PDA

View Full Version : Discussions about Tools

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Tony D
Mar 22 2010, 09:19 PM
http://autoclipart.com/auto_clipart_images/tractor_with_a_rooster_crowing_0521-1006-2518-4256_SMU.jpg

All discussions about Tools

Hi, due to the number of posts we are receiving in relation to Tools in the feedback section we have decided to make an Official thread for the topic. If you wish to provide feedback on this topic please post in this thread.

We are aware that there are some grey areas between feedback and suggestions, however if you only want to make a suggestion we ask that you post in the Suggestion section. This thread is the one to post in for suggestions about Tools.
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634702

We will endeavor to allow a bit more latitude in this section than in the other sections of the forum, however, please bear in mind we must stave off chaos.

Debates are allowed but posts which go beyond simple debates and fall into attacks against another member or out right name calling, or take a thread completely off track, will be removed.

geo1269
Dec 05 2010, 02:11 PM
How about making the fertilizing per plot not per farm. Sometimes you don't have enough fertilizer and would like to only fertilize certain areas instead of all of them

tnbravesgirl
Dec 05 2010, 02:19 PM
Get your neighbors to send you pigs.....
purchase another pig sty.....
I have more manure than I can possibly ever use....

jeanieNGMsfarm
Dec 05 2010, 03:09 PM
Get your neighbors to send you pigs.....
purchase another pig sty.....
I have more manure than I can possibly ever use....

i think i have about 80 or 90 pigs and in never run out i use it all the time

katrina719
Dec 05 2010, 07:41 PM
2 Pig stys and 40 pigs. I can't use it all, collecting 2 times a day.

Don't feed the beggers
Dec 05 2010, 07:55 PM
i have 1 sty fiiled to cap. I have over 3000 piles of poop being stored. There is no reason why 1 sty, filled up and collected 2x a day, isn't enough..I collect 200 piles a day, enough to do 4 farms...if need be stagger the fertilzing and don'y fertilize at 3 days if the crops are still fertilized... a 4 day crop will still be fertilized on teh 4th day as long as you fertilized it before it was mature.....if it was per plot than people would ***** and moan about it taking up to much time like they do the facilities....

honeyg56
Dec 14 2010, 06:49 PM
was going to ask whether we needed to fertilise even though the crops were fertilised prior to maturity, but this has answered my question. thank you :-)

Sandie Angel
Dec 14 2010, 08:05 PM
I have enough pigs manure, more than I can spread them. The trick is to get more pigs. I can't remember how many pigs do an entire farm, but all I've got was a little over 100 pigs and I've put most of them in the stys, except for a few that walk about the places; and that is plenty manure for me already!! Once a farm is fertilized, the whole farm stays fertilized for at least 72 hours, and within these 72 hours you can collect 6 times manure from the stys and that's plenty already. I've only have 4 farms with fields and am never short of crops except in some instances when I would forget to plant rice for the fish.

You only need 50 manure to fertilize a farm for 72 hours.....I think; and even after the 72 hours has elapsed, those crops that you have fertized will STAY BEING FERTILIZED until you harvest them. I have more manure than I can use. Too bad we can't sell them. LOL!!

Sandie Angel :)

ESharon
Jan 01 2011, 09:58 AM
As a newbie, I need to understand how to fertilize more than one farm.... do I need stys on both farms and then how do I use the manure spreader on a second farm?:confused:

Taz D
Jan 01 2011, 11:20 AM
As a newbie, I need to understand how to fertilize more than one farm.... do I need stys on both farms and then how do I use the manure spreader on a second farm?:confused:
No you do not need stys on both farms. Put the manure spreader in your storage and then you can use it from the Extended Toolbox. Select it and click anywhere on the farm. That will fertilize it for 72 hours.

tk61
Jan 03 2011, 02:37 AM
7 farms, 95 piggies and I have never run out of manure. I have so much pig poop that I do not even collect it everyday now.

Scarlet
Jan 03 2011, 07:28 AM
76 pigs is more than enough for 7 farms :)

SueW170
Jan 04 2011, 10:55 PM
I now have the orange manure spreader and plenty of manure. When I fertilize a farm with pine trees on it, all my crops and all my harvestable trees fertilize; however, some pines fertilize while others don't. Though maybe mature ones don't fertilize, but that isn't the answer. Any explanation? Not a gripe of problem, but I am curious.
BTW, I love the look of the fertilized trees on my winter farms. Gives them a frosty look.

Taz D
Jan 04 2011, 11:01 PM
Sue just like the crops, if the tree is fully grown it will not fertilize.

SueW170
Jan 05 2011, 02:52 AM
Sue just like the crops, if the tree is fully grown it will not fertilize.
Okay, thanks for the info. Of course, it's hard to know if a pine tree is fully grown or not since they come back from the stump looking just like a fully grown tree and are choppable. So, now I'll know that if they don't fertilize they are full grown.

Scarlet
Jan 05 2011, 07:25 AM
I think what this means is that you (or I!) have to fertilize before the chopped trees reappear.

SueW170
Jan 05 2011, 05:35 PM
I think what this means is that you (or I!) have to fertilize before the chopped trees reappear.
Probably. Though the first time I fertilized with the orange manure spreader, many full grown pines got fertilized which other didn't. Oh, well, either way, it's still a bonus to have even part of them be fertilized:)
I am adding a few more pigs now to have more fertilizer available since a small number was adequate when only crops were fertilized. No problem since we can exchange gifts.

Scarlet
Jan 05 2011, 06:36 PM
You still only need to fertilize every three days. I have 75 pigs which keep all my farms fertilized with some to spare.

SueW170
Jan 06 2011, 12:07 AM
You still only need to fertilize every three days. I have 75 pigs which keep all my farms fertilized with some to spare.
Just went back and counted my pigs. I have 10 in the pen and 27 in the sty. That seemed enough for my 7 farms (not all fully expanded and none planted edge to edge with crops) before the orange spreader and ability to fertilize trees was added.
Thanks for your comment. I think I will add more pigs -- maybe build up to 60 or so.
Too bad all that virtual cow, goat, sheep and chicken manure goes to waste LOL

Tony D
Jan 06 2011, 12:13 AM
Just went back and counted my pigs. I have 10 in the pen and 27 in the sty. That seemed enough for my 7 farms (not all fully expanded and none planted edge to edge with crops) before the orange spreader and ability to fertilize trees was added.
Thanks for your comment. I think I will add more pigs -- maybe build up to 60 or so.
Too bad all that virtual cow, goat, sheep and chicken manure goes to waste LOLI reckon you need another 30 Sue...

SueW170
Jan 06 2011, 04:25 PM
I reckon you need another 30 Sue...
I think you're right, Tony. I'm working up to that number now. May need the air freshener factory soon to freshen up the air over farm 6 LOL

Jailnurse
Jan 16 2011, 11:52 AM
I just did a quick test on a farm to see if the game does indeed give double the harvest. I harvested 50 fields of wheat and the stone mill only saw 50 units. When does the game calculate the double harvest? I'm concerned because when I harvest the blue save button goes off every other field. Am I not giving the buffer time to save? I ask this question now after 8+months of fertilizing. AAUUGGHH!

Jailnurse
Jan 16 2011, 12:04 PM
Okay, did another test allowing the blue save to finish each time. This time harvested 160 fields, again stone windmill only saw the 160. Am I missing something here?

Rob T
Jan 16 2011, 12:26 PM
Okay, did another test allowing the blue save to finish each time. This time harvested 160 fields, again stone windmill only saw the 160. Am I missing something here?

Flour is of a ratio of 2 fields to 1 bag of flour, so in order to get the 160 bags of flour, 320 fields worth of wheat would have gone into the mill to produce it. Therefor it is doubled harvest

Jailnurse
Jan 16 2011, 12:34 PM
Okay, that makes sense. Probably I knew that at one point! Thanks!

Jailnurse
Jan 16 2011, 12:36 PM
Rob, can you answer why the blue save goes off and on when harvesting, plowing etc? Do I need to pause and let the save finish? Thanks again.

Rob T
Jan 16 2011, 12:47 PM
Rob, can you answer why the blue save goes off and on when harvesting, plowing etc? Do I need to pause and let the save finish? Thanks again.

It's just saving as you're going, everytime the blue light comes on, it's saving something to the server. kinda like your hard drive light :)

Dan OConnor Sr
Jan 19 2011, 08:51 AM
Can you tell me how I can Fertilize all 7 of my Farms. It's only letting me do 3.

Dan OConnor Sr
Jan 19 2011, 08:54 AM
enough to do 4 farms

Can you tell me how I can Fertilize all 7 of my Farms. It's only letting me do 3.

Taz D
Jan 19 2011, 04:01 PM
How much fertilizer do you have?
What message are you getting when you try to fertilized the other farms?

Dan OConnor Sr
Jan 19 2011, 04:13 PM

That I don't know.

I get no messages. I have 7 Farms and it only let me do 3. when I move it to another Farm that isn't fertilized, it gets stuck and does nothing. I have to go back to where I left it originaly and put it in storage.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jan 19 2011, 04:15 PM

That I don't know.

I get no messages. I have 7 Farms and it only let me do 3. when I move it to another Farm that isn't fertilized, it gets stuck and does nothing. I have to go back to where I left it originaly and put it in storage.

Well hover your mouse over the manure spreader and it tells you how much you have. Sounds like you may have run out. You can leave your manure spreader in storage and access it from any farm through the toolbar too :)

And the crops are still growing? Not ready to harvest? Cuz then fertilizing won't help anyway if it's full grown.

Sandie Angel
Jan 20 2011, 01:47 PM
I have done the fertiilizing in my farms with the orange spreader, but seems like some of the trees would not take it. Still appearing non-fertized.

In my farm 1 my cocnut trees and the mangoes trees are stll not fertilized.

My entire farm 4 is not fertiilized.

My entire farm 6 is not fertizlied. I suppose the olive trees are fruit trees as well.

In my farm 2 only the lemon trees are fertilized, the mangoes and the walnut trees are not.

Please kindly look into this and let me know what's going on. I have both the red and the orange spreader.

Sandie Angel :confused:

samsmum
Jan 20 2011, 02:15 PM
I have done the fertiilizing in my farms with the orange spreader, but seems like some of the trees would not take it. Still appearing non-fertized.

In my farm 1 my cocnut trees and the mangoes trees are stll not fertilized.

My entire farm 4 is not fertiilized.

My entire farm 6 is not fertizlied. I suppose the olive trees are fruit trees as well.

In my farm 2 only the lemon trees are fertilized, the mangoes and the walnut trees are not.

Please kindly look into this and let me know what's going on. I have both the red and the orange spreader.

Sandie Angel :confused:

Hey Sandie Angel
are the trees you are trying to fertilize ready to harvest? the fertilizer works on trees the same as on crops so if they are ready to harvest then you are unable to fertilize them :)

Sandie Angel
Jan 20 2011, 04:25 PM
Hey Sandie Angel
are the trees you are trying to fertilize ready to harvest? the fertilizer works on trees the same as on crops so if they are ready to harvest then you are unable to fertilize them :)

They have been ready to harvest for a long time. I had been away from farm town for the past few weeks, but came back when they have the upgrades. Now it seems like all the trees were ready to harvest, so I've got the orange spreader to fertilize them, but after I sprinkled them with the fertilizer, only some trees would show highlighted with the (F) which means they're being fertizlied already,other trees aren't highlighed and don't have the (F) on them means they're still not fertilized. I don't know the rasson why they would not be fertilized. I hope this will be fixed soon. I want to add that some of my plowed fields in some of my farms might have already been fertilized by the red spreader some weeks ago, but wouldn't that be all gone and done with by now? ...so many days have passed already so the plowed fields must have been become unfertilized already; and now when I used the orange spreader on some farms it gave me the message that farm was already fertilized, but I can only see some of the trees being fertilized already; and some aren't yet. Seems like the mangoes are not taking the fertilizer.

This is a mystery. I hope it will be resolved very soon.

Thanks so much for your prompt response. I thought I had posted this in the wrong place, so have posted same message in the "Help Forum" as well. I hope I can get a reply from there too. Thanks so much!!

Taz D
Jan 20 2011, 05:00 PM
They have been ready to harvest for a long time. I had been away from farm town for the past few weeks, but came back when they have the upgrades. Now it seems like all the trees were ready to harvest, so I've got the orange spreader to fertilize them, but after I sprinkled them with the fertilizer, only some trees would show highlighted with the (F) which means they're being fertizlied already,other trees aren't highlighed and don't have the (F) on them means they're still not fertilized. I don't know the rasson why they would not be fertilized. I hope this will be fixed soon. I want to add that some of my plowed fields in some of my farms might have already been fertilized by the red spreader some weeks ago, but wouldn't that be all gone and done with by now? ...so many days have passed already so the plowed fields must have been become unfertilized already; and now when I used the orange spreader on some farms it gave me the message that farm was already fertilized, but I can only see some of the trees being fertilized already; and some aren't yet. Seems like the mangoes are not taking the fertilizer.

This is a mystery. I hope it will be resolved very soon.

Thanks so much for your prompt response. I thought I had posted this in the wrong place, so have posted same message in the "Help Forum" as well. I hope I can get a reply from there too. Thanks so much!!

Trees that are Ready to Harvest cannot be fertilized. They must be fertilized before they are fully ready. Nothing to fix. It is the same with crops.

phsl
Feb 21 2011, 11:04 PM
The number of hours left on the fertilizer on farms keeps changing in big numbers - like from 1 hour to 33 hours a bit later. Then to something else again. Also, I checked that my farms are fertilized when finished planting, and today one sugar field was not when I came to harvest it. With a long growing crop , 3 to 4 days and the field is fertilized when planted but not to the full extent of time I have found the crop is fertilized but the trees aren't when that less time expires. Something needs to be done to rectify this difference in what is fertilized on the same farm. This is getting to be a real problem for me to know when to do it and then the number of hours remaining keeps changing. arghhhh Thank you

ScottLanter
Feb 21 2011, 11:08 PM
The number of hours left on the fertilizer on farms keeps changing in big numbers - like from 1 hour to 33 hours a bit later. Then to something else again. Also, I checked that my farms are fertilized when finished planting, and today one sugar field was not when I came to harvest it. With a long growing crop , 3 to 4 days and the field is fertilized when planted but not to the full extent of time I have found the crop is fertilized but the trees aren't when that less time expires. Something needs to be done to rectify this difference in what is fertilized on the same farm. This is getting to be a real problem for me to know when to do it and then the number of hours remaining keeps changing. arghhhh Thank you

I fertilized my crops and 2 days later, they needed fertilized again. I thought maybe it was my imagination. But, after reading your post, I'm thinking it wasn't my imagination at all. Although, it's not that big of a deal to me, I guess. I've got plenty of fertilizer left. I do hope the problem clears up for others who may not have an ample supply, though.

JAS0643
Feb 22 2011, 01:10 AM

I have seen this happen when there is less then an hour left on the clock. The clock is supposed to switch from hours to minutes but there seems to be a glitch in the system that causes the issue you are talking about. It really isn't that big a deal the corps only have to be fertilized at some point during the growing processes. The farm does not have to be fertilized when you plant or when you harvest just as long as the farm was fertilized at some point during the growing processes.

Scarlet
Feb 22 2011, 02:45 AM
I The farm does not have to be fertilized when you plant or when you harvest just as long as the farm was fertilized at some point during the growing processes.

This means that the farm might be fertilized when you plant your crops, but no longer be fertilized when you harvest your trees or flowers, so that the crops wuld be fertlized but the trees or flowers would not be. I try to check fertilization every time I harvest anything so that I catch all the trees.

JAS0643
Feb 22 2011, 12:37 PM
This means that the farm might be fertilized when you plant your crops, but no longer be fertilized when you harvest your trees or flowers, so that the crops wuld be fertlized but the trees or flowers would not be. I try to check fertilization every time I harvest anything so that I catch all the trees.

It does not matter what you are harvesting if you are seeing the farm as fertilized then the crops trees and flowers will be fertilized. If you harvest a tree and there is only one minute left on the fertilization the trees will be fertilized the next time you hatvest them without refertilizing he farm.

Scarlet
Feb 22 2011, 02:05 PM
You miss my point. What I wanted to explain is that if your farm is NOT fertilized, then it may have crops or trees on it which still are fertilized. Therefore, you always need to check the trees or flowers you have just harvested to see whether they are still showing F. Just because your crops are fertilized, it doesn't mean that your newly harvested trees will be.

JAS0643
Feb 22 2011, 02:24 PM
You miss my point. What I wanted to explain is that if your farm is NOT fertilized, then it may have crops or trees on it which still are fertilized. Therefore, you always need to check the trees or flowers you have just harvested to see whether they are still showing F. Just because your crops are fertilized, it doesn't mean that your newly harvested trees will be.

And you are missing my point to PHSL and to you. If you chick on the tool box and hover over the manure spreader and it shows the farm is fertilized then everything on that farm that can be fertilized is fertilized it does not matter how long you have left or if you have harvested a tree or flower 2 seconds ago everything will be fertilized when you harvest it again even if the farm is not fertilized when you harvest the tree, crop, or flower. So if PHSL checks and it says 33 hours the PHSL checks again is it is saying 40 hours, then they check again in just a few minutes and it says there is 20 hours left the farm is still fertilized so no need to worry about anything that is growing. There seems to be a glitch when the time is under an hour that instead of switching to minutes like I have seen it do a few times it will start showing different hour amounts left and it will jump all over the map. It is not that big a deal the farm is still fertilized and anything that is growing will still be fertilized when it does hit 0 that includes trees that you may have just harvested. If the time on the fertilizer is still showing any amount of time you will not be able to fertilize the farm, it has to show the farm is not fertilized.

Scarlet
Feb 22 2011, 05:06 PM
I understand that! I am writing for those who say "my crops said they were fertilized but I didn't get double fruit." If you notice the farm is not fertilized after the fruit is ripe it is too late.

Neysa
Feb 24 2011, 03:40 PM
I've been thinking about getting the manure spreader so able to get double crops when harvested. However ... I've read several places on here where they are NOT getting the double crops and I had a neighbor check and she was NOT getting double crops ... so ... does it or doesn't it???

Double T Dude Ranch
Feb 24 2011, 03:44 PM
I've been thinking about getting the manure spreader so able to get double crops when harvested. However ... I've read several places on here where they are NOT getting the double crops and I had a neighbor check and she was NOT getting double crops ... so ... does it or doesn't it???

It does give you double the crop. You just have to make sure you fertilize before the crops are ready otherwise it won't work.

lcswdonna
Feb 24 2011, 03:54 PM
At some point though, the trees and flowers on my farm go from fertilized to not fertilized. Because I have decorative trees and flowers that I do not harvest unless I have a pressing need, by the time I do harvest, I do not get the double crop. They were fertilized while they were growing, but may have set for a month before harvesting. The only way then to re-fertilize is to then harvest and reset them. This is of minor concern to me, but worth noting.

Neysa
Feb 24 2011, 05:57 PM
It does give you double the crop. You just have to make sure you fertilize before the crops are ready otherwise it won't work.

Thanks for the reply :)

Mokie
Feb 27 2011, 08:09 PM
Mokie Level 185. 8.25 million + XP’s

Dysfunctional 4X4 Seeder is not all that it’s cracked up to be.

A lot of us, myself included, shelled out our Real, Hard Earned CASH to buy these 4X4 Seeders: But, with the Constant inability of the servers to even display a 4X4 planting grid, which if it is even displayed at all, only amounts to a 3X3 planting grid. And then a good 80 percent of the time, rather than the servers actually planting anything where you have clicked to plant, the screen just blinks, the grid disappears, and Nothing gets planted. And the complete Inability of the servers to properly remember that you have clicked to plant something, and utilize the “Click Ahead Buffer” While we attempt to get Anything to plant using these 4x4 Planters; where once again, the screen just blinks, the grid disappears, and Nothing gets planted.. And after MONTHS of the Developers either completely Ignoring these 4X4 Planter Issues, or rather, their complete Inability to fix these 4X4 Planter Issues., We might as well go back to Using the Single 1X1 Planting method using an old “Clicker” program! At least doing that was more reliable and faster in actual Planting application, than trying to deal with the constant server data drop-outs and Unplanted Sections associated with attempting to get the 4X4 Seeder’s to function properly!

JAS0643
Feb 27 2011, 10:09 PM
Mokie Level 185. 8.25 million + XP’s

Dysfunctional 4X4 Seeder is not all that it’s cracked up to be.

A lot of us, myself included, shelled out our Real, Hard Earned CASH to buy these 4X4 Seeders: But, with the Constant inability of the servers to even display a 4X4 planting grid, which if it is even displayed at all, only amounts to a 3X3 planting grid. And then a good 80 percent of the time, rather than the servers actually planting anything where you have clicked to plant, the screen just blinks, the grid disappears, and Nothing gets planted. And the complete Inability of the servers to properly remember that you have clicked to plant something, and utilize the “Click Ahead Buffer” While we attempt to get Anything to plant using these 4x4 Planters; where once again, the screen just blinks, the grid disappears, and Nothing gets planted.. And after MONTHS of the Developers either completely Ignoring these 4X4 Planter Issues, or rather, their complete Inability to fix these 4X4 Planter Issues., We might as well go back to Using the Single 1X1 Planting method using an old “Clicker” program! At least doing that was more reliable and faster in actual Planting application, than trying to deal with the constant server data drop-outs and Unplanted Sections associated with attempting to get the 4X4 Seeder’s to function properly!

I have the 4x4 seeder and it works great a few things for you to try. First it sounds like you are dragging the screen just a little bit, I do this a lot when I fish with the boat because I am going too fast. Make sure when you click you are not moving the mouse it is easy to get ahead of yourself and click and move at the same time when you do this the screen will blink like you have described because you have really only moved the farm a fraction so it just blinks and doesn't really move. When you drag the screen like this it will not plant, harvest, or do whatever you where trying to do at that time. It wouldn't hurt to also try clearing your cache and see if that helps.

Mokie
Feb 28 2011, 03:06 AM
Thank's Jaso63., Cleared my Cache just yesterday. And I am not dragging my screen: But I Am using ful screen mode while planting.. Seems there have been other users with some Full screen mode issues lately. I think it has something to do with the servers user I.O. Routines: Don't get me wrong, the 4X4 Seeder Was great when it worked properly for me for the first few weeks after it had been first introduced. But when you find yourself looking at an 80 percent re-working ratio after the more recent, newer, program updates, it's not working so swift anymore for myself and a number of other users now.

JAS0643
Feb 28 2011, 04:16 AM
Thank's Jaso63., Cleared my Cache just yesterday. And I am not dragging my screen: But I Am using ful screen mode while planting.. Seems there have been other users with some Full screen mode issues lately. I think it has something to do with the servers user I.O. Routines: Don't get me wrong, the 4X4 Seeder Was great when it worked properly for me for the first few weeks after it had been first introduced. But when you find yourself looking at an 80 percent re-working ratio after the more recent, newer, program updates, it's not working so swift anymore for myself and a number of other users now.

I also work in full screen and have no problems. I would be willing to bet the blinking you described is from dragging the screen. It is very easy to do and not realize you are doing it. What is happening is you click and move the mouse at the same time but because you are only holding the mouse down for a split second the farm doesn't really move but it will blink just like you described. Try slowing down and making sure you are not moving the mouse when you click.

Farmer Frantic
Mar 01 2011, 05:02 PM
Here I am again, same complaint. My 4 x 4 plower is still not working correctly. The newly compiled error message makes things worse not better, before the new one I could work round the problem a little bit, but now I can't even do that. I have emailed support - NO RESPONSE. I have done everything that is advised in this forum including all the checks for connectivity, which all say o.k. It is so frustrating, especially when I see that new items are being added by the developers all the time. Maybe they should spend more time correcting the problems for those of us that love this game and just want tools that work correctly. I want to purchase more tools, but won't because I am concerned that if my 4 x 4 plower doesn't work correctly then neither will the new tools. So after clearing my cache, clearing the flash and doing all the tests I am still no further along with either an answer to my problem or a solution. Please developers do something.

Flaky Angel
Mar 02 2011, 11:53 AM
I also work in full screen and have no problems. I would be willing to bet the blinking you described is from dragging the screen. It is very easy to do and not realize you are doing it. What is happening is you click and move the mouse at the same time but because you are only holding the mouse down for a split second the farm doesn't really move but it will blink just like you described. Try slowing down and making sure you are not moving the mouse when you click.

I find myself doing that a lot when I go too fast. But I have a lot of trouble working in full screen and it is such an advantage when it doesn't slow my game down so much.

JAS0643
Mar 02 2011, 12:47 PM
I find myself doing that a lot when I go too fast. But I have a lot of trouble working in full screen and it is such an advantage when it doesn't slow my game down so much.

Not sure what browser you are using but if it is IE 2 things to try. If you have not done much in full screen since the last update try working in full screen again. They removed the adds at the bottom that was causing problems for people so that might help. Another thing to try is a different browser, I find firefox and google chrome work great for farm town.

Husky
Mar 06 2011, 08:15 AM
How about having a combined harvester, plower and seeder for use on your own farm? I do alot of my own harvesting as one farm is just wheat and if I employ someone to work 9 times out of 10 they up and leave as wheat isn't good enough! so I end up doing it myself. Would be GREAT if we had a combined machine for when we are doing our own farms! what do others think? :confused:

Ralle
Mar 06 2011, 09:22 AM
How about having a combined harvester, plower and seeder for use on your own farm? I do alot of my own harvesting as one farm is just wheat and if I employ someone to work 9 times out of 10 they up and leave as wheat isn't good enough! so I end up doing it myself. Would be GREAT if we had a combined machine for when we are doing our own farms! what do others think? :confused:

total agreement :)

JKB
Mar 06 2011, 08:01 PM
I'll buy that.

Lorraine Millett Snyder
Mar 06 2011, 08:07 PM

I mostly do mine too and yes that is a great idea...........

grandma pearl
Mar 06 2011, 08:16 PM
I agree too. that would be great

StoneFace
Mar 07 2011, 01:23 AM
I'll buy that.
\

Yeah, I would too..... probably cost $100 farm cash :eek: lol

mgtenner
Mar 07 2011, 01:39 PM
Sorry if this will be in the wrong category, but I canNOT find anywhere to put this! I have all of the tools...some farmers don't. I've gotten hired in the marketplace, I git to the farm and there's a person working who has no tools. My name says "All Tools Woo Woo." I used to harvest or plow half the farm and leave the rest for the person with no tools. Now I just leave if there's a person working who has no tools. I've seen folks complaining that "The farmers with the tools are taking away all the work from the ones with no tools." Don't hate because you don't have the tools! I believe that we are all adults on here and this moaning and groaning needs to stop. I had a lady on a farm tell me that she has seen posts on me being "greedy." I got to the farm, plowed it...saw her walking around round and I assumed she was the person who hired me. She wasn't. I didn't see her plow a single field or make ANY attempts to plow. I'm not greedy and was considerate of the no tools farmers before I stopped working with them. Some folks seem to take things a little too far and merciful Jesus...grow up would ya? This is just a GAME people and if you're this combative on a game, I can only imagine what you're like in the real world!

felicitycoombs
Mar 07 2011, 03:57 PM

sounds like farmville

mgtenner
Mar 07 2011, 04:19 PM
They have combines on Farmville and I LOVE it!

louwll
Mar 07 2011, 04:51 PM
I recently bought my 2x2 harvester and plower...but can't seem to be using it on other farms...once i get hired and in the farm, i access my storage to use it...i can't seem to put it anywhere on the other person's farm or use it..why is that? Or am i not doing it right?

lcswdonna
Mar 07 2011, 05:01 PM
I recently bought my 2x2 harvester and plower...but can't seem to be using it on other farms...once i get hired and in the farm, i access my storage to use it...i can't seem to put it anywhere on the other person's farm or use it..why is that? Or am i not doing it right?

Only the 4x4 tools can be used on other farms. You can use it on any of your farms, however, by either moving it around, or by putting it in storage and using it from the tool bar.

louwll
Mar 07 2011, 05:28 PM
thanx for letting me know...and there i got excited and thought i moved up a nudge lol...got to graft some more now to buy the 4x4's as working with single is so last year lol..thanx once more

HelenJS22
Mar 07 2011, 05:37 PM
Here I am again, same complaint. My 4 x 4 plower is still not working correctly. The newly compiled error message makes things worse not better, before the new one I could work round the problem a little bit, but now I can't even do that. I have emailed support - NO RESPONSE. I have done everything that is advised in this forum including all the checks for connectivity, which all say o.k. It is so frustrating, especially when I see that new items are being added by the developers all the time. Maybe they should spend more time correcting the problems for those of us that love this game and just want tools that work correctly. I want to purchase more tools, but won't because I am concerned that if my 4 x 4 plower doesn't work correctly then neither will the new tools. So after clearing my cache, clearing the flash and doing all the tests I am still no further along with either an answer to my problem or a solution. Please developers do something.

Hello, I guess you've checked everything you possibly can to do with the performance of your own computer? I have the 4x4 plower on two sets of farms and they both work brilliantly 100% of the time. I will admit that I have a very speedy computer, but my friend on a slower computer also has no problem with a plower that I sent to her a few weeks ago.

I ask simply because it must be extremely difficult for the devs to 'fix' a problem that is not a constant with all players. I know they do their absolute best but for many of us there is no problem to 'fix' with the 4x4 plower.

iam1to
Mar 07 2011, 08:39 PM
when harvesting/plowing/planting (either own farm or hired) - it takes forever for the avatar to "catch-up" to the work (meaning that if someone has 500 fields - the person working can do all 500 in "2 minutes" but the avatar takes "5 minutes" - it is annoying if you only have 10 minutes and each things takes "5 minutes" (harvest 5 plow 5 plant 5 - thats 15 minutes (example only)) - if working own farm it takes forever to do everything (or have to reload that farm - either leave and come back or change farm and return to "catch-up") - "speed-up" the avatar and it's work to match the real persons work - if you hired someone - its hard to try and "catch" them to plow after harvest - or wait for 5 minutes for them to "catch-up" to the work

when click on someone factory job post - hate that it loads and asks you if you want to get started - then reloads the farm again - either remove the "lets get started" pop-up (or whatever it says) or do not reload the farm

it freezes when loading

hate the "lag" when switching farms - mainly on others farms (but on any farm) - it freezes when loading, after its loaded it takes a few to "catch-up" - like when going through to do the water/weed/rake its slow, its slow when going through someones farm to water flowers

hate the "pop-ups" to help out on someones farm - sometime wait on a farm for someone to arrive to work and get those pop-ups

mgtenner
Mar 08 2011, 08:41 AM
This brings to mind that the Buddy List is now showing ANY buddies online since Sunday. It hasn't worked for two days now. I have to locate a buddy's name and send them a message to find out if they're online or not. When will this be repaired please?

Deyo
Mar 08 2011, 04:01 PM
Sorry if this will be in the wrong category, but I canNOT find anywhere to put this! I have all of the tools...some farmers don't. I've gotten hired in the marketplace, I git to the farm and there's a person working who has no tools. My name says "All Tools Woo Woo." I used to harvest or plow half the farm and leave the rest for the person with no tools. Now I just leave if there's a person working who has no tools. I've seen folks complaining that "The farmers with the tools are taking away all the work from the ones with no tools." Don't hate because you don't have the tools! I believe that we are all adults on here and this moaning and groaning needs to stop. I had a lady on a farm tell me that she has seen posts on me being "greedy." I got to the farm, plowed it...saw her walking around round and I assumed she was the person who hired me. She wasn't. I didn't see her plow a single field or make ANY attempts to plow. I'm not greedy and was considerate of the no tools farmers before I stopped working with them. Some folks seem to take things a little too far and merciful Jesus...grow up would ya? This is just a GAME people and if you're this combative on a game, I can only imagine what you're like in the real world!
i'm interested in learning how you use your tools on other folks farms. I haven't found any threads that explain this. I'm assuming you aren't using auto clicker for speed, right?

mgtenner
Mar 08 2011, 04:03 PM
Hi. I don't anything but use my mouse. You know how to get to your tools to use on other farms, right?

JAS0643
Mar 08 2011, 11:42 PM
when harvesting/plowing/planting (either own farm or hired) - it takes forever for the avatar to "catch-up" to the work (meaning that if someone has 500 fields - the person working can do all 500 in "2 minutes" but the avatar takes "5 minutes" - it is annoying if you only have 10 minutes and each things takes "5 minutes" (harvest 5 plow 5 plant 5 - thats 15 minutes (example only)) - if working own farm it takes forever to do everything (or have to reload that farm - either leave and come back or change farm and return to "catch-up") - "speed-up" the avatar and it's work to match the real persons work - if you hired someone - its hard to try and "catch" them to plow after harvest - or wait for 5 minutes for them to "catch-up" to the work

when click on someone factory job post - hate that it loads and asks you if you want to get started - then reloads the farm again - either remove the "lets get started" pop-up (or whatever it says) or do not reload the farm

it freezes when loading

hate the "lag" when switching farms - mainly on others farms (but on any farm) - it freezes when loading, after its loaded it takes a few to "catch-up" - like when going through to do the water/weed/rake its slow, its slow when going through someones farm to water flowers

hate the "pop-ups" to help out on someones farm - sometime wait on a farm for someone to arrive to work and get those pop-ups

When you harvest, plow, or plant you do not have to wait for the avatar to walk to each field. After you have all the fields queued up, click on the disk at the top of the game, this saves the work you have done, then reload the game, or accept another hire request. You can reload the game several ways, by clicking on play, going to one of your other farms, going to a neighbors farm, or the mp, then you can go back to the farm you where working on and all the work will be done.

Deyo
Mar 10 2011, 06:49 PM
I just get a kick out of working on other folks farms, seeing how they lay things out and decorate.

And now i'm lusting after all the tools that make work faster and not so hard on my clicking hand! ;)

Sure would be great if i could trade facilities i bought with FC for tools that require FC.

any chance of that ever happening?:)

snow_angel
Mar 10 2011, 07:17 PM
i'm interested in learning how you use your tools on other folks farms. I haven't found any threads that explain this. I'm assuming you aren't using auto clicker for speed, right?

Put your tools in storage then when you're hired to work another's farm they will show up at the bottom then you just have to click on them to use

Yuma Guy
Mar 11 2011, 10:44 AM
I would be all for a combined harvester, plower, seeder.

Of the current tools, which are transportable to work on other people's farms? It would be helpful if more info were available like it is with the "?" icon on the facilities which explain what the facility does and uses.

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 11 2011, 10:52 AM
I would be all for a combined harvester, plower, seeder.

Of the current tools, which are transportable to work on other people's farms? It would be helpful if more info were available like it is with the "?" icon on the facilities which explain what the facility does and uses.

All FC tools can go to other farms if they are in storage. Check out our Game Guide for more info (link in my signature). Chapter 21, I think is tools.

kittykat1958
Mar 11 2011, 05:39 PM
do you get double the crops if you harvest them yourself is they are fertilzed?

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 11 2011, 05:45 PM
do you get double the crops if you harvest them yourself is they are fertilzed?

If they are fertlized, you get double the crops.

If you work for someone who has a fertilizied farm, instead of getting 10% you'll get double.

kittykat1958
Mar 11 2011, 06:03 PM
thanks Double T,It was my understanding that if you harvest your own crops if fertilzized you dont get double the crops,

So i just wanted to make sure i did before i harvest them myself as most of the time ive been hiring other to harvest my crops now that i have the 4x4 i want to harvest them myself and get double the crops.

Yuma Guy
Mar 11 2011, 08:08 PM
Maybe I was not clear in my question. Which tools can be used on a neighbor's farm?

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 11 2011, 08:12 PM
Maybe I was not clear in my question. Which tools can be used on a neighbor's farm?

All farm cash tools. Like I said, you can see which ones in the Game Guide, Chapter 21 (link in my signature).

rklsdl
Mar 15 2011, 10:48 PM

I have problems with 4x4 plower as well. Just recently bought it & every time I've tried to use it a time-out error pops out & I have to refresh. If I'm able to go back to the person's farm, either very few squares or no squares I've clicked have been plowed. Very frustrating!

Tiger
Mar 16 2011, 10:13 AM
I have problems with 4x4 plower as well. Just recently bought it & every time I've tried to use it a time-out error pops out & I have to refresh. If I'm able to go back to the person's farm, either very few squares or no squares I've clicked have been plowed. Very frustrating!

Hello,

Have you tried .......
clearing your browser cache and also the macromedia file for cdn.slashkey, close browser, reload game. Then go back to the adobe site and increase the storage allowed for cdn.slashkey to 1MB. If that doesnt help you could also try removing the flash player for the browser you are using and installing a new copy. Instructions , if you need them, can be found........
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

pythonis
Mar 16 2011, 10:54 AM
All farm cash tools. All except for the manure spreader, bulldozer (yeah thatd be a hoot), forklift, and/or seeder.

LadyLen
Mar 16 2011, 11:13 AM
I have a problem not found anywhere else on here. my manure spreader I used on 4 farms ran out of manure, now when I try to do ANYTHING else on farms move a tree, building etc. It keeps popping up need nine more to fertilize what gives with this? I want to move a facility not fertilize, I don't have enough room for all I need to do anyway...if fertilizing would make farm bigger that would be a hoot lol. can't wait for 9th farm I really believe we need a full dozen and then quit with adding farms, that would be enough to plant and not have to rotate crops so often. Anyway I will b grateful for whatever you can provide us.
Back to problem, caches are clear, installed/reinstalled adobe, started restarted puter, I am level 185, 8 farms 3 Mill+ in both coin & xps, Google Chrome, Linked, HELP PLEASE! Ya'll have a beautiful, blessed day and thx for ALL you do, sorry for all the gripes. Lady Len Carver

Taz D
Mar 16 2011, 01:20 PM
I have a problem not found anywhere else on here. my manure spreader I used on 4 farms ran out of manure, now when I try to do ANYTHING else on farms move a tree, building etc. It keeps popping up need nine more to fertilize what gives with this? I want to move a facility not fertilize, I don't have enough room for all I need to do anyway...if fertilizing would make farm bigger that would be a hoot lol. can't wait for 9th farm I really believe we need a full dozen and then quit with adding farms, that would be enough to plant and not have to rotate crops so often. Anyway I will b grateful for whatever you can provide us.
Back to problem, caches are clear, installed/reinstalled adobe, started restarted puter, I am level 185, 8 farms 3 Mill+ in both coin & xps, Google Chrome, Linked, HELP PLEASE! Ya'll have a beautiful, blessed day and thx for ALL you do, sorry for all the gripes. Lady Len Carver
Did you click on the little green man after fertilizing to remove the manure spreader tool from your pointer?

LadyLen
Mar 16 2011, 11:38 PM

DUH NOW I FEEL REALLY STUPID !! THX FOR RESPONDING blush blush.. nervous giggle

marlinfouad
Mar 20 2011, 10:50 AM
hi i thing all players gonna want to have a tool to unwitered the wasted crops cuz sometimes we d'ont have time to follow the crops untile its ready to be harvested thanks hope you make this tool as soon as possible

Don't feed the beggers
Mar 20 2011, 01:35 PM
you want a tool that will unwither the crops??? Do I understand that?

marlinfouad
Mar 20 2011, 02:16 PM
you want a tool that will unwither the crops??? Do i understand that?

thanks for reply yes i mean that a tool that when i live crops for several days and get wasted i need a tool to refresh again to be able to harvest it cuz i lost verry much coin when it wasted hope you understand what i mean it will help all the players

Don't feed the beggers
Mar 20 2011, 02:26 PM
thanks for reply yes i mean that a tool that when i live crops for several days and get wasted i need a tool to refresh again to be able to harvest it cuz i lost verry much coin when it wasted hope you understand what i mean it will help all the players

that would defeat the purpose of the game, my opinion only of course. Dead crops do not come back to life....unless of course there is a glitch in the game and the devs turn off the withering option..part of what keeps people coming back to the game is to prevent withering by harvesting.

marlinfouad
Mar 20 2011, 02:48 PM
that would defeat the purpose of the game, my opinion only of course. Dead crops do not come back to life....unless of course there is a glitch in the game and the devs turn off the withering option..part of what keeps people coming back to the game is to prevent withering by harvesting.

maybe your right but the gamers can return to the game with the facilities too not just with crops that will be a usefull tool to have any way thank you for replying to my question hope that the developers can do such a tool thank you verry much sorry 4 buthering you

Don't feed the beggers
Mar 20 2011, 03:14 PM
maybe your right but the gamers can return to the game with the facilities too not just with crops that will be a usefull tool to have any way thank you for replying to my question hope that the developers can do such a tool thank you verry much sorry 4 buthering you

you didn't bother me at all, nor would you, thats what this board is here for. I have no control over what the devs do or don't do, I know there is a suggestion forum, it might be better to put this suggestion into that forum, it's my understanding that the devs DO read that forum but NOT this one.

exqwsit
Mar 21 2011, 05:30 AM
Tools exspensive
Why are the tools so exspensive?
The tree shaker 8x4 is dearer than the 8x8 ??? You have to buy the dearer one first in order to buy the other.
The same for the manure speader and boats.
I agree with Husky having a combined machine like on farmville, it harvests plows and seeds in one go.
I left Farmville to play this game as I found it better.

pythonis
Mar 22 2011, 12:34 PM
whats a dearer one?

Tiger
Mar 22 2011, 03:41 PM
Tools exspensive
Why are the tools so exspensive?
The tree shaker 8x4 is dearer than the 8x8 ??? You have to buy the dearer one first in order to buy the other.
The same for the manure speader and boats.
I agree with Husky having a combined machine like on farmville, it harvests plows and seeds in one go.
I left Farmville to play this game as I found it better.

Hello,

To clarify...

The orange manure spreader, 8x8 tree shaker and 5x5 fishing boat, are not alternatives to the other tools, they are all upgrades to them, which is why they are cheaper. You have to own the other ones before you can use the upgrades.

~Carole~
Mar 24 2011, 08:18 AM
Hi, this probably seems a silly question but I'm having a senior moment today :) Do I need the manure spreader to fertilize my farms?? xxc

simplyboo
Mar 24 2011, 08:57 AM
yep you sure do :) xxSBxx

StoneFace
Mar 24 2011, 09:18 AM
Hi, this probably seems a silly question but I'm having a senior moment today :) Do I need the manure spreader to fertilize my farms?? xxc

One manure spreader (keep it in storage) will work on all your farms.

One pig sty, fully stocked (100 poopers) can be harvested for the manure.

It takes 50 poops to fully fertilize one farm for 3 days (regardless of how many item you have, or how often you plant/harvest/plow)

So you might consider having 2 stys on different farms, or 100++++ pigs on one farm (slower loading with the over-100 excess walking around). Then you should be good to go as long as you harvest regularly,

It will make your 8 farms like 16, give you lots more craps, I mean crops, and then you get to pay $FC for more facilities.

.............. method to the madness.............

~Carole~
Mar 24 2011, 11:32 AM
Thank you Simplyboo & Stoneface; its all alot clearer now. Happy farming xx

JAS0643
Mar 24 2011, 01:19 PM
Really 100 pigs is enough you might be a little short at first but you will soon have more manure then you can use. You can harvest the pigs twice a day so it adds up quickly.

Angel70
Mar 25 2011, 02:15 AM
I would like to come back to what IcswDonna said. I have noticed it too. I have some pine trees on one of my farms for decoration. When I fertilize my farm, all trees and crops are fertilized, but, those pine trees that I don't chop because they are only there for decoration, go from fertilezed to not fertilized. It is not a big of a deal since I don't chop them, but I kinda love the frosty look on the trees when they are fertilized. I just wonder why they don't stay fertilized.

Angel70
Mar 25 2011, 03:23 AM
Would love to have a harvester-plower-seeder tool. Most of the time I do all the work myself and a tool like that would sure make everything easier and faster. Some people say that a tool like that would be the same or a lot like farmville. So what? What has farmville got to do with this? I don't play farmville anymore.

Patsy1
Apr 03 2011, 09:42 PM
I have 7 farms, 36,154,653 points and I am fed up. I want to work
other farms but no because I can't buy a 4X4 harvester with points.
That means I have wasted how many thousands of points buying the smaller ones? Can I use them NO.

I think we are cheated because most machines have to be bought with farm cash. That IS NOT FAIR. I work/ play as hard as anyone but am held back because I can't buy the farm cash.

So I made the decision to not play anymore. Maybe if things were put on level ground for us all I will come back. I am also telling everyone to boycott Farmtown.:mad:

JennaSweetness
Apr 03 2011, 09:56 PM
That means I have wasted how many thousands of points buying the smaller ones? Can I use them NO.

I think we are cheated because most machines have to be bought with farm cash. That IS NOT FAIR. I work/ play as hard as anyone but am held back because I can't buy the farm cash.

So I made the decision to not play anymore. Maybe if things were put on level ground for us all I will come back. I am also telling everyone to boycott Farmtown.:mad:

I don't think we are being cheated at all. The developers have to offer items that must be purchased with farm cash in order for them to keep adding onto the game and to make a living. For the most part this game can be played for free, but if you want the premium items you need to spend some money on the game or you can do the offers on FT for Farm Cash. They have a ton of them, that ony take a few mins to complete.

If you played that other farm game, you wouldn't get anywhere because EVERYTHING requires farm cash. So I would say Farm Town is VERY FAIR!

evemarie
Apr 03 2011, 11:24 PM
i don't think it's being cheated, either. i won't spend my money for a 4x4 machine - i have limited funds for games and i'd rather buy some new facilities. but - i can still plow, plant, and harvest with a 3x3 machine. that's not really that many more clicks. now, if we could only plant with a machine that required real cash to buy, that would be cheating the other players.

actually, the other farm game doesn't require cash, either. i spend some there - because i buy trees. but i can farm just fine with the machines i built without spending any money.

StoneFace
Apr 04 2011, 12:48 AM

If you have 36million points, and "only" 7 farms all I can say is wow. I assume that you mean coins, and in that case, $36million is not all that much by today's easy standards.

Sorry you feel you have wasted your real money, or feel cheated because some items are $FC. How far do you think the game would go if the $FC items were things which the players did NOT really want.

Of course the "better" stuff is going to cost much more.

Entitlements......... seems like so much today is based on entitlements. :(

Tony D
Apr 04 2011, 05:06 AM
Hi, just a friendly reminder, all members are welcome to express their views be they negative or positive ( or even a little of both ). Please keep this in mind when responding to posts. :)

Thanks , Tony

al_bundy
Apr 04 2011, 05:20 AM
sorry tony i just get irritated about things like that as i can appreciate what the devs do and give us

Whoopsidaisy
Apr 04 2011, 06:23 AM
My grandkids don't work for other farmers except their facilities every once in a while. They grow crops and harvest them themselves or ask me for help. They don't even have facilities. NONE of us have the 4x4 tools and each of us has more money then you do. I started a group of farm town friends to keep track of the 8 people who sent gifts out of the over 100 neighbors I have here, it's growing daily, so have my gifts. We have added almost 90 people in just a short time, we let each other know when facilities are posted, get help for problems for people who can't navigate the forum and generally have a great time sharing our addiction to this game. Before I started the group, I thought there were very few people who played. Not so, thank goodness, or why would the Devs. even bother to add so many great things? I am quite sure there are people who don't care if you have the 4x4 tools or not, it's up to you to find them. It's part of the game. Start your own group, add all your neighbors, ask for new friends on the forum, maybe find others who don't have the 4x4 tools and you could all work for each other instead of wishing you had tools you don't need.

artisanrox
Apr 04 2011, 07:09 AM
actually, the other farm game doesn't require cash, either. i spend some there - because i buy trees. but i can farm just fine with the machines i built without spending any money.

What doesn't require real money there, requires constant begging neighbors and friends for parts.

I think FT is very fair. I have no interest in getting the 4x4 tools as I don't like to work on other farms enough to justify their purchase. Simply managing my own farm (and now a new cat inthe house) takes all my time to play.

How do you get to 36mill XP before you get tired of playing???

bluemoon2011
Apr 04 2011, 07:51 AM
It is possible to purchase the 4x4 harvester & plow without using real money, you just have to be patient and save those FC that you earn when you level up. If you check the free offers on the "earn cash and coins" tab you can sometimes earn a few coins that way and speed up the process. I have the tools and facilities that I want (I don't have all of them, but I don't need all of them) and over 2 years I have only spent $20 of real momey. Sometimes I can't buy something I want immediately when it comes out, but eventually I'm always able to. I'm a farmer's daughter and a farmer's wife in real life and believe me, most real farmers can't go out and buy the biggest and best farm equipment the minute it comes on the market either. It requires a lot of saving and planning ahead and learning to be selective about the things you buy.

clogger
Apr 04 2011, 07:54 AM
I don't understand why the OP feels she can not work because she does not have the 4x4. Lots of farmers don't have the big equipment. But it is not up to me to judge her opinion. She is not asking for help or suggestions on how to farm more effectively with only the 3x3, or even just the 2x2.

It is just a game we play for entertainment. Just like other forms of leisure activities, if one is not having fun, don't do it.

Tatty Patch
Apr 04 2011, 08:11 AM
I don't have any 4x4 either, work my own farm mostly, and rarely if ever work other farms, except any neighbours that ask me directly. I use the 3x3 on my own farm, and would rather put my $ into facilities.

I get along fine with the 3x3, though I would like to be able to use more than just the 1x1 on other farms, maybe the 2x2, just to speed things along a little, not for my sake, but for the farmer I'm working for.

However to quit farmtown is a matter of individual choice, which personally I don't see the need for, but that's just my view. But to slate it to others is taking things too far, and a sign of someone taking the GAME (yes GAME) far too seriously.

This is still in development stages, we are all 'testing' the game, and it costs money to a) develop further and b) to maintain such a popular game to the level it is now. Yes there are glitches, but please, if you do leave, that's up to you, but don't spoil it for others, let them choose.

Happy pants
Apr 04 2011, 08:36 AM
All that being said, however, the idea of "feedback" is to gather information on everybody's experience, positive and negative, and add to or improve features of the game so that the majority of players have a good time and positive experience. Boycotts give the devs no feedback at all.

tnbravesgirl
Apr 04 2011, 10:08 AM
How sad that you feel you are being cheated.
Wondering if your number of exp points is correct or if that happens to be Coins.

I have played as an "addict" since March 2009 and do not have 36 million exp points and I have ALL TOOLS. *and you feel cheated?*

I know some are limited to the amount of farmcash they want to purchase in order to get the land, facilities or machinery.......but that is their choice.
We all have choices (thankfully)....if yours is to quit...I hope you find something as enjoyable as I have found in Farmtown.

Way to go developers, appreciate all the hard work you do!

Valntyn
Apr 04 2011, 11:01 AM
Entitlements......... seems like so much today is based on entitlements
Agreed Now where is mine?? JK

platnm6309
Apr 04 2011, 11:24 AM
I agree with the others. But think about it. How much do you spend on you kids buying them games at walmart or gamestop? mega bucks i am sure. So, what is the difference in spending a little here for the dev's to keep going?

You want it all handed to you for free? I don't think so, but yet, this game is basically free, so, if you want something, either purchase it or stay quiet. Not everything is going to be handed to you for free.

Now, I would like to be able to sell or trade in a factory at a reasonable price and if I paid FC for it, I would like to get FC back. Now that I think is fair!!

Just my 2 cents.:)

Tokeloshe
Apr 04 2011, 11:28 AM
Encouraging a boycott amongst people who weren't planning to buy anything anyway doesn't seem a very effective thing to do.
The advertising at the bottom of the screen has been discontinued and that down the side belongs to facebook.
Outside of people buying things it is hard to see how the developers are keeping going.

florhel
Apr 04 2011, 12:13 PM
I just bought the super boat that catches 25 fish at a time even though I had the other one. I too am on a limited budget but I really enjoy few things and this game I love. Maybe we could ask the developers to add a consignment shop and they could still make money getting a percentage towards unwanted by the sellers but needed by some buyers that would relish used tools or even unwanted utilities that now bore them.

StoneFace
Apr 04 2011, 03:54 PM
Entitlements......... seems like so much today is based on entitlements
Agreed Now where is mine?? JK

Are you entitled? :D

StoneFace
Apr 04 2011, 04:00 PM
I just bought the super boat that catches 25 fish at a time even though I had the other one. I too am on a limited budget but I really enjoy few things and this game I love. Maybe we could ask the developers to add a consignment shop and they could still make money getting a percentage towards unwanted by the sellers but needed by some buyers that would relish used tools or even unwanted utilities that now bore them.

That would be nice to have. I have some things I just do not use.

Multiple Harvesters
Multiple Plowers
Multiple Seeders
(which I would give for free to a new player.... do I get a farm tax deduction?)

I have put the Rubber Plants in storage, and sold off all the rubber trees.
I have put the Metal Plant in storage, and just sell the copper or chrome produced by 3 mines (at each farm account0
I have put the Toy Factory in storage till next Christmas.
etc
etc
etc.

Would I sell them? Maybe. But if I were a dev, I would not want the headache of writing that code for all things to all players. They have enough to do GETTING THAT DARN 9TH FARM HERE !!!!!! :D

aquablue
Apr 17 2011, 10:08 PM
Why is it that they charge so much for 1 tool then to ugrade the charge the same for example the Manure is $ 50.00 for it then to upgrage it's another $40.00.
That is a total of $90.00 spent. I think it's okay for the facilites but to upgrade something that you purchase and costed an arm and a leg, well I think it's not right.

Thank you....

Dweeb
Apr 18 2011, 01:59 AM
It's all about the real world cash, and how much they hope they can get. they tease us giving us 1 every level, but beyond that... open up that wallet.

Don't feed the beggers
Apr 18 2011, 07:09 AM
keep in mind that 1 farmcash $ does not equal $1...

Happy pants
Apr 18 2011, 08:22 PM
If you buy the $250 FC at a time, it's 6.25 FC to a dollar. So a 50 FC tool costs you 8 bucks. I pay more than that to go to a movie.

alyceclover
Apr 20 2011, 12:46 AM
Okay, so it takes 50 units of manure to fertilize an entire farm no matter how many plots are on it. Does that hold true when upgrading the manure spreader? Or are more units needed to fertilize trees and flowers?

When I started exchanging gifts for pigs, I thought I would be fertilizing plots, not farms. With 100 pigs, the manure keeps increasing and I do not know how to use it up.

Taz D
Apr 20 2011, 12:52 AM
Okay, so it takes 50 units of manure to fertilize an entire farm no matter how many plots are on it. Does that hold true when upgrading the manure spreader? Or are more units needed to fertilize trees and flowers?

When I started exchanging gifts for pigs, I thought I would be fertilizing plots, not farms. With 100 pigs, the manure keeps increasing and I do not know how to use it up.
Amount needed stays the same. You only need 50 per farm every 3 days regardless of whether you have the red or the orange spreader.

aquablue
Apr 20 2011, 02:17 AM
Thank you all for sharing your opinion :)

al_bundy
Apr 20 2011, 02:35 AM
1 have 1 pig sty 100 pigs

25000 manure units which coule be said is one huge pile of ....

Tony D
Apr 20 2011, 03:03 AM
1 have 1 pig sty 100 pigs

25000 manure units which coule be said is one huge pile of ....Manure :)...

al_bundy
Apr 20 2011, 03:06 AM
yeah thats it ;)

Whoopsidaisy
Apr 20 2011, 10:49 AM
I stopped collecting pigs at 89. I have 5 stacked farms, more poo then I know what to do with, lol. Some days I collect once, some twice and some not at all. I still have around 3000 units in reserve even if all my farms needed fertilized at the same time. I'm more worried about the fertilizer from my farms running off into the seas and lakes and poisoning my fish ;)

Happy pants
Apr 20 2011, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know if the manure spreader tops out? I've got about 9000 units and no way to get rid of the excess.

Taz D
Apr 20 2011, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know if the manure spreader tops out? I've got about 9000 units and no way to get rid of the excess.
You could stop collecting from the pig sty for a while. Too bad we can't sell off some of the excess.

Oopsy-Bumpty
Apr 20 2011, 11:57 AM
I'm more worried about the fertilizer from my farms running off into the seas and lakes and poisoning my fish ;)

haha :D:D:D

Would be great if we could sell it off to those that need it

Happy pants
Apr 20 2011, 04:06 PM
Or even sell it to Tom.... but it isn't stored in Storage, it's stored in the spreader.

Suzie Brown-Dehner
Apr 20 2011, 04:22 PM
Or even sell it to Tom.... but it isn't stored in Storage, it's stored in the spreader.

I have a huge collection of manure too... What on earth do we do with it all... :eek:

alyceclover
Apr 22 2011, 11:50 AM
Amount needed stays the same. You only need 50 per farm every 3 days regardless of whether you have the red or the orange spreader.

TY I was hoping the orange spreader would help deplete stockpile of manure, but wanted to be sure before buying one. I guess the best thing to do, then, is just to stop collecting manure until the supply dwindles.

Happy pants
Apr 22 2011, 10:12 PM
But my pigs are going to be up to their eyeballs in.... never mind

Oopsy-Bumpty
Apr 22 2011, 11:43 PM
I have come to the conclusion that most of us seem to be suffering from some kind of OCD when it comes to collecting manure. We don't need it yet we still collect it. I definitely don't need it, yet every morning it's the first thing I do. I LOVE collecting manure.

Taz D
Apr 23 2011, 01:12 AM
I have come to the conclusion that most of us seem to be suffering from some kind of OCD when it comes to collecting manure. We don't need it yet we still collect it. I definitely don't need it, yet every morning it's the first thing I do. I LOVE collecting manure.
Pink that sounds like a serious addiction...:eek:

al_bundy
Apr 23 2011, 01:47 AM
TY I was hoping the orange spreader would help deplete stockpile of manure, but wanted to be sure before buying one. I guess the best thing to do, then, is just to stop collecting manure until the supply dwindles.

the orange one doubles the production on your trees and flowers aswell.

where as the red one doesent

al_bundy
Apr 23 2011, 01:48 AM
[QUOTE=Happy pants;4602622]But my pigs are going to be up to their eyeballs in.... never mind[/QUOTE

Looks like i started something when i did my line similar

alyceclover
Apr 23 2011, 02:12 PM
the orange one doubles the production on your trees and flowers aswell.

where as the red one doesent

Yes, I know, but I no longer have any flowers. If I decide to use Flower Shop in the fall, I might consider the orange one. It would be helpful with trees, but at the moment I need other dollar facilities and short on cash to buy anymore FC.

My main interest was in depleting manure, not the fertilizing.

Taz D
Apr 23 2011, 03:55 PM
Yes, I know, but I no longer have any flowers. If I decide to use Flower Shop in the fall, I might consider the orange one. It would be helpful with trees, but at the moment I need other dollar facilities and short on cash to buy anymore FC.

My main interest was in depleting manure, not the fertilizing.
Only way to do that is to stop collecting it from the pig sty until you have depleted you supply.:D

StoneFace
Apr 23 2011, 04:02 PM

hhmmmm

"perhaps yours don't stink" :p

Oopsy-Bumpty
Apr 23 2011, 08:22 PM
Pink that sounds like a serious addiction...:eek:

Yep no hope for me Taz :D:D

smithogenie
Apr 29 2011, 06:16 PM
I bought one yesterday & added it to my storage. It is NOT there today. :(

beckar22
May 01 2011, 06:11 PM
I am having trouble using my tools on other farms. I placed them in my storage and when I click on "use", it shows the tool put it won't work. I have just started back playing and this is new to me. Please help!

Double T Dude Ranch
May 01 2011, 06:13 PM
I am having trouble using my tools on other farms. I placed them in my storage and when I click on "use", it shows the tool put it won't work. I have just started back playing and this is new to me. Please help!

Your tools with either appear next to the storage icon or if you are hired multiple, you can access them through the extended tool bar in the yellow tool box. But Farm Cash tools only on others' farms.

beckar22
May 01 2011, 06:14 PM
So it won't work on the lesser 2 x 2 tractors??

JAS0643
May 01 2011, 06:20 PM
So it won't work on the lesser 2 x 2 tractors??

No because that is a coin tool not a farm cash tool.

Eradani
May 01 2011, 07:19 PM
i was soo happy when my farms were full size (32x32 plots) and bought the 4x4 harvester and plow and could harvest a field evenly. what i mean is... 32/4 has remainder of 0

so now i bought the 5x5 combine and BOOO 32/5 has a remainder of 2 !! the future looks even worse as 32/6 also has a remainder of 2 and it's not until 8x8 tools that we get back to 32/8 has remainder 0 and Evenness ... Completeness.

i also bought the 4x4 seeder, so at least my seeding can work out even but it is going to subtly bother me every time i use my combine :(

i know some people may think i'm being silly, but there's lots of people that are going to feel this way as humans like Remainder 0. that feeling of Evenness or Completion.

I'll give you more FC for a 4x4 combine plz. you could sell it as a addon for the 5x5 combine "for tight spaces" or something. I just want that Remainder 0 feeling again.

Handy Sandy
May 02 2011, 09:20 AM
I love the new updates and really appreciate any tool that will speed up the time I spend on FT, but the green chainsaw was a waste of my money. I find it doesn't cut any more trees than the orange chainsaw. I am very disappointed. We could also use a tool that would harvest more than one fruit tree at a time. Now, I would spend money on that!

chiquitathechihuahua
May 02 2011, 09:44 AM
just a suggestions on the tools. We have bought tools and to upgrade it costs so much and the tools that we bought is useless when we buy an upgrade. Is there a possibility that we could trade it in, like trading in an old car to buy a new one. I was calculating the tools I need and it will cost me about a $100,00,

slashdot
May 02 2011, 09:46 AM
We do have something that does more than one fruit tree at a time. It is the tree shaker. Should be under tools in the store. :) Have a good day.

JAS0643
May 02 2011, 11:02 AM
I love the new updates and really appreciate any tool that will speed up the time I spend on FT, but the green chainsaw was a waste of my money. I find it doesn't cut any more trees than the orange chainsaw. I am very disappointed. We could also use a tool that would harvest more than one fruit tree at a time. Now, I would spend money on that!

Um the green chain saw will cut up to 64 trees where the orange one will cut up to 32 trees so the green one will cut twice as many trees if you have them set up right. Now on the harvesting more then one fruit tree at a time that is what the tree shaker does. The orange one will harvest up to 32 at a time and the green one will harvest up to 64 at one time.

Handy Sandy
May 02 2011, 09:07 PM
Well, I've been playing since 2009 and I never knew that was what you use the tree shaker for. lol. I will have to buy one.

Vivarant
May 04 2011, 11:35 AM
I took a break from FT for a while and now i'm back. it's great to see so many improvements and the tools seem awesome.

I plan to get several of the tools but my problem is this. why do you need to buy a smaller tool just to buy a larger tool? This is a waste of money. If i want a large fishing boat why do i need to buy the smaller one first? the same with the plowers. and what on earth do you do with the smaller ones after you've purchased the larger ones?

So far i have the 4x4 harvester and while i love it i DON'T love that i am unable to use it on multiple hires. Why is that? i'm guessing it's because i don't have a combine, is that the case?

Taz D
May 04 2011, 12:21 PM
I took a break from FT for a while and now i'm back. it's great to see so many improvements and the tools seem awesome.

I plan to get several of the tools but my problem is this. why do you need to buy a smaller tool just to buy a larger tool? This is a waste of money. If i want a large fishing boat why do i need to buy the smaller one first? the same with the plowers. and what on earth do you do with the smaller ones after you've purchased the larger ones?

So far i have the 4x4 harvester and while i love it i DON'T love that i am unable to use it on multiple hires. Why is that? i'm guessing it's because i don't have a combine, is that the case?
You need the smaller tools for the larger ones to work. The larger are upgrades to the smaller which is why they have a lower price on the larger ones. Keep all of your tools in storage and they will work from there without having to pull them out and placing on farm.
When you are hired for multi-hire you have to use the Extended toolbox to get to your tools. That is the yellow toolbox on the far right, then click on the green arrow at the top. Select your tool from the box that jumps out.

Vivarant
May 04 2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info i will look out for the Extended Tool Box. I guess i haven't been doing that right. but it's good to know you can use the harvester for that. now let me see if i can get hired so i can test it out ;)

and i understand that the larger tools don't work unless you've bought the smaller ones first my concern is that you are being forced to buy two tools. i guess stop at the 4x4 rather than pay twice for the same tool.

I just think you should have the option of buying either or. Even if you make the largest one slightly higher.

auntyPix
May 05 2011, 06:01 AM
If you buy the $250 FC at a time, it's 6.25 FC to a dollar. So a 50 FC tool costs you 8 bucks. I pay more than that to go to a movie.
hmmn I think you are not including any currency rates in this equation Happy Pants. Not all of us can deal in $US & thus we end up paying conversion fees with our FC purchases.

Mrs Grump
May 05 2011, 11:28 AM
hmmn I think you are not including any curren gcy rates in this equation Happy Pants. Not all of us can deal in $US & thus we end up paying conversion fees with our FC purchases.

I agree, Im in Australia.

I get annoyed at the fact the seeder is something you cant use on other ppls farms, yet they charge 45 fc just like you do with the plower and harvester. give us a break guys, Im on a pension and so far bought 4 lots of 250 fc. It certainly doesnt make up for all the crashs I have, lagging, not being able to go from one farm to another of my own farms till over a minute later. I love this game, but jaysus I hate it too. :mad:

Lorraine Millett Snyder
May 05 2011, 03:31 PM
I thought when i bought the fork lift to do the facilites faster that you could use it on everyones farms. I am disappointed that it can only be used at home by the time you do a few friends the clicking is tiresome..i would have passed on that one.

Happy pants
May 05 2011, 09:23 PM
hmmn I think you are not including any currency rates in this equation Happy Pants. Not all of us can deal in $US & thus we end up paying conversion fees with our FC purchases.

I don't live in the United States either, if you had bothered to look.

Canuk
May 06 2011, 07:57 PM
Just a thought, but most have no idea how the new combine tools works, (fact that in order for it to be used you must hire the person multiple)
I find myself spending more time explaining this over and over. it's very frustrating to accept a regular hire for harvest, then when I'm almost done, they come back and send a request for plow. That's all wonderful, but I could have done it all in one click if hired correctly to start with. The other scenario is they hire regular for harvest, and I ask them if they want me to plow, they say yes, then I have to request they rehire with the multiple hire. Some have even got angry with me because they hired me with the regular hire, I start harvesting and they state "I though you had the combine", when I explain they need to hire multi for me to use it, they argue I'm wrong!
Would it be possible to put it out there on the signs when you get to FT like you advertise everything else? People who don't have the tool have no idea. OR better still, allow it to be used on all hires for crops.
Just a few thoughts..........

alicea
May 06 2011, 08:22 PM
thank you for the info on a new tool. Perhaps you can help with one not quite as new. I purchased the ordering station and do not see it producing anything faster even though they said it doubles the delivery. What am I missing? Thanks.

Taz D
May 07 2011, 01:50 AM
thank you for the info on a new tool. Perhaps you can help with one not quite as new. I purchased the ordering station and do not see it producing anything faster even though they said it doubles the delivery. What am I missing? Thanks.
It doubles the the amount delivered by cutting the delivery time in half. The normal (without the ordering station) is 1 hour for each batch (2 hours for yeast). With the ordering station the delivery time is 30 minutes per batch (1 hour for yeast).

alicea
May 07 2011, 07:22 AM
thank you for your input. I don't see the difference. perhaps I would have if I started with an empty trailer. with things processing already I didn't see any change. now know what to look for. thank you very much.

santorm
May 10 2011, 06:43 AM
Can someone please explain how to use this tool? I have bought one, but am at a loss as to its use...... Thank you.:)

Santo

Tony D
May 10 2011, 06:54 AM
Can someone please explain how to use this tool? I have bought one, but am at a loss as to its use...... Thank you.:)

SantoHi, you don't use the tool as such, simply owning it and having it on your farm or in storage halves the production time of products in the Semi-Trailer and allows you to order all of a product with one click.

CEmond
May 10 2011, 07:34 AM
Having trouble using my 4x4 harvester and plower on others farms. Worked last night but this morning it's a no go. Anybody know why this is happening? Is it something I'm not doing or need to do?

Christine

florhel
May 10 2011, 07:45 AM
:confused:my son purchased me the harvest combo and sent me 120 farm cash He did not know I had not bought the 5x5 plow or harvester this morn just now I purchased all 3 plow harvester and combo instead I now have 2 harvesters (5x5) but now combo WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO HELP

Tony D
May 10 2011, 07:50 AM
:confused:my son purchased me the harvest combo and sent me 120 farm cash He did not know I had not bought the 5x5 plow or harvester this morn just now I purchased all 3 plow harvester and combo instead I now have 2 harvesters (5x5) but now combo WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO HELPHi, we are unable to help you with this I am sorry. I suggest you contact Support and see if they can help. To contact support, underneath the game screen click on report/contact this application"

kat671
May 10 2011, 10:16 AM
First I felt like I was fertilizing more often than usual than yesterday a very unusual thing happened, I was out of manure...I go and get some but when trying to fertilize it acts like I did nothing. :(

nettie1212
May 12 2011, 10:43 AM
Hi, I knew I had to fertilize my farm this morning.. Last night it was at 8 hours and now when I signed in it was at 71, signed out it was 19 then 25 then it goes up again. This is on going for me. What is the solution to correct this? Cache and global storage is cleared, browser is cleared.. rebooted computer and still the same.. I cannot keep on loading my farm every minute to see what it will be next.. Thanks in advance for your suggestion and help:o

SYVNMC
May 12 2011, 11:01 AM
How do you use for the forklift to store your facilities at one time

Eradani
May 12 2011, 01:47 PM
Hi, I knew I had to fertilize my farm this morning.. Last night it was at 8 hours and now when I signed in it was at 71, signed out it was 19 then 25 then it goes up again. This is on going for me. What is the solution to correct this? Cache and global storage is cleared, browser is cleared.. rebooted computer and still the same.. I cannot keep on loading my farm every minute to see what it will be next.. Thanks in advance for your suggestion and help:o

I'm not sure about your 71, but under 1 hour the times are in minutes but the text still says hours. Very confusing.

Taz D
May 12 2011, 02:29 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/189716_187800494588853_100000767109621_396291_2775 531_n.jpg
Just to be clear. It does not do all facilities with one click, but does each individual faclity with one click for each facility.

nettie1212
May 15 2011, 10:27 AM

Well my farm is at 31 hours again, then sign back in goes to 24, signed in again went to 35.. If I knew how to copy the screen to here I would. Mine are in hours not in minutes

topmop
May 16 2011, 07:45 AM
Just a thought, but most have no idea how the new combine tools works, (fact that in order for it to be used you must hire the person multiple)
I find myself spending more time explaining this over and over. it's very frustrating to accept a regular hire for harvest, then when I'm almost done, they come back and send a request for plow. That's all wonderful, but I could have done it all in one click if hired correctly to start with. The other scenario is they hire regular for harvest, and I ask them if they want me to plow, they say yes, then I have to request they rehire with the multiple hire. Some have even got angry with me because they hired me with the regular hire, I start harvesting and they state "I though you had the combine", when I explain they need to hire multi for me to use it, they argue I'm wrong!
Would it be possible to put it out there on the signs when you get to FT like you advertise everything else? People who don't have the tool have no idea. OR better still, allow it to be used on all hires for crops.
Just a few thoughts..........

I have experienced this also. I have found that it takes longer to explain, wait for the rehire, etc than to just go ahead and harvest then plow. It is frustrating to have the tool and not get to use it but I do believe things are getting better.

HelenJS22
May 17 2011, 05:46 PM
I was told off good and propper when a person who hired me complained that I didn't have a combine. I told him that I did have one, and explained how he would have to hire me to use it properly. He abused me and told me I was 'a nut job' and I wasn't going to hang around on his farm just for a harvest job. It's not worth it with the amount of explaining that has to be done for people who don't have one and have no idea how it is used. I love it though for myself and my neighbours.

Happy pants
May 17 2011, 09:26 PM
I was told off good and propper when a person who hired me complained that I didn't have a combine. I told him that I did have one, and explained how he would have to hire me to use it properly. He abused me and told me I was 'a nut job' and I wasn't going to hang around on his farm just for a harvest job. It's not worth it with the amount of explaining that has to be done for people who don't have one and have no idea how it is used. I love it though for myself and my neighbours.

Just think how silly he's going to feel when he finds out you were right.... :p

Eradani
May 17 2011, 11:22 PM

OMG I love your boat Happy!!! Must be the Bluenose.

Happy pants
May 18 2011, 09:20 AM
OMG I love your boat Happy!!! Must be the Bluenose.

Thank you; to me it's the Silvergirl.....

CAF Flyboy
May 18 2011, 10:14 AM
I have the 5X5 combo harvester plower and I have found that when I harvest myself, instead of gaining coins, I lose coins. The game is NOT giving me credit for what I harvest. Major glitch as far as I'm concerned. We harvest to make money, not lose money.:mad:

CAF Flyboy
May 18 2011, 10:37 AM
OK programers, fix this ****ed tool. No matter if I harvest OR I hire someone to harvest using the multi tool, I lose coins instead of gaining coins. Why farm? You plant and it cost money with the hopes of gaining coinage when you harvest, but now I lose both ways. This needs to be addressed NOW.:mad:

StoneFace
May 18 2011, 11:45 AM
I have the 5X5 combo harvester plower and I have found that when I harvest myself, instead of gaining coins, I lose coins. The game is NOT giving me credit for what I harvest. Major glitch as far as I'm concerned. We harvest to make money, not lose money.:mad:

When you harvest yourself, the product, not the money goes into your inventory. You only get the money when you sell it at the market, or when you convert it to a product in a facility.

You "lose" coins because you are charged for plowing, more than what you would pay to another farmer for the same plow job.

Is it worth it to hire out?

Yes because

1] if you are going to just sell the crop, it is worth more if someone else harvests it.

2] if you hire out to plow, you save coin because it costs you less to hire than to do it yourself.

No because

1] you can do it quicker and NOW if you do it yourself

2] you avoid the "hassel" that comes with some hired help

Taz D
May 18 2011, 11:54 AM
Look in your storage and you will find all of the crop you harvested. To get your money for the harvest go to the market and sell that harvest. Then you are getting paid for the harvest. The developers removed the ability to harvest and sell immediately. You harvest and the crop goes into your storage as you harvest. There is nothing to fix.

rjohn726
May 18 2011, 02:31 PM
I always run the 5X5 Combine on my farms, myself, because of the gain in time. I'm well aware of the fuel usage, and the cost of plowing.

Time after-all is more important for me. It's only a game. However, I do use it on others farms also actually to gain some crops for that and to help them, even if I don’t need those crops. Friends and neighbors actually are important in Farm Town.

dada
May 23 2011, 09:45 AM
The title says it all.

cassy621
May 24 2011, 11:46 AM
hi i to paid good money for chainsaws and 4x4 havester but find they never work on my niebours fars and rarley on others so what was the point particlaly as my neibour has over 1000 trees on each farm. any ideas as i cant find it the search thanks

Taz D
May 24 2011, 02:08 PM
hi i to paid good money for chainsaws and 4x4 havester but find they never work on my niebours fars and rarley on others so what was the point particlaly as my neibour has over 1000 trees on each farm. any ideas as i cant find it the search thanks
If they hire you for a single job, such as harvesting trees then those tools will show in place of your gift box and/or store.
If they hire you for multiple jobs then your tools will be accessable from the extended toolbox where your facility manager is.

Tony D
May 25 2011, 07:00 AM
I have the 5X5 combo harvester plower and I have found that when I harvest myself, instead of gaining coins, I lose coins. The game is NOT giving me credit for what I harvest. Major glitch as far as I'm concerned. We harvest to make money, not lose money.:mad:Hi, you will be charged up to 500 coins per click (25 plots) this is the cost of ploughing.

nuttypiglet
May 29 2011, 07:24 PM
We have a combi that harvests/plows, but how about a combi that harvests and then deletes for those who multilayer? I would buy one and I know lots of others who would too.

jmn120176
May 30 2011, 04:31 PM

Further, the tools also have to be in storage in order to use on others' farms. If the log truck and harvester are placed on ANY of your farms instead of in storage, they won't be available for use on others' tasks.

lynn2636
Jun 03 2011, 06:15 PM
What plower should I purchase? I have $45 saved and I would love to have a big plower...but I'm not sure which one to buy? I want to be able to use it to plower friends farms. I don't have a big harvester. Do I need to purchase that first? Need advice!!

Tony D
Jun 03 2011, 06:20 PM
What plower should I purchase? I have $45 saved and I would love to have a big plower...but I'm not sure which one to buy? I want to be able to use it to plower friends farms. I don't have a big harvester. Do I need to purchase that first? Need advice!!Hi, I moved your post to the tools thread in General feedback. You do not need to have the Farm Cash harvester to buy the Farm cash plower. You will need to purchase the 4 x 4 plower to be able to use it on other peoples farms.

annie26
Jun 03 2011, 06:53 PM
I have just purchased all the tools. 5x5 harvester and 5x5 plower. My problem is when I go to help other farmers it will not appear so I can use it. I have tried putting all tools in the storage unit and also putting them all on one farm and trying to leave to help others from there. What am I doing wrong???
Annie

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 03 2011, 06:54 PM
I have just purchased all the tools. 5x5 harvester and 5x5 plower. My problem is when I go to help other farmers it will not appear so I can use it. I have tried putting all tools in the storage unit and also putting them all on one farm and trying to leave to help others from there. What am I doing wrong???
Annie

They need to be in storage for you to use them.Then if you are hired multiple, you need to go to the yellow tool box and click the green arrow and your tools are there.

Tony D
Jun 03 2011, 06:55 PM
AnnieHi, they need to be in storage. Have you tried using the extended tool bar to access the tools ?

annie26
Jun 03 2011, 10:15 PM
They need to be in storage for you to use them.Then if you are hired multiple, you need to go to the yellow tool box and click the green arrow and your tools are there.

Thanks!
Annie

cougarlady
Jun 05 2011, 11:57 AM
Farms only staying fertilized for two days again, lol...I'm gonna run out of piggie poop, lol ty for the help!

Oopsy-Bumpty
Jun 07 2011, 03:42 PM
Farms only staying fertilized for two days again, lol...I'm gonna run out of piggie poop, lol ty for the help!

I don't know they just don't make things like they used, nothing lasts these days :D

rhenzy
Jun 16 2011, 05:18 AM
Is it the forklift worth buying and is it useful? I am planning to buy one if it is worth buying for. Thanks

clogger
Jun 16 2011, 07:44 AM
Is it the forklift worth buying and is it useful? I am planning to buy one if it is worth buying for. Thanks

Personally, it has been my least favorite FC item.

Without the forklift, you can use the facility manager to collect from animal barns, and open each facility to stock & collect. You can do that from one farm without going to the farm where the facility is located.

What the forklift adds is the ability to collect "all" from each facility. You still have to open each facility to fill it with products, so I don't feel it is that much of a time saver. It uses fuel, if that is an issue for you.

I can see the potential for expansion of it's usefulness, perhaps in stocking facilities, or working in neighbor's facilities. That would make it worthwhile.

rhenzy
Jun 16 2011, 12:28 PM
Personally, it has been my least favorite FC item.

Without the forklift, you can use the facility manager to collect from animal barns, and open each facility to stock & collect. You can do that from one farm without going to the farm where the facility is located.

What the forklift adds is the ability to collect "all" from each facility. You still have to open each facility to fill it with products, so I don't feel it is that much of a time saver. It uses fuel, if that is an issue for you.

I can see the potential for expansion of it's usefulness, perhaps in stocking facilities, or working in neighbor's facilities. That would make it worthwhile.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking that too thats why Im on a second thoughts if I spend 40 FC for that forklift if I can do the work by myself and its just little difference if I had the tools. Maybe I just buy another facilities like brewery or Pasta restaurant but wait with pasta restaurant thats another cheese consuming. Even though I got 3 dairy factories and 2 Dairy shed with hundred cows in it not including the cow milk I bought from neighbors I still run of cow milk and cheese. Ouch :confused: Perfume, banquet Hall, pool bar and bridal shop or brewery hummm :D hard to choose all of them are good choice I think but I only got 40 FC :eek:

JAS0643
Jun 16 2011, 12:57 PM

I love the forklift. You can set the facility mange to done and click the facility in the top left after it empties it will move that facility to the bottom and move the next one over. This is the way I use it. I set the facilities to done then I will put the mouse in the top left corner then click store 6 times, this will empty 6 facilities as they get moved around, wait for everything to move around then click 6 more times, wait for everything to move around, and repeat till all the facilities are emptied. This saves a lot of time and clicking because you do not have to open each facility and wait for everything to load. Yes it uses fuel but if you have the refinery it is not an issue.

mom2aimee
Jun 16 2011, 05:23 PM
I hope someone can help me. I bought the 4X4 harvester today which is suppose to be one that I can use on others farms when I'm hired but it isn't letting me use it. Can anyone tell me what I can do?

Grumpa
Jun 16 2011, 05:29 PM
I hope someone can help me. I bought the 4X4 harvester today which is suppose to be one that I can use on others farms when I'm hired but it isn't letting me use it. Can anyone tell me what I can do?

make sure it is your storage. then use it fron the extended toolbox when you are on someones farm.

Deb1234
Jun 17 2011, 03:51 AM
:mad:
I have purchased a orange plower and harvester to use on neighbours farms and now cannot use them WHY
I purchased these using my farm cash

Is this a glitch or does it mean I have to spend MORE farm cash to help other farmers if so this is totally unfair as it means I have wasted my cash on tools I cannot use

It would also be helpful if we could use our Farm Coins to purchase these items instead of using up our Farm Cash

Deb1234
Jun 17 2011, 03:52 AM
make sure it is your storage. then use it fron the extended toolbox when you are on someones farm.

I have tried that myself and it does not work Debs

Deb1234
Jun 17 2011, 03:53 AM

I have recently done the same thing and cannot use mine Debs

Tony D
Jun 17 2011, 04:06 AM
I have recently done the same thing and cannot use mine DebsHi, when you are hired to harvest does the tool show up on the bottom tool bar where your gift box usually is ?

rhenzy
Jun 17 2011, 06:11 AM
Is the combine harvest and plant tools can do planting too when someone hire you? I just wonder how does she or he knows what kind of seeds you want to plant.

Tony D
Jun 17 2011, 06:15 AM
Is the combine harvest and plant tools can do planting too when someone hire you? I just wonder how does she or he knows what kind of seeds you want to plant.HI, you can only use it on your own farm , not when hired to work on other farms.

rhenzy
Jun 17 2011, 07:33 AM
HI, you can only use it on your own farm , not when hired to work on other farms.

Thanks for the reply:)

papaw bill
Jun 17 2011, 07:36 AM
Sounds like a winner to me, too hard to get people to work any more, too picky about what they will do.

JanNY4355
Jun 17 2011, 08:27 AM
Can someone tell me what the difference is between the bulldozer and the bulldozer 4 X 4 ? I've tried both and they both clear 1 plot at a time. Thanks !!

Tony D
Jun 17 2011, 08:36 AM
Can someone tell me what the difference is between the bulldozer and the bulldozer 4 X 4 ? I've tried both and they both clear 1 plot at a time. Thanks !!Hi, if the plot has a crop on it the large bulldozer will only delete one at a time. If the plots are harvested or ploughed it should delete more.

LINDALSHOT
Jun 17 2011, 08:37 AM
I have a 4x4 seeder & a 4x4 plow. Also have the 5x5 combo.
But, when I try to but the new 5x5 SEEDER/PLOW/HARVESTER, it says it's locked.
Anyone else?

Tony D
Jun 17 2011, 08:39 AM
I have a 4x4 seeder & a 4x4 plow. Also have the 5x5 combo.
But, when I try to but the new 5x5 SEEDER/PLOW/HARVESTER, it says it's locked.
Anyone else?Hi, you need the 5x5 seeder plough and harvester

JanNY4355
Jun 17 2011, 09:23 AM
Hi, if the plot has a crop on it the large bulldozer will only delete one at a time. If the plots are harvested or ploughed it should delete more.

Thanks !
I'll try that ;)

Bratuski
Jun 17 2011, 02:27 PM
I am about to purchase this, but wanted to know how it works on 4 day crops.
It says it's only good for 3 days. TY in advance

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 17 2011, 02:40 PM
I am about to purchase this, but wanted to know how it works on 4 day crops.
It says it's only good for 3 days. TY in advance

You can put the manure on after planting and it will stay fertilized until you harvest it if you are doing 4 day crops.

Or you can wait til the 3rd day and fertlize (as long as the crop is not full grown) that way you can utilize your manure more and still have it left over for the next planting.

Hopefulltrue51
Jun 17 2011, 04:32 PM
I totally agree it is a waste to buy the fort lift since I have it & don't even use it since the clicking is the same as before.

Bratuski
Jun 17 2011, 08:44 PM
You can put the manure on after planting and it will stay fertilized until you harvest it if you are doing 4 day crops.

Or you can wait til the 3rd day and fertlize (as long as the crop is not full grown) that way you can utilize your manure more and still have it left over for the next planting.

One more question.....How much manure will the spreader hold at a time?

Happy pants
Jun 17 2011, 11:13 PM
It appears to be unlimited.... I've got over 8000 units in mine, and no sign of it exploding... ( boy, would that be messy ). :D

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 17 2011, 11:40 PM

A lot...I have 17,400 and counting :)

Taz D
Jun 17 2011, 11:50 PM
It appears to be unlimited.... I've got over 8000 units in mine, and no sign of it exploding... ( boy, would that be messy ). :D
Let's hope not I have over 13,000!! :eek:

JAS0643
Jun 17 2011, 11:51 PM
I totally agree it is a waste to buy the fort lift since I have it & don't even use it since the clicking is the same as before.

I do not see how you get the clicking is the same. With the fork lift you click the store all button and that facility us empty. Without the fork lift you have to open each facility then click on what's pending then click on each item that is a lot more clicking and time consuming.

mS hAINEY
Jun 18 2011, 12:28 AM
how do you use the tree cutting implement? does it have to be used with something else?how do you get it to work?

clogger
Jun 18 2011, 12:32 AM

It holds more than your need to keep your farms fertilized. One pigsty with 80-100 pigs will give you more manure than you need to keep all farms fertilized.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 18 2011, 10:25 AM
how do you use the tree cutting implement? does it have to be used with something else?how do you get it to work?

The log truck? It's like a big axe and can do many trees in one click. If you are being hired to chop then it works.

If you mean the tree harvester, then you have to be hired to harvest trees. It harvests lots of trees in one click (if they are lined up properly).

papaw bill
Jun 18 2011, 07:00 PM
I bought the combined, harvester, plower, planter today, use it just a short time ago, worked great.

farmerandrea
Jun 19 2011, 05:49 AM
the wines in casks but you can use this machine - the ketchup and soy sauce are in bottles and you cant use the machine..........

sometimes the logic of this game makes me wonder :)

clogger
Jun 19 2011, 08:16 AM
Do you think the bottle machine is worth the FC? I am trying to decide between that and one of the new FC facilities.

farmerandrea
Jun 19 2011, 08:35 AM
Do you think the bottle machine is worth the FC? I am trying to decide between that and one of the new FC facilities.

its good if you have a lot of 'bottle' factories cos it saves time but in my opinion the harvest/plow/plant combine is better if you need crops out and replanted quickly :)

janisko
Jun 19 2011, 09:07 AM

I have all of the bottling facilities and actually have wineries on almost every farm. My answer is NO! There are so few clicks required without the machine that it seems like a waste of time to me to use the bottle machine. The champagnes require only ONE click now! You still have to click on every item. Now, if they had one button to do the entire facility I might have a different opinion.

Buy yourself a new facility that will produce for you instead.

astrid1st
Jun 19 2011, 09:12 AM
Hello everyone,

I just registered because a friend cannot access her farm and she cannot get on her farm or into the Forum either! Her FB ID is: fbid=207433432608976.
"Tell them there is a link to my farm on the June competition thread - for the best Town - my Forum ID is maggiel29. thank-you."

I have tried to go to the Help section but it will not let me post there as a new thread. Even though I registered it says I am not activated yet.

Can someone please forward this to the right place. I appreciate it very much and thank you.

Astrid Olson

janisko
Jun 19 2011, 09:26 AM
All of the other tools have been offered as 5x5's. What about the bulldozer? I need a 5x5. Thanks!!!

Tony D
Jun 19 2011, 09:33 AM
Hello everyone,

I just registered because a friend cannot access her farm and she cannot get on her farm or into the Forum either! Her FB ID is: fbid=207433432608976.
"Tell them there is a link to my farm on the June competition thread - for the best Town - my Forum ID is maggiel29. thank-you."

I have tried to go to the Help section but it will not let me post there as a new thread. Even though I registered it says I am not activated yet.

Can someone please forward this to the right place. I appreciate it very much and thank you.

Astrid OlsonHi, I have sent you a private message.

astrid1st
Jun 19 2011, 09:54 AM
Thank you Tony, but I cannot access the private message section on the forum....:-(. Would you mind sending me an email at MOD EDIT: removed e-mail I know I am asking a lot, but just trying to help my friend who is concerned about all her harvests and the contest.
Thank you so much,
Astrid

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 19 2011, 10:52 AM
Thank you Tony, but I cannot access the private message section on the forum....:-(. Would you mind sending me an email at MOD EDIT: removed e-mail I know I am asking a lot, but just trying to help my friend who is concerned about all her harvests and the contest.
Thank you so much,
Astrid

Hi, I removed your e-mail for safety reasons.

Why can't you read Private Messages? You should be able to (located right under where it says Welcome, astrid1st.

astrid1st
Jun 19 2011, 11:28 AM
Thank you Tony I now can receive and write private messages and thank you for deleting the email :-) It is my first time on the forum so I still need to find my way around....:confused:
Astrid

clogger
Jun 19 2011, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=janisko;4716210] There are so few clicks required without the machine that it seems like a waste of time to me to use the bottle machine. You still have to click on every item. Now, if they had one button to do the entire facility I might have a different opinion.
QUOTE]

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. I bought the Ordering Station without asking on the Forum, and afterwards decided I would have been better off just buying a second truck.

JAS0643
Jun 19 2011, 12:50 PM
[quote=janisko;4716210] There are so few clicks required without the machine that it seems like a waste of time to me to use the bottle machine. You still have to click on every item. Now, if they had one button to do the entire facility I might have a different opinion.
QUOTE]

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. I bought the Ordering Station without asking on the Forum, and afterwards decided I would have been better off just buying a second truck.

Yep I agree the bottle machine is not worth the fc. Now if it cut the time in half it might be a different story but it doesn't so I will not be buying that tool.

farmerandrea
Jun 19 2011, 01:18 PM
...it'd be worth it if it helped produce all bottles and jars but cynical old me thinks slashkey will create a jar/tin/canning machine in the next upgrade and charge us 35 fc for that.....