PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- February 19th, 2010

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Feb 19 2010, 08:22 PM
Hi There,

We just released a new version with support for harvesting different animals.

Here is how it works:

Chicken Coop: Allows you to harvest the eggs of the hens and geese and sell the eggs at the marketplace. The Hen is a new animal that your friends can send you as a gift. You can harvest them once every day.

Wool Shed: This is a new building that allows you to harvest the wool of the sheep and llamas and sell the wool at the marketplace. You can harvest them once every 2 days.

Dairy Shed: Allows you to harvest the milk of the cows and goats and sell the milk at the marketplace. You can harvest them once every 3 days.

You just need to click on the animal building and select the harvest option. All the animals on your farm related to that building will be harvested at once. Note that depending on your computer power and other factors, having an exesive amount of animals on your farm can make the game slower.

The Dairy Shed has been moved from level 49 to level 27. A new Stone Cabin has been added on the level 49.

Also, your item storage capacity has been increased. Now you can storage 5 additional items for each neighbour you have.

Thanks

--Raul

Capt. Conor
Feb 19 2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the update, more levels are really needed though.

txfishermn
Feb 19 2010, 08:41 PM
Is this it? Level 60 and no further? I would like a bigger farm or at least another. This is a great addiction!:p

b_in_ms
Feb 19 2010, 08:45 PM
Thank you for letting us start making more use of our animals than just for decoration. I just bought the wool shed and dairy shed. I have had the coop for a long time.
I look forward to using these in my farming.
I really appreciate all the hard work you have putting into this for our enjoyment and I am looking forward to bigger and better things.
I have been playing for almost a year now and can appreciate all the hard work you have done to make this game more enjoyable for all.

Farmer_Susan
Feb 19 2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks, Raul! Eager to try the new features.

Harvest Moon
Feb 19 2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the great update..the dev team has done an excellent job again...xx

JAS0643
Feb 19 2010, 09:02 PM
Thank you for the updates I can't wait to play with them.

Tyler45
Feb 19 2010, 09:05 PM
Great job devs. Hopefully your next task is more levels :)

Farmer_Susan
Feb 19 2010, 09:08 PM
Thank you thank you THANK you for the extra storage! I went to rearrange my farm to make room for the new items and having the extra storage helped so much! Y'all rock!

JAS0643
Feb 19 2010, 09:48 PM
I noticed that we can not hire to harvest the animals, is there a reason for this? It's not that big a deal just wondering. Also I would like to see the other animals harvested, like maybe meat from the pigs, without killing the pigs for the ones that don't like that idea.

donnamishel
Feb 19 2010, 09:52 PM
thank u very much devs!!!

Pam the Farm girl
Feb 19 2010, 10:07 PM
THANK YOU! (Yes, I was shouting. Sorry about that.)

silvia8917
Feb 19 2010, 10:16 PM
Wow thank you! ^^
Just want to confirm, would the animals go "wasted" like the crops too!

SunnyD
Feb 19 2010, 10:45 PM
Cool new features..... Just a little disappointed that the new buildings aren't on a more rustic scale that you had seemed to be doing as with the barn, chicken coop and tool shed from before..... the new ones seem to be cartoon like..(can't please everyone I know) maybe it is just looking that way in the store personally I am waiting to see them on someone's farm before I get them... was shocked when I saw the amount you had raised the storage though that is totally fantastic......

lcswdonna
Feb 19 2010, 10:53 PM
thank you, thank you, thank you. New toys!!!

niknik007
Feb 19 2010, 11:04 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! Now I can put my Valentine's Day items in storage without having to sell off my other stuff!! Off I go to play with the animals!!

JAS0643
Feb 19 2010, 11:06 PM
Cool new features..... Just a little disappointed that the new buildings aren't on a more rustic scale that you had seemed to be doing as with the barn, chicken coop and tool shed from before..... the new ones seem to be cartoon like..(can't please everyone I know) maybe it is just looking that way in the store personally I am waiting to see them on someone's farm before I get them... was shocked when I saw the amount you had raised the storage though that is totally fantastic......

The building do not look cartoon at all to me.

justmecookin
Feb 19 2010, 11:06 PM
Thank you Raul...Love the update...

opheeelia
Feb 19 2010, 11:13 PM
Thank you, thank you! LOVE the stone cabin, I put it on my second farm and love it.

Sandie Angel
Feb 19 2010, 11:14 PM
Oh this is great!!! Finally some new stuff!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!! I wish I could have it day before yesterday, for i have just built my castle wall for my little playground. Now I will have to find some rooms for the new stuff. Will have to re-arrange everything again. :)

Thank you Raul!!!

Sandie Angel :)

Sassy Kathy
Feb 19 2010, 11:56 PM
Can the animals be placed in the buildings? I got rid of my animals a long time ago, except for my horses and dogs. I would start collecting them again if they can go inside the buildings.

Kay Pasa
Feb 20 2010, 12:09 AM
Thank you so much for the new stuff, especially the hens! I been waiting and asking for them for a long time. I love the new log cabin also. Ya'll are great!

Liriel Estel
Feb 20 2010, 12:20 AM
I noticed that we can not hire to harvest the animals, is there a reason for this? It's not that big a deal just wondering. Also I would like to see the other animals harvested, like maybe meat from the pigs, without killing the pigs for the ones that don't like that idea.

The other farm game uses pigs to dig up truffles.;)

Thanks for the good work devs. I appreciate the new additions.

kittykat1958
Feb 20 2010, 12:27 AM
any kind of update is great but it seems like ft is trying to become another fv,you have been able to harvest their animals for awhile now,i dont play fv any more hated that game love ft way more so please stop trying to be like them,Also why oh why did you get rid of the rose wagon and heart trees from the valentine day stuff but yet you kept the stupid flower heart

JAS0643
Feb 20 2010, 12:40 AM
The other farm game uses pigs to dig up truffles.;)

Thanks for the good work devs. I appreciate the new additions.

So what does farm ville have to do with farm town or what I posted. This is not farm ville so no need to bring them up here.

any kind of update is great but it seems like ft is trying to become another fv,you have been able to harvest their animals for awhile now,i dont play fv any more hated that game love ft way more so please stop trying to be like them,Also why oh why did you get rid of the rose wagon and heart trees from the valentine day stuff but yet you kept the stupid flower heart

Farm town planed to have the animals harvestable not long after the game started. Bert one of the developers even posted what they planed to do with the animals. Not long after that farm ville started the harvesting of animals and copied just about everything Bert posted on this forum, so they didn't bring that into the game here at that time. So the point I'm trying to make is that Farm town is not being like farm ville they are just a. doing what they planed all along, and b. what the players have been asking for.

Judy1953
Feb 20 2010, 01:06 AM
Thank you so much for the new excitement - no complaints from me - just lovely to have something new to do. Can't please all the people all the time I guess - thanks again.

lolcat
Feb 20 2010, 01:48 AM
Thank you Devs for the great additions to the game! I love the design of the Stone Cabin and Wool Shed. And I am SOOO glad to find you increased the storage!

But could you guys please bring back the Rose Wagon and Love Bird Trees??? You guys kept the FT Pumpkins, Autumn Trees, and Cauldron from Halloween/Autumn, and the Flower Arch and the Flower Heart from Valentine's Day, so why not these two items? It's a shame to have these nice items in the store for just a short amount of time. I would have bought more but there was no more room on my farm or in storage. I thought they would probably be in the store as long as the Christmas items... Reconsider please :)

Judy1953
Feb 20 2010, 01:56 AM
I kept my love bird trees - just liked them so much and thought they would probably disappear. :D

xgonenutzs
Feb 20 2010, 02:34 AM
WOOT WOOT !!
new things , thank you so very much for all you do :-)

felicitycoombs
Feb 20 2010, 03:07 AM
it would take a long time to make your money back on these new sheds. I like my animals and only keep a small number so I am not bothering to lock them up in sheds.

essexboy
Feb 20 2010, 03:22 AM
what a great a refreshing release this is.thanks dev team:)

JanMac57
Feb 20 2010, 03:25 AM
Thank you! Absolutely delighted with the new stone cabin. Looks great on my farm. I know others are asking for the rose wagon back (glad I kept mine) but I'd love it if you'd consider a seasonal tab for some of these items. As one Kiwi friend says, their winter doesn't start for a bit yet and their fall is coming up fast. I've a mountain theme and would love to be able to buy snow or snow trees again. At least with the seasonal tab, it would let more celebrate their seasons as they happen. At any rate, great addition. The sheds will be fun to play with too!

debjones334
Feb 20 2010, 03:31 AM
thank you thank you! Keep up the good work.

Aero 1
Feb 20 2010, 03:50 AM
Hi There,

Here is how it works:

Chicken Coop: Allows you to harvest the eggs of the hens and geese and sell the eggs at the marketplace. The Hen is a new animal that your friends can send you as a gift. You can harvest them once every day.

Wool Shed: This is a new building that allows you to harvest the wool of the sheep and llamas and sell the wool at the marketplace. You can harvest them once every 2 days.

Dairy Shed: Allows you to harvest the milk of the cows and goats and sell the milk at the marketplace. You can harvest them once every 3 days.

You just need to click on the animal building and select the harvest option. All the animals on your farm related to that building will be harvested at once. Note that depending on your computer power and other factors, having an exesive amount of animals on your farm can make the game slower.

The Dairy Shed has been moved from level 49 to level 27. A new Stone Cabin has been added on the level 49.

Also, your item storage capacity has been increased. Now you can storage 5 additional items for each neighbour you have.

Thanks

--Raul

:(:(:(:(: Good update for those who have animals no good for those of us who dont and dont wish to have any because as you say it slows the game down. Dissapointed would have like some new seeds at least. I am happy for those farmers who will enjoy this update but for me the last 2 updates have been dissapointing. :(:(:(:(:(:

JAS0643
Feb 20 2010, 03:51 AM
it would take a long time to make your money back on these new sheds. I like my animals and only keep a small number so I am not bothering to lock them up in sheds.

You don't have to put the animals in the sheds, in fact you can't put them in the sheds. The buildings just let you harvest the animals on the farm. If you have 1 hen or 1000 hens when you click on the chicken coop it will harvest all of them at one time.

Zoe101
Feb 20 2010, 04:11 AM
Boring boring boring this update is boring like the last one. Animals slow the game down got rid of all mine for this reason so why would i want to get more animals just to use these buildings :confused: I know I could have the buildings for decoration but would of been happy with new seeds more than anything. :(
It just keeps getting worse. :(

jlb
Feb 20 2010, 04:32 AM
Boring boring boring this update is boring like the last one. Animals slow the game down got rid of all mine for this reason so why would i want to get more animals just to use these buildings :confused: I know I could have the buildings for decoration but would of been happy with new seeds more than anything. :(

I have to agree. Animals slow this game down so bad I hate harvesting on a farm that has animals because its so slow. I too am dissappointed with this update as I was with the last one. I might use the buildings but for decoration only. We need new seeds and more farm items. Iv been playing since April 09 and the game has come a long way since then but these last 2 updates have been no good to me at all.

Im happy for those farmers who will enjoy this update though. After all you cant please everyone and this is just my opinion and I am just giving my feed back which is what the devs want. I look forward to the next update maybe there will be something in that one to keep me interested. Thanks devs for all your hard work.

Debbie Zes
Feb 20 2010, 04:37 AM
Thank you for the information . I don't fool with many animals , the most I have is white rabbits , only because Im waiting on Easter items .

IM more into building stuff not animals . We really need more levels ,
as of right now ALL my neighbors and friends aren't on Farmtown
they all went to other games , farmville and 4 other games .
Looks like the media make farmville the number one game .

Know me , Im more devoted to farmtown , I feel one game ( habit )
is enough .

Building , levels , coins , xp , and holiday items , what I'm more
interesting in . Im a planner , love to build . You didnt give us
a condo building so I build my own . I always said , in real too ,
if you want something bad enough , you've to do it yourself .

I been on here for 7 months .....

tharcicia
Feb 20 2010, 05:27 AM
Thanks especially the storage this makes me very happy for I keep loosing neighbours and storagespace. For everybody is off to farmville well I am not donīt like the game anyway compared to farm town! ;-)

Keep up the good work!

jefferyprimeau97
Feb 20 2010, 06:08 AM
umm how come my dairy shed and chikin coop and wool shed will only let me put just 1 animal in them

tharcicia
Feb 20 2010, 06:19 AM
you are not suppose to put animals in them but only harvest them does not matter where you put your animals on you farm!

HelenJS22
Feb 20 2010, 07:05 AM
THANK YOU FOR SOMETHING NEW FOR OUR FARMS :) WOW!!! I absolutely have to go away more often. The last upgrade happened the day I left for a holiday, and this time you have pulled it off on the exact day I have come back from a week off. Shhhh don't tell anyone on the Social Forum, or they'll all be chasing me off on holiday again :D Many thanks for giving us a little upgrade ..... it's much appreciated and will be fun too.
PS: I also love the new storage capacity, and I already stock piled my flower wagon.

barneyboy
Feb 20 2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the udate, figured something was going on with all the glitches the last few days...lol. I've been wanting something to look forward to besides my goal of 1 million pts. Maybe I can get my farm back to being a farm now that this option is available. Big applause to all of you. Hopefully more levels will be next. Thanks again.

gamespotter
Feb 20 2010, 07:50 AM
how do i place my hens in the chicken coop? they will go up to it but not in it

~Farmer Tom~
Feb 20 2010, 07:56 AM
I thank you in behalf of those that enjoy this update, however, farmville has been doing this for quite some time. I would rather see new updates that someone else hasnt yet done. You have a ton of great suggestions in the forums to read over, like weather events, etc etc. Lets think outside the box and bring farmtown back on top.

Crow Meris
Feb 20 2010, 08:06 AM
The coops aren't meant for storage of your hens - think of them as "free range" hens. Clicking on the coop once a day will harvest their eggs.

davina511
Feb 20 2010, 08:07 AM
I love the idea of harvesting animals now but it would be nice if you could put the animals in the barns/sheds so they won't take up space. I don't play this game that often because the updates are slow but I do check on my farm every now and then and surprised at the updates. Keep up the good work.

Crow Meris
Feb 20 2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks, Devs! I really like the idea that the animals don't have to be cooped up (pardon the pun).

If it seems that visiting a farm with a lot of animals slows you down, make sure you have "freeze animals" selected in the options menu - it really helps me (your mileage may vary).

tjleers
Feb 20 2010, 08:23 AM
Is this it? Level 60 and no further? I would like a bigger farm or at least another. This is a great addiction!:p

I so totally agree. Great addiction and better than any other addiction i can think of. Please give us more levels. :)

Rudyskid
Feb 20 2010, 08:29 AM
I like the idea of "harvesting" animals, and I'd love to set this up on my second farm, BUT one big problem: can't move animals from 1st farm to 2nd. Why can't the animals be put into storage like everything else?

carlybears
Feb 20 2010, 08:44 AM
I tried to put my animals in their respective houses, but no will go. Is there a secret to getting them there? It's no fun if it doesn't work....

PennyLewis
Feb 20 2010, 08:44 AM
Thank you for the extra storage. This will give me more options as I continue experimenting with building stuff on my second farm. (I'ts a crime ridden Trailer Park). Suggestions welcome if you visit.

CallistoGlow
Feb 20 2010, 08:46 AM
I LOVE the new updates. FarmTown is 100 per cent better than the other farming game and always has been!

Molly Mew
Feb 20 2010, 08:51 AM
I tried to put my animals in their respective houses, but no will go. Is there a secret to getting them there? It's no fun if it doesn't work....

They don't go inside the buildings.. they can be anywhere on your farm but will still be 'harvested' when you click on the building.

There's more information in this post..

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305114

RevJack
Feb 20 2010, 09:42 AM
You have to do some work yourself instead of hiring it all out!

angeskye
Feb 20 2010, 10:11 AM

Sigh.... asked and answered already a few times in 6 pages... why can't people do a little research to see if their question is answered already? lol

~~~~~~~

From me... as someone who only has 8 neighbours, i am soo happy with the extra storage! thank you! :)

sapsgal
Feb 20 2010, 10:15 AM
Great new features, but why cant we buy Geese anymore? I cant see them in the store.

Texas Belle
Feb 20 2010, 10:22 AM
hi there,

we just released a new version with support for harvesting different animals.

Here is how it works:

chicken coop: Allows you to harvest the eggs of the hens and geese and sell the eggs at the marketplace. The hen is a new animal that your friends can send you as a gift. You can harvest them once every day.

wool shed: This is a new building that allows you to harvest the wool of the sheep and llamas and sell the wool at the marketplace. You can harvest them once every 2 days.

dairy shed: Allows you to harvest the milk of the cows and goats and sell the milk at the marketplace. You can harvest them once every 3 days.

The dairy shed has been moved from level 49 to level 27. A new stone cabin has been added on the level 49.

also, your item storage capacity has been increased. Now you can storage 5 additional items for each neighbour you have.

thanks

--raul

thanks raul

scotslassy
Feb 20 2010, 10:24 AM
The update is good if you keep animals but like lots of other people i ditched them ages ago as they slow the comp down soo much ,likewise i dont harvest or plough other folks farms with lots of animals on or free range animals they make the job far too slow.

The extra storage is great tho, thats the biggest draw back to farmtown for me.

I know a few folk have said they prefer farmtown over farmville and i used to be one those ,but im now spending most of my time in ville instead as there is more there to draw me back ,like stable building, coop expansions,so much interactiveness rather than just sowing and ploughing,which gets boring after a while.Farmville is more like a game where you get to do so much more and you feel like your achieving something rather than just gaining experience points that get you no where if your already level 60 and coins you cant really spend as the items rarely change .The gifts have not changed in nearly a year ,the same old ones!!!! At least ville put up different seeds every week and different gifts to send every week plus great ideas to keep you interested,theres nothing really exciting any more in farmtown,updates and new items are slow to come and cause disruption when they do.

All this is just my own opinion and of course they will differ with others,but just needed to say it.

I was an avid farmtown fan but now im just a bored one that goes through the motion of sowing and harvesting for nothing !!!

non begging betty
Feb 20 2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks Team..keep up the good work :D

Texas Belle
Feb 20 2010, 10:27 AM
I love the idea of harvesting animals now but it would be nice if you could put the animals in the barns/sheds so they won't take up space. I don't play this game that often because the updates are slow but I do check on my farm every now and then and surprised at the updates. Keep up the good work.

NO, please it would be like Farmville, all the animals inside the pens and you can't enjoy them walking around or sounding off. I don't like stiff animals, they are meant to be just like in a farm, outside and doing their thing, remember the song "don't fence me in"....

Thanks y'all, you are doing a great job...

P.S. Maybe more levels, new seeds? LOL

ragboat
Feb 20 2010, 10:32 AM
I too would like the option of being able to move my animals to my second farm. I really don't want to buy more animals just to populate the second farm. I have enough on the first farm to share.

Jim Cullen
Feb 20 2010, 10:36 AM
I like the dairy building but I noticed that the fence goes right though part of the building when the building is placed close to the fence (not on the fence, but with enough clearance that it should be ok) I think there is a problem with the outline/footprint of the dairy building. thanks. Jim

SallyL
Feb 20 2010, 10:50 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

BirdSalad
Feb 20 2010, 10:50 AM
Cool. I got to harvest one goose egg this morning, since I've had the chicken coop for a quite a while, and had one goose.

I like that we can harvest animals now. I won't get rich on them, since I only have one or two of every animal so I don't slow down the game too much, but it's fun to know they are useful.

I have a favor for the developers. Since I don't play much during the week (due to sadly needed to earn real cash as well as farm coins), would you post a warning before you switch the game to needing to feed animals? I don't want my friendly farm animals to die one week because I didn't know to put food out for them!

Thanks for the updates!

Jim Cullen
Feb 20 2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks also for increasing the storage, but the storage of 10 dirt paths should only could as one item. It should count unique items, not how many of each like most databases would. thanks. Jim

FishPharm
Feb 20 2010, 11:00 AM
I know many people have stopped playing this game because the developers ignore peoples continued request for bigger farms. No one wants another 12x12 plot...............we want to make our existing farms bigger. Until this happens more and more people will stop playing.

fairview farm
Feb 20 2010, 11:14 AM
Great update ! keep up the good work Best Farm game yet!!!!

Megwek
Feb 20 2010, 11:22 AM
I was trying to put the animals in the new buildings but they just went behind the buildings.. :) I guess they don't need to be in the building to harvest.

Great idea though, thanks for the update.

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 20 2010, 12:00 PM
I was trying to put the animals in the new buildings but they just went behind the buildings.. :) I guess they don't need to be in the building to harvest.

Great idea though, thanks for the update.

You are correct, animals don't go inside the buildings.

lulu836
Feb 20 2010, 12:09 PM

How about truffles from the pigs?

Surprised with the new additions............good job; however being able to put the animals in their respective pens would possibly help with the slowness that "free" animals make on farms when trying to work for others. Some folks just don't know when to stop with the animals. I understand why Flash is slow in these instances but putting the animals "away" would solve a big problem.

The ability to move animals from one farm to another would be a BIG help. I have enough to share between farms and now would like to populate my second farm with some that are on the first farm. If we can share farm implements why not animals?

Charlotte's Web Farm
Feb 20 2010, 12:40 PM

hmmmm Meat without killing. We could have a surgical team around to stop the blood loss! Better yet, lets remove the gene that gives an animal pain so it doesn't bother them to have limbs removed. They can be happy and we can eat!

platinum
Feb 20 2010, 12:49 PM
THANKS SO MUCH for all the adjustments!! I am at the new level 60, have a second farm and luv, luv luv playing ... if you could look further at the animals in Farmville, avatar in Island Paradise and keep the communication options you now have in Farm Town, the game would benefit . I like how Farm Town works best of all but the horses for my farm look like ants and I'd love my avatar to have more choices for tone, expression, hair color. style, etc., as well as change of outfit. The scale of some objects seems not compatible with others. When I look at my Farm2 which I had hoped would represent a horse farm there is no way to visualize what I had intended. Even the Oriental Farmhouse I bought seem too small ... however, I am very pleased with the game. Also, why does the gifter pop us so much and the game restrict our time? My suggestion for the Inn is that it serve coffee and hot chocolate ... I think that's all for now ...

Little Wing Farm
Feb 20 2010, 12:55 PM
I'm reading the updates and reading through but I'm not seeing anything about whether you need any of these buildings placed on each of your farms if you have 2 farms.
I did harvest animals on my 2nd farm and looked in my storage, it was only equal to what I had on my 2nd farm.
Just wondering if you needed to have a building of each on both farms.

momsworld
Feb 20 2010, 01:01 PM
any chace level 60 will be able to buy a third farm?????

BunnyLuv
Feb 20 2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the info Raul, much help:)

DeeLBee
Feb 20 2010, 01:39 PM
No, no, no......no meat from pigs!! Maybe have pigs give birth and sell piglets, but no meat processing,,please!!

Majik Merlin
Feb 20 2010, 01:45 PM
I know many people have stopped playing this game because the developers ignore peoples continued request for bigger farms. No one wants another 12x12 plot...............we want to make our existing farms bigger. Until this happens more and more people will stop playing.

I would like mine larger also, but have contented myself with a second farm and gotten all the upgrades. I believe the reason the devs don't want to go larger is because it would slow the game more than it already has.

maybe a third farm would be good, but I'd like the increase in levels first.

Kuddos on all the improvements..I'm a happy farmer

Jim Cullen
Feb 20 2010, 02:02 PM
I like the dairy building but I noticed that the fence goes right though part of the building when the building is placed close to the fence (not on the fence, but with enough clearance that it should be ok) I think there is a problem with the outline/footprint of the dairy building. thanks. Jim

Noticed that this only occurs in one rotation of the building. The other rotation allows the building to be closer to the fence. Guess I can live with that.

l!sa
Feb 20 2010, 02:30 PM
I like the changes, but i'd also like more levels and more challenges. It seems that all my neighbors have migrated to FV because they are bored with just planting and plowing to make coins to buy old stuff. More new stuff please.

Kelsey
Feb 20 2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks Raul and Dev Team!!! You guys rock!

curlytop
Feb 20 2010, 02:45 PM
Thank you sooooo much raul and devs.....love the new upgrades, the stone cabin and and being able to harvest animals...it is great,,,love the wool shed also....big thumbs up to you....it is greatly appreciated!!:d:d

Momma Woods
Feb 20 2010, 02:53 PM
I love the update and was pleasantly suprised at the coins paid for the animal products.
I apologize for this inquiry, but don't know where to post it.
I have 67 neighbors and can interact with all but one of them. This neighbor can see me, but I can't see him. I can't tend his farm even tho I can see leaves, dryness, etc. He sends hire request that I don't receive. We have tried everthing from refresh, signing out and back in of Facebook and going to mutual neighbor's farm. Nothing works. Is there a solution.

joann141
Feb 20 2010, 03:03 PM
i would like to be able to move the aminals from farm 1 to farm 2

damichcoop
Feb 20 2010, 03:07 PM

Well I guess you haven't been playing that long or you haven't explored enough. You can upgrade your farm to a 24x24 plot, and buy a second farm that is linked to your first farm (share experience points, coins, neighbors, etc, and move things between farms) and you can expand that farm up to a 24x24 farm. So what do you want? That's more than FV is giving people.

glowbyrd
Feb 20 2010, 03:34 PM
It appears that the animals dont actually go into the sheds?

damichcoop
Feb 20 2010, 03:57 PM
It appears that the animals dont actually go into the sheds?

That is correct. The sheds are just on the farm, the animals can roam free, and when ready to harvest, you just click on the shed, and it will harvest all th animals associated with that shed.

bfpritch
Feb 20 2010, 03:58 PM
As with seeds and fruit trees, I feel that the animals should be in the store for purchase. It is hard enough having enough fuel to plant and harvest. We have to rely on friends to send fuel tanks. But now you want us to rely on friends for animals to harvest too. What else are we to do with the millions and millions of coins we have on hand?

Rudyskid
Feb 20 2010, 04:13 PM
i would like to be able to move the aminals from farm 1 to farm 2

Me, too! I'd much rather set up the harvesting buildings on Farm 2, and only want animals on one farm.

CynthiaSue
Feb 20 2010, 04:22 PM
I love this new feature for harvesting animals. Just a few clicks and one is done. I bought the wool shed and it is really nice. Also, I couldn't believe that they gave us more storage. Very nice update.

scotslassy
Feb 20 2010, 04:23 PM
I like the changes, but i'd also like more levels and more challenges. It seems that all my neighbors have migrated to FV because they are bored with just planting and plowing to make coins to buy old stuff. More new stuff please.

same here i have lost so many neighbours to farmville ,i get so few gifts from them now ,and i really needed the fuel as i cant buy it ,that i no longer spend the time in farmtown now anymore.Its tedious with 2 farms very little fuel and having to do it manually.

ramseye45
Feb 20 2010, 04:50 PM
I still don't understand why you would like farmville over farmtown. You can't hire to harvest or plow and you can't chat while someone is working. That is why I like farmtown.

I do like the new items and hopefully will bring your neighbors back

damichcoop
Feb 20 2010, 04:53 PM
As with seeds and fruit trees, I feel that the animals should be in the store for purchase. It is hard enough having enough fuel to plant and harvest. We have to rely on friends to send fuel tanks. But now you want us to rely on friends for animals to harvest too. What else are we to do with the millions and millions of coins we have on hand?

The only way to get the goose or Llama is to buy them. Some are available to be bought and some are gifts. Just give this program some time, there are still great things to come. Just watch for them.

RonHarris
Feb 20 2010, 05:12 PM
Thank you for these updates. I am a huge fan of the chicken coop and have many chicks. The extra storage is a huge gift as well!

Jennie C.
Feb 20 2010, 05:13 PM

You need a THIRD farm? :)

Jennie C.
Feb 20 2010, 05:14 PM

Howinhell do you get meat from an animal without killing it? Said "ones" probably think meat comes naturally wrapped in cellophane.:rolleyes:

Jennie C.
Feb 20 2010, 05:19 PM

Doesn't sound like you have to "lock them up." I put a fence around my sheep barn, because it just seemed to make sense (btw, devs, thank for including the llama wool: I had one just for fun, but nice to have him be utile), but my hens are running free like my sister's do in RL.

I should say my "hen," only one so far, but friends can send me a few (hint) :D

Jennie C.
Feb 20 2010, 05:22 PM

Why would you want more animals? because, maybe, it's fun?

scotslassy
Feb 20 2010, 05:45 PM
I still don't understand why you would like farmville over farmtown. You can't hire to harvest or plow and you can't chat while someone is working. That is why I like farmtown.

I do like the new items and hopefully will bring your neighbors back

Trouble is theres not enough new items and others cant harvest them or anything and as for chat most workers work in full screen so you cant chat to them anyway.In farmville you interact in so many different ways with folk by collecting items from them or help them make , build and assemble things and by fertilizing there crops and feeding chickens.My facebook page is full of comments , jokes and general chat all to do with FV and its fun.

Dont get me wrong i like FT and it was my very favourite upto a few weeks ago ,but i got into FV and the continuous things to do and achieve have changed my thoughts.I think it was the growing basket that did it for me in FT,it didnt work untill valentines was almost over yet FV had gift collecting to exchange for nice items as well as gift exchanging to neighbours and free grabs up for the taking plus loads more going on ,at Christmas they had gift giving to put under a tree that grew and looked fab when finished.

Guess im just bored with just sowing and harvesting and nothing else, accumulating XP thats no good to me and coins i cant spend.

But hey ho i'll still be doing it lol

CynthiaSue
Feb 20 2010, 06:28 PM
I like both games, but FV is very time consuming watching teh feed to get items, especially fuel. Without finding in in eggs, you can only do 150 plots every 6 hours counting using all 3 vehicles. Here I can do an entire farm once a day seeding and hire the plowing and harvesting done by others. So I have one farm devoted entirely to crops and the other one devoted to decor. I love having 2 farms. I do agree the animals make it lag and for that reason, it would have been nice to put animals in the barn. To me, the coins is not the issue. I have planted alot and have lots of coins, so making them is not important. Still neat to be able to harvest them with one click and hopefully no tear drops above their heads.

Sure we got alot of valentines on Farmville, but only 6 items to choose from and nothing particurlary geered to the realistic farmer. Here you get alot of choices for coin items. There, most of the new items are cash and teh coin ones usually are part of the cash theme ones and, actually, I rarely want them anyway.

Here I got 100 storage without raising a bunch of barns.

I really do like both, but this game is alot more laid back and is enjoyable for that reason. The other one keeps you continually checking the feed and getting people to help you all the time. I have talked to people more on this game than FV. Conversation on FV is basically, could you help me by sending me stable parts? lol. I like helping people, but here we have talked about lots of things.

secannon
Feb 20 2010, 06:36 PM
How many coins for harvesting each animal, please?

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 20 2010, 06:40 PM
How many coins for harvesting each animal, please?

Hen: 25 coins

Goose: 30 coins

Cow: 100 coins

Goat: 90 coins

Don't know about wool as mine are only half way ready to harvest.

What I had posted earlier was the amount I got for each sorry :o

SuzieRae
Feb 20 2010, 06:55 PM

Why don't you simply go to the real estate office and buy a bigger plot for your second farm? My second farm is now 18x18 and I'm going to upgrade it to a 20 x 20 after I harvest this crop ... Actually will probably go 22 x 22 or 24 x 24.

kaylene
Feb 20 2010, 07:00 PM
i thought once you bought the coops etc you could put your animals in them but they are still running around the farm...is this a glitche or is this what they are suppose to be doing ????

iots028
Feb 20 2010, 07:15 PM
I love the new buildings. I bought them and published it so all my former FT neighbors could see them. I would like to see better graphics for the animals though. I don't want to spend farmbucks on a nice horse stable and put the goofy looking horses near it.

kboomer46
Feb 20 2010, 07:23 PM
2/20/10 Yippee on giving animals some good use!
I have a few chicks. How about allowing baby animals to grow, then be used as the grown ones?

hhunting
Feb 20 2010, 07:36 PM
I like these additions...and am actually happy not to have more levels. When there are more levels available I feel like I need to start working toward them; when I'm at the top level I can design my farm and use my "growable" space for different designs, buildings, etc.

However, I'm having a big issue with just getting to the farm. When they changed facebook, they took away my quicklaunch toolbar...which makes it so hard to get to farmtown without going back to my main page. Farmville fixed this issue by putting out the Mafia Wars/Farmville toolbar -- which makes it easier to get there. Plus, both Mafia Wars and Farmville allow you to send gifts back to the sender...which means I get more gifts for those programs, and therefore go into them more often. In a given day I may get 1-2 FarmTown gifts, but 10-15 FarmVille gifts. I LOVE farmtown, and am not fond of farmville, but it's surprising how often I find myself there...just because I get the gifts. If you just allow us to send gifts back like they do it would bring many more people into the app.

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks especially the storage this makes me very happy for I keep loosing neighbours and storagespace. For everybody is off to farmville well I am not donīt like the game anyway compared to farm town! ;-)

Keep up the good work!

HelenJS22
Feb 20 2010, 07:37 PM
I love the new buildings. I bought them and published it so all my former FT neighbors could see them. I would like to see better graphics for the animals though. I don't want to spend farmbucks on a nice horse stable and put the goofy looking horses near it.

LOL - On behalf of the goofy looking horses I HEREBY PROTEST - You'll hurt their goofy little feelings. They have very sweet faces :p

Digger Margee
Feb 20 2010, 07:39 PM
Awesome! This makes having the animals meaningful.
Raul, how about harvesting Turkeys? And could pigs held for a while be worth more than they cost???

JAS0643
Feb 20 2010, 07:48 PM
Howinhell do you get meat from an animal without killing it? Said "ones" probably think meat comes naturally wrapped in cellophane.:rolleyes:

I know you have to kill animals to get the meat but I know that some would not like that idea so that is why I suggested it the way I did. Me personally (and I have suggested this) would like to see a slaughter house where we could take animals we no longer want and kill and process the meat from animals and then sell that meat in the MP. The avatars need to eat more then fruit and vegetables. :D I doubt that will ever be part of the game because some people really do not like that idea.

SwtDreams
Feb 20 2010, 07:57 PM
Is it just me? Since the upgrade I cannot use the dirt paths like I used to; they now need to be planted on grass. For example, can't use them to make waterfalls, etc.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 20 2010, 07:58 PM
Is it just me? Since the upgrade I cannot use the dirt paths like I used to; they now need to be planted on grass. For example, can't use them to make waterfalls, etc.

Is remove spaces checked?

edgin1@embarqmail.com
Feb 20 2010, 08:02 PM
I was proud to see the harvest dairy ,coop and wool shed and will enjoy it, but why do people knock farmville its just another farming game and a pleasure to play, I play both farms and enjoy both very much!!!

iots028
Feb 20 2010, 08:09 PM
I forgot to mention how grateful I am for the extra storage. It was such a pleasure to just store things to make room for the new buildings rather than moving everything around to get extra space.

bubba's girl
Feb 20 2010, 08:11 PM
the top 1.5 inches of my farm (ova yonda) has a translucent streaming graph that moves in real time showing "current Fps" "Average Fps", and "memory used" - not
sure where it comes from but I've never seen it before.
thanks
Bubba's Girl

SwtDreams
Feb 20 2010, 08:11 PM
Thank you Double T. Of course they were not. Heh, I'm such boob.

fragmentx
Feb 20 2010, 08:14 PM
i have a problem. The animals are on my first farm, and the shed is on my second. How do i get the animals to the second farm?

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 20 2010, 08:15 PM
Thank you Double T. Of course they were not. Heh, I'm such boob.

No problem. Sometimes with updates they come unchecked :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 20 2010, 08:16 PM
i have a problem. The animals are on my first farm, and the shed is on my second. How do i get the animals to the second farm?

Animals can't be moved to the second farm, only gifted there or purchased there. You can move the building though.

shirl the pearl
Feb 20 2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for these improvements, makes it more interesting
I got the goose eggs, but for some reason I cant harvest the wool from my sheep and llamas.

Also, are we getting any further. I have heaps of points, but the level is not moving.
Thanks for his great game
I am addicted. lol

fragmentx
Feb 20 2010, 08:23 PM
Animals can't be moved to the second farm, only gifted there or purchased there. You can move the building though.

this kinda suck. Since my farm is pretty much situated.

jayco33
Feb 20 2010, 08:24 PM

Mine is checked and I still can't use dirt paths since the update.

shirl the pearl
Feb 20 2010, 08:25 PM

probably put them in storage, then move them into second farm:)

Daisy1957
Feb 20 2010, 08:26 PM
Do I have to put my cows in the Dairy Shed? If so, how?

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 20 2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks for these improvements, makes it more interesting
I got the goose eggs, but for some reason I cant harvest the wool from my sheep and llamas.

Also, are we getting any further. I have heaps of points, but the level is not moving.
Thanks for his great game
I am addicted. lol

It's probably not ready to harvest. It takes a little bit. The hen/goose is the quickest. I've harvested twice now since we've had the ability, but the wool takes longer :)

SuzieRae
Feb 20 2010, 08:39 PM
I like both games, but FV is very time consuming watching teh feed to get items, especially fuel. Without finding in in eggs, you can only do 150 plots every 6 hours counting using all 3 vehicles. Here I can do an entire farm once a day seeding and hire the plowing and harvesting done by others. So I have one farm devoted entirely to crops and the other one devoted to decor. I love having 2 farms. I do agree the animals make it lag and for that reason, it would have been nice to put animals in the barn. To me, the coins is not the issue. I have planted alot and have lots of coins, so making them is not important. Still neat to be able to harvest them with one click and hopefully no tear drops above their heads. .......
I really do like both, but this game is alot more laid back and is enjoyable for that reason. The other one keeps you continually checking the feed and getting people to help you all the time. I have talked to people more on this game than FV. Conversation on FV is basically, could you help me by sending me stable parts? lol. I like helping people, but here we have talked about lots of things.

I have one farm that I'm always redesigning and the other is devoted totally to crops right now. I have had everything from a normal farm (several different designs) to a KOA campground (including pool and playground for the kiddies), to what I'm doing now which is sort of an 'English Garden' type thing. I love the new buildings, I enjoy chatting with the different people that come to my farm to harvest and plow, I like that I get enough fuel every day to farm both of my farms, I appreciate that my animals now do more than just decorate the place, and I had a blast at Christmas covering the place with snow patches and putting in snow covered trees (unlike FV where you paid extra for a solid white background and trees that you had to pay to put snow and lights on).

I really enjoy getting hired in the market place and going to other farms to see who has done what with their farms, even if they are small jobs, because I have plenty of coins, and I'm at level 60 so I don't need the points (being a seventy instead of a sixty isn't going to matter much is it; it is after all just a number). I simply enjoy the chance to chat with different people from all over the place, and the to those that are too busy to chat; no problem. I have an extensive buddy list of people that simply like popping in every so often to see what I'm doing with the farm next.

I play the game because I enjoy it, not for coins or experience points (it isn't like I'm trying to win a Jaguar or something). Different seeds once in a while would be fine, but I won't starve if I can't plant Rhubarb on my Farm Town farm, and so what if the animals slow you down; you're not running Olympic time trials for gosh sakes ... Maybe instead of racing through the jobs you get, if you actually take a minute to look at some of the farms you work at you will find there are some very creative people playing this game.

Try relaxing for a change and enjoy Farm Town for what it is ... a game ... a break from reality and a chance to meet some very nice people. You may just like it :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 20 2010, 08:43 PM
probably put them in storage, then move them into second farm:)

Animals cannot be placed in storage.

SuzieRae
Feb 20 2010, 08:45 PM
Try relaxing for a change and enjoy Farm Town for what it is ... a game ... a break from reality and a chance to meet some very nice people. You may just like it :)

By the way, this is my farm http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1350645893

SuzieRae
Feb 20 2010, 08:51 PM

By the way, this is my farm http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/

huffy
Feb 20 2010, 08:54 PM
Where do you find the cows and goats? I don't find them in my animals to buy.

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 20 2010, 08:55 PM
Where do you find the cows and goats? I don't find them in my animals to buy.

Cows and goats are only available by gifting.

LoreneC
Feb 20 2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks so much for the extra storage.

I think the new buildings are pretty.

I like this game way better than the "other farm game".

:)

Cotton Candy's Farm
Feb 21 2010, 01:07 AM
:confused:I was so excited to see I could buy SOMETHING at level 36 with over 4 million hard earned cash points. Can't buy land to harvest more. Nor a mansion yet. So after clicking the lovely wool shed to place it in its spot, the money went bye bye and when clicking the grass throne for it, the new purchase FLEW the COOP and was no where to be found. I even checked by storage thinking, okay I have an IT degree maybe they have a catch all for this area incase this happens. nope. Please send it back to me.
MD
Cotton Candy's Farm

Hi There,

Here is how it works:

Thanks

--Raul

benchjet
Feb 21 2010, 01:27 AM
thank you! love the new updats!

rab124
Feb 21 2010, 01:48 AM
I leave for 24 hours and new stuff appears - YAY - can't wait to try them all - thank you! Love the extra storage, too!

Tiffanytwirl
Feb 21 2010, 01:55 AM
Love it all!!! Great additions and now my animals will be worth added coins. So many of my neighbors had kind of quit wanting animals but I kept adding and now I'm happy I did. I already had the milk barn and the chicken coop but bought the wool barn. And thanks for the chickens!!! Its wonderful to finally have chickens to go with the roosters and the chicks. Now the question is answered. What came first? The chicken or the egg? In Farmtown the chick!! LOL but now we have hens for eggs!

Tiffanytwirl
Feb 21 2010, 01:56 AM
PS Love the extra storage. Farmtown is superior to Farmville in every way!!!

Tiffanytwirl
Feb 21 2010, 02:01 AM
I have one farm that I'm always redesigning and the other is devoted totally to crops right now. I have had everything from a normal farm (several different designs) to a KOA campground (including pool and playground for the kiddies), to what I'm doing now which is sort of an 'English Garden' type thing. I love the new buildings, I enjoy chatting with the different people that come to my farm to harvest and plow, I like that I get enough fuel every day to farm both of my farms, I appreciate that my animals now do more than just decorate the place, and I had a blast at Christmas covering the place with snow patches and putting in snow covered trees (unlike FV where you paid extra for a solid white background and trees that you had to pay to put snow and lights on).

I really enjoy getting hired in the market place and going to other farms to see who has done what with their farms, even if they are small jobs, because I have plenty of coins, and I'm at level 60 so I don't need the points (being a seventy instead of a sixty isn't going to matter much is it; it is after all just a number). I simply enjoy the chance to chat with different people from all over the place, and the to those that are too busy to chat; no problem. I have an extensive buddy list of people that simply like popping in every so often to see what I'm doing with the farm next.

I play the game because I enjoy it, not for coins or experience points (it isn't like I'm trying to win a Jaguar or something). Different seeds once in a while would be fine, but I won't starve if I can't plant Rhubarb on my Farm Town farm, and so what if the animals slow you down; you're not running Olympic time trials for gosh sakes ... Maybe instead of racing through the jobs you get, if you actually take a minute to look at some of the farms you work at you will find there are some very creative people playing this game.

So true!!!! I agree!!!!

radish
Feb 21 2010, 02:02 AM
I hope this is a move in the right direction. Almost all of my neighbors have left Farmtown for Farmville, mostly because FV changes and introduces goals/challenges and the FT game remains the same...and it takes FOREVER to level up here. (Not everybody conquers the game in a few months; I've been playing FT for a year and have yet to ever reach the highest level of the game...)

scarletdolphn
Feb 21 2010, 02:06 AM
A question was asked and i didn't see the reply so forgive me for repeating it. Do the animal harvesting time expire like crops do? It may be a silly question, cuz the animals don't expire but does the harvesting time expire? and if it says 3 days is the harvesting time double like crops?

radish
Feb 21 2010, 02:38 AM
A question was asked and i didn't see the reply so forgive me for repeating it. Do the animal harvesting time expire like crops do? It may be a silly question, cuz the animals don't expire but does the harvesting time expire? and if it says 3 days is the harvesting time double like crops?

Good question!

Judy1953
Feb 21 2010, 02:52 AM
A very good question - will await an answer. :D

candlelight
Feb 21 2010, 03:13 AM
:confused:I was so excited to see I could buy SOMETHING at level 36 with over 4 million hard earned cash points. Can't buy land to harvest more. Nor a mansion yet. So after clicking the lovely wool shed to place it in its spot, the money went bye bye and when clicking the grass throne for it, the new purchase FLEW the COOP and was no where to be found. I even checked by storage thinking, okay I have an IT degree maybe they have a catch all for this area incase this happens. nope. Please send it back to me.
MD
Cotton Candy's Farm

Please check your preferences under the spanner / wrench icon and make sure there is a tick / check mark beside Show Buildings.

farmtownma
Feb 21 2010, 04:19 AM
What happened to the geese?? I went to buy some at the store, and they are no longer there! How do I get more? Why are they gone? I bought a few a while ago, but now with the new coop, I don't want to have to rely on the couple neighbors I have to send me hens AND geese. Help!

anotherfarmer
Feb 21 2010, 05:04 AM

Yes good question, dont want the eggs to go off and smell - yakky smell rotten eggs lol

johnnydear
Feb 21 2010, 05:30 AM
My problem isn't with the animals ~ I will stick to farm ville I have enough there to do.. My question is with the watering the flowers.. I use to get the coins for the amount of flowers that I watered now with the flowers that are planted all over I don't get coins for that???? change it back to what it use to be.
And then the visiting I use to get 5 XP's for visiting now I only get one..I would really like to think all the time that it takes to visit I would be getting more XP's . hope this gets answered.

gomh
Feb 21 2010, 06:40 AM
when I click on coop, message reads: animals 100% ready for harvest. When I click on "harvest" message reads: there are no animals to harvest at this time. Can I fix this?:confused::confused:

sunn3y
Feb 21 2010, 07:21 AM

Why would you want/need to hire to harvest? All we need to do (if I understand it correctly) is click on building and it is all done! WOW! Lovin' it!!!! :)

gomh
Feb 21 2010, 07:30 AM
I clicked on chicken coop after being notified it was 100% ready to harvest but then when I choose the option to harvest, I get a notification that there are NO animals to harvest ... clicking on the building does NOTHING else

Heddryin
Feb 21 2010, 08:46 AM
I clicked on chicken coop after being notified it was 100% ready to harvest but then when I choose the option to harvest, I get a notification that there are NO animals to harvest ... clicking on the building does NOTHING else

Could you please link your farm (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301462) to help us help you ?

The question is : do you have hens or geese to harvest ?

gomh
Feb 21 2010, 09:21 AM
you probably have hidden your buildings ... go to the white wrench at the top right of your farm screen and click on it, then be sure buildings are allowed. this happened to me when I first started, so it's probably a common problem

Ladysyl
Feb 21 2010, 10:24 AM
Is there a certain number of animals that each shed, barn, coop will hold in it?
I noticed that at a certain point my cows would not go in the barn but it did not say full either.

Thanks!

candlelight
Feb 21 2010, 10:26 AM
Is there a certain number of animals that each shed, barn, coop will hold in it?
I noticed that at a certain point my cows would not go in the barn but it did not say full either.

Thanks!

The animals do not go into the buildings. The building and associated animals just need to be on the same farm in order to click on the building to harvest the animals.

Franklyn
Feb 21 2010, 11:14 AM
Why oh oh why is it so difficult to understand?

Love the new update. Good to see new uses for items already purchased.

Well done once again to the developers for their continued hard work in improving the game.

I have noticed that harvesting and ploughing have really improved too recently! :-)

lulu836
Feb 21 2010, 11:46 AM
the top 1.5 inches of my farm (ova yonda) has a translucent streaming graph that moves in real time showing "current Fps" "Average Fps", and "memory used" - not
sure where it comes from but I've never seen it before.
thanks
Bubba's Girl

Right click on the screen > choose the first on the list. something about hide

User1
Feb 21 2010, 12:01 PM
Love the new updates! Glad to see Farmtown is getting some of it's original design put into place!

The chicken coops, wool and dairy farm. Farmtown proves once again that they think outside the box. You don't have to worry about having to build multiple coops because you ran out of room. At the same time, too many animals will slow down you computer, so make sure you freeze animals. I think an option to put them inside with no building animation would please both groups of users.

(You can also right-click and change Quality settings to Low or Medium) Really helps me, and it's something Scamv er... farmville doesn't have. I have a good laptop, I can play games in the High setting, yet farmville will freeze up my computer or use up massive amounts of RAM, a problem I've never had with Farmtown (yes, FT has reloaded due to memory being taken up, but never to the point of slowing everything up)

Storage. More storage, how great is that! No need to worry about buildings taking up a lot of space only to store 2 items. I currently have more storage than I need.

I also tried putting my animals in their coops, lol. I played to much farmville. I left farmville after getting sick of not being able to plow 5 plots before it popped up some message or getting that "fv has been enhanced" thing after I had queued everything up.

Thanks again for the update dev team! Will come back more often to play this game (Though I'm nearing level 60).

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 21 2010, 12:36 PM
What happened to the geese?? I went to buy some at the store, and they are no longer there! How do I get more? Why are they gone? I bought a few a while ago, but now with the new coop, I don't want to have to rely on the couple neighbors I have to send me hens AND geese. Help!
Geese are now available only by gifting.

when I click on coop, message reads: animals 100% ready for harvest. When I click on "harvest" message reads: there are no animals to harvest at this time. Can I fix this?:confused::confused:

Do you have geese and hens?

benbrandon
Feb 21 2010, 01:26 PM
im having the same trouble as gomh as far as chicken coop goes with i saying ready and wen i try to harvest. unless u can only do hens witch i dont have but i do have chickens tho. i am a little confuss with it. im use to farmville mainly bc the animals goes inside the coops, barns, ect. instead just having to have the building or the animals around the building. thats why i think people think its confussing me included. i have to farms also but it would still make since to expand farm one somemore along with farm 2. just saying bc your adding stuff. im happy and i love FT. Thanks.

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 21 2010, 01:34 PM
im having the same trouble as gomh as far as chicken coop goes with i saying ready and wen i try to harvest. unless u can only do hens witch i dont have but i do have chickens tho. i am a little confuss with it. im use to farmville mainly bc the animals goes inside the coops, barns, ect. instead just having to have the building or the animals around the building. thats why i think people think its confussing me included. i have to farms also but it would still make since to expand farm one somemore along with farm 2. just saying bc your adding stuff. im happy and i love FT. Thanks.

Only hens and geese are harvestable, not chickens.

SunnyD
Feb 21 2010, 01:58 PM

Don't know if this is the way to make the coop and wool shed work .. but what I had to do was to add a new animal to it then click to harvest it.. and it said your 3 hens have been added to your coop or the 3 hen eggs have been added to your storage... but that is what i had to do ..... the only complaint I have with the new stuff is the dang hens are so mean. they run around and peck all my animals. my cows are going on strike till they stop this........ no milk for me.......

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx109/divasunshine1846/farmtown/meanhen.jpg

scarletdolphn
Feb 21 2010, 02:00 PM
do the hens, sheep and cow harvesting expire like planted crops do?

SunnyD
Feb 21 2010, 02:16 PM
do the hens, sheep and cow harvesting expire like planted crops do?

I would imagine since the Dev's didn't say that there was an expiration on the harvests we do get. that they must work pretty much like the trees do..

sunn3y
Feb 21 2010, 03:15 PM
OK... buildings...COOL! Love you 'devs'. You surpassed FarmVille. In FarmVille, animals need to be IN barn to be 'harvested'.

jeremiahq@charter.net
Feb 21 2010, 03:24 PM
your doing a good job can not wait to expande a third time would like the animals to have there own farm.

Betsy8833
Feb 21 2010, 03:24 PM
Pro: This is great! Our animals finally do something!
Con: One day before this was released, I re-arranged by farms and sold all my critters because they didn't serve any purpose. :( Just my luck. LOL

Even if my critters are gone, great new release!:)

sunn3y
Feb 21 2010, 03:32 PM
Can the animals be placed in the buildings? I got rid of my animals a long time ago, except for my horses and dogs. I would start collecting them again if they can go inside the buildings.

Sassy Kathy....Animals do NOt go inside buildings. They can be anywhere on your farm and they will be harvested when you click on building.

Mark Deere
Feb 21 2010, 03:36 PM
I noticed people complaining about the animals slowing the game down. What I do is keep all of my animals (mostly cows) on my first farm with no crops. I grow all of my crops on my 2nd farm, then it doesn't slow the harvesting down when I hire people. Just a suggestion, in case anyone might be interested.

jackisue
Feb 21 2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the updates. Love them! I wanted to move some of my buildings to the second farm but found I couldn't move the animals. They don't have a storage option. Is this something that will be changed? Anyway...thanks again for keeping me interested in playing.

JAS0643
Feb 21 2010, 04:05 PM
Why would you want/need to hire to harvest? All we need to do (if I understand it correctly) is click on building and it is all done! WOW! Lovin' it!!!! :)

Because you can hire to harvest everything else on your farm why not the animals. As far as "All we need to do (if I understand it correctly) is click on building and it is all done! WOW!" Isn't that all you have to do with the crops is click on them and they are harvested, if that is the case why hire people to harvest. The answer is it is a social game and that is part of the social aspect of the game. Plus you get more coins for harvest if other people harvest for you then if you do it your self.

elisestobbe
Feb 21 2010, 04:19 PM
I put the wool shed and dairy shed on my second farm, and just love this idea! Thank you!

sunn3y
Feb 21 2010, 04:24 PM

So.................quit. Quit complaining. I, peersonally, love the upgrades. NOW, FT is competing with FV.

Pete's Piggy
Feb 21 2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks Raul and all the developers who continually work to make this game so great!! My wife and I have been farming for almost a year now and we are constantly amazed with the upgrades over that time. Keep up the great work. Of course, we know you will. I trust that future upgrades will significantly enhance the game as you and your staff seem to have great imaginations. Thanks again.

sunn3y
Feb 21 2010, 04:25 PM
I put the wool shed and dairy shed on my second farm, and just love this idea! Thank you!

I love it also.:D

sunn3y
Feb 21 2010, 04:27 PM

NOT required to put animals in 'shed'. Clicking on 'shed' will 'harvest' all animals on your farm.

amers25
Feb 21 2010, 04:43 PM
ok i got a question....how do u put them in there homes? i bought a sheep and couldnt put it in the wool shelter....

SunnyD
Feb 21 2010, 04:52 PM
just put a fence around the building put the animals inside the fence.... no matter where they are at on your farm you only need to click the building....this gives you lots of design ideas i think since they are not put inside the buildings themself......

amers25
Feb 21 2010, 04:53 PM
ok thanks a bunch

S_J_P
Feb 21 2010, 04:56 PM
I love the new changes!! At level 60 I needed something to keep my busy other than plant.........and nice we only have to click on the building not each individual animal :)
Thanks Raul and all who made this happen!

lulu836
Feb 21 2010, 05:01 PM
Putting the animals in their respective buildings would make the game a lot faster for farmers who are harvesting others farms. Some farmers don't know when to quit acquiring animals which in turn roam all over the farm. Flash has to draw a whole sprite to form these animals and harvesting is also a Flash operation. Therefore if they were in their buildings the game would move along faster.

Jennie C.
Feb 21 2010, 05:14 PM
My problem isn't with the animals ~ I will stick to farm ville I have enough there to do.. My question is with the watering the flowers.. I use to get the coins for the amount of flowers that I watered now with the flowers that are planted all over I don't get coins for that???? change it back to what it use to be.
And then the visiting I use to get 5 XP's for visiting now I only get one..I would really like to think all the time that it takes to visit I would be getting more XP's . hope this gets answered.

If you have more than 50 neighbors, you get fewer points for visiting each one. That's been true since I started playing over a year ago.

Jennie C.
Feb 21 2010, 05:15 PM

Ummm, do you have any hens? The building doesn't lay eggs, the hens do!!

Farmer Thorn
Feb 21 2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks so much for the new barns and more storage. Finally something new to buy! And useful too... I like the clicking on barns to harvest and the fact that the animals can be anywhere on your farm (can't catch the da#@%n chickens most of the time anyways)

Jennie C.
Feb 21 2010, 05:21 PM
just put a fence around the building put the animals inside the fence.... no matter where they are at on your farm you only need to click the building....this gives you lots of design ideas i think since they are not put inside the buildings themself......

I put a fence around my sheep and one llama (got him on a whim, but am glad that he's now useful), but I like letting my chickens run free, as my sister does at her RL farm. (in RL, hers go back to their shed and lay their eggs in their little nest boxes, but run around the rest of the time, I like to think my FT hens do the same)

Jennie C.
Feb 21 2010, 05:22 PM
Putting the animals in their respective buildings would make the game a lot faster for farmers who are harvesting others farms. Some farmers don't know when to quit acquiring animals which in turn roam all over the farm. Flash has to draw a whole sprite to form these animals and harvesting is also a Flash operation. Therefore if they were in their buildings the game would move along faster.

Freeze the Animals! (alternatively, FREE the Animals :) )

erna b
Feb 21 2010, 05:24 PM
can you the animals place it in de chickencoop, diary etc

and what about the animals. i cant place them inside

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 21 2010, 05:31 PM
can you the animals place it in de chickencoop, diary etc

and what about the animals. i cant place them inside

Animals don't go inside buildings.

SunnyD
Feb 21 2010, 06:11 PM
Help!! Disconnects are horribile have spent almost 1 1/2 hours on the same neighbors 1st farm still have to do her 2nd farm.... what is up?? disconnected 4 times so far

sunn3y
Feb 21 2010, 06:19 PM

You do NOT have to put animals in their 'houses'. Farm Town will 'harvest' then wherever they are on you farm. Gotta love it.

lulu836
Feb 21 2010, 06:37 PM
You do NOT have to put animals in their 'houses'. Farm Town will 'harvest' then wherever they are on you farm. Gotta love it.

Do not like loose animals. Too many animals and the game slows to a crawl. Sometimes when trying to plow a farm with multitudes of loose animals the animals take up most of the available square which at times will prevent plowing of that square.

sunn3y
Feb 21 2010, 06:44 PM

I noticed animals are UNDER building. NOT good.

tcpie55
Feb 21 2010, 07:12 PM
I really like these new features, but when I moved things,around, I losr=t all my azala's. I had them in one spot now they are gone. Will I get them back?

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 21 2010, 07:18 PM
I really like these new features, but when I moved things,around, I losr=t all my azala's. I had them in one spot now they are gone. Will I get them back?

Try clearing your cache. Too bad your farm isn't linked so we could check it for you :(

sunn3y
Feb 21 2010, 07:40 PM
Noticed that this only occurs in one rotation of the building. The other rotation allows the building to be closer to the fence. Guess I can live with that.

I find my cows and goats UNDER the building...... WHY????

SuzieRae
Feb 21 2010, 07:48 PM

Here is how I see it ... You have the opportunity to earn coins and points by harvesting and plowing on other people's farms in Farm Town (something you can't do on the other farm game); if you don't like working on someone's farm because of their animals, then don't ... Your loss for not working there will be someone else's gain. You can simply join the other demanding people that say 'Plow Only', or 'I Only Work Alone', or 'Pineapples Only'. or 'No trees' ... Your motto can be 'Farms with No Farm Animals Only' ... I'm guessing that there will be a number of other people looking for work in the Market Place that will appreciate the jobs you pass on.

Soozy
Feb 21 2010, 08:25 PM
Since this last update, is anyone else getting the Pop Up when harvesting others farms asking do you want to keep this setting?
If you click Yes, it keeps popping up. If you click No, it stops, but it is truly annoying.

nikwheat
Feb 21 2010, 09:06 PM
Does anyone have an amount paid from harvesting animals?:rolleyes:

SunnyD
Feb 21 2010, 09:14 PM
was wondering if anyone has tried layering since the new updates.. I'm leery of spending money and not being able to layer.. course I could try a small patch with short crops to check it out... just thought i would reap the benefits from someone that has already tried....... LOL....... plus I'm lazy......

quone
Feb 21 2010, 09:34 PM
I just bought the chicken coop and dairy shed not realizing I can only receive the harvestable animals as gifts. None of my friends are on Farm Town (I've tried!). Please consider making the needed animals (or at least one type for each building) available for purchase.

lulu836
Feb 21 2010, 10:05 PM
Here is how I see it ... You have the opportunity to earn coins and points by harvesting and plowing on other people's farms in Farm Town (something you can't do on the other farm game); if you don't like working on someone's farm because of their animals, then don't ... Your loss for not working there will be someone else's gain. You can simply join the other demanding people that say 'Plow Only', or 'I Only Work Alone', or 'Pineapples Only'. or 'No trees' ... Your motto can be 'Farms with No Farm Animals Only' ... I'm guessing that there will be a number of other people looking for work in the Market Place that will appreciate the jobs you pass on.

That would be great advice for someone who has to go to the market place to look for work however I don't have to do that. Thanks anyway.

capricorn1
Feb 21 2010, 10:16 PM
Do not like loose animals. Too many animals and the game slows to a crawl. Sometimes when trying to plow a farm with multitudes of loose animals the animals take up most of the available square which at times will prevent plowing of that square.

It seems that a "Hide animals" Option is required.
:):)

Ferbylicious
Feb 21 2010, 10:31 PM
ok i have no cows and goats but i bought a dairy shed, I noticed i can't get them as gifts cause they're not giftable anymore so how can i get cows and goats. There are'nt any under "animals". uuuurggghhh did i just waste 300.000

thnx in advance

capricorn1
Feb 21 2010, 10:36 PM
Hen: 25 coins
Goose: 30 coins
Cow: 100 coins
Goat: 90 coins

From the space limitations point of view, it makes more sense to have trees rather than animals for passive income. :):).

Income from 1 mango tree or 1 coconut tree is almost the same as income from 1 cow.

You can easily have 70 coconut trees without space problems; how about 70 cows?? :):)

And you will have more available dough to buy the swimming pool.....;);)

Bottom line: a "click to harvest all trees" feature is required, :cool: :cool: as hired farmers usually avoid to harvest trees.

Judy1953
Feb 21 2010, 10:43 PM
ok i have no cows and goats but i bought a dairy shed, I noticed i can't get them as gifts cause they're not giftable anymore so how can i get cows and goats. There are'nt any under "animals". uuuurggghhh did i just waste 300.000

thnx in advance
Cows and goats are giftable - just checked. Can't buy them though. :D

capricorn1
Feb 21 2010, 10:56 PM
Thank you for the extra storage.

Now, there is a huge gap in the two and three day crops,
namely,
between 202 coins peas and 343 coins carrots
as well as
338 coins onions and 512 coins pineapples
that blackberry at 240 and rosemary at 431
do not adequately cover. :cool:

We need a couple of more seeds in there for the 2 day and the 3 day crops. :):)

FACT: The carrots image never shows in the harvests, when going to the marketplace to sell them.
QUESTION: Isn't it time to fix that? it is long overdue. ;);)

kicamc
Feb 22 2010, 12:01 AM
I got the wool shed, but cannot get my sheep inside. How do I do this??

Judy1953
Feb 22 2010, 12:15 AM
I got the wool shed, but cannot get my sheep inside. How do I do this??
The animals do not have to be inside the sheds - just leave them roam. :D

jwilson4979
Feb 22 2010, 12:48 AM
I dont know how to post a question so i'm doing this..lol For some reason when i was planting on my farm it was deleting it so now my whole farm is empty and it wont let me do anything with it...has this happened to anyone else???

earlgray
Feb 22 2010, 01:42 AM
I just want to say I love the way the wool shed looks, I put it where my red barn used to be. And the llamas and sheep are my favorite animals too. Thank you!!!

JAS0643
Feb 22 2010, 02:55 AM

Make sure you have show trees checked.

arda
Feb 22 2010, 05:04 AM
My chicken coop says 0% ready for harvest,I have 3 geese that I bought awhile ago,that I want to harvest,do I have to wait until coop says 100% ready for harvest?I keep my coop in storage and just take it out for harvesting,anyway when I do take it out and try to harvest the geesemthe coop tells me that I do not have anything to harvest,as I said I have 3 geese,is there something I am doing wrong?wrong coop?geese don,t lay eggs?coop should read 100%ready for harvset?don,t keep coop in storage?what am I doing wrong?new here,need explantion.

candlelight
Feb 22 2010, 05:32 AM
My chicken coop says 0% ready for harvest,I have 3 geese that I bought awhile ago,that I want to harvest,do I have to wait until coop says 100% ready for harvest?I keep my coop in storage and just take it out for harvesting,anyway when I do take it out and try to harvest the geesemthe coop tells me that I do not have anything to harvest,as I said I have 3 geese,is there something I am doing wrong?wrong coop?geese don,t lay eggs?coop should read 100%ready for harvset?don,t keep coop in storage?what am I doing wrong?new here,need explantion.

Hi arda, and welcome.

Your coop and your geese and hens all need to be on the same farm. I believe that putting the coop into storage and then taking it out again will re-set the progress back to 0% so you need to find a permanent home for it on the farm itself. It will be the coop you click on to harvest the geese.

mickmasters
Feb 22 2010, 06:04 AM
Why Chickens and Hens.

(I now know that the chicken came before the egg, though).:D

Farmer_Susan
Feb 22 2010, 06:09 AM
Just wanted to drop by again and say that I LOVE the new stone cabin! Wish I had a real one up in the mountains somewhere but this is definitely the second best thing. Kudos to your graphic designers. We're getting some really cool looking stuff. I'm a huge fan of the new flower shop, too.

Hope my new signature works - I'd love to have you stop by and see my new stuff. :)

unclebutch
Feb 22 2010, 06:19 AM
I tried to make a waterfall on my new farm and i noticed we can no longer stack. Was stacking considered a glitch? By not allowing us to stack you take away a whole dimension to the game.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Feb 22 2010, 07:17 AM
I tried to make a waterfall on my new farm and i noticed we can no longer stack. Was stacking considered a glitch? By not allowing us to stack you take away a whole dimension to the game.

if you can no longer stack using the dirt paths try checking you setting and make sure you have remove spaces checked. sometimes it resets itself when upgrades are done.

skye2
Feb 22 2010, 10:24 AM
I absolutely love the stone cottages! They are so sweet that I just had to buy one for both of my farms!! The wool shed is fantastic too! My llama loves it!!! Thank you so much!!! Wonderful job!!!!:D

irish dave
Feb 22 2010, 12:16 PM
hi ft devs , this game is the best on fb , well i would like to see where we could have machinery like a mill for the wheat , to make flour , same for grapes , wine u get the idea ,also a 3 rd farm would be nice , also i hope we have new crops and plz plz some good gifts for st patricks day .

yours irish dave

Rebelgurl
Feb 22 2010, 12:34 PM
I received a Hen for a gift , I got it and set on my farm till I was ready to set inside the fence , WELL the Hen won't move or light up , it's frozen where I dropped it. I have tried for 2 days to move this HEN but she won't budge..
AND you can NOT put Hens or lambs in storage , to move from farm to farm . I had to sell them , Now I am buying new Lambs and begging for gifted hens to replenish what I had to sell off

candlelight
Feb 22 2010, 12:38 PM
I received a Hen for a gift , I got it and set on my farm till I was ready to set inside the fence , WELL the Hen won't move or light up , it's frozen where I dropped it. I have tried for 2 days to move this HEN but she won't budge..

Hi Rebelgurl.

Please clear your internet browser's cache. Also since the animal animation is dependent on Flash, please make sure you have the most recent version installed for your internet browser.

Edit to add the obvious.... Make sure there is no tick or check mark beside Freeze animals under your preferences.

essexboy
Feb 22 2010, 01:06 PM
AND you can NOT put Hens or lambs in storage , to move from farm to farm . I had to sell them , Now I am buying new Lambs and begging for gifted hens to replenish what I had to sell off

or try to just refresh your page

PennyLewis
Feb 22 2010, 04:24 PM
Ummm, do you have any hens? The building doesn't lay eggs, the hens do!!

LOL< LOL< LOL, best advice of the day.

nancy pratt
Feb 22 2010, 04:29 PM
the new buildings are great... I love the fact that we can harvest now...I was coming here less and less but since the new upgrades... you have won me back.... thank loving the game again...

ZoeyBelle
Feb 22 2010, 05:30 PM
Is there any way to move animals from one farm to the other? Now that you cannot buy the goose i would like to buy wool shed for one and chicken coop for the other.

Pickle toes
Feb 22 2010, 05:58 PM
Love new buildings

GrammaSage
Feb 22 2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks ... finally gave me the motivation to make a sheep farm that I'd been thinking of doing for months! I appreciate the work you do.

trking
Feb 22 2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the update, more levels are really needed though.

Ahhhh ... did you get all those XP points from that plowing bug they recently fixed?????

popeye2530
Feb 22 2010, 08:00 PM
a move in the right direction for sure

Tony D
Feb 22 2010, 08:11 PM
Is there any way to move animals from one farm to the other? Now that you cannot buy the goose i would like to buy wool shed for one and chicken coop for the other.Unfortunately not.

Krafty Karen
Feb 22 2010, 10:11 PM
I want to thank the developers for all of their hard work and especially for fixing the harvesting and plowing issues we experienced a short time ago. Now that you have the game running like it should I would like to get some feedback as to whether there are any new levels planned in the near future. The last levels you released for 35 to 60 were great, however, because it took so long to bring them out that I was catapulted from level 34 to level 58 without having the fun of working my way through them. So the game progressed once again way too fast. We seriously need some new crops to up the fun as most of us are bored with the current ones. I play several other farm type games and they have new seeds coming out all the time, even if it is only 2 or 3 at a time. Having nothing to look forward too quickly bores the user. Please consider some of my suggestions as I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. It has been a very long time since we have had these kind of additions. I am sure with Easter next around the corner there will be all kinds of bunnykin types of things, but no new crops or trees to offer.

Tony D
Feb 22 2010, 10:59 PM
Karen, your requests and suggestions have all been put forward before by lots of people on the forum ... and all been not answered - no matter how much people have begged for a simple indication of whether or not the wheels are still turning in the background and new advancement is in the pipeline.

I'm hoping that the fact that they closed us down for 'maintenance' just a couple of days ago means that maybe there are still developers on the other end of the game. Well, Raul surfaced a few days ago .... so they must be there :D

I also was catapulted from level 34 to level 60 without even knowing it .... and yes, I would love to have worked my way up. The problem is, as you said, the long delay in bringing the new levels out and the fact that those of us who are dedicated addicts just kept playing on.I believe the earning of experience points should stop when you have enough XPs to reach the highest level. That would mean we all had to work our way through any new levels released.
I do not believe this would be a popular request though.

CYNCIEGIRL
Feb 22 2010, 11:54 PM
I bought all 3 buildings and put chickens and sheep in them, but when I try to click on the option for harvest, it says there are no animals available for harvest. i dont understand this since it al so says that it is 100% ready for harvesting. what do i do?

FarmingDell
Feb 23 2010, 12:22 AM
How about making the pigsty so it will hold the pigs inside? Also the dairy farm and chicken coop so the animals can be stored inside, and the barn so the horses can be stored inside.

Mate
Feb 23 2010, 12:28 AM
Concerning the Chicken Coop, Wool Shed, Dairy Shed
I bought and placed all three in both my farms and none of them are showing up. But if I try to place another one where the prevous one should be FarmTown acts as if an invisible object is there and won't let me. What is going on with the new feature?

Does no one else have this problem? It is not OS, machine, or browser dependent. Both of my farms have this problem independent of how I am viewing them. Does anyone know how to contact the developers directly? If I do not get a solution soon I am going to delete Farm Town from my Facebook account. I finally had something to spend my money on and I cannot because the feature is not working in my farm. I was already upset that they have left me at level 60 for months now.

I know that the app thinks the buildings are there because I cannot build on to of them and I am stopped from wqalking through the space where they should display. All my buildings were built on the Top edge, Upper Left of my farm. Because I cannot see the buildings I cannot even delete them to reclaim the land.

Does slashkey.com give any support themselves? Thanks for any insights. - m8
My farms are aMate Acres I & aMate Acres II
Many FarmTown farmers will be upset at losing me as a neighbor if I go. I have pleanty they do not.

Judy1953
Feb 23 2010, 12:30 AM
I've had no trouble at all with mine and I don't want the animals inside the sheds - much better free range. :D

Tony D
Feb 23 2010, 12:44 AM
I've had no trouble at all with mine and I don't want the animals inside the sheds - much better free range. :DI don't think you can actually put them in the sheds on Farm Town :) I must agree free range eggs are better :D

mswindow
Feb 23 2010, 01:42 AM
Thank you for letting us start making more use of our animals than just for decoration. I just bought the wool shed and dairy shed. I have had the coop for a long time.
I look forward to using these in my farming.
I really appreciate all the hard work you have putting into this for our enjoyment and I am looking forward to bigger and better things.
I have been playing for almost a year now and can appreciate all the hard work you have done to make this game more enjoyable for all.

I dont know where to post this my seeder isnt planting my seeds and I have to plant 1 plot at a time and it uses my gas.I have lots of gas there.

Tony D
Feb 23 2010, 01:53 AM
I dont know where to post this my seeder isnt planting my seeds and I have to plant 1 plot at a time and it uses my gas.I have lots of gas there.Hi, I responded to your post in pet peeves

BeachN
Feb 23 2010, 03:14 AM
Does the new wool harvest feature not allow you to place Sheep in Wool shed???? Mine will not go in....Seems strange to have a wool shed and not be able to store the animals in there......Somebody help me out if I have missed something.....Made room for new wool shed but not sure I want to keep it if I have to now make room for the sheep outside of wool shed....

BeachN
Feb 23 2010, 03:17 AM
Yeah I just thought I was buying sheep to place IN my wool shed but the only place they went was behind the shed...Can't get them to go in it...

Judy1953
Feb 23 2010, 03:27 AM
And again - animals do not go into the sheds - weren't meant to - don't need to - just have them on your farms!! Can harvest all - brilliant move I think.

petalinabreeze
Feb 23 2010, 04:28 AM
I received a never wilt ring and it disappeared I bought a chicken coop it disappeared.So I bought another one well it disappeared also.This is no fair Someone payed good money for the ring,REAL MONEY!!I think you need to give me back my Farm money,and return my No WILT RING!!

HelenJS22
Feb 23 2010, 06:09 AM
And again - animals do not go into the sheds - weren't meant to - don't need to - just have them on your farms!! Can harvest all - brilliant move I think.

I love the fact that to harvest our animals we simply click on our appropriate building. I can't quite see me running around the farm trying to catch individual hens :)

HelenJS22
Feb 23 2010, 06:25 AM
hi ft devs , this game is the best on fb , well i would like to see where we could have machinery like a mill for the wheat , to make flour , same for grapes , wine u get the idea ,also a 3 rd farm would be nice , also i hope we have new crops and plz plz some good gifts for st patricks day .

yours irish dave

Sorry Dave, but even though somewhere in my Aussie Roots, is a good sprinkling of Irish ..... if the poor devs tried to cover every country's traditions and all the holidays that are celebrated THE POOR THINGS WOULD GO NUTS.

xgonenutzs
Feb 23 2010, 06:46 AM
I received a never wilt ring and it disappeared I bought a chicken coop it disappeared.So I bought another one well it disappeared also.This is no fair Someone payed good money for the ring,REAL MONEY!!I think you need to give me back my Farm money,and return my No WILT RING!!

thats on farmville , not on farmtown

lulu836
Feb 23 2010, 11:06 AM

Wrong game. Try Farmville.

Eccy
Feb 23 2010, 12:56 PM
Hi There,

Here is how it works:

Thanks

--Raul

I have just bought a chicken coop but can't get my chickens in or get them to stay what am I doing wrong?

Eccy
Feb 23 2010, 12:59 PM
I have just bought a chicken coop but the chickens won't go in and stay what am I doing wrong?

jeanieNGMsfarm
Feb 23 2010, 01:35 PM
I have just bought a chicken coop but the chickens won't go in and stay what am I doing wrong?

the chickens do not go in them.. the reason for the shed;s are so that insted of clicking the animals one at a time you click the shed and it harvests them all your animals can placed anyplace on your farm just not in the sheds

candlelight
Feb 23 2010, 01:38 PM
I have just bought a chicken coop but can't get my chickens in or get them to stay what am I doing wrong?

Hello Eccy and welcome.

The animals do NOT go into the buildings. The building and associated animals just need to be on the same farm. Please read the opening post in this thread for more information.

You may also find the opening post in this thread helpful:

OFFICIAL Harvesting Animals
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305114

Hapakroberts
Feb 23 2010, 03:56 PM
Is there anything we can do with the Grain Silo? No sure if I should buy it now