View Full Version : New Release -- April 03, 2010

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Apr 03 2010, 12:20 AM
Hey there,

This release add support for a 3rd farm. Here are the details:

1. To buy the 3rd Farm, you need to have the 2nd Farm already

2. You can buy the 3rd farm in:

a. Farm Cash: 40 Farm cash for a 12x12 farm and 20 Farm cash for each additional upgrade. Notice this is 50% cheaper compared to when we launched the 2nd farm. Also, remember you can earn some Farm cash for free daily by installing the application of the day on the 'Earn coins' tab on the top right.

b. Coins: 1000000 coins for a 12x12 farm, but you need to have at least 30 neighbours

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

cletis
Apr 03 2010, 12:25 AM
Really getting tired of things being based on the amount of neighbors you have.

auntmomof4
Apr 03 2010, 12:28 AM
can i move my facilities from one farm to another by putting them in storage?

Capt. Conor
Apr 03 2010, 12:30 AM
Thanks Raul,

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 03 2010, 12:36 AM

Yes you can :)

JAS0643
Apr 03 2010, 12:37 AM

Yes you can BUT make sure they are not producing anything or have anything you need to collect before you put it in storage as you will lose all of it if you don't. Once the facility is not working click on it and click on add to storage then go to the farm you want to move it too and bring it out of storage and place it where you want too.

Thank you for the 3rd farm I have already bought it and can't wait to start using it.

Tom C
Apr 03 2010, 12:43 AM
Can you move animals from one farm to another?

JanMac57
Apr 03 2010, 12:48 AM
Love you devs! Doing a happy dance on my new industrial farm!!!!! Now can I exercise restraint and bring it up in size gradually???? Probably not! Thank you!
:D :D :D

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 03 2010, 12:49 AM
Can you move animals from one farm to another?

No you cannot. Friends can gift them to you and you can open them on the farm you want them to be on.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 03 2010, 12:53 AM
Oh yeah...thanks Raul :) A perfect spot to place all my new facilities :D

Wilde Lily
Apr 03 2010, 01:17 AM
Thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

amberdh
Apr 03 2010, 01:29 AM
Wow. This new release is in the future. It is still April 2nd at my house!! lol

Thanks Devs!

kiwirick
Apr 03 2010, 02:26 AM
Many thanks to Raul for helping me with the X025 error, and to all the devs & mods who help with the game. Big thanks to Molly, Ellshere & double t, for their help and advise to us all.

essexboy
Apr 03 2010, 02:54 AM
cheers for the 3rd farm option.its great and ive already got the 12 by 12 size.:)

jmwilkes
Apr 03 2010, 03:32 AM
Like other users I am annoyed that the third farm is restricted by the number of neighbours you have. I am level 80 and have two fully developed farms was really looking forward to being able to buy another farm.

Maybe those of us without enough neighbours should all stop playing in protest.

Come on developers be fair!!!!!!!!!!!

anotherfarmer
Apr 03 2010, 03:42 AM
Thank YOU, well it has NOT been all about just farming to me its been about making friend all around the world and in saying that i make friends along with playing this GAME and with making friends i made neighbours so I have enough.......... its a game, its free obviously it gives us lots of fun and laughs so I have NO complaints at all........ so again thank you

silky
Apr 03 2010, 04:00 AM
Thanks! will we be able to keep upgrading the size like we have with the other 2 farms? cant wait to start decorating!!!!

kiwirick
Apr 03 2010, 04:01 AM
Like other users I am annoyed that the third farm is restricted by the number of neighbours you have. I am level 80 and have two fully developed farms was really looking forward to being able to buy another farm.

level 80 and less than 30 neighbours??? Come on. help those lower down the levels,. Help yourself by visiting your neighbors and gaining more fuel. Help yourself by inviting people to help you with your facilities. Help yourself better yourself by meeting people from all round the world.

Just my thoughts.

I enjoy meeting new people, online and in person. I enjoy helping people with their farms, and people suggesting ideas to me. Try meeting at least one new person a week, and learning who they are, and what they like.

anotherfarmer
Apr 03 2010, 04:06 AM
level 80 and less than 30 neighbours??? Come on. help those lower down the levels,. Help yourself by visiting your neighbors and gaining more fuel. Help yourself by inviting people to help you with your facilities. Help yourself better yourself by meeting people from all round the world.

Just my thoughts.

I enjoy meeting new people, online and in person. I enjoy helping people with their farms, and people suggesting ideas to me. Try meeting at least one new person a week, and learning who they are, and what they like.

100% agree.............clap clap clap lol

rkneale
Apr 03 2010, 04:24 AM
purchased my 3rd farm and upgraded up to 16x16 but not getting xp for them.....can anyone help with this?

Charo
Apr 03 2010, 04:27 AM
Yay!!! I knew it was coming when I saw the space for picking farms to harvest/plow got bigger. ;)

Thank you!!

MinkyMillie
Apr 03 2010, 04:38 AM
I am annoyed too jmwilkes .... was looking forward to having a 3rd farm and think it is unfair that we can only purchase one if one has 30 neighbours (i have 17) or buy one of the promotions ... whilst if your currency is dollars no penalties at all. Remarks made in response to your post cannot even be bothered responding too but i'm all right Jack springs to mind. Going to harvest what is growing then that is it ... sad cos have enjoyed it.

kiwirick
Apr 03 2010, 05:03 AM
I am annoyed too jmwilkes .... was looking forward to having a 3rd farm and think it is unfair that we can only purchase one if one has 30 neighbours (i have 17) or buy one of the promotions ... whilst if your currency is dollars no penalties at all. Remarks made in response to your post cannot even be bothered responding too but i'm all right Jack springs to mind. Going to harvest what is growing then that is it ... sad cos have enjoyed it.

MinkyMillie, feel free to add me as a neighbor, get more active neighbors as you will need em for planting etc, but don't give this up. awesome game, and look how long it took you to get where you are.

Charo
Apr 03 2010, 05:09 AM
I have a question. If we drop below 30 neighbors, does our 3rd farm go away?

krbrown2000
Apr 03 2010, 05:25 AM
So do I understand it right? If you use farm cash, it doesn't matter how many neighbors you have? But if you buy it with coins, you have to have 30 neighbors? I hope that's right, because I'll never have 30 neighbors! But, doing that app of the day thing, I'll eventually have the farm cash!

Thanks for the upgrades!

Filletutta
Apr 03 2010, 05:31 AM
I love this, thanks alot :)

kiwirick
Apr 03 2010, 05:40 AM
So do I understand it right? If you use farm cash, it doesn't matter how many neighbors you have? But if you buy it with coins, you have to have 30 neighbors? I hope that's right, because I'll never have 30 neighbors! But, doing that app of the day thing, I'll eventually have the farm cash!

Thanks for the upgrades!

Add me as a neighbour. The more the merrier. Helps you with third farm. Helps others.

JemimaPuddleduck
Apr 03 2010, 05:45 AM

Sadly I agree, I came for the game, have said before it is not right or safe to add so many strangers to facebook in order to get more priveledges and nowq another farm when surely perserverance and loyalty to the game should suffice, many people have now left, i've read of people losing many neigbours due to lack of interest so now.? . we are being used as a tool to bring more people back? and what exactly are we bringing them back to?? oh of course.. suppose its the modern trend now to use people for own sole benefit... bad practice !!!!
and why should we have to install daily applications that misues our info (yes they do !!!)

sorry but nope.. was fun, always did say you are again being too punitive for farmers who want to play the game.. and njo its not about the social side, maybe a year ago yes.. but these days.. pffft no one says hello or thankkyou.. seems general interest in game is now replaced by greed :( and self gain..
cheers

kiwirick
Apr 03 2010, 05:57 AM
Sadly I agree, I came for the game, have said before it is not right or safe to add so many strangers to facebook in order to get more priveledges and nowq another farm when surely perserverance and loyalty to the game should suffice, many people have now left, i've read of people losing many neigbours due to lack of interest so now.? . we are being used as a tool to bring more people back? and what exactly are we bringing them back to?? oh of course.. suppose its the modern trend now to use people for own sole benefit... bad practice !!!!
and why should we have to install daily applications that misues our info (yes they do !!!)

sorry but nope.. was fun, always did say you are again being too punitive for farmers who want to play the game.. and njo its not about the social side, maybe a year ago yes.. but these days.. pffft no one says hello or thankkyou.. seems general interest in game is now replaced by greed :( and self gain..
cheers

Hi Hon, (Hope the PC police dont get me, and no offense meant). I'm in New Zealand and play on dailup. average connection in 28.8k I have added a lot of people from around the world as friends for this game, BUT have also blocked them from facebook, but allowed them for this game. Yes I am greedy for this game...MY NAME IS RICK AND I AM ADDICTED. if you like the game, there are ways for you to play. don't give it away unless you want to.

toonsarah
Apr 03 2010, 06:12 AM
Please please please reconsider about the 30 neighbour rule. I am desperate to get a 3rd farm and was so excited when I saw the announcement, only to be knocked back by that limit. I'm not being anti-social as some here have suggested - I struggle to keep 11 neighbours to allow me to hire plowers because every time I reach that number some give up the game and I have to look for others. 30 is way too many in my opinion and you'll lose a lot of support. Maybe you could make it cheaper for those who have more neighbours but still possible for those of us who have fewer? I would happily save coins up to 3 million if it meant I could have another farm for all the facilities!

And yes, I know I could pay with coins but I prefer not to do that. Had I known this would happen I would not have wasted the coins I've been given on buying buildings so another possibility might be if I could swap those to get my coins back to purchase the farm?

kiwirick
Apr 03 2010, 06:27 AM
Please please please reconsider about the 30 neighbour rule. I am desperate to get a 3rd farm and was so excited when I saw the announcement, only to be knocked back by that limit. I'm not being anti-social as some here have suggested - I struggle to keep 11 neighbours to allow me to hire plowers because every time I reach that number some give up the game and I have to look for others. 30 is way too many in my opinion and you'll lose a lot of support. Maybe you could make it cheaper for those who have more neighbours but still possible for those of us who have fewer? I would happily save coins up to 3 million if it meant I could have another farm for all the facilities!

And yes, I know I could pay with coins but I prefer not to do that. Had I known this would happen I would not have wasted the coins I've been given on buying buildings so another possibility might be if I could swap those to get my coins back to purchase the farm?

feel free to add me as a neighbor :)

dinoe
Apr 03 2010, 06:28 AM
This is totally ridiculous.requiring you to have 30 neighbors for 3rd farm or all that farm cash.Why ? being a level 80 an no increase in levels is boring enough,harvest, plow,harvest plow bla bla. im losing neighbors as it is now.Having both farms harvested today an thats it.When f. t. comes to its senses then i will come back to farming.

ojwulff
Apr 03 2010, 06:31 AM
Having a challenge in the game is great. So, requiring neighbors is a nice function of the game. It's very easy to round up neighbors.

Molly Mew
Apr 03 2010, 07:02 AM
Many thanks to Raul for helping me with the X025 error, and to all the devs & mods who help with the game. Big thanks to Molly, Ellshere & double t, for their help and advise to us all.

That's nice of you to say, Rick, I'll make sure the others see this too.
Thank you. :)

And thanks to Raul for yet another fantastic update. :D

secannon
Apr 03 2010, 07:26 AM
This is totally ridiculous.requiring you to have 30 neighbors for 3rd farm or all that farm cash.Why ? being a level 80 an no increase in levels is boring enough,harvest, plow,harvest plow bla bla. im losing neighbors as it is now.Having both farms harvested today an thats it.When f. t. comes to its senses then i will come back to farming.
I agree that the 30 neighbours requirement is ridiculous. I do NOT want to add total strangers as Facebook friends, thus giving them access to my wall, contact info, etc. Now, if I could have people as Farm Town neighbours WITHOUT having to add them as Facebook friends, it would be different. But I only add people I know as Facebook friends. Developers, either change the ridiculous 30 neighbours requirement, or let us add neighbours without having to add them as Facebook friends!

KayGee
Apr 03 2010, 07:36 AM
As with many others, I am a bit disgusted about the neighbor rule. Don't have 30, don't want 30. My question is this. If I bite the bullet and buy the 3rd farm, will the upgrades be locked to me to buy with coins? In other words, does the 30 neighbor rule apply just to the initial 12X12, or do you have to pay farm cash for the upgrades if you're one of those antisocial people who don't want people all over the world seeing your friend list? I have tons of coins since I am a loyal and diligent participant in the game.

LoreneC
Apr 03 2010, 07:44 AM
I dont have neighbors for a 3rd farm either, level 80 etc.

It is OK!

Gosh, all FB games have a neighbor requirement it is just the way it is.

What I do have is two full farms, fun facilites, harvest buddies I work with every day. I can make lots of coins with two full size farms.

My glass is half full!!

Gisli
Apr 03 2010, 07:57 AM
Hey there,

a. Farm Cash: 40 Farm cash for a 12x12 farm and 20 Farm cash for each additional upgrade. Notice this is 50% cheaper compared to when we launched the 2nd farm. Also, remember you can earn some Farm cash for free daily by installing the application of the day on the 'Earn coins' tab on the top right.

b. Coins: 1000000 coins for a 12x12 farm, but you need to have at least 30 neighbours

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Is the offer for free Farm Cash by downloading the application of the day only available for certain countries? The list in the Earn Coins tab is always empty for me.

I agree that the 30 neighbours requirement is ridiculous. I do NOT want to add total strangers as Facebook friends, thus giving them access to my wall, contact info, etc. Now, if I could have people as Farm Town neighbours WITHOUT having to add them as Facebook friends, it would be different. But I only add people I know as Facebook friends. Developers, either change the ridiculous 30 neighbours requirement, or let us add neighbours without having to add them as Facebook friends!

I am like you, I don't like adding strangers to my facebook account. But it's easy to block all information from people on facebook. I have made a list of the farm town forum neighbours, and the people on that list don't have access to anything on my profile. They can see what my name is but that's it, they can't see my contact details, my photos etc.

SallyL
Apr 03 2010, 08:00 AM
Also, remember you can earn some Farm cash for free daily by installing the application of the day on the 'Earn coins' tab on the top right.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the third farm. As soon as I get more farm cash I will buy more facilities and put them on there.:)
I don't get app of the day every day. I go and check and sometimes several days goes by. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Not complaining.

Patricia Arlene
Apr 03 2010, 08:12 AM
Thirty neighbors seems like a lot to me.

KayGee
Apr 03 2010, 08:13 AM
Different people feel differently about the neighbor thing - that just is what it is. No matter what info you can block, your friend's names are available to ALL your friends, whether you really know them or not. The fact remains, many, MANY people play this game without that many neighbors, and to make the premium object of the game at this point to many of us (more land!) available for free only to those with many neighbors is patently unfair. If it costs one, it should cost all. If I can get the info I need about upgrades for Farm 3 (do I have to have 30 neighbors to buy them with coins?), I may even cough up the money for the 12X12, but IT'S.NOT.FAIR.

damichcoop
Apr 03 2010, 08:18 AM
Oh yeah...thanks Raul :) A perfect spot to place all my new facilities :D

Totally agree. Going to make it a factory like area.

Nanny's Nook
Apr 03 2010, 08:33 AM
Totally agree. Going to make it a factory like area.

Yep I'm thinking the same thing. What's funny is I was looking at my facilities early this morning thinking that I wish I could move them from my main farm LOL. Thanks Dev!

mooshoo76
Apr 03 2010, 08:42 AM
hi, thanks for the new farm...BUT when are we going to be able to level up? as it is kinda tiresome being at the same level now for so long, it great we have the new facilities and can take time to play with these but we also need something to work towards eg new levels.. please take time to consider this and give us a update to level up to new levels but take into consideration to the ones who are at level 80 and give us something to work towards too as the last update we went from level 60 to level 80 and hey ho back to working towards nothing... maybe 200 levels would be a great start :)

nala6820
Apr 03 2010, 09:02 AM
OK the 3rd farm is awesome but the 30 neighbor thing is a little much! I don't have out of my 100+ facebook friends that want's to spend time on farm town. And to keep adding cash for installing applications is not right either for I don't want to load up my computer with a bunch of stuff I don't want just to get farm cash.

curlyque1
Apr 03 2010, 09:13 AM
This 3rd farm is ridiculous because there is no way to get to 40 farmtown dollars since level 80 is the highest you can go.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Apr 03 2010, 09:17 AM
love the new farm working on getting it now..

as for the neighbor's adding random people. its called privacy settings you can block who you want from seeing certin things or everything

suefarmer
Apr 03 2010, 09:31 AM
I agree - 30 neighbours for a 3rd farm is unfair. Having played this game for over a year it was always based on achievement and in the spirit of the game you should be able to purchase the 3rd farm for cash based on points and levels and by finishing the 2nd farm. Most people prefer farmville and it can be hard to get neighbours in farmtown.

lenbennett
Apr 03 2010, 09:50 AM

Just my thoughts.

Although I do agree that I luv to meet new people I don't like the fact that they have to be your Facebook Friend before you can add them as a FT neighbour. I wish the devs would come up with a way that you can add people as neighbours much in the same way you add the as buddys. I am not complaining as I luv FT and all of the hard work the devs put into it for us, but like I said I wish there was a different way of obtaining neighbours.

cabbie
Apr 03 2010, 09:53 AM

Hi, yeah so far i've been able to do it. Put stuff into storage from one farm, go the other farm and then get it out of storage from that farm.:)

Nanny's Nook
Apr 03 2010, 09:54 AM
This 3rd farm is ridiculous because there is no way to get to 40 farmtown dollars since level 80 is the highest you can go.

Not true. I just made 30+ on the app of the day and some free insurance quote thing. No cash involved. The free insurance quote took about 3 minutes and 15 minutes later I had my cash. The free app took about a minute and I got my cash as soon as I got back to my farm.

KayGee
Apr 03 2010, 09:56 AM
love the new farm working on getting it now..

as for the neighbor's adding random people. its called privacy settings you can block who you want from seeing certin things or everything

Jeanie, you can't block friends from seeing who your other friends are. I am as concerned about my friends' privacy as my own.

lenbennett
Apr 03 2010, 10:02 AM
If you purchase the 3rd farm with Farm Cash, besides upgrading land size by using Farm Cash can u also upgrade with coins? If so what are the levels/coin amts needed. I am considering paying for the 3rd farm but I don't want to do it if I have to spend FC for the upgrades or if I have be like level 60 or something before I can purchase all upgrades with coin. Could someone that already has a 3rd farm please reply and let me know how it works. Thanks

JudieB
Apr 03 2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks, Farmtown, for the 3rd farm and the facility thingys... I love it all sooo much..
Farmtown is my absolutely favorite game or application... You guys are fantastic!!!!!!
I'm so busy doing Farmtown now, that it is almost like having a job....

JudieB
Apr 03 2010, 10:11 AM
Yes, you can purchase the 3rd farm with coins and also the upgrades... I just did and have upgraded to the highest level in 10 minutes using all coins..

lenbennett
Apr 03 2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for your prompt reply Judy. I just wanted to confirm...did u buy the 3rd farm originally with Farm Cash or with coins?

makytaja
Apr 03 2010, 10:23 AM
Would like to buy and send gifts to family members or special friends.

earlgray
Apr 03 2010, 10:25 AM

Totally agree. No way am I ever going to have 30 neighbors. Sigh...

Farmer Davie
Apr 03 2010, 10:39 AM
I love the game and appreciate all the developers' hard work but I have to agree with Cletis.
I don't see why some of us should be penalised because we don't want to add neighbours by putting lots of people we don't know on our Facebook friend lists.
One specific question: If I buy the third farm with Farm Cash, can I then buy the size upgrades with coins, or do I need 30 neighbours for that too?

Memms
Apr 03 2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks devs for the new stuff and 3rd farm!

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 03 2010, 10:45 AM
If you purchase the 3rd farm with Farm Cash, besides upgrading land size by using Farm Cash can u also upgrade with coins? If so what are the levels/coin amts needed. I am considering paying for the 3rd farm but I don't want to do it if I have to spend FC for the upgrades or if I have be like level 60 or something before I can purchase all upgrades with coin. Could someone that already has a 3rd farm please reply and let me know how it works. Thanks

That's correct...we have a thread in help and support with all that info :) http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3361154

christina060
Apr 03 2010, 10:46 AM
Thank you so much!! When I seen the third farm it made me soooo happy:D and thank you so much for working with myspace so we can link are farm to the forum. You guys are great!

J'sFarm
Apr 03 2010, 10:46 AM
will we be able to refill our fuel faster then waiting one day?

sharing fuel between 3 farms isn't enough

DARLENEW
Apr 03 2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks, Raul....you are the greatest,,,love all of the new upgrades,,,keep up the good work!!!

KayGee
Apr 03 2010, 10:48 AM
ok...i just went to someone's farm and saw a HARP!~ Can someone tell me where to find it? I may have missed it in decorations, assumed that's where it would be. Thanks.

lulu836
Apr 03 2010, 10:59 AM
Also, remember you can earn some Farm cash for free daily by installing the application of the day on the 'Earn coins' tab on the top right.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
Thank you for the third farm. As soon as I get more farm cash I will buy more facilities and put them on there.:)
I don't get app of the day every day. I go and check and sometimes several days goes by. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Not complaining.[/QUOTE]

You do realize don't you that those apps all install extra dlls and tracking cookies. If I have a clean system (which I do) why would I install an app that could possibly contain a virus and/or install hidden tracking cookies?

Shaldimar
Apr 03 2010, 11:11 AM
Having a challenge in the game is great. So, requiring neighbors is a nice function of the game. It's very easy to round up neighbors.

I love FarmTown and because of the neighor requirements I have met a lot of people around the globe that I wouldn't have met otherwise. It's so easy to restrict new friends from the parts of your Fb that you want to keep to yourself I've never seen a reason to worry about privacy. A lot of these new acquaintences have become very good friends. As for the FC issue, I can't blame the creators for wanting and needing some reimbursment for their hard work and efforts to please such a diverse croud. I'll keep playing no matter what they do. Bring it on Devs, I will comply!

lenbennett
Apr 03 2010, 11:31 AM
When you purchase the 3rd farm with farmcash you STILL have to have 30 neighbours to purchase the upgrades with coins. So unless you are willing to shell out $20 FC for each additional upgrade you should try to find 30 neighbours. Unfortunately for me this was not made clear in the post in the official topic and I totally wasted my money. I am hoping to prevent others from making the same mistake.

Stormy Gail
Apr 03 2010, 11:31 AM
I just bought the whole 3rd farm...:D

THANKS RAUL....:D

Stormy Gail
Apr 03 2010, 11:34 AM
When you purchase the 3rd farm with farmcash you STILL have to have 30 neighbours to purchase the upgrades with coins. So unless you are willing to shell out $20 FC for each additional upgrade you should try to find 30 neighbours. Unfortunately for me this was not made clear in the post in the official topic and I totally wasted my money. I am hoping to prevent others from making the same mistake.

I used my Farmtown coins on all purchases...

LoreneC
Apr 03 2010, 11:37 AM
I used my Farmtown coins on all purchases...

You can because you have 30 neighbors. She was referring to the fact if you do not (have 30 neighbors) you can still purchase it with Farmcash. Each upgrade also requires either 30 neighbors or Farmcash. Some who purchased the original 3rd farm with cash had the understanding that after that upgrades could be purchased with coins.

Chickadee16
Apr 03 2010, 11:49 AM
Before we expand to the Oklahoma land rush ...
I am so ticked off this morning because TWICE - last night and this morning - I could not have one of my WELL ESTABLISHED NEIGHBORS hire me for his crop that was in - BECAUSE WHEN I WENT TO HIS FARM HE COULD NOT SEE ME. Neither could Dee last night see me when I went through the message jump, back to my farm, back to their farm, out of game to reload, out of game to reload what I already had loaded and was updated on Flash, back to game, finally back to their harvest where SOMEONE ELSE was already harvesting - and THEY STILL COULD NTO SEE ME even though I could see another avatar reaping the harvest that would have been mine for my kind neighbor. Now I wish you could address the regular ol' glitches like this with all this effort to expand.
Darn it. Talk about compromising the game enjoyment. I'm outta here today I'm so ticked. Not to mention I have other things to do besides goof off here. Sure not going to spend money when I cannot simply get from one farm to another and BE SEEN and BE HIRED BY MY NEIGHBORS. Im repeating myself. Please FIX THIS !!!!

I also HATE having to go through a FORUM where I could be posted to wrong link and NO ONE SEE IT AT TALL and never get ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE. Nevermind that it is supposed to be a free game - it is not - I have made my contributions - and yet no customer service for people that have actually paid real cash. No place for them to go...
You HEAR MY DISAPPOINTMENT when I have had wonderful experience for weeks. and now this. so this is a black mark. if I cannot enjoy the game...the game goes away.

JAS0643
Apr 03 2010, 11:51 AM

For all the people that don't want to share stuff with strangers this is how you can block them from seeing everything on your FB account except your name.

Go to fb click on account then edit friends, once that page comes up click on friends, now at the top of that list there will be create new list button click on that and now name it anything you want. You can add friends you have now to this list or leave it empty for now to add to later. Now go to privacy settings, everything that is on that list has a drop down menu click on it and click on customize and you now have two choices they are make this visible to and hide from. In the hide from box type in the name you gave the list of friends you made, click on that name when it comes up and the people on that list will not be able to see that information about you. Once you have that done click on back to privacy and click on contact information and do the same thing with the information there. Now you don't have to hide everything from them you can hide one category but not another category just depends on how you feel about that information. Now when you add a new friend there is an option when you send a friend request or accept a friend request to add them to a list. At this time if you want they can be added to that list you made and they will see only what you let people on that list see.

Is the offer for free Farm Cash by downloading the application of the day only available for certain countries? The list in the Earn Coins tab is always empty for me.

Do you have an add blocker on your computer? If yes you will need to turn it off before going to the earn coins/cash tab, then you should see the offers. The app of the day is not there everyday but you should see one 2 or 3 times a week. Also remove the app if you are not going to use it, in the past they same app has come up again and you could add it again to get the app of the day. There are other offers out there that are free and say you need to give them correct information to get the FC other then email you don't need to give them correct information. You need to give them an email address you have accuse to because sometimes you have to send in a copy of the conformation email to get the fc. What I have done is set me up what I call a junk email account, it is an email account that I use for stuff like this that way all the spam you will get form it goes to that email account and I don't have it filling up my regular email account. This account doesn't have to be the same email you use for FB.

Old Goat
Apr 03 2010, 11:57 AM
Got the third, the whole nine yards. Still haven't come up with a master plan, will grow crops in the meantime. This is great!
No problem with neighbor requirements, anyone I don't want on Facebook can be blocked. Friends that don't 'farm' isn't a problem, they can still be added as neighbors. They don't have to be active farmers. Those two steps take care of half the complaints against it.
I like working for what I have. I'd rather not have life handed to me on a silver 3rd farm.
Thanks devs! Regardless of what you do someone isn't going to like it. It doesn't mean it is all wrong.

lenbennett
Apr 03 2010, 12:20 PM
I do not want to be misunderstood here...I am not complaining at all about having to have 30 neighbours. If that is the requirement then so be it. My only complaint is that it was not clearly explained that you also have to have them AFTER your purchase the farm with FC. It was such a complete and total waste of $40 FC. I purchased the farm and then still had to go solicit neighbours to get the upgrades. Had I known that from the get-go I would have saved my FC to purchase a facility and went searching for the neighbours. I feel I just handed them my hard earned money for a mistake that they made in explaining it. HOWEVER, I do have a few emails out and I am hoping that they see there was a mistake made and reimburse me the FC and take a million coins for the cost of the farm.

Old Goat
Apr 03 2010, 12:30 PM
That's a very good point Len. You shouldn't have been allowed to spend that on a third farm without first having the neighbor requirement.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Apr 03 2010, 12:39 PM
when i read the 2 diffrent way's to buy it i right away knew if you choose the cash route then all of those would be cash unless you get 30 neighbors. it wouldnt get rid of the fact you need neighbors to buy with coins only with cash

Old Goat
Apr 03 2010, 01:00 PM
when i read the 2 diffrent way's to buy it i right away knew if you choose the cash route then all of those would be cash unless you get 30 neighbors. it wouldnt get rid of the fact you need neighbors to buy with coins only with cash
When it was first released there was no explanation, no official thread. It was just THERE.Was fine for us, we had everything we needed as it worked out but for others, not so lucky.

Gisli
Apr 03 2010, 01:02 PM
I do not want to be misunderstood here...I am not complaining at all about having to have 30 neighbours. If that is the requirement then so be it. My only complaint is that it was not clearly explained that you also have to have them AFTER your purchase the farm with FC. It was such a complete and total waste of $40 FC. I purchased the farm and then still had to go solicit neighbours to get the upgrades. Had I known that from the get-go I would have saved my FC to purchase a facility and went searching for the neighbours. I feel I just handed them my hard earned money for a mistake that they made in explaining it. HOWEVER, I do have a few emails out and I am hoping that they see there was a mistake made and reimburse me the FC and take a million coins for the cost of the farm.

I agree with Len that the explanation is rather vague.

Stormy Gail
Apr 03 2010, 01:27 PM
I pop on here from time to time...

All I have seen are ppl complaining that the game wasn't like this farm game and that one...

Well now the Devs have made it challenging for you...and ya'll still complain...:(

SuzieRae
Apr 03 2010, 01:49 PM

I think they have been plenty more than fair. Be nice, talk to people, make friends, then if they seem okay ask them if they would like to be neighbors ... It isn't all that difficult, and it is actually fun.

Totally lovng this game; thanks Farmtown :)

servocrow
Apr 03 2010, 01:52 PM
I'm such a noob...I had to get some FC...

Who cares if nobody else I know wants to play....

I WANNA PLAY!!

Besides, the hubs and my sons are going to the movies, and it will be a good time for me to work on my farm.

*yeah, yeah...that's the ticket...." ;D

SuzieRae
Apr 03 2010, 01:53 PM

Just my thoughts.

I agree 100% :)

Farmtown is great at helping those who help themselves ... More people should try it :D

mjl1960
Apr 03 2010, 01:55 PM
I wish we could buy cows...it is hard to get neighbors to want to gift those...I can get all kinds of fuel, but would like to have more cows.

servocrow
Apr 03 2010, 02:00 PM
You know there are quite a few of us who have played the game for awhile (it's been nearly a year for me) and we HAD over 30 neighbors...but lost them....for whatever reasons...

It's difficult building up relationships for a game when those friends no longer want to play, and you have to start from scratch from people you don't know in a chat room. It is easier for some people than others, just respect everyone's comfortability level.

essexboy
Apr 03 2010, 02:16 PM
Hey there,

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
To me this is very clear on informing us of the 3rd farm option and of which there is more info at the realtor office.afew of the players just need to take a step back and read/look before you go ahead with obtaining anything.thats all I have to say on this matter.lol.

mojones@talktalk.net
Apr 03 2010, 03:48 PM
Hi-- have just bought my 3rd farm but although I've unticked the "remove spaces between fields" it's not doing so. Have tried reloading the game and closing down FB but still no good. Have been plowing and having to delete the fields.
Can anyone suggest what's going wrong please???

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 03 2010, 03:50 PM
Hi-- have just bought my 3rd farm but although I've unticked the "remove spaces between fields" it's not doing so. Have tried reloading the game and closing down FB but still no good. Have been plowing and having to delete the fields.
Can anyone suggest what's going wrong please???

If you don't want spaces, Check "remove spaces". If you do want spaces, then it should be unticked.

KayGee
Apr 03 2010, 03:52 PM
To me this is very clear on informing us of the 3rd farm option and of which there is more info at the realtor office.afew of the players just need to take a step back and read/look before you go ahead with obtaining anything.thats all I have to say on this matter.lol.

Actually, the thread that the mods have directed everyone to concerning what happens AFTER you pay $40 FC for the 3rd farm is deceiving (intentionally? I don't know). NOWHERE does it state that you have to have 30 neighbors to purchase the upgrades with coins. In fact, it simply gives the coin amounts. Stands to reason, you say? Nay, I say. The mods should have been clear and the thread should have shown the chart WITH the restrictions instead of a "clear sailing" chart for those with enough neighbors to purchase with coins, and should have stated "X amount of coins and 30 neighbors or $20 FC" for each upgrade. I suspected this was the case when I couldn't get a straight answer this morning, so I waited. I was willing to spend the $40, but I can't afford the upgrades and I have a real problem with what I see as false advertising. Yes, I know they need to make some money, that's not my issue with the whole thing - I just don't think they need to trick us to get it. <stepping down from soapbox>.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 03 2010, 03:58 PM
Actually, the thread that the mods have directed everyone to concerning what happens AFTER you pay $40 FC for the 3rd farm is deceiving (intentionally? I don't know). NOWHERE does it state that you have to have 30 neighbors to purchase the upgrades with coins. In fact, it simply gives the coin amounts. Stands to reason, you say? Nay, I say. The mods should have been clear and the thread should have shown the chart WITH the restrictions instead of a "clear sailing" chart for those with enough neighbors to purchase with coins, and should have stated "X amount of coins and 30 neighbors or $20 FC" for each upgrade. I suspected this was the case when I couldn't get a straight answer this morning, so I waited. I was willing to spend the $40, but I can't afford the upgrades and I have a real problem with what I see as false advertising. Yes, I know they need to make some money, that's not my issue with the whole thing - I just don't think they need to trick us to get it. <stepping down from soapbox>.

No one is tricking anyone. It states that in order to purchase a 3rd farm, you have to have 30 neighbors. It states it when you purchase the initial farm land. That doesn't mean that only the 12x12 is the only part that requires neighbors, it means that the whole thing in general requires 30 neighbors.

diannene
Apr 03 2010, 04:04 PM
Thank you for the 3rd farm. I had to start adding neighbors that I didn't know in the real world back when you first added the option to hire to plow. You needed 10 neighbors, I had several FB friends but a lot were not interested in Farm Town and most of my friends at my age don't do Face Book anyway. I have around 50 neighbors now. I have neighbors from all over the USA and the world. I have made some very good friends. There are were a couple of people I ended up taking off my FB freinds list. One drove me nuts always wanting my crops and another profile picture looked like porn. But it was easy enough to take them off and have nothing to do with after that. I really enjoy how happy it makes someone when I offer to be their neighbor.

diannene
Apr 03 2010, 04:24 PM
Thank you so much for the posting about how to set the privacy settings!! I love adding neighbors but now I am more comfortable about them not being about to see my profile. Not that it was ever a problem. But now I know it won't be.

Old Goat
Apr 03 2010, 04:27 PM

The third farm was available BEFORE the announcement was made.

KayGee
Apr 03 2010, 04:57 PM
No one is tricking anyone. It states that in order to purchase a 3rd farm, you have to have 30 neighbors. It states it when you purchase the initial farm land. That doesn't mean that only the 12x12 is the only part that requires neighbors, it means that the whole thing in general requires 30 neighbors.

My issue is that the wording is VERY unclear. What the posts say is that the 12X12 requires the neighbors, and I don't care WHAT you say, it does NOT state that the upgrades do, too. That's a FACT. I always go by the rule of Caveat Emptor, so I bided my time, but I feel badly for the others who didn't. <wave of hand> Done.

Susan Carey
Apr 03 2010, 05:08 PM
I can't find the proper place to post so I am going ahead and doing it here. I can't assist neighbors in their facilities. I click their link to help, go to the facility but there is no work button...what is the problem? any ideas?

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 03 2010, 05:10 PM
I can't find the proper place to post so I am going ahead and doing it here. I can't assist neighbors in their facilities. I click their link to help, go to the facility but there is no work button...what is the problem? any ideas?

After clicking their link, you'll arrive at their farm and a pop up should appear about helping them produce faster. I also believe you can click on the building too and help that way, unless all the products have been produced already.

essexboy
Apr 03 2010, 05:14 PM
The third farm was available BEFORE the announcement was made.

I know....I brought the 3rd farm before the upgrade was mention in the news and announcement thread,but for some reason I new the score from what little information they had in the realtor office.

sail1993
Apr 03 2010, 05:35 PM
This is wonderful. I immediately bought farm three. I can move my facilities to the new farm, but guess what? I can't nove the darn animals. That stinks. We should be able to put the animals in storage so we can move them between farms.

Old Goat
Apr 03 2010, 06:04 PM
I know....I brought the 3rd farm before the upgrade was mention in the news and announcement thread,but for some reason I new the score from what little information they had in the realtor office.

I just went in, crossed my fingers and started buying LOL

thominet
Apr 03 2010, 06:58 PM
Getting 30 neighbors is crazy !!

SunnyD
Apr 03 2010, 08:07 PM
I have a idea that a few people that came here and gripe and complain are actually fans of another FB game..... and well they just like to stir things up..... you know what I mean....Not accusing...... not a bit.... just a my own random thoughts........

shirl the pearl
Apr 03 2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks very much for the 3rd farm I am really enjoying this
Well done

piccpete
Apr 03 2010, 09:07 PM
- I just don't think they need to trick us to get it. <stepping down from soapbox>.

oh, stop griping, this is a GAME, it is a WONDERFUL game, the Devs are doing great, the mods are ever so patient with us, there are new and wonderful things that keep happening, THIS IS A GAME! It is Beta, every time they add something they cannot get it perfect. Nobody is "tricking" anyone. The devs are doing their best to give us what we ask for and more and more, and faster, they arent perfect, but guess what - in MY mind, they ARE PERFECT, AND SO ARE THE MODS!
hooray for FT, glitches and all!
;)

countrygirl31995
Apr 03 2010, 09:20 PM
I have been anxiously waiting for a third farm, really working to build up coins to make the purchase and upgrades. I am so disappointed that I can't because i don't have enough neighbors. It just doesn't seem right and I am Soooo Very Sad!!!

Old Goat
Apr 03 2010, 09:32 PM
Okay. So. We can't move animals from farm to farm.
Animals received as gifts can go wherever, from the gift box.
Egg and dairy barn facilities have to be on the same farm as animals.
I have those on 1.
If I place newly acquired animals on 3 and buy a dairy barn and chicken coop for 3, will everything work?

karenjoy64
Apr 03 2010, 09:43 PM

Amen!! who wants to add strangers to your facebook friends? don't really want them accessing all my info, wall, contacts, etc etc! why can't we have 30 buddies or even 50 buddies be the requirement?!

kimmygee12
Apr 03 2010, 09:45 PM
I need more neighbors so I can buy another farm. The rest of my friends are not FT'ers. Anyone else need more? Friend me then we can be neighbors.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Kimmygee?ref=profile

kimmygee12
Apr 03 2010, 09:48 PM
Amen!! who wants to add strangers to your facebook friends? don't really want them accessing all my info, wall, contacts, etc etc! why can't we have 30 buddies or even 50 buddies be the requirement?!

you can set em' up as a group then limit their access to your info. Just a thought....

KayGee
Apr 03 2010, 10:00 PM
I have a idea that a few people that came here and gripe and complain are actually fans of another FB game..... and well they just like to stir things up..... you know what I mean....Not accusing...... not a bit.... just a my own random thoughts........

I guess I am one of the complainers, but actually, FarmTown is the ONLY game in town for me in this genre. It's far and away the best - I peeked in on the other one when I was choosing a game, and I couldn't believe how vastly superior FarmTown is. I also did check out Country Life (gotta love those pollinating bees), and I am tickled that FT has chosen to give us facilities to play with AND the best of everything else. I have no complaints about the game itself. I don't even have a complaint about occasionally having to purchase something. I've done it more than once. What I have a problem with is the severity of the restriction (30 is a LOT of neighbors) and the vagueness that resulted from faulty wording concerning the upgrades. That's it. I agree that the developers do a superb job (I CERTAINLY couldn't do it)....it's the administration of it that is a little wonky. You'll notice that one thing I did not say is that I was leaving FarmTown...can't :).

damichcoop
Apr 03 2010, 10:07 PM
I pop on here from time to time...

All I have seen are ppl complaining that the game wasn't like this farm game and that one...

Well now the Devs have made it challenging for you...and ya'll still complain...:(

I totally agree Stormy. Some people are never happy, no matter what it is. They would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

karenjoy64
Apr 03 2010, 10:29 PM
I have been anxiously waiting for level three, really working to build up coins to make the purchase and upgrades. I am so disappointed that I can't because i don't have enough neighbors. It just doesn't seem right and I am Soooo Very Sad!!!

too bad we can't buy farm cash for coins! even if it would cost us 10,000,000 coins to get the new farm! :)

fireman5214
Apr 03 2010, 10:33 PM
yeah i have 20 neighbors.... im on myspace, it wont let u add more then 20 neighbors on myspace... am i screwed out of the 3rd farm now? i NEED that for the commercial development on my rural farm... it does NOT look right.. get rid of the 30 neighbro rule, thats a bunch of u know....:mad:

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 03 2010, 10:36 PM
yeah i have 20 neighbors.... im on myspace, it wont let u add more then 20 neighbors on myspace... am i screwed out of the 3rd farm now? i NEED that for the commercial development on my rural farm... it does NOT look right.. get rid of the 30 neighbro rule, thats a bunch of u know....:mad:

No, for Myspace users, they only need 15 neighbors to buy the third land.

Markey Mark
Apr 03 2010, 11:46 PM
Thank you for the 3rd farm. I had to start adding neighbors that I didn't know in the real world back when you first added the option to hire to plow. You needed 10 neighbors, I had several FB friends but a lot were not interested in Farm Town and most of my friends at my age don't do Face Book anyway. I have around 50 neighbors now. I have neighbors from all over the USA and the world. I have made some very good friends. There are were a couple of people I ended up taking off my FB freinds list. One drove me nuts always wanting my crops and another profile picture looked like porn. But it was easy enough to take them off and have nothing to do with after that. I really enjoy how happy it makes someone when I offer to be their neighbor.

I agree - I don't really have anything on my FB page that I'm all that worried about anyone seeing however I've had to delete some farmtown friends because of some of the stuff that gets posted. It's just as easy to delete someone as it is to add them.

Markey Mark
Apr 03 2010, 11:49 PM

Unfortunately, they have to "invite" you to work at their facilities. Once you see the invite on your facebook page (not on farmtown), then you click on it and it will take you to their farm.

shirl the pearl
Apr 04 2010, 12:16 AM
Will there be any more levels after 80

waldhexe
Apr 04 2010, 12:33 AM
Hello Raul

the 3rd farm is great. Tank you very much.

ngaitama
Apr 04 2010, 12:58 AM
I have 180 neighbors level 70 and still cant buy 3rd farm. Even though I have all theses neigbors only 16 are showing on my list at the bottom. Please help:confused:

lulu836
Apr 04 2010, 03:01 AM

I'm definitely not trying to stir the pot. 30 neighbors is an almost impossible task for me. I have had 3 neighbors quit playing FT in recent days. I can do without the jioce bar and the chocolate stuff but a 3rd farm is my dream. I'm @ 80 so I'm not going to level up any time soon. Since I'm a retiree I can't waste real money to buy FC. I tried the app of the day once and got a virus and I have read the article about acquiring neighbors and then shutting them out of my FB information.

angelsmiles689
Apr 04 2010, 07:42 AM
I am tired of filling out the offers to only have 99% of them claim you didnt do what yo are supposed to do. wont do any more its a waste of time

krbrown2000
Apr 04 2010, 08:01 AM
Do you run anti-spyware software? That removes all that stuff. I've just started installing those apps of the day. I install, claim my cash, then immediately uninstall. Webroot antivirus with anti-spyware takes care of the rest.

You do realize don't you that those apps all install extra dlls and tracking cookies. If I have a clean system (which I do) why would I install an app that could possibly contain a virus and/or install hidden tracking cookies?

THGina
Apr 04 2010, 08:11 AM
This was a waste. All of this time I was waiting for new farms and now when we finally get it, its based on neighbors. Forget the fact that Ive been playing forever, its the neighbors that determine in the end. They might as well have done no upgrades. Its useless.

bob07
Apr 04 2010, 09:21 AM
Your attempt to add people to Facebook might have had an unintended consequence. Twice now I have found neighbors on the system and connected with them only to have them drop me as a neighbor once they have already reached 30 neighbors and purchased thier 3rd farm. They get their benefit of 30 neighbors and all it was for me was a waste of time. Trying to expand use through an arbitrary limits will always force people to game the system and frustrate the honest player. Thanks for the effort but I will pass on getting to 30 neighbors, too much hassle.

Tractor-Cat
Apr 04 2010, 09:28 AM
For all the people that don't want to share stuff with strangers this is how you can block them from seeing everything on your FB account except your name.

Except that - and I suspect other people feel the same way - regardless of privacy settings, etc., I simply do not add people to my Facebook that I do not know in person, period. And that's a rule I'm not going to break, "even" for Farm Town.

Similarly, I have plenty of friends on Facebook, and only a few who are on Farm Town, but I am not going to badger the ones that aren't to start playing the game, just so I can up my neighbour count. Call be cynical, but putting such a large neighbour requirement on this seem a calculated move by the developers to "force" us to get get more players for them!

Using Farm Dollars isn't an option for me, as I'm already on Level 80, and I'm not going to mess around with the "application of the day" for similar reasons for not adding "strangers" to my Facebook. I'm not adverse to using real money to purchase some Farm Dollars, but again it just looks like a cynical attempt to on the part of the developers that this is the only other way to purchase a third farm.

JBarton
Apr 04 2010, 10:30 AM
With the last two increases in levels I have been shoved to the highest level each time. I have no way to increase my farm money unless I purchase some and I won't do that. Now in order to buy a third farm you have to use the farm money. What a rip off for those of us who are at the top level.

SunnyD
Apr 04 2010, 10:49 AM
You know there are quite a few of us who have played the game for awhile (it's been nearly a year for me) and we HAD over 30 neighbors...but lost them....for whatever reasons...

It's difficult building up relationships for a game when those friends no longer want to play, and you have to start from scratch from people you don't know in a chat room. It is easier for some people than others, just respect everyone's comfortability level.

You already have some great neighbors I am sure.... why not ask the ones you do have to recommend you to some of their trusted neighbors....My neighbors meet each other on my farm and will chat and get to know each other and they have become friends and neighbors that way.......

essexboy
Apr 04 2010, 10:57 AM
Your attempt to add people to Facebook might have had an unintended consequence. Twice now I have found neighbors on the system and connected with them only to have them drop me as a neighbor once they have already reached 30 neighbors and purchased thier 3rd farm. They get their benefit of 30 neighbors and all it was for me was a waste of time. Trying to expand use through an arbitrary limits will always force people to game the system and frustrate the honest player. Thanks for the effort but I will pass on getting to 30 neighbors, too much hassle.

maybe the devs should have a locking system in place on the 3rd farm.once a player droped below the 30 neighbours mark your 3rd farm will be locked untill you add more neighbours again.

pop up messge system

you need to have a minimum amount of 30 neighbours to excess your 3rd farm and keep it.

SunnyD
Apr 04 2010, 10:58 AM
This is wonderful. I immediately bought farm three. I can move my facilities to the new farm, but guess what? I can't nove the darn animals. That stinks. We should be able to put the animals in storage so we can move them between farms.

The animals are available as a free gift from your neighbors..... take the gift to the 3rd farm and add them there....if you have one animal in your gift box you can click to request "MORE" it will go on your FB profile page and your neighbors also.... then they can send you some..

Suz60930
Apr 04 2010, 12:05 PM
I don't want any new "facilities". Not all of us have modern farms, you know. What I would really like, is at least the right hair color and style for my avatar. That's all I ask....blond, curly hair. It's starting to feel a little Farmville-ish around here.....

SunnyD
Apr 04 2010, 12:16 PM
don't your overalls give you wedgies??

lulu836
Apr 04 2010, 12:17 PM
MySpace requires only 15 neighbors for a 3rd farm??? That's very interesting considering that they can only have 20 "close personal" friends in total to have them as neighbors.

Let me say that again. According to an earlier post in this thread MySpace FT players are only required to have 15 neighbors to buy a 3rd farm.

Message number 113. Check it out.

tex46bec
Apr 04 2010, 12:30 PM
This is my 2nd time to come here as nothing was done the first time. Every time I try to send gifts to "my friends" it says I HAVE NO FRIENDS? I did not play for about 1 week and I had a lot of friends then? What happened to them? It is not fair for people to send me gifts when I can not return the favor as I can not remember everyone. Please help.

loveko2
Apr 04 2010, 12:48 PM
Hey there,

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
i just got my 3rd farm & i want to transfer my animals from #1 to #3 but there is no option when u click the animals to move them to storage?

fireman5214
Apr 04 2010, 12:57 PM
No, for Myspace users, they only need 15 neighbors to buy the third land.

ok so then thats the best news for us myspace users, you need to add that to the FIRST post of requirements,

Facebook 30 neighbors

Myspace 15 neghbors

:rolleyes:

jeanieNGMsfarm
Apr 04 2010, 01:14 PM
i just got my 3rd farm & i want to transfer my animals from #1 to #3 but there is no option when u click the animals to move them to storage?

animals cannot be moved from farm to farm

Farmer Sam UK
Apr 04 2010, 01:17 PM
thanks so much this saves me having 2 or 3 accounts lol
id love to see some new fences and paths though :) maybe more levels
farm town rockS

marty boo
Apr 04 2010, 01:34 PM
I've been playing this game for over a year now, and love it, spend way to much time here. But at this point a level 80 with 2 farms that are totally full, and a storage unit totally full. Really had looked forward to farm 3, but 30 neighbors, come on, I have 19 right now, and none of them are playing anymore, gone on to Farmville, or Cafe world, or what ever.

Can't afford to buy dollars, and wouldn't do me any good anyway, since after you buy your farm, still have to have 30 neighbors to enlarge. Don't want to add strangers to my facebook page, I don't have anything to hide, but maybe my family and friends don't want people checking out their accounts.

If you had asked for 20 neighbors, could have understood it, (thats the requirement for that last trophy), and would have begged for 1 more. (infact I did beg for neighbors, and got no answers).

I'm disappointed, love everything you've done so far, the new things to buy, the facilities, the ability to harvest animals, make stuff. Unfortunately, this brings me to the point, I don't want to change my farms, love them the way they are, can't add much more to them, just harvest, plow, make pizzas, pies, and whatever.

I would think after reading alot of posts in the past couple of months, you saw that people were saying losing neighbors every day, you'd realize we don't have the ability to get people to play.

I've enjoyed every minute playing this game, My kids say I'm a fanatic, had to level up and beat them, which I did, but at this point. I'll keep playing, and helping other farmer level up, but without new levels, and new land, I'm at a stand still.

JAS0643
Apr 04 2010, 01:57 PM
Except that - and I suspect other people feel the same way - regardless of privacy settings, etc., I simply do not add people to my Facebook that I do not know in person, period. And that's a rule I'm not going to break, "even" for Farm Town.

Similarly, I have plenty of friends on Facebook, and only a few who are on Farm Town, but I am not going to badger the ones that aren't to start playing the game, just so I can up my neighbour count. Call be cynical, but putting such a large neighbour requirement on this seem a calculated move by the developers to "force" us to get get more players for them!

Using Farm Dollars isn't an option for me, as I'm already on Level 80, and I'm not going to mess around with the "application of the day" for similar reasons for not adding "strangers" to my Facebook. I'm not adverse to using real money to purchase some Farm Dollars, but again it just looks like a cynical attempt to on the part of the developers that this is the only other way to purchase a third farm.

I understand that and it is your choice, but my post on the subject was to let people that maybe didn't know they could hide everything but their name from FB friends that they could and how they could do it. Now as for not asking your friends to play the game that is your choice but they don't have to play the game just add the game then accept your neighbor request I have done this for a lot of my friends. Really all you need to do is send them a neighbor request and when they accept the request it will ask them to add the app and it will add them as your neighbor at the same time. There is no harm in asking one time for a friend to click the mouse a few times to help you out.

maybe the devs should have a locking system in place on the 3rd farm.once a player droped below the 30 neighbours mark your 3rd farm will be locked untill you add more neighbours again.

pop up messge system

you need to have a minimum amount of 30 neighbours to excess your 3rd farm and keep it.

I do not want to be on the forum if that happened you think people are mad now let the developers do that it will be hell around here.

I don't see anything wrong with people adding others as neighbors long enough to get to 30 and get farm 3 then removing them, as long as they are upfront about what they are doing. That way people that are looking for permanent neighbors know that person will not be one.

loveko2
Apr 04 2010, 02:12 PM
i see, okay no problem, thanks a lot. happy easter.

merianb
Apr 04 2010, 02:25 PM
Hey there,

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
Can someone point out where I can find the levels required for each upgrade for the new farm? I have the first two and when I go to the real estate office it does not show what level I need to be to buy the next upgrade.
Thanks so much for all the new stuff. Being that I already had more than 30 neighbors ( how else can I keep up with all the fuel I need!) I have no issues with that requirement. One of the reasons I like this game so much is because of the interaction with new friends.

SunnyD
Apr 04 2010, 02:28 PM
What we have to remember about the neighbor requirements is that this is a Face book application game.... Facebook ......And you need to be a active member in facebook to use this....so they require us to be a little more active with more Facebook friends... then we make them our neighbors in this or any application......We don't know if Facebook themselves told the Devs of Farmtown hey your people need to be this active and have this many freinds to keep using our site........Give the Dev's a break... we don't know all the ins and outs of what Facebook requires of them........

loveko2
Apr 04 2010, 02:30 PM
:confused:i don't understand, some said yes you can move animals from one farm to another & some said NO, what's the right answer? :eek:as i was going through the thread this was i found out that some said yes you can & no you cannot move the animals to another farm? wherever you put them when it was given to you then it stays there? am i right? HELP!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 04 2010, 02:35 PM
MySpace requires only 15 neighbors for a 3rd farm??? That's very interesting considering that they can only have 20 "close personal" friends in total to have them as neighbors.

Let me say that again. According to an earlier post in this thread MySpace FT players are only required to have 15 neighbors to buy a 3rd farm.

Message number 113. Check it out.
Yes and it's not the users's fault that Myspace set the limit at 20 compared to Facebook's 80.

:confused:i don't understand, some said yes you can move animals from one farm to another & some said NO, what's the right answer? :eek:as i was going through the thread this was i found out that some said yes you can & no you cannot move the animals to another farm? wherever you put them when it was given to you then it stays there? am i right? HELP!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

You cannot transfer animals to another farm. You can only get animals unless you buy them or open them up as gifts on that farm from friends.

JAS0643
Apr 04 2010, 02:47 PM
Can someone point out where I can find the levels required for each upgrade for the new farm? I have the first two and when I go to the real estate office it does not show what level I need to be to buy the next upgrade.
Thanks so much for all the new stuff. Being that I already had more than 30 neighbors ( how else can I keep up with all the fuel I need!) I have no issues with that requirement. One of the reasons I like this game so much is because of the interaction with new friends.

There are no level requirements for farm 3 the only requirements is you have to have 30 neighbors and have bought 12x12 farm 2. I have a friend that is level 55 that has a 18x18 farm 2 but a 24x24 farm 3 without spending farm cash on farm 3.

merianb
Apr 04 2010, 03:06 PM
There are no level requirements for farm 3 the only requirements is you have to have 30 neighbors and have bought 12x12 farm 2. I have a friend that is level 55 that has a 18x18 farm 2 but a 24x24 farm 3 without spending farm cash on farm 3.

I already have the third farm and I upgraded twice. I did not realize until I just went to the real estate office that we did not have to wait to upgrade each level. Previously, you had to level up to buy each upgrade. I could not find that written anywhere. It might be worth posting that somewhere to avoid confusion.

Tractor-Cat
Apr 04 2010, 03:30 PM
Now as for not asking your friends to play the game that is your choice but they don't have to play the game just add the game then accept your neighbor request I have done this for a lot of my friends. Really all you need to do is send them a neighbor request and when they accept the request it will ask them to add the app and it will add them as your neighbor at the same time. There is no harm in asking one time for a friend to click the mouse a few times to help you out.

OK, let me rephrase that for clarification: "I am not going to badger my friends on Facebook that aren't on Farm Town to even add it, never mind actually play it." I know that a lot of people seem to treat the concept of a "friend" on Facebook quite loosely and frivolously, but I'm not one of them.

Duck Duck Goose
Apr 04 2010, 03:40 PM
Ok so why did I have to read over 10 pages of the same complaints before I found a mods post saying only 15 neighbors were required for MS players?
Shouldn't the original post have included that? How about editing it?

WOW for once, us myspace players weren't treated like unwanted stepchildren and the FB users got the shaft!

You should be glad that everything you have actually is fully functional.
MS has NO "produce faster" option, and we cannot request the easter gifts or any other gifts.
Since the first facility update that wasnt debugged they have added like 3 more updates without fixing the first one.

Hey, How about taking it one update at a time, and dont issue more of them untill the first one works 100% for ALL users on both FB and MS?

How about expanding the game server so we can actually work for someone without getting booted with a connection timeout, or having ppl gripe at us because it takes 10 years before our harvest coins catch up? They make us feel like we're slow or something.
We can all click 10 times faster than the server can keep up with........
What good's all the updates when the server needs expanded?
Any more I dread even going to the market for work, knowing I'll get booted b4 i finish.
This is certainly going to happen if you get hired by one of those people who insist on hiring 3 or 4 people to work on the same farm! It strains the server too much, and I wont even work for those who do that.
I simply say " It looks like you have more than enough help already, but ty anyhow for the offer", and then I leave. (yes even if they have pineapples)
The server cant handle that much strain on the same farm. (It's annoying anyhow, because none of those workers are making much money either. 4 ppl make 50 bucks?- Thanks but No thanks)

The game's server is the foundation of the entire game so why build your castle on sand?

Don't get me wrong, I love the updates and I know the bugs will get addressed but when? how long?
Fix first things first before issuing 3 more updates..........

don't your overalls give you wedgies??

No, but all the females have holes in thier butts that shows thier pink undies
hahahahahaha

PennyLewis
Apr 04 2010, 04:34 PM
Has anyone noticed that the people who whine the most seem to have the fewest neighbors? I think there might be a connection. I for one, would like to thank the developers. Whenever you come up with something new, I look to see if it includes a challenge on my part. If it does, I work for it. Thanks again.

bettyloder
Apr 04 2010, 05:16 PM
whats up with producing items in the facilities and not getting paid what it says.... its says 2900 for a mushroom pizza i got 290, my flour was worth more than that, this is bull. i looked at all my items items and i'm not getting paid what i am suppose to be

sally south
Apr 04 2010, 05:23 PM
Guess I'm out of luck for a 3rd farm and it just isn't fair! I will never have 30 neighbors and I refuse to spend actual $$ for it. Why can't it be like farm #2 and spend our FV funds? Isn't that why we plant/harvest to purchase new crops, buildings, more land? I spent $3M for#2 and would gladly spend that again...

Mr. H
Apr 04 2010, 05:28 PM
whats up with producing items in the facilities and not getting paid what it says.... its says 2900 for a mushroom pizza i got 290, my flour was worth more than that, this is bull. i looked at all my items items and i'm not getting paid what i am suppose to be

What you see at facility is the price for batches. What you see in storage is the price in units.

One batch of pizzas is 10 units. You are getting the right price and it's very profitable.

*Farmer Brad*
Apr 04 2010, 06:10 PM
Okay, I am wondering: if you get 30 neighbors and then delete them, do you still keep your 3rd farm? Or no?

earlgray
Apr 04 2010, 06:14 PM
Hey there,

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

I check for the "application of the day" almost every day, but recently have seen it once or twice a week at the most.

Stormy Gail
Apr 04 2010, 07:01 PM
Okay, I am wondering: if you get 30 neighbors and then delete them, do you still keep your 3rd farm? Or no?

I would think not..since you've paid for the 3rd farm with Farmcash or Farmcoins...

Unlike hiring to plow where you can be penalized for dropping below the set number

DaveT
Apr 04 2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the third farm finally!!!!!!!!!! :D

Can we have a wayto get more fuel now?? :D

earlgray
Apr 04 2010, 07:42 PM

Given that you've paid a million coins, I would certainly hope that they wouldn't take it away if you drop below 30 neighbors after buying it. But I think this is a good question, and one that the devs or moderators should address so that there is no uncertainty (or nasty surprises) on our part.

DaveT
Apr 04 2010, 07:53 PM

Yes you can. I added a ton of strangers/friends last night. Today I deleted them and still have farm #3.

Mr. H
Apr 04 2010, 08:18 PM
Yes you can. I added a ton of strangers/friends last night. Today I deleted them and still have farm #3.

You were just screaming for more fuel and you delete all your new neighbors??????

DaveT
Apr 04 2010, 08:23 PM
Yeah that was an "oops".

alisha1278
Apr 04 2010, 08:35 PM
i dont have 30 neighbours and i got the 3rd farm the biggest one you can get .

JAS0643
Apr 04 2010, 09:04 PM
i dont have 30 neighbours and i got the 3rd farm the biggest one you can get .

Are you on myspace? If so Myspace players only need 15 neighbors since they can only have 20 neighbors max.

fragmentx
Apr 04 2010, 11:01 PM

me too. i hate this. What if you're a loner who plays just for the fun of it? =\

New to This
Apr 05 2010, 12:10 AM
I agree with everyone who has heaped deserved praise upon all those who:
keep FT fun, interesting, and exciting;
and to those who help the rest of us with our problems.
I also agree with all who find meeting people around the world one of the -- if not THE -- best thing about FT.
I received a wonderful Christmas present in the form of a phone call from a FT neighbor. Incredible!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!! to:
Raul and all the developers
the moderators, and
helpers

katiecakes
Apr 05 2010, 12:19 AM
Whelp... I guess this is going to involve making fake emails and fake facebooks so I can have enough neighbors to get the 3rd farm. I wish I had 40 levels to go so I could get farm cash that way but alas, I'm already 67.

Robinski
Apr 05 2010, 01:01 AM
you can set em' up as a group then limit their access to your info. Just a thought....

But then they also have access to your friends' information. It's not right to do that to your friends.

JAS0643
Apr 05 2010, 01:17 AM
But then they also have access to your friends' information. It's not right to do that to your friends.

The only thing they can accuse about your friends is what your friends let friends of friends see. If they have all their information set to only friends, only friends except these people, or no one, then your friends can only see what they let the public on FB see.

toonsarah
Apr 05 2010, 03:20 AM
I've searched this thread and can't see that this question has been asked before or answered, but if it has I apologise. I have bowed to the inevitable and started to add "strangers" as friends to get to the 30 neighbour mark, and I have to say that those who mention making real friends that way may have a point. And of course, yes, you can control what they access about you :-)

BUT what I want to know is this - we have all had neighbours who drop FT from time to time, so our number can go down. If we drop below 30 AFTER we have purchased the third farm, will it disappear? After all, when my neighbour number dropped from 11 to 10 recently I lost the ability to hire ploughers, so could the same (but much worse!) happen to my 3rd farm when I get it, along with everything I put there?!! And if so, would it reappear intact once I went back up to 30 neighbours or would I have to start again???? Please reassure me before I start on this new venture!!

JavaJane
Apr 05 2010, 04:59 AM

Totally agree. :(
Also should have the option to buy new facilities (like the juicer) with coins not FTcash, as being level 80, you don't get anything, and I don't want to install apps after apps after apps.

However, I plod along with two farms (one does nothing and is just pretty, the 2nd gets me coins, just for fun. (well, to pass the time lol)

tikas3
Apr 05 2010, 06:31 AM
No Offense to anyone, but I think if they made the option to pay coins for that juicer after people like me paid for it with farm cash there would be a lot of ****** off people. That would be unfair to those that did pay farm cash for it to start with.

I agree about moving the animals from farm to farm although I doubt now I would do that,, LOL considering I have like over a 100 cows and hens now finally.
Still though I would like to see where we can harvest the hens more often to get the eggs. still with 100 hens, that means only 50 cakes can be made. Or at least allow us to buy items with coins, instead of getting them gifted, like the cows, hens, cherry trees.

SunnyD
Apr 05 2010, 06:35 AM
Whelp... I guess this is going to involve making fake emails and fake facebooks so I can have enough neighbors to get the 3rd farm. I wish I had 40 levels to go so I could get farm cash that way but alas, I'm already 67.

My Sis tested this......setting up a separate list in FB for adding friends that you want to be your neighbor in FT and it is true they can't see anything you don't allow them to..... the only thing you would want them to see is your Farm Town announcements........ it works .......... so try it out with someone you trust first as we did....... then you can add people to that list........Besides you know when we got the 2nd farm everyone complained then too...... costs too much.... why is it level restricted blah blah.....We don't know if this neighbor requirement is something that Facebook has made the FT dev's and owners do..... so ummmm we all should find out where to place blame before we complain......

Barmer Fob
Apr 05 2010, 07:02 AM
I do not like the idea that we have spent many long hours working our farms to get to the levels we have (i.e. 70 + - Hard work ….) and nagging our friend to get enough neighbours to be able to hire plowers etc those of us at these levels have exhausted every legitimate friend that we can muster. Now we have to add random people and let them into our lives to be able to get a third farm.. Why we paid for both the first and the second farms with coins and by the XP we had achieved. why can we not be on a high level of XP points and pay for this farm. Those of us that have reached level 70 and above expect to be able to achieve the 3rd farm in the same way over playing the game for a substantial time many of us up to a year. Earning your stripes in this game with out paying for it by real dollars deserve reward ...otherwise it is not a game.

PS I have had a 15 year old girl ask me to be a neighbour because she could not develop in the game with out having more neighbours. Is this safe for young people to be asking random people and in doing so having to give out personal contact details leaving them open to possible hacking or manipulation ?

STROOPEWAFFELS
Apr 05 2010, 07:11 AM
Ok I am trying to add more people to my neighbor list,, but is there a specific number that is a "cut off" number like am I only allowed to have 30 neighbors ??? or can I have 50 neighbors if I want ???? I think most of us would like to know, if this has been answered before I am sorry :-)

essexboy
Apr 05 2010, 08:30 AM
I understand that and it is your choice, but my post on the subject was to let people that maybe didn't know they could hide everything but their name from FB friends that they could and how they could do it. Now as for not asking your friends to play the game that is your choice but they don't have to play the game just add the game then accept your neighbor request I have done this for a lot of my friends. Really all you need to do is send them a neighbor request and when they accept the request it will ask them to add the app and it will add them as your neighbor at the same time. There is no harm in asking one time for a friend to click the mouse a few times to help you out.

I do not want to be on the forum if that happened you think people are mad now let the developers do that it will be hell around here.

I don't see anything wrong with people adding others as neighbors long enough to get to 30 and get farm 3 then removing them, as long as they are upfront about what they are doing. That way people that are looking for permanent neighbors know that person will not be one.

yeah but jas...codebell do that system with the plow and sell option.im sure it may come into play one day.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Apr 05 2010, 08:45 AM
I agree you have a reason to be paranoid the way things are today.I will not add just anybody for anything.Also if people think that you can just delete "the app of the day" you are mistaken. they leave trackers,viruses that slow your comp, change apps,registry and mess things up. They take hours of searching thru your comp to delete,some even remove your restore points. so you might want to think twice before you click on that GARBAGE for some farm cash to buy that 3rd farm ,it could also lead to a new hard drive.

the app of the day is a facebook application and allowing it should not put anything on your computer since its no a download, its just like when you added farmtown...

SunnyD
Apr 05 2010, 09:50 AM
I do not like the idea that we have spent many long hours working our farms to get to the levels we have (i.e. 70 + - Hard work ….) and nagging our friend to get enough neighbours to be able to hire plowers etc those of us at these levels have exhausted every legitimate friend that we can muster. Now we have to add random people and let them into our lives to be able to get a third farm.. Why we paid for both the first and the second farms with coins and by the XP we had achieved. why can we not be on a high level of XP points and pay for this farm. Those of us that have reached level 70 and above expect to be able to achieve the 3rd farm in the same way over playing the game for a substantial time many of us up to a year. Earning your stripes in this game with out paying for it by real dollars deserve reward ...otherwise it is not a game.

PS I have had a 15 year old girl ask me to be a neighbour because she could not develop in the game with out having more neighbours. Is this safe for young people to be asking random people and in doing so having to give out personal contact details leaving them open to possible hacking or manipulation ?

No it's not........ Her parents should have her in view of them when she is on the internet so they can at any moment see what is on that screen... I allow my BF's son to play on my farm but only in offline mode....Of course he is only 10 years old too. and I am right there to check....but the kid is a Shop-A-Holic with my coins....... thank goodness he hasn't figured out farm cash yet LOL

SunnyD
Apr 05 2010, 09:56 AM
The apps we are talking about are only postings for games on Face book not one's that you download to your pc........ I never go beyond the allow point and i do have fantastic firewall...... if one of those apps attempt to download to my pc my firewall would warn me....i don't even start the game , just click allow and go back the game and get my coveted FC.......

KathyK
Apr 05 2010, 12:26 PM
I agree with most people here that the 3rd farm should not be based on the number of neighbors you have. Why don't you base it on levels like the other farms? I have been dying to get a 3rd farm - now it is out of reach. With all of the security issues surrounding FB and other internet sites, there is no way I am taking on a bunch of strangers as neighbors. I hope you will rethink this.

lulu836
Apr 05 2010, 01:00 PM
beg to differ about the app of the day. Residing right now on my hard-drive is an app of the day downloaded executable. I have not yet deleted it just out of pure laziness but soon will. So there goes that theory.They say if you don't use it you will not get your FC. So I ask myself how would they know if I had it installed or not. The obvious answer is it installs a tracking cookie and and dll. Which was my point over two weeks ago and nobody believed it. How about now guys........believe it yet?

Palantir
Apr 05 2010, 01:11 PM
beg to differ about the app of the day. Residing right now on my hard-drive is an app of the day downloaded executable. I have not yet deleted it just out of pure laziness but soon will. So there goes that theory.They say if you don't use it you will not get your FC. So I ask myself how would they know if I had it installed or not. The obvious answer is it installs a tracking cookie and and dll. Which was my point over two weeks ago and nobody believed it. How about now guys........believe it yet?

Yup. the only way to do this safely is to have an alternate (i.e. old) computer that you never use...log in with that box, sign up for farmcash offers, get all of the spyware, spam, bloat, exe's, trojans, .dll's, keyloggers, sniffers, etc etc etc, put on that box. Then unplug it again, plug your real computer back in and go back to playing.

And let me tell you- that is a fun thing to do in order to farm, lol.

nanajoe
Apr 05 2010, 01:20 PM
Please rethink the 30 neighbor policy for the 3rd farm. My Facebook is only for friends and family. I would NEVER ask a stranger to be a friend! I am not willing to download the free farmcash apps either....nor spend real money! There has got to be a better way for those of us that love Farmtown to have a third farm. I might have to start playing solitaire!!!

krbrown2000
Apr 05 2010, 01:48 PM
I know how to set up a group, but how in the world do you change the privacy settings for that one group? I've clicked and clicked and looked and looked, but don't see how to so it. Someone help!

lulu836
Apr 05 2010, 01:56 PM
My Sis tested this......setting up a separate list in FB for adding friends that you want to be your neighbor in FT and it is true they can't see anything you don't allow them to..... the only thing you would want them to see is your Farm Town announcements........ it works .......... so try it out with someone you trust first as we did....... then you can add people to that list........Besides you know when we got the 2nd farm everyone complained then too...... costs too much.... why is it level restricted blah blah.....We don't know if this neighbor requirement is something that Facebook has made the FT dev's and owners do..... so ummmm we all should find out where to place blame before we complain......

Interesting you should mention that. When I noticed that one of the buildings in FT had been reduced from 300.000 coin to 80,000 coins I pointed it out in a post. First I was told (in a nutshell) that I had lost my mind. Then I looked @ an old data sheet I had and there it was. What had been 300,000 was now 80,000. I was roundly chastised for pointing it out and also was told that this is a Beta-stage game and as such the devs can change anything they see fit at anytime and if you are caught in the change then Oh Well your loss. Even if I had enough neighbors to be able to buy a third farm I would not choose to participate on the grounds that if I have to harass my friends who do not choose to play FT just to get them to sign up so I can gain neighbors then the devs decide maybe they don't want to require 30 neighbors maybe they want 40 or 15 then I've bugged a lot of people and all for nothing.

kimby
Apr 05 2010, 02:10 PM
Coincidental to upgrades, SOME of my new facilities are missing. Anyone else having this problem? Tried refreshing, etc, the usual fixes & nothing has worked. Some of my buildings are there, some are not. Very odd.

Banjo1
Apr 05 2010, 02:19 PM
I know it doesn't help but I'm having exactly the same problems I have lost a lot of items not just buildings tried sending an email but no answer as yet :(

JAS0643
Apr 05 2010, 02:36 PM
Totally agree. :(
Also should have the option to buy new facilities (like the juicer) with coins not FTcash, as being level 80, you don't get anything, and I don't want to install apps after apps after apps.

However, I plod along with two farms (one does nothing and is just pretty, the 2nd gets me coins, just for fun. (well, to pass the time lol)

If they have every item available for coins and cash, then why have the cash. This game is by far the least money greedy game I play, most games have all the really good stuff for cash only and some don't even give you a way to earn free cash, that includes getting $1 for every level you advance. For the most part these games are free to us but they still need to make money from the game. That money comes form adds on FB, offers that we can do both the free ones and the ones you can pay for, and from people spending real money on FC. This is just a reality of the games on FB all games have the premium items that you will have to either pay for or earn the cash another way, that is not going away, (at the risk of sounding like a witch) either put up or shut up.

Ok I am trying to add more people to my neighbor list,, but is there a specific number that is a "cut off" number like am I only allowed to have 30 neighbors ??? or can I have 50 neighbors if I want ???? I think most of us would like to know, if this has been answered before I am sorry :-)

Myspace can have 20 neighbors max, FB 80 neighbors.

There are two types of games you can add to earn farm cash, they are the app of the day and play this game for x fc. Now the app of the day doesn't download anything to your computer but the other type of game requires you to download a game to your computer, this is the one that will put spy ware on your computer that is hard to get off. You can tell the difference 2 ways if there is an app of the day it is the first thing listed always. The other way is if you click on the link is get taken to a page that doesn't say allow this app then that is not the app of the day.

JAS0643
Apr 05 2010, 02:40 PM
I know how to set up a group, but how in the world do you change the privacy settings for that one group? I've clicked and clicked and looked and looked, but don't see how to so it. Someone help!

Go to fb click on account then edit friends, once that page comes up click on friends, now at the top of that list there will be create new list button click on that and now name it anything you want. You can add friends you have now to this list or leave it empty for now to add to later. Now go to privacy settings, everything that is on that list has a drop down menu click on it and click on customize and you now have two choices they are make this visible to and hide from. In the hide from box type in the name you gave the list of friends you made, click on that name when it comes up and the people on that list will not be able to see that information about you. Once you have that done click on back to privacy and click on contact information and do the same thing with the information there. Now you don't have to hide everything from them you can hide one category but not another category just depends on how you feel about that information. Now when you add a new friend there is an option when you send a friend request or accept a friend request to add them to a list. At this time if you want they can be added to that list you made and they will see only what you let people on that list see.

lulu836
Apr 05 2010, 03:11 PM
If they have every item available for coins and cash, then why have the cash. This game is by far the least money greedy game I play, most games have all the really good stuff for cash only and some don't even give you a way to earn free cash, that includes getting $1 for every level you advance. For the most part these games are free to us but they still need to make money from the game. That money comes form adds on FB, offers that we can do both the free ones and the ones you can pay for, and from people spending real money on FC. This is just a reality of the games on FB all games have the premium items that you will have to either pay for or earn the cash another way, that is not going away, (at the risk of sounding like a witch) either put up or shut up.

Myspace can have 20 neighbors max, FB 80 neighbors.

There are two types of games you can add to earn farm cash, they are the app of the day and play this game for x fc. Now the app of the day doesn't download anything to your computer but the other type of game requires you to download a game to your computer, this is the one that will put spy ware on your computer that is hard to get off. You can tell the difference 2 ways if there is an app of the day it is the first thing listed always. The other way is if you click on the link is get taken to a page that doesn't say allow this app then that is not the app of the day.

What I mentioned in my post is or was definitely the app of the day.

Aunt Patty
Apr 05 2010, 03:37 PM
why does this have to be tied to how may neighbors you have?

sxymarea
Apr 05 2010, 03:47 PM
Need neighbors for new land.... here is my link to add me
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1439333538

amberdh
Apr 05 2010, 03:59 PM
Need neighbors for new land.... here is my link to add me
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1439333538

Hi there. Here is the neighbors thread:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25&highlight=neighbors

Rudyskid
Apr 05 2010, 04:05 PM
Love the new facilities, even if I did have to spend $9.99 to get 55 FC, enough with what I had, to buy them. Total spent so far on FC - $19.98 - not bad to play a game that is so much fun. I wasn't crazy about having to have 30 neighbors for the 3rd farm, since several of mine had quit playing and deleted the app. I mentioned it to one friend, and she offered to see if some of her friend would help me out - another person I'd hired recently asked me to be her friend/neighbor. Two FB friends accepted my neighbor request, and I still have requests out for 2 more. The good thing is that those I've added really play the game. Keep up the good work, devs!

PennyLewis
Apr 05 2010, 08:06 PM
Guess I'm out of luck for a 3rd farm and it just isn't fair! I will never have 30 neighbors and I refuse to spend actual $$ for it. Why can't it be like farm #2 and spend our FV funds? Isn't that why we plant/harvest to purchase new crops, buildings, more land? I spent $3M for#2 and would gladly spend that again...

I'm sorry. What isn't fair about it? No matter what rules the developers put with each update people get upset. Use this as a challenge and try to get more neighbors. If they charge more money for it, people complain about that. It's a game and you have to step up to the plate and meet each challenge as they arise. That is what makes it fun and "challenging."

saustin
Apr 05 2010, 09:50 PM
Really tired of everything requiring neighbors and/or farm cash that we don't earn enough of compared to how much we're playing. I also find it very irritating to play ever since you added the pizza factory, chocolate factory and 3rd farm. For the last week, I haven't been able to even complete a job without it freezing up on me and it's not just happening to me. I checked with my friends/neighbors and they too are losing jobs and it's just not fun to play when you're trying to work to level up and can't even take on jobs. Please quit making updates to the game before you've worked the kinks out. It's just getting more irritating each night when I come home to TRY to play. If you don't get this worked out soon, I'm switching to farmville or slots or anything that doesn't feel so self-defeating. Extremely frustrating and NOT getting any better. I've been trying to keep a job for a week already now!

earlgray
Apr 05 2010, 10:29 PM
I'm sorry. What isn't fair about it? No matter what rules the developers put with each update people get upset. Use this as a challenge and try to get more neighbors. If they charge more money for it, people complain about that. It's a game and you have to step up to the plate and meet each challenge as they arise. That is what makes it fun and "challenging."

While I'm not crazy about the 30 friends requirement (and who is?) and did make an earlier post lamenting it, I do have to agree with the sentiments expressed here. It's a game, and you're playing it for free (unless you *choose* to spend money to get farm cash), so you can hardly say it's not "fair."

For a long time I only had one neighbor, because none of my other real-life friends play FT. Then she quit, and I had no way to get the gift-only items. So I checked the "neighbors wanted" thread and gradually added some more neighbors. I have to say I've really enjoyed chatting with some of them, and looking at and working on their farms.

If and when I decide that I really want a third farm, I'll have to decide whether I want to recruit more neighbors, or shell out a little bit of cash. Unless you are on a very restricted budget - and I do understand that some people are - the returns on spending $9.99 for a third farm are pretty good compared to other entertainment expenditures (movies, lattes, eating out...). Heck, if you're playing this game, you're obviously paying for Internet access, and I don't think anybody gets that for less than $9.99 a month.

I recently started a farm in Farmville (mostly to see how it compared), and I can't even expand my FIRST farm there from 12x12 without either having 8 neighbors or spending $20 FC. The final expansion to 24x24 in FV requires either 30 neighbors or $60 FC. And there is no "app of the day" option for getting extra farm cash. I think we have it pretty good here on FT!

Rebelgurl
Apr 06 2010, 09:31 AM
well I guess I'm through with Farm Town , I already have several strangers that can see some of my personal stuff on FaceBook cause of FarmFown neighbors. Look!!! Farm
Town you have children playing this game , do you REALLY want them to start adding strangers to their face book home page just so they can get this 3rd farm , I am a mother and I know what kids will do to get what they want even if it involves strangers, In my opinion that's child endangerment. So I'm done !!!!

earlgray
Apr 06 2010, 10:11 AM
well I guess I'm through with Farm Town , I already have several strangers that can see some of my personal stuff on FaceBook cause of FarmFown neighbors. Look!!! Farm
Town you have children playing this game , do you REALLY want them to start adding strangers to their face book home page just so they can get this 3rd farm , I am a mother and I know what kids will do to get what they want even if it involves strangers, In my opinion that's child endangerment. So I'm done !!!!

There is nothing that *requires* anybody to add strangers as neighbors/friends in order to play FarmTown. There is much to enjoy within the game that does not require farm cash. If children really want something that does require it, they can ask an adult to purchase the farm cash with his/her credit card, and repay that adult from their allowance or money they've earned from doing jobs, just as they would do for any other online purchase they wanted to make. Or they can ask for farm cash as a present for their birthday or other occasion.

We encounter limitations all through life. Do you stop shopping at a store just because they sell something that you like that you can't afford? Rather than abandoning the game, I would suggest that parents work with their children to prioritize what they want and strategize about how they can get it.

katiecakes
Apr 06 2010, 11:38 AM
Remember there are such things as privacy options you can set for specific people on your facebook. Even if you add someone as your friend to add neighbors to farmtown, you can still prevent them from seeing information about you.

JAS0643
Apr 06 2010, 02:29 PM

If someone under 18 is on the internet then it is up to the parents of that child to monitor what they are doing and who they are friending on the internet. Having a neighbor requirement in a game is not child endangerment, if there is a predictor on FB looking for kids in his or her area they will be looking for people on FB that are fans of something in the area not looking for victims on an international game. Besides if a parent has set the privacy settings right any stranger on FB will not be able to figure out where they live.

PDXie_Farm
Apr 06 2010, 04:02 PM
Remember there are such things as privacy options you can set for specific people on your facebook. Even if you add someone as your friend to add neighbors to farmtown, you can still prevent them from seeing information about you.

Exactly. Don't people know that Facebook allows you to create 'list' for your 'friends'? You can create a list called 'Farmtown neighbor' or whatever you wanna call it, grant no rights to that group. Put all your stranger friends to that list. Those 'stranger friends' will not be able to see anything on your walls, posts, pix, nada, zip, zero.

Why are people even complaining? I don't get it.

Mr. H
Apr 06 2010, 04:32 PM

I know many don't know this or chose to ignore it, but, the minimum age to have a facebook page is 13.

karenjoy64
Apr 06 2010, 04:34 PM

that's right! i was complaining at first too, but found out i could add friends to facebook for the sole purpose of being farmtown neighbors! just put them in a special list "farmtown friends" and set up your privacy settings the way you want...you can regulate who sees what in your profile, etc etc! so glad i found that out! now i am headed for 40 farmtown neighbors! yay!

meemee1955
Apr 06 2010, 05:23 PM
how long till we can upgrade the 3rd farm?

daveb
Apr 06 2010, 05:55 PM
why did the time to harvest trees go up? Is there a good reason for this?

momallieof4
Apr 06 2010, 06:04 PM
For the past several days my dairy shed and chicken coops have shown 100% and when I click to harvest them it says there are no animals. Why is this?

Mr. H
Apr 06 2010, 06:16 PM
For the past several days my dairy shed and chicken coops have shown 100% and when I click to harvest them it says there are no animals. Why is this?

Do you have animals on the same farm as the dairy shed and chicken coop? You cows and/or goats for the dairy shed and hens and/or geese for the chicken coop.

Mr. H
Apr 06 2010, 06:17 PM
why did the time to harvest trees go up? Is there a good reason for this?

It hasn't as far as I know...at least not the ones I'm paying attention to.

RoxyRocks
Apr 06 2010, 06:27 PM
**(Edit: DTDR resolved this for me) Many thanks

I use FarmTown on Myspace.

We are required to put our FT neighbors on our top 20 friends list. That means if we have some strangers as FT neighbors then we have to knock off our friends and family who don't play the game from the top of our friends list.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. Now we have to have top 30???? **(Edit: DTDR resolved this for me)

Is that what Myspace users are required to do now in order to get the 3rd farm???

Why can't we just have our FT neighbors anywhere on our friends list like Facebook???

I enjoy Myspace because it is much more versatile and has music capabilities. We are getting short changed on FT.

Capt. Conor
Apr 06 2010, 06:37 PM
I'm using my third farm for growing SugarCane for my sugar factory, this was an awesome upgrade :)

LoreneC
Apr 06 2010, 06:37 PM

Myspace users are required to have 15 neighbors, not 30. Hope that helps your situation.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 06 2010, 06:40 PM

We are required to put our FT neighbors on our top 20 friends list. That means if we have some strangers as FT neighbors then we have to knock off our friends and family who don't play the game from the top of our friends list.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. Now we have to have top 30????

Is that what Myspace users are required to do now in order to get the 3rd farm???

Why can't we just have our FT neighbors anywhere on our friends list like Facebook???

I enjoy Myspace because it is much more versatile and has music capabilities. We are getting short changed on FT.

Hi Roxy :D
Glad to see you again. You'll be happy to know 15 neighbors are require for Myspace users, not 30 :)

RoxyRocks
Apr 06 2010, 07:04 PM
Hi DTDR :)

Thanks a million for the heads up to my post. I must have gotten confused regarding the trophies we earn (need 20 neighbors for a trophy). So glad to hear!!

Once again, you've come to the rescue!! I owe you some cookies !!
Thanks to LoreneC for the prompt reply also :-)

Many thanks to the developers for the wonderful update!!

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 06 2010, 07:07 PM
Hi DTDR :)

Thanks a million for the heads up to my post. I must have gotten confused regarding the trophies we earn (need 20 neighbors for a trophy). So glad to hear!!

Once again, you've come to the rescue!! I owe you some cookies !!

Many thanks to the developers for the wonderful update!!

I prefer chocolate chip :D Lol.

Evil Linda
Apr 06 2010, 07:35 PM
Because of the delays in upgrades most of my facebook friends have given up playing farmtown in favor of farmville, so it's next to impossible to get to 30 neighbors. To earn farm cash under the earn coins tab, almost every one of the applications or games you have to add are flagged for spyware. Either fix the game so that we can go beyond level 80 and earn farm cash as we level up or let us exchange farm coins for farm cash already, so we can buy the new features.

lenbennett
Apr 06 2010, 08:15 PM
I am posting this here as my original posts/problem was posted here. I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to the Farm Town team for resolving an issue I had with the purchase of the new farm. I was impressed that it was dealt with very promptly and very fairly .

Thank you from a once again Happy Farmer!

TraceyMush
Apr 06 2010, 08:40 PM
You already have some great neighbors I am sure.... why not ask the ones you do have to recommend you to some of their trusted neighbors....My neighbors meet each other on my farm and will chat and get to know each other and they have become friends and neighbors that way.......

This is the best idea l've seen here. Among my friends, we have often suggested friends to one another when someone new needs to get up to 10 neighbours (for the plow features). So, for those of you who are Internet 'scaredy cats' lol, this is a safe way to add people who are already known to your friends.

Rebelgurl
Apr 06 2010, 09:22 PM
Some parents including me does not have credit cards and cannot afford to waste real money, I am a parent of a 23 year old , so some kids are gonna want the 3rd farm and end up with strangers who maybe be stalkers. Ohh and By the way I have seen children under the age of 13 in here , we reported and they they still play here , cause Farmtown wants to grow and doesn't care what age they are. , Kids lie about their age worse than us old women do ,

TheirMomma
Apr 06 2010, 09:38 PM
when is it gonna be fix so Myspace users can use the "Produce Faster" button?

JAS0643
Apr 06 2010, 09:49 PM
Some parents including me does not have credit cards and cannot afford to waste real money, I am a parent of a 23 year old , so some kids are gonna want the 3rd farm and end up with strangers who maybe be stalkers. Ohh and By the way I have seen children under the age of 13 in here , we reported and they they still play here , cause Farmtown wants to grow and doesn't care what age they are. , Kids lie about their age worse than us old women do ,

Farm town can't do anything about someone lying to facebook about their age that is a facebook issue.

barn
Apr 07 2010, 12:53 AM
I am thankful for the new upgrades. My friends and I were getting a little bored, but not any more!
Yesterday evening, I purchased a third farm and it showed up and I went to the farm, but didn't do any work on it. Now the farm is gone and my money was not returned and I didn't get any exp. points. Got any ideas what may have happened?
I clear my cache every day and don't have any other issues .
Thanks in advance.
C~

shirl the pearl
Apr 07 2010, 01:39 AM
I am a bit confused with the new features
Do we need to save eggs and butter or sell them? and what about the goat cheese, is that used for anything or shall I sell it.and do we need to save all the flour and sugar , its a bit confusing knowing what to sell and what to save

shirl the pearl
Apr 07 2010, 01:40 AM
By the way, I still love this game
Thanks very much for all who work so hard to make it enjoyable for us

krbrown2000
Apr 07 2010, 06:46 AM
I think figuring all that out is part of the fun! I don't want to be told everything!

I am a bit confused with the new features
Do we need to save eggs and butter or sell them? and what about the goat cheese, is that used for anything or shall I sell it.and do we need to save all the flour and sugar , its a bit confusing knowing what to sell and what to save

Mr. H
Apr 07 2010, 07:08 AM
I think figuring all that out is part of the fun! I don't want to be told everything!

Exactly!

That's the fun part of the facilities, well besideds earning lots of coins, figuring out how to budget everything and get what you need to make it all work.

John P Darrow
Apr 07 2010, 08:41 AM
While I appreciate the option to eventually add a third farm, I too think the 30 neighbours requirement is a bit excessive, especially given that the highest neighbours trophy only needs twenty; and, yes, I too read the original third farm announcement as it is written as only requiring 30 for the initial purchase, thus allowing someone who bought the 12x12 third farm with Farm Cash to go ahead and upgrade it with coins without the need for 30 neighbours. So, no, the 30 neighbours requirement for the upgrades of the third farm wasn't clear or obvious at all.

I also feel that some posters here are dismissing legitimate concerns regarding adding strangers as neighbours. While I'm quite familiar with the process of setting up a limited-access list, I've searched Facebook's privacy settings thoroughly and can not find any setting to exclude a particular group of friends from seeing who else is on your overall friends list. I suspect many people on Facebook, especially those who have only recently joined and have still yet to find all their real-life friends' accounts, have postings, privacy information, etc. set up to "Friends of friends" to make it easier for actual friends to find them, under the belief that their friends won't have people who are essentially strangers on their respective friends lists. While some might say they should have known better, I don't think that's appropriate. Nor have I seen a means for a user to change the privacy settings of an existing wall posting (when they realize that people are reading it who they might not want to), other than removing and reposting it. And it can have trouble the other way too - what might be the result when actual friends see the game people on your friends list, or if those game people post something that thus shows up on your wall, that your friends might not find appropriate (even if you're fine with it)?

I'm not saying that people might decide these things are acceptable, or that people haven't in fact created new friendships from people they met as neighbours on Farm Town. I'm just saying that the methods for limiting aren't quite the panacea they've been made out to be, and still leave things that can be a significant enough concern to exclude them from consideration for certain users (not necessarily myself, but other reasonable people).

lulu836
Apr 07 2010, 09:12 AM
While I appreciate the option to eventually add a third farm, I too think the 30 neighbours requirement is a bit excessive, especially given that the highest neighbours trophy only needs twenty; and, yes, I too read the original third farm announcement as it is written as only requiring 30 for the initial purchase, thus allowing someone who bought the 12x12 third farm with Farm Cash to go ahead and upgrade it with coins without the need for 30 neighbours. So, no, the 30 neighbours requirement for the upgrades of the third farm wasn't clear or obvious at all.

I guess I read it wrong also. I thought that if you bought the 12x12 with FC you could continue to upgrade with coin. Is that not the case? Do you have to have the 30 neighbors period before you can go to the next size bought with coin? Now I'm really confused.:confused:

nanajoe
Apr 07 2010, 09:49 AM
The sad part about all of this is that it's going to make a lot of us leave. I will never have a third farm because of the 30 neighbor policy. I guess we have to face the fact that FarmTown is NOT free anymore. I would have to buy the third farm with real money and then to upgrade, use more money. That's not an option for this little ole lady that used to love FarmTown.

John P Darrow
Apr 07 2010, 09:53 AM
I guess I read it wrong also. I thought that if you bought the 12x12 with FC you could continue to upgrade with coin. Is that not the case? Do you have to have the 30 neighbors period before you can go to the next size bought with coin? Now I'm really confused.:confused:

Yes, you need to either have 30 neighbours, or pay with Farm Cash, for every upgrade of the third farm, not just the initial (12x12) purchase. Some of the announcements in other threads were more explicit about this, but not the one here. Nor is it obvious in the game itself, since until you actually buy the third farm, you only get to see the initial purchase options for it in the Realtor's Office, and not the upgrade options.

LoreneC
Apr 07 2010, 10:32 AM
The sad part about all of this is that it's going to make a lot of us leave. I will never have a third farm because of the 30 neighbor policy. I guess we have to face the fact that FarmTown is NOT free anymore. I would have to buy the third farm with real money and then to upgrade, use more money. That's not an option for this little ole lady that used to love FarmTown.

I think alot of people will stick around and enjoy their two farms.:)

Duck Duck Goose
Apr 07 2010, 10:41 AM
when is it gonna be fix so Myspace users can use the "Produce Faster" button?

Yes, when is this going to be fixed?
Will it at least EVER get fixed, or will it NEVER work?
Multiple updates have been released and still this feature doesnt work.

nanajoe
Apr 07 2010, 11:38 AM
I think alot of people will stick around and enjoy their two farms.:)

This may be true. The trouble I have is that I have two wonderful farms but it takes both of them to support the facilities I have. I do enjoy making things with the facilities but I would also like to design a farm. I can't move things around now on these two farms! I would love to learn how to do some of the fancy stuff others do but I have no room! I don't have 30 neighbors and I won't install the apps and I can't justify the real money.

JAS0643
Apr 07 2010, 02:24 PM
I suspect many people on Facebook, especially those who have only recently joined and have still yet to find all their real-life friends' accounts, have postings, privacy information, etc. set up to "Friends of friends" to make it easier for actual friends to find them, under the belief that their friends won't have people who are essentially strangers on their respective friends lists. While some might say they should have known better, I don't think that's appropriate. Nor have I seen a means for a user to change the privacy settings of an existing wall posting (when they realize that people are reading it who they might not want to), other than removing and reposting it. And it can have trouble the other way too - what might be the result when actual friends see the game people on your friends list, or if those game people post something that thus shows up on your wall, that your friends might not find appropriate (even if you're fine with it)?

Let me ask you this do you know each and every friend of friend on your account. I suspect the answer is no, there is no way for people to know that. If a person is so afraid of coming a cross someone they don't know on the internet or having someone they don't know see something they have put on the internet then they need to get off the internet. Unless people are posting personal information like bank account numbers or other such personal information there really is nothing people can get to hurt you with. FB is no different then anything else in life you take smart steps to protect yourself and you should be fine.

lulu836
Apr 07 2010, 04:20 PM
I just saw this when I signed into FT. Does this mean the 30 neighbor requirement has been rescinded for the 3rd farm?

JAS0643
Apr 07 2010, 04:30 PM
I just saw this when I signed into FT. Does this mean the 30 neighbor requirement has been rescinded for the 3rd farm?

No it has always said that.

lulu836
Apr 07 2010, 04:40 PM
Well one can only hope that the developes change their minds. I *think* I once saw a screenie of all the 3rd farm upgrades and after the 30 neighbor requirement was filled or you purchased with 30 neighbors and coin that all the rest of the upgrades were available for coin. Was that ever the case?

Also if every land upgrade is only available with the initial 30 neighbors plus 40 FC does that mean that more levels will have to be put up or does it mean that FT is now pay-as-you-go for land upgrades with FC being purchased?

Thank God I already have all the upgrades for farm 2 and I will never be able to acquire farm 3 but does it also mean the developers think they are ready to go "live" and that all the bugs are worked out? If this is indeed their opinion then I have a LOT more to say.

Mr. H
Apr 07 2010, 04:45 PM
Well one can only hope that the developes change their minds. I *think* I once saw a screenie of all the 3rd farm upgrades and after the 30 neighbor requirement was filled or you purchased with 30 neighbors and coin that all the rest of the upgrades were available for coin. Was that ever the case?

Also if every land upgrade is only available with the initial 30 neighbors plus 40 FC does that mean that more levels will have to be put up or does it mean that FT is now pay-as-you-go for land upgrades with FC being purchased?

Thank God I already have all the upgrades for farm 2 and I will never be able to acquire farm 3 but does it also mean the developers think they are ready to go "live" and that all the bugs are worked out? If this is indeed their opinion then I have a LOT more to say.

I'm not sure what you're asking but everything about the third farm can be bought with coins if you have 30 neighbors.

lulu836
Apr 07 2010, 04:47 PM
yeah, basically that was my question. Thanks for the reply.

Mr. H
Apr 07 2010, 04:47 PM

I'm pretty sure they actually lowered the FC price for farm 2. I believe that is the purpose of the pop-up.

SunnyD
Apr 07 2010, 04:50 PM
Purchasing the third farm or the facilities with FC is choice we make.. not a requirement..... anything we purchase with earned coins or FC is a choice no one is deciding that for us.......We don't know if the requirement for 30 neighbors was a decision of the Developers of FarmTown or a requirement that Facebook or MySpace made them agree to in order to make this upgrade ......

DARLENEW
Apr 07 2010, 04:55 PM
I love the new facilities, however, I cannot harvest enough milk twice a day to use the crops I plant, and I try not to overplant, and still run out of milk and have to wait and wait..I have to make butter and cheese from the milk, also, then try to use my crops in the dairy facility to make yogurt, etc, and never have enough milk....can we either start harvesting cows more often, or get more milk when harvesting every 8 hours,,,,this is a real problem,,,I had to sell my strawberries and not use them because I didn't have enough milk...pls change this if at all possible, or I will have to sell my dairy facility....thanks for your quick response....:)

Mr. H
Apr 07 2010, 05:00 PM
Purchasing the third farm or the facilities with FC is choice we make.. not a requirement..... anything we purchase with earned coins or FC is a choice no one is deciding that for us.......We don't know if the requirement for 30 neighbors was a decision of the Developers of FarmTown or a requirement that Facebook or MySpace made them agree to in order to make this upgrade ......

The sole purpose of these games is to attract people to FB. Minimum neighbor requirements are a part of every game that I know anything about, although I confess I only play this and one other game. Judging by the invites I get, I'm assuming it's pretty much universal.

I don't know how the FT developers are compensated for all their hard work but I suspect that FC is only one way. I'd bet that somehow their compensation is also tied to FB participation. I'd also bet that for every person that is upset about the 30 neighbor requirement there are dozens or hundreds that already have that many or are out their adding looking for more neighbors. In the short term FT might lose a few but I bet they gain in the long run.

SunnyD
Apr 07 2010, 05:29 PM
and I bet some complain just cause they can......... LOL ....... oh i have done my share..... here is one... why can't we get apple trees back in the gift section....... LOL so we can make apple pies....... i'm so broke from getting the facilities and the 3rd farm surely I can't buy any lol ok wrong thread lol

Pickle toes
Apr 07 2010, 05:56 PM
Love all the the new stuff. It doesn't matter what you do, there will always be some one who complains. You did good!!!!!!!!

Mr. H
Apr 07 2010, 06:21 PM
and I bet some complain just cause they can......... LOL ....... oh i have done my share..... here is one... why can't we get apple trees back in the gift section....... LOL so we can make apple pies....... i'm so broke from getting the facilities and the 3rd farm surely I can't buy any lol ok wrong thread lol

With the new facilities you'll soon have so many coins you can buy all the apple trees you want...and then some.

If you have the juice facility plant a bunch a grapes. That'll pay for the apple trees.

shirl the pearl
Apr 07 2010, 06:22 PM
I would love to get the juice facility but need more farm cash

JAS0643
Apr 07 2010, 06:28 PM

I'm not really sure what you are talking about here but all the land can still be bought with coins if you meet the same requirements that have always been there. Farm 2 has level requirements the levels needed have not changed. Farm 3 needs 30 neighbors and farm 2 at any level. The pop up is just telling you that there is now a farm 3 available and that the price for farm 2 in fc has changed, it is not saying that land can only be bought with fc or that the game is no longer free and is pay as you go.

I'm pretty sure they actually lowered the FC price for farm 2. I believe that is the purpose of the pop-up.

Yes they have when farm 2 came out it was 120fc for 12x12 and 40fc for the other sizes, now it is 40 for 12x12 and 20 for the other sizes, a much better deal.

Cloud1990
Apr 07 2010, 07:27 PM
I know a lot of people have posted the pros and cons of adding neighbors just for Games. I know you can limit what these "Friends" can see on your facebook. My question is, if you limit what they can see and set your privacy setting higher, can they still send and receive gifts from/to you??

JAS0643
Apr 07 2010, 07:41 PM
I know a lot of people have posted the pros and cons of adding neighbors just for Games. I know you can limit what these "Friends" can see on your facebook. My question is, if you limit what they can see and set your privacy setting higher, can they still send and receive gifts from/to you??

Yes they can. The only way as far as I know to stop someone from sending you a gift other then removing them as a friend is to ignore all invites from them.

Deb NZ
Apr 07 2010, 07:54 PM

The R13 is very much a facebook requirement who are you reporting them to?When I want new neighbours I ask my existing neighbours to send me theirs I presume these people I trust have friends they trust so now I have their hubbies and children as friends too, ok by me.

barn
Apr 07 2010, 08:45 PM
I am thankful for the new upgrades. My friends and I were getting a little bored, but not any more!
Yesterday evening, I purchased a third farm and it showed up and I went to the farm, but didn't do any work on it. Now the farm is gone and my money was not returned and I didn't get any exp. points. Got any ideas what may have happened?
I clear my cache every day and don't have any other issues .
Thanks in advance.
C~

Have I submitted this to the wrong thread?
Help Please.:confused:

1duckie
Apr 08 2010, 06:01 AM
30 neighbor rule is unfair.
expecting to pay for farmcash is unfair.
Been playing for long time and have acquired two farms. No more. So long folks. There is life after farmtown.