PDA

View Full Version : Discussions about Hiring and Hiring Practices

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

bentit
Aug 14 2010, 05:29 AM
Its seems to be getting harder to hire ppl to harvest and plow, either they just want to harvest or just want to plow or they dont answer your request at all.
the farms are getting bigger and take longer to harvest and plow and I dont blame ppl giving up half way through a job as its starting to get time consuming.

my suggestion is make harvesting and plowing quicker by being able to harvest and plow 4 squares at a time like we can do on our own farms.

:)

fruit crush
Aug 14 2010, 05:41 AM
Hey..:)

I agree with you totally.. I have a different problem and finding to post it really difficult. These past two weeks iv'e lost 900,000 coins because my harvest isn't bringing in any coins !!!
Ive tried my daughters, grandson & my cousin are having the same problem so at the moment i cant play but i miss the game :/

Can anyone help ?

Sheryl R.
Aug 14 2010, 09:46 AM
Someone told me a while back about going offline. There a little plug connected button at the top that puts you offline when pressed. It works super great for when you are just trying to sell your products.

As far as going to hire someone I always go behind the stand and get as far down out of site as I can. You can do that with the selling as well.

I've pretty much gotten a bit upset with the market lately and to me it's just easier to do it myself. I can use the harvester and the plow at 4x and get it done quicker. Granted it does cost a bit more in coins for plowing but giving the annoyance with the market place and trying to find someone to actually work, Does it really matter. Easier is good. LOL

LoreneC
Aug 14 2010, 09:56 AM
Every time I go to the marketplace looking for workers, people are constantly trying to hire me. I always ask them to not try to hire me since I'm not looking for work but they're extremely inconsiderate. It's very irritating and takes away from my enjoyment of the game. It would be ideal to find a way to separate the "hirers" from the "hirees" to simplify the process. I've been trying to find someone to work on my farm for the past half hour! I miss the old tree hugger thread...got some amazing workers from there.

I hide behind the tent.

You need to keep in mind new people coming in did not see your request to not be hired so they don't know.

Hopefully the devs will come up with a way to separate the marketplace.

Also, I always go to offline mode to sell.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Aug 14 2010, 09:59 AM
i hide under the tent no one can click you there

Ginasue1
Aug 14 2010, 10:03 AM
I'm the same. I get away from the crowd, over to one side, when I go to sell.

Corn Cob Pete
Aug 14 2010, 10:35 AM
I find it irritating that a lot people that DONT want to be hired are standing front and center in the most visible place and they aren't sending any messages about why the are there. They just stand there looking like they want to be hired.

It seems logical that if you want to be hired, stand in a very visible place and send frequent messages that you want to be hired. To ge hired, someone has to click on you. So logically, those wanting to be hired need to be visible so someone can click on them.

If you are looking to hire, hide yourself and send frequent messages that you are wanting to hire someone. You don't have to be front and center for you message to be seen. It will still show up in the chat window at the bottom. When you are hiring, no one has to click on you, so stay out of the way.

Either way, the important thing is to send frequent messages about why you are there. Don't just stand there and expect people to automatically know what you want and then get irritated when they guess wrong.

LoreneC
Aug 14 2010, 10:58 AM
I find it irritating that a lot people that DONT want to be hired are standing front and center in the most visible place and they aren't sending any messages about why the are there. They just stand there looking like they want to be hired.

I have noticed that too.:rolleyes:

servocrow
Aug 14 2010, 11:21 AM
I just started going offline; much easier..especially if I don't have time to be hired by someone. I never refuse jobs even if I forget; it's just sometimes I just don't have the time.

I feel bad for people who hire and then once the employees get to their farm....THEY LEAVE. Many times, I've been the last one harvesting, plowing, or fishing because the "crop" wasn't "good enough" for the employee (OR INSERT REASON HERE).

Going offline is best if you are just there to sell, click the plug...sell...return to your farm, and click back online.

Easy-peasy.

JAS0643
Aug 14 2010, 11:43 AM
I think some of yall need to re-read the op. The OP is talking about trying to hire someone and other sending her hire request. Going to the market in offline mode will not fix that problem for her because there wouldn't be anyone in the mp for her to hire. As for splitting the mp up I don't know how you could separate the people looking to hire from the ones wanting work they need to be in the same place.

LoreneC
Aug 14 2010, 01:20 PM
I think some of yall need to re-read the op. The OP is talking about trying to hire someone and other sending her hire request. Going to the market in offline mode will not fix that problem for her because there wouldn't be anyone in the mp for her to hire. As for splitting the mp up I don't know how you could separate the people looking to hire from the ones wanting work they need to be in the same place.

The only thing you can split up is having a market to hire/be hired and a separate one to sell.

I realize going in offline to sell (to keep the market from being so crowded) sounds basic to those of us who visit here and know to go offline, but most players don't come here, so separate markets could help quite a bit.

missladyhawke
Aug 14 2010, 01:25 PM
Lately I've been having problems with hiring someone and then not getting the confirmation and then I hire someone else and then I have two people doing it and my farm isn't really that big. Anyone else having that too?

JAS0643
Aug 14 2010, 01:28 PM
The only thing you can split up is having a market to hire/be hired and a separate one to sell.

I realize going in offline to sell (to keep the market from being so crowded) sounds basic to those of us who visit here and know to go offline, but most players don't come here, so separate markets could help quite a bit.

The point of my post was to point out that the op was not selling stuff in the market or even talking about selling stuff in the market yet everyone was like just go there in offline mode. Going there in offline mode would do her no good since she would be in an empty market place so there would be no one there for her to hire. The op said this in her post.

It would be ideal to find a way to separate the "hirers" from the "hirees" to simplify the process.

I was just pointing out that I don't see how that is possible to do in the game.

MissChaz
Aug 14 2010, 02:16 PM
Standing behind the tent where no one can click on you, is your best option for trying to hire someone without being spammed with hires into oblivion lol. It works for me just fine.

Vik
Aug 15 2010, 03:33 AM
I hire someone to harvest from the marketplace because no friend or buddy is online, we go to my farm I tell them "I have 5 farms for you to harvest" they harvest the first farm and then I get "thanks" and they leave!!!!!!! :mad:

Today I have hired 6 people to harvest and plow 5 farms, I even stated in the market place I had 5 farms to harvest solo and the first 2 people only harvested 1 farm thanked me and left!!!!!

MissChaz
Aug 15 2010, 04:38 AM
You would love me to work for you then! Its hard to find someone who will allow you to harvest/plow and solo all their farms....Come to my farm and leave me a note and when I'm on I will add you as a buddy and you can call on me anytime! :)

Hornyroo
Aug 15 2010, 05:06 AM
u know what i hate more? the ones who demand to work SOLO only.. when your trying to get 5 farms harvested, you want it done quick.. im thinking those greedy little suckers miss out on a lot of work, ir efuse to hire them.... or sometimes i hire them and watch themleave in a huff... idiots

ghostkitten
Aug 15 2010, 06:01 AM
Oh I know how u feel.....Or you hire to harvest then plow and after harvesting you hire to plow and you get "no thanks"....To many ppl on top level who just want the crops and don't want the xps.....

krbrown2000
Aug 15 2010, 06:08 AM
Not everyone has time to harvest and plow five farms. And sometimes other things happen. The phone rings...the baby wakes up...you never know, so I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I hire someone to harvest from the marketplace because no friend or buddy is online, we go to my farm I tell them "I have 5 farms for you to harvest" they harvest the first farm and then I get "thanks" and they leave!!!!!!! :mad:

Today I have hired 6 people to harvest and plow 5 farms, I even stated in the market place I had 5 farms to harvest solo and the first 2 people only harvested 1 farm thanked me and left!!!!!

Angels Shangri-La
Aug 15 2010, 06:28 AM

I couldn't find anyone at all today, so did it myself. I got fed up asking. Usually the mornings in Aus are OK, especially on weekdays. But today.......:)

Vik
Aug 15 2010, 07:12 AM
@ krbrown...... even if i give the person plenty of information about how much i have to harvest and ASK if they would like to do it all themselves or not...... i get some that say yes and some that say no, some don't reply until they have finished the first farm, but the majority say nothing just a "thanks" at the end and leave....... this is what annoys me the most. it is not too hard to press a couple of buttons N O two litle buttons!!! then i could leave them there and find someone else.

@angels, i have heard the mornings are better but i don't have time in the mornings to farm. I usually do my farming from about 8pm SA time.....

if any one wants to add me for a neighbour just put farmtown in the message..... if you like to harvest solo or i am happy to help out on others farms

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=735915319

Ginasue1
Aug 15 2010, 07:43 PM
I went to the Market place tonight, Tried to hire 4 different people to plow for me, not a one of them excepted.
I remember when any job you could get, you grabbed.

Prada
Aug 15 2010, 08:44 PM
I have trouble hiring at the market and when I do finally are able after 4 or 5 attempt , they refuse to harvest if it's not pineapples. fields of pineapples aren't as popular now with all the facilities , we have to plant smaller paying items and they don't like it . tuff !. I will harvest my own stuff and plow too .
it's their loss.
If they do come and harvest there is no more "thanks for the work "" or Hi
they just harvest and leave without a dang word . how rude !!!!!
so... I've given up on all of them .

Ginasue1
Aug 15 2010, 10:59 PM
Prada, now and then you get someone who will thank you. I always thank the person who I work for.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Aug 16 2010, 06:35 AM
Prada, now and then you get someone who will thank you. I always thank the person who I work for.

it used to happen all the time people will thank you for the work.. now i barley see it.. i like to thank my workers for helping me out since i usualy sit in the market begging for workers i let them know the crop before so they know what they are getting.. when we get to the farm i say thanks for helping me on my farm.. used to get a your welcome, thank you or some variation.. but now its mainly oh your welcome.... i appreciate the your welcome but a thanks back would be nice.. not that that effects my game play just a little random kindness makes you smile lol

angloswiss
Aug 17 2010, 06:28 AM
Must amit I havn't read everything here, so apologies if this is repeated. I usually go once a day at least to hire someone to harvest, and also to plow. I stand on the market place and usually wait until someone speaks up. Wold add I also go to the market place to work and do the job offered.

I find most people are polite, say thankyou after a job and I always ask if it is ok to plow after harvesting. After all it is not a matter of life and death, but a game, and being friendly and polite doesn' cost anything.

Just would explain, I have 5 farms, but I do not plant one crop on each farm. spread it a bit for logistic reasons - you know keep the facilities going.

today I hired a girl to harvest and she stood on my farm, did a couple of plots and suddenly said "f**k off I am here to earn money. Being polite I told her no problem and added have a nice day. She then mumbled some sort of apology that her sister intervened or whatever. Didn't really interest me.

Actually she could have earned a lot if she had stayed, because I had quite a few different interesting crops to harvest.

Luckily I found afterwards one of the politer types who was happy to harvest on the five farms here and there and even plowed.

So what is this about. After all it doesn't cost money to be nice, and I thought it was a game.

lllovell
Aug 17 2010, 09:50 AM
Lately I've been having problems with hiring someone and then not getting the confirmation and then I hire someone else and then I have two people doing it and my farm isn't really that big. Anyone else having that too?

This has happened to me a good bit lately. I hire people and dont get the pop up window saying they have accepted. I try to hire in the early a.m. east coast USA time and it is difficult. I tend to give up and go to do it myself and then find someone harvesting when I didn't think I had gotten anyone to accept. I do try not to overhire, so it is an issue.

POD
Aug 17 2010, 11:05 AM
I share your annoyance angloswiss. I too have 5 farms and am amazed at the number of times someone begs for work only to abandon my farms mid harvesting. 5 full farms of crops and plowing can often mean a full level move.

But it is only a game . Ho hum :)

KC8TCQ
Aug 17 2010, 12:20 PM
When I first stated playing, it seems that eeryone wanted to plow only so they could get experience points. Then it went to everyone wants to harvest only. Lately (last few weeks) I have had one heck of a hard time finding anyone who wants to work. seems like the market is filled with people who want to hire, and people selling their goods.

My personal preference in hiring is to hire one person to harvest and plow. I hate listening to people bicker ovr who gets to harvest what or who got to do more plots.

I do have one question, I haven't seen it posted in the forum and I have done a search, but maybe I missed it. Why is it some people want me to hire them twice for plowing, they say it makes it faster?

Miz Lisa
Aug 17 2010, 12:58 PM
I do have one question, I haven't seen it posted in the forum and I have done a search, but maybe I missed it. Why is it some people want me to hire them twice for plowing, they say it makes it faster?

Hiring twice gets rid of the plow icon, making it so that you're just using your pointer to plow and not having that lag of the icon needing to be lined up, or jumping to a spot.

I *heart* plowing without the icon.

casperchris1
Aug 17 2010, 08:17 PM
I have a question....Did they take out being able to hire a second time on the same person? Example....I hired first time, get square and hired second time get pointer. I am having troubles getting the square off with the new update. Is anyone having that problem? Getting rid of the icons whether harvesting or ploughing makes it go faster. I have troubles going fast with the square sliding everywhere but where my mouse pointer is.
I have all my 5 farms with crops and some with a lot. Can someone help me?

Tony D
Aug 18 2010, 03:01 AM
I have a question....Did they take out being able to hire a second time on the same person? Example....I hired first time, get square and hired second time get pointer. I am having troubles getting the square off with the new update. Is anyone having that problem? Getting rid of the icons whether harvesting or ploughing makes it go faster. I have troubles going fast with the square sliding everywhere but where my mouse pointer is.
I have all my 5 farms with crops and some with a lot. Can someone help me?Hi , as I understand it this was a glitch and the glitch has been fixed in the last update.

HelenJS22
Aug 18 2010, 03:31 AM
Hi , as I understand it this was a glitch and the glitch has been fixed in the last update.

LOL - now that's funny. That was a 'glitch' that we all liked, so it's been fixed, but there are other 'glitches' that we want fixed and they aren't :(

Vivienne57
Aug 18 2010, 04:46 AM

Yeah I always thank people too...I hate it when you hire someone and they don't speak a word and then just disappear. It might only be a game but manners are free!!!!

DianaRo
Aug 18 2010, 05:08 AM
I went to the Market place tonight, Tried to hire 4 different people to plow for me, not a one of them excepted.
I remember when any job you could get, you grabbed.

Hi,

Hi I been refussing cause prob with mouse, running all over place, does it;s own thing.
I ask for buddie, but they don't want, I need buddie to get back to farm, when mouse pulls me out. So easier to just decline right now!!!

So not don't want to, just have to wait for fix this Lap Top, this was new Jan this year, never work right. Del wouldn't give me new one.; But new one supose to be here about the 27th, I orderd new HP Lap Top, they stand behind their warrenty. Enough for spouting off of things Slash Key can't fix! LoL

Might not be don't want too, might be can't right now, so don't give up!!! ;-)

Diana ;-)
Happy Farming

"Miss LittleLake Farms,"
Facebook
Level 115
Trophy 15

sherdi the sower
Aug 18 2010, 05:14 AM
We need a different place to sell our harvests. When I'm selling, I don't notice someone trying to hire me. I have trouble getting someone to work also. By the time I can send a request, they're already gone!

Gordy100
Aug 18 2010, 09:27 AM
I agree that we need to have the option of harvesting/plowing either 1, 2 or 4 squares at a time. It gets time consuming and monotonous to do it one at a time.

Gordy100
Level 58
add me as a neighbour? (http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1301060809)

Old Goat
Aug 18 2010, 09:35 AM
I have trouble hiring at the market and when I do finally are able after 4 or 5 attempt , they refuse to harvest if it's not pineapples. fields of pineapples aren't as popular now with all the facilities , we have to plant smaller paying items and they don't like it . tuff !. I will harvest my own stuff and plow too .
it's their loss.
If they do come and harvest there is no more "thanks for the work "" or Hi
they just harvest and leave without a dang word . how rude !!!!!
so... I've given up on all of them .
Don't give up on them. My wife and I have both hired a lot at the marketplace and although what you say is true we have ended up with some great neighbors and friends from hiring there. It was worth it to weed out the bad from the good.

tanniew78
Aug 18 2010, 12:50 PM
Anyone else with this problem today? I click on my seeder and just 1 plot highlights. I wondered if anyone else has had this problem.

clogger
Aug 18 2010, 12:58 PM
Check to make sure you checked Remove Space Between Fields in the Preference section.
Look at the top right of your screen to find to icon that looks like a wrench.
Click it and see what you have set as preferences.

That icon is also where you choose to show/hide trees, flowers, buildings.

spevak@mho.com
Aug 18 2010, 12:59 PM
Before levels were added when we plowed if we hired a person twice it took away the red plow box which made it much easier and faster for plowing now it does not work. Please get rid of the red plow box it makes it so much easier.

Gordy100
Aug 18 2010, 02:31 PM
I agree. You can treat the hiring process as a "trial period" and if you get on great with the person, add them as friends & neighbours. I have made some wonderful friends on here who just so happen to play all the same games as I do. :D

JAS0643
Aug 18 2010, 02:45 PM
Before levels were added when we plowed if we hired a person twice it took away the red plow box which made it much easier and faster for plowing now it does not work. Please get rid of the red plow box it makes it so much easier.

To me the box not being makes it harder to plow so I hope they don't get rid of the plow box. Not everyone hated it.

Roozter
Aug 18 2010, 03:02 PM
I have the same issues with hiring as most of you! I find it ends up taking longer to hire others who will actually DO the work than it does to do it for myself. Now that I can afford to do it that way, that is :o.

Seems the game is a microcosm of real society...too many people don't really want to work, or the job isn't good enough, only want solo, pineapples, etc.

The biggest problem is with fishing which almost nobody wants to do! I have lots of water features that can provide a good income, but one person sent me a message, after dumping the job he had accepted, & told me he would see me when I had tuna...not likely, lol.

So, if anyone wants to fish regularly send me a message.
I'm going on vacation, but will respond after returning.

Thanks & good luck with the hiring.

Phaedra
Aug 18 2010, 03:15 PM
I get a message that I should visit my neighbor who has been hit by a tornado and their farm needs to be cleaned up. Or they are away and the wind has blown in leaves to be raked. OK. I get a few coin for it. No big deal. I'd rather get coin for harvesting their crops. Most of my neighbors are seldom online when I am. I do interact with them and help them out... if I'm not busy...and they are the same. but if that little fellow came in and said that nabor Jim's cotton is about to go to waste. Will you help him harvest....and of course nabor Jim has already approved neighborly help, his crops don't waste, I get coin, and we could 'add' the option to plow after harvest.
As to those people who prefer to work solo....I don't have a problem with that. I've worked on small farms with three and four people who don't pay attention and get right on top of you. And there's a whole field somewhere else to be harvested. But they want my field. shrug. A lot of people object to this. If the reason for more than one or two or even three workers is because no one repleid...and I've hired more than one person for that reason...then this is the issue that FT needs to address.
Also, Sally ask for harvesters for her pineapples. She sends me a hire request and just as I move my mouse to click on it someone is asking me to fish for them. I don't fish in real life, why would I think it's fun in FT? FT Devs...please move the hire request so they don't stack on top of each other, or at least allow us to weed through them and get the original one we wanted.

Phaedra
Aug 18 2010, 03:20 PM
Standing behind the tent where no one can click on you, is your best option for trying to hire someone without being spammed with hires into oblivion lol. It works for me just fine.

You'd think that would work, but I've put myself behind the tent, and moved me waaaay up to the top of the screen (most people don't show the whole screen I don't think). I've even been hidden behind people who've moved in on top of me...and had someone send me a hire request.

If, on entering the market, there was a selection for 1) Selling Produce,
2) Looking for work, or 3) Hiring, and the avatar's name could be colored Red, Yellow, and Green, we might find things are a little easier.

For myself, this is the biggest issue I have with FT...well, there's one other, but I'm saving that one for another discussion.
WooHoo!! FT rocks.
JMO

CordeliaG
Aug 18 2010, 04:40 PM
Please get rid of that red box when plowing, it's very annoying and slows everything down. I always like to be hired twice and so do all the people who work for me.

If some people like it then make it so that 2 hires removes the box but if you want the box you need only be hired once.

Ginasue1
Aug 18 2010, 04:42 PM
The red box has been around since this game started. I'm so use to using it, that when someone double hired me, it took me a while to get use to not having it, and I found how to get it back easy.
Those of you who are whinning aobut it, really should have been playing from long ago.

piccpete
Aug 18 2010, 05:36 PM
I have another problem that I noticed since the upgrade The red/block for plowing does not disappear anymore with a double hiring. The harvest tool is harder to harvest now than it used to be.
What has happened to these 2 tools since they were fine before the upgrade. Both of them are frustrating to use now and soooo slowwww.

What happened, can you fix this back the way it was? Before this upgrade, the red / green blocks for plowing used to disappear with a second hire, making much easier to plow. We would like that feature (glitch?) back please! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!
:confused:
TY

grannyg
Aug 18 2010, 05:46 PM
What happened, can you fix this back the way it was? Before this upgrade, the red / green blocks for plowing used to disappear with a second hire, making much easier to plow. We would like that feature (glitch?) back please! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!
:confused:
TY

please put it back it was so much easier love the fertilizer x

desmiles
Aug 18 2010, 05:58 PM
Would it be possible to have the person being hired to pick which option they may want to use to harvest? The red box or the sickle? Personally I prefer the sickle.. Great game! Thanks much!

crafty chris
Aug 18 2010, 06:03 PM
Would it be possible to have the person being hired to pick which option they may want to use to harvest? The red box or the sickle? Personally I prefer the sickle.. Great game! Thanks much!

the red box is for plowing .. the sickle for harvesting ;)

desmiles
Aug 18 2010, 06:08 PM
I don't see you trying to hire me when I am selliing my goods until after I am done selling. Im not ignoring you. :)

I have a problem with being hired to plow and not being able to use the sickle any more and tonight, plowing was only giving coins and not the exp that is needed to level up.

I LOVE the game personally and kudos to the folks who work on all the problems for us "addicted" farmers.. Happy Farming folks! cya

tgray
Aug 18 2010, 06:34 PM
To me the box not being makes it harder to plow so I hope they don't get rid of the plow box. Not everyone hated it.

Most people hate or at least dislike the plow box. There are enough that like it though and it would be great if they could put an option in preferences so we could turn it on or off.

Karvan
Aug 18 2010, 07:54 PM
how do you hire someone to harvest that FT won't let you hire to harvest/plow...able to hire the individual with 2 other accts. with no problem...The individual can't hire me when their crops are ready, so what do I need to do...is there something I need to uncheck/check???

tinlug
Aug 18 2010, 08:55 PM
i agree we ned to be able to harvest and plow at other peoples farms faster but why is it still 4 blocks? Farmville is 9 block. I can only play for a certain amount of time and would love to be able to do more but cant due to the single block. Lets wake up and have a 9 or 4 block choice available on any farm your at

KnittyGirl
Aug 18 2010, 09:03 PM
We need a different place to sell our harvests. When I'm selling, I don't notice someone trying to hire me. I have trouble getting someone to work also. By the time I can send a request, they're already gone!

When you go to sell, just click your little green plug light, then you're selling off line and nobody knows you're there!! Click it back on when you're done.

GayFarmer
Aug 19 2010, 03:38 PM
I agree about the time it takes to harvest and plow. It's getting so time consuming and the fun level goes down. 4 or 9 fields (be it for harvesting or plowing) with 1 click will be great!

Ginasue1
Aug 19 2010, 04:01 PM
Most people hate or at least dislike the plow box. There are enough that like it though and it would be great if they could put an option in preferences so we could turn it on or off.

Not everyone hates or dislikes the plow box. Please there are some of us who don't mind it at all.

When you use it, your still using your mouse to click on the square, it's no differents at all on how you plow with it, it's just a box now around your mouse arrow. You don't have to have the box centered over the square,

Miz Lisa
Aug 19 2010, 04:12 PM
Not everyone hates or dislikes the plow box. Please there are some of us who don't mind it at all.

When you use it, your still using your mouse to click on the square, it's no differents at all on how you plow with it, it's just a box now around your mouse arrow. You don't have to have the box centered over the square,

Which is why a choice would be nice for already existing fields.

JanieLou
Aug 19 2010, 04:28 PM
I always thank people that hire me. Sometimes I have a hard time finding anyone to work at the marketplace. Will click on several and may get no answer at all. Quicker and easier to do it myself unless a neighbor is handy.

croyoangel
Aug 19 2010, 04:31 PM
i would like to see the devs use a small "p" for the plow tool instead of that ugly red/green box they currently use. if they can use a small 'f" to designate when a field has been fertilized, why can't the do the same with the plow tool. it would be less cumbersome and allow for faster plowing which it seems a lot of players are in favor of. I hope they consider this for the next update.

Lavenda
Aug 19 2010, 11:00 PM
how do you hire someone to harvest that FT won't let you hire to harvest/plow...able to hire the individual with 2 other accts. with no problem...The individual can't hire me when their crops are ready, so what do I need to do...is there something I need to uncheck/check???

hi there :) thi is the geneeral feedback section, if you have a problem you would like help with please post over in the Help section

Casey!!!
Aug 22 2010, 07:32 AM
Yes it is so annoying, people not wanting to work, I love working on other peoples farms, and am always grateful for the work I get, but when it comes to my farm, its very hard to get workers, or for them to do the job correctly. I hope this gets resolved soon!

FT is great and working other peoples farms and meeting people all over the world is what makes it so much better than FV! So come on!

gdboyer119
Aug 22 2010, 09:34 AM
One of the problems with people saying thank you is when they do get hired they go to the farm to do the work and maybe 1/8 of the farm needs to be done and there are 3-5 people hired to do it. meanwhile you may have lost a whole farm. that gets me angry and I wont thank the person. I ususally just leave. when i hire people i hire one person. and i let them do the whole farm and then go to the next farm with the same person. as long as they want to work i give them all they can do. I always start with my neighbors first. if there is no one on I go to my buddies. they have worked for me before and do a great job so i prefer to hire them. if no one is on then i go to the market. if i find a good person i add them to my buddy list for futre work. One thing we do need is a fireing button to get rid of those that are less desirable to have working on your farm. they dont follow instructions, wont do as you ask, make rude comments to you, or just go all over the place and make a mess. we should be able to get rid of them and hire someone else.

Casey!!!
Aug 22 2010, 10:02 PM
One of the problems with people saying thank you is when they do get hired they go to the farm to do the work and maybe 1/8 of the farm needs to be done and there are 3-5 people hired to do it. meanwhile you may have lost a whole farm. that gets me angry and I wont thank the person. I ususally just leave. when i hire people i hire one person. and i let them do the whole farm and then go to the next farm with the same person. as long as they want to work i give them all they can do. I always start with my neighbors first. if there is no one on I go to my buddies. they have worked for me before and do a great job so i prefer to hire them. if no one is on then i go to the market. if i find a good person i add them to my buddy list for future work. One thing we do need is a fireing button to get rid of those that are less desirable to have working on your farm. they dont follow instructions, wont do as you ask, make rude comments to you, or just go all over the place and make a mess. we should be able to get rid of them and hire someone else.

I agree, some hire to many people at the one time for a smaller job, I understand hiring an amount for the amount of work being done. And I do the same with the buddy list as well.

BrookeB
Aug 22 2010, 11:38 PM
And this is exactly why I harvest my own crops that are destined for facilities. I even do my own plowing. It's just too time-consuming to find someone from the MP. My neighbors are helpful... when they're online... but often it's simply faster to do the jobs myself. :o

Tony D
Aug 22 2010, 11:50 PM
And this is exactly why I harvest my own crops that are destined for facilities. I even do my own plowing. It's just too time-consuming to find someone from the MP. My neighbors are helpful... when they're online... but often it's simply faster to do the jobs myself. :oI must admit I still go to the Market Place , without the MP it would have taken me a lot longer to get to the higher levels , I try and help people by giving out work if they want/need it.

gdboyer119
Aug 23 2010, 11:15 AM
As I stated above. Going to the market place for me to hire someone is a last resort. When I find someone that is good and does a good job for me I add them as a buddy. I find that I rarely have to go to the MP to get help. I have around 30 people on my buddy list someone is almost always on. This also helps them moving up as well.

And Again I repeat....We need a fire button to get rid of people who are screw ups.

barfly
Aug 25 2010, 02:20 AM
I get tired of people ignoring me while theyre working. I ask them a question or tell them something and they just keep working. Finally when they're done they say, "Oh sorry I was in full screen mode."

HelenJS22
Aug 25 2010, 02:51 AM
I get tired of people ignoring me while theyre working. I ask them a question or tell them something and they just keep working. Finally when they're done they say, "Oh sorry I was in full screen mode."

There are a lot of older people playing farmtown for relaxation and the mental stimulation, but no longer have excellent eyesight. For some of them the only way they can successfully play is to do so in 'full screen mode'. It is not bad attitude, and no slight against you; it is simply the only way they can really enjoy the game they love. Please cut them some slack. :)

Tokeloshe
Aug 25 2010, 04:03 AM
I think the major problem in hiring is probably that there are not so many lower level people out there. It is much more exciting at a low level to be given a field of pineapples to go at than it is when you have millions in the bank.
Maybe we need to find a way of attracting more newbies to the game?

jeanieNGMsfarm
Aug 25 2010, 06:48 AM

you see when you are in full screen you cannot type back and allot of the times cant see the chat you see your neigbor list,. . i zoom in if im in full screen mode usualy only do it when im working on trees so seeing a talk bubble gets impossible...

many players use this option because its easier. especially for those who dont see to well or who have problems playing the game on the time screen that is regular mode

grandma_farm
Aug 25 2010, 11:39 AM
i seriously would like to suggest play farmtown FREE on the iphone so that we can play farmtown more easier like what farmville, and farm story did.;)

adinar
Aug 26 2010, 08:50 AM
I don't enjoy the abuse I receive for telling people that I won't hire them to plough - especially when I have a layered farm. I try to tell them that I don't see the use in it as it won't work, and even link them to the thread about layered farms, but they continue to abuse me. There are so many players on my ignore list that it's actually quite annoying. I'm always a very placid farmer; I do as I'm told, make idle conversation and politely request to plough afterwards - sometimes I refuse an offer to plough as I'm feeling particularly charitable and want the person I'm working with to get the exp from ploughing. I don't particularly need it, after all, it's just a nice little thing to fill my spare time. I can't understand some peoples' obsession with ploughing. It's just EXP, and there's no need to be rude over it. :rolleyes:

I personally usually only ever try to hire two to three people to harvest at my farm; however, when I hire people and don't get a response quickly [within thirty seconds to one minute], I go and hire the next person in the marketplace. As a result, people have responded very late to my hire requests, come to my farm when there is very little work left, and proceeded to abuse me and accuse me of over-hiring for entertainment. I don't mind that there isn't a fire button, but I'm very thankful that there's an ignore button. I don't have the patience to deal with people who won't listen when I attempt to reason with them an offer an explanation. I'm kind enough to bother explaining myself to rude employees - they should learn to be kind enough to bother to listen to my explanation.

I also don't like people who believe that they have the right to harvest and plow my whole farm on their own. I know that a lot of my farm is taken up by decorative structures, trees, flowers and fencing, but I also know that there are still plenty of crops to harvest, especially as I tend to plant crops which have high monetary returns. Occasionally I've hired one person when I've felt like spoiling them or when I've only been satisfied with the behaviour of one person in the marketplace, and upon telling them that they have the whole harvest to themselves, have received such comments as "I like to work alone." or "I would have left if you had hired someone else." Well, with an attitude like that, I want them to leave. I've often gone back to the marketplace and hired another person anyway [yes, out of spite] to show them that it's a game that involves working for things and that they can't have things handed to them on a silver platter. The people in the marketplace who post such comments as "I work ALONE!" also find themselves on my ignore list. It's just selfish. They really need to go back to primary school and listen to their teachers when they're being told about the benefits of sharing.

If people just approached the Internet with a sense of etiquette and a reminder that the people on the other side of the screen are real people, this whole "Internetz r srs bsns" attitude would be dropped altogether, and I for one would be very happy. I don't need to cop this from rude employees; I could have just as easily hired somebody else entirely to do my work, and instead they complain that there isn't much left when they gave me the impression that they were AFK, or that I won't let them plow when I have a layered farm or am rearranging my plots.

I usually hire one person for one field the reason is sometimes that person has a slower computer so he or she can't be as fast as another with a faster computer and I've noticed that those with faster pcs tend to hog the field . I've even noticed that when i hire myself out when's there's another person doing it as well he or she doesn't respect my space but tries to hog as much as they can and that I find very rude! I've just come out of the marketplace where farmers now are being picky on what they want to harvest or plow when one time ppl would be happy to get any work now they're spoiled and expect us to cater to them well I won't I"m getting disgusted with those who hire themselves to work they're getting greedier and greedier . I'm going to be harvesting and plowing myself I have 5 fields I don't have the time to cater greedy ppl and I didn't get where I am being that way

Ginasue1
Aug 26 2010, 09:50 AM
Gotten so bad, that if I don't have a neighbor on, I do it myself.

adinar
Aug 26 2010, 12:46 PM

most times when a person is working on the farm they don't see the popup and it doesn't stay long also that means they have to stop working to speak back you . Most have to concentrate on what they are doing they aren't there to stop and socialize if you want that then go to the meeting place and socialize

adinar
Aug 26 2010, 12:48 PM
Gotten so bad, that if I don't have a neighbor on, I do it myself.

that's what I try to do now too first if i'm too tired then I'll go to the market but I hate doing it or I'll do it myself

speedmonkey
Aug 28 2010, 02:30 PM
Even at level 115 I am always willing to do whatever job needs done. I try to be polite and say please and thank you to anyone kind enough to offer me a job. I prefer to work alone but only to avoid the greedy messy workers who can't share and seem incapable of respecting the space that they can clearly that someone else is working in. I don't care what crops need harvested or what amount of coins I will get from it. I don't do it for the money or the XP I do it because I like helping others and I often meet some very interesting people. If I am unsure that the farmer that hired me did not see me tell them thank you I will leave them a little note thanking them when I am done if they are not there when I finish. I hate going to market to hire others sometimes for all of the reasons already listed but if I need to hire from the market I try to make it very clear as to what I need done before I hire anyone. I will only hire that can use proper manners and don't stand and beg or whine about how much coin or XP they need. If they cannot spell please they way it is supposed to be spelled I will not hire them either. PLZ is letters not a word!

adinar
Aug 28 2010, 02:41 PM
Even at level 115 I am always willing to do whatever job needs done. I try to be polite and say please and thank you to anyone kind enough to offer me a job. I prefer to work alone but only to avoid the greedy messy workers who can't share and seem incapable of respecting the space that they can clearly that someone else is working in. I don't care what crops need harvested or what amount of coins I will get from it. I don't do it for the money or the XP I do it because I like helping others and I often meet some very interesting people. If I am unsure that the farmer that hired me did not see me tell them thank you I will leave them a little note thanking them when I am done if they are not there when I finish. I hate going to market to hire others sometimes for all of the reasons already listed but if I need to hire from the market I try to make it very clear as to what I need done before I hire anyone. I will only hire that can use proper manners and don't stand and beg or whine about how much coin or XP they need. If they cannot spell please they way it is supposed to be spelled I will not hire them either. PLZ is letters not a word!

I agree with most of what you have said but I don't base my hiring practices on how well they spell

speedmonkey
Aug 28 2010, 02:54 PM
I agree with most of what you have said but I don't base my hiring practices on how well they spell

My only problem with PLZ is that it is usually followed with stuff like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or

p
e
o
p
l
e

t
h
a
t

t
a
l
k

l
i
k
e

t
h
i
s

s
o

t
h
a
t

t
h
e
y

a
r
e

b
l
o
c
k
i
n
g

everyone else. It just drives me nuts, I find it rude to do things like that in a place where others are there to try and find work or workers (only done here to provide an example of what I mean).

Farmgurl
Aug 28 2010, 05:58 PM
I haven't seen this problem on here, and have never had it happen before. Today I was on playing. I hired people from the mp to harvest and plow. I went about my business, finishing planting crops and other things, then got off for a few hours.

I got back on later in the day, and as soon as the game got loaded, I got the message come up "Chris just harvested a squash field." I thought, 'what the heck, I just got on and haven't hired anyone?" So I went to the farm I had squash planted on, and sure enough, there was a player named Chris harvesting my squash. I asked, "what the heck? how did you get on here and harvest my crops?"

I didn't get an answer, he just finished harvesting my squash and left.

HOW did that happen?

Miz Lisa
Aug 28 2010, 06:15 PM
I haven't seen this problem on here, and have never had it happen before. Today I was on playing. I hired people from the mp to harvest and plow. I went about my business, finishing planting crops and other things, then got off for a few hours.

I got back on later in the day, and as soon as the game got loaded, I got the message come up "Chris just harvested a squash field." I thought, 'what the heck, I just got on and haven't hired anyone?" So I went to the farm I had squash planted on, and sure enough, there was a player named Chris harvesting my squash. I asked, "what the heck? how did you get on here and harvest my crops?"

I didn't get an answer, he just finished harvesting my squash and left.

HOW did that happen?

Well my guess would be it was someone you hired earlier and they left the box open and then went and checked it out hours later.

It happens. Odd, but it happens.

FlaEileen
Aug 30 2010, 08:56 AM
I can't post in the suggestions threads - "insufficient privileges" (?), so I'll post here.
It's next to impossible to hire people it seems. No one wants to plow my fields. It'd be nice if we could buy a 9-plot plower/planter/harvester. :D

Tony D
Aug 30 2010, 09:08 AM
I can't post in the suggestions threads - "insufficient privileges" (?), so I'll post here.
It's next to impossible to hire people it seems. No one wants to plow my fields. It'd be nice if we could buy a 9-plot plower/planter/harvester. :DHi , you can post in the suggestion section, just not create new threads. Try this one http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332014 :)

Miz Lisa
Aug 30 2010, 11:02 AM
I was hired for a few jobs last week that I just left. The first one, a layered farm with wall to wall trees stacked over crops. My computer couldn't even handle moving the farm.

Really. It was obnoxious and I had no desire to deal with it.

This morning, I was tripled hired on a very small harvest. I left it for the other people.

That said, I do appreciate it when someone gives me a heads up. "hey, I need to jet, sorry I couldn't finish". But I was booted a few times this week as well from jobs, so I'm trying to give those that didn't finish the work I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Don't feed the beggers
Sep 08 2010, 07:15 PM
I'm not sure whre this post belongs, its not really a social topic, nor is it a help topic. I trust that the mods will move this if its in the right spot, but ask them to tell me where it went.

I was harvesting for someone this afternoon, She had hired me to do crops and flowers. I did the crops first and started the flowers. Well did this person not go totally crazy, started yelling and calling me every name she could think of at that second. It went like this:

Her: WTF are you doing (insert c and s words in here)
Me: excuse me?
Her: Are you stupid or dumb?
Me: what??
Her: can't you tell the difference between flowers and trees
Me: (still clueless as to why she is so mad) last time i checked I was able to tell the difference with ease
Her: ok than why are you chopping my ******* flowers you dumb ****
Me: you hired me for crops and flowers not trees, otherwise I wouldn't be able to chop the flowers
Her: you stunned b****, I know what I hired you for
Me: ok then what's the problem?
Her: I am going to report you for hacking into my computer and changing my request...you dumb, stupid (insert curse here again) cow. They will track your IP and you will be banned from FT and f/b for being a hacker
Me: ok well if you feel thats what you need to do than feel free (I left)

Obvioulsy she didn't realize she hired me for flowers, or maybe she did and just wanted to fight with someone. Either way, PLEASE watch what you are hiring for, It might take and extra 1-2 secs to make sure but please do it anyway. I so did not need that **** and nobody else does either. take that 1-2 secs and read. I did NOT hack into anyones computer (I am not smart enough to know how, in all honesty. lol) As far as I see it, it's her own fault,had she of taken the time to read it wouldn't have happened I stopped when she started yelling, so now she has some chopped and others not, I can only imagine what she said when she reported me lol.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Sep 08 2010, 07:21 PM
it is possible the person did not realize they hired for crops and flowers.. some farmers just react rudely in situations when things arent happening the way they want... personally if im able to harvest things other then crops i ask before doing them just to be nice incase they did on accident click the wrong option

Don't feed the beggers
Sep 08 2010, 07:31 PM
it is possible the person did not realize they hired for crops and flowers.. some farmers just react rudely in situations when things arent happening the way they want... personally if im able to harvest things other then crops i ask before doing them just to be nice incase they did on accident click the wrong option

not so much that she didn't realize, was the language and threatening to report me for hacking, which I didn't do. But even if she did make the mistake, that isn't my fault, i was hired to do crops and flowers....

jeanieNGMsfarm
Sep 08 2010, 07:54 PM
not so much that she didn't realize, was the language and threatening to report me for hacking, which I didn't do. But even if she did make the mistake, that isn't my fault, i was hired to do crops and flowers....

ouch just read the rest of it.. only a few lined of the conversation showed up when i first read it i see you edited it to add more.. wow that was really for lack of better terms crazy

Don't feed the beggers
Sep 08 2010, 07:56 PM
ouch just read the rest of it.. only a few lined of the conversation showed up when i first read it i see you edited it to add more.. wow that was really for lack of better terms crazy

yeah, there is a button on my keyboards that posts my posts, and since I'm not exactly sure which key does that I can't avoid it lol, so if you know which button it is would you tell me? took me 3 tries to get my whole post posted lol

jeanieNGMsfarm
Sep 08 2010, 08:02 PM
if your meaning like pasting text after you copied it then the buttons are ctrl and V at the same time

JAS0643
Sep 08 2010, 08:02 PM

I never ask if I can harvest something if I'm hired to harvest it I harvest it. Now if someone nicely says ops I hit the wrong thing I will stop but otherwise I get to harvesting. We have had the option of protecting trees for close to a year now so no reason to make sure people click on the right thing.

knighta
Sep 08 2010, 08:04 PM
It would be nice if people own up to their mistakes. Of course that is like people to have common sense. It is entirely her fault. She clicked the wrong button. I wish I was in the TC position that would have been fun for me.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Sep 08 2010, 08:06 PM
I never ask if I can harvest something if I'm hired to harvest it I harvest it. Now if someone nicely says ops I hit the wrong thing I will stop but otherwise I get to harvesting. We have had the option of protecting trees for close to a year now so no reason to make sure people click on the right thing.

i just got used to doing it from the days before items were protected. so it doesnt bother me to take a few seconds to double check if they want it done or not. especially when im working with other they finish the crops and beg to plow i continue to ask if they would like trees/flowers/or fishing done as well most time it leads to me getting the plowing solo for being kind enough to ask about other things insted of asking to plow first

Miz Lisa
Sep 08 2010, 10:06 PM
Isn't there a report for abuse tab on a person's avatar? I'm thinking there is, but not 100%

Ginasue1
Sep 08 2010, 10:43 PM
When I go to anyone's farm I first have made sure that trees or flowers are turned off. Then I ask if they want trees or flowers done. That way I never touch them unless they have asked me to do them.

sueripper@gmail.com
Sep 08 2010, 10:46 PM
I think I would have taken her name and the name of her farm and made a complaint against her - there is absolutely no reason for that kind of language anywhere or anytime!!
I really sorry that you had to be verbally assaulted like that. I too would not be able to hack into anyone's computer and even if I could, I'm sure it would take longer than the time it took to harvest her crops. She sounds like she did not take her be calm pills that morning.

speedmonkey
Sep 08 2010, 11:08 PM
Wow, this was completely out of line for the hiring farmer. It is not so very hard to make sure that we hire people for the job we want done and if she messed up then it was on her! I am disgusted to hear that something like this happened. So many players make this game a wonderful retreat from reality and create such a sense of community that it is depressing to see people act like this. I guess, that just like real communities, each one has to have a set of people that make things less desirable for the others that have to share the same space. If you can I would attempt to track this farmer back down and report her for abuse. NO ONE should have to be subjected to this type of treatment.

Ingeliter
Sep 09 2010, 12:06 AM
OMG...That's horrible! The flowers grow back in a few days and the fruit on the trees does, too. What's the big deal...sheesh! Some people need to get a life!

Anyway, I always work on Full Screen mode and chat is disabled then which kinda sucks because I have to switch back and forth if my "employer" has a question or comment I need to reply to...assuming I even see it...

HelenJS22
Sep 09 2010, 07:30 AM
I think I would have taken her name and the name of her farm and made a complaint against her - there is absolutely no reason for that kind of language anywhere or anytime!!
I really sorry that you had to be verbally assaulted like that. I too would not be able to hack into anyone's computer and even if I could, I'm sure it would take longer than the time it took to harvest her crops. She sounds like she did not take her be calm pills that morning.

LOL - I think she needed a whole lot more than calm pills. I wonder if she treats the people in her regular life that same way ??

jeanieNGMsfarm
Sep 09 2010, 07:36 AM

the only way to report a person is to click on their avatar and click report.. simply just writing down the farm name and avatar name would not help identify the person since user and farm names are not unique 100 people could have the same names and not know it.. its also easy to change

2Old2Farm
Sep 09 2010, 09:59 AM
I would have left the farm after the first "WTF."

servocrow
Sep 09 2010, 10:16 AM
I would've kept harvesting ALL the flowers....and then ended with JESUS LOVES YOU.

You're right, I REALLY think this person just wanted to fight with someone.

Sadly, an "abuse" button would likely be abused....but that is why so many people are so ugly in chatroom-like atmospheres.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Sep 09 2010, 10:19 AM
I would've kept harvesting ALL the flowers....and then ended with JESUS LOVES YOU.

You're right, I REALLY think this person just wanted to fight with someone.

Sadly, an "abuse" button would likely be abused....but that is why so many people are so ugly in chatroom-like atmospheres.

i like the way you think lol. gave me a little giggle but at the same time its a great way to end it.. (note: a happy giggle)

Wilde Lily
Sep 09 2010, 10:35 AM
I would have left the farm after the first "WTF."

Me too!! You know, in the same way that you're supposed to hang up on a dirty phone caller immediatley without responding. It's possible tthe issue wasn't about harvesting flowers at all....the person who hired might just get their jollies through verbal abuse. I've had farmers who've worked on my farm leave "dirty" messages before they left, and I'd done nothing to encourage or incite it. :rolleyes:

2Old2Farm
Sep 09 2010, 04:37 PM
I think you're right Lily. I was once hired from the MP, and when I finished harvesting I asked, "May I plow pls?" The farmer replied, "No, get the hell off my farm!" So much for that.

Kelsey
Sep 09 2010, 08:41 PM
I'm not sure whre this post belongs, its not really a social topic, nor is it a help topic. I trust that the mods will move this if its in the right spot, but ask them to tell me where it went.

I was harvesting for someone this afternoon, She had hired me to do crops and flowers. I did the crops first and started the flowers. Well did this person not go totally crazy, started yelling and calling me every name she could think of at that second. It went like this:

Her: WTF are you doing (insert c and s words in here)
Me: excuse me?
Her: Are you stupid or dumb?
Me: what??
Her: can't you tell the difference between flowers and trees
Me: (still clueless as to why she is so mad) last time i checked I was able to tell the difference with ease
Her: ok than why are you chopping my ******* flowers you dumb ****
Me: you hired me for crops and flowers not trees, otherwise I wouldn't be able to chop the flowers
Her: you stunned b****, I know what I hired you for
Me: ok then what's the problem?
Her: I am going to report you for hacking into my computer and changing my request...you dumb, stupid (insert curse here again) cow. They will track your IP and you will be banned from FT and f/b for being a hacker
Me: ok well if you feel thats what you need to do than feel free (I left)

Obvioulsy she didn't realize she hired me for flowers, or maybe she did and just wanted to fight with someone. Either way, PLEASE watch what you are hiring for, It might take and extra 1-2 secs to make sure but please do it anyway. I so did not need that **** and nobody else does either. take that 1-2 secs and read. I did NOT hack into anyones computer (I am not smart enough to know how, in all honesty. lol) As far as I see it, it's her own fault,had she of taken the time to read it wouldn't have happened I stopped when she started yelling, so now she has some chopped and others not, I can only imagine what she said when she reported me lol.

This is a great point - and a good reminder for those times that any of us may accidentally click the wrong button (when we're in a hurry, distracted, having a blond or slydexic (dyslexic) moment or just brain farted). Please make sure that if there is a specific item that you do not want harvested, that you double check what selection you make when you are hiring someone.

Please keep the OPs post on topic about:

Either way, PLEASE watch what you are hiring for, It might take and extra 1-2 secs to make sure but please do it anyway.

Otherwise, this thread may be merged into the Hiring Discussions Thread in Social.

Another point - if she managed to click on the OP, choose report, and fill out a report before the OP left, what would she have said? "This person harvested flowers" ... not a reportable issue (harassment, extremely offensive swearing, etc.) where the OP actually may have had a more reportable issue (though with swearing and rudeness, the Ignore feature is best used).

JAS0643
Sep 09 2010, 09:36 PM
Please keep the OPs post on topic about:
Otherwise, this thread may be merged into the Hiring Discussions Thread in Social.

PSST That thread was moved to this section. :D]

amberdh
Sep 09 2010, 09:39 PM
PSST That thread was moved to this section. :D

Yes, but this thread has not been merged into the other one.

JAS0643
Sep 09 2010, 09:44 PM

I know that I was just telling Kelsey that that thread had been moved over to this section, that it was no longer in the social section.

rosulyn
Sep 09 2010, 09:59 PM
It's amazing how rude even people in the virtual world seem to be! I would of reported her immediately for using such nasty language.

Kelsey
Sep 10 2010, 01:50 AM
PSST That thread was moved to this section. :D]
Thanks JAS! I didn't know ... I'm on so little nowadays I never fully catch up!
But it's on its way ... if we keep up this hijacking off topic yakking!
I know that I was just telling Kelsey that that thread had been moved over to this section, that it was no longer in the social section.
Keep it up ... Just keep it up ... *pulls out trout*

*** I stand corrected - if the thread doesn't stay on the OPs topic, the entire thread may be merged into the hiring discussions thread *here in this section of the forum* :D

Ozfarmer
Sep 10 2010, 03:19 AM
What surprises me is that she said you were a hacker, a normal person would not say that, nor even think it. Her reactions were way out of line for a simple mistake, I would go change my password if I was you and definitely reboot your modem so the IP address changes.

JAS0643
Sep 10 2010, 03:59 AM
Keep it up ... Just keep it up ... *pulls out trout*

I'm sorry did you say something?I'm not scared of that trout so bring it on sister. :p:D

Don't feed the beggers
Sep 10 2010, 07:45 PM
I haven\t seen her around since then so my guess is she changed her name. I was just ticked that she would accuse me of being a hacker when all she needed to do was pay attention to what she was hiring for.

Betty_Jo_Brown
Sep 15 2010, 07:41 PM
I would like to see a change made in the hiring practice. Could it be possible that u don't receive any other requests until u respond to the first one? I have gone to the marketplace and agreed to work for someone only to have half a dozen requests fly at me before I can respond. Or, I try to accept one job and end up on another that popped in as I was clicking. That would make going to market a much more pleasant experience for me.

Farm Town Addict, Momma Rose

P.S. Mount Hope Farm is no longer my default farm, but please feel free to visit.

Debbie Nichols
Sep 17 2010, 10:40 AM
can someone explain to me how you can plant trees over crops and still be able to replow and replant later?

Double T Dude Ranch
Sep 17 2010, 10:43 AM
can someone explain to me how you can plant trees over crops and still be able to replow and replant later?

This is not recommended by mods or developers as it can cause damage to your farm. Layering is not condoned by the developers and if you do so, it is at your own risk.

beakiebean
Oct 06 2010, 10:15 AM
I'm apparently a fast harvester/plower-I've had several people who've hired me comment that I'm speedy. Guess my mouse finger muscle is extra strong. :) A lot of times when I get hired to work on a farm with someone else I end up harvesting/plowing more than half of the farm. I don't go after specific crops or anything-just start in one corner and work my way towards the center.

Recently I've had a couple people that I've harvested with (the other harvesters-not the people who've hired me) accuse me of being rude or selfish-I assume because I did more than half.

Am I supposed to stop at the halfway point on the farm and just stand there until they're done? I was operating under the belief that we were there to get it done.

So what's the reigning FT etiquette-am I being awful?

amberdh
Oct 06 2010, 12:39 PM
I'm apparently a fast harvester/plower-I've had several people who've hired me comment that I'm speedy. Guess my mouse finger muscle is extra strong. :) A lot of times when I get hired to work on a farm with someone else I end up harvesting/plowing more than half of the farm. I don't go after specific crops or anything-just start in one corner and work my way towards the center.

Recently I've had a couple people that I've harvested with (the other harvesters-not the people who've hired me) accuse me of being rude or selfish-I assume because I did more than half.

Am I supposed to stop at the halfway point on the farm and just stand there until they're done? I was operating under the belief that we were there to get it done.

So what's the reigning FT etiquette-am I being awful?

Awful? No of course not. And I agree that everyone works till the job is done. But knowing that this upsets some people I usually only take about half of the work. Also, you never know who is on the end of the computer. It may be a young person or someone with a disability so, again, I try to just take my share.

betbiss
Oct 06 2010, 01:05 PM
Heck no you are not Selfish, we hiring people to get the work done quickly. Bravo to you for doing a job well done.
Come work on my farms anytime!!!! :)

Mr. H
Oct 06 2010, 02:16 PM
I don't hire from the MP much these days but when I did I would usually hire two and I expected them both to work until the job is done. I was always thrilled to find a good, fast worker.

It's all very well and good to be generous to the other workers but what about the farm owner and his/her needs? What if the farmer doesn't want to sit and wait for the farm to be harvested or plowed? I didn't mind workers splitting things equally as long as they were both reasonably quick. I didn't like it when one would finish quickly and then leave half the work to someone that may not even finish.

I don't think you're being rude at all.

tanniew78
Oct 06 2010, 06:25 PM
I do anything I am hired for. Im not picky and I work hard and fast as I can. I simply ask if there is anything else I can do for them. Ive been known to get all the farms a person has because I do anything and everything, am through (I dont leave undone plots here and there and I hate when people I hire do that). Im polite and always thank the person for allowing me to work on their farm.

Thats not to say I dont get irked. I prefer to work alone, but will work with others. However I really hate when the people Im working with stop working in the area they were in that still has plenty to plow to come over to where Im at and cut me off. Id like to commit avataricide. lmao. Then whats worse, they get back to their area, and leave patches of undone work sitting there. Spiteful is what it is.

Yet I work the farm, get what I can and always thank the employer. Im never abusive to those that do cut me off, although you can bet Im putting a sailor to shame behind my screen. :D

Ginasue1
Oct 06 2010, 07:01 PM
I do anything I am hired for. Im not picky and I work hard and fast as I can. I simply ask if there is anything else I can do for them. Ive been known to get all the farms a person has because I do anything and everything, am through (I dont leave undone plots here and there and I hate when people I hire do that). Im polite and always thank the person for allowing me to work on their farm.

Thats not to say I dont get irked. I prefer to work alone, but will work with others. However I really hate when the people Im working with stop working in the area they were in that still has plenty to plow to come over to where Im at and cut me off. Id like to commit avataricide. lmao. Then whats worse, they get back to their area, and leave patches of undone work sitting there. Spiteful is what it is.

Yet I work the farm, get what I can and always thank the employer. Im never abusive to those that do cut me off, although you can bet Im putting a sailor to shame behind my screen. :D
I'm the same way, and when they have done that to me also. I just move over to where they where, and finish what they left.

beakiebean
Oct 06 2010, 08:51 PM
Wheeew-I'm glad I haven't been going about it all wrong. There's always so many unwritten social rules in these games I hate to find out later that I've been doing something really rude or dumb and just didn't know it.

crop muncher
Oct 06 2010, 09:43 PM
I hire many people and i am tired of people not completing jobs when they sit in the market place and constantly beg for a job!...I have full big farms to hire people for and mostly all 3 day stuff and it is not good enough for them! If you do not want to do a complete job on farms then do not go to the market place and beg!!

crop muncher
Oct 06 2010, 09:44 PM
And i usually only hire one person at a time per farm!

xxjimmyxx
Oct 06 2010, 11:23 PM
i was just in the MP looking for a job while i was wating i had a player stand right infront of me trying to block peoples view of me so i clicked a little under them so i was infrount thay soon left lol
plus thay wer begging
hears a photo lol im the blue hair avatar
http://i53.tinypic.com/316qnnp.jpg

jeanieNGMsfarm
Oct 07 2010, 07:29 AM
jimmy could it have been a player there to sell crops. people who dont go offline to sell most dont look for a certine spot to stand just get to the market and click threw the options tom has not looking to see if they stood in anyone way or not

xxjimmyxx
Oct 09 2010, 06:27 AM
jimmy could it have been a player there to sell crops. people who dont go offline to sell most dont look for a certine spot to stand just get to the market and click threw the options tom has not looking to see if they stood in anyone way or not

i dont think so cause i seen the come in to the MP then walk down to near me then right on top of me

snow_angel
Oct 09 2010, 11:25 AM
i was just in the MP looking for a job while i was wating i had a player stand right infront of me trying to block peoples view of me so i clicked a little under them so i was infrount thay soon left lol
plus thay wer begging

Jimmy, I've had the same thing happen to me many times. I just move so i'm in front of them. Yeah it's one thing when they just pop into the market, but when you see them moving you know they did it on purpose.

AustinN
Oct 09 2010, 02:54 PM
plus thay wer begging

Jimmy, I've had the same thing happen to me many times. I just move so i'm in front of them. Yeah it's one thing when they just pop into the market, but when you see them moving you know they did it on purpose.

Jimmy how long where they standing in front of you before you moved in front of them. The reason I ask this is I have clicked on a spot on to move to and inadvertently got right in front of someone like this. Now when that happens I do move as quickly as I can but sometimes that does take a few seconds. I know some people out there are very fast with the mouse and will block someone the second they move in front of them like this. The only thing I can suggest to both of you is at least wait a few seconds and see if the person moves because it may not have been done on purpose and they will get out of your way very quickly. That said I do realize that there are some that do it on purpose all I am saying is just give them a few seconds to see if it was on purpose or just a mistake.

Jakeped
Oct 30 2010, 04:46 AM
Hi, l am so fed with the market and trying to hire so called farmer's that dont full fill there work, they dont turn tree's off when asked they may harvest and take the profit they dont plow what is the use of this and any advantage to us we may just do it ourselves instead of wasting time trying to find some of these so called workers.:mad: Grrrrrrrr

BrookeB
Oct 30 2010, 05:22 AM
Hi, l am so fed with the market and trying to hire so called farmer's that dont full fill there work, they dont turn tree's off when asked they may harvest and take the profit they dont plow what is the use of this and any advantage to us we may just do it ourselves instead of wasting time trying to find some of these so called workers.:mad: Grrrrrrrr

You're right, it's really frustrating. It used to be that one could find workers easily in the market. Everyone was helpful, and almost everyone did a good job. But as the game has grown, players' priorities have changed--A LOT!--to the point that it is almost a waste of time to go to the marketplace to find a worker, even more so now that the buy-sell feature between players has been added. If I can't get one of my neighbors to work my farms, I just do the work myself. It's faster and far less frustrating. :o

crop muncher
Oct 30 2010, 05:51 AM

I totally agree! ... Th only way to fix it is if xp and coins hold value again

jeanieNGMsfarm
Oct 30 2010, 08:22 AM
i do all my own, easier and faster with the new tools (tho i dont have the largest ones available, still way faster then hiring someone else)

croyoangel
Nov 05 2010, 03:05 AM
i have gotten a notification several times today that i have been hired to work on Farmtown Mike's farm with the promise of earning 1 Farm cash. when i click on the green check it takes me to this farm but there is no harvesting to be done. is this something new that the dev's are working on or what? And who is Farmtown Mike? it is getting very annoying.

yopeep
Nov 05 2010, 03:16 AM
http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/Yolanda_Zavala/?action=view&current=HIRINGNOTIFICATION.jpg

i keep getting this notification. each time i get it, it takes me to Farmtown Mike's farm. would like to know why i am getting this, especially since there is no work to be done on this farm.

why is the image not showing? this is what it says:

you have recently accepted an invitation to work on another farm and earn some farm cash. do you want to go to that farm now?

TraceyMush
Nov 06 2010, 06:44 AM
Have others noticed that most of the people in the marketplace are there to hire and not to work? lt's getting time consuming to find workers. l used to be mad that people don't send the 'no thank you ' message when l tried to hire them. Now though l think l know what the problem is. When a second hire request gets sent to the same person, the 2nd deletes the 1st.
l was finished selling my items today and wanted to respond to someone with a coffee harvest. l was pretty clear - l moved right next to her and put out a few messages that l would do her coffee harvest. l got request after request - no time to click 'no thank you' before the next replaced the previous.
l wonder if the devs can work it that a request will not leave the screen until it has been rejected.

snow_angel
Nov 06 2010, 01:02 PM
Have others noticed that most of the people in the marketplace are there to hire and not to work? lt's getting time consuming to find workers. l used to be mad that people don't send the 'no thank you ' message when l tried to hire them. Now though l think l know what the problem is. When a second hire request gets sent to the same person, the 2nd deletes the 1st.
l was finished selling my items today and wanted to respond to someone with a coffee harvest. l was pretty clear - l moved right next to her and put out a few messages that l would do her coffee harvest. l got request after request - no time to click 'no thank you' before the next replaced the previous.
l wonder if the devs can work it that a request will not leave the screen until it has been rejected.

I like that idea. I once told someone I'd be happy to harvest her raspberrys but before I could accept the job another one took it's place.

Whoopsidaisy
Nov 06 2010, 04:35 PM
http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/Yolanda_Zavala/?action=view&current=HIRINGNOTIFICATION.jpg

i keep getting this notification. each time i get it, it takes me to Farmtown Mike's farm. would like to know why i am getting this, especially since there is no work to be done on this farm.

why is the image not showing? this is what it says:

you have recently accepted an invitation to work on another farm and earn some farm cash. do you want to go to that farm now?

I have the same problem. I clicked on it thinking it was a friend or gift request. It was an invite from someone from yesterday after I had left the account. There is no work there now, that person isn't on and I am still getting the invite. I tried working in her facilities but I can't do that either, I end up with an avatar with a harvesting tool in her hands and a message saying I can only use that on my own farm. I'm not trying to harvest crops, just work in the dairy, lol.

1ladytexas
Nov 19 2010, 06:30 AM
can someone tell me how to hire a neighbor to harvest for me??

Taz D
Nov 19 2010, 11:36 AM
can someone tell me how to hire a neighbor to harvest for me??
Contact the neighbor and have them come to your farm or go to their farm, click on their avatar and choose what you want them to do and on what farm.

Peeka
Nov 19 2010, 09:59 PM
Having a lot of trouble hiring today, i have people plowing on one farm already, and every time i try to hire someone else to harvest, it flicks up the points i have gained and the cost of the plowing going on BEFORE sending a hire request, by which time the person is gone.

Ausable River Farms
Nov 20 2010, 08:57 AM
Since my recent purchase of the new 4x4 tools, which I love, thank you developers, my buddy's,and neighbors, love it also, has given me the time to go work out of the marketplace.

The problem I keep encountering is that no one seems to be hiring any more, on rare occasion on which a request to hire does happen, they want you to do, its for something I chose not to do. I spent a half an hr at the mp without 1 request for hire, and the place was packed with people, all looking for work. I would guess that maybe 10 people showed up looking for workers.

Seeing some of the other comments here I see others are having the opposite problem. Maybe its the time of day we are playing.

Maybe it would be possible for the list to appear, the reason your there, before being placed in marketplace, so that people are placed accordingly.

rampackfan
Dec 27 2010, 10:01 PM
This really may not be the place for my question but I cant find another thread response. I am pretty new here LVL 31 and still have very much to learn. How is it that a neighbour comes to my farm and works my crops without an invite. The only Invite I sent out was the challenge to non players in my contact list. And also how do I invite my neighbors when I want them to work my farm.
thank you for your time and attention to my questions

Suzie Brown-Dehner
Dec 27 2010, 10:24 PM
This really may not be the place for my question but I cant find another thread response. I am pretty new here LVL 31 and still have very much to learn. How is it that a neighbour comes to my farm and works my crops without an invite. The only Invite I sent out was the challenge to non players in my contact list. And also how do I invite my neighbors when I want them to work my farm.
thank you for your time and attention to my questions

Hello, here is a link that will answer your questions :) http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314866

Simera
Dec 29 2010, 05:23 PM
I posted this one earlier today, possibly in the wrong thread, (as it was "drowning" in players' messages about only half farms showing up, when checking in) I'm trying this thread instead;
"Now, let me get this completely right (I know, playing as long as I have, I should already know this.)

Ok, so when I have someone harvesting my crops and trees, I will have an increase in the amount of harvested goodies.
But when it's harvested by someone, and I use harvested goodies in the facilities, the amount of harvested goodies isn't increased??

Am I right here? In case I am,. . . there is no advantage of getting others to harvest things used in my facilities ??(other than they will earn coins and xp's)
Just want to have this clear, as I help several people to level up and earn coins.
I don't want to give them wrong information.

Thank you for any answers.

Regards
Simera "

Thanks again. Regards Simera

Taz D
Dec 29 2010, 08:44 PM
You don't get an increase in harvested goodies. What you get is an increase in the sale price of those goodies. They are marked as (Large) in your storage. If you use them in a facility then they work exactly the same as the ones you harvest yourself.

Tiger
Dec 29 2010, 09:02 PM
I posted this one earlier today, possibly in the wrong thread, (as it was "drowning" in players' messages about only half farms showing up, when checking in) I'm trying this thread instead;
"Now, let me get this completely right (I know, playing as long as I have, I should already know this.)

Ok, so when I have someone harvesting my crops and trees, I will have an increase in the amount of harvested goodies.
But when it's harvested by someone, and I use harvested goodies in the facilities, the amount of harvested goodies isn't increased??

Am I right here? In case I am,. . . there is no advantage of getting others to harvest things used in my facilities ??(other than they will earn coins and xp's)
Just want to have this clear, as I help several people to level up and earn coins.
I don't want to give them wrong information.

Thank you for any answers.

Regards
Simera "

Thanks again. Regards Simera

Hello there,

If you harvest 10 fields of wheat, you get 10 boxes of wheat.
If someone else harvests them for you, you still only get 10 boxes, but they will be large boxes.

Advantages to you if you hire someone to harvest...
It saves on fuel, if you normally use a large tool to harvest.
It also earns you more money if you chose to sell them instead of putting them into a facility.

The only time the quantity of boxes changes is if the fields are fertilised, which gives you 50% more. So 10 fields of fertilised wheat will give you 15 boxes, regardless of who harvested them.

Facilities use any size of box. They only look at the quantity of boxes required, not the size. You will not get more product for using a large box.

Hope that helps :)

Skorpynekomimi
Dec 29 2010, 11:07 PM
Generally, when I see people begging and spamming the chatbox, they get a quick tap on ignore for their trouble. I don't put up with it.
There is, however, a difference between begging and asking for a specific job. I see no problem with sitting in the marketplace saying you want to plow, or harvest, or whatever. Being TOO specific, like saying 'I only harvest pineapples' just sounds dumb to me. It also earns an ignore if I'm in the mood.

As for the hiring to plow thing... I CAN'T hire people to plow. Not enough neighbours; nobody else on my flist wants to play, and I don't add random people. No biggie; I just do it myself. If anyone asks about wanting to plow, they're either politely rebuffed with 'sorry, I don't have enough neighbours', and offered a job chopping instead. Nobody's been rude about it yet.

I don't stick around waiting for people to finish; why should I? Most crops now go straight into my facilities, so if I'm hiring someone from the marketplace, I'm hiring someone to save time and fuel. I reserve the right to check other tabs, chat in IRC, and suchlike when someone's harvesting. I tend to check back every so often to see if they're nearly done, and offer them a job doing something else when they're done, though. Saves hiring someone else, and they sometimes even want to fish, which is REALLY hard to find in the marketplace.
(Of course, I can't blame anyone for that. There's a reason I hire people to do it for me.)

Now, I DO expect people to FINISH a job, without constant supervision. I don't want to have to hire someone else; it's a pain using the marketplace. It's crowded, it lags, I get bombarded with hire requests, and sometimes I can't even say anything until I leave and return.
Of course, I don't tend to hire two or more people for a single job, but I sometimes spam the farm with workers doing different jobs; maybe someone harvesting while the trees are chopped, and suchlike. I've had the odd issue with someone just leaving the very instant they see someone else on the farm, without a word, without waiting to see if they're harvesting or not. Finding that rude, I usually give them the finger and offer their job to the one I just hired.

Also, a problem is people FOLLOWING ME back to my **** farm, and hanging around waiting to be hired. Like I'm gonna hire trespassers. Just keep standing there, hidden under the trees I put there to hide people like you. I want a 'GIT ORF MOI LAND' button. Cornish accent and everything.

snow_angel
Dec 30 2010, 10:16 AM
Also, a problem is people FOLLOWING ME back to my **** farm, and hanging around waiting to be hired. Like I'm gonna hire trespassers. Just keep standing there, hidden under the trees I put there to hide people like you. I want a 'GIT ORF MOI LAND' button. Cornish accent and everything.

Just put the person on ignore then you wont even see them. I was once hired to harvest a farm when I noticed another worker. Well I have the 4x4 so I harvested just half the farm left him the rest. I'm glad I didn't leave right away because the other worker just stood there. I thought fine and finished the harvesting. After I was finished this person had the nerve to ask if he could plow. I was hired to plow and he wasn't. He said something rude then left. Apparently he was someone who just followed the farmer back to her farm in the hopes of getting hired. Hey if they didn't hire you in the market place why do people think they would on their farm.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Dec 30 2010, 10:34 AM

please keep in mind there is a glitch that causes "GHosts" To return to your farm with you no one is really there just the avatar somehow due to the glitch reload and they wont be there anymore. its not a real person following you if they are silently standing there and not moving

Tokeloshe
Dec 30 2010, 01:11 PM
If you don't see the chatbox they are ghosts and don't even know they are there

Simera
Dec 30 2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks Farmslave and Tiger L!
Right as I thought. You see many of my neighbours are waiting for a neighbour to "come around" to harvest for them, as they think as I explained in my post.

Great to have the Forum, guys. Thanks a lot, . . . once more.

Regards
Simera

JAS0643
Dec 30 2010, 05:24 PM
The only time the quantity of boxes changes is if the fields are fertilised, which gives you 50% more. So 10 fields of fertilised wheat will give you 15 boxes, regardless of who harvested them.

If your crops are fertilized you get double the amount of crops not 50% more. So 10 fields of fertilized wheat will give you 20 boxed of wheat, regardless of who harvested them.

Simera
Dec 30 2010, 05:55 PM
If your crops are fertilized you get double the amount of crops not 50% more. So 10 fields of fertilized wheat will give you 20 boxed of wheat, regardless of who harvested them.

Thanks Jaso.

Yeah, that's what I figured out, too. LOL Thanks for correcting that one! LOL

Kee Bee
Jan 02 2011, 01:22 PM
I am getting frustrated not being able to fire a worker.
I just had someone take 20 minutes to harvest six rows of raspberries. But, I can't fire them. Why not?
I know this is a game, I've been playing since August 2009, but this is getting out of hand. :mad: I could have harvested, plowed and planted in the time it took him to harvest.
Give me a fire option.

MarciMarcel
Jan 02 2011, 07:06 PM
how do I do it? have looked and looked .. thanks

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 02 2011, 07:07 PM
how do I do it? have looked and looked .. thanks

You go to "what's pending" and click "produce faster" and then it posts it to your FB FT neighbors. You can't hire people from the market :)

MarciMarcel
Jan 02 2011, 07:12 PM
okay .. thank you so very much .. haven't played in ages .. take care

Don't feed the beggers
Jan 02 2011, 07:20 PM
I am getting frustrated not being able to fire a worker.
I just had someone take 20 minutes to harvest six rows of raspberries. But, I can't fire them. Why not?
I know this is a game, I've been playing since August 2009, but this is getting out of hand. :mad: I could have harvested, plowed and planted in the time it took him to harvest.
Give me a fire option.

you wanna fire someone b/c they are not fast enough? If you have been here as long as you say, you will know that there is NOT a fire option, nor is there expected to be one...Slow down a bit, no need to be in a rush, life passes us by quick enough as it is. Be greatful that you found someone who will harvest...many don't harvest or only want the bigger crops, or plowing etc etc, the fact that you got one at all is great.

Kee Bee
Jan 02 2011, 11:03 PM
you wanna fire someone b/c they are not fast enough? If you have been here as long as you say, you will know that there is NOT a fire option, nor is there expected to be one...Slow down a bit, no need to be in a rush, life passes us by quick enough as it is. Be greatful that you found someone who will harvest...many don't harvest or only want the bigger crops, or plowing etc etc, the fact that you got one at all is great.

Yes I have been here as long as I said I have been...why would I lie?

And I know there is no fire option, what I want is one. I think we should have that option when we have a worker who takes way too long to do a simple task.

I don't have a lot of time to devote to the game, usually 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night, so while I enjoy the game, time is important (I can't recall the last time I had the time to harvest or plow for another player.) When my life slows down enough so I have hours to spend on FT, a slow harvester or plower won't bother me.

Wilde Lily
Jan 02 2011, 11:12 PM
Yes I have been here as long as I said I have been...why would I lie?

And I know there is no fire option, what I want is one. I think we should have that option when we have a worker who takes way too long to do a simple task.

I don't have a lot of time to devote to the game, usually 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night, so while I enjoy the game, time is important (I can't recall the last time I had the time to harvest or plow for another player.) When my life slows down enough so I have hours to spend on FT, a slow harvester or plower won't bother me.

It would be a shame to fire a slow worker simply because they are slow. Sometimes it's the server and not the fault of the worker. And some workers have arthritis or some other condition that makes them slower than others.
When I have just a little time and am in a rush I just do it myself. It avoids any possible aggravation, and I don't hurt anybody's feelings unnecessarily (which is important to me).

Simera
Jan 04 2011, 09:28 AM
Lately I've been going to the Market to check out all of this "fair/not fair" about the 4x4 tools. I don't advertise that I have the 4x4's, not in my name and not in any messages there.
I also ask for a solo job. I get work almost instantly when I'm there.

IF I get hired along with a 1x1-worker, or many (I can't believe that people hire a lot of workers, still!) I either work only half the farm, or I simply leave.
It has happened that there is another worker with 1x1 and I'm too late to realize it. Well, then I apologize deeply, as I don't want to take work from anyone without those tools. Most people understand that.
When I ask for solo work, I assume to be working alone on a farm. But as said, if I see someone else with 1x1, I pull out of there or work only half the farm.

Some people say that it is impossible to find someone willing to harvest/work at the Market. My impression is the oposite.

As I do not advertise my tools in any way when at the Market, I don't see anything unfair about the whole thing.

Regards
Simera

HelenJS22
Jan 04 2011, 05:43 PM
Since the new 4x4+ tools became available, 90% of my jobs working for others end up with me as a 1x1 working with a 4x4+. And yes, I purchase items from FT with real money too. I choose not to purchase them for real cash by increasing my farm cash. My situation is I get run over by the 4x4's. I know it is about politeness or not on their part, but why can't there be a setting in the game that both are not hired on the same farm? It is totally a waste of my time, other than a likely total of twenty plots before the job is cleaned up. I would have rejected those jobs, had I known someone else was going to be there to swipe the slate clean in 30 seconds.
Why can't these multiple tools have a setting within it so it will not work with 1x1 player.
I find myself spending less and less time enjoying the game.
People complain that they don't like farmers posting they want to work solo, but if I don't, I get run over. It is not about greed to wish solo work, it is about being able to play the game with other farmers instead of bouncing every 30 seconds back to the MP. I can't count how many other people are not happy this problem has cropped up.

Agreed. I choose not to buy a 4x4 because when we given a tiny trial I found it rather cumbersome for my own farms which don't always comply with the shapes, and I am perfectly happy with my 3x3. I recently went back to working the markets and was RUN OVER by a 4x4 more often than not, so gave up again :( Such a shame that they are allowed to ruin the game for other players.

We are told over and over again that the game can be played without farm cash - and yes, this is technically correct - but with the advent of the 4x4 the big bullies of the game have taken over with such rudeness and absolutely no consideration for those who choose not to have one :(

Simera
Jan 04 2011, 05:50 PM
Agreed. I choose not to buy a 4x4 because when we given a tiny trial I found it rather cumbersome for my own farms which don't always comply with the shapes, and I am perfectly happy with my 3x3. I recently went back to working the markets and was RUN OVER by a 4x4 more often than not, so gave up again :( Such a shame that they are allowed to ruin the game for other players.

We are told over and over again that the game can be played without farm cash - and yes, this is technically correct - but with the advent of the 4x4 the big bullies of the game have taken over with such rudeness and absolutely no consideration for those who choose not to have one :(

I hope you read my post above. You see *most* people with those 4x4's act as I do, in the Market, and when hired.

AND I never ask if others have those tools when I hire anyone, myself.
(AND yes, I only hire one person only, if I need a worker at my farms)

Regards
Simera

HelenJS22
Jan 04 2011, 05:55 PM
I hope you read my post above. You see *most* people with those 4x4's act as I do, in the Market, and when hired.

AND I never ask if others have those tools when I hire anyone, myself.
(AND yes, I only hire one person only, if I need a worker at my farms)

Regards
Simera

I did read your post Simera, and appreciate that you do the right thing, but believe me you are in the minority. I spent a couple of hours a few nights ago and was run down by 4x4s 8 out of 10 times, even to the point of some of them rolling right over the top of me as I worked. I'm a very fast one x one worker, but it is just impossible to complete with them, particularly if they are intent on wiping you right off the farm which seems to be the case with most of them.

Simera
Jan 04 2011, 06:05 PM
I did read your post Simera, and appreciate that you do the right thing, but believe me you are in the minority. I spent a couple of hours a few nights ago and was run down by 4x4s 8 out of 10 times, even to the point of some of them rolling right over the top of me as I worked. I'm a very fast one x one worker, but it is just impossible to complete with them, particularly if they are intent on wiping you right off the farm which seems to be the case with most of them.

I simply don't understand that kind of greed, really! Well, I guess it takes all kinds of people. . . right??

The 4x4 "adjust" to whatever your farm looks like, though.

Hope to meet you at the Market! :D

Regards
Simera

HelenJS22
Jan 04 2011, 06:08 PM
I simply don't understand that kind of greed, really! Well, I guess it takes all kinds of people. . . right??

The 4x4 "adjust" to whatever your farm looks like, though.

Hope to meet you at the Market! :D

Regards
Simera

Yep, I know the 4x4 adjusts, but I still found it more cumbersome than my faithful 3x3 and since I didn't plan on running down others working the markets, it was not worth my farm cash to buy.

Simera
Jan 04 2011, 06:23 PM
I'm just afraid that we'll end up with *two* Marketplaces - - - one for people with 4x4's and one with the 1x1.

I really enjoy to hire people who is still "climbing" up the levels, whatever time they use to clear a farm of mine, and having them plow it, after.

As I enjoy to have my friends level up, too, that would be a major "set-back" to divide players that way.

Well, I will continue to work in my own manner, and be happy about the game.

Regards
Simera

Jannie Mae
Jan 05 2011, 06:51 PM
2011 FarmTown Wish - Please make a new "hiring" request for BOTH harvesting and plowing. Sometimes we do not have time to stick around and wait for the person to finish harvesting. It would be nice to just hire them for BOTH at the same time. And BTW, love the Facilities Manager, THANKS!!

pythonis
Jan 05 2011, 08:10 PM
i have all of the farm cash tools. i never beg for work in the market. on occasion a job will pop up and maybe 25% of the time i will accept it. So it isnt like im running around like a level 160 begging to plow. I dont need the money or the XP. However it really bugs me to no end when i get hired to harvest or plow and as soon as i click my mouse to use my 4x4 every person in the room starts crying "well thats it the works all gone someone came in and stole it with the 4x4" and they all leave. Then im blamed for being rude and unfair. I didnt do anything. I had every intention of doing my fair share of the work and leaving the rest for others. They dont see it that way. Myself and others that bought the tools are imo treated unfairly. I do the exact same thing as Simera up there posted but im getting sick and tired of being categorized as unfair and whatnot.

pythonis
Jan 05 2011, 08:23 PM
you wanna fire someone b/c they are not fast enough? If you have been here as long as you say, you will know that there is NOT a fire option, nor is there expected to be one...Slow down a bit, no need to be in a rush, life passes us by quick enough as it is. Be greatful that you found someone who will harvest...many don't harvest or only want the bigger crops, or plowing etc etc, the fact that you got one at all is great. i may feel that way about taking time to smell the roses when im 70 but thats a long ways off. I wish i had absolutely nothing to do but sit in a rocking chair and watch someone take 3 hours to slowly plink away at my farms. However I dont so im with the other poster. Give me a fire option. I know theyll never give us one but doesnt hurt to ask. I dont see why everyone finds it so offensive when we ask someone to please move with a purpose.

Kee Bee
Jan 05 2011, 08:38 PM
i may feel that way about taking time to smell the roses when im 70 but thats a long ways off. I wish i had absolutely nothing to do but sit in a rocking chair and watch someone take 3 hours to slowly plink away at my farms. However I dont so im with the other poster. Give me a fire option. I know theyll never give us one but doesnt hurt to ask. I dont see why everyone finds it so offensive when we ask someone to please move with a purpose.

Bless you for posting this!! I thought I was the only one who had limited time for this game.

Kee Bee

Scarlet
Jan 06 2011, 04:43 AM
Another hacker :(

Tony D
Jan 06 2011, 06:35 AM
Another hacker :(Not a hacker , just Spam...

gj's farm
Jan 06 2011, 07:20 AM
What is the point of complaining about how many people are being hired on one farm? I have been hired many times and the others have told me to leave. My reply is always the same, If the person hired you, they also hired me so do your job or leave. The employer knows their own fields and they also have time limits, if they needed it done slower they would only hire one person in the first place.

Peeka
Jan 06 2011, 10:30 PM
While I understand why we will never get a fire button or a feedback system (way too open to abuse) I would like to be able to 'mark' the farmers I have hired who have done a good job. I know there is the buddy thing, but I am not the most social of people and don't want to chat, I just want a good, neat and thorough harvester/plower. Maybe we could click to change the colour of their overalls to our personal screen? As in only I can see that I have done it.

Also, I have noticed that even if a person has the 4x4, if they were sloppy about leaving bits unplowed or unharvested before they got the tools, they are just as sloppy with them. I rarely watch the workers on my farm, but sometimes when moving thru to check on progress I see them wildly clicking in a random way, leaving patches all over the place - this is a big part of why I would like to be able to pick farmers who have proven themselves thorough farmers already.

BTW, thank you so very much for the 'ignore' button.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Jan 07 2011, 09:00 AM
What is the point of complaining about how many people are being hired on one farm? I have been hired many times and the others have told me to leave. My reply is always the same, If the person hired you, they also hired me so do your job or leave. The employer knows their own fields and they also have time limits, if they needed it done slower they would only hire one person in the first place.

actually with the 4x4 tools its faster to hire one person who has that tool then 10 people arguing and fighting for work..

xtest
Jan 10 2011, 02:17 PM
hi
i hope i enjoy my stay here

Simera
Jan 10 2011, 02:27 PM
hi
i hope i enjoy my stay here

Welcome! I'm hoping that you will enjoy, too!

Regards
Simera

rocker grrrrrl
Jan 10 2011, 05:03 PM
Hi all... how do you handle workers on your farm who refuse to do the job they were hired for? (when they accepted that job in the first place?) I hired someone from the MP (I know.. my first mistake..LOL) to harvest crops and trees. She gets to my farm and does the crops. Then she starts in.... PLOW..PLOW..PLOW. On and on.

I said, remember the trees. (thinking she may have had them turned off) No dice. She just kept it up. PLOW..PLOW..PLOW. Sheesh...

So I said, as soon as you do the trees, you may plow.

Her: Oh, I don't do trees. Just harvest and plow.

Me: So you won't do the trees?

Her: Nope. Plow NOW.

OK. So I switch into my robot mode: Thank You for working! Bye for now! Repeat as necessary...

So now she's mad. She starts in: When you hired me, you said I could do harvesting AND plowing. PLOW NOW. (Persistent little thing, eh?)

Me: Yep. And when I hired you to harvest CROPS AND TREES, you accepted. So thanks for working and have a nice day!!

She eventually buggered off and I went on with my day. Too funny.... I swear, 99 out of 100 people are fabulous workers, but there's always that one.... And I gotta tell ya, there ain't no way I'll let someone start bullying me around, even if it IS just some fake virtual farm. LOL

So tell me: How do YOU handle workers who try to tell you what they will and won't do, once you've hired them??

Denali
Jan 10 2011, 05:38 PM
hehe, i love people like this. i usually just end up leaving and going back to the marketplace and hiring a new person to plow, or go to another farm and work there and ignore them when they start down that road. It's rude and they should be glad for the job they were offered. I also love it when u hire someone to harvest and plow and they get there and are like, I never said i would harvest raspberries! I'll plow after someone else harvests them.... UH, NO. LOL. :)

robinhanson
Jan 10 2011, 05:52 PM
Don't forget that handy ignore button. Then they are out of sight and out of mind. :)

Nirgal
Jan 10 2011, 07:09 PM
Yep... my favourite control in the whole game: the ignore. Handy with spammers in the marketplace, and crucial when things get out of hand on your farm. You might not be able to fire somebody after you've taken the punt of hiring them, but never having to deal with them again's the next best thing.

Use it earlier, rather than later... it's best not to be dragged into a s#!%-fight. Once things get out of hand, there is no winner in an argument like that; everyone loses.

Happy pants
Jan 10 2011, 07:10 PM
Does the person know they've been ignored?

Nirgal
Jan 10 2011, 08:19 PM
Does the person know they've been ignored?

No... which makes it even more fun. ;)

Happy pants
Jan 10 2011, 08:23 PM
So, theoretically, they could be still standing on your farm screaming obscenities at you at the top of their lungs, and you wouldn't be able to see or hear them, but they wouldn't know it? Wow, the ultimate in ignoring someone. Oh how I wish it worked like that in real life.

Happy pants
Jan 10 2011, 08:33 PM
http://blog.apxalarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/IgnoreButton.jpg

Tony D
Jan 10 2011, 08:42 PM
http://blog.apxalarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/IgnoreButton.jpg
Sorry , were you still talking :p

Happy pants
Jan 10 2011, 08:44 PM
Ooh, and you thought you were in trouble BEFORE.......!

rocker grrrrrl
Jan 10 2011, 08:59 PM
Hilarious..... My other favorites are the ones who stand in the MP and start bellowing that they will only PLOW SOLO or HARVEST SOLO. I don't know about you people, but it will be a cold day you-know-where when I will sit there at my desk and listen to a potential employee start telling me exactly what he/she will and won't do. Unreal....

Last week someone started mouthing off about how she will only work alone, and so on. So I asked her: You mean, if I hired you, plus someone else to harvest, you wouldn't work?? She actually said NO, she wouldn't. Good to know.... I said, 'interesting...' and before I could hit the iggy button, she went poof.

Man, the cheek of some people!! :p

HillBillyJane
Jan 10 2011, 09:17 PM
Don't forget that handy ignore button. Then they are out of sight and out of mind. :)

ignore is only 20 pople now so ignore is pretty much a useless tool for us now we need 1000 at least

HillBillyJane
Jan 10 2011, 09:23 PM
ignore on myspace is only 20 names now this needs updated to as many as you need due to there are alotta picky people and not so nice ones out there it will ignore them till you log out if you have all filled up and ignore but the after logging out they are there again this is very bother some seems you can go in a take names off the ignore list why only a limit of 20????? i need my ignore back and it should be well over 500 on there

Angels Shangri-La
Jan 11 2011, 05:52 AM
I like the people who ask to work solo, they actually do the job and don't disappear half way through:)

Happy pants
Jan 11 2011, 07:39 AM
I like hiring one person without telling them it's solo, and then asking them once we arrive at my farm if they want help. Most of the time they say, no, no, it's all right.

artisanrox
Jan 11 2011, 08:51 AM
I hire from the Marketplace every day. I can count on one hand how many times I've harvested or planted myself. I <3 the marketplace :D

I haven't really had a problem with rude workers, I just have the issue where they just don't *do* anything but idle for five minutes.

I totally understand that this is a game and real life takes priority. However, some 1x1 workers (I have NOT had this problem with the 4x4ers) where they just stop. Then do maybe five plots. Then stop again.

If I see this I simply hire someone else, often having them finish the farm right on top of the first worker.

I say "multiple farms to h/p", and usually someone will even say something like "I will artisanrox". Then if I see they aren't going to idle for five minutes then they can do more than one farm.

I ALWAYS say in chat very clearly the work I want done...trees, chop, flowers, etc. Or I see someone that wants to do work I want done and them hire them. And I usually (99% of the time) people do exactly what I expect them to do :)

I don't think I've ever have had a major awful terrible problem hiring from the MP. :)

jeanieNGMsfarm
Jan 11 2011, 09:04 AM
if someone doesnt do everything hired for and gets annoying like the OP showed i put them on ignore or if im feeling frisky lol i say ok i will plow myself and have them watch me work then put them on ignore..

i dont mind the limits on the ignore cause odds of running into that person again are low even if they are no longer on the list

Kee Bee
Jan 23 2011, 04:42 PM
Ok, since there is no way to FIRE a person, and there will not be anything like it, what can I do when I hire two people to harvest my biggest farm, all crops ready to harvest, and unknown to me one has a 4x4 and the other doesn't.

The one with the 4x4 took over 98 percent of the crops despite my request to share. The other farmer, who was level 22 was left with virtually nothing she could harvest.

I have been playing this gave since August 2009, and even when everyone fought over every field, it was never like this.

So Devs, what can I do? I try to help out the new players, but this situation comes up way too often.

pythonis
Jan 23 2011, 04:57 PM
The one with the 4x4 took over 98 percent of the crops despite my request to share. The other farmer, who was level 22 was left with virtually nothing she could harvest

First off ignore that person that hogged the work. I will offer the person that got jipped the plow work. If you have a different farm with work on it you can offer it to them to compensate for their loss. If you have crops they need you can offer at a discounted rate. Various ideas.

Farmer Jennifer Dawn
Jan 23 2011, 05:03 PM
Ok, since there is no way to FIRE a person, and there will not be anything like it, what can I do when I hire two people to harvest my biggest farm, all crops ready to harvest, and unknown to me one has a 4x4 and the other doesn't.

The one with the 4x4 took over 98 percent of the crops despite my request to share. The other farmer, who was level 22 was left with virtually nothing she could harvest.

I have been playing this gave since August 2009, and even when everyone fought over every field, it was never like this.

So Devs, what can I do? I try to help out the new players, but this situation comes up way too often.

I usually always hire just one person. It saves any type of dilemma. The only time i get multiple hires is when i hire people who don't respond to the hire request in a timely manner.
Life isn't about being fair. Its about using what you've got. Some people are able to have snowblowers, while other people have to make due with dinky shovels.
Those who are able to get the 4x4 equipment have every right to do as much work as they can if they are hired.
my kids know a simple phrase: You get what you get and you don't get upset.

Its only a game.

pythonis
Jan 23 2011, 05:29 PM
Those who are able to get the 4x4 equipment have every right to do as much work as they can if they are hired.
Its only a game.

Thats just saying that if you have the farm cash equipment you have every right to hog all the work and not share anything with people. Do people not share anymore?

While it is a game it is not JUST a game. A lot of us put money into this game as well as our time and effort. For those that feel it is JUST a game feel free to give me your facebook login info so that I can go to your farm and delete random items. Shouldnt bother you. After all, it is JUST a game (right)?

Hindfeet
Jan 23 2011, 10:38 PM
For what it is worth, I would just like to add my two cents to the issue of the 4x4 tools.

Recently I was hired to plow a farm and when I showed up and started to plow with my 4x4 the two persons who were harvesting left almost immediately leaving more than 90% of the farm unharvested, and therefore I had no choice but to leave it unplowed... the hiring farmer was elsewhere. Today I was in the Marketplace and someone was calling for 4x4 to be banned. It is apparent that there is growing animosity towards those who have 4x4. I have personally witnessed people being mowed over, and have myself been mowed over by persons with a 4x4 in the past. My strategy was to get out of there as fast as I could so I could live to work another day! LOL. However, my point is that there is greed, unkind, selfish, and unacceptable behavior running amuck on both sides of the fence. Before the tools came into being, I had worked with people who would run you over for the last few fields. There is need for both sets of persons in the marketplace, and I hope we can find some common ground on which to resolve this issue for the good of all.

By thw way, thank you DEVs for those awesome and cool "super" tools! They took the drudgery out of farming, and make it more pleasurable for a city girl like me. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

Peace and love.

HillBillyJane
Jan 23 2011, 11:35 PM
yep i to have seen this its sad cause some of the people are older and cant pay for farm cash i did ignore the ones that ran people over clicked as fast as they could i dont think with job market so high for harvesting and plowing i really need there help but with the limit of 20 names on my ignore list this has caused me great distress

Whoopsidaisy
Jan 24 2011, 10:07 AM
I went to the hire market today and clicked on 7 people (one at a time, since I only hire solo) who said they wanted work. They all refused to harvest, they wanted to plow only. Crops have to be harvested before the ground can be plowed. Since I didn't feel like begging people to make money I went and did it myself, like always. If they won't harvest they don't get to plow. I can't understand why I even bother going there anymore. My grandsons farm where I was trying to hire people to work was all rhubarb, 3 farms of it and no one wanted it. Yet these same people are probably complaining they don't get any work because of the 4x4's. On my grand daughters farm, same thing. No one would do the flowers on farm one and two people I hired (one at a time) left. Farm 2 and 3 were rhubarb but they didn't wait around to see. As far as I am concerned hiring players without a 4x4 tool is a joke, they don't really want to work and the ones with the tools are grabbed up so fast you can't get them. It's just faster to do all of it myself and avoid that market altogether.

Lady_Catalina
Jan 24 2011, 03:32 PM
Whoops, I feel like you do about some things. I am tired of trying to hire people to harvest and they all refuse and say plow only. I have 8 farms with at least half of the crops harvestable every day. If they don't get harvested, no one gets to plow. So I usually end up doing it all myself. So I don't get all the people on here complaning about not getting any work.

Charo
Jan 24 2011, 04:09 PM
My guess is that "plow only" people have 4x4 plowers and don't want to single click. I guess they don't want to harvest single click either, even though you can't get a plow job without someone harvesting first. And with more people layering their farms, there are going to be more harvest jobs than plow jobs, plain and simple.

I worked the market today for the first time in months. I took pretty much whatever came my way. One farmer hired a second person and they had 4x4, and promptly decided to take up everything, even the area where I was working. I thanked the farmer for the work and left. There was still plenty of work, even without asking for it.

sherdi the sower
Jan 24 2011, 04:30 PM
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! Yet another thread turned into a complaint-fest. Where in the world is the suggestion thread for actually improving the hiring process???

jeanieNGMsfarm
Jan 24 2011, 04:48 PM
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! Yet another thread turned into a complaint-fest. Where in the world is the suggestion thread for actually improving the hiring process???

seeing as you are in general feedback and not suggestions you wont find that thread here

HelenJS22
Jan 24 2011, 04:48 PM
I went to the hire market today and clicked on 7 people (one at a time, since I only hire solo) who said they wanted work. They all refused to harvest, they wanted to plow only. Crops have to be harvested before the ground can be plowed. Since I didn't feel like begging people to make money I went and did it myself, like always. If they won't harvest they don't get to plow. I can't understand why I even bother going there anymore. My grandsons farm where I was trying to hire people to work was all rhubarb, 3 farms of it and no one wanted it. Yet these same people are probably complaining they don't get any work because of the 4x4's. On my grand daughters farm, same thing. No one would do the flowers on farm one and two people I hired (one at a time) left. Farm 2 and 3 were rhubarb but they didn't wait around to see. As far as I am concerned hiring players without a 4x4 tool is a joke, they don't really want to work and the ones with the tools are grabbed up so fast you can't get them. It's just faster to do all of it myself and avoid that market altogether.

I don't go to the market very often these days, but when I do, I take all offers without any complaint whatsoever and never, ever leave a farm until it is finished. However, I do find that quite a lot of people play the hiring game by hiring someone who finds a million flowers to be done, and leaves out of sheer frustration, never knowing what is on the other farms as the PRIZE for doing the flowers.

Heads up to Whoopsidaisy - I am also often hired by people who allow me to do the 'prized' fields first and then, on finding that I am a willing fast worker, ask me very nicely if I am willing to do their million flowers at the end of the job. My answer to them is always YES !!!

snow_angel
Jan 24 2011, 07:02 PM

I wish I had been on earlier, I love it when I get hired to harvest rhubarb. Really make lots of coins. I once did 3 farms of overlapping rhubarb.

Whoopsidaisy
Jan 25 2011, 09:14 AM
I don't go to the market very often these days, but when I do, I take all offers without any complaint whatsoever and never, ever leave a farm until it is finished. However, I do find that quite a lot of people play the hiring game by hiring someone who finds a million flowers to be done, and leaves out of sheer frustration, never knowing what is on the other farms as the PRIZE for doing the flowers.

Heads up to Whoopsidaisy - I am also often hired by people who allow me to do the 'prized' fields first and then, on finding that I am a willing fast worker, ask me very nicely if I am willing to do their million flowers at the end of the job. My answer to them is always YES !!!

I always make it clear they can harvest as many or as few flowers as they wish, just let me know when they are done and I will send them to the next farm. These people just quit, didn't bother to tell me and I had no chance to hire them for the next farm. Doing flowers one at a time is a pain as I well know but if they do the better crops first they leave when they get to the flowers anyway so it's catch 22. If they are hired to do flowers they should not be surprised when they find some. Very few workers are as willing as you seem to be and that is the problem. They whine but they don't really want to work.

Personally I think a solution would be to allow people to come and harvest when you have a harvestable crop. They still wouldn't do the flowers though, as one quitter told me it wasn't worth his time. Like fishing, it doesn't pay enough to bother with.

Sig
Jan 25 2011, 03:03 PM
Whoops...we should be neighbors.

i have a flower harvester and i'm not afraid to use it... :D

snow_angel
Jan 25 2011, 06:29 PM
I've got the flower harvester too and now I don't mind harvesting flowers.

Whoopsidaisy
Jan 26 2011, 10:03 PM
Whoops...we should be neighbors.

i have a flower harvester and i'm not afraid to use it... :D

Thanks Sig and Snow Angel :) I talked to Tanni after dinner tonight and she said Thank you both very much but she's dumping flowers, lol. I have a flower harvester too but since we are all on the same computer I can't harvest hers. She has been growing crops and selling in the market place I think she may just expand on that. Wheat sells much better then forget me nots anyway. :)

Scott Lawrence
Feb 01 2011, 10:12 AM
Hi Friends,

I am a 4x4 plower and harvester. When I go to market I always ask to harvest then plow please, yet people consistently use me to harvest then hire someone else to plow.

I have composed a nice text file which I send to people who do this. It says the following:

It is common courtesy if someone harvests for you and they use THEIR fuel you let them plow. In the future do not hire me to harvest for you unless you plan to let me plow. :(

In the past couple of days I have had 2 ladies horribly complaint (witch with a capital B) to me when I sent it. Does this message contain any vulgarities? NO it doesnt!!!!

I think people need to stop being so darn self-centered and allow the person who is using their fuel to help them, to plow.

Simple and just the facts.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Happy Farming and Take Care.

Best regards,

Scott Lawrence
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

bluemoon2011
Feb 01 2011, 11:33 AM
I see your point and I always try to give the person I hire to harvest, the opportunity to plow if they want. On the other hand, I don't get upset if I harvest for someone and they hire someone else to plow. You *do* get coins and crops in exchange for using your fuel, so you are still benefitting even if you don't get to plow. If you have the oil refinery, your fuel shouldn't be much of an issue anyway. No, your message doesn't contain any vulgarities but I can see where it would be offensive to some players. Taking a harvest job entitles you to coins and crops only, no one is obligated to hire you to plow and it's certainly not their responsiblilty to remember who you are and not hire you again. If you don't want to work for them again there is no reason to send a note like that....just keep track of who didn't hire you to plow and turn down their hire requests in the future.

Mrs Mags
Feb 01 2011, 11:44 AM
Hi Friends,

I am a 4x4 plower and harvester. When I go to market I always ask to harvest then plow please, yet people consistently use me to harvest then hire someone else to plow.

I have composed a nice text file which I send to people who do this. It says the following:

It is common courtesy if someone harvests for you and they use THEIR fuel you let them plow. In the future do not hire me to harvest for you unless you plan to let me plow. :(

In the past couple of days I have had 2 ladies horribly complaint (witch with a capital B) to me when I sent it. Does this message contain any vulgarities? NO it doesnt!!!!

I think people need to stop being so darn self-centered and allow the person who is using their fuel to help them, to plow.

Simple and just the facts.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Happy Farming and Take Care.

Best regards,

Scott Lawrence
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

I fully understand your frustration...it happens a lot to me...I have started accepting only the plow hire request..which is sad really..but as you say..when you have used your fuel to help someone..it would be good if they asked if you wanted to plow before hiring someone else...:)

linda creech
Feb 01 2011, 01:53 PM
wow where are you guys when i need to hire all i can find is plow only or harvest only i like to hire people that will do both saves me time so i dont have to keep going to the mp or do it myself.

linda creech

whiteville n.c.

Scott Lawrence
Feb 01 2011, 05:36 PM
Hi again ya'll,

You folks can find me almost any day in the marketplace. I stand in the lower left corner of the screen and my nick is Scott (4x4 Plow & Harvest). Please hire me if you require assistance.

And yes they are NOT obligated to hire me to plow, but as my statement reflects, Bluemoon, common courtesy. People should have the common courtesy to let the worker plow as well as harvest. Coins and crops mean nothing to someone who is trying to level up as I am. I just achieved level 172. I was topped out for several months until farmtown started their updating and now the topmost level has surpassed me. More of a challenge? My fiance says it is an unending addiction. Unfortunately, these people who refuse to permit us to plow make the game no fun at all because of their selfishness

This is solely my opinion and you know what they say about those. Everyone has one and they all stink. But that's it.

Take care and thanks for the sympathetic concern ladies. I will see ya's on the game.

Best regards,

Scott Lawrence
Myrtle Beach, SC

Valdoe
Feb 01 2011, 06:24 PM
Hi again ya'll,

You folks can find me almost any day in the marketplace. I stand in the lower left corner of the screen and my nick is Scott (4x4 Plow & Harvest). Please hire me if you require assistance.

And yes they are NOT obligated to hire me to plow, but as my statement reflects, Bluemoon, common courtesy. People should have the common courtesy to let the worker plow as well as harvest. Coins and crops mean nothing to someone who is trying to level up as I am. I just achieved level 172. I was topped out for several months until farmtown started their updating and now the topmost level has surpassed me. More of a challenge? My fiance says it is an unending addiction. Unfortunately, these people who refuse to permit us to plow make the game no fun at all because of their selfishness

This is solely my opinion and you know what they say about those. Everyone has one and they all stink. But that's it.

Take care and thanks for the sympathetic concern ladies. I will see ya's on the game.

Best regards,

Scott Lawrence
Myrtle Beach, SC
I understand your feelings .. that why when hiring I say harvest only or harvest and plow..
You also have to realize too, some people hire to harvest and then see how good they are.. I had some shockers.. missed fields. very slow and not not connection.. they in the background talking to someone else etc. I had a few and refuse to hire for plowing not realizing that I waiting for them to finish.

Grumpa
Feb 01 2011, 07:02 PM
Hi again ya'll,

Best regards,

Scott Lawrence
Myrtle Beach, SC

While I try to stay around to hire the harvesting and plowing if I have the time there are times that i only jump on to get the harvesting done and will worry about the plowing later.

Depending on how many of my 8 farms need to be harvested at the time and how long I am able to play at the time.

If I can do both well and good. If not, I wo what I can do and that is the best I can do.:D

susme48
Feb 03 2011, 12:18 AM
Have not read the WHOLE thread...74 pages is too long for my time frame...but I read the first 5 or 6, and the last few...and all I can see here is why I do all my own work. I cannot stand the begging and pleading and often rudeness in the market; and if you ignore all of them, there is no one left usually. I used to offer the 'whole enchalada'...all farms harvesting and plowing-all the money, and exp just for you...and had very few takers. Amazing, truly to me, because I LOVED those kinds of jobs. I got so tired of hiring people who worked for a few minutes and then were gone. I know that sometimes things happen, and you get booted or whatever...but after 2-3 trips to the market in one sitting...I realized that I could have had the whole thing done sooner than finding someone to hire over and over again. Once in awhile I hire out...but I would say, that around 70-80% are a disaster, but the other few are wonderful people!! There are hard workers out there...but they are hard to find, for me anyway.

Farmgirl_Su
Feb 06 2011, 01:54 AM
Often I will hire and all my harvests and trees are fertilised and I never get even a 'thanks'

I will go with the farmer to the farm and say hi thank you for helping 7/10 I'm met with silence.. They just ignore me and then on finishing will say Plow now?
I refuse to rehire ill mannered people .
How hard is it to to say thanks for the work.

I'm one who often has 3-4 farms ready at once, all fertilised and often good crops I tend to do the 12hr and less ones myself. So by not being polite they miss out ..Do others find this too??

LOL thanks for listening to my rant..:)

Angels Shangri-La
Feb 06 2011, 05:19 AM
I don't go to the sharkitplace anymore, I gave up months ago because of similar experiences. I do it all myself, it's easier. I also don't backchat myself:D

Happy pants
Feb 06 2011, 09:00 AM
I'm fortunate enough to have a best friend who is also my neighbour.... and we harvest and plow for each other. If she backchats me, I can backhand her ( and vice versa ). ;)

Simera
Feb 06 2011, 10:06 AM
Lately I've been going to the Market to check out all of this "fair/not fair" about the 4x4 tools. I don't advertise that I have the 4x4's, not in my name and not in any messages there.
I also ask for a solo job. I get work almost instantly when I'm there.

IF I get hired along with a 1x1-worker, or many (I can't believe that people hire a lot of workers, still!) I either work only half the farm, or I simply leave.
It has happened that there is another worker with 1x1 and I'm too late to realize it. Well, then I apologize deeply, as I don't want to take work from anyone without those tools. Most people understand that.
When I ask for solo work, I assume to be working alone on a farm. But as said, if I see someone else with 1x1, I pull out of there or work only half the farm.

Some people say that it is impossible to find someone willing to harvest/work at the Market. My impression is the oposite.

As I do not advertise my tools in any way when at the Market, I don't see anything unfair about the whole thing.

Regards
Simera

Well. . . that was up till now, I tell you all.
Because; I'm now totally fed up with being called "greedy, rude and (the latest one) "thick in my head", when hired at the Market along with one or several 1x1-workers.

I have no need of being greedy, as I'm a 185-level farmer, and I have a lot of coins, and a lot of crops in my storage!!
SO, from now on I will not play as polite and nice, as I have been.

Sorry, 1x1-people. But I'm done with accepting dirty words because I've bought the 4x4 tools. I'm very disappointed by that kind of behaviour from 1x1-farmers.
The 4x4-tools are legal tools (when bought with FC).

Regards
Simera

pythonis
Feb 06 2011, 10:42 AM
t would be good if they asked if you wanted to plow before hiring someone else...:)
I always check to see what level the harvester is. If they are level 185 (or current max) I thank them for working and go find someone of lower level to offer the XP to. Lot of newbies out there needing xp. I see no reason to give xp to someone that just wants to jump up 20 levels at the next update.

Don't feed the beggers
Feb 06 2011, 11:00 AM
poor manners are everywhere, I don't figure there is much I can do about it. If people want to be rude so be it. I', just happy that my life is not as miserable as theirs and minding manners is not an issue for me.

Don't feed the beggers
Feb 06 2011, 11:14 AM
I hate plowing, with planting my own farms I get enough xp's. I try not to do do much to get xp's b/c I don't want to be bumped to the top should they add new levels, I wanna work to get there like I should be doing. EVen then I still won't plow, planting my 8 farms gives me enough xp's.

I don't hire those who harvest to plow all the time. I see no reason why someone at the highest level needs the xp's when there are other people there climbing slowly to get to the highest level, I wanna help those people, not the 185 who just want to be at the top should they add new levels.

If my motives don't work for someone, thats their issue. I will not take responsibility for someone else's thought process, only my own.

Ma Kettle II
Feb 07 2011, 12:47 AM
I have a simple question: If I work on a friends farm and I get a percentage of the work I've done, it goes into my Storage, now can that product be used towards my facilities? for example, I get hot dog buns or bread, if I have the other items already will it allow me to use their items in my factories?

I'm enjoying this game alot I get frustrated though as I have few friends, but I've clawed my way up to get a second farm, Without FC... believe you me, it's taken a long time. Please forgive me if some how I've placed this question in the wrong place. With over 51 pages in this topic alone, I've not read all the posts.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ma Kettle II

Tony D
Feb 07 2011, 12:51 AM
I have a simple question: If I work on a friends farm and I get a percentage of the work I've done, it goes into my Storage, now can that product be used towards my facilities? for example, I get hot dog buns or bread, if I have the other items already will it allow me to use their items in my factories?

I'm enjoying this game alot I get frustrated though as I have few friends, but I've clawed my way up to get a second farm, Without FC... believe you me, it's taken a long time. Please forgive me if some how I've placed this question in the wrong place. With over 51 pages in this topic alone, I've not read all the posts.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ma Kettle IIHi M.K. II simple answer , yes you can. :)any items you earn by harvesting at another farm or by helping in a facilty go into your storage and can be used in your facilities ...

Simera
Feb 07 2011, 05:15 PM
Just a note from me about the xp's; it seems like many of the folks in here think that we at the highest level do not "deserve" any xp's from plowing, after we have cleared(harvested) a lot of crops on other peoples farms. (Including those annoying layered farms) Why not???

It's not *us* who have stopped the xp's to level up, it's the devs!
If we use our fuel to harvest all kind of farms, I don't see why we shouldn't get our xp's while plowing.

I DO help a lot of low-levelled players to level up. . . a lot. And I *never* ask if a person is 1x1, or have the 4x4-tools when I hire someone.

I work from the Market because I still find it amusing, but I sure want to get "rewarded" with the xp's from plowing, after clearing a farm of crops.

It seems a bit strange to me that someone don't want us 185 (for now) to gain our xp's from plowing.
If we had an automatic level-up by xp's still, we would be far "up there".
But please, let us have the pleasure of working like anyone else, even if we're at the highest level.

NB: If I hire one 1x1-person to work, or a 4x4-person, I *always* let them take care of the plowing, as well.

Regards
Simera

pythonis
Feb 07 2011, 05:20 PM
i dont care if a level 185 is willing to plow. Lots of times i dont look to see what level a person is because im just in too big of a hurry and i need help immediately. However when i go into the market and see someone repeatedly saying "PLOWWWWWWWWWWWW PLOWWWWWWWWWW HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and theyre level 185 then you can bet your you know what that they wont be getting hired

Simera
Feb 07 2011, 05:26 PM
i dont care if a level 185 is willing to plow. Lots of times i dont look to see what level a person is because im just in too big of a hurry and i need help immediately. However when i go into the market and see someone repeatedly saying "PLOWWWWWWWWWWWW PLOWWWWWWWWWW HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and theyre level 185 then you can bet your you know what that they wont be getting hired

I totally agree with you there!! Whatever level those "screamers" are, they go on my Ignore-button. LOL
Behaviour is a must, in MP, in here and in real-life.

Regards
Simera

StoneFace
Feb 07 2011, 07:01 PM
I hate plowing, with planting my own farms I get enough xp's. I try not to do do much to get xp's b/c I don't want to be bumped to the top should they add new levels, I wanna work to get there like I should be doing. EVen then I still won't plow, planting my 8 farms gives me enough xp's.

I don't hire those who harvest to plow all the time. I see no reason why someone at the highest level needs the xp's when there are other people there climbing slowly to get to the highest level, I wanna help those people, not the 185 who just want to be at the top should they add new levels.

If my motives don't work for someone, thats their issue. I will not take responsibility for someone else's thought process, only my own.

that is both the strangest and funniest thing I have read her in a LONG time.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

StoneFace
Feb 07 2011, 07:09 PM
I always check to see what level the harvester is. If they are level 185 (or current max) I thank them for working and go find someone of lower level to offer the XP to. Lot of newbies out there needing xp. I see no reason to give xp to someone that just wants to jump up 20 levels at the next update.

Haha.... I do that too.

When the worker is harvesting (after I specifically ask for lower level farmers to help them out) I visit their farm.

If they say they are low 100s or under and it turns out they are much higher, or even maxed, I return and congratulate them on working just one farm and jumping so many levels.... and tell them thanks and good bye.

A couple days back I had 8 farms of fertilized rhubarb ( I do that for fun once in awhile) and some "grandma" avatar was begging for work. So I hired her when she said "no tools" and figured it would make her day. Wouldn't you know it, she harvested with a 4x4.

I questioned her and she said "... well, I don't have ALL the tools yet, and I don't plow, I just harvest"

I said "thanks, enjoy your level 176.... I have to go to the market now and find someone else for the other 7 farms of fertilized rhubarb.... good bye"

and I did....

I thank that level 45 farmer is STILL counting all the coin and points he made, while I did other things and just watched the screen.

Farm Town can be all sorts of fun.:D

Simera
Feb 07 2011, 07:51 PM
Haha.... I do that too.

When the worker is harvesting (after I specifically ask for lower level farmers to help them out) I visit their farm.

If they say they are low 100s or under and it turns out they are much higher, or even maxed, I return and congratulate them on working just one farm and jumping so many levels.... and tell them thanks and good bye.

A couple days back I had 8 farms of fertilized rhubarb ( I do that for fun once in awhile) and some "grandma" avatar was begging for work. So I hired her when she said "no tools" and figured it would make her day. Wouldn't you know it, she harvested with a 4x4.

I questioned her and she said "... well, I don't have ALL the tools yet, and I don't plow, I just harvest"

I said "thanks, enjoy your level 176.... I have to go to the market now and find someone else for the other 7 farms of fertilized rhubarb.... good bye"

and I did....

I thank that level 45 farmer is STILL counting all the coin and points he made, while I did other things and just watched the screen.

WOW!!! I guess there's all kind of "cheaters" on the Market!! Just me being naiv, and trying to do the "right thing".
*Banging my forehead on the keyboard*
LOL
Regards
Simera

JAS0643
Feb 07 2011, 10:14 PM
Haha.... I do that too.

and I did....

All I am going to say to this is when you play games with people don't be surprised if they play games with you. Go to the market place with clean hands then come here and complain about people not doing the right thing, other wise you reap what you sow.

pythonis
Feb 08 2011, 09:01 AM
You dont have to do all that. Just click on the person and click on "send message to". in the popup window it will show what level that person is.

pythonis
Feb 08 2011, 09:02 AM
that is both the strangest and funniest thing I have read her in a LONG time.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:whats so funny about it?

StoneFace
Feb 08 2011, 09:44 AM
whats so funny about it?

this was the sentence I referred to:

I try not to do do much to get xp's b/c I don't want to be bumped to the top should they add new levels, I wanna work to get there like I should be doing.

funny because:

[1] try not(?) to get exp points? ...... that is one of the goals of the game

[2] don't want to be "bumped" to the top? ..... hhhmmmm

[3] I want to work..... maybe it should read "I don't want to work, because I want to work"

[4] "....like I should be doing" I did not know you should wait/stall/dormant yourself until new levels were there to work for.

Reminds me of the tv game show "Whose Line Is It?"

once you get the game played "the points don't matter"

StoneFace
Feb 08 2011, 09:45 AM
You dont have to do all that. Just click on the person and click on "send message to". in the popup window it will show what level that person is.

pythonis
Feb 08 2011, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=StoneFace;4437354]this was the sentence I referred to:

I try not to do do much to get xp's b/c I don't want to be bumped to the top should they add new levels, I wanna work to get there like I should be doing.

What the person meant was that they didnt want to be one of those marketplace plow only beggars that are just trying to hoard xp so that when there is an update they get "bumped" to the new max level (then theyre back in the mp begging to plow and complaining theres not enough levels again). This person doesnt want to be a hoarder. He/she is in no big hurry "I'll get to the top when I get to the top" kind of philosophy

Don't feed the beggers
Feb 08 2011, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=StoneFace;4437354]this was the sentence I referred to:

What the person meant was that they didnt want to be one of those marketplace plow only beggars that are just trying to hoard xp so that when there is an update they get "bumped" to the new max level (then theyre back in the mp begging to plow and complaining theres not enough levels again). This person doesnt want to be a hoarder. He/she is in no big hurry "I'll get to the top when I get to the top" kind of philosophy

ty, this is exactly what I meant. Where is the fun, if I just get there when they do add more levels? why is wanting to work to get there when its time so weird?

pythonis
Feb 08 2011, 11:01 AM
i started playing about 2-3 weeks after the game was introduced. only time i ever "jumped" was when level 32 was the max and we were told that currently there were no intentions of adding new levels. Everyone just kept on playing for the heck of it. When levels were added I think i went up maybe 5 or 6 levels but i havent had that happen since then.

JAS0643
Feb 08 2011, 11:16 AM
[quote=StoneFace;4437354]this was the sentence I referred to:

Like I said before a person doesn't need to got to the mp and beg for plowing job to jump to the top level when they come out. I rarely if every plow and I have been at the top level since august of 2009.

i started playing about 2-3 weeks after the game was introduced. only time i ever "jumped" was when level 32 was the max and we were told that currently there were no intentions of adding new levels. Everyone just kept on playing for the heck of it. When levels were added I think i went up maybe 5 or 6 levels but i havent had that happen since then.

I am not sure what game you are playing but when I started farm town there was 34 levels and it was always known that there would be more levels added it was just a matter of when. I never saw a mod or a developer say there would never be any new levels added to the game.

HelenJS22
Feb 08 2011, 04:36 PM
Haha.... I do that too.

and I did....

Please tell me what is wrong with a high level player working through the markets regardless of their level or what their farm looks like? If they are playing in the spirit of the game, and yes, even with tools supplied by the game, then they have a right to do so. I have bought a 4x4 harvester and plow to work my neighbours farms, but if I am hired from the markets along with others I leave them in my storage and do my fair share with a single harvester or plow. We are not all cheats, and the reason we have nice farms with high levels is that we enjoy playing this game in the spirit in which it was intented with all the options of the game that we are enabled to use.

Who died and made you the Farm Town police ??