PDA

View Full Version : Discussions about Hiring and Hiring Practices

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

SeaJay
Dec 15 2013, 08:34 AM
That should mean your bonus was bigger...the more work you do the more you get.

Well that's a bit of a maddening answer, Taz. You know as well as I do you ignored the point here. I think the devs need to make it so that only one person can be hired per farm. That's just the tip of the iceberg. They really need to address this hiring practice in a whole new way. Do away with the old way all together.
I used to be courteous to others helping on the farm, but now I see it as the fault of the hiring person for hiring so many for one farm because they don't feel like taking the time to dole out the jobs separately.
I can't sit and wait for someone with no tools to do their share so that I can collect my treasure chest. And since they instituted the treasure box, I won't just work for anybody without that goal in mind. Gone are the days of just working for the fun of it. It's all reward based now and I have jumped on that bandwagon.

Taz D
Dec 15 2013, 09:35 AM
Well that's a bit of a maddening answer, Taz. You know as well as I do you ignored the point here. I think the devs need to make it so that only one person can be hired per farm. That's just the tip of the iceberg. They really need to address this hiring practice in a whole new way. Do away with the old way all together.
I used to be courteous to others helping on the farm, but now I see it as the fault of the hiring person for hiring so many for one farm because they don't feel like taking the time to dole out the jobs separately.
I can't sit and wait for someone with no tools to do their share so that I can collect my treasure chest. And since they instituted the treasure box, I won't just work for anybody without that goal in mind. Gone are the days of just working for the fun of it. It's all reward based now and I have jumped on that bandwagon.
Her point was that the others were not helping with the rest of the work.

SeaJay
Dec 15 2013, 03:22 PM
Her point was that the others were not helping with the rest of the work.

Touche Razz-Ma-Taz

Don't feed the beggers
Dec 15 2013, 03:31 PM
finding people to work has become impossible. I miss the days when everyone WANTED to work and I even miss the beggars at least they were willing. Now I find it takes me at least 30 mins to find people :( I find this all very discouraging!

bluehair
Dec 15 2013, 07:16 PM
I had to leave a farm as I had tools and the other person didnt meants I didnt get the bonus unless I was willing to wait another 30 minutes while the person finished which I dont really want to do. so I missed out on the bonus.

and sometimes I wont see the other person especially if they person hiring has full farms so I have to scroll and only then after doing 75% of a farm do I see another person work who then says to me "please let me finish I dont have tools" so I either keep going and take away their work or I wait 30 minutes while they finish so I can collect my bonus or I leave and lose my 150k coins bonus

KnightRider
Dec 15 2013, 07:53 PM
I had to leave a farm as I had tools and the other person didnt meants I didnt get the bonus unless I was willing to wait another 30 minutes while the person finished which I dont really want to do. so I missed out on the bonus.

and sometimes I wont see the other person especially if they person hiring has full farms so I have to scroll and only then after doing 75% of a farm do I see another person work who then says to me "please let me finish I dont have tools" so I either keep going and take away their work or I wait 30 minutes while they finish so I can collect my bonus or I leave and lose my 150k coins bonus

Have you tried typing in the chat as soon as you get there to see if there are any people that has no tools working on this farm?

pepsibuster
Dec 16 2013, 08:50 AM
this is a game - a good one at that ...chill - I do most of my farm myself because people are so picky in the market since we were stopped using neighbours to work with us ie; bonus.

KnightRider
Dec 16 2013, 12:28 PM
this is a game - a good one at that ...chill - I do most of my farm myself because people are so picky in the market since we were stopped using neighbours to work with us ie; bonus.

You wasn't stopped using neighbors, you still get the same bonus that you got from using the neighbors before, when you use a neighbor you get a large box instead of a regular box, I know that since they put in the factories that most of the time the large box doesn't matter but I have a neighbor that hires me to harvest their Acorn Squash which gives them more coins when they sell them, plus there is still the 10% of crops that you get for doing a neighbors farm, plus it also cost less to plow when you hire a neighbor. They just added the bonus chest cause no one was in the market place. I very seldom ever use the market place, since I have the tools either I do it myself or get my neighbor to do it.

lollipopthebunny
Dec 16 2013, 12:45 PM
It is hard even to get neighbors to help now days, compared to years ago! And the market is a night mare to get someone to do a complete job! There has got to be a way to make some changes to the market hriing process. People aren't honest in there even when I say NEED TOOLS, the ones without are so desparate they lie an say yes!

I think we need two separate market places now for hiring, One for people with ALL TOOLS an one for those without tools! Then at least that would level out the playing field on the hiring problems.

KnightRider
Dec 16 2013, 01:50 PM
It is hard even to get neighbors to help now days, compared to years ago! And the market is a night mare to get someone to do a complete job! There has got to be a way to make some changes to the market hriing process. People aren't honest in there even when I say NEED TOOLS, the ones without are so desparate they lie an say yes!

I think we need two separate market places now for hiring, One for people with ALL TOOLS an one for those without tools! Then at least that would level out the playing field on the hiring problems.

Problem is that the ones without tools would just go into the market place with tools and just like the market place without tools someone with tools could go into there. Separate marketplaces sound good, but it all comes down the the honesty of people.

ccheney
Dec 16 2013, 03:49 PM
No one pays attention to the two market places we have now. One for hiring and one for selling. Would they pay attention to one for tools and one for no tools? I doubt it.

lollipopthebunny
Dec 16 2013, 04:05 PM
And the 'honesty' seems to have gone out the window in FarmTown! I see so many people cheating an getting away with it it is not even funny! It has lots its 'fun' cause of the players that have started playing. But something has to be done about the hiring problem cause it is very annoying!

KnightRider
Dec 16 2013, 05:05 PM
I still have fun, I just stay on my little corner of Farm Town and have a close neighbor that I work with. I don't use the market place, well except to sell items, I either do my own fields or have my neighbor do them. I don't care if people use the glitches just as long as they don't complain if they fix a glitch, they use them at their own risk.

ccheney
Dec 17 2013, 12:20 AM
I've just seen the height of rudeness. I was hired to harvest and plow crops. While I was harvesting the farm owner was plowing behind me! I grabbed my plow and started plowing what I could then finished harvesting.. Why hire me to plow if you are going to do it yourself! You can't be in that much of a hurry that you can wait the 2 minutes it takes for me to finish the job with my 6x6 tools.

JW2009
Dec 17 2013, 01:57 PM
It's kind of a two way down fall, in order to get bonus chest you cannot be buddies or neighbours, and yet, in order to get certain trees for our facilities, you must be neighbours/friends to get trees given to you the proper way. Sure you can cheat and get some from websites, but that is not really the real way to play Farm Town. I also have had numerous difficulties trying to find workers for my farm, and then hopefully they finish the job hired for. I personally feel that we should get more bonus for helping out neighbours, after all, isn't being good neighbours a big part of this game. So why not just give the bonus for completing the whole job even to our buddies/neighbours. This would make a whole lot of players very happy. Thank you :)

KnightRider
Dec 17 2013, 02:43 PM
This is my opinion and just what I have learned from reading the forum posts for many years. First they had hiring a neighbor would get you a large box instead of regular box (but since the creation of facilities that isn't as good as it use to be) and cost less on the plowing so that people would hire neighbors instead of doing the work themselves. Then people started to complain that everyone was hiring neighbors and there was no one in the market place to hire or be hired, so Slashkey again changed it so that if you hire or get hired by a stranger from the market place instead of a neighbor/buddy that the incentive would be to get 2 boxes instead of 1 box and a treasure chest for completing the whole job on each farm. Now I see there are posts by people saying that hiring neighbors needs to have incentives to hire neighbors. I remember the saying: You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time. I myself have one close neighbor that I harvest her items and she harvests mine, I do this cause she needs the items for either facilities or for selling to get coins, just like she is mostly the only person that works my facilities when I post them, I don't even write anything on the post anymore since I know no one will work them but her.

theperfectnina
Dec 26 2013, 02:47 PM
I agree totally with you. The game use to be all about helping your neighbours but now it all seems to be get what you can as fast as you can, stuff your neighbours, just get screwed over by idiots in the market place who lie about what tools they have, leave your farms a mess then leave for you to find someone else to try and clean it all up and hopefully they have the tools required to do the job, or a connection long enough not to get kicked off the farm. Farming has become too hard to involved others. What could take an hour to do yourself it can take up to 4 hours - why bother any more.

It's kind of a two way down fall, in order to get bonus chest you cannot be buddies or neighbours, and yet, in order to get certain trees for our facilities, you must be neighbours/friends to get trees given to you the proper way. Sure you can cheat and get some from websites, but that is not really the real way to play Farm Town. I also have had numerous difficulties trying to find workers for my farm, and then hopefully they finish the job hired for. I personally feel that we should get more bonus for helping out neighbours, after all, isn't being good neighbours a big part of this game. So why not just give the bonus for completing the whole job even to our buddies/neighbours. This would make a whole lot of players very happy. Thank you :)

tinlug
Dec 26 2013, 05:52 PM
I hire people and have 18 very large farms (34x34 ) with stacked fields often take over 4000 lots. Most have a combine or so but often I feel sorry for the low levels who either don't have the money or just not that farm town addict yet to buy them. I often wonder why we cant let them hire our tools to do the job just like real life farmers do? :confused:

ccheney
Dec 26 2013, 10:39 PM
It seems now that you have to have tools just to get hired. If you say you have no tools in the market place you are pretty much ignored. And really the way some of these farms are jam packed with trees and stacked crops you need them. It will take hours to finish just doing one plot at a time especially if you are assigned more than one farm. I managed to earn enough FC to put with what I got leveling up to purchase a plow and a log truck and a few kind neighbors sent me a harvester and tree shaker. Before I had them I had problems getting hired now I can get jobs easily.

mrschar
Dec 26 2013, 11:12 PM
It seems now that you have to have tools just to get hired. If you say you have no tools in the market place you are pretty much ignored. And really the way some of these farms are jam packed with trees and stacked crops you need them. It will take hours to finish just doing one plot at a time especially if you are assigned more than one farm. I managed to earn enough FC to put with what I got leveling up to purchase a plow and a log truck and a few kind neighbors sent me a harvester and tree shaker. Before I had them I had problems getting hired now I can get jobs easily.

Where are you when I need help?? I have 3 farms that I ASK "Who does NOT have a combine?" Two of them are not overlapped. The other is, but it has 2 small unintimidating fields. And most times, I can't find anyone with no Tools to hire!
And my trees? They in rows, spaced just far enough that they are easily done with NO tools. Only exception is the forest, where I wanted it authentic. And if you chop there first, you can see the apple trees easily. And the option to hide things that don't need doing is awesome. When you harvest a tree, it disappears, so you don't miss trees.

theperfectnina
Dec 29 2013, 10:26 PM
I'm having problems at marketplace. I click to hire someone to work but it's not coming up whether they accept or not so I hire another. Go back to my farm and find they are both there working! Is anyone else having this problem.

I have this problem all the time, then get abusive messages from both people, then have to get someone else to complete the job. Driving me NUTS

Eradani
Dec 30 2013, 04:44 AM
what i'm getting sick of is sending a hire request and having the person ignore the request (for whatever reason), waiting a minute and hiring someone else - only to have the first person show up on your farm too.

we need Cancel Hire Request button for the people who don't respond so we know we're hiring only 1 person like we want to.

---
as for trees - i won't do trees anymore from the marketplace for 2 reasons:
a) trees spaced badly means way too many clicks for my sore hands
b) i have my own trees and don't need any products, the pay is bad, and there's no xp

ccheney
Jan 08 2014, 01:04 PM
At the very least the request should expire on it's own if it isn't answered after a minute or two at the most. I have noticed that, for me anyway, the requests that I don't get responses to right away are the ones for chopping and fishing.

I know it's been said a dozen times but there needs to be incentive to do trees and flowers and fishing . It's getting harder every day to get someone to chop my trees. My5th farm 18x18 has the most trees of all my farms and it's like pulling teeth trying to get someone to chop it for me. Yes I have a lot of trees there but it isn't stacked or overly full.It takes a minute or 2 at the most with the orange chain saw to do it. If we were given XP's to chop, shake, harvest flowers and fish more people would be willing to do these jobs.People might also be willing to use FC to get the tools needed for those jobs. Why out 40fc for a flower harvester and 35-50 FC for a fishing boat when you're not going to get much in return for the investment.

We also need a limit on how many can be hired for one job. I was hired to H/P a farm along with 4 other people with 8x8 tools and one combine. There is no need for this many people for one 26x26 farm. I'm not being greedy. But with that many people no one is getting anything out of the job. You should only be able to hire one person with tools or 2 or three who don't have tools. If you can wait 2-3 days for that crop to grow than certainly you can wait 2-3 minutes for one person with tools to harvest and plow that field for you.

blurose617
Feb 19 2014, 02:50 PM
I'm almost to the point of doing all my own work. I've got 18 farms and its impossible to find one person to do it all, unless I'm lucky enough to find someone who has all the tools and the time to do that many. However recently I've hired several farmers who don't bother to respond to the hire requests in a timely fashion, so then I move on and hire someone else and inevitably its someone who wants to work solo and then gets abusive and calling names because someone else showed up. Seriously what am I supposed to do? That kind of behavior takes the fun out of the game. Nobody is entitled to all the work on my farm but me. I'm really quite sick of the attitudes of a lot of the other players.

Just my two cents.....

KnightRider
Feb 19 2014, 03:57 PM
I'm almost to the point of doing all my own work. I've got 18 farms and its impossible to find one person to do it all, unless I'm lucky enough to find someone who has all the tools and the time to do that many. However recently I've hired several farmers who don't bother to respond to the hire requests in a timely fashion, so then I move on and hire someone else and inevitably its someone who wants to work solo and then gets abusive and calling names because someone else showed up. Seriously what am I supposed to do? That kind of behavior takes the fun out of the game. Nobody is entitled to all the work on my farm but me. I'm really quite sick of the attitudes of a lot of the other players.

Just my two cents.....

On the tools it doesn't matter what tools the other farmer has, you can let them use your tools if you have the higher up tools.

GOH
Feb 20 2014, 11:51 AM
ive tried to hire 6 of my low level neighbors today to harvest and plow allowing them to use my tools and none of them can use them when they try to use my tools it says they have to own it to use it i have all the tools and they were able to use them last week

Taz D
Feb 20 2014, 12:39 PM
ive tried to hire 6 of my low level neighbors today to harvest and plow allowing them to use my tools and none of them can use them when they try to use my tools it says they have to own it to use it i have all the tools and they were able to use them last week
Restart your farm and try again. A fix for a Flash crash was just done.

ccheney
Mar 23 2014, 12:01 AM
Not long ago I was hired to harvest plow chop and harvest trees. I got to the farm and started with the trees because for some reason that is the tool that showed up first. Immediately the employers says I need to harvest and plow first then harvest trees and then chop trees. I ignored her. She said it again this time in all caps! I SAID TO HARVEST AND PLOW FIRST! Enough was enough. I walked off the job. Anyone have a similar experience with rude or obnoxious employers?

StoneFace
Mar 23 2014, 07:18 AM
Not long ago I was hired to harvest plow chop and harvest trees. I got to the farm and started with the trees because for some reason that is the tool that showed up first. Immediately the employers says I need to harvest and plow first then harvest trees and then chop trees. I ignored her. She said it again this time in all caps! I SAID TO HARVEST AND PLOW FIRST! Enough was enough. I walked off the job. Anyone have a similar experience with rude or obnoxious employers?

maybe she was waiting to plant again and did not want to be delayed ?

anstar
Mar 23 2014, 08:50 AM
maybe she was waiting to plant again and did not want to be delayed ?
If that's the case, you get more flies with honey....
Asking the hired worker to "please harvest/plow first" is likely to get a better result than barking orders.
I've been pretty lucky so far <knock wood> no rude employers.

max_river
Mar 23 2014, 09:01 AM
it has happen to me many times. i have been sworn at and bad messages sent to me. i wish we had a thread on here about bad bosses.. i is not only the employees who are rude

Aussie Rae
Mar 23 2014, 04:59 PM

perhaps if you had not ignored her... which happens too often with workers from the Market, she would have not had to shout at you...it works both ways..employees need to respond if the farm owner is trying to communicate with them....co-operation is the name of the game..but so many seem to forget that without the employer..there would be no work on offer,..and vice versa, a good worker is hard to find these days and employers soon discover who they are and will rehire them when they see them next time at market...:)

lollipopthebunny
Mar 24 2014, 11:36 AM
I have been hired to do 20 farms an told to do ALL an when I get to the farm, they have hired OTHERS. So That is very frustrating also! Especially if I State SOLO! I think it is too hard to share with someoone that has NO tools if I have ALL tools an they are going one square at a time on a farm. I have left the farm an given up bonuses when that happens if someone shows up after i have started to work on the farms first.

I have also had issues when hiring someone an they do not respond to me when I talk to them or they go offline so they can't see the chat window an get real irritated myself! SO in some ways I can relate to what you are saying but then I also have been hired an once on the persons farm realized due to what they have done, I am not going to be able to do all of what they want becuase the farms are too packed full of EVERYTHING plus they stack the crops with x9 which means 9 tabs open when they stacked it, then they have the farm PACKED with TREES too. I can barely do two of these type farms when my computer starts bogging down plus the fact I am tired of doing it! I feel those type farms is over kill an dont choose to do those but when Someone hires they don't state that in the mrkt so you have no idea till you are there an then the employer doesn't show or leaves before a person can talk to them! I have tried to talk to them an I have also sent them messages an most of the time either get no answer back or a snotty answer back!

Rob T
Mar 24 2014, 11:38 AM
I have been hired to do 20 farms an told to do ALL an when I get to the farm, they have hired OTHERS. So That is very frustrating also! Especially if I State SOLO! I think it is too hard to share with someoone that has NO tools if I have ALL tools an they are going one square at a time on a farm. I have left the farm an given up bonuses when that happens if someone shows up after i have started to work on the farms first.

I have also had issues when hiring someone an they do not respond to me when I talk to them or they go offline so they can't see the chat window an get real irritated myself! SO in some ways I can relate to what you are saying but then I also have been hired an once on the persons farm realized due to what they have done, I am not going to be able to do all of what they want becuase the farms are too packed full of EVERYTHING plus they stack the crops with x9 which means 9 tabs open when they stacked it, then they have the farm PACKED with TREES too. I can barely do two of these type farms when my computer starts bogging down plus the fact I am tired of doing it! I feel those type farms is over kill an dont choose to do those but when Someone hires they don't state that in the mrkt so you have no idea till you are there an then the employer doesn't show or leaves before a person can talk to them! I have tried to talk to them an I have also sent them messages an most of the time either get no answer back or a snotty answer back!

Hi, just a note to say that nobody has to work with single tools anymore, all coin tools can be used, and even the employers tools, so at minimum, they can use a 3x3 :)

lollipopthebunny
Mar 24 2014, 11:47 AM
Hi, just a note to say that nobody has to work with single tools anymore, all coin tools can be used, and even the employers tools, so at minimum, they can use a 3x3 :)
What about if they are hired to do flowers or Trees? I have the big tools an when I go to check on someone there are SOME people that are still doiing ONE tree at a time or very few, when they could whip through them quickly with the larger tool.

Rob T
Mar 24 2014, 11:55 AM
What about if they are hired to do flowers or Trees? I have the big tools an when I go to check on someone there are SOME people that are still doiing ONE tree at a time or very few, when they could whip through them quickly with the larger tool.

maybe they aren't aware they can use the bigger tools, if you see them, maybe leave them a note saying they are able to do so?

ccheney
Mar 24 2014, 11:03 PM
As long as the jobs I am hired to do get done why should it matter the order in which they are done?

Shantily
Mar 25 2014, 04:59 AM
when ever I get hired to do a job i usually do the h/p first. In the old days if I was hired i'd do all the h/p first then go back to do trees or w/e else they needed done that way they can start replanting if they want and i can go on and get the other things done. for those who have lagging computers try using 'low quality" and see if it helps.. my pet peeve on working is they over hire for jobs ... 4 small farms does not need 3 people... sorry idc how fast you want them done.. takes longer when people are fighting each other.. also the ones who hire i thing at a time? I get hired to h/p get that done then go back to the market and then get rehired by the same person to do trees .. and then they want me to fish.. i message them and say you can hire all at once and get ignored.. say it in the chat as well at the market..same thing.. lots of issues for workers and employers still.. i only hire one person to do everything i need done.. i ask if they want help.. they usually say no.. i say ok but if you do let me know...:)

c.abell
Mar 25 2014, 11:29 PM
I have noticed that it is a lot easier now to hire workers and have them finish the jobs they start. It was getting kind of frustrating before; but, since all the new hiring changes and incentives, it is much easier to hire and keep employees. Thank you FT folks for all your work and great ideas.

lollipopthebunny
Mar 26 2014, 07:29 PM
maybe they aren't aware they can use the bigger tools, if you see them, maybe leave them a note saying they are able to do so?
Unfortunately Not everyone seems to look at the chat window or acknowledges any one talking to them due to either they are in magnified or they just plain ignore or don't care!

ccheney
Apr 05 2014, 05:29 PM
It would help if people wouldn't put "All Jobs" in their status and then when you hire them they say "I don't fish" or "I don't do flowers". If that is the case then, number one don't accept the job and number 2 don't advertise that you will do all jobs if you will only do certain things.

bluehair
Apr 06 2014, 12:30 AM
i dont know if any one else has this issue but when I am hired to do things like flowers and trees sometimes it can take forever sometimes I can spend up to 15 minutes on one farm because they have crops and flowers and trees (both chopping and harvesting) and doent help when they on rthe farm all higgedly piggeldy

anstar
Apr 06 2014, 10:34 AM
I'd like a way to streamline the hiring process. When I click to hire someone, I have to remember which farms are ready, and need work based on what I'm hiring for. By the time I click all the farms I want, the person I'm trying to hire is sometimes gone. A 'hire for all' button, where I could manually uncheck one if needed would be nice.

Taz D
Apr 06 2014, 10:51 AM
I'd like a way to streamline the hiring process. When I click to hire someone, I have to remember which farms are ready, and need work based on what I'm hiring for. By the time I click all the farms I want, the person I'm trying to hire is sometimes gone. A 'hire for all' button, where I could manually uncheck one if needed would be nice.
What I do to make it faster is go to the selling market, click on an avatar there, and click on multiple hire and set up what I need done and what farms. Then I click the x to close it without hiring the person. Then when I go to the hiring market I click on the one I want to hire and click on multiple hire. Everything is already set up so I just click to hire.

jzaninis
Apr 06 2014, 11:21 AM
I have been playing this game for a very long time. I stopped playing for a while while I attended college. Now I am playing again. Alot of things have changed some for the good but 1 thing I know is for the bad. When you hire people to do your jobs they don't complete them anymore because they are getting money and xp for the work already and they don't care about the bonus. So, they leave you with what they don't want to do and it makes it hard to get people to do that work because they want the crops too. Only you trusted someone else to do it all and it didn't happen. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE. Personally. I think you shouldn't get anything until the job is complete. If you accept the job that someone hires you for you should have to finish that farm before you get anything. And there are a lot of people that will agree with me because a lot of people are getting ripped off. I personally am getting tired of it. People go to your farm and are rude and say mean terrible things. And nothing is getting done to solve it. Thank you for your time.

Taz D
Apr 06 2014, 11:24 AM
I have been playing this game for a very long time. I stopped playing for a while while I attended college. Now I am playing again. Alot of things have changed some for the good but 1 thing I know is for the bad. When you hire people to do your jobs they don't complete them anymore because they are getting money and xp for the work already and they don't care about the bonus. So, they leave you with what they don't want to do and it makes it hard to get people to do that work because they want the crops too. Only you trusted someone else to do it all and it didn't happen. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE. Personally. I think you shouldn't get anything until the job is complete. If you accept the job that someone hires you for you should have to finish that farm before you get anything. And there are a lot of people that will agree with me because a lot of people are getting ripped off. I personally am getting tired of it. People go to your farm and are rude and say mean terrible things. And nothing is getting done to solve it. Thank you for your time.
I moved your post to the thread in the General Feedback about this.

ccheney
Apr 07 2014, 12:27 AM

It would also be nice to know what people will and won't do before you hire them rather than have to try to hire several people before you find someone who accepts the job.

Eradani
Apr 08 2014, 01:02 PM
It would also be nice to know what people will and won't do before you hire them rather than have to try to hire several people before you find someone who accepts the job.

I keep trying to talk people into advertising in their status at the market. You have no idea anymore what people will do.

ccheney
Apr 08 2014, 11:36 PM
I put in my status "No fishing or flowers" and people ignore it.

Eradani
Apr 10 2014, 03:28 AM
lol, i hear you there.

i wonder if the problem for some people is that they have small monitors and can't read the statuses. maybe some kind of enlarged font onMouseOver

ccheney
Apr 12 2014, 12:11 AM
I think some do it just to be annoying. I had one guy try to hire me to fish
I turned it down and said no fishing requests please. After 4 times of him repeatedly trying to hire me for fishing and turning him down and saying no fishing requests please I blocked him.

ccheney
Apr 12 2014, 01:10 AM
Now that we can borrow tools you can get an idea what jobs people will do by the tools they have, or more specifically, don't have. I've worked many farms where people have all the combines and tree chopping and tree harvesting tools but no fishing and flower harvesting tools yet their farms are loaded with water features and flowers.That suggests to me they want others to do those jobs for them but won't do them for other farmers.

anstar
Apr 13 2014, 01:33 PM
I have a lot of water features and no big boat, but that's just because it takes a long time to acquire 110 FC (the total amount needed for the turbo boat.)
I wish people would pay closer attention to the banner under the avatar too, because I put SOLO in all caps and am constantly hired to work a farm already full of workers, or a new one will drop in while I'm working. When that happens, I leave. Sometimes I leave a sizable bonus behind. I'm not greedy. Really. This game is my 'zen garden'. I do this to relax. Competing with others for limited crops, etc. is not relaxing to me. People with bigger tools run right over the top of me. In the case of the 10x10 combine, why in the world would you hire more than one person? Just to watch them scramble? No thanks.

ccheney
Apr 13 2014, 11:50 PM
I agree there is no need to hire 4-5 people for one farm especially with the larger tools. I have 6x6 harvester and plow and can do one large layered farm in roughly 5 minutes.It might take a few minutes longer if it is heavily layered. With 4-5 people everyone is just falling over each other to get at crops and no one gets a fair share. Why do some people needed everything harvested and plowed in a flash anyway? You waited several days for those crops to grow certainly you can wait a five minutes or so for someone to harvest them.

On the other side of the coin I have been hired to harvest one tree. I'm not worried about coins I have millions but that is a waste of time especially for someone who is at a lower level and needs the coins.

Lady_Catalina
Apr 14 2014, 09:22 AM
I have a question that I'm not sure has an answer. I have all green tools or larger. I hire people and give them access to my fuel and tools. But I still come back to someone occasionally who is harvesting 1x1. Is it that difficult to see the tools when you have been hired?

Taz D
Apr 14 2014, 09:53 AM
I have a question that I'm not sure has an answer. I have all green tools or larger. I hire people and give them access to my fuel and tools. But I still come back to someone occasionally who is harvesting 1x1. Is it that difficult to see the tools when you have been hired?
They may not know that they can use your tools. Many players are not members of the forums and do not know that this is available. The only thing you can do is try to let them know that the tools are available for them to use.

notaparagod
Apr 14 2014, 12:25 PM
I have a lot of water features and no big boat, but that's just because it takes a long time to acquire 110 FC (the total amount needed for the turbo boat.)
I wish people would pay closer attention to the banner under the avatar too, because I put SOLO in all caps and am constantly hired to work a farm already full of workers, or a new one will drop in while I'm working. When that happens, I leave. Sometimes I leave a sizable bonus behind. I'm not greedy. Really. This game is my 'zen garden'. I do this to relax. Competing with others for limited crops, etc. is not relaxing to me. People with bigger tools run right over the top of me. In the case of the 10x10 combine, why in the world would you hire more than one person? Just to watch them scramble? No thanks.

But..sometimes you send a hire request, wait a couple minutes, and don't get a response. So...you send someone else a hire request and then the first person you offered accepts. I won't hire more than one person intentionally, but sometimes it happens.

ccheney
Apr 14 2014, 05:23 PM
You usually are automatically given the largest tool available when you start the job. You generally don't have to choose your tool until you move on to another job on that farm ie: go from plowing to harvesting trees.

ccheney
Apr 14 2014, 05:25 PM
But..sometimes you send a hire request, wait a couple minutes, and don't get a response. So...you send someone else a hire request and then the first person you offered accepts. I won't hire more than one person intentionally, but sometimes it happens.

This is why the job offer need to expire after a minute or so without a response..

anstar
Apr 14 2014, 06:34 PM
But..sometimes you send a hire request, wait a couple minutes, and don't get a response. So...you send someone else a hire request and then the first person you offered accepts. I won't hire more than one person intentionally, but sometimes it happens.This is why the job offer need to expire after a minute or so without a response..
I agree. That is frustrating. If I return to my screen after stepping away for a bit to see a hire request, I just close it because I have no way of knowing how old it is.

ccheney
Apr 14 2014, 11:11 PM
If I have to leave the computer for a few minutes I go back to my farm before I leave it so don't keep someone who tries to hire me waiting and wondering.

anstar
Apr 15 2014, 06:10 PM
Well, if it's longer than, say, running to get a drink, I'll switch to offline. Nobody can see me and when I get back, I just click it back online again. It's faster (for me anyway.)

Eradani
Apr 15 2014, 07:19 PM
when i leave the keyboard, i go hide in the crates on the left side cause i just hate it when people don't answer and then show up when the work is done and get upset

ccheney
Apr 15 2014, 11:00 PM
Here is another reason the status message doesn't work. There are people in the marketplace who are saying "hire me" "hire me" but their status is pink which means you can't hire them. If you try you get a message saying this person doesn't want to be hired or something like that. You tell them to change their status color because they can't be hired when they are in pink but they ignore you and go on with "hire me"

illusions_fan1
Apr 16 2014, 09:39 AM
I usually tell people what I have to offer them and warn them of the fact my crops are 3xLayered, actually they're "offset" but to me this is more layered than "stacked" offset just wouldn't make sense to newbies I think and I rectify this by saying H/P (you can't really h/p 3 stacks lol) and let them know if they're fishing they have my turbo at their use.

Tonight I just asked for someone to h/p 3xLayered farms and trees for me and "comforted" the person by saying I have all the largest tools available and this girl put her hand up for the job and I don't know if she ran out of fuel or what... but after getting a nice little chunk of the chopable trees done she's going one by one... to make things worse she's gone OFFLINE to do the work so she's invisible to me... I can't even offer to rehire her and let her use my fuel [I don't choose it automatically because if people have fuel they can use theirs first before mine!] Not only that but if you're "offline" and run out of fuel why not ask the person if they can rehire you with fuel or perhaps get in help... argh! So now I have to wonder at 12.33am if she will actually go and FINISH all 4 farms [one is a tree farm and the other 3 are 3xLayered crop farms] even though it would almost drive her crazy or risk getting someone in to railroad her. Which I know sucks! However I know well enough to know that people that are faced with my farms with their 1x1 tools cause they've run out NEVER finish! I also know that if it was me I'd most likely be like yeah right I'm out... but at least *I* always send the person a message saying I'm sorry this job is too much or it's extremely late etc can you get me help or get someone to finish up.

I mostly needed to vent in this case lol!... if you go offline and you run into trouble PLEASEEEE send the farm owner a message we CANNOT contact you :( (unless for some strange reason you actually sent an inbox earlier)

KnightRider
Apr 16 2014, 10:27 AM
I usually tell people what I have to offer them and warn them of the fact my crops are 3xLayered, actually they're "offset" but to me this is more layered than "stacked" offset just wouldn't make sense to newbies I think and I rectify this by saying H/P (you can't really h/p 3 stacks lol) and let them know if they're fishing they have my turbo at their use.

Tonight I just asked for someone to h/p 3xLayered farms and trees for me and "comforted" the person by saying I have all the largest tools available and this girl put her hand up for the job and I don't know if she ran out of fuel or what... but after getting a nice little chunk of the chopable trees done she's going one by one... to make things worse she's gone OFFLINE to do the work so she's invisible to me... I can't even offer to rehire her and let her use my fuel [I don't choose it automatically because if people have fuel they can use theirs first before mine!] Not only that but if you're "offline" and run out of fuel why not ask the person if they can rehire you with fuel or perhaps get in help... argh! So now I have to wonder at 12.33am if she will actually go and FINISH all 4 farms [one is a tree farm and the other 3 are 3xLayered crop farms] even though it would almost drive her crazy or risk getting someone in to railroad her. Which I know sucks! However I know well enough to know that people that are faced with my farms with their 1x1 tools cause they've run out NEVER finish! I also know that if it was me I'd most likely be like yeah right I'm out... but at least *I* always send the person a message saying I'm sorry this job is too much or it's extremely late etc can you get me help or get someone to finish up.

I mostly needed to vent in this case lol!... if you go offline and you run into trouble PLEASEEEE send the farm owner a message we CANNOT contact you :( (unless for some strange reason you actually sent an inbox earlier)

You can keep "use your fuel" checked, they must use all of their fuel before using your fuel.

MBon
Apr 16 2014, 11:36 AM
there's a problem in the market place sometimes with people who are perpetrators who say things that are rude and downright dirty and nasty. They can hide behind their little goofy little avatars and have nothing better to do in life, they're not interested in playing the game.
We have a couple of tools we can use to deal with this, we can report them, we can click the ignore so we don't have to see or hear them.
But now we have some wise guys that hide behind the fruit stand while they perpetrate so we can't click on their avatars to report them.
please make the fruit stand go invisible like other buildings. or maybe you guys can think of something better. but do something.
I love the game. thanks

Taz D
Apr 16 2014, 11:44 AM
there's a problem in the market place sometimes with people who are perpetrators who say things that are rude and downright dirty and nasty. They can hide behind their little goofy little avatars and have nothing better to do in life, they're not interested in playing the game.
We have a couple of tools we can use to deal with this, we can report them, we can click the ignore so we don't have to see or hear them.
But now we have some wise guys that hide behind the fruit stand while they perpetrate so we can't click on their avatars to report them.
please make the fruit stand go invisible like other buildings. or maybe you guys can think of something better. but do something.
I love the game. thanks
You can make the fruit stand go invisible if you turn off buildings while you are in the market. Turning them off before going doesn't do it, but if you turn them off after you get there it will disappear.

illusions_fan1
Apr 16 2014, 07:39 PM
You can keep "use your fuel" checked, they must use all of their fuel before using your fuel.

Argh! Thank you KnightRider.
I honestly thought that it would just use your fuel straight up lol! Now I know ;)

KnightRider
Apr 16 2014, 07:40 PM
Argh! Thank you KnightRider.
I honestly thought that it would just use your fuel straight up lol! Now I know ;)

Your welcome.

ccheney
Apr 18 2014, 12:27 AM

I've had that happen. I ask if anyone wants to chop a lot of trees. I make it clear that it's a big job, 20x20 farm with lots of trees. not layered just alot of trees. People come forward and I choose someone and they chop three or four trees then leave me a message saying sorry too much. I feel like saying why did you accept the job then? Don't tell me you didn't know what you were getting into. I made it clear that it was a big job with a lot of trees. I think more people would be willing to chop/harvest trees, flowers and fish if we got XP's for it. As it is now there is no real incentive to do it.

I just had someone hire me to do 3 farms. I wasn't halfway through the first farm and he tried to hire me to do the rest of his farms. At least let me finish before you hire me to do more or better yet when you hire someone hire them for all of the farms at once.

illusions_fan1
Apr 25 2014, 04:08 AM
I've had that happen. I ask if anyone wants to chop a lot of trees. I make it clear that it's a big job, 20x20 farm with lots of trees. not layered just alot of trees. People come forward and I choose someone and they chop three or four trees then leave me a message saying sorry too much. I feel like saying why did you accept the job then? Don't tell me you didn't know what you were getting into. I made it clear that it was a big job with a lot of trees. I think more people would be willing to chop/harvest trees, flowers and fish if we got XP's for it. As it is now there is no real incentive to do it.

I just had someone hire me to do 3 farms. I wasn't halfway through the first farm and he tried to hire me to do the rest of his farms. At least let me finish before you hire me to do more or better yet when you hire someone hire them for all of the farms at once.

HAHAHA! Yes I've had this happen too! I actually had one girl decide I was only good enough to plow and do trees/flowers/fish ... most NORMAL people would just go through their farms and harvest it all then find someone to plow/trees/flowers/fish... nope not this girl I actually had to wait for her to harvest in front of me basically before I could plow... I had never felt more like sending a mean message in my life :( (or just quitting on her even...)

Qivis
Apr 25 2014, 09:16 AM
Here is another reason the status message doesn't work. There are people in the marketplace who are saying "hire me" "hire me" but their status is pink which means you can't hire them. If you try you get a message saying this person doesn't want to be hired or something like that. You tell them to change their status color because they can't be hired when they are in pink but they ignore you and go on with "hire me"

Unfortunately the developers are not able to teach people to read. :p A lot of the comments here relate to just that problem. A lot of people respond to just any hire request when they do not want what has been offered or click the wrong status update. I cannot remember the last time I hired from the market because I have 3 or 4 friends with whom I exchange jobs so that we can all avoid the market. (Of course that is part of the reason the bonuses have been offered in the market - to get people more willing to do everything!)

Dr. Dirt
Apr 25 2014, 04:56 PM
Was hired to do several farms today. When they hire for flowers, along with other things, and some of the farms don't have flowers I get a message when I try to collect the bonus saying there are flowers left. I click the green man to look at everything and there are no flowers on the farm. I am forced to leave the farm and miss the bonus. This has happened to me on more than one farm.

Taz D
Apr 25 2014, 05:57 PM
Was hired to do several farms today. When they hire for flowers, along with other things, and some of the farms don't have flowers I get a message when I try to collect the bonus saying there are flowers left. I click the green man to look at everything and there are no flowers on the farm. I am forced to leave the farm and miss the bonus. This has happened to me on more than one farm.
Try turning everything off except flowers, set the dim out to hidden, click the save and refresh that farm. Then when you come back pick up the sickle (single harvest tool). They may have a flower or two hidden.

Dr. Dirt
Apr 25 2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the help but stupid me had the flowers turned off. Can't believe I did that! Tried to get back and delete the post but was to late.

Taz D
Apr 25 2014, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the help but stupid me had the flowers turned off. Can't believe I did that! Tried to get back and delete the post but was to late.
Oops...:o:)

ccheney
Apr 26 2014, 10:59 PM
Why is it that people can hire you to work when there is no work to be done? I was just hired to do all jobs harvesting plowing fishing flowers and trees on two farms and there wasn't so much as a crop,tree or flower to harvest a tree to chop or a fish to catch on either farm.There was no one else there but me and yes I had everything turned on. I could see the trees flowers and water. It should be that you have to have work to be done before you can hire someone.

jeannejj2
May 01 2014, 10:41 PM
When I let an employee use my fuel or tools, do I have to stay on the farm they are working?

bluehair
May 01 2014, 11:05 PM
no you dont

whosyou?
May 01 2014, 11:28 PM
To add to what she just said..it is better for the employee that you are not on the farm,as that makes it lag.I always go offline mode when I hire,and my neighbors all have said they do notice the difference.:)

Eradani
May 02 2014, 12:34 AM
speaking of lag and employees, if you hire 2 people for different jobs on different farms, do they lag each other out? i kinda think not but idk for sure. i know they lag me out when i'm trying to do something else so i go offline.

beverduster
May 02 2014, 10:20 AM
most times when i work out of the market if more than 1 is hired for the job, if you start out on the same farm the other 1 likes to hop skip around the field making a mess, they think by doing that you will stay & finish they go on to the next farm to have it all by them selves, or they are scared they wont get enough and try to louse you up on what you are doing, when this happens i generally leave & send a not to whom i was working for explaining to them why i left

ccheney
Jun 17 2014, 11:47 PM
It is so frustrating to be hired to harvest and plow 16 farms and then have to click on every farm to find the two farms (farms 3 and 16) that had any H/P work to do on them.The other 14 farms all had crops that weren't ready to be harvested yet. I know I wasn't hired to do anything other than h/p because my combine was the only tool I had access to. This just happened to me a few minutes ago for the 100th time. I don't know if people are doing this on purpose or just not paying attention to what they are doing when they hire but it is annoying and frustrating and a waste of time to have to go through every farm you have to find the ones you want me to work.

JackonLI
Jun 24 2014, 04:33 PM
Letting others use your tools and fuel sounds great on the surface. But it has turned hiring people into a horror. People with 3 x 3's are lying about what they have. I hire someone and they go to my farm. While at the market I usually take a job. When I get back to my farm, hardly anything is done. I've gone back to hire someone 3 times and still got screwed. I ask specifically for someone with Large tools. One person said dhe had all large tools. When she got through the 1st farm, she asked if she could use my tools AND fuel. I refused and reminded her that she said she had everything. She copped an attitude with me. Bad idea! What's the advantage to me to let them use my tools and my fuel? And the comment in one of the first posts in this thread, by Taz that the incentive for people to buy large tools was so they can use them on their own farms. Really? How about they just hire someone to do it? I'm thinking your revenue is going to start dropping.

Dutch85
Jun 24 2014, 04:43 PM
Letting others use your tools and fuel sounds great on the surface. But it has turned hiring people into a horror. People with 3 x 3's are lying about what they have. I hire someone and they go to my farm. While at the market I usually take a job. When I get back to my farm, hardly anything is done. I've gone back to hire someone 3 times and still got screwed. I ask specifically for someone with Large tools. One person said dhe had all large tools. When she got through the 1st farm, she asked if she could use my tools AND fuel. I refused and reminded her that she said she had everything. She copped an attitude with me. Bad idea! What's the advantage to me to let them use my tools and my fuel? And the comment in one of the first posts in this thread, by Taz that the incentive for people to buy large tools was so they can use them on their own farms. Really? How about they just hire someone to do it? I'm thinking your revenue is going to start dropping.

The advantage to me, is that my farms are all getting done by the people I hire in the market. I had stopped hiring from the market and started doing all my own work...then the devs made it so we could share our tools and fuel. This has turned out to be the best thing since sliced bread! I am hiring in the market everyday now and no one is turning down the work-including FISHING! My tools are more valuable to me now that I can share them with the people I hire. You can nitpick about not sharing the tools you paid hard cold cash for, and I will share tools and fuel and get all my work done with no headaches. ;)

whosyou?
Jun 24 2014, 04:50 PM

To add to what Dutch said....if I have fuel and the tools...and I hire others to do the work on my farms...what good are my tools and fuels if I do not let the workers use them?I am so confused as to why you WOULDN'T let others use them.:confused:

Eradani
Jun 25 2014, 02:45 AM
To add to what Dutch said....if I have fuel and the tools...and I hire others to do the work on my farms...what good are my tools and fuels if I do not let the workers use them?I am so confused as to why you WOULDN'T let others use them.:confused:

well said.

also, if you hire someone with fuel, but not quite enough fuel for your big job, then they can finish and you don't have to spend another 10 minutes going to the market and finding someone else to hire.

i don't think they're going to lose money on this idea at all. after using other people's big combines, i got spoiled and never wanted to have to use a 5x5 again and bought 500fc to upgrade everything to 8x8.

there's so many facilities, tools, and toys (green hand) for people to buy that a new person is really at a disadvantage.

i started playing my daughter's farm and it's taken me to lvl 400 to get 6x6 seeder, combine, fuel and 8x4 shake. and i didn't make any mistakes like my friend who didn't know about the Need Neighbors thread here who used FC to unlock farm 3 and the newbie i saw the other day (lvl 40ish) who had a Flower Shop on 1 of her 2 farms and about 100 flowers in the corner.

if we want new people to keep playing the game, we have to make it a little easier on them than hiring them with their 1x1s.

ccheney
Jun 25 2014, 11:12 PM
Letting others use your tools and fuel sounds great on the surface. But it has turned hiring people into a horror. People with 3 x 3's are lying about what they have. I hire someone and they go to my farm. While at the market I usually take a job. When I get back to my farm, hardly anything is done. I've gone back to hire someone 3 times and still got screwed. I ask specifically for someone with Large tools. One person said she had all large tools. When she got through the 1st farm, she asked if she could use my tools AND fuel. I refused and reminded her that she said she had everything. She copped an attitude with me. Bad idea! What's the advantage to me to let them use my tools and my fuel? And the comment in one of the first posts in this thread, by Taz that the incentive for people to buy large tools was so they can use them on their own farms. Really? How about they just hire someone to do it? I'm thinking your revenue is going to start dropping.

People say they have the large tools because people like you won't hire them otherwise. They could be new players who don't have enough FC to buy them. Maybe they can't afford to buy FC to buy tools with them. The earn free FC offers aren't worth the trouble.

bluehair
Jun 26 2014, 06:00 AM
being able to hire someone and let them use your tools can work to your advantage it means you dont have to worry if they have the big tools or not before you were able to do that I would ask in the market place if anyone had large tools as I had several farms like 20 or so to harvest and plow the number of times people woudl say ooh me you go to hire them only to fin dhtem doing one plot at a time!!!!

it also means they can get a lot of experience in one go.

I havent int eh last few weeks let people use my fuel as I like to save that for my own sowing

barbara nixon
Jun 26 2014, 04:43 PM
gee. back in the day when farmtown first started it was a race to get enuf xp to level up.so naturally we would want to do it all by ourselves....those were the days when it was 1 by 1 ata time to do the work and work we did...lol..i wore out the clicker on my mouse clicking so much and all the talk here is pretty petty compared to that..hire the way u want , but remember alot of folks are just starting out and need the xp...now that i have all the big tools i do it all myself, much easier...it's become like retirement., i just mosey along relaxed on my farm doin the work..this is the easiest gamer on fb as far as i'm concerned..hardly anything goes wrong and when it does it gets fixed asap....

barbara nixon
Jun 26 2014, 05:05 PM
i can understand wy a person doesn't want to do trees..u don't get a whole lot from them, no xp..i don't usually work for anyone anymore, i don't need xp , but a new neighbor was posting asking if anyone would like to help, one person couldn't get their farm to load so i offered.,..i have a big comp and lots of ram but let me tell u, solid trees on 5 farms...bogged down the server so bad it took me an hr to do them..i have a farm with lots of trees but they r not in solid row from one end to the other.so i don't have that prob.....i don't get it why some people think they have to have so many..this person even had them spread with manuer.. so they couldn't have needed them..

ccheney
Jun 26 2014, 08:45 PM
gee. back in the day when farmtown first started it was a race to get enuf xp to level up.so naturally we would want to do it all by ourselves....those were the days when it was 1 by 1 ata time to do the work and work we did...lol..i wore out the clicker on my mouse clicking so much and all the talk here is pretty petty compared to that..hire the way u want , but remember alot of folks are just starting out and need the xp...now that i have all the big tools i do it all myself, much easier...it's become like retirement., i just mosey along relaxed on my farm doin the work..this is the easiest gamer on fb as far as i'm concerned..hardly anything goes wrong and when it does it gets fixed asap....

Back when FarmTown started out there was no layering, no 38x38 farms and only one farm per person so you could easily harvest and plow 1 plot at a time in the same time it takes now to do several layered farms with big tools. Now that we can have up to 23 farms and enlarge them to 38x38 and can stack and layer them it is near impossible for a new player to harvest and plow without tools. One would have to play for nearly 24 hrs straight to do all 23 farms 1 plot at a time especially if they are layered. No one can do that and it's unrealistic to even think that it can be done. That is why I don't mind letting people use my tools and fuel. It gives the newer players who are unable to get tools a chance to advance in the game to where they can get their own tools.

linda rae
Jun 30 2014, 04:43 PM
hi
i was needing help in finding the news feed about the pros of hiring someone to harvest plow and the con if you do everything yourself ... thanks ...:o

Taz D
Jun 30 2014, 05:47 PM
hi
i was needing help in finding the news feed about the pros of hiring someone to harvest plow and the con if you do everything yourself ... thanks ...:o
I moved your post to the discussion of hiring and hiring practices thread in general feedback. Read through this thread for the information you are looking for.

ccheney
Jul 05 2014, 03:42 PM
Hiring from the market place has become a nightmare. I hired someone at around one pm today to harvest 4 farms of wheat. They accepted the job and I went with them to the farm so I know they got there. When I went back to my farms about 20 minutes ago I found nothing had been done. I went to the market place to hire someone else I had to go through 4 people before I got a response back. The person who responded only did one of the 4 farms. I just hired another person so far she is still there working.

I have seen so many people state that they will only harvest acorn squash, or they say they will do all jobs but when you hire them for a low paying crop like raspberries they leave without doing anything.

It is nearly impossible to get anyone to do trees or fish because there is no real incentive to do them. They don't pay much and you get no XP's for it so I usually wind up doing my own trees.

Another thing I am seeing more and more of is when I am hired with several people to do multiple jobs on a farm we all harvest/plow together then the others stand around and wait until I do the trees/ flowers or fish so they can get the bonus for what they harvested. I asked them to help and I was ignored. Once I asked them to help and got no response so I went offline to see what would happen if they thought I left, they immediately left without collecting the bonus. I continued on with the job.

Eradani
Jul 06 2014, 02:29 AM
Another thing I am seeing more and more of is when I am hired with several people to do multiple jobs on a farm we all harvest/plow together then the others stand around and wait until I do the trees/ flowers or fish so they can get the bonus for what they harvested. I asked them to help and I was ignored. Once I asked them to help and got no response so I went offline to see what would happen if they thought I left, they immediately left without collecting the bonus. I continued on with the job.

hehe.

as for not harvesting anything but acorns - bah, coins are cheap, xp is expensive. double xp (with bonus) ... priceless.

WoobieHugs
Jul 11 2014, 01:32 PM
I have a small group of folks on my buddy list that I will hire to deal with my farms... if they aren't available, I'll do it myself if I have the available time. If I don't, I wade into the nightmarish waters that is the hiring marketplace.

I tend not to hire anyone who is chronically blathering "hire me plssssssssssss" (and the like)... or those who will only do certain things, or insist on working solo. Quite frankly, you want to be hired, then freaking suck it up and do whatever you're asked to do when someone hires you to work on their farm(s). Be GRATEFUL that someone hired you in the first place.

I HATE going to the marketplace to look for someone to work my farms. I'm sorry, but beggars *shouldn't* be choosers, IMO.

Sorry, I'll step down off my soapbox now. :D Have a great weekend, all!

Dutch85
Jul 11 2014, 08:02 PM
I have a small group of folks on my buddy list that I will hire to deal with my farms... if they aren't available, I'll do it myself if I have the available time. If I don't, I wade into the nightmarish waters that is the hiring marketplace.

I tend not to hire anyone who is chronically blathering "hire me plssssssssssss" (and the like)... or those who will only do certain things, or insist on working solo. Quite frankly, you want to be hired, then freaking suck it up and do whatever you're asked to do when someone hires you to work on their farm(s). Be GRATEFUL that someone hired you in the first place.

I HATE going to the marketplace to look for someone to work my farms. I'm sorry, but beggars *shouldn't* be choosers, IMO.

Sorry, I'll step down off my soapbox now. :D Have a great weekend, all!

I have no problem at all hiring in the marketplace...BUT I stopped being choosy about who I hire. I found that if I am offended about what people ask for, it's a great waste of time. I stopped "screening" the potential employee and just hire whoever is there. I rarely get turned down even when I hire for chopping and fishing. What do I care if they beg for work? I'm not there to judge people, just to get my farms worked.:)

ccheney
Jul 12 2014, 12:12 AM
I have no problem at all hiring in the marketplace...BUT I stopped being choosy about who I hire. I found that if I am offended about what people ask for, it's a great waste of time. I stopped "screening" the potential employee and just hire whoever is there. I rarely get turned down even when I hire for chopping and fishing. What do I care if they beg for work? I'm not there to judge people, just to get my farms worked.:)

It isn't the begging so much as it is that they don't do what they say they will do. For instance they are begging to harvest and plow anything or say they will do any and all jobs but when you hire them and they see that you have a small crop or a crop that doesn't pay much or a forest of trees they leave without doing anything. Don't beg for jobs that you have no intention of doing.

The polite thing to do if you find that a job is overwhelming and you can't finish it,or for whatever reason you can't finish it send a note to the employer apologizing for not finishing because it turned out to be than you can handle or whatever. I have done that. I recently was hired to among other jobs fish on a farm and this person had at least 1000 ponds stacked on a 30x30 farm. The only fishing tool I had was the blue boat. I fished for nearly 20 minutes and wasn't even a quarter of the way through it.I had to quit and sent a note explaining why. Had I kept at it it probably would have taken several hours to finish it.

bluehair
Jul 12 2014, 06:16 AM
I am finding that it takes me forever to do trees or flowers and that is even with the big trees.

just before someone hired me to chop trees on 12 farms I only go to do half of them before someone else had finished the other half.

it can take me a good 5-10 minutes just to complete one farm

dont have the same issue when it comes to harvesting and plowing

WoobieHugs
Jul 12 2014, 05:31 PM

It's not so much being "offended"... I just think it's lame.

Dutch85
Jul 13 2014, 05:41 PM
It isn't the begging so much as it is that they don't do what they say they will do. For instance they are begging to harvest and plow anything or say they will do any and all jobs but when you hire them and they see that you have a small crop or a crop that doesn't pay much or a forest of trees they leave without doing anything. Don't beg for jobs that you have no intention of doing.

The polite thing to do if you find that a job is overwhelming and you can't finish it,or for whatever reason you can't finish it send a note to the employer apologizing for not finishing because it turned out to be than you can handle or whatever. I have done that. I recently was hired to among other jobs fish on a farm and this person had at least 1000 ponds stacked on a 30x30 farm. The only fishing tool I had was the blue boat. I fished for nearly 20 minutes and wasn't even a quarter of the way through it.I had to quit and sent a note explaining why. Had I kept at it it probably would have taken several hours to finish it.

I understand what you are saying. I just don't have the problems you are talking about and I hire from the market everyday. Every once in a while I do have someone not finish a job, but it's very rare. I am seeing people I hire still not understanding that they can use my tools, and there is no amount of explaining to them that helps. But that doesn't happen too often to cause any problems for me.

max_river
Jul 14 2014, 11:41 AM
you k now it is not only emplees that are rude i ran it to many emplerrs that are rude. and comment on that long post. you have give few seconds to answer sometimes they dont get request that fast..

Sandy Mae
Jul 14 2014, 12:36 PM
My problems with hiring in the Market Place is hiring some one who only works 1 farm and and then leaves. I make a big deal when I hire some one that completes their job all of the way. But will have to go back to the market and try again. There is also the problem of them missing 1 or 2 things on any of my farms. So I then have to follow them and finish those things.

mrschar
Jul 14 2014, 01:02 PM
Like WoobieHugs, I prefer to hire neighbors. I also do not hire "blathering" requests. They are annoying. But I understand why some people only want to work solo or do only certain things. They, like me, may have worked with another farmer who is greedy or is a novice or young and messes up a farm. I don't have the big tools--all I have is a 5x5 combine and a green fishing boat. No tools for flowers or trees. If you hire me for EVERYTHING on EVERY farm, it is going to take me over an hour to complete the job. I am a diligent worker, and go back to each farm more than once trying out different tools to make sure I have not overlooked anything. If I don't read the Hire Request carefully before accepting, I may not remember what all I was hired for. Yes, being able to use the Hiring Farmer's tools helps, IF THEY HAVE THEM, but it still take time. FarmTown is not my job. I have a job and a husband and home that needs some attention. I can only farm in the evenings and some on weekends. Personally, I'd prefer someone hiring me for one or two jobs on all of their farms-makes it easier for me to remember what I was hired for and make sure I finish it, without spending my entire evening on their farms. I need some time to plant, design, and work my own facilities!
Back to the "Blathering" requests. Occasionally I hire one. I like to help novice farmers move up and that's what they generally are. But I never hire them for multiple jobs! I hire them to H&P, using my 5x5 combine for no more than 4 farms, and preferably not large complex farms. that helps them, and it is something they can probably handle. But I do not hire them and get off the farm. I go back occasionally to check up on them so I can re-hire if necessary.
That's my prospective. Now, I will work on my quest.

leslikay62963
Jul 18 2014, 11:32 AM
Woobie I am looking for some new neighbors, I quit playing for about 2 years and have started back up again, now all my old neighbors have quit too!! I am almost level 400 and have most tools, and I hate trying to hire at marketplace, and I won't hire the people who change their status and only want certain things or who constantly are begging to be hired... I think they are asking for work, they should take what they get... So looking for like-minded people to add, can I add you or you add me to your buddy list?? If so, I will post link to my farm....

WoobieHugs
Jul 18 2014, 11:43 AM
Woobie I am looking for some new neighbors, I quit playing for about 2 years and have started back up again, now all my old neighbors have quit too!! I am almost level 400 and have most tools, and I hate trying to hire at marketplace, and I won't hire the people who change their status and only want certain things or who constantly are begging to be hired... I think they are asking for work, they should take what they get... So looking for like-minded people to add, can I add you or you add me to your buddy list?? If so, I will post link to my farm....

I sent you a private message. :)

leslikay62963
Jul 18 2014, 11:46 AM
I am also wondering what is the etiquette on allowing others to use your fuel and tools?? This is new since the last time I played this game, so not sure... On the fuel, I feel that they are helping me and if I had to do it myself, I'd be using my fuel, but at the same time, they are getting bonuses and xp for helping me, so the trade off would be they use their own fuel?? Right now, I allow my fuel to be used, but have noticed most farms I work at, I am using the employers fuel, not mine... Also, wondering about allowing use of my tools?? The only thing I can see as a drawback is that I am the one who spent the real actual cash to buy them, so why should I give someone else the ability to use mine, if they can't get their own?? Is that the reasoning?? Just wanting the latest etiquette LOL

Taz D
Jul 18 2014, 11:59 AM
I am also wondering what is the etiquette on allowing others to use your fuel and tools?? This is new since the last time I played this game, so not sure... On the fuel, I feel that they are helping me and if I had to do it myself, I'd be using my fuel, but at the same time, they are getting bonuses and xp for helping me, so the trade off would be they use their own fuel?? Right now, I allow my fuel to be used, but have noticed most farms I work at, I am using the employers fuel, not mine... Also, wondering about allowing use of my tools?? The only thing I can see as a drawback is that I am the one who spent the real actual cash to buy them, so why should I give someone else the ability to use mine, if they can't get their own?? Is that the reasoning?? Just wanting the latest etiquette LOL
The employee uses their own fuel until they run out and only then do you use the employers fuel if they have allowed that.

Eradani
Jul 18 2014, 12:01 PM
i was leery of letting people use my fuel until i refueled and got 15 million fuel. when you're not working the market, it builds up pretty good. so i've checked that box and will leave it checked.

i'm also thinking that if someone runs out of fuel while working for me, it will be much easier for both of us if i've allowed them to use my fuel to finish.

i immediately checked Let employees use my tools when it came out as i know how many weeks of carpal tunnel aggravating clicking it takes to build up enough xp to buy tools. i also know it costs 480 FC to buy what i consider (with my sore hands) to be the minimum of 8x8 seeder, combine. not to mention a shaker, chainsaw, flower picker. and then if you want a boat or fertilizer or irrigator...

this game is aging and new people can only benefit us all. however, keeping new people frustrated doesn't help anyone. so... use my tools and fuel and stick around till you can it pay forward.

leslikay62963
Jul 18 2014, 12:08 PM
That is my feeling too, Eradani, I let them use my tools because it takes a while to build up and know the feeling on the carpal tunnel!!! I was just wondering because I had read other people stating that they won't allow others to use theirs, so was just wondering what their motivation was for that, but didn't want to seem dumb and ask!!! I will continue allowing the use of my tools and fuel, since that seems to be the majority sentiment... thanks!!

marymarcel
Jul 18 2014, 12:24 PM

Hi!!

If you are looking for neighbors, you need to post in the following thread

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

Please read the first post, first page of that thread for instruction on how to get a link to your facebook profile.:)

ccheney
Jul 18 2014, 01:11 PM
That is my feeling too, Eradani, I let them use my tools because it takes a while to build up and know the feeling on the carpal tunnel!!! I was just wondering because I had read other people stating that they won't allow others to use theirs, so was just wondering what their motivation was for that, but didn't want to seem dumb and ask!!! I will continue allowing the use of my tools and fuel, since that seems to be the majority sentiment... thanks!!

Exactly since playing as we all did when we first started harvesting/plowing one plow at a time, one tree at a time etc.. isn't really doable anymore. With the size of the farms now, and multiple farms and the layering it would take hours for someone with no tools to do one 30x30 farm that has layered crops and forests of trees let. They would be working 24 hrs straight if they were hired for all 23 farms.

I have noticed something when I have been hired to do all jobs. More often than not the person who hires me has the largest available harvest/plow tools and combines and tree tools but no fishing or flower tools other than the coin tools. The few I have asked have all said the same thing. They aren't worth buying because you get nothing for it.
Would more people buy the fishing and flower tools if there was more incentive to do these jobs?

KnightRider
Jul 18 2014, 01:19 PM
Exactly since playing as we all did when we first started harvesting/plowing one plow at a time, one tree at a time etc.. isn't really doable anymore. With the size of the farms now, and multiple farms and the layering it would take hours for someone with no tools to do one 30x30 farm that has layered crops and forests of trees let. They would be working 24 hrs straight if they were hired for all 23 farms.

I have noticed something when I have been hired to do all jobs. More often than not the person who hires me has the largest available harvest/plow tools and combines and tree tools but no fishing or flower tools other than the coin tools. The few I have asked have all said the same thing. They aren't worth buying because you get nothing for it.
Would more people buy the fishing and flower tools if there was more incentive to do these jobs?

Since they allowed coin tools to be used I can't see anyone with no tools, work a few neighbors facilities and you should be able to get enough coins to purchase the 3x3 tools, it isn't as good as using the 4x4's up to the 12x12's, but it is better than nothing until they can purchase the FC tools. They can plant a field or two of Acorn Squash and get enough for some or all of the higher coin tools.

Eradani
Jul 18 2014, 04:07 PM
if someone has a 24x24 farm that is fully plowed with only 1 layer:

tool - clicks to h/p
1x1 - 2048
3x3 - 242
4x4 - 128
5x5 - 72
5x5 combine - 49
6x6 combine - 36
8x8 combine - 16
10x10 combine - 16
12x12 combine - 9

i just can't imagine hiring someone and forcing them to do 100+ clicks because i won't let them use my combine.

turbo terry
Jul 19 2014, 05:36 AM
most of my farms are large (34 X 34 or 36 X 36) single layer - the reason I bought the tools was to work faster - it costs me nothing to allow the employee to use my tools and allows them to finish faster - kind of a no brainer to allow the use.
regarding fuel - there are many tasks that require fuel - I prefer to have the one person I hire finish everything they are hired for - if they run out of fuel and go away then I have to go back to the market place and rehire - it's been almost a year since I refueled and with 19 oil pumps 4 refineries and 5 trains I'm sure that after I refuel it'll be another year or so before I have to do it again - as far as etiquette is concerned if you appreciate having the option of using someone else's fuel should you run out mid-job then allowing use of your own fuel should also be a no-brainer.

Gunpower
Jul 19 2014, 07:13 AM

Be generous and let your employers use your tools, there are far from everyone who can afford to buy tools... I have all the tools and prefer to hire those who have non and low levels, helping and sharing is what I enjoy most in this game, I remember very well how it was when I started.:)

Gunpower
Jul 19 2014, 04:48 PM
most of my farms are large (34 X 34 or 36 X 36) single layer - the reason I bought the tools was to work faster - it costs me nothing to allow the employee to use my tools and allows them to finish faster - kind of a no brainer to allow the use.
regarding fuel - there are many tasks that require fuel - I prefer to have the one person I hire finish everything they are hired for - if they run out of fuel and go away then I have to go back to the market place and rehire - it's been almost a year since I refueled and with 19 oil pumps 4 refineries and 5 trains I'm sure that after I refuel it'll be another year or so before I have to do it again - as far as etiquette is concerned if you appreciate having the option of using someone else's fuel should you run out mid-job then allowing use of your own fuel should also be a no-brainer.

The main reason I have bought tools is because all the clicking made my right arm hurt, kind of static pain... I am sure I am not the only one. As I enjoy FT but do not want either me nor employers to suffer from an "industrial injury" I share my tools... I share my fuel too. :)

ccheney
Aug 07 2014, 07:19 PM
Am I the only one who is finding it harder and harder to get an employee to finish what they start? I am doing more and more of my own harvesting/plowing and other jobs because those I hire don't finish the jobs I hire them for. They accept the job, turn up on the farm and then leave without doing anything or only do the harvesting/plowing and leave the trees, flowers etc.. I almost lost two sugarcane farms today because the person I hired came and left without doing anything. I went to the farm with the employee so I know she was there and she was still there when I left I shouldn't have to babysit those I hire to make sure they do the job.

anstar
Aug 09 2014, 11:05 AM
no, I have the same problem. I had to go back three times before I finally got someone who finished. I don't stay on the farm to babysit because it slows them down but when I notice the pop up 'xxx placed in your storage' message not showing up, I start looking for them. Then it's off to the market to hire someone else, or just finish it myself if the crop is about to go to waste. So frustrating.

leslikay62963
Aug 14 2014, 09:40 AM
I have had a couple of times, where I was hired, and when I got to the farm and tried to start working, the game froze and kicked me out... So I was not able to go back without being rehired... That could be happening some of the time for you guys... I also have found that some people don't like the 9X layers, so I will ask who wants my work before I hire someone, and tell them what I have and take the first person who volunteers... I don't like to work with other people because everybody is telling each other what they want to do, and I don't listen to them, I do what I was hired to do... And you can't get your bonus until all the work you were hired for is completed, so if you leave, you lose that, so I think people are probably getting kicked from the game...

leslikay62963
Aug 14 2014, 09:44 AM
Also, a tip to people trying to get hired-- do NOT change your status message to PINK, it needs to be RED... I've seen a lot of people trying to make their message stand out from everybody else, so they choose the pink, which is for when you are there to HIRE not working... And if anybody tried to click on you to hire, they get a message saying you are only there to hire... And I know they are there wanting to work because they have changed their status message to list out everything they want to do... So if you are wondering why you don't get hired, that's why...

ccheney
Aug 14 2014, 02:03 PM
Once of twice maybe but I don't believe they are being booted every single time I hire someone. My farms aren't heavily layered. I have 3x crop layers at most. Not all of my farms are layered. No stacked trees,buildings or anything else on any farm. My largest farm is 24x24. Most are 18x18. The people I choose for the layered crops have in their status that they will do layers.

As for the pink status I think it needs to be reworded. People see "Hire" and think it means Hire Me and not I am here to hire someone. They don't bother reading the whole thing when they choose it. That being said I have changed my status to pink to avoid being hired while trying to hire someone to work for me and I still get hire requests even though it has been pink for several minutes so It isn't like they sent the request before I changed it. It was pink for too long.

anstar
Aug 14 2014, 06:31 PM
I always say exactly what work I'm needing done and try to hire whoever offers. I say "try" because I've discovered there are a lot of poachers in the market...especially if you're looking for someone to fish. When I try to hire for fishing, someone will offer, and before I can finish my request, <poof> they've vanished. Someone with faster fingers has hired them out from under me. :mad: So frustrating.

Taz D
Aug 14 2014, 06:45 PM
I always say exactly what work I'm needing done and try to hire whoever offers. I say "try" because I've discovered there are a lot of poachers in the market...especially if you're looking for someone to fish. When I try to hire for fishing, someone will offer, and before I can finish my request, <poof> they've vanished. Someone with faster fingers has hired them out from under me. :mad: So frustrating.
I have found that if I go to the selling market, click on someone there, set up my hire for what I want done and what farms, then close it before clicking to send that will save the set up for me. Then all I have to do is go to the hiring market and I am all set to hire and don't have to waste time setting it up, but just click to send.

Eradani
Aug 14 2014, 07:19 PM
I have found that if I go to the selling market, click on someone there, set up my hire for what I want done and what farms, then close it before clicking to send that will save the set up for me. Then all I have to do is go to the hiring market and I am all set to hire and don't have to waste time setting it up, but just click to send.

yes this and setting my status to pink while there means i don't get those extra requests when i go to the hiring market

anstar
Aug 14 2014, 10:39 PM
Even doing that first, sometimes they still get snatched out from under me. I don't lose quite as many, since I learned that little trick, but I and my computer and old and slow. :)

ccheney
Aug 14 2014, 11:57 PM
There are also people in the MP who will put out a hire request for all jobs on all farms and when you get to the farms you find after going through 23 farms that there is no work or only one of the farms has a small amount of work or you are hired to harvest trees and you get to the farm and there is only one tree to harvest. I have had all of these happen many times. They are only doing it to clear the MP to make it easier to get a job.

RandomReader40
Aug 15 2014, 07:45 AM
I had run into that one time also. Or at least something similar. It was very aggravating.

anstar
Aug 15 2014, 07:04 PM
I will usually leave a note letting them know that there is no work on their farms and leave after I run into three farms in a row like that. I don't care if there are still 20 blue ones lit up waiting.

I really wish one of the updates would put some kind of restriction on that, where you get a flag of some kind telling you that there is no work available, even down to "there are no fish ready, etc" so you can't hire for 'that' farm. It wouldn't stop the ones who hire you to harvest one tree, but it's better than nothing.

carolann43
Aug 15 2014, 07:06 PM
I leave a job and a message when I don't get the bonus. Why have it? Has happened all day today to me. Will be another 6 months before I go back. I just did a field of trees....chopping. Not one tree was standing...I refreshed the farm 3 times. Not one tree. But when I clicked to get the bonus, it said trees were still there. Apologized to farmer and lefted.

ccheney
Aug 20 2014, 11:52 PM
I've just left the market place. People there are begging for jobs. "Hire me" or "Will do anything" and some "H/P only" I tried hiring 5 people, those who posted "hire me" or "will do anything",to do trees, flowers and fish as I have no crops ready to harvest at this time. Every single one turned me down yet they are begging for any job. It doesn't make sense. Don't say you will do anything if you won't. Don't beg for any type of job if you don't plan to accept what is offered to you.

firegold flames
Aug 23 2014, 11:59 PM
I've just left the market place. People there are begging for jobs. "Hire me" or "Will do anything" and some "H/P only" I tried hiring 5 people, those who posted "hire me" or "will do anything",to do trees, flowers and fish as I have no crops ready to harvest at this time. Every single one turned me down yet they are begging for any job. It doesn't make sense. Don't say you will do anything if you won't. Don't beg for any type of job if you don't plan to accept what is offered to you.

i agree with you on your feedback , sometime people will ask for any job but sometime
they forget to mention forest trees or either no tools - this is my perceptive or perception .
As what you comment , you said it doesn't make sense - i agree with this .

Eradani
Aug 24 2014, 12:53 AM
don't forget there's a lot of people who don't know what they're doing yet, a lot of different viewpoints on etiquette, and limited characters to make your "ad" for working. but generally, i agree that if you say "will do any job", you should actually do any job.

it would also be helpful if there was some standard shorthand for NF (no fuel) or F+ (millions of fuel) but i think it would be a truly heroic task to start a universally understood shorthand especially since Fuel, Fish, and Flowers all start with F.

ccheney
Aug 24 2014, 08:22 PM
Another frustrating thing I am seeing more and more is people picking and choosing what they will harvest once they get to my farm. They'll harvest the crop and apple trees on one farm and leave the acacia and on the next farm they harvest the trees and certain flowers and leave the rest of the flowers because they don't need them. I actually lost a crop for this reason. I figured they were there so they would do the job so I left. I came back a few hours later to a ruined crop yet trees were harvested and chopped. I shouldn't have to stay and babysit those I hire.

ccheney
Aug 24 2014, 08:25 PM
don't forget there's a lot of people who don't know what they're doing yet, a lot of different viewpoints on etiquette, and limited characters to make your "ad" for working. but generally, i agree that if you say "will do any job", you should actually do any job.

it would also be helpful if there was some standard shorthand for NF (no fuel) or F+ (millions of fuel) but i think it would be a truly heroic task to start a universally understood shorthand especially since Fuel, Fish, and Flowers all start with F.

It would probably be impossible because of the many different languages spoken by the farmers. Not all of us speak English.

RandomReader40
Aug 24 2014, 09:28 PM
ccheney so sorry to hear that you are having issues with people not doing everything. I try my best to do everything unless theres way to many farms to do. Wish I could help you out but guess it won't work out if we are in different time zones and I don't look to often in the marketplace.

dnana
Aug 25 2014, 08:05 PM
ccheney so sorry to hear that you are having issues with people not doing everything. I try my best to do everything unless theres way to many farms to do. Wish I could help you out but guess it won't work out if we are in different time zones and I don't look to often in the marketplace.

Plus, don't forget, there is a marketplace for each server, so you would have to be on the same server to hire each other.

These problems have always been there, I was complaining about them years ago. You will always have people who don't know how to play/don't care about ettiquette/lie to get what they want and you will have to babysit to a certain extent until you know if they are good workers or not or accept certain losses. There are also many, many, good workers in the market and I work very hard to be one of their number and have made some of them my friends and neighbors. It's a lot like real life, actually. :)

anstar
Aug 28 2014, 08:53 PM
That problem is why I wish there was a way (and I'm not a programmer so I have no idea if it's even possible) to set up something like the pop up you get in the market. I envision it a little like this.
I hire you to harvest crops, trees and flowers but I stay in the market, or maybe go to another of my own farms or off to harvest for someone else, just as long as I stay logged on to FT.
If you leave without finishing the 'mayor' pops up on my screen and says, "XXX has departed Farm ZZ. The following tasks were not completed... trees harvest...flowers harvest... Would you like to hire another farmer?" Then it's already set up. All you have to do is click on someone. Maybe as a reward, whoever does the cleanup could collect the full bonus that the first one abandoned.
I put this dream in the suggestion thread but it's just a dream and a very rough one at that. Doesn't even take into account hiring multiple workers.
I dunno. <shrug>

WendyP57
Sep 03 2014, 11:05 PM
Hi. just been reading some of the previous posts re solo hiring. Afraid I am one who likes to work solo, only because I generally find that I seem to be able to perform tasks I was hired for a lot faster than the other people who have been hired.
Several times I have been abused by other workers, called some very nasty names just because I completed more of the work than they did.
On several occasions I have only done half of the work and tried to wait for the other worker to complete the other half so that I can still collect my share of the bonus,this can result in standing around twiddling my thumbs for 5 or 10 minutes.
When I am hired now, first I check to see if there are other workers, and how fast/slow they work, if I know Im going to take more than half the work, or have to wait around for them to catch up I message the hirer, thank them for the opportunity and let them know that I will leave the work to the other person/people hired and why I am doing so.
Usually I get a message back thanking me for letting them know what has happened.
if people put me on ignore for asking for solo work, then they possibly would have found me leaving their farm before the work was completed :)

anstar
Sep 04 2014, 11:07 PM
I ask for solo work only, not because I'm greedy, but because I've discovered that having another person (even the one who hired me) on the farm with me will bog me down. And if the farm has layers, or lots of trees, forget it. Add another person and I'm frozen in place.
I'll admit I dislike being overrun by someone with larger tools, and the frantic scurrying around to get "your fair share" that happens on shared jobs sometimes, but I hate having to "end task" because it craters, even more.

ccheney
Sep 05 2014, 12:58 AM
I ask for solo work too. I have the green combine. I have worked with people who have larger tools and they have finished their share of the farm we were both on and finished the other 22 farms before I could finish the first farm. That is unfair. Also I find that with too many people that we are falling over each other to get our fair share. Really with the tools we have it isn't really necessary to hire more than one person or maybe two if you have a heavily layered farm. If there are three or more workers on the farm I just leave. I don't bother starting the work.

I have also had people harvest and plow with me and then stand around and wait for me to finish the other jobs, trees, flowers, and or fishing so they can collect their bonus for the part of the job they did. One time I saw the others standing around so I went offline and did nothing, just waited and watched. They thought I left so they left without collecting the bonus. I came back online and continued working.

Another trick I do is when there is someone else there and there are all farms listed I go to the last farm and work my way up the list. While the other person works their way down the list. I usually meet the other worker somewhere in the middle so we each got our fair share that way.

vaf102
Oct 09 2014, 11:37 AM
I always come to the marketplace to hire workers for my farm but at times, some people end up working my farm when I never hired them...It happened again today and I'm sick of it...Can you please address this issue and if you need anything further from me, please let me know...here is the interaction I had with this last person who stole a job from another person...this is getting to be ridiculous cause it happens more frequently lately...

from pick me:..thank you Vickie ... when you do not want to hire me just do the same again .... am here to heip bye now ..
r.no dear i did not ... i am an old geeser 70 .. on here helping out and passing time . so what did i do to you ..
my love ..

this person was the person who I hired to work my farm...from liz - solo worker only:...Thanks for reporting it. Hope they fix whatever bug it is...

Taz D
Oct 09 2014, 12:14 PM
I always come to the marketplace to hire workers for my farm but at times, some people end up working my farm when I never hired them...It happened again today and I'm sick of it...Can you please address this issue and if you need anything further from me, please let me know...here is the interaction I had with this last person who stole a job from another person...this is getting to be ridiculous cause it happens more frequently lately...

from pick me:..thank you Vickie ... when you do not want to hire me just do the same again .... am here to heip bye now ..
r.no dear i did not ... i am an old geeser 70 .. on here helping out and passing time . so what did i do to you ..
my love ..

this person was the person who I hired to work my farm...from liz - solo worker only:...Thanks for reporting it. Hope they fix whatever bug it is...
Hi Vicki,
I moved your post from the Suggestions to the General Feedback as this is not really a suggestion.
Are you sure you didn't click to hire this person?
Did this person actually do any harvesting or did they just follow you back to the farm?

vaf102
Oct 09 2014, 08:21 PM
Hi Taz...this person did not follow me back to the farm then begin harvesting...I saw his name flashing on the screen that he was harvesting while I was still in the marketplace hiring the person who responded to my hire request...We both went to the farm and found this guy harvesting and I asked how he got to my farm cause I didnt hire him...He made the statements above and continued onto the second and third farm...Liz bowed out and I apologized to her...I normally hire only one person because I get upset if there are too many people working the same farm...This scenario happens more than once and it's beginning to tick me off...I do NOT want to make trouble for my hires...

Taz D
Oct 09 2014, 08:39 PM
Hi Taz...this person did not follow me back to the farm then begin harvesting...I saw his name flashing on the screen that he was harvesting while I was still in the marketplace hiring the person who responded to my hire request...We both went to the farm and found this guy harvesting and I asked how he got to my farm cause I didnt hire him...He made the statements above and continued onto the second and third farm...Liz bowed out and I apologized to her...I normally hire only one person because I get upset if there are too many people working the same farm...This scenario happens more than once and it's beginning to tick me off...I do NOT want to make trouble for my hires...
Is it always the same person? This has to be someone you have hired in the past and they have kept it open by staying on the farm. They could have changed their name so you wouldn't recognize it.
The other possibilty is your Facebook account has been hacked and they are going in and hiring themselves. For this I would suggest changing your password. If this is the case that will keep them from doing it again.
Have you ever given your Facebook account information to anyone else to take care of your farms or something else? Again changing your password should stop that too.

Sandy Mae
Oct 13 2014, 12:35 PM
When I go to hire people to work on my farms I am finding more and more that these people are not looking to make xp's but are looking to work only what they want to work; If they need corn then they will not do any other work except h/p corn. I know I am complaining. But it is frustrating to hire people that do not finish the chore or will only work till they get what they need. They are more and more just quitting their chores. I should not have to follow hired employees around. They are way to picky and do not finish what they start. I have taken too asking if they will finish before I hire them. That is not a nice thing to do. Suggestions Please

JohnAlbertini
Oct 13 2014, 12:55 PM
When I go to hire people to work on my farms I am finding more and more that these people are not looking to make xp's but are looking to work only what they want to work; If they need corn then they will not do any other work except h/p corn. I know I am complaining. But it is frustrating to hire people that do not finish the chore or will only work till they get what they need. They are more and more just quitting their chores. I should not have to follow hired employees around. They are way to picky and do not finish what they start. I have taken too asking if they will finish before I hire them. That is not a nice thing to do. Suggestions Please

There is a simple reason for this: XPs are WORTHLESS! Sure every three months we get 25 FC for our XP but they use up maybe 2 million XP when we earned 20 million in that time! I'm up to 166 million XP. I don't have to earn a single XP for the next 10 YEARS to get 25 FC every three months!

When the developers supply more FC to make the XP worth something folks will want to work for them. I've been complaining about the lack of rewards for WORKING farms for a long time now but the devs don't care unless you spend REAL $ and even if you DO they don't care. Your XP are still WORTHLESS unless you stop playing and come back in the distant future to get the FC you EARNED years earlier! I have 140 MILLION XP that have zero value today so why would I work to earn more!

barbara nixon
Oct 13 2014, 04:02 PM
Sandy Mae..i quit hiring form the market and have some very good neighbors who do the work for me..we trade work...i do not need xp or crop but i do like to help out..i do not like to do the farms that have millions of trees or flowers tho..i have a big comp but it bogs down the servers..,so it makes it hard..

leighwj1960
Oct 15 2014, 04:04 PM
I would like to mention the main reason I like to work alone and that is that when there are several people working the farm at the same time my computer tends to freeze and crash. I am not rude about it but if I show up at a farm to work and I was hired for more than 1 farm I will go to the last farm in line and work my way up. This way I get to work alone and the swarm of workers can share the work on the other farms.

peanutgallery
Oct 21 2014, 02:13 PM
I would like to mention the main reason I like to work alone and that is that when there are several people working the farm at the same time my computer tends to freeze and crash. I am not rude about it but if I show up at a farm to work and I was hired for more than 1 farm I will go to the last farm in line and work my way up. This way I get to work alone and the swarm of workers can share the work on the other farms.

Thank you i'm glad someone else does the same it drives me batty when im the one on the farm working and someone comes on there and i have to fight em ro get done what i was hired for i don't mind sharing but i wish more people would move onto the last farm hired for worked there. If its only one farm and a bunch of people hired for i just go back to my farm or Market place.

Too many multi hiring for one farm same tasks again

rodneycs
Oct 22 2014, 12:04 PM

You are lucky to find anyone to hire. I have not found anyone in the Market Place since the mkiddle of August and Support does nlothing about it.:mad:

ccheney
Oct 23 2014, 12:15 AM

I do the same. With the large tools we have now it really isn't necessary to hire more than one person.

ccheney
Oct 23 2014, 12:17 AM
You are lucky to find anyone to hire. I have not found anyone in the Market Place since the mkiddle of August and Support does nlothing about it.:mad:

I can find people in the marketplace to hire. The problem is they don't finish the job you hire them for. They pick and choose what crops they want,what trees they want etc.. and leave the rest.

ccheney
Oct 23 2014, 12:22 AM

As it is now we get some of what we harvest but not the bonus if we leave a farm before finishing. I think, and I have put this in suggestions, that if you don't finish the job you shouldn't get anything at all.

leighwj1960
Oct 23 2014, 10:14 AM
I have started letting them know they were hired for more than 1 farm when they show up at the first farm. Some people don't seem to know that they can click the farm selector to move to the next farm when they are finished with the first farm.

im mimi
Oct 26 2014, 09:09 PM
My frustrations with hiring or getting hired are escalating.

When in the marketplace to hire I get frustrated because I don't know if someone has ignored my request by clicking the X in the corner when they are too lazy to just click NO THANKS or if they are off getting more coffee. The next thing I know I am getting angry notes from workers who didn't need help to work my farms and there are multiple workers on one farm. If that X in the corner could just go away both me the employer and the people I hire will be most happy.

When I hire for HP I will hire one person for two farms so that I may share the wealth with as many as I can.

I try very hard to not hire multiple people for the same farm because it makes it difficult for the lower level people to keep up. Also when more than one person is working one farm you don't know what is left to do so you find yourself clicking on stuff that really isn't there and clicks are wasted. Its just too frustrating.

This also works for when I am hired to work for someone. I will leave a job and coins because it is just too frustrating to work a farm when others are there working.

My biggest complaint is getting hired to work multiple farms and have to go through so many to find work. In the past few days on several occasions I was hired to fish multiple farms only to find I was hired to fish on farms that DID NOT EVEN HAVE ANY BODIES OF WATER !!!! I hate to leave but now I do. If I get through one quarter of the number of hired farms and nothing I just leave.

If these two issues could be addressed there would be a lot of very very very satisfied farmers in Farm Town. TY

Taz D
Oct 26 2014, 10:34 PM
My frustrations with hiring or getting hired are escalating.

When in the marketplace to hire I get frustrated because I don't know if someone has ignored my request by clicking the X in the corner when they are too lazy to just click NO THANKS or if they are off getting more coffee. The next thing I know I am getting angry notes from workers who didn't need help to work my farms and there are multiple workers on one farm. If that X in the corner could just go away both me the employer and the people I hire will be most happy.

When I hire for HP I will hire one person for two farms so that I may share the wealth with as many as I can.

I try very hard to not hire multiple people for the same farm because it makes it difficult for the lower level people to keep up. Also when more than one person is working one farm you don't know what is left to do so you find yourself clicking on stuff that really isn't there and clicks are wasted. Its just too frustrating.

This also works for when I am hired to work for someone. I will leave a job and coins because it is just too frustrating to work a farm when others are there working.

My biggest complaint is getting hired to work multiple farms and have to go through so many to find work. In the past few days on several occasions I was hired to fish multiple farms only to find I was hired to fish on farms that DID NOT EVEN HAVE ANY BODIES OF WATER !!!! I hate to leave but now I do. If I get through one quarter of the number of hired farms and nothing I just leave.

If these two issues could be addressed there would be a lot of very very very satisfied farmers in Farm Town. TY
Hi im mimi,
Your suggestions would be more likely seen in the Suggestion section by the developers. You can't start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits the subject of your suggestions.

carolann43
Nov 15 2014, 08:57 AM
from now on I am accepting requests from people who DO NOT layer. I feel there is no need and it just slows the game down. God only knows what it's doing to your computer. Lost one laptop doing this game, not going to lose another. I am at the highest level, plenty of XP's by just working hard.:D

Taz D
Nov 15 2014, 09:03 AM
from now on I am accepting requests from people who DO NOT layer. I feel there is no need and it just slows the game down. God only knows what it's doing to your computer. Lost one laptop doing this game, not going to lose another. I am at the highest level, plenty of XP's by just working hard.:D
Hi Carolann,
I moved your post to the General Feedback on hiring as we don't have one on Neighbors. Since it was only a comment you made then itr doesn't belong in the Help and Support section.

Judy Cowan
Nov 15 2014, 02:47 PM
I feel that people are using people to do jobs they do not want to do.. fishing, trees and flowers... they have gone so far as to say harvest and plow and when you get to there farm its one or two plots... I think XP should be given to all who work and not just for crops , that would make abuse of hiring practices go way down fast... Thank you for listening...

txtoto0433@yahoo.com
Nov 17 2014, 09:50 AM
I am seeing a lot of the hiring is just for crops, harvesting etc. What about the ones where people hire you to work their facilities? and didn't farmtown have it's own page where you could go to find the bonuses?

Taz D
Nov 17 2014, 10:06 AM
I am seeing a lot of the hiring is just for crops, harvesting etc. What about the ones where people hire you to work their facilities? and didn't farmtown have it's own page where you could go to find the bonuses?
Hi txtoto,
Yes they do have. Go to the My Requests tab at top of your farm and click on Show Farm Town Wll posts.

txtoto0433@yahoo.com
Nov 17 2014, 10:33 AM
ok thanks, but when i go to that page from the My requests" tab, it says show wall, there are hardly ever any posts there. do i need to do something else. there are only 3 posts and they are all expired?

Taz D
Nov 17 2014, 10:50 AM
ok thanks, but when i go to that page from the My requests" tab, it says show wall, there are hardly ever any posts there. do i need to do something else. there are only 3 posts and they are all expired?
Hi txtoto,
That will only show posts that are on your newsfeed. If you are not seeing them in your newsfeed then need to check to make sure you haven't blocked Farm Town from your newsfeed. If it isn't blocked then you may need to do some of Facebook's surveys to try to get more Farm Town posts on your newsfeed. The way to do that is to click on the down arrow next to apost and the last item is to take a survey. This is best done from a Farm Town post, so it will pertain to those types of posts. You may have to do this several days to start getting more posts. Facebook thinks they know what we want to see on our newsfeed better than we do.

txtoto0433@yahoo.com
Nov 17 2014, 11:10 AM
LOL! yes fb does take that unwanted liberty. thanks i will do as you suggested. Have a good one.

SusieB
Nov 25 2014, 09:42 PM
Just got this as I was fishing for someone. Never represented that I had a turbo. I play this game for fun and distraction. See no need for this behavior. Have been playing since top level was 36

TURBO,12BI,10BICOMBINE: HOECOEM YU DOTNHAVE A TURBO*
TURBO,12BI,10BICOMBINE: I WOULD JHAVE NEVER PICKER YU IF I KNEW*
TURBO,12BI,10BICOMBINE: HELLO ARE YU STUPID OR WHAT*
TURBO,12BI,10BICOMBINE: GET OUT OF HERE STUPID*
* Joining Room ...
* Entered Room.
* Connecting to town mainframe (WF3

mrschar
Nov 25 2014, 10:01 PM
Just got this as I was fishing for someone. Never represented that I had a turbo. I play this game for fun and distraction. See no need for this behavior. Have been playing since top level was 36

* Joining Room ...
* Entered Room.

SusieB, I sure hope you clicked on his avatar and clicked on "Report Abuse." There is no need for that behavior! I am glad to say my worst problems with people is them just not saying Thank You when I hire them. I have met some wonderful people farming. You and I remember playing with NO tools and we worked together and chatted--became friends, even. Hope you don't encounter any more rude people. And if you'd like to fish for me, you are welcome to--few people are willing to fish. I do have a boat, but it certainly isn't the turbo. But I DO have bait!

trina531
Nov 25 2014, 10:05 PM
Yes I can not help but smile mrschar on way back when there were not tools. I have played for a long time and many of the farmtown members that I used to chat with are still my neighbors. I met some wonderful people over time and am thankful I have not encountered any rude ones. It is even more exciting when one of those market workers you connect with and meet face to face.

Taz D
Nov 25 2014, 10:27 PM

* Joining Room ...
* Entered Room.
Hi SusieB,
You can block this person if you encounter them again. If this was in the chat look to the left of the Chat box for the circle with the crossbar in it and click on that. If it was in the ingame messages the same symbol is in the lower left corner. Since this was not sexual abuse we ask that you block them rather than report them which is the red flag.

KnittyGirl
Nov 27 2014, 07:12 PM
Hello, maybe someone can help me. I've hired the same person a few times and the last couple of times she hasn't received any bonus coins. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is it because she's on my "buddy" list? I'm really confused!! Any help you can give me would be appreciated. I've worked numerous farms and always received the bonus. Thank you!! I've hired her from the Marketplace and from the Inn; doesn't seem to make a difference. I've even hired her from my own farm.

Taz D
Nov 27 2014, 09:16 PM
Hello, maybe someone can help me. I've hired the same person a few times and the last couple of times she hasn't received any bonus coins. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is it because she's on my "buddy" list? I'm really confused!! Any help you can give me would be appreciated. I've worked numerous farms and always received the bonus. Thank you!! I've hired her from the Marketplace and from the Inn; doesn't seem to make a difference. I've even hired her from my own farm.
Hi KnittyGirl,
I am sorry but neighbors and buddies do not get the bonus chest.

KnittyGirl
Nov 27 2014, 10:30 PM
Thank you so much for answering this!!! I had a feeling that was the case. I love the Forum!! Thanks again!!!!

luveblues
Dec 03 2014, 10:22 AM
This may seem petty but it is keeping me from sending some a very nasty reply to a message, so you get to hear the nice version. :)

I am a nice person and a polite farmer. I really am. I try to hire people solo and finish all the work I am given. Occasionally I do end up hiring more than one person because of lagging response time. When that happens I do NOT need a note telling me never hire me again unless it is solo. How about I NEVER HIRE YOU Again? GRRRRRRRRR. Rant over. Thanks for listening.
(and for the record, I had nineteen farms FULL Of work)

Taz D
Dec 03 2014, 10:33 AM
This may seem petty but it is keeping me from sending some a very nasty reply to a message, so you get to hear the nice version. :)

I am a nice person and a polite farmer. I really am. I try to hire people solo and finish all the work I am given. Occasionally I do end up hiring more than one person because of lagging response time. When that happens I do NOT need a note telling me never hire me again unless it is solo. How about I NEVER HIRE YOU Again? GRRRRRRRRR. Rant over. Thanks for listening.
Hi Luveblues,
I moved your post to the thread for discussion on hiring.

Eradani
Dec 03 2014, 10:42 AM

aren't you glad they made that nice ignore button you can use from the message s)he sent you!

Tuckertbnc
Dec 08 2014, 09:20 PM
When you hire someone to harvest and plow a crop .. and harvest trees ... If they leave and do not harvest the trees , does that make them loose their pay and bonus crops ? Or do they still collect on what they harvested ??
I make an effort to hire only 1 person per farm and tonite I had a person that harvest/plowed the crop , but left me a note that they don't do trees ...
Kinda irritated me since I figure if I hire you to harvest a huge farm of acorn squash you could harvest the row of trees I plant around the edge of my farms .. They are only 4 or 5 deep not a lot to harvest I'd think ...:confused:

Taz D
Dec 08 2014, 09:50 PM
When you hire someone to harvest and plow a crop .. and harvest trees ... If they leave and do not harvest the trees , does that make them loose their pay and bonus crops ? Or do they still collect on what they harvested ??
I make an effort to hire only 1 person per farm and tonite I had a person that harvest/plowed the crop , but left me a note that they don't do trees ...
Kinda irritated me since I figure if I hire you to harvest a huge farm of acorn squash you could harvest the row of trees I plant around the edge of my farms .. They are only 4 or 5 deep not a lot to harvest I'd think ...:confused:
Hi Tuckertbnc,
If this was all for 1 farm then yes they lose the bonus chest, because they didn't finish the job. They do collect the regular amount for what they did though which would be coins and per centage of the crop.

bluehair
Dec 08 2014, 10:51 PM

if I dont want to do trees and someone hires to me harvest and plow and harvest trees I decline the job but yeah kind of backfires on them as it means they lose out on the bonus.

KnittyGirl
Dec 08 2014, 11:00 PM
Yep, TuckertBNC, they lose the bonus. They have to complete everything you hired them for in order to receive the bonus.

ccheney
Dec 09 2014, 12:15 PM
The bonus chest has become a moot point for many people. People still accept the job then only take only the crops or trees, or flowers they need and leave the rest unfinished. They already have billions of coins so they aren't going to miss the coins if they don't finish and collect the bonus plus except for harvesting/plowing crops where you get XP's there is no real incentive to do the other jobs when all you get for it is coins.

Taz D
Dec 09 2014, 01:07 PM
The bonus chest has become a moot point for many people. People still accept the job then only take only the crops or trees, or flowers they need and leave the rest unfinished. They already have billions of coins so they aren't going to miss the coins if they don't finish and collect the bonus plus except for harvesting/plowing crops where you get XP's there is no real incentive to do the other jobs when all you get for it is coins.
Hi ccheney,
You also get a percentage of the harvests depending on what it is for.

ccheney
Dec 10 2014, 12:08 AM
That's what I meant. They take what crops and trees or flowers they need and leave the rest because they have what items they need and don't really need the bonus. That's why I think you should have to do the whole job before you get any of what you harvest ,chop etc... You shouldn't get compensated for an unfinished job.

ccheney
Dec 11 2014, 10:56 PM
I've just learned how to clear out the marketplace. Ask if anyone wants to harvest and chop a lot of trees. Just now there were 10 farmers and me in the marketplace and I asked that question and 8 of the 10 farmers immediately disappeared. The two who stayed were in pink and not looking for work.

KnittyGirl
Dec 12 2014, 06:59 AM
I've just learned how to clear out the marketplace. Ask if anyone wants to harvest and chop a lot of trees. Just now there were 10 farmers and me in the marketplace and I asked that question and 8 of the 10 farmers immediately disappeared. The two who stayed were in pink and not looking for work.

Isn't that the truth?!!!! I love to do the flowers, trees and fish because that's where I get the most coins! Guess I'm in the minority.

leighwj1960
Dec 12 2014, 01:40 PM
Isn't that the truth?!!!! I love to do the flowers, trees and fish because that's where I get the most coins! Guess I'm in the minority.

This is why I spent the Farm Cash to buy the big tools. If I have to do the work myself I might as well make it as easy as possible to do the work.

notaparagod
Dec 14 2014, 06:02 PM
Does anyone know why someone wouldn't use an employer's tools? The past three people I have hired used their own tools (ie - 4x4 harvester, 4x4 plower) instead of my 10x10 combine. I asked why and one said she doesn't think she should benefit from someone else's tools and one said she didn't know how to use someone else's tools. I thought it just defaulted to the best tools available. I have the bigger tools because I want things to be faster and easier...

Taz D
Dec 14 2014, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know why someone wouldn't use an employer's tools? The past three people I have hired used their own tools (ie - 4x4 harvester, 4x4 plower) instead of my 10x10 combine. I asked why and one said she doesn't think she should benefit from someone else's tools and one said she didn't know how to use someone else's tools. I thought it just defaulted to the best tools available. I have the bigger tools because I want things to be faster and easier...
Hi notaparagod,
It does default to the best tool available, yours or theirs. They may not have realized it and went to the tool box and picked up what they knew to be their best tool not realizing that your tools are listed there.

KnittyGirl
Dec 14 2014, 06:25 PM

I thought it defaulted to the biggest tools too; I know it does when I'm hired. I hired someone to use my tools and fuel and she refused - using her single harvester and plower for a huge farm! She said she preferred to do it the "old fashioned way".

Eradani
Dec 14 2014, 07:07 PM

some people think the bigger tools use more fuel per plot. they don't realize the larger usage per click is because there's more plots per click.

notaparagod
Dec 14 2014, 07:14 PM
I thought it defaulted to the biggest tools too; I know it does when I'm hired. I hired someone to use my tools and fuel and she refused - using her single harvester and plower for a huge farm! She said she preferred to do it the "old fashioned way".

Yeah..the one who simply refused to use my tools was also annoyed because I hired someone else to work. I had six layered farms of blue agave, so I didn't really have time for her to do the 4x4 thing before they went to waste. :)

bluehair
Dec 15 2014, 12:18 AM
hhmm yes why would you use your own tools if the employer is allowing you to use their tools and theirs are bigger...the other day I had someone hire me to harvest trees they had the white tree harvester I only have the brown one. if someone hires me and they allow me to use their tools which are bigger..too right I will use them

Eradani
Dec 15 2014, 01:07 PM
hhmm yes why would you use your own tools if the employer is allowing you to use their tools and theirs are bigger...the other day I had someone hire me to harvest trees they had the white tree harvester I only have the brown one. if someone hires me and they allow me to use their tools which are bigger..too right I will use them

when combining x9 layered farms, i use my 8x8 even if a larger tool is available because i can zoom in twice, see the plots properly and do 4 sections before having to screen drag.

but usually the bigger the tool, the better

stephaniepenny
Dec 18 2014, 04:48 AM
I hire people to work my farm but sometimes I go off line .can they keep working when I am off line ?

Eradani
Dec 18 2014, 07:08 AM
I hire people to work my farm but sometimes I go off line .can they keep working when I am off line ?

yes. you don't have to be playing at all.

KnightRider
Dec 20 2014, 09:22 PM

Hello stephaniepenny,

To add to what Eradani has mentioned, the only time you must be on line and on the same farm is when you hire someone to help decorate a farm. If you hire someone to help decorate, once you leave the farm, whether going off line, going to another farm or exiting the game that stops them from helping decorating your farm.

carolannhallam
Dec 23 2014, 01:42 PM
My complaint about hiring multiple workers is that the ones with the biggest tools jump all over us little guys. If you insist on hiring many workers, it would be nice for us with smaller tools if you would hire one person per farm. Then your farms would get done quickly and everybody would be happy and not fighting over plots on one farm.

Also it specifically says that hiring multiple workers on the heavily layered farms overworks the system and slows everything way down. It's hard enough to load those types of farms without there being multiple people loading and working them at the same time.

ccheney
Dec 23 2014, 10:56 PM
My complaint about hiring multiple workers is that the ones with the biggest tools jump all over us little guys. If you insist on hiring many workers, it would be nice for us with smaller tools if you would hire one person per farm. Then your farms would get done quickly and everybody would be happy and not fighting over plots on one farm.

Also it specifically says that hiring multiple workers on the heavily layered farms overworks the system and slows everything way down. It's hard enough to load those types of farms without there being multiple people loading and working them at the same time.

It's hurts too when multiple people are hired for one farm and they are all using huge tools.You don't need to hire 3 people for one farm when you are allowing the use of your 12x12 tools. One employee is enough

RandomReader40
Dec 29 2014, 07:55 PM
I've been wondering if there is some error with me or what is going on. Most time when I get hired by people they show a lot of farms to be worked on and there is no work anywhere. I even did a lot of jumping around and still nothing. Though I seem to be having issues with loading into other peoples farms so I'm not sure what is up with that. I am trying to work through the guides to see what can help.

I have so far determined its on my end but the question for my post is doesn't slashkey have a way for people not to hire someone if there is nothing on the other end of a field block that did have something to work on?

carolannhallam
Dec 29 2014, 08:51 PM
I think some of those hiring people are too lazy to go to their farms to see which ones are ready, so they just check them all off. I have had so many hires where multiple farms are checked off and only a few are to be worked. I have not had a situation where there was no work.

ccheney
Dec 29 2014, 09:00 PM
I've been wondering if there is some error with me or what is going on. Most time when I get hired by people they show a lot of farms to be worked on and there is no work anywhere. I even did a lot of jumping around and still nothing. Though I seem to be having issues with loading into other peoples farms so I'm not sure what is up with that. I am trying to work through the guides to see what can help.

I have so far determined its on my end but the question for my post is doesn't slashkey have a way for people not to hire someone if there is nothing on the other end of a field block that did have something to work on?

I get that a lot too. Hired for 20 farms and nothing to do on any of them.I think the hirer is just trying to get people out of the market place so they can get a job.

bluehair
Dec 30 2014, 04:12 AM
yes very annoying when someone hires you for 20-24 farms and they have like 1 or 2 trees on each farm.

I had someone hire me to plow 5 plots not 5 farms but 5 plots like seriously are they that lazy they can't plow 5 measly plots.

I will check to see which farms are ready and then go to the market place and then hire someone and tick the appropriate farms.

RandomReader40
Dec 30 2014, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the replies. At least now I know I"m not imagining things.

I've gone to my Firefox browser and it seems to be helping though I am thinking now I might be having an issue with the computer itself. Hopefully it will hold on until I can get it fixed up.

Queen.of.Clutter
Jan 15 2015, 10:29 AM
I searched throughout the threads and couldn't find an answer, so if I missed it-I am sorry.

I understand that neighbors & people on the buddy list do not qualify for the bonus chest, but do regular friends who are not your neighbor get it ??

Has anyone tried this with a friend??

marymarcel
Jan 15 2015, 11:00 AM
I searched throughout the threads and couldn't find an answer, so if I missed it-I am sorry.

I understand that neighbors & people on the buddy list do not qualify for the bonus chest, but do regular friends who are not your neighbor get it ??

Hi Queen.of.Clutter:)

I havent tried to hire a friend to check if they can get the bonus chest.

But you need to consider that all your friends are your neighbors for the game, the only difference is when you send neighbors requests, then that person become in your "close" neighbor because they are showing up in the neighbors bar below the game screen.So I almost sure they cant get the bonus chest.

marymarcel
Jan 15 2015, 11:51 AM

Ok, I was hired by one of my facebook friends, I went to her farm, and then we both went to marketplace. She hired me to harvest, and I got the bonus chest.:)

Pamgow
Jan 18 2015, 01:49 PM
I did not read all 171 pages of comments here but randomly read about 50 different posts to get an idea of what people are complaining about. I have had problems with hiring people and having them only do select items and leaving the rest. I put them on my "no hire" list and don't ever hire them again. This list is getting rather lengthy. I also have issues trying to find people to fish, but no big deal if I don't. I don't have that much fishing to do and can easily do it myself in about 5 minutes.

I don't assume that if someone does not respond to my request right away that they are ignoring me. The speed and RAM of ones computer greatly affects the speed with which they can play the game and respond to requests. Prior to purchasing my new computer back in April, I specifically requested that I NOT be hired to do layers as I knew that the game would crash for me. Big farms were also a problem even if they were not layered. I could do them, but each one got slower and slower. Even with my new computer and my 12 RAM and fast processor, some of the layered farms and "mega" farms run pathetically slow.

I put out there that I am interested in solo jobs only because I DON'T have any of the big tools, only the coin tools. If I am hired along with someone with a large combine, I don't get to do anything and simply leave. People DO have their legitimate reasons for wanting to be hired solo........its usually not greed, but speed and no big tools. So, don't assume that people who are requesting solo only are just being greedy.

I have a touch screen and with my arthritic hands, is much easier to use than a mouse. It's also much faster than a mouse when harvesting and plowing. I find it almost comical when I am hired to do a job and I begin the job as the only worker there and then suddenly there is another worker there who is accusing me of being greedy because I can harvest/plow faster with my touch screen than they can with a mouse. I also get annoyed because I requested solo only. Of course I'm going to make sure that I finish the farm because I want my bonus chest. After that farm is done, if the other worker has no tools and there are multiple farms, I move to the last farm and begin to work my way back to the first. That way we BOTH have farms to harvest and we can both work solo and won't be irritating each other. If the other person has tools, I leave and send the employer a note thanking them for hiring me but that I will find other employment as I simply cannot compete with someone who can finish the entire farm if four clicks leaving me with nothing. It that offends an employer, sorry. I did ask to be hired solo.

I also do not refuse any job and have no problem stating that I do ALL jobs. If I accept a job, I finish the job (except as stated above) unless some technical problem boots me off, like today when the game suddenly came to a screeching halt, not just for me but lots of players including the person I had hired. Occasionally I will get a phone call that I MUST take while working for someone else, but that rarely happens. Caller ID tells me if it is an important call or one that can wait.

I guess my point is, the it is a cyber world and you cannot assume anything about the other people in the market place (unless you have had bad experiences with specific individuals previously). It is a game, and people have different reasons for playing the game, different goals for the game and different ideas about whether it is competitive or just for fun. Bottom line, IT'S A GAME! One that some people take entirely too seriously.

rodneycs
Jan 19 2015, 01:24 AM

You arelucky to find anyone in the Market Place from the August update until the November update I found not a single person in the MARKET PLACE and from the AFTERNOON before the levels update again no one in the Market Place and have to do everything myself. If yopu don't like what others are doing do it yourself.

prayzHIM5
Jan 24 2015, 12:14 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question or not, but I couldn't find another place. I was hired earlier tonight and accidentally clicked on something that took me completely out of farm town. Is there a way to get back to the farm you were hired on if this happens? I like to finish all work when I am hired for a farm and do not want the farmer to think I left intentionally. The farmer was not a neighbor of mine, so i don't know how to get back in touch with him.

Thanks!

Bethany

Taz D
Jan 24 2015, 12:27 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question or not, but I couldn't find another place. I was hired earlier tonight and accidentally clicked on something that took me completely out of farm town. Is there a way to get back to the farm you were hired on if this happens? I like to finish all work when I am hired for a farm and do not want the farmer to think I left intentionally. The farmer was not a neighbor of mine, so i don't know how to get back in touch with him.

Thanks!

Bethany
Hi Bethany,
I am sorry, but no there isn't any way to get back to it. When you have a question it is better to put it in the Help and Support forum rather than here. This forum is for feedback about various parts of the game. We concentrate on the Help & Support forum first before we check the other ones.

Vivienne57
Jan 28 2015, 07:36 AM
I am really fed up with players stacking their farms. When I work other farms where there is stacking it's not a very pleasurable experience as the game lags, is very, very slow and the work takes so much longer. So much so that I don't bother working for others any more unless they haven't stacked. In my opinion there is absolutely no need for stacking, it's just greedy. We have huge farms, great tools etc so why do player still have to stack. I got to 600 and have a decent amount of XP and coins without stacking!!!!!!

TallTrainer
Feb 04 2015, 12:22 AM
I'm new to the forum, but not the game.

Let's say I have 16 farms and I hire three people to work the farm (chopping trees, harvesting & plowing). How ethical is it for any of the three workers to start harvesting the same crop row as one of the other workers is working on? Wouldn't the ethical thing to do be to advance to the next farm or perhaps perform a different task?

I've had this happen and was curious if there was a rule concerning it or not.

Thanks,

Tall Trainer

Taz D
Feb 04 2015, 12:29 AM
I'm new to the forum, but not the game.

Let's say I have 16 farms and I hire three people to work the farm (chopping trees, harvesting & plowing). How ethical is it for any of the three workers to start harvesting the same crop row as one of the other workers is working on? Wouldn't the ethical thing to do be to advance to the next farm or perhaps perform a different task?

I've had this happen and was curious if there was a rule concerning it or not.

Thanks,

Tall Trainer
Hi Tall Trainer,
I have moved your post to the Feedback thread for discussion on Hiring. There are no set rules about how the hired are supposed to share or not share the work. That doesn't make it "right" for someone to start working right on top of another worker, but that is always up for discussion.

gatormania
Feb 14 2015, 05:00 PM
This is a GREAT game... Everyone plays this game to their own abilities and likes, I get that... However, there are some people that really, really play this game... They buy, sell, plant and work according to the needs of their farms... Some people need purple grapes and beets to fulfil the need of their facilities...

(Enter the people that are not going in a particular direction)...

Hiring someone to work your farms before you leave for work is probably something a lot of people do... They get home and see that some or nothing has been done... Why...? Because we didn't have acorn squash or pineapple to harvest... Then, we end up with dead crops... Good thing the fish don't die...

Surely there is a way that people could be demoted, punished or something for this... Perhaps even give rewards to people that achieve a higer ranking for being a good worker...

Anyway, and while I'm on a soapbox...
HIRE ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ANYTHING
FLOWERS
FISH
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
HARVEST LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LAYERS

^^^^^
Can something be done about flooding the room with that repulsive behavior...?

Happy Farming !

DraginElite
Feb 17 2015, 12:56 PM
I will say most of the time when I go to the MP to hire out for H/P or Chopping I usually ignore those with the term "SOLO" in their name ... some of my farms are huge and I don't have the time to deal with just 1 person and need things done when I want them done ... not to indulge in some "solo" work and being ridiculed when I hire more than 1 person for the job I need done when I have very little time in RL as well.

mrschar
Feb 17 2015, 06:02 PM
I will say most of the time when I go to the MP to hire out for H/P or Chopping I usually ignore those with the term "SOLO" in their name ... some of my farms are huge and I don't have the time to deal with just 1 person and need things done when I want them done ... not to indulge in some "solo" work and being ridiculed when I hire more than 1 person for the job I need done when I have very little time in RL as well.
I also am annoyed with the "Solo" beggars. If possible, I like to hire lower level farms to use the tools I have to help them level up. I remember how I worked to level up myself and think some folks have forgotten. When I don't find them (I ask) and most people are Solo folks, here's my solution. I will hire them solo--for one or two farms. Then hire someone else for others. I may have 3-4 workers, but they get the job done and I'm not waiting for one person to do it all.

doug142
Feb 17 2015, 09:22 PM
When a person is hired to do the entire farm, they should not be able to progress to the next farm, and leave me with the flowers and trees.

KnittyGirl
Feb 19 2015, 07:16 AM
I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but, once I hire someone, can I leave Farmtown, as in log out of my Facebook page to log into another one, and the person I hired will still be able to do the work and not get kicked off because I logged out? Thank you!!!!

KnightRider
Feb 19 2015, 09:48 AM
I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but, once I hire someone, can I leave Farmtown, as in log out of my Facebook page to log into another one, and the person I hired will still be able to do the work and not get kicked off because I logged out? Thank you!!!!

Hello KnittyGirl,

As long as you hired them to work you farm and not hire them to decorate your farm you would be able to leave your farm and that wouldn't kick them off.

KnittyGirl
Feb 19 2015, 09:51 AM
Thank you!!

KnightRider
Feb 19 2015, 09:52 AM
Thank you!!

Your welcome.

carolannhallam
Feb 19 2015, 06:52 PM
The only time I have left a job is when it is layered to the gills and the person hires several people to do it. This slows down an already very slow farm to like frozen molasses. My computer groans under the stress. I figure there are enough others to finish the job and I prefer to work alone.

lollipopthebunny
Mar 01 2015, 03:40 PM
It would definitely be GREAT if there was an option to FIRE someone that you have hired to work! It has gotten really difficult to get people to work any more an because of this, Some or a LOT are lying an saying they have BIG tools when they don't!!! I have tried to talk to someone on the farm to get them to use my BIG tools an they won't respond at all so I am stuck other than possibly try to hire a diff worker an have them take over or wait.

Also there are other reasons we need to have an option to FIRE someone!

Taz D
Mar 01 2015, 04:09 PM
It would definitely be GREAT if there was an option to FIRE someone that you have hired to work! It has gotten really difficult to get people to work any more an because of this, Some or a LOT are lying an saying they have BIG tools when they don't!!! I have tried to talk to someone on the farm to get them to use my BIG tools an they won't respond at all so I am stuck other than possibly try to hire a diff worker an have them take over or wait.

Also there are other reasons we need to have an option to FIRE someone!
Hi Lollipopthebunny,
I am sorry but the developers have already said that there will never be a fire option for hiring. We can't control whether they lie or not about what they have, but there will not be a firing or rating system for workers. You can use the ignore or just remember who you have hired and not hire them again.

lollipopthebunny
Mar 01 2015, 04:46 PM
Hi Lollipopthebunny,
I am sorry but the developers have already said that there will never be a fire option for hiring. We can't control whether they lie or not about what they have, but there will not be a firing or rating system for workers. You can use the ignore or just remember who you have hired and not hire them again.
Thanks TAZ, I missed the comment the developers made about that then I guess.

GeeKeeper
Mar 05 2015, 02:25 PM
This happens to me alot as well. Sometimes it is when I hire as GarrettHillbabe said and sometimes when I am hired I will go in and there are several of us hired for one tiny farm.
Another issue has me frustrated which seems to be ignored is hiring neighbors verses hiring non neighbors. I have several neighbors who absolutely refuse to work for a neighbor saying they make more as a non neighbor. Because as a neighbor there is no chest when hired they are making less so they refuse. I know that having neighbors adds to storage but other than that what good are they if that is the case?

Taz D
Mar 05 2015, 03:43 PM
This happens to me alot as well. Sometimes it is when I hire as GarrettHillbabe said and sometimes when I am hired I will go in and there are several of us hired for one tiny farm.
Another issue has me frustrated which seems to be ignored is hiring neighbors verses hiring non neighbors. I have several neighbors who absolutely refuse to work for a neighbor saying they make more as a non neighbor. Because as a neighbor there is no chest when hired they are making less so they refuse. I know that having neighbors adds to storage but other than that what good are they if that is the case?
Hi GeeKeeper,
The developers are working on a fix for some of the hiring problems. Just have to wait for them to get it done and released.
The purposes of neighbors are varied besides just adding storage, such as to help with co-operative quests or regular quests, work your facility and services posts, or benefit and help with belt bonuses. The purpose of creating the bonus for non-neighbors was to increase the hiring of strangers from the market so we would interact with new people. This is how we all got started in the game with few if any friends who played. Those people eventually became our friends and neighbors.

Scoopygogo
Mar 05 2015, 07:51 PM
How do I hire people to work my facilities?

carolannhallam
Mar 05 2015, 07:57 PM
When you have your facility manager, or a facility, you go to the second tab on what is pending. At the top left you will see a button to "produce faster", when you click it, it will let you post on your wall to have people come and work at your facilities or if you want referrals, you post one that says "get more clients".

GeeKeeper
Mar 05 2015, 09:59 PM
Thank you TAZ
We like to have our neighbors and friends work for us. We know they will do the job and not leave it partially done. Last night I had to go to the market five times to get one field done, finally a neighbor I knew would do the work. I hope that this penalizing hiring neighbors is changed. As the way it stands people are unfriending you to work or they refuse to work for you just because they are a neighbor. Feelings are getting hurt the way the game is set up now.

Taz D
Mar 05 2015, 10:05 PM
Thank you TAZ
We like to have our neighbors and friends work for us. We know they will do the job and not leave it partially done. Last night I had to go to the market five times to get one field done, finally a neighbor I knew would do the work. I hope that this penalizing hiring neighbors is changed. As the way it stands people are unfriending you to work or they refuse to work for you just because they are a neighbor. Feelings are getting hurt the way the game is set up now.
Hi GeeKeeper,
Only thing you can do is put it in the suggestions section where the developers will be more likely to see it. You can't start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
When you go to the market do you allow those you hire to use your tools and fuel? If those you hire can use larger tools then they may be more likely to stick around to work the whole farm.

GeeKeeper
Mar 05 2015, 10:19 PM
I always hire to let workers use my tools and fuel no matter who. I know many players who absolutely refuse to let any worker use their tools resulting in a very unbalanced scenario. Especially when they multi-hire and they hire newbies who do not have the same level tools and advanced player who have combines. I can think of at least five players I personally brought to this game who quit for this reason. At times the Market is very exasperating and has become one of my least favorite features in the game and I know many agree with me on this.

Taz D
Mar 05 2015, 10:30 PM
I always hire to let workers use my tools and fuel no matter who. I know many players who absolutely refuse to let any worker use their tools resulting in a very unbalanced scenario. Especially when they multi-hire and they hire newbies who do not have the same level tools and advanced player who have combines. I can think of at least five players I personally brought to this game who quit for this reason. At times the Market is very exasperating and has become one of my least favorite features in the game and I know many agree with me on this.
And this is one of the reasons why they added the bonus for the market. If you are going to get extra for working and completing the farm you are hired for then you should be more willing to do so. I will say that many do not have high quality computers or fast internet to be able to cope with heavily layered or staggered fields and trees on top of them. And it could very well be that they didn't leave of their own accord but instead locked up or errored out and were dumped from the farm. It is just as exasperating for them as it is for you.

CEF
Mar 05 2015, 10:35 PM
Well, I am so glad to hear that this is happening to others too. I thought it was just me. Also last week, I was hired to work on a farm. There was another person there, and once I noticed her, I left to work on one of the other farms. Well.... that person kept hounding me and calling me all kinds of names because I was doing "her" farms. I said I was hired to do them too, so was only doing my job. She kept messaging me with all kinds of rudeness until I just blocked her. So yes, some
people do get angry... very angry. No big deal to me... I just go onto another one.

Taz D
Mar 05 2015, 10:52 PM
Well, I am so glad to hear that this is happening to others too. I thought it was just me. Also last week, I was hired to work on a farm. There was another person there, and once I noticed her, I left to work on one of the other farms. Well.... that person kept hounding me and calling me all kinds of names because I was doing "her" farms. I said I was hired to do them too, so was only doing my job. She kept messaging me with all kinds of rudeness until I just blocked her. So yes, some
people do get angry... very angry. No big deal to me... I just go onto another one.
Hi CEF,
I have moved yours and the previous posts by Geekeeper and myself to this thread about hiring practices. None of these posts have anything to do with the subject of the thread in Help & Support which was problems with the game on hiring and not the people involved.

Farmer N.D. Red
Mar 11 2015, 09:39 AM
Not sure how to post on this forum... I am wanting to know if there is a way to hire help at the marketplace to sow new seeds on your plowed fields for you?

FarmerMcLashwood
Mar 11 2015, 09:40 AM
No-one can plant for others all one can do is harvest and plow

angel_oo00oo
Mar 13 2015, 06:43 PM
I was invited to help a friend in designing her farm. She added/bought the items needed and I put them in place. She left the farm so I carried on putting the items in place. When I had finished I went back to my farm. When I went back to the farm I was helping on nothing had been saved. Even thou she wasn't there I still had the ability to move things around but it wouldn't save anything that I had moved. :mad:

marymarcel
Mar 13 2015, 06:51 PM
I was invited to help a friend in designing her farm. She added/bought the items needed and I put them in place. She left the farm so I carried on putting the items in place. When I had finished I went back to my farm. When I went back to the farm I was helping on nothing had been saved. Even thou she wasn't there I still had the ability to move things around but it wouldn't save anything that I had moved. :mad:

Hi angel:)

I'm sorry this has happened to you, but once your friend leaves the farm the permissions are revoked

Here is a thread that explains how this works, hope it can help you:)

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605750

KnittyGirl
Apr 18 2015, 11:31 AM
I haven't read through the previous questions, so please forgive me if this had been addressed before. Recently I have been hired to harvest trees, chop trees, harvest flowers. I go to the farm and proceed to use my tools to do the work. Not all of the trees or flowers get harvested and I have to go back over them with the single harvest tool in order to fulfill my job. I've noticed it more on farms with a lot of crop layers. Is this something the farmer has done? Or is this just a glitch in the system? Thank you so much for addressing this issue.

Taz D
Apr 18 2015, 11:54 AM
I haven't read through the previous questions, so please forgive me if this had been addressed before. Recently I have been hired to harvest trees, chop trees, harvest flowers. I go to the farm and proceed to use my tools to do the work. Not all of the trees or flowers get harvested and I have to go back over them with the single harvest tool in order to fulfill my job. I've noticed it more on farms with a lot of crop layers. Is this something the farmer has done? Or is this just a glitch in the system? Thank you so much for addressing this issue.
Hi KnittyGirl,
It is a problem with how they layer them or place them that causes the ones not being workable with the big tools. It isn't a glitch in the game.

KnittyGirl
Apr 18 2015, 02:42 PM
Thank you Taz. I've come across this a few times and I always wondered what it was!

dogdays
Apr 23 2015, 04:31 PM
i am so tired of trying to harvest over crowded farms.. i spent 3 days trying to harvest ended up leaving losing over million coins . for goodness sake. make it manageable . i harvested stupid flower hid among trees .. i tried finish harvest coconut tree it wouldnt let me. 3 days at hours of trying to harvest is a bit much. it makes it impossible to complete . yes i am to say the least peeved off. :mad:

KnightRider
Apr 23 2015, 04:57 PM
i am so tired of trying to harvest over crowded farms.. i spent 3 days trying to harvest ended up leaving losing over million coins . for goodness sake. make it manageable . i harvested stupid flower hid among trees .. i tried finish harvest coconut tree it wouldnt let me. 3 days at hours of trying to harvest is a bit much. it makes it impossible to complete . yes i am to say the least peeved off. :mad:

Hello dogdays,

When you go to someones farm to work you can go into the preferences at the top right that looks like a wrench and hide everything except for what you are working on and water items. This way for instance you want to harvest flowers only the flowers will be shown. Then you can go in and hide flowers and unhide the next item you want to work on.

You can also use the eye to hide or dim anything that the tool you are holding doesn't work on.

dogdays
Apr 23 2015, 05:08 PM
i did that twice this has happened

SHEENASULLY
Apr 24 2015, 05:15 PM
sometimes as in my case many times lately my laptop is the problem, usually I will send a note saying there is an issue and that puts the ball in your court as to whether you want to keep me or not,I will personally do as much as I can.

marge
graykyle farmtown

SHEENASULLY
Apr 24 2015, 08:21 PM
I did not read all 171 pages of comments here but randomly read about 50 different posts to get an idea of what people are complaining about. I have had problems with hiring people and having them only do select items and leaving the rest. I put them on my "no hire" list and don't ever hire them again. This list is getting rather lengthy. I also have issues trying to find people to fish, but no big deal if I don't. I don't have that much fishing to do and can easily do it myself in about 5 minutes.

I don't assume that if someone does not respond to my request right away that they are ignoring me. The speed and RAM of ones computer greatly affects the speed with which they can play the game and respond to requests. Prior to purchasing my new computer back in April, I specifically requested that I NOT be hired to do layers as I knew that the game would crash for me. Big farms were also a problem even if they were not layered. I could do them, but each one got slower and slower. Even with my new computer and my 12 RAM and fast processor, some of the layered farms and "mega" farms run pathetically slow.

I put out there that I am interested in solo jobs only because I DON'T have any of the big tools, only the coin tools. If I am hired along with someone with a large combine, I don't get to do anything and simply leave. People DO have their legitimate reasons for wanting to be hired solo........its usually not greed, but speed and no big tools. So, don't assume that people who are requesting solo only are just being greedy.

I have a touch screen and with my arthritic hands, is much easier to use than a mouse. It's also much faster than a mouse when harvesting and plowing. I find it almost comical when I am hired to do a job and I begin the job as the only worker there and then suddenly there is another worker there who is accusing me of being greedy because I can harvest/plow faster with my touch screen than they can with a mouse. I also get annoyed because I requested solo only. Of course I'm going to make sure that I finish the farm because I want my bonus chest. After that farm is done, if the other worker has no tools and there are multiple farms, I move to the last farm and begin to work my way back to the first. That way we BOTH have farms to harvest and we can both work solo and won't be irritating each other. If the other person has tools, I leave and send the employer a note thanking them for hiring me but that I will find other employment as I simply cannot compete with someone who can finish the entire farm if four clicks leaving me with nothing. It that offends an employer, sorry. I did ask to be hired solo.

I also do not refuse any job and have no problem stating that I do ALL jobs. If I accept a job, I finish the job (except as stated above) unless some technical problem boots me off, like today when the game suddenly came to a screeching halt, not just for me but lots of players including the person I had hired. Occasionally I will get a phone call that I MUST take while working for someone else, but that rarely happens. Caller ID tells me if it is an important call or one that can wait.

I guess my point is, the it is a cyber world and you cannot assume anything about the other people in the market place (unless you have had bad experiences with specific individuals previously). It is a game, and people have different reasons for playing the game, different goals for the game and different ideas about whether it is competitive or just for fun. Bottom line, IT'S A GAME! One that some people take entirely too seriously.

Hi: Iwould just like to add to this that my lap top is old and although I try my hardest to finish each job I am hired to do, I am not always able to because my shock wave plugin is busy or unresponsive and I just can't do anymore, I try to send a not saying so, but sometimes I am not even able to do that, I do prefer to work alone only because I am a loner and work better alone but do don't have a hissy fit if someone else shows up on the scene

Aussie Rae
Apr 24 2015, 11:39 PM
a lot of people don't realise they need to regularly check their Flash Player, both to clear all sites from it and also to make sure its the only one enabled in their plugins..having 2 enabled means they fight against each other and cause problems.. these are easy and simple steps as well as regularly clearing cache, download history etc from your computors browser.. I also do a disk cleanup on my computer plus a system cleanup, especially after a windows update.. I have windows 8.1 and love it!!

bluehair
Apr 25 2015, 05:49 AM
well at the moment someone has hired me to fish and it has been a good 20 minutes and the bonus is still being added I have completed the job but have yet to be able to collect my bonus.

just hope their other farms are not the same have 3 more to do