PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- October 22nd, 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

1fritz
Nov 04 2010, 09:47 PM
Very nice job on the Thanksgiving items. The fences and arch especially nice a great addition. The Thanksgiving house also great. (if I had farm 7 I would have a place to put it..LOL):) Thanks again for the great upgrades to a wonderful game.:D

shirl the pearl
Nov 04 2010, 10:54 PM
Where do I get coconuts from for the coconut oil ?
I cant find a coconut tree!!!

rcangel1983
Nov 04 2010, 11:09 PM
Where do I get coconuts from for the coconut oil ?
I cant find a coconut tree!!!

They are gifts. Ask your friends to send them to you. :)

shirleyann195@hotmail.com
Nov 04 2010, 11:57 PM
It is lovely i have all the buildings.Hope the levels are going to go up.would love to see a toy shop.that we could make the toys

earlgray
Nov 05 2010, 12:22 AM
I bought a cornucopia, which immediately disappeared. Thought maybe it was a fluke, bought another, also disappeared. So did my "atumn tree" (PLEASE correct the spelling - it should by autumn) that I was given as a gift. Cleared the cache, tried another browser, still not there. Frustrated, but at least it wasn't something expensive.

Follow-up: after trying yet once again, it appears that I wasn't charged for the disappearing cornucopias. However I would like my tree back!!!

SunnyD
Nov 05 2010, 01:03 AM
I bought a cornucopia, which immediately disappeared. Thought maybe it was a fluke, bought another, also disappeared. So did my "atumn tree" (PLEASE correct the spelling - it should by autumn) that I was given as a gift. Cleared the cache, tried another browser, still not there. Frustrated, but at least it wasn't something expensive.

Follow-up: after trying yet once again, it appears that I wasn't charged for the disappearing cornucopias. However I would like my tree back!!!

Uh oh the Farm Town bandits also stole the left half of the only two farms of mine that have Thanksgiving items on....... any one have any idea what is going on here???

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=13502&pictureid=36874

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=13502&pictureid=36870

earlgray
Nov 05 2010, 01:15 AM
Uh oh the Farm Town bandits also stole the left half of the only two farms of mine that have Thanksgiving items on....... any one have any idea what is going on here???

Yikes! That's worse than a couple of vanishing cornucopias! However your farms are all there when I look at them, so I guess it was a temporary glitch for you.

Royalbend
Nov 05 2010, 01:17 AM
How do I use the Cinnamon Logs in my Essential Oils Facility. I do not have any problems using the other ingredients. I presently have 212 Cinnamon logs in my storage and when I try to make cinnamon essential oil a message says "you need one more bundle of cinnamon to make essential oil". Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

amberdh
Nov 05 2010, 01:27 AM
How do I use the Cinnamon Logs in my Essential Oils Facility. I do not have any problems using the other ingredients. I presently have 212 Cinnamon logs in my storage and when I try to make cinnamon essential oil a message says "you need one more bundle of cinnamon to make essential oil". Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

Hello. before adding the Cinnamon trees to anything you first have to produce them into 'bundles' using the cinnamon factory.

SunnyD
Nov 05 2010, 02:09 AM
Yikes! That's worse than a couple of vanishing cornucopias! However your farms are all there when I look at them, so I guess it was a temporary glitch for you.

yup they finally appear normal to me..... was freaky though only farms doing that have Thanksgiving stuff on them and on the sides that vanished lol but not just the TG stuff half the dang farms lol too freaky!

gerigp1
Nov 05 2010, 07:59 AM
It is more than cute--these farms are stunning! Can you really store your equipment? Don't do a thing--you have worked very hard and it shows.

Mrs Mags
Nov 05 2010, 08:05 AM
yup they finally appear normal to me..... was freaky though only farms doing that have Thanksgiving stuff on them and on the sides that vanished lol but not just the TG stuff half the dang farms lol too freaky!

Yep!! happened to me too..really freaky...:eek:

SunnyD
Nov 05 2010, 08:17 AM
my neighbor has purchased two of the TG houses only to have them vanish on her, she is going to clean her cache and get back to me on this.......if not working i will get her id and give it you you guys so someone else can check i did and i don't see it.. i can see mine now...

earlgray
Nov 05 2010, 09:02 AM

I agree that was too freaky to look like a coincidence! On the other hand, I still cannot buy ANY of the Thanksgiving items - they vanish as soon as the avatar gets there to place them. I am not charged for them, so that at least is good. But I'm not going to try placing any of my TG gift items until I know purchasing TG items works for me, otherwise I think I will lose them. Devs, hope you're working to solve this one, please!

SunnyD
Nov 05 2010, 09:10 AM
I agree that was too freaky to look like a coincidence! On the other hand, I still cannot buy ANY of the Thanksgiving items - they vanish as soon as the avatar gets there to place them. I am not charged for them, so that at least is good. But I'm not going to try placing any of my TG gift items until I know purchasing TG items works for me, otherwise I think I will lose them. Devs, hope you're working to solve this one, please!

See Karen and I are not alone in this lol lol I think I copied & pasted the directions in a message to her in FB
she went to work and is going to clear her cache and see if that helps first...

Mrs Mags
Nov 05 2010, 09:53 AM
See Karen and I are not alone in this lol lol I think I copied & pasted the directions in a message to her in FB
she went to work and is going to clear her cache and see if that helps first...

I cleared my cache..and everything was back to normal...:)

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 05 2010, 09:54 AM

Good to know :)

Mrs Mags
Nov 05 2010, 09:56 AM
Ok..love the new Thanksgiving stuff...but...

Altogether now...(To the tune of * How much is that doggie in the window*)

♬♬ Oh where ♪♩♫♪ ♪♩♫♪ Oh where..♪♩♫♪ is Farm 7...

♪♩♫♪ Oh where, ♪♩♫♪ Oh where can it be..♪♩♫♪.....:D:D:D

Reta J
Nov 05 2010, 10:10 AM

Yep, Happened to me last night too! Then just now when I went back in to place a couple of Autumn Trees lol

I did the same both times, left, cleared my cache and went back in to find all was back in place again lol

It's just really weird that everything on that side of the farm disappears, but really glad it's not just me!

Mrs Mags
Nov 05 2010, 10:17 AM
Yep, Happened to me last night too! Then just now when I went back in to place a couple of Autumn Trees lol

I did the same both times, left, cleared my cache and went back in to find all was back in place again lol

It's just really weird that everything on that side of the farm disappears, but really glad it's not just me!

That's what I love about this Forum...it does take the stress out of it, when you come here and find others having the same problem, that's for sure..

SunnyD
Nov 05 2010, 10:24 AM
oh i cleared my cache also seems that helps most times...... but still my big TG table is not showing up and i purchased that last year......maybe it will reappear later today never know......

she111
Nov 05 2010, 10:33 AM
Thank you, I'm glad I finally know. I was hoping I could buy one without real cash. :)

SunnyD
Nov 05 2010, 12:56 PM
It is more than cute--these farms are stunning! Can you really store your equipment? Don't do a thing--you have worked very hard and it shows.

thank you so much gerigp.. yes you can store your equipment you only need one seeder etc... and you can use them from your tool menu bar now..... and they will work on all your farms...... really cool eh??? oh the truck with the chainsaw for trees looks like a chain saw some people didn't realize that....

Taz D
Nov 05 2010, 02:12 PM
I too had half my farm 2 disappear and I had a Thanksgiving house sitting on it. Cleared cache and macromedia file and it came back.
Seems the Thanksgiving stuff is freakier than the Halloween stuff was.:eek:

msuszy
Nov 05 2010, 02:44 PM
i was just wondering if they were going to be anymore levels as im at 133 now with 24 fc i was starting to panic as i have to save up for the facilaties i want as i cant afford to buy fc tks ft keep up the good work xx

Tony D
Nov 05 2010, 02:47 PM
i was just wondering if they were going to be anymore levels as im at 133 now with 24 fc i was starting to panic as i have to save up for the facilaties i want as i cant afford to buy fc tks ft keep up the good work xxHi, there will be more levels and a 7th farm in the next release. Sorry we don't know when the release date is ... soon I hope :)

Abbybabygurl
Nov 05 2010, 03:22 PM
Hi, there will be more levels and a 7th farm in the next release. Sorry we don't know when the release date is ... soon I hope :)

i had thought the releasse was already there as there are now thanksgiving things not halloween but im assumeing those are just the thanksgiving things or the old thanksgiving items?

Texas Belle
Nov 05 2010, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=DanR;4107706]Canada has one to Celebrate the Harvest second Monday in October. The USA one is celebrated for superstitious reasons.

Never knew that the USA one was for superstitious reasons. Would you care to enlighten those of us that have that day to give thanks to GOD for food, family and friends. I know Canada try to copy the USA on everything and then the reason for just celebrating the harvest.... how about giving thanks to GOD for everything that has come your way during the year?
Lets not insult one another here, every country has their customs and their days to celebrate this or that, I am Cuban I don't celebrate my country's holidays anymore, not that I have forgotten them but I am in the USA now and an American Citizen and my heart is here and I do give thanks to God that day for letting me free of speech and have liberty to say what i want. You want things from your country go to the suggestion box and write it down, I am sure if enough of you ask for it you will get it.

Texas Belle
Nov 05 2010, 03:52 PM
oh i cleared my cache also seems that helps most times...... but still my big TG table is not showing up and i purchased that last year......maybe it will reappear later today never know......

Sunny I could not find anything on my storage from TG of last year, and I know I kept some on the things on storage, but the new ones are so cute that I decided to just start fresh, lol
The TG house just goes perfect with the facilities, looks like another restaurant, shame we can't serve anything on it. The pilgrims are adorable and the fence is great, such detail... thanks guys and dolls....

Tony D
Nov 05 2010, 03:56 PM
i had thought the releasse was already there as there are now thanksgiving things not halloween but im assumeing those are just the thanksgiving things or the old thanksgiving items?Hi, there are new (and old) Thanksgiving items that came out the other day but that was not the new release, don't know what to call it really :D

mischellesteelersfan
Nov 05 2010, 04:00 PM
Hi, there are new (and old) Thanksgiving items that came out the other day but that was not the new release, don't know what to call it really :D

lol a teaser:D

jonettajtaylor
Nov 05 2010, 04:01 PM
I bought a couple of Thanksgiving Arches as well as fence that disappeared. All of my options are on, cleared my cache, tried 3 different browsers and they still do not show up.

SunnyD
Nov 05 2010, 04:22 PM
Sunny I could not find anything on my storage from TG of last year, and I know I kept some on the things on storage, but the new ones are so cute that I decided to just start fresh, lol
The TG house just goes perfect with the facilities, looks like another restaurant, shame we can't serve anything on it. The pilgrims are adorable and the fence is great, such detail... thanks guys and dolls....

oh i had saved my stuff not all of it but some.... and i had that table and placed it there.. had to move it twice after i got the house and i put up the fence so i do know i had it and I didn't mistakenly think i had saved it and accidentally deleted it or forgotten that i had sold it.....

Starbound
Nov 05 2010, 04:23 PM
lol a teaser:D

I call it a candid oversight on part of Farmtown, since the Canadian Thanksgiving (in October) was completely overlooked. Sorry you missed another opportunity to get some of my money. :) Ok, ok, I got an idea!! How about a "Sell All" button in the "Non Ingredients" option???
That would surely make up for it.

Star

SunnyD
Nov 05 2010, 04:47 PM
I call it a candid oversight on part of Farmtown, since the Canadian Thanksgiving (in October) was completely overlooked. Sorry you missed another opportunity to get some of my money. :) Ok, ok, I got an idea!! How about a "Sell All" button in the "Non Ingredients" option???
That would surely make up for it.

Star

not exactly though .... we did have things from last year at our disposal since we were given the new opportunity right after thanks giving of being able to store our holiday items and other things right after thanksgiving..... just that you joined this game after that time period... so sorry your country is missing out for sure...... I would hate that also if I had deleted or sold my stuff from last year for sure.........though we didn't know we were getting the storage option until right after Christmas I believe though I am not sure of that time line.. take this given opportunity to purchase yours for display of your countries holidays next year..... i hope you do

SunnyD
Nov 05 2010, 04:59 PM
oh shoot lol I just clicked to display decorations and apparently that large TG table is listed under decorations because for the first time today i can see it... so some of them may be listed that way if you are missing anything from the TG menu include that in what you have viewable lol too funny

earlgray
Nov 05 2010, 05:19 PM
I tried to send the Thanksgiving mailbox to my neighbors today and got a message that "this gift is locked." Why on earth would that be the case? I am at the highest level; don't know what's going on with these Thanksgiving items. There seem to be a lot of glitches.

SunnyD
Nov 05 2010, 05:41 PM
I tried to send the Thanksgiving mailbox to my neighbors today and got a message that "this gift is locked." Why on earth would that be the case? I am at the highest level; don't know what's going on with these Thanksgiving items. There seem to be a lot of glitches.

i had that yesterday i just refreshed the send gifts page and it worked.. i'm guessing that they had that up until the TG items were totally rolled out..... just guessing mind you......

sister515
Nov 05 2010, 05:53 PM
i would like to see the smaller oil refinery BUT i am not sure what the "switch view in the item menu" means. i can only find the big refinery.. i really need more fuel as it takes FOREVER to plant :( Thanks for any help :)

Mrs Mags
Nov 05 2010, 06:34 PM
i would like to see the smaller oil refinery BUT i am not sure what the "switch view in the item menu" means. i can only find the big refinery.. i really need more fuel as it takes FOREVER to plant :( Thanks for any help :)

Hi. The *Switch View* is the option to change to the smaller version of the Oil Refinery. :) I'm not sure what you mean, by "It takes forever to plant" I have an Oil Well on all 6 of my Farms...I collect the crude oil each morning and add it to the Oil refinery..its really helps..:)

Georgia Peach12
Nov 05 2010, 09:17 PM
I'm still not seeing the Thanksgiving gifts on the gift page,I refreshed the page,but it's still not there..but,thanks for the update.still waiting to get the 7th farm..and more levels...it will be like Christmas in November!!

Sunshine in CA
Nov 05 2010, 09:46 PM
Glad you added the option to sell to other farmers. Only thing I wonder, is how to you selectivly sell primary products? I don't want to sell every thing, just a specific item. Also, would be really nice to be able to buy such things as jam or honey!

knighta
Nov 05 2010, 09:48 PM

This is nothing new. Way back when trees were locked so we couldn't buy them.

watson45804
Nov 05 2010, 10:20 PM
:(I have been having issues with being timed out. I have followed all instructions on clearing cookies and clearing this website. with no help at all. I can not even work any of my friends farms.. This really stinks. Any help would be appreciated!

BrookeB
Nov 05 2010, 10:54 PM
Glad you added the option to sell to other farmers. Only thing I wonder, is how to you selectivly sell primary products? I don't want to sell every thing, just a specific item. Also, would be really nice to be able to buy such things as jam or honey!

Yes, you can select the item you want to sell, the quantity, and the price. Here is the thread that explains the process...
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4091778#post4091778

earlgray
Nov 05 2010, 11:08 PM
i had that yesterday i just refreshed the send gifts page and it worked.. i'm guessing that they had that up until the TG items were totally rolled out..... just guessing mind you......

Thanks, it worked tonight - the 2nd time I went to the gifts page. The first time there weren't any Thanksgiving items shown at all! Now if I could just buy some Thanksgiving items - they still disappear when I try to buy them. I don't dare try to place any of my Thanksgiving gifts because I'm sure they will disappear too, like my autumn tree did last night. I've never had trouble like this with Farm Town before (lucky me, I guess - LOL).

tdukes58
Nov 06 2010, 12:18 AM
Do you think it's possible that you could add selling the harvests from the trees that is not used from your farm. I have 2 types of trees that I don't use the harvest from but my neighbors do. :D

Ilsewdm
Nov 06 2010, 01:10 AM
How about a "Sell All" button in the "Non Ingredients" option???

Star
I totally agree and wish we did have that option. It takes me at least 30 minutes twice a day to sell all my "non-ingredients" and I HATE it when I accidentally hit the wrong box and sell something I need.

Kath-H
Nov 06 2010, 04:54 AM
I lost half a farm too, and I have no thanksgiving stuff (in the UK). Came back when I restarted my browser.

Granny Smith 02
Nov 06 2010, 05:10 AM
Thank you, Raul. Such excellent upgrades to an already awesome game! I'm waiting on pins & needles for farm 7! I can't ever seem to get enough stuff planted with six farms! Love all the new crops & trees....everything but the Halloween stuff, but then I'm an old grumpy bear and don't like Halloween. I see that yesterday the Halloween items were replaced with Thanksgiving...HOORAY!!

Thanks again!
Granny & friends

StoneFace
Nov 06 2010, 07:27 AM
I totally agree and wish we did have that option. It takes me at least 30 minutes twice a day to sell all my "non-ingredients" and I HATE it when I accidentally hit the wrong box and sell something I need.

1- go to market
2- select sell gifts and products
3- click on any product
4- then go to the upper right, click on the box, scroll to the last item "Non-Ingredients", and your products will then ONLY show the non-ingredients.
5- start click/sell without fear of selling anything that can still be used to produce.

I love this feature, especially after I once accidentally sold $20mill of Red Wine Barrels inventory.

I sell all the non-ingredients except bricks and goat cheese. Some how I feel those will be used in a facility in the future.

(any body want millions worth of goat cheese? lol)

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=0)
Ranchito Knotso Grande (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=1)
Costaplenty Plantation (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=2)
More Wine, Less Whine (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=3)
Plantopia (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=4)
Fattoria Sesto (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=5)

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=0)
Garden of Weed’n (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=1)
Dave’s Ja Vu (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=2)
Nopicky-Nomoney (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=3)
Iowna Lotaland (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=4)
Wurthdawait (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=5)

GrannyParker
Nov 06 2010, 09:00 AM
No kidding! I am almost to 135 so I wouldn't be the bit surprised that come Monday, we will have ten more levels and the 7th farm!

pelicn
Nov 06 2010, 09:15 AM
Still having issues with the Thanksgiving items disappearing. Is anyone else? I've cleared cache, restarted browser etc,

Starbound
Nov 06 2010, 11:11 AM
not exactly though .... we did have things from last year at our disposal since we were given the new opportunity right after thanks giving of being able to store our holiday items and other things right after thanksgiving..... just that you joined this game after that time period... so sorry your country is missing out for sure...... I would hate that also if I had deleted or sold my stuff from last year for sure.........though we didn't know we were getting the storage option until right after Christmas I believe though I am not sure of that time line.. take this given opportunity to purchase yours for display of your countries holidays next year..... i hope you do

The fact is, that I sell all seasonal items right after is done. It takes long enough to load all the items in storage as it is. At level 135 and owning all facilities, I not even able to keep my Non Ingredients as I get warnings that I have to sell or loose them. Every day I have to sell immediately after I collect all facilities.

I would think that enough Canadians play the game to consider starting the Thanksgiving options just a little earlier. Seriously, how many Canadians spend "real" cash in the game? Thanks, but I am not satisfied with just last year's stuff eh?

Ok, 'nuff ranting.
Just a little shake for developer to think about, after all, this is about money.

Starbound

chiquitathechihuahua
Nov 06 2010, 11:44 AM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. 7 trees: Cedar, Star, Pecan, Tamarind, Pistachios, Papaya and Autum Tree.

2. 9 crops: Green Beans, Cantaloupe, Spinach, Cauliflower, Rhubarb, Oregano, Lavender, Sesame Seeds and Parsley.

3. 17 new Halloween items (Coins): These were launched a few days ago.

4. New, smaller version of the Oil Refinery: Use the 'Switch View' option from the item menu.

5. Extended Tool Box: The tool box vertical bar now have a green arrow on top, when you click on it, it will expand and display every single tool in the game, including the Mobile Sprinkler, Chainsaw, Boat, Manure Spreader and all Seeders. A few observations:

- If you have a tool on the current farm or on the item storage you can access it from the expanded tool box as well.

- If you have a tool on storage, you can also use the less powerfull version of that tool even if you don't own it, for example, if you own a 3x3 Seeder, you can also use the 2x2 and 2x1 Seeders.

- When you launch the Manure Spreader from the extended tool box, you'll have to click anywhere on the farm to fertilize it, you'll see a quick animation when you do this. You can also navigate to another farm and continue fertilizing. In a few days, this will also be the behaivor when fertilizing farms using the Manure Spreader tool located on a farm.

6. 4x4 Seeder, 4x4 Harvester and 4x4 Plower (FC): Plant 16 fields at a time.

7. Inter-User Trading of Primary Products: When you click on the Avatar of another user (where all hire options are) there is a new option named 'Sell Products To' will allow you to sell your PRIMARY products to other users that need them for their facilities.

- Primary Products are products comming directly from plants (fruits and vegetables), from animals, flowers or fish.
- The purchaser don't need to be a friend or a neighbour of the seller, this option can be used everywhere, including the market.
- Every user can purchase as much as 500 products from other users every 12 hours. Notice this is almost a full farm of crops, or many fish or animals products that you can buy without having to work for them wasting space and time.
- The Total Price that the seller and purchaser see may be different, as purchaser is always paying the price for a Medium Box, even if seller is selling a combination of large and medium boxes. The difference comes from the Mayor, so the the seller don't lose money either.
- The Seller can sell the products:

1. 10% below market price: If seller wants to give a friend a break even at his expense

2. At market price: this will be the same as selling the products to the mayor, but it may be convenient sometimes when users want to sell products to each other

3. 10-50% above market price: In this case the seller is making a profit, but it may still be a good deal for purchasers if they put those products to good use on their facilities

8. Petrochemical Plant (Coins): Allows you to produce Ethanol. It requires Petrochemical Barrels as input, which you can produce in the Oil refinery. In the future this plant will also produce nylon, plastics and other products.

9. Essential Oils Plant (Coins): Allows you to produce Essential Oils.

Pink Roses Essential Oil -> notice that pink roses are the ones needed, not red or white roses.
Iris Essential Oil
Violet Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil
Peach Essential Oil
Vanilla Essential Oil
Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cedar Essential Oil -> you need Cedar Log Piles to produce this essential oil, which you get by chopping cedar trees.

10. Perfume Factory (FC): Allows you to produce perfumes out of the Ethanol, Coconut Oil and a combination of Essential Oils. You can produce Coconut Oil in the Oil Factory.

Baby Perfume
Body Splash
Eau de Toilette
Cologne
Eau de Parfum
Perfume

11. Chinese Restaurant (FC): Allows you to produce Chinese Food. You can produce Soy Sause in the Food Preserve Factory. You can produce Chinese Noodles in the Pasta Factory.

Egg Rolls
Fried Rice
Sesame Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
Chicken Chow Mein
Fortune Cookies

12. Item Storage bug corrected: A very small % of users were losing items when adding them to the storage even when they had enough capacity, this has been corrected.

**More levels and farm 7 on the next release**

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

where do I go to get the heart tree? I saw it while helping neighbors and I can't find it in the store.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Nov 06 2010, 11:46 AM
where do I go to get the heart tree? I saw it while helping neighbors and I can't find it in the store.

its a seasonal item for valentines day. i dont think its available anymore

StoneFace
Nov 06 2010, 03:17 PM
No kidding! I am almost to 135 so I wouldn't be the bit surprised that come Monday, we will have ten more levels and the 7th farm!

Well, I think we will get to level 150 ...... a 7th farm ..... and hopefully more goodies to buy.

I have over $1.5 Billion at each set of farms, burning a hole in my farmer jeans....lol

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=0)
Ranchito Knotso Grande (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=1)
Costaplenty Plantation (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=2)
More Wine, Less Whine (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=3)
Fattoria Sesto (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992_ix=5)

Weed-em N-Reap Acres (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=0)
Garden of Weed’n (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
Nopicky-Nomoney (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000668536743
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

feistyfarmergirl76
Nov 06 2010, 03:42 PM
Well, I think we will get to level 150 ...... a 7th farm ..... and hopefully more goodies to buy.

I have over $1.5 Billion at each set of farms, burning a hole in my farmer jeans....lol

$1.5 Billion at each set of farms????:eek: Holy kee-rap Stoneface, you are a farming machine!

Peace,
Heidi

jewelsbyrose@aol.com
Nov 06 2010, 06:06 PM
I love farmtown and i love it when we get new products to work with, but however, i think that we should be able to use our farmtown coins to purchse facitilies in stead of so much farm cash.

Old Goat
Nov 06 2010, 07:20 PM
...... waiting.......waiting....waiting.... :D

croyoangel
Nov 06 2010, 10:01 PM

pouting, no update yet. sniff sniff sniff.....i need my update fix. lol

InePine
Nov 06 2010, 10:13 PM
Agreed! I was soooo sure there was going to be an update this weekend! :D

Tiffanytwirl
Nov 07 2010, 12:08 AM
I am bummed. I spent alot of coin purchasing the petrochemical plant not realizing I must have the oil refinery-farm cash that I don't have. Unfortunately there is no way to know what a facility needs BEFORE you purchase it unless you happen to see it here on the forum. Seems like it would help to be able to click on the purchase and see what it needs before you choose to buy. Now I have this factory in my storage since I have no way to make it work.

driverdave
Nov 07 2010, 12:12 AM
I am bummed. I spent alot of coin purchasing the petrochemical plant not realizing I must have the oil refinery-farm cash that I don't have. Unfortunately there is no way to know what a facility needs BEFORE you purchase it unless you happen to see it here on the forum. Seems like it would help to be able to click on the purchase and see what it needs before you choose to buy. Now I have this factory in my storage since I have no way to make it work.

so where do you get your fuel for farming .........if u place the oil pumps (coin) and save up for the oil refinery (f/c) ...... the oil refinery and the manure spreader are the 2 things that i would rank at the top of the list to advise people to have .......and had you looked at the question mark in the facilitys tab in the store it would have told you that u needed petrochem drums

Tony D
Nov 07 2010, 12:30 AM
I am bummed. I spent alot of coin purchasing the petrochemical plant not realizing I must have the oil refinery-farm cash that I don't have. Unfortunately there is no way to know what a facility needs BEFORE you purchase it unless you happen to see it here on the forum. Seems like it would help to be able to click on the purchase and see what it needs before you choose to buy. Now I have this factory in my storage since I have no way to make it work.Hi, when you go to the store to purchase an item (such as the Petrolchemical plant) there is a green box in the right hand corner if you click on it, it explains what the items does and what you need.

SueW170
Nov 07 2010, 01:54 AM
The same message appeared yesterday when I tried to send one of the TG issue autumn trees to a neighbor as a gift.

SueW170
Nov 07 2010, 01:56 AM
Thanks, it worked tonight - the 2nd time I went to the gifts page. The first time there weren't any Thanksgiving items shown at all! Now if I could just buy some Thanksgiving items - they still disappear when I try to buy them. I don't dare try to place any of my Thanksgiving gifts because I'm sure they will disappear too, like my autumn tree did last night. I've never had trouble like this with Farm Town before (lucky me, I guess - LOL).
None of the TG items I bought or was gifted have disappeared when I placed them on my farms -- so far :)

SueW170
Nov 07 2010, 02:02 AM
Agree, Starbound. Since this is an internationally played game and from just the number of Canadians and Australians, English, Scots and Norwegians and others from various parts of the world here at the Forum (surely only a small percentage of all FT participants) in those countries, it seems only reasonable and logical that Slashkey provide items reflective of their cultures and holidays.

The fact is, that I sell all seasonal items right after is done. It takes long enough to load all the items in storage as it is. At level 135 and owning all facilities, I not even able to keep my Non Ingredients as I get warnings that I have to sell or loose them. Every day I have to sell immediately after I collect all facilities.

I would think that enough Canadians play the game to consider starting the Thanksgiving options just a little earlier. Seriously, how many Canadians spend "real" cash in the game? Thanks, but I am not satisfied with just last year's stuff eh?

Ok, 'nuff ranting.
Just a little shake for developer to think about, after all, this is about money.

Starbound

SueW170
Nov 07 2010, 02:10 AM
so where do you get your fuel for farming .........if u place the oil pumps (coin) and save up for the oil refinery (f/c) ...... the oil refinery and the manure spreader are the 2 things that i would rank at the top of the list to advise people to have .......and had you looked at the question mark in the facilitys tab in the store it would have told you that u needed petrochem drums
The oil rigs and refinery aren't required to get fuel for farming. We earn that by playing the game, by having FT Neighbors and by helping when we receive requests to do so (the popup during game play). True, players who have oil rigs and refineries can produce additional fuel to use and/or sell; but it isn't necessary. Nor is the manure spreader necessary even though it douse double production per plot. Personally, I chose to have the manure spreader, but not the oil rigs and refinery (may down the road some time).
And, just by the way, isn't ethanol a biofuel, not produced from crude oil, but from plants? I need to look that up....

driverdave
Nov 07 2010, 02:39 AM
The oil rigs and refinery aren't required to get fuel for farming. We earn that by playing the game, by having FT Neighbors and by helping when we receive requests to do so (the popup during game play). True, players who have oil rigs and refineries can produce additional fuel to use and/or sell; but it isn't necessary. Nor is the manure spreader necessary even though it douse double production per plot. Personally, I chose to have the manure spreader, but not the oil rigs and refinery (may down the road some time).
And, just by the way, isn't ethanol a biofuel, not produced from crude oil, but from plants? I need to look that up....

if you want to make the money to buy trhe full expansions u need the manure spreader......not to mention the ever increasing amount of wheat we need to make flour and the flow on from double yield in the facilities to allow for increased production which gives increased exp return and increased end product production sale to the markets

ScottLanter
Nov 07 2010, 02:41 AM
Has anybody else noticed that half of the Thanksgiving items are now gone? Also, my gifts aren't showing up in the gift box now. This started after the time changed a couple of hours ago.

ScottLanter
Nov 07 2010, 02:44 AM
Has anybody else noticed that half of the Thanksgiving items are now gone? Also, my gifts aren't showing up in the gift box now. This started after the time changed a couple of hours ago.

UPDATE: All Thanksgiving items are back now. Sooooo strange.

driverdave
Nov 07 2010, 02:46 AM
UPDATE: All Thanksgiving items are back now. Sooooo strange.

the timelines changed due to a crack in the space time continuum known as daylight savings so for a period of time these things ceased to exist and returned when the timeline was properly realigned ........lol

ScottLanter
Nov 07 2010, 02:51 AM
the timelines changed due to a crack in the space time continuum known as daylight savings so for a period of time these things ceased to exist and returned when the timeline was properly realigned ........lol

Haha! I must be in the middle of a fabric rip in time, then. The gift page switches back and forth between Halloween items and Thanksgiving items.

driverdave
Nov 07 2010, 02:55 AM
Haha! I must be in the middle of a fabric rip in time, then. The gift page switches back and forth between Halloween items and Thanksgiving items.

darn it ........i ran out of time fabric repair strips lolol umm we are off topic here .....hope the mods arent having withdrawal symptoms from not having an update yet lolol

ScottLanter
Nov 07 2010, 02:57 AM
darn it ........i ran out of time fabric repair strips lolol umm we are off topic here .....hope the mods arent having withdrawal symptoms from not having an update yet lolol

I was really hoping that maybe......just maybe...they were burning the midnight oil down there in Florida, and releasing a middle-of-the-night update. But, it looks like it was just a server update. Shucks!

driverdave
Nov 07 2010, 03:01 AM
I was really hoping that maybe......just maybe...they were burning the midnight oil down there in Florida, and releasing a middle-of-the-night update. But, it looks like it was just a server update. Shucks!

it is written.......

for all things there is a time and a place
be of steadfast heart and unwavering grace
do your work with a smiling face
and your rewards will all soon be in place

tinlug
Nov 07 2010, 05:09 AM
Sorry to say but unless there is some new way of getting farmcash most of these new things will just collect dust in the store. I was loyal and paid real mpney for other items in the past but no more. so unless you start giveing us some more money the game is getting very boreing

BobcatTchai
Nov 07 2010, 07:17 AM

It's been doing that for myself and several of my neighbours. Seems to have been a gremlin or two in Slashkey's works with the Thanksgiving items. Hopefully all is sorted and running smoothly for the new release proper in the next few days.

Kath-H
Nov 07 2010, 07:28 AM
I'm going to wait and see if we need fish for any new facilities at the upgrade. If not I'm selling my ponds, lakes etc - too much of a pain to fish even with the boat, and no-one ever wants to do it at the market. I wonder whose idea it was that 'not every click works' would be a fun idea????

HelenJS22
Nov 07 2010, 07:37 AM
I'm going to wait and see if we need fish for any new facilities at the upgrade. If not I'm selling my ponds, lakes etc - too much of a pain to fish even with the boat, and no-one ever wants to do it at the market. I wonder whose idea it was that 'not every click works' would be a fun idea????

I find the boat does make a huge difference for me. Some bright spark a while ago pointed out that in the real world we don't catch fish with every cast of the net/line, but that doesn't hold much water when we can milk 100+ cows with one click ... does it? :rolleyes:

speedmonkey
Nov 07 2010, 07:39 AM
I couldn't disagree with this post more. I realize most countries may not know, or even care, about Thanksgiving. But, Farm Town is a game that is based in the U.S. And, if that means recognizing U.S. holidays, so be it. I'm against eliminating one of our most cherished holidays in this game, simply because other countries may not care about it.

AMEN to that. It is wrong for anyone to ask an American based company to ignore its own holidays. :mad:

Kath-H
Nov 07 2010, 07:39 AM
No - imagine harvesting your trees, flowers, whatever - and sometimes it just doesn't work. Lots of fun :(

Kath-H
Nov 07 2010, 07:41 AM
AMEN to that. It is wrong for anyone to ask an American based company to ignore its own holidays. :mad:

I don't think anyone wants US holidays ignored - it would just be nice if other people got a look in.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Nov 07 2010, 07:45 AM
if anyone has their own holidays they want to see head over to suggestions and post in an official thread

speedmonkey
Nov 07 2010, 07:49 AM
Canada has one to Celebrate the Harvest second Monday in October. The USA one is celebrated for superstitious reasons.

How exactly is it superstitious? Last I checked gathering your family together, enjoying the bounty of food that we should be thankful to have and taking time to stop and think about the mounds of plenty we have of everything in this country is not superstition, it is called being grateful!

speedmonkey
Nov 07 2010, 08:02 AM
Me thinks the update must be coming out right now! At least I hope that is the case it has taken me 30 minutes just to get one facility filled up. Still standing around waiting for my stupid xp to finish scrolling up.

servocrow
Nov 07 2010, 08:06 AM
How exactly is it superstitious? Last I checked gathering your family together, enjoying the bounty of food that we should be thankful to have and taking time to stop and think about the mounds of plenty we have of everything in this country is not superstition, it is called being grateful!

AMEN! (oops...am I allowed to say that?)

Good grief....I do understand the Canadian POV though. Wished the Devs could find a way to work around that...Perhaps a year-round Seasonal Shop?

I mean, we have those who celebrate Father's/Mother's Day at different times too...

I just don't know what kind of load that puts on the servers......or if that just opens a can of worms. *ponders briefly*...Well...gotta go check my crops.

artisanrox
Nov 07 2010, 09:04 AM

LOL. This made my day.

Starbound
Nov 07 2010, 11:56 AM

Hi Scott:

Phew! Thanks for your input. I thought I was loosing it.
I mean, I *know* I put those Autumn trees there yesterday!! LMAO

Starbound

Jedidiah
Nov 07 2010, 11:59 AM
Hi Scott:

Phew! Thanks for your input. I thought I was loosing it.
I mean, I *know* I put those Autumn trees there yesterday!! LMAO

Starbound

Same here....not happy about it :eek:

supertrucker
Nov 07 2010, 12:01 PM

if you hitch your bass boat & trailer to the back of your SUV, drive to a lake somewhere, launch the boat, and actually put a hook in the water, do you catch something EVERY time? i didn't think so. while i personally don't like fishing (i don't have the patience for it), there's nothing wrong with the 'not every click works' method of fishing; if you want to catch all the fish at once, use a shotgun...

Starbound
Nov 07 2010, 12:02 PM
Still having issues with the Thanksgiving items disappearing. Is anyone else? I've cleared cache, restarted browser etc,

Greetings:
Yep, I traded all my gifts for Autumn trees yesterday, placed them in one of my farms, and you guessed it, gone!

knighta
Nov 07 2010, 12:08 PM

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

dlsluder
Nov 07 2010, 12:12 PM
Half of my items on my farms have been disappearing (trees, buildings, flowers). Usually if I go off the farm and return the items will appear but today it just doesn't seem to be working. Many times after crops are harvested they do not appear in my storage, and things have been very slow, harvesting and plowing. :(

cherylaz
Nov 07 2010, 12:12 PM
Thank you so much for the wonderful job you all do at slashkey, I adore the new facilities, but could really use more farm area to work with thank you for shrinking the oil refinery. I'm excited about more farms, this game rocks thank you so much amd no where near the amount of bugs some other facebook games have, Again thank you. This game makes my day!!!

cilla38
Nov 07 2010, 12:33 PM
I tee totally agree this game ROCKS and we do need more farms if only they would consider putting out 3 farms at a time like 7,8 & 9
I would be in heaven

Mrs Mags
Nov 07 2010, 12:42 PM
Half of my items on my farms have been disappearing (trees, buildings, flowers). Usually if I go off the farm and return the items will appear but today it just doesn't seem to be working. Many times after crops are harvested they do not appear in my storage, and things have been very slow, harvesting and plowing. :(

Hi. Have you tried clearing your cache.:)

ok2speak
Nov 07 2010, 01:27 PM
I am just dying for this next upgrade! I have plans for it and I am getting real antsy! I can't imagine going back to the old days when updates were far and few between. Remember when flowers were coming soon for about 6 months. Now just after 2 weeks I am all itchy.
Thank you Slashkey for keeping the game interesting and fun... too much fun, I am getting a butt the size of a farm from playing so much. Maybe I need to go work on a real farm to work some of it off. LOL
Have a great day all.:p:p

1fritz
Nov 07 2010, 02:30 PM
MIght be time to put the bed back up in Realtors office. I went back and looked in the updates section of general feed back.

Farm 4 released May 28
Farm 5 released July 16
Farm 6 released Sept 17

I'm guessing farm 7 two more weeks, hope I'm wrong. LOL.:D

Jean Lunsford
Nov 07 2010, 03:16 PM
I too am keeping a watchful eye, eagerly waiting for farm 7 (and more). :) Desparately need more land for rivers, lakes, land to grow crops, trees, sooo much. Hurry up devs, we need it yesterday. *grin* I work hard on my farm, many hours a day, help me with more space.

I too love the Thanksgiving items and can't wait to see what is new for Christmas. Any chance of giving us a snow ground for those of us who rarely see the real thing? LOL Thanks!!! Love this game!!!

charlies4ng3ls
Nov 07 2010, 03:34 PM
Jean,
If they bring back some of the same gifts - you will get your Christmas wish :)

SueW170
Nov 07 2010, 03:38 PM
How 'bout duct tape, Scott? Works for all sort of things so why not to repair the time/space fabric so you won't keep slipping between dimensions.

JAS0643
Nov 07 2010, 04:30 PM

While you are right that you do not have to have the refinery to get fuel people like me that have the flower harvester, tree shaker, fishing boat, and the trailer truck do need it. I would have to exchange all my gifts for fuel everyday if I didn't have the refinery and then I'm not sure it would be enough fuel for all my tools. I agree with the other poster if a person wants to play the game to it's fullest the spreader and refinery are at the top of the must have list. I know that a person doesn't have to have every facility or tool to play the game but a lot of us want everything in the game.

LibrarianLee
Nov 07 2010, 05:38 PM
So far, all Fridays. Darn. So much for emptying my facilities in hopes of being able to move them to their new home today. Fiddle sticks :)

sestree
Nov 07 2010, 05:41 PM
So far, all Fridays. Darn. So much for emptying my facilities in hopes of being able to move them to their new home today. Fiddle sticks :)

I did the same thing - not the facilities but the restaurants.

bugger.

With my luck any update will be mid-week where I won't have time to play :(

Lady Hawke
Nov 07 2010, 09:29 PM
On the fuel thing, are the only "helps" that count towards increasing the amount of fuel you get the ones you get the pop-ups on? So if you go thru' a visiting frenzy of your 'neighbourhood', those don't count?

SueW170
Nov 07 2010, 09:37 PM
On the fuel thing, are the only "helps" that count towards increasing the amount of fuel you get the ones you get the pop-ups on? So if you go thru' a visiting frenzy of your 'neighbourhood', those don't count?
I'm thinking it doesn't. Did that a couple months back and it didn't count in the fuel calculation.

SueW170
Nov 07 2010, 09:40 PM
Also looking forward to #7 even if mine stays 12x12 for a while since I'm stymied on design now until I build up coins for the last two enlargements of farm 5 so I can move my sawmill & furniture factory over there & be prepared when I level up and am eligible for more buildings for my town on farm 4. Not even thinking yet about finishing 6 -- that's going to be a long way off. But, hey, that's okay. Half the fun is in the planning, hmm:)

speedmonkey
Nov 08 2010, 02:49 AM
if you hitch your bass boat & trailer to the back of your SUV, drive to a lake somewhere, launch the boat, and actually put a hook in the water, do you catch something EVERY time? i didn't think so. while i personally don't like fishing (i don't have the patience for it), there's nothing wrong with the 'not every click works' method of fishing; if you want to catch all the fish at once, use a shotgun...

I personally prefer TNT, much faster and only requires one blow! :D

speedmonkey
Nov 08 2010, 02:57 AM

When you go on your visiting frenzy you have to do the little work thing that pops up when you visit each farm. I spent many an hour hoping from neighbor to neighbor raking, or watering, or whatever the little thing wanted me to do and it did increase my fuel every time. It does work and you don't have to wait for the little thing to pop up. I have noticed however that if you have worked at all of your neighbors farms that the pop up will come up and ask you to work at farms of your friends that are not your neighbors so you get that added little bit if you wait around for them. To avoid it all I strongly suggest buying the oil refinery and a few oil derricks. It is darn near impossible to keep up production without them! :)

Jennifer Michelle
Nov 08 2010, 07:13 AM
While waiting for the next release I have been farming like a madwoman. PROBLEM ... Last night, 2 complete farms full of Broccoli didn't get deposited into my inventory ... that is (fertilized) about 1800+ crops ... that means that to keep my inventory levels where I want them I am going to have to plant them again on a couple farms and hope they make it into inventory ...

Another problem ... When "Helping" out on other's production I have been having a problem the last few days where I will click to go to the next facility and the help just quits ... It has never done this before ... the only way I can stop this is to really wait about 10 seconds after the last numbers have scrolled away and then exit the facility I am in and slowly move to the next facility ... it is annoying to have to start over with a farm and have to go through all the facilities that you have helped on already ... especially when you are working a farm that has most of their facilities on one farm.

jeanieNGMsfarm
Nov 08 2010, 07:50 AM
While waiting for the next release I have been farming like a madwoman. PROBLEM ... Last night, 2 complete farms full of Broccoli didn't get deposited into my inventory ... that is (fertilized) about 1800+ crops ... that means that to keep my inventory levels where I want them I am going to have to plant them again on a couple farms and hope they make it into inventory ...

Another problem ... When "Helping" out on other's production I have been having a problem the last few days where I will click to go to the next facility and the help just quits ... It has never done this before ... the only way I can stop this is to really wait about 10 seconds after the last numbers have scrolled away and then exit the facility I am in and slowly move to the next facility ... it is annoying to have to start over with a farm and have to go through all the facilities that you have helped on already ... especially when you are working a farm that has most of their facilities on one farm.

is it possible you clicked harvest and sell on accident i have done it before lol its a common mistake.. if not have you tryed clearing you catch and reloading the game to see if they appear in storage after...

also for the facilities it just means you are trying to move to the next one too fast you need to let the exp points finish up before moving on.. if you do click to continue before its done and it dissapears again just click on a facility you didnt do and it will continue to let you work

GrannyParker
Nov 08 2010, 08:02 AM
Guess we will have to wait a little longer for the 7th farm.....enjoying the last releases from the 22nd but PLEASE,,,,,,may we have our 7th farm???

StoneFace
Nov 08 2010, 08:24 AM
Guess we will have to wait a little longer for the 7th farm.....enjoying the last releases from the 22nd but PLEASE,,,,,,may we have our 7th farm???

I would enjoy getting my 9th farm this week..... that would mean I already have the 7th and the 8th..... woo hoo.....

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

ritaj
Nov 08 2010, 08:34 AM
any clue as to when new levels and farm 7 is coming our way ???:)

Rob T
Nov 08 2010, 08:37 AM

Only the developers know the answer to that :)

blademan533
Nov 08 2010, 09:02 AM
Like everyone else just waiting for farm 7.

jesdreher
Nov 08 2010, 10:24 AM
Is it just me or do things seem to be running very slowly this morning?

caligirl62
Nov 08 2010, 10:33 AM
i totally agree and wish we did have that option. It takes me at least 30 minutes twice a day to sell all my "non-ingredients" and i hate it when i accidentally hit the wrong box and sell something i need.

awesome idea!!

caligirl62
Nov 08 2010, 10:35 AM
i love farmtown and i love it when we get new products to work with, but however, i think that we should be able to use our farmtown coins to purchse facitilies in stead of so much farm cash.

i totally agree!!

Bratuski
Nov 08 2010, 11:02 AM

We're ALL waiting!!!!!

croyoangel
Nov 08 2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsbyrose@aol.com View Post
i love farmtown and i love it when we get new products to work with, but however, i think that we should be able to use our farmtown coins to purchse facitilies in stead of so much farm cash.

i totally agree!!

i understand that not everyone has the extra cash to pay for the farm cash and some don't have the time to do the free offers or rather not do them to avoid all the spam that comes along with them.

however, when Farm Town first came out, the updates were very few and very far between. once they started doing the facilities and charging for half of the in farm cash the updates have been more frequent. have you all considered that the reason for this is that it is now a lucrative business for the developers, hence they don't have to work at another job to make ends meet, and they are now able to devote their time to making improvements to this game. and that translates to a lot more fun things for us to have and less time between updates. yes the game itself is free and you don't really need all the facilities or the extra toys they come out with that you need to pay for with farm cash. and as it has been pointed out several times, the developers have their own bills to pay and families to support, so let's not begrudge them for the things that they do charge.

Texas Belle
Nov 08 2010, 12:52 PM

Oh I love your answer. Personally I find that fishing makes a break for me between harvesting and seeding. Like supertrucker said imagine yourself going fishing, take your boat out to the lake, the gulf or anywhere, relax, throw in your line and wait. If you want crabs and lobster, go to the shore and find them on the rocky sides of the sea strip, I have the boat and I get fish sometimes 9 at a time and that is good and I get them everytime I throw in the net. Patience is a virtue not everybody has, lol

Mimikrie
Nov 08 2010, 12:54 PM
ft is so freaking slow... wondering if they are updating :D well one can dream lol

Texas Belle
Nov 08 2010, 01:00 PM

Have you cleaned your storage bin of things that you can sell? Have you not received a message telling you to sell or get rid of things that you don't need on your storage or you will loose all you harvest next?
Or you sold directly and did not storage, another one that happens very often if you are in a hurry and when the message to store or sell pops up you hit the wrong one, lol

Momma Woods
Nov 08 2010, 01:22 PM
I'm thinking it doesn't. Did that a couple months back and it didn't count in the fuel calculation.

Always works for me, When I fuel up there is a bar that shows just how many neighbors I visited THAT day. It does not carry over from day to day.

SunnyD
Nov 08 2010, 01:43 PM
yup FT is slow and getting massive time outs too ..... this used to bug me to death then i noticed that means updates are coming so....... I just wait it out and dont' seed when this is going on..... lol

SunnyD
Nov 08 2010, 01:55 PM
it has been a couple of weeks since we have the new tool bar.... do the mods here know if they are going to make it so we have our sprinkler for use when we do facilities yet? mine has only been there maybe twice i normally have to come back to the farm to be able to use it. the watering can however is always available....

Mimikrie
Nov 08 2010, 01:56 PM
so hope we are right... and hopefully before I go to bed :D lol

Rob T
Nov 08 2010, 02:00 PM
it has been a couple of weeks since we have the new tool bar.... do the mods here know if they are going to make it so we have our sprinkler for use when we do facilities yet? mine has only been there maybe twice i normally have to come back to the farm to be able to use it. the watering can however is always available....

If your sprinkler is in storage, then it can be used from the new toolbar at anytime on any farm.

Duck Duck Goose
Nov 08 2010, 02:39 PM

umm C4 works so much better:eek:

etholl
Nov 08 2010, 02:43 PM
so when everything is paid for with the fake money, and slashkey cant pay the programmers to make new stuff, and they cant pay for the servers to store the information of millions of players, and they cant pay for the electricity to run those computers or pay the employes that help us when we have questions, and they cant .............. get the idea? how many hrs of fun do you ave playing this game pretty cheap if you buy $20 in farm cash every couple months for the time you actually use it. :rolleyes:

mischellesteelersfan
Nov 08 2010, 02:45 PM
uuuuuuugh i'm needing a new release fix i'm jonesing bad ppl (this worked the last time lol)

Mimikrie
Nov 08 2010, 02:55 PM
uuuuuuugh i'm needing a new release fix i'm jonesing bad ppl (this worked the last time lol)

lol lets hope it works this time also :D;D;D

SunnyD
Nov 08 2010, 03:38 PM
If your sprinkler is in storage, then it can be used from the new toolbar at anytime on any farm.

it is in storage and Is not available to me when i work facilities requests... I see it is for you and some others but for some reason not for me.....

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 08 2010, 03:40 PM
it is in storage and Is not available to me when i work facilities requests... I see it is for you and some others but for some reason not for me.....

Try taking it out on your farm one more time and then put it back in storage. It is available for all people :) By putting it in and out should make it "reset".

BeccaK
Nov 08 2010, 04:48 PM
I am such a big fan of the extended tool box. Wow! sure does make farming so much simpler. Also loving the new facilities. I had to buy them all but rearrange all my farms to make room. Will there be more land available in the future?

Rob T
Nov 08 2010, 04:50 PM
I am such a big fan of the extended tool box. Wow! sure does make farming so much simpler. Also loving the new facilities. I had to buy them all but rearrange all my farms to make room. Will there be more land available in the future?

Farm 7 will be available on the next release :)

garden ho
Nov 08 2010, 05:49 PM
umm C4 works so much better:eek:

LOL - This was my thought exactly! Just make sure there are no divers in the immediate area :p

Old Goat
Nov 08 2010, 06:37 PM
In the real world I NEVER catch anything when I go fishing :( I have much better luck on Farm Town :)

caligirl62
Nov 08 2010, 08:48 PM
i am bummed. I spent alot of coin purchasing the petrochemical plant not realizing i must have the oil refinery-farm cash that i don't have. Unfortunately there is no way to know what a facility needs before you purchase it unless you happen to see it here on the forum. Seems like it would help to be able to click on the purchase and see what it needs before you choose to buy. Now i have this factory in my storage since i have no way to make it work.

they need to make it where the crops r actually a 4 day crop ie. 96 hours!! Not 3d8h!! Or a 3 day crop 2d8h!! Etc....!!!!!

caligirl62
Nov 08 2010, 09:05 PM

hopefully within a couple weeks!! I am sure b4 the holidays!!:d

BobcatTchai
Nov 08 2010, 10:35 PM
they need to make it where the crops r actually a 4 day crop ie. 96 hours!! Not 3d8h!! Or a 3 day crop 2d8h!! Etc....!!!!!

I like the whole '20 hour' Farm Town day. Take 'one day' crops for example. If they actually took a full 24 hours to come to harvest you'd eventually end up losing a day here and there (if you add in harvest, plow, replant time). 20 hours gives you a bit of leeway each day (same with the longer crops) :)

LibrarianLee
Nov 08 2010, 11:13 PM

My sprinkler (in storage) is not accessible when I've been hired by someone. So, I'm working away for my neighbor, see flowers need water and I have to go home first to access the sprinkler and go back. Same when working facilities. It's there all the other times, though.

Old Roy
Nov 08 2010, 11:16 PM
Why does everyone keep griping about the farm cash..?? you say you love the game.!!! for $4.99 you can get 25fc and $39.99 250fc thats enough to buy all upgrades for lot 7 and buy manure spreader and harvester heck I put $40.00 in my car for gas every day., and I spent $94.78 going out to eat dinner last night.. the devs have to eat to....

Shebz
Nov 09 2010, 01:19 AM
Whoop that is orsome news tho I only just afforded the 24x24 upgrade on Farm 6 so won't be able to afford if for some time. I sooooo am looking forward to this :D

SueW170
Nov 09 2010, 01:21 AM
Oh I love your answer. Personally I find that fishing makes a break for me between harvesting and seeding. Like supertrucker said imagine yourself going fishing, take your boat out to the lake, the gulf or anywhere, relax, throw in your line and wait. If you want crabs and lobster, go to the shore and find them on the rocky sides of the sea strip, I have the boat and I get fish sometimes 9 at a time and that is good and I get them everytime I throw in the net. Patience is a virtue not everybody has, lol
You're making me wish I was out on the river bank or up at a mountain lake, fishing pole in hand, relaxing and just waiting for a steelhead or trout to bite -- and not minding the waiting since it's just so pleasant being there.
As for FT fishing, my revers, ponds and the seacoasts (which I use to simulate a lake and one of my rivers0 are mainly for decoration. Not having any of the seafood facilities, I just occasionally fish to pass the time while trees and crops finish harvesting or seeds finish planting. Only a few minutes at most, but it's a pleasant way to pass the time and I earn a few more coins at the MP selling the fish.

SueW170
Nov 09 2010, 01:24 AM
Always works for me, When I fuel up there is a bar that shows just how many neighbors I visited THAT day. It does not carry over from day to day.
Ah-ha, maybe "THAT day" is the key. Since I only need to refuel every three or four days at the soonest, I probably visited all my FT Neighbors and raked, watered, weeded, etc. on a day previous to when I refueled.

Old Goat
Nov 09 2010, 08:05 AM
My sprinkler (in storage) is not accessible when I've been hired by someone. So, I'm working away for my neighbor, see flowers need water and I have to go home first to access the sprinkler and go back. Same when working facilities. It's there all the other times, though.
That's because you've been hired for a specific task. Same thing with picking trees, can't be done unless you're hired for it, doesn't matter that you're already there harvesting.

Old Goat
Nov 09 2010, 08:17 AM
Why do they need to?

SunnyD
Nov 09 2010, 08:29 AM
i took my mobile sprinkler out of storage and put it on my default farm.... cleared cache and then came back and added it to storage again.... and now so far after visiting only one neighbors farm to work facilities it is available to use now when i am doing this yay yay thank you DT for that idea.... believe it or not i have done this to make facilities work correctly when they didn't add my products to storage and that basically resets them why didn't i think of this before now duh me.....

went to second farm to work and no mobile sprinkler..... short lived excitement.......

Old Goat
Nov 09 2010, 08:36 AM
i took my mobile sprinkler out of storage and put it on my default farm.... cleared cache and then came back and added it to storage again.... and now so far after visiting only one neighbors farm to work facilities it is available to use now when i am doing this yay yay thank you DT for that idea.... believe it or not i have done this to make facilities work correctly when they didn't add my products to storage and that basically resets them why didn't i think of this before now duh me.....
went to second farm to work and no mobile sprinkler..... short lived excitement.......
You were able to use the sprinkler on a neighbors farm when you were working their facilities? I can't use it while being hired.

Jennifer Michelle
Nov 09 2010, 08:52 AM
A couple things ... first the griping about the Farm Cash ... I agree with a previous poster about the cost of things ... a Movie is now running about $15 a ticket (more or less) so for 2 people to go to the theatre to see a movie without popcorn or any beverage is $30 ... add $10 for transportation and you have the cost of 250 FC taken care of ... the difference is that Farm Cash provides you something you can play with for months or longer ... the movie will be on Cable in a few weeks and is only going to last 2.5 hours or so ...

The second thing is that this is the Absolute best game on Facebook ... compare the design, the constant upgrades with very few problems which get taken care of in a timely manner most of the time and you can see that the programmers, designers and everyone involved deserve to get some money ... not all the revenue comes from Advertising ... if you can't afford to purchase an occasional bit of Farm Cash .. play the game with the "Coin" purchase facilities and tools .. I have a couple friends who are doing this and who are loving the game as much as those who have all the bells and whistles ...

This is the holiday season ... If you want Farm Cash ... ask for a gift from a friend or relative for cash to purchase your goodies ... like a gift certificate type present ... that would be a gift that keeps on giving (in a GOOD way) ... my roommate and I have decided that we are giving each other 250 FC for Xmas this year ... we both play FT on a regular basis and what better gift ... It is the same as asking for a Video game for your Game machine or computer ...

DeniseShaw
Nov 09 2010, 08:55 AM
I am so excited for a farm 7! Could we get 2 new farms :)? It would be greatly appreciated :) When will we see a new farm?

caligirl62
Nov 09 2010, 09:39 AM

yea but not many neighbors visit mine...:(

Old Goat
Nov 09 2010, 09:49 AM
yea but not many neighbors visit mine...:(
Hiya! Neighbors visiting your farm doesn't add to your fuel allowance for the day, just you visiting them the day you refuel.

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 09 2010, 10:47 AM
I am so excited for a farm 7! Could we get 2 new farms :)? It would be greatly appreciated :) When will we see a new farm?

When the devs release farm 7 :)

April306
Nov 09 2010, 11:23 AM
This is the holiday season ... If you want Farm Cash ... ask for a gift from a friend or relative for cash to purchase your goodies ... like a gift certificate type present ... that would be a gift that keeps on giving (in a GOOD way) ... my roommate and I have decided that we are giving each other 250 FC for Xmas this year ... we both play FT on a regular basis and what better gift ... It is the same as asking for a Video game for your Game machine or computer ...[/QUOTE]

I think this is a great idea, and you don't have to give the full 250 fc.:)

etholl
Nov 09 2010, 12:28 PM
yeah, why? id rather not wait that extra 8 hrs and if your going to say because you would know when they are ready, well if it you plant a 4 day crop and cant get back intime to harvest when you have 4 days to do so, well...............

etholl
Nov 09 2010, 12:30 PM

put the sprinkler in your storage, not on a farm, try that

ashleybotts
Nov 09 2010, 02:02 PM
when will farm 7 be here i need it bad????????

tasnc
Nov 09 2010, 02:15 PM
do you know or have you heard how to triple plant crops. and why does all my other water show up but not my big lake in my 5th farm

knighta
Nov 09 2010, 02:21 PM
when will farm 7 be here i need it bad????????

Only the devs know this question. No one here else does not even the mods.

Texas Belle
Nov 09 2010, 03:01 PM
yeah, why? id rather not wait that extra 8 hrs and if your going to say because you would know when they are ready, well if it you plant a 4 day crop and cant get back intime to harvest when you have 4 days to do so, well...............

If you plant a 4 day crop you have the 4 days PLUS 2 or 3 more days to harvest. You don't have to harvest at 4 days or 3 days and 8 hrs on the dot. You always have same time that it took to grow extra to harvest. Believe it, we old timers learned that a long time ago with raspberries which is a 2 hr deal but you could always wait 3 and then harvest.... Don't panic, they don't wilt that fast, you always have some leeway.

Texas Belle
Nov 09 2010, 03:05 PM
You're making me wish I was out on the river bank or up at a mountain lake, fishing pole in hand, relaxing and just waiting for a steelhead or trout to bite -- and not minding the waiting since it's just so pleasant being there.
As for FT fishing, my revers, ponds and the seacoasts (which I use to simulate a lake and one of my rivers0 are mainly for decoration. Not having any of the seafood facilities, I just occasionally fish to pass the time while trees and crops finish harvesting or seeds finish planting. Only a few minutes at most, but it's a pleasant way to pass the time and I earn a few more coins at the MP selling the fish.

Glad that made you feel like you were someplace else than clicking for fish, lol
I am a deep sea fisher myself and there is nothing more relaxing that fishing, except when there is a darn swordfish that wants to get you into the water instead of you getting him/her out of the water, those babies can pull like an 18 wheeler. ;-)

Texas Belle
Nov 09 2010, 03:09 PM
do you know or have you heard how to triple plant crops. and why does all my other water show up but not my big lake in my 5th farm

Double, Triple planting can corrupt your farm and it not legal to do it I understand. Could you have hidden your lake? Or maybe put it on storage by mistake?

Texas Belle
Nov 09 2010, 03:17 PM
One more week has passed... could it be this Friday? Purchased my FC already, designed already what I am going to do on the 7th farm and just waiting, waiting, waiting....
Oh where, Oh where could that 7th farm be....?

DeniseShaw
Nov 09 2010, 03:18 PM

After a crop has come ready to harvest, how long do u have before it starts to wither away and die?:confused:

JAS0643
Nov 09 2010, 03:20 PM
If you plant a 4 day crop you have the 4 days PLUS 2 or 3 more days to harvest. You don't have to harvest at 4 days or 3 days and 8 hrs on the dot. You always have same time that it took to grow extra to harvest. Believe it, we old timers learned that a long time ago with raspberries which is a 2 hr deal but you could always wait 3 and then harvest.... Don't panic, they don't wilt that fast, you always have some leeway.

If you plant a 4 day crop then you have 4 days to harvest that crop.

Double, Triple planting can corrupt your farm and it not legal to do it I understand. Could you have hidden your lake? Or maybe put it on storage by mistake?

While you are correct that layering a farm can cause problems you are wrong about it being illegal to layer your farm. People are free to layer at their own risk the developers do not consider layering cheating.

LeeClements
Nov 09 2010, 03:21 PM
After a crop has come ready to harvest, how long do u have before it starts to wither away and die?:confused:

the same amount of time it took to be ready , 2hr crop will die in 2 hr:)

Tony D
Nov 09 2010, 03:22 PM
After a crop has come ready to harvest, how long do u have before it starts to wither away and die?:confused:Hi Denise, you have around the same time as it takes the crop to grow ...so for a 1 day crop 20 hours after it is ready to harvest 2 day crop 40 hours etc... this is only an approximate.

DeniseShaw
Nov 09 2010, 03:22 PM

I should have kept reading before I asked my question! Thanks, you answered it!
:D

DeniseShaw
Nov 09 2010, 03:26 PM
Hi Denise, you have around the same time as it takes the crop to grow ...so for a 1 day crop 20 hours after it is ready to harvest 2 day crop 40 hours etc... this is only an approximate.

Hi Tony! and thanks for your answer, but had i kept reading I could have gotten an answer and not bothered anyone :) Thanks a lot for replying! I am new to the forum and haven't quiet figured it all out.

I used to keep track of my crops and rush right back to harvest because I was afraid i was going to loose them. I have played FT for about 2 months now and have lost 2 small crops of raspberries :) So I have done pretty well. Especially since I have made it to level 135 in that 2 month span :) No wondered people tell me I am addicted :)

Hi, My name is Denise, and I am a FT-A-Holic :)

speedmonkey
Nov 09 2010, 03:57 PM

Oh no! This would be very bad! I would imagine that this was put into effect as a perk to us. We all have gotten used to the way the game currently works and I think that if they changed it they would loose a lot of players.

cilla38
Nov 09 2010, 05:45 PM
Fritz i hope it is sooner i to need more land

HelenJS22
Nov 09 2010, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't like them to change the system of 20 hour days now that we are all used to, but I'd love them to add a few crops at the top end that are 5/6 farmtown day crops so that we could go away for a 'real world - 24 hour day' week and come back knowing that our crops are still there waiting for us.

Currently, if we go away for a full 7 day week (ie: Sat am - Sat pm the next week) the four day farm town crops don't quite make the distance :(

I take a small netbook computer with me, but sometimes we farm town addicts are forced to give it a rest :eek:

Karalena
Nov 09 2010, 05:51 PM
Thank you for all the updates. I love them!

For those of you that are having trouble with having to have Farm Cash, remember that this game is free and I suspect the makers of it need some source of income to keep the programming and upgrades going. They sure can't do it for free! So the Farm Cash is a necessary thing...please understand and stop complaining about it.

kschilpe
Nov 09 2010, 05:52 PM
I am beginning to think we may not get or next farms until christmas, oh please make it sooner i am in the designing mood

HelenJS22
Nov 09 2010, 05:59 PM
Here's a hint - and no I don't have a clue when they will release our next update or farm 7 - but 5 of the 6 last updates have been released on the exact morning that I have left my whiz bang wonderful computer at home and gone on holiday!!! :)

So if they stick to the pattern, we don't have all that long to wait now :) My only problem is that it leaves me running madly around Farm Town checking out the upgrade on my tiny little netbook computer and champing at the bit to play farm town rather than go to the beach :eek:

Mrs Mags
Nov 09 2010, 06:11 PM
Here's a hint - and no I don't have a clue when they will release our next update or farm 7 - but 5 of the 6 last updates have been released on the exact morning that I have left my whiz bang wonderful computer at home and gone on holiday!!! :)

So if they stick to the pattern, we don't have all that long to wait now :) My only problem is that it leaves me running madly around Farm Town checking out the upgrade on my tiny little netbook computer and champing at the bit to play farm town rather than go to the beach :eek:

Ummm..Would you like to go on holiday tomorrow...or even sooner..:D:D:D

golden oldie
Nov 09 2010, 06:35 PM
I am not sure where to write this but since I see above that it says the problem with things not going in storage had been fixed, I guess I'll do it here. For approximately the last month I have been having problems with things that I have harvested not going to the storage. Several times it has been silk worm but that seems to have gotten better recently, but I have lost corn, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes to name a few and this morning I harvested a bunch of apple and orange trees and not one piece went in but a short time later the lemons, when harvested, did. This becomes very frustrating as I plan doing all facilities on certain days and then when crops disappear that are needed, I have to wait another 1,2,3 or 4 days depending on what has disappeared. It doesn't appear to be caused by the storage shed being filled because things from another farm will go in. However I was wondering if it is possible for there to be some type of alert to let us know when the storage is full if this is indeed a reason for disappearing harvested crops and also some way to not have to sell the entire amount of a certain product..i.e. I have over a million coins worth of peanut butter and would like to sell some but not all. Thank you for any input..

LibrarianLee
Nov 09 2010, 07:40 PM
put the sprinkler in your storage, not on a farm, try that

It is in my storage :)

grem
Nov 09 2010, 09:35 PM
how bout a landrover 4x4 n more cars n motorbikes n maybe a bus or 2???????? how about makin less items farmcash n more coins instead of the good stuff being farmcash. i'm on top level so cant earn anymore farmcash so why should i have to raid my bank account everytime i want summat good 4 my farm?

jeanieNGMsfarm
Nov 09 2010, 10:13 PM
I am not sure where to write this but since I see above that it says the problem with things not going in storage had been fixed, I guess I'll do it here. For approximately the last month I have been having problems with things that I have harvested not going to the storage. Several times it has been silk worm but that seems to have gotten better recently, but I have lost corn, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes to name a few and this morning I harvested a bunch of apple and orange trees and not one piece went in but a short time later the lemons, when harvested, did. This becomes very frustrating as I plan doing all facilities on certain days and then when crops disappear that are needed, I have to wait another 1,2,3 or 4 days depending on what has disappeared. It doesn't appear to be caused by the storage shed being filled because things from another farm will go in. However I was wondering if it is possible for there to be some type of alert to let us know when the storage is full if this is indeed a reason for disappearing harvested crops and also some way to not have to sell the entire amount of a certain product..i.e. I have over a million coins worth of peanut butter and would like to sell some but not all. Thank you for any input..

i have never maxed mine out but have read there is a warning that pops up when you are getting close to the limit ..

SunnyD
Nov 09 2010, 10:21 PM
there is a warning when you max out your harvested storage i have gotten it a couple of times.......... a great helper.....

s3gina
Nov 10 2010, 06:24 AM
Raul, I absolutely LOVE the new upgrade! I especially love the new perfume factory, since I make bath and beauty products for friends and occasional sales. However, I'm a little bit disappointed in the baby perfume - the worst-kept-secret in the world is the familiar "baby scent". It is simply equal parts of vanilla and rose essential oils. I'm glad you devs are working on making farm products more usable in facilities - e.g. breakfast foods facility for increased egg usage. I've read a bunch of comments on providing more FC than the $1 FC for each level achieved. I am retired, widowed, on a fixed income, but I budget $10 USD per month for FC - and call it "entertainment"! It's less expensive than going to a movie once a month, and I have a lot more fun in the process! Occasionally, for a birthday or something special, family members give me cash to us for FC - which explains the perfume factory, and new 4x4 tools which i also love - especially the fill-in feature for irregular fields. Can hardly wait for Farm7 - maybe I can construct my "dream farm" without needing the space so much for crop fields. Keep up the good work.

adelphian
Nov 10 2010, 07:42 AM
when will there be new levels added.I am maxed out.

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 10 2010, 08:00 AM
when will there be new levels added.I am maxed out.

As stated in the first post, in the next release. When that is, no one knows :)

crjangel
Nov 10 2010, 09:37 AM
TY 4 the updates BUT the best update of all would b a sell all button for all non-facility items at the marketplace. Come on this is too much clicking! Give us more levels and a SEll all button that would b great!

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 10 2010, 09:40 AM
TY 4 the updates BUT the best update of all would b a sell all button for all non-facility items at the marketplace. Come on this is too much clicking! Give us more levels and a SEll all button that would b great!

If you read the first post you will see that we are getting more levels plus farm 7 in the next release :)

crjangel
Nov 10 2010, 09:43 AM
I agree Solar plowing was never real cash - It was the one thing we could count on for costing nada.. I am disappointed this has changed. As far as the new levels I will believe it when I c it. Been waiting a long time. Farm 7! Gezz I have enough farms give us a SELL ALL Button in the marketplace!

StoneFace
Nov 10 2010, 10:26 AM
Sure seems like less and less farmers want to really "work" this game anymore.

Gimme.... faster growing crops
Gimme.... bigger yield and less requirements to use for products
Gimme.... more facilities that produce more coin (but make it cheap)
Gimme.... more FarmCash to make game money (heck with dev's real needs)
Gimme.... bigger farms really cheap and let me make huge coin amounts
Gimme.... tools that do all the work with just one click
Gimme.... bigger inventory limits for more stuff I probably won't ever use
Gimme.... more farms so I can buy every facility and stock them totally
Gimme.... faster response time and no need to clear cache etc
Gimme.... more levels - every week might make me happy
Gimme.... more seasonal stuff so I can not have the room to put it all
Gimme.... all the hard stuff as gifts even though I don't have many neighbors
Gimme
Gimme

Gimme.... a break:p

Yep, I would certainly like to have 3 more farms at once... that would keep me busy for a few days.
Yep, I would like more levels if they were accompanied by lots of "stuff" that I could spend my billions on,
Yep, I would like lot of things .....

But the reality is that the developers ARE getting us better and bigger enhancements with less and less time between releases. I just wonder if I will still be playing in one year when I am at level 675, and have 24 farms to manage ..... and am producing everything including bubble gum and paperclips.

For now.... I enjoy some remodeling, some variety in facilities, some buying and selling and some time spent helping a neighbor or a total stranger with tips I have learned to make the game even more enjoyable.

Gimme more of that and I am satisfied.

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

:cool:

garden ho
Nov 10 2010, 10:39 AM

Gimme
Gimme

Yep, I would certainly like to have 3 more farms at once... that would keep me busy for a few days.
Yep, I would like more levels if they were accompanied by lots of "stuff" that I could spend my billions on,

But the reality is that the developers ARE getting us better and bigger enhancements with less and less time between releases. I just wonder if I will still be playing in one year when I am at level 675, and have 24 farms to manage ..... and am producing everything including bubble gum and paperclips.

For now.... I enjoy some remodeling, some variety in facilities, some buying and selling and some time spent helping a neighbor or a total stranger with tips I have learned to make the game even more enjoyable.

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

LOVE IT!!!! and I 100% agree on all points!:D

Nanny's Nook
Nov 10 2010, 11:33 AM

Gimme
Gimme

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

Excellent post! And I too agree 100%!

Suzie Brown-Dehner
Nov 10 2010, 11:38 AM

Gimme
Gimme

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

I love this post. Excellent point!!!!:D

Jennifer Michelle
Nov 10 2010, 01:05 PM

Gimme
Gimme

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

I also Agree 1000% ... I like working my farm ... the devs and the designers of Farm Town have outdone everything else that purports to be a "Farming Game" ...

If they continue on the path they are on this game will just continue to get better and better ... I have quit all other farming apps and play only one other game to pass the time while I am waiting for my trees/crops/fish to mature and get ready for me to work ...

As far as when the next release will come ... "soon" ... and that means whenever the devs/developers get it ready ... Realize there are VERY FEW problems with this game ... if you don't understand that ... try another game and put up with their nonsense, their problems, their pop-ups and everything else and you will quickly come back here singing a completely different tune.

My hats off to the people who design and program this game ... I have been a programmer for well over 20 years and would be proud to have my name on this game ... not so for any of the other games ... the other farming games appeal more to the people who do not like to think and who like the foolishness that the others seem to constantly add to their games ...

KUDOS to all at FarmTown ... :D

houston1648
Nov 10 2010, 02:24 PM
Great! Now where is my $38 FC that I legitimately earned?????????

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 10 2010, 02:36 PM
Great! Now where is my $38 FC that I legitimately earned?????????

Could you be more specific? When did the money go? And if you need help you need to provide a farm link so we can double check your account.

topmop
Nov 10 2010, 02:44 PM

:

Well said stoneface, couldn't agree more!!

JocelynCS
Nov 10 2010, 03:02 PM
If you read the first post you will see that we are getting more levels plus farm 7 in the next release :)

But...but... WHEN?! *whiiiine* :p

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 10 2010, 03:49 PM
But...but... WHEN?! *whiiiine* :p

When the devs decide to finally quit torturing us;)

kathyonthefarm
Nov 10 2010, 04:32 PM
Raul, I absolutely LOVE the new upgrade! I especially love the new perfume factory, since I make bath and beauty products for friends and occasional sales. However, I'm a little bit disappointed in the baby perfume - the worst-kept-secret in the world is the familiar "baby scent". It is simply equal parts of vanilla and rose essential oils. I'm glad you devs are working on making farm products more usable in facilities - e.g. breakfast foods facility for increased egg usage. I've read a bunch of comments on providing more FC than the $1 FC for each level achieved. I am retired, widowed, on a fixed income, but I budget $10 USD per month for FC - and call it "entertainment"! It's less expensive than going to a movie once a month, and I have a lot more fun in the process! Occasionally, for a birthday or something special, family members give me cash to us for FC - which explains the perfume factory, and new 4x4 tools which i also love - especially the fill-in feature for irregular fields. Can hardly wait for Farm7 - maybe I can construct my "dream farm" without needing the space so much for crop fields. Keep up the good work.
Could I ask what you mean by the fill-in tool for irregular fields? Thanks

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 10 2010, 04:42 PM
Could I ask what you mean by the fill-in tool for irregular fields? Thanks

No she said fill in feature...it's not a tool. I have a few fields that I staggered to give a slope effect. With the bigger tools, when I go to plow/sow the tool even goes with the slope/stagger and fills it in (well most of the plots) even though they are not perfectly aligned which is cool :)

mischellesteelersfan
Nov 10 2010, 04:57 PM
"it's my new release and i want it now!!" (the structured settlement companies that tell u that u can get your money now)lol

kathyonthefarm
Nov 10 2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the info, I misunderstood and yes this picks up to plow or sow even when they are not in a row. thanks

Helen Beam
Nov 10 2010, 05:25 PM
I am not able to make jewelry in the Jewelry Factory. I have 3 mines but never see 100% completion of silver, gold etc..do i need something else to make this happen?

Rob T
Nov 10 2010, 05:26 PM
I am not able to make jewelry in the Jewelry Factory. I have 3 mines but never see 100% completion of silver, gold etc..do i need something else to make this happen?

Have you gone to the whats pending tab and stored whats in there?

dianedrayson
Nov 10 2010, 05:41 PM
I am so, so ready for farm 7. I've planned for it to hold all my facilities (as it takes me ages to move from farm to farm). I've started emptying some facilities ready to move. I have as many coins as it cost to buy farm 6, hoping that this one won't be a big jump. (After all, before farm 6 the jump wasn't too great, so hopefully the devs will take pity on us this time.) I don't know how many times I check to see if the upgrade has come. It just shows how much we all love this game!

I can't decide if I'm glad or sorry that we were told farm 7 was on its way. I'm glad because I've had time to think about it and plan what I'm doing. I'm sorry because it's made me dissatisfied with what I've got, while waiting for the next one. The irony is that a few weeks ago I would have said I didn't want another farm, certainly not for a few months. Once it was announced it's 'Gimme, gimme!'

marwahr
Nov 10 2010, 06:23 PM

If one of your FT neighbors or friends "post" to help work their facilities and they have an oil refinery, you 'earn' some of what you help them produce. So you CAN get the items to work your petrochemical plant. Same with fuel, you don't need an oil refinery or even an oil pump - just work someone's farm that has the oil refinery and you get the items, but at a slower rate that's all. :)

marwahr
Nov 10 2010, 06:41 PM

Gimme
Gimme

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

I totally agree ... gimme gimme gimme ... :D

confetti_kitten1980
Nov 10 2010, 06:48 PM
Im not finding the New, smaller version of the Oil Refinery... where can I buy this?

Suzie Brown-Dehner
Nov 10 2010, 06:50 PM
Im not finding the New, smaller version of the Oil Refinery... where can I buy this?

You buy the big oil Refinery and then you change the look after you buy it. I hope I made since. LOL

earlgray
Nov 10 2010, 07:04 PM
No she said fill in feature...it's not a tool. I have a few fields that I staggered to give a slope effect. With the bigger tools, when I go to plow/sow the tool even goes with the slope/stagger and fills it in (well most of the plots) even though they are not perfectly aligned which is cool :)

I have a couple of staggered fields too, and I find this works perfectly with the harvester and seeder (I'm using 3x3), but the plowing doesn't catch all the staggered fields. Still, 2 out of 3 is better than nothing!

TraceyMush
Nov 10 2010, 07:21 PM

Yup. We need to be able to see what prerequisites each facility needs in order to function.
lt's only fair.

TraceyMush
Nov 10 2010, 07:30 PM
Yup. We need to be able to see what prerequisites each facility needs in order to function.
lt's only fair.

Sorry, had to add more.
lmagine some farmer goes and buys the tea shop >> with cash. Only after she gets it on her farm does she find out, that in order to have a successful shop, she now needs plentiful supplies of: coffee and tea (both of these are separate purchases). She also needs LOTS of milk, thus she needs cows (gifts) and the barn (purchase) to keep them in. She may feel she needs cinnamon which is a FC purchase.

lt's only people who come to the forum on a regular basis who have any clue about these things.

lt's only fair.

BobcatTchai
Nov 10 2010, 07:32 PM
I reckon Farm 7 will be the last one I'll upgrade to. Lucky 7 seems about right for me, and in truth I can't see myself finding enough hours in any given day to manage more. I have all but one of the facilities offered thus far, and for a mere mortal like myself time and energy won't stretch much further. The FC tools offered by the devs have been an enormous bonus though, in time saving terms - the fertilizer, fishing boat, tree shaker etc have enabled me to stay on top of daily Farm Town duties :)

I'll leave the level jumping and humungous bank balances to the more 'committed'. From now on it'll be about managing and enjoying what I've got in terms of acreage (though I won't be able to resist buying more facilities), playing around with some design stuff, and looking forward to whatever new and interesting facilities and holiday releases come round courtesy of the developers continued hard work.

Tony D
Nov 10 2010, 07:48 PM
Sorry, had to add more.
lmagine some farmer goes and buys the tea shop >> with cash. Only after she gets it on her farm does she find out, that in order to have a successful shop, she now needs plentiful supplies of: coffee and tea (both of these are separate purchases). She also needs LOTS of milk, thus she needs cows (gifts) and the barn (purchase) to keep them in. She may feel she needs cinnamon which is a FC purchase.

lt's only people who come to the forum on a regular basis who have any clue about these things.

lt's only fair.Hi, if you go to the store and click on the facilities tab beside each facility is a green box with a question mark in it. If you click on the green box it tells you what it makes.

Ferbylicious
Nov 10 2010, 08:03 PM
atumn tree??? not autumn. and why are there 2 types of "atumn" trees? Please correct spelling.

not criticising just an observation.
love farmtown can't wait for farm 7!!

Suzie Brown-Dehner
Nov 10 2010, 08:14 PM
atumn tree??? not autumn. and why are there 2 types of "atumn" trees? Please correct spelling.

not criticising just an observation.
love farmtown can't wait for farm 7!!

Okay, this is funny.... You know they say 50% of us are excellent spellers and the other 50% are not. I am under "the not so good". So, it really doesn't bother me. I just call idiosyncrasies "brain hiccups". :D

lulu836
Nov 10 2010, 08:17 PM
Hi, if you go to the store and click on the facilities tab beside each facility is a green box with a question mark in it. If you click on the green box it tells you what it makes.

Not ingredients but rather which other facilities are needed to actually finish all the steps to get the most money for your time. For instance to get the "smell good" products it takes oil pump + refinery + essential oils facility + perfume facility etc, etc, etc.

SueW170
Nov 10 2010, 08:26 PM
I have a couple of staggered fields too, and I find this works perfectly with the harvester and seeder (I'm using 3x3), but the plowing doesn't catch all the staggered fields. Still, 2 out of 3 is better than nothing!
Same with my irregular plots. Found, though, that the 3.3 plow sometimes plows adjacent land (not a field), but no problem. If I son't want a plot there, I simply delete it.

SueW170
Nov 10 2010, 08:29 PM
Somewhat thinking the same way. Though if there is some day to be a #8, I might use it to play with design concepts, just try things out for the fun of it for a while.

I reckon Farm 7 will be the last one I'll upgrade to. Lucky 7 seems about right for me, and in truth I can't see myself finding enough hours in any given day to manage more. I have all but one of the facilities offered thus far, and for a mere mortal like myself time and energy won't stretch much further. The FC tools offered by the devs have been an enormous bonus though, in time saving terms - the fertilizer, fishing boat, tree shaker etc have enabled me to stay on top of daily Farm Town duties :)

I'll leave the level jumping and humungous bank balances to the more 'committed'. From now on it'll be about managing and enjoying what I've got in terms of acreage (though I won't be able to resist buying more facilities), playing around with some design stuff, and looking forward to whatever new and interesting facilities and holiday releases come round courtesy of the developers continued hard work.

Alisha Nguyen
Nov 10 2010, 09:06 PM

From page 1:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373794

4. New, smaller version of the Oil Refinery: Use the 'Switch View' option from the item menu.

1fritz
Nov 10 2010, 09:44 PM

Gimme
Gimme

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

You nailed it! I totally agree with all you said.

topmop
Nov 11 2010, 08:04 AM
Somewhat thinking the same way. Though if there is some day to be a #8, I might use it to play with design concepts, just try things out for the fun of it for a while.

I used farms 5 and 6 to simpify things. I moved all my trees to farm 5 to make them easier to harvest (couldn't use the shaker from storage at that time), moved all my facilities to farm 6 to keep from moving around loading them up and my intention for farm 7 is to move all my animals there. That way I can do all my milking, etc., with one click. There will be hundreds of animals outside the buildings (slowing things up) but I won't be doing anything else there. Farm 8??, don't even want to think about it, maybe just fishing.

gffarmer
Nov 11 2010, 10:34 AM
You nailed it! I totally agree with all you said.

I agree too. Releasing 3 farms at one time is way too many! The developers are doing a great job keeping it interesting and new!:)

marwahr
Nov 11 2010, 03:20 PM
Oh Great Devs in cyberspace, please we beg of you to stop this torture. We want Farm 7, we want more levels, we want ... we want ... we want ... we want ...

... and yes I am whining, so could you send me some cheese and crackers to go with my whine? :)

JocelynCS
Nov 11 2010, 03:23 PM
Oh Great Devs in cyberspace, please we beg of you to stop this torture. We want Farm 7, we want more levels, we want ... we want ... we want ... we want ...

... and yes I am whining, so could you send me some cheese and crackers to go with my whine? :)

I think we're all well into the whining stage now. I can usually handle two weeks after an update - getting myself used to new facilities, adding new items to farms, growing the new ingredients takes some time.

After two weeks...WHIIIIINEEEE!!!!!

bamagirl
Nov 11 2010, 04:11 PM
Tomorrow will be 3 weeks ago we got the last upgrade, not counting the release of the old Thanksgiving decorations, still waiting for farm 7, and will keep waiting just like I did for the release of the flowers when I first started playing, I am addicted to Farm Town an will be for along time yet, Happy Farming all .

gulf0
Nov 11 2010, 06:43 PM
I think its all a hoax just to keep people playing cause alot of them were leaving

Toranut97
Nov 11 2010, 06:57 PM

Gimme
Gimme

Original Set of Farms

_ix=0)
_ix=1)
_ix=2)
_ix=3)
_ix=4)
_ix=5)

I love this post....agree totally! Quoted it fully so some will actually read it. The only thing you left off were the incessant demands for "justice" that we get around here.... Thanks so much for posting!!!

Toranut97
Nov 11 2010, 06:59 PM
I think its all a hoax just to keep people playing cause alot of them were leaving

What is a hoax? Promises of Farm 7???

Do you not realize how many MONTHS it used to take to get ANY update???

Where do you get your info? "a lot of them were leaving?" PROVE IT.:mad:

carla6979
Nov 11 2010, 06:59 PM
Great job love the new updates hard to find other people with good farms and wish i could get more farmtown cash:p

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 11 2010, 07:00 PM

Sure, like a dev would really say that there will be a new farm and new levels and not do that...THAT would make people leave. You need to get your information straight before posting that kind of stuff.

carla6979
Nov 11 2010, 07:01 PM
Is my account linked can you view my farm?

Rob T
Nov 11 2010, 07:02 PM
Is my account linked can you view my farm?

no, the auto linking at the top is actually broken, if you wish to link your farm, please follow the instructions below

carla6979
Nov 11 2010, 07:06 PM
PLease let me know if you can view my farm from my post!!:rolleyes:

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 11 2010, 07:08 PM

Nope, like Rob said your farm is not linked. I have instructions in my signature that take you to a thread on how to link though :)

amberdh
Nov 11 2010, 07:09 PM

No we can't. You will need to manually link it.

carla6979
Nov 11 2010, 07:09 PM
I can't figure out how to do it i tried

amberdh
Nov 11 2010, 07:10 PM

Go to your facebook page and get your facebook id number.

Then paste it on to the end of this:

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 11 2010, 07:11 PM

Read this thread: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3244966#post3244966

Rob T
Nov 11 2010, 07:11 PM

Goto your profile, and click on your display picture, at the end of the URL is a long number, copy that number and paste it onto the end of this URL in place of of the ##########

'http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=##########'

Taz D
Nov 11 2010, 07:51 PM
Hi, if you go to the store and click on the facilities tab beside each facility is a green box with a question mark in it. If you click on the green box it tells you what it makes.
I disagree. It gives you some idea but does not tell you everything it produces or what is needed to produce the necessary ingredients. If there was a list of all needed items for the facility and then a list of what they make, that would be different.

HelenJS22
Nov 11 2010, 07:52 PM
Hey Mods, how about we rename this thread from 'New Release -- October 22nd, 2010' to 'OLD Release -- October 22nd, 2010' ?? :D .... then duck for cover.

Double T Dude Ranch
Nov 11 2010, 07:55 PM
Mmm nope... this is the devs area...we don't touch it :D

Toranut97
Nov 11 2010, 08:41 PM
I disagree. It gives you some idea but does not tell you everything it produces or what is needed to produce the necessary ingredients. If there was a list of all needed items for the facility and then a list of what they make, that would be different.

Even though it is an endless injustice, and life is simply being unfair to you and so many others, you CAN figure this out by ---

wait for it ----

wait for it ------

it's coming ---

almost here -----

READING THE GAME GUIDE.

All the answers are there. I guess you could call it "a list of all needed items for the facility and then a list of what they make". :p

But you actually have to go there and READ IT.
HERE:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314890

I sure hope this scratches your itch. :rolleyes:

HelenJS22
Nov 11 2010, 08:52 PM
And if you really, really don't want to read the game guide - though it's a great help - you stalk your neighbour farmers until one of them buys the facility you are looking at ... then you click on that facility on the neighbour's farm and it will tell you all that you need to know .... then you thank your neighbour who took the risk for you, and go buy your own.

snow_angel
Nov 11 2010, 09:58 PM

I can send you some cheese for your whine but unfortunately we have no facility that makes crackers :( lol