PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- April 13, 2010

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Apr 13 2010, 04:06 PM
Hey there,

We just released a new version with these new features/fixes:

More Pizzas:
Pepperoni Pizza ( get pepperoni as gift from friends )
Ham Pizza ( get ham as gift from friends )
Hawaian Pizza ( get ham as gift from friends )

Publish to wall to get these gifts is just an option, not required.

More Juices:
Tomato Juice
Cranberry Juice

New Icecream Factory (in coins)
Chocolate Ice cream
Strawberry Ice cream
Coffee Ice cream ( for now, get ground coffee as gift from friends )
Mango Ice cream
Pineapple Ice cream
Coconut Ice cream

You can now send several ingredients to your friends for them to use in their facilities, which includes eggs, milk, chocolate liquor, ham, pepperoni, sugar, flour and boxes with different fruits (already harvested).

Several items on the gift page were moved to the store.

Increased productivity of the Chocolate Liquor Facility, it produces now 40 Units per hour instead of 20.

Each Fuel tank you receive as gift now provides you with 300 Fuel units instead of 100.

When you send flowers as gifts to friends they comes now in batches of 5.

The Crops and Trees sections on the store now shows the level at which the crop or tree is unlocked.

We are now showing the Unit Price (as well as the Batch Price) for each product on the facility window to avoid some confusion.

Some users were unable to receive gifts because their gift box was full, we now added a notification message when this happens, so users can go and use or sell some gifts to free some space. The gift box can hold about 100 gifs.

Thanks

Enjoy!

--Raul

Nightrider
Apr 13 2010, 04:09 PM
Is this Farm Town's newest Form of a Bull?
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/Nightrider1962/FacebookBull.jpg

LOL I had to share

Molly Mew
Apr 13 2010, 04:18 PM
Fantastic. Thanks Raul. :)

doogels
Apr 13 2010, 04:22 PM
Great update!!Glad to see the new juices ,pizzas and Icecream :),,the gifts thing is nice but seems overly generous,,wont need all facilities and all those cows.On my way to the store now for Icream Factory!!

Farmer Kate S.
Apr 13 2010, 04:30 PM
All this is lovely ...but, as for me, I'd lik to just be able to play the game and work on my farm again, without being kickd out of the game, o all the other things about which I hav posted, several times ...and yes, I've done all the usual. ah, well. At least I got a few of my flowers watered, and no crops to lose ...already did that.

m275 pfc
Apr 13 2010, 04:30 PM
i would luv to buy the choc n juice factories with my hard cash as i have used most of my ft coins any chance we can buy them ???? pretty plz

Kaytutt
Apr 13 2010, 04:36 PM
argh! I need a 4th farm lol

free1indeed
Apr 13 2010, 04:38 PM
Almost need one farm for just the industrial stuff.:)

servocrow
Apr 13 2010, 04:49 PM
YAY!! I was just working on my youngest son's farm and saw some "ch-ch-changes"...

WOO-HOO!!!

And I am one who does have my third farm as a "OF SORTS" Industrial Park/Restaurant/Playpark area....

too much fun....

This has been great timing dealing with a bad arm too..a great mind occupier..

tikas3
Apr 13 2010, 04:55 PM
While I think most of the changes are good I do not believe this one is

50 x Chocolate Liquor gifts???

A lot of us paid hard earned cash for that factory, and now you are handing them out free so we got shafted our money to have the privilege of having the chocolate?
I'd like a refund back on that Choclate Factory

hsouders1
Apr 13 2010, 04:56 PM
How do we get the ham for the pizza? As far as I know we can't harvest the pigs...anyone know? Email me at tylerfarr08072001@hotmail.com if you can tell me how they are doing this with these new additions...Also, is there any other way to get pepperoni without have to wait for someone to send it to me?

Julia2654
Apr 13 2010, 04:57 PM
Almost need one farm for just the industrial stuff.:)
I made one on my 3rd farm, it's coming along nicely.

RAUL!! YOU PEOPLE ARE MAD!! AND I LOVE IT!! Thank you!!!:p

Simera
Apr 13 2010, 04:58 PM
What about the Goose-eggs being considered as eggs??? Are you going to change *that*???
I really like those new facilities (except that we have to use FV-cash to buy the Juice-factory). But really; Goose-eggs are considered even better than Hen-eggs. So, please change that, will you?? :)

hsouders1
Apr 13 2010, 04:58 PM
Hey there,

More Pizzas:

More Juices:
Tomato Juice
Cranberry Juice

Chocolate Ice cream
Strawberry Ice cream
Mango Ice cream
Pineapple Ice cream
Coconut Ice cream

You can now send several ingredients to your friends for them to use in their facilities, which includes eggs, milk, chocolate liquor, ham, pepperoni, sugar, flour and boxes with different fruits (already harvested).

Increased productivity of the Chocolate Liquor Facility, it produces now 40 Units per hour instead of 20.

Each Fuel tank you receive as gift now provides you with 300 Fuel units instead of 100.

The Crops and Trees sections on the store now shows the level at which the crop or tree is unlocked.

Some users were unable to receive gifts because their gift box was full, we now added a notification message when this happens, so users can go and use or sell some gifts to free some space. The gift box can hold about 100 gifs.

Thanks

Enjoy!

--Raul

Raul, do you think you can make the pigs harvestable where you can make a factory to make the ham and pepperoni without depending on others to send it to me?

Julia2654
Apr 13 2010, 04:59 PM
How do we get the ham for the pizza? As far as I know we can't harvest the pigs...anyone know? Email me at tylerfarr08072001@hotmail.com if you can tell me how they are doing this with these new additions...Also, is there any other way to get pepperoni without have to wait for someone to send it to me?
There's a nice looking ham hock in the Gifts section.

Kaytutt
Apr 13 2010, 04:59 PM
urgh, I dont want to slaughter my piggies!

It would be nice to be able to send more than 24 gifts now, with more than 30 neighbours i have to leave some people out

Jennifer
Apr 13 2010, 05:01 PM

You can say that again! I've been away from the game for a while now - and I'm sure glad I came back - Thanks for all the changes -

nic turford
Apr 13 2010, 05:05 PM

A lot of us paid hard earned cash for that factory, and now you are handing them out free so we got shafted our money to have the privilege of having the chocolate?

i agree, the juice factory and chocolate factory are the only items i deemed worth buying with proper money even though i've been playing for over a year now, and now it seems as though we've been conned, certainly won't be using any more hard earned cash .:(

maybe only those with chocolate factories could send the chocolate as a gift.

hsouders1
Apr 13 2010, 05:10 PM

I agree!! This and the Juice factory I specially got just to have the chocolate liquor and Juices!!

servocrow
Apr 13 2010, 05:11 PM

What is the big deal about the gifts? It's helping out friends who can't get the Chocolate factory.. I bought the factory because I had enough leftover cash and had been doing the "app of the day" ...

It's no biggie....Love the changes...I've almost stopped playing everything else since FT has been so great lately.

Keep it up.

SallyL
Apr 13 2010, 05:12 PM
Love the new changes :) Thank you! Thank you! Thank you. I also appreciate your making sure there is a 2 farm cash app of the day on every day now. I was able to get the juice facility and am well on my way to get the chocolate one. Thank you for not making us slaughter our cute pigs for the ham, too. Love this game :)

prettyponies
Apr 13 2010, 05:14 PM
Oh my goodness!! Saw the new pizza and already have them in production (bless my fast friends who were happy to gift me the needed ingredients immediately. Love you guys!! :D

Now must rush out and buy my new Ice Cream facility for my village!!

<grabbing coat and running out door, coins in hand....>

mst
Apr 13 2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks Raul. Its great to have new gifts.

golf007sd
Apr 13 2010, 05:31 PM
Love the new change, but I have to agree a 4th Farm is needed. If possible new levels to boot. Bring it on!!!

I think I hear my Ice cream truck making its rounds around the block...wooohooooo!!!!!

cindya
Apr 13 2010, 05:34 PM
What you guys did is all well and good if you have and use the facilities...Out of the 50 gifts 23 are for the facilities and 1 for the fuel....not much is left for the people that dont use the facilities or the fuel....

What about new clothes and new flowers!!AND NEW FANCY CARS!..

Also Iam stil waiting for an answer if you can go past 100 million in farmtown coins... thank you!!

deelar3
Apr 13 2010, 05:39 PM
What facility is ham going to be slattered or produced in??
thanks in advance,
Dee

Textmum
Apr 13 2010, 05:43 PM
Thank you, I would love to be able to send more than one gift a day to friends, especially with the new ones. I seem to have lots of neighbours who no longer play, and just a handful who gift and play, it would be nice to be able to reward them.

SusieQFarms
Apr 13 2010, 05:53 PM
Love the new changes :) Thank you! Thank you! Thank you. I also appreciate your making sure there is a 2 farm cash app of the day on every day now. I was able to get the juice facility and am well on my way to get the chocolate one. Thank you for not making us slaughter our cute pigs for the ham, too. Love this game :)

Can you tell me how to get the (2farm cash app of the day)?

Fee Fi Faux Farm
Apr 13 2010, 05:55 PM
great update! thanks :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 13 2010, 05:58 PM
Love it! :D Thanks Raul and devs!

karnott57
Apr 13 2010, 06:00 PM
Ok, I must be dense, but I'm not finding the cranberries. I've checked the seeds and the gifts, and they aren't there. Can someone please tell me where to get cranberries for the juice?

Off to buy the ice cream factory!!!

DARLENEW
Apr 13 2010, 06:03 PM
Raul, you are fantastic!!!! I love the new upgrades and the fact that we can now gift foods, flour, etc!!!! I have already bought the ice cream facility, cranberry trees, and requested what I need for my other facilities!!! thank you thank you thank you!!!!:):):)

size15n
Apr 13 2010, 06:04 PM
Where are the cranberries to make the cranberry juice available?

Palantir
Apr 13 2010, 06:04 PM
This is a sea change for the factories, and its not a positive one. let me explain:

When the factories first started up, they encouraged you to grow crops which were not the most profitable for their maturity - i.e. blueberries, onions, tomatoes. This was an excellent future indicator as it provided choices and variety- an increased depth of gameplay.

With the additions to the juice factory, the ice cream factory and the pizza factory, the emphasis is back onto producing pineapples for all three plants to make the most money...and pineapples were already the most profitable crop before the factories existed.

The temporary diverse marketplace dynamic is coming to an end, soon all the maximized farms will be just pineapples cows and the occasional sugar rotation.

Slashkey- I would love to help you with this. I have a master's in economics of competitive simulations and I would enjoy helping out for just portfolio building. I can be contacted via PM's, and I'll send in resumee material within the week as well.

kaylene
Apr 13 2010, 06:08 PM
wow thank you for the new update, so happy to get cows milk as a gift:D hope to buy the chocolate factory today but off now to get the icecream factory:) THANKS AGAIN:D

Brizo
Apr 13 2010, 06:14 PM
Perhaps they will add a Cannery , where all crops have value, many vegetables such as canned peas, carrots, beets, corn and canned fruit, pears and peaches etc. I also think we need to be able to make jams, jellies , apple butter, but that might need to be its own facility - such as confectinaries or something. Love the updates, good work and keep them coming- thank you!

HelenJS22
Apr 13 2010, 06:16 PM

It's Wednesday morning and I haven't been offered an 'app of the day' now since Sunday. :(

HelenJS22
Apr 13 2010, 06:18 PM
What you guys did is all well and good if you have and use the facilities...Out of the 50 gifts 23 are for the facilities and 1 for the fuel....not much is left for the people that dont use the facilities or the fuel....

What about new clothes and new flowers!!AND NEW FANCY CARS!..

Also Iam stil waiting for an answer if you can go past 100 million in farmtown coins... thank you!!

Good thought ... for those millionaires on Farm Town ... where is the sports car ?

piccpete
Apr 13 2010, 06:19 PM
you are all so WONDERFUL!
I thought I had no life before? Now I will have no time to eat or sleep!
fanTASTIC EVERYTHING.
YAAAY! and thank you for listening!!

Old Goat
Apr 13 2010, 06:23 PM
WoW! 1 gift of hams and 1 gift of pineapples made 150 pizzas at 450 coins per unit of 10! :eek:

PRT
Apr 13 2010, 06:23 PM
The fuel increase is great!!! All these fields are fuel hogs :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 13 2010, 06:30 PM
Ok, I must be dense, but I'm not finding the cranberries. I've checked the seeds and the gifts, and they aren't there. Can someone please tell me where to get cranberries for the juice?

Where are the cranberries to make the cranberry juice available?

Cranberries are in the store...sorry they aren't gifting.

Palantir
Apr 13 2010, 06:32 PM
Cranberry trees can be gifted to you.

They can also be purchased round about level 76. They are very pretty and very productive :D

*Farmer Brad*
Apr 13 2010, 06:33 PM
Thank you so much for all the new updates! There are some very useful ideas you guys incorporated (especially the 5 flower gift!!) and I'm so glad you keep putting out new updates. No matter what anyone says, I don't think you're putting out too many updates. I love it! Thanks again! :)

Donna13669
Apr 13 2010, 06:40 PM
Where did the coconut trees go- how do you get this for the Ice Cream?

merchcymraeg
Apr 13 2010, 06:41 PM
thank you for all these lovely gifts and changes
Farm Town has now taken on new lease of life
despite some of the moaners i believe the majority of us are well pleased

JAS0643
Apr 13 2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the updates, I have to go log into farm town now and check them out.

Double T Dude Ranch

If coconut trees are not in gifting, they were probably moved in the store. Raul did say some gifting items have been moved from gifts to the store.

hansen2433
You can say that again! I've been away from the game for a while now - and I'm sure glad I came back - Thanks for all the changes -

me to thank you for the new stuf that has made farm town fun again.
but i need a toolbar so my crops dont die :o :rolleyes:

earlgray
Apr 13 2010, 06:45 PM
OK, I've been defending you guys on cranberry trees against all the people who say they don't exist. Well, they do exist, but if you're going to say cranberry juice is made from cranberries that grow on trees, no, THAT'S just not true. Cranberries for juice (and sauce) DO grow in bogs. Better add them to the seeds and let us grow the right kind (I'd love to). I'm not sticking up for this error!!!

Rudyskid
Apr 13 2010, 06:46 PM
Love the new stuff! Now just waiting for gifts from friends for ham, pepperoni, coffee, etc. Everyone has gifted already so have to wait 'til tomorrow :( Can't wait to get that ice cream factory going & new pizzas cooking!

LauraLee2275
Apr 13 2010, 06:49 PM
Where is the spirit of gifting that Farm Town is supposed to instill in all of us. For those that get the gift of chocolate it is not going to be equal to those that can produce it. It is supposed to be fun.

Donna13669
Apr 13 2010, 06:53 PM
No, coconut trees are not in the store either :o(

HelenJS22
Apr 13 2010, 07:10 PM

The coconut tree is still in the gift section as far as I can see.

JAS0643
Apr 13 2010, 07:12 PM
Okay I have looked at the new stuff and I love it. Thanks for the meat I'm glad we got that. I still would like a meat processing plant for the farm but I guess the meat as gift is probably the best some wouldn't like the idea of killing the animals for meat. On the gift box I have over 100 gifts now and it is all fuel, is there a way to combine all the fuel into one gift for those of us that don't refuel that often. I have 6500 fuel now and only about 1500 fields so it will take me a while to use the fuel. Right now I can leave the fuel on FB but it is a pain to accept a ton of gifts at one time. I have also heard that they are going to change the gift receiving soon. What I'm thinking about is say you get 300 fuels for one gift well if you have one fuel gift in your gb it says fuel 300 if you have 2 it says 600 and so on, and all the fuel counts as one gift in your gift box.

kemorgan
Apr 13 2010, 07:14 PM
Nice to have all of these new options. One I'd really like to see is something else you can make from Goat's milk besides cheese--maybe Goat's Milk Fudge (ever been to FL and seen all those signs alongside the highway?)

Brizo
Apr 13 2010, 07:16 PM
I really wish we could buy the coconut and cherry trees- there's enough other stuff to gift now and potential for that to increase as well.

HelenJS22
Apr 13 2010, 07:17 PM
YUM - Ice Cream !!! and my absolute favourite COFFEE ICE CREAM :D

wheels394
Apr 13 2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all these great updates. I always said FT is the best farming game there is and you guys just keep making it better. For awhile there I wasn't playing often. I am now re-addicted, lol! And am I the only one that caught the (for now) note next to the coffee. Possible coffee grinders coming soon? I am hoping that maybe a factory to make items with the wools is coming?

Old Goat
Apr 13 2010, 07:21 PM
No, coconut trees are not in the store either :o(
Still in gifts :(

Soozy
Apr 13 2010, 07:21 PM

I guess it didn't dawn on the creator that cranberries do NOT grow on trees. They are grown in bogs.

Deb NZ
Apr 13 2010, 07:23 PM
I guess it didn't dawn on the creator that cranberries do NOT grow on trees. They are grown in bogs.

cranberries are in the tree section

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 13 2010, 07:25 PM
http://www.anokanaturalresources.com/acd/trees/images/Cranberry_Form.jpg

It's a cranberry tree :) Though yes, they do grow in bogs (I come from Oregon where we have tons of them on the coast that go to our Ocean Spray plant).

Deb NZ
Apr 13 2010, 07:26 PM
Love all the new goodies perhaps if we have pigs we could produce ham and extraordinarily not have to kill for it?Please can we have a store and sell our excess produce/gifts to our neighbours and buddies? rather than it disappearing into the ether.I have a chocolate factory and yes friends can work in it to get the liquer but would be great if they could come and buy it from me too.Same for perhaps a strawberry crop I grow it you buy it from me style?

hansen2433
Apr 13 2010, 07:34 PM

i can only get the app of the day 1-2 a week :confused:

Wilde Lily
Apr 13 2010, 07:36 PM
This game just keeps getting better and better!! THANK YOU!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Duck Duck Goose
Apr 13 2010, 07:38 PM
In addition to the stated updates, they took away the "produce-faster" button on myspace players "whats cooking" pages.
I guess its easier to just keep slinging out new stuff than fixing whats already there. Yea they increased the speed of the choc factory but not the others.
I'm waiting 7 days to refine a farm full of sugar and all the rest take too long as well.
With the omission of the produce faster button, its safe to assume they wont be giving us that feature.

Heck, at this point, I'de be happy if they beefed up the server so we dont get booted off our jobs.

SuzieRae
Apr 13 2010, 07:40 PM

I had to laugh when I saw it, but there it was as big as life ... A CRANBERRY TREE !!!!!! You can buy the tree at the store. Since I'm a nice Farmtown players, I won't mention to the designers that cranberries don't grow on trees :o

Mexican Immigrant
Apr 13 2010, 07:41 PM
i want to kill animals for meat. it's just how real life is. If people are against *** then they can get meat as a gift and pretend it fell out of the sky. They can have pigs and not kill them if they choose.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 13 2010, 07:41 PM
I had to laugh when I saw it, but there it was as big as life ... A CRANBERRY TREE !!!!!! You can buy the tree at the store. Since I'm a nice Farmtown players, I won't mention to the designers that cranberries don't grow on trees :o

See post 63 :D

Momthebomb191
Apr 13 2010, 07:46 PM
Woe is me!!!! How am I every going to get any housework done or even go to my real job if the Devs keep adding all this wonderful stuff to Farmtown? Thanks for all your wonderful efforts to keep engaging us in this game. I am so happy except I don't have time for much else trying to keep up....LOL!!! Thanks again and I think I want to live in Farmtown in my real life, I wonder if the Devs can do that for us! Off to buy and plant. Wahoooooooo!

SuzieRae
Apr 13 2010, 07:53 PM
See post 63 :D

LOL I saw that after I posted. I guess since I have strawberry trees in my yard at home, a cranberry tree would not be out of the question. The thing is, if I want to make strawberry jam at home, I have to either buy the strawberries or plant the plants in my garden and wait for them to procuce; the strawberries on my strawberry trees are nice for color, but not for jam :)

PoppySue
Apr 13 2010, 08:04 PM
All my friends were playing that other farm game, so I checked it out. I gave it a real try and played for a few weeks. I decided that the choice was easy - Farm Town. The most important factor was that I didn't need to annoy my non-farm playing friends with all the junk on the wall and I didn't need to beg for help. Farm Town is a social game. I could always meet new people here, but now I just feel that the game is following in the footsteps of Zynga. I don't like the direction and I can't see myself staying in much longer. I have been playing Farm Town for years and will hurt to let it go, but I cannot morally support the constant onslaught of wall begging. Keep the game in the game and don't make me annoy my real friends.

Cherry's Farm
Apr 13 2010, 08:13 PM
All my friends were playing that other farm game, so I checked it out. I gave it a real try and played for a few weeks. I decided that the choice was easy - Farm Town. The most important factor was that I didn't need to annoy my non-farm playing friends with all the junk on the wall and I didn't need to beg for help. Farm Town is a social game. I could always meet new people here, but now I just feel that the game is following in the footsteps of Zynga. I don't like the direction and I can't see myself staying in much longer. I have been playing Farm Town for years and will hurt to let it go, but I cannot morally support the constant onslaught of wall begging. Keep the game in the game and don't make me annoy my real friends.

they did say publishing to your wall is an option, your choice, I hardly ever publish to my wall, iI like to keep it clean.

HelenJS22
Apr 13 2010, 08:15 PM
Okay I have looked at the new stuff and I love it. Thanks for the meat I'm glad we got that. I still would like a meat processing plant for the farm but I guess the meat as gift is probably the best some wouldn't like the idea of killing the animals for meat. On the gift box I have over 100 gifts now and it is all fuel, is there a way to combine all the fuel into one gift for those of us that don't refuel that often. I have 6500 fuel now and only about 1500 fields so it will take me a while to use the fuel. Right now I can leave the fuel on FB but it is a pain to accept a ton of gifts at one time. I have also heard that they are going to change the gift receiving soon. What I'm thinking about is say you get 300 fuels for one gift well if you have one fuel gift in your gb it says fuel 300 if you have 2 it says 600 and so on, and all the fuel counts as one gift in your gift box.

I know this has been asked for several times - if not many times before, but I'll second the motion again. It can get very tiresome having to go and accept each and every gift separately - particularly fuel - and it would be great if they could be put into a bulk gift box.

PoppySue
Apr 13 2010, 08:20 PM
they did say publishing to your wall is an option, your choice, I hardly ever publish to my wall, iI like to keep it clean.

Yes, but then I am not fully playing the game. I get that I can choose not to post to my wall, but then I will never make Hawaiian pizza. That is the point. That the creators are changing the dynamic of the game and following the blueprint created by their competitor instead of breaking new ground. I realize that my opinion may be unpopular, but I prefer to look at the big picture.

BabeintheMoon
Apr 13 2010, 08:23 PM
OK, I've been defending you guys on cranberry trees against all the people who say they don't exist. Well, they do exist, but if you're going to say cranberry juice is made from cranberries that grow on trees, no, THAT'S just not true. Cranberries for juice (and sauce) DO grow in bogs. Better add them to the seeds and let us grow the right kind (I'd love to). I'm not sticking up for this error!!!

LOL! I had to do a web search to find out about real cranberry trees... lol

I agree about needing cranberry seeds.. I want a bog! I already have a space planned out for it in my mind! Please give us cranberry seeds! :)

Thanks so much for all the new changes!! They are awesome! :)

BabeintheMoon
Apr 13 2010, 08:29 PM

I completely agree! I love FT for the social aspect... that other game I enjoy for earning the ribbons/awards.

But I much prefer FT for the same reasons posted above! Thanks for a great game!

BrookeB
Apr 13 2010, 08:31 PM
Just bought the Ice Cream Factory. Very cool.

Finally I can start using some of the 9 million worth of pineapples in my storage. I will be making a LOT of pineapple ice cream. :D

Would really like to be able to grind my own coffee. hint, hint, hint :)

Roma
Apr 13 2010, 08:39 PM
Will there be a way to grind our own coffee in the future? Maybe through the mill, or even the chocolate factory. Or a coffee shop to produce the coffee as well as hot cocoa. Love the new pizza ideas. You could also do a veggie or supreme pizza incorporating the artichokes, olives, italian herbs, etc, thus using more crops.

BTW, cranberries are bush plants, not trees...thought you might like to know.
Love the ice cream factory! Thanks!

JAS0643
Apr 13 2010, 09:05 PM

Will there be a way to grind our own coffee in the future? Maybe through the mill, or even the chocolate factory. Or a coffee shop to produce the coffee as well as hot cocoa. Love the new pizza ideas. You could also do a veggie or supreme pizza incorporating the artichokes, olives, italian herbs, etc, thus using more crops.

BTW, cranberries are bush plants, not trees...thought you might like to know.
Love the ice cream factory! Thanks!

Looking at Raul's post I would say yes we will have a way to grind coffee soon.

TheirMomma
Apr 13 2010, 09:10 PM
I guess Myspace users will not be able to help other Myspace users at their facilities, because the "produce faster" button is gone :(

cjinorland
Apr 13 2010, 09:37 PM
I see we can make cranberry juice now, but I don't see cranberries as an option to grow? How do we get them? Anyone know?

lashe11e
Apr 13 2010, 09:40 PM
thanx!!!! i need a 4th farm already!!!

kschilpe
Apr 13 2010, 09:46 PM
think all the new stuff is great but we really need a winery with a wine cellar, so we can do wine and cheese. Different wines would be great and a 4 th farm please

Robin47
Apr 13 2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks for this update. However I don't think at this time I will be doing any of the new stuff. Too much too fast. I can't hardly keep up with what we just got, much less start other things. I'm glad you are doing new things, just not for me right now.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 13 2010, 09:55 PM
I see we can make cranberry juice now, but I don't see cranberries as an option to grow? How do we get them? Anyone know?

Tree tab, level 73 it unlocks.

Toranut97
Apr 13 2010, 09:55 PM
think all the new stuff is great but we really need a winery with a wine cellar, so we can do wine and cheese. Different wines would be great and a 4 th farm please

Plenty of WHINING on this board -- so who needs a WINERY? :D

Thanks for the changes, Raul. The game has gotten endlessly more intriguing.I have pretty much dropped all other games in favor of FT!!

TraceyMush
Apr 13 2010, 09:56 PM
Fuel is worth more?! Very cool! l worked for two friends today, for about two minutes, and made 33,288 coins! Wow, l really like those facilities LOL!

When l found out about the new stuff, l went to the gift page and my eyes were blown away by the PRETTY bushels of blueberries! l immediately sent them to everyone including myself at my other farms. l quickly changed accounts and went to accept them and get a good look at the pretty things! l couldn't place it on my farm! Someone went to a lot of work to make beautiful blueberries, and other items, in bushels and it can't be used for decoration. So sad. Of course l haven't looked in the decorations tab yet....opps....

Thanks guys for the awesome free game!!!
Oh, and thanks for keeping pigs our friends. l'm fine with sending soy ham and soy pepperoni to my neighbours LOL!

Tony D
Apr 13 2010, 09:57 PM
What facility is ham going to be slattered or produced in??
thanks in advance,
DeeHam and Pepperoni are in the gift section and can be used to make Pizza

Deb NZ
Apr 13 2010, 10:12 PM
Yes, but then I am not fully playing the game. I get that I can choose not to post to my wall, but then I will never make Hawaiian pizza. That is the point. That the creators are changing the dynamic of the game and following the blueprint created by their competitor instead of breaking new ground. I realize that my opinion may be unpopular, but I prefer to look at the big picture.

You only need to post once as daily work in the facilities will come off an old post.As for asking for goodies use the in house email of Ft to request.

Franster Farmer
Apr 13 2010, 10:19 PM
Hey guys, maybe I missed something, but where do we get the cranberries for the cranberry juice?? It's not showing up anywhere??!!! Thanks!

TheirMomma
Apr 13 2010, 10:26 PM
Hey guys, maybe I missed something, but where do we get the cranberries for the cranberry juice?? It's not showing up anywhere??!!! Thanks!

you get cranberrie trees at level 72 or 73 :)

SunnyD
Apr 13 2010, 10:32 PM
Ok folks I googled it....... here you go

Cranberry Tree: n. 1. a deciduous thicket-forming Old World shrub (Viburnum opulus) with clusters of white flowers and small bright red berries. It is sometimes called high cranberry to distinguish it from the marsh cranberry or low cranberry.

Yes Virginia you do get cranberry Juice from Cranberry Trees

Kornchex
Apr 13 2010, 10:37 PM
Just bought the Ice Cream Factory. Very cool.

Finally I can start using some of the 9 million worth of pineapples in my storage. I will be making a LOT of pineapple ice cream. :D

Would really like to be able to grind my own coffee. hint, hint, hint :)

I'll have to look in to the Ice Cream idea because I used about 1/3 of the Pineapples I had in storage on Juice, and I now have roughly 10 years of juice to wait on. That's right, I have 28,300 batches at 3 hours per batch. Somehow that doesn't excite me too much. I can only hope the IC Factory is better.

Edit: Oops, my math is off. It looks like that number goes down 25 per batch lol. So much for the 10 year thing. Either way, I won't have to pay attention to the juice factory for months.

Also, please pardon my ignorance but what's this about app of the day?

Thanks for the additions though! The game was getting a bit boring.

Old Goat
Apr 13 2010, 10:44 PM
Ok folks I googled it....... here you go

Cranberry Tree: n. 1. a deciduous thicket-forming Old World shrub (Viburnum opulus) with clusters of white flowers and small bright red berries. It is sometimes called high cranberry to distinguish it from the marsh cranberry or low cranberry.

Yes Virginia you do get cranberry Juice from Cranberry Trees

And yes the high bush are used in cooking etc. You don't want to do it in a closed area though, when cooking, high bush cranberries smell like rotten socks. blech

Dalfie
Apr 13 2010, 10:47 PM
The Cranberry Tree, Viburnum, - some of the genus has fruit that is edible, but most is poisonous to people. Viburnum is used frequently as a landscaping plant.

The Cranberry that we see on the market for eating, use for juice, dried cranberries, sauce, etc, is a dwarf shrub or trailing vine, grows in a bog, and is called Vaccinium Oxycoccos. Some plants of the completely unrelated genus Viburnum are sometimes inaccurately called "highbush cranberries".

So, no. Cranberry juice does NOT come from Cranberry Trees.

LeeClements
Apr 13 2010, 10:48 PM
Just want to say thanks for all the updates and additions, love this game can't wait to see whats next. oh and reading these forum threads is always good for a laugh or two love it.

Tony D
Apr 13 2010, 10:53 PM
I'll have to look in to the Ice Cream idea because I used about 1/3 of the Pineapples I had in storage on Juice, and I now have roughly 10 years of juice to wait on. That's right, I have 28,300 batches at 3 hours per batch. Somehow that doesn't excite me too much. I can only hope the IC Factory is better.

Edit: Oops, my math is off. It looks like that number goes down 25 per batch lol. So much for the 10 year thing. Either way, I won't have to pay attention to the juice factory for months.

Also, please pardon my ignorance but what's this about app of the day?

Thanks for the additions though! The game was getting a bit boring.Hi, Application of the day is under Earn Coins a misnomer as you actually earn 2 Farm Cash for downloading it . A lot of us download it - get the farm cash and then delete the application.

BTW have you tried using the "produce Faster" on the juice ? I'm tipping it would be done within a week if you did.

Kornchex
Apr 13 2010, 10:55 PM
I would Tony D but very few of my FB friends play Farm Town any more. Thanks though. Thanks for the tip on the app too.

Icey Farmer
Apr 13 2010, 11:01 PM

Not really. Chocolate goes pretty quick. And I got the Chocolate factory too.

Icey Farmer
Apr 13 2010, 11:05 PM
Great Updates! Love It.

Brizo
Apr 13 2010, 11:09 PM
I don't like posting my facilities thing on my wall either, but I do it. It's a great way to speed things up and make tons of coins fast. You only need to post one facility /hire request - so that's not too bad. . I also delete the day old facilities posts so my wall isn't clutered up with Farm town stuff.

LoreneC
Apr 13 2010, 11:17 PM
I don't like posting my facilities thing on my wall either, but I do it. It's a great way to speed things up and make tons of coins fast. You only need to post one facility /hire request - so that's not too bad. . I also delete the day old facilities posts so my wall isn't clutered up with Farm town stuff.

Same here. Plus I have a group of "gamers". Some don't play FT but they post their games so I include them hoping they will check out FT.

Thanks Devs for the gifts of eggs and cow milk. Now I dont have to overload my farm with animals.

Charo
Apr 13 2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the new stuff!!

JAS0643
Apr 13 2010, 11:56 PM
I saw that you changed the prices in the facilities to show the unit price and the batch price, I like that. I hope it helps people to understand the difference between the two.

amers25
Apr 14 2010, 12:09 AM
love the new pizzas....but i dont see any pigs for ham?

Mr. H
Apr 14 2010, 12:10 AM
I saw that you changed the prices in the facilities to show the unit price and the batch price, I like that. I hope it helps people to understand the difference between the two.

Much needed, IMO. Hopefully that limits the "FT hosed me again" posts.

Pauper's Patch
This game has gotten addicting! I saved my farm cash to buy the flower shop and now, with all these new facilities, I'm wondering if the flower shop could become one, too? We could harvest our flowers to sell!

Old Goat
Does fruit have to be turned into juice before it can be used to make ice cream?

Old Goat
Apr 14 2010, 12:11 AM
This game has gotten addicting! I saved my farm cash to buy the flower shop and now, with all these new facilities, I'm wondering if the flower shop could become one, too? We could harvest our flowers to sell!
Now there's a thought :)

Old Goat
Apr 14 2010, 12:13 AM
love the new pizzas....but i dont see any pigs for ham?
You get the ham as gifts.

amers25
Apr 14 2010, 12:14 AM
ya i know but they dont like gifting that much lol

JAS0643
Apr 14 2010, 12:25 AM

All I have to say on the harvesting of flowers is: The developers better tie it into the tree harvesting. We don't need all the flower huggers yelling MY FLOWERS SOMEONE HARVESTED MY FLOWERS THAT STUPID *SS IDIOT I WISH I HAD A FIRE BUTTON TO FIRE HIM. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_28.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000) The tree huggers where bad enough, I don't want a round 2. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_21.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)

Pauper's Patch
Apr 14 2010, 12:36 AM
All I have to say on the harvesting of flowers is: The developers better tie it into the tree harvesting. We don't need all the flower huggers yelling MY FLOWERS SOMEONE HARVESTED MY FLOWERS THAT STUPID *SS IDIOT I WISH I HAD A FIRE BUTTON TO FIRE HIM. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_28.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000) The tree huggers where bad enough, I don't want a round 2. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_21.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)

Haha, you're right! I guess people would go crazy! Well, maybe we could just be allowed to harvest our own flowers....just as we do our own animals.

Tony D
Apr 14 2010, 12:40 AM
I is a tree and flower hugger :eek:

SueW170
Apr 14 2010, 01:21 AM
I would like to send "help" requests to only my FT Neighbors to work at my flour mill (only Facility I have so far) without the FT requests for help going to FB friends who do not play FT and without being posted on my FB profile. Since most of my FB friends aren't into the games, I avoid letting games post to my profile, filling it with notices not of interest to them.
I read and followed the instructions here for sending Facilities work requests to only selected individuals (unlocked the lock button, chose customize, and entered the name of the FT player to whom I was sending the request). Nonetheless, the request appeared on my profile, from which I removed it.
I don't yet know if the request went to non-Farm Town FB friends, or if, since I removed it from my profile it went to the person addressed.

How can I send a Facilities work request and assure it will get to the person intended, but not to others and not appear in my profile?

SunnyD
Apr 14 2010, 01:27 AM
Oh man see you can't believe everything you google.... now I know more about the Cranberry Trees LOL thank you ........... Feel like a dork now............ Duh....

SueW170
Apr 14 2010, 01:29 AM

Oh, gosh, and I was just about to suggest we be able to harvest our trees, selectively of course since I don't advocate clear cutting. We could buy seedlings in the FT Store and plant them since trees are a renewable resource.
If trees were made harvestable, though, I would prefer only the farm owner be allowed the privilege to harvest them since "employees" might cut 'em all.
And flowers as a crop? Don't see a problem there. Many types of flowers are perennials and the others regrow quickly from seed. So no problem with those who would like to grow flowers & sell them from the flower carts or at the market.

JAS0643
Apr 14 2010, 01:45 AM
Oh, gosh, and I was just about to suggest we be able to harvest our trees, selectively of course since I don't advocate clear cutting. We could buy seedlings in the FT Store and plant them since trees are a renewable resource.
If trees were made harvestable, though, I would prefer only the farm owner be allowed the privilege to harvest them since "employees" might cut 'em all.
And flowers as a crop? Don't see a problem there. Many types of flowers are perennials and the others regrow quickly from seed. So no problem with those who would like to grow flowers & sell them from the flower carts or at the market.

You can harvest trees now. The thing is when the game first came out there was not the separate options for hiring when you hired someone they could harvest your trees. Well a lot of people (I was one of them) didn't want their trees harvested. They wanted the fruit left on the trees for the color. Well some people would harvest the trees no matter what the farmers wishers where and people got very angry about it. Well last fall the developers gave us the 2 different hiring options and trees where no longer a problem. I don't object to the flowers being harvested I just want the developers to either tie it into the trees where people can hire so their flowers are not harvested, or give us 3 hiring options.
The three being:

Harvest everything that is ready (crops, trees, flowers)
Harvest crops and trees (so people can get the trees harvested for the facilities but keep their flowers)
Harvest crops only.

If they do that I'm okay with the flowers being harvested, if people want to harvest them they can have them harvested, if not they can protect them.

kiwirick
Apr 14 2010, 02:14 AM
Big Thanks to Raul and the Devs for their awesome work. Big Kudos to the Mods for their tireless answering the same questions from dumfy's like me. Love the new additions, just now gotta work out what crops I'm going to plant next! A couple of questions tho....... Is FT or FB ever going to change their gift limit? I can only ever send 24 at a time. BUT can send gifts to different neighbours after about 2 hours tho.Is the neighbour limit ever going to increase? Ummmm Sorry Raul, I kinda need a 4th farm, any thoughts as to when that might arrive?. Any thoughts as to when we are going to be able to harvest our own ham? New Levels????? Heh heh heh, Still playing while connected at 28.8k on dialup. Cheers to all! Rick

lulu836
Apr 14 2010, 02:35 AM
Thanks devs for all the new stuff. Now I really don't have time for my "real" life.

I don't see anyplace to post this suggestion so I will do it here. If there IS a place please let me know.

Since we have to have 30 friends for our 3rd farm (I do) shouldn't the daily gifting limit be raised to at least 30 or more so we can get everybody a gift at the same time?

kiwirick
Apr 14 2010, 03:05 AM
Thanks devs for all the new stuff. Now I really don't have time for my "real" life.

I don't see anyplace to post this suggestion so I will do it here. If there IS a place please let me know.

Since we have to have 30 friends for our 3rd farm (I do) shouldn't the daily gifting limit be raised to at least 30 or more so we can get everybody a gift at the same time?

I think it is a facebook/mysoace thing not farmtown thing unfortunately. BUT would love to send all my neighbours a gift at once :) At the moment can send 24 at a time, but can eventually get to all my neighbours during the day. I have at current count 85 neighbours

JAS0643
Apr 14 2010, 03:37 AM
Big Thanks to Raul and the Devs for their awesome work. Big Kudos to the Mods for their tireless answering the same questions from dumfy's like me. Love the new additions, just now gotta work out what crops I'm going to plant next! A couple of questions tho....... Is FT or FB ever going to change their gift limit? I can only ever send 24 at a time. BUT can send gifts to different neighbours after about 2 hours tho.Is the neighbour limit ever going to increase? Ummmm Sorry Raul, I kinda need a 4th farm, any thoughts as to when that might arrive?. Any thoughts as to when we are going to be able to harvest our own ham? New Levels????? Heh heh heh, Still playing while connected at 28.8k on dialup. Cheers to all! Rick

The "official" neighbor limit for FB is 80, but I have 101 neighbors right now and have heard of people with more neighbors then that. Just keep adding them until it will not let you add more. The gift limit is set by fb there is nothing that FT can do about it.

cheekyau
Apr 14 2010, 05:10 AM
Ok I am level 80 and can not find Mango trees anywhere as well as cranberries...

I would also like to see the juice factory to be able to be purchased with coins PLEASE :)

thanks other than me probably being BLIND I love the changes...

JAS0643
Apr 14 2010, 05:14 AM
Ok I am level 80 and can not find Mango trees anywhere as well as cranberries...

I would also like to see the juice factory to be able to be purchased with coins PLEASE :)

thanks other than me probably being BLIND I love the changes...

Cranberry trees are in the tree tab, mango trees are available as gifts.

Inge Jones
Apr 14 2010, 05:14 AM
Are we not going to get a butcher or abattoir for our pigs so we can make ham and pepperoni ourselves?

Inge Jones
Apr 14 2010, 05:19 AM

I sort of agree, I don't think the gift catalogue should include things we can buy or make for ourselves. But I have just put a suggestion in Feedback that as an extra feature we should be able to give our friends stuff out of our own storage. By that I mean it gets deducted from our storage and goes into theirs. That way someone who bought a chocolate factory can help their friends out.

cheekyau
Apr 14 2010, 05:24 AM
Umm thanks told ya I was BLIND .... :)

lynxkay
Apr 14 2010, 07:59 AM
Hi,

Please can we have it that all facilities can be bought with coins and not farm town cash. I cant buy anything else new now :(
Thank you

angelsmiles689
Apr 14 2010, 08:21 AM
All this is wonderful but now we need more levels LOL. Gaining xp's which is great for facility usage but now need more levels. when is that happening next?

tharcicia
Apr 14 2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks Raul, that will keep everyone busy for a while, I hope!! ;-))

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 14 2010, 08:48 AM
Fuel is worth more?! Very cool! l worked for two friends today, for about two minutes, and made 33,288 coins! Wow, l really like those facilities LOL!

When l found out about the new stuff, l went to the gift page and my eyes were blown away by the PRETTY bushels of blueberries! l immediately sent them to everyone including myself at my other farms. l quickly changed accounts and went to accept them and get a good look at the pretty things! l couldn't place it on my farm! Someone went to a lot of work to make beautiful blueberries, and other items, in bushels and it can't be used for decoration. So sad. Of course l haven't looked in the decorations tab yet....opps....

Thanks guys for the awesome free game!!!
Oh, and thanks for keeping pigs our friends. l'm fine with sending soy ham and soy pepperoni to my neighbours LOL!

They aren't for decoration, they are to use in the facilities. Just go in your gift box and click "store" under the blueberries. They then are in your storage.

Gisli
Apr 14 2010, 09:08 AM
I would like to send "help" requests to only my FT Neighbors to work at my flour mill (only Facility I have so far) without the FT requests for help going to FB friends who do not play FT and without being posted on my FB profile. Since most of my FB friends aren't into the games, I avoid letting games post to my profile, filling it with notices not of interest to them.
I read and followed the instructions here for sending Facilities work requests to only selected individuals (unlocked the lock button, chose customize, and entered the name of the FT player to whom I was sending the request). Nonetheless, the request appeared on my profile, from which I removed it.
I don't yet know if the request went to non-Farm Town FB friends, or if, since I removed it from my profile it went to the person addressed.

How can I send a Facilities work request and assure it will get to the person intended, but not to others and not appear in my profile?

The post appears on your profile but only you and the people you sent it to can see it. So if someone of your non-FT friends looks at your profile they won't see your FT posts :)

I have made a list with all my FT playing friends so that I can send all the FT requests to them. None of my other friends know what an FT addict I am :p

TraceyMush
Apr 14 2010, 01:20 PM

l'm not positive here, but...YOU WOULD see it on your profile. Did you ask a friend who was not on your list if they could see it as well?

TraceyMush
Apr 14 2010, 01:36 PM
They aren't for decoration, they are to use in the facilities. Just go in your gift box and click "store" under the blueberries. They then are in your storage.

*Sigh* yes l got that figured out. They would look lovely ON the farm though. The milk canisters up against the dairy shed, the berries and pineapple next to the fields or the house. A basket of eggs next to the porch.
l was dreaming as soon as l saw them! They are after all, very authentic products of our farms.

jo lee
Apr 14 2010, 02:18 PM
is there any chance of uping the levels again plz as im on 80 and cant get any more dollers as u can only get them when u level up ?

lavanah
Apr 14 2010, 02:21 PM
You can get a lot more liquor from having a chocolate factory and don't forget the apps for the day, get your free farm cash everyday, it adds up fast. Thanks Raul for the changes they are great.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 14 2010, 02:38 PM

It's Facebook and Myspace that limit the gifting amount, not FT.

SunnyD
Apr 14 2010, 02:51 PM
not sure where to ask.... but i was told that gift giving would be changed to be sent by email now rather than the way we do it... course it could be only for Zynga games.....As I haven't seen anything in FT about this...... but it could also be a FaceBook thing too.. does anyone know anything about this.. I could of been told wrong also... forgive this post if I was told wrong......

Farmer Storm
Apr 14 2010, 02:56 PM
well,its just my opinon but as i see it if i use this facilities or what the name is,am losing coins,as i have noticed that if i sell pinapples as harvest i get 512 coins a unit/each and if i make pinapple juice i only earn 256 coins so that means i am losing almost half the cash here,so i guess it will only be there from now on as just for the look........

Molly Mew
Apr 14 2010, 03:24 PM
not sure where to ask.... but i was told that gift giving would be changed to be sent by email now rather than the way we do it... course it could be only for Zynga games.....As I haven't seen anything in FT about this...... but it could also be a FaceBook thing too.. does anyone know anything about this.. I could of been told wrong also... forgive this post if I was told wrong......

Facebook are planning to change the whole gifting system starting in May, but haven't given specific details yet. They've already changed the notification process in readiness for a major overhaul. (yes, again) :rolleyes:

Molly Mew
Apr 14 2010, 03:33 PM
well,its just my opinon but as i see it if i use this facilities or what the name is,am losing coins,as i have noticed that if i sell pinapples as harvest i get 512 coins a unit/each and if i make pinapple juice i only earn 256 coins so that means i am losing almost half the cash here,so i guess it will only be there from now on as just for the look........

ALL of the facilities result in a good profit selling produced goods rather than the raw materials. Note that the price per unit shown in storage is not the price per batch.
You need only 5 pineapple plots to sell a batch of 25 units. At 256 coins a unit, the batch sells for 6400 coins.

JAS0643
Apr 14 2010, 03:42 PM

1 field of pineapples will make 5 units of pineapple juice. Each unit sells for 256 coins so 5 units would sell for 1280 coins. After you take 320 off or the seed and plowing cost you make 960 coins for that one field of pineapples.

Facebook are planning to change the whole gifting system starting in May, but haven't given specific details yet. They've already changed the notification process in readiness for a major overhaul. (yes, again) :rolleyes:

I know this is an FB issue, but why do they have to keep changing things around. What is so wrong with the current system, I don't want my email flooded with gift request. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_28.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)

Rautaneito
Apr 14 2010, 04:15 PM

I would love to have a second one, but .... lvl44 !!! This is a bit high. I've been playing for 8 months, daily player, struggling to progress with very little neighbours or help from my friends. Lvl 44 is light years away !

Can this level criteria be lowered in the future? This way progress is really slow and many of my friends quit because of that and switched to Farmville or other games.

ImpureHalo
Apr 14 2010, 04:19 PM
The post appears on your profile but only you and the people you sent it to can see it. So if someone of your non-FT friends looks at your profile they won't see your FT posts :)

I have made a list with all my FT playing friends so that I can send all the FT requests to them. None of my other friends know what an FT addict I am :p

How exactly do you do this? I have tried making lists, but it never seems to work correctly. Could you send me a message explaining how please?

ImpureHalo
Apr 14 2010, 04:23 PM
I would love to have a second one, but .... lvl44 !!! This is a bit high. I've been playing for 8 months, daily player, struggling to progress with very little neighbours or help from my friends. Lvl 44 is light years away !

Can this level criteria be lowered in the future? This way progress is really slow and many of my friends quit because of that and switched to Farmville or other games.

The progress is actually very quick compared to how it used to be. You can go to the market and wait to be hired to plow for other farmers. You will gain experience that way.

When I started playing, that system did not exist. I think I was around 30 something when it finally came out, and then my mother started to play. She had skipped passed my level in about two weeks, what took me months of work, just by working in the market.

jreuab
Apr 14 2010, 04:39 PM
The Ice Cream factory sells cranberry Ice Cream. Where can I buy cranberries, or grow or gift? What's going on with that? Thank you.

jreuab
Apr 14 2010, 04:51 PM
The Ice Cream factory sells cranberry Ice Cream. Where can I buy cranberries, or grow or gift? What's going on with that? Thank you.

Never mind, I never dreamed that developers would make a cranberry TREE, since they grow in the water on a "bushy" type of a plant. Weird.

katiecakes
Apr 14 2010, 05:38 PM
I never dreamed that developers would make a cranberry TREE, since they grow in the water on a "bushy" type of a plant. Weird.

Well many of the things grown are totally wrong. My favorite is mushroom seeds... mushrooms are fungi that grow usually in the dark or underground. HAHA.

cvh
Apr 14 2010, 06:01 PM
Can anyone help me, my chicken coop, manor and dairy plant are not loading on the second farm, it just says retrying..

SunnyD
Apr 14 2010, 06:23 PM
sometimes if you can't visibly see items on your farm you know that you have.... check to be sure that in your options under the wrench have "show buildings" checked... if that is good there empty your cache and leave farm town and return and they will be visible again....

alemap
Apr 14 2010, 06:26 PM
Love the new stuff!!!! you can still get more chocolate liquor then others if you have the factory. Any chance of new levels coming soon???

SueHacker
Apr 14 2010, 06:37 PM

On facebook look at the upper right corner. Go to Account, then to Privacy Settings. Click on that. Then click on Profile Info. Upper right corner will have a Preview My Profile. Click. Next page will be your basic profile. Top line will say "Preview how your profile appears to a specific person." Test it out on Farmtown users and non farmtown users to satisfy yourself the post is appearing only where you want it.

earlgray
Apr 14 2010, 06:47 PM
On facebook look at the upper right corner. Go to Account, then to Privacy Settings. Click on that. Then click on Profile Info. Upper right corner will have a Preview My Profile. Click. Next page will be your basic profile. Top line will say "Preview how your profile appears to a specific person." Test it out on Farmtown users and non farmtown users to satisfy yourself the post is appearing only where you want it.

Thank you SO MUCH for answering this question. I have been using the customize option with a list of my FT neighbors, but was also wondering if this really worked so that others didn't see my FT posts. Using your instructions I was able to check it out and verify that it works exactly as it should. Thanks again!!!

Bearroo007
Apr 14 2010, 06:49 PM
Is there anyway to move animals to your second farm? I'm trying to put my wool shed and dairy shed on the second farm, but all my animals are on the first. HELP!

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 14 2010, 06:53 PM
Is there anyway to move animals to your second farm? I'm trying to put my wool shed and dairy shed on the second farm, but all my animals are on the first. HELP!

Nope sorry. But friends can gift you animals and you open them on the second farm.

sydbynitesangel
Apr 14 2010, 07:38 PM
OK, the changes are nice but now we can't send gifts...what's up with that? It keeps telling me to select a gift or go to my farm...fix this...

New to This
Apr 14 2010, 10:26 PM
I would appreciate someone telling how in Hades I am to play this game when every time I try to access my gifts my - blooming -- avatar tells me -- I'm busy.
When I try to access my factories -- my avatar tells me -- I'm busy.
I log out log, back in , refresh, go to home -- nothing seems to work since this last upgrade.
OMG the new gifts are awesome. so much better than getting the animals, etc.
But, if I cannot play the game -- of what use to me are they.
Please, will someone help me????????

merianb
Apr 14 2010, 10:34 PM
I would appreciate someone telling how in Hades I am to play this game when every time I try to access my gifts my - blooming -- avatar tells me -- I'm busy.
When I try to access my factories -- my avatar tells me -- I'm busy.
I log out log, back in , refresh, go to home -- nothing seems to work since this last upgrade.
OMG the new gifts are awesome. so much better than getting the animals, etc.
But, if I cannot play the game -- of what use to me are they.
Please, will someone help me????????

I'm having the same issues. I was on server wf44 earlier. I'm now on wf31 and getting booted while working on a neighbors farm.

Witch Hazel
Apr 15 2010, 01:48 AM
I looooooovvvvveeee the new stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FT went from being hohum boring --level up to get the decoration you want--- to being active-creative-thinking again!!!!!!! LLLLLOOOOVVVEEE IT! I'M BACK!

Witch Hazel
Apr 15 2010, 01:52 AM
hey....I'll never get the chocolate factory,,,but if I can get a choco liquer once in awhile that's lovely!!!! I have plenty of cocoa trees and no hope of ever being able to produce the liquor.......I think for those that have the choco factories anyone getting a measly gift of choco liquor is no big deal. Play your game.

ThomTel
Apr 15 2010, 02:02 AM
Just how does one harvest the trees now???

doll1234
Apr 15 2010, 03:27 AM
I love all that you have done with improving Farm Town. It's wonderful. :) I notice a lot more of my neighbors getting back into the game. Being retired I have a lot of time on my hands but now I can hardly keep up with my three farms. It's great!! To hell with housework!! :D

Anyway, I have a question about getting the ingredients as gifts. If we can't use the ingredients right away do we keep them in the gift box or do we store them at the market with the rest of the things we sell? I'm not to clear on this part?? :confused:

Thank you.

Facebook
IE 8
Windows XP

Joan (level 80) ;)

Molly Mew
Apr 15 2010, 03:34 AM
I love all that you have done with improving Farm Town. It's wonderful. :) I notice a lot more of my neighbors getting back into the game. Being retired I have a lot of time on my hands but now I can hardly keep up with my three farms. It's great!! To hell with housework!! :D

Anyway, I have a question about getting the ingredients as gifts. If we can't use the ingredients right away do we keep them in the gift box or do we store them at the market with the rest of the things we sell? I'm not to clear on this part?? :confused:

Thank you.

Facebook
IE 8
Windows XP

Joan (level 80) ;)

You can do either.
Open the gift box and hover over the picture of the food item. Where other gifts say 'use' and 'more', these will say 'store' and 'more'. Click the store button and the item is moved to storage ready to be used. :)

free1indeed
Apr 15 2010, 09:39 AM
I just went to make some coffee ice cream and it said I had to have "ground" coffee. I went to my windmil and only flour shows in there. HOW do I get "ground" coffee?:confused::confused:

free1indeed
Apr 15 2010, 09:41 AM
Just how does one harvest the trees now???

With the harvest sickle

LoreneC
Apr 15 2010, 09:45 AM
I just went to make some coffee ice cream and it said I had to have "ground" coffee. I went to my windmil and only flour shows in there. HOW do I get "ground" coffee?:confused::confused:

Ground coffee is in the gifts. You can ask your neighbors to send it to you.

jesdreher
Apr 15 2010, 09:45 AM
I have to say, these facilities are genius. Previously, I would plant a bunch of rosemary and visit my farm every 3rd day to harvest/replant. These facilities have really breathed new life into the game and I *love* it! Now I check on my farms multiple times a day. This is probably not a good thing...LOL. Keep those facilities coming! The worst thing about them is that I keep having to rearrange my farm to make room! Not a bad problem to have. Now let's just find a way to incorporate the herbs. Maybe a spice/herb factory?

Thanks so much for your continued efforts!
Farmer Jessica

Textmum
Apr 15 2010, 09:56 AM
I have to say, these facilities are genius. Previously, I would plant a bunch of rosemary and visit my farm every 3rd day to harvest/replant. These facilities have really breathed new life into the game and I *love* it! Now I check on my farms multiple times a day. This is probably not a good thing...LOL. Keep those facilities coming! The worst thing about them is that I keep having to rearrange my farm to make room! Not a bad problem to have. Now let's just find a way to incorporate the herbs. Maybe a spice/herb factory?

Thanks so much for your continued efforts!
Farmer Jessica

I totally agree I was doing the same, planting rosemary and returning every three days, hardly visiting neighbours, now its as if the game has come to life. Trouble is I now need a 4th farm!!

lavanah
Apr 15 2010, 10:02 AM
The herbs could have an essential oils factory. And what about the the wool. Are we going to have a garment factory? This is two fun.

SunnyD
Apr 15 2010, 10:32 AM
yes garment factory.... My overalls are falling apart.. of course the male farmers do like that idea.......

free1indeed
Apr 15 2010, 11:43 AM
Ground coffee is in the gifts. You can ask your neighbors to send it to you.

Then why do I plant coffee? It needs to be ground in the windmill.:mad:

Nobar King
Apr 15 2010, 12:08 PM
When can I buy a taqueria for all my rice and corn?

Old Goat
Apr 15 2010, 12:13 PM
yes garment factory.... My overalls are falling apart.. of course the male farmers do like that idea.......
The garment factory can wait ;)

JAS0643
Apr 15 2010, 12:14 PM
Then why do I plant coffee? It needs to be ground in the windmill.:mad:

Keep that coffee Raul hinted that there will be another way to get ground coffee soon. :D

Old Goat
Apr 15 2010, 12:16 PM
When can I buy a taqueria for all my rice and corn?
Thats a great idea! So much can be used along that line. mmmmmmm taquitos!

LoreneC
Apr 15 2010, 12:16 PM
Hey Devs! I know it wasnt a big feature but getting five flowers with gifts sure is nice. I like the way they all come out at once too! Thank you.;)

SunnyD
Apr 15 2010, 12:17 PM
uhh then we would need ground beef, and sour cream, and lettuce.... but would be able to use the tomatoes.......

daelia
Apr 15 2010, 12:27 PM
where are the willow trees that we could send as gifts?

SunnyD
Apr 15 2010, 12:46 PM
they have moved to the store under the trees tab now.........guess they had to make room for the new things under gifts........

JAS0643
Apr 15 2010, 12:47 PM
Hey Devs! I know it wasnt a big feature but getting five flowers with gifts sure is nice. I like the way they all come out at once too! Thank you.;)

I'm wondering if there is a reason for that change, like we will be able to do something with the flowers soon. Honey would be nice.

where are the willow trees that we could send as gifts?

In the store level 13 to buy.

alexlbs
Apr 15 2010, 01:07 PM
Never mind, I never dreamed that developers would make a cranberry TREE, since they grow in the water on a "bushy" type of a plant. Weird.

I think you must be dreaming! There is no cranberry ice cream in the ice cream factory!!!! But there is cranberry juice in the juice factory!!!!!!!! :p

lavanah
Apr 15 2010, 01:22 PM
Honey from the flowers what a good idea.

servocrow
Apr 15 2010, 01:24 PM
All this fuss about how what grows where...I just planted my mushroom seeds..and just PROUDLY bought my first dozen cranberry trees last night. If I want realism in my gardening, I'll go outside--I'll have to deal with that soon enough. ;D

kpoledra
Apr 15 2010, 02:37 PM
I am thrilled with the new facilities! But I have a problem - something seems to be buggy just for me - I take things out of my gift box, but the number never goes down. And now it says the box is full and I can't get anymore gifts - but there is nothing in there. :( I posted this elsewhere under Help & Support... has anyone else had this problem? I would love to be able to get more cows to make more ice cream....

Rudyskid
Apr 15 2010, 03:07 PM
I really wish we could buy the coconut and cherry trees- there's enough other stuff to gift now and potential for that to increase as well.

Yes, please - I'd love to be able to buy coconut trees - needed cherry trees a while back, and it was a pain begging my neighbors for them. Very few FT players really think about individual gifts since it's so much easier AND faster to select one gift for all.

JAS0643
Apr 15 2010, 05:17 PM
I am thrilled with the new facilities! But I have a problem - something seems to be buggy just for me - I take things out of my gift box, but the number never goes down. And now it says the box is full and I can't get anymore gifts - but there is nothing in there. :( I posted this elsewhere under Help & Support... has anyone else had this problem? I would love to be able to get more cows to make more ice cream....

Try clearing your cache.

Roy Duncan
Apr 15 2010, 05:31 PM

I managed to "Buy" the chocolate factory with credits that I earned from playing the game. Wish I was able to use hard cash, but pension does not extend to that. I enjoy the game , gives me another faction in my old life.

TraceyMush
Apr 15 2010, 05:50 PM
l've searched the last 10 pages or so and before that l was at the April 3rd update page. l'm sorry 'cause l know you've covered this somewhere....
l know how to make the friend lists on FB. l can't seem to find though how to post for help in the facilities and customise who sees that.
l'd really appreciate it if someone will explain how/where/when to customise who sees the help requests. lt's for my aunt. (For myself, l'm not worried about 'bothering people with my game'. 99% of my friends are Internet people and game players!)

Rudyskid
Apr 15 2010, 06:04 PM

They're handing out free chocolate liquor IF you can get your neighbors to gift it to you - if I hadn't bought the factory, I'd never have any chocolate liquor. Unfortunately, my neighbors - as nice as they may be - tend to pick one gift for all, despite requests for specific items. So I think we need both options.:)

Spock55
Apr 15 2010, 06:52 PM
Hey there,

More Pizzas:

More Juices:
Tomato Juice
Cranberry Juice

Chocolate Ice cream
Strawberry Ice cream
Mango Ice cream
Pineapple Ice cream
Coconut Ice cream

We are now showing the Unit Price (as well as the Batch Price) for each product on the facility window to avoid some confusion.

Thanks

Enjoy!

--Raul
Thanks for the update mate, great job, everyting seems to be working really well. I have a problem that my server is dropping out and all the work I do on farms is not being seen by the farmer im working for. How do i fix this very irratating problem any help would appreciated.

amberdh
Apr 15 2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the update mate, great job, everyting seems to be working really well. I have a problem that my server is dropping out and all the work I do on farms is not being seen by the farmer im working for. How do i fix this very irratating problem any help would appreciated.

Hi there :) What do you mean "dropping out". Are you getting coins when you work for people? Make sure that your cache is being cleared regularly and that your flashplayer is up to date.

Roma
Apr 16 2010, 12:35 AM
We need a textile mill for the cotton, llama and sheep wool harvests. Incorporate the herbs, artichokes and bell peppers into the pizzas (veggie/supreme). Is there a way to make cranberries giftable? Out of 30 friends, i think only one is over level 73, and I don't think she grows cranberries.

Thanks, Raul, devs, for making FT new for me again! I am really enjoying the new changes!

gomh
Apr 16 2010, 07:52 AM
can't see people in marketplace and when trying to hire neighbors, they sometimes cannot be seen when they visit my farms. we refresh, skip from farm to farm and try everything, and this is soooo frustrating. as last resort, i shut down farm town and facebook and reopen everything ... sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't ... hope that can be fixed because it ruins the fun the game is supposed to give us

kpoledra
Apr 16 2010, 08:51 AM
Try clearing your cache.

I've cleared the cache, downloaded an updated version of flash, rebooted... even tried a different browser (that had never been used for FB/FT), no luck. Still tells me the gift box is full, but there's nothing there when I open it. :(

Molly Mew
Apr 16 2010, 09:10 AM
I've cleared the cache, downloaded an updated version of flash, rebooted... even tried a different browser (that had never been used for FB/FT), no luck. Still tells me the gift box is full, but there's nothing there when I open it. :(

I don't know if this will help, but I've cleaned up your farm data.

For future reference, your farm ID is 1183414437 so you need to change your link. :)

zanotab
Apr 16 2010, 10:23 AM
This is a sea change for the factories, and its not a positive one. let me explain:

When the factories first started up, they encouraged you to grow crops which were not the most profitable for their maturity - i.e. blueberries, onions, tomatoes. This was an excellent future indicator as it provided choices and variety- an increased depth of gameplay.

With the additions to the juice factory, the ice cream factory and the pizza factory, the emphasis is back onto producing pineapples for all three plants to make the most money...and pineapples were already the most profitable crop before the factories existed.

The temporary diverse marketplace dynamic is coming to an end, soon all the maximized farms will be just pineapples cows and the occasional sugar rotation.

Slashkey- I would love to help you with this. I have a master's in economics of competitive simulations and I would enjoy helping out for just portfolio building. I can be contacted via PM's, and I'll send in resumee material within the week as well.

palantir, i read the entire thread and didn't see anyone reply to your post. i think you make a very good point.... i stopped playing for a long time because i didn't see the point of planting anything but pineapples and sage (the most profitable 1-day crop at the time). so i was thrilled when they introduced the factories that encouraged planting varied crops. but the thing is, i suspect most people (at least the higher level-ed people) don't really care too much about "profit" anymore, and end up just planting what they like. people who are at high levels probably have millions of coins saved up with not enough things to spend it on anyway.

but i like the way you think :)

JAS0643
Apr 16 2010, 10:46 AM

Pineapples where never the most profitable crop out there it was raspberries. If you just want to look at 3 day crops rosemary was more profitable then pineapples. You make 3 more coins form rosemary then you do for pineapples. Now as for the facilities yes they may make pineapples more profitable but they are not the only big money maker out there. Also I can only speak for my self but I have always planted whatever crop caught my eye when planting. Once you get several million coins, the coins don't matter that much and you plant what crops you like to plant.

Macshelly
Apr 16 2010, 10:58 AM
I love all the new facilities and am having a blast playing around, moving stuff around to fit them, etc!
I have a suggestion though...more of a wish: I think it would be helpful, when you're in a facility and choosing stuff to produce, if there could be a little number showing how many you have on hand.
Say for example I'm in the juice bar and making tomato juice, but I want to make sure I hold enough back for pizza....it'd really be helpful to make sure I don't over produce the tomato juice. Does that make sense?
Anyway, love the game and thank you to all the hardworking developers!

Mr. H
Apr 16 2010, 01:13 PM

I have all the facilities and I can tell you without question that pineapples are nice but they are not the key to great profits from your facilites.

In fact, if I had to chose one crop from a pure profit prospective it would be grapes. I can grow several cycles of grapes (and I do) in the time it takes to harvest one cycle of pineapples. Four cycles of grapes (16 hours) is more profitable than one cycle of pineapples (60 hours) Processing time in the juice facility isn't relevant now because of neighbors ability to speed the processing time.

Pizza and ice cream both use pineapples, and very profitably, but you are limited by other ingrediants, milk and cheese among them. I can grow all the pineapples I want but it won't do me any good if I can't come up with the other things I need. Cheese is the toughest since it can't be gifted.

Actually, the opposite of what you are suggesting has been happening. Crops that have been ignored for months now are coming back in fashion. I've seen more grapes, wheat and tomatoes growing than I have since I first started playing the game.

PRT
Apr 16 2010, 01:22 PM
All I do is turn wheat into flour, and after some initial confusion on my part (and then with help from this forum,) I really like it. From a pure profit margin viewpoint, it's a good investment on $85 worth of wheat.

kpoledra
Apr 16 2010, 01:22 PM
I don't know if this will help, but I've cleaned up your farm data.

For future reference, your farm ID is 1183414437 so you need to change your link. :)

Sorry about the typo in my farm ID. Thank you for correcting it, and cleaning up the data. Unfortunately, I re-cleared my cache, and my gift box still claims it is full... any other suggestions?

-kpoledra

TraceyMush
Apr 16 2010, 07:49 PM
Regarding the facilities and posting help requests:

Will someone specify how/where to list who you want to see the request?

l already know how to do friend lists. What l need to know is at what point and where l will be able to customize the requests to one of the lists, that is, FT.

carla6979
Apr 16 2010, 08:39 PM
are you going to make a chocolate factory and juice that we can buy with coins?

Mr. H
Apr 16 2010, 09:39 PM

l already know how to do friend lists. What l need to know is at what point and where l will be able to customize the requests to one of the lists, that is, FT.

When you are about to post you will see a little "lock" icon next to the publish button. click on that and then "customize" and "specific people" then enter the name of your list.

Hope this helps.

AustinN
Apr 16 2010, 09:41 PM

When the wall post comes up for you to click on publish, there is a lock at the bottom. Click on that then click on customize, now in the top drop down box choose specific people. A box will come up for you to type in people's names, type the name of the list of friend you have made in. Now click on save (you may have to hit the tab key to be able to see save). Now click on publish and only the people on that list will see that wall post. This will have to be done every time you post for help, but you only need to post for one facility a day. One facility post gives them the right to work in all facilities on all farms.

quanahjoan
Apr 16 2010, 09:48 PM
Why have you taken mushrooms off the plants to grow and added them to gifts? I have neighbors but they are either inactive or lazy. This is most distressing that industrious farmers are penalized for their neighbors lack of interest in maintaining their farm! Grrrrrrr Please do something.

julianne4141
Apr 16 2010, 10:06 PM

I'd like a refund back on that Choclate Factory[/QUOTE]

Oh Please you get more producing them than just 50. A lot of the buildings that are Farm Cash never did anything. They are making a good game for us and actually compared to other games they don't charge much. They have to have something to keep going and giving us new stuff.

Tony D
Apr 16 2010, 11:30 PM
Why have you taken mushrooms off the plants to grow and added them to gifts? I have neighbors but they are either inactive or lazy. This is most distressing that industrious farmers are penalized for their neighbors lack of interest in maintaining their farm! Grrrrrrr Please do something.Hi, you can still grow Mushrooms -

ThomTel
Apr 17 2010, 03:57 AM
Have not been able to harvest trees. Is this something new? I can't find any info on this.:confused:

SunnyD
Apr 17 2010, 04:56 AM
are you talking about on your own farm? or on someone else's farm? You can be hired to harvest crops only...... if in that case then you can't harvest trees....

Mr. H
Apr 17 2010, 08:26 AM
Have not been able to harvest trees. Is this something new? I can't find any info on this.:confused:

I've harvested 100's the last couple of days without issue. All on my own farm. Some I did myself and some I hired someone to do them.

ThomTel
Apr 17 2010, 10:09 AM
I have no 'harvest' command in my tree menu...anybody have any ideas???

candlelight
Apr 17 2010, 10:15 AM
I have no 'harvest' command in my tree menu...anybody have any ideas???

Hello Thom.

You need to first click on the harvest tool (looks like a scythe) in the lower right hand corner of your farm screen and then you can harvest trees or ripe crops.

Phoenix Granny
Apr 17 2010, 11:03 AM

lol, this is so true and i just fully upgraded the third and really need more of everything...cows, hens, would love to be able to buy the chocolate factory with coins, but i guess it would cost a bezillion coins if they ever did that...but a fourth farm would be nice....:D:D:D

gomh
Apr 17 2010, 11:27 AM
you can buy cranberry trees

sszymarek
Apr 17 2010, 01:01 PM
There is a problem with receiving gifts. When a gift is sent about half of them cannot be retreived. When you click accept the gift never appears and we get directed to the farm screen. This is so maddening because I have lost so many cows and trees because of this problem. I ask in messages if others are having problems and many are. Some are getting as frustrated as I am. Can you look into this problem. Thanks

Molly Mew
Apr 17 2010, 04:09 PM
There is a problem with receiving gifts. When a gift is sent about half of them cannot be retreived. When you click accept the gift never appears and we get directed to the farm screen. This is so maddening because I have lost so many cows and trees because of this problem. I ask in messages if others are having problems and many are. Some are getting as frustrated as I am. Can you look into this problem. Thanks

I always get directed straight to the farm screen when I accept gifts.
Are you clicking on the gift box to see if the gifts are there?

SunnyD
Apr 17 2010, 05:41 PM
i found out a while back the reason I was loosing gifts was I hadn't been waiting for the accept gifts page to fully load.......then it would only send me to my farm..... that first part where you click to accept or ignore the gift......in firefox you have a green activity type light up bar........ if that is still green you loose gifts and or neighbor requests......
I use Face book...... so it could be different if your on My Space.......

Molly Mew
Apr 17 2010, 05:48 PM
i found out a while back the reason I was loosing gifts was I hadn't been waiting for the accept gifts page to fully load.......then it would only send me to my farm..... that first part where you click to accept or ignore the gift......in firefox you have a green activity type light up bar........ if that is still green you loose gifts and or neighbor requests......
I use Face book...... so it could be different if your on My Space.......

That's useful information, Sleepy. Many thanks. :)

SusieBabe
Apr 17 2010, 09:01 PM

Well Farm town doesn't know that cranberries grow in bogs...LOL so they put out a cranberry tree of all things! You can purchase it at the store.

Makes me laugh every time I see mine.

JAS0643
Apr 17 2010, 09:08 PM
Well Farm town doesn't know that cranberries grow in bogs...LOL so they put out a cranberry tree of all things! You can purchase it at the store.

Makes me laugh every time I see mine.

Well there is such a thing as a cranberry trees the "cranberries" from the trees are not the ones you eat.

Mr. H
Apr 17 2010, 09:18 PM
Psst...hey...don't tell anyone...but...it's a game...it's not real!

Old Goat
Apr 17 2010, 11:08 PM
Psst...hey...don't tell anyone...but...it's a game...it's not real!
Not real???? I'm not a multi millionaire???? ****. Wonder if I can get my job back!!
Love all the new stuff devs.
P.S.
The cranberry tree was a great idea, especially since we don't have bogs. Yes, the cranberry tree fruit is edible, but you don't want to be around when its being cooked.
Not real...hmph....wherever did you get such an idea Mr. H?? :D

SunnyD
Apr 18 2010, 12:09 AM
Dumb Question #254.........ok are you never supposed to sell your strawberry, pineapple etc...... just always keep it for the facilities??? you make more on them than just selling them in the market as is..... but does there come a time when you can't process the ones that you do have in storage therefore need to sell them?? ((as I said it's a dumb ??))

BrookeB
Apr 18 2010, 01:01 AM
Dumb Question #254.........ok are you never supposed to sell your strawberry, pineapple etc...... just always keep it for the facilities??? you make more on them than just selling them in the market as is..... but does there come a time when you can't process the ones that you do have in storage therefore need to sell them?? ((as I said it's a dumb ??))

Yeah, I've thought about that, too. I have more than 8 million worth of pineapples in storage. I don't have the juice factory (not enough FC) so my only use for pineapples is yogurt, and Hawaiian pizza if someone would just send me some ham. But, hey, I'm making a killing on all my facilities, so I don't really care. :D

Old Goat
Apr 18 2010, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I've thought about that, too. I have more than 8 million worth of pineapples in storage. I don't have the juice factory (not enough FC) so my only use for pineapples is yogurt, and Hawaiian pizza if someone would just send me some ham. But, hey, I'm making a killing on all my facilities, so I don't really care. :D
There is also pineapple ice cream, but with the yogurt that takes a lot of milk.
Stockpile the pineapples and grow something else. Nice to have that many, a long crop to grow if you need it. Now you can stockpile another crop :D

Old Goat
Apr 18 2010, 02:00 AM
Keep what you have for facilities, they will be good for as long as you have them. Nice to have all that in stock,grow something else you need in the meantime.

BrookeB
Apr 18 2010, 05:40 AM
There is also pineapple ice cream, but with the yogurt that takes a lot of milk.
Stockpile the pineapples and grow something else. Nice to have that many, a long crop to grow if you need it. Now you can stockpile another crop :D

Actually, I was wrong. There is no pineapple yogurt (though it would be a nice addition). It's the pineapple ice cream that I make. So I have enough pineapple now to make everything under the sun for the next 5 years. :D You're right about stockpiling a different crop. I'm starting to build my stockpile of coffee, hoping beyond hope that soon we'll be able to grind coffee. :D Wish there was something to use the peppers for--I've got 12M of those in storage! :p

Tony D
Apr 18 2010, 07:31 AM

Makes me laugh every time I see mine.Makes me cry :eek:

Capriherb
Apr 18 2010, 08:22 AM
I want to plant a few crops on my main farm, but right now it is full of all my animals. I realize that for whatever reason we can't move them from farm to farm, so my question is, can I move the facilities to one of my other farms and still have my animals be part of the harvesting process from the main farm?
I actually did sit here and read the full thread, but don't see the answer anywhere.
Thanks for all the updates! I was one of those who visited my farm 2 times a week to harvest and sell and redecorated a few times a year. Now I'm back to my addiction! LOL :D :o :)

candlelight
Apr 18 2010, 08:51 AM
I want to plant a few crops on my main farm, but right now it is full of all my animals. I realize that for whatever reason we can't move them from farm to farm, so my question is, can I move the facilities to one of my other farms and still have my animals be part of the harvesting process from the main farm?
I actually did sit here and read the full thread, but don't see the answer anywhere.
Thanks for all the updates! I was one of those who visited my farm 2 times a week to harvest and sell and redecorated a few times a year. Now I'm back to my addiction! LOL :D :o :)

Hi Capri.

The facilities that are required to harvest your animals (chicken coop, dairy shed and wool shed) must be on the same farm as the associated animals.

All other facilities use what they need to produce their products from the items you have in your crop storage area. Since you can access the crop storage from any of your farms, the other facilities can be anywhere you'd like.

PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT try to move any facility until it is completely empty. Placing a facility in storage will re-set it and you will lose all pending and done products.

Hope that helps. :)

Capriherb
Apr 18 2010, 08:54 AM
Hi Capri.

The facilities that are required to harvest your animals (chicken coop, dairy shed and wool shed) must be on the same farm as the associated animals.

All other facilities use what they need to produce their products from the items you have in your crop storage area. Since you can access the crop storage from any of your farms, the other facilities can be anywhere you'd like.

PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT try to move any facility until it is completely empty. Placing a facility in storage will re-set it and you will lose all pending and done products.

Hope that helps. :)
Thank you so much for your answer. I guess I'm stuck then as I have hundreds of critters on my main farm. I'd sure like to move them all to one of my other farms though.... (hint, hint).
Can you give me the thought process behind not being able to store and move our critters?

SunnyD
Apr 18 2010, 11:03 AM
Am I nuts or has the harvest time changed (takes longer) for the chicken coops since this last update...... Aren't the chicken coop and dairy farm supposed to be able to be harvested every 8 hours? Just to see I wrote down what time I harvested this morning....... checking them both during the day yesterday the dairy farm was always a head......but i hadn't wrote it down to be sure......we shall see what happens......

tater1958
Apr 18 2010, 12:33 PM
I check my gift box & it is not full....every time I click to receieve a gift I then get taken back to my homepage & no gift. I am able to send gifts to my neighbors but have not been able to receieve for three weeks. Thanks for any help you can give.

candlelight
Apr 18 2010, 12:50 PM
Thank you so much for your answer. I guess I'm stuck then as I have hundreds of critters on my main farm. I'd sure like to move them all to one of my other farms though.... (hint, hint).
Can you give me the thought process behind not being able to store and move our critters?

Capri, I'm afraid the thought processes of our developers are a total mystery to me. If you'd like to pop over to the Feedback and Suggestions forum you can add your voice to those asking for the ability to move their animals. :)

Am I nuts or has the harvest time changed (takes longer) for the chicken coops since this last update...... Aren't the chicken coop and dairy farm supposed to be able to be harvested every 8 hours? Just to see I wrote down what time I harvested this morning....... checking them both during the day yesterday the dairy farm was always a head......but i hadn't wrote it down to be sure......we shall see what happens......

Sleepy, the chicken coop has always been one day between harvests. It was only the dairy shed that was changed to 8 hours between harvests. :)

Old Goat
Apr 18 2010, 12:58 PM
Actually, I was wrong. There is no pineapple yogurt (though it would be a nice addition). It's the pineapple ice cream that I make. So I have enough pineapple now to make everything under the sun for the next 5 years. :D You're right about stockpiling a different crop. I'm starting to build my stockpile of coffee, hoping beyond hope that soon we'll be able to grind coffee. :D Wish there was something to use the peppers for--I've got 12M of those in storage! :p
I'm saving the coffee crops too.
12M peppers??? :eek:

Wendums
Apr 18 2010, 02:22 PM
Any chance of getting a trading post? These factories/restaurants are great, but allot of people don't have the time or effort to not only keep these factories running, but to plant everything that needs to be planted to make them run, all at the same time.. It would be great to have a place for "us farmers" to trade with "other farmers" our extra commodities for what they have, an exchange.. Think this would really add a fun dimension to the game :)

Don't get me wrong, the gifting is great.. Just think this would be a whole lot of fun to barter with others...

SunnyD
Apr 18 2010, 02:59 PM
Duh! I could of looked in the store at the "Chicken Coop" and gotten my answer.... What can I say... just never needed so many eggs I guess....... Maybe they will increase the harvest capabilities on the "Chicken Coop" soon.....I can wish lol lol

SueW170
Apr 18 2010, 03:07 PM
Any chance of getting a trading post? These factories/restaurants are great, but allot of people don't have the time or effort to not only keep these factories running, but to plant everything that needs to be planted to make them run, all at the same time.. It would be great to have a place for "us farmers" to trade with "other farmers" our extra commodities for what they have, an exchange.. Think this would really add a fun dimension to the game :)

Don't get me wrong, the gifting is great.. Just think this would be a whole lot of fun to barter with others...
I like your suggestion, Wendums. Since most of my FB friends aren't into Farm Town, the gifting is a slow process and when I get more facilities (only have room for the mill now) I'll need those extra products and will have crops to trade for things I'm not going to use in facilities.

Capriherb
Apr 18 2010, 04:44 PM
Capri, I'm afraid the thought processes of our developers are a total mystery to me. If you'd like to pop over to the Feedback and Suggestions forum you can add your voice to those asking for the ability to move their animals. :)

Sleepy, the chicken coop has always been one day between harvests. It was only the dairy shed that was changed to 8 hours between harvests. :)

Thanks! I'll do just that!

josevi
Apr 18 2010, 05:04 PM
Probando mi link

Capriherb
Apr 18 2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks! I'll do just that!

I added my 2 cents worth (which is about all I have!)

Charo
Apr 18 2010, 08:17 PM
I too like the trading post idea, or some semi-automated auction that would exchange coins for items produced. I'd been pondering it for some time but a trading post is the best articulation for the idea so far.

grannyshellywelly
Apr 19 2010, 08:53 AM
can we have a place where we can check the latest virus scams going around..i have looked everywhere.i have just received a note while playing and apparently if i send this note to 10 other people i will get dollars to spend.this is supposed to have come from farmtown..im fed up with this rubbish going around.people should get a life and stop trying to ruin others..i know this message is not in the right place but had no idea where to post it..

candlelight
Apr 19 2010, 09:04 AM
can we have a place where we can check the latest virus scams going around..i have looked everywhere.i have just received a note while playing and apparently if i send this note to 10 other people i will get dollars to spend.this is supposed to have come from farmtown..im fed up with this rubbish going around.people should get a life and stop trying to ruin others..i know this message is not in the right place but had no idea where to post it..

Hello granny.

We do have an advisory thread on these. You can find it here:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221638

beezer2
Apr 19 2010, 09:42 AM
I wish they would extend the level's ...when they went from 60 to 80 i was put right to 80...i like the challenge of getting the xp points and seeing how far off i am to the next level.....can you make the level's go to 100 and eveyone that is at 80 leave them there so they have the challenge again to the next level

4mykidos
Apr 19 2010, 10:45 AM
I have to agree on the chocolate comment

JAS0643
Apr 19 2010, 01:40 PM
I wish they would extend the level's ...when they went from 60 to 80 i was put right to 80...i like the challenge of getting the xp points and seeing how far off i am to the next level.....can you make the level's go to 100 and eveyone that is at 80 leave them there so they have the challenge again to the next level

First we just got new levels so it will probably be a while before we get more, if we do get more levels. Second you can't leave people at the old level if they have the xps to reach a new level that would be like saying all the work you have done in the last few months was for nothing. I understand where you are coming from on moving from one top level to the next. It happened to me when levels 35-60 came out then again when 61-80 came out, but like I said I don't wan to do all that work for nothing. Look at it this way. They come out with cool new stuff for the new levels and I can't buy any of it because they didn't give me or count the xps I have earned for the last few months, so now I have to earn them all over again. I would not be happy if they did that. I have just come to the conclusion that unless I stop playing for a while, I will always be at the top level. I just have to accept that and enjoy the fact that when new items come out I can buy them as soon as they come out.