PDA

View Full Version : Discussions about Hiring and Hiring Practices

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Vivienne57
Sep 25 2012, 01:12 AM
I don't go to the market at all now because of all the issues with hiring workers...ie. those stated above and more. I do work for other neighbours when they message me and vice versa if my neighbours are on and not too busy. I miss the interaction in the market too. Earlier on in the game whilst you were waiting for work in the market people actually talked to one another, now players either just don't reply or are begging for work. I love the game and how it's progressed but agree it does make it harder for those just starting out without all the tools.

Tony D
Oct 14 2012, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure this is a suggestion.. more like a complaint!! Just went to help with friends' fac work requests and the first three I answered were so heavily stacked and layered that even when I hid EVERYTHING, my flash crashed. I guess I don't understand the mind set that requires such piling up of the fields when we have 16 farms and I have more crop land than I can possibly need. There must be some way to put a limit on these intense layers/stacks because they slow down everything!! Meanwhile, I've made note of those farmers and will ignore their requests for help.Hi, I moved your post to general feedback.

dnana
Oct 15 2012, 05:53 PM
This is why we need two market places for hire. I think the farms have gotten way too big for those who are struggling to do it all by hand.

This is true. I always tell my hires to take their time, they are the only worker, and if they have no tools, I remind them to refresh the farm every minute or so so they don't get booted (which you can get around by clicking the green tick and immediately clicking another farm, but so many people don't know that!). I prefer hiring low level players only, too, but it's hard to tell sometimes, so I try not to care. I've met some really great people at the market over the last 3 years, I'm not going to stop going there coz a few rudies. It all evens out in the end. :)

Berle
Oct 18 2012, 09:57 AM
In the last couple of weeks, I have something happening that was frequent in the past but have not seen in months. When I hire someone to work, others have been coming along with them. They retreat to the upper right corner plot and just stand there. I can get rid of them by clicking on them and ignoring. What's happening?

KnightRider
Oct 18 2012, 10:31 AM
In the last couple of weeks, I have something happening that was frequent in the past but have not seen in months. When I hire someone to work, others have been coming along with them. They retreat to the upper right corner plot and just stand there. I can get rid of them by clicking on them and ignoring. What's happening?

They are probably following you from the marketplace.

snow_angel
Oct 18 2012, 01:01 PM

I've had this happen when I've gone to the market to sell the items in my facilities and when I go back to my farm at least one person follows me back.

Tony D
Oct 18 2012, 03:40 PM

I've had this happen when I've gone to the market to sell the items in my facilities and when I go back to my farm at least one person follows me back.

Hi this is most likely 'ghosting' the people are not actually on your farm , the display just brings back the images from the marketplace

Berle
Oct 19 2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks all of you for the replies. I hire every day and it hastened happened for a long time until the last couple of weeks.

pythonis
Oct 22 2012, 12:54 PM
Would be nice if everyone who had at least the 4x4 harvester AND plower had some sort of aura around them. Pretty much the standard reason for coming to the market is to hire people to harvest and plow and this way we would know without having to ask who has the most desired tools.

Berle
Oct 22 2012, 06:42 PM
Would be nice if everyone who had at least the 4x4 harvester AND plower had some sort of aura around them. Pretty much the standard reason for coming to the market is to hire people to harvest and plow and this way we would know without having to ask who has the most desired tools.

I have 4 X 4 tools and at least minimal tree handling and more for chopping. However, I do not like to work for others that have many active farms with lots of planting. It really takes too long.

However, I will hire someone without tools that wants to work and is willing to do the best job they can. I do feel guilty if I do hire them and I have 10 of my sixteen farms ready to work. I wish there was some way to find out how much work one is willing to do.

It is irritating to hire someone and have them flake out after two farms when many need to be done.

udepaddock
Oct 22 2012, 07:03 PM
how do I go about being able to use my equip on other farm work ??? It had told me to click on the world on the right corner I don't see NO world

KnightRider
Oct 22 2012, 07:11 PM
how do I go about being able to use my equip on other farm work ??? It had told me to click on the world on the right corner I don't see NO world

You have to have purchased any of the FC tools to be able to use them on another persons farm, if you have the FC tools, you also must have them in your storage and when you get to their farm click on the tool box to open up the extended toolbox which shows all tools and click on the tool that you want. If there is only one tool that you can use it should show up in the tool box grid when you get to their farm. For example if you have the 4x4 harvester and you are hired to harvest then you should see your 4x4 harvester in the tool box at the bottom, just click on it and you can use it.

snow_angel
Oct 22 2012, 07:14 PM

No you click on the picture of the 'box of tools' its right above the map

Gregh
Oct 22 2012, 07:55 PM
Here's a thought for you all about hiring. When you hire someone, they are really a partner not a simple employee. You don't pay them, the game does by generating coins and goods out of thin air. If it's a cash crop, they are effectively paying YOU with their time and the extra money you get from the Large Bins. You earn about three times as much as they do for the work they save you. They also bring their own tools and fuel - a true employer would have to provide those.

I can think of many ways that "Fire buttons" and rating systems could (and inevitably would) be abused.

When I hire someone, I hope they will do a good job. If they do I will look out for them next time I'm hiring. If they don't, I hope I never hire them again. When I work for someone, I do the same. There are people out there whose farms I love, and others I hope I will never work for again.

What I would really like to see, and what I think would rapidly improve the hiring experience for all of us, is a button that allows you to "Ignore" unsatisfactory workers after they have left your farm, without having to find them again to click on them, so that you never hire them again.

For the worker, provide a button that allows you to "Ignore" unsatisfactory employers so you never accept another job from them.

Tokeloshe
Oct 30 2012, 08:13 AM
I am experiencing a totally different attitude with the new update. I had usually harvested, ploughed etc myself in the past as it was too much hassle to get someone else to do it. However with the increased benefits in the new upgrade I decided to get guys from the market to do it. I am amazed at how many people just push off in the middle of doing whatever they are meant to be doing. I am now specifically looking for people with tools - which seems a bit unfair to the guys who can't afford tools - what does everyone else find?

katupatree
Oct 30 2012, 08:19 AM
I have been hired lately by people with crops so stacked and then flowers and trees layered over so thick that I my computer freezes in the middle of working or I cannot work at all. I usually tell people after finishing a job "thank you for the work", I wish I could tell these people why I did not finish the work. Instead i usually have to cut my internet off and reconnect just to get back into farm town. I have all tools, but this is riduculous.

rodneycs
Oct 30 2012, 11:41 AM
Why when you click to hire does no one appear. This seems to be an increasing problem. Or sometime speople appear for a fraction of a second and then disappear.

Grandma Suzy Q
Oct 30 2012, 12:06 PM
I agree katupatree, I am so tired of going to a farm and can't even move.

angiesholler
Oct 30 2012, 12:43 PM
I know one thing about hiring from the marketplace. I really dont want to do that because most of them will not do the job hired and then I have to worry about them staying on my farm and getting the crops as they are ready the next week or so. I have hired from the marketplace twice since the new updates and have not had a good experience. They want to work but leave things. Then I have to go back through and finish all the things they have left before I can water my crops. Sorry to say but its really not worth the aggravation to hire from the marketplace.

Taz D
Oct 30 2012, 01:56 PM
I know one thing about hiring from the marketplace. I really dont want to do that because most of them will not do the job hired and then I have to worry about them staying on my farm and getting the crops as they are ready the next week or so. I have hired from the marketplace twice since the new updates and have not had a good experience. They want to work but leave things. Then I have to go back through and finish all the things they have left before I can water my crops. Sorry to say but its really not worth the aggravation to hire from the marketplace.
If they stay on your farm to get crops later, then they cannot be working their own farm. I doubt that they would do that.
Yesterday I hired 2 people for 7 farms (non-layered). One had tools and the other didn't. The one with no tools did one farm harvesting and half the plowing. The one with tools did the other 6 farms and completed both harvesting and plowing. I suspect the one without the tools got tired of clicking and left or got bumped off. Doesn't matter as they did enough to help. Some don't have high speed connections and newer computers so they get bumped. It is something you live with and go hire another one.

Gregh
Oct 30 2012, 05:40 PM
I hire people who are savvy enough to change their status colour. My reasoning is that if they care enough to do this little thing then it's likely they care enough to do a good job. I do get the occasional dud, but by and large whoever I hire does what they were hired to do. The farms I hire people for are designed for easy harvesting: I have farms that would be a nightmare to harvest, but I do those myself since I know what I want harvested on those farms and don't waste my time chasing random trees across the landscape.

Jean's Farm
Oct 31 2012, 04:43 PM
I have been hired lately by people with crops so stacked and then flowers and trees layered over so thick that I my computer freezes in the middle of working or I cannot work at all. I usually tell people after finishing a job "thank you for the work", I wish I could tell these people why I did not finish the work. Instead i usually have to cut my internet off and reconnect just to get back into farm town. I have all tools, but this is riduculous.

You could leave them a message before you leave as to why you couldn't finish the work. If I get to a farm that is running very slow for me, I will take a minute and leave them a note right when the problem starts. Just in case I get kicked off or can't go on. I usually say something about it running slow for me but I will keep going but wanted to let them know in case I get kicked off and can't finish. :)

CynthiaSue
Nov 01 2012, 12:11 AM
I had a couple people not finish the work this morning, but that is not usual for me. I find most people do the work they are hired to do. Occasionally, it appears that they have left, but if I leave and come back, I see that work is still getting done. Some people seems to go offline after awhile. I don't think they do it on purpose. I think it just happens to people who take a long time to do something, because they don't have any tools. I am really careful to check and recheck if the person appears to no longer be on my farm, before rehiring, cause I would hate them to go to the trouble to do all that work, and not even realize that someone else has come to the farm and is finishing the work. I dont' think since they are offline, that they would be able to see that the work is getting done by someone else, and so would end up redoing it and not getting credit for it. Not sure if that is how it would work, but I would assume that the first person to do it would be the one who got credit for it and not both.

melanie-hamilton
Nov 01 2012, 11:44 PM
I would like to discuss this:
3. Extra Box/Product when Hiring Strangers from the Marketplace: To increase work availability in the marketplace we have decided to reward those who hire strangers (not a Buddy or neighbour) in the Marketplace. That is to say, if you go to the Marketplace to hire others you will receive an extra product (regular non-large box, fruits, flower, log or fish) in your storage for each product harvested. This will help employers having more products to load their facilities.
I just concluded an experiment and found out that we no longer receive an extra "large or non large" box when we hire our neighbour, but we do when we hire a stranger from the market. I hired someone from the market to harvest crops and received 730 regular hibiscus and 730 (large) hibiscus. I hired a neighbour to harvest the same size farm, same crop, and received only 730 hibiscus...no extras. It's not right to take what was given to us for hiring a neighbour and give it to us for hiring a stranger from the market. Please put it back the way it was or make it the same whether you hire a neighour or a stranger from the market.

Taz D
Nov 02 2012, 12:09 AM
I would like to discuss this:
3. Extra Box/Product when Hiring Strangers from the Marketplace: To increase work availability in the marketplace we have decided to reward those who hire strangers (not a Buddy or neighbour) in the Marketplace. That is to say, if you go to the Marketplace to hire others you will receive an extra product (regular non-large box, fruits, flower, log or fish) in your storage for each product harvested. This will help employers having more products to load their facilities.
I just concluded an experiment and found out that we no longer receive an extra "large or non large" box when we hire our neighbour, but we do when we hire a stranger from the market. I hired someone from the market to harvest crops and received 730 regular hibiscus and 730 (large) hibiscus. I hired a neighbour to harvest the same size farm, same crop, and received only 730 hibiscus...no extras. It's not right to take what was given to us for hiring a neighbour and give it to us for hiring a stranger from the market. Please put it back the way it was or make it the same whether you hire a neighour or a stranger from the market.
We have never gotten extra boxes for a neighbor, buddy or even a stranger before the addition of this for the strangers from the market.
For all before and now for Neighbors and Buddies you get what you have planted, plus the additional 1 each if fertilized, plus the belt bonus amount. That means if you had 100 plots planted, fertilized, and the highest belt then you would get 100 (plots) + 100 (fertilized) + 72 (belt bonus) = 272.
Now with the additional bonus for hiring from the market you would get 100 (plots) + 100 (fertilized) + 72 (belt bonus) + 100 market bonus = 372

melanie-hamilton
Nov 02 2012, 08:02 PM
You are mistaken. I have checked it in the past before this new update and we did too.

Gregh
Nov 02 2012, 08:42 PM
You are mistaken. I have checked it in the past before this new update and we did too.

What we got in the past when we hired anyone was "Large" size boxes instead of "Regular" boxes. We still get that. I just hired a neighbour to harvest 1055 Watermelons.

Before:
- Watermelon 2145 regular @ 92c

Neighbour harvested 1055 Fertilised fields.
- Theoretical yield: 1055 fields + 1055 fertilisation + up to 749 from 6th dan = up to 2859 Large boxes

After:
- Watermelon 2820 Large @ 110c
- Watermelon 2145 Regular @ 92c

That's in line with what was expected.

Debbie Lee C
Nov 02 2012, 08:59 PM
Sorry Taz,, Melanie is right

UB40 Frankie
Nov 02 2012, 09:10 PM
Melanie is correct .... we did get an extra item if we hired a neighbour to work. My farms are all laid out to cater for this as I make a habit of hiring a neighbour and now all of my stocks are dropping since the last update. Fair enough, open the bonus to include hiring from the market but please slashkey .... give us our neighbour hiring bonus back

UB40 Frankie
Nov 02 2012, 09:25 PM
Yes Gregh, that is in line with what is expected if you've just hired a neighbour. However, prior to the update you would've got your 2820 large watermelons plus you would've got another 1055 regular watermelons as a bonus for hiring a neighbour and that will make a BIG difference to your stock levels

Gregh
Nov 02 2012, 10:11 PM
Yes Gregh, that is in line with what is expected if you've just hired a neighbour. However, prior to the update you would've got your 2820 large watermelons plus you would've got another 1055 regular watermelons as a bonus for hiring a neighbour and that will make a BIG difference to your stock levels

Hmm, can you tell us when that was announced? Because I've never received any extra regular boxes for hiring neighbours! :)

For example see this post from last month, before the new update. If I'd received any bonus regular boxes I'd have noticed.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5284874&postcount=510

CynthiaSue
Nov 02 2012, 11:13 PM
I hire people who are savvy enough to change their status colour. My reasoning is that if they care enough to do this little thing then it's likely they care enough to do a good job. I do get the occasional dud, but by and large whoever I hire does what they were hired to do. The farms I hire people for are designed for easy harvesting: I have farms that would be a nightmare to harvest, but I do those myself since I know what I want harvested on those farms and don't waste my time chasing random trees across the landscape.

I rarely change my status color. Now, I rarely work on peoples farms, but I do hire most of my work done. I have found that most of the time if I change my coloring to hiring, I get tons of requests to take jobs. I wonder if people really quite get it when it comes to the colors. Sometimes I just hide behind that tent thing.

UB40 Frankie
Nov 02 2012, 11:44 PM
Hmm, can you tell us when that was announced? Because I've never received any extra regular boxes for hiring neighbours! :)

For example see this post from last month, before the new update. If I'd received any bonus regular boxes I'd have noticed.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5284874&postcount=510

I have been doing a lot of research into this as I have a spreadsheet I have written which tells me exactly how many trees and flowers I need in order to keep my facilities stocked at 100%. In writing the spreadsheet I tried several ways of harvesting .... fertilized, non-fertilized, neighbours, market. As as example ... before the update, hiring a neighbour to harvest a block of 64 fertilized trees I would get 2 large plus 0.7(ish) for 6 dan and an extra 64 for hiring a neighbour. Admittedly, I normally had to refresh the farm for the 64 to appear in my storage but they were definitely there. I tried this with neighbours and with people I knew that were not my neighbours and the extra 1 only came from hiring neighbours

Tony D
Nov 03 2012, 12:23 AM
Hi, the only advantage that I have ever been aware of when hiring Neighbours is that the ploughing is cheaper. If you were getting extra products for hiring neighbours then I can only think that it was a glitch.

Rita's farm
Nov 05 2012, 07:11 AM
today i once again chose to hire others to work my 15 expanded farms. It seems no matter what i do or who i hire I end up with a person that is rude,today i was called stupid and my farm sucked. :mad: So I ask why do people have such rude attitudes?????

goofyshoes
Nov 05 2012, 08:54 AM
The best advice I can give is to ignore it. Folks are looking to get a rise out of you. If you find kind farmers that will come do the work and thank you for it, add them to your buddy list so you can hire them again; that is if they're in the marketplace.

Keep in mind there are a lot of juveniles playing the game, you can pick them out just by the way they act or ask to be hired. For example, plsssssssssss hireeeeeeeeeee meeeee.

I have had my share of rudeness over the last few years and trust me, just ignore them. If you encounter it on your farm, or in the marketplace, click on their avatar and click on ignore. If they are abusive, click their avatar and choose report.

Good luck.

merrymaid
Nov 05 2012, 11:03 AM
today i once again chose to hire others to work my 15 expanded farms. It seems no matter what i do or who i hire I end up with a person that is rude,today i was called stupid and my farm sucked. :mad: So I ask why do people have such rude attitudes?????

I quite agree, I don't often go to the market place now because of that reason, just because I don't have the' all tools' doesn't mean I can't work for people, there should be a way of tracing these very ignorant people and having them banned from playing the game, I have 16 farms and play mostly twice a day, have been playing several years now, love Farm Town! Keep playing Rita, don't let the nasty people win.:)

Angels Shangri-La
Nov 05 2012, 05:21 PM
This has been an issue for quite some time. If they are rude, click on their avatar and along with hire options there is a report button. Click it and add them to your blocked list.:)

Gregh
Nov 05 2012, 05:56 PM
If they are rude, click on their avatar and along with hire options there is a report button. Click it and add them to your blocked list

Indeed ... I saw one chap in the Market today bragging that when people hired him he would go to their farm and immediately leave and come back to the Market. Seemed to think it a clever lark. Well, I no longer see him. There is no danger that I will accidentally hire him in the future, or be hired by him. :)

Sandy Mae
Nov 06 2012, 11:22 AM
I try not to hire very often because of all the reasons I have read in this thread. I will not work for people who have layers of anything. And I do not like to fish when the water is layered. I put under my avatar no leyers and no fishing. And I leave messages when they do hire me with out paying attention. But my messages are always nice but firm. It seems to me that these are the people, kids that were not raised to understand what polite is. I will block them for a couple of weeks then unblock them to see if they have grown up yet. Hiring is hard enough when they only do half of what they were hired for to begin with. GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

KnightRider
Nov 06 2012, 01:05 PM
The best advice I can give is to ignore it. Folks are looking to get a rise out of you. If you find kind farmers that will come do the work and thank you for it, add them to your buddy list so you can hire them again; that is if they're in the marketplace.

Keep in mind there are a lot of juveniles playing the game, you can pick them out just by the way they act or ask to be hired. For example, plsssssssssss hireeeeeeeeeee meeeee.

I have had my share of rudeness over the last few years and trust me, just ignore them. If you encounter it on your farm, or in the marketplace, click on their avatar and click on ignore. If they are abusive, click their avatar and choose report.

Good luck.

If someone wants the extra crops from hiring at the marketplace I wouldn't add the good hires to your buddy list, but keep a written list so that you could look at the list when hiring from the marketplace, now if you don't worry about the extra crops then yes I would add them to your buddy list. I don't know if the extra crops is worth worrying about or not, I am into mostly decorating right now instead of worrying about my facilities. I agree with the rest of your post, some people are just rude, that is why I don't go to the marketplace, especially since I have some big tools to do my own.

Gregh
Nov 06 2012, 11:58 PM
If someone wants the extra crops from hiring at the marketplace I wouldn't add the good hires to your buddy list, but keep a written list so that you could look at the list when hiring from the marketplace, now if you don't worry about the extra crops then yes I would add them to your buddy list. I don't know if the extra crops is worth worrying about or not, I am into mostly decorating right now instead of worrying about my facilities. I agree with the rest of your post, some people are just rude, that is why I don't go to the marketplace, especially since I have some big tools to do my own.

I wonder if the bonus box may in some cases have the effect of making us reluctant to make buddies or neighbours out of good workers we come across. Most of my old neighbours were people I hired, liked, and eventually friended.

clbugger
Nov 07 2012, 12:13 PM
Sometime when I hired someone who stating they have all tools and finds out they lied, but how can I fired the player before it finished it off?

Tony D
Nov 07 2012, 06:19 PM
Sometime when I hired someone who stating they have all tools and finds out they lied, but how can I fired the player before it finished it off?Hi, I moved your post to
general feedback. There is no way to fire a worker, sorry.

anglnwhite
Nov 07 2012, 08:57 PM
I wonder if the bonus box may in some cases have the effect of making us reluctant to make buddies or neighbours out of good workers we come across. Most of my old neighbours were people I hired, liked, and eventually friended.

It's definitely made me regret that I recently added my favorite market workers as friends and neighbors. C'est la vie ....

Rita's farm
Nov 09 2012, 07:05 PM
thanks all for your responses, After I posted the person wanted to be friends and decided they where just joking,in saying that I really at that point didn't care and would not respond back to any thing they where saying.I have 16 farms also all expanded to the limit.I had read here where people where suggesting we hire to help newbies,i may have to stay a unfriendly farmer!!!

CynthiaSue
Nov 14 2012, 07:26 AM
I find it hard to find anyone who will shake my trees in the market. You need a shaker to do them, and more often than not, I end up with someone without a shaker. They never seem to know about the dimmer switch and the last one left my fruit farm a mess. I finished it up myself. Couldn't bring myself to end up with another person with out a shaker, or even hire someone to clean up that mess. The trees are relatively easy with a shaker and dimmer switch, but not without. I only started hiring them done because of the extra box and I could use more of some of the fruit. But, I am about to start doing it myself. I am wasting too much time trying to find someone to do them and then to have to redo them, it is way to big of a waste of time. There should be some sort of notification when hiring that tells you if they do or do not have the tool for the job. I don't mind hiring people without tools to harvest and plow. They normally do great, but my fruit trees are another matter. I don't want to hire anyone who does not have a shaker.

rodneycs
Nov 14 2012, 01:31 PM
Many people seem to be only interested in harvesting and do nothing else or I agree leave it in a mess so you spend more time going over things by yourself.But hiring someone when you have a 30 x30field and they have no tools takes them along tiime and they rarely finish it properly either.

CynthiaSue
Nov 14 2012, 08:46 PM
Many people seem to be only interested in harvesting and do nothing else or I agree leave it in a mess so you spend more time going over things by yourself.But hiring someone when you have a 30 x30field and they have no tools takes them along tiime and they rarely finish it properly either.

I don't have trouble most of the time when I hire someone to harvest and plow, though most of my fields are 24 by 24. Occasionally Ill have a worker leave without finishing. However, I have had people without tools do an entire layered field. I think alot of the people without tools are great workers, they just don't always know what they are getting into when they take a job, such as my tree farm, it is just too hard to do without tools. I would never hire someone to work it if I knew they didn't have tools, but if I took the time to make sure they had them, they would be hired by someone else. People are always grabbing up workers who volunteer for the job I am offering. I am just too slow sending out the request. I am not going to stop and ask questions.

KnightRider
Nov 14 2012, 10:45 PM
I don't have trouble most of the time when I hire someone to harvest and plow, though most of my fields are 24 by 24. Occasionally Ill have a worker leave without finishing. However, I have had people without tools do an entire layered field. I think alot of the people without tools are great workers, they just don't always know what they are getting into when they take a job, such as my tree farm, it is just too hard to do without tools. I would never hire someone to work it if I knew they didn't have tools, but if I took the time to make sure they had them, they would be hired by someone else. People are always grabbing up workers who volunteer for the job I am offering. I am just too slow sending out the request. I am not going to stop and ask questions.

I don't go to the market a lot, I usually do my farms myself, my farms are big, but I don't have just crops on them, but when I do I usually use this message in chat "I am looking for 1 person to harvest and plow an big overlapping field". Then when we get to the farm I ask if they want to do it themselves or if they need help and I tell them I am in no hurry and if they don't want to do the whole thing, no problem I will finish what they don't finish. Most of the time they work by themselves and they finish or get like 95% done.

CynthiaSue
Nov 16 2012, 12:49 PM
I don't go to the market a lot, I usually do my farms myself, my farms are big, but I don't have just crops on them, but when I do I usually use this message in chat "I am looking for 1 person to harvest and plow an big overlapping field". Then when we get to the farm I ask if they want to do it themselves or if they need help and I tell them I am in no hurry and if they don't want to do the whole thing, no problem I will finish what they don't finish. Most of the time they work by themselves and they finish or get like 95% done.

Now that you get an extra box for hiring someone from the marketplace, not a neighbor or buddy, to harvest, I just can't bring myself to shake my own trees. I don't have enough of some of the trees as it is, and can really use the extra fruit. I've never checked to make sure Im getting it, but assume I am since they said that is how it is now. I used to never hire my fruit trees done. I may go back to doing my own.

Leonielaj
Nov 17 2012, 06:18 AM
Does anyone know of a way to get back to a farm you've been hired to harvest and you get booted and your own farm reloads?

Taz D
Nov 17 2012, 09:22 AM
Does anyone know of a way to get back to a farm you've been hired to harvest and you get booted and your own farm reloads?
Unfortunately there isn't any way.

Amanda72
Nov 18 2012, 10:59 AM
As a hard worker with no tools, I get really frustrated when am hired with people who have tools. It's pretty soul destroying to harvest away only for someone with a plower or combine to just come along and do the lot in a nano second.
To me it's just rude, if I get to a farm and someone is working I go to the next one.

I will share but obviously with someone on a level pegging ie no tools.

CynthiaSue
Nov 18 2012, 10:34 PM
As a hard worker with no tools, I get really frustrated when am hired with people who have tools. It's pretty soul destroying to harvest away only for someone with a plower or combine to just come along and do the lot in a nano second.
To me it's just rude, if I get to a farm and someone is working I go to the next one.

I will share but obviously with someone on a level pegging ie no tools.

You could try putting "no tools" in your status bar with your name, or saying you have no tools when looking for work. I always hire people who I know have no tools to work my fields, and I only hire one at a time. I have seen others ask for workers who have no tools as well. I have even hired people without tools to do layers if they said they wanted to do them.

I totally understand your discouragement in having people with tools hog the area you are working in. I have had that happen myself, and silly as it may seem, it has left me feeling kind of down and discouraged. But to be fair, I have also had people with tools leave me the area I was working on at least. I rarely work on others farms now though. Even though this is just a game, people behaviors in game still encourage or discourage.

Berle
Nov 19 2012, 01:56 PM
Is it possible for anyone to work your farm (harvesting and plowing) without authorization from you?

Taz D
Nov 19 2012, 03:58 PM
Is it possible for anyone to work your farm (harvesting and plowing) without authorization from you?
No they cannot.

Berle
Nov 19 2012, 07:25 PM
No they cannot.

I probably should have asked it another way. Facebook does have hackers and I believe I was hacked last week. Can the prankster affect my Farm
Town?

Taz D
Nov 19 2012, 07:33 PM
I probably should have asked it another way. Facebook does have hackers and I believe I was hacked last week. Can the prankster affect my Farm
Town?
Only if they are logging into your account. Not sure why they would bother with harvesting and plowing your farms though. That usually is not what they are trying to do.

Berle
Nov 19 2012, 10:50 PM
Only if they are logging into your account. Not sure why they would bother with harvesting and plowing your farms though. That usually is not what they are trying to do.

There is something weird about the hack. It seems to be mischief. I have changed my passwords since the hack hit about 10 days ago both for Facebook and for my email account. I also am getting notification about logins. None have been from any except my two computers. Bothersome though. There is no one that has access to my computers. Facebook won't do anything about it unless it involves money. I hate to cancel my Facebook account and lose three and a half years on Farm Town.

If you google Facebook hacks, they give you many references on how to hack Facebook, few on solving your problem.

Thanks for your input.

Taz D
Nov 20 2012, 09:14 AM
There is something weird about the hack. It seems to be mischief. I have changed my passwords since the hack hit about 10 days ago both for Facebook and for my email account. I also am getting notification about logins. None have been from any except my two computers. Bothersome though. There is no one that has access to my computers. Facebook won't do anything about it unless it involves money. I hate to cancel my Facebook account and lose three and a half years on Farm Town.

If you google Facebook hacks, they give you many references on how to hack Facebook, few on solving your problem.

Thanks for your input.
Note down when you have logged in and see if any of the notifications are from times you have not been logging in.

Berle
Nov 20 2012, 09:27 AM
Note down when you have logged in and see if any of the notifications are from times you have not been logging in.

I know you are not a moderator but at least someone is listening. The notifications are not there except at the times I logged in.

This morning first thing I saw was a notation that Mrs. Farmer D harvested an oak tree and at least one farm is harvested.

I need someone to help.

Taz D
Nov 20 2012, 09:33 AM
I know you are not a moderator but at least someone is listening. The notifications are not there except at the times I logged in.

This morning first thing I saw was a notation that Mrs. Farmer D harvested an oak tree and at least one farm is harvested.

I need someone to help.
The only ones who can help would be Support. Try contacting them through this link:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings/support/
You will need to be patient as it can take a while for them to get back to you.
Is this notation under your farm or through email?

Docperk
Nov 20 2012, 09:47 AM

I need someone to help.

The only ones who can help would be Support. Try contacting them through this link:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings/support/
You will need to be patient as it can take a while for them to get back to you.
Is this notation under your farm or through email?

I would just like to add that sometimes their response may get delivered to your junk mailbox so keep an eye on that too.

Berle
Nov 20 2012, 10:35 AM
Through Email. I have been playing for so long, since February of 2009 and this is the first time anything this weird has happened to me.

Taz D
Nov 20 2012, 10:59 AM
Through Email. I have been playing for so long, since February of 2009 and this is the first time anything this weird has happened to me.
As Tiger asked you in the Help and Support section, have you sent out any of the Earn FC requests? This would explain why this is happening. To satisfy that request they would have to harvest first and then a second time work your facilities. If the request didn't work for them then they could come back multiple times trying to get it to work.

Berle
Nov 20 2012, 11:04 AM
No, I have not found any of those requests to earn FC. I believe that I might have hired a Mrs Farmer D to harvest quite a few days ago but can't be certain.

Taz D
Nov 20 2012, 11:11 AM
No, I have not found any of those requests to earn FC. I believe that I might have hired a Mrs Farmer D to harvest quite a few days ago but can't be certain.
The request would be in a banner across the top of your farm saying something like you can earn up to 30 Farm Cash.

Berle
Nov 20 2012, 01:25 PM
I haven't seen or used one in over a year so that is probably not the culprit. Mrs Farmer D is not one of my neighbors unless someone has changed their name. I will check my neighbors list.

crolsenx3
Nov 20 2012, 07:09 PM
I have that I have a combine solo, because my computer gets slow when there are too many people on one farm. I am not trying to be selfish, just trying to play the game without having my computer lock up. Don't have enough money right now for a new one!

Farmgirl_Su
Nov 30 2012, 03:17 AM
Anyone else finding that when hiring from the market .it is getting very very hard to find people who actually do the trees and flowers.
I fertilise all my farms so its double money. I dont have 'weird' set ups i hire Solo and yet i cannot get the people I hire to do trees & flowers ..they just leave them, grab the crops & go..
For the last few month I have to do trees and flowers myself 90% of the times. Are others finding this also ??:rolleyes:

Jean's Farm
Nov 30 2012, 05:49 AM
Anyone else finding that when hiring from the market .it is getting very very hard to find people who actually do the trees and flowers.
I fertilise all my farms so its double money. I dont have 'weird' set ups i hire Solo and yet i cannot get the people I hire to do trees & flowers ..they just leave them, grab the crops & go..
For the last few month I have to do trees and flowers myself 90% of the times. Are others finding this also ??:rolleyes:

I sometimes think it's a throw back to when the game first started. Trees gave us nothing or next to nothing and were not used for anything. People used them for decoration and would get LIVID if you harvested them.

If I hire someone for flowers and trees I make sure to tell them when we get to my farm. :)

mrschar
Nov 30 2012, 10:43 AM

I do not have tools for trees or flowers, so they are very difficult for me, if they are jammed together and there are farms full of them --the dimmer does help, but without the tools they are still difficult and time consuming. I have gone to hire someone for a field and gotten hired for EVERYTHING for all of their farms. This is overwhelming to me. I have sent messages to the person letting them know that I did not have the tools for them.
Every time I go to the marketplace, I see people advertising that they WANT to chop or do trees or flowers for someone. Maybe if you hire them for just those things. If they see the crops and ask about them, politely say that when they finish the trees and flowers that you will hire them for harvesting and planting. I would not be offended to be told that politely. If they just wanted the trees and flowers, you could hire another person for just harvesting and plowing. Good luck.
OH--have you tried this? Send out messages to your neighbors who are farming asking if one of them would like to do your trees and flowers. I have had great success doing this. And they are reputable.

jenny bunny
Dec 01 2012, 09:19 AM

I have that trouble too and when I ask people to harvest and plough, they only do a few squares or none at all then just dissappear.

I love doing solo jobs and would love to help out on your farm. Would you add me please.

Jenny

p.s. I will be editing my sig at the bottom so it shows my farm addresses.

CynthiaSue
Dec 06 2012, 07:29 AM
I rarely work in the marketplace. However, I often will look for someone who says they have "no tools" to do a field of acorn squash if I have one. Some people will say they have "no tools" and some people put in with their name. Either way I appreciate it, if I am looking for someone without tools to hire. I was thinking of recommending it to someone, but I really didn't know if people got hired more or less by saying they have "no tools". Anyone know if putting "no tools" with their name or saying "no tools" hurts their ability to get work?

Angel7
Dec 10 2012, 06:41 PM
Getting upset here - last 3 times I have been hired to fish there is nothing there to fish - I've gone to every farm and everything is at zero, which takes ALOT of time when they hired you for all 16 farms - they shouldn't be allowed to hire if there is nothing there.:mad:

Docperk
Dec 24 2012, 02:37 PM
My question is in the Market Place I frequently see someone pop in and out with a post of:
"sally: hire me pls! i use the ẹfarmẹr tool from w ww.e farmertool.com" I have see other names than sally but sally I think is the most frequent. They are gone so quickly I don't think it is actually anyone and they are getting hired. Is this just a bot or what?

Tony D
Dec 24 2012, 02:41 PM
My question is in the Market Place I frequently see someone pop in and out with a post of:
"sally: hire me pls! i use the ẹfarmẹr tool from w ww.e farmertool.com" I have see other names than sally but sally I think is the most frequent. They are gone so quickly I don't think it is actually anyone and they are getting hired. Is this just a bot or what?Hi, yes it is, the developers are aware of it and are trying to stop it. It is difficult because they keep changing the name and email address slightly.

iam1to
Dec 24 2012, 04:57 PM
"sally: hire me pls! i use the ẹfarmẹr tool from w ww.e farmertool.com" I have see other names than sally but sally I think is the most frequent. They are gone so quickly I don't think it is actually anyone and they are getting hired. Is this just a bot or what?

those people that post these are bots and that ******* tool thing is or could be a virus - dont try and use those tools

jenny bunny
Dec 25 2012, 12:33 PM
I have just been trying to get my farm town address so I can post it up here but all I am seeing is secure addresses; https://
How can I get my address so I can post it here?

Taz D
Dec 25 2012, 02:32 PM
I have just been trying to get my farm town address so I can post it up here but all I am seeing is secure addresses; https://
How can I get my address so I can post it here?
Go to the Farm Selector Manager (above the Quest) and click on the Copy Link button at the bottom. Then you can paste that link in a post in the forum.

GrampaII
Dec 25 2012, 02:50 PM

She is also know as Anna and it is a bot

jenny bunny
Dec 25 2012, 03:16 PM
Go to the Farm Selector Manager (above the Quest) and click on the Copy Link button at the bottom. Then you can paste that link in a post in the forum.

Could you please tell me where that is as I haven't got a clue!

Aussie Rae
Dec 25 2012, 03:53 PM
Could you please tell me where that is as I haven't got a clue!

its found in your tool box ....

Tony D
Dec 25 2012, 04:25 PM
Could you please tell me where that is as I haven't got a clue!Hi, this should be the link to your farm .. http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100001679020480&farm_ix=Y

jenny bunny
Dec 25 2012, 04:26 PM
its found in your tool box ....

Sorry, I still cant find it....

Aussie Rae
Dec 25 2012, 04:39 PM
Sorry, I still cant find it....

its under the image of the clock, its called Farm Selector Manager, in the left hand side of the tool box when you click on that...:)

jenny bunny
Dec 25 2012, 05:11 PM
its under the image of the clock, its called Farm Selector Manager, in the left hand side of the tool box when you click on that...:)

What clock? I've never seen a clock in farm town.
Any chance you could do a screenshot?

Gregh
Dec 25 2012, 05:24 PM
What clock? I've never seen a clock in farm town.
Any chance you could do a screenshot?

[Edited to move content to a PM. This thread is far enough off topic over this already.]

(And if you've read this far - I believe Tony D already posted your farm link at #1338 above.)

ggranmum
Dec 29 2012, 02:01 PM
PLEASE .... PLEASE!!!! Seperate the hiring of flowers and trees from crops.

PLEASE .... PLEASE !!! Make the hiring of flowers and trees by themselves.

CynthiaSue
Dec 30 2012, 06:28 PM
Please make the hiring process less time consuming. It is probably the biggest factor that is discouraging me from playing the game. It is so much faster to do it oneself, but it pays so much better to hire someone else. Begging for workers at teh marketplace, especially for shaking trees and fishing, takes way too much time.

PeepsPlace
Dec 30 2012, 06:54 PM
In my opinion, I think the solution for getting your trees harvested when hiring would be add some incentive. Give experience points for harvesting and chopping and watch how fast the problem corrects.
I hardly ever used neighbors or went to the market to hire because I have the tool to h/p and sow in one click. Then BONUS was added and I was getting a bonus also for hiring. That bonus, has stopped and I have quit going to market to look for ppl to work my farms. I can do it quicker myself.
I also have stopped looking for work at the market because I am not going to take 20 minutes waiting for my avatar to move around the screen to harvest a tree here and a tree there for a cpl little coins.

Scrappinmommyx4
Dec 30 2012, 07:05 PM
Has anyone else had problems with collecting the completed bonuses when hired? I have lost prob a million coins in bonus coins because it says the job is not completed, but I had done everything on the farm. Can anyone help me in what I am doing wrong?

Crystal84
Dec 30 2012, 07:58 PM
Has anyone else had problems with collecting the completed bonuses when hired? I have lost prob a million coins in bonus coins because it says the job is not completed, but I had done everything on the farm. Can anyone help me in what I am doing wrong?

I had this problem today! Im new and did everything I could possibly do but still lost all my coins because apparently I wasn't finished..?

daisy too
Dec 30 2012, 09:19 PM

Yes! the bonus feature does not seem to be working. I spend a lot of time looking for what I might have missed, I keep getting the message that I have to complete the job.
It would be great if the message told me WHAT had to be finished.

Angel7
Jan 11 2013, 03:56 PM
That's twice today that I have been hired to fish and when I got to the farm there is absolutely NOTHING to do. I think the new trend in the marketplace is to hire somebody to get them out of the marketplace and waste all their time going from farm to farm looking for something to do and then they get hired for other jobs you are waiting for. There are about 5 times the number of workers in the marketplace now as there are employers because of this new bonus thing. This guy hired me to harvest/plow and fish. I had changed my avatar name to "need to fish big oceans" so that I could get some of the big stuff. This guy did have big oceans but nothing in them - of course he had 9 farms full of 3x raspberries he wanted me to waste my time on. This is so irritating, it's pitiful - not fun anymore as people just don't treat other people nicely. :mad:

Gregh
Jan 11 2013, 04:06 PM
That's twice today that I have been hired to fish and when I got to the farm there is absolutely NOTHING to do. I think the new trend in the marketplace is to hire somebody to get them out of the marketplace and waste all their time going from farm to farm looking for something to do and then they get hired for other jobs you are waiting for. There are about 5 times the number of workers in the marketplace now as there are employers because of this new bonus thing. This guy hired me to harvest/plow and fish. I had changed my avatar name to "need to fish big oceans" so that I could get some of the big stuff. This guy did have big oceans but nothing in them - of course he had 9 farms full of 3x raspberries he wanted me to waste my time on. This is so irritating, it's pitiful - not fun anymore as people just don't treat other people nicely. :mad:

Actually based on what I read here his motivation was not to get you out of the MP so he could get hired, but rather to get his 9 farms of Raspberries harvested! :D

Look on the bright side - Raspberries are the fast food of harvesting, but at least with the Chest they now pay you double what they used to. Used to be people hired to harvest Raspberries would simply leave the farm in disgust and the farmer would have to harvest them himself. Now it's actually worth the effort and the fuel.

jeemersmom
Jan 13 2013, 05:57 PM
It would be very nice to set up what and where someone is being hired for before clicking on their avatar the first time. Often the good worker is gone before I get the job set up...don't want to click "all" because that results in the worker having to check all tools even if there is no work for some.

Taz D
Jan 13 2013, 05:59 PM
It would be very nice to set up what and where someone is being hired for before clicking on their avatar the first time. Often the good worker is gone before I get the job set up...don't want to click "all" because that results in the worker having to check all tools even if there is no work for some.
I usually go to the selling market and set it up using someone there, then click the X without actually sending the request. Then when I go to the hiring market it is all set up.

neetys
Jan 13 2013, 10:17 PM
I usually go to the selling market and set it up using someone there, then click the X without actually sending the request. Then when I go to the hiring market it is all set up.

I do that too but in the hiring market. The first thing I do when I arrive is change my status to pink (hire) and I wish everyone would do the same. It is frustrating not knowing who is there to hire and who wishes to work and if they want to work, what they are willing to do.

If I'm in a position to offer help I change my status to red (work) and add a short message next to my name like "flowers" or "will fish".

So easy.

Vivienne57
Jan 14 2013, 07:45 AM
Yes! the bonus feature does not seem to be working. I spend a lot of time looking for what I might have missed, I keep getting the message that I have to complete the job.
It would be great if the message told me WHAT had to be finished.

If you use the fade out button you'll be able to see what you have missed when you select a tool. So for instance if you are harvesting or chopping trees. When you have the fade out button activated and then click the on the tree tool only the crops for that tool will show. It's very useful :o)

Vivienne57
Jan 14 2013, 07:47 AM
My main complaint is trying to hire. Once you have clicked on someone to hire them only you should be able to. The times I have lost a worker even after I have clicked on them. Is there anyway you could fix this FT. I think once we have clicked on a person to hire them nobody else should be able to :o)

dnana
Jan 22 2013, 06:22 PM
PLEASE .... PLEASE!!!! Seperate the hiring of flowers and trees from crops.

PLEASE .... PLEASE !!! Make the hiring of flowers and trees by themselves.

I have been asking for this forever! I can't believe that the devs dont understand why keeping them combined is the wrong thing to do! It's deceptive to the newbies and it causes hires to leave your farm without doing your trees or flowers. H+P is the number one job people want in the market, and everywhere, how can they not be disappointed when they show up and no crops are there? Keeping them combined is pointless. We have separate buttons to do crops, why is this clunky thing still here???:confused:

wsbohannon
Jan 22 2013, 07:02 PM

YES!!! it's so frustrating! they go straight for the crops!! I am to the point where I don't waste my time going to the MP because it's so FRUSTRATING... I like trying to help out players but it's so much quicker and secure to just do it all myself.....:confused:

snow_angel
Jan 23 2013, 10:00 PM
YES!!! it's so frustrating! they go straight for the crops!! I am to the point where I don't waste my time going to the MP because it's so FRUSTRATING... I like trying to help out players but it's so much quicker and secure to just do it all myself.....:confused:

Now with the bonus when you hire someone to work your farm if you've also hired them to do the trees and flowers they wont get the bonus until everything is done

Aussie Rae
Jan 24 2013, 12:35 AM
well I am on the point of quitting the market place to hire people....so many have no idea at all..they don't know about the Dim Out Non Relevant Items for Tools, the bonus chest...and so many leave a few things undone, even in just harvest/plow that they miss out on the bonus...its so frustrating and I can have the work done myself in the time it takes to get a good worker...there are a few out there, but its hard to find them when needed....

CynthiaSue
Jan 24 2013, 04:58 PM
I have 2 rows of marigolds and pink roses down 2 sides of one farm. I was wondering if people really wanted to do flowers with only that many to do. Seems like too many for someone without tools and maybe a joke for someone with tools. What do people who do flowers like to do? And do they normally mind watering as well. Since I only have a few flowers I water them myself before hiring and they normally are fertilized unless I forget. Kind of trying to decide if I should get rid of the flowers, or plant more for people who like to do flowers. If I knew what people liked, I might go ahead and plant more so they would be worth coming to my farm to do.

Tiger
Jan 24 2013, 05:11 PM
I have 2 rows of marigolds and pink roses down 2 sides of one farm. I was wondering if people really wanted to do flowers with only that many to do. Seems like too many for someone without tools and maybe a joke for someone with tools. What do people who do flowers like to do? And do they normally mind watering as well. Since I only have a few flowers I water them myself before hiring and they normally are fertilized unless I forget. Kind of trying to decide if I should get rid of the flowers, or plant more for people who like to do flowers. If I knew what people liked, I might go ahead and plant more so they would be worth coming to my farm to do.

I think you should design your farm exactly as you want it :) Personally i do prefer flowers watered before being hired, they show up when the dim feature is used. As for how many flowers, it never bothers me how many or how few there are and yes i do have the tools.

spartan7886
Jan 25 2013, 02:47 PM

I've got about that many flowers. I just try to hire it out with something else.

lizabetta
Jan 26 2013, 07:59 PM
I have a question regarding accidentally getting thrown off a farm by inadvertently clicking on an ad that is on the right side of the screen.( more than once) I remember at one time you could 'Refresh' and get back on..but now there is no chance of that. Is there any way to get back to a farm when this happens? I feel so badly for the farmer who hires me since I can't let them know what has happend!

Daisy63
Jan 26 2013, 08:39 PM
Good stuff said on there. So many forget it's a game....I have been on the other end too, but I have learned.......I don't want to be like "them". :)

KnightRider
Jan 27 2013, 07:26 AM
I have a question regarding accidentally getting thrown off a farm by inadvertently clicking on an ad that is on the right side of the screen.( more than once) I remember at one time you could 'Refresh' and get back on..but now there is no chance of that. Is there any way to get back to a farm when this happens? I feel so badly for the farmer who hires me since I can't let them know what has happend!

I don't know if this will work but you can try to click on the back arrow on the browser and see if that takes you back to the farm that you was on.

EDIT: I just tried and went to someones farm from the forum and clicked on ads on the right side and 2 ads went to another facebook page and when I clicked on the back arrow it took me back to the same farm I was on, so as long as you don't close the browser it should work.

Tiger
Jan 27 2013, 12:05 PM
I don't know if this will work but you can try to click on the back arrow on the browser and see if that takes you back to the farm that you was on.

EDIT: I just tried and went to someones farm from the forum and clicked on ads on the right side and 2 ads went to another facebook page and when I clicked on the back arrow it took me back to the same farm I was on, so as long as you don't close the browser it should work.

No sorry that wont work. When you are hired the address in the browser bar does not change to a link of that farm. It would take you back to farm town if that was the last address used, but not the job you were hired for.

Once you've left the farm you were hired for the only way back to a job is for the farm owner to rehire you.

MartiS.
Jan 27 2013, 07:42 PM
If I am on someones buddy list and they hire me from the market do I still get the bonus?

KnightRider
Jan 27 2013, 07:51 PM
If I am on someones buddy list and they hire me from the market do I still get the bonus?

No, anyone that is a neighbor or buddy is not eligible for the bonus.

sueripper@gmail.com
Feb 04 2013, 02:08 AM
I have all of the tools and when I am hired with a new farmer without tools, I share the job but have found many who do not. This should be reportable and something should be done. Newbies get disgusted and quit the game because they do not get the jobs they need to advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

KnightRider
Feb 04 2013, 06:49 AM
I have all of the tools and when I am hired with a new farmer without tools, I share the job but have found many who do not. This should be reportable and something should be done. Newbies get disgusted and quit the game because they do not get the jobs they need to advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

That should go into suggestions section, instead of general feedback so that the dev's can see it.

nijntje
Feb 05 2013, 07:19 AM

Sometimes I miss the "old market" where you could be hired and had a sea of time to do the job you where asked to do.
A while ago I left (as usual) a half farm to a starter and did the other farms. As always I send a "ty for the job" in message before leaving. Got a furious yelling response back because I did not finish the first farm :eek:. Nowadays FT is too slow to load farms, so I do no longer go back to see if all is done.
On the market there are all kind of people.
I continue to leave half or whole farms to jobstarters and hire always starters on my smallest farm although 9/10 I have to do "the rest". You can only change yourself.
Mieke

snow_angel
Feb 05 2013, 11:49 AM
I also will leave a farm and go work on another one if someone else is working on it. Otherwise the only time I will leave a farm unfinished is if it is a farm that has been layered both across and down. They take forever to load and to harvest and plow. They're just not worth the headache.

ady0914
Feb 07 2013, 11:53 AM
yesterday i hired one i guess who was none of the buddy,friend, or neighbor and he just kept whing about moving stuff( flowers) so he could fish easier, saying that i was trying to cheat him out of his bonus, and further more he would not get paid anything for all the work he had already done, unless i moved stuff to his liking, and finally after he got his "bonus" he informed me that i should come over to his farm to work so he could tutor me on how to set up my farm so it would be more to his liking...puleeze

ady0914
Feb 07 2013, 12:01 PM
i just bought the 3x3 tools and started doing my own flowers, trees, chopping and fishing. also bought the harvester, bigger plow, and seeder...its surprizing how much time i saved from not standing in the market trying vainly to get somebody to even agree to work....let alone finish the job...didnt even have to spend 20-30 minutes going to each farm to check to see if work was done...i already KNEW it was!!

snow_angel
Feb 08 2013, 06:26 AM
yesterday i hired one i guess who was none of the buddy,friend, or neighbor and he just kept whing about moving stuff( flowers) so he could fish easier, saying that i was trying to cheat him out of his bonus, and further more he would not get paid anything for all the work he had already done, unless i moved stuff to his liking, and finally after he got his "bonus" he informed me that i should come over to his farm to work so he could tutor me on how to set up my farm so it would be more to his liking...puleeze

I would've asked him why he didn't just use the dim feature

Jean's Farm
Feb 08 2013, 08:10 AM

I would've asked him why he didn't just use the dim feature

I would have too....that is the best thing they ever gave us. It dims everything except what you are harvesting. But you do need to have the tools to go with it!!! I NEVER hide anything anymore!!!!

This is when we need the fire button!!! :D

dnana
Feb 08 2013, 11:28 AM
I would have too....that is the best thing they ever gave us. It dims everything except what you are harvesting. But you do need to have the tools to go with it!!! I NEVER hide anything anymore!!!!

This is when we need the fire button!!! :D

Using the HIDE portion of the dimmer switch is the best thing ever!!!!

dnana
Feb 08 2013, 11:34 AM
Sometimes I miss the "old market" where you could be hired and had a sea of time to do the job you where asked to do.
A while ago I left (as usual) a half farm to a starter and did the other farms. As always I send a "ty for the job" in message before leaving. Got a furious yelling response back because I did not finish the first farm :eek:. Nowadays FT is too slow to load farms, so I do no longer go back to see if all is done.
On the market there are all kind of people.
I continue to leave half or whole farms to jobstarters and hire always starters on my smallest farm although 9/10 I have to do "the rest". You can only change yourself.
Mieke

I do this, too, but I go to the last farm and work my way back towards the one I saw the noob on and I only stop when I see there's no work left on any farm. I get most of the work and bonus boxes and I don't feel bad because most likely the noob will have given up before they even get half-way thru some of these farms and I'm probably keeping crops from going bad. if I have to overlap the noob at the end, oh well. I was hired for a job, my loyalty is to the boss, so I make sure ALL the work is done before I leave. :p

beckycoats
Feb 08 2013, 01:15 PM
I agree with many of you. I have all the tools, including a turbo boat, combine, the works. When I am hired and there are other workers struggling along, obvious newbies, I start at the last farm and work my way up. As stated before, it helps prevent crops from going to waste, and I know my "boss" is getting his/her stores filled up with goodies for facilities or to sell. I leave work for newbies so they can get xp's and harvests. We all started this game ignorant and in need of time and experience, and I want newbies to learn as much as they can so they can get the pleasure I do out of the game, and to stick with it like many of us have over the years. I LOVE the dimmer option. I do it so it totally hides what isn't needed to be worked on, then I know when I'm done. Clicking on the bonus also lets you know when you've got it all, a great feature.

Regarding hiring for my own farms: I still haven't figured out the best method of getting all jobs on all farms done 100% of the time other than doing it myself. Many newbies are intimidated by the size of my farms and the level of work needed. Some folks are either greedy or just don't have all the tools so they leave what they don't want or can't quickly do. I wish they would message me, or not take the job, but that just doesn't happen. People are, first and foremost, pretty self-oriented and harvest what they want, leave what they don't, and there's no guarantee unless you hire someone you already know who has reliably worked for you in the past. Of course, and somewhat aggravating, there are no bonuses for working for neighbors/ buddies. That should be changed. Devotion and dedication should be rewarded, and going through the effort over a period of time to develop FT friendships should result in some benefit.

Overall, the turn of the game is general improvement, though. I like how the upgrades do tend to make the game better and better. They must, MUST, separate crops from trees and flowers soon. That is a drag for the greedy ones who leave trees and flowers.... It forces us to only hire for trees and flowers either as a multihire or when the crops are not ready. An inconvenience, and not a huge one, but a bother nonetheless.

I find, too, that clear communication at the time of being hired or when hiring helps a lot. Most people on FT are polite and understanding and want to please. It's just a few bad eggs that make it hard at times.

Happy farming, all!

Becky

ScottD198
Feb 08 2013, 04:26 PM
Becky-You would work well with our group of players. Please request me as a friend to get started with us. We have 150 or so members who are active. My email is a.scott.dean@ gmail.com and my name is a. scott dean, tolland, CT.

Biggest problem we have is people coming in to harvest/plow and skip the trees et cetera. This type of behavior has caused me to do my won with the big tools. However I do like to help the less fortunate.

snow_angel
Feb 08 2013, 06:52 PM
I do this, too, but I go to the last farm and work my way back towards the one I saw the noob on and I only stop when I see there's no work left on any farm. I get most of the work and bonus boxes and I don't feel bad because most likely the noob will have given up before they even get half-way thru some of these farms and I'm probably keeping crops from going bad. if I have to overlap the noob at the end, oh well. I was hired for a job, my loyalty is to the boss, so I make sure ALL the work is done before I leave. :p

I do this too and quite often I've found the noob has only harvested and plowed but left all the trees, flowers and fishing. I will still end up with a good bonus. Do these people not know about the bonuses. Unless everything is done they're not going to get it.

FreeSpirit 13
Feb 11 2013, 06:19 PM
I have hired workers from market and the ones who want to work solo, not one has ever once finished the 17 farms, I think they are daunted by the many farms to do, should I tell them at the market before I hire them?

Aussie Rae
Feb 11 2013, 09:20 PM
I have hired workers from market and the ones who want to work solo, not one has ever once finished the 17 farms, I think they are daunted by the many farms to do, should I tell them at the market before I hire them?

its much easier to split the work between a few workers, that way you don't wear one person out especially if they don't have the big tools or a fast computer.....and not all workers who say they can do the work actually can!!! I have hired people who say they can do the work, then returned to find out they don't have a combine at all are leave half the farm undone because its so hard to harvest and then plow big farms...and there are still people out there who do not realise they have to actually finish all the work and click on the bonus chest to claim the reward...some seem to think they get it automatically....If I go to market for work, I only do harvest and plow due to the number of farmers who have trees and flowers planted haphazardly all over their farms...makes it impossible to work with big tools..and takes too much time as well...just not worth it to me...much prefer the bigger farms with 9x and 3x fields..can do those in a flash..compared to the decorated farms, lol

Tony D
Feb 12 2013, 01:41 AM
I have hired workers from market and the ones who want to work solo, not one has ever once finished the 17 farms, I think they are daunted by the many farms to do, should I tell them at the market before I hire them?Hi, I moved your post to general feedback.

sueripper@gmail.com
Feb 12 2013, 05:44 AM
I say fish and flowers only because I have worked one too many jobs where I was working with a new farmer and met them after I had done most of the farms because I have all the big tools. I now just say fish and flowers because most of the new farmers want H&P jobs so they can level up and I do not want to take work from them. ;)

dnana
Feb 12 2013, 07:34 PM
I say fish and flowers only because I have worked one too many jobs where I was working with a new farmer and met them after I had done most of the farms because I have all the big tools. I now just say fish and flowers because most of the new farmers want H&P jobs so they can level up and I do not want to take work from them. ;)

I love doing that!! I need flowers so bad, even with only 2 flowers shops, and the turbo boat is totally awesome, so I take the jobs no one else wants and work all the time! it's great! :p

dnana
Feb 12 2013, 07:39 PM
I do this too and quite often I've found the noob has only harvested and plowed but left all the trees, flowers and fishing. I will still end up with a good bonus. Do these people not know about the bonuses. Unless everything is done they're not going to get it.

I think a lot of people just don't care about the bonuses. They want to get what they want and hang the rest. ;)

ggranmum
Feb 13 2013, 05:51 PM
I would like to see the hiring process seperate the crops from the flowers and trees. Hire for flowers and trees only. There is already a hiring for the crops. It is not fun to go to a farm and leave thinking there are crops and it is all trees or flowers. I will do them if there are crops but not if there are none. jmo. Hope that will be a new feature soon.

sueripper@gmail.com
Feb 14 2013, 10:15 AM
I am with you - everything that can be worked should be separate. I too have gone to a farm where I expected crops and only had trees.

rodneycs
Feb 20 2013, 09:53 AM
I would like to see the hiring process seperate the crops from the flowers and trees. Hire for flowers and trees only. There is already a hiring for the crops. It is not fun to go to a farm and leave thinking there are crops and it is all trees or flowers. I will do them if there are crops but not if there are none. jmo. Hope that will be a new feature soon.

I completely agree. So often people leave flowers and trees and have just spent acouple of hours going over what people were supposed to have done.You hire people again and again and they do not do the flowers or the trees.:mad:

sread32
Feb 22 2013, 10:03 PM
I'm trying to hire my neighbors to earn more farmtown cash help me by sending me the link. plz

Taz D
Feb 22 2013, 10:05 PM
I'm trying to hire my neighbors to earn more farmtown cash help me by sending me the link. plz
There is not a link that can be sent. It has to show up at the top of your farm. It shows randomly but only if you have not already used it for the 30 FC. If you have then it will never show up again. It was a one time deal.

katupatree
Feb 24 2013, 10:46 AM
I don't like the bonus system. I just finished chopping and when I went to collect the bonus, it said it had expired . . . really?!? It's bad enough that I forget to collect it half the time. I was hired with another player that was chopping one by one. So politely I only chopped half the trees. Then I realized I was going to have to wait for that other player to finish their share before I could collect because you can't collect until the job is done. Then I realized the other farmer left while I was chopping my half, so I finished the job and then it said the bonus had expired. If you do the job you are hired for, you should automatically get a bonus.

daisy too
Mar 09 2013, 12:02 PM
Twice recently I hired someone from the marketplace to harvest and plow. When I went back to check the farms, they "plowed" a design onto my farm - one was a face, I have no idea what the other was supposed to be.
So i had to go back and plow the empty spaces. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

What I have noticed, is a preponderance of people at the marketplace wanting to work, saying - "solo only, no fishing, no trees, no flowers". yeah - I'm not hiring you.

rodneycs
Mar 09 2013, 01:23 PM
I don't like the bonus system. I just finished chopping and when I went to collect the bonus, it said it had expired . . . really?!? It's bad enough that I forget to collect it half the time. I was hired with another player that was chopping one by one. So politely I only chopped half the trees. Then I realized I was going to have to wait for that other player to finish their share before I could collect because you can't collect until the job is done. Then I realized the other farmer left while I was chopping my half, so I finished the job and then it said the bonus had expired. If you do the job you are hired for, you should automatically get a bonus.

I thought the bonus came automatically. You have to collect it and if so from where.

Tiger
Mar 09 2013, 01:32 PM
I thought the bonus came automatically. You have to collect it and if so from where.

Hi,

they are talking about the Job Completion Bonus. It's what you get when you a hired by a stranger from market. Once you start the job on that persons farm a chest icon will appear underneath the fuel icon top left of your game screen. Once you have completed all the jobs on one farm you click on the chest to claim your bonus, before you move on to the next farm.

rodneycs
Mar 09 2013, 01:59 PM
Hi,

they are talking about the Job Completion Bonus. It's what you get when you a hired by a stranger from market. Once you start the job on that persons farm a chest icon will appear underneath the fuel icon top left of your game screen. Once you have completed all the jobs on one farm you click on the chest to claim your bonus, before you move on to the next farm.

That means I have never got any bonuses then. I had assumed they came automatically. I have never clicked on anything and just always when completing one farm moved on to the next farm to help.

Aussie Rae
Mar 09 2013, 02:42 PM
Twice recently I hired someone from the marketplace to harvest and plow. When I went back to check the farms, they "plowed" a design onto my farm - one was a face, I have no idea what the other was supposed to be.
So i had to go back and plow the empty spaces. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

What I have noticed, is a preponderance of people at the marketplace wanting to work, saying - "solo only, no fishing, no trees, no flowers". yeah - I'm not hiring you.

people have "solo only, no fishing, no trees, no flowers". so they don't get hired to do work they don't have the tools to finish the job with.....they cannot claim the bonus chest if all the work hired for is not done....and if you have more than one farmer working on a farm, the bonus is messed up and no one gets it...

Aussie Rae
Mar 09 2013, 02:46 PM
quite frankly I am getting very tired of hiring workers who refuse to listen when told to tick HIDDEN in the Dim Out Non-Relevant Items for Tools in preferences so they won't miss anything...twice I have had fishermen using a Turbo Boat miss some of mine..its all on the same farm...and they have lost the bonus....some also miss whole groups of trees..not just the odd one....I think they try to work too fast and the tools actually miss these things...if only they would listen! I give up!! wish that neighbours could get the bonus, at least that way I could get some good workers...well thats my gripe for today, hehehe...lol

daisy too
Mar 09 2013, 04:19 PM
people have "solo only, no fishing, no trees, no flowers". so they don't get hired to do work they don't have the tools to finish the job with.....they cannot claim the bonus chest if all the work hired for is not done....and if you have more than one farmer working on a farm, the bonus is messed up and no one gets it...

But EVERYONE has tools to harvest a few trees or flowers. I get that someone might not want to do an entire farm of something if they have to do it one by one. Most of my farms with crops have at least a row of trees or a flower bed. If workers say "No trees or flowers" - they won't finish the job, so I don't hire them.

wsbohannon
Mar 09 2013, 06:04 PM

Daisy i've never had anyone do the designs on my farm but i get really sick and tired of all the 'demands' people make at the MP!! Just like you stated. I refuse to hire anyone with the word "SOLO" as their name. I've even seen some saying they only want LARGE layered farms to work solo!!! Pretty pathetic!! and disgusting.

wsbohannon
Mar 09 2013, 06:08 PM

i FOUND that happening to me also so I no longer hire a worker for more than 2-3 farms at a time.

wsbohannon
Mar 09 2013, 06:10 PM

I have no problem with someone asking for a specific job. I figure they may not have tools to do other things.. i just really get annoyed with people who say "SOLO".....

Jean's Farm
Mar 10 2013, 07:47 AM
Daisy i've never had anyone do the designs on my farm but i get really sick and tired of all the 'demands' people make at the MP!! Just like you stated. I refuse to hire anyone with the word "SOLO" as their name. I've even seen some saying they only want LARGE layered farms to work solo!!! Pretty pathetic!! and disgusting.

WHEN I go to the MP to work....I always change the color in my name and put "all tools...solo plz." I say solo because I can not count the number of times I have been hired only to get to the first farm to find there are already 5 people there fighting for the work. And the work is almost done. If you have 5 farms that you need done.....hire 5 different people!!! One for each farm.

But then there are always people who like to mess with others on here. :(

daisy too
Mar 10 2013, 12:52 PM
I get that Jean - but conversely, I can't count the number of times I've hired someone for a 'solo' job, and they don't complete it. If I don't have time to check (Ahem, I'm supposed to be working), I always hire two people, to ensure the job gets done.

daisy too
Mar 19 2013, 09:53 AM
Ok - here's a new one.
I hire at the marketplace a lot. When I'm not in a hurry, I often hire some people who have "no tools" , to help newer players level up. I hire a few, to make sure all the work gets done.
So today I hired 3 or 4 workers.
One worker I hired said "no tools, just hands" - She had a combine, and took all the work from the other workers, finishing off all the farms in a minute. I felt bad for the other workers who were trying to get some work.
It seems that advertising "no tools" in the MP when you have a combine is just mean.

Farmer Rie
Mar 19 2013, 10:00 AM
Ok - here's a new one.
I hire at the marketplace a lot. When I'm not in a hurry, I often hire some people who have "no tools" , to help newer players level up. I hire a few, to make sure all the work gets done.
One worker I hired said "no tools, just hands" - She had a combine, and took all the work from the other workers, finishing off all the farms in a minute. I felt bad for the other workers who were trying to get some work.
It seems that advertising "no tools" in the MP when you have a combine is just mean.

I so 100% agree with you. :)

i too agree, Why when we purchase an updated tool that we can not sell it back at a reduced $$ rate or trade it in against the new one, or even sell it onto friends at a reduced rate. Come on you've made a packet out of us $$$$ paying players give us something back. Reduce the cost of the $$$ items and make it more fair for others. The game is now a 2 sided gsmes thos that have and those thst have not the tools/facilities. When i work on a farm and theres someone with me with no tools i always leave them approx 1/2 of the goodies, but in doing so i can not claim the bonus, so i loose out big time, try making it when some one hires more then 1 person that only the tools can b used to the minimal of the tools that the poorest (for want of a better term of phrase) player has, that or make it that if they hire more then 1 player the other players they have can only be hired to the same level of equipment. Make it fairer for those who like us are not daft enough to spend precious money on buying $$$$.

Orx
Mar 19 2013, 10:04 AM
I ask to work solo. I have all the tools and think it is unfair to be working with someone without tools. I have worked half a farm and then had a farmer without tools appear. If I leave the farm I loose my share of the bonus. I have waited for the other farmer to complete their share and find after waiting for some considerable time find the other farmer disappears without finishing their share so I have to finish off having wasted a lot of time. If hired for several farms will go to another only to find after I have started the same thing happens!

Farmer Rie
Mar 19 2013, 10:06 AM

i too don't hire anyone thats picky as to what they will or won't do, if we all took this stance, then no one would get their fishing, trees or flowers done and we'd all have to do those jobs ourselves, YET, those same people who refuse then go on to hire people and expect them to do there farms, no justice there is there. Make the game more equal. x

mrschar
Mar 19 2013, 10:14 AM
I have had the same problem as daisy too. I asked for someone with "No Tools." I had a field that was large, but not overlapped. Easy enough for no tools and beginners need XP. One farmer replied "me, me." I hired her and she had a big combine. Clicked on her. Level 400. That was rude taking work away from someone who needed XP.

We need a way to fire someone, sending them back to their farm or back to the marketplace, with no way to get back to your farm!

CynthiaSue
Mar 19 2013, 10:17 AM
I don't see any problem with people saying solo work only. I normally only hire one person per job, per farm at a time anyway. If they don't have tools, I will often ask them if they want help. As a rule they don't. If I come back later and the job isn't done, I hire another. It really is no big deal to me. I normally hire people with tools to do any short term crops anyway. I wish every one would say what they want to do in the market, so I can hire accordingly. I want to hire them for what they want to do. The only one I don't like that I can think of is people who say "acorn squash only" I don't normally hire them for anything. I figure why should some people get all the big cash crops.

Emily Murphy
Mar 19 2013, 11:00 AM
Suggestion: We should be able to "unhire" people when we see things like that happening.

ady0914
Mar 19 2013, 11:09 AM
wow your markets must be way more populated than mine! i am lucky to find one worker, it would take all day to round up 3-4 workers,lol. i never hire more than one for my jobs and just hope they pay attention to the fact that more than one farm is checked ...and of course i never hire picky workers at all...if they arent willing to do every task that needs doing, then let them stand around doing nothing. i spent all my farm cash on things other than tools, like 2 fertilizer trucks, bait farm, sprinklers to make it more profitable for workers who hire out to me, i grouped all my trees and flowers for tool use just for them, and bought extra barns for all the animals so none run free, caz workers complained that it slowed down their game, deleted the stacked plowing caz they complained about that...in short am getting just a bit peeved that so many workers seem to have the notion that they control my farm...the latest complaint seems to be that i have trees over plowed ground or buildings on plowed ground...come on, thats what the wrench icon is for...hide them if they are in the way!
anyway what i would like to see is a notice on the hire invitation that says 7 farms or 14 farms (however many is checked off) so they dont do one farm and leave.

rodneycs
Mar 19 2013, 11:16 AM
wow your markets must be way more populated than mine! i am lucky to find one worker, it would take all day to round up 3-4 workers,lol. i never hire more than one for my jobs and just hope they pay attention to the fact that more than one farm is checked ...and of course i never hire picky workers at all...if they arent willing to do every task that needs doing, then let them stand around doing nothing. i spent all my farm cash on things other than tools, like 2 fertilizer trucks, bait farm, sprinklers to make it more profitable for workers who hire out to me, i grouped all my trees and flowers for tool use just for them, and bought extra barns for all the animals so none run free, caz workers complained that it slowed down their game, deleted the stacked plowing caz they complained about that...in short am getting just a bit peeved that so many workers seem to have the notion that they control my farm...the latest complaint seems to be that i have trees over plowed ground or buildings on plowed ground...come on, thats what the wrench icon is for...hide them if they are in the way!
anyway what i would like to see is a notice on the hire invitation that says 7 farms or 14 farms (however many is checked off) so they dont do one farm and leave.

Mornings in Europe there is almost no one to hire in the market place and often you have to do things your self. Afternoons & evenings there are more but often you ghave to refresh or reload the page in order to find workers.

CynthiaSue
Mar 19 2013, 11:25 AM

This is kind of hard of some players to have to be able to do it all. I myself have the shaker and chopper, so that is all I ever offer to do in the marketplace. I can't afford all the big tools and wouldn't have time to do all the harvesting and plowing people need done. Some people are just being nice taking the fishing and chopping jobs, etc... and leaving the harvesting and plowing to players who have the tools for such.

I can't even remember getting a complaint on my farms. I did ask someone once and they said that one of my farms was hard to load, and there was just trees and buildings on that farm, no stacking etc and it was 24 by 24 in size. I did move some buildings, but that was my choice.

I hire people for what they want to do. I tell them in advance, i.e, anyone want layered rice? I have had people without tools take jobs like that and finish the work. I have offered to shake trees only and had people hire me to harvest crops and shake on LOTS of farms. The worker is not always at fault. I do send them a message and let them know I do not have the time to harvest crops on multiple farms. I rarely work on peoples farms. You offer to do a job and they try to hire you for jobs you can't do cause you don't have the tools and you have no idea when you are taking the job if you are being hired to harvest a little, something I could handle, or harvest crops on all of their farms. I think anyone is worthy of a job even if they can't "do it all". Not all of us can put that kind of money into this game. Some of us opt to uses our farmcash for loaders or other items and some of us started the game way before facilities and tools and blew some of our valued farmcash on items we wish we hadn't and wouldn't of had we known what was coming.

clogger
Mar 19 2013, 11:45 AM
I think our needs from workers depends on our goals. My goal is to get the farmwork done.

For my farms that are flowers only, I look for someon who specifies they want flowers. For ones that are trees only, I prefer to hire people who says they want trees. That way they are getting what they want. And they are more likely to finish all the job, which is what I want. It is win - win.

For other farms which have a variety of jobs, the non-picky workers are great. I assume they are willing to do lots of jobs.

If the farm is stacked with lots of stuff, I realize that I may have to do my own harvestng. I made it complicated, so I am willing to deal with it.

I don't hire people to do a large number of fams. I know everyone has a limited time to play the game. If I hire them to do too much, they will quit and I won't achieve my goal of getting the work done.

goofyshoes
Mar 19 2013, 02:02 PM
unsure if this is even in the right spot but that "sally" chick(?) is annoying with constant posting in the marketplace in regard to that e farmer tool you can't ignore or report. It seems like "sally" left for a bit but she'ssssssssssss baaaaaaack.. Just annoying is all.

Taz D
Mar 19 2013, 02:31 PM
unsure if this is even in the right spot but that "sally" chick(?) is annoying with constant posting in the marketplace in regard to that e farmer tool you can't ignore or report. It seems like "sally" left for a bit but she'ssssssssssss baaaaaaack.. Just annoying is all.
They have tried to find and get rid of that one, but have not been successful yet as far as I know.

Tony D
Mar 19 2013, 03:39 PM
unsure if this is even in the right spot but that "sally" chick(?) is annoying with constant posting in the marketplace in regard to that e farmer tool you can't ignore or report. It seems like "sally" left for a bit but she'ssssssssssss baaaaaaack.. Just annoying is all.Hi, just to clarify this a bit , what that company does is Spam with a whole host of Avatars with the same name and message. All players can do is keep trying to click on them and report them. The developers are aware of them and have tried a few things to stop them.

goofyshoes
Mar 19 2013, 08:27 PM
Hi, just to clarify this a bit , what that company does is Spam with a whole host of Avatars with the same name and message. All players can do is keep trying to click on them and report them. The developers are aware of them and have tried a few things to stop them.

Thanks Tony & Taz. I've tried to ignore and report...almost as if they have an internal way to stop that...or it seems...:rolleyes:

CynthiaSue
Mar 23 2013, 07:53 AM
I think the hiring process is probably the most time consuming part of the game for me. Finding someone willing to do trees, etc. is sometimes nearly impossible. If they could come up with a way to match employer with employee better, it would really help.

sread32
Mar 23 2013, 11:12 AM
I'm willing to chop any kind of trees if you want we can figure out how to schedule a meeting at the marketplace. I have over 250,000 fuel and need to get rid of it. Large or small farms is great. The more farms I do the better it is.

Scooterbratt
Mar 23 2013, 05:40 PM
I have a different type of question about hiring for someone to answer. I am at the highest level and sometimes will go into the work area to get some work. My comment is for the multi-hire farmers. I get hired, for example, to work a farm. I get to the farm and there are other farmers. I don't have a problem with that at all. Because I am at a higher level and want to see other lower level farmers get leveled up as well, I try to let them do the harvesting as much as possible. I popped into this forum because I'm have a little issue and was looking for a thread and saw this one. I never want to make the owner of the farm mad or anything, but for me it's to help the other employees and not make the owner of the farm upset. Question though, when hiring multiple people, how does the bonus come into play? Does all the farmers get it, or no one? My biggest issue as the "employer" is that people will come in and do half a job and leave. I go in to plant and the job is not done. I personally have spent 4 hours on a farm on one occasion just to finish a job I was hired for. I have gotten to the point that I don't even bother hiring people anymore.

Scooterbratt
Mar 23 2013, 05:44 PM
I've been having some fun, with the hiring process. I now present an employment 'test'. I begin by announcing that I've got crops ready for harvesting, then plots to plow:

Greetings, Farmers. I have 2 farms; I need two employees for harvesting and plowing.

Then, I remind players that they have a very useful 'tool' available to them:

But I present an employment test. Those who do not wish to participate, please click my avatar, and select 'ignore'.

I then remind the marketplace of the 'reward' for participating:

First two correct answers will be offered the employment, both harvesting and plowing

Then, I present my 'test'. The test varies, and is based on the crop that is ready. For example, overnight I usually plant squash. My 'squash' test is a riddle:

Test: Riddle: Which FarmTown crop would be best, for killing a cockroach?

When the crop is grapes and wheat, the question is based on wine and bread, taken from the Fitzgerald translation of the Rubiayat of Omar Khayyam:

Test: Fill in the blanks: "A _ _ _ of _ _ _ _, a _ _ _ _ of _ _ _ _ _, and thou beside me, singing in the wilderness; and wilderness is paradise, now ..."

If the crop is only grapes, the 'test' is simple math -

The test: My farms yield 525 dry quarts of grapes. There are 105 dry quarts in every barrel. Each barrel yields 2 gallons of wine. How many gallons will my farms yield?

Sometimes, with grapes, the test is on American Literature:

Test: Who is the author of 'The Cask of the Amontillado'?

If the pomegranate trees are ready to pick, the test question is based on Greek Mythology:

Test: What fruit did Persephone consume, when she was being held captive by Hades in his Underworld Kingdom?

I've had great fun with some of the answers. When I get any 'irritated' players complaining that they did not 'come here to be in school', I just gently remind them that this is a game, and the developers of the game provided them with a wonderful tool, called the IGNORE button - and I recommend they employ that tool, posthaste! lol!

The hired hands are always thanked, when they arrive on the farm, for their participation in the employment test, and the usual result of the test is to stimulate a conversation with fellow FT players. I've met some very interesting people, via the 'test' and this game.

I wonder, does anyone else have any interesting ways to hire employees?

I love the idea

Scooterbratt
Mar 23 2013, 06:07 PM
I need to rant...sorry!

I am fed up with...people who come to harvest and don't read instructions given to them....I have a lot of crops under the trees etc....I ask for them to turn the trees off...send them personal messages...send them notes...almost always totally ignored....IT DRIVES ME MAD...I even stipulate what is needed when I hire them, and ask them to ask for work by my name...just to make sure they can read and understand....still ignored.

Then on the other hand....I hate going to work for other farmers who hire a number of workers...who end up falling over one another and getting very little for the pleasure.

Sorry folks ...Rant over

It took me awhile to find out how to do the tree, building hiding thing. Now I love it

Violet Blooms
Mar 23 2013, 08:14 PM
It would be great if additional messages could be added similar to the current status choices - these would indicate the specific job(s) wanted; the amount of time available/required to complete the job - maybe the market could be divided into quadrants according to job wanted?

rodneycs
Mar 23 2013, 10:15 PM
I think the hiring process is probably the most time consuming part of the game for me. Finding someone willing to do trees, etc. is sometimes nearly impossible. If they could come up with a way to match employer with employee better, it would really help.
I agree getting someone to do anything other than harvest crops is very difficult. You often have to hire multiple people to get even a littlebit donebut with the new categories maybe this will be easier.

loveko2
Mar 24 2013, 12:18 AM
I have a different type of question about hiring for someone to answer. I am at the highest level and sometimes will go into the work area to get some work. My comment is for the multi-hire farmers. I get hired, for example, to work a farm. I get to the farm and there are other farmers. I don't have a problem with that at all. Because I am at a higher level and want to see other lower level farmers get leveled up as well, I try to let them do the harvesting as much as possible. I popped into this forum because I'm have a little issue and was looking for a thread and saw this one. I never want to make the owner of the farm mad or anything, but for me it's to help the other employees and not make the owner of the farm upset. Question though, when hiring multiple people, how does the bonus come into play? Does all the farmers get it, or no one? My biggest issue as the "employer" is that people will come in and do half a job and leave. I go in to plant and the job is not done. I personally have spent 4 hours on a farm on one occasion just to finish a job I was hired for. I have gotten to the point that I don't even bother hiring people anymore.
there is no bonus to an unfinished job.

daisy too
Mar 24 2013, 02:12 AM
Question though, when hiring multiple people, how does the bonus come into play? Does all the farmers get it, or no one?

As far as i can tell - each worker accrues bonus money in a treasure chest, according to the work they do. Once ALL the work on a farm is done, each worker can collect their individual bonus. The amount will vary, depending on the amount of work.
If workers are hired for separate jobs - say one is harvesting and plowing, and another is fishing only - each one collects when the job they were hired to do is done.

max_river
Mar 24 2013, 09:10 AM
is there a place where people who work can complain about the boss. some of the boss are rude and nuts and abusive. when i hire i tell them what i need done and i make sure i have lots of time for them to do the work. do not hire if you need some thing done quick because that is some time the issues come from

jghchurch
Mar 24 2013, 05:09 PM
i got hire to do muilty, all done but 3 fish that will not let me get. now i lose the coins and everything ealse. please fix this. its not right. just like getting kicked out of a farm and not getting to go back to finish.

KnightRider
Mar 24 2013, 05:14 PM
i got hire to do muilty, all done but 3 fish that will not let me get. now i lose the coins and everything ealse. please fix this. its not right. just like getting kicked out of a farm and not getting to go back to finish.

I have heard several people say that if you click on the diamond of the farm that you are on to refresh your current farm, you will then be able to get the remaining fish so that you can get the coins.

Ginny Daylily
Mar 25 2013, 06:46 AM
Yes, refreshing the farm lets you finish getting the fish!

Mountaineer
Mar 26 2013, 02:27 AM
Ok - here's a new one.

Good point! I've been tricked several times lately (pulled to empty farms). I also had a co-worker do the whole farm in a few seconds while I tried to use my single tool. Never realized that the person hiring us might have been tricked, too. Anyway, several nice people have hired me and I could tell they were doing it to be helpful ~ I try to help others in return. Game is better that way, I think. Real people with real feelings behind those avatars...

dianesaffron#
Apr 16 2013, 06:59 AM
Good point! I've been tricked several times lately (pulled to empty farms). I also had a co-worker do the whole farm in a few seconds while I tried to use my single tool. Never realized that the person hiring us might have been tricked, too. Anyway, several nice people have hired me and I could tell they were doing it to be helpful ~ I try to help others in return. Game is better that way, I think. Real people with real feelings behind those avatars...

i think its more fair to have one person on each farm if you want more than one person give them farm each. i always do that or give some one all farms. i hate to share a farm like most people. even with no tools i can take my time and do it all

dianesaffron#
Apr 19 2013, 02:00 PM
one reason its my favourite game is that you meet so many nice people to chat too:D

mrschar
Apr 19 2013, 02:51 PM

I like to help newbies when I have time also. We remember how it was, trying to level up. I have had the same problem, too. I have done this. If I have multiple fields, hire one person for one farm. If they actually have no tools, I let them know there is more work if they want it when they finish that farm. If they lied and have the tools, then that's all they get. Pft. If the field is large and overlapped, I will ask the farmer with no tools if they can handle it or if they want help. And I have also volunteered and harvested and let them plow because what they really need is XP for plowing.

rodneycs
Apr 19 2013, 08:54 PM
I love the idea

Interesting what you have posted but mostly it is hard enough to find people to do certain tasks and now multi tasking is not working Spent more than 10 hrs getting people to shake trees yesterday.

dnana
Apr 19 2013, 09:52 PM
Interesting what you have posted but mostly it is hard enough to find people to do certain tasks and now multi tasking is not working Spent more than 10 hrs getting people to shake trees yesterday.

I end up doing my own trees and flowers almost all the time now, especially if I don't have crops to put with the offer. I have a few neighbors and buddies who say 'gimme everything' but I can never find a market worker who says that anymore. I like the idea of hiring for one farm only then asking them what else they want to do, I may do that from now on (if they will answer me, lol). Doing my own work is getting me back on my farms on a regular basis, too. I used to just hire someone without fully knowing what needed to be done, then had to go back and check what-all they did. Now I see my stuff more and do a bit of remodeling, which I had gotten away from. ;)

dnana
Apr 19 2013, 09:54 PM
And I have also volunteered and harvested and let them plow because what they really need is XP for plowing.

I NEVER thought of doing that, that's cool! I have a few newbs in my group, I'm going to see if they would prefer that, thanks!

dnana
Apr 19 2013, 09:56 PM
I'm willing to chop any kind of trees if you want we can figure out how to schedule a meeting at the marketplace. I have over 250,000 fuel and need to get rid of it. Large or small farms is great. The more farms I do the better it is.

You guys have to be on the same server to do that, I think. Each server has it's own marketplace. :)

goofyshoes
Apr 20 2013, 10:00 AM
Thanks Tony & Taz. I've tried to ignore and report...almost as if they have an internal way to stop that...or it seems...:rolleyes:

they're baaaak

anne: hire me pls! i use the ******** [mod edit link and tool name removed]

sure you know but.... can't report, they are tricky lil burgers:mad:

Tiger
Apr 20 2013, 10:13 AM
they're baaaak

anne: hire me pls! i use the ******** [mod edit link and tool name removed]

sure you know but.... can't report, they are tricky lil burgers:mad:

Hi,

I've removed the tool name and link from your post. We do not want these advertised on the forum.

All you can do is try to click on their avatar and ignore them. It is tricky but it is possible, you do have to be incredibly quick.

rennym
Apr 20 2013, 02:39 PM
Please devise method to hire people to work facilities and send clients.

Tiger
Apr 20 2013, 03:12 PM
Hi and thanks... already do that a lot... my message is intended to request setting up hiring procedures in the market place. THAT is what I would really like!:)

Hi,

I've added that detail to your idea in the suggestions area for you.

StoneFace
May 05 2013, 06:58 PM
I think the one thing to do is make sure you hide as much as possible. The time it takes to turn trees back on , harvest, turn off.... then flowers or whatever you were hired to do.... well, it is a lot shorter that the wait you are experiencing.

good luck... don't quit now

dnana
May 07 2013, 04:24 PM
I think the one thing to do is make sure you hide as much as possible. The time it takes to turn trees back on , harvest, turn off.... then flowers or whatever you were hired to do.... well, it is a lot shorter that the wait you are experiencing.

good luck... don't quit now

Hiding is great, it really does help, but if you are on farms that belong to people who layer and stack and jam as much on the farms as they can, it's going to take the processors longer to resolve the detail. Even with everything hidden, the game server and your computer still have to process what's there. WE can't see it but they can, and they have to resolve any instructions attached to all that stuff, the last of which is 'hide'. I bail on work that takes too long and I dont sweat over the bailing, they bring it on themselves by playing outside the parameters of the game.

Also, mcdaddie, stand still while the box is showing, it will speed up the games ability to resolve it's instructions if you dont keep giving it inputs. :)

GarrettHillBabe
May 08 2013, 02:36 AM
Hiding is great, it really does help, but if you are on farms that belong to people who layer and stack and jam as much on the farms as they can, it's going to take the processors longer to resolve the detail. Even with everything hidden, the game server and your computer still have to process what's there. WE can't see it but they can, and they have to resolve any instructions attached to all that stuff, the last of which is 'hide'. I bail on work that takes too long and I dont sweat over the bailing, they bring it on themselves by playing outside the parameters of the game.

Also, mcdaddie, stand still while the box is showing, it will speed up the games ability to resolve it's instructions if you dont keep giving it inputs. :)

I have to agree with you, I have for instance all animals hidden BUT it only takes effect after the hire box is checked...so when hired to work facilities or referrals on many farms I'm contending with 9 layers of crops, stacked what they can and all jammed, some jam buildings in corners AND use all four corners on 18 farms, then on top of all of that I have to wait til I click that first pop box to work and then wait again for it all to load again, OK NOW the animals aren't visible to me but as you said the computer sees them.

Why people are using so many layers on 18 farms is beyond me and to add insult to injury it's all on HUGE farms. OK Thanks but no thanks Slash for increasing the size of the farms AGAIN so that now they can layer more area on farms 1 through 5....now we have 9 layers and jam on 34x34, oh goodie, not!

These same people will complain about neighbors not doing facilities, who has the time to sit and wait and wait? Oh ya and many times sitting, waiting to be a good neighbor and oops flash crashed!
I know you speak of working from market here, tried that had an experience that has me working for neighbors (not the heavy layered ones) and staying away from that market...AND I hire neighbors only to H&P my farms. Odd thing is, I have never layered a farm, jammed my buildings on top of each other and made farm 18 for most of my trees....AND strange as it may see I NEVER run out of crops and yes I do have some duplicate facilities that use the same crops, never run out of metal nor animal products either as I have 1 of each (all but the horses) on at least 15 out of 18 farms.

Guess I'm just not in whatever race many are in and I do believe it is a race for those points since many are like at I think a billion already....I'm very happy with my 36 million+ and yes been playing since early 2009 so with my vacations from FT I figure I'm doing fine in the points....What is the prize for reaching whatever is the highest anyway? Is it a ton of FC? LOL still not tempted if it is...:D

KnightRider
May 08 2013, 05:24 AM
...and these same folks will be the ones to come to the forum and have the nerve to complain that the work wasn't finished on their farms. Any farmer worth their salt would be ashamed to hire out a job that they themselves would not do.

That is exactly why they go to the market place to hire out, cause the job is too big and they don't want to take the time to do it themselves, I have left a job before cause it was layered with trees, flowers, and buildings on top of crops, and the trees was almost a full farm of trees.

Aussie Rae
May 08 2013, 06:53 PM
I seldom work for people in the market place anymore because its not worth my time unless they have huge crops of acorn squash etc and are not those decorated farms with stuff scattered all over the farm...which makes it impossible to use tools that are designed to work in blocks of 12x8, 8x8 etc....it takes longer to do these type of farms than to do someones 9x farm...and the bonus paid on these farms is not worth it also...

Qivis
May 08 2013, 08:49 PM
I like to help newbies when I have time also. We remember how it was, trying to level up. I have had the same problem, too. I have done this. If I have multiple fields, hire one person for one farm. If they actually have no tools, I let them know there is more work if they want it when they finish that farm. If they lied and have the tools, then that's all they get. Pft. If the field is large and overlapped, I will ask the farmer with no tools if they can handle it or if they want help. And I have also volunteered and harvested and let them plow because what they really need is XP for plowing.

I've sometimes had people say "I keep forgetting to change the end of the name" or "I've forgotten how to change the name. I have the combine. Mind if I use it?" I think that's what usually happens. People get so busy doing work they forget the change from "Qivis (h & p)" to "Qivis (combine!)" might be a good idea.

Tony D
May 10 2013, 02:49 PM
Hi Everyone , just a friendly reminder.

This is the feedback section. If you require Help or wish to make a Suggestion please post in the relevant section. Posts that are not feedback may be moved or removed without warning.

Thanks

GarrettHillBabe
May 10 2013, 10:09 PM
[B]I've hired from the market, was also looking for newbies to help them out since I had the time....Well thought all would be good BUT that person began harvesting and I was very glad I hadn't moved away from my computer since the next thing I knew that person was furious with me for NOT having my farm layered! Can anyone tell me please how a person with no "power" tools could do a layered farm in anything less than hours?
Needless to say after telling me how stupid I am for not layering they left.
Have decided if none of my neighbors who need the xp points are on I'll do my farms myself.

bluehair
May 11 2013, 04:33 AM
I dont mind doing trees and flowers but sometimes it is so messy it takes me ages just to do one farm and more often then not they have hired me for several farms and then by the time I have finished harvesting 10 million flowers and trees they have got someone else to do the other farms...very annoying

mattie van tonder
Jun 26 2013, 04:45 AM
cant something be done about the market place so that everything a worker can do is displayed, if a job is accepted it must be finished. You try and try and try sometimes you strike it lucky but its so time-consuming cause most of the times your request are not accepted or you strike someone accepting a job who has no tools to do it. To my mind the market place has just become a source of frustration, give us more points for doing the work ourself then if nothing can of will be done to make it easier for us who have to hire people to do our work because we dont have FC to buy tools. This really is a reason why many people who has been playing for years leave Farm town as I am considering too. I have been playing since the start of the game, are top level and cant get more FC's than with an update, with which you cant even buy a tool, 25 FC is absurd taking into account the prices of tools, to buy a combine you must have 100+ where are you going to get that. But it all can work out if just some attention is given to the shortcomings in the market place, new features are constantly added and the people there are mostly beginners without tools, I found that they dont even know how to use the dim-out feature, or know about the rewards because trees, flowers, fish and items are constantly left behind. No really its a farce. And since we have heard rumors of Facebook kicking Farmtown out, perhaps the time has come to re-consider. Give market places to different levels so that the newbies has their own and the high levels dont have to undergo this frustration.

LoreneC
Jun 26 2013, 07:08 AM
I have found I have better luck hiring people in the afternoon (EST) than morning. Most people with tools who go to the market to get jobs either put tools in their name, or say they have tools. Some even say which tools such as combine, flowers, etc.

Dutch85
Jun 26 2013, 02:11 PM
I go to the market place to hire, even tho I have all the big tools. I found that patience is the key in the market. I bide my time and watch for workers to say what kind of work they want, and what tools they have. I am also always prepared for the job to not be completely done. Sometimes the person I hired sends me a message that they can't finish for whatever reason. I answer with a thank you for your help, and no worries... it's just a game. If I get upset, it's no longer any fun for me.

notaparagod
Jul 09 2013, 10:36 AM
Today I was hired on a farm with multiple layers (crops, trees, flowers, trees to chop, fishing). I was done with everything but flowers and only had about half of the farm left when someone else came on. She was harvesting flowers one at a time...I have the 8x8. I had over two million bonus points waiting to be collected. I used my tools to finish the flowers. The other worker called me a jerk and sent multiple messages to my inbox about how rude I was to basically push her put of the way to get the flowers done.

Should I have let her finish and miss out on the bonus? What is proper etiquette when multiple farmers are hired for one farm? I don't like the idea of just taking over the farm, but I didn't want to lose the bonus either.

I know it is only a game and I'm really not too concerned about what an anonymous person on the Internet thinks of me, but I don't want to be a jerk either. :)

daisy too
Aug 06 2013, 10:41 AM
I had the strangest interaction with a farmer I hired. I hired her from the MP, she said she listed the tools she had for H/P. the farm was MOSTLY crops, but two rows of trees and a few beds of flowers.
When she was done, she left me a nasty message about how I had "ripped her off" of getting a bonus by not JUST hiring her for H&P. I answered back nicely, explaining that you don't NEED special tools to do flowers and trees, and that the bonus was for finishing the job. Plus, she accepted the job which included flowers and trees. She messaged me back saying that when someone lists H&P at the MP, that means they can ONLY be hired for H&P, and that she doesn't take the time to "inspect" the hire request to make sure it's right. She was a lower level player, I assumed she had little experience with the game.

I basically told her that if you don't want to do a certain job, don't accept it, and if you want to earn the bonus, then finish the job you accepted. I did not call her names or put her down in any way, just explained the way the hiring practice and bonuses work. and repeated that though it takes time, you can do flowers and trees without buying extra tools.

So - a couple of hours later, I got a message from another farmer saying she was the mother of farmer #1, and that I had upset her daughter by being so mean to her, that "it's just a game" and if her daughter didn't want to do my damn flowers then she doesn't have to, and if I can't understand that some of the other players are CHILDREN, then I shouldn't be playing the game.
I answered her back, and quoted what her daughter had written to me, pointing out that the only "rudeness" had come from the kid, not from me.

I have played the game for a long time, and things have changed a LOT recently. any time I need to hire someone, I encounter more farmers who will only do certain jobs, will only work solo, etc. I get when people don't want to fish, because without a boat, it's tough to finish the job. But it was the first time when I got chewed out for including trees and flowers in my request.

Angel7
Aug 06 2013, 05:23 PM
I had the strangest interaction with a farmer I hired. I hired her from the MP, she said she listed the tools she had for H/P. the farm was MOSTLY crops, but two rows of trees and a few beds of flowers.
When she was done, she left me a nasty message about how I had "ripped her off" of getting a bonus by not JUST hiring her for H&P. I answered back nicely, explaining that you don't NEED special tools to do flowers and trees, and that the bonus was for finishing the job. Plus, she accepted the job which included flowers and trees. She messaged me back saying that when someone lists H&P at the MP, that means they can ONLY be hired for H&P, and that she doesn't take the time to "inspect" the hire request to make sure it's right. She was a lower level player, I assumed she had little experience with the game.

I basically told her that if you don't want to do a certain job, don't accept it, and if you want to earn the bonus, then finish the job you accepted. I did not call her names or put her down in any way, just explained the way the hiring practice and bonuses work. and repeated that though it takes time, you can do flowers and trees without buying extra tools.

So - a couple of hours later, I got a message from another farmer saying she was the mother of farmer #1, and that I had upset her daughter by being so mean to her, that "it's just a game" and if her daughter didn't want to do my damn flowers then she doesn't have to, and if I can't understand that some of the other players are CHILDREN, then I shouldn't be playing the game.
I answered her back, and quoted what her daughter had written to me, pointing out that the only "rudeness" had come from the kid, not from me.

I have played the game for a long time, and things have changed a LOT recently. any time I need to hire someone, I encounter more farmers who will only do certain jobs, will only work solo, etc. I get when people don't want to fish, because without a boat, it's tough to finish the job. But it was the first time when I got chewed out for including trees and flowers in my request.

Bad parenting - I think there is an minimum age limit for facebook of 13 which should be old enough to accept constructive criticism that could only help them if they would listen - don't worry about it. Sounds like you did the right thing. It is the responsibility of the worker to decide what jobs to take.

bluehair
Aug 07 2013, 06:25 AM

depending on my mood if I get a request for flower and/or trees I may or may not accept the job. I do prefer to work solo as I work pretty fast so dont really want to wait for another farmer to finish (unless they are doing trees only) so they dont think I am stealing their work.

when I hire someone I like to hire one person to harvest/plow if I have several farms I will look for someone who has the combine tool or just ask. nothing worse than hiring someone for 19 farms (after asking if they have the combine tool) to find they are harvesting one crop at a time!!!!

LyndaBrown
Aug 07 2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy too View Post

I don't like to be hired with a bunch of other people because it makes the farm so heavy its hard to move and since I have all the tools I really don't need the help. I don't request to work alone but if I go to a farm where there are a bunch of people working I just quietly leave and go back to the market.

wsbohannon
Aug 09 2013, 04:01 PM
Bad parenting - I think there is an minimum age limit for facebook of 13 which should be old enough to accept constructive criticism that could only help them if they would listen - don't worry about it. Sounds like you did the right thing. It is the responsibility of the worker to decide what jobs to take.

I agree.. Bad parenting. I also have just about STOPPED going to the MP because most of the players are so PICKY!! h/p ONLY ... SOLO... etc. I don't NEED the help. I have all my own tools but I go there to help newer players. It's frustrating especially for those who don't know the rules and how to play the game....

sizzlinsssandi
Aug 10 2013, 12:08 AM
I have been away from FT for nearly 3 years and was level 145 upon my return. Alot has changed with the game - one being all the "tools" one is able to purchase and for the most part all with real cash. Now I'm not rich and play the game for entertainment, but I found immediately that when you have no tools, no one wants you to work for them. Only people working are the ones with superboat, mega harvesters/plowers and when I get hired not saying solo, then upon arrival to "clicks" and even one other person can harvest the entire farm before I even get 20 plots for credit. Glad they have all the fancy equipment, but sure makes disadvantage for beginning players to compete. Just saying.........So my strategy is to ask for players below a certain level to hire to give them an extra chance to compete in the hiring market.:)

ccheney
Sep 01 2013, 01:54 PM
I have been away from FT for nearly 3 years and was level 145 upon my return. Alot has changed with the game - one being all the "tools" one is able to purchase and for the most part all with real cash. Now I'm not rich and play the game for entertainment, but I found immediately that when you have no tools, no one wants you to work for them. Only people working are the ones with superboat, mega harvesters/plowers and when I get hired not saying solo, then upon arrival to "clicks" and even one other person can harvest the entire farm before I even get 20 plots for credit. Glad they have all the fancy equipment, but sure makes disadvantage for beginning players to compete. Just saying.........So my strategy is to ask for players below a certain level to hire to give them an extra chance to compete in the hiring market.:)

I too returned to the game after a three year absence and have the same problem as the person above.I always state in my status No Tools and No Fishing. I get hired for many solo jobs and always thank my employer but often someone will hire me along with someone or even two people with all the tools. Why? To me that is just plain rude and unfair to the person who has no tools. And why do you need two people with all the tools when one can do the job in less than 5 minutes? I think it would be a good idea to have it that if you hire someone with tools that you can't hire anyone else for that farm.

Hessel
Sep 01 2013, 10:34 PM
I have lost a LOT of my neighbors who have just up and quit farming. When I message them to find out the reasons, most of the time they say they can never find hires who won't quit after one field or won't start at all if the crop is not a 3-4 day crop. Then you have those same "quitters" at the market place complaining they have no work. Big suprise. It has gotten to the point that many just quit playing because trying to farm 19 fields, pick trees and flowers and load your factories take too many hours at night.

There needs to be more info posted....things like the job is for "x" number of fields, and how many are layered. It is hard to blame someone with no tools for not finishing 10 fields that are layered.

Until there is some MAJOR tweaks to the hiring process, this is going to be a problem. When I see more than 70% of my neighbors not active I know there is a problem somewhere. And I have kept adding new neighbors. All to no avail.

KnightRider
Sep 02 2013, 01:16 AM
I have lost a LOT of my neighbors who have just up and quit farming. When I message them to find out the reasons, most of the time they say they can never find hires who won't quit after one field or won't start at all if the crop is not a 3-4 day crop. Then you have those same "quitters" at the market place complaining they have no work. Big suprise. It has gotten to the point that many just quit playing because trying to farm 19 fields, pick trees and flowers and load your factories take too many hours at night.

There needs to be more info posted....things like the job is for "x" number of fields, and how many are layered. It is hard to blame someone with no tools for not finishing 10 fields that are layered.

Until there is some MAJOR tweaks to the hiring process, this is going to be a problem. When I see more than 70% of my neighbors not active I know there is a problem somewhere. And I have kept adding new neighbors. All to no avail.

If anyone's farms have become to big and takes too much time to play, they have no one to blame but themselves, no one has forced them to purchase all 19 farms, farm upgrades, every facility, tree, flower, or anything else, if they wanted to play, they could scale down their farms and only use a few farms and not use all of their facilities. If they have people quit working their farms because they layer their fields, I don't blame them, they hire out work that they won't do themselves. You say more info needs posted, that should come from the person that is doing the hiring. The MAJOR tweak you are talking about is Slashkey making it so that no one can layer any of their farms, cause until everyone gets rid of the layering there is going to be people that quit or that has been disconnected due to the employer layering and freezing the employee's computer. I have had to do a shut down cause the farm I went to had crops, then trees, flowers, and facilities on top of the crops and it was a full farm of trees and flowers.

ccheney
Sep 02 2013, 01:51 PM
I don't have tools and I make that known in my status so if I am hired for 19 farms and most of them layered I would probably have to work for 19 hrs or longer to finish as it takes me 45 min's to an hour to do one farm particularly if I am asked to do harvesting, plowing, chopping of everything on the farm. It is impossible for one person to do. I usually do one farm, two farms if I have time and then leave a note that it is impossible for me to finish such a large job.It would be nice to know how many farms you are being hired for before you accept the job.

Berle
Oct 02 2013, 10:08 PM
It is difficult for a farmer with no tools to do many farms. I have 4 x 4 tools and will not take a job unless my name is posted as small jobs only.

If a farmer is noted as no tools, I will designate only a few farms to be done and hire someone else to do a few farms also.

It is frustrating for me to have to keep careful watch on the progress of a worker and hire others when they leave without sending me a message. It is difficult to determine when someone has left.

A notification of how large the job is would be helpful to a prospective worker.

bluehair
Oct 03 2013, 06:14 AM
I just to had to quit out of one job..was taking me too far long I wasnt able to leave the farmer a message to apologize but yes how big a job is going to be would be helpful

ccheney
Oct 03 2013, 04:50 PM
I agree. I have had to leave many jobs because they were too much. I state in my status that I don't have tools and I still get jobs for 19 layered farms which would take me about an 45 mins to an hour a farm. I don't have 16-19 hrs a day to spend on a computer game. We definitely need a way to know the size of the job before we accept it. It would also be nice to know what people are willing to do before you hire them. It is so hard to get people to harvest/chop trees and flowers. I sent requests to 5 people who were asking for any job and every one turned my job down. I finally got one acceptance and he chopped 5 trees and left.

bluehair
Oct 03 2013, 05:02 PM
i do have all the tools but it was getting late I think I had already spent an hour doing about 8 farms and still had another 12 to go....on some of the farms I had to go searching for that lone flower or tree

KnightRider
Oct 03 2013, 05:17 PM
i do have all the tools but it was getting late I think I had already spent an hour doing about 8 farms and still had another 12 to go....on some of the farms I had to go searching for that lone flower or tree

Do you use the option to hide everything except what can be worked with the tool that you are holding?

bluehair
Oct 03 2013, 06:16 PM
Do you use the option to hide everything except what can be worked with the tool that you are holding?

yup did that ..its when they have huge farms and I try and make it as small as I can so it fits on my monitor so have to go every corner etc

ccheney
Oct 10 2013, 01:25 PM
How is it that I am being hired to harvest/plow farms and when I get there there is nothing to do? I was just hired to harvest/plow 9 of 19 farms. Of those 9 farms only two had crops to harvest. The other 7 were all plowed fields. I have trees and flowers turned on and could see them and they all dimmed out when I clicked on my harvest tool so none of those farms had harvestable trees so the harvest obviously wasn't for trees or flowers, and my chopping tool was dimmed out so chopping wasn't the job either. When I've accidently clicked on the wrong farm when hiring I will get a pop saying I can't hire for that farm because there is no work to do there so how are others able to hire me for a farm with no work on it?

KnightRider
Oct 10 2013, 02:25 PM
How is it that I am being hired to harvest/plow farms and when I get there there is nothing to do? I was just hired to harvest/plow 9 of 19 farms. Of those 9 farms only two had crops to harvest. The other 7 were all plowed fields. I have trees and flowers turned on and could see them and they all dimmed out when I clicked on my harvest tool so none of those farms had harvestable trees so the harvest obviously wasn't for trees or flowers, and my chopping tool was dimmed out so chopping wasn't the job either. When I've accidently clicked on the wrong farm when hiring I will get a pop saying I can't hire for that farm because there is no work to do there so how are others able to hire me for a farm with no work on it?

The only thing I can think of is there is work on the farms when they hired you, and they hire multiple people for the same farms, and the ones that are done when you get there was done by someone else before you got there.

Edmo
Oct 24 2013, 02:17 PM

I agree with the Knightrider. They hire multiple workers, most probably because they are very busy in their personal lives. I never delegate 2 or more helpers to do same chore in the same farm. And if I am hires to do a job and if I see other people doing the same job that I was hired for, I leave that farm and I go to another farm where there are no workers. Also when I work into a farm and a farmer comes without tools, I stop working so that I give that farmers to earn some coins or xps.

Edmo
Oct 24 2013, 02:33 PM
I agree. I have had to leave many jobs because they were too much. I state in my status that I don't have tools and I still get jobs for 19 layered farms which would take me about an 45 mins to an hour a farm. I don't have 16-19 hrs a day to spend on a computer game. We definitely need a way to know the size of the job before we accept it. It would also be nice to know what people are willing to do before you hire them. It is so hard to get people to harvest/chop trees and flowers. I sent requests to 5 people who were asking for any job and every one turned my job down. I finally got one acceptance and he chopped 5 trees and left.

The person who hires u is probably desperate to find help for the chores of his/her farms. Both of you and them do not sign contracts therefore you can leave that farm for any reasons, but you should send them a message stating why you did not work. That's what I do, in case the farms are stacked 9x, or the trees are one here and 1 there. When I am hired to work in a farm I like the trees to be planted densely and not on single files because this wastes my time and fuel. If I don't finish a job, I notify the owner of the farm why I stopped working. On the other hand I plant my trees and flowers so that the hired helper has maximum benefit from helping me out. We should be caring for each other. Because I do not want my time to be wasted, I prefer to fish with my turbo boat it does not give me problems.

rodneycs
Oct 25 2013, 01:23 AM
I agree with the Knightrider. They hire multiple workers, most probably because they are very busy in their personal lives. I never delegate 2 or more helpers to do same chore in the same farm. And if I am hires to do a job and if I see other people doing the same job that I was hired for, I leave that farm and I go to another farm where there are no workers. Also when I work into a farm and a farmer comes without tools, I stop working so that I give that farmers to earn some coins or xps.

Many people you hire do absolutely nothing which is why you have to attempt to hire multiple people and you stop hiring as soon as you see that work is being done when the message appears on the hiring site.

KnightRider
Oct 25 2013, 09:54 AM
Many people you hire do absolutely nothing which is why you have to attempt to hire multiple people and you stop hiring as soon as you see that work is being done when the message appears on the hiring site.

If you see that the person you hired isn't going to do anything, then yes, go back to the market place and rehire someone, but you can't just go back to your farm, see they haven't done anything yet and then immediately go back to the market place, you should give them a minute or so before going back to hire someone, plus there are people that will hire others even though they have workers already working on their farm. I have been hired to do a farm and there was 2 others on that farm harvesting and over half of it was done, so I did what I could and I left. Some probably say I should have left a message, but if I had left a message, that person could have access to my farm and I didn't want them to have any access to my farm or messages.

ccheney
Oct 26 2013, 12:12 AM
My mom's plays now she is just starting out and is at level 24 and it seems no one wants to work low level farms. She hires them, they accept and then leave when they see she only has a small farm with low yielding crops. Unless you have high paying crops it seems like no one wants to bother with it.

I have encountered people who will harvest nothing but acorn squash. Talk about greedy.

What also gets me is people who say "I'll do any job" so I send a request to chop or harvest flowers and it's turned down or I'll send a request to harvest plow and chop and it's turned down. But if I immediately send the same person another request but leave off chop they accept it. Don't say I'll do any job if you don't mean it.

JW2009
Oct 30 2013, 03:44 PM
Hi, there NEEDS to be a way to find out what each farmers has as far as tools when we click on them. Maybe if we click a pop out with a quick list of their top tools. Thank You & Happy Farming™

mrschar
Oct 30 2013, 09:50 PM
This is an awesome idea!!!!! The best solution I've heard of. I have 3 farms that are perfect for farmers who have NO tools and could use the XP. Farmers who advertise all of the big tools do not need XP. They don't need to level up.

KnightRider
Oct 30 2013, 10:40 PM
Hi, there NEEDS to be a way to find out what each farmers has as far as tools when we click on them. Maybe if we click a pop out with a quick list of their top tools. Thank You & Happy Farming™

Instead of seeing others tools, which I don't want anyone to be able to see in my storage at what tools I have, they need to have a fire button, so that if someone lies to you about the tools that they have you can fire them and hire someone else. There would have to be restrictions on the fire button also, like after a certain time they can't be fired, the firing has to be done shortly after being hired so that someone doesn't almost get done with a farm and then the person fire them just because they can.

mdrlang
Oct 30 2013, 11:35 PM
The market place really is a hit or miss... I will hire newbies for a huge job and some will spend 3 hours to finish... others take off.. Some jerks won't do trees... Even if they have tools... Those of us who have extra large farms really don't need our crops done. We have combines... We need full service to get trees too.

KnightRider
Oct 31 2013, 12:13 AM
The market place really is a hit or miss... I will hire newbies for a huge job and some will spend 3 hours to finish... others take off.. Some jerks won't do trees... Even if they have tools... Those of us who have extra large farms really don't need our crops done. We have combines... We need full service to get trees too.

I have heard the reason some don't like trees/flowers even with the tools is because of the way the people have their trees/flowers, you can't use your tools anyway cause they have them spread out all over the farm, a person shouldn't expect any person to work their farms, that they wouldn't work themselves, some layer their farms so much that they won't work their own farms and complain when they can't get anyone else to work them. I don't think anyone should call anyone names just because they won't do certain things, it's not like they are getting paid, it's only a game, if you can't find someone to do it, then that farmer will have to do it themselves.

JW2009
Oct 31 2013, 01:16 AM
I never said to look into someone's storage, just a pop out would appear when you click on a dude and it shows their biggest tool for each type of jobsInstead of seeing others tools, which I don't want anyone to be able to see in my storage at what tools I have, they need to have a fire button, so that if someone lies to you about the tools that they have you can fire them and hire someone else. There would have to be restrictions on the fire button also, like after a certain time they can't be fired, the firing has to be done shortly after being hired so that someone doesn't almost get done with a farm and then the person fire them just because they can.

mrschar
Oct 31 2013, 08:06 PM
I agree with JW2009. It would be nice to get a little pop-up just showing their highest level tools--so we'd know if they had combines, big tree and flower tools and boats. I also sure wish we could fire rude people, leaving them no way to get back to our farms or contact us.

KnightRider
Oct 31 2013, 08:57 PM
I never said to look into someone's storage, just a pop out would appear when you click on a dude and it shows their biggest tool for each type of jobs

I agree with JW2009. It would be nice to get a little pop-up just showing their highest level tools--so we'd know if they had combines, big tree and flower tools and boats. I also sure wish we could fire rude people, leaving them no way to get back to our farms or contact us.

If they did use the pop up system, then when someone goes to look at the tools, there should be a pop up notifying that farmer that someone is wanting to look at their tools and ask for permission to show the pop up to that person, there needs to be something to protect the person from just anyone looking at your highest tools. I would rather see a fire button instead of allowing anyone that wants to see my highest tools that I have, if they want to know what tools I have, they can ask, and if someone lies about their tools, that is what the fire button is for.

Instead of showing the persons' tools, what they could do is when the hire menu appears have an option that states "tools" or "no tools", this way if you select "no tools" and you send it to someone, it looks at their tools and if it finds that the farmer has any tools it would send you a notice stating that the option is incorrect for this hire request and give you a chance to either cancel that request or to change your option to "tools". This way the persons' tools remains private as they should be and the person doing the hiring would know if the person has any tools or not. If you would select "tools" then it wouldn't matter what the person had in there storage and would go right through to the farmer.

ccheney
Nov 02 2013, 02:49 PM
I would like a way of knowing what jobs a farmer is willing and not willing to do instead of wasting time trying to hire and getting no thank you's Some will say "all jobs"or "any job" in the market place but then turn down your harvest and plow job when chopping or fishing is also asked. I have gone back after a refusal and asked the same person to harvest and plow leaving off the chopping or fishing and they accept the job. There really needs to be some incentive such as XP's to get people to chop, harvest trees and flowers and to fish. It's getting harder and harder to get people to do these jobs.

mrschar
Nov 02 2013, 06:05 PM
agree with ccheney. Need to get XP for doing trees and flowers, especially because they can be very difficult with tools!

katupatree
Nov 02 2013, 07:39 PM
I really don't mind sharing work, but when hired with other farmers, especially farmers with no or smaller tools, I have to basically sit around and wait for them to finish their part in order to collect rewards for working. I will not be a pig and do all the work out from under them. I've also noticed that when hired for a lot of work, sometimes the rewards expire before I can finish and collect. It's a good thing I'm not depending on the rewards.

mrschar
Nov 02 2013, 08:12 PM
I really don't mind sharing work, but when hired with other farmers, especially farmers with no or smaller tools, I have to basically sit around and wait for them to finish their part in order to collect rewards for working. I will not be a pig and do all the work out from under them. I've also noticed that when hired for a lot of work, sometimes the rewards expire before I can finish and collect. It's a good thing I'm not depending on the rewards.

You are proof that there are good farmers, still. Like you, I don't mind sharing and will not be a greedy pig and use my tools to get all, taking away from farmers who do not need it.

katupatree
Nov 02 2013, 08:32 PM
Along with that, what's up with the rewards expiring? If a person hires you for multiple jobs on a farm that is layered and/or stacked that takes a while to complete, the reward should not expire as long as I am on the farm working. I have all the big tools and sometimes it still takes a while.

ccheney
Nov 03 2013, 11:40 PM
If I'm hired for multiple farms and there is worker already on the farm I arrive at, I go to another farm and start working there.

apet
Nov 07 2013, 11:18 AM
Hi! Question??? since 2010 im playing FT i bought my FC with Mobile phone in Euro. why it change for me now in peso? my country is phil. but i'm living here in Germany. how can i pay in peso now? could you pls, turn back in Euro and same as usual pay only with Mobile phone. Thank you

Taz D
Nov 07 2013, 11:24 AM
Hi! Question??? since 2010 im playing FT i bought my FC with Mobile phone in Euro. why it change for me now in peso? my country is phil. but i'm living here in Germany. how can i pay in peso now? could you pls, turn back in Euro and same as usual pay only with Mobile phone. Thank you
You will have to change that in Facebook. Farm Town does not set your currency. Go to Facebook Account Settings and click on Payments in the left column. In the next screen is a way to set your currency.

ccheney
Nov 24 2013, 12:30 AM
You are proof that there are good farmers, still. Like you, I don't mind sharing and will not be a greedy pig and use my tools to get all, taking away from farmers who do not need it.

I wish more farmers were like you. I just worked a farm where it was me and three people with combines. I only have a 6x6 harvester and 5x5 plow. I was basically useless as the others were done before I could even click on my harvester. There is no need to hire four people with tools for one farm. No one gets any profit out of it.

I don't mind sharing work. If I am working with someone I usually harvest a line down the middle of the field so we each have an equal amount of field and each get our fair share of the work. and suggest that we each work one side of that line.Most of the farmers I have worked with are agreeable to that arrangement and have thanked me for being fair, but some still get greedy and take over the whole field in which case the best thing to do is leave. Also if the other worker doesn't have tools I won't use mine. Then they won't feel like they are being too slow and I won't be standing around waiting for them to finish so I can collect the bonus.

pisces16
Nov 24 2013, 05:24 AM
I'm having problems at marketplace. I click to hire someone to work but it's not coming up whether they accept or not so I hire another. Go back to my farm and find they are both there working! Is anyone else having this problem.

ccheney
Nov 24 2013, 02:06 PM
I'm having problems at marketplace. I click to hire someone to work but it's not coming up whether they accept or not so I hire another. Go back to my farm and find they are both there working! Is anyone else having this problem.

Yes I get that a lot too

jenny bunny
Dec 08 2013, 05:34 AM
I wish more farmers were like you. I just worked a farm where it was me and three people with combines. I only have a 6x6 harvester and 5x5 plow. I was basically useless as the others were done before I could even click on my harvester. There is no need to hire four people with tools for one farm. No one gets any profit out of it.

I don't mind sharing work. If I am working with someone I usually harvest a line down the middle of the field so we each have an equal amount of field and each get our fair share of the work. and suggest that we each work one side of that line.Most of the farmers I have worked with are agreeable to that arrangement and have thanked me for being fair, but some still get greedy and take over the whole field in which case the best thing to do is leave. Also if the other worker doesn't have tools I won't use mine. Then they won't feel like they are being too slow and I won't be standing around waiting for them to finish so I can collect the bonus.

You sound like a dying breed there!
I was doing a farm earlier this morning and then up pops someone who basically took over the farm and cleared it in something like 6 clicks as they had the tools to do it in something like a 16x16 grid and as I am only a new farmer with 2 farms, don't have the luxury. I am doing it 1 by 1 and being partially sighted, takes me some time to do. The could see that I was doing the farm and could have jumped on one of the persons other farms.
I do have other profiles with other farms but I am taking time off from them to concentrate on my new farms.

ccheney
Dec 15 2013, 12:05 AM
I have seen the height of laziness and rudeness tonight. I along with 4 others were hired to harvest crops and trees plow fields and chop trees. Everyone harvested crops and plowed and then I started on the trees. The others stood there and waited for me to finish the trees then collected the bonus and left. They didn't lift a finger to help with the trees.

Taz D
Dec 15 2013, 12:42 AM
I have seen the height of laziness and rudeness tonight. I along with 4 others were hired to harvest crops and trees plow fields and chop trees. Everyone harvested crops and plowed and then I started on the trees. The others stood there and waited for me to finish the trees then collected the bonus and left. They didn't lift a finger to help with the trees.
That should mean your bonus was bigger...the more work you do the more you get.