PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- June 18th, 2010

Pages : 1 [2] 3

chinds97
Jun 19 2010, 08:58 PM
I have to say.. the upgrades may be good, but they are pissing me off! You can't get into anything you can't see people in the marketplace you can't find your hires and clicking each and every animal is a real pain it has taken over 6 hours now to transfer this that and the other thing to the barns or whatever.
Add that instead of doing this why not add more levels for us that are 500,000 xp points above the ones that are now at level 90 from your last upgrade it's really not fair to all of us that are so high up.
Another thing is the fact that not everyone can afford to buy farm cash at this day in age we're lucky to keep up with the bills.... help us out

stealthaz
Jun 19 2010, 09:04 PM
It would be great if we could eventually harvest our pigs, buy a sausage maker so that we could make our own sausage. How about it?

SunnyD
Jun 19 2010, 09:05 PM
actually I would like to get $1.00 Farm Cash for every time I read complaints about not getting Farm Cash..... LOL

servocrow
Jun 19 2010, 09:07 PM
actually i would like to get $1.00 farm cash for every time i read complaints about not getting farm cash..... Lol

ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winnah!!!!

:d

farm town addiction
Jun 19 2010, 09:09 PM
I just want to say thank you so much .. all my wishes have now been granted.... you are all to be congratulated for your hard work and I for one am one happy farmer....i guess the only thing now is a change of clothes :) I have been playing this game now since fairly early on in the piece.. I remember how slow everything used to be and with only one little farm, only a few trees and about a half dozen crops to choose from...and none of the extras that are available now... and my overalls are getting a little thread bare....

I have one suggestion.. perhaps the items we buy with real cash could be returned for farm cash instead of coins.. even used as a trade in on a new item??? I have bought a number of the cash items and realise that one or 2 are not of that much use but I am stuck with them.... I would like to buy some of the newer ones and will purchase more cash eventually but it would be a nice incentive if I could get maybe half the value on something I don't want as a trade in on something new????
But again Kudos to the developers of the best game on FB!!!

AKSparkler
Jun 19 2010, 10:03 PM
Will there be shrimp as a possible gift item? :confused:

Randall_Lind
Jun 19 2010, 10:21 PM
$9.99 or $19.99 once in a while not going to kill you. Look at Mafia Wars it $$$$$$ for everything FT is like going to a Goodwill store compare to Zynga.

I just hope they fix all the load and hire issues cause by the 6/18 update.

Roma
Jun 19 2010, 10:28 PM
I went to market to sell my products, and noticed the little ? box on the baked tilapia and grilled mahi mahi. I clicked on them and they said we can make ice cream from these????? I clicked on my ice cream factory and there is only the usual 6 ice creams. Was this a glitch or is there something coming later?

I knew there was going to be something having to do with seafood/sushi, so I have been saving my rice and fish. Thanks for proving me right! And the coffee grinder! Great updates! Thanks!

snow_angel
Jun 19 2010, 10:43 PM
I went to market to sell my products, and noticed the little ? box on the baked tilapia and grilled mahi mahi. I clicked on them and they said we can make ice cream from these????? I clicked on my ice cream factory and there is only the usual 6 ice creams. Was this a glitch or is there something coming later?

I knew there was going to be something having to do with seafood/sushi, so I have been saving my rice and fish. Thanks for proving me right! And the coffee grinder! Great updates! Thanks!

Fish ice cream ewwwwwwwwwwww

Tuckertbnc
Jun 19 2010, 11:23 PM
[QUOTE=bob07;3631578]Thanks for the update, I spent several hours putting in Dairy Sheds on my other 3 farms and moving cows around until I had 50 in each shed and the rest staying on Farm 1, net result 400 cows before, 276 cows after. Where did the other 124 cows go? During the process the storage was never accurate, it would show 5 cows in storage but not let you remove any for example. I finished, logged out and let it stabilize and came back to see to see 124 cows missing. I did not move any Dairy Sheds.

Thanks if you can helpout

This happened with me too ... spent all day today off and on moving > storing , before starting I had over 250 sheep , ended up having to buy more because quite a few went missing (a few had had to be sold to be moved >refused to be put in either shed or storage) ........ before I started putting the critters in buildings and into storage I had over 130cows and over 150 hens and lost over 30 of each .......
I LOVE the new stuff ... not going to sweat the missing > the new gift exchange will remedy the losses soon enough ... Thanks greatly to the developers who came up with that!!! ....and I don't see how anyone can't afford $5 every once in awhile for Farm$s for such a enjoyable game ... heck I even gifted a neighbor the wine cellar the other day to 'help' her along ...

Thanks again to ALL the developers

speedmonkey
Jun 19 2010, 11:26 PM
Not planning to get the coffee mill facility, but just wondering if the ground coffee will have new uses other than for making coffee ice cream (which, BTW, has always seemed a strange ingredient for making coffee ice cream -- wouldn't a syrup made from a strong brewed coffee be more real?)

Yo do realize that this is a video game right? It doesn't have to be realistic and you concerns about "factory farming" really don't make a whole lot of sense given the fact that this IS A VIDEO GAME! If you are not going to use the new facilities (as you stated about the coffee grinder) then why complain if those that want to use it are happy with its functionality?

Our devs are hard at work trying to give us what we ask for and it seems rather inappropriate to complain about what they give us. They cannot and will never be able to please all Farm Town users. If you don't plan to use some feature that they give us great-don't use it but don't come and complain about it either!

Not trying to be rude but if we wanted reality we could go buy real cows and coffee ice cream then real world concerns might apply.

MJR
TY..now that we can add animals to sheds or put in storage I have a ?...if the animals re in a shed can we put the shed in storage to move to another farm without losing the animals inside?...TY

Narcyssa
Wonderful new additions, sadly coffee is disappearing from the grider and seafood from the seafood resteraunt, each time I've loaded the factories the pending items disappear and are also gone from my main inventory. Any ideas on how long before this is fixed? I won't load either of the factories again obviously but spent a pretty penny for them to be just eye candy :(

speedmonkey
Jun 19 2010, 11:37 PM
Love the new stuff, however I have not been able to use the gift exchange . I click the link but nothing happens. I use FireFox browser if that makes a diff.

I also use Firefox and have not difficulty at all with the gift exchange. I just click the exchange link and it pops up with the list of options. I pick the one I want and click exchange and POOF the gift I wanted is in my gift box.

speedmonkey
Jun 19 2010, 11:51 PM
My problem still is this... you have all of us that are way over 1mil mark and we are stuck at level 90 whiule people that have like 750,000 are at the same level as us, as for all the items with farm cash now it's just not fair when we have over $100mil in coins and I'm sorry but like most I cannot afford to be paying out for farm cash at this point.
10 levels at a time aren't cutting it at this point, alot of us bust our humps on a daily basis with our farms and others are just riding along doing nothing and getting everything out of it

It is a video game you are supposed to play because it is fun not to bust your hump and then be mad because you leveled up to fast. Those of us with less than 1 million coin are working on our farms to but we do it because it is fun! I agree that using real money on a video game is not always doable but I am sure that the devs are working their little developing butts of to make something happen for all of those who play. Why can't every one just be thankful that they are listening to our ideas and implementing what they can when they can. It is not like all of these great new things happen over night. SOMEBODY somewhere is busting their hump so that you can complain that they are not doing enough!

speedmonkey
Jun 19 2010, 11:55 PM
ok what is the DB: W68, MPS:F5 notation at the bottom of some of our posts? If anyone could tell me what that means I would appreciate it.

speedmonkey
Jun 20 2010, 12:13 AM
I have not had any invisibility problems before but since the update yesterday when I am hired by people or if I hire other people the disappear almost instantly. I can't hire them to plow once they have harvested and half the time I have to reload to be able to go to my other farms. There is nothing wrong with my computer I know this because I keep my browser cache cleaned and it is happening on every computer in the house and my sister is having the same problem and she lives in another county. When trying to get jobs in the market it says loading farm forever but doesn't take me anywhere. When I do manage to get a job either I disappear and they can't see me or they disappear and I can't see them. We are losing jobs because we can't gt back to where we were after we reload. It takes forever to get any jobs done at our neighbors farms due to the constant need to reload and then go back to their farms.

I am loving the new features but getting really frustrated. This is the one thing I turn to as relaxation and a break from the problems of the real world and now the problems are creating more stress and irritation than relaxation. Please help us out here! I just spent real money on this game and now can't use any of the things that I bought half the time.

Is there any information that I can submit that will help diagnose this problem?

AKSparkler
Jun 20 2010, 12:14 AM
I've spent my fair share on games, 10 or 20 bucks won't kill me your correct. I wasn't complaining, I was asking. There are many items that can be sent from neighbors that you can't buy yourself, but if you have the right facility you can make. Some people can't get those facilities right away and being able to get some of the items from neighbors is helpful as in the shrimp. It was again, a question/suggestion. Not a gripe, complaint or anything else.

LainyLvsJJ48
Jun 20 2010, 12:26 AM
Ok, all these people complaining. If it bothers you so much, then don't play the game. I am going out of my way to do a ton of offers to get the FC to get these buildings. There are other options than just loading up your credit card. Remember when there weren't those offers? Yea, that was a bad time, and I could see the complaint them. I would love more levels, just because once all leveled up, it did get a bit boring after trying out alll my new facilities....lol. And not all of us can slow down on the leveling up considering that we have been playing this game since the beginning. So we DO level up a lot faster, and as fast as those FC roll in they are spent. So enough with the bickering, let FT do their thing and be happy or not. I remember asking for a log cabin and they made one. They DO listen and try, and this is the best game on FB period!!!

Deb NZ
Jun 20 2010, 12:27 AM
TY..now that we can add animals to sheds or put in storage I have a ?...if the animals re in a shed can we put the shed in storage to move to another farm without losing the animals inside?...TY

NO you will lose the animals!

Hallets
Jun 20 2010, 12:38 AM
Was really excited about being able to put all my animals in their buildings UNTIL! I went to move them... now I have NO animals!!!!!
Their buildings are showing up as NO ANIMALS TO HARVEST but it says 100% ready to harvest..
NOT!!!!! going to be happy if I've lost all my animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad:

SunnyD
Jun 20 2010, 12:40 AM
Was really excited about being able to put all my animals in their buildings UNTIL! I went to move them... now I have NO animals!!!!!
Their buildings are showing up as NO ANIMALS TO HARVEST but it says 100% ready to harvest..
NOT!!!!! going to be happy if I've lost all my animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad:

If you moved your buildings to another farm with the animals in them... someone said if you did loose them and put the buildings back on the farm you had them on before being moved you will get the animals back......... i haven't done that but try it.. can't hurt......

SueW170
Jun 20 2010, 12:42 AM
I don't consider your comments rude at all and yes, of course I realize that this is a game and I am not "complaining," merely commenting and exchanging comments with others. One person, in fact, explained that in the real world, coffee ice cream is made from ground coffee, by the way.
As for fish farming, another person (in this or one of the other threads) had brought that point up first.
One of the fun aspects of FT has been that, unlike that "ville" game, it's stayed a bit more realistic in design and concept.
And, no, I wouldn't expect any game to actually replicate reality.
Thanks for your perspective on FT.

Yo do realize that this is a video game right? It doesn't have to be realistic and you concerns about "factory farming" really don't make a whole lot of sense given the fact that this IS A VIDEO GAME! If you are not going to use the new facilities (as you stated about the coffee grinder) then why complain if those that want to use it are happy with its functionality?

Our devs are hard at work trying to give us what we ask for and it seems rather inappropriate to complain about what they give us. They cannot and will never be able to please all Farm Town users. If you don't plan to use some feature that they give us great-don't use it but don't come and complain about it either!

Not trying to be rude but if we wanted reality we could go buy real cows and coffee ice cream then real world concerns might apply.

SueW170
Jun 20 2010, 12:47 AM
Despite how smoothly FT generally functions, we need to remember that it is a BETA application and as such, a few glitches are to be expected when updates come out. We can be helpful to the developers (and patient) by bringing these glitches to the attention of the mods here who will report to the developers. We can also use the "Report" link below the ads on the FT screen and report problems.

I have not had any invisibility problems before but since the update yesterday when I am hired by people or if I hire other people the disappear almost instantly. I can't hire them to plow once they have harvested and half the time I have to reload to be able to go to my other farms. There is nothing wrong with my computer I know this because I keep my browser cache cleaned and it is happening on every computer in the house and my sister is having the same problem and she lives in another county. When trying to get jobs in the market it says loading farm forever but doesn't take me anywhere. When I do manage to get a job either I disappear and they can't see me or they disappear and I can't see them. We are losing jobs because we can't gt back to where we were after we reload. It takes forever to get any jobs done at our neighbors farms due to the constant need to reload and then go back to their farms.

I am loving the new features but getting really frustrated. This is the one thing I turn to as relaxation and a break from the problems of the real world and now the problems are creating more stress and irritation than relaxation. Please help us out here! I just spent real money on this game and now can't use any of the things that I bought half the time.

Is there any information that I can submit that will help diagnose this problem?

amanda1955
Jun 20 2010, 01:18 AM
I agree I have spent real cash to buy factories, well worth it, but we definetely need more farms to keep us going, hope they will keep adding them. I love the new FT where is the place for Farm Town withdrawels.....so addictive....

sunryse
Jun 20 2010, 01:20 AM
I LOVE THESE CHANGES!! Farmtown is my new favorite Facebook game (again).

Only one thing that cracks me up... On the ? button for the Seafood Restaurant and here too, you have added an "S" to Shrimp.

Shrimp is the usage for singular and plural. I keep expecting to see 'fishes' or 'gooses', LOL

Charo
Jun 20 2010, 01:37 AM
Oh, one other thing... THANK YOU for using realistic looking buildings and no fairy tale coloring-book architecture.

Jack_W
Jun 20 2010, 01:38 AM
Best. Update. Evarrr. ;)

speedmonkey
Jun 20 2010, 01:46 AM
Despite how smoothly FT generally functions, we need to remember that it is a BETA application and as such, a few glitches are to be expected when updates come out. We can be helpful to the developers (and patient) by bringing these glitches to the attention of the mods here who will report to the developers. We can also use the "Report" link below the ads on the FT screen and report problems.

I realize that it is a beta application and I am posting this here so that the mods can take the information to the devs (hence that is why I asked if there was any more information that I could submit to them to help diagnose the problem). I am being patient as I understand that updates can cause problems. I have an add block program and apparently it blocks out this "Report" link even though I can't see this link with the ad block disabled. I also posted such a very detailed message so that they would have as much information as I could give them. I was also hoping that others having the same problems might be able to find some answers from the devs or mods here without having to search all over since it seems the problem only started after the update it made logical sense to me to put it in the update thread.

As I said not trying to complain because I love what they have done but it is all for naught if we can't use it!

Hallets
Jun 20 2010, 02:30 AM
THANK U VERY F MUCH... I HAVE JUST LOST 48 COWS AND A HEAP OF CHICKENS AND 30 LLAMAS COS U DIDN"T PUT A ****
WARNING ON MOVING THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The Dalai Farmer
Jun 20 2010, 02:33 AM
I'd settle for being able to hire someone without being dumped out.

speedmonkey
Jun 20 2010, 03:03 AM
THANK U VERY F MUCH... I HAVE JUST LOST 48 COWS AND A HEAP OF CHICKENS AND 30 LLAMAS COS U DIDN"T PUT A ****
WARNING ON MOVING THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just move it back to the farm you had it on originally and your animals should show back up. Then take them out and put them and the building in storage and move them to the farm you want them on. You can only have one of each type of "animal house" on each farm.

Aero 1
Jun 20 2010, 03:13 AM
Never had problems with ft until this update and now there are just too many to mention or be coping with. Please please fix them:mad:

luney69
Jun 20 2010, 03:24 AM
thanks for all the great new items and things you guys are putting in, its wonderful!:D

]Helen
Jun 20 2010, 03:45 AM
Loving the new update, obviously there are a few teething problems atm which I'm sure will get sorted, but all in all its great, thanks :)

TraceyMush
Jun 20 2010, 04:32 AM
Has anyone compiled a list yet of the facilities and prerequisites needed to complete each 'line'?

n4st4 royales div4
Jun 20 2010, 04:45 AM
Hi all, yes this is all great, but when will the glitches this has caused settle down, marketplace isnt working properly, we seem to be able to type but are invisble, us lower levels cant get work for 2 days now, when u are visble and get invited u gio know where and if u are invited and harvest u r then invisble and they cant see u to be able to plow,

deballen
Jun 20 2010, 04:54 AM
I put my sheep and llamas in the wool shed and I had over 50 in there and the building only shows 3. Also I cannot get more then 23-25 animals in the other building.

Zanza
Jun 20 2010, 05:14 AM
HEY wondeful Devs team, instead of eventually adding a fifth farm possibility, why don't you just made the fourth farm updates decently affordable (as were farm 2 and farm 3) ?

I mean 1-5 millions for every update is quite reasonable, but 15'000'000 and then 20'000'000 and finally 30'000'000 is totally insane to move only from 18x18 to 24x24 farm....

Randall_Lind
Jun 20 2010, 06:43 AM
HEY wondeful Devs team, instead of eventually adding a fifth farm possibility, why don't you just made the fourth farm updates decently affordable (as were farm 2 and farm 3) ?

I mean 1-5 millions for every update is quite reasonable, but 15'000'000 and then 20'000'000 and finally 30'000'000 is totally insane to move only from 18x18 to 24x24 farm....

When you got 64 million what else are you going to buy? The game lags cause no one wants to buy anything. You play 24/7 spending $9.99 or 19.99 to buy FT $$ so they can fix the servers isn't much they are asking you think?

Yes they want to make $$ also but unlike Zynga they really care about the users and I believe a good portion of the $$ is going back in to the game.

I spent $50 this month and got everything that was until the 18th update. I may get the seafood stuff soon but I need a Farm 5 for a tree farm.

Yea $50 is a bit much but after the Winery came out I wanted the wine cellar then I was like screw it I might as well buy them all. I make $3-5 million every couple days now. So good investment.

jackie's farm
Jun 20 2010, 07:31 AM
You just keep getting better! Thank you!
Still holding out for one more thing...a coffee shop!

TsunamiVince
Jun 20 2010, 07:54 AM
I always disconnect before feeding factories because I'm sick and tired of getting "CONNECT TO SERVER" errors when trying to queue up a lot of factory work.

Guess what? WHEN DISCONNECTED I NOW GET "CONNECTION TO SERVER LOST" ERRORS!!! What? I'm disconnected specifically so I can queue up factory work and not get these stupid errors. I'M DISCONNECTED, HOW CAN I LOSE THE SERVER CONNECTION??

katrenco
Jun 20 2010, 08:02 AM
Yea $50 is a bit much but ...... I make $3-5 million every couple days now. So good investment.

Really? I mean....SERIOUSLY???

uneekrose
Jun 20 2010, 08:39 AM
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the framtown creators. I love all the new stuff, thank you for letting me clear the animals off of my farm, really makes a difference. I'll be lost in farmtown forever playing.
Just one more request though, how about an option for a quick delete tool?

farmermuff
Jun 20 2010, 09:03 AM
If we have more than one dairy shed or chicken coop on one farm can we store more animals?

Storing the animals in facilities is a noble idea but 40-50 limit per isnt going to cut it. I think I've got over 200 cows. Storing a quarter of them isnt going to help people load my farm any faster.

batty
Jun 20 2010, 09:46 AM
Great new stuff, but please fix the hiring and invisibility problems soon!

fayeday
Jun 20 2010, 10:06 AM
I have done all you said in other posts -- still not working? Any suggestions please would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

arizonagal
Jun 20 2010, 10:11 AM
I know this will sound foolish however, does anyone know when the problems will be fixed for hiring people???

The only reason is I am now having to harvesting and plow my own farms because the game will not allow me to hire people in the market place or anywhere else for that matter.

I lost a whole field ALMOST 24X24 field of raspberry's last night because I was trying and trying to hire people and then the darn things finally died on me. So that is why I am now just harvesting and plowing myself. I do go in and try 6 or 7 times to hire someone but if it doesn't work I go back to my farm and do it myself now.

Also I keep getting an error almost every time I try to hire someone this is what is say:
__________________________________________________ __
Error saving data Error X025 Click the green tick to reload game

and it does reload the game right from the start I get booted out of the marketplace and taken right back to my farm and I have to start from scratch.

:)As for the upgrades wonderful idea I love the storage for the animals and I am so glade I can move my animals from farm to farm and when someone gives me a gift I do not like I can get rid of it ACE Num.1. Thank you. :D

Have a good Fathers day to all you daddy's and mom/daddy's

Arizona Gal AKA Arizona Wolf

iammon1
Jun 20 2010, 10:17 AM
Hi all.. I do not see a produce faster botton on my fishing factory... is it that way for everyone or do i have a defective fish farm

CynthiaSue
Jun 20 2010, 10:30 AM
i just 14400 coffee filled grinder to max posted and all had disappeared
help devs what happened to my coffee

I am pretty sure I lost some coffee too as I filled it to the max, but when I went to unload it, it was empty. So I looked in storage to see if I had the full amount there, but it was under 1000, can't remember exact figure. I didn't have an coffee icecream making or any in storage, so I figured I lost some. Didn't know though if it took my coffee beans or not, as I didn't know how many I had before filling the facility. Just know I had filled it to capacity at one time.

cindilev
Jun 20 2010, 10:47 AM
How do you hire someone to fish your farm?

cindilev
Jun 20 2010, 10:50 AM
Hey there,

Here is a list of the recent updates to FarmTown, including yesterday's release as well:

1. Father's Day items, to send as gift and to purchase at the store.

2. You can now transfer your animals between your farms by adding them to the Item Storage like the rest of the items.

3. You can now move most of the animals to buildings to avoid having too many animals on a farm and make the game faster and gain some space. You can move up to 50 animals of each type to their buildings. Here is the animal list and the buildings to which they can be moved:

Hen, Guese, Chicken, Rooster, Turkey -> Chicken Coop
Cow, Goat -> Dairy Shed
Sheep, llama -> Wool Shed
Horse, Donkey -> Any of the Stables
Dog -> Dog House
Pig -> Pigsty

The harvest functionality hasn't changed with this release, for instance, if you have 10 hens on the farm and 10 on the Chicken Coop, when you harvest you will harvest all at once (10 + 10), like before.

4. Animals' functionalities have been optimized. If you have a lot of animals, you can move most of them to buildings and still leave some on the farm if you like how they look on the farm (without freezing them). It shouldn't make the game slower now, 20-50 animals on a farm should be OK.

5. Gift Trading: This feature should make the gifting functionality on the game much easier. When you receive a gift, if you don't like it, the Mayor will offer you to exchange it for another gift on that same page, no reloading required.

6. Coffee Grinder (Coins): Allows you to produce Ground Coffee from the Coffee in your storage

7. Fish Farming Plant (28FC): Allows you to produce containers of Shrimps, Mussels, Scallops and Oysters

8. Sushi Restaurant (Coins): Allows you to produce different types of Sushi:

- Carp Sushi
- Mackerel Sushi
- Eel Sushi
- Salmon Sushi
- California Rolls
- Rainbow Rolls

9. Seafood Restaurant (32FC): Allows you to produce different types of Seafood dishes:

- Oyster Shooters
- Baked Tilapia
- Grilled Mahi Mahi
- Grilled Swordfish
- Seafood Mix
- Supreme Seafood Mix

Enjoy!

--Raul

Please tell me how to hire someone to fish my farm?

tabitha532002
Jun 20 2010, 10:59 AM
LOVE all the upgrades, gonna get all the seafood stuff awesome. BUT i'm having some problems with 4x tools and neighbor disappearing

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 20 2010, 11:02 AM
How do you hire someone to fish your farm?

You click a person and click "hire to fish".

mt1946
Jun 20 2010, 11:06 AM
I put all my animals in their appropriate buildings, then I moved the buildings to another farm via storage and now ALL my animals are GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can someone help please ????

Grumpa
Jun 20 2010, 11:17 AM
I have to say.. the upgrades may be good, but they are pissing me off! You can't get into anything you can't see people in the marketplace you can't find your hires and clicking each and every animal is a real pain it has taken over 6 hours now to transfer this that and the other thing to the barns or whatever.
Add that instead of doing this why not add more levels for us that are 500,000 xp points above the ones that are now at level 90 from your last upgrade it's really not fair to all of us that are so high up.
Another thing is the fact that not everyone can afford to buy farm cash at this day in age we're lucky to keep up with the bills.... help us out

Why do you think that a game has to be fair to everyone.

Is football fair to every team.

NO it isn't. One team must loose. That is not fair.

Grumpa
Jun 20 2010, 11:19 AM
actually I would like to get $1.00 Farm Cash for every time I read complaints about not getting Farm Cash..... LOL

I will settle for 10 cents farm cash. would be rolling in farm cash now.:D

azcindy58
Jun 20 2010, 11:19 AM
I did the gift trading today and lot all my gifts do you know why

M-Mouse
Jun 20 2010, 11:24 AM
Not sure what you have done, but it's turned it into a bag of shite today!

servocrow
Jun 20 2010, 11:25 AM
I did notice something a bit hinky today. I was moving flowers from one farm to another. I put them in storage, moved them into the other farm, but the counter did not go down in storage. I reloaded the game and it recalculated everything fine, but just wanted to let you all know this was happening too.

Also got to do the Gift-trading option today for the first time and WOOT!! It worked perfectly for me!! That is GREAT!!!

SunnyD
Jun 20 2010, 11:25 AM
LOVE all the upgrades, gonna get all the seafood stuff awesome. BUT i'm having some problems with 4x tools and neighbor disappearing

check your preferences tab for the tools.... (the wrench top, right) make sure that "Remove Space Between Fields" has a check mark.......

visibility issues are being worked on i am sure the Dev's know about this......I have been just harvesting and plowing my own farms...... I did plant long term crops figuring it will take a couple of days to fix this issue......

SunnyD
Jun 20 2010, 11:27 AM
I put all my animals in their appropriate buildings, then I moved the buildings to another farm via storage and now ALL my animals are GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can someone help please ????

put your buildings back on the farm you moved from... your animals should re-appear..... then put them in storage to move them and the buildings where you want them to go.......I tried this with my dog and dog house and it worked......

Grumpa
Jun 20 2010, 11:45 AM
Never had problems with ft until this update and now there are just too many to mention or be coping with. Please please fix them:mad:

You could always stop playing for a while and see if that fixes them>:cool:

islandstylin
Jun 20 2010, 11:50 AM
You need to click on the exchange link at the right of your choice. Don't make the mistake that I did this morning and choose the link at the bottom or you will lose the gift that you want.

I have done it the correct way yesterday but forgot myself when in my hurry collecting gifts and chose the wrong link.

yes i understand that, but it not even taking me to the gift exchange page.:(

benbrandon
Jun 20 2010, 11:51 AM
make the (fc) facilities able to buy with coins as well its not fair to the ones that dont want to spend real money for fake money like myself but wants the (FC) factories.

Grumpa
Jun 20 2010, 11:54 AM
make the (fc) facilities able to buy with coins as well its not fair to the ones that dont want to spend real money for fake money like myself but wants the (FC) factories.

As they say "Life is not fair."

If you don't want to send real money for the game, Just go to walmart and buy a computer game there to play. I know they sell them. :)

PRT
Jun 20 2010, 11:57 AM
I agree w/ the life is not fair. This is a game :) I only have facilities I can pay coins for - although I would like some of the others - but I'd like my farm coins turned into real coins too and that's not about to happen. I did have 43 farm cash and decided to upgrade my fourth farm all the way rather than buy another facility. Everyone plays differently.

TsunamiVince
Jun 20 2010, 12:02 PM
No one can work the fish plant on a work request.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 20 2010, 12:03 PM
No one can work the fish plant on a work request.

That is because there is no produce faster button on the fish plant.

ohiosweetheart
Jun 20 2010, 12:20 PM
When you got 64 million what else are you going to buy? The game lags cause no one wants to buy anything. You play 24/7 spending $9.99 or 19.99 to buy FT $$ so they can fix the servers isn't much they are asking you think?

Yes they want to make $$ also but unlike Zynga they really care about the users and I believe a good portion of the $$ is going back in to the game.

I spent $50 this month and got everything that was until the 18th update. I may get the seafood stuff soon but I need a Farm 5 for a tree farm.

Yea $50 is a bit much but after the Winery came out I wanted the wine cellar then I was like screw it I might as well buy them all. I make $3-5 million every couple days now. So good investment.I could not agree with you more.

Never had problems with ft until this update and now there are just too many to mention or be coping with. Please please fix them:mad: The update just came out. I'm sure they'll be fixing the new bugs soon. I've not had a single issue, myself.

You could always stop playing for a while and see if that fixes them>:cool:Not exactly helpful. You sure live up to your username, dontcha. ;)

jennieileen
Jun 20 2010, 12:33 PM
thanks Raul .. for for the new updates.. i am level 90 and 4 full farms.. and proud of it.. great fun

calliopejane
Jun 20 2010, 01:00 PM
Fantastic stuff! I would like to request that perhaps lobster could please be added to the gifts? Or maybe be something you can get out of the small seacoast? Or raise in the fish farm? I don't really want the large seacoast, have no place I'd want to add it, but would like to be able to offer the lobster in my seafood restaurant!

(Note that I'm not complaining that things cost FC, I've bought cash & recently used it for both the seafood restaurant and the fish farm. I'm not *complaining* at all, just *hoping* to get lobster some other way!)

speedmonkey
Jun 20 2010, 02:27 PM
Has anyone compiled a list yet of the facilities and prerequisites needed to complete each 'line'?

I am working on one but it is a lot more in depth than just a list or the prerequisites for just the facilities. I know that some place in the forum I found a list that was current up to the June 7 update so you might look around in the forum post under that update.

speedmonkey
Jun 20 2010, 02:32 PM
If we have more than one dairy shed or chicken coop on one farm can we store more animals?

Storing the animals in facilities is a noble idea but 40-50 limit per isnt going to cut it. I think I've got over 200 cows. Storing a quarter of them isnt going to help people load my farm any faster.

You can have more than on dairy shed and chicken coop but they have to be on separate farms. And heaven forbid please DO NOT put your animals in the building and then put the building in storage and try and move it that way. Put the animals in storage separate from the building and add the building to storage or wait until you are at the farm you want it on to by it. If you put the animals in the building before putting it in storage you will not be able to find your animals after and then there will be another angry post in here because people are not reading the previous post on how to move their animals. You can also put 50 animals of each type into your building. So 50 chickens and 50 geese and so on like that.

StoneFace
Jun 20 2010, 02:35 PM
Really? I mean....SERIOUSLY???

Big bucks in the cellar/winery

I have a winery at each of four farms, and one cellar. And for a few days, I only planted the two grapes... nothing else.... and built up an inventory.

I replenish the winery(s) and cellar a couple times a day, and publish it as being re-stocked.

I clear well over 3 million per day for the 4 farms....... and I have two emails with 4 farms each. Both are doing this....

Counting what I "work" at a couple other winery/cellar farms, the total is over 4 mill per day.

:D:D:D:D:D

speedmonkey
Jun 20 2010, 02:36 PM
Please go back through and read the post in this forum if you are having problems with your animals disappearing after you put them in a building and then put the building in storage. It has been explained multiple time through out the last 32 pages on how to correct the problem and how to avoid it all together.

The answers are here in the forum if you are willing to look for them! :)

weezieg
Jun 20 2010, 02:39 PM
I am not getting my ground coffee... I had about 600 coffee beans in storage and so I tried the coffee mill.... every time I go there it says there is nothing doing in the mill at this time..... so where is my coffee going??? I have 106 coffee beans left in storage and now I'm afraid to use them..
Is there a glitch in the system???

TsunamiVince
Jun 20 2010, 04:09 PM
That is because there is no produce faster button on the fish plant.

...and why is that?

Tamblyne
Jun 20 2010, 04:20 PM
Not exactly helpful. You sure live up to your username, dontcha. ;)

Actually, I thought it was quite helpful and pretty good advice. Things seem to be pretty messed up right now. I don't see the point of checking every five minutes. "Is it fixed yet?! Is it fixed yet?!" or coming here to complain that it's not working. I already know it's not working -- I can't get my crops harvested because I can't hire anyone to do it for me, and can't get logged on long enough to do it myself. Seems to me the solution to that is to take a couple days off. :-)

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 20 2010, 04:20 PM
...and why is that?

It's much like the semi-trailer...you have no produce faster on that either.

I don't know why (the devs made it that way! :D ) they made it that way, but perhaps it has to do with the farmer themselves using their own coins to produce the stuff.

TsunamiVince
Jun 20 2010, 04:30 PM
When I go to the ice cream plant, I don't see "mahi mahi" ice cream. Not sure what's up with that. :p

This is stated in the "?" when in market/storage on the plates that come out of the seafood restaurant.

Farmer_Susan
Jun 20 2010, 04:59 PM
ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winnah!!!!

:d

Ha! Yeah, I liked it, too. :)

speedmonkey
Jun 20 2010, 06:28 PM
My animals are disappearing too - just lost 17 hens from farm #2 - I've been checking them every few hours after reading the posts here.

Did you put the animals in the coop and then move it to storage, or did you put the animals in storage and then put them in the coop on the other farm?

speedmonkey
Jun 20 2010, 06:30 PM
When I go to the ice cream plant, I don't see "mahi mahi" ice cream. Not sure what's up with that. :p

This is stated in the "?" when in market/storage on the plates that come out of the seafood restaurant.

I think the fish ice cream is made in one of the new fish facilities. Like maybe the sushi place or the fish processing plant.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 20 2010, 06:37 PM
I think the fish ice cream is made in one of the new fish facilities. Like maybe the sushi place or the fish processing plant.

Lol, there is no fish ice cream.

When you click on finished oyster shooters, there is a ? mark like the products that can be used in other facilities. Click it and it says you can use oyster shooters in the ice cream facility.

Rosie the farmer
Jun 20 2010, 07:03 PM
Can someone tell me where the seacoast facility is for getting lobster and crab??

Is it not released yet? (today is June 20)

I have a seafood restaurant but to produce high value stuff at the seafood restaurant I need lobster and crab and I don't see that under facilities.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 20 2010, 07:07 PM
Can someone tell me where the seacoast facility is for getting lobster and crab??

Is it not released yet? (today is June 20)

I have a seafood restaurant but to produce high value stuff at the seafood restaurant I need lobster and crab and I don't see that under facilities.

Crab are found in both sea coasts.

Lobster is in the big sea coast.

Rosie the farmer
Jun 20 2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks ... I finally found the seacoasts under the "PONDS" section in the store. I had been looking under "Facilities" to no avail.

Randall_Lind
Jun 20 2010, 08:03 PM
Why is every one mad at me? Don't pay for stuff then see if I care but you should stop complaining then.

If you want the stuff buy if not then don't not like they don't have free factories.

Aussiedell
Jun 20 2010, 08:37 PM
I have 4 cows that are frozen and I can't click on them to move or anything the rest move around fine any way to fix this?
I had this problem, I had a cow and a goat stuck on a crop and couldn't do anything with them until the crop was ready and the harvest was done. After that they were back to normal and I could move them.

jmdoda4438@comcast.net
Jun 20 2010, 08:42 PM
Love all the new stuff, however, after I load my facillities and ask for help I notice everything I had in the seafood and sushi restaurant is gone. I get the message nothing is being produced now. Anyone else have this problem? I fished like crazy to get the ingredients and then have nothing not to mention the waste of the veggies!

Toranut97
Jun 20 2010, 08:56 PM
Fantastic stuff! I would like to request that perhaps lobster could please be added to the gifts? Or maybe be something you can get out of the small seacoast? Or raise in the fish farm? I don't really want the large seacoast, have no place I'd want to add it, but would like to be able to offer the lobster in my seafood restaurant!

(Note that I'm not complaining that things cost FC, I've bought cash & recently used it for both the seafood restaurant and the fish farm. I'm not *complaining* at all, just *hoping* to get lobster some other way!)

Go to the market, get someone to hire you to fish the seacoast for them. You get a share from the mayor for your efforts. You shoud get the lobster etc. as you catch them for others.

Toranut97
Jun 20 2010, 08:56 PM
Just want to say that Grumpa is my current favorite poster. He says the things I think!!!

JAS0643
Jun 20 2010, 09:38 PM
I was just looking at the coffee grinder and I think the amounts for the batch and units are off. You need 4 coffees to make a batch of coffee that produces 4 units of coffee. Okay here is the break down on cost and everything.

Coffee fields with plowing figured in.

4 coffee 170x4=680
1 batch of ground coffee sells for 780 coins
1 unit of ground coffee sells for 195 coins

That gives me a profit of 100 coins per batch or 25 coins per field of coffee.

That would make coffee the only product that you would make less per field by turning the harvest into a product then if you sold the harvest.

Even wheat, corn, and sugar cane that is turned into flour, corn flour, and sugar makes a good profit if sold and not turned into another product. With Coffee if you don't turn it into ice cream you lose a lot of money on it.

Can mod please ask the developers about this.

JAS0643
Jun 20 2010, 09:41 PM
Lol, there is no fish ice cream.

When you click on finished oyster shooters, there is a ? mark like the products that can be used in other facilities. Click it and it says you can use oyster shooters in the ice cream facility.

Could that be a hint of something to come or just a goof on the developers part. Personally I hope it was just a goof or a joke and they are not going to have oyster ice cream soon. :D

dcbland2000@yahoo.com
Jun 20 2010, 11:09 PM
Love the upgrades...but I've lost a lot of animals. Used to have 20 or so cows...now only have a couple. Same with sheep, llamas, and hens.

SunnyD
Jun 20 2010, 11:31 PM
Love the upgrades...but I've lost a lot of animals. Used to have 20 or so cows...now only have a couple. Same with sheep, llamas, and hens.

If you put your animals inside the facility and moved it they were left back on that original farm you moved the building from...... just move your building back to that farm and your animals will return......... if that is not the answer try too empty your cache and reload Farm Town.......

bearhair
Jun 21 2010, 12:14 AM
All info based on one UNIT, not batch
Example:
1 Apple pie needs: 1/15 x flour; 2/15 x sugar; 2/15 x apples
In other words:
15 Apple pies (1 batch) need: 1 x flour; 2 x sugar; 2 x apples

It's just the way I did it in order to calculate profit per unit.

Let me know if you spot something wrong.

Coffee Grinder
Ground coffee 4/4 x coffee << seems like this is a typo in the game & that it only takes 1 coffee to make 4 ground coffee units

Fish Farming Plant
Mussels 400 coins
Oysters 550 coins
Scallops 450 coins
Shrimp 500 coins

Seafood Restaurant
Baked tilapia
1/20 x swordfish
1/20 x potato
1/20 x asparagus

Grilled mahi mahi
1/10 x mahi mhi
1/10 x potato
1/10 x mushroom

Grilled swordfish
1/20 x swordfish
1/20 x potato
1/20 x asparagus

Oyster shooters
3/10 x oyster
1/10 x lemon

Seafood mix
1/10 x shrimp
1/10 x mussel
1/10 x scallop

Supreme seafood mix
1/5 x shrimp
1/5 x mussel
1/5 x scallop
5/5 x crab
5/5 x lobster

Sushi Restaurant
California roll
2/20 x rice
1/20 x cucumber
1/20 x avocado
4/20 x crab

Carp sushi
2/20 x rice
4/20 x carp

Eel sushi
2/20 x rice
4/20 x eel

Mackeral sushi
2/20 x rice
4/20 x mackeral

Rainbow roll
2/20 x rice
1/20 x cucumber
1/20 x avocado
4/20 x crab
1/20 x salmon
1/20 x tuna
1/20 x shrimp

Salmon sushi
2/20 x rice
4/20 x salmon

Beer Farmer
Jun 21 2010, 12:23 AM
I also use Firefox and have not difficulty at all with the gift exchange. I just click the exchange link and it pops up with the list of options. I pick the one I want and click exchange and POOF the gift I wanted is in my gift box.
Hmm... I play the App through Myspace, I'll guess you use Facebook? I've heard there are other issues when using Myspace to play.

bearhair
Jun 21 2010, 12:38 AM
The moderators and developers are all aware now that many of us are struggling with invisibility, inability to receive hire requests, and inability to jump to the hiring farm.

As a software developer myself, I always loaded changes to a system during the time of LOWEST activity. It seems as though these upgrades are rolled out on a Friday, which HAS to be the beginning of the highest activity, due to the weekend.

Is there a reason you choose to not roll the changes out on Monday or Tuesday?

I also HIGHLY recommend that when you do roll out changes, you add a popup like the Lottery announcement to everyone's farm so that they know an upgrade is occurring. The vast majority of the players have no idea what this Forum tab provides, and the Marketplace gets really ugly with ignorant whiners and complainers.

Thanks!

rvdebby
Jun 21 2010, 12:46 AM
Where do you get salmon?

rvdebby
Jun 21 2010, 12:47 AM
I don't see them in the rivers or the oceans?

BBW
Jun 21 2010, 12:50 AM
The moderators and developers are all aware now that many of us are struggling with invisibility, inability to receive hire requests, and inability to jump to the hiring farm.

As a software developer myself, I always loaded changes to a system during the time of LOWEST activity. It seems as though these upgrades are rolled out on a Friday, which HAS to be the beginning of the highest activity, due to the weekend.

Is there a reason you choose to not roll the changes out on Monday or Tuesday?

I also HIGHLY recommend that when you do roll out changes, you add a popup like the Lottery announcement to everyone's farm so that they know an upgrade is occurring. The vast majority of the players have no idea what this Forum tab provides, and the Marketplace gets really ugly with ignorant whiners and complainers.

Thanks!

Thank you! I was wondering if I was the only one having issues today. I agree, it would be nice to know when it is going to be slow/things not working properly, etc. I JUST found the forums not too long ago after playing the game pretty much since it came out on FB. I totally agree with what you said! Thanks! :-)

Aussiedell
Jun 21 2010, 01:07 AM
I was just looking at the coffee grinder and I think the amounts for the batch and units are off. You need 4 coffees to make a batch of coffee that produces 4 units of coffee. Okay here is the break down on cost and everything.

Coffee fields with plowing figured in.

4 coffee 170x4=680
1 batch of ground coffee sells for 780 coins
1 unit of ground coffee sells for 195 coins

That gives me a profit of 100 coins per batch or 25 coins per field of coffee.

That would make coffee the only product that you would make less per field by turning the harvest into a product then if you sold the harvest.

Even wheat, corn, and sugar cane that is turned into flour, corn flour, and sugar makes a good profit if sold and not turned into another product. With Coffee if you don't turn it into ice cream you lose a lot of money on it.

Can mod please ask the developers about this.

I thought the same as you when I first saw this, but it is just a mistake in the help tab. If you look to see how much coffee you have in storage, then go and click to do one batch of coffee, then go back and check your storage, it only takes 1 not 4. It had me worried as well and that is what I did to find out exactly how much is taken. Hope this helps :)

Rob T
Jun 21 2010, 01:11 AM
Where do you get salmon?

Salmon i believe is available in the big lake with boat & the small lake - $FC item

Tuna is available in the Big Sea Coast - $FC item

jleeper22
Jun 21 2010, 01:12 AM
Wish we were NOT having funtioning problems and experiencing lock ups and not able to chat. When will that be fixed?

kazzaqld
Jun 21 2010, 01:21 AM
Love all the new stuff, however, after I load my facillities and ask for help I notice everything I had in the seafood and sushi restaurant is gone. I get the message nothing is being produced now. Anyone else have this problem? I fished like crazy to get the ingredients and then have nothing not to mention the waste of the veggies!

The exact same thing has happened to me - grew rice and fished like crazy - loaded the sushi restaurant up this morning - got a little bit out of it - and come back this afternoon and it is ALL gone - and not in my storage either.

So disappointing. :( :mad:

I think the same thing happened with my coffee facility but I can't be sure.

menorah
Jun 21 2010, 02:07 AM
Hi all.. I do not see a produce faster botton on my fishing factory... is it that way for everyone or do i have a defective fish farm

neither do i. been wondering why this one facility doesn't have that button. could it be bec of the very small limit for production. just 3 cllicks and then you've reached your max. i don't know if that has anything to do with it though. paging devs please!

soupie4
Jun 21 2010, 02:11 AM
I was surprised to find several new taste sensations when I went to the marketplace to sell products from the seafood restaurant ..

All of the products from the restaurant had the green tick on them ... and when I clicked it, I was told I could make ice cream from that product ...:D

I'm assuming this is a bug .. ;)

Or hmmmmm .... I wonder..... Grilled Swordfish Icecream, Grilled Mahi-Mahi Icecream, Oyster Shooter Icecream .. etc? There is obviously a whole world out there of ice-cream delight that I am missing. :D

JAS0643
Jun 21 2010, 02:47 AM
I thought the same as you when I first saw this, but it is just a mistake in the help tab. If you look to see how much coffee you have in storage, then go and click to do one batch of coffee, then go back and check your storage, it only takes 1 not 4. It had me worried as well and that is what I did to find out exactly how much is taken. Hope this helps :)

Thanks I didn't notice that, but just checked it and your right it is only taking one coffee.

Or hmmmmm .... I wonder..... Grilled Swordfish Icecream, Grilled Mahi-Mahi Icecream, Oyster Shooter Icecream .. etc? There is obviously a whole world out there of ice-cream delight that I am missing. :D

It is a world of ice cream I'm going to stay away from. :D

Aussiedell
Jun 21 2010, 02:52 AM
Thanks I didn't notice that, but just checked it and your right it is only taking one coffee.

Your welcome, glad to help :)

CJ-WV
Jun 21 2010, 03:26 AM
Farm Town is so messed up and has been for 4 days now ... Please FIX it ..

Tony D
Jun 21 2010, 03:53 AM
Farm Town is so messed up and has been for 4 days now ... Please FIX it ..I am fairly certain the developers are trying to do just that :)

Aero 1
Jun 21 2010, 04:08 AM
OMG the game is unplayable since the last update PLEASE FIX IT:mad:

Kitty Foo Foo
Jun 21 2010, 04:21 AM
I understand after each new update, the glitches take time to be fixed. The glitches this round are just insane! Any estimate as to how long it's going to take to get them fixed? I barely have time to work anyone else's farms the last few days because I have to reload so many times just to hire someone to work my farm.

Here's the glitches I have noticed:

1. can't see people who I've hired.
2. can't hire people to do multiple farms without having to meet them at the inn
3. getting stuck on the "Loading user, marketplace, etc" screen
4. having to send out 6 hires before 1 shows up
5. can't leave notes for people that are not my neighbors

Don't get me wrong guys, I love the new stuff you added. But I'm thinking of going on "strike" for the next few days until you can get this fixed.

Aero 1
Jun 21 2010, 06:33 AM
others-

If you want to get something out of your store it takes ages and ages for the item list to run through as it is loading then you get error message then you have to re load then when your back try to get a cow out of store to move to another farm and bam store takes ages to load items list then error then have to re load AGAIN. I have never had problems before with the game it has always run smoothly for me all the problems others have been saying they have been having over the last year hasnt effected me but since thos last update the game is unplayable for me as it is taking far far to long to do anything so i have just harvested all my fields plowed them and thats it. I want to move animals buy the new items but cant because of the error and reloading. PLEASE please fix soon :(:(

shirl the pearl
Jun 21 2010, 07:18 AM
Thanks Raul for this fabulous game
I thoroughly enjoy it

Randall_Lind
Jun 21 2010, 07:54 AM
I had this problem, I had a cow and a goat stuck on a crop and couldn't do anything with them until the crop was ready and the harvest was done. After that they were back to normal and I could move them.

The seem to be glued to the sheep / Lima barn. I hide the barn even put it in storage. The reloaded still froze.

iammon1
Jun 21 2010, 07:55 AM
How come I can't produce faster in the fishing factory.. there is no botton for it

jan.c
Jun 21 2010, 08:15 AM
please can i have my neighbours back so i can harvest there farm s and they can harvest mine please

servocrow
Jun 21 2010, 08:18 AM
How come I can't produce faster in the fishing factory.. there is no botton for it

The Fish Farm is just like the tractor trailer that orders meat, except it doesn't use fuel.

You just order what you need for your restaurants.

*perhaps a shift to Tools Section would eliminate confusion?*

Randall_Lind
Jun 21 2010, 08:21 AM
no fishing? I need that lol

servocrow
Jun 21 2010, 08:26 AM
no fishing? I need that lol

The one that is described above just produces shrimp, oysters, and mollusks, etc.

(still have to tread those waters) ;)

earlgray
Jun 21 2010, 08:32 AM
Why can't neighbors help produce faster with the fish farming plant? It's a facility (unlike the truck, which is a delivery tool) and it produces (not just a harvester), so it doesn't make sense that neighbors can't help with it.

Randall_Lind
Jun 21 2010, 08:35 AM
The only issue I have is where to put them Farm 1 is full and the rest of the farms are taken up with crops. Maybe if they do a farm 5 which I can use for a tree farm I could put it all on farm 1. I think when Farm 4 came there was a mention of a 5 when I brought the first 12x12 plot can't recall.

servocrow
Jun 21 2010, 08:37 AM
Why can't neighbors help produce faster with the fish farming plant? It's a facility (unlike the truck, which is a delivery tool) and it produces (not just a harvester), so it doesn't make sense that neighbors can't help with it.

The only difference between it and the truck is that it does NOT use fuel. You still have to pay coins (like the truck) for the "delivery" of the product. You do NOT harvest the items from any of the waters. Because it looks like a "facility", I suppose that is why it was put there instead of the Tools Section, even though it has MORE of a "tool" function.

Saylorgirl
Jun 21 2010, 09:36 AM
Farm Town is so messed up and has been for 4 days now ... Please FIX it ..

Really . . . I suspect that they are working on it!! I can't imagine that having glitches and unhappy farmers makes their day!! It really is easy to play around these glitches, harvest and plow your fields yourself!! Don't load up the facilities if you are losing product just do one or two batches at a time. I am sure all will be good soon . . . .

bagoshen
Jun 21 2010, 09:47 AM
Really . . . I suspect that they are working on it!! I can't imagine that having glitches and unhappy farmers makes their day!! It really is easy to play around these glitches, harvest and plow your fields yourself!! Don't load up the facilities if you are losing product just do one or two batches at a time. I am sure all will be good soon . . . .
Well said Saylorgirl.

have been doing the fields myself.

let them go play Farmville and after a while they will have something to complain about.

RobLion
Jun 21 2010, 10:24 AM
Such an obvious Pacific Coast bias in place.

In the South (Savannah here) the menu would be more like this:

*Catfish dinner

*Coleslaw (shredded cabbage, dill, and mayo)

*Hushpuppies (oil, corn meal)

*Fried shrimp

*Sweet tea

*Gumbo

*Crab legs

So a few new crops would be needed: Dill seed, okra, tea trees (Orange Pekoe is most common, but Green tea is cool too)

And I agree with the Onion Rings request! :-)

Grumpa
Jun 21 2010, 10:27 AM
Just want to say that Grumpa is my current favorite poster. He says the things I think!!!

Thanks. I try.

sign of old age.

just say what you mean and if someone doesn't like it there out of luck.:cool:

carol336
Jun 21 2010, 10:27 AM
this is probably a dumb question, but where do I get crab,lobster, and slamon.

RobLion
Jun 21 2010, 10:28 AM
Where do you get salmon?

The lake with the boat and dock is the only one with salmon. Not fair, I know.

Charo
Jun 21 2010, 10:39 AM
Life isn't fair.

There are a lot of things I'm doing without. That's just how it goes.

KathyK
Jun 21 2010, 10:44 AM
I love the new changes, especially the gifts exchange! However, ever since the new release, I cannot hire someone who is on my farm to plow. After they harvest, I cannot hire them to plow. I am also being charged anywhere from 300-700 coins to send a hire request at Market. What is that about??? Half the time, I cannot even get on my farm. I hope you are working on these issues and clear them up soon. Farming has become much slower because of these problems. Thanks.

gtosga
Jun 21 2010, 10:48 AM
thank u very f much... I have just lost 48 cows and a heap of chickens and 30 llamas cos u didn"t put a ****
warning on moving things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barns are facilities too and u cannot move any facility into storage with product in them or u lose product. U need to empty barns of animals and move each into storage and then remove from storage in reverse on the farm u want them on.

snolock
Jun 21 2010, 10:55 AM
Thank you for all the new stuff. . .but when I put all my cows in the dairy barn, then moved the barn into storage so I could move it all to another farm, well lost all my cows. When I click on the barn at the new location there are no cows inside, where are they? Do I have to start all over again? I did not know I could just put them into storage or would have done it that way.

soupie4
Jun 21 2010, 11:04 AM
It is a world of ice cream I'm going to stay away from. :D[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly! :D

Though I admit I was a skeptic about ice cream and potato chips (the crisp packet kind, not the fish and chips kind) until I tasted it, I really can't see anyone investing time and valuable capital into a fish ice cream business.

But then, I could be wrong. ;)

Molly Mew
Jun 21 2010, 11:34 AM
Well said Saylorgirl.

have been doing the fields myself.

let them go play Farmville and after a while they will have something to complain about.

Hahaha. Maybe I shouldn't admit but that made me giggle. Thanks. :)

Thank you for all the new stuff. . .but when I put all my cows in the dairy barn, then moved the barn into storage so I could move it all to another farm, well lost all my cows. When I click on the barn at the new location there are no cows inside, where are they? Do I have to start all over again? I did not know I could just put them into storage or would have done it that way.

Put the shed back on the original farm and the cows should reappear. Take them out of the shed and move the shed and the animals separately to the farm where you want them. :)

soupie4
Jun 21 2010, 11:49 AM

*Catfish dinner

*Fried shrimp

*Sweet tea

*Gumbo

*Crab legs

So a few new crops would be needed: Dill seed, okra, tea trees (Orange Pekoe is most common, but Green tea is cool too)

Had to smile at this and previous posts about the menu bias ... :D

For we Aussies along with Mackerel, Trout or Salmon, there'd have to be Barramundi somewhere on the menu.

And you could also find there Whiting, John Dory, Murray Cod, Redfin, Trevally, Snapper, Flathead or Flake (often generic for any type of shark meat) as well as other delights ..

Lobster and Crab could be on the menu ... but so could Freshwater or Saltwater Crayfish, and possibly Yabby. There's nothing like a fresh cray, caught that morning and freshly cooked .. :)

Here "shrimp" are often tiny wee things that go into fried rice ... We'd be more likely to have King Prawns on a menu and possibly Morton Bay Bugs .. (a bit like scallops)

As for carp or 'carp sushi' .. well!! :eek:

Carp is actually a declared 'noxious species' here in Victoria .. and possibly elsewhere in Australia, though I can't say for sure. A danger to native species and (in parts) a major environmental problem. Though fishing folk may enjoy the sport of catching carp, it is illegal to throw them back and all those caught must be destroyed. In spite of that, Aussies as a rule don't eat carp It certainly is not used in restaurants - or even fish and chip shops - here and is pretty much despised as an eating fish.

And "Tilapia" or "Mahi Mahi"? I'd never heard of them before playing FT, and had to satisfy my curiosity by looking them up on the web....:) But then, I am not an angler and don't really know my fish species .. other than those that find their way onto my restaurant plate or into my parcel of fish and chips. ;)

JAS0643
Jun 21 2010, 12:00 PM

The fish farming plant really should have been put in the tools section of the store because that is really what it is a tool. You can only order 7 days worth of stuff in that "facility" just like with the oil pump and truck that are tools.

Saylorgirl
Jun 21 2010, 12:01 PM

*Catfish dinner

*Fried shrimp

*Sweet tea

*Gumbo

*Crab legs

I'm coming to your seafood Restaurant instead!!! Yummy . . .

bagoshen
Jun 21 2010, 12:08 PM
Hahaha. Maybe I shouldn't admit but that made me giggle. Thanks. :)

Put the shed back on the original farm and the cows should reappear. Take them out of the shed and move the shed and the animals separately to the farm where you want them. :)
Glad you got a giggle out of that.

Farmville was really bad when it came to loading and that is why I left.

I Love Farmtown no matter what.

Molly Mew
Jun 21 2010, 12:13 PM
Glad you got a giggle out of that.

Farmville was really bad when it came to loading and that is why I left.

I Love Farmtown no matter what.

Heh. Me too. :)

Hmm.. I guess that's obvious or I wouldn't be here LOL.

moravia
Jun 21 2010, 12:16 PM
I was really excited about all the new releases, but I've lost between 80 - 100 each of cows, llama, hens, and sheep. And, no I didn't move them or the buildings between farms. :(

emswife1
Jun 21 2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the changes... now if Cranberries only grew in bogs instead of trees... LOL!

Dweeb
Jun 21 2010, 12:45 PM
Today is the first time I've hired someone to harvest/plow for me since this update.

Please bring back, us paying them to plow and getting 1 experience point while they plow.

I hired two to plow, before learning the farm owner no longer gets experience for this.

ick.

Judy Mitchell
Jun 21 2010, 12:46 PM
RE: 5. Gift Trading: This feature should make the gifting functionality on the game much easier. When you receive a gift, if you don't like it, the Mayor will offer you to exchange it for another gift on that same page, no reloading required.

The trade didn't work for me!

emswife1
Jun 21 2010, 01:14 PM
It may be a temporary glitch (which have been many the last weekend) but the employer still gets one XP for each field plowed by the employee. Worked just now for me!

katiecakes
Jun 21 2010, 01:41 PM
Is the big sea coast (32 FC) the only place to get lobster and tuna? :(

SueW170
Jun 21 2010, 01:42 PM
And we expect everything here in FT to "make sense"? Seems I keep making that mistake too LOL
Just joking a bit, mods :)

SueW170
Jun 21 2010, 01:50 PM
The fish farming plant really should have been put in the tools section of the store because that is really what it is a tool. You can only order 7 days worth of stuff in that "facility" just like with the oil pump and truck that are tools.
So, in effect, it's not really a fish farm, but more like a fish truck that delivers what players order? Hmmm, then I gotta wonder -- whyever was it designed to resemble a fish farming facility? Just doesn't seem logical :confused: (scratches head)
Oh, well, just call me "Ms. Spock" LOL

ladybhawke
Jun 21 2010, 01:56 PM
Thank you, I love the new features..

servocrow
Jun 21 2010, 02:48 PM
Is the big sea coast (32 FC) the only place to get lobster and tuna? :(

Remember you can always fish someone's big sea coast and get part of the earnings.

TsunamiVince
Jun 21 2010, 03:11 PM
So, in effect, it's not really a fish farm

No it really is a fish farm. You can't hire people to make your corn grow faster, can you? There isn't any "processing" going on, they are simply growing. All of the other facilities can logicially produce more if you throw people at the problem. No matter how many people you throw at an oyster it isn't going to grow any faster.

LoreneC
Jun 21 2010, 03:59 PM
No it really is a fish farm. You can't hire people to make your corn grow faster, can you? There isn't any "processing" going on, they are simply growing. All of the other facilities can logicially produce more if you throw people at the problem. No matter how many people you throw at an oyster it isn't going to grow any faster.

That makes sense.!

iammon1
Jun 21 2010, 04:07 PM
I need a botton that says collect all fish...cuz i truly hate fishing

speedmonkey
Jun 21 2010, 04:27 PM

Go back through the forum there are countless post that explain how to fix the problem you are having.

To any others for heavens sake people read the forum not just come in and complain that something is wrong. Fixing the problems with your animals has been explained time and time again. READ THROUGH THE FORUM INSTEAD OF JUST POSTING ANOTHER COMMENT ABOUT IT BEING MESSED UP. THE ANSWERS ARE HERE!!!!!! YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK FOR THEM!!!! It is really easy, do a forum search for animal problems and all the answers should be right at your finger tips!

speedmonkey
Jun 21 2010, 04:47 PM
Today is the first time I've hired someone to harvest/plow for me since this update.

Please bring back, us paying them to plow and getting 1 experience point while they plow.

I hired two to plow, before learning the farm owner no longer gets experience for this.

ick.

I have not had any problems getting XP when hiring someone to plow for me. That was not changed in the new update and I highly doubt that it will ever change. It is more than likely a glitch caused by the new update that should resolve as the devs have time to respond and correct the issues.

PLEASE REMEMBER PEOPLE THAT THE UPDATE CAME OUT ON A FRIDAY AND THE DEVS DON"T WORK ON THE WEEKEND! GIVE THEM TIME TO FIX STUFF!

AnjHeathcote
Jun 21 2010, 04:57 PM
Hello from the UK, I would like to thank the developers for all that they do for us Happy Farmers. All too often, people complain and show their frustration when things go wrong. There's always compromise - I've been harvesting and plowing myself while we've had the problems over the weekend - and thoroughly enjoying it. It's nice to get back to basics. Once again, thanks very much for working hard on FarmTown. Best wishes, Angela :)

menorah
Jun 21 2010, 05:51 PM
The lake with the boat and dock is the only one with salmon. Not fair, I know.

Salmon can also be found in the small lake that sells for 16 FC but the amount of salmon you get there is pitiful!

BTW, thanks to the devs for fixing the fish ice cream issue. I just sold all my baked fish and other seafood.

Molly Mew
Jun 21 2010, 06:04 PM
Hello from the UK, I would like to thank the developers for all that they do for us Happy Farmers. All too often, people complain and show their frustration when things go wrong. There's always compromise - I've been harvesting and plowing myself while we've had the problems over the weekend - and thoroughly enjoying it. It's nice to get back to basics. Once again, thanks very much for working hard on FarmTown. Best wishes, Angela :)

Angela, thank you. :)

We've had an update from the developers.. they've released a new version of the game which should solve the hiring issues.

They have also added an in-game warning about moving animals so they don't get lost somewhere in storage.

They're still working on some of the other issues that have been reported. :)

papab2000
Jun 21 2010, 06:39 PM
Very nice but I hope you will be fixing all the new bugs that came with this update ASAP.

Molly Mew
Jun 21 2010, 06:45 PM
Very nice but I hope you will be fixing all the new bugs that came with this update ASAP.

Please read my post directly above yours in this thread. The developers are aware of the problems and are working hard to get them all fixed very soon. :)

zoylareina
Jun 21 2010, 08:00 PM
Hey there,

Here is a list of the recent updates to FarmTown, including yesterday's release as well:

2. You can now transfer your animals between your farms by adding them to the Item Storage like the rest of the items.

3. You can now move most of the animals to buildings to avoid having too many animals on a farm and make the game faster and gain some space. You can move up to 50 animals of each type to their buildings. Here is the animal list and the buildings to which they can be moved:

Cow, Goat -> Dairy Shed
Dog -> Dog House
Pig -> Pigsty

The harvest functionality hasn't changed with this release, for instance, if you have 10 hens on the farm and 10 on the Chicken Coop, when you harvest you will harvest all at once (10 + 10), like before.

4. Animals' functionalities have been optimized. If you have a lot of animals, you can move most of them to buildings and still leave some on the farm if you like how they look on the farm (without freezing them). It shouldn't make the game slower now, 20-50 animals on a farm should be OK.

5. Gift Trading: This feature should make the gifting functionality on the game much easier. When you receive a gift, if you don't like it, the Mayor will offer you to exchange it for another gift on that same page, no reloading required.

6. Coffee Grinder (Coins): Allows you to produce Ground Coffee from the Coffee in your storage

7. Fish Farming Plant (28FC): Allows you to produce containers of Shrimps, Mussels, Scallops and Oysters

- Carp Sushi
- Mackerel Sushi
- Eel Sushi
- Salmon Sushi
- California Rolls
- Rainbow Rolls

9. Seafood Restaurant (32FC): Allows you to produce different types of Seafood dishes:

- Oyster Shooters
- Baked Tilapia
- Grilled Mahi Mahi
- Grilled Swordfish
- Seafood Mix
- Supreme Seafood Mix

Enjoy!

--Raul

Thank you so much Raul. It's an awesome game. I am addicted to it. Love every minute working my farms. Thanks for all the new things. we sure needed to transfer our animals and have a place to keep them. I would love to see again when we plow, how many more points are needed for the next level. I'm sure we all miss that. Thanks again! Farmer Rose

lyndapenman
Jun 21 2010, 10:35 PM
I just bought the new Seafood Restaurant and Fish plant and I filled the restaurant and all and yes ALL the products I put in there to be processed disappeared completly out of the restuarant and my storage. I had paid good coins and spent a long time fishing for all this stuff and now I have no coins or products to show for my hard work. This is not the first time this has happened and if this is going to happen I have just wasted good dollars buying a usless piece of equipment. Now it would be nice to have all my stock retuned or the coins that I spent and even the dollars returned as I want a refund. Everything else is great but quite honeslty the new seafood restaurnt is just not worth the money and time if you loose things like this. Otherwise guys keep up the good work on other things.

HelenJS22
Jun 21 2010, 10:46 PM
I am fairly certain the developers are trying to do just that :)

LOL @ signature - Tony are you BEHAVING ???

bearhair
Jun 21 2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the changes... now if Cranberries only grew in bogs instead of trees... LOL!

Take her cranberries off of the trees and replace them with coffee.

Take my coffee crop and replace it with cranberry bogs.

Then all will be right with the world.

bearhair
Jun 21 2010, 10:53 PM
If you want to get something out of your store it takes ages and ages for the item list to run through as it is loading then you get error message then you have to re load then when your back try to get a cow out of store to move to another farm and bam store takes ages to load items list then error then have to re load AGAIN.

I haven't had any problems with my storage list - how many different items do you have in yours??

Tony D
Jun 21 2010, 10:58 PM
Take her cranberries off of the trees and replace them with coffee.

Take my coffee crop and replace it with cranberry bogs.

Then all will be right with the world.So long as you don't take the Money off my money tree or the skeletons off my skeleton tree !

Tony D
Jun 21 2010, 10:59 PM
LOL @ signature - Tony are you BEHAVING ???Moi ! Always sweetie :)

SueW170
Jun 22 2010, 02:04 AM
Okay, I see what you mean :) :)

Aero 1
Jun 22 2010, 02:56 AM
I haven't had any problems with my storage list - how many different items do you have in yours??

Same amount of items as I had before update. I had no problems before update:(
When I click on storage say to get my plougher out to plough the black box comes up and says apples 1% as that is first item on storage list then after about a minute its says apples 1% retry then sometimes it moves onto next couple of items to 7% but its so slow until it gets to about 50% then it goes faster also the pictures of the items are taking ages to load, and sometimes error comes up re load. Also when i want to put something into storage say a cow or the plougher it goes nearly invisable and stay like that for about 30 seconds before it goes into storage or a message comes up item cannot be put into storage at the moment. Really its driving me insane it is taking ages for me to be able to do anything like I said before i have never had one single problem with the game before it has always run as smooth as a babys bottom for me, I had been very lucky until now. Also i have 2 plowing tractors in storages thay are now listed separate where before it would be 2 tractors now it is 1 tractor then next to it 1 tractor and if I remove my 10 cows put them in the dairy it still stays 10 cows I have to then reload for the 10 cows to be gone from storage.

Duck Duck Goose
Jun 22 2010, 03:34 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I never thought in a million years that we would ever get to store/move animals, or put them on another farm! TYVM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will the number of animals allowed inside buildings ever go higher than 50, or is that all you are capable of making them accept? Just wondering if 50 was only a starter figure and you plan on increasing it or not.
Wow that made my day!
Next thing you know, we on myspace might even get the produce faster feature or adjust the production rate faster?
Wow you really surprised me!
thank you.....

PS (edit) just discovered that it costs coins of various amounts depending on the animal to move each animal into a building and you get different amounts of xp points depending on the animal for doing so.

On myspace, the gift exchange you said the mayor would do does not work. When i click the link to exchange it, nothing happens. We are still stuck with the original gift.

boorosie34
Jun 22 2010, 03:40 AM
NOT WORKING!!! I transfered all my animals to the barns and now I only have 1 of each!
What happened to all my animals? I want them back please.

boorosie34
Jun 22 2010, 03:44 AM
:mad:I only have one farm and have never put my barns in storage, so where have my animals gone? It took me two days to put them in there. When I went in the 3rd day to milk my cows and goats, get the wool from my sheep a llamas, and all buy one of each was gone! Where did they go, and how do I get them back?:confused:

DOC303
Jun 22 2010, 05:34 AM
Next thing you know, we on myspace might even get the produce faster feature or adjust the production rate faster?
QUOTE]

I'm still hoping for this one...

[QUOTE=Duck Duck Goose;3641862]
PS (edit) just discovered that it costs coins of various amounts depending on the animal to move each animal into a building and you get different amounts of xp points depending on the animal for doing so.
QUOTE]

I don't think that's intended, it has not happened to me yet. It might also be a carry over if you have someone plowing on another farm. You might want to keep a close eye on that and submit under glitches/bugs if it happens again.

[QUOTE=Duck Duck Goose;3641862]
On myspace, the gift exchange you said the mayor would do does not work. When i click the link to exchange it, nothing happens. We are still stuck with the original gift.

Yep, having the same prob w/ this one, I'm not sure if it has something to do with MS or FT tho...

Toranut97
Jun 22 2010, 06:26 AM
Re: Getting certain fish, crab, lobster -- even if you do not pay Farmcash for the large sea coast, you can allow yourself to be hired to fish. I have gone to the Marketplace to see if anyone wanted to fish my seacoast -- several times -- and no one ever is willing. But you get some of the produce if you fish. So why not try getting it that way.

And in my daily "grumpy old woman" aside: Why don't folks read the threads before asking questions? The same things keep getting asked again and again... grrrr... Oh well....

OverTheRainbow
Jun 22 2010, 07:24 AM
Thank you for the latest goodies---animal storage and gift exchange!!!! It's been very difficult to keep up with what my neighbors' needs and now they can just exchange if I send the wrong one---no more lists!!!!!! I bought the seafood restaurant and the sushi restaurant. I already had the sea coast on my "island" for a couple of weeks. I'm confused...I have fished many, many times but have never caught any oysters or scallops or lobster. They're on the menu in the seafood restaurant but I have zero. These must be very rare to catch????

Mayra7
Jun 22 2010, 07:54 AM
I love the new changes. I also wish that one could "buy" some of the facilities and other things with coins too.

bagoshen
Jun 22 2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the fix guys. Awesome work.

kosiyae
Jun 22 2010, 08:45 AM
wow! WHERE ARE YOU AM LOOKING FOR YOU LIKE A MAD DOG!

SunnyD
Jun 22 2010, 08:58 AM
I love the new changes. I also wish that one could "buy" some of the facilities and other things with coins too.

HA HA you just made me one more Farm CAsh $$ for asking this again.... i'm going to keep track and see how much Farm cash i will get before the next update LOL

snow_angel
Jun 22 2010, 08:59 AM
Go back through the forum there are countless post that explain how to fix the problem you are having.

To any others for heavens sake people read the forum not just come in and complain that something is wrong. Fixing the problems with your animals has been explained time and time again. READ THROUGH THE FORUM INSTEAD OF JUST POSTING ANOTHER COMMENT ABOUT IT BEING MESSED UP. THE ANSWERS ARE HERE!!!!!! YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK FOR THEM!!!! It is really easy, do a forum search for animal problems and all the answers should be right at your finger tips!

I totally agree. Reading through this forum I've seen the same question asked again and again and answered each time. Before you post check to see if anyone else has the same problem and if there is a solution for it or not.

bagoshen
Jun 22 2010, 09:11 AM
I totally agree. Reading through this forum I've seen the same question asked again and again and answered each time. Before you post check to see if anyone else has the same problem and if there is a solution for it or not.
I agree too, read the darn forum before complaining

gffarmer
Jun 22 2010, 09:55 AM
Hey there,

Cow, Goat -> Dairy Shed
Dog -> Dog House
Pig -> Pigsty

- Carp Sushi
- Mackerel Sushi
- Eel Sushi
- Salmon Sushi
- California Rolls
- Rainbow Rolls

- Oyster Shooters
- Baked Tilapia
- Grilled Mahi Mahi
- Grilled Swordfish
- Seafood Mix
- Supreme Seafood Mix

Enjoy!

--Raul

OK How do you get the eels, swordfish etc??

gffarmer
Jun 22 2010, 09:56 AM
This is my first time on here so I hope I am doing this right. I can't find where we get the eels, swordfish, mahi mahi etc for the Seafood Restaurant.

snow_angel
Jun 22 2010, 11:23 AM
Click on ponds then click on the ? by each lake, river and seacoasts. It will tell you what type of fish are caught there

kyblue
Jun 22 2010, 03:30 PM
I love the new facilities for using the fish...but I see one of them requires lobster and I've never caught any...which type of water feature do I need for lobster?

StoneFace
Jun 22 2010, 04:10 PM
Any one having problems in the loading with all the Big Seeders disappearing?

all are gone... at each of the 4 farms

Rob T
Jun 22 2010, 04:17 PM
Thank you for the latest goodies---animal storage and gift exchange!!!! It's been very difficult to keep up with what my neighbors' needs and now they can just exchange if I send the wrong one---no more lists!!!!!! I bought the seafood restaurant and the sushi restaurant. I already had the sea coast on my "island" for a couple of weeks. I'm confused...I have fished many, many times but have never caught any oysters or scallops or lobster. They're on the menu in the seafood restaurant but I have zero. These must be very rare to catch????

for the oysters and scallops etc, you need to buy the fish farm, those are not caught in any of the water features, the fish farm i believe is FC only

ohiosweetheart
Jun 22 2010, 05:04 PM
ummm where do I find the containers of shrimp, mussels, oysters, scallops, etc??

hansen2433
Jun 22 2010, 05:08 PM
please make it as easey to bye trees as it is when you bye flowers it is a pain going to the store everytime you want to bye a tree :D

Rob T
Jun 22 2010, 05:19 PM
ummm where do I find the containers of shrimp, mussels, oysters, scallops, etc??

You have to purchase the Fish Farming Plant which is $28 FC

StoneFace
Jun 22 2010, 05:36 PM
Any one having problems in the loading with all the Big Seeders disappearing?

all are gone... at each of the 4 farms

The car/seeder jacker has returned them all..... :cool:

TsunamiVince
Jun 22 2010, 05:50 PM
I'm still having this issue. I disconnect so I can queue up factory work and NOT get this stupid error, yet I continue to get this stupid error. Also, is there a way to queue up a lot of factory work and actually get it queued up, and do this faster?

<click>
<click>
<close>

+1 XP
+1 XP

"CONNECTION TO SERVER LOST"

#$%@#$@#$#$% server and slashkey's @#$%@#$% developers

<open factory>
<click>
<click>
<close>

+1 XP

"CONNECTION TO SERVER LOST"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH HH!!!!!

This is what I get to do to try to queue up work in my factories. Constantly going back to the factory, constantly requeueing work, constantly getting dribbles of +1XP, constantly losing connection to the server, reconnect, requeue, dribbles, disconnect AD INFINITUM. It takes me over 2 hours to simply queue up work in my factories. This is really starting to get me upset.

Laird MacLachlainn
Jun 22 2010, 06:12 PM
All the recent upgrades are good.
Love the fishing.
Keep up the good work devs.
https://hjhw3a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1mYW1cM4nIrZ_dyA-2xK0Vz8CAqpSMU7M1WdTGmXPI4ffxbPwhVMXAvUzBiyZiNF0z-4Qpypr677wOstGEgBtZplFJN4wQ1LWr95nddDkPh0DALOr696H UAGpUY15Q_DuFe6OKWR3vgKmvkmu-UBSgbQ/February%20'10.jpg

Sláinte Mhath!

ohiosweetheart
Jun 22 2010, 06:48 PM
You have to purchase the Fish Farming Plant which is $28 FCThanks Rob. I did that and have it going.

Does anyone know why there's not a "Produce faster" link on the fish farm so friends can help?? :eek:

StoneFace
Jun 22 2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks Rob. I did that and have it going.

Does anyone know why there's not a "Produce faster" link on the fish farm so friends can help?? :eek:

Probably for the same reason as the truck semi.... gotta have some things that work at a "normal" pace, closer to a reality or so.

Sesselwill
Jun 22 2010, 08:31 PM
I agree too, read the darn forum before complaining

I've read through this forum tons of times and haven't found the answer to this one and I've posted it before. At first, my coffee grinder and sushi restaurant took my harvests and when I went to check on them, it said there was no activity on those facilities. Then they worked properly the second time I tried them and now, once again, it took my harvests and said nothing was being worked on. This is tiresome. I know it's a free game, I know all I have to do is grow the stuff or fish it again, but it is frustrating. I'm not complaining so much as hoping the devs will see this and fix whatever glitch needs fixing. And not everyone has the patience needed to click through every single page in the forum to find their answer, or time.:cool:

Linzer Loo
Jun 22 2010, 08:44 PM
For some reason, I'm not able to exchange the gifts. I click where it says "click here" and nothing happens.

penster380
Jun 22 2010, 08:45 PM
I bought the coffe grinder, planted my coffee and waited three days to harvest. Put it in the coffee grinder and it dissappeared. Over 500 batches. What happened????? I had 16 left in storage and put them in and they worked, how do I get my other back? Not happy about this

Rob T
Jun 22 2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks Rob. I did that and have it going.

You're welcome... The fish farm can't produce any faster, cos its something thats grown, and not produced. kinda like trying to get help to make the trees grow quicker, ya can't :(

ohiosweetheart
Jun 22 2010, 09:38 PM
You're welcome... The fish farm can't produce any faster, cos its something thats grown, and not produced. kinda like trying to get help to make the trees grow quicker, ya can't :(Thanks once again.

One last question.... where do you find, or grow, the lobster and mahi mahi?:eek:

Rob T
Jun 22 2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks once again.

One last question.... where do you find, or grow, the lobster and mahi mahi?:eek:

the Lobster is only available from the Big Sea Coast ($FC)
the Mahi Mahi you can get from the Small Sea Coast (Coins)

robinwebb
Jun 22 2010, 10:45 PM
everytime i click trade it wont let me so i can't trade the other stuff i get for the animals i lost when the new stuff came out

Rob T
Jun 22 2010, 10:52 PM
everytime i click trade it wont let me so i can't trade the other stuff i get for the animals i lost when the new stuff came out

how did you lose your animals? did you by chance move one of the sheds into storage? if you were to put a shed back on the farm where those animals were, you should get them all back.

snow_angel
Jun 22 2010, 10:58 PM
I love the new facilities for using the fish...but I see one of them requires lobster and I've never caught any...which type of water feature do I need for lobster?

You need the big sea coast the one that costs farmcash

TsunamiVince
Jun 22 2010, 11:01 PM
Can't you guys queue this stuff up? I've spent 4 hours doing nothing but trying to queue up work in my factories.

<connecting w69.slashkey.com>
<waiting w69.slashkey.com> -> 2 seconds go by
+1 XP

<waiting w69.slashkey.com> -> 4 seconds go by
+1 XP

<waiting w69.slashkey.com> -> 2 seconds go by
+1 XP

"CONNECTION TO SERVER TIMED OUT"

Do you know how frustrating it is to go in and queue up 15 days worth of ice cream and have 2 FREAKING XP'S ACTUALLY REGISTER THEN HAVE THE SERVER TIME OUT THEN GET TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN?

How about trying this on for size?

<waiting w69.slashkey.com>
+250 XP

How difficult is that?

JustHikk
Jun 22 2010, 11:03 PM

Cow, Goat -> Dairy Shed
Dog -> Dog House
Pig -> Pigsty

Have they changed that without notice? I just put 51 llamas in my Wool Shed along with 50 Sheep.

rhondabb
Jun 23 2010, 12:29 AM
love all the new stuff!! Great job.
But is anybody else having trouble with the sushi restaurant?? I load it up and then come back and it tell me there is no production in the facility. Come back the next day and it is there? Just a little annoying.

TsunamiVince
Jun 23 2010, 12:30 AM
So I'm sitting waiting for the billionth time for the 1500 "+1 XP" messages to dribble through the server before getting another "CONNECTION TO SERVER TIMED OUT" message and re-queueing all the exact same factory work for the 100th time when I get "Hey, <x> farm needs some water/weeding. Wanna go there?" message pops up.

Uh, can we make it a PRIORITY that the factory work queue gets drained before any of the folksy/cutesy baloney nonsense pops up?

Ya, I'm having a bad day SIMPLY TRYING TO GET WORK INTO MY FACTORIES and all of these things are getting on my nerves. I'm another 2 hours into simply queueing up factory work in ONE FACTORY.

It would also be nice while queueing factory work and boringly clicking on the thing 150 times that we don't get 149 "Production Limits" pop ups THAT EACH HAVE TO BE INDIVIDUALLY DISMISSED because the factory product limits were reached 149 mouse clicks ago and the server was too busy picking it's nose to notify the client of this fact. Or however it's done. I don't care.

ant carter
Jun 23 2010, 01:04 AM
I bought the coffe grinder, planted my coffee and waited three days to harvest. Put it in the coffee grinder and it dissappeared. Over 500 batches. What happened????? I had 16 left in storage and put them in and they worked, how do I get my other back? Not happy about this

i had the same problem i have lost a least one full production of coffee and the beans went from my storage reloaded and that worked but i had lost the first production run!

Sue Wood
Jun 23 2010, 03:50 AM
I really like being able to move my animals into their barns. And the gift exchange option is AWESOME!!

There is a glitch on my Farm Town & Farm Ville server. I am unable to go to the market to hire helpers or sell products. My crops are starting to ripen & I am even unable to harvest them myself!! This condition began last night around 10 pm EST & continues this morning. 5 am EST. HELP!!

sapphirewhispers
Jun 23 2010, 05:18 AM
i think the new facilities are fun! i would like to see a lemonade stand that used the lemons. or even lemon pie.

ohiosweetheart
Jun 23 2010, 08:53 AM
Another question........ when I'm fishing, after I get X number of fish, a cloud of +17 and +23, etc floats up, yet neither my coins or XP changes. What are those numbers for??

jmosteiko@yahoo.com
Jun 23 2010, 09:22 AM
I have purchased all the ponds, rivers, fish plant & sea coast. Where do I get Mahi Mahi fish????

reneelefeuvre
Jun 23 2010, 09:54 AM
gift exchange, love it, cant seem to put animals in barns, will try again, love all the new features

Saylorgirl
Jun 23 2010, 12:17 PM
I have purchased all the ponds, rivers, fish plant & sea coast. Where do I get Mahi Mahi fish????

Small sea coast! They are not in the large one.

2Old2Farm
Jun 23 2010, 02:19 PM
It seems ever since the last update I haven't been able to send gifts through the "Gifts" tab. I have to go individually to each farm and send the gifts. Very time consuming; therefore, I'm not sending gifts as often as I used to

sychofreak
Jun 23 2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you so much or all the new things and the option to buy farm cash - I know lots don't like the idea of using real money to buy farm cash but for me it is worth saving each week and then buying some - it is my treat! One little request though ....... is there any way of making the experience points add faster to the total once you have clicked on things you want to produce? I find I have to wait quite a long time after I have clicked for the points too be added and even if i click on the save option that takes a long time too with the message that it is saving................... just a little request if possible. Thank you again this game is brilliant!

Sychofreak

StoneFace
Jun 23 2010, 06:31 PM
Thank you so much or all the new things and the option to buy farm cash - I know lots don't like the idea of using real money to buy farm cash but for me it is worth saving each week and then buying some - it is my treat! One little request though ....... is there any way of making the experience points add faster to the total once you have clicked on things you want to produce? I find I have to wait quite a long time after I have clicked for the points too be added and even if i click on the save option that takes a long time too with the message that it is saving................... just a little request if possible. Thank you again this game is brilliant!

Sychofreak

Often when you have completed a task.... like planting for instance, you can go to another of your farms, and the coin total and the point total will finish right away.. and you will see it reflected when you open the next farm.

However, when you wait for the avatar to finish, and you want to open the gift box.... sorry charlie... have to wait or go out and come back

MMY
Jun 23 2010, 06:44 PM
Yeah but where do you get Salmon and Mackerel for Sushi Restaurane?????????

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 23 2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah but where do you get Salmon and Mackerel for Sushi Restaurane?????????

If you go to the pond section, you will see a "?" next to each piece of water. Click the "?" and it tells you what fish each water piece has. So then if you have that water piece you are in luck. Or you can purchase it. For example, salmon is found the in the Big lake with boat and the small lake.

menorah
Jun 23 2010, 07:20 PM
For some reason, I'm not able to exchange the gifts. I click where it says "click here" and nothing happens.

I had that problem too. After clicking on 'click here', you still have to click on the box where it says 'exchange' and then the graphic of your chosen item should show up. I used to omit that second click :)

texgurl
Jun 23 2010, 07:23 PM
My gift exchange did not work, I exchanged gifts for other items, and when I logged in, they were the original gifts. What's up????

MJR
Jun 23 2010, 08:26 PM
thx but my friend did it a few days ago and didn't lose any animals...today when I tried to move the facilities I lost all my animals but if I transfer the facility back to the original farm the animals reappear....weird!

Farmer McDonald
Jun 23 2010, 09:50 PM
My gift exchange did not work, I exchanged gifts for other items, and when I logged in, they were the original gifts. What's up????

Did you do both steps to exchange your gifts? First you click on the underscored line to exchange the gift. Then you need to click on the "exchange" box. This will then cause the new gift to load. When you see the new gift that you want, then you go as usual and click the yes or no box. I did not realize I needed to do two steps at first to get the exchange so that is why I suggest this. The 2 step works for me.

Farmer McDonald
Jun 23 2010, 09:53 PM
thx but my friend did it a few days ago and didn't lose any animals...today when I tried to move the facilities I lost all my animals but if I transfer the facility back to the original farm the animals reappear....weird!

That is the way it works. You are not supposed to transfer buildings with animals in them. If you want to transfer the animals to another farm, move them one by one by putting them into storage and then taking them out of storage on the new farm. Then you can put them into a building you have on that farm.

annien
Jun 24 2010, 02:15 AM
Today I've been able to add more cows to the dairy shed. I'm hoping they won't now disappear. I can't find any posts about the limit being changed.
Anyone know anything?

Enigma66
Jun 24 2010, 02:55 AM
me too. I discovered it by accident yesterday. In one of my chicken coops I have 103 hens and they are still there this morning so Im hopeful:)

Deviouse
Jun 24 2010, 04:40 AM
I just Love all the new stuff, it helps me alot in my farms. But i just have one question how do i get lobster for the seafood restaurant?

Rob T
Jun 24 2010, 05:45 AM
I just Love all the new stuff, it helps me alot in my farms. But i just have one question how do i get lobster for the seafood restaurant?

Lobster is available in the Big Sea Coast ($FC)

If you goto the ponds section in the store, and click the ? it will show you whats available for each water feature :-)

Rob T
Jun 24 2010, 05:47 AM
Today I've been able to add more cows to the dairy shed. I'm hoping they won't now disappear. I can't find any posts about the limit being changed.
Anyone know anything?

Me too, i discovered it by accident when i was trying to move a cow into storage... Does anyone know what the new limit is? if there is one...

RN2GO
Jun 24 2010, 07:02 AM

Well, I've spent a fair amount of real $$$ in order to buy many of the facilities that require FC. I really don't think it would be fair if they made it possible to buy them with coins after I spent my hard earned money!

Bobby C Hoggreaser
Jun 24 2010, 08:19 AM
When are you going to add more levels. Am maxed out at 90

StoneFace
Jun 24 2010, 08:43 AM
When are you going to add more levels. Am maxed out at 90

Or perhaps enlarge existing farms.... not for huge dollars, but restricted to levels

That way those who have worked to get to 90 would be able to enlarge to maybe a 30x30

Those who are still in the 40's can't simply "buy" their way into bigger farms.

There are enough "entitlements" in our economy as it is.... don't need to see them in a fun game

:D

Bobby C Hoggreaser
Jun 24 2010, 09:22 AM
Once you are stuck at level 90 you tend to loose interest in the game. No competition or goal. Please increase levels and would be nice to allow increase size of farm without having to maintain several farms

outlawgirl3464
Jun 24 2010, 10:44 AM
I had the sushi restaurant issue of putting my harvests into the restaurant for production. Come back to it a little while later and there were no crops being produced. I moved my restaurant back to the place I originally put it when I bought it until I could harvest out the area where I have it now. When I clicked on it there was my production. I then moved it back to where I want it on this farm and my production was still there.

Then I had the same issue with my coffee grinder and went through all the steps that I did with the sushi restaurant and got it working.

Last night I put over a thousand into the coffee grinder and around that in the sushi restaurant. This morning No Production again.....and moving them does NOT bring them back today.

I've been very patient waiting for all the bugs to get worked out, and for the most part things have been operating a whole lot smoother than they did last weekend. But this is getting close to the next weekend and the bugs of the newly released facilities of last week are still not worked out.

Grumpa
Jun 24 2010, 11:21 AM
I had the sushi restaurant issue of putting my harvests into the restaurant for production. Come back to it a little while later and there were no crops being produced. I moved my restaurant back to the place I originally put it when I bought it until I could harvest out the area where I have it now. When I clicked on it there was my production. I then moved it back to where I want it on this farm and my production was still there.

Then I had the same issue with my coffee grinder and went through all the steps that I did with the sushi restaurant and got it working.

Last night I put over a thousand into the coffee grinder and around that in the sushi restaurant. This morning No Production again.....and moving them does NOT bring them back today.

I've been very patient waiting for all the bugs to get worked out, and for the most part things have been operating a whole lot smoother than they did last weekend. But this is getting close to the next weekend and the bugs of the newly released facilities of last week are still not worked out.

If you know that there are problems why did you put a thousand or more into the 2 facilities with the problems? Should have only used a small batch in each till problems are fixed. No one's fault for the loss but one owns self. :confused: :confused:

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 24 2010, 11:49 AM

Actually the loss of stuff from seafood, sushi and coffee has a thread in help and support and the devs are still working on it :)

outlawgirl3464
Jun 24 2010, 12:37 PM
If you know that there are problems why did you put a thousand or more into the 2 facilities with the problems? Should have only used a small batch in each till problems are fixed. No one's fault for the loss but one owns self. :confused: :confused:

If you must know.....
There were more than a thousand and they were in there long BEFORE I discovered that there were issues. They perked along just fine all day yesterday. I checked last night before I went to bed and they were still perking along just fine. I get up this morning and there's no production in that facility. So, you can just take your confusion somewhere else.

outlawgirl3464
Jun 24 2010, 12:38 PM
Actually the loss of stuff from seafood, sushi and coffee has a thread in help and support and the devs are still working on it :)

Thank you for the information.

Aus1777
Jun 24 2010, 01:10 PM
All my cows, chickens, geese and goats are missing after I added them to their buildings. They were on my first farm where I had added them and then I put the buildings in storage so I could put them on my fourth farm. I got 5 cows as gifts and they were the only ones in there.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?rcid=gift&type=O2&from_uid=1808094022&from_name=Rose&time=1277402006&gift_sig=2c3e67731749fe75376e5fd6b439ac9d&cid=send_gift

mjjmlaf
Jun 24 2010, 01:23 PM
Now, can you fix withered flowers that do not re-bloom when watered?

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 24 2010, 03:03 PM
All my cows, chickens, geese and goats are missing after I added them to their buildings. They were on my first farm where I had added them and then I put the buildings in storage so I could put them on my fourth farm. I got 5 cows as gifts and they were the only ones in there.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?rcid=gift&type=O2&from_uid=1808094022&from_name=Rose&time=1277402006&gift_sig=2c3e67731749fe75376e5fd6b439ac9d&cid=send_gift

Can't do that. You have to move the animals to storage and then to the farm you want them on.

Put the shed back on the original farm and they should reappear.

Rob T
Jun 24 2010, 03:14 PM

How is it not fair to spend real money? someone has to pay for the servers & development of the game, without it, the game wouldn't be half as good as it is now, so i don't mind giving my support.

davidakadrizz
Jun 24 2010, 03:18 PM
I been getting charged coins for hiring ect ect I just been charged 6000 coins to hire someone and getting charged 300 just for entering my farm whats going on.
Does this game like Zoo worl have somewhere the DEVS read so they can awnser direct ?
If not

Molly Mew
Jun 24 2010, 03:29 PM
Me too, i discovered it by accident when i was trying to move a cow into storage... Does anyone know what the new limit is? if there is one...

Anyone know anything?

I've asked the devs for clarification on this.

Rob T
Jun 24 2010, 03:31 PM
I've asked the devs for clarification on this.

Thankyou Molly, i appreciate that :-)

SunnyD
Jun 24 2010, 03:35 PM

LOL this is a repeat.... do not move your buildings with animals inside them....... add your animals to storage then your buildings then move them....... just put the buildings back on the same farm you had them on and your animals will hopefully return..... store them separately then move them.....