PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 23rd, 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Dec 23 2010, 06:07 PM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. New Animals and Hills (Coins): 5 new animals on the gift page and 4 more animals in the store. Also, 3 different set of Hills now available on the Paths/Ground category: plain grass, tall grass and semi-dry grass. There are also a coupple of Sand Hills at the end.

2. Easy to Return Gifts: When you accept a gift, the confirmation page now have a new section to 'Send a gift back to your friend' to easily return the favor. Notice this section will only be visible if you haven't sent a gift to that friend recently.

3. Fertilizer for Trees (FC): If you already own the *Red* Manure Spreader and you buy the *Orange* Manure Spreader, then every time you fertilize a farm using ANY of them, both, crops and trees will be fertilized. Fertilized trees will produce 2 boxes when harvested and 2 log piles when chopped.

Notice you only need to fertilize a farm once, with any of the Spreaders, it doesn't matter which. You can also use the Manure Spreader in the Extended Tool box.

If you don't like the highliht effect on crops or trees you can disable it in the Preference window.

[UPDATE:] There is no additional consumption of manure, it remains the same as before.

4. Harvest storage increased by 50%.

5. Facility optimization (launched a couple of weeks ago): There should be far less network requests when using your facilities, so working on them should be faster, with less timeouts when you move from one facility to the next or when you start farming after closing a facility.

6. Facility Manager: This is a new tool located on the Extended Toolbox to make it easier to navigate and manage your facilities. For now, you can see all your facilities in the current farm, with summarized information and with the hability to open them and sort them in several ways. In the future we will be adding more functionality to this Manager to make it easier and faster for you to work with them and help friends.

7. Producing Yarn and Rope in the Textile and Spinning Mill: The 'Textile Mill' has been upgraded to 'Textile and Spinning Mill' and will also produce Linen Yarn and Rope from the new Flax crop, and Wool Yarn from Sheep Wool.

8. Knitting and Knotting Mill (FC): Allows you to produce Knitting Clothes and Knotted Products out of the Yarn and Ropes you produce on the Textile and Spinning Mill:

Hay Net
Hammock
Scarf
Snow Cap
Lace Dress
Doily
Boots

9. Distillery (Coins): Allows you to produce Spirits and Liqueurs:

Vodka
Whiskey
Brandy
Rum
Creme de Menthe

Farm 8 and new levels comming on the next release.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

amberdh
Dec 23 2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks Devs :D Merry Christmas!!

Tiger
Dec 23 2010, 06:10 PM
Yippee thankyou :D:D:D

Gotta go make space, now where did i put that bulldozer hahaha

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 23 2010, 06:11 PM
Love it Raul! Thanks :) Merry Christmas!

Guldfisk Hansen
Dec 23 2010, 06:12 PM
Thank you and a very Merrry Christmas, Devs :-)

Tony D
Dec 23 2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks , great job...... *sorry kids Daddy's too busy for Christmas this year :p*

Rob T
Dec 23 2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks Raul & The devs :) great release and have a very Merry Christmas

Momma Woods
Dec 23 2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks Raul,
A very wonderful upgrade.

Texas Belle
Dec 23 2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks , great job...... *sorry kids Daddy's too busy for Christmas this year :p*

"And Mommy's too" "Daddy can fix dinner"

Thanks Raul and all the devs, good Christmas present!!
I was wishing and hoping for another farm, but oh well, maybe for New Year's, lol

Love you guys,

Mrs Borgies
Dec 23 2010, 06:20 PM
I love number 6 update! :D

6. Facility Manager: This is a new tool located on the Extended Toolbox to make it easier to navigate and manage your facilities. For now, you can see all your facilities in the current farm, with summarized information and with the hability to open them and sort them in several ways. In the future we will be adding more functionality to this Manager to make it easier and faster for you to work with them and help friends.

Merry Christmas to everyone working behind the scenes. I have already made my purchase so that I can Fertilize my trees as a present to myself.

A huge THANK YOU from me to you :)

CynthiaSue
Dec 23 2010, 06:20 PM
does anyone know if you need more fertilizer if you have both the red and orange truck. If I understand correctly, you would be fertilizing crops and trees at the same time, but I don't have any crops on 2 of my farms where I have the trees and I don't actually have any crops planted on the last farm that I have trees. I think it takes 50 fertilizer to fertilizer ones crops with the red truck, but if I am fertilizing both crops and trees, does it take 100?

Mrs Mags
Dec 23 2010, 06:22 PM
Thank you Raul..and all the Devs...another amazing update..with the promise of farm 8 and new levels next time..Wow!!!....
Merry Christmas, and a Happy New year to all at Slashkey

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 23 2010, 06:26 PM
does anyone know if you need more fertilizer if you have both the red and orange truck. If I understand correctly, you would be fertilizing crops and trees at the same time, but I don't have any crops on 2 of my farms where I have the trees and I don't actually have any crops planted on the last farm that I have trees. I think it takes 50 fertilizer to fertilizer ones crops with the red truck, but if I am fertilizing both crops and trees, does it take 100?

I just bought the new one..Says to fertilize crops and trees at the same time (since I have both now)...to click on ANY of them and select fertilize farm.

CynthiaSue
Dec 23 2010, 06:27 PM
I just bought a calf and it has the option to add to a dairy shed. Is there any reason to add it to the dairy shed? I didn't try adding it or anything, as I don't have it on the right farm.

Regina_Phelangie
Dec 23 2010, 06:27 PM
:DThank you! Merry Christmas to all!

CynthiaSue
Dec 23 2010, 06:28 PM
I just bought the new one..Says to fertilize crops and trees at the same time (since I have both now)...to click on ANY of them and select fertilize farm.

but does it take twice the amount of fertilizer to do that? Or still just 50?

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 23 2010, 06:29 PM
I just bought a calf and it has the option to add to a dairy shed. Is there any reason to add it to the dairy shed? I didn't try adding it or anything, as I don't have it on the right farm.

Just like you can add the horse to the stable and the donkey...just gets the animals off your farm...no purpose otherwise the devs would say :)

bob07
Dec 23 2010, 06:31 PM
Excellent Manure Spreader for trees, BRAVO!!!

Aranel
Dec 23 2010, 06:34 PM
Is this our Christmas present? 'Cause I love it!:D

Molly Mew
Dec 23 2010, 06:36 PM
Many thanks Raul. :)

bob07
Dec 23 2010, 06:36 PM
but does it take twice the amount of fertilizer to do that? Or still just 50?
Just tried it, still only 50 if you have mixed trees and crops or all trees, 50 for the whole farm

xxjimmyxx
Dec 23 2010, 06:41 PM
thx love it all :)

Farmer Homer
Dec 23 2010, 06:42 PM
Wahoo! Thanks Raul, going to go play now.

I saw that I can now immediately send a gift back to a friend so I thought some good things are happening, I was right.

JAS0643
Dec 23 2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the update I can't wait to get home and see the new stuff.

Marry Christmas and Happy New Year!

garden ho
Dec 23 2010, 06:45 PM

Yep - insert "Momma" here! LMBO!!!

Marjo
Dec 23 2010, 06:50 PM
Love it all <3

ChrissieD
Dec 23 2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks for all your hard work. Loving all the new animals but sadly my PC crashes every time I try to click on one to send as a gift :(

Grammkins
Dec 23 2010, 07:11 PM
Perhaps it might be time to consider a new dealership for tools. I mean, I have already spent 50 farmcash for a manure spreader, but to upgrade, I need to spend another 40? Why not allow me to trade in the older model and pay a modest fee to upgrade to the bigger model. That would have been helpful with all the farm equipment, as I used to have all the 2 x 2's, then moved up to a 4 x 4. Would have helped out a whole bunch to have a trade up value.

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 23 2010, 07:19 PM
I've sent an e-mail to the devs in regards to the error message.

CaroleSB
Dec 23 2010, 07:20 PM
Wow!! Don't have time right now to check out everything, but that Facility Manager is the bestest Farmtown Christmas gift ever! :)

marwahr
Dec 23 2010, 07:21 PM

My trees highlighted once I bought the orange manure spreader for the trees on my farms that have crops. I had to fertilize the farm that I have only trees on for them to highlight. But it takes the same amount to fertilize each farm regardless if it's a combo of trees/crops or just crops or trees on it - 50 manure.

Thanks so much for the updates. Would have loved Farm 8, but beggars can't be picky. :) Merry Christmas to all, I know what's keeping me entertained for Christmas.

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 23 2010, 07:22 PM
My trees highlighted once I bought the orange manure spreader for the trees on my farms that have crops. I had to fertilize the farm that I have only trees on for them to highlight. But it takes the same amount to fertilize each farm regardless if it's a combo of trees/crops or just crops or trees on it - 50 manure.

Thanks so much for the updates. Would have loved Farm 8, but beggars can't be picky. :) Merry Christmas to all, I know what's keeping me entertained for Christmas.

Well the next update will have farm 8 :)

Lavenda
Dec 23 2010, 07:25 PM
thanks Raul, lots to play with! It's a nice present for us, Merry Christmas to you & all the devs!

Che-Rah
Dec 23 2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks, Raul for the awesome Christmas presents!

Simera
Dec 23 2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks Dev's! And a Merry Christmas to y'all, too!
Gift-cards on its way to 2 of my neighbours, and one new facility, and the new fertilizer, it's on my Farms.
Great!

But I still need a horse that seems like he's had some food and love in his life. The one we have now looks rather depressed. LOL

Next update maybe??

Regards
Simera :)

Wilde Lily
Dec 23 2010, 07:30 PM
Excellent upgrade! Thank you, and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

Marjo
Dec 23 2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks Raoul! This sounds great! Have a great Christmas also for the developers! You guys make this game awesome for me :) A great play and relaxation (or stress when I choose to), and fun :)

<3 from Norway!

L-S
Dec 23 2010, 07:52 PM
the Facilities manager is a nice step in the right direction

I would still like an 'empty all done' button

lavanah
Dec 23 2010, 07:55 PM
Thank you Raul, all very fun. Good job.

servocrow
Dec 23 2010, 07:55 PM
YAY! I knew something was going on....can't wait to check everything out!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

I LOVE THE FACILITY MANAGER!!!!

Jennifer Michelle
Dec 23 2010, 07:57 PM
Thank you Devs ... great update ... the facilities manager is great, will be looking for the increased functionality ... the new Manure Spreader is wonderful ... my trees are now highlighted showing that they are going to have double production and a set of trees that matured just after I purchased the spreader DID double their output ...

Bought the new Distillery and immediately put it into action ... WHOA ... had my friend hit it and they blew up with an Error ... had another try it and they erred out ... x205 Link error I believe is what they are getting ... :( ... was anxious to have some new spirits for the Christmas Spirit ...

Tony D
Dec 23 2010, 07:58 PM
Thank you Devs ... great update ... the facilities manager is great, will be looking for the increased functionality ... the new Manure Spreader is wonderful ... my trees are now highlighted showing that they are going to have double production and a set of trees that matured just after I purchased the spreader DID double their output ...

Bought the new Distillery and immediately put it into action ... WHOA ... had my friend hit it and they blew up with an Error ... had another try it and they erred out ... x205 Link error I believe is what they are getting ... :( ... was anxious to have some new spirits for the Christmas Spirit ...
Hi, the developers have been advised of this problem....

katupatree
Dec 23 2010, 08:00 PM
Should have known something was happening. Farm Town only gets better and better. Thanks and Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!1

Macshelly
Dec 23 2010, 08:03 PM
Love the Facility Manager!!!

Thank you so much for a great game, & Merry Christmas to all!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks! Love the tree fertilizer and the facility manager. At some point, could we get a "switch view" for animals so we can have some that are a little less cartoonish? We have so many other nice things that are realistic looking now. I'd love to have the option of more realistic looking animals, too.

TraceyMush
Dec 23 2010, 08:05 PM
Thank you for the adorable little deer! And more storage OMG!

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME FREE GAME!! Love you guys!
}:o

rocker grrrrrl
Dec 23 2010, 08:09 PM
Bought the distillery... says I need barley malt.... Is that just harvested barley, or is that something else entirely??

Love the new upgrade, thanks so much!! :-)

Momma Woods
Dec 23 2010, 08:09 PM
I cannot work neighbors facility. Keep getting ' Error Servoing Data. Error x025. Click the green tick to reload game.'

Rob T
Dec 23 2010, 08:12 PM
Bought the distillery... says I need barley malt.... Is that just harvested barley, or is that something else entirely??

The barley malt is produced in the Oast & Malt house, which uses the barley harvest.

Rob T
Dec 23 2010, 08:13 PM
I cannot work neighbors facility. Keep getting ' Error Servoing Data. Error x025. Click the green tick to reload game.'

The developers have been alerted to this error, hopefully it will be fixed soon, it has effected everyone

LoreneC
Dec 23 2010, 08:13 PM

Barley malt is made in the oast and malt facility. It is coins!

dfrodo
Dec 23 2010, 08:22 PM
Great new stuff LOVE the animals! Just bought the distillery also ,looks fantastic! but...check out the vodka...CORN! bleeeeecckkkkk :( try wheat/rye or of corse potato but never corn omg).

Toranut97
Dec 23 2010, 08:25 PM
I LOVE this update! The Facilities Manager is awesome! The new animals -- charming. I am very impressed with your creativity.

Merry Christmas and a Farmtown New Year, Devs and everyone!!!

KarenJT
Dec 23 2010, 08:31 PM
...I was able to get into my facilities. Have been unable to access ANY or tools of my own or neighbors. Can't work their facilities either. This has been happening since Dec. 15...9 days of serious withdrawal! Hopefully, with the roll out of the latest goodies my issues will finally clear & I can get back to some serious farming & working my facilities to the hilt. Thanks for making the game incredible! I enjoy/ed it sooo much. Merry Christmas to all the dev's & mod's.:D

angel_p
Dec 23 2010, 08:33 PM

I bought it, and on my farms that I had already feetilized, the trees were already done as soon as I bought it. On the farm w/ no crops, I had to fertilize the trees.
Hope that helps

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 23 2010, 08:33 PM
...I was able to get into my facilities. Have been unable to access ANY or tools of my own or neighbors. Can't work their facilities either. This has been happening since Dec. 15...9 days of serious withdrawal! Hopefully, with the roll out of the latest goodies my issues will finally clear & I can get back to some serious farming & working my facilities to the hilt. Thanks for making the game incredible! I enjoy/ed it sooo much. Merry Christmas to all the dev's & mod's.:D

Hi, as you can see by the posts above you there are others with this problem and appears to affect everyone and has been sent on to the devs in regards to the error message :)

Pebbles69
Dec 23 2010, 08:36 PM
Already got the vodka, rum, brandi going. Going to be an exciting Christmas at my house today

musicman1215
Dec 23 2010, 08:38 PM
I have seen the new animals you devs put into the store, and btw great job on the other stuff. Are any of these animals functional, such as the calf, so the calf can grow into a full grown cow? If not, I think it would be an awesome idea if we could feed calfs until they are full grown cows. That way, we can add the full grown cows into the dairy shed facility without having to request for cows all the time

w4rpe Keith
Dec 23 2010, 08:43 PM
When help is posted on the facebook home page. The farm that I am trying to help loads and it asks me if I want to help and I say ok then the error message shows up. Can some one please help me with this.

Tony D
Dec 23 2010, 08:45 PM
When help is posted on the facebook home page. The farm that I am trying to help loads and it asks me if I want to help and I say ok then the error message shows up. Can some one please help me with this.Hi, it is a known issue that the developers are working on

AZHorseLady
Dec 23 2010, 08:48 PM
I love it!!! Thanks, Danke, Gracias!!!!!!
too soon to start complaining :-D

Farmer Shelton
Dec 23 2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the holiday release. Looking forward to tinkering with the facility manager!

marwahr
Dec 23 2010, 08:53 PM
Just used the Facility Manager - love it. Hope one of the "future" enhancements to it is "empty" all button for the facilities. Regardless even with the "error" note when friends/neighbors come to work my facilities right now I'm not worried because I know the devs will get to it quickly. Thanks so much for the additional fun fun fun!!! :)

SunnyD
Dec 23 2010, 09:04 PM
loving this update.. great Christmas Present.... wondering if they are going to add flowers to one of the manure spreaders or will there be yet another one coming.. kind of waiting to buy another one to see.......

gramme65
Dec 23 2010, 09:25 PM
Thank you Raul and Merry Christmas...this is a wonderful Christmas gift for us..love the ability to buy the new facility with coins! Can't wait for farm 8! Looks like a great New Year coming.

merianb
Dec 23 2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks for your hard work! Merry Christmas to all of you.

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 23 2010, 09:27 PM
Hi guys! Just had word from Raul that the error thing should be fixed!

SunnyD
Dec 23 2010, 09:31 PM
Hi guys! Just had word from Raul that the error thing should be fixed!

Thanks DT your the best.... Love this game and the mods and the FT dev's are just awesome... I am so glad my sisters begged me and bugged me to do this game.......though they don't play any more and I actually have their farms lol too funny......

SallyL
Dec 23 2010, 09:34 PM
Thank you!!!!! Merry Christmas. :-)

Bobby Jo
Dec 23 2010, 09:35 PM
Perhaps it might be time to consider a new dealership for tools. I mean, I have already spent 50 farmcash for a manure spreader, but to upgrade, I need to spend another 40? Why not allow me to trade in the older model and pay a modest fee to upgrade to the bigger model. That would have been helpful with all the farm equipment, as I used to have all the 2 x 2's, then moved up to a 4 x 4. Would have helped out a whole bunch to have a trade up value.

I agree. That is a heck of a lot of money for just trees when we already have one manure spreader.

Though I do appreciate the facility manager. <3

JennaSweetness
Dec 23 2010, 09:39 PM
Thank you devs for this wonderful update! :) I love the facility manager. I hope you can fix the issue with neighbors not being able to work in our facilities quickly. Can't wait for the next update with farm 8 and new levels.

Thanks for all your hard work. I love this game. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year!

Happy Holidays!

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 23 2010, 09:39 PM
Thank you devs for this wonderful update! :) I love the facility manager. I hope you can fix the issue with neighbors not being able to work in our facilities quickly. Can't wait for the next update with farm 8 and new levels.

Thanks for all your hard work. I love this game. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year!

Happy Holidays!

Hi, just posted that the error thing should be fixed now :)

slashdot
Dec 23 2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks for all the new goodies Raul. Merry Christmas!!!

taxpro4u03
Dec 23 2010, 09:57 PM
The Orange Spreader will fertilize ALL -- crops AND trees -- Uses same amount of manure as it did before --

1fritz
Dec 23 2010, 09:59 PM
WOW:D Thank you Raul and Devs.. evey update gets better and better:D

Love the distillery have wanted one for a long time. and fertilized trees:D

You all are the best!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS :D

Thank you thank you

Fritz

gramme65
Dec 23 2010, 09:59 PM
WOW! That facility manager is WONDERFUL!!! Makes my work now FUN FUN FUN...Thank you again

SunnyD
Dec 23 2010, 10:00 PM
yup it is working great now DT.... just started doing friends farms that had posted and i tried earlier to do... thanks your the best......

Tyler45
Dec 23 2010, 10:01 PM
Some new features that I like! Good deal.

nanasuieb
Dec 23 2010, 10:11 PM
What a fabulous Christmas present!!!!!! Thank you very much, Raul and Devs.

kondor
Dec 23 2010, 10:12 PM
The distillery is an excellent addition! Gives us something to take the edge off all the time outs and errors. :)

Seriously, the facility manager is an excellent add as well. I am hopeful that some better long term planning is going on for facilities. A unique aspect for this game.

luddy
Dec 23 2010, 10:13 PM
THANKS Raul!! I know this is probably a dumb question....but how do we utilize the "utilization" part of the farm facilities manage? I'm confused....LOL

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 23 2010, 10:25 PM
THANKS Raul!! I know this is probably a dumb question....but how do we utilize the "utilization" part of the farm facilities manage? I'm confused....LOL

This is a new tool located on the Extended Toolbox to make it easier to navigate and manage your facilities. For now, you can see all your facilities in the current farm, with summarized information and with the hability to open them and sort them in several ways.

I've already used it to fill up facilities...I click the AZ symbol and set it to "done" to collect from my facilities. Then "utilize" shows which facilities you are utilizing the most and I filled them up that way.

JAS0643
Dec 23 2010, 10:52 PM
I have a question. If a person doesn't own the red manure spreader and they buy the orange spreader will it fertilize crops and trees or just trees?

rabbit8
Dec 23 2010, 10:53 PM
I love the new animals and look forward to using the grass and hills. But I have to ask a question. I have a camel; it said to put it in the stables. Why doesn't it go with the sheep or will be be using camel hair in the future? Camel hair is used in coats etc. Will the stables be made into a "facility" in the future?

Rob T
Dec 23 2010, 10:54 PM
I have a question. If a person doesn't own the red manure spreader and they buy the orange spreader will it fertilize crops and trees or just trees?

It will fertilize both crops and trees from using either orange or red doesn't matter which you use.

ETA: as DT pointed out, you must own the red one aswell as the orange one

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 23 2010, 10:54 PM

You can't buy the orange one without the red one.

nanasplace
Dec 23 2010, 11:00 PM
Can I say that I truly enjoy this game the best of all Facebook games! You devs are top notch! Even though I never have enuff Farm bucks (hoping Santa brings me some;)) I so enjoy the game and waiting on farm 8 & 9, with maybe some day even more farms! I never run out of ideas just room!
THANK YOU AND A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY TO ALL!!!

CynthiaSue
Dec 23 2010, 11:06 PM
It is a nice update. I especially like the tree manure spreader and the facility manager. However, in my view, the update is not a "gift", (though one could consider the facility manager one I suppose). We have lots of updates all year around. An update is them selling, and us buying, either with coins we have worked for, or real money. Now, in my view, a gift does not cost anything at all.

Even if they don't give us a Christmas gift, this is still my favorite game on facebook. I really would love to see breeding or something as a change from facilities. However, I still enjoy the game. A real gift would really be a plus.

w4rpe Keith
Dec 23 2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the reply. It is now working fine now.

Witch Hazel
Dec 23 2010, 11:18 PM
Thank you devs! I love the new distillery! Yay i get to plant mint! Happy Holidays to you all!

DARLENEW
Dec 23 2010, 11:25 PM
What a wonderful Christmas present, Raul.....you are the greatest!!!! Have a wonderful Christmas, and thanks for all of your hard work...you are appreciated!!!!!!!!!:):):):):)

c.abell
Dec 24 2010, 12:02 AM
I really like the Facilities Manager. Especially, the Utilization percentages. I think I can use that to improve my playing skills - showing me where I am short and on which ingredients I need more production. Looking forward to see how the devs improve it. Can't wait for another farm; might as well add two more while you're at it. :)

LadyLen
Dec 24 2010, 12:02 AM
OMG TYTYTYTYTYTYTY you guys rock!!!!!!!!!!

artisanrox
Dec 24 2010, 12:10 AM
WIN

As soon as I'm not working a bunch of hours, I'mma gonna get myself that distillery! :D

Thankx Raul and devs :)

Docperk
Dec 24 2010, 12:22 AM
the Facilities manager is a nice step in the right direction

I would still like an 'empty all done' button

I like that idea.

Docperk
Dec 24 2010, 12:44 AM
This is a new tool located on the Extended Toolbox to make it easier to navigate and manage your facilities. For now, you can see all your facilities in the current farm, with summarized information and with the hability to open them and sort them in several ways.

I've already used it to fill up facilities...I click the AZ symbol and set it to "done" to collect from my facilities. Then "utilize" shows which facilities you are utilizing the most and I filled them up that way.

--
The Facility Manager is a great idea, only I haven't figured out to use it to my benefit yet. I have my facilities arranged to where I hit the ones that produce things for the next one. i.e the Open Pit Mine then Mineral Mine, and then the Ceramic Factory. In the Facility Manager the Ceramic Factory is listed first and the others are way down in the list. So I guess we need some sort of Functional order to list them. Make since?

Doc

Docperk
Dec 24 2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks for all the updates, I already got the distiller and seriously thinking about the new spreader but waiting on cash. I was sure hoping to see Yeast available as a gift or at least increased production in the semi-trailer. Maybe next release, please.
thanks again and Merry Christmas.

TraceyMush
Dec 24 2010, 01:38 AM
Does anyone else notice the new animals (l love them!) are a little hyperactive? l clicked the little deer to sit down so he did. Then he commenced getting up and sitting again and again. Same as the peacock spread wings and the boy deer kicking his feet up.

Phanny
Dec 24 2010, 01:57 AM
Oh yum - I love the new animals- those wee calves are just the cutest. Fabulous upgrade once again - thanks heaps Devs

Heletia
Dec 24 2010, 02:36 AM
Thank you so much. :-)

Granny45
Dec 24 2010, 02:42 AM
you guys are awesome, thank you

tricia g
Dec 24 2010, 02:52 AM
Thanx Devs, great updates.
Just treated my self to an early Christmas pressie , farm cash = new tools and facility YEY
have promised to stay off Farm Town tomorrow though :( wonder if I can get up earlier than the children just to have a little addiction fix LOL

pat909
Dec 24 2010, 03:34 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love this update! Merry Christmas to all of you!

Tuppy Love
Dec 24 2010, 04:08 AM
Raul, Devs; Thank you so much !!! Love the new animals,and so much more !!! I did notice too that when I work at a facility and it has the scroll bar to show more, that now it doesn't automatically scroll back up after you click on an item. TY TY TY !!!! You guys are the greatest and I must add that you honestly listen to what the players say and request. This truly makes Farmtown the BEST game ever !!!!!!!
Hint, hint, how about the loose sand that we've been requesting ? Loose sand for 100 coin,for full farm coverage just like the snow. Can't wait till you give it to us !!!!! You ARE, right ?? Merry Christmas and may you and yours have a Happy and safe New Year. God Bless !!

Textmum
Dec 24 2010, 04:21 AM
Oh what a lovely surprise, the presents won't get wrapped at this rate!! Love the new facility manager,
Thank you, Happy Christmas everyone.

jazzyjude
Dec 24 2010, 04:59 AM
Thanks Raul & The devs for a WONDERFUL Christmas present! Love #6 already! Just planted Flax for the new facilities!

**Just curious, does the new calf and lamb produce wool for our facilities?

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year! Thanks for all you do!

Jude =)

caba
Dec 24 2010, 05:36 AM
Merry Christmas and thank you xxxxxx

al_bundy
Dec 24 2010, 05:52 AM
fantastic

how many farms will there be?

hoping for at least 12.

unicorn37757
Dec 24 2010, 06:09 AM
Thanks so much, looking forward to the new levels & extra farm too!

kondor
Dec 24 2010, 06:26 AM
fantastic

how many farms will there be?

hoping for at least 12.

12/23 update nicely done from a variety standpoint but Egads! The servers cannot even handle 7! Of course, 12 would fit in with the 12 days of Christmas. If you are looking for a theme! :)

I like a lot about this update but am full board into a mothball and wait mode on facilities until all these errors and such get sorted out and they are much more manageable from a time standpoint. ;)

al_bundy
Dec 24 2010, 06:34 AM
it is good to see the fix to the time it takes to load the facilities on your farm but the problem still remains when working your neighbours facilities

when your working your friends facilities it takes forever as say your working the bakery facility and it has 10 lines to be worked after you have worked the last line and close the facility the request to work the next facility comes up but here is the problem if you click yes ok before the XP has finished counting up from the last facility the next facility wont open and you often lose track of where you were and have to start from the beginning again.

Lorraine Millett Snyder
Dec 24 2010, 07:16 AM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. New Animals and Hills (Coins): 5 new animals on the gift page and 4 more animals in the store. Also, 3 different set of Hills now available on the Paths/Ground category: plain grass, tall grass and semi-dry grass. There are also a coupple of Sand Hills at the end.

2. Easy to Return Gifts: When you accept a gift, the confirmation page now have a new section to 'Send a gift back to your friend' to easily return the favor. Notice this section will only be visible if you haven't sent a gift to that friend recently.

3. Fertilizer for Trees (FC): If you already own the *Red* Manure Spreader and you buy the *Orange* Manure Spreader, then every time you fertilize a farm using ANY of them, both, crops and trees will be fertilized. Fertilized trees will produce 2 boxes when harvested and 2 log piles when chopped.

Notice you only need to fertilize a farm once, with any of the Spreaders, it doesn't matter which. You can also use the Manure Spreader in the Extended Tool box.

If you don't like the highliht effect on crops or trees you can disable it in the Preference window.

[UPDATE:] There is no additional consumption of manure, it remains the same as before.

4. Harvest storage increased by 50%.

5. Facility optimization (launched a couple of weeks ago): There should be far less network requests when using your facilities, so working on them should be faster, with less timeouts when you move from one facility to the next or when you start farming after closing a facility.

7. Producing Yarn and Rope in the Textile and Spinning Mill: The 'Textile Mill' has been upgraded to 'Textile and Spinning Mill' and will also produce Linen Yarn and Rope from the new Flax crop, and Wool Yarn from Sheep Wool.

8. Knitting and Knotting Mill (FC): Allows you to produce Knitting Clothes and Knotted Products out of the Yarn and Ropes you produce on the Textile and Spinning Mill:

Hay Net
Hammock
Scarf
Snow Cap
Lace Dress
Doily
Boots

9. Distillery (Coins): Allows you to produce Spirits and Liqueurs:

Vodka
Whiskey
Brandy
Rum
Creme de Menthe

Farm 8 and new levels comming on the next release.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

you are awesome . you sure have made this fun and interesting as someone that started way back when it was hard to work ....

artisanrox
Dec 24 2010, 07:18 AM
--
The Facility Manager is a great idea, only I haven't figured out to use it to my benefit yet.

I think it's nice to be able to now easily go in and out of facilities and see what's being done, but I think players who are bent on filling every facility to max would appreciate this tool the most.

I have to play my crops and facilities around my real job (not a problem at all, i still love the game, it's just a fact of my so-called life), so I simply cannot play the way I would to have everything maxed all the time.

Not that it isn't a good idea though!!! :D

I have my facilities arranged to where I hit the ones that produce things for the next one. i.e the Open Pit Mine then Mineral Mine, and then the Ceramic Factory. In the Facility Manager the Ceramic Factory is listed first and the others are way down in the list. So I guess we need some sort of Functional order to list them. Make since?

Doc

Good idea! :D

tharcicia
Dec 24 2010, 07:30 AM
I like to thank the dev's for this wonderful update especially the facility manager is awesome.

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your holidays you deserve it! ;)

Mrs Mags
Dec 24 2010, 07:30 AM

Yep!! Nana is too busy for Christmas this year too :D

Reta J
Dec 24 2010, 08:08 AM
Awesome update!! What a wonderful Christmas present! Thank you Raul & Devs!!! Merry Christmas to you all and all my wonderful friends here! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

driverdave
Dec 24 2010, 08:34 AM
twas the night before christmas
and all through the house
not a sound to be heard
except a hand on a mouse

it cos we are all farming
with the great new update
thats kept us all up late
and we all think it is great

the facility manager
is a fabulous thing
sorting my factorys
now goes with a zing

the hills are alive
and the animals are hyper
time for me to shoosh
cos im not a great typer

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL AND A HUGE THANK YOU TO THE DEVELOPERS

StoneFace
Dec 24 2010, 08:42 AM
Okay, try this problem on for size:

I have lots of Cedar Trees because they are my favorite looking tree. I also harvest/cut them.
I have them placed on different farms in two rows.... the front row spaced out every third spot or so, and the back row right next to each other. It is the back row I cut down, and the front row is left for decoration.

I bought the SDPS - Super Dooper Pooper Scooper - and my trees produce double.

except...

The Cedar Trees on some farms do not get fertilized while all the other trees do.

and

On some farms (where I cut every other Cedar tree) only the ones I have been cutting show the "F". The others do not.

any thoughts?

Yes, I refresh etc.

as an example... if you visit Fattoria Sesto, you will see even the Oak Tree stumps show "F", as do harvested Rubber trees etc. Yet the Cedar Trees which were not harvested and not "F"ed

Mysticveg
Dec 24 2010, 08:45 AM
The Facility Manager is a superb addition. Thanks. Merry Christmas :)

driverdave
Dec 24 2010, 09:00 AM
Okay, try this problem on for size:

I have lots of Cedar Trees because they are my favorite looking tree. I also harvest/cut them.
I have them placed on different farms in two rows.... the front row spaced out every third spot or so, and the back row right next to each other. It is the back row I cut down, and the front row is left for decoration.

I bought the SDPS - Super Dooper Pooper Scooper - and my trees produce double.

except...

The Cedar Trees on some farms do not get fertilized while all the other trees do.

and

On some farms (where I cut every other Cedar tree) only the ones I have been cutting show the "F". The others do not.

any thoughts?

Yes, I refresh etc.

as an example... if you visit Fattoria Sesto, you will see even the Oak Tree stumps show "F", as do harvested Rubber trees etc. Yet the Cedar Trees which were not harvested and not "F"ed

just a thpught...mabe you need to harvest the cedars that are decorative just once for them to become fertilised????

al_bundy
Dec 24 2010, 09:06 AM
if the trees were ready to be cut or harvested when you fertilised they wont become fertilised untill they are cut or harvested then they will be

Sig
Dec 24 2010, 09:11 AM
oh. you wonderful, wonderful people just basically allowed me to double my trees. what a delightful Christmas present!!! :D :D :D

and, i love the new facilities manager.

you guys rock, keep up the fantastic work!!!! :D

dianedrayson
Dec 24 2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks for all the new items. How lovely to get them in time for Christmas playing, and a day early so the devs would have time to fix some of the inevitable bugs.

I'm looking forward to farm 8 and so pleased that it didn't come this time. I'm saving up for it and hoping that when it comes I'll have enough coins to just go to the office and buy one land upgrade after another and get it to full size straight away. Wouldn't that be good? I'm only at a billion coins so far.

I'm also looking forward to new levels so I can get the new manure spreader, even if I have to add some farm cash.

I'm not so sure about the new knitting and knotting mill. I'll wait to see what the Game Guide says. So far I've thought that all the textile stuff is seriously under-rewarded. I'm also sorry that it takes sheep wool instead of llama wool, as I run out of sheep wool with the toy factory but have loads of llama wool left over.

However, another fun update that will make me plant some different crops.

Sheryl R.
Dec 24 2010, 09:30 AM
OMG How Super Cool is the Facility Manager. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy some more FC for the tree manure spreader but that's okay I've been a good girl and I deserve another treat. Now just don't go and ask around I say I've been a good girl and that's all that counts. LOL Thanks Dev's!!!!!

Carabi
Dec 24 2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks for all your hard work and all the new stuff!! The new animals are a bit cartoony for me to want to use however... nice ideas, but not too realistic.... just saying, lol. Maybe in the future you will fix that, hehe. ;)

pelicn
Dec 24 2010, 10:01 AM
What a Christmas present!! Thanks Devs!!! :D:D:D

Blitzen
Dec 24 2010, 10:51 AM
I enjoy farm town so much! I would like to wish all of the creators of farm town 'A Very Merry Christmas' and 'Happy New Year'. :D

zardalu
Dec 24 2010, 11:11 AM
I bought the orange manure spreader. I already had the red one. Can I sell the red one now without loss of functionality? I know it's only 1500 coins, but it's still one less item to keep in storage...

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 24 2010, 11:16 AM
--
The Facility Manager is a great idea, only I haven't figured out to use it to my benefit yet. I have my facilities arranged to where I hit the ones that produce things for the next one. i.e the Open Pit Mine then Mineral Mine, and then the Ceramic Factory. In the Facility Manager the Ceramic Factory is listed first and the others are way down in the list. So I guess we need some sort of Functional order to list them. Make since?

Doc

You can list it alphabetically, by what is done, or which building is fully utilized...by the AZ symbol.

zardalu
Dec 24 2010, 11:21 AM

You cannot buy the orange one by itself. You have to buy the red one first. So a trade-in makes no sense. The way to look at it is this: If you want to fertilise only crops, you pay 50 Farm Cash. If you want to fertilise crops and trees, you pay 90 Farm Cash. Someone starting Farm Town today would still have to pay the same for the orange one (90). So everyone pays the same, regardless of whether the orange one existed when they started.

lulu836
Dec 24 2010, 11:37 AM
Still a question.......if you have the red one then buy the orange can you sell the red one to recoup a few dollars?

Laird MacLachlainn
Dec 24 2010, 11:55 AM
Many thanks for the fantastic upgrade especially for the introduction of the distilleries.
The Farmtown Santa Devs have fullfilled my Christmas wishes as
distilleries had been a suggestion of mine.

Now that we have breweries and wineries I would like to suggest the availability of distilleries would be another interesting asset for Farmtown to introduce. :)

https://hjhw3a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1m2d7bf7OsA4cKlc1v63O3KeHn2NHmHBMitjGohYUv2StvN8X Ndfz2srtyUcwMj5n0b3Vr6pBLiYhEL266vlG8g4UhS9j-EjtJwPQ-0mc3jIKjXPo1woqBh9irk-hqlG86uE4BVDYghXZQYZ3NAGztOg/Distillery....jpg?psid

Here's wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2011.

Sláinte Mhath!
(scots gaelic meaning Good Health! or Cheers!)

StoneFace
Dec 24 2010, 12:38 PM
just a thpught...mabe you need to harvest the cedars that are decorative just once for them to become fertilised????

good thought.... but then it is only the Cedar trees that show this quirk.... and only the ones that I usually don't harvest..

I am going to chop them all down anyway and see what happens.

I have a neighbor who buys all the logs for her "Essential Thingy", so they won't go to waste

Digger Margee
Dec 24 2010, 01:52 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS. You folks are the best!
I have very much enjoyed the new FarmTown with all of the facilities and numerous farms this year. You've made so many improvements, the list is too long to mention here, except to say THANK YOU!

I laugh everytime I fertilize with cow-poop raining down from above. hahahaha Great humor.

Thanks again,
Digger Margee

gammymbw
Dec 24 2010, 02:18 PM
I just cannot say enough good about you all. The Facility Manager is one of the best things you have done for us. I love it!!! I think it is awesome. I can't thank you enough
to show you how much I love this. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and Holiday
season. I wish you nothing but the best for the new year.

Rob T
Dec 24 2010, 02:22 PM
good thought.... but then it is only the Cedar trees that show this quirk.... and only the ones that I usually don't harvest..

I am going to chop them all down anyway and see what happens.

I have a neighbor who buys all the logs for her "Essential Thingy", so they won't go to waste

Any crops or choppable trees that are 100% complete at the time of fertilizing wont get fertilized :)

meinhardt76
Dec 24 2010, 03:27 PM
Thank you for the new additions.

FarmerSyl
Dec 24 2010, 03:40 PM
Why are we using corn to make vodka instead of rye, potatoes or wheat?

Also we could have used the water towers for water storage (RAIN WATER) to add to the vodka and other things. :confused:

Sheryl R.
Dec 24 2010, 03:51 PM
I know I've said it once but have to say it again. That Facility Manager is the BEST OF THE BEST!!!! Be sure and tell the Dev's Awesome thinking on that one.

trishwareham
Dec 24 2010, 03:54 PM

No when I did mine today it did all trees and crops with no extra - in fact my fertilized farms automatically showed trees as fertilized as soon as put my new spreader into storage. I too have farms with trees but no crops so I did have to fertilize them at the same rate

Lady Hawke
Dec 24 2010, 04:32 PM
But I still need a horse that seems like he's had some food and love in his life. The one we have now looks rather depressed. LOL

Next update maybe??

Regards
Simera :)

A horse with spots would make me very happy!!

aughty
Dec 24 2010, 05:27 PM
Saving my coins for farm 8.

Thanks for the upgrades. Happy holidays to the crew behind the scene.

Suzie Brown-Dehner
Dec 24 2010, 05:54 PM
Awesome upgrades... Love the facility manger icon. Thank you!

jdrangers
Dec 24 2010, 06:39 PM
I am LOVING that facility manager!!!!

StoneFace
Dec 24 2010, 06:40 PM
Any crops or choppable trees that are 100% complete at the time of fertilizing wont get fertilized :)

duh..... I should have known that :rolleyes:

Thanks, Rob..... Merry Christmas

StoneFace
Dec 24 2010, 06:53 PM
Saving my coins for farm 8.

Thanks for the upgrades. Happy holidays to the crew behind the scene.

Hahahaha

Yeah, and if the cost of #7 was just under 1 Billion $$$$$$$$..... can you guess what the cost of #8 is going to be?

As long as it is under 2Billion, I can buy one for each set.... and then start almost from scratch with a quarter mill or so.

Gee..... "it's just not fair that......." (wanted to get the whine in early for those that will have fits with the cost.)

Maybe there will be a requirement to have 50 neighbors, or have a couple million exp points.

I think that an exp point requirement would make some sense as both a requirement and a reward for those who have played a LOT.

:eek:

Now I will hide behind an Rubber Tree so the hurled stones will bounce off.

zardalu
Dec 24 2010, 07:04 PM
Hahahaha

Yeah, and if the cost of #7 was just under 1 Billion $$$$$$$$..... can you guess what the cost of #8 is going to be?

As long as it is under 2Billion, I can buy one for each set.... and then start almost from scratch with a quarter mill or so.

Gee..... "it's just not fair that......." (wanted to get the whine in early for those that will have fits with the cost.)

Maybe there will be a requirement to have 50 neighbors, or have a couple million exp points.

I think that an exp point requirement would make some sense as both a requirement and a reward for those who have played a LOT.

:eek:

Now I will hide behind an Rubber Tree so the hurled stones will bounce off.

Or how about those USELESS throphies that each give you so few XP? The 5000 visit one is by far the hardest thing to get. And what is our reward for that? Only bragging rights. Those trophies are worthless. Either make them worth more or eliminate them altogether. What's the use?

CaroleSB
Dec 24 2010, 08:09 PM
Yesterday I said I was in love with the facility manager.....and I still am! BUT, I hadn't used the gift-giver yet. Wonderful!! Being able send gifts to the people that send to me helps make sure I don't miss returning any favors. Now, if you can just convince Facebook to do away with the screen to send to email addresses after each sent gift! :)

I know.....we're never completely satisfied, huh? At least this time, it isn't Farm Town's problem. :)

rhinolola
Dec 24 2010, 08:25 PM
I like the new STUFF but what happened to the graphics quality. The whole scene looks really rough and lots of details have been lost...only in FarmTown tho, all my other apps are fine. So I know it is not a computer issue!

bjbutterfli
Dec 24 2010, 08:58 PM
Loving my farms. can't wait for the 8 th farm LOL :) thanks to all behind the scenes
Merry Christmas or happy Holidays to all

deballen
Dec 24 2010, 10:05 PM
Merry Christmas. Awesome improvements. Why do the barns and coop not show up in the facilities manager?

GrannyParker
Dec 24 2010, 10:07 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, AND I CANNOT WAIT FOR 8 RAUL!!!!!! bUT ALL OF THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!

Gary V Deutschmann Sr
Dec 24 2010, 10:11 PM
GREAT Release!

I also would like to wish the Developers, Programmers, Maintainers and Staff of Slashkey and their families a Very Merry Christmas!
Plus say Thank You for providing the VERY BEST Game on FaceBook!

PS - Thanks for the Storage Increase! I noticed no overflow errors for the past week!

TTUL
Gary

harvest only
Dec 24 2010, 10:22 PM
hi! i was wondering if you can answer my question i meet someone here in farmtown and we got a long well we usually talk here, is there a way i can find who the person is behind the avatar? i was shy to ask his name since i am the girl can u pls tell me how? thank you very much and merry christmas

Ellen Betty Nelson
Dec 24 2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the quick gifts return. That makes it much easier to send a gift to the exact person who has just given one to me. sometimes that got confusing as the name on the gift was not the same or was similar to others on my lists of friends

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 24 2010, 11:02 PM
hi! i was wondering if you can answer my question i meet someone here in farmtown and we got a long well we usually talk here, is there a way i can find who the person is behind the avatar? i was shy to ask his name since i am the girl can u pls tell me how? thank you very much and merry christmas

Nope, real names, unless used by the person, won't be found anywhere. Perhaps if you run into her you can buddy her and then find out from there if she wishes :)

SueW170
Dec 24 2010, 11:08 PM
I'm more of less on FT holiday to catch up with work at home and at the office, but gotta take a look-see at the new animals. Like the idea of the added functions to the Textile Mill.
The new functionalities sound good, though may take some getting used to since things were working just fine for me as was.

SirDaywalker
Dec 24 2010, 11:18 PM
Fabulous
:cool:
Just Fabulous.
:)
Thanks Raul & the Dev's and Team of FT Elves.
;)

"...It's going to be a very Groovy Christmas after all, Charlie Brown"
:rolleyes:

:D

grannygoose0655
Dec 24 2010, 11:47 PM
Don't know where to ask this so here goes, do the new animals do anything like ducks laying eggs and so on? If so I want a lot but will wait to find out.

Thank you, cindy

bluehair
Dec 24 2010, 11:50 PM
Hahahaha

do you mean to get the 24X24 plot? because I have all 7 farms and only have 83 million coins Im pretty sure farm 7 was only about 5 million to get the 12X12 lot.

cr8054
Dec 24 2010, 11:53 PM
Well now that we have the distillery for coins, will there be a Farm Cash facility like a pub to boost the profit to go with it in the future?

Queen.of.Clutter
Dec 25 2010, 12:21 AM
Not too sure I like the new gift thing ..... I tried it, and it goes like this:

CLICK
CLICK
SCROLL
CLICK
CLICK
CLICK
CLICK
CLICK

7 clicks and a scroll (to choose what gift to send) seems like an awful lot of clicking ... I still find it easier to just write down all the names of the people who send, then just accept the gift, hit my back button for the page, and keep accepting till they are done. Then just go to the gift section and use my list. LESS than half the time, although they all get the same gift (I try to mix it up daily, with the limits it's hard to keep track).

I wish there were an easier way ..... maybe one day ! Besides that, I absolutely LOVE the Facility Manager and the other updates !! Awaiting farm # 8 !!!

abby21
Dec 25 2010, 01:36 AM
Awesome as always

Alice813
Dec 25 2010, 03:54 AM
This is great ! Now if you can just put the storage of items in a separate market. It is a pain to look at your items in storage quickly because you have to wait for all the harvest and products to load first.
Merry Christmas !

theperfectnina
Dec 25 2010, 07:02 AM
I totally agreed regarding paying 50 for the red manure spreader and then ANOTHER 40 for the orange one. It is TOTALLY unfair to us that have spent money on the red one when all we had to do was wait. I have requested my 50 cash back and will wait until after Christmas for a reply. I think this is so greedy and **** unfair of them to pay us back like that.

Tokeloshe
Dec 25 2010, 07:11 AM
I totally agreed regarding paying 50 for the red manure spreader and then ANOTHER 40 for the orange one. It is TOTALLY unfair to us that have spent money on the red one when all we had to do was wait. I have requested my 50 cash back and will wait until after Christmas for a reply. I think this is so greedy and **** unfair of them to pay us back like that.

You need both - you didn't waste your money.

Awesome guys - love the facility manager

HelenJS22
Dec 25 2010, 07:41 AM
What a lovely way to finish off Christmas Day. To come home and find a Farm Town upgrade. I didn't know that I'd get a present from Slashkey :) Thank you.

Hillie
Dec 25 2010, 09:30 AM
Thank you for all your hard work keeping us all happy and busy. Good thing I have Monday off, it will take me days to redecorate my farms. The new updates are GREAT. I do have one problem though. I currently own the Stables which already has animals in it. However, when I try to add the camel, I get a message saying that I have to own the stable? And, yes, I am on the farm with the stable when I am trying to add the camel. Don't know if anyone else is having a problem with this?

Charo
Dec 25 2010, 10:16 AM
Thank you!! Merry Christmas!

vsksmom
Dec 25 2010, 10:54 AM
You are awesome Raul and all. Can't wait for farm 8 and 9. So much to do and so little time. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

dianedrayson
Dec 25 2010, 11:04 AM
The update is great fun as usual.

I've done my usual taxing my brain thing and have decided the devs need to spend more time in the real world in an alcohol shop. Barrel for barrel we actually get more coins for white wine (either 1 year or 2 year) than we do for brandy. Surely brandy should bring in more! It

dianedrayson
Dec 25 2010, 11:07 AM
Is it just me? I can't see the point of the facilities manager. It saves me one click per facility but in return I have to visit the facilities in the order on the screen or spend ages scrolling through to find the one I want. (My computer is slow to scroll.)

Is there another point to it? Does it work differently on other machines? I'm on an Apple Mac.

My cousin says she finds it faster but I certainly don't.

dixie513
Dec 25 2010, 11:10 AM
Thank you so much guys. Maybe more new animals to replace the old ones that now look like cartoons against the new ones. Thank you for everything though and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I have been level 160 thank you

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 25 2010, 12:44 PM
Don't know where to ask this so here goes, do the new animals do anything like ducks laying eggs and so on? If so I want a lot but will wait to find out.

Thank you, cindy

If they would, the devs would say so in the first post :) Currently they have no use except for being cute!

mjl1960
Dec 25 2010, 02:38 PM
Love the Facility Manager...makes things a whole lot easier and faster.

SillySandy
Dec 25 2010, 05:03 PM
Let me add my heart felt THANKS, for everyone's hard work! I "swear" (well maybe)lol, farm 8 will be just for crops which is needed very much. It was a toss up on that or build a town. I consider it a challenage to get all the falcilities ready to go all at once and post for help. My one question is do you need to ask for help on each facility or if you ask on one will it let the others accept help? When I do that it makes for a lot of post on Facebook. Merry Christmas and a very Happy & Healthy New Year to You & Yours!

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 25 2010, 05:26 PM
Let me add my heart felt THANKS, for everyone's hard work! I "swear" (well maybe)lol, farm 8 will be just for crops which is needed very much. It was a toss up on that or build a town. I consider it a challenage to get all the falcilities ready to go all at once and post for help. My one question is do you need to ask for help on each facility or if you ask on one will it let the others accept help? When I do that it makes for a lot of post on Facebook. Merry Christmas and a very Happy & Healthy New Year to You & Yours!

You only need to post once from the "produce faster" button and they can work all facilities. My friends and I like to put which farms there is work on :)

Ellen Betty Nelson
Dec 25 2010, 06:13 PM
or at least how about letting us sell the older one to someone who needs it

cherylaz
Dec 25 2010, 07:40 PM
Thank you Farm Town and Merry Christmas

carla6979
Dec 25 2010, 07:46 PM
I love that the new one does the trees but what about us who already purchased the blue one now we need to spend additonal money to get the trees doesn't seem fair.

ChrissieD
Dec 25 2010, 07:49 PM
Am I the only person who can't send gifts since the new animals were added? My PC just crashes now each time I go onto the gifts page :'(

SueW170
Dec 25 2010, 07:55 PM
You only need to post once from the "produce faster" button and they can work all facilities. My friends and I like to put which farms there is work on :)
My questions is can we still do the facilities the same way as always and not use the facilities manager? All worked just find for me the "old" way.

RBronwen
Dec 25 2010, 08:16 PM
Nice update! Thank you!

Victorious Vivian
Dec 25 2010, 08:32 PM
love the updates. just wish the fish plant was coins instead of farmcash as i can't even buy the shrimp i need for sushi. just have to work harder to get the farmcash.

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 25 2010, 08:45 PM
My questions is can we still do the facilities the same way as always and not use the facilities manager? All worked just find for me the "old" way.

Yes you can do it the old way :) Some just find the manager quicker. I personally enjoy it because I see which facilities need emptying and which ones need to be restocked.

raynorcp
Dec 25 2010, 08:58 PM
Still can't get the rum to process. Cleared cache. Ran CCleaner. At a loss. Please help.

SueW170
Dec 25 2010, 08:58 PM
Yes you can do it the old way :) Some just find the manager quicker. I personally enjoy it because I see which facilities need emptying and which ones need to be restocked.
Thanks, Double T. Since I almost never max out production in the facilities I have and play in a more casual way than many do, then having the option of the "old way" works.

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 25 2010, 09:09 PM
Still can't get the rum to process. Cleared cache. Ran CCleaner. At a loss. Please help.

Do you have sugarcane in storage?

anotherfarmer
Dec 25 2010, 09:11 PM
Am I the only person who can't send gifts since the new animals were added? My PC just crashes now each time I go onto the gifts page :'(

NO not the only one I am same since new animals I crash each time :(

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 25 2010, 09:15 PM
NO not the only one I am same since new animals I crash each time :(

It's probably due to the flash of the animals. It only slows my laptop down but should be better once they are removed after the holidays :)

AussieGecko
Dec 25 2010, 10:21 PM
Wheeeeeee! Thank you for the new stuff! Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year to all of you! I'm always grateful for any changes and extras thrown my way. :-)

raynorcp
Dec 25 2010, 11:08 PM
got it now - thanks

Irish355
Dec 26 2010, 05:09 AM
As always, I love the new releases!!! Thanks Raul and all the devs, great job in keeping the game fun.

LizzieC1
Dec 26 2010, 08:13 AM
Been offline for a few days with relatives popping in and all the Christmassy things and come back to find this!! Our lovely Devs have bewen working hard to give us great updates for a present and also a New Year "resolution" of Farm 8.

Thank you Devs. xxxxx

Hillie
Dec 26 2010, 08:31 AM
Is anyone else having problems placing camels in the stables? I get a message saying that I need stables. However, I have horses and donkeys in my stables already. I even bought a horse and placed it in my stable with no problem. I did clear my cache and cookies.

gffarmer
Dec 26 2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks! Happy New Year!! Love the animals esp "Bambi"!

EdwinS
Dec 26 2010, 09:34 AM
Thank you for the distillery I'm enjoying it

joshjmelton@aol.com
Dec 26 2010, 09:44 AM
well i cant get more farmcash from inviting my friends and i have a lot of friends that i have tricked into playing .

i was interested if you could make it more than 30 farmcash is the max plzzz

katupatree
Dec 26 2010, 12:22 PM
I have to say that I always love all the updates and sometime you give us updates that I didn't think of and didn't see asked for. I was disappointed that we didn't get the sand that we asked for. I don't care for the hills although I might eventually use them, I really really really wanted sand for my seacoast. Until we get sand, my seacoast will be located at the arctic with a snow covered ground.

katupatree
Dec 26 2010, 12:25 PM
Do you have sugarcane in storage?

took me a little while to realize that the distillery didn't use processed sugarcane, it took harvested sugar cane. Now I'll have more stuff to need sugar and corn for.

katupatree
Dec 26 2010, 12:36 PM
Is it just me? I can't see the point of the facilities manager. It saves me one click per facility but in return I have to visit the facilities in the order on the screen or spend ages scrolling through to find the one I want. (My computer is slow to scroll.)

Is there another point to it? Does it work differently on other machines? I'm on an Apple Mac.

My cousin says she finds it faster but I certainly don't.

I find it faster in one way that there are a few less clicks and slower in another. I like to do my facilities in a certain order, like say my sawmill before my furniture factory, my metal mill before my cookware, my essential oils before my perfume, my semi before the factories that use the semi's goods, etc. Is there anyway to put use the facility manager and arrange them in order that would put the necessary facilities first?

Winterwolf
Dec 26 2010, 03:17 PM
Is there a reason why the mansion is not loading? I have this problem both on my farm and on neighbor's farm.

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 26 2010, 03:18 PM
Is anyone else having problems placing camels in the stables? I get a message saying that I need stables. However, I have horses and donkeys in my stables already. I even bought a horse and placed it in my stable with no problem. I did clear my cache and cookies.

I was able to put mine in the brown stable, though I don't know why you'd hide the cute thing lol.

Tony D
Is there a reason why the mansion is not loading? I have this problem both on my farm and on neighbor's farm.Hi, try clearing your memory cache

Double T Dude Ranch
Is there a reason why the mansion is not loading? I have this problem both on my farm and on neighbor's farm.

Sounds like you need to clear your cache :)

Jeanie Wing
Dec 26 2010, 04:03 PM
it would be great if it work my gifts will not let me exchange or send a gift back to them when I click it just does not work.....can you please fix it for me thanks Jeanie Wing

Mere1
Dec 26 2010, 06:11 PM
I love the new facilities manager for storing my goods. I love the "done" choice in the drop down menu, but it only works for a few facilities and then goes back to ABC view. I have to click the "done" from the drop down menu after every few facilities. I can't wait until this is fixed and it is running faster too. My wish is to have a store all on farm option soon. That would be awesome. Thanks again for the upgrades. Can't wait to get a new farm-maybe for the New Year.

StoneFace
Dec 26 2010, 08:26 PM

I have the exact same problem

Clearing cache and refreshing was not the answer

Yes they are cute.... but the poop is big.... need to confine them !!:D

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 26 2010, 08:41 PM
Camels only go into the brown stables, not the white stables.

leighmarie
Dec 27 2010, 08:49 AM
I love all the new things, but with the manure spreader, when I got the orange one, I lost the red one. guess it doesn't matter since they both do the same thing. hope a farm 8 is in the plans for the new year :)

StoneFace
Dec 27 2010, 09:19 AM
I love all the new things, but with the manure spreader, when I got the orange one, I lost the red one. guess it doesn't matter since they both do the same thing. hope a farm 8 is in the plans for the new year :)

Actually they do not do the same thing. The new/orange one will also poop on your trees, doubling their output. If you had the red, and then buy the orange, the orange simply takes the allotted space in the tool box.

It is a super dooper pooper scooper.

And I join in your wish for farm 8 this week. Nice way to end the year and then we can complain next week about wanting #9 and more....lol:eek::eek::eek:

By the way, think of the red=$50 Farmcash, and the orange = $90 Farmcash with a $50 trade in value..... yeah right.

StoneFace
Dec 27 2010, 09:22 AM
What a bummer that the camels can only be stored in the brown stable.

I bought the nicer one thinking it would work. Oh crop, it did not.:rolleyes:

Jennifer Michelle
Dec 27 2010, 10:02 AM
Thank you Devs ... the new release has some great things in it ...

Christmas was great ... received Farm Cash as gifts from family and spent Christmas day purchasing the rest of the facilities and some tools and then arranging them and planting the Flax that I needed ...

Now ... it would be nice to have alternate views of the Ice Cream Factory, the Dairy Processing Plant and the Sugar Factory ... they are way outsized and rather cartoonish compared to the newer facilities ... (we got alternate views of the Oil Refinery and more ... )

Also ... the Hamburger Restaurant, the Chinese Restaurant and the Dinner Restaurant really need resizing ... the Hamburger restaurant sits in my farm right next to the Snack Factory and it dwarfs it ... the facilities I mentioned look like massive buildings compared to some of the other facilities ... there are problems of scale with things like the Hammocks and the Telephone booth ... the Tele booth looks like a skyscraper when placed next to the Natural Remedy Shop ... I was going to place it in my "Business District" but it was so large that I decided against it ... looked WEIRD ...

This is the BEST game on Facebook ... Thanks for all your hard work ... :)

jeanieNGMsfarm
Dec 27 2010, 10:33 AM
thanks dev's for another great release, great to come back from out of state to see new stuff. guess i should go earn 1 more farm cash to get the new spreader i need it with my tree farming addiction lol knew saving and not sending that cash would be useful :)

SunnyD
Dec 27 2010, 01:47 PM
love how when your working a facility and it has a scroll you don't have to scroll down again and again..... but if you don't scroll back up and work another facility on the same farm it is not scrolled up to the top... ummm do i make sense here??

Karen's Farm 1
Dec 27 2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks Raul. This is the best game on facebook. You are really going out of your way to keep all of us happy.

BeccaK
Dec 27 2010, 03:13 PM
the new releases are awesome. I love the gift return feature. I was writing down the names. This is so much easier. Also love the facility feature. So much easier to access the facilities on each farm. Would sure like to add our barns & coops to that ;-) Keep up the great job, devs.

Aussie Rae
Dec 27 2010, 05:08 PM
anyone else having problems with the new manure spreader for trees? I fertilised the farm, after chopping down trees but the new tree growth is not fertilised, yet the crop is!!! Very strange....after spending 90 farmcash in total for these spreaders the least they can do is work..

Double T Dude Ranch
Dec 27 2010, 06:41 PM
anyone else having problems with the new manure spreader for trees? I fertilised the farm, after chopping down trees but the new tree growth is not fertilised, yet the crop is!!! Very strange....after spending 90 farmcash in total for these spreaders the least they can do is work..

That's because most likely the farm isn't fertilized anymore. When you had fertilized your farm, the trees and crops were fertilized. The 3 days most likely expired so any tree regrowth won't be fertilized.

HelenJS22
Dec 27 2010, 06:48 PM
LOVE the hills :) Have been playing with them on one of my farms and VERY PLEASED with the result. Daughter in law made me add goats ... 'High on a hill stood a lonely goat herd ...'

momsworld
Dec 27 2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the new updates. How about getting XP's for Harvesting also! Makes it easier to level up.

Toranut97
Dec 27 2010, 09:03 PM
Dear Farm Town Santa Claus,

I am writing with my wish list for Farmtown.

First, everything should be available for coins, no more nasty Farm Cash. Not fair.

Second, I want collective farming. In order for justice to triumph, we should be able to click a "Comissar" button, and seize land our neighbors have, and get a big share of their crops. It's only fair. I don't like that I work and work and they are levels above me. It s taking time fro me to get XP points, and that is not fair. I have been playing for three whole weeks and am only level 77!

I want a "plant all" and "harvest all" button. It takes too long to actually go through and do the work. Keep the game fun, you know? And I really want the facilities manager to make the decisions. It is too much like work for me to decide stuff.

I want all the facilities available in three design versions, each representing a certain aesthetic. You know, like, "French Provincial," "Mediterranean Stucco" and "Surrealistic Dali-esque." And it had better all be proportionate. Artistic merit is very important.

I think the manure spreader is really perfect -- because the manure, like my own, does not smell.

Thanks, Santa. I will be back with my complete list of demands -- uh, *wishes* -- later.

Virginia.

StoneFace
Dec 27 2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the new updates. How about getting XP's for Harvesting also! Makes it easier to level up.

nah... you get lots of coin for harvesting. Can't have your crop and eat it too.

I see too many aspects of the game getting "easier". But if one aspect is kept "tough" for lower levels (FTCash facilities, neighbors for 3rd farm etc)..... the complaints abound.

However, it might be nice if the 8th farm was either cheaper than the 7th, or a choice of coin or FTCash or loss of Exp points.

........hope it comes for New Year's

StoneFace
Dec 27 2010, 09:17 PM

First, everything should be available for coins, no more nasty Farm Cash. Not fair.

Second, I want collective farming. In order for justice to triumph, we should be able to click a "Comissar" button, and seize land our neighbors have, and get a big share of their crops. It's only fair. I don't like that I work and work and they are levels above me. It s taking time fro me to get XP points, and that is not fair. I have been playing for three whole weeks and am only level 77!

I want a "plant all" and "harvest all" button. It takes too long to actually go through and do the work. Keep the game fun, you know? And I really want the facilities manager to make the decisions. It is too much like work for me to decide stuff.

I want all the facilities available in three design versions, each representing a certain aesthetic. You know, like, "French Provincial," "Mediterranean Stucco" and "Surrealistic Dali-esque." And it had better all be proportionate. Artistic merit is very important.

I think the manure spreader is really perfect -- because the manure, like my own, does not smell.

Thanks, Santa. I will be back with my complete list of demands -- uh, *wishes* -- later.

Virginia.

Your plans will work, and should be implemented. After all, this is a socialist game, right. And you should be able to spend the money of others until they run out of money.

If you get confused along the way, just look to DC for further instructions and encouragement. :eek:

*Pru-Bear*
Dec 27 2010, 11:35 PM
I just wish everything that makes the game worth playing wasn't FC, or if it needs to be, not so expensive.
Have tonnes of coins and nothing to spend it on. Sadly for me, and i am sure others, i won't be putting real cash into the game.

driverdave
Dec 28 2010, 04:50 AM
just a comment.....rum comes from molasses which is a byproduct of the processing of sugarcane....so how about we have the molasses produced from the same cane the sugar comes from..as in real life.........and have the distillery use the molasses to make rum

Mere1
Dec 28 2010, 07:32 AM
I love the updates-oh I have already said that-lol. I can't wait for new levels to come. It is weird to see one person with 2 million and another with 4 million XP points at the same level. A friend just suggested this one to me: At the market-have the seeds and trees show what they are for-if they are for facilities or not. I have planted a lot of trees that aren't needed for facilities-I wish I would have known.

Again-thanks so much for all you do. Patiently (hehe) waiting for farm # 8...and #9-lol.

Happy New Year!

Tombstone
Dec 28 2010, 08:38 AM
I was wondering on the orange manure spreader, do you have to own a red one to buy the orange one or can you get to a certain level and just buy the orange one. If so what level? Thanks!

bigd77
Dec 28 2010, 09:35 AM
I cant wait for farm 8 I need more space ....wow that all rhymed lol I need about 4 more farms to grow all the stuff i need for my facilities lol .....

Rob T
Dec 28 2010, 10:30 AM
I was wondering on the orange manure spreader, do you have to own a red one to buy the orange one or can you get to a certain level and just buy the orange one. If so what level? Thanks!

You have to own the red spreader in order to buy the orange one. Think of the orange one as an addon to the red one.

Kath-H
Dec 28 2010, 11:36 AM
I just wish everything that makes the game worth playing wasn't FC, or if it needs to be, not so expensive.
Have tonnes of coins and nothing to spend it on. Sadly for me, and i am sure others, i won't be putting real cash into the game.

And if no-one puts cash into it, it won't be here long. Costs money to run these things you know, and the devs aren't your friends - they are people in a business to make money. If you never put real money in, you're just taking advantage of those who do.

StoneFace
Dec 28 2010, 01:17 PM
And if no-one puts cash into it, it won't be here long. Costs money to run these things you know, and the devs aren't your friends - they are people in a business to make money. If you never put real money in, you're just taking advantage of those who do.

Maybe the devs will give an option to new players....

join for free and pay as you play - as we do now

or

join for $150 and get one of everything for free as you reach higher levels (no sending of FC items as gifts, and if you purchase a FC item, you still only get one free.

geesh..... there will never be a perfect game, although this one comes close !!

*Pru-Bear*
Dec 28 2010, 01:49 PM

Kath H- I am not stupid, i know it cost money to run. I, like a few of my friends, can't afford to spend $40 AUD on a game for tools. I have purchased FC before. Like i also said, if things were cheaper FC wise, then that $40 AUD could stretch a lot further.

Don't get me wrong, i love FT, but just cannot afford to purchase coins.

Renelle
Dec 28 2010, 02:16 PM
Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year! Love you all Thank you all!!! lol,Cant wait for next Farm!!!!!

graydog7
Dec 28 2010, 02:52 PM
The orange manure spreader is actually an upgrade to the red spreader. You cannot just buy the orange spreader. You have to purchase the red one first and then upgrade to the orange.

MoonBaby5656
Dec 28 2010, 03:26 PM
One: when is the next update?
tw0: I love it! Thanks
How about 2 new farms ? I want one to decorate & I need Lots of room since I have All Facilities! Thanks!

kathyonthefarm
Dec 28 2010, 04:56 PM
The new upgrades are great. After reading here about the new faciities manager I went and tried it. Wow, so much easier loading all my facilites on all 7 farms. Hope that 1 of the new additions to it will be to store directly from the manager instead of opening the facility up. It's not that we're lazy it's just that you have been so great to us and given us so many factories, and being a FT addict I have 2 of a lot of the facilites and I think my hand is starting to hurt from clicking LOL You FT devs are great the best game on FB. Thanks again, my FT is a little slow today, could it be a new farm in the works?

dorissau
Dec 28 2010, 06:36 PM
I respect those who love the facility manager, but not my cup of tea. I have placed my facilities so that I open in order, the ones that make stuff that makes stuff (ie:winery makes stuff for the wine cellar) and so just used it once. It would be wonderful, however, for working other people's farms.. not so much going back & forth and clicking!

CynthiaSue
Dec 28 2010, 11:59 PM

I don't believe this is true. Perhaps someone knows for sure, but I believe they make real money off of people who do not put money into the game. The game hasn't even always had farmcash. When I first started playing there was no farmcash. Yet, the game was going pretty well.

SueW170
Dec 29 2010, 12:34 AM
Good satire. Enjoyed reading it.

Virginia.

HelenJS22
Dec 29 2010, 01:11 AM
I don't believe this is true. Perhaps someone knows for sure, but I believe they make real money off of people who do not put money into the game. The game hasn't even always had farmcash. When I first started playing there was no farmcash. Yet, the game was going pretty well.

Cynthia, you say that the game was 'going pretty well' without farm cash in the early days, but it had become stagnant and boring. Since the introduction of Farm Cash it has gone ahead in regular leaps and bounds.

adinar
Dec 29 2010, 04:34 AM

Cynthia it takes the same amount of fertilizer than it did without the orange truck so no more consumption of manure needed at least that's what i understood when i read the manure truck update :)

adinar
Dec 29 2010, 05:09 AM

can't say that i have becaussssssse I can't seem to find in the tool section of the market the orange manure spreader to buy :( can anyone help please?

Tony D
Dec 29 2010, 05:16 AM
can't say that i have becaussssssse I can't seem to find in the tool section of the market the orange manure spreader to buy :( can anyone help please?Hi in the tools tab left hand side , third from the bottom.

adinar
Dec 29 2010, 05:38 AM
Hi in the tools tab left hand side , third from the bottom.

thanks ! It finally showed up and I bought it yessssssssssss!! :)) I so love this game :))) and thanks to the devs for keeping it interesting and fun :)

jsbh821
Dec 29 2010, 08:46 AM
Hello all! Where are all the cute new animals on the gift page? Does anyone know? Thanks for any help!

Bobby Jo
Dec 29 2010, 08:56 AM
never mind a reload fixed it

servocrow
Dec 29 2010, 09:03 AM
Thank you Toranut and Stone Face for saying everything I'm thinking!!

WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS IN MY HEAD??????

And thanks to the Devs for making this game THE BEST among online FREE games..Did I mention it was FREE? And many, many thanks to the Mods who have to read through the same drivel every day...HAPPY NEW YEAR (if you can stand it) TO ALL!

:D

Msunshine
Dec 29 2010, 10:57 AM
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!
Love this game and love all the new additions. The facility manager is fantastic!
Looking forward to the next update and farm 8. It's like having Christmas at least twice a month every month.
I wish that we could have some kind of trade in value for items we have purchased with fc when an upgraded one comes out like the manure spreaders and harvesters. Kind of like trading in a car. Don't mind spending fc but it would be nice to get some kind of break when an upgrade comes out for something we have already purchased.

kathyonthefarm
Dec 29 2010, 11:04 AM
Just a heads up to watch out for. Went I went to my farm but none of my trees said they were fertilized but the crops were. I harvested 1 tree and thats all I got was 1 tree. My fertilizer has been working great with the trees. 2 of my farms were only half showing so I went out of ft and back to fb then came back in and it was the same so I shut down the internet and rebooted and everything was back to the way it should be on ft including the trees. I don't know why this happened as I hadn't been on the computer for very long. But I did learn to look at my trees before I start harvesting them to see if the F is there. Just a heads up for everybody. have a great day!