PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- September 17th, 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Sep 17 2010, 06:51 PM
Hey There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes. Some bug fixes were already launched last week.

1. 20 New Levels: 40+ New items all in coins added to the Buildings, Farm Decor, Motion, Furniture, Other and Fun categories. Some items that were not really Buildings are now on the Farm Decor and Fun categories.

2. Farm 6: Here are the prices in coins, prices in FC remains the same, 40FC the 12x12 Farm and 20FC each additional upgrade.

12x12 Farm: 6,000,000
14x14 Upgrade: 3,000,000
16x16 Upgrade: 4,000,000
18x18 Upgrade: 5,000,000
20x20 Upgrade: 100,000,000
22x22 Upgrade: 200,000,000
24x24 Upgrade: 300,000,000

3. Mobile Sprinkler (FC): Allows you to water all flowers in a farm with one click. You can also use it to water your neighbours' flowers and earn coins and XP. You earn 1000 coins and 3 XP every time you water your neighbours' flowers. You earn 3XP when you water your own flowers, but it will cost you 1000 coins . You can use the sprinkler once per day.

4. You can now Hire others at the market to chop your trees.

5. Some tools are not required to be present on the farm, they could be on your item storage as well, no need to move them out back to the farm to use them.

6. Avatar not interfering with farming: When farming and your avatar get's in the way and you click over it, it will be as if the avatar wasn't really there.

7. 2 billion coins limit removed: You can now safetly pass the 2 billion coins mark in the game without issues.

8. Can't work on a neighbour facility issue: This has been corrected according to most feedback we have received. Also, some users had the 'Farmer Friends' tab empty on the send gifts page, this should have been fixed as well.

9. The farming issues when Decorations were hidden should be fixed now. Hiding fences should work much better now as well.

10. 3 New crops: Mustard, Wasabi and Vanilla.

11. Paper Mill (coins): Allows you to produce Paper, Cardstock and Paperboard out of the Pine log Piles you get by chopping your Pines.

12. Ink Factory (coins): Allows you to produce Soy Based (environment friendly) Multi-Colored Ink out of the soybeans and natural plant dyes.

13. Printing and Packaging Facility: Allows you to make products by printing on paper and textiles. It can also produce paper based packaging products:

Lined Notebook
Wallpaper
Calendar
Playing Cards
Egg Carton
FarmTown T-Shirt

14. Spice Factory: Allows you to produce spices...

Chili Powder
Mustard Seeds
Vanilla Powder
Wasabi Paste
Poultry Seasoning
Seafood Seasoning

Enjoy!

--Raul

Tony D
Sep 17 2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks Raul and the Team :D

Ginasue1
Sep 17 2010, 06:52 PM
Thank you so much Raul and all the Dev's

kazzaqld
Sep 17 2010, 06:53 PM
:D:D:D:D

Woohoo!!

thefish36
Sep 17 2010, 06:55 PM
Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!

debc75
Sep 17 2010, 06:56 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DO!!! Not trying to yell...just trying to make it apparent how thankful I am for this great game and the people behind the scenes who work so hard to bring us awesome updates(most of them asked and asked and begged etc for,lol) and fix the glitches. THANK YOU!, now I am off to play with the new toys,lol. Been waiting almost 3 weekd for this!

servocrow
Sep 17 2010, 06:56 PM
WOOT!!!! I'm going to have a blast!! Thanks!!

debc75
Sep 17 2010, 06:57 PM
that would be weeks,nnot weekd. Can't even type i am so happy.*dancing around the room* my girls think I am nuts,lol

ghostkitten
Sep 17 2010, 06:58 PM
Wohoo..,,,,Thank you so much..,.

DLeach
Sep 17 2010, 06:59 PM
Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!

crafty chris
tyvm for my long awaited farm 6 .... and of course the other stuff :)

Grumpa
Hey There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes. Some bug fixes were already launched last week.

1. 20 New Levels: 40+ New items all in coins added to the Buildings, Farm Decor, Motion, Furniture, Other and Fun categories. Some items that were not really Buildings are now on the Farm Decor and Fun categories.

2. Farm 6: Here are the prices in coins, prices in FC remains the same, 40FC the 12x12 Farm and 20FC each additional upgrade.

3. Mobile Sprinkler (FC): Allows you to water all flowers in a farm with one click. You can also use it to water your neighbours' flowers and earn coins and XP. You earn 1000 coins and 3 XP every time you water your neighbours' flowers. You earn 3XP when you water your own flowers, but it will cost you 1000 coins . You can use the sprinkler once per day.

5. Some tools are not required to be present on the farm, they could be on your item storage as well, no need to move them out back to the farm to use them.

6. Avatar not interfering with farming: When farming and your avatar get's in the way and you click over it, it will be as if the avatar wasn't really there.

7. 2 billion coins limit removed: You can now safetly pass the 2 billion coins mark in the game without issues.

8. Can't work on a neighbour facility issue: This has been corrected according to most feedback we have received. Also, some users had the 'Farmer Friends' tab empty on the send gifts page, this should have been fixed as well.

9. The farming issues when Decorations were hidden should be fixed now. Hiding fences should work much better now as well.

11. Paper Mill (coins): Allows you to produce Paper, Cardstock and Paperboard out of the Pine log Piles you get by chopping your Pines.

12. Ink Factory (coins): Allows you to produce Soy Based (environment friendly) Multi-Colored Ink out of the soybeans and natural plant dyes.

13. Printing and Packaging Facility: Allows you to make products by printing on paper and textiles. It can also produce paper based packaging products:

Lined Notebook
Wallpaper
Calendar
Playing Cards
Egg Carton
FarmTown T-Shirt

Chili Powder
Mustard Seeds
Vanilla Powder
Wasabi Paste
Poultry Seasoning
Seafood Seasoning

Enjoy!

--Raul

On great dev. team. you are the peach of my eye.

Can't ask for more, weel maby farm 13, 14, & 15 if it isn't to much to ask for. :)

Grumpa
Sep 17 2010, 07:02 PM
At least I didn't ask for farm 7. ;)

bubba_bugz
Sep 17 2010, 07:03 PM
Awesome Stuff thanks Raul and team

GrannyParker
Woooooo Hoooooo!!!!! I will see everyone in a while, got to get busy,
Thank you thank you Raul!!!!!!:)

StoneFace
well, the first 6th farm is now bought and paid for.... and still have most of a billion left over to buy stuff.... wooo hoooo

now on to the next account and more dirt to buy.:D

Farmer Jennifer Dawn
Sep 17 2010, 07:04 PM
woohoo! and i just got my computer back today too! Had gotten a nasty horrible no good bad virus. Checked the real estate office at about 5pm and nothing wow!

onamission
Sep 17 2010, 07:05 PM
Thankyou! *is at your feet kissing em* lol

This is the first time I've actually been on my farm when the new release came through and it was a blast! I have to have a lot of bed rest, so here I was in my bed with my legs waving around in the air doing a happy dance! hahaha

tree101457
Sep 17 2010, 07:08 PM
WOOHOOOO I am so having fun!! thanks for all the fun hours of play!!! What a great game I am an addict and was waiting patiently ( hehe NOT) for farm 6 as I had over a billion coins and needed more room and things to do as I play all day! LOL Happy Farming everyone!

Bratuski
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

Now, all you have to do is allow me to hire workers for the Mineral Mine!!! :D

Rob T
Thankyou so much raul and all the developers.... great work :)

Ginasue1
Sep 17 2010, 07:09 PM
Already got all the new facilities, got them on farm 4 and 5, now I have this blank field for me to get ready to make another show place

Shifter225
Whoohoo! Thanks for all the new goodies! *happy dances* FarmTown Dev's are the best! you all rock! I love this game.

Happy Farming! I have some shopping to do.

tree101457
At least I didn't ask for farm 7. ;)

lmao we will soon i am sure :D

Grumpa
Sep 17 2010, 07:10 PM
Time to work the Marketplace for pineapples and the other high paying crops only.

Think not will work all crops. and then I can pay for farm 6 24x24.

Texas Star
Sep 17 2010, 07:12 PM
Thank you! Any luck in getting us paid for selling the flower plants (not harvested flowers) so we can make room for new ones?

With all of the new facilities an expansion in the number of harvest/product items allowed in storage would be very helpful!

You are doing a great job. Thanks for the new levels and farm 6!

Begonia Wildwind
Sep 17 2010, 07:13 PM
Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!

marwahr
Sep 17 2010, 07:14 PM
WOW I feel like I died and went to FT heaven! Thanks for all the neat stuff. *happy dance* Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Mrs Borgies
Sep 17 2010, 07:16 PM
Tell ya what, you guys get better and better at what you do.

I think I am in love with the Mobile Sprinkler. I do water my neighbours flowers and after a test run I know I am going to use it often. A huge thank you for allowing us to water our neighbours flowers. :D

We need a 'rock' smiling face because as I always say YOU ROCK!!!

calicofarmer
Sep 17 2010, 07:17 PM
WOW! I think this is my favorite update. Off to get my charge card...:) What to buy, what to buy...or should that be what not to buy? I'm so happy about the one click watering of the flowers....

Hornyroo
Sep 17 2010, 07:23 PM
omg... ty ty ty

jas10286
Sep 17 2010, 07:25 PM
Way Cool Raul.... Thanks for the expansion levels and 6th farm and goodies!!!!!!:)

Miz Lisa
Sep 17 2010, 07:27 PM
I don't think I've ever seen the Realtor's office so crowded. lol
Thank you once again. :)

Mrs Mags
Sep 17 2010, 07:28 PM
Thank you so much for these updates...You Guys rock!!!

garden ho
Sep 17 2010, 07:31 PM
I was in the middle of harvesting and got a message that i "leveled up" - I don't remember the last time i got that message and went straight to the forum to find the latest update notice - then straight to the realtor's office to purchase all upgrades to farm 6! WOOO HOOO! now off to see exactly what all the other features are :) was soo excited I skipped completely over all the rest of the stuff !

SallyL
Sep 17 2010, 07:33 PM
I just came on to check some crops and found out I'd gone up 20 levels. Yeah!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

LoreneC
Sep 17 2010, 07:37 PM
All looks like fun!

Thank you!

valuesforless
Sep 17 2010, 07:37 PM
Yay!!! Thanks Guys! Keep up the great work

lcswdonna
Sep 17 2010, 07:39 PM
I almost watered all the flowers this afternoon, even after I knew there was an update, but too busy to check it out. The best tool I could ever imagine is the automatic waterer. It will change how many flowers I plant, and they will never wilt again. So happy, I never thought I could get this into a computer game. I love it. I am planning (someday when I have all long-term crops planted and all facilities maxed out) to write on the social ramifications of Farmtown. Everything that has been written and aired has been negative. I don't just want to extoll its vitues, but look at the changes it makes to the social networks that users have vs non-users. It is also interesting how excited I am by this update. Woo Hoo!

SunnyD
Sep 17 2010, 07:39 PM
Uh oh i am in sooo much trouble i got to go take my Wanted Poster down LOL

lcswdonna
Sep 17 2010, 07:43 PM

Does anyone know where to find which tools? And how to use them?

valuesforless
Sep 17 2010, 07:44 PM
Love the 6th farm as well...just need to save 100.000.000 to upgrade to 24 x 24

LadyLen
Sep 17 2010, 07:49 PM
not yelling...AWESOME, WHOO-HOO, WOOT WOOT, FABULOUS, EXCEPTIONAL, WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL, YES, YEAAAAAAA, ETC. you guys rock!
I do want to say I type in caps majority of the time as my eyesight is bad but I am making concentrated effort to not do it anymor. I LOVE YOU DEVS!!!!!!!

Rob T
Sep 17 2010, 07:53 PM

Does anyone know where to find which tools? And how to use them?

It's referring to all the harvesting tools.... for example keep your shaker in storage, and use it on all farms.

JAS0643
Sep 17 2010, 07:53 PM
I love all the new stuff can't wait to play with it. I had guessed that farm 6 would cost 200 million total but over 600 million nevered crossed my mind. I guess that is one way to stop people from asking for another farm anytime soon.

dorissau
Sep 17 2010, 07:54 PM
YIPPEE!! What fun!! You guys are genius!!

SunnyD
Sep 17 2010, 08:05 PM
thing i wonder is ok?? can you use the sprinkler for flowers one time per 20 hours?? or just one time per day on a particular farm?? did i miss something?

JKB
Sep 17 2010, 08:11 PM
AHA! The plot thickens, eggs come from chickens! :D

ellshere
Sep 17 2010, 08:13 PM
thing i wonder is ok?? can you use the sprinkler for flowers one time per 20 hours?? or just one time per day on a particular farm?? did i miss something?

Ah the thinks I things I do for our members.

I just bought the sprinkler and used it to water my flowers. It is rather cute, makes like a rain fall on the farm. I then clicked on the green man and then back on the sprinkler, I received a message stating "A farm can only be watered once per day". To me that says you can water each farm once per day and to date "per day" has always been a Farm Town day which is 20 hours.

levarti2
Sep 17 2010, 08:17 PM
Woo Hoo ... thanks!!!!!!! we love you.

garden ho
Sep 17 2010, 08:18 PM

I just bought the sprinkler and used it to water my flowers. It is rather cute, makes like a rain fall on the farm. I then clicked on the green man and then back on the sprinkler, I received a message stating "A farm can only be watered once per day". To me that says you can water each farm once per day and to date "per day" has always been a Farm Town day which is 20 hours.

I just used the sprinkler on friends' farms and it is AWESOME!!! you move it to your farm, then use the "clone" feature for friends. Click on it and chose water, you will see the little "in use clone" and then just go to a friends farm to tend. Click anywhere in the farm and you will water all flowers. It lets you know if there are no flowers on that farm. No need to refresh, no need to rewater, just go from friend's farm to friend's farm. .. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! :D (did i mention that i love it???) really wish there was a smiley for a jumping up and down clapping!

SunnyD
Sep 17 2010, 08:21 PM

Ell you are just so cool..... did you try it on a neighbors farm after ? lol am I a pest or what???

kristaky
Sep 17 2010, 08:25 PM
always love new stuff!!! :) my favorite game!

Hornyroo
Sep 17 2010, 08:25 PM
that sprinkler is so cool!!!

Angel7
Sep 17 2010, 08:26 PM
Thank you, Thank you for the church

Irish355
Sep 17 2010, 08:27 PM
I'm doing the happy dance and echoing the whoots going on here!! Thank you, I was getting a little bored, but I'm excited again. I love all the upgrades Raul. Thanks to you and all the devs!

WillowTreeFarm
Sep 17 2010, 08:28 PM
Thank you for the great update!! Love the new buildings; school, church, fire & police stations, bank & library. We really can make a farm "town" now.

Phanny
Sep 17 2010, 08:31 PM
one click watering of our own and others farms is just the BEST! Thanks heaps guys.

ellshere
Sep 17 2010, 08:33 PM
Ell you are just so cool..... did you try it on a neighbors farm after ? lol am I a pest or what???

Nah not a pest at all Sunny.

Check the post just above yours that I am quoting looks like garden checked it out for us and it works swimingly.

PaulaJTM
Sep 17 2010, 08:38 PM
Thank you!!!! Thank you!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Gembira
Sep 17 2010, 08:39 PM
I heart you to death. Thank you soooooo much. I had no idea some peeps out there had 2 billion plus coins! I am impressed!

Witch Hazel
Sep 17 2010, 08:41 PM
My harvests aren't showing up in my storage. What could be the reason?

Soozy
Sep 17 2010, 08:41 PM
So the way I understand Tools now, we only need 1 Harvester for all farms?
We don't need 1 for each farm, so if I have 5 I can sell 4 of them?

jeanieNGMsfarm
Sep 17 2010, 08:43 PM
So the way I understand Tools now, we only need 1 Harvester for all farms?
We don't need 1 for each farm, so if I have 5 I can sell 4 of them?

i have been using just one for awhile.. when im harvesting one farm if i leave the tool up and go to another i can harvest there as well. unless they changed something else with it and it does more then that now

Soozy
Sep 17 2010, 08:45 PM
Any word yet when the rest of the facilities will be able to be changed to the newer view?
Got 3 that look very out of place. LOL
Awesome upgrade!

Texas Belle
Enjoy!

--Raul[/QUOTE]

THANKS RAUL, want to know what I named my 6th farm? AT LAST

YOU'LL ARE ANGELS IN DISGUISE... THANKS THANKS THANKS

suemack
Thank you guys!!!

garden ho
Sep 17 2010, 08:51 PM
Thank you for the great update!! Love the new buildings; school, church, fire & police stations, bank & library. We really can make a farm "town" now.

I never ever check the buildings for new ones - thank you so much for your post - went out and got them all - had to get them one by one and then put them in storage for another round of redecorating :) - so much to do - so little free time! :)

garden ho
Sep 17 2010, 08:52 PM
Enjoy!

--Raul

THANKS RAUL, want to know what I named my 6th farm? AT LAST

YOU'LL ARE ANGELS IN DISGUISE... THANKS THANKS THANKS[/QUOTE]

LOL - I named mine "WHOOOO HOOOOO!"

katupatree
Sep 17 2010, 08:55 PM
thank you, thank you, thank you, I love FT, thank you

Lavenda
Sep 17 2010, 09:00 PM
~*does happy dance*~ ~*dashes off to check out the new stuff!*~

SunnyD
Sep 17 2010, 09:02 PM
i have been using just one for awhile.. when im harvesting one farm if i leave the tool up and go to another i can harvest there as well. unless they changed something else with it and it does more then that now

the tools that are under your "Tools" .. the area where the Scythe is.. the harvester, tree shaker , flower harvester... you only need the one. just put it in storage and you can click on the "Tool" in the bag and use it on any of your farms..... try it to be sure it is working properly on your farm.... no need to go back the farm you keep that tool on .. you can't do it with the "Big Seeder" or the "Big Bulldozer" (far as i have been able to attempt this) not yet i am sure they will find a way to change that one day.......

SunnyD
Sep 17 2010, 09:06 PM
Has anyone bought the Chapel yet?? does it have a cross on the building any where..... ??

Old Goat
Sep 17 2010, 09:07 PM
24x24 upgrade.... finally!!!! something I can't afford! :D
Welp... off to work I go!:cool:

Ginasue1
Sep 17 2010, 09:15 PM
Has anyone bought the Chapel yet?? does it have a cross on the building any where..... ??
Got it, and no it doesn't have a cross on it.

jrmoon
Sep 17 2010, 09:15 PM
how do you use the sprinkler on neighbor's farm's? I used it on all my farms first and then went to go do neighbors but its not in the toolbox, trying moving that didn't work either, thanks for the help

Momthebomb191
Sep 17 2010, 09:24 PM
RAUL YOU ROCK!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

SunnyD
Sep 17 2010, 09:28 PM

Thanks Ginasue..... we don't have crosses on our church wonder how they knew to make a chapel as well as a church. just goes to show how cool FT Dev's are..........

Big K
Sep 17 2010, 09:29 PM
RAUL, I think I LOVE you!!!!!! Checked the Real Estate Office just before I left work at 5PM and thought 'maybe tomorrow...' but something made me come in check my computer at home and LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!!!!! :eek:

Y'all are simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G... THANK YOU!!!!! :D

jeanieNGMsfarm
Sep 17 2010, 09:34 PM
the tools that are under your "Tools" .. the area where the Scythe is.. the harvester, tree shaker , flower harvester... you only need the one. just put it in storage and you can click on the "Tool" in the bag and use it on any of your farms..... try it to be sure it is working properly on your farm.... no need to go back the farm you keep that tool on .. you can't do it with the "Big Seeder" or the "Big Bulldozer" (far as i have been able to attempt this) not yet i am sure they will find a way to change that one day.......

ahhh thank you... i dont have any of those so i wasnt paying attention lol

jesdreher
Sep 17 2010, 09:36 PM
*Love* all the new buildings!! No idea how I'm going to make them all fit, but where there's a will there's a way.

bcmcats
Thank you for the updates! Is anyone having trouble fertilizing Farm 6? I don't seem to be able to use the move function to move to six the way I can with the other farms.

slashdot
Well time to get the charge card out and finish getting the 6th farm all updated. Then I am going to spend the weekend redoing all my farms. I love the sprinkler for the flower (since I have like a million). And the rest of the updates are great. I have almost completely stopped playing FV because Farm Town is so much more fun with all the facilities and things you can do. Thanks devs...you are the best.

Pustekuchen
Sep 17 2010, 09:38 PM
how do you use the sprinkler on neighbor's farm's? I used it on all my farms first and then went to go do neighbors but its not in the toolbox, trying moving that didn't work either, thanks for the help

yes..please help...tried the same thing...how does it work on a neighbor's farm??

Otherwise, I'm tickled to death with the new release :)))

LoreneC
Sep 17 2010, 09:41 PM
Thank you for the updates! Is anyone having trouble fertilizing Farm 6? I don't seem to be able to use the move function to move to six the way I can with the other farms.

I had to move where my manure spreader is kept on the original farm, then I could fertilize farm six. My farm six is only a 22 x 22 and where it would have cloned on farm six does not yet exist.

Just move it away from the edge and it should work fine.

Rob T
Sep 17 2010, 09:42 PM

Click on the sprinkler, and select irrigate, then click on your neighbor in the bar at the bottom of the game, then when you get to your neighbors farm, click the sprinker again.

Mitipants
Sep 17 2010, 09:43 PM
I love all the new stuff. I swear farm 6 will just be pretty. I swear. Really. lol

BobcatTchai
Sep 17 2010, 09:50 PM
Once more Raul and the team have delivered the goods and then some. Brilliant effort and much appreciated all round I'm sure :)

FarmTown remains the #1 FB based game, and I believe daylight just took over in second.;)

TVC
Sep 17 2010, 09:55 PM
please and thank you...

Farmer Jennifer Dawn
Sep 17 2010, 09:58 PM
Picked a great day to get my computer back!
ive been without for almost a week. Only a few of my crops survived. the 4 day crops. Now im trying to build up to get the last expansions for #6 and am trying to empty out my factories so that i can move them to #6....
Love the church! thanks

speedmonkey
Sep 17 2010, 10:07 PM
It's referring to all the harvesting tools.... for example keep your shaker in storage, and use it on all farms.

Wooooo Hooooo! I love this!

LoreneC
Sep 17 2010, 10:07 PM
Click on the sprinkler, and select irrigate, then click on your neighbor in the bar at the bottom of the game, then when you get to your neighbors farm, click the sprinker again.

Does it water all their farms at once?

speedmonkey
Sep 17 2010, 10:08 PM
I love all the new stuff can't wait to play with it. I had guessed that farm 6 would cost 200 million total but over 600 million nevered crossed my mind. I guess that is one way to stop people from asking for another farm anytime soon.

My sister has already got her 6th farm completely upgraded to a full 24x24! :eek:

melizabeth5
Sep 17 2010, 10:10 PM
I was feeling really down in the dumps today...NOT ANYMORE!!! The very best game around!

speedmonkey
Sep 17 2010, 10:13 PM
My harvests aren't showing up in my storage. What could be the reason?

Try refreshing. If that does not work please post a help request in the Help & Support section of the forum. There is an Official Thread there that will get you help faster. You will also need to provide a link to your farm so that a mod can come and help you troubleshoot the issue. Instructions for linking your farm will be included in the bottom of this post.

Happy Farming :)

Rob T
Sep 17 2010, 10:18 PM
Does it water all their farms at once?

no, you will have to go from farm to farm and water them

speedmonkey
Sep 17 2010, 10:34 PM
Thank you again for another wonderful update. Each one is better than the last. Everytime we think it can't get better it does! Off to go shopping!

FT Rocks!

FatGoat
Sep 17 2010, 10:44 PM

Well, firstly thanks a trillion for updates with the 6th farm. :D

Can anyone clarify on the above update? What tools can be kept in the storage without move them out in the farm? I just tried the tree shaker but it did not work. Thank you.

Farmer Rabbit
Sep 17 2010, 10:47 PM
What fun to explore :D Kudos & thanks!

Texas Belle
Sep 17 2010, 10:47 PM

I bought the church Sunny and it is beautiful, it goes great with the new farm house...
I love all the new things, and already upgraded to 24x24 on AT LAST (farm 6th)
Think i am going to give all my farms songs name, lets see what I come up with... I know farm one should be Beging the Beging (sp ?) Maybe I should check the correct spelling, lol

Rob T
Sep 17 2010, 10:55 PM

Can anyone clarify on the above update? What tools can be kept in the storage without move them out in the farm? I just tried the tree shaker but it did not work. Thank you.

All harvesting tools work, i tried the tree shaker from storage, and it works fine for me.

FatGoat
Sep 17 2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks Rob.
Hopefully one day, FT developers can do the same for seeder, fishing boat...

dottyF
Sep 17 2010, 11:04 PM
What are the spices used on?

Rob T
Sep 17 2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks Rob.
Hopefully one day, FT developers can do the same for seeder, fishing boat...

May i suggest you post that idea into suggestions so the developers will see it?

Rob T
Sep 17 2010, 11:11 PM
What are the spices used on?

At the moment, profit :)

Charo
Sep 17 2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks devs!

Lady Roo
Sep 17 2010, 11:31 PM
I don't seem to be able to load the paper mill.I have plenty of pine lumber but it shows 0 can be loaded in the mill? any ideas plz?

Rob T
Sep 17 2010, 11:35 PM
I don't seem to be able to load the paper mill.I have plenty of pine lumber but it shows 0 can be loaded in the mill? any ideas plz?

It requires pine logs, not lumber :)

Mrs Borgies
Sep 17 2010, 11:36 PM

Hi, After watering my own flowers, I clicked on a neighbours farm and the clone followed me from farm to farm. All I had to do was click on the friends farm then it rained and I moved onto the next neighbour with the clone in tow. Click on the farm and so onto the next. Watered every farm that I could find with flowers! :D

Tipka
Sep 17 2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks, Raul and dev team...dancing happy dance :D

Sprinkler is so cool, I just watered several neighbours farms, I like the raindrops effect.

With all cool new stuff I have one complaint. I don't like the look of new factories. My paper mill doesn't look very good and the ink factory looks like a church. I know some people didn't like modern look of facilities so now we can change the look. I don't care so much, because I hide the ones I don't like behind trees. But I would never expect to buy a facility with patched roof, now that's not old look. Oldish or modern, I like my facilities to look in good shape and well cared off.

Keep doing the good work :)

ema1976
Sep 17 2010, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the updates!!

justmecookin
Sep 17 2010, 11:48 PM
Thank you so much Raul....

i try
Sep 17 2010, 11:51 PM
okey dokey! Lovin evrery minute of it!

Sunny Side
Sep 17 2010, 11:51 PM
Could you provide a list of the new levels and XP totals? Thanks!

Sandraneta
Sep 17 2010, 11:54 PM
Thank you for all of your creative and rewarding hard work to make Farm Town the best crop game on the web. I love it!!!! A thousand thanks for all that you do to keep us engaged on our farms.

Indigo Rose
Sep 17 2010, 11:55 PM
Wowee, thanks so much, can't get the grin off my face. So much to do and I'm going away on Monday for a little while and not internet, no farming, sob, sob. ROFL.

SueW170
Sep 17 2010, 11:56 PM
Love the 6th farm as well...just need to save 100.000.000 to upgrade to 24 x 24
LOL I'm still working on getting the 30 mil to finish farm 4 and then the g'zillions to do the last 3 (I think it is) upgrades to farm 5. I did get the 12x12 farm 6 to use for crops to help earn those points. Saving my cash for facilities.

SueW170
Sep 17 2010, 11:59 PM
I just used the sprinkler on friends' farms and it is AWESOME!!! you move it to your farm, then use the "clone" feature for friends. Click on it and chose water, you will see the little "in use clone" and then just go to a friends farm to tend. Click anywhere in the farm and you will water all flowers. It lets you know if there are no flowers on that farm. No need to refresh, no need to rewater, just go from friend's farm to friend's farm. .. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! :D (did i mention that i love it???) really wish there was a smiley for a jumping up and down clapping!
Sounds complicated -- probably sounds more complicated than it is:) Just wondering, once a lot of folks get sprinklers, will there actually be any use for it for watering friends' farms? If they have an easy way to water quickly, they'll probably be keeping their own farms watered... Neat concept, though, for sure.

SueW170
Sep 18 2010, 12:01 AM
I still do the put into/take out of storage routine. Since I'm used to it, it's just a habit to do it that way and doesn't take more than a few seconds. Guess I sort of like seeing the harvester (or seeder) parked on the farm where I'm working LOL

SueW170
Sep 18 2010, 12:03 AM
That's good. Makes it appropriate for anyone.

Charo
Sep 18 2010, 12:04 AM
I had JUST finished upgrading farm 5 like 2 days ago. Broke again!! lol.

SueW170
Sep 18 2010, 12:05 AM
*Love* all the new buildings!! No idea how I'm going to make them all fit, but where there's a will there's a way.
Thinking the same thing. The General Store, Police Station and maybe one or two others are definitely on my someday (when I reach the appropriate levels and have enough spare FT Coins) list. Oh, also the Vet Clinic from the last update and maybe the Clothing Store from, is it this update?
I'm still catching up with what became available two updates ago :) :)

littlemisshypo
Sep 18 2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks heaps!!!!

SueW170
Sep 18 2010, 12:18 AM
I agree with you about the look of some of the newer buildings. While I didn't like the cartoonish appearance of the original juice factory, chocolate factory, sandwich shop and a couple others, seems we are going from mod cartoon look to Beverly Hillbillies with some of these designs. The furniture factory is an example. Looks like a place where a guy might make a few vintage look milking stools and rocking chairs, but not a place where quality furniture like the TV cabinet, chest, etc. would be produced. And definitely, that paper mill is weird. LOL
For factories, I'm thinking that the textile mill and clothing factory are excellent examples of good facility design. They look like what they are and are neither garishly mod, not cutesy old style.
The cereal and newer version of the juice factory are great, too.

Sprinkler is so cool, I just watered several neighbours farms, I like the raindrops effect.

With all cool new stuff I have one complaint. I don't like the look of new factories. My paper mill doesn't look very good and the ink factory looks like a church. I know some people didn't like modern look of facilities so now we can change the look. I don't care so much, because I hide the ones I don't like behind trees. But I would never expect to buy a facility with patched roof, now that's not old look. Oldish or modern, I like my facilities to look in good shape and well cared off.

SueW170
Sep 18 2010, 12:23 AM
Lest it sound as though I'm not appreciating the new crops, buildings, facilities and other aspects of the last 3 updates -- I REALLY DO. It's super that the developers at Slashkey are so responsive to those who use the FT application!!!
Oh, and to add to the things I'm looking forward to acquiring -- there's the Post Office, School, maybe the Car Repair Garage, and .... and .... and
I can see where my town of Northburough may well become virtually all town one day.

bluehair
Sep 18 2010, 12:27 AM
just bought 3 new facilites dont have quite enough for the spice factory but with 20 new levels I wont have to pay real money :)

also upgraded my 6th farm to 20x20 :).

nitz22002
Sep 18 2010, 12:32 AM
Yes yes yes. Thank you so much Raul..

joann porga
Sep 18 2010, 12:33 AM
really love the new levels and farm six now on to farm seven and eight please really need them for all the plans i have for my farms thanks for all your hard work

lynwoo60
Sep 18 2010, 12:38 AM
Thankyou thankyou for the lastest goodies. Just bought 6th farm out right and have it already planted and designed now to finish the other 5 farms. LOL Thankyou again you make this game so enjoyable for retired older people like my husband and I.

Aussie Rae
Sep 18 2010, 12:40 AM
big thank you to the devs. just upgraded my 6th farm to 24 x 24 and still trying to figure out how to use the flower sprinkler on neighbours farms, love all the new stuff, :)

Aussie Rae
Sep 18 2010, 12:41 AM
don't know why it says I am level 1.......????????????????????????

JoannaandNiall
Sep 18 2010, 12:45 AM
I was just thinking yesterday that a school, and church would be attractive additions to the towns :). Thanks

worfwood
Sep 18 2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the chapel and the church! They look great.:D

Farmtownaddict301222
Sep 18 2010, 12:58 AM
Could you make it to where we can produce mustard outta of the food preserve factory for sandwichs and hotdogs??

I would also love for more things to be added to the flower shop being that more flowers have been produced...

I was also thinking about a smoothie factory... To make out of the milk, and fruit from storage... and have somewhere where you could buy ice for so much at a time...
Thanks so much... So excited that we now can have 6farms

bowl4fun
Sep 18 2010, 01:04 AM
Thank you for farm 6, but not happy that I lost Farm Cash with the new levels.......help!

daniel1972au
Sep 18 2010, 01:14 AM
awesome job people

Cookie01
Sep 18 2010, 01:27 AM
Bows low. :D

We are not worthy. :D :D :D

daybarb
Sep 18 2010, 01:29 AM
Way to go!!

joejo
Sep 18 2010, 01:30 AM
thanks very much,

Cleta57
Sep 18 2010, 01:31 AM
Thanks so much:) great work

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 01:55 AM
Thank you for farm 6, but not happy that I lost Farm Cash with the new levels.......help!

One of my neighbors also lost FC with the new Levels...... please go to the Help and support section and read how to link your farm and post this question there and add your link in your message so that the Moderators can read this and they can check on your Farm account... Hope you get this straight..... good luck

SivNorway
Sep 18 2010, 02:02 AM
What a beautiful church... :) woow, youre good!!!

Jan (Tiggs)
Sep 18 2010, 02:05 AM
I am one happy farmer ... more land AND more facilities. :D

<sigh> Now all I need is more time to play </sigh>

Hmmmm - just a thought - with all the new crops I need to grow to put in my new facilities ... I could really do with farms 7, 8 and 9 rofl! :rolleyes:

charlies4ng3ls
Sep 18 2010, 02:12 AM
Yiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D But come on folks - at least leave it a few days before you make demands for other stuff you want! lol

ScottLanter
Sep 18 2010, 02:37 AM
Nice update! And, I like the church. I think I'll put it in Manhattan, NY. Thanks, devs.

Farmerette GiGi
Sep 18 2010, 02:46 AM
As always...awesome update! Love my new 24x24 SIXTH farm! :D

I have been patiently waiting for new buildings, not facilities, so that I would be able to set up my country farm town this winter. I just knew they'd be added by then! Not enough time to set up my town at the moment, too busy with our real farm & gardens...but with the addition of the new buildings it's going to be really hard not to attempt to sneak some time & start on my farm town! ;)

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

angeskye
Sep 18 2010, 02:48 AM
Firstly.... THANK YOU :D i have been waiting for 6 so i could redecorate, guess what i have been doing for the past 5 hours? lol

Secondly.... I seem to be having a minor glitch with the Paper Mill. Used existing Pine Log Piles that were in my storage prior to purchasing the mill fine. Now, I have Pine Log Piles in my storage that I just added from Sawmill but the Paper Factory is not recognising them. Saying I have none in storage. :confused:

And yes, I have tried all the normal reloading/clearing cache etc.

Anyone else having this problem? I really want to make paper products :(

but wooooooot for everything else!

Ange. =)

Mrs Borgies
Sep 18 2010, 02:52 AM
Firstly.... THANK YOU :D i have been waiting for 6 so i could redecorate, guess what i have been doing for the past 5 hours? lol

Secondly.... I seem to be having a minor glitch with the Paper Mill. Used existing Pine Log Piles that were in my storage prior to purchasing the mill fine. Now, I have Pine Log Piles in my storage that I just added from Sawmill but the Paper Factory is not recognising them. Saying I have none in storage. :confused:

And yes, I have tried all the normal reloading/clearing cache etc.

Anyone else having this problem? I really want to make paper products :(

but wooooooot for everything else!

Ange. =)

The pine for paper factory does not go through the saw mill. :) It is used as a raw material.

dottyF
Sep 18 2010, 02:56 AM
I am so glad to get that irrigation tool.
I love the new buildings. My f2 is now a town.

Jedidiah
Sep 18 2010, 03:02 AM
LOL.......can imagine the feeling

Simera
Sep 18 2010, 03:23 AM
WOW!! I want to Thank You a million times for the new upgrade. . . AND for the FlowerWaterer. Finally, finally it'll be a pleasure to water all the flowers on my farms, again.

Farm 6 is now 24x24

And I have a FlowerWaterer!! Yeyyyy!! Thanks again!
You're the best!! So who have any needs for other games? Not me.

Simply love this upgrade! (even if I haven't checked it all out). I just ran over to get that farm 6 and the Irrigation Tool. :)

angeskye
Sep 18 2010, 03:37 AM
The pine for paper factory does not go through the saw mill. :) It is used as a raw material.

Well.... *expletive*!

Thanks.... clearly I am a bit stir crazy from all the redecorating.
The terminologies are so close too ... "pine lumber pile" and "pine log pile" sheesh... don't i feel dumb LOL :D:rolleyes:

Thanks again for the slap on the back of the head lol

Mrs Borgies
Sep 18 2010, 03:51 AM
Well.... *expletive*!

Thanks.... clearly I am a bit stir crazy from all the redecorating.
The terminologies are so close too ... "pine lumber pile" and "pine log pile" sheesh... don't i feel dumb LOL :D:rolleyes:

Thanks again for the slap on the back of the head lol

Join the club.... I went ballistic when the new update came out. LOL

Plus I had managed to fill up the factory and knew it came from my log pile with the amount I could load into it. ;)

speedmonkey
Sep 18 2010, 04:11 AM

Go back a few pages, this question has already been answered. :)

speedmonkey
Sep 18 2010, 04:28 AM

I agree with you about the look of some of the newer buildings. While I didn't like the cartoonish appearance of the original juice factory, chocolate factory, sandwich shop and a couple others, seems we are going from mod cartoon look to Beverly Hillbillies with some of these designs. The furniture factory is an example. Looks like a place where a guy might make a few vintage look milking stools and rocking chairs, but not a place where quality furniture like the TV cabinet, chest, etc. would be produced. And definitely, that paper mill is weird. LOL
For factories, I'm thinking that the textile mill and clothing factory are excellent examples of good facility design. They look like what they are and are neither garishly mod, not cutesy old style.
The cereal and newer version of the juice factory are great, too.

I think that some of the facilities looking older is neat. It allows for a more rugged looking theme. Some of the best furniture you can get your hands on comes out of where a guy is making chairs. Handmade furniture is the highest quality you can get. Perhaps the building with a patched roof was sitting empty and abandoned and someone decided to buy it and make it profitable again instead of "clearing a path for progress". Just a few ideas. The older facilities work great in the farm that I have designed to look like and old west town, they work great!

Just saying that not everything has to be shiny and new looking to be productive and easily worked into a theme that is really neat!

speedmonkey
Sep 18 2010, 04:31 AM
don't know why it says I am level 1.......????????????????????????

It says you are level 1 because there is a communication issue between the forum and the game. It is going to say you are at 1 forever (or until they fix the problem).

speedmonkey
Sep 18 2010, 04:35 AM

You need to report this issue to Slashkey. No one in the forum can do anything about it. At the bottom of the screen under the game window is a report link. Report the problem and I am sure that someone at Slashkey can hep you sort it out.

The link is down on the bottom left of the page.

corogirl
Sep 18 2010, 05:15 AM
Well done Dev's!! Love this game but it does seem to be taking over my life. Humph!! too bad!!

TribalCat
Sep 18 2010, 05:15 AM
Thank you so much for the new update, you guys are awesome! I've redecorated my town and added the Vet Clinic, Pet Shop, and a few other shops. I'm so happy!

Do you think we'll ever make shoyu (soy sauce) in the Food Preserve factory? It goes with the wasabi for my California rolls :D

I've already filled farm #6 up with my factories hehe

And I LOVE the Artemis statue!

caba
Sep 18 2010, 05:36 AM
I love it all - thank you ;)

hollow
Sep 18 2010, 05:48 AM
Do we still have to move the fertilizer from farm to farm ?

April306
Sep 18 2010, 05:52 AM
Thank you so much...............you definitely rock Raul.............now to get busy doing farm 6.

kathyoxo
Sep 18 2010, 06:12 AM
Just dropped by Ginasue's Orchard it is amazin so my orchard is defo work in progress hahaha

Happy Farming

JaneMarple9
Sep 18 2010, 06:27 AM
Can't wait to play with it!! Even better with 25 farm cash today instead of 5!

tinlug
Sep 18 2010, 07:18 AM
thanks raul now i am addicated to farmtown all over again - no hold on I already was addicated. shows i need to get away from the farm a bit more often

immater
Sep 18 2010, 07:33 AM
thanks Raul and the whole development team...some really nifty items here...:)

Queen.of.Clutter
Sep 18 2010, 07:34 AM
OMG !! Thank you all SO MUCH !! What to do? What to do? BUY, BUY, BUY ! How am I gonna decorate ?? I thought I knew !???! I am off to play !!

Nanny's Nook
Sep 18 2010, 07:42 AM
OMG !! Thank you all SO MUCH !! What to do? What to do? BUY, BUY, BUY ! How am I gonna decorate ?? I thought I knew !???! I am off to play !!

I thought I knew too LOL, and then they gave us all those terrific buildings that I could use to start a whole community. Now I have no idea what to do so I'm just going to plant a bunch of quick growing goodies while I think about the whole dilemma!

HelenJS22
Sep 18 2010, 08:11 AM
THANK YOU !!! Sorry I haven't popped in earlier to say so, but I have been so busy on my farms and with just 20 farm town hours a day, I have to cram so much real world stuff into the other four each day. Such a drag having to run back to the other realm to at least make it look as if I am participating.

I love the new buildings, particularly the cottage and that absolutely gorgeous little chapel.

Now I'll be off back to my farms ..... busy, busy, busy. THANK YOU :D

bloveds
Sep 18 2010, 08:19 AM
How do you use the irrigation on a neighbor's farm? When I went there, there was no option to use it?

Old Roy
Sep 18 2010, 08:27 AM
My right index finger Thanks you alot for the FLOWER sprinkler,,, and I thank you for the for the other upgrades.. great job fellers

sminoc
Sep 18 2010, 08:38 AM
You keep it fun and I'll keep farming!!! Thanks so much for all you do!!

sminoc
Sep 18 2010, 08:38 AM
I agree with Old Roy! The sprinkler is a welcome addition!!

Simera
Sep 18 2010, 08:45 AM
How do you use the irrigation on a neighbor's farm? When I went there, there was no option to use it?

You just click on it when it's on your own farm, and it will "follow" you when you click on any neighbour's farm-bar under your farm. You can also water a neighbour's i.e. 6 farms, just to click o the "diamonds". :)

I hope that was understandable, due to my bad English.

It's a wonderful Tool!! Thanks again, Devs. :)

zipprich
Sep 18 2010, 08:46 AM
This is so cool GREAT JOB GUYS love the updates just love them

TeasingTemptress
Sep 18 2010, 09:04 AM
I am also having problems with the paper mill...I have 133 pine logs in storage but it won't allow me to make anything in the paper mill....a pop up saying "you will need to add one more pine log"

w4rpe Keith
Sep 18 2010, 09:05 AM
Thank you dev for updating the game.

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 09:12 AM
Do we still have to move the fertilizer from farm to farm ?

only the harvesting tools can be placed in storage and used from there....the fertilizer and the big bull dozer you can use the move tool and a clone will follow you to your other farms.... you don't move the actual tool

Jennie C.
Sep 18 2010, 10:07 AM
I was thinking about vanilla for vanilla ice cream, and realized I had no idea where/how it was grown. It's actually the 2nd most expensive spice in the world (saffron is first), only grows in a few regions and has to be HAND-pollinated. That's why it's so expensive, because of the labor involved.

Not being picky about our being able to grow it (love it), but thought it was interesting.

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 10:10 AM
I am also having problems with the paper mill...I have 133 pine logs in storage but it won't allow me to make anything in the paper mill....a pop up saying "you will need to add one more pine log"

this was in the update info:

Make sure you have "Pine Log Piles" that have not been processed in the mill ...and you are not trying to use "Pine Lumber Pile" that has been milled if you still have problems go to the help and support section in the Forum and check there for a solution....you will need to add a link to your farm in your message so the Mod's can check for you......

hollow
Sep 18 2010, 10:17 AM
only the harvesting tools can be placed in storage and used from there....the fertilizer and the big bull dozer you can use the move tool and a clone will follow you to your other farms.... you don't move the actual tool

That dosent heppend here, with the bulldozer or fertilizer , I click on the tool , then go to another farm and the tool is gone :confused::cool:

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 10:46 AM
That dosent heppend here, with the bulldozer or fertilizer , I click on the tool , then go to another farm and the tool is gone :confused::cool:

on the bull dozer i click on the tool then on the pop up menu I click "Delete Fields" (haven't used "move" on this tool, though it may work also) then click on the farm I want to work on.... the clone always follows me.... on the fertilizer i click the tool then on the pop up menu I click "Move' then click what farm i want to fertilize and the clone tool follows ... I then click on the green man and you can use the tool.....hope that helps you some.......

Rob T
Sep 18 2010, 10:47 AM

use the yellow hand tool instead, i've found when you select delete, and onto another farm, it doesn't work anymore

jsbh821
Sep 18 2010, 10:54 AM
What a nice way to start a weekend...waking up to all the new things!! WooHoo!! Thanks guys! Like I said before...FarmTown just keeps getting better and better!!

ctu1010166
Sep 18 2010, 11:07 AM
It doesn't work again!
Before 18:30 of Sep 18 (GMT +7), it still works, but now when I click tick button, nothing happen!
I'm from Vietnam, OS WinXP SP3, tried on many browser.

I wish: when I click "Produce Faster" button, all of my friends can see "Click to work" button when they visit my farm and click on my facilities.

Lil'Punkin
Sep 18 2010, 11:12 AM
I tried twice to hire someone to chop trees on farm #6. Everything seems to work up to returning to the farm and then the lumberjack doesn't make it to the farm. Anyone else trying the hire to chop and having this problem?

SivNorway
Sep 18 2010, 11:42 AM
... and what a amazing waterfall... I just love it! hope the mountains comes soon too...
- amazing designers :)

a little bit expensive the 6th farm, not everyone who has a billion... uaaahh!!! :)

2Old2Farm
Sep 18 2010, 11:47 AM
The devs for FT are amazing. They really listen to the people who play the game and come up with great ideas to make the game more interesting. Thank you devs for all you do.

Berle
Sep 18 2010, 12:06 PM

What tools are they? It would be great if it is the log truck and the fishing boat so one would not have to leave space on several farms for them.

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 12:14 PM

What tools are they? It would be great if it is the log truck and the fishing boat so one would not have to leave space on several farms for them.

the harvesting tools...... the ones that are under the scathe (think I spelled that right)

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 12:19 PM
Question?? when you use the "Big Yellow hand" to move the "Big Bulldozer" it lands on your farm in weird places instead of being at the end of your cursor.... at least it does for me..... does it still "Delete Fields" that are under it if it lands in the middle of your feilds.... I gather it is a clone and will?? haven't used it yet just playing with moving it, so i can learn how to use it this way..... LOL also can you do this same process for using the "Big Yellow Seeder"?? or do i need to purchase another one for farm #6 or put one i have already purchased in storage then take it out to use on Farms ugh i hope not.....

pat909
Sep 18 2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the new update; I love it! :)

mysticka
Sep 18 2010, 12:35 PM
that sprinkler is so cool!!!
this is also on my wish list as I have overstocked on items

mysticka
Sep 18 2010, 12:36 PM
this is also on my wish list as I have overstocked on items
oops posted wrong..in regards to the comment made about selling part of your overstocked items.

Wilde Lily
Sep 18 2010, 12:43 PM
I was away from the farm for a day...what a nice surprise on my return!!! THANK YOU DEVS!! You just keep coming up with great ideas!:D

Farmer Storm
Sep 18 2010, 12:48 PM
i see there new lvls for lvl 40+ but am stil 70,no change there or will the change happens when i lvl up ?

Nettie49
Sep 18 2010, 01:04 PM
Of course I can understand all these "thank you" screams! Afterall I am one of the a patient players of this BetaGame... I am also feeling good as log as FarmTown flourishes... But... Please let's be serious... Again, afterall, we all are in the same laboratory environment... Also none of us are being paid in terms of FarmCash or real revenues... So, let's all be wiser! SlashKey must be more responsible towards its stubburn&loyal players whose could never be easily renumareted.

cilla38
Sep 18 2010, 01:23 PM
WTG RAUL AND TEAM
I am so very happy now I was getting bored but you lifted my spirits thank you thank you I just can't say thank you enough.

earlgray
Sep 18 2010, 01:27 PM
I can't thank you enough for making it possible to use the big harvester without having it be on the same farm (or any farm - I keep mine in storage). To me, this is absolutely the best feature of this upgrade, although I'm looking forward to the new facilities and 6th farm (as soon as I finish enlarging my 5th farm). I hope you will eventually add the big seeder to the menu too, or find a way for us to use it from storage. Well done!

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 01:35 PM
i see there new lvls for lvl 40+ but am stil 70,no change there or will the change happens when i lvl up ?

The new levels go up to 135. the people that moved up to that level were already at 115 and had enough experience to move up their level.......as you gain more experience points you will move up levels one at a time........

Nettie49
Sep 18 2010, 02:01 PM
To be understood is the most luxurous thing in our age I believe.. TY my farmer friend...

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 02:42 PM
Since this update. having trouble dragging farm...... also when i go to another one of my farms ... sometimes it takes me to the farm 2 times........maybe it will straighten out in a day or two haven't seen anyone else post anything about this.....

primrose711
Sep 18 2010, 02:48 PM
YAY! Now I have my Holiday farm. Thank you guys. :)

Berle
Sep 18 2010, 02:55 PM
I would love to have someone tell me whether I can clone or move a log truck with chainsaw before I spend my hard earned FC to buy one. My hard earned FC comes from working but more and more from real bucks.

I would have a hard time making space where I have choppable trees.

All in all I love the game and appreciate the effors to keep it challenging and fun.

Double T Dude Ranch
Sep 18 2010, 03:00 PM
I would love to have someone tell me whether I can clone or move a log truck with chainsaw before I spend my hard earned FC to buy one. My hard earned FC comes from working but more and more from real bucks.

I would have a hard time making space where I have choppable trees.

All in all I love the game and appreciate the effors to keep it challenging and fun.

Yes you can move it farm to farm. Click the yellow hand in the tool belt where the camera is, click the log truck and then click the diamond of the farm you want to move it to.

rjlinkjr
Sep 18 2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks for Farm 6, guess what I have almost filled it up hope #7 is around the corner, as I still need space for more crops. Guess one day just have to stop adding so much stuff.
Thanks

Berle
Sep 18 2010, 03:13 PM
Yes you can move it farm to farm. Click the yellow hand in the tool belt where the camera is, click the log truck and then click the diamond of the farm you want to move it to.

Thank you so much for the reply. Am on my way to buy the truck now. Love the fishing boat which you can use that way also.

LOK

LAURI ANNE
Sep 18 2010, 03:19 PM
I have not read the entire thread, just to exhausted, but what plantes make the dyes for inks?

Double T Dude Ranch
Sep 18 2010, 03:22 PM
I have not read the entire thread, just to exhausted, but what plantes make the dyes for inks?

Hi, I just updated that info in the game guide, chapter 13 for facilities :)

Red- beets
black- walnut
blue- blueberry
yellow- sunflower

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 03:30 PM

on all of the facilities you just click on the ?? and it tells you what items you need to produce each of it's products..........

Bubba Geouge
Sep 18 2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks Raul for the updates

blue nile
Sep 18 2010, 03:44 PM
Yes thank you! i am really happy! Love having that little 6th diamond in place!!

pythonis
Sep 18 2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah thanks for the extra stuff. However i do have to say that i am not surprised in the least bit that the main things people asked for would end up costing FC.

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 05:30 PM
the water irrigation system is the bomb...........I have the best neighbors on Farm town, i was gifted this.. how cool is that?? see there are so many wonderful people that play this game..... I think I will be here till forever......

Jennie C.
Sep 18 2010, 05:35 PM
How many levels are there now? I've lost track. I'm at 129, how many more FarmCash can I get just by levelling up?

sun.bun@verizon.net
Sep 18 2010, 05:42 PM
Im working very hard to achieve the highest level but then you go and raise the bar and give the select few the raise in levels. I don't think that is fair to the rest of us who work just as hard. Im thinking that perhaps I should just stop playing FarmTown all together.

Rob T
Sep 18 2010, 05:48 PM
How many levels are there now? I've lost track. I'm at 129, how many more FarmCash can I get just by levelling up?

you can go upto level 135

Rob T
Sep 18 2010, 05:50 PM
Im working very hard to achieve the highest level but then you go and raise the bar and give the select few the raise in levels. I don't think that is fair to the rest of us who work just as hard. Im thinking that perhaps I should just stop playing FarmTown all together.

everyone has the same number of levels they can go upto, which is currently 135

yramski
Sep 18 2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the updates. Awsome game! Just a quick question what are the tool that can be used when they are in storage? How is that done. Also is there a way to check how much longer our crops are fertilized with the manure spreader without moving it to the farm? Thanks

bubbles99205
Sep 18 2010, 06:05 PM
for actually listening to your players. I am soooo happy I have farm 6 and all the facilities will be great.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, You all ROCK!!! :D

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the updates. Awsome game! Just a quick question what are the tool that can be used when they are in storage? How is that done. Also is there a way to check how much longer our crops are fertilized with the manure spreader without moving it to the farm? Thanks

all the harvesting tools can be kept in storage and used from there.... the manure spreader can be used to view how long your crops are still fertilized but you have to click on the spreader then click move then go to that farm. only the clone follows you.....

Satis
Sep 18 2010, 06:32 PM
I'm particularly pleased with the paper-mill. I knew there was some reason I planted all those pine trees!

My Farm 6 is completely empty at the moment. I'm enjoying having the prospect of a blank canvas to work on.

gffarmer
Sep 18 2010, 07:20 PM
Hey There,

Lined Notebook
Wallpaper
Calendar
Playing Cards
Egg Carton
FarmTown T-Shirt

Chili Powder
Mustard Seeds
Vanilla Powder
Wasabi Paste
Poultry Seasoning
Seafood Seasoning

Enjoy!

--Raul
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your updates!!! Many thanks!!

iryssa
Sep 18 2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks so much for the latest updates. Especially, thanks for the one where we can leave some tools in storage and still use them. It was a pain in the butt to move my manure spreader from farm to farm. Love y'all! Can't wait to get started on my farm 6!

ClementineKate
Sep 18 2010, 09:45 PM
I was so delighted and was using it to water my friend's farms. Hadn't done my own yet. Then I "let go of it" and it disappeared!
:(
I admit I actually started to cry. It doesn't show up on the tool pop-up-thingie, yet, not in my storage or on any of my farms.

I have been with Farm Town since the beginning and have 'ouchie hands'. So I really appreciate making the game easier for us who have disabilities.

Now... any clue how to find my new toy?
Clementine

speedmonkey
Sep 18 2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks so much for the latest updates. Especially, thanks for the one where we can leave some tools in storage and still use them. It was a pain in the butt to move my manure spreader from farm to farm. Love y'all! Can't wait to get started on my farm 6!

You will still have to move your manure spreader around from farm to farm. You can't put it in storage and use it from there.

speedmonkey
Sep 18 2010, 09:54 PM
I was so delighted and was using it to water my friend's farms. Hadn't done my own yet. Then I "let go of it" and it disappeared!
:(
I admit I actually started to cry. It doesn't show up on the tool pop-up-thingie, yet, not in my storage or on any of my farms.

I have been with Farm Town since the beginning and have 'ouchie hands'. So I really appreciate making the game easier for us who have disabilities.

Now... any clue how to find my new toy?
Clementine

It most likely went back to your farm. hide all of your buildings, trees, and decorations and see if you can find it after that. If not try refreshing the game and then it should show up on the farm it was on when you left to go water flowers. If it is not there you will need to go post s help request in the Help & support section of the forum that includes a link to your farm. If you do not know how to link your farm the link to the instructions will be included in the bottom of this message.

Miranda Panda
Sep 18 2010, 09:58 PM
Anyone having problems with the bulldozer since the new update? Mine no longer stays active when I switch farms. And where would be the appropriate place to report this?

Thanks
Panda

speedmonkey
Sep 18 2010, 10:04 PM
Anyone having problems with the bulldozer since the new update? Mine no longer stays active when I switch farms. And where would be the appropriate place to report this?

Thanks
Panda

I have a dozer for each farm so I have not noticed the issue but if it is giving you problems you might find you have more luck if you post a help request in the help and support section of the forum. You will need to include a link to your farm or no one will be able to help you. the link to the instructions on linking your farm will be at the bottom of this post.

ClementineKate
Sep 18 2010, 10:16 PM
It most likely went back to your farm. hide all of your buildings, trees, and decorations and see if you can find it after that. If not try refreshing the game and then it should show up on the farm it was on when you left to go water flowers. If it is not there you will need to go post s help request in the Help & support section of the forum that includes a link to your farm. If you do not know how to link your farm the link to the instructions will be included in the bottom of this message.

Nope it didn't work. (But I did some house cleaning with that nifty delete tool.
From my Facebook profile page:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=64125&id=1661270500#!/photo.php?
pid=1246540&id=1661270500&ref=fbx_album

Picture wouldn't attach right, sorry.

Sunny Side
Sep 18 2010, 10:18 PM

The levels aren't increased that quickly, but I understand your frustration in trying to achieve the highest level (in my case it was to get certain items and seeds in the store way back when - I can remember when Level 34 was the highest, then Level 60, then Level 80...). Here are two ways you can increase your XPs quickly: 1) Plant the cheapest and fastest growing crop over and over to get more XPs (I used to plant tons of fields of raspberries - you get the same XPs no matter what crop you plant) to reach the next level; or 2) If you have a million coins to spend freely, purchase, sell and repurchase a building that earns a lot of XPs - the original barn worked great for this; look in the store to see what will pay off the greatest amount of XPs.

Eventually, you will reach the highest level and will go past it so far that you will be waiting for when the levels will increase again to get more FCs. It was a lot of work over many months (believe me - I was sick of raspberry crops after awhile!), but eventually this happened for me.

I wish you the best and happy farming!!

ClementineKate
Sep 18 2010, 10:34 PM

Thank you; will do now.

DARLENEW
Sep 18 2010, 10:35 PM
Sorry I am so late saying thank you, have been so busy with the new updates, and farm 6....Raul, you and the devs are the greatest!!!! Thank you and now I'm off again to play.......:):):):)

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 10:54 PM

Thanks
Panda

for some reason you need to click on the Big Yellow hand then click on the big bulldozer ... then click what farm you want to go to. then click on the walking man. then click on the bulldozer then click on delete fields........for it to work.... GEEZ...... only way i found to do it now........... if there is a way with fewer steps ..... someone please let me know.... wow......

SunnyD
Sep 18 2010, 11:00 PM

UMMM everyone works the same amount for each level increase..... there are some who have been at that level 115 for a bit and therefore had accumulated enough exp points to be raised up to 135.....they did not cut any corners at all but they all worked just as much. your in a great position right now you will be able to watch that exp bar climb up as you work .......

Charo
Sep 18 2010, 11:06 PM

What are you talking about? No one gets "free levels" as they are all earned. If you think of levels in terms of the amount of experience points needed, be aware that you do not stop earning experience points when you reach the highest level. You just accumulate experience points in advance of the creation of new levels. There are people with millions of xp that are at 135. I myself am at over 1.6 million xp and I have a neighbor who is waaaay ahead of me because she plays almost all day. I earned my extra 20 levels a long time ago.

tree101457
Sep 18 2010, 11:16 PM
I have no life so I have over 4 million exp and had over a billion coins, it takes alot of time playing to get to that point, now I will be at level 135 till the next time they give more levels. It is all in the amount of time you play, this is my fun outlet as I am disabled and love the game. That is why some people level up immediately, we are ADDICTED .I am even reconstructing on farm as I go even tho it is taking me awhile as I can't devide just how to do my island..the hermit in the basement :D

Jack_W
Sep 18 2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks to the Devs for the bug fixes; always welcome.

The post about this update could've been a little more descript though. Just saying. A friend and I wondered which 'tools' could be put in storage for use. Someone on the forum said it was harvesting tools--we were both hoping it affected the manure spreader *shrug*

That aside, I still see the game improving and hooking most of us for some time to come *thumbs up*

cjr
Sep 18 2010, 11:49 PM
Thank you very much for the fix to the unable to work in others facilities. It is the first time since it came out that I am able to do this. I really appreciate it.

aislingthebard
Sep 18 2010, 11:53 PM
I am thinking of purchasing the Jewelry Factory now that I have somewhere to put it (sixth farm is WONDERFUL, THANK YOU!) but I see that it makes jewelry from the "minerals and wood" in your storage? WOOD? What kind of wood (I am not growing any trees right now) and how do you use wood in jewelry? Wouldn't it be nice if there were a specific "ingredients list" posted somewhere?

bluehair
Sep 18 2010, 11:58 PM
I am thinking of purchasing the Jewelry Factory now that I have somewhere to put it (sixth farm is WONDERFUL, THANK YOU!) but I see that it makes jewelry from the "minerals and wood" in your storage? WOOD? What kind of wood (I am not growing any trees right now) and how do you use wood in jewelry? Wouldn't it be nice if there were a specific "ingredients list" posted somewhere?

you need oak trees

tree101457
Sep 19 2010, 12:23 AM

If when in the store looking at the facilities you click on the ? mark in green, it will tell you what it makes and I believe it will tell you what you need. I have the jewelry factory and i use both oak and I believe pine also, but not sure on the pine. I grow alot of those trees and use them for many things, furniture and jewelry and now for the paper factory :o

SunnyD
Sep 19 2010, 01:51 AM

Before you post anything in the forum about questions you have try to look for the official threads....... in help and support you can find help for just about everything .... there is a thread for facility questions...... here you go my friend.....

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311070

hope you find your way around here in the forum....you need wood for making the jewelry boxes and the picture frames.....a lot of jewelry stores sell them with inlaid gold and silver ....

dbevaart
Sep 19 2010, 02:08 AM
I purchased the mobile sprinkler and tried to use it on my farm. The drops come down but the flowers still show they need water. I clear my cache, and all the things the say to do and it still has the same results. Also I can't find out how to water neighbor's flowers with it, it didn't come with an operators manual and it was way too expensive to buy and to operate on my own farm. I want to send it back for a refund, it doesn't work.

speedmonkey
Sep 19 2010, 02:13 AM

Those of us that advance to the next highest level every time a new update comes out only do so because we have earned that right. We spent every bit as much time (if not more) getting as far as you have to get to the level that you are at. We all worked our way to it. It has to be earned. We were not handed the level increase just because we want it. As a matter of fact most of us would prefer not to automatically be at the highest level all the time. There is nothing unfair about the way this is done. If you want the highest level you have to go through all the same things we did. As a mater of fact it is actually easier for the newer and lower level players to advance now than it was for those of us that are maxed out. When we started playing there were no facilities, limited crops, far fewer decorations that we could buy and sell for XP if we wanted to, and we only had one farm to do it all on. We had to bust our butts on our farm (singular) and then when we had down time while waiting for crops to grow, we had to go bust our butts on anyone's farm that was willing to hire us. Which by the way was not easy because they were all doing their own work so that they could level up too! So it really is not that hard to advance and it is far from unfair to you, if anything it is unfair to those of us that have been playing longer. :(

I personally earned every point I have the way it was supposed to be earned, hard work! Not a single item was bought just because it had XP value for me. If you don't think you should have to work just as hard as we did to get to where we are then you are right, perhaps you should stop playing free up the server space so that we can have farm 7!

speedmonkey
Sep 19 2010, 02:24 AM
I purchased the mobile sprinkler and tried to use it on my farm. The drops come down but the flowers still show they need water. I clear my cache, and all the things the say to do and it still has the same results. Also I can't find out how to water neighbor's flowers with it, it didn't come with an operators manual and it was way too expensive to buy and to operate on my own farm. I want to send it back for a refund, it doesn't work.

It works just fine. The way to use it has already been explained in this thread. Try using the search feature in the forum that will help you find the answers you need. There is also a game guide that is available here in the forum(so it did come with an instruction manual :)) that is really easy to find, the link to it is on the very first page of the forum. It is recommended that you read through the game guide and understand how everything works before you spend any money on it especially FC!

Please read through some of the thread before posting questions. The search feature works wonderfully to help find answer that may already exist for the problem you are having. :)

kaylene
Sep 19 2010, 04:04 AM
Had to go away for 3 days to watch my son in his March Out Parade in the Army and come back to an update.....so much excitement....thanks sooooooooo much :D

gomh
Sep 19 2010, 10:57 AM
One improvement would really help all who maintain multiple farms ... please let us refuel twice daily. I run out of fuel about half way through each day -- using fuel to get meat, catch fish, plant seeds uses up far more than a tank and it's frustrating when you have lots of money, that you can't buy or use additional tanks

Jennie C.
Sep 19 2010, 11:39 AM
One improvement would really help all who maintain multiple farms ... please let us refuel twice daily. I run out of fuel about half way through each day -- using fuel to get meat, catch fish, plant seeds uses up far more than a tank and it's frustrating when you have lots of money, that you can't buy or use additional tanks

My single best FarmCash expenditure has been the Oil Refinery (wish it wasn't so big and ugly, but never mind). Since it generates fuel faster than I can use it (and yes, I've been farming 5 farms), I get progressively more fuel everytime I fill up. This last time, I got 150,000+ fuel from it. I only operate one oil well, as it keeps the refinery at full capacity.

Retrophyt
Sep 19 2010, 12:01 PM
My single best FarmCash expenditure has been the Oil Refinery (wish it wasn't so big and ugly, but never mind). Since it generates fuel faster than I can use it (and yes, I've been farming 5 farms), I get progressively more fuel everytime I fill up. This last time, I got 150,000+ fuel from it. I only operate one oil well, as it keeps the refinery at full capacity.

Best thing, you can share fuel once you send it to the refinery. That is great for our neighbors that are playing on a shoestring. I used to have to play with pennies, so I know how it feels.

Also, I want to say that I have been playing close to 2 yrs now, & it is much easier and faster to move up, add XP's, and coins than when I started. It was fun then & it is fun now. I am still earning my XP's and moves when they add levels.

Off to spend my coins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!