PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- July 1st, 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Raul
Jul 01 2010, 06:22 PM
Hey there,

Read below the recent updates to FarmTown. This list includes the new levels, gifts, facilities and path we mentioned on Thursday. Things got a little tricky over here so we ended up launching the latest update about 30 hours late, we are sorry for those who waited long hours for it.

1. Axe tool to chop Pine, Oak, Bamboo and Cinnamon trees: Notice the Oak was previously a harvestable tree producing Accorns, this is not the case anymore. From now on, Oak trees are not harvestable, you can only chop them with the Axe to produce stuff later on in your facilities. Oak tree is now at level 44. Chopped logs are used by the Sawmill or the Cinnamon Factory.

The Mayor will re-plant all chopped trees overnight, to save you the burden of doing it yourself.

2. 10 New Levels: About 30+ new items, all in coins. This includes buildings, decorations and gifts.

3. Cobblestone Path: There are another 2 paths shown in the store, locked. They will probably be released early next week. There are many more paths and some new grounds to be released probably later next week.

4. Sawmill (coins): Allows you to produce Pine and Oak lumbers from Pine and Oak logs (timbers).

5. Cinnamon Factory (27FC): Allows you to produce Cinnamon Bundles from the Cinnamon Logs. Cinnamon Bundles are currently used in the Bakery to produce Cinnamon Buns and in the Coffee Shop to produce Cinnamon Latte.

6. Tea Factory (coins): Allows you to produce Black and Green Tea Bags from the Tea crop.

7. Coffee and Tea Shop (33FC): Allows you to produce different types of drinks from Coffee, Tea, Chocolate and Milk:

-Espresso
-Brewed Coffee
-Capuccino
-Cinnamon Late
-Hot Chocolate
-Mocha
-Iced Tea
-Green Tea

8. Start production of multiple batches at once on your facilities: There is a button '+ 10' right next to the 'Start production' button in all the facilities. That button will start the production of 10 (or sometimes, less) batches with one single click.

9. Product filters in storage and market windows: This will allow you to find faster the products you are looking for. Notice that the 'non-ingredients' filter will show you all the products that can not be used as ingredients in your facilities (except fuel).

10. Ground options on the Paths/Ground section in the Store: You can now select different ground types for your fam, this is a per-farm setting. More ground types comming soon.

11. New Tea Crop.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

JocelynCS
Jul 01 2010, 06:23 PM
QUESTION - what is the capacity of our harvest storage? I get the notice that it's "nearly full," but would love to be able to track it ourselves!

Lavenda
Jul 01 2010, 06:28 PM
thank you, I've been hanging for cinnamon (although at the moment it is just a pretty tree to look at and chop, more looking forward to using it ;) ). Thanks for the update, I'm off to try them out!

servocrow
Jul 01 2010, 06:28 PM
Ah...always something fun!! YAY!! Thanks!! :D

"...ServoFarmer took an axe...
Gave her Farm2 forty whacks..
When she saw what she had done..
She gave her Farm3 forty-one!!..."

WOOT!!

Kat_Kadiddlehopper
Jul 01 2010, 06:33 PM
Love #2 and #2. Thank you!

Nadine1
Jul 01 2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the updates!

BamaMike
Jul 01 2010, 06:39 PM
Just in time for my birthday.

Baba 947
Fantastic, I love the filters and the reduced mouse clicks when producing items. Despite what a pretentious "programmer" had to say, you obviously care about your customers. This game keeps getting better. Keep up the good work!!

Not sure that I like the all or nothing change of ground cover, but you made it easy and cheap to flip back and forth. I'm anxiously awaiting the new paths.

Even at level 90, I still enjoy the game. When creating all the facilities don't lose sight of the fact we need to be able to spend all this money on decorations and creating interesting farms/towns.

Molly Mew
Wooottt!! Thanks, Raul. :D

Tiza126
Tea, cinnamon, milk, coffee beans, sugar.....Starbucks is coming to Farm Town!! :D

bagoshen
Jul 01 2010, 06:44 PM
Hey there,

Read below the recent updates to FarmTown. These are mainly functionality features, tomorrow we will be releasing new levels, facilities and paths.

1. Axe tool to chop Pine, Oak, Bamboo and Cinnamon trees: Notice the Oak was previously a harvestable tree producing Accorns, this is not the case anymore. From now on, Oak trees are not harvestable, you can only chop them with the Axe to produce stuff later on in your facilities. Oak tree is now at level 44. New facilities comming to process the chopped logs.

The Mayor will re-plant all chopped trees overnight, to save you the burden of doing it yourself.

2. Start production of multiple batches at once on your facilities: There is a button '+ 10' right next to the 'Start production' button in all the facilities. That button will start the production of 10 (or sometimes, less) batches with one single click.

3. Product filters in storage and market windows: This will allow you to find faster the products you are looking for. Notice that the 'non-ingredients' filter will show you all the products that can not be used as ingredients in your facilities.

4. Ground options on the Paths/Ground section in the Store: You can now select different ground types for your fam, this is a per-farm setting. More ground types comming soon.

5. New Tea Crop.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
Thanks Raul, you are doing a great job

Nadine1
Jul 01 2010, 06:46 PM
I wonder, right now we have coffee and now we have tea, is their a coffee shop in the new updates tomorrow? I better start saving my ground coffee...

SallyL
Jul 01 2010, 06:46 PM
:D Thanks Raul, and Developers :D I've already chopped down all my trees in preparation for the new facilities. I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming.

TraceyMush
Jul 01 2010, 06:48 PM
Fun stuff ~ THANKS!

One little thing...when l put down my new cinnamon tree it disappeared as the pop-up came up to show me the axe feature. No, l do not have trees hidden. Also l had not picked up the axe yet to use it (l don't think so, l wanted a look at the tree!). No big deal at this point - there will be plenty more free gift trees!

Angel7
Jul 01 2010, 06:50 PM
Absolutely phenomenal upgrade - the counters in loading the facilities (+10, etc.) is saving me an enormous amount of time - THANK YOU so much Farm Town.....

TraceyMush
Jul 01 2010, 07:02 PM
Bummer, l'm at my first farm now and l just lost another new tree. lt's not in my storage with the pine logs l cut down so it wasn't a mistake with the axe feature. lt happened as soon as the pop-up came on screen to show the axe.
:(

jesdreher
Jul 01 2010, 07:02 PM
Ok...now I really need to make an entire farm an orchard of trees. But, I need that space for crops. <sob> Decisions decisions.

Oh, and thanks for the update! I'm particularly looking forward to new levels tomorrow!

Deb NZ
Jul 01 2010, 07:04 PM
love the sell non ingredients option and I have long grass! time to get that mower going

Deb NZ
Jul 01 2010, 07:05 PM
Bummer, l'm at my first farm now and l just lost another new tree. lt's not in my storage with the pine logs l cut down so it wasn't a mistake with the axe feature. lt happened as soon as the pop-up came on screen to show the axe.

It os chopped you can see the base reload and it will come back

Lavenda
Jul 01 2010, 07:06 PM

same thing happened to me, but it is there, the image just hasn't loaded ont he farm. It will be there when you refresh

And yep, thumbs up on the storage filtering and multiple batching int he facilties, they both work great - save time and make things easier :)

Tony D
Jul 01 2010, 07:06 PM
Really Raul , an update ! Game on Dude :mad: *I cannot believe you have given me an Axe hmmm *

Thanks ;)

TraceyMush
Jul 01 2010, 07:07 PM
OMG l love the tall grass! lt looks so...grassy!

TraceyMush
Jul 01 2010, 07:09 PM

lt's there!! Whew!

Guess it took some time to load. Thanks!
lt's lovely!

Nadine1
Jul 01 2010, 07:14 PM
Fun stuff ~ THANKS!

One little thing...when l put down my new cinnamon tree it disappeared as the pop-up came up to show me the axe feature. No, l do not have trees hidden. Also l had not picked up the axe yet to use it (l don't think so, l wanted a look at the tree!). No big deal at this point - there will be plenty more free gift trees!

I did the same thing, If you notice though there is now a stump where the tree would be...

WingmanFarm
Jul 01 2010, 07:21 PM
Just a warning for those doing a quick sell of non facility items in their storage.

The fuel tanks are listed and if you are not careful you can easily press the sell button by mistake. I just caught myself in time.

So either leave them in the gift section or be careful if they come from your Oil Refinery.

Nadine1
Jul 01 2010, 07:24 PM
Just a warning for those doing a quick sell of non facility items in their storage.

The fuel tanks are listed and if you are not careful you can easily press the sell button by mistake. I just caught myself in time.

So either leave them in the gift section or be careful if they come from your Oil Refinery.

Thanks for the warning, I luckily had already used my fuel tanks today and was just thinking how handy the new stuff was. That will make me thing twice tomorrow.

DARLENEW
Jul 01 2010, 07:27 PM
Way to go, Raul.....thanks so much!! Love the new ground covers, and other updates...I wait with baited breath on the ones to come!!!!!:D:D:D:D

PRT
Jul 01 2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks!!! I noticed the producing trick since I was making wine, and I'll have to check out the rest. Eager to see what tomorrow brings :)

piccpete
Jul 01 2010, 07:35 PM
I wonder, right now we have coffee and now we have tea, is their a coffee shop in the new updates tomorrow? I better start saving my ground coffee...

And I am wondering.... If we DO get to have a coffee shoppe... Will it be able to sell the apple and cherry pie that I have been selling off? LOL. Maybe a la mode?
I really really love that the devs give us strange and odd new things! surprises, and lots of laughs. Always a step ahead of us. ;) WHAT FUN!

Grumpa
Jul 01 2010, 07:42 PM
Absolutely phenomenal upgrade - the counters in loading the facilities (+10, etc.) is saving me an enormous amount of time - THANK YOU so much Farm Town.....

Darn. Just finished loading the facilities before the update. :mad:

PRT
Jul 01 2010, 07:47 PM
3. Product filters in storage and market windows: This will allow you to find faster the products you are looking for. Notice that the 'non-ingredients' filter will show you all the products that can not be used as ingredients in your facilities.

I can't seem to find this. I'll reload and check back.

Duh!!! On edit - didn't see the scroll bar!!! LOL. :)

alemap
Jul 01 2010, 07:48 PM
lol tiza i was thinking the same thing

ponygirl22
Jul 01 2010, 07:54 PM
Starting production in multiple batches is the best update!! Things are sooo much faster now. Thank you thank you thank you!!

merianb
Jul 01 2010, 07:56 PM
Multiple batches is wonderful! I can do things so much faster now.
Question: the new grass is not a "path"? The whole farm has to take on that new aspect? That's what happened at my farm.

jennieileen
Jul 01 2010, 08:00 PM
thanks Raul'' looking forward to tomorrow.. to see what there is

Grumpa
Jul 01 2010, 08:11 PM
Multiple batches is wonderful! I can do things so much faster now.
Question: the new grass is not a "path"? The whole farm has to take on that new aspect? That's what happened at my farm.

whole farm takes on the new aspect.

Wish it was just squares to place.:mad:

cindycindy
Jul 01 2010, 08:11 PM
wow!!!! I love the plain black land it looks so cool ..and it covers a big area but I cant find the cinnammon tree

*Farmer Brad*
Jul 01 2010, 08:14 PM
Thank you...sounds fun...I cannot wait for tomorrow (:

kimbee2
Jul 01 2010, 08:15 PM
i love the new sorting in storage and the 10+ bottom. thanks for your hard work.

Question are ya going to give me something I can spend my 65+ mil coins on? like facilities, or adding new things to make in the old facilities? If so how soon?

Mrs Borgies
Jul 01 2010, 08:16 PM
Ohhhh...Nice! Thanks so much to you hard working people behind the scenes....you truly rock!

Lee Ann
Jul 01 2010, 08:17 PM
JUst when I think it can't possibly get any better , you devs show me I am wrong again lol keep up the great work this is by far the best farm game out :):p;)there !

jrmoon
Jul 01 2010, 08:18 PM
First off great updates especially the production +10 is awesome, can't wait to see the new facilities, but please fix the seafood rest, I have all facalities and it's the only one I have problems with, made a post in the correct thread with my farm town id days ago and seems it went unnoticed. Seems to work sometimes and other times there is only one thing there or nothing, please fix

thank you

LoreneC
Jul 01 2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks Raul. Can't wait to see the new levels and other fun things you have in mind for us.

Tony, don't you dare call in sick tomorrow!;)

Deb NZ
wow!!!! I love the plain black land it looks so cool ..and it covers a big area but I cant find the cinnammon tree

Gift section

ema1976
Thanks so much!!! I just tried the tall grass. Love it.

Enigma66
Jul 01 2010, 08:30 PM
thank you and a million times thank you. Adding multiple batches is gonna save SO much time. Looking forward to tomorrow and hoping for LOTS of new levels lol

prettyponies
Jul 01 2010, 08:32 PM
Two thumbs up for the counters in the facilities processing. Excellent addition!!!

piscesfem
Jul 01 2010, 08:38 PM
Been playing farmtown a good while now (level 90) and was getting bit bored with it.............THANKYOU so much for making a game worth playing again!!!!!

Tony D
Jul 01 2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks Raul. Can't wait to see the new levels and other fun things you have in mind for us.

Tony, don't you dare call in sick tomorrow!;)Send me the Farm Cash Confectionery and I will think about it :D (Working Sat/Sun so your safe :( )

Mrs Borgies
Jul 01 2010, 08:44 PM
I love the new ground we can choose. I would like to see a lighter brown though, because the tone that has been used looks near black on my monitor. I see there is more grounds to come out yet, could this be considered please! Like I said in my previous post, you guys rock!

Old Goat
Jul 01 2010, 08:48 PM
Nice additions :) From what I've seen we can't use different grasses on the same farm?

Poly Fyre
Jul 01 2010, 08:53 PM
Thank you for the option to produce 10 items at one click in the facilities,
I, like so many others, bought some facilities and began to produce in them.
I got carpel tunnel syndrome really soon.
It is almost better because I stopped playing almost entirely.
This new option will hopefully allow me to do production when I return to playing.
I do really like the game and I think the devs are very on their toes type of people.
You pay good attention to the players and that is the best and most important thing about this game.

cindycindy
Jul 01 2010, 08:53 PM
love it all....thank you!!!!!! can we have pumpkin pie to make??

Hoggie
Jul 01 2010, 08:55 PM
i was wanted too no if there is any way to move 500 flowers and put them in my storage where i wouldn't have to do one by one :confused::confused::eek:

sueripper@gmail.com
Jul 01 2010, 08:57 PM
Great!!!!!!:):):):)

SunnyD
Jul 01 2010, 09:01 PM
check out what it says when you click on the Axe!!

use the axe to chop Pine, Oak, Bamboo, and Cinnamon trees. You can sell the Logs or use them in your Facilities to produce Lumber or Cinnamon. The mayor will replant those trees overnight. The logs will be sent to your storage.

So we are getting a Lumber Yard Facility???
Can we build with this?? LOL
make signs for our farms??
Nah i doubt it just produce Lumber Pine, Oak, etc.... will be cool.....

What will we do with the Cinnamon I wonder??

Chris the Farmer
Jul 01 2010, 09:03 PM
Furniture Shop and Coffee Shop come to mind soon with the trees that have been selected.

Awesome update also!!

Chris the Farmer's Co-Op (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=100000828488047)
*** Newly expanded to 3 farms. Please excuse the construction ***

tarawa
Jul 01 2010, 09:05 PM
Once again FT devs exceed all of our expectations.Nice job...and lol at the fact I just "liked" someones wood chopping idea a day ago:D

ggranmum
Jul 01 2010, 09:06 PM
I really do like the changes...but then.... I harvested peanuts and went to my snack factory and no peanuts to put in !! Not nice.

scpampered
Jul 01 2010, 09:09 PM
I love the new filter on the storage. Do you think that we could have an option to sell part of the product in storage. like if I have 1,000 blueberries and i want to sell 500. There isn't that option now....
Also love the option to start the products in multiples!

rick1027
Jul 01 2010, 09:13 PM
love the update sure makes loading my facilities faster cant wait til the next one to see what they come up with

Tony D
Jul 01 2010, 09:16 PM
check out what it says when you click on the Axe!!

use the axe to chop Pine, Oak, Bamboo, and Cinnamon trees. You can sell the Logs or use them in your Facilities to produce Lumber or Cinnamon. The mayor will replant those trees overnight. The logs will be sent to your storage.

So we are getting a Lumber Yard Facility???
Can we build with this?? LOL
make signs for our farms??
Nah i doubt it just produce Lumber Pine, Oak, etc.... will be cool.....

What will we do with the Cinnamon I wonder??Doughnuts in the Coffee & Tea Shoppe :D

ohiosweetheart
Tea, cinnamon, milk, coffee beans, sugar.....Starbucks is coming to Farm Town!! :DROFL! That's funny. :D

SunnyD
I really do like the changes...but then.... I harvested peanuts and went to my snack factory and no peanuts to put in !! Not nice.

when you harvest your own farm.. you get a pop up to that asks do you want to harvest and sell the product or do you want to harvest and place in storage to make more coins.. you probably chose to harvest and sell it . that is easy to do by accident ... i think we all have done that before........

ohiosweetheart
Doughnuts in the Coffee & Tea Shoppe :D eventually, I pray!

Lavenda
Jul 01 2010, 09:26 PM
~*SNIP*~
Question are ya going to give me something I can spend my 65+ mil coins on? like facilities, or adding new things to make in the old facilities? If so how soon?

Did you read the first post? I've copied it below so you don't have to trouble your fingers to click back to the first post. I've even put the relevant portion in bold and changed the colour to make it stand out more. Maybe you'll see it this time...

Hey there,

Read below the recent updates to FarmTown. These are mainly functionality features, tomorrow we will be releasing new levels, facilities and paths.

1. Axe tool to chop Pine, Oak, Bamboo and Cinnamon trees: Notice the Oak was previously a harvestable tree producing Accorns, this is not the case anymore. From now on, Oak trees are not harvestable, you can only chop them with the Axe to produce stuff later on in your facilities. Oak tree is now at level 44. New facilities comming to process the chopped logs.

2. Start production of multiple batches at once on your facilities: There is a button '+ 10' right next to the 'Start production' button in all the facilities. That button will start the production of 10 (or sometimes, less) batches with one single click.

4. Ground options on the Paths/Ground section in the Store: You can now select different ground types for your fam, this is a per-farm setting. More ground types comming soon.

5. New Tea Crop.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Lavenda
Jul 01 2010, 09:27 PM
speaking of the next update... I just reloaded my farm and got a pop-up informing me about these changes. The very last line mentions more to come on Friday... so where are they??? :D (it's already Friday here ;) )

ggranmum
Jul 01 2010, 09:29 PM
when you harvest your own farm.. you get a pop up to that asks do you want to harvest and sell the product or do you want to harvest and place in storage to make more coins.. you probably chose to harvest and sell it . that is easy to do by accident ... i think we all have done that before........

I dont usually choose that feature but who knows. Maybe I blinked this time.
Thanks for reminding me. I will keep both eyes open next time. LOL
I really do like the changes. Before long we will need another farm.

psycho_mommi
Jul 01 2010, 09:39 PM
this is sooooooooooo cool!!! ft is my totally favorite game!!! love the updates, can't wait til tommorrow!!!

gtosga
Jul 01 2010, 09:43 PM
I already like what we received today. The new grass looks so much better and realistic! Will hardly sleep for the anticipation LOL. Kudos to the developers for a great job and thank you for listening to your players unlike that other place. It is what sets you apart and ultimately #1 in my book!

Eadie
Jul 01 2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks for these cool updates. LOVE being able to choose non-ingredients in the storage!! YEAH!!! LOVE the multiple batches in the facilities. That's going to save me SO much time and I won't have to worry about selling an important ingredient (like pepperoni) that we can only get as gifts. THANK YOU!!

SirDaywalker
Jul 01 2010, 09:54 PM
I can't go to tea in this outfit!
:eek:

LOL
:rolleyes:

Need more clothes, now that we're 'movin' on up'
;)

Love love love the Tall Grass
:D

Signed,

Pulling an All Nighter just to Await the new Levels!
:)

OverTheRainbow
Jul 01 2010, 09:54 PM
FarmTown remains the best game on Facebook. Thank you for the ground choices!!! Love the new additions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HelenJS22
Jul 01 2010, 10:07 PM
Really Raul , an update ! Game on Dude :mad: *I cannot believe you have given me an Axe hmmm *

Thanks ;)

LOL - he wasn't game to give us an axe before he reduced the visits from 'The Mayor' :p

SunnyD
Jul 01 2010, 10:08 PM
SOOO hoping the new ground coming out tomorrow will have a way to make a parking lot or road on my farms.... wow imagine i have to sell back all them dang crates for that road I made on my 2nd farm LOL will be like selling all that snow back lol lol...

COKE VENDOR
Jul 01 2010, 10:09 PM
Hi FT developers-- After the gift exchanger came out I didn't think the game could get much better but you've proved me wrong and I just want to say THANK YOU and great idea with the mulitple producer--my finger and keyboard thank you. Keep up the good work and I'll have no reason to go back to FarmVille.

speedmonkey
Jul 01 2010, 10:10 PM
i was wanted too no if there is any way to move 500 flowers and put them in my storage where i wouldn't have to do one by one :confused::confused::eek:

I don't think that your storage will hold 500 items but having the ability to group and move things around the farm or into storage is a good idea.

Thank you again devs for yet again outdoing yourselves for our enjoyment. I can't wait to see what you throw at us tomorrow and in the future, because I am positive that there are many more wonderful things to come!

HelenJS22
Jul 01 2010, 10:11 PM
Love, love, love, love, LOVE the tall grass - so nice. I did get a shock though when I didn't get my usual chance to test it first to see if I liked it before buying, and also when it proved to be a whole covering instead of lots of little tiles.

Really looks good though. Thank you.

JAS0643
Jul 01 2010, 10:14 PM
I felt an update coming today, I have looked at it yet, I came here to see if we got an update first (how sad is that). Thanks for the new stuff and more new stuff tomorrow yea. :D I hope you all stick to this time line you never do. ;)

Thanks ;)

Tony you stay away from my farm with that axe, may avatar knows how to protect herself. :p

Grumpa
Jul 01 2010, 10:18 PM
SOOO hoping the new ground coming out tomorrow will have a way to make a parking lot or road on my farms.... wow imagine i have to sell back all them dang crates for that road I made on my 2nd farm LOL will be like selling all that snow back lol lol...

Ground covers the whole farm, I wish it was plowed field size instead. :eek:

Tony D
Jul 01 2010, 10:22 PM
speaking of the next update... I just reloaded my farm and got a pop-up informing me about these changes. The very last line mentions more to come on Friday... so where are they??? :D (it's already Friday here ;) )All us Aussies & Kiwis should launch a Class Action against Slashkey for false advertising :p

farmermuff
Jul 01 2010, 10:24 PM
Very happy with the new release and looking forward to the next release.

One small request/ critique, though. Can you guys move the fuel tanks from the "non-ingrediants" section of the market? Technically it is an ingrediant because you need it for the tools.

Grumpa
Jul 01 2010, 10:25 PM
All us Aussies & Kiwis should launch a Class Action against Slashkey for false advertising :p

You would lose, as it is not Friday at Slashkey yet.:confused: :cool:

Lavenda
Jul 01 2010, 10:28 PM
I think we would have to settle out of court because they didn't say which Friday they were talking about

~* wondering how long it will be before someone asks for an easier way to cut the trees, and wonders if Slashkey will introduce a Super Axe Hacker to chop down the trees with one whack-a*~

Lavenda
Jul 01 2010, 10:31 PM
just noticed anothe rbenefit of the multiple batch processing - the xps tally MUCH faster! Woohoo, thanks again Slashkey!

bcarmichael
Jul 01 2010, 10:33 PM
I love, love LOVE the new product filters!!! Just used them in the marketplace to sell my goods -- so much easier now to figure out what to sell! The non-ingredient filter is the bomb! Thanks so much for this organizational feature!

Tony D
Jul 01 2010, 10:34 PM
I think we would have to settle out of court because they didn't say which Friday they were talking about

~* wondering how long it will be before someone asks for an easier way to cut the trees, and wonders if Slashkey will introduce a Super Axe Hacker to chop down the trees with one whack-a*~Just going to start a " I demand a chainsaw (not farm cash)" thread before someone else does :D

Tony D
Jul 01 2010, 10:35 PM

~* wondering how long it will be before someone asks for an easier way to cut the trees, and wonders if Slashkey will introduce a Super Axe Hacker to chop down the trees with one whack-a*~I will settle for 999 Farm Cash ....NO LESS

Charo
Jul 01 2010, 10:37 PM
Cool! Thank you devs!

Would love it if we could accept all gifts en masse, too... but thank you so much for these cool new options!

nanie's farm
Jul 01 2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks so much for listening to us!! You make it so hard for me to NOT play FT and do my chores!! LOL!!
Now I cant wait for tomorrow to see what level I'm really supposed to be on!! (And get farm CASHHH!! - Im dying to buy some facilities!)

SteelerChick
Jul 01 2010, 10:46 PM
I'm so excited about all the new features!! I've been playing farm town every since the beginning and have watched with delight and amazement at how the game gets better and better. No boredom here! I'm a true addict!

scarletdolphn
Jul 01 2010, 10:56 PM
Tea, cinnamon, milk, coffee beans, sugar.....Starbucks is coming to Farm Town!! :D

Good observation, i didn't think of that but i do hope it's tim horton's myself

Liam Drake
Jul 01 2010, 11:02 PM
All us Aussies & Kiwis should launch a Class Action against Slashkey for false advertising :p

The company is out of California. It's not Friday there yet.

Grumpa
Jul 01 2010, 11:06 PM

~* wondering how long it will be before someone asks for an easier way to cut the trees, and wonders if Slashkey will introduce a Super Axe Hacker to chop down the trees with one whack-a*~

I want a BIG chain saw, forget the axe.:D

plbright
Jul 01 2010, 11:19 PM
I am seeing we can make cinnamon, but not where to make it? Or where to produce wood... so I'm guess we have more to come!

Off I go to figure out where to put more facilities!!! Oh My!!! :D

dottyF
Jul 01 2010, 11:22 PM
ok. Its very late and I have to work tomorrow and should be sleeping. so Ill blame it on that. I cant find an ax tool. :(

Suzanneisfarming
Jul 01 2010, 11:24 PM
I can't find a cinnamon tree....

Saxyroro
Jul 01 2010, 11:27 PM
Cinnamon is in the gifts now. This is why I like this game. Thank you devs. Thats why I've given this game actual money.

plbright
Jul 01 2010, 11:28 PM
Ok...now I really need to make an entire farm an orchard of trees. But, I need that space for crops. <sob> Decisions decisions.

Oh, and thanks for the update! I'm particularly looking forward to new levels tomorrow!

Plant your trees over your crops like mine :-)

It can be done!!

ckmorton
Jul 01 2010, 11:35 PM
Are we also getting another farm? Where else will we plant our crops

Djecurb
Jul 01 2010, 11:52 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the update, not as large as the past few but certainly some good enhancements.

Unfortunately I have just harvested by Olive Tree's, Walnut Trees, Mulberry Trees & Cocoa Tress and the product has not appeared in my storage???

Anyone else suffering from this??

Redeye07
Jul 01 2010, 11:53 PM
Start production of multiple batches at once on your facilities

I.LOVE.THIS. THANKS!!!! :D

justmecookin
Jul 01 2010, 11:54 PM
Thank you Raul...as always you all have outdone yourself with all the new additions...

Tony D
Jul 01 2010, 11:54 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the update, not as large as the past few but certainly some good enhancements.

Unfortunately I have just harvested by Olive Tree's, Walnut Trees, Mulberry Trees & Cocoa Tress and the product has not appeared in my storage???

Anyone else suffering from this??Hi, if you read the announcement -they did say that more levels + facilities + new paths will be released tomorrow :)

psycho_mommi
Jul 01 2010, 11:55 PM
love the new updates, can't wait until tommorrow!! this is soooooo much cooler than that "other" farm game!!!!! love u guys, awesome job to the devs!!!!

Djecurb
Jul 01 2010, 11:58 PM
Hi, if you read the announcement -they did say that more levels + facilities + new paths will be released tomorrow :)

So it does, didn't see that bit :confused:

Still doesn't explain my missing tree harvests tho :mad:

Tony D
Jul 02 2010, 12:01 AM
So it does, didn't see that bit :confused:

Still doesn't explain my missing tree harvests tho :mad:Just a thought (don't get mad again :) ) Are you sure you selected "harvest and store" and not "harvest and sell" when you started harvesting ?

Djecurb
Jul 02 2010, 12:04 AM
Just a thought (don't get mad again :) ) Are you sure you selected "harvest and store" and not "harvest and sell" when you started harvesting ?

I think so, never used Harvest and Sell (always use Harvest and Store) but I assume it would take me to the Market to sell them which it didn't.

I'm not mad either, updates are bound to have a few teething problems :)

Mrs Borgies
Jul 02 2010, 12:05 AM
speaking of the next update... I just reloaded my farm and got a pop-up informing me about these changes. The very last line mentions more to come on Friday... so where are they??? :D (it's already Friday here ;) )

Yep Friday here as well! :D

SunnyD
Jul 02 2010, 12:25 AM

(close your eyes Raul) do like a lot of us... layer crops.... layer trees on top of crops........ one way to have so much added fun...... I know it causes loading troubles but I only do two layers and i have most of my animals inside the facilities that makes it load much easier.... that has really helped with loading issues...... for me even being on dial up.... Farm Town is loading much better the last few days......

Bubba Geouge
Jul 02 2010, 12:28 AM
thanks for the new updates raul

kittykat1958
Jul 02 2010, 12:35 AM
i love all the new updates and things being done except for one thing you took the hot rods out of the gifts please bring them back as i really need to send a few more to my little biy who just loves those

kittykat1958
Jul 02 2010, 12:36 AM
i love all the new updates and things being done except for one thing you took the hot rods out of the gifts please bring them back as i really need to send a few more to my little boy who just loves those,

scarletdolphn
Jul 02 2010, 12:41 AM
I would like to make one suggestion if i may. When selling at the market it's great that it separates from plants, from animals, fish and whatever the 4th one is, could you add one that's "from factories" or "from production" or something like that? I noticed when i went into the plants etc my selling time was fast like it used to be, but i still had to go through the big list to get everything that has been made in a factory. Maybe you have already started on this feature, if so i appreciate it. If not, could you pls consider it. It's really annoying how long it takes to sell things at the market, not fast like it used to be.

JanMac57
Jul 02 2010, 12:45 AM
Ah Raul, I love you, if I weren't already married.... *sigh*, but I might not be for much longer if you keep this up.... poor hubby.... happy me! I thought I couldn't ask for anything more after the gift exchange but the batching and the filters - you guys are fabulous!

Mrs Borgies
Jul 02 2010, 12:52 AM
I would like to make one suggestion if i may. When selling at the market it's great that it separates from plants, from animals, fish and whatever the 4th one is, could you add one that's "from factories" or "from production" or something like that? I noticed when i went into the plants etc my selling time was fast like it used to be, but i still had to go through the big list to get everything that has been made in a factory. Maybe you have already started on this feature, if so i appreciate it. If not, could you pls consider it. It's really annoying how long it takes to sell things at the market, not fast like it used to be.

Hi there, When you go into your storage, scroll down the list of different filters and you will see the "From Facilities" option.

Chris the Farmer
Jul 02 2010, 12:59 AM
Or even the non ingredients option at the bottom of the list. Just be careful of the fuel.

Zanza
Jul 02 2010, 01:06 AM
Filters and multiple batch choice are a God's gift, what a great improvement, thanks !

Grass is quite funny, but as Mr's Borgies says, the PLAIN LAND is really too dark, and something more like a beige or sand (slightly darker than the paths) would have been a more realistic choice.

I've played with the axe just to test it on my decorative bamboos ;-)

Taz D
Jul 02 2010, 01:16 AM

Raul, I would suggest that Fuel not be included in the Non-Ingredients (put a question mark and say used to fill tanks for tools?) to prevent people from accidently selling it.
I did sell my oak logs when I wanted to save them, but since we don't have anything else to do with them yet not much you can do about that.

I love this upgrade.....all of it!!

Jan (Tiggs)
Jul 02 2010, 01:18 AM
What a fantastic update!
#2 and #3 will save me many hours!

I haven't any oak trees (yet) so have not been able to try #1 - but by the sounds of it, I will have to soon lol

:o I tried the different ground types before I read this and was horrified when all my land turned black lol. I was hoping to be able to plant trees in plain earth and have the rest grass, and to put some longer grass around the big lake. Maybe that will come in the future (please).

Am looking forward to the new additions today ... and am praying for another farm as I am fast running out of space - especially if there are to be new facilities added.

SueW170
Jul 02 2010, 01:21 AM
Almost. I'm in Oregon (also Pacific Time zone) and it's 11:20 p.m. now.

crafty chris
Jul 02 2010, 01:25 AM
oh my more things to get confused by ... my poor brain lol .... thanks for these and todays (yes friday here!!!!!) updates :) will not be using any yet until i see everything is working .. not gonna lose my goods :P lol

SueW170
Jul 02 2010, 01:29 AM
Filters and multiple batch choice are a God's gift, what a great improvement, thanks !

Grass is quite funny, but as Mr's Borgies says, the PLAIN LAND is really too dark, and something more like a beige or sand (slightly darker than the paths) would have been a more realistic choice.

I've played with the axe just to test it on my decorative bamboos ;-)
I haven't seen the land choices yet since it's not quite Friday here, but land color varies widely. Farmers where I grew up describe good, rich land as "black" (really a very dark brown) because it contained lots of decayed materials and nutrients. Here, out in forest areas, the soil is dark brown, lighter brown elsewhere. In some parts of the US southeast, the ground is red/brown. It's going to be interesting to see what FT has come up with. ... Yes it might have been nice to be able to choose to not change some areas (like I wouldn't want the yards around my houses to be bare earth color).

backlot
Jul 02 2010, 01:31 AM
on you new announcement comming is with one M
coming

SueW170
Jul 02 2010, 01:32 AM
I'll probably just continue to look at the image of each item and pause a fraction of a second to decide sell/no sell. Often find it's simpler not to rely on filters and tabs. But then, my list of items to sell isn't as large as I'm sure some are.

dlsluder
Jul 02 2010, 01:36 AM
I heard we were getting new Levels...is this true? I have been stuck at level 90 since the last update. Is there any reason the levels couldn't just continue to go up as we progress? I love Farm Town, I have been at it for a very long time :)

Farmer_Susan
Jul 02 2010, 01:37 AM
Filters and multiple batch production are true strokes of genius. Can hardly wait for tomorrow! (It's tomorrow here - HONEST!)

I planted tea last night and chopped me down a whole bunch of trees just in CASE we might have a need . . .

magzb
Jul 02 2010, 01:37 AM
hi there lovin the new stuff i am so addicted to this game its great but i need to ask can u please put the green question mark on the seeds so we no wots useful at present and wots not i get soooooo confused lol and again keep up the gd work many thnx

dlsluder
Jul 02 2010, 01:39 AM
Sorry, I just saw that we are getting new levels tomorrow...I am happy! Right now I have 1,215,00+ Experience points, can't wait to see the new levels start up to see what I will be :) This does seem that I am addicted to FT...I am :)

angel-on-tour
Jul 02 2010, 01:44 AM
Love the filter for items in storage and the multiple production option.
Thank you.

George61136
Jul 02 2010, 01:48 AM

It's about time! roflmao!

Can we make chai in juice factory yet

TsunamiVince
Jul 02 2010, 01:50 AM
Now there's something I can be happy about! Frighteningly enough this is a better solution than I could have thought of. Kudos!

Deb NZ
Jul 02 2010, 01:57 AM

Friday night where is it??????

Deanna J. Lloyd
Jul 02 2010, 02:12 AM
:DHOORAY!!!I don't know which of the new features I like best. The ability to start multiple batches with one click -- and thus speed up the accumulation of experience points -- has to be way up at the top of my list!! But you have also streamlined (or something) the process of posting facilities. I usually only post one, but even at that rate, it seemed like it took FOREVER to get through the three (or five) windows required to post. And sometimes, the final window just plain wouldn't post! No more problems with that.

:confused:Cinnamon Tree?Any chance this will be added to the Confectionery to produce cinnamon candy or is there going to be yet another facility to process it? I am a Level 90 with all four farms at the maximum size. I have maybe 60% of the facilities, but in all honesty, it's becoming harder and harder to find space for them, plus room for the crops to feed them.:( Can you not start adding new products to some of the existing facilities rather than adding yet more facilities? PLEASE?!:) :) :) :) :)

Rob T
Jul 02 2010, 02:16 AM
I haven't seen the land choices yet since it's not quite Friday here, but land color varies widely. Farmers where I grew up describe good, rich land as "black" (really a very dark brown) because it contained lots of decayed materials and nutrients. Here, out in forest areas, the soil is dark brown, lighter brown elsewhere. In some parts of the US southeast, the ground is red/brown. It's going to be interesting to see what FT has come up with. ... Yes it might have been nice to be able to choose to not change some areas (like I wouldn't want the yards around my houses to be bare earth color).

I think a good idea would be, yes have the base terrain as dirt, but, add a path that looks like grass, that way we can cover certain areas or even in patterns, they are adding paths tonight, maybe they have a grass path :)

Tony D
Jul 02 2010, 02:21 AM
on you new announcement comming is with one M
comingSory :D....

angeskye
Jul 02 2010, 02:37 AM
WOOOOOOT!

I always get so excited when my farm loads slower than normal cause it usually means a release!

Thank you so much, the x10 will be soooo helpful!

WTG Devs, I can't keep up, it's all so exciting! :D

SueW170
Jul 02 2010, 02:40 AM
Ah, now it's Friday my time. I see the new ground covers and really like the one called "Tall Grass" which isn't too tall for yards (well, if real life, my Homeowners' Assoc. would probably think it is, but it's the way I like to see grass). The "Taller Grass" is great for my North Mtn Retreat farm #3 or for open land. Agree with those who think that the bare ground option appears too black. It would only work well for a layout without houses or town type buildings. Even the barn yards would need something else to lighten up those areas (the dirt or stone paths could work there, though, maybe).
The options for filtering crops and products at the Market Place is really great. I like that we still have to think about what we're selling, but the new sort features make that much easier and more logical.
Also like the option to cut certain trees for production and the fact that they grow back (reforestation -- great concept).
Woohoo !!! I'm a happy farmer :) :) :)

JAS0643
Jul 02 2010, 02:57 AM

Slaskey is located in Miami FL. on the east coast of the US.

Inge Jones
Jul 02 2010, 03:04 AM
I love the new feature to change the background of our farmland. I hope to see sand soon! In reply to the poeple who were disappointed the new ground types were not placeable paths, the problem with paths is that sometimes they overlap the buildings and trucks. So we did need the whole-farm background option too!

MaryLouW
Jul 02 2010, 03:10 AM
I love the new feature to change the background of our farmland. I hope to see sand soon! In reply to the poeple who were disappointed the new ground types were not placeable paths, the problem with paths is that sometimes they overlap the buildings and trucks. So we did need the whole-farm background option too!

I LOVE the new backgrounds! The high grass adds so much to the farm.. it's far more realistic. I'm not sure why anyone would want that dark brown but then, who knows!!

I did have one problem with it - I have my trees, flowers, and crops layered and when I changed the grass, it left square holes in my fields. The plots with crops on them disappeared. I found that when I harvest what's left of the crop and replace the missing plots, all is once again, well. I can live with losing a bit of cotton or whatever. That is such a nice addition!

MaryLouW
Jul 02 2010, 03:23 AM
Outstanding!!!! I can't wait to see the new facilities!! This game just gets better and better with each new update!

The only thing I don't like are those oak trees. They take up a ton of space on your farm. They cost 1,300 coins each but the logs only sell for 39 coins. That means, it will take me about 34 days to get back my cost before it start begins to pay off. Not sure I'm going to plant many of those. It's not a very profitable item. Could you squish it down and make it skinnier? J/K!!

Love the new cinnamon tree... and all the rest!! Keep it going!!!!

King_of_the_Llamas
Jul 02 2010, 04:18 AM
A great update but I'm slightly peeved that I very recently invested 32 FARMCASH in a second Oil Refinery on another farm, which is now redundant because I only need one Oil Refinery to produce enough fuel for my needs. I would not have bought this second Refinery if I knew this update was on its way.

Is there any way I can sell my Refinery for Farmcash?

MaryLouW
Jul 02 2010, 04:26 AM
A great update but I'm slightly peeved that I very recently invested 32 FARMCASH in a second Oil Refinery on another farm, which is now redundant because I only need one Oil Refinery to produce enough fuel for my needs. I would not have bought this second Refinery if I knew this update was on its way.

I don't think you can get Farm Cash back once you buy something with it. I really don't like the flower shop after I bought it with FC. I was going to sell it back but they only wanted to give me like 300 coins so I just kept it. I have a number of things I've paid FC for and after I got it, didn't like it. Think of it as a new pair of shoes - once you buy them and you wear them for a few weeks, they're yours. They are not refundable. :)

silky
Jul 02 2010, 04:46 AM
Question about the ground cover?:confused:

If you purchase let's say the "taller grass" and you apply it,,, now you decide to change your farm and want the " Plain land" and you then purchase that, does your "tall grass ground cover go to storage or do you totally lose it?

thank you for the new things!

Soniae74
Jul 02 2010, 04:48 AM
Thanks tons :o)

titta
Jul 02 2010, 04:53 AM
Thank you.

Me too!!!!! Thank you so much! Those features are the best. Great. And I love to walk barefoot on tall grass and go fishing and maybe picking up some flowers... :)

Minkydo
Jul 02 2010, 05:04 AM
Love all the new updates. :)

One suggestion: A filter for the gift box. It was be easier to store gifts for the facilities. As it is, the screen pops back to the top of the list. When you have a lot of gifts, this can be cumbersome.

THANKS!

nic turford
Jul 02 2010, 05:04 AM

i've been waiting ages for a coffee shop. even willing to spend real money on it if necessary, but hope not.:D

MaryLouW
Jul 02 2010, 05:06 AM
Question about the ground cover?:confused:

If you purchase let's say the "taller grass" and you apply it,,, now you decide to change your farm and want the " Plain land" and you then purchase that, does your "tall grass ground cover go to storage or do you totally lose it?

thank you for the new things!

This is one I can answer. You lose it. But it's only 100 coins so it's not like it's a lot of coins. I started out with the short grass, changed to the longer one, and of course, I had to see what the dark color was too. So I spent 300 coins experimenting - actually 400 because I went back to the high grass a second time. Then I had to do it on all my farms. I love it!! Bottom line - you lose what you had when you cover it with something new. I saw in the announcement that they are going to have other types of ground covering too. Would be nice if you could use it selectively on a given farm but I'm happy with what they gave us.

Minkydo
Jul 02 2010, 05:07 AM

Well, it could be like the flowers announcement of 2 weeks :)

speedmonkey
Jul 02 2010, 05:10 AM

If you look at the option drop down closely you will see that it has a scroll bar on the right side. Scroll down and chose from facilities. It is already there.

SunnyD
Jul 02 2010, 05:11 AM
i'm loving that tall grass... but i think i'm going to wait to get it until i see today's updates and see if we are able to apply it in like patches or squares like the stone paths that would be cool to have it like that with corners and such..

Minkydo
Jul 02 2010, 05:12 AM
Actually, I have a 2nd suggestion :)

When storing animals in the barns, can we get an option to not have the pop up *every* time about how we can still harvest the animal? I'm think it could be similar to the one to remember to "harvest and store" for the session. I mean less pop ups should mean less bandwidth right? :)

Hope this makes sense.

daniel1972au
Jul 02 2010, 05:13 AM
love the updates and i just reach 3 million xp

speedmonkey
Jul 02 2010, 05:17 AM
I heard we were getting new Levels...is this true? I have been stuck at level 90 since the last update. Is there any reason the levels couldn't just continue to go up as we progress? I love Farm Town, I have been at it for a very long time :)

I would imagine that the levels can't just increase as we as we progress is that it takes time to build up rewards for people as they level up. New stuff for them to be able to buy that doesn't become available until like level 100.

speedmonkey
Jul 02 2010, 05:18 AM
(close your eyes Raul) do like a lot of us... layer crops.... layer trees on top of crops........ one way to have so much added fun...... I know it causes loading troubles but I only do two layers and i have most of my animals inside the facilities that makes it load much easier.... that has really helped with loading issues...... for me even being on dial up.... Farm Town is loading much better the last few days......

How do you layer trees?

speedmonkey
Jul 02 2010, 05:20 AM

For cryin' out loud! The full update hasn't even rolled out yet. How about we let them finish one update before we start requesting more new stuff. It has only been 8 days since the last one, and they are already rolling out another.

speedmonkey
Jul 02 2010, 05:21 AM
I am seeing we can make cinnamon, but not where to make it? Or where to produce wood... so I'm guess we have more to come!

Off I go to figure out where to put more facilities!!! Oh My!!! :D

It says right in the very first posting in this thread that we will be getting new facilities tomorrow.

speedmonkey
Jul 02 2010, 05:29 AM
I LOVE the new backgrounds! The high grass adds so much to the farm.. it's far more realistic. I'm not sure why anyone would want that dark brown but then, who knows!!

I did have one problem with it - I have my trees, flowers, and crops layered and when I changed the grass, it left square holes in my fields. The plots with crops on them disappeared. I found that when I harvest what's left of the crop and replace the missing plots, all is once again, well. I can live with losing a bit of cotton or whatever. That is such a nice addition!

I think that we are pretty much on our own if we use things like layering. I remember reading some where in the forum that at anytime those glitches may disappear along with the layers of stuff on them. Thanks for the heads up on that though I will keep it in mind in the future. How do you layer trees and flowers?

speedmonkey
Jul 02 2010, 05:34 AM

How does the update change you fuel requirement? It seems that the update are happening fairly regularly so maybe in the future it would be prudent to wait a few days to see if a new update is going to come out that might change how you need to do things. Just a thought.

I am pretty sure that when buying with FC it is a buyer beware thing. Once you have spent them your pretty much stuck with what you bought or you sell it at a HUGE loss.

speedmonkey
Jul 02 2010, 05:36 AM
This is one I can answer. You lose it. But it's only 100 coins so it's not like it's a lot of coins. I started out with the short grass, changed to the longer one, and of course, I had to see what the dark color was too. So I spent 300 coins experimenting - actually 400 because I went back to the high grass a second time. Then I had to do it on all my farms. I love it!! Bottom line - you lose what you had when you cover it with something new. I saw in the announcement that they are going to have other types of ground covering too. Would be nice if you could use it selectively on a given farm but I'm happy with what they gave us.

From my understanding of the update announcement you can apply a different ground cover to each farm.

MaineMoments
Jul 02 2010, 05:39 AM
Thank you for the recent updates - they are great changes. I appreciate the work it takes to make these changes. Keep up the good work!

grannyg
Jul 02 2010, 05:44 AM
Thank you.

i could agree more.... great game well impressed with it keep going slashkey x

servocrow
Jul 02 2010, 05:54 AM
From my understanding of the update announcement you can apply a different ground cover to each farm.

That is true; I've already done it on all four farms. :)

jdrangers
Jul 02 2010, 06:29 AM
great job as usual and my mouse loves you!! less clicking on facilities.

♪Jeanne♪
Jul 02 2010, 06:34 AM
I love the new production scheduling in the factories. Not only does it reduce mouse clicks but you don't over click and get the pop up screen. Plus if you can see what you can still make.
It was fun chopping down trees last night. :-)

JaneMarple9
Jul 02 2010, 06:34 AM
Great updates, can't wait for the new levels, and love the "10 click facilities" :)

joe-canadian
Jul 02 2010, 06:44 AM
first of all..love the new upgrades............BUT....a complaint i hear all the time i agree with...i have all the factories except the flower shop(don't want it)...even running 4 max farms its hard to keep enough of everything planted..the 3 and 4 day crops kill you...can you do something about grow times on those crops..i know i'll keep getting every factory you bring out..or maybe a place you can go to buy stuff you need for factories...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!

kazzaqld
Jul 02 2010, 07:00 AM
My RSI thanks you for the "10 click facilities"

SunnyD
Jul 02 2010, 07:12 AM
anyone else keep checking the store to see what is there?? i swear i am going to wear out that button lol lol

StoneFace
Jul 02 2010, 07:18 AM
I love, love LOVE the new product filters!!! Just used them in the marketplace to sell my goods -- so much easier now to figure out what to sell! The non-ingredient filter is the bomb! Thanks so much for this organizational feature!

Just visited your farms..... nice ! You have done a lot of work and are creative...

Silkenrommie
Jul 02 2010, 07:28 AM
anyone else keep checking the store to see what is there?? i swear i am going to wear out that button lol lol

lol I've been doing the same, and now I have to go to bed, ohwell at least time passes relatively quick when ones asleep.

StoneFace
Jul 02 2010, 07:32 AM
first of all..love the new upgrades............BUT....a complaint i hear all the time i agree with...i have all the factories except the flower shop(don't want it)...even running 4 max farms its hard to keep enough of everything planted..the 3 and 4 day crops kill you...can you do something about grow times on those crops..i know i'll keep getting every factory you bring out..or maybe a place you can go to buy stuff you need for factories...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!

I kind of agree..... but then, those who are higher levels got there by using the 3-4 day crops and the money they generated. I would not want to see the lower levels, and beginners "cheated" out of working for their own advancement.

We have enough of that in real life .....

Want some thing???? Work for it.:D

chinds97
Jul 02 2010, 07:35 AM
All I am hoping is that first there are more than 10 levels at a time this round... as for the beginners alot of them are cheating their way up by using farm cash they purchase to get the other farms which seriously isn't fair to us that worked our butts off to get to the highest levels and not by 'cheating'

lighthouse02
Jul 02 2010, 07:35 AM

It's going to be a LONG day!! :D Not-so-patiently waiting for the rest of the new toys. I keep checking as well, but I'm guessing it will probably be about the same time as yesterday. Love the new features.

Grumpa
Jul 02 2010, 07:46 AM

use the drop down filter top right, slide down to facilities and you get from facilities only.

darlamay49
Jul 02 2010, 07:47 AM
SEEMS THE COOP LIMIT RAISED MAYBE TEMP> but i was loading new coop 55 chicks hmm :)

tharcicia
Jul 02 2010, 07:47 AM
All I am hoping is that first there are more than 10 levels at a time this round... as for the beginners alot of them are cheating their way up by using farm cash they purchase to get the other farms which seriously isn't fair to us that worked our butts off to get to the highest levels and not by 'cheating'

I agree with you but remember didnīt we have fun getting to where we are now? Well I certainly did! I'm playing for fun and pleasure and no one is going to take that away from me, I hope you feel the same way ;)

Enigma66
Jul 02 2010, 07:50 AM
SEEMS THE COOP LIMIT RAISED MAYBE TEMP> but i was loading new coop 55 chicks hmm :)

Thats been there almost a week. I have a few animal houses with more than 50 of each in

portviking
Jul 02 2010, 08:02 AM
The filters are GREAT. I have 1 question...the wood that is chopped...where is it going?? it does not show in my storage.

Grumpa
Jul 02 2010, 08:05 AM

How is using Farm Cash that has been purchased cheating.:eek:

This is a bata game and is evolving all the time with changes that people either love or hate. I purchased my mansion by planting raspberries to pay for it and only raspberries. hate the raspberries but if hired to harvest and it is raspberries I do them, while others have complained about the cheap crop and have left the farm.:D

Each to there own way of playing.:cool:

hodge
Jul 02 2010, 08:06 AM
We're going to need more land again so that we have room for all of this wonderful stuff :)

ckmorton
Jul 02 2010, 08:14 AM

That happened to me to but if you go out and come back in the tree is there. Weird feature and probably needs to be fixed

tagman
Jul 02 2010, 08:27 AM
You are doing a VERY good job with Farm Town and I will upport you.

StoneFace
Jul 02 2010, 08:34 AM

YEP I totally agree :D

tagman
Jul 02 2010, 08:37 AM
Where is the ax???

dorissau
Jul 02 2010, 08:40 AM
Oh my.. I love FarmTown!! Always something new & exciting even though I'm at level 90! Thanks so much for inventing new things without losing sight of FARM town!!

Clucky
Jul 02 2010, 08:42 AM
It's FRIDAY!! WOOT can't wait for the new stuff.

Marts1
Jul 02 2010, 08:43 AM
How is using Farm Cash that has been purchased cheating.:eek:

This is a bata game and is evolving all the time with changes that people either love or hate. I purchased my mansion by planting raspberries to pay for it and only raspberries. hate the raspberries but if hired to harvest and it is raspberries I do them, while others have complained about the cheap crop and have left the farm.:D

Each to there own way of playing.:cool:

I find the struggle on the way up the most fun part. I am glad more levels are coming just before I reached 90.

Tipka
Jul 02 2010, 08:45 AM
All great improvements in last update, I even used black soil for my 4th farm, very fertilizing :D Now devs said something about new facilities and it's all excitement, hope they come soon.
How about a little fish boat, I would be very pleased, maybe net for rivers and ponds and a boat for lakes and coasts, that would be great

Ferbylicious
Jul 02 2010, 08:59 AM
2 questions: where do we get Bamboo? and where is the axe tool? I can't see it. Otherwise, ty for everything it only gets better, you guys do an excellent job. Thanks

Jean Woessner
Jul 02 2010, 09:05 AM
So, when you get the gift of the cinnamon tree, and move it from your gift box onto your farm, it arrives as a stump, already cut down? Man, that's just weird. And why was I charged 280 coins to move two trees?

Country Girl77
Jul 02 2010, 09:09 AM
your tree will return full so you can cut it down, sometimes it takes a bit for it to show or just a refresh

Country Girl77
Jul 02 2010, 09:10 AM
Bamboo trees can be bought in the tree area of the store. The ax is in the same area as the watering can and bulldozer

Country Girl77
Jul 02 2010, 09:12 AM

I've been checking often as well. It's like I suddenly have nothing to do around the house....lol

sherykah
Jul 02 2010, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the lastest additions!

aceyducey
Jul 02 2010, 09:15 AM
I love all your new updates. Thank you, raul.

I have a question......
I chose an all brown cover for my farm. I have a center "green" which I would like to make green again. Is there a way to just make a part of the farm a different color or composition?

Debbie Arnold
Jul 02 2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks to the devs for the updates and improvements we received yesterday. I especially love the less clicking to fill my facilities as I have muscle and nerve problems in my hands and arm which gets very painful from all that clicking. I look forward to the new levels and facilities being released today and wait with excitement to see what they will be. But I for one need a 5th farm or we need our farm sizes increased as we are most certainly running out of room for all these trees, facilities and new crops. How about a 30X30 size for our present farms? LOL

pmillie@maine.rr.com
Jul 02 2010, 09:27 AM
hi - i would like it if the seeds that we want to plant were listed by the times of their harvest. Like put all the 4hrs together the 8 hrs, 12 hrs. etc. that way it would save a lot of scolling up and down to look for a seed we want

Big Honking Toe
Jul 02 2010, 09:34 AM
Oh wow we are getting new levels today.

Raenie
Jul 02 2010, 09:37 AM
You guys (and gals ;) are the best! Love all of these new updates.

And I did notice that you fixed all of the minor glitches that we had after the last update, before introducing new items!!!! (Yeah) Yours is the first game I've seen doing this and we users certainly appreciate it!

I also appreciate being able to buy the upgrades to farm #4 (without having to pay rl cash for them) , even if the prices are outrageous (lol). At least we're able to save up for them, just like in real life! (ha,ha, ha..;) Gives us folks who can't afford to spend real money on these games, the change to accomplish something!

Thank you all ...

StoneFace
Jul 02 2010, 09:37 AM
hi - i would like it if the seeds that we want to plant were listed by the times of their harvest. Like put all the 4hrs together the 8 hrs, 12 hrs. etc. that way it would save a lot of scolling up and down to look for a seed we want

I think that the way they are arranged is not so much by cost or by time.... but by the return on the investment...

for months, rosemary was last, because it had the best return on the investment... not sure on the new Tea.

hey.......... anybody for a Tea Party??

as for me, the best return are the grapes.... turned into Champagne and wine.... like for 4 mill a day or so in income.

Wonder if the new facilities will be that prosperous.

jesdreher
Jul 02 2010, 09:51 AM

How is that cheating? It's explicitly allowed in the game. I for one have only used coins for my upgrades (because I'm cheap), but if someone wants to move up faster by using money, hey, go for it. If I recall, the option to purchase upgrades with FC has been there a long time, so it was an option open to you as well.

I actually feel some sympathy for beginners right now. With all the new changes that are happening, I can't see how a beginner can keep it all straight and keep up with all the stuff they probably want to do. Since I've been at it for a year, I've added things gradually and I can get used to new changes as they happen as opposed to having to take it all in at once.

Grumpa
Jul 02 2010, 09:59 AM
Would allow you to purchase in batches.

A drop down like for selling, allowing you to purchase 2, 3, 4, 5 even up to 10 items at a time.

What a improvement it would be.:D

Kat_Kadiddlehopper
Jul 02 2010, 10:14 AM

I agree with you. Or at least have the option of sorting them by selecting a drop down option.

JustHikk
Jul 02 2010, 10:32 AM
I think that the way they are arranged is not so much by cost or by time.... but by the return on the investment...

for months, rosemary was last, because it had the best return on the investment... not sure on the new Tea.

hey.......... anybody for a Tea Party??

as for me, the best return are the grapes.... turned into Champagne and wine.... like for 4 mill a day or so in income.

Wonder if the new facilities will be that prosperous.

The seeds are in the store in the order that they get unlocked as you progress through the game. Has nothing to do with return on investment.

Raenie
Jul 02 2010, 10:35 AM
I agree completely! I'm glad that they have left us the option to still work for the upgrades to the farms! Other games just start charging real money for all of the new features they come out with!

~~~

Know what you mean about newbies feeling overwhelmed?! I know I would be if I were just starting out ... (lol, lol). Then again, think of all the oppurtunities that are available for them?!!! :)

~~~

How is that cheating? It's explicitly allowed in the game. I for one have only used coins for my upgrades (because I'm cheap), but if someone wants to move up faster by using money, hey, go for it. If I recall, the option to purchase upgrades with FC has been there a long time, so it was an option open to you as well.

I actually feel some sympathy for beginners right now. With all the new changes that are happening, I can't see how a beginner can keep it all straight and keep up with all the stuff they probably want to do. Since I've been at it for a year, I've added things gradually and I can get used to new changes as they happen as opposed to having to take it all in at once.

magsmain
Jul 02 2010, 10:44 AM

we need to call it "Farmbucks" ha ha

Farmer_Susan
Jul 02 2010, 10:53 AM
WOOOOOOT!

I always get so excited when my farm loads slower than normal cause it usually means a release!

ROTFLOL!!!! Yep!

pinksheep
Jul 02 2010, 10:59 AM
does anyone know why when taking the cinnamon trees out of the gift box they are coming out chopped down? and where are they going...

Country Girl77
Jul 02 2010, 11:02 AM
does anyone know why when taking the cinnamon trees out of the gift box they are coming out chopped down? and where are they going...

Mine have shown back up after a refresh of the page

Texas Belle
Jul 02 2010, 11:06 AM
Would allow you to purchase in batches.

A drop down like for selling, allowing you to purchase 2, 3, 4, 5 even up to 10 items at a time.

What a improvement it would be.:D

I did the 10 at a time today, but wow do that screen flickers, and if I had more than the 10 it did not show until the last 10 batches, still clicked for more than 10...
Maybe with time you will all fix that, you developers and techs are the greatest, thanks

What about my mango ice cream? LOL

JustHikk
Jul 02 2010, 11:08 AM

Mine did that until I reloaded the page, then they show up ready to chop.

Texas Belle
Jul 02 2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks to the devs for the updates and improvements we received yesterday. I especially love the less clicking to fill my facilities as I have muscle and nerve problems in my hands and arm which gets very painful from all that clicking. I look forward to the new levels and facilities being released today and wait with excitement to see what they will be. But I for one need a 5th farm or we need our farm sizes increased as we are most certainly running out of room for all these trees, facilities and new crops. How about a 30X30 size for our present farms? LOL

Oh boy, that would be really exciting if we could augment the size of the farms, we don't really new a new plot we need expansion of the land we already have. It would give us room to expand on whichever farm we need.
Thanks Raul for everything and yet still we keep asking for more, but hey, it gives you all something to do too, LOL

Texas Belle
Jul 02 2010, 11:15 AM
Mine did that until I reloaded the page, then they show up ready to chop.

I am not chopping mine until we get the facility, then they are going to the wood works...

Where are we going to grind the cinnamon, same place where we grind the coffee?

PRT
Jul 02 2010, 11:17 AM
I absolutely LOVE the faster production. No more counting of grapes, goat milk and wheat. Just click that little 10!!! Adding the points quickly seems to help things too.

pinksheep
Jul 02 2010, 11:27 AM
Mine have shown back up after a refresh of the page

i spoke too soon apparently!!! thanks!

Country Girl77
Jul 02 2010, 11:35 AM
i spoke too soon apparently!!! thanks!

It happens. I had wondered the same thing but was just too busy working on the farms...lol

SunnyD
Jul 02 2010, 11:40 AM
hurry send the updates... we got storms coming in lol ...... need my fix ....... LOL

DebScott
Jul 02 2010, 11:43 AM
You guys (and gals ;) are the best! Love all of these new updates.

And I did notice that you fixed all of the minor glitches that we had after the last update, before introducing new items!!!! (Yeah) Yours is the first game I've seen doing this and we users certainly appreciate it!

I also appreciate being able to buy the upgrades to farm #4 (without having to pay rl cash for them) , even if the prices are outrageous (lol). At least we're able to save up for them, just like in real life! (ha,ha, ha..;) Gives us folks who can't afford to spend real money on these games, the change to accomplish something!

Thank you all ...

Minor one's maybe, but what about the major ones?? :(
For weeks we have been losing large amounts of stuff put into production in the sushi, seafood and coffee facilities. There is a 42 page thread from people losing stuff day after day.
Devs/mods - could we please at least have an acknowledgement of the problem, and a comforting word to say you're working on it??:)

bettyc21
Jul 02 2010, 11:49 AM
I might be missing it but everyone is talkin about new levels since yesterday but my level did not change. Iam 90 so I would think I would go up. Am i missig something??

lab lover
Jul 02 2010, 11:51 AM
the new levels should be out later today

WingmanFarm
Jul 02 2010, 12:08 PM
Well here is my input with the new features to the facilities.

Make sure you have at least 2 hours to load the facilities and be prepared to be totally frustrated when you think you have a facility loaded for if you re checked finding that only 1 or 2 of maybe 6 will be actually done.

The connection to server lost occurred 6 times during the 2 hours it took to fill my facility ( I had 10 facilities to fill).

The only fix I can see is to only click 4 or 5 times for each item...refresh...go back and again click 3 or 4 times...refresh and continue until you have what you want in the facility. This will take about 1-2 hours with 5 to 7 facilities to work.

wrashley
Jul 02 2010, 12:12 PM
why can't i get on farmtown?
gets to loading user and won't go any further. how do i resolve this?

TalknRockPines
Jul 02 2010, 12:29 PM
Love, Love, Love all the new additions. Since I started using Google Chrome I've not had any difficulty (except a few minor ones you would have with any game). Couldn't play this on IE at all... Keep checking for new facilities... not that I have anything else to do to prepare for our 4th of July cookout. LOL

lorraine72
Jul 02 2010, 12:31 PM
love the new stuff......im now on edge waiting nicely for whats coming....i keep checking but nowt yet lol...man do we not had a farmtown addicts seflfhelp group lol...ive been on since i got up this morning at 8 and now its 6.30 pm :P :P :P :P

SunnyD
Jul 02 2010, 12:44 PM
why can't i get on farmtown?
gets to loading user and won't go any further. how do i resolve this?

empty your cache then reboot your PC.... as a rule I do this any time we have updates.....good luck.....

cookie56
Jul 02 2010, 12:48 PM
Expansions????????

free1indeed
Jul 02 2010, 01:00 PM
Ah...always something fun!! YAY!! Thanks!! :D

"...ServoFarmer took an axe...
Gave her Farm2 forty whacks..
When she saw what she had done..
She gave her Farm3 forty-one!!..."

WOOT!!

Hmmm...seems I've heard that tune somewhere else...hmmm

SueW170
Jul 02 2010, 01:08 PM
Tried the new Ax feature on a few pines late last night. The stumps now indicate 95% grown, but show no evidence of growth. Perhaps they'll just spring back full grown.
I was thinking that they would grow like flowers of crops -- gradually. And hoping perhaps we could freeze growth at various heights which would give us the variety of height pines that would be useful in creating our layouts. .... Apparently not, but that's okay. I'm happy with being able to harvest them and then have them regrow.

Tiger
Jul 02 2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks very much Raul and developers. Love the new improved speedy storage and production updates. My index finger is particularly relieved LOL!! :) Looking froward to seeing what we can use the tea in, if anything, and waiting in anticipation for the new wood facitlity(s) and levels.
Love from another self confessed Farm Town addict x

rcangel1983
Jul 02 2010, 01:24 PM
Tried the new Ax feature on a few pines late last night. The stumps now indicate 95% grown, but show no evidence of growth. Perhaps they'll just spring back full grown.
I was thinking that they would grow like flowers of crops -- gradually. And hoping perhaps we could freeze growth at various heights which would give us the variety of height pines that would be useful in creating our layouts. .... Apparently not, but that's okay. I'm happy with being able to harvest them and then have them regrow.

They do stay stumps until they are ready, once ready they are full grown trees again.

Nadine1
Jul 02 2010, 01:29 PM

You can always do what I did. I planted 4 different crops, each one of them one day, Two day, Three day and then Four day, When one of the crops became ripe I would plant a 4 day crop on it. That way I was harvesting a 4 day crop every day with no wait. :)

Touch_Stone2002
Jul 02 2010, 01:32 PM
I love the new ground we can choose. I would like to see a lighter brown though, because the tone that has been used looks near black on my monitor. I see there is more grounds to come out yet, could this be considered please! Like I said in my previous post, you guys rock!

Id loveeeeeee to see some sand! Hope that is in the works too.

Touch_Stone2002
Jul 02 2010, 01:36 PM
They do stay stumps until they are ready, once ready they are full grown trees again.

I cant even imagine the work it would take to make them appear like they were growing! Id rather see more new stuff....like saaaaand! lol

PhilGrocholl
Jul 02 2010, 01:47 PM
I just wanted to comment that I LOVE the new tall, and taller grasses! They make the farms look so much more natural and peaceful. And they accentuate the aesthetics of the buildings, especially the Winery, and Wine Cellar. And for 100 coins, that is just perfect.

WilliamV
Jul 02 2010, 01:53 PM
You Guys are incredible. Really great job.

Saylorgirl
Jul 02 2010, 02:01 PM

I cut mine down last night and I noticed a couple of hours ago they had re-appeared! No growth just stump to tree!

roxy1958
Jul 02 2010, 02:05 PM
great updates,can't wait till tomorrow!

TheJestfulPoet
Jul 02 2010, 02:08 PM
I cant even imagine the work it would take to make them appear like they were growing! Id rather see more new stuff....like saaaaand! lol

I agree ... I love all the new changes. Especially the ability to change the ground. However, I was hoping when that became an option it would have been a tile ... like the stone path.

You could have grass, dirt, sand, asphalt, even concrete slab to resemble sidewalks. This would allow you to be a bit more creative.

However, I do wish to say that the developers are doing an amazing job! I for one appreciate all their hard work which is why I have no problem buying farm cash. Of course I try to get as much free farm cash as I can but I also think the devs deserve a little something, something for all their efforts.

Enigma66
Jul 02 2010, 02:14 PM
I agree ... I love all the new changes. Especially the ability to change the ground. However, I was hoping when that became an option it would have been a tile ... like the stone path.

You could have grass, dirt, sand, asphalt, even concrete slab to resemble sidewalks. This would allow you to be a bit more creative.

However, I do wish to say that the developers are doing an amazing job! I for one appreciate all their hard work which is why I have no problem buying farm cash. Of course I try to get as much free farm cash as I can but I also think the devs deserve a little something, something for all their efforts.

They have said new paths are coming today, maybe these things you are asking for will be included. We'll all have to wait and see

ybj
Jul 02 2010, 02:25 PM
Loooooove the 10 + production feature.....Thanks......I can now leave the rubber room. Production is Fast! Wooooo! Hooooo!

gtosga
Jul 02 2010, 02:33 PM
I really do love the new ground covers. I see the point of others so it would be nice to have both options complete ground cover and then smaller plot sized ones for accenting different areas with say taller grass and dark ground.

ajones7252
Jul 02 2010, 02:37 PM
I would like to see the dark ground cover be like a square that can be put together and flowers or shrubs planted on top to look like a flower bed.

Wayne's_Angel38
Jul 02 2010, 02:40 PM
It is Already Friday So What time are the new things being added today that you said would be added today. I have been waiting all night & Day for these new releases and i am wanting to see what they are hurry up and add them please

Big Honking Toe
Jul 02 2010, 02:42 PM
Wow I got enough gas cans to get 167k fuel and I still got 12k I have not used from the 50k I got last time.

Derbyshire Dancer
Jul 02 2010, 02:49 PM
It is Already Friday So What time are the new things being added today that you said would be added today. I have been waiting all night & Day for these new releases and i am wanting to see what they are hurry up and add them please

It may be well into Friday where we are, but may only JUST be Friday in USA !!!! I'm as anxious as you are .... I'm PRAYING for a cafe or Coffee/Tea shop ... and can't wait to get the extra levels !!

btw... its nearly 9pm here in England ... another 3 hrs and it will be Saturday !! lol :)

BRILLIANT WORK xx THANK YOU to all Devs and Raul x

TheJestfulPoet
Jul 02 2010, 02:58 PM
It may be well into Friday where we are, but may only JUST be Friday in USA !!!! I'm as anxious as you are .... I'm PRAYING for a cafe or Coffee/Tea shop ... and can't wait to get the extra levels !!

btw... its nearly 9pm here in England ... another 3 hrs and it will be Saturday !! lol :)

BRILLIANT WORK xx THANK YOU to all Devs and Raul x

It's 4pm here on the east coast of the States.

wheels394
Jul 02 2010, 03:06 PM
Which coast is it the devs are on? I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting here in Massachusetts.