PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- October 22nd, 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

HelenJS22
Oct 27 2010, 07:30 AM
they have announced more levels will be coming soon

With my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, please define 'soon' !!

There are many definitions of 'soon' in Farm Town :D

jeanieNGMsfarm
Oct 27 2010, 07:32 AM
they have announced more levels will be coming soon

With my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, please define 'soon' !!

There are many definitions of 'soon' in Farm Town :D

if we go by what my parents used the term as then its when ever they feel like it lmao

StoneFace
Oct 27 2010, 08:28 AM
I think all the new adds r great.. I just have a few issues.. The new solar plower costs Farm Cash and the levels and cash have not been updated 4 we users at level 135 in some time now and I think the new items r too expensive in the $40's + . AND if u really want to improve this game the clicking has improved but is still killing us so do this:
1. MOST IMPORTANT - A Sell all button 4 non-ingredients @ the marketplace this would greatly improve the game.
2. Let us use our tools (more than one plot) when we harvest/plow other users farms
Both these things would greatly add 2 the enjoyment of the game and cut down on the clicking my hand is killing me LOL -

Yes it is a lot of clicking.... but that is part of the game. The devs have added the pooper, more farms, and HUGE increases in making coin.

I guess for some, it will never be enough.

yep.... I want more farms... lol

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=0)
Ranchito Knotso Grande (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=1)
Costaplenty Plantation (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=2)
More Wine, Less Whine (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=3)
Plantopia (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=4)
Fattoria Sesto (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=5)

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=0)
Garden of Weed’n (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=1)
Dave’s Ja Vu (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=2)
Nopicky-Nomoney (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=3)
Iowna Lotaland (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=4)
Wurthdawait (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=5)

SunnyD
Oct 27 2010, 10:40 AM
i also level right up to the max with each update and have been for quite a while.. but the fun part of that is that we get the farm cash right away for leveling up. and if you have saved a bit you always can get a new facility with each update...... that is the fun part.......it's like a gift for working your fingers to the bone lol lol

BobcatTchai
Oct 27 2010, 11:03 AM
A Sell all button 4 non-ingredients @ the marketplace this would greatly improve the game.

I like it. And as the saying goes, if you don't ask you don't get. ;)

jsbh821
Oct 27 2010, 11:05 AM
Love all the new things and can't wait for more farms!! Thanks guys!!!

evelena
Oct 27 2010, 11:09 AM
add hamburger buns to the bakery and hamburgers to the sandwich shop

Mrs Mags
Oct 27 2010, 11:30 AM
i also level right up to the max with each update and have been for quite a while.. but the fun part of that is that we get the farm cash right away for leveling up. and if you have saved a bit you always can get a new facility with each update...... that is the fun part.......it's like a gift for working your fingers to the bone lol lol

That's exactly how I feel Sunny :)

grannyg
Oct 27 2010, 11:42 AM
im impressed, love the expanding tool box... did i hear more levels and another farm!!!! YAY GO FOR IT!

kschilpe
Oct 27 2010, 11:48 AM
This is a fun game and has many things to do, it is sad to read all the complaining oh well, guess so people will never be happy.

gerigp1
Oct 27 2010, 11:56 AM
I will gladly pay market value for any cucumbers that anyone will sell me. I also need tomatoes. Thank you.

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 27 2010, 12:00 PM
I will gladly pay market value for any cucumbers that anyone will sell me. I also need tomatoes. Thank you.

There is a thread in the social section called "**Buy and sell**" and you can post what you want to buy or sell there :) Otherwise it might get lost in this thread :)

miltil
Oct 27 2010, 01:11 PM
It would be real nice if we could get more storage room. I sometimes can't finish my factories before the warning comes out. Also if would be nice to go the market place to sell our products without being asked to help on someone else's farm. They probably think we are rude of not answering them. How about cheese as a gift?

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 27 2010, 01:14 PM
It would be real nice if we could get more storage room. I sometimes can't finish my factories before the warning comes out. Also if would be nice to go the market place to sell our products without being asked to help on someone else's farm. They probably think we are rude of not answering them. How about cheese as a gift?

Go to the market offline and sell that way.

SunnyD
Oct 27 2010, 01:18 PM
curious about something...... is there plans to raise the daily limit on items you can produce from the semi?? some people i see have had to buy two or more of them.... that is just not fee sable for some of us... we are getting great new facilities but they require us to have more and more of the items that the semi can transfer to us........

Ginasue1
Oct 27 2010, 02:08 PM
curious about something...... is there plans to raise the daily limit on items you can produce from the semi?? some people i see have had to buy two or more of them.... that is just not fee sable for some of us... we are getting great new facilities but they require us to have more and more of the items that the semi can transfer to us........
Everything is set for a max of 7 days. I let all of my facilites go for a week. *Yuck* I did this so that my 2 semi's could produce enough to do everyone of the facilities that required things from it. Each day I also went in and added more so that I never run out again.

tricia g
Oct 27 2010, 02:09 PM
Come on peeps stop complaining . . . . Its a great game when alls said and done

People who have the super duper tools aren't that happy with them so we probably aren't missing out. . . . . I think what it is there is new things out and we want want want, I'm the same.
Lets just be happy with what we have and/or what we can afford, and enjoy the game.

But that said I want want want the new farm now !!!!!!!!! :D

Jedidiah
Oct 27 2010, 03:05 PM
Hopefully there will be a castle in the upcoming releases?

servocrow
Oct 27 2010, 05:06 PM
Okay FT DEVS....I need 12 hours added to my day so I can sit on my fat butt and work on my farm...GET WITH IT!!! :mad: ;):p

*WHINE*

And I don't want to pay Farm Cash for that little perk either.....capiche?

:D Kiss kiss...

Julie Graff
Oct 27 2010, 05:25 PM
Are you aware that ethanol is not a petrochemical? It is grain alcohol, most often made from corn and is consumed as "moonshine". It is added to gasoline but is not a petrochemical. Wine and beer contain alcohol as ethanol. (Of course, cranberries don't grow on trees either, do they?...) Not to be picky...

SunnyD
Oct 27 2010, 05:29 PM
Is anyone having trouble posting for help in your facilities on Face Book????

Rob T
Oct 27 2010, 05:30 PM
Are you aware that ethanol is not a petrochemical? It is grain alcohol, most often made from corn and is consumed as "moonshine". It is added to gasoline but is not a petrochemical. Wine and beer contain alcohol as ethanol. (Of course, cranberries don't grow on trees either, do they?...) Not to be picky...

Ethanol can be made from either grain or crude oil, i just looked it up
and there is a type of cranberry that does grow on trees

Julie Graff
Oct 27 2010, 05:33 PM
QUESTION: Is there a way to speed up the semi truck? My Lord, I have paid in advance for the products, paid in advance for the fuel, and I OWN the darn truck--paid for it with REAL MONEY, not coins, and have not once been able to run my brewery or the other facilities that depend upon the semi at full capacity. I stress: not once. Business is not conducted this way in the real world. The semi truck was a poor investment of real cash. I am sorry I bought it. I would dump it, but it is full of PAID FOR products that I can't get my hands on. Is there a solution forthcoming?

DianaRo
Oct 27 2010, 05:38 PM
Good luck with that! It's a worthy trade-off.
I'll remember what I USED to spend when I am tempted to complain about FT expenses :D
I found acupuncture very helpful...had tried to quit many times before without success.
Don't give up!

HI ARE WE GETTING 7TH fARM??? I DIDN'T KNOW!!!!
Wow! I didn't think I would br able to ever use 6. And now mine are copletley full. Can't believe it!!

Thanks for all the good hard work!!
Love it!!
Happy Farming ;-)
Face Book
Level 135

SunnyD
Oct 27 2010, 06:09 PM
uhh ginasue did you know that was full of links???

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 27 2010, 06:12 PM
uhh ginasue did you know that was full of links???

Lol yeah I deleted the post for safety though I think those links were broken and took you nowhere.

Sunnyraye
Oct 27 2010, 07:51 PM
QUESTION: Is there a way to speed up the semi truck? My Lord, I have paid in advance for the products, paid in advance for the fuel, and I OWN the darn truck--paid for it with REAL MONEY, not coins, and have not once been able to run my brewery or the other facilities that depend upon the semi at full capacity. I stress: not once. Business is not conducted this way in the real world. The semi truck was a poor investment of real cash. I am sorry I bought it. I would dump it, but it is full of PAID FOR products that I can't get my hands on. Is there a solution forthcoming?

did you go to your truck and click on what's pending then store each item? I use my truck everyday.

SunnyD
Oct 27 2010, 08:29 PM
got weirdness going on....... i am working friends facilities and all these exp points keep popping up on me when i am just standing there........ this has never happened before or i just never seen it.... when i had to refresh when i got disconnected once i came back and of course the first several facilities i had already done but each one i closed gave me odd amounts of experience points.....

wjackson
Oct 27 2010, 08:34 PM

I've tried to tell them ethanol, but they say there is a C2h50 something that's crude.......but pure ethanol is produced from corn and sugarcane...... I live in ethanol country. An ethanol plant is 10 miles from me......... it's made from corn... oh well......
but I googled and there are cranberry bushes, not trees, but the only ones I have saw grew in a bog...... so I guess I shouldn't be picky. But feature this I have lived on a farm all my life and I'm playing Farm Town......go figure. lol

Taz D
Oct 27 2010, 09:00 PM
I've tried to tell them ethanol, but they say there is a C2h50 something that's crude.......but pure ethanol is produced from corn and sugarcane...... I live in ethanol country. An ethanol plant is 10 miles from me......... it's made from corn... oh well......
but I googled and there are cranberry bushes, not trees, but the only ones I have saw grew in a bog...... so I guess I shouldn't be picky. But feature this I have lived on a farm all my life and I'm playing Farm Town......go figure. lol
You don't get enough farming in real life??:D

BrookeB
Oct 27 2010, 10:11 PM
got weirdness going on....... i am working friends facilities and all these exp points keep popping up on me when i am just standing there........ this has never happened before or i just never seen it.... when i had to refresh when i got disconnected once i came back and of course the first several facilities i had already done but each one i closed gave me odd amounts of experience points.....

Occasionally when I'm working my neighbors' facilities, the points awarded are not the usual 3 XP per item. Sometimes I see 6 XP or 9 XP. These cannot be catch-up "payments" because it has happened even on the very first facility that I work. But I'm not complaining! :D

SueW170
Oct 27 2010, 10:24 PM
add hamburger buns to the bakery and hamburgers to the sandwich shop
That would be great. I've been "lobbying" for inceasing the variety of sandwiches at the Sandwich Shop for a long while. And for adding french fries and salads, plus beverages such as brewed coffee, tea, iced tea and juices.
Doubt this will happen though. Probably IF there are ever burgers, that will mean another new facility, just for two or three options of burgers.

melizabeth5
Oct 27 2010, 10:29 PM
Please, can we have the outline with the plow, like with the plant and harvest? The big red square is very distracting and slows down the plowing. Thank you.

SueW170
Oct 27 2010, 10:29 PM
The high bush cranberry isn't the one used commercially in making juice, jelly or preserves. However, it is edible and was a fruit used my Native American Indians as well as EuroAmerican explorers and pioneers. I believe it is still picked and used in home cooking in Alaska and in other Northern regions and Western US mountain areas.

Deanna J. Lloyd
Oct 27 2010, 11:49 PM

I use my semi for meats for the pizza and taco facilities. I get great joy out of loading them up to the brim, but it usually means I have to wait a week or so for all the "stuff" to be delivered. You can try that, or, as someone else suggested, just brew as much as you can each day with the yeast you have. Remember, the best brews take time!! Relax and enjoy making it so you can really kick back and relax with an icy cold mug of Farm Town Strong Beer!

Oh, and BTW, I think we both knew that delivery wasn't instantaneous when we bought the sucker. I checked on out on a neighbor's farm before deciding to buy it, so there were no real surprises.

SueW170
Oct 28 2010, 02:58 AM
I use my semi for meats for the pizza and taco facilities. I get great joy out of loading them up to the brim, but it usually means I have to wait a week or so for all the "stuff" to be delivered. You can try that, or, as someone else suggested, just brew as much as you can each day with the yeast you have. Remember, the best brews take time!! Relax and enjoy making it so you can really kick back and relax with an icy cold mug of Farm Town Strong Beer!

Oh, and BTW, I think we both knew that delivery wasn't instantaneous when we bought the sucker. I checked on out on a neighbor's farm before deciding to buy it, so there were no real surprises.
True and I have no complaints. It is what it is. However, when I first read how it worked, it did seem a bit illogical that if i order, for example, 3 batches of meat, all three aren't delivered at the same time. Backordered, I guess :)

kschilpe
Oct 28 2010, 09:28 AM
It would be nice if we decided to sell something that we have paid Farm Cash for that we receive some Farm Cash back or if that is not possible then maybe a lot of Farm Coins ????

Texas Belle
Oct 28 2010, 12:48 PM
That would be great. I've been "lobbying" for inceasing the variety of sandwiches at the Sandwich Shop for a long while. And for adding french fries and salads, plus beverages such as brewed coffee, tea, iced tea and juices.
Doubt this will happen though. Probably IF there are ever burgers, that will mean another new facility, just for two or three options of burgers.

Pleaaasse, lets put everything together... the diner can have the hamburgers and cheeseburgers and french fries and the drinks. We don't have any more space for more facilities unless the expand the farms...I have all the facilities on one farm so that i can farm on the others, its getting to the point of either/or and its not funny. Going to have to build a second tier to put facilities on top of each other, lol

Happy farming,

bruhelmboldt
Oct 28 2010, 01:57 PM
My cows and chickens can't keep up with demand, and if I put more cows and chickens OUTSIDE of the cow byre and chicken coop, the game slows down. How about expanding (doubling?) the storage capacity of those two things? Please?

Roma
Oct 28 2010, 02:28 PM
Utilize the Maple trees to make maple syrup. then you can make pancakes/waffles in the breakfast shop!

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 28 2010, 04:03 PM
Pleaaasse, lets put everything together... the diner can have the hamburgers and cheeseburgers and french fries and the drinks. We don't have any more space for more facilities unless the expand the farms...I have all the facilities on one farm so that i can farm on the others, its getting to the point of either/or and its not funny. Going to have to build a second tier to put facilities on top of each other, lol

Happy farming,

Well we are getting farm 7 in the next release :)

Angel7
Oct 28 2010, 05:02 PM
With the October 5 release you gave us 25% more storage. With this release we were given no more storage, however you gave us 7 new trees, 9 new crops, lots of new facilities, plus the ability to buy stuff from each other. You can't have all this new stuff without increasing storage - I'm already having problems with storage again after (against my better judgment) getting a couple of the new facilities. You developers don't understand the exponential growth that is needed in storage when you add all this stuff. I still have lots of facilities I can't get and lots of stuff I can't do in facilities I have now because of storage problems. Now I'm gonna have to shut down the new facilities I just got and put them in storage. I"M NOT GONNA SPEND FARM CASH FOR SOMETHING I'M JUST GONNA END UP USING AS A DECORATION OR PUT IT IN STORAGE. Fix the storage problems for good - give us unlimited storage. This is what needs to be done and should have been done a long time ago. You have to be a math genius to get everything to come out at exactly the right time and I'm not going to take this game that far. Yes, I'm upset.

StoneFace
Oct 28 2010, 05:11 PM
With the October 5 release you gave us 25% more storage. With this release we were given no more storage, however you gave us 7 new trees, 9 new crops, lots of new facilities, plus the ability to buy stuff from each other. You can't have all this new stuff without increasing storage - I'm already having problems with storage again after (against my better judgment) getting a couple of the new facilities. You developers don't understand the exponential growth that is needed in storage when you add all this stuff. I still have lots of facilities I can't get and lots of stuff I can't do in facilities I have now because of storage problems. Now I'm gonna have to shut down the new facilities I just got and put them in storage. I"M NOT GONNA SPEND FARM CASH FOR SOMETHING I'M JUST GONNA END UP USING AS A DECORATION OR PUT IT IN STORAGE. Fix the storage problems for good - give us unlimited storage. This is what needs to be done and should have been done a long time ago. You have to be a math genius to get everything to come out at exactly the right time and I'm not going to take this game that far. Yes, I'm upset.

:confused:

so you have the storage,...... then you get things to put in them......

what is the issue..... oh I get it.... the developers don't understand the game they are developing.

Hmmmm......

Pretty Patty
Oct 28 2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks for continuing to make Farm Town a better game. By far my Favorite on FB applictions!!!

ButchBowWow
Oct 28 2010, 05:51 PM
oh well there goes my life again now to start planning on where I am going to put everything - just wish i could turn the buildings a bit better

Oh yes, every update I hope that this will be the one where we can rotate our buildings all the way around. That would probably be my all time favorite update.

gtosga
Oct 28 2010, 05:56 PM
Maybe there is a glitch in the storage as I too am having to go to the market and sell due to getting a warning for the last two days. I did not even buy anything new on this last update as I need the next farm release before I have space to add.

StoneFace
Oct 28 2010, 06:08 PM
Oh yes, every update I hope that this will be the one where we can rotate our buildings all the way around. That would probably be my all time favorite update.

that would be pretty cool..... and the vehicles too

Valntyn
Oct 28 2010, 07:46 PM
Well we are getting farm 7 in the next release :)

Question, When is the next release I really need that farm and about 3 after that

Tony D
Oct 28 2010, 07:47 PM
Question, When is the next release I really need that farm and about 3 after thatWe will all find out , when it is released :) Sorry.

preciousbaby1106
Oct 28 2010, 08:39 PM
I truly believe that our constant requests and suggestions to earn Farm Cash are being ignored. The offers cost us more than the rewarded farm dollars and most of all the surveys are bogus. If the developers are going to add new items which can only be purchased with farm dollars, the farmers should at least be able to obtain the farm cash....OR JUST GET RID OF THE FARM CASH ALL TOGETHER!!! It's proven to be useless for the most part anyway.

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 28 2010, 09:03 PM
My cows and chickens can't keep up with demand, and if I put more cows and chickens OUTSIDE of the cow byre and chicken coop, the game slows down. How about expanding (doubling?) the storage capacity of those two things? Please?

did you get dairy sheds and chicken coops on all 6 farms?
that would give you 600 of each animal untill we get the 7th farm

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 28 2010, 09:08 PM
Tried posting this to the suggestion category but there were no exsisting threads that applied to my idea and we arent allowed to make new threads there for some reason.

We need a seperate place to buy and sell products without being pestered to go work for someone, and everyone begging for jobs.

Adding the ppl to buying and selling to an already over run marketplace makes too much confusion.

How about giving the buyers and sellers a new place to coduct business or create a new:
"Employment Office" and add it to the Map as an extra location like the Inn or the realtor office?

Valntyn
Oct 28 2010, 09:24 PM
We will all find out , when it is released :) Sorry.

Yes I know :) Just getting antsy I am not addicted.....er well um maybe ô¿ô

PS I agree with the different place to go to sell. Even the tavern would be better than the marketplace

CynthiaSue
Oct 28 2010, 10:07 PM

Personally, I can't agree more. You could even charge us the price of the building to upgrade the ones we have instead of having to put another one down on each farm. I, personally, don't really want the same buildings on each farm and find it a nuisance having to visit the different farms to harvest them. Why not also allow us to pay to upgrade facilities as well, if it is a coin one, with coins and if it is a cash one with cash. I don't really care to have the same things on each of the farms. Right now I have 3 coops and 3 stables and 6 oil things! I have considered getting a second truck, but really, do not want to have that on 2 different farms either.

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 28 2010, 10:47 PM
Tried posting this to the suggestion category but there were no exsisting threads that applied to my idea and we arent allowed to make new threads there for some reason.

We need a seperate place to buy and sell products without being pestered to go work for someone, and everyone begging for jobs.

Adding the ppl to buying and selling to an already over run marketplace makes too much confusion.

How about giving the buyers and sellers a new place to coduct business or create a new:
"Employment Office" and add it to the Map as an extra location like the Inn or the realtor office?

No one can make new threads, you find an existing thread to post in..and I would put this in the thread "improvements for hiring" or whatever the hiring thread's name is lol.

gramme65
Oct 28 2010, 10:51 PM
Can we get an idea of when the next release will be? How many levels?
Thanks for a great job on this game.

Double T Dude Ranch
Oct 28 2010, 10:57 PM
Can we get an idea of when the next release will be? How many levels?
Thanks for a great job on this game.

We don't know...just like you :) It'll be a surprise for all!

barbaraglnn
Oct 29 2010, 12:00 AM
:confused:

so you have the storage,...... then you get things to put in them......

what is the issue..... oh I get it.... the developers don't understand the game they are developing.

Hmmmm......

I solved that problem by going to the marketplace more often to sell my unneccessary products. I have ALL the factories and keep them in full production as much as I can. I only collect 1/2 of them at a time, then go to the marketplace. Seems to help until we get more storage.

barbaraglnn
Oct 29 2010, 12:02 AM
I'm having trouble getting enough wheat and sugar cane, I have 6 farms fully expanded and plant wheat almost daily. Is there a way to decrease the amount of wheat needed to make flour. 10 wheats to make 5 flour is a lot, expecially when there are so many things that use flour or wheat.

boddhi_d
Oct 29 2010, 12:09 AM
You folks are creating a fantastic game. I love the user-friendly improvements - being able to leave the seeder/harvester/et cetera in storage & having the tools available on the toolbox is so much simpler. And I so appreciate NOT being asked to post things on my FB feed constantly. The new items are always a nice range of things, from new crops and decorations to expanding what current factories produce. I'm loving the Essential Oils facility - an excuse to buy more flowers! The cedar trees are lovely, as well.

One thing I'd like is if some of the items were more in scale with each other, so that (for example) the stool wasn't so out-sized, or some of houses aren't bigger than the factories. Maybe a "switch view" option? And maybe a switch view on the animals, so we could have brown cows or Canadian geese. (Also, I so-o-o-o want ducks.)

Thank you so much!

DodieGirl
Oct 29 2010, 12:14 AM
I love the new seeds, finally some that doesnt need to go in facilities. the facilities are great but I always have a ton in storage glad they came up with some for no facilities thanks again

SueW170
Oct 29 2010, 01:26 AM
Utilize the Maple trees to make maple syrup. then you can make pancakes/waffles in the breakfast shop!
Good idea. 'Course we'd have even more need for our wheat flour. Though, here's a thought -- what about using oats (oat flour which could be made in the same mill as the wheat flour) for special oat pancakes. And, of course corn cakes, too.

Betty Underdahl
Oct 29 2010, 04:10 AM
hi there,

we just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. 7 trees: cedar, star, pecan, tamarind, pistachios, papaya and autum tree.

2. 9 crops: green beans, cantaloupe, spinach, cauliflower, rhubarb, oregano, lavender, sesame seeds and parsley.

3. 17 new halloween items (coins): these were launched a few days ago.

4. New, smaller version of the oil refinery: use the 'switch view' option from the item menu.

5. Extended tool box: the tool box vertical bar now have a green arrow on top, when you click on it, it will expand and display every single tool in the game, including the mobile sprinkler, chainsaw, boat, manure spreader and all seeders. A few observations:

- if you have a tool on the current farm or on the item storage you can access it from the expanded tool box as well.

- if you have a tool on storage, you can also use the less powerfull version of that tool even if you don't own it, for example, if you own a 3x3 seeder, you can also use the 2x2 and 2x1 seeders.

- when you launch the manure spreader from the extended tool box, you'll have to click anywhere on the farm to fertilize it, you'll see a quick animation when you do this. You can also navigate to another farm and continue fertilizing. In a few days, this will also be the behaivor when fertilizing farms using the manure spreader tool located on a farm.

6. 4x4 seeder, 4x4 harvester and 4x4 plower (fc): plant 16 fields at a time.

7. Inter-user trading of primary products: when you click on the avatar of another user (where all hire options are) there is a new option named 'sell products to' will allow you to sell your primary products to other users that need them for their facilities.

- primary products are products comming directly from plants (fruits and vegetables), from animals, flowers or fish.
- the purchaser don't need to be a friend or a neighbour of the seller, this option can be used everywhere, including the market.
- every user can purchase as much as 500 products from other users every 12 hours. Notice this is almost a full farm of crops, or many fish or animals products that you can buy without having to work for them wasting space and time.
- the total price that the seller and purchaser see may be different, as purchaser is always paying the price for a medium box, even if seller is selling a combination of large and medium boxes. The difference comes from the mayor, so the the seller don't lose money either.
- the seller can sell the products:

1. 10% below market price: If seller wants to give a friend a break even at his expense

2. At market price: This will be the same as selling the products to the mayor, but it may be convenient sometimes when users want to sell products to each other

3. 10-50% above market price: In this case the seller is making a profit, but it may still be a good deal for purchasers if they put those products to good use on their facilities

8. Petrochemical plant (coins): allows you to produce ethanol. It requires petrochemical barrels as input, which you can produce in the oil refinery. In the future this plant will also produce nylon, plastics and other products.

9. Essential oils plant (coins): allows you to produce essential oils.

Pink roses essential oil -> notice that pink roses are the ones needed, not red or white roses.
Iris essential oil
violet essential oil
lavender essential oil
peach essential oil
vanilla essential oil
cinnamon essential oil
cedar essential oil -> you need cedar log piles to produce this essential oil, which you get by chopping cedar trees.

10. Perfume factory (fc): allows you to produce perfumes out of the ethanol, coconut oil and a combination of essential oils. You can produce coconut oil in the oil factory.

Baby perfume
body splash
eau de toilette
cologne
eau de parfum
perfume

11. Chinese restaurant (fc): allows you to produce chinese food. You can produce soy sause in the food preserve factory. You can produce chinese noodles in the pasta factory.

Egg rolls
fried rice
sesame chicken
kung pao chicken
chicken chow mein
fortune cookies

12. Item storage bug corrected: A very small % of users were losing items when adding them to the storage even when they had enough capacity, this has been corrected.

**more levels and farm 7 on the next release**

enjoy!

Thanks

--raul

thank you so very much !! Love this game and looking forward to farm 7 !!!

SunnyD
Oct 29 2010, 06:28 AM
I have listened to people's advice in here so much and the idea of not using the meat to produce for a few days is really paying off.. don't know why i hadn't done that because i have done just that with other production needed items.....duh me.....My friend just bought her third semi and is so mad at herself for not thinking of the same thing LOL LOL...

SivNorway
Oct 29 2010, 07:45 AM
that would be pretty cool..... and the vehicles too

Could not be more agree!!! this is what I always wanted....and I am sure all who play farmtown wanted the same....

And one thing more, the "wheatproblem" - Why dont fix it????
( faster growing, less units in the factories etc.....)

Venzulu
Oct 29 2010, 11:58 AM
Sang to the tune "My Two Front Teeth"

All I want for today is my farm number 7, my farm number 7, my farm number 7

All I want for today is my farm number 7, so I can wish you happy farming

LOL!!! HAPPY FARMING even if we don't get it today...just had to get it out of my system and I'm definitely in there with the rest of the addicts :)

StoneFace
Oct 29 2010, 01:38 PM
come on

Farm

number

nine

Ache-n-back Acres (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=0)
Ranchito Knotso Grande (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=1)
Costaplenty Plantation (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=2)
More Wine, Less Whine (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=3)
Plantopia (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=4)
Fattoria Sesto (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=5)

:eek:

:D

ScottLanter
Oct 29 2010, 03:05 PM
Please come up with an alternate (more traditional) view of the Chinese Restaurant. The devs have slipped back into that "cartoonish" mode again with this facility.

♪Jeanne♪
Oct 29 2010, 05:03 PM

Just go offline and you won't see anyone in the marketplace. It will just be you and Tom.

sandysgame@rogers.com
Oct 29 2010, 05:20 PM
You sure keep the game interesting. Than ks for all the updates

LibrarianLee
Oct 29 2010, 08:41 PM
Please come up with an alternate (more traditional) view of the Chinese Restaurant. The devs have slipped back into that "cartoonish" mode again with this facility.

That's funny - it sort of proves what a difficult job the developers have pleasing all of us. I love the chinese restaurant and HAD to have it just for its looks. I will confess, I think it looks more like the mexican restaurants around here but I thought it was just the cutest thing ever!

dansd111
Oct 29 2010, 09:19 PM
I have listened to people's advice in here so much and the idea of not using the meat to produce for a few days is really paying off.. don't know why i hadn't done that because i have done just that with other production needed items.....duh me.....My friend just bought her third semi and is so mad at herself for not thinking of the same thing LOL LOL...

I'm not sure I understand. What's the difference if you use a little each day, or a lot on day 3? It all ends up being the same amount of money, but if you use it daily, your neighbors get XP for clicking on it every day.

SueW170
Oct 29 2010, 09:50 PM
And a couple others also.

she111
Oct 29 2010, 11:37 PM
I can't find the smaller oil refinery? Can anyone help me. I know it said to go to the menu and use the switch, but I don't see the menu. Sorry I know I should know this stuff, but I don't. I would appreciate any help. I'm tired of turning all my gifts into fuel. Thank you for any help.

amberdh
Oct 29 2010, 11:46 PM
I can't find the smaller oil refinery? Can anyone help me. I know it said to go to the menu and use the switch, but I don't see the menu. Sorry I know I should know this stuff, but I don't. I would appreciate any help. I'm tired of turning all my gifts into fuel. Thank you for any help.

Hello. Click on your refinery and towards the bottom of the pop up menu you will see 'switch view'. Select that :)

BobcatTchai
Oct 30 2010, 12:05 AM

Yep I agree with you. Since the Inn doesn't have any functional purpose at the moment (at least relating to game play), maybe that could be the designated venue for trading of goods - just rename it The Trading Post.

SueW170
Oct 30 2010, 02:10 AM
Yep I agree with you. Since the Inn doesn't have any functional purpose at the moment (at least relating to game play), maybe that could be the designated venue for trading of goods - just rename it The Trading Post.
Sounds good to me. Might as well make use of the Inn which is a rather pleasant looking place.

SparkyTX
Oct 30 2010, 07:43 AM
Love all the new updates, just in a hurry for farms 7 & 8. So many new crops and factories!

May we please have farm 7 soon? Thanks

jeanieNGMsfarm
Oct 30 2010, 08:13 AM
I'm not sure I understand. What's the difference if you use a little each day, or a lot on day 3? It all ends up being the same amount of money, but if you use it daily, your neighbors get XP for clicking on it every day.

its not about how much your using to make coins each day.. its stocking up items you allways run out of so you can put them in all at once and it makes it easier if your trying to max out a facility

Pat42066
Oct 30 2010, 10:00 AM
You guys are doing great, but............... I bought some wheat from a friend and I haven't found the wheat yet. Where does it go????????? How do I know that I even bought it????????????

Mrs Mags
Oct 30 2010, 11:36 AM

Yep!! sound good to me also...a lot of Country Inn's here in the UK have harvest auctions every weekend...so why not in Farm Town...

diannevt
Oct 30 2010, 11:57 AM
Occasionally when I'm working my neighbors' facilities, the points awarded are not the usual 3 XP per item. Sometimes I see 6 XP or 9 XP. These cannot be catch-up "payments" because it has happened even on the very first facility that I work. But I'm not complaining! :D

I've noticed this happening and realized that someone was working at my facilities. So you're getting points for your friend working your facilities as you get points for working at your friends facilities.

chrisluvsanimals
Oct 30 2010, 12:25 PM

If you go "offline" before you go to the market to sell your goods, you will be the only one there (except for Tom) and nobody will be able to see you or hire you while you're there to sell your products. Just click the plug to turn it red before you go but don't forget to change it back when you return!!

Hope this helps!!

melizabeth5
Oct 30 2010, 02:05 PM

I agree. Like the Trading Post.

gtosga
Oct 30 2010, 02:43 PM
Hoping (fingers crossed) that we get a "treat" from the developers tonight or tomorrow for Halloween in the form of new farm(s) and levels :D

Mrs Mags
Oct 30 2010, 02:45 PM
Hoping (fingers crossed) that we get a "treat" from the developers tonight or tomorrow for Halloween in the form of new farm(s) and levels :D

So hope you are right....:D

deebar
Oct 30 2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks Raul & team for another fantastic update. Great to have a variety of new crops and trees to work with, and I can see the Chinese restaurant being a favourite. And a big thankyou for adding the 'trade' feature!

But yes, with all those new crops to manage I can see your next update of a 7th farm being an eagerly anticipated one.

Job well done again!!:)

y is it so expensive to expand its ridiculous and also when im doing facilities game keeps going slow and i dont know how to resolve it :(

bamagirl
Oct 30 2010, 04:53 PM

I am with you on that treat, Just hope we dont get tricked.

Laurentia
Oct 30 2010, 05:16 PM
Is that very likely to happen? I ask because my first farm, which I use solely for facilities, is now totally full. I would love to have a farm that I can just move all of my trees to, without compromising my 'farmland' - which is what I use the other 5 farms for. :) Then I can move everything around and perhaps add the jewelry store and the diner to my first farm, and it won't be cramped any more. I (heart) Farmtown. :)

Mrs Mags
Oct 30 2010, 05:47 PM
Is that very likely to happen? I ask because my first farm, which I use solely for facilities, is now totally full. I would love to have a farm that I can just move all of my trees to, without compromising my 'farmland' - which is what I use the other 5 farms for. :) Then I can move everything around and perhaps add the jewelry store and the diner to my first farm, and it won't be cramped any more. I (heart) Farmtown. :)

Not sure if it will be this weekend..but probably within the next week, we should get Farm 7 ...Raul said we would get another farm with the next update..:D

Laurentia
Oct 30 2010, 05:51 PM
Not sure if it will be this weekend..but probably within the next week, we should get Farm 7 ...Raul said we would get another farm with the next update..:D

My weekend is now complete! :D

big al from chicago
Oct 30 2010, 06:24 PM
I don't have the cedar tree in my store.

jesdreher
Oct 30 2010, 07:21 PM

I don't know...it doesn't seem too off the mark for me. We have one in town (which has closed down) which actually looks fairly similar. Mostly our Chinese restaurants are in strip malls and have no distinctive look of their own anyway. I'm fine with how the devs designed it. I'd rather them redo the ice cream, chocolate, or coffee factories.

SunnyD
Oct 30 2010, 08:09 PM
I am trying to buy some Cedar Trees...... every time i buy one.... i get connection reset.... Is something up?? anyone else having this problem..... My pc was just cleaned up yesterday...... and all is good... by a computer repair shop... so I know it is not me.......

Mistysnow
Oct 30 2010, 08:25 PM
I do the love the new addititons that you have added . I do have a question or even a suggestion . With the new seeds of parsley , seasame seeds and even oregano , will be at some point be able to use those in the spice factory . Or even adding mint to the natural remedy . I think that would be awesome so then there is more for us to produce . Keep up the great work can't wait until farm 7 .

big al from chicago
Oct 30 2010, 08:28 PM
I don't understand why anyone would purchase a solar plower when you can use the same thing free in the toolbar.I.E. plow 1 ,2, or 3, at a time.

kimbee2
Oct 30 2010, 08:59 PM
I don't understand why anyone would purchase a solar plower when you can use the same thing free in the toolbar.I.E. plow 1 ,2, or 3, at a time.

In just one word, Points

lipstickpromises
Oct 30 2010, 09:34 PM
any idea when Farm 7 is coming out???? Also love the updates and new facilities....need to figure out where to make more room for flowers i can not seem to have enough for the products to get my facilities going...i even do neighbors flowers and still dont have enough...also any way possible how we can get more product from the fish factory???? cant get enough to really put into all facilities that needs product...Cant wait for Farm 7 i get bored already have all 6 farms up and running.....

lipstickpromises
Oct 30 2010, 09:37 PM
So hope you are right....:D

i would like to have Farm 7 as my Halloween treat :)

1fritz
Oct 30 2010, 09:58 PM
I don't know...it doesn't seem too off the mark for me. We have one in town (which has closed down) which actually looks fairly similar. Mostly our Chinese restaurants are in strip malls and have no distinctive look of their own anyway. I'm fine with how the devs designed it. I'd rather them redo the ice cream, chocolate, or coffee factories.

I agree with that. No problem with the Chinese resturant apperance. But the Chocolate and Ice Cram factories need a face lift.

Fritz

1fritz
Oct 30 2010, 10:00 PM
Yep!! sound good to me also...a lot of Country Inn's here in the UK have harvest auctions every weekend...so why not in Farm Town...

Totally agree the Inn would be perfect for trading. At least folks would know why you are there.:D

BobcatTchai
Oct 30 2010, 10:34 PM
If you go "offline" before you go to the market to sell your goods, you will be the only one there (except for Tom) and nobody will be able to see you or hire you while you're there to sell your products. Just click the plug to turn it red before you go but don't forget to change it back when you return!!

Hope this helps!!

That's true it does help and I do that already when I use the market to sell finished goods. But for people who want to use the new trading feature they have to be 'online' to trade goods with other players. With a lot of other people using the market to hire and look for work it makes things a little hectic if we use the one venue for everything. A separate venue specifically for trading of goods might help relieve some of that congestion :)

Fingers crossed the devs might also agree that setting up The Inn as a Trading Post might do the trick :)

SunnyD
Oct 31 2010, 12:00 AM
That's true it does help and I do that already when I use the market to sell finished goods. But for people who want to use the new trading feature they have to be 'online' to trade goods with other players. With a lot of other people using the market to hire and look for work it makes things a little hectic if we use the one venue for everything. A separate venue specifically for trading of goods might help relieve some of that congestion :)

Fingers crossed the devs might also agree that setting up The Inn as a Trading Post might do the trick :)

I agree with you totally....... I actually am kind of staying away from the market as it is a bit confusing at the moment

driverdave
Oct 31 2010, 02:31 AM

I just had a (to me) brilliant idea........Lets give the mayor the job of running the employment office ........ and maybe toms wife Thelma could run the trading post ......that way the market is for selling to tom.......the mayor handles the employment.......and those of us that have goods to trade can drop in on thelma............

anusyriac
Oct 31 2010, 03:46 AM
21-10 2010 after I can't play FARMTOWN because of slahkey.com change there URL. They added in URL the word "game".before not like URL

girlbetboop
Oct 31 2010, 06:21 AM
My Message Display Box will not open, does anyone have any suggestions, to try? I think it is a glitch. It has always opened before now. It is the one on the top of the game Display screen, in the envelope. It appears and you see loading then quickly disappears as fast. And does this continuously. I can not get messages from friends within the game. Thanks:)

Henry Tanner
Oct 31 2010, 06:51 AM
Hi everyone I am so excited about al the new items just released and am so cant wait for that 7th farm. Farmtown is far best the game that rocks facebook and all other applications out there they dont even come close. Keep up the great work Slashkey you rock

Grumpa
Oct 31 2010, 09:19 AM
21-10 2010 after I can't play FARMTOWN because of slahkey.com change there URL. They added in URL the word "game".before not like URL

I can not find the word game in my URL.

Mrs Mags
Oct 31 2010, 09:50 AM
I just had a (to me) brilliant idea........Lets give the mayor the job of running the employment office ........ and maybe toms wife Thelma could run the trading post ......that way the market is for selling to tom.......the mayor handles the employment.......and those of us that have goods to trade can drop in on thelma............

Umm ..Great idea..but I think the Mayor has been kidnapped, and held to ransom....at least until we get Farm 7..Maybe we could ask him then ....:D:D

SunnyD
Oct 31 2010, 10:14 AM
I can not find the word game in my URL.

ok clue me in ...... Farm town is available on a web site that is not in Facebook or MySpace???

Texas Belle
Oct 31 2010, 11:25 AM

Go "OFF MODE", on the tool up on the top where the wrench is, select off mode, and then they won't see you to hire you, its simple and to your advantage...

SunnyD
Oct 31 2010, 11:42 AM
Go "OFF MODE", on the tool up on the top where the wrench is, select off mode, and then they won't see you to hire you, its simple and to your advantage...

this is only good when you are selling your goods to Tom.... but not if you are selling to other FT players.......

BethFB
Oct 31 2010, 12:01 PM
Raul, you and the other techs deserve a Halloween smooch from the female fans and handshakes from the male fans.

I cannot wait for farm seven to come out as I'll be able to put some of my pine, cedar and oak trees there.

Thank you!
Beth

Barboo
Oct 31 2010, 01:09 PM
You guys are going to have to change the market around to get people to use the sell function. I can't even get anyone to acknowledge me when I'm offering to buy or sell. Maybe make special sections of the market for hiring, some sections for buying and selling etc...

Ginasue1
Oct 31 2010, 02:27 PM
I have been selling to neighbors. If a neighbor needs something they come ask and if I have it, I sell it to them. I have a lot of the basic stuff stockpiled.

CalvinDogs
Oct 31 2010, 05:01 PM
y is it so expensive to expand its ridiculous and also when im doing facilities game keeps going slow and i dont know how to resolve it :(
when loading farms, if it slows down, try going offline while loading. As far as costing too much, that is part of the challenge. I am moving faster now that I have added facilities to all of my farms.

janisko
Oct 31 2010, 08:00 PM
I solved that problem by going to the marketplace more often to sell my unneccessary products. I have ALL the factories and keep them in full production as much as I can. I only collect 1/2 of them at a time, then go to the marketplace. Seems to help until we get more storage.

This whole discussion of storage seems strange to me. I fill all of my facilities, which are numerous, to capacity and then store. I often have enormous numbers in my storage and never get a storage warning.

janisko
Oct 31 2010, 08:02 PM
I'm having trouble getting enough wheat and sugar cane, I have 6 farms fully expanded and plant wheat almost daily. Is there a way to decrease the amount of wheat needed to make flour. 10 wheats to make 5 flour is a lot, expecially when there are so many things that use flour or wheat.

I see the flour as a big problem, too. The same with corn flour. I never have nearly enough of either, even if I stagger plant on two farms so there is always some ready to go. Note that I'm also fertilizing and doubling my harvests. Even that doesn't help. The other HUGE problem is tomatoes. I completely stopped making pizza because it requires two per batch. I can't afford to waste those tomatoes.

tazfreak
Oct 31 2010, 08:13 PM
I just wanted to say how much I enjoy Farm Town. I also like the new upgrades you have put in. The tool expansion and all of the new crops and facilities. You are doing a great job.
Thanks

Valntyn
Oct 31 2010, 08:16 PM
I've been fussing a bit lately about some glitches (that haven't been fixed) but I do want to say tho some of my trees are gone and one of my farms won't let me harvest cows hens and the wool shed I still think the game is great and good job Dev's. This is the first game I played on fb, in fact it is the reason I signed up for fb in the first place. Now more farms please

iwannagohome
Oct 31 2010, 08:48 PM
I have a question.
I read the first 6 pages and did not see this asked...excuse me if it is a duplicate question...

It says, "Primary Products are products comming directly from plants (fruits and vegetables), from animals, flowers or fish."

I understand primary products from harvested plants we started from seed, but are almonds from trees or cinnamon trees a primary product? Almonds technically are not fruit...

Thanks

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 31 2010, 08:51 PM
Just go offline and you won't see anyone in the marketplace. It will just be you and Tom.

and just how am i supposed to sell and buy products if im offline and cant see ppl?

Tiger
Oct 31 2010, 08:51 PM
I have a question.
I read the first 6 pages and did not see this asked...excuse me if it is a duplicate question...

It says, "Primary Products are products comming directly from plants (fruits and vegetables), from animals, flowers or fish."

I understand primary products from harvested plants we started from seed, but are almonds from trees or cinnamon trees a primary product? Almonds technically are not fruit...

Thanks

yes products from harvesting trees are included, they will be listed in the sell from plants section :)

Tiger
Oct 31 2010, 08:52 PM
and just how am i supposed to sell and buy products if im offline and cant see ppl?

if you want to sell to a farmer instead of the mayor/tom, you will need to be on line

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 31 2010, 08:54 PM

theres nothing but low life sludge in the inn that do nothing but talk trash to each other.

The Inn is like the projects or trailer park of farmtown.
Let the sheet talkers have it and let them stay there where they belong.

they need a place to stay out of the rest of ours hair lol

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 31 2010, 08:58 PM

if you dont own the plow then the only thing you can use in the tool bar is plow 1 plot at a time

Tony D
Oct 31 2010, 09:00 PM
if you dont own the plow then the only thing you can use in the tool bar is plow 1 plot at a timeThat is only if you do not have enough neighbours.

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 31 2010, 09:04 PM
I have a question.

Thanks

yes all tree yields can be sold

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 31 2010, 09:05 PM
That is only if you do not have enough neighbours.

huh??????????????

bucephalis
Oct 31 2010, 09:08 PM
Crude oil is also a basic product. Why can't we sell that to other players?

iwannagohome
Oct 31 2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks for your answers about harvests from trees.
I have a lot of fruit trees but don't have the preserve factory so usually don't harvest them. Now I have the incentive to harvest and sell to others in need.
Thanks again.

Duck Duck Goose
Oct 31 2010, 09:16 PM
Crude oil is also a basic product. Why can't we sell that to other players?

apparenlty they didnt feel we should be able to sell stuff from those types of buildings that only require coins as an imput.
same thing with the mines and honey / fish farms

BethFB
Oct 31 2010, 10:47 PM

How about giving the buyers and sellers a new place to coduct business or create a new: "Employment Office" and add it to the Map as an extra location like the Inn or the realtor office?

I second this suggestion as it is fair because the Marketplace is to sell your crops and stuff you made, not get employment at the same time. I go there now to only sell my crops and the stuff I make, since the new harvester and plowing tools came out. I now rarely hire anyone to come to my farms anymore and when I go to the marketplace to sell my stuff, I am bombarded by requests to come work at so and so's farm. I just ignore those posts till after I get done with my work and click not at this time and go back to my farm.

Beth

she111
Oct 31 2010, 11:49 PM
Hello. Click on your refinery and towards the bottom of the pop up menu you will see 'switch view'. Select that :)
I meant I can't find the small oil refinery to buy. I see the larger one that take cash. I was hoping the new smaller version could be bought by Farm cash, but then I can't find the refinery. Thank you

SueW170
Oct 31 2010, 11:52 PM
Early on in playing FT, I bought one because I didn't have sufficient number of FT Neighbors to plow 4 plots at a time. For those reluctant to add FT Neighbors, or FB friends, who aren't people they actually know, the solar plow can be a real help in making the game faster and easier.
Having discovered the Forum a while back and gotten to know a number of folks through these discussions, I'm now happy to have over 30 neighbors, over half active in FT regularly. But, for a time, that plow was great.

ayah
Oct 31 2010, 11:56 PM
Ohhhhh - this is so so so great. I LOVE Farm Town and I am so so so hoping that you will put out a ton of Christmas items and put them out EARLY so we can decorate BIG and have enough money to buy some over a period of time with farm cash if necessary. Thank you for all the fun you have given so many of us.

Tony D
Oct 31 2010, 11:57 PM
huh??????????????you don't have to own a plough to plough up to 3 x 3.... if you have enough neighbours

SunnyD
Nov 01 2010, 01:06 AM
I second this suggestion as it is fair because the Marketplace is to sell your crops and stuff you made, not get employment at the same time. I go there now to only sell my crops and the stuff I make, since the new harvester and plowing tools came out. I now rarely hire anyone to come to my farms anymore and when I go to the marketplace to sell my stuff, I am bombarded by requests to come work at so and so's farm. I just ignore those posts till after I get done with my work and click not at this time and go back to my farm.

Beth

If you are going to the market to only sell your produced items from your facilities then click on the plug to go offline before you leave your farm... you can then sell to Tom and no one sees you and you see no one either.. if you are however going there to sell to other farmers you will need to be online.....

BobcatTchai
Nov 01 2010, 02:59 AM

Yes I know about switching to 'offline' mode to sell finished goods and do this already. The issue that has arisen relates to 'trading' of produce at market. This requires you to be 'online', and what people are finding is that there's just too much stuff happening in the one place. A separate place just to trade goods would hopefully help with this.:)

SunnyD
Nov 01 2010, 04:24 AM
I still can't purchase Cedar trees without being disconnected even on my sisters farm it does this.........

Tuppy Love
Nov 01 2010, 04:43 AM
Raul and team, Thank you so very much for all the work you all put into this game !! Greatly appreciated. The extended tool box is so amazing !!! Now we do not have to take up space on our farms for equipment ( seeders, plows, and such ). Its great not having to sit them down on the farms to use them. Now what to do with all the extra equipment we now have but no longer need. Spent 100's of thousands of coin on each but can only sell for just over 1K ???? Would really be nice and very helpful if we could make back some of our coin...closer to the amount that we had to spend for them. Hint hint :)) Love the cedar tree !! So beautiful !!! as well as some of the others. But cedar so far is my favorite. Seriously though, thank you sooooooo much !! Can't hardly wait for farm 7 to arrive and 8,9 10 LOL . You guys are the best !!!

Toranut97
Nov 01 2010, 10:12 AM
Umm ..Great idea..but I think the Mayor has been kidnapped, and held to ransom....at least until we get Farm 7..Maybe we could ask him then ....:D:D

Well, actually he is in the mine now, being held captive underground. A massive rescue effort is being planned by the Oompa Loompas who work in the chocolate factory....! :D

Mrs Mags
Nov 01 2010, 10:57 AM
Well, actually he is in the mine now, being held captive underground. A massive rescue effort is being planned by the Oompa Loompas who work in the chocolate factory....! :D

Brilliant!! So funny...:D:D:D

JocelynCS
Nov 01 2010, 03:44 PM
I wish we had a place separate from the market to sell and trade goods. Maybe the inn? A lot of people don't seem to know about it yet.

thorups
Nov 01 2010, 05:01 PM
...I am not receiving my XP points and the 'bubble' that tracks my points and how many needed before I can level up, is NOT working.

Please advise if there is a general problem or if I am 'special'. :-))

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 01 2010, 05:03 PM
...I am not receiving my XP points and the 'bubble' that tracks my points and how many needed before I can level up, is NOT working.

Please advise if there is a general problem or if I am 'special'. :-))

Are you level 135? If so that's why it won't move up.

Duck Duck Goose
Nov 01 2010, 05:21 PM
I meant I can't find the small oil refinery to buy. I see the larger one that take cash. I was hoping the new smaller version could be bought by Farm cash, but then I can't find the refinery. Thank you

You have to buy the only one thats there -
then you vhange the view of it to the smaller one

Duck Duck Goose
Nov 01 2010, 05:23 PM
you don't have to own a plough to plough up to 3 x 3.... if you have enough neighbours

That must be yet another "facebook only" thing unless they just recently changed this.

on myspace you had to have 1 of the plows to do more than just 1 at a time.

thefish36
Nov 01 2010, 05:27 PM
I wonder when we will be getting snow again. It would be nice to have before the Christmas stuff is released. :P

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 01 2010, 06:12 PM
I wonder when we will be getting snow again. It would be nice to have before the Christmas stuff is released. :P

First is Thanksgiving :)

Taz D
Nov 01 2010, 07:13 PM
The only view shown is the larger one. You have to buy it, place it and then switch view to get the smaller one.

Marts1
Nov 01 2010, 07:34 PM
I really didn't think there would be anymore farms added after the fertilizer came out. I'll be happy to oblidge..:)

thefish36
Nov 01 2010, 07:58 PM

I know they come out with Thanksgiving items.... I also know that people from other countries play this game. I was just thinking it would be nice to have some winter things before they brought out the Christmas items.

1fritz
Nov 01 2010, 09:23 PM
I know it's too soon, but I really. really need farm 7.

Thanks

SueW170
Nov 01 2010, 10:26 PM
First is Thanksgiving :)
Yes, let's not forget Thanksgiving for those of us in the US. I realize Canada has already observed theirs and not sure about other countries.

Hyacinth Bucket
Nov 02 2010, 12:33 AM
It would also be nice for a change if the devs realised that America is not the only country in the world when they gave us speciality products. It is actually summer at Christmas time in HALF of the world!

maloneyglo
Nov 02 2010, 04:03 AM
Thank you so much! Will we ever be able to go to the marketplace and buy sugar, flour, ect from the store?

corogirl
Nov 02 2010, 04:29 AM
It would also be nice for a change if the devs realised that America is not the only country in the world when they gave us speciality products. It is actually summer at Christmas time in HALF of the world!

I agree, some nice beachy Christmas things would go down a treat here in Gods own!

corogirl
Nov 02 2010, 04:34 AM
Yes, let's not forget Thanksgiving for those of us in the US. I realize Canada has already observed theirs and not sure about other countries.

I always thought thanks giving was something to do with turkeys until one of my US neighbours enlightened me last year. Nobody else in the world knows or really cares about thanks giving. Lets keep the specialty things more international. We are already in the throws of Christmas down here so bring it on.

HelenJS22
Nov 02 2010, 04:48 AM
The only view shown is the larger one. You have to buy it, place it and then switch view to get the smaller one.

... which means that you also have to make room to put down the huge one, instead of the smaller one that you actually want :(

SunnyD
Nov 02 2010, 05:19 AM
I always thought thanks giving was something to do with turkeys until one of my US neighbours enlightened me last year. Nobody else in the world knows or really cares about thanks giving. Lets keep the specialty things more international. We are already in the throws of Christmas down here so bring it on.

actually this won't be heard by many people ..... only us die hards that come to this thread looking for news on updates....... you need to place this in the holiday section or suggestions section... just letting you know ok??

Henry Tanner
Nov 02 2010, 07:34 AM
Hi everyone I either lost it or am totally a farmtown adict setting at my computer singing a song to the tune of oh where has my litttle dog gone. I am going to cal it my farmtown anthem..lol

Oh where oh where has our little farm 7 gone
oh where oh where can it be
waiting to add some nice extra crops and new factorys
with the bigger upgrades will not be too long
oh where oh where has our little farm 7 gone
Hope we soon see that farm 7 because FARMTOWN ROCKS and its the best game ever
Happy Farming everyone

tricia g
Nov 02 2010, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone I either lost it or am totally a farmtown adict setting at my computer singing a song to the tune of oh where has my litttle dog gone. I am going to cal it my farmtown anthem..lol

Happy Farming everyone

Stop this silly song now, cos i am now humming it too . . . . . :rolleyes:

Henry Tanner
Nov 02 2010, 08:00 AM
lol I know ever since I started singing that tune i cant stop

ScottLanter
Nov 02 2010, 08:18 AM

Happy Farming everyone

Imagine the songs that'll be sung if Farm 7 turns out to be a Farm Cash ONLY addition.

tricia g
Nov 02 2010, 08:30 AM
Imagine the songs that'll be sung if Farm 7 turns out to be a Farm Cash ONLY addition.

Thats such a nasty thought to have :( . Please think happy thoughts :)

Mrs Mags
Nov 02 2010, 08:51 AM

Shhhhhhhh.....Hush now....don't be going saying such things....you may give someone the idea....:eek:

Mrs Mags
Nov 02 2010, 08:53 AM

Happy Farming everyone

Tr..la..ta..la ....Now I can't stop singing it....:D:D:D:D

ScottLanter
Nov 02 2010, 08:57 AM
Haha, yeah I know, Mags. But, it'll be interesting to see how many people truly do want a Farm 7, if it's only available with Farm Cash.

marwahr
Nov 02 2010, 10:39 AM

Personally I think the view of the Chinese Restaurant is rather cute. :) But what I'd really like to see is Farm 7 ... I was hoping it would have been our "treat" for Halloween.

BobcatTchai
Nov 02 2010, 10:48 AM
Haha, yeah I know, Mags. But, it'll be interesting to see how many people truly do want a Farm 7, if it's only available with Farm Cash.

To borrow a little from 'Field Of Dreams' - if they offer it, people will pay

ScottLanter
Nov 02 2010, 10:57 AM
Personally I think the view of the Chinese Restaurant is rather cute. :) But what I'd really like to see is Farm 7 ... I was hoping it would have been our "treat" for Halloween.

I'm not into cute stuff, I guess. I'm more into realistic views of the structures.

Mrs Mags
Nov 02 2010, 11:59 AM

Well..I guess that is true enough...*looking how much is in my piggy bank as we speak*....:D

Ginasue1
Nov 02 2010, 12:20 PM
I want, I want, I want. no mather what it costs

Ginasue1
Nov 02 2010, 12:21 PM
Have you looked at your gift's lately and seen the green box?

Mrs Mags
Nov 02 2010, 01:15 PM
Have you looked at your gift's lately and seen the green box?

What green box?

Ginasue1
Nov 02 2010, 01:18 PM
When you get gifts, if they are things to use in your facilities, then there is a little green box now with them. It tells you what that can be used in.

Mrs Mags
Nov 02 2010, 01:20 PM
When you get gifts, if they are things to use in your facilities, then there is a little green box now with them. It tells you what that can be used in.

Oh right..Thanks..I will have to look out for that one..:)

Texas Belle
Nov 02 2010, 02:37 PM

I would not hesitate one nano second and buy the expansions too.... I need that farm 7.
And about the silly song, now I cannot get it out of my mind, humming along, lets all hum it and maybe this Friday it will come, hehehehehehe
Ok, Raul, where is my mamey ice cream, waiting with all those trees to be harvested and make yummy ice cream.

dianedrayson
Nov 02 2010, 04:34 PM

Here's one gal who'd be voting with her feet - or fingers in this case - and leaving the game. That would be way, way too greedy for me. I've paid enough on this game already.

Just don't even give the developers the idea that we would be willing to pay for a farm 7, or they'll make us do that.

dianedrayson
Nov 02 2010, 06:08 PM
I confess I haven't looked at every post to see if anyone else has raised this. Sorry. Has anyone else done the maths on the essential oils plant?

Take vanilla, for example. If I use it in the spice factory then 2 fields gives me 4000 coins. If I use it in essential oils, then 1 field gives me 400 coins. This means the spice factory is five times better (unless you also have the perfume facility, and I don't have that to see if the return makes the vanilla worthwhile).

Cinnamon is bad too. I only get 1700 in the essential oils factory, but in the coffee/tea shop I get 2750 (the difference between the cappuccino and the cinnamon latte).

Peach in the essential oils gives 550, which is slightly better than the 450 from the preserves factory.

The cedar oil is not overly generous either. It takes 8 days to break even on the cost of a cedar tree, whereas in the sawmill it only takes 2.5 days to break even on the cost of an oak tree.

I don't have any flowers, so I don't know how the return compares with the flower shop.

Come on developers, give us a fair return in the facilities. Please take this on board when planning new facilities. These coin-facilities are not just there to feed into the farm cash-facilities. We want them to make coins in their own rights.

I love this game and I love the variety of things you give us (though some don't interest me so I don't buy them) but I would like an even return on the facilities. I can see I will hardly use this essential oils one, and I might have been better using my field space for more productive crops and trees.

1fritz
Nov 02 2010, 09:03 PM

Don't care if it is I just want it. LOL:D

kschilpe
Nov 02 2010, 09:32 PM
when is soon in your book 2 wks 3 wks ....

SunnyD
Nov 02 2010, 09:54 PM

Happy Farming everyone

just got on here tonight got two more pages to read loving this.....
how about "oh where oh where has Farm Town Mayor gone" lol
oh where oh where can he be....?? loving it someone help me out here

bucephalis
Nov 02 2010, 09:56 PM
For all those who are crying about FC...There are enough ways to get it that it shouldn't be a problem. You may have to use your head and/or work. In the "earn cash and coin" page there are plenty of opportunities that can be used. Are you going to buy someone a birthday present or a Christmas gift? How about a magazine subscription? I was going to buy some work shoes and noted I could get them here. Great shoes, a lot of FC! You can always sacrifice some of your valuable time and do the many surveys. You can get just about all the FC you need and be spending your real money on items you need and will buy anyway. Might as well put a little thought into it and use this option. The only criticism I have is Slashkey needs to do a little more marketing and get more opportunities in there. You may have to buy some FC, but probably not unless you are obsessive and have to buy that tool or facility RIGHT NOW!!

Kay Pasa
Nov 02 2010, 11:43 PM
I haven't read all 69 pages of posts but I need to make a comment to the devs about the Pecan Tree. I am a native Texan where Pecan trees are very abundant. They are very tall, large branches, and lots of "green leaves". The Pecan tree here in FT, well I don't know where you got the image but it is totally wrong. Where do ya'll research your graphics? Needless to say I have purchased some of them but wished they looked like the ones around here.

SueW170
Nov 03 2010, 12:47 AM
Really? Gosh:) Not that ornaments and such aren't already appearing in our retail stores her in the US -- prior to Halloween in some stores, for gosh sakes. Guess it's a personal thing, but I sort of cringe when I see seasonal decorations up weeks before the holiday. I usually start doing a bit of holiday decorating the week of the holiday and mostly don't trim the tree until the day before THE day. Of course, procrastination over non-essentials may have a bit to do with that LOL

SueW170
Nov 03 2010, 12:50 AM
I haven't read all 69 pages of posts but I need to make a comment to the devs about the Pecan Tree. I am a native Texan where Pecan trees are very abundant. They are very tall, large branches, and lots of "green leaves". The Pecan tree here in FT, well I don't know where you got the image but it is totally wrong. Where do ya'll research your graphics? Needless to say I have purchased some of them but wished they looked like the ones around here.
Pecan trees aren't native trees where I live up in Oregon, but have seen them lots of times in the southeast and I also thought the FT image a bit odd. Nice little tree, but a pecan? Also noticed that the cranberry trees aren't a bit like the high bush cranberry native to northern regions. Oh, and those olive trees? Hmm....

BobcatTchai
Nov 03 2010, 01:57 AM
I confess I haven't looked at every post to see if anyone else has raised this. Sorry. Has anyone else done the maths on the essential oils plant?

Take vanilla, for example. If I use it in the spice factory then 2 fields gives me 4000 coins. If I use it in essential oils, then 1 field gives me 400 coins. This means the spice factory is five times better (unless you also have the perfume facility, and I don't have that to see if the return makes the vanilla worthwhile).

Cinnamon is bad too. I only get 1700 in the essential oils factory, but in the coffee/tea shop I get 2750 (the difference between the cappuccino and the cinnamon latte).

Peach in the essential oils gives 550, which is slightly better than the 450 from the preserves factory.

The cedar oil is not overly generous either. It takes 8 days to break even on the cost of a cedar tree, whereas in the sawmill it only takes 2.5 days to break even on the cost of an oak tree.

I don't have any flowers, so I don't know how the return compares with the flower shop.

Come on developers, give us a fair return in the facilities. Please take this on board when planning new facilities. These coin-facilities are not just there to feed into the farm cash-facilities. We want them to make coins in their own rights.

I love this game and I love the variety of things you give us (though some don't interest me so I don't buy them) but I would like an even return on the facilities. I can see I will hardly use this essential oils one, and I might have been better using my field space for more productive crops and trees.

It's true the returns on some of the produce via the essential oils factory are modest - relatively speaking. But therein lies the clever strategy on the part of the game developers. If you want the really big coin returns it pays to have the FC facilities, such as the ones you mentioned. The essential oils factory can be used as a stand alone facility, but its primary purpose is to prepare ingredients for use at the perfume factory which, like the spice factory and tea/coffee shop, costs FC but offers mucho excellent returns on your investment :)

SunnyD
Nov 03 2010, 05:11 AM
in your gift box... items to be used in facilities now have a green box with a ??? in it..... yeah way way cool click the ? and it tells you what you can use it for.... wow Now i know why i had so much trouble today lol lol yay FT you Rock.. and no no they can't (or i should say shouldn't, lol) do that making the farm 7 only FC they will loose many many players........ for real...... doubt they would do that......

lulu836
Nov 03 2010, 08:39 AM
Pecan trees aren't native trees where I live up in Oregon, but have seen them lots of times in the southeast and I also thought the FT image a bit odd. Nice little tree, but a pecan? Also noticed that the cranberry trees aren't a bit like the high bush cranberry native to northern regions. Oh, and those olive trees? Hmm....

That is the saddest pecan tree I've ever seen. I have two pecan trees in my back yard and they don't look anything like what's available in FT. A lot of thought went into the cedar and oak trees............why not do that with the pecan tree?

Picture of a real pecan tree attached for reference for FT graphic artist.

Mrs Mags
Nov 03 2010, 09:10 AM
in your gift box... items to be used in facilities now have a green box with a ??? in it..... yeah way way cool click the ? and it tells you what you can use it for.... wow Now i know why i had so much trouble today lol lol yay FT you Rock.. and no no they can't (or i should say shouldn't, lol) do that making the farm 7 only FC they will loose many many players........ for real...... doubt they would do that......

I doubt they will charge FC only for Farm 7 too Sunny..If I remember correctly, back in the days when Bert used to post the updates, he indicated Farms would always be available to everyone..including those who couldn't afford to buy FC....up until now anyhow, they have always stuck by that statement.... things could have changed, I guess....but I do think you are right..if they started charging FC only for a farm, lots of people would vote with their feet...I certainly know most of my neighbours would..:eek:

Andy H
Nov 03 2010, 10:00 AM
Love the new features. The oil refinery new view is not staying - keeps reverting back to the old view. Thanks for your attention.

kathyonthefarm
Nov 03 2010, 10:44 AM
Can I ask where you are all seeing that FT is going to charge FC for additional farms such as farm 7? I have never seen them do this. They have always offered it in coins and FC. Is someone just trying to get people to grumble in advance or what? I looked through the polls and saw no such poll on this. Thank you FT for giving us all we ask for and making such an interactive game with people from around the world. I now have groups of friends from all over the world that have become very good friends.

Rob T
Nov 03 2010, 10:45 AM
Can I ask where you are all seeing that FT is going to charge FC for additional farms such as farm 7? I have never seen them do this. They have always offered it in coins and FC. Is someone just trying to get people to grumble in advance or what? I looked through the polls and saw no such poll on this. Thank you FT for giving us all we ask for and making such an interactive game with people from around the world. I now have groups of friends from all over the world that have become very good friends.

i think someone said it jokingly :)

tmh58
Nov 03 2010, 11:17 AM
To the tune of "Leaving on a Jet Plane"

"All my restaraunts are empty their ready to go, their standing outside the Realtor's door.
Can't wait to get to Farm 7 and my new homeeeee."

I have my town drawn on a piece of paper. Every building and restaraunt in it's place! Now I just need Farm 7! My restaruants are sitting empty so all I have to do is move them over to their new home! I am ready to go! I can have new farm now please!!

gerigp1
Nov 03 2010, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know how often there are announcements? I am eagerly awaiting for the next one so I can get farm # 7-- I am new to this forum so any info will be appreciated!!

Rob T
Nov 03 2010, 11:30 AM
Does anyone know how often there are announcements? I am eagerly awaiting for the next one so I can get farm # 7-- I am new to this forum so any info will be appreciated!!

Only the developers know the answer to that one :)

ghostkitten
Nov 03 2010, 11:32 AM
I think its to early for a new release....But the Devs usually prove me wrong..I would say in another week......(hoping they prove me wrong again:D)

dorissau
Nov 03 2010, 11:40 AM
I swear.. some people will whine about everything. I am so, so pleased w/the new update. Best thing is the popup with all my tools... so beautiful not to leave little corners for parking machinery. Can't imagine they will charge FC for a new farm. I do expect it will be lots & lots of coins, so I'm saving up! Thanksgiving stuff?? What fun!!

Xiphias
Nov 03 2010, 01:40 PM
Calmly waiting for farm #7, have over 500 million coins saved up just for my new farm~ I love all the new changes, I hope they will raise the levels also, as I am a level 135~ :)

ScottLanter
Nov 03 2010, 01:49 PM

I couldn't disagree with this post more. I realize most countries may not know, or even care, about Thanksgiving. But, Farm Town is a game that is based in the U.S. And, if that means recognizing U.S. holidays, so be it. I'm against eliminating one of our most cherished holidays in this game, simply because other countries may not care about it.

ScottLanter
Nov 03 2010, 01:51 PM
Calmly waiting for farm #7, have over 500 million coins saved up just for my new farm~ I love all the new changes, I hope they will raise the levels also, as I am a level 135~ :)

Keep saving those coins, Xiphias. It's going to take a lot more than 500 million coins to upgrade Farm 7 to its max, I think. :)

Ginasue1
Nov 03 2010, 01:53 PM
Other countries have holidays, that we don't have, but yet, we realizes that some countries do, and if they want to make things for those, then we have the right to buy or not buy for it.
Just like you have the right to buy or not to buy.

Rob T
Nov 03 2010, 01:56 PM
Lots of countries have some form of thanksgiving, it's just a celebration of the harvest. only the US & Canada call it 'Thanksgiving' other countries may call it 'Harvest Festival'

Ginasue1
Nov 03 2010, 01:59 PM
Lots of countries have some form of thanksgiving, it's just a celebration of the harvest. only the US & Canada call it 'Thanksgiving' other countries may call it 'Harvest Festival'

Also in America it started out as given thanks for coming though the first year of life in America, and having a very good harvest and a way to also thank the Indian's that helped those people make it.

ScottLanter
Nov 03 2010, 02:12 PM
Also in America it started out as given thanks for coming though the first year of life in America, and having a very good harvest and a way to also thank the Indian's that helped those people make it.

Actually, it was called Giving Thanks. But, yes, you are correct....the name of the holiday was different, originally. I've still got my "Happy Thanksgiving" banners in storage, ready to use on my farms in a couple of weeks. Woohoo!!!

BreezieD
Nov 03 2010, 03:21 PM

I"m ready for FARM #7 too!

SunnyD
Nov 03 2010, 03:41 PM
need some opinions.... i made a garage for my farm equipment... worked really hard on it.... do you think since we can store our equipment now i should redesign my farm????

bbyboop1977
Nov 03 2010, 03:53 PM
need some opinions.... i made a garage for my farm equipment... worked really hard on it.... do you think since we can store our equipment now i should redesign my farm????

I think it' cute, but my opinion would be to redesign only because I don't really like the way the equipment looks.

Mrs Mags
Nov 03 2010, 04:05 PM

I think your Garage is really lovely Sunny. Personally I would leave it..its makes really good decoration for your farm xx

bbyboop1977
Nov 03 2010, 04:09 PM
I think your Garage is really lovely Sunny. Personally I would leave it..its makes really good decoration for your farm xx

Yes, it is good, maybe instead of the equipment you can put cars there instead.

Tiger
Nov 03 2010, 04:16 PM

If you are unsure, perhaps wait until the new levels come out. New decorations might arrive at the same time and you might want to redesign again anyway, shame we dont know when that is yet. I suppose the only real question is, if you like seeing your tools in the garage and like the way it looks then keep it. You have some lovely farms, well designed, thanks for sharing them with us :)

SunnyD
Nov 03 2010, 06:14 PM
If you are unsure, perhaps wait until the new levels come out. New decorations might arrive at the same time and you might want to redesign again anyway, shame we dont know when that is yet. I suppose the only real question is, if you like seeing your tools in the garage and like the way it looks then keep it. You have some lovely farms, well designed, thanks for sharing them with us :)

oh your just too sweet thank you all for your thoughts........ i am thinking i will put some cars there and take some of the equipment out... thank you all very much.......i am flattered...

driverdave
Nov 03 2010, 09:30 PM
now i may have the wrong end of the stick here,......but i always thought that thanksgiving commemorated the landing of the fleet with the settlers ...and they celebrated (if thats the word i need here) their safe arrival .......i may be worng but i am australian so please correct me ........as for farm 7 well i doubt they will make it farmcash only because if they did the forums server would crash badly witht he weight of posts that people would make ...and please devs dont be too heavy with the price in coins...but please keep up the great work that makes this game the only farming game worth playing

Kay Pasa
Nov 03 2010, 10:02 PM

Which farm is your garage on? I couldn't find it.

Phanny
Nov 03 2010, 10:36 PM
That garage is very clever Sunny. I don't think I would be demolishing it in a hurry after all that work.
Farm 2 Bunnylady...

Taz D
Nov 03 2010, 11:06 PM
I don't know. I have one in my yard that has never grown up...nor has it produced....lol

SueW170
Nov 04 2010, 01:14 AM
I'm not into cute stuff, I guess. I'm more into realistic views of the structures.
Likewise, Scott.

SueW170
Nov 04 2010, 01:38 AM
now i may have the wrong end of the stick here,......but i always thought that thanksgiving commemorated the landing of the fleet with the settlers ...and they celebrated (if thats the word i need here) their safe arrival .......i may be worng but i am australian so please correct me ........as for farm 7 well i doubt they will make it farmcash only because if they did the forums server would crash badly witht he weight of posts that people would make ...and please devs dont be too heavy with the price in coins...but please keep up the great work that makes this game the only farming game worth playing
Basically correct about the celebration we call Thanksgiving here in the US. According to history, a group of religious dissenters (known as the "Pilgrims") sailed from England and landed at what is now known as Plymouth Rock on the Massachusetts coast in 1620. After a winter which many of this small group of settlers did not survive, they were able to bring in crops their second season and held a feast to "give thanks." The feast is historically said to have lasted several days and members of a local American Indian tribe who had helped these settlers are said to have also taken part in the feast. This day now is observed to "give thanks" for not only the bounty of the harvest, but to pause and be thankful for all our blessings. It is a National holiday on which all government offices and banks are closed, as (voluntarily) are many businesses. Though a Christian holiday, since the Pilgrims were Christian, it is generally observed by most families and individuals who gather for a big meal and, modernly, often spend the afternoon watching Thanksgiving Day football games -- most observations these days being more about eating and gathering with friends and family for food and fun that about solemnly giving thanks.
The turkey comes into it because those early Pilgrims are said to have included roasted wild turkey (along with venison, fish and other wild game meats) in their menu.

etholl
Nov 04 2010, 03:11 AM
Well keep saving, didnt it take 600 million for farm 6 and all its expansions?

etholl
Nov 04 2010, 03:14 AM
In fact, seven nations of the world have officially declared Thanksgiving Days: Brazil, Canada, Japan, Korea, Switzerland, Argentina, and the United States. And, while these seven nations have official days of thanksgiving, many countries have unofficial festivals of thanksgiving that are held throughout the year. In Asian countries such as India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Japan, harvest festivals have been taking place for centuries.

Indeed, people from various cultures all over the world celebrate the communal gathering of a good crop. These various harvest festivals are observed with different names and in different seasons, with each region embracing its unique customs and traditions to celebrate the occasion. Though the mode of celebration may differ from one culture to another, prayer, parades, and feasts are common with shared feelings of gratitude, harmony, and peace.

MOD EDIT: removed link :)

Mrs Mags
Nov 04 2010, 05:59 AM
Well keep saving, didnt it take 600 million for farm 6 and all its expansions?

These are the prices that were charged for Farm 6 :)
12x12 Farm: 6,000,000
14x14 Upgrade: 3,000,000
16x16 Upgrade: 4,000,000
18x18 Upgrade: 5,000,000
20x20 Upgrade: 100,000,000
22x22 Upgrade: 200,000,000
24x24 Upgrade: 300,000,000

Henry Tanner
Nov 04 2010, 06:52 AM
Hi I cannot see for one moment that farm 7 will be an all farmcash...........lol lets see we had one farm to start farmtown then 2 then 3 then 4 then 5 then 6 and out of all of them how many was just farmcash none. We all had the option to buy it with coins or cash but never was any of the others farms strickly a cash purchash. So I wouldnt worry about a farm thats all farmcash.I am just waiting for the farm 7 and the new items for the new levels

1fritz
Nov 04 2010, 07:16 AM

WOW! your farms are great! I wouldn't change the garage. Amazing.

SunnyD
Nov 04 2010, 11:45 AM
WOW! your farms are great! I wouldn't change the garage. Amazing.

your so nice fritz thank you so much for letting me know i should keep it up ... i am adding some cars to it to change up the appearance a bit.....i didn't originate the idea just changed it a bit and i did ask the guy that had one on his farm if i can do one like it and he was good enough to say yes and he came and saw i made mine different.... i try to ask before i do something like that i feel that is only fair.....

SunnyD
Nov 04 2010, 03:23 PM
Thanksgiving has arrived in FarmTown check out the new gifts and there is a Thanksgiving tab in the store now...

Taz D
Nov 04 2010, 03:28 PM
Thanksgiving has arrived in FarmTown check out the new gifts and there is a Thanksgiving tab in the store now...
I hope the white fences work better than the black ones for Halloween.:D

SunnyD
Nov 04 2010, 03:51 PM
I hope the white fences work better than the black ones for Halloween.:D

the fences are beautiful all this stuff is really great... way way better than last year my neighbor has hers all set up it is gorgeous. Fantastic job Dev's way more than i expected and man this really is making me die for christmas to come out with these fences i am really looking forward to christmas decorated fences wow fantastic.....

Jedidiah
Nov 04 2010, 03:57 PM
Thanksgiving stuff ....Great.....only....when I buy them from the store and place them on my farm, they vanish into thin air. Thats not what I'm paying for :(

I would like to buy the Thanksgiving house, but I wait for a while.........

Mrs Mags
Nov 04 2010, 04:00 PM
Really love the Thanksgiving Fence and Arch...Nice one guys..:):):)

Farmer_Susan
Nov 04 2010, 04:05 PM
Really love the Thanksgiving Fence and Arch...Nice one guys..:):):)

Well, heck! I haven't seen those yet. Was coming here to comment on how nice the new autumn trees are - much softer and more realistic looking than the old ones. Ok, gotta go see what else I missed!

SandiOne
Nov 04 2010, 04:06 PM
Love the Thanksgiving things too. Had the problem after placing new stuff it disappeared very briefly but reloaded game and it came back. Thanks for all you do :)

TraceyMush
Nov 04 2010, 04:30 PM
Great new autumn trees! Just lovely! Love all the updates!

THANKS for the awesome free game!!

gffarmer
Nov 04 2010, 05:05 PM
Really like the thanksgiving things! Thank you!!!

HelenJS22
Nov 04 2010, 05:20 PM
I couldn't disagree with this post more. I realize most countries may not know, or even care, about Thanksgiving. But, Farm Town is a game that is based in the U.S. And, if that means recognizing U.S. holidays, so be it. I'm against eliminating one of our most cherished holidays in this game, simply because other countries may not care about it.

always thought thanks giving was something to do with turkeys until one of my US neighbours enlightened me last year. Nobody else in the world knows or really cares about thanks giving. Lets keep the specialty things more international. We are already in the throws of Christmas down here so bring it on.

SHOCK, HORROR - I'm agreeing with Scott :eek: The US Thanksgiving should be respected, and what's more it's a pity more countries don't recognise such a day in a similar way. If by 'down here' you mean Australia ..... I'm Australian and Christmas is still seven weeks away; the true meaning of it has been commercialised almost to death, and there are those of us who are anything but 'in the throes' of Christmas already.

Now, since Aussies don't have a use for the official Thanksgiving items, please BRING ON OUR CRICKET PITCH for the summer ;)

Penelope Fielding
Nov 04 2010, 05:33 PM
Waiting breathlessly for the new release AND farm 7. Hmmm wonder if I can make this on pure farm sans utilities - - I doubt it! lol :)

DanR
Nov 04 2010, 06:07 PM
always thought thanks giving was something to do with turkeys until one of my US neighbours enlightened me last year. Nobody else in the world knows or really cares about thanks giving

Canada has one to Celebrate the Harvest second Monday in October. The USA one is celebrated for superstitious reasons.

Really like the thanksgiving things! Thank you!!!

Would of been nice to have this out 2.5 weeks ago for Thanksgiving. :)

DARLENEW
Nov 04 2010, 06:09 PM
Love the thanksgiving house and fences, and of course, all of the trees.....fantastic, devs!!! Can't wait for more levels and 7th farm......you are wonderful, devs!!!:):):)

Tony D
Nov 04 2010, 06:09 PM
Love the thanksgiving house and fences, and of course, all of the trees.....fantastic, devs!!! Can't wait for more levels and 7th farm......you are wonderful, devs!!!:):):)Hi Dee Dub *waves*

Audrey M
Nov 04 2010, 06:22 PM
Yippee, I can give up housework altogether now... LOL. I love this game! Looking forward to the new farm(s).

SueW170
Nov 04 2010, 06:34 PM
Well, since I don't subscribe to video rentals (seldom watch movies, very seldom), join book of the month type "clubs," or need to purchase any of the other items offered, nor want to get quotes on auto insurance being quite satisfied with my long-time carrier or take surveys which ask for my address etc. -- the only offer I choose to occasionally do is the Ap of the Day if it's merely a game which I can then delete. That said, I have my own approach to FT Cash. I save some of my change when I come back from doing weekly errands and then deposit it at my bank when enough accumulates. That's my entertainment fund. I don't go to movies, concerts, buy DVD's or CD's and rarely go out to dinner (brunch once a month or so). So every 3 or 4 months, I buy $10 or $20 FT Cash if there are FT Cash items on my "wish list." .... Since this is a just-for-fun activity, I don't feel any pressure to have every facility or other cash item or to upgrade the size of my virtual farms "right now." So, this approach works out fine for me.

For all those who are crying about FC...There are enough ways to get it that it shouldn't be a problem. You may have to use your head and/or work. In the "earn cash and coin" page there are plenty of opportunities that can be used. Are you going to buy someone a birthday present or a Christmas gift? How about a magazine subscription? I was going to buy some work shoes and noted I could get them here. Great shoes, a lot of FC! You can always sacrifice some of your valuable time and do the many surveys. You can get just about all the FC you need and be spending your real money on items you need and will buy anyway. Might as well put a little thought into it and use this option. The only criticism I have is Slashkey needs to do a little more marketing and get more opportunities in there. You may have to buy some FC, but probably not unless you are obsessive and have to buy that tool or facility RIGHT NOW!!

SueW170
Nov 04 2010, 06:42 PM
And for those of us of Native American Indian heritage, celebrating and being grateful for the bounty of the land is still very much a part of this season of the year, though "giving thanks" is not limited to any specific day, but a way we feel. N/A on my dad/s side of the family.

SueW170
Nov 04 2010, 06:53 PM
Canada has one to Celebrate the Harvest second Monday in October. The USA one is celebrated for superstitious reasons.

Would of been nice to have this out 2.5 weeks ago for Thanksgiving. :)
Agree that it would have been nice if these items had come out earlier. Since there are players throughout the world, I also agree that it would be appropriate for Slashkey to recognize the special days of other countries and cultures.
Re the "superstitious reasons," not quite sure what you mean. But, for sure, history has gotten bent a bit out of shape in the popular legend of the "first Thanksgiving."
And c'mon, Slashkey, those Pilgrim figures, but not one American Indian. Even real histories written at the time, document the fact that among those feasting and celebrating the season were members of the American Indian tribes whose villages were near the pilgrim's little settlement.

thefish36
Nov 04 2010, 07:11 PM
New Thanksgiving Items!!

chookie 63
Nov 04 2010, 08:25 PM
I love playing Farm town great work guys .....can't wait for farm 7 and what ever else you have coming up

xxcharliebxx
Nov 04 2010, 08:31 PM
Love the new thanksgiving items, i do think the devs need a lesson in spelling tho as its Autumn Tree not Atumn Tree :p LMAO! :) Can't wait for new levels and farm 7 tho

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 04 2010, 08:32 PM
Love the new thanksgiving items, i do think the devs need a lesson in spelling tho as its Autumn Tree not Atumn Tree :p LMAO! :) Can't wait for new levels and farm 7 tho

We've already reported that..they'll fix it when they do the new release lol.

xxcharliebxx
Nov 04 2010, 08:35 PM
We've already reported that..they'll fix it when they do the new release lol.

LOL i didnt see it mentioned as i was reading through, my bad :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 04 2010, 08:35 PM
LOL i didnt see it mentioned as i was reading through, my bad :)

Oh we only discussed it in feedback, they haven't said it in the first post :)