PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- March 19th, 2010

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Mar 19 2010, 01:04 PM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of FarmTown which contains support for new facilities. These facilities will allow you to produce additional goods out of the harvested products in your farm. We created a new section in the store named 'Facilities', where we put all the buildings in the game that produce any kind of goods. In addition to the buildings that allow you to harvest the animals, now you have:

1. Red Windmill – Produces Flour
2. Stone Windmill – Produces Flour Faster
3. Sugar Refinery – Produces Sugar
4. Dairy Processing Plant – Produces Cheese, Goat Cheese, and Butter

You can only have one type of facility per farm that will actually produce goods, although you can have several other instances of the same type of facility for decorative purposes.

To access facility details, just click on the corresponding facility in your farm, and select the first option in the menu, 'Show Facility Details'.

Every facility has two sections:

1. Things To Produce: Here you can see a list of the products that you can produce on that facility. Each product displays information like batch size, batch sell-price, and production time. If you click on the help icon (?), you will see what’s required to produce that product.

2. What’s Cooking: This section provides information about all the products that are currently being produced by your facility, how many are pending, and how many are done and ready to be placed on your storage to be sold later on. Although different types of facilities can be producing goods at the same time, any given facility can only have one batch per product type in production at any given time.

As part of this release, you can now also harvest the cows and goats every 8 hours, instead of the 3 days that we had before, which will allow you to store more milk per day to be used on the Dairy Processing Plant.

Enjoy!

Thanks,

--Raul

candlelight
Mar 19 2010, 01:07 PM
Thank you, Raul!! :) :) :)

Molly Mew
Mar 19 2010, 01:07 PM
Fantastic. Thanks Raul. :)

SirDaywalker
Mar 19 2010, 01:08 PM
Dang it...LOL, gotta rearrange aaaagain!
:eek:
Thanks for the new stuff, and for keeping things exciting.
:)
Oh, and I'm ready for the next set of levels please and thank you.
:D

Lmer
Mar 19 2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the stuff.... lol i was before 10 mins on the farm and nothing......

SunnyD
Mar 19 2010, 01:50 PM
Dude your crazy Raul... Man I just was at my farm and the producing buildings would not hide..... I'm like what is up with that.... so i said ok look in the store and wow you are unreal the dev's of farm town rock.......... ok now can you make my pineapples i just planted grow faster so I can get all the new buildings??????/ LOL LOL you rock dude..........YAY Are we going to be able to hide these buildings again........ This is a needed thing for real..........Industrious people like me want to have a farm full LOL you will have to hide them to harvest most farms.........Hoping you will be able to re-implement hiding these fantastic buildings...........

TraceyMush
Mar 19 2010, 01:59 PM
l also just noticed that when l hide my buildings, the chicken coop and dairy barn stayed visible.
Thanks everyone for the awesome free game!! ;-)

jess mc
Mar 19 2010, 02:13 PM
Ummm My buildings also do not hide is this a glitch or is this meant to happen with the new release's ???

annette85035
Mar 19 2010, 02:14 PM
Good timing folks! I have been considering adding a windmill!

*Farmer Brad*
Mar 19 2010, 03:14 PM
Thank you so much; this is a wonderful idea! I love updates!!

Capt. Conor
Mar 19 2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks SK!

lulu836
Mar 19 2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the processing plants............cool. Now, of course, we REALLY need more room or another farm.

All my buildings will hide........no problem.

TIP If you need to hide something really big and you have a Manor all you have to do is Move the item and hover over the Manor and place it on the roof. It will rest comfortably under the Manor until you want it again. Very handy if you run out of storage. :D I'm relatively sure this will be "fixed" but it works right now.

JAS0643
Mar 19 2010, 03:43 PM
Thank you for the update looks like I need to start farming again.

ETA: Just bought the new building and have some stuff producing already. I saw that if a few days we can get our friends to help us produce faster can't wait to see how that works.

wheels394
Mar 19 2010, 03:49 PM
Love the new facilities! You guys rock! Will the processed items spoil?

waldhexe
Mar 19 2010, 04:31 PM
Great. I like the facilities. I have to plant corn and sugar cane now more often :-) And: I NEED A THIRD FARM!!!!!!!!!!!! for all the nice things you bring to farm town.

DARLENEW
Mar 19 2010, 05:45 PM
Thanks, Raul, you guys are the greatest!!!!!:):):)

Ann Knight
Mar 19 2010, 05:47 PM
I just cannot get over how wonderful this game is! If one cannot find fun that keeps you busy, plus the marvelous social aspect no other game has, that I know of....working together, chatting together, helping each other and the re-arranging of ones farm, it is so much more than a person has a right to expect. I have dropped all other games and now only play Farm Town, The most super game in Facebook!!

Visit my farm folks especially farm 2, Gnome Sweet Gnome.
Thank you Farm Town producers!!

Ann Knight
I don't know why my level shown here says level 1..getting started, when I am level 80??:):):)

jeanieNGMsfarm
Mar 19 2010, 06:22 PM
I just cannot get over how wonderful this game is! If one cannot find fun that keeps you busy, plus the marvelous social aspect no other game has, that I know of....working together, chatting together, helping each other and the re-arranging of ones farm, it is so much more than a person has a right to expect. I have dropped all other games and now only play Farm Town, The most super game in Facebook!!

Visit my farm folks especially farm 2, Gnome Sweet Gnome.
Thank you Farm Town producers!!

Ann Knight
I don't know why my level shown here says level 1..getting started, when I am level 80??:):):)

its showing as level one because the auto linking is not working correctly. you will have to manually link your farm

janisko
Mar 19 2010, 06:30 PM
Thank you for the update looks like I need to start farming again.

ETA: Just bought the new building and have some stuff producing already. I saw that if a few days we can get our friends to help us produce faster can't wait to see how that works.

I thought I found all the information on the new facilities. Where did you see this about friends helping us?

Kaytutt
Mar 19 2010, 06:43 PM
ekk, I really need a 3rd farm now! lol I love the two farms I already have and cant really bear to break either of them up but... can never resist the new stuff

Great new ideas dev's, thanks :)

lbabylee
Mar 19 2010, 06:53 PM
Do the chicken coop not hold "our" hens and roosters? I can't get mine in the building...

LtKernelPanic
Mar 19 2010, 07:11 PM
Do the chicken coop not hold "our" hens and roosters? I can't get mine in the building...

No they don't. They just need to be on the same farm as your various egg layers.

krbailey
Mar 19 2010, 07:21 PM
I got the sugar refinery and dairy processing plant and when I click on the to start they start but once I close out of that area there no production on them Is anyone else having this problem. Thank you! any help would be nice . Love the game

Charo
Mar 19 2010, 07:44 PM
Awesome! thank you! Dang, I just finished reorganizing... going to have to do even more for these new buildings, but that's okay! I love this more productive farm.

JanMac57
Mar 19 2010, 07:46 PM
Love the new updates! And yes,,,, gonna have to redo something somewhere.... either that or get another farm! Thanks Devs, you keep us playing! :O

JAS0643
Mar 19 2010, 08:09 PM
I thought I found all the information on the new facilities. Where did you see this about friends helping us?

When you click on a facility, then click on show facility details this comes up.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/jas0643/Farm%20Town/ftf.jpg

From there you can click on what's cooking and you will see this.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/jas0643/Farm%20Town/ftf1.jpg

In the top left corner you see a blue oval that says produce faster. When you click on that you will see this.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/jas0643/Farm%20Town/ftf2.jpg

Liriel Estel
Mar 19 2010, 08:25 PM
I am LOVING IT!!!!!! Thanks devs!!!! WOOOOO HOOOO!

Prada
Mar 19 2010, 08:57 PM
thank you for this update.

thanks also to jaso643 for the well explained diagrams. much appreciated .

Farmer_Susan
Mar 19 2010, 09:00 PM
AWESOME!!! I had just plowed my second farm but not yet planted it when I saw this new release. Just planted the whole dang thing in sugar cane and wheat in anticipation of buying the new facilities starting tomorrow. I'm going to make an industrial area - chain link fences, semi's, perhaps a crop duster, etc. Any chance we could have a way to designate certain plots so they look like gravel, concrete, pavement, etc. at some point? That would be an awesome look for my upcoming industrial area!

CelticMist
Mar 19 2010, 09:06 PM
I am having issues using the new facilities as well. I started making butter, left my farm for a bit and came back and all the milk i had been using to make it was back in my shed. Tried making goat cheese, made sure it was in production, left, came back to check it, and the goat milk was back to my shed with no goat cheese being made?

Carol Bland
Mar 19 2010, 09:09 PM
:confused: Thanks for the new processing plants, lots of rearranging but worth it! But, how do I make mine process, tried everything I can?

primrose711
Mar 19 2010, 09:44 PM
I'm also having a problem - how do you process? Not sure what it means by asking for another cow milk!

bruhelmboldt
Mar 19 2010, 09:55 PM
I already have watermills - why won't they work for grinding flour?

They should!

Duck Duck Goose
Mar 19 2010, 10:08 PM
Firstly, Thank you to the devs for adding a new interest in FT. It was just in a nick of time to chase away the boredom of the same ole routine in daily farming.

Yep, As soon as you close the menu on dairy plant, it goes dead.
You click back open the dairy plant menu and nothing is cooking.
The milk does not return to your storage until you reload the farm, or leave and come back.

I suspect the devs will fix this glitch soon.
My new and old buildings hide just fine in both wrench options and manual hiding for each building individually.

Additionally, I'm also sure they will change the batch limits each facility will produce at one time. (at least i sure hope so...)

Currently, my farm has 775 plots.
If i plant sugarcane, it will come in - in 12 hours.
775 plots equals 77.5 batches - equals 155 hours - equals 6.45 days!!!!!
I'm certainly not waiting over 6 days for 1 sugar plant to process my entire farm.
Thus this will require everyone to build many sugar plants, dairy plants, and many windmills.
Our farms are simply not big enough to contain enough of these giant buildings to process all goods in an acceptable time frame.

While I appreciate the new features, I have found that it has totally messed up plowing. You cannot mark plots for plowing faster that the avatar can clear them. (Somewhat like the ill-fated attempt to improve the game a couple of months ago). Did you somehow regress to that version in the attempt to implement the new features?

Please Fix this problem.

Thanks

Jeb1944 (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/member.php?u=698782) - Turn off option for wait for each plow/plant.
My plowing works just fine.

damichcoop
Mar 19 2010, 10:43 PM
I am having issues using the new facilities as well. I started making butter, left my farm for a bit and came back and all the milk i had been using to make it was back in my shed. Tried making goat cheese, made sure it was in production, left, came back to check it, and the goat milk was back to my shed with no goat cheese being made?

I am having no problem at all. I have left my farm, and all my milk is still making cheese and butter. I have 100 units of butter already in my storage, none of my milk came back, and I'm still making butter and cheese.

You do have to make sure that you "press" the start production button as many times as you have units of milk that you want to process. And it will tell you when you have run out of milk, wheat, sugarcane. The message saying...need one more unit of milk, etc is letting you know that you have processed all the units you have in your storage area.

CelticMist
Mar 19 2010, 10:58 PM
i did do that, still doesn't work. Have tried it several times, i get to the "need one more unit" message. then click to the work in production, it is there. click off of farmtown for five minutes or so, click back on, the stuff is back in my shed and there is no production going on.

damichcoop
Mar 19 2010, 11:02 PM
i did do that, still doesn't work. Have tried it several times, i get to the "need one more unit" message. then click to the work in production, it is there. click off of farmtown for five minutes or so, click back on, the stuff is back in my shed and there is no production going on.

I would say to make sure you link your account so the moderators and developers can help you. http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309386

and see what they suggest.

quone
Mar 19 2010, 11:03 PM
I have plenty of coins and love the idea of producing more items, but without being able to buy hens, goats or cows the chicken coop, dairy shed and dairy processing plant are useless to me. Please make at least one item available in the store for each facility so that ALL players can enjoy them. I don't have active neighbors, so I can't receive any of these items as gifts.

TheirMomma
Mar 19 2010, 11:20 PM
This is happening on Myspace and I am having the same problem, every time i add milk and leave the milk goes back to my storage shed. I click the "Start Process" button everytime

I have cleaned my cache, removed farm town and added it back and it still does the same thing

JAS0643
Mar 19 2010, 11:40 PM
AWESOME!!! I had just plowed my second farm but not yet planted it when I saw this new release. Just planted the whole dang thing in sugar cane and wheat in anticipation of buying the new facilities starting tomorrow. I'm going to make an industrial area - chain link fences, semi's, perhaps a crop duster, etc. Any chance we could have a way to designate certain plots so they look like gravel, concrete, pavement, etc. at some point? That would be an awesome look for my upcoming industrial area!

First every time I see your avatar picture I think of my Mom because that picture looks a lot like her.

Second as for the gravel we do have the stone paths which can look like gravel. i would like the concrete and pavement also.

Although the dairy said says make 20 units of butter it doesn't take 20 milks out of your storage it just takes one out for the 20 units, so that might be why you think it put your milk went back into your storage. Also you can queue up the processes by clicking on start production for what you want to produce and all the items will produce while you are away from your farm.

Pamie Jo
Mar 19 2010, 11:41 PM
I too am having problems with the processing on the myspace farm town. Starts working I leave it all stops - I stayed looking at the processing to the screen as it made butter it is like watching paint dry - then i tried another batch - left and came back and the milk was back in the shed and the processing was stopped. HELP

pamelajean@gmail.com

justmecookin
Mar 20 2010, 12:02 AM
Woooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo I love it Raul

cajunn69
Mar 20 2010, 12:08 AM
2. Stone Windmill – Produces Flour Faster <--How Much Faster?

You can only have one type of facility per farm that will actually produce goods, although you can have several other instances of the same type of facility for decorative purposes.
So if we had a flour mill & sugar mill only one of them would work on the farm and the other is a waste?
OR
We can have ALL 3 but only work one at a time?

One more question, whats the possibility of adding a 3rd farm so that we can appoint a different facility for each?

RIAP27
Mar 20 2010, 12:33 AM
I have a question about the dairy plant. I bought one this afternoon-and started production with my cow and goat milk. But 8 hours later-I do not see any products finished. It says 3 hours for one, 4 for another and 30 minutes for butter. Why are my products not coming up when I access the plant? It used up all my cow and goat milk. Is there a production time I do not know about?
Thanks for any help.

HelenJS22
Mar 20 2010, 12:35 AM
OK, I'm posting this in both threads so that hopefully it will be read by the Grand Poobars of Farm Town. Please don't scold me for the wrong thread ... I does me best ya know.

Hey guys, great new facilities ..... but shouldn't that automatically lead to the allocation of a third farm behind the scenes for us. I have the residential farm, and the Parkland, but I love both of these exactly the way they are and need to be able to make a 'production' unit on a third farm I would be willing to substitute my barn on one for a sugar refinery, if I could have a third farm for the dairy unit to go along with all the other stuff that I don't have room for already on my other two developed farms.
Pretty Pleeeeeeeeeeeese.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=527697491

BethPickles
Mar 20 2010, 12:48 AM
How do you get the chickens/cows inside the buildings or are they already full with them?

SparklingWine1
Mar 20 2010, 12:49 AM
I got the sugar refinery and dairy processing plant and when I click on the to start they start but once I close out of that area there no production on them Is anyone else having this problem. Thank you! any help would be nice . Love the game

I'm having the same problems and its annoying. I don't understand. Please pass along any help you recieve in correcting this. Thanks

JAS0643
Mar 20 2010, 01:20 AM
2. Stone Windmill – Produces Flour Faster <--How Much Faster?

So if we had a flour mill & sugar mill only one of them would work on the farm and the other is a waste?
OR
We can have ALL 3 but only work one at a time?

One more question, whats the possibility of adding a 3rd farm so that we can appoint a different facility for each?

Red windmill 2 hours
stone windmill 30 minutes

The you can only have one working building on a farm is for that type of building not all the building combined. IE you can have 10 chicken coops on your farm but can only harvest one of them the rest are for decoration. You can produce flour and butter, cheese, and sugar all at the same time.

cajunn69
Mar 20 2010, 01:36 AM
thank you for clarifying that for me before i made a major mistake and only went with one facility, lol...

Wilde Lily
Mar 20 2010, 02:46 AM
Thank you SO MUCH! What fun!! Of course, now I REALLY need a third farm,.....:)

Lora Salter
Mar 20 2010, 03:46 AM
I have bought the dairy plant and the sugar cane...I can not get either to work....Have tryed putting them on sperate farms....does not work.
Have set them side by side.....does not work. I just lose the milk. Can any one tell me what I am doing wrong. Feeling really dumb about now...

CaptainBaz
Mar 20 2010, 04:34 AM
Mine doing the same it is not working, it takes the milk but nothing happens

sedonaspirit1
Mar 20 2010, 05:08 AM
I'm not sure I understand this:
QUOTE: "You can only have one type of facility per farm that will actually produce goods, although you can have several other instances of the same type of facility for decorative purposes."

Do you mean that I have to choose ONLY one type of facility that will actually work on my farm, and the rest are just for show... meaning if I choose a Dairy Processing Plant, will that mean that I can't use a Red Windmill to grind flour or a Sugar Refinery working all at the same time... even if I had just one of each type of facility?? Or, can a farmer choose to have one of each facility to be in use on his/her farm at the same time? Just curious....

I am also wondering if perhaps the Water Mill might be turned into a mill for grinding corn meal or something?? Just a little extra for those of us who do have a river on the property... and you have already designed the building!!! It might make some folks interested in putting a river on their farm. :D

Also, please note... I am not a Level 1, but a Level 30.
Visit Modest Beagle's Farm

darlamay49
Mar 20 2010, 05:08 AM
I really appreciate farmtown<new stuff without all the hectic fanfare of other games>>relaxation at its best :)

MungoTen
Mar 20 2010, 05:56 AM
I notice that my inactive neighbors have had their farms cleaned out.

candlelight
Mar 20 2010, 06:04 AM
I notice that my inactive neighbors have had their farms cleaned out.

Hi MungoTen.

This is not related to the new release. Please see the top post in this thread for information:

OFFICIAL Farms being cleared of items
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310446

LoreneC
Mar 20 2010, 06:57 AM
Thanks Raul and gang! I love this new release. Not sure if these items are big coin makers but they do make the game more interesting!

I would like a 3rd farm too but if we never get one I have lots of storage so no biggie. :)

sofaya
Mar 20 2010, 08:04 AM
i love the new facilities, the glitch i c is that when u start the production of butter or the other product, u have to stay on the screen.if u click the x to go harvest and work...and then comeback u have to start all over again....:(

essexboy
Mar 20 2010, 08:21 AM
I have to say I really like this upgrade,it gives alot more dimension to game play.so are getting a wool factory or something like that for making clothes,insulation out of the sheep and llama wool.cant wait to what next you add slashkey.well done...its a great upgrade.:)

cajunn69
Mar 20 2010, 08:29 AM
QUOTE: "You can only have one type of facility per farm that will actually produce goods, although you can have several other instances of the same type of facility for decorative purposes."

Do you mean that I have to choose ONLY one type of facility that will actually work on my farm, and the rest are just for show... meaning if I choose a Dairy Processing Plant, will that mean that I can't use a Red Windmill to grind flour or a Sugar Refinery working all at the same time... even if I had just one of each type of facility?? Or, can a farmer choose to have one of each facility to be in use on his/her farm at the same time? Just curious....

I am also wondering if perhaps the Water Mill might be turned into a mill for grinding corn meal or something?? Just a little extra for those of us who do have a river on the property... and you have already designed the building!!! It might make some folks interested in putting a river on their farm. :D

i have already asked this question and recieved an answer...

you can have all 3 facilities up and running on 1 farm

What is meant by the statement is that you can only have one flour mill, one dairy processor, & 1 sugar plant.... same as if you had more than 1 chicken coops, only one will harvest the eggs everyday.

scc51055
Mar 20 2010, 08:40 AM
I can not get mine to work either...it has take the items but there is nothing in the whats cooking column am i doing some thing wrong?

candlelight
Mar 20 2010, 08:43 AM
I can not get mine to work either...it has take the items but there is nothing in the whats cooking column am i doing some thing wrong?

Hi scc and welcome.

Have you clicked on the What's Cooking button? It isn't just a column, it's a separate tab. :)

NiMo1960
Mar 20 2010, 08:46 AM
I understand onwe of each building on each farm, but ....
If you have a sugar factory on each farm can you have both working?
Just thinking it can do the job faster?

candlelight
Mar 20 2010, 08:48 AM

Hello, NiMo.

Yes, you can. As the new facilities draw from what's in your storage and the storage is available to both farms it should work fine.

Viola
Mar 20 2010, 08:54 AM
Ok I bought the new facilities and only one produces will be be long til they all do. We paid a lot for them.

NiMo1960
Mar 20 2010, 08:54 AM

1230 pending
10 done every 2 hours
so 246 hrs do complete this harvest conversion?

Oh!!!
and 3rd farm please :)

RIAP27
Mar 20 2010, 09:08 AM
I used all my cow and goat milk to start production in the dairy facilty last night. As of today-NO products and NO milk in my storage. Says 4 hrs, 3hrs and 30 min production times respectively. I did try all three at once--messed up there but my cow and goat milk is permanently gone. The facility never gave me an indication I could only do one batch ata a time. Why do I not have a t least one of these-butter and cheese to sell yet or at least have the milk back in storage if I messed up? ? Am I doing something wrong? By the way I LOVE the idea here!!

Hi There,

We just released a new version of FarmTown which contains support for new facilities. These facilities will allow you to produce additional goods out of the harvested products in your farm. We created a new section in the store named 'Facilities', where we put all the buildings in the game that produce any kind of goods. In addition to the buildings that allow you to harvest the animals, now you have:

To access facility details, just click on the corresponding facility in your farm, and select the first option in the menu, 'Show Facility Details'.

1. Things To Produce: Here you can see a list of the products that you can produce on that facility. Each product displays information like batch size, batch sell-price, and production time. If you click on the help icon (?), you will see what’s required to produce that product.

2. What’s Cooking: This section provides information about all the products that are currently being produced by your facility, how many are pending, and how many are done and ready to be placed on your storage to be sold later on. Although different types of facilities can be producing goods at the same time, any given facility can only have one batch per product type in production at any given time.

As part of this release, you can now also harvest the cows and goats every 8 hours, instead of the 3 days that we had before, which will allow you to store more milk per day to be used on the Dairy Processing Plant.

Enjoy!

Thanks,

--Raul

NiMo1960
Mar 20 2010, 09:28 AM
I used all my cow and goat milk to start production in the dairy facilty last night. As of today-NO products and NO milk in my storage. Says 4 hrs, 3hrs and 30 min production times respectively. I did try all three at once--messed up there but my cow and goat milk is permanently gone. The facility never gave me an indication I could only do one batch ata a time. Why do I not have a t least one of these-butter and cheese to sell yet or at least have the milk back in storage if I messed up? ? Am I doing something wrong? By the way I LOVE the idea here!!

Look under the "what's cooking" section, then highlight the items, then click on store.
It will then send completed items to your store for selling.

LEllis424
Mar 20 2010, 09:29 AM
I just love the new additions to my farm. AWESOME! I'm in the high 40s finally and enjoying every blessed click of my mouse. Y'all are fantastic and creatively intuitive.

mjtn
Mar 20 2010, 09:36 AM
I started production of sugar at the facility and decided to move the facility to my second farm. I put it in storage and then added it to the second farm. When I go into the facility details it now shows that I have no sugar in production, I also checked to see if maybe that sugarcane went back to the harvest page, but it wasn't there either. Did I lose that production when I put it in storage to move it ?

Thanks,

MJTN

adshaddd
Mar 20 2010, 09:42 AM
Hi There,

Enjoy!

Thanks,

--Raul
this doesn't seem to be the problem... the problem is....

when we actually have milk in storage, and we actually click on butter, and then click on "what's cooking", and then leave out of "what's cooking" to finish plowing or whatever, and then go back to "what is cooking" to see your %'s left before your butter is done....A NOTE COMES UP SAYING "THERE IS NO PRODUCTION"....AND I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING IN STORAGE.....I JUST GOT ROBBED MY MILK.... SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??? I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS QUESTION AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS POST BACK THE INSTRUCTIONS....WE HAVE READ THAT AND IT DOES NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. PLS GIVE US THE RIGHT ANSWER, OR FIX IT OR RE-CHECK IT.... TY

candlelight
Mar 20 2010, 09:45 AM
I started production of sugar at the facility and decided to move the facility to my second farm. I put it in storage and then added it to the second farm. When I go into the facility details it now shows that I have no sugar in production, I also checked to see if maybe that sugarcane went back to the harvest page, but it wasn't there either. Did I lose that production when I put it in storage to move it ?

Thanks,

MJTN

Hi MJTN and welcome.

I'm afraid you probably did lose that production - or at least re-set the clock on it. Other things that progress or ripen (such as trees and flowers) are always re-set to 0% if they are put into storage.

Just double check on the What's Cooking tab and see if the sugar is still there as pending but just re-set to beginning of the production time.

cakeburnette
Mar 20 2010, 09:51 AM
NM--I found the answer in another thread

Circle T Farm
Mar 20 2010, 10:00 AM
Do We have to keep the Dairy shed out?? cause I went to start processing and it saiid I have to add milk.

scc51055
Mar 20 2010, 10:09 AM
thanks candlelight now it makes sense! I have added a bunch of stuff to my storage! thanks again

mjtn
Mar 20 2010, 10:13 AM
Hi MJTN and welcome.

I'm afraid you probably did lose that production - or at least re-set the clock on it. Other things that progress or ripen (such as trees and flowers) are always re-set to 0% if they are put into storage.

Just double check on the What's Cooking tab and see if the sugar is still there as pending but just re-set to beginning of the production time.

I went to the What's Cooking tab and it says there is nothing in production and when I click on Start Production tab it says to start production I will have to add more sugarcane. So I guess I lost that production and the sugar cane.

Thanks,

MJTN

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 20 2010, 10:13 AM
I have a question about the dairy plant. I bought one this afternoon-and started production with my cow and goat milk. But 8 hours later-I do not see any products finished. It says 3 hours for one, 4 for another and 30 minutes for butter. Why are my products not coming up when I access the plant? It used up all my cow and goat milk. Is there a production time I do not know about?
Thanks for any help.
Did you look under the "what's cooking" tab?

You can have one of each facility on you farm. You can have a diary porcessing plant, sugar refinery, and a windmill all at the same time :)

Farmer Oz
Mar 20 2010, 10:28 AM
why is it that every time they add new things to FT, there are always those who loudly whine and complain??? If you don't like the new features don't use them!!!

I for one continue to be very impressed at the speed and frequency of new features on FT and am very greatful to the developers for all their hard work in making FT an even better game, so THANK YOU RAUL!

lulu836
Mar 20 2010, 10:35 AM
As long as they work then no problem and no whining. When they don't work then that is a problem and whining begins.

I'm having a problem with production but until I can come up with the correct description I will delay my whining.

Thank you for your patience.

Rudyskid
Mar 20 2010, 10:56 AM
I love the new stuff! Of course it helped that I had wheat & sugarcane ready to harvest this morning - great job, devs!:)

TheirMomma
Mar 20 2010, 11:00 AM
what seems to be the biggest problem is people are getting confused because the facebook facilities are working, its the myspace facilities that aren't

I am on myspace farmtown and none of the new facilities are working, you can add the milk, sugar, wheat but when u close out and come back later to check, it says nothing is in production and yes i have checked under the "what's cooking" tab

i truely love the new additions and and thanks you very much for them

Farmer Oz
Mar 20 2010, 11:03 AM
might have some glitches to be ironed out. I have eggs and milk in storage but never indicates that the goods are actually being produced, but then when I click on it again, it says I do not have enough in storage to cook these things.. please help, can't wait to start using the processing thingies.

NiMo1960
Mar 20 2010, 11:04 AM
why is it that every time they add new things to FT, there are always those who loudly whine and complain??? If you don't like the new features don't use them!!!

I for one continue to be very impressed at the speed and frequency of new features on FT and am very greatful to the developers for all their hard work in making FT an even better game, so THANK YOU RAUL!

I 2nd that

Great game
Great features
is the main game for me on FB while I chat with a friend on MSN while they are doing my farms

lambrini-girl
Mar 20 2010, 11:30 AM
I just bought a dairy shed and even though it tells me animals are 100% ready to harvest, when I click on the shed it tell me animals are not ready yet.....why does it do that??

FarmerGinger
Mar 20 2010, 11:40 AM
I started production on butter, cheese and goat cheese at the same time. Now it says 3 hours for cheese and still 24 minutes for butter! I think this might be a glitch.
I love the new facilities and appreciate all the hard work you guys and gals put into FarmTown.

Farmer Ginger

mollydog45
Mar 20 2010, 11:59 AM
hi will the milk and cheese and butter go bad if not harvested in the time is done ?

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 20 2010, 12:01 PM
I just bought a dairy shed and even though it tells me animals are 100% ready to harvest, when I click on the shed it tell me animals are not ready yet.....why does it do that??

Do you have cows and/or goats? You have to have the animals in order for the buildings to produce products :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 20 2010, 12:02 PM
And just a reminder to everyone that we do have an official question thread about the new facilities in help and support here: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311070

mollydog45
Mar 20 2010, 12:07 PM
just wondering if the butter and cheese will spoil if not harvested when ready

platnm6309
Mar 20 2010, 12:20 PM
I guess the developers are working on stupid things like cows flour, butter, etc and cannot seem to fix the plus sign I have had on my message envelope of well over a month now.

I dont care about the cheese, butter or flour.

I want this issue resolved. The developers need to fix current problems prior to creating new items.

I have deleted cache, cookies, etc.. The developers need to reset this for it to work

Also, when can we "fire" workers?

When can we hire to seed?

When will there be a level 100?

Bored already.

:mad:

NiMo1960
Mar 20 2010, 12:32 PM
I guess the developers are working on stupid things like cows flour, butter, etc and cannot seem to fix the plus sign I have had on my message envelope of well over a month now.

I want this issue resolved. The developers need to fix current problems prior to creating new items.

I have deleted cache, cookies, etc.. The developers need to reset this for it to work

Bored already.

The plus sign means you have messages to read, which don't always open up if you have a "pop up window" blocker.

platnm6309
Mar 20 2010, 12:34 PM
I dont want this new stuff and wont use it. I liked the game like months ago before all the so called new fixes which fixed NOTHING. You ppl still cant seem to fix the plus sign I have by my message envelope and yes, i cleared cache, cookies, etc, and still the plus sign remains. I may just have to revert to crappy farmville if you keep screwing this game up. I liked layering, hiding blgs, and dont give a darn about butter, sugar, milk, etc. This game was fine a few months ago.. the old saying, if i aint broke, dont fix it. Well you seem to keep breaking it when it wasn't broke!

hasleyl
Mar 20 2010, 12:35 PM
Love FT but would still like to make my first farm larger and am not sure how to buy a third farm. I am a level 71. I like the new upgrade but don't have room for them now. I am still having to water my flowers every other day even if my neighbors water them. Could you please try to fix this. Thanks for all you do.
Nonnie from Friendly Acres.

50laine
Mar 20 2010, 12:38 PM
A lot of stone paths placed side by side would resemble gravel.

tnsrs4@gmail.com
Mar 20 2010, 12:43 PM
I am HAPPY! Love the new things that keep my farm interesting and fun. I like a reason to rearrange, plan, formulate which things will make me the most coin! You go Farmtown, this Montana "farmer" appreciates all that you do!

cajunn69
Mar 20 2010, 01:13 PM
I dont want this new stuff and wont use it. I liked the game like months ago before all the so called new fixes which fixed NOTHING. You ppl still cant seem to fix the plus sign I have by my message envelope and yes, i cleared cache, cookies, etc, and still the plus sign remains. I may just have to revert to crappy farmville if you keep screwing this game up. I liked layering, hiding blgs, and dont give a darn about butter, sugar, milk, etc. This game was fine a few months ago.. the old saying, if i aint broke, dont fix it. Well you seem to keep breaking it when it wasn't broke!

want some cheese with that? :rolleyes:

prettyponies
Mar 20 2010, 01:14 PM
<clapping hands with glee>

Love, love, LOVE the new features!! I'm already making butter, goat cheese, and milk cheese. Good thing my 2nd place was set up as a "real" working farm (modeled after a real farm!), and I had the perfect spot & room for the milk production facility.

marvindixon
Mar 20 2010, 01:43 PM
I want to thank you for all the new stuff. You guys are doing a great Job. One thing I would like to see is more neighbors, when you get a request for a neighbor another gets bumped off. Why can we not have unlimited neighbors like Island Paradise. I love Farm Town. Thank You

terrysgal67
Mar 20 2010, 01:53 PM
Thank you for the facilities, however I am having a problem with the dairy one. I will select a product to produce, but I can't leave that screen and have it do anything. I had to sit on the cooking screen in order to get the butter to make. Each time I left it quit producing and I had to start from the beginning again. This doesn't work well when number one when farmtown goes idol after ten minutes and two, when you have to sit and wait any where from 30 min to 4 hours.

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you for your help.

RIAP27
Mar 20 2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks!! I did not check under the whats cookin tab! All my products were there! Thanks for the help!!!!!!

what seems to be the biggest problem is people are getting confused because the facebook facilities are working, its the myspace facilities that aren't

I am on myspace farmtown and none of the new facilities are working, you can add the milk, sugar, wheat but when u close out and come back later to check, it says nothing is in production and yes i have checked under the "what's cooking" tab

i truely love the new additions and and thanks you very much for them

RicheyRich
Mar 20 2010, 02:11 PM
Now explain how to use them properly. From what I see they are more for decoration then points or cash.

MikeLutton
Mar 20 2010, 02:16 PM
i dont know how to do this how do i add wheat to my storage

wormwoman
Mar 20 2010, 02:24 PM
love the new facility additions! Huge thank you's to the dev's for producing more and more new innovations for the game.

It took me a while to figure out how they worked, thanks to everyone who posted here - your postings were very helpful on my learning curve! It took me AGES to find the "start production" icon ... who knew that you had to hover your mouse over the screen? lol ... now that I've figured it out, I'm loving it!

oh ... one more thing dev's .... you do realize that with so much cool stuff to buy and use, that we REALLY need a 3rd farm ... ;)

snowjack
Mar 20 2010, 02:39 PM
since the new update I can not see my friends when playing the game nor do I have friends in my Farmtown list when I want to send gifts. Please help some one:mad: alaskajalapeno@yahoo.com

McLel
Mar 20 2010, 02:47 PM

Bored already.

Stop playing then! It's not compulsory!!

Thanks to the devs for the new facilities. The game gets better and better :) x

JENN n JUICE
Mar 20 2010, 03:22 PM
First of all when ever i try to produce use the facilities all it does is make my cow and goat milk dissapear. is this another of the myspace glitches? and also i can not figure out how to link my farm to the forum. you only have the option to do that for facebook. farmtown should automatically do it. i love this game but it has the second most glitches of any of the apps on ms or fb.

lulu836
Mar 20 2010, 03:51 PM
i dont know how to do this how do i add wheat to my storage

Flour comes from............wheat. Plant wheat, harvest it into your storage and then send it to the mill.

StripleFarmer
Mar 20 2010, 04:03 PM
I love the game, and I'm just now using the new facilities, so looking forward to seeing how that works. Really love that new levels were added before I hit level 60. I just have one question, suggestion...

Do you think it'd be possible for us to get a 3rd farm? I really enjoy FarmTown. It's a relaxing game and it has the interaction with others that FarmVille lacks completely. I'd just love to have a 3rd farm!

lulu836
Mar 20 2010, 04:13 PM
With all the topics Official and Unofficial and warnings about where to put things if you want to be "heard" I have no earthly idea where the following should be posted so I'll do it here. If it's heard, fine........if not then Oh Well I tried.

Beets produce sugar also. It is chemically different since beets are a root that puts some extra mineral content in the beet and cane is a grass but both produce sugar nonetheless. Can we add beets to the sugar mill?

SusieBabe
Mar 20 2010, 04:37 PM
"What’s Cooking: This section provides information about all the products that are currently being produced by your facility, how many are pending, and how many are done and ready to be placed on your storage to be sold later on. Although different types of facilities can be producing goods at the same time, any given facility can only have one batch per product type in production at any given time."

As to the above statement here....Has been over the 4 hours for my cheese to be ready to go to market but not showing that. At 8 AM today (CT USA) I harvested cows and "made" cheese yet none is showing as ready...HELP PLEASE??? TYVM
Susie

Connecting thru FB

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 20 2010, 04:39 PM
"What’s Cooking: This section provides information about all the products that are currently being produced by your facility, how many are pending, and how many are done and ready to be placed on your storage to be sold later on. Although different types of facilities can be producing goods at the same time, any given facility can only have one batch per product type in production at any given time."

As to the above statement here....Has been over the 4 hours for my cheese to be ready to go to market but not showing that. At 8 AM today (CT USA) I harvested cows and "made" cheese yet none is showing as ready...HELP PLEASE??? TYVM
Susie

Connecting thru FB

Go to the "what's cooking" and then there should be a button that says "store" under the picture of cheese.

RIAP27
Mar 20 2010, 04:58 PM
Just wanted to let you know my dairy facility is working fine! I figured out what I was goofing up on. I LOVE all the recent improvements to the game. Keep up the great work!!!:D

Hi There,

Enjoy!

Thanks,

--Raul

auntsquirrelly
Mar 20 2010, 05:04 PM
When I try to process anything with the sugar factory or milk factory it takes the sugarcane and milk out of my storage but it doesn't process anything. There is never anything in my storage or anywhere that I can see. I have used a whole sugarcane field and also tried making milk and cheese a few different time and the same thing keeps happening. Could you please explain where things are supposed to be.

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 20 2010, 05:08 PM
When I try to process anything with the sugar factory or milk factory it takes the sugarcane and milk out of my storage but it doesn't process anything. There is never anything in my storage or anywhere that I can see. I have used a whole sugarcane field and also tried making milk and cheese a few different time and the same thing keeps happening. Could you please explain where things are supposed to be.

If you are on Myspace, then there are problems with facilities and Myspace. The developers have been alerted to this :)

kiwirick
Mar 20 2010, 05:26 PM
Is anyone else getting an Error saving data Error 025. Click green tick to reload game? I'm getting this everytime I go to the facilities at the dairy processing unit.

ginabaines@hotmail.com
Mar 20 2010, 06:19 PM
OK, I bought a Dairy processing plant & it says to add 1 more cow milk to my storage & the same for the butter & cheese tho it says add 1 more goat milk to my storage. Maybe I am dumb but I can't figure this out? What storage? I have cows, goats, etc. I harvest them but you cannot put the animals in the storage places like on Farmville so can someone tell me EXACTLY what to do or what I am doing wrong, please? And I figured out I need to plant sugar cane to get the sugar refinery to work, right?:eek:

rheasmom
Mar 20 2010, 06:30 PM
If I process sugar will it spoil at all if I am late selling it

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 20 2010, 06:32 PM
OK, I bought a Dairy processing plant & it says to add 1 more cow milk to my storage & the same for the butter & cheese tho it says add 1 more goat milk to my storage. Maybe I am dumb but I can't figure this out? What storage? I have cows, goats, etc. I harvest them but you cannot put the animals in the storage places like on Farmville so can someone tell me EXACTLY what to do or what I am doing wrong, please? And I figured out I need to plant sugar cane to get the sugar refinery to work, right?:eek:

The storage it's talking about is when you click on "harvest cows and goats" and the milk goes to your storage (where your crops go). And yes, you have to plant sugar cane for the sugar refinery like you plant wheat for the flour mill.

kiwirick
Mar 20 2010, 06:35 PM

When you harvest your cows and goats, leave the milk in storage. Then go to your processing plant, click facilities, and try to add them that way. You must have the milk etc in your storage to be able to add it. As long as the animals are on your farm they will be harvested. you do not need to put them into the buildings,

jwilsongarrison@yahoo.com
Mar 20 2010, 06:37 PM
I put things into Diary Production,,but it is NOT producing anything,,,Please explain
judanne_jdanne@yahoo.com

jwilsongarrison@yahoo.com
Mar 20 2010, 06:40 PM

YES me to, I put things into production, BUT NOTHING PRODUCES...Have you figured it out yet?? Please Explain......Toodles

Mr. H
Mar 20 2010, 06:44 PM
Go to the "what's cooking" and then there should be a button that says "store" under the picture of cheese.

The "Store" button doesn't show up until you hover the mouse over the box.

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 20 2010, 06:45 PM
YES me to, I put things into production, BUT NOTHING PRODUCES...Have you figured it out yet?? Please Explain......Toodles

Are you on Myspace?

jordynsmom
Mar 20 2010, 07:18 PM
OK, can I complain?? I planted all my fields to pumpkins before I saw the new stuff, now I have to wait 3 days to get the new stuff. LOL, NO, I am not complaining, really I am loving all the new stuff. It will give me time to figure out how to rearrange my farm and put my new stuff. Counting down the days.

jokesmom
Mar 20 2010, 07:31 PM
HELP When I click on the butter and cheese it tells me it is in production. When I got to see what's cooking it is there. WhenI close the screen to do something else and then go back to check progress it tells me there is nothing in production NEED HELP PLEASE

sherrydale2003
Mar 20 2010, 07:43 PM
I had things going as well.. Went back and nothing...

vickig67
Mar 20 2010, 09:24 PM
having same problem as everyone else. I go back and nothing is there. Any solutions?

RoxyRocks
Mar 20 2010, 09:26 PM
All of my Myspace neighbors who have the newly released facilities, as well as myself, are not able to get them to function.

We harvest our goods into storage, then click the appropriate action to process them. It shows the action by deleting it from our storage, as well as claiming to give +1xp, but we do not receive the xp nor does the facility process them. As soon as we reboot the game our items that we harvested show back up in our storage.

Could you please have the developers look into this issue?

I posted about Myspace users not being able to get the St. Patricks day banners and I was told it was being taken care of. The post was then closed and then I posted our disappointment in not getting the holiday item.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308790 (my original post)

Now I was told by the same Moderator that I should have posted about the problem.:mad: :confused:

Let's just say I'm not a happy camper right now :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 20 2010, 09:39 PM
All of my Myspace neighbors who have the newly released facilities, as well as myself, are not able to get them to function.

We harvest our goods into storage, then click the appropriate action to process them. It shows the action by deleting it from our storage, as well as claiming to give +1xp, but we do not receive the xp nor does the facility process them. As soon as we reboot the game our items that we harvested show back up in our storage.

Could you please have the developers look into this issue?

I posted about Myspace users not being able to get the St. Patricks day banners and I was told it was being taken care of. The post was then closed and then I posted our disappointment in not getting the holiday item.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308790 (my original post)

Now I was told by the same Moderator that I should have posted about the problem.:mad: :confused:

Let's just say I'm not a happy camper right now :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Yes, thanks for reporting this. I don't know which mod told you not to, but this issue with facilities not working is important. It has been reported to the devs :)

thegleam
Mar 20 2010, 10:42 PM
It appears not to be just a myspace problem, since I'm on facebook. I've been trying to produce all day thinking "what am I doing wrong" sigh....

xCalistax
Mar 20 2010, 10:47 PM
Hello...
I hope I am not being redundant.

Will the items in production (sugar, cheese, butter) go to waste if not 'harvested' in time?

Grandma Marianne
Mar 20 2010, 10:57 PM
Okay now all this is great, but-----------------
IT'S TIME FOR EASTER!!

After all it is 2 weeks from tomorrow!!

Lakemom
Mar 20 2010, 11:19 PM
I put in a Dairy Processing Plant and I do not understand how you get the coins for the batchs, can you help me Lakemom

Miya902
Mar 21 2010, 12:21 AM
I put in a Dairy Processing Plant and I do not understand how you get the coins for the batchs, can you help me Lakemom

Once you harvest milk from your cows or goats, Via, Dairy Barn. You then go to the Dairy Facility and click on "show Facility Details" it then displays various items you can cook.. can on the one you want to cook. It adds 6 Items at a time, I believe, but you can add all the milk at once by clicking multiple times.. but it only cooks 6 at a time.. Example. Cheese from Cows takes 4 hours too cook, come back in four hours to pick up 6 Cheese's. (out of the "what's cooking tab in the Facility.) you then go to the market place and sell it just like any other harvest....

Sorry if its a bit confusing. Good luck!

Crystal Kat
Mar 21 2010, 12:30 AM
Thank you for the great Farm Town am hooked, the new stuff is wonderful I really dont know how you do it but am glad you do lol Kathy

prettyponies
Mar 21 2010, 12:36 AM
I am ***LOVING*** my new cheese and butter facility! Wow - what a great addition! I've already done a ton of butter and cheese, and sold it all. It was snapped up like hotcakes at the market. ;)

I especially like the ability of multiple click at the same time to have each batch set up in the schedule for processing. That's a real time saver! I put everything into production, then leave to do other farming chores. Come back later to store the completed items for the market.

Kudos to the developers for this one!

Anxious to see what we will be getting for the Easter holiday.:)

Lizajane
Mar 21 2010, 01:34 AM
oo having fun - love the sugar cane crop so guess what I got first! but Iasked it to produce my first of sugar about 10 hours ago ,,,, and I'm still waiting for it to appear in my store items ..... acciddentally sold the wheat so now I have to wait 2 days to make flour :(

Judy1953
Mar 21 2010, 02:03 AM
Love the new dairy facility - so far - cross fingers, toes and eyebrows - all is working well and the glitches I've had recently seem to have gone. Still having trouble with the 'I'm busy" avatar when I want to look at the facility but I'll beat her yet!! :D

curtis1973
Mar 21 2010, 02:17 AM
Hi There,

Enjoy!

Thanks,

--Raul

Ok i have a question about the dairy refinery i can make cheese but when i drop the window to tend to farm it has me restart the whole process all over again just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

New to This
Mar 21 2010, 03:24 AM
thank you for this update.

thanks also to jaso643 for the well explained diagrams. much appreciated .

Thanks to jaso643 -- I had not noticed the different tabs and was wondering how I was going to do what I needed to do. :confused: Duh!!!!! :o Mybad!!!!

I to would like to send out a huge -- huge -- thank you to the devs for this great new update. How exciting!!!!!! Someone said you rock!!!!! I agree!!!! You totally rock!!!!!! :D

lynxkay
Mar 21 2010, 03:48 AM
Its great getting new things, but could we make our first farm bigger and please can we sack people as well as hiring them.
Thank you

ginabaines@hotmail.com
Mar 21 2010, 05:15 AM
Thank you so much. I think I understand, will let you know!!! Really thank you!

Momthebomb191
Mar 21 2010, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the new release. Lots of fun...but MORE work!!!! LOL! I am appreciative of all the effort put forth to make this game the very best.

fdavid
Mar 21 2010, 07:05 AM
Just noticed this, You have a cranberry tree, cranberries don't grow on trees.

Mrs.Green
Mar 21 2010, 07:17 AM
How do you add the sugar to the storage ,I must be missing something a\s I get no where with it ,thanks

Molly Tucker
Mar 21 2010, 07:30 AM
Thank you!!!!!!! This is really cool!!!!
I hope that maybe we'll have something that we can use the tree fruit for.
Thanks for keeping me going.
I LOVE my farms :)

jeanmallaby
Mar 21 2010, 08:29 AM
Hi There,

Enjoy!

Thanks,

--Raul

Brilliant! how about putting hens and cows in the store too instead of relying on them to be gifted? I have little chickens and a goose of which i just got gifted the goose and my chicken coop wont do any thing! I bought the sugar mill and dairy production plant but got no cows to milk! come on think about it!??????

janisko
Mar 21 2010, 08:32 AM
I am ***LOVING*** my new cheese and butter facility! Wow - what a great addition! I've already done a ton of butter and cheese, and sold it all. It was snapped like hotcakes up at the market. ;)

I especially like the ability of multiple click at the same time to have each batch set up in the schedule for processing. That's a real time saver!

Kudos to the developers for this one!

Anxious to see what is in store for the Easter holiday.:)

Could you please share what you mean by "multiple clicking?" I'd sure like to be able to do that!

jeanmallaby
Mar 21 2010, 08:34 AM
Can u please put hens and cows into the market so we can buy them as they are only gifted and iI ain't got no cows or hens! asked my friends to send me them but it's a slow process, I have lots of FT coins that i could use to buy what i need, but can't

janisko
Mar 21 2010, 08:39 AM
Although I'm one of the lucky ones in that my dairy plant is operating properly now, I'm wondering about the length of processing time that just keeps getting longer and longer.

I started "cooking" last night and then harvested more milk this morning. I don't have that many cows and goats but am already out several days before what I have cooking will be ready. In another week or so I'll be out many weeks! We'll never get everything produced and sold!

Did anyone consider what it means to have 3 and 4 hours for each batch? I've already gone to all butter to avoid the length of time cheese takes but on the goat milk our only option is goat cheese and that's 3 hours.

And one last question.. Can we leave our cheese and butter in the plant or will it spoil after a certain length of time? I'll be going on vacation so it will be sitting there for a week.

Taterpeel
Mar 21 2010, 08:58 AM

I am also having problems. I put stuff inside but nothing happens. I thought I was doing something wrong

Louise Johnson
Mar 21 2010, 09:12 AM
I just re-did my farms and turned one into an "Alpine Adventure" because I loved the Stone Cottage & Stone Windmill!! Imagine my surprise and joy to discover that I can now produce flour!!! And faster than with the little red windmill! I'm waiting for my first harvest of wheat to see how this will all work. Thanks for the continual upgrades.

How about a third farm? I've themed and decorated both my farms and I need one I can just keep totally in crops!! LOL!!

tattooed_angel
Mar 21 2010, 09:56 AM
IM HAVING PROBLEMS ON MYSPACE WITH THE NEW BUILDINGS WHEN I PUT ANYTHING INTO PRODUCTION AND REFRESH MY PAGE ALL MY MILK AND SUGAR CANE GOS BACK INTO MY STORAGE IT WONT LET ME DO THE CHEESE OR SUGAR HAVENT TRYED THE WHEAT YET PLEASE HELP ME :confused:

Keykoo
Mar 21 2010, 09:58 AM
OK, I got the new facilities and have submitted products for them to process, but nothing is happening. Am I loosing the products that I submitted or is it just taking longer to process (cook)? On my 'Cooking' side, it has the cow cheese to click for processing...and nothing is finishing??? Please help!!

ntustin
Mar 21 2010, 11:18 AM
Help

My Dairy Shed wont load?

What do I do?

The cows are getting grumpy because they need to be milked!

Neo

Carson982
Mar 21 2010, 11:25 AM
why dont they put the cows and goats in the store, i cant get them because my friends never send gifts. this is not fair. they need to be able to be purchased :mad:

alleycat9122
Mar 21 2010, 11:52 AM
I have started production on all the milk products, and a field of sugar cane. My facilities say nothing is cooking. What do I do?

dwsw93
Mar 21 2010, 11:53 AM
thank you for the new things But why cant we harvest turkey eggs???
please reply

schoolmarm
Mar 21 2010, 12:00 PM
Will the buildings still work with the animals if my buildings are on Farm 2 while the animals are still on farm 1?

sewnnana
Mar 21 2010, 12:04 PM
I have tried the new facilities, butter, cheese, flour and sugar. My products never show up after I have clicked on the produce button. I have waited the alloted time. Where do they show up, I assumed in storage but there is nothing there.
This is also the case on my husband's farm.

Thank you for your help.
sewnnana(:confused:

frenchy62
Mar 21 2010, 12:08 PM
How do I get cows/goats and hens/ducks to put in my Dairy Shed and Chicken Coop?

mydecorator
Mar 21 2010, 12:28 PM
Are you a developer or moderator?

When are you putting Easter items on?

Is there anyway you could make it possible to give gifts directly from storage.
that would be really helpful if you have friends or family you would like to share with
things you bought or things they bought that you would like.

Please answer my request.

mydecorator

sassyinrockies
Mar 21 2010, 12:34 PM
i have put many things into production since addin all the new stuff yesterday and have yet had any thing to sell from it .. whats up with that .. but all builds do hide which is a good thing

SteelerChick
Mar 21 2010, 01:39 PM
PLEASE HELP

On Myspace Farm Town: If you close the production screen for flour, sugar, butter/cheeses, it stops production. You have to leave the screen up all day and all night for it to produce, which means you can't farm in the meantime. With dozens of units of goat cheese processing, it will take days to process all of it. This glitch does not exist on Facebook Farm Town.

Also, on both Facebook & Myspace Farm Towns: Once production starts, can you sell the original product--milk, wheat, sugar, etc.? Or must it stay in storage until all units are processed for storage/sale?

SteelerChick
Mar 21 2010, 01:40 PM
How do I get cows/goats and hens/ducks to put in my Dairy Shed and Chicken Coop?

You can't put them IN your sheds; they just have to be on the same farm if you have two farms.

Deb NZ
Mar 21 2010, 01:41 PM
I have tried the new facilities, butter, cheese, flour and sugar. My products never show up after I have clicked on the produce button. I have waited the alloted time. Where do they show up, I assumed in storage but there is nothing there.
This is also the case on my husband's farm.

Thank you for your help.
sewnnana(:confused:

Go to what's cooking and from there send to storage

Deb NZ
Mar 21 2010, 01:43 PM

These are gifts from neighbours

BillyTheKid
Mar 21 2010, 02:12 PM
I have a couple of questions. I'm just trying out the mill with flour in production for the first time.
But I did a LOT of it. It says - first batch of 5 ready in 2 hours - so, just to be sure, it'll only do 5 at a time?
Also, if a batch is ready but doesn't get put in storage, will it go bad?
Because I put through so much wheat, it could be running over night. I don't want to end up losing batches.
Thanks.
Phil (aka Joe Canadian)

Stormy Gail
Mar 21 2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the new stuff Raul...:)

JAMurray
Mar 21 2010, 03:16 PM
how do i get the processing mills to work? it says I need a milk cow and a goat - so how do I get those?

jhotchkiss2
Mar 21 2010, 03:19 PM
Since the new items were added(3/19) I can't get in at all.,from facebook or any other way.
:(

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 21 2010, 03:28 PM
how do i get the processing mills to work? it says I need a milk cow and a goat - so how do I get those?

You get cows and goats from friends. And you'll need the dairy shed to get the milk to process at the dairy plant.

pioneerwoman
Mar 21 2010, 03:29 PM
The cows and goats have to be given to you as gifts.

JAMurray
Mar 21 2010, 03:30 PM
I have cows and goats but how does one harvest? There is no choice for that on mine

JojoNZ
Mar 21 2010, 03:48 PM
Hi,
Is anyone having problems with the new Production Building? I have atempted to make butter twice now and it never appears in my storage when completed for me to sell. I thought it might work similar to the animal buildings. Can anyone help please?
Thanks for the new upgrade Raul. :)

JojoNZ
Mar 21 2010, 04:06 PM
But they do grow as a bush up to 2 metres (6ft) high! Some people have been known to shape them into what is called a "standard" (lollipop shape). Good Luck with your farming! :)

brendacuviello
Mar 21 2010, 04:18 PM
I am having the same problem as some of the other farmers. There is no option on my dairy to harvest the animals. I have several goats and cows, some of which I have had longer than 8 hours, so should be able to harvest. Still unable to harvest them to begin production of goods. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 21 2010, 04:18 PM
Hi,
Is anyone having problems with the new Production Building? I have atempted to make butter twice now and it never appears in my storage when completed for me to sell. I thought it might work similar to the animal buildings. Can anyone help please?
Thanks for the new upgrade Raul. :)

Click on "what's cooking" and then under the picture when you hover your mouse, and option pops up to "Store".

JojoNZ
Mar 21 2010, 04:23 PM
Click on "what's cooking" and then under the picture when you hover your mouse, and option pops up to "Store".
Wow Thank You! It's so easy once you know! LOL :)

barbkitkat
Mar 21 2010, 04:23 PM
How do you harvest a cow? or a goat? I don't see that anywhere....

JojoNZ
Mar 21 2010, 04:28 PM
How do you harvest a cow? or a goat? I don't see that anywhere....
Hi,
U need to purchase buildings. ie: Wool Shed and Milk Shed

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 21 2010, 04:34 PM
Wow Thank You! It's so easy once you know! LOL :)

Lol, glad it's working and thanks for letting us know!

JojoNZ
Mar 21 2010, 04:46 PM
Lol, glad it's working and thanks for letting us know!
Me again, since you have been so helpful can you tell me if the developers will allow the existing animals I have had since day one, to be able to go into storage so I can move them to my 2nd farm? It would be a shame to have to sell them and ask my neighbours to gift more. I wish to do this as my first farm is too cluttered and would like the new buildings on my 2nd farm.
Many thanks, Jojo

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 21 2010, 04:48 PM
Me again, since you have been so helpful can you tell me if the developers will allow the existing animals I have had since day one, to be able to go into storage so I can move them to my 2nd farm? It would be a shame to have to sell them and ask my neighbours to gift more. I wish to do this as my first farm is too cluttered and would like the new buildings on my 2nd farm.
Many thanks, Jojo

Unfortunately at this time, animals and fuel are the 2 things that do not go into storage. I was in the same boat. I bought a few animals for the second farm and relied on my neighbors to send me the rest.

Circle T Farm
Mar 21 2010, 05:43 PM
IDK< I have tried 3 times today to get the Dairy processing plant to work. I cant babysit it. So far 2 of those times the milk went back to the storage in stead of being processed

fly4fun
Mar 21 2010, 05:54 PM
thanks for the up grade LOVE them. I am trying to make cheese and it keeps telling me I need one more cow milk How many do I need I have 60 cows. I have also noticed that when I send the milk to the refinery I do not get it back even when told I need one more.
Please tell me what I am doing wrong/ Love the idea of processing food. Thanks again.

JojoNZ
Mar 21 2010, 05:54 PM
IDK< I have tried 3 times today to get the Dairy processing plant to work. I cant babysit it. So far 2 of those times the milk went back to the storage in stead of being processed
Ok u clicked on the Processsing Plant, then clicked on to "Show Facility Details"?
The box with "My Dairy Processing" comes up. There are 2 brown headings. Click onto "Whats Cooking". In there it gives you ur production progress. Once it is fininshed you can click on the item to send it to ur Storage.

Check this out and if it not working then one of the Moderators may be able to help you further.

Good luck.

BillyTheKid
Mar 21 2010, 06:01 PM
Ok, I think I answered the first part of my own question.
But, I'd still like to know one thing...
I put a LOT of wheat in to production, and it only does 5 at a time - which takes 2 hours.
Eventually, I have to go to bed. If I don't 'store' the flour after it's produced, will it spoil? (as with the other production facilities)
If product WILL spoil if not stored, what's the safety time on that?

All in all, I think this is a great idea. I think there's still a lot of bugs to work out tho. 19 pages of questions so far... lots to read through.
Some updates and clarifications on the first page may need to be in order soon.
Thanks for the new stuff!

JAS0643
Mar 21 2010, 06:09 PM
How do you add the sugar to the storage ,I must be missing something a\s I get no where with it ,thanks

When you harvest sugar and put it in storage not sell it as you harvest it or have someone harvest the sugar cane it goes into your storage that is all you need to do.

Could you please share what you mean by "multiple clicking?" I'd sure like to be able to do that!

When you go to add milk to make cheese or butter if you keep clicking till you run out of milk it will queue up the cooking. If you will look on what's cooking you will see pending and then the number of batches you have pending. When one batches finishes the next batch will start even if you are not logged into the game at that time.

Although I'm one of the lucky ones in that my dairy plant is operating properly now, I'm wondering about the length of processing time that just keeps getting longer and longer.

I started "cooking" last night and then harvested more milk this morning. I don't have that many cows and goats but am already out several days before what I have cooking will be ready. In another week or so I'll be out many weeks! We'll never get everything produced and sold!

Did anyone consider what it means to have 3 and 4 hours for each batch? I've already gone to all butter to avoid the length of time cheese takes but on the goat milk our only option is goat cheese and that's 3 hours.

And one last question.. Can we leave our cheese and butter in the plant or will it spoil after a certain length of time? I'll be going on vacation so it will be sitting there for a week.

When one batches finishes the next batch will start even if you are not logged into the game at that time. On the what's cooking tab hover over the item you have cooking and you should see a store button come up click on that and the items that are ready will be put into your storage. I have left butter in there over night which is well past the 30 minute mark and none of it has spoiled so I don't think we need to worry about spoiling.

JAS0643
Mar 21 2010, 06:17 PM

There are cranberry trees. The high-bush cranberry or cranberry tree, a member of the honeysuckle family, is unrelated to cranberries.

CelticMist
Mar 21 2010, 06:22 PM
Still can't get any of the new facilities to work. I play farm town on MS. I click to start making butter, it goes to production. I click off the screen to do some farming, click back on the facility to check progress, go to what's cooking, it says no items are in production yet all of the milk is gone from my shed. If u hit play or refresh, the milk is back in ur shed. Any ideas why its not working for me?

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 21 2010, 06:25 PM
Still can't get any of the new facilities to work. I play farm town on MS. I click to start making butter, it goes to production. I click off the screen to do some farming, click back on the facility to check progress, go to what's cooking, it says no items are in production yet all of the milk is gone from my shed. If u hit play or refresh, the milk is back in ur shed. Any ideas why its not working for me?

It's not just you. FT Myspace users are having issues with facilities. It's been reported to the developers.

CelticMist
Mar 21 2010, 06:27 PM
kk, tyvm for letting me know, oh, and i keep trying to link my farm for u guys like suggested but i can't figure out how to do it with a myspace account, everything i read says how to link to a facebook one.

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 21 2010, 06:29 PM
kk, tyvm for letting me know, oh, and i keep trying to link my farm for u guys like suggested but i can't figure out how to do it with a myspace account, everything i read says how to link to a facebook one.

Awhile back Myspace made some changes and you can no longer link your farm through Myspace. Something else that we've been trying to find an answer to :)

MinkyMillie
Mar 21 2010, 06:37 PM
hi agree all new items are brill, but to accomodate them one has to change ones farms also have to put items into store cos no room on farms (but not i got no more room in storage), you keep inventing all these new facilities and they are brill but u are so clever ( buttering u up now) can u not give us more land do not mean another farm just wish we could expand the ones we have. Like others i love the game xx

Raven370
Mar 21 2010, 07:18 PM
i hope this is the place to post this. i have bought one of the new facilities on MySpace. Sugar Refinery, i hit the Things to produce button, then start production, i get my XP, but once i close it out, i loose the XP and production stops. Is this a glitch in this section?

Thanks for all the fun stuff do it and i think this is a great idea, just trying to figure out how it all works.

FarmerMom1960
Mar 21 2010, 07:26 PM
You can get it to work on Myspace, I tested it myself this afternoon.

Open up your facility and begin your work, do not close the window!

Open up a Duplicate Tab in Internet Explorer and wait for it to load.

Once it loads you can use the Duplicate Tab to farm by closing the facility window and doing whatever you want. You can even log out as long as you keep the first tab open and the facility window in that tab open.

If you do log out make sure you log back in on a fresh tab (not the one with the window open) and once you are logged in and playing FT switch over to the original tab (it will have the message up saying you have been idle, just click the green) once you click the green to play you should see your work and be able to transfer it into your storage.

I did this today and it does work, it is not how it should work but at least you can use the facilities until FT can fix the problem.

KLO12
Mar 21 2010, 07:34 PM
I to wish we could expand the land we have, not just be able to buy another farm. Maybe a level in-between what we can expand now and buy a new farm.

jhotchkiss2
Mar 21 2010, 07:44 PM
since new items added. Goes to loading and nothing happens:mad:

doogy
Mar 21 2010, 07:47 PM
I clicked on my pigpen expecting to get some bacon to go with my eggs,:( wont work,,will have to go vegetarian.

reteacher
Mar 21 2010, 08:53 PM
I like where you're going with the new facilities. However, they are very slow. There is a button in the sugar plant that says neighbors will soon be able to help produce the sugar faster. When is that upgrade expected?

deelar3
Mar 21 2010, 09:48 PM
When you made this last change or maybe just before, some of my neighbors have lost everything on their farms (all I see is a green lawn square)??!! :confused: Would you please address this issue. Some of my FT & FB friends are see the same thing??!!
Thank you for your help!
Dee

Lori's Organic Farm
Mar 21 2010, 09:56 PM
Ok, I bought the stone (brown?) windmill with farm cash..... harvested my wheat. GUESS WHAT????? it worked... 30 minutes later I got $6000 coins with the first batch! YIPPY! Thank you!

TheirMomma
Mar 21 2010, 10:29 PM
TYVM for getting the Myspace facilities working!!!!

Love them!!!

davyboyo
Mar 22 2010, 12:23 AM
You can only have one type of facility per farm that will actually produce goods, although you can have several other instances of the same type of facility for decorative purposes

Can I have a sugar mill in storage, use the dairy facility and the reverse them and use the sugar facility?

Davyboyo

bbyboop1977
Mar 22 2010, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the new stuff, makes me enjoy and look forward to playing farmtown again.

FarmerGinger
Mar 22 2010, 12:43 AM
The other day, I caught a glimpse of a baby goat nursing its mother! This delighted me!!! How cute is that?! Now, do hens and roosters make new chickens? And does the cow and bull make little cows that grow up?

sandra.l.huffman
Mar 22 2010, 12:54 AM
Great Idea just started it up today looks like fun. I think get the xp points well be great it really is the hardest to get and means a lot to me.

TheirMomma
Mar 22 2010, 01:01 AM
Can I have a sugar mill in storage, use the dairy facility and the reverse them and use the sugar facility?

Davyboyo

you can have 1 sugar refinery, 1 dairy plant and 1 windmill they all 3 can work at the same time if u have the milk, wheat and sugarcane but you can NOT have more than 1 of the SAME plant/refinery and have them work at the same time, if u have more than 1 of the SAME plant/refinery they are for decoration purpose only

Sacto farmer
Mar 22 2010, 01:49 AM
Problem on farm #2. The animal barn won't let me harvest even though it says 100%. Anything I'm doing wrong? Farm #1 with same barn works fine.

BELLAKITA
Mar 22 2010, 02:27 AM
hola yo compre varias factorias de hacer leche y mantequilla y tengo las vacas pero no se como funciona me puedes ayudar por favor

SunnyD
Mar 22 2010, 03:27 AM
When you click on a facility, then click on show facility details this comes up.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/jas0643/Farm%20Town/ftf.jpg

From there you can click on what's cooking and you will see this.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/jas0643/Farm%20Town/ftf1.jpg

In the top left corner you see a blue oval that says produce faster. When you click on that you will see this.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/jas0643/Farm%20Town/ftf2.jpg

Just wondering....... Since FT is down due to maintenance maybe this is what they are fixing?? woo hooo. it's 4:30am Eastern now.. so only 1/2 hour until we find out..........

huckleberry1
Mar 22 2010, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the processing plants............cool. Now, of course, we REALLY need more room or another farm.

All my buildings will hide........no problem.

TIP If you need to hide something really big and you have a Manor all you have to do is Move the item and hover over the Manor and place it on the roof. It will rest comfortably under the Manor until you want it again. Very handy if you run out of storage. :D I'm relatively sure this will be "fixed" but it works right now.
i'm in agreement with you. we need the option of a new farm or at least more land :-)

srfrench@hughes.net
Mar 22 2010, 07:06 AM
in our family 3 of us have farms and on all of us our second farms freeze up and the page won't move for up to 15 or 30 seconds. ///this should be fixed soon I hope.

SunnyD
Mar 22 2010, 07:14 AM
UH OH....... Just harvested my cows.... and umm it says I need to add 1 more cow milk.. have a whole lot of cows I just harvested what's up??? also the harvested milk is not showing up in my storage at all...... the only thing that was in my storage was previously produced cheeses, and butter..... all of the milk is gone.......

HelenJS22
Mar 22 2010, 07:42 AM
I clicked on my pigpen expecting to get some bacon to go with my eggs,:( wont work,,will have to go vegetarian.

LOL - Love it :D

essexboy
Mar 22 2010, 07:46 AM
im going to say this again lol.this has to be the best upgrade that farmtown has made so far,well since november last year anyway.its a very interesting,fresh,new,unique.its a wow upgrade.cheers dev and mods for a great game.

RIAP27
Mar 22 2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks everyone for the help! I did finally figure out the "Whats Cooking" is another tab and found all my products! I LOVE this facility!

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 22 2010, 09:31 AM
Problem on farm #2. The animal barn won't let me harvest even though it says 100%. Anything I'm doing wrong? Farm #1 with same barn works fine.
Do you have the animals? The dairy shed won't work unless there are cows and/or goats. The wool shed will not work without llamas and/or sheep.

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) I think only one dairy barn...coop...refinery...etc per FARMER works. So the second dairy barn would be for decoration purposes only.

A Mod may want to double check that info

I have a dairy shed on each farm and it both produces milk.

free1indeed
Mar 22 2010, 10:21 AM
Awesome...you devs are totally awesome. I love this game.

eloise8
Mar 22 2010, 10:29 AM
A big thanks to everyone at Slaskey for responding so quickly everything works fine made my first batch of sugar today! You are great!

Jane19125
Mar 22 2010, 10:59 AM
Hi There,

Enjoy!

Thanks,

--Raul

Hi Raul, Do we have to buy the animals, cows,sheep,hens,llamas etc for these facilities? and if yes where do we put them? because once bought you can't put animals into storage and they wont go in the barns etc...thanks

Molly Mew
Mar 22 2010, 11:03 AM
A big thanks to everyone at Slaskey for responding so quickly everything works fine made my first batch of sugar today! You are great!

Thanks for letting us know. I'm pleased it's working for you now. :)

drop73
Mar 22 2010, 11:44 AM
I am a level 80 farmer in FarmTown. I calculate what is the best way to make money with the various crops, trees, and animals. I have what is called a "daily yield ratio" figure by which I'm able to determine what is the best use of my time, land, and money to invest in. The recent Facilities updates that use Cow Milk are simply not worth the time.

The reason I say that is because by the time you divide the number of units (20 units & 6 units respectively) it takes to create one unit of Butter or Cheese, you lose money in the process of doing so. In order for your unit cost to beat selling the Cow Milk itself directly, Butter would need to sell at $2041 per output unit (currently at $140 per output unit), if you had 20 cows. Or if you wanted to to sell Cheese you would need to sell each Cheese unit at $625 per output unit (currently at $600 per output unit), if you had 6 cows. So don't waste your time trying to produce butter and cheese. It will put you behind.

However, if you have at least 8 goats, it it still worth your time to produce Goat Cheese. The Sugar production from Sugarcane is definitely worth your time.

LoreneC
Mar 22 2010, 12:11 PM
I am a level 80 farmer in FarmTown. I calculate what is the best way to make money with the various crops, trees, and animals. I have what is called a "daily yield ratio" figure by which I'm able to determine what is the best use of my time, land, and money to invest in. The recent Facilities updates that use Cow Milk are simply not worth the time.

The reason I say that is because by the time you divide the number of units (20 units & 6 units respectively) it takes to create one unit of Butter or Cheese, you lose money in the process of doing so. In order for your unit cost to beat selling the Cow Milk itself directly, Butter would need to sell at $2041 per output unit (currently at $140 per output unit), if you had 20 cows. Or if you wanted to to sell Cheese you would need to sell each Cheese unit at $625 per output unit (currently at $600 per output unit), if you had 6 cows. So don't waste your time trying to produce butter and cheese. It will put you behind.

However, if you have at least 8 goats, it it still worth your time to produce Goat Cheese. The Sugar production from Sugarcane is definitely worth your time.

You can put everything into production at once, so I am not sure what you mean by the time it takes to put into production.

RoxyRocks
Mar 22 2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks DTRD...I knew I could count on you :-)

christina060
Mar 22 2010, 12:28 PM
Thank you so much for the updates..You guys rock! Thank you also for fixing the facilities in mayspace so quick..I really love them..Are you guys planning anything for easter? I hope so!

dorissau
Mar 22 2010, 12:33 PM
OK.. guess I'm stupid, but I don't see how I can sell anything from my facilities. I pumped about 1000 milk into the dairy, and nothing is happening?? So how do you get the butter, cheese & sell it???

neewahmoon
Mar 22 2010, 12:36 PM
ok for the post under face book, my account is under myspace not facebook

BELLAKITA
Mar 22 2010, 12:42 PM
I'm also having a problem - how do you process? Not sure what it means by asking for another cow milk

GinnyFlip
Mar 22 2010, 12:46 PM
Am I dumb or what? I added the facility that produced cheese, butter etc, but it tell's me I need for example to add 1+ cow to storage before I can produce the product. Now pray tell me how to add the animals to storage. When I click on a cow for instance there is nothing there to send it to storage. Please tell me what I need to do to produce these product from that expensive facility I just purchased.

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 22 2010, 12:58 PM
Hi Raul, Do we have to buy the animals, cows,sheep,hens,llamas etc for these facilities? and if yes where do we put them? because once bought you can't put animals into storage and they wont go in the barns etc...thanks
You have to have cows/goats for milk for dairy. You put them on your farm anywhere.

OK.. guess I'm stupid, but I don't see how I can sell anything from my facilities. I pumped about 1000 milk into the dairy, and nothing is happening?? So how do you get the butter, cheese & sell it???

Go to your facility. Click on "what's cooking" and hover the mouse under the picture and "Store' should appear and that sends it to storage.

I'm also having a problem - how do you process? Not sure what it means by asking for another cow milk

If it needs more milk, that means you either have none or not enough to process butter/cheese. You process by having enough of milk to make cheese or butter. We do have an official thread in help and support that has all this information. http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311070

Am I dumb or what? I added the facility that produced cheese, butter etc, but it tell's me I need for example to add 1+ cow to storage before I can produce the product. Now pray tell me how to add the animals to storage. When I click on a cow for instance there is nothing there to send it to storage. Please tell me what I need to do to produce these product from that expensive facility I just purchased.

You don't put animals in storage, it's asking about the milk. To produce, you have to have enough milk to make cheese or butter and click "produce". We have an official thread in help and support on this :) http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311070

jefferyprimeau97
Mar 22 2010, 02:25 PM

nope they dont

platnm6309
Mar 22 2010, 02:28 PM
now if you could just fix my plus sign by my envelope, i would be happy.

SunnyD
Mar 22 2010, 03:10 PM
got a problem...... my sister has 11 cows she had milked ok...... the milk is in her storage.... but still the Dairy plant says she needs 1 more to produce cheese........ was able to make butter... perhaps it took it all for that???.........

Lessa615
Mar 22 2010, 03:33 PM
I click on links to produce butter, cheese, sugar, etc. I have the raw materials in storage, but nothing happens. I don't get any items - or I just am not seeing where they are. I have nothing to sell or is it automatic? Please help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

BELLAKITA
Mar 22 2010, 03:34 PM
nobody wants helpme wats is this

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 22 2010, 03:35 PM
nobody wants helpme wats is this

I did reply to you. Look at post #233.

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 22 2010, 03:36 PM
I click on links to produce butter, cheese, sugar, etc. I have the raw materials in storage, but nothing happens. I don't get any items - or I just am not seeing where they are. I have nothing to sell or is it automatic? Please help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

You click on the facility and then click on produce. Once the product is done, then click "what's cooking" and then you have to click on "store" which appears when you hover your mouse under the picture.

Lene Bay
Mar 22 2010, 04:01 PM
I have made my first butter and cow milk cheese and goat milk cheese. They should be finished. But where are they? I can't sell it when I don't know where to find it.

And I had to buy another red mill to make flour. The one I had ahead couldn't make flour. So now I have 2 mills.

Thanks I have found out to store it.

glo th
Mar 22 2010, 04:05 PM
OK well I have yet to get any further than Whats cooking no matter how many times I add milk. I do get the exp points each time but other than that mine is NOT working. I am very disappointed as I really do enjoy farmtown. Love the ideas of the new upgrade. I don't need it to work faster before it works at all. HELP!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bm&cid=bm

blizz
Mar 22 2010, 04:09 PM
O...Great something else to get hooked on .......Thanks . :eek:

Steeler Girl
Mar 22 2010, 04:28 PM
How do you harvest the cheese, butter, etc once it has been processed?? I've been making cheese and butter for a couple of days but it has yet to show up in my storage and I can't figure out how to harvest it. THANKS...

Molly Mew
Mar 22 2010, 04:55 PM
OK well I have yet to get any further than Whats cooking no matter how many times I add milk. I do get the exp points each time but other than that mine is NOT working. I am very disappointed as I really do enjoy farmtown. Love the ideas of the new upgrade. I don't need it to work faster before it works at all. HELP!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bm&cid=bm

How do you harvest the cheese, butter, etc once it has been processed?? I've been making cheese and butter for a couple of days but it has yet to show up in my storage and I can't figure out how to harvest it. THANKS...

You need to click on where it says 'what's cooking'. This opens a new tab that shows how far your products have progressed. Once they're at 100%, hover the cursor just above the picture to click on 'store'.

echannigan
Mar 22 2010, 05:20 PM
Since I purchased the Dairy Processing Plant, I can no longer harvest from my existing dairy shed. When hovering over the dairy shed, it says 100% ready to harvest but when I click on the "harvest cows and goats" command, I receive the message "No animals to harvest"

I have cleared my browser several times. I hid the dairy brown and brought it back to the farm which reset the animals to zero. However, once the counter got to 100% again, the same messages as described above appear.

Suggestions? Thanks for your help

sgtcluck
Mar 22 2010, 05:59 PM
Hopefully someone here can help me. When I try to harvest butter, milk or cheese it tells me that I either need 1 more cow or sheep in storage. How do I put them in storage? When I click on them there is nothing that shows to put them in storage. Thank you

Judy1953
Mar 22 2010, 06:14 PM
Hopefully someone here can help me. When I try to harvest butter, milk or cheese it tells me that I either need 1 more cow or sheep in storage. How do I put them in storage? When I click on them there is nothing that shows to put them in storage. Thank you
You have to have a dairy shed and a wool shed - these will harvest the animals (you don't have to put the animals anywhere) - you then harvest these sheds - goes into storage and then you can use the milk in your dairy facility. :D

Deb NZ
Mar 22 2010, 06:24 PM
Since I purchased the Dairy Processing Plant, I can no longer harvest from my existing dairy shed. When hovering over the dairy shed, it says 100% ready to harvest but when I click on the "harvest cows and goats" command, I receive the message "No animals to harvest"

I have cleared my browser several times. I hid the dairy brown and brought it back to the farm which reset the animals to zero. However, once the counter got to 100% again, the same messages as described above appear.

Suggestions? Thanks for your help

You must have the dairy shed on the same farm as your cows is this what you have?

glo th
Mar 22 2010, 07:14 PM
Thank you Molly its working for me now. I was clicking on the picture of something to cook instead of the words. I think I have lots in the oven LOL

preciousbaby1106
Mar 22 2010, 07:26 PM
I think that the facilities are a waste of time and coins. Who wants to keep planting wheat and sugar cane? That's the only way they work. The dairy shed, chicken coup, the wool shed are okay as long as you can get friends to send you the animals as gifts. DO AWAY WITH THE FACILITIES OR MAKE THEM MORE USEFUL