PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- August 17th, 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Raul
Aug 17 2010, 06:09 PM
[There are new updates and fixes for this release, see below]

Hey There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features:

1. 15 new levels: About 50 new items in the Decoration and Buildings categories, all in coins.

2. Keep selected tool when changing farms: For most tools now, when you are using them and you change farms, the same tool will remain active, this will often save you having to move the tools between farms.

3. Sorting in store: There is a new sorting icon on the store window (Top Right) that will allow you to sort the items by Level, Name, Cost and Harvest Time.

4. New facility views: The Juice Factory, Sandwich Restaurant and Oil Factory now have non-cartonish views as well. As usual, you can use the 'Switch View' menu item on them to try the alternative view.

5. Flower Harvester Tool (FC): Allows you to harvest up to 32 flowers at a time, it works very similar to the treeshaker tool.

6. Big Bulldozer Tool (Coins): Allows you to delete 4 harvested or gone to waste fields at a time.

7. Manure Spreader (FC): Allows you to fertilize your farms. All fertilized crops (not trees) will produce 2 boxes instead of 1 when harvested. The main idea is that you use the manure from your pigs as an organic fertilizer for your farms to produce more crops.

-Manure Collection Process:
You need to have a Pigsty (now on the facility section on the Store) to collect the manure from your pigs. The collection process works the same as if you were harvesting animals, the difference is that in this case, the manure from the pigs is stored in your Manure Spreader tool. Each Pig produce 1 Manure Unit every 12 hours.

-Fertilization Process:
You need 50 manure units to fertilize a farm. To fertilize a farm, click on the Manure Spreader tool and select 'Fertilize Farm'. Once a farm is fertilized it will remain fertilized for the next 3 days.

All crops still growing (not ready to harvest) will be fertilized. All new crops planted while the farm is still fertilized will be fertilized also.

Once a crop is fertilized, it will produce 2 boxes instead of 1 when harvested, whether the farm is fertilized or not at the time of harvesting. If you hire others to harvest, you will get 2 Large boxes instead of one. Employees will get twice the amount of coins, and 2 boxes as well every time they receive an additional bonus box when harvesting.

-Additional Notes:
When you buy the Manure Spreader tool, it will come with 250 manure units inside for you to start fertilizing right away!

You can move the Manure Spreader to other farms and it will not lose the manure inside

To check how much time of fertilization is left on a farm or how much manure you have stored just hover the mouse over the Manure Spreader. Notice that each farm is fertilized separately so the fertilization intervals will most likely be different for each farm, however, your manure storage is the actual Manure Spreader, so you can collect manure on all farms but it all gets stored on the same Manure Spreader.

All fertilized crops will have a highlight around them, if you don't like that effect or how that looks, we will add an option soon on the Options window, so you can disable it

Updates and Fixes for this release:

- When a user is hired to plow, the red/green cursor is not shown anymore, a regular yellow squared highlight around the harvested/wasted field is shown instead. Soon we will do something similar for the users working on their own farms.

- The intensity of the highlight shown on the fertilized crops has been reduced a bit. If it's still too much for your eyes, you now have the option of remove it completely on the 'Options' window by clicking the tool icon on the top right, and un-checking the 'Highlight Fertilized Crops' option.

- The unlocked level numbers are now shown correctly on the store for items on levels > 100

- The 'Keep Active Tool' functionality now only works when you change between your own farms. So if you are working for others and go back to your farm, your tool goes back to the walking tool (Green Walking Man)

Still pending:

When you hire others and your crops are fertilized, sometime the flash interface is not updated appropiately with the right amout of boxes, your are not losing them, if you refresh they will be there, but the game is not getting updated accurately 100%, we are still researching this.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

*Farmer Brad*
Aug 17 2010, 06:11 PM
LOVE it - thank you!

Farmer Rita
Aug 17 2010, 06:12 PM
Thank you, I am on my way to buy the manure spreader. Thank you so much. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!

*Farmer Brad*
Aug 17 2010, 06:13 PM
And the fact that all the new items from buildings and decorations are in coins is a very nice touch!

HelenL
Aug 17 2010, 06:14 PM
AWESOME!!!! Love all these new features. Thank you so much Raul and all the Dev team. Now off to get the manure spreader to start with.

Djecurb
Sweet update Raul, thanks to you and the Dev's for keeping it interesting!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Molly Mew
Many thanks, Raul. :)

Steel Hip
Aug 17 2010, 06:15 PM
Thanks peoples, Time to fertilize me some wheat :-)

servocrow
Aug 17 2010, 06:15 PM
Very nice!!! AND SO MUCH LOVE the alternate views...

THANKS!!!

crafty chris
Aug 17 2010, 06:16 PM
thanks all :)

tarawa
Aug 17 2010, 06:16 PM
Yet again they surprise us with awesomeness:D.Great job and kudos to the devs.If there was any doubt that they listen to us,the players,it should be clear now that in fact they do.

charlies4ng3ls
Aug 17 2010, 06:17 PM
Once again you have exceeded expectations.... now where's my coffee cup - I did a final refresh before bed and there it was ... thank you guys - you rock *\o/* *\o/**\o/**\o/**\o/**\o/*

Alifarmer
Aug 17 2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks a lot i love the flower thingy!:D

GrannyParker
Hey There,

1. 15 new levels: About 50 new items in the Decoration and Buildings categories, all in coins.

2. Keep selected tool when changing farms: For most tools now, when you are using them and you change farms, the same tool will remain active, this will often save you having to move the tools between farms.

3. Sorting in store: There is a new sorting icon on the store window (Top Right) that will allow you to sort the items by Level, Name, Cost and Harvest Time.

4. New facility views: The Juice Factory, Sandwich Restaurant and Oil Factory now have non-cartonish views as well. As usual, you can use the 'Switch View' menu item on them to try the alternative view.

5. Flower Harvester Tool (FC): Allows you to harvest up to 64 flowers at a time, it works very similar to the treeshaker tool.

6. Big Bulldozer Tool (Coins): Allows you to delete 4 harvested or gone to waste fields at a time.

7. Manure Spreader (FC): Allows you to fertilize your farms. All fertilized crops (not trees) will produce 2 boxes instead of 1 when harvested. The main idea is that you use the manure from your pigs as an organic fertilizer for your farms to produce more crops.

You need to have a Pigsty (now on the facility section on the Store) to collect the manure from your pigs. The collection process works the same as if you were harvesting animals, the difference is that in this case, the manure from the pigs is stored in your Manure Spreader tool. Each Pig produce 1 Manure Unit every 12 hours.

-Fertilization Process:
You need 50 manure units to fertilize a farm. To fertilize a farm, click on the Manure Spreader tool and select 'Fertilize Farm'. Once a farm is fertilized it will remain fertilized for the next 3 days.

All crops still growing (not ready to harvest) will be fertilized. All new crops planted while the farm is still fertilized will be fertilized also.

Once a crop is fertilized, it will produce 2 boxes instead of 1 when harvested, whether the farm is fertilized or not at the time of harvesting. If you hire others to harvest, you will get 2 Large boxes instead of one. Employees will get twice the amount of coins, and 2 boxes as well every time they receive an additional bonus box when harvesting.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
Wonderful Raul!!!! Thank you for all of the newness!!!! Makes me want to get up and go to work all day Guess that is the point, LOL

J. Wright
Now I have to update my street track with the new buildings and decorations. lol I cant wait to get 50 farm bucks so I can buy the new fertilizer, have a great time playing and a great day, and thank you devs.

My 1st farm is an oval track my 3rd farm is the street course, and my 4th farm is a drag strip race way.

bellasfarms
Aug 17 2010, 06:19 PM
Awesome, thanks bunches.

Eadie
Aug 17 2010, 06:19 PM
1. Love It!
2. Love It!
3. Love It!
4. Love It!
5. Love It!
6. Love It!
7. Love It!

Thank You!!

Irish355
Aug 17 2010, 06:22 PM
I love all the new tools and have purchased the speader, flower harvester and large bulldozer. I absolutely love all the new additions...you Devs are simply the best!!!!

Tipka
Aug 17 2010, 06:23 PM
Oh, I'm so happy to have my flower harvester, not to mention all my fields are fertilized, double harvest will be such a reward (maybe now I can wait some time for sixth farm :D).
If I only knew about it few hours ago, I had all flowers harvested by nice farmers.

What you do with this game is simply awsome!!! Love you guys and more :)))

samsmum
Aug 17 2010, 06:24 PM
woohoo! Thx Raul you just made my day
I am so glad I decided to save my FC until this upgrade came out...off to exchange all my gifts to pigs lol :)

Tipka
Aug 17 2010, 06:24 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I only have one pig in my sty yet I've got enough fertilizer for all my farms :)))

Betty_Jo_Brown
Aug 17 2010, 06:25 PM
Love it! So excited to go check out all the new stuff! Thanks devs.!! U rock!

Miz Lisa
Aug 17 2010, 06:28 PM
EEK! Cannot WAIT to go see the new views for the sandwich shop and the oil factory!!!!!

dorissau
oh wow, oh wow and I leave for vacation tomorrow... NO FAIR!!

caba
Fantastic but can I have some air freshener because my pigs are now smelly!! :p

Lynjoe
Aug 17 2010, 06:29 PM
I believe this is one of the best upgrades yet!!!! It was worth the wait.

Ginasue1
Aug 17 2010, 06:31 PM
As always the team has listened to the players. BUT WHERE IS THE CHAINSAW

AdriaK
Aug 17 2010, 06:34 PM
Love the update!! LOVE IT !! But um.. the bulldozer is not working for me :'(

swd
Aug 17 2010, 06:34 PM
Wonderful release, thank you Raul

FatGoat
Aug 17 2010, 06:38 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I only have one pig in my sty yet I've got enough fertilizer for all my farms :)))

If you buy this spreader, you will have 250 units in the spreader, ready to fertilize for 5 farms. I am so smelly now. :D

dmog
Aug 17 2010, 06:40 PM
So, when you gonna lose the 'Father's Day' section in the store and move onto Halloween?? I'm dying to get decorating so I can enjoy it before it's too weird to do that. :p

JAS0643
Aug 17 2010, 06:42 PM
I love the new stuff. I can't wait to use the new tools

roarkitty
Aug 17 2010, 06:43 PM
OMG! I LOVE the new stuff! Thank you thank you thank you!

Hornyroo
Aug 17 2010, 06:43 PM
best update yet!!!

Alisonkls
Aug 17 2010, 06:45 PM
Ahh I knew there was something good in the offing! Great update!

Pigs please if you're a neighbour :D

DirtDoc
Aug 17 2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the Big Bulldozer! Will you marry me?

Tipka
Aug 17 2010, 06:47 PM
So, when you gonna lose the 'Father's Day' section in the store and move onto Halloween?? I'm dying to get decorating so I can enjoy it before it's too weird to do that. :p

Please if you change that, move sports decorations under decorations tab, don't discard it. I just bought some last week and am planning on use more.

Ginasue1
Aug 17 2010, 06:51 PM
I like my early birthday present from the Dev's. One happy lady here. Get to open all her present a week early.

alemap
Aug 17 2010, 06:55 PM

Farmer Homer
Aug 17 2010, 06:57 PM
Big bulldozer! Love it. Manure! I have to get me some more pigs! Thank you

Mrs Borgies
Aug 17 2010, 06:58 PM
Wow.... this release has just blown me away, but then that does not surprise me...you guys rock!!! :D

I love number 2!!! I am always worried that I will by accident click on sell when I go to move my tree shaker & fishing boat to another farm. Thank you!

Regina_Phelangie
Aug 17 2010, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the updates, they are great. :):):):) I do love the new decorations and building, have bought some already. The sorting is very handy.

I am disappointed that the only way to double my crops with the new manure spreader is by spending real money. 50 FC is alot to save up.

I was hoping there would be an update for the flower shop too. There are so many different types of flowers and flowers from the trees but we can only use five of these and the sunflower...what about the rest? Hopefully there will be more use for our flowers in the near future.

LucyCuba
Aug 17 2010, 06:59 PM
Love love love it!!!! Now I don't have to hide my sandwich factory! I do have a question though... Some items say 'locked' but don't say at which level they will be available. Is there a way to find out when we can buy them? Thanks again!!! Great job!!!

neva0bsolete
Aug 17 2010, 07:02 PM
Like all the updates, but I was really hoping for a Tree Chopper... Axing down one tree at a time takes way too long... Can you tell me if something like this is comming soon??? I'd trade the flower harvester for it..

clogger
Aug 17 2010, 07:18 PM
Do you folks ever sleep or take a day off from developing FT! (rhetorical question) :)

I was so shocked when I signed on and saw the higher level! The other new releases sound great. I gotta go look at them now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.!!

Tipka
Aug 17 2010, 07:21 PM
Wow.... this release has just blown me away, but then that does not surprise me...you guys rock!!! :D

I love number 2!!! I am always worried that I will by accident click on sell when I go to move my tree shaker & fishing boat to another farm. Thank you!

I searched everywhere, but there is no new fishing icon in toolbox. It looks like only tree harvester and flower harvester can stay on one farm and fish boat still has to be moved, the same as fertilizer and buldozer. Correct me if I'm wrong, I would be glad.

Jennie C.
Aug 17 2010, 07:21 PM
The manure spreader will help sooooo much with the constant flour shortage. THANK YOU

Angel7
Aug 17 2010, 07:22 PM
Do we have to buy a manure spreader for every farm ?
Is there an indicator that tells us we fertilized and when it runs out (or will we have to keep track of this in Farm Town hours)? I could see this getting really confusing and disappointing if we thought something was fertilized but the fertilizer expired 10 minutes before we harvest.

Just want this answered before spending any more farm cash.....I was SO disappointed with the semi-truck and bee farm that I want to know exactly how this works before spending any more.

But it DOES look really really cool - thanks Farm Town.....

tree101457
Aug 17 2010, 07:25 PM
Love it love it love it thanks

ginnylee_26
Aug 17 2010, 07:31 PM
Is there an indicator that tells us we fertilized and when it runs out (or will we have to keep track of this in Farm Town hours)? I could see this getting really confusing and disappointing if we thought something was fertilized but the fertilizer expired 10 minutes before we harvest.

Just want this answered before spending any more farm cash.....I was SO disappointed with the semi-truck and bee farm that I want to know exactly how this works before spending any more.

The same thing ran through my mind, do we need to have a manure spreader at each farm? If not, how would that work? In fact, which machines don't have to be moved and which ones do? Is the manure spreader like the boat where u have to move it from farm to farm, & if that is the case do we lose any manure going from farm to farm?
BTW, devs you absolutely do the greatest of jobs with FT, I appaude you!! Like all the rest, this update is super and everything it offers!!

SallyL
Aug 17 2010, 07:32 PM
:DThank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D I LOVE the manure spreader. Thank you for filling it.:D

Love the new levels, new decorations, and new tools. This continues to be the best game on facebook.

Juwalalce
Aug 17 2010, 07:33 PM

I have the same question, what if it's a four day crop? And do harvesters get double the crop when you hire them? How will we know when we need to fertilize again?

Mrs Borgies
Aug 17 2010, 07:35 PM
I searched everywhere, but there is no new fishing icon in toolbox. It looks like only tree harvester and flower harvester can stay on one farm and fish boat still has to be moved, the same as fertilizer and buldozer. Correct me if I'm wrong, I would be glad.

I tested the fishing boat and I still was able to fish on another farm because the fishing option stays as long as you don't click on anything else prior to leaving the farm that the boat is on.
I am disappointed though that the fertiliser option didn't stay when moving to another farm. I had to click move on the fertiliser truck then the farm I wanted to fertilise. Once on the farm, I had to then click on the green 'walk' icon before it would allow me to click on the 'image' of the truck to allow me to choose fertilise. I don't have the bulldozer at this point in time.

Still though, it is a fantastic move in the right direction for those that are wanting these tools.

Phanny
Aug 17 2010, 07:39 PM
I have just moved my flash new fertiliser around from Farm to Farm and the initial manure stays with it.
Also, fertilised crops now have a wee 'F' next to them when you mouse over the square. EXCELLENT!
Outstanding work guys- thank you.

Now, for some more pigs...

Mrs Borgies
Aug 17 2010, 07:42 PM
I have just moved my flash new fertiliser around from Farm to Farm and the initial manure stays with it.
Also, fertilised crops now have a wee 'F' next to them when you mouse over the square. EXCELLENT!
Outstanding work guys- thank you.

Now, for some more pigs...

That is excellent Phanny! :)
I just cleaned my Flash up using the flash manager so hopefully next time it will be successful for me. :D

Phanny
Aug 17 2010, 07:42 PM
Oh and I should have said - the crops squares have a little white glow around them when fertilised, so it will be clear when going to harvest whether they are or not. So clever.

Phanny
Aug 17 2010, 07:45 PM
That is excellent Phanny! :)
I just cleaned my Flash up using the flash manager so hopefully next time it will be successful for me. :D

Ooh sorry Mrs- I should also have said that I did have to move the spreader into storage to get it to move. Hope I didn't put you wrong there.:o

c.abell
Aug 17 2010, 07:47 PM
You FT folks are the greatest. With the new fertilizer, it's like giving us 5 more farms without any extra work (except to fertilize once every 3 days). Awesome!!! You all rock!

Mrs Borgies
Aug 17 2010, 07:48 PM
Ooh sorry Mrs- I should also have said that I did have to move the spreader into storage to get it to move. Hope I didn't put you wrong there.:o

Ah...ok. It is all a learning process when these updates come out!:D

Liza Jane 2
Aug 17 2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks for more coin payment items, for improving fishing experience, for more architecturally interesting buildings and facilities. I was going to suggest an arrangement for the store since the decoration section had become unwieldy, but you've already done it - Thank you very much. Darlin Liza Jane

MelKnee
Aug 17 2010, 07:56 PM
I love the update! Thank you! :)

One small nitpick, however. The fertilized farms don't work for me aesthetically. Do they have to glow? Could there be an option to turn that off?

NekkidFish
Aug 17 2010, 07:58 PM
Fantastic updates!!!!!!!!

Great big HUGz!! Jules

kona_wahine
Yeah for the flower picker!!!!!!
Yeah for the manure spreader!!!!!
Yeah for FT!!!!!!

iots028
Yikes! Be careful what you ask for. I'm back in OCD mode in Farmtown. Thanks so much. You came out with some things I was thinking about, and didn't even have to ask for.

VeronicaT
Aug 17 2010, 08:01 PM
I am in love with the game! I don't yet have the FC to buy the Manure Spreader but I am going to purchase more because it is well worth the cost. To be able to double my crops without using a bit more space..... soooo worth it! I had been planning to buy FC again but hadn't gotten to it but now my school work shall be neglected a little longer! hahaha Oh well! Wish the facility animals were available to buy but I've been getting plenty as gifts so I won't complain. Can't wait for more levels to come out!

cindya
Aug 17 2010, 08:06 PM
got a ??? with this manure thing do you need one for each farm???? or does 1 do all farms?? and if so how would that work??

Double T Dude Ranch
Aug 17 2010, 08:07 PM
got a ??? with this manure thing do you need one for each farm???? or does 1 do all farms?? and if so how would that work??

You can move it to each farm. Click the fertilizer spreader, click move, and click the diamond of the farm. It may appear to not highlight, so click the harvest tool and then the green man *walking symbol* and then you will be able to click the spreader. I just moved mine to all my farms to fertilize. Love it!

VeronicaT
Aug 17 2010, 08:09 PM

I would assume (& hope to hell) that we do not need one for each farm. I am guessing that if we need only one to be used on all the farms we have that we'd put it in storage and find a spot to set it down on each farm. Or maybe it'll ask which farm? I'll go find out and post again!

Eadie
Aug 17 2010, 08:09 PM
ummm! Am I missing something?? Do the Big Bulldozers show up in your storage?? I've got 16 Big Bulldozers sitting in amongst my harvest, is this supposed to happen?? Sorry!

VeronicaT
Aug 17 2010, 08:14 PM
I would assume (& hope to hell) that we do not need one for each farm. I am guessing that if we need only one to be used on all the farms we have that we'd put it in storage and find a spot to set it down on each farm. Or maybe it'll ask which farm? I'll go find out and post again!

Okay *update*!!! I bought it and it looks like you CAN have one for each farm but given how much it costs it's more effective to just put it in storage and move it from farm to farm. It'd be nice if it asked which farm to fertilize but I don't mind putting in storage. I'm just excited to start planting!

Bratuski
Aug 17 2010, 08:19 PM
Alright....... Thank You for more levels....and all the other stuff :D

SirLordSnoopy
Aug 17 2010, 08:19 PM
This Is Awesome Ty but is the included tools the tree shaker or do we still have to move it between farms?

VeronicaT
Aug 17 2010, 08:20 PM
You can move it to each farm. Click the fertilizer spreader, click move, and click the diamond of the farm. It may appear to not highlight, so click the harvest tool and then the green man *walking symbol* and then you will be able to click the spreader. I just moved mine to all my farms to fertilize. Love it!

Is this how you move the fishing boat as well? If so, boy do I feel a bit dee ta dee but then again no one really said you had to click the diamond that represents the farm you want to move the item to. lol

Phanny
Aug 17 2010, 08:23 PM

Thank you Thank you Thank you - I had no idea it was that easy:o

debvgl
Aug 17 2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful new additions! There is a problem with my juice facility though. I switch views and when I go back to the farm the facility has reverted back to its original view.

OverTheRainbow
Aug 17 2010, 08:29 PM
This is wonderful!!! I love the new changes---off to the store now !!!!!!!

debvgl
Aug 17 2010, 08:33 PM
I fixed the problem by hitting the save button after switching the view.

Mrs Borgies
Aug 17 2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful new additions! There is a problem with my juice facility though. I switch views and when I go back to the farm the facility has reverted back to its original view.

I had that problem with my preserving facility. What I ended up doing is rotate it from the original position after I placed the new view on the farm then reload the page. I found it stayed put and then able to rotate it back the way I wanted it and it never reverted back. If this does not work, clean your cache and see if that helps, although it didn't help me as I tried that first.

Mrs Borgies
Aug 17 2010, 08:37 PM
I fixed the problem by hitting the save button after switching the view.

It is funny how these things work for some and not others...saving wouldn't help me but then we have had an update since then. :)

Wilde Lily
Aug 17 2010, 08:46 PM
Love it! Thanks Devs!! The maure spreader is my first prchase, then the new houses....but, er...I could use Farm 6 for the new stuff. :)

Texas Matt
Aug 17 2010, 08:47 PM
awesome upgrade . im gonna be up to my neck in pig **** ! ! ! ! lol hope there is a spirits distillery on the horizon, hint hint :D possibly dried fruit in preserve like raison ,apricot,prune,apple etc... keep the great work up . :)

meinhardt76
Aug 17 2010, 08:52 PM
Thank you for the new updates just wish I could buy the fertilizer thank you for all your doing to making this game fun.

Farmer_Susan
Aug 17 2010, 08:53 PM
Now I have to update my street track with the new buildings and decorations. lol I cant wait to get 50 farm bucks so I can buy the new fertilizer, have a great time playing and a great day, and thank you devs.

My 1st farm is an oval track my 3rd farm is the street course, and my 4th farm is a drag strip race way.

I just went to visit your farms. They're AWESOME! I'm going to snitch some ideas. Thanks for posting your link. : )

paulcr
Aug 17 2010, 08:55 PM
LOVE the Manure Spreader!!!! Especiall since when you purchase it come already with manure!

Will you also be adding chicken and cow manure collection? These are natural ferterizers on most natural farming communities.

sandra.l.huffman
Aug 17 2010, 09:00 PM
o

ooooooooooooooh What a GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TY!!!!

Farmer_Susan
Aug 17 2010, 09:01 PM

I have a related question . . . does the manure spreader have to be on a farm that also has a pig sty? Right now, pig sty is on Farm #1, manure spreader on Farm #3. Is that gonna work?

sandra.l.huffman
Aug 17 2010, 09:02 PM
Here little Piggy! always love the 3 Pigs!!!!

scouterdave
Aug 17 2010, 09:02 PM
just need the ice cream,sugar refinery, dairy factory and confectionary to become like the other facilites

Farmer_Susan
Aug 17 2010, 09:03 PM
Ha! I just had a funny thought . . . you know how we can gift cow milk and hen eggs and stuff like that so we don't have to stock up on animals? Pretty soon, we're gonna be gifting MANURE! GROSS! Can you imagine the picture??? Naw . . . don't go there! LOL

GREAT additions, devs. Thanks! Love my manure spreader. :)

Texas Belle
Aug 17 2010, 09:05 PM
AWESOME!!!! Love all these new features. Thank you so much Raul and all the Dev team. Now off to get the manure spreader to start with.

Thank you, thank you...you mean now i don't have to drag that poor fishing boat from one farm to the other? Great

Going right now to change the look of the facilities... how about the ice cream facility, that is an eye sore, lol

Going to have to buy some pigs, got rid of mine when they came up with those silly christmas hats, lol

Thanks Raul and company, you are the greatest

Celina

PS How about my mamey ice cream?

Tyler45
Aug 17 2010, 09:06 PM
Cool! Just planted some crops today! It has been awhile.

Sweete_
Aug 17 2010, 09:11 PM
All the new stuff is great!,,,,,But what happened to being able to hire twice for plowing and getting rid of the box???

GiGi34
Aug 17 2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the update!
I love that we can sort our storage now! The little things :)

smilie224
Aug 17 2010, 09:13 PM
This sounds great! Thank you guys for doing such a wonderful job with this game! It's come such a long way, and great improvements all the time :)

Mrs Borgies
Aug 17 2010, 09:17 PM
I have a related question . . . does the manure spreader have to be on a farm that also has a pig sty? Right now, pig sty is on Farm #1, manure spreader on Farm #3. Is that gonna work?

You don't need to have the spreader on the same farm as the pigs sty :)

Randall_Lind
Aug 17 2010, 09:17 PM
I was hopping we could have at least hire people to chop trees down. I hope that is in the works for the next update or a log harvest tool that does 32 trees.

Taz D
Aug 17 2010, 09:20 PM
Love the update!! Great work devs!!
Only have a couple dissappointments. Should have been 50 new levels instead of 15. For the time in between updates it was too few and most who were already at 100 had accumlilated enough experience that we all jumped to 115 immediately.
The second was no fix for the chopping trees :( I dread having to do this every 12 hours.

Other than that this it is a great update. I don't understand why Farmtown isn't number 1!!

scarletdolphn
Aug 17 2010, 09:20 PM
i hate to be a downer, i love the changes, makes things exciting, but i really hate having to move items between farms, cuz then i have to take spaces away from my fields so i have room to put it down to use it on each farm, isn't there an easier way of doing this?

Trixye Sue
Aug 17 2010, 09:24 PM
The fertilzer will not move from farm to farm... darn... :(

Trixye Sue
Aug 17 2010, 09:27 PM
But I forgot to add.. I LOVE THE NEW UPDATES!!! YEAH! Wish there were more levels. If I can get my fertilizer to work I would be one happy farmer. Yes, I told it to move to the farm I wanted to fertilize and it do but it froze the farm and would not work... boo-hoo :(

zipprich
Aug 17 2010, 09:31 PM
thanks for the new levels and stuff keep up the great job

WingmanFarm
Aug 17 2010, 09:33 PM
I got the sty and the spreader.

So a question.

There is no pop up icon (like the harvesters show) so you have to move the spreader from farm to farm to fertilize more than one farm.

My question is

1..Am I to assume it must be ON A FARM to collect the manure (and not in storage)?

Second if it is collecting manure will I lose that collected manure when I put it in storage to move it to another farm.

I wish there was an pop up icon like the harvester, plower and seeder so I could just leave it on one farm.

Docperk
Aug 17 2010, 09:36 PM
First off let me say thanks for the updates, new levels etc. I wish the level were basically unlimited. Seems like the last few level increases My wife and I are already maxed out at the new level so we have to wait for new levels. I don't even work anyone else farm anymore just working my facilites and hireing my fields done keep me earning plenty of XP.

One thing that I hope is just a bug with this update and not intentional is the Red Square for plowing, you use to be able to get it to go away (which a lot of people prefer) by rehiring them again. Tonight I have noticed that no longer works. I tried rehiring my neighbor 5 times and it never went away. So I hope this can be fixed quickly and easily.

Thanks
Doc

Angel7
Aug 17 2010, 09:37 PM
OK - you guys convinced me to spend the farm cash. LOVE the manure spreader and it wasn't bad at all moving in and out of storage - but could do without the glowing crops - I do hope this is just something temporary that the developers need to be sure this thing is working right cuz it makes the crops really look funny. I'm all fertilized now at least for the next 3 days!

P.S. Absolutely beautiful what you did with the new "switch view" on the next set of facilities, sandwich factory is a work of art compared to what it was. Can't wait to see the final ones (confectionary, ice cream, chocolate, dairy & sugar).

Thanks Farm Town - you guys are great !!!!!

kona_wahine
Aug 17 2010, 09:39 PM
Just used the flower picker (which I'll add I've been begging for for weeks :D) and it is the most AWESOME thing EVER!!! I think it even beats the boat and tree shaker!!!

sherdi the sower
Aug 17 2010, 09:41 PM
I love the new views, the new equipment and almost everything about Farm Town. However... please make the turkeys, hens, pigs and other animals that are needed available for us to buy. We have millions to spend, but depending on neighbors to send enough gifts to exchange (which I REALLY love) is discouraging! Help, please?

dansd111
Aug 17 2010, 09:52 PM
The fertilzer will not move from farm to farm... darn... :(

Trixye. I don't think you read all of this thread. You can move it. Click on the fertilizer and when the menu pops up, choose move. Next, click the green triangle of the farm you want it on. Both you and the fertilizer will go to the farm you choose. Don't worry if you have trees or crops, etc. The fertilizer will show up. Before you do anything, click the green walking man icon and then fertilize as normal.

Farmer_Susan
Aug 17 2010, 09:55 PM
You don't need to have the spreader on the same farm as the pigs sty :)

Thanks Mrs Borgies. : )

And a real life farmer and landscape painter! Sounds wonderful.

Farmer_Susan
Aug 17 2010, 09:58 PM
Just used the flower picker (which I'll add I've been begging for for weeks :D) and it is the most AWESOME thing EVER!!! I think it even beats the boat and tree shaker!!!

It IS cool although I'm a huge fan of the fishing boat. How about a multi-tree-chopper-downer? That'd be awesome.

Randall_Lind
Aug 17 2010, 10:05 PM
I think all the building should have switch views I really love the new look of the buildings

Ginasue1
Aug 17 2010, 10:08 PM
They are wonderful. Need all of them in that way, cause now the others look out of place.

Carb
Aug 17 2010, 10:08 PM
Oh please, have an 'Options' to Disable the highlighted fertilized crops. It's annoying, the crops look ugly, and hurts the eyes.

Quoted:(All fertilized crops will have a highlight around them, if you don't like that effect or how that looks, we will add an option soon on the Options window, so you can disable it)

diannevt
Aug 17 2010, 10:11 PM
Woot!!!!!! :)

Krissysweet
Aug 17 2010, 10:14 PM
I wish that the Manure Spreader wasn't so much in farm cash...i think they should keep everything it the low twenty's because its so hard to get farm cash.

Ginasue1
Aug 17 2010, 10:19 PM
Oh please, have an 'Options' to Disable the highlighted fertilized crops. It's annoying, the crops look ugly, and hurts the eyes.

Quoted:(All fertilized crops will have a highlight around them, if you don't like that effect or how that looks, we will add an option soon on the Options window, so you can disable it)

oh, yes please. My bunny's walk around, highlighting the plots

lalewoman1
Aug 17 2010, 10:22 PM
please give us the option of hiring twice to plow and the red square goes away like before! if u see my farms u will see i farm town and if u do this it will be back to normal !thanks Brenda

1fritz
Aug 17 2010, 10:23 PM
Amazing! You people are the best. Thanks for the upgrades.:D

lalewoman1
Aug 17 2010, 10:25 PM
let us hire twice and get NO RED SQUARE to plow on the second hire;;;; like before.... i am posting this twice so u will see it!thanks Brenda

halogirl
Aug 17 2010, 10:41 PM
I was so excited when I logged in and found I had gone from level 100 to 115, and had more FC! Wow, finally using my pigs!! I was thrilled since I already have two pigstys and several pigs. Then crash, 50 FC, are you kidding? I got 15 and am at the highest level. How am I supposed to get 50 FC when I can't spend real money? Love the upgrades, but am disappointed that my pigs, and pigstys will still be of no use. Still have bunches of facilities I would love to buy, but they also are FC. On to a brighter note, I love farmtown and will play anyway, cause I think the pigs are really cute! Thanks for the other really great changes.

DLeach
Aug 17 2010, 10:41 PM
I am so happy, double the crops without double the farm size. Brilliant compromise between wanting more harvest space and server constraints.

Good Job developers!!!

PennyLewis
Aug 17 2010, 10:42 PM
oh, yes please. My bunny's walk around, highlighting the plots

Yay! I love the upgrades, but am delighted to hear we can soon do away with the yellow pine pollen look on our farms. It's really hard on the eyes. But many thanks for the fun new toys.

mhiam
Aug 17 2010, 10:47 PM
How do i move the manure spreader from farm to farm?

mhiam
Aug 17 2010, 10:49 PM
How do i move the manure spreader from farm to farm ?

shirl the pearl
Aug 17 2010, 10:57 PM
What a lovely surprise today when i logged on farm town
I got 12 more levels and enough farm cash to raise mine to buy the furniture factory! wow!!!
Thanks so much Dev's. You're awesome!
I love this

BrittanysMom05
Aug 17 2010, 11:09 PM
Love the new changes/levels BUT the Big Bulldoser is not working for me. Ive bought 3 of them and none work. Please HELP!!!!

JAS0643
Aug 17 2010, 11:09 PM
5. Flower Harvester Tool (FC): Allows you to harvest up to 64 flowers at a time, it works very similar to the treeshaker tool.

I was looking at the flower harvester in the store and it says 32 flowers at one time, but here it says 64. Can someone that has one and has flowers tell me which one is right.

BrittanysMom05
Aug 17 2010, 11:10 PM
How do i move the manure spreader from farm to farm?

add it to your storage :)

janisko
Aug 17 2010, 11:19 PM
The same thing ran through my mind, do we need to have a manure spreader at each farm? If not, how would that work? In fact, which machines don't have to be moved and which ones do? Is the manure spreader like the boat where u have to move it from farm to farm, & if that is the case do we lose any manure going from farm to farm?
BTW, devs you absolutely do the greatest of jobs with FT, I appaude you!! Like all the rest, this update is super and everything it offers!!

I bought the spreader. You can move it from farm to farm without losing the stored fertilizer. If you mouse over it you can see how many hours are left and how much fertilizer is inside. As for the crops... if they are fertilized while growing they can be harvested after the fertilizer runs out, I BELIEVE. I just wish we didn't have to move it from farm to farm. I love that we can leave the tree shaker in one place permanently.

janisko
Aug 17 2010, 11:20 PM
I have the same question, what if it's a four day crop? And do harvesters get double the crop when you hire them? How will we know when we need to fertilize again?

The harvesters get double coin AND double crop! It's in the release information.

nitz22002
Aug 17 2010, 11:24 PM
thank you Raul love the upgrade. keep it up.

janisko
Aug 17 2010, 11:32 PM

I tried it and it didn't work. MOVE just highlights it in red to move it on the same farm. When I clicked on the diamond for another farm it didn't move with me. I went back to the first farm and it was still in the same spot. What browser are you using?

janisko
Aug 17 2010, 11:35 PM
But I forgot to add.. I LOVE THE NEW UPDATES!!! YEAH! Wish there were more levels. If I can get my fertilizer to work I would be one happy farmer. Yes, I told it to move to the farm I wanted to fertilize and it do but it froze the farm and would not work... boo-hoo :(

Put it in storage and then retrieve it. You won't lose the fertilizer inside.

Bubba Geouge
Aug 17 2010, 11:47 PM
wow thanks for the updates Raul , it's time to get some pigs

clipter
Aug 17 2010, 11:57 PM
This has got to be the best update ever. I just need pigs now! Maybe now I can finally do some fun stuff instead of just crops.

Annie+4
Aug 17 2010, 11:59 PM
Thank you xxxx

onamission
Aug 18 2010, 12:02 AM
Fertiliser to double my crops? Brilliant! A good investment of my precious green dollars in my books!

I just scraped in to buy it by the skin of my teeth - I had some green dollars idling away and was gonna spend em but something held me back (I'm very careful what I buy) and then I got the 15 with the new levels (thankyou so much FT!) which increased my stash to 49, just one short of the needed 50.

Lo and behold, I went to the offer wall and there was a new game to download for one green dollar reward and voila, I had my 50!

I'm as happy as a pig in mud and so's Petunia and her rellies! hehehe :D:D:D

PS I'm looking forward to the highlight option for fertilised fields. The new look will take some getting used to for me so bring it on Devs thanks! :)

SunnyD
Aug 18 2010, 12:58 AM
add it to your storage :)

a quote from a host on how to move the tools........You can move it to each farm. Click the fertilizer spreader, click move, and click the diamond of the farm. It may appear to not highlight, so click the harvest tool and then the green man *walking symbol* and then you will be able to click the spreader. I just moved mine to all my farms to fertilize. Love it! ( i posted it on my FB wall is how i had this saved)

Lavenda
Aug 18 2010, 01:01 AM
*best*update*eva* I could kiss you devs! ~*huggles spreader*~ The alternate views are fantastic too :)

onamission
Aug 18 2010, 01:10 AM
I've just encountered a problem with the harvested fertilised crops.

I had a small plot (66 fields and I checked twice to make sure that is the correct amount) of purple grapes which were fertilised whilst growing. The fields were wearing the new highlight too.

I hired a harvester and expected to have an extra 132 boxes of grapes in storage, but upon investigation there was only 79 from that harvest.

I'm certain of these figures cos I went to storage and wrote down both small and large harvest amounts before harvesting.

I know there are usually problems after a new release and am confident that it will be fixed, so I'm still as happy as a pig in mud hehehe :)

onamission
Aug 18 2010, 01:13 AM
Gidday Lavenda!

Nice to bump into u again :)

JaneMarple9
Aug 18 2010, 01:15 AM
Brilliant! Can't wait to get spending! xxx

purple-girl
Aug 18 2010, 01:36 AM
@randall: agree on that...

anyway... Manure Spreader is the best 50FT Cash i ever spend... great job slashkey ^^

eifilsin
Aug 18 2010, 01:38 AM
Can you ask the Dev's can we get manure from the cows also. Thanks. Great update

LA Scooter Girl
Aug 18 2010, 01:57 AM
I think it SUCKS that you charge real world money to buy facilities. there is NO WAY i will pay money to play a facebook game.

mossy3
Aug 18 2010, 02:05 AM
thanks Raul can we get a pantry to separate the stored produce into keep and sell?

suemack
Aug 18 2010, 02:06 AM
Awesome, thank you!!

Mrs Borgies
Aug 18 2010, 02:07 AM

I harvested a small amount of flowers and did expect them not to be fertilised, which I found to be correct. Would it be worth adding flowers to the bracket that has (not trees). Unless of course flowers are also fertilised and it didn't work for me this time round. I have harvested grapes and did get my 2 boxes so that part is ok.

sueripper@gmail.com
Aug 18 2010, 02:10 AM
Great!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the new levels and the alternative views. Love the manure spreader-now all I need is more pigs.

onamission
Aug 18 2010, 02:43 AM
I've just encountered a problem with the harvested fertilised crops.

I had a small plot (66 fields and I checked twice to make sure that is the correct amount) of purple grapes which were fertilised whilst growing. The fields were wearing the new highlight too.

I hired a harvester and expected to have an extra 132 boxes of grapes in storage, but upon investigation there was only 79 from that harvest.

I'm certain of these figures cos I went to storage and wrote down both small and large harvest amounts before harvesting.

I know there are usually problems after a new release and am confident that it will be fixed, so I'm still as happy as a pig in mud hehehe :)

I'm delighted to report that my potato harvest yielded the correct double amount this time :D so it must have been just one of those gremlin glitches while the new release is settling in.

The differences between the two harvests since fertilising were: first crop was purple grapes harvested by a hired worker and second crop was potatoes harvested by myself. The crops were also on different farms.

Happy as two pigs in mud now lol :D:D:D:D:D

CatsWhiskers
Aug 18 2010, 02:44 AM
LOVE the new features! I'm hoping the FC I bought 3 days ago will be added to my account soon, so I can give the new stuff a go. Can't wait! The alternate views are awesome, 100 times better! I am eagerly awaiting new views for the other cartoonish facilities too. But do take your time, as I am sure there is a lot of artwork involved in making the new images. Anyway, big thumbs up!!!

Farmer Rabbit
Aug 18 2010, 02:51 AM
This update is mostly ****! hee hee, I meant manure :D
Thanks for all the efforts for intriguing stuff :) Love, love Farm Town!

Tipka
Aug 18 2010, 02:56 AM
1. My Big Bulldozer doesn't work. I plowed 4 field with big plower just for purpose. I select Delete fields and move it over fields no field get selected. I have 'Remove spaces' checked.
I tried to click anyway but doesn't do anything.

2. I fertilized my farms just after upgrade. Now I had some barley to harvest (which wasn't ready when I fertilized). I harvested some fields by myself just to test new feature and my harvest doubled. I then hired someone from the market to harvest the rest and got exactly as I would before, no double harvest for his part. I checked first post here and it doesn't say you have to harvest yourself to get double crates.
This is the quote from first post of this hread:
'If you hire others to harvest, you will get 2 Large boxes instead of one. Employees will get twice the amount of coins, and 2 boxes as well every time they receive an additional bonus box when harvesting.'

I really hope you can repair this soon, because I soooo like new tools.

jagaursfan
Aug 18 2010, 03:07 AM
this is a complaint about the game,seeing that i cant never find the right spot to put it.everytime slashkey makes new levels they never seem to do anything for us lower level farmers,this is not right,you do not need to keep creating new levels everytime you do you cause glitches with the game.leave the game alone or put the new levels and items on a different server and work the bugs out before you put it into the game.thats why you have debuggers that is thier job.sorry to be writting this way but slashkey is getting as bad as other creators of games.

TsunamiVince
Aug 18 2010, 03:16 AM
1) double plow is broken

2) pick machine/diamond for the fertilizer seems to embed it into the ground randomly on the next farm. Is there a better way to move or not move machinery to multiple farms and get them to work? there needs to be a definitive reference on how to move things you can't afford to purchase for every farm. The current method is lame and inconsistent. See poo spreader and tree shaker.

3) CHAINSAW

4) CHAINSAW

5) CHAINSAW

Tony D
Aug 18 2010, 03:23 AM
1) double plow is broken

2) pick machine/diamond for the fertilizer seems to embed it into the ground randomly on the next farm. Is there a better way to move or not move machinery to multiple farms and get them to work? there needs to be a definitive reference on how to move things you can't afford to purchase for every farm. The current method is lame and inconsistent. See poo spreader and tree shaker.

3) CHAINSAW

4) CHAINSAW

5) CHAINSAWHi, double plough is not broken . Just a glitch that has been fixed.

MebeMrS
Aug 18 2010, 05:00 AM
The harvesters get double coin AND double crop! It's in the release information.

First, this is a real bonus for lower level farmers........ especially the ones who come to market and
"........ please hire me for pineapples........"
"........ anyone have pineapples......."
"....... I want to harvest pineapples ALONE please......"

hahahahahahha...... I don't want to be in the way of that stampede !

Second, for the "not fair" list: :rolleyes:
#619 "......it's not fair because the new farmers can accumulate cash faster that older farmers can. We worked for it, they get it handed to them....."

Third.... this new release is going to help the developers by giving them a "manure" load of income. Think of all the spreaders that have already sold, and the ones that will sell..... thousands and thousands at $9.99 real money.

Maybe I should be a democrat and expect one for free with stimulus money :eek:

Randall_Lind
Aug 18 2010, 05:05 AM
1. My Big Bulldozer doesn't work. I plowed 4 field with big plower just for purpose. I select Delete fields and move it over fields no field get selected. I have 'Remove spaces' checked.
I tried to click anyway but doesn't do anything.

2. I fertilized my farms just after upgrade. Now I had some barley to harvest (which wasn't ready when I fertilized). I harvested some fields by myself just to test new feature and my harvest doubled. I then hired someone from the market to harvest the rest and got exactly as I would before, no double harvest for his part. I checked first post here and it doesn't say you have to harvest yourself to get double crates.
This is the quote from first post of this hread:
'If you hire others to harvest, you will get 2 Large boxes instead of one. Employees will get twice the amount of coins, and 2 boxes as well every time they receive an additional bonus box when harvesting.'

I really hope you can repair this soon, because I soooo like new tools.

Same here why have it doesn't work!!!!! I move it over plow land and nothing highlighted to be deleted. So what does the big $80,000 coins Bulldoze do because doesn't delete anything for me??

oldsheila
Aug 18 2010, 05:23 AM
That's all ok but how the hell do you get the green dollars without buying them with real money, The surveys and games don't really pay you when you go into them??I find it takes forever to earn them.

--- queenie ---
Aug 18 2010, 05:29 AM
Q. What is better than getting a 6th farm?

A. Doubling the output from the first 5.

Good thinking guys.

Randall_Lind
Aug 18 2010, 05:33 AM
The flower harvest tool is the best tool around harvest in secs what use to take forever. lol

charlies4ng3ls
Aug 18 2010, 05:48 AM
First of all.... the Manure Spreader just needs to be added to storage to move from farm to farm ... yes there does appear to be a glitch this morning in that you are not getting 2 crates if you hire someone else to do it for you ... I'm sure this will be fixed very soon.

My goodness - they give us a brilliant update and we are still complaining.... could we not have held off on that for at least a week or so ... with all the cool new stuff - I'm sure you could manually chop your trees for another wee while (even although I was a great advocate of the handsome lumberjacks - I'll cheerfully chop for now).

As for ten bucks to double the harvesting capacity of your farms.....

This equates to :-
Miss a movie this week...
Skip a couple crates of beer
Skip a couple of packs of ciggies
Or do you really need that glass of wine?
Don't worry about a haircut for a couple of weeks - no-one will see you - your backside will be glued to your seat playing Farm Town
And you don't waste so much shoe leather because you are addicted to this game ergo you don't need new sneakers either!

Choices choices! lol

Mrs Borgies
Aug 18 2010, 05:48 AM
Q. What is better than getting a 6th farm?

A. Doubling the output from the first 5.

Good thinking guys.
Yup! Even if I had never spent real cash on this farm in the past , I would have scraped my bits and pieces of real coins for fertilising my farms. This would have to be #1 choice for me to spend real money. :)

SivNorway
Aug 18 2010, 05:52 AM
Hi there!

Can somebody try to explain me what "fertilize" means?? :(
- I read the first post over and over again :( - and can I use my harvester on my crops, get double coins and crops?

oh my.. wish my english was good! :(

Tipka
Aug 18 2010, 06:09 AM
The flower harvest tool is the best tool around harvest in secs what use to take forever. lol

I bought flower tool too, but my so many flowers aren't ready. Can you tell me how they need to be arranged, 8 x 8, similar like trees are 4 x 8, or something different. I can rearrange them while waiting to harvest.

SunnyD
Aug 18 2010, 06:18 AM
it seems with this update as with some others things need to proprigate to the various servers....... for me I am waiting to purchase the new tools until i see it is working ... which also gives me time to gather up farm cash......... no biggie.......this update ROCKS!!!!!!!

HelenJS22
Aug 18 2010, 06:21 AM

Please don't move the Father's Day section yet, because it is Father's Day in Australia in a couple of weeks time.

Jennie C.
Aug 18 2010, 06:26 AM
Hi there!

- I read the first post over and over again :( - and can I use my harvester on my crops, get double coins and crops?

As the popular (in US) TV show M*A*S*H once explained: "fertilzer: good for the crops, bad for the nose." Pig poop on the land to make it grow better (wish we could use the cow stuff instead!)

HelenJS22
Aug 18 2010, 06:30 AM
Love, love, love the new upgrade. Thank you devs. Re adding a 'disable' icon to the fertilized farms ... yes please ... the look is very hard on the eyes, and I think the (F) is enough for us to see it as a fertilized crop. Thank you for the 'switch view'. My Sandwich shop now fits in so much better and I love it. So pleased that you're gradually making alternative views on all the cartoon look facilities. Thank you Devs.

Mrs Borgies
Aug 18 2010, 06:41 AM
Hi there!

Hi there SivNorway! :)

Fertilizer makes crops crow stronger with a bigger/larger harvest.

You need the pigsty as well as the pigs to harvest manure so that you have fertilizer to use with a Manure Spreader.

You need the Manure Spreader from the store, which you will find under the "Tools" tab. Using this tool, you need to spread the manure over your crops by clicking on the spreader, then clicking on 'Fertilize Farm'. Your whole farm will then be fertilized. You can move the spreader from farm to farm to fertilize all of your farms.

This is the only way to get double coins and crops.

Once your crop is ready to harvest, you use your harvest tool as you always have done before this update to gather your crops.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Randall_Lind
Aug 18 2010, 06:54 AM
I bought flower tool too, but my so many flowers aren't ready. Can you tell me how they need to be arranged, 8 x 8, similar like trees are 4 x 8, or something different. I can rearrange them while waiting to harvest.

4x4
4x4 lots of flowers and it is super quick. I made do a flower farm if we get another farm LOL

Pegleg168
Aug 18 2010, 06:55 AM
Got it to work once, now it won't. Wassup?:confused:

OK, upon further testing, it seems the big plower will work on un-plowed fields only. Onced plowed, it will not clear the plot.

ScottLanter
Aug 18 2010, 06:57 AM
I like the fertilizer option. But, the white highlights around the fertilized crops are a bit much. Keep the "F", but let's get rid of the white glow.

Angels Shangri-La
Aug 18 2010, 07:03 AM
Thanks Raul for the new toys, I couldn't be happier. Also a special TY for the Angel statue, that made my day:)

Juwalalce
Aug 18 2010, 07:11 AM
I do appreciate the ability to double my crops, but I was really hoping for more to actually do. Something that might have gotten rid of my 200+million coins would have been great.

cangellover
Aug 18 2010, 07:19 AM
I love this game, and was thrilled that there are new levels. Just wondering if you guys are going to add any more levels, as I am maxed out.

xxcharliebxx
Aug 18 2010, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the updates, love the manure spreader. But has the bug been fixed when you hire someone to plow twice and you lose the red square been fixed as people hire me twice to plow and i still have the annoying red square instead of the arrow????

HelenJS22
Aug 18 2010, 07:23 AM
Now I have a quandry. I've fertilized my hops, so now I will have double the crop ..... so can I please now go and fertilize my YEAST ??? We need the yeast but the current supply is so meagre and so painfully, frustratingly slow that I won't get to use the double crop of hops for weeks !! :( Please, please upgrade the rate of yeast supply to go with the ability to fertilize the crops.

CSLewis
Aug 18 2010, 07:38 AM
Same here why have it doesn't work!!!!! I move it over plow land and nothing highlighted to be deleted. So what does the big $80,000 coins Bulldoze do because doesn't delete anything for me??

Randall, the big bulldozer is ONLY for harvested fields or spoiled crops. It says that right there on the description.

Finger click'n good
Aug 18 2010, 08:05 AM
I bought the spreader. You can move it from farm to farm without losing the stored fertilizer. If you mouse over it you can see how many hours are left and how much fertilizer is inside. As for the crops... if they are fertilized while growing they can be harvested after the fertilizer runs out, I BELIEVE. I just wish we didn't have to move it from farm to farm. I love that we can leave the tree shaker in one place permanently.

"I love that we can leave the tree shaker in one place permanently."

how do you do this, thanks

Tipka
Aug 18 2010, 08:09 AM
6. Big Bulldozer Tool (Coins): Allows you to delete 4 harvested or gone to waste fields at a time

Thanks for explanation, but then it's not so useful unless deleting all fields. I usually hire people to harvest + plow and only after I delete fields to rearrange. Plowing is cheap and everyone get XP.
Or when I plow new fields and get out of square and don't see it right away, there it would be useful.
Why would I delete whitered crops? I would replow them if I had any.

earlgray
Aug 18 2010, 08:12 AM
Thank you so very much for the alternate views of the oil facility and sandwich shop. Perhaps you could do one for the chocolate factory in the future?

kathy
Aug 18 2010, 08:18 AM
I love my manure spreader - it's too awesome!!! Helps with the issue that I don't have enough farmland (in spite of having 5 farms) to grow enough produce for all my facilities.

sydbynitesangel
Aug 18 2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks all for the great additions to the buildings and decorations however, when can we expect another farm??? I've got so much in coins and would love to have a 6th farm so I can really farm. The facilities take so much room on the farms that I'm running out of fields to actually farm.

kcbigmama
Aug 18 2010, 08:31 AM
Love the new upgrades but there are a couple of things I would have liked.

1. A better way to water flowers or just remove the need to water them.
2. A question mark on the crops in the store that would tell us what they are used for.
3. A way to freeze the stupid aviator in one spot.

We have also lost the ability to hire someone twice for plowing to remove the green square, please give it back to us.

I really don't know why anyone would play farmville, farmtown is the best.

ScottLanter
Aug 18 2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks all for the great additions to the buildings and decorations however, when can we expect another farm??? I've got so much in coins and would love to have a 6th farm so I can really farm. The facilities take so much room on the farms that I'm running out of fields to actually farm.

Every facility will fit on one farm, which would give you 4 farms for actual farming.

--- queenie ---
Aug 18 2010, 08:53 AM
Not complaining but I would vote for the option to turn off the fertilized crops highlighting.

moravia
Aug 18 2010, 08:53 AM
Every facility will fit on one farm, which would give you 4 farms for actual farming.

Yep, I have them all on my 4th farm and it actually looks like a town rather then them all squished together.

Though, I'd like to see a 6th farm, only because I am OCD about symmetry, and the odd number diamonds drive me nuts

moussieville
Aug 18 2010, 09:02 AM
Thanks Raul !!!
Really love to see a 6th farm tough!! ;-))

Randall_Lind
Aug 18 2010, 09:09 AM
Randall, the big bulldozer is ONLY for harvested fields or spoiled crops. It says that right there on the description.

ok so after I harvest I can delete them using this tool? Oh OK got it working now that is awesome thanks for the help.

beautysmom
Aug 18 2010, 09:10 AM
these upgrades apparently disabled the ability to do a rehire and get rid of the red ball and chain when plowing! Please please please give us the option to do without that red box--it's inaccurate, time consuming, and obnoxious! Thanks for a great game, otherwise!

MebeMrS
Aug 18 2010, 09:13 AM
That's all ok but how the hell do you get the green dollars without buying them with real money, The surveys and games don't really pay you when you go into them??I find it takes forever to earn them.

No problem here..... I spent about 5 minutes at each of my sets of farms getting the "Government Grants" offer.... had the 13 FT$$ added to my $$ in about 15 minutes ..... had the Manure Spreader minutes later.

KnittyGirl
Aug 18 2010, 09:15 AM
Raul, you and all the devs totally rock!! I absolutely love, love, love all the new stuff! Just purchased the manure spreader and can't wait to see the results. Of course, I'm like everyone else in wanting the 6th farm; like 5 isn't enough for me to play with! I'm so happy I could just . . . play FT some more!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

MebeMrS
Aug 18 2010, 09:17 AM
Now I have a quandry. I've fertilized my hops, so now I will have double the crop ..... so can I please now go and fertilize my YEAST ??? We need the yeast but the current supply is so meagre and so painfully, frustratingly slow that I won't get to use the double crop of hops for weeks !! :( Please, please upgrade the rate of yeast supply to go with the ability to fertilize the crops.

I realize this is not do-able for many..... but get multiple semi-trailers. You will have more yeast than you need.

Gordy100
Aug 18 2010, 09:22 AM
I am loving the fact that you guys have released the new update. I know some people were chomping on the bit a little waiting on it. However, I have a couple of points to make.

1. Great that the pig sty now produces something. But not so great that the tool needed to use it costs 50 FC.
2. Great you've added a Flower Harvester. Not so great that it costs 40 FC.
3. You say you've added new items in the buildings and decorations that cost coins, not FC. After I purchase my cereal factory when I hit level 61, I am not able to buy any more facilites as they are only available with FC.
4. No new crops.
5. No new animals.
6. Generally this is a great game, but please either make it easier for us to obtain the FC or make items requiring them cheaper.

Thank you for your time.

Gordy100
Level 58

Randall_Lind
Aug 18 2010, 09:23 AM
Yeast should have the same yield has meat or chicken 820 instead of 4?? just saying.

Old Goat
Aug 18 2010, 09:25 AM
From what I've read here there is no more second hire to remove the red/green frame when plowing? Haven't tried it yet.

Really liking all the updates, thanks devs! Bought and used the big bulldozer and WOW!!! :) I no longer have to 'save' a half dozen times when clearing a farm.

That's a great little aid that has been added to 'store' for items like seeds. Muchly appreciated.

I was within $3 Farm Cash away from buying the brewery, money I had accumulated from app of the day....then we get more with the new levels. Good grief!!! Now I have to decide what else I want. Such are the trials and tribulations of life huh? Poor me. *snort*

Mom4ever
Aug 18 2010, 09:31 AM
I certainly appreciate all the work you and everyone is doing. The alternate views on facilities are beautiful!

As much as I am thankful, I have to say that 50 farm cash for ANY item is pretty pricey for me. I have purchased extra farm cash so I am not opposed to doing that, but I do have a budget for entertainment, and you just exceeded it. :)

I am 73, and still love this game after playing for about a year.

essexboy
Aug 18 2010, 09:38 AM
cheers ears dude.

Mom4ever
Aug 18 2010, 09:43 AM
I HATE harvesting for others using the red/green square. It takes way too much time!
Thanks for all the nice buildings and decorations you added, and special thanks for making them available with coins ! ! !

JocelynCS
Aug 18 2010, 09:49 AM
I LOVE the new fertilizer feature, but can you please remove the "fertilized effect" of the "glowing" squares? It makes the whole farm look weird. I think the "F" when you roll over a fertilized square is enough.

Lupi
Aug 18 2010, 10:09 AM
I LOVE the new fertilizer feature, but can you please remove the "fertilized effect" of the "glowing" squares? It makes the whole farm look weird. I think the "F" when you roll over a fertilized square is enough.

The original post states that an option is going to be added to remove the glowing squares on a future update.

Loving all the updates again. I did gasp at the cost of the muck spreader, but I just bought FC anyway. I don't mind spending real money on this game, it's totally worth it.

napgirl66
Aug 18 2010, 10:32 AM
I love that you are always keeping it Fun and ADDICTING! Now that we are at 100+ levels I have lost my choice to lose the Plowing RED BOX or keep it.. I really do not like the RED BOX. Can you please bring that choice back? Thank you!

Still Playing and Loving it! :D

Cookie01
Aug 18 2010, 10:49 AM
Raul, I want to have your babies. :D Thank you so much. :)

Farmer Homer
Aug 18 2010, 11:02 AM
I'm liking flowers again, thank you for the flower harvester. My flower shop will be up and running again soon. How about some daisies?

The manure spreader is wonderful, doubled the size of my farms, now I have room to plant flowers and maybe, just maybe I'll have enough wheat and tomatoes.

Still wanting that sixth farm though, I'd love to have some mountains, mines and a vineyard on that one.

adinar
Aug 18 2010, 11:04 AM
I was losing interest in fv when you started the facilities and you just kept getting better and better fv has nothing on you now ! This is so fantastic !You listen to us and don't blow us off that's very important believe me I just love this game so much more now :)) Thank You! Thank You!!!You Rock!!! :)) I bought the bulldozer and the manure spreader again Thank You! :)

DanielP
Aug 18 2010, 11:19 AM
[snip]
This equates to :-
Miss a movie this week...
Skip a couple crates of beer
Skip a couple of packs of ciggies
Or do you really need that glass of wine?
Don't worry about a haircut for a couple of weeks - no-one will see you - your backside will be glued to your seat playing Farm Town
And you don't waste so much shoe leather because you are addicted to this game ergo you don't need new sneakers either!

Choices choices! lol

You forgot one:

If you don't want to spend real $$$ on it --- DON'T
These are not required to play the game.

(I would for a chainsaw though!!! <== Attention developers!!! )

wyattman
Aug 18 2010, 11:23 AM
love all the new things but sure could use a 6th farm need more crop space

PaulaN829
Aug 18 2010, 11:30 AM
Please get rid of the red box for plowing..it makes it so much slower to plow with the darn thing in the way..thanks

SunnyD
Aug 18 2010, 11:35 AM
wow that bulldozer is the best.... love love it.........

dojewo
Aug 18 2010, 11:35 AM
I hope this question wasn't asked before but where did the pig sty go? I tried to buy one today and can't find it anywhere

kathyonthefarm
Aug 18 2010, 11:36 AM
Thank you!! The manure spreader is great!! Just harvested my first crops. Need to exchange my gifts for piggies lol. I'm not yet use to the highlight so looking forward to the option to turn it off in case I can't get use to it. When hiring people it will be great to let them know your crops are fertilized as they will get more! Thanks for the extra levels too!! Great job Devs

Molly Mew
Aug 18 2010, 11:37 AM
I hope this question wasn't asked before but where did the pig sty go? I tried to buy one today and can't find it anywhere

It's in the store under 'facilities'. :)

dojewo
Aug 18 2010, 11:38 AM
It's in the store under 'facilities'. :)

thanks, I looked and must have missed it sorry

kathyonthefarm
Aug 18 2010, 11:39 AM
I believe I bought it under the facilities last night along with the cows and chicken coops. Hope this helps. Just harvested my first fertilized crops and its great!

nu62426
Aug 18 2010, 11:41 AM
My question is can I use the manure spreader on all of my farms or o I have to buy one for each farm. I couldn't make it work from farm 1 to farm 2. I love it!! You guys ae awesome.

Terry

dojewo
Aug 18 2010, 11:41 AM
I believe I bought it under the facilities last night along with the cows and chicken coops. Hope this helps. Just harvested my first fertilized crops and its great!well I guess I have to start collecting them pigs :)

Mrs Mags
Aug 18 2010, 11:50 AM
Thank you so much for the updates...they are brilliant...You guys are just simply the best x

Mrs Mags
Aug 18 2010, 11:51 AM
The Pigsty has been moved to Facilities. :)

Farmer_Susan
Aug 18 2010, 11:53 AM
a quote from a host on how to move the tools........You can move it to each farm. Click the fertilizer spreader, click move, and click the diamond of the farm. It may appear to not highlight, so click the harvest tool and then the green man *walking symbol* and then you will be able to click the spreader. I just moved mine to all my farms to fertilize. Love it! ( i posted it on my FB wall is how i had this saved)

This worked for me last night but it's not working today. Spreader is on Farm #3, I clicked it, clicked move, clicked the diamond of the farm - well, everything you just said! LOL When I got to Farm #2, where the crops are, I couldn't fertilize. I tried several times - refreshed and tried again but still nothing.

Is this maybe a bug? Since I could do it last night but not today? If it matters, last night I was going from Farm #3 to Farm #5, today it was #3 to #2. In both cases, there were no crops planted on Farm #3 where the actual spreader is.

Roozter
Aug 18 2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the new stuff...the creativity here never ceases to amaze me!

One question - what are the levels for new decorations? They do not show in my menu...just says "locked".

FYI - when in the marketplace I often cannot see names in the dialogue box & staements are not appearing above others' avatars. This may be resolved today as I have not checked it yet.

Thanks again!

robinwebb
Aug 18 2010, 12:43 PM
Thx for all the new great stuff but is there anyway you can make it where we can turn in so many coins for Farm Cash? I wont do the offers b/c I never get my cash but I want to get the new stuff..please help set up something so those of us who can't or wont do offers can get the Farm Cash items as well. Thx again for all the awesome new stuff!

jsbh821
Aug 18 2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks for all the great new things! I love this game! As far as I am concerned, nothing comes close to it! Congrats to all the devs!!

spevak@mho.com
Aug 18 2010, 01:06 PM
Thank you now we need farm 6 please.

SHILOH CAVALIERS
Aug 18 2010, 01:30 PM
Thx. For the new stuff, it's great. Only issue is, since the new stuff we can't double hire for plowing, would love to have that back.

TammyFarm
Aug 18 2010, 01:35 PM
Hey There,

5. Flower Harvester Tool (FC): Allows you to harvest up to 32 flowers at a time, it works very similar to the treeshaker tool.

-Fertilization Process:

-Additional Notes:
When you buy the Manure Spreader tool, it will come with 250 manure units inside for you to start fertilizing right away!

You can move the Manure Spreader to other farms and it will not lose the manure inside

To check how much time of fertilization is left on a farm or how much manure you have stored just hover the mouse over the Manure Spreader. Notice that each farm is fertilized separately so the fertilization intervals will most likely be different for each farm, however, your manure storage is the actual Manure Spreader, so you can collect manure on all farms but it all gets stored on the same Manure Spreader.

All fertilized crops will have a highlight around them, if you don't like that effect or how that looks, we will add an option soon on the Options window, so you can disable it

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

I was just wondering when you all are planning to put the Fall/Autumn decorations up on Farmtown...They were too adorable last year and my farm was so cute..It's close to that time ya know and the Father's Day thing has come and gone :-) Ready to see something new is all...

Gram's Place
Aug 18 2010, 01:37 PM
The new release has a lot of nice features, but carrying tools around isn't one of them. I got hired and plowed someone else's field, but when I got home I was still carrying the plow. Then I had to click on the walking man to get rid of it. This looks like a 50/50 thing, and if I had been making the decision, I would have left it as it was.

This effect also appears to have eliminated the ability to remove the plow with an additional "hire." This was seriously disappointing to me. I really expected the wrench toggles to now include one for hand tools so if we, the players, wanted to be without the tool icons we could. Instead we can't get rid of them at all.

I am grateful there will soon be a way to dim the glowing lines of fertilized fields.

LoreneC
Aug 18 2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the new decorations and buildings.

I am now stocking up on pigs!!!

Great update Devs. ;)

Whoopsidaisy
Aug 18 2010, 01:39 PM
Love the new stuff and Thank You so much for the extra levels! Most games stop you at level 99, lol. Bought the spreader as soon as I saw it and set up my little pigs. Have already harvested some fertilized crops and got double the amount! I can now slow down and maybe my farm "Sam Wheat" will be able to grow something else once in a while :) As far as I am concerned the spreader is well worth the money. You are doubling your fields. What could be better? It's like getting 5 more farms. Now I can have room for the rest of my little town, more houses, love the pet and vet shops, more decorations. Ah! This game is the best. THANKS!!

crabylady
Aug 18 2010, 02:01 PM
Thank you so much for such a great game. Of all the games I have played on Facebook, I like this one the best. I love all of the new tools and features you have added to help enjoy this game even more.:)

Boo again
Aug 18 2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the new update!! Great job!!

Just have one complaint..... you fixed the glitch that allowed me to plow without the plow box. Now I am having to hit the Aleve to get rid of the headache caused by the flashing red and green box.... unfix the glitch, please.... with cream and sugar and a cherry on top.....

diannevt
Aug 18 2010, 02:18 PM
regarding the big bulldozer (bought but haven't had a chance to use) It specifies HARVESTED or GONE TO WASTE fields, it appears that you don't plow them before using the big bulldozer

Big Bulldozer Tool (Coins): Allows you to delete 4 harvested or gone to waste fields at a time.

I'm cutting 2 1/2 packs of cigs from my budget to pay for all the wonderful goodies I just had to have. Keep up the great work cause I really need to quit smoking. :)

ponygirl22
Aug 18 2010, 02:49 PM
Absolutely AWESOME!!! Thanks!

ScottLanter
Aug 18 2010, 02:55 PM
Yep, I have them all on my 4th farm and it actually looks like a town rather then them all squished together.

Though, I'd like to see a 6th farm, only because I am OCD about symmetry, and the odd number diamonds drive me nuts

Haha! Imagine how it would be with just one farm, like we had in early days of the game.

ScottLanter
Aug 18 2010, 02:57 PM
Thx for all the new great stuff but is there anyway you can make it where we can turn in so many coins for Farm Cash? I wont do the offers b/c I never get my cash but I want to get the new stuff..please help set up something so those of us who can't or wont do offers can get the Farm Cash items as well. Thx again for all the awesome new stuff!

If you have Paypal, or a credit card, you can buy them. I don't fool with the offers, either. I just buy the Farm Cash and cut down on McDonald's. :D

Grumpa
Aug 18 2010, 03:07 PM
I think it SUCKS that you charge real world money to buy facilities. there is NO WAY i will pay money to play a facebook game.

No one is forcing you to pay real money to play Farm Town.

The game is quite playable just using the facilities that you can buy for coins.

It is only yourself that wants the FC facilities and they you have only yourself to blame if you have to spend real money.

If you can't live with this.

DO NOT PLAY THE GAME.

Grumpa
Aug 18 2010, 03:10 PM
LOVE the new features! I'm hoping the FC I bought 3 days ago will be added to my account soon, so I can give the new stuff a go. Can't wait! The alternate views are awesome, 100 times better! I am eagerly awaiting new views for the other cartoonish facilities too. But do take your time, as I am sure there is a lot of artwork involved in making the new images. Anyway, big thumbs up!!!

I purchased FC using the Pay Pal option and I received it right away.

Roozter
Aug 18 2010, 03:10 PM

I second this suggestion, particularly these days with the rotten economy & so many out of work. Also, would benefit those on a fixed income.

Thanks,

garden ho
Aug 18 2010, 03:11 PM
Hurray for the Pooo!!!!

moravia
Aug 18 2010, 03:12 PM
Haha! Imagine how it would be with just one farm, like we had in early days of the game.

Don't need to imagine - it's called Farmville. Which is why I quit playing

Grumpa
Aug 18 2010, 03:18 PM

Me think that if you put Pig Shi* on the yeast you will kill it, or at least chase it out of the truck and over to farmvi---. :D

adcomp
Aug 18 2010, 03:20 PM
Every time Farm Town updates or upgrades I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning. LOL

Grumpa
Aug 18 2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks Raul !!!
Really love to see a 6th farm tough!! ;-))

I want farm 7, 8, and 9. :D

never mind tonight I want them now. :mad:

That should take care of it. :cool:

lulu836
Aug 18 2010, 03:27 PM
The manure spreader will not stay in the alternative rotated position when taking it out of storage.

creative bon
Aug 18 2010, 03:33 PM
Since this came out I can not get past 85% loaded on my new computer Am I not going to be able to play my game any more? I have windows 7 professional on the new computer::(

baykirsten@hotmail.com
Aug 18 2010, 03:50 PM
Hey There,

-Fertilization Process:

-Additional Notes:

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

was disappointed have three different farmtown accounts and have decided not to work them til something comes out that gets me back in the game i worked farms 14 hours a day now nothing never thought i would get bored on this one but i will keep checking in thanks

baykirsten@hotmail.com
Aug 18 2010, 03:52 PM
sorry lost me farms on hold had 3 accounts to play now they just sit there will check in to see if something comes up to catch my attention again

psycho_mommi
Aug 18 2010, 04:07 PM
this is the coolest update yet!!!! thanks so much raul, and a special thanks to all the devs!
this game rocks, and it's my favorite!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

penster380
Aug 18 2010, 04:18 PM
We need a couple more farms, You have new things to buy but i have no place to put them already have over 300 in storage. Would to buy some of the new things and decorate and plant a couple more farms. They gave us 10 in zooworld can't you at least give us 2 or 3 more ty

rcalli
Aug 18 2010, 04:37 PM
When you harvest crops that were planted after the fertilizer was put in place will they be doubled when harvested even if fertilizer has expired for that farm?

geo1269
Aug 18 2010, 04:40 PM
Why can't everything be in coins as well as cash, not all of us have the money to purchase coins.