PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 22nd, 2009 - UPDATE 4

Raul
Jan 07 2010, 06:12 PM
Hey there,

A new update has been released a couple of min ago (7:10 EST) with the following fixes:

1. The complains about the avatar been slow for some users when working for others should be now much less frequent or none at all, these should be noticeable mostly by users with slower computers.

2. Correction of the harvest counter on the storage

3. Tools are a little bit smaller now

Thanks

--Raul

candlelight
Jan 07 2010, 06:13 PM
Thank you, Raul. ;o)

drwhit73
Jan 07 2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the info.

Molly Mew
Jan 07 2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks Raul. :)

I'm sure we'll let you know of any problems. Hehehe.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 07 2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks Raul. Kudos for listening to the players :)

Tony D
Jan 07 2010, 07:47 PM
Hey there,

A new update has been released a couple of min ago (7:10 EST) with the following fixes:

1. The complains about the avatar been slow for some users when working for others should be now much less frequent or none at all, these should be noticeable mostly by users with slower computers.

Thanks

--RaulThanking you in anticipation :)

amberdh
Jan 07 2010, 07:52 PM
Thank you Raul! I just can't believe how far Farm Town has came since I started playing!! Well done :)

Capt. Conor
Jan 07 2010, 08:04 PM
as always, thanks Raul. This should help alot! :D
I wonder what the next update will be ;) ,

JAS0643
Jan 07 2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the update I will have to play around and check out the changes later tonight.

dixiegirl
Jan 07 2010, 08:18 PM
Thank youso much. I know all of this has taken time and been hard. Thank you so much for listening to the players and trying to make it better for us.
I love Farmtown!! Level 60....

anita rose
Jan 07 2010, 08:36 PM
WF2. I appreciate the updates. However, I don't see any difference. It is still taking a long time for the coins/points to finish collecting. i have a brand new machine so it's not an older, slower machine. My avatar moves very quickly. i don't have problems moving with the person on the farm... just the points. Thanks.

MandyW
Jan 07 2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks for trying but it's still just as slow as it ever was for me. Guess I'm just doomed to slow save/server timing out h e double hockey sticks. Oh how I miss the days when the points and coins would soar out of my avitars head. ;o(

p.s. this is on Myspace WMF 1.. haven't tried it on Facebook yet.

jeannieb
Jan 07 2010, 10:16 PM
same ole same oh fr me as well WF22 fb user

MandyW
Jan 07 2010, 10:38 PM
Yep sucks on facebook too. WF 50. I've mentioned this before but I don't know if anyone paid attention to it or even if it's got anything to do with it.. but I've noticed when things start to slow way down, and I go to reload I have to log back in to FB or MS (whichever one I'm on at the time) first even if I've checked on FB to keep me logged in. I don't think MS has that option.

CM Horses
Jan 07 2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks for all the updates.... I appreciate all of the wonderful things you have provided.... Here is some feed back I am sure you want to know about.....

I am finding that my avatar starts out very fast and then it gets choked down... once the counting finishes then the the avatar starts going at a good rate again. I have a new fast computer, 4GB Ram, but it does not seem to matter on a lot of the farms... I have harvested and plowed a few farms that the avatar moves on as it should... It is very frustrating for the farm owner and the worker. Does this have something to do with the servers that our farms are on? I hope you can fix this glitch...:D

ed's farm123
Jan 07 2010, 11:24 PM
I play very much and as of now, everything is working great.
Some complaints in marketplace by some about not seeing someone, but I'm not having that problem.
speed on harvesting, plowing and planting is great.

ed's farm123
Jan 07 2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks for all the updates.... I appreciate all of the wonderful things you have provided.... Here is some feed back I am sure you want to know about.....

I am finding that my avatar starts out very fast and then it gets choked down... once the counting finishes then the the avatar starts going at a good rate again. I have a new fast computer, 4GB Ram, but it does not seem to matter on a lot of the farms... I have harvested and plowed a few farms that the avatar moves on as it should... It is very frustrating for the farm owner and the worker. Does this have something to do with the servers that our farms are on? I hope you can fix this glitch...:D

I think it does. I notice when i'm working with someone else, say harvesting, that my harvesting will be much faster than the other.
consider them to be on dial up, or maybe the farm itself where you are harvesting may be on dial up. must make a difference.

tytyro
Jan 08 2010, 12:38 AM
Nothing has changed for me with the update of Dec. 22. I can harvest and plow my own farm and others but I get absolutely no experience points for anthing except plowing. If I harvest my own or others, I am awarded no points just the coins. When if ever will this be fixed. I have all but stopped playing because after all who wants to stay on the same level that long?

Tony D
Jan 08 2010, 01:50 AM
Nothing has changed for me with the update of Dec. 22. I can harvest and plow my own farm and others but I get absolutely no experience points for anthing except plowing. If I harvest my own or others, I am awarded no points just the coins. When if ever will this be fixed. I have all but stopped playing because after all who wants to stay on the same level that long?You only get experience points for ploughing ,planting not harvesting.

Julia2654
Jan 08 2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks for keeping up with us, Raul and devs!

OWP
Jan 08 2010, 09:14 AM
I am on wf45 and mine is the same as it has been for over a week. It starts out fast and after harvesting 3-4 plots it boots me,then after I get hired again and if it doesn't boot me it is fast but after harvesting around 200 plots you can see it is starting to slow down,then around 300 your guy gets behind where you are harvesting and after it gets behind so far like around 50-60 you lose connection and have to reboot the game,then when you get back its the same way either boots you or lets you harvest fast til you have done well like I said before its all the same no changes,its fine if you are hired by a friend or neighbor you can go back to the farm but if its someone from mp your out of luck,you have to get it fixed,soon

ellshere
Jan 08 2010, 10:10 AM
This has been mentioned in the past but bears repeating. The more applications and windows one has open while playing the game the more issues you will have. Streaming music from another site, and surfing the web on yet another window, and chatting away on IM your Yahoo all at the same time will indeed have an impact on your game experience regardless of the power of your computer. We all get so used to the newer more powerful machines we sometimes forget there are limits at some point. For those of you who are still slow, try cutting down just a bit on your extra activities while playing the game.

OWP
Jan 08 2010, 10:21 AM
I have evened turned all my spyblockers and virus scans off just to test mine and it still does the same thing,slows down I am running a T2500 @2.00 GHZ with 3GB of ram.So it shouldn't be slowing me down like it does just sitting here watching the task manager without doing anything on a farm it is holding at 56-65% all the time and thats on my 2nd farm with nothing but 800 plots planted with coffee. no animals no nothing.So that can't be what is slowing it down.

SirDaywalker
Jan 08 2010, 10:22 AM
This has been mentioned in the past but bears repeating. The more applications and windows one has open while playing the game the more issues you will have. Streaming music from another site, and surfing the web on yet another window, and chatting away on IM your Yahoo all at the same time will indeed have an impact on your game experience regardless of the power of your computer. We all get so used to the newer more powerful machines we sometimes forget there are limits at some point. For those of you who are still slow, try cutting down just a bit on your extra activities while playing the game.

By process of elimination, I have found this too be an exact of the
problems I was having. Thanks for repeating it. I generally shut
down the Yahoo and the AOL Radio player attached to my
Firefox before starting my Zen farming sessions.
:D

ellshere, any ideas on when there will be a new set of levels?
:confused:
Signed,

Level 60

heehee
;)

TrinityOaks
Jan 08 2010, 10:30 AM
I can harvest and plow my own farm and others but I get absolutely no experience points for anthing except plowing. If I harvest my own or others, I am awarded no points just the coins.
It has always been that way. Harvesting never gives experience points--only coins. Points come from plowing, planting, purchasing, and tending neighbors.

anita rose
Jan 08 2010, 11:10 AM
I have evened turned all my spyblockers and virus scans off just to test mine and it still does the same thing,slows down I am running a T2500 @2.00 GHZ with 3GB of ram.So it shouldn't be slowing me down like it does just sitting here watching the task manager without doing anything on a farm it is holding at 56-65% all the time and thats on my 2nd farm with nothing but 800 plots planted with coffee. no animals no nothing.So that can't be what is slowing it down.

I too have done the same to test my system over the past few weeks. i have plenty of ram, power, and internet connection and run nothing except norton in the background. I agree there's more slowing it than my apps., which are not on. :) thanks for the suggestion though... it might help others.

tjleers
Jan 08 2010, 11:54 AM
Hey there,

Thanks

--Raul

Ok well that idea didnt work so well. All morning the people working on my farms are really really slow. They are complaining and i see how slow it is and they are now waiting to collect coins and Xp again before they accept the next hire request. What happened it was so much better 2 upgrades ago?

J P Duck
Jan 08 2010, 12:08 PM
Hi I'm on WF41 and no change for me, sorry. my avartar zooms through the work but the coins can take up to an hour to catch up. I don't bother trying to plow if I have got a harvest job it is so frustrating.
I don't understand why we can't go back to the release when the coins came out of your head.
Thanks for a great game lets hope you can get us all sorted out
Thanks
JP
just been working and got booted coins still slow.

JHG57
Jan 08 2010, 12:53 PM
Wanna Fix IT?? Roll it back to the Pre-Dec 22nd Update and set up up a test bed for the Update and Fix it BEFORE you roll it out. Simple Really

JAS0643
Jan 08 2010, 02:45 PM
Wanna Fix IT?? Roll it back to the Pre-Dec 22nd Update and set up up a test bed for the Update and Fix it BEFORE you roll it out. Simple Really

The game is in beta meaning we are all beta testers for the game we are the test bed for testing out updates. As for fixing it for me and most others I have talked to it is now fixed.

I have been to the market now and the harvesting and plowing is fast I did run into the slowness that was there on some farms before but after yesterdays update it is working great now. Thank you.

SunnyD
Jan 08 2010, 03:11 PM
I thought harvesting and coin counting was faster Now I see why it is.... thanks Raul and dev's you always surprise us.. And always listen to your players.. Kudos

Texas Belle
Jan 08 2010, 03:26 PM
as always, thanks Raul. This should help alot! :D
I wonder what the next update will be ;) ,

First of all thanks Raul, you guys are wonderful...
In the wonder what the nexty update will be, and now I am going to be whinny, how about taking the halloween and Christmas items from the gifts, and maybe giving us something new? Please pretty please,
Celina

BirdSalad
Jan 08 2010, 04:35 PM
On WF56, and the coins from a harvest are clicking up just as slowly. I'm sitting now in the marketplace, not able to move, waiting for coins to click up every 10 seconds or so.

Thanks for trying, but the fix didn't work for me. Still hoping, but sure do miss being able to spend a weekend playing on FT and bumping up a level. Now I can only plant my own crops; harvesting or plowing for others just isn't worth the time I waste sitting and waiting, for me or the other farmers.

I don't have any other programs running except my AV software, and I'm on Facebook, using Firefox. This slow save problem has been going on since the first November release for me. I have a new version of flash (late December uninstall and reinstall) and the latest version of firefox. My computer is not new, but isn't decrepit, either, and I have DSL service.

Hope you can fix it soon, thanks for putting the time in trying!

BirdSalad
Jan 08 2010, 05:13 PM
Not only is my harvest slow, but AFTER I clicked on every square and my avatar harvested every square so that it showed up as harvested for me (harvesting all on my own) THEN about half way through my coin count, another worker showed up, and his avatar started jumping around like it was harvesting where my screen already showed harvested. I asked him, and sure enough, he was harvesting squares that I had already clicked on, that my avatar had already sped through like an energizer bunny, and that my screen showed as harvested.

And guess what? Now I'm sitting frozen on some dude's farm, after harvesting a full farm of raspberries (which we get paid almost nothing for, but I harvested anyway because it's all part of the game and I also will plant berried for quick points), and now I'm still stuck on the farm, not able to do anything, and NOW all my coins are not crediting, but I'm stuck here watching "already done" clicking up across the screen.

So I've quit out of the game, came back here to repost that this is even worse yet than any of the fixes you have put in since early November for me, and I will go back to only harvesting, plowing, and planting my own farm.

I'm sad. I'll hang in for a while more, because I really like this game and don't play ANY other online games because I don't really have the time, but I got addicted to FT. But the game is not the same for me, when I get so resentful about not being able to work and now other farmers are evidently mad at my slow harvesting, except I'm clicking away fast as ever and it show all harvested for me. And I can't do work for anyone because I'm stuck now waiting for stupid already done messages to clear for about 20 minutes.

Hope you can fix it - please keep trying. And in the meanwhile, if anyone has any other suggestions for me for a game that is like FT (social aspects) but works better, I'm here, reading, so I can have something fun to do on the occasional weekend.:(

GMA LJ
Jan 08 2010, 05:33 PM
what's the deal with sending a message to 10 friends and receive 500 Farm $$$ - is it all a hoax

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 08 2010, 05:35 PM
what's the deal with sending a message to 10 friends and receive 500 Farm $$$ - is it all a hoax

Yes it is a hoax. Whenever you get the message about sending to x amount of people those are hoaxes. You can read more about this in known issues, glitches, and bugs here: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235530

MikeLutton
Jan 08 2010, 06:32 PM
hey when your all going update with january stuff it is week after january we stil got christmas items up for sale is it going be updated soon

Lavenda
Jan 08 2010, 07:20 PM
correct me if I am wrong, but it is the speed of the avatars that has been improved, not the tallying of coins and points. As such I don't expect to see much improvement because my avatar rarely ran slow.

meinhardt76
Jan 08 2010, 07:27 PM
The coins and points are much better but still having issues with it time to time not catching up and don't have any other applications or windows running or music or anything once in awhile I get timed out I haven't had a issue tonight will see thank you for all the work your doing to make the game better.

rojan
Jan 08 2010, 08:08 PM
thank u for listening and trying to work out everyones problems, BUT
im still having probs loading either farms/coins/exp - by the time i get to someones farm to 'work' most of its done (and thats another headache - so many workers play havoc)- this can take up to 5 mins to load
and waiting in the marketplace for my coins to add is getting tiresome - i have to deny all work while previous coins/exp load
have new puter, latest flash, nothing running in background, ie.
wf13, wf52, wf12 -
I luv the game, but am getting frustrated!

kathryn_1956
Jan 08 2010, 08:12 PM
experience points..i am at level 60, as would numerous others...whats going to happen now...the experience points slider is sliding rather slow....are there going to be any more added features to enable this slider to take the levels up more

raynorcp
Jan 08 2010, 08:32 PM
Thank you developers for working on our issues. I do understand this is beta and will try to explain my issues so you can continue to make this the best game ever. I'm level 60 with 24M coins, 685,243 xps, and two full farms (love the manor by the way)

Currently on server WF14 (previously on WF54)

Upgrade 4 (1-7-2010 7:12pm) has still not addressed the major comments and my issues on the slowness of the calculating of harvesting/plowing.

My avatar still speeds through the work. The farmer that hired me can see I am going fast. The video between us is accurate (almost to the exact plot). I can completely plant my 1st or 2nd farm (800 ish plots each) in about 2 minutes. As soon as I have planted the last one and hit save (even with 2/3 of farm in que) I can leave and everything is saved.

But when I am at another's farm, the coins/xps take forever. I click through the farm and then sit frozen anywhere from 20-30 minutes while the tally slowly drips up. It gets slower the more I do even though I see "saving" dripping up every 8 seconds (even if we are on the same server).

I have done ALL the recommended changes, have minimal processes running, 3G RAM, Quad Core Processor, Hughes satellite connection, and clear cache each time.

I cannot figure why for some the upgrade is excellent and yet for some of us it is worst. Please let us know if you are still working on the calculating issues of harvesting/plowing. Everything else (time outs, etc) for me has been resolved.

HLeeV
Jan 09 2010, 01:10 AM
First, just want to say thank you for the awesome game; glitches, bugs, and all. I love every minute of this game.

I don't know if it's related to this last update, but I've notice a lot more of the server timed out things than I have seen in awhile. Kinda reminds me of when I started playing this last summer/fall.

It's extremely worse on my MS farms. I have four of them. Ummm, I mean I play on mine, my daughters, my mom's, and my dogs profiles. LOL I would never have more than one profile. :rolleyes:

Anyway, like I said, MS is very bad for me. I don't know which server(s) I'm on. I will try to remember to look next time I sign in.

I've experienced more time outs on FB since this update too, just not nearly as bad as MS.

Also--the saving on MS has gotten extremely slower. It's always has been slower than FB, but since the second or third update to this release, it has only gotten worse.

Other than this, no other problems I've experience out of the norm. Thanks for all your hard work!

RevJack
Jan 09 2010, 03:48 AM
experience points..i am at level 60, as would numerous others...whats going to happen now...the experience points slider is sliding rather slow....are there going to be any more added features to enable this slider to take the levels up more

As has been noted several times before, the developers are concentrating their efforts on squashing bugs at present, so I doubt we will see new levels any time soon.

Redhedsmom
Jan 09 2010, 09:20 AM
WF2 here. No changes here - same complaints I've been voicing since November.

When I work on my farm, I fly along. When I hire someone else to work on my farm they fly along.

However, when I get hired to plow or harvest --- it's as bad now as it's been since the original update in November, that screwed it all up to begin with.

And I'm sorry to be rude, but if I get told one more time to clear the cache, uninstall/reinstall the flasher player, turn off everything in the background (I've even got my lights turned off at this point), reboot the computer --- well.... Too many computer gurus over the years have said when we hear those types of words, it's all a cop out -- it simply means that the person telling us to do those things, doesn't have a clue what's wrong or why. How about an honest - we don't know what's causing the problem or why - that would be preferable over the empty words thrown our way to shut us up and make us go away.

This was a fun game back when it started, now, I can feel myself dying every minute I try to play.

Franklyn
Jan 09 2010, 10:16 AM
I hired the same neighbour as before to harvest then plough both of my farms. This time he was so much quicker. There were no problems trying to re-hire him and when I returned to both farms everything had stayed 'done'. Thank you very much for the improvements. :)

squeak365
Jan 09 2010, 01:53 PM
All I know is way back in '84 or so I took a computer programming class in college and decided that stuff was for someone else.

Thank you developers for this awesome game. It is computers so there will be glitches...in fact, I timed out for the first time today...imagine my surprise...lol

Prada
Jan 09 2010, 02:40 PM
The problems are far from being resolved . yep the avatar moves but it's the counter that is too slow to count, we are stuck there forever.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 09 2010, 03:27 PM
I have noticed that everytime I hire someone to plow coins are deducted even if they don't accept..........is this being looked into?

We do have an official thread you should post in: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284722

SPOTSROCK
Jan 09 2010, 06:20 PM
i have complained about losing points and coins many times...i have complained about the huge harvest tool and numbers flying all over me while working.. i have complained about the many time outs that are happening now..

I want to say that i love the smaller harvest tool... THANKS..
Still the numbers are flying around me but i find if i move backwards i can see better... so i fixed that for me..
The time outs are not as often , but still happen every day i play .. have found that sometimes if i click on the green plug and click it again.. then save a few times .. the time out box will go away ... sometimes not and i lose the job..

Thanks for trying... love this game.. FB user...

and look forward to being able to buy a 3rd farm.. !

Grammie Mae
Jan 09 2010, 06:21 PM
What's beyond for Level 60?

farmergaylord
Jan 09 2010, 06:53 PM
What's beyond for Level 60?

The Twilight Zone?

Anyway .. FB user here. Have posted many times. Level 60, 2 full sized farms. Latest Flash installed, Cache emptied regularly.

Having said that ... Mainframe/Server WF13 is still a train wreck. PLEASE take it back off line and let me (and everybody else using that connection) use a server that works properly until you get it fixed.

OWP
Jan 09 2010, 08:15 PM
The Twilight Zone?

Anyway .. FB user here. Have posted many times. Level 60, 2 full sized farms. Latest Flash installed, Cache emptied regularly.

Having said that ... Mainframe/Server WF13 is still a train wreck. PLEASE take it back off line and let me (and everybody else using that connection) use a server that works properly until you get it fixed.

its not just server 13,I have been on alot of the servers and I still get the boot job on every farm I go to,I have learned to just go to friends farms so I can find my way back,this is something that needs fixed,I have tried alot of things to try and fix this and nothing works,I even uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it hoping that helped,but it didn't,this really needs worked on and fixed,and would be nice to see a update on what you are tring to fix.Thanks

happysmiles05
Jan 09 2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks for your hard work on all the updates. This last one really took the fun
out of the game. Not only do we have to wait on each plot as we harvest or, plow, we can not do anything else, like check a message that is waiting. We must wait until all the coins and xp's are accummulated before we can check the message. No fun, at all, anymore. Going to run a lot of us away.
Sorry.:(

dlarthur
Jan 10 2010, 12:31 AM
This game is really starting to get boring because other games keep adding stuff all the time to keep the game exciting and you all should do the same or people will quit playing. This is a fun game when you give us something to work for.

Sapai
Jan 10 2010, 01:19 AM
Not only is my harvest slow, but AFTER I clicked on every square and my avatar harvested every square so that it showed up as harvested for me (harvesting all on my own) THEN about half way through my coin count, another worker showed up, and his avatar started jumping around like it was harvesting where my screen already showed harvested. I asked him, and sure enough, he was harvesting squares that I had already clicked on, that my avatar had already sped through like an energizer bunny, and that my screen showed as harvested.

And guess what? Now I'm sitting frozen on some dude's farm, after harvesting a full farm of raspberries (which we get paid almost nothing for, but I harvested anyway because it's all part of the game and I also will plant berried for quick points), and now I'm still stuck on the farm, not able to do anything, and NOW all my coins are not crediting, but I'm stuck here watching "already done" clicking up across the screen.

So I've quit out of the game, came back here to repost that this is even worse yet than any of the fixes you have put in since early November for me, and I will go back to only harvesting, plowing, and planting my own farm.

I'm sad. I'll hang in for a while more, because I really like this game and don't play ANY other online games because I don't really have the time, but I got addicted to FT. But the game is not the same for me, when I get so resentful about not being able to work and now other farmers are evidently mad at my slow harvesting, except I'm clicking away fast as ever and it show all harvested for me. And I can't do work for anyone because I'm stuck now waiting for stupid already done messages to clear for about 20 minutes.

Hope you can fix it - please keep trying. And in the meanwhile, if anyone has any other suggestions for me for a game that is like FT (social aspects) but works better, I'm here, reading, so I can have something fun to do on the occasional weekend.:(

With all the problems since 12/22, the "social aspect" of FT is just about gone. It is more work than fun any more. No time for fun social times especially if you aren't meeting new people @ the Marketplace.

I'm starting to think a lot of it is server related at this point. I can fly on one farm and lock up and time out at another. My computer doesn't change. I run Ccleaner several times a day. It's the game servers.

I regret spending money on the game. I play a fraction of the time I formerly did, mostly for my neighbors. I'll be level 60 soon and have 100 Farm Cash which I do not even care to spend.

The worst part is knowing how much fun and excitement FT used to be.

bonsaikathy
Jan 10 2010, 05:54 AM
Thanks for your hard work on all the updates. This last one really took the fun
out of the game. Not only do we have to wait on each plot as we harvest or, plow, we can not do anything else, like check a message that is waiting. We must wait until all the coins and xp's are accummulated before we can check the message. No fun, at all, anymore. Going to run a lot of us away.
Sorry.:(

I don't know what is going on but there are days that it's utterly worthless to try doing anything on farm town and yesterday and this morning are included in that. It's so slow and laggy that especially with plowing, I left my daughters house, drove home, and the plowing still wasn't showing as done. I don't see why the plowing should be any slower than the rest of it. Is there not anything you can do to speed up the processes on this game? I love the game, I DON'T love the lagging issues. When I click on something I want it to take. I don't want to have to click 2 or more times to get something to take effect. Just getting into the game has been a pain since yesterday afternoon. It takes forever to load. The other issue is I go to the market, hire someone to harvest on my farm and nothing happens. I usually have to refresh about 3 times before it finally works. What is going on. I've never seen it this bad.

aremos
Jan 10 2010, 11:02 AM
Glad to see some update as to what has been fixed. Appreciate the tool being smaller. My avatar is still slow moving. I can harvest a field of 100 crops before my avatar even makes it over to where i am going.

New thing for the past 2 weeks now is that EVERY TIME i buy something from the store, I get the dreaded "Connection to Server timed out, reload" message. This is NO fun at all and I am beginning to not even want to buy anything because of this problem.

It takes FOREVER to load a farm ... and when I get to my farm for the first time, i immediately get that dreaded time out message. I get timed out constantly throughout the day.

When harvesting or plowing I use to be able to hire the person's farm i am working on to do my farm, now I have to wait until everything i have harvested or plowed saves. I can send and send the hire request but they don't get it until all my work has saved.

I use to be so excited about FarmTown and use to spend hours at a time daily playing it because it was so exciting and enjoyable. Now I don't spend much time on it at all and it isn't even enjoyable to try to redo and buy things for my farm because i get timed out every time i buy something from the store and then have to seen and wait for the slow reload. I buy an item, i place it on my farm, it has the white bar, then the item disappears, i get the time out message and when i reload the item sometimes is there and sometimes isn't, but it always takes my coins.

If i leave a farm before crops finish processing and go to the market then i am stuck in the market, can't move, when i try it says i'm busy, and i am stuck there until all my coins add up. If i get hired i can't accept because it won't transport me to the farm until all coins add up and xp's.

Please please make the game exciting and fun again for us. I am most of the time on server WF22, it changes, i have the current Flash, i clear my cache constantly througout the day. I have these problems with Firefox 3.0.17, with IE7, and even with Google Chrome that I just downloaded and tried. It's not my computer it's the game. I am a Facebook user.

Now I'm even having problem posting here. Did a quick reply post first, after typing this out, selected Quik Reply and i get a message that i don't have permission to use this feature that i must login first???? I look at the top of the page and it states "Welcome Aremos" .... I WAS LOGGED IN. Decided to try again and selected the Advance button" brought me to this after I re-logged in. What is going on??????

Kat_Kadiddlehopper
Jan 10 2010, 11:12 AM
This game is really starting to get boring because other games keep adding stuff all the time to keep the game exciting and you all should do the same or people will quit playing. This is a fun game when you give us something to work for.

I dunno. I've been playing the game quite a long time now and I have seen the developers work continually to make improvements. I give them kudos for all the work they do.

I would definitely like to see the levels increase higher than 60 though. It's easier to max to the highest level now that we are able to have 2nd farms.

raindrops300
Jan 10 2010, 11:25 AM
My avatar movement did improve from last night. However my points/coins go up so slowly it freezes me from moving.
After I harvest, and the farmer wants me to plow, he sends the request but I cannot get it until all my harvesting coins have gone up. I am basically frozen in place. If there are other people working, they continue to work and all the plowing is done when I finally get the request. It is very discouraging.
Please guys, go back to pre-Dec 22.
Facebook user WF 59.

Winterwolf
Jan 10 2010, 11:25 AM
I am having a problem of not being able to visit other farms including Neighbors and buddies. Any idea what is causing this?

Patsy Anne
Jan 10 2010, 12:01 PM
WF25 - thank you for getting some things working better now :)

SO - the only current consistent problem I have, that others are clearly experiencing as well, is the time is takes to save coins/xp when working for another farm.
(making a difference to how quickly I can be rehired) :(

Plowing is defo worse than harvesting - my avatar keeps up at first and then slows down as does the collection - whether harvest/plow.

I've also noticed a lot of peeps getting kicked off (thankfully this does not seem to happen to me - touch wood) whether working for me or with me today.

I clean caches prob once for about every coupla hrs I am on FT using CCleaner - have done all the Adobe things - so its not that.

I was on WF45 for a while yesterday and that worked faster. Or is this something to do with peek time usage?

Hope my feedback will help.:)

Thank you

farmergaylord
Jan 10 2010, 12:41 PM
I dunno. I've been playing the game quite a long time now and I have seen the developers work continually to make improvements. I give them kudos for all the work they do.

I would definitely like to see the levels increase higher than 60 though. It's easier to max to the highest level now that we are able to have 2nd farms.

I admire the work they do as well. And I realize it's impossible to please all the people all the time. But for heaven's sake just roll the darn thing back to pre 12/22 TEMPORARILY and debug the code. The 12/22 update was a disaster, as have been every update to THAT update. If the issue is server space, THAT I can understand But IF that's the case, the developers should have thought about it before allowing people to purchase a second farm.

As to seeing any new levels past 60 anytime soon? I hope we don't. That would just mean the devs are spending time on expanding a "broken" game rather than fixing it.

candlelight
Jan 10 2010, 01:45 PM
I admire the work they do as well. And I realize it's impossible to please all the people all the time. But for heaven's sake just roll the darn thing back to pre 12/22 TEMPORARILY and debug the code. The 12/22 update was a disaster, as have been every update to THAT update. If the issue is server space, THAT I can understand But IF that's the case, the developers should have thought about it before allowing people to purchase a second farm.

As to seeing any new levels past 60 anytime soon? I hope we don't. That would just mean the devs are spending time on expanding a "broken" game rather than fixing it.

I have refrained from commenting much on this but there is something I really would like to point out.

The truth is that we have no idea how the original 22 December update might have worked. A lot of folks just didn't like the sound of what the developers had done and went ballistic here on the forums. Seven hours later we had the first update to the update. And personally, I think that's where the real rot lies. Changes were made hurriedly to appease the squeaky wheels. And, as we've seen, every few days there have to be more changes.

I sincerely hope that when this is sorted out that the developers never ever again rush to fix something before we really have the chance to find out if it was broken.

Magsta
Jan 10 2010, 02:27 PM
Thank you very much for everything you are doing to make this game even greater than it already is.

When you first introduced the 22nd December upgrade, it was fine..but this last week, I have experienced lots of problems with slowness on my second farm...strangely my first farm seems to be ok....just thought I would post this as feedback for the developers.

Can someone tell me please, how do I find out which server I am on?..I notice lots of people posting and stating the number of the server they are on. I have no idea how to find out...

Thanks.
Magsta

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 10 2010, 02:33 PM
Thank you very much for everything you are doing to make this game even greater than it already is.

When you first introduced the 22nd December upgrade, it was fine..but this last week, I have experienced lots of problems with slowness on my second farm...strangely my first farm seems to be ok....just thought I would post this as feedback for the developers.

Can someone tell me please, how do I find out which server I am on?..I notice lots of people posting and stating the number of the server they are on. I have no idea how to find out...

Thanks.
Magsta

When you first get on FT, in the chat box in red should be the server number "wf" something.

Magsta
Jan 10 2010, 02:41 PM
When you first get on FT, in the chat box in red should be the server number "wf" something.

Thanks very much for your reply..I'll look out for that then...:)

farmergaylord
Jan 10 2010, 03:05 PM
I have refrained from commenting much on this but there is something I really would like to point out.

The truth is that we have no idea how the original 22 December update might have worked. A lot of folks just didn't like the sound of what the developers had done and went ballistic here on the forums. Seven hours later we had the first update to the update. And personally, I think that's where the real rot lies. Changes were made hurriedly to appease the squeaky wheels. And, as we've seen, every few days there have to be more changes.

I sincerely hope that when this is sorted out that the developers never ever again rush to fix something before we really have the chance to find out if it was broken.

Which kinda supports what I've been saying all along. Roll it back to either the first 12/22 release, or the version just prior. Take the newer version(s) back to the drawing board and get it RIGHT. Then re-release. Instead of fixing the game itself they seem more concerned with changing the size of icons and other superficial stuff. Who cares how big (or small) the seed bag or the plow is as long as they WORK as expected? And I'm just so sick of having to hire 3 different people to plow/harvest my farms because they constantly get booted. I think some of the problems have to do with poor code, but a lot of it has to do with server overload. Like I said previously, I think they jumped the gun allowing second farms. I don't think they realized how many of us would qualify almost immediately, and the result basically slammed the servers. I for one, would be willing to give up my second farm if that's the issue. Providing ... They pull WF13 out of the rack, smash it to bits, and send me some remnants. :-)

raindrops300
Jan 10 2010, 04:04 PM
WF 59
Slow coins. Avatar improvement.
Evidently only some servers are affected. More than one of my neighbors have told me that they like the changes. My only reasoning for this is that some were affected in a positive way, while us unfortunate ones try to explain to them about servers....as we plod along.....

jeannieb
Jan 10 2010, 04:05 PM
I bet it is impossible to do a roll back like we would like to see or it would have already been done IMO because they are aware of the complaints.

Ginger's mom
Jan 10 2010, 06:04 PM
Every time there is an upgrade Farmtown gets better and better but I noticed after the last one that my seeder now only does one field at a time. Before it used to do 4 fields at a time. Is it just me? Do I need to do something different?

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 10 2010, 06:08 PM
Every time there is an upgrade Farmtown gets better and better but I noticed after the last one that my seeder now only does one field at a time. Before it used to do 4 fields at a time. Is it just me? Do I need to do something different?

Go to preferences and "remove spaces".

jeanieNGMsfarm
Jan 10 2010, 06:24 PM
wanted to say thanks to the dev's for all your hard work i appreciate it. you guys/gals are awesome

ja_dawgma
Jan 10 2010, 07:03 PM
I can't seem to hire my boyfriend since the upgrade...in fact, I can't see HIM at all on either my farm, his or my daughter's! I haven't a clue why this has happened. I can still visit his farm...he can still see me but has not been able to hire me! i'm disappointed because we used to help each other out and can't do it anymore.

I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong area, but don't know where else to go.

HELP!
jeanni (aka Jeanni's Farm)

mama_mia
Jan 10 2010, 07:16 PM
I am having issues this weekend I have never had before. I cannot see people at my farm to hire them, I have to follow them to their farm. My xp's are not counting correctly when planting. I cannot use my big seeder to plant, but it is still using my fuel, I unit at a time when planting.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 10 2010, 07:47 PM
I can't seem to hire my boyfriend since the upgrade...in fact, I can't see HIM at all on either my farm, his or my daughter's! I haven't a clue why this has happened. I can still visit his farm...he can still see me but has not been able to hire me! i'm disappointed because we used to help each other out and can't do it anymore.

I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong area, but don't know where else to go.

HELP!
jeanni (aka Jeanni's Farm)

Go to account and look under blocked users to see if he is there.

I am having issues this weekend I have never had before. I cannot see people at my farm to hire them, I have to follow them to their farm. My xp's are not counting correctly when planting. I cannot use my big seeder to plant, but it is still using my fuel, I unit at a time when planting.

For the planting: Make sure remove spaces is checked.

For the people: We have an a thread for that in the help and support. May help you : http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198270 :D

Agent Scully
Jan 10 2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks for all the work you do and allowing us the chance to express our views and opinions be they good or bad,,,,,,,, things seem to be much more settled at my end now and i love the tools being that bit smaller again :)

Still get time out issues but not to the extent i was getting them before so i'm quite happy at that,,,,,i can at least get a fair shake with jobs i am hired to do.

Blessings
x

queenpinnana
Jan 10 2010, 08:28 PM
I don't know if this is where this goes, but I like the new Farm Town except for one problem that happens almost all of the time now. Now when the zipped plots are uploading my $$$, no one can hire me to plow after I have harvested. The box stays stuck on enqueuing harvested field, or stuck on loading assets and never loads their farm for me to plow. This happened once in a great while before the new fix, now it does it most of the time. The only way that I get to plow is if I am hired just to plow and not harvest first. Very irritating.

pmcolman
Jan 10 2010, 09:13 PM
Hey there,

--Raul

Harvesting has slowed back down to a crawl for the first time in many many weeks!

Paul

BirdSalad
Jan 10 2010, 09:39 PM
WF 59
Slow coins. Avatar improvement.
Evidently only some servers are affected. More than one of my neighbors have told me that they like the changes. My only reasoning for this is that some were affected in a positive way, while us unfortunate ones try to explain to them about servers....as we plod along.....

I'm beginning to wonder if it is specific servers - yesterday while I was playing, I was switched around to several different servers, right in the middle of playing. I was lucky, I was working with a very nice farmer who even came to look for me after I was thrown off the game (my farm just suddenly started loading). We had both issued and accepted buddy requests, but after I ended up at my farm, his name was gone from my buddy list. Luckily he send me a note and I could click on his little green man and get back.

Here's what happened:
I harvested the entire farm. My avatar sped along like a good little energizer bunny, but the coins crept up very slowly, even though all the fields looked harvested. While we were chatting, the farmer left to look at my farm. When he came back, he commented that it was strange, only about 1/4 of his farm looked harvested. It was the corner about where my coin counts were floating up. Almost directly after that, I was thrown back to my farm while I was just sitting typing in the chat box.

The farmer sent me a note, so I got back to his farm by clicking on the green man. He rehired me, and I reharvested the other 3/4s of his farm again. this was a farm that was all field except for two squares! We chatted for a good long time, then when the coins finally all clicked up, he hired me to plow. Plowing points & coins took even longer to click up, and I had planned to hire him to harvest and plow my farm, but once I started, the game wouldn't let me hire him to work on my farm. I issued the request, but he never received it.

This very nice farmer hung with me while my coins/points clicked up slowly after plowing, then we both went over to my farm that he finished in a matter of moments.

During this entire process, I saw several times that I was moved to different servers. Maybe someone was watching me play and trying different servers? In any case, I didn't write down the numbers because I was frustrated with the game and barely care any more. Last night I was lucky, and had fun with one very nice farmer who was in the mood to chat endlessly with me, so we had fun. But I'm back again to only working on my own farm to try to level up. That means I work a lot on the weekend days I'm home, and don't do much all week.

I used to work in IT, am a very good acceptance tester, and would willingly work with you devs to help you debug what's going on if you let me know ahead of time when you would like to work. I can only help on weekends, I have a job during the week and can't spend hours and hours on FT.

Let me know if there's something specific I can do to help you figure out this problem!

Kelsey
Jan 10 2010, 09:56 PM
I apologize for not having as much detail as I should for you ... but I just noticed that my MS farm (which I have not been on since just before this last update) has got SERIOUS lag now - I hired someone and tried to return to my farm ... he had harvested almost the entire 672 plots before I managed to get there.

I will be clearing cache and updating my flash again - all the good stuff I always tell people to do, but I wanted to mention that I never had the problem before this 4th update.

My FB farm(s) are all running smoothly (as well as all other applications), so I doubt that it is my cache/flash player.

Kelsey
Jan 11 2010, 07:14 AM

100% agreed. Great post Candlelight!

skye2
Jan 11 2010, 09:44 AM
Thank you Raul, for hearing us.
I was begining to think my avatar's batteries were wearing down.
I am so glad that you have fixed this,
I am a Facebook FarmTown player. Level 60, 2 farms. Addicted to the game!
Again, thanks to all of you for working so hard for us!! :D
skye2

queenpinnana
Jan 11 2010, 01:46 PM
I have discovered another problem this morning. I have never had any problems hiring from the Market Place with this new fix until today. I tried to hire 5 different people to plow, the "request sent" came up, and not one of them responded with the box that is supposed to come up when they accept which never came up. The ones I clicked on were begging to plow, so they should have responded. Finally I said to heck with it and went back to my own farm, and the 5th person that I hired was there plowing. It would be nice to know IF, and HOW MANY are going to be working on your farm before you get there. I don't hire more then one person for my crop size anyway. For sure there are still some glitches with this application :- (
facebook user

bonsaikathy
Jan 11 2010, 02:37 PM
I have discovered another problem this morning. I have never had any problems hiring from the Market Place with this new fix until today. I tried to hire 5 different people to plow, the "request sent" came up, and not one of them responded with the box that is supposed to come up when they accept which never came up. The ones I clicked on were begging to plow, so they should have responded. Finally I said to heck with it and went back to my own farm, and the 5th person that I hired was there plowing. It would be nice to know IF, and HOW MANY are going to be working on your farm before you get there. I don't hire more then one person for my crop size anyway. For sure there are still some glitches with this application :- (
facebook user
Had the same issue 2 days ago. Very very annoying.

Sapai
Jan 11 2010, 02:51 PM
100% agreed. Gread post Candlelight!

I know exactly how it worked. I was flying that morning. When I came back the afternoon of 12/22 suddenly I was stuck on one square until it cleared and could not click another until it cleared. I happened to be working for a farmer who had never hired anyone before! I told her do not base your opinion on this experience. There must be a glitch! I asked her to hire someone to help finish! THEN I came to the forum to see if a glitch had been reported, yada.

Updates have NOT been released every few days. It has been four weeks since 12/22. This latest update was not released for over a week from the last one. Let's try to get the facts straight and not accuse others of not knowing what they experienced and reality isn't real. That tactic is reserved for the government.

Kelsey
Jan 11 2010, 02:59 PM
I know exactly how it worked. I was flying that morning. When I came back the afternoon of 12/22 suddenly I was stuck on one square until it cleared and could not click another until it cleared. I happened to be working for a farmer who had never hired anyone before! I told her do not base your opinion on this experience. There must be a glitch! I asked her to hire someone to help finish! THEN I came to the forum to see if a glitch had been reported, yada.

Updates have NOT been released every few days. It has been four weeks since 12/22. This latest update was not released for over a week from the last one. Let's try to get the facts straight and not accuse others of not knowing what they experienced and reality isn't real. That tactic is reserved for the government.

I apologize, but I really have no idea why my post was quoted in your response? I never mentioned anything to you or responded to any of your posts as far as I am aware?
I believe the every few days comment was meant as 'frequent' because these last four updates have come in quite frequently (as compared to previous updates). I have never accused someone of not knowing something and I do hope that all problems are resolved in a respectable manner.

willow1962
Jan 11 2010, 04:07 PM
what on earth is going on with farm town-its so slow the page keeps refreshing again and again and freezes-its hopeless im on the verge of giving up as you cannot work at all

OWP
Jan 11 2010, 04:16 PM
what on earth is going on with farm town-its so slow the page keeps refreshing again and again and freezes-its hopeless im on the verge of giving up as you cannot work at all

Yea I don't know if they made any changes today as now I can't even water flowers on neighbors farms with out getting booted of 5-6 times before it lets me water any flowers,then if it does let me water any flowers and I get to next neighbor it does the same thing , boots me off and I have to come back 4-5 times before it lets me,it does this on any size farm I go to. I think something really went wrong with what they did.

queenpinnana
Jan 11 2010, 08:10 PM
I said last night that the new fix was better except for the one problem that I mentioned. I changed my mind today after experiencing farms freezing that I am working on, farms that keep loading and reloading, and THEN freezing to where I have to shut my computer down to get rid of the page, AND being taken right back to my farm when kicked off another's farm. You don't even have time to say goodbye to the farmer lol. It is starting to irritate people in the Market Place by their hires suddenly leaving from what I have read. I have said, talk to the developers, not us!! Also lastly , it is harder to slide these farms around now. Sometimes they won't move at all.

dlarthur
Jan 11 2010, 08:22 PM
This game is not much fun anymore and alot of people are going to start playing other games if you don't keep adding stuff for us to work for.And most of what you do add , you have to have farm cash to get it. That's what people don't like. What about adding people so we can have them placed on our far. I know alot of people that have quit this game because of that. if you can't do anybetter than your doing , you might as well do away with the game all together. Farmville has beame the number 1 game cause they keep adding stuff.They even give us a free level for the New Year and you didn't give us anything.

queenpinnana
Jan 11 2010, 08:58 PM
This game is not much fun anymore and alot of people are going to start playing other games if you don't keep adding stuff for us to work for.And most of what you do add , you have to have farm cash to get it. That's what people don't like. What about adding people so we can have them placed on our far. I know alot of people that have quit this game because of that. if you can't do anybetter than your doing , you might as well do away with the game all together. Farmville has beame the number 1 game cause they keep adding stuff.They even give us a free level for the New Year and you didn't give us anything.I agree on the farm cash. That is a big joke. I doubt if most have that kind of farm cash to buy the nicer things in the market. I'm heading to level 38, and I just now had enough farm cash to buy the nice barbecue grill at 10 farm cash. I've only used it maybe once before for 4 farm cash. We do at least get free fuel once a day in FT. On Farmville after the free fuel week is over and my fuel is gone, I'm back to plowing and seeding by hand. I really don't have any complaints other then the glitches that many including myself are having right now.

primrose711
Jan 11 2010, 09:56 PM
:( It seems most players, including myself, have reached Level 60 and nowhere to go. There have been numerous requests about whether or not the developers will upgrade from 60 - all of which have had no responses. Therefore, are we to assume (based on the lack of responses or acknowledgements) that there will be NO FURTHER UPGRADES and that Level 60 is the end of the game???? It would seem to me that players are entitled to some kind of answer. For your ease, I have listed the following - just please let us know which it will be:

Re: Upgrading From Level 60
Responses:

YES
NO
MAYBE
POSSIBLY
WE'RE WORKING ON IT

Any one of the above would really suffice. Thanks

littlebit
Jan 11 2010, 09:59 PM
a friend of mine has a problem her harvesting and plowing is very very slow it wasn't before the updates. what could the problem be?

jeanieNGMsfarm
Jan 11 2010, 10:08 PM
I agree on the farm cash. That is a big joke. I doubt if most have that kind of farm cash to buy the nicer things in the market. I'm heading to level 38, and I just now had enough farm cash to buy the nice barbecue grill at 10 farm cash. I've only used it maybe once before for 4 farm cash. We do at least get free fuel once a day in FT. On Farmville after the free fuel week is over and my fuel is gone, I'm back to plowing and seeding by hand. I really don't have any complaints other then the glitches that many including myself are having right now.

there are other ways to earn cash with out leveling up. in the upper right corner click earn coins you can do the free offers to earn them. i have been doing them and have plenty of farm cash items oriental farm house, tent, flower wagon, big barn, cone hedge. i also have 9 farm cash im saving up to buy more things. my point is you can get the cash easily without spending real money and buy many items with them

Sapai
Jan 11 2010, 11:47 PM
I apologize, but I really have no idea why my post was quoted in your response? I never mentioned anything to you or responded to any of your posts as far as I am aware?
I believe the every few days comment was meant as 'frequent' because these last four updates have come in quite frequently (as compared to previous updates). I have never accused someone of not knowing something and I do hope that all problems are resolved in a respectable manner.

To clarify:

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlelight View Post

Your comment:
100% agreed. Great post Candlelight!

mainefarmer
Jan 12 2010, 02:07 AM
yeah i agree farmville is so much better. this place still has christmas items on it. and WHY would i want 2 farms? why cant i upgrade the one i have? WHY am i asking questions that will never get answered. its like the people in charge of this game just got bored and left. and dont care

anita rose
Jan 12 2010, 05:53 AM
Although I personally don't care what comes after level 60 (i'm at level 58), I just would like to be able to play the game. I cannot work on other farms because the coin/point accumulation is so slow. 8 mins. to mark the field, 40 minutes for the coins to slowly float up (then there's plowing whichworks the same way). So the game really isn't fun anymore.I'm ready to move to farmville entirely. The game wasn't this way when I started in Nov. Anyway, losing interest and going to move on. too bad; i'm so close to 60.

RoseAnneS
Jan 12 2010, 07:27 AM
I just wanted to say that I think it is time for the Christmas items to be removed and Valentine's Day or Easter things to be added. It also might be nice to see some St. Patrick's Day items.:)

I do have one problem and that is that the scroll button on my mouse no longer zooms in and out on my farm. It is not a problem with my computer because it works in other apps.

queenpinnana
Jan 12 2010, 07:58 AM
there are other ways to earn cash with out leveling up. in the upper right corner click earn coins you can do the free offers to earn them. i have been doing them and have plenty of farm cash items oriental farm house, tent, flower wagon, big barn, cone hedge. i also have 9 farm cash im saving up to buy more things. my point is you can get the cash easily without spending real money and buy many items with themYes I saw those offers, but who wants to spend "farm time" trying offers and having those added cookies on your puter that you have to delete? Right now I have pretty much all that I want except the mansion, and I am only 3 levels away from that.
What amazes me with this game is why everyone is wanting to level up so fast. I personally am in no hurry. What's after level 60?. SIXTY!! All you can read in the Market Place is PLOW, PLOW, PLOW PLEASE, I NEED TO LEVEL UP, I WANT TO WORK ALONE ETC. My thought was, good luck there, I've rarely worked alone lol. I love what one farmer said in there last night. No one plows my farm until they harvest it first. That shut a few want to plow people up :- ) By the way, very nice farm jeanie.

laviles04
Jan 12 2010, 09:03 AM
Lets get some more levels and crops and animals and things~Thanks

queenpinnana
Jan 12 2010, 12:36 PM
Got a nice plow job this morning for the one minute that I could see it. Farm kept trying to load and re-load over and over. Wasn't on the persons farm for 1 minute and lost connection to server, took me right back to my farm....as usual!!! It's not my server, as Farm Town is the only application that this happens on.

Harriet Dahl
Jan 12 2010, 01:02 PM
Why doesn't the gifts come thru others are sending me??????

farmergaylord
Jan 12 2010, 01:06 PM
Although I personally don't care what comes after level 60 (i'm at level 58), I just would like to be able to play the game. I cannot work on other farms because the coin/point accumulation is so slow. 8 mins. to mark the field, 40 minutes for the coins to slowly float up (then there's plowing whichworks the same way). So the game really isn't fun anymore.I'm ready to move to farmville entirely. The game wasn't this way when I started in Nov. Anyway, losing interest and going to move on. too bad; i'm so close to 60.

Yup. Attached (hopefully is a screen shot I took this morning around 7:30 EST while connected to the dreaded 'WF13" mainframe. Look at how FAR behind the server is. This poor woman had to sit there and wait almost 15 minutes to accumulate the plowing points and coins she earned to insure she wouldn't lose them. On the upside though ...At least she didn't get booted like 3 different harvesters I had this morning did. As I've stated before, I hope the developers are spending their time FIXING the game and not adding new levels and trinkets to it. The fact that there ARE still Christmas items available leads me to believe that may indeed be what's happening.

Note: I attached the wrong screen shot. That's a shot showing the lag-time while she was finishing a harvest job two other people had started and got booted from.

Kelsey
Jan 12 2010, 01:12 PM
Lets get some more levels and crops and animals and things~Thanks

Hi laviles04,

Please make suggestions in the official suggestions threads:

Post Here: Suggestions for Enhancements to Existing Features (not animal,plant,structure,hire) (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1030)
Post Here: Suggestions for Plants, Crops, Trees (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4311)
Post Here: Suggestions for Animals
(http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273)

Thank you!

Why doesn't the gifts come thru others are sending me??????

Hi Harriet,

Please see this official thread:

OFFICIAL Problems with Receiving Gifts (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242882)

Thank you!

Sapai
Jan 12 2010, 01:28 PM

This is my situation, exactly! I started in November. I'm level 58. I usually level up every couple of days. I have at least 11 neighbors who are 60, and some are anxious for me to get there. I'm not. Nothing to look forward to after that. The game was the most fun EVER on the MORNING of 12/22, before the -whatever it was-.

I have time to play three other games since backing off FT. It's amazing to see games function (mostly) as intended, as they are all BETA. I had three neighbors who were on continuously all through the day like I was. They are never there now. Gifts have dropped way off.

My opinion is that the only way game developers are going to be able to win back the trust of the hard core players is to put things back to the way they were on the MORNING of 12/22, as they did promise at one time. Nothing they have done since that day has enhanced the game at all. Someone on the development team is probably going to have to swallow their pride and give in to set this right again. Just my opinion. They are PEOPLE, after all, and we all have our egos to deal with.

Lavenda
Jan 12 2010, 02:27 PM
Yes I saw those offers, but who wants to spend "farm time" trying offers and having those added cookies on your puter that you have to delete? Right now I have pretty much all that I want except the mansion, and I am only 3 levels away from that.
What amazes me with this game is why everyone is wanting to level up so fast. I personally am in no hurry. What's after level 60?. SIXTY!! All you can read in the Market Place is PLOW, PLOW, PLOW PLEASE, I NEED TO LEVEL UP, I WANT TO WORK ALONE ETC. My thought was, good luck there, I've rarely worked alone lol. I love what one farmer said in there last night. No one plows my farm until they harvest it first. That shut a few want to plow people up :- ) By the way, very nice farm jeanie.

you don't actually have to do any of the offers that involve adding cookies to your puter... I thought I would try the "aaplication of the day" as suggested by a few and have found (though I was loathe to mention this so they don't become aware of the glitch) that you don't even have to "allow" that application access to your account, I just click on the offer, which opens in another tab, go back to farming and within a few minutes when I am loading a farm screen I will get a message that I have two more farm cash. Note: that is one click for 2 farm cash, without going back to the other tab to allow the application permission to my profile. The other day it was an FB application I already have (Castle Age) and I still got the Farm Cash. I don't wholesale disagree with the Farm Cash (and this is no the thread for that discussion anyway), but I wouldn't mind a little loosening up of how we can get it. But I am happy to have found one way to keep earning it after reaching 60.

Some people want to level up because those sorts of goals are how they want to play the game. I find the game more enjoyable when I am playing for my own pleasure in creating my own little world and checking out the other cool things people have done on their farms. To each their own. I do like leveling for the items it will unlock for me, but the numbers themselves hold no great appeal for me

Robin47
Jan 12 2010, 02:32 PM
I had almost half my crops withered when I returned after having a crew harvest for me the day before. To me and them it looked ALL finished. However, apparently that was not the case. I just lost a TON of coinage.

MGoose
Jan 12 2010, 02:42 PM
Hey there,

Thanks

--Raul

I have a fairly fast computer, but since Sunday, all harvest and plowing is slow. I'm also having a speed issue on my own farm. Help please.

amberdh
Jan 12 2010, 02:43 PM
I have a fairly fast computer, but since Sunday, all harvest and plowing is slow. I'm also having a speed issue on my own farm. Help please.

Have you tried updating your flashplayer? Emptying your cache?

SunnyD
Jan 12 2010, 05:26 PM
Connection Timed out..... Just horrible.... just working on neighbors farms no use going to the market right now until this issue is fixed...time out 3 or more times on any job I do.. have done all the usual maintenance after updates are sent out..... just lost right now......

ptramell
Jan 12 2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks Raul for the hard work you guys do to satisify our addictions. lol

genuinesqueak
Jan 12 2010, 09:47 PM
I'm still having issues with it being slow, i've cleared cache and all that. Am about to try internet explorer once I get the update for it. Have always used firefox (newest version etc.)... I get hired, then go about doing the job, but it takes well over 10 minutes to finish and by the time it gets halfway done to being caught up to me (the xps or coins ticking in etc.) it says "already done" and then i'm stuck there for another 10 or more minutes waiting for it to finish before I can go back to markets or my own farm.
I love farm town and I love the concept of the new upgrades, just trying to be patient with it :)

happysmiles05
Jan 12 2010, 11:08 PM
I am experiencing the same issues. If I refresh and go back to my farm, I
leave the job with plots undone because all the coins have not gone up.
It's so slow and frustrating for the farmer and the worker. I tried Firefox, it
did not improve anything, neither does IE. I'm trying to upgrade everything and add flash player beta to see if that helps, It did not. Patience, too.

Charo
Jan 13 2010, 01:50 AM
Well, even when I cut back on my farming, the issues still plague me.

I hired people to harvest today. I watched as one guy queued up his plowing but didn't receive points for it, and then had to hire someone else to do what had already been done. Again, the game isn't SAVING ON CLICK, or transmitting the same info to everyone upon click. I don't know what the rationale is for delaying collection of coins and points by a few seconds. All it is doing is wreaking havoc with the system, and trapping people on farms when they could be moving on. We used to be able to queue up the work and leave, and still collect our points/coins. Now we can't. Everything takes monumentally longer, and the fixes by and large are poorly designed.

I ran out of money when planting, and got the SAME PROBLEM LIKE FUEL - no notice until after I've planted the whole dang field! WHY does that make sense? You are ticking off the fuel as soon as it is clicked. Why can't money work the same way? Why can't harvesting work the same way? Why can't plowing and planting work the same way?

It is annoying to no end.

Biehli
Jan 13 2010, 04:39 AM
Hi Raul,

my avatar is slower than ever and it is really annoying...it has been really fast all the way through December and now it is back to the really nerve tearing snail walk.
Anything you can tell about it? Will that ever get fixed properly for all of us?

Thanks

Biehli

Thanks

--Raul[/QUOTE]

raindrops300
Jan 13 2010, 08:29 AM
WF 59 Avatar lagging behind again. Coins going up slowly. I feel bad for the farmers that hire me....
The morning after the 4th update it did seem fixed. Am back to lagging behind. Sometimes not moving at all. Also get the "I'm busy" notice continually.

I do appreciate everything you guys do.

queenpinnana
Jan 13 2010, 10:26 AM
I am experiencing the same issues. If I refresh and go back to my farm, I
leave the job with plots undone because all the coins have not gone up.
It's so slow and frustrating for the farmer and the worker. I tried Firefox, it
did not improve anything, neither does IE. I'm trying to upgrade everything and add flash player beta to see if that helps, It did not. Patience, too.I use IE and Firefox also, and the problems still exist using either one. It is definitely an application problem, not us. What I find odd is, if you ask some in the Market Place or your neighbors if they are having these problems, they say no or only sometimes. Why is it just some of us are having the problems a lot? Are we coming off of a different server then the others? It made me wonder when the other harvesters are finished before I am, and already have their coins loaded and plowing already. I am sitting here still watching the plots I harvested unzip and upload. I'm not a slow harvester and I have a fast computer, but I can only go as fast as the server allows me to when the browser says "stopped responding", the farm loads and reloads over and over, or connection to the server times out and takes me back to my farm most of the time. Many times I can't even tick the green arrow to stay on the farm because it is frozen by that point. I can't be hired to plow while they are unzipping, so I lose out on the job and xp's. So frustrating!!

iots028
Jan 13 2010, 10:32 AM
Extremely slow on wf6 and 15. Cleared cache etc, no help. Tried both firefox and IE. Flash player is updated. This is the first time I've had this problem in a couple of weeks.

jeannieb
Jan 13 2010, 02:07 PM
Sure hesitate to say this but it seems to be a bit faster today at least for me.

Lavenda
Jan 13 2010, 03:23 PM
it's been slow for me today, avatar is moving around like she is trudging through sludge. WF3 seems to be the problem server for me at the moment

JAS0643
Jan 13 2010, 03:48 PM

The every few days is referring to the fact that the developers have released several updates/fixes to the 12/22 update that a lot of people didn't like. They put something into the game that was really different then what a lot of people where used to and instead of giving it a few days to let everyone play with the new way they bowed down to pressure after just a few hours and changed it but didn't go back to the way it was before, instead they put other changes in to try and fix the problem of people losing coins/xps and that caused problems because they rushed to do it. They have since released several fixes to those problems and for most people the game is running a lot better. I have not seen any post about losing coins/xps since the 4th update to 12/22 which means the original problem they where trying to fix has been, at least in my opinion. Now I know that some are still having problems whit slow avatar movement and coins being added so they need to post that in the official help threads in the H&S section of the forum so the developers can know who is have the problems and see if it is a game wide problem or just some servers that need to be looked at. They have 300+ servers so it is hard form them to pin point a server problem on their own that is why they want the server number in a lot of the help threads.

queenpinnana
Jan 13 2010, 03:51 PM
Well it just gets more interesting all of the time. Now I can't use my seeder because it just does one square at a time. I just had to hand seed 257 squares one at a time...fun lol. I noticed yesterday that when I got the chance to plow someone elses field..."when the server didn't time out," that the ground is showing green instead of the plots being there. I had someone plow my own farm today, and it was showing the same thing..at least from my side it was. I don't know what the plower was seeing. There are multiple issues with this game, and it seems that I am finding them one by one daily :- ( Can't wait until tomorrow :- )
As an added note:I am not losing cash or xp's now at all, so evidently the developers fixed that. Now it's on to other problems that have arisen that myself and others are having like the slowness and timing out to the server. I never paid any attention to what server I was on when this happened, but will from now on.

JAS0643
Jan 13 2010, 03:58 PM
Well it just gets more interesting all of the time. Now I can't use my seeder because it just does one square at a time. I just had to hand seed 257 squares one at a time...fun lol. I noticed yesterday that when I got the chance to plow someone elses field..."when the server didn't time out," that the ground is showing green instead of the plots being there. I had someone plow my own farm today, and it was showing the same thing..at least from my side it was. I don't know what the plower was seeing. There are multiple issues with this game, and it seems that I am finding them one by one daily :- ( Can't wait until tomorrow :- )

Two things your link doesn't work It took me to my farm not your farm there is a link in my sig that will tell you how to do the link.

Second if you have spaces removed from your fields go to the wrench and make sure remove spaces is still checked if not check it. If you have spaces in your fields then make sure it is not checked. Sometime the settings get changed for some reason and you have to reset them to what you wont but that should fix both of your problems.

Julia2654
Jan 13 2010, 04:42 PM
As an added note:I am not losing cash or xp's now at all, so evidently the developers fixed that. Now it's on to other problems that have arisen that myself and others are having like the slowness and timing out to the server. I never paid any attention to what server I was on when this happened, but will from now on.
The green squares tend to revert to normal after you refresh/reload. The seeder will do that when you're in a hurry, as well.
Your link still doesn't work. I don't know if JAS and I have the same link to the directions, but try both of ours. The links weren't working well a few days ago but should be okay now. You need to redo yours.
Sorry for your issues, hope this helps a bit.:)

meinhardt76
Jan 13 2010, 05:48 PM
I am at 60 now could use some new things like maybe new gifts to send or new buildings or something maybe for valentines I can't wait to get new levels to I love the challange I know your working on trying to fix this wonderful game thank you so much and keep up the wonderful work I am having no issues as of right now.

SuzyQuzy
Jan 13 2010, 07:48 PM
Ok..sorry if I am not in the right forum..but I am impatient with my own self..and have to ask this...somewhere.....When are the levels going to change?????? (or are they?) I've been on 60 forever and ever!! And frankly..(though i still love the game..and play it every day..) I am getting bored! lol
Again..all apologies if I am in wrong area to ask this..I am new to this (forum)..and too lazy to keep searching for it.

Redhedsmom
Jan 13 2010, 07:52 PM
WF2 here.

Hired someone to plow - she plowed and plowed and plowed - not much changed, she just kept plowing, no credits given, none received. I eventually rehired her, but so much of what she'd plowed, remained unplowed to keep doing, again with no points. I feel so sorry for her.

Help.

mamanetta
Jan 13 2010, 09:27 PM
When other workers are on my farm, they are reporting that their avatar is slow and that their money is taking a long time to add up.

Are there system issues currently?

queenpinnana
Jan 13 2010, 10:18 PM
Two things your link doesn't work It took me to my farm not your farm there is a link in my sig that will tell you how to do the link.

Second if you have spaces removed from your fields go to the wrench and make sure remove spaces is still checked if not check it. If you have spaces in your fields then make sure it is not checked. Sometime the settings get changed for some reason and you have to reset them to what you wont but that should fix both of your problems.Strange. I never changed anything with the wrench this evening when I seeded, and it is working now. Another glitch I guess. I tried my link that you said took you to your farm, and it took me to mine. I took the link off anyway and put it back. I would like to get that "visit 's farm" link off of there because that is my ex brother in laws rotted farm, not mine lol. I don't know how his link got attached to my farm when I first signed up on the forum. The link is in my post #123 for my farm. I don't know why it didn't carry down to this post.

PLANET ROCKER
Jan 14 2010, 02:28 AM
my thanks and appreciation to all the developers for all their hard work on farmtown.

farmtown became a firm favorite for me within a few days.
i now have a second farm and wait patiently for new levels. :D

more power to your collective elbows guys. :)

ROCKER.

silky
Jan 14 2010, 06:01 AM
thanks,, it seems a lot better

teddyville
Jan 14 2010, 06:26 AM
I am thinking about getting a second Farm, I am interested to know how it works and do they work together as one, are there any problems going from one to the other.

I would be grateful if any one has already done this, would you please let me know before I spend my 3,000000 hard earned coins, thanks in anticipation.

Kelsey
Jan 14 2010, 09:56 AM
I am thinking about getting a second Farm, I am interested to know how it works and do they work together as one, are there any problems going from one to the other.

I would be grateful if any one has already done this, would you please let me know before I spend my 3,000000 hard earned coins, thanks in anticipation.

Please see the official thread on the New Land Upgrade. It should be stickied at the top of the Help & Support section.

queenpinnana
Jan 14 2010, 10:20 AM
I just harvested a field, and it did seem faster. That was only one farm, so not going to make an absolute opinion on it being better until I do more. I still have the main problem this morning of being hired to plow after the harvest. The persons farm stays on "loading farm" trying to get me to the plow part, and I can see my coins uploading SLOWLY and plots clearing from the harvest. Other people are plowing and I am stuck on the persons farm and can't even go home because it is stuck on their farm trying to load. I try to shut the browser, and the box comes up that says farmtown on facebook at the top with the message... this program is not responding. If my coin doesn't finish up before the other people hired to plow, I might as well forget it. I can only plow if I finish first and hired first. I don't get any information as to what server it is connecting to, just loading farm, or loading assets.

queenpinnana
Jan 14 2010, 01:39 PM
Yippeee!!! I got to plow a field all by myself with no problems at all. Was faster also :- ) For some weird reason if there are more then a few plow hires, and I'm one of them, this game doesn't like me lol. Please developers, fix my nightmare :- (

JAS0643
Jan 14 2010, 03:11 PM
Strange. I never changed anything with the wrench this evening when I seeded, and it is working now. Another glitch I guess. I tried my link that you said took you to your farm, and it took me to mine. I took the link off anyway and put it back. I would like to get that "visit 's farm" link off of there because that is my ex brother in laws rotted farm, not mine lol. I don't know how his link got attached to my farm when I first signed up on the forum. The link is in my post #123 for my farm. I don't know why it didn't carry down to this post.

The visit's farm is not your ex brother in laws farm it is a link that for some reason is put into some peoples sig when they link their account and there is no way to get ride of it the developers are looking into it. As for the manual link you had that took you to your farm if you do the link wrong it will do one of 2 things it will either take people to their farm or give you an error message. For this reason when you put a link in your sig you have to ask someone else to check it for you to make sure it is right you can't check the link yourself. There is a link in my sig that will tell you how to do it. I think the problem you had with the link was you had the wrong ID number so check that again try the link and then just post in any thread and ask someone to check your link and someone will and let you know if it is working.

queenpinnana
Jan 14 2010, 03:47 PM
The visit's farm is not your ex brother in laws farm it is a link that for some reason is put into some peoples sig when they link their account and there is no way to get ride of it the developers are looking into it. As for the manual link you had that took you to your farm if you do the link wrong it will do one of 2 things it will either take people to their farm or give you an error message. For this reason when you put a link in your sig you have to ask someone else to check it for you to make sure it is right you can't check the link yourself. There is a link in my sig that will tell you how to do it. I think the problem you had with the link was you had the wrong ID number so check that again try the link and then just post in any thread and ask someone to check your link and someone will and let you know if it is working.
Hummmm. Why is it then that when I click onto "visit' s farm" on my posts that it takes me to his rotten farm lol? Embarrassing :- ) Did you happen to click on my link today to see if it took you to my farm? I followed the directions exactly.

candlelight
Jan 14 2010, 03:53 PM
Hummmm. Why is it then that when I click onto "visit' s farm" on my posts that it takes me to his rotten farm lol? Embarrassing :- ) Did you happen to click on my link today to see if it took you to my farm? I followed the directions exactly.

Lil Flowers in the Pines is lovely. :)

queenpinnana
Jan 14 2010, 05:02 PM
Lil Flowers in the Pines is lovely. :)Well thank you candlelight :- ) I will change it probably several times before I get to level 60 lol. It relaxes me playing with it.

genuinesqueak
Jan 14 2010, 08:44 PM
I'm still having the slow saving issues. WF15. Cant find the official thread to report on.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 14 2010, 08:59 PM
I'm still having the slow saving issues. WF15. Cant find the official thread to report on.

2nd page of the help and support area: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274790

raynorcp
Jan 14 2010, 09:00 PM
Back on WF54 - no change in speed - still painfully slow. I'm embarrassed for the kind people that hire me when we have to sit for 13-15 minutes waiting and waiting for the coins to finish dripping up and the server to release me.

I have done all the recommended changes. If it is me, tell me what to do to fix this to speed I was at before 22DEC. If it's the program, please fix or at least let us know it's being worked on.

corogirl
Jan 14 2010, 09:14 PM
Back on WF54 - no change in speed - still painfully slow. I'm embarrassed for the kind people that hire me when we have to sit for 13-15 minutes waiting and waiting for the coins to finish dripping up and the server to release me.

I have done all the recommended changes. If it is me, tell me what to do to fix this to speed I was at before 22DEC. If it's the program, please fix or at least let us know it's being worked on.

Ditto....I am on WF 13 and just came home from my holidays on 13th Jan been away since 21 Dec and I cannot believe this is called an upgrade. I have never had any probs with Farmtown sunce starting on the 1st June 2009 but I am ready to give up. I miss plowing work if I have harvested, as it has all been done by the time I am released to plow. I have two farms and sometimes harvest and plow them myself, this used to take up to 3/4 hr to do both, including planting them up,now it is over 3HRS!!! Also what is with not being able to open messages while working?? I used to get a message from a neighbour who wanted me to harvest/plow and could message back instantly, now I have to wait for all the coins and harvest/plow to clear, before I can even open the message:(:mad:??

Krafty Karen
Jan 14 2010, 10:35 PM
I have to agree, the lag time between doing something and then being left standing there deaf dumb and blind are ruining this game. I can't leave or do anything until the bloody coins have stopped counting. I vary between WF31 and WF26. Obviously from reading this thread it is a game problem be it servers or developers. Please return the game to it's former state before you have no players left to experiment on and torture.

JAS0643
Jan 15 2010, 01:06 AM

The visit's farm does take people to the farm you described it is just a problem with the auto linking not working right. When I made my post earlier today you only had the visit's farm link in your sig. The manual link you have now is working and takes people to your farm.

raynorcp
Jan 15 2010, 09:11 AM
Additional Note:
Was changed to WF34 today - no change in slowness of harvesting/plowing points.

Vic The Hick
Jan 15 2010, 11:23 AM
I know this isn't the right place for this, but I've seached everywhere and can't find this issue anywhere. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to stop those annoying pop-ups, the ones that ask if you want to take a break and send gifts, or from a neighbor asking if you want to go help on thier farm?

I'm trying to rearrange things and have to continually stop to click off those stupid messages. If anyone knows how to stop them , I would be so grateful!!
Thanks!

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 15 2010, 11:27 AM
I know this isn't the right place for this, but I've seached everywhere and can't find this issue anywhere. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to stop those annoying pop-ups, the ones that ask if you want to take a break and send gifts, or from a neighbor asking if you want to go help on thier farm?

I'm trying to rearrange things and have to continually stop to click off those stupid messages. If anyone knows how to stop them , I would be so grateful!!
Thanks!

You can't stop them, but usually clicking the x in the top right corner of those messages slows them down. Some said that working offline can sometimes help but they still appear.

momi4nine
Jan 15 2010, 12:40 PM
PLEASE HELP with painfully slow harvest and plow. People seem to be doing circles around me. My avatar is speedy...but it takes 20 minutes for the coins to drop and the XP to catch up. What the heck???
I have done all the upgrades, cleanings, updates of flash....etc.....and still sooooo sllllooooooowwwwww. People are really annoyed with such slow speeds. I just wanna harvest and plow with the best of them. We have satillite internet through wildblue and I am WF60
thanks

Ike8266
Jan 15 2010, 01:30 PM

Not so for this poor computer. with 170Ghz processor and 1Gb of RAM, my avatar still moves at a sluggardly pace. i have found the best fix is to save everything when done, go to the inn and come back to my farm to find all the plowing/planting etc. finished.

P.S. Why isn't the link to my farm showing up? My account is linked, but it doesn't indicate it in my messages.

queenpinnana
Jan 15 2010, 01:36 PM

Thanks!I know what you mean lol. That farmer guy who asks if you want to take a break and send gifts is a pain in the plow lol. Sometimes I get him every 15-20 minutes. It is always right after I have already sent gifts, or trying to water. It makes me feel like they want me to keep moving and get off of my farm like I'm there to long. Doesn't really matter because I will lose connection to the server after 10 minutes anyway if I'm suddenly idle.

Bunkysmonkey
Jan 15 2010, 02:13 PM
Will there ever come a time when there will be more levels.....Those of us who have reached level 60 are lost! We too need something to work for! I can only speak for myself ,but I'm lost without being able to advance.......Please think about addimg more levels. WE're all going to reach 60 at some point in time.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 15 2010, 02:16 PM
Will there ever come a time when there will be more levels.....Those of us who have reached level 60 are lost! We too need something to work for! I can only speak for myself ,but I'm lost without being able to advance.......Please think about addimg more levels. WE're all going to reach 60 at some point in time.

I know right now the devs are focusing on the glitches....if you are bored at level 60 you can redesign your farm(s), try to get as much xp as you can, mentor a new farm, etc. The list goes on! Great ideas in the social forum. It's not over at level 60 if you think about that way, it could be just the beginning ;)

Kat!
Jan 15 2010, 03:22 PM
Been on level 60 since the day we got level 60, and now i´m really bored. All my friends have quit playing this game a long time ago, but I like so I had stayed, but now....
everyday when i log in i really hope that something have happen, new things, new features or maybe a chance 2 expand.... but nothing. Its so boring now that I´m really thinking of give up and move "to a better farm"
I know that this game is "free" and that U do the best U can 2 develep it but it seems like U dont take our comments seriously or answer our questions....

I really like this game, and I think that you all are doing a great job with it, but something has to happen .....

jeanieNGMsfarm
Jan 15 2010, 03:57 PM
seems like U dont take our comments seriously or answer our questions....

you must not visit the forum much. this is one of the few games that listen's to its players when it comes to upgrades and fixing things. just because they have allot on there plate and cant give us everything everyone wants the second they ask doesnt mean they are not listening. the mod's also do a great job answering everyone questions and helping they are the ones in direct contact with the developers and send them threads form the forum (official threads)

anita rose
Jan 15 2010, 04:21 PM
PLEASE HELP with painfully slow harvest and plow. People seem to be doing circles around me. My avatar is speedy...but it takes 20 minutes for the coins to drop and the XP to catch up. What the heck???
I have done all the upgrades, cleanings, updates of flash....etc.....and still sooooo sllllooooooowwwwww. People are really annoyed with such slow speeds. I just wanna harvest and plow with the best of them. We have satillite internet through wildblue and I am WF60
thanks

I also have satellite through wildblue and am WF 2 with the same problems mentioned above. (I no longer harvest or plow through hires at the marketplace). However, using a T1 line at work isn't the answer but rather a different problem. On the T1 if there is more than 1 worker the pauses and stutters are difficult to work around and the avatar is stuck in mud (slow). I have also experienced time outs and being kicked off the farms.

Thanks for your work with this project.

Kat!
Jan 15 2010, 04:26 PM
you must not visit the forum much. this is one of the few games that listen's to its players when it comes to upgrades and fixing things. just because they have allot on there plate and cant give us everything everyone wants the second they ask doesnt mean they are not listening. the mod's also do a great job answering everyone questions and helping they are the ones in direct contact with the developers and send them threads form the forum (official threads)

You are right I dont visit the forum much but when I do I read everything here since my last visit, and everytime I´m here I c the same questions and the same comments and I dont c so many answers,
And maybe its my bad english, (i´m not englishspeaking) but I did write that I like this game and that they are doing a great job with it, and I really didnt write that they should give us everything that we want the second we ask for it, but some of the things people ask for they have been asking about forever....
And I think that they dont update the things so often, If you havent noticed : we can still send christmasthings 2 our friends.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 15 2010, 05:04 PM
You are right I dont visit the forum much but when I do I read everything here since my last visit, and everytime I´m here I c the same questions and the same comments and I dont c so many answers,
And maybe its my bad english, (i´m not englishspeaking) but I did write that I like this game and that they are doing a great job with it, and I really didnt write that they should give us everything that we want the second we ask for it, but some of the things people ask for they have been asking about forever....
And I think that they dont update the things so often, If you havent noticed : we can still send christmasthings 2 our friends.

The devs are busy fixing the glitches. I am sure they will remove the Christmas tab when they have the time ;)

queenpinnana
Jan 15 2010, 08:41 PM
The devs are busy fixing the glitches. I am sure they will remove the Christmas tab when they have the time ;)Geesh, I could care less about the Christmas decorations being there myself lol. I just want to be able to play the game without the connection to the server timing out, and being able to plow another persons farm from the Market Place after I harvest without their farm trying to load me to plow and not going anywhere.
I think part of the frustration with many of us is, that we just went through quite some time on us not getting our cash and xp's, and now this loading issue turns up since the fix. I have already been booted out of so many farms and frozen with IE or Firefox not closing to where I have to shut down my computer that I'm getting used to the problems. At least I can still harvest my own farm and plow it, and my daughters farm. I'm still leveling up one way or the other lol. It will be nice though when this is fixed :- )

Fair Field
Jan 16 2010, 12:30 AM
Why is this widespread problem not being fixed? I love this game, but I am getting timed out at my OWN farm. The avatar takes FOREVER to do anything, and forget about working for anybody (which was the fun of this game). She will harvest, s l o w l y, and then I have to wait for the points/coins to tally up. If i get to plow, the points/coins tally takes even longer!

I shouldn't have to go out and buy a new computer to play this game. Especially since it was working like top before the "updates".

And what's up with the social.pic script at the bottom of my page? There are two programs trying to load on my computer and it bogs me down even more. Is Farm Town trying to make money off tracking cookies and can't incorporate the scipts without blowing everything else out of whack?

I personally would like to hear something from Farm Town devs about this issues a lot of us are having.

I managed to get 8,000,000 coins with the system being broken (according to some players) and plenty of points. I wasn't one who tracked every plot I harvested or plowed. I wish you could roll back all updates to the opint where the game worked really, really well. I used to be very fast. Nothing has changed on my computer-just the game has changed. Now I dread going into Farm Town, it's just not fun anymore. If we need to get rid of our second farms, i would. I need to speed up my avatar. I really miss the old version of Farm Town. ROLL IT BACK!

Kelsey
Jan 16 2010, 12:44 AM
The developers are working on these problems - please continue reporting details so that they can focus in on what exactly is the problem (i.e. problem servers etc.).

Fair Field, as for the social.pic script - are you running other programs? Since FT takes up a lot of RAM it is best to run it by itself (especially for people with 1-3GB of RAM or less). Could it be that there are ads (placed by Facebook and MySpace - not Slashkey) running? If you are experiencing ads that are popping up when you are not clicking on them, we have an official thread to report that in as they are NOT allowed to do so. The only 'cookies' of sort would be what you have allowed (e.g. Facebook permissions etc).

HelenJS22
Jan 16 2010, 01:43 AM
I know what you mean lol. That farmer guy who asks if you want to take a break and send gifts is a pain in the plow lol. Sometimes I get him every 15-20 minutes. It is always right after I have already sent gifts, or trying to water. It makes me feel like they want me to keep moving and get off of my farm like I'm there to long. Doesn't really matter because I will lose connection to the server after 10 minutes anyway if I'm suddenly idle.

I'm afraid I agree with this - I DO send gifts, and I DO tend to neighbours. I guess others need a reminder, but IT DRIVES ME NUTS !!!!!!!

HelenJS22
Jan 16 2010, 01:49 AM
Ditto....I am on WF 13 and just came home from my holidays on 13th Jan been away since 21 Dec and I cannot believe this is called an upgrade. I have never had any probs with Farmtown sunce starting on the 1st June 2009 but I am ready to give up. I miss plowing work if I have harvested, as it has all been done by the time I am released to plow. I have two farms and sometimes harvest and plow them myself, this used to take up to 3/4 hr to do both, including planting them up,now it is over 3HRS!!! Also what is with not being able to open messages while working?? I used to get a message from a neighbour who wanted me to harvest/plow and could message back instantly, now I have to wait for all the coins and harvest/plow to clear, before I can even open the message:(:mad:??

Thanks, I thought it was my imagine that I used to be able to answer a message from another farmer whilst working for someone else, but no longer, and yes, most annoying. I know they are glitches that are apparently being sorted, but in the meantime it makes us feel like giving up.

Starbound
Jan 16 2010, 02:09 AM
Greetings all:

I too have been visited by the "reminder guy" way too many times.
The rest of the game freezes while he's making his entry and 1) boots me out of full screen and 2) today I have been booted out of the game so many times that I had to give up on doing work for others.
Who said farming is easy ???
Star

rebeljane
Jan 16 2010, 03:40 AM
I have a complaint about having to wait for coins and points to add on before you can accept plow job. Which means if you are a fast harvester and harvest more than others you can miss out on a plow job because all the slower harvesters have been hired before you because they don't have as many coins to add on.

HelenJS22
Jan 16 2010, 04:50 AM
I have a complaint about having to wait for coins and points to add on before you can accept plow job. Which means if you are a fast harvester and harvest more than others you can miss out on a plow job because all the slower harvesters have been hired before you because they don't have as many coins to add on.

That is an exactly correct comment. It happens to me all the time, but there are probably those who would call it poetic justice because we have faster computers to play the game on.

HelenJS22
Jan 16 2010, 05:08 AM
TO THE DEVELOPERS: I have been reading the forum for quite a few hours today and yes, I have added my small twopence worth here and there ...... BUT I want to add that I think YOU ARE DOING A FANTASTIC JOB and I don't think you deserve the bashing you appear to be getting. As I've said before IT IS A GAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. At the moment there are a couple of annoying issues, but mostly it is working okay most of the time, and from one who has been playing since March last year, the improvements since then are astronomical. THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=527697491

ellen1
Jan 16 2010, 07:12 AM
Except we need more levels...............:)

iots028
Jan 16 2010, 07:28 AM
I'm on wf26 today and am having very slow harvesting/plowing. It's not my computer, when I log on as another user, it's fine. I've posted before about the other servers that i've had problem on. Part of the time it appears to be keeping up, but then I save and it takes forever. I am not complaining, just reporting. I love this game and want it to be the best it can. I realize it is technically far above the other facebook games I play.

queenpinnana
Jan 16 2010, 08:15 AM
I have a question? What was the problem before they ever messed around with this game? When I first started playing it several months ago, my avatar shot the xp's out of the top of her head like a rocket going off. I had no problems with timing out or coins and xp's loading slower then anyone elses...like NOW. I could plow from the Market Place after harvesting..NOT like NOW. Back then the game was enjoyable..NOT like NOW lol. If there wasn't a major issue back then...which I don't recall one, why mess with something that works? Like the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm sure some people had some problems, but not like we are experiancing now from what I recall.

Charo
Jan 16 2010, 08:24 AM
I have a question? What was the problem before they ever messed around with this game? When I first started playing it several months ago, my avatar shot the xp's out of the top pf her head like a rocket going off. I had no problems with timing out or coins and xp's loading slower then anyone elses...like NOW. I could plow from the Market Place after harvesting..NOT like NOW. Back then the game was enjoyable..NOT like NOW lol. If there wasn't a major issue back then...which I don't recall one, why mess with something that works? Like the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm sure some people had some problems, but not like we are experiancing now from what I recall.

Some folks weren't getting coins/xp. Well, the problem is even more widespread now.

If they would go back to 12/21 but change the movement algorithm for hired hands, that would be great. But nooooo. It just keeps getting worse.

Robin47
Jan 16 2010, 09:22 AM
WF23 and am still having problems with the start/stop stuttery game play when harvesting/plowing on others' farms. Is this being worked on at all?

raynorcp
Jan 16 2010, 09:36 AM
Changed to WF14 today - no change in slowness of harvest/plow. This is still painful. Please help let by letting us know if it is being worked on or if I'm going to have to stay this way.

farmergaylord
Jan 16 2010, 09:58 AM
Except we need more levels...............:)

How about they FIX the game first.... THEN worry about adding levels? Why are people so concerned with trivial stuff like there being Christmas items still in the store, and adding more levels, when the game doesn't work properly at the moment? I'm GLAD the Christmas stuff is still there, and there is no level past 60 (yet) as it indicates to me that the developers have their priorities straight.

#1 - FIX GAME

#2 thru infinity - Everything else

farmergaylord
Jan 16 2010, 10:04 AM
Some folks weren't getting coins/xp. Well, the problem is even more widespread now.

If they would go back to 12/21 but change the movement algorithm for hired hands, that would be great. But nooooo. It just keeps getting worse.

I don't think the lost coin/Xp thing is more widespread at the moment. People seem to be getting proper credit, it's just that now it takes forever, and if you leave a farm before the server catches up to your marked fields, you lose the coins and/or Xp's as the case may be.

Having said that; For whatever it's worth ... This morning I found myself on WF33 as opposed to my usual WF13, and I must say, it worked like a charm. I was able to hire people to harvest and plow on both my farms and there was hardly any lag at all. Granted, I only ever hire ONE person at-a-time, but still it worked much better than it had been.

[Facebook user]

queenpinnana
Jan 16 2010, 10:39 AM
I don't think the lost coin/Xp thing is more widespread at the moment. People seem to be getting proper credit, it's just that now it takes forever, and if you leave a farm before the server catches up to your marked fields, you lose the coins and/or Xp's as the case may be.

Having said that; For whatever it's worth ... This morning I found myself on WF33 as opposed to my usual WF13, and I must say, it worked like a charm. I was able to hire people to harvest and plow on both my farms and there was hardly any lag at all. Granted, I only ever hire ONE person at-a-time, but still it worked much better than it had been.

[Facebook user]I AM on WF 33 and it sucks!! It does work better and faster when there is only one person harvesting and plowing MY farm. I only hire one person also. My problem is that I can't plow after I have harvested a farm from the Market Place. The farm gets either stuck on the blue and gray loading lines in the middle or the words loading farm in the black box in the middle. Many times I get to watch people plowing instead of me being one of them. Then I am frozen on their farm and can't get out of it without shutting my pueter down. Instead of them doing a major repair job on this if it was a coin and xp problem in the beginning with only SOME farmers, I think that they should have left it alone and tried to fix a FEW instead of doing a complete change. It's evident that it is a LOADING issue since most of the time that pain in the butt black box is always stuck in the middle of the screen when you are doing anothers farm from the Market Place.

queenpinnana
Jan 16 2010, 10:56 AM
How about they FIX the game first.... THEN worry about adding levels? Why are people so concerned with trivial stuff like there being Christmas items still in the store, and adding more levels, when the game doesn't work properly at the moment? I'm GLAD the Christmas stuff is still there, and there is no level past 60 (yet) as it indicates to me that the developers have their priorities straight.

#1 - FIX GAME

#2 thru infinity - Everything elseI said pretty much the same thing regarding the Christmas stuff lol. I could care less, because my hope is that they are concentrating on the larger problems right now also. As far as the levels go, I could care less on that also. I'm moving up little by little, and if there is nothing beyond 60, why the rush to get there?

raindrops300
Jan 16 2010, 11:18 AM
Formerly on WF59, Now on WF 19. Tried to harvest for someone on WF 4. I am so frustrated, I am about to give up. First time I have tried to work for someone in a couple of days. Have been having trouble and thought I would give it time to get fixed.
I get hired to harvest on WF 4. There are others there also. I make one click to harvest and get the "I'm busy" over and over while my avatar creeps slowly toward the plot. Finally she gets there. I click again on the 2nd plot, "I'm busy". By the time I got 5 plots harvested the other workers had harvested everything and begun plowing. So I just left.
I have done the adobe flash player thing, cleared my cache and done all the stuff recommended. I have a good computer with broadband cable hookup. Prior to Dec 22, no problems.
I am so disappointed. I love this game and am addicted, but the frustration level is about to make it not worth it.
Is it not possible to roll it back to prior to Dec 22 update?

bluemountain
Jan 16 2010, 11:43 AM
They make us stay here for hours..... it's NOT funny anymore.
I HATE to wait for points and money. Better I would lose some than always have to wait and another fact: I cannot go to my gift box while seeding or doing other stuff! It's f**** annoying!
Once I LOVED the game now it is like OMG! I have to go there because I wanna help a friend!

FIX IT! Don't to as you would fix it! Go BACK to the time the game worked better!

farmergaylord
Jan 16 2010, 11:51 AM
I AM on WF 33 and it sucks!! It does work better and faster when there is only one person harvesting and plowing MY farm. I only hire one person also. My problem is that I can't plow after I have harvested a farm from the Market Place. The farm gets either stuck on the blue and gray loading lines in the middle or the words loading farm in the black box in the middle. Many times I get to watch people plowing instead of me being one of them. Then I am frozen on their farm and can't get out of it without shutting my pueter down. Instead of them doing a major repair job on this if it was a coin and xp problem in the beginning with only SOME farmers, I think that they should have left it alone and tried to fix a FEW instead of doing a complete change. It's evident that it is a LOADING issue since most of the time that pain in the butt black box is always stuck in the middle of the screen when you are doing anothers farm from the Market Place.

Actually I think it's (kinda) been admitted that it's a server(s) space issue probably brought about by the developers caving to the whims of the whiners by allowing people to have second farms without researching how many folks would qualify almost immediately. The poop started to REALLY hit the fan shortly after the second farm option came out. They still had new players signing up, and those of us who had been playing for some time IMMEDIATELY qualified for and purchased the second farm. SO what (probably) happened is the number of farms almost doubled in a short period of time, and the servers just couldn't/still can't/ handle the load. Hence, all the subsequent problems.

As to what you wrote about working for others? I cannot speak to that as I did not attempt to get hired while on WF33 this morning. But I DO believe you. All I KNOW is that I had a pre-12/22 experience while people were working FOR me. :-)

farmergaylord
Jan 16 2010, 11:54 AM
I said pretty much the same thing regarding the Christmas stuff lol. I could care less, because my hope is that they are concentrating on the larger problems right now also. As far as the levels go, I could care less on that also. I'm moving up little by little, and if there is nothing beyond 60, why the rush to get there?

EXACTLY! What's the sense in adding more levels and trinkets to a game that doesn't work correctly?

farmergaylord
Jan 16 2010, 12:08 PM
EXACTLY! What's the sense in adding more levels and trinkets to a game that doesn't work correctly?

Be kinda like adding some $4000.00 rims to a nice looking car with a blown engine. :p

dixiegirl
Jan 16 2010, 01:19 PM
I am level 60, as of yesterday I am on server WF28, was on 6.

While I had been seeing some inprovement in play, other than the time out issue, that is no longer the case.
I can not even stay in market, I get a timed out notice in the market! In the market standing still, waiting. What is that?
It is almost impossible to work for others because of the constant timing out.
I love this game and think the Dev have done an excellent job, but it is time to admit defeat and put us back to where we were before Dec 22. This portion of the game is not working.

And while it says my farm is linked it apparently is not, and I have given up trying. Dont tell me where to find instructions... i have tried to do that repeatly and I give up!

Charo
Jan 16 2010, 05:40 PM

[Facebook user]

I hire people and see when they queue stuff that doesn't clear. I then have to hire people to finish the job, or harvest/plow myself. Something is messed up.

queenpinnana
Jan 16 2010, 05:41 PM
Be kinda like adding some $4000.00 rims to a nice looking car with a blown engine. :pLOL!!!! Very good example.

raynorcp
Jan 16 2010, 05:54 PM
Normally on WF54, changed to WF14 Sat AM, now on WF19 Sat PM. No change in slowness. All recommended changes made. Took me 20 mins to finish harvest at neighbor's farm (740 plots) and about 7 mins to click them all. Then I wait and wait. Thank goodness he is kind and understanding. Some not so much. I get hired, click all the plots, and if there is anyone else there working, I have to wait for the "already dones" to cycle or abort the whole mission. If it is just me working, the farmer doesn't like waiting and will harvest what I have already clicked on. Then I get the already done again.

I have no save function while I'm waiting. It will not show pending changes saved until all the plots are done. I cannot check my messages until everything is calculated.

4 Gig Ram which worked perfectly before 22DEC upgrade. I can plant 800+ plots on my own farm, click save (even with 2/3s in que) and it works fine.

I don't think it is the second farm or the server space as that ability was working fine before the 22nd upgrade snafu.

queenpinnana
Jan 16 2010, 05:56 PM
Actually I think it's (kinda) been admitted that it's a server(s) space issue probably brought about by the developers caving to the whims of the whiners by allowing people to have second farms without researching how many folks would qualify almost immediately. The poop started to REALLY hit the fan shortly after the second farm option came out. They still had new players signing up, and those of us who had been playing for some time IMMEDIATELY qualified for and purchased the second farm. SO what (probably) happened is the number of farms almost doubled in a short period of time, and the servers just couldn't/still can't/ handle the load. Hence, all the subsequent problems.

As to what you wrote about working for others? I cannot speak to that as I did not attempt to get hired while on WF33 this morning. But I DO believe you. All I KNOW is that I had a pre-12/22 experience while people were working FOR me. :-)Now that makes sense on the second farm. I forgot about that. It may have been better to allow expansion like farmville to "cater to those whims" lol. I myself don't want a second farm to add to the clutter. This is a game, not my entire life like some people act like it is. I can change my one and only farm anytime I choose to make it look like another farm :- ) I look at it as a form of relaxation, not a fix like cocaine, and I want my relaxation working properly lol. If this wasn't free, there would be mass hysteria.

corogirl
Jan 16 2010, 09:14 PM
Now that makes sense on the second farm. I forgot about that. It may have been better to allow expansion like farmville to "cater to those whims" lol. I myself don't want a second farm to add to the clutter. This is a game, not my entire life like some people act like it is. I can change my one and only farm anytime I choose to make it look like another farm :- ) I look at it as a form of relaxation, not a fix like cocaine, and I want my relaxation working properly lol. If this wasn't free, there would be mass hysteria.

I don't think the 2nd farm option is the issue as my farms were all working perfectly pre Dec 21st. Please, please, roll back the dec 22nd 'upgrade'. I am on here from one of my farms while I wait to 'go home' from plowing just over 700 fields from another and so far I have been waiting 20mins and I want to open two messages that I can't open grrr.
I won't be going to the market to work until it is fixed and the WF on all my farms keeps changing so it's not that either.

MandyW
Jan 16 2010, 09:38 PM
I think I've seen some improvement on myspace. Thats the one I was having the most problems with. The coin tally seems to be a little faster so I can accept the plow jobs quicker BUT when I do finish plowing the coins/xp tally is still just as slow as it was. I am pleased to say though that I have had quite a few jobs tonight that I was able to click as fast as my tired little finger would click and havent time out any at all.... so far. 'o)

MandyW
Jan 16 2010, 09:59 PM
Well shucks.. I knew I should have knocked on wood. I just did a very small job harvesting and then plow. Timed out at the last minute, but did get the job done. Was hoping that timing out thing was fixed. ;o(

raynorcp
Jan 16 2010, 10:29 PM
Ran a test tonight - I'm now on WF8. 4th server in 24 hrs. Still no change in slowness. My test - I harvested and plowed some of my OWN farm and it went quick. Even with plots in que, I could save and immediately everything calculated. Why is it so slow if I'm working for someone else? Same calculations, same internet speed, same computer.

Sassy Kathy
Jan 16 2010, 10:47 PM
All of my problems seem to happen on WF21 ... the server I hate. WF1 is the best for me ... zoom zoom and no problems.

jack dahl
Jan 17 2010, 04:17 AM
my buildings have all disappered about two weeks ago and I can't see them

candlelight
Jan 17 2010, 05:44 AM
my buildings have all disappered about two weeks ago and I can't see them

Please check your preferences under the spanner / wrench icon and make sure there is a tick / check mark in the box beside Show Buildings.

If that is not your problem you will need to link your farm so someone can have a look.

Auto-link is NOT working properly so please follow the instructions in this thread to link it manually:

FORUM/FARM Linking issues and how to
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49590

lucky gal
Jan 17 2010, 07:39 AM
ty so much for listening. My coins r coming faster now

nickynackynoo
Jan 17 2010, 10:14 AM
All of my problems seem to happen on WF21 ... the server I hate. WF1 is the best for me ... zoom zoom and no problems.

Can u pls tell me how to find out what server i am on and how to change it xx

Krafty Karen
Jan 17 2010, 10:39 AM
I have been observing the speed of harvesting versus plowing. I notice that when harvesting the coins definately count faster and I can be done in better time. However the plowing is still extremely slow in counting the coins. I really dislike the fact that the progress bars on the plots no longer show so we can see what we are doing. At this point we can't see where we are working. Can this be fixed? I have noticed in the past two days that I have been on WF11, WF12, WF13 WF26 and WF46. There is no improvement between any of them for the plowing issue.

Sassy Kathy
Jan 17 2010, 10:49 AM
Can u pls tell me how to find out what server i am on and how to change it xx

You can tell what server you're on by looking in the chat box below your neighbors bar ... you'll see the "WF" and number. The server you're on is a random selection and we have no control over it. You could be on a different server several times a day here.

queenpinnana
Jan 17 2010, 11:01 AM
OMG, what a treat!!! I am now connecting on WF 13 instead of WF 33. I harvested a field, got hired to plow, and actually got in the farm without watching it load forever and missing out on the plow job. It was pretty fast also, but that could be because it was a small second farm and it was just me and one other person. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

queenpinnana
Jan 17 2010, 11:11 AM
You can tell what server you're on by looking in the chat box below your neighbors bar ... you'll see the "WF" and number. The server you're on is a random selection and we have no control over it. You could be on a different server several times a day here.Hummmm...then why up until this morning I was always connecting on WF 33? I checked everytime my farm loaded. I believe in coincidences, but that would be uncanny wouldn't it?

queenpinnana
Jan 17 2010, 11:17 AM
I just went back to my farm to check if this was just luck, and it connected to WF 13 again.

queenpinnana
Jan 17 2010, 11:26 AM
Went again..WF 13 again. Could it be that the Developers are doing something with the servers? Gawd, I hope so and I stay where I'm at on 13.

candlelight
Jan 17 2010, 12:11 PM
Hummmm...then why up until this morning I was always connecting on WF 33? I checked everytime my farm loaded. I believe in coincidences, but that would be uncanny wouldn't it?

I just went back to my farm to check if this was just luck, and it connected to WF 13 again.

Went again..WF 13 again. Could it be that the Developers are doing something with the servers? Gawd, I hope so and I stay where I'm at on 13.

Queenpinnana, as was said earlier, it isn't unusual to be moved to a different server. This normally happens when the developers need to work on a server so they move those normally on it to other ones temporarily. Or I suppose it might also happen if by some strange coincidence more people whose farms are hosted on a particular server than that server can handle at once are all logged in at the same time.

We do normally eventually end up back on our "usual" server. If this happens to you I hope it's because your server is now able to behave as well as your temporary home. :)

queenpinnana
Jan 17 2010, 01:03 PM
Queenpinnana, as was said earlier, it isn't unusual to be moved to a different server. This normally happens when the developers need to work on a server so they move those normally on it to other ones temporarily. Or I suppose it might also happen if by some strange coincidence more people whose farms are hosted on a particular server than that server can handle at once are all logged in at the same time.

We do normally eventually end up back on our "usual" server. If this happens to you I hope it's because your server is now able to behave as well as your temporary home. :)Well, this was short lived happiness :- ( I am still connecting to WF 13 "for now". The two plow hires that I got after harvesting, after the one that worked like it should have, stayed stuck with the black box in the middle saying "enqueuing harvested field". It went no where but freezing the persons farm on my screen and IE stopped responding..as usual. I'm getting tired of having to reboot my computer to get out of the persons farm. It can't be good for the computer either. I give up, and will refuse plow jobs unless it is just a plow and no harvesting first until this is fixed. To big of a headache. The only good thing now with WF 13 is that it is faster when harvesting then WF 33.

queenpinnana
Jan 17 2010, 05:35 PM
Doing a little experimenting on my own....nothing else to do lol. The farmer asked me to plow after harvesting. I was only one harvesting. I asked them kindly if they would refresh their farm first since I have this loading issue? They did, and I got to plow. Loaded just fine with no "enqueuing harvested field" black box loading forever and freezing my puter. Not all will be that generous if it is more then me harvesting I'm sure :- (

Gabis farm
Jan 17 2010, 06:37 PM
Sometimes it looks like it's moving backwards. I used to love Farm Town, but now I feel like "what's the point"? No matter what I do my level is not moving up, and folks that were way behind me, are now way ahead. I am not sure if its a glitch or I have a problem. But, I have a problem enjoying farm town anymore. I have over a million, but again, what's the point, since I can't buy anything I want to buy. I keep planting and plowing, but going nowhere fast.

Sydneys Farm
Jan 17 2010, 09:17 PM
how do i post a picture on here?

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 17 2010, 09:40 PM
how do i post a picture on here?

A picture of your farm?
Firstly , make sure your screen is on full screen and zoomed to where you can see your farm properly.
Then locate and press your print screen button , its next to the F12 button on keyboard.
Then open up paint and choose the edit tab and then paste option.
Then save your image , you can crop it a bit if you want to get rid of the green all round the pic etc.
Then save it as a jpeg image.
Then either use photobucket or tinypic to host your picture.
Then use the [IMG] tagged link in the links it gives you and post the resulting link here.

crazysherri
Jan 18 2010, 11:43 AM
Mine still does this what can I do help me please

amberdh
Jan 18 2010, 11:46 AM
Mine still does this what can I do help me please

Does what? Could you please be more specific :)

SirDaywalker
Jan 18 2010, 08:40 PM
Everything seems to be working fine.
:)
Thanks for all the hard work.

So, when will we see new items/gifts etc?

Soon, I hope!
:D
Give us a hint...will there be more new levels?

Signed,

Level 60 ~ Stalking the Forums for Moreeeeeeeeee
:cool:

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs156.snc3/18353_257086973122_530278122_3466929_96771_n.jpg

queenpinnana
Jan 18 2010, 08:48 PM
Everything seems to be working fine
It is :eek:?????

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 18 2010, 08:53 PM
It is :eek:?????

Some people don't have issues at all.

queenpinnana
Jan 18 2010, 09:02 PM
Some people don't have issues at all.Now why couldn't I have been one of the lucky ones :rolleyes:

BirdSalad
Jan 18 2010, 09:05 PM
Now why couldn't I have been one of the lucky ones :rolleyes:

I suspect there are a few of us asking the very same question.:confused:

LROwens
Jan 18 2010, 10:38 PM
Will there be Valentines and Easter specific items becoming available soon?:D

MandyW
Jan 18 2010, 11:05 PM

I sure hope not!!!!!!!!! That would mean they're wasting time on **** instead of fixing the problems. :eek:

Kelsey
Jan 18 2010, 11:13 PM

Please post any suggestions for Holidays in the official Holiday suggestion thread stickied at the top of the Feedback & Suggestions section of the forum. This thread is for feedback etc on the December 22 Update 4 Release only.

Thank you!

Sassy Kathy
Jan 18 2010, 11:33 PM
Strange ... tonight for the first time I can't visit neighbors unless I receive the automated prompt.

Green screen with the following: "Loading cat hedge:Retry 2" and it's stuck at 29%.

Same message for all neighbors' farms. (What's a cat hedge??) I also can't get back home once I'm stuck. Anyway I was on WF54 (another dreaded server); although earlier I was on WF48 and had no problems.

Kelsey
Jan 18 2010, 11:45 PM
Strange ... tonight for the first time I can't visit neighbors unless I receive the automated prompt.

Green screen with the following: "Loading cat hedge:Retry 2" and it's stuck at 29%.

Same message for all neighbors' farms. (What's a cat hedge??) I also can't get back home once I'm stuck. Anyway I was on WF54 (another dreaded server); although earlier I was on WF48 and had no problems.

Hi Sassy Kathy,

I just visited your farm (lovely, by the way!! you've done a great job!) and did not have any problem reaching it - a little slow from the 80% on, but I got there.

I'm just tossing out ideas here:

A cat hedge is a gift hedge - I wonder, did you receive one and it never quite made it onto your farm? Or perhaps on of your neighbors farms is entirely loaded/bogged down and that is the last item it is trying to load - which may carry over to the other farms (similar to when you take plowed fields with you to the MP)?

Sassy Kathy
Jan 18 2010, 11:49 PM
Hi Sassy Kathy,

I'm just tossing out ideas here:

A cat hedge is a gift hedge - I wonder, did you receive one and it never quite made it onto your farm? Or perhaps on of your neighbors farms is entirely loaded/bogged down and that is the last item it is trying to load - which may carry over to the other farms (similar to when you take plowed fields with you to the MP)?

Thanks for the compliment! I looked in both the store and gift section and did not find a cat hedge, that's what threw me off. Anyway, I've never been given one as a gift and the really strange thing is that every neighbor I tried to visit had the same message. So I can go to my own farm, but if I try to visit anyone I get stuck in the twilight zone and can neither access their farm or get back to my own. I have to completely reload.

Thanks so much for taking the time to check it out, though. :)

Kelsey
Jan 19 2010, 12:21 AM
Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Have you tried turning off everything - trees, buildings, flowers - before you try to access your neighbors farms?

Sassy Kathy
Jan 19 2010, 02:08 AM
Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Have you tried turning off everything - trees, buildings, flowers - before you try to access your neighbors farms?

Thanks so much for trying. All is well now :D

It's been my experience that the glitches work themselves out eventually. I reported it in case it was helpful for the Devs to know which servers seem to be having more problems.

Thanks again. Nite!

Lynluvsjazz
Jan 19 2010, 05:04 AM
I heard some time ago that we would be able to feed our animals collect milk, eggs etc....like farmville.....what happened? Was that a rumor. I have two farms on FT and would love for this to happen. Farmville has more things going for it.
thanks, Linda

Sandie Angel
Jan 19 2010, 07:20 AM
Hello:

Where are the upgrades for this month? I know some of you may think perhaps there's no upgrades for this month, but farm town always give us upgrades every month in the past, so why is this month an exception? I'm still waiting for the new stuff to buy, and to know what's there in the upgrades?? Please some real looking zoo animals (not hedges) will be greatly appreciated, i.e. Lions, tigers, giraffes, hippos, elephants, chimps, monkeys, birds, etc.

Thank you!!!

Sandie Angel :)

Brandy♥TH
Jan 19 2010, 07:26 AM
Hello:

Where are the upgrades for this month? I know some of you may think perhaps there's no upgrades for this month, but farm town always give us upgrades every month in the past, so why is this month an exception? I'm still waiting for the new stuff to buy, and to know what's there in the upgrades?? Please some real looking zoo animals (not hedges) will be greatly appreciated, i.e. Lions, tigers, giraffes, hippos, elephants, chimps, monkeys, birds, etc.

Thank you!!!

OMG are you serious? Dont you think that issues that the game already has should get some attention before we go starting a zoo in FARMTOWN! Enough with the new **** we dont need, why not get the game we are already playing working properly?

silky
Jan 19 2010, 07:41 AM
Hello:

Thank you!!!

As long as I have been playing I have never know MONTHLY UPGRADES..lol.. They upgrade when the need to, not on a time schedule. This game needs to get running correctly before they add any new "Little" items for you to use on your farm.....

Kelsey
Jan 19 2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks so much for trying. All is well now :D

It's been my experience that the glitches work themselves out eventually. I reported it in case it was helpful for the Devs to know which servers seem to be having more problems.

Thanks again. Nite!

Please make sure that if you are reporting issues like this (that cannot be fixed by what we have done) that you should use the 'Contact' link at the bottom of the game (not this forum) and not the 'Report' link as the report link goes to FB and not to Slashkey.

Reporting on here, in the official threads like you did, is the best way (especially when a lot of issues are common) is the best way for the developers to keep track. You did great - all of your details were perfect!!

Kelsey
Jan 19 2010, 08:20 AM
I heard some time ago that we would be able to feed our animals collect milk, eggs etc....like farmville.....what happened? Was that a rumor. I have two farms on FT and would love for this to happen. Farmville has more things going for it.
thanks, Linda

That was originally the plan - I believe that in early N&A announcements it was said that animals would have a purposed, however another game released that shortly after and we are not sure when/if that will happen.

Please place your suggestions into the appropriate official suggestion threads in the Feedback & Suggestions section of the forum as this thread is only to do with the Dec 22 Update 4 Release.

Thank you.

Kelsey
Jan 19 2010, 08:21 AM
Please post ALL suggestions for items etc into the Feedback & Suggestions section of the forum. We have official 'Post Here:' threads for any item. This thread is to deal with the December 22, Update 4, Release only.

Thank you.

queenpinnana
Jan 19 2010, 08:50 AM
OMG are you serious? Dont you think that issues that the game already has should get some attention before we go starting a zoo in FARMTOWN! Enough with the new **** we dont need, why not get the game we are already playing working properly?I agree ;) I could care less at this point about anything new. Evidently the people who are wanting Zoo's and getting Valentines Day items aren't having game issues to the point of wanting to pull their hair out and scream...like me :D