PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- October 22nd, 2010

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

BobcatTchai
Oct 23 2010, 10:21 PM
I'm hoping that once it's up and running the new 'trade' primary goods feature works well. If so, fingers crossed it will be extended to other 'ingredient' products such as chocolate liquor, cheese, cinnamon bundles etc.

xxjimmyxx
Oct 23 2010, 10:34 PM
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
http://i51.tinypic.com/55ihj7.jpg

KimBlanton
Oct 23 2010, 10:39 PM
Wonderful! Excellent! YAY! Thank you, FT developers and players for keeping Farm Town THE BEST farming game on the 'net!

BobcatTchai
Oct 23 2010, 10:51 PM
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
http://i51.tinypic.com/55ihj7.jpg

Haha...cha-ching!! :)

dansd111
Oct 23 2010, 10:53 PM
Yes, but how do you find buyers? Do we just stand in the market and yell that we have almonds for sale?

xxjimmyxx
Oct 23 2010, 10:59 PM
and from the buyers end

http://i53.tinypic.com/9syy3r.jpg

Chelly Jelly
Oct 23 2010, 11:04 PM
would it be possible to include other ingredients from facilities in this option? like choco liquor, honey jar, cinnamon bundle, and others? this is a great update but would be better if we could sell some of these ingredients from facilities. Others dont have some facilities like choco factory, bee farm, cinnamon factory, semi-trailer truck, food preserve factory, oil refinery, and oil factory... this would be a great help for them too!

Please update if possible... thanks!

BobcatTchai
Oct 23 2010, 11:10 PM
Yes, but how do you find buyers? Do we just stand in the market and yell that we have almonds for sale?

That is a valid point. With all the hustle and bustle that happens at Market sometimes I'm wondering, between those seeking work/workers and those looking to trade produce, if things will become just a little chaotic? I notice The Inn is still listed on the game Map. Maybe that could take over as the designated venue for those seeking work/workers and the Market could become the designated venue for trading of goods? Just an idea.

bob07
Oct 23 2010, 11:17 PM
OK here is my dilemma, should I spend FC for the 16X Harvester and Seeder or should I wait and see if they come out with a 24X or 36X model? I just spent coin on the 9X models and now they have bigger and better. Don't mind spending the coin, I have over a billion but when it comes to FC I get a little more cautious when it costs 135 FC for all 3 tools. I would not be happy to spend that and next month there bigger models with no recouping the FC already spent. Any comments from the mods would be appreciated.
Great release as usual!!

Chelly Jelly
Oct 23 2010, 11:23 PM
OK here is my dilemma, should I spend FC for the 16X Harvester and Seeder or should I wait and see if they come out with a 24X or 36X model? I just spent coin on the 9X models and now they have bigger and better. Don't mind spending the coin, I have over a billion but when it comes to FC I get a little more cautious when it costs 135 FC for all 3 tools. I would not be happy to spend that and next month there bigger models with no recouping the FC already spent. Any comments from the mods would be appreciated.
Great release as usual!!

I didn't buy them... too expensive. i'd rather use the 3x3 tools and spend FC on facilities which will give profit.

Miz Lisa
Oct 23 2010, 11:39 PM
Glitch! Right now you can plow using the 4X4 option without having bought the tool. Just FYI.

WingmanFarm
Oct 23 2010, 11:59 PM
and from the buyers end

http://i53.tinypic.com/9syy3r.jpg

Where are you finding this buy/sell pop ups. On your farm, the market...where ?

SueW170
Oct 24 2010, 12:06 AM
What's with the cantaloupe? And the other crops that dont' go with any dishes...are there gonna bedishes thatthose things go into?
I'm suspecting they may as seems that's how FT has been going -- new items sooner or later have facilities to use them. But no crop is useless, since we can always sell at the MP and earn some coins to help expand our farms or purchase seeds, buildings, decorations and other items.

xxjimmyxx
Oct 24 2010, 12:10 AM
Where are you finding this buy/sell pop ups. On your farm, the market...where ?

i was on my farm whils testing it but i gess it works everywear in ft as it comes up like a normal job request

Farmer Rabbit
Oct 24 2010, 12:16 AM
9. Essential Oils Plant (Coins): Allows you to produce Essential Oils.

Pink Roses Essential Oil -> notice that pink roses are the ones needed, not red or white roses.
Iris Essential Oil
Violet Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil
Peach Essential Oil
Vanilla Essential Oil
Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cedar Essential Oil -> you need Cedar Log Piles to produce this essential oil, which you get by chopping cedar trees.

I am confused.:D I have cinnamon trees. I have been faithfully chopping and saving the cinnamon logs, waiting for an opportunity to use them. I did not wish to purchase the cinnamon facility. I had no need for cinnamon bundles. Wanted to use my FC for other items.

In this update Cedar was added. In point #9 of the release, Products from the Essential Oils Plant are listed. Cinnamon Ess. Oil then Cedar Ess. Oil are listed with the added explanation for the new cedar trees. That explanation states that all that is needed is to possess the chopped logs to create the ess. oil. Since cinnamon is a tree we possess, it could be inferred, and obvisously I did :), that finally the cinnamon logs would have a use.

I bought the Essential Oil Plant. Looks really cool, btw. The cinnamon logs are not useable. They must be processed elsewhere to create cinnamon bundles. I am hoping that the devs might tweak this and allow the cinnamon logs to be used as the cedar logs are used in this facility. Cinnamon logs could not be used in the Coffee & Tea Shoppe. Clearly bundles are needed there. But for the raw use in the Essential Oils Plant, as with the Cedar Logs, could we also use the Cinnamon Logs?

Raul, et al, thanks for considering this.;)

LibrarianLee
Oct 24 2010, 12:38 AM
Glitch! Right now you can plow using the 4X4 option without having bought the tool. Just FYI.

I was hoping this isn't a glitch but how it's going to be...dang! man I was cruisin along : )

nanhutch
Oct 24 2010, 01:17 AM
would it be possible to include other ingredients from facilities in this option? like choco liquor, honey jar, cinnamon bundle, and others? this is a great update but would be better if we could sell some of these ingredients from facilities. Others dont have some facilities like choco factory, bee farm, cinnamon factory, semi-trailer truck, food preserve factory, oil refinery, and oil factory... this would be a great help for them too!

Please update if possible... thanks!

I would even like it if we could sell other things as well. For example, if you have a decorative item, etc you don't want any more you could sell it to someone. Just a thought...

katupatree
Oct 24 2010, 01:30 AM
the 4x4 plow is not a glitch. you have to use fc to buy the 4x4 harvester and seeder, they gave us the plow. Thanks devs!

Mrs Borgies
Oct 24 2010, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by Miz Lisa View Post

I was hoping this isn't a glitch but how it's going to be...dang! man I was cruisin along : )

This is not a glitch....you only pay FC for the Solar Powered Plow, which does not use fuel. :)

RheaMitra
Oct 24 2010, 01:37 AM
And now I'm going to QUIT in frustration .As i'm at level 135 and have only 7 FC . On my Earn Cash and Coins is blank form more than 8-9 months.I see new facilities coming every months and i'm not able to purchase them because lots of them with FC and tool also comes with FC . Its no use to play more this FANTASTIC game . I had complained this to the developers too but they are unable to figure out my problem . They r quick in response and i like that they reply in max 2-3 days .but that doesn't solve my problem as i see every one have their earn farm cash options on there tab .

I DON'T WANT TO QUIT FARM TOWN
Neha don't quit!!
I have the same problem...I don't see any of the free offers either. Just start a new account and work your way up again. The initial levels move up super quick and the FC comes rolling in! I also found that I can see the free FC offers in the new account :)

Try it out, it worked for me.

SueW170
Oct 24 2010, 02:01 AM
Just looked up cedar wood oil (Wikipedia). The info there states taht modernly this oil is usually made from the wood of juniper and cypress, not from the cedar tree.
Among the interesting uses for the oil is as an insect repellant, in addition to the rather commonly known use in aromatherapy.

Chelly Jelly
Oct 24 2010, 02:22 AM
I've tried selling items from animals and trees but no one even buy the items. well, i realized that who on earth would want to buy items that they can harvest. This option is best for ingredients from facilities...

HelenJS22
Oct 24 2010, 04:16 AM
ok did the macro cache and still no oil refinery it retries 3 times on load and then gives up

On the subject of the oil refinery - does anyone have a photo to put up of the 'alternative' view. I have never bought one because it was so huge and ugly, but could be tempted now depending on the new view. I wish we were given that alternative view when we go to buy.

Phanny
Oct 24 2010, 04:24 AM
On the subject of the oil refinery - does anyone have a photo to put up of the 'alternative' view. I have never bought one because it was so huge and ugly, but could be tempted now depending on the new view. I wish we were given that alternative view when we go to buy.
I have one on farm 4 Helen:)

BrookeB
Oct 24 2010, 04:33 AM
I've tried selling items from animals and trees but no one even buy the items. well, i realized that who on earth would want to buy items that they can harvest. This option is best for ingredients from facilities...

Selling products from animals and trees can be very practical if a neighbor cannot harvest enough to keep his/her facilities running at peak performance. I'm happy to sell my excess milk or eggs (assuming I had any!!) to my neighbor. I can see a lot of players making use of this new feature. :o

HelenJS22
Oct 24 2010, 04:38 AM
I have one on farm 4 Helen:)

Thank you very much Phanny - that is much smaller and I might be tempted now. Much appreciated.

xxjimmyxx
Oct 24 2010, 04:40 AM

hear you go :)
http://i52.tinypic.com/16bj81y.jpg

Lene Bay
Oct 24 2010, 07:43 AM
There is one word I can't find in my dictionaries. A cantaloupe is that a kind of a mushroom? I think that's what we call "kantarel" in Danish. Am I right?

xxjimmyxx
Oct 24 2010, 07:50 AM
There is one word I can't find in my dictionaries. A cantaloupe is that a kind of a mushroom? I think that's what we call "kantarel" in Danish. Am I right?
Cantaloupe is a type of melon

tharcicia
Oct 24 2010, 08:19 AM
Thank you very much Phanny - that is much smaller and I might be tempted now. Much appreciated.

Thanks for sharing Phanny it looks a lot better and also for me a reason to buy it now!

Also thanks to xxjimmyxx for sharing the pic!

TootTootTootsie
Oct 24 2010, 08:40 AM
I LOVE FT's DEVS!!!!!!!! Thank you so much, your the greatest!!! When I went to fertilize this morning I put the fertilizer in storage to use the new feature. I almost died laughing seeing the "Pig Poo" falling from the sky like rain as it fertilized my farm. LOVE IT!!!!! :)
Me too, I was really LMAO:D

Gypsey1
Oct 24 2010, 08:45 AM
FANTASTIC! The game is just getting better and better!:)

anusyriac
Oct 24 2010, 08:50 AM
I have problem in playing farmtown ,till 21-10-2010 I had played game but slashky.com change the URL added game in URL this word is blocked here ,Please help me to continue the play FARMTOWN

garden ho
Oct 24 2010, 08:58 AM
MISSION CONTROL WE GOT A PROBLEM........i dont want to rain on your parade but i attempted to switch the oil refinery to the new view and now i dont have an oil refinery has anyone else had this prob\lem and yes i have cleared cache i have the latests flash and shockwave and all drivers are updated and i reset the modem and fully restarted the computer from totally off

The same thing happened to me. I switched the view and then put it in storage to move it to another farm and it had disappeared. Ditto on all the troubleshooting beforehand as well.

garden ho
Oct 24 2010, 09:09 AM
ok rob u da man that worked thank you so kindly

I did this but still no oil refinery - after updating the storage should i restart my computer?

cr8054
Oct 24 2010, 09:53 AM
Okay so does this mean we won't be able to sell the things from our facilities at all??
I don't own the refinery but own the oil pump. What I wan to be able to do is sell my crude to those with the refinery so I can get fuel from them without having to spend even more FC that I have to buy. ARG want to sell the crude!!!

Somehow I dont think the devs want stuff from the facilities to be sold farmer to farmer. They want you BUY the facilities. Cant say I blame them since thats how they make the money to stay in business.

tomater
Oct 24 2010, 10:18 AM
Luv the new Cedar Trees, but they're to pretty to chop down. :rolleyes:

Big Honking Toe
Oct 24 2010, 10:20 AM
This was a great update, but I want to point out 1 problem, 1 option that is prompted that needs adding, tree shaker needs to work on multi farms and something that still needs to be added.

It's hard to try and get people to sell you stuff since there is no special area to go to buy/sell stuff.

The new all tools button is great, but there needs to be a option to set it to be expanded every time you go to the tools.

There is so many tree's that need shaking my 1 farm can't hold them all.I know most people like spreading their tree's out too over multiple farms.It doesn't matter the reason the 45Fc tree shaker really needs to work on all farms.

The last issue is when I try and go to the market place to get people to sell me stuff they try and hire me -.- . There really needs to be a option to ignore all non friend hire requests.

I am a lvl 135 got well over 200m cash, all 6 farms, all facility's and almost 2m xp I don't want to go work for every Tim, Dick and Jane that see's me.

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 24 2010, 10:35 AM
This was a great update, but I want to point out 1 problem, 1 option that is prompted that needs adding, tree shaker needs to work on multi farms and something that still needs to be added.

There is so many tree's that need shaking my 1 farm can't hold them all.I know most people like spreading their tree's out too over multiple farms.It doesn't matter the reason the 45Fc tree shaker really needs to work on all farms.

Is your tree shaker in storage? Because mine is and I can use it on all farms.

dansd111
Oct 24 2010, 10:47 AM
... tree shaker needs to work on multi farms and something that still needs to be added.

It's hard to try and get people to sell you stuff since there is no special area to go to buy/sell stuff.

The last issue is when I try and go to the market place to get people to sell me stuff they try and hire me

1) As mentioned, put your tree shaker in storage and it will work on all farms.

2) Go offline when selling goods and you will be the only one in the market.

3) Agree that there needs to be a better way to sell primary products to other users. I have tried, but few people are interested. I have tried to buy products too, but no one has what I need. I guess I should post on my wall for my neighbors, but I have to be online the same time as them. Many are in other parts of the world so we are time zone challenged :\

Grayce M. Jones
Oct 24 2010, 10:47 AM
When, for the new levels and farm #7, how soon. We have been waiting.

FarmerJohn
Oct 24 2010, 10:48 AM
ok well i was excited for a sec and i guess i misread the selling to other farmer part i thought i could buy everyone crops and i cant i can only buy 500 a day and for someone like me and others this is nothing. I should be able to buy 500 a person this way i can fill all these factories as i own all them and would love to max them out. i do anyway but would love a shorter time than what it is taking me now

earlgray
Oct 24 2010, 10:58 AM
The new cedar trees are quite lovely; I wish they could be rotated.

SunnyD
Oct 24 2010, 11:00 AM
oh goodness this is too cool love the sell to others feature.............

lulu836
Oct 24 2010, 11:11 AM
This is way off topic but I just tried to add a forum member whose tag line offers to be a friend/neighbor because my old FT friends have pretty much quit playing. The following is what I saw:

Warnings › I was blocked or disabled
Why didn't my friend request go through?
Facebook is a place for connecting with friends, family and other peop...
Facebook is a place for connecting with friends, family and other people you know personally.

If you’ve been prevented from adding friends on Facebook, it’s likely because many friend requests you’ve sent recently have gone unanswered. This may be because you’ve sent friend requests to strangers, or it may be due to other behavior that Facebook members have reported as unwelcome.

You’ll be allowed to add friends again soon. At that time, please remember to only send friend requests and messages to people who you already know personally. Otherwise, additional limits may be placed on your account.

I have not tried to befriend anybody anywhere for months and I never got a refusal from FB when I did. Anybody know what is going on?

Big Honking Toe
Oct 24 2010, 11:24 AM
1) As mentioned, put your tree shaker in storage and it will work on all farms.

2) Go offline when selling goods and you will be the only one in the market.

3) Agree that there needs to be a better way to sell primary products to other users. I have tried, but few people are interested. I have tried to buy products too, but no one has what I need. I guess I should post on my wall for my neighbors, but I have to be online the same time as them. Many are in other parts of the world so we are time zone challenged :\

Did not know the first part ty.

On the second part that is not helpful I still get constant job offers when I am trying to get others to work for me.Basically I don't really talk to anyone at all when I am in farm town because they all try and hire me -.-

LibrarianLee
Oct 24 2010, 11:52 AM

Yes - aren't the cedar trees just splendid? They are just the prettiest tree we have, I think!

ken953
Oct 24 2010, 11:59 AM
Buy and Sell option is nice but 500 isn't enough should be unlimited..Just think of all the fun we would have at the marketplace if it was unlimited..You could even add on a new auction block for the harvest! add some life to this game and let's auction off our Harvest and other Goodies!! Would be Fun Fun Fun!!

FarmerJohn
Oct 24 2010, 12:48 PM
ok i dont mean to keep on this subject but i got threw over 5000 grapes to fill up all six winery so 500 wont even cover one farm and furthermore you say 500 is almost a complete farm well i know the output of each of my farms and what each will produce of one crop (yes i am a addict) and for a example potatoes one field will do 1857 and that is with manure and so if you cut it in half that is 900 basicaly so come on guys let us buy from everyone 500 a person not 500 every 12 hours that is realy just not enough!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

kathyonthefarm
Oct 24 2010, 01:15 PM
This is way off topic but I just tried to add a forum member whose tag line offers to be a friend/neighbor because my old FT friends have pretty much quit playing. The following is what I saw:

Warnings › I was blocked or disabled
Why didn't my friend request go through?
Facebook is a place for connecting with friends, family and other peop...
Facebook is a place for connecting with friends, family and other people you know personally.

If you’ve been prevented from adding friends on Facebook, it’s likely because many friend requests you’ve sent recently have gone unanswered. This may be because you’ve sent friend requests to strangers, or it may be due to other behavior that Facebook members have reported as unwelcome.

You’ll be allowed to add friends again soon. At that time, please remember to only send friend requests and messages to people who you already know personally. Otherwise, additional limits may be placed on your account.

I have not tried to befriend anybody anywhere for months and I never got a refusal from FB when I did. Anybody know what is going on?
I had the same problem and was really quite mad. I was responding to a friend request and it did this. I hadn't request in a long time and only add people that I have been helping or know through other people. Any way it allowed me to add her by the end of the day. Dont take it to heart as I think it's some new kind of glich in FB.

Mystix
Oct 24 2010, 01:39 PM
To really use the perfume Factory (30 fc) you gotta first have the oil pump (coins) ok that's easy then you have to have the Oil refinery (32 fc) not so easy then the Petrochemical Plant (coins) ok easyand the Essential oil plant.
That's a lot of fc and a lot of different items just to make perfume and such if I'm right in all the items you need.

Mrs Mags
Oct 24 2010, 02:01 PM
To really use the perfume Factory (30 fc) you gotta first have the oil pump (coins) ok that's easy then you have to have the Oil refinery (32 fc) not so easy then the Petrochemical Plant (coins) ok easyand the Essential oil plant.
That's a lot of fc and a lot of different items just to make perfume and such if I'm right in all the items you need.

I think you may have to have the olive oil factory as well, it now makes coconut oil as well as olive oil...not sure though...

kevinc1984
Oct 24 2010, 02:52 PM
is there more levels in the near future

StoneFace
Oct 24 2010, 03:05 PM
is there more levels in the near future

That would be a big YEP.

This release also stated that the next upgrade (did NOT say when - prob in about 2 weeks) would include farm #7 and more levels

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=0)
Ranchito Knotso Grande (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=1)
Costaplenty Plantation (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=2)
More Wine, Less Whine (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=3)
Plantopia (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=4)
Fattoria Sesto (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=5)

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=0)
Garden of Weed’n (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=1)
Dave’s Ja Vu (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=2)
Nopicky-Nomoney (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=3)
Iowna Lotaland (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=4)
Wurthdawait (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=5)

Miz Lisa
Oct 24 2010, 03:34 PM
the 4x4 plow is not a glitch. you have to use fc to buy the 4x4 harvester and seeder, they gave us the plow. Thanks devs!

Since the 4x4 plow is listed in the tool section with a $45. farm cash price tag, there is a mistake somewhere. Either it shouldn't be listed or anybody being able to use the plow, is a glitch.

lulu836
Oct 24 2010, 03:44 PM
I had the same problem and was really quite mad. I was responding to a friend request and it did this. I hadn't request in a long time and only add people that I have been helping or know through other people. Any way it allowed me to add her by the end of the day. Dont take it to heart as I think it's some new kind of glich in FB.

OK thanks for the reply.

mendyd
Oct 24 2010, 03:53 PM
this is the best part of any upgrade. Thank you sooo much.

I hope we can sell things from our storage soon....without putting it on the farm and selling it that way. Or maybe sell it to folks at the market, etc.

Thanks for the wonderful game!!!! :):):):):)

LoreneC
Oct 24 2010, 03:57 PM
Since the 4x4 plow is listed in the tool section with a $45. farm cash price tag, there is a mistake somewhere. Either it shouldn't be listed or anybody being able to use the plow, is a glitch.

The solar plow in the market is for someone who does not have ten neighbors.

sdsickinger
Oct 24 2010, 03:59 PM
I have changed my refinery about 5 times now and it reverts back to the old one every time.Anyone else having this problem? How do I get it to stay? HELP!
Thanks

ponygirl22
Oct 24 2010, 04:03 PM
Holy cow, Farm 7?? I'm going crazy with the 6 I have. haha :D

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 24 2010, 04:03 PM
I have changed my refinery about 5 times now and it reverts back to the old one every time.Anyone else having this problem? How do I get it to stay? HELP!
Thanks

Make sure you click the save icon after you switch the view.

sdsickinger
Oct 24 2010, 04:08 PM
]Make sure you click the save icon after you switch the view.

I did that and it still reverts back... Thanks though
Any other Ideas??

JKatz
Oct 24 2010, 04:09 PM
Well done & thank you! :D

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 24 2010, 04:10 PM
]Make sure you click the save icon after you switch the view.

I did that and it still reverts back... Thanks though
Any other Ideas??

Only other idea is making sure your cache has been emptied and then trying to switch the view.

bbyboop1977
Oct 24 2010, 04:21 PM
Something that would be really nice would to have question marks on the crops so you know what crop goes with what facilities.

sdsickinger
Oct 24 2010, 04:35 PM
Only other idea is making sure your cache has been emptied and then trying to switch the view.

Tried that too and it still want stay... Now what??
Thanks for trying to help Double T I need all the help I can get..

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 24 2010, 04:37 PM
Tried that too and it still want stay... Now what??
Thanks for trying to help Double T I need all the help I can get..

Last thing that I can do is clear up your farm data on your farm if you link it.

Hessel
Oct 24 2010, 04:51 PM
Is this up and running yet or am I just not finding the icon??

Any help here is appreciated.

sdsickinger
Oct 24 2010, 04:53 PM
Last thing that I can do is clear up your farm data on your farm if you link it.

I hope It's linked.. Let me know

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 24 2010, 04:55 PM
Is this up and running yet or am I just not finding the icon??

Any help here is appreciated.

It is up and running, should be on the bottom of the menu of the avatar you click to sell to :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 24 2010, 04:56 PM
I hope It's linked.. Let me know

Basically linked :) Got your id from it...and cleared up your farm data. Maybe that will help.

sdsickinger
Oct 24 2010, 05:08 PM
Basically linked :) Got your id from it...and cleared up your farm data. Maybe that will help.

I think that was the wrong ID number... I have done it again ..maybe this will be correct this time.. Can you do it again please? Thanks so much

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 24 2010, 05:10 PM
I think that was the wrong ID number... I have done it again ..maybe this will be correct this time.. Can you do it again please? Thanks so much

Alright cleaned up your farm data now :)

And your link should be:

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1383108606

sdsickinger
Oct 24 2010, 05:16 PM
Alright cleaned up your farm data now :)

And your link should be:

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1383108606

It still reverts back to old view.. Thanks for the link info. I changed it in my signature..

Mrs.Green
Oct 24 2010, 05:22 PM
Where is the Extended Tool Box ,I am having trouble finding it.

Taz D
Oct 24 2010, 05:28 PM
Click on the tool box and then click on the green arrow at the top.

tinlug
Oct 24 2010, 05:33 PM
oh well there goes my life again now to start planning on where I am going to put everything - just wish i could turn the buildings a bit better

AZHorseLady
Oct 24 2010, 05:34 PM
I don't know that it will be worth getting the petrochemical plant because it takes crude oil. That means that one would need to quit using it for fuel and use it for the plant instead or at least quit using some of it for fuel. I have a crude oil thing on each of 6 farms. If they are going to add another item it is needed for, it might be nice to increase the amount each of these crude oil facilities can make a day.

OMG, I produce more fuel than you can shake a stick at, and I only have the pump on 3 farms. My last refueling gave me over a 100 thousand gallons of fuel......and that was a while back. I still have over 84,000 and I have all the tools that require fuel and use them frequently. I'm sure you will find, once you start using them, you have way more than enough.:D:D

SueW170
Oct 24 2010, 05:48 PM
A cantaloupe is a mellon -- tan/grey-green color outside and orange inside. When fully ripe, the cantaloupe is juicy and slightly sweet. Often eaten with breakfast here in the US or cut into chunks and combined with watermelon and honeydew melon (light green in color) chunks as a fruit salad or even a light dessert.

Hessel
Oct 24 2010, 05:53 PM
I have tried clearing my browser, and I have looked everywhere I can thing of.

I think you might need to add a special ed class for peeps like me. I can't find the sell to icon for love or money. Lol......

dorissau
Oct 24 2010, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=SueW170;4079706][COLOR="DarkGreen"]A cantaloupe is a mellon --

A cantaloupe (also spelled without the "e") is a MELON. When I go to the marketplace, the notice also says loading WATERMELLON. Somebody at your site really likes double-l's!!

Abbybabygurl
Oct 24 2010, 06:10 PM
Well I see you might have woke up on the wrong side of the farm.

I am not nuts. But I am entitled to my opinion as we try to simply discuss the "complaints" of others.

Since I am not the developer, I can hardly TELL anyone how to play the game. Too bad the forum is so full of complaints and not so full of solutions or suggestions to the complaints.

You have the choice to play under the guidelines and the limitations of the game or not to play.... just as I do. Personally I think the game has become much easier than ever. Reaching a billion coins is quite easy. Buying (for FTcash) is also quite easy.

My suggestion - to use coin only - also included making the FTcash cost higher as one progresses through the game. My opinion.

Seems like whatever the developers do, some one complains with a comment that it "is not fair" or maybe "it is too expensive" or "it is unreasonable".

I thought that most posters here were civil..... my mistake.:rolleyes:

okayy well i think one i have no idea how on earth you think its incredibly easy to make 1 billion a day i personally think its still just as hard to make coins considering for two weeks now i been saving up and have only gotten to 20 mill which is the highest amount of coins ive ever had, two i think that they should leave things the way they are with buying farms because one if they make them coins ONLY they will lose money because people wont be buying fc to upgrade farms two if they raise the ammount of fc needed to upgrade people will just go the coins route. or they will simply quit playing or not upgrade their farms.

Sandie Angel
Oct 24 2010, 06:14 PM
I'm so happy farm town is making so many changes and upgrades. It is AWESOME!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!

Sandie Angel )

FarmerBenwa
Oct 24 2010, 06:26 PM
Will it be possible, when the trading of goods takes effect, to sell someone a PORTION of one's stock? In other words, let's say I have 2,000 units of wheat (and let's ignore the "large" loads vs. regular loads to simplify). Can I choose to sell someone only 500 units of wheat, or will I have to sell all 2,000?

_A_S_H_L_E_E_
Oct 24 2010, 06:33 PM
I definitely agree with what several have said - this is an amazing update, but an unlimited option when selling to other farmers would be fantastic! I bought some items from a neighbor and (thinking the limit was only in each individual deal and not for that amount for the entire 12 hours) went to buy some things from my husband and saw that he couldn't sell to me yet :(. I love the addition of the feature - but some minor tweaking can make it even better ;-).

Now if we can get some type of manure spreader to double the amount of fruit from trees (so I can get rid of half my trees and free up a ton of room) would make this the perfect game :D.

bbyboop1977
Oct 24 2010, 06:41 PM
Will it be possible, when the trading of goods takes effect, to sell someone a PORTION of one's stock? In other words, let's say I have 2,000 units of wheat (and let's ignore the "large" loads vs. regular loads to simplify). Can I choose to sell someone only 500 units of wheat, or will I have to sell all 2,000?

Yes you can choose. It goes from 50 to 500 and you can also choose the mark up price. From above 50% to 10%. At market price or 10% below.

Also you can only sell 500 units to one person each 12 hours.

dorissau
Oct 24 2010, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=_A_S_H_L_E_E_;4079890]I definitely agree with what several have said - this is an amazing update, but an unlimited option when selling to other farmers would be fantastic! I bought some items from a neighbor and (thinking the limit was only in each individual deal and not for that amount for the entire 12 hours) went to buy some things from my husband and saw that he couldn't sell to me yet :(

Does this mean that some players have received the option of inter-selling and some of us DID NOT???

HelenJS22
Oct 24 2010, 06:47 PM
hear you go :)
http://i52.tinypic.com/16bj81y.jpg

Thank you - I've been planing to buy one now, but have realised that in order to get this 'view' of it, I still appear to have to clear a spot capable of fitting the full size old one on it first .... Grrrrrr

SueW170
Oct 24 2010, 07:38 PM
Yes, they are lovely, very nice design. When I suggested cedar trees, I was thinking of the Western Red Cedar (US) which is tall, like pines and Douglas fir trees. The wood of the Western Red Cedar is used in making shingles for siding and roofs, decks and outdoor furniture. I'll have to look up cedar trees and see if I can fine what type ours in FT are.
Although I've no plan to get the Essential Oils Facility, I've bought quite a few of the cedar trees to add variety to my forests. They also look attractive around the woodland theme layout buildings. One of the best tree designs since the cherry tree.

Jeb1944
Oct 24 2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks Raul, I am eager to use the extended tool bar, but I do not find it anywhere. Is there something I need to do?

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. 7 trees: Cedar, Star, Pecan, Tamarind, Pistachios, Papaya and Autum Tree.

2. 9 crops: Green Beans, Cantaloupe, Spinach, Cauliflower, Rhubarb, Oregano, Lavender, Sesame Seeds and Parsley.

3. 17 new Halloween items (Coins): These were launched a few days ago.

4. New, smaller version of the Oil Refinery: Use the 'Switch View' option from the item menu.

5. Extended Tool Box: The tool box vertical bar now have a green arrow on top, when you click on it, it will expand and display every single tool in the game, including the Mobile Sprinkler, Chainsaw, Boat, Manure Spreader and all Seeders. A few observations:

- If you have a tool on the current farm or on the item storage you can access it from the expanded tool box as well.

- If you have a tool on storage, you can also use the less powerfull version of that tool even if you don't own it, for example, if you own a 3x3 Seeder, you can also use the 2x2 and 2x1 Seeders.

- When you launch the Manure Spreader from the extended tool box, you'll have to click anywhere on the farm to fertilize it, you'll see a quick animation when you do this. You can also navigate to another farm and continue fertilizing. In a few days, this will also be the behaivor when fertilizing farms using the Manure Spreader tool located on a farm.

6. 4x4 Seeder, 4x4 Harvester and 4x4 Plower (FC): Plant 16 fields at a time.

7. Inter-User Trading of Primary Products [To be launched later today or tomorrow]: A new option in the avatar menu named 'Sell Products To' will allow you to sell your PRIMARY products to other users that need them for their facilities.

- Primary Products are products comming directly from plants (fruits and vegetables), from animals, flowers or fish.
- The purchaser don't need to be a friend or a neighbour of the seller, this option can be used everywhere, including the market.
- Every user can purchase as much as 500 products from other users every 12 hours. Notice this is almost a full farm of crops, or many fish or animals products that you can buy without having to work for them wasting space and time.
- The Total Price that the seller and purchaser see may be different, as purchaser is always paying the price for a Medium Box, even if seller is selling a combination of large and medium boxes. The difference comes from the Mayor, so the the seller don't lose money either.
- The Seller can sell the products:

1. 10% below market price: If seller wants to give a friend a break even at his expense

2. At market price: this will be the same as selling the products to the mayor, but it may be convenient sometimes when users want to sell products to each other

3. 10-50% above market price: In this case the seller is making a profit, but it may still be a good deal for purchasers if they put those products to good use on their facilities

8. Petrochemical Plant (Coins): Allows you to produce Ethanol. It requires Petrochemical Barrels as input, which you can produce in the Oil refinery. In the future this plant will also produce nylon, plastics and other products.

Pink Roses Essential Oil -> notice that pink roses are the ones needed, not red or white roses.
Iris Essential Oil
Violet Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil
Peach Essential Oil
Vanilla Essential Oil
Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cedar Essential Oil -> you need Cedar Log Piles to produce this essential oil, which you get by chopping cedar trees.

10. Perfume Factory (FC): Allows you to produce perfumes out of the Ethanol, Coconut Oil and a combination of Essential Oils. You can produce Coconut Oil in the Oil Factory.

Baby Perfume
Body Splash
Eau de Toilette
Cologne
Eau de Parfum
Perfume

11. Chinese Restaurant (FC): Allows you to produce Chinese Food. You can produce Soy Sause in the Food Preserve Factory. You can produce Chinese Noodles in the Pasta Factory.

Egg Rolls
Fried Rice
Sesame Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
Chicken Chow Mein
Fortune Cookies

12. Item Storage bug corrected: A very small % of users were losing items when adding them to the storage even when they had enough capacity, this has been corrected.

**More levels and farm 7 on the next release**

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

SueW170
Oct 24 2010, 07:52 PM
Yes, they are lovely, very nice design. When I suggested cedar trees, I was thinking of the Western Red Cedar (US) which is tall, like pines and Douglas fir trees. The wood of the Western Red Cedar is used in making shingles for siding and roofs, decks and outdoor furniture. I'll have to look up cedar trees and see if I can fine what type ours in FT are.
Although I've no plan to get the Essential Oils Facility, I've bought quite a few of the cedar trees to add variety to my forests. They also look attractive around the woodland theme layout buildings. One of the best tree designs since the cherry tree.
Maybe this is our FT Cedar (Cedar of Lebanon)
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14234&pictureid=36678
These look like cedars I see around where I live
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14234&pictureid=36674
Here's a pic I found of a Western Red Cedar showing the trunk & bark and inset of the leaf detail
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14234&pictureid=36682

Okay -- back to game business....

psycho_mommi
Oct 24 2010, 07:53 PM
hello all, just wondering, is anyone having problems getting into ft today??? i keep getting an "error saving data. error xlink. please click green tick to reconnect" message. i click the tick and no reconnect, but the same message over n over.

BrookeB
Oct 24 2010, 08:22 PM
hello all, just wondering, is anyone having problems getting into ft today??? i keep getting an "error saving data. error xlink. please click green tick to reconnect" message. i click the tick and no reconnect, but the same message over n over.

No problems whatsoever. However, here is the official thread that might help you.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4307

1fritz
Oct 24 2010, 08:38 PM
I didn't buy them... too expensive. i'd rather use the 3x3 tools and spend FC on facilities which will give profit.

My thoughts exactly. Besides I just reconfigured me farms for 3x3. I'll spend Farm Cash of factories, or other tools I think are useful, I have the tree chopper, flower picker, tree shaker. But not these.

bobbe jo
Oct 24 2010, 08:38 PM
cool....love all the upgrades...keep them coming Raul and all....hope the trading crops starts soon...!

1fritz
Oct 24 2010, 08:46 PM
WOW.. all the upgrades have been great..but this one amazing. The best addittion is the expanded tool menu bar. Makes it so easy to use tools I bought for farmcash (so only had one) to use on other farms, plus the space it saves don't have to have a harvester and planter on each farm to speed things up like I used to. Thanks again.

Fritz:D

psycho_mommi
Oct 24 2010, 08:48 PM
thanks much brook b for the info!! happy farming!!! =)

theperfectnina
Oct 24 2010, 08:50 PM
Can't wait for the 7th farm. I have tried switching view on the Oil Refinery and when I go back to that farm it's the big version again????

SunnyD
Oct 24 2010, 08:58 PM
I am not sure but I am thinking that they only have a limitation on the daily amount of what we can buy from people maybe a way of trying out this ability.. and they will most likely raise the amount we can purchase when they get an grasp of how well this is working.........

janisko
Oct 24 2010, 08:59 PM
Even though this means I will take a loss by selling my extra seeders & harvesters, I'm thrilled that moving them off my farms will free up more space for crops -- and more facilities. You guys are AWESOME!!! Love the fact that I can access all my tools in storage from the toolbox -- don't have to load and unload them from farm to farm and don't have to wait for crop storage to load either.

One small request -- which I will also post to the suggestions thread. Could we please have a "Seasonal Items" storage. You've given us so many super-neat Halloween items -- and I'm looking forward to many new Christmas and Thanksgiving items. I'd like to keep the ones I have, but I'm really loathe to have to navigate through them to get to the items I want.

BRAVO, FT developers!!! You just keep making this game better and better and better. You're burying the competition!!! HUZZAH!!!

GREAT idea. I wish I had thought of that. My storage is packed with seasonal items and I often sell things just so I don't have to maneuver through my storage bin, which loads sooooo slowly in Firefox. Tabs would make it so much more convenient.

Lavender Sky
Oct 24 2010, 09:03 PM
The upgrades sound great!!! Where is the avatar menu located? thank you for your help:D

Tony D
Oct 24 2010, 09:04 PM
The upgrades sound great!!! Where is the avatar menu located? thank you for your help:DHi you just click on the persons Avatar

janisko
Oct 24 2010, 09:05 PM
I have read several replies from folks who want to sell part of their overstocked items. I do too! But this is what I do in the meantime. When I notice that my olive oil or chocolate, is in the 5 figures, I stop storing it and leave it in the factory. I let it build up at the factory until I have enough to use. Then I sell all of what is in storage. The upon my return, I store what is at the factory. It is a bit of a pain and I too would like an easier way, but hey it works for now.

GREAT idea and it will work for most things but my problem is almonds, which aren't in a factory. I could just leave them unharvested but I'd love to sell off part of what I have.

SunnyD
Oct 24 2010, 09:07 PM
Can't wait for the 7th farm. I have tried switching view on the Oil Refinery and when I go back to that farm it's the big version again????

this is happening to a few my neighbors they have emptied cache and then it worked for them....

sdsickinger
Oct 24 2010, 09:13 PM
It still reverts back to old view.. Thanks for the link info. I changed it in my signature..

Thanks Double T.. It finally worked,......... You are the best!

Abbybabygurl
Oct 24 2010, 09:16 PM
GREAT idea. I wish I had thought of that. My storage is packed with seasonal items and I often sell things just so I don't have to maneuver through my storage bin, which loads sooooo slowly in Firefox. Tabs would make it so much more convenient.agrred but could we have it so that our seasonal storsges hold seperate capacity then the original storage im often selling of things because i run out of storage room

Sesselwill
Oct 24 2010, 09:56 PM
A new option in the avatar menu named 'Sell Products To' will allow you to sell your PRIMARY products to other users that need them for their facilities.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

So, when will we be able to buy non-primary items like cheese or bread? Just wondering and hoping! Thanks for the new stuff!

joyce.pendleton
Oct 24 2010, 10:21 PM
Must I put my TOOLS seeder, manure spreader, etc. in STORAGE BOX in order to click on NEW EXPANDED TOOL ICON when using them on different farms? NOT ON A FARM OTHER:( THAN FARM I NEED TO USE IT ON? This is unclear in the instructions . :o

joyce.pendleton
Oct 24 2010, 10:25 PM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. 7 trees: Cedar, Star, Pecan, Tamarind, Pistachios, Papaya and Autum Tree.

2. 9 crops: Green Beans, Cantaloupe, Spinach, Cauliflower, Rhubarb, Oregano, Lavender, Sesame Seeds and Parsley.

3. 17 new Halloween items (Coins): These were launched a few days ago.

4. New, smaller version of the Oil Refinery: Use the 'Switch View' option from the item menu.

5. Extended Tool Box: The tool box vertical bar now have a green arrow on top, when you click on it, it will expand and display every single tool in the game, including the Mobile Sprinkler, Chainsaw, Boat, Manure Spreader and all Seeders. A few observations:

- If you have a tool on the current farm or on the item storage you can access it from the expanded tool box as well.

- If you have a tool on storage, you can also use the less powerfull version of that tool even if you don't own it, for example, if you own a 3x3 Seeder, you can also use the 2x2 and 2x1 Seeders.

- When you launch the Manure Spreader from the extended tool box, you'll have to click anywhere on the farm to fertilize it, you'll see a quick animation when you do this. You can also navigate to another farm and continue fertilizing. In a few days, this will also be the behaivor when fertilizing farms using the Manure Spreader tool located on a farm.

6. 4x4 Seeder, 4x4 Harvester and 4x4 Plower (FC): Plant 16 fields at a time.

7. Inter-User Trading of Primary Products [To be launched later today or tomorrow]: A new option in the avatar menu named 'Sell Products To' will allow you to sell your PRIMARY products to other users that need them for their facilities.

- Primary Products are products comming directly from plants (fruits and vegetables), from animals, flowers or fish.
- The purchaser don't need to be a friend or a neighbour of the seller, this option can be used everywhere, including the market.
- Every user can purchase as much as 500 products from other users every 12 hours. Notice this is almost a full farm of crops, or many fish or animals products that you can buy without having to work for them wasting space and time.
- The Total Price that the seller and purchaser see may be different, as purchaser is always paying the price for a Medium Box, even if seller is selling a combination of large and medium boxes. The difference comes from the Mayor, so the the seller don't lose money either.

1. 10% below market price: If seller wants to give a friend a break even at his expense

2. At market price: this will be the same as selling the products to the mayor, but it may be convenient sometimes when users want to sell products to each other

3. 10-50% above market price: In this case the seller is making a profit, but it may still be a good deal for purchasers if they put those products to good use on their facilities

8. Petrochemical Plant (Coins): Allows you to produce Ethanol. It requires Petrochemical Barrels as input, which you can produce in the Oil refinery. In the future this plant will also produce nylon, plastics and other products.

Iris Essential Oil
Violet Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil
Peach Essential Oil
Vanilla Essential Oil
Cinnamon Essential Oil

10. Perfume Factory (FC): Allows you to produce perfumes out of the Ethanol, Coconut Oil and a combination of Essential Oils. You can produce Coconut Oil in the Oil Factory.

Baby Perfume
Body Splash
Eau de Toilette
Cologne
Eau de Parfum
Perfume

11. Chinese Restaurant (FC): Allows you to produce Chinese Food. You can produce Soy Sause in the Food Preserve Factory. You can produce Chinese Noodles in the Pasta Factory.

Egg Rolls
Fried Rice
Sesame Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
Chicken Chow Mein
Fortune Cookies

12. Item Storage bug corrected: A very small % of users were losing items when adding them to the storage even when they had enough capacity, this has been corrected.

**More levels and farm 7 on the next release**

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
Please more details about how to use the new expanded tool icons? Should I put all tools in storage and would I then be able to just click icon and use tools on different farms without taking out of storage box? My storage takes excessiively long to load so I don't like to remove items from it.
Can I just put tools on 1 farm and access them thru icon on different farms? Can't do this now.

Also why does a too I take to a farm with the yellow glove disappear and return to original farm?

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 24 2010, 10:32 PM
Please more details about how to use the new expanded tool icons? Should I put all tools in storage and would I then be able to just click icon and use tools on different farms without taking out of storage box? My storage takes excessiively long to load so I don't like to remove items from it.
Can I just put tools on 1 farm and access them thru icon on different farms? Can't do this now.

Also why does a too I take to a farm with the yellow glove disappear and return to original farm?

It's quite simple really...you place your tools in storage. Then go to whichever farm you want and then click the arrow in the tool box to expand the menu and click the tool. Never have to take the tool out at all :)

With the yellow hand it just takes a copy of the tool. The original tool stays on the first farm that it was on.

SeamsToBeSew
Oct 25 2010, 01:05 AM
So, when will we be able to buy non-primary items like cheese or bread? Just wondering and hoping! Thanks for the new stuff!

You can get those items by working neighbors facilities, so I doubt very much you will ever get the opportunity to buy them via the marketplace feature.

tricia g
Oct 25 2010, 04:45 AM
Something that would be really nice would to have question marks on the crops so you know what crop goes with what facilities.

I would love this to happen then I wouldn't need to update my list every time.
I try and plant atleast a bit of everything thats needed.

Thanx for all the new facilities and crops/trees/flowers. I now have them all up and running.
Love the new buy produce from other farmers

Now whwere's farm 7/8/9. Can not wait any longer seriously NEED it now, its not a want its a need :rolleyes:

HelenJS22
Oct 25 2010, 04:57 AM
I know this is a little late in coming, but I've been a bit busy in the real world :(

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Cedar tree :D It is absolutely beautiful and whoever designed it did a wonderful job of it.

Oh, and the tool changes, and the buying from others, and the ... and the .... are all pretty darned good too !!!!!

THANK YOU !!!!!

Phoenix Granny
Oct 25 2010, 06:41 AM
:D I don't know when I am going to sleep...I am glad that farm seven is on the way because the facilities are taking up a lot of room....U guys are the best when it comes to keeping the game interesting, but I have a question....the XP given for crops seems to be outo f whack...why do I get the same XP for a one day crops as I do for a four day crops...seems a little disproportionate to me....could this be fixed to reflect the number of days needed for the crop to mature.... also would like to see more gifting of coin items to newbies...they have a hard time getting anyting worthwhile...would love to pay it forward and gift a few items like the chicken coop or dairy barn....don't know how that would disrupt the gaming experience but I think it would be awesome to do...

Between Farmtown, Cafe World and My Vineyard I am busy all day...trying now to get some simbalence of order to my farm as far as planting and placement of the facilities...but U ladies and gents totally rock...I don't know what I would do if I could not tend my farms.....U really listen to your players and I truly appreciate that....

Also could u find more free ways to earn Farmcash...like contests, decorating farm for a particular theme etc....I am not working and I am disabled so having enough money to buy farmcash is not possible...but lots of free ways would be awesome....

Thanks for the fantastically awesome gaming experience I am having...still waiting for the smokehouse and/or BBQ pit....lol:D

Helen....love this quote...will be using it on my facebook status....thanks

Never argue with an idiot! He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

SunnyD
Oct 25 2010, 06:42 AM
I would love this to happen then I wouldn't need to update my list every time.
I try and plant atleast a bit of everything thats needed.

Thanx for all the new facilities and crops/trees/flowers. I now have them all up and running.
Love the new buy produce from other farmers

Now whwere's farm 7/8/9. Can not wait any longer seriously NEED it now, its not a want its a need :rolleyes:

you may already know this....... but just saying....... if you click on your facilities they have a ? on the products they make and that will tell you what crops you need to plant....... Just saying......

HelenJS22
Oct 25 2010, 08:32 AM
:D I don't know when I am going to sleep...I am glad that farm seven is on the way because the facilities are taking up a lot of room....U guys are the best when it comes to keeping the game interesting, but I have a question....the XP given for crops seems to be outo f whack...why do I get the same XP for a one day crops as I do for a four day crops...seems a little disproportionate to me....could this be fixed to reflect the number of days needed for the crop to mature.... also would like to see more gifting of coin items to newbies...they have a hard time getting anyting worthwhile...would love to pay it forward and gift a few items like the chicken coop or dairy barn....don't know how that would disrupt the gaming experience but I think it would be awesome to do...

Between Farmtown, Cafe World and My Vineyard I am busy all day...trying now to get some simbalence of order to my farm as far as planting and placement of the facilities...but U ladies and gents totally rock...I don't know what I would do if I could not tend my farms.....U really listen to your players and I truly appreciate that....

Also could u find more free ways to earn Farmcash...like contests, decorating farm for a particular theme etc....I am not working and I am disabled so having enough money to buy farmcash is not possible...but lots of free ways would be awesome....

Thanks for the fantastically awesome gaming experience I am having...still waiting for the smokehouse and/or BBQ pit....lol:D

Helen....love this quote...will be using it on my facebook status....thanks

Never argue with an idiot! He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

LOL - no problem. It's a good motto.

HelenJS22
Oct 25 2010, 08:34 AM
Oooooo - I forgot to add that It is simply awesome that I no longer have to go chasing my tools around the farms. The extended tool bar is FANTASTIC !!!!!

More THANK YOU !!!! :D

kimbee2
Oct 25 2010, 09:36 AM
I love the new selling option! Any chance of adding the products of the facilities?

JellyJoy
Oct 25 2010, 10:53 AM
hi Raul, I think I have a glitch!

Clicked on the irrigator to water the flowers and it won't let me saying "flowers can only be watered once a day" BUT...when I go to the water can in the tool bar it let's me water!

So...either it hasn't been 24 hours or the irrigator or water can's "timer" is off?

essexboy
Oct 25 2010, 11:14 AM
you may already know this....... but just saying....... if you click on your facilities they have a ? on the products they make and that will tell you what crops you need to plant....... Just saying......

yes im sure she does, as of I. but I dont want to come out of the seed section go to the facility section just so I can remember what seed makes what. if there was a ? mark in the seed store section it would help alot.

go...tell me off the top of your head all the ingredients for the pizza restaurant. without cheating. its hard to remember all the seeds to go to the right facility. here I will try without looking. onion, flour, tomato, cheese,pineapple,ham, mushroom. I bet I have forgot afew things. so atleast if we could flick through the seed section and see a ? mark, it could remind us that we need that seed.

LoreneC
Oct 25 2010, 11:29 AM
This is one of the best releases yet.

I like the selling option and I am sure with some tweaks it will be awesome.

I do not mind the limits or the fact it is plants, trees, and animals only! :)

bchannel13
Oct 25 2010, 12:07 PM
My items have not been showing up in my storage still. My pine trees that I cut down this morning are not in there, and my 104 cows that were harvested as well as my hens eggs did not go into storage so that I could use them in my facilities.

cindyt755
Oct 25 2010, 12:24 PM
Yes, Thank you for all the wonderful things. Please though do something about how much chicken we can get in a day. Since there is so many things that use the chicken now. Never have enough.

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 25 2010, 12:40 PM
ok i dont mean to keep on this subject but i got threw over 5000 grapes to fill up all six winery so 500 wont even cover one farm and furthermore you say 500 is almost a complete farm well i know the output of each of my farms and what each will produce of one crop (yes i am a addict) and for a example potatoes one field will do 1857 and that is with manure and so if you cut it in half that is 900 basicaly so come on guys let us buy from everyone 500 a person not 500 every 12 hours that is realy just not enough!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

actually a fully upgraded 24x24 farm without spaces is 32x32 is 1024 plots to plant on.

the 500 they claim to be almost a full farm is innaccurate.

it almost 1/2 a farm.

considering the farm gets fertalized it has 2048 plots so 500 isnt even a 1/4th of a farm

Mathew123
Oct 25 2010, 02:00 PM
Really like the changes, but hope there are some new animals soon. We've had lots of updates with no new animals. I really would love to see buffalo and deer. And the ability to buy cows, etc. Other than that, no complaints.

I agree. I'd love to be able to buy cows again. Much easier and funner than getting friends to send them to you.

kschilpe
Oct 25 2010, 03:18 PM
I need help, they say to click on your avatar when you want to sell to others but when I click on my avatar it just says walk, so what am I doing wrong

Taz D
Oct 25 2010, 03:20 PM
Has anyone noticed their latest addition put in about 3 hours ago? Now you have to own the 4x4 Plower to be able to use that size for plowing. This is a complete change from previous rules. Since they have made all three tools cost cash instead of coins I guess they decided that we need to own one to use that level. I don't want to spend another $10 (that is real cash) to buy another tool that I should not need.

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 25 2010, 03:22 PM
I need help, they say to click on your avatar when you want to sell to others but when I click on my avatar it just says walk, so what am I doing wrong

You have to click on the other person's avatar to sell to them :) They click on you if they want to sell to you.

jenny tait
Oct 25 2010, 03:35 PM
Luv you guys but i'm sure I would luv you more if you introduced auto return gifting and another farm plse plse plse

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 25 2010, 03:39 PM
Luv you guys but i'm sure I would luv you more if you introduced auto return gifting and another farm plse plse plse

If you read the first post, Raul said new levels and farm 7 will be coming in the next release ;)

diannevt
Oct 25 2010, 03:57 PM
Love the selling option because I always felt bad selling the sushi fish that I had no use for. We definitely need a separate place for selling to each other and a way to show what we have or are looking for. I lucked out in the marketplace and was able to connect with a person interested in the fish I couldn't use.

23Chris03
Oct 25 2010, 04:08 PM
This is not fair - we were given the ability to plow 16s for free, then they took it away from us!

Shame on you!!!!

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 25 2010, 04:09 PM
This is not fair - we were given the ability to plow 16s for free, then they took it away from us!

Shame on you!!!!

It was a glitch. And it wasn't fair to those that paid for the tools with FC while others used it for free :)

d_broun
Oct 25 2010, 04:29 PM
need neighbors cant upgrade my farm m new here.. help..:)

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 25 2010, 04:30 PM
need neighbors cant upgrade my farm m new here.. help..:)

You'll find plenty of neighbors in this thread here: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=318814

lulu836
Oct 25 2010, 04:43 PM
:mad:This is not fair - we were given the ability to plow 16s for free, then they took it away from us!

Shame on you!!!!

I fussed about sort of the same thing quite a while ago because the price of one of the more expensive items was reduced after I had bought it for the higher price. First I was told that I was having hallucinations but I had proof so thenI was told in no uncertain terms that this is a game in beta stage and if the devs wanted to change something I should shut up about it and let it go. Go figure.

mischellesteelersfan
Oct 25 2010, 05:18 PM
I dont mind spending FC on some items, but only if said items make more money for me.
Although the "sheet thrower":rolleyes: was awefull darn expensive at 50 FC, it was worth buying it to double not just my yield, but also my profit.
Facilities make some nice extra money too, so some are worth spending FC on.
However, having to spend 135 FC to buy a new round of bigger tools that do nothing to make more profit is a little absurd.
As much as I rallied in here to get the 4x4 tools, I'm forced to do without so i can save the fc for something more profitable.
I'de love the bigger tools to get my work done faster, but not that badly...

i'm confused(which happens often lol) what is a "sheet thrower"??

Miz Lisa
Oct 25 2010, 05:20 PM

the manure spreader now rains pig poop from the sky. So it's a "sheet thrower" Since the other word can't be used on the board. :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 25 2010, 05:20 PM

That would be the manure spreader :)

cliath
Oct 25 2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks Raul and team. I love this application because of all the treats you guys make for us......

Dr. Dirt
Oct 25 2010, 05:23 PM
The best way to protest the really really high overcharge for the 4x4s is don't buy them. I'm all for buying farm cash to get the things I want to play the game and help the devs to continue development but lately the prices are getting to steep. I'm going to stop buying anything over 35 fc.

Taz D
Oct 25 2010, 05:30 PM
Nothing like changing the rules in the middle of the game. Even if it is a glitch that we got to plow 4x4 without having to buy, then they should have at least warned us before yanking the rug out from under us.
Personally I think the cost for this level of tools is a bit much. Consider the conversion puts each at $10 real dollars. That is $30 for a virtual set of tools. No thanks I am not buying a 4x4 plower. Bought the other two, but drawing the line in the sand at this.

mischellesteelersfan
Oct 25 2010, 05:30 PM
That would be the manure spreader :)

lol see something so simple and i was drawing a blannk thanks guys

iryssa
Oct 25 2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks so much for the latest updates. Love love love the new tool box extension. Can't wait to see what all we can do with the new facilities. ;) Y'all are the best!

Texas Belle
Oct 25 2010, 06:33 PM
i'm not sure if this has been addressed yet, if so, sorry.

can the new crops be used in facilites?? the cantalope, sesame seed(i assume in chinese rest) oregano, etc??? as well as the trees?

Hold on to the oregano. Basil, oregano and tomato sauce make spaghetti sauce. I am sure they are going to incorporate the oregano somewhere...
Maybe a paella on the diner? We got all the ingredients, lol

On trees, pistachio makes good ice cream
tamarind, only have had it as juice, so don't know what their idea is
But, where oh where is my mamey ice cream? Been waiting guys.....

Rob T
Oct 25 2010, 06:37 PM
Hold on to the oregano. Basil, oregano and tomato sauce make spaghetti sauce. I am sure they are going to incorporate the oregano somewhere...
Maybe a paella on the diner? We got all the ingredients, lol

On trees, pistachio makes good ice cream
tamarind, only have had it as juice, so don't know what their idea is
But, where oh where is my mamey ice cream? Been waiting guys.....

I had tamarind soda a few times.... odd drink, very unique lmao. tho it's more common used as a spice

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 25 2010, 06:39 PM
I had tamarind soda a few times.... odd drink, very unique lmao. tho it's more common used as a spice

And I've had tamarind ice cream....yeah not so fond of that but I could see the devs adding that.

caligirl62
Oct 25 2010, 06:42 PM
when will we b getting the 7th farm?

Rob T
Oct 25 2010, 06:42 PM
when will we b getting the 7th farm?

On the next release :)

caligirl62
Oct 25 2010, 06:46 PM
Thanksgiving dinner would b awesome! we have the ham, turkey, (sweet)? potato, cranberry, green bean? casserole...pumpkin...apple...cherry...we need stuffing?

caligirl62
Oct 25 2010, 06:46 PM
On the next release :)

when will that b hon?

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 25 2010, 06:51 PM
when will that b hon?

We don't know...Raul just said in the next release :)

caligirl62
Oct 25 2010, 07:02 PM
considering we just got new releases...will probably b a couple months or 4

CSLewis
Oct 25 2010, 07:03 PM
Neha don't quit!!
I have the same problem...I don't see any of the free offers either. Just start a new account and work your way up again. The initial levels move up super quick and the FC comes rolling in! I also found that I can see the free FC offers in the new account :)

Try it out, it worked for me.

That's what I did. I started using hubby's account to earn FC. But I have already spent a few hundred on buying FC so figured I was due a break. Now I can sell harvests to him for factories, means less planting and time .. wooo hooo

caligirl62
Oct 25 2010, 07:08 PM
That's what I did. I started using hubby's account to earn FC. But I have already spent a few hundred on buying FC so figured I was due a break. Now I can sell harvests to him for factories, means less planting and time .. wooo hooo

as have i!! but i also gift the facilities to my friends/neighbors.

johnsj11
Oct 25 2010, 07:46 PM
I bought the 4x4 plow along with the other 4x4 tools and now it has disappeared. I am really ticked off. What do i need to do to get it back. I have spent hundreds of real dollars on this game (purchasing items for myself as well as gifts for family) -- this is bad news. HELP.

Sesselwill
Oct 25 2010, 08:10 PM
You can get those items by working neighbors facilities, so I doubt very much you will ever get the opportunity to buy them via the marketplace feature.
Yes, but we can also get the primary items by working our neighbors farms. Not all of my neighbors have the facilities to use the items that they get when they work in my facilities. It would be nice to be able to buy some of that stuff back if they have no use for it.:p

Farmer John Watson
Oct 25 2010, 08:28 PM
A seventh farm sounds good.

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 25 2010, 08:28 PM

Shame on you!!!!

what wasnt fair was that some dummy decided to shout it out in the forum that we were able to use it - to the world so the red flag got raised.

Naturally they will fix that right away. way sooner than the msg system getting fixed. Im sorry - did i say all that outloud?:rolleyes:

meinhardt76
Oct 25 2010, 08:33 PM
love the new updates thank you as always making the game enjoyable.

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 25 2010, 08:34 PM

sheet thrower is what i call the manuer spreader.

only i dont normally spell it: s h e e t.
replace the 2 E's with an "I"

problem now is - its not thrown anymore - it rains down from the sky.
Maybe they should have made the helicopter or crop duster serve that purpose.
Not an umbrella to be found when you need one the most.
You know how hard that sheet is to wash out of ones hair?:D

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 25 2010, 08:38 PM
The best way to protest the really really high overcharge for the 4x4s is don't buy them. I'm all for buying farm cash to get the things I want to play the game and help the devs to continue development but lately the prices are getting to steep. I'm going to stop buying anything over 35 fc.

they wont change it once they made their minds up to do it the way they did it because of the ppl that have already spent the FC for them.

That would involve a refund for all those that spent already and we all know that aint gonna happen.

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 25 2010, 08:41 PM
Thanksgiving dinner would b awesome! we have the ham, turkey, (sweet)? potato, cranberry, green bean? casserole...pumpkin...apple...cherry...we need stuffing?

Thats already covered by the bread in the bakery.

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 25 2010, 08:41 PM
lol see something so simple and i was drawing a blannk thanks guys

btw:

go steelers!

gffarmer
Oct 25 2010, 09:08 PM
ok than you Rob

where do we go to sell items?:confused:

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 25 2010, 09:11 PM
where do we go to sell items?:confused:

To the marketplace :) If you mean sell items to other players, you must click on their avatar.

gffarmer
Oct 25 2010, 09:13 PM
To the marketplace :) If you mean sell items to other players, you must click on their avatar.

ok thanks now another question. if I want to sell to a certain friend how do we get to the same marketplace?

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 25 2010, 09:17 PM
ok thanks now another question. if I want to sell to a certain friend how do we get to the same marketplace?

There is not always a guarantee that you will land at the same marketplace. You could just meet up at a farm and sell there :) That's what I did this morning.

gffarmer
Oct 25 2010, 09:19 PM
There is not always a guarantee that you will land at the same marketplace. You could just meet up at a farm and sell there :) That's what I did this morning.

OK! Thanks so much for the help!!!

Miz Lisa
Oct 25 2010, 09:23 PM
what wasnt fair was that some dummy decided to shout it out in the forum that we were able to use it - to the world so the red flag got raised.

Naturally they will fix that right away. way sooner than the msg system getting fixed. Im sorry - did i say all that outloud?:rolleyes:

Thanks, appreciate the name calling. Way mature.

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 25 2010, 09:24 PM
OK! Thanks so much for the help!!!

Glad to have helped :)

Moosie
Oct 25 2010, 09:25 PM
45 FC is a tad extreme don't ya think DEVS???? Yes I pad it for 2 tools and thought that was nuts. This game is getting to expensive to play now.

lulu836
Oct 25 2010, 09:30 PM

I agree about whomever considered it their civic duty to bring attention to the 4x4 plow. :p

Mr. H
Oct 25 2010, 10:37 PM
sheet thrower is what i call the manuer spreader.

only i dont normally spell it: s h e e t.
replace the 2 E's with an "I"

problem now is - its not thrown anymore - it rains down from the sky.
Maybe they should have made the helicopter or crop duster serve that purpose.
Not an umbrella to be found when you need one the most.
You know how hard that sheet is to wash out of ones hair?:D

Neither myself not my other half is impressed with the rain of "sheet" when we fertilize.

Speaking of loads of sheet, 45FC for the 4x4 plower is outrageous. Really, the prices are getting out of hand. I've spent my last real dollar on the game ( and I've spent plenty ) until the developers come to their senses.

driverdave
Oct 25 2010, 11:41 PM
well i guess you take the good with the bad.....the 4x4 plow for free was nice but it was a glitch and as such if someone reports it to the devs thats the right procedure to follow and i agree the 45fc is too much to pay for the new tools so i will just use the 3x3's extra farms will be nice and as many levels as we can have please .....altho i jus keep workin away and my exp will just keep rising ......by all means please lets have the cows and hens as a buy item theres a lot of people that do not send gifts anymore ..i am fortunate to have a large group that does send .....so no biggie for me ...keep up the good work Raul

BobcatTchai
Oct 25 2010, 11:55 PM
Speaking of loads of sheet, 45FC for the 4x4 plower is outrageous. Really, the prices are getting out of hand. I've spent my last real dollar on the game ( and I've spent plenty ) until the developers come to their senses.

Have to say I strongly agree with your sentiments Mr. H. I too have spent real money on this game a number of times (as was my freedom of choice to do so) and each time I've perceived the purchases to be good value for money in terms of adding to my enjoyment of the gaming experience. In this instance though, I feel 45FC for each of the three 4x4 tools is a bit excessive. Of course some people will choose to take up the offer and good luck to them.

135FC total for all three equates to the cost of 4 (even 5) FC facilities (I know which option I'd choose). When compared to 50FC for the manure spreader, which effectively doubles harvests (therein potentially halving the number of crops you need to plant), and which I had no hesitation in purchasing, these latest tools just aren't good value for money in my view. 45FC for all three would be closer the mark.

And before one or two regular forum contributors jump on this view as whining or whinging, let me pre-empt such a comment by stating that my understanding of this forum is that it allows each and every member to freely express a view on the game, and perhaps even offer a constructive criticism to the game developers. Indeed, some of the most widely welcomed, and value added changes introduced by the developers over time have no doubt (in part) arisen from their heeding the critical feedback of forum members. A critical comment does not necessarily equal a 'whining' comment, and perhaps it's time some people exercised some civility of their own and respected that fact.

InePine
Oct 26 2010, 12:47 AM
Have to say I strongly agree with your sentiments Mr. H. I too have spent real money on this game a number of times (as was my freedom of choice to do so) and each time I've perceived the purchases to be good value for money in terms of adding to my enjoyment of the gaming experience. In this instance though, I feel 45FC for each of the three 4x4 tools is a bit excessive. Of course some people will choose to take up the offer and good luck to them.

135FC total for all three equates to the cost of 4 (even 5) FC facilities (I know which option I'd choose). When compared to 50FC for the manure spreader, which effectively doubles harvests (therein potentially halving the number of crops you need to plant), and which I had no hesitation in purchasing, these latest tools just aren't good value for money in my view. 45FC for all three would be closer the mark.

And before one or two regular forum contributors jump on this view as whining or whinging, let me pre-empt such a comment by stating that my understanding of this forum is that it allows each and every member to freely express a view on the game, and perhaps even offer a constructive criticism to the game developers. Indeed, some of the most widely welcomed, and value added changes introduced by the developers over time have no doubt (in part) arisen from their heeding the critical feedback of forum members. A critical comment does not necessarily equal a 'whining' comment, and perhaps it's time some people exercised some civility of their own and respected that fact.

You just won the internet.
I agree with you 100%.

hazelnut2
Oct 26 2010, 01:41 AM
Hi Ya'll
Where is the Avatar Menu, I want to to sell some products. HELP!

SivNorway
Oct 26 2010, 01:48 AM
Hi there..

Where the heck do I get peach for the parfume factory??????
As you see, I am norwegian - not stupid :) but cant find this out.. never used
peach before... and dont know what it is either...lol... kremt
;) ;)

BrookeB
Oct 26 2010, 01:53 AM
Hi Ya'll
Where is the Avatar Menu, I want to to sell some products. HELP!

Just click on the avatar of another player and you'll see the option to sell products to that person. You can do this wherever you see the avatar... at the marketplace, on your farm, on their farm. :)

xxjimmyxx
Oct 26 2010, 01:59 AM
Hi there..

;) ;)

you harvist a Peach Tree you get them as gifts

TraceyMush
Oct 26 2010, 02:32 AM
Dang.... the best looking tree so far.... the Cedar.... and the only way it has value is to chop it down and wait 2 DAYS for it to grow again.

So I replaced a lot of the common fruit trees that are not used past a harvest.... going to plant the Cedars right next to each other and only harvest every 2 DAYS every other one.

Nice tree devs;):rolleyes:

. l've always thought that planing the harvests of trees on an every other one basis was a good way to go - that is if they're trees that look good when fruited out. Great idea for chopping too.

Me, l LOVE the cedar and will just be using it for decoration.

SueW170
Oct 26 2010, 02:50 AM
l've always thought that planing the harvests of trees on an every other one basis was a good way to go - that is if they're trees that look good when fruited out. Great idea for chopping too.

Me, l LOVE the cedar and will just be using it for decoration.

I never chop all my pines since they are a significant part of my layout designs. I plant extras that I can chop, leaving the ones I want to achieve the look I want. Won't be chopping the cedar trees (and not getting the facility to use them). I just appreciate what they add to my designs. Now if the developers would come out with Blue Spruce and some tall Douglas Fir trees .... that would be nice:)

InePine
Oct 26 2010, 03:10 AM
Hi there..

;) ;)

Hei Siv ;)

Peaches = Fersken, du må ha ferskentrær og høste dem :)

essexboy
Oct 26 2010, 05:53 AM
I agree that the tool prices are getting out of hand and not to mention all the facilities it amounts to over a grand in real money. ive spent 50 pounds in real money so far and I think thats me done spending money in this game. not sure why the most of the tools are fc coz thats part of the game play. and makes it more fun and easy to do jobs. I dont buy a x-box game only to find if I want to enjoy the game further I need to call the x-box phone line to buy a faster car or whatever. I no the devs want to make money on this game and im happy about that, but what im not happy with is you have capped your own game in the tool area, when you should be showning off what you can do to all the players and it should be all about game play to keep players playing. afterall good game play keeps people playing. I no you cant change it back and I think you have shoot yourself in the foot in the tools area slashkey.

JaneMarple9
Oct 26 2010, 06:14 AM
Hi There,

--Raul

This sounds fantastic, but I haven't worked out how to do it. Can someone explain how to please? :)

Dannay
Oct 26 2010, 06:19 AM
Yayyy i love the trade option :) oh my.. farm 7..

Rob T
Oct 26 2010, 06:25 AM
This sounds fantastic, but I haven't worked out how to do it. Can someone explain how to please? :)

Click on the other persons avatar, and in the menu should be an option to sell produce to them. click that, and you'll be presented with a window where you can select the type, produce, quantity and price you wish to sell

gstrain2009
Oct 26 2010, 07:18 AM
Please consider giving us two storage units .. One for harvest and the other for items..

garden ho
Oct 26 2010, 08:10 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave
MISSION CONTROL WE GOT A PROBLEM........i dont want to rain on your parade but i attempted to switch the oil refinery to the new view and now i dont have an oil refinery has anyone else had this prob\lem and yes i have cleared cache i have the latests flash and shockwave and all drivers are updated and i reset the modem and fully restarted the computer from totally off

The same thing happened to me. I switched the view and then put it in storage to move it to another farm and it had disappeared. Ditto on all the troubleshooting beforehand as well.

Tony D
Oct 26 2010, 08:15 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave

Okay, so I never found my missing refinery even after troubleshooting, and increasing macromedia storage. really sucks that i had to buy another one.Hi try contacting Slashkey and see if they can assist. To contact them .... under the game screen click on "report /contact this application"

StoneFace
Oct 26 2010, 08:18 AM
Click on the other persons avatar, and in the menu should be an option to sell produce to them. click that, and you'll be presented with a window where you can select the type, produce, quantity and price you wish to sell

Also note that the items available for sale are only the PRIMARY items that are currently in YOUR inventory. This is neat, knowing just what you have.

IMHO, I think the 500 per farmer per 12 hours will be expanded soon. This might be a "trial" run to acquaint us with the option.

I look forward to selling SECONDARY items too... especially the huge amounts of Champagne barrels I have which someone could turn into fine bubbly. Either that or I have to spring for more Cellars. hhmmm maybe I should.

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=0)
Ranchito Knotso Grande (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=1)
Costaplenty Plantation (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=2)
More Wine, Less Whine (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=3)
Fattoria Sesto (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=5)

Weed-em N-Reap Acres (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=0)
Garden of Weed’n (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
Nopicky-Nomoney (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

cyan4jy
Oct 26 2010, 10:09 AM
--

I agree they should find who ever has the most XP and base the next 15 20 levels on them. That way us that are already level 135 have well over 2,000,000 XP and yes I am sure there are some with over 3 or 4 million that would give us a chance to keep leveling up and earning FC instead of having to purchase it.

Doc

I totally agree !!!

Aus1777
Oct 26 2010, 11:24 AM
FT is still the best game on FB. Thanks to all who contributed.

I'm wondering what rhubarb is used for, pies?

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 26 2010, 11:26 AM
FT is still the best game on FB. Thanks to all who contributed.

I'm wondering what rhubarb is used for, pies?

Nothing yet...I am hoping it is going to be strawberry rhubarb pie or cobbler or something :)

Tuckertbnc
Oct 26 2010, 11:26 AM
I don't understand the complaining about the new tools :confused: .... You don't HAVE to buy all 3 ......

You still have the 3 x 3 tools ..... you can hire someone to harvest ,,, and hire someone to plow ....

The 4 x 4 seeder is really the only tool you 'need' to plant faster and its not that much faster than the 3 x 3 .....

I just love this game and farm 7 - 8 - 9 can't come quick enough :D ...

Dr. Dirt
Oct 26 2010, 11:32 AM
I don't understand the complaining about the new tools :confused: .... You don't HAVE to buy all 3 ......

You still have the 3 x 3 tools ..... you can hire someone to harvest ,,, and hire someone to plow ....

The 4 x 4 seeder is really the only tool you 'need' to plant faster and its not that much faster than the 3 x 3 .....

I just love this game and farm 7 - 8 - 9 can't come quick enough :D ...

They cost to much.:eek:

hazelnut2
Oct 26 2010, 11:38 AM
Duh, I'm at 135 and didn't know where the Avatar menu was..lol Ok I"m blamin in on a nasty head cold here! lol

SunnyD
Oct 26 2010, 11:39 AM
just wondering...... about 1/2 hour ago the water sprinkler was available when i was working on a neighbors farm doing facilities now all the sudden it is no longer available....... is this a freak thing or is it permanent???

jasonstonner@gmail.com
Oct 26 2010, 11:43 AM
I have a question, and unfortunately Im not much of a Blogger, but I play Farm Town through Facebook. I used to be able to go into my games tab then at the bottom there is a tab to click to then see all the postings about all the games, then I click on farmtown and it shows me who needs help, who leveled up etc. however now it just tells me that there are no farmtown stories. what have I done, Is this a glitch, how can I fix this???? someone please help me. also I dont usually get on here could you please send your reply to jasonstonner@gmail.com thank you very much.

Toranut97
Oct 26 2010, 11:43 AM
I agree that the tool prices are getting out of hand and not to mention all the facilities it amounts to over a grand in real money. ive spent 50 pounds in real money so far and I think thats me done spending money in this game. not sure why the most of the tools are fc coz thats part of the game play. and makes it more fun and easy to do jobs. I dont buy a x-box game only to find if I want to enjoy the game further I need to call the x-box phone line to buy a faster car or whatever. I no the devs want to make money on this game and im happy about that, but what im not happy with is you have capped your own game in the tool area, when you should be showning off what you can do to all the players and it should be all about game play to keep players playing. afterall good game play keeps people playing. I no you cant change it back and I think you have shoot yourself in the foot in the tools area slashkey.

This little "factoid" (bolded statement) blew my mind, so I did some calculating. As I am in the US, my calculations involved dollars.

Let us imagine a new player starting out wants to buy things with real dollars. Here is the FARM CASH cost for items that cannot be purchased with coin.

TOOLS
Solar plower, 4 x 4 45FC
Seeder 4x4 45FC
Harvester 4 x 4 45 FC
Fishing Boat 35 FC
Semi Truck 22 FC
Flower Harvester 40 FC
Mobile Sprinkler 45 FC
Log Truck with chainsaw 40 FC
Manure Truck 50 FC
Grand total for all these tools ------ 367 FC

FACILITIES
Stone windmill 32
Juice factory 28
Chocolate factory 30
Food Preserving Factory 30
Oil Factory 12
Confectionary 32
Sewing mill 30
Flower shop 25
oil refinery 32
wine cellar 30
seafood restaurant 32
fish farming plant 28
coffee and tea shop 33
cinnamon factory 27
bee farm 28
furniture factory 32
brewery 33
pasta restaurant 32
jewelry factory 30
spice factory 30
printing/packaging facility 32
ceramic factory 30
dinner restaurant 32
perfume factory 30
Chinese restaurant 32
Total for all Farm Cash facilities = 742 FC

GRAND TOTAL for all tools and facilities that are FC only:: 1109

Now, you can buy 250 FC for $39.99 (25.2313 British pounds)

So, by my possibly flawed calculations, you could buy ALL of these things for $177.40 (give or take) -- which is a chunk of change, but hardly "over a grand in real money!!!"

And -- very important to note: YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A SINGLE ONE OF THESE ITEMS IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!! Work in a neighbor's facilities, you can obtain the raw materials you want. All the labor can be done with free or coin-purchased tools. The only exception is the manure spreader, but let's be honest, you can play quite well without that, too!!

Another forum poster said: "45 FC is a tad extreme don't ya think DEVS???? Yes I pad it for 2 tools and thought that was nuts. This game is getting to expensive to play now. "

No, the game is not too expensive to play. IT IS FREE!!!!!! You just have to shift your expectations and methods to suit your budget.

So I hope we can all take a deep, cleansing breath and not freak out over expensive tools. The farm coin tools and manual methods and helping one's neighbor still work very nicely, thank you.

There. I was civil, wasn't I?

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 26 2010, 11:49 AM
just wondering...... about 1/2 hour ago the water sprinkler was available when i was working on a neighbors farm doing facilities now all the sudden it is no longer available....... is this a freak thing or is it permanent???

Nope it is working..as I speak I am tending all my friend's farms and watering with sprinkler.

SunnyD
Oct 26 2010, 11:59 AM
This little "factoid" (bolded statement) blew my mind, so I did some calculating. As I am in the US, my calculations involved dollars.

Let us imagine a new player starting out wants to buy things with real dollars. Here is the FARM CASH cost for items that cannot be purchased with coin.

TOOLS
Solar plower, 4 x 4 45FC
Seeder 4x4 45FC
Harvester 4 x 4 45 FC
Fishing Boat 35 FC
Semi Truck 22 FC
Flower Harvester 40 FC
Mobile Sprinkler 45 FC
Manure Truck 50 FC

FACILITIES
Stone windmill 32
Juice factory 28
Chocolate factory 30
Oil Factory 12
Confectionary 32
Sewing mill 30
Flower shop 25
oil refinery 32
wine cellar 30
seafood restaurant 32
fish farming plant 28
coffee and tea shop 33
cinnamon factory 27
bee farm 28
furniture factory 32
brewery 33
pasta restaurant 32
jewelry factory 30
spice factory 30
ceramic factory 30
dinner restaurant 32
perfume factory 30
Chinese restaurant 32

So, by my possibly flawed calculations, you could buy ALL of these things for $177.40 (give or take) -- which is a chunk of change, but hardly "over a grand in real money!!!"

And -- very important to note: YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A SINGLE ONE OF THESE ITEMS IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!! Work in a neighbor's facilities, you can obtain the raw materials you want. All the labor can be done with free or coin-purchased tools. The only exception is the manure spreader, but let's be honest, you can play quite well without that, too!!

Another forum poster said: "45 FC is a tad extreme don't ya think DEVS???? Yes I pad it for 2 tools and thought that was nuts. This game is getting to expensive to play now. "

No, the game is not too expensive to play. IT IS FREE!!!!!! You just have to shift your expectations and methods to suit your budget.

So I hope we can all take a deep, cleansing breath and not freak out over expensive tools. The farm coin tools and manual methods and helping one's neighbor still work very nicely, thank you.

Yes you were quite civil and I do thank you for all the hard and time consuming calculations you did..... I have spent very little real cash on this game and still i have millions in coins... my friends have been just ever so generous and have purchase quite a few items for me... and i am so grateful and I do help on their farms and water their flowers daily..... I have never even once asked for them to do this. i love this game.. I remember i used to pick on my husband rather terribly for playing online games telling him that is not what an expensive tool like a pc is meant for ... umm I am eating my words on this for sure.... LOL

SunnyD
Oct 26 2010, 12:03 PM
Nope it is working..as I speak I am tending all my friend's farms and watering with sprinkler.

yup must of just not loaded that time for me thanks DT......

StoneFace
Oct 26 2010, 12:09 PM
I totally agree !!!

I have 3 mill exp pts now and 2.9 mill on the other set of farms..... but I have neighbors with 8-12 million and more.

:eek: I would need to quadruple my points to reach the new max?? ggrrrr.

and there is at least one forum member who has (if I remember right) about 80+ million exp points

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

StoneFace
Oct 26 2010, 12:12 PM

TOOLS
Solar plower, 4 x 4 45FC
Seeder 4x4 45FC
Harvester 4 x 4 45 FC
Fishing Boat 35 FC
Semi Truck 22 FC
Flower Harvester 40 FC
Mobile Sprinkler 45 FC
Manure Truck 50 FC

FACILITIES
Stone windmill 32
Juice factory 28
Chocolate factory 30
Oil Factory 12
Confectionary 32
Sewing mill 30
Flower shop 25
oil refinery 32
wine cellar 30
seafood restaurant 32
fish farming plant 28
coffee and tea shop 33
cinnamon factory 27
bee farm 28
furniture factory 32
brewery 33
pasta restaurant 32
jewelry factory 30
spice factory 30
ceramic factory 30
dinner restaurant 32
perfume factory 30
Chinese restaurant 32

....minus the 135 FTcash that comes with level advancement...;)

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

jodivb
Oct 26 2010, 12:24 PM
Is there a list somewhere of what all the new seeds are good for? Specifically, are they used to produce something for a facility or just to sell without being an ingredient?

Mrs Mags
Oct 26 2010, 12:24 PM

TOOLS
Solar plower, 4 x 4 45FC
Seeder 4x4 45FC
Harvester 4 x 4 45 FC
Fishing Boat 35 FC
Semi Truck 22 FC
Flower Harvester 40 FC
Mobile Sprinkler 45 FC
Manure Truck 50 FC

FACILITIES
Stone windmill 32
Juice factory 28
Chocolate factory 30
Oil Factory 12
Confectionary 32
Sewing mill 30
Flower shop 25
oil refinery 32
wine cellar 30
seafood restaurant 32
fish farming plant 28
coffee and tea shop 33
cinnamon factory 27
bee farm 28
furniture factory 32
brewery 33
pasta restaurant 32
jewelry factory 30
spice factory 30
ceramic factory 30
dinner restaurant 32
perfume factory 30
Chinese restaurant 32

You certainly were very civil :)
My friend and I buy each other stuff for Farm Town as Birthday presents, as well as on other occasions....which is really nice....
I did read somewhere, not sure where now.. probably on the Mashable website....Games who charge for stuff on Facebook have to give a hefty amount of their earnings back to Facebook...

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 26 2010, 12:27 PM
Is there a list somewhere of what all the new seeds are good for? Specifically, are they used to produce something for a facility or just to sell without being an ingredient?

The game guide chapter on facilities shows what each new facility needs...currently the only new stuff used is lavender, sesame seeds, and cedar trees.

Farmer Bilbo
Oct 26 2010, 12:32 PM
I'm a little confused on the selling of crops. What exactly does "primary products" mean? Would, for instance, manure or honey be "primary products"? Is there a list somewhere of what products can be sold?

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 26 2010, 12:33 PM
I'm a little confused on the selling of crops. What exactly does "primary products" mean? Would, for instance, manure or honey be "primary products"? Is there a list somewhere of what products can be sold?

Nope...things from facilities would be secondary. Primary are crops, fish, milk/wool/eggs, basically the raw ingredients.

leesac
Oct 26 2010, 12:38 PM

TOOLS
Solar plower, 4 x 4 45FC
Seeder 4x4 45FC
Harvester 4 x 4 45 FC
Fishing Boat 35 FC
Semi Truck 22 FC
Flower Harvester 40 FC
Mobile Sprinkler 45 FC
Manure Truck 50 FC

FACILITIES
Stone windmill 32
Juice factory 28
Chocolate factory 30
Oil Factory 12
Confectionary 32
Sewing mill 30
Flower shop 25
oil refinery 32
wine cellar 30
seafood restaurant 32
fish farming plant 28
coffee and tea shop 33
cinnamon factory 27
bee farm 28
furniture factory 32
brewery 33
pasta restaurant 32
jewelry factory 30
spice factory 30
ceramic factory 30
dinner restaurant 32
perfume factory 30
Chinese restaurant 32

Very Civil indeed :) I too was "blown away" by the claim that FC needed to purchase all items was over a GRAND! Especially since I have many of those items and have not spent anywhere near that amount :)

To those of you who feel bad that you cannot or will not spend 45 farm cash on the new tools, don't feel too badly, I purchased the seeder, and DO NOT LIKE IT. It has a very bizarre way of reaching out and grabbing plots out of sequence if your rows are not perfect, I have had to delete random plots more than once. Say you are trying to plant down a row that has 2 missing plots on the left side, it goes over into the 5th row and grabs 2 plots and plants out of line.. VERY Irritating and I wish they had a try before you buy period because I wouldn't buy for this reason alone.

Farmer Bilbo
Oct 26 2010, 12:48 PM
Nope...things from facilities would be secondary. Primary are crops, fish, milk/wool/eggs, basically the raw ingredients.

How is manure different than milk or eggs? I guess I understand honey. The bee hive is listed in the game guide as a facility. But the pigsty, dairy shed and chicken coop aren't. So if milk and eggs is a primary crop, shouldn't manure be also?

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 26 2010, 12:51 PM
How is manure different than milk or eggs? I guess I understand honey. The bee hive is listed in the game guide as a facility. But the pigsty, dairy shed and chicken coop aren't. So if milk and eggs is a primary crop, shouldn't manure be also?

I just double checked and you cannot sell manure...

brendajj
Oct 26 2010, 12:53 PM
can someone tell me how to use the trade feature. Do i just have to click on my avitar and go to where i would change my look. I was there and didn't see anything to sell directly to someone...thanks

Farmer Bilbo
Oct 26 2010, 12:56 PM
I just double checked and you cannot sell manure...

I don't want to argue about it, but that is an inconsistency on what a "primary product" is. In chapter 12 of the game guide, the pigsty is listed in the same section as the Chicken Coop, Wool Shed, and Dairy Shed. So if eggs are primary, wool is primary and milk is primary, then manure would also logically be primary.

LoneWolf1038
Oct 26 2010, 12:57 PM
Hi,

I was excited to see where we would have the opportunity to sell stuff to our neighbors. I have alot of tuna but do not have the food processing plant. My friend has the plant, but no tuna...so this would work out for us.

The question is....I don't see where you click on someone to sell them things? I click on their avatar at the bottom of the screen and it gives me the options of giving them a gift, going to their farm, leaving them a message, or changing my neighbors. I see nothing about "selling" them anything. Is there another avatar somewhere other than the bottom of the game screen that I am missing?

Thanks.:confused:

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 26 2010, 12:58 PM
can someone tell me how to use the trade feature. Do i just have to click on my avitar and go to where i would change my look. I was there and didn't see anything to sell directly to someone...thanks

You can go to the marketplace...and click an avatar and on the bottom it will say "Sell products to_____________" and then you go from there :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 26 2010, 12:58 PM
Hi,

I was excited to see where we would have the opportunity to sell stuff to our neighbors. I have alot of tuna but do not have the food processing plant. My friend has the plant, but no tuna...so this would work out for us.

The question is....I don't see where you click on someone to sell them things? I click on their avatar at the bottom of the screen and it gives me the options of giving them a gift, going to their farm, leaving them a message, or changing my neighbors. I see nothing about "selling" them anything. Is there another avatar somewhere other than the bottom of the game screen that I am missing?

Thanks.:confused:

Click your friend's avatar and on the bottom it will say "Sell products to_____________" and then you go from there :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 26 2010, 12:59 PM
I don't want to argue about it, but that is an inconsistency on what a "primary product" is. In chapter 12 of the game guide, the pigsty is listed in the same section as the Chicken Coop, Wool Shed, and Dairy Shed. So if eggs are primary, wool is primary and milk is primary, then manure would also logically be primary.

I didn't create the game, I just help others out :)

Tuckertbnc
Oct 26 2010, 01:04 PM
Very Civil indeed :) I too was "blown away" by the claim that FC needed to purchase all items was over a GRAND! Especially since I have many of those items and have not spent anywhere near that amount :)

To those of you who feel bad that you cannot or will not spend 45 farm cash on the new tools, don't feel too badly, I purchased the seeder, and DO NOT LIKE IT. It has a very bizarre way of reaching out and grabbing plots out of sequence if your rows are not perfect, I have had to delete random plots more than once. Say you are trying to plant down a row that has 2 missing plots on the left side, it goes over into the 5th row and grabs 2 plots and plants out of line.. VERY Irritating and I wish they had a try before you buy period because I wouldn't buy for this reason alone.

I agree .. all I bought was the seeder and it does plant 'out of square' :confused: not at all neat like the 3 x 3 ....

I am on a limited budget but I have spent real money to buy Farm dollars ... but I try to 'earn' Farmcash too ... :rolleyes:

The EASIEST one was applying for a Discover card ,,, took 4 days but I got 254 Farmcash and I don't want or need the card , I intend on cutting it up and not using at all but getting that much Farmcash for 'free' was great .... :D

I have gifted factories to neighbors and enjoy the giving and the surprise they have when they get it .....

Mrs Mags
Oct 26 2010, 01:15 PM
I have a question about Flowers..the ones I have planted, take 4 days to grow to maturity...Can you tell me please, do they take 4 days to grow again, once I've harvested them..or do they grow over night?

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 26 2010, 01:16 PM
I have a question about Flowers..the ones I have planted, take 4 days to grow to maturity...Can you tell me please, do they take 4 days to grow again, once I've harvested them..or do they grow over night?

They will take that long again to regrow..

StoneFace
Oct 26 2010, 01:21 PM

Not sure if this glitch was intended or not..... and not sure if it was fixed or not...

but

a while back a farmer posted (and other verified) that when your flower is full maturity and watered, you should "freeze it". This can only be done one plant at a time. Then you can harvest. And apparently when you refresh the game, the flower will be in full bloom again.

Not sure if that is still true, so you might want to try it ......

my guess.... the glitch was "fixed"

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

Mrs Mags
Oct 26 2010, 01:22 PM
They will take that long again to regrow..

Thanks for your help. :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 26 2010, 01:24 PM
Not sure if this glitch was intended or not..... and not sure if it was fixed or not...

but

a while back a farmer posted (and other verified) that when your flower is full maturity and watered, you should "freeze it". This can only be done one plant at a time. Then you can harvest. And apparently when you refresh the game, the flower will be in full bloom again.

I think they fixed the freeze and harvest glitch as was causing problems and people were not getting coins for harvesting the frozen flowers.

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 26 2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks for your help. :)

You are welcome :)

jesdreher
Oct 26 2010, 01:32 PM
I don't know about the freezing part, but after I harvest my flowers, I immediately water them and then they come back and I can re-harvest. This is much easier than freezing since watering isn't done on a flower-by-flower basis. There are 2 caveats to this glitch:

1) As far as I can tell, your flowers need to have less than 3 water drops filled blue...in other words they can't be recently watered. When my flowers are halfway ready I will water them again, whether they need it or not. That way by the time they are ready for harvest, they are thirsty enough for the glitch to work.

2) If for whatever reason you refresh your farm or leave your farm and come back prior to rejuvenating your flowers for the second harvest, it won't work. For example, let's say I've harvested half of my flowers but don't want to wait for the harvesting and refresh my farm so that everything I already harvested is complete. Whatever you had already done will not rejuvenate.

but

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

StoneFace
Oct 26 2010, 02:00 PM
I don't know about the freezing part, but after I harvest my flowers, I immediately water them and then they come back and I can re-harvest. This is much easier than freezing since watering isn't done on a flower-by-flower basis. There are 2 caveats to this glitch:

1) As far as I can tell, your flowers need to have less than 3 water drops filled blue...in other words they can't be recently watered. When my flowers are halfway ready I will water them again, whether they need it or not. That way by the time they are ready for harvest, they are thirsty enough for the glitch to work.

2) If for whatever reason you refresh your farm or leave your farm and come back prior to rejuvenating your flowers for the second harvest, it won't work. For example, let's say I've harvested half of my flowers but don't want to wait for the harvesting and refresh my farm so that everything I already harvested is complete. Whatever you had already done will not rejuvenate.

Thanks, I will have to pass that info on to my spouse for her to try it out.

She is the one with lots and lots of flowers.

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

essexboy
Oct 26 2010, 03:57 PM

TOOLS
Solar plower, 4 x 4 45FC
Seeder 4x4 45FC
Harvester 4 x 4 45 FC
Fishing Boat 35 FC
Semi Truck 22 FC
Flower Harvester 40 FC
Mobile Sprinkler 45 FC
Manure Truck 50 FC

FACILITIES
Stone windmill 32
Juice factory 28
Chocolate factory 30
Oil Factory 12
Confectionary 32
Sewing mill 30
Flower shop 25
oil refinery 32
wine cellar 30
seafood restaurant 32
fish farming plant 28
coffee and tea shop 33
cinnamon factory 27
bee farm 28
furniture factory 32
brewery 33
pasta restaurant 32
jewelry factory 30
spice factory 30
ceramic factory 30
dinner restaurant 32
perfume factory 30
Chinese restaurant 32

you missed all the land upgrades, decorations, holiday items in fc

jeanieNGMsfarm
Oct 26 2010, 04:01 PM

but you dont need to use the cash to get the land that available for both cash and coins and most just use the coins to buy it.

essexboy
Oct 26 2010, 04:31 PM
but you dont need to use the cash to get the land that available for both cash and coins and most just use the coins to buy it.
yes I no. ..........

jeanieNGMsfarm
Oct 26 2010, 05:11 PM
yes I no. ..........

figured that but wanted to point it out anyway since the poster you quoted was talking about costs if you bought all the fc items and you dont need to use fc for that

cathy maxwell greer
Oct 26 2010, 05:23 PM
I have noticed for the past 2 days,when I harvest my wheat crops they are not showing up in my storage..I try to make flour right after harvesting the wheat and message tells me I need wheat in my storage before I can make flour..This is very aggravating,Would you please help me with this problem.I have also had the same problem when I cut my cinnimon trees..Message says,need cinnimon logs in storage..Love FarmTown app.but,this is getting old when I know I just harvested my product.HELP!!!!

Tiny1
Oct 26 2010, 06:16 PM
Great update thanks! Now lets see some new animals:D

HelenJS22
Oct 26 2010, 06:54 PM
I agree they should find who ever has the most XP and base the next 15 20 levels on them. That way us that are already level 135 have well over 2,000,000 XP and yes I am sure there are some with over 3 or 4 million that would give us a chance to keep leveling up and earning FC instead of having to purchase it.

Doc

Be careful what you ask for. I don't know what the highest level is, but I do know of a player who has over 8 million points - most of them gathered in the past month - and it is very sad to see someone let themselves get so badly addicted to a game. Three or four millions seems to be the 'norm' if there is a 'norm' for high end players.

Farm Town is becoming so time consuming if you wish to play it to its full potential, but surely it has to be balanced with the real world too.

New levels, with the associated farm cash ... Bring 'em on ... but not based on the levels of the 20 hour a day players.

Angel7
Oct 26 2010, 07:14 PM
Got to put my 2 cents in here - love the updates, however could you please tone down the lavender - it is blindingly bright and really looks corny. Other than that, love it all and thanks Farm Town for everything.

Toranut97
Oct 26 2010, 08:26 PM

It still does not add up to over $1000 (real money) I suspect. But again -- none of that *must* be purchased in order to play the game.

rgdollmom54
Oct 26 2010, 08:34 PM
Where does the tomato sauce come from??

Tony D
Oct 26 2010, 08:35 PM
Where does the tomato sauce come from??the preserve facility :)

Miz Lisa
Oct 26 2010, 08:36 PM
you don't have to buy the 4X4 plow to use it.....it is available to all.

Not anymore. now it must be purchased, which I suspect was the original intent but a glitch made it available.

platnm6309
Oct 26 2010, 09:05 PM
would you please please try to fix the plus sign on my envelope that has been there for MONTHS now? No this is not from cache, etc. it is a ft issue. Thanks

Chakwaina
Oct 26 2010, 09:54 PM
The buying/selling of Primary Products is highly mis-understood by most users.

Can youdo a information pop-up ipon loading for a few weeks?

croyoangel
Oct 27 2010, 02:51 AM

it is a flavor commonly found in the Hispanic communities. used for drinks like kool aide and sodas as well as candy.

BobcatTchai
Oct 27 2010, 04:37 AM

Your post was the model of civility :)
Thanks for taking the time to research the total cost of the FC gear too. It's something I've been meaning to do out of curiosity but I'm just too darn lazy.
I'm still betting people are gonna keep 'freaking out' but, it's just human nature ;)

speedmonkey
Oct 27 2010, 04:37 AM
Okay so does this mean we won't be able to sell the things from our facilities at all??
I don't own the refinery but own the oil pump. What I wan to be able to do is sell my crude to those with the refinery so I can get fuel from them without having to spend even more FC that I have to buy. ARG want to sell the crude!!!

You can still sell your crude at market. You just can't sell it to another farmer.

speedmonkey
Oct 27 2010, 04:51 AM
Is there some way to level up without "working"? Am I missing something? It takes long enough & lots of "work" now to level up, especially for those who cannot afford to buy Farm cash for the tools.

I went months refusing to spend money on the game but eventually couldn't continue without the advanced tools. It's just too time consuming! If I couldn't occasionally "take out a credit card" I would have to quit.

In addition, why should one who doesn't have the time to earn $300 mil before they can upgrade be penalized by even higher prices?

Last, but not least, "buying" things serves a purpose i.e. enabling us to make more money or artistically enriching our farms. It's a farmer's choice. If you choose not to that is your business.

In all actuality, yes, there is a way to level up and do so without doing any work. If you go back and read through some of the older threads in the forum you will find that many people spent time buying and selling certain items just to get XP. I personally have never done this but I know it happens. I have a neighbor that spent 3 days begging me to let him harvest my crops so he could sell it all so that he had money to buy and sell stuff to get XP instead of working his own farm or going and getting jobs in the market. I personally think that this method is not the way to go but that is my opinion. :)

speedmonkey
Oct 27 2010, 04:53 AM
Please wait on adding new levels, im never goin to catch up! I'm currently on 120 lol

So those of us that are maxed out and have been for a long time should have to wait? There have been 3 or 4 new level updates added to the game since I was last able to work for one after it was released. That is a long time to sit and watch the XP bar do nothing. Maxing out on levels sounds great until you do it and then have no new levels to work towards. :)

crjangel
Oct 27 2010, 07:09 AM
I think all the new adds r great.. I just have a few issues.. The new solar plower costs Farm Cash and the levels and cash have not been updated 4 we users at level 135 in some time now and I think the new items r too expensive in the $40's + . AND if u really want to improve this game the clicking has improved but is still killing us so do this:
1. MOST IMPORTANT - A Sell all button 4 non-ingredients @ the marketplace this would greatly improve the game.
2. Let us use our tools (more than one plot) when we harvest/plow other users farms
Both these things would greatly add 2 the enjoyment of the game and cut down on the clicking my hand is killing me LOL -

jeanieNGMsfarm
Oct 27 2010, 07:24 AM
I think all the new adds r great.. I just have a few issues.. The new solar plower costs Farm Cash and the levels and cash have not been updated 4 we users at level 135 in some time now and I think the new items r too expensive in the $40's + . AND if u really want to improve this game the clicking has improved but is still killing us so do this:
1. MOST IMPORTANT - A Sell all button 4 non-ingredients @ the marketplace this would greatly improve the game.
2. Let us use our tools (more than one plot) when we harvest/plow other users farms
Both these things would greatly add 2 the enjoyment of the game and cut down on the clicking my hand is killing me LOL -

they have announced more levels will be coming soon