PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- April 28, 2010

Pages : 1 [2]

Lynn Williams
Apr 30 2010, 05:35 AM
For me production limits = no production. I de-friended all my farmtown neighbors and put my facilities in storage. I'm not growing any crops. I'm on strike.

silky
Apr 30 2010, 06:10 AM
i also noticed we can no longer gift tomatoes or onions...:eek:?

Ttau
Apr 30 2010, 07:20 AM
I love this game but I think my mind is slipping..... weren't you able to get syrup from the maple trees? What happened? I was looking forward to pancakes and waffles...lol Did I imagne this?

LoreneC
Apr 30 2010, 07:27 AM
For me production limits = no production. I de-friended all my farmtown neighbors and put my facilities in storage. I'm not growing any crops. I'm on strike.

All real life factories have production limits. Workers can only crank out so much product in a certain length of time.

Charo
Apr 30 2010, 07:31 AM
15 days of product per item isn't enough??

janetscott9
Apr 30 2010, 07:49 AM
now i am at level 80 can i earn more farm cash other than having to purchase it

thanks

NZSHAKER
Apr 30 2010, 07:53 AM
I would just love a 4th farm so I can plant more money making products :)

I want to make it to $15 mil soon and then on to $20mil in the bank.....currently a tad over $13 :)

iguillette
Apr 30 2010, 07:55 AM
semi-trailer truck (hot dog sausage) batch of 5 units gives you 5 hot dogs. Costs 150 coins for (5)hot dog sausage plus 1 gallon of gas to get it delivered.I think there is a BIG mistake here.

Pete's Piggy
Apr 30 2010, 08:40 AM
I agree Jennifer. The reasonably priced Farm Cash is just reward for all the effort the developers put in to make our Farmtown experience better. This is a small price to pay for all the entertainment value received. Comparable to other forms of entertainment, Farm Cash is a real bargain.:)

Palantir
Apr 30 2010, 08:50 AM
"2. We had to limit the amount of products you can have producing at the same time on each facility.
The risk of inflation is too high which could impact the game dinamics significantly. The general rule is, you can only have 15 days of continuos production pending for each recipe."

Inflation?? This idea is just too liberal, now we have big government limiting our work.

Actually, the idea is not liberal or conservative, it's mathematical

It's also impossible. Prices are fixed in farmtown. There is no inflation. No matter how much currency players build up, there will never be any inflation given current game mechanics.

Limiting factory output devalues FarmCash. It makes it less likely that people will buy FarmCash because the things it buys are worth less.

You stabbed your moneymaker in the back, Slashkey.

I have a Masters' specializing in diagedic and exdiagetic game-related monetary policy, and I'm very inexpensive right now. Whom should I contact to see if my resumee got round-filed?

soupie4
Apr 30 2010, 10:17 AM
Apologies to Will Shakespeare for the misquoted subject line .. couldn't resist. :)

I LOVE all the new enhancements and developments, making FT even more fun to play ... though it's much more time-consuming to get everything done .. :)

I noticed one poster here was pleased to see tomatoes gone from the gift area, but I wanted to add an alternative voice .. asking for them please, please, PLEASE to be added back.

Apart from milk, flour, sugar and eggs, tomatoes are one of the most needed items for other products (pizzas, juice and now ketchup).

Milk, four, eggs and sugar can all be gifted, so it would be great to keep tomatoes as a gift item too.

Milk and eggs as gifts help me keep my facilities in a working state without having to overload my farms with animals so slow things down to a crawl. And, while sugar is also a possible gift, sugar cane takes only 12 hours to grow.

Tomatoes on the other hand take two days ... and even with three farms to play with, I find my tomatoes run out fast, as I do need to plant other crops as well. :)

Another option that would help is if we could use cherry tomatoes in place of regular tomatoes to make the ketchip and pizzas for example.

Just my two cents' worth on the tomato debate. :)

Lynn Williams
Apr 30 2010, 10:36 AM
15 days of product per item isn't enough??

It wasn't 15 days of production. My neighbors would come work my processing plant and wipe out over 15,000 pineapple juices usually in less than a day. It was good for them and it was good for me. I thought that was the idea... to promote more interaction with neighbors. Now with the production limits it not worth working, either for me or my neighbors.

I must say, had I known this was coming I would have never bought the juice factory. That was a waste of farm cash.

lahasman
Apr 30 2010, 11:07 AM
How do users obtain/buy chickens, geese, cows and goats to harvest via facilities (coop and dairy farm)?

amberdh
Apr 30 2010, 11:31 AM
How do users obtain/buy chickens, geese, cows and goats to harvest via facilities (coop and dairy farm)?

Hi there. These are items that your friends will have to gift to you :)

luvscats
Apr 30 2010, 11:55 AM
Fish are great, but WHAT do we do with them? Eat, Sell, Fertilizer?????

Farmer Homer
Apr 30 2010, 12:02 PM
I love all of the new additions, thank you!

I would like to see a 4th farm added, I need it for wheat! It seems that wheat is used in a lot of items and I can never grow enough.

I would like to see a refinery that turns corn into fuel to be used in the equipment, of course then I would need a 5th farm for corn. But it would be nice to be able to produce more fuel.

I like to be able to produce the goods I need rather than rely on gifts, I'd like to be able to buy the trees I need to produce the goods, right now that would be pear, peach, cherry, mango and cocoa. It also would be nice to be able to buy the cows and hens.

I'd like to see the chocolate factory produce more, such as chocolate chips for the cookies, chocolate bars, chocolate candy, etc

I'd like to be able to grow flowers to be harvested and sold in my flower shop, that would mean a 6th farm for flowers.

I know I'm getting carried away but I love this game more and more and I can see so many possibilities.

I would like to be able to grow food to feed the animals. Grain, oats, corn. If there isn't enough storage of these items, the animals would go away. I think that brings me to a 7th farm to grow the food to feed the animals. :)

Oh, and we need cucumbers to make the pickles in the food preserve factory. I love it all, thank you, I'm going fishing now.

diannevt
Apr 30 2010, 12:06 PM
Spending money on this game? I was going to spend $150+ on Sims 3 & expansions but I don't have the time to play it because I'm on my farm so much, sooooo I'll put money into this game which is so much fun.

I don't know if anybody addressed the question yet about what can be bought with the semi - ham, pepperoni & hotdog sausage is all that is currently available.

Love this game & all the new stuff. Thank-you developers for giving us such a wonderful game.

amberdh
Apr 30 2010, 12:12 PM
Fish are great, but WHAT do we do with them? Eat, Sell, Fertilizer?????

Hi there. My guess is that sometime in the future there will be a use for them in the facilities ( just a guess though) but in the mean time I have been selling them at the Marketplace.

The Phantom
Apr 30 2010, 12:53 PM
Raul, you guys are doing a great job with all the upgrades added to Farm Town lately. I just have one problem, I still can not work in any of my friends' facilities. I have tried all the options offered and nothing works. When the facilities were added I was able to work for who ever asked, then all of a sudden about two weeks ago I was no longer able to work anywhere. I know these friends have stuff in production and it has been longer than a day since I last worked for them. I know this because one of them is my husband and others are my kids. Please, any other suggestions on what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps it is the same glitch that prevents me from being able to send gifts to more than one friend at a time.

Thanks for any help.

Capriherb
Apr 30 2010, 01:34 PM
I have been trying to purchase my 3rd farm for over a week and everytime I go, it tells me that I need 30 friends..WELLLLLLLLLLLLL I had 61 friends until Farmtown lost them in the process of updating another farm or at least that is what I was told in an email I recieved 4 or 5 days ago. I have been patient enough, worked hard and long enough to get where I am and this issue HAS NOT been resolved...Why are you creating NEW items (food processing plants etc.,) when you can't even keep up with past issues? THIS IS NOT FAIR TO those of us whom have played since day 1, myself included and I refuse to play again until my 46 MISSING FRIENDS are put back on my farm.. I have notified these friends and WILL continue to do so on a daily basis on my WALL until this issue is corrected..They are willing to stop playing at the same time and also notify their friends who will then notify their friends until there are many many many people NOT playing. With all the new games on facebook, we can certainly get involved in others with less issues ie Farmville, Country Life, etc., and we will. THIS IS NOT FAIR...AND OF COURSE THERE IS NO STRAIGHT ANSWER AS TO WHEN THIS WILL BE RESOLVED...GET A GRIP FARMTOWN AND GET THE OLD ISSUES IRONED OUT BEFORE YOU CREATE NEW ONES...OH YEA,YOU ALREADY HAVE IN THE AMOUNT OF FOOD PROCESSING CAN BE DONE AT ONE TIME..
PATRICIA
Farmtown didn't lose them. FACEBOOK was the culprit. You can easily add them back by going to the neighbors tab and fixing the problem yourself.
I just hate it when folks threaten and all and it wasn't and isn't FT's fault.

Capriherb
Apr 30 2010, 01:38 PM
Raul, you guys are doing a great job with all the upgrades added to Farm Town lately. I just have one problem, I still can not work in any of my friends' facilities. I have tried all the options offered and nothing works. When the facilities were added I was able to work for who ever asked, then all of a sudden about two weeks ago I was no longer able to work anywhere. I know these friends have stuff in production and it has been longer than a day since I last worked for them. I know this because one of them is my husband and others are my kids. Please, any other suggestions on what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps it is the same glitch that prevents me from being able to send gifts to more than one friend at a time.

Thanks for any help.

Clearing your cache sometimes won't do the deed. If you go to Adobe Flash Player website and put troubleshoot in, you will find a long list of stuff you have to do when Flash Player starts messing up. Java, Adobe, and Windows all keep temporary files on your system and when that gets too much, everything starts messing up.

Capriherb
Apr 30 2010, 01:40 PM
Apologies to Will Shakespeare for the misquoted subject line .. couldn't resist. :)

I LOVE all the new enhancements and developments, making FT even more fun to play ... though it's much more time-consuming to get everything done .. :)

I noticed one poster here was pleased to see tomatoes gone from the gift area, but I wanted to add an alternative voice .. asking for them please, please, PLEASE to be added back.

Apart from milk, flour, sugar and eggs, tomatoes are one of the most needed items for other products (pizzas, juice and now ketchup).

Milk, four, eggs and sugar can all be gifted, so it would be great to keep tomatoes as a gift item too.

Milk and eggs as gifts help me keep my facilities in a working state without having to overload my farms with animals so slow things down to a crawl. And, while sugar is also a possible gift, sugar cane takes only 12 hours to grow.

Tomatoes on the other hand take two days ... and even with three farms to play with, I find my tomatoes run out fast, as I do need to plant other crops as well. :)

Another option that would help is if we could use cherry tomatoes in place of regular tomatoes to make the ketchip and pizzas for example.

Just my two cents' worth on the tomato debate. :)

I was disappointed to see that even my gifts of tomatoes and onions just disappeared too! So now I'm going to have to wait 2 days before I can do anything in my facilities. I'm pretty bummed, but I'll live! LOL

Capriherb
Apr 30 2010, 01:42 PM
All real life factories have production limits. Workers can only crank out so much product in a certain length of time.

You can also put facilities on all 3 farms and each facility can go to it's limit on that particular farm.

JW2009
Apr 30 2010, 01:59 PM
Hi, thank you again for all the New Facilities, it has really made the game worht while, however having said that I think it would be very helpful to have a seperate section for "What to Sell" at the market in your ITEMS box, because it's getting very hard to sell things at the Market with all the things jumbled in one section, I myself have sold somethings that I was saving for later use, but "ACCIDENTLY" SOLD THEM - I've also heard this from many other Farm Town User/Players.
PS: Also it would be cool if we can visit our neighbors and give them anyhting we want from our storage eg: small house or whatever. Thank You JW2010 ®

The Phantom
Apr 30 2010, 02:08 PM
Clearing your cache sometimes won't do the deed. If you go to Adobe Flash Player website and put troubleshoot in, you will find a long list of stuff you have to do when Flash Player starts messing up. Java, Adobe, and Windows all keep temporary files on your system and when that gets too much, everything starts messing up.

This is not the problem. My kids use the same computer and same flash player as I do and they do not have any of the problems with working in other farmers' facilities that I am having. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sheila Buttercup
Apr 30 2010, 02:12 PM
Brillliant...this game gets more and more fun....the only thing I would suggest, is that maybe things like seeds could be in alphabetical order in the Store, there are now so many items, it is getttinig quite difficult to find a particular type of seed.

Thank you

Saylorgirl
Apr 30 2010, 03:01 PM
I was disappointed to see that even my gifts of tomatoes and onions just disappeared too! So now I'm going to have to wait 2 days before I can do anything in my facilities. I'm pretty bummed, but I'll live! LOL

I agree I had baskets of tomatoes and onions that I had already accepted and were in my gift box. I leave items there until I am ready for them and then move them to storage. They should not have been taken away. That was just wrong.

Grey Mare
Apr 30 2010, 03:50 PM
So... I bought a lake, and started fishing... then I realise that it is costing me a fortune to fish. I noticed a cost involved several times, but only on the last deduction did I manage to see what it was costing me - I got 115 experience points and was deducted about 1300 coins.. I think.. this happened several times in one fishing event. seeing as the fish sell for next to nothing, this seems crazy... not worth the outlay of buying a lake, that's for sure..... :-(

dwp49423
Apr 30 2010, 04:30 PM
So... I bought a lake, and started fishing... then I realise that it is costing me a fortune to fish. I noticed a cost involved several times, but only on the last deduction did I manage to see what it was costing me - I got 115 experience points and was deducted about 1300 coins.. I think.. this happened several times in one fishing event. seeing as the fish sell for next to nothing, this seems crazy... not worth the outlay of buying a lake, that's for sure..... :-(

I just went fishing on my farm and there is no cost to "cast off". Yes there is a fee to buy the body of water but that is like anything on FT.

Molly Mew
Apr 30 2010, 04:39 PM

Hi Grey Mare. :)

Did you by any chance have anyone ploughing on your farm at the time? as that would account for the coins and XPs changing. There is no charge at all for fishing. :)

hannover5317
Apr 30 2010, 06:11 PM
stuck at level 80 and white status bar not moving but points keep going up can any one help me out with this please

Alanlee
Apr 30 2010, 06:23 PM
stuck at level 80 and white status bar not moving but points keep going up can any one help me out with this please

hi, there are only 80 levels to the game at this time. the points will continue to go up but the white bar barely moves.

MaryLouW
Apr 30 2010, 06:35 PM
It looks to me like the new ones have been fixed. I just checked and the far out prices are no longer there.

farmermuff
Apr 30 2010, 08:56 PM
Why doesnt the question mark, that tells you what the good can be used for, show up when you go to the market to sell your goods? It kind of defeats the purpose of having it if it cant tell you which of those items can be used in facilities while your selling. I was a little disappointed, I was planning to use that as a guide to sell my stuff faster. I thought I'd be able to go to the market and sell everything that didnt have a question mark next to it. :(

Tiffanytwirl
Apr 30 2010, 11:24 PM
Yea!!!! LOVE all the new stuff!! Eat your heart out Farmville!!

outlawgirl3464
May 01 2010, 02:51 AM
It would really be nice to get some more levels for the game. Preferrably a level higher than 20 levels at a time....quite a few of us are already at level 80 and then some. Perhaps the next addition of new levels could be to level 120....

Perhaps also those of us who have purchased facilities with Farm Cash could have some of our production pay us in Farm Cash rather than coins for purchase of the new facilities. Being on a fixed income I personally don't have extra cash to throw at a game.

That being said, I love the upgrades that ya'll have done so far and look forward to more upgrades in the future. Thank you Farm Town!!!!

Charo
May 01 2010, 03:54 AM
It wasn't 15 days of production. My neighbors would come work my processing plant and wipe out over 15,000 pineapple juices usually in less than a day. It was good for them and it was good for me. I thought that was the idea... to promote more interaction with neighbors. Now with the production limits it not worth working, either for me or my neighbors.

I must say, had I known this was coming I would have never bought the juice factory. That was a waste of farm cash.

Considering how much more you make from a pineapple harvest because of it, I hardly think it a waste.

Capriherb
May 01 2010, 06:30 AM
This is not the problem. My kids use the same computer and same flash player as I do and they do not have any of the problems with working in other farmers' facilities that I am having. Thanks for the suggestion though.

When you use your computer do you sign in the computer to you as a user? And then your kids as users, each separate?
If so, then the temp files will be on your side, not theirs.

PopeyeHelix
May 01 2010, 07:21 AM
Lettuce are so small, they look like seedlings!! lol

Mimikrie
May 01 2010, 08:27 AM
Hi Grey Mare. :)

Did you by any chance have anyone ploughing on your farm at the time? as that would account for the coins and XPs changing. There is no charge at all for fishing. :)

Molly, I had that happen also. all of a sudden I got charged for fishing.
and as well I've had several times where I did get charged when I hired people to harvest or plow

CordeliaG
May 01 2010, 08:35 AM
How come you can't do surveys to earn Farm Cash any more - that was really useful but now all you can earn is coins :confused:

I don't have the money to use to buy Farm Cash so was relying on surveys to get extra - now I can't buy the juice factory or the semi-trailer truck because I have spent my farm cash on the chocolate factory and the processing factory :(

Is this feature coming back?

Molly Mew
May 01 2010, 08:36 AM
Molly, I had that happen also. all of a sudden I got charged for fishing.
and as well I've had several times where I did get charged when I hired people to harvest or plow

Hi Mimikrie.
We have an official thread about this where we're taking details to try and find a fix. If you'd like to read and post there, that would be really helpful. :)

Here's the thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284722

quanahjoan
May 01 2010, 11:08 AM
Why not add more item to the truck for order? I understand that you want more interaction from farmers but what about those of us that have difficulty getting responses from our neighbors? You might add coffee, pickles, flour (for in between times of harvests), etc. Also please put peach and pear trees back on the order list from the store. Thanks :)

prettyponies
May 01 2010, 11:38 AM
LOVE the new Jam factory!! Thank you!!!

Since onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes were dropped from gifts, I got rid of my pizza place. I could never get enough grown for production, even with layering under the trees, without sacrificing some other production crop that was much prettier when matured, and quicker to grow.

So...the pizzarria closed up shop and off it went into storage. The lovely Jam Factory was placed on the empty lot, and I gotta say - I'm having far more fun with this facility because I can grow ALL the ingredients myself...and they look pretty growing in my fields and on the trees. My crops are all nicely balanced now on all my farms towards sweets production - juice, jams, baked goods. I ADORE my chocolate factory, and I love, love, love my bakery!

Hoping there might be a chance for adding apricot jam to the line-up? And possibly lemon merangue pie to the bakery (lemon, eggs, flour,sugar) to take advantage of those wonderful lemon trees??:D

Guess my sweet tooth is showing. :D

Oh, and if anyone wants to come fishing at my place, feel free. I have lots of streams and ponds - just kick off your shoes and settle down on the grass for an afternoon of lazy sport. I don't fish - I just like to look at them swimming around.

1fritz
May 01 2010, 03:08 PM
Huh? I would never have it from just gaining it. Don't you think for all the wonderful work these men and women have done for us, you can break with a few bucks to enjoy their game???

I agree the few dollars necessary to purchase some of the items. is minimal compared to the hours of enjoymen I've received from FT.

Browniemaker
May 01 2010, 04:15 PM
Can someone please tell me what the point of fishing is? We can't use them in the facilities...so what is the point?

Also, if these new crops that were released are to be used in the facilities it would be nice to know! I need a 4th farm because it takes sooooooooo long for some of these to grow! It's frustrating when you need something like ONE of something, like onions and it is two more days before you'll have some!

I say they should get rid of the stupid 12 coin dog and horses that do nothing and other junk in the gifts and put things WE NEED in them!

Double T Dude Ranch
May 01 2010, 04:17 PM
Fishing makes a few extra coins :)

Lettuce can be used in the sandwich facility. Anything that has a "?" next to it can be used in facilities.

Browniemaker
May 01 2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks. :)

I'm done fishing then...I have so much water on my farm I'm getting carpel tunnel from fishing...if I can't use it them no point in my catching them. lol

Charo
May 01 2010, 10:05 PM
Give me back that filet-o-fish! Give me that fish! Oooh!

Duck Duck Goose
May 02 2010, 12:31 AM
Wow, overdrive is right! what a bunch of cool stuff!
Lemme ask this however:

Are we EVER going to get to a point where myspace players will ever be able to "produce faster", or simply have the production times drastically reduced if the faster feature is impossible for us?
The reason I ask is that I have already ceased putting any more new stuff in my facilities, due to the fact it takes way too long to get a return back on my investments.
Once all my facilities are empty, they are to go into my storage untill the become more reasonably usable.
I might get the pond to go fishing for fun, and thats about it.
It sucks not getting more involved with the new stuff, knowing it will take too long on MS.

I assume that after 4 days of silence, my answer is NEVER?
But yet the ppl who keep asking where bread comes from gets answered left and right... get real ppl

JAS0643
May 02 2010, 12:38 AM
I assume that after 4 days of silence, my answer is NEVER?
But yet the ppl who keep asking where bread comes from gets answered left and right... get real ppl

The reason the bread question gets answered and your question doesn't, is we know the bread answer but we don't know the answer to your question. Until the developers make an announcement about the myspace users producing faster no one knows what they are planing on doing about it. I'm sorry but you are just going to have to wait till they say what if anything can be done about it.

daybarb
May 02 2010, 04:08 AM
can someone tell me what level the sandwhich shop unlocks? I've been working on a spreadsheet (that I plan on sharing, but held off when Raul mentioned more facilities int he last update) and would like to have all that info right from the start

Go to your cash register tool on the bottom right side of your game. Click on facilities and READ...the levels required are right there for you to see. BTW, you can buy some Farm cash...it is inexpensive 55 FC for 9.99
Well worth the price considering how great the game is...can't even go to a movie for that price!!!

Please visit my farms!! :)

PopeyeHelix
May 02 2010, 04:31 AM
Why we can't request cows, sheep and hens to be sent to us like we can with cocoa trees? :confused: It would be great if you could fix this; thanks in advance!

kiwirick
May 02 2010, 04:39 AM
Go to your cash register tool on the bottom right side of your game. Click on facilities and READ...the levels required are right there for you to see. BTW, you can buy some Farm cash...it is inexpensive 55 FC for 9.99
Well worth the price considering how great the game is...can't even go to a movie for that price!!!

Cash register tool? I must be missing something... :(

Farmer_Susan
May 02 2010, 05:41 AM

Same here! I saw this message come to my email (I'm subscribed to the threads) and I thought, "Whoa! I gotta go find out where that tool is!"

Seems like I do have a vague memory of being able to see all the levels required for stuff somewhere in the game but I don't remember where.

ant carter
May 02 2010, 05:43 AM
Same here! I saw this message come to my email (I'm subscribed to the threads) and I thought, "Whoa! I gotta go find out where that tool is!"

Seems like I do have a vague memory of being able to see all the levels required for stuff somewhere in the game but I don't remember where.

i think they ment the store

RWMDJM
May 02 2010, 08:48 AM
Where is a list of how much is needed for the sandwich restaurant and for the food preserve factory? ie: how much ham and cheese is needed to make the standard sandwich. How many strawberries or blackberries to make the jam?

daybarb
May 02 2010, 11:36 AM

Try looking at your game...as I said before..across the bottom right you will see several tools..the two people (for buddies), the walking man (for most work) The hoe (for plowing) etc.
On the bottom row is a tiny cash register..where you go to buy things...GOT IT???

dwp49423
May 02 2010, 01:12 PM
Try looking at your game...as I said before..across the bottom right you will see several tools..the two people (for buddies), the walking man (for most work) The hoe (for plowing) etc.
On the bottom row is a tiny cash register..where you go to buy things...GOT IT???

What you see as a cash register to me looks more like a building with an awning... (think late 70s/early 80s Sesame Street with Hoopers Store)

LoreneC
May 02 2010, 01:43 PM

That is not a cash register. It is the store.

JAS0643
May 02 2010, 01:49 PM
Why we can't request cows, sheep and hens to be sent to us like we can with cocoa trees? :confused: It would be great if you could fix this; thanks in advance!

If someone sends you an animal as a gift and you would like more of them. While they are in your gift box click on more and a wall post will come up for you to post asking for more of them.

I have to agree with the other person that responded to you that looks like a store to me not a cash register.

LoreneC
May 02 2010, 01:56 PM
I have to agree with the other person that responded to you that looks like a store to me not a cash register.[/QUOTE]

Plus when you scroll your mouse around it says "Store" and when you click on it it says "Store" at the top.

Capriherb
May 02 2010, 02:19 PM
I will break everything down and add this information to my data sheet but it will take a day or so to do all the math and get it added. For now I will quickly do wheat for you in the red windmill (it will be different in the stone windmill because it produces faster)

15 days = 360 hours
1 batch takes 2 hours to produce so that is 180 batches
10 wheat per batch so 1,800 fields of wheat is enough for 15 days.
That is 900 bags of flour every 15 days.

Now I don't know if you get help and take it down below 15 days if you can add more or not will have to actually try it and find out.

Okay, now my blonde roots are showing.
Are you saying "at a time" you can have no more than 180 batches going at once? Or that you can only produce 180 batches every 15 days? I haven't hit any limits yet, so I guess I don't understand.

JAS0643
May 02 2010, 04:12 PM
Okay, now my blonde roots are showing.
Are you saying "at a time" you can have no more than 180 batches going at once? Or that you can only produce 180 batches every 15 days? I haven't hit any limits yet, so I guess I don't understand.

You can only have 180 batches going at one time. If you get help with it you can add more as they finish what you have going.

MaryLouW
May 02 2010, 04:26 PM
You can earn extra Farm Cash by accepting some of those offers in the Market Place. I tried it, the first one I clicked had expired. Great... so I looked at the list of what else there was. There's NOTHING that I would click on - insurance quotes? Magazine subscriptions? Yuk! If there was something worth clicking on, I'd do it but it's like giving you a list of telemarketers and asking you which ones you want to call you. We all hate telemarketers so that's really NOT an option.

Once you reach level 80, which I have, you've gone as far as you can but your total experience keeps going up as you work on farms for others, etc. I would think the FC could be incorporated into that total rather than adding it to your total if and when they create a new set of levels. Then you wouldn't get more FC when the levels increase. Your account could jump up to the new level according to your experience but your FC would not change. You would start earning at that point.

In other words, your FC would go up as it always did but your level would not. If you spent it all and they introduced new levels the next day, you'd have to work a bit to get new things just like everyone else. This makes sense to me. :D

MaryLouW
May 02 2010, 04:27 PM
You can only have 180 batches going at one time. If you get help with it you can add more as they finish what you have going.

To clarify your comment... is this 180 batches total for facility or for a given product within a facility?

JAS0643
May 02 2010, 04:41 PM
To clarify your comment... is this 180 batches total for facility or for a given product within a facility?

No that 180 was for wheat for the red windmill each facility will have different limits depending on how long it takes to produce the product.

30 min = 720
1 hr = 360
2 hr = 180
3 hr = 120
4 hr = 90
6 hr = 60

mhedglin
May 02 2010, 05:08 PM
why can't I produce much icecream when I have all the ingredients I need? I click on it & nothing happens.But I check my storage & I have enough for lots more.....

Double T Dude Ranch
May 02 2010, 05:09 PM
why can't I produce much icecream when I have all the ingredients I need? I click on it & nothing happens.But I check my storage & I have enough for lots more.....

The first post explains it, there is now a production limit :)

Capriherb
May 02 2010, 06:19 PM

So why the outcry? The way folks are going after the helping in the facilities, you could have everything done in just a few hours anyway.
The key, as I see it, is to go to the neighbors section and gain neighbors who will work your facilities.
I did that when I got my facilities and have a great network established within a week.

MaryLouW
May 02 2010, 08:00 PM
...I always thought that guy looked a little seedy...

Yes, I got it yesterday. I went to there to see if there have been any new additions. Since I cannot update any more, I get the seed menu. It would be kind of nice if they left all the info there but sort of grayed out when you already have it. :rolleyes:

MaryLouW
May 02 2010, 08:03 PM
So why the outcry? The way folks are going after the helping in the facilities, you could have everything done in just a few hours anyway.
The key, as I see it, is to go to the neighbors section and gain neighbors who will work your facilities.
I did that when I got my facilities and have a great network established within a week.

I still haven't gotten a definitive answer to my question. I keep hearing X number of batches but my question is... is the maximum per batch based on each individual product or is it based on the facility itself?

In other words, do I have a max for blueberry jam and a max for strawberry jam? Does EACH product have its own max or is it by facility? :confused:

Double T Dude Ranch
May 02 2010, 08:30 PM
I still haven't gotten a definitive answer to my question. I keep hearing X number of batches but my question is... is the maximum per batch based on each individual product or is it based on the facility itself?

In other words, do I have a max for blueberry jam and a max for strawberry jam? Does EACH product have its own max or is it by facility? :confused:

Each product has it's own max, not the facility. I can make 1500 chocolate ice cream (its max) and still make coffee ice cream.

MaryLouW
May 02 2010, 08:39 PM
Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Is there a list somewhere that shows the capacity of each product?

It would be nice if we could somehow see how much we're using from our storage so we know when to stop. The pizzas are a good example. It would be nice to know the total we have in storage and have them deducted as you make pizza's. I get through the first four only to find I don't have enough tomatoes left for the last two.

I could go check my storage before I start but there are many other things like this - used for mutiple products. A little countdown meter would be nice!

This could be accomplished by putting a "meter bar" on each facility and load in the counts that you currently have in storage that can be used in that particular facility. As you started producing, each item used would be deducted from the meter bar. This would let you know where you stand at all times rather than making it into a guessing game.

Double T Dude Ranch
May 02 2010, 08:51 PM
Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Is there a list somewhere that shows the capacity of each product?

It would be nice if we could somehow see how much we're using from our storage so we know when to stop. The pizzas are a good example. It would be nice to know the total we have in storage and have them deducted as you make pizza's. I get through the first four only to find I don't have enough tomatoes left for the last two.

I could go check my storage before I start but there are many other things like this - used for mutiple products. A little countdown meter would be nice!

This could be accomplished by putting a "meter bar" on each facility and load in the counts that you currently have in storage that can be used in that particular facility. As you started producing, each item used would be deducted from the meter bar. This would let you know where you stand at all times rather than making it into a guessing game.

There is kind of a place here: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323270 But not everything is broken down, only some categories. That list is based off of this: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323010 and if you read through some posts, some of the items are broken down more.

zimberg
May 03 2010, 05:17 AM
Can I ask - when we put rivers/ponds on the farms, are they supposed to be stocked with fish already or do I have to wait for that initial time to pass before they will have any fish?

Thanks

Hi there Weezie, yes you need to wait between 8 and 24 hours for your fish to grow....have fun

driverdave
May 03 2010, 06:30 AM
with respect as far as the production limits go ...i jus click till i cant click no more and go t the next thing i can make till i either max out the productions or run out of ingredients....the stuff in store wont go off so all u got to do is keep on growing things to make the ingredients to make the products to make more money ...being too technical spoils it.....however i would really love to see the facilitys added to the tending so when u tend if theres work u get to do it and u help your neighbour and get exp and goods to sell ...its a win win and saves the innumerable back an forth from the homepage...i guess the only fly in it is the once a day only rule...maybe the devs can do a work around to allow it to be part of tending but only once a day....and also...one final question......when does the farmtown day start and finish please...what timezone does it zero to please...... great work devs and mods for keeping us all informed (b/t/w u guys and gals must have the patience of job having seen the same question asked so many times

KoKoMoM
May 03 2010, 06:31 AM
Love these new upgrades, especially the facilities! I'm making a million$ in less than a week. Now have over $25 mil and climbing fast!!! I have 3 farms but have run out of room for more facilities or goodies. Chocolate factory is a waste of $; can be gifted and little use for the chocolate. I keep running out of cheese..can it be gifted?
Also, can an option be provided that shows what facilities my neighbors have so i can gift appropriately? I've made a list, but it changes as they gain more $.
More ice creams, yogurts, cakes? just started wool..how bout a clothing facility?
Thanks, thanks for ur upgrade. FT is much more fun!! What next? ;)

HelenJS22
May 03 2010, 07:53 AM
with respect as far as the production limits go ...i jus click till i cant click no more and go t the next thing i can make till i either max out the productions or run out of ingredients....the stuff in store wont go off so all u got to do is keep on growing things to make the ingredients to make the products to make more money ...being too technical spoils it.....however i would really love to see the facilitys added to the tending so when u tend if theres work u get to do it and u help your neighbour and get exp and goods to sell ...its a win win and saves the innumerable back an forth from the homepage...i guess the only fly in it is the once a day only rule...maybe the devs can do a work around to allow it to be part of tending but only once a day....and also...one final question......when does the farmtown day start and finish please...what timezone does it zero to please...... great work devs and mods for keeping us all informed (b/t/w u guys and gals must have the patience of job having seen the same question asked so many times

HI FIVE Driverdave ..... you said exactly what I thought when I read one of the previous posts today. I do the same thing and enjoy PLAYING with my facilities. Agreed on the 'tending' of our farms incorporating the factories too.

driverdave
May 03 2010, 08:59 AM
HI FIVE Driverdave ..... you said exactly what I thought when I read one of the previous posts today. I do the same thing and enjoy PLAYING with my facilities. Agreed on the 'tending' of our farms incorporating the factories too.

High five back helen 5 on the side and upside down 5 lol ah well us aussies do have SOME good ideas lol but thanks for your support

alfyclown
May 03 2010, 09:31 AM
I would like to be able to move my animals from one farm to another, will that ever be possible? thank you. having fun with the game.

daybarb
May 03 2010, 11:48 AM

Thanks to those who corrected me, it has always looked like a cash register to me! Maybe because everything costs so much! lol
Anyway, I appreciate improving my knowledge, but honest to goodness, what I now know is an awning, looked like a cash register keys to me...at any rate, the advise I gave can come in pretty handy. People need to investigate what is on the game that they can use. I spend a lot of my time helping others to understand the game, as there are few who even know this forum exists! It takes a lot of time and patience with some players, but I enjoy trying to help others when I can...just as you helped me to have a clearer vision!
Come visit my farms!
:)

imyourangel2006
May 03 2010, 12:06 PM
would realy like to see more levels

sandra.l.huffman
May 03 2010, 03:32 PM
it is unacceptable in any civilized society to put katsup on a hot dog. please correct this terrible error immediately! we want mustard! :p

Yes!! Mustard! its the only way to eat a hot dog! Katsup is for Hanbergers:eek:

Mom4ever
May 03 2010, 03:49 PM
Now you have me hooked for life!!! :D

Anne R
May 03 2010, 04:31 PM
Love to fish - just wiched I could use the fish for something in a facility or something.

free1indeed
May 03 2010, 05:26 PM
Yes!! Mustard! its the only way to eat a hot dog! Katsup is for Hanbergers:eek:

Yeah...who puts katsup on a hotdog? Mustard and Green Peppers...that's the way to go. In fact... I don't put Katsup on anything. :)

Molly Mew
May 03 2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah...who puts katsup on a hotdog? Mustard and Green Peppers...that's the way to go. In fact... I don't put Katsup on anything. :)

OK so I'm really confused here. Is katsup the same as ketchup? And is that tomato sauce?
Lol you have to forgive me, I'm from the UK. :p:D

And with hot dogs.. fried or boiled onions and tomato sauce every time. Heh.

PRT
May 03 2010, 05:46 PM
Catsup, ketchup - probably the same as your tomato sauce. I put that on hamburgers and also on hotdogs, along with mustard and salt.
Like all the new stuff!!

Farmer Kate S.
May 03 2010, 05:55 PM
Hmmm. I've bee ntold that I'm a barbarian ...but I ratherlike my hot dogs plain! That is when ...I don't reallyupset people by putting peanut butter on the bun! I don't do *that* in public, I promise, LOL! Love the new things I can use ...like fishing! Adds nicely to my income, and I need all the help I can get! thanks, guys!

mandyp46
May 03 2010, 05:58 PM
when are the new level updates coming its ok having all the new stuff but been stuck on level 80 is a pain

Mom4ever
May 03 2010, 05:58 PM
I love this game but I think my mind is slipping..... weren't you able to get syrup from the maple trees? What happened? I was looking forward to pancakes and waffles...lol Did I imagne this?

I think maybe you imagined it, but it is an idea worth considering! :)

Molly Mew
May 03 2010, 06:12 PM
Catsup, ketchup - probably the same as your tomato sauce. I put that on hamburgers and also on hotdogs, along with mustard and salt.
Like all the new stuff!!

LOL thanks for clarifying that. :)

Hmmm. I've bee ntold that I'm a barbarian ...but I ratherlike my hot dogs plain! That is when ...I don't reallyupset people by putting peanut butter on the bun! I don't do *that* in public, I promise, LOL! Love the new things I can use ...like fishing! Adds nicely to my income, and I need all the help I can get! thanks, guys!

Err.. you have peanut butter with hot dogs? OMGosh.. :eek:

when are the new level updates coming its ok having all the new stuff but been stuck on level 80 is a pain

We've had no indication at all about any new levels. Only the developers know whether that's likely to happen. :)

The Phantom
May 03 2010, 09:19 PM
When you use your computer do you sign in the computer to you as a user? And then your kids as users, each separate?
If so, then the temp files will be on your side, not theirs.

My computer does a complete clean up of temp files. etc every night. But, no, my kids don't sign in as separate users. I am the only one with a user account on my computer.My husband uses his laptop.

The Phantom
May 03 2010, 09:27 PM
My computer does a complete clean up of temp files. etc every night. But, no, my kids don't sign in as separate users. I am the only one with a user account on my computer.My husband uses his laptop.

I just logged in to Farm Town on my husband's laptop and still was not able to work in anyone's facilities.

The Phantom
May 03 2010, 09:37 PM

What Barb is talking about is to the right of the trophies icon, which, in fact, is not a cash register but a store. This is where you go to purchase items for your farm(s).

Lavenda
May 03 2010, 10:17 PM

Wow, polite response? Not.

If you are above the level that an item unlocks you can't see what level something unlocks, there was nothing for me to READ, hence my question.

As for my FC comment, it was not a gripe about FC, just the timing. You (and that is a generic "you", not meaning you specifically) can comment about how cheap FC is until you are blue in the face, the fact of the matter is some people really can't afford it, and with the "application of the day" disappearing there is no simple way of earning it once you are level 80. That is a discussion for another thread anyway.

Duck Duck Goose
May 03 2010, 11:18 PM
The reason the bread question gets answered and your question doesn't, is we know the bread answer but we don't know the answer to your question. Until the developers make an announcement about the myspace users producing faster no one knows what they are planing on doing about it. I'm sorry but you are just going to have to wait till they say what if anything can be done about it.

The post was made for the devs and mods to see.
outta site outta mind. gotta keep it in their memory to do something about it b4 they throw out another 6 buildings i wont use without the faster feature.

sandra.l.huffman
May 03 2010, 11:45 PM
Wow, polite response? Not.

If you are above the level that an item unlocks you can't see what level something unlocks, there was nothing for me to READ, hence my question.

As for my FC comment, it was not a gripe about FC, just the timing. You (and that is a generic "you", not meaning you specifically) can comment about how cheap FC is until you are blue in the face, the fact of the matter is some people really can't afford it, and with the "application of the day" disappearing there is no simple way of earning it once you are level 80. That is a discussion for another thread anyway.

So then for me, i am at 80 almost 81 but then who's counting, the game well have to change its vocus from geting things that the game has designed for us to use, to uesing what we have aqueded to the best of our abulity. My mother would have called it "making do" like when we wanted a road we use a dirt path. For fun we, i have 14 xp 80s in my nighborhood, we are raceing to see who can get the highest xp from day to day. Another "make do"! We all like the game. thank You 8*)

SueW170
May 04 2010, 12:20 AM
Can someone please tell me what the point of fishing is? We can't use them in the facilities...so what is the point?

Also, if these new crops that were released are to be used in the facilities it would be nice to know! I need a 4th farm because it takes sooooooooo long for some of these to grow! It's frustrating when you need something like ONE of something, like onions and it is two more days before you'll have some!

I say they should get rid of the stupid 12 coin dog and horses that do nothing and other junk in the gifts and put things WE NEED in them!

Gosh, real farmers don't only grow what they can turn into products on their farms. In fact most don't. They sell their crops and fruits from trees. And commercial fishermen and women sell their fish. Which is just what we virtual farmers can do here in FT -- raise crops to sell. So although I understand we could earn more coins by turning the crops into products ourselves, these other crops are still useful in that they earn us FT "money" when we sell them at the market. And being able to fish and then sell the fish is a kind of little bonus. It would be nice to have a restaurant where we could serve fish and chips (along with other things) or make fish sandwiches in the sandwich shop, but even without that option, the fish are still "productive" when we sell them.
As for the horses, dogs and cats, real farmers have pets so it's logical to me that a farming themed game would offer that option.

Hey, I'm having fun

HelenJS22
May 04 2010, 12:40 AM

Hey Browniemaker, I figure that the introduction of fishing is a desperate ploy by the devs to make us all relax, chill out, get off their case and GO FISHING for a while. C'mon now, it is kind of fun and besides selling the fish gives us some extra coins. I know .... I know .... we don't want more coins!! We want Farm Cash, or an xp point for each fish we cash.

Marri
May 04 2010, 01:40 AM
...I need a 4th farm because it takes sooooooooo long for some of these to grow! It's frustrating when you need something like ONE of something, like onions and it is two more days before you'll have some!...

How about doing some forward planning? E.g. not sending everything into production the moment it is harvested but wait a day or so until you have a stock of crops. Or, having certain crops you use in a number of ways on a half ready schedule. I.E., I have two rows of tomatoes, one of onions planted, when they reach 50% I plant the same again and so on. So far I've not run out before crops are ready.

I need a fourth farm as well, but that's because I want to get crops off the tree, facilities, and animal farm because of lag issues. That not withstanding, considering my main farm is almost purely decoration, I must be doing something right. I can add anywhere from three quarter of a mil to a million a day on my products without even trying. I need something to spend it on!

PopeyeHelix
May 04 2010, 04:53 AM
Why I loose money and gain xp now when I hire someone to work at my farm?

DianaRo
May 04 2010, 06:25 AM
now i am at level 80 can i earn more farm cash other than having to purchase it

thanks

Face book
Linked

Hi, I can not go to pay Pal or bank, have hitch hikers and they will see info when type it in. So what can I do? Can neighbors that can go to bank send as gifts, what purchased with Farm cash?

Thanks,
Diana "Miss LittleLake"
Level 80

barr
May 04 2010, 08:52 AM
i keep freezeing when i am trying to seed keeps trying to loade social bid why

JAS0643
May 04 2010, 02:00 PM
Why I loose money and gain xp now when I hire someone to work at my farm?

Do you have someone plowing for you? If yes you are paying for the plowing and getting xps for the plowing.

Sir-Peter
May 04 2010, 02:18 PM
.....however i would really love to see the facilitys added to the tending so when u tend if theres work u get to do it and u help your neighbour and get exp and goods to sell ...its a win win and saves the innumerable back an forth from the homepage...
there is a 3th party addon for that
dunno if i can post links here,but just check google for farm town bonus checkers

free1indeed
May 04 2010, 02:27 PM
Gosh, real farmers don't only grow what they can turn into products on their farms. In fact most don't. They sell their crops and fruits from trees. And commercial fishermen and women sell their fish. Which is just what we virtual farmers can do here in FT -- raise crops to sell. So although I understand we could earn more coins by turning the crops into products ourselves, these other crops are still useful in that they earn us FT "money" when we sell them at the market. And being able to fish and then sell the fish is a kind of little bonus. It would be nice to have a restaurant where we could serve fish and chips (along with other things) or make fish sandwiches in the sandwich shop, but even without that option, the fish are still "productive" when we sell them.
As for the horses, dogs and cats, real farmers have pets so it's logical to me that a farming themed game would offer that option.

Hey, I'm having fun

I think the point is to wear out our hand trying to catch the stupid fish. I'm selling my lake before I get carpel tunnel syndrome. Not to mention a worn out finger.

free1indeed
May 04 2010, 02:29 PM
What in the heck are these dumb things for? I got one as a gift and have no idea what to do with it. I searched "Plant pod" and got nothing.

JAS0643
May 04 2010, 02:42 PM
What in the heck are these dumb things for? I got one as a gift and have no idea what to do with it. I searched "Plant pod" and got nothing.

It is a potted plant that you can put our as decoration on your farm.

CynthiaSue
May 04 2010, 04:08 PM
Hey Browniemaker, I figure that the introduction of fishing is a desperate ploy by the devs to make us all relax, chill out, get off their case and GO FISHING for a while. C'mon now, it is kind of fun and besides selling the fish gives us some extra coins. I know .... I know .... we don't want more coins!! We want Farm Cash, or an xp point for each fish we cash.

I know, how about making a rare fish in some of the ponds that sell for one farm cash? That would entice some of us to do more fishing as we don't really need the coins anyway. It could be really rare, like if you don't want to hand out much cash, like one every 1000 fish or more, and could be limited to only one or 2 bodies of water. It could even be limited how many rare ones you could catch in a week, or something like that.

CynthiaSue
May 04 2010, 04:17 PM
I would like to see the ideas implemented for separate storages. When I go to click on storage, even though I click the tab to see my items, it seems to have to go thru with loading all my food storage first. So we need a separate food storage and item storage. Also, we need to be able to put food items in a separate storage if we want to sell it, and then there should be a sell all button on the one we want to sell, but no ability to sell from the other storage. If one wants to sell something in that one, they should be able to move it to the storage holding items to sell. I personally do not want to sell some items, like coffee, even if there isn't a facility for it, as I am hoping in the future there will be. Also, I agree that there should be 2 market places OR you could make it possible to sell items from our farm instead of going to the market place. I have taken to hiding when I go to the market place to sell stuff as it takes me forever to sort thru my stuff to sell and there is normally a hire request when I get out which I end up declining. Hiding works, but it would be much better to have 2 markets or to be able to sell from our farm.

farmergaylord
May 04 2010, 04:19 PM
I know, how about making a rare fish in some of the ponds that sell for one farm cash? That would entice some of us to do more fishing as we don't really need the coins anyway.

You may be right. :-) But now that they've deployed a BANNER ad above (to go along with the one that was always BELOW) our farms .... Do ya think maybe they'll at least make ALL the facilities purchasable with coins?

Neva Rawlins
May 04 2010, 04:25 PM
First of all I love farm Town and all the new facilities and such however, there is no fishing rod in my store where the notice says it is. Thanks for your help, as always!

Farmer Kate S.
May 04 2010, 04:38 PM
Maybe some of you don't need coins, but some of us, like me, do, so I very much appreciae being able to sell fish, especially, for pysical easons, I cannot work on other peoples' farms. BTW, I notice that someone put a lwash on the gift guy! He still wanders in, but only once per session ...and thank, thank you, THANK YOU, for *that*! I don't know how much trouble this would be ...but I'd be hapier if I only got neighbor help requests on my own farm. sometimes I'm hunting for flowers to water (one click waering on other farms? Please?) when I get a help request. I have to either accept it, and leave in the middle of what I'm doing, o decline it, and miss the opportunity. Not a big thing ...6 points and 20 coins, I know ...but ...it's one of of those little "grace notes" that I would love to see. All in all, though I don't have facilities at this point, I am pleased with this current update! You devs are just making this game better and better!

Molly Mew
May 04 2010, 05:16 PM
First of all I love farm Town and all the new facilities and such however, there is no fishing rod in my store where the notice says it is. Thanks for your help, as always!

It's not in the store, it's in the 'toolbox' at the lower right of the farm, right above the map (where the watering can is)

CynthiaSue
May 04 2010, 05:18 PM

My fishing rod is not in the store, but perhaps that is not what you really meant. At any rate, my fishing rod is to the far right in the row of icons. It is the last one, right after the harvesting icon below your farm. If you click on that box of tools, a list pops up. The bottom one is the plow you use to delete plots, the second one up is the fishing rod, at least it is on my farm. Perhaps one would have to have a body of water for it to appear there, that I dont know.

Capriherb
May 04 2010, 06:24 PM
I think maybe you imagined it, but it is an idea worth considering! :)

You are thinking of FV.

Capriherb
May 04 2010, 06:25 PM
I have made a nice relaxing little restaurant area on my main page. Now if I can ever move my animals around, I'll expand it.

Tony D
May 04 2010, 07:32 PM
You may be right. :-) But now that they've deployed a BANNER ad above (to go along with the one that was always BELOW) our farms .... Do ya think maybe they'll at least make ALL the facilities purchasable with coins?Given the Top banner (in Australia at least) is for a way to earn Farm Cash - I very much doubt it.

Mr. H
May 04 2010, 09:05 PM
Maybe some of you don't need coins, but some of us, like me, do, so I very much appreciae being able to sell fish, especially, for pysical easons, I cannot work on other peoples' farms. BTW, I notice that someone put a lwash on the gift guy! He still wanders in, but only once per session ...and thank, thank you, THANK YOU, for *that*! I don't know how much trouble this would be ...but I'd be hapier if I only got neighbor help requests on my own farm. sometimes I'm hunting for flowers to water (one click waering on other farms? Please?) when I get a help request. I have to either accept it, and leave in the middle of what I'm doing, o decline it, and miss the opportunity. Not a big thing ...6 points and 20 coins, I know ...but ...it's one of of those little "grace notes" that I would love to see. All in all, though I don't have facilities at this point, I am pleased with this current update! You devs are just making this game better and better!

Farmer Kate, you don't have to wait for the pop-ups to come up to tend your neighbors farms. When I was chasing that 15th trophy I used to sign on and the first thing I would do is visit all my neighbors and tend their farms. You never miss any opportunities that way and you don't get annoying pop-ups when you are in the middle of doing something. Just go down the list of neigbors and if you haven't visited them the pop-up will come up when you get to their farm.

akmcdade
May 04 2010, 10:06 PM
The fishing's fun and I have several restaurants and factories, but I'm ready for the challenge of more levels. I've been at 80 for several months and I'm bored.

Angel7
May 05 2010, 12:02 PM
I still keep hearing complaints about the chocolate factory being a waste. Remember, Farm Town can, and will, remove items from being sent as gifts (you used to be able to send apple trees, but now you can't - right). You will be glad you have that chocolate factory when they decide to quit sending that item as a gift. I just now bought my chocolate factory cause I am having SO much fun making cookies & cakes that I wouldn't want to be without. So, quit complaining and give Farm Town developers a huge THANK YOU for anything and everything they give us.

SunnyD
May 05 2010, 12:05 PM
I would like to see the ideas implemented for separate storages. When I go to click on storage, even though I click the tab to see my items, it seems to have to go thru with loading all my food storage first. So we need a separate food storage and item storage. Also, we need to be able to put food items in a separate storage if we want to sell it, and then there should be a sell all button on the one we want to sell, but no ability to sell from the other storage. If one wants to sell something in that one, they should be able to move it to the storage holding items to sell. I personally do not want to sell some items, like coffee, even if there isn't a facility for it, as I am hoping in the future there will be. Also, I agree that there should be 2 market places OR you could make it possible to sell items from our farm instead of going to the market place. I have taken to hiding when I go to the market place to sell stuff as it takes me forever to sort thru my stuff to sell and there is normally a hire request when I get out which I end up declining. Hiding works, but it would be much better to have 2 markets or to be able to sell from our farm.

If you go into offline mode then go to the market you don't see anyone there and no one sees you..... take your time and sell your products....... click play to go back to your farm or you will be invisible to people......

sassykat
May 05 2010, 12:23 PM
ok i dont like spending money for games any more then the next person, however, if you went to a shop to buy a game like this you'd spend about $50.00 usd.. and you get NO free upgrades, no support no nothing.. then everytime an update did come out its not simply added you have to go out and purchase the upgrade yet again!.. So honestly while I dont really buyin the things i truly want at the same time, they can't do all of this free, you wouldn't go to your job day in and day out and expect to not get paid would you? so the small amounts of cash here and there I dont mind erm.. too much lol.... as for people wanting to know why they have removed the option to earn farmcash by doing surveys? theres a solution to that as well!... Go to google and do a search for paid surveys and use the cash you make off of those to purchase farm cash?... I have accounts with paid surveys and a company called inbox dollars.. you get money just for clicking the add and more when you do a survey .. granted is only a few cents here and there but it adds up.. just an option :)

dottyF
May 05 2010, 12:36 PM
If you go somewhere and they have game machines or you play pool you will spend your money and leave and it is over with. With this you get hours and hours of entertainment for your money. I dont mind at all.

Saphyre49
May 06 2010, 08:25 AM
I am a Loyal farmtown player and once in awhile I do buy farmtown cash and do not mind as this is the best app on facebook with the least problems . I love farmtown it is the first game I started . and can't get enough of. I love the factories and just wish that we could have items to make it look like a town as well. Even though I have played other games My loyalties are to farmtown . and always will be . Thank you Farmtown developers for a great game you all Rock . Looking forward to more . I have 3 farms and upgraded the third farm . level 74 . Have an awesome day and weekend to come everyone .
Saphyre 49

jesdreher
May 06 2010, 03:03 PM
This FT addict is jonesin' for a new update. Must....add...new...facility. Must....add....4th...farm. The problem with each new update is that it makes me crave even more updates. Please feed my addiction. I'm cold and shivering. Just one more hit.

calliopejane
May 06 2010, 04:14 PM
I would like it if more of the crops were usable for something in facilities. As it is, some crops are usable for MANY different things (like tomatoes, pineapples, onions), and lots of crops are useful for NONE. Would be nice to have the "usefulness" spread around a bit more.

For the first time I did do an offer for FC, since that banner ad for Blooms Today showed up right next to the sticky note on my monitor saying "Mother's Day is Sunday!" which was there to remind me to send something to mom. So I figured I might as well use that company (they had a perfect little gift basket) and got my $58 farm cash (58!! woo-hoo!!). Bought the transport truck. Which is nice, but really slow - that HUGE semi can only transport FIVE hot dogs at a time???

Farmer Kate S.
May 06 2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks! I must admit, although I've certainly visited my shae of neighbors, I didn't realize that once I visited them, I wouldn't get the pop up. this helps!

Farmer Kate S.
May 06 2010, 06:12 PM
I know everyone is all excited about their facilities, and that's great ...but there are those who don't have any yet, or don't *want* any ...so not everything in FT should revolve around facilities. Besides, I like some of those "useless" crops, if, fo no othe reason, that they are pretty, and some of them bring in excellent money, as well. I like to see a good variety in gifts, too ...not just "usable" things for facilities. I happen to love trees and flowes ...and cats ...and I think this game is for everyone who plays it, not just for those who have invested in facilities, although I wish them much fun and good fortune, and, one of these days, I might even get me a bakery and a sandwich shop ...but when I do, I also hope I don't forget that I'm not the only kind of player, and that what I need is no more important than what others need and/or enjoy.

susan gardner jimison
May 06 2010, 08:51 PM
whith all the new plants, i am having trouble planting enough stuff to put through them. now u put a limit on how much we can make. when are we going to get the 4th farm so we have enough room to plant? thanks for listening to me gripe...lol

FarmTownLoverInMaine
May 07 2010, 07:31 AM
You have all done WONDERFUL with all the updates....LOVE THEM!!!!:p:p:p

Just wondering (not being pushy here) when we should expect to have levels beyond 80. Many of my neighbors are at 80 and they keep asking me so I thought since I'm the only one who seems to come to the forum to get info (they must be scared of you ( :eek: ) I would ask.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Again....GREAT JOB on all the advancements thus far!!!!

Christine ;)
Level 80 and loving it!

PRT
May 07 2010, 08:20 AM
To me, fishing is mindless entertainment that makes money. I try to fish all the waters once a day at least. Fish add up and they cost nothing. Most of us had water to start with.

JORGEL
May 07 2010, 05:20 PM
hola soy de farm town y quisiera quitar a una chama que era mi vecina a ella la elimine de vecina,de amiga del facebook pero m sigue apareciendo su avatar como puedo hacer por favor hasta la ingnore porfavor si saben algo digame

mommysangels
May 07 2010, 10:38 PM
are we getting a 4th farm yet my 1st and second farm is full of feilds and trees my 3rd is facilities , trees and animals the more facilities the more crops and trees we need but no room for it all , thanks

SueW170
May 08 2010, 01:29 AM
I know everyone is all excited about their facilities, and that's great ...but there are those who don't have any yet, or don't *want* any ...so not everything in FT should revolve around facilities. Besides, I like some of those "useless" crops, if, fo no othe reason, that they are pretty, and some of them bring in excellent money, as well. I like to see a good variety in gifts, too ...not just "usable" things for facilities. I happen to love trees and flowes ...and cats ...and I think this game is for everyone who plays it, not just for those who have invested in facilities, although I wish them much fun and good fortune, and, one of these days, I might even get me a bakery and a sandwich shop ...but when I do, I also hope I don't forget that I'm not the only kind of player, and that what I need is no more important than what others need and/or enjoy.
You brought up a very good point, Kate. While I do have four of the facilities on my 2nd farm, I enjoy the original aspect of the game, virtual farming and scene design, and plant a variety of crops, those I use in the facilities and others, too. So agree that as participants in the FT ap, we all have different things we enjoy most about it and hopefully the developers won't ever gear it totally toward factories and restaurants. I don't think they will, since the farming is still the core of the application.
Visited your farm -- really like the way you've designed it:)

bjculver
May 08 2010, 10:00 AM
I just love farmtown and all the new features. I would like to see some new buildings such as library, church, city hall, etc. come available to buy with our coins. That way, we can incorporate a town with our farms. I believe alot of folks would enjoy these features.

Brizo
May 08 2010, 10:49 AM
Appreciate the new upgrades and all the different tthings we can do. I want to suggest some options for the 5 day trees: 1) we are allowed to buy the 5 day trees, 2) do something to shorten harvest time or 3) not need so many to make products in the food preserve, ice cream factory etc.

The trees I am talking about are coconut, cherry, mango, pear and peach. Currently, even if you have a big crop of these trees , and wait for all to be harvested, since they take 5 days to harvest, and you never several to make a batch in any facilities, you can't hardly make anything with them. The facilities are barely utilized. I want to be able to buy these trees and not be dependent on my friends- there are so many other things we can gift each other. If we can't buy them, please look at the harvest length or the facilities requirments. Thanks , and thanks for all the great work and great game :)

SueW170
May 08 2010, 01:38 PM
I just love farmtown and all the new features. I would like to see some new buildings such as library, church, city hall, etc. come available to buy with our coins. That way, we can incorporate a town with our farms. I believe alot of folks would enjoy these features.
Originally hadn't though about a town, but as the game has progressed, this idea makes sense. I probably wouldn't do a town unless the game expands to a 4th farm, but many players seem to like this idea and it would help maintain continued interest in FT. Currently I have the home farm, (1st one), my second farm with fields of crops and facilities along the road and plan to create a sort of wooded mountain (or hilly) retreat on my third farm when I get to that point. However, I could envision a 4th farm with a town hall, post office, general store, gas station, library and houses. A town square or park with the gazebo, swings, maybe a band stand if that's added to the buildings.
Also, it would be nice to have people figures to place in a town -- and on our current farms, too.
Such fun to plan and design layouts :)

SuzieRae
May 08 2010, 03:50 PM
Originally hadn't though about a town, but as the game has progressed, this idea makes sense. I probably wouldn't do a town unless the game expands to a 4th farm, but many players seem to like this idea and it would help maintain continued interest in FT.

Not much room for a town now, but I have built a small one

Stop by and wander through some time :)

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=log&farm_uid=1604928678&farm_id=1604928678&farm_ix=1&action=memory&params=initial-159%20%20now-361&comments=

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=log&farm_uid=1604928678&farm_id=1604928678&action=memory&params=initial-162%20%20now-331&comments=

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 08 2010, 07:39 PM
Originally hadn't though about a town, but as the game has progressed, this idea makes sense. I probably wouldn't do a town unless the game expands to a 4th farm, but many players seem to like this idea and it would help maintain continued interest in FT. Currently I have the home farm, (1st one), my second farm with fields of crops and facilities along the road and plan to create a sort of wooded mountain (or hilly) retreat on my third farm when I get to that point. However, I could envision a 4th farm with a town hall, post office, general store, gas station, library and houses. A town square or park with the gazebo, swings, maybe a band stand if that's added to the buildings.
Also, it would be nice to have people figures to place in a town -- and on our current farms, too.
Such fun to plan and design layouts :)

i have a town on my first farm.. when i get to buying the 3rd im going to make that one all crops then turn my farm 2 into a industrial city with all the factories

prettyponies
May 08 2010, 09:18 PM
I created a town (on the outskirts of a farm) on my third place. :) It was the only reasonable thing to do - decoratively and creatively - with the facilities.

You're welcome to stop in and stroll the streets, buy some pop corn or a hot dog, look at the factories, buy some ice cream or a cake at the bakery, and even visit the playground next door. If you're inclined to fish, there is a stream nearby with orchard trees for shade. The perfect place to spend a sunny afternoon.

kazzaqld
May 08 2010, 09:21 PM
This FT addict is jonesin' for a new update. Must....add...new...facility. Must....add....4th...farm. The problem with each new update is that it makes me crave even more updates. Please feed my addiction. I'm cold and shivering. Just one more hit.

And here I thought it was just me! :) :D

Charo
May 09 2010, 03:29 PM
It is getting to the point now that we do need the 4th farm, there is not enough space for all the facilities and to have enough to grow some of everything, as well as enjoy the little decorative things like pools, greenhouses, etc.

MaryLouW
May 09 2010, 06:52 PM
I don't think I'd want to see more crops used - with 3 farms and all the rest, there isn't enough room to plant enough to keep all the facilities going as it is.

I love the fishing!! I only do it when I have a worker on the farm, it gives me something to do and believe me, those fish points add up!!

I have a wee problem with that third farm. The little square goes up a bit under the top bar on my monitor and sometimes, I really have to work to click it! What would REALLY be nice is if we had a little "index" that gave the name of each of our farm areas instead of that little diamond shape. They seem to me to be backward. I would think farm #1 would be the top diamond, then 2, followed by 3 below.

We all have a zillion little things we want, including me, but until I get them, I'm quite happy with what I already have!! I've been playing for almost 3 months now and enjoyed every moment. I have my 3 farms, level 80, have all the facilities and am now just maintaining things.

I do wish we had a coffee shop where we could grind our own coffee. It could be a very small little building like the red windmill. That would be really nice!!

Keep up the good work - you guys rock!!

luvscats
May 09 2010, 06:59 PM
I, like many, did not realize that the animals needed to be on the same farm as the facility. Why not give us ONE opportunity to move all our critters to one farm? I was wondering why i kept running out of cow milk with 30 cows. Same with eggs.

Tipka
May 10 2010, 12:05 PM
I just bought new facilities, yippee:D Now it would be nice to have that 4th farm. And I would be very happy if I could grind my own coffee and made some pickles.

andromyda
May 10 2010, 04:42 PM
Hey there,

We just released a new version with the following features/changes:

1. You can now fish at your farm in the ponds, lakes and rivers using the Fishing Rod in the tools menu (below the watering can). These are the rules:

- If you had already water items in your farms, your fish are almost sure already grown so you can start fishing right away. If you just purchased a water item, then you may have to wait 8 or 24 hours for the fish to grow.

- To fish, just select the Fishing Rod and start clicking on the water. You will see the Fish count decreasing as you start catching fish.

- If the fish count is 0, it means you need to wait until all fish grow again. You don't need to wait until the counter gets to 0 as that can be quite hard, your lake or river will be full with fish in 8 or 24 hours anyways.

- On the 'Ponds' section on the store, click the '?' icon next to each item to see the type of fish living on it, how fast the fish grow again, etc.

- In general, the less fish in the water, the harder it gets.

2. We had to limit the amount of products you can have producing at the same time on each facility.

The risk of inflation is too high which could impact the game dinamics significantly. The general rule is, you can only have 15 days of continuos production pending for each recipe.

3. Sandwich Restaurant Facility (Coins) allows you to make:

- Standard Sandwich (Ham/Cheese)
- Sandwich with Veggies (add Lettuce and Tomatoes)
- Sandwich Supreme (Add Pickles and Onions) -> Get pickles from friends for now, later on you will be able to produce them on the Food Preserve Factory.
- Hotdog -> get Sausage from friends or order them from the Semi-Truck tool. Get Ketchup from friends or make it on the Food Preserve Factory.

4. Food Preserve Factory (FarmCash) allows you to make:

- Strawberry and Blackberry Jams
- Pear and Peach Slices in Conserve
- Orange Marmalade
- Ketchup
- Fruit Cocktail

5. 7 new crops available:

Lettuce, Peanut, Mint, Grape Tomato, Celery, Garlic and Ginger.

6. In the storage, there is now a '?' button next to each product that can be used as ingredient for other products. This will allow you to quickly make a better decision about selling the item or use it to create other products.

Sorry for the long post.

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul
Everyone says you get the fishing pole in the tools section, All I have are tractors and a trailer truck and seeders in my tools. So how do I get the fishing pole?

Thanks
Andromyda

LoreneC
May 10 2010, 04:54 PM
Everyone says you get the fishing pole in the tools section, All I have are tractors and a trailer truck and seeders in my tools. So how do I get the fishing pole?

Thanks
Andromyda

They dont mean the tools in the store. It is above or below the watering can.

SunnyD
May 10 2010, 05:46 PM
Finally a tree I know about Plantain...... my mom makes the number one best fried plantains...... yummy

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14138&pictureid=34398

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14138&pictureid=34394