PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- April 28, 2010

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Apr 28 2010, 07:03 PM
Hey there,

We just released a new version with the following features/changes:

1. You can now fish at your farm in the ponds, lakes and rivers using the Fishing Rod in the tools menu (below the watering can). These are the rules:

- If you had already water items in your farms, your fish are almost sure already grown so you can start fishing right away. If you just purchased a water item, then you may have to wait 8 or 24 hours for the fish to grow.

- To fish, just select the Fishing Rod and start clicking on the water. You will see the Fish count decreasing as you start catching fish.

- If the fish count is 0, it means you need to wait until all fish grow again. You don't need to wait until the counter gets to 0 as that can be quite hard, your lake or river will be full with fish in 8 or 24 hours anyways.

- On the 'Ponds' section on the store, click the '?' icon next to each item to see the type of fish living on it, how fast the fish grow again, etc.

- In general, the less fish in the water, the harder it gets.

2. We had to limit the amount of products you can have producing at the same time on each facility.

The risk of inflation is too high which could impact the game dinamics significantly. The general rule is, you can only have 15 days of continuos production pending for each recipe.

3. Sandwich Restaurant Facility (Coins) allows you to make:

- Standard Sandwich (Ham/Cheese)
- Sandwich with Veggies (add Lettuce and Tomatoes)
- Sandwich Supreme (Add Pickles and Onions) -> Get pickles from friends for now, later on you will be able to produce them on the Food Preserve Factory.
- Hotdog -> get Sausage from friends or order them from the Semi-Truck tool. Get Ketchup from friends or make it on the Food Preserve Factory.

4. Food Preserve Factory (FarmCash) allows you to make:

- Strawberry and Blackberry Jams
- Pear and Peach Slices in Conserve
- Orange Marmalade
- Ketchup
- Fruit Cocktail

5. 7 new crops available:

Lettuce, Peanut, Mint, Grape Tomato, Celery, Garlic and Ginger.

6. In the storage, there is now a '?' button next to each product that can be used as ingredient for other products. This will allow you to quickly make a better decision about selling the item or use it to create other products.

Sorry for the long post.

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

Molly Mew
Apr 28 2010, 07:05 PM
Fandabidozey. Thanks Raul. :)

dottyF
Apr 28 2010, 07:08 PM
Thank you, thank you. I absolutely love farm town and all the new additions. got to get them all. would you please add farm 4 now?

Lady M
Apr 28 2010, 07:08 PM
Where do you get a fishing rod?

BTW, I LOVE FARMTOWN with all of the new additions!! I have many of the new Facilities, and hope to get them all eventually. (FarmVille should be THIS GOOD, but they are losing ground when it comes to adding what people want!)

Gorgeous2907
Apr 28 2010, 07:11 PM

fishing rod is in where your watering can and camera is. just letting you know.

:cool: I LOVE the new items!! and yes a 4th farm would be awesome! thanks so much farmtown!

now.. wheres animals you can buy in ctore?? please

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 28 2010, 07:12 PM
Fantastic! Thanks Raul :D

SirDaywalker
Apr 28 2010, 07:13 PM

It's right by the Watering Can:
:rolleyes:

1. You can now fish at your farm in the ponds, lakes and rivers using the Fishing Rod in the tools menu (below the watering can).

Ok, so now I have to make another Inventory chart...heehee.
:D

Oh, and it would seem a couple of the new things like
Peanuts...charge you 100 to plant and only show up as paying out 7.
:eek:

Surely that's an error, yes?
;)

Lavenda
Apr 28 2010, 07:15 PM
can't see the fishing rod yet, but yay for the update! There appear to be pricing errors for the mint and peanuts, I'm exstatic that blackberries will get used (and my pears & peaches) but ARGH! I have been saving my FC for the chocolate factory and now the preserves factory is 30FC too... I delayed the choc factory for the juice one as I would get more use out of it and the same is going to happen with the preserves factory. It wouldn't be so bad if we actually got "Application of the day" every couple of days but I don't think I have had one for 2 weeks. And thank you for doing something to address the game dynamics (and hopefully future updates continue to do so because I still think the facilities have made earning coin and xps too easy).

The question mark beside items in storage is a good idea, however it's not showing in the market where I think it would really be needed.

Thanks again for the update :)

Lavenda
Apr 28 2010, 07:17 PM
ah yes, thanks for pointing out where the fishing rod is, I was looking in the tools section of the shop!

Kat_Boohai
Apr 28 2010, 07:18 PM
How exciting! I already went fishing! LOL!

JAS0643
Apr 28 2010, 07:20 PM
I love the changes but a question about the crops. The new crops all cost 100 coins but sell anywhere from 7 coins to 440 coins is that right. Why would we plant a crop for 100 coins and then only sell it for 7 coins or 25 coins.

Farmer Kate S.
Apr 28 2010, 07:21 PM
All these sound great ...but what a new release means to *me* is that I probably won't be able to play my game, plant, harvest, plow, or do anything else. I just got things going again, after 2 mnths because of updates, sigh. I haven't tried to get into my farm, yet, but I will be doing that soon ...and I hope I don't lose yet another 2 fields of crops! I'm *trying* to save money for a 2nd farm!

manybooks
Apr 28 2010, 07:22 PM
I'm loving this new stuff :) Don't you dare apologize for the "long post" - this is great stuff! Thank you for a fun, FREE game!

Old Goat
Apr 28 2010, 07:23 PM
Fandabidozey. Thanks Raul. :)

'Fandabiodozey' ..... you just made that up! tsk

Has this been defined/clarified yet?

'The general rule is, you can only have 15 days of continuos production pending for each recipe.'

denolee
Apr 28 2010, 07:24 PM
Everything going on with Farmtown is fantastic, well and good...EXCEPT...the processing items requiring farm cash are unattainable by those of us who've been farming the longest, and who have the items needed to run these facilities, because through months and years at the game, we've accumulated orange, pear tree's...and etc. However, because of so much time passing...WE DO NOT HAVE THE FARM CASH to purchase these facilities that would really enhance our Farmtown experience. I'm sure it's just the creator's way of trying to force us to use real money to buy fake money...in a really rotten economy in the REAL WORLD.

SunnyD
Apr 28 2010, 07:30 PM
too funny i started saving my tree harvests a while back yay we now have something to use them with..... I had just rebooted my pc and came back to Farm town and saw the fishing pole was ok there is problem lol so I came here wow I just caught some Carp and some other fish in my pond......Love it......Thanks to the Dev's

Lavenda
Apr 28 2010, 07:32 PM
can someone tell me what level the sandwhich shop unlocks? I've been working on a spreadsheet (that I plan on sharing, but held off when Raul mentioned more facilities int he last update) and would like to have all that info right from the start

Mexican Immigrant
Apr 28 2010, 07:38 PM
it is unacceptable in any civilized society to put katsup on a hot dog. please correct this terrible error immediately! we want mustard! :p

Capriherb
Apr 28 2010, 07:46 PM
too funny i started saving my tree harvests a while back yay we now have something to use them with..... I had just rebooted my pc and came back to Farm town and saw the fishing pole was ok there is problem lol so I came here wow I just caught some Carp and some other fish in my pond......Love it......Thanks to the Dev's

I'm thrilled. FARMTOWN, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
(Still want to move my animals though)
I just put in the new factories if anyone wants to visit.
Now I'm off to plant all the new crops!

Capriherb
Apr 28 2010, 07:48 PM
Everything going on with Farmtown is fantastic, well and good...EXCEPT...the processing items requiring farm cash are unattainable by those of us who've been farming the longest, and who have the items needed to run these facilities, because through months and years at the game, we've accumulated orange, pear tree's...and etc. However, because of so much time passing...WE DO NOT HAVE THE FARM CASH to purchase these facilities that would really enhance our Farmtown experience. I'm sure it's just the creator's way of trying to force us to use real money to buy fake money...in a really rotten economy in the REAL WORLD.

Huh? I would never have it from just gaining it. Don't you think for all the wonderful work these men and women have done for us, you can break with a few bucks to enjoy their game???

WillowTreeFarm
Apr 28 2010, 07:49 PM
I'm out on the patio grilling the fish I just caught in my lake! FarmTown you rock!!

Capriherb
Apr 28 2010, 07:51 PM
I love the changes but a question about the crops. The new crops all cost 100 coins but sell anywhere from 7 coins to 440 coins is that right. Why would we plant a crop for 100 coins and then only sell it for 7 coins or 25 coins.

I'm just guessing but it's because you want to use them in your facilities.

JAS0643
Apr 28 2010, 07:51 PM
can someone tell me what level the sandwhich shop unlocks? I've been working on a spreadsheet (that I plan on sharing, but held off when Raul mentioned more facilities int he last update) and would like to have all that info right from the start

Level 33.

it is unacceptable in any civilized society to put katsup on a hot dog. please correct this terrible error immediately! we want mustard! :p

:p I put ketchup on my hotdogs, I love it. I use ketchup for a lot of things, so does my Dad. It grosses my future step mom out. She can't stand the stuff. :D

Mexican Immigrant
Apr 28 2010, 07:53 PM
sorry jason, you ain't right. katsup is for fried potatoes and fried potatoes only. :)

JAS0643
Apr 28 2010, 07:54 PM
I'm just guessing but it's because you want to use them in your facilities.

The 2 crops that sell for less then the cost is not used in the facilities, and none of the other crops are that way. I think it is a typo or mistake in the programing of the corps. We will just have to wait and see.

Moonshiner
Apr 28 2010, 08:01 PM
Very good - but when can we juice the lemons please ? :-) and the surplus $millions when do we get to lose all this on the Stock Market LOL

Mexican Immigrant
Apr 28 2010, 08:03 PM
400 sandwiches sold for $24,000. was i 1st? :)

Jennie C.
Apr 28 2010, 08:04 PM
I was just coming in to ask why I couldn't produce anymore cheese. I must have too much in production. I had a LOT and accidentally SOLD it last night!!! You could probably hear my ARRRRGGGHHHH from wherever you are!

Rebelgurl
Apr 28 2010, 08:05 PM
YEAAAAAAAA I love the new fishing , , My farms are mostly oceans ponds and lakes , so it makes fishing fun and easy .. Thanks for the new upgrades , Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next. I was on the verge of quitting farmtown , Do have one issue , run out of EGGS and MILK to fast to do much in the factory's

kiwirick
Apr 28 2010, 08:05 PM
Small Glitch, I went to the realtor office, and clicked on him.....up pops the seed menu..........

Rebelgurl
Apr 28 2010, 08:07 PM
ohhh a coffeee grinder mill would be nice to help with coffee icecream , please stop making us pay FC's for things , my hubby is going to have a fit if he finds how much real money I've spent already buying FC's for extended farms and factory's

jesdreher
Apr 28 2010, 08:12 PM
Oh my gosh..you people at Slashkey are insane. I don't know what drugs you guys are on, but keep taking them! You guys have really kicked it into overdrive the past month or so on this game. I *love* it. I so need a 4th farm. And fishing!? OMG. I have *so* much water on my farms..I'll be fishing all night! There is no possible way I can catch even half of the fish. I hope there will be a seafood restaurant or something so we can use them. I'm going to store them away for a while instead of selling to see what might come of this. Now I have to scour the offers to try to earn the 30 freakin' farm cash so I can buy the preserves facility. You may have just gotten me kicking and screaming to spend some actual money on this game.

SunnyD
Apr 28 2010, 08:14 PM
Shoot I already got a message on my BF's cell ..... LOL Help I need FC lol

JAS0643
Apr 28 2010, 08:17 PM
6. In the storage, there is now a '?' button next to each product that can be used as ingredient for other products. This will allow you to quickly make a better decision about selling the item or use it to create other products.

Sorry for the long post.

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

I just went to sell some stuff and the ? mark is not beside any of the products. It is there when you are on your farm but not in the mp.

Momthebomb191
Apr 28 2010, 08:17 PM
My home is a mess, don't have a life...Farmtown you have done it again!!!! Thanks for the new stuff. I am never going to get away from my farm now. Appreciate all the wonderful new changes. This is way too much fun. Thanks sooo very much!

Farmer_Susan
Apr 28 2010, 08:18 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much!

Momthebomb191
Apr 28 2010, 08:18 PM
By the way, can we use the small tomatoes instead of the 2day? Thanks for clarification.

Lavenda
Apr 28 2010, 08:26 PM
I have no problem with some items requiring Fc, but I think making the facilities that are FC also buyable with coin would help address the millions of coins that are now being generated. I really wouldn't mind paying 10 000 000 coin for the Preserve, Choc, or Juice factory as it would give me something to spend those coins on instead of them collecting dust.

PS thanks Jas for letting me know the level the Sandwhich factory unlocks... my guess was right!

Duck Duck Goose
Apr 28 2010, 08:34 PM
Wow, overdrive is right! what a bunch of cool stuff!
Lemme ask this however:

Are we EVER going to get to a point where myspace players will ever be able to "produce faster", or simply have the production times drastically reduced if the faster feature is impossible for us?
The reason I ask is that I have already ceased putting any more new stuff in my facilities, due to the fact it takes way too long to get a return back on my investments.
Once all my facilities are empty, they are to go into my storage untill the become more reasonably usable.
I might get the pond to go fishing for fun, and thats about it.
It sucks not getting more involved with the new stuff, knowing it will take too long on MS.

TraceyMush
Apr 28 2010, 08:42 PM
Wow l go real excited at the prospect of planting a 4 hour crop for 45 coins and harvesting it for 440 coins - till l noticed the prices on all the new crops.
Can anyone clarify/correct the prices for the new crops?

Thanks Raul for the awesome free game!!

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 28 2010, 08:46 PM
Wow l go real excited at the prospect of planting a 4 hour crop for 45 coins and harvesting it for 440 coins - till l noticed the prices on all the new crops.
Can anyone clarify/correct the prices for the new crops?

Thanks Raul for the awesome free game!!

I've sent on an e-mail to the devs asking for clarification....eagerly awaiting their response, but may not hear until tomorrow since the offices are closed now.

Deb NZ
Apr 28 2010, 08:48 PM
sorry jason, you ain't right. katsup is for fried potatoes and fried potatoes only. :)

Hotdogs! Ketchup and mustard guys where y'all been eating?

HelenJS22
Apr 28 2010, 08:51 PM
LOL - I thought it was bad enough that I spend all my spare time farming on my computer ... but now I'm going to be FISHING too. ?!?!?! FUN :D

jonna3131
Apr 28 2010, 08:51 PM
Hey there,

1. You can now fish at your farm in the ponds, lakes and rivers using the Fishing Rod in the tools menu (below the watering can). These are the rules:

- If you had already water items in your farms, your fish are almost sure already grown so you can start fishing right away. If you just purchased a water item, then you may have to wait 8 or 24 hours for the fish to grow.

- To fish, just select the Fishing Rod and start clicking on the water. You will see the Fish count decreasing as you start catching fish.

- If the fish count is 0, it means you need to wait until all fish grow again. You don't need to wait until the counter gets to 0 as that can be quite hard, your lake or river will be full with fish in 8 or 24 hours anyways.

- On the 'Ponds' section on the store, click the '?' icon next to each item to see the type of fish living on it, how fast the fish grow again, etc.

- In general, the less fish in the water, the harder it gets.

2. We had to limit the amount of products you can have producing at the same time on each facility.

The risk of inflation is too high which could impact the game dinamics significantly. The general rule is, you can only have 15 days of continuos production pending for each recipe.

3. Sandwich Restaurant Facility (Coins) allows you to make:

- Standard Sandwich (Ham/Cheese)
- Sandwich with Veggies (add Lettuce and Tomatoes)
- Sandwich Supreme (Add Pickles and Onions) -> Get pickles from friends for now, later on you will be able to produce them on the Food Preserve Factory.
- Hotdog -> get Sausage from friends or order them from the Semi-Truck tool. Get Ketchup from friends or make it on the Food Preserve Factory.

4. Food Preserve Factory (FarmCash) allows you to make:

- Strawberry and Blackberry Jams
- Pear and Peach Slices in Conserve
- Orange Marmalade
- Ketchup
- Fruit Cocktail

5. 7 new crops available:

Lettuce, Peanut, Mint, Grape Tomato, Celery, Garlic and Ginger.

Sorry for the long post.

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul
How about some new Flowers?? Peach Roses.. Purple Roses .. Orange Roses .. Ect.. we need new Flowers Please
Thanks
I love Farmtown!!

JTBear
Apr 28 2010, 08:56 PM
Wow..Just want to say that I love the new updates!!!

cmemom13
Apr 28 2010, 08:57 PM
Love the fishing-I was looking in the tools at the store also.

rhondabb
Apr 28 2010, 09:05 PM
Huh? I would never have it from just gaining it. Don't you think for all the wonderful work these men and women have done for us, you can break with a few bucks to enjoy their game???

I totally agree!! for the amount of time and enjoyment I get from this game it is worth it. I have spent $50 to get all the farm cash I needed to purchase all facitlities etc that I wanted. Not much different from buying my kids a wii game in my eye. Keep up the good work developers!!!!!

Tony D
Apr 28 2010, 09:05 PM
Any danger of you guys actually releasing new things when I am home and can actually check them out :mad::mad:

;)

Capriherb
Apr 28 2010, 09:08 PM
400 sandwiches sold for $24,000. was i 1st? :)
I've sold jam and hot dogs. I made a bunch of sandwiches, stored them, and they are gone... :rolleyes:

SirDaywalker
Apr 28 2010, 09:09 PM
I've sent on an e-mail to the devs asking for clarification....eagerly awaiting their response, but may not hear until tomorrow since the offices are closed now.

Don't be in too much of a hurry!

Lemme get my Celery harvested tonight before anything gets 'fixed'

Farmer_Susan
Apr 28 2010, 09:09 PM
Ok, so I don't hear anyone else asking this which makes me think I just missed it but . . . where do we get bread for the Sandwich Shop? I checked in gifts - also checked my stone flour mill but didn't find it in either place.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 28 2010, 09:11 PM
Ok, so I don't hear anyone else asking this which makes me think I just missed it but . . . where do we get bread for the Sandwich Shop? I checked in gifts - also checked my stone flour mill but didn't find it in either place.

Bread is now made in the bakery :)

Toranut97
Apr 28 2010, 09:11 PM
WOW! Great new developments...now I need to learn the limitations on production and crop rotation! But I LOVE the new direction of the game....!

wolffwalker
Apr 28 2010, 09:13 PM
too late for me - bought celery for 100 - now it will sell for 80 instead of 440 - what are the chances of getting that money back you think? 0% probably :-(

i wish they would fix these things before you can use them....grrrrr

Lavenda
Apr 28 2010, 09:13 PM
I don't have the semi-trailer truck to check for myself, but can anyone tell me if the ketchup, pickles and hotdog sausage can also be purchased/transported with it? (and if so, the prices :) )

earlgray
Apr 28 2010, 09:15 PM
Tee hee, fishing is fun! Already caught 2 carp, 6 catfish, 3 sturgeon and 5 tilapia.
And I love the new crops. Garlic, ginger and fish - is a Chinese restaurant in the works?
The new buildings on the other hand, well, I'm sorry, maybe I'm the only one, but I don't want a building on my farm that looks like an enormous hoagie. Not crazy about the juice factory that looks like giant cartons of juice, either. Can't tell about the preserve factory, I really love the concept, but don't have the farm cash to buy it, so I'll have to wait until I see it on somebody else's farm to decide. Must the new facilities look so cartoonish? Can't they look more like regular buildings? Or maybe I'm just a stick-in-the-mud. Maybe you could make boring versions of the facilities for coins for people like me!

earlgray
Apr 28 2010, 09:16 PM

You make it in the bakery (new item).

Farmer_Susan
I totally agree!! for the amount of time and enjoyment I get from this game it is worth it. I have spent $50 to get all the farm cash I needed to purchase all facitlities etc that I wanted. Not much different from buying my kids a wii game in my eye. Keep up the good work developers!!!!!

I compare it to going to a movie. I can go to a movie and easily drop $20 for the ticket plus popcorn, etc. And that's for 2 hours of entertainment. I spend HUNDREDS of hours here and am more than willing to pay for Farm Cash. I also really appreciate the hard work the developers do - they deserve to be paid. I'm all for helping the Slashkey economy! LOL

I WILL say, though, that I very much appreciate that you CAN play this game for free and do pretty much the very same things as those of us who pay. Some games are just a turn-off to me because it seems like they always have their hand out - that the whole point for them is about making money. Slashkey doesn't seem that way to me which - paradoxically - makes me much more willing to spend money.

Double T Dude Ranch
I don't have the semi-trailer truck to check for myself, but can anyone tell me if the ketchup, pickles and hotdog sausage can also be purchased/transported with it? (and if so, the prices :) )

You can order the hot dog with the semi and it is 150 coins for an order that will be done in an hour and a batch is sold for 200 and a unit for 40 coins.

Capriherb
Apr 28 2010, 09:18 PM
Oh my gosh..you people at Slashkey are insane. I don't know what drugs you guys are on, but keep taking them! You guys have really kicked it into overdrive the past month or so on this game. I *love* it. I so need a 4th farm. And fishing!? OMG. I have *so* much water on my farms..I'll be fishing all night! There is no possible way I can catch even half of the fish. I hope there will be a seafood restaurant or something so we can use them. I'm going to store them away for a while instead of selling to see what might come of this. Now I have to scour the offers to try to earn the 30 freakin' farm cash so I can buy the preserves facility. You may have just gotten me kicking and screaming to spend some actual money on this game.

I'm so glad you feel that way. Don't we all need to give them a few bucks for their outstanding efforts?????

Farmer_Susan
Apr 28 2010, 09:22 PM
You make it in the bakery (new item).

Well, duh. Why didn't I think of that! LOL Thanks. :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 28 2010, 09:24 PM
too late for me - bought celery for 100 - now it will sell for 80 instead of 440 - what are the chances of getting that money back you think? 0% probably :-(

i wish they would fix these things before you can use them....grrrrr

Prices have been fixed :D

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 28 2010, 09:25 PM
Alright, if you look in the store now, the prices have been fixed. Thanks devs/Raul! :D

kiwirick
Apr 28 2010, 09:27 PM
Anyone else getting the seed menu when going to the realtor office?

youmaycallmemissb
Apr 28 2010, 09:28 PM
Can someone please tell me if the Grape Tomato is for Ketchup making? I haven't bought the facility yet so I don't know what I'd need for that one to produce ketchup..

Thanks!
-Miss B :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 28 2010, 09:29 PM
Can someone please tell me if the Grape Tomato is for Ketchup making? I haven't bought the facility yet so I don't know what I'd need for that one to produce ketchup..

Thanks!
-Miss B :)

I believe it's the regular tomato for ketchup :)

bobberjohn
Apr 28 2010, 09:32 PM
wondering if we can get a boat to fish in, and if neighbors can get hired to fish, or be allowed to fish other neighbors farms?

mitamata
Apr 28 2010, 09:33 PM
I like the fishing addition. Though more facilities... eh, I dunno. There seems to be a lot already.
And I'm a bit disappointed - I bought the chocolate factory, but now that the chocolate liquor can be sent as a gift, I don't really find it very useful. My friends send me so much of it as a gift that I'm producing far too much of it. I would much rather spend the cash on the new factory, but alas, I'm now out of cash and frankly not keen on buying more since I don't know how useful this factory will be in a month.

Sorry for the long post.

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

Please, never apologize for a well said, informative and helpful post :)

capricorn1
Apr 28 2010, 09:34 PM
Sorry for the long post.

--Raul

sorry? why?

keep them coming!!! :):):)

Old Goat
Apr 28 2010, 09:36 PM
Could someone clarify this?
The general rule is, you can only have 15 days of continuos production pending for each recipe.

Also, why would the bread function stop working in the bakery? (My Wife's, not on mine) She has lots of flour. She can make more hot dog buns, but not bread.

Rebelgurl
Apr 28 2010, 09:40 PM
I can't wait , in 3 hours when my son gets home from work . he is buying me an early Mother's day present , a new and faster computer , these new additions are GREAT !!! can't wait till Friday payday so I can buy some more Farm Cash ,and get last extention on Farm #3 farm and get the jelly factory , I have alot of ideas but not enough room on Farm #3. thanks Raul you guys have out done yourself this time... Can you say ADDICTED , " I AM "

Nobar King
Apr 28 2010, 09:41 PM

Mustard is needed for the civilized users of this game.

Toranut97
Apr 28 2010, 09:46 PM
You can still play this game without spending real world money, folks. For heaven's sake, can we just be grateful for a little while, at least? Others of us will spend a few bucks on the game, and keep it going for evryone who can't afford to spend, that should help even things out a bit.

I am just so impressed by the creativity and persistence of the developers. So let me say "thanks" on behalf of the silent thousands who happily enjoy this game!

BarbLH
Apr 28 2010, 09:51 PM
I have no problem with some items requiring Fc, but I think making the facilities that are FC also buyable with coin would help address the millions of coins that are now being generated. I really wouldn't mind paying 10 000 000 coin for the Preserve, Choc, or Juice factory as it would give me something to spend those coins on instead of them collecting dust.

PS thanks Jas for letting me know the level the Sandwhich factory unlocks... my guess was right!

I love this game! Fantastic job!

I'm at level 80 with over 1,000,000 XP & over 30 million in coins. I spent most of my earned FC on the Juice Factory. I'm retired so I wouldn't mind paying a large sum of coins for the Preserve or Chocolate Facilities, either. :)

Farmer_Susan
Apr 28 2010, 09:51 PM
The cherry tomatoes - can we use them for sandwiches? Pizzas? Ketchup? Or are they just decorative for now?

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 28 2010, 09:53 PM
The cherry tomatoes - can we use them for sandwiches? Pizzas? Ketchup? Or are they just decorative for now?

I think it's just decorative now as it would state in the "?" box which ingredients are needed :)

dottyF
Apr 28 2010, 09:55 PM
I got all the facilities. I really need farm 4 tho because farm one is full of houses and animals, farm 2 facilities and crops for it and farm 3 is my money maker and Im going to need more big money maker to keep getting these facilities lol
I always wished there was a one click function to water flowers since i have so many even if it used more coins.
Im probably gonna get fired from my job because it is gonna take all day to catch all those fish. :)

WhiteroseFarmer
Apr 28 2010, 09:58 PM
FarmTown is the best!! This ROCKS!! Thank you, thank you!!

dottyF
Apr 28 2010, 10:01 PM
It has come a long way . Remember about a year ago harvesting grapes and rasberrys would blind you. I actually had to get new glasses trying to get to level 30.

Farmer_Susan
Apr 28 2010, 10:06 PM
The 15-day thing - can someone explain that a bit? Is it per item or per facility? For example, I can produce cheese for 15 days and then produce goat cheese for 15 days? Or I can only use my Dairy for 15 days? And it says continuous - so if I store my products from a facility, then wait an hour and start them again - and if I do that for 15 days, does that count? Or does the fact that there were times when it wasn't producing make it "not continuous"?

I'm actually not sure why I care - I have WAY more coins than I'll ever be able to use - like over 20 million, I think. I've been putting away 2-3 million coins each day since the first facilities hit. I think I just want to understand so I can plan.

Hmmm . . . ok, here's an idea . . . since the "run away inflation" really isn't fun (what it the world will I DO with my 20 million coins???) . . . how about letting us contribute some? For real, I mean? Like, if we trade in a million coins, Slashkey will donate x amount to some charity? That would be just awesome. Give us something "real" to work toward while we're having fun. Sort of like getting people to sponsor you to walk for various charities - we could work our FarmTown farms for charities. Maybe Slashkey could find 3rd party sponsors that would agree to something like that for the free advertising they would get. : )

TribalCat
Apr 28 2010, 10:11 PM
I'm fishing! Thanks for all the new toys, Devs, it's really appreciated :)

I think we should be able to fish up tuna, use the food processing plant to can it, then make tuna sandwiches at the sub shop. What do you think?

I don't mind paying cash to pay for some items because it comes out of my "entertainment fund", but it would be nice for the people who can't, to be able to use coins in lieu of cash for those items.

Please let us be able to move our animals from farm to farm soon, or at least to be able to buy cows and hens in the shop so we don't have to wait for friends to send them to us one by one. I have a herd of cattle on my 1st farm that I need to move to their new pens on my 3rd farm so they won't cause so much lag on my main farm.

Thanks for the new crops! I'm looking forward to planting some of those.

And hotdogs need mustard and onions :D

JAS0643
Apr 28 2010, 10:17 PM
The 15-day thing - can someone explain that a bit? Is it per item or per facility? For example, I can produce cheese for 15 days and then produce goat cheese for 15 days? Or I can only use my Dairy for 15 days? And it says continuous - so if I store my products from a facility, then wait an hour and start them again - and if I do that for 15 days, does that count? Or does the fact that there were times when it wasn't producing make it "not continuous"?

I'm actually not sure why I care - I have WAY more coins than I'll ever be able to use - like over 20 million, I think. I've been putting away 2-3 million coins each day since the first facilities hit. I think I just want to understand so I can plan.

Hmmm . . . ok, here's an idea . . . since the "run away inflation" really isn't fun (what it the world will I DO with my 20 million coins???) . . . how about letting us contribute some? For real, I mean? Like, if we trade in a million coins, Slashkey will donate x amount to some charity? That would be just awesome. Give us something "real" to work toward while we're having fun. Sort of like getting people to sponsor you to walk for various charities - we could work our FarmTown farms for charities. Maybe Slashkey could find 3rd party sponsors that would agree to something like that for the free advertising they would get. : )

When you load the facilities it will only let you load stuff to produce up to a max of 15 days worth of each product. So you can have 15 days of goat cheese and cheese going at the same time.

Old Goat
Apr 28 2010, 10:18 PM
What's the production limit on bread and buns? Where is that info please. I haven't spent a cent of my coins, keep seeing all the new stuff and saying 'oooooooooohhh!' then I change my mind telling myself better is yet to come. It keeps coming lol

Robin47
Apr 28 2010, 10:19 PM
I am also having the "I clicked on the realtor and up popped the seed menu" glitch

salderson
Apr 28 2010, 10:25 PM
with the sandwich shop which tomato do we plant to work with the sandwiches? i agree that a 4th farm would be awsome! thanks so much.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 28 2010, 10:27 PM
with the sandwich shop which tomato do we plant to work with the sandwiches? i agree that a 4th farm would be awsome! thanks so much.

Regular tomatoes :)

sandra.l.huffman
Apr 28 2010, 10:43 PM
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww

justmecookin
Apr 28 2010, 10:58 PM
Raul hugs to you and your team...you all have really outdone yourselves bringing us the best game on FB...love it

mashadow
Apr 28 2010, 11:01 PM
wtf only 1800 sugar at a time.. its bull.. as 3 full fields can do 3k at a time

JAS0643
Apr 28 2010, 11:01 PM
What's the production limit on bread and buns? Where is that info please. I haven't spent a cent of my coins, keep seeing all the new stuff and saying 'oooooooooohhh!' then I change my mind telling myself better is yet to come. It keeps coming lol

PST you can make a killing in the facilities I have made over 7 million in the last month from the facilities. They pay for themselves very quickly.

mashadow
Apr 28 2010, 11:02 PM
PST you can make a killing in the facilities I have made over 7 million in the last month from the facilities. They pay for themselves very quickly.

i made 126 mill in 3 weeks

anotherfarmer
Apr 29 2010, 12:06 AM
First i want to say thanks for great update :D

the only thing i do not get is items being for green $$........... some people are already at or near the end part of the game (level 80) so with that said no new levels to earn green $$ so how do they get these items ??
isn't there a way that people can get them without green $$ by making them work harder for higher price or something to get these items ?.......

Whites Pharms
Apr 29 2010, 12:18 AM
I agree Dotty. I am quickly running out of room.
I would also like to see an easier way to earn Farm Cash.

Whites Pharms
Apr 29 2010, 12:24 AM
Fandabidozi:
Super, marvelous, wicked, phat, pukka, fabulous, mint, geez.
Fandabidozi! A pink scarf

SallyL
Apr 29 2010, 12:25 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. :)

svanderw
Apr 29 2010, 12:26 AM
[QUOTE=Old Goat;3476942]'Fandabiodozey' ..... you just made that up! tsk

it is not a made up word... if you grew up in England you would now exactly what it means and where it comes from :)

Sassy Kathy
Apr 29 2010, 12:27 AM
Just a few things ...

MUSTARD

Not nice, Mashadow :(

I still don't understand the 15 day thing. I'm just not that smart.

It would be nice if everyone would stop complaining about the cash. You can't always get what you want. (Mick Jagger said so.)

Thank You, Devs!
:D:D:D:D:D

FemaleRacer
Apr 29 2010, 12:30 AM
i made 126 mill in 3 weeks

Too bad that can't happen now especially after some of us spent actually money to get FarmCash to buy the juice factory, now not worth it. If I had known we would now be limited I would not have spent actually money to be able to buy it.

mashadow
Apr 29 2010, 12:33 AM
Too bad that can't happen now especially after some of us spent actually money to get FarmCash to buy the juice factory, now not worth it. If I had known we would now be limited I would not have spent actually money to be able to buy it.

same with the choc factory and my 2000 cocoa tree's

KayGee
Apr 29 2010, 12:33 AM
Anyone else getting the seed menu when going to the realtor office?

...I always thought that guy looked a little seedy...

ohiosweetheart
Apr 29 2010, 12:34 AM
ok dumb question here....

where/how do you get the hot dog rolls and sandwich bread?

mashadow
Apr 29 2010, 12:36 AM
ok dumb question here....

where/how do you get the hot dog rolls and sandwich bread?

bakery. .

ohiosweetheart
Apr 29 2010, 12:37 AM
bakery. .aaaand of course I didn't look there.

Thanks mashadow. :)

bcarmichael
Apr 29 2010, 12:58 AM
When you load the facilities it will only let you load stuff to produce up to a max of 15 days worth of each product. So you can have 15 days of goat cheese and cheese going at the same time.

How do we know what is 15 days worth of each product?

I'm VERY confused by this statement in Raul's message.

Could someone please break this down, point by point, using wheat as an example? And if we reach a cutoff point, are we still able to load more later the same day? Or do we have to wait a day?

Thanks in advance for clarifying! :)

SueW170
Apr 29 2010, 01:04 AM
Everything going on with Farmtown is fantastic,
The new facilities are more fanciful than fantastic. The appeal of FT over the other FB virtual reality applications has been the natural look of the items enabling one to build a realistic looking layout on the computer such as model railroaders do in 2 dimensions. Some of the new facilities? Childish and cartoon-like. That sandwich restaurant looks like he old Oscar Meyer wiener-mobile in the commercials -- pretty dreadful. The Juice Factory and Preserving Factory are pretty bad, too. Juice factory looks like two cardboard juice boxes linked together.
Facilities are fine since the game is Farm Town and they make for player interest and interaction. But I am very disappointed in the direction the developers are taking item design.

shirl the pearl
Apr 29 2010, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the new features
i am still loving this game.
just a wee bit confused about what to save and what to sell. lol
Do we need to keep the goose eggs and the goats cheese and milk for anything?
It would help if we had a list of what items are used to make things with
Thank you

SueW170
Apr 29 2010, 01:09 AM
...I always thought that guy looked a little seedy...
:):) That was good. We needed a little humor there.

FarmTownNewbie
Apr 29 2010, 01:16 AM
So many surprises today, what fun! I didn't know anything was up until a friend sent me a jar of pickles, LOL. Thanks!

I looked for the fishing pole in TOOLS in the store so came here to find where the fishing pole is. Maybe rephrase that in the pop-up window?

mashadow
Apr 29 2010, 01:18 AM
toolbox where watering can and camer is

JAS0643
Apr 29 2010, 01:18 AM
How do we know what is 15 days worth of each product?

I'm VERY confused by this statement in Raul's message.

Could someone please break this down, point by point, using wheat as an example? And if we reach a cutoff point, are we still able to load more later the same day? Or do we have to wait a day?

Thanks in advance for clarifying! :)

I will break everything down and add this information to my data sheet but it will take a day or so to do all the math and get it added. For now I will quickly do wheat for you in the red windmill (it will be different in the stone windmill because it produces faster)

15 days = 360 hours
1 batch takes 2 hours to produce so that is 180 batches
10 wheat per batch so 1,800 fields of wheat is enough for 15 days.
That is 900 bags of flour every 15 days.

Now I don't know if you get help and take it down below 15 days if you can add more or not will have to actually try it and find out.

svanderw
Apr 29 2010, 01:19 AM
what happened to the Application of the Day... i was getting several farm cash daily for this and now there is no application of the day ? am i missing something ? or does it no longer exist ?

thanks

mashadow
Apr 29 2010, 01:26 AM
Now I don't know if you get help and take it down below 15 days if you can add more or not will have to actually try it and find out.

yes you can

SueW170
Apr 29 2010, 01:27 AM
The new buildings on the other hand, well, I'm sorry, maybe I'm the only one, but I don't want a building on my farm that looks like an enormous hoagie. Not crazy about the juice factory that looks like giant cartons of juice, either. Can't tell about the preserve factory, I really love the concept, but don't have the farm cash to buy it, so I'll have to wait until I see it on somebody else's farm to decide. Must the new facilities look so cartoonish? Can't they look more like regular buildings? Or maybe I'm just a stick-in-the-mud. Maybe you could make boring versions of the facilities for coins for people like me!
Earlgray, if you're a "stick-in-mud" you aren't the only one. I just posted the same criticism of the sandwich restaurant and juice factory and it appears the preserving facility is also on the "silly" side.
I add my vote to yours for some "boring" versions of facilities such as we really see in farm country in real life.

FarmTownNewbie
Apr 29 2010, 01:32 AM
I found the answer here, thanks! But maybe explain it in the pop-up window, was my point.

jhughe29
Apr 29 2010, 01:40 AM
thanks for the updates but can farm town look at extending our farms more or allow 4th farm so we can grow more produce for these new iteams
thank you
Justin

ScottLanter
Apr 29 2010, 01:42 AM
Earlgray, if you're a "stick-in-mud" you aren't the only one. I just posted the same criticism of the sandwich restaurant and juice factory and it appears the preserving facility is also on the "silly" side.
I add my vote to yours for some "boring" versions of facilities such as we really see in farm country in real life.

Nobody's forcing you to add them to your farm(s). ;)

jhughe29
Apr 29 2010, 01:54 AM
please also extend the levels as a number people are on 80

TraceyMush
Apr 29 2010, 01:59 AM
Don't be in too much of a hurry!

Lemme get my Celery harvested tonight before anything gets 'fixed'

LOL l just harvested my celery. lt paid out 104 coins per unit. lt cost 45 to buy the seed and 15 to have the plot plowed so l profited 44 coins in 4 hours.

Oh, and l want to add my 2 cents to this ketchup debate. Everyone knows that hot dogs,er, soy dogs taste best with both ketchup and mustard - together. They compliment each other!

benchjet
Apr 29 2010, 02:13 AM
i love the new fishing but i wish we could caught it all at the same time...

SunnyD
Apr 29 2010, 02:30 AM
Well in the south..... We have Chili- Cheese - Slaw dogs......... so and they have onions on them

TraceyMush
Apr 29 2010, 02:33 AM
Well in the south..... We have Chili- Cheese - Slaw dogs......... so and they have onions on them

OMG well if you're going to put that much stuff on them, you SHOULD put on onion! LOL

Tony D
Apr 29 2010, 02:55 AM
Well in the south..... We have Chili- Cheese - Slaw dogs......... so and they have onions on themI presume the chili, cheese,slaw and onions are to mask the taste of the mystery bag ? :eek:

Hermione29
Apr 29 2010, 03:01 AM
Can someone tell me if the new crops besides the lettuce can be used for the facilities: peanuts, mint, celery, garlic and ginger??

Madam Hooch
Apr 29 2010, 03:05 AM
Question: The sandwich says it needs hotdog sauce to make hotdogs. Where do I get/ make this. THIS is not ketchup as it says it requires ketchup too.

essexboy
Apr 29 2010, 03:18 AM
omg......... this upgrade is great.:)thank you all.

Joy's Farm
Apr 29 2010, 03:22 AM
Can someone tell me if the new crops besides the lettuce can be used for the facilities: peanuts, mint, celery, garlic and ginger??

I'd also like to know the answer to that please? :)

SueW170
Apr 29 2010, 03:26 AM
You're right. I don't intend to. However, if they were more in line with the realistic look of other FT buildings, I would when I expand to have the space.

Inge Jones
Apr 29 2010, 03:30 AM
--Raul

The slight problem here is that when you actually get to market to sell the things, those '?' are not showing and you have to rely on memory. Could it be made so that you see the ? when you are in Sell mode too?

SueW170
Apr 29 2010, 03:30 AM
LOL l just harvested my celery. lt paid out 104 coins per unit. lt cost 45 to buy the seed and 15 to have the plot plowed so l profited 44 coins in 4 hours.

Oh, and l want to add my 2 cents to this ketchup debate. Everyone knows that hot dogs,er, soy dogs taste best with both ketchup and mustard - together. They compliment each other!
To each their own LOL A bit of mustard and a little relish and chopped onion. No ketchup, but I know lots of people who like to load 'em up with "the works." :)

essexboy
Apr 29 2010, 03:41 AM

not yet no,but in time yes.... some will be for the facilities.maybe the next upgrade.

Question: The sandwich says it needs hotdog sauce to make hotdogs. Where do I get/ make this. THIS is not ketchup as it says it requires ketchup too.

gift page

I'd also like to know the answer to that please? :)

silky
Apr 29 2010, 03:44 AM
THANKS!!! What a great addition to the game!:D:D:D

Charo
Apr 29 2010, 03:52 AM
Cool! thank you!

Charo
Apr 29 2010, 03:57 AM
Can our friends fish in our ponds as well?

Tony D
Apr 29 2010, 04:02 AM
Can our friends fish in our ponds as well?no.........

CoDa
Apr 29 2010, 04:08 AM
Great...Can we have a fish & chip shop for the Brits now?

Tony D
Apr 29 2010, 04:20 AM
Great...Can we have a fish & chip shop for the Brits now?Or Fush & Chups for the Kiwi's :D

MaryLouW
Apr 29 2010, 04:22 AM
I love the new facilities!! Now I'll have to plan better when planting so I can keep my facilities going!

The fishing is fun but pretty easy. I did notice one little problem but it only happens on ONE of my river pieces. It starts out with 25 fish. I catch most of them.. then move that piece and it refreshes itself with 25 more fish. So, I can catch all I want, move the river piece back to where it was and once again, it gives me another 25 fish. This shouldn't happen. I got around 75-80 fish out of that one section of river. I did try this on several other pieces but they did not do the same thing.

Congratulations on a job well cone!!!! I love Farm Town!! I might even learn to like fishing!!

Big Honking Toe
Apr 29 2010, 04:37 AM
gayness I have 478 cocoa tree's and I can't even produce all of the stuff I get 478 more every 2 days.

mashadow
Apr 29 2010, 04:38 AM
u think 47 is bad. i got 2000 cocoa tree's

Moonshiner
Apr 29 2010, 04:57 AM
You're right. I don't intend to. However, if they were more in line with the realistic look of other FT buildings, I would when I expand to have the space.

So - you don't believe in Mickey Mouse or Ronald McDonald ? Ha Ha maybe Farm Town IS your reality LOL :p

Charo
Apr 29 2010, 05:01 AM
I would like to see some other use for the chocolate factory. I am somewhat disappointed that I bought it, since the chocolate liquor can be sent as a gift. There is almost no need for it now, and it was a waste of farm cash. I do think that the gifts are unbalancing the game. I get a lot of gifts, and I have almost no need to have cows, chickens, etc. on my farm, or to make sugar or flour.

The gift amounts need to be toned down to a token so that producing those is still important, especially the chocolate liquor. 50 is too much. If you are going to give away things produced by the facilities as ingredients for other stuff, you need to make the facilities useful otherwise so as to justify purchasing it with farm cash.

I'm going to wait and see with the new preserve factory. If you guys start giving the products away as ingredients to other stuff, then I will not waste my money to get the facility.

mashadow
Apr 29 2010, 05:03 AM
here here. .

Kornchex
Apr 29 2010, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the update.

Please consider letting us buy fuel soon. It's tough to find reliable workers, and 3 farms worth of harvesting and planting burns through a ton of fuel.

servocrow
Apr 29 2010, 06:07 AM
This game is so fun now!! Thank so much!!

Big Honking Toe
Apr 29 2010, 06:49 AM
I would like to see some other use for the chocolate factory. I am somewhat disappointed that I bought it, since the chocolate liquor can be sent as a gift. There is almost no need for it now, and it was a waste of farm cash. I do think that the gifts are unbalancing the game. I get a lot of gifts, and I have almost no need to have cows, chickens, etc. on my farm, or to make sugar or flour.

The gift amounts need to be toned down to a token so that producing those is still important, especially the chocolate liquor. 50 is too much. If you are going to give away things produced by the facilities as ingredients for other stuff, you need to make the facilities useful otherwise so as to justify purchasing it with farm cash.

I'm going to wait and see with the new preserve factory. If you guys start giving the products away as ingredients to other stuff, then I will not waste my money to get the facility.

Considering that farmtown can't even handle the amount of cows I would like on a farm getting(without causing 2-3min load time) It's nice.

Aero 1
Apr 29 2010, 06:55 AM
Love all the new stuff think the game is fab i am totally addicted. I have already bought the Food preserve factory. However i am so upset as agin i have just been to market to sell off my cooked pizza etc and again accidently just sold all my cows milk please please please we need a are you sure prompt or a lock on items we dont want to sell. I now have no milk and will have to wait days to get enough to produce stuff again. I had 1500 cow milk and now its all gone:(

Weezie
Apr 29 2010, 07:02 AM
Can I ask - when we put rivers/ponds on the farms, are they supposed to be stocked with fish already or do I have to wait for that initial time to pass before they will have any fish?

Thanks

Zoe101
Apr 29 2010, 07:14 AM
The slight problem here is that when you actually get to market to sell the things, those '?' are not showing and you have to rely on memory. Could it be made so that you see the ? when you are in Sell mode too?

Yes also we need to be able to lock the items we want to keep as i have accidently sold items needed for cooking one click and its gone we either need to be asked are you sure or have another storage to send our ingredients too. My friend just click on her cows milk by accident and now she has to wait days to build it back up to be able to make anything that needs milk.:(

zabel
Apr 29 2010, 07:20 AM
I only put catsup on my hotdogs, I don not like the taste of mustard.
To each their own....

zabel
Apr 29 2010, 07:24 AM
I have a lot of water on my 3 farms, I tried fishing, and it is fun.... but I could spend the entire day fishing.... Can it be that we click on each section of water and catch all the fish at once?

Farmgirl_Su
Apr 29 2010, 07:29 AM
GREAT WORK..Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zabel
Apr 29 2010, 07:30 AM
In New York they put saurkraut on the hot dogs.... guess FT needs a facility to turn cabbage into saurkraut?

susan gardner jimison
Apr 29 2010, 07:31 AM
i have a problem with the 15 day thing since we have neighbors working the plants it is gone in 1 day. also we who are a level 80 and have been since the last levels changed, we dont get anymore farm cash. i have worked hard and made a lot of coins but have no hope of getting more farm cash. i love this game and now you are putting a limit on what i produce. thanks for listening to me gripe, but i am begging you to up our farm cash, i have over 1 million xp. please let us produce all we can, what does it hurt?
thanks

zabel
Apr 29 2010, 07:42 AM
Gee Whiz.... my husband says I spend way too much time in FT playing.... to gather 2 to 3 million coins a day, you must never leave your computer at all???

nanie's farm
Apr 29 2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks so much for the new additions - it just makes this game more addictive!

I love farmtown for its very realistic buildings, but now the new facilities look impossibly childish!! The juice facility looks like 2 cartons of Juice and the sandwich facility - God where do I begin? It looks like something from the Jetsons!!

Come on graphics department!! Surely you can do better?! Because I'm so HORRIFIED with the look of the buildings but because I NEED to use them, I've got them hidden by Royal Poinciana trees!! Honestly, you did great with the Flower Shop, Stone, Barn, Wool Shed, Round Barn etc..it looks realistic and blends in with the whole farm look, but suddenly you have some silly looking building looking completely out of place!!

PS - I have vowed to NEVER play farmville for its UGLY graphics...come on farmtown, don't go their way too!

Tony D
Apr 29 2010, 08:28 AM
i have a problem with the 15 day thing since we have neighbors working the plants it is gone in 1 day. also we who are a level 80 and have been since the last levels changed, we dont get anymore farm cash. i have worked hard and made a lot of coins but have no hope of getting more farm cash. i love this game and now you are putting a limit on what i produce. thanks for listening to me gripe, but i am begging you to up our farm cash, i have over 1 million xp. please let us produce all we can, what does it hurt?
thanksHi Susan - you can keep loading it up so if it is gone in 1 day or less - load more into it.

moravia
Apr 29 2010, 08:35 AM
I just subjected myself to off the hook ringing by trying the auto quotes to get get the preserves facility. Won't do that EVER again. I think I am officially an addict. Cool new stuff.

Other games on FB have other ways to earn cash, cafe world has a lottery and events where if you log in every day for a week you get 1 cash a day, and zoo world gives you cash for completing trophies and breeding animals, and it's not just 1 per trophy either. 1 for bronze, 2 for silver, 3 for gold, 4 for platinum and 5 for admantium. And FV provides premium items through mystery gifts and their holiday collections. So, asking for other ways of getting getting farm cash is not w/o precedent.

reeree54
Apr 29 2010, 08:44 AM
Wonderful idea ~ now can you please make it easier to increase the size of the 3rd farm???

ladyred99
Apr 29 2010, 08:46 AM
i went to tools and have no rod....sigh...is not everyone getting them at same time? :(

Weezie
Apr 29 2010, 08:48 AM
i went to tools and have no rod....sigh...is not everyone getting them at same time? :(

Your fishing rod is in your tool belt with your watering can.

Tony D
Apr 29 2010, 08:48 AM
i went to tools and have no rod....sigh...is not everyone getting them at same time? :(I the fishing rod is in the yellow box above the map (bottom right corner) in the same place as the watering can and the camera

Mamma Woz
Apr 29 2010, 08:57 AM
Great new additions .... I was thinking how cool would it be to have use for lemons like the lemonaid stand actually producing lemonaid.

all so any news that there will be levels higher than 80, for many of us who is at that level for some time now.

angelsmiles689
Apr 29 2010, 09:01 AM
Need more levels please! Love all the new additions but , dont like the fact that we have to have pickles and ketchup as a gift received. Ketchup I understand when you get the canned facility will work. I wont pay for a facility with farm cash so we are just out of luck then?

Madam Hooch
Apr 29 2010, 09:06 AM
More levels would be nice, but what I really need is a fourth farm. Seeing as the farms are set out in a triangle kind of shape adding a fourth square to represent the fourth farm would be easy, but please please please don't make us have to buy it with farm cash - just have it dependent on having the third farm.

LoreneC
Apr 29 2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the continuous improvement of the game.

Just a couple comments:
I do not like the graphics with the facilities, I have to agree with those who say they are more cartoonish than realistic and previously FT realism was one of the things I enjoyed most.

I own them anyway since they are such good coin makers!;)

Since we are making so much in coins I hope we can get new manors, flowers, new things to decorate with. These items can be very expensive (coins) since we are all becoming quite wealthy in FarmTown!!!

Thanks for all you do and thanks for asking for feedback.:)

kttwinsred
Apr 29 2010, 09:29 AM
Is anybody else having a hard time getting their entire farm to load? I have refreshed, updated flash player, everything but no luck. I am lucky if it loads at all. Everything was running great last night. Any help out there?

nanie's farm
Apr 29 2010, 09:32 AM
I have a lot of water on my 3 farms, I tried fishing, and it is fun.... but I could spend the entire day fishing.... Can it be that we click on each section of water and catch all the fish at once?

Its a great idea from Zabel - i had to spend ages just clicking on the rivers and lakes...:(

kalvindean
Apr 29 2010, 09:38 AM
1000 crandberries and 8300 sugarcane in my storage, and I can't use it in my factories fast enough ! Thanks for all the wasted time & effort in making them.

ellareese
Apr 29 2010, 09:40 AM

lol but so true:D:D:D:D:D

christine smith
Apr 29 2010, 09:40 AM
OMG well if you're going to put that much stuff on them, you SHOULD put on onion! LOL

I happen to like mine with catsup, mustard, mayo, relish and onions!:p

FarmTownNewbie
Apr 29 2010, 09:41 AM
... are more cartoonish than realistic and previously FT realism was one of the things I enjoyed most.

If you noticed a few months ago when new trees came in i.e. dogwood, cherry, poplar - the art style changed quite a bit. Those trees don't really "go" with the original tree illustrations. The devs possibly lost their original designer. I didn't like the lack of consistency either.

But the factories aren't something one would find on a farm, so why should they match the wood slat farm buildings? We have buildings this tacky in the states, some much worse! I thought these FT creations were so ugly I set up my second farm with nothing but factories and restaurants! I'm even polluting streams and pond, just like real life, lol!

But hey, other farmers just cleverly hide them in the trees - they don't look so bad then.

Well I'm off to have pizza for breakfast and do a spot of fishing! Have a great day!

christine smith
Apr 29 2010, 09:44 AM
Yes also we need to be able to lock the items we want to keep as i have accidently sold items needed for cooking one click and its gone we either need to be asked are you sure or have another storage to send our ingredients too. My friend just click on her cows milk by accident and now she has to wait days to build it back up to be able to make anything that needs milk.:(

I accidentally sold all my cheese!!

Old Goat
Apr 29 2010, 10:17 AM
1000 crandberries and 8300 sugarcane in my storage, and I can't use it in my factories fast enough ! Thanks for all the wasted time & effort in making them.
I'm curious, why did you produce that much?

kalvindean
Apr 29 2010, 10:22 AM
I'm curious, why did you produce that much?

I've got ~2500 cranberry trees, as for the sugarcane, I was leaving it build up, because I was playing away from home on a notebook :(

-edit- It was lucky I had put my 37000 grape juice in before the update :D

lesnes55
Apr 29 2010, 11:08 AM
I love the new stuff but I wish you could use coins instead of FT$ for them

DARLENEW
Apr 29 2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks so much, Raul....you just keep getting better and better...love the new facilities, and love to fish in my river....fun, fun, fun!!! You are fantastic and I appreciate all of the hard work so we can have what we want and need....THUMBS UP!!!!:D:D:D

Marri
Apr 29 2010, 11:37 AM
Thank you for the new facilities and goodies. :)

Now, may we please, pretty please have farm 4 to go with all this. :)
As an aside, when you go to the Real Estate office, the seeds window pops up. (Just had to go to check if any more land became available.)

JYD
Apr 29 2010, 12:00 PM
Fishing!..I love the unexpected tangents the creative team are taking! I've been plodding along, expecting a 4th farm to be the next advent and then I get 'fishing' ,fantastic! This new change, made me buy a lake and a cabin...thank you! How funny are you lot? :)

P.S. - can you be really quirky and let the lamps be lit? Like the Christmas tree was able to be twinkly?
Edit- Ooooo! Maybe even have a night/ day phase like my Satnav does when I drive in the evening!...asking to much, aren't I? :D

Farmer McDonald
Apr 29 2010, 12:27 PM
For all of those complaining about being level 80 and not being able to get more cash, I am sure that there will be more levels added. Farmville has 90 so they need to keep up. Just wait and most likely we will have the ability to add more cash to our accounts without spending.
I cannot afford to spend one cent on anything because I do not have an entertainment account. I need everything of the little I get to pay for neccesities. But I also understand that the owners do need to get cash to pay for salaries and servers. In this economy, the ads do not get as much as a response so advertisers are not willing to spend as much. I guess that we need to learn patience. Just my 2cents worth.

meinhardt76
Apr 29 2010, 12:29 PM
can anyone tell me where we get bread lol?

Capriherb
Apr 29 2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the continuous improvement of the game.

Just a couple comments:
I do not like the graphics with the facilities, I have to agree with those who say they are more cartoonish than realistic and previously FT realism was one of the things I enjoyed most.

I own them anyway since they are such good coin makers!;)

Since we are making so much in coins I hope we can get new manors, flowers, new things to decorate with. These items can be very expensive (coins) since we are all becoming quite wealthy in FarmTown!!!

Thanks for all you do and thanks for asking for feedback.:)
Trees! I sorta hid the front of them with palms, etc. Now they look nice. Flowers at the bottom too.

Capriherb
Apr 29 2010, 12:35 PM
can anyone tell me where we get bread lol?

You make it in the bakery

Inge Jones
Apr 29 2010, 12:56 PM
I agree the new facilities are a little garish, but what I have done is I have made two of my farms traditional and I keep all my factories on one farm that I have turned into a sort of leisure area like a park and put tables and chairs outside the pizza restaurant.

ScottLanter
Apr 29 2010, 01:03 PM
I agree the new facilities are a little garish, but what I have done is I have made two of my farms traditional and I keep all my factories on one farm that I have turned into a sort of leisure area like a park and put tables and chairs outside the pizza restaurant.

I guess I would tend to agree the design of the new buildings could have been a little more traditional looking to fit in with the realism of past buildings. It's fine to get creative with signage on the building, but maybe keep future buildings designed in the traditional sense. However, the present designs are fine. Just a thought for future buildings. :D

LoreneC
Apr 29 2010, 01:10 PM

Well of course I used trees and put them in a different area with an industrial park and a food court. But since the devs want feedback I gave mine! ;)

mjl1960
Apr 29 2010, 01:19 PM
"2. We had to limit the amount of products you can have producing at the same time on each facility.
The risk of inflation is too high which could impact the game dinamics significantly. The general rule is, you can only have 15 days of continuos production pending for each recipe."

Inflation?? This idea is just too liberal, now we have big government limiting our work. What is next, unions? Taxes? Maybe even government takeover, or bailouts on the farms that aren't making it? What we can't even have a simple game where we are free to produce and make money without the "man" getting involved?

mjl1960
Apr 29 2010, 01:30 PM
"2. We had to limit the amount of products you can have producing at the same time on each facility.
The risk of inflation is too high which could impact the game dinamics significantly. The general rule is, you can only have 15 days of continuos production pending for each recipe."

So...what happens to the crops we have in production on that 15th day? Do we lose them? Or do they just shut down for a day, then resume production?

lisabo
Apr 29 2010, 01:34 PM
I applaud the developers for contiually coming up with new and exciting things. I just wish that a lot of the items would be available with farm coins not farm cash. Items like the semi to get the meats, the factorier juicer, chocolate, and now the preserves. I woudl really like to do these things, but can not spend real money to play the game. Maybe you could offer these items for higher amount of farm coins, so people still have to work to get them.

Also the 3rd farm being 30 neighbors or farm coins. It is crazy. I really want to play all aspects of this game, but it is getting hard to be able to do them all.

Thanks again for such a great game.

Memae
Apr 29 2010, 01:56 PM
I love all the new stuff! Thank you so much.
Hope we get a coffee grinder in the bakery
and pumpkin pie on the product list.

Thanks again, gone fishin'. :D

Farmer Storm
Apr 29 2010, 02:03 PM
Hey there,

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

i think is not good,whit in 3 days my 11000++ pinapplejuis is done whit help from friends and way shuld thay put up a limit on this? now i can only have 3000 pinapple juis at time :( i dont have that much time to ceap loging in just to readd more >.>

Ludvig von Hinterhoch
Apr 29 2010, 02:19 PM
I need a coffee grinder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

mjl1960
Apr 29 2010, 02:36 PM
They are starting to take all the fun out of this game. It is too time consuming, and now they want to limit us on what we can do and when we can do it? Give me a break. Online poker is looking better and better - at least they don't keep changing the rules of the game or losing our friends that play...

Lavenda
Apr 29 2010, 02:47 PM
You can order the hot dog with the semi and it is 150 coins for an order that will be done in an hour and a batch is sold for 200 and a unit for 40 coins.

Thanks, I completely lost this reply and had to go back through my own posts to find it :)

Needalife
Apr 29 2010, 02:50 PM
Just wondering what about a Facility to grind our coffee? Love the extra, although less things to be purchased with FarmCash would be good!

Needalife

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 29 2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks, I completely lost this reply and had to go back through my own posts to find it :)

No problem :)

JAS0643

So...what happens to the crops we have in production on that 15th day? Do we lose them? Or do they just shut down for a day, then resume production?

When you put stuff into the facilities it will only let you load enough to last 15 days with no help. Now as soon as the production goes down a batch you can add another batch to the production you do not have to wait 15 days to add more. If you get friends to help produce that 15 days worth of stuff in say a day then you can add another 15 days worth of stuff to the facility and get help with that. It is limiting how much you can do but in a way (unless you use MS) it is not because you can put in 15 days worth of stuff today, get help with it have it all produced then add another 15 days to the facility. Or if today your friends manged to only do 8 days worth of production then you can add 7 more days tomorrow and get more help.

toonsarah
I agree with what others have said about the appearance of some of the new facilities but they do look a bit like some real buildings I've seen in the US! And you can easily screen them with trees if you want. I've turned my third farm into an actual town (this is Farm TOWN after all!) and they look OK there, though even so I've softned the sandwich place with a few trees!

Schmool
Apr 29 2010, 02:52 PM
Yay!! Love the new stuff and LOVE fishing. Thanks Farm Town!

jackie's farm
Apr 29 2010, 03:01 PM
I think everything is great. Would especially like something to grind my own coffee...maybe with a coffee shop in the near future?

Don't get discouraged with the people who are just never satisfied. It's a game, it's free, it's fun! Nice job!

TraceyMush
Apr 29 2010, 03:51 PM
Fishing is fun!

Thanks for the surprise!!

croyoangel
Apr 29 2010, 03:57 PM
first of all, if i was a dev for any of these online games, i would go home totally depressed every night. seems no matter how hard they work and come up with new ideas for the games, all people can do is gripe. yes some of it looks cartoonish, and some may even say tacky. so what. it is a game to enjoy and have fun with. and yes some you have to pay with farm cash not coins. however, there are only 4 facilities that you have to pay with farm cash and the rest are coins. you don't want to use farm cash, don't buy those. there are plenty more for you to choose from. yes, i can sympathize and empathize with those that don't have any spare cash to spend on this game, i was in the same boat until i got a part time job, so i can understand your feelings on this. (suggestion: put all your spare coins in a jar for a month and then spend it on the game if you want).

now, as for the request. may we have a separate tab on the storage area to put all the stuff from the facilities in. for one it would take care of selling an item by mistake, such as cheese, that we need to make other things with. also, it is a bit tedious to have to scroll thru everything when you are at the market to see what you have to sell.

as for the hot dog debate, my favorite way to eat a hot dog is with refried beans on them. if i don't that then i will use mustard.

KnittyGirl
Apr 29 2010, 04:15 PM
I'm with Croyoangel!!! Some people are never happy no matter what is done!! This game has grown so much and the developers have tried to give us everything that has been asked for - I'm sure there are limits to even their abilities!!!
I, for one, just want to say a huge "THANK YOU" to the developers for making this game so much fun and making me "think" about what I'm going to plant and for what purpose. I love every aspect of this game! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK!!!!

essexboy
Apr 29 2010, 04:31 PM
ready for the sushi bar or the seafood restuarant next.:Dcheers ears devs

Momma Woods
Apr 29 2010, 04:45 PM
can we do anything with the caught fiah except sell them at market?

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 29 2010, 04:49 PM
can we do anything with the caught fiah except sell them at market?

Correct, selling them at the market is the only thing you can do with the fish, currently.

Fireball
Apr 29 2010, 05:05 PM
OMG..FISHING...SOOooooo relaxing :) This game has become so much fun. In the year that I have been playing I have seen so many improvements. Thankyou Devs. So much effort has gone into making this game enjoyable and is appreciated. Over a million points and 44 million coins..waaay too much time on FT and loving every minute of it. Now if I could just hire a cook and housekeeper, I would be content..lol :0 :0 :0

Boots Smyth
Apr 29 2010, 05:07 PM
What does "limited inventory" mean? Please explain in more detail.

Please get rid of the ridiculous ostrich, dog, and other topiary hedges in the gift section. These are items that belong on plantation level farms, and how many ostrich hedges does any farm need anyway? Put these in decorations for the upper level players to buy if they want, and stop taking away the useful gifts, or simple decorative trees and flowers.

brwniemom
Apr 29 2010, 05:28 PM
THANK YOU!!!! I am having an absolute ball with the new stuff.....just wish I had some more farmcash to spend since I used most of it with the last upgrade of stuff...I am already at level 80 and still harvesting/plowing and planting so I'm kind of curious when/if the next upgrade comes what level I'll be at that then....LOL :)

Happy Farming everyone!!!

Jenny

zabel
Apr 29 2010, 05:33 PM
I love to be able to hire someone to fish for me.... I can't possibly fish all the rivers, river corners, ponds and the lake not counting the 2 waterfalls I have made....

*Farmer Brad*
Apr 29 2010, 05:33 PM
Thank you so much for all this! Another AMAZING update! :)

Question, what can we do with our fish when we catch them?

Thanks! :)

JAS0643
Apr 29 2010, 05:36 PM
Thank you so much for all this! Another AMAZING update! :)

Question, what can we do with our fish when we catch them?

Thanks! :)

Nothing right now but I have a feeling that will change.

Fourbenn
Apr 29 2010, 06:13 PM
The new additions rock. You guys are the best.

Any plans for more 4 day crops?

LoreneC
Apr 29 2010, 06:19 PM
first of all, if i was a dev for any of these online games, i would go home totally depressed every night. seems no matter how hard they work and come up with new ideas for the games, all people can do is gripe.

They asked for feedback, good and bad, because they need this information.

They can't know how to improve if people aren't honest about what theydo or don't like. Not saying the players opinions will all agree, but they do need to hear both sides!

New to This
Apr 29 2010, 06:28 PM
I keep losing my apples, cranberries and other tree products since the last upgrade. Is anyone else having the same problems???

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 29 2010, 06:31 PM
I keep losing my apples, cranberries and other tree products since the last upgrade. Is anyone else having the same problems???

The facilities can only produce a certain amount now.

lisabo
Apr 29 2010, 07:25 PM
first of all, if i was a dev for any of these online games, i would go home totally depressed every night. seems no matter how hard they work and come up with new ideas for the games, all people can do is gripe. yes some of it looks cartoonish, and some may even say tacky. so what. it is a game to enjoy and have fun with. and yes some you have to pay with farm cash not coins. however, there are only 4 facilities that you have to pay with farm cash and the rest are coins. you don't want to use farm cash, don't buy those. there are plenty more for you to choose from. yes, i can sympathize and empathize with those that don't have any spare cash to spend on this game, i was in the same boat until i got a part time job, so i can understand your feelings on this. (suggestion: put all your spare coins in a jar for a month and then spend it on the game if you want).

Ok...I am not complaining about the game. In my origional post not only did I thank the developers for such a great game, but I also said thanks for the updates.

What I was saying about farm coin vs cash, is that factories like the food preserves, juice and the semi truck that brings in meats, all have to be purchased with farm cash. I have purchased all the other factories. To be able to make pizzas, sandwiches and hot dogs, we have to have meats, and toppings. Since I can't purchase the semi or the food preserves factories, I have to rely on my friends to send me things. And since a lot of friends have quit playing, the factories that I do have like the pizza and sandwich shop pretty much are useless to me and everyone else who can't buy the cash items. And for your infomation, I did chose to spend my last farm cash on the 1st level of farm 3....so I can actually farm more, since a lot of land is taken up by factories.

I love this game and haven't quit playing, like so many have. I also wasn't complaining, but adding my opinions. Just like you added yours. And for the record all my spare change does go into a jar, so my kids' savings accounts. I think sending them to college is a higher priority then playing a game....which is free!

Digger Margee
Apr 29 2010, 07:29 PM
Oh my! You guys are SO AWESOME! You are Programzillas!
What a wonderful way to waste part of my day lol lol lol.
I really liked this game before....now I LOVE it! I predict you will become very rich with Advertising income :)

deb02
Apr 29 2010, 07:32 PM
Love the new seeds, facilitys etc but would be happier if we all had access to the ones you can only buy with Farmtown Cash. I can't afford to buy farmtown cash so don't get to buy these things. Also Can anyone tell me why since the new seeds etc have been added when i go to the Realtors Office it brings up the seeds list?

RandRMom
Apr 29 2010, 07:40 PM
I love, Love, LOVE the new additions to the game. I'm glad y'all have decided to do something different for the game as I was getting rather tired of just planting, plowing and harvesting and rearranging my farm. LOL Finally, some more things to do! :)
I'm interested to see if there will be a facility added for flowers as I have noticed that in the gifts section, you send more than 1 flower as a gift. Will there be a flower shop soon? HMM... that would be cool! Keep up the good work, devs, and thank you so much for making the game so much more interesting and fun!

ohoh
Apr 29 2010, 07:40 PM
Ok...I am not complaining about the game. In my origional post not only did I thank the developers for such a great game, but I also said thanks for the updates.

What I was saying about farm coin vs cash, is that factories like the food preserves, juice and the semi truck that brings in meats, all have to be purchased with farm cash. I have purchased all the other factories. To be able to make pizzas, sandwiches and hot dogs, we have to have meats, and toppings. Since I can't purchase the semi or the food preserves factories, I have to rely on my friends to send me things. And since a lot of friends have quit playing, the factories that I do have like the pizza and sandwich shop pretty much are useless to me and everyone else who can't buy the cash items. And for your infomation, I did chose to spend my last farm cash on the 1st level of farm 3....so I can actually farm more, since a lot of land is taken up by factories.

I love this game and haven't quit playing, like so many have. I also wasn't complaining, but adding my opinions. Just like you added yours. And for the record all my spare change does go into a jar, so my kids' savings accounts. I think sending them to college is a higher priority then playing a game....which is free!

I agree with you!!!

John P Darrow
Apr 29 2010, 07:44 PM
You know, I was very close (just waiting for some trees to be gifted) to being able to produce at full capacity at all the facilities. It took 3 Dairy Processing Plants to produce enough Cheese for everything (the only non-giftable that required more than one plant's worth of output), but I almost had it.

Now the sandwich facility has made that impossible: the sandwiches add another two full plants' worth of production need for Cheese, in addition to requiring Bread and Hotdog Bread at a rate that requires three Bakeries, and Hotdog Sausage at four times the rate the truck can bring it in (though its also being a gift avoids that particular issue).

Please either slow down the production rate or reduce the supply usage at the Sandwich Facility, or speed up the rate at which the needed intermediates can be produced, or allow those intermediates (Cheese, Bread, Hotdog Bread) to be sent as gifts the way Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, and Flour can be. (They can replace Strawberry, Blueberry, and Pineapple, there's no reason for basic crops to be giftable when people can easily harvest enough of them to keep up with facilities' needs - Tomato is the only one that gets used at such rates as to justify it being a gift too...)

And, no, having friends help "Produce Faster" doesn't actually help: they speed up the Sandwich Facility's consumption of the intermediates just as much as they speed up the other facilities' production of them.

Yes, I know it's just a game, but sometimes part of the fun of the game is to see a particularly difficult goal and then to accomplish it. It can be frustrating when you invest a lot into reaching a goal and suddenly the terms of the goal are changed so as to make said goal not just more difficult, but impossible to complete...

P.S. Please make animals movable between farms!

ellshere
Apr 29 2010, 08:10 PM
Mustard is needed for the civilized users of this game.

Where do you people eat?

Any decent ballpark hot dog is accompanied by ketchup mustard and relish, not to mention a few onions.

pookiepantz
Apr 29 2010, 08:16 PM
I am not able to get bread even though I have flour in my storage. What am I missing? Thanks for the help in advance.

tikas3
Apr 29 2010, 08:46 PM
Anyone know if grape tomatoes can be used in the production of Ketchup and pizza's?

It's almost impossible to get enough tomatoes now that they stopped the gifting on them, and the grape tomatoes only take 8 hours instead of two days.

Double T Dude Ranch
Apr 29 2010, 08:55 PM
Anyone know if grape tomatoes can be used in the production of Ketchup and pizza's?

It's almost impossible to get enough tomatoes now that they stopped the gifting on them, and the grape tomatoes only take 8 hours instead of two days.

Just answered you in help and support :)

ChooChooMama
Apr 29 2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks! I LOVE the addition of the fish/fishing.:D

*Farmer Brad*
Apr 29 2010, 09:21 PM
The fishing thing is awesome :)

Charo
Apr 29 2010, 09:51 PM

Yah. It's free, but the developers don't work for free. If you want some farm cash, try the partner offers under the Earn Coins tab, so that they can put their kids through school too.

JAS0643
Apr 29 2010, 10:10 PM
Where do you people eat?

Any decent ballpark hot dog is accompanied by ketchup mustard and relish, not to mention a few onions.

Leave the mustard off and it sounds good to me. Nothing wrong with mustard I just don't like it.

Charo
Apr 29 2010, 10:11 PM
Thank you for pulling the tomatoes and mushrooms from the gift tab. Mushrooms especially, since you only need a token amount to grow every day to keep those pizzas going.

Reducing the chocolate liquor to 20 would be a great next step, or adding some other functionality to the chocolate factory would be great. 50 is really too much. You know how many cocoa trees that represents in the chocolate factory, for speeding production? Of course you do, you're the devs. It's more than the 109 cocoa trees on my second farm...

You could eliminate the pineapples, strawberries and blueberries too. I hope those are next. At least the strawberries.

Increasing the units per batch of flour would be a godsend. We have to devote almost an entire farm to wheat in order to keep wheat products cranking every day. We could have more variety of crops for production and enjoy more of the buildings, ponds, and decorations if we didn't have to use as much space just to stay ahead of production for wheat. Maybe we can have a genetically enhanced seed that increases production per harvest. ;)

Aunt Heidi
Apr 29 2010, 10:57 PM
About the newest update: The new choices in crops are pleasant. What is NOT PLEASANT is the arbitrary curtailment of my choice of produced products by forcibly shutting down functions of the utilities. No one can flood the market by instantly producing cheese, cheesecake, apple pies, or anything else. The factories are not designed that way. If I have a harvest of apples in storage, with sugar and flour at the ready, it is my right to choose to make apple pie rather than apple juice. I will only be able to release the pies to the market at the rate of production.

Kaileia16
Apr 29 2010, 11:35 PM
I have been trying to purchase my 3rd farm for over a week and everytime I go, it tells me that I need 30 friends..WELLLLLLLLLLLLL I had 61 friends until Farmtown lost them in the process of updating another farm or at least that is what I was told in an email I recieved 4 or 5 days ago. I have been patient enough, worked hard and long enough to get where I am and this issue HAS NOT been resolved...Why are you creating NEW items (food processing plants etc.,) when you can't even keep up with past issues? THIS IS NOT FAIR TO those of us whom have played since day 1, myself included and I refuse to play again until my 46 MISSING FRIENDS are put back on my farm.. I have notified these friends and WILL continue to do so on a daily basis on my WALL until this issue is corrected..They are willing to stop playing at the same time and also notify their friends who will then notify their friends until there are many many many people NOT playing. With all the new games on facebook, we can certainly get involved in others with less issues ie Farmville, Country Life, etc., and we will. THIS IS NOT FAIR...AND OF COURSE THERE IS NO STRAIGHT ANSWER AS TO WHEN THIS WILL BE RESOLVED...GET A GRIP FARMTOWN AND GET THE OLD ISSUES IRONED OUT BEFORE YOU CREATE NEW ONES...OH YEA,YOU ALREADY HAVE IN THE AMOUNT OF FOOD PROCESSING CAN BE DONE AT ONE TIME..
PATRICIA

earlgray
Apr 29 2010, 11:51 PM

Neither of us said or suggested that anybody was. We are simply expressing our opinion about the designs of the new facilities, which is a perfectly valid thing to do.

earlgray
Apr 29 2010, 11:57 PM
So - you don't believe in Mickey Mouse or Ronald McDonald ? Ha Ha maybe Farm Town IS your reality LOL :p

Maybe Disneyland is yours!

TgSullie
Apr 30 2010, 12:12 AM
How do you get/make the bread? I haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

earlgray
Apr 30 2010, 12:13 AM
If you noticed a few months ago when new trees came in i.e. dogwood, cherry, poplar - the art style changed quite a bit. Those trees don't really "go" with the original tree illustrations. The devs possibly lost their original designer. I didn't like the lack of consistency either.

But the factories aren't something one would find on a farm, so why should they match the wood slat farm buildings? We have buildings this tacky in the states, some much worse! I thought these FT creations were so ugly I set up my second farm with nothing but factories and restaurants! I'm even polluting streams and pond, just like real life, lol!

But hey, other farmers just cleverly hide them in the trees - they don't look so bad then.

Well I'm off to have pizza for breakfast and do a spot of fishing! Have a great day!

Factories are one thing, but a sandwich shop is not a factory. My first farm has a house which has always been intended as a tea shop, and also a bakery. It is intended to be something of a village. But I would be embarrassed to have that silly sandwich shop there.

I'm fine not owning the sandwich shop. I have dairy, sugar, and ice cream facilities (dairy and sugar being necessary to make my bakery items), and I too put them on a separate farm. They look, more or less, appropriately industrial. I think the concept of the facilities is absolutely great. But I care how my farms look, and if the current graphic trends continue for the facilities, I won't be buying them. Just sayin', don't expect that anybody has to agree with me, okay?

Wilde Lily
Apr 30 2010, 12:21 AM
How do you get/make the bread? I haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

You bake the bread in the bakery using wheat which you've harvested and processed into flour in your windmill.

SueW170
Apr 30 2010, 12:32 AM

Now who doesn't believe in Mickey Mouse and Ronald McDonald :) Actually I work as a computer consultant and live in a rural area in the Pacific Northwest where on weekends I enjoy hiking in the real mountains and fishing in a very real river. Not a city gal ;) So guess my model for the FT layouts is the beautiful area where I live and "play." Overall, lots of kudos to the FT developers for their excellent graphics design and for the fact that the application basically runs smoothly despite its complexity.

SueW170
Apr 30 2010, 12:41 AM
Factories are one thing, but a sandwich shop is not a factory. My first farm has a house which has always been intended as a tea shop, and also a bakery. It is intended to be something of a village. But I would be embarrassed to have that silly sandwich shop there.

I'm fine not owning the sandwich shop. I have dairy, sugar, and ice cream facilities (dairy and sugar being necessary to make my bakery items), and I too put them on a separate farm. They look, more or less (although not entirely), appropriately industrial. I think the concept of the facilities is absolutely great. But I care how my farms look, and if the current graphic trends continue for the facilities, I won't be buying them. Just sayin', don't expect that anybody has to agree with me, okay?

As I commented on one of your posts yesterday, Jasmine, you have at least one person who agrees. Another person remarked that there actually are some sandwich places in parts of the US that look as funny as the new FT sandwich shop, true, but generally those aren't found in really, really small rural towns or villages even here. But the funny sandwich shop is okay for players who like it and maybe one of these days the developers will add a coffee shop, tea shop or regular restaurant for the rest of us. And, yes, just a comment. We all have our varied opinions

Queen Hatshepsut
Apr 30 2010, 12:50 AM
I don't think you can blame FT for the FB problem of losing lots of neighbours. We all went through the same thing when FB did an upgrade, it happens from time to time and there's nothing you can do about it.

You just have to resend neighbour requests to all of your friends again, bit of a nuisance but heck I'm just pleased I can keep on playing and it wasn't my farm that was lost!

I have been trying to purchase my 3rd farm for over a week and everytime I go, it tells me that I need 30 friends..WELLLLLLLLLLLLL I had 61 friends until Farmtown lost them in the process of updating another farm or at least that is what I was told in an email I recieved 4 or 5 days ago. I have been patient enough, worked hard and long enough to get where I am and this issue HAS NOT been resolved...Why are you creating NEW items (food processing plants etc.,) when you can't even keep up with past issues? THIS IS NOT FAIR TO those of us whom have played since day 1, myself included and I refuse to play again until my 46 MISSING FRIENDS are put back on my farm.. I have notified these friends and WILL continue to do so on a daily basis on my WALL until this issue is corrected..They are willing to stop playing at the same time and also notify their friends who will then notify their friends until there are many many many people NOT playing. With all the new games on facebook, we can certainly get involved in others with less issues ie Farmville, Country Life, etc., and we will. THIS IS NOT FAIR...AND OF COURSE THERE IS NO STRAIGHT ANSWER AS TO WHEN THIS WILL BE RESOLVED...GET A GRIP FARMTOWN AND GET THE OLD ISSUES IRONED OUT BEFORE YOU CREATE NEW ONES...OH YEA,YOU ALREADY HAVE IN THE AMOUNT OF FOOD PROCESSING CAN BE DONE AT ONE TIME..
PATRICIA

Queen Hatshepsut
Apr 30 2010, 12:53 AM
As far as I can see Heidi they haven't curtailed our choice of produce, all they've done is stop us from loading the facilities with too much stuff at once.

About the newest update: The new choices in crops are pleasant. What is NOT PLEASANT is the arbitrary curtailment of my choice of produced products by forcibly shutting down functions of the utilities. No one can flood the market by instantly producing cheese, cheesecake, apple pies, or anything else. The factories are not designed that way. If I have a harvest of apples in storage, with sugar and flour at the ready, it is my right to choose to make apple pie rather than apple juice. I will only be able to release the pies to the market at the rate of production.

SueW170
Apr 30 2010, 01:08 AM
I agree with what others have said about the appearance of some of the new facilities but they do look a bit like some real buildings I've seen in the US! And you can easily screen them with trees if you want. I've turned my third farm into an actual town (this is Farm TOWN after all!) and they look OK there, though even so I've softned the sandwich place with a few trees!
Visited your farms -- great layouts. And thanks for the suggestion/advice about using trees to screen some of the facilities.

SueW170
Apr 30 2010, 01:21 AM
In New York they put saurkraut on the hot dogs.... guess FT needs a facility to turn cabbage into saurkraut?
Oh, that is so good, but generally it's used (at least where I've had kraut dogs) on Polish hotdogs (more like a sausage and spicier than regular hotdogs) and the bun is usually larger. Not suggesting FT add another type hotdog really, but the idea of kraut or slaw to use our cabbage?Good idea.

SueW170
Apr 30 2010, 01:35 AM
I just subjected myself to off the hook ringing by trying the auto quotes to get get the preserves facility. Won't do that EVER again. I think I am officially an addict. Cool new stuff.

Other games on FB have other ways to earn cash, cafe world has a lottery and events where if you log in every day for a week you get 1 cash a day, and zoo world gives you cash for completing trophies and breeding animals, and it's not just 1 per trophy either. 1 for bronze, 2 for silver, 3 for gold, 4 for platinum and 5 for admantium. And FV provides premium items through mystery gifts and their holiday collections. So, asking for other ways of getting getting farm cash is not w/o precedent.

Exactly why I've never taken a chance on one of those get a quote offers. As for others, since I watch very little TV or movies and prefer to browse the second hand book shops in my area for books, so haven't signed up for NETFLIX or the book of the month type offers which if someone is interested in the products may actually be okay of course.

I only do Farmville, jump on for about 10 minutes ever day or every other day, because some of my FT neighbors are active in FV so haven't really noticed much difference in getting game Cash between FV and FT. Prefer FT because of the better graphics with the exception of the animals. Actually FV's animals are more real looking the ours in FT but overall FT is so, so much better:)

The FT Cash for Trophies would be a nice idea although that would go very slowly, too. The best suggestion I've seen so far is and "exchange rate" of FT Coins for FT Cash via the FT Bank.

SueW170
Apr 30 2010, 01:40 AM
I don't have the chocolate factory (yet, may some day), but do agree, Charo, that it would be nice if it produced something other than liquor -- such as chocolate syrup, chocolate bars such as are used in baking and chocolate candy, maybe chocolate chips for our cookies too.

As for toning down gift amounts? That probably depends on the player. Some of us don't have as many fT neighbors as others and not all FT neighbors gift regularly as some here have commented.

amers25
Apr 30 2010, 01:43 AM
thanks a bunch i was getting confused with the fishing....i had a river at once but got rid of it cause i didnt think there was gonna be any use for it lol....so i just put another one...and was like wtf??? im not getting any fish lol

SueW170
Apr 30 2010, 01:44 AM
Great...Can we have a fish & chip shop for the Brits now?
Fish & chips are popular here in the US too, though generally they are sold at food shops or restaurants along with other items. .... I like your idea, though, and it would also give us another option for our potatoes other than just selling them at Market.

jerseyguy
Apr 30 2010, 03:57 AM

BTW, I LOVE FARMTOWN with all of the new additions!! I have many of the new Facilities, and hope to get them all eventually. (FarmVille should be THIS GOOD, but they are losing ground when it comes to adding what people want!)

You click the yellow tool basket on your control panel, the fishing rod is located under the watering can.

fudgelulu
Apr 30 2010, 04:36 AM
where is the fishing rod it isnt in mt tool section:confused:

nanie's farm
Apr 30 2010, 04:45 AM

I'm fine not owning the sandwich shop. I have dairy, sugar, and ice cream facilities (dairy and sugar being necessary to make my bakery items), and I too put them on a separate farm. They look, more or less, appropriately industrial. I think the concept of the facilities is absolutely great. But I care how my farms look, and if the current graphic trends continue for the facilities, I won't be buying them. Just sayin', don't expect that anybody has to agree with me, okay?

I absolutely agree with you Earl Grey!! My farms are works of art and I spend time making sure it looks like quilts for example...how incongruous to have a plastic looking sandwich factory in the midst of all that!!
Im an artist and I know it doesnt take much to enhance the look of the facilities...change the colours to more natural and realistic ones (eg. not striking blue stripes as in the ice cream factory and the ugly colours of the juice facility) remove the curves and fibre glass looking curves (eg in the silly submarine look sandwich shop) and the UGLY childish fake tower designs (eg in the juice factory and the preserves facility).

Come on Farmtown!! While the whole world is going towards 'green' and natural designs, youre still stuck in the plastic look of the 70's!! I know some people are saying that many factories seriously look like that, but why must Farmtown follow suit in ugliness? Why dont you continue designing realistic looking buildings like the stone, round and brown barns for example?

It looks like you have two sets of designers..one artistic group designing well thought out realistic buildings and the other is a group of kindergarten kids just churning out amusement park facilities!!