PDA

View Full Version : Discussions about Hiring and Hiring Practices

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Don't feed the beggers
Feb 08 2011, 04:40 PM
Please tell me what is wrong with a high level player working through the markets regardless of their level or what their farm looks like? If they are playing in the spirit of the game, and yes, even with tools supplied by the game, then they have a right to do so. I have bought a 4x4 harvester and plow to work my neighbours farms, but if I am hired from the markets along with others I leave them in my storage and do my fair share with a single harvester or plow. We are not all cheats, and the reason we have nice farms with high levels is that we enjoy playing this game in the spirit in which it was intented with all the options of the game that we are enabled to use.

Who died and made you the Farm Town police ??

I think it has more do to with the fact that she lied, she claimed to have no tools and yet harvested 4x4...I would have been ticked as well, I do not deal with liars well either. Now had she of been honest than that would have been different, but obvioulsy she feels that advertising that she has 4x4 is a bad thing, so why advertise that you do or do not have tools to begin with? why lie?

HelenJS22
Feb 08 2011, 05:05 PM
I think it has more do to with the fact that she lied, she claimed to have no tools and yet harvested 4x4...I would have been ticked as well, I do not deal with liars well either. Now had she of been honest than that would have been different, but obvioulsy she feels that advertising that she has 4x4 is a bad thing, so why advertise that you do or do not have tools to begin with? why lie?

I quite believe StoneFace would have treated her the same way even if she had not advertised 'no tools' and then harvested using them. I've seen some of the nasty comments hurled at people who had advertised having tools. Since the inception of 4x4s farmers in the markets really are ****ed if they do and ****ed if they don't.

I had a private message from a farmer telling me that he used to hire me a lot, but he'd just checked out my farm for 4x4s and 'since I don't have them' he'd rather hire someone who does these days ..... my 4x4s are not on display on any of my farms. I keep them away in storage, as do many others.

It's a shame that the introduction of these 'super tools' has made for a very snipey market place, and a whole lot of sometimes very nasty unofficial 'Farm Town police'.

HelenJS22
Feb 08 2011, 05:11 PM
I quite believe StoneFace would have treated her the same way even if she had not advertised 'no tools' and then harvested using them. I've seen some of the nasty comments hurled at people who had advertised having tools. Since the inception of 4x4s farmers in the markets really are ****ed if the do and ****ed if the don't.

I had a private message from a farmer telling me that he used to hire me a lot, but he'd just checked out my farm for 4x4s and 'since I don't have them' he'd rather hire someone who does these days ..... my 4x4s are not on display on any of my farms. I keep them away in storage, as do many others.

It's a shame that the introduction of these 'super tools' has made for a very snipey market place, and a whole lot of sometimes very nasty unofficial 'Farm Town police'.

Oh that's funny - the term "****ed" I used has nothing to do with swearing. Sometimes these things just go tooooooo far with ridiculousness.

pythonis
Feb 08 2011, 06:37 PM
[quote=pythonis;4437394]

Like I said before a person doesn't need to got to the mp and beg for plowing job to jump to the top level when they come out. I rarely if every plow and I have been at the top level since august of 2009.

I am not sure what game you are playing but when I started farm town there was 34 levels and it was always known that there would be more levels added it was just a matter of when. I never saw a mod or a developer say there would never be any new levels added to the game.
just because you dont like to plow and you hire others to do it for you doesnt mean anything. You get xp even if someone else plows for you. So you may not like the act of plowing but you sure do like getting the xp. Change it to where only the person plowing gets the xp and i bet youll change your tune real quick. And i never said that we were told there would never be new levels. I said we were told "currently there are no plans to add new levels". It wasnt "always known". You just hopefully assumed and happened to get it right.

pythonis
Feb 08 2011, 07:00 PM
Please tell me what is wrong with a high level player working through the markets regardless of their level or what their farm looks like? If they are playing in the spirit of the game, and yes, even with tools supplied by the game, then they have a right to do so. I have bought a 4x4 harvester and plow to work my neighbours farms, but if I am hired from the markets along with others I leave them in my storage and do my fair share with a single harvester or plow. We are not all cheats, and the reason we have nice farms with high levels is that we enjoy playing this game in the spirit in which it was intented with all the options of the game that we are enabled to use.

Who died and made you the Farm Town police ??

i dont care if someone wants to keep playing. I dont mind it at all. Its the ones that stand in the market and practically scream to everyone that theyre better than everyone else and to please hire them because they just NEED xp. Trust me i see it everyday. Then they come in here and want to know when new levels will be added because they have all these xp's and they "want their farm cash NOW!" To me, thats going against the "etiquette" of playing the game. Give the devs time to work on previous suggestions and glitches...not adding new levels.

And if someone had died and made me the farm town police a lot of farms would be gone. Nothing gets my goat more than seeing people complain that they need another farm so bad because 6,7, 8 whatever just isnt enough for them. Then you visit their farms and one is full the 2nd has a house and a chicken the 3rd has facilities and the rest have nothing but decorations with no crops whatsoever. This is Farm Town...it isnt Lawn Decoration Town.

Tony D
Feb 08 2011, 07:03 PM
Hi, I know we have allowed a little latitude with discussions in the General Feedback section but some of the posts are becoming a bit more than having a differing view on a topic. Please keep in mind that abusive or attacking posts will be deleted and try and keep it friendy.....

pythonis
Feb 08 2011, 07:09 PM
Notice to mod: As far as Im concerned this is a casual discussion. I have no anger towards anyone here

HelenJS22
Feb 08 2011, 07:28 PM
Ooooops Tony's watching !! Sowwy Tony :(

JAS0643
Feb 08 2011, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=JAS0643;4437466]just because you dont like to plow and you hire others to do it for you doesnt mean anything. You get xp even if someone else plows for you. So you may not like the act of plowing but you sure do like getting the xp. Change it to where only the person plowing gets the xp and i bet youll change your tune real quick. And i never said that we were told there would never be new levels. I said we were told "currently there are no plans to add new levels". It wasnt "always known". You just hopefully assumed and happened to get it right.

First by the not wanting to plow is refering to going to the mp to look for plowing jobs not plowing my own fields. People do not need to camp.out at the mp to get the xps needed to jump 20 levels when new levels come out. Second on the levels I do not ever remember the Mods or developers ever leading us to believe that new levels would never come.

Hindfeet
Feb 08 2011, 10:09 PM
I am a high level player who recently started going back to the Market to work. I don't need the xp, coins or even the crops. I have more than enough of all those things. I go back for these reasons:

1. I am tired and bored from sitting on my farm clicking away at my facilities when I am not sowing or harvesting.

2. I have all these cool super tools sitting idle on my farm when I am not using them. Putting them to work is a very good thing.

3. I go for the people who have a hard time getting help in the Market. Everyone wants to plow, and very few will harvest flowers, fish, or chop or do trees. I do all those jobs for very grateful farmers. I haven't forgotten how I use to have to beg to get help with my two farms full of flowers. So I get the jobs that nobody else wants. All I do is add (All Tools) to my name. I say nothing. I just stand there, and I don't have hands to handle all the requests from very grateful farmers.

4. I see my super tools as toys, and I love to play with them. So I do have a lot of fun working for others with them. They have really put the fun back into my game!

It is my humble opinion that some players are going to be dissatisfied no matter what we do. That's their game! We just need to keep on moving and have some fun while we are at it :).

Peace and Love.

StoneFace
Feb 09 2011, 10:14 AM
I am a high level player who recently started going back to the Market to work. I don't need the xp, coins or even the crops. I have more than enough of all those things. I go back for these reasons:

1. I am tired and bored from sitting on my farm clicking away at my facilities when I am not sowing or harvesting.

2. I have all these cool super tools sitting idle on my farm when I am not using them. Putting them to work is a very good thing.

3. I go for the people who have a hard time getting help in the Market. Everyone wants to plow, and very few will harvest flowers, fish, or chop or do trees. I do all those jobs for very grateful farmers. I haven't forgotten how I use to have to beg to get help with my two farms full of flowers. So I get the jobs that nobody else wants. All I do is add (All Tools) to my name. I say nothing. I just stand there, and I don't have hands to handle all the requests from very grateful farmers.

4. I see my super tools as toys, and I love to play with them. So I do have a lot of fun working for others with them. They have really put the fun back into my game!

It is my humble opinion that some players are going to be dissatisfied no matter what we do. That's their game! We just need to keep on moving and have some fun while we are at it :).

Peace and Love.

Thanks for putting it so well. I say Amen to each of your four points, and agree with your HO.

IMHO I think those who refer to others like myself as "farmtown police" are unable to handle opinion other than their own, or perhaps are just not reading the whole post(s).

[1] At times I enjoy hiring a single-plotter" and feel that most of them are happy to get solo work. I occasionally plant fertilized rhubarb (relatively useless to me) just to give to a single-plotter. I will continue to refuse/police the 4x4 in that instance if I can. More often than not, I have to tell the single-plotter harvester to take their time because it is all theirs.:cool:

[2] At times I hire 4x4s just to get the job done quicker. Some are high levels or maxed - no biggie. I will continue to hire whom I choose to hire.

[3] At times I do all the work myself with my own 4x4s, saw, and boat. This is a game and I enjoy the "work" too.

[4] And at times I will go to the market, give notice that I have the 4x4s, and enjoy what I get.. .. usually the jobs most don't want (lazy? greedy? - don't care really).

Again, kudos for your comments. You are now elevated from officer to Detective. ;)

Sweet Potato Girl
Feb 16 2011, 07:35 AM
I was at the marketplace and there was a person who wanted to hire someone to fish. He wasn't there no more than five minutes probably about three minutes at the most. Asked several times for someone to fish for him. Of course nobody likes to fish. He got frustrated and said you people are lazy.

OverTheRainbow
Feb 16 2011, 08:20 AM
Earlier this week I was hired to fish. I have a boat and was ready for a hearty catch. The hiring farmer was a lower level with a small farm and one patch of river. I clicked on my boat and there was only one fish available. The farmer said, "I only have one fish". One click. I thanked the farmer for the work and they thanked me for my help. It brought back memories of my early days in this game when I did not have much to offer other farmers but wanted to participate in the game. I'm thankful for those who were tolerant and nice to me at that time.

Ljj
Feb 16 2011, 08:53 AM
I would like to say that generally most people on here are polite some chatty some not! the rudest one i have come across was yesterday. i was merrily harvesting away, as a newbie and a single harvester, when up my jacksey was a 4x4 plower who was very impatient!! i got a chat message of zzzzzzz!!!
I'm sorry to say that made me go slower!!!
Ha Ha!!

snow_angel
Feb 16 2011, 11:12 AM
I would like to say that generally most people on here are polite some chatty some not! the rudest one i have come across was yesterday. i was merrily harvesting away, as a newbie and a single harvester, when up my jacksey was a 4x4 plower who was very impatient!! i got a chat message of zzzzzzz!!!
I'm sorry to say that made me go slower!!!
Ha Ha!!

lol If he/she if they weren't going to hire you to plow then they should've waited until you had at least half the farm harvested before hiring someone to plow

Keeta
Feb 21 2011, 05:41 PM
Greetings,

I've always enjoyed playing FT with or without all the bells and whistles. My most enjoyment would be relaxing after supper with a cup of tea working for others through the market place. I do NOT own any of the tools that I can use on another persons farm. I do however, own all of the 1x1 tools and pluck those pretty flowers with my own gardening gloves, or shake them trees myself, or put string on a stick to fish and I do it all fairly quickly and efficiently. :)

I am NOT against any of the spiffy tools that allows another to advance in the game far more quickly than myself. What I do find to be quite rude and very frustrating is when another person comes to the farm after being hired and takes everything in one fast swoop leaving me with nothing but my overalls. At the beginning I went with the flow, feeling that some people are just greedy because they can hide behind a monitor. Then it started happening on a very regular basis. Now when I think about logging in to relax on farm town, I find myself questioning whether I want to even bother with the market place or not.

Can we please have a little common courtesy when working with others on farms? Not all of us have every facility or own every tool available or have billions of coins stashed away. Some of us like to enjoy the game just as much as you enjoy doing all the work in one nice quick swoop.

Thank you :)

Chrissy Bee
Feb 21 2011, 08:04 PM
Replying to Keeta,

Your comment is a reflection of exactly how I am feeling at the moment. If I find myself on a farm, harvesting with someone with tools, I usually make a comment to the person who has hired me along the lines of, it is a waste of my time and effort even trying to compete with someone using a tool and then leave the farm. I try to only hire people ,for work on my farm,who do not have tools.

A lot of common courtesy, not a little is needed. I don't have any problem with people choosing to spend their money on the tools. If that is how they wish to progress in the game, fair enough, BUT, please don't forget your manners.

Many thanks. :o)

Sweet Potato Girl
Feb 21 2011, 09:11 PM
I have the plow too so when I'm hired and there is someone else doing the same job I only do half the field and leave them the other half. Seems fair enough to me.

Chrissy Bee
Feb 21 2011, 09:20 PM
Sweet Potato Girl.......I have not come across anyone like you when I have been hired alongside a tool-owner. Most just harvest o plough over you. You are a Champion. Thanks. :o)

Charo
Feb 21 2011, 09:24 PM
I have an autoclicker and the 4x plow, but I am conscious of this and will leave half if someone else is hired without tools.

lcswdonna
Feb 21 2011, 09:53 PM
I hope that there are more of us that share than not, but there have always been rude, greedy people out of the market. I always share, and look for others before I start harvesting or plowing. If plowing, I leave it to others as I really do not need the exp points, making sure it is ok with the farmer. I remember being stepped on, and crowded out way before tools. I tried to use just the one by one if there were others on the farm, but with the disabilities I have, it is painful to do, so I explain to the other(s) that I am only going to do my share. I am sorry for all the baffoons out there, don't give up on farmtown, we are not all like that. Use your neighbors and buddy up too, it is easier to hire off a neighbor or buddy list when you know the person is honorable and will finish the job every time. If you can build up farms that you are rehired on, you hardly have to go to the market for work. I have buddies and neighbors that message me when they see my light on to see if I have work available. I think some of them visit farms to see who has crops ready also, then message when they will be available.

amberdh
Feb 21 2011, 10:33 PM
Hello All :) Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings on this matter.

But please keep in mind that all feedback here needs to be posted in a polite and respectful manner.

Thank you!!

ScottLanter
Feb 21 2011, 10:45 PM
I respectfully disagree that people are being rude when they harvest or plow with someone. They are just utilizing the tools they have to work with to get the job done.

artisanrox
Feb 22 2011, 09:28 AM
I only hire solo so this is not a problem on my farms.

However, if I see someone is stalling and stalling, I WILL hire someone to work right under their nose, preferably with a tool.

EDIT to say, by the way, what level are you? I stopped working on others' farms a looong time ago, I'm on level 140-something. Once you get your foot in the door and get some good facilities and multiple farms, you really shouldn't even have to work on others' farms at all.

Charo
Feb 22 2011, 10:19 AM
I am NOT against any of the spiffy tools that allows another to advance in the game far more quickly than myself. What I do find to be quite rude and very frustrating is when another person comes to the farm after being hired and takes everything in one fast swoop leaving me with nothing but my overalls.

She is not complaining about the tools, Scott, but the behavior of taking everything just because they can.

ScottLanter
Feb 22 2011, 10:33 AM
She is not complaining about the tools, Scott, but the behavior of taking everything just because they can.

Sure, I understand what she means, Charo. But, players who have spent real money to purchase 4X4 equipment shouldn't feel obligated to hold back, either. After all, it's a game...and games are competitive. Remember when everyone was harvesting and plowing 1X1? I can remember working on farms with people would zip through a farm, without any regard for other workers. The fast clickers weren't trying to be rude. They were just being competitive.

Charo
Feb 22 2011, 10:47 AM
People with two different values really can't argue because it's useless. Values aren't going to change. I see it as being rude, and unless the farm owner asks me to pick up the slack, I wouldn't take more than a proportionate share. "Competitive" is just a cover for "greedy" if you ask me.

ScottLanter
Feb 22 2011, 11:42 AM
People with two different values really can't argue because it's useless. Values aren't going to change. I see it as being rude, and unless the farm owner asks me to pick up the slack, I wouldn't take more than a proportionate share. "Competitive" is just a cover for "greedy" if you ask me.

Competitive isn't a cover for "greedy". Games are naturally supposed to be competitive. Imagine how boring Monopoly would be if everyone shared properties and cash. Would it be rude for someone to have Boardwalk and Park Place, both? Or, should they give one of those two properties to another player to level the playing field? Some might consider auto clickers to be unfair. I don't use them, myself, but if somebody does, that's up to them. :)

Scarlet
Feb 22 2011, 02:12 PM
I also try to leave half, but it not always as easy as it sounds. Sometimes the hire offers come through at different times and I've already sone a whole lot before I realise someone else is there. Also, not everyone wants that. I offered to leave half for someone one time, and they said no thank you. Another time, I left half for someone else (explaining that in the chat) and they just didn't finish it. Perhaps they were bumped, of course. But I prefer being hired alone or with another 4x4 owner so that it evens things up.

WhyNotSmile
Feb 22 2011, 02:34 PM
I only ever hire one person at a time, and generally I try to hire people without tools, unless I'm in a rush to get the farm harvested for some reason.

Very rarely I have hired 2 people at once, and if one of them takes all the work, I just don't hire them again. If they do all the harvesting and leave the other person with none, I make sure I give the other person first choice to plow.

Charo
Feb 22 2011, 05:02 PM
Competitive isn't a cover for "greedy". Games are naturally supposed to be competitive. Imagine how boring Monopoly would be if everyone shared properties and cash. Would it be rude for someone to have Boardwalk and Park Place, both? Or, should they give one of those two properties to another player to level the playing field? Some might consider auto clickers to be unfair. I don't use them, myself, but if somebody does, that's up to them. :)

Farm Town isn't a race. There isn't a prize for having the most xp, or the most stuff. It is more like Seinfeld, except in the context of farming. Yes, there are levels that present a challenge for players. But you don't gain anything by stopping another player from leveling.

By hogging everything, you potentially turn other players off from the game, which means less work for everyone since you lose a participant in the market. And more importantly, you potentially turn away another source of income for Slashkey, to keep this game going.

Is it really worth that, being "competitive" in this non-competitive game?

Emily Murphy
Feb 22 2011, 10:09 PM
I am level 185 and do not need to work on others' farms. However, I enjoy it. I have all the tools, but try to watch to see if someone else is hired to work without the tools. If so, I switch to single tool and go pretty slow. Or if it's not a very large farm, I just leave. I've been embarrassed a few times when I didn't see someone else working until I was done. I felt bad and apologized. But I agree, people should be more considerate. Just because you are at a level or have enough money to buy tools shouldn't handicap others, and they probably need the work more anyway. On the reverse side of the coin, I have found it difficult to find people who will actually complete my large fields if they don't have tools...not always, but quite often. And I always hire solo...always have. I come back and find fields partially done. And I have been hired often to work on farms left unfinished. I do understand that sometimes people get kicked off. But it too is something to think about.

topmop
Feb 23 2011, 05:51 AM
Greetings,

I've always enjoyed playing FT with or without all the bells and whistles. My most enjoyment would be relaxing after supper with a cup of tea working for others through the market place. I do NOT own any of the tools that I can use on another persons farm. I do however, own all of the 1x1 tools and pluck those pretty flowers with my own gardening gloves, or shake them trees myself, or put string on a stick to fish and I do it all fairly quickly and efficiently. :)

I am NOT against any of the spiffy tools that allows another to advance in the game far more quickly than myself. What I do find to be quite rude and very frustrating is when another person comes to the farm after being hired and takes everything in one fast swoop leaving me with nothing but my overalls. At the beginning I went with the flow, feeling that some people are just greedy because they can hide behind a monitor. Then it started happening on a very regular basis. Now when I think about logging in to relax on farm town, I find myself questioning whether I want to even bother with the market place or not.

Can we please have a little common courtesy when working with others on farms? Not all of us have every facility or own every tool available or have billions of coins stashed away. Some of us like to enjoy the game just as much as you enjoy doing all the work in one nice quick swoop.

Thank you :)

Agreed, but the courtesy must go both ways. I have all the tools and when harvesting with someone else I always leave half. Then I will say something like; "you can have the rest." If there is no "thank you" I go ahead and take it all.

bluemoon2011
Feb 23 2011, 07:49 AM
Agreed, but the courtesy must go both ways. I have all the tools and when harvesting with someone else I always leave half. Then I will say something like; "you can have the rest." If there is no "thank you" I go ahead and take it all.

I too have noticed that people are very quick to complain about the 4x4 harvesters that take everything but they don't bother to say thank you when you tell them you will stop at half. I always leave half if I'm working with someone else, and I always tell them right away not to leave just because I have the 4x4 tools because I will stop at half. Only ONCE has anyone ever said thank you, and it was the farm owner, not the other worker who said it. Courtesy goes both ways.

ScottLanter
Feb 23 2011, 08:10 AM
Farm Town isn't a race. There isn't a prize for having the most xp, or the most stuff. It is more like Seinfeld, except in the context of farming. Yes, there are levels that present a challenge for players. But you don't gain anything by stopping another player from leveling.

By hogging everything, you potentially turn other players off from the game, which means less work for everyone since you lose a participant in the market. And more importantly, you potentially turn away another source of income for Slashkey, to keep this game going.

Is it really worth that, being "competitive" in this non-competitive game?

I didn't say it was a race. I said it was competitive....like games are intended to be. And, nobody can stop another player from leveling, as there are always jobs to be had in the marketplace. If some players choose not to purchase Farm Cash and obtain the 4X4 equipment, that is entirely their choiice. But, as one who did make that investment to enhance my game playing, I will utilize the 4X4 equipment to their maximum. The farmer who hires me is wanting the job done so he/she can plant. I won't keep them waiting. After all, they're competing against their neighbors, and time means money for them.

LoreneC
Feb 23 2011, 08:50 AM
There are no real races or competitions set up by the game

People who like competition will find a way to make it competitve such as racing for crops, xps, coins. etc. To each their own, I say.

ScottLanter
Feb 23 2011, 09:02 AM
There are no real races or competitions set up by the game

People who like competition will find a way to make it competitve such as racing for crops, xps, coins. etc. To each their own, I say.

Very true. And, people who don't like competition can always find a way to make a game non-competitive, as well. Everyone has different tastes, I suppose. If the game were not set up to be competitive, there wouldn't be coins or XP. Everyone in the game is competitive, whether they think they are or not. Some of them simply compete with themselves. I find competition with others to be more challenging and fun. Think how the World Series would be if neither team were competitive. Wouldnt' be much of a game, would it?

And, I'm really happy to have like-minded neighbors who are also competitive. We keep each other on our toes, and always have a fun goal to achieve, even as we all approach the 15,000,000 XP mark.

I can't remember one time ever being bored with Farm Town. There are so many ways to play the game, and we can all chose which path we like to take. In the end, enjoyment is the ultimate goal for each of us.

Freespirit.13
Feb 23 2011, 09:06 AM
I really must agree with Keeta, the same thing has happened to me many times and you become despondent, and then start to think is it worth keeping going with the game. And I disagree with Artinsox when they say that you shouldn't even have to go to other farms to work, part of the "joy" for me is going and meeting new people, having a "chat" with them, that is how the game started and how we all got our neighbours/buddies. I will stick with the game a bit longer, but it is disheartening.

Ljj
Feb 23 2011, 09:08 AM
Today I stood in the Market place surrounded by people only wanting to plow. Me, I said I will do all jobs and I got hired twice and was asked to do harvesting and then the all important plowing on all their farms!! There is work out there and there are people to do it, one of the farmers I worked for asked half a dozen people before I said yes!!

Charo
Feb 23 2011, 08:22 PM
Very true. And, people who don't like competition can always find a way to make a game non-competitive, as well. Everyone has different tastes, I suppose. If the game were not set up to be competitive, there wouldn't be coins or XP. Everyone in the game is competitive, whether they think they are or not. Some of them simply compete with themselves. I find competition with others to be more challenging and fun. Think how the World Series would be if neither team were competitive. Wouldnt' be much of a game, would it?

And, I'm really happy to have like-minded neighbors who are also competitive. We keep each other on our toes, and always have a fun goal to achieve, even as we all approach the 15,000,000 XP mark.

I can't remember one time ever being bored with Farm Town. There are so many ways to play the game, and we can all chose which path we like to take. In the end, enjoyment is the ultimate goal for each of us.

The xp is strictly a measure used to determine levels, which unlocks new things. It gives people goals to work toward and keeps the game fresh, as you cannot buy everything available in the game - some things have to be earned.

As I said before, you don't get anything by preventing another person from leveling. You don't "win" Farm Town. Just because you make it into a race doesn't mean that it is a race. This isn't the "world series" of internet farming. Nobody "wins" versus another player here. Your level 185 is the same as my level 185, although I'm sure you have a lot more xp than me.

And though you may focus on the word "race" - even if you substitute the word "competition" it doesn't change the fact that the person without tools now has to race to get a few plots before you scoop them all up. It's a race.

Whoopsidaisy
Feb 24 2011, 06:47 AM
I don't know what the big deal is. I never worked for anyone else and rarely hired others to work my farm after running into picky workers, rude workers and workers who never finished the job. I still managed to get to level 185 without a fuss. If others are running you over with their fancy expensive and altogether unnecessary tools go work your neighbors facilities to earn experience points. You will still gain your levels even if it's a bit slower. It's still going to be faster then when I came up. And if you just have to hurry-there's always raspberries, and now they are even worth something. You aren't going to change human nature. There are always going to be rude, greedy people. If you cant deal, then avoid them.

topmop
Feb 24 2011, 08:12 AM
I don't know what the big deal is. I never worked for anyone else and rarely hired others to work my farm after running into picky workers, rude workers and workers who never finished the job. I still managed to get to level 185 without a fuss. If others are running you over with their fancy expensive and altogether unnecessary tools go work your neighbors facilities to earn experience points. You will still gain your levels even if it's a bit slower. It's still going to be faster then when I came up. And if you just have to hurry-there's always raspberries, and now they are even worth something. You aren't going to change human nature. There are always going to be rude, greedy people. If you cant deal, then avoid them.

I think we all understand that we don't have to work in other farms to play the game. But there are a lot of people that just enjoy visiting other farms. I like to look around and get ideas for my farms. I love some of the creative things people have done. With 2 billion coins and almost 7 million points I could care less about what I'm paid.

Ted the farmer
Feb 24 2011, 11:59 AM
I think we all understand that we don't have to work in other farms to play the game. But there are a lot of people that just enjoy visiting other farms. I like to look around and get ideas for my farms. I love some of the creative things people have done. With 2 billion coins and almost 7 million points I could care less about what I'm paid.

I'm with you. There is no need for competition here. If I were going to have to worry about losing a few points or coins, where is the fun in that? I don't have any of the tools (except the fertilizer spreader) and when I get to a farm and someone is taking all the work...so what? I just go back to the marketplace and try to get another job.

The way to solve this is for people to only hire one person at a time.

The2Ksgrammy
Feb 24 2011, 01:39 PM
There's a very logical solution to this problem. Farmers need to stop hiring more than one person at a time to work their farms. I make no apology for using tools to gain points and coins. That's what I am here for. Otherwise, why bother? Maybe the whiners should get some tools of their own.

StoneFace
Feb 24 2011, 02:37 PM
There's a very logical solution to this problem. Farmers need to stop hiring more than one person at a time to work their farms. I make no apology for using tools to gain points and coins. That's what I am here for. Otherwise, why bother? Maybe the whiners should get some tools of their own.

Nice, short and to the point.

I have the tools, and I certainly enjoy using them on my own farms, but I will hire out if I have the time, or if I have the inclination to help another. In that case I specifically ask for a lower level player, and check the level. I remember "those days".

I have the tools, and I certainly enjoy (once again) going to the market once in awhile and working a farm...... with out getting my hands dirty or calloused :rolleyes:

snow_angel
Feb 24 2011, 02:38 PM

I agree. I have the tools and will use them. If I see someone else working I'll try to do only my share. There has been a few times where I've been hired and I'm the only one there, so I'll harvest away as fast as I can. The farmer disappears and it turns out he/she has gone back to the market place to hire a 2nd harvester. By then I've got 3/4 of the harvesting done. The other person complains about having to work against someone who has the 4x4. Now I think this is the farmers fault. They already knew I had the 4x4.

JAS0643
Feb 24 2011, 03:01 PM

I get so sick of all the reasons why people should only hire one person per farm. It used to be low paying crops (by low paying some meant anything that was not pineapples), then it was well with x farms there is no need to hire more then one person, now it is because of the tools. It seems that some people will come up with reason after reason for justifying why they should get to work alone or to plow which I wont even go into here. I personally refuse to hire anyone asking for solo work in the mp and I have told more then one they where being greedy by asking for solo work. I do not care what the reason is because I have seen people use having the tools and not having the tools as a reason for wanting solo work. Bottom line is it is my farm I will hire as many as I like if you get to my farm and don't like the working conditions leave it is as simple as that.

topmop
Feb 24 2011, 04:14 PM
No one is saying that a person can't hire as many people as they want to harvest their farm. What we are saying is when someone who doesn't have the tools gets smoked they shouldn't get mad at the person with the tools. If they want to get mad at someone (which is silly) get mad at the person who hired too many people for the job.

ScottLanter
Feb 24 2011, 05:02 PM
The xp is strictly a measure used to determine levels, which unlocks new things. It gives people goals to work toward and keeps the game fresh, as you cannot buy everything available in the game - some things have to be earned.

As I said before, you don't get anything by preventing another person from leveling. You don't "win" Farm Town. Just because you make it into a race doesn't mean that it is a race. This isn't the "world series" of internet farming. Nobody "wins" versus another player here. Your level 185 is the same as my level 185, although I'm sure you have a lot more xp than me.

And though you may focus on the word "race" - even if you substitute the word "competition" it doesn't change the fact that the person without tools now has to race to get a few plots before you scoop them all up. It's a race.

You can't lose Farm Town, either. So, I suppose it doesn't make any difference if someone misses out on harvesting or plowing a few plots on a farm.

Again, if a person chooses not to purchase 4X4 equipment, that's entirely up to them. But, someone who has invested in the equipment shouldn't feel obligated to wait on the 1X1 harvester/plower, either. ;)

JAS0643
Feb 24 2011, 05:41 PM
No one is saying that a person can't hire as many people as they want to harvest their farm. What we are saying is when someone who doesn't have the tools gets smoked they shouldn't get mad at the person with the tools. If they want to get mad at someone (which is silly) get mad at the person who hired too many people for the job.

Go back and read the post I quoted the poster is saysing that people should only hire one person per farm and they are not the only one that thinks that way.

topmop
Feb 25 2011, 05:07 AM
Go back and read the post I quoted the poster is saysing that people should only hire one person per farm and they are not the only one that thinks that way.

I think you missed my point. I have no problem with people hiring as many as they want on their farm. My gripe is with the people who blame me (someone who has purchased the tools) for the fact that they didn't get "their fair share" of the harvest. Sorry, not my fault.

JAS0643
Feb 25 2011, 01:24 PM

I get so sick of all the reasons why people should only hire one person per farm. It used to be low paying crops (by low paying some meant anything that was not pineapples), then it was well with x farms there is no need to hire more then one person, now it is because of the tools. It seems that some people will come up with reason after reason for justifying why they should get to work alone or to plow which I wont even go into here. I personally refuse to hire anyone asking for solo work in the mp and I have told more then one they where being greedy by asking for solo work. I do not care what the reason is because I have seen people use having the tools and not having the tools as a reason for wanting solo work. Bottom line is it is my farm I will hire as many as I like if you get to my farm and don't like the working conditions leave it is as simple as that.

I think you missed my point. I have no problem with people hiring as many as they want on their farm. My gripe is with the people who blame me (someone who has purchased the tools) for the fact that they didn't get "their fair share" of the harvest. Sorry, not my fault.

Above is my original post on people working solo. If you will read the post I quoted and my response to that post, not to every post that is in this thread but to the post I quoted, you will see it has noting to do with people getting upset at others for using tools. It has to do with people thinking they have a right to work solo and coming up with reason after reason why they should get to work solo and my opinion on that opinion. This thread is about more then one topic I know that some have been talking about people using tools with others that don't have them but then The2Ksgrammy comes alone and in her words "There's a very logical solution to this problem. Farmers need to stop hiring more than one person at a time" and there it is someone coming in and telling everyone that they should only hire one person and here is the latest reason why. There are some very greedy people that play the game (I am not saying that The2Ksgrammy is one of them) and will use any reason they can think of for why they should get to work solo. Those are the people I am talking to in my original post not the people that are saying people shouldn't get mad because someone has the tools.

Xiphias
Feb 25 2011, 08:39 PM
I have gotten to the point, since I have all the tools, I can do my farms faster myself, by the time I go to the market, find someone to work for me, I could have had the farm harvested and plowed...If I do go to the market, I ask for a solo worker that has tools, so I know they can get the job done fast....And I do enjoy once in a while, working for other farmers, if I am waiting for a crop to ripen....I will do any type of work....

Cookie01
Feb 26 2011, 02:09 AM
Oh my!. I have the tools. When I harvest on someone else's farm - with someone who hasn't - I tell the other player that I'm only doing half, then I leave when I've done it. No one's got angry - at least to my face. :D If it's someone else with a 4x4 - all bets are off. :D :D :D

The point is, I can't always afford the cash, so I spend what I do have very carefully. If people stopped buying farm cash, the game wouldn't be as good as it is. It's the cash purchases that fund the development of the game.

If you don't invest in the game - fair enough - I didn't until recently, but stop moaning at those of us that do invest, and enjoy the benefits the cash brings to the game.

Kath-H
Feb 26 2011, 02:35 AM
I just got an invitation to work facilities and harvest - in my gift list! How does that work?

Charo
Feb 27 2011, 12:50 AM
You can't lose Farm Town, either. So, I suppose it doesn't make any difference if someone misses out on harvesting or plowing a few plots on a farm. It makes a difference if that person gets ticked off enough to leave the game.

Mod Edit: Removed the response to a different member

Witch Hazel
Feb 27 2011, 01:25 AM
Sure, I understand what she means, Charo. But, players who have spent real money to purchase 4X4 equipment shouldn't feel obligated to hold back, either. After all, it's a game...and games are competitive. Remember when everyone was harvesting and plowing 1X1? I can remember working on farms with people would zip through a farm, without any regard for other workers. The fast clickers weren't trying to be rude. They were just being competitive.

YES!! I sooo remember that!!! So now that I have 8 farms I do most of my plowing and harvesting myself and hire only 1 person to do the rest................IF they hang with me.

JoeyBee
Feb 27 2011, 06:27 PM
ARGHHHHH why are people so mental? I just got an angry PM from a farmer because I hired them to harvest and didn't also hire them to plow. I was sent this message:

"Please don't hire me again. I think it is rude to have people harvest and then not aske them to plow!!"

What the hell? She didn't mind doing the work, I hired her, and then hired a plower moments later. Did she leave my farm when the plower showed up? No! She was more than willing to hang around and harvest the 900 some plots of fertilized rhubarb (!) while the other person followed and plowed. If not getting hired to do both things bothers her so much, she should have left without doing the harvesting.

And why would it be my responsibility to remember her from the thousands of other users as someone I can't hire? Garrr.

I told her I was under no obligation to hire her for both things, and that I never offered both things, and that she never made a comment suggesting she wanted both things before accepting my harvest request. And this was the reply I was sent:

"I am one of the very FEW that do not beg for a job in the marketplace and I do gladly except any job offered however I find it very rude that the person DOES NOT come back to their farm to "THANK YOU" for working for them. I ALWAYS thank them for the job as soon as I get there just in case I get booted. I also think that common courtesy is to ask the person that did all the hard work harvesting for the non thankful employer if they would like to plow. Sorry for the grief just thought I should ask not to be hired again by you! Have a great night :)"

What an ingrate! So, I can't hire people in the marketplace and then log off to live my life? Instead I have to go back to my farm, thank them for being willing to lower themselves enough to accept the terrible imposition of my hire request, and then hang around so I can hire them to plow and, presumably, also kiss their butt for being so kind to once again work for me?

I like "thank yous" and "your welcomes"...when I am on my farm or when I am sent a PM. But this is madness. Also, usually, people thank me for hiring them, and I thank people who hire me, not the other way around. Hey "thanks for the job" kind of thing.

Sorry for the rant, but my mind melted a little after those messages.

JAS0643
Feb 27 2011, 09:58 PM
ARGHHHHH why are people so mental? I just got an angry PM from a farmer because I hired them to harvest and didn't also hire them to plow. I was sent this message:

"Please don't hire me again. I think it is rude to have people harvest and then not aske them to plow!!"

What the hell? She didn't mind doing the work, I hired her, and then hired a plower moments later. Did she leave my farm when the plower showed up? No! She was more than willing to hang around and harvest the 900 some plots of fertilized rhubarb (!) while the other person followed and plowed. If not getting hired to do both things bothers her so much, she should have left without doing the harvesting.

And why would it be my responsibility to remember her from the thousands of other users as someone I can't hire? Garrr.

I told her I was under no obligation to hire her for both things, and that I never offered both things, and that she never made a comment suggesting she wanted both things before accepting my harvest request. And this was the reply I was sent:

"I am one of the very FEW that do not beg for a job in the marketplace and I do gladly except any job offered however I find it very rude that the person DOES NOT come back to their farm to "THANK YOU" for working for them. I ALWAYS thank them for the job as soon as I get there just in case I get booted. I also think that common courtesy is to ask the person that did all the hard work harvesting for the non thankful employer if they would like to plow. Sorry for the grief just thought I should ask not to be hired again by you! Have a great night :)"

What an ingrate! So, I can't hire people in the marketplace and then log off to live my life? Instead I have to go back to my farm, thank them for being willing to lower themselves enough to accept the terrible imposition of my hire request, and then hang around so I can hire them to plow and, presumably, also kiss their butt for being so kind to once again work for me?

I like "thank yous" and "your welcomes"...when I am on my farm or when I am sent a PM. But this is madness. Also, usually, people thank me for hiring them, and I thank people who hire me, not the other way around. Hey "thanks for the job" kind of thing.

Sorry for the rant, but my mind melted a little after those messages.

Since they added the hire to plow option to the game some people have felt they where entitled to the plow job, which they are not, and have used every excuses in the book to justify their thinking. I have never felt that the harvester should automatically get the plowing job, sometimes I am on my farm and will hire them but more often then not I hire someone to harvest leave the game come back later and hire to plow. She said you where being rude by not thinking her and not hiring her to plow, she really needs to 1. get a life and 2. take a long hard look in the mirror because sending you that first messes telling you what to do on your farm was very rude on her part. I also have to disagree with the person saying that they are one of the few that do not beg for work in the mp. I have not seen that many beggars in mp in a long time, yes there are still a few but not as many as there used to be. I would bet that the person that you hired is one of the people that think that asking for any work in the mp no matter how nicely asked is begging. :rolleyes:

Angel7
Feb 27 2011, 11:09 PM
I normally don't go to the marketplace, but decided to try to get some extra crops today since I can't grow enough to fill everything all the time. I have never been SO irritated. 3 of the farms I was hired at had tiered crops which are just totally difficult to work at. WHY on earth don't you just make it so we can create enough crops without doing stuff like this (or layering). I've played this game for so long and have really enjoyed it, but the things that people are doing now are making the game no fun anymore. If you would just let us grow things quicker and in larger quantities, people wouldn't be looking for ways to cheat the system. Quit the gift business - it's become a huge time issue in the game - just let us grow crops and grow enough of them within a reasonable timeframe. At a bare minimum, if we are going to take the trouble to try to get hired, give us more for our efforts. Ok, I've said my peace.

JoeyBee
Feb 28 2011, 01:15 AM
Since they added the hire to plow option to the game some people have felt they where entitled to the plow job, which they are not, and have used every excuses in the book to justify their thinking. I have never felt that the harvester should automatically get the plowing job, sometimes I am on my farm and will hire them but more often then not I hire someone to harvest leave the game come back later and hire to plow. She said you where being rude by not thinking her and not hiring her to plow, she really needs to 1. get a life and 2. take a long hard look in the mirror because sending you that first messes telling you what to do on your farm was very rude on her part. I also have to disagree with the person saying that they are one of the few that do not beg for work in the mp. I have not seen that many beggars in mp in a long time, yes there are still a few but not as many as there used to be. I would bet that the person that you hired is one of the people that think that asking for any work in the mp no matter how nicely asked is begging. :rolleyes:

I appreciate the support, and really needed to vent. The whole thing was so unexpected and mental and left me feeling highly annoyed. Why send people messages like that in a game?

Also, she won't let this go, I logged on now to find this message:

"Well there you go I polled the marketplace and you lost. 90% of then thought it was rude not to come back and thank the person doing the work and always rude that you do not ask them if they would like to plow!! Maybe you should do your farm yourself and let the game players play the game and still have fun with it :)"

JAS0643
Feb 28 2011, 01:52 AM
I appreciate the support, and really needed to vent. The whole thing was so unexpected and mental and left me feeling highly annoyed. Why send people messages like that in a game?

"Well there you go I polled the marketplace and you lost. 90% of then thought it was rude not to come back and thank the person doing the work and always rude that you do not ask them if they would like to plow!! Maybe you should do your farm yourself and let the game players play the game and still have fun with it :)"

That girl so needs to get a life. Even if I bought what she is saying, I do not care what 90% of the people think I play the game I want to play even if they do not like it. Do not respond to her and soon she will not have a way to contact you.

artisanrox
Mar 01 2011, 07:47 AM
Farm Town isn't a race. There isn't a prize for having the most xp, or the most stuff. It is more like Seinfeld, except in the context of farming.

This is so far in my humble opinion, the awesomest quote on this forum.

artisanrox
Mar 01 2011, 08:00 AM
I didn't say it was a race. I said it was competitive....like games are intended to be. And, nobody can stop another player from leveling, as there are always jobs to be had in the marketplace. If some players choose not to purchase Farm Cash and obtain the 4X4 equipment, that is entirely their choiice. But, as one who did make that investment to enhance my game playing, I will utilize the 4X4 equipment to their maximum. The farmer who hires me is wanting the job done so he/she can plant. I won't keep them waiting. After all, they're competing against their neighbors, and time means money for them.

Time means money at my job. And also on World of Warcraft, but only because the Goblins in Durotar say exactly that ("Time is money, friennnnnd!").

Dude, seriously. Lighten up. This isn't Unreal Tournament, World of Warcraft, laser tag or Team Fortress 2. And I've played all those except laser tag :P

I'm not competing against my neighbors.

I don't choose to make this game non-competitive, other CHOOSE to make it comeptptive. There is no prize for being on the top of your friends' ladders other than the bragging rights of being there. There is no prize for having 8 fully expanded farms in a week. There's no prizes dished out for having 50 facilities at max 24/7. If I could quit my job, I could do all that, but who cares? I'm not getting any bouses getting through the game faster.

If anything, this is one of the most cooperative games on Facebook, without the constant begging so many other games demand.

Also, at least I have a couple more expansions to get when I DO hit 185 because they are so expensive. I would positively see no point of putting as much concern into this game if I already had all my farms decorated and expanded, was at level cap, and had so much stuff in storage the servers exploded.

And to be in such a hurry as to get to end game in a few hours' time, then have nothing to do!? OMG, twice as boring. Why would I put money into a game that has no awards for this?

If anything, that'd be really, really boring for me.

So go give yourself a few more grey hairs over this game.

cvtre
Mar 01 2011, 11:05 AM
Is this the thread where we are to now start discussing the practise of hiring to plow on layered farms?

I am not so concerned about stopping the hiring to endless plow...but it was handy having the thread open before to send people to learn about how to layer crops....I hire people to harvest and some of them are amazed about my new crops underneath and I would like to still be able to send them to the forum for distinct instructions on how to do this.
Farm Town does not encourage layering fields

snow_angel
Mar 01 2011, 12:01 PM

I doubt very much if more then one or two people even answered her. If I'm not thanked for harvesting someones field; so what. It's no big deal. As the person harvesting I feel I should thank them for the coins and the crops. Jas is right this person seriously needs to get a life.

pythonis
Mar 01 2011, 12:10 PM
I just got hired to work for someone. i said thank you and they never said youre welcome. how rude! Im going to stop saying thank you if ppl wont reply with youre welcome. :D

snow_angel
Mar 01 2011, 01:11 PM
I just got hired to work for someone. i said thank you and they never said youre welcome. how rude! Im going to stop saying thank you if ppl wont reply with youre welcome. :D

Your welcome :p I said it for them

topmop
Mar 01 2011, 03:58 PM

Here's what I do. Whenever I get hired to harvest and get to their farm, if they came along (which only happens about half the time) I say; "thanks." If I get a reply I will offer to plow. If there is no answer, as soon as I'm done I leave. I really don't care either way, that's just how I handle it.

lcswdonna
Mar 01 2011, 06:21 PM

Here are some reasons they may not respond:

They may not speak English, I harvest and plow for a woman who speaks almost none, she looks for me in her buddy list as others think she is rude when she doesn't respond.

They are working in full screen mode, cannot see the chat bar.

They are not even at the computer; bathroom break, food break, let the dog in/out, put wood on the fire, take care of a screaming 2 year old, etc. The avatar stays put but no one is really there to read the chat bar.

They have a culture different than yours, even if they are in the same country. You are using your cultural norms to define rudeness.

They are on another open window working on a different farm in offline mode. I do this one often, especially if I am planting another field while you prepare the next one.

Just some random thoughts. I always say thanks, that is my culture. If they are not there at all, I do it through a message. If they do not respond, it is my choice to not overreact and think poorly of them. BTW I have been hired back off thank-you messages that I have left.

artisanrox
Mar 02 2011, 07:24 AM
Here's what I do. Whenever I get hired to harvest and get to their farm, if they came along (which only happens about half the time) I say; "thanks." If I get a reply I will offer to plow. If there is no answer, as soon as I'm done I leave. I really don't care either way, that's just how I handle it.

That's sort of how I work. If I have someone working and they can't even say a simple "yes" or "no" to "would you like to chop some trees too?" Then they don't get as much work as someone who actually presses the two or three keys necessary to communicate a little. :D

It doesn't bother me if an employee doesn't want to do something. What does bother me is simply not answering so I know I can go to the marketplace and get someone else so I can get things done more efficiently.

bluemoon2011
Mar 02 2011, 08:24 AM
That's sort of how I work. If I have someone working and they can't even say a simple "yes" or "no" to "would you like to chop some trees too?" Then they don't get as much work as someone who actually presses the two or three keys necessary to communicate a little. :D

It doesn't bother me if an employee doesn't want to do something. What does bother me is simply not answering so I know I can go to the marketplace and get someone else so I can get things done more efficiently.

I am guilty of not answering but it is never intentional. I usually say thank you when I get to a farm to work and then once I start working I sometimes forget to look at the chat box again until I'm done. I don't get bent out of shape if I don't get hired to do everything, though, and I think it's silly of people to think they should be hired to plow just because they harvested.

JAS0643
Mar 02 2011, 12:53 PM

I understand your view and agree with it, but I do hope you keep in mind that some work in full screen and after they harvest will exit full screen to see if you said anything and to thank you for the work. I always thank the farmer (if he/she is there) but it is after I do the work because I don't know if they have 10 other people coming. I do not mind sharing with one or two others but if they are going to hire an army I want to get the most I can get.

pythonis
Mar 02 2011, 12:55 PM
I work in full screen mode all the time and I have absolutely no problems seeing (and reading) word balloons. My vision is 20/400 btw.

JAS0643
Mar 02 2011, 12:59 PM
I work in full screen mode all the time and I have absolutely no problems seeing (and reading) word balloons. My vision is 20/400 btw.

I can see the balloons if I have the person talking to me on my screen, sometimes they are sometimes they are not. In the cases where they are not on my screen I will not see what they said until after the harvesting is done and I exit full screen. If they are on my screen and I am the only one working I will stop and answer them so they don't have to wait but if there is someone else working with me they will have to wait till I am done working to get an answer.

pythonis
Mar 02 2011, 01:00 PM
Now to defend someplayers on here ive said thanks in the farm im on before because i see someone standing there so i always assume its the farm owner. Sometimes it is sometimes it isnt. Thing is that I dont need ppl to tell me thanks or welcome or anything else. Manners yes but to that i expect to not get a "thanks for the stupid job that didnt pay me jack you stupid blah blah blah" message but i could care less if i get a thanks or not. I simply want the work done. Yes some people are different than I am but in my world my philosophy is that everyone else is (or at least should be) just like me.

pythonis
Mar 02 2011, 01:03 PM
oh yes i agree its virtually impossible to reply to ppl while youre working. You have to wait until the work is done. i give ppl a few moments for that. Espescially the ones using the autoclickers because i know stuff has to catch up.

suenew
Mar 02 2011, 04:38 PM
Couldnt we give points on how well we were treated:mad: while helping on peoples farms. I do not like how you can work on peoples farms sometimes up to an hour and dont even get a thanks for the work you have done.

pythonis
Mar 02 2011, 04:44 PM
Why should we be thanked for doing our job?

nannajina
Mar 02 2011, 05:01 PM
it costs nothing to be polite but it makes the giver and reciever feel good

suenew
Mar 02 2011, 05:06 PM
thankyou Nannajina. i always thank the people who help me. yes it does make you feel good
manners cost nothing.

pythonis
Mar 02 2011, 06:22 PM
again i ask what your avatar name is.pm it to me but i want to know so i can make sure i always say thank you to you.

JoeyBee
Mar 05 2011, 03:31 PM
Hi, you may remember me from a couple of pages back as the guy who hired the rude psycho.

Well, here is another winner: Last night I hired some people to harvest on my farms, and left, as I usually do. When I came back online later, one of them had left me a PM, as sometimes happens. I always reply to PM's unless they say something like 'plow', because if someone can't even be bothered to form a sentence, I can't be bothered to reply. Otherwise, if someone leaves me a message, I feel it polite to send them one in return.

This person thanked me for the hire and asked how old I was. Now, questions as to my age, religion, or political affiliation always bother me a bit because it bears no relevance in a game. Nonetheless, I replied with 'You are welcome (PERSONS NAME), I am 40'.

Today, logging in, they sent me a reply reading "leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Sigh.

So basically, what I have learned this week is you cannot:
1. Hire people, because they will go mental on you.
2. Reply to PM's, because if you do, they will go mental on you.
3. Probably play this game, because it will slowly make you mental.

Thank you for letting me vent again!

Don't feed the beggers
Mar 05 2011, 06:23 PM
Hi, you may remember me from a couple of pages back as the guy who hired the rude psycho.

Well, here is another winner: Last night I hired some people to harvest on my farms, and left, as I usually do. When I came back online later, one of them had left me a PM, as sometimes happens. I always reply to PM's unless they say something like 'plow', because if someone can't even be bothered to form a sentence, I can't be bothered to reply. Otherwise, if someone leaves me a message, I feel it polite to send them one in return.

This person thanked me for the hire and asked how old I was. Now, questions as to my age, religion, or political affiliation always bother me a bit because it bears no relevance in a game. Nonetheless, I replied with 'You are welcome (PERSONS NAME), I am 40'.

Today, logging in, they sent me a reply reading "leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Sigh.

So basically, what I have learned this week is you cannot:
1. Hire people, because they will go mental on you.
2. Reply to PM's, because if you do, they will go mental on you.
3. Probably play this game, because it will slowly make you mental.

Thank you for letting me vent again!

I get stalkers and people looking for dates as well, sometimes if I am in a mood I will keep answering them..rudely but they don't seem to notice. If I am not in a mood, I nicely remind them that I could be anybody, a psycho killer, a man posing as a woman, a pedophile etc etc if they ask me which one I am I usually tell them i have so many personalities it's hard for me to keep track, but the last one went on a murderous rampage. lol....sometimes they leave me alone, sometimes they don't.

I don't always stick around to hire to plow, I don't always hire the harvester to do my plowing. If I ask them if they want to and they don't reply, I go back to market and hire someone to do so....I once had someone ask me why I didn't hire him to plow but went and got someone else instead, I told him I asked him several times and got no reply...he them replied "I can't read, so I didn't know what you were saying" ...hmm you were able to reply to me and respond with a meaningful response, but you can't read??? He then wrote back and said he cannot read the word "plow"..I wrote back and asked him why he could type it but not read it....didn't hear from him after that. It made my night really lol. For those who seem to really need to know my age I usually tell them I am 92....my 8 year old told me I was 92 when she was about 4, so I just stuck with it lol.

JKB
Mar 07 2011, 10:30 AM
I can't hire because of the constant offers popping up in front of the other pop-ups. This is an idiotic situation which has received an endless litany of complaints here - to no avail. Why hasn't this been repaired and how long will it take? For some reason, the SC's concentrate on such minutia as water color while major playability issues go unresolved for months. We have enough problems with "Server Timeouts" etc - is there any chance that the Market will be repaired this year?

Grammy 11
Mar 07 2011, 10:45 AM
I can't hire because of the constant offers popping up in front of the other pop-ups. This is an idiotic situation which has received an endless litany of complaints here - to no avail. Why hasn't this been repaired and how long will it take? For some reason, the SC's concentrate on such minutia as water color while major playability issues go unresolved for months. We have enough problems with "Server Timeouts" etc - is there any chance that the Market will be repaired this year?

The same thing happens in the sell and buy market. Ask for something and either get ignored or several offers pop up deleting the previous offer. This is especially annoying when someone sends you a few hundred of something only to be knocked out by someone sending 1 item.

JKB
Mar 07 2011, 11:25 AM
The same thing happens in the sell and buy market. Ask for something and either get ignored or several offers pop up deleting the previous offer. This is especially annoying when someone sends you a few hundred of something only to be knocked out by someone sending 1 item.

Yes. I have about given up on the Buy and Sell market. Good concept but a very poor implementation. I guess the Hiring Market problems irritate more simply because it's been around and malfunctioning for so much longer. :D

Valdoe
Mar 15 2011, 09:41 AM
Did the board have a melt down? All posts from 7th march has disappeared.

Tiger
Mar 15 2011, 09:55 AM
Did the board have a melt down? All posts from 7th march has disappeared.

Hello,

No, i still see posts for that date.
If you were looking for a specific post that has been answered and closed it may have been moved to the appropriate area.

Kathrine
Mar 16 2011, 09:33 PM
It's a pain in the rear to harvest and plow layered fields. And when people ask you to chop trees that have been layered on top of crops, it goes so slow! Please disable the whole layering option. I'm tired of it.

Ljj
Mar 17 2011, 03:34 AM
If I'm hired at the Market and end up on a layered farm I quit straight away. if the farmer is there I say "sorry don' t work layered farms" then I go!!!

pythonis
Mar 17 2011, 05:49 AM
If I'm hired at the Market and end up on a layered farm I quit straight away. if the farmer is there I say "sorry don' t work layered farms" then I go!!! i do the exact same thing. Sometimes i get a rude reply but i dont care. Layered farms could level me up with each click and id still refuse to work them.

Ljj
Mar 17 2011, 10:47 AM
exactly!! And who cares if they're rude, you never have to speak to them again just hide if they turn up in the market at the same time!!!

pythonis
Mar 17 2011, 10:50 AM
and I wouldnt half doubt that those are the same people that gripe about me not saying "thank you".

wvd122979
Mar 18 2011, 05:48 PM

I agree. It is extremely frustrating when a person wants to hire me for a harvesting job and then before I can accept, some other offer removes it.

I have a solution to the problem: All work invitations should be sent to your inbox as personal messages/notes. Then you can choose to accept or deny without losing the other invitations. Close the work offers you don't like, then move onto the next one.

wvd122979
Mar 18 2011, 06:02 PM

I agree with this sentiment. I'm not saying that people should be rude or abusive, but why do people get bent out of shape over the whole please/thank you issue?

It's a fake internet game. We're harvesting fake crops on a fake farm. This has no bearing on real life. You hire someone to harvest crops, and they don't say anything. So what? It still benefits both parties.

Like I said, I don't condone abusive behavior, but I think people take this game a little too seriously at times.

ScottLanter
Mar 18 2011, 08:24 PM
I agree with this sentiment. I'm not saying that people should be rude or abusive, but why do people get bent out of shape over the whole please/thank you issue?

It's a fake internet game. We're harvesting fake crops on a fake farm. This has no bearing on real life. You hire someone to harvest crops, and they don't say anything. So what? It still benefits both parties.

Like I said, I don't condone abusive behavior, but I think people take this game a little too seriously at times.

What I hate is...people that want to chat while I'm working on their farm, or vise versa. If I go to the marketplace seeking work, that's all I'm after. If I'm at the marketplace seeking a worker, that's all I'm after, too. I don't mind a little interaction after I finish a job. But, good grief...some people want to chat the whole time I'm working for them, or they're working for me. Hope I'm not sounding like I'm anti-social, or anything. I'm just not a chatter when I'm workin' the pixels. :)

pythonis
Mar 18 2011, 08:29 PM
hey scott, whats your new wish going to be?

ScottLanter
Mar 18 2011, 08:48 PM
hey scott, whats your new wish going to be?

Well, I've been thinking about that, Pythonis. But, I'd better leave my "thanks" up for the next week, or so. After all, I nagged the poor devs for three months before they honored my last wish. The next wish will either be along the same line as this thread, or my never-ending plea to stop my avatar from walking field to field when I'm actually using piece of machinery to do the job. :D

artisanrox
Mar 20 2011, 10:18 AM

Umm, I dunno. Maybe it makes the world a nicer place?

That said, I won't refuse work for someone who doesn't say a quick thank you. If they're relatively efficient I keep them for all my available farms. However don't expect a "thank you", or "happy farming", or "this is the last farm yay" off me or anything else. It works both ways.

I always thank my workers for working. I do appreciate when someone chops all my trees or picks my flowers, I hate doing that. :D

artisanrox
Mar 20 2011, 10:22 AM
I am guilty of not answering but it is never intentional. I usually say thank you when I get to a farm to work and then once I start working I sometimes forget to look at the chat box again until I'm done. I don't get bent out of shape if I don't get hired to do everything, though, and I think it's silly of people to think they should be hired to plow just because they harvested.

I imagine that if I see "thanks" right away I would understand that not answering isn't intentional. :)

At least something was said to be polite. I really don't mind quiet workers. It's just when they're not saying anything at all that I feel I don't have to say anything either.

And...why should workers not plow? It's cheaper, you're not robbed of any EXP, and you can go and do other things while they do that. I don't see why so many refuse to have people plow for them after harvesting.

Kath-H
Mar 20 2011, 05:59 PM
"I don't see why so many refuse to have people plow for them after harvesting."

I don't refuse exactly - and sometimes I ask a harvester to plow after if they are quick and neat - but sometimes I want to share the jobs around so I ask someone else to plow. Also, person B can start plowing while person A is still harvesting, so it's quicker. Nothing personal :)

pythonis
Mar 20 2011, 09:16 PM
To some its all about the money, not the XP. I dont know how many times ive sent plow offers to level 20s, 30s, and 40s, just to have them refused. Oh but theyre all more than happy to accept a harvest job.

Valdoe
Mar 21 2011, 06:57 PM
What driving me crazy is you at the market and you ask who wants to do flowers or trees etc. then you get flooded with people saying I will or me etc.
90% of the time they responding to others who asking who wants to plow or harvest...

DEV you must come up with a better way of hiring... I now starting to resort and doing my own farms. I love hiring but now to much time is being wasted finding THE RIGHT WORKERS for the RIGHT JOB.

artisanrox
Mar 22 2011, 07:58 AM
"I don't see why so many refuse to have people plow for them after harvesting."

I don't refuse exactly - and sometimes I ask a harvester to plow after if they are quick and neat - but sometimes I want to share the jobs around so I ask someone else to plow. Also, person B can start plowing while person A is still harvesting, so it's quicker. Nothing personal :)

If you want to share jobs and end up ticking people off in the process, what does that accomplish?

pythonis
Mar 22 2011, 08:02 AM
i was raised to share. if that ticks you off then i hate that for you. Youre there to work for me and do what i tell you. if you dont like it you can leave. What it accomplishes is weeding out the people i dont want to employ. And I never hire people to plow while another is harvesting because it always kicks (and ticks) me off.

Of course, if you want a job done right, do it yourself.

artisanrox
Mar 22 2011, 08:25 AM
i was raised to share. if that ticks you off then i hate that for you. Youre there to work for me and do what i tell you. if you dont like it you can leave. What it accomplishes is weeding out the people i dont want to employ. And I never hire people to plow while another is harvesting because it always kicks (and ticks) me off.

Of course, if you want a job done right, do it yourself.

"I was raised to share, and dangit, you'll do it MY WAY!!!" LOL :D

Why do some consider hiring separate people to plow/harvest as some sort of humanitarian act? Yes it's less time consuming. but if you're ticking people off because you're ignoring them when they're perfectly good to plow, that's a strange way of sharing.

So you have to same person harvest AND plow. So what?

I've hardly ever met people I "don't want to employ" and I hire from the Marketplace as often as i can.

pythonis
Mar 22 2011, 08:26 AM
Sharing does not mean giving all jobs to one single person! Id have 12 people working my farms if I could but everyone keeps whining about wanting solo work so I just do all my farming myself. However when I do decide to hire others I spread the jobs out. i have 5 fields needing harvested and plowed? That means jobs for up to 20 people.

Yes, "My way or the highway"

JAS0643
Mar 22 2011, 12:01 PM
"I was raised to share, and dangit, you'll do it MY WAY!!!" LOL :D

Why do some consider hiring separate people to plow/harvest as some sort of humanitarian act? Yes it's less time consuming. but if you're ticking people off because you're ignoring them when they're perfectly good to plow, that's a strange way of sharing.

So you have to same person harvest AND plow. So what?

I've hardly ever met people I "don't want to employ" and I hire from the Marketplace as often as i can.

Why do people get mad when they do not get the plow job? What is there to get mad about? You where hired to do a job and you did it the farmer that hired you to harvest does not have to hire you to do another job even if you can see a job that needs to be done on the farm.

pythonis
Mar 22 2011, 12:36 PM
Why do people get mad when they do not get the plow job? What is there to get mad about? You where hired to do a job and you did it the farmer that hired you to harvest does not have to hire you to do another job even if you can see a job that needs to be done on the farm. because people get mad when someone else might get to something before they do.

wvd122979
Mar 27 2011, 10:59 AM
People really do take this game TOO seriously. I mean, it's really just a silly harmless game designed to keep people entertained. It has no bearing on real life.

The only thing worth getting mad about is the Farm Cash and tool issues because that involves real money. Otherwise, who cares about silly stuff like hiring practices?

pythonis
Mar 27 2011, 12:26 PM
It has bearing on real life IMO. People act a certain way in a game they more than likely act the same way in real life. I have high standards in real life im going to hold others to that same standard in the games i play. Sure its just a game but so is football and i dont think too many ppl would be to happy to see the quarterback just hand the ball to opposing team with a smile and a "hey its just a game" remark.

farmermuff
Apr 20 2011, 06:19 AM
Glad we finally have an option for it but I think the way its set up right now puts those trying to hire for multiple jobs at a disadvantage. If someone in the market place says they are willing to do all jobs, and I attempt to hire them for all of them, there is a good chance that I will lose them to a person only hiring for one job. The person hiring them for one job has 2 clicks to send their request, while I've got a minimum of 5 (if I am only hiring for 2 jobs).

I havent been able to hire directly from the market place for multiple yet. The only way I can get them is to hire them for 1 thing and then rehire them once we get to my farm, which defeats the purpose of having the hire for multiple option anyways.

My suggestion is to make the choose which jobs to hire for screen optional. If we turn it off than we understand that the person we hire using the hire multiple option will be able to do any work on our farm. OR you could allow us to have a default. So that when clicking hire multiple, we are always hiring for the same jobs. And dont have to choose which jobs to hire for every time we reload the game and enter the market to hire.

homeskoolingmom
Apr 21 2011, 02:02 AM
the part about the hire multiple that I don't like, is if you are hired for one thing at a time, you don't have to wait for your avatar to walk all over, once you are done clicking you can be rehired and the work is done, if you are hired for multiple, you can't start the next job until the avatar is done... and the avatar moves WAY TOO SLOW-

Eradani
Apr 21 2011, 03:17 AM
I put a suggestion on the UI post for allowing anyone to refresh the current farm by clicking that farm on the diamond or some button for workers. It would really help a lot.

Dweeb
Apr 21 2011, 04:20 AM
When you first get into the market, pick anyone - go through the option of hiring multiple. Once you've selected everything you want, cancel the hire.

Your options will stay.

Next time that trip to the market, you hire someone for multiple - your previous choices will still be set.

katupatree
Apr 21 2011, 08:25 PM
still would have like a hire for all jobs option instead of trying to select individual jobs.

dirgon
Apr 21 2011, 08:49 PM
Can someone explain to me how the Hire Multiple option works? Can I not hire a person to plow multiple farms with one selection?

Taz D
Apr 21 2011, 08:55 PM
Can someone explain to me how the Hire Multiple option works? Can I not hire a person to plow multiple farms with one selection?
Not yet. Currently you can hire them to do multiple jobs on one farm only.

pythonis
Apr 23 2011, 02:25 AM
my gripe is that only a small percentage of ppl know about this ability. Not everyone reads forums or scrolls through all of the hiring options.

JAS0643
Apr 23 2011, 01:52 PM
my gripe is that only a small percentage of ppl know about this ability. Not everyone reads forums or scrolls through all of the hiring options.

First there is no scrolling all the options come up when you click on someone. Second there is a in game pop up that tells about all the new updates for the people that do not come to the forum.

pythonis
Apr 23 2011, 01:56 PM
by scrolling i mean highlighting one option then moving the highlighted options up and down throughout. And as many popups there are about stuff we already know about a lot of us dont even read them anymore. Its like the boy who cried "wolf".

JAS0643
Apr 24 2011, 12:17 AM
by scrolling i mean highlighting one option then moving the highlighted options up and down throughout. And as many popups there are about stuff we already know about a lot of us dont even read them anymore. Its like the boy who cried "wolf".

I have no idea what you mean by highlighting options and moving them up and down I have nevered had to highlight anything to hire anyone all I have ever had to do is click on the hire option I wanted. Even with hire multiple it is in the list of hire options you click on it then click what you want them to do very easy to use and understand IMO. Now on the pop up if the players don’t read them that is there problem they where added to the game because not everyone comes to the forum. There are pop ups in the game telling about new updates and there is an announcement made on the forum I have no idea what else the developers can do to get the message out.

pythonis
Apr 24 2011, 12:31 AM
you dont know what highlighting one then highlighting the one below means? when you click on a persons avatar theres a bunch of options. when you hover the mouse over any of those options each choice is "highlighted"(turns orange). i never said it was the devs fault that nobody knows about the multiple hire option. All i was trying to say is that people need to educate themselves about the new stuff in the game.

every time i go to hire someone i have to highlight something. i put the mouse on it it instantly becomes highlighted and i click on it. that confuses you?

dixiegirl
Apr 24 2011, 10:39 AM
For those having problems with finishing one job before they can start another this is what i found works. If I am hired for multiple jobs, I do the harvest first, then move to trees, flowers or fish, saving the plow for last. By that time your Avatar finishes harvesting and moves to the trees you can do the plowing. Works for me anyway!!

WitW
Apr 24 2011, 11:24 PM
First there is no scrolling all the options come up when you click on someone. Second there is a in game pop up that tells about all the new updates for the people that do not come to the forum.

There may be a pop up but it still doesn't mean people read it. I have hired two different people over the past two days for multi hire (harvest/plow) and when they finished harvesting they both asked to plow.

Happy pants
Apr 26 2011, 11:49 PM
Wow, beepbeep..... inside voice, please.... we're not at the other end of a football field....

Dweeb
Apr 27 2011, 12:26 AM
A LOT OF TIMES ....I have multi hired 4 workers to harvest and Plow, flowers & trees on my farms.

well there is the problem..

Relax, take your time. Hire one person per farm - or don't do the multiple hire if you insist on hiring 4.

slartismum
Apr 27 2011, 12:27 AM
Personally, I love the new multiple hire and have used it several times. When a person comes to my farm and seems a bit hesitant after harvesting, I say: You know about changing the tools in your toolbox, right? If yes, no problem but if no then the person learns how to do it. I also like it that when I am hired, I can harvest plots, trees, plow then harvest again if some have been missed, all in one go without having to refresh every time.
Well done, devs, I say!

katupatree
Apr 27 2011, 03:51 AM
A LOT OF TIMES ....I have multi hired 4 workers to harvest and Plow, flowers & trees on my farms.They get the request as they should but the problem is when they get there, all they want to do IS PLOW, SO I HAVE 3 PEOPLE WAITING ON 1 TO HARVEST, and everyone jumps on the plowing!! :mad: No one does trees, or flowers, THEY SHOULD MAKE IT WHERE THE PLOW DOES NOT COME UP (HIGHLIGHTED) UNTIL ALL IS HARVESTED!!! OR AT LEAST A POP UP SCREEN SAYING SO!!!:rolleyes:
LOVE , LOVE, LOVE THIS GAME................THANK YOU

I think you are missing the point of the hire multiple. I'm sure someone will correct me, but I thought the hire multiple was so that you could hire someone to come on your farm and do multiple jobs not hire multiple people for multiple jobs. Of course you can play the game any way you want.

JAS0643
Apr 27 2011, 05:21 AM
I think you are missing the point of the hire multiple. I'm sure someone will correct me, but I thought the hire multiple was so that you could hire someone to come on your farm and do multiple jobs not hire multiple people for multiple jobs. Of course you can play the game any way you want.

While you are correct in your assumption of what hire multiple is for you are wrong in assuming it means a person should only hire one person to do the jobs on a farm. People are entitled to hire as many people as they like and if a farm is all crops 4 people is not too many people for the work that is available on the farm.

al_bundy
Apr 27 2011, 08:36 AM

soon we will be able to have a single hire for all farms but at present it is 1 farm at a time only.

my guess is the next release

Happy pants
Apr 27 2011, 08:44 AM
And kinda like the real world, one person does all the wok while the rest stand around waiting for the paycheque. I think you've been hiring our municipal workers, Kbeepbeep.

Taz D
Apr 27 2011, 12:44 PM
thanks Jas0643...;)...I agree!! 4 people is not too many people for the work that is available on the MY farms, (with 1000's of trees to be done and plenty of crops!!) Because 1 or 2 of them will leave any way before it's done, and your back to the market to rehire....LOL
Just a suggestion. Hire them all for the multiple harvesting, but leave plowing off of it, then when all the harvesting is done, then hire them for plowing...then you have everybody working.:)

katupatree
Apr 27 2011, 10:02 PM
That's why I said you can play the game any way you want. Personally, if I am hired to harvest and I go into a room that has 3 other people in it and at least one other person has a 4x4 harvesters and we're all hired to harvest, I butt out. I thought the origin of the multiple hire was so that you could hire someone to do everything on a farm without having to go back and rehire every time they finish something. Of course you can hire as many as you want, we just don't all have to accept and if we get to a farm with too many people on it, we can leave it. I've found that a lot of people like a lot of animals slows things down.

WitW
Apr 28 2011, 03:12 AM
thanks Jas0643...;)...I agree!! 4 people is not too many people for the work that is available on the MY farms, (with 1000's of trees to be done and plenty of crops!!) Because 1 or 2 of them will leave any way before it's done, and your back to the market to rehire....LOL

Lots of people don't like trees I have noticed. You may be better off trying to hire someone who has the shaker and is happy to do trees.

It sounds to me that you are hiring too many people. People are probably leaving because they don't want to fight for work.

I have tools and really dislike being hired with lots of other people because I don't want to take all of the work when I am working with people that don't have tools. I want to do the work I have been hired to do but don't want to take the lion's share.

sassysuzie
May 05 2011, 02:12 PM
I have a 4x4 harvester and plower. When I go to a farm, I start clearing right away. Many times after beginning the job, I realize there is another worker who is more times than not a worker with no tools. At that point, I state I am leaving the rest of the work for that other worker. It just doesn't seem fair to pit workers with tools against workers with no tools. When a worker is hired first, that worker deserves to work the whole farm. And why do people hire more than one worker anyway? I don't think there is a solution for this issue but I just had to vent. Ok. Done. Have a nice day. :-)

rabbitsandworms
May 05 2011, 03:12 PM
sassysuzie
you wonder why somepeople hire more that one worker.
I know this has happened to me before, I will click on someone to hire them, wait for a reply, if there is no reply in say 10 seconds i will try to hire another worker, they take the job, in the mean time the first worker returns to the computer, notices there is a request to ork and clicks yes, and then I have two workers now,

bluemoon2011
May 05 2011, 03:21 PM
sassysuzie
I know this has happened to me before, I will click on someone to hire them, wait for a reply, if there is no reply in say 10 seconds i will try to hire another worker, they take the job, in the mean time the first worker returns to the computer, notices there is a request to ork and clicks yes, and then I have two workers now,

This happens to me quite a bit, too, and I try to wait at least a minute before hiring someone else. I feel that if they can't respond to the request in a timely manner then they don't want the job all that bad, and the person that responded quickly and is working already should just keep working and finish the farm. I prefer to have only one person working on a farm, whether the workers have tools or not.

Lorraine Millett Snyder
May 05 2011, 03:26 PM
I have a 4x4 harvester and plower. When I go to a farm, I start clearing right away. Many times after beginning the job, I realize there is another worker who is more times than not a worker with no tools. At that point, I state I am leaving the rest of the work for that other worker. It just doesn't seem fair to pit workers with tools against workers with no tools. When a worker is hired first, that worker deserves to work the whole farm. And why do people hire more than one worker anyway? I don't think there is a solution for this issue but I just had to vent. Ok. Done. Have a nice day. :-)

I agree with you and I do the same thing Leave the rest.I think when they are hired the employer gets impatient with 1 X 1 so goes and gets someone else. there should be different markets for the 1x1 and 4x4 and now 5x5 . I am a 4.

JAS0643
May 05 2011, 04:03 PM

Because I can, because I want too, because it is my farm and I will hire as many as I like. I do not like it when people ask for or expect solo work I think it is very greedy of them. I have 3 crop farms that have almost 1000 fields on them if 2 people can't share then they don't need to be working for me. I will never hire someone in the mp asking for solo work I do not care the reason why they are asking.

sassysuzie

Now while I see your point I think only waiting 10 seconds is a little to fast, you need to give people a fighting chance to respond to you they don't need to be sitting mouse in hand ready to jump at a request when it comes up. This is a farming game not a game of who can click the fastest.

JAS0643
May 05 2011, 04:07 PM
I agree with you and I do the same thing Leave the rest.I think when they are hired the employer gets impatient with 1 X 1 so goes and gets someone else. there should be different markets for the 1x1 and 4x4 and now 5x5 . I am a 4.

If there was different markets how do you keep the 1x1 out of the other markets. Now lets say you can do that, do you really think people will go to the 1x1 market or even the 4x4 market to hire people. I don't they will all go to the 5x5 and hop to get a combine person to make the work even quicker.

sassysuzie
May 05 2011, 04:40 PM
I don't think for a minute 1x1's should have their own market or anyone else for that matter. I was a 1x1 once and I know how it feels to have a 4x4 come barreling into a farm and take everything. Now that I have a 4x4 I want to be fair. I don't mind sharing at all. And of course you have the right to hire as many workers as you want. I'm only stating my opinion from a worker's point of view. Happy Farming everyone!

Grumpa
May 05 2011, 05:14 PM

I have hired workers where I do not see a response from 1 of them so I end up with more than 1. If I have more work of the same type on another farm I will rehire the second person for that.

On another note, I now work 4x & 5x depending on how I am hired but I still can and do work 1x.

Just as in real life some people singe using the 8 note scale ( Do, Ri, Me ect. ) while others only no 2 notes which are Do Mi. Not only do they sing that way but they think that way, everything is for them (me me me me )

I have been working at 4 or 5x when someone else starts 1x and I will either say I will only do half or drop into 1x mode, depending on how much time I have or if I can get a chat going .

I have been working with others at 1x, working is a corner by myself when some with the tools comes in and just rips through everything.

There is a 2 note person. but I remember what goes around comes around and the best saying of all is the will in the end get what they deserve.

It is a bata game that we are all working the bugs out, we should enjoy playing the game. and just like in real life there are people that look and act like a jack ***.

topmop
May 05 2011, 06:33 PM

I do the same thing but with one difference. When I say I'm leaving the rest for them, if there is no "thank you" I take it all. I believe in giving everyone a chance to be polite.

JAS0643
May 05 2011, 07:35 PM
I do the same thing but with one difference. When I say I'm leaving the rest for them, if there is no "thank you" I take it all. I believe in giving everyone a chance to be polite.

I hope you realize that some people play in full screen mode and cannot see chat. Just because someone does not respond to you does not mean they are being rude.

jdl786
May 05 2011, 07:57 PM

I'll tell you why I end up hiring two workers even though I attempt to NEVER hire more than one.

I'll click on a person to work and get no reply at all. I will then go back to my farm, wait several seconds, and then go back to the market to hire someone else.

I'll hire this person, go 'with them' to my farm and without fail, the other person shows up. They never answered my hiring request and I never agreed to hire them yet they WILL be there. WHY??? Who knows...

I've emailed the game people about this and have never received any answer. Then I have to apoligize to my workers for having to much help.

Oh wellll,
Jim

jdl786
May 05 2011, 08:09 PM
At some point everyone was a 1X1. I like the 4X and 5X as much as anyone but almost always hire the 1X1.
Why??
Because there is really no major hurry. I can do any catch-up that needs doing, go to the market and sell, fish, do my trees or even switch to Farmville and work until the person is ready to plow.
And the 1X1 person won't become a 4x4 unless they get a chance to work.

KimberlyAnnie
May 06 2011, 05:08 PM
My 2 cents on working solo. I work solo only because if there are others working on a farm it lags so badly that I can hardly move. It's not greed. I'm happy with my level, coins, inventory, etc. Why does it lag? Who knows? Could be the game (it's ALWAYS worse when they come out with upgrades or new items), could be my computer, could be a combination. Whatever the reason for the lag, that lag is the reason I work solo. :)

I also wish we had the "fire" option. I once had a girl working 1x1 on a large farm of nothing but crops. After about 50 she stopped. I waited awhile then asked if she was still there. No reply. Refreshed the game and she was still standing there so I sent her a note. She replied that she was on the phone and would finish soon. I left the farm, hired for other farms, etc. Went and took a shower. Total time elapsed = about 45 minutes. She was still in the same place. So I went and hired someone else to finish the job and she immediately sent me a nasty note saying she planned on finishing when she was done on the phone. (I won't give you the details of her word choices). So she could type, but not click the mouse while talking on the phone??? :confused:
I've had other bad experiences, but that was the worst. :rolleyes:

JAS0643
May 07 2011, 12:20 PM
My 2 cents on working solo. I work solo only because if there are others working on a farm it lags so badly that I can hardly move. It's not greed. I'm happy with my level, coins, inventory, etc. Why does it lag? Who knows? Could be the game (it's ALWAYS worse when they come out with upgrades or new items), could be my computer, could be a combination. Whatever the reason for the lag, that lag is the reason I work solo. :)

Some things to try to help the lag. First turn off the floating xps and coins, you will not believe how much that alone will help you out. Second go to this link http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html (http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html)
and do two things. First set the limit to a higher limit, I have mine on 10mb. Second clear out your farm town data either by deleting all sites or looking for chn,slashkey.com and deleting that one. Deleting all will not hurt anything it will just make all websites that use flash get fresh data on the next load. Third thing to try is a different browser, I use Fire fox and chrome with no problems, I left IE behind long ago.

I also wish we had the "fire" option. I once had a girl working 1x1 on a large farm of nothing but crops. After about 50 she stopped. I waited awhile then asked if she was still there. No reply. Refreshed the game and she was still standing there so I sent her a note. She replied that she was on the phone and would finish soon. I left the farm, hired for other farms, etc. Went and took a shower. Total time elapsed = about 45 minutes. She was still in the same place. So I went and hired someone else to finish the job and she immediately sent me a nasty note saying she planned on finishing when she was done on the phone. (I won't give you the details of her word choices). So she could type, but not click the mouse while talking on the phone??? :confused:

A fire button is a very bad idea. In this case it would be a case where it should be used but it would be very abused by others. When she said she was on the phone I would have hired someone else to finish the job I wouldn't have waited 45 minutes. I have hired people that have the 4x4 and they will click the mouse then wait a minute and click again, then wait a minute and click again. While I do not expect people to finish in 2 seconds and don't even mind waiting on a 1x1 to do the job, they need to be working at a reasonable speed. If they are being very slow I go hire someone else to finish the job.

KimberlyAnnie
May 07 2011, 11:25 PM
Some things to try to help the lag. First turn off the floating xps and coins, you will not believe how much that alone will help you out. Second go to this link http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html (http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html)
and do two things. First set the limit to a higher limit, I have mine on 10mb. Second clear out your farm town data either by deleting all sites or looking for chn,slashkey.com and deleting that one. Deleting all will not hurt anything it will just make all websites that use flash get fresh data on the next load. Third thing to try is a different browser, I use Fire fox and chrome with no problems, I left IE behind long ago.

A fire button is a very bad idea. In this case it would be a case where it should be used but it would be very abused by others. When she said she was on the phone I would have hired someone else to finish the job I wouldn't have waited 45 minutes. I have hired people that have the 4x4 and they will click the mouse then wait a minute and click again, then wait a minute and click again. While I do not expect people to finish in 2 seconds and don't even mind waiting on a 1x1 to do the job, they need to be working at a reasonable speed. If they are being very slow I go hire someone else to finish the job.

Thanks for the reply and info JAS. As for the fire button, you are absolutely right. I guess I didn't think of it being abused because I wouldn't abuse it. :o

As for the Combine issue, I clear my cache several times a day and I go through all the troubleshooting tips posted in the Forum about once a month. Floating XP's and coins have been turned off since that option was made available, macromedia settings were changed a long time ago and I still check them when I go through the troubleshooting guide. I've been using Firefox for at least 8 months if not longer. Tried Chrome and hated it. IE doesn't ever get opened on my computer. ;)

Update on the performance - I now own the Combine and I can work other farms with no problem. Today several people used it on my farms with no flash crash for me. But then.....I hired someone who was using the 4x4 and it crashed. Rebooted, hired someone else for another farm and it crashed again (also with the person using 4x4). I'm at a loss. Perhaps it's my computer. Perhaps still a bit of a bug with the new tools. This too shall pass (I hope!)

Thanks again for your reply. :)

santorm
May 10 2011, 06:22 AM
"My vineyards yield 525 quarts of grapes. There are 105 quarts of grapes in every dry barrel of grapes. Each dry barrel of grapes yields 2 gallons of wine. How many gallons of wine will my vineyards yield?"

Did you know that there are two different types of gallons? And did you know that gallons and quarts may be totally unintelligible to players who are not from ex British colonies? And I am glad that someone else is helping with the maths rules, which I think are the same worldwide.......

Hessel
May 10 2011, 08:43 PM
I have completely given up on hiring for work on my farms. Between the ones that leave 20+ squares unpicked and then want to plow, and the ones who leave just after starting the job, it has proven to be futile. I just pick my own crops 5x5 and auto plow, and also work at the market. Given the lack of jobs at the market place most nights, I suspect that this is a fairly widespread thing. I do hire neighbors, but thats it. If people complain about not getting work, there are reasons. It has just become faster to avoid the hassle of trying to hire good help. It's too bad the good newbies have to pay the price for all the poor players who try to cherry pick their jobs. Too bad FT can't track the ones who quit and leave a job undone. That said, I love the game and an as addicted as ever. Thanks guys for a great sim!

Jillmatill
May 10 2011, 09:57 PM
I hate going to the Market to look for work. One of the reasons when I go to the Market and say "Im looking for chopping job" or specify something like that...is because I never have been able to get a job by saying "I have all tools,please hire me."
I have been ignored. Also, I started requesting to work alone in the Market because I am very fast...With tool, or without tool. I have had other people working on farms with me get mad because I can get more done than they can. I have had some tell me that I have no right to use my tools. First off, I worked hard to get those tools. If they want to get tools then they should work just as hard as I did. I don't always use my tools. Every once in a while I just work like I have no tools when doing trees or flowers or even chopping. I have still been accused of taking all the work and I have had notes sent to me calling me every name in the book. I love playing Farm Town and I hate to hear that someone ignores me because of my offering in the Market to do a specific job.
I am a very nice person and just about everyone I have worked for has been nice. Most of them have me as buddy's and check with me day and night to see if I can come work all of their farms. When someone does hire me for chopping or something at their farm I also let them know that I have all tools and can do any jobs they need done. Most have been very glad to hear that so they don't have to go back to the Market to hire someone else. This is like with most things in life...you have to deal with the good and the bad. I just hope anyone that ignores me would be willing to hire me at least once to see that I am a good neighbor in Farm Town and a good worker.

snow_angel
May 10 2011, 10:18 PM
You have every right to use the tools, otherwise the dev wouldn't have given us the option to use them. I have them and I will use them. Most times if a farmer finds out I have the tools they'll hire me to harvest and/or plow their other farms.

Joey TH
May 14 2011, 10:40 AM
Um, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this - it's been a long time since I was once a Farm Town addict and so much has changed since then! But I would love some help about simple things like, when I am hired to fish how do I do it, and what do I need to do it? Or what do I need to be able to chop trees?
I have tried the Game Guide but it doesn't go into that much detail. And I have tried searching through this Forum but it seems most people don't ask such basic questions as this! LOL

Taz D
May 14 2011, 03:20 PM
Um, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this - it's been a long time since I was once a Farm Town addict and so much has changed since then! But I would love some help about simple things like, when I am hired to fish how do I do it, and what do I need to do it? Or what do I need to be able to chop trees?
I have tried the Game Guide but it doesn't go into that much detail. And I have tried searching through this Forum but it seems most people don't ask such basic questions as this! LOL
Do you have any of the farm cash tools?
If you are hired for a single job then what ever tool you have to use will show up in place of the Gift Box. If you don't have a Farm cash tool like the boat or log truck, then you should already have the fishing pole or axe in your hand.
If it is a multiple hire then your tools will be in the extended toolbox. That is the yellow toolbox above the map. In that list is the fishing pole and axe so click on the one you need if you don't have any of the bigger tools. If you do have the bigger tools like the boat or log truck then click on the green arrow at top of that list and it will expand out to show all those tools. Click on the one you need for one of the jobs and go to it.

Eradani
May 14 2011, 03:32 PM

If you get hired for one item on the hire list, your available tool(s) will be on the bottom of the rhs (RightHandSide) menu.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224685_10150235989793255_520873254_8440028_4877685 _n.jpg

If you get hired multiple, the tools for what you've been hired for is in the extended toolbar off the yellow toolbox and green arrow. (this shows being hired for everything.)

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/225150_10150235989763255_520873254_8440026_837944_ n.jpg

bluehair
May 14 2011, 08:39 PM

if I have to go and cannot finish a job I am hired for I will let the person know usually if I have to attend to my son who has woken up at 11pm at night and could be a good 20 minutes away from my pc

maryfrancis3
May 15 2011, 09:12 PM
Hi.... :)
Not sure where to post this, so forgive me if this is the wrong thread.

My friend was invited to work on a farm and he accepted and he earned FARM CASH dollars .... 3 of them!!!!!...

I have tried to search in forums about how this is done and how I could earn some, but I can't find any articles anywhere. So would someone please explain to me how this works?

Mary xx

Tony D
May 15 2011, 09:17 PM
Hi.... :)
Not sure where to post this, so forgive me if this is the wrong thread.

My friend was invited to work on a farm and he accepted and he earned FARM CASH dollars .... 3 of them!!!!!...

I have tried to search in forums about how this is done and how I could earn some, but I can't find any articles anywhere. So would someone please explain to me how this works?

Mary xxHi Mary, the Developers introduced a Farm Cash challenge some time ago. It occasionally appears at the top of the farm screen and allows you to invite friends to help. If they help you can earn up to three farm cash per person.

mattievt
May 21 2011, 02:18 AM
Suggestion:
As there are rules for hiring people in the market place, why cant there be rules for their behaviour too? Some of them are downright rude, others so helpful - Yesterday I thanked one for the work as I usually do, got back: FOR WHAT?
Common courtesy should be the rule for both sides. I ask for work but my name says that I have no tools, then I get hired for the biggest overlayed wheat field that would take me a month to click through. Something should be done about that.

max_river
May 21 2011, 02:38 AM
a lot of the issues are that not everyone speaks and reads english people from all around the world play so they might miss understand that you have no tools. and when you are hired for layered it is your choice to stay or to do it. why should people stop layering because others do not like working them.

artisanrox
May 21 2011, 05:55 AM
a lot of the issues are that not everyone speaks and reads english people from all around the world play so they might miss understand that you have no tools. and when you are hired for layered it is your choice to stay or to do it. why should people stop layering because others do not like working them.

I disagree, lots of non-native English speakers are better at reading, writing and speaking english than the natives are.

Some people, yes, are just rude.

max_river
May 21 2011, 06:05 AM
oh ya there are rude people to but what i am saying is not everyone is being rude

Eradani
May 21 2011, 10:36 PM
Can't find a thread for this: What is being done about the people that come flying through the MP saying: Hire me! I use the efarmertool.com? Isn't this spamming the game?

i almost caught one once to report. they're just too fast unless your mouse is there already.

auntyPix
May 23 2011, 05:52 AM
I have completely given up on hiring for work on my farms. Between the ones that leave 20+ squares unpicked and then want to plow, and the ones who leave just after starting the job, it has proven to be futile. I just pick my own crops 5x5 and auto plow, and also work at the market. Given the lack of jobs at the market place most nights, I suspect that this is a fairly widespread thing. I do hire neighbors, but thats it. If people complain about not getting work, there are reasons. It has just become faster to avoid the hassle of trying to hire good help. It's too bad the good newbies have to pay the price for all the poor players who try to cherry pick their jobs. Too bad FT can't track the ones who quit and leave a job undone. That said, I love the game and an as addicted as ever. Thanks guys for a great sim!

I don't like hiring from the market any more either. I find these days that people are being 'too nice' about being hired - won't do this, will only do that etc, and then having to chase around your farm after they have harvested, especially trees! and gather what they missed is really frustrating. This is always supposing you are successful in hiring anyone to begin with. they disappear as you click on them, they turn you down, they totally ignore your hire request. As for getting work from the market, well there are a lot of changes there too. what is the protocol, if i am hired, with another player, to harvest, & i use tools & the other player does not? Do i greedily rush around with my harvester because i have been hired to harvest or do i harvest only some & leave some - usually a lot! - for the other player? or should i put my harvester away & use the manual clicker?
I tell you, it is easier & quicker to do it myself & get the xp's from my neighbours facilities.

pennyb
May 23 2011, 10:41 AM
i have been playing farm town for a long time now and it has, up til now, been a great deal of fun. The introduction of 4 x 4's and the like has made it uncomfortable and wearing. Players with tools just steam in and take the lot regardless of anyone else. I don't have any income so I cannot purchase credits to buy these items and consequently i now dread going to market to find employment.
As a suggestion could hiring be altered in some way so farmers can emloy one or the other - either 4 x 4s and the like or 1 x 1s?
It would restore my enjoyment i believe.
I can't be the only one who feels like this surely?

lcswdonna
May 23 2011, 12:40 PM
i have been playing farm town for a long time now and it has, up til now, been a great deal of fun. The introduction of 4 x 4's and the like has made it uncomfortable and wearing. Players with tools just steam in and take the lot regardless of anyone else. I don't have any income so I cannot purchase credits to buy these items and consequently i now dread going to market to find employment.
As a suggestion could hiring be altered in some way so farmers can emloy one or the other - either 4 x 4s and the like or 1 x 1s?
It would restore my enjoyment i believe.
I can't be the only one who feels like this surely?

This is being discussed, I cannot think of a solution, some have come up with ideas that are not workable, many feel as you do. I am uncomfortable and frustrated using tools for similar reasons. When hired with someone who is 1x1, I leave half for them. This is fine, except that one of the following happens. They leave immediately because I use my tools, despite my writing in the chat box that I will leave half. With the multiple hire, I don't know which task to start with. I get yelled at by the farmer for not leaving the right things for the 1X1. (happened yesterday) Or I only do half on a large layered farms and the farmer yells at me for not finishing. I try to ask the other person hired for direction on what they want out of the job, but seldom get an answer or get a ??? from them. I know I can just leave jobs if there is another person there, but I really will not do that. I do not want to just advertise solo work but am always relieved when it is a solo job. I will not give up my tools, they are wonderful with carpel tunnel, arthritis, tendinitis, and fibromyalgia wrecking my clicking ability. It is a touchy subject with possible infringements working against both employers and employees with any solution. I wish the tools were just universal and free, but that causes income infringements on the part of the developers. If they suddenly said, ok, anyone can now buy one with coins then there would be many upset that they spent real money on the ones they have. Maybe allowing the 3x3's to be used in the marketplace but would that make people upset also. You can see this is a quandry for us all. Maybe the devs have already come up with a solution and we will find out soon.

brendaboo1967
May 23 2011, 01:25 PM
I too have had this very thing happen.....

Kassidy73
May 25 2011, 09:41 PM
I haven't figured out how to use my 4X4 when hired for multiple jobs. The icon isn't showing up for me. Little help????? Thanks.

Taz D
May 25 2011, 10:05 PM
I haven't figured out how to use my 4X4 when hired for multiple jobs. The icon isn't showing up for me. Little help????? Thanks.
For multiple hire jobs you will need to go to the Extended Toolbox (yellow toolbox above map) to find them. This is the same place you find your facility manager.

JAS0643
May 28 2011, 06:49 PM
I have never liked when someone left me a message asking to plow, but I accepted it before the multiple hire came into the game because they couldn't visit other farms to see if we where there. Now that the multiple hire is in the game and has been for a while now there is no need to leave people a message asking to plow, if they want you to plow they will hire you to harvest and plow at the same time.

Violet Blooms
Jul 21 2011, 08:34 PM
We now have a place to hire and work and a place to sell. I think we need to have a "with tools" and "without tools" work areas. It gets frustrating for farmers who are in a hurry to wait for harvesters without tools. The farmers go and hire someone with tools who totally blows away the harvester without tools. This causes bad feelings. This could be avoided if the farmers could choose the type of harvesters they want from the start. Some farmers list their tools with their avatar name. That is pretty cumbersome. Maybe a function could be added that would display a farmer's tools when you click on their avatar.

I love Farm Town ....I think the game just keeps getting better! Thanks!

Hornyroo
Jul 21 2011, 08:56 PM
i like the idea of an icon to show who has what.. would be a nice way of quitely selecting exactly what u want, ive found though since i have my combine/plower/harvester/seeder, i no longer need to to use the market place..

pythonis
Jul 21 2011, 09:38 PM
im the same way but sometimes i like to think of the lesser people and offer them work. That is, of course, until i see them begging in the market. I swear its like some people seem to be running some sort of "auto-beg" program.

max_river
Jul 21 2011, 09:53 PM
im the same way but sometimes i like to think of the lesser people and offer them work. That is, of course, until i see them begging in the market. I swear its like some people seem to be running some sort of "auto-beg" program.

i like that one auto beg and it is so true. i will not hire when they do that

pythonis
Jul 21 2011, 10:00 PM
Ive actually had people in the market ask me where to get "auto-beg".

max_river
Jul 21 2011, 10:29 PM
lol no way

supertrucker
Jul 21 2011, 11:26 PM
while i can understand the frustration involved in hiring someone who has no tools (i've been on both sides of this, having spent many hours working for others, with no tools of my own, and doing so after i acquired some tools), it's just a game! if you are in that much of a hurry that you absolutely MUST hire someone with the biggest tools available, maybe you should be taking a pill or 2, stepping away from the computer, or going outside --- you know, that wide-open space on the other side of your front door, with street lights, cars, other people?!?... the tools are nice, but they don't allow you to actually interact with the person who hired you, since you're in and out in nothing flat... breathe in, click, breathe out... breathe in, move mouse, breathe out... alternate 'click' and 'move mouse' with every inhale/exhale cycle, you'll feel so much better...

pythonis
Jul 22 2011, 01:50 PM
i hire people with tools so that i CAN step away from the computer. I am so tired of hiring people that dont have tools then coming back 5 hours later to find they got booted or they didnt like the job and left or whatever. I come back and all of my crops have died or my trees are not even as far as finishing times. personally i dont want to interact with ppl in this game. if i wanted to talk to people id go knock on my neighbors door. But i hire those with tools because i know theyll do the job completely and theyll do it quickly. I dont have to micromanage people with tools.

How to do the "Its just a game" test. Spend all of your farm cash on sending things to your neighbors. Then go and delete every single farm cash item on all of your farms. Now, if you feel even the slightest bit of loss whether it be time or money spent then it wasnt just a game.

pythonis
Jul 22 2011, 01:52 PM
lol no way
yes way, Ted

itsabon
Jul 22 2011, 07:14 PM
The best part of this feature, if you have been with farm town for awhile..you can now hire someone who is just starting out..who doesn't have all the tools we (oldies) have, and just hire them to do everything on every farm and go on your merry old way..getting your farm done, while you are doing something else, and allowing (newbies) to do their thing..helping the new person..as we were helped when we first started........love farm town

artisanrox
Jul 22 2011, 08:58 PM
If I'm heading to work and in a hurry, I'll use my own coin tools, but I dislike it because I like hiring people. If I have a LOT of farmage to work, and get a 1x1er, I'll hire two people and put them each on their own farms and try to split the work evenly as I can.

If I have a 1x1 worker who stalls a LOT or is there to just goof around, I'll gladly look for a combine user to steamroll over 'em.

supertrucker
Jul 22 2011, 10:21 PM
The best part of this feature, if you have been with farm town for awhile..you can now hire someone who is just starting out..who doesn't have all the tools we (oldies) have, and just hire them to do everything on every farm and go on your merry old way..getting your farm done, while you are doing something else, and allowing (newbies) to do their thing..helping the new person..as we were helped when we first started........love farm town

amen to that... that's exactly the message i was trying to convey a couple of posts ago, but maybe it got lost in translation.

pythonis
Jul 22 2011, 10:31 PM
but you all are assuming that youve hired honorable people that wont decide the job is crappy or wont pay what they want and leave. Youre assuming they wont get booted before they even get halfway done. Youre also assuming that we actually want to leave the game or that we even have a life.

max_river
Jul 22 2011, 11:23 PM
but you all are assuming that youve hired honorable people that wont decide the job is crappy or wont pay what they want and leave. Youre assuming they wont get booted before they even get halfway done. Youre also assuming that we actually want to leave the game or that we even have a life.

well said. not only does the game time out or your flash player crasher because someone has to have 200 cats that are not in building that causes a lot of issues so you might want to think it is not only the one you hired fault it could be on you end to. the only time i have not finished a job because something happen. because i got booted off or one of my babies wakes up and they come first over farm town it is only a game

pythonis
Jul 23 2011, 01:46 AM
how about a marketplace or something for people who say its only a game? give us ocd farmers our own market or group.

max_river
Jul 23 2011, 01:49 AM
it is only a game but most of us are nuts about are farms and farmtown

pythonis
Jul 23 2011, 02:08 AM
then by that wouldnt it mean that its more than a game to some of us? not saying its a religion or worth calling in to work for but who wants to go spend a bunch of time and money fixing their farm up then just saying "oh well its just a game" then walk away? i know i dont.

pythonis
Jul 23 2011, 02:11 AM
anyway, lets get back to the question of the thread

pythonis
Jul 23 2011, 02:16 AM
now on occasion i do decide to hire a team of 1x1 farmers but even then i see greed in the majority. they all want solo work even with no tools. one will get mad they cant have it all to themselves and leave. another will see someone else pop in and start working and he will leave. personally if i didnt have tools i wouldnt even want to think about working on a farm without help.

max_river
Jul 23 2011, 02:40 AM
you are right both people with or with out just want everything to them self i rarley hire anyone anymore because of it. when i do go to the market looking for a job and i am hired with someone that does not have the tools i want use mine. i just want to be fair to everyone. it is weird how when we first started with out the tools we all did but now it is hard to go back to doing one by one. even on our own farms it is so much faster and we can fix up our farms the way we like. i could not ever walk away from it to much fun and money it to it

rosechristine
Jul 23 2011, 08:22 AM
I would like to see something indicating what tools a person has as well... I like to go and hire from the market. I have met some really nice people and they are now FT friends and we chat and get to know one another a little over time. Sometimes it is just I have things to do in real life and my farm has work that needs doing and none of my friends/buddies/neighbors are available.

Going and hiring from marketplace and not knowing what tools they have and multi-farm hiring is a huge risk. If they only have one tool they aren't likely going to do the other work and I freely admit my trees are set up that some you really can't harvest without a tool. If I see someone without a tool I can hire them for ONE FARM and look for another person or persons for the other farms. Let's face it, if someone has a boat they will likely fish my Big Seas while they are on the farm harvesting coconuts and bananas if they only have the fishing pole odds are against that.

Just a thought.

max_river
Jul 23 2011, 08:25 AM
I would like to see something indicating what tools a person has as well... I like to go and hire from the market. I have met some really nice people and they are now FT friends and we chat and get to know one another a little over time. Sometimes it is just I have things to do in real life and my farm has work that needs doing and none of my friends/buddies/neighbors are available.

Going and hiring from marketplace and not knowing what tools they have and multi-farm hiring is a huge risk. If they only have one tool they aren't likely going to do the other work and I freely admit my trees are set up that some you really can't harvest without a tool. If I see someone without a tool I can hire them for ONE FARM and look for another person or persons for the other farms. Let's face it, if someone has a boat they will likely fish my Big Seas while they are on the farm harvesting coconuts and bananas if they only have the fishing pole odds are against that.

Just a thought.

your right about the fishing i hated it before i got my boats

kathyoxo
Jul 23 2011, 11:58 AM
Oh dear some right drama queens you lot are, I am one of the lesser ppl who doesn't have the big 4 x 4 or 5 x 5 machines becos I can only come on for an hour a day after work so it takes me forever to go up the levels which I am happy with as it is a game I enjoy!! And why does everything you would love to have cost soooooooooo much everything is $40 or more!!!!

Why can't we go back to the old system were you earned a $ everytime you signed in the first time each day????

I was on a big farm this morning and the kind lady with her 5 x 5 left a WHOLE 10 fields for me to harvest an plow so yes we the lesser ppl get fed up!!!!!

Oh and beg in the market NO WAY I just stand there lookin gawjus and wait to get hired!!!

So you lot with yeh big machines gerra grip an gerra a life ;) xx

pythonis
Jul 23 2011, 12:06 PM
you lost me at gawjus (and gerra). the fields being left is a glitch. you can refresh or simply do them. theyll be added to your storage.

Why do I only hire machine owners: Why should I hire people slower than myself? If you cant be as fast or faster than myself then I'll just go ahead and do my own work.

cherylap
Jul 24 2011, 11:32 AM
If someone hires you to do multi tasks on multi farms and you have specifically asked for "flowers" (in my case) which i accepted the job (and would have done all tasks hired for if my main request was available as well) you get to the farm/s and the employer tells you there is only plowing (I prefer not to do at all) are you supposed to plow or apologise and leave.

I dont want to be rude but not sure what the correct thing to do now with all the multi tasks available... :confused:

snow_angel
Jul 24 2011, 02:54 PM
If someone hires you to do multi tasks on multi farms and you have specifically asked for "flowers" (in my case) which i accepted the job (and would have done all tasks hired for if my main request was available as well) you get to the farm/s and the employer tells you there is only plowing (I prefer not to do at all) are you supposed to plow or apologise and leave.

I dont want to be rude but not sure what the correct thing to do now with all the multi tasks available... :confused:

Since you specifically asked for flowers I'd say 'sorry but I asked for flowers not a plowing job' then leave. Not sure why this person would even ask for multitask if they only had plowing.

pythonis
Jul 24 2011, 02:57 PM
a lot of people think the multiple hire option was to just check every box then send out job offers. Kind of a "lazy man's" way of hiring. You never have to check to see what all is done when you can just hire for everything at once. Thing is, it really ticks those on the receiving off once they get to the farm and see all those jobs arent really available.

tnbskts
Jul 24 2011, 03:42 PM
Yes, it's annoying to get to a farm, having been hired to harvest and plow and whatnot, and find that there's only fishing. I guess, with the ability to hire people for multiple farms, it does allow that sort of abuse. Trouble is, it'd take forever to hire someone if you had to specify upfront, harvesting and plowing on farms 3 and 4, fishing on farm 5, chopping on farm 6, and flowers on farm 7.

I'm finding it makes it harder to hire people for multiple farms, with the option to hire for several farms at once. I hired two people by mistake - the first didn't respond to the hire for a while so I hired someone else - then when the first person did show up, she didn't do any harvesting, just waited for the other person to harvest and followed her around plowing, which upset the other person quite a lot.

I know the option to have a "fire your worker" feature has been discussed for years and rejected, but there are times I'd really like it.

One thing I would like, now we have this option for multihire on different farms, is the ability to cancel a hire request if someone doesn't respond for a while, so you can go and hire someone else and know you won't have two or more people falling over each other on your various farms.

spartan7886
Jul 24 2011, 03:43 PM
Sometimes the opposite happens. I'll hire to harvest, plow, and fish on multiple farms. Farm 1 is only fishing, later farms are all harvest and plow. I've had quite a few people get huffy and leave without doing anything because they think I tricked them by including the harvest and plow.

cherylap
Jul 24 2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the responses... I am glad that i have been responding to employers "thanks but i didnt want plowing" .. Seems to be the best thing to do...

Makes me feel guilty still but I dont need xp's, dollars but struggle to keep up with fruit or flowers.

This gives me an incentive to go to the market and look for work and look at other peoples farm rather than just mine... lol......

I Love the hire multiple tasks and farms feature it does make things easier alot of the time. (saves forgetting what farm has a worker on there already and hiring multiple people to do a few tasks.)

Thanks again...

smhtoney
Jul 24 2011, 10:50 PM
Thank you for starting this thread I'm and one of the people getting sick of the why wasn't I hired to plow threads popping up every other week.

My opinion on hiring to plow:

No matter what crop you are hired to harvest you are not entitled to the plowing. Just because a farmer hired you to harvest doesn't mean they have to hire you for another job even if you can see a job that needs to be done. It is fine to ask to plow after the harvesting is done. It is even fine to send a note to the farmer if they are not there as they might be on their other farm, just nicely ask and send it after you finish harvesting. If they are on the other farm they will pop over in a minute and hire you to plow if not leave after a minute or so assuming they are not at the computer. Don't leave several messages getting meaner as you go because they have not come back to hire you.

One more thing if you get to a farm that has a ton of trees on the farm if full fruit and you can't harvest the fruit, don't send a message to the farmer asking if they wont their trees done. If they wanted their trees done they would have hired you to do them to start with.

Excellent points all - it does boil down to there is no entitlement to a set of work that includes harvesting and plowing unless you have been multiple hired for both.

tnbskts
Jul 25 2011, 02:31 AM
I agree about the plowing; people aren't entitled to plow just because they've harvested, although it doesn't hurt to ask. Then again, it does annoy me a bit if I've been hired to harvest a large field of raspberries and the farmer brings someone else in to plow!

Not sure about the fruit, though. I've sometimes asked, after harvesting and plowing,"do you want me to harvest your fruit? (or flowers, or chop)" and have been hired to do it; people working on my farm have asked if I want them to fish or harvest flowers even though I didn't hire them to, and I've been happy to rehire them. I tend to just set my hiring parameters for harvesting crops and plowing, just because that's all I need on most of my farms, but it doesn't mean I'm going to be offended if someone offers to harvest flowers on the couple of farms that have them.

tnbskts
Jul 25 2011, 02:50 AM
I'd love to see that feature where you can check what tools people have. A lot of times I'm happy to hire people without tools (remembering how grateful I was for work as a lower-level player before I got my 4x4s), but sometimes if I have a lot of farms and want to replant before having to go out or go to bed or something, I'm looking for people with tools to get the work done quickly.

Shrap
Jul 25 2011, 03:31 AM
Why can't we go back to the old system were you earned a $ everytime you signed in the first time each day????

When did that happen? I don't remember ever getting farmcash for just signing in each day.

max_river
Jul 25 2011, 04:16 AM
they never did that for signing in but we did get 5 fc when they decided to give new player 5 when they firs started playing

Cookie01
Jul 25 2011, 04:36 AM
I don't use the market place very often - I have tools and if I'm in a hurry, it's quicker to do it myself. If I do fancy working on other people's farms I try to get a balance. If I'm hired for a farm with someone who has no tools I'll stick to doing half (and say so), it just seems the fairest way to deal with the issue. If I hire, I'll choose people with no tools for one farm but multi hire them if they say they'd be interested in doing more. If someone says they're looking to, for example, fish - I hire them - tools or not.

ImTheRealElly
Jul 25 2011, 06:40 AM
the option tohire someone to do everything on all farms is awesome!!! but, is there a reason to have 'crops and trees", crops and flowers"
why not just "crops" "trees" "flowers".
if you want someone to do only flowers there is no way to hire them for just that.

susme48
Jul 27 2011, 03:30 PM
I remember how greatful I was to be hired, in the beginning, and I loved solo work...and for a long time I tried to keep hiring folks, but it seems to me, that I never have any luck anymore, with who I hire...they NEVER stay, for multiple farms, and after 'wasting' time going back and forth to the market looking for someone to work, I admit I have given up. I can do it myself so much faster. I know it defeats the 'neighbor thing', but I don't know what to do about it. If I did not have tools I know I would be daunted by the thought of doing 10 farms solo...and doing the crops and trees and fishing....it would consume way way too many hours.

pythonis
Jul 27 2011, 03:33 PM
i know what you mean. Ive wondered many times why people beg in the market for work then when you hire them they dont ever finish it. Sure they might have gotten booted but i have some say "well real life stuff happened so i left". Well, if you had stuff happening why were you in the market looking for work in the first place?

GrannyMo
Jul 28 2011, 10:41 AM
Until we have a better way to "advertise" which tools we have, is it really that hard for hiring farmers to figure out from my avatar name ("___ 5x5 combine H/P pls") that I'm not interested in trees, fishing, chopping, or picking flowers since I don't yet have those tools? Otherwise, I'd be "____ ALL tools". Yet I continue to get cheery work requests for every task. I click "no thanks" and inevitably the farmer's next comment in chat is "doesn't any1 want 2 work?". Sigh. The tools/no tools issue works both ways.

Once in a while I accept a harvest/plow request only to land on the farm and find some poor soul plugging along field by field. I had to do the same thing from level 1 through about level 80 so I remember how much clicking it involves. No way am I going to steamroller them with my combine. I'll either switch tools to the hand scythe and join them on the same level if I have time, or tell the farmer I'm going to leave it to XXX who was there first.

And then there's the farmers who hire three or more combine workers. Ridiculous. It was bad enough to participate in "feeding frenzy" harvesting with the hand tool back in the day. I'm not gonna do it now, 25 at a time. Not that desperate for work.

Grumpa
Jul 28 2011, 11:19 AM
i know what you mean. Ive wondered many times why people beg in the market for work then when you hire them they dont ever finish it. Sure they might have gotten booted but i have some say "well real life stuff happened so i left". Well, if you had stuff happening why were you in the market looking for work in the first place?

Some times real life rears up and bites you in the *** when least expected. Had a 6 year old granddaughter come in with a cut hand. This is real life and I had to leave what I was doing.

A message to the farmer goes a long way.

then I have been booted off of farm town, no message can be left.

I have a farm with A LOT OF TREES, that I hires someone that wanted to work alone. About 20 minutes I asked her if she would like help and was told no thank you.

Had to leave the game with her still chopping trees, and found about 2/3 of the farm unchopped this morning that she never got to. No message so either she left and said nothing or got bounced.

PJ1234
Jul 30 2011, 10:52 PM
I've got to say that Farm Town players have become so rude it's taken all the fun & relaxation out of playing. Those of us who choose not to use real money to purchase the combines, etc. get walked all over by those who have them. It's absolutely rude and frustrating. I've taken a couple of weeks off from the game because I was so angry one evening. Now after a couple of evenings playing again, I remember why. It was fun for awhile, but now, I've had enough. No longer relaxing and enjoyable.

Jean's Farm
Jul 31 2011, 08:18 AM
I've got to say that Farm Town players have become so rude it's taken all the fun & relaxation out of playing. Those of us who choose not to use real money to purchase the combines, etc. get walked all over by those who have them. It's absolutely rude and frustrating. I've taken a couple of weeks off from the game because I was so angry one evening. Now after a couple of evenings playing again, I remember why. It was fun for awhile, but now, I've had enough. No longer relaxing and enjoyable.

Your best bet to make it fun again is to get one of your neighbors to do your harvesting and let you harvest yours. I have a standing arrangement every night at 8pm I meet up with a friend and I do his farms and he does mine.

I never hire from the market anymore....people hardly ever said thank you!! And they were rude harvesting like you said.

If you are using your crops to load your facilities....you can harvest yourself and still get the same amount of crops for facs. The large amount you see is only used if you sell your crops in the market.

If you do go to the market and find the farm you go to has a bunch of rude players.....just leave....so sense in getting upset....I bet you have neighbors who would let you harvest and vice versa. :)

ian waite
Jul 31 2011, 11:05 AM
think what pj is alluding to is those that have the say combine who never give others the chance to harvest

i have it but if im hired along with someone who hasnt got it then i will either leave or share the work i cant see the point in being greedy now ..

artisanrox
Jul 31 2011, 11:12 AM
Until we have a better way to "advertise" which tools we have, is it really that hard for hiring farmers to figure out from my avatar name ("___ 5x5 combine H/P pls") that I'm not interested in trees, fishing, chopping, or picking flowers since I don't yet have those tools? Otherwise, I'd be "____ ALL tools". Yet I continue to get cheery work requests for every task. I click "no thanks" and inevitably the farmer's next comment in chat is "doesn't any1 want 2 work?". Sigh. The tools/no tools issue works both ways.

I hardly ever seem to have problems hiring, and I hire from the MP almost every day. I think this is only because, as per my signature, I ask specifically for what I want done. "Multiple farms to p/h, trees to chop and harvest, flowers. Anyone want it?" I do fishing separate because most don't like to fish...however if someone offers to do it on my farm I will happily let them!

The best workers always say "I will, [myname]" or something like that...shows they're paying attention LOL.

I have very few people leave, too. In fact I have more often than not one or two folks who do *everything*. :D :D :D

I also have no reason to whine that no one wants work because I'm not randomly asking people for hings they don't want to do. :D

EDIT to throw in that I don't hire for multifarms from the MP...I only hire one farm at a time, as I like to know the farms are DONE before moving on to the next one. maybe for friends I'd multi-hire, but MP? No. If someone asks why i don't I explain that I get people leaving and disconnecting.

And then there's the farmers who hire three or more combine workers. Ridiculous. It was bad enough to participate in "feeding frenzy" harvesting with the hand tool back in the day. I'm not gonna do it now, 25 at a time. Not that desperate for work.

Wow...that's...just...indescribable. :eek:

Sandy Mae
Jul 31 2011, 11:40 AM
Very true, and I have tools. I get embarrassed when some one comes back to hire me to pick up the slack from farmers who don't have tools. I try to hire the ones with out more often than those who do.

Sandy Mae
Jul 31 2011, 11:45 AM
I have the problem with workers leaving because they are not being watched, even when I don't watch. I get people who only want large expensive crops who will get half done and leave. I make it a point to do all chores hired for. Even if it not profitable to me.

GrannyMo
Jul 31 2011, 12:01 PM
EDIT to throw in that I don't hire for multifarms from the MP...I only hire one farm at a time, as I like to know the farms are DONE before moving on to the next one. maybe for friends I'd multi-hire, but MP? No. If someone asks why i don't I explain that I get people leaving and disconnecting.

You must have hired me in the past week or so, then (or, more likely, others do the same thing). I'll admit to the brief thought of "why not use the multi" at the time, thinking that the hiring farmer wouldn't have had to hang out and wait for me to finish, but it's a perfectly reasonable hiring practice. That's why it's a good idea for a worker to pause for a few seconds after finishing a farm before a final "TY" and exit. I've had some very nice "re-hires" that way. Just because the multifarm hiring option exists doesn't mean it must be used.

pythonis
Jul 31 2011, 12:17 PM
Some times real life rears up and bites you in the *** when least expected. Had a 6 year old granddaughter come in with a cut hand. This is real life and I had to leave what I was doing.

A message to the farmer goes a long way.

then I have been booted off of farm town, no message can be left.

I have a farm with A LOT OF TREES, that I hires someone that wanted to work alone. About 20 minutes I asked her if she would like help and was told no thank you.

Had to leave the game with her still chopping trees, and found about 2/3 of the farm unchopped this morning that she never got to. No message so either she left and said nothing or got bounced.its always the kids. ive had stuff happen but i just get up from the pc and then go back to it a moment later and resume the job. sure i get booted sometimes but thats why you send a message stating "just in case you or i get booted" that way the other can find you and rehire or whatever. im more into what i want in the game not others. if the person had said no to help idve said "well youre going to get help because i have to go in about X minutes". They can accept the help or they can throw a temper tantrum and leave. Thats another reason i hire tools only. i dont have to wait very long for a job to be finished.

artisanrox
Jul 31 2011, 02:59 PM
You must have hired me in the past week or so, then (or, more likely, others do the same thing).

I've done soooooooo many raspberries this week because I'm on vacation from work, I probably did. LOL :D

GrahamFluet
Jul 31 2011, 11:31 PM
I mean SRSLY.

I ask if anyone wants to fish, then a few will say yes, but as soon as they get to the first farm, they disappear! :mad:

ian waite
Aug 01 2011, 06:07 PM
some do some dont i allways fish can never get enough but most are chasing xp and none with fishing :(

nanaleanna
Aug 01 2011, 06:32 PM
I think if people received XP's for fishing, it might be more interesting. I find fishing incredibly boring.:eek:

Taz D
Aug 01 2011, 06:44 PM
I think if people received XP's for fishing, it might be more interesting. I find fishing incredibly boring.:eek:
You don't get experience for harvesting either. You get a percentage of the crop and 25% of the sale price. For fishing you get about 50% of the fish. To me that would be plenty of incentive and specially if you have bait on hand for them to use.

Fee Fi Faux Farm
Aug 01 2011, 07:32 PM
shoot, half the time they dont finish what i hired them to do to begin with...LOL

GrannyMo
Aug 04 2011, 08:08 AM
I mean SRSLY.

I ask if anyone wants to fish, then a few will say yes, but as soon as they get to the first farm, they disappear! :mad:

A few reasons why I don't fish:
1. Don't have the right tool. (Which is also why I don't chop, pick flowers, or harvest trees.)
2. Hiring farmers aren't communicating about what bodies of water they have, on how many farms. It makes a difference. If they have miles of rivers, stacked waterfalls, etc. on 4 or 5 farms or more, fishing them one click at a time takes forever. A couple of big lakes or seacoasts, on the other hand, may be worth the effort if I have time. But I'm not going to accept a hiring request for fishing if the farmer hasn't told us what's there to be fished.
3. I've occasionally -- mistakenly -- clicked to accept a job that included fishing along with harvesting/plowing because I didn't see the "fishing" part soon enough to turn it down. This is likely why you've seen people click out after accepting. I hate to do that but depending on what's there to be fished, if my time is limited I pretty much don't have a choice. I do apologize to the hiring farmer, though, if he/she is present.

I've had no problems getting people to fish, but I do tell the MP up front what I have, and hire only the ones who respond to that.

PowerUnit
Aug 04 2011, 08:41 PM
The fish oil pills should help. 4 carp sell for 6,000. In my books that's a big profit. Of course you lose fields, but that's no big deal.

Scarlet
Aug 05 2011, 06:49 AM
I love fishing and have the big boat which makes it much easier. However the fish do sometimes get stuck, and then a change of farm or a rehire is necessary. Tip. when hiring to fish hire for two farms even if only one has fish on it. Then the angler can unstick the fish by going away and coming back. I also wish there were XPs for fish! :D )

HelenJS22
Aug 05 2011, 07:49 AM
I mean SRSLY.

Do you have a farm made up of about a million river pieces ... and absolutely no sea coasts or lakes? I always fish if that's what I'm hired to do, and I have a green boat, but I absolutely hate it when I arrive and find a million river pieces ... often no bait ... and no extra crabs or salmon for me either :( I was on a farm the other day when someone else arrived, and immediately called the farmer who hired him an idiot for thinking that he would be bothered with the fishing on offer with no bait ... and promptly left.

poetbjc64
Aug 05 2011, 11:00 AM

I agree with this 100% , and have been thinking about this for a while
I do fish for others and enjoy it. As it pays as well as some crops and I can usually do it alone without being trampled by someone with tools.

If they allowed us to by the multi tools with coins we could maybe have more people help as it would go faster with the boats as some people find it too long and tedious a job to get done. They won't even fish their own waters

artisanrox
Aug 05 2011, 11:11 AM
They won't even fish their own waters

I don't. Fishing without tools is more like slots or gambling than the rest of the gameplay. I only fish my own waters when someone doesn't finish it. However I always keep lots of bait on hand.

It's all the idle clicks that you have without the tools that just make it annoying. When you are plowing, harvesting, facility-ing, etc. you are GUARANTEED a kickback. This game really isn't geared for gamblers like a lot of those "other" social games (thank God above), it's much more geared for managers and decorators...so naturally you will find fewer interested in fishing without tools. I'm not complaining about fishing in general...hey, if you like to fish, knock yourself out.

I don't have any tools except the coin tools and manure spreaders, though I am seriously considering getting the boats above any other tools now because it'd be nice to have very little competition!! :D

poetbjc64
Aug 05 2011, 04:09 PM
I don't have any tools except the coin tools and manure spreaders, though I am seriously considering getting the boats above any other tools now because it'd be nice to have very little competition!!

I agree with you there. That and the chainsaw will be the tools I'll try for next time
I tried to get the others with cash but they didnt stick around. So maybe I'm supposed to get the others, lol
Beat the crowds is what I say.

bluehair
Aug 06 2011, 06:55 AM
that if someone is going to hire you to work on more than 1 farm that they use the multiple hire and select the farms they want you to work on.

that way if the person hiring has 5 or 6 farms that need doing the hiree doesnt have to wait to see if there are other farms they can see which ones are highlighted and when finished work on one farm go to the next :)

Texas Star
Aug 06 2011, 01:31 PM
hear, hear. I deliberately do not hire anyone that has a specific list of what they will plow, or that they work alone. I will hire someone else out of spite if I do it by accident.

The begging is terrible. I saw a girl say "this is why I play FarmVille" in the market - the process of hiring, the begging, etc. is not very fun.

Just a note that may be of interest.... Many of my friend's computers are not as new and slow down so much that they cannot get any work done when there are other workers. I had that problem myself before I got my laptop, and still have a problem when ten or more people are hired for one farm :) Happy farming!

suemack
Aug 06 2011, 09:44 PM
I love fishing and have the big boat which makes it much easier. However the fish do sometimes get stuck, and then a change of farm or a rehire is necessary. Tip. when hiring to fish hire for two farms even if only one has fish on it. Then the angler can unstick the fish by going away and coming back. I also wish there were XPs for fish! :D )

Just reload the farm and you can finish the fishing. I love that you can do this and keep the hire now.

Deyo
Aug 08 2011, 01:41 PM
my idea relates to the possibility of designating crops, flowers, or trees that your neighbors or buddies can harvest whenever they happen to come to your farm. It would be nice to toggle the ok to harvest for each item independently, which comes to mind that it would be nice to hire for harvesting trees or flowers separate from crops. It's more a truth in advertising too, since many folks immediately leave if there are no crops but tons of trees or flowers to harvest. So, also thought if neighbors or buddies could harvest when they are there, it might save some crops from going bad if we don't get back to FT in time to specifically hire. Well that's my thought for the day. Oh yes, and if we are hired for tasks. and accidentally get bumped off but happen to be able to get right back to the farm it would be nice if the hiring authorities still applied. Happened to me today, but the person who hired me probably signed off expecting all jobs would be completed when she returned and now that won't be true. I got right back because of a communication we had exchanged, but was no longer able to work. so that's two thoughts for the day. LOL! Love the game, and enjoy meeting new folks. Deyo

Witch Hazel
Aug 10 2011, 03:05 AM
To say "Thank you" in chat or a posted message lets me know that when I've hired someone to fish multiple farms, I know they've finished the job. It's embarrassing when they dissapear after what I think is thefirst and only farm they fished and hire someone else to finish the fishing, I find out it's zero fish because they fished , left, and didn't say anything. I think it's especially important with fishing cuz you can't tell. And if I have to keep double checking and rehiring...well I could do it faste myself and I don't have tools!

JAS0643
Aug 10 2011, 11:26 AM
To say "Thank you" in chat or a posted message lets me know that when I've hired someone to fish multiple farms, I know they've finished the job. It's embarrassing when they dissapear after what I think is thefirst and only farm they fished and hire someone else to finish the fishing, I find out it's zero fish because they fished , left, and didn't say anything. I think it's especially important with fishing cuz you can't tell. And if I have to keep double checking and rehiring...well I could do it faste myself and I don't have tools!

If I am hired for multiple farms no matter what the job is I am going to say thank you on the first farm and that is it. I am not going to go hunting for the farmer when I get done just to say thank you again. You can always look at your water to see if it got done. No matter what you hire someone do you have to check behind them to see if they got it all.

Happy pants
Aug 10 2011, 11:33 AM
I usually leave a note so they know I did what I was hired to do.

nuttypiglet
Aug 10 2011, 04:53 PM
If I hire someone to do a farm for me, I do just that, hire them to do the farm. Crops, trees, anything. Why would I want to get someone different to plow?
If they do a good job and FINISH the work, I add them to my buddy list for future opportunities.

jsbh821
Aug 11 2011, 12:54 PM
Ok so what I am doing wrong? I hire people to work on my farms and I clicked Mulitiple hire, etc. then click on all farms and they only do the first and leave. I am wondering if they just don't know to go to the next farm or it's not showing as available to work on. I thought maybe the first time this happened, they just didn't feel like doing anymore, but it happens all the time now. Any suggestions???

Taz D
Aug 11 2011, 01:02 PM
Ok so what I am doing wrong? I hire people to work on my farms and I clicked Mulitiple hire, etc. then click on all farms and they only do the first and leave. I am wondering if they just don't know to go to the next farm or it's not showing as available to work on. I thought maybe the first time this happened, they just didn't feel like doing anymore, but it happens all the time now. Any suggestions???
I think it is more that they don't know or understand. The hire for multiple farms has not been out that long and many don't know about or come to the forums to get the information about new things.

jsbh821
Aug 11 2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks! I was pretty much thinking the same thing. I guess I need to say I have 10 farms when in the market to hire!!

Taz D
Aug 11 2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks! I was pretty much thinking the same thing. I guess I need to say I have 10 farms when in the market to hire!!
Or explain to them when you get them to the farm about it.

AirRage
Aug 12 2011, 01:51 PM
This just made my day :D
I just hired someone to fish for me.
When we came to my farm she went to it.. or we both thought so...
Suddenly she yelled, "You´re lying, it´s not working, I´m not able to do it!!"
I was, "YES, there are fish. Try again". She apologized... she was using the axe, not the fishing rod!! :D ;)

StoneFace
Aug 12 2011, 01:56 PM
This just made my day :D
I just hired someone to fish for me.
When we came to my farm she went to it.. or we both thought so...
Suddenly she yelled, "You´re lying, it´s not working, I´m not able to do it!!"
I was, "YES, there are fish. Try again". She apologized... she was using the axe, not the fishing rod!! :D ;)

tell her that you will use the ax, ..... after she catches them.

Fish heads make pretty decent fertilizer in some flower beds :eek:

AirRage
Aug 12 2011, 02:12 PM
tell her that you will use the ax, ..... after she catches them.

Fish heads make pretty decent fertilizer in some flower beds :eek:

Ewww! No more hiring fishermen/-women!!