PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- May 9, 2010

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
May 09 2010, 07:21 AM
Hey there,

We just released a new version with the following features/changes:

1. The Watermill (coins) is now a facility that produces Corn Flour for snacks and other future products

2. The Oil Factory (12 FC) produces Olive Oil for different snacks

3. The Snack Factory (coins) produces:

-Potato Chips
-Plantain Chips
-Nachos
-Veggie Snack Pack (carrots, broccoli, celery and grape tomatoes)
-Peanuts in the shell
-Walnuts

4. The Confectionery Factory (32 FC) produces:

- Chocolate Box
- Chocolate Bar
- Chocolate Strawberries
- Chocolate with Caramel
- Candy Apple
- Candycane Jar
- Hard Candy Jar

5. You can now catch some walleyes and northern pike on the frozen lake for those who still have it, and it's available again on the store

6. You can now ask relatives and friends on special ocasions (like mother's day ;-) to buy you farm cash items as gifts from the store using the new 'Send' button, you will receive them on your gift box directly, currently they have to be your neighbours to do it

7. The '?' icon is now also shown on the market place, to make it easier for you to determine if sell the proucts or use them to make other products

8. The realtor bug showing the 'Seeds' window for some users should be fixed now

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

*Farmer Brad*
May 09 2010, 08:08 AM
Wow, thank you so much for all the new updates! I can't wait to try some out! I just got a new farm yesterday just for facilities, so I'll have plenty of room for them :)

I also now understand why people are so upset when they can't move their animals! lol

Doris R.
May 09 2010, 08:12 AM
I need help but don't know how to get it. Cannot make cheese, butter and other dairy products. Have plenty of inventory. Just bought second dairy facility hoping to correct problem. Does Not help. How do I get to where I can report this problem. Of course this keeps me from using most all of my other facilities. This has been like this 2 weeks

blue duck
May 09 2010, 08:16 AM
I'm having trouble with storing cheese too. I've gotten all the way to 99% ready with my cheese, just to have it disappear! Grrrrr! How frustrating!

essexboy
May 09 2010, 08:26 AM
thanks for the new stuff:)

farm town addiction
May 09 2010, 08:41 AM
just want to add my thanks to the team for all the great work you put in... i love this game......

beatriz
May 09 2010, 08:44 AM
Do I have to have the olive oil factory to make things from the snack factory??

BamaMike
May 09 2010, 08:56 AM
Do I have to have the olive oil factory to make things from the snack factory??

No you can make 3 things. Peanut snack,walnut snack and veggie snack.

DARLENEW
May 09 2010, 09:03 AM
Thanks, Raul....you just continue to outdo yourself,,,,,it is wonderful!! Keep up the good work,.love it, love it, love it!!!:D:D:D

SueHacker
May 09 2010, 09:05 AM
Where do I buy Plantain trees or get them? I cannot find them anywhere.

Berferd
May 09 2010, 09:09 AM
Great Update folks.. Thanx so much..
Altho I believe there should be a "Fish and Chips" joint.. It would allow more options for the Fish and Taters...
Just a thought...

Berf

lc8
May 09 2010, 09:24 AM
Great updates but as a veggie I'd still love some veggie options in the sandwich shop :-)

bluemountain
May 09 2010, 09:34 AM
and againd for coins!
it ****** me off!!!
Why should i pay for a ******* virtual thing???
It's the most stupid here!!!!!!!

I HATE ALL FOR DOING SO!!!

Vik
May 09 2010, 09:46 AM

the olive trees are only sent as gifts

Vik
May 09 2010, 09:53 AM
and againd for coins!
it ****** me off!!!

the olive oil factory is bought with FT$ which i believe you to be ****** about BUT it is not necessary to buy it there is other stuff to make in the factory that doesn't require olive oil.

the snack factory is bought with COINS you can come by them pretty easily if you play the game, the watermill well i think every one already has at least one of those :)

I also refuse to pay for things with my real money but have accepted that i WILL miss out on something somewhere along the way ;)

LoreneC
May 09 2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks for adding the gift option.

This will make nice inexpensive gifts for my friends who are FT addicts without breaking my piggy bank!!;)

maidmarian
May 09 2010, 10:08 AM

If you click on the '?' on the plantain chips it tells you what you need which is olive oil and banana harvests. So it is banana trees you will need :)

T3rry
May 09 2010, 10:20 AM
for those complaining about sending money on farmtown cash, think if it as spending your money on the game, or the entertainment value, not the "virtual property". i don't mind spending a few bucks here and there, considering i get a lot of entertainment value out of this game.

think about it like this, have you ever been to a music concert? chances are you have, and you paid upwards of $100 on a ticket, which gives you 3 hours of entertainment, where as farmtown has probably given me 300 hours or more, so it's value is $30000 in relation, i'd never pay that much for it, but a few bucks here and there is no big deal to keep you entertained.

also i don't mind sending them a bit of cash now and then, for a bit of security that the game's developers can and will continue to keep the game running.

Derbyshire Dancer
May 09 2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the new updates .. I have purchased a Snack Factory.
However, I'm very concerned that we can not get past Level 80 and therefore our $'s don't increase :( How can be possibly purchase new facilities if we aren't granted the $'s we are owed ?
I'm aware that you can purchase $'s using real money, but I prefer NOT to do this.
I have been on the GET MORE COINS/CASH and have TRIED to get as many Farm Cash as I can by using the Daily Application but its not always available :( I have also joined several dating sites to my horror !! lol and not been rewarded the FC.
PLEASE rectify the level situation asap ...and give us the $'s we have earned, so we can purchase the facilities that you are dangling under our noses !!!
It would help if the facilities that can only be gotten with $'s, where also made available for coins ..... please consider this a possibility :)
Thanks for all you've done so far, keep up the good work ... believe me, I know how hard you guys are working in the back ground ! but bring us up to date with levels and $'s xx :)
Tatty Bear x

T3rry
May 09 2010, 10:35 AM
you all act like the developers owe you something, yet you're not willing to spend even $5 on the game.

LoreneC
May 09 2010, 10:40 AM
you all act like the developers owe you something, yet you're not willing to spend even $5 on the game.

I think people forget the developers have overhead: salaries, possibly insurance for employees, rent, electric, servers, etc. I am sure that is a small partial list!

merianb
May 09 2010, 10:41 AM

I'm agree with you completely! It's not a necessary part of the game to own the items purchased with Farm Cash.

PRT
May 09 2010, 10:49 AM
I have zero FC and I don't care. I spent what I had. I'll use coins for things. Just work harder :)

For the snack factory, which I may buy, what do you need besides potatoes to make the chips? I gather oil but where do I get that? Sorry if that's been answered somewhere.

Inge Jones
May 09 2010, 10:50 AM
I need a 4th farm! I just don't have the room to grow everything I need to supply all these factories!

Joy G.
May 09 2010, 11:17 AM
I want my pickett fence and 2 donkeys back....they disappeared....please put them back.

Rebelgurl
May 09 2010, 11:20 AM
Why can't people be happy with what the developers have already given us, I have spent a few dollars here and there to buy things like extended farms and factories , but I was also happy before I bought them , just playing the game escaping the real world and making FarmTown my fantasy world to escape to . Thanks FarmTown for saving my Sanity , special Thanxs to the Developers

servocrow
May 09 2010, 11:28 AM
You wonderful people...after I just gave the SuperRewards people another tongue-lashing about not giving me my 58 FarmCash after I DID actually place a BloomsToday order, I was lamenting on to spend..or not to spend...more real money...

'sigh'...well...now I can at least postpone it for a bit...

kiss, kiss..thanks...off to spend part of Mother's Day reworking my Farm.

Rebelgurl
May 09 2010, 11:31 AM
Still looking for my pickett fences that disappeared and two donkeys....a simple thing to correct.
Are you sure you didn't delete them , I accidentally deleted a BIG pond with fishing boat , and had to suck it up and admit I messed up and moved on without it , cause I was out of FC$ .

jennieileen
May 09 2010, 11:32 AM
thanks for the new products.... when are we getting more farms to buy....

merianb
May 09 2010, 11:32 AM
Still haven't found an answer to how I get back my pickett fences and 2 donkeys....there should be some better was to post and get an answer.

Joy, if you make a post about your problem in a different place, you will probably get an answer. This thread is for the new update.

Joy G.
May 09 2010, 11:42 AM
Rebelgurl....No I did not delete them...I cannot buy new ones and put in their place...will not work. All my picket fences around the farm are missing, but not the regular white ones and also two donkey by the barn, which I did not delete....when you try to put a new one down....the space will not take it.....thanks, anyway.

PRT
May 09 2010, 11:42 AM
I asked before about the oil for potato chips. I know sunflowers, soybeans and peanuts create oil. The peanut oil would make the most sense because of growing time between potatoes and peanuts, but will that work? I don't feel like buying and/or planting things if I need some esoteric oil! :)

farmernina
May 09 2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the upgrades - of course I sold every lousy olive I had in storage yesterday:( but I bought the facility anyway and should have a small crop soon to begin so I can make snacks soon!

servocrow
May 09 2010, 11:44 AM
The heck with it...I gave myself a Mother's Day present...and plopped $20 into the game.

I don't care.

TAKE THAT, SUPERREWARDS!!

;p

Wilde Lily
May 09 2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks so much!! What fun this game has become! :D

Now...pretty please Farm #4 on which to grow all the extra necessary crops? :o :)

merianb
May 09 2010, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=servocrow;3510510]The heck with it...I gave myself a Mother's Day present...and plopped $20 into the game.

I don't care.

TAKE THAT, SUPERREWARDS!!

;p[/QUOTE

Good for you! You deserve it. Happy Mother's Day!

lss60@comcast.net
May 09 2010, 12:21 PM
All you need are Banana Trees

missdragonflylady
May 09 2010, 12:24 PM
It would be nice if Olive trees were available for purchase, since they will be used so much in the snack factory. Some of us have deadbeat neighbors, who don't gift!

lss60@comcast.net
May 09 2010, 12:28 PM
I love the new facilities but now you deleted the trees that I bought before from the store. How cruel is that. I purchased months ago Walnut Trees and Olive Trees so now I have to rely on neighbors to send them to me. do you know how long that can take to get enough to do anything with??????? I don't have 50+ neighbors. You should put them back in the store, all the trees we need even if you have to charge more money for them, with the 10 million+ dollars I have with 3 farms I can afford that!

ant carter
May 09 2010, 12:34 PM
I love the new facilities but now you deleted the trees that I bought before from the store. How cruel is that. I purchased months ago Walnut Trees and Olive Trees so now I have to rely on neighbors to send them to me. do you know how long that can take to get enough to do anything with??????? I don't have 50+ neighbors. You should put them back in the store, all the trees we need even if you have to charge more money for them, with the 10 million+ dollars I have with 3 farms I can afford that!

I agree having to wait for trees we need takes ages. I would prefer to buy them

PRT
May 09 2010, 12:35 PM
Now I see the answer!! Should have read more carefully the first time. You need an oil factory to make oil for some snacks. Since I have no FC, that is moot.
I can make other snacks. I guess I may as well buy the snack factory after I think about it a little bit. That's a lot of coins :)

SallyL
May 09 2010, 12:47 PM
Thank you. I will say I was disappointed when I went to gift an oil facility and found I had to pay for it. You don't have to in the special days sections(Easter, etc), why in the facilities section? I'm not complaining, just questioning. You're led to believe you can gift on special days, why don't you add you have to pay for the gift? Then people won't be disappointed like I was. I want to repeat, I am not angry and complaining, just misled.
Other than that, I am overjoyed. Pretty soon I won't have time for Any other games. lol

Meranna
May 09 2010, 12:48 PM
If you bought the Confectionary Facility [or had it gifted] could you post your farm link please. Would like to see the details of what products & how much it takes to make each confection...can't find it posted anywhere else. Thanks

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 09 2010, 01:04 PM
Thank you. I will say I was disappointed when I went to gift an oil facility and found I had to pay for it. You don't have to in the special days sections(Easter, etc), why in the facilities section? I'm not complaining, just questioning. You're led to believe you can gift on special days, why don't you add you have to pay for the gift? Then people won't be disappointed like I was. I want to repeat, I am not angry and complaining, just misled.
Other than that, I am overjoyed. Pretty soon I won't have time for Any other games. lol

im guessing it was done this way for those who keep asking if they can buy items with cash and give them as a gift to family and friends. i have seen that requested many times.

essexboy
May 09 2010, 01:13 PM
thanks for the new stuff but really,whats with the rubbish graphics.
the food preserve factory- looks like a cardboard cut out
sandwich restaurant- looks like a gaint tampon
and afew of the new facilities looks like castles,what gives.....I have brought afew of the nice looking facilities with real money and I would stick my hand in my pocket again,if the building looked nice and they dont,so I will leave my money in my pocket for now.

they really look like a child has designed them.bert and co sort out the rubbish graphics.
love the way you can make thing,but hate the new graphics.sorry.

denolee
May 09 2010, 01:13 PM
Just a quess, but I'd say BANANNA TREE'S make Plantains, being Plantains are made from South American Bananna's!!

lady laveda
May 09 2010, 01:18 PM
when i first started farmtown, i thought to myself, well i'll never spend any money on this game they are crazy !! BUT as i've played farmtown and loved it, i did some rethinking on my position of spending money. I thought about all the game i bought my son and video machines i gave him money to feed, and thought well why not i have certainly enjoyed this game, so i went to the bank and spent 19.99 on myself, and i'm glad i did.

Thanks
Farmtown !

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 09 2010, 01:29 PM
when i first started farmtown, i thought to myself, well i'll never spend any money on this game they are crazy !! BUT as i've played farmtown and loved it, i did some rethinking on my position of spending money. I thought about all the game i bought my son and video machines i gave him money to feed, and thought well why not i have certainly enjoyed this game, so i went to the bank and spent 19.99 on myself, and i'm glad i did.

Thanks
Farmtown !

thats a great way to think of it.. i told my husband i would one day be buying cash and he was iffy about it so i commented on how he just had to have a brand new ps3 when it came out just so it collected dust he agreed to let me buy it when im ready lol still havent found an item i just had to have right away to purchase the cash so i keep earning it free with the offers

New to This
May 09 2010, 01:36 PM
What a bummer.
I am sitting here with over 90 mil in coins; but, I cannot buy the factories that I would like to buy as I have -- 0, zilch, nada, no -- dollars. :(
I have not found it easy to get the dollars -- as some seem to do -- through the -- Earn Cash and Coins -- tab.
I have over 950 k points. New seeds, new factories, new stuff -- but no new levels!!!! What is up with that???? Why are we not getting new levels. I worked hard to get my levels -- unlike now when they are fairly easily attained. But, now I am being penalized.
People have asked in the past and I am asking now -- why can you not -- at least -- give both a coin and dollar amount to the different factories/things?? :confused:

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 09 2010, 01:42 PM
What a bummer.
I am sitting here with over 90 mil in coins; but, I cannot buy the factories that I would like to buy as I have -- 0, zilch, nada, no -- dollars. :(
I have not found it easy to get the dollars -- as some seem to do -- through the -- Earn Cash and Coins -- tab.
I have over 950 k points. New seeds, new factories, new stuff -- but no new levels!!!! What is up with that???? Why are we not getting new levels. I worked hard to get my levels -- unlike now when they are fairly easily attained. But, now I am being penalized.
People have asked in the past and I am asking now -- why can you not -- at least -- give both a coin and dollar amount to the different factories/things?? :confused:

you are not being peanalized you recieve as much cash as everyone else based of of levels just because one reaches the last level doesnt mean they in the end get a diffrent amount. unless someone purchased cash or took the time for the offers the amount stays the same...

as for levels there seems to be a time frame between adding new levels so im assuming if more come it will be in a certin amount of time if they do add more..

if there is a coin and cash amount those who paid real cash would demand refunds it wouldnt be fair and the company will loose allot of money from no one buying the cash that they use to fund the free game because it is free unless you choose to pay for something else but majority is free and if you dont buy the items for cash you arent being held back in the game since there are items for coin in the facilities

above is just my thoughts and oppinions on why

Whoopsidaisy
May 09 2010, 01:53 PM
Thank you so much for all the NEW stuff, lol!! Love the new facilities and thanks for the check marks on the produce so I know what to sell and why I shouldn't sell the one's with checks. It tells me exactly what I can use the apples with or grapes, etc. That's an added bonus and I appreciate it very much.

I have to say, I was NEVER going to spend real money on another game since I have been very disappointed in the past from doing just that. BUT...I finally broke down and spent $40 on MYSELF, since I am on this game playing everyday and really enjoy playing I see no reason not to. Other games I have spent real money on haven't given me half the pleasure I get from playing this one, so why not spend a few dollars on it? It's for me after all.

Sesselwill
May 09 2010, 02:04 PM

Sue, you don't need plantain trees, just banana trees. Yes, we all know that plantains are different from bananas, but here on FT, all things are different! lol

Saylorgirl
May 09 2010, 02:05 PM
To all you level 80's that are complaining about not having cash you earned as many coins as the ones coming up through the ranks. I am also a 80 and saved all my cash and had not spent it. I have now spent it all on the facilities and I have added to it by clicking on pay pal. I do not begrudge the devs from earning money on this game. I expect to be paid for my work why shouldn't they be paid? Love the new facilities! Now for that coffee shoppe . . .

CynthiaSue
May 09 2010, 02:08 PM
Is there any chance this new update could have affected my being able to get on the game using chrome? I don't understand the problem all the sudden. I can get on with Firefox, but it is agonizingly slow in loading my facilities. My avatar stays "busy" forever. Could I have put teh new facility down wrong or something. I went and loaded them, so to move them now would cause me to lose all. I have cleaned my cache. I have never had a problem getting on before. Could I just have too much stuff now?

It is stuck on 5%

Hessel
I love the game more now than when I first started. I enjoy every session.
The developers have done an excellent job and have created a truely addictive and educational game. Im at level 80 and have spent $40 buying farm cash. I probably would spend more if

We have more levels
And a 4th and even 5th farm.

I want to spend MORE time on Farm Town, but need these things to do that.

Please consider adding these two items to an already great game.

Thanks for making a wonderful game. I love it.

diannevt
Now I really need a 4th farm. I want them ALL, but where am I going to put them? :)

Charo
May 09 2010, 02:11 PM
and againd for coins!
it ****** me off!!!

Because the devs don't work for free, that's why. This is their WORK. They have to eat, put kids through school. If you don't want to pay anything then don't, but you will be left behind. Consider doing one of their partner agreements that will help them to get paid, under Earn Coins. If not, tough cookies and see ya.

JAS0643
May 09 2010, 02:39 PM
6. You can now ask relatives and friends on special ocasions (like mother's day ;-) to buy you farm cash items as gifts from the store using the new 'Send' button, you will receive them on your gift box directly, currently they have to be your neighbours to do it

Look at what Raul posted about sending people farm cash items. He says you can ask people to buy you farm cash items as gifts. I don't know how much clearer you want him to be about it.

JAS0643
May 09 2010, 02:40 PM
Thank you for all the new stuff. I need another farm to put all this stuff on and I would like to see more flowers added to the game.

pagirl
May 09 2010, 02:44 PM
I am at the highest level I can go and I think Farmtown should give us more farm cash. I just bought a snack making factory and can't buy the factory to squeeze the olives, either give us more farm cash or make it available for coins. This stinks

SueW170
May 09 2010, 02:45 PM
Hey there,

1. The Watermill (coins) is now a facility that produces Corn Flour for snacks and other future products

-Potato Chips
-Plantain Chips
-Nachos
-Peanuts in the shell
-Walnuts

- Chocolate Box
- Chocolate Bar
- Chocolate Strawberries
- Chocolate with Caramel
- Candy Apple
- Candycane Jar
- Hard Candy Jar

5. You can now catch some walleyes and northern pike on the frozen lake for those who still have it, and it's available again on the store

7. The '?' icon is now also shown on the market place, to make it easier for you to determine if sell the proucts or use them to make other products

8. The realtor bug showing the 'Seeds' window for some users should be fixed now

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

Nice :) I could wish that the corn meal could be made in the same facility as the flour, thus eliminating the space needed for the water mill, but really water mills are often used for making stone ground corn meal, so good choice there. Now some day I'll need to have a little more river (despite it's gosh awful blue color). Also some day may add one or two of the other new facilities, space permitting. A little redesigning of farm 2 may be in order.

Now not to be pushy, but how 'bout a decent looking small restaurant as an alternative to that sandwich shop, for those of us who are trying to stay with a more traditional farm/small town look?

Great job with the FT game, Raul. I continue to be impressed with the quality and functionality of the application and how well integrated the programming is.

Meranna
May 09 2010, 03:00 PM
I asked before about the oil for potato chips. I know sunflowers, soybeans and peanuts create oil. The peanut oil would make the most sense because of growing time between potatoes and peanuts, but will that work? I don't feel like buying and/or planting things if I need some esoteric oil! :)

Peanut oil makes better sense just for the taste & cooking factor. It takes the high temperature needed & has much milder 'non-descript" flavor, unlike olive oil. That should definitely not be used to make "chips"!

Taz D
May 09 2010, 03:05 PM
I think they meant banana chips. Close but not quite right.

SueW170
May 09 2010, 03:10 PM
I don't have a problem with occasionally spending a little real $$ for the FT application since I don't do movies, pay-for-view television (and have the least expensive cable TV package available not being much into watching television), go to concerts, and rarely buy DVD's or CD's. FT is a relatively cheep alternative to enjoy in the evenings while listening to the radio, a change of pace from reading which I also like.
However, the recent design style change does take a little away from the pleasure I have in designing FT layouts. I may not be old, but I'm not a 10 year old either so buildings that look like something out of a Disney film don't especially appeal.
Oh, well, guess if I do get some of the newer facilities I'll just have to do as I did with the garish juice factory -- disguise them with trees. A shame really since the concept of small businesses adjacent to a farm makes sense and adds interest to the game.

Charo
May 09 2010, 03:28 PM
Plantains are a cousin to the banana, bigger and sweeter. They're great when fried!

jesdreher
May 09 2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the update! I really do appreciate the work that is going into this game. My addiction has been sated for a while now. One request though. Before you come out with more facilities, please let us add a 4th farm. I can't keep up with all the crops that now have to be produced. Currently only one of my three farms is dedicated to crops and it's clearly not enough. I really hate to clear one of my other farms. A 4th farm would solve a lot.

Charo
May 09 2010, 03:34 PM
I would also suggest that if you are not going to give us a 4th farm, that you boost the output of flour, tomatoes and corn, since these are multi-day crops that are heavily used (or going to be heavily used) as ingredients in other products. The flour output alone could stand to double, which would allow us to use less of our farms for growing wheat and for other items. Wheat just takes up too much space, and tomatoes are a close second.

kathy@setuplinux.com
May 09 2010, 03:41 PM
I love the new production facilities! I agree that spending a little cash now and then to expand your farms is worthwhile and makes them more fun. The money ensures that they will be able to continue making the game better.

One thing I would suggest would be the ability to move things from Farm to Farm (like now I would love to be able to move trees because I need to make room for more facilities). Now you have to store them, then move them to the applicable farm. When you've reached your storage limit, it causes problems. It would be nice to "hide" your animals like you do your trees and buildings because the cows and chickens take so long to load.

Being able to use the "four times" feature when you plow for someone else would make people more willing to plow and harvest for you. With all the production facilities now, they can earn money faster going into them than harvest and plowing for someone. Human nature makes people want to make "fast cash." I know I would volunteer more often if it was faster. Thanks for the great job you guys do!! I am definitely a Farm Town addict. It helps me through my stressful day!. Good job!!

Marri
May 09 2010, 03:46 PM
Thank you for the new additions, but please, please, please let us purchase a 4th farm very soon! Not even asking for more levels at the moment, just a 4th farm! :)

SueW170
May 09 2010, 03:57 PM
Hi, I have the confectionery, chocolate, food preserve, snack, oil, and others on my 3rd farm. Feel free to check them out.
Thanks for posting the link. I had already thought that the oil factory would not be on my list of things to acquire. Now I'm sure -- what a design LOL May however put the confectionary on my wish list even though, in the real world, candies and sweets are low, low, low on my priorities.

ant carter
May 09 2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the update! I really do appreciate the work that is going into this game. My addiction has been sated for a while now. One request though. Before you come out with more facilities, please let us add a 4th farm. I can't keep up with all the crops that now have to be produced. Currently only one of my three farms is dedicated to crops and it's clearly not enough. I really hate to clear one of my other farms. A 4th farm would solve a lot.

i have 3 farms growing crops for facilities and i need more room too many crops now needed

SueW170
May 09 2010, 04:03 PM
Look at what Raul posted about sending people farm cash items. He says you can ask people to buy you farm cash items as gifts. I don't know how much clearer you want him to be about it.
Well for gosh sakes! I would never think of asking friends, even real life close friends to buy me gifts. How rude that would be! When giving a game gift requires a FT neighbor to spend real cash? No, no, no. If I had a very good real life friend or relative who played FT and knew they would like a particular facility for the game, I'd be glad to gift it to them especially for a special occasion, but ask for a gift to be purchased? No. I think that's a dreadful concept to introduce into the FT application.

jhughe29
May 09 2010, 04:10 PM
please farm town people lets have another farm so we can put all these things on
Justin

Charo
May 09 2010, 04:12 PM
I do have to agree that the design of the facilities is not what I would have hoped for. This isn't Disney. While I don't expect complete realism, there is a stark contrast between the houses and manors and some of the facilities. One set looks like a good approximation of a real world building, the other set looks like a cartoon or coloring book scenery. The pizza factory and bakery are good, but the design of the newer buildings is increasingly garish, especially that snack factory.

dryred
May 09 2010, 04:35 PM
Would quite like to use the watermill to grind coffee?

Kaytutt
May 09 2010, 04:41 PM
argh, today i finished redesigning my farm and now more stuff! lol

Thanks for all the new updates though, they keep me busy, i dont have enough time to go to work these days!

Hermione29
May 09 2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks love the new additions.. 4th land please for all the new stuff not enough room :D

PopeyeHelix
May 09 2010, 04:52 PM
Nice update ;) Please we want a 4th Farm!!!

Tipka
May 09 2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the update, I like what you do with the game :) I only regret it came on sunday and now I have to wait next weekend to grow what I need for snack factory, they are all short term.

just go on like this :=)

Fireball
May 09 2010, 05:16 PM
I do have to agree that the design of the facilities is not what I would have hoped for. This isn't Disney. While I don't expect complete realism, there is a stark contrast between the houses and manors and some of the facilities. One set looks like a good approximation of a real world building, the other set looks like a cartoon or coloring book scenery. The pizza factory and bakery are good, but the design of the newer buildings is increasingly garish, especially that snack factory.

Lovin Farm Town more each day...but do think the Devs are smoking funny stuff. The newer facilities are comical and BIG...but I laugh, buy them all and squeeze them in a tiny space. Why tiny you ask..gee, one has to plant new crops for the facilities to work so anything that is not important is now in storage. My whole take..just plant baby plant and ignore how PURDY the new facilities look.

LoreneC
May 09 2010, 05:22 PM
Well for gosh sakes! I would never think of asking friends, even real life close friends to buy me gifts. How rude that would be! When giving a game gift requires a FT neighbor to spend real cash? No, no, no. If I had a very good real life friend or relative who played FT and knew they would like a particular facility for the game, I'd be glad to gift it to them especially for a special occasion, but ask for a gift to be purchased? No. I think that's a dreadful concept to introduce into the FT application.

I get asked what I want for Christmas, birthday etc quite often.

Kaytutt
May 09 2010, 05:23 PM
blimey that snack factory is majorly ugly and HUGE, I cant find a tree big enough to hide it lol

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 09 2010, 05:33 PM
I get asked what I want for Christmas, birthday etc quite often.

i just got an oil factory from my husband for mothersday with the spare farmcash he had.. i love it lol

calt531
May 09 2010, 05:53 PM
Is the olive oil going to be on the gifts page like the ketchup and chocolate liquor, for those who don't have the $ to buy to factory?

prettyponies
May 09 2010, 05:59 PM
OMG! I go away for a few hours to ride my horse in the mountains with a good friend, then return to find one of my Aussie FT neighbors had sent me a note, all giggling and excited, about buying a new snack store!

What??????????

I race to the store to find out..........there are NEW facilities!!!

Happy Mother's Day to me!!!!!!!

I immediately bought the confectionery store for my village, and now am making chocolate candies to my heart's content!! I have a huge storage of chocolate liquour from my huge orchards of cocoa trees - what a treat to have more items to make from my chocolate production!!

I **love** you guys (developers)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meinhardt76
May 09 2010, 06:02 PM
Thank you for the new updates I am just having such a wonderful time with this I can do without the FT Cash items least theres a few things I can make.

Mitipants
May 09 2010, 06:07 PM
I love the new updates, thank you!

I kinda like the graphics on the factories....my Village Market looks a bit like Willy Wonka gone barmy LOL

I agree with the fourth farm though....even though I swore I would never need it!

SueHacker
May 09 2010, 06:08 PM
If you click on the '?' on the plantain chips it tells you what you need which is olive oil and banana harvests. So it is banana trees you will need :)

So they are not plantain chips, they are banana chips. Wierd. Those are two similar fruits, but not the same thing at all. Almost as bad as the trees that produce cranberries.

terririley
May 09 2010, 06:09 PM

The bananas are used, not plantains. :confused:

Debbie Arnold
May 09 2010, 06:17 PM

You have your neighbors gift you Banana trees. Used for making Plantain snacks. :D

mandyp46
May 09 2010, 06:28 PM
please instead of new updates and factories can we have level up dates i',m $1 point away form the oil thinky, its all very good but please dont let us pay to play

mandyp46
May 09 2010, 06:33 PM
oh sorry why have tom's,mushrooms and onions gone off the gift page?????

SunnyD
May 09 2010, 06:36 PM
Rebelgurl....No I did not delete them...I cannot buy new ones and put in their place...will not work. All my picket fences around the farm are missing, but not the regular white ones and also two donkey by the barn, which I did not delete....when you try to put a new one down....the space will not take it.....thanks, anyway.

don't know if someone already answered you Joy...... get off of farm town..... empty your cache or internet temp files ...... reboot your pc and come back to Farm town they will be there....... if you notice they won't load on anyone Else's farm either.....that happens from time to time.......this will fix it

Debbie Arnold
May 09 2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the new facilities even though I can't get all of them yet. I would love to have a 4th and 5th farm or increase our farm size to 30x30. In the meantime, I am planting under my forest of fruit trees to have the crops that I need for my facilities. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So anyone who needs more crop land, try hiding your trees, plow and plant under them. If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying because I had the same problem at first. I'm a Level 80 player with 2 separate accts. that I play Farm Town with. Level 80 on both with over 60Million coins on each acct.

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 09 2010, 06:48 PM
please instead of new updates and factories can we have level up dates i',m $1 point away form the oil thinky, its all very good but please dont let us pay to play

go to the earn coins tab add the app of the day. all your doing is adding a facebook app and recieveing $2 for it easy and free

SueW170
May 09 2010, 06:58 PM
I appreciate knowing that others agree about the new designs. Yes, the snack factory :( And that olive oil processing plant!! Just silly looking. I finished (for now) the design on my 2nd farm and would like to have added one or two of the new facilities, but after seeing them, decided not to. For now, pending some better designs, I'm finished with acquiring facilities. . . . Even the ones at Farmville, which I'm really not active in, look better.

facebookdude
May 09 2010, 07:05 PM
Hey there,

-Potato Chips
-Plantain Chips
-Nachos
-Peanuts in the shell
-Walnuts

- Chocolate Box
- Chocolate Bar
- Chocolate Strawberries
- Chocolate with Caramel
- Candy Apple
- Candycane Jar
- Hard Candy Jar

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

Thanks for the information! Really appreciate it!

Toranut97
May 09 2010, 07:27 PM
Wow. Just -- wow! Thanks!

cmemom13
May 09 2010, 07:44 PM
No one is forced to spend their money for farm dollars. I too said I wouldn't, but I enjoy the game, so I allow myself x amount to spend. I don't drink, smoke, gamble, go out- other than church and this is my fun. I do hope they take the game up past 80. I was there when they upgraded to 80. Also wish there were more houses to purchase.

Capriherb
May 09 2010, 08:16 PM
Can we move the animals now????
If this can't happen, just a simple note telling us would suffice.
Wow, so much new stuff, and all while I was doing my Mother's Day duties to my wonderful mom whom I would gladly give up FT for any day! (Sorry, but I love my mom and treasure her)

Double T Dude Ranch
May 09 2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks Raul and devs :) Keep up the good work!

KoKo's Korner
May 09 2010, 08:32 PM

I couldn't agree more! I keep thinking Roger Rabbit is going to jump out from behind one of the new buildings! All one has to do is a side by side comparison of our original buildings with these new ones to see that we're starting to look VERY cartoonish. Not a good direction for Farm Town to take, in my opinion!

What happened to the graphic artists? Were they fired and replaced by children??? :eek:

Scapergal
May 09 2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for all the new stuff.
Not sure if this is a silly question but where does one get cocoa to make chocolate? Is it a gift or what? Can't find it as a crop or as a tree.
Because of lots of glitches I have not played since right before Christmas.

ohiosweetheart
May 09 2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks for all the new stuff.
Not sure if this is a silly question but where does one get cocoa to make chocolate? Is it a gift or what? Can't find it as a crop or as a tree.
Because of lots of glitches I have not played since right before Christmas.You use the cocoa trees with the chocolate factory to make chocolate. The trees are gifts, so get your neighbors to send them to you.

ohiosweetheart
May 09 2010, 09:09 PM
UGH I'm out of room for more facilities. Farm #4 please!

ChrissieD
May 09 2010, 09:23 PM
I love FT and have happily paid occasionally for FarmCash to buy/upgrade additional farms and things to go on them but I have to agree with the comments other people have made... the factories and facilities are too cartoon like for my taste so just won't buy them. As one of the more 'traditionalist' farmers I would like to see things like a church, school etc to extend my farm into a village. Oh yes, and a 4th farm would be just wonderful please.

Thanks to Raul and the developers for all their hard work.

ohiosweetheart
May 09 2010, 09:28 PM
... As one of the more 'traditionalist' farmers I would like to see things like a church, school etc to extend my farm into a village. Oh yes, and a 4th farm would be just wonderful please.

Thanks to Raul and the developers for all their hard work.

I thank you too Raul and devs.

I agree - I would love to see a school, church, a gift shop, and a grocery store (these would not be facilities). I too am developing my third farm into a town and park, and would like to continue on that course, placing the facilities on a fourth farm.

Thanks for all you do!

ohiosweetheart
May 09 2010, 09:46 PM

:eek: :eek: I just re-read this. I could never ask a neighbor to spend their real $ to send me a farm cash item!!! :eek: :eek:

The Phantom
May 09 2010, 09:46 PM
Hey there,

-Potato Chips
-Plantain Chips
-Nachos
-Peanuts in the shell
-Walnuts

- Chocolate Box
- Chocolate Bar
- Chocolate Strawberries
- Chocolate with Caramel
- Candy Apple
- Candycane Jar
- Hard Candy Jar

Enjoy.

Thanks

--Raul

These are all very nice additions to Farm Town but how about fixing the problem so many farmers are having in not being able to work in other farmers' facilities? Thanks.

janisko
May 09 2010, 09:54 PM
Why can't people be happy with what the developers have already given us, I have spent a few dollars here and there to buy things like extended farms and factories , but I was also happy before I bought them , just playing the game escaping the real world and making FarmTown my fantasy world to escape to . Thanks FarmTown for saving my Sanity , special Thanxs to the Developers

I sooo agree with you. Initially, I wouldn't spend any real money but then I thought about how much time I spend here and when you figure out how much enjoyment we get and what other entertainment costs are... it's really inexpensive to spend a $20 bill here and there to get what we really want. Besides, it's a way of saying thank you to the developers. This IS a business for them, not a hobby.

The Phantom
May 09 2010, 09:56 PM

I have spent plenty more than $5 on Farm Town and should be able to enjoy the game to its fullest but I can not because I have not been able to work in any other farmer's facilities for the past few weeks. It the game were 100% free it wouldn't matter.

janisko
May 09 2010, 09:57 PM
It would be nice if Olive trees were available for purchase, since they will be used so much in the snack factory. Some of us have deadbeat neighbors, who don't gift!

If you need new neighbors just go to the neighbor discussion and post your information. I got so many requests in one day that I had to delete the message.

janisko
May 09 2010, 09:59 PM
If you bought the Confectionary Facility [or had it gifted] could you post your farm link please. Would like to see the details of what products & how much it takes to make each confection...can't find it posted anywhere else. Thanks

I have all of the new facilities on both sets of farms. They are on farm #3.

grannyshellywelly
May 09 2010, 10:02 PM
can someone please tell me where i get the olive oil from.i already have the olive oil factory so does it just make it or do i have to buy tree to harvest?

grannyshellywelly
May 09 2010, 10:08 PM
i have looked in the gift section for olive oil and cannot see any.i have good neighbours who always gift(maybe because i always do)but there is a limit to how many we can send which isnt fair...im short on neighbours to get my third farm,but dont know anyone.is there anywhere to look?i want proper neighbours.please do not send me messages via the envelope on ft as i do not answer these.as even though they are good peeps some are constantly sending these rogue msgs.

janisko
May 09 2010, 10:11 PM
can someone please tell me where i get the olive oil from.i already have the olive oil factory so does it just make it or do i have to buy tree to harvest?

The olive trees are on the gift page. Ask your neighbors to send you some.

janisko
May 09 2010, 10:17 PM
I have two comments on the latest updates...

The facilities take up a great deal of space, plus we now need more trees to "feed" them with. I had great plans on designs for my second farms and was going to use #3 for crops but now I need all the space for crops. As a result I have all of the facilities jammed together on one farm so I have easy access and so my workers don't skip any of them. Some of the new buildings should have been a whole lot smaller, like the size of the bakery.

Another issue I have is that there is no real incentive to take the time and effort to feed the facilities. I'm sure before long I'll become bored with them because the coins continue to mount VERY quickly and there is nothing for us higher level players to do with them. At both of mine I think I have in excess of 50 million coins. Please give us some high buck items to spend them on so we have the incentive to continue using facilities.

Jean Woessner
May 09 2010, 10:19 PM
Plantains are related to bananas. So I am assuming that you need banana trees.

MaryLouW
May 09 2010, 10:23 PM
Wow... what a nice surprise!! I woke up this morning and there are all kinds of new things!!! I would liked to have seen a small coffee shop but I'm sure that will come eventually.

As for giving it as a gift, that's a great idea! When family members ask me what I want for a birthday or whatever, I can ask them to buy me a facility! I have everything else I need in real life so this is great for both of us.

I don't mind spending a few dollars here and there to buy a facility. What does it cost for ONE night out at the movies? If you have a soda and some popcorn, and you live in my area, you spend a good $25 for just one night of entertainment. Look at how much fun you have with FT and at not nearly the cost!! These games aren't free to make - someone has to pay the developers and programmers, etc. and if we don't spend some money now and then, the program will not be upgraded. Like all of us, we like to reap the rewards for our hard work.

They did a bang-up job on this game. I can complete most store-bought games in a few hours and those cost me $19.99 at Best buy. Compare that to the many hours you can play here for free. It's still cheap even if you do add a bit of FC. This is just on-going fun at its best!!!

Thanks to the developers/programmers and crew!!! Well done!

cheekyau
May 09 2010, 10:46 PM
Im Loving the new Facilities But sadly I can not afford to spend real money on a game so I therefore cant get them all. Please dont make this go like so many other Apps MONEY HUNGRY.......
Other than that small problem I am loving the game thanks

jessicahdz
May 09 2010, 10:49 PM
Farm #4 Please :)

alnbev
May 09 2010, 10:55 PM
I am really disappointed and upset. I bought the snack factory only to find out that I had to have olive oil for each and every item. To get the olive oil I have to spend real money to get that factory. There should be some way to know this ahead of time. I would not have purchased this factory had I known I had to spend real money to make it work at all.

alnbev
May 09 2010, 11:10 PM
Is the olive oil going to be on the gifts page like the ketchup and chocolate liquor, for those who don't have the $ to buy to factory?
I agree, please help those of us that don't have the $$ to play also.

Madam Hooch
May 10 2010, 12:21 AM
Farm #4 Please :)
I totally agree. We definitely need a 4th farm!

brwniemom
May 10 2010, 12:30 AM
I agree I am at level 80 and spent most of my FC (farmcash) from leveling up in the last 2 upgrades so I don't have much left, and would love to get the Olive Oil Factory...hopefully some new levels will be added soon and I can level up with the $$$ too if they are still doing that $1 for each new level?? I'm curious to see how much further I have gotten.

I'm a little disappointed to in the fact that the watermill is no longer available to buy so that I can make the cornflower on my farm for the new snack factory's Nachos...all I've found so far is the lakes/river corners/bridge etc...unless I'm looking in the wrong section which wouldn't surprise me in the least. So, if anyone knows where I can purchase a watermill let me know I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Other than those small things I'm loving the new ideas you keep coming up with so we can use just about all of the seeds for something...keep those ideas coming!

thanks again
Jenny V.

amberdh
May 10 2010, 12:32 AM
I agree I am at level 80 and spent most of my FC (farmcash) from leveling up in the last 2 upgrades so I don't have much left, and would love to get the Olive Oil Factory...hopefully some new levels will be added soon and I can level up with the $$$ too if they are still doing that $1 for each new level?? I'm curious to see how much further I have gotten.

I'm a little disappointed to in the fact that the watermill is no longer available to buy so that I can make the cornflower on my farm for the new snack factory's Nachos...all I've found so far is the lakes/river corners/bridge etc...unless I'm looking in the wrong section which wouldn't surprise me in the least. So, if anyone knows where I can purchase a watermill let me know I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Other than those small things I'm loving the new ideas you keep coming up with so we can use just about all of the seeds for something...keep those ideas coming!

thanks again
Jenny V.

Hi there :) the watermill is in the "facilities" section of the store. Half way down, on the right.

Gloria Platt Coplen
May 10 2010, 12:37 AM

They are the banana trees. Hope this helps

Gloria Platt Coplen
May 10 2010, 12:47 AM
I need a 4th farm! I just don't have the room to grow everything I need to supply all these factories!

I definitely need a fourth farm....I'm having to store my houses inorder to have more planting properties and was quite shocked at todays release. I did have some olives harvest and peanuts but not enough to make a batch.

I just sold a huge batch of my sugar cane by accident. Sure would be nice to have a seperate tab for facility storage, so that does not happen again.

justmecookin
May 10 2010, 02:15 AM
OMG Raul you lot have just surprised us again and again with the best items ever...needless to say I have bought it all...thank you ...

Farmer Homer
May 10 2010, 03:08 AM
Thank you for all of the new facilities!

To echo some of the others, I'd really like to be able to buy the trees we need to produce the items. We definitely need another farm or two. I'd like to have one just for trees! Cucumbers to make pickles in the processing plant, grow and harvest flowers for the flower shop. We could make soups and salads in the sandwich shop.

This is so much fun, thank you.

Aero 1
May 10 2010, 03:16 AM
I love all the new addition that we have had and love all the factorys I have them all except chocolate factory just got the 3 new ones but i am finding it impossible to feed them as we need too many trees I have a lot of trees but when I harvest them there is hardly anything to show for it if I harvest 40 apple trees I get 40 apples surely each tree should have at least 10 fruit on it and that way we wouldn't need so many. I can't get many more on my third farm and I have them on my first and second farms too and I just cannot get enough fruit. Also the same with all the things that need to be grown especially the wheat which if you grow 900 when its turned to flour only gives you 450. I expect the same will happen with the corn flour. When we first had the new factorys I was so excited as it was a long time before we had anything new to do but now I am finding it frustrating as I cannot get enough fruit to make anything and same applys to ground grown stuff, also cheese now it its needed for the snacks and i cant get enough for the pizza and the sandwiches as it takes too long to produce unlike the butter which gives you loads but you dont need that in hardly anything. Please look into this as I am sure I am not the only one who feels like this. :) This isnt a moan for anything else quite happy with what you have given us just if you could tweek it a bit lol. Thank you for everything. :)

WayneJ5
May 10 2010, 03:20 AM
Just wondering.... all these people demanding a 4th and/or 5th farm.... maybe they should allow a 4th farm.... for $60 FC.... $100 FC for a 5th... that way they dont have to charge much for the facilities that everyone whines about having to pay for.

Anybody that I know that works in the real world gets paid for the job they do... why shouldnt the developers? They also have overhead to pay.
Im sure that when they do decide to raise the level limit, those will be compensated with the FC that they deserve.
I never seen anywhere that you HAVE to pay to play, but if you want the premium products, so be it. After all, you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR in life.
so it takes you a little more time to do some things, and some things you wont be able to do. cest la vie

SunnyD
May 10 2010, 03:56 AM
Love the new stuff....however I think I may want to wait to use Cash to purchase and hope for a new look on them.........Love the game as always just need a more country or farm look to these for me.........

ddamienie
May 10 2010, 04:19 AM
I have spent quite some time on farm town, and I like the direction the game is going.

I do have a few thoughts though,

I understand the concept of limiting the amount of farm cash we can earn so that will we eventually need to spend real money to buy some. I understand the reasoning behind this. The only thing I have seen is that it continues to have farm cash items etc, I have no problem forking up cash, but with the direction things go, its forcing you to keep having to fork up cash again if you want some of the newer things.

The only thing that has stopped me from actually buying farm cash is the actually functionality of the game. If you expect people to actually spend money on the game, then you really need to work on the performance and graphics.

But all in all, I have spent many hours drifted off in my own little world on Farm Town, and like the way the new things are going, just wanted to throw my thoughts out.

By the way, would love to see a use for the fishes....hint hint, sushi resturant

Doris R.
May 10 2010, 06:25 AM
I'm having trouble with storing cheese too. I've gotten all the way to 99% ready with my cheese, just to have it disappear! Grrrrr! How frustrating!

It is ruining my whole production. I can't use sandwich shop, much of bakery, no pizza, the whole thing has just stopped. I even put the dairy in storage and bought new one yesterday.. Same thing. And I still do not know how to get in touch with who can help me, but thank you so much for talking to me. At least I know there is someone out there. Please tell me if you know how to reach someone who can help us.. Thanks again Doris

LoreneC
May 10 2010, 06:42 AM
#111 Yesterday, 10:46 PM
ohiosweetheart Join Date: Jul 05 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul

I just re-read this. I could never ask a neighbor to spend their real $ to send me a farm cash item!!!

I often get asked what I would like for Christmas or my birthday. I don't think Raul is telling you to cold call people and ask them for farm cash items!;)

aniger
May 10 2010, 07:49 AM
WE NEED MORE LAND!!!!!

I had to go to someone's farm that had the facilities to find out what what required for each one - so here it is for all those wanting to know BEFORE they buy the facility....:D

1. The Watermill (coins) is now a facility that produces Corn Flour for snacks (from corn harvest and other future products

2. The Oil Factory (12 FC) produces Olive Oil for different snacks – from Olive Trees

-Potato Chips - requires olive oil / potatoes
-Plantain Chips – requires bananas – olive oil
-Nachos – requires corn flour, cheese, olive oil
-Peanuts in the shell – peanut crops
-Walnuts – walnut trees

- Chocolate Box – requires chcolate liquor
- Chocolate Bar – requires chcolate liquor
- Chocolate Strawberries – requires chocolate liquor – strawberry crop
- Chocolate with Caramel – requires sugar and chocolate liquor
- Candy Apple – requires sugar and apples from apple trees
- Candycane Jar requires sugar and mint from crop harvest
- Hard Candy Jar – requires sugar and lemon (lemon tree), orange (orange tree), and strawberry harvests

Zoe101
May 10 2010, 07:50 AM
I love all the new addition that we have had and love all the factorys I have them all except chocolate factory just got the 3 new ones but i am finding it impossible to feed them as we need too many trees I have a lot of trees but when I harvest them there is hardly anything to show for it if I harvest 40 apple trees I get 40 apples surely each tree should have at least 10 fruit on it and that way we wouldn't need so many. I can't get many more on my third farm and I have them on my first and second farms too and I just cannot get enough fruit. Also the same with all the things that need to be grown especially the wheat which if you grow 900 when its turned to flour only gives you 450. I expect the same will happen with the corn flour. When we first had the new factorys I was so excited as it was a long time before we had anything new to do but now I am finding it frustrating as I cannot get enough fruit to make anything and same applys to ground grown stuff, also cheese now it its needed for the snacks and i cant get enough for the pizza and the sandwiches as it takes too long to produce unlike the butter which gives you loads but you dont need that in hardly anything. Please look into this as I am sure I am not the only one who feels like this. :) This isnt a moan for anything else quite happy with what you have given us just if you could tweek it a bit lol. Thank you for everything. :)

I agree. More fruit per tree so we don't need so many and that could even apply to ground plots too perhaps 5 items per plot more than one seed goes down on each plot so why do we only have 1 potatoe or one carrot we wouldn't need so much land and we could grow more. I cant use all my facilities either because i cant grow all the items because there isnt enough space and we need so many different ones. Please as said above can you please change it.:) I didnt have any olive trees but now have to have them for the oil but they are so big and take up so much room and look they look horrible compared to the other trees. :(

Mimikrie
May 10 2010, 08:23 AM
and how about a 4th farm now? :D

janetscott9
May 10 2010, 08:37 AM
Dear Raul

Thankyou so much for continuing to bring out new releases, however may i add that it is a little disappointing not to continue to be allowed to earn green cash because we have already spent what we had to keep our farm up to date and not in a position to purchase them i do feel a bit discriminated against as i have the snack factory but cannot earn any more green cash to buy the oil factory and as one goes with the other its a bit unfair

please try and make it possible to continue to earn green cash

regards
janet:confused:

SueHacker
May 10 2010, 09:03 AM
I really am loving all the new stuff, but do have another question: How does one get corn flour?

PRT
May 10 2010, 09:11 AM
Do I need to buy the sugar refinery to produce sugar for ice cream, or does the ice cream just use harvested sugar crops? I got some sugar as a gift, so I see the answer to my own question!!! No other building needed.

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 10 2010, 09:14 AM
I really am loving all the new stuff, but do have another question: How does one get corn flour?

by using the watermil

SunnyD
May 10 2010, 09:21 AM
ok i have a ?? in order to make anything in the snack facilities you need to have the oil factory too??? kind of not really cool to me........ or am i wrong?? i see no gifts of any of the oil you need to make the things in the snack factory...... those without the ability to purchase with Farm cash are getting left out of the use of both of those facilities? or is there other things you can produce in the snack facility that doesn't require the oils?

fireman5214
May 10 2010, 09:55 AM
so let me get this straight.... on holidays u spend your farm cash to send cash facilities and the other player/neighbor gets it free?

OR

s it free for you to send and receve as a gift??:confused:

BamaMike
May 10 2010, 10:02 AM
ok i have a ?? in order to make anything in the snack facilities you need to have the oil factory too??? kind of not really cool to me........ or am i wrong?? i see no gifts of any of the oil you need to make the things in the snack factory...... those without the ability to purchase with Farm cash are getting left out of the use of both of those facilities? or is there other things you can produce in the snack facility that doesn't require the oils?

Three things can be made without the oil veggie snack, peanuts and walnuts.

Alanlee
May 10 2010, 10:03 AM
so let me get this straight.... on holidays u spend your farm cash to send cash facilities and the other player/neighbor gets it free?

OR

s it free for you to send and receve as a gift??:confused:

My wife had more farm cash then me so she sent me the facilities that cost farm cash and the farm cash WAS deducted from HER account and I got them for free. I have a very nice wife. By the way she had earlier in the day used her credit card to BUY me the 3rd farm. I have a very, very, nice wife!!

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 10 2010, 10:08 AM
My wife had more farm cash then me so she sent me the facilities that cost farm cash and the farm cash WAS deducted from HER account. I have a very nice wife.

yup what alanlee said... my huband had some farmcash left over in his account so he sent me an oil factory with it for mothersday it deducted the amount from his account

goofyshoes
May 10 2010, 10:10 AM
Everyone will have an opinion regardless - the developers are awesome. I wish I would have paid closer attention and not purchased the snack factory without realizing I needed to use my farmcash to get the olive oil factory; but life did not end, the world remained the same, and I am still here playing FT. Seriously just like with the whole tree harvesting thing of the past, this too will pass and the displeased will have to wait for something new to whine about.

Zoe101
May 10 2010, 10:21 AM
Everyone will have an opinion regardless - the developers are awesome. I wish I would have paid closer attention and not purchased the snack factory without realizing I needed to use my farmcash to get the olive oil factory; but life did not end, the world remained the same, and I am still here playing FT. Seriously just like with the whole tree harvesting thing of the past, this too will pass and the displeased will have to wait for something new to whine about.

I was hoping that the oil would be in the gift section just like the chocolate but so many people complained (oh i bought a choc factory how unfair it can be sent as a gift) I doubt that we will get the oil in the gifts section now which is a real shame. My sister has choc factory and isnt bothered at all that choc can be gifted but some people made a big fuss and spoil it for a lot of people who cant afford to buy these items. i have all facilities and wouldnt care if everything i can make was in the gifts whether i payed cash for the facility or not it makes no difference thats my choice i bought it cos i wanted it and dont begrudge anyone anything lifes too short. :)

fireman5214
May 10 2010, 11:05 AM
My wife had more farm cash then me so she sent me the facilities that cost farm cash and the farm cash WAS deducted from HER account and I got them for free. I have a very nice wife. By the way she had earlier in the day used her credit card to BUY me the 3rd farm. I have a very, very, nice wife!!

ok, well i dont have family on myspace i dont use facebook. that screws yourself, so y not buy it for urself?

marwahr
May 10 2010, 12:02 PM
Just bought the new facilities and looking forward to more in the works if there are. (hint hint) :) Would love to see a 'restaurant' like someone had posted to sell fish dinners with the fish we catch, or sweet potato pie in the bakery ... oh there are just so so many possibilities for this game!! :) Even spent my money with "real" cash/credit card - since I'm Level 80 on purchasing a oil factory for my sister who isn't employed right now and I had already spent down to my last $1 of FC. :) LOL

To the devs - keep up the good work. Your doing a fabulous job!! :)

SunnyD
May 10 2010, 12:13 PM
HMMM Idea My daughter forgot to mail my mother's day card wonder if i can guilt her into sending me a gift with her Farm Cash lol lol just wondering outloud hmmmmm

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 10 2010, 12:36 PM
HMMM Idea My daughter forgot to mail my mother's day card wonder if i can guilt her into sending me a gift with her Farm Cash lol lol just wondering outloud hmmmmm

is she a forum member (asking to see if she will read lol) if not you should wonder out loud on your fb page lol

goofyshoes
May 10 2010, 12:47 PM
Not sure if this is in the right section. BUT, that farmer that pops up and "reminds" me to send gifts is ANNOYING. Even if I have already sent my gifts for the day.....I still get that pop up and not just a couple times a day.......but.......a BUNCH of times a day. Can someone add an option to turn that off?

Old Goat
May 10 2010, 12:56 PM
This is costing me a fortune!!!!!!! :(
Ever since we got the new facilities we have been eating more pizza and subs.
I can SMELL the **** pizza in the pizza facility!!
Although it would be a healthier choice, no, I can't smell the peanuts or soy beans. Could the devs fix that please?? ;)

Momma Woods
May 10 2010, 12:57 PM
Love FarmTown. My Farms are named ADDICTION, CURE & RELAPSE. Thank you very much for all the work you have put into making farming more challenging & fun.
My watermill will not hide like the rest of the bldgs. The other watermill on same farm will hide. I play from Facebook.

JAS0643
May 10 2010, 02:10 PM
Love FarmTown. My Farms are named ADDICTION, CURE & RELAPSE. Thank you very much for all the work you have put into making farming more challenging & fun.
My watermill will not hide like the rest of the bldgs. The other watermill on same farm will hide. I play from Facebook.

If we get a 4th farm will it be named OD. :D

servocrow
May 10 2010, 02:25 PM
I just thought of something...I have some other ID's and I can gift other NEW items to MYSELF....

MUAHAHAHAHA...MUAHAHHAHHAAHAAHHAHAAHAHA...,MUAHAAH AHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHAHHAHAHA

ALL THOSE silly people who aren't playing anymore...all the fun they're missing...

*snickers madly, returns to replant*

Nanny's Nook
May 10 2010, 03:11 PM
I just thought of something...I have some other ID's and I can gift other NEW items to MYSELF....

MUAHAHAHAHA...MUAHAHHAHHAAHAAHHAHAAHAHA...,MUAHAAH AHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHAHHAHAHA

ALL THOSE silly people who aren't playing anymore...all the fun they're missing...

LOL I do it myself all the time, my other farms and my grandson's farm! Works like a charm.

Doris R.
May 10 2010, 03:51 PM
I need help but don't know how to get it. Cannot make cheese, butter and other dairy products. Have plenty of inventory. Just bought second dairy facility hoping to correct problem. Does Not help. How do I get to where I can report this problem. Of course this keeps me from using most all of my other facilities. This has been like this 2 weeks

Just do not understand how your system works. Thank you for printing the above but what can be done about it. Same situation still exist.
0510-2010

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 10 2010, 03:57 PM
Just do not understand how your system works. Thank you for printing the above but what can be done about it. Same situation still exist.
0510-2010

could you please explain what happens when you try to make them. this way you can be better helped

ReinaB
May 10 2010, 04:22 PM
Just a quess, but I'd say BANANNA TREE'S make Plantains, being Plantains are made from South American Bananna's!!

It does in game but just for the record, bananas should make banana chips as plantains while they look like larger bananas are not bananas at all. And you can't eat plantains raw either.

luvscats
May 10 2010, 04:26 PM
Any chance of getting a document outlining all the facilities, what they require to produce what they produce? I would still like to have a one shot at moving animals.

SunnyD
May 10 2010, 04:54 PM
is she a forum member (asking to see if she will read lol) if not you should wonder out loud on your fb page lol

Oh your right lol will put it on my FB Status lol lol..... ty

mastermouse
May 10 2010, 05:59 PM

banana trees

lighthouse02
May 10 2010, 06:23 PM

I set up a farm on my husband's FB so that I could send gifts to myself!

Gorgeous2907
May 10 2010, 06:43 PM
i didnt have many neighbours either.. but i really wanted a 3rd farm and the new factories! i dont mind spending money on this game.. its the only one i play... and on the plan im on on my mobile... i can buy farmcash with it without really noticing it out of my credit.
AND I WANT A 4th FARM!!! please
I LOVE THIS GAME!!

hansen2433
May 10 2010, 06:52 PM
I love Farm Town i wasent going to bye fc. But when the facilitis i did it anyway becurse i was getting bored just ploving, planting and harvesting :D now i got all the facilities both coins and fc.
now i cant ceep up with the chocolate liquer i had so mutch of it :eek:
keep up the good work. thank you

JAS0643
May 10 2010, 07:18 PM
Any chance of getting a document outlining all the facilities, what they require to produce what they produce? I would still like to have a one shot at moving animals.

I have a data sheet with all of that information in it, there is a link in my signature. I do not have the facilities from yesterday added yet I will try to get that done tonight or tomorrow.

Jones
May 10 2010, 07:29 PM
How about another farm. Going to need another one to just put all the facilities on. :)

checkmate57
May 10 2010, 07:47 PM
Since the update to the watemill, I have been unable to hide one of the mills when I untick the box. One watermill will be hidden, but the other will not. They are different rotations. Please advise.

deelar3
May 10 2010, 08:17 PM
Does the "?" in our storage to sell or use mean the product is to be used & no ? means sell the product/crop??!!
Thanks in advance for answering my question

Double T Dude Ranch
May 10 2010, 08:19 PM
Does the "?" in our storage to sell or use mean the product is to be used & no ? means sell the product/crop??!!
Thanks in advance for answering my question

Basically yes. The "?" means it can be used in a facility.

MJR
May 10 2010, 08:35 PM
sure would like to be able to take advantage of this upgrade but screen stays at "loading 0%"
I use Firefox's latest version on a cable connection...since it won't load I don't have a server for you.....

CynthiaSue
May 10 2010, 08:36 PM
These facilities make it so that we need ever so many crops to keep them going. The more facilities one has, the more one needs to plant, so you end up with less to make in your facilities, which may be good to keep things balanced. However, it would be cool to be able to be neighborly. For example, if someone needed cocoa liquor, they could give me any cocoa they have from their trees in return for the chocolate liquor they produced. I would be more than happy to do that for neighbors even if I didn't make anything on it. Or if we could sell some of our meat that we have delivered to our neighbors. So that those with certain facilities, might be able to help our neighbors who don't have these items.

Lavenda
May 10 2010, 10:11 PM
I have updated my data sheet with all the info (except xp's from producing veggie snacks...) that should have all the info you need. Link is in my signature

ETA: that was in reply to luvscats post which I thought I had quoted... oops!

dolphindreamtwo
May 10 2010, 10:11 PM
ok... what the heck had a whole field of apples harvested and did not get credit for any of it... also when i go to my gift box and click on one gift 3 or 4 of them disappear also... takes for ever for things to become ready then there gone. hard enough trying to save up the harvests.. Please help.......

Lavenda
May 10 2010, 10:15 PM
LOVE the new additions, and happy I was taken by surprise :) All the new facilities make use of stuff I was already growing so I'm enjoying having a use for them (and glad I stockpiled!). As always, looking forward to the next and future updates to see where you are taking the game (at the moment it's like watching a painter in progress)

patch0806
May 10 2010, 10:17 PM
why can't these exclusive items which are only available for FC be made available at level 80 for coins also. those of us who are victims of this economy can't afford to spend what little money we have on getting more FC. you have locked item to upper levels, so why can't you do this with the facilities and the truck?

Wilde Lily
May 10 2010, 10:56 PM

Thanks
Farmtown !

Exactly my thinking Laveda! :D

kirk_mcroberts@yahoo.com
May 10 2010, 11:27 PM
When at the market place... selling the finished goods... menu always returns to the top of the list.... would be nice/convenient to have the menu continue at last transaction instead of top of the list every time and thusly having to continuously scroll down to sell the next item... just a little irritating.

if selling a product.... one has to sell the entire inventory of that product... would be nice to have the option of selling partials

harvesting... why not have an auto-harvest feature (most-likely at a reduced rate of return) for when one is not available to harvest on time instead of have an entire crop go to waste...

why not introduce some real-life expenditures into the app... give it a more realistic feature....

btw.... i love this game...

thank you

bruhelmboldt
May 11 2010, 12:51 AM
I'd like to see a roasting facility. Roast coffee beans, peanuts, and chestnuts.

SueW170
May 11 2010, 01:43 AM
Glad to see that, although you have most of the facilities, you've added added your voice to others of us who aren't entirely pleased with the new style designs.

MaryLouW
May 11 2010, 01:49 AM
I love all the new addition that we have had and love all the factorys I have them all except chocolate factory just got the 3 new ones but i am finding it impossible to feed them as we need too many trees I have a lot of trees but when I harvest them there is hardly anything to show for it if I harvest 40 apple trees I get 40 apples surely each tree should have at least 10 fruit on it and that way we wouldn't need so many.

I have pretty much the same problem - I can't seem to grow enough fruit fast enough to use all of the facilities. I have my trees planted on top of my crops to give me more growing room but even that doesn't help. I would like to see the trees produce a wee bit more - maybe 2 apples but those we pay a high price for could have may be 3 fruits. The cranberry trees are quiet expensive and I had hoped they would yield more than one berry. I love all the new toys but trying to get enough supplies to support them just doesn't work for me.

Another option might be to lessen the growing time for the fruit trees. That would actually be better than adding more fruit per tree. 5 days for one mango, one cherry, and one coconut seems like a very long growth period especially since you can only get them as gifts. I only get a few gifts per day so it sort of takes the fun out of the facilities that use these.

melizabeth5
May 11 2010, 01:58 AM
for those complaining about sending money on farmtown cash, think if it as spending your money on the game, or the entertainment value, not the "virtual property". i don't mind spending a few bucks here and there, considering i get a lot of entertainment value out of this game.

think about it like this, have you ever been to a music concert? chances are you have, and you paid upwards of $100 on a ticket, which gives you 3 hours of entertainment, where as farmtown has probably given me 300 hours or more, so it's value is $30000 in relation, i'd never pay that much for it, but a few bucks here and there is no big deal to keep you entertained.

also i don't mind sending them a bit of cash now and then, for a bit of security that the game's developers can and will continue to keep the game running.

I agree. I have bought some Farm Cash...spent no more than a few movie tickets cost. I get my money's worth in enjoyment. I am waiting patiently for a winery with a wine and cheese tasting facility, when it comes I will gladly buy Farm Cash to get. Keep up the good works!

Amethyst28305
May 11 2010, 02:01 AM
Great updates,

but what I am really waiting for is to make wool out of all my lama and sheep fur......

Amethyst28305
May 11 2010, 02:03 AM
I have pretty much the same problem - I can't seem to grow enough fruit fast enough to use all of the facilities. I have my trees planted on top of my crops to give me more growing room but even that doesn't help. I would like to see the trees produce a wee bit more - maybe 2 apples but those we pay a high price for could have may be 3 fruits. The cranberry trees are quiet expensive and I had hoped they would yield more than one berry. I love all the new toys but trying to get enough supplies to support them just doesn't work for me.

Another option might be to lessen the growing time for the fruit trees. That would actually be better than adding more fruit per tree. 5 days for one mango, one cherry, and one coconut seems like a very long growth period especially since you can only get them as gifts. I only get a few gifts per day so it sort of takes the fun out of the facilities that use these.

Oh yeah, that is true, I can make only a few icereme from my Mango trees and I have half a big farm surrounded with Mango trees, but can make very little ice creme with it. It takes way too much fruit for the items in the builidings.

melizabeth5
May 11 2010, 02:04 AM
Exactly my thinking Laveda! :D

YES!! my thinking also.

SueW170
May 11 2010, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the new facilities even though I can't get all of them yet. I would love to have a 4th and 5th farm or increase our farm size to 30x30. In the meantime, I am planting under my forest of fruit trees to have the crops that I need for my facilities. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So anyone who needs more crop land, try hiding your trees, plow and plant under them. If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying because I had the same problem at first. I'm a Level 80 player with 2 separate accts. that I play Farm Town with. Level 80 on both with over 60Million coins on each acct.
Is it possible to have two accounts on one computer by using two different e-mail accounts and names? Not sure I would want to do this, but might in the future.

JAS0643
May 11 2010, 03:57 AM
Is it possible to have two accounts on one computer by using two different e-mail accounts and names? Not sure I would want to do this, but might in the future.

Yes it is. There are people that have several accounts on the same computer. I'm not talking about people setting up fake accounts but families that have one computer but everyone has their own FB account and they all play FT. Also you have school computers or other public computers that people use to accuse ft with.

dottyF
May 11 2010, 05:43 AM
Thanks for putting the ? by the items that can be used for production when you go to the market. That helps out alot.

prettyponies
May 11 2010, 05:58 AM
Of course. No problem there. I do it all the time.

If you want one account's avatar to work on your other account's farm you really need two computers - each computer open to only one account. Using one computer to open both accounts at the same time in separate windows is more difficult. When I do that, I find I have to move quickly because FB opens in any new windows with the account that is already logged on. I have to "log out" in the 2nd window in order to log into the other account (in this case, my sister's account) - but that can log me out of my 1st window (because the FT page recycles every 30 seconds or so) if I don't get back to my own account (on the 1st page) fast enough.

(Hope I explained this right - it does sound confusing, but really is very simple)

It is a delicate balancing dance of speed and movement keeping both accounts going at the same time in two windows on one computer. If you have two computers, there is no problem.

Omega50
May 11 2010, 06:28 AM
I bought and paid for a semi trailer as a gift for a friend, it has NOT arrived in her account? The $22 FC was removed straight away from my account, I would expect that it would have been sent to her in the last half hour? :confused:

Farmer Hannant
May 11 2010, 06:30 AM
There is a solution to having two account open at the same time, I have used it with great success. Simply have one Facebook account open in "Explorer" and open the other account using "Mozilla Firefox" this enables the 2 accounts both to remain open at the same time. I have done this when both are running through Facebook with no problems.

twtywill
May 11 2010, 06:31 AM
No need for plantain trees, you use bananas for plantains. :D

Doris R.
May 11 2010, 06:40 AM
Jeanie NGM's Farm. Thank you for your interest. My Dairy Facility will not make cheese. I cannot click on it. I show that I can produce butter, even the xp points show, but it never reaches my storage. I have tons of milk.
I put the first dairy facility in storage and bought new one. Same thing. No Cheese or butter,. cannot make much in ice cream, pizza, sandwich shops without cheese and butter.

Now yesterday I bought with Farm Cash the chocolate factory.. It produced a few batches and I made Choc. Ice Cream. Was thrilled. When I left the facility it showed 9% done on rest of choc. Went back at 3:00 AM and I have no Choc. No Choc Ice Cream in storage and 2700 coins worth of coco's. So I used all of them and hoped for the best. Now I have no chocolate, No Choc. Ice Cream and No Coco in inventory. I really need some help. There is a horrible problem on my farm and I am so discouraged.

Please someone help me. Doris R.

prettyponies
There is a solution to having two account open at the same time, I have used it with great success. Simply have one Facebook account open in "Explorer" and open the other account using "Mozilla Firefox" this enables the 2 accounts both to remain open at the same time. I have done this when both are running through Facebook with no problems.

Clever!! Thanks for the tip. I use Firefox, but can stoop to using Explorer for my other window. ;)

Edited to add: Tried it - didn't work. Plus Explorer was soooooooooo sloooooooooow. :( Opening double windows in Firefox is both super fast and effective...and easier to work.

Omega50
Never mind about the truck, it was found straight into the gift box, she only checked the requests page. So sorry, and she was very happy to find it!
My apologies,

katvonblue
May 11 2010, 06:41 AM
Just wondering when we will be getting a coffee house?

jsbh821
May 11 2010, 08:14 AM
FarmTown keeps getting better and better! Thanks for all the new things!! Love this game!

Ferbylicious
May 11 2010, 08:22 AM
Hi all

Has anyone done an updated spreadsheet of all the facilities/what you need for each one/where/how to get all the stuff needed for each facility etc etc or perhaps a document and if so, could someone please post a link to it.

ty in advance

rockhopper
May 11 2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the latest updates, Farm Town continues to get better :)
Any sign of a coffee grinder yet?

Alanlee
May 11 2010, 09:54 AM
0510-2010

Doris: click on facility, click on what's cooking, click on item to store it to your storage bin. There are production limits now so you probably can't put all your harvest in at one time, you have to wait till some of it's cooked before adding more. If this doesn't help your problem then please link your farm so a mod can help you. By the way only one of each facility will work on one farm so if you have 2 dairy factories on the same farm, only one will work.

Berthadeb
May 11 2010, 09:55 AM
When I go into things to produce, it zooms in and the x to get out of that area disapears. This happens on my farms and when I go to other peoples farms. How can I correct this?

dottyF
May 11 2010, 10:20 AM
Keep going to the RE Office several times a day in hopes of seeing F4 there. :)

bbyboop1977
May 11 2010, 10:55 AM
loving the new stuff. Only problem is so many trees are needed and they take up to much space. Why can't we get five per trees instead of one. that way we won't need as many trees.

SueW170
May 11 2010, 11:52 AM
Thank you to everyone who answered my question about having two accounts. Just might do this in the future because I have several ideas for additional farms after I get and complete my 3rd one. That's a little (or more than a little) way off in the future, but I was thinking ahead. Designing is such fun and FT is the only application of FB I've found that offers realistic type design options.

DivaQ
May 11 2010, 11:58 AM
Thank you for the new updates!

kaykauffman
May 11 2010, 11:58 AM
Have every building now. Love this game. Just hoping for a fourth farm just for crops. I had to put some things in storage I bought with farm cash because of room. LOL! Such a great job making this the #1 game. Love it so much! This game is awesome. I also bought my daughter-in-law all the buildings. She just moved and finally getting her fio's back up today. She's going to be so happy. Is there a future of getting a fourth farm someday? Sure hope so and hope the levels keep going up.

Charo
May 11 2010, 01:03 PM
Ok, it's definitely time to consider boosting the number of units produced with cheese and flour.

Cheese is used so much as an ingredient, it has long passed the point of one dairy facility being able to produce enough cheese to keep the facilities working all day. Without speeding up, a dairy facility can only crank 36 cheese a day. The other facilities need 84 cheese a day. That's 14 batches of cheese a day. Even with speeding production, that's still a lot of cheese needed.

An extra 3-4 units of cheese per batch would be helpful, as would extra flour output. We use so much space to grow wheat and some people are complaining that all they get hired to harvest is wheat and sugar now. Understandable. A few extra units of flour per harvest would allow us to plant a greater variety of crops.

Momma Woods
May 11 2010, 04:00 PM
Olive trees, oil producing factory to make oil from olives.. Olove oil that is.I asked before about the oil for potato chips. I know sunflowers, soybeans and peanuts create oil. The peanut oil would make the most sense because of growing time between potatoes and peanuts, but will that work? I don't feel like buying and/or planting things if I need some esoteric oil! :)

Steve Leonard
May 11 2010, 04:16 PM
Not to rain on anybody's parade or throw a wrench into things, but it is against Facebook Terms of Service for an individual to maintain more than one account. Just saying...

Thank you to everyone who answered my question about having two accounts. Just might do this in the future because I have several ideas for additional farms after I get and complete my 3rd one. That's a little (or more than a little) way off in the future, but I was thinking ahead. Designing is such fun and FT is the only application of FB I've found that offers realistic type design options.

Eri
May 11 2010, 04:44 PM
There are no plantains at this time; the game uses bananas instead. People can gift you banana trees. :)

MI5
May 11 2010, 04:52 PM
i wants the fourth land to sow . the new Facilities to remove me land to sow.

Thank you

Doris R.
May 11 2010, 04:57 PM
Doris: click on facility, click on what's cooking, click on item to store it to your storage bin. There are production limits now so you probably can't put all your harvest in at one time, you have to wait till some of it's cooked before adding more. If this doesn't help your problem then please link your farm so a mod can help you. By the way only one of each facility will work on one farm so if you have 2 dairy factories on the same farm, only one will work.

Alanlee: Thanks for Info. I can not click on the button to produce cheese.
On butter, it says it is producing and even shows xp but none get to storage.
I know how the facility is suppose to work because it worked for a long time.
Now the chocolate facility used all inventory labeled Large and produced one batch and all cocos gone from storage and no liquid chocolate in storage. No cheese, no pizza, sandwiches, cakes , etc.
I am linked and would like to know how to get mod to visit my farm. Need someone to immediately. I have lost almost 3 weeks cheese and by products
production. Also, l cheese facilitiy in storage.

prettyponies
May 11 2010, 05:16 PM
I just gifted the Confectionery Factory to a good friend for Mother's Day. :D :D :D She was THRILLED! It absolutely made her day. Made mine, too. :) Now we are swapping chocolate boxes and hard candy.

I *love* this game!!!!!!

Gotta say - being able to gift these FC items is a VERY nice idea. Thanks, devs - that was a very thoughtful concept to put into operation.

jeanieNGMsfarm
May 11 2010, 06:34 PM
Now the chocolate facility used all inventory labeled Large and produced one batch and all cocos gone from storage and no liquid chocolate in storage. No cheese, no pizza, sandwiches, cakes , etc.
I am linked and would like to know how to get mod to visit my farm. Need someone to immediately. I have lost almost 3 weeks cheese and by products

the link you provided is incorrect it takes us to a level 1 farm..

when you are on your facility click on whats cooking and when it shows a number of batches done click on it and it will move to your storage.. it doesnt automaticly appear in your storage sounds like thats the issue

Alanlee
May 11 2010, 06:45 PM

Doris: this is the news and announcements section of the forum, you should go to the help section to get help. Also your farm is not linked but they can tell you how to do that in the help section.

SparkyTX
May 11 2010, 07:39 PM
Well, I have filled up my third farm and if any more factories are introduced, I am going to be losing valuable planting space - will have all the factories and not enough planting space to grow what is needed for them. Part of the problem is needing to add all of these trees, lol.

So, when is the release of farm # 4 coming along. I can use it for all the trees and any new factories they come up with - guys, I can not believe this, but I am here, asking for yet another farm. (please, soon, I really do need the space for all these trees I am planting)

MaryLouW
May 11 2010, 08:02 PM
I agree. More fruit per tree so we don't need so many and that could even apply to ground plots too perhaps 5 items per plot more than one seed goes down on each plot so why do we only have 1 potatoe or one carrot we wouldn't need so much land and we could grow more. I cant use all my facilities either because i cant grow all the items because there isnt enough space and we need so many different ones. Please as said above can you please change it.:) I didnt have any olive trees but now have to have them for the oil but they are so big and take up so much room and look they look horrible compared to the other trees. :(

I have around 235 apple trees and that seems like a HUGE number but when you start processing things in the factories, they disappear really fast! I was surprised to learn each tree only gave off ONE apple!!

I use one of my farms to grow trees - I have every kind you can buy and am working on the ones as gifts. I make double use of my farm space though. I have a lot of crops growing under the trees. If you look at my third farm and have trees turned on, that's all you'll see are hundreds of trees. Turn trees off and you will see nothing but planted fields and no sign of the trees. They are not planted "between" rows, they are right on top of them. I've just started doing this on my main site too because it takes so darn much fruit for everything with one piece per tree!!

I don't want to give up any of my houses and other goodies so this is one half way solution.

Ozigirlwa
May 11 2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks devs for feeding my addiction with the new facilities but like everyone else I am running out of room!

Pretty please could we have a 4th then a 5th farm :)

I look forward to any more facilities / crops you come up with and hopefully a use for the trees I have that don't produce anything in the facilities :) I can't seem to layer my trees so lose space to them instead of growing crops.

Keep up the good work!

MaryLouW
May 11 2010, 08:30 PM

You grow corn, then process it in the little water wheel building. Forgot the exact term for it... but it's that little one with a wheel in the water that people use on their rivers. You may already have one. I have two.. was hoping to get double duty out of them but.. no such luck!!

John P Darrow
May 11 2010, 09:05 PM
You grow corn, then process it in the little water wheel building. Forgot the exact term for it... but it's that little one with a wheel in the water that people use on their rivers. You may already have one. I have two.. was hoping to get double duty out of them but.. no such luck!!

You're referring to the Watermill (formerly Water Mill, they redid the name when they converted it into a facility).

You can have more than one of the same facility producing concurrently if you put them on separate farms, but not if you put them on the same farm.
Doing so is the only way to get anywhere near enough Cheese to keep your other facilities going. (With the insanely-fast one hour sandwich production rates of the Sandwich Shop you still won't be able to get enough even with dairy facilities on all three farms, but at least you'll be closer than with only one...)

TraceyMush
May 11 2010, 09:30 PM
Um, where do the peanuts come from?
Was l asleep when peanuts were introduced??

TraceyMush
May 11 2010, 09:31 PM
And hey! Someone said olive trees are ugly? l think they're beautiful -- so big and green!
l do agree they take a lot of space.

Lori GUrley
May 11 2010, 09:44 PM
you can use bananas on the plantain snacks

SallyL
May 11 2010, 09:58 PM

LOL he should have done what you did and highlighted it in red. LOL I actually read it three times and did not see the word buy, I'm not exactly Sherlock Holmes when it comes to the noticing department. To give you an idea, I have a window over my sink in my kitchen that looks out at the back yard. I look out there every day. One day I noticed an old clothesline post was gone and commented on it to my husband. He told me he'd removed it....8 months earlier. My apologies Raul, you did Not mislead, I misread.

Thank you JASO643 for highlighting it in red for me. I'm not really a moron, just an airhead. :rolleyes: ;)

aggiemarinemom
May 11 2010, 09:59 PM
please consider the following for the juice and ice cream machines: 1st the juice...we could make pomegranate, carott, prune and a mixed vegie like tomato/apple/celery/carott
ice cream...we can make peach, banana nut, blueberry, choc cherry and mint choc chip

don't these sound yummy?
thank you for you consideration
connie

SivNorway
May 12 2010, 02:42 AM
Oh, I wish it could come more nice buildings.. this facilites, lol - I dont even have one of the factories.. it dont look nice at my farms..

Wonder when next level or even farm 4 can come?? Hmm..

Lavenda
May 12 2010, 02:47 AM
Um, where do the peanuts come from?
Was l asleep when peanuts were introduced??

Maybe you were asleep... they came out at the same time as the celery, grape tomatoes etc etc (last update basically). They unlock at level 34

Doris R.
May 12 2010, 06:04 AM
the link you provided is incorrect it takes us to a level 1 farm..

when you are on your facility click on whats cooking and when it shows a number of batches done click on it and it will move to your storage.. it doesnt automaticly appear in your storage sounds like thats the issue

Wonderful, wonderful news, my factories have come unglued. I am in business again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much, Doris R

Tequilasunnie
May 12 2010, 07:41 AM
When I signed on this morning, I was not at my farm, but a friend of mine's. I was given the option to work at his facilities, and was then able to sell the stuff I made. I can't find any announcements about this ability and would like to know how to hire other people to work at my facilities.

Satis
May 12 2010, 09:43 AM
Ever since we got the new facilities we have been eating more pizza and subs. I can SMELL the **** pizza in the pizza facility!!

Not that, but I can really, truly smell the chocolate.

Oh dear...

mrichhall4
May 12 2010, 11:11 AM
This is so weird! I'm trying to play on FaceBook, and it won't let me. If I go through slashkey it says that the link as been disabled! Has the game been taken off facebook? I quit for a few months and decided to come back.

PRT
May 12 2010, 11:40 AM
I am having a goat cheese problem. It began yesterday. I have a lot working now and I also have more goat's milk that I want to put into production. I can do maybe three batches and then it won't make any more.
Any reason? Playing through Facebook

EKovar
May 12 2010, 11:48 AM
When I signed on this morning, I was not at my farm, but a friend of mine's. I was given the option to work at his facilities, and was then able to sell the stuff I made. I can't find any announcements about this ability and would like to know how to hire other people to work at my facilities.

You can ask people to help at your facilities by going to the "what's cooking" and click on "help", or whatever it is. It will ask if you want to request help from your friends and then post the request to your Facebook.

NOTE: this has to be asking for help on the "what's cooking" tab.

What probably happened to you this morning was that you clicked on your friends request for help. This took you to his farm with the option to help him. This is the same thing that will happen to people who answer your request for help.

fjøsnisse
May 12 2010, 11:50 AM
How many days does i takes to grow a cocoatree, olivetree and walnuttree?

EKovar
May 12 2010, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=PRT;3519634]I am having a goat cheese problem. It began yesterday. I have a lot working now and I also have more goat's milk that I want to put into production. I can do maybe three batches and then it won't make any more.

It seems that they'll only allow you to make so much at a time. Look on your "what's cooking" tab and if it's an obvious number -- 1500, 3000, or something like that -- you've probably hit the limit. (It doesn't seem to matter how much is already done.)

Very, very frustrating until you figure it out!

susan maddog
May 12 2010, 12:00 PM
why cant we ground our coffee in the windmill please??????

gtosga
May 12 2010, 01:50 PM
I would like to see oil as a gift as it is hard to keep up with production needs!

PRT
May 12 2010, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=PRT;3519634]I am having a goat cheese problem. It began yesterday. I have a lot working now and I also have more goat's milk that I want to put into production. I can do maybe three batches and then it won't make any more.

It seems that they'll only allow you to make so much at a time. Look on your "what's cooking" tab and if it's an obvious number -- 1500, 3000, or something like that -- you've probably hit the limit. (It doesn't seem to matter how much is already done.)

Very, very frustrating until you figure it out!
That probably is it. I had thought that but I only have 960 batches/units whatever in production, which is not really a nice round number :) It's annoying in any event. Hope goat's milk doesn't smell. LOL.
Thanks.

Zoe101
May 12 2010, 02:28 PM
I am finding it really annoying that when you grow 700 wheat or corn when you put it in facilities to change it to flour and corn flour it halfs to 350. Please could you change this as it takes 3 days to grow corn and 2 to grow wheat and you have to grow a lot because you know it will half in production so it means you cant grow anything else in the mean time. :(

gtosga
May 12 2010, 02:43 PM
Would love a coffe grinder and coffeehouse and pumpkin pie in the bakery andddddddddddddddd a 4TH farm

Lavenda
May 12 2010, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=EKovar;3519662]
That probably is it. I had thought that but I only have 960 batches/units whatever in production, which is not really a nice round number :) It's annoying in any event. Hope goat's milk doesn't smell. LOL.
Thanks.

960 is the limit on goat cheese (it is kind of rounded... it ends in a 0!). There are a couple of threads about Production Limits in the Help & Support thread, I have a link to one in my signature.

Lavenda
May 12 2010, 04:43 PM
How many days does i takes to grow a cocoatree, olivetree and walnuttree?

the three trees you mentioned are all 2 day trees (which in real terms take 40 hours to fully ripen). This information is easily available within the game. By clicking on the store, and then the "tree" tab the harvest time, where applicable, is shown for each tree (same for the seeds in the "seed" tab)

Lavenda
May 12 2010, 04:49 PM
Once the devs have set the rates that things grow and produce rarely have they changed them (in fact I can only think of the one instance, where they increased the rate choc liquor is produced at the chocolate factory). I'm not sure pleas to change these rates are going to be very successful. The way I look at it is if I find I am running low on one ingredient for a product I either get more of it, or make less of the other ingredients (or live with not using them all up at once). There is nothing that says the facilities have to run at maximum capacity. Personally I like the challenge of balancing my resources.

PRT
May 12 2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks, Lavenda!! I'll just find a nice fridge for the goat's milk if it starts reeking. :) This is going to take forever.

cletis
May 12 2010, 06:07 PM
I agree with you 100% on this. I absolutely hate the idea of paying money for a game "I don't own" However I've been playing approximately FT for about a year. Tried a few other games but this is the only one I've continued to play. For the amount of entertainment I've gotten out of this game, there is no reason not to spend $20 or whatever. I like the game and the developers have done a great job with it. I would like to see it continue. On the other hand, I absolutely hate that the amount of friends you have determine any events in the game. I'd like to see them make some changes in that area.

Shari242
May 12 2010, 06:10 PM
I played Pogo before I found this game. I spent 40 dollars a year on that. I save that 40 dollars plus I no longer go to wal mart every week so I save there plus gas. I figure this game saves me over 100 dollars a year at least so I have no problem buying some farm dollars now and then. And no one is forcing anyone to buy F D.