 06:20 PM
:(:(Please I beg you to reduce the size of the seed bag. It is so irritating that I can't see the plots I want to plow. I absolutley hate it that size. Surely you can get on a site and try to plant a crop to experience the clumsiness of the current arrangement. Please make it the way it was.:(:(

Sheila Buttercup
Jan 01 2010, 06:55 PM
I agree with the size of the seed bag, it's irritatingly large...and I can't see what I'm doing....please please make it a little smaller.

I expect you are aware, but I am getting timed out quite frequently, at first I was loosing work....but now as soon as I am on a good job, I make the hirer a buddy as soon as I start, then I can find my way back...may I suggest other farmers that are experiencing the timed out problem, do this.

Snappy Dungarees
Jan 01 2010, 07:00 PM
Hi guys and a Happy New Year to you all. I have a comment I wish to make about the new fixes to the game. Not all good I'm afraid. I've been tending my neighbours' farms and watering their flowers and when you first released the 22nd December update it seemed to improve it enormously. Now it's just horrible again (sorry). It lags rotten, it constantly tells me it's saving when I try and water the flowers, and those farms that have a LOT of items on them are now back to be really horrible (sorry again). It's like I can barely move my avatar across the screen now. Haven't got any feedback regarding the harvesting or ploughing as I hadn't planted anything over the holiday period, but I did notice when planting today that my cursor has gone back to jumping all over the field again instead of being steady when clicking on a field to plant the seeds. I'm sorry to be giving such negative feedback, as I loved the original update. Now it's just sucky and I can't really do much with it. I had got the neighbour tending down to a reasonable time, but now it's shot back up again due to the lagging issues and the constant "saving.......saving......saving......saving...savi ng". Trust me, seeing that a few times gets really old really quickly. :(

lbanta
Jan 01 2010, 07:03 PM
:(:confused:I had my fuel counter come on the screen and count down while I was on some ones farm, I looked and it had counted down my available fuel to zero. Am I paying with my fuel to harvest these other peoples farms?

bluemountain
Jan 01 2010, 08:04 PM
I know there's a lot of work done.

But I still don't like it! I have to wait too long (the money and the points are counting and counting and....)! The symbols are still to BIG! The avatar is jumping like crazy and it's always in my way.

I think the fun is gone...

It would be the best we would get back the version from before the 22 dec 2009. I would love it!

Farmer Kate S.
Jan 01 2010, 08:19 PM
This isn't really a problem, but just strange. I hired someone to harvest and plow, and all went well, until I tried to hire he to plow. I couldn't get a hie accept message, so refreshed, still couldn't, but I could see plowed fields, so figured ...someting happened. All went well, she got her money, as fa as I know, money was deducted from me, and I could plan on the fields. I don't work for other farmers due to the difficulties my visual accuity csee me, although I may try again, as I have refined my technique for dealing with things since last I tried. But everything I attempt on my own farm is going as smoothly as silk, although it does take a while for the marked fields to process, and my avatar doesn't walk, she strolls! Except, of course, when she acts like a kitten and gets in the way!

felicitycoombs
Jan 01 2010, 08:52 PM
well at least it is not just me. i cant think of anything that is working correctly at the moment. hiring neighbours has become impossible as they just dont get the messages. this is by far the worst version since i joined. i'm level 60 on 2 farms so I have seen some bad builds before this and can can confidently say this one is the worst!

Grandma5779
Jan 01 2010, 09:52 PM
Thats what I have been doing so far it works well. At least I dont lose my job. adding people to buddy list before I start a job

srfrench@hughes.net
Jan 01 2010, 10:37 PM
Since the new Version of Farm Town I can't see people on my 1st farm, I have to go to my 2 farm with them so I can see them to hire. My wifes got the same problem with not seeing people on her 1st farm. This really aggrivating!!!!! When our 1st farm loads it just sits there with the Joining Room box on the screen. So we have to go to our 2nd farm and then back so it will go away. Other than this problem the only thing I would like you to address is to have the Avitar collect as fast as we harvest and plow. It is way too slow.
Thanks

lovethis
Jan 01 2010, 10:43 PM
I find it more difficult to hire neighbors(all ofwhich are in my local area) I was thinking i would b transported to their farms faster. I continually time out and stuff lingers for ever i go away to find it half done when i return. I am a bit frustrated and hate folks who fuss cause its just a game.

But this has been the best game u can control how fast or slow u wanna go-before lot pts who cares i can make em up pdq. Now the gam dictates my time like others out there. I dont know if this helps u but i am trying. It has become more frustrating than fun and i am at level 60--i dont know if id b there had it been this way all along.

I do really appreciate ur effort for improvement thanks

Mark Deere
Jan 01 2010, 10:56 PM
Thank you very much for getting rid of the "Already Done" issues!!! I did notice that I hired someone from my buddy list to harvest my 2nd farm. She timed out twice and I rehired her both times after she came back to my farm. The last time I hired her everything went very smoothly for her. I then realized the first two times I just clicked on harvest crops only when I hired her and she timed out both times. The last time I hired her for crops and trees and it went very smoothly. Not sure if this will help at all or if it just is coincidence, but just wondering if maybe an issue in that specific hire order? Thanks

opheeelia
Jan 01 2010, 11:09 PM
Still having a few problems. Watering my neighbors flowers is labor intensive with the constant "saving". I still have money deducted for moving items on my farm, and half the time I can't see anyone in the marketplace.

PegasiMoon
Jan 02 2010, 12:27 AM
I have been away from my farm for a couple of days, and Wow! I can see the Difference you Dev's have been working on. Harvesting is FUN again, I don't worry about someone taking the crops away from me.

Plowing... I wish the XP's and Coins would update a little quicker, it is still really slow. But other than that you Dev's have made my day by listening. Thank You.:)
I also love the fact that I can now see what the other people are harvesting, makes me happy to know I am no longer wasting my time with "Already Done".

Thanks for listening.
Addicted to FarmTown and loving it again.
Kat

Pirate Kel
Jan 02 2010, 01:39 AM
Thank you Raul. I have not gotten any "already-done" messages but I have seen the talk about them. I appreciate you fixing the kinks :D

tazdvel66
Jan 02 2010, 07:16 AM
I have a few suggestions...woulkd it be possible to get teepees in the building part of the store and also would like to be able to send as gifts items that i have bought or received and don't want or use anymore. Thank You

VousDeux
Jan 02 2010, 08:23 AM
With regards to the server time out issue...I was on a friends farm this morning, not to harvest, not to plow, but just watering flowers. I noticed that a couple of flowers had been missed somehow, so I went back to click them again. Instead of the usual messages either saying +2 or "flowers can only be watered once..." it just said "saving." After clicking these flowers three times I was timed out from the server. So, it had nothing to do with how fast, how slow, or how accurate I was clicking.

I realize that this "saving" function and the server time out message must be part of the solution to the complaints of people losing coins and XP while working. However my problem with this solution is that when you click the green tick to acknowledge this time out it kicks you out of the job.

I've found that I can work around this by using the green plug to disconnect from the mainframe, then use the red plug to reconnect to the mainframe. Once I have returned to online mode I click like I'm going to rename the farm...then when I acknowledge that I can only rename my own farm, the server time out dialog is gone and I can continue to work.

If the server time out is a necessary evil, why not fix it so that the green tick doesn't kick you off of the job? Why not just have it disconnect from the mainframe, and reconnect to the mainframe so we can keep working?

silvia8917
Jan 02 2010, 09:24 AM
Thank you!
The saving is indeed kind of slow, but I can live with it. =)

Sheila Buttercup
Jan 02 2010, 09:46 AM
Thank you Devs....things seem to have improved since my last post yesterday, I did wonder in view all the complaints you'd had since the 22nd, you'd packed your bags and abandonned ship .....I would have lol
:);)

Debbie J
Jan 02 2010, 10:35 AM
When I click on storage to reuse my items, it tells me I cannot move my items from storage to try again later. What's up with this problem???

D.S.
Jan 02 2010, 11:05 AM
@ Debbie J. When you take the item from storage make sure you have enough room on the area within your farm to place the item.

I have received this message a number of times and when I move an item out of the way, the new item can be placed. Works for me, might not for you.

D.

raynorcp
Jan 02 2010, 01:07 PM
On server 54. I am slower than ever. Time outs are continuous. Help me developers!

P.S. Have completed all recommended changes.

lucky gal
Jan 02 2010, 02:30 PM
I KEEP GETTING RELOAD GAME. i cleaned out my browser so it's not that. Also I still have to wait for my coins when I'm done harvesting. I love this game and play it everyday almost 24 hrs a day.HOPE U CAN FIX THIS COIN THING.

tapelt
Jan 02 2010, 03:49 PM
I think the "already done" problem has been fixed, at least mostly. I just finished a harvesting job with another worker, and I did not get a single "already done" message, even though I harvested right along the edge of what the other worker was doing.

I'll have to see what happens with many other workers. I am sure that there is no way to eliminate this problem completely (someone can always click on a square a second or two before I do), but as long as it is minimal I am happy.

PubsAngels
Jan 02 2010, 03:53 PM
on server WF51 and WF31...Time outs are continuously and I loose all my points for plowing and coins for harvesting. Please fix this issue.

Sapai
Jan 02 2010, 05:34 PM
Welp. It's not fun again yet. It is way TOO SLOW.

The morning of 12/22 before the new concept release, the game was faster than I had ever seen it. Now it is unbearable.

My production has been cut by more than a half. It's just not fun any more either! It takes 3x longer to do anything.

Feedback: Only a minority of the players seem amused by the new jumping avatars. (I play other games with teleport, and sorry this is not it.) It doesn't add any speed to the game overall. And since it coincided with the death march pace of late, I'm inclined to think the jumping avatar is responsible for the complete loss of speed and FUN.

I'm missing Sims2. Sorry you couldn't get it together. Just cannot compete with my other games any more.

eta: I timed out twice while planting my field. Timed out while plowing but didn't know for an undetermined amount of time. I was ready to cut and run because I could not stand it any longer! When I clicked "save", it told me CONNECTION TO SERVER TIME OUT! It couldn't tell me that when it happened. Fortunately, I was able to finish for that neighbor. However, I split before it finished paying. It's BORING. And embarrassing.

There was nothing wrong with the way it used to pay. On CLICKS. And yes, someone did come steal my plow squares last night. It was at a neighbors and some guy came late. They could not see that I had every square marked! That never happened before Dark Tuesday (12/22).

lgkreipe
Jan 02 2010, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure when this came into play, as i havent played for the past few days, but all of a sudden, harvesting stinks. I've been to several farms today, and its all the same... I can click away just as its been for quite some time, but the collection of the coinds (and xp when plowing) goes extremely slow... Its like before, when I could que up all of the plots, and my little lady would do her own thing and collect on her own pace. But the difference is that now I cant leave the farm until everything is collected. I never had any trouble before with losing coins or xp, and I doubt I will now, since I dont even have the option of leaving the farm until its completed. And by completed, all the coins/xp have been collected, not just harvesting or plowing. This is quite annoying especially on the larger farms. If anyone could fix this, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks Dev's for continuing to try to make this the best game it can be. Your hard work is deffinately appreciated!!

redheadindy
Jan 02 2010, 07:53 PM
I had this same problem 6 times today...is this FB problem or is it our computers?? Don't know ..any ideas about that?

mikailasdaddy
Jan 02 2010, 08:25 PM
I love the new updates, they are great and make everything so fast. Are they going to add some valentines day items soon and get rid of the christmas stuff? Also I have 750,053 experience points, does the game ever end or what ???

squeak365
Jan 02 2010, 08:57 PM
S-l-o-w tonight........realllllly slow

i have aged at least 10 years waiting for someone to harvest my farm...

Sapai
Jan 02 2010, 09:32 PM
With regards to the server time out issue...I was on a friends farm this morning, not to harvest, not to plow, but just watering flowers. I noticed that a couple of flowers had been missed somehow, so I went back to click them again. Instead of the usual messages either saying +2 or "flowers can only be watered once..." it just said "saving." After clicking these flowers three times I was timed out from the server. So, it had nothing to do with how fast, how slow, or how accurate I was clicking.

I realize that this "saving" function and the server time out message must be part of the solution to the complaints of people losing coins and XP while working. However my problem with this solution is that when you click the green tick to acknowledge this time out it kicks you out of the job.

I've found that I can work around this by using the green plug to disconnect from the mainframe, then use the red plug to reconnect to the mainframe. Once I have returned to online mode I click like I'm going to rename the farm...then when I acknowledge that I can only rename my own farm, the server time out dialog is gone and I can continue to work.

If the server time out is a necessary evil, why not fix it so that the green tick doesn't kick you off of the job? Why not just have it disconnect from the mainframe, and reconnect to the mainframe so we can keep working?

No. This is not new. I posted about it, but was deleted after redirect to a thread about SAVING. It is not about SAVING. It is about watering flowers.

What I've discovered is the 'saving' message appears if the coins have not been paid for the last watered batch. They HAVE moved the coin count to the water square instead of the avatar, and that helps see if it is paying. But this is nothing new at all.

*** Fewer and fewer people are giving feedback. I think we've lost interest. This is the third attempt at an obviously flawed concept. imo

Beachgirl2
Jan 02 2010, 09:48 PM
I had difficulty hiring my neighbor to harvest (including the trees) yesterday. We both exited out of FT and Facebook but I still couldn't complete the hiring process. Finally I chose the harvest option without trees and it went right through. I haven't seen this particular problem before.

Buppa
Jan 02 2010, 09:50 PM
"already harvested" still appears, when it shouldn't too. I was first to a farm, had it half done when the elevator doors opened and 4 more came in... they started working right where I was, so I went to a small field at the top. I hit that whole field while they clamoured for the remaining harvests, then while mine was still qued for that field... I watched as marked crops began disappearing. By the time the coins should have been appearing... it just gave me two minutes of "already done".

I really would like to see some constraints on farmers overhiring.. it is not only irritating, and causing some to just give up (since some are blazingly fast, and hog the whole farm, and others can't get 2% of the farm with 6 people in)

As I suggested before 1 person for so many planted squares. Also a option to turn off the 'tools' the red plowing square is horrible for plowing an already plowed field.. If there is any obsticle (try a white pine tree) it hops all over. The highlighted crops tool is annoying as well to one who has harvested multiple thousands of pineapples... they seem to try to grab your tool and send it to the next row. I would love an option to just turn those off. The already known about glitch of double hiring to get rid of the plow tool has shown me that it is much smoother, and quicker to plow without it.

Thanks guys... you ARE doing an awesome job... and I am just trying to put in my two cents... I gave it a week after the fix to get a real feel for it.

Dan

anita rose
Jan 02 2010, 10:06 PM
FB user, WF2, have given up for a few days on trying to work on other farms.... point/coin accumulation too slow. I can't get anything done. I'll put in long crops and hope this eventually gets worked out. Others are able to harvest/plow my fields quickly. This will have to do for now.

Robin47
Jan 02 2010, 11:15 PM
Thank you very much for the improved game play over the last few days. However I still don't care much for the fact that the avatar is right on TOP of me when I harvest/plow. Sometimes she gets in my way and I can't see where I am clicking.

Capt. Conor
Jan 03 2010, 01:31 AM
I like this one,

thanks Slash Key

Patsy Anne
Jan 03 2010, 05:53 AM
Todays feedback - Seeder wont cover 4 squares so i thought: ok,log out of FB and Mozilla, empty cache (do this everytime i log in to FT now :( and try again. Did, no joy , thought I was plowing manually (1 sq) and lost the fuel anyway!!!! tres annoying.

Seems like I have moved servers - 25 to 45 - didnt notice when so maybe this has helped some of the things that made the game worse ("already done" in the main!)

BUT collecting coins/xp after working on other farms is terrifyingly slow still :( and there is NO further movement (except to the Mrketplace where u stand looking like a swede) until its done, even if solo - which is sooooooooo slow for both hirer and hiree if trying to plow after harvesting if a lot has been done. Group work is a hopeless experience and I dont bother any more - esp when the hirer is determined to get as many avatars per sq inch as poss!

If coins and xp can be collected/deducted in a flash when working on my own farm, by moving to another window, why cant this happen when working for others? (prob good tec reason - lol

Please keep working on these things - I became addicted a few weeks ago - already at 49, but am starting to get wary of a game where you have to clear and update consistently and even then this doesn't keep the experience consistent - very tiring when the playing field doesn't appear to be the same for everyone.

Hoping for a level playing field in 2010 :)

wormwoman
Jan 03 2010, 07:27 AM
gosh .... I wouldn't want to be a developer for this game! thanks for trying so hard to work out the bugs ... but they still exist. Yesterday I was the only person working on a buddies farm, and was stuck there for 10 minutes while the screen msg said "already done" over and over again. I think I received coin for about 10 of the 300 fields .... but I was the only one harvesting! :confused:

thank goodness the chat function works even while stuck waiting for coin or xp to register .... great time to get to know folks!

mmtoad
Jan 03 2010, 07:56 AM
I have had trouble plowing since all the new stuff was introduced. I click on the plot and it doesn't plow. Screws up my rhythm. I also have a MAC which I hope isn't the problem.

Andicardwell
Jan 03 2010, 08:34 AM
I am ready for the next upgrade. Anyone know when that will be? I'm stuck on level 60 with almost 400,000 points. I saw someone yesterday with almost 900,000 points and they were still on 60!

countrygirl31995
Jan 03 2010, 10:25 AM
latest upgrade seems to be working for me. thanks

tjleers
Jan 03 2010, 10:40 AM

I am also having that problem now. I finish harvesting or plowing for someone and i am waiting for my coins or money to add up cause it wont let me do anything else until its all added. I don't know what changed exactly but i noticed the change this morning. I play all the time. Own 5 farms on 3 different facebook accounts. i Love the game.
I appreciate all your hard work to keep the game fun. Hope you can fix this problem as well.

lynn1000
Jan 03 2010, 01:42 PM
FB user, WF2, have given up for a few days on trying to work on other farms.... point/coin accumulation too slow. I can't get anything done. I'll put in long crops and hope this eventually gets worked out. Others are able to harvest/plow my fields quickly. This will have to do for now.

I have the same problem. I just harvested and plowed a farm and was there for almost 40 minutes!! This is getting pathetic. You would think this game would work the same for everyone but it doesnt.My dad plays this game also and he doesnt have this problem.He gets paid as he harvests.I really wish they would fix the problems with this game otherwise I guess I will have to stop playing it.

raynorcp
Jan 03 2010, 02:11 PM
Was moved from server 54 to 9. No time outs today but still incredibly slow. Thank you developers for continually working on all our issues.

RevJack
Jan 03 2010, 02:16 PM
Was moved from WF49 to WF19 and am experiencing time-outs within seconds after arriving at farms I was hired to work on, making it impossible to harvest or plow since these time-outs result in being booted off the farms. I am on Facebook and was using 64-bit Linux with Firefox 3.5.6 and 6GB of RAM, 1.86 gigahertz dual-core processor.

Mena
Jan 03 2010, 02:59 PM
Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul
What a nightmare this is this update has spoiled the joy of harvesting and plowing please change it back to normal , i was harvesting today along with 2 others by the time i could plow for they lady that invited me to plow the whole place was plowed and planted what is going on not fair on people do you think ??? please think about changing it back i have not heard one person say this is good !! and another point is when you are harvesting you dont know which fields are yours as all you see is %lines on fields please think about it if you read this

krbrown2000
Jan 03 2010, 03:03 PM
Am I the only one that likes this version of the new release? It's true, I haven't done a lot of working for others with Christmas and all--it's all I can do to keep my own farm up. But I have hired others, and everything seems to work smoother to me. The avatars move really quickly and I haven't had one single instance of refreshing only to find unharvested/unplowed fields. I say this is definitely a big step toward getting a lot of issues resolved and for me, everything works a whole lot better.

Mastskm
Jan 03 2010, 03:09 PM
I too just spent 35 minutes waiting to collect coins. The whole farm was plowed beforee I collected my money. Working around that big white box that says connection to server timed out isn't fun either.

dixiegirl
Jan 03 2010, 03:46 PM
since one day last week I had been working good and with this new release things had been wonderful.... until today.

I am level 60. Last week I had been shifted to WF8 server and things had been working great. No problems working on my or others farms. Today I logged in and my server has been changed to WF5. this is not a good thing. I have tried repeatly to hire but none of my request are recieved. This is with friends. They can not see me. I logged in and back out. I rebooted my computer. Please fix this or change me backto WF8.
I love this game but all of the problems since Dec 22 are getting so old. I appreciate that the Dev are trying to improve the game but this last didnt work. It's Beta and that is what it is about ... learning what works... This didnt.

In addition. On this server I am having a hard time planting. It is extremely slow and times out again and again. No one else there just me working on my own farm. I seem to crawl across the farm.

PennyLewis
Jan 03 2010, 03:47 PM
i personally love the final update. Not every problem should be fixed. Sometimes we need to learn to adapt. Thanks for creating a fun pasttime y'all.

♪Jeanne♪
Jan 03 2010, 04:02 PM
i personally love the final update. Not every problem should be fixed. Sometimes we need to learn to adapt. Thanks for creating a fun pasttime y'all.

I'm not sure how one adapts to incessant time-outs.

merianb
Jan 03 2010, 04:28 PM
Was moved from server 54 to 9. No time outs today but still incredibly slow. Thank you developers for continually working on all our issues.

Seems I was also moved from 54 to 9. Not seeing any difference for me. Still takes forever for coins to catch up with my avatar & can do nothing until it does.

dietcoke53
Jan 03 2010, 04:47 PM
can anyone help me? i am having a time when i harvest for someone and there is a lag where i get the points and coins later and it takes forever to show them done .. what is the deal with that? i plow and it shows plowed on my end but to the person i am plowing for is watching it and they are slowly coming up... how do i fix this problem ?

bluemountain
Jan 03 2010, 04:54 PM
PROBLEMS!

I HATE THE NEW VERSION!

PUT IT BACK TO THE OLD ONE!

YOU TOOK AWAY ALL THE FUN!

I don't like the game anymore! It's ****ing stupid **** now!

Sorry for the words but it is the worst ever!

I had to refresh for many times to see all fields as PLOWED fields while my friend was waiting for the point for AGES!

Would I seed raspberries I guess I could start harvesting with the end of seeding!

Thank you for taking away the fun! That was really the BEST!"

jmnichol
Jan 03 2010, 07:25 PM
PLOWING MY OWN FIELD: Since the last upgrade When I click my plow or plant tool it brings up the 4 square option but only allows one square at a time. It also allows for plowing ore planting (one square at a time) indefinitely. Then when I come back it stopped when I ran out of Fuel but never stopped my game. I have tons of fuel given me as gifts but no need to burn fuel for one square plow and planting options. I thought it was due to my high level but I was that level before the upgrades also.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 03 2010, 08:14 PM
PLOWING MY OWN FIELD: Since the last upgrade When I click my plow or plant tool it brings up the 4 square option but only allows one square at a time. It also allows for plowing ore planting (one square at a time) indefinitely. Then when I come back it stopped when I ran out of Fuel but never stopped my game. I have tons of fuel given me as gifts but no need to burn fuel for one square plow and planting options. I thought it was due to my high level but I was that level before the upgrades also.

Check remove spaces to stop the one square plowing. The fuel thing should be fixed like Raul stated.

apetrin
Jan 03 2010, 08:53 PM
i would like to know for the past two days i have not been getting my xp for plowing or seeding do you know why this is happening.

apetrin@windstream.net

Charo
Jan 03 2010, 09:44 PM
The game is really slow. It doesn't collect coins until you get to the square, instead of upon click.

I noticed today that when I hired someone, that they queued up a ton of farms to plow. But the person disappeared and the plots were never plowed. I had to hire someone else to come finish the job.

This is inane. I liked it before that the plot was considered plowed once it was queued. The whole methodology for giving points just seems out of whack.

chesney
Jan 03 2010, 11:07 PM
Farm won't load just 0 %.Please fix

tamijax
Jan 03 2010, 11:25 PM
Hi There,

Thanks

--Raul
Why do the screens all pause and flash while plowing and harvesting? Ever since the maintenance update. Also, ever since then I am not able to use my Seeder or harvester, even though I have alot of fuel?

Sapai
Jan 03 2010, 11:42 PM
"already harvested" still appears, when it shouldn't too. I was first to a farm, had it half done when the elevator doors opened and 4 more came in... they started working right where I was, so I went to a small field at the top. I hit that whole field while they clamoured for the remaining harvests, then while mine was still qued for that field... I watched as marked crops began disappearing. By the time the coins should have been appearing... it just gave me two minutes of "already done".

I really would like to see some constraints on farmers overhiring.. it is not only irritating, and causing some to just give up (since some are blazingly fast, and hog the whole farm, and others can't get 2% of the farm with 6 people in)

As I suggested before 1 person for so many planted squares. Also a option to turn off the 'tools' the red plowing square is horrible for plowing an already plowed field.. If there is any obsticle (try a white pine tree) it hops all over. The highlighted crops tool is annoying as well to one who has harvested multiple thousands of pineapples... they seem to try to grab your tool and send it to the next row. I would love an option to just turn those off. The already known about glitch of double hiring to get rid of the plow tool has shown me that it is much smoother, and quicker to plow without it.

Thanks guys... you ARE doing an awesome job... and I am just trying to put in my two cents... I gave it a week after the fix to get a real feel for it.

Dan

This is something that is repeatedly requested to no avail. If the game developers truly made an attempt to make it user friendly, it would be addressed.

It's like, we have a hover tool (harvest & plow) AND a highlight cue on the field. That gives TWO visual feedback methods. One is not needed.

The tools (including the planting bag) are like dragging around lead weights. I don't understand why we can't just use the mouse pointer.

However. With the new lag version, I'm not that interested in playing at all. So, I'm not going to dicker over visuals.

Charo
Jan 04 2010, 12:18 AM
I ran out of money while planting because I bought a ton of expensive trees. It would be nice if the planting situation was like the fuel - if you run out of money, it doesn't wait until after you have seeded the whole thing to tell you.

Why is stuff not registering and saving upon click? Are you secretly hoping people will disconnect or something, and thus save the server a few seconds of work?

newdawn
Jan 04 2010, 05:18 AM
Its awesome what you've done.
Great improvement..Its all working fine for me.
The best its ever been this new and improved way :)
Nice and quick! Love it! :)
Thanks You Developer gods! *wink*

newdawn
Jan 04 2010, 05:22 AM
Why do the screens all pause and flash while plowing and harvesting? Ever since the maintenance update. Also, ever since then I am not able to use my Seeder or harvester, even though I have alot of fuel? Keep you cache nice and clean..
Also clean your java cache and you shouldnt get the pause and flash.
Least that works for me..Try it :)

dixiegirl
Jan 04 2010, 07:15 AM
since one day last week I had been working good and with this new release things had been wonderful.... until today.

I am level 60. Last week I had been shifted to WF8 server and things had been working great. No problems working on my or others farms. Today I logged in and my server has been changed to WF5. this is not a good thing. I have tried repeatly to hire but none of my request are recieved. This is with friends. They can not see me. I logged in and back out. I rebooted my computer. Please fix this or change me backto WF8.
I love this game but all of the problems since Dec 22 are getting so old. I appreciate that the Dev are trying to improve the game but this last didnt work. It's Beta and that is what it is about ... learning what works... This didnt.

In addition. On this server I am having a hard time planting. It is extremely slow and times out again and again. No one else there just me working on my own farm. I seem to crawl across the farm.

I logged on this morning to find that Iam back on server WF8.....THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!! :) Happy Farmer here!!!!!;)

Krafty Karen
Jan 04 2010, 07:52 AM
I must agree...this new release is absolutely horrendous! I harvest for my friend everyday and now I have to wait forever for the coins to add up while she is finished doing my farm and she has had to wait up to an hour to rehire me so I can plow her fields. This coin counting after the fact is a mess and causing me grief. I can't even rehire her to work for me until all the coins are counted up. Please put the game back so we can play in a decent time frame!!!

puzzler2
Jan 04 2010, 09:10 AM
i,m fed up being hired to harvest then plow
only to wait too long to plow
by the time my coins have caught up
the fields are all plowed.
and when i hire some one to plow
i pay for the whole farmer to plow all the firld
when i refresh only half of it done
i got to pay to have it done again
can you please fix this

Baberuth
Jan 04 2010, 11:41 AM
how do I revert back to grass from plowed fields tried to delete but this dosent happen

babybumblebee
Jan 04 2010, 01:30 PM
Just some feedback on this latest update. It's been working fine for me, but twice now since this latest update I've witnessed someone who comes to my farm and doesn't get the XP they should. Today was a hire to plow and I noticed that even though she said she was done plowing, the fields were still highlighting like she was plowing (and EXTREMELY slowly). I told her she probably should wait a little bit for it to catch up - she didn't and it only ended up plowing half. I assume she lost the XP because I had to hire someone else to finish.

Also a note to those who pay no attention to the chat feature - someone could be telling you that you're losing XP and you have no idea because you never look at it!!

raynorcp
Jan 04 2010, 05:35 PM
Dear Moderators,

How many comments do we need to post to reverse "Black Friday".

I was but back on server 54 today and it is even slower than before. I was on server 9 this weekend thinking these problems were on their way to being solved. I'm level 60 with two full farms. I can plant my own farm and hit save and the results are immediate. Plowing is extremely slow and harvesting is even slower. If I am harvesting/plowing at someones farm, they see my avatar moving quickly (which it does). The issue are the coins/xps calculating - it is painfully (and I do mean painfully) slow.

IF I was losing xps before (the reason for the "upgrade"), I will gladly suffer going back to losing them again to get the speed up. A full farm (approx 758 plots) is taking well over an hour to get harvested and plowed.

Sapai
Jan 04 2010, 07:27 PM
Dear Moderators,

How many comments do we need to post to reverse "Black Friday".

I was but back on server 54 today and it is even slower than before. I was on server 9 this weekend thinking these problems were on their way to being solved. I'm level 60 with two full farms. I can plant my own farm and hit save and the results are immediate. Plowing is extremely slow and harvesting is even slower. If I am harvesting/plowing at someones farm, they see my avatar moving quickly (which it does). The issue are the coins/xps calculating - it is painfully (and I do mean painfully) slow.

IF I was losing xps before (the reason for the "upgrade"), I will gladly suffer going back to losing them again to get the speed up. A full farm (approx 758 plots) is taking well over an hour to get harvested and plowed.

How many comments must we make? It is a NIGHTMARE.

Harvesting my field, one harvester gets kicked off. Second farmer times out during plow. Finish it myself.

Harvesting my neighbor's field, TIME OUT during harvest. Reload, resume. TIME OUT during last part of plow. This time I just sat there until it finished counting coins, clicked disconnect from mainframe and then reconnect to mainframe. Doesn't reload until I return to my farm.

Absolute NIGHTMARE.

ETA: I've certainly learned a lesson about spending real American dollars on a BETA game. Never again.

Mishy
Jan 04 2010, 08:00 PM
Since the improvement on the latest new release....which is great, btw... I am having problems with a touchy cursor. I click once with the intention of hiring a person; I've gone to their farm or added them to my buddy list (again & again)...I click once with the intention of ignoring a person; a window opens asking whether I want that person to go to my first or second farm (to harvest or plow)...I click the save icon; a window also opens asking if I want to go to my neighbours farm now.

Please tweak so it isn't as sensitive. Thank you :)

mountainmolly
Jan 04 2010, 08:06 PM
I would like to say Thank You to the developers for working on the program. Things are so much better for me. However, the time it takes to collect and save the coins and xp's is too much. I usually leave the farm because I tend to be the only farmer still waiting (even though other farmers have harvested, already gotten hired to plow, finished plowing, and moved on) and I am still seeing coins and xp's collecting from harvesting. I timed it once when I was the only one working the field and it was 45 minutes to transfer from harvesting to plowing, and then 50 minutes before the farmer saw the fields plowed and I could go home without bumping myself out of the game. Happy New Year in 2010.

Jean Horstman Steele
Jan 04 2010, 09:07 PM
nightmare today. I got hired to harvest - fine. very slow but fine. then they hired me to plow and that is when the nightmare began. it refused to refresh the farm and hire me to plow - I think it was behind in saving coins. Eventually I got hired to plow ok - by which time the other employees had grabbed most of the plowing.
I then got hired to harvest on another farm - great. Then they tried to rehire me to plow - nightmare again. after 3 attempts they added me to their buddy list and I did the same and eventually managed to get home. But no - they had not been added to buddy list at all. luckily they had me and managed to send me a message so I could follow the green man and get over there to be hired. After I had finished plowing the coins and xps continued to change for over 5 minutes after the last field showed as plowed to me.
this new release is not good. there must be some sort of saving issue that needs addressing.
please get it sorted asap please.

I had a great job harvesting a few minutes ago. The farmer was not able to hire me to plow, so she added me to her Buddy List. Before I left her farm, I checked that she was on my Buddy List... and she was. So, I went home. When I went to my Buddy List.... gone! So what's up with that?!!! She probably thinks I'm a total flake! :eek:

Also, yesterday, I plowed a huge farm for a Buddy, and when I got that nasty "server timed out message" and came back to my buddy, half the plowing I did was gone. And what's up with THAT?!!!

In addition, I am sick to death of the Server Timed Out message. :mad: I follow all the instructions for clearing my cache/browser history, etc., and have taken FT out of my FB applications list and re-entered it, and I have upgraded my Flash Player and uninstalled old versions of it. Oddly, some players tell me they never see the message. It used to be that I could hit the floppy save ikon and that would solve the problem, but NOT ANYMORE!!!

SunnyD
Jan 04 2010, 09:15 PM
Someone in here mentioned to clear the flash cache? or am I wrong? can you do that? and will that help with the time outs and the jerky screen on the game? I have looked and looked I may of misunderstood something... If I did I apologize....Also I wonder If anyone else is having trouble with the FB chat interfering with this game... I am for real.. Maybe it is my computer..It has just started the past couple of weeks ..

Krafty Karen
Jan 04 2010, 09:46 PM
There are some serious issues with this new release. This morning I harvested, then plowed for a friend. After 1 hour of leaving my computer on I was still trapped at her farm with coins still counting. I am unable to hire her to work for me, or even leave her farm while the coins are still racking up. This delayed response in the coin counting is causing many people a lot of grief. I feel you should roll the game back to the way it was before for harvesting and plowing. Perhaps too many people are leaving the farm they are working on before letting it finish and that is why they were losing coins. However this new version has gone beyond rediculous for many of us. Until you can find a better way to tally the coins in a more timely matter I think you should roll the game back so we can regain a bit of sanity here.

Krafty Karen
Jan 04 2010, 09:50 PM
If you are using Internet Explorer go to the Tools Button and choose Internet Options, then on the Internet Options Tab you choose Browsing History, and then Delete, that should clear your cache. In Mozilla Firefox choose Tools, Options and on the Network Tab choose Offline Storage and Clear Now. These options will clear you cache. Hope this is of some help to you.

grandmajoyce21
Jan 04 2010, 10:00 PM
When I am hired I get half way through the harvest and the fields stop being harvested. They look like they are harvested for me but the farm owner sees that they are not. It is the same with plowing. In order for me to be hired to plow I have to leave the farm and come back several times. This does not work if you are hired at the market, there is no way to come back. Please see what you can do to help me. Thanks.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=sk_site&cid=sk_site (link to my farm)

SunnyD
Jan 04 2010, 10:27 PM
the browser I know how to clear but thank you perhaps that will assist others. very kind of you.. I was wondering if i had misread and there was something to clearing the Flash that it the program has a cache .....

If you are using Internet Explorer go to the Tools Button and choose Internet Options, then on the Internet Options Tab you choose Browsing History, and then Delete, that should clear your cache. In Mozilla Firefox choose Tools, Options and on the Network Tab choose Offline Storage and Clear Now. These options will clear you cache. Hope this is of some help to you.

Fair Field
Jan 05 2010, 12:16 AM
Here are the issues I am having:
1.) I click to plant Eggplant and Brocculi is planted-two days ago.
2.) Hard to control my mouse, it's like on ice or something. Since everything is slowed down it's not a big deal but it doesn't feel right.
3.) Haven't ever been able to read my messages when I am working on another farm, have to go home to read them.
4.) Why is this game so slow? Since Dec 22 update i haven't been able to work for anybody, only for myself, and i even got timed out messages at my own FARM.
5.) Still takes to long to tally up points, and I don't think I am getting paid the right amount. I worked for two farmers tonight and the game isn't right.
I had everything working just fine before all these updates. I wish it worked like before. I really miss Farm Town. Please fix this.

The Spicy Pickle
Jan 05 2010, 12:23 AM
Here are the issues I am having:
1.) I click to plant Eggplant and Brocculi is planted-two days ago.
2.) Hard to control my mouse, it's like on ice or something. Since everything is slowed down it's not a big deal but it doesn't feel right.
3.) Haven't ever been able to read my messages when I am working on another farm, have to go home to read them.
4.) Why is this game so slow? Since Dec 22 update i haven't been able to work for anybody, only for myself, and i even got timed out messages at my own FARM.
5.) Still takes to long to tally up points, and I don't think I am getting paid the right amount. I worked for two farmers tonight and the game isn't right.
I had everything working just fine before all these updates. I wish it worked like before. I really miss Farm Town. Please fix this.

Hear hear....not on all of it...but this stuff:

2. My mouse doesn't feel like it's on ice more like it's on crack. Skipping and jumping around while plowing, not highlighting the plot to be clicked on and not activating when I do click.

3. Can't recall the last time I was able to read a message while NOT at home. This has caused me to miss out on some harvesting/plowing at buddie's farms.

4. I've been dealing with the molasses in January below freezing speeds until tonight when another player called me a COW during a job at someone else's farm. She called me a COW! Mooooooooooo. Moving on to something else more like. I've been VERY patient with all this stuff and now ppl are calling me names. Used to be ppl were patient and understanding, seems like it's wearing thin.

5. I'm not so concerned about the points/xp because for me it seems like it's in order but the speed....holy buckets it's so slow it's almost backwards....that's some SLOOOOOW SLOW....SLOW....action right there.

Guess this is a sign to go play my games elsewhere for some time. Even harvesting and plowing at neighbors (where it's like fun and a favor) is SLOW.

Please you guys....I know you're concentrating on getting things lined up but can you PLEASE SPEED it up too?

Thank you

lbanta
Jan 05 2010, 01:11 AM
:mad::mad:I just tried to plant Rosemary on my two farms and I am grieved to say that it was the last straw for me. I don't enjoy this game anymore. It is slow and tedious again. I hate it and won't go back to playing it that way. So Thank you for 48 levels and many many months of joy and the fun building this farm of mine. But it is over. Good luck I hope you work it all out for those that are willing to stick with you thru this rediculous turn of events that have followed the update of Dec 22. Once Again Thank You.:mad:

matildapadoan
Jan 05 2010, 02:25 AM
I am probably in the wrong thread now, but i dont know where to post this problem:
when I harvest, i get my coins imidiately. I do not get the choice of storage to sell at the market later. What do I do?

Kelsey
Jan 05 2010, 07:02 AM
I am probably in the wrong thread now, but i dont know where to post this problem:
when I harvest, i get my coins imidiately. I do not get the choice of storage to sell at the market later. What do I do?

You must be self harvesting? When you first click on an item with the scythe to harvest you get 2 choices - harvest & sell and harvest & store, after you click on one you get a pop up asking if you want to use that for the remainder of your session. If you click yes then you will not get the first options again. Next time make sure you choose the second option to harvest & store - you get more money that way and you will see the crops in your storage.

farmer girly
Jan 05 2010, 08:20 AM
Hi all im having trouble with fb ft when i harvest someone field my avatar goes quick but i have to wait for 45 mins for my coins to finish it and it is the same when i plow the game isnt fun anymore can u pls sort it out and go back to how it use to be when u clicked on the harvest or plow u get the coins and points str8 away thank you

dancing_without_bras
Jan 05 2010, 08:33 AM
What I would like to know IS...WHY hasnt the problems with Gifts not accepting on Myspace been addressed. They come in to my MS emai. i open it, clik on accept nd get sent to either my farm or send gifts. Lo and behold I dont have the gift Ive been sent. And my neighbours are prolific gift givers, as am I. Oh yeah nd they have the same problems not just with gifts from me. Out of 30 odd neighbours the only ones whose gifts open and accept properly are the first 5 that i added when i first played FT on MS. Whch is about 6 months after i started playin in FB.. HAve no probs with the FB version of the App.
MySpace say its a slashkey prob. What does Slashkey say.... Would uninstalling the game and re installing it help me at all? Ive done the whole Adobe.com thing and its made no difference.

Kelsey
Jan 05 2010, 09:56 AM
What I would like to know IS...WHY hasnt the problems with Gifts not accepting on Myspace been addressed. They come in to my MS emai. i open it, clik on accept nd get sent to either my farm or send gifts. Lo and behold I dont have the gift Ive been sent. And my neighbours are prolific gift givers, as am I. Oh yeah nd they have the same problems not just with gifts from me. Out of 30 odd neighbours the only ones whose gifts open and accept properly are the first 5 that i added when i first played FT on MS. Whch is about 6 months after i started playin in FB.. HAve no probs with the FB version of the App.
MySpace say its a slashkey prob. What does Slashkey say.... Would uninstalling the game and re installing it help me at all? Ive done the whole Adobe.com thing and its made no difference.

No matter what MS has said, it is definitely THEIR problem. Slashkey has 100% zero control over how MS allows us to receive gifts. I can only receive gifts from 2 out of my 20 (down from 4). Slashkey has given some info and workarounds that may work for some people. Have you tried the official problems receiving gifts thread?

Kelsey
Jan 05 2010, 09:56 AM
Hi all im having trouble with fb ft when i harvest someone field my avatar goes quick but i have to wait for 45 mins for my coins to finish it and it is the same when i plow the game isnt fun anymore can u pls sort it out and go back to how it use to be when u clicked on the harvest or plow u get the coins and points str8 away thank you

Would you please confirm that your settings have not reverted? Make sure that wait for each plow/plant/harvest is not checked.

SPOTSROCK
Jan 05 2010, 10:06 AM
this is crazy .. will get coin counts flying all around me while harvesting.. THEN BAM get nothing at all... i sit and wait and hit save...and wait and wait... then a few coins will start to fly and catch up with me...

I start to harvest again... numbers flying... BAM nothing.. wait / wait / hit save wait somemore... coins then start up again to catch up with me...

I am harvesting slowly .. point click point click... no power clicking ...

facebook...

PLEASE figure out what is going on... this is not fun anymore... my poor neighbors can't even load the game anymore since the ''' UPDATE''''

HELP...

Sweet San
Jan 05 2010, 04:10 PM
I used to be able to hire to plow, but now I cannot. Why is that?:(

Franklyn
Jan 05 2010, 04:37 PM
Just hired a neighbour to harvest then plough. Oh my God how slow? anyway after waiting not so patiently for all the ploughing to be done. I tried to re-hire him to do my second farm. It took 4 attemps and we both had to quit the game before I could re-hire. When I went back to my farm there was only a small section that was ploughed. He did get all coins and points though. I have had to hire another farmer to finish the job. This time it was completed very quickly and was still done when I reload game. Repeat of problem on second farm! How annoying!

SunnyD
Jan 05 2010, 04:40 PM
I used to be able to hire to plow, but now I cannot. Why is that?:(

Check your neighbor status.. some may have left FT you need 10 neighbors to hire to plow...

Mary Johnston
Jan 05 2010, 05:49 PM
Why do you think we need the pop up messages to randomly visit neighbors, even if we are planting? What is wrong with people just reading the rules?

raynorcp
Jan 05 2010, 07:49 PM
181 comments mostly complaints - is that not enough?

Back on server 54 - slower than it has ever been.

Developers/Moderators - please address this. Give us feedback. Is someone working on it? Do I need a new computer? More memory? Higher speed for Internet? Cause I've done everything else recommended which has not helped.

My avatar goes fast. I even get in my own way. Person who hires me says they can see how fast the avatar moves. So it has to be the calculation at the server - which was not a problem before the infamous upgrade.

Talk to us!

JHG57
Jan 05 2010, 08:52 PM
I do not think they are listening ... or maybe they do not care. I wonder why a SlashKey Employee doesn't come in here and talk ...

Kim81685
Jan 05 2010, 09:55 PM
i think they listen very well (to problems) and react very quickly... good work... as for suggestions to additions (to game and forum)... a little slow, but i expect after glitches are worked out, new features will be added...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Kim

GreenMogul
Jan 05 2010, 10:10 PM
i think they listen very well (to problems) and react very quickly... good work... as for suggestions to additions (to game and forum)... a little slow, but i expect after glitches are worked out, new features will be added...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Kim

FINALLY, one GOOD, HAPPY, GRATEFUL comment from someone. I know there have been others, but the negative responses outweigh the positive. Cheers Kim, Good on ya.

dsscheibe
Jan 05 2010, 11:33 PM
It runs on and off, some times when hiring people to harvest and plant it runs fast and then the next day it will run very slow like today. It took well over 5 minutes for the game to catch up to the person who plowed. Seems worse on plowing than on harvesting. The plots will show cross hatched with a % in the middle of them like they do when I'm planting. If the person plowing leaves before the game processes it, it stops at the point they left and never finshes.

Krafty Karen
Jan 05 2010, 11:42 PM
the browser I know how to clear but thank you perhaps that will assist others. very kind of you.. I was wondering if i had misread and there was something to clearing the Flash that it the program has a cache .....

Go to this website:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

Allow it to load and click on the delete all sites button. That will clean out your flash player.

Sapai
Jan 06 2010, 12:05 AM
I do not think they are listening ... or maybe they do not care. I wonder why a SlashKey Employee doesn't come in here and talk ...

I'm thinking at this point that the issue of some people not receiving points has been addressed by just making such a cluster that no one knows what is going on.

The OP says we will not SEE "Already Done". It does NOT say it won't happen; just that we won't SEE it. On multiple hire farms, with all the slash marks and people roaming and coin counts floating in the ether, there is absolutely no way to determine if we have been paid or what did or did not pay. Complete chaos. So, no one is complaining about not getting points any more, are they.

Blexcroid
Jan 06 2010, 05:50 AM
this is crazy .. will get coin counts flying all around me while harvesting.. THEN BAM get nothing at all... i sit and wait and hit save...and wait and wait... then a few coins will start to fly and catch up with me...

I start to harvest again... numbers flying... BAM nothing.. wait / wait / hit save wait somemore... coins then start up again to catch up with me...

I am harvesting slowly .. point click point click... no power clicking ...

facebook...

PLEASE figure out what is going on... this is not fun anymore... my poor neighbors can't even load the game anymore since the ''' UPDATE''''

HELP...

Sometimes you get the "crappy" plow or scythe (the slower than sludge one). Several times it has happened to me. The owner farmer has rehired me and the fast plow and scythe return.

It seems to be some sort of glitch.

Patsy Anne
Jan 06 2010, 07:28 AM
Please can something be done about the slow saving of coins and xps - it seems to be a prob for many who visit this forum and I know, having recently chatted to others who don't visit/use the forum that its not just the few here that have the same problem!

It wouldn't be so bad if everyone was in the same boat but we're not! I was experimenting with two plowers on my farm this morning and the one who is on the same server as me, WF25, moved and saved as quickly as she clicked on squares so she finished everything at the same time - the other did the same thing as i do when being hired - avatar miles behind quickly crossed out squares - painful collection of xps and coins - unable to move/work til collected.NB - If I go to harvest/plow to my neighbour who is on the same server I still have the same problems - and I have the same experience whoever I work for and group work is just impossible - my feet are in a bucket of cement and i am always the last to finish/change/leave :(

I follow this forum regularly so I know about all the suggestions and do clean caches endlessly; have Mozilla set to clear on quitting; use CCLeaner and have done the Adobe things suggested. (Even updated all drivers). Thank goodness i don't (yet) get the "time out" and some things have improved in the last week (already done for one) BUT

Like raynorcp says - if only someone would give us a clue as to why the playing field is still so different for players? Is it something I can correct or is it down to the game devs - in other words do i need to sort hardware or the internet connection OR should i be patient for the dev to complete their work? please just tell us! %(

candlelight
Jan 06 2010, 08:42 AM
From post by Patsy Anne: "Like raynorcp says - if only someone would give us a clue as to why the playing field is still so different for players? Is it something I can correct or is it down to the game devs - in other words do i need to sort hardware or the internet connection OR should i be patient for the dev to complete their work? please just tell us!"

The other evening I had two neighbours working for me on one of my farms. One neighbour absolutely belted through the plots with her coins / XPs crediting immediately. The other had incredibly bad lag problems and server time out problems.

We talked about it and compared notes. The main difference we could identify between the two players was their internet connection. The zippy one has cable broadband and the poor lagger uses a mobile broadband dongle.

I've also chatted with others and a fair number who have lag problems have 2 Gb or less of RAM on their computers.

I have no doubt that there are also Slashkey server issues at work here but too many people blame them entirely and I don't think that is fair.

The real answer is probably that there are a number of contributory factors, some of which Slashkey can address and others that the players need to address or to accept.

hinesc
Jan 06 2010, 10:32 AM
My farm has been messed up for days. One of my fields plows okay and the other won't plow at all even though it gives coins to the plower over and over and takes from me; in the end, after several plow overs, it is still un plowed. When moving my farm around, several items don't show up until farm is in a certain position on the screen. Sometimes field show up as grass. It has been very frustrating!

FarmerBob-JG
Jan 06 2010, 10:34 AM
I'm finding when I hire people to plow etc the fields they have clicked on come up with the percentage bar, then if for any reason I have to leave my farm before they have 'fully' finished and their avatar has gone to every field still with a percentage bar, when I come back those fields are not done, but I seem to have paid for them to be done. it's getting a bit annoying that I have to seem to hang around my farm whilst I wait for employees to fully finish the job, when before I could leave them to it whilst I went off to get on with other things

candlelight
Jan 06 2010, 10:38 AM
I'm finding when I hire people to plow etc the fields they have clicked on come up with the percentage bar, then if for any reason I have to leave my farm before they have 'fully' finished and their avatar has gone to every field still with a percentage bar, when I come back those fields are not done, but I seem to have paid for them to be done. it's getting a bit annoying that I have to seem to hang around my farm whilst I wait for employees to fully finish the job, when before I could leave them to it whilst I went off to get on with other things

Wait a bit longer and refresh again. If the employee stayed until all their coins / XPs credited and plots cleared then those plots should also clear for you even though the progress bar has disappeared.

I have one neighbour with severe lag problems on clearing the plots. If I go away and come back the progress bars are gone but the fields do continue to disappear.

Patsy Anne
Jan 06 2010, 10:47 AM
Tks candlelight :)
My pc does have less than 2Gb RAM and its something i had wondered about - you appear to have confirmed a suspicion and I'll explore that avenue pdq! it relatively easy to address - ebay here i come!

placl8
Jan 06 2010, 12:14 PM
I just want to add my $.02. I've never had a problem here but Farmville is another story. There are so many glitches over there, it's frustrating as hell. It's going on right now. BTW, I don't have any connection with Farmtown other than I play it.

OverTheRainbow
Jan 06 2010, 03:39 PM
The only problem I have is "connection timed out" message on EVERY job I work, harvesting or plowing. I now only play every couple of days, just to see if this problem is still occurring, and it is. Very frustrating. I love this game, but I'm tired of that error message every time I try to harvest or plow. Clicking the SAVE button does not help. I am a FB user. Please address this problem.

DARLENEW
Jan 06 2010, 03:53 PM
I ALSO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY FIELDS BEING PLOWED, NOT SHOWING UP AS PLOWED..SOMETIMES I HAVE TO REFRESH 3-4 TIMES BEFORE THEY ARE PLOWED, OR I HAVE TO PLOW THE PLOTS MYSELF....IT'S JUST FRUSTRATING:rolleyes:

Sapai
Jan 06 2010, 04:48 PM
And we ARE seeing "Already Done". At least a dozen of them before I clicked out of the game on a two hire job. The main complaint hasn't been resolved.

And constant time outs trying to water neighbor's flowers. No part of the game is functional.

GreenMogul
Jan 06 2010, 05:09 PM
No part of the game is functional.

If this was the case, No one would be able to play the game. Think about it. Come on.

lcswdonna
Jan 06 2010, 05:34 PM
For the most part, things are going swimmingly on my end. Sorry there are still problems, can you imagine what this must be like for the programmers, come on people, give them a break. Over a million people getting onto a game and interacting with each other, I cannot even imagine putting this together. I know after the first Dec upgrade I did offer my experience, I will continue to give feedback so they know what is going on and can work with it, but I just want you all to know that this many people playing a game must mean it is really a great experience. Thanks for all your hard work.

CYNDIDAWG
Jan 06 2010, 06:30 PM
This is the only place i can find to add something and or make a comment/ask a question....I have had several people try to add me as a neighbor and vice versa,,,we don't get added...What is the problem with this? When will it be fixed.? It seems to have started about the time you all did this new fix....Please fix ASAP !!!

candlelight
Jan 06 2010, 06:41 PM
This is the only place i can find to add something and or make a comment/ask a question....I have had several people try to add me as a neighbor and vice versa,,,we don't get added...What is the problem with this? When will it be fixed.? It seems to have started about the time you all did this new fix....Please fix ASAP !!!

Please read the top post in this Official thread and post in there with all information requested:

OFFICIAL Adding New Neighbors
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198190

SunnyD
Jan 06 2010, 06:52 PM
Go to this website:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

Allow it to load and click on the delete all sites button. That will clean out your flash player.

You are wonderful Karen thank you so much for this information.... I am going there now.....

SunnyD
Jan 06 2010, 07:18 PM
You are wonderful Karen thank you so much for this information.... I am going there now.....

Well shoot that link didn't work and again I searched their site for something the only thing I can find is to remove the player........ Thanks though....... I will keep hunting.. If anyone else knows perhaps you can assist..... Thank you so much Karen for you assit.....

candlelight
Jan 06 2010, 07:24 PM
Well shoot that link didn't work and again I searched their site for something the only thing I can find is to remove the player........ Thanks though....... I will keep hunting.. If anyone else knows perhaps you can assist..... Thank you so much Karen for you assit.....

Sleepy, be very, very careful. External links are not supposed to be posted in this forum as the mods don't have the time to check them out and make sure they are safe. Always do your own research on anything anyone recommends and please don't go rushing off to any site and downloading something you haven't checked out thoroughly.

bl'sfarm
Jan 06 2010, 07:32 PM
Ok it seems most of the issues that I was having are not occuring anymore such as the already done messages and lagging. But the time outs are driving me nuts. Every job I have done today I have been timed out. This is the first day it has been this bad for me.

Thanks devs for all your work, I really like the upgrades. It would be great to not be timed out constantly though :)

SunnyD
Jan 06 2010, 07:42 PM
Sleepy, be very, very careful. External links are not supposed to be posted in this forum as the mods don't have the time to check them out and make sure they are safe. Always do your own research on anything anyone recommends and please don't go rushing off to any site and downloading something you haven't checked out thoroughly.

Your so right and thank you for letting me know to be careful....... It is for the adobe site.. but I do understand as there can be bogus sites mimicing the real thing..

Molly Mew
Jan 06 2010, 07:43 PM
Go to this website:

Just a side note about this post..

Whilst we don't generally allow unauthorised external links on the forum, the moderation team has decided to let this one remain, as it could be helpful to many players.
Thanks Karen. :)

Charo
Jan 06 2010, 08:51 PM
From post by Patsy Anne: "Like raynorcp says - if only someone would give us a clue as to why the playing field is still so different for players? Is it something I can correct or is it down to the game devs - in other words do i need to sort hardware or the internet connection OR should i be patient for the dev to complete their work? please just tell us!"

The other evening I had two neighbours working for me on one of my farms. One neighbour absolutely belted through the plots with her coins / XPs crediting immediately. The other had incredibly bad lag problems and server time out problems.

We talked about it and compared notes. The main difference we could identify between the two players was their internet connection. The zippy one has cable broadband and the poor lagger uses a mobile broadband dongle.

I've also chatted with others and a fair number who have lag problems have 2 Gb or less of RAM on their computers.

I have no doubt that there are also Slashkey server issues at work here but too many people blame them entirely and I don't think that is fair.

The real answer is probably that there are a number of contributory factors, some of which Slashkey can address and others that the players need to address or to accept.
Thanks for this. I tend to be zippy, but I saw someone today who totally didn't get any credit for her work. She moved quickly but all I saw was harvests queueing without clearing. I had to hire someone behind her to finish the job, and it was like half the farm. I feel terrible that it happened but even as I rehired her, she still saw the farm as done.

lil sassy
Jan 06 2010, 08:54 PM
All I have to say is that when I harvest/plow it seems to take forever to even get done, Ill have clicked everything and it will take another 15 minutes just to have the server catch up and give me my coins/exp points. It has been happening ever since the "new" upgrade has started. I don't know how much more I am willing to continue playing this game. Something needs to be done!!!

JHG57
Jan 06 2010, 09:11 PM
I hire 1 person at a time ... it took 4 ... yes FOUR!! different harvesters to get 900 plots of sage out of the ground. Never had a problem before the December FUBAR that they called an Update! That said, I m getting quite a bit of satisfaction in Farmville.

eddiedoolittle
Jan 06 2010, 09:23 PM
I really like this game, but like some of the others, I'm getting frustrated at the slow catch up of the coins. i just started playing in Nov of 09, and I didn't have this problem. Maybe it is the upgrade and maybe it isn't. but please check into it for us.
Thank you for the game and all the time you put into it.

rrsager
Jan 06 2010, 10:44 PM
I have a major problem. I have a big black rectangular box all the way across the bottom of the Farm Town screen while it appears to start loading. It starts to load with the wavy line and 0% and then the line stops moving, it stays at 0% and the black box stays on the screen. This has been going on for over 2 weeks now. I've cleaned my cache and updated my flash player so many times. I have dial up and not high speed so I'm used to slow but I can get on. This is my one fun thing I get to do. Please help or I quit!

Krafty Karen
Jan 06 2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks Molly,

The link for Macromedia Flash Player is a legitimate site, and one that I found reading through the forum quite sometime ago. I use it on a regular basis along with the CCleaner application to help keep my computer clean. I do find that the flash player runs much smoother using this site as I had been having trouble with the games getting glitchy. As I use FireFox browser the CCleaner application cleans all of this stuff, it is a great utility for anyone who would like to give it a try and it is free to download. Hope this information can help a few who try the applications. I do clean out my computer on a regular basis, however I am one of the unlucky ones experiencing the difficulties discussed in this thread regarding the December 22nd upgrade. I do hope they can resolve some of these problems soon as I don't have 2 hours a day to help one friend harvest and plow anymore. It has become very frustrating to play anymore. I use Facebook for Farm Town gaming. When harvesting or plowing I must stand in the corner paralyzed until all the coins have caught up with me and I cannot leave the farm I am on to go onto other things.

poopoopeedoo
Jan 07 2010, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=questions and answers?;2967382]Same thing happened to me... numbers were flying everywhere.... I should have leveled up and didn't heck I might have even lost XP....also...the time it takes to count coins up and XP is extremely SLOW....I wait and wait at the MP...won't let me be hired, or hire or even move until it's done...on a big farm I have to wait 10 minutes sometimes...cleared cache and all that but it's getting worse[/QUOTE

I can harvest and plow at great speed however the problem is the catching up and saving. I start at one side of the farm and get finished only to see that the coins are only adding one at a time slowly on the side where I started. Will not let me do anything till it catches up to me then lets me know it is saved. This only happens on other farms I work. On my farm everything is as it should be. I work along just fine, hit the save button, it saves and I am free to move on to something else. Have cleared cache, gotten internet explorer 8 and checked the game requirements and still I am having this problem.....HELP PLEASE!:confused:

SunnyD
Jan 07 2010, 12:19 AM
Thanks Molly,

The link for Macromedia Flash Player is a legitimate site, and one that I found reading through the forum quite sometime ago. I use it on a regular basis along with the CCleaner application to help keep my computer clean. I do find that the flash player runs much smoother using this site as I had been having trouble with the games getting glitchy. As I use FireFox browser the CCleaner application cleans all of this stuff, it is a great utility for anyone who would like to give it a try and it is free to download. Hope this information can help a few who try the applications. I do clean out my computer on a regular basis, however I am one of the unlucky ones experiencing the difficulties discussed in this thread regarding the December 22nd upgrade. I do hope they can resolve some of these problems soon as I don't have 2 hours a day to help one friend harvest and plow anymore. It has become very frustrating to play anymore. I use Facebook for Farm Town gaming. When harvesting or plowing I must stand in the corner paralyzed until all the coins have caught up with me and I cannot leave the farm I am on to go onto other things.

Hey Karen Is that CCleaner at Adobe there to only use if you are removing the Adobe Flash? Or is it to clean the program? I went there to see and maybe I am misunderstand Or am in the wrong area of the site. I'm not stupid Just not getting it or perhaps on the wrong area of the Adobe site.
Thank you Karen for your help.
SunnyD aka Sunshine

Sapai
Jan 07 2010, 01:54 AM
Hey Karen Is that CCleaner at Adobe there to only use if you are removing the Adobe Flash? Or is it to clean the program? I went there to see and maybe I am misunderstand Or am in the wrong area of the site. I'm not stupid Just not getting it or perhaps on the wrong area of the Adobe site.
Thank you Karen for your help.
SunnyD aka Sunshine

Ccleaner is not Adobe. It is here (free):
http://www.ccleaner.com/

It cleans a type of Flash file that regular cache cleaning does not remove.
(Local Shared Object)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Shared_Object

Faeden
Jan 07 2010, 08:05 AM
I cannot scroll down in the market, so the only things I can buy are from the top of each screen.

candlelight
Jan 07 2010, 08:12 AM
I cannot scroll down in the market, so the only things I can buy are from the top of each screen.

Try using the up and down keys on your keyboard once you are in the store window.

farmergaylord
Jan 07 2010, 08:46 AM
Facebook User

Here's what I noticed in the last couple of days. In the past I almost always connected to the WF-13 mainframe. Starting this past Tuesday and continuing through yesterday I was connecting to (I'm sorry, I don't remember exactly) WF-40-something. All was well for those two days. This morning I noticed I was back to WF-13 and some of the usual problems had come back. (I started getting charged to do just about anything including simply moving from one farm to another. I even got charged to harvest rather than collecting coins, and when I hired someone to harvest my second farm it was DOG slow-going. Don't know if it's just WF-13 that's acting up, but it kinda seems that way since that's the only thing that changed, and when I wasn't on it, the game ran pretty well. [Cache is cleared regularly/latest version of Flash is installed]

Faeden
Jan 07 2010, 09:52 AM
Thank you for the suggestion, candlelight. Sounded like a good idea, but it didn't work. I've tried everything I can think of. Am I the only one having this problem?

piccpete
Jan 07 2010, 12:05 PM
[quote=questions and answers?;2967382]Same thing happened to me... numbers were flying everywhere.... I should have leveled up and didn't heck I might have even lost XP....also...the time it takes to count coins up and XP is extremely SLOW....I wait and wait at the MP...won't let me be hired, or hire or even move until it's done...on a big farm I have to wait 10 minutes sometimes...cleared cache and all that but it's getting worse[/QUOTE

I can harvest and plow at great speed however the problem is the catching up and saving. I start at one side of the farm and get finished only to see that the coins are only adding one at a time slowly on the side where I started. Will not let me do anything till it catches up to me then lets me know it is saved. This only happens on other farms I work. On my farm everything is as it should be. I work along just fine, hit the save button, it saves and I am free to move on to something else. Have cleared cache, gotten internet explorer 8 and checked the game requirements and still I am having this problem.....HELP PLEASE!:confused:
This happens to me on my farm when I hire others, and others farms when they hire me. Harvest and plow gets slower and slower, then queue hangs; shows to the worker like all done - they got the coins and xps - but they are not done. :eek:
My Adobe is updated, clean cache via IE AND CCleaner, refresh, log out and back in, reboot computer; no matter what, they are not harvested or plowd. Have to hire someone again, reharvest or replow, costs xps and coins again. Don't know if anyone else having this problem?
thanks for everything.

taxpro4u03
Jan 07 2010, 05:29 PM
Raul,
Seems to be a glitch in 3rd parties plowing. They are getting Xps/$ - but SLOW. WE are NOT showing the plow work having been done (when refresh - not plowed) -however... NEIGHBORS we're seeing it and are getting paid.
We're able to HIRE others for plow (not neighbors) and they are getting paid - but the WORK is spotty and/or not showing done at all. HELP
(did not know where to submit this 'problem')
Thanks!
Mike C
taxpro4u03@yahoo.com

drwhit73
Jan 07 2010, 06:02 PM
Believe they may have issued another update today. Just went to load farmtown and it loaded from zero percent instead of pulling from the cache. This has always meant a new update when I get this. Most people wouldn't see this but since I can only get dialup, I can see it reloading since the percentages do not fly by.

candlelight
Jan 07 2010, 06:04 PM
Believe they may have issued another update today. Just went to load farmtown and it loaded from zero percent instead of pulling from the cache. This has always meant a new update when I get this. Most people wouldn't see this but since I can only get dialup, I can see it reloading since the percentages do not fly by.

A few of us suspect something similar drwhit. Strange things were happening this evening while we were going round each others' farms working.