PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- June 18th, 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3]

♫Tiki♫
Jun 24 2010, 04:14 PM
please make it as easey to bye trees as it is when you bye flowers it is a pain going to the store everytime you want to bye a tree :D

i soooo like this idea !!
going each time to the store is really really a pain.... :D

gypsydancer
Jun 24 2010, 04:54 PM
where do we get the lobster, crab, eel, and mahi mahi for the restauants?

Deb NZ
Jun 24 2010, 05:11 PM
In the ponds section click on each water type for the fish they carry or............... read through this forum as the answers have been given many many times

Duck Duck Goose
Jun 24 2010, 05:42 PM
I've asked the devs for clarification on this.

yea a few days ago 50 was the max. it wouldnt let more go in, however now i accidentally have 57 cows thinking i had more room, i put more in.

will they EVER make myspace facilities produce faster or adjust the work time to go faster?
I have a lot of those facilities in my storage, not being used because they are just too darn slow.

ohiosweetheart
Jun 24 2010, 05:45 PM
How is it not fair to spend real money? someone has to pay for the servers & development of the game, without it, the game wouldn't be half as good as it is now, so i don't mind giving my support.I so agree!

Another question........ when I'm fishing, after I get X number of fish, a cloud of +17 and +23, etc floats up, yet neither my coins or XP changes. What are those numbers for??
Could someone answer this for me please?

fenwick1310
Jun 24 2010, 06:29 PM
dont suppose anybody is likely to introduce a fertilizer or something to speed up the growin process i think it would be a good idea

Rob T
Jun 24 2010, 06:36 PM
dont suppose anybody is likely to introduce a fertilizer or something to speed up the growin process i think it would be a good idea

i think thats a good idea, maybe get the cow poo from the sheds LOL, and maybe use wasted crops too, add some irrigation and maybe knock 20% off grow times for it

Lavenda
Jun 24 2010, 06:53 PM
where do we get the lobster, crab, eel, and mahi mahi for the restauants?

as I mentioned in another thread you posted this question in, if you go to the store and select the ponds tab you will be able to then click on the question mark for each of the water types and see what you can fish from each of them

dottyF
Jun 24 2010, 07:35 PM
Another question........ when I'm fishing, after I get X number of fish, a cloud of +17 and +23, etc floats up, yet neither my coins or XP changes. What are those numbers for??

That is happening to me too. It looks like you are getting coins but nothing ever changes on your coin count.

Sandie Angel
Jun 24 2010, 08:27 PM
Hello:

I have just bought the Fish Farming Plant last night, and am producing some fish and shrimps containers and put them into my "Pending" screen; but there was no "Produce Faster" link for me to click to ask my friends for help. Am I missing something? Or is that the way it should be with Fish Farming? Why don't I have the option to "Produce Faster"
in this Fish Farming Plant?

Sandie Angel :(

Rob T
Jun 24 2010, 08:30 PM
Hello:

I have just bought the Fish Farming Plant last night, and am producing some fish and shrimps containers and put them into my "Pending" screen; but there was no "Produce Faster" link for me to click to ask my friends for help. Am I missing something? Or is that the way it should be with Fish Farming? Why don't I have the option to "Produce Faster"

there isn't a produce faster button, because the fish are grown, not produced, like with trees, you can't speed those up either, as much as i would like to

Tony D
Jun 24 2010, 10:32 PM
250 mouse clicks in 2 seconds queueing up max production...

"Connection to server timed out"All I can say is you're better at counting than I am. I just tried and cannot get even close to 250 in 2 seconds. Well Done !

Grumpa
Jun 24 2010, 11:05 PM
If you must know.....
There were more than a thousand and they were in there long BEFORE I discovered that there were issues. They perked along just fine all day yesterday. I checked last night before I went to bed and they were still perking along just fine. I get up this morning and there's no production in that facility. So, you can just take your confusion somewhere else.

What confusion? We are playing a bata game. All new updates are subject to monsters eating what we do. I also loaded a coffee and pulled out the first batch that was done and then lost about 650 when I got back to it the next day. And that was after reading the forum and knowing about the problems. So it was my fault for loosing them by doing so much before I was sure that the problems were fixed.

No sushi for me yet. Gona give it till the Monday and seer where it stands. :cool:

Sandie Angel
Jun 25 2010, 12:02 AM
there isn't a produce faster button, because the fish are grown, not produced, like with trees, you can't speed those up either, as much as i would like to

Aaaahhhh!! That makes sense!! Thank you for letting me know!!

Sandie Angel :)

Dweeb
Jun 25 2010, 12:20 AM
Yes my fields stay plowed, and I can plant crops on them. Now, three days later, the pineapples were done, they were harvested normally by two people from the marketplace. Both of them were hired to plow, and ditto. They plowed, I got zero experience for 800 plots; but it cost me zero coins. I then replanted (another 3-day crop).

In my other three farms, I harvested, plowed, and planted. I was charged the correct amount for things I plowed and planted, and received the experience expected. (1pt and 2 pt).

Windows XP SP3, 32 bit
Google's Chrome internet browser
Flash (which updated itself a couple days ago, as it always does to stay current).

Today is the first time I've hired someone to harvest/plow for me since this update.

Please bring back, us paying them to plow and getting 1 experience point while they plow.

I hired two to plow, before learning the farm owner no longer gets experience for this.

ick.

Also quoted from a different thread (that was closed and locked, before I could reply): "Hi Dweeb,

Are your fields staying plowed?

*Since this is a Help question, I'm going to move this thread into the Help section where it may be merged into an Official thread by any moderator if applicable.

Kelsey"

Rob T
Jun 25 2010, 12:55 AM
Yes my fields stay plowed, and I can plant crops on them. Now, three days later, the pineapples were done, they were harvested normally by two people from the marketplace. Both of them were hired to plow, and ditto. They plowed, I got zero experience for 800 plots; but it cost me zero coins. I then replanted (another 3-day crop).

In my other three farms, I harvested, plowed, and planted. I was charged the correct amount for things I plowed and planted, and received the experience expected. (1pt and 2 pt).

Windows XP SP3, 32 bit
Google's Chrome internet browser
Flash (which updated itself a couple days ago, as it always does to stay current).

Also quoted from a different thread (that was closed and locked, before I could reply): "Hi Dweeb,

Are your fields staying plowed?

*Since this is a Help question, I'm going to move this thread into the Help section where it may be merged into an Official thread by any moderator if applicable.

Kelsey"

i thought the same thing, until i refreshed, and saw my xp went up after i refreshed, i just wasn't seeing it as the plowing was being done

Aus1777
Jun 25 2010, 04:20 AM
Thanks for answering my question. I'll try what you suggested.

Another issue. What's up with the plowing? The plow runs away from me on it's own accord where I click to plow. Freezes my screen and I can't do anything until it's done monkeying around by itself. Really strange.

Danuta
Jun 25 2010, 09:30 AM
FT become fantastic game and I am back full time. This is the only game beside CL that lets us to play and be happy. Beside that the lovely forum and the folks here, ; just delicious. Thank you!

Dweeb
Jun 25 2010, 01:27 PM
i thought the same thing, until i refreshed, and saw my xp went up after i refreshed, i just wasn't seeing it as the plowing was being done

I'll give that a try, but thought I have and didn't notice any jump in experience or loss of coins.

SunnyD
Jun 25 2010, 03:11 PM
while loading FT today I got a message that said "The Adobe Pluggin Has Crashed" like three times ... still trying to load the game.. Have never seen anything like this before... is anyone having trouble loading FT today??? I know wrong place to ask. but this thread is pretty busy lately......

Chickadee16
Jun 25 2010, 04:51 PM
:confused:
HELP - having a hard time locating info.

How many eggs does a hen lay each time it is harvested?
(If it is 1:1, then no wonder I cannot keep up with the bakery...)

In real life, hens lay multiple eggs. I've been having neighbors gift me hens like mad, but still not staying on top of bakery - running into the "you need more eggs" message. I've about 30-40 hens across two farms (with two chicken coops, one on each farm). Thanks!

~chickadee~

Tony D
Jun 25 2010, 04:59 PM

In real life, hens lay multiple eggs. I've been having neighbors gift me hens like mad, but still not staying on top of bakery - running into the "you need more eggs" message. I've about 30-40 hens across two farms (with two chicken coops, one on each farm). Thanks!

~chickadee~Hi, it is 1:1 (better ask for some more Hens :) )

rhondabb
Jun 25 2010, 05:47 PM
wow! 3rd time my sushi restaurant has been loaded up and when I go and check what is pending it tells me I have no production!!! That totally sucks!!!!

Pisces4444
Jun 25 2010, 06:29 PM
Where's the salmon? I've been fishing and fishing in all of my oceans, lakes and rivers and can't get any.

Deb NZ
Jun 25 2010, 06:35 PM

~chickadee~

What???? Hens lay one egg each day.Believe me I'm a farmer and we run chickens.

Deb NZ
Jun 25 2010, 06:36 PM
Where's the salmon? I've been fishing and fishing in all of my oceans, lakes and rivers and can't get any.

The lake with the boat

Pisces4444
Jun 25 2010, 06:59 PM
I just found Salmon with the boat-lake. The other lake also claims it has Salmon though....

val4305
Jun 25 2010, 07:14 PM
I was wondering why farmtown has started to freeze in the last week......cant plow 3 plots without it freezing for about 20 secs:confused:bit of a pain

Rob T
Jun 25 2010, 07:22 PM
I was wondering why farmtown has started to freeze in the last week......cant plow 3 plots without it freezing for about 20 secs:confused:bit of a pain

i had the same thing.... i found it was the latest update to firefox that caused mine, so i rolled back a version, now its fast again :)

SunnyD
Jun 25 2010, 09:26 PM
i had the same thing.... i found it was the latest update to firefox that caused mine, so i rolled back a version, now its fast again :)

Actually i had that pause junk for a very long time....... I just seeded all 4 of my farms and for the first time in I can't remember how long I didn't have that Pause.... I has been driving me nuts.... I haven't harvest or plowed today yet to see how that is but seeding has greatly improved..... however the disconnects when queuing up production is just horrible.... Has taken me two hours so far to put my stuff in production on one farm only.... It's just nuts.....

Rob T
Jun 25 2010, 09:32 PM
Actually i had that pause junk for a very long time....... I just seeded all 4 of my farms and for the first time in I can't remember how long I didn't have that Pause.... I has been driving me nuts.... I haven't harvest or plowed today yet to see how that is but seeding has greatly improved..... however the disconnects when queuing up production is just horrible.... Has taken me two hours so far to put my stuff in production on one farm only.... It's just nuts.....

you could try clearing the stored data from cdn.slashkey.com on your hard drive
it should be located in 'my documents/application data/macromedia' somewhere, you may have to perform a search for it. what that will do is make the game reload all your farm data from the server again, rather than from cached files, it might help

SunnyD
Jun 25 2010, 10:50 PM
uh oh..... pausing like mad and really slow. we are getting updates. wanna bet?? $20 FC bet we get more levels this weekend....... LMAO and some goodies...

JAS0643
Jun 26 2010, 12:21 AM
250 mouse clicks in 2 seconds queueing up max production...

It is not humanly possible to click 250 times in 2 seconds so whatever you are doing to click 250 in 2 seconds is probably what is crashing the game. Try taking a little longer to click 250 times and see if that helps you out.

JAS0643
Jun 26 2010, 12:23 AM
uh oh..... pausing like mad and really slow. we are getting updates. wanna bet?? $20 FC bet we get more levels this weekend....... LMAO and some goodies...

Well that depends on rather or not Tony is working. If he is I'm not taking the bet but if he is off then I will take the bet.

tbez
Jun 26 2010, 12:28 AM
Why is farmtown freezing up when you are playing and you hire people but they dont get the message:confused:

Aero 1
Jun 26 2010, 03:19 AM
Filling up the factories since the new update is taking so long. The xp takes ages to catch up its really spoiling the enjoyment of the game for me along with all the other problems:(

Cindy999
Jun 26 2010, 03:31 AM
I am very disappointed with the gift exchange...when it is not working could you please put a banner up top so we can wait till later to exchange the junk some people send us for what we really need. I now have an ATV that I have absolutely no use for. I traded it for a cherry tree...it looked confirmed, but i still ended up with a stupid ATV....tried again with ground coffee (i have the factory) to exchange for a walnut tree...guess what...now I've got coffee in my gift box...I am getting tired of glitches...thanks

Duck Duck Goose
Jun 26 2010, 03:33 AM

You aint getting getting more levels untill myspace gets "produce faster".
Get to the back of the line. :D

cindya
Jun 26 2010, 03:38 AM
whenever I harvest a crop myself I am not getting paid for it,this has happened a cpl times this week.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 04:27 AM
please make it as easey to bye trees as it is when you bye flowers it is a pain going to the store everytime you want to bye a tree :D

Please do this for us! It has taken two weeks to get my cranberry trees planted because we have to go the store for every tree. And, can we please get rid of the silly plow box when working on other farms. There is no logical need for it that I can think of!

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 04:30 AM
I've read through this forum tons of times and haven't found the answer to this one and I've posted it before. At first, my coffee grinder and sushi restaurant took my harvests and when I went to check on them, it said there was no activity on those facilities. Then they worked properly the second time I tried them and now, once again, it took my harvests and said nothing was being worked on. This is tiresome. I know it's a free game, I know all I have to do is grow the stuff or fish it again, but it is frustrating. I'm not complaining so much as hoping the devs will see this and fix whatever glitch needs fixing. And not everyone has the patience needed to click through every single page in the forum to find their answer, or time.:cool:

That is because you are looking in the wrong spot! A simple search will take you to the right one. Just search for missing coffee. For those that don't have the time to sit and read every post.....there is a search option so that you can find what you want without having to read the entire forum.

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 04:31 AM
everytime i click trade it wont let me so i can't trade the other stuff i get for the animals i lost when the new stuff came out

You shouldn't have to trade to get any animals. Read the forum or do a search for missing animals and all the answers are there. This has been dealt with time and again in this thread just GO LOOK!

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 04:32 AM
Can't you guys queue this stuff up? I've spent 4 hours doing nothing but trying to queue up work in my factories.

<connecting w69.slashkey.com>
<waiting w69.slashkey.com> -> 2 seconds go by
+1 XP

<waiting w69.slashkey.com> -> 4 seconds go by
+1 XP

<waiting w69.slashkey.com> -> 2 seconds go by
+1 XP

"CONNECTION TO SERVER TIMED OUT"

Do you know how frustrating it is to go in and queue up 15 days worth of ice cream and have 2 FREAKING XP'S ACTUALLY REGISTER THEN HAVE THE SERVER TIME OUT THEN GET TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN?

How about trying this on for size?

<waiting w69.slashkey.com>
+250 XP

How difficult is that?

If you think it is so simple, you get a job at the company and write the coding for it yourself. It is a great idea but just because it sounds simple doesn't mean it is!

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 04:38 AM
All my cows, chickens, geese and goats are missing after I added them to their buildings. They were on my first farm where I had added them and then I put the buildings in storage so I could put them on my fourth farm. I got 5 cows as gifts and they were the only ones in there.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?rcid=gift&type=O2&from_uid=1808094022&from_name=Rose&time=1277402006&gift_sig=2c3e67731749fe75376e5fd6b439ac9d&cid=send_gift

REALLY PEOPLE READ THE THREAD OR SEARCH FOR WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW! THIS HAS BEEN DEALT WITH AT LEAST ONCE ON EVERY PAGE OF THIS THREAD. YOU DON"T HAVE TO LOOK VERY HARD OR VERY LONG TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO CORRECT THIS AND AVOID IT IN THE FUTURE!

THE ANSWERS ARE HERE YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK FOR THEM!!!

I would be willing to bet that half of this thread is about people losing their animals and others telling them how to fix it! Yet, 52 pages into this we are still getting the same questions and angry posts that were posted on day 1. :confused:

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 04:39 AM
LOL this is a repeat.... do not move your buildings with animals inside them....... add your animals to storage then your buildings then move them....... just put the buildings back on the same farm you had them on and your animals will hopefully return..... store them separately then move them.....

Isn't this a repeat of a repeat of a repeat? This is like the hundredth time that this has been asked and answered. READ THE THREAD TO FIND THE ANSWERS!

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 04:40 AM
Hello:

Because you can't force fish to grow.

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 04:43 AM
wow! 3rd time my sushi restaurant has been loaded up and when I go and check what is pending it tells me I have no production!!! That totally sucks!!!!

Then why keep loading it up? If you are having problems with it would it not be smarter to work in smaller batches while the devs sift through this endless list of complaints? There is a thread in the forum to report these issue to directly and the devs are aware of the problem and trying to fix it. It is taking so long because they have to look all over the place to fins out what is wrong because the complaints are in the wrong location.

If you hit yourself with a hammer are you going to do it again just to see if it hurts as bad the second time?

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 04:53 AM
whenever I harvest a crop myself I am not getting paid for it,this has happened a cpl times this week.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ummm I don' think that is new. Why would you get paid to harvest your own crops? You payment is the crops and whatever you can make off it selling it at market. I have never been paid to harvest my own crops and neither has anyone that I know. Unless you are using the harvest and sell option instead of the harvest and store option, that is the only thing I can think of that would make it appear that you are getting paid for working your own farm. You don't get paid to plow your own farm, or harvest your own trees either.

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 04:55 AM
I am very disappointed with the gift exchange...when it is not working could you please put a banner up top so we can wait till later to exchange the junk some people send us for what we really need. I now have an ATV that I have absolutely no use for. I traded it for a cherry tree...it looked confirmed, but i still ended up with a stupid ATV....tried again with ground coffee (i have the factory) to exchange for a walnut tree...guess what...now I've got coffee in my gift box...I am getting tired of glitches...thanks

Maybe the devs should just stop trying to make the game better for us.

As far as the gift exchange I have not had one instance of it not working. You have to click on the "click here" link and then click the exchange button after you have decided what you want to exchange it for. TWO CLICKS NOT ONE!

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 04:59 AM
Filling up the factories since the new update is taking so long. The xp takes ages to catch up its really spoiling the enjoyment of the game for me along with all the other problems:(

Again, maybe they should just stop trying to make the game better for us. Updates often come with glitches, especially when it is a beta game to begin with. The xp taking a while to catch up is a pain but when compared to the hard work and effort that the devs ahve put into this I think that we could be a little more understanding since we know (if anyone bothers to read anything here, instead of just posting comments on how bad they have made it suck) that they are aware of the problems and working to correct them.

Thank you devs for your hard work and effort to bring us new fun stuff and correct the problems as quickly as possible. Some of us do appreciate what you are doing!

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 05:00 AM
it should be located in 'my documents/application data/macromedia' somewhere, you may have to perform a search for it. what that will do is make the game reload all your farm data from the server again, rather than from cached files, it might help

Did 2 different searches for this and cannot find it on my system at all.

Mrs Borgies
Jun 26 2010, 05:08 AM
I see lots of frustration happening in this thread; only a matter of time and it will all be sorted. Take a deep breath people! :)

Melody Frost Warren
Jun 26 2010, 07:46 AM
My Large Seeder and Plower do not work......will only do one plot at a time and I lose fuel if I try to use it....so have to plant all 4 farms singularly.....this is too slow and aggravating, it has been over a month now and they still do not work...ready to give up on farmtown!

Tony D
Jun 26 2010, 08:00 AM
My Large Seeder and Plower do not work......will only do one plot at a time and I lose fuel if I try to use it....so have to plant all 4 farms singularly.....this is too slow and aggravating, it has been over a month now and they still do not work...ready to give up on farmtown!Hi, Melody, check your preference settings (wrench icon) if there is not a tick beside "remove spaces between fields " then put one there.

Rob T
Jun 26 2010, 08:31 AM

This is where it's located on my system

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\LJZA67N4\cdn.slashkey.com

you might have to show hidden files to get to it

Rob T
Jun 26 2010, 08:39 AM
Again, maybe they should just stop trying to make the game better for us. Updates often come with glitches, especially when it is a beta game to begin with. The xp taking a while to catch up is a pain but when compared to the hard work and effort that the devs ahve put into this I think that we could be a little more understanding since we know (if anyone bothers to read anything here, instead of just posting comments on how bad they have made it suck) that they are aware of the problems and working to correct them.

Thank you devs for your hard work and effort to bring us new fun stuff and correct the problems as quickly as possible. Some of us do appreciate what you are doing!

Weird thing is, on my system, which isn't a particularly fast system.... i don't have any trouble with xp updating... mind you i do take a few steps to make it faster

1. i direct link all 4 of my farms so i don't have to go through #1 everytime
2. while updating xp, i usually zoom all the way down to my avatar, cutting out as much of the graphic detail as i can (especially animals)
3. making sure my cache is clear, & flash is right upto date

i can usually get about 6 xp's per second :)

And you're right, the devs are doing an amazing job, and one expects a few glitches now and again, especially on a beta game thats uptdated contantly as we play... GREAT JOB DEVS :)

alexcine
Jun 26 2010, 08:42 AM
Sure wish you would give an opportunity to purchase all facilities with something other that just farm cash. i am at level 90 so unless they raise that ceiling i cannot get anymore facilities which I need to make my farm more profitable. Please make this suggestion.

Molly Mew
Jun 26 2010, 09:47 AM

Hi Speedmonkey. :)

You can delete all of your macromedia files using this link:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

Just click 'delete all sites' and confirm.

Rob T
Jun 26 2010, 11:24 AM

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

oh wow, haha, learn something new everyday, i didn't know that, thanks Molly :)

cindycindy
Jun 26 2010, 12:15 PM
grrrrrrr i planted about 40 wheat and it costs me 6000????????? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

cindycindy
Jun 26 2010, 01:00 PM
ok this game is crazy!!!!! i went and did all my trees which werealot NOT ONE OF THEM WENT TO MY STORAGE!!!!!!!!!! GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WENT TO MY FACILITIES TO MAKE STUFF AND THE TREES STUFF WAS NOT THERE!!!....WHEN U HARVEST URSELF U DONT GET MONEY WHEN U HARVEST THE TREES URSELF U DONT GET NUFFIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 03:02 PM

I did not delete all sites I scrolled through the list until I found the slashkey site and just deleted it. I have yet to reload we will see if that works.

Thanks Mew

Follow Up:

This seems to work. After clearing the slashkey data it seems to also have corrected the XP issue. My XP is adding up much faster now and not lagging so bad. So others having to stand around and wait for their xp to finish catching up to them might try this as well. It seems to have worked for me! I recommend bookmarking the adobe site so that you can clear it on a regular basis or when you start noticing lags.

Again, Thanks Mew!

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 03:04 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\LJZA67N4\cdn.slashkey.com

Even after showing hidden files I was still unable to find this folder. Are you still running XP or are you using Vista? That is the only reason I can think of that it would not work.

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 03:07 PM
ok this game is crazy!!!!! i went and did all my trees which werealot NOT ONE OF THEM WENT TO MY STORAGE!!!!!!!!!! GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WENT TO MY FACILITIES TO MAKE STUFF AND THE TREES STUFF WAS NOT THERE!!!....WHEN U HARVEST URSELF U DONT GET MONEY WHEN U HARVEST THE TREES URSELF U DONT GET NUFFIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try refreshing the game after you harvest your trees. That might help. I have noticed a few times that stuff is missing but if I refresh it shows up. Sometimes the most simplistic solution is the answer.

Rob T
Jun 26 2010, 04:00 PM
Even after showing hidden files I was still unable to find this folder. Are you still running XP or are you using Vista? That is the only reason I can think of that it would not work.

Im running XP :) i've no reason to change it :), but anyways, no worries thanks to Molly, i didn't even know about that little utility on the adobe site.. but i am glad you got it sorted out, i had a feeling that was the case :)

Maybe a new thread should be started called tips on speeding up the game :) i myself do quite a few different things besides the cache, zooming right down to limit the detail (especially animals), making sure flash is upto date etc etc

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 04:55 PM
Im running XP :) i've no reason to change it :), but anyways, no worries thanks to Molly, i didn't even know about that little utility on the adobe site.. but i am glad you got it sorted out, i had a feeling that was the case :)

Maybe a new thread should be started called tips on speeding up the game :) i myself do quite a few different things besides the cache, zooming right down to limit the detail (especially animals), making sure flash is upto date etc etc

Maybe you could post a list of those little tips here or if you would not mind sending me a copy of them in a private message through here. It is really difficult to know them all since I rarely mess with those kinds of settings on my system. I know how to do it all I just don't know which ones will make a difference and which ones will not. I had to upgrade to Vista so that all of my school programs would work. Going to college means I have to upgrade everything to stay compatible with all the programs that they require me to use.

Rob T
Jun 26 2010, 05:32 PM
Maybe you could post a list of those little tips here or if you would not mind sending me a copy of them in a private message through here. It is really difficult to know them all since I rarely mess with those kinds of settings on my system. I know how to do it all I just don't know which ones will make a difference and which ones will not. I had to upgrade to Vista so that all of my school programs would work. Going to college means I have to upgrade everything to stay compatible with all the programs that they require me to use.

1. I personally use Firefox 3.6.3, it seems to be faster for flash based games

2. make sure you have a nice clean copy of the most recent flash player, i uninstall it first, then re-install it.. to remove flash from your system

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

3. clearing out your browsers cache, and cdn.slashkey.com

4. bookmarking a direct link to all 4 farms so you don't have to go through 1 e.g

apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=##########&farm_ix=#
replace the ########## with your own farm ID number and the # with 0,1,2 or 3, for the 4 farms

5. after going into facilities and loading up loads of stuff, zoom in on your avatar, blocking out as much graphic detail as possible, especially animals
... maybe even turning your trees off too

Hope some of this will help out some farmers here :) if anyone knows any further tips :) let us know :)

SunnyD
Jun 26 2010, 06:44 PM
I did the delete the cdn slashkey folder... had forgotten about that really great fix... it has helped i believe at least Flash has not crashed again..... hoping this is good... will have to see how the loading production works....... thanks for reminding me....

SunnyD
Jun 26 2010, 06:51 PM

when you harvest your own crops you get an option to sell your crops or to add to storage to make more money.. you do get your crops or trees put in storage to sell or use for production. just be sure you choose that option......i have made that mistake a couple times myself as i am sure most of us have and thought we lost our crops ..........

snow_angel
Jun 26 2010, 08:01 PM
REALLY PEOPLE READ THE THREAD OR SEARCH FOR WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW! THIS HAS BEEN DEALT WITH AT LEAST ONCE ON EVERY PAGE OF THIS THREAD. YOU DON"T HAVE TO LOOK VERY HARD OR VERY LONG TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO CORRECT THIS AND AVOID IT IN THE FUTURE!

THE ANSWERS ARE HERE YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK FOR THEM!!!

I would be willing to bet that half of this thread is about people losing their animals and others telling them how to fix it! Yet, 52 pages into this we are still getting the same questions and angry posts that were posted on day 1. :confused:

Bumping this up in hopes people will read it and do what it says. How much you want to bet someone will post their problems with their animals

Grumpa
Jun 26 2010, 08:50 PM
I see lots of frustration happening in this thread; only a matter of time and it will all be sorted. Take a deep breath people! :)

Yes, but just wait for the next update. :confused:

And it will :D start all over again. :eek:

snow_angel
Jun 26 2010, 09:04 PM

Well of course it will. You know some people just are not happy unless they have something to complain about

Mrs Borgies
Jun 26 2010, 09:10 PM

Can't wait...rubbing hands together in anticipation. :D

Grumpa
Jun 26 2010, 09:11 PM

SO Don't Use the Gift Exchange. Keep all the junk you are sent and sell it. Or even better yet just Ignore the gift.:eek:

snow_angel
Jun 26 2010, 09:16 PM
I got that atv by mistake. I was going to exchange the gift I got but for some stupid reason clicked on 'exchange' before I selected what I wanted. Oh well learn from our mistakes (well some of us) Oh and I sold the atv

cberonich
Jun 26 2010, 09:19 PM
1. I personally use Firefox 3.6.3, it seems to be faster for flash based games

2. make sure you have a nice clean copy of the most recent flash player, i uninstall it first, then re-install it.. to remove flash from your system

3. clearing out your browsers cache, and cdn.slashkey.com

4. bookmarking a direct link to all 4 farms so you don't have to go through 1 e.g

apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=##########&farm_ix=#
replace the ########## with your own farm ID number and the # with 0,1,2 or 3, for the 4 farms

5. after going into facilities and loading up loads of stuff, zoom in on your avatar, blocking out as much graphic detail as possible, especially animals
... maybe even turning your trees off too

Hope some of this will help out some farmers here :) if anyone knows any further tips :) let us know :)
I'm using Mac OS 10.3. I found my slashkey files in macromedia, but I've never messed around with these files before. What happens to your computer when you delete them? I'm just a little nervouse about getting rid of all the farm stuff. Will it run faster after this?
I should say that I have two facebook accounts and I have farms on both of them. The more recent farm (last month) does run much faster than my older farm (over a year old).
I've just noticed in the last month or so that everything is running slower on the older farm, harvesting/plowing/planting/facilities. I clear my chache all the time and delete cookies, but that doesn't seem to help much anymore.

Grumpa
Jun 26 2010, 09:34 PM
I got that atv by mistake. I was going to exchange the gift I got but for some stupid reason clicked on 'exchange' before I selected what I wanted. Oh well learn from our mistakes (well some of us) Oh and I sold the atv

done that on more then 1 occasion.:D

and still feel stupid about it every time.:eek:

RosesToAshes
Jun 26 2010, 09:49 PM
Really? Ive read a total of two pages... and the majority is complaining about stupid little things.. GET OVER IT seriously FarmTown has 6,283,842 active players/user (taken from a facebook page so add myspace and you got a lot of people) Nothing will run perfectly with that many people to tend with, computer programs ect. if you all want to complain about something go play Farmville by Zynga and see how much better FarmTown really is...

snow_angel
Jun 26 2010, 09:55 PM
Really? Ive read a total of two pages... and the majority is complaining about stupid little things.. GET OVER IT seriously FarmTown has 6,283,842 active players/user (taken from a facebook page so add myspace and you got a lot of people) Nothing will run perfectly with that many people to tend with, computer programs ect. if you all want to complain about something go play Farmville by Zynga and see how much better FarmTown really is...

Plus with farmville you need farm cash for 99.9% of the stuff to buy for decorations

Mrs Borgies
Jun 26 2010, 09:56 PM
For those that are having issues, I have just finished going through the following process and can't believe how much better my games are now.

I don't think we are allowed to post outside links but going to risk it here and hope it is allow to stay to help so many that are having huge issues and don't know where to find information that they need.

Since the last Firefox upgrade to 3.6.4, I have found the latest version of flash is playing havoc with lots of lagging with anything using flash.

This Adobe Tool will help to clear anything that flash is storing on your computer so that it is nice and clean. I deleted all website using this tool so that when I visit my favourite pages, the page loads up as if I have never visited before. It does not delete your applications so don't worry about that.

Worth a try if you are having problems or just want to freshen/speed up applications that you enjoy.

I did see some improvement but decided to uninstall Flash and install a fresh one. Wow...the difference is what I was looking for. No lag at all now.

I used an uninstaller that can be found at this link....easy to do.

I then reinstalled from this link...once more easy to do.
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

PS... un-tick Free McAfee® Security Scan Plus (optional) if you don't want that to install.

Installing Flash updates can cause issues with previous versions, which is the case this time round for me and the reason that I had to uninstall the old version.

Hope this is of some help.

I should add that I am using Windows 7 plus Firefox browser. My machine is a 64 bit

Rob T
Jun 26 2010, 11:20 PM
I'm using Mac OS 10.3. I found my slashkey files in macromedia, but I've never messed around with these files before. What happens to your computer when you delete them? I'm just a little nervouse about getting rid of all the farm stuff. Will it run faster after this?
I should say that I have two facebook accounts and I have farms on both of them. The more recent farm (last month) does run much faster than my older farm (over a year old).
I've just noticed in the last month or so that everything is running slower on the older farm, harvesting/plowing/planting/facilities. I clear my chache all the time and delete cookies, but that doesn't seem to help much anymore.

all that happens when you delete them, is the game is forced into reloading your entire farm from the server instead of the cache files stored in cdn.slashkey.com

it basically works the same as the browsers cache, but for flash instead

and yes, it can make things run a little smoother :)

speedmonkey
Jun 26 2010, 11:30 PM

AMEN! Thank you for saying it. I guess I should have but I didn't. If you all want to continue to whine and complain just stop playing. Delete your farm and go play a game that runs slower than a turtle. Farm your little hearts out in Farmville and pay out the a** for the useless **** they want you to have (cause they won't give you what you ask for). Rely on your neighbors to make your crops grow bigger and have to sit and click just as much (even more than here because you can't hire people to plow for you) to get any XP. Put all the cartoon buildings on your 1(ONE) farm and stare at how pretty they are cause they don't do anything else. Forget getting better income from your crops because you can't turn them in to anything else. This is how ever a wonderful solution to all your animal, crop, and production problems because you can't do anything with all the **** that you grow. Oh and don't forget to enjoy the never ending pop-up screens every two seconds asking you to share all your **** with your neighbors but you can't have any of it yourself even though it came from your farm!

To everyone else please continue to enjoy your game. It should run better and smoother once all the people that want to complain leave!

kperry7411
Jun 27 2010, 12:08 AM
I absolutely love he new facilities so much that I finally broke done and bought farm dollars!
How about making pumpkin pies?

Duck Duck Goose
Jun 27 2010, 12:50 AM
Maybe the devs should just stop trying to make the game better for us.

As far as the gift exchange I have not had one instance of it not working. You have to click on the "click here" link and then click the exchange button after you have decided what you want to exchange it for. TWO CLICKS NOT ONE!

Dude, the **** dont work on myspace........... neither did the produce fatster, and some other stuff.
MS cannot exchange gifts.

Duck Duck Goose
Jun 27 2010, 12:54 AM

Theres really nothing in that. All it is is a folder with a txt document in it with very very very little information.

SunnyD
Jun 27 2010, 12:56 AM

if you follow these directions that i copied from the Help and support section a while back you will find this will be very helpful... after you delete the folders ok and you reboot your pc and sign back into farm town it will rebuild the folders a pure clean install of Farm Town like your very first visit......
the messages here with outside links will be removed guys we can't put outside links a mod will remove them ok??

here you go:

**Further to clearing browser cache and history to ‘clean’ the system, there will be a cdn. folder in your computer’s C drive which collects corrupt and ‘trash’ files from flash-based games such as Farm Town.
Clearing this can help with some issues, such as connection errors, loading issues, and sometimes problems with chat, hiring and invisibility on the game.**

This is to be used ONLY after all other suggestions have failed, and ONLY if you are confident about deleting files within the root drive of your computer.
You need to have administrator access to your PC in order to do this.

The name of the folder is cdn.slashkey.com, and it will typically be found in the Macromedia folder on C:\ drive.
This folder contains all of flash player’s cached files, and clearing it forces a ‘rebuild’ of the information so that the new connection to the game is completely clean (like a new start)

To search for it, go to start menu > search > files folder > and enter cdn.slashkey.com.
Make sure your Internet Browser is closed, and no other files are open, or you will get an error.

Select the folder and delete it.

Reboot your computer before reloading the browser and logging back into Farm Town. This recreates the folder with fresh contents and server information, and forces an update of your system in relation to the game.

Mrs Borgies
Jun 27 2010, 01:05 AM
the messages here with outside links will be removed guys we can't put outside links a mod will remove them ok??

I have now deleted it and surprised it hasn't been deleted before now... pity about that as the links are relevant to some of the problems this game is having and not spam or self serving. Hopefully some managed to grab the links! :p;)

SunnyD
Jun 27 2010, 02:17 AM
I have now deleted it and surprised it hasn't been deleted before now... pity about that as the links are relevant to some of the problems this game is having and not spam or self serving. Hopefully some managed to grab the links! :p;)

actually the directions i left up here were from the help and support section and it removes all the junk flash files for you it is a very helpful thing you need to do when we have updates i do it every time and biggest part of the gliches are solved with doing that........for real

Mrs Borgies
Jun 27 2010, 02:39 AM
actually the directions i left up here were from the help and support section and it removes all the junk flash files for you it is a very helpful thing you need to do when we have updates i do it every time and biggest part of the gliches are solved with doing that........for real

True although many are not confident nor understand the process. Sometimes sorting out computer issues are as good as playing any games....now I say sometimes! :D lol

SunnyD
Jun 27 2010, 02:40 AM
i'm posting too much . part of the troubles we are having with Farm Town may be attributed to Face book doing updates. I don't know if it is just throwing it out there as a possibility with loading issues and crashes..... who knows .......

SunnyD
Jun 27 2010, 03:02 AM
i'm posting too much . part of the troubles we are having with Farm Town may be attributed to Face book doing updates. I don't know if it is just throwing it out there as a possibility with loading issues and crashes..... who knows .......

Mrs Borgies
Jun 27 2010, 03:58 AM
Firefox has a new update...version 3.6.6

Fingers crossed it will solve some of the issues here who prefer that browser.

Rob T
Jun 27 2010, 04:21 AM
Firefox has a new update...version 3.6.6

Fingers crossed it will solve some of the issues here who prefer that browser.

Let me know how that version works out, i had rolled back to 3.6.3 which worked great for me, 3.6.4 totally sucked when it came to FT

Rob T
Jun 27 2010, 04:22 AM

hehe, thats probably why i've experienced very few glitches, except for maybe one time my sushi vanishing, but thats only happened one time, and not since then

Molly Mew
Jun 27 2010, 05:44 AM

Hi Mrs Borgies. :)

I've undeleted your post, as the external links you posted are useful ones which we Mods have checked out before for relevance and safety, and in fact have used ourselves in the Help and Support section.

Sleepyhallow is correct - we don't generally allow external links to be posted, but we can and do allow ones that are safety checked and useful to other players.

Please feel free in future to PM one of us Mods with any links you might want to use, and we can either allow or refuse permission for them to be posted.

Thanks. :)

Mrs Borgies
Jun 27 2010, 05:55 AM
Hi Mrs Borgies. :)

I've undeleted your post, as the external links you posted are useful ones which we Mods have checked out before for relevance and safety, and in fact have used ourselves in the Help and Support section.

Sleepyhallow is correct - we don't generally allow external links to be posted, but we can and do allow ones that are safety checked and useful to other players.

Please feel free in future to PM one of us Mods with any links you might want to use, and we can either allow or refuse permission for them to be posted.

Thanks. :)

Thank you Molly Mew and I will certainly PM the Mods with links in the future. :)

Molly Mew
Jun 27 2010, 06:03 AM
oh wow, haha, learn something new everyday, i didn't know that, thanks Molly :)

You're welcome, Rob. It's just an easier way to do the same thing, as it saves searching for the file in C Drive and running the risk of deleting something important. :)

I did not delete all sites I scrolled through the list until I found the slashkey site and just deleted it. I have yet to reload we will see if that works.

Thanks Mew

Follow Up:

This seems to work. After clearing the slashkey data it seems to also have corrected the XP issue. My XP is adding up much faster now and not lagging so bad. So others having to stand around and wait for their xp to finish catching up to them might try this as well. It seems to have worked for me! I recommend bookmarking the adobe site so that you can clear it on a regular basis or when you start noticing lags.

Again, Thanks Mew!

That works too, just deleting the Slashkey data. I'm glad it made a difference for you. :) As someone else mentioned, it just gets rid of all the junk flash player leaves behind and forces a 'clean' reload of the game.

And I see you've already made a start. :) This is one of the things I love about this forum.. so many players willing to give time and energy to helping other players. You guys are great. :D

krbrown2000
Jun 27 2010, 07:37 AM
I don't see that a new release has been done, but have they been tweaking? It suddenly seems easier to fish. Before I'd click and click and click with not much results, but now every click just about produces a fish. Hope that's the case and it's not my imagination!

Mrs Borgies
Jun 27 2010, 07:46 AM
Let me know how that version works out, i had rolled back to 3.6.3 which worked great for me, 3.6.4 totally sucked when it came to FT

I don't see that a new release has been done, but have they been tweaking? It suddenly seems easier to fish. Before I'd click and click and click with not much results, but now every click just about produces a fish. Hope that's the case and it's not my imagination!

I have Firefox version 3.6.6 now installed and running smoothly. Hopefully the same for others that have bitten the bullet and installed it. If not running better, please read this thread carefully to help try to smooth out the bumps.

Happy fishing! :D

Going to the Mozilla Firefox website, you can read more about the 3.6.6 update there.

Molly Mew
Jun 27 2010, 07:50 AM
I have Firefox version 3.6.6 now installed and running smoothly. Hopefully the same for others that have bitten the bullet and installed it. If not running better, please read this thread carefully to help try to smooth out the bumps.

Going to the Mozilla Firefox website, you can read more about the 3.6.6 update there.

That's good news. It's looking more and more like the last FF update was a bit of a disaster for flash (lol) Thanks for letting us know 3.6.6. seems to be OK. :)

Rob T
Jun 27 2010, 08:00 AM
And I see you've already made a start. :) This is one of the things I love about this forum.. so many players willing to give time and energy to helping other players. You guys are great. :D

I love to help out where i can, and i love playing FT :) i hope between all of us we can keep FT going for many years to come :)

Rob T
Jun 27 2010, 08:06 AM
That's good news. It's looking more and more like the last FF update was a bit of a disaster for flash (lol) Thanks for letting us know 3.6.6. seems to be OK. :)

no kidding, the last FF update is what got me started on all these tweaks and fixes. i tried everything i could think of, re-installing what i could and everything, and still was bad. until i finally came to the conclusion it was the FF update. i will update to 3.6.6, and see how that goes.

UPDATE: i tried 3.6.6, it was an improvement on 3.6.4..... but i'm sorry to say, its nowhere near close to how smooth i had 3.6.3 running, so for the time being, i have reverted to 3.6.3, and again, game runs perfectly great on that

snow_angel
Jun 27 2010, 08:38 AM
AMEN! Thank you for saying it. I guess I should have but I didn't. If you all want to continue to whine and complain just stop playing. Delete your farm and go play a game that runs slower than a turtle. Farm your little hearts out in Farmville and pay out the a** for the useless **** they want you to have (cause they won't give you what you ask for). Rely on your neighbors to make your crops grow bigger and have to sit and click just as much (even more than here because you can't hire people to plow for you) to get any XP. Put all the cartoon buildings on your 1(ONE) farm and stare at how pretty they are cause they don't do anything else. Forget getting better income from your crops because you can't turn them in to anything else. This is how ever a wonderful solution to all your animal, crop, and production problems because you can't do anything with all the **** that you grow. Oh and don't forget to enjoy the never ending pop-up screens every two seconds asking you to share all your **** with your neighbors but you can't have any of it yourself even though it came from your farm!

To everyone else please continue to enjoy your game. It should run better and smoother once all the people that want to complain leave!

Well Said but unfortunately the complainers wont leave. They are only happy when they have something to complain about.

SunnyD
Jun 27 2010, 10:58 AM
just totally amazed at the App of the day... I had applied one yesterday and it didn't pay me the FC so i messaged the super rewards folks ... they had me send a full copy of the confirmation email and today my $2 was there.. and yes i was able to add the app of the day today.. was worried about that.... just too cool....

KyJohn
Jun 27 2010, 03:44 PM
I've also been having problems with Firefox on Farm Town. I reinstalled my flash, emptied my cache, and it still acted draggy. So I installed Chrome and gave it a try and it was perfect. Just like Firefox used to act. So for now, I'll use Chrome for Farm Town but keep Firefox as my browser for everything else.

SunnyD
Jun 27 2010, 03:51 PM
I've also been having problems with Firefox on Farm Town. I reinstalled my flash, emptied my cache, and it still acted draggy. So I installed Chrome and gave it a try and it was perfect. Just like Firefox used to act. So for now, I'll use Chrome for Farm Town but keep Firefox as my browser for everything else.

i am also having troubles dang thing... uninstalled flash, reinstalled. updated fire fox.. not sure i have enough ram to install dang chrome....... this is just nuts. i had a partial layer going on and it freaking crashed on me again... guess i will attempt a install on chrome... people say it is better by far than FF has been lately any way...... thing is i am on freaking dial up and dang installs take hours grrrrrr
anyone know if Slash key is still accepting submitted graphics?? the link is there if you go to your account so i am assuming they are...... here's hoping... i did a few things for the farm that i have seen in the suggestions.....

snow_angel
Jun 27 2010, 03:54 PM

I did all that too even upgraded firefox to 3.6.6. I cant even harvest or plow someone else farm as it freezes on me. When selling my crops in the MP it takes forever

TraceyMush
Jun 27 2010, 04:23 PM
l see the harvesting function has been tweaked. THANK YOU!! l used to click so fast trying to stay ahead of that girl - she moved like lightning LOL - always getting in my way. Seems that now l can click where l want as she is moving at a more normal speed.
Whew...!

TraceyMush
Jun 27 2010, 04:30 PM
no kidding, the last FF update is what got me started on all these tweaks and fixes. i tried everything i could think of, re-installing what i could and everything, and still was bad. until i finally came to the conclusion it was the FF update. i will update to 3.6.6, and see how that goes.

UPDATE: i tried 3.6.6, it was an improvement on 3.6.4..... but i'm sorry to say, its nowhere near close to how smooth i had 3.6.3 running, so for the time being, i have reverted to 3.6.3, and again, game runs perfectly great on that

THANKS for the info!

Rob T
Jun 27 2010, 04:48 PM
I did all that too even upgraded firefox to 3.6.6. I cant even harvest or plow someone else farm as it freezes on me. When selling my crops in the MP it takes forever

i found FF 3.6.4 or later have all been very sluggish with flash games
i went back to 3.6.3, which was perfect, i also use chrome too

Molly Mew
Jun 27 2010, 04:55 PM

i am also having troubles dang thing... uninstalled flash, reinstalled. updated fire fox.. not sure i have enough ram to install dang chrome....... this is just nuts. i had a partial layer going on and it freaking crashed on me again... guess i will attempt a install on chrome... people say it is better by far than FF has been lately any way...... thing is i am on freaking dial up and dang installs take hours grrrrrr
anyone know if Slash key is still accepting submitted graphics?? the link is there if you go to your account so i am assuming they are...... here's hoping... i did a few things for the farm that i have seen in the suggestions.....

The last Firefox update didn't work at all well with flash based games. Some players have gone back to version 3.6.3 and others have updated to 3.6.6.

I have all 3 main browsers on my PC so I can monitor what's happening (lol) and the 3.6.6 version of FF is working fine for me with the new flash update. BUT.. it will only work properly if you uninstall the old flash player, clear cache, clear macromedia files, turn off the PC and reboot.

Sleepy, I really feel for you being on dial up, and I'm truly amazed that you manage to run Farm Town without Broadband.

Rob T
Jun 27 2010, 05:03 PM
The last Firefox update didn't work at all well with flash based games. Some players have gone back to version 3.6.3 and others have updated to 3.6.6.

I have all 3 main browsers on my PC so I can monitor what's happening (lol) and the 3.6.6 version of FF is working fine for me with the new flash update. BUT.. it will only work properly if you uninstall the old flash player, clear cache, clear macromedia files, turn off the PC and reboot.

Sleepy, I really feel for you being on dial up, and I'm truly amazed that you manage to run Farm Town without Broadband.

hopefully now farmtown itself wont keep getting the blame LOL

bagoshen
Jun 27 2010, 05:16 PM
Heck it was crazy to blame FT anyway.

snow_angel
Jun 27 2010, 05:17 PM
Ok I cleared everything then uninstalled the flash player again then rebooted then installed the flash player again. I didn't reboot the first time so will see if that makes a difference. I don't think this is a farmtown issue cause I'm having problems on another game I play

Molly Mew
Jun 27 2010, 05:19 PM

Hehehe. I won't be holding my breath. ;)

SunnyD
Jun 27 2010, 06:30 PM

Actually Molly Farm Town is the only game that will load for me and play well... Which I am so totally happy about...... this is the greatest game... and I have met the most wonderful people here.... I get all crazy when the weather is bad and I can't get on LOL i go into withdrawals..

AlicefayeNC
Jun 27 2010, 07:45 PM
I have looked in facilities and can't find the pig pen. Can anyone help me?

Alice Faye

Rob T
Jun 27 2010, 07:55 PM
I have looked in facilities and can't find the pig pen. Can anyone help me?

Alice Faye

Yes, The pigsty is under the buildings catagory, not the facilities one :)

SunnyD
Jun 28 2010, 02:00 AM
seems some changes have been going on or my removing the flash and reinstalling has made a big difference. the exp points when sending things into production has been going faster. and the queuing up when someone plows is unreal....... has there been changes???

SunnyD
Jun 28 2010, 03:19 AM
hey tonyd you owe me $25 farm cash.... as soon as someone plows you can seed lol lol
updates lol you know where my farm is lol

Tony D
Jun 28 2010, 03:24 AM
hey tonyd you owe me $25 farm cash.... as soon as someone plows you can seed lol lol
updates lol you know where my farm is lol :confused: Huh :confused:

Old Goat
Jun 28 2010, 09:51 AM

I have no idea what version was available when we first started playing (check my 'joined' date, too lazy to myself) but we used FF and it did freeze up often. We switched over to Chrome and it runs well. Lately though I can't get through loading my facilities without timing out several times and get timed out a lot working other's facilities. This may be computer related, don't know for sure yet.

Rob T
Jun 28 2010, 09:59 AM
I have no idea what version was available when we first started playing (check my 'joined' date, too lazy to myself) but we used FF and it did freeze up often. We switched over to Chrome and it runs well. Lately though I can't get through loading my facilities without timing out several times and get timed out a lot working other's facilities. This may be computer related, don't know for sure yet.

We've done a few posts in this thread of things people can try
one of the main fixes that we suggested is to clear the macromedia cache itself
use this link http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html and on that applet, it will allow you to delete cdn.slashkey.com and force the game to be loaded fresh from the server

another thing you can try, as mentioned in previous posts on this thread, is reinstalling the flash player

Old Goat
Jun 28 2010, 10:41 AM
use this link http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html and on that applet, it will allow you to delete cdn.slashkey.com and force the game to be loaded fresh from the server

another thing you can try, as mentioned in previous posts on this thread, is reinstalling the flash player

Thanks for the suggestions Rob. I've gone through those threads and we've tried all that but doesn't make a difference. Did it all as suggested. The cdn. file doesn't appear at all anywhere. I'm pretty sure the problem has a lot to do with the computer I'm using.

Rob T
Jun 28 2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Rob. I've gone through those threads and we've tried all that but doesn't make a difference. Did it all as suggested. The cdn. file doesn't appear at all anywhere. I'm pretty sure the problem has a lot to do with the computer I'm using.

its quite possible that something else running on your system is interfering, do you know how to check the computers startup programs?

Old Goat
Jun 28 2010, 11:21 AM
its quite possible that something else running on your system is interfering, do you know how to check the computers startup programs?

Yes Rob I do and have done that. Nothing there that shouldn't be.

Rob T
Jun 28 2010, 11:30 AM
Yes Rob I do and have done that. Nothing there that shouldn't be.

wish i could be of more help, if you find a solution, please let me know, it could prove useful to others here :)

OH, one thing that i usually do is have a bookmark link to each farm individually, so i dont have to go through farm 1, i find it helps when loading up the facilities.. cos then the game loads fresh, rather than loading from another farm

Old Goat
Jun 28 2010, 12:32 PM
wish i could be of more help, if you find a solution, please let me know, it could prove useful to others here :)

OH, one thing that i usually do is have a bookmark link to each farm individually, so i dont have to go through farm 1, i find it helps when loading up the facilities.. cos then the game loads fresh, rather than loading from another farm

My computer's proccessor is a full gig faster than my wife's computer and 250meg more ram, but she doesn't have anywhere near the same trouble timing out that I do. I notice my hard drive runs all out for long periods and often, her's doesn't. When it does this it really slows things down. Last time I was in bio I noticed something different about the hard drive but don't recall what it was. Have to go back to check that out some time. I was told by someone my problem is because it is an eMachine but don't know if that is fact.

Rob T
Jun 28 2010, 01:02 PM
My computer's proccessor is a full gig faster than my wife's computer and 250meg more ram, but she doesn't have anywhere near the same trouble timing out that I do. I notice my hard drive runs all out for long periods and often, her's doesn't. When it does this it really slows things down. Last time I was in bio I noticed something different about the hard drive but don't recall what it was. Have to go back to check that out some time. I was told by someone my problem is because it is an eMachine but don't know if that is fact.

i can't see how the fact that it's an eMachine would effect things like that, specially as you say it USED to be fine. from my experience, when a hard drive is working too hard like that, is usually because of either 1. It's having to use virtual ram, which is stored on the hard drive, or 2. the drive needs badly defragging, or 3. the drive is getting full

DARLENEW
Jun 28 2010, 01:14 PM
Then why keep loading it up? If you are having problems with it would it not be smarter to work in smaller batches while the devs sift through this endless list of complaints? There is a thread in the forum to report these issue to directly and the devs are aware of the problem and trying to fix it. It is taking so long because they have to look all over the place to fins out what is wrong because the complaints are in the wrong location.

If you hit yourself with a hammer are you going to do it again just to see if it hurts as bad the second time?
LOL...that was sooo funny, speedmonkey........good answer!!!

scon24
Jun 28 2010, 03:05 PM
not getting SALMON , LOBSTER, TUNA COD GROUPER or YELLOWTAIL I have small lake, sea coast, pond & rivers

Deb NZ
Jun 28 2010, 03:29 PM
You need the large sea coast and the lake with the boat

SunnyD
Jun 28 2010, 03:37 PM
not getting SALMON , LOBSTER, TUNA COD GROUPER or YELLOWTAIL I have small lake, sea coast, pond & rivers

if you just go to the store and click on the ??? on the ponds , lakes etc.. it will tell you what fish are in each..........

Greyelk81
Jun 28 2010, 03:57 PM
woot woot woot ty devs :)

Made level 60 in 3 wks and proud of that too!

SueW170
Jun 28 2010, 04:14 PM
Made level 60 in 3 wks and proud of that too!
Starting from the beginning? WoW

SunnyD
Jun 28 2010, 05:41 PM
may I ask which of the new facilities are not working properly yet??

SueW170
Jun 29 2010, 03:43 AM
Read the info at this link. It doesn't apply on my Mac OS 10.6 system, using Safari 5.0. However, when I reset Safari, which I do at least once daily, basically I am doing something similar and I have not had the problems being frequently reported with FT (and other aps). The image below shows the options I routinely check mark when resetting Safari.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14234&pictureid=35098

cindycindy
Jun 29 2010, 10:51 AM
ok i did all these peoples trees and they did not go into my storage!!!! whats with that...and i had people do mine and not a one in there grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

SunnyD
Jun 29 2010, 01:21 PM
i need a mod to help me with something.. i was given this link to get gifts for farmtown i am not sure it is a legal type thing.. and should be reported.... this chick that gave me the link hired me to harvest on her farm to do her trees. and i was not able to harvest. so this is most likely an illegal site .....help please!! think i need to go back to her farm and find her on Fb and block her....

smdamd
Jun 29 2010, 02:22 PM
First time this has happened to me - trying to load FT today and getting just a Green Screen, and IE says "done" at the bottom. At least I think it's green, I'm colorblind. Adds to the excitement of finding ripe apple and cranberry trees.

Hate to see crops go to waste - any help out there?

SunnyD
Jun 29 2010, 02:56 PM
First time this has happened to me - trying to load FT today and getting just a Green Screen, and IE says "done" at the bottom. At least I think it's green, I'm colorblind. Adds to the excitement of finding ripe apple and cranberry trees.

Hate to see crops go to waste - any help out there?

it is probably your browser. unfortunately IE and flash just don't mix.... If you can.. try to download google chrome or Fire Fox. they are much more compatible with Flash...then go to adobe site and use their uninstaller you can do a search for it at adobe and uninstall your flash and empty your temp files and then reinstall it..and reboot your pc.... hope that helps you....

Rob T
Jun 29 2010, 03:48 PM
it is probably your browser. unfortunately IE and flash just don't mix.... If you can.. try to download google chrome or Fire Fox. they are much more compatible with Flash...then go to adobe site and use their uninstaller you can do a search for it at adobe and uninstall your flash and empty your temp files and then reinstall it..and reboot your pc.... hope that helps you....

ummmm does IE mix with anything????? lmao

servocrow
Jun 29 2010, 04:11 PM
I've always used IE but just encountered the big honking green screen after the last update...I mean, there's always some little thing, yes? I can escape out of the screen, reboot..and it is fine. I think it has happened maybe 5 or 6 times since the 18th.

But it is weird...GREEN PASTURES AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE! :D

vne49
Jun 29 2010, 04:51 PM
Where can Y get cows and goats?

PRT
Jun 29 2010, 04:53 PM
They have to be gifted. Ask your neighbors.

adshaddd
Jun 29 2010, 04:57 PM
when I put my animals in their barns and then logged out and came back in all of my animals were gone. This is from all of my accounts. How do I get them back????

Molly Mew
Jun 29 2010, 05:18 PM
i need a mod to help me with something.. i was given this link to get gifts for farmtown i am not sure it is a legal type thing.. and should be reported.... this chick that gave me the link hired me to harvest on her farm to do her trees. and i was not able to harvest. so this is most likely an illegal site .....help please!! think i need to go back to her farm and find her on Fb and block her....

Hi Sleepy. :)

I posted the official Slashkey response to these links a short while back, as they're becoming more prevalent. Here it is:

Slashkey is aware that users are implementing these sorts of game tactics and they are not condoned, as they are cheating.

Also, when clicking on the free gift links, users are taking their fate into their own hands, because we don't have any control over the content of those links and they are clicking at their own risk.

If these links are posted on the Farm Town discussion board, or anywhere else where Slashkey has any control whatsoever, they can and will be deleted.

Some have already been removed; if there are any more out there, please send the link via private message to myself or to another moderator, and we will ask Slashkey admin to deal with it.

Many thanks.

SunnyD
Jun 29 2010, 05:52 PM
Hi Sleepy. :)

I posted the official Slashkey response to these links a short while back, as they're becoming more prevalent. Here it is:

thank you for your response Molly this is the first time I have heard of such things. will defiantly not go to those kind of sites....

MebeMrS
Jun 29 2010, 06:10 PM
thank you for your response Molly this is the first time I have heard of such things. will defiantly not go to those kind of sites....

With the gift exchange.... life is much easier.... I can gift the same thing to everyone.... 40+ neighbors and growing.... twice a day.... sometimes 3 times to some neighbors....

and they do the same back. I am getting gifts (Lots) from neighbors who never gifted before. It is not unusual to open the game and have 15+ gifts waiting.... and they can be what ever I want them to be.

So use the gift and gift-exchange often to get what you need.

In the meantime I plant just the green and purple grapes at all four farms, and make a FORTUNE on the cellar and wineries.... gotta get ready for the next upgrade you know.... :D

As to the gift sites.... so what....let the "buyer" beware. I assume that it or they are accessible to everyone anyway. Don't know about the risks of spam or "unwanted" contacts..... and I don't know if it is worse than having neighbors we never knew, will never meet, and we cannot be sure of. Most of my neighbors are friends or friends of friends, but I still have some fingers crossed..... lol

Big Honking Toe
Jun 29 2010, 07:03 PM
I've always used IE but just encountered the big honking green screen after the last update...I mean, there's always some little thing, yes? I can escape out of the screen, reboot..and it is fine. I think it has happened maybe 5 or 6 times since the 18th.

But it is weird...GREEN PASTURES AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE! :D

You owe me 1 dollar for using part of my name.

servocrow
Jun 29 2010, 07:19 PM
You owe me 1 dollar for using part of my name.

Okie dokie

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_19/1125513081G20Mp6.jpg

I've used it quite alot this week... :D

SunnyD
Jun 29 2010, 08:35 PM
don't know where to ask this. have searched and searched to find out.. does anyone know the send gifts limit on farm town??

Tony D
Jun 29 2010, 09:18 PM
don't know where to ask this. have searched and searched to find out.. does anyone know the send gifts limit on farm town??It was 40 last time I reached it...

satinique6
Jun 29 2010, 10:49 PM
I have not been able to water my flowers on my 4th farm for days now...they are all dead PLEASE help me with this...

TsunamiVince
Jun 30 2010, 12:39 AM
Do I have to re-iterate my enjoyment? TWO AND A HALF HOURS TO LOAD TWO FACTORIES AND I'M STILL NOT DONE.

Tony D
Jun 30 2010, 01:40 AM
Production limits reached

"waiting on w69.slashkey.com"

2 seconds

+1 XP

2 seconds

+1 XP

2 seconds

+1 XP

...OK, I just queued up 27,000 cocoa units. How long is this going to take exactly?

DO YOU SEE HOW OLD THIS GETS? DO YOU SEE HOW OLD THIS GETS? Force your programmers to play this game, it's the only way this rediculous nonsense is going to get fixed.Speaking of forcing people to play this game... Who is forcing you ? We all know it is not perfect but we do have the option not to play it.

TsunamiVince
Jun 30 2010, 01:48 AM
Speaking of forcing people to play this game... Who is forcing you ? We all know it is not perfect but we do have the option not to play it.

I'm simply trying to load my factories. For the past 3 and a half hours I've simply been trying to load my factories. The mouse clicks for this take less than 15 seconds, yet 3.5 hours later I'm still trying to figure out why this doesn't work.

I am a professional computer programmer, I do this for a living. I do this to put food on my table. Nothing gets fixed if no one complains. Nothing gets fixed if the programmers do not use the program.

The main problem is 1) usability and 2) basic computer science concepts. Granted, there are constraints with using flash as the engine for this but the nuclear sized holes in this program are simply due to sloppy programming, programmer's that don't use the program themselves, and the difficulty in farming out general computer science work to people that don't care. It is painfully obvious this is all being farmed out. I'm simply the squeeky wheel trying to get the managers of this project to re-adjust how they are running it.

The fixes for this are simple. Someone just has to care.

Tony D
Jun 30 2010, 02:06 AM
I'm simply trying to load my factories. For the past 3 and a half hours I've simply been trying to load my factories. The mouse clicks for this take less than 15 seconds, yet 3.5 hours later I'm still trying to figure out why this doesn't work.

I am a professional computer programmer, I do this for a living. I do this to put food on my table. Nothing gets fixed if no one complains. Nothing gets fixed if the programmers do not use the program.I do take your point on the fact that it takes a long time (once you have loaded the facilities) for the process to complete. Judging by the amount of posts on this subject I am sure the developers are aware of the time lag. I just believe that games should be fun (even if they have bugs, poor progamming , glitches etc..) and if they are not fun why play them.

titta
Jun 30 2010, 04:44 AM
Oops! Why does my FarmTown work so well, amazingly well? :-) Compared to other farm games, exceptionally well. Some tiny problems... but not much... Is it my WF 31? Is it my little MacBook? Google Chrome? My all four far too complex beautiful farms? LOL... Am I teasing now all the bad game spirits? I just hope my farms will work as well as they do now forever and ever! :-) Happy farming to everyone!!!!!

Tony D
Jun 30 2010, 04:46 AM
Oops! Why does my FarmTown work so well, amazingly well? :-) Compared to other farm games, exceptionally well. Some tiny problems... but not much... Is it my WF 31? Is it my little MacBook? Google Chrome? My all four far too complex beautiful farms? LOL... Am I teasing now all the bad game spirits? I just hope my farms will work as well as they do now forever and ever! :-) Happy farming to everyone!!!!!Talk about tempting fate :D

mysterygirl1993
Jun 30 2010, 08:04 AM
I love farmtown and all the new stuff.I'm level 90 with 4 farms. BUT, with that said I've been having problems with the plowing ever since the new changes.I can't move the screen when plowing if my person is moving and it doesn't plow like it did before. Please make it the way it was. Thanks!

KayGee
Jun 30 2010, 08:34 AM

I am a professional computer programmer, I do this for a living. I do this to put food on my table. Nothing gets fixed if no one complains. Nothing gets fixed if the programmers do not use the program.

The main problem is 1) usability and 2) basic computer science concepts. Granted, there are constraints with using flash as the engine for this but the nuclear sized holes in this program are simply due to sloppy programming, programmer's that don't use the program themselves, and the difficulty in farming out general computer science work to people that don't care. It is painfully obvious this is all being farmed out. I'm simply the squeeky wheel trying to get the managers of this project to re-adjust how they are running it.

The fixes for this are simple. Someone just has to care.

OK, I am NOT a computer programmer, but as a user of the game I have made some basic observations. First of all, I don't experience the severe time lag you do - not sure precisely why - but I do notice that the one farm of yours is facility-heavy. I am almost certain this makes a difference, and I think it can be expected to. I own all but 2 of the facilities (no desire for the chocolate and juice factories), and they click along just fine. I do click on the save button and refresh in between - this seems to clear the way for more loading very quickly. Also, my facilities are spread among all four farms. This doesn't seem like rocket science to figure out, especially as we have all seen how much "active" components like animals can slow things down. Secondly, as many players as there are, that's how many ways there are to play this game. It's not like a program that has the same functionality for everyone who uses it. This is bound to result in headaches for the developers, who are trying to keep up with glitches and problems at the same time they are working on advancing and expanding the game, which, of course, is largely FREE to play. People who choose not to purchase farm cash really aren't missing much, and it's everyone's choice to spend real dollars or not. Just as it's everyone's choice to quit playing if they're not satisfied....just sayin'.

p.s. the word is "squeaky"

Tony D
Jun 30 2010, 08:42 AM
I love farmtown and all the new stuff.I'm level 90 with 4 farms. BUT, with that said I've been having problems with the plowing ever since the new changes.I can't move the screen when plowing if my person is moving and it doesn't plow like it did before. Please make it the way it was. Thanks!Hi, check your preference settings (wrench icon) If there is not a tick beside "remove spaces between fields" put one there. If there is a tick beside "follow avatar while walking " or "wait for each plow/plant" remove the tick. Hope this helps

mysterygirl1993
Jun 30 2010, 08:51 AM
Hi, check your preference settings (wrench icon) If there is not a tick beside "remove spaces between fields" put one there. If there is a tick beside "follow avatar while walking " or "wait for each plow/plant" remove the tick. Hope this helps

Hi, Thanks for the response. I have those the same as I always have since starting to play the game...a friend told me about them early on. So I'm not real sure why this is happening now. I always have a little trouble after updates but nothing like this. I even updated my browser and flash player and it's still happening. Oh well, I still love the game just a little annoying on how the plow thing is working now. Hopefully this too will pass. Thanks again!

Tony D
Jun 30 2010, 08:58 AM
Hi, Thanks for the response. I have those the same as I always have since starting to play the game...a friend told me about them early on. So I'm not real sure why this is happening now. I always have a little trouble after updates but nothing like this. I even updated my browser and flash player and it's still happening. Oh well, I still love the game just a little annoying on how the plow thing is working now. Hopefully this too will pass. Thanks again!No problem ... the settings quite often get "changed" after an update that is why I suggested checking them. Hope you get it sorted

gtosga
Jun 30 2010, 09:12 AM
I am not having anywhere near the lag you are Vince and there have been tips on what to do to possibly fix the problem. If you are a programmer you should know these things.A little bored with you slamming this forum . Grow up!

mysterygirl1993
Jun 30 2010, 09:38 AM
I was just in farmtown and got hired to plow. While I was plowing I went in and checked the box to follow avatar while walking to see what would happen. Well it was doing the same thing. So it seems my avatar is stuck on that for some reason. Hopefully I can figure out how to fix that.

No problem ... the settings quite often get "changed" after an update that is why I suggested checking them. Hope you get it sorted

ssixx
Jun 30 2010, 07:18 PM
OK, I am NOT a computer programmer, but as a user of the game I have made some basic observations. First of all, I don't experience the severe time lag you do - not sure precisely why - but I do notice that the one farm of yours is facility-heavy. I am almost certain this makes a difference, and I think it can be expected to. I own all but 2 of the facilities (no desire for the chocolate and juice factories), and they click along just fine. I do click on the save button and refresh in between - this seems to clear the way for more loading very quickly. Also, my facilities are spread among all four farms. This doesn't seem like rocket science to figure out, especially as we have all seen how much "active" components like animals can slow things down. Secondly, as many players as there are, that's how many ways there are to play this game. It's not like a program that has the same functionality for everyone who uses it. This is bound to result in headaches for the developers, who are trying to keep up with glitches and problems at the same time they are working on advancing and expanding the game, which, of course, is largely FREE to play. People who choose not to purchase farm cash really aren't missing much, and it's everyone's choice to spend real dollars or not. Just as it's everyone's choice to quit playing if they're not satisfied....just sayin'.

p.s. the word is "squeaky"

I have 4 farms with one having every facility & must say I don't have ANY problems queuing up jobs. And I keep several of my factories completely loaded up.

This has always been my favorite game & the enhancements made to it have been wonderful! BIG shout out & much thanks to the game devs!!

The only thing left on my wish list is an easier way to fish - all that clicking is tedious and at times too physically painful to fish out all I'd like to get for my restaurants.

SunnyD
Jun 30 2010, 07:26 PM
I have 4 farms with one having every facility & must say I don't have ANY problems queuing up jobs. And I keep several of my factories completely loaded up.

This has always been my favorite game & the enhancements made to it have been wonderful! BIG shout out & much thanks to the game devs!!

The only thing left on my wish list is an easier way to fish - all that clicking is tedious and at times too physically painful to fish out all I'd like to get for my restaurants.

I second the fishing being tedious we need fishing nets LOL

Grandma20
Jun 30 2010, 07:43 PM
Where do I find the dog house

bagoshen
Jun 30 2010, 07:47 PM
Where do I find the dog house
Under Decorations

Cajun Karen
Jun 30 2010, 08:13 PM
:eek: It's been almost 2 weeks without an update!!! :D

Tony D
Jun 30 2010, 08:13 PM
Where do I find the dog houseI'm in the dog house at the minute ...just follow the sound of my voice :D

MebeMrS
Jun 30 2010, 08:37 PM
I'm in the dog house at the minute ...just follow the sound of my voice :D

I am too.... I convinced my wife to buy the Wine Cellar and the winery(s).... and now they are not loading on any farms.... ouch

Bad enough to have the wood shed disappear for awhile .... or my scare crows for two days....

but not the WINE CELLAR !!!!!!!

I could be looking at a loss of millions per day....... and that is all real money, right????

Is there a way to get them back without waiting for the devs to correct the problem??

Mrs Borgies
Jun 30 2010, 08:53 PM

LOL..... don't think the devs would be game enough until the last update settles down. It turned out to be bad timing with the Flash issues, which poor Farm Town is getting the blame for as well......but yes an update would be good! Ducks for cover!!! :D;)

cindycindy
Jun 30 2010, 08:56 PM
why arent trees going in my storage!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I do all these trees and not one goes in my storage....I have asked for days now can someone please look into it..also you cant harvest 4 urself u dont get any coins.!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

SunnyD
Jul 01 2010, 12:13 AM
why arent trees going in my storage!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I do all these trees and not one goes in my storage....I have asked for days now can someone please look into it..also you cant harvest 4 urself u dont get any coins.!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

make sure when you harvest for yourself that you click on it to send it to storage to earn more coins and clicking on to harvest and sell ........ i have done that by mistake myself......

MebeMrS
Jul 01 2010, 12:28 AM
Anybody else having trouble loading the Cellar??

I have visited a number of my neighbors who have them.... and the cellar has not loaded on any of their farms. Plus, I am unable to see some of my trees.

The trees ... no problem....

But the cellar hopefully will return,

Mrs Borgies
Jul 01 2010, 12:34 AM
make sure when you harvest for yourself that you click on it to send it to storage to earn more coins and clicking on to harvest and sell ........ i have done that by mistake myself......

I have done the same. I wish the harvest always went to storage to stop these mistakes. I often reload my farm thinking that I may have clicked on the wrong choice.

sue hoar
Jul 01 2010, 12:37 AM
Love all the new stuff its exciting was wondering though why the levels stop at 90 is there going to be more advancements?

speedmonkey
Jul 01 2010, 02:43 AM
ok i did all these peoples trees and they did not go into my storage!!!! whats with that...and i had people do mine and not a one in there grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Did you try refreshing? I have noticed that sometimes the stuff I do doesn't show up right away but if I refresh the game it shows up. You have to do a full refresh though not just switch farms or go back to your own from someone else's.

Hope this helps!

speedmonkey
Jul 01 2010, 03:52 AM
Where can Y get cows and goats?

Cows and goats, as well as hens can only be gifted. If you ask your neighbors for one and get one before you take it out of your gift box click on the more option and it will ask you if you would like to put out a request for more. This post a direct link on your FB page so that all of your neighbors can send you one right from there instead of having to go to the send gift tab within the game. You can also do the same thing with any trees that can only be gifted, like mango trees.

Hope this helps!

speedmonkey
Jul 01 2010, 03:55 AM
It was 40 last time I reached it...

If we could find out the actual that would be great. I always loss track of how many I have sent before I get the notice.

speedmonkey
Jul 01 2010, 04:01 AM
250 clicks, loaded factory woo hoo!
close factory tab

+1 XP

2 seconds

+1 XP

2 seconds

+1 XP

2 seconds

<15 minutes later>

+1 XP

Oh man, is it done? 2 smoke breaks and a drink fresher! Finally! Hit next factory

SAVING

+1 XP

2 seconds

+1 XP

2 seconds

ad infinitum.

Oh ya, and I rolled the coin display. You need more than 8 digits. I now have 112,849,40 coin. Smooth move there slick. American, ya, we use commas.

I started loading my factories at 8PM (20:00) and I'm still not done. It's 10:30 (22:30). That's 2.5 HOURS TO LOAD TWO FACTORIES. TWO AND A HALF HOURS TO LOAD TWO FACTORIES. Hello. check check check (tap tap) Is this thing on? TEST TEST (tap tap) TWO AND A HALF HOURS TO LOAD TWO FACTORIES.

You have posted this long drawn out post three times in the same thread we all get your unhappy that it is taking to long to load your factories. Have you tried any of the posted suggestions to fix the problem? Most of them pretty simple to do. It could very well be that the problem is not the game but something that con be corrected with a few minor adjustments to the computer running the game. Mine was slow as a herd of turtles too until I tried some of the suggestions posted in this very thread.

speedmonkey
Jul 01 2010, 04:05 AM
I am not having anywhere near the lag you are Vince and there have been tips on what to do to possibly fix the problem. If you are a programmer you should know these things.A little bored with you slamming this forum . Grow up!

Thank you gtosga!

speedmonkey
Jul 01 2010, 04:09 AM

They can't roll out a new one because they are to busy trying to sort out the useful information from all the complaints about the last one!

Kinda hard to do when people keep posting the same things over and over but don't bother to read the forum and look for a solution to their problem. Maybe I missed the big news release that said complaining was all you had to do to solve your problems.

speedmonkey
Jul 01 2010, 04:18 AM

As far as the disappearing trees there is a thread specifically dedicated to the problem of crops disappearing from your storage. If you do a simple search of the forum I am sure that you can find it and it may have some answers to the question. You just have to be willing to look for them instead of re-posting the same complaint over and over!

You can harvest for yourself but why and the great green earth would you get paid to work for yourself?! You choose to either harvest and sell (which equals your payment) or harvest and store (which tells you that you get more money for harvesting it into storage). You don't get paid to plow for yourself, in fact, that cost you more money, you don't get paid to plant your own crops, you don't get paid to work your own facilities, so what would make you think that they should pay you for tending your own farm?

Your payment is either making your crops into something else and then selling that or directly selling your crops. It is insane to think that you should get paid for working for yourself!

speedmonkey
Jul 01 2010, 04:21 AM
Love all the new stuff its exciting was wondering though why the levels stop at 90 is there going to be more advancements?

For heavens sake it has only been 2 weeks since they gave us 10 new levels. Adding levels, I would assume, is not a simple task. They have to come up with new stuff to go along with all those new levels as well. Think back to when you were level 30 and couldn't by red roses. It is no different now, new levels requires new rewards. If they didn't come with new rewards everyone would be complaining that they are not getting enough stuff for all their "hard work" in a game.

Molly Mew
Jul 01 2010, 04:39 AM
I have deleted several posts from this thread, as repetitive posting is considered spamming and is not permitted.

May I suggest that anyone still having problems with the game should look for the official thread in the Help and Support section and post there. We may be able to help. :)

krbrown2000
Jul 01 2010, 08:57 AM
Oak trees are no longer harvestable? When did that happen? Was there an update recently? I've always harvested acorns (every little bit helps, coin-wise), but now when I hover over an oak tree, it just says "OAK TREE" with no percentage and they're not harvestable.

gtosga
Jul 01 2010, 09:23 AM
I have deleted several posts from this thread, as repetitive posting is considered spamming and is not permitted.

May I suggest that anyone still having problems with the game should look for the official thread in the Help and Support section and post there. We may be able to help. :)

Thank you very much Molly. It would be nice if we could have a personal option to block a poster when you get fed up with constant spamming?

JAS0643
Jul 01 2010, 12:52 PM
Thank you very much Molly. It would be nice if we could have a personal option to block a poster when you get fed up with constant spamming?

Click on usercp at the top of the forum then click on edit ignore list, now type the user you want to ignore into the box and click okay. Now you will not see any more posts by this person.

Judy Mitchell
Jul 01 2010, 02:18 PM
Don't know where to go for the answer. Why are SHEEP not available in the gift list?

Big Honking Toe
Jul 01 2010, 02:29 PM
Don't know where to go for the answer. Why are SHEEP not available in the gift list?Because they are in the store.

cindycindy
Jul 01 2010, 04:59 PM
yes I have done everything even if i do other peoples trees they still wont go to storage

cindycindy
Jul 01 2010, 05:06 PM
As far as the disappearing trees there is a thread specifically dedicated to the problem of crops disappearing from your storage. If you do a simple search of the forum I am sure that you can find it and it may have some answers to the question. You just have to be willing to look for them instead of re-posting the same complaint over and over!

You can harvest for yourself but why and the great green earth would you get paid to work for yourself?! You choose to either harvest and sell (which equals your payment) or harvest and store (which tells you that you get more money for harvesting it into storage). You don't get paid to plow for yourself, in fact, that cost you more money, you don't get paid to plant your own crops, you don't get paid to work your own facilities, so what would make you think that they should pay you for tending your own farm?

Your payment is either making your crops into something else and then selling that or directly selling your crops. It is insane to think that you should get paid for working for yourself!

First of all this started with the new update!!!! 2nd of all you had to harvest urself cause of all the problems they are having!! 3rd of all i have been asking and no one from the moderaters or developers answer!!!!

I harvested b4 and got paid!! the point is the trees are not going into my storage whethr i do them or someone does them for me! or i do someones trees!!

last of all you are soooooooooooo rude!!! you need to stop answering you have no idea what ur even talking about!!

CynthiaSue
Jul 01 2010, 05:46 PM
I love the new feature in the facilities where you can start 10 at a time. I dont' know if this is where to post it, but I love it.

Lavenda
Jul 01 2010, 06:15 PM
3 cheers for cinnamon trees! (look at the gifts ;) )