PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- September 1st, 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Raul
Sep 01 2010, 04:34 AM
*****Please see post launch fixes at the end*****

Hey There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 13 New Flowers: 10 in the store and 3 in the gift page. All flowers were created by Debbie (a FarmTown player and community member) and donated to the FarmTown game, many thanks to her.

2. Log Truck with Chainsaw (FC): Allows you to chop up to 32 trees at a time, it works very similar to the treeshaker tool.

3. Default Farm Selection: When clicking on the farm title text, you will see a new checkbox in that window to select that current farm as your default farm. The default farm will be the farm where you and your friends will be landing on when visiting you.

4. Show Decorations: We added this new option to the Option Window (top right tool icon) to make it easier for you to hide all decorations at once, including fences.

5. 'Decorations' category restructured: The store 'Decorations' category have now been divided in 5:

Farming Decor - All decorations that you would naturally expect to see in a farm
Motion - All items with a purpose or transportation of humans or any other stuff. Previous giftable fathers day items like golf carts, ATV and hot rods have been added to this category
Furniture - All furnitures
Fun - All items with a fun purpuse. All fathers day sport items have been added to this category
Other - The rest of the old 'Decorations' category. Previous mothers day sculptures have been added to this category and to the Topiaries

6. Mineral Mine (coins): Allows you to produce silver, gold and diamonds.

7. Jewelry Factory (FC): Allows you to produce jewels:

Earring
Necklace
Photo Frame with embeded jewelry
Ring
Watch
Jewelry Box with embeded jewelry

8. Pasta Factory (coins): Allows you to produce uncooked pasta:

Spaghetti
Macaroni
Fettuccine
Linguine
Lasagne

9. Pasta Restaurant (FC): Allows you to produce salads and pasta dishes:

Caprese Salad
Caesar Chicken Salad
Garden Salad
Macaroni and Cheese
Spaghetti with Meatballs
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Seafood Linguine
Meat Lasagne

10. Tomato Sauce: Some Pasta Dishes requires Tomato Sauce which you can now make in the Food Preserver Factory.

11. Multitools and the 'Remove space between fields' setting: From now on, all multitools (except for the multiplower to be completed for the next release)will work as expected independent on the 'Remove space between fields' setting, before, setting/unsetting that option could make your multitools only do one field at a time for a while.

12. When hiring others, incorrect crop count on storage for fertilized crops: This bug should now be fixed, no need to refresh the game anymore to see the correct count.

13. Fences can now be selected and hidden without issues.

14. Harvest, Plow and Tool vertical toolbars now dissapear when you select a tool and start working.

15. Minor Changes: Horse Training Area now allows you to put some horses on it. Alternative views for facilities are now the default on the store, when you purchase them, you can always go back to the previous cartoonish look if you want to.

Farm 6 and new levels comming soon...

Enjoy!

*****Post launch fixes*****

- Big Bulldozer now deletes 3 types of fields, harvested fields, gone to waste and regular plow fields
- The Tools are not hidden when you hide all decorations
- There is a warning once per day, that alert you when you have decorations, buildings or other stuff hidden in the game, so you don't panic when you see all them gone without remembering why
- We discoreverd that the Horse Training Area item fix is not functioning as expected, this will take longer to fix, please ignore this functionality for the time being

Thanks

--Raul

LoreneC
Sep 01 2010, 04:43 AM
Thank you Raul.

Can't wait to check out the new flowers and kudos to Debbie for designing them.

I am quite certain that log truck will be very popular and I love the default farm idea!!

Steel Hip
Sep 01 2010, 04:47 AM
Happy happy joy joy. *dances*

Just bought and used the Log truck, sweet.

Tony D
Sep 01 2010, 04:55 AM
Great .... Thanks :D:D:D

Madam Hooch
Sep 01 2010, 05:00 AM
Since this update my big bulldozer no longer does anything. I bought three of them and now they're just sitting there on my farms...

FatGoat
Sep 01 2010, 05:03 AM
How soon the 6th farm will be please? :D

Miz Lisa
Sep 01 2010, 05:04 AM
Very fun! *off to look at the new flowers*

Angels Shangri-La
Sep 01 2010, 05:06 AM
Thanks Raul :):)

Miz Lisa
Sep 01 2010, 05:10 AM
The gal who did the flowers did a lovely job!! What a nice variety!! And the separation of farm decor, wow, was that ever needed! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

angeskye
Sep 01 2010, 05:11 AM
An iris! I am totally obsessed with irises and it was the one thing i have always said my farm needed! Thank you so much Debbie!

And Raul and the devs for everything else :D

kazzaqld
Sep 01 2010, 05:25 AM
Just noticed the tomato sauce and ran right over - woohoo!! new toys!! :D:D:D

daniel1972au
Sep 01 2010, 05:32 AM
excellent work

JAS0643
Sep 01 2010, 05:33 AM
This is a cool update I have wanted new flowers for a long time thank you for giving them to us. Thanks for keeping the fathers day stuff they cal all be used year round. Can't wait for farm 6. :D

crispey_cake
Sep 01 2010, 05:41 AM
this is definetly the BEST update ever !!!! Thanks soo much for the truck with chainsaw ..i looooove it !!!! I have buy all :-))) Omg ...this really make my day today !!! THANKS FARMTOWN !!! :)

tsoupra
Sep 01 2010, 06:00 AM
Cool updates, but fix please the bulldozer's function. It stopped deleting harvested fields

Thank you

Phanny
Sep 01 2010, 06:02 AM
Great stuff Devs. Thanks to all and to the clever flower designer - they are beautiful.

SirDaywalker
Sep 01 2010, 06:02 AM
Raul!

How do I loves thee ~ lemme count the ways n stuff
:D

The Hide Decorations ~ Rawks
:)
New Flowers ~ Right ON!
((thank you 1000's of times to the creator))
:)
All you and your team do for us ~ Priceless

~*~ Glitch Notification ~*~
:rolleyes:

My Big Bulldozer has stopped working
:eek:
I figure you will have a few folks saying the same thing.
I know it will be fixed soon, cuz you guys are hella Groovy like that.
;)

Wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

garden ho
Sep 01 2010, 06:07 AM
Since this update my big bulldozer no longer does anything. I bought three of them and now they're just sitting there on my farms...

I keep forgetting that this won't delete plowed fields - they have to be harvested or spoiled. . .

garden ho
Sep 01 2010, 06:08 AM
Just noticed the tomato sauce and ran right over - woohoo!! new toys!! :D:D:D

Me too! whenever i see new products i always check for an update and sure 'nuf! whoo hooo!

farmerjan
Sep 01 2010, 06:22 AM
Trying to plant fertilized fields and they wont highlight to accept crops. I have logged off and back on, cleared me cache, and done all I can think of....
It seems to be an intermittant problem..........I did manage to get half the field planted, then nothing. HELP!
thanks~~

HelenJS22
Sep 01 2010, 06:24 AM
THANK YOU :D - and to Debbie, thank you too. The new flowers are just beautiful.

HelenJS22
Sep 01 2010, 06:27 AM
WOW - thank you for making it possible to hide fences. That has been a bit of a problem at times. Also the 'hide decorations'. You have really taken out some little annoyances for us. Much appreciated. Now, I'm off to sort my pasta facilities :D

jordan822
Sep 01 2010, 06:29 AM
Im not getting any coins today for anything I have done? will this be fixed? otherwise I love FT..

Molly Mew
Sep 01 2010, 06:30 AM
Thanks, Raul, for yet another very nice update.. and also to Debbie; the new flowers are lovely. :)

justmecookin
Sep 01 2010, 06:30 AM
Raul you all are the max...Thank you Thank you

Whoopsidaisy
Sep 01 2010, 06:36 AM
The new flowers are BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much :)

Cookie01
Sep 01 2010, 06:42 AM
Well, thanks for completely restructuring my day and probably causing me to have a divorce. (LOL) I WAS going to do all sorts of household stuff today - guess what I'm doing instead. :D

Thanks Guys - yet again. :D

lighthouse02
Sep 01 2010, 06:45 AM
Oh, wow! I know what I am doing this weekend! Can't wait to have some time to play with all the new toys!

Lis333
Sep 01 2010, 06:49 AM
Nice to see new facilities and the flowers are just lovely. Will any of them be incorporated into the flower shop for production?

Malvie
Sep 01 2010, 06:53 AM
Once again a great update! The flowers are sooo pretty, and I already bought the mineral mine. The anouncement for the sixth farm and new levels makes it near perfect. Thanks for all the great work!!

seanbt
Sep 01 2010, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the new updates, however as most of the new items are to be aquired using Dollars and as many are now on the top level how are they to gain more dollars?, it seems a little unfair that all the items that are being added can only be aquired with dollars. Would it not be more fair and realistic to purchase these new items with farm coins?

SirDaywalker
Sep 01 2010, 06:58 AM
Well, thanks for completely restructuring my day and probably causing me to have a divorce. (LOL) I WAS going to do all sorts of household stuff today - guess what I'm doing instead. :D

Ok, this cracked me UP.

B.Keeper
Sep 01 2010, 06:58 AM
How soon the 6th farm will be please? :D

I second that.

I've got several hundreds of millions in coins just burnig a hole in my pocket! :-D

seanbt
Sep 01 2010, 07:04 AM
Since the new update, anybody joining me on "Sean's farm" i can't see them or what they doing? nothing seems to happen, i have to totally reload game to see what they have done etc? any advice?

WitW
Sep 01 2010, 07:21 AM
The new flowers are beautiful!

nitz22002
Sep 01 2010, 07:27 AM
Thanks Raul this is a lovely gift for my bday
tomorrow sept 2 hehehehe. I wish i have a tree shaker and manure spreader. U can visit my farm and enjoy the skyscraper.

servocrow
Sep 01 2010, 07:29 AM
Okay...I need an extra day in the week just to play..

SO EXCITED!!

Going on a flower-planting BINGE!! WOOT!! Well...maybe later today....have to do other real-life stuff this morning...

YAY!!

iots028
Sep 01 2010, 07:39 AM
Thank you Debbie for the flowers, I can't wait until they bloom. It would really be nice if flowers started out fully grown so you can tell what they will look like when you are decorating. Also, thanks to the developers. Another great update.

_A_S_H_L_E_E_
Sep 01 2010, 07:43 AM
Good update! I'm so happy to hear farm 6 is coming soon - I've been desperate for another tree farm :D.

JudyBug25
Sep 01 2010, 07:48 AM
As if I wasn't addicted enough? You do this today? :D

Grumpa
Sep 01 2010, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the new updates, however as most of the new items are to be aquired using Dollars and as many are now on the top level how are they to gain more dollars?, it seems a little unfair that all the items that are being added can only be aquired with dollars. Would it not be more fair and realistic to purchase these new items with farm coins?

Life is UNFAIR.

Only took 31 messages for the first complaint about the game being unfair,

aggiemarinemom
Sep 01 2010, 07:54 AM
everytime u make an upgrade it is sooo wonderful but there is a backlash for some ...like me...like right now...i just harvested carrots and had my harvester, big seeder and manuer truck on my first farm. for some reason since ur last upgrade, my avatar doesn't harvest all the fields so i have to refresh to clear the screen to plow. when i did tha all my farm equipment disappeared ???? please help me, please. i looked in storage which is where i keep them when not in use and they r not there and i checked my other 4 farms and they r not there either. what in the world ? i did not know where to post this so i put here since it happened right after a new upgrade !!

Maddo
Sep 01 2010, 07:57 AM
Thanks once again Raul, love the upgrades =}

CatsWhiskers
Sep 01 2010, 07:58 AM
Nothing but thumbs up! I'm planting the new flowers as we seak, hoping they can be used in the flower shop soon. Great work!

dottyF
Sep 01 2010, 08:06 AM
Are we able to change any more cartoon facilities with this upgrade? If so I didnt see an option to do so.

BobcatTchai
Sep 01 2010, 08:07 AM
Excellent update and great news about the coming arrival of a 6th farm. I mainly need this to fit the new facilities on - think I might do a woodlands theme on one half (probably fit the mine and jewellery store there). Maybe position a big lake in the middle, with a nice little hamlet (featuring the seafood and italian restaurants) fronting on to the sea coast :)

Momma Woods
Sep 01 2010, 08:12 AM
This is such a wonderful update. Can't believe all the new toys y'all came up with. I need to be 3 people in order to do all the stuff available. Grandma is so pleased with her "grandson" and all the other dev's, and Debbie. Thanx, thanx, thanx,. Hugs,etc.

moravia
Sep 01 2010, 08:22 AM
Awesome additions!

2 things though.
1 - My big bulldozer isn't working. (harvested but not plowed fields and no spaces between fields)

2 - Could you please take tools off the list when you hide decorations. I'd like to be able to see my bulldozer, seeder etc while I am working

Thanks for all the great stuff

Touch_Stone2002
Sep 01 2010, 08:26 AM
My big bulldozer isnt working :(

Soozy
Sep 01 2010, 08:31 AM
Are we able to change any more cartoon facilities with this upgrade? If so I didnt see an option to do so.

I also am questioning this.
Are all facilities capable of changing view now or only when you purchase them in the store?
The ones I have left to change that I already have, have no Switch View option.

StoneFace
Sep 01 2010, 08:32 AM

So just buy the mineral mine..... spend coin to make lots of coin.... and pass on the jewelry.

So just by the pasta factory..... spend coin to make lots of coin.... and pass on the restaurant.

By now the format of the game is set .....

Offer facilities for coin that anyone can enjoy or not - their choice.
Offer "bigger/better" stuff for bigger/better investment - their choice.

It is quite realistic to
1] want everything for "free", i.e. coins which anyone can try to accumulate
2] expect that everything should be available to anybody
3] accept the "reality" that you can't have everything on your terms.

I enjoy the game, and anticipate getting some of the FT$$ items...... guess I have to do more surveys, and apps etc.

Baqash51
Sep 01 2010, 08:41 AM

My bulldozer is not working either. and expensive decoration I don't need if it doesn't work.

farmerdcp
Sep 01 2010, 08:50 AM
My Bulldozer is not working correctly either...only allows me to deleted plowed fields!!?? then when you use the dozer on those plowed fields...and refresh game...those fields are back..so it's not working at all

Farmer Homer
Sep 01 2010, 08:55 AM
New fun things this morning! Thanks everyone. I bought the logging truck first thing, love it, I may plant a forest. The other new things, I'm trying to decide where to put them before I fill them up, the upcoming 6th farm will sure help. A 7th and 8th farm will help even more, I need room to plant more wheat!!

The flowers are gorgeous. :)

And yes, the big bulldozer is dozing this morning. Please bring back my dozer, I love him.

bppop14@yahoo.com
Sep 01 2010, 08:55 AM
I can't seem to find the Boulders and Patch of sand or was it dirt. Could there be a search box in the store?

AMMC1959
Sep 01 2010, 08:56 AM
Yes, now with new things I need a 6th farm ASAP...make that 7 while your working on it..lol Please real soon.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Sep 01 2010, 09:12 AM

i think its fair and realistic to have items for farm cash to help support the game we play free.. since you can play the game threw to max level with out needing to spend money the items offered for money are just extras that are not needed to proceed... before farmcash upgrades were barley given we would wait months since the release of it we get upgrades and new things allot

there are plenty of ways to earn it free such as filling out the free offers i have earned 200 fc doing them and havent spent a dime in real money yet

SunnyD
Sep 01 2010, 09:19 AM
How many are totally excited that we got the "Mother Sculpture" it is in the Other category in the store..... I soooo wanted this and it is for coins too... way way cool and thanks for the great flowers and the father's day stuff too wow haven't seen it all yet but taking my time stretching it out all day LOL thanks Dev's....

Molly Mew
Sep 01 2010, 09:21 AM
We've reported the problem with the bulldozer, so hopefully it should be fixed soon. ;)

SunnyD
Sep 01 2010, 09:27 AM
also not sure if it has been mentioned adding horses to the "Horse Arena" is not working yet have used different horses and have "un froze animals".. have refreshed.... it will be working soon i am sure.. going to try getting a new horse from my gifts and see if that will work........

aggiemarinemom
Sep 01 2010, 09:28 AM
OMG!!! i don't know what is going on...i just noticed that all 4 of my oil pumps are gone too. this is the worst side effect of your best update ever. i don't know where to go with this cuz i don't see this posted newhere else. i have already posted disappearing farm equipment this morning. please help me, i've never been affected before and hope i never get hit again.

Big K
Sep 01 2010, 09:34 AM
Once again, the devs have really been doing some fabulous stuff! I was collecting my production, saw that my fruit cocktail was in a different spot and my brain screamed "UPDATE" and I scampered over to the forum to see what's new. Beautiful new flowers - thanks Debbie! But please add lots of them to the flower shop. The new facilities are awesome, but I think you need to take some of the items we already have and add them to the facilities we already have (ie apricot jam in the preserve factory or dried figs, or granola) - on that note, I have an extensive list (with the ingredients they need) and will be adding it on the suggestions page very soon!

Adding my pleas for a 6th (and 7th, maybe 8th) farm - love the new facilities, but I'm maxed out on space and can't buy any more until I have more space. And I actually spend money to buy FC, so please add more farms, so I can pay you what you so richly deserve!!!!!

jstires
Sep 01 2010, 09:45 AM
got a question about cheese, for some reason I did have lots & lots of cheese in my dairy processor. Now I have none and can't seem to get any, so there's a lot of food I can't fix because of not having cheese???

Farmer Jennifer Dawn
Sep 01 2010, 09:46 AM
thanks for the stuff. can't wait to get more farmcash...im back up to 20 after doing surveys and stuff. of course i can't really buy any more of the buildings until i have farm #6.

lkdoty2002@yahoo.com
Sep 01 2010, 09:46 AM
My Big Bulldozer is kaput too... bummer

Grammy 11
Sep 01 2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the chain saw. Now I will be quiet for a while!

crispey_cake
Sep 01 2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the chain saw. Now I will be quiet for a while!

:D:D me too

SunnyD
Sep 01 2010, 09:51 AM
got a question about cheese, for some reason I did have lots & lots of cheese in my dairy processor. Now I have none and can't seem to get any, so there's a lot of food I can't fix because of not having cheese???

you could of accidentally sold it at the Market ... I hope not. i did that last week.. I sold all my darn hot dog buns....... grrrrrrr

pittypat2618
Sep 01 2010, 09:56 AM
As of today my spreader says I need more pig fuel and I filled it this morning and fertilized one farm now I can't use it for my others please fix Pat:(

Duck Duck Goose
Sep 01 2010, 09:57 AM
My Bulldozer is not working correctly either...only allows me to deleted plowed fields!!?? then when you use the dozer on those plowed fields...and refresh game...those fields are back..so it's not working at all

like it always has: both the big and small bulldozers work the same as when you harvest seed or plow.

All these tasks que up on the server to be done when you click your mouse, and the server and your avatar has to catch up before its completed.

The difference is: harvesting seeding and plowing actually SHOWS the progress queing up on the server and disapears when completed, while both the bulldozer tools DO NOT.
The bulldozer tools need time for the server to complete the work just like the other tools.
The only way you can be sure all work is completed, is once you are done bulldozing, click the save button or a button to go to another farm.
Waiting for the game to confirm the save, or waiting untill you are transported the the selected farm.

If you simply reload the game or the window before the server catches up, only the deleted fields that have caught up at that point will remain deleted.

Farmer Jennifer Dawn
Sep 01 2010, 10:05 AM
you could of accidentally sold it at the Market ... I hope not. i did that last week.. I sold all my darn hot dog buns....... grrrrrrr

i did that with my pickles.

Grammy 11
Sep 01 2010, 10:06 AM
Curious: I can't send out minerals for help harvesting?

MattAlex69
Sep 01 2010, 10:11 AM
I got so excited when I saw the new updates that I almost peed Myself lol *grin*

Farmer Jennifer Dawn
Sep 01 2010, 10:19 AM
I got so excited when I saw the new updates that I almost peed Myself lol *grin*

think its time for a support group.....:p;)

MattAlex69
Sep 01 2010, 10:23 AM
think its time for a support group.....:p;)

lol for Me thats pretty sad considering I only really started playing the game wholeheartedly 2-3 weeks ago :D

4macky9
Sep 01 2010, 10:24 AM
Thank for the changes, but now today my Bulldozer doesn't work - think it was maybe the changes somehow affected it

SunnyD
Sep 01 2010, 10:39 AM
Thank for the changes, but now today my Bulldozer doesn't work - think it was maybe the changes somehow affected it

Scroll back in this thread you will see that a Moderator has said that the Dev's are aware of this and are working on it.. as with any new updates we have sometimes there are some problems but they do fix them really fast.. the Dev's of Farm Town listen to us and do always come through for us.....

diannevt
Sep 01 2010, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=Raul;3928354]

Earring
Necklace
Ring
Watch

Saving up money so when farm 6!!! comes I'll be able to do the jewelry factory. (kids said "farm 6! we'll never get you off the puter") :)

meinhardt76
Sep 01 2010, 11:03 AM
Love all these new changes thank you for making this game enjoyable.

SunnyD
Sep 01 2010, 11:07 AM
15. Minor Changes: Horse Training Area now allows you to put some horses on it. Alternative views for facilities are now the default on the store, when you purchase them, you can always go back to the previous cartoonish look if you want to.

still unable to add Horses to "Horse Training Arena" have tried getting newly gifted horses, unfreeze animals.... sorry if this is a repeat i did go back in the thread and seems I am the only one that has said anything. thanks guys for the updates... I know you are working on the problems..... just adding my 2 cents is all......

aggiemarinemom
Sep 01 2010, 11:10 AM
i wish to tell yuo that all of the items i lost this morning are back : ) yay! . and now i would like to tell you how i found them so all of you can have a good laugh or at least a chuckel although i wasn't the least bit entertained. i finally bought a new big seeder so i could plant a crop on my farm while i waited for a reply from you and wen i tried to place in on my land it would not sit down in any of the three places i tried (strange ????) so i sent it back to the store and and tried to click where the harvester was sitting and nothing happened but it showed the name so i went to tools and figured out that they and my oil pumps are now considered decorations. lol

Grammy 11
Sep 01 2010, 11:13 AM
:D:D me too

Oops - it didn't last long! Now I am lobbying for more YEAST please!!!!;)

ajones7252
Sep 01 2010, 11:15 AM
The changes are great. I agree withMiz Lisa that the decorations need upgrading. Thanks a million. I do have a question. In the paths section are there ny sidewalks? Again thanks

janabuck@charter.net
Sep 01 2010, 11:16 AM

I have the same problem - on one farm the fuel qty doesn't show up

Simera
Sep 01 2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks for another Upgrade of this wonderful game. :)

I'm afraid to look now . . . erhhh, did you add some "water-all-flower-with-one-click"-item???

I'd love to plant more of the new flowers, as well. But as my farm no.1 takes "forever" to water the flowers, I will wait until the "water-all"-facility is effective. :)

Well, now I'll run over to check if it's there. . .*crossing fingers*

You do a great job with this game, and it's so very social too!
I meet my best friend and my daughter there every day in there, and we small-talk about things we'd never sms or phone each-other for.

Cannot wait for farm no. 6!!

Thanks again.

Regards Simera

Fireball
Sep 01 2010, 11:30 AM
I just LOVE the new facilities..especially the mine which is the best design yet. Cant wait for my diamonds..Dont have any in real life so now I can live a fantasy LOL :) :)

Miz Lisa
Sep 01 2010, 11:30 AM
I love the looks of the mineral mine! :) I have a whole farm devoted to trees, cabin in the woods, mill, furniture factory etc and the mineral mine is a GREAT addition to that farm.

I can't wait to see feedback on the jewelry shop so I can decide if I want one or not. :) :) :)

Sooooo much fun!

obbiechell06
Sep 01 2010, 11:44 AM
I also am questioning this.
Are all facilities capable of changing view now or only when you purchase them in the store?
The ones I have left to change that I already have, have no Switch View option.

First, THANK YOU for the update! It is awesome and I am so excited about the levels and 6th farm coming soon. Second, Can I change the ice cream and confectionery shop views that I already own? I don't see the option

denolee
Sep 01 2010, 11:46 AM
My bulldozer isn't DOING ANYTHING....Nadda!

Duck Duck Goose
Sep 01 2010, 11:47 AM
Looks like slashkey has considered all the "tools" part of the decorations catagory, seeders harvesters plows bulldozer etc are all hiden with the rest of the decorations.

even the oil pump is hidden, which doesnt even belong in the tool section.
the oil pump should be a facility

Duck Duck Goose
Sep 01 2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks for another Upgrade of this wonderful game. :)

I'm afraid to look now . . . erhhh, did you add some "water-all-flower-with-one-click"-item???

I'd love to plant more of the new flowers, as well. But as my farm no.1 takes "forever" to water the flowers, I will wait until the "water-all"-facility is effective. :)

Well, now I'll run over to check if it's there. . .*crossing fingers*

You do a great job with this game, and it's so very social too!
I meet my best friend and my daughter there every day in there, and we small-talk about things we'd never sms or phone each-other for.

Cannot wait for farm no. 6!!

Thanks again.

Regards Simera

and while they are at it, they should do harvest seed plow and fish whole farm with 1 click too.......

GrannyParker
Sep 01 2010, 11:59 AM
Raul, I can;t wait to get everything running! These are wonderful and Debbie, thanks so much for the new flowers. I am now more excited than I was before and am ready to go! Bravo!!!!!:D

Rob T
Sep 01 2010, 12:05 PM
Thankyou so much Raul, great update :) looking forward to trying out all the new goodies heheheh

Queen.of.Clutter
Sep 01 2010, 12:16 PM
OMG !! Thank you !! I am off to check out the new things, and am OVERJOYED at a Farm #6 on the way !!!

Bubba Geouge
Sep 01 2010, 12:21 PM
thanks Raul for the updates

ghostkitten
Sep 01 2010, 12:25 PM
Woohoo...Thanks,...Bought all the new Facilities...Cant wait to get them all going.....:D

Debbie Arnold
Sep 01 2010, 12:26 PM
Thank you very much for another awesome update. Kudos to all of the developers and others that make this such an enjoyable game. I will wait impatiently for that farm #6. LOL

Bratuski
Sep 01 2010, 12:29 PM
OH BOY!!!! More levels & farm 6!!!!!

I'm pacing the floor till it happens........ :D

Queen.of.Clutter
Sep 01 2010, 12:30 PM
Once again, the devs have really been doing some fabulous stuff! I was collecting my production, saw that my fruit cocktail was in a different spot and my brain screamed "UPDATE" and I scampered over to the forum to see what's new. Beautiful new flowers - thanks Debbie! But please add lots of them to the flower shop. The new facilities are awesome, but I think you need to take some of the items we already have and add them to the facilities we already have (ie apricot jam in the preserve factory or dried figs, or granola) - on that note, I have an extensive list (with the ingredients they need) and will be adding it on the suggestions page very soon!

Adding my pleas for a 6th (and 7th, maybe 8th) farm - love the new facilities, but I'm maxed out on space and can't buy any more until I have more space. And I actually spend money to buy FC, so please add more farms, so I can pay you what you so richly deserve!!!!!

** I agree with the additional farms .... LOVE the update, but have no more room! I am so so happy about the 6th one coming, can't wait! I too buy Farm Cash, and will continue to do so !! I do not mind one bit paying for something I so thoroughly enjoy, and contributing to the updates and upgrades of this game. You all DO deserve it !! Thank you again !!

silky
Sep 01 2010, 12:32 PM
Log Truck with Chainsaw,, to me this is a total waste! they should have added an option to have them HARVESTED BY FARMERS IN THE MARKET,, i bet they dont sell to many of these,, i wont but it thats for sure,, pasta???
omg now we need loads more of wheat, i mean we needed loads of wheat before! why add another factory which uses the same crop,
A soup factory would have been way better, look at all the seeds we could have used, even seeds that are not used now for anything,, i am disappointed in this update for sure,, the worst to date!:mad:

swd
Sep 01 2010, 12:36 PM
Just love the new flowers and am glad to be able to buy golf carts.

chinds97
Sep 01 2010, 12:39 PM
life is unfair.

Only took 31 messages for the first complaint about the game being unfair,

i have to agree that adding all of these new items that cost real money are really not fair!
I have tired those stupid things to get the free farm cash and have received none!
I cannot afford to lay out this kind of money all the time maybe it should be with coins a large amount if necessary we all have tons of them just sitting around now <at least i do>.
Adding a 6th farm would be wonderful but how about adding some new levels for us and not a small amount like you keep doing at first it was 20 at a time now you are down to 15 at a time... Really i have triple xp as some people and they are at the same level as me.. Lets make it fun again to reach higher levels like in the beginning ... I know alot of people will agree that we need alot more levels and somewhat of a challenge to reach those levels not just you add new levels bam! We're at it... Why not add like 50 more levels so we can enjoy getting to those higer levels like everyone else does

Queen.of.Clutter
Sep 01 2010, 12:39 PM
Log Truck with Chainsaw,, to me this is a total waste! they should have added an option to have them HARVESTED BY FARMERS IN THE MARKET,, i bet they dont sell to many of these,, i wont but it thats for sure,, pasta???
omg now we need loads more of wheat, i mean we needed loads of wheat before! why add another factory which uses the same crop,
A soup factory would have been way better, look at all the seeds we could have used, even seeds that are not used now for anything,, i am disappointed in this update for sure,, the worst to date!:mad:

Seems you can't please everyone !! My opinion on the Chainsaw is that it is a terrific addition. You don't HAVE to buy it .... in fact, I will probably buy two now, just because you said they won't sell many.

They are adding another farm, so between the Manure and the additional farm, you should be able to produce plenty of wheat.

It just upsets me when the developers work at giving us pretty much everything we want, and instead of gratitude, or even silence (if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all), you have a ton of people *****in' and compainin' .....

Remember, the game is FREE...... and it is not MANDATORY...... a little gratitude to the developers would be nice.

~Tatiana~
Sep 01 2010, 12:45 PM

If you had looked in suggestions, I saw many people suggest pasta or something similar. Soup I could care less about.

~Tatiana~
Sep 01 2010, 12:46 PM
i have to agree that adding all of these new items that cost real money are really not fair!
I have tired those stupid things to get the free farm cash and have received none!
I cannot afford to lay out this kind of money all the time maybe it should be with coins a large amount if necessary we all have tons of them just sitting around now <at least i do>.
Adding a 6th farm would be wonderful but how about adding some new levels for us and not a small amount like you keep doing at first it was 20 at a time now you are down to 15 at a time... Really i have triple xp as some people and they are at the same level as me.. Lets make it fun again to reach higher levels like in the beginning ... I know alot of people will agree that we need alot more levels and somewhat of a challenge to reach those levels not just you add new levels bam! We're at it... Why not add like 50 more levels so we can enjoy getting to those higer levels like everyone else does

Um Raul did say farm 6 AND new levels.

cindya
Sep 01 2010, 12:47 PM
i bought the mineral mine and its not working...it wont let the people work it...

~Tatiana~
Sep 01 2010, 12:47 PM
i bought the mineral mine and its not working...it wont let the people work it...

It's just like the bee hive, oil pump, semi-truck, fish farming plant...costs coins and no one can help :) SO it is working properly.

silky
Sep 01 2010, 12:48 PM
Seems you can't please everyone !! My opinion on the Chainsaw is that it is a terrific addition. You don't HAVE to buy it .... in fact, I will probably buy two now, just because you said they won't sell many.

They are adding another farm, so between the Manure and the additional farm, you should be able to produce plenty of wheat.

It just upsets me when the developers work at giving us pretty much everything we want, and instead of gratitude, or even silence (if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all), you have a ton of people *****in' and compainin' .....

Remember, the game is FREE...... and it is not MANDATORY...... a little gratitude to the developers would be nice.
well that is why we have A FORUM! AND THAT IS WHY WE ALL HAVE OPINIONS and feedback, AND I AM ENTITLED TO MINE JUST LIKE YOU ARE~ so buy as many as you want my dear , happy farming,~~~~~~~~~~~~

Big K
Sep 01 2010, 12:50 PM
Seems you can't please everyone !! Remember, the game is FREE...... and it is not MANDATORY...... a little gratitude to the developers would be nice.

Ain't it the truth! Where else can you spend so many hours 'playing' at absolutely NO cost! Do you smoke? Slack off and buy some FC. Do you drink? One less six-pack or one less bottle - buy some FC. Do you buy premium channels on your cable service? Bet you spend more time on the computer playing FarmTown, so spend your money here instead.

The idea that you feel these developers 'owe' you for playing their game is so ludicrous that I can only shake my head and hope that you find another game to play and quit complaining here... Sorry, but that's MY opinion and from entries here on the forum, it's shared by MANY! So go play somewhere else, as nobody's forcing you to stay here...

silky
Sep 01 2010, 12:50 PM
If you had looked in suggestions, I saw many people suggest pasta or something similar. Soup I could care less about.
soup? lol they could use almost every single seed we have,, lol

dianedrayson
Sep 01 2010, 12:55 PM
Mineral mine

I've just bought it and am somewhat disappointed at the low level of profitability. There's not much return on the coins. Crops bring in a high ratio (over double the expenses) but these minerals only bring a small increase for the money. Buy it for the fun, and if you are prepared to shell out for the jewellery shop. I've just bought that too but can't find any information as to what I will need to manufacture the goods. I'm a bit disappointed with those on offer, frankly. I'd hoped for diamond rings and necklaces and things, not wooden jewellery boxes and photo frames. I look forward to more information being posted in the facilities thread on the forum. I looked there before buying but nothing was there, so went ahead and bought in faith.

Queen.of.Clutter
Sep 01 2010, 12:56 PM
I had to come back and give a huge thank you to Debbie ! The flowers are absolutely gorgeous !! The Bird of Paradise is my favorite, but ALL of them are terrific !! Thank you !

ScottLanter
Sep 01 2010, 12:57 PM

If I were you, I'd just quit playing. That'll show 'em. :rolleyes:

Farmer Rabbit
Sep 01 2010, 01:03 PM
everytime u make an upgrade it is sooo wonderful but there is a backlash for some ...like me...like right now...i just harvested carrots and had my harvester, big seeder and manuer truck on my first farm. for some reason since ur last upgrade, my avatar doesn't harvest all the fields so i have to refresh to clear the screen to plow. when i did tha all my farm equipment disappeared ???? please help me, please. i looked in storage which is where i keep them when not in use and they r not there and i checked my other 4 farms and they r not there either. what in the world ? i did not know where to post this so i put here since it happened right after a new upgrade !!
idk, but here is a suggestion to try since you have already tried refreshing. often, after an update, the game suggests that if you have problems then try uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling/rebooting your flash player. there are links for doing this in the 'farm won't load' section in the very first posts, the posts by the mods. you might try that :) I've done it three or four times over the year. It is easy and often clears up the problem. hope that helps :O Have a blessed day!

Aero 1
Sep 01 2010, 01:05 PM
Excellent update yet again but please please please can we have a quicker way to water our flowers. No neighbours do mine anymore and it takes me ages to water my farms. I would love to purchase some new flowers but I will wait till maybe one day we will have a sprinkler or hose to water them. Thanks again :)

Since update having problems working on my farm getting timed out can only water a couple of flowers then getting timed out and having to reload also bought the mineral mine and it wont let anyone work it. Hope these problems are corrected soon. I have also posted this in the correct place. :)

Lupi
Sep 01 2010, 01:06 PM
This game is the best! Thank you for yet another superb update. I've already bought the four new facilities, even though I can't use the Jewellery one until the Mine coughs up some bling! lol

clogger
Sep 01 2010, 01:18 PM
The flowers are great, Debbie. Thanks so much!

Haven't had time to look at the other updates or buy facilities, but it sounds wonderful. Thanks for all the goodies, and only 3 of the new things are FC. All the rest are coins.

You devs do a great job!!

Betty_Jo_Brown
Sep 01 2010, 01:19 PM
Wow! Can't wait to go shopping!! Thanks Raul and team!! U rock!

Farmer Jennifer Dawn
Sep 01 2010, 01:21 PM

why does it have to be fair? its a game. Life isn't always fair. If it were fair....i would be living much better....but oh well...that is life. Do you complainers about the fairness of this game realize that it COSTS MONEY to run this game? Money that is not a requirement to play. So what there are things that cost money. There are plenty of free stuff too to get along with.

This society (today's world) is built on an "its all about me and what i should get" mentality.

nanniMo
Sep 01 2010, 01:27 PM
My Bulldozer does not work either, but lovely to have all the new facilities and flowers

ButchBowWow
Sep 01 2010, 01:32 PM
I LOVE the new updates! I do have a glitch or two to report in addition to the bulldozer not working. The "hide decorations" option is great but it has a kink or two (not that kink is a bad thing, mind you:p). It hides about 95% of my fences but if I leave the farm and come back they are no longer hidden at all. It hides my black and brown scarecrows but not my jack o lantern scarecrows.

So far, those are the only problems I have encountered.

Thank you all for the hard work you do!

Sallah
Sep 01 2010, 01:37 PM
Thank you Raul, and Debbie!!! New settings and items are great!!! Keep up the great work!

Patiently waiting for farm #6!

pamandpat
Sep 01 2010, 01:41 PM
thanks raul!! finally new flowers! many thanks!

silky
Sep 01 2010, 01:58 PM
Mineral mine

I've just bought it and am somewhat disappointed at the low level of profitability. There's not much return on the coins. Crops bring in a high ratio (over double the expenses) but these minerals only bring a small increase for the money. Buy it for the fun, and if you are prepared to shell out for the jewellery shop. I've just bought that too but can't find any information as to what I will need to manufacture the goods. I'm a bit disappointed with those on offer, frankly. I'd hoped for diamond rings and necklaces and things, not wooden jewellery boxes and photo frames. I look forward to more information being posted in the facilities thread on the forum. I looked there before buying but nothing was there, so went ahead and bought in faith.
oh no you cant say you are disappointed! the poeple on the boards here will smack you,,lol.. we are only allowed to express GOOD AND GRACIOUS COMMENTS, otherwise someone will be mad,,lol lol..

Taz D
Sep 01 2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks Raul!!
I am wondering about the Chainsaw though. I can't seem to get more than 4 in a row of the Oak and only 2 of the Bamboo. Haven't tried it on the Pine or Cinnamon yet. Don't have room yet to put them into complete 4x8 sections. Need that 6th farm very soon for my trees!!

Randall_Lind
Sep 01 2010, 02:01 PM
I am happy :) What will the Multiplower tool do? If Farm 6 is coming I need to get working and finish 2 and 4.

Simera
Sep 01 2010, 02:04 PM
and while they are at it, they should do harvest seed plow and fish whole farm with 1 click too.......

Ohhh nooo! Wouldn't like that, at all!

That's part of the social aspect of the game, while one is working at each others farms, and small-talk while we are doing it. :)

But I have to admit I've bought some of the new flowers, anyway. Even if I told myself to wait for a one-click-waterer. LOL
No-one bothers to water flowers anymore, these days. At least not at my farms.

But please; NOT one-click-harvesting or -seeding, thank you very much. :)

Miz Lisa
Sep 01 2010, 02:09 PM
Mineral mine

I have to agree I was a bit surprised by how little the profit is. However I LOVE how it looks and I LOVE where I put it, so I would have bought it just to decorate.

Grumpa
Sep 01 2010, 02:14 PM

Then why play the game if you only do 1 click. :eek:

Queen.of.Clutter
Sep 01 2010, 02:14 PM
oh no you cant say you are disappointed! the poeple on the boards here will smack you,,lol.. we are only allowed to express GOOD AND GRACIOUS COMMENTS, otherwise someone will be mad,,lol lol..

Now come on, that's not fair. I am sorry if I upset you, but as YOU said, we are all entitled to our opinions. It is just disappointing sometimes after getting an update to hear so many complaints. You know what I mean?? I did not mean to offend you at all. The other Farming game gives only occasional updates, all for their Farm Cash pretty much, and all with MANY MANY glitches... We are VERY lucky here, the moderators monitor what we want, and the developers give us almost all of it .... in a VERY timely manner ! I am truly impressed with this game and how they actually listen to us, aren't you ?

Grumpa
Sep 01 2010, 02:21 PM
If I were you, I'd just quit playing. That'll show 'em. :rolleyes:

Can't quit. If he/she does won't have anything to complain about.

Reta J
Sep 01 2010, 02:22 PM
Thank you so much for a great update! Thanks to Debbie too, the flowers are beautiful! There are even new flowers on the gifts page. I didn't know anything about them until some friends sent me the new pink roses and glads. I love this game it's the best! And new levels and farm 6 coming! I can hardly contain myself lol

Grumpa
Sep 01 2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks Raul!!
I am wondering about the Chainsaw though. I can't seem to get more than 4 in a row of the Oak and only 2 of the Bamboo. Haven't tried it on the Pine or Cinnamon yet. Don't have room yet to put them into complete 4x8 sections. Need that 6th farm very soon for my trees!!

I get 32 bamboo. pine & cinnamon in 4x8 groups.

the oak are only 16 in a 4x4 group. ERROR make that 2x4 group for 8 trees.

looking at the highlighted area on the oaks, it seams to be the same size as the other 3.

Still 8 at once is better then 1 at once

jareed42
Sep 01 2010, 02:29 PM
I love it ALL!!! I've already bought, bought, bought! What about a restaurant that served dinners like, chicken or beef and required mashed potatoes, cole slaw, green beans, etc. Just a thought!

Johan De Pla
Sep 01 2010, 02:32 PM
The new bulldozer (white) which deletes 4 fields at a time does no longer work. Pls fix this.
Thanks
Johan De Pla

luddy
Sep 01 2010, 02:33 PM

My big bulldozier will not work either :(

Randall_Lind
Sep 01 2010, 02:33 PM
They need to integrate the Log truck and seeder in to the tool icon. Besides that I am so darn happy my Birthday is in 8 days and this is a awesome gift.

Sallah
Sep 01 2010, 02:39 PM
Cant wait for my diamonds..Dont have any in real life so now I can live a fantasy LOL :) :)

me, too!! :)

Miz Lisa
Sep 01 2010, 02:40 PM
The new bulldozer (white) which deletes 4 fields at a time does no longer work. Pls fix this.
Thanks
Johan De Pla

Earlier in the thread, this was addressed. The Devs are working on it.

jsbh821
Sep 01 2010, 02:46 PM
FarmTown just keeps getting better and better!! Thanks for all the new things!! Keep up the good work!!

Farmer Rabbit
Sep 01 2010, 02:47 PM
Wow, Debbie, the flowers are all lovely. The pansies just jump off the page with color & depth. The pink zinnas are a lovely color addition, but the irises & bird of paradise are unusual and a delight to have. Both of the later have special meaning for me. The irises are very much a part of Louisiana. So my Plantation Gumbo has already benefited. Cannot wait to see them bloom :) Perhaps I will plant some next to my oil pump that is trying to save the Louisiana coast from an oil spill ;) LOL.

Look forward to hearing more about the mineral mine & jewelry production. Thanks for the new choices Devs.

silky
Sep 01 2010, 02:52 PM
Now come on, that's not fair. I am sorry if I upset you, but as YOU said, we are all entitled to our opinions. It is just disappointing sometimes after getting an update to hear so many complaints. You know what I mean?? I did not mean to offend you at all. The other Farming game gives only occasional updates, all for their Farm Cash pretty much, and all with MANY MANY glitches... We are VERY lucky here, the moderators monitor what we want, and the developers give us almost all of it .... in a VERY timely manner ! I am truly impressed with this game and how they actually listen to us, aren't you ?
well. i have played this game since march of 09,, i believe when it came out, it was gr8 from the start, then it had a very very long "boring" period where there was never an update. then from the time they added levels to 90 it picked up speed, and is very enjoyable to me or i still wouldn't be playing obviously, but what you may like as an update i may feel it falls short. that is why slashkey has a forum, to hear from players whether good,bad or indifferent,. if they only heard good things then they would never improve or add or update,,CORRECT? ,,

did you read all the other 152 comments, there are plenty of opinions ,good and bad

michellemfowler
Sep 01 2010, 02:56 PM
I have been searching for a menu on the new fac. today. I would like to see the profit on the items that they make before I purchase them. Does anyone know where to look? I have looked in a few different places and have had NO luck.. Thank you..

moravia
Sep 01 2010, 02:57 PM

the oak are only 16 in a 4x4 group.

looking at the highlighted area on the oaks, it seams to be the same size as the other 3.

Still 16 at once is better then 1 at once

If you are very patient w/ oak trees and paths you can get them squished together to get 4X8

Check out farm #3 for an example.

Ditto that fences are still having trouble being and staying hidden.

Reta J
Sep 01 2010, 03:01 PM

the oak are only 16 in a 4x4 group.

Still 16 at once is better then 1 at once

I can only get 8 oaks at a time, I must be arranging them wrong or something :(

Farmer Rabbit
Sep 01 2010, 03:02 PM
I have been searching for a menu on the new fac. today. I would like to see the profit on the items that they make before I purchase them. Does anyone know where to look? I have looked in a few different places and have had NO luck.. Thank you..
I noticed several ppl have commented in this thread that they have purchased the new facilities. Go to one of their farms to view the facility & to see the values inside. If their farms are not linked, then use the forum to send them a private message asking to see their farms. Surely they will comply :) Also, I have gone to the marketplace asking who has a particular facility. Someone usually does. I click them then go ck it out :) Hope this helps!

ebonywyverndragon
Sep 01 2010, 03:09 PM
NEW FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
Freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much!
*hops up and down
Debbie - u da BOMB!! :D

*goes off to plant ............

essexboy
Sep 01 2010, 03:13 PM
thanks sooooooooooooo much slashkey and crew for a great update. I just love the decorations tab being split up, as my one gig computer could not handle all the stuff that tab had and usually just froze up.

ready for mountains, hills and patches of sea. thanks devs and the person who made the flowers.sorry cant remember her name....was it deb.....er thanks anyway.

Tiger
Sep 01 2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks again Devs ( and Debbie for the flowers :)), very pleased with the look of all of these designs, so glad i invested in the manure spreader, going to really need it now tiill farm 6 gets here. Big Hugs to all involved x

BlackVelvet1992
Sep 01 2010, 03:47 PM
Has anyone noticed the big bull dozer is not working? Also has anyone figured out why some people click your link to work the factories and it doesn't allow them to work in the factories it just takes them to their farm. My husband's has been that way since it came out, I sent a help message but never got a response. thanks Heather

Grammy 11
Sep 01 2010, 03:48 PM
My name is Grammy11 and I am a FarmTown addict.

Silky, let me comment on your colorful statement that I LOVE the chain saw, wouldn't give it up. Now, if I could give my sushi factory away I would do so in a heartbeat!

Happy farming!!!

michellemfowler
Sep 01 2010, 03:53 PM

I noticed several ppl have commented in this thread that they have purchased the new facilities. Go to one of their farms to view the facility & to see the values inside. If their farms are not linked, then use the forum to send them a private message asking to see their farms. Surely they will comply :) Also, I have gone to the marketplace asking who has a particular facility. Someone usually does. I click them then go ck it out :) Hope this helps!

ok, thank you. But still if someone has a list that is somewhere would u please either post it here, private message or send it to my farm.. WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED..

Tamblyne
Sep 01 2010, 03:54 PM
Awesome! Thanks for all the kewl stuff! :-)

Chelsea J.
Sep 01 2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks again for the update. Great work once again by the devs on this great game! The new flowers add a lot of different flavors to the game and lots of decorations to the game! I love them all! There are SO many new ones to pick from, it's hard to know which ones to use to decorate my farms! The new decorations are fabulous and the new alternative farm selection is great. The newly designed factories are much more professional looking - a total home run!
The tree chopper is a great idea, but again, WHY does it have to cost so much FC to get these things??? I find it hard to get that much cash and it bothers me that people want me to pay real money to play a FREE game??? Same with the jewelery factory and the pasta restaurant... why give us the basic factories to make new, excellent products, and then charge THAT Much for something extra to be able to use that I make. I find that quiet an offensive rip-off of my time and money... as I don't have a lot as I am a student in school.
That said, the factory ideas are WONDERFUL and they are a lot of fun to have to add to my farm. Thanks for the new developmests and hte hard work. Cannot wait for Farm #6 and more levels... thanks devs... :D :D :D

pamandpat
Sep 01 2010, 04:29 PM
Wow, Debbie, the flowers are all lovely. The pansies just jump off the page with color & depth. The pink zinnas are a lovely color addition, but the irises & bird of paradise are unusual and a delight to have. Both of the later have special meaning for me. The irises are very much a part of Louisiana. So my Plantation Gumbo has already benefited. Cannot wait to see them bloom :) Perhaps I will plant some next to my oil pump that is trying to save the Louisiana coast from an oil spill ;) LOL.

Look forward to hearing more about the mineral mine & jewelry production. Thanks for the new choices Devs.

i know farmer rabbit i was so excited to see the new flowers! you are right about the irises! i am from south louisiana and i have them planted everywhere!

samsmum
Sep 01 2010, 04:40 PM
Awesome update!
How did I know that this would happen just after I redesigned farm #1 lol
At least with Farm #6 on the way and the fertilizer in use I can start using Farm #2 for something other than crops :/

ponygirl22
Sep 01 2010, 04:50 PM
Awesome! Can't wait for farm 6! Thanks so much.

Sallah
Sep 01 2010, 05:01 PM
I find it hard to get that much cash and it bothers me that people want me to pay real money to play a FREE game???

Farmtown IS free. Your choice to use specialty items that are not required to advance or earn money is what costs. It is your choice to purchase or not. Other games you HAVE to purchase items to advance; Farmtown's developers have been able to give us great items for coins that let anyone be as successful as the next guy.

Thank you again developers for a great game!

BrittanysMom05
Sep 01 2010, 05:11 PM
My Big Bulldoser does not work now either. I move it over harvested fields and it doesnt work, I move it over plowed fields and it will delete them. :(

Hornyroo
Sep 01 2010, 05:11 PM
woot woot minefeild - another item off my wishlist!!! - ty devs!!!

bruhelmboldt
Sep 01 2010, 05:12 PM
Alas! Another use for wheat. I just can't grow enough wheat. If only (wrings hands and sobs) the wheat was one-for-one instead of two-for-one. Alack! (What does alack mean, anyway?) ;^)

Granny Bev
Sep 01 2010, 05:13 PM
I love the new stuff. You guys just keep making it better. I had to quit 2 other FB games to have enough time to play FT. Thanks!!

Sallah
Sep 01 2010, 05:13 PM
Woops...just found another snafu... the fishing boat hides with the decorations, so you can't hide the items along your river and still fish using the boat.

Can you take the Tools out of the decoration category now, and then give us a Show Tools option with the next upgrade?

MaryLouW
Sep 01 2010, 05:14 PM
Farmtown IS free. Your choice to use specialty items that are not required to advance or earn money is what costs. It is your choice to purchase or not. Other games you HAVE to purchase items to advance; Farmtown's developers have been able to give us great items for coins that let anyone be as successful as the next guy.

Thank you again developers for a great game!

You're right, Farmtown IS free... and it's a choice to buy extras or not to buy. I have several friends who have played as long or longer than I have and they have not purchased a single item that requires Farm Cash. They can get the items needed for the facilities they purchased with coins by working for other farmers and by helping to speed up production for facilities. I have played this game longer than any other game in my entire life.. and it's FUN!!

If you don't have Farm Cash, you can earn it by trying some of the free offers. I've gotten as many as 7 FC in one evening.. then I just delete whatever app I installed to get it. So, you're not boxed in where you HAVE to buy items that require FC. This is the best free game around!!

Grammy 11
Sep 01 2010, 05:15 PM
Alas! Another use for wheat. I just can't grow enough wheat. If only (wrings hands and sobs) the wheat was one-for-one instead of two-for-one. Alack! (What does alack mean, anyway?) ;^)

Archaic used to express regret, surprise, dismay, etc. Origin: a(h) + lack. a·lack

Pray tell, what am I missing? Why would one for one be an improvement over 2 for 1?

Sallah
Sep 01 2010, 05:15 PM
My Big Bulldoser does not work now either. I move it over harvested fields and it doesnt work, I move it over plowed fields and it will delete them. :(

The developers are aware of the bulldozer issue. I am sure a fix will come along rather quickly.

Sallah
Sep 01 2010, 05:16 PM
Archaic used to express regret, surprise, dismay, etc. Origin: a(h) + lack. a·lack

Pray tell, what am I missing? Why would one for one be an improvement over 2 for 1?

I am missing it, too, Grammy. Not sure what is different about the wheat than any other crop...??

Pisces4444
Sep 01 2010, 05:18 PM
The new flowers are GORGEOUS!!!!! Thank you!

Corn Cob Pete
Sep 01 2010, 05:30 PM
It's a bit early to make many comments on the manure spreader but I really think it is going to be a great addition to the game. My first fertilized crops will be coming in shortly. Not many people have commented on it, but it looks like it will essentially double the size of our farms. So instead of 5 farms, we now have the equiv. of 10. To me, that's much better than adding farm number 6 (not that I don't want it also). This should REALLY help with the need for more wheat, tomatoes, etc. I may be wrong, but I think the manure spreader is going to end up being the best item in the game (as far as bang for your buck).

As a side note, I read everyone's opinion and am glad we all get to express ourselves, but I just don't get how anyone can be serious when they claim this game is unfair because the devs want to charge for some things. As someone pointed out earlier, it is mostly the top level items that cost real money. You can still play for free, you just can't do everything. You can grow grapes and make wine and make a profit, but it cost real money to age it and make the biggest profit. Same thing for oil, minerals, pasta, seafood, textiles, etc., etc. The FC items are LUXERIES. Without them, you can still advance to max levels and make more coin than you could ever spend. What wouldn't be fair is if there was no added benefit (higher profit margins) for those that did spend real money. Then people would have a valid complaint and would quit playing for sure (not just threaten to quit -- but actually quit). As it is now, they don't charge FC for a facility until an item has gone through a couple layers of production, but I get the idea that even if they added several more layers of production to an item before finally charging FC for the last facility, the same people would still complain that it is unfair that they can't do it all for free. For example, if they changed the wine cellar to a coin purchase, and added a wine shop that cost FC , there would still be complaints that it was unfair.

Also, the notion that jacking up the coin cost for an item (rather than charging FC) is not a valid point. It doesn't matter if they charged 100,000 or 10 million for a facility, in the eyes of the devs, it is still a free item and they don't make any money, and they go out of business, and none of us would have this awesome game to play.

So, it may be disappointing to some that everyone can't do everything in this game for free, but it certainly is not UNFAIR. And I absolutely agree with a previous poster about being creative to get real money to buy FC items. Cut back on the cigs, cable, cell phone, eating out, SHOPPING, snacks, junk food, etc. Get a friend to give you some FC facilities for your birthday. That's what I did for my mom. I spent 40 bucks on some FC and sent her a bunch of the new facilities as her birthday gift. Same could be done with Mother's/Father's Day, Vanlentines Day, Christmas, etc. BE CREATIVE. THINK OUT OF THE BOX before you complain that this game is unfair and that the devs should give ALL of their hard work away for free.

BeccaK
Sep 01 2010, 05:32 PM
I'm just loving the new additions today. The pasta factory and restaurant are terrific and I especially like the jewelry factory ;-). I also like the other new changes like the menu going away while working. Can't wait for farm#6 :-)

SunnyD
Sep 01 2010, 05:32 PM
Woops...just found another snafu... the fishing boat hides with the decorations, so you can't hide the items along your river and still fish using the boat.

Can you take the Tools out of the decoration category now, and then give us a Show Tools option with the next upgrade?

But.... you can click on each decoration item individually just as you can the buildings and hide each you need to... and when you refresh that farm they can be seen again.....

bruhelmboldt
Sep 01 2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird

I am missing it, too, Grammy. Not sure what is different about the wheat than any other crop...??

Thanks, GS. Two-for-one takes two fields to get one unit of wheat. One-to-one get one unit of wheat per field. And we need SO-O-O-O-O-o-o-o-o much wheat for the many facilities that use it . . .

MrLosli
Sep 01 2010, 05:36 PM

Agreed.. Whats up with the bulldozer?

Randall_Lind
Sep 01 2010, 05:45 PM
I think the big bulldozer should delete 4 of everything Trees, fields etc doesn't matter. So basically it should be yellow one x 4 take all the restriction.

Also the chainsaw is awesome but it doesn't seems to cut down any more then 6 at a time. Still a heck faster.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1620425232&farm_ix=2

What am I doing wrong?

stroquat
Sep 01 2010, 05:48 PM
Very Pretty Debbie!!

Thanks Raul.. another question though.. are you going to increase the storage area? :)

Ginasue1
Sep 01 2010, 05:51 PM
Thank you so very much Raul and Ash for these new things.

Grammy 11
Sep 01 2010, 05:58 PM
"That's what I did for my mom. I spent 40 bucks on some FC and sent her a bunch of the new facilities as her birthday gift. Same could be done with Mother's/Father's Day, Vanlentines Day, Christmas, etc. BE CREATIVE. THINK OUT OF THE BOX before you complain that this game is unfair and that the devs should give ALL of their hard work away for free. "

May I be your mama too? :)

mitamata
Sep 01 2010, 06:01 PM
I'm a little disappointed with the update. And glad at the same time.

Disappointed because so many new things are sold for FC. Glad because I have no room for the new facilities anyways, so it's better that I can't afford to buy them :o

And very glad for the new flowers, especially the pink ones. Love them! I planted a couple of every new flower to see how they look when grown, looking forward to it. Though the art seems a bit... well, I'll have to see what they look like on the farm, but in the shop they look almost as though somebody took a photo of them and then edited out the surrounding. I think I prefer the design of the older flowers, they seemed to fit better with the rest of the game.

cindi611
Sep 01 2010, 06:12 PM
Hey There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 13 New Flowers: 10 in the store and 3 in the gift page. All flowers were created by Debbie (a FarmTown player and community member) and donated to the FarmTown game, many thanks to her.

2. Log Truck with Chainsaw (FC): Allows you to chop up to 32 trees at a time, it works very similar to the treeshaker tool.

3. Default Farm Selection: When clicking on the farm title text, you will see a new checkbox in that window to select that current farm as your default farm. The default farm will be the farm where you and your friends will be landing on when visiting you.

4. Show Decorations: We added this new option to the Option Window (top right tool icon) to make it easier for you to hide all decorations at once, including fences.

5. 'Decorations' category restructured: The store 'Decorations' category have now been divided in 5:

Farming Decor - All decorations that you would naturally expect to see in a farm
Motion - All items with a purpose or transportation of humans or any other stuff. Previous giftable fathers day items like golf carts, ATV and hot rods have been added to this category
Fun - All items with a fun purpuse. All fathers day sport items have been added to this category
Other - The rest of the old 'Decorations' category. Previous mothers day sculptures have been added to this category and to the Topiaries

Earring
Necklace
Ring
Watch

Spaghetti
Macaroni
Fettuccine
Linguine
Lasagne

Caprese Salad
Caesar Chicken Salad
Garden Salad
Macaroni and Cheese
Spaghetti with Meatballs
Seafood Linguine
Meat Lasagne

10. Tomato Sauce: Some Pasta Dishes requires Tomato Sauce which you can now make in the Food Preserver Factory.

11. Multitools and the 'Remove space between fields' setting: From now on, all multitools (except for the multiplower to be completed for the next release)will work as expected independent on the 'Remove space between fields' setting, before, setting/unsetting that option could make your multitools only do one field at a time for a while.

12. When hiring others, incorrect crop count on storage for fertilized crops: This bug should now be fixed, no need to refresh the game anymore to see the correct count.

14. Harvest, Plow and Tool vertical toolbars now dissapear when you select a tool and start working.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Could you please add something in the facilities that are not used for some fish right now. Grouper, Haddock, yellowtail, and the others. I have tons in storage and nothing to do with it. Thx for all your work

ImTznU
Sep 01 2010, 06:12 PM
It's a bit early to make many comments on the manure spreader but I really think it is going to be a great addition to the game. My first fertilized crops will be coming in shortly. Not many people have commented on it, but it looks like it will essentially double the size of our farms. So instead of 5 farms, we now have the equiv. of 10. To me, that's much better than adding farm number 6 (not that I don't want it also). This should REALLY help with the need for more wheat, tomatoes, etc. I may be wrong, but I think the manure spreader is going to end up being the best item in the game (as far as bang for your buck).

As a side note, I read everyone's opinion and am glad we all get to express ourselves, but I just don't get how anyone can be serious when they claim this game is unfair because the devs want to charge for some things. As someone pointed out earlier, it is mostly the top level items that cost real money. You can still play for free, you just can't do everything. You can grow grapes and make wine and make a profit, but it cost real money to age it and make the biggest profit. Same thing for oil, minerals, pasta, seafood, textiles, etc., etc. The FC items are LUXERIES. Without them, you can still advance to max levels and make more coin than you could ever spend. What wouldn't be fair is if there was no added benefit (higher profit margins) for those that did spend real money. Then people would have a valid complaint and would quit playing for sure (not just threaten to quit -- but actually quit). As it is now, they don't charge FC for a facility until an item has gone through a couple layers of production, but I get the idea that even if they added several more layers of production to an item before finally charging FC for the last facility, the same people would still complain that it is unfair that they can't do it all for free. For example, if they changed the wine cellar to a coin purchase, and added a wine shop that cost FC , there would still be complaints that it was unfair.

Also, the notion that jacking up the coin cost for an item (rather than charging FC) is not a valid point. It doesn't matter if they charged 100,000 or 10 million for a facility, in the eyes of the devs, it is still a free item and they don't make any money, and they go out of business, and none of us would have this awesome game to play.

So, it may be disappointing to some that everyone can't do everything in this game for free, but it certainly is not UNFAIR. And I absolutely agree with a previous poster about being creative to get real money to buy FC items. Cut back on the cigs, cable, cell phone, eating out, SHOPPING, snacks, junk food, etc. Get a friend to give you some FC facilities for your birthday. That's what I did for my mom. I spent 40 bucks on some FC and sent her a bunch of the new facilities as her birthday gift. Same could be done with Mother's/Father's Day, Vanlentines Day, Christmas, etc. BE CREATIVE. THINK OUT OF THE BOX before you complain that this game is unfair and that the devs should give ALL of their hard work away for free.

I could not have said it better and more repectful!! Very nicely put.

AprilCrisp
Sep 01 2010, 06:15 PM
i've had a pretty frustrating, troublesome day, but this new release put a smile on my face. :) (...okay, okay, so I'm easy to please :D )

Tom C
Sep 01 2010, 06:22 PM
My bulldozer will not do anything either.

janisil
Sep 01 2010, 06:26 PM
New things are great but my big bulldozer is NOT working. What is wrong?

Jaided
Sep 01 2010, 06:30 PM
I love the new updates, and I love this game and have been playing a long time.. But SERIOUSLY? Adding something else that requires tomatoes?? I never have enough for the ONE facility that requires them. Even if I plant 4 full farms worth I have enough to load most of my facilities for one day. :( I am really disappointed in that. :(

Thank you all for your hard work, I truly love all the new updates... I just wish some things could be improved on... like Tomato...

ImTznU
Sep 01 2010, 06:36 PM
Thank you all so much for sharing your appreciation for the flowers. I truly enjoyed doing them and hope that Raul will allow me to do some other decorations etc...

Raul is a most kind and patient person, Thank you, Raul and your wonderful team!!

I wish to say that without a doubt this game far exceeds any other free game out there with fine attention that Raul and the Devs offer. It is so easy to see that they actually care and listen to the ideas and the feedback positive and negative. The response time to fixing bugs and glitches is unbelieveable. I would like to also remind people <at the risk of being redundant to other posts) There is no twitch of the nose to make this game happen. A serious amount of time and energy goes into providing us all with hours and hours of FREE entertainment. There are not many things in life that are perfect or fair to ALL. The one thing that is consistent and the same to all is " the freedom of choice" I do believe it is relatively simple, if you get more pleasure than pain from something we choose to do it as goes the opposit. The creators and ones who maintain this game should not be expected to be completely selfless by giving all their own time and dollars to provide all our entertainment needs. When you repect the time and commitment of others you could only have praises for Raul and his Team for what they graciously offer here. How many of us can say we so freely give of our time and dollars to entertain so many? HATS OFF TO THE FARM TOWN CREW!!!! Your coin to FC ratio and the amounts set for items is more than incredibly FAIR to US, I am not so sure it's fair to you! LOL

Again Thank you all for praises on the flowers and to Raul for giving me the pleasure of making them!! Hope all continue to enjoy.

Happy Farming!! ~ Debbie~

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1013794750&farm_ix=Y

LoreneC
Sep 01 2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks for posting Debbie! Your flowers are awesome!

Lavenda
Sep 01 2010, 06:49 PM
thanks devs... there still isn't hobbit holes on the building tab but I can now make The One Ring :D

merianb
Sep 01 2010, 06:49 PM
Thank you all so much for sharing your appreciation for the flowers. I truly enjoyed doing them and hope that Raul will allow me to do some other decorations etc...

Raul is a most kind and patient person, Thank you, Raul and your wonderful team!!

I wish to say that without a doubt this game far exceeds any other free game out there with fine attention that Raul and the Devs offer. It is so easy to see that they actually care and listen to the ideas and the feedback positive and negative. The response time to fixing bugs and glitches is unbelieveable. I would like to also remind people <at the risk of being redundant to other posts) There is no twitch of the nose to make this game happen. A serious amount of time and energy goes into providing us all with hours and hours of FREE entertainment. There are not many things in life that are perfect or fair to ALL. The one thing that is consistent and the same to all is " the freedom of choice" I do believe it is relatively simple, if you get more pleasure than pain from something we choose to do it as goes the opposit. The creators and ones who maintain this game should not be expected to be completely selfless by giving all their own time and dollars to provide all our entertainment needs. When you repect the time and commitment of others you could only have praises for Raul and his Team for what they graciously offer here. How many of us can say we so freely give of our time and dollars to entertain so many? HATS OFF TO THE FARM TOWN CREW!!!! Your coin to FC ratio and the amounts set for items is more than incredibly FAIR to US, I am not so sure it's fair to you! LOL

Again Thank you all for praises on the flowers and to Raul for giving me the pleasure of making them!! Hope all continue to enjoy.

Happy Farming!! ~ Debbie~
Well said Debbie. Great job on the flowers. I'm still hoping to get some people to populate our farms. Might you be working on something like this?

SallyL
Sep 01 2010, 06:53 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love the new facilities, love the chainsaw truck, love the changes. New levels and a 6th farm coming? *swoons*

PlantMyRedTulips
Sep 01 2010, 06:56 PM
The flowers are adorable!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pansies especially! I also love the addition of the pasta facilities... it is nice to know that this application truly is a beta program and that the feedback we provide is taken into consideration. It makes the game seem more like a community than just an application on that level.

I am quite positive a lot of creativity and work goes into making these happy happy joy joy additions and the effort to continue to improve is greatly appreciated.... the only thing I "Could" complain about is having a tomato basil garlic sauce but.. I won't as I remind my foodie crazy homecoookin' Eyetalian self that this is a game!

Sallah
Sep 01 2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird

Thanks, GS. Two-for-one takes two fields to get one unit of wheat. One-to-one get one unit of wheat per field. And we need SO-O-O-O-O-o-o-o-o much wheat for the many facilities that use it . . .

I am still not understanding what you are saying... I plant a wheat field, I get a wheat in my storage, unless I fertilized and then I get two wheat in my storage for that one wheat field planted. Are you saying you don't?

Sallah
Sep 01 2010, 07:00 PM
But.... you can click on each decoration item individually just as you can the buildings and hide each you need to... and when you refresh that farm they can be seen again.....

True Sunny....you get something new to play with and you forget the old tricks!

lcswdonna
Sep 01 2010, 07:00 PM
I really love hiding the decorations. I was able to add hundreds of fields under boulders, etc. The best part was going around and picking up all the dirt paths left under rocks on the water. I had no idea there were so many hiding there.

MUFFYSUE
Sep 01 2010, 07:03 PM
same issue here, i can't use my bulldozer

iryssa
Sep 01 2010, 07:12 PM
I have a big bulldozer parked on each of my 5 farms, none of them are working today. 3 of my neighbors are having the same problem. Love the upgrades. I'm sure y'all will have the bulldozer problem fixed asap. Thanks!

SallyL
Sep 01 2010, 07:14 PM
Ain't it the truth! Where else can you spend so many hours 'playing' at absolutely NO cost! Do you smoke? Slack off and buy some FC. Do you drink? One less six-pack or one less bottle - buy some FC. Do you buy premium channels on your cable service? Bet you spend more time on the computer playing FarmTown, so spend your money here instead.

The idea that you feel these developers 'owe' you for playing their game is so ludicrous that I can only shake my head and hope that you find another game to play and quit complaining here... Sorry, but that's MY opinion and from entries here on the forum, it's shared by MANY! So go play somewhere else, as nobody's forcing you to stay here...

Amen!!!

Kudos to Debbie for the flowers. They're beautiful. Thank you for all your hard work, too.:-)

we3wmn
Sep 01 2010, 07:17 PM
Since the update I have lost all my tools, seeders, plowers, fertilizers, oil pumps, please I am dead in the water...have tried everything I can think of....please please help!

Farmer_Susan
Sep 01 2010, 07:21 PM

Love this post. :) Just wanted to add my thanks. AWESOME stuff! The chain saw has been on my wish list for a looooong time.

I noticed others have commented on the big bulldozer no longer working - that's been happening on my farms, too. Everything else is awesome.

Hessel
Sep 01 2010, 07:28 PM
Love the new updates. With 5 farms I have my facilities and crops balanced out. I really want to buy and try more factorys, but I have to be able to grow more crops to use them.
What we really need are more farms. I'm willing to buy more farm cash and have bought a lot in the past. I totally love the game, but I need land. I know there are peeps who will say that we shouldnt ask for more farms. But to be honest, if people will pay for them, why not offer them? Thanks for the best game/sim on the planet!

SPOTSROCK
Sep 01 2010, 07:34 PM
how do we produce silver and gold..?

love all the new stuff , looking forward to the new farm to add more plots now that i have added more factories.. :)
oh and thanks for letting us use coins for some of the things... yes i know after i make pasta ... i need to make spagettii... * with fc.. lol

Ginasue1
Sep 01 2010, 07:34 PM
I'm upset with the new update. Why you ask? See I've been doing flowers all over my farm since they first had flowers, and now with 10 more. Where do I put them. I mean I love the new ones, but I don't want to get rid of any of my old ones, just for the new ones.

Juwalalce
Sep 01 2010, 07:35 PM
Love the new stuff. Can we now have a place to put the cats? Or maybe some rabbit holes to hide the bunnies in? Or maybe a furrier where we could make rabbit pelts and then you could add rabbit coats or hats to the sewing facility.

Sallah
Sep 01 2010, 07:41 PM
how do we produce silver and gold..?

love all the new stuff , looking forward to the new farm to add more plots now that i have added more factories.. :)
oh and thanks for letting us use coins for some of the things... yes i know after i make pasta ... i need to make spagettii... * with fc.. lol

Purchase the Mine using coins.

SunnyD
Sep 01 2010, 08:06 PM
Since the update I have lost all my tools, seeders, plowers, fertilizers, oil pumps, please I am dead in the water...have tried everything I can think of....please please help!

you probably clicked to hide decorations..... look in preferences and click show decorations.............

cavesquig
Sep 01 2010, 08:08 PM
I got me a chainsaw now :D

Corn Cob Pete
Sep 01 2010, 08:09 PM
I am still not understanding what you are saying... I plant a wheat field, I get a wheat in my storage, unless I fertilized and then I get two wheat in my storage for that one wheat field planted. Are you saying you don't?

Maybe they are talking about it taking 10 wheat to produce 5 flour (2:1) and it would be better if it took 5 wheat to produce 5 flour (1:1). Or even better, 5 wheat to produce 10 flour (1:2).

Corn Cob Pete
Sep 01 2010, 08:13 PM
Love the new updates. With 5 farms I have my facilities and crops balanced out. I really want to buy and try more factorys, but I have to be able to grow more crops to use them.
What we really need are more farms. I'm willing to buy more farm cash and have bought a lot in the past. I totally love the game, but I need land. I know there are peeps who will say that we shouldnt ask for more farms. But to be honest, if people will pay for them, why not offer them? Thanks for the best game/sim on the planet!

Use the manure spreader to double the output of your fields. Essentially, that's like having 10 farms. When they add the 6th, that will be like having 12.

Ginasue1
Sep 01 2010, 08:15 PM

Aren't they nice to have?

YourManRod
Sep 01 2010, 08:18 PM
Why are the tools listed as decoration and when you uncheck the show decorations the tools are gone too. How are we suppose to use the tools when we hide the decorations. Some messed up and I hope they fix it soon. Thank You

SunnyD
Sep 01 2010, 08:19 PM
OH no that is right a chain saw now?? We will not be able to tolerate Tony D now...... LOL

Sallah
Sep 01 2010, 08:19 PM
I'm upset with the new update. Why you ask? See I've been doing flowers all over my farm since they first had flowers, and now with 10 more. Where do I put them. I mean I love the new ones, but I don't want to get rid of any of my old ones, just for the new ones.

Me, too! I am waiting for #6 so I can move most of #1 to it, and then almost all of my Garden can be, well, Garden!!!!

Rob T
Sep 01 2010, 08:23 PM
Why are the tools listed as decoration and when you uncheck the show decorations the tools are gone too. How are we suppose to use the tools when we hide the decorations. Some messed up and I hope they fix it soon. Thank You

You'd be better off posting into the suggestions part of the forum. :)

Ginasue1
Sep 01 2010, 08:32 PM
Sallah, since I took the advice of the Dev's and stopped putting plots under my trees, I now have my trees in groups, and between them are my flowers on my Orchard farm.
So on the new farm we get, will make sure that the new flowers will be on there someway, somehow, and I'm wondering when we will get to make things with them in the FLOWER SHOP

jmickeydee53
Sep 01 2010, 08:43 PM

Me too, and I'm not happy about it. Fix the Bulldozer!!!!

Corn Cob Pete
Sep 01 2010, 08:45 PM
Just harvested my first farm that was fertilized. It worked great. I had about 900 squares of sugarcane planted and I got about 1800 from the harvest. The worker I hired didn't indicate one way or the other if he got double pay, so I don't know how things worked from that end.

Also, when I plowed and replanted, the farm is still fertilized just like it is supposed to be. So, especially with fast growing crops, you can get multiple plantings/harvests from one fertilization. Each fertilization is supposed to last 3 days. 50 pigs in a sty will get you 300 manure over a three day period. That will let you fertilize 6 farms (with each farm staying fertilized for 3 days). So, though the manure spreader is expensive, it is very efficient and worth every penny of the cost.

Oh yeah, if I understand correctly, as long as you fertilize before you harvest, your crop output will double. So, I think the best strategy would be to fertilize right before you harvest. That way the fertilization will last longer than if you fertilized as soon as you planted.

FrantheFarmer
Sep 01 2010, 08:54 PM
Great update. :)
I especially LOVE the improved drop-down-box options on the Storage items. Sooooo much easier when I go to Market!

Thanks!

Bev 123
Sep 01 2010, 08:54 PM
since the update my bulldozer is not working

marwahr
Sep 01 2010, 08:55 PM

I'm having the same problem ... don't understand why it's doing this. :confused:

Otherwise, I'm one happy farmer and I'm loving ALL the new stuff. Thanks for this update. Can't wait for the next one. :D

Janette Doherty
Sep 01 2010, 08:58 PM
will we be able to hire to chop down trees in the future like fishing...

AnnaG
Sep 01 2010, 09:00 PM
I want to say that I appreciate the new updates. The only problem is the big bulldozer doesn't appear to work since the latest update. Just wanted you to be aware...

DARLENEW
Sep 01 2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks, Raul....the updates are fantastic!!!! You get better and better!!! Can't wait for farm 6....love the new flowers, they are gorgeous!!! Good work and much appreciation for the hard work!!! KUDOS TO YOU!!!!:):)

Phugrwe
Sep 01 2010, 09:04 PM
Big bulldozer doen't work for me either.

Whit’s Wifey
Sep 01 2010, 09:12 PM
I LOVE the new flowers...I LOVE the new factories...I LOVE the organization of the decorations...and I LOVE that we can now hide fences! It's all fantastic! :D

Is there any chance of getting an alternate view for the Sugar Refinery, Dairy Processing Plant, and the Ice Cream Factory? That would be fantastic! They just don't match the new beautiful versions of the other factories. :)

Thanks again! ;)

Farm Town Rocks! :D

SunnyD
Sep 01 2010, 09:29 PM
oh my goodness.... you can now water flowers on neighbors farms when you are there to work their facilities ... Thank you for that new addition............... we will love this..........

1fritz
Sep 01 2010, 09:30 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! :D This is great got to try the new stuff...may have to quit my real job to keep! You folks are the best:D:D:D

Sallah
Sep 01 2010, 09:30 PM
Oh yeah, if I understand correctly, as long as you fertilize before you harvest, your crop output will double. So, I think the best strategy would be to fertilize right before you harvest. That way the fertilization will last longer than if you fertilized as soon as you planted.

Actually, you can fertilize when your crops are at 99% grown and you will get the double crop. I don't fertilize every three days, but every 5-6.

I think the best use it to plant short term crops during the first two and a half days, then a long term crop. Replant a long term, but don't fertilize until right at the end, then do short term crops again.

And, your workers earn twice as much, as well.

La Suzette
Sep 01 2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks, I do love the new stuff. I hope you'll hold off a while on the new levels, though, they seem to be coming too quickly and, at some point, you'll run out, right? Let's delay that inevitable day. Love the new fleurs and grateful that you split up the decorations, it was hard to look through all of them

Sallah
Sep 01 2010, 09:32 PM

The forum needs a "Like" button! :D Enjoy!!!

Karensekishiro
Sep 01 2010, 09:33 PM
Where did the wagon in the market go? Standing on the barrel meant success in being hired!

LynneCH
Sep 01 2010, 09:42 PM

Me too! when will they work again?

soon, please xxx

CynthiaSue
Sep 01 2010, 09:49 PM
Is there someplace that explains exactly how the chainsaw works. I really dislike chopping down trees, but 40 is alot of farmcash and don't want to buy it if I'm not going to like it. How do you arrange the trees? Can you only do one type of tree at a time? Is it hard to use? I don't have the tree harvester so can't really compare it to that.

Grammy 11
Sep 01 2010, 09:57 PM
Is there someplace that explains exactly how the chainsaw works. I really dislike chopping down trees, but 40 is alot of farmcash and don't want to buy it if I'm not going to like it. How do you arrange the trees? Can you only do one type of tree at a time? Is it hard to use? I don't have the tree harvester so can't really compare it to that.

I love it. Just run it over the trees and it takes several at a time. The best part is not having to zero in on the exact right spot for the bamboo. It takes me less than half the time and I run over all different trees at a time, no special grouping, I can crowd them even more because I won't miss any. It doesn't take many oak trees at once but it does the job.

joyanvg
Sep 01 2010, 10:03 PM
My big bulldozer isn`t working either. Please fix it. Great new items too, especially like the new flowers, hope to see more flowers used in the flower shop.

Texas Belle
Sep 01 2010, 10:13 PM
Hey There,

Earring
Necklace
Ring
Watch

Spaghetti
Macaroni
Fettuccine
Linguine
Lasagne

Caprese Salad
Caesar Chicken Salad
Garden Salad
Macaroni and Cheese
Spaghetti with Meatballs
Seafood Linguine
Meat Lasagne

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

WAHOOOO, The best news is the farm 6, THANKS RAUL AND COHORTS, you are much appreciated.

lilchar
Sep 01 2010, 10:43 PM
"Horse Training Area now allows you to put some horses on it."

I can't get any horses "on it", they walk under it.

I do love the new flowers & the jewelry store...I don't care whether I make money on it or not, it's cute.

islandbabs
Sep 01 2010, 10:45 PM
Great updates!
But...... please come out with farms 6 & 7 soon.... everything needs wheat, and even with the manure spreader I am hard pressed to keep up, plus now I have to plant more trees. Also - as I am maxed out for levels, and have over 200 million coins, and 108 FC just begging to be spent.... I need something to be worked for, that's half the reason I quit the other farm game to come here....
So please, more & more & more farmS - please pretty please!

lilchar
Sep 01 2010, 10:47 PM
will we be able to hire to chop down trees in the future like fishing...

They gotta leave something for the farmer to do themselves...next people will want others to plants seeds.:eek:

Robinski
Sep 01 2010, 10:52 PM
:eek:School has started and I can't farm as much! :(HELP! Lesson plans or FT... Correcting papers or FT... which should I do?:cool:

(Thank you for the update.. yeah!):)

LeeClements
Sep 01 2010, 11:00 PM

:) I agree, I could not have said it better
And to all the people with the inop. bulldozers THEY ARE WORKING ON FIXING IT.

bluehair
Sep 01 2010, 11:11 PM
yay thanks for the new facilities

will have to wait till next payday before I can get the chainsaw manure spreader and tree shaker

oh and is there a chance of a 6th farm I need more land :) please thank you

dottyF
Sep 01 2010, 11:14 PM
Great update. The only thing I dont like is its hard to sell diamonds. :)

MaryLouW
Sep 01 2010, 11:15 PM

I got the manure spreader the first day it came out and believe me, it's well worth the FC paid for it. One of my farms has nothing on it other than a seeder and harvester so that's over 1000 plots. When fertilized, that means I get 2000 and when it comes to tomatoes, wow! It is so nice to see that many of any crop in my storage! I was able to max out all my facilities without running out of tomatoes for the first time!!!

It's also a good incentive when hiring people in the market place. I make sure and tell them the crop is fertilized which means double coins/crops for them. I have no problem getting people to harvest low-paying crops at all!

I really don't need a 6th farm now but.. I'll take it anyway!

Farmer Jennifer Dawn
Sep 01 2010, 11:18 PM

great post...ive come to the conclusion that i really really hate the word "unfair". If life was fair, there'd be no wars, no homeless, no starving people, no pain, no violence.......

Farmer Jennifer Dawn
Sep 01 2010, 11:19 PM
:eek:School has started and I can't farm as much! :(HELP! Lesson plans or FT... Correcting papers or FT... which should I do?:cool:

(Thank you for the update.. yeah!):)

lesson plans......what do you teach?

speedmonkey
Sep 01 2010, 11:22 PM
There is absolutely nothing unfair about having items that require Farm Cash. The people that work their butts to create and update this game deserve to be paid for a game that you and everyone else plays for free. If you choose not to buy or earn Farm Cash that is a choice. I have earned well over 200 FC and not had to spend a dime. I have spent money on the game but that too is a choice. I think that the developers deserve every bit of the money that those of us who CHOOSE to spend the money can get. The hundreds and hundreds of man hours that goes into keeping this game new, fun, and entertaining are well worth a few bucks every month or so. When you really think about it you probably spend at least a little bit of money every month on other entertainment. Is it unfair that you have to pay to go see a movie or eat dinner at a restaurant? Most people don't think twice about doing things like that to entertain themselves and in most cases you get nothing more than what you pay for. This game GIVES all of its players all kinds of things for FREE. They GIVE players Farm Cash for every level that they EARN, there are many, many more items that can be bought with coins that the player is GIVEN just for playing the game, with those coins there are a great number of things that you can get for FREE in reality because you did not spend any real money to get them, and on top of all of the other stuff that they GIVE us, they also ask for our input and bust their butts to give us the stuff we ask for. If anybody really wants to get technical about this game being unfair it should be those people that give up time with their families, miss holidays, and spend countless hours working to give us what we want! There is no way that it is unfair to any player. You, me, Joe Blow down the street, and Billy Bob two blocks over are all given the same options on how we want to acquire Farm Cash. We can CHOOSE to buy it, EARN it buy playing the game, or EARN it by spending the extra little bit of time that it takes to go through and do anyone of the FREE offers that are there for EVERYONE to take advantage of. Since we all have the same options on how to acquire the things that we want (not need because everything can be sold for a value, regardless of its level of processing) there is NO way that it is unfair. If you, me, Joe Blow, and Billy Bob were not all provided with those same option then the word unfair might have application in this game but as it is the only reason that it could even remotely be seen as unfair is that people CHOOSE not to spend the money but feel that they have a right to everything that they want regardless of needs to be done to get it.

For anyone that is unsure of how to EARN extra FC for FREE here is the link to the page that allows us all many opportunities to EARN as much Farm Cash as we are willing to work for! EARN FARM CASH OR COINS (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/offers/)

Rant over!! :)

To the developers and creators of the great new items,

Thank you again for adding such wonderful new stuff for those of us that love the game. You time and effort are much appreciated and I thank you for asking for our input and actually listening to what the people want! Thank you in advance for adding new levels and providing us with even more space to expand our game and imaginations!

Taz D
Sep 01 2010, 11:25 PM
For new levels, I seriously hope you are considering adding 50 or so this time. The small amounts you have added in the past means a lot of people have gone from one top level to the next with no challenge to get there.
Also at this point please raise the number of experience points needed per level. Once you have gotten to level 100 or more, with 5 farms, a lot of neighbors to help and numerous facilities it is just too easy to get 10,000 or more per day. I think it should be 25,000 to 50,000 per level at this point.

speedmonkey
Sep 01 2010, 11:31 PM

AMEN, could not agree more. If you don't like it don't play! For every one person that wants to whine and complain about the game there are ten others that would love to take up your space on the server! Feel free to go play any other farming game and see if you can get stuff that is half as cool or functional for that matter.

earlgray
Sep 01 2010, 11:31 PM

I think what the person meant to say is that it takes two fields of wheat to make one unit of flour (2:1). It would be nice if it only took one field of wheat to make one unit of flour (1:1) - like sugarcane and sugar. It's also the case that it takes two fields of corn to make one unit of corn flour, but more products in the facilities require wheat than corn, so you hear more laments regarding the wheat.

speedmonkey
Sep 01 2010, 11:33 PM

Curious: I can't send out minerals for help harvesting?

The mineral mine works just fine. It functions just like the oil derricks, the fish farm, and the semi-truck. Place your order wait till it produces. They are not designed to be worked in by your neighbors.

speedmonkey
Sep 01 2010, 11:38 PM
Excellent update yet again but please please please can we have a quicker way to water our flowers. No neighbours do mine anymore and it takes me ages to water my farms. I would love to purchase some new flowers but I will wait till maybe one day we will have a sprinkler or hose to water them. Thanks again :)

Since update having problems working on my farm getting timed out can only water a couple of flowers then getting timed out and having to reload also bought the mineral mine and it wont let anyone work it. Hope these problems are corrected soon. I have also posted this in the correct place. :)

The mineral mine is not designed to be to let anyone work in it so it is working the way it is supposed too.

If you need someone willing to water flowers let me know. I actually enjoy watering flowers and often go see all of my neighbors just for that reason.