PDA

View Full Version : Discussions about Hiring and Hiring Practices

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

HelenJS22
Apr 27 2010, 06:26 PM
I've been playing FT for about 2 months now and find it to be highly addictive! I love to harvest and plow and I find the very best times to get hired are the wee hours of the morning (Pacific time) - like between 3-5am. I haven't had a single problem getting hired. I've reached level 80 and have my third farm and a ton of money and it took a whole lot of jobs to get it all.

If someone is obviously working in a given area, I dont' go near them.. let them finish what they started. But, I too have noticed that as of late, people tend to leave 5-8 unplowed plots or a group unharvested crops or trees. I end up doing them myself. They don't check before they leave to make sure it's done.

One farm I plowed, I no more than got there when he wanted to put me in his buddy list. He said if I should get booted out, I could get back to him via the buddy list and be rehired. I thought that was a rather nice idea.

I would really like to see the levels of people before I hire. I'd like to give some of the newer ones the same opportunities that some people gave me but it seems that everyone I hire is 76-80. I don't care if they're fast or slow as long as they are not rude. One lady told me to get the he-double L out of there and that she was going to do the whole job by herself. Well... it sort of hit me the wrong way and I reminded her that I too was hired and that I intended to stay. Will have to say, she later apologized and said she was having a bad hair day.

I've some people plow faster than I can blink my eyes. How do they do that? Is there a special gaming joy stick or mouse? I can't imagine any mouse holding up very long under someone clicking that fast.

Bottom line, it's a fun game but harder than heck to get neighbors so you can get gifts and such.

Re the few plots appearing to be left unplowed or unharvested ..... I farm with neighbours and friends and we find that what appears to be left behind on one farm will be perfectly done on the other. It is usually not that they don't check before leaving, but that it appears to be completely finished on their screen. Usually if I refresh the screen those errant fields are cleared with the reload of the game.

JAS0643
Apr 27 2010, 06:33 PM
Re the few plots appearing to be left unplowed or unharvested ..... I farm with neighbours and friends and we find that what appears to be left behind on one farm will be perfectly done on the other. It is usually not that they don't check before leaving, but that it appears to be completely finished on their screen. Usually if I refresh the screen those errant fields are cleared with the reload of the game.

I think what is happening here is the few seconds it takes to load the farm when you enter it the other person has clicked on a few fields but the game doesn't see it on your end. If you reload all will be fine though, I just wait till they are through doing what ever then reload and see if they missed any and like you most of the time they didn't.

HelenJS22
Apr 27 2010, 06:40 PM
Thank you again!!! I guess I'll just have to learn to click faster!! I do have a wireless mouse for my laptop - maybe I need to feed it a better brand of cheese!

I appreciate the answers to some of my dumb questions! :) As a rule, there are others who have the same questions but are too shy to ask. Shyness has never been a habit of mine.

LOL - Love it - make some special super mouse cheese in your dairy facility.

Duck Duck Goose
Apr 27 2010, 06:49 PM
It really ticks me when people are rude when harvesting or plowing and one person keeps jumping in front of others to grab what they can. When I am working on someone's farm and a rude person does that to me, I make sure they know I felt it was rude, I also note their name, and I make darn sure I never hire that person.

A lot of people plant their farm in little squares. If someone is working in that square, the other workers should just back off and let that person finish the square. Everyone isn't a speed demon and it's unfair for those that are to jump in that square and grab the half a dozen squares that are left.

There.. now I've got that off my chest, I think I'll go find a plowing job!!

I agree that ppl should take a part of the farm and leave enough for some one else, but that would only be a fantasy.
When you hire more than 1 person to work on the same farm, you are in essence encouraging them to race.
No one makes much money if they arent by themselves, and we all know how crappy this game's server is. The more workers on the same farm - the better chance the server will time out on someone.
If your'e tin that big of a hurry to have the work done, then why play the game?
This is why I no longer bother with the market place to find jobs anymore.
No one knows how to hire 1 at a time, and its like 4 workers will make like 50 bucks instead of 1 worker actually getting some decent money for spending his time working...
Who has any kind of incentive to care one way or another if they act accordingly while working on your farm if you dont care if they make any money or not?

Witch Hazel
May 02 2010, 11:29 PM
I hire one person at a time to harvest and they even get my other farms. even then they don't finish or if they think it's a low paying crop they leave before i have a chance to tell them I have another farm. I don't hire to plow since I am trying to level up and don't have the time to go to the market place to hire myself out, but since I only hire one person at a time I think it's a fari exchange. i see that with the facilities it doesn't matter if I hire someone to harvest or not, so my incentive now is to plant ingredient crops and free myself of the market place altogether. Sorry if this sounds harsh but I've been playing this game nearly a year and have gotten tired of the pettiness and rudeness in the market place.

MaryLouW
May 02 2010, 11:55 PM
I don't mind working with one other person and for the most part, I find they are pretty decent people. But every now and then, you DO run across those jerks that want to show off.

This happened a few nights ago, there were two of us harvesting with the option to plow. There were lots of different kinds of crops, all planted in nice straight little rows. So, I started going systematically down the row of one of the least profitable crops and leaving the better stuff for the other person.

Well, that other person must have been on something because he/she was bouncing all over the placed harvesting whatever was in the way. There were little empty squares all over the place. That was okay until they got in my row and I let that person know I thought he/she was very rude. I think I got my point across because he/she apologized very nicely and said to leave all the plowing for me.. then left. I sometimes wonder if they don't know that's rude?

As a rule, I too hire one person at a time, however, this morning I had a huge amount of harvesting and the person I hired was incredible slow. Methodical, but slow. It would have taken half an hour to finish harvesting and plowing so I did bring in a second person. I could not get the first person t hide trees either and there were lots of crops hidden.

On that screen that comes up when you go to the market place - you can just close it and not have to pick an option from the menu. I would like to see that changed so those who are hiring would have to click that option and they would not show up in the market place. I go through half a dozen people who aren't there to be hired, but there to hire. Not having them in there would save a lot of frustration.:p

JAS0643
May 03 2010, 12:18 AM
I don't hire to plow since I am trying to level up and don't have the time to go to the market place to hire myself out, but since I only hire one person at a time I think it's a fari exchange.

If you hire people to plow your farm you still get the xps as if you plowed it yourself. Both the employee and the employer gets 1 xp per field plowed. It also saves you 5 or 10 coins depending on if you have someone from the MP plow or hire a neighbor to plow.

beermasterg
May 03 2010, 12:25 AM
How or when do you start getting fish in your lakes and/or river?

HelenJS22
May 03 2010, 12:33 AM
I don't mind working with one other person and for the most part, I find they are pretty decent people. But every now and then, you DO run across those jerks that want to show off.

This happened a few nights ago, there were two of us harvesting with the option to plow. There were lots of different kinds of crops, all planted in nice straight little rows. So, I started going systematically down the row of one of the least profitable crops and leaving the better stuff for the other person.

Well, that other person must have been on something because he/she was bouncing all over the placed harvesting whatever was in the way. There were little empty squares all over the place. That was okay until they got in my row and I let that person know I thought he/she was very rude. I think I got my point across because he/she apologized very nicely and said to leave all the plowing for me.. then left. I sometimes wonder if they don't know that's rude?

As a rule, I too hire one person at a time, however, this morning I had a huge amount of harvesting and the person I hired was incredible slow. Methodical, but slow. It would have taken half an hour to finish harvesting and plowing so I did bring in a second person. I could not get the first person t hide trees either and there were lots of crops hidden.

On that screen that comes up when you go to the market place - you can just close it and not have to pick an option from the menu. I would like to see that changed so those who are hiring would have to click that option and they would not show up in the market place. I go through half a dozen people who aren't there to be hired, but there to hire. Not having them in there would save a lot of frustration.:p

I have two particular neighbours - both from the same country - who have told me that their 'scattergun' approach to harvesting and plowing is a deliberate ploy which makes many fellow workers leave the farm and thereby leaving the whole farm for them to work on by themselves. When I mentioned to them that I felt it was very rude, they explained that to them it is a legitimate 'game tactic'. Needless to say they don't do it to me anymore, but I know that they both still do it.

amberdh
May 03 2010, 02:16 AM
How or when do you start getting fish in your lakes and/or river?

Hi there. They are already there. Just start clickin away :)

daisy too
May 07 2010, 12:42 AM
I hired two workers the other day to harvest, and then plow. When the crops were done, one guy asked if he could plow. I said that I needed the trees done first. (I don't have a lot of trees) He responded that he didn't do trees, he just wanted to plow.
I didn't reply to that, and when the other farmer was done harvesting the trees, I hired HER to plow.
Well the first guy was offended at that. ( I was surprised that he stuck around) He said I was being rude, and that since he asked first to plow, he should have been given the job! I was just dumbfounded. I know there aren't actual rules governing this. But since he refused to do the trees, I felt I didn't HAVE to hire him to plow.

Wilde Lily
May 07 2010, 11:19 AM
I hire one person at a time to harvest and they even get my other farms. even then they don't finish or if they think it's a low paying crop they leave before i have a chance to tell them I have another farm. I don't hire to plow since I am trying to level up and don't have the time to go to the market place to hire myself out, but since I only hire one person at a time I think it's a fari exchange. i see that with the facilities it doesn't matter if I hire someone to harvest or not, so my incentive now is to plant ingredient crops and free myself of the market place altogether. Sorry if this sounds harsh but I've been playing this game nearly a year and have gotten tired of the pettiness and rudeness in the market place.

If you hire people to plow your farm you still get the xps as if you plowed it yourself. Both the employee and the employer gets 1 xp per field plowed. It also saves you 5 or 10 coins depending on if you have someone from the MP plow or hire a neighbor to plow.

I have been playing for a year now, am Level 80, and I've finally had it with the market place. I have more coin than I need and can afford to plow my own fields, and with the facilities I don't gain from having someone else harvest for me; nevertheless I've been continuing to hire from the mp to help other farmers earn coin and level up. No more.

Rude manners are bad enough, but the number of people I hire who leave before they are finished or before they even begin is increasing. It's also getting harder to hire anyone....they have all sorts of stipulations as to type of crop, solo or not, etc. etc.. it takes forever sometimes to get anyone to work! I had several negative experiences today that I won't bore you with, but it convinced me to call it quits. From now on I do my own harvesting and plowing.

medixgrad
May 07 2010, 01:43 PM
I hired two workers the other day to harvest, and then plow. When the crops were done, one guy asked if he could plow. I said that I needed the trees done first. (I don't have a lot of trees) He responded that he didn't do trees, he just wanted to plow.
I didn't reply to that, and when the other farmer was done harvesting the trees, I hired HER to plow.
Well the first guy was offended at that. ( I was surprised that he stuck around) He said I was being rude, and that since he asked first to plow, he should have been given the job! I was just dumbfounded. I know there aren't actual rules governing this. But since he refused to do the trees, I felt I didn't HAVE to hire him to plow.

That guy sounds like an idiot. I would have done the same as you did. Hired the other person to plow and paid no attention to him. I am running into more and more people who think that since we hired them to harvest that they are entitled to plow too.

daisy too
May 07 2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

In the marketplace today, there was a farmer whose NAME was "I work alone"

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 08 2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

In the marketplace today, there was a farmer whose NAME was "I work alone"

i bet that person get's hired for group job's allot just because of the name lol

♫Tiki♫
May 09 2010, 03:48 AM
I have been playing for a year now, am Level 80, and I've finally had it with the market place. I have more coin than I need and can afford to plow my own fields, and with the facilities I don't gain from having someone else harvest for me; nevertheless I've been continuing to hire from the mp to help other farmers earn coin and level up. No more.

Rude manners are bad enough, but the number of people I hire who leave before they are finished or before they even begin is increasing. It's also getting harder to hire anyone....they have all sorts of stipulations as to type of crop, solo or not, etc. etc.. it takes forever sometimes to get anyone to work! I had several negative experiences today that I won't bore you with, but it convinced me to call it quits. From now on I do my own harvesting and plowing.

Im with you on this!
I usualy hire my friends if they're online and they hire me. If not Im hiring from market place, lately Im blocking people who didnt do good job so I dont hire them by mistake anymore :)

Wilde Lily
May 09 2010, 04:12 AM
Im with you on this!
I usualy hire my friends if they're online and they hire me.anymore :)

If my neighbors are around and could use the xp or coin I;ll happily hire them. And I trust the farmers on my buddy list, but they're not always on-line when I am...that's when I'd use the MP. I must say it's been nice not to have to deal with the MP every day. :)

snow_angel
May 11 2010, 12:40 PM

I think this might have been me. Whenever I am hired to harvest I always check to make sure all the harvesting is done. Then I check to see if I can harvest the trees. Today I was hired to plow. When I got there there were three people harvesting. I guess they were all upset they weren't asked to plow also because they all left with only half the job done. I asked if he'd like me to finish the harvesting but the owner wasn't there.

MaryLouW
May 11 2010, 06:12 PM
I have gotten to a point where I don't want to hire people from the market place anymore. As soon as they arrive and see you have a low paying crop like peanuts or sugarcane, they harvest half a dozen plots, then disappear. Yesterday, I had that happen twice with the same plot! These people end up on my "do not hire" list, which I DO check before I hire anyone. I finally found one person who was pretty slow, but DID do the job.

It has been my experience that those who refuse to do the lower paying harvesting are those at the higher levels. This is why I would like to know the level of a person before I hire them. Those who are just starting or are down there in the under 60 category are willing to take any job. Those who are already at level 80 only want to plow or do pineapples.

I tried to hire 4 different people today to harvest - they each saw I had grape tomatoes, lettuce, and squash, and immediately left. I only hire one person per job and always give them the option to plow, but if they are too good to harvest the lesser crops, then I don't want to hire them just to plow either. I ended up doing it myself.

I am at level 80, have 3 farms, and all the facilities, and a huge sum of cash and I've been playing almost 3 months. I got this by taking any and all jobs that came up. Even now, I spend my evenings harvesting low value crops because it seems no one else wants to be bothered with them.

I don't know what to do to solve the problem but - I do think knowing a person's level would be most helpful. I would be hiring those who NEED the work and won't walk off in the middle of a job.

Okay.. I'm getting off my soap box.. going to harvest some goodies!! :)

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 11 2010, 06:39 PM
I have gotten to a point where I don't want to hire people from the market place anymore. As soon as they arrive and see you have a low paying crop like peanuts or sugarcane, they harvest half a dozen plots, then disappear. Yesterday, I had that happen twice with the same plot! These people end up on my "do not hire" list, which I DO check before I hire anyone. I finally found one person who was pretty slow, but DID do the job.

It has been my experience that those who refuse to do the lower paying harvesting are those at the higher levels. This is why I would like to know the level of a person before I hire them. Those who are just starting or are down there in the under 60 category are willing to take any job. Those who are already at level 80 only want to plow or do pineapples.

I tried to hire 4 different people today to harvest - they each saw I had grape tomatoes, lettuce, and squash, and immediately left. I only hire one person per job and always give them the option to plow, but if they are too good to harvest the lesser crops, then I don't want to hire them just to plow either. I ended up doing it myself.

I am at level 80, have 3 farms, and all the facilities, and a huge sum of cash and I've been playing almost 3 months. I got this by taking any and all jobs that came up. Even now, I spend my evenings harvesting low value crops because it seems no one else wants to be bothered with them.

I don't know what to do to solve the problem but - I do think knowing a person's level would be most helpful. I would be hiring those who NEED the work and won't walk off in the middle of a job.

Okay.. I'm getting off my soap box.. going to harvest some goodies!! :)

i found a few things i want to point out here.. if someone dissapears during harvest it may not be because they just left may be server issues and they got kicked off i have been having problems allday on the server luckily i didnt do any jobs today because of it..

as for the levels i find the opposite then you suggested i find the lower players are picky and the higher ones are willing to do lower crops.

as for the do not hire list its easier to just block them then remember their name because user names are not unique in the game there can be hundreds with the same name.. today when hiring in the market there where 3 others with the name jeanie as well as me

MaryLouW
May 11 2010, 06:52 PM
True, there are times when it's a system problem but you can usually spot that because the avatar will just stand there and not move.. then it disappears. However, yesterday, as soon as I realized the person was gone, I went straight to the MP again and both people were there. When I asked for harvesters, they headed to the top part of the screen out of view - both of them. Not ALL people are this way though.

It's hard to put them on your blocked list unless they happen to be back in the forum again and as a rule, the same people aren't there each time you visit. I will just continue to do my own harvesting and plowing - at least the job gets done!

snow_angel
May 11 2010, 09:31 PM
I'm at level 41 when I'm hired to harvest I don't care what type of crops they have. I look at it this way "those coins add up". If I leave before the harvesting is done it's not because the crops were too low paying. It's usually because either my browser crashed or I lost my connection.

HelenJS22
May 12 2010, 05:10 AM
I have also found that in my experience it is the newbies and many lower level farmers who refuse to accept hire to a lowly crop. I find often that the farmers at level 80 are more than willing to take on any job offered.

I guess the newer farmers have no idea of the challenges we had when the game first began and feel entitled to race up to level 80 on highly paid crops. Some of the farmers in the market place are very demanding, and if I click on them to see what level they are on, the most obnoxious still have a very long way up to the top.

Charo
May 12 2010, 10:15 AM
The problem with those is that they were blessed to work solo or maybe with one other on someone's very rich farm, and they got spoiled. Yeah, it's nice to get those jobs when you're young in the game because it provides a really nice boost, but no one is entitled to that.

Even so, the way to level QUICKLY is to churn those short crops. If everyone planted these lucrative 3 and 4 day crops, there would be very little work at the market! The folks who power to the top fastest are the smart ones who figured out that they got more xp by churning short crops! Plus, they also realized that hour for hour, raspberries are by far the most profitable crop!

But asking people to "get" this is futile, most don't even know the forum exists.

HelenJS22
May 15 2010, 11:02 PM
The problem with those is that they were blessed to work solo or maybe with one other on someone's very rich farm, and they got spoiled. Yeah, it's nice to get those jobs when you're young in the game because it provides a really nice boost, but no one is entitled to that.

Even so, the way to level QUICKLY is to churn those short crops. If everyone planted these lucrative 3 and 4 day crops, there would be very little work at the market! The folks who power to the top fastest are the smart ones who figured out that they got more xp by churning short crops! Plus, they also realized that hour for hour, raspberries are by far the most profitable crop!

But asking people to "get" this is futile, most don't even know the forum exists.

Soooooo so right there. It is amazing how many people I ask who say 'Forum, forum, what forum?' ..... or worse still 'what's a forum?'.

I would suggest that it's presence could be advertised as a farm town pop-up for a while ..... but on second thought ..... noooooooooooooooo!!!

A 'stupid question department' would definitely have to be set up, with a feature that makes the question disappear every time it is put up :p.

Such a pity though, because there are no many farmers out there who simply haven't got a clue, and it's a pain for those who do bother to work it out, or visit the forum, read the threads and learn.

medixgrad
May 15 2010, 11:09 PM

Some of us have real lives, jobs, kids etc.. we don't have time to come to FT every two hours to harvest and plant raspberries.

Charo
May 16 2010, 12:38 AM
Some of us have real lives, jobs, kids etc.. we don't have time to come to FT every two hours to harvest and plant raspberries.

I am not expecting that everyone do raspberries. But all the folks feeling pissy about doing raspberries should be grateful that there is any work at all!

Now that most of the crops are ingredients for finished products, I have far less incentive to bother myself by going to the market. I have already put tractors on all three of my farms so that if I don't want to deal with the market, I can just get it done myself. Just this evening I decided to go to market instead of doing my farm myself, and I STILL had to clean up after workers did a sloppy job on my trees, and those who don't hide trees for plowing, and don't listen when I say that they need to hide trees and buildings to get all the plots.

brionie
May 16 2010, 12:50 AM
Oh my goodness....

I was in the MP tonight and there were a few people looking for work, one of whom had "I work alone" as a user name. So I can kind of respect that. It just lets me know who not to hire. I didn't iggie the dude.... I mean, he wasn't begging or anything, which was cool.

So I asked if anyone wanted to do tomatoes and I'd hire them to plow afterwards. I asked again a few minutes later. I get hired, I go harvest some sugar cane. I go back and think I'm in a different room. I make the same offer and no-one volunteers except him (so I think I was maybe in the same room, because it'd be too weird if we both ended up in the same random room twice) , I don't hire anyone. I go back to my farm and start harvesting. Mr "I work alone" follows me in and says "so you didn't get anyone. You're too picky. Hire me." I ignored him so he goes "HIRE ME."

I finally said "I saw you the first time. First off, I don't hire jerks and I don't take kindly to random strangers telling me what to do. It's my farm, we do it my way."

He says "FINE B*****. I'm blocking you."

Oh Yes, do exactly what I want you to do, that'll show me! :D

wallydog
May 16 2010, 03:10 AM
for me if things seem to be slowing and not working if i am cropping i try and leave a message for the boss so they know i had a problem , i am happy to work any job wether alone or with a gang money is money and points is points its only a game to many people stress to much x

Miamine
May 17 2010, 12:14 PM
I've had it with the market. I've been here a long time, almost since the game began. I fought with others to get work durring the bad times. Times when 2 trees or a couple of strawberry plants was gratefully recieved.

Now I love the extra farms, and I love the new facilities. What I do not love anymore is the workers in the market place. This one won't do strawberries, this one only looks at pineapples, this one will only plow and can only work alone. I ask for a worker, and it seems most farmers are too rich and high level to answer back. The market place has turned into the gathering place, people just stand arround and refuse any offers of work.

And when they do take the work on offer, they come to your farm, harvest one small plot, leave the trees, and then they go off. Yes they say thank you, but they don't do the work, I'm left with half the crops to do and tons of trees to harvest. Not to speak of my other 2 farms which I didn't get the chance to show them.

I'VE FINISHED HIRING FROM THE MARKET.. It's much too stressfull, from now on I'll harvest all the crops and trees on my farm and do the plowing myself.

I am of course available for work, which seems to come easily because I don't need pumpkins, can harvest or plow, will work alone or with others, as long as the farmer hasn't hired 8 to harvest and another 8 to plow. :mad:

njgranny
May 17 2010, 01:09 PM
when a farmer hires so many people to harvest and plow. They look like ants running all over the fields trying to find the corps. :-)

I've been lucky so far, though, that I've encountered good workers and good farmers to work for.

DreamRaven
May 17 2010, 01:33 PM
I love to work...I harvest plow or do trees. The only time i turn down work is when i'm there to sell and i try to hide behind the tent to do that!! I know what you mean though, I hate going to the market to hire. I try to hire from my neighbors, and I also have a short list of buddies i can go to. But the are those days when i have to go to market to hire and it usually works out bad.

♫Tiki♫
May 17 2010, 01:55 PM
cuz of people like that it would be great , I mean Grrreat to have FIRE button :D
I love to harvest, no mater which crops, trees too, I get iritated by peeps who only want pineapples and such , usualy i dont do plowing as I dont need exp but i do it for my friends if my arm is not too tired ,lol

magsmain
May 17 2010, 02:02 PM
I've had it with the market. I've been here a long time, almost since the game began. I fought with others to get work durring the bad times. Times when 2 trees or a couple of strawberry plants was gratefully recieved.

Now I love the extra farms, and I love the new facilities. What I do not love anymore is the workers in the market place. This one won't do strawberries, this one only looks at pineapples, this one will only plow and can only work alone. I ask for a worker, and it seems most farmers are too rich and high level to answer back. The market place has turned into the gathering place, people just stand arround and refuse any offers of work.

And when they do take the work on offer, they come to your farm, harvest one small plot, leave the trees, and then they go off. Yes they say thank you, but they don't do the work, I'm left with half the crops to do and tons of trees to harvest. Not to speak of my other 2 farms which I didn't get the chance to show them.

I'VE FINISHED HIRING FROM THE MARKET.. It's much too stressfull, from now on I'll harvest all the crops and trees on my farm and do the plowing myself.

I am of course available for work, which seems to come easily because I don't need pumpkins, can harvest or plow, will work alone or with others, as long as the farmer hasn't hired 8 to harvest and another 8 to plow. :mad:

here here i fully agree. it's worse than waiting in the dentist's i have given up hiring unless i have high value goods people do not want to know, and yes the time when one small plot was enough and when we got pineapples we nearly jumped up and down with glee.

Gridley
May 17 2010, 02:04 PM
I think there are two types of problems:

1. The accidental hiring problems
Suppose I go there and try to hire one or two people for a nice job. Honestly, I don't converse too much because most of the time I get ignored. So I send two requests... nothing. Two more, nothing. Two more, they accept. Meanwhile, persons 1-4 that I requested might have been busy selling crops, busy getting their child a snack or helping them in the bathroom, hiding their screen from their boss for a few minutes... who knows. Then they come back and accept the hire, and all of a sudden there are 6 people harvesting. I never intended to hire so many, I like to give good jobs to people when I can. I have been on the hiring side of this accidental issue, and I imagine there have been times I have been on the hired side of it as well. I am frequently off and on the computer with two homeschoolers here at home.

2. The purposeful hiring problems.
As described by the original poster, some people are just jerks about being hired. :o Sorry, I am usually jerky back. If I see:
"HIRRRRREEEE MMMEEE PLXXZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ pineaples !!!"
I hire them... to find my one hidden peach tree.

If I see "Will do a solo job ONLY. Need work. Harvest AND plow ONLY!!!" Then I hire them... and 6 others.

If I can't finish a job for some reason, I let the person know.

Farmer McDonald
May 17 2010, 02:20 PM
The real problem is that there are so many people who are there selling their crops and not there to get work. It takes a long time to sell now that we have to page thru so many items to get to the ones to sell. When I am done selling my harvests and products, I usually find a hire request and who knows how long it has been there.
What I have found to work best is to make sure to say that you want someone to harvest and then plow, or someone to just harvest or just plow. I usually find people that way with no trouble. Yes, I do have the few who do not stay. I just had one come and leave right away. However, I find they are few and the nice are much higher in numbers. Try making sure you are trying to hire those who want to work and not all of the ones who are there just to sell.

Sue Bee Doo
May 17 2010, 02:57 PM
I agree it takes forever to sell products and I am constantly being asked to be hired. I try to hide up in the top corner. I think a place separate from the hiring area is needed for selling products.

I also think that it shouldn't matter if one harvests pineapples or peanuts, the hired harvester should get the same amount. This would eliminate the fighting to harvest pineapples in the marketplace. This way they are paid for the work they do, not the type crop.

Gridley
May 17 2010, 03:18 PM
Barely anyone uses The Inn. They should make it the Temp Agency.

Alanlee
May 17 2010, 05:35 PM
If you go off line before you go to the market no one can see you and then you can sell your products in peace. Just click the green plug and make it red, go to market, sell stuff and then click it back to green if you want to hire or be hired.

HLeeV
May 17 2010, 05:58 PM
If you go off line before you go to the market no one can see you and then you can sell your products in peace. Just click the green plug and make it red, go to market, sell stuff and then click it back to green if you want to hire or be hired.

I do that all the time on my FB farm. I can't be in the MP two seconds without getting a hire request (not complaining--just bad timing. lol). So, I go offline, go to the MP, sell what I want to sell, then go online if I'm looking for workers or looking for a job.

I know some people don't trust going off line as they are afraid things won't add up but so far, for months now, I have not had a problem with it.

Now with my MS farm, it doesn't seem to matter if I go off line or not. I haven't been hired to work a farm in a couple weeks there.

Jailnurse
May 17 2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks for that, Alanlee! I didn't know that. Also, I noticed that when I get up in the early AM Calif time, most people are trying to hire, then later on in the morning the trend shifts to workers. Probably depends on whatever server you're on. I'd have to say my experience in hiring at the Marketplace (95% of the time I do hire from here) has been hugely rewarding. I have met some very nice people from all over the world who have the same interests as I do and we have really nice chats. I ignore the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's and if I'm hired and there's 10 other people, I just leave. I'm sure they never even notice!

Alanlee
May 17 2010, 07:54 PM
I've been playing since last July and have never lost a coin when selling while off line. I also go off line when I am working on my own farm, planting or moving stuff around and now fishing, if I don't want any company.

PRT
May 17 2010, 09:51 PM
I'm in the Eastern US and I find morning is when the market is full of people trying to hire. I go to market only when neighbors and buddies are not online.

What really ticks me off is when I tell someone you must hide things to get all the crops/fields and they either ignore you or don't do it. I'm tired of explaining this again and again. I am happy to tell someone how to hide if they don't know, but at least acknowledge my response. I wonder if they speak English?

Rant over :)

Charo
May 17 2010, 10:24 PM

I feel you, Miamine! It's such a shame.

Wilde Lily
May 17 2010, 10:49 PM
I'm never going back to the MP either. There's ongoing discussion about this in the thread All Discussion of Hiring and Hiring Practices -
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298638&page=28

Check it out. :)

LoreneC
May 17 2010, 10:52 PM

What she said. I do all my selling offline now. I wish more people did this.

Jailnurse
May 18 2010, 12:04 AM
I'm in the Eastern US and I find morning is when the market is full of people trying to hire. I go to market only when neighbors and buddies are not online.

What really ticks me off is when I tell someone you must hide things to get all the crops/fields and they either ignore you or don't do it. I'm tired of explaining this again and again. I am happy to tell someone how to hide if they don't know, but at least acknowledge my response. I wonder if they speak English?

Rant over :)

Now that just makes my point! the east coast is not awake when I am! You guys should get up at 3 am! AND a lot of people use the large screen when they are harvesting so don't see your messages. They are not ignoring you, they don't see you! (probably most of the time). And the English comment, well, this is an international game.......learn spanish?

SueW170
May 18 2010, 02:00 AM
You make a good point. When I go to the Market (other than just to sell crops and products), I always make it a point to say I'll be glad to harvest, plow, both and/or do trees. And then carry through if someone hires me. True, this is a game, but ordinary politeness and responsibility still apply. So far, I've not had any problems with people that I've hired for my farms, but it does take longer to find someone who will accept a hiring request, often even if they've posted that they want to work.

SueW170
May 18 2010, 02:02 AM
What she said. I do all my selling offline now. I wish more people did this.
Thanks for that reminder.

corogirl
May 18 2010, 04:57 AM
I think there are two types of problems:

1. The accidental hiring problems
Suppose I go there and try to hire one or two people for a nice job. Honestly, I don't converse too much because most of the time I get ignored. So I send two requests... nothing. Two more, nothing. Two more, they accept. Meanwhile, persons 1-4 that I requested might have been busy selling crops, busy getting their child a snack or helping them in the bathroom, hiding their screen from their boss for a few minutes... who knows. Then they come back and accept the hire, and all of a sudden there are 6 people harvesting. I never intended to hire so many, I like to give good jobs to people when I can. I have been on the hiring side of this accidental issue, and I imagine there have been times I have been on the hired side of it as well. I am frequently off and on the computer with two homeschoolers here at home.

2. The purposeful hiring problems.
As described by the original poster, some people are just jerks about being hired. :o Sorry, I am usually jerky back. If I see:
"HIRRRRREEEE MMMEEE PLXXZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ pineaples !!!"
I hire them... to find my one hidden peach tree.

If I see "Will do a solo job ONLY. Need work. Harvest AND plow ONLY!!!" Then I hire them... and 6 others.

If I can't finish a job for some reason, I let the person know.

My thoughts exactly!! I think there should be two markets.. 1 for people looking for work and one for farmers selling stuff. The ones who don't respond are there selling facility stuff that builds up very quickly in your storage. Then when they have sold everything they accept the offer to harvest or plough. I have done it myself occasionally. I offer work to up to 10 sometimes with no response then I get back to my farm and find half a dozen working there??? I wouldn't like it either and I am soooooo anti multi hiring but now I am finding I am a multi hirer myself and I do NOT like it.

LoreneC
May 18 2010, 05:15 AM
I think there should be two markets

There are two markets. The online market and the offline market. Just go offline and it will be you and Tom and no one else!;)

corogirl
May 18 2010, 05:24 AM
To each his/her own, Elk. More power to you. But you DO realize that you can't exactly commandeer a marketplace for your hiring test don't you? Seeing that people pop in all the time, regardless of your announcement to put you on ignore.

Personally, I prefer not to jump through hoops to get a harvest/plow job. After all, this IS just a game. Being asked to play another one within it is redundant.

If you're ever curious as to how much trivia I've retained from my school days, feel free to PM me with a pop quiz. But if we encounter each other at the MP I'll probably not bother putting you on ignore, just pop out to another MP while you quiz whoever has the patience to put up with it (bless their hearts).

I am in total agreement here lol. When I started playing last June I encountered the employers who said ' First to get to me will get hired' Ha Ha who are these people? Soooo arrogant. I can understand why, in real life, we need employment laws. I have been quizzed about my age?? My response was , 'Whats that got to do with harvesting?' 'How old do you want me to be?' and 'old enough to be your grandmother probably'. I have never had sexist questions asked by a female avatar, but the men OH DEAR ME!!! The only harvesting job I walked away from ( I harvested NIL) was an Avatar named ' I am well Hung' What is it with these guys?? This sort of thing is happening more and more and just go to the market and look at some of the avatar names, the mind boggles!!

Charo
May 18 2010, 10:58 AM
I do all my selling offline too, to spare my eyes the onslaught of plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and plowwwwwwwwwwwwww

Miamine
May 18 2010, 03:43 PM
Sorry, think I posted this in the wrong spot... but this was more about the economy of Farm Town than hiring practices.

At the moment we have facilities that sometimes need one day, four hour or even 2 hour crops. Only a couple of items need pineapples (juice, canned and for pizza) We need to plant wheat (2 days), and tons of tomatoes (2 days) and a 12 hour sugar cane crop. We also need our trees done, we need apples and cherries for the pies, and strawberries (1 day) for tons of things.

However, the workers don't want to do these crops. They don't want to do trees, and if I ask them, they make up some excuse and leave my farm half finished. They don't want strawberries, grapes or sugarcane, they definately don't want rasberries even though my facilities dose. All they want is to harvest pineapple and plow. That's no good to me, I need someone to do all the work. I offer only one person work for all 3 farms. Even then, they get to the first one, see the sugar cane and then they run off.

A lot of people are planting fields full of pineapples, and I can't compete with them, even though they will hire 10, and I will only hire one. I need crops for my facilities, and that means a mixed crop.

Slashkey need to reward workers for doing trees. At the moment it's not worth doing, so the farmer has to do it themselves. They need to offer experience points for harvesting trees. People with big orchards have a nightmare trying to find sensible help.

I'm hopping that once everyone has their 3 farms and enough money this obsession with pineapples will settle down. Or more and more farmers like me who need crops for facilities will desert the market place, and then the hiring of workers will end.

Slashkey, please look at the economy of the game now we have tons of new players and these new facilities.

Miamine
May 18 2010, 03:47 PM
My thoughts exactly!! I think there should be two markets.. 1 for people looking for work and one for farmers selling stuff. The ones who don't respond are there selling facility stuff that builds up very quickly in your storage. Then when they have sold everything they accept the offer to harvest or plough. I have done it myself occasionally. I offer work to up to 10 sometimes with no response then I get back to my farm and find half a dozen working there??? I wouldn't like it either and I am soooooo anti multi hiring but now I am finding I am a multi hirer myself and I do NOT like it.

Yep... to make sure people don't run away, and because most people in the market place seem to ignore your request, I've found myself multi-hiring as well... I don't like to do it, and I don't like it done to me, but that's the way the upgrades have coded the game.

We need this changed, it's making the game more stressfull than ever. :mad:

msdymond
May 18 2010, 10:26 PM
Sorry, think I posted this in the wrong spot... but this was more about the economy of Farm Town than hiring practices.

At the moment we have facilities that sometimes need one day, four hour or even 2 hour crops. Only a couple of items need pineapples (juice, canned and for pizza) We need to plant wheat (2 days), and tons of tomatoes (2 days) and a 12 hour sugar cane crop. We also need our trees done, we need apples and cherries for the pies, and strawberries (1 day) for tons of things.

However, the workers don't want to do these crops. They don't want to do trees, and if I ask them, they make up some excuse and leave my farm half finished. They don't want strawberries, grapes or sugarcane, they definately don't want rasberries even though my facilities dose. All they want is to harvest pineapple and plow. That's no good to me, I need someone to do all the work. I offer only one person work for all 3 farms. Even then, they get to the first one, see the sugar cane and then they run off.

A lot of people are planting fields full of pineapples, and I can't compete with them, even though they will hire 10, and I will only hire one. I need crops for my facilities, and that means a mixed crop.

Slashkey need to reward workers for doing trees. At the moment it's not worth doing, so the farmer has to do it themselves. They need to offer experience points for harvesting trees. People with big orchards have a nightmare trying to find sensible help.

I'm hopping that once everyone has their 3 farms and enough money this obsession with pineapples will settle down. Or more and more farmers like me who need crops for facilities will desert the market place, and then the hiring of workers will end.

Slashkey, please look at the economy of the game now we have tons of new players and these new facilities.

I look for people that are eager to plow and tell them that they can plow what they harvest. And that there will be trees to be done before the plow invite. It usually works. I am up front. They don't get invited to plow till ALL of the harvesting is done.

jocean
May 19 2010, 05:25 AM
When I hire someone to harvest on my second farm, they arrive and do the harvest, but I can't see them, so cant re-hire to plow. Anyone any ideas how I fix this cos it's starting to annoy me! Thanks, J

Zowanda
May 21 2010, 12:58 PM
Is it bad manners for me to ask for new farmers? I'm at level 76 and want to give them a hand in starting out.

I to like Miamine, have found people not wanting to harvest the sugar or trees. I don't even bother planting raspberries because no one wants to pick them.

NekkidFish
May 22 2010, 01:49 AM
As some know, I quit for about 6 months, but am not back at it ... and enjoying the heck out of all the new stuff. :D

However, I noticed over the last few weeks as I racked up the coinage with all the new facilities, there was no incentive what so ever for me to go work in the market place. Why? I already have lots of money.

Now I find I can't find any one to work for me, and I know why. Just like me, they have enough coins and don't need the work.

Is anything being tossed around to make working in the market place a necessity? Just curious.

HUGz! Jules

prettyponies
May 22 2010, 05:30 PM

However, the workers don't want to do these crops. They don't want to do trees, and if I ask them, they make up some excuse and leave my farm half finished. They don't want strawberries, grapes or sugarcane, they definately don't want rasberries even though my facilities dose. All they want is to harvest pineapple and plow. That's no good to me, I need someone to do all the work. I offer only one person work for all 3 farms. Even then, they get to the first one, see the sugar cane and then they run off. A lot of people are planting fields full of pineapples, and I can't compete with them, even though they will hire 10, and I will only hire one. I need crops for my facilities, and that means a mixed crop.
That's because they have already weighed their ROI (return on investment) for each click, and found the low cost crops not worth the time or effort to do them. Each "click" for each person has a cost (their time, their effort) - so who wants to click on sugarcane or raspberries for a few pennies when the same click on a pineapple is worth in the $$$.

Seriously, if you are using those low cost crops in your facilities, harvest them yourself using your machines, and then hire to plow. There are lots of people out there looking for points.

Slashkey need to reward workers for doing trees. At the moment it's not worth doing, so the farmer has to do it themselves. They need to offer experience points for harvesting trees. People with big orchards have a nightmare trying to find sensible help. I'm hopping that once everyone has their 3 farms and enough money this obsession with pineapples will settle down. Or more and more farmers like me who need crops for facilities will desert the market place, and then the hiring of workers will end. Slashkey, please look at the economy of the game now we have tons of new players and these new facilities.

The facilities HAVE changed the game, and how many of us play it. Farmers with facilities now plant crops for their commercial and retail outlets, but those crops don't translate their harvest value into production. So, if you farm for a raw "production use" product, start farming smart - do it yourself. Don't waste time trying to hire people to harvest cheap crops - you spend more time trying to get people to do it than it would take you to do it yourself. Start hiring out just to plow instead - their effort shares the points with you, as well as freeing you up to being able to plant directly behind the plower.

MaryLouW
May 22 2010, 05:44 PM
I think you'll find that those who are refusing to do the lower price crops are those who are at or around level 80 and don't need the money. This is another reason I'd like to see the levels of people before hiring. Those who are pretty new aren't so fussy, they will harvest anything.

I certainly don't need money but I will still harvest low cost crops in the HOPE that I will also be able to plow. But... what usually happens is, you finish the harvesting and there is no offer to plow. So, it's a huge waste of my time to harvest a huge field of raspberries if I cannot plow that same field. Even so, I harvest the stuff anyway. This was my fate all day yesterday.

It would be good if, when you hired a person to harvest, if you also asked them if they will plow as soon as they arrive at your farm. This way, they won't be so apt to leave in the middle of the job.

I would also like to see a limit on how many people one can hire to harvest/plow. It's mostly the newer people, they hire 5 people to harvest a 100 square patch. I just leave.

And, last but not least, I would like to see people hone up their manners a bit. If you harvest/plow a lot faster than someone else who is also working, don't hog up everything in sight. Leave some for the other guy. That's only good manners on your part. Teach others by doing it yourself.

PRT
May 22 2010, 06:13 PM
I find it helpful to click on an avatar in the market, choose send message, and then you see their level. If it's low, they are hungry!! Well, not all the time :)
If I plant raspberries for yogurt, I do them myself. They're being turned into something to begin with. Nobody will get rich on 12 coins a plot.

Charo
May 22 2010, 11:27 PM
ROI... sheesh. It's just a game. If you're an addict, it doesn't really matter what kind of work you do. I'm L80 too, and if I wanted to work, it wouldn't matter how I got it. I'm grateful for any work, when I'm seeking it. If everyone was planting 3 day crops, there wouldn't be much work at all in the marketplace and the game would be more frustrating than it already can be.

snow_angel
May 23 2010, 12:17 AM
ROI... sheesh. It's just a game. If you're an addict, it doesn't really matter what kind of work you do. I'm L80 too, and if I wanted to work, it wouldn't matter how I got it. I'm grateful for any work, when I'm seeking it. If everyone was planting 3 day crops, there wouldn't be much work at all in the marketplace and the game would be more frustrating than it already can be.

I agree I'm on level 59 when I go to the market I'll say "harvest and/or plow no crops too small" I always get hired right away. I think because I'm willing to do even the small paying crops I get more jobs and that's when those coins start adding up.

prettyponies
May 23 2010, 08:18 AM
But the "addict" isn't the person that Mia was addressing. She is having an issue with the "get big money, get points" people in the market, and they don't have the time or inclination to wade through cheap crops. They seem to be the majority. Even the Newbies learn fast to leave for better work if they end up on a farm with penny crops.

Face it - there are not enough addicts to go around in the Market Place. :D

Kat_Kadiddlehopper
May 23 2010, 10:14 AM
So, the other day, a guy at the market place was venting about how frustrated he was about being hired with other people to plow. He was basically saying "If you aren't going to hire me to work solo, then don't hire me."

This rubs me the wrong way. As both the farmer and the worker. As a worker, I don't appreciate selfish people not being willing to share the work. Especially in recent times when it seems to me that there are fewer and fewer people interested in working.

As the farmer, this rubs me the wrong way, because I don't want selfish people working for me.

Now, having been in situations where farms can be overcrowded with workers, I would never consider griping about it because I am grateful for the work I am able to get, just as in real life.

I have enough common sense to realize when I hire people to work for me that if the job is small, I will hire less people. But, on the other hand, there are times when I am short on time and may need to hire multiple to get the job done in a short amount of time.

Bottom line for me, is that if you are hired to do a job, griping about the work, or how many workers there are, is a big no no. And I am less likely to hire someone to work for me who is griping.

Anyone else feel this way?

MaryLouW
May 23 2010, 12:32 PM
I think those who are the addicts tend to do it themselves rather than hanging out at the market place. I know I do when it's a cheap crop. With harvesters, it doesn't take long to do it.

I have never hired a person that says "solo only"... although when I do hire, it's almost always solo unless I happen to have a large area and the person I hired is extremely slow. After I hire someone, I check their progress. If they're going like a jet plane, I leave it at that. If they're working at a snail's pace, I check their level - it's usually under 30 - I try to find another worker with a low level as well but I never hire more than 2 people for any job. I used to hire one to harvest, one to plow but realize that's not the best policy, especially with a low cost crop. The plower gets the better value so now, if I hire 2, they both harvest and plow.

It gets to be a sticky wicket because there are so many different kinds of people playing this game.

I also will not hire anyone who yells out "Hire meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee. They get an Ignore real fast. Nor will I hire anyone that says plow and nothing else. You certainly wouldn't go looking for a real job and say "job". Even when I've hired someone to harvest, they finish.. they have one word to say.. "plow". I hire someone else with more manners.

SueW170
May 23 2010, 01:33 PM
I agree I'm on level 59 when I go to the market I'll say "harvest and/or plow no crops too small" I always get hired right away. I think because I'm willing to do even the small paying crops I get more jobs and that's when those coins start adding up.
Likewise. At Level 64 now and with 2 million+ CT Coins, I just sometimes enjoy harvesting and/or plowing or harvesting trees for fun and a bit of challenge.

Harvard Honey
May 23 2010, 04:59 PM
I've liked everyone I've ever hired.
People aren't "begging", they're just getting the word out.
It doesn't concern me what the employee wants to farm. It I put a bid out to work and they accept, we're good.
Vintictiveness in an employer doesn't solve anything.
Xps are a nice way to reward good harvesters. We can't move up without xps.
You get back what you give.
It's only a game.

Alanlee
May 23 2010, 06:22 PM
I agree that it is getting harder and harder to hire harvesters, even plowers. I've resorted to doing it myself. How sad.

LoreneC
May 23 2010, 07:48 PM
I still get workers at the marketplace.

If I just go in and start clicking people to hire, most decline.

There are people there who want work you just have to find them, which is why I always tell them I need a harvester and ask for volunteers.

I have also learned to do all my selling in offline mode or I will get 4-5 harvest requests.

And yes it has been discussed before. Many people say they have a hard time finding workers and other say they have no problem. It may also depend on what time you go.

Angels Shangri-La
May 23 2010, 08:05 PM
I agree that it is getting harder and harder to hire harvesters, even plowers. I've resorted to doing it myself. How sad.

I've given up on the marketplace and do it myself.

PRT
May 23 2010, 08:26 PM
I like to click on an avatar and choose send message. That way you see their level. Level 80s will almost always work for you and do anything. People close to 80 will too. The ones I love are those who say "I will do pineapples." Well, yeah :)

BrendaJames
May 23 2010, 11:34 PM
I'm sorry to bother you, but near the end of your post you say, if the harvester can't harvest the trees... If I was hired to harvest "everything that can be harvested" I should be able to get the trees, shouldn't I? I'm new enough to this that I'm not sure if I have a glitch, or the trees have been locked by the owner as non-harvestable. The tree says it's ready when I mouse over it, but when I swing the scythe, it says "not ready..." I have cleaned the cache already. Any suggestions?

Lene Bay
May 24 2010, 07:28 AM
It takes hours for me to plough or harvest (even in my own farm) so I think it's not a good idea to hire me. My computer often freezes while I'm working. And after midnight I'm in real trouble. Just to work a little in my farm takes sometimes 2 hours in the night. I don't know if it's farm town, face book or my broadband connection (the server with the phone company where I get my internet connection from). I sometimes have to refresh/reload the game several times to make it work. It is so annoying. In the daytime and evening it's almost ok. But in the night (around midnight it teases me so much). I get so angry at my computer.

JustHikk
May 25 2010, 06:08 AM
I have completely given up on the market. Its faster/easier for me to just use the tools and do it myself so I don't have to try to hire 20 people to finally find one that will work, then wait 30 minutes while they click one plot at the time. And then the same to plow. I can harvest/plow faster than I can even go find someone to harvest. And with my crops going to facilities, the coins aren't an issue other than the fuel I use. But I get enough fuel daily that it isnt an issue either.

It was talked about before and it would help TREMENDOUSLY if they would create 2 markets, 1 for selling, 1 for working. And then make it so you could only hire in the market for hiring.

corogirl
May 25 2010, 06:14 AM
I have completely given up on the market. Its faster/easier for me to just use the tools and do it myself so I don't have to try to hire 20 people to finally find one that will work, then wait 30 minutes while they click one plot at the time. And then the same to plow. I can harvest/plow faster than I can even go find someone to harvest. And with my crops going to facilities, the coins aren't an issue other than the fuel I use. But I get enough fuel daily that it isnt an issue either.

It was talked about before and it would help TREMENDOUSLY if they would create 2 markets, 1 for selling, 1 for working. And then make it so you could only hire in the market for hiring.
I have to agree. I am fed up with the market and only hire from there if I am absolutely desperate. I use neighbours only, to plough or I do it myself same with harvesting

farmermuff
May 25 2010, 03:03 PM
Sometimes it depends on the time of day. My crops are set to be ready to harvest in the early morning, which is the hardest time to hire people, so I harvest myself. I hate plowing and refuse to do it myself, so I wait if I need to.

Depending on the time of the day I never have a problem hiring folks or getting jobs. The only thing that has changed, is that its really hard to be picky about who you hire AND begging has decreased.

farmermuff
May 25 2010, 03:06 PM
It takes hours for me to plough or harvest (even in my own farm) so I think it's not a good idea to hire me. My computer often freezes while I'm working. And after midnight I'm in real trouble. Just to work a little in my farm takes sometimes 2 hours in the night. I don't know if it's farm town, face book or my broadband connection (the server with the phone company where I get my internet connection from). I sometimes have to refresh/reload the game several times to make it work. It is so annoying. In the daytime and evening it's almost ok. But in the night (around midnight it teases me so much). I get so angry at my computer.

I have the same problem with FT. It crashes my browser and runs really slow. I cleared my cache and that helped a little bit but if I am on one of my "busy" farms or a farm that has a lot of stuff, I still cant do anything.

minniesmamma
May 25 2010, 11:10 PM
I have kind of given up in hiring at the market, too. People seem to be more picky about what they will harvest so I just do it myself.

Witch Hazel
May 26 2010, 02:16 AM
I like to hire only one person and continue to hire them for each farm and each job until they plead "enough! carpal tunnel!". But if I've hired them for crops and flowers and they say "trees please" after they accepted the job...good bye. If they hadn't said "trees please" I would've hired them for the trees after the flowers were done!

Bookjunky
May 30 2010, 03:17 PM
It is getting hard to find people to hire. I go in with 3 slots for people to harvest then plow on 3 separate farms. So everyone is working solo. But with the I only want to plows much of the time I wind up doing more by myself than ever before. One guy yesterday got to harvest and plow all 3 farms and was really happy. Elitist plow only's don't know what they are missing.

MaryLouW
May 30 2010, 08:07 PM
I am one of those who ask to plow only. Why? Because I have more money than I can possibly spend. What I get from harvesting is pretty meaningless but exp points are not.

Another reason why I ask to plow only... when I DO give in and take a harvesting job, it seems I always get raspberries and once I get started, the farmer hires someone else to plow. I gain nothing.

This is, again, another reason I would like to be able to see the person's level in the market place. If I know they're a newer farmer with a low level, I will harvest for them so they can earn some money.

Lately, I find it just as easy to do my own harvesting and plowing. I don't get the market price for my goods but most of what I plant is needed for the facilities so it doesn't matter. It cost me an additional 5cents to do my own plowing. When you have huge amounts of money, that doesn't matter either.

So, when I do go to the market place, I ask to plow only. I don't need the money, but I want the exp. Maybe people should indicate their level when hiring because I would be more than happy to harvest for those under level 80.

wsmith101
May 30 2010, 10:47 PM
I have four full farms, each one is 24x24. Except for F1, they are all plowed and planted. 3,072 for the last three farms, and around 700 for f1.

I prefer to harvest/plow solo, I don't care if it's flowers, trees or crops. I even like doing flowers and trees, since i'm doing it now for the money, vs the experience. I've got over a million experience, and now over 11 million. I started Saturday with, over 57 million, and spent down to 7 million buying F4. If I don't like the people I'm harvesting or plowing with, i'll simply leave the farm.

I do ask people if I notice there trees or flowers are ready, if they want them done, but don't insist on it. I'm very particular about both, and don't often hire people to do them. I have probably over 600 trees now, and close to 9,500 flowers. I havent' counted all of either one lately. All of my trees of the same type, come due at the same time. I don't add trees, of a particular type, until those are ready to be harvested. I have for instance 101 coconut trees, and people tend to miss anywhere from 5-10 trees when harvesting them. Well, when you have 600 trees or so, of varying types you end up harvesting 30 or so yourself, it's annoying. At least IMHO. :D

Tuckertbnc
May 31 2010, 05:00 PM
:mad:
What irks me is when I go to the market hire someone .. and I say I need someone to harvest 'and' plow ... they agree come to harvest and refuse to talk and leave when they've finished harvesting or in the middle ....
I now do not 'volunteer' that I have harvests ready on my other 2 farms ( most of the time I've managed to coordinate harvest times on all 3 farms) untill they've either started talking or plowing ... I like to hire solo to help people with coins and the leveling up points ...
Tammy

servocrow
May 31 2010, 06:00 PM
I have found, since the facilities have come 'round, and I'm spending more time at the market...I am getting hired more. I don't mind it. If I just want to sell my stuff, I'll do it offline; otherwise, I'll see if I can get hired. Today, I harvested BOTH raspberries and pineapples and got to plow. I'm level 80, so I don't need the XP (FOR NOW), but I do need the coinage to max out the 4th farm.

:D

It does amaze me to see the 'snooty-pooty-pants' people who will only harvest certain things/wont' harvest at all/only harvest alone...

They must not enjoy REAL life very much either.

Happy Farming Everyone

snow_angel
May 31 2010, 08:13 PM
:mad:
What irks me is when I go to the market hire someone .. and I say I need someone to harvest 'and' plow ... they agree come to harvest and refuse to talk and leave when they've finished harvesting or in the middle ....
I now do not 'volunteer' that I have harvests ready on my other 2 farms ( most of the time I've managed to coordinate harvest times on all 3 farms) untill they've either started talking or plowing ... I like to hire solo to help people with coins and the leveling up points ...
Tammy

I'm surprised they don't stay to plow. I've noticed most will stick around after the harvesting is done with the hopes of getting hired to plow. As for talking while harvesting for me I'm usually too busy to notice any conversations at least until I'm done

MeganGG
Jun 01 2010, 07:57 AM
My rant:

I had a farm full of pineapples, trees and flowers that needed to be plowed and harvested. All of it. I needed someone to hire for trees and crops, then turn off trees, hire for flowers and then plow, all solo if they wanted. I said all of this in the market place and asked if anyone was up for it. So, someone told me they were so I hired them. As soon as they are done crops they just stood there for a while and then ask if I wanted them to do trees.... yes! After trees she just kept asking to plow and when I would hire her for flowers she said that wasn't the plow hire. I said flowers too a few times but eventually just ended up hiring her to plow and did them myself.

I am always very specific when I am hiring. I state what crops I have and if there will be plow after (99% of the time there is) I wait until someone answers with at least my name (no "me me me") At least read what job you are agreeing to

eljae
Jun 01 2010, 09:21 AM
Well personally I hate to plow. I find it more difficult than harvesting for some reason, and I have a torn rotator cuff that begins to cause me pain after 20 - 30 minutes of click, click, clicking. BUT if I get hired to plow after harvesting, as long as I'm not in too much pain, I'll accept and do it. If I am in too much pain and there are other ppl working with me, I usually politely decline, saying I'd rather give the work to the others who may need/want the xp more than I do.

When hiring, I never, ever, ever hire someone who responds to me with "me, me, me" or "i'll do it," or the like. I prefer the person call me by name and shows some level of manners. The ppl that act like they are doing me a favor or feel entitled somehow to work for me are the ones I simply ignore.

Helen42
Jun 01 2010, 11:07 AM
Hi I am new to the forum so sorry if these have been covered before.

I am noticing a lot lately that people I hire seem to not finish the job anymore they start and if they dont want the "crop value" they just leave or they make a right mess of the farm dotting about everywhere so that they m ake it almost impossible to hire someone else and you have to tidy up after them I find this very very rude.

Another one is when you hire say two people the latest trick seems to be one offering to plow after they have harvested about two bits. I always say no I prefer to wait till you can both plow and some are getting quite rude what has happened to manners in this game.

Lastly someone plowed for me today and did my whole farm in under 30 seconds when I asked how they told me their boyfriend wrote a programme is this considered fair what if they are plwoing alongside others?

SOrry to ramble on but would value feedback onthese issues ....:)

snow_angel
Jun 02 2010, 01:15 PM
I've noticed that too when I've been hired either to harvest or plow and there are others also harvesting. There will still be harvesting left and they just stop and ask to plow. They don't even bother to finish the harvesting first. I was hired to plow once there were three people harvesting when I got there. I guess they were mad the farmer didn't hire any of them for the plowing because they all left with only half the work done.

tanabro
Jun 02 2010, 08:36 PM
Just had to share this...hope it's the right place. I hired someone to harvest a very large field of pineapples. Only hired this one person. This is what happened.
We both arrive at my farm.
Me Chat: You will need to hide the trees to get all the fields. Thanks for the help.
Me: watching watching watching her harvest (she was very slow).
Me Chat: Are you done? I can still see two rows of pineapples.
Her Chat: I can't hide your trees for you. That's your job. Can I plow now.
Me: WOW. You must be really new. (The attitude kept me out of kindly teacher mode).
Her: NO, just smarter then (THEN not THAN) you.
AND then she left. I was flabergasted. Hope I spelled that right.
I have been harvesting and plowing for myself ever since. It's not worth it.
But it is a little bit funny.

lindasfarmtown
Jun 02 2010, 08:49 PM
i have had issues recently that have left me mad as well. i figured out a way around this though. over the last few weeks anyone who has done a good job for me (i have 4 farms and lots of work every day...) i let them know i am pleased and then ask if they play enough for me to add them as a buddy so i can hire them again and again and again...most say yes but some only play once and a while and so it isn''t worth it. so i have built myself a nice work crew using my buddy list.

the other thing i have noticed now i understand that this is not always the case so don't get mad...but i noticed that people who harvest in lines instead of all over the place often finish and do a good job. and so if someone starts harvesting all over the place more often than not the job doesn't get finished.

so to avoid bad workers, build up a good supply on your buddy list and save yourself lots of frustration! i think if a "fire" option was added it would get abused as well so i tried to figure out a way around this issue using what i have which has worked very well for me!

snow_angel
Jun 02 2010, 09:11 PM
I don't understand those that harvest all over the place. I've seen that a lot. I always wonder if they're not looking at the screen and just click away. They never finish either, they either leave or just wait to be hired for plowing. Oh well more coins for me.

Boll Weevil
Jun 02 2010, 10:32 PM
Just wanted to say that the reason *some* or perhaps *many* people prefer to work alone is not selfishness but rather that they don't want to be unnecessarily interfered with in their work. When several people are harvesting or plowing the same farm together, it seems only reasonable that each start in a different section of the farm and eventually meet at the center or wherever. But some people will go to a huge farm, watch and see where the other worker started, and then go right there to that area and start hacking at random (with harvesting tool or plow, as the case may be) in front of them or around them. That's happened to me so many times. I'll just leave the scene and go to a far corner and start over ... whereupon the other worker will follow me and start the hacking at fields around me. I've been told that this is a very successful technique for driving other workers off and getting the whole farm to yourself. Apparently the farmer who hired the workers cannot control such behavior, cannot "fire" an obnoxious worker, or isn't supervising.

snow_angel
Jun 02 2010, 10:41 PM
So that's why I get followed around sometimes. I've always wondered about that. and here I thought it was my magnetic personality. Thing is I'll move the first time but if they follow me again I stay right there. Most of the time the other person will leave for another section. Now ya tell me I was supposed to leave completely. I like being able to help other farmers and they help me (plus earning coins and xp) but people like this really ruin it for others. Hmmm just had a thought I wonder if the rude workers ever read these forums.

MeganGG
Jun 03 2010, 10:50 PM
I've been having such a hard time trying to hire people lately. I go to the marketplace and it's all people saying they need workers, hardly anyone says they will work even if you say you have a great crop for them with plow after. Where are they all? It took me forever and a couple different MPs to find someone who would do it this morning.

daisy too
Jun 04 2010, 02:43 PM
So - I hired someone to harvest, and she left after a few rows.
I went back to the MP to find someone to finish, and the same person was there asking for work! (she had a very unusual 2-word name, so i know it was her). I asked her why she walked off the job, and she acted all innocent asking me the particulars of the job, like she couldnt remember - it was 4 minutes ago! you remember!
I can't fathom why someone would do that!

I also hired someone who harvested about 12 plots, of a large farm with nothing but crops. then he stood there. ten minutes went my, so i hired someone else, who harvested the whole farm, and asked to plow. So I hired the second farmer to plow. The first guy woke up out of his trance, and asked to plow, reminding me that when I was at the MP i had said "harvest and plow". If I could, I would have hired him to plow exactly the plots he harvested - about 12. but I ignored him.

I've hired people to harvest who tell me they don't do trees, because 'it's not worth it". And then they want to plow. my response is that I don't hire people to plow who don't do trees - it's not worth it.

My biggest frustration is farmers who hack away at a few trees and say they're done. 90% of the time i have to go back and harvest a ton of tress that were missed. When I hire someone who actually DOES the trees, I add them to my buddylist to hire again.

wsmith101
Jun 04 2010, 03:37 PM
My biggest frustration is farmers who hack away at a few trees and say they're done. 90% of the time i have to go back and harvest a ton of tress that were missed. When I hire someone who actually DOES the trees, I add them to my buddylist to hire again.

finding someone who does trees well, is very hard!! I have around 800, i plan on counting on the next full harvest of trees. I'm waiting right now for more of them to get done, i've got so much stuff going in my factories, i can't add a lot more.

iwannagohome
Jun 04 2010, 06:27 PM
I go to the market to hire and I get hired pretty quickly instead. I have found that if I work their farm and ask if they want to work mine, they usually do. Or if I get hired the same time as another farmer ( and they are doing a good job), I ask that person and they usually will accept.

I love harvesting trees! It's very relaxing... I zoom in and look for the yellow highlights of the "ready to harvest" tree and click away...

HelenJS22
Jun 05 2010, 12:00 AM
So - I hired someone to harvest, and she left after a few rows.
I went back to the MP to find someone to finish, and the same person was there asking for work! (she had a very unusual 2-word name, so i know it was her). I asked her why she walked off the job, and she acted all innocent asking me the particulars of the job, like she couldnt remember - it was 4 minutes ago! you remember!
I can't fathom why someone would do that!

I also hired someone who harvested about 12 plots, of a large farm with nothing but crops. then he stood there. ten minutes went my, so i hired someone else, who harvested the whole farm, and asked to plow. So I hired the second farmer to plow. The first guy woke up out of his trance, and asked to plow, reminding me that when I was at the MP i had said "harvest and plow". If I could, I would have hired him to plow exactly the plots he harvested - about 12. but I ignored him.

I've hired people to harvest who tell me they don't do trees, because 'it's not worth it". And then they want to plow. my response is that I don't hire people to plow who don't do trees - it's not worth it.

To be fair about the man who 'went into a trance' it could have been the result of two things - 1. he could have been called away in the REAL world for a bit, though they usually apologies if that's the case or 2. His computer could have frozen him out and jammed for that space of time until if freed up from whatever it was doing, and let him play again. This does happen and it's very frustrating for the person who was hired as well as from your end.

snow_angel
Jun 05 2010, 12:54 AM
To be fair about the man who 'went into a trance' it could have been the result of two things - 1. he could have been called away in the REAL world for a bit, though they usually apologies if that's the case or 2. His computer could have frozen him out and jammed for that space of time until if freed up from whatever it was doing, and let him play again. This does happen and it's very frustrating for the person who was hired as well as from your end.

That is possible I've had it happen to me (the 2nd one that is) There's been a few times where I lost my connection . I've even had the browser close on me

Lupi
Jun 05 2010, 09:08 AM
I've been having such a hard time trying to hire people lately. I go to the marketplace and it's all people saying they need workers, hardly anyone says they will work even if you say you have a great crop for them with plow after. Where are they all? It took me forever and a couple different MPs to find someone who would do it this morning.

I've been wondering if it was just me who'd been having trouble hiring people. No one seems to want to work anymore, but if that's the case what are they all doing in the MP? This morning the MP was packed, yet no one responded to my requests for harvesters. I ended up doing four farms myself. :confused:

I have people on my buddy list, but I find that our online times don't match up.

MaryLouW
Jun 05 2010, 11:03 AM
I went to the MP last night and tried to hire someone to harvest my trees. I specified that I had a lot of trees and asked if anyone was interested. I got a "ME" real fast. Okay.. so we get to my farm.. the person just stood there moved around a bit.. didn't harvest anything, just left. So, I went back to the MP and hired yet another person. Same thing, they got there and were gone in a flash. So, I just did it myself. It's frustrating! I did it in less time than it took me to try and hire someone.

Now, about asking to plow before every last crop is harvested. I do that now and again. For example, two of us have been hired to harvest and plow. I finish half or more of the harvesting. The other person has maybe a dozen plots left. I will NOT run over and jump in and grab those plots away. I consider that to be very rude. When people do that to me, I don't hesitate to tell them they were rude to jump in front of me to grab the last 12 pineapples.

When I am then asked to plow, I again only do half of it and leave the rest to the other person. I work pretty fast and I feel bad for the newbies or those who can't go fast so I don't take all the work and run.

I don't use a mouse - I seldom ever use one for anything. I have a graphic tablet and the pen works just like a mouse only you don't have to click it. I can just tap a square and it harvests or plows. This allows me to go a lot faster. It's the perfect solution for those who get wrist pains from a mouse.

The MP is becoming a joke. I end up doing most of my own harvesting and plowing. I don't lose any money because I only plant what is needed for my facilities. I have a harvester and a solar plow so each one processes 4 squares at a time. It beats begging for someone to do the job.

goatcheez
Jun 05 2010, 05:53 PM
can you hire from your buddy list

JustHikk
Jun 05 2010, 06:31 PM
can you hire from your buddy list

Not directly. You can send them a note and meet them to hire them.

PRT
Jun 05 2010, 08:28 PM
I never bought into the idea of a firing button until tonight, and I've been playing since last July.
I hired, from the market, the most incredibly slow person on this planet. I had told her she could plow too (big mistake on my part,) but being true to my word - I waited 50 minutes for her to h/p 572 fields.
Then - she didn't say thank you!!! Unfortunately the only thing she did quickly was leave before I could ignore her. I should have ignored her midstream and done it all myself, but I had promised her the work.
Vent over :)

JustHikk
Jun 05 2010, 08:34 PM
I never bought into the idea of a firing button until tonight, and I've been playing since last July.
I hired, from the market, the most incredibly slow person on this planet. I had told her she could plow too (big mistake on my part,) but being true to my word - I waited 50 minutes for her to h/p 572 fields.
Then - she didn't say thank you!!! Unfortunately the only thing she did quickly was leave before I could ignore her. I should have ignored her midstream and done it all myself, but I had promised her the work.
Vent over :)

Vent, but realize that a fire button is still a bad idea :) I hate hiring from the market because of the slowness and difficulty of finding workers. I don't blame the workers, they could be new, disabled, or a slow computer that makes them slow. Just relax, breathe, cuss at them, then smile and move on :)

brionie
Jun 06 2010, 12:08 PM
I've been wondering if it was just me who'd been having trouble hiring people. No one seems to want to work anymore, but if that's the case what are they all doing in the MP? This morning the MP was packed, yet no one responded to my requests for harvesters. I ended up doing four farms myself. :confused:

Selling stuff?;)

PRT
Jun 06 2010, 02:32 PM
I go to sell in the mornings and I try to hide under the tent, but I still get a lot of hire requests. I don't disagree that it's hard to find people to work sometimes. Not sure why.

Lupi
Jun 13 2010, 09:29 AM
Selling stuff?;)

Perhaps, but they're taking their sweet time about it if that's what they're doing. Most of them are talking amongst themselves, and just ignoring everyone else. In any case, when I go into the MP to sell stuff, I either hide behind one of the stalls, or I go to a far corner of the screen, so that I do not give the impression that I am there for work. Perhaps I am just more thoughtful and considerate than others.

The hiring problems are still happening. I've just ploughed two of my four 24x24 farms because the two people I hired managed to plow 4 and 0 fields respectively.

What angered me the most however, was a player I hired to harvest my purple grapes. She did half and then announced that it didn't pay enough, so it wasn't worth her while to do any more. She then "lol'd" and typed a smiley face (as if that makes it ok) and left. I went back to the MP and there she was asking for more work, so I told the MP that she wasn't available for low paying work and "ignored" her.

I think I'll just do my own harvesting and ploughing from now on, unless I see a "buddy" online at the same time. I've had enough of the idiots from the MP. Over the last two days, I have hired three people who blatantly ignored all my requests to hide the trees and carried on merrily harvesting around them. I accept that some players may not know about "hiding", but when a request is made of you, and you don't know what is being requested, ask the person what they mean. It's not difficult.

wsmith101
Jun 13 2010, 10:49 AM
. I accept that some players may not know about "hiding", but when a request is made of you, and you don't know what is being requested, ask the person what they mean. It's not difficult.

Oh I agree!! if you don't know how to hide something, let me know!! it isn't that stinking difficult! I had one person who finally admitted they were new, and didn't know how to. I was wishing for a fire button a the time.

MaryLouW
Jun 13 2010, 11:22 AM
One thing to keep in mind when you see that a person is pretty slow. They may be new users. I hired one yesterday that was incredibly slow. I checked her level - she was level 9. So, I just let her go and did something else. If she had been a level 80, I would have hired another person to help. I did ask her if she wanted help, she didn't.

I have learned NOT to say that I'll hire them to harvest, then plow. I only hire to harvest. If they are doing a pretty decent job, I ask them mid-way through if they want to plow. If they're doing a bad job, I am conveniently not at that site when they finish and stand there yelling "plow".

When I am at the MP, I make it very clear that I will harvest or plow crops, but I will not do trees, flowers, or fish. People sometimes ignore that and when they want to hire me to harvest and do trees, I decline and restate what I will-won't do. I wish more people would do this because you can't tell the hiring farmers from the ones looking for work and a lot of time is wasted trying to hire someone. Maybe they should split the room - hiring on one side and workers on the other!

JustHikk
Jun 13 2010, 12:24 PM
Maybe they should split the room - hiring on one side and workers on the other!

I have always thought, and posted, that they needed to split the market place in half. One market to sell your goods (or let you sell it from your farm) and another for hiring. Then, only allow hiring from your farm or the hiring market (not the Inn, the Realtor or the selling Market). That would solve the issue of getting hire requests when you go to sell things.

servocrow
Jun 13 2010, 05:58 PM
I do think they will have to do something about "fishing". I was hired twiced today to fish. One person hired just me to do two sides of a 24x24 river-lined farm and a pond. Fishing is very tedious..Later someone else hire me and a bunch of other people to fish on about the same amount of real estate. A few minutes in, most people left, except me. After being there...ALONE for about 10-15 minutes, clicking away, the farmer hires about a half-dozen MORE people.

I haven't even attempted to hire anyone to fish on my farms yet.

JeanT38
Jun 13 2010, 10:38 PM
I have to agree with Lupi.... i have tried a number of times to hire ppl from the markets and have had 3 out 5 leave because it was not high paying crops, such as pineapples. i have even stated at the very start what i have got to harvest and hired one person to harvest a lower level crop only for them to say " your don't have pineapples" and then leave..... hard to find anyone to harvest anything unless you have planted pineapples.... some very greedy people at times but then i have hired some very grateful employee ( normally lower level farmers ).

As to hiring my buddies most are in the USA so timing can be a bit harder since i am in Australia....

still think if there was a way of hiring neighbours or buddies while they are offline so that when they come online they have work ready for them.... harvest and plow..etc..

HelenJS22
Jun 14 2010, 03:53 AM
In any case, when I go into the MP to sell stuff, I either hide behind one of the stalls, or I go to a far corner of the screen, so that I do not give the impression that I am there for work. Perhaps I am just more thoughtful and considerate than others.

Why don't you simply take yourself off line and then go to the market place? That makes you invisible and there is only you and Tom in the market place with no offers to hire while you sell your produce. There is no need to hide.

JustHikk
Jun 14 2010, 10:57 AM
Why don't you simply take yourself off line and then go to the market place? That makes you invisible and there is only you and Tom in the market place with no offers to hire while you sell your produce. There is no need to hide.

No need to hide? Isn't that what you are doing when you go offline? Hiding from the hirers? Why should a person have to "hide" in order to get around a flaw in the game?

Textmum
Jun 14 2010, 11:58 AM
Fishing - I think we should have a boat to catch the fish in, its hard work and takes ages to clear just one stretch!

PRT
Jun 14 2010, 01:11 PM
I just say no to fishing requests and most trees. I hate trees and I hate to fish!!! I don't feel rude - at least I'm not standing there saying "pineapples, solo." Those people are nuts!

Roodeer
Jun 14 2010, 01:12 PM
I'm new to this. How do I go about hiring a buddy to work on my farm? Thanks

PRT
Jun 14 2010, 01:41 PM
Click on your buddy list and if their green dot is there it means they are online. Send them a message or follow the green man and go to their farm and hire them there. Have fun!

JustHikk
Jun 14 2010, 01:43 PM
Click the Avatar, then choose what you want to hire them to do. Crops, Crops and Flowers, Crops and Trees, Plow, or Fish.

servocrow
Jun 14 2010, 04:51 PM
I just say no to fishing requests and most trees. I hate trees and I hate to fish!!! I don't feel rude - at least I'm not standing there saying "pineapples, solo." Those people are nuts!

I don't mind the trees, and I have never hired anyone to fish at my farms...it would just be too tedious.

I fish at my own leisure, but if I have time, I don't turn down a request.

*insert Daffy Duck laugh* COLD HARD CASH AND IT'S ALL MINE, MINE MINE!!

:p

Roodeer
Jun 14 2010, 06:18 PM
I look at it this way, if I don't want to do a job, I don't accept the invitation. If I do accept the job and get there and find that I don't like what I see (nothing but trees!) I politely bow out with a brief explanation why. If I accept a job and see that more work could be done, I will offer to do more (some trees, flowers, fish). If I'm told no, then I just thank the farmer for the work and move on. This is not a matter of life and death. It's only a game! I enjoy meeting new and different people in the market place.

tgray
Jun 18 2010, 03:45 PM
I go to sell in the mornings and I try to hide under the tent, but I still get a lot of hire requests. I don't disagree that it's hard to find people to work sometimes. Not sure why.

If you don't want to get hire requests while selling you can go offline while doing the selling. That's what I do as a result of seeing that suggestion somewhere on the forum.
I usually hide under the tent while hiring to try to avoid hire requests. It seems to work fairly well for that (hopefully) short period of time.

tgray
Jun 18 2010, 04:10 PM
No need to hide? Isn't that what you are doing when you go offline? Hiding from the hirers? Why should a person have to "hide" in order to get around a flaw in the game?

Yes it is hiding from the hirers so they don't waste time trying to hire someone that isn't interested in a job. I think it is a considerate way of dealing with it until they work out a better way of hiring and/or selling (which I have read they are working on).

snow_angel
Jun 18 2010, 04:13 PM
I've notice now with getting a percentage of the crops you harvest people in the MP are requesting certain crops (not just pineapples now) When I saw that the other night I wrote ' ready to harvest for someone ANY crop' I got three requests right away. There's been many times I've been hired and when I got to the farm I see someone had started then left. A few times it's been purple grapes. I thought woo hoo I need those crops for my facilities. Even if it's not a crop I can use I can always sell it.

Heidi98
Jun 21 2010, 08:40 AM
Two things: A lot of times when someone hires me to harvest or plow, their farms are full of items which makes it slow to load, and sometimes not loading at all. If it's really full of "stuff", it crashes my browser and I have to reload the whole thing. The problem with all of this is I can't let that person know what's going on because I either have to cancel loading their farm cause it's taking so long or like I said it crashes my browser. How can this issue be fixed so that the farmers aren't waiting on me and can hire someone else or how can I let them know what's going on or send them an apology if I can't find them again to contact them?

Jennski
Jun 21 2010, 09:26 AM
When I'm hiring in the marketplace and I see people say things like....will harvest pineapples solo only....I have to laugh...maybe they'd like to harvest diamonds while sitting on a lawn chair under the shade of a tree sipping an ice cold lemonade...but I do have a question...how do you post to your wall that you have work in the facilities???? Thanks in advance

Charo
Jun 21 2010, 10:36 AM
Jennski, most facilities have a Produce Faster! button, when viewing What's Cooking. Click that, and it will post to your wall. You only need to do it once, with one facility.

snow_angel
Jun 22 2010, 08:17 AM
When I'm hiring in the marketplace and I see people say things like....will harvest pineapples solo only....I have to laugh...maybe they'd like to harvest diamonds while sitting on a lawn chair under the shade of a tree sipping an ice cold lemonade...but I do have a question...how do you post to your wall that you have work in the facilities???? Thanks in advance

On one of your facility click on 'Whats Pending' then on the upper left click on 'Produce Faster' This will post it to your wall.

jb71577
Jun 22 2010, 10:56 PM
I have found it difficult to hire people at the market I think it has to do with the fact that most people have multiple farms and plant lots to keep up with the facilities ..... I think I am going to stop planting for a while and attempt to supply my facilities solely by harvesting for others.... also it didn't help that "loading user" was a frequent messege from Friday to Monday.

snow_angel
Jun 22 2010, 11:02 PM
I thought I saw it all but today I saw a new one. 'I only harvest and plow alone' I hope she got hired with a lot of other people

calliopejane
Jun 23 2010, 12:23 PM
Hm, I've actually been having a much easier time getting people to harvest now that you get a percentage of the crops. People are now much more willing to do low-money crops - before this change I had just been harvesting the low-coin crops myself, wasn't worth going to MP.

I don't mind if people just politely say they want plowing jobs at MP. Then I don't waste my time sending them a harvest-hire request. I hate it when people say "work, please" but then turn down the hire request; I assume they're waiting for a plow offer. Given that it sometimes takes a long time to get a response in the MP (and I usually wait a decent amount of time b/c I don't want to over-hire), it's disappointing to wait a long time for the response to just be "no thanks."

I don't really understand fishing for hire...if I want to go fishing, why wouldn't I just fish on my own farm and get 100% of the take? I've rarely seen a farm that doesn't have *some* water on it. Maybe it makes sense for really new people?

snow_angel
Jun 23 2010, 01:08 PM
I've been hired to fish on farms that had tons of water. I was on one yesterday where there were 5 of us fishing and the farmer could've easily hired another 10 there was so much water. I have seen in the MP now is people will post what they will harvest (besides pineapples)I'm assuming those are products they need. They seem to forget even if you harvest those products you don't need you can always sell them

Cajun Karen
Jun 23 2010, 09:43 PM
I have quite a few neighbors, but they aren't always on when I need "emergency harvesters". :D I prefer hiring neighbors so that I don't have to go to the MP to hire. I wonder if it would be possible to have a thread on the forum where anytime (day or night) people could post what they have to harvest. (I usually hire them to plow as well). I also hired a neighbor today to fish for me. She doesn't have all of the "water types" that I have and was able to get salmon and lobsters for her facilities. Just saying...

The upside is that many people have their farms linked. It would be easy to get there. Also, they would know that they are coming to WORK, not to goof off!

Molly Mew
Jun 24 2010, 05:28 AM
I have quite a few neighbors, but they aren't always on when I need "emergency harvesters". :D I prefer hiring neighbors so that I don't have to go to the MP to hire. I wonder if it would be possible to have a thread on the forum where anytime (day or night) people could post what they have to harvest. (I usually hire them to plow as well). I also hired a neighbor today to fish for me. She doesn't have all of the "water types" that I have and was able to get salmon and lobsters for her facilities. Just saying...

The upside is that many people have their farms linked. It would be easy to get there. Also, they would know that they are coming to WORK, not to goof off!

If enough people are interested, we can certainly start a harvesting thread in the Social section. We used to have a tree huggers thread lol where forum users hired people who promised not to harvest trees. :)

pandahbear2002
Jun 24 2010, 06:32 AM
^5! ..hello, I'm new to this =)

Cajun Karen
Jun 24 2010, 06:00 PM

If enough people are interested, we can certainly start a harvesting thread in the Social section. We used to have a tree huggers thread lol where forum users hired people who promised not to harvest trees. :)

Okay, you people! Let's see if this idea floats!!

Maryannshaven
Jun 25 2010, 06:50 PM
This player (WD.) just literally cussed me out for hiring him to harvest 1 day crops. I'm on level 80 and have probably been playing this game for a year now. Nearly all my neighbors already stopped playing, but I just can't stay away lol. Out of all my time playing this game, I've never felt like actually quitting or been cussed out before for something so trivial. It just amazes me how people can actually be. Wow.

Sorry this is just a venting post... watch out for that player.

Deb NZ
Jun 25 2010, 06:53 PM
But the one day crops can all be used in facilities.Hire me Hire me plzzzzzz!!!

Maryannshaven
Jun 25 2010, 06:56 PM
Aww... I harvested them myself, sorry, but thanks for the heads up on the facilities!

Deb NZ
Jun 25 2010, 07:04 PM
lol a level 90 will sure take your harvest request look for them.

brionie
Jun 27 2010, 04:04 PM

*puts idea in a canoe and sets it to float because I like it*

I had someone get snarky because I told them I had razzberries the other day! It was so weird! It went like this..

Snarky McSnarksALot: Hire me! Will do anything!

Me: Will you do razzberries? I know they're not worth a lot, but I'm grinding out the levels today! Then you can plow if you want.

Snarky McSnarksALot: Yeah sure whatever, as long as I can plow...

Me: You want help, or you want to do it yourself? There's a LOT.

Snarky McSnarksALot: Just me, thanks!

Me: Okay! *hires Snarky McSnarksALot. We go to my farm. I start doing my trees*

Snarky McSnarksALot: WTF is this? CHEAP berries!

Me: Um, I told you it was razzberries.... *brings up her menu, just in case Snarky McSnarksALot bails*

Snarky McSnarksALot: No effin' way! I'm doin' this! *attempts to flounce out, but it looses something when it's done online.*

Me: *giggles like a madwoman and ignores Snarky McSnarksALot*

I'd understand the snark if I hadn't TOLD her it was razzberries... But I did.

snow_angel
Jun 27 2010, 04:54 PM
I harvested a big farm of raspberrys the other day my first thought was woo hoo now I can make raspberry yogurt

Molly Mew
Jun 27 2010, 05:48 PM

Good for you starting the thread. :) If it takes off we can make it official. ;)

Cajun Karen
Jun 30 2010, 11:21 PM
Good for you starting the thread. :) If it takes off we can make it official. ;)

I've done it a couple of times, and it seems to work. I haven't seen anyone else posting in the thread yet....(but I haven't checked it today.)

HelenJS22
Jul 01 2010, 12:41 AM
I harvested a big farm of raspberrys the other day my first thought was woo hoo now I can make raspberry yogurt

LOL - I don't mind the odd hire to harvest raspberries for that same reason :)

magsmain
Jul 01 2010, 06:51 AM
I love it now that we get a share of everything, even trees, it all adds up to my store, and helps me in my factories, the same with the fishing. its quite relaxing knowing that you do not have other farmers chasing your tail for the crops. and it all adds up, love everthing about farm town. thanks for all your hard work Devs. xx

Grumpa
Jul 01 2010, 07:29 AM
LOL - I don't mind the odd hire to harvest raspberries for that same reason :)

Raspberries are like any other crop. The mansion on my farm was purchased with raspberries. and raspberries only. Gave myself a goal of 1,000,000 in coins for raspberries before I sold them and bought mansion. i did and I did it.

If I get hired for raspberries I just harvest them like any other crop.

Got a lot of XP points also doing that.
:rolleyes:

Grumpa
Jul 01 2010, 07:32 AM
I thought I saw it all but today I saw a new one. 'I only harvest and plow alone' I hope she got hired with a lot of other people

That is what the ignore button is for.

She gets ignored enough and she can do all the harvesting and plowing at her farm alone if she likes.:p

indygirl35
Jul 03 2010, 01:51 PM
Is there a way to fire employees that are being rude or not working at all? If so, how? If not, there really needs to be.

JAS0643
Jul 03 2010, 02:36 PM
Is there a way to fire employees that are being rude or not working at all? If so, how? If not, there really needs to be.

There is no way to fire an employee and there doesn't need to be a way added either. A fire option would be abused and would cause way more problems then it would fix.

Lupi
Jul 03 2010, 02:56 PM
Have to agree with Jas on this. I know I often wish there was a way to get rid of annoying workers, but it would be abused by those same sort of people who hire you when they have no work.

I have a simple solution of stopping bad workers from working. Start harvesting yourself and take as much of your own crop away from them as possible. They can only take one plot per click, you can take four. Now that the majority of the crops are used in facilities, it does not matter whether you get large crops harvested by someone else or small crops harvested by yourself, because they all count as one.

I've done this on a number of occasions and in many of those instances the person has left of their own choice.

diana1951
Jul 04 2010, 07:36 AM
I wish I could fire some workers but understand why we can't. What about some way to block them from working for you again. I can't remember all the names but if there was a 'block from working for me' option that would work.It seems like there are more and more that are just obnoxous lately. One came and clicked randomly for a minute and left,someone else just sat there for 5 minutes doing nothing,when I started to harvest they complained allot. Then got mad when I didn't hire her to plow. This is becoming a daily problem..I'm getting to the point of not wanting to hire anyone. That is just not right. That is the game..Something really needs to be done to help with this problem.:eek:

Lupi
Jul 04 2010, 07:58 AM
There is a block to stop you from hiring them again. If you click their avatar and choose the "ignore" option, they will disappear from your screen forever.

Hessel
Jul 04 2010, 04:03 PM
There are all kinds annoying employees. Some show up and just try to mess up the field by randomly clicking the crops. Some show up and don't work.
Other pick a little and just sit there till all the harvest work is done, then want to plow. You have no control over who you get to pick. I watch to see who is actually working and who is justing hanging out. I have started to reward the fast pickers who want to plow by hiring them, and ignoring the ones who don't work at harvest. If I need more plowers, I go hire more.

JAS0643
Jul 05 2010, 12:58 PM
I was just in the mp and saw someone complaining about people hiring her to work with others after she said she works alone. So you know what I did, I hired her and one other person to plow my farm. I do this all the time when I see people say solo work. I will not hire people who only work alone to work alone, sometimes I do only hire one person but it is not the people that ask to work alone. To me that is rude and greedy and I can't stand people like that.

snow_angel
Jul 05 2010, 03:39 PM
I don't mind if I'm hired with someone else especially if it is a large farm. What I don't like is when I'm doing most of the harvesting and they'll do just a little bit then wait to be hired to plow. Most of the time I get hired to plow and they just sit there lol. Lupi has a good idea start harvesting with them give them less. I saw an avatar in the MP one night, underneath for the name it said "I only work alone"

MaryLouW
Jul 05 2010, 04:50 PM
I NEVER hire anyone who says they only work alone. That's being unsocial! I do wish people would be a little specific though. Some stand there and just say "work" or "ready" or something like that. You hire them to do crops and flowers and get a no thanks. You cannot tell who's there to hire and who's there to work and sometimes I attempt to hire 4-5 times before I find a "worker".

When I go to the MP to work, I do specify that "I am looking for a plowing job, please". I am always hired very quickly and usually the person has several farms to plow. I honestly do not want to harvest, I have far more money than I can ever spend. So, my purpose is to up my exp. I have noticed that those who say they will harvest are also picked very quickly.

One thing to remember when hiring someone, if they seem to be pretty slow, check their level. You can do that by clicking on their avatar, and on the pop-up menu, select Send Message. That will show you the level. You can then just back out. I hired one recently that was painfully slow. A level check showed she was level 23. It takes a bit of time to build up speed so take that into consideration. I did eventually ask her if she would like some help... . got a "yes please" reply so I hired another person. I also hired both to plow.

Sometimes when they appear to just be standing there doing nothing, most likely, their system locked up or they got kicked out. I had that problem yesterday with a few people. You can try to rehire them again while they're at your farm - if you don't get a response, you can assume they're not really there.

rabbitsandworms
Jul 05 2010, 05:07 PM
is there a way to hire someone to harvest and plow at the same time? Sometimes I don't have time to wait for them to get done harvesting, and it would be nice to put them in a cue to plow also. Sorry if this has been asked before?

JAS0643
Jul 05 2010, 07:40 PM
is there a way to hire someone to harvest and plow at the same time? Sometimes I don't have time to wait for them to get done harvesting, and it would be nice to put them in a cue to plow also. Sorry if this has been asked before?

No but what I have done a few times is send the hire request to plow after they start harvesting. They can move the farm around to work around the hire request (this is easy to do in full screen) then when they are ready to plow click yes and plow the farm. You don't have to be there.

diana1951
Jul 06 2010, 11:16 AM
Jason 0643,causingchaos,nizza,grannymo, I AGREE with all of you. Thanks for letting me know about the ignore button. I haven't used it up to now but will from now on. Hope there is no limit. I too don't hire anyone who states they want solo or a certin chrop or only to plow... For me you earn the right to plow my fields bu harvesting what I have. After all I am hiring you not the other way around. I'm very glad to see there are other farmers who feel the way I do...

JAS0643
Jul 06 2010, 12:27 PM
Jason 0643,causingchaos,nizza,grannymo, I AGREE with all of you. Thanks for letting me know about the ignore button. I haven't used it up to now but will from now on. Hope there is no limit. I too don't hire anyone who states they want solo or a certin chrop or only to plow... For me you earn the right to plow my fields bu harvesting what I have. After all I am hiring you not the other way around. I'm very glad to see there are other farmers who feel the way I do...

First my name is not jason it is JAS then the numbers 0643.

Second I can understand about not hiring people who will only work alone or who demand a cretin crop when it is a high paying crop like pineapples. Now if they are wanting a lower paying crop like tomatoes or wheat so they can get a few of them from the harvest that is different. Now on the plowing there are people that do not hire the same people to harvest and plow for a lot of reason, which I wont get into, so people asking to plow is fine in my book.

There are 3 types of people that go to the mp looking for work.

People that will do any job they are just there to work.
People that only want to harvest because they don't need the xps.
People that have enough coins but need xps to level up so they only want to plow.

I don't have a problem with people stating they only want to plow, they are letting you know what job they are willing to take. When people state what type of jobs they want that helps everyone know what they are after and know who is there looking for work.

Toy
Jul 07 2010, 08:18 AM
In any case, when I go into the MP to sell stuff, I either hide behind one of the stalls, or I go to a far corner of the screen, so that I do not give the impression that I am there for work. Perhaps I am just more thoughtful and considerate than others.

I had no idea you could do that! Thanks so much for the advice, I can stop hiding behind the tent and in corners now :D

Indigo Rose
Jul 08 2010, 12:45 AM
Whinge time.

I've been playing for well over a year now though when I got to level 40 I stopped hiring people, quicker & easier to do things myself. Since then there have been huge changes and FT is so much more interesting. One of the biggest changes is the MP, I can't believe how it and the people have changed.
No one that eventually comes to the farm wants to chat, not that I want to spend my time chatting but half the time I don't get a hello, thanks, nothing, unbelievable. Some harvest the cheaper crop and leave the dearer or they leave plots here and there. I only hire one person but will get more if it's to much and the person doesn't want to do it all. I will only hire people that will harvest and plow, I can't be bothered trying to find different people wanting to do different things.
As for the fishing, waste of time and wouldn't ask anyone to waste their time doing it for me.

Whinge over. LOL.

Angels Shangri-La
Jul 08 2010, 03:32 AM
When in the MP I always ask for solo workers who do both harvesting and plowing. I also can't be bothered hiring seperately. It might be antisocial to some, but it works much better than half a dozen people running round in a frenzy, getting frustrated and disappearing. It gives them a boost to level up too.

I had a really slow one this morning, level 8. I had to think back to how I was when I first started. With the 4x harvester, plower and seeder I'd probably be slow again:)

And yes there are rude people, just hit the ignore button and you'll never see them again. I love that button.

Maniac74
Jul 08 2010, 03:46 AM
I have loads of ponds etc and have trouble finding people who are willing to fish. Is there something that can be done to make fishing more attractive?

Angels Shangri-La
Jul 08 2010, 04:03 AM
I have loads of ponds etc and have trouble finding people who are willing to fish. Is there something that can be done to make fishing more attractive?

Post this in the Suggestions thread on the main forum page:)

snow_angel
Jul 08 2010, 06:50 AM
Whinge time.

I've been playing for well over a year now though when I got to level 40 I stopped hiring people, quicker & easier to do things myself. Since then there have been huge changes and FT is so much more interesting. One of the biggest changes is the MP, I can't believe how it and the people have changed.
No one that eventually comes to the farm wants to chat, not that I want to spend my time chatting but half the time I don't get a hello, thanks, nothing, unbelievable. Some harvest the cheaper crop and leave the dearer or they leave plots here and there. I only hire one person but will get more if it's to much and the person doesn't want to do it all. I will only hire people that will harvest and plow, I can't be bothered trying to find different people wanting to do different things.
As for the fishing, waste of time and wouldn't ask anyone to waste their time doing it for me.

Whinge over. LOL.

As for chatting it's possible the person(s) didn't notice you chatting to them. I know for me I'm paying attention to what I'm doing not to the chat box. I also like to work in full screen so when I do notice that the farmer has said something I have to stop and take it off full screen to respond.

JAS0643
Jul 08 2010, 02:01 PM
Whinge time.

Whinge over. LOL.

As for chatting it's possible the person(s) didn't notice you chatting to them. I know for me I'm paying attention to what I'm doing not to the chat box. I also like to work in full screen so when I do notice that the farmer has said something I have to stop and take it off full screen to respond.

When I'm hired to work I feel like I'm there to work not chat. Like snow angel said I work in full screen so I don't always see that the employer has said something to me, but if they do I will respond. I don't say hello I get right to work because I don't know how many other people are coming. I do say thank you but at the end of the job.

KnittingNana
Jul 08 2010, 07:21 PM
Whenever new items are added, there are always glitches. The past week or so my worst glitch is not getting a reply when I hire someone. The fact is, those people aren't getting the hire requests! And sometimes, after I finally get someone hired, 2 or 3 of the people I tried to hire earlier are there working, but I've gotten no reply that they're coming to work!

I have asked about this in the market & was bashed today for asking if anyone else was having problems hiring! One gal commented that people aren't answering my question because they aren't having a problem. Then why not say "no I'm doing fine", etc? Anyway, that gal blasted me because she said I was fussing at another guy in another market before that. When I told her the only reason I was talking to that guy was because he was calling farmers some truly nasty names & using vulgar language, so I reported him. To that she replied that she would ignore me. Weird!

It's just a game people, no need to be nasty, rude, vulgar or down right mean! There are kids that play this game, what lesson are they learning? If the adults want to talk like that at home, that's their business, but why do do it here?

Whew, now I feel better!

kshawdave
Jul 08 2010, 07:45 PM
I have the exact problem you are talking about. No answering, then more than one person on my farm. I have also hired someone, they answered, but not shown.:)

Bonnita
Jul 08 2010, 07:49 PM
You do have an ignore button for the rude people... why let it bother you? Just put them on your ignore and end of issue - quite right, it's a game.

I sometimes don't answer people at the market anymore - not to be rude - I'm in the midst of "selling" and up pops a hiring request. Sometimes (lots) my storage is still opening and won't close - therefore I really can't answer them.

It's how they have it set up - it really should automatically put you invisible or something when you're selling - I think that would help a lot.

I hope you feel better - I've met mostly great people in here... sure some jerks - but the majority are great - and the jerks... That's what the ignore button is for - Learn to use it.. LOL

Prada
Jul 08 2010, 07:54 PM
You do have an ignore button for the rude people... why let it bother you? Just put them on your ignore and end of issue - quite right, it's a game.

I sometimes don't answer people at the market anymore - not to be rude - I'm in the midst of "selling" and up pops a hiring request. Sometimes (lots) my storage is still opening and won't close - therefore I really can't answer them.

It's how they have it set up - it really should automatically put you invisible or something when you're selling - I think that would help a lot.

I hope you feel better - I've met mostly great people in here... sure some jerks - but the majority are great - and the jerks... That's what the ignore button is for - Learn to use it.. LOL

When you go and sell at the market put yourself off line then you won't be bother by the hiring request , then put yourself back online if you wish- problem solved !

Charo
Jul 09 2010, 10:00 AM
I will get to work, but if the owner feels chatty and makes conversation, I will chat. I do make sure to thank the person who hires me (when I bother to work... I'm L100, I haven't worked for anyone in months). I don't work in fullscreen because I like to see if the owner has instructions or requests (like do x crop first, it's time sensitive).

Fireball
Jul 09 2010, 10:35 AM
Often you will not get a reply as that person is probably selling. When I am selling I often get requests but will not acknowledge the request as I need to concentrate on what I am doing.

MebeMrS
Jul 09 2010, 11:34 AM
I have the exact problem you are talking about. No answering, then more than one person on my farm. I have also hired someone, they answered, but not shown.:)

It happens that one individual can get hired by more than one other farmer..... and they might get both requests, one on top of the other.... if they accept the first, they cannot respond to the second.

I have noticed a lag, or delay in the time someone agrees to be hired, I go to my farm, and then they show up..... 10 seconds or so later

Lately, I harvest 3 or 4 farms at a time....and if I hire to plow, I will hire one, and "do errands" while they head to the farm. Then a hire a second to do the other farm.... and "do errands". Then I go to the first farm to make sure there is a worker, offer double hire and repeat at the second farm

..... kind of like getting into a flow of things.

Additionally, if I have the crop that is headed for a facility, and am in a hurry, I will harvest myself 4 times as fast, and plow myself. Only the plowing costs a little more - 5 coins for 600-1000 patches. No biggie

ahappymomoffive
Jul 09 2010, 11:54 AM
it would be a help if there was places for people to stand in the market when selling produce, looking for work, and for hiring people. It doesn't feel good when people are trying to hire you when you are trying to sell your produce. I feel bad because people tried to hire me and I didn't see it. They could of hired someone else in that time.
Also if you are trying to hire someone, and people keep trying to hire you, they could actually be trying to hire someone actually looking for work.

mst
Jul 09 2010, 01:37 PM
You talk about this being rude I have one better. My 13 year old grandson was working on a farm and got asked if he was circumised. This is rude and my grandson reported him.

Rob T
Jul 09 2010, 01:48 PM

when i'm selling at the market, i go in offline mode, you don't see anyone else at the market, and they don't see you. so you wont have any hire requests to ignore :) in addition, being in offline mode actually makes the selling process faster, because the game doesn't then have to deal with all those other people :)

Note... the offline mode does not disconnect you from the game itself, it only disconnects you from interacting with other farmers :)

bringAsack
Jul 09 2010, 03:26 PM
We need an unemployment list everyone can sign up for or pick jobs from. When you have work you list it, and those who need it can pick from it :)

Maybe then i would get my farm flowers and fish worked hehe.

tarawa
Jul 09 2010, 03:45 PM
it would be a help if there was places for people to stand in the market when selling produce, looking for work, and for hiring people. It doesn't feel good when people are trying to hire you when you are trying to sell your produce. I feel bad because people tried to hire me and I didn't see it. They could of hired someone else in that time.
Also if you are trying to hire someone, and people keep trying to hire you, they could actually be trying to hire someone actually looking for work.

Take yourself offline (that little plug up top..it disconnects you,but it doesnt kill the game)You are then invisible to everyone else,and free to sell w/o getting hire request.

JustHikk
Jul 10 2010, 06:01 AM
The best solution to it would be to split the market up. One to sell, one to hire. Or, just let you sell from your farm. Then, only allow hiring to be done in the market and on your farm.

Chelsea J.
Jul 10 2010, 09:08 AM
Yup, I have that same problem. It wouldn't kill people to say please or thank you for someone hiring them. I undesrtand sometimes people may forget those kinds of things; but the simple manners mean a lot to those who are doing the hiring... ;)

Chelsea J.
Jul 10 2010, 09:09 AM
Yup, I have the same problems a lot of the time. I don't really think saying "please" or "thank you" when someone hires you is too difficult. It is appreciated when people hire polite farmers and sometimes people may forget; however basic manners can go a long way in making the game more enjoyable for everyone invovled... ;)

Lene Bay
Jul 10 2010, 11:01 AM
I feel so stupid when I try to work for somebody because firstly my internet/computer/farm town (or what it is) is so slow that it sometimes takes me hours just to work in my own farm (I very often get kicked out or timed out) and then I have to start from the beginning again. And another thing is when I need to get harvested very quick no one can come and help me. Some of my neighbours are in different time zones from me. Therefore we aren't in farm town at the same time.

Grammy 11
Jul 10 2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the good advice about going offline while selling.

My pet peeve is people who spam the marketplace with long, repetitive lines of pleas for work. I click on them and ignore and that solves that problem. (Like: PLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW) Happy farming everyone!

Buckeyefarmer
Jul 10 2010, 01:26 PM
I agree totally. I have had four extra people show up to plow when none answered my hire request. I wonder if I could have ignored them or would they have been able to continue plowing.

I like to talk to people in the market place when it gets boring. Usually no one responds so sometimes I make tongue in cheek comments which usually pisses people off. Acouple times when I asked for a plowing job only (since I already have 7million coins) some one make snotty remarks.

Another time I mentioned it looked like the beggars were here and really got blasted for that. Oh, well. It is just a game and as long as no one is vulgar or rude I like to stir up things a little--but never in a mean or belittling way. People are weird.

Buckeyefarmer
Jul 10 2010, 01:27 PM
Love your farm names

Buckeyefarmer
Jul 10 2010, 01:30 PM
That's usually when I will tell them to get a grip.

mst
Jul 10 2010, 04:18 PM
I try to say please and thank you. I usually get your welcome or no problem. Yet there are farmers who say neither when thank you is said. So it can go both ways.

tgray
Jul 11 2010, 02:38 AM

I'm having the same problem of people not responding when I try to hire them and it is not because they are there to sell their crops. They are people that posted in the chat window that they are looking for work. By the way, you can become invisible by clicking on the plug icon at the top and going offline while selling. It's not automatic, but it is pretty easy to do.

Alisonkls
Jul 11 2010, 07:23 AM
I normally find most people are really polite and friendly, or I did till this morning (must be a Sunday thing!)... You'd think that for 20 lines of begging for a job, someone would appreciate a 32x32 field of lettuces to harvest and plow all by themselves... took me 4 hires to get the job done in the end!

Southworth
Jul 11 2010, 08:26 AM
i have the hardest time getting anyone to plow anymore. Either they only want to harvest or they show up and then do 3 or 4 plots and leave. Maybe if there were more rewards for plowing it would be easier to find people that want to do it? Any suggestions?

Grammy 11
Jul 11 2010, 08:37 AM
When I look for work I ask for solo. I hate running around fighting for spots with three or more other plowers. Most of the time this request is ignored. So mostly I buddy up and people ask me to work privately.

crafty chris
Jul 11 2010, 08:39 AM
i used to go to the market but trying to find someone that dont beg/spam was getting hard as was someone who could say 'work please' i was in the market for nearly an hour one day (had rasps due) was hiring and no response (even flitted back and forth to check they hadnt 'turned up') in the end i said (not polite either) does anyone want to harvest a large rasp farm or do i have to do it myself?' in the end i did it myself :(

crafty chris
Jul 11 2010, 08:42 AM
When I look for work I ask for solo. I hate running around fighting for spots with three or more other plowers. Most of the time this request is ignored. So mostly I buddy up and people ask me to work privately.

i only ever 'use' one person and then offer them the plow if i am satisfied with the work lol .... i even had one person do all 3 farms lol

nj farms
Jul 11 2010, 08:58 AM
Whenever new items are added, there are always glitches. The past week or so my worst glitch is not getting a reply when I hire someone. The fact is, those people aren't getting the hire requests! And sometimes, after I finally get someone hired, 2 or 3 of the people I tried to hire earlier are there working, but I've gotten no reply that they're coming to work!

I have asked about this in the market & was bashed today for asking if anyone else was having problems hiring! One gal commented that people aren't answering my question because they aren't having a problem. Then why not say "no I'm doing fine", etc? Anyway, that gal blasted me because she said I was fussing at another guy in another market before that. When I told her the only reason I was talking to that guy was because he was calling farmers some truly nasty names & using vulgar language, so I reported him. To that she replied that she would ignore me. Weird!

It's just a game people, no need to be nasty, rude, vulgar or down right mean! There are kids that play this game, what lesson are they learning? If the adults want to talk like that at home, that's their business, but why do do it here?

Whew, now I feel better!

Maybe it is not that we dont reply but I know Im trying to work and my problem is getting timed out. I always answer I will work but I am like you I will be working away then there are 3 or 4 people there running over me. Then I get the timed out reload sign and Im gone back home. It is the most frustrated I have ever been with a game. I promise I want to work but the glitches are so bad I cant even plant my own farm and harvest my own trees since the 4th of july.

nj farms
Jul 11 2010, 09:01 AM
i have the hardest time getting anyone to plow anymore. Either they only want to harvest or they show up and then do 3 or 4 plots and leave. Maybe if there were more rewards for plowing it would be easier to find people that want to do it? Any suggestions?

It is not that it is the glitch in the game that won't let us plow. I can't even plow my own farm.

Mokie
Jul 11 2010, 09:28 AM
Mokie Level 100 4 farms 2,000,000+ XP and counting.

I hear ya there! I have contacted the Dev's meany times over about both the Market time lag, the plowing problem, and another one; the Planting problem -(where some background activity occurs and LATCHES up your mouse cursor and DOES NOT release it.) But on the Market time lag, for a while there it really got bad.. With 3 computers in this household and a shared Broadband High Speed.. we managed many times to go to market and attempted to hire each other, (stopwatch in hand) Many times it took the Slashkey servers up to FIVE MINUTS to relay the requests.. Who can actually hire anyone that way? Bu the time your request has been relayed by the servers, someone else had already hired them.

Abagail's Farm
Jul 11 2010, 06:38 PM
I thought I was the only one! Yes, they are rude. I always answer by clicking on either choice. Unless I have another problem with my computer, I'm thanking them for the job. What gets me upset is that when I hire someone, they quit for something better. There ought to be a rating system on how well we like our "hired help".

nj farms
Jul 11 2010, 06:45 PM
Im telling you we are not all being rude. My computor lets me do half the job then the time out comes up and says you must refresh well when you do that you are gone..................it sends you home. I cannot plow on others I cant even plow my own farm and your gripping? I have not been able to plow plant or harvest since the 4th of July and nobody seems to have any answers. So dont think I leave for something better it is because the game is NOT working right and you have no choice. I cannot plow more than 4 to 8 squares and it wont let me do anymore. Im just about ready to thrown in the towel. It has taken me sinse the 4th to plow my farm one square every once in awhile.

smhtoney
Jul 11 2010, 11:01 PM
On the issue of people saying please and thank you...Yes, people should always be polite, however, remember that many people are in full screen mode when they are working their farms and cannot reply. I have often had people say thank you as they are leaving from plowing and I have not responded because I am in full screen mode and planting. By the time I drop out of full screen to then type a reply they would be gone. I have only run into one truly rude person in the months and months that I have been playing - I ignored her and presumed that she had not been raised properly.

godsangel
Jul 12 2010, 12:33 AM
ssame here they say they are not getting it and i hire another one abd they all show up

godsangel
Jul 12 2010, 12:34 AM
iknow how that is are they do abad job

Kee Bee
Jul 13 2010, 10:33 AM
Can we PLEASE have a fire tool. In the last few days I've hired people to plow. Obiviously this job is beyound their capabilites.

They do one square here, one square there. Two squares together. Two more at the other end of the farm. Two more in the middle of the farm.

It takes forever for them to plow, and I can't plant crops until they are done as I usually have three or four different crops going at the same time.

Please please please give me a tool to fire these people...........they are driving me crazy.

Stormy Gail
Jul 13 2010, 11:08 AM
Can we PLEASE have a fire tool. In the last few days I've hired people to plow. Obiviously this job is beyound their capabilites.

They do one square here, one square there. Two squares together. Two more at the other end of the farm. Two more in the middle of the farm.

It takes forever for them to plow, and I can't plant crops until they are done as I usually have three or four different crops going at the same time.

Please please please give me a tool to fire these people...........they are driving me crazy.

Sorry to tell ya this but it won't ever happen, ppl would abuse the priviledge....I don't even hire anymore as I only plant what I use in my facilities and I plow myself, it's quicker and saves alot of headaches...:cool:

bagoshen
Jul 13 2010, 11:20 AM

I worked with one of those last night while harvesting then the guy turned right around and hired him to plow, and I typed what I was thinking.

Nicks_Mommy
Jul 13 2010, 05:46 PM
I totally agree. I took a break from the game and when I came back i found a forum I never noticed before, fishing, and facilities. At first it took me a while to figure it all out and when I would ask at the market what fishing was nobody would answer. Does it really hurt to respond when your standing around waiting for a job?

Also I only have 1 farm since I am not at a high enough level yet to get another one and even if I wanted to I have a hard time parting with all that money. So I always have a HUGE field of pineapples to earn more coins so I can buy second farm without being broke after. When I hire someone to harvest and plow, they either leave without saying they dont want to plow so I have to go to the market to hire again or leave without saying thank you and I find it so rude. It almost makes me not want to hire others. I even say thank you when they are done for all the hard work they do on MY farm. I don't think it is hard to say thank you before you leave even if you dont wait for a reply back.

The other thing that I find really rude is people in the market saying over and over again that they want solo work. REALLY?? Don't we all? But shouldn't you just be greatful for any work you get? Well, that could be why the whole time I was there, selling my stuff then trying to find someone decent to hire, he didn't get one job! LoL thats what he gets for being greedy!

MebeMrS
Jul 13 2010, 06:05 PM
I hear you.

On the very few occasions I hire, I look/wait for someone who actually says they want to harvest and plow.

Otherwise I ask for someone who wants to plow solo.

I remember the days of "fighting" with other erratic harvesters and plowers who who seemed like they were so in need of every patch they could get..... like it was real money. I would just leave, because there is/was always work to do.

When my neighbors needed more $$ or pts, I would wait till they were on, and give them the work. Now we are practically all at level 100, yet we still help each other when we can.

Rude people should be banned to the other farm**** for a month.:D

msinformation
Jul 13 2010, 10:34 PM
I guess i am "super" not so smart lol I can not figure out how to post that i need facility workers? Thanks for any help :)

Nicks_Mommy
Jul 14 2010, 12:02 AM
I guess i am "super" not so smart lol I can not figure out how to post that i need facility workers? Thanks for any help :)

Well, I didn't know you could do that so I would really like to know also!:D:D

suenew
Jul 18 2010, 09:03 AM
Is it just me or have others noticed , no please or thankyou when you help on a crop it makes me so angry .:mad:

Cookie01
Jul 18 2010, 09:05 AM
I agree. I always say 'please and thank you' whether I'm hiring or helping. :)

RN2GO
Jul 18 2010, 09:17 AM
I'm sure there are people who just don't say please and thank you, but the chat box is far from perfect. I always say please and thank you, but sometimes I thank a farmer who isn't there. When they do show up they don't know I've thanked them for work.

Other times I hit send when the farmer shows up - and my thank you never shows up in the chat box. By the time I realize it the farmer has left again.

Given that I know sometimes it appears that I lack manners, I give others the benefit of the doubt and assume that they, too, are polite and blame the chat feature.

Indigo Rose
Jul 18 2010, 09:32 AM
Oh don't get me started. LOL.

I have found such a big difference to hiring now as compared to 12 months ago.

If I can find a worker in the MP that wants to harvest and plow (not one or the other) they almost never say hello, thanks or bye. In fact a lot just never seem to finish a job. Harvest and leave or harvest partially then want to plow, ect, ect. I am so over hiring but sometimes I just don't feel like doing it and figure if someone is in the MP they must want to work but by geez I don't know, I have just about given up, do it nearly all myself as most my buddies don't play anymore.

countryboy007
Jul 18 2010, 09:38 AM
I've learned how to deal with this one. i only hire the ones who say please at the market. they are the ones who always say thank you while working. Then i add the good ones to my buddy list for later. Works for me. This way i don't have problems.

Angels Shangri-La
Jul 19 2010, 02:47 AM
Well, this is one of my pet hates, I now call it the Sharket Place. When I first started playing it was rare to come accross someone who didn't say please or thankyou. There were far more glitches with the game, especially timing out and loading. I always ask for someone to harvest AND plow, they harvest and disappear. Anyway, I still use my manners even if others don't.:)

BethFB
Jul 24 2010, 07:20 PM
I would usually go to the market place to get hired or to hire people to harvest and plow for me, and I say I need two people to harvest and plow for me. This is a combo job.

And for the most part, I get maybe four people wanting to do both for me. I only pick two even though there are four who want the jobs. I tell them thanks I got my two. Maybe another time. So that way, they know I may hire them at a later date.

But for the most part when I am hired to harvest, there's a few others harvesting at the same time and when that's done the employer who hired us to harvest never returns to give us a plowing job. I actually messaged the farmer stating that I would like to plow for him and I waited for him to return and when he did, he had hired others to do his plowing for him. He claimed he never saw the e-mail. I told him to look at the top of his farm where the experience points are located at, you see an envelope, it should have a red number on it. He saw it and apologized for not knowing what that was and he hired me to harvest and then plow another field for him, with him apologizing for not seeing the message.

I knew he didn't know what the envelope was so I forgave him and did my job that he hired me for.

But usually when I go into the MP now, its to hire people to harvest and plow for me and when I do not have crops to harvest, I do go to get hired or to sell my crops that I have. And I am polite about it too. I don't go SCREAMING FOR A BLOODY ARES JOB!

There are people in the MP, who would scream I want a job. And if you need someone to fish for you, you hire them, they see what their job is and poof, they vanish on you. When you return to the MP to get a replacement hire, that person is there crying out I need a job, no fishing! Well, if that person didn't want to fish, all they had to say was I need a job but please no fishing, I wouldn't have hired them in that case. I think people there seem to forget their manners and is demanding of jobs and yet when you give them a job, no matter what it is, they either vanish on you or they tell you in a snotty way that this is not what I want to do and then vanish on you before you could even counter their comment.

I love polite people in the market place, 100% of the time, I'll hire them to harvest/plow my fields.

Beth

snow_angel
Jul 24 2010, 09:23 PM

When you click on 'whats pending' on your facility on the upper left click on 'produce faster' then it will post on your wall so your neighbors can help

s-money
Jul 25 2010, 01:07 PM
I'm finding it's a lot harder now to hire people than it used to be. I feel like more people are at the MP to hire than to work. And when someone says they DO want a job, I try to click on them and they get hired out from under me.

I'm also starting to get sick of going to the MP just to hire people, and before I can, I have people offering ME jobs, then I have to click that I'm not interested and maybe I lose my window to hire the person that said they're looking. Because usually you have to click them the split second they say so or someone beats you to the punch.

Don't know if this was discussed (can I really be expected to read all 48 pages of this thread?) but if the powers that be happen to see this, I think a better system would be a job board. Post the job(s) you have available and people can see what's there and take the jobs they want. Job seekers would probably still have to scramble for work, but at least there would be less hassle for employers.

Venzulu
Jul 25 2010, 05:57 PM
With all the work that is needing done on my farms, which is pretty constant, my neighbors know if they need extra coin or products for their facilities. they can find it through me and vice versa. The only use I have for the MP is to sell items.

I've never had to hire anyone from the market place and don't think with all the friends I have, would really ever need to.

I have bought all the facilities that require FC, all the ones with coins and have all farms maxed out in space. My friends and I usually work our farms around the same time everyday and we chat and have fun, while helping each other out.

People at the MP are really hard to hire and the ones trying to hire me I let know that my sole purpose for being there is to sell. I wish there was a way to sell with out everyone wanting things, makes it hard to sell with a lot of disruption.

Bellegarath
Jul 28 2010, 10:45 AM
I find it A LOT easier to put myself offline before going to the mp to sell my prods. It's the green icon at the upper right of your screen, in case you didn't know.

I've gotten so sick of hiring people only to have them do a half-assed job or disappear after doing half a field that I just harvest & plow myself...

clogger
Jul 28 2010, 10:58 AM
Going offline to sell products at the MP, works great. Thanks whoever suggested it.

tgray
Jul 28 2010, 08:03 PM
With all the work that is needing done on my farms, which is pretty constant, my neighbors know if they need extra coin or products for their facilities. they can find it through me and vice versa. The only use I have for the MP is to sell items.

I've never had to hire anyone from the market place and don't think with all the friends I have, would really ever need to.

I have bought all the facilities that require FC, all the ones with coins and have all farms maxed out in space. My friends and I usually work our farms around the same time everyday and we chat and have fun, while helping each other out.

People at the MP are really hard to hire and the ones trying to hire me I let know that my sole purpose for being there is to sell. I wish there was a way to sell with out everyone wanting things, makes it hard to sell with a lot of disruption.

When you go into the MP to sell you can click on the plug icon (between the wrench and question mark) at the top and go offline. No one in the MP will see you then and you can go about your business with no interuptions. That's what I do (after seeing it suggested in a post on the forum) and it works great.

_anu_
Jul 28 2010, 10:01 PM
Problem:

A-hole players that spam the market place with UNSOLICITED hire requests because they are too lazy/too rude/too inconsiderate/etc to follow any decency to type a simple request like "Hiring harvesters" in the main chat window.

I'm tired of going to the market place and being bombarbed with unsolicited hire requests as soon as i enter the market place.

I'm tired of trying to hire farmers and receiving unsolicited hire requests.

I'm tired of going to the market place, running to a corner of the market place to avoid "a-hole hirers" and still receiving unsolicited hire requests. The barstools deliberately do it.

I'm tired of not being able to ignore "a-hole hirers" because they are too quick. They spam the market place with hire requests, then get as many as they can, then they leave.

Solution 1:
The solution to the problem is so simple it begs the question "WHY havent the developers implemented it".

Process-
- farmer clicks map, selects market place
- popup is displayed, farmer is displayed with the following options:
- I want to hire (farmer selects and enters market place)
- i want to work (farmer selects and is presented with a popup containing the following options)
-- I want to harvest Crops and Trees
-- I want to harvest Crops and flowers
-- I want to harvest crops
-- I want to plow
-- I want to fish

The farmers that want to hire enter the market place with a 'H' (for identification purposes) on over either their head or overalls.

The farmers that want work enter the market place with either a symbol/image or letter of which work they want. ie a plower will have a letter 'P' or a image of a plow over their head or on their overall.

A few exceptions wrapped around it, ie a hirer cant be hired, etc.

Solution 2:
Download and use farm tools that automatically plow/seed/harvest. (and they exist) Why have a market place at all. Much easier to avoid all the problems with the marketplace. Who cares if you dont get extra earnings or reduced plowing costs from hiring, the trade off is not having to deal with the marketplace.

hornetfish
Jul 29 2010, 04:57 AM
This has happened twice in two days...
I go to the market place to hire a harvester.
I hire one but no 'great, I'll go with you' message appears and the employees avatar disappears from the MP.
So I hire someone else. When we both get to my farm, a minute or two later, the original employee shows up.

How can the first employee arrive at the farm AFTER the second employee arrives? Are they going to do another job first?

I'd love to know the answer as it's a bit embarrasing to have 2 harvesters on a titchy field!
Thank you
Hornetfish

Tony D
Jul 29 2010, 05:19 AM
Solution 2:
Download and use farm tools that automatically plow/seed/harvest. (and they exist) Why have a market place at all. Much easier to avoid all the problems with the marketplace. Who cares if you dont get extra earnings or reduced plowing costs from hiring, the trade off is not having to deal with the marketplace.
Hi ,just a comment on Solution 2 ... This is from the T.O.S.

4C. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc., that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the SlashKey.Com servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser.

Deb NZ
Jul 29 2010, 05:56 AM
This has happened twice in two days...
I go to the market place to hire a harvester.
I hire one but no 'great, I'll go with you' message appears and the employees avatar disappears from the MP.
So I hire someone else. When we both get to my farm, a minute or two later, the original employee shows up.

How can the first employee arrive at the farm AFTER the second employee arrives? Are they going to do another job first?

I'd love to know the answer as it's a bit embarrasing to have 2 harvesters on a titchy field!
Thank you
Hornetfish

Yes the first person you hired has already accepted another job when he/she gets there she weighs up whether the crop is worth doing and if she decides not, having held your hire request on her screen, she then accepts yours and arrives late at your place.

dbobicic
Jul 29 2010, 02:19 PM
i hired worker to harvest only penaut and sugarcane for me and i told him do harvest only that and he harvested that and a lot of grapes that i was saving for my friend to harvest and get some later i want to be able to fire people that have bad behavior and dont want to listen to me :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

JAS0643
Jul 29 2010, 02:30 PM
i hired worker to harvest only penaut and sugarcane for me and i told him do harvest only that and he harvested that and a lot of grapes that i was saving for my friend to harvest and get some later i want to be able to fire people that have bad behavior and dont want to listen to me :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If you don't want something harvested by someone get the crops you want harvested harvested before the other crops come in or let your friend harvest everything. I don't like it when people want to control their hires in this way, if you are saving your crops for someone else they can harvest everything then. If you hire me to harvest for you I'm going to harvest everything that is ready to harvest if you don't want that don't hire me.

I know a lot of people probably will not agree with me but we have 5 farms now if someone wants to plant something for a friend they have 5 farms to choose from plant one farm with that crop and the other 4 with other stuff. I just see people doing stuff like this as a way of controlling people in the game and I just don't agree with that at all.

dbobicic
Jul 29 2010, 02:42 PM
If you don't want something harvested by someone get the crops you want harvested harvested before the other crops come in or let your friend harvest everything. I don't like it when people want to control their hires in this way, if you are saving your crops for someone else they can harvest everything then. If you hire me to harvest for you I'm going to harvest everything that is ready to harvest if you don't want that don't hire me.

I know a lot of people probably will not agree with me but we have 5 farms now if someone wants to plant something for a friend they have 5 farms to choose from plant one farm with that crop and the other 4 with other stuff. I just see people doing stuff like this as a way of controlling people in the game and I just don't agree with that at all.
ok thank you i would never do this again but what about that pool whit farm cash would be easier ways to get FC like fishing please answer in the name of all players

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 29 2010, 02:50 PM
ok thank you i would never do this again but what about that pool whit farm cash would be easier ways to get FC like fishing please answer in the name of all players
I'm not sure what you are talking about...JAS has no control over things like that, she's just a regular user like you :)

Drexa
Jul 29 2010, 02:53 PM
This may be a silly question, but it kind of bothers me. I had a harvester ask me several times to click her head. She left when I didn't. Is there some reason to click somebody's head????

crafty chris
Jul 29 2010, 03:35 PM
This may be a silly question, but it kind of bothers me. I had a harvester ask me several times to click her head. She left when I didn't. Is there some reason to click somebody's head????

not that i know of ... well none that i can repeat in here lol

dbobicic
Jul 29 2010, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure what you are talking about...JAS has no control over things like that, she's just a regular user like you :)

ok but would be another ways to earn those farm dollars :confused::confused:

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 29 2010, 07:47 PM
ok but would be another ways to earn those farm dollars :confused::confused:

Go to the "earn coins" tab and there are offers.

HelenJS22
Jul 29 2010, 08:53 PM

As has been said over and over again, those offers for earning Farm Cash are very few and far between for our Aussie farms and for our most recent 'app of the week' we were given ONE farm cash dollar. It must be so disappointing for those who can't afford to buy farm cash when they see that they can buy an Oast and Malt house, but then discover that the brewery will cost them $33 in farm cash which will take them months to accrue if they can't buy some.

Surely they could arrange to have some more facilities that work like the red windmill and the stone mill, so that more people have a chance to buy those facilities even if they don't work as efficiently.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 29 2010, 09:49 PM
As has been said over and over again, those offers for earning Farm Cash are very few and far between for our Aussie farms and for our most recent 'app of the week' we were given ONE farm cash dollar. It must be so disappointing for those who can't afford to buy farm cash when they see that they can buy an Oast and Malt house, but then discover that the brewery will cost them $33 in farm cash which will take them months to accrue if they can't buy some.

Surely they could arrange to have some more facilities that work like the red windmill and the stone mill, so that more people have a chance to buy those facilities even if they don't work as efficiently.

Yeah but at least they have a chance to pick up a few FC which is why I mentioned it. Don't take it out on me, talk to Super Rewards :)

HelenJS22
Jul 29 2010, 10:27 PM
Yeah but at least they have a chance to pick up a few FC which is why I mentioned it. Don't take it out on me, talk to Super Rewards :)

Sorry, I don't intend it as 'taking it out' on anyone. I have just seen new players within my group get all excited when told by mods to 'go to the earn coins' tab to earn farm cash only to find that the reality and the illusion given are two different things.

As for Super Rewards, they don't want to know. No one can convince me that there is not some connection between them and the Farm Town team, yet the farm town team constantly charge very high amounts of farm cash when put into the perspective of what can actually be earned through super rewards.

I know that many of us can afford to buy some farm cash (as I do), but there are also a lot of older people on pensions who just simply have to keep their priorities in order and can't afford what they see as a luxury, and this is a shame for them. I'm certainly not saying that the 'earn cash' section should cover the total of buying all facilities, but a little more balance between super rewards and the farm town team would be a good thing. Not all of those disadvantaged players have relatives playing who are happy to gift them some farm cash or facilities.

I have to say it was major fun for me to send a flower shop to my elderly neighbour,then wait till she went to bed, log in as her and go DELIVER her flower shop right slap bang into the middle of her farm for her to find the next morning. She is 84, loves her farm, but stretches her pension a long way and it does not reach to buying farm cash.

Tony D
Jul 29 2010, 10:33 PM
I have to say it was major fun for me to send a flower shop to my elderly neighbour,then wait till she went to bed, log in as her and go DELIVER her flower shop right slap bang into the middle of her farm for her to find the next morning. She is 84, loves her farm, but stretches her pension a long way and it does not reach to buying farm cash. Ya big sweetie ;)

Gotta love the Aussies.

P.S. Did I mention I am a 87 y.o. pens............ :eek:

HelenJS22
Jul 29 2010, 10:46 PM
Ya big sweetie ;)

Gotta love the Aussies.

P.S. Did I mention I am a 87 y.o. pens............ :eek:

Funny Tony, I could have sworn you told me a few weeks ago that you were a spring chicken of 51 !!! and I'm sure Aussie 87 year olds aren't being forced to go out to work .... yet. Better luck next time.

I have been going to ask if we could have some cricket wickets for our farms, but wondered if our beloved American developers would know what cricket wickets are. Oh well ..... last night my friend had to go out and asked me to harvest her farm for her, and she specifically asked me if I would 'be nice to her gnomes'.

When she got back she found her much loved gnomes having a ball - well they didn't exactly have the ball, but I had turned one of her farms into a cricket oval complete with pitch with white chalk lines, wheely bins for the wickets, and an entire team of gnomes playing cricket. I think she is still laughing her head off and the cricket pitch is still going. We were playing on our farms at 1.00am this morning furiously running our little avatars between the wickets. Oh, and the umpire is a leprechaun :D

Tony D
Jul 29 2010, 10:51 PM
Funny Tony, I could have sworn you told me a few weeks ago that you were a spring chicken of 51 !!! and I'm sure Aussie 87 year olds aren't being forced to go out to work .... yet. Better luck next time.

I have been going to ask if we could have some cricket wickets for our farms, but wondered if our beloved American developers would know what cricket wickets are. Oh well ..... last night my friend had to go out and asked me to harvest her farm for her, and she specifically asked me if I would 'be nice to her gnomes'.

When she got back she found her much loved gnomes having a ball - well they didn't exactly have the ball, but I had turned one of her farms into a cricket oval complete with pitch with white chalk lines, wheely bins for the wickets, and an entire team of gnomes playing cricket. I think she is still laughing her head off and the cricket pitch is still going. We were playing on our farms at 1.00am this morning furiously running our little avatars between the wickets. Oh, and the umpire is a leprechaun :DSounds like fun -Maybe you could have invited one of the Mods to be the Umpire :D *Vanishes*

HelenJS22
Jul 29 2010, 11:05 PM
Sounds like fun -Maybe you could have invited one of the Mods to be the Umpire :D *Vanishes*

LOL We did ask my husband if he wanted to bring his little avatar from his farm to come and bowl for us, but for some strange reason he rolled his eyes at me and enquired as to the state of my mental health at 1.00am in the morning :D

dbobicic
Jul 30 2010, 10:20 AM

i only have 2 offers in a month so tell programmers to make at least 1 free easy way to get farm cash

Cookie01
Jul 30 2010, 10:35 AM
I wondered if the Devs might consider giving FC for people when they harvest FC facilities. It might increase the number of people who work on facilities. :)

dbobicic
Jul 30 2010, 10:52 AM
I wondered if the Devs might consider giving FC for people when they harvest FC facilities. It might increase the number of people who work on facilities. :)

i agree whit you that would be great idea
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 30 2010, 12:10 PM
i only have 2 offers in a month so tell programmers to make at least 1 free easy way to get farm cash

Devs have no control over the offers, it is Super Rewards that does.