PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- June 18th, 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Jun 18 2010, 08:31 PM
Hey there,

Here is a list of the recent updates to FarmTown, including yesterday's release as well:

1. Father's Day items, to send as gift and to purchase at the store.

2. You can now transfer your animals between your farms by adding them to the Item Storage like the rest of the items.

3. You can now move most of the animals to buildings to avoid having too many animals on a farm and make the game faster and gain some space. You can move up to 50 animals of each type to their buildings. Here is the animal list and the buildings to which they can be moved:

Hen, Guese, Chicken, Rooster, Turkey -> Chicken Coop
Cow, Goat -> Dairy Shed
Sheep, llama -> Wool Shed
Horse, Donkey -> Any of the Stables
Dog -> Dog House
Pig -> Pigsty

The harvest functionality hasn't changed with this release, for instance, if you have 10 hens on the farm and 10 on the Chicken Coop, when you harvest you will harvest all at once (10 + 10), like before.

4. Animals' functionalities have been optimized. If you have a lot of animals, you can move most of them to buildings and still leave some on the farm if you like how they look on the farm (without freezing them). It shouldn't make the game slower now, 20-50 animals on a farm should be OK.

5. Gift Trading: This feature should make the gifting functionality on the game much easier. When you receive a gift, if you don't like it, the Mayor will offer you to exchange it for another gift on that same page, no reloading required.

6. Coffee Grinder (Coins): Allows you to produce Ground Coffee from the Coffee in your storage

7. Fish Farming Plant (28FC): Allows you to produce containers of Shrimps, Mussels, Scallops and Oysters

8. Sushi Restaurant (Coins): Allows you to produce different types of Sushi:

- Carp Sushi
- Mackerel Sushi
- Eel Sushi
- Salmon Sushi
- California Rolls
- Rainbow Rolls

9. Seafood Restaurant (32FC): Allows you to produce different types of Seafood dishes:

- Oyster Shooters
- Baked Tilapia
- Grilled Mahi Mahi
- Grilled Swordfish
- Seafood Mix
- Supreme Seafood Mix

Enjoy!

--Raul

Hornyroo
Jun 18 2010, 08:34 PM
woot woot woot ty devs :)

Barbsuz
Jun 18 2010, 08:35 PM
Happy father's day!!!!! Thank you raul!!!!!! A coffee grinder and moving animals!!!!

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 18 2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks Raul!!!

Bubba Geouge
Jun 18 2010, 08:37 PM
thanks for the new stuff Raul

HLeeV
Jun 18 2010, 08:38 PM
I've already used the gift exchange and it's AWESOME!!!!!

Then I put a cow in the Dairy Shed, so that is also AWESOME!!!!!!

I really love the idea of being able to move the animals. That is going to come in very handy in the near future as I'm re-doing my farms.

I love every part of this update, even the fish stuff--which I will probably not use as I don't have the attention span to fish. LOL :p So I probably won't buy the facilities related to fishing, but if I ever change my mind and get into fishing, then it will be cool that I can purchase those facilities.

This update is totally awesome!!!!!

bearhair
Jun 18 2010, 08:41 PM
you folks rock!!!

These are awesome, and the way you did the animal storage is very cool!

PennyHatter
Jun 18 2010, 08:44 PM
AWESOME!!!! thanks for feeding my addiction

Debra Arnold
Jun 18 2010, 08:47 PM
Thank you Raul and all Farm Town personnel. I had a feeling all day that we would be getting new stuff today and I found it before any of my neighbors. LOL

xxjimmyxx
Jun 18 2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks Raul!!!

Wilde Lily
Jun 18 2010, 08:54 PM
Oh my gosh!! THANK YOU!!!!

Baba 947
Jun 18 2010, 08:55 PM
Once again, NICELY DONE!! You seem to be listening to your audience, that's a good way to be successful. I noticed that the last few buildings are no longer cartoonish and you've reduced the footprint of new items. The latter is especially important in a finite world. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

I hope to see some new roads in the future, I'm sure you've heard that before and hopefully will respond shortly:D

Poly Fyre
Jun 18 2010, 08:56 PM
Thank you very much for allowing us to move our animals.
I do have a question concerning animals.
If I have a chicken coop and chickens on two farms can I harvest at both of them?
I want to thank you for this wonderful game.
Poly Fyre

Momma Woods
Jun 18 2010, 08:58 PM
This upgrade is just great. You guys have thought of so much helpful stuff. What can I say??? Thank you, Thank you and Thank you!!!

Tony D
Jun 18 2010, 08:59 PM
Ok Raul, the kid gloves are off. This is my first and final offer - If you guys ever have the decency to release a new version when I am not at work - I will part with the readies and buy $FarmCash$. Should you foolishly decide to not accept my offer then I have three words for you .... Horse ,Bed, Head :p

Oh and thanks for the new stuff , I guess

rick1027
Jun 18 2010, 08:59 PM
this update hit the nail precisely everything i wanted plus a few extras

Big Honking Toe
Jun 18 2010, 09:00 PM
Ok guys I am Very Very Impressed in you guys.You gave us 2 big things we needed and I am happy.

c.abell
Jun 18 2010, 09:01 PM
THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE NICE SURPRISES. Let us buy a fifth farm now, PLEASE!

SunnyD
Jun 18 2010, 09:04 PM
Thank you very much for allowing us to move our animals.
I do have a question concerning animals.
If I have a chicken coop and chickens on two farms can I harvest at both of them?
I want to thank you for this wonderful game.
Poly Fyre

each farm and each chicken coop needs to have the chickens etc... if farm one has 25 chickens you need a chicken coop on that farm to harvest those 25.... if farm 2 has 30 chickens and no chicken coop you can't harvest those 30 chickens.......... same with other animal facilities........

Momthebomb191
Jun 18 2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks Raul...Whatever am I going to do now? I am going to have to quit my day job to farm.....................I can't stop!!!!! Love all the new features, you are appreciated! Happy Father's Day if it applies. Wahoooooo to you!

snow_angel
Jun 18 2010, 09:17 PM
Farm Town dev you guys are the best. To think people want to know why I quit that other farm game.

rocker grrrrrl
Jun 18 2010, 09:19 PM
Count me in as one of the absolutely THRILLED!!! I am crazy about the gift exchange, however when I used it, I didn't receive the new gift in my gift box, but the old one. I'm sure it will work itself out soon.... :)

SunnyD
Jun 18 2010, 09:27 PM
LOL LOL soooooooo...... i added animals to the proper facility so I unfroze the cows ok.. went to friends farm to water her flowers when i came back all the cows i had left were munching on one single haystack lol lol too funny

SallyL
Jun 18 2010, 09:29 PM
This is my favorite upgrade yet. Now my cows won't look crowded and I can still have plenty of milk. *does happy dance* I just went and bought a bunch of llamas, too. :D I even have grapes almost ready to harvest and will be able to get a couple of the facilities. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:D:D:D

Lavenda
Jun 18 2010, 09:31 PM
wow, was not expecting more today! But Tony was at work again AND I have been out this morning... typical! :D That's devs :)

Bratuski
Jun 18 2010, 09:34 PM
Oh, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. My prayers have been answered.
Now I won't complain for a little while...:D

Toranut97
Jun 18 2010, 09:35 PM
How wonderful! Thanks for your kindness and creativity! What fun! Add me to he list of happy farmers!

And look at you, forum folk -- all the way to mid-page two before you began whining! Awesome! (insert sarcastic wink and smile here).

JAS0643
Jun 18 2010, 09:38 PM
Tony must be at work since we got another update today. Tony I hope you know we are not going to let you go on vacation anytime soon.

In the last month you have given us more land, more levels (with even more on the way), a way to grind our own coffee, transfer animals to building, move animals between farms, a way to make our own fuel, and the most requested facilities. What are people going to be demanding now? I'm sure they will think of something. :D

I love the updates and can't wait to get the new facilities.

I do have a suggestion, please move all the fathers day stuff to the regular store after the holiday, I think they would be good to have all year.

1fritz
Jun 18 2010, 09:39 PM
WOW! These updates are wonderful. You folks did a great job. THANK YOU!!

Pesto Farmer
Jun 18 2010, 09:42 PM
Thank you so much!

Miz_Fatale
Jun 18 2010, 09:49 PM
I have to agree this was a great update!
The gift exchange wonderful! now I don't have to worry what to send to who of all my many neighbors...they can just trade it in what ever it is!!!

And the ability to hide the animals! and move them!! whoohoo great job!
this will improve the game in so many way!

thanks guys! keep up the great work :)

farmernina
Jun 18 2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the upgrades - being able to stick the animals into their proper habitats is great - and much more attractive than having a whole herd crowded into a space that was getting smaller. Thanks too for the coffee grinder and the gift exchange - all great ideas! I am definitely going to enjoy the new stuff!

FeartheDeer
Jun 18 2010, 09:57 PM
Thank you for addressing the animal issue, it's a much appreciated fix. Carp Sushi? That's just wrong.

mrsweather
Jun 18 2010, 09:57 PM
the update is super awesome!! thanks so much for lettings transfer annimals between farms!!! thank u!!

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 18 2010, 10:08 PM
Thank you for addressing the animal issue, it's a much appreciated fix. Carp Sushi? That's just wrong.

Hehehe you can change your signature now ;)

JAS0643
Jun 18 2010, 10:10 PM
I have just added most of my animals to their building but the holiday pigs will not go in to the building. Yes I still have the holiday pigs on my farm they where too cute to sell. Other then that I love being able to add the animals to the buildings I see a redesign of farm 1 coming soon. :eek: It is about time for one anyway.

Brian Sampson
Jun 18 2010, 10:18 PM
I read about 50 animals in each building. Is that 50 animals total, or 50 of EACH type. Because I put 25 sheep and 25 llamas in one building and it let me add another llama. I took it back out because I did not want to loose it, and thought I would check first.

Also, I am assuming you can have (for example) a dairy shed on each farm, each with 50 cows in it. You would have to click the building on each farm (and they could be on different timers) but I am assuming this would work. Just checking.

I did confirm that you can move a building on the same farm and I did not loose the chickens inside.

menorah
Jun 18 2010, 10:21 PM
To Raul and all the devs... thank you for listening to our gripes, moans and complaints. You guys are awesome. I don't mind splurging on FC to get all the new stuff. I love you guys!!!

hand
Jun 18 2010, 10:21 PM
So I placed a second Dairy Shed on the same farm and attempted to place my remaining cows in it but the second one indicated there were already 50 cows in it. So now I have 100 between two sheds and about 40 on the corral.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 18 2010, 10:24 PM
I read about 50 animals in each building. Is that 50 animals total, or 50 of EACH type. Because I put 25 sheep and 25 llamas in one building and it let me add another llama. I took it back out because I did not want to loose it, and thought I would check first.

Also, I am assuming you can have (for example) a dairy shed on each farm, each with 50 cows in it. You would have to click the building on each farm (and they could be on different timers) but I am assuming this would work. Just checking.

I did confirm that you can move a building on the same farm and I did not loose the chickens inside.

50 of each animal.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 18 2010, 10:25 PM
So I placed a second Dairy Shed on the same farm and attempted to place my remaining cows in it but the second one indicated there were already 50 cows in it. So now I have 100 between two sheds and about 40 on the corral.

2 dairy sheds on one farm won't produce double the milk. They have to be on separate farms.

darlamay49
Jun 18 2010, 10:30 PM
wonderful :)

nitz22002
Jun 18 2010, 10:31 PM
NICE !!!!! Now i have to put these restaurants at the top of my skyscraper. Good job dev.

donna t kurten
Jun 18 2010, 10:36 PM
when can I get more farm cash to buy the refinery to produce fuel ? I am maxed out in level and can't earn farm cash to buy things anymore,,,,, that's not good,,,,
any help here ?????

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 18 2010, 10:40 PM
when can I get more farm cash to buy the refinery to produce fuel ? I am maxed out in level and can't earn farm cash to buy things anymore,,,,, that's not good,,,,
any help here ?????

You can always do offers from the "earn coins" tab or purchase some :)

rls
Jun 18 2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks for all the new stuff. I actually spent some RL$ to buy some FC and may have to spend a little more to get all the fun stuff.

Deb NZ
Jun 18 2010, 10:45 PM
and it's off to paypal I go Woohoo

Berle
Jun 18 2010, 10:47 PM
I tried trading a couple of my gifts and it did not work. I got two ATVs and one golf cart. I requested one chicken and one meat for the ATVs. The golf cart and the hen were sent as gifts from my neighbors and were okay with me.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 18 2010, 10:50 PM
I tried trading a couple of my gifts and it did not work. I got two ATVs and one golf cart. I requested one chicken and one meat for the ATVs. The golf cart and the hen were sent as gifts from my neighbors and were okay with me.

Did you click the exchange button?

dottyF
Jun 18 2010, 10:54 PM
Well I just managed to get it all and found places to squeeze it all but any more and Im gonna have a problem. :)

JocelynCS
Jun 18 2010, 10:57 PM
My only beef is that the capacity of the coops and sheds for the animals is too low. Some of us have tons of animals, and being able to hide only 50 won't make our farms load much faster. Can this be increased?

Tiger
Jun 18 2010, 10:58 PM
thank you for the new info and all the new facilities. I have got the sushi restaurant, fish farm and coffee grinder. Very pleased with the look of all of them except the coffee grinder which is particularly ugly lol :). I am enjoying this game immensely today :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 18 2010, 11:02 PM
My only beef is that the capacity of the coops and sheds for the animals is too low. Some of us have tons of animals, and being able to hide only 50 won't make our farms load much faster. Can this be increased?

I doubt that it will. Like Raul said, 50 animals is good because too many causes lag. That is why they added the ability to move animals in the sheds to help reduce the lag.

Randall_Lind
Jun 18 2010, 11:15 PM
I think the coffee grinder which is nice should have been a shop like a Starbucks. Then we could make drinks also.

Taz D
Jun 18 2010, 11:17 PM
I add my thank you. Great update. The only thing that I don't like is having to click twice to get an animal into a building. The message is unnecessary and redundant. Besides if you make a mistake and don't want the animal in the building then look in the building and remove it.
Otherwise this is one of the best releases yet. Cudos to all!!

kensfreedom
Jun 18 2010, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the animal storage. it did speed things up. However I am still stuck with 70 animals on the farm so it is not as fast as it could be. maybe I will transfer them to the appropriate facilities on another farm and hide them all in facilities. free up space and still be able to harvest them. Glad I *****ed and *****ed about how much the game had slowed down on me with over two hundred animals on my farm.

Mrs Borgies
Jun 18 2010, 11:26 PM
Oh HECK my chin hurt when it hit the floor......man am I doing such a happy dance.... Oops....just tripped over....picks myself up and now off to have a look!!!! LOL

A huge thanks to the devs!!!! :D

bbyboop1977
Jun 18 2010, 11:28 PM
Is anyone else having problems adding animals to the shed. Some go in and then some say couldn't add please try again later.

P.s Thanks for all the updates. Awesome job. So much better the FV.

kensfreedom
Jun 18 2010, 11:32 PM
Is anyone else having problems adding animals to the shed. Some go in and then some say couldn't add please try again later.

P.s Thanks for all the updates. Awesome job. So much better the FV.

I found that when it said please try again I just went and clicked on some other animals then came back and it was fine.

SunnyD
Jun 18 2010, 11:32 PM
does taking five milligrams Valium cure being invisible??????? no one can see me i can't hire anyone cause they can't see me LOL LOL.........

bbyboop1977
Jun 18 2010, 11:37 PM
I found that when it said please try again I just went and clicked on some other animals then came back and it was fine.

I've all ready tried that and it just keeps saying the same thing.

Never mind. I just reloaded my farm and they weren't there anymore.

ema1976
Jun 18 2010, 11:45 PM
You guys are awesome. Thanks! I'm so excited about being able to move the animals into the sheds and between farms!!!!!

thumper2972
Jun 18 2010, 11:46 PM
So, just to clarify before I go and do this and loose something......

To use more than one Dairy Shed full of cows, they need to be on separate farms, correct?

If I put a Dairy Shed (full of cows) on 2 different farms, can I collect the milk from each of them and use the milk in my factories on yet a different farm? Just hate to buy another Dairy Shed if this won't work.

Thanks......LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the updates!

snow_angel
Jun 18 2010, 11:47 PM

Move the rest of your animals to another farm and put a building on that farm

Tony D
Jun 18 2010, 11:52 PM
Tony must be at work since we got another update today. Tony I hope you know we are not going to let you go on vacation anytime soon.

In the last month you have given us more land, more levels (with even more on the way), a way to grind our own coffee, transfer animals to building, move animals between farms, a way to make our own fuel, and the most requested facilities. What are people going to be demanding now? I'm sure they will think of something. :D

I love the updates and can't wait to get the new facilities.

I do have a suggestion, please move all the fathers day stuff to the regular store after the holiday, I think they would be good to have all year.
Jas , I was going to take 3 months long service leave but I would not do that to my friends . 3 months is way to long to wait between upgrades;)

snow_angel
Jun 18 2010, 11:55 PM
Jas , I was going to take 3 months long service leave but I would not do that to my friends . 3 months is way to long to wait between upgrades;)

I thought almost two weeks was bad enough, but 3 months NO WAY lol

Tony D
Jun 18 2010, 11:59 PM
does taking five milligrams Valium cure being invisible??????? no one can see me i can't hire anyone cause they can't see me LOL LOL.........Hang on I will try * washes down a valium with a glass of scotch* . Can you semme now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

speedmonkey
Jun 19 2010, 12:07 AM
You guys rock thank you so much for the coffee grinder and the ability to put our animals in buildings!

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 19 2010, 12:08 AM
So, just to clarify before I go and do this and loose something......

To use more than one Dairy Shed full of cows, they need to be on separate farms, correct?

If I put a Dairy Shed (full of cows) on 2 different farms, can I collect the milk from each of them and use the milk in my factories on yet a different farm? Just hate to buy another Dairy Shed if this won't work.

Thanks......LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the updates!

Correct. 2 dairy sheds, 2 different farms :)

driverdave
Jun 19 2010, 12:12 AM
firstly....GREAT UPDATE...well done thank you for the new things.

BUT...... it seems theres a problem i hire my friends to work at my farm and they go invisible......they can still work no probs at all but i thne have to log right out of f/b and restart it to get to see them again i dont know if its f/b or farmtown.......it has only happened today since the update.....

noelbows
Jun 19 2010, 12:15 AM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and can't wait for the next release allowing us to make sunflower seeds & sunflower and peanut oil, serve coffee in our coffee shops and fish tacos in our taco shops [hint, hint].

My sister and I have been experiencing major issues tonight with loading farms and being able to see each other to hire, but I am sure our wonderful developers will fix that soon. We laughed so hard while we both kept reloading and moving to different farms trying to both see each other at the same time. When I saw her and then she disappeared, she laughed. When she saw me and then I disappeared before she could hire me, I laughed so hard I cried! It's only funny because I know it is temporary. If it continued, I would go crazy. :)

FarmTown ROCKS!

bbyboop1977
Jun 19 2010, 12:26 AM
Isn't there some way when harvesting trees that we can get like x5 each. Ex. Harvest an apple tree you get 5 apples instead of 1. That way we don't have to have sooooo many trees. I've got so many and know I'm trying to find room to put the avocado trees.

kazzaqld
Jun 19 2010, 12:27 AM
I so nearly sold my fish tonight to pay for my 4th farm upgrade!

I am so glad I didn't!

Yay!!! :D

HelenJS22
Jun 19 2010, 12:27 AM
WOO HOOOOOOO !!! Coffee Grinder coming right up on my farms :D :D :D :D

HelenJS22
Jun 19 2010, 12:28 AM
Isn't there some way when harvesting trees that we can get like x5 each. Ex. Harvest an apple tree you get 5 apples instead of 1. That way we don't have to have sooooo many trees. I've got so many and know I'm trying to find room to put the avocado trees.

Agreed, Apple trees grow lots and lots of apples on each tree.

HelenJS22
Jun 19 2010, 12:29 AM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and can't wait for the next release allowing us to make sunflower seeds & sunflower and peanut oil, serve coffee in our coffee shops and fish tacos in our taco shops [hint, hint].

My sister and I have been experiencing major issues tonight with loading farms and being able to see each other to hire, but I am sure our wonderful developers will fix that soon. We laughed so hard while we both kept reloading and moving to different farms trying to both see each other at the same time. When I saw her and then she disappeared, she laughed. When she saw me and then I disappeared before she could hire me, I laughed so hard I cried! It's only funny because I know it is temporary. If it continued, I would go crazy. :)

FarmTown ROCKS!

My friend and I have just experienced the exact same thing. Musical farms and unable to see each other after a hire request. I ended up telling 'DON'T MOVE' while I found her and could see her.

angeskye
Jun 19 2010, 12:36 AM
OMG!!!!

*bows down before the devs*

finally able to move those pesky animals!

WOOOOOOT!

Thank you so much!

Katlee53
Jun 19 2010, 12:36 AM
I do love the new updates, especially the coffee grinder. I've been waiting for that one. I am have problems moving back and forth to all my farms and sometimes when my friends hire me and I go to their farm, we can't see each other. Each time we have to reload the game. Has anyone else had this problem? My daughter, best friend and I are all having problems with loading our farms and working on each others' farms.

But we all love this game and are willing to wait it out until it's fixed. Thanks again for all the new stuff. Love it!

snow_angel
Jun 19 2010, 12:42 AM
I think one of my sheep is actually a wolf in disguise. I was moving my animals into their proper buildings and one of the sheep kept heading for the chicken coop. hmmm. Thanks again for all the great updates. This is the only game I've played where the devs actually listen to the players. Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us in the next update.

Granny Star
Jun 19 2010, 12:59 AM
I love the coffee grinder only problem is I made 114 bags and they disappeared when I put my grinder up for help... lost my coffee and coffee bags

JBeez
Jun 19 2010, 01:01 AM
Moving animals between farms and into buildings rocks
Coffee Grinder rocks
Gift Exchange totally rocks!!!

I saw that it has been confirmed, a building full of animals can be safely moved around on the farm it currently resides upon. Has anyone confirmed what happens if a building full of animals is put into storage and moved to Farm 2/3/4? Assuming if everyone arrives safely, they'd be reset to 0% like trees are when they are moved. Am I correct?

Looooooooove the new updates! Beyond love! Thank you, FarmTown!

Tamblyne
Jun 19 2010, 01:12 AM
Awesome. Just awesome! I had already started storing up coffee, but didn't think to do that with the fish. Live and learn!

Mostly, just -- thanks for listening!

snow_angel
Jun 19 2010, 01:12 AM
If you put a building full of animals into storage all the animals will disappear that are in it. You need to put the animals themselves into storage then move them to another farm. Then either move an empty building into storage or buy another one for your other farm

snow_angel
Jun 19 2010, 01:13 AM
Awesome. Just awesome! I had already started storing up coffee, but didn't think to do that with the fish. Live and learn!

Mostly, just -- thanks for listening!

I did just the opposite saved all my fish and sold the coffee.

JBeez
Jun 19 2010, 01:23 AM
If you put a building full of animals into storage all the animals will disappear that are in it. You need to put the animals themselves into storage then move them to another farm. Then either move an empty building into storage or buy another one for your other farm

Yep, you're right. I tested it with a dog. Put the doghouse on Farm #1. Moved one dog into the doghouse. Moved the full doghouse into Storage. Went to Farm 4. Removed doghouse from storage. Placed on Farm #4. Looked inside.

Doggone.

Note to self, move buildings and animals separately between farms. Gotcha.:D

zimberg
Jun 19 2010, 01:31 AM
Hey there,

Here is a list of the recent updates to FarmTown, including yesterday's release as well:

1. Father's Day items, to send as gift and to purchase at the store.

2. You can now transfer your animals between your farms by adding them to the Item Storage like the rest of the items.

3. You can now move most of the animals to buildings to avoid having too many animals on a farm and make the game faster and gain some space. You can move up to 50 animals of each type to their buildings. Here is the animal list and the buildings to which they can be moved:

Hen, Guese, Chicken, Rooster, Turkey -> Chicken Coop
Cow, Goat -> Dairy Shed
Sheep, llama -> Wool Shed
Horse, Donkey -> Any of the Stables
Dog -> Dog House
Pig -> Pigsty

The harvest functionality hasn't changed with this release, for instance, if you have 10 hens on the farm and 10 on the Chicken Coop, when you harvest you will harvest all at once (10 + 10), like before.

4. Animals' functionalities have been optimized. If you have a lot of animals, you can move most of them to buildings and still leave some on the farm if you like how they look on the farm (without freezing them). It shouldn't make the game slower now, 20-50 animals on a farm should be OK.

5. Gift Trading: This feature should make the gifting functionality on the game much easier. When you receive a gift, if you don't like it, the Mayor will offer you to exchange it for another gift on that same page, no reloading required.

6. Coffee Grinder (Coins): Allows you to produce Ground Coffee from the Coffee in your storage

7. Fish Farming Plant (28FC): Allows you to produce containers of Shrimps, Mussels, Scallops and Oysters

8. Sushi Restaurant (Coins): Allows you to produce different types of Sushi:

- Carp Sushi
- Mackerel Sushi
- Eel Sushi
- Salmon Sushi
- California Rolls
- Rainbow Rolls

9. Seafood Restaurant (32FC): Allows you to produce different types of Seafood dishes:

- Oyster Shooters
- Baked Tilapia
- Grilled Mahi Mahi
- Grilled Swordfish
- Seafood Mix
- Supreme Seafood Mix

Enjoy!

--Raul

I lost all my animals when tranferring to another farm

zimberg
Jun 19 2010, 01:32 AM
oops posted in the wrong place.......I lost all my animals from farm one when transferred to farm 4

rev_stone
Jun 19 2010, 01:34 AM
Update was great, but now everything is messing up. People can't leave the market, you can't leave other farms. Sometimes when you get hired you don't get transferred. Please fix.

Old Goat
Jun 19 2010, 01:37 AM
Farms load much faster with the new barn functions. Thanks devs, great! :)

Geeze, been growing everything but coffee I forgot there are coffee seeds. Was wondering where the coffee was going to come from for the grinder.

I need a break from this game, soon. Later maybe, Okay, not soon, much later. Maybe :D

Charo
Jun 19 2010, 02:00 AM
Yay!!! Thanks Raul!

fustratedfarmer
Jun 19 2010, 02:37 AM
I love the coffee grinder only problem is I made 114 bags and they disappeared when I put my grinder up for help... lost my coffee and coffee bags

samething happen to me. Had coffee been store in anticaption loaded the facaility. check a few hours later no coffee, vanished into the big void.

Lady Hawke
Jun 19 2010, 03:00 AM
Is there a place to report a problem with the gift exchange? I got 4 gifts of a vehicle, exchanged for tree, and landed up with 4 vehicles to sell...(unless I missed a step on the exchange thingy? Is there a thread that outlines exact steps in exchanging process?).

Diane

Textmum
Jun 19 2010, 03:18 AM
These are fantastic thank you

23Chris03
Jun 19 2010, 03:18 AM
Can you have two chicken coops on one farm - will that allow you to move 100 hens into the coops?

tharcicia
Jun 19 2010, 03:40 AM
Thanks Raul!

Grumpybear2000
Jun 19 2010, 04:00 AM
Can i have a chicken coop or dairy shed plus have some loose in a pen, and claim for the lot or can only claim for what is in the shed.i have about 80 cows so will i need to put others onto another farm or not.

SueW170
Jun 19 2010, 04:08 AM
50 of each animal.
Sounds like overcrowding to me LOL
Sue, who is opposed to "factory farming" for a number of reasons.

Mrs Borgies
Jun 19 2010, 04:12 AM
Fish Farming Plant (28FC): Allows you to produce containers of Shrimps, Mussels, Scallops and Oysters

Can anyone tell me how the Fish Farming Plant works? I am trying to work out which farm to put this item on.

Does it need my neighbours to help speed it up like the dairy or do we fish in it like the lakes. Maybe it is like the truck that brings the meat to the farm.

I tend to have the bulk of my facilities on the one farm to make it easier for my neighbours to work in, hence the question. Space is tight and don't want to mess a farm up without knowing what I am doing.

SueW170
Jun 19 2010, 04:12 AM
I think the coffee grinder which is nice should have been a shop like a Starbucks. Then we could make drinks also.
That would have made a lot of sense. Seems, though, the trend of SlashKey is to create single purpose facilities.

Mrs Borgies
Jun 19 2010, 04:16 AM
Can i have a chicken coop or dairy shed plus have some loose in a pen, and claim for the lot or can only claim for what is in the shed.i have about 80 cows so will i need to put others onto another farm or not.

You will claim for all on that farm.

Farmer Homer
Jun 19 2010, 04:30 AM
This is great! I especially like the gift exchange, had never thought of that one. Now I can stop agonizing over which gifts to send, just send what I like and they can take it back for an exchange.

Being able to put the animals inside is a special treat.

I like that we have some reason to spend the day fishing, as if I needed another reason to hang out on my farm. And the fish farming plant is nice too, brings in the fish in quantity. And yes, it works like the truck but doesn't take any fuel, just coins.

The coffee grinder is just what we needed and I still have space for a small coffee shop. :)

I like that we are utilizing some more crops, rice, asparagus, avocados, coffee.

Thanks to all, now on to farm #5! (Wishful thinking)

menorah
Jun 19 2010, 04:36 AM
So okay I went ahead and used FC for the Fish Farming Plant and Seafood Restaurant. Great! Except that the seafood mix, grilled swordfish and oyster shooters don't appear in my storage. The baked tilapia and grilled mahi-mahi are in the storage but there's a ? which indicates that they 'can be used to produce ice cream!' Ummmm... fish flavored ice cream? Blechhhh :-) But hey guys, I love all the new stuff.

Thanks again for this latest release!!!

topmop
Jun 19 2010, 04:36 AM
Fantastic!!!

SueW170
Jun 19 2010, 04:41 AM
The developers at SlashKey are to be congratulated for coming out with an update which is responsive to the requests of so many FT gamers.
I don't see anything which fits in with the themes of my FT farms. I don't have or need enough animals to make it necessary to place them in buildings, seldom fish and prefer not to have many water features due to the unattractive color of the water and so won't be acquiring sushi or fish restaurants and doubt I'll get the fish farm. Also, since I don't plan to add the ice cream plant, won't need the coffee mill facility, but it's great since so many people have been asking for it. ....

The ability to move animals will be a plus should I someday decide to add a sheep pasture on my third farm and relocate the sheep from farm 2 there.

The "Exchange Gifts" feature is a plus which I took advantage of this evening, trading two fuels for pear trees. I don't have the oil derricks or refinery, but get enough fuel when I run out to last 3 or 4 days. It only failed to work on one exchange (lilies for another pear tree), but I simply planted and sold the lilies as usual so not a problem.

Well, I officially give up -- not on playing FT of course -- but on hoping for more functions to be added to existing facilities. That I would be willing to pay FT Cash for, just as in RL one pays to get the machinery, etc. to add new products in a factory or shop.

I also give up on hoping for my general purpose small town restaurant to "serve" breakfasts, a range of soups and sandwiches for lunch, and simple dinners. I'll just use a couple of the small houses (or other small building) in my rural town and have a "pretend" country restaurant :)

Obviously the developers of FT are thinking a lot like developers in real life who design shopping centers for small towns -- city thinking LOL

But, hey, lots and lots of folks are happy with these new updates and they really are great :) :) .... So I'm not complaining. ... Super job, devs !!!

Ms Tina
Jun 19 2010, 04:57 AM
Oh WoW.. how i wish I would NOT have accepted all those gifts.. They are in storage.. WISH I COULD EXCHANGE ALL OF THEM.. should I sell them or hang on to them.. Will we ever be able to exchange storage items????

Judy1953
Jun 19 2010, 05:23 AM
Have spent all afternoon having a wonderful time with all these upgrades - the best ever I think. My farm runs so much quicker now that I have the animals in their sheds. Only thing I wish is that we could buy the green dollars with coins - I have nearly 40 million coins but very short on the dollar thingies. I will not pay real money for these but hope in the future I can use farm coins. :)

SueW170
Jun 19 2010, 05:23 AM
Oh WoW.. how i wish I would NOT have accepted all those gifts.. They are in storage.. WISH I COULD EXCHANGE ALL OF THEM.. should I sell them or hang on to them.. Will we ever be able to exchange storage items????
If it were me, I'd just sell them. Whenever I receive a gift that I can't use in one of my facilities or that doesn't fit into the themes of my farms, I go to my farm right away and sell it so my storage doesn't fill up with stuff I'm not intending to use.

Angels Shangri-La
Jun 19 2010, 05:38 AM
Thanks guys, you've done a good job:)

Molly Mew
Jun 19 2010, 05:45 AM
The updates just get better and better. Hats off to you, Raul and the rest of the team.
Thank you for listening to the players and responding so brilliantly. :)

SueW170
Jun 19 2010, 05:46 AM
Not planning to get the coffee mill facility, but just wondering if the ground coffee will have new uses other than for making coffee ice cream (which, BTW, has always seemed a strange ingredient for making coffee ice cream -- wouldn't a syrup made from a strong brewed coffee be more real?)

jesdreher
Jun 19 2010, 06:01 AM
Count me in as one of the absolutely THRILLED!!! I am crazy about the gift exchange, however when I used it, I didn't receive the new gift in my gift box, but the old one. I'm sure it will work itself out soon.... :)

I think it's resolved cause my exchange worked out and the right gift is in my gift box.

Mrs Borgies
Jun 19 2010, 06:03 AM
Not planning to get the coffee mill facility, but just wondering if the ground coffee will have new uses other than for making coffee ice cream (which, BTW, has always seemed a strange ingredient for making coffee ice cream -- wouldn't a syrup made from a strong brewed coffee be more real?)

Yum...coffee ice-cream.....there is such a thing! :D

jesdreher
Jun 19 2010, 06:04 AM
Well done! Of course I'm on vacation and won't have time to play with all of these new toys the way I'd like, but it's all soooooooo good. Thank you!!! You guys continue to rock!

jdrangers
Jun 19 2010, 06:18 AM
OMG!! I LOVE the gift exchange!!!! Now maybe I can get the trees I need. I've already exchanged meat for a walnut tree. GREAT JOB with the entire update.

rjlinkjr
Jun 19 2010, 06:31 AM
This is all great, but I still can't send gifts, still get blank page or half page with some items but unable pick any. Getting tired of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjpumaty
Jun 19 2010, 06:39 AM
Hey Raul.... its WORLD CUP FOOTBALL nothing for my farm :(

krbrown2000
Jun 19 2010, 06:46 AM
How do you think you get the strong, brewed coffee? You have to have ground coffee, of course!

Coffee ice cream is the BEST!

ChrissieD
Jun 19 2010, 06:48 AM
It just gets better... thank you, thank you, thank you! x

Mrs Mags
Jun 19 2010, 06:50 AM
Wow!! exchange your gifts...Awesome!! Thanks for making Farmtown the best game ever.:) Loving all the new updates....

jennieileen
Jun 19 2010, 06:50 AM
thanks Raul... been waiting for a coffee grinder.. and pleased to see that 2 out of 3 are coins... thanks.. really enjoy this game... i am level 90...

jennieileen
Jun 19 2010, 06:52 AM
no.. ground coffee gives the true coffee taste... I am a chef by trade...

jennieileen
Jun 19 2010, 06:54 AM
Too true.. coffee ice cream is the best....I love it...

Mrs Borgies
Jun 19 2010, 06:58 AM
Bummer! The fish I have been harvesting since it became available, is now gone to waste. I just checked my Sushi Restaurant to find it is all gone. :(

Put some more in from a new harvest to see what happens.

bagoshen
Jun 19 2010, 07:05 AM
Thanks Raul and every one at Farmtown, I love the updates and waiting for new levels and I guess I will need a 5th farm soon.

All of you are awesome

HelenJS22
Jun 19 2010, 07:26 AM
Yep, you're right. I tested it with a dog. Put the doghouse on Farm #1. Moved one dog into the doghouse. Moved the full doghouse into Storage. Went to Farm 4. Removed doghouse from storage. Placed on Farm #4. Looked inside.

Doggone.

Note to self, move buildings and animals separately between farms. Gotcha.:D

:) Love It !!!

bagoshen
Jun 19 2010, 07:27 AM
Farm Town dev you guys are the best. To think people want to know why I quit that other farm game.
I also quit the other farm game cause I just love the stuff they give us here

PRT
Jun 19 2010, 07:35 AM
This is great!! I love the gift exchange:) Thanks so much.

SeamsToBeSew
Jun 19 2010, 07:37 AM
What a totally awesome release, thank you Raul.

SunnyD
Jun 19 2010, 07:37 AM
Hang on I will try * washes down a valium with a glass of scotch* . Can you semme now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yup TonyD I see you now.... glad to know that works....... course too much Scotch and you may disappear again.

SunnyD
Jun 19 2010, 07:39 AM
firstly....GREAT UPDATE...well done thank you for the new things.

BUT...... it seems theres a problem i hire my friends to work at my farm and they go invisible......they can still work no probs at all but i thne have to log right out of f/b and restart it to get to see them again i dont know if its f/b or farmtown.......it has only happened today since the update.....

Take a 5 mil tab Valium wash it down with Scotch that seems to fix it Dave.....

LoreneC
Jun 19 2010, 07:44 AM
One of the best updates yet!

Special Thank You for making the most popular item, per the poll available for coins!:)

wizzlah
Jun 19 2010, 07:45 AM
This moving animals into buildings thing is cool, but I have a LOT of sheep and building more wool sheds doesn't let you move more sheep inside. bit annoying that.

ohiosweetheart
Jun 19 2010, 07:47 AM
Great stuff! Still waiting for my coffee/donut shop tho! :D

SunnyD
Jun 19 2010, 08:00 AM
This moving animals into buildings thing is cool, but I have a LOT of sheep and building more wool sheds doesn't let you move more sheep inside. bit annoying that.

you can put up to 50 of one kind of animals in your sheds..... if you leave some animals out side they also will be counted when harvested... you can always put another shed on a your other farms......

MaryLouW
Jun 19 2010, 08:01 AM
Thank you for the coffee grinder!!! I've been waiting for that. Now we just need a coffee shop where we can serve all kinds of coffees, espresso, etc.

The ability to put the animals in their "homes" makes a huge difference in loading time!!! Wonderful!!

And the gift exchange, it just doesn't get any better than that!! Now I can get what I really need!!

Moving your animals from one far to another is the best thing of all!! Of course, it came AFTER I sold all my cows and had my friends send me more so I could put my farm animals on the same site but that's okay, it's nice to know that I can "remodel" without losing anything!!

One question - if you have 50 cows in the dairy barn and you decide to move them to another location, do you have to remove the cows from the barn first or can they stay there? That would be a cool way to move them!

It would also be nice if we could select multiple items while holding down the CTRL key. It took me forever to move my animals into their respective barns by doing them one at a time.

Bottom line, I LOVE this upgrade!!!!!

I bought the Sushi Restaurant but don't know where to get the "stuff" for it.. like the eel, crab, mackrel, tuna, and shrimp.

Wendums
Jun 19 2010, 08:05 AM
Love the updates.. thank you slashkey... Just purchased both Sushi Bar and Seafood Restaurant.. And I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed! There are only 1 dish in each facility that uses fresh water fish.. The balance is OFF! Why?

Hate to gripe, and I am really impressed your giving us what we ask for... thanks :)

Mrs Borgies
Jun 19 2010, 08:05 AM
Take a 5 mil tab Valium wash it down with Scotch that seems to fix it Dave.....

OK smarty, does it bring my lost fish (plus rice) back as well!!! :D

iots028
Jun 19 2010, 08:12 AM
You guys are doing great. I'm back at FT several times a day again.

Thanks

CynthiaSue
Jun 19 2010, 08:17 AM
I Love the new update, but haven't ceased to have loading issues since it started last night. Couldn't hire someone to plow last night. Having lots of trouble loading today and so has lots in the marketplace.

Che-Rah
Jun 19 2010, 08:24 AM
Tony needs to keep going to work and I need to keep going to sleep as it seems that is when all the updates occur.
Thank you to Raul and the rest of the team for another job well done.

Chitowngirl
Jun 19 2010, 08:30 AM
Thank you so much for all the wonderful new updates!!!!!!

J_Brisby
Jun 19 2010, 08:44 AM
Could we please have a moratorium on new facilities for a while? I haven't even settled down with the winery and textile mill yet, and now it's sushi and seafood?

SunnyD
Jun 19 2010, 08:44 AM
OK smarty, does it bring my lost fish (plus rice) back as well!!! :D

Of course it does.. and after the first bottle of scotch it will also give you pink cows so you can get Strawberry Milk........

RMKeiper
Jun 19 2010, 08:46 AM
You guys & gals beat Zynga hands down!! The new stuf is AWESOME especially moving the animals between farms.

Bobby Jo
Jun 19 2010, 08:48 AM
I just wanted to say that the gift exchange thing is BEYOND AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Like wow. <3 It makes life SO MUCH EASIER :D <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Wish all games would do this. I LOVE FARM TOWN! I've stopped playing all of the other farm games too because on FT I can never manage to keep coins because there is always something to buy with the money I earn!!!!! And thats what makes playing a game enjoyable! Spending the coins you earn then gathering more :D <3 <3

earlgray
Jun 19 2010, 08:52 AM
YES!!!!!!! This is the update I have been waiting for!!!!! Moving and storing animals, coffee grinder, sushi and seafood restaurants, gift trading, all in one upgrade - absolutely AWESOME!!! Thank you sooooo much!

xxjimmyxx
Jun 19 2010, 08:54 AM
:(
http://i50.tinypic.com/ofyn8g.jpg

ow well lol i gess 50 is enough lol

Tony D
Jun 19 2010, 08:54 AM
OK smarty, does it bring my lost fish (plus rice) back as well!!! :DNo , but you just don't seem to mind so much :D

ShishyPooh
Jun 19 2010, 08:55 AM
Where do you get the salmon? I've look at all the items in the "ponds" tab and can't find any salmon. Also, the seafood production plant does not list salmon as an item.

SunnyD
Jun 19 2010, 08:59 AM
Where do you get the salmon? I've look at all the items in the "ponds" tab and can't find any salmon. Also, the seafood production plant does not list salmon as an item.

i get salmon in my sisters big lake with the row boat........

♪Jeanne♪
Jun 19 2010, 09:04 AM

Same here. I love the idea though

Randall_Lind
Jun 19 2010, 09:10 AM
That would have made a lot of sense. Seems, though, the trend of SlashKey is to create single purpose facilities.

True however looks like something from a 3rd world country. :p

ShishyPooh
Jun 19 2010, 09:17 AM

Thanks!! I guess I didn't check everything! :p

Cider Sue
Jun 19 2010, 09:18 AM
:(Still not resolved :-(

Can't get it by signing up for insurance quotes, now way to exchange Coins ...hmmm ... 25million coins and I can't purchase new facilities.:mad::(:eek:

Still love the game tho'

amanda1955
Jun 19 2010, 09:39 AM
I love all your new updates, makes farming much easier, keep up the good work, this game just keeps getting better

Mimikrie
Jun 19 2010, 09:41 AM
OMG.... thank you so much! finally no gazillion of critters to slow down the app lol :D

Jaided
Jun 19 2010, 09:51 AM
Great Update! I was waiting for this!!

Just a note to everyone... if you put the animals in their sheds.. and them store the shed, you lose all the animals.. so move them seperate. LOL.. Luckily I only lost 21 sheep. LOL...

I love this update.. very happy...

ohiosweetheart
Jun 19 2010, 09:58 AM
What`s the point of the new coffee grinding facility on Farm Town? It makes no sense. You can sell coffee for 298 coins at the market but if you grind it you only get 195.

Am I missing something??

ohiosweetheart
Jun 19 2010, 10:01 AM
Is there a place to report a problem with the gift exchange? I got 4 gifts of a vehicle, exchanged for tree, and landed up with 4 vehicles to sell...(unless I missed a step on the exchange thingy? Is there a thread that outlines exact steps in exchanging process?).

DianeIf you desire to exchange a gift, click on the link, select the dift you'd rather have, then click EXCHANGE. The gift you want will appear, then you continue.

earlgray
Jun 19 2010, 10:06 AM

That's pretty strange, isn't it? Are there any salmon in real life that live in lakes? I would have thought ocean or rivers only.

SunnyD
Jun 19 2010, 10:20 AM
That's pretty strange, isn't it? Are there any salmon in real life that live in lakes? I would have thought ocean or rivers only.

see your confusing Real Life with a game....... LOL anything is possible in a game...........Roses even will freeze in bulbs......... and they grow year round too........and plus you don't get slugs in your gardens... and omg Pineapples are ready to harvest in just three days........

Platonicsolid
Jun 19 2010, 10:27 AM
All cool stuff, but now hiring from market doesn't work, and if you're lucky enough to have it work, rehiring employee from your farm (say you want to hire the harvester employee to plow) doesn't work. half the time when you "go with", the employee is invisible and you have to reload game. Finally, how do I get rid of a Hen that FT doesn't acknowledge is there? (reload has no effect).

iluvaxlrose
Jun 19 2010, 10:32 AM
Love the updates, as always.. nice to know that our wishes/comments are heard! Of course, now I need 2 more farms because the 4 just aren't enough space for everything! I would love to see roads to add to my town at some point. Otherwise, this game is perfect! Spent a ton on FC already and will continue to do so since the game keeps getting better & better

SunnyD
Jun 19 2010, 10:35 AM
All cool stuff, but now hiring from market doesn't work, and if you're lucky enough to have it work, rehiring employee from your farm (say you want to hire the harvester employee to plow) doesn't work. half the time when you "go with", the employee is invisible and you have to reload game. Finally, how do I get rid of a Hen that FT doesn't acknowledge is there? (reload has no effect).

If you have your animals frozen that will effect trying to move them etc...... unfreeze then refresh and try again......... i had to do that for days one time trying to get a dog off the roof of my house........ LOL

Rudyskid
Jun 19 2010, 10:40 AM
Love the new stuff, especially the gift exchange, BUT when I tried to exchange 2 different gifts, the original ones were in my gift box, when I got to my farm.

Touch_Stone2002
Jun 19 2010, 10:48 AM
Love the updates! You guys really listen!

However there are some nasty glitches, mainly in the marketplace and hireing to plow on the farm, and disappearing peeps on the farm. Just saying in case no one else has noticed

katiecakes
Jun 19 2010, 10:51 AM
I can't even express how awesome this update is! The best one in a while in terms of game play. Thank you! :)

Dotty Casper
Jun 19 2010, 10:59 AM
The changes are Great. However, since last night, trying to hire someone, causes avatar to disappear. They can't see me. I exit and come back they can c me for a little while then I disappear again. Eventually everyone gives up. Hire Requests aren't going through to all those hired. When hired I get thrown off the job, sometimes even when I am on the way. the count of items in storage isn't accurate. Please help quickly! thanks again for all the changes they will be wonderful once the bugs get worked out.

Haystack Holly
Jun 19 2010, 11:04 AM
Glad to hear I'm not the only FT junkie! Thanks for the new upgrades, love the animal moving. The Father's Day items are awesome, please leave some available after the holiday is over. These will be useful in the long run. Now that we have the fourth farm, I'm already jonesin' for the fifth. Is there FT rehab somewhere?

Zanza
Jun 19 2010, 11:17 AM
Great addition !!
My parking lot is done with cool cars in it, finally

I bought the Sushis restaurant, wait to grow some rice
Also bought the coffee grinder

earlgray
Jun 19 2010, 11:23 AM
see your confusing Real Life with a game....... LOL anything is possible in a game...........Roses even will freeze in bulbs......... and they grow year round too........and plus you don't get slugs in your gardens... and omg Pineapples are ready to harvest in just three days........

Thanks for the laugh! Yeah, I shouldn't expect too much verisimilitude, I guess! Pineapples and coconut trees growing where it snows... Who knows, maybe the pigs will start flying? ;-)

MI5
Jun 19 2010, 11:23 AM
A question if I have 100 cows, I can buy and to put them in 2 Dairy shed
and when harvesting the animals each Dairy shed it does pick up 50 milk? alone oh works 1 Dairy shed. ?

lighthouse02
Jun 19 2010, 11:51 AM
Mixed emotions about this last update - I had just decided to take a break for the summer and get some projects done, but this is just too tempting! :D Seriously, awesome update! Thanks so much!

SunnyD
Jun 19 2010, 12:04 PM
A question if I have 100 cows, I can buy and to put them in 2 Dairy shed
and when harvesting the animals each Dairy shed it does pick up 50 milk? alone oh works 1 Dairy shed. ?

you can add a second dairy shed to another farm.......plus the animals on that same farm..... only one chicken coop, one dairy shed etc will harvest animals on a farm......

New to This
Jun 19 2010, 12:20 PM
Can we have a barn on each of our farms and - store - 50 cows on each farm?

Jean Woessner
Jun 19 2010, 12:23 PM
Where do we get the salmon for the sushi? It isn't in the oceans, rivers or ponds, nor in the "seafood farm". Do we have to go all the way to Alaska?

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 19 2010, 12:25 PM
Where do we get the salmon for the sushi? It isn't in the oceans, rivers or ponds, nor in the "seafood farm". Do we have to go all the way to Alaska?

It's found in the big lake with the boat I believe... and the small lake.

Randall_Lind
Jun 19 2010, 12:30 PM
I have 4 cows that are frozen and I can't click on them to move or anything the rest move around fine any way to fix this?

lisbolt62
Jun 19 2010, 12:32 PM
Where can I go to find out exactly what each facility does and the items needed for production before I purchase the facility? Any help would be appreciated.

Jean Woessner
Jun 19 2010, 12:33 PM
It's found in the big lake with the boat I believe... and the small lake.

Most salmon don't live in lakes. We have a few land-locked salmon here in the inland northwest USA. But, sushi grade salmon live in the ocean and make their spawning runs up rivers! Guess this is like the cranberries growing on trees. :)

lisbolt62
I click on my sheds but it does not show how many animals I have in each. What can I do to fix this? Also, is there a limit on how many coops/animal sheds you can have?

♪Jeanne♪
Same here. I love the idea though

Oops! I figured out what I did wrong.

Having the coffee grinding facility makes me very happy! Even though the holiday pigs won't go into the sty, it's nice to be able to put them in storage. They were getting awfully hot in the sun with their winter hats on.

nanie's farm
Jun 19 2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks so much for the new additions!! Cant wait to see what else is in store for us..LOL!!

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 19 2010, 12:35 PM
Most salmon don't live in lakes. We have a few land-locked salmon here in the inland northwest USA. But, sushi grade salmon live in the ocean and make their spawning runs up rivers! Guess this is like the cranberries growing on trees. :)

I know where salmon live :) I live Oregon...

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 19 2010, 12:36 PM
Where can I go to find out exactly what each facility does and the items needed for production before I purchase the facility? Any help would be appreciated.

In the Game Guide we have a chapter on the facilities and it discusses what each one prodcues and what each one needs :) : http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314890

Wilde Lily
Jun 19 2010, 12:38 PM
I need FARM 5 desperately! I don't have any spare room. :(

Old Goat
Jun 19 2010, 12:46 PM
Major glitches this morning....
Hirers/harvesters can't be seen by each other after hiring. Seems to be rampant with us and our neighbors. One way around it, we meet on someone else's farm to hire. It works.

Animals that won't 'move' into a facility.... they have moved, those problem ones will have moved after you refresh.

Lots of people not seeing their coin/xp's going up. It will after refreshing.

Lee Ann
Jun 19 2010, 12:46 PM
Unbelievable !!!! this is so cool, I love the new features ! You people amaze me ! It just gets better all the time ! thanks for making this my FAVORITE game ! Love it ! Happy Farming !!!

Old Goat
Jun 19 2010, 12:50 PM

Kokanee salmon here, Lake Okanagan, B.C. :)

music5674
Jun 19 2010, 01:02 PM
nice attions..but its created new glitches in hiring for harvesting and plowing

nanasuieb
Jun 19 2010, 01:03 PM
Hey, Raul & devs. I LOVE the new update. But I found a funny thing. I use the little green ? mark to help me sell my produce at Market. If it has a ?, I usually don't sell. When I went to sell and the "Seafood Plate" had a ?, I was confused. What other use could there be for that? So I clicked the ? and it said, "Seafood Plates can be used to make Ice Cream at another faculity" YUCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : P

Lupi
Jun 19 2010, 01:05 PM
So pleased with the new update, thank you. :-)

Love the gift exchange. My neighbours keep sending me trees which I don't need anymore, so I can now swap them for something I need rather than not accepting the gift.

Also, my game loads so much quicker now all my cows are safely tucked up in their barn.

mst
Jun 19 2010, 01:15 PM
I like the new things and have purchased the coffee grinder.

longknife2
Jun 19 2010, 01:19 PM
thank you for the new info and all the new facilities. I have got the sushi restaurant, fish farm and coffee grinder. Very pleased with the look of all of them except the coffee grinder which is particularly ugly lol :). I am enjoying this game immensely today :)

I was hoping for a big old fashion coffe grinder with the handle on top!:p

Randall_Lind
Jun 19 2010, 01:21 PM
I was hoping for a big old fashion coffe grinder with the handle on top!:p

That would have been cool to have a building like that.:D

meinhardt76
Jun 19 2010, 01:26 PM
Thank you Raul love the new updates always making this a fun game.

Pete's Piggy
Jun 19 2010, 01:27 PM
Thank you Raul. I have been patiently waiting for a coffee grinder for some time. Farmtown is a great game and you obviously have been working very hard to make it such a success.

One simple request. Can you change the wheat to flour ratio of 2-1 to 1-1 like it is for sugarcane to sugar? Would appreciate it very much.

I know, no matter how much you do we always want more. But, it seems such a simple request. Thank you.

KGR
Jun 19 2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks for this update - The gift exchange is awesome. To be able to move animals and put in buildings is a huge addition to the game. Much needed features. Now if you can solve the slow down problems this game would be perfect. Thanks again. I love Farmtown!!!

Alanlee
Jun 19 2010, 01:46 PM

HI, make sure after you chose the gift you want that you click the exchange button too. I did not do that the first time so I still had the orginal gift in my box.

doogels
Jun 19 2010, 01:57 PM
these are fantastic new improvements to the game!!! way to go !!!the glitches with hiring workers are driving everyone crazy and the gift exchange is not working on myspace yet and my wife swears the coffee mill has subliminal phallic and ****** shapes??lol I like it .keeep up the fine work guys!!

Alanlee
Jun 19 2010, 01:59 PM

Diane

make sure you click the exchange button after you select your new gift. of course you can only do one gift at a time too

eblasch
Jun 19 2010, 02:01 PM
Great work with all the upgrades enjoying the game very much, its challenging and rewarding. However, where are we to get the lobsters from...they are obviously not in the seas....large or small. thanks

SueW170
Jun 19 2010, 02:03 PM
How do you think you get the strong, brewed coffee? You have to have ground coffee, of course!

Coffee ice cream is the BEST!
Okay, true, I'd need those bags of ground coffee to make the strong brew. Guess there was a slight bit of static in the brain circuits LOL

I don't eat ice cream (well very, very seldom), but have tasted the coffee flavor and it is very good. I'm wishing, in RL, I could find coffee flavor soy ice cream.

chinds97
Jun 19 2010, 02:04 PM
My problem still is this... you have all of us that are way over 1mil mark and we are stuck at level 90 whiule people that have like 750,000 are at the same level as us, as for all the items with farm cash now it's just not fair when we have over $100mil in coins and I'm sorry but like most I cannot afford to be paying out for farm cash at this point.
10 levels at a time aren't cutting it at this point, alot of us bust our humps on a daily basis with our farms and others are just riding along doing nothing and getting everything out of it

KayGee
Jun 19 2010, 02:16 PM
Hey, Raul & devs. I LOVE the new update. But I found a funny thing. I use the little green ? mark to help me sell my produce at Market. If it has a ?, I usually don't sell. When I went to sell and the "Seafood Plate" had a ?, I was confused. What other use could there be for that? So I clicked the ? and it said, "Seafood Plates can be used to make Ice Cream at another faculity" YUCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : P

You obviously did not see the Iron Chef episode where Morimoto made trout ice cream...LOL...the judges didn't like it, either, as I recall...

Cajun Karen
Jun 19 2010, 02:21 PM
Good grief! I had just decided that I wasn't going to spend ANY MORE real money until it became ABSOLUTELY necessary. And thanks to the devs, it has become absolutely necessary! :D Love the updates! What am I going to go with all the new stuff???

1) I'm not going to start begging for a 5th farm.
2) I'm not going to start begging for a 5th farm.
3) I'm not going to start begging for a 5th farm.
4) I'm not going to start begging for a 5th farm. ...

krbrown2000
Jun 19 2010, 02:30 PM
Love, love, love the gift exchange!

Big Honking Toe
Jun 19 2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=388828&l=43dd67387d&id=100000118764092

This is wat my main farm looks like and if you move back 1 image thats wat it looked like before.

Rin4Christ
Jun 19 2010, 02:38 PM
I love the new update- especially the ability to change gifts, BUT

today I am having lots of problems hiring and working. It seems that whenever you roll out new changes, it adds glitches to the system for a few days as the changes work their way though. is there any way to roolout the updates without upsetting the servers so much?

would it be possible to takt the game down for an hour to make the changes then bring it back up compleatly changed instead of doing a live change that introduces glitches?

jb71577
Jun 19 2010, 02:39 PM
I can not leave notes for people at their farm and when the owner return I can not see them and when i return to my farm my employees can't see me.... I love all the updates BTW ( I am not complaining .... just letting you know the issues)

Rin4Christ
Jun 19 2010, 02:49 PM
as a clarification, i can hire others and others can hire me, but we can;'t seem to hire each other at the same time

venus2471
Jun 19 2010, 02:51 PM
good one Alanlee...LOL

ArtsyLady
Jun 19 2010, 02:51 PM
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but..... now I need at least a 5th farm! LOL :D

Thanks for the wonderful new features! :cool:

Beer Farmer
Jun 19 2010, 02:59 PM
Love the new stuff, however I have not been able to use the gift exchange . I click the link but nothing happens. I use FireFox browser if that makes a diff.

Beer Farmer
Jun 19 2010, 03:02 PM
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but..... now I need at least a 5th farm! LOL :D

Thanks for the wonderful new features! :cool:

I hear ya! :D I am still upgrading #4 and today I noticed the price went through the roof! I had seen the next upgrade I need ( 20 x 20 ) at 4 million a few days ago, now it's 15 million? I don't get it!

oklahomanurse
Jun 19 2010, 03:11 PM
I agree, the new additions are awesome but I got a small problem. I spent a couple of hours yesterday putting my cows and goats in the dairy shed. Took a while because I had to keep reloading the game due to time out of the connection. Anyway I wanted to move my dairy barn to another farm., Added it to the storage and then went to second farm to retrieve it and OMG all my cows and goats that I have been collecting for so long disappeared. No animals except the few strays that I put individually into the storage. Is this a glitch? Will they come back? Did I just lose all my cows and goats? Please anyone who reads this and has a answer please let me know. I am heartsick...lol I am seriously adicated to farmtown. Thanks in advance for any help. Farm Town Nurse

snow_angel
Jun 19 2010, 03:15 PM
I agree, the new additions are awesome but I got a small problem. I spent a couple of hours yesterday putting my cows and goats in the dairy shed. Took a while because I had to keep reloading the game due to time out of the connection. Anyway I wanted to move my dairy barn to another farm., Added it to the storage and then went to second farm to retrieve it and OMG all my cows and goats that I have been collecting for so long disappeared. No animals except the few strays that I put individually into the storage. Is this a glitch? Will they come back? Did I just lose all my cows and goats? Please anyone who reads this and has a answer please let me know. I am heartsick...lol I am seriously adicated to farmtown. Thanks in advance for any help. Farm Town Nurse

I'm afraid your animals are gone. You have to put the animals and buildings in storage separately.

oklahomanurse
Jun 19 2010, 03:19 PM
Well very glad to know that but a warning that if animals were in the buildings when put int storage they would be permentaly gone would have been very nice. Thanks for the answer.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 19 2010, 03:21 PM
Well very glad to know that but a warning that if animals were in the buildings when put int storage they would be permentaly gone would have been very nice. Thanks for the answer.

Put the shed back on your farm that they were on originally and the animals should reappear.

Randall_Lind
Jun 19 2010, 03:31 PM
So slow a friend did trees for me and left it took Farm Town 2 hours to catch up WF44 LOL

sszymarek
Jun 19 2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the new items, now if we can get past level 90 that would be great.

Jan (Tiggs)
Jun 19 2010, 03:40 PM
I am one very happy farmer. Broke, mind you, but happy.

Thank you sooooo much for the latest update. (Now if only there were a coffee shop ..... )

ant carter
Jun 19 2010, 03:43 PM

i just 14400 coffee filled grinder to max posted and all had disappeared
help devs what happened to my coffee

KnittyGirl
Jun 19 2010, 03:47 PM
Oh Raul, you have made me such a happy woman!!! Being able to transfer my animals makes me so happy!! Now I can get them all on one farm!! Thank you so much for all your hard work and trying to keep up with our requests! I'm not one to complain and I'm not going to start now!!! A 5th farm? Holey moley, I would love one!! That's my first and only request!!! Keep up the good, no, keep up the great, work!! You are fantastic, fabulous and so talented!!! Thank you again!!

mothergose56
Jun 19 2010, 03:55 PM
It would be nice with the addition of the new facilities that require FarmCash - that you give us a way to buy them also with Farm Coins. Not all of us can afford to buy FarmCash through Paypal.

thanks
mothergose56
Level 90

ccfran
Jun 19 2010, 03:57 PM
Put the shed back on your farm that they were on originally and the animals should reappear.

I had similar problems - cattle and chickens disappeared but after moving the sheds back to the original farm, they did reappear.

I think a notice of the potential issues is necessary. It should also be noted that only one building of each type can be on the same farm.

So, just to clarify, to properly move animals from farm to farm, they need to be moved seperately and not in buildings. Also, only one building per farm (it shows the same amount of animals as the other building but neither can be harvested - at least on my farm before I corrected things).

I like the changes but agree with needing another farm (maybe not quite as espensive as the 4th) and more levels. A steady player can move up the levels very fast and once we hit the top there is little motivation to keep playing.

Kat_Kadiddlehopper
Jun 19 2010, 04:01 PM
Thank you for always enhancing the game :)

alemap
Jun 19 2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks so much for the new stuff :), I have been wanting to put animals in storage to move them to different farms and have been waiting for coffee grinder....awesome

Sesselwill
Jun 19 2010, 04:48 PM
i just 14400 coffee filled grinder to max posted and all had disappeared
help devs what happened to my coffee

I have the same problem with coffee disappearing from the grinder and yet it also disappears from my storage, so I know I had it in the facility. Also, my sushi restaurant did the same thing. Took my fish but gave me no sushi!! :confused:

Kelley Mueller
Jun 19 2010, 04:52 PM
So can we fish for salmon and mackeral then? With seashore?

islandstylin
Jun 19 2010, 05:12 PM
i tried to exchange a gift. I clicked on the link and nothing happened.

bob07
Jun 19 2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the update, I spent several hours putting in Dairy Sheds on my other 3 farms and moving cows around until I had 50 in each shed and the rest staying on Farm 1, net result 400 cows before, 276 cows after. Where did the other 124 cows go? During the process the storage was never accurate, it would show 5 cows in storage but not let you remove any for example. I finished, logged out and let it stabilize and came back to see to see 124 cows missing. I did not move any Dairy Sheds.

Thanks if you can help

Browniemaker
Jun 19 2010, 05:25 PM
HOW DO YOU GET YOUR ANIMALS INTO THEIR SHELTER? They don't move there and when you click to see the animals in it it's EMPTY!

kimbee2
Jun 19 2010, 05:36 PM
thanks for the coffee grinder!

Docperk
Jun 19 2010, 05:38 PM
Thank you, Thank you, THank you... I am so glad you made the upgrade for the animals... That makes the farms load SO MUCH FASTER.. Very cool. THe other upgrades are awsome too but the animal upgrade is one I am know a lot of other have been waiting on for a long time. Thank you so mucn. Ok Ok I guess you know I am thankful now... :D

Doc

Mrs Borgies
Jun 19 2010, 06:04 PM
Of course it does.. and after the first bottle of scotch it will also give you pink cows so you can get Strawberry Milk........

No , but you just don't seem to mind so much :D

LOL..... I am pleased to say that the fish have returned.

Thank you to those working so hard behind the scenes to iron out the kinks after this last update. You guys rock!

Edit: My coffee is missing now....I guess like the fish, it will return.

Mrs Borgies
Jun 19 2010, 06:08 PM
i tried to exchange a gift. I clicked on the link and nothing happened.

You need to click on the exchange link at the right of your choice. Don't make the mistake that I did this morning and choose the link at the bottom or you will lose the gift that you want.

I have done it the correct way yesterday but forgot myself when in my hurry collecting gifts and chose the wrong link.

Farmer_Susan
Jun 19 2010, 06:09 PM
This is one of the very coolest updates so far. The gift exchange is better than Christmas 'cause you end up with EXACTLY what you want. Once again, I bought one of everything - AND was able to make room for the new stuff by putting cows and hens in their respective buildings. They're much happier now and so am I. We have the very best devs in the world. Thanks. : )

Deb NZ
Jun 19 2010, 06:35 PM
HOW DO YOU GET YOUR ANIMALS INTO THEIR SHELTER? They don't move there and when you click to see the animals in it it's EMPTY!

when you click on the animal the 1st option is 'move to shed'

Tauni
Jun 19 2010, 06:52 PM
Thank you so so much for the Redneck Girl toys as I call them! I am so happy to get the ATV's and Monster Trucks! Everything is wonderful this week! You guys are absolutely awesome and everything is greatly appreciated! Keep up the fantastic work! Thanks again :D

SueW170
Jun 19 2010, 06:53 PM
no.. ground coffee gives the true coffee taste... I am a chef by trade...
That's interesting. How do you get around the graininess in the ice cream? Or doesn't that matter? The coffee ice cream I've tasted (( very rarely eat ice cream) tasted wonderful and was smooth -- least I though so.

Angel7
Jun 19 2010, 06:59 PM
Amazing Upgrade - You guys/gals are just wonderful !!!!!

beans1030
Jun 19 2010, 07:04 PM
Pig -> Pigsty

I saw that we can add pigs to a sty, but I don't see a sty in the market? Can anyone help me?

SunnyD
Jun 19 2010, 07:04 PM
GRRRRRRRR Lost almost all my dang animals i had put in my shed's.......... nope didn't put the shed's in storage... only had to log off line cause of storms..... when i came back no sheep or llama's half my cows gone ... not sure how many goats i had stored........maybe they will come back..............

bubba_bugz
Jun 19 2010, 07:36 PM
I love this game keeps getting better and better thanks to all

grannygoose0655
Jun 19 2010, 07:54 PM
Guys I love the updates!!!!! The only thing I would ask right now is if there is some way you could increase our storage for items that we are going to use, I have been using stuff to produce and selling as fast as i can, but i keep getting the warning to empty out stuff. I hate to do that, I did it last week and now could have used a lot of the stuff for the new facilities. Please please fix this.

Thank you so much

SallyL
Jun 19 2010, 07:56 PM
It would be nice with the addition of the new facilities that require FarmCash - that you give us a way to buy them also with Farm Coins. Not all of us can afford to buy FarmCash through Paypal.

thanks
mothergose56
Level 90

I've earned 219 farmcash in the month of June alone. Yes, I spent some money, but it was money I would have spent anyway and I get farmcash on top. (I got my husband a personalized duffle carry on for Father's Day, for instance) Join survey companies, do app of the day, join Home Depot Garden Club. That could be anywhere from 10-20 farmcash right there depending on the survey company. If you're concerned about them getting your email address, set up another one just for taking surveys. Another benefit of survey companies is that you can make real money and get things. I've got 2 checks in the mail right now coming from survey companies. It can be done. Good luck. :o

gramme65
Jun 19 2010, 08:11 PM
Moving animals is WONDERFUL but the best is GIFT EXCHANGE WOW I LOVE this new feature sure wish it were in farmville as well. THANKS for all the great new stuff

SparklyBird
Jun 19 2010, 08:11 PM
Like the new facilities - shame I cant buy them as I am at level 90 so do not gain anymore farmcash. When are more levels going to be released ? ? ?

Grumpa
Jun 19 2010, 08:31 PM
My problem still is this... you have all of us that are way over 1mil mark and we are stuck at level 90 whiule people that have like 750,000 are at the same level as us, as for all the items with farm cash now it's just not fair when we have over $100mil in coins and I'm sorry but like most I cannot afford to be paying out for farm cash at this point.
10 levels at a time aren't cutting it at this point, alot of us bust our humps on a daily basis with our farms and others are just riding along doing nothing and getting everything out of it

Just stop playing the game and your problem with it all goes away.:mad::eek: