PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- April 20, 2010

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Apr 19 2010, 11:13 PM
Hey there,

We just released a couple of new features:

1. There is help system now available in the game for people that don't understand how to operate the facilities and harvesting animals. You can see the help from several palces:

a. Click on the facility and select Help from the Menu
b. Click on the Help button on the Facility window
c. Click on the Help button on the Facility Tab on the Store

2. We moved the Semi-Trailer Truck which was previously on the Decoration category to the Tools category, this truck will allow you to Order products that can not be produced on the farm, like Ham, Pepperoni and other things in the future like chicken and meat.

Notice that it consumes fuel to operate, and it works similar to the facilities, you have a tab to place Orders (Things to Order), and then another tab to monitor the status ('What's In Transit').

It also contains a Help system in case you need more information.

More facilities comming this week.

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

JAS0643
Apr 19 2010, 11:16 PM
Cool I can't wait for the new facilities and the different kinds of meat. Thank you for all the hard work you all are doing on Farm Town I'm loving all the new changes to the game. Off to buy me a truck.

Debbie Arnold
Apr 19 2010, 11:17 PM
This is a wonderful addition to our facilities. Thank you so much. I look forward to the upcoming additions of facilities. But we do need another farm to work with. Mine is bursting at the seams. LOL

amberdh
Apr 19 2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks Raul. I love that more HELP will be available. Seems to be quite a bit of confusion concerning the facilities.

182 CESSNA
Apr 19 2010, 11:53 PM
Thank you for keeping Farm Town fun and interesting. I love the way it combines design, economics, and especially social interaction all over the world. It's encouraging to meet good people. God bless the developers and moderators. It's just FUN!

emagab
Apr 20 2010, 12:03 AM
need help why cant i send gifts..it keeps on saying select some friends first and yet it wont send??thanks in advance..btw i dont know where to find your reply..i'm new here in forum

bobbi froese
Apr 20 2010, 12:06 AM
Hey there,

1. There is help system now available in the game for people that don't understand how to operate the facilities and harvesting animals. You can see the help from several palces:

2. We moved the Semi-Trailer Truck which was previously on the Decoration category to the Tools category, this truck will allow you to Order products that can not be produced on the farm, like Ham, Pepperoni and other things in the future like chicken and meat.

Notice that it consumes fuel to operate, and it works similar to the facilities, you have a tab to place Orders (Things to Order), and then another tab to monitor the status ('What's In Transit').

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul
Yes but now most of us are missing |SEVERAL OF OUR TOP NEIGHBORS...so i hope this gets resolved soon! This is the biggest glitch ever! i think...

sue-e
Apr 20 2010, 12:15 AM
I have reached level 80!! I see more items I would love to purchase but I am out of farm cash! Is there any other you are gonna give us to earn these??? please I will be a good farm owner I promise

Booly
Apr 20 2010, 12:58 AM
Yes but now most of us are missing |SEVERAL OF OUR TOP NEIGHBORS...so i hope this gets resolved soon! This is the biggest glitch ever! i think...

Yes, there is a booming thread on missing neighbors. New things are great, but not at the expense of the things we need.

Duck Duck Goose
Apr 20 2010, 01:12 AM
What ever happened to the "produce faster" for myspace players?
We're still dragging barbells thru molasses over here with refineries taking ten years to produce anything.....
The produce faster has been completely removed now.
Is it going to get fixed, or are we supposed to get used to the snails pace?

mjl1960
Apr 20 2010, 01:39 AM
I lost over 30 neighbors...and the gifts are not working right, either in receiving or sending them. I don't like this new upgrade if I am going to lose my best neighbors!! Please fix it soon.

minniemouse157
Apr 20 2010, 01:58 AM
I logged into my fb account after a 2 day absent. When I went to farm town to play I have 11 missing neighbors? Is this a ongoing problem? Any fix? Thanks in advance.

JAS0643
Apr 20 2010, 02:01 AM
I logged into my fb account after a 2 day absent. When I went to farm town to play I have 11 missing neighbors? Is this a ongoing problem? Any fix? Thanks in advance.

It is something that just started tonight and it might be a facebook problem not a farm town problem as other apps are reporting the same problems.

JAS0643
Apr 20 2010, 02:22 AM
I have bought the semi trailer truck and when I click on the ? it says it will cost me 10 fuel but when I click on the product to buy it says - 5 fuel. Which is the right amount of fuel.

HelenJS22
Apr 20 2010, 02:28 AM
I love the truck becoming useful ..... but, but, but Raul ..... we NEED some roads for it to run in and out of our farm !!!! Not stone, dirt or crate made roads ..... but proper roads. Pleeeeeaaaaasssse.

HelenJS22
Apr 20 2010, 02:29 AM

I haven't lost any neighbours at this stage, but the neighbours screen at the bottom of my farm has look a bit dodgy most of the day :confused:

Lavenda
Apr 20 2010, 03:42 AM
Going by my storage I've lost 20 neighbours.

I really like that things that have been in the game a while now have a use, but it would be nice to have more information about the semi trailer before purchase (we've been able to find out how many units the facilities produce over what time, it would be nice to know the cost of the products and how much that cost gets you with the trailer)

Inge Jones
Apr 20 2010, 04:05 AM
I was rather hoping we'd be able to order a delivery of cranberries :)

essexboy
Apr 20 2010, 04:12 AM
thanks for the upgrade,but I seem to have lost over 10 neighbours.
can we have some roads please......

Cazville
Apr 20 2010, 04:22 AM
Going by my storage I've lost 20 neighbours.

I really like that things that have been in the game a while now have a use, but it would be nice to have more information about the semi trailer before purchase (we've been able to find out how many units the facilities produce over what time, it would be nice to know the cost of the products and how much that cost gets you with the trailer)

Likewise, I lost about ten good neighbours today! I also would like to know more about the semi trailer. Does this mean we are ordering from friends or will the cost of the fuel supply us with what we need? Would love more information on this new addition please. Also, there seem to be a lot of problems arising with the many new additions. Are the developers moving too fast before getting the other issues right?

salderson
Apr 20 2010, 04:29 AM
one new tool that is needed is a grinder so we can use the coffee that we plant to make coffee ice cream. i have 3 farms and i think i might need a fourth with new facilities coming this week! lol!!!

Gisli
Apr 20 2010, 04:32 AM
I am also missing a few neigbours and when I accepted two gifts this morning it took me straight to the game instead of the "do you have more gifts to accept" page. I lost those two gifts

candlelight
Apr 20 2010, 04:52 AM
We now have an Official thread giving a bit more information on how the Semi-trailer truck functions. This thread is in the Help & Support Forum and you may access it using this link:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320226

patsylee
Apr 20 2010, 05:05 AM
What a jolt to see that last night i had 15 neighbors and this morning there are only 7 left. Now what do i do, anything or will this be fixed?????

candlelight
Apr 20 2010, 05:18 AM
What a jolt to see that last night i had 15 neighbors and this morning there are only 7 left. Now what do i do, anything or will this be fixed?????

Please see our Official thread on this issue:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320058

Artemis_3133
Apr 20 2010, 06:21 AM
Worst release ever! I cannot utilise the new features - I lost all my active neighbours and then had reduced functionality because of my lack of neighbours. After retrieving my neighbours by re-inviting them, I now cannot receive gifts and can't work in my neighbour's facilities. I have decreased earning capacity for coins and XPs. Why would I keep playing after this?! The irony here is that I retained my inactive neighbours - who all abandoned Farmtown many releases ago. This is my reward for loyalty!

tnbravesgirl
Apr 20 2010, 06:35 AM
I dont use or want to use any of the facilities. This is my personal choice, some people love them...., just not me. It seems with every new release there are major problems..........

I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND why developers would continue and continue and CONTINUE to add more items when the SAME OLD PROBLEMS are still around and still giving us problems. It's rather sad for those of us who have been playing since the BIRTH of FARMTOWN to watch all the problems and never seem to be able to play for any length of time without ANOTHER issue of the SAME OLD PROBLEM. Would someone listen.........do you guys really care what we the players think or is it competition with the other farm games that keep you adding for items but never MASTER what you own? It has become a very frustrating game to play...and I do enjoy the game, otherwise I would be where I am with the points and money to show for it. Developers....please take note and spend some QUALITY time fixing your game instead of adding new items that only create more problems.

Level 80:mad:

Inge Jones
Apr 20 2010, 06:37 AM
Good grief, Artemis! This problem has been going on for less than 12 hours and already you are "threatening" to desert the game?

farmgirltab
Apr 20 2010, 06:37 AM
Great new stuff!!! When will we get a church??

hansen2433
Apr 20 2010, 07:21 AM
i love the update. but i hate that i lose all my gifts :eek:

Hen Woman
Apr 20 2010, 07:24 AM
Well done on new facilities but I have lost my neighbours and cant noe hire people to plow my farm and have gone down in levels. I cant use the x4 plow tool either which I could before, what is goping on please?

RT1
Apr 20 2010, 07:27 AM
need help why cant i send gifts..it keeps on saying select some friends first and yet it wont send??thanks in advance..btw i dont know where to find your reply..i'm new here in forum

I noticed this same problem yesterday and discovered I had lost half the people on my neighbors list. Did the "Upgrade" cause these problems? I really would like to get my neighbors back......

abarrow
Apr 20 2010, 07:57 AM
just wonderful, that we are getting more new facilities, I recently had to sell off all my facilities because wf33 cant handle em, that little popup guy to give gifts and the facilities working is to much for the server. i got rid of half my neighbors to stop those popups, but the little guy still pops up every 10 min or so and it is sad that all of us cant take advantage of the facililities.

LoreneC
Apr 20 2010, 07:58 AM
I noticed this same problem yesterday and discovered I had lost half the people on my neighbors list. Did the "Upgrade" cause these problems? I really would like to get my neighbors back......

It appears to be a facebook issue, other games have this happening as well.

There is a thread in the Help and Support section about this.

lulu836
Apr 20 2010, 08:06 AM
I am also missing a few neigbours and when I accepted two gifts this morning it took me straight to the game instead of the "do you have more gifts to accept" page. I lost those two gifts

Same here. One step forward and three steps back..........arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!:mad::mad:

I could have really used the two fuel tanks I lost which were sent as gifts.

jefferyprimeau97
Apr 20 2010, 08:20 AM
hi i know this isnt the right place to say this but i want to say it ...... can we please have new paths im tired of our old ones weve had em forever give us like cobbelstone and stuff and new fences like a red brick wall and a gate for the chain link fence please

Jeb1944
Apr 20 2010, 08:24 AM
Hey ...what gives with disappearing neighbors? I lost 11 of my neighbors last night and now 6 more today. I have gone from 56 down to 39, and some of the ones I lost were my bests neighbors. You should try to get what you have to work before you load up with new features.

Hey there,

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

angelsmiles689
Apr 20 2010, 08:26 AM
It is great you are updating facilities etc etc, and gave us a 3rd farm etc, BUT we need new levels! It is great you have earn coins by filling out offers BUT 98% of the time I have to send proof I did what I was supposed to do to get the farm cash, then the other 2% the companies dont give you any confirmation I am so sick of this .

SunnyD
Apr 20 2010, 08:33 AM
Well done on new facilities but I have lost my neighbours and cant noe hire people to plow my farm and have gone down in levels. I cant use the x4 plow tool either which I could before, what is goping on please?

this loosing neighbors is probably a face book issue it's happening in other games ....go to your neighbors tab in the game and re-invite the ones you lost as they are still under your friends.....that worked for me earlier.. Hope it helps you......if you have lost a lot of neighbors you need to re aquire them to enable the plow tool using for 4 fields.......also be sure to check your game preferences (under the wrench up top on the right) this tends to change with updates

Old Goat
Apr 20 2010, 08:35 AM
Hey ...what gives with disappearing neighbors? I lost 11 of my neighbors last night and now 6 more today. I have gone from 56 down to 39, and some of the ones I lost were my bests neighbors. You should try to get what you have to work before you load up with new features.
Hi Jeb! The disappearing neighbor problem has been an ongoing common issue for days now. Seems to be happening in a lot of the apps, not just FT. I lost friends off my friends list (Facebook), messages and notifications also. Seems to be Facebook related, not Farm Town. All of my wife's Farm Ville neighbors disappeared for three days, but all suddenly reappeared again.
I would be the last one to shout 'patience!' ( I have none) but that seems to be all we can do right now.

Cyprus1962
Apr 20 2010, 08:43 AM
Just noticed today 20/04/2010 that three neighbours that were added just recently have dissapeared. Who deleated my neighbours? What have you done with them? Are they being held to randsome lol. No!! seriously get this sort out soon as they are not only my neighbours but are also my friends who I have a chat with while working on their farms.

:mad:

Wilde Lily
Apr 20 2010, 08:49 AM
Thank you!! Keep up the good work!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

lulu836
Apr 20 2010, 09:08 AM
The semi-truck is a real stroke of genius............NOT. You can only get it with Farm Cash. C'mon guys!!! If you're going to tell me to use the App of The Day don't bother. Seems like after x number of uses the App of the day is no longer available.

Lost 7 neighbors.

Lost 2 gifts this morning because they disappeared when I accepted them.

Developers are playing stick and carrot. Big deal.........new truck. Trick is you have to buy it with Farm Cash and app of the day is not there anymore. No more levels to acquire FC.

I would like to send a big thanks out to the developers. Devs, you have freed up an enormous amount of time for me so that I can live my real life without all those pesky interruptions to play Farm Town. Thanks again.

marousia
Apr 20 2010, 09:19 AM
Yes, there is a booming thread on missing neighbors. New things are great, but not at the expense of the things we need.

:( I wholeheartedly agree - I would prefer to keep neighbours rather than get new facilities and functions.

bbs420
Apr 20 2010, 09:21 AM
anyone know how to make ground coffee out of coffee beans??

SunnyD
Apr 20 2010, 09:39 AM
anyone know how to make ground coffee out of coffee beans??

the coffee you need for the ice cream is in the gifts section...At the moment Facebook is having problems with the gift section and friends and neighbors.... this is happening throughout Face book applications.. It is not just in Farm Town...

jeremiahq@charter.net
Apr 20 2010, 10:23 AM
I lost 16 neighbors overnight. will we get them back? Snail pace seem the way it is now.

candlelight
Apr 20 2010, 10:33 AM
I lost 16 neighbors overnight. will we get them back? Snail pace seem the way it is now.

Please see these threads regarding the problems happening today with disappearing neighbours and gifting:

Neighbours disappearing 20th April 2010

Gifting Issues – 20th April 2010
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320178

SunnyD
Apr 20 2010, 10:33 AM
Kind of curious...... that pop up announcement you get when you enter your farm for the first time of the day.... It tells about the Semi Truck ok and the 2nd and 3rd farm... but says available for $40 cash only...... shouldn't that also say the coin payment amount .... if it remains like this won't people think you can only purchase it with the Farm Cash or real money? just wondering......

LoreneC
Apr 20 2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the new release I am having so much fun with my facilities.

I lost some neighbors but I understand it is as Facebook issue. In the meantime I will just wait and figure out how to get them back later.

In the meantime if you give us all 50 Farmcash we will be happy about it! :p

riddleranch
Apr 20 2010, 11:08 AM
I have lost about 20 gifts today when I accept them I get taken to my farm and there is no gifts in my box. I am also missing my neighbors. What is going on????

abarrow
Apr 20 2010, 11:10 AM
wf33, i have had so many problems since all the new facilities, well no actually it all started with the little pop up guy asking to go take a break and give gifts. he pops up every 10 min or so, and while he trying to load it drags my system down it growls and howls crazy. so then the new facilities came out and i bought all that could be bought with coins, low and be hold i couldnt send message to facebook to produce faster, well that was finally half way fixed worked sometimes but not all times, it seemed like if the little guy was in the processing of loading it wouldnt work, so i had to wait and see if that is what was causing it, most of the time if i waited long enough he would pop up. well it became such a h assle, when you wait for over 10 min for him to load and he pops up every ten min it just aint worth it. so in frustration i sold all my facilities and no longer process. well the little guy still pops up alot , so i removed a whole bunch of my neighbors and that helped some. but i have given up on the idea of ever being able to process my crops, and now here comes more facilities, why dont they fix the little pop up guy or rremove him, so those of us on wf33 can also use the new upgrades?

candlelight
Apr 20 2010, 11:29 AM
I have lost about 20 gifts today when I accept them I get taken to my farm and there is no gifts in my box. I am also missing my neighbors. What is going on????

Please see these threads in the Help & Support Forum:

Gifting Issues – 20th April 2010
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320178

Scooter
Apr 20 2010, 11:38 AM
one new tool that is needed is a grinder so we can use the coffee that we plant to make coffee ice cream. i have 3 farms and i think i might need a fourth with new facilities coming this week! lol!!!

YES!! I need a grinder!! Please..pretty please!

NiMo1960
Apr 20 2010, 11:41 AM
I have lost all my active neighbours.
only the idle ones remain.
PLEASE FIX

riddleranch
Apr 20 2010, 11:41 AM
Ok so dont worry if I have no neighbors they might come back, and dont accept any gifts we might get those accepted later. What about not being able to work on the farms in facilities? They are links are my FB page saying my friends need help but when I get there I cant do a thing - very fustrating!!!!!

Momma Woods
Apr 20 2010, 11:50 AM
Hey Raul
Am one of many addicted to FT. I want to know if there is a way to convert farm coins to FT cash. I would really like to have some of the things that can be bought only with FT $, but don't have enough and being on strict budget can not afford to pay out of pocket cash.
Thank you for your help.
Louise

Hey there,

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

MungoTen
Apr 20 2010, 11:50 AM
I'm a bit confused by the message I get when I attempt to order more than 840 Pepperoni and 840 Ham - "you can only have up to 168 x pepperoni in transit on this truck, equivalent to 7 days of continuous delivery". Shouldn't that be "168 Pepperoni batches" ? Or, better yet, since the transit page is monitoring pepperoni, not batches, "840 pepperoni" ?

candlelight
Apr 20 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm a bit confused by the message I get when I attempt to order more than 840 Pepperoni and 840 Ham - "you can only have up to 168 x pepperoni in transit on this truck, equivalent to 7 days of continuous delivery". Shouldn't that be "168 Pepperoni batches" ? Or, better yet, since the transit page is monitoring pepperoni, not batches, "840 pepperoni" ?

Hello MungoTen.

Thanks for that information.

Would you mind post the same thing in our Official thread on the new release so I can check with the developers and update the opening post if necessary?

Official thread
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320226

abarrow
Apr 20 2010, 12:11 PM
I dont use or want to use any of the facilities. This is my personal choice, some people love them...., just not me. It seems with every new release there are major problems..........

I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND why developers would continue and continue and CONTINUE to add more items when the SAME OLD PROBLEMS are still around and still giving us problems. It's rather sad for those of us who have been playing since the BIRTH of FARMTOWN to watch all the problems and never seem to be able to play for any length of time without ANOTHER issue of the SAME OLD PROBLEM. Would someone listen.........do you guys really care what we the players think or is it competition with the other farm games that keep you adding for items but never MASTER what you own? It has become a very frustrating game to play...and I do enjoy the game, otherwise I would be where I am with the points and money to show for it. Developers....please take note and spend some QUALITY time fixing your game instead of adding new items that only create more problems.

i agree, i tried the new facilities and thanks to the problem of the little popup guy who drops in every ten minutes I was unable to successfully use the new facilites and ended up selling them. please repair this issue it is very frustrating.:confused:

JAS0643
Apr 20 2010, 01:09 PM
Kind of curious...... that pop up announcement you get when you enter your farm for the first time of the day.... It tells about the Semi Truck ok and the 2nd and 3rd farm... but says available for $40 cash only...... shouldn't that also say the coin payment amount .... if it remains like this won't people think you can only purchase it with the Farm Cash or real money? just wondering......

The message about the 2nd and third farm has always been worded that way, and yes some people have taken it to mean they are available for cash only. What it is trying to say is the price of farm 2 for farm cash has been reduced and is now available for only $40.

piccpete
Apr 20 2010, 01:43 PM
Yay!!!!!

Ty for everything!

Mr.Green Jeans
Apr 20 2010, 02:14 PM
what will the flatbed truck be used for? and can you make iit so we can buy trailers...for our trucks...and are you going to UP grade from "80"
thanks i love this game........also bigger lots would be nice

daybarb
Apr 20 2010, 02:19 PM
I have to say, your programmers are fabulous!!! I am so excited about this game, I may even be coming close to being an addict.
It is odd that people complain about neighbors not using theads to help them. Many people do not know what to do or what benefit they would derive from the work. WHY JUST SIT THERE AND COMPLAIN, DO SOMETHING!! Educate your neighbors and friends, it only takes a monent to write an explanation to them and will do you a world of good! HELP OTHER IF YOU CAN! I believe that is the main difference between Farm Town and some of the other Farm games.
Ever think your neighbors might be missing because you haven't cleared your cache. My neighbors are only missg briefly...clear the cache and there they are...it isn't magic, i is working with your computer.
Hugs to all, and especially to the Farm Town programmers..you are fabulous!!
Have fun people!
Come visit my farms! You are welcome any time!!

SteelerChick
Apr 20 2010, 02:38 PM
I have to say, your programmers are fabulous!!! I am so excited about this game, I may even be coming close to being an addict.
It is odd that people complain about neighbors not using theads to help them. Many people do not know what to do or what benefit they would derive from the work. WHY JUST SIT THERE AND COMPLAIN, DO SOMETHING!! Educate your neighbors and friends, it only takes a monent to write an explanation to them and will do you a world of good! HELP OTHER IF YOU CAN! I believe that is the main difference between Farm Town and some of the other Farm games.
Ever think your neighbors might be missing because you haven't cleared your cache. My neighbors are only missg briefly...clear the cache and there they are...it isn't magic, i is working with your computer.
Hugs to all, and especially to the Farm Town programmers..you are fabulous!!
Have fun people!
Come visit my farms! You are welcome any time!!

First, I educate my friends and neighbors and "employees" every chance I get--for example, if you pause for just a second every 10 fields as you are harvesting or plowing (on FACEBOOK), the coins/points are added up and you can move on without getting a time-out error. Also, hiring TWICE gets rid of the tool and all you have to do is click. The tools drive me nuts, especially during plowing.

Second, I have cleared my cache over and over (on both IE and Google Chrome) and my neighbors are still gone. Suggestions???

Charlie Farmer
Apr 20 2010, 02:50 PM
Where did all my neighbors go!!??

Grandma Marianne
Apr 20 2010, 02:59 PM
Some of us do not have farm cash enough to buy the semi.
Not very fair to us that have been on here for over a year and have no way to earn more farmcash except when you add more levels for us.

Rhassa
Apr 20 2010, 03:33 PM
Thank you for all the cool new things we can do on our farms. I'm excited to see what you all come up with next.....like maybe a new tab in storage for a place to store our products for sale so we don't accidentally sell our harvests that are needed to produce our products? I have done that a half dozen times now, my own fault, but it's way to easy to hit the wrong item when they are scattered amongst the things to sell. Just a suggestion for consideration.:D

earlgray
Apr 20 2010, 03:35 PM
Hey there,

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

I think the facilities are grand and I have been enjoying the ones I have, but two things:

1 - first and foremost, PLEASE issue some sort of official statement regarding the neighbors-gone-missing situation - do you have any idea what the problem is, who is working on fixing it, will we get them back? With a third of my neighbors gone, I not sure I should have much confidence that I won't log on one day and have my whole farms gone, or my XP, or my FC. And so many people have lost so many neighbors they have can't hire people to plow, or plow 4 squares at a time. How can you just stay silent on this??? New capabilities aren't so intriguing in the face of a major glitch like this, so if you want us to be excited about them, address the problem.

2 - and while I enjoy the facilities, I think it would be nice if you could have a few additions in other areas too. There have been lots of suggestions about other things to add, are they all in vain? If I could have just one other thing, it would be the lilac bush I have wanted for so long!

kschilpe
Apr 20 2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the updates, sure hope one of the new facilities is a winery, can't wait for that. Thanks

lavanah
Apr 20 2010, 04:04 PM
I was missing 2 of my neighbors this morning. But I have them back now, no big deal. Just wondering what happened. Can't wait to see the new facilities.

Adam Williams
Apr 20 2010, 04:11 PM
I am missing over HALF my neighbors. I've re-invited but lost even more.

aceyducey
Apr 20 2010, 04:19 PM
Not very fair to us that have been on here for over a year and have no way to earn more farmcash except when you add more levels for us.

Well said GrandmaMarianne. I feel the same way. I am stuck in a rut at level 80. I don't have the money to buy Farm Cash. I am very disappointed in the Dev choice to make the semi and the juice factory FC only. It doesn't seem fair to us level 80 people who have spent their FC on other items already.

Otherwise, I comment the Devs for the fantastic job they have done with their FT evolvement and progress. Thank you.

NiMo1960
Apr 20 2010, 04:29 PM
Well said GrandmaMarianne. I feel the same way. I am stuck in a rut at level 80. I don't have the money to buy Farm Cash. I am very disappointed in the Dev choice to make the semi and the juice factory FC only. It doesn't seem fair to us level 80 people who have spent their FC on other items already.

Otherwise, I comment the Devs for the fantastic job they have done with their FT evolvement and progress. Thank you.

Same thoughts here

lulu836
Apr 20 2010, 04:35 PM
Count me in on that

JAS0643
Apr 20 2010, 04:35 PM
I think the facilities are grand and I have been enjoying the ones I have, but two things:

1 - first and foremost, PLEASE issue some sort of official statement regarding the neighbors-gone-missing situation - do you have any idea what the problem is, who is working on fixing it, will we get them back? With a third of my neighbors gone, I not sure I should have much confidence that I won't log on one day and have my whole farms gone, or my XP, or my FC. And so many people have lost so many neighbors they have can't hire people to plow, or plow 4 squares at a time. How can you just stay silent on this??? New capabilities aren't so intriguing in the face of a major glitch like this, so if you want us to be excited about them, address the problem.

2 - and while I enjoy the facilities, I think it would be nice if you could have a few additions in other areas too. There have been lots of suggestions about other things to add, are they all in vain? If I could have just one other thing, it would be the lilac bush I have wanted for so long!

Here is the official help thread for losing neighbors.

The mods have reported that the developers have made no changes in the neighbors and that it appears to be a facebook problem. This problem is happening on other apps not just farm town, so we will have to wait for facebook to fix the problem.

lulu836
Apr 20 2010, 04:36 PM
Count me in on that also. Would love to see the neighbor thing solved as well.

prettyponies
Apr 20 2010, 05:49 PM
The semi looks interesting...but I have plenty of neighbors to gift me stuff I need. Doing it the "green" way - no fuel needed. ;)

I'm waiting for the jelly/jam factory!!!!!!!!!!!! Not selling my fruits -- just hording them in storage. Thus far...they are staying fresh! I'm ready for another facility in my village -- still real estate available in the commercial section. :D

On the neighbor dropping issue - I lost my *best* neighbors, but got them back by just inviting them back. They all signed back on within the hour. No problem with gifting, either.

Meranna
Apr 20 2010, 05:56 PM
"...and while I enjoy the facilities, I think it would be nice if you could have a few additions in other areas too. There have been lots of suggestions about other things to add, are they all in vain? If I could have just one other thing, it would be the lilac bush I have wanted for so long!"

I agree - seems devs are getting obsessed with "facilities"! How about crop variety? herbs, pots to plant in, variety in size of plots, ornamental grasses...lots of things I've seen MANY times in the appropriate threads but don't seem to get the devs attention...

and it seems if they want us to spend FC for many of these items they might "bug" FB about giving us the DAILY app!

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 20 2010, 05:58 PM
For those with losing neighbors *including myself lol* it is a FB issue as it is effecting other apps as well. Here is the official thread:

Capt. Conor
Apr 20 2010, 06:04 PM
These factories are making FT into FarmVille IMHO.

JAS0643
Apr 20 2010, 06:11 PM
These factories are making FT into FarmVille IMHO.

How are the factories making farm town into farm ville when farm ville has no factories in there game? You have a right to your opinion but could you explain it a little more for me because I just don't get where you are coming from.

SunnyD
Apr 20 2010, 06:19 PM
The application of the day was there for me... it was Kingory.... if you already have approved that application then it won't show up for you, I believe... I could be wrong.... but just letting you guys know it was there today..

Gloria Platt Coplen
Apr 20 2010, 10:57 PM
I agree about the fourth farm. Love the facilities and all the new things. But, I can hardly put another tree anywhere else so that I can produce enough apples, oranges, cranberries ( I won't say how many of those I've purchased) LOL, etc. Then another for the animals.
Ditto on the coffee grinder, we could use that for a coffee house also.
Did I say I love Farm Town LOL!!!

Artemis_3133
Apr 21 2010, 12:16 AM
Good grief, Artemis! This problem has been going on for less than 12 hours and already you are "threatening" to desert the game?

Yes - clearly I have a problem and I will be seeking therapy ;)

SueW170
Apr 21 2010, 12:23 AM
Thank you for keeping Farm Town fun and interesting. I love the way it combines design, economics, and especially social interaction all over the world. It's encouraging to meet good people. God bless the developers and moderators. It's just FUN!
Ditto to the above comment. The feature of FT that attracted me to it was the opportunity to create realistic looking layouts. Another thing I have commented on to friends is that FT can be used as a fun learning experience to play with their children or grandchildren because it reinforces the concept that one has to work to earn things and save up to get special items. Also, it can teach spatial concepts through building virtual roads and constructing fenced areas.
So far I haven't seen much of the social interaction mentioned as players rarely interact with one another in the Market other than to ask for "jobs" or announce "jobs" available, but the opportunity is there.

spiritualpathways
Apr 21 2010, 01:35 AM
Likewise, I lost about ten good neighbours today! I also would like to know more about the semi trailer. Does this mean we are ordering from friends or will the cost of the fuel supply us with what we need? Would love more information on this new addition please. Also, there seem to be a lot of problems arising with the many new additions. Are the developers moving too fast before getting the other issues right?

since we have to use farm cash for the truck/trailer i sure would like more info on it ..before buying it too ..
i have to agree with you ... why the rush to add so many things so fast ??
i would love for htem to slow it down a little ~ fix the glitches and bugs it seems to create everytime new things added ... before adding new stuff . .and not add so many new things at one time either ..
it has been a HUGE mess today totally .... alot of problems .glitches and bugs ...

spiritualpathways
Apr 21 2010, 01:39 AM

you ca nearn more farm cash by cliking on "earn coins " at the top of the farm .. in there the yhave an option ot earn coins or cash ... i earn all sorts of farm cash that way ..

spiritualpathways
Apr 21 2010, 01:41 AM
The application of the day was there for me... it was Kingory.... if you already have approved that application then it won't show up for you, I believe... I could be wrong.... but just letting you guys know it was there today..

different things show up for people and not alwys on the same day .. my husband gets different ones than i do and some days i get one and he doesnt .. it isnt the same for everyone ...

daybarb
Apr 21 2010, 01:59 AM
[QUOTE=tnbravesgirl;3435842]I dont use or want to use any of the facilities. This is my personal choice, some people love them...., just not me. It seems with every new release there are major problems..........

I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND why developers would continue and continue and CONTINUE to add more items when the SAME OLD PROBLEMS are still around and still giving us problems.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:)
While I don't have your longevity in Farm Town, I am a level 80 and have 3 fully developed farms.

I find it sad that people always want to blame the software, the programmer or any other thing besides their own equipment and expertise. On top of this a lot depends on what browser you use and your ISP and your own attention to keeping your computer free of spy ware and tracker files.

I have played about a full year now, and haven't encountered the problems you mention. I never lost a single neighbor except when my cache was full. You may not realize that with many of the new browsers you have to empty both the cache on your system tools and the cache on the browser itself. Look into the help section of your browser and you may find the answer to some of your difficulties.

You may need more RAM or disk speed to have the game be all you desire.

So far as your complaints about the programmers adding more features, I feel that most people LOVE the new additions, at least my neighbors and friends do, and I have over 400 friends. These people all play Farm Town as this is the only game I play.

Since I have not experienced the problems you have had, I know that at least one person,(me) and I expect most of the other 10 million or so other people playing Farm Town do not have these problems. If they did this board would be so busy the site would probably crash! :D

Come visit my farms, everyone is welcome!

Barbara Ann Day

spiritualpathways
Apr 21 2010, 03:13 AM
[QUOTE=tnbravesgirl;3435842]I dont use or want to use any of the facilities. This is my personal choice, some people love them...., just not me. It seems with every new release there are major problems..........

I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND why developers would continue and continue and CONTINUE to add more items when the SAME OLD PROBLEMS are still around and still giving us problems.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:)
While I don't have your longevity in Farm Town, I am a level 80 and have 3 fully developed farms.

I find it sad that people always want to blame the software, the programmer or any other thing besides their own equipment and expertise. On top of this a lot depends on what browser you use and your ISP and your own attention to keeping your computer free of spy ware and tracker files.

I have played about a full year now, and haven't encountered the problems you mention. I never lost a single neighbor except when my cache was full. You may not realize that with many of the new browsers you have to empty both the cache on your system tools and the cache on the browser itself. Look into the help section of your browser and you may find the answer to some of your difficulties.

You may need more RAM or disk speed to have the game be all you desire.

So far as your complaints about the programmers adding more features, I feel that most people LOVE the new additions, at least my neighbors and friends do, and I have over 400 friends. These people all play Farm Town as this is the only game I play.

Since I have not experienced the problems you have had, I know that at least one person,(me) and I expect most of the other 10 million or so other people playing Farm Town do not have these problems. If they did this board would be so busy the site would probably crash! :D

Come visit my farms, everyone is welcome!

Barbara Ann Day

the problems today had nothing to do with my computer or equipment here ..
i keep the cache emptied every day .. i keep my computer free of everything too.. my ISP isnt an issue ... i have more tha nenough RAM etc ... the browser i use isnt the issue ...
i a malso a level 80 have 3 farms and have had NO issues at all .. until today .. and it was withi nthe game itself where alot of the problems were ..

Naughty Nana
Apr 21 2010, 07:50 AM
Nice new addition with the help feature.

I would appreciate the HELP getting the 5 messages that have been stuck for a year - unstuck.

They do not load so you can read them, you cannot make them go away. You cannot get to old messages because it keeps saying I have 5 unread messages. The same 5 have been hanging there forever.

Thanks for that HELP feature !!!!!!!

Gisli
Apr 21 2010, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=daybarb;3443834]

the problems today had nothing to do with my computer or equipment here ..
i keep the cache emptied every day .. i keep my computer free of everything too.. my ISP isnt an issue ... i have more tha nenough RAM etc ... the browser i use isnt the issue ...
i a malso a level 80 have 3 farms and have had NO issues at all .. until today .. and it was withi nthe game itself where alot of the problems were ..

As has been pointed out the issues have nothing to do with Farm Town and are a Facebook problem.

tatltell
Apr 21 2010, 08:47 AM
Can you comment on whether having more than one Dairy Barn or Chicken coop helps you build a stock of milk and eggs faster?

The semi looks interesting...but I have plenty of neighbors to gift me stuff I need. Doing it the "green" way - no fuel needed. ;)

I'm waiting for the jelly/jam factory!!!!!!!!!!!! Not selling my fruits -- just hording them in storage. Thus far...they are staying fresh! I'm ready for another facility in my village -- still real estate available in the commercial section. :D

On the neighbor dropping issue - I lost my *best* neighbors, but got them back by just inviting them back. They all signed back on within the hour. No problem with gifting, either.

katiecakes
Apr 21 2010, 08:56 AM
No, having multiple dairy sheds/coops will not help you collect milk/eggs faster. You will need more animals to do that.

DaisyMA
Apr 21 2010, 09:08 AM
Id rather BIG problem's be fixed, like loosing neighbor's, than a semi truck, thanks!

terrihb
Apr 21 2010, 09:35 AM
I can harvest, but no one can hire me to plow. HELP! I need the XP.
thanks

Auntie Debb
Apr 21 2010, 09:49 AM
Still missing more than half my neighbors and trophies associated with having a specific number of neighbors. I can no longer hire to plow! FarmTown is the only app where I'm missing neighbors so it is confusing that developers are saying it is a FaceBook problem. :( Has FaceBook communicated what their time frame is on getting the FarmTown problem resolved?

fireman5214
Apr 21 2010, 10:12 AM
well for one i like the new update, just when u click on the specific facilty.... it should show the supply and demand for that specifc faciilty.

PLEASE MAKE NEW FACILITIIES COINS AND NOT CASH SINCE MYSPACE HAS NO WAY TO MAKE FREE FARM CASH AS I REPORTED TO MOLLY MEW AND WAITING FOR HER REPLY TO ME ABOUT THAT.

As for missng neighbors, i have not had the problem YET but it is NOT just a facebook problem like everyone is saying.... had a neighbor on MYSPACE wth the same problem, dont worry i will post that in the official thread for that too:(

rgreeling
Apr 21 2010, 12:16 PM
YESS!! That is exactly why I am here! At least 1/2 my neighbors are no longer my neighbors! Please fix soon!

candlelight
Apr 21 2010, 12:28 PM
YESS!! That is exactly why I am here! At least 1/2 my neighbors are no longer my neighbors! Please fix soon!

Hi rgreeling and welcome to the forum.

Please read the opening post in our Official thread in the Help & Support Forum for information on the neighbour problem:

dottyF
Apr 21 2010, 02:07 PM
Got the tractor trailer. Cool Now if I could buy ground coffee and cocoa trees.

alkendale
Apr 21 2010, 02:09 PM
This is a wonderful addition to our facilities. Thank you so much. I look forward to the upcoming additions of facilities. But we do need another farm to work with. Mine is bursting at the seams. LOLDebbie do you know how to get the ability to plow back again

Debbie Arnold
Apr 21 2010, 02:20 PM
If you've lost neighbors that are required to allow you to hire plowers, that would explain your problem. We have to have 10 neighbors on MySpace and Facebook to be able to hire someone to plow for us. So check your neighbor bar for the amount of neighbors you have. That's all that I can think of that would cause that problem.

ditex
Apr 21 2010, 02:25 PM
I lost over 30 neighbors...and the gifts are not working right, either in receiving or sending them. I don't like this new upgrade if I am going to lose my best neighbors!! Please fix it soon.

I have lost all my neighbors except 5 of them....had over 30 before. Now I cannot even hire anyone to plow for me as it tells me I have to be or have an accaimed trophy to hire to plow! What is going on????? I am ready to quit this one if this cannot be fixed by you.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 21 2010, 03:03 PM
I have lost all my neighbors except 5 of them....had over 30 before. Now I cannot even hire anyone to plow for me as it tells me I have to be or have an accaimed trophy to hire to plow! What is going on????? I am ready to quit this one if this cannot be fixed by you.

We have a thread explaining the problem caused by Facebook, not Farm Town :)
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320058

lulu836
Apr 21 2010, 04:37 PM
This is a link to the reason why we have lost friends from FT. What a waste of time!!!!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/04/21/facebook.changes.f8/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

Duck Duck Goose
Apr 21 2010, 05:27 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one...
Since the first facility came out myspace hasnt been able to "produce faster" and they even took the defective button away now instead of fixing it.
They rather sling out more stuff than fix whats already available.
What makes them think we want to wait a week to refine a farm full of sugarcane, etc?
The refineries arent worth using on ms.
Matter of fact I stopped putting any more stuff in them.
I'm waiting for whats in them to finish so i can throw the worthless things in my storage if they wont produce any faster than that.

StaceyMoe
Apr 21 2010, 06:28 PM
I really enjoy playing this game, however it is no fun that a few of the facilities and now the semitrailer cost a fortune. I wish that there was a coin to cash option, you know this many coins is worth this amount of farmtown cash, that way the game can still be fun for the farmers who don't have credit cards. Thank you.

delite
Apr 21 2010, 10:50 PM
well i'm missing alot of my top neighbors and when i accept gifts they are getting lost. I love the update but is their anyway to get these items back? all the animals we are adding to our farms is also slowing things down alot. if we could get more milk or eggs per animal we wouldn't need so many animals to keep our facilities going. It would also be nice to see the lemonade stad working to make lemonade. thanks for all your work

garylr
Apr 21 2010, 11:03 PM
Where do I go to find out what it means to "fast plow" or "fast harvest" and what are the keystrokes to make it happen?

betty21
Apr 22 2010, 07:30 AM
i would like to know too

diannevt
Apr 22 2010, 08:20 AM
I now need to recalculate how much wheat, tomato & cheese to produce because I'll be producing 3 more pizzas - thanks for the tractor trailer truck & the other goodies. Just wish I could get more of my friends to see how this game is getting constantly better & more interesting. Would love to be able to buy other items that can only be received as gifts.

calliopejane
Apr 22 2010, 10:22 AM
Nice, but every update I keep hoping we'll finally be able to move animals. The suggestions forums are full of that request from TONS of people, OVER and OVER, especially since the addition of the facilities. It seems like that is the one most requested feature for this game, and I thought things were addressed in order of popularity, so why is that still not added?

Capriherb
Apr 22 2010, 10:33 AM
Probably not the right place to ask, but there used to be a website we could go to that would tell us what the cost was to do an operation plus how much we would make under various circumstances.
I know it's probably too soon to ask, but does anyone know if anyone has done something like this for the "cost" of the facilities various production vs. just selling the crops, etc.?
Thanks

Hey there,

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

JAS0643
Apr 22 2010, 10:55 AM
Probably not the right place to ask, but there used to be a website we could go to that would tell us what the cost was to do an operation plus how much we would make under various circumstances.
I know it's probably too soon to ask, but does anyone know if anyone has done something like this for the "cost" of the facilities various production vs. just selling the crops, etc.?
Thanks

In this thread you will find different data sheets that will give you the information you are looking for.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311718

I have done one of them (link to my data sheet is in my signature) and have all the facilities broken down into what you need and how much profit you make. I have the crops done the same way.

Capriherb
Apr 22 2010, 11:06 AM
In this thread you will find different data sheets that will give you the information you are looking for.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311718

I have done one of them (link to my data sheet is in my signature) and have all the facilities broken down into what you need and how much profit you make. I have the crops done the same way.

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks for taking the time to make these! Just one more column needed though on the facilities. How much would those crops/fruits/milks have sold for if sold instead of making product?
Love ya!!!!

Capriherb
Apr 22 2010, 11:11 AM
That's EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks for taking the time to make these! Just one more column needed though on the facilities. How much would those crops/fruits/milks have sold for if sold instead of making product?
Love ya!!!!

Am I looking at it wrong, or do pinapples make a LOT more money as juice than as Ice Cream?

Capriherb
Apr 22 2010, 11:12 AM
I now need to recalculate how much wheat, tomato & cheese to produce because I'll be producing 3 more pizzas - thanks for the tractor trailer truck & the other goodies. Just wish I could get more of my friends to see how this game is getting constantly better & more interesting. Would love to be able to buy other items that can only be received as gifts.
I agree! Working the facilities and having your friends work your facilities is an incredible way to rack up coins really quick!

JAS0643
Apr 22 2010, 12:12 PM
Am I looking at it wrong, or do pinapples make a LOT more money as juice than as Ice Cream?

You are looking at it right pineapples make you more as juice then Ice cream and ice cream make you more the Hawaiian pizza does. I will look into your other column suggestion.

Capriherb
Apr 22 2010, 12:33 PM
I've lost half my neighbors (gonna kill me when I have to refuel) over the last 3 days too. Some of us are resending neighbor requests and as soon as we accept, they drop off again.
I had over 40 neighbors... Please bring them back????

Capriherb
Apr 22 2010, 12:34 PM
You are looking at it right pineapples make you more as juice then Ice cream and ice cream make you more the Hawaiian pizza does. I will look into your other column suggestion.

Thanks! I'm now going to have to weigh Pizza or tomato juice.... :)

giraffe
Apr 22 2010, 01:59 PM
What about having a way to process coffee, so I can use my coffee beans? Thanks for the continued updates!!!

Momma Woods
Apr 22 2010, 03:11 PM
I totally agree with having a coffee grinder that can be purchased with coins.
Also I am level 80 with 32 mil coins and would like to buy chocolate factory, juice factory and semi tractot-trailer. Therefore I agree that a 4th farm is needed.

sally l
Apr 22 2010, 03:41 PM

I totally agree about the coffee mill. I planted coffee to use and it was a big surprise to see I couldn't use my own crops.
Another issue I have is that when I hire out for work I am gaining xp but I am losing coins.
I worked on 5 farms today and I lost about 40,000 coins.
I also lost them yesterday
I can't upgrade my farm because I am not earning coins

scrosses
Apr 22 2010, 04:48 PM

Well I can't call it THE biggest glitch..but a lot of us are "lost"..pun intended. Some of my neighbors have taken this personally and thought I de-freinded them. So please address this issue as soon as you can. Or maybe a little FYI when someone logs on to their farm. Thanks!!! Love Farmtown.

amberdh
Apr 22 2010, 04:50 PM
Well I can't call it THE biggest glitch..but a lot of us are "lost"..pun intended. Some of my neighbors have taken this personally and thought I de-freinded them. So please address this issue as soon as you can. Or maybe a little FYI when someone logs on to their farm. Thanks!!! Love Farmtown.

Hi there. Are you able to reinvite your neighbors? This issues is out of the developers hands because it is a Facebook problem.

lulu836
Apr 22 2010, 05:24 PM
I totally agree with having a coffee grinder that can be purchased with coins.
Also I am level 80 with 32 mil coins and would like to buy chocolate factory, juice factory and semi tractot-trailer. Therefore I agree that a 4th farm is needed.

Don't be too quick to jump on the semi. Right now it's a dud. You can only order things that you cannot grow. For instance right now you can only order ham or pepperoni. 5 units of ham is 500 coin which is only used in 2's like 2 units for ham pizza. So for your money you only get like 2 pizzas. I was shocked to see that the semi cost so much FC and offered so little bang for the buck.

sonja shepard
Apr 22 2010, 07:28 PM
Trouble getting on Farm Town Monday 4/19/10. It happened for 8 days week before last. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crystelle White
Apr 22 2010, 09:45 PM
wow this is great !! I am glad I saved up my FT dollars now.
CW

SunnyD
Apr 23 2010, 01:29 AM
I am wondering if it would be possible that when you go to the market.. if that pop up that you choose what to sell could be smaller so that you can see how much coins are being added to your total coins??? you need to check that it is adding properly... the only way to do that is to sell one item then close that pop up and look to see if it has... then continue at that pace sell one then close the pop up and check total coins..... start over......

amberdh
Apr 23 2010, 01:33 AM
I am wondering if it would be possible that when you go to the market.. if that pop up that you choose what to sell could be smaller so that you can see how much coins are being added to your total coins??? you need to check that it is adding properly... the only way to do that is to sell one item then close that pop up and look to see if it has... then continue at that pace sell one then close the pop up and check total coins..... start over......

Hi. When I am selling I always go into full screen so that I can see the coin totals. :)

SunnyD
Apr 23 2010, 03:55 AM
oh cool i had no idea you could do that.... duh me........ Ty Amberdh

Farmer_Susan
Apr 23 2010, 07:04 AM
Cool about the upcoming new facilities and also about the Semi now being a tool. Would it be possible to add a function to it so that it can take your finished goods to the market and sell them for you? I know several people (including me <g>) have commented that it's hard to go to the market now and figure out which items you're finished with and want to sell vs. those you want to keep to make more stuff in the facilities.

JustHikk
Apr 23 2010, 11:12 AM

Did the option to buy farmcash get removed? If it didn't get removed then you have a way to get more farmcash.

lulu836
Apr 23 2010, 12:08 PM
Right now the semi is a total dud. You can only get ham and pepperoni. The ham costs you 500 coin and I forgot how much the pepperoni is but the cost per item is outrageous. Ham is used by 2's so you only get 2 of anything you produce with 1 left over which is useless...

Total waste of FC IMHO.

JAS0643
Apr 23 2010, 12:29 PM
Right now the semi is a total dud. You can only get ham and pepperoni. The ham costs you 500 coin and I forgot how much the pepperoni is but the cost per item is outrageous. Ham is used by 2's so you only get 2 of anything you produce with 1 left over which is useless...

Total waste of FC IMHO.

You only need 1 ham or pepperoni for a batch of pizza so you get 5 batches for every order you place. Right now the truck is not that useful if you have friends that will send you the meat when you need it. It has been hinted that there will be other meats available soon and when that happens the truck will be more useful, since there is only so much you can get as a gift. Even if you buy the meat through the truck you still make a great profit off the pizzas.

JustHikk
Apr 23 2010, 12:31 PM

Total waste of FC IMHO.

Pepperoni is 350 coins. I didn't pay attention to it when I ordered everything but when its finished, I will figure it out. If you put in 5 fuels (1 gift of fuel) and 350 coins, how many of a product do you get compared to what you would get as a gift.

If you put in 500 coins and 5 Fuel to get the same amount of ham that you would get as a single gift, its a rip off. But, based on all the other facilities and the profit margins they have, I doubt VERY seriously that the truck is "useless" although it may be.

As for the facility itself, I have 11,000 gallons of fuel (I don't use the tractors either) and I have 110 Million coins in the bank, another ~50 Million (I haven't added it up lately, a week ago it was 35 million) in storage. Nothing else to spend it on but the tractor trailer.

I just hope they do it like they did the first two facilities (sugar and flour) where it was a stand alone facility and then had the "Get Help" feature to it.

JAS0643
Apr 23 2010, 01:30 PM
Pepperoni is 350 coins. I didn't pay attention to it when I ordered everything but when its finished, I will figure it out. If you put in 5 fuels (1 gift of fuel) and 350 coins, how many of a product do you get compared to what you would get as a gift.

If you put in 500 coins and 5 Fuel to get the same amount of ham that you would get as a single gift, its a rip off. But, based on all the other facilities and the profit margins they have, I doubt VERY seriously that the truck is "useless" although it may be.

As for the facility itself, I have 11,000 gallons of fuel (I don't use the tractors either) and I have 110 Million coins in the bank, another ~50 Million (I haven't added it up lately, a week ago it was 35 million) in storage. Nothing else to spend it on but the tractor trailer.

I just hope they do it like they did the first two facilities (sugar and flour) where it was a stand alone facility and then had the "Get Help" feature to it.

1 gift of fuel gives you 300 gallons of fuel and you only need 5 gallons per order of meat. You get 5 meat items per order which is way less then you get as a gift so right now having the truck is not that helpful if you have friends that will send you the meat. When more meat comes out though it will be more helpful because you don't want to only get meat from your friends or have to depend on them all the time for it. It will also depend on what else you need with the meat, now you need flour which is used in a lot of other stuff so it limits how many pizzas you can make. If they give us something to do with meat that doesn't use flour then ordering it will be very helpful.

kschilpe
Apr 23 2010, 02:04 PM
I thought we were going to have more facilities the week, the week has come to and end and no new stuff. Is it because of the neighbor issue. Please make a winery I would love to have a farm that is just a vineyard. Also a 4th farm would be nice. Thanks. If you respond to these can you email me back this info

smcint
Apr 23 2010, 02:37 PM
In the "Juice Factory" we can produce Cranberry Juice but here lies the problem... have you ever seen a 'cranberry tree'? No, cranberries are grown on the ground hence we should have cranberry seeds available not cranberry trees. Help us out guys.........
Thanks,
Puzzled in the Pacific NW

lulu836
Apr 23 2010, 03:41 PM
I thought we were going to have more facilities the week, the week has come to and end and no new stuff. Is it because of the neighbor issue. Please make a winery I would love to have a farm that is just a vineyard. Also a 4th farm would be nice. Thanks. If you respond to these can you email me back this info

Farmers.....please don't start with the 4th farm thing. The devs made it very clear in their post about the 3rd farm that there would NOT be a 4th farm EVER.

Molly Mew
Apr 23 2010, 03:49 PM
Farmers.....please don't start with the 4th farm thing. The devs made it very clear in their post about the 3rd farm that there would NOT be a 4th farm EVER.

Mmm.. here's the devs' post about the third farm:

Hey there,

This release add support for a 3rd farm. Here are the details:

1. To buy the 3rd Farm, you need to have the 2nd Farm already

2. You can buy the 3rd farm in:

a. Farm Cash: 40 Farm cash for a 12x12 farm and 20 Farm cash for each additional upgrade. Notice this is 50% cheaper compared to when we launched the 2nd farm. Also, remember you can earn some Farm cash for free daily by installing the application of the day on the 'Earn coins' tab on the top right.

b. Coins: 1000000 coins for a 12x12 farm, but you need to have at least 30 neighbours

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Lulu.. where have you seen any reference to a fourth farm, and whether there will be one or not? I'm puzzled. LOL.

Tony D
Apr 23 2010, 04:24 PM

Lulu.. where have you seen any reference to a fourth farm, and whether there will be one or not? I'm puzzled. LOL.Unless other wise advised I am taking this is a HUGE HINT that we will be getting a 4th farm soon :p:p:p

lulu836
Apr 23 2010, 04:26 PM

Lulu.. where have you seen any reference to a fourth farm, and whether there will be one or not? I'm puzzled. LOL.

Oh I don't remember.........maybe it was the voices in my head talking to me.:D

Tony D
Apr 23 2010, 04:28 PM
Oh I don't remember.........maybe it was the voices in my head talking to me.:DNope - it was me - I'm telepathic :p;)

lulu836
Apr 23 2010, 04:35 PM
Nope - it was me - I'm telepathic :p;)

Hey that's neat too. Can you "telepath" (I know that's not a real word....the voices are talking again) all of us and let us know what's going to be the next upgrade and how any neighbors we will need? That way we can start bugging perfect strangers about being neighbors early.:)

JustHikk
Apr 23 2010, 04:51 PM

I wonder how these rumors get started? Perhaps a link to this "post" you have referred to at least twice would calm the talk of what you are saying as being nothing more than a rumor?

lavanah
Apr 23 2010, 04:59 PM
It just makes since that the devs are going to fill in the last little bottom corner with farm 4.

JustHikk
Apr 23 2010, 05:05 PM
It just makes since that the devs are going to fill in the last little bottom corner with farm 4.

Or leave it off so it doesn't interfere anymore with the game window.
Or change to a menu type system like other games use (fish world is one).
Or leave it as it is to make people guess what they are going to do.
Or take farm 3 away because so many people are already complaining that they "need more space".
Or......................

Molly Mew
Apr 23 2010, 05:22 PM
Unless other wise advised I am taking this is a HUGE HINT that we will be getting a 4th farm soon :p:p:p

Tony you are such a trouble causer! It's nothing of the sort, as you well know. :p

Oh I don't remember.........maybe it was the voices in my head talking to me.:D

You get those too? Hahaha.

Cheryl Blake
Apr 23 2010, 06:39 PM
Jam making facility would be good, especially with the good assosrtment of fruit trees available ....

Tony D
Apr 23 2010, 07:37 PM
Hey that's neat too. Can you "telepath" (I know that's not a real word....the voices are talking again) all of us and let us know what's going to be the next upgrade and how any neighbors we will need? That way we can start bugging perfect strangers about being neighbors early.:)Only if you add me as a neighbour :p:p:p

Oink
Apr 23 2010, 08:29 PM

Due to the "production time" factor, it's still worthwhile to produce Pine Juice Ice Cream and Hawaian Pizza at the same time - IF you have an abundance of pineapples.

If I have 1000 pineapples and dedicated them all to Juice production, reaping the profit would take forever. Thus, I spread the pineapples out to all three products; Juice, Ice Cream, Hawaiian Pizza (and I sell some pineapples to have money for planting). This way, all 1000 pineapples are producing items at the same time, rather than a single Juice item in linear time.

JAS0643
Apr 23 2010, 08:39 PM
Due to the "production time" factor, it's still worthwhile to produce Pine Juice Ice Cream and Hawaian Pizza at the same time - IF you have an abundance of pineapples.

If I have 1000 pineapples and dedicated them all to Juice production, reaping the profit would take forever. Thus, I spread the pineapples out to all three products; Juice, Ice Cream, Hawaiian Pizza (and I sell some pineapples to have money for planting). This way, all 1000 pineapples are producing items at the same time, rather than a single Juice item in linear time.

I do the same thing but that is because I have enough coins right now. Now as for the production time on products get neighbors to help you and the time is cut way down.

Tullia's Farm
Apr 23 2010, 10:16 PM
I do the same thing but that is because I have enough coins right now. Now as for the production time on products get neighbors to help you and the time is cut way down.

Not if your on My Space...

RevJack
Apr 24 2010, 04:19 AM
Jeb1944, the lost neighbors issue is a FACEBOOK issue effecting most, if not all games on Facebook. It is NOT a Farm Town issue.

tikas3
Apr 24 2010, 06:48 AM
In the "Juice Factory" we can produce Cranberry Juice but here lies the problem... have you ever seen a 'cranberry tree'? No, cranberries are grown on the ground hence we should have cranberry seeds available not cranberry trees. Help us out guys.........
Thanks,

Your wrong on this, matter of fact there is a cranberry Tree Farm in NC. Yes they do also grow on Trees, if you'd bothered to do some searching on the matter you'd have found pictures of them even.

fireman5214
Apr 24 2010, 08:21 AM
any word on the new release come out "later this week" with the new faciltiies? ii have coins to spend, would like to spend them on new faclities, but if they wont be out until next week, then i can get my land i want.

i thought for sure it would have been friday at the latest because i cant see the developers workng on a saturday...:eek:

Derbyshire Dancer
Apr 24 2010, 08:21 AM
Having purchased lots along the FarmTown trail, I have used up all the $ ... Am on level 75 and can see NO way of leveling up sufficient to purchase the CHOCOLATE Factory.
I have, however, got 10 million Coins .... PLEASE is there any way you can make an alternative Chocolate Factory available for coins as well as cash ???? ... I'm prepared to pay 500,000 or even 750,000 (I'd even pay 1 mill if need be :mad:) if thats what it takes until level 81 and above become available ...
Help, I've run out of insentive to carry on .... even though without FT I pull my hair out !!!! :)
Thanks for listening and for the fantastic game :)
Suppose a 4th farm would keep me going !!!!

Tatty Bear :)

ant carter
Apr 24 2010, 08:32 AM
Having purchased lots along the FarmTown trail, I have used up all the $ ... Am on level 75 and can see NO way of leveling up sufficient to purchase the CHOCOLATE Factory.
I have, however, got 10 million Coins .... PLEASE is there any way you can make an alternative Chocolate Factory available for coins as well as cash ???? ... I'm prepared to pay 500,000 or even 750,000 (I'd even pay 1 mill if need be :mad:) if thats what it takes until level 81 and above become available ...
Help, I've run out of insentive to carry on .... even though without FT I pull my hair out !!!! :)

i agree coins versions of cash faclities should be available even if they are slower like the windmills

Granny King
Apr 24 2010, 09:21 AM
Love this game! But, it has been a long week waiting on the new facilities. If the lost neighbors issues has slowed that down why not let us know? A little more communication from the Devs would be helpful...

phyllis.niese
Apr 24 2010, 10:14 AM
Love the semi, especially since trucking has been in this family for three generations, but I'm one lousy ft $ short, and I hit level 80. D***n so plz give us a way to earn those ft dollars without spending our real money --- can't afford that in this economy!!!

Granny King
Apr 24 2010, 11:51 AM
I always said I would not spend money on a game. But, then along came those facilities and who could resist owning a chocolate factory, my late husband was a truck driver so I had to have the semi, and on it goes. I took a look at how I was spending money on myself each month--usually a few dollars here and there and decided, considering the time I put into this game, I could skip a few of those treats for a month and instead buy FB. An added benefit? I already lost 2 pounds. Now, I am just impatiently waiting for more facilities!!!

spongebob2109
Apr 24 2010, 12:28 PM
Everyone is wanting more FC. Why not let us cash in coins for FC? One million coins for one FC. If you are at level 80 it would be 1 million coins and 1,000 xp for 1 FC. (until new levels came out) I know some people are saying I’m crazy ,but with all the new facilities its easy to make the coins and xp‘s. At level 80 we are making xp’s and nothing to do with them. When you bring out new levels we have already leveled up and asking for more new levels to get FC. This way we are using our coins having to plant more and come back to FT more often which is what you are wanting. Right now I do everything my self and do not hire from the market. If I need to save coins to buy FC I would mostly likely start going back to the market to hire and to get hired to make xp's. I know you are wanting to make revenue off of the FC, but wouldn’t this give you more ad revenue by farmers having to come to the game more often?

JustHikk
Apr 24 2010, 01:02 PM
I know you are wanting to make revenue off of the FC, but wouldn’t this give you more ad revenue by farmers having to come to the game more often?

Don't you think they would have already done that if it were true?

What gets old are people continuously wanting the devs to work for free because people want everything for free.

Want some FC? Pull out that credit card, support the devs, and get some FC.

NiMo1960
Apr 24 2010, 01:43 PM
But do you apply the same standards at Walmart with a 52" flatscreen HDTV? .

1) what is Walmart?
2) 52" TV ? I barely have room for a 15" tv and a 15" monitor.
Not easy living alone in a single room and keeping a job at 63
Oh! and I do not have a credit card, not enough income.

essexboy
Apr 24 2010, 02:03 PM
1) what is Walmart?
2) 52" TV ? I barely have room for a 15" tv and a 15" monitor.
Not easy living alone in a single room and keeping a job at 63
Oh! and I do not have a credit card, not enough income.

walmart is a big shopping place."it's abit like tesco over here in england,but dont hold me to that as im from england myself and I didnt come across any walmart stores when i've visited america many years ago.

try doing the offers and get free farm cash that way.

JAS0643
Apr 24 2010, 02:10 PM
any word on the new release come out "later this week" with the new faciltiies? ii have coins to spend, would like to spend them on new faclities, but if they wont be out until next week, then i can get my land i want.

i thought for sure it would have been friday at the latest because i cant see the developers workng on a saturday...:eek:

Two things you need to keep in mind.

The developers never stick to a time line they give out. I wish they just wouldn't give one because they never stick to it. I'm sure they do try and are not telling us a "date" knowing that it will not be out by then, but it never fells if they say it will be out this week it will not be out this week.
The neighbors issue is probably the reason this time. They are working on putting in a fail safe to keep it from happening again the next time FB decides to changes stuff. That has taken time away from getting the new facilities ready. They will be out soon we will just have to wait for them.

fireman5214
Apr 24 2010, 02:34 PM
The neighbors issue is probably the reason this time. They are working on putting in a fail safe to keep it from happening again the next time FB decides to changes stuff. That has taken time away from getting the new facilities ready. They will be out soon we will just have to wait for them.
[/LIST][/QUOTE]

only thiing is.... this neghbor thing was NOT only a facebook problem, like i have posted in many other posts... when that happened on facebook, my neighbor had the same problem on MYSPACE, lost all her neighbors, there were others in the market sayng the same. i wiiish people would stop blaming it all on facebook although i despise of facebook because they are well (not safe to say onthe forums)

earlgray
Apr 24 2010, 03:02 PM

Actually, I'd like juice and chocolate facilities available with coins for the additional reason that I think the ones that are available for FarmCash look silly.

tikas3
Apr 24 2010, 03:03 PM

It's easy, every day you can get 2 FTC ,, go load the App of the day in their section every day get 2 FTC every day, don't like the game, then go into you controls and remove it. Either way you get 2 FTC daily,, I do it every day.
that means at the most if I remember right, with the Chocolate Factory,, 15 days of daily applications.

earlgray
Apr 24 2010, 03:11 PM
It's easy, every day you can get 2 FTC ,, go load the App of the day in their section every day get 2 FTC every day, don't like the game, then go into you controls and remove it. Either way you get 2 FTC daily,, I do it every day.
that means at the most if I remember right, with the Chocolate Factory,, 15 days of daily applications.

Except that there HASN'T BEEN an App of the day for more than a week now.

lulu836
Apr 24 2010, 03:22 PM

Thank you for posting that. I hadn't seen it either and thought that maybe after you have used it a certain number of times it no long worked.

TraceyMush
Apr 24 2010, 03:27 PM
Thank you for posting that. I hadn't seen it either and thought that maybe after you have used it a certain number of times it no long worked.

ME TOO!! l thought l had run out of apps of the day!!

Tullia's Farm
Apr 24 2010, 03:42 PM
Everyone keeps saying do App of the Day, thats great if youre on facebook, but what about My Space players? Also it is said to look under Earn Coins, I see nothing for Farmtown Cash there, maybe another Facebook thing?

LoreneC
Apr 24 2010, 03:49 PM
Two things you need to keep in mind.

The developers never stick to a time line they give out. I wish they just wouldn't give one because they never stick to it. I'm sure they do try and are not telling us a "date" knowing that it will not be out by then, but it never fells if they say it will be out this week it will not be out this week.

I didn't see where the mods posted the devs indicated they are working on a fail safe to keep us from losing neighbors again. Do you have the link or are you speculating? Just wanting clarification. Thanks.

JAS0643
Apr 24 2010, 04:18 PM
I didn't see where the mods posted the devs indicated they are working on a fail safe to keep us from losing neighbors again. Do you have the link or are you speculating? Just wanting clarification. Thanks.

Yes I do it is in the official help thread for losing neighbors.

LoreneC
Apr 24 2010, 04:28 PM
Yes I do it is in the official help thread for losing neighbors.

Thanks Jas.

fireman5214
Apr 24 2010, 05:13 PM

you guys on facebook have the option to earn free farm cash or coins from the app of the day....

myspace users do not have the option, JUST coins:mad:

tikas3
Apr 24 2010, 06:40 PM

Yes there has been, I've been doing them daily. Not sure why you don't see them but me and my friends have been today's daily was something to do with driving, and Treasure madness was another,, can't remember them all but there has been

LoreneC
Apr 24 2010, 07:43 PM
Yes there has been, I've been doing them daily. Not sure why you don't see them but me and my friends have been today's daily was something to do with driving, and Treasure madness was another,, can't remember them all but there has been

I don't know how long you have been doing the apps of the day but I have been doing them for months. Lately there hasn't been much. There was when they originally released facilities but lately they have been lean for me.

Perhaps it is because you just started doing them that you are getting so many. Just guessing!:)

daughterofanative
Apr 25 2010, 12:58 AM
ditto......TY

JustHikk
Apr 25 2010, 01:25 AM
I don't know how long you have been doing the apps of the day but I have been doing them for months. Lately there hasn't been much. There was when they originally released facilities but lately they have been lean for me.

Perhaps it is because you just started doing them that you are getting so many. Just guessing!:)

I have noticed the same thing and wondered about it. Last fall I could do an App of the Day every other day (average). Now, it seems like I see a new one once a month if I am lucky.

Sir-Peter
Apr 25 2010, 01:26 AM
So far I haven't seen much of the social interaction mentioned as players rarely interact with one another in the Market other than to ask for "jobs" or announce "jobs" available, but the opportunity is there.
what are u expecting from a MARKET?
have u never been to the INN?thats for chat,Market is for Jobs ;)

essexboy
Apr 25 2010, 06:44 AM
Hey there,

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

are we going to get the new facilities then.it's sunday and the end of the week?

floritalin
Apr 25 2010, 06:48 AM
I don't know much about yet but I would like to expand my normal size of farm but i dont' know where to appoach,that's my problem at the moment i lost neighbours but i got them back...

RondaRoo
Apr 25 2010, 08:52 AM
While the dairy, pizza restaurant, bakery, ice cream factory, etc are all neat features -- how about some buildings so we can make towns, like school, library, church, maybe a seed/hardware store where you can buy the store items, movie theater, grocery store and roads instead of paths. More variety of vehicles and maybe garages. I think we have plenty of tree, flower & animal choices for now. Let's get some more building variety so we can make towns. Love the game, but getting bored.

Capriherb
Apr 25 2010, 09:23 AM
While the dairy, pizza restaurant, bakery, ice cream factory, etc are all neat features -- how about some buildings so we can make towns, like school, library, church, maybe a seed/hardware store where you can buy the store items, movie theater, grocery store and roads instead of paths. More variety of vehicles and maybe garages. I think we have plenty of tree, flower & animal choices for now. Let's get some more building variety so we can make towns. Love the game, but getting bored.

This is FARM Town, but you are right in that it is a TOWN too. But geeze, I'd have to have a 4th farm then! LOL
I would like some roads that we can put our vehicles on without them being gobbled up like they are in the paths.
I'd actually like for the devs to fix facilities to fix more of the other crops. A school would be a great place to make many different things. They can also add item of the week, like in the juice factory have a special run for blackberry juice for 2 weeks, etc.

NiMo1960
Apr 25 2010, 11:09 AM
Application of the day?
keep seeing it mention, but not seen it in the game.
Directions please

katiecakes
Apr 25 2010, 11:22 AM
App of the day is under the red "earn coins" tab at the top of the game. You basically just install a facebook application and 15 minutes later you get a few FarmCash in the game, and then you can remove the app.
They have a new one everyday, but if you do it often then they stop having them so frequently for you. I'd say you can only get about 20FC out of the app of the day before they effectively cut you off.

bubba's girl
Apr 25 2010, 11:29 AM
A clothing store would be fun too- it's time to get out of those overalls!!! Maybe some designer jeans to wear to the INN?
and a Bank where we could exchange farm coins for cash! I have over 5 million coins and can't buy a juice factory cause I don't have enough cash..(real estate rich and cash poor- the story of my life!)
just a thought.... keep those changes coming!
Bubba's Girl

NiMo1960
Apr 25 2010, 11:35 AM
App of the day is under the red "earn coins" tab at the top of the game. You basically just install a facebook application and 15 minutes later you get a few FarmCash in the game, and then you can remove the app.
They have a new one everyday, but if you do it often then they stop having them so frequently for you. I'd say you can only get about 20FC out of the app of the day before they effectively cut you off.

Just looked at it and .....
We're sorry, but this offer is not currently available

Hmmm.... ok
it just gave me to cash, even though the page showed nothing.

Next thing
How to remove?

lulu836
Apr 25 2010, 01:12 PM
App of the day disappears after you get about 20 FC from it over a period of time...........at last that's what I think because I have not seen one for the last 10 days. So everyone who is advocating that the FC is available through the App of the day..............any other ideas for getting FC when you've been at level 80 since the last level update? And NO I'm not going to pay real cash for points in a Beta game.

gjpierce
Apr 25 2010, 01:59 PM
I was so excited to read on a recent announcement the semi-truck was going to be made available to purchase items we need for our factories.
I am on social security and do not use credit cards, so please allow us to purchase the truck with our coins too. Also, I would appreciate it if we could purchase our fuel with our coins. Since I am disabled I spend a lot of time playing Farm Town, I am level 80, I have 19 Million Coins, and very little I can purchase because I have almost everything offered, I have the 3 farms and would purchase more if they were available to us. I love this game, thanks for keeping it interesting for us. I invite you to visit my three farms, Grands' Plantation, Grands' Country Farm, and Grands' Factory Farm, and I am Na'Na Joyce. Y'all come, You hear!!

Sir-Peter
Apr 25 2010, 02:05 PM
I was so excited to read on a recent announcement the semi-truck was going to be made available to purchase items we need for our factories.
I am on social security and do not use credit cards, so please allow us to purchase the truck with our coins too.
what u get from the truck u also can ask in your facility to be send by your friends,there is no real need for that truck,and i dont pay real money for a beta too(bought only last farm for 40 and i am 71 so had 31 in cash for truck,but was no need,so i regret to bought the truck

JustHikk
Apr 25 2010, 02:31 PM
Application of the day?
keep seeing it mention, but not seen it in the game.
Directions please

Open the game.
At the top, in red, is an "Earn Coins" tab.
The App of the Day, when there, is on that page.

It seems to be sporadic as to whether you get one and how often.

Not directed at you NiMo, this is general from me for the other people posting here as well complaining about the lack of ways to get FC.

Right now, I have 165 FC. I have bought all the FC facilities. The tractor trailer, the juice factory, the windmill one (FC one), the chocolate factory. Too lazy to look it up to see if I missed one. Additionally, I have bought - on accident - several FC items that are decorations (I have a purple scarecrow that was FC). I have NEVER spent one dime on FC. Every last one of them came from the Earn Coins tab and levelling up.

Does it take time to accumulate it? Yes. I had been collecting since last August or so when the App of the Day started (I dont remember exactly). I did the free offers that applied to me that didn't need a cell phone or CC #. And it has taken those 9 months or so to get where I am but it IS possible to accumulate it if you are patient and diligent about saving it.

JustHikk
Apr 25 2010, 02:35 PM
I think the rules/availability of the App of the Day have changed a lot over time. Last August/September when I started doing them, they were 3 dollars (do it 50 times and that dollar adds up quick) and a new one was out every 3-4 days. Now, its 2 FC and I see a new one about once a week.

At first, I thought it might be because I had collected so much in the past, but, I have checked on a friends account who has never done the App of the Day and she only sees one every week or two, just like I see.

It may be that they are slowly doing away with the App of the Day ?

NiMo1960
Apr 25 2010, 03:41 PM
Not sure if I did things right or not (am a bit dyslexic when it comes to understanding reading), but I clicked on one (the fanta one), it took me to a separate page which I closed almost immediately, went to my (fresh load)game and it gave me 2 cash, but now I can't see where the application is so it can be deleted? or did I actually not load anything to be deleted?

JustHikk
Apr 25 2010, 04:11 PM
NiMo, on your FB page, go to the Accounts menu (where you sign out) then to Application Settings. You will find it in the list. Just click the X and follow the prompts to remove it.

NiMo1960
Apr 25 2010, 04:30 PM
Don't think I installed it then, cos nothing out of the ordinary is showing

Lavenda
Apr 25 2010, 04:53 PM
NiMo, I don't think you installed it either. If you closed the tab/window without clicking on anything you didn't "allow" the application to link itself to your FB account. I always do this, click the link for the FC but don't click to allow the application to link to my FB account and I always get the FC (though some times it is slow... those "watch video" ones can be over 12 hours before the cash shows though they say 15 mins)

Jones
Apr 25 2010, 05:40 PM
So what happened to More Facilities coming this week. ???????????????

alexcine
Apr 25 2010, 07:35 PM
People have told me they have sent me things on Farm Town, but I have not been getting them Also I am not getting the friends that have been inviting and I have accepted. Please help

gomh
Apr 25 2010, 08:59 PM
i can't take the frustration anymore ... neighbors disappearing, gifts disappearing, everyone missing from marketplace, after hiring farmers you can't see them on farm to hire to plow ... etc etc etc ... it's not fun anymore

scrosses
Apr 25 2010, 10:58 PM
Could someone please direct me to the correct thread of these "apps" Or even tell me what they are?:) Thanks. Have never heard of them until just a few days ago.

pqpublicist
Apr 25 2010, 11:42 PM
I am having trouble loading farmtown I can get it to load to 21 percent and then it freezes. I have not been able to load farmtown. Can you help me?

thanks
pqpublicist

STROOPEWAFFELS
Apr 26 2010, 02:13 AM
i would like to know too

me three !!!!!!:D

mommo1953
Apr 26 2010, 03:09 AM
I have 2 farms - put facilities on 2nd one & animals & farming on first one. Last week I lost most of my neighbors & can no longer run my facilities - it tells me they are 100% but when you go to use them they tell you no animals. Where can I get help. First where did my neighbors go & why have facilities stopped working. Makes me not bother with the farm any more.

:(

Tony D
Apr 26 2010, 04:28 AM
I have 2 farms - put facilities on 2nd one & animals & farming on first one. Last week I lost most of my neighbors & can no longer run my facilities - it tells me they are 100% but when you go to use them they tell you no animals. Where can I get help. First where did my neighbors go & why have facilities stopped working. Makes me not bother with the farm any more.

:(Hi, The Dairy Shed, Chicken coop and Wool shed have to be on the same farm as the animals for you to be able to harvest the animals.

As for losing neighbours - this was a Face Book problem that affected a lot of us. The only way to get your neighbours back is to invite them to be neighbours again.

twempie
Apr 26 2010, 04:57 AM
Hi just wondered how ya get cocoa to produce chocolate liquor?

Tony D
Apr 26 2010, 06:38 AM
Hi just wondered how ya get cocoa to produce chocolate liquor?Hi, The cocoa is obtained from the cocoa tree. You can only get the cocoa tree as a gift from your neighbours. The harvested cocoa is placed in the chocolate facilities (which can only be purchased with farm cash) to make the chocolate liquor.

Zoe101
Apr 26 2010, 07:47 AM
are we going to get the new facilities then.it's sunday and the end of the week?

Yes I really wish you wouldn't say we are going to have more facilities and then not give them to us I was excited to see what the new facilities are and now the week is over and we are going into another week and still waiting :( lol.

I love this game thank you so much for all the things you have added over the last couple of weeks i think its made a massive improvement I was sick of waiting for something to happen and now have lots to do. I have been playing for over a year and i am one of the lucky ones who has never had a problem with any glitches of any kind, the game always works for me unless its a facebook problem. Thank you for adding new things for all of us who have been waiting and waiting while you have tried to fix glitches for those who have them it has been so boring for us while that was being done now its amazing. I do feel sorry for those who the game doesnt run smoothly but all of us who its works perfect for cant expect to wait forever. Happy farming everyone. :)

placl8
Apr 26 2010, 10:39 AM
The juice factory and ice cream facility are the best to have.

mommo1953
Apr 26 2010, 11:50 AM
OK then how do I move the animals to the 2nd farm??? I do not want to delete all my plots on the 1st farm & when I tried to move the animals it would not allow me to store & move them.

JustHikk
Apr 26 2010, 11:52 AM
mommo, you either have to keep a facility on farm1 or sell the animals as you cant move them.

amberdh
Apr 26 2010, 11:52 AM
OK then how do I move the animals to the 2nd farm??? I do not want to delete all my plots on the 1st farm & when I tried to move the animals it would not allow me to store & move them.

Hi there :) at this time we are unable to move animals from farm to farm.

Capriherb
Apr 26 2010, 12:54 PM
Hi there :) at this time we are unable to move animals from farm to farm.

You would think they would fix this glitch quickly. I'm hoping the release tomorrow will have that fixed. I have so many hundreds of animals on my main page that it really slows it down loading.
I'll happily buy them all new barns if you will let me spread them out over the 3 farms!! LOL

NiMo1960
Apr 26 2010, 01:10 PM
I never got on with Farmville as the images seemed so childish, but I did like the idea of placing your cows and hens in to buildings.
Maybe that option on FT will help with those have graphix problems and slow loads times?
I have about 40 cows with takes time to load, not just for me but also for those I employ to harvest or plow for me.

Capriherb
Apr 26 2010, 01:19 PM
I probably (seriously!) have over 400 animals on my load page. Maybe more. I don't think I've ever sold an animal since I started the game back when about all you could send as a gift was a critter.

farmer rock
Apr 26 2010, 01:29 PM
wish you would add stuff like chocolate syrup coffee and some of the other things available only as gifts!!!!

Capriherb
Apr 26 2010, 01:34 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that a coffee shop is in the near future. That's why we aren't able to grind our coffee yet. Just a feeling.... :)

Meranna
Apr 26 2010, 03:45 PM
You would think they would fix this glitch quickly. I'm hoping the release tomorrow will have that fixed. I have so many hundreds of animals on my main page that it really slows it down loading.
I'll happily buy them all new barns if you will let me spread them out over the 3 farms!! LOL

tomorrow? where did you read that?
Last I read new facilities & "goodies" were due this past week but put on hold to deal with "lost neighbors" and other glitches...been eagerly awaiting this next release & tomorrow sounds great to me, but didn't see it anywhere?!

Rebelgurl
Apr 26 2010, 04:41 PM
I have coffee beans , but need to grind them to be able to make Coffee Icecream , HOW !!! will we get some kind of a coffee grinder plant soon

Tullia's Farm
Apr 26 2010, 08:17 PM
Until a facility become available, you must ask friends to send you ground coffee for use in the ice cream recipe.

Dazey Maize
Apr 26 2010, 08:56 PM
Loving all the new features :)

calliopejane
Apr 26 2010, 09:20 PM
I have noticed the same thing and wondered about it. Last fall I could do an App of the Day every other day (average). Now, it seems like I see a new one once a month if I am lucky.

Oh is THAT the problem? I just discovered the app of the day thing a few weeks ago. Was getting them daily or every other day, until maybe a week and a half ago, and since then nothing. The drop-off was sudden and precipitous.

So maybe after doing a certain amount of AOTDs, your rate goes way down? But only one a month, you say!? It'll be forever before I get the juice factory at that rate! But at least it's better than "never" I guess, which is what it's been looking like to me. I'll keep checking.

DianaRo
Apr 27 2010, 12:35 AM
Facebook
Linked
over a year, since march 2009
Level 80

Hi I like the idea of Winnery. Not sure bout 4th farm, we have to learn to make choices.

This getting to be fun and even more addicting. LoL he he he

Thanks for all your work and time.
Diana ;-) "Miss Little Lake"

daybarb
Apr 27 2010, 03:14 AM
Thanks,
:D

Puzzle no more, you are mistaken. There IS such a thing as a cranberry tree,
(reference http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cranberry+tree)
however, it is not related to the cranberries we know in Cranapple juice or cranberry sauce. The cranberries we are used to are grown in a bog, similar to the way rice is grown, not on bare ground. This tree is related to the honeysuckle family.

Anyway, this is a game...if they introduce a marshmallow tree, I suppose we will all hear from you again! ;) lol

Barbara Ann Day
Come visit my farms!

daybarb
Apr 27 2010, 03:25 AM
[QUOTE=Derbyshire Dancer;3458330]

There is definitely a way...break out your credit card and pay a low amount to purchase the Farm Cash. Of course you probably aren't interested in supporting this fabulous game with honest to goodness money, even though it is worth it.
I can hear your pennies screaming from here!! lol

Come visit my farm!!

Tony D
Apr 27 2010, 03:48 AM
:D

Anyway, this is a game...if they introduce a marshmallow tree, I suppose we will all hear from you again! ;) lol

Barbara Ann Day
Come visit my farms!If they do introduce it I sure hope it grows in a Marsh :)

schris
Apr 27 2010, 10:11 AM
How about adding a coffee grinder/roaster!

Capriherb
Apr 27 2010, 10:19 AM
I have reached level 80!! I see more items I would love to purchase but I am out of farm cash! Is there any other you are gonna give us to earn these??? please I will be a good farm owner I promise

How much do you pay to go to the Movies? Out to eat? Renting a movie? Just buy the cash for gosh sakes! That pays for the salaries of those making the game. Folks think nothing of paying for other entertainment. This is the same concept.
I don't spend a lot, but I do buy cash when I want something badly... :D

Capriherb
Apr 27 2010, 10:21 AM
tomorrow? where did you read that?
Last I read new facilities & "goodies" were due this past week but put on hold to deal with "lost neighbors" and other glitches...been eagerly awaiting this next release & tomorrow sounds great to me, but didn't see it anywhere?!

I heard it nowhere, but I know that there has been no response to the coffee conundrum so my assumption is a coffee shop or something similar will be offered soon.

daybarb
Apr 27 2010, 11:24 AM
Love this game! But, it has been a long week waiting on the new facilities. If the lost neighbors issues has slowed that down why not let us know? A little more communication from the Devs would be helpful...

Granny King...guess you are one of those who always blame FT developers before knowing what really happened.

Right on this forum, it was posted that the error was caused by FaceBook and FT developers had nothing to do with it. If you had my experience all your neighbors are back!

Seems to me a lot of folks still need pacifiers, only a child would place blame before getting the facts! I believe you owe the developers an apology

Come visit my farms!

daybarb
Apr 27 2010, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=spongebob2109;3459030]Everyone is wanting more FC. Why not let us cash in coins for FC? One million coins for one FC. If you are at level 80 it would be 1 million coins and 1,000 xp for 1 FC. (until new levels came out) I know some people are saying I’m crazy

You named yourself quite aptly....how's about opening those purse strings and spending a few buck as other folks do. Maybe you could skip a movie and pay for a bunch of FC!
I don't wonder that people might think you are crazy...just as all the people of today always expecting something for nothing!

Come visit my farms!! :)

lulu836
Apr 27 2010, 12:59 PM
I make coffee ice cream...you don't need to grind it , just grow more coffee.

That is simply not possible. I have a slew of coffee beans but no ground coffee at the moment and you cannot make coffee icecream without ground coffee.

JAS0643
Apr 27 2010, 01:08 PM
That is simply not possible. I have a slew of coffee beans but no ground coffee at the moment and you cannot make coffee icecream without ground coffee.

Ground coffee can be sent to you as a gift from your friends.

lulu836
Apr 27 2010, 01:49 PM
Yep I knew that...........I get a couple of bags of ground coffee every day. Just makig the point that it cannot be done with coffee beans possibly to ward of any off the wall posts about how to make coffee icecream with just the beans. :)

Hidden Valley Ranch
Apr 27 2010, 01:52 PM
oops sorry, ya'll are right...I didn't realize it just used my gifted coffee and not the crops.:o

floritalin
Apr 27 2010, 02:01 PM
Hi! what ur own about coffee, am asking how to expand my farm i have not done anything yet I become more confused, thanks for ur help,but some people ask me things , I only need help to expand my farm& they gave me lectures , he he ....and I don't need to visit farm I don't think...anyway thanks!!!!

floritalin
Apr 27 2010, 02:12 PM
:pLulu, thanks! am not interested in making coffee,am desperate to expand my farm and learn some more ... thanks, we are not on the same purpose...thanks happy farming:D

JAS0643
Apr 27 2010, 02:21 PM
I don't know much about yet but I would like to expand my normal size of farm but i dont' know where to appoach,that's my problem at the moment i lost neighbours but i got them back...

Hi! what ur own about coffee, am asking how to expand my farm i have not done anything yet I become more confused, thanks for ur help,but some people ask me things , I only need help to expand my farm& they gave me lectures , he he ....and I don't need to visit farm I don't think...anyway thanks!!!!

:pLulu, thanks! am not interested in making coffee,am desperate to expand my farm and learn some more ... thanks, we are not on the same purpose...thanks happy farming:D

First lulu was not replying to you she was replying to someone else. Second you say you want to expend your normal size farm what do you mean by that?

floritalin
Apr 27 2010, 02:28 PM
:)Hi! am sorry if I thought u were refering to me, not to worry thanks for ur messege to clear, this...I will find my way , thanks ever so much....sorry for my mistakes...am learning .have a hppy farming..:D

lulu836
Apr 27 2010, 02:31 PM
:confused:

johnson mary
Apr 27 2010, 02:34 PM
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; SIMBAR={BBCC3956-876F-4fb7-8697-BC85DD242B58}; FunWebProducts; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)
Timestamp: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:07:20 UTC

Line: 70
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bookmarks&cid=bm

Line: 74
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?ref=bookmarks&cid=bm

Please some 1 tell me this is what comes up on farm town when I try to get in

dottyF
Apr 27 2010, 02:37 PM
I dont care about more levels but I am ready to purchase a Farm 4. :)

JAS0643
Apr 27 2010, 02:47 PM
:)Hi! am sorry if I thought u were refering to me, not to worry thanks for ur messege to clear, this...I will find my way , thanks ever so much....sorry for my mistakes...am learning .have a hppy farming..:D

You don't have to leave we are happy to help you but you need to be a little more clear on what you don't understand. I just looked at your farm and see you are level 26 and looks like you have a 12x12 farm. I guess I should have looked before but I assumed I know what you wanted. The largest a farm can go is 24x24 but we have been given a 2nd and 3rd farm for more room. There are people that want to expand their first farm larger then 24x24 instead of a 2nd or 3rd farm and that is what I thought you meant by normal farm. To expand your farm click on the map then realtor's office. You will see the options to upgrade from there. They have to be bought in order and since you are level 26 you can upgrade farm 1 to 24x24 size if you have the coins to do so. Another little hint if you go to the wrench and click on remove spaces you can get more fields on your farm, you will have to delete the fields you have with spaces and plow again to get fields with out spaces. Also take a look at the game guide on the forum it has a lot of helpful information in it.

floritalin
Apr 27 2010, 02:59 PM
:pThanks so much for the clear and nice info, i know the gaps in my farm how I arrange it,it's my fault, my down fall is lazy to read, my friends got really nice farm and i got a little envious,...so I will get on w/ it an see how I go...then I might disturb u again...thanks...:)

Push
Apr 27 2010, 09:19 PM
Okay,,,there is now a semi for transporting goods...my question is what goods and where do we transport them to and for what purpose??