PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- June 7th, 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Jun 07 2010, 07:09 PM
Hey there,

We just released a new version of FarmTown with the following features/fixes:

1. 10 new levels: More than 20 items, all in coins. More levels comming soon.

2. Textile Mill (coins): Allows you to produce:

- Cotton Textile Rolls from the Cottom crop
- Wool Textile Rolls from the sheep and llamas wool
- Silk Textile Rolls from the Silk Worms. You get the Silk Worms by harvesting the mulberry trees where they live. You get the mulberry tree as gift from friends

3. Sewing Mill (30FC): Allows you to produce:

- Shirts, T-Shirts, Horse Rugs, Harvesting Gloves, Wool Hats, Overalls, Ties and Wedding Dresses

It uses the Textile Rolls from the Textile Mill

4. 2 New crops: Cucumber and Green Grapes

5. You can now produce pickles from the cucumbers on the Food Preserver Factory

6. Winery (Coins): Allows you to produce non-aged wine containers from the Purple and Green Grapes in your storage.

- White Wine Barrel from Green Grapes
- Red Wine Container from Purple Grapes
- Champagne Barrel from Green Grapes

7. Wine Cellar (30FC): Allows you to produce Aged Wine Bottles out of the non-aged Wine Containers that you produced in the Winery. The aged wines can be:

- White Wine Bottles aged 1 and 2 years
- Red Wine Bottles aged 3 and 4 years
- Champagne Bottles aged 5 and 6 years

8. You can now hire others to fish at your farms

9. When you work for others to harvest crops, trees, flowers or to fish, in addition to the coins you get, the Mayor (not from the harvest of the employer) will compensate you with a share of the products:

- When harvesting crops or trees for others you'll get about 10% of what you harvest
- When harvesting flowers for others you'll get about 25% of what you harvest
- When fishing for others you'll get about 50% of what you catch

All products you earn this way will go into your storage.

10. The issue with the fuel should be resolved by now, you can refuel now up to 9999999 gallons at the same time.

Enjoy!

Update 1: All new items for the new levels are at the end of the Buildings and Decorations categories.
Update 2: We are currently working on a way to keep incentivized people with 650K+ XP or 90+ level, stay tunned.
Update 3: On point #9, the extra crops for the Employee comes from the Mayor, not the Employer, similar to the way the facilities work.

--Raul

Mrs Borgies
Jun 07 2010, 07:12 PM
I am gob smacked!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!! Doing a happy dance here!!!!!

SirDaywalker
Jun 07 2010, 07:13 PM
You guys are so hella Groovy
;)

So if I can make Overalls,
does this mean we finally get a change of clothes?
:eek:

:D

Tiger
Jun 07 2010, 07:14 PM
thank you very much Raul for all the new information :)

Big Honking Toe
Jun 07 2010, 07:14 PM
awesome but I am already level 90.

BelliBut10
Jun 07 2010, 07:15 PM
Raul - this is great - but when a person reaches level 90 - what number amount do you have to have - is there a level chart someplace on here? I have 1.250 million xp's and know others have way under a million and have reached 90 - I'm sad - I have so many more than them and we are all the same level - I hope you level up real fast - and maybe for those over a million xp's - give us 2 or 3 FC per level - it would inspire others to reach the levels instead of quitting ;) Farmtown rocks - I am so into it - but need more FC to buy stuff - I'll work my butt off for it !!!!

Old Goat
Jun 07 2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks Raul. So, tell me, do the wine bottles use natural or plastic cork? :D

Saylorgirl
Jun 07 2010, 07:21 PM
Raul these are awesome updates!! Thanks for the good work!

pursley001
Jun 07 2010, 07:24 PM
You have just made me and a lot of other folks happy here!

HLeeV
Jun 07 2010, 07:26 PM
Just when I decided to make my first farm all pretty and reduce the amount of crops on it, you go and add new crops and facilities.

Guess my avatar will have to wait to have a nice house and some land to enjoy. :p :D

Now it's off to plant some crops.

Clint454
Jun 07 2010, 07:27 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!1

sharles48
Jun 07 2010, 07:27 PM
OMG.......... so funtastic. I positively LOVE what ius happening in farmtown these days. Well down

Red_Rooster
Jun 07 2010, 07:29 PM
Yay update!

Will we be able to make white grape juice in the future?

jesdreher
Jun 07 2010, 07:29 PM
Your awesomeness knows no bounds, Slashkey. Thank you thank you thank you. Now I have to figure out where to put everything!!

Momma Woods
Jun 07 2010, 07:31 PM
I love it My only concern is how to produce enough crops, etc to keep facilities working; maybe shortening the time from plant to harvest. What do u think of that?? I went to 90 immediately.

dottyF
Jun 07 2010, 07:31 PM
I have a question do you have to put the clothing stuff on the same farm as your sheep and lama and the wool shed?

Dbutrfli
Jun 07 2010, 07:32 PM
You are just awesome and keep us soooooooooo addicted. Love, love, love this application!!! None can compare. Now we need a coffee place to ground our coffee and sell coffee drinks.:)

Farmer_Susan
Jun 07 2010, 07:34 PM
AWESOME!!!! Thank you so much! Can hardly wait to go buy stuff! LOL

ohiosweetheart
Jun 07 2010, 07:34 PM
You are just awesome and keep us soooooooooo addicted. Love, love, love this application!!! None can compare. Now we need a coffee place to ground our coffee and sell coffee drinks.:)hahah I was SO hoping for a coffee shop this time around, to both grind coffee and sell coffee drinks.

I jumped right to level 90, so looking forward to more new levels as mentioned in Raul's post.

I agree, none can compare with FarmTown! Thanks Raul and devs, you da best! :D

ohiosweetheart
Jun 07 2010, 07:40 PM
Oh MY... 4 DAYS for cucumbers??? C'mon devs, 3 days is long enough! PLEASE PLEASE shorten the cukes by at least 1 day, if not more???

dottyF
Jun 07 2010, 07:43 PM
Well I bought the new farm spa and all that stuff I got the winery stuff but I dont know where to put the textile stuff I wish i knew if you need the wool shed and sheep and lama on the same farm.

animekaye
Jun 07 2010, 07:43 PM
So glad for the new stuff!!! But you guys always add things right after I spend $$!! Now I'm back down to $11 million after all the upgrades to 20x20 on fourth farm & all the fixings I already spent $25million last week!!

But this is gonna be fun making more $ to buy more stuff to make more $$!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Borgies
Jun 07 2010, 07:52 PM
I have been thinking with it so hard to keep up with the crops for the Facilities, this is the best part of the update. Now to find the extra time to spend in the marketplace! :D

9. When you work for others to harvest crops, trees, flowers or to fish, in addition to the coins you get, the Mayor will compensate you with a share of the products:

- When harvesting crops or trees for others you'll get about 10% of what you harvest

Enjoy!

--Raul

L-S
Jun 07 2010, 07:55 PM
eh...still two farm cash short of being able to buy the 3rd farm

Chakwaina
Jun 07 2010, 07:57 PM
Thanx Devs!!!!!!

Mare Contrare
Jun 07 2010, 08:01 PM
All the new items are welcome, but I especially appreciate the 10% product gain from harvesting for others. The ability to gather crops in this manner will make the game even more enjoyable.
Thanks!

valuesforless
Jun 07 2010, 08:03 PM
Love the new changes. Jumped to level 90 and am now rockin and rollin in clothes and wine.

nitz22002
Jun 07 2010, 08:05 PM
awesome i built a skycrapers in my third farm :)

jesdreher
Jun 07 2010, 08:14 PM

Absolutely love it! Must've taken a while to do.

Lavenda
Jun 07 2010, 08:25 PM
Well I bought the new farm spa and all that stuff I got the winery stuff but I dont know where to put the textile stuff I wish i knew if you need the wool shed and sheep and lama on the same farm.

your sheep and llamas need to be ont he same farm as the wool shed for the shed to be able to harvest them. The textile mill can be on a different farm to the wool shed and the animals

jennieileen
Jun 07 2010, 08:28 PM
YES,YES, lets do the happy dance.. woohoo...

Tony D
Jun 07 2010, 08:31 PM
Hey there,

Enjoy!

--RaulYou guys have got to be kidding ..... I had my first Monday off work this year and you bring out new things and levels on Tuesday morning (Aussie Time)... Sheesh no wonder I spend so much time in the RR ...

Lucky I'm addicted to this game or I would be heading straight for the I quit thread :p

Seriously ...Thanks for all the new things (Especially the Winery)

meemee1955
Jun 07 2010, 08:37 PM
I Love this but I want an upgrade on farm 4, I have all the other farms, I have over 100 neighbors and the cash to buy. Yet every time I got to upgrade it is still locked. please help I have tried linking my farm to here and I am out of things to do.

ScottLanter
Jun 07 2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks, Raul. As usual, you guys are awesome! Very nice update.

newattic
Jun 07 2010, 08:41 PM
I cannot get into Farm Town from my laptop.........so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!

chinds97
Jun 07 2010, 08:44 PM
I really wish that you would have added more than just 10 levels.. there are tons of us that are over 1mil in the XP Points and we just sit and have no excitement of moving up in the levels like the others.. also there are people that are way below me in the XP Points and are at the same level as I am...like most of the others like me that have over 1mil we bust our a$$es daily and just seem to get nowhere anymore.
Something needs to be added along with the more levels like a Millionaire XP something where we get something for our loyalty day in and day out hours at a time on here

angela morfin
Jun 07 2010, 08:54 PM
You need silk worms from the Mulberry trees to produce silk textile rolls, and you get the trees as gifts from friends....BUT, there are no trees in the gift section to send to friends & vice vesa, and they're not able to be bought from the store. Soooooooooo.....where do we get them??? Anyone know????

chinds97
Jun 07 2010, 08:57 PM
You need silk worms from the Mulberry trees to produce silk textile rolls, and you get the trees as gifts from friends....BUT, there are no trees in the gift section to send to friends & vice vesa, and they're not able to be bought from the store. Soooooooooo.....where do we get them??? Anyone know????

The Mullberry trees ARE in the GIft Section.. I know have 30 of them on my farm all my friends sent tham off to me.. they are towards the bottom:eek:

marie0112
Jun 07 2010, 08:57 PM
Raul, THANK YOU!! not only for the new levels BUT for the new crops, facilities and the ability to hire some one to fish!! I'm stoked!! Good job!!

ema1976
Jun 07 2010, 08:59 PM
Ya'll are flippin' awesome! Thanks for all the new updates recently. I LOVE the winery! Thanks for continuing to make changes & add new levels, decor, etc.

gtosga
Jun 07 2010, 09:01 PM
I was at 80 and immediately went to 90 with the upgrade. I am looking forward to the promised extra levels coming soon but I am having so much fun withe the facilities and planning what to grow that I am not fretting over when those future ranks arrive. Thankyou Raul and the rest of the developers!

Sandie Angel
Jun 07 2010, 09:03 PM
Thank you!! Great job!!! :)

rdewitt
Jun 07 2010, 09:07 PM
This is so awesome! Thanks a million. No *****ing and whining here.
Great Job!

SpikeMurders
Jun 07 2010, 09:19 PM
You are just awesome and keep us soooooooooo addicted. Love, love, love this application!!! None can compare. Now we need a coffee place to ground our coffee and sell coffee drinks.:)

Would love to have the windmill grind the coffee beans, it already does wheat to flour!!

SpikeMurders
Jun 07 2010, 09:21 PM
eh...still two farm cash short of being able to buy the 3rd farm

Spend the real money.... Paypal provides instant FC for the real dollars.....

bjf302@fidnet.com
Jun 07 2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks developers. Once again I am pleased as punch! Absolutely love the changes. :)

Back to play with my new facilities :)

cmemom13
Jun 07 2010, 09:31 PM
Love the new items-but why when I fish do minus and pluses show up and where does the furniture go?

BelliBut10
Jun 07 2010, 09:35 PM
Nitz2202 awesome i built a skycrapers in my third farm

THIS IS TOTALLY AMAZING AND EVERYONE SHOULD GO SEE HER SKYSCRAPER - Sowwy I had to shout about it - I even took a picture of it so I could study it lmao. totally amazing... Great Job ;)

lavanah
Jun 07 2010, 09:37 PM
I have the textile factory and sewing already, very excited. Oh and I have to new farm mansion. I like it the best. Very nice, thank you guys.

BelliBut10
Jun 07 2010, 09:39 PM
I really wish that you would have added more than just 10 levels.. there are tons of us that are over 1mil in the XP Points and we just sit and have no excitement of moving up in the levels like the others.. also there are people that are way below me in the XP Points and are at the same level as I am...like most of the others like me that have over 1mil we bust our a$$es daily and just seem to get nowhere anymore.
Something needs to be added along with the more levels like a Millionaire XP something where we get something for our loyalty day in and day out hours at a time on here

Don't even go there chinds lol -- I said about the same thing and was called a whinner -- oh well.... They must not like Belly Buttons lmao

kaylene
Jun 07 2010, 09:43 PM
wow thanks very much :D went straight to 90 but am very happy with everything:)

Wendums
Jun 07 2010, 09:49 PM
doiiinn the haaapppy dance toooo :D

Kazjen
Jun 07 2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks guys. The new updates are awesome. Now I have another excuse to not do any real work.

SunnyD
Jun 07 2010, 09:56 PM
Am i getting this right? you need both wineries to produce the wine??

cmemom13
Jun 07 2010, 10:01 PM
Happy for the new items! Been saving my coins, ready to buy!

Tony D
Jun 07 2010, 10:02 PM
Am i getting this right? you need both wineries to produce the wine??Hi Sunny, as I read it you can either sell the bulk wine from the (coin) Winery or use the bulk wine in the (Farm Cash) Winery and bottle the wine.

lights
Jun 07 2010, 10:14 PM
weeeee!!! thank you!! i love the wine cellar but don't have enough farm cash to buy it. but no worries, i'll just ask my lovey to send to it to me as a gift..heehee :p :D

FeartheDeer
Jun 07 2010, 10:15 PM
Nothing about making the game any quicker. Why can't you ever address that? I hate loading up my facilities and now you make a boatload more. Why don't you allow the hired help to use the 4 plot plower, seeder and harvester? Why no hide animals. I KNOW I'm posting in the wrong area, but seriously, the game will be even slower yet. It crashes my browser, my wifes browser. We use different machines, browsers, etc. FIX the game rather than throwing more facilities out there.

thumper2972
Jun 07 2010, 10:22 PM
Would love to have the windmill grind the coffee beans, it already does wheat to flour!!

absolutely! We have two different mills that just do one thing each. Add the coffee to one of them.

As for the level thing, I remember a long time ago when we really had to work for each level. People complained that it took to long to reach a new one, but isn't that the point of a good game.....something to work and strive for? They are so easy now it is like cake. If I have a good day of play, I can gain at least one level if not more. With all the new ways to gain xp points, I'd love to go back to the old xp point / level system.

alexlbs
Jun 07 2010, 10:26 PM
Cool upgrades. Now that we have modern stuff, when do we get to see modern cars? All we have is vintage cars but we have solar panels and big rigs and facilities. Time to modernize the vehicles!!!

KnittyGirl
Jun 07 2010, 10:28 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you devs!!! Totally awesome, love the new facilities, love the new crops, love the new levels!! I'm gonna be on here for hours making room for more plowed plots so I can plant some more!!! No complaints, just mega praise for all your hard work!! Just want you to know you devs are so appreciated!!! Keep up the good work!!! Thank you!!

Debbie Arnold
Jun 07 2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks so much for the upgrades and new facilities. I look forward to more levels soon. No complaints from me about any of it.

CynthiaSue
Jun 07 2010, 10:31 PM
How long does it take to to get wool from the llamas and sheep. I check everytime I check the others, but was wondering how long it took. I think the dairy produces milk every 8 hours. I don't know how long it takes to get eggs. But, I know I get enough of those as I haven't been running out. Just wondering how many llamas and sheep one would need.

donna t kurten
Jun 07 2010, 10:34 PM
I am trying to get enough farm cash to buy the factory to produce fuel..... I am level 90 now, and can't level up again.... HOW can I get farm cash ?????? that's my frustration, many things I want are available only with farm cash and I can't get any ????? are there other ways I can earn them ? if not, I quit,,,,, I've tried forever to get enough and can't do it.....
please help me :(

twistedFT
Jun 07 2010, 10:36 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes for the mulberry trees to be ready for harvest?

Begonia Wildwind
Jun 07 2010, 10:37 PM
Nothing short of totally awesome!! Thank you!!

c.abell
Jun 07 2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks; but, I am supposed to put these new facilities,,,,,,where?????

chevythecat
Jun 07 2010, 10:40 PM
OMG that is great!!!! I took a picture of it just to see if I could figure it out. I could never do it that good. I love how you have trees and facilities on top.

One of the best I have seen

EDIT: I am talking about the skyscraper mentioned in an earlier post

Lbishop1213
Jun 07 2010, 10:42 PM
I am trying to get enough farm cash to buy the factory to produce fuel..... I am level 90 now, and can't level up again.... HOW can I get farm cash ?????? that's my frustration, many things I want are available only with farm cash and I can't get any ????? are there other ways I can earn them ? if not, I quit,,,,, I've tried forever to get enough and can't do it.....
please help me :(

If you click the Earn/Buy Farm Cash link there are a bunch of earn free fc opportunities. I check every day. Sometimes you can earn 3 just for watching a video or 2 for adding the app of the day! I never buy my farm cash, but I have earned at least 50 by doing these. You may want to set up another email address though, just so you have a place to handle the junk mail:)

Grammie's Farms
Jun 07 2010, 10:43 PM
I just LOVE all the new stuff. I am very excited about being able to make pickles. For whatever reason I never could get my friends to send them to me. I seeded cukes right away.

psycho_mommi
Jun 07 2010, 10:48 PM
U rock u rock u rock u rock u rock u rock u rock u rock u rock u rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh, and by the way, did i mention that i think u rock u rock u rock u rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HillBillyJane
Jun 07 2010, 10:49 PM
its a shame that you dont get more cash coins at lvl 80 what can you buy of the new factorys with the cash you will get? I would think you at the highest lvl you could buy what you needed instead you make a new myspace and send stuff to other myspace farm this is a shame its nice but need much more cash coins and work

mjl1960
Jun 07 2010, 10:49 PM
Need more land....4 farms is not enough...lets go 8!! On a serious note, good job, BUT it would be nice to see something done about how long it takes to load a farm that has lots of animals on it, it takes forever. I have used different high speed internets, and it don't make a difference, still slow, and people get frustrated waiting for it all to load, and leave rather than harvest.

Digger Margee
Jun 07 2010, 10:50 PM
Thank you Raul, especially for the cucumbers to pickles :p(my idea hee hee). A new suggestion without a category I could find, would be the ability to give specified neighbors access to harvest and plow anytime.
If hackers can find a way illegally, I'm sure you smart fellas can program a way that we can set up neighbors to do it by our own request legally.
Example: I want to have a means to give permission for permanent access for sister/neighbor to harvest and plow on my farm, where she will get the credits. (So her logging in as me is not what we're after). It will be awesome for all if you can figure out how to do this. Thanks for all your awesome ideas. This game has become major fun!:D

usmcmomster
Jun 07 2010, 10:51 PM
I have to agree with BelliBut on the xp's...I also have over 1 million xp's. And still get them but what good are they if we can't be compensated for the work we put in? I hate to be one of those that will only harvest so I continue "plowing" on in hopes FT will give us some kind of credit for it. Last upgrade in levels I went from 60 to 80 overnight and now I was 80 but now 90. It would really be nice if we could get FT cash for the xp's so those of us that keep missing out on the new facilities might be able to get one or two of them.

SallyL
Jun 07 2010, 10:53 PM
This upgrade is freaking awesome!!!!! I have to wait for my crops to be ready to make room, but this will give me time to make plans. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:D:D:D

Those skyscrapers are unbelievable. Absolutely amazing!:eek:

MicheleWetzel
Jun 07 2010, 10:53 PM
this is super freaking awesome! Keep up the good work FarmTown. Best Game EVER!!!

SallyL
Jun 07 2010, 11:01 PM

I had to take pictures, too. How can people get bored?

Tuckertbnc
Jun 07 2010, 11:06 PM
The new upgrades and factories are great ... I'm soo glad I was storing my wools and I must have been slightly physic because I planted cotton early this morning planning on stockpiling it in hopes of a Textile plant ..... and its worth the $5 or $10 thru Paypal to buy the Farmcash .... the developers need to be paid too !!! .... Thanks again :)

TsunamiVince
Jun 07 2010, 11:08 PM
Can we move our animals yet?

Tony D
Jun 07 2010, 11:09 PM
Can we move our animals yet?No.........

melizabeth5
Jun 07 2010, 11:18 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I have been waiting for the winery, my 4th farm was already named..."Ron's Winery~~My love". Now, if you will give us a wine and cheese tasting facility, I will be so happy that I may not ask for anything else...lol

You guys and gals are doing a fantastic job of keeping us addicted Farm Towners happpy. Thanks again and again.

bearhair
Jun 07 2010, 11:26 PM
a new suggestion without a category I could find, would be the ability to give specified neighbors access to harvest and plow anytime.
Example: I want to have a means to give permission for permanent access for sister/neighbor to harvest and plow on my farm, where she will get the credits. (So her logging in as me is not what we're after). It will be awesome for all if you can figure out how to do this.

I like this idea!

KellyT22
Jun 07 2010, 11:29 PM
um is there a reason that when you harvest flowers all of them dont go away even after you have rehired a person 5 times and they are still there ?? also i have bought flower after flower for one of my farms and they keep disappearing and i dont get my coins back PLEASE FIX THIS

KellyT22
Jun 07 2010, 11:31 PM
and please add hire to harvest/plow at the same time so we dont have to try n catch the avatars for 20 min..why not just knock it out in one shot that way when some1 is done harvesting they can go straight to plow without us having to be on our farms to send another request that would make things so much easier...and please add hire to plant

Freddy Kurger
Jun 07 2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the new stuff but where if somewhere to grind our coffee beans

ohiosweetheart
Jun 07 2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the new stuff but where if somewhere to grind our coffee beansNone yet. I've been asking for a coffee/donut shop that will grind the coffee and make coffee drinks/donuts (another use for wheat/flour).

Tamblyne
Jun 07 2010, 11:35 PM
I just got the last new stuff situated -- and not really, really -- and there's more new stuff! It's almost impossible to keep up with all the new stuff! Is this good, or is this bad? :-D

Awesome. Just awesome. Thanks!

Mrs Borgies
Jun 07 2010, 11:38 PM
How long does it take to to get wool from the llamas and sheep. I check everytime I check the others, but was wondering how long it took. I think the dairy produces milk every 8 hours. I don't know how long it takes to get eggs. But, I know I get enough of those as I haven't been running out. Just wondering how many llamas and sheep one would need.

2 days! :)

jhughe29
Jun 07 2010, 11:42 PM
Hi raul and others it says there are more then 20 iteams all in coins where are they I cant find them. Thanks for the 10 new levels but it wont help me as I am on the highest level

JAS0643
Jun 07 2010, 11:45 PM
You guys have got to be kidding ..... I had my first Monday off work this year and you bring out new things and levels on Tuesday morning (Aussie Time)... Sheesh no wonder I spend so much time in the RR ...

Lucky I'm addicted to this game or I would be heading straight for the I quit thread :p

Seriously ...Thanks for all the new things (Especially the Winery)

FT released the new stuff on Monday for me. :p

I like the winery too, planted 2 farms of purple grapes to make wine with.

I love the new updates can't wait for more levels.

Tony D
Jun 07 2010, 11:52 PM
FT released the new stuff on Monday for me. :p

I like the winery too, planted 2 farms of purple grapes to make wine with.

I love the new updates can't wait for more levels.
It looks like I might get this Sunday off ... so they wont be released then :p

TsunamiVince
Jun 07 2010, 11:55 PM
No.........

...and the reason for this is what again? Why can't I move my animals? I can move EVERYTHING ELSE. This has become an increasing problem as we get more fancy stuff. I need to move my animals off of the fancy farm. I can move EVERY OTHER THING ON FARM TOWN, but not animals?

Which reminds me, feel free to turn off the retarded animation if that is a problem. NO ONE has animals that move. It's just stupid and steals computer time for something entirely worthless. I've got enough server problems with it disconnecting and tossing out queued up factory work without an obvious and completely pointless CPU drain. I wish I got one farm cash for every "Connection to server lost" message. I'd be a billionare - in farm cash.

horsebiz
Jun 07 2010, 11:58 PM
:((((( With ONLY 10 new levels, I am 90 already. I have 39 GB's but that is still not enough to buy another farm (farm 3 for me) as that was changed to 40 GB's. I want to buy the winery and plant on a 3rd farm, with over $25.5M, but that's not going to happen and I am so sad:(

jhughe29
Jun 08 2010, 12:00 AM
we need to have a choice of farm cash or coins for the winery, wine cellar, sewing mill etc, some people cant afford farm cash therfore miss out on the factilies come on farm town lets have a choice

crlysu
Jun 08 2010, 12:02 AM
Is that why we have been having problems with Farmtown loading today?

Bahlul
Jun 08 2010, 12:02 AM
wow .. thank Raul ... more excited again after my retirement ... let's play again

horsebiz
Jun 08 2010, 12:05 AM
I was VERY surprised at only 10 more levels added, given all the people that have so many more xp than this. I have going on 700k xp and know of people with upwards of 900k xp....what do these people have to look forward to? what's their reason to keep playing?

Farmer Homer
Jun 08 2010, 12:08 AM
Thank you! I love the new additions, bought more sheep and llamas, planted cotton, green grapes, cuccumbers and begged for Mulberry Trees from my neighbors. I'm thrilled about being able to make pickles, now if we could grind the coffee, buy the needed trees from the store and not have to rely on the kindness of strangers.

I too would like to be able to put some of the animals in a barn or shed to speed up the farms and could we get a 5th and 6th farm, please. :)

Looking forward to the next upgrade!

meinhardt76
Jun 08 2010, 12:09 AM
Thank you for the updates keeping this game a fun one.

TsunamiVince
Jun 08 2010, 12:09 AM
and please add hire to harvest/plow at the same time so we dont have to try n catch the avatars for 20 min..why not just knock it out in one shot that way when some1 is done harvesting they can go straight to plow without us having to be on our farms to send another request that would make things so much easier...and please add hire to plant

They should just not use the retarded queueing mechanism they currently have in place. Absolute positions always, not incremental. I hate chasing workers after the harvesting is done, and they are like offset a country mile from where the actual harvesting took place. It's simple MMRP programming they are not doing correctly that can EASILY be fixed.

Farmer McDonald
Jun 08 2010, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the update--it is like Christmas in June. As for those who say they have no reason to play if they do not have more levels, how about trying out the new facilities. I have over 800,000XP but still play to get the new facilites and to see how much I can produce. For those saying we got nothing with the update of levels, for those who reached 90 we got 10 farmcash. I used mine to buy another facility.

chloekin
Jun 08 2010, 12:14 AM
All great additions but I still continue to see very few of my neighbours requests for help in their factories and I have talked to neighbours who have similar problems. I mentioned this on the forums before but no one has addressed the issue

horsebiz
Jun 08 2010, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the update--it is like Christmas in June. As for those who say they have no reason to play if they do not have more levels, how about trying out the new facilities. I have over 800,000XP but still play to get the new facilites and to see how much I can produce. For those saying we got nothing with the update of levels, for those who reached 90 we got 10 farmcash. I used mine to buy another facility.

I am glad to see folks using the facilities. I choose not to have factories on my farms. Call me old fashioned, but that's what I do. I would buy a winery, but I need a 3rd farm for that. I got 10 farm cash when the levels went up, yes, but the farm bucks to buy the 3rd farm also went up 10. So I cannot buy a 3rd farm by 1 measley farm buck. Why didn't they keep those the same?

primrose711
Jun 08 2010, 12:20 AM
Love the new stuff and levels - but now can we please have new clothes for our avatars????

annettehix
Jun 08 2010, 12:21 AM
I am so excited that we have more levels!!! Thank you so much.....

Jan (Tiggs)
Jun 08 2010, 12:29 AM
FANTASTIC!!!

I am so pleased about all the updates. This is certainly THE farm game to play!!!

Lavenda
Jun 08 2010, 12:37 AM

if you go to the store, select the facilities tab then scroll down to the wool shed it will tell you how long (2 days). Chicken coop is 1 day

Lavenda
Jun 08 2010, 12:39 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes for the mulberry trees to be ready for harvest?

given how quickly mine are growing I think it is 2 days, 3 at the most. I should actually pay attention to the growth rate but I'm a bit preoccupied by all my new facilities!

damichcoop
Jun 08 2010, 12:45 AM

It takes 8 hours to get cows and goats milk

1 day to get hen and goose egs

2 days to get sheep and llama wool.

You can find a lot of information at this link....http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Al4NCEOjt2V2dFBHaURJTDU0Uk9GazFocU1rT0ZhS FE&gid=1

Data Sheet Dave.

Miamine
Jun 08 2010, 12:52 AM
*Faints away in amazement*....

"I must be dreaming.. am I in Kansas?" :O

Miamine
Jun 08 2010, 12:53 AM
Yippie.. New Stuff... get out the way.. I got to find some space..... (slams door on way out)

plbright
Jun 08 2010, 12:58 AM
Happy Happy Dance!! I just bought and enlarged my 4th farm. It is covered with crops and trees... NOW I have to figure out where to put all the new facilities.

bearhair
Jun 08 2010, 01:01 AM
I'm thrilled about being able to make pickles, now if we could grind the coffee, buy the needed trees from the store and not have to rely on the kindness of strangers.

Remember, this is a social game. Relying on others is an important part of its intent.

Charo
Jun 08 2010, 01:03 AM
AWESOME new release!!! We can hire to fish? Fantastic!!! Thank you!!

Old McRobinson
Jun 08 2010, 01:04 AM
With the release of the new levels today, I went from level 70 to level 90... Yehaa! However, with the level increase, one FT Cash for each level was awarded. I only received 10? I was hoping to be able to buy one of the newer facilities but can't. I seem to be missing 10 FT cash? Help?

Tony D
Jun 08 2010, 01:05 AM
With the release of the new levels today, I went from level 70 to level 90... Yehaa! However, with the level increase, one FT Cash for each level was awarded. I only received 10? I was hoping to be able to buy one of the newer facilities but can't. I seem to be missing 10 FT cash? Help?Hi are you sure you were not on level 80 ? How many experience points do you have ?

Old McRobinson
Jun 08 2010, 01:14 AM
I'm on level 90. I have 747634 experience points :)

Tony D
Jun 08 2010, 01:25 AM
I'm on level 90. I have 747634 experience points :)In that case you should have been on level 80 not 70

Tiffanytwirl
Jun 08 2010, 01:33 AM
You are the best!!! Love all the new stuff again!! Can I have a lighthouse???

angel-on-tour
Jun 08 2010, 01:33 AM
Fantabulous!!!!

I thought I'd done so well reaching level 80 last night!!!! :)

menorah
Jun 08 2010, 01:46 AM
great timing guys. i was reaching the point of disinterest again.... after the taco and flower farms... when i saw the new facilities. bought the textile and winery and will soon air the cc again so i can get the sewing mill and the wine cellar. i figure it's a small amount to pay for the hours of enjoyment you've given me. really appreciate it! thank you very much.

Mrs Borgies
Jun 08 2010, 02:10 AM
They should just not use the retarded queueing mechanism they currently have in place. Absolute positions always, not incremental. I hate chasing workers after the harvesting is done, and they are like offset a country mile from where the actual harvesting took place. It's simple MMRP programming they are not doing correctly that can EASILY be fixed.

I remember when this game never used to queue and I hated it because it was so slow that I nearly gave the game up. I gather you are talking of something different to the earlier version.

kazzaqld
Jun 08 2010, 02:12 AM
Do the devs WANT me to get RSI? :cool:

Seriously though, awesome stuff - really appreciate it! :D

Ol Gurl
Jun 08 2010, 02:20 AM
Hi I Just logged on.. Saw the New stuff.. I was wondering if you guys could add a boutique so we can change our clothes? I would be willing to use my coins and go shopping.. Well at least the women.. Heck the guys as well.. these overalls are getting kinda old.. It would be nice to go to the inn wearing something else besides overalls.. so I do see the sewing thing I guess.. but im gonna wait b4 I buy IT .. last time I jumped the gun I couldn't work facilites for a week and a half.. SO New Clothes that we can buy.. yay!!!

SueW170
Jun 08 2010, 02:38 AM
Kudos to the developers.
Though there's nothing that I'll probably acquire, for those seriously into facilities, it's really a great update. Oh, yes, I'll still be suggesting a plain ole regular small town restaurant (as a facility) and a general store (decorative or a facility to trade or sell crops and products to neighbors) of course :)
One point I'm questioning, though, is the addition of a winery. What is the minimum age for people to join FB and to participate in FT? Yes, I realize that this is just a "pretend" winery, but even so wonder if that's appropriate for games in which some who are not adults participate. . . . On second thought, though, it's the responsibility of parents to know what the games contain and control which games their children are permitted to take part in.

Tony D
Jun 08 2010, 02:49 AM
Kudos to the developers.
Though there's nothing that I'll probably acquire, for those seriously into facilities, it's really a great update. Oh, yes, I'll still be suggesting a plain ole regular small town restaurant (as a facility) and a general store (decorative or a facility to trade or sell crops and products to neighbors) of course :)
One point I'm questioning, though, is the addition of a winery. What is the minimum age for people to join FB and to participate in FT? Yes, I realize that this is just a "pretend" winery, but even so wonder if that's appropriate for games in which some who are not adults participate. . . . On second thought, though, it's the responsibility of parents to know what the games contain and control which games their children are permitted to take part in.Hi Sue, I am pretty sure it is 13. I would have to say though that if I did let a child of that age have access to facebook then the winery would be the least of my concerns.

cindya
Jun 08 2010, 02:49 AM
I have a question ..I was thinking about getting the 2 winery things but the purple grapes are ready in 4 hrs and u have 4 hrs to harvest...thats not enuff time..wonder if ur not here..most people sleep 8 hrs or work 8 hrs..then u will lose ur crops...can you move the time up to a day like the green grapes???

angeskye
Jun 08 2010, 03:01 AM
nothing to say but ... WOW THANK YOU :D

JaneMarple9
Jun 08 2010, 03:03 AM
Brilliant - level 90 and a extra 10 farm cash! Thanks so much :)

cindya
Jun 08 2010, 03:06 AM
ok I dont know if its just me or what ...but I see these lil brown either baskets or crates float up when harvesting the crops..anyone know what they are ???

TsunamiVince
Jun 08 2010, 03:15 AM
I remember when this game never used to queue and I hated it because it was so slow that I nearly gave the game up. I gather you are talking of something different to the earlier version.

Yes, but the fact you have to wait for the server to unwind in order to catch a worker that was done an hour previously simply indicates programmers that don't know what they are doing. Icons jumping around offset from where they are actually working and after all work has previously been done is just sloppy programming. This is one of the MOST retarded aspects to this game. It simply indicates poor planning and lack of any thought about how MMORP games work. The icons should NEVER be out of sync with the actual work. I should NEVER have to chase down jumpy icons for an hour after all work has actually been completed, and chase those icons offset from the actual work. This is Comp Sci 101 fail. Slowness of the servers and constant "connection to server lost" problems are something different but clearly indicate a lack of understanding of basic programming concepts.

fustratedfarmer
Jun 08 2010, 03:29 AM
:):)and please add hire to harvest/plow at the same time so we dont have to try n catch the avatars for 20 min..why not just knock it out in one shot that way when some1 is done harvesting they can go straight to plow without us having to be on our farms to send another request that would make things so much easier...and please add hire to plant

Love this idea!

Mrs Borgies
Jun 08 2010, 03:29 AM
Kudos to the developers.
One point I'm questioning, though, is the addition of a winery. What is the minimum age for people to join FB and to participate in FT? Yes, I realize that this is just a "pretend" winery, but even so wonder if that's appropriate for games in which some who are not adults participate. . . . On second thought, though, it's the responsibility of parents to know what the games contain and control which games their children are permitted to take part in.

Hi Sue, I don’t have a problem with the winery and young players.

Here is Australia, some schools do offer winemaking as part of the curriculum. Of course there is no tasting but they do learn everything else that goes into winemaking. :)

Mrs Borgies
Jun 08 2010, 03:32 AM
ok I dont know if its just me or what ...but I see these lil brown either baskets or crates float up when harvesting the crops..anyone know what they are ???

That is your percent of the crop going to your storage. :D You still get your coins as well. :)

Lavenda
Jun 08 2010, 03:34 AM
Kudos to the developers.

FB legal age is 16. My daughter is dying to have her own account (especially when friends at school already have one) so she can farm and fight dragons with me. But she's got 6 years till she's legal! My Space, IIRC, is 14. Either way, I have no problem with alcohol in the game, it's not like the point of the wineries is to see how drunk you can get.

Lavenda
Jun 08 2010, 03:38 AM
I have a question ..I was thinking about getting the 2 winery things but the purple grapes are ready in 4 hrs and u have 4 hrs to harvest...thats not enuff time..wonder if ur not here..most people sleep 8 hrs or work 8 hrs..then u will lose ur crops...can you move the time up to a day like the green grapes???

Here's an idea: plant something else at night or set your alarm clock. Two simple work arounds that are much more likely to work than asking the devs to change the rate of growth of a crop.

(That said, waaay back before facilities, when level 34 was the highest you could go, I reguarly planted grapes over night because I usually am up with the birds. Sure, I lost a few crops, but it hasn't marred my involvement with the game.

TsunamiVince
Jun 08 2010, 03:46 AM
Which reminds me, how about:

if (we already displayed over production warning popup)
{
throw out all remaining clicks on the exact same thing clicked on
}

instead of

if (over production)
{
display warning popup
}

I constantly click on something to max it out, then have to wait through 25-30 "you have maxed out production" popups as it unwinds through every single extra click on the production button. I'm glad you finally have over-production popups instead of just simply throwing out over production with no indication of what is going on but as usual you fail at the actual implementation of this detail. One over production pop-up and then toss subsequent identical clicks on the same production. Since I have to spell this out in all gory detail:

click()
{
if (! over production)
{
last displayed popup = null;
produce
return
}

// over production here

if (last displayed popup == current clicked item)
{
return;
}

display popup;

last displayed popup = current clicked item;
}

This way 1) multiple clicks on one production item only displays ONE popup. 2) Clicking around all production items still displays ONE popup when you click on something different. This still allows you to make sure the server has actually queued up the maximum amount.

SueW170
Jun 08 2010, 03:46 AM
Hi Sue, I am pretty sure it is 13. I would have to say though that if I did let a child of that age have access to facebook then the winery would be the least of my concerns.
Isn't that the truth ;)

AnnieH2009
Jun 08 2010, 03:58 AM
Awesome stuff! Love all the facilities and as usual, as soon as I reach the "top" you go and stretch the top out further. LOL I do so love a challenge.

One thing I did notice, tho, is that I put some of the fuel I received as gifts into storage and the last time I fueled up (before this release) they were not used. I have about 34 tanks and don't want to sell for so cheap! Shouldn't they be used just like the other fuel when you visit the station, even if they are in storage and not in your gift box? (They say "Gift" and when you fuel up all your tanks say "From facility" or something like that.) Thanks for your help.

Level 80 then 82 and climbing!

Developers, can you address this bug please so I do not have to keep gifts in my gift box until refueling, but can store them and refuel all at once??????? Thanks!!!!

SueW170
Jun 08 2010, 04:12 AM
Hi Sue, I don’t have a problem with the winery and young players.

Here is Australia, some schools do offer winemaking as part of the curriculum. Of course there is no tasting but they do learn everything else that goes into winemaking. :)
Interesting. A number of Australian wines are sold here in the US, quite excellent I've heard. Actually wine is a wholesome beverage. Though one glass and I'm sleepy, so I personally prefer the sparkling fruit juices. . . . Hey, maybe FT will add those as another product made from our grapes, apples, pears and cranberries :)

justmecookin
Jun 08 2010, 05:43 AM
OMG Raul...you lot are awesome...already bought it all...hugs to you all...

justmecookin
Jun 08 2010, 05:51 AM
See some posts due to the wine... I am American but live in Germany where beer is sold at McDonalds...the age to buy is 16...Many countries we visited it would be the norm for a young teen to have wine served to them with dinner...

Also will add we go to Spain a lot and they have certain wines for breakfast...nothing like kick starting your day...lol..lol...but its a difference in culture.

Julia2654
Jun 08 2010, 06:03 AM
This has to be the best update you've done, and with very little trauma to the system. Thanks so much!
(it's great to be baaaaack!!)

Lbishop1213
Jun 08 2010, 06:06 AM
Hi Sue, I am pretty sure it is 13. I would have to say though that if I did let a child of that age have access to facebook then the winery would be the least of my concerns.

I wanted to add my 2 cents about the winery. My 10 year old does have a farm town only facebook (I monitor it). She is an old soul, she doesn't like the underwear commercials, or when half dressed women are on magazine covers, she doesn't like me having a glass of wine, BUT she was very excited to see the winery was added. Not because it was wine but because she could make a decent amount of coins out of her grapes!

zimberg
Jun 08 2010, 06:17 AM
Thank heavens for storage......make way for more planting. lol Thanks so much for all the new goodies. I am on 1 800 000 xp and hope that I will be able make level 100 soon.

brenb
Jun 08 2010, 06:26 AM
Thank you! I'm at level 90 now! Need to go check out the facilities!

meemee1955
Jun 08 2010, 06:34 AM
Please fix the upgrade for the 4th farm i have all the other farms and their upgrades as far as they to. I have over 100 neighbors and at level 90 now so please help me get the upgrades. Every time i go to get the upgrade it is locked. Help!!!!!

Here I am again just please fix the 4th farm upgrade so it will unlock and I can buy it. I have everything required to get it.

essexboy
Jun 08 2010, 06:44 AM
cheers ears:D

islandstylin
Jun 08 2010, 06:49 AM
I play FT on myspace. Just did a harvest job but did not see any of the item in my storage. Is there a problem with the myspace version?

Venilla
Jun 08 2010, 06:54 AM
I agree all around...the update is great and came just in time as I was getting bored. I'm one of the players who hasnt actually earned a level since way back when max level was 34 and I own everything lol It kinda sucks beeing boosted to the end level with nothing to do.

I also agree about the winery...I dont view a winery as FTs method to intoxicate our children....FT was addiction enough before the wine. I wouldnt have cared if it was grape jelly myself...I'm glad to see more crops being used and a wider variety of things to make. I was going crazy when all this started just growing wheat and tomatoes everywhere.

I would like to see a 'Hire to harvest ALL' and 'Hire to Harvest Crops and Plow' though. I do hate having to hire multiple times to get my trees, flowers, and crops done.

knuttyatschnauzerville
Jun 08 2010, 07:08 AM
Lovely, but those of us who don't want strangers as facebook friends still can't upgrade our 3rd farm to get a fourth farm..... so there isn't much to spend the coins on...

and why can't people send us OIL as a gift?

Toranut97
Jun 08 2010, 07:15 AM
I love it My only concern is how to produce enough crops, etc to keep facilities working; maybe shortening the time from plant to harvest. What do u think of that?? I went to 90 immediately.

Oh, please NO!!!! I have a real life job and the four hour harvests are pretty much impossible for me. Please, nothing shorter than a day! Or 12 hours, tops!!! Thanks!
BTW I LOVE all the changes. I had just made level 80 last week -- your timing is wonderful!!!

1fritz
Jun 08 2010, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the great updates you guys are the best!

Toranut97
Jun 08 2010, 07:21 AM
Oh, and having the winery is clever. And if there are kids, let them learn that grapes can be for juice, or for wine, or for fruit cocktail -- they have to learn how to use the produce they have raised. They get to make the choices. Good stewardship. And they cant "drink" virtual wine -- so what is the problem??? This complaint is a bit of a stretch I think -- desperate for something to complain about, are we????

I would be more concerned that kids know what to do when they go to the store with you and you go down the "wine and spirits" aisle. Do you blindfold them?????

Toranut97
Jun 08 2010, 07:38 AM

Please stop using the "r" word -- it is offensive to many people. See http://www.r-word.org/

Thank you. You can now return to your regularly scheduled kvetching.

Lavenda
Jun 08 2010, 07:45 AM
I'm now experiencing an issue when others harvest for me. I am now finding I get the odd field that has been harvested but it lingers with the progress bar not moving. I suspect this may have something to do with when they are receiving their next increment of the payment in crops. When they are plowed over they do not change and thus cannot be replanted until you reload the farm (I don't normally "go with them" when I hire to harvest because I normally have no need to reload the farm). While this isn't a huge issue, it shouldn't be happening and does interfer with smooth game play.

Whoopsidaisy
Jun 08 2010, 07:45 AM
It's a good thing I don't have any bugs in my house because I can't seem to get my jaw off the floor, LOL! First thing I see when I log on today is I jumped 10 levels, then all the new factories, facilities, items, crops :) I'm still trying to incorporate all the last batch of factories into my city/farm and you hit me with this. I'm in heaven, LOL. Thanks so much! I can't imagine anyone being bored with this line up! You are totally awesome and amazing. FT was already my fav game before you added facilities. Gonna have to hire a maid to clean my house because I don't have time anymore. To much to do here :)

diannevt
Jun 08 2010, 08:31 AM
Yes!!!
Now how do I get out of going to work so I can rearrange things & get the new facilities & plan & plant & & & & &
This game is entirely too wonderful.
Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you :)

mst
Jun 08 2010, 08:52 AM
Glad I read this as it has the information I needed on the new facilities. I know my spelling is awful. This new update is great.

farmermuff
Jun 08 2010, 09:17 AM
Devs,

I think you guys are moving a little to quickly and your not neccessarily thinking things through, especially with the new facilites. If a new player starts playing the game, they have to have "rank" to buy facilities, including be at level 40 or so to buy the new textile factory and the winery.

However, they can purchase FC and buy any of the FC facilities as the FC facilities are not rank dependent. If a new player buys FC and they buy the wine celler or sowing mill, all of their production is dependent on their neighbors because they cant buy the facility to get the wool or whatever and they cant buy the facility to turn it into textile rolls. They also cant buy the facility to produce non aged wine for themselves in order to use the wine celler.

I doubt you are trying to discourage new users from purchasing FC in order to buy facilities, yet with this new setup thats exactly what you did. So, it must be an over sight. New users being dependent on their neighbors is not an ideal or attractive way to get started.

hhunting
Jun 08 2010, 09:20 AM
Oh MY... 4 DAYS for cucumbers??? C'mon devs, 3 days is long enough! PLEASE PLEASE shorten the cukes by at least 1 day, if not more???

I agree...and the profit is so small it's like a 1-day crop anyway. I was thinking it was supposed to be 4 hours and someone fatfingered? :D

Love the upgrades though!!!

Randall_Lind
Jun 08 2010, 09:30 AM
I wish you made the Textile and sew mill stright. The Slant made it hard for me to figure out where to put them.

Kady
Jun 08 2010, 09:51 AM
amazing....awesome job

Pat42066
Jun 08 2010, 09:54 AM
Hey there,

- Silk Textile Rolls from the Silk Worms. You get the Silk Worms by harvesting the mulberry trees where they live. You get the mulberry tree as gift from friends

- Shirts, T-Shirts, Horse Rugs, Harvesting Gloves, Wool Hats, Overalls, Ties and Wedding Dresses

6. Winery (Coins): Allows you to produce non-aged wine containers from the Purple and Green Grapes in your storage.

7. Wine Cellar (30FC): Allows you to produce Aged Wine Bottles out of the non-aged Wine Containers that you produced in the Winery. The aged wines can be:

9. When you work for others to harvest crops, trees, flowers or to fish, in addition to the coins you get, the Mayor will compensate you with a share of the products:

10. The issue with the fuel should be resolved by now, you can refuel now up to 9999999 gallons at the same time.

Enjoy!

Update 1: All new items for the new levels are at the end of the Buildings and Decorations categories.
Update 2: We are currently working on a way to keep incentivized people with 650K+ XP or 90+ level, stay tunned.

--Raul

Thank You, Farm Town just keeps getting better and better. Love it!!!!!!!!

Kady
Jun 08 2010, 09:59 AM
Love the upgrades.. can the seeds in the store, be put in 'time' order and alpha order within that.... else all is good

platnm6309
Jun 08 2010, 10:21 AM
i just wish they would fix my plus sign by my envelope. I have deleted cookies, removed cache, and this is a developer issue which has to be reset. This has been there for over 4 months now, and no one wants to fix it.. I cant', not from my end.

We have coffee, we need a coffee shop..

Lorraine Millett Snyder
Jun 08 2010, 10:24 AM
Hey there,

Enjoy!

--Raul

since the new update Ican't hire to work facilities The first pop up comes then the one to put on feed is not there

Great Scott
Jun 08 2010, 10:28 AM
I think I lost some Farm Cash over the last few days. I had 27, and went to level 68 and now I am at 25......I was trying to get to 30 to buy the chocolate factory. I thought I only had 2 more to go, and now I have 5. Somethings wrong. thanks.

pattybowra
Jun 08 2010, 10:33 AM
Thanx for the new upgrades but i have 1 suggestion ok maybe a couple! it would be nice to be able to move our animals in between farms, paint our houses and barns, and decorate the INSIDE of our homes. Just a thought!

pattybowra
Jun 08 2010, 10:34 AM
we need to move the animals from farm to farm, decorate the inside of our homes and paint the outsides! thanx

alnbev
Jun 08 2010, 10:47 AM
You are doing a wonderful job, keep up the good work!

SunnyD
Jun 08 2010, 10:50 AM
All great additions but I still continue to see very few of my neighbours requests for help in their factories and I have talked to neighbours who have similar problems. I mentioned this on the forums before but no one has addressed the issue

I believe they have addressed this many times.... be sure your neighbors don't have their messages blocked...... also a mod said that we have top friends on FB I am not sure how exactly to change that yet.... As I just learned about this.. perhaps a moderator can tell us.... This is a FB issue not an issue with FarmTown however.....

Redbud
Jun 08 2010, 10:51 AM
Ty so much for all u do! Love Farm Town!!!!!

Lupi
Jun 08 2010, 11:41 AM
Thank you so much. The updates for this game NEVER disappoint, you guys just keep making Farm Town better and better.

nanie's farm
Jun 08 2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks so much!! I love the new additions!! (But i was really expecting the textile mill to look like a little cottage industry and artsy type of building instead of a major factory but you cant win them all..LOL!)

Just wondering, can any of you get to play Farmtown now? I cant..it says its temporarily down or moved to a new address. I attribute it to the new additions and everyone is playing at the same time. Its ok because its giving me a well needed rest from FT but there goes my grapes!! I bet its gone rotten by now..:(

SunnyD
Jun 08 2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks so much!! I love the new additions!! (But i was really expecting the textile mill to look like a little cottage industry and artsy type of building instead of a major factory but you cant win them all..LOL!)

Just wondering, can any of you get to play Farmtown now? I cant..it says its temporarily down or moved to a new address. I attribute it to the new additions and everyone is playing at the same time. Its ok because its giving me a well needed rest from FT but there goes my grapes!! I bet its gone rotten by now..:(

Nanie since you already have the Forum open there is a "Play Farm Town" link up top here... try clicking on that to get on the game...... generally if all other links fail this one don't........

nanie's farm
Jun 08 2010, 11:58 AM
TNKS!! i really need to check on my grapes...:)

Juliegold
Jun 08 2010, 12:12 PM
loving the new items ..... just to let u know i'm level 90 with nearly 4 million xp and i buy into very little of the new stuff ...i have no factories and the odd rabbbit or duck roaming about ... i like the houses as they've been upgraded and have probably bought and sold one of every item...wot i,m trying to say is i'm happy playing the game as it is and i dont need enticing to continue ...plow,sow,reap...thats my game so as long as thats always possible i dont think my interest will fade ....one moan...why is farm 4 so expensive to upgrade ... it wud take ages to make it pay for itself and therefore not worth buying (though i have the small version) anyway cheers from one happy customer: )

CynthiaSue
Jun 08 2010, 12:28 PM
Seems like we are going to need alot of sheep and llamas seeing it takes 2 days to harvest them. Perhaps you could shorten the time it takes to harvest them or increase the yield per animal. I bought a bunch of each, and don't mind buying more, but they take space and cause the farm to load too slowly. I already moved my facilities to another farm so that people working them wouldn't give up and not come.

Texas Belle
Jun 08 2010, 12:30 PM
You have just made me and a lot of other folks happy here!

Me included, thanks Raul
What about more ice cream - Mamey
Mermelade - Guava
Guacamole - Avocados

Thanks guys

kimbee2
Jun 08 2010, 12:31 PM
Love the new upgrade, but I am having problems rehiring people for harvesting on a different farm. The only one that works is crops only one. Is anyone else having this problem?

Texas Belle
Jun 08 2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the new stuff but where if somewhere to grind our coffee beans

Oh forgot that one, we really need to grind our coffee, please

Mitipants
Jun 08 2010, 12:50 PM
I love the new additions, thank you! I have longed for a small share of the proceeds from harvesting...this is great!

I would like to see proceeds from trees upped to 25% though, the same as flowers. I think this would give people a better incentive to harvest our trees :D

Frolicking Farmer
Jun 08 2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the updates. I still can't buy a 3rd farm, tho. I have over 14 million coins, level 83, and still only 27 in Farm Cash. I'll never get my 3rd farm I guess cause I don't want strangers on my FB profile pages.

Cajun Karen
Jun 08 2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks, Raul, for the updates! They are AWESOME!

speedmonkey
Jun 08 2010, 01:11 PM
When I am harvesting and getting my new share should it be taking that share out of the farmer's supply or should they be getting the whole of what I harvest for them and the mayor gives me my share?

I love the update I just want to make sure that it is working right. I don't want to cheat the farmers out of their crops!:)

lulu836
Jun 08 2010, 01:17 PM
Question about the oil refinery: Did I read correctly that every barrel of crude oil costs ME $1000? Seriously?? Why would I do that when I can get all the gasoline I need gifted?

Saylorgirl
Jun 08 2010, 01:18 PM
I have to agree with BelliBut on the xp's...I also have over 1 million xp's. And still get them but what good are they if we can't be compensated for the work we put in? I hate to be one of those that will only harvest so I continue "plowing" on in hopes FT will give us some kind of credit for it. Last upgrade in levels I went from 60 to 80 overnight and now I was 80 but now 90. It would really be nice if we could get FT cash for the xp's so those of us that keep missing out on the new facilities might be able to get one or two of them.

Didn't you get 10 FC yesterday when it leveled up?? I did and you should have!

MaryinVA
Jun 08 2010, 01:46 PM
I see furniture available, but no mention of being able to get INSIDE any of the houses. Is this something in the works? Where are we supposed to put these couches, chairs, and tables, etc.?

kpoledra
Jun 08 2010, 01:46 PM
love the updates! I'd been saving that wool and growing a little cotton on the hope that we'd get a mill!
I do also like the idea of a "hire to harvest & plow" option for the hiring. I am going to save my coffee.... **thinks good thoughts about a coffee roaster/mill**

saellis
Jun 08 2010, 02:08 PM
Thank you so much for the new stuff. Farm Town just keeps getting better. Best farm game around :D

MebeMrS
Jun 08 2010, 02:20 PM
Question about the oil refinery: Did I read correctly that every barrel of crude oil costs ME $1000? Seriously?? Why would I do that when I can get all the gasoline I need gifted?

The cost of $1000 is nothing compared to the return.... kind of like planting a high end crop, only better because so little room is used. With a rig on each of 4 farms, and one refinery, I have 90,000 of fuel to call upon, and a profit of over $600,000 already. This is a cash cow.
Enjoy

Mama D
Jun 08 2010, 02:21 PM
Woo hoo!!!!

ant carter
Jun 08 2010, 02:24 PM
thanks for the new levels and new stuff:)

mamawade
Jun 08 2010, 02:28 PM
just wanted to say thank you so very much for all of your hard work! I love all the new stuff!! Keep up the great work...
Brenda aka mamawade

Ganymed
Jun 08 2010, 02:29 PM
That all is very good, but...

there are Problems with the Animals. it needs to long to load sides with animals, because they were counted all time.
You can build stalls to include - my be 100 of them?

next Problem:
by working in the own factorys, every klick was counted in slow motion. it takes to much time to do that.

Please help
Greetings

islandbabs
Jun 08 2010, 02:33 PM
Since the upgrade I have not been able to send gifts, and neither have my friends... anyone else having problems?

janetscott9
Jun 08 2010, 02:37 PM
raul this is all great news and thanks but somewhere in these changes my husband has had 15 million coins disappear do you think there is some connection

sharkiesmum
Jun 08 2010, 02:44 PM
thanks so much as i was getting bored as im now level 90 yessss & now more to do....since the upgrade though my plowing/harvest of others farms is so far ahead of avator which is so far ahead of coins :-( it has really slowed me down can this bug be fixed please?

ok2speak
Jun 08 2010, 03:16 PM
Holy Moly Guys!!!
Just feed the addiction!!! Am loving the way the game is turning out! I love that the updates are coming in on a weekly (or so ) basis! I need my boss to upgrade my computer so I can keep up with it all! LOL God forbid I should actually do some work during work hours.
One suggestion which I have seen over and over, Coffee mills! thats it. No complaints about anything. Will gladly spend cash on this game and have! Keep up the great work

cilla38
Jun 08 2010, 03:58 PM
Thank you Raul for the new Factories Love it can't wait to see what we are going to do next. oh just a thought how about making peanut oil also ?

Soozy
Jun 08 2010, 04:19 PM
hahah I was SO hoping for a coffee shop this time around, to both grind coffee and sell coffee drinks.

I jumped right to level 90, so looking forward to more new levels as mentioned in Raul's post.

I agree, none can compare with FarmTown! Thanks Raul and devs, you da best! :D

Grinding coffee would be easy to do if they just added it to the watermill or stone mill. Please devs!

~Tatiana~
Jun 08 2010, 04:58 PM
I see furniture available, but no mention of being able to get INSIDE any of the houses. Is this something in the works? Where are we supposed to put these couches, chairs, and tables, etc.?

It is outside furniture...looks like wicker. I have put mine outside on a patio and then on my beach I put some more. Great addition!

Lavenda
Jun 08 2010, 05:07 PM
re: 8. You can now hire others to fish at your farms

How do I do this? Thanks....

when you click on a farmer and the menu appears, hiring to harvest flowers is down near the bottom of the list. So it works much the same as hiring people to do anything else, it's just it's own option and not part of any other hiring process

Mimikrie
Jun 08 2010, 05:41 PM
how about a 5th farm? lol *ducking*

Mrs Borgies
Jun 08 2010, 05:42 PM
thanks so much as i was getting bored as im now level 90 yessss & now more to do....since the upgrade though my plowing/harvest of others farms is so far ahead of avator which is so far ahead of coins :-( it has really slowed me down can this bug be fixed please?

Hi there, have you tried clicking on save and once saved, leave the farm when you have everything clicked on and queued? That is what I do. I even do that when I am working on my own farm. I just click on another of my farms and return to find all the seeding is done. That goes for when I harvest and plowing my own farms as well.

I hire workers for plow when I see the harvest is done and yet I know the other person is still busy moving from one queued plot to the next. All the queued work is done though when the plow job is accepted. It saves lot of time with no loss of coins or xp's, as they spin over all at once.

Katmouse
Jun 08 2010, 05:58 PM
I have been praying to the Farm Town gods for cucumbers so I could make my own darn pickles!! Since we can now grow or produce almost everything we need, the gift giving has um, shall we say lagged considerably! It would be REALLY NICE (hint hint to the Farm Town gods) for us to be able to be 100% SELF SUFFICIENT and NOT have to rely on the kindness of anyone for anything at all. Period!!!!!!!

I am SO STOKED about the pickles I am doing the happy dance!! My only beef is WHY did they have to take 4 darn days to grow?!? C'mon - you throw us a bone which is great, but then you make it awful hard to chew :)

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see at least 40-50 more levels, new and FASTER ways to earn FC, XPs earned faster, plus LOTS of new decorations (and some of the old ones go buh-bye), new buildings to add - just lots of new stuff in general! New blood so to speak. Inject some new life, new energy into an already great game. We need to be able to spruce our places up with all kinds of new stuff, not just more of the same!

OH - here's a biggie!! Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have the ability to buy our own cows?!?!???? Again this goes back to the gift giving lagging since we're able to buy & grow so much on our own now. And to be frank, people who DO still send stuff just send whatever, they don't put much thought into their gifts or pay attention when we ask for specific things. I run out of cheese ALL the time and I've been BEGGING for cows and what do I get? Potted plants!!!!!!!!!! So please Farm Town gods, let us just BUY our own cows!!!!!!

I'm a total Farm Town addict. My friends think I need a 12-Step program. I tell them they don't know what they're missing!

Thanks for all the hard work you do. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I appreciate every little upgrade. I'm just giving you my wish list!

And seriously, thanks for the cucumbers!!!!!!!!!!

steenhoven
Jun 08 2010, 06:16 PM
One of the reasons many people are not gift giving is because it's much harder now. It used to pop up as soon as we went into Farm Town, but now, it takes much longer. Personally, I put thought into my gifts, and send out many more than I receive, and that is frustrating.

Suggestion: how about a super seeder that will do 12 at a time, or a super plower that will do 12 at a time. FT is better than FV, isn't it, and they have the machines that can do 9 at a time.

Keep up the good work.

Abbie Dale
Jun 08 2010, 06:31 PM
I'm now experiencing an issue when others harvest for me. I am now finding I get the odd field that has been harvested but it lingers with the progress bar not moving. I suspect this may have something to do with when they are receiving their next increment of the payment in crops. When they are plowed over they do not change and thus cannot be replanted until you reload the farm (I don't normally "go with them" when I hire to harvest because I normally have no need to reload the farm). While this isn't a huge issue, it shouldn't be happening and does interfer with smooth game play.

I noticed this change too so my daughter & I did an experiment using 2 computers & this is basically what is happening.....the plots left as you described are the person who harvest for you 10% of the crop....so for example 50 plots 5 goes to the person who harvested...and you retain the 45 plots....and you are right you have to reload before you can plow/plant. So I wonder how many people will be hiring now as for example if you are growing crops for the facilities it makes no difference if they are a 'large' crop or not....so I wonder if you did the number crunching if you would be better off harvesting the crop yourself Anyway hope this is helpful.:)

cueball50
Jun 08 2010, 07:32 PM
The upgrades are great!!!!! Thanks for keeping me interested. My only concern is that it doesn't appear that people that were level 80, didn't get any farm cash to compensate for the level increase to level 90. So is it that once you advance to level 80, that will be the max farm cash granted? Help.

PRT
Jun 08 2010, 07:34 PM
I was 80 and jumped to 90 and got my 10 FC.

Lavenda
Jun 08 2010, 07:49 PM
I noticed this change too so my daughter & I did an experiment using 2 computers & this is basically what is happening.....the plots left as you described are the person who harvest for you 10% of the crop....so for example 50 plots 5 goes to the person who harvested...and you retain the 45 plots....and you are right you have to reload before you can plow/plant. So I wonder how many people will be hiring now as for example if you are growing crops for the facilities it makes no difference if they are a 'large' crop or not....so I wonder if you did the number crunching if you would be better off harvesting the crop yourself Anyway hope this is helpful.:)

since it's not just me I think I will now go and post about it in the Help forum. I certainly don't want this turning people off hiring to harvest because I'd like to earn some crops too!

Saylorgirl
Jun 08 2010, 08:04 PM
The upgrades are great!!!!! Thanks for keeping me interested. My only concern is that it doesn't appear that people that were level 80, didn't get any farm cash to compensate for the level increase to level 90. So is it that once you advance to level 80, that will be the max farm cash granted? Help.

I was 80 and jumped to 90 and received 10 farm cash! I was very happy about that!

Deb NZ
Jun 08 2010, 08:12 PM

Got mine out by the spa

Deb NZ
Jun 08 2010, 08:15 PM

Woohoo thanks guys!
Have been harvesting myself for weeks cause no one will harvest, now with the 10% of crops feature the beggars are back!!! Yay.

jhughe29
Jun 08 2010, 08:30 PM
Deb nz
i give you a hand deb nz in harvesting

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 08 2010, 08:51 PM
Here is the list of levels:
Level 81 – XP 544000
Green Governor :You can now buy Watermelon Wagons, Tulip Pods and Garden Tents from the store

Level 82- XP 555000
Amazing Developer :You can now buy Tiki torch, Light Posts and Lifts from the store

Level 83 - XP 566000
Impressive Laborer: You can now buy Dual Light Posts, Daffodil Pods and Spas from the store.

Level 84 – XP 578000
Brilliant Trader: You can now buy Square Chairs, Hyacinth Pods and Small Buses from the store.

Level 85 - XP 590000
Astounding Constructor :You can now buy Circular Tables, Zinnia Pods and Long Barns from the store.

Level 86 – XP 602000
Plant Whisperer: You can now buy Deck Chairs, Lilies Pods and Farmer Statues from the store.

Level 87 – XP 612000
Farm Manager : You can now buy Short Sofas, Crown of thorns Pods and Inflatable Slides from the store.

Level 88 – XP 622000
Minister of Seeds: You can now buy Oval Sofas, Forget me not Pods and Saunas from the store.

Level 89- XP 632000
Growth Mediator: You can now buy Eclipse Sofas, Poppy Pods and Jacuzzi from the store.

Level 90 – XP 643000
Factory Genius: You can now buy Long Sofas, Rose Pods and Farmer Mansions from the store.

Tony D
Jun 08 2010, 08:52 PM
Here is the list of levels:
Level 81 – XP 544000
Green Governor :You can now buy Watermelon Wagons, Tulip Pods and Garden Tents from the store

Level 82- XP 555000
Amazing Developer :You can now buy Tiki torch, Light Posts and Lifts from the store

Level 83 - XP 566000
Impressive Laborer: You can now buy Dual Light Posts, Daffodil Pods and Spas from the store.

Level 84 – XP 578000
Brilliant Trader: You can now buy Square Chairs, Hyacinth Pods and Small Buses from the store.

Level 85 - XP 590000
Astounding Constructor :You can now buy Circular Tables, Zinnia Pods and Long Barns from the store.

Level 86 – XP 602000
Plant Whisperer: You can now buy Deck Chairs, Lilies Pods and Farmer Statues from the store.

Level 87 – XP 612000
Farm Manager : You can now buy Short Sofas, Crown of thorns Pods and Inflatable Slides from the store.

Level 88 – XP 622000
Minister of Seeds: You can now buy Oval Sofas, Forget me not Pods and Saunas from the store.

Level 89- XP 632000
Growth Mediator: You can now buy Eclipse Sofas, Poppy Pods and Jacuzzi from the store.

Level 90 – XP 643000
Factory Genius: You can now buy Long Sofas, Rose Pods and Farmer Mansions from the store.Thanks TT :)

HelenJS22
Jun 08 2010, 08:59 PM
Nothing about making the game any quicker. Why can't you ever address that? I hate loading up my facilities and now you make a boatload more. Why don't you allow the hired help to use the 4 plot plower, seeder and harvester? Why no hide animals. I KNOW I'm posting in the wrong area, but seriously, the game will be even slower yet. It crashes my browser, my wifes browser. We use different machines, browsers, etc. FIX the game rather than throwing more facilities out there.

It's not necessarily the game causing your loading problems. It's just that it requires pretty high powered computers. I have a friend with the same complaints as yours, and blamed the game, but when I invited her to come and log into her farm on my computer she couldn't believe how fast and easy it was. Now her poor husband is probably being nagged to death for a new computer upgrade

HelenJS22
Jun 08 2010, 09:04 PM
Cool upgrades. Now that we have modern stuff, when do we get to see modern cars? All we have is vintage cars but we have solar panels and big rigs and facilities. Time to modernize the vehicles!!!

Yeah, can I have an Audi Sports Car please? :p

Saylorgirl
Jun 08 2010, 09:12 PM
It's not necessarily the game causing your loading problems. It's just that it requires pretty high powered computers. I have a friend with the same complaints as yours, and blamed the game, but when I invited her to come and log into her farm on my computer she couldn't believe how fast and easy it was. Now her poor husband is probably being nagged to death for a new computer upgrade

I agree with my new computer I find it loads very fast. I haven't had anything drag at all and I have a lot of animals on my farm.

HelenJS22
Jun 08 2010, 09:15 PM

LOL - sorry, but you can't possibly be addicted enough ;) When we started we had no raspberries and couldn't be hired to plow, so we grew grapes by the thousand. My friend and I would sit up very late, plant our grapes, then leap out of bed before the total of 8 hours were up and run to harvest our grapes before they died, and before starting work. In the big scheme of things, breakfast and morning showers came a poor second and third to harvesting our grapes :eek:

Tony D
Jun 08 2010, 09:16 PM

I agree with my new computer I find it loads very fast. I haven't had anything drag at all and I have a lot of animals on my farm.Hmmm I wonder if the local computer shop will take farm coins ....

amanda1955
Jun 08 2010, 09:18 PM
Hi
You rock farm town. You are the only game I have spent real money on, it keeps getting better and better, you will though need to keep adding more levels and also more farms or expansions on farms might be a better option for more room. thanks guys for listening to everybody's suggestions..

HelenJS22
Jun 08 2010, 09:21 PM
Hmmm I wonder if the local computer shop will take farm coins ....

Nope, I think it would probably only take Farm Cash as a possible way to rescue us from our hopeless addiction :o

amanda1955
Jun 08 2010, 09:25 PM
this is the only farm game that actually behaves like a proper farm... should know come from one, it is my way of dealing with the withdrawel symtoms...lol....but oh so much easier than a real farm...why love it so much

servocrow
Jun 08 2010, 09:32 PM
Although I still get a little persnickety threat to shut down IE8 and a message to uninstall Flash Plasher and reinstall (which I've already done), I haven't gotten NEARLY the annoying freezing and crashing that I used to get since Comcast switched from McAfee to Norton as their Security provider. I would NEVER want to be hired by anyone because I would always freeze and lock up (especially in large screen). There could be other programs conflicting...NOT saying McAfee did, but I noticed a huge improvement in the way FarmTown behaved after I got rid of it.

SueW170
Jun 08 2010, 09:37 PM
Oh, and having the winery is clever. And if there are kids, let them learn that grapes can be for juice, or for wine, or for fruit cocktail -- they have to learn how to use the produce they have raised. They get to make the choices. Good stewardship. And they cant "drink" virtual wine -- so what is the problem??? This complaint is a bit of a stretch I think -- desperate for something to complain about, are we????

I would be more concerned that kids know what to do when they go to the store with you and you go down the "wine and spirits" aisle. Do you blindfold them?????
Actually I wasn't complaining, just wondering if some might think it inappropriate. Personally, I don't think so, but, in some areas some people are overly (overly in my opinion) sensitive about such things. Glad to see, from comments here, that we're a pretty open-minded group :)

SueW170
Jun 08 2010, 09:43 PM
Apparently the case since I have had no loading problems with my Macbook Pro. Everything loads quite quickly, my farms and others I've worked at or visited. Have never tried playing FT on my older iBook G4, but imagine it would be noticeably slower since other graphics intensive aps are..

dottyF
Jun 08 2010, 09:53 PM
I use google chrome for my browser and it works very good. I had trouble playing the zynga games on my laptop (vista) before I installed it.

dottyF
Jun 08 2010, 09:54 PM
Love the new facilities. Like the clothes. Didnt want to sell them. :)

Moosie
Jun 08 2010, 10:01 PM
All is great but holy cow it it ever slow now and when you go to post factories...it won't post for me. After you get a factory going it takes forever to cycle the XP points. VERY SLOW going. But all in all I really do like the new release.

dottyF
Jun 08 2010, 10:07 PM
LOL - sorry, but you can't possibly be addicted enough ;) When we started we had no raspberries and couldn't be hired to plow, so we grew grapes by the thousand. My friend and I would sit up very late, plant our grapes, then leap out of bed before the total of 8 hours were up and run to harvest our grapes before they died, and before starting work. In the big scheme of things, breakfast and morning showers came a poor second and third to harvesting our grapes :eek:

I started before you could hire to plow. I bout went blind harvesting rasberrys and grapes. You couldnt even see what you harvested for those horrible white lines. It has come a long way. Everything is so much easier now.

angelbabeok
Jun 08 2010, 10:31 PM
I HAVE TO Agree, this has to be the best game in the world and the only game I will spend real money on, I absolutely love it, I can pretty much play it all day, and not get bored, there's always something to do, but I still need more farms lol not greedy haha, cant keep my facilities full for my neighbours when I cant plant enough to keep em full.

no really fantastic game just keep getting better and better love it

KayGee
Jun 08 2010, 10:45 PM
I agree...and the profit is so small it's like a 1-day crop anyway. I was thinking it was supposed to be 4 hours and someone fatfingered? :D

Love the upgrades though!!!

The complaint about cukes taking 4 days is kinna funny. Plant a LOT of cukes one time, wait the 4 days, harvest, process, and stockpile for use. I do this with a number of crops that I need for "garnish" of other products. Plant once....use for a long time. They don't go bad in storage :)

janetscott9
Jun 09 2010, 01:40 AM
raul please is there a way you can check my husbands account 15 million coins disappeared yesterday and it has taken him so long to reach the ammount he is now losing all incentive

thaks

janet

Phyliss
Jun 09 2010, 02:12 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I am so pleased that this has been done and I look forward to more new levels. You have done an amazing job these last few months and I know that more users like I are so happy, because, you know what, we are able to continue playing without getting too discouraged. Good Job! Can hardly wait for the new levels. Your recognition of players that have been dedicated to this game is very much appreciated.

speedmonkey
Jun 09 2010, 02:33 AM

The exact opposite show when I am harvesting. The crops that are going into my storage as the employee clear and show the harvested plot as soon as I click on them.

Hmm strange.

There are still a number of crops that can not be used in any of the facilities. For people that plant those crops it is still more profitable to hire help. Besides if we all stop hiring others to help we will lose a very important part of the game, networking and learning from other farmers. As those seeking work it is now more beneficial for us to go work for others because we get a small portion of the crops as well as coins.

Just my thoughts :)

speedmonkey
Jun 09 2010, 02:46 AM

Not all people run on a normal schedule. If you know that you are not going to be able to harvest in the allotted amount of time wait to plant your grapes until you know that you can get back to them in time. Many people I am sure, rely on the grapes only taking 4 hours to grow. This allows the players that run on weird schedules to be extremely productive during the day. It would be unfair to all of those users to change the grow time. If there is no way to make it back in time for the purple grapes plant the green ones.

Grow times should range over a wide set of time frames to allow all farmers the chance to be productive when their schedule allows it.

Just a thought!

SueW170
Jun 09 2010, 03:00 AM
The exact opposite show when I am harvesting. The crops that are going into my storage as the employee clear and show the harvested plot as soon as I click on them.

Hmm strange.

There are still a number of crops that can not be used in any of the facilities. For people that plant those crops it is still more profitable to hire help. Besides if we all stop hiring others to help we will lose a very important part of the game, networking and learning from other farmers. As those seeking work it is now more beneficial for us to go work for others because we get a small portion of the crops as well as coins.

Just my thoughts :)
While I was earning game coins and exp. points to be able to get and complete farm 2, I often worked for others at the Market Place and never found any real networking. I would go to the MP, post a message via the chat that I was glad to harvest, plow, both and/or harvest trees; then get hired, complete the job as efficiently as possible and thank the farmer who might or might not comment "thank you" or "you're welcome." That was the extent the extent of networking. This isn't a complaint since that's how I thought the process was supposed to work. When I hired someone, I thanked them for accepting the job, then moved my avatar our of their way and thanked them when they finished.

speedmonkey
Jun 09 2010, 03:41 AM
While I was earning game coins and exp. points to be able to get and complete farm 2, I often worked for others at the Market Place and never found any real networking. I would go to the MP, post a message via the chat that I was glad to harvest, plow, both and/or harvest trees; then get hired, complete the job as efficiently as possible and thank the farmer who might or might not comment "thank you" or "you're welcome." That was the extent the extent of networking. This isn't a complaint since that's how I thought the process was supposed to work. When I hired someone, I thanked them for accepting the job, then moved my avatar our of their way and thanked them when they finished.

I have meet a number of very nice people. While a lot of people, including me most of the time interact in the way that you have described, but the opportunity to learn and interact with others is still there to use for those who chose to use it.

Rowie
Jun 09 2010, 04:56 AM
This is great news Raul, thanks! And I was nearly at level 80...... keep working Rowie!

Lavenda
Jun 09 2010, 05:03 AM
I have meet a number of very nice people. While a lot of people, including me most of the time interact in the way that you have described, but the opportunity to learn and interact with others is still there to use for those who chose to use it.

Same here, particuarly when I was the only one hired. I'd do my work then look around their farm, sometimes get chatting and ended up with some very nice people on my buddy list from all over the world. Some days the market was very chatty too.

kensfreedom
Jun 09 2010, 05:39 AM
I love all the upgrades. but are the developers going to do anything about how much the game has slowed down? I am on a 20Mbs down load broad band connection, with a i7 8 GB of Ram. Now that the developers have given us all these neat things to play with it is taking up to a minute and a half to load my farm then every time I load up a facility takes a good 30 seconds before I can go and do something else while I wait for my avatar to add up the XP. My neighbors won't work my facilities anymore because it takes too long for the farm to load and for them to work the facilities. It is great that we have all these facilities and animals to support the facilities but The game is becoming more annoying then fun to play. To keep up with the cheese demand I had to add 100 cows that I milk every 8 hours and I have close to 100 hens. This is necessary to keep up with the requirements of the facilities to produce the various items.
I have been playing almost as long as the game has been around and I remember the early days taking for ever to harvest while waiting on the avatar to work each field before moving on. This has gotten much worse. I may not be able to play much longer the game is eating up too much time.

CaroleSB
Jun 09 2010, 06:30 AM

Last night, I had 600 broccoli (getting ready for those veggie snacks :o). I hired the harvest, and saw the plots left behind like you saw. But, when I reloaded, I had all 600 in storage and my worker also received 60 for her 10% bonus. So, while the plots were an aggravation, at least both of us got all the crops we were supposed to get.....thankfully!! :)

damichcoop
Jun 09 2010, 06:45 AM
Kudos to the developers.

FB legal age is 16. My daughter is dying to have her own account (especially when friends at school already have one) so she can farm and fight dragons with me. But she's got 6 years till she's legal! My Space, IIRC, is 14. Either way, I have no problem with alcohol in the game, it's not like the point of the wineries is to see how drunk you can get.

The legal age for Facebook is 13. You can sign up for your own account at that age, but I know a lot of kids that get one by just making up a fake birthday. I don't have a problem with younger kids having an account, as long as it's monitored by their parent.s

CynthiaSue
Jun 09 2010, 07:01 AM
Does anyone have the sewing facility. I would kind of like to see the details of its productions before using my farmcash to buy it and haven't noticed it yet at any neighbors farms.

Lavenda
Jun 09 2010, 07:07 AM
Last night, I had 600 broccoli (getting ready for those veggie snacks :o). I hired the harvest, and saw the plots left behind like you saw. But, when I reloaded, I had all 600 in storage and my worker also received 60 for her 10% bonus. So, while the plots were an aggravation, at least both of us got all the crops we were supposed to get.....thankfully!! :)

yeah this glitch isn't short-changing anyone's crops, it is just a little annoying and I am sure it should be happening (and if it is - can something be done so it doesn't happen?)

jesdreher
Jun 09 2010, 07:08 AM
Does anyone have the sewing facility. I would kind of like to see the details of its productions before using my farmcash to buy it and haven't noticed it yet at any neighbors farms.

I do.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1030303265&farm_ix=0