PDA

View Full Version : Discussions about Farm Cash

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Mr. H
Aug 19 2011, 08:17 PM
Levels don't need names. How many people know the name of the level they are at. I have a feeling very few. As for new stuff to buy we can do without that it is not that big a deal if I don't get a new house to buy at level 394 I just want to continue to go up in levels. Most fb games still go up in levels but at a certain point you stop having stuff to buy you just get the new level and game cash to go with it.

That's exactly what we need. Make the levels unlimited. We don't need new stuff tied to levels or new level names. Just let the number change and give us 1 FC when we hit a new level. Add new stuff from time to time but don't make it level dependent.

Mr. H
Aug 19 2011, 08:20 PM
I kind of get tired of just as soon as they upgrade farmtown I'm already maxed out because they dont upgrade it far enough. They dont need to keep adding all the stuff that you need to buy each time. Just give us more levels and farm cash so that we can get some of the stuff that you already have out there.

They need to constantly add new stuff but it doesn't need to be tied to levels. I don't think the stuff motivates people as much as the FC. That's what I hear my neighbors talking about whenever we get new levels...the bump in FC. Why not just let them have it as they earn it. It seems to work fine for other games, I don't know why it wouldn't work here.

JAS0643
Aug 19 2011, 08:48 PM
That's exactly what we need. Make the levels unlimited. We don't need new stuff tied to levels or new level names. Just let the number change and give us 1 FC when we hit a new level. Add new stuff from time to time but don't make it level dependent.

While I do think things need to be level dependent but at some point levels get too high to have stuff tied to them that just discourages people if the house you really love doesn't unlock till level 1059. What level to stop having stuff tied it though is the question we are probably there.

Mr. H
Aug 19 2011, 08:56 PM
While I do think things need to be level dependent but at some point levels get too high to have stuff tied to them that just discourages people if the house you really love doesn't unlock till level 1059. What level to stop having stuff tied it though is the question we are probably there.

Agreed. I just don't think we need new things tied to levels beyond what we have now.

Randall_Lind
Aug 19 2011, 10:08 PM
Why are they not in coins like dairy shed, chicken coop and wool shed? I think they should be brought in coins and not F$.

I am not against paying for stuff I have spent a lot. I just think to be fair all animals shelters should be on the same page as all are coins but stables. Or have 1 coin and 1 $$. However you have 1 $25 and 1 $28. Then you are talking about $25 x 10 = $250 which is like $40 to have one on each farm. and even more if you want the $28 one.

Not telling you how to run your game but seems a bit unfair to have all animals facilities in coins but for the horses.

Taz D
Aug 19 2011, 10:12 PM
Why are they not in coins like dairy shed, chicken coop and wool shed? I think they should be brought in coins and not F$.

I am not against paying for stuff I have spent a lot. I just think to be fair all animals shelters should be on the same page as all are coins but stables. Or have 1 coin and 1 $$. However you have 1 $25 and 1 $28. Then you are talking about $25 x 10 = $250 which is like $40 to have one on each farm. and even more if you want the $28 one.

Not telling you how to run your game but seems a bit unfair to have all animals facilities in coins but for the horses.
The stables have been FC since they were released long before they became an active facility. To change them now would mean a lot of people would be wanting refunds for the FC they spent.

Randall_Lind
Aug 19 2011, 10:20 PM
I think it should be change sorry if that would cost $$ on slashkey part I am just looking at it for a stand point they should make one in coins for people who can't afford to buy them. Plus since all other animals ones are coins only doesn't seem like a unreasonable request.

pythonis
Aug 19 2011, 10:21 PM
Well, Taz, it wouldnt be all that difficult to just add 25/28 FC to any player that bought the stable. Just send in a screen shot and voila! heres your 25/28 FC

JAS0643
Aug 19 2011, 10:49 PM

You only need 130 horse hairs to max out the violin so one stable is enough to max out the violin every 2 days. I load the facilities 3 times a week and do not own a stable but get enough horse hair from ingredient request and a neighbor that has a stable and about 40 horses but not the music facility.

The stables have been FC since they were released long before they became an active facility. To change them now would mean a lot of people would be wanting refunds for the FC they spent.

Well, Taz, it wouldnt be all that difficult to just add 25/28 FC to any player that bought the stable. Just send in a screen shot and voila! heres your 25/28 FC

There have been several decorations that cost fc when they came out but now cost coins. I complained by contacting ft in game and never heard a word back from them about it. Not even an "I am sorry but this game is in beta and that is the risk you take when you buy stuff" reply.

Randall_Lind
Aug 19 2011, 10:57 PM
I max out all my facilities every day I even overstock and they get empty same day have tons of friends and neighbors working on my farms as I do there.

FannyFarmerCher
Aug 20 2011, 09:48 PM
Agreed. I just don't think we need new things tied to levels beyond what we have now.

Well, just to be contrary, I've always loved having things tied to higher levels. I can remember when it took like F~O~R~E~V~E~R to get my first mansion! Boy, did that ever get me hooked!! I worked my mouse to the bone trying to get there and when I finaly made it, they brought out something new for me to work for! I would have quit years ago if they hadn't. I've burned up lots of batteries getting new farms, tools, and friends.

Heck. I've even broke down and spent real money to get some things I really wanted! It's a good feeling to send some money to the people who spend thier time making this available to me!! Strive to acheive.

mamobe
Aug 25 2011, 11:03 AM
Hi, just a suggestion, but I've been thinking that it would be nice if the game FarmTown would allow a person to purchase FarmCash with farm coins. The game is getting a little borring and I refuse to pay real money for blue sky, baby needs shoes and diapers.

Don't feed the beggers
Aug 25 2011, 12:58 PM
this has been suggested over and over again, many of use have come to the conclusion that since so many will pay cash for items, its unlikey to change as it would not be in their best interest of their business to lose money by using free coins....

s.anneblack@gmail.com
Aug 27 2011, 11:17 AM
Why have you upped the game so much that ordinary people can't play - ridiculous - i can buy a factory but can't use it unless i buy something - and to buy something is locked. not fun at all!

angelsamongus
Aug 27 2011, 01:44 PM
ok I don't know if any of you have had the same problem I tried contacting the head admins butt they have not contacted me back on the problem I have lost over 50 dollars of my farmcash and I don't know where it went i surely didn't use it one day it was here and the next it was gone please let me know what I need to do thank you

Tony D
Aug 27 2011, 01:51 PM
ok I don't know if any of you have had the same problem I tried contacting the head admins butt they have not contacted me back on the problem I have lost over 50 dollars of my farmcash and I don't know where it went i surely didn't use it one day it was here and the next it was gone please let me know what I need to do thank youHi, Have you contacted Support ? They can be contact by clicking on "report/contact this application" located underneath the game screen

miagraine head
Aug 30 2011, 07:28 PM
This new level up I don't think I got the Farm Cash I was supposed to get . I went up 16 million approx. in xp points and I only got 25 fc. I was expecting more can someone tell me that how others got more than what I got pls :eek:

pythonis
Aug 30 2011, 07:30 PM
only 25 levels were added so 25 is all youre going to get

HelenJS22
Aug 30 2011, 07:48 PM
This new level up I don't think I got the Farm Cash I was supposed to get . I went up 16 million approx. in xp points and I only got 25 fc. I was expecting more can someone tell me that how others got more than what I got pls :eek:

Everyone who jumped straight to the new top level of 260 got 25 farm cash. It doesn't matter how far ahead of the experience points we are, the farm cash is for levels, not the amount of ex pts and the number of levels added was 25. Hope that makes sense.

caligirl62
Aug 30 2011, 09:09 PM
what does 1.2 days mean for a 2 day crop? 1day 12 hours or 1d 2h?

Taz D
Aug 30 2011, 10:22 PM
what does 1.2 days mean for a 2 day crop? 1day 12 hours or 1d 2h?
1 day and 5 hours roughly. Multiply 1.2 x 24hrs and that will give you the amount of time.

caligirl62
Aug 31 2011, 11:50 AM
thank u hon!!

angelsamongus
Aug 31 2011, 02:36 PM
Hi, Have you contacted Support ? They can be contact by clicking on "report/contact this application" located underneath the game screen

ok I did that again lets see if they contact me

Grammy 11
Sep 01 2011, 07:36 AM
I purchased a second brown sprinkler in error. I don't mind taking the hit for my mistake, but if I want to sell it, I should get back whatever I get in FC, NOT coins.

Tony D
Sep 01 2011, 08:06 AM
I purchased a second brown sprinkler in error. I don't mind taking the hit for my mistake, but if I want to sell it, I should get back whatever I get in FC, NOT coins.Hi, you could try contacting support and see if they will give you a credit.

kmslagle
Sep 03 2011, 10:22 AM
The Earn Farm Cash used to be next to the Buy Cash button. How do I get it back?

Tiger
Sep 03 2011, 10:44 AM
The Earn Farm Cash used to be next to the Buy Cash button. How do I get it back?

Hello,

That offer was removed when Facbook made it a requirement to use facebook credits to buy FC. They do have a section where you can "Earn credits", which when you have earned enough of them can be exchanged for FC.

From your wall......

click "account" top right.
then "account settings"
on the left side, clcik the "Payments" bookmark
then next to "Credits balance" click "buy more"
you will then see different payment methods listed, scroll down and click on "more payment options" then you shoud see on titled "Earn credits". Check the box next to that and click "continue"it will take you to the offers

feynt_of_heart
Sep 03 2011, 01:41 PM
Farm Town has not been running for three years, but since Feb/March? 2009, and you would know how very fledging compared to the current version it was when it began. Yes, it's frustrating to have to wait for more levels and the farm cash that comes with them, but there are an awful lot of farmers in Farm Town and if they don't get it right when an upgrade does come out we all yell and scream very loudly. Best to be patient I think, and be glad that they do keep adding to our game as well as keeping the integrity of such a good game as they do. Since the introduction of Farm Cash the upgrades have kept coming at relatively close intervals and they still can't satisfy all of us who are addicted to Farm Town.

Does anyone know when Farm 12 will come along, I understand from the threads that they r still working on this game, it's gr8, but the Farms when upgrading cost too much:eek: farm coins I've been in this game for 2 years, so. It would b nice to see a finale to the levels, and farms that r currently available. ty:D

tgray
Sep 03 2011, 03:21 PM
Hello,

That offer was removed when Facbook made it a requirement to use facebook credits to buy FC. They do have a section where you can "Earn credits", which when you have earned enough of them can be exchanged for FC.

From your wall......

click "account" top right.
then "account settings"
on the left side, clcik the "Payments" bookmark
then next to "Credits balance" click "buy more"
you will then see different payment methods listed, scroll down and click on "more payment options" then you shoud see on titled "Earn credits". Check the box next to that and click "continue"it will take you to the offers

That option is still there for some of us, however we have a different problem (at least I do). That is I had to find a way in to add credits from a FB card. I don't get the "Credits balance" link when I follow the above procedure. When I go in through the game under the "Buy Cash" tab there is no option for the FB card. This is a mess.

Taz D
Sep 03 2011, 04:52 PM
That option is still there for some of us, however we have a different problem (at least I do). That is I had to find a way in to add credits from a FB card. I don't get the "Credits balance" link when I follow the above procedure. When I go in through the game under the "Buy Cash" tab there is no option for the FB card. This is a mess.
For the FB cards you have to add the credits in through Facebook and then go to Buy Cash above the game to convert those to Farm Cash.

HelenJS22
Sep 03 2011, 08:03 PM
Does anyone know when Farm 12 will come along, I understand from the threads that they r still working on this game, it's gr8, but the Farms when upgrading cost too much:eek: farm coins I've been in this game for 2 years, so. It would b nice to see a finale to the levels, and farms that r currently available. ty:D

We only just got farm 11, so I wouldn't hold your breath yet a while :D

tatty1
Sep 04 2011, 01:33 AM
Sorry if this is wrong post I am new, I activated a FB credit card 12 hrs ago and the amount is showing in my account but not on FT screen should be 81$ showing zero as before. Have sent a message to F/Book awaiting reply. Any advice welcome please

Taz D
Sep 04 2011, 02:46 AM
Sorry if this is wrong post I am new, I activated a FB credit card 12 hrs ago and the amount is showing in my account but not on FT screen should be 81$ showing zero as before. Have sent a message to F/Book awaiting reply. Any advice welcome please
I am a little confused about this. By "activated a Facebook credit card" do you mean you applied for a credit card through the Earn Credits or that you bought Facebook credits with a credit card?
If it was one of the offers through Earn Credits you do not earn FT Cash with those but earn FB credits instead. So if you were to get 81 it would be 81 FB credits and not 81 FT cash.
Check your Facebook Account Settings/Paymenst and see if you have been given the credits. If so then you will have to convert the FB credits to FT cash by clicking on Buy Cash at top of your farm. This is not a 1 for 1 exchange. Each FB credit is worth roughly 10 cents. If you look at the dollar amounts listed and drop the pennies then you will see that to buy 25 FT cash will cost you 49 FB credits, 55 FT cash will cost 99 FB credits, and so on.

CityGirl2009
Sep 04 2011, 03:42 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure I agree with us having to contact facebook directly about the gifts in our Gift Requests on our facebook home pages missing. I think the developers of farm town need to go to bat for us here. Regardless of how many gifts we had just hanging out in OUR Gift Request section, they were OUR gifts and someone needs to speak up to face book on OUR behalf.

If you type in the Help section on the face book home page: Gift Requests - this is the answer you get:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an issue with the Gifts feature in an application created by an external developer.
You can find support for an application by an external developer here. Unfortunately, Facebook cannot provide any support for applications built by external developers. If you continue experiencing issues with the Gifts feature on one of your applications, we recommend contacting the developer, via the "Contact Developer" link on the application's page.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like facebook is pointing the finger at the developer to fix it.

Deborah1979
Sep 05 2011, 01:13 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure I agree with us having to contact facebook directly about the gifts in our Gift Requests on our facebook home pages missing. I think the developers of farm town need to go to bat for us here. Regardless of how many gifts we had just hanging out in OUR Gift Request section, they were OUR gifts and someone needs to speak up to face book on OUR behalf.

If you type in the Help section on the face book home page: Gift Requests - this is the answer you get:

I have an issue with the Gifts feature in an application created by an external developer.
You can find support for an application by an external developer here. Unfortunately, Facebook cannot provide any support for applications built by external developers. If you continue experiencing issues with the Gifts feature on one of your applications, we recommend contacting the developer, via the "Contact Developer" link on the application's page.

It sounds like facebook is pointing the finger at the developer to fix it.

I agree with the post!! As individuals it seems like we have very little influence with either Face Book or Farm Town/slashkey........SO, if FaceBook is pointing the finger at Slashkey and according to the mods, we need to contact Face Book, it just looks like we have lost all our gifts or most of them, and no one is willing to take responsibility!! Come ON...yes, it is just a game but I need some support from the devs. PLEASE??!!?? :eek:

negus7
Sep 06 2011, 01:10 AM
I saw this posting on the official Facebook Credits page that says Apple or Android mobile device owners can get free Facebook Credits every time they download apps (even free apps) on their mobile:

(Mod edit.. external link removed)

Has anyone successfully used this to get free Facebook Credits? Thought I would ask others before using.

Emily D S
Sep 09 2011, 10:51 AM
I would like to know why I can't use my facebook credits for Farmtown. they took the 39.99 and I got those but I had facebook credits left over because I used the 50.00 credits since I could get more credits that way but they did not put them on farmtown. How do I put them on Farmtown?I have 126 facebook credits left.

Taz D
Sep 09 2011, 01:22 PM
I would like to know why I can't use my facebook credits for Farmtown. they took the 39.99 and I got those but I had facebook credits left over because I used the 50.00 credits since I could get more credits that way but they did not put them on farmtown. How do I put them on Farmtown?I have 126 facebook credits left.
How much Facebook credits did you get for your $50? What I see on Facebook is I would get 550 credits for $50. Which would leave 151 left and not 126.
Go back to the Buy Cash at top of your farm and you can select another amount of Farm Cash to get. With 126 credits you can get 55 FC for 99 of those credits leaving you 27 credits left over. Those credits can be used next time you want to buy FC when you add more credits.
Under the old system when we purchased just Farm Cash with dollars then to spend $50 for FC you wold buy the 250 FC for $39.99 and then purchase the 55 FC for $9.99 for a total of $49.98 with nothing left-over. The way you did it you have extra left over for your next purchase.

jeemersmom
Sep 09 2011, 09:02 PM
I've read many posts from low level FT farmers who are becoming disillusioned with the game because they have a gazillion coins but cannot obtain facilities/tools which would allow them to progress in the game because they do not have the real $$$ (not FC) to spend on these items. A number of these posts have commented that they feel like serfs in a feudal kingdom (my words, not theirs...but the sentiment is the same). I understand that this game runs only because many of us pay real $$$ to get things we think can't live without. However, there has to be some way to help out those on the bottom of the pile...some way to help them get the time saving tools now only available for FC. Below is a post from one of my neighbors...please take this request to heart.
:o Farmtown friends, please keep this message circulating, copy and paste it to your wall and pass it on to your friends who play farmtown. We need to expand our farms coins. (I think she means to expand the use of coins)A lot of people cannot afford to buy farmcash. Please allow us to use our millions in coins to buy expansions, animals, homes etc... It just isnt fair to those who cant afford to use credit to purchase Farmtown cash. If you agree, pass it on ...
I agree 100% and I'm passing it on:o

JAS0643
Sep 09 2011, 10:10 PM
I've read many posts from low level FT farmers who are becoming disillusioned with the game because they have a gazillion coins but cannot obtain facilities/tools which would allow them to progress in the game because they do not have the real $$$ (not FC) to spend on these items. A number of these posts have commented that they feel like serfs in a feudal kingdom (my words, not theirs...but the sentiment is the same). I understand that this game runs only because many of us pay real $$$ to get things we think can't live without. However, there has to be some way to help out those on the bottom of the pile...some way to help them get the time saving tools now only available for FC. Below is a post from one of my neighbors...please take this request to heart.
:o Farmtown friends, please keep this message circulating, copy and paste it to your wall and pass it on to your friends who play farmtown. We need to expand our farms coins. (I think she means to expand the use of coins)A lot of people cannot afford to buy farmcash. Please allow us to use our millions in coins to buy expansions, animals, homes etc... It just isnt fair to those who cant afford to use credit to purchase Farmtown cash. If you agree, pass it on ...
I agree 100% and I'm passing it on:o

Passing that message around the internet or fb will do them no good because the developers will never see it. As for people not being able to progress through the game you do not need 1 single farm cash dollar to get to the top level.

Mr. H
Sep 09 2011, 10:31 PM
I agree with JAS, posting things on your FB status won't do any good.

Everything you've said has been posted on this forum dozens of times and the developers, evidently, don't agree.

Personally, I think it would make sense to have, smaller, coin versions of most all the tools available, particularly for the newbies. And, that those tools work on the owners farm and when working for others. I think it would keep some people playing and increase the odds of them spending real money down the road.

jenifoofoo
Sep 09 2011, 11:05 PM
I agree and it's also smart business for a beta game. those peeps might later be able to afford more stuff!

tnbskts
Sep 10 2011, 01:17 AM
I agree with JAS, posting things on your FB status won't do any good.

Everything you've said has been posted on this forum dozens of times and the developers, evidently, don't agree.

Personally, I think it would make sense to have, smaller, coin versions of most all the tools available, particularly for the newbies. And, that those tools work on the owners farm and when working for others. I think it would keep some people playing and increase the odds of them spending real money down the road.

The 3x3 tools are available for coins, and can be used on farmers' own farms. I agree it's a pain to not be able to use the coin tools on other people's farms, but we have 260 levels and counting, which is 260 free FC, and the 4x4 harvester and plower are 45 FC each. It doesn't take that long to get to level 90.

I think we're really fortunate that Farm Town isn't going the way of some of the other games, with weekly limited-edition cash items for one theme or other, and with most of the good decorations available for cash only - that really does make the game into different experiences for the haves and have nots. At Farm Town almost all the animals, trees, flowers, and decorations are for coins, you just need to unlock them at different levels, and half the facilities are also for coins as well as most of the basic tools. Things could be an awful lot worse.

jenifoofoo
Sep 10 2011, 02:29 AM
they don't care. They are making money hand over fist with us addicts who will spend.

Until we wise up and stop - then maybe they will re-evaluate their greed.

I used to be in a business that reminded us not to be hogs or we wouldn't even get a pig.

Wow- I totally botched that and can't remember the right phrase. Im up way past my bedtime!

Hopefully someone knows what I was trying to say and gives the correct phrase!

Mr. H
Sep 10 2011, 06:11 AM
The 3x3 tools are available for coins, and can be used on farmers' own farms. I agree it's a pain to not be able to use the coin tools on other people's farms, but we have 260 levels and counting, which is 260 free FC, and the 4x4 harvester and plower are 45 FC each. It doesn't take that long to get to level 90.

I think we're really fortunate that Farm Town isn't going the way of some of the other games, with weekly limited-edition cash items for one theme or other, and with most of the good decorations available for cash only - that really does make the game into different experiences for the haves and have nots. At Farm Town almost all the animals, trees, flowers, and decorations are for coins, you just need to unlock them at different levels, and half the facilities are also for coins as well as most of the basic tools. Things could be an awful lot worse.

True, but they can't be used on others farms and I don't believe there is a coin fishing boat, flower harvester or combine. Not to mention that there are nearly 50 FC facilities now so someone that can't afford to spend real money on the game is forced to do without tools or do without any FC facilities.

It's great, for the decorator that most decorations in FT are available for coins but it puts the burden of paying for the game solidly on the backs of the producers.

Since you mentioned other games, FV does charge FC for lots of cool decorations and animals. But I've never had to pay for any tool or any thing else that is a significant producer of coins or points. My 5x5 combine was free and built with the help of friends...as were all the animal pens and sheds and any other functional building. I've spent quite a lot on that game but never spent a penny on anything that was necessary to gaining points or coins.

StoneFace
Sep 10 2011, 06:59 AM
Yeah, I can understand the newbie looking up at the every-growing mountain of high level players..... wishing someone would "give" him the opportunity to be high on the mountain too..... and complaining because the game won't change to accommodate him/her.

And I hear again the complaint that those capitalistic greedy developers are making money on their ideas, their work effort, and their product.

I try to get away once in awhile from the country's politics and the same kind of "arguments" I hear from a particular side of the political spectrum in this country: ... not fair, rich should pay their "fair share", give ME what you have....

blah, blah, blah

However.... perhaps since the game needs more new players (and it is ONLY a game).... the devs could have some "special tools" for the lower levels, say levels 1-50 or 1-75 that would allow them (give them for their non-effort) to have a taste of the "good life". And then the tools or whatever would become inactive and useless at the 50th or 75th level, and they could again play the game the way everyone else has been playing it ....

or go play farmville.

.:rolleyes:

Mr. H
Sep 10 2011, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I can understand the newbie looking up at the every-growing mountain of high level players..... wishing someone would "give" him the opportunity to be high on the mountain too..... and complaining because the game won't change to accommodate him/her.

And I hear again the complaint that those capitalistic greedy developers are making money on their ideas, their work effort, and their product.

I try to get away once in awhile from the country's politics and the same kind of "arguments" I hear from a particular side of the political spectrum in this country: ... not fair, rich should pay their "fair share", give ME what you have....

blah, blah, blah

However.... perhaps since the game needs more new players (and it is ONLY a game).... the devs could have some "special tools" for the lower levels, say levels 1-50 or 1-75 that would allow them (give them for their non-effort) to have a taste of the "good life". And then the tools or whatever would become inactive and useless at the 50th or 75th level, and they could again play the game the way everyone else has been playing it ....

or go play farmville.

.:rolleyes:

My ideas have nothing to do with politics or any sense of entitlement and are solely proposed to address the fact that there are only 1.5M left playing the game. That's down from nearly 19M at it's peak. Every week, 20,000 more people quit the game then start the game. It is the 248th most popular app on FB. It was once in the top 20..maybe even the top 10.

I do not begrudge the developers a profit. In fact, I've contributed greatly to their profitability. I want to see them continue to be profitable and more players mean more profits. This is not a game, it's a business and as with any business keeping customers (players) happy is an important part of their success.

JAS0643
Sep 10 2011, 12:09 PM
True, but they can't be used on others farms and I don't believe there is a coin fishing boat, flower harvester or combine. Not to mention that there are nearly 50 FC facilities now so someone that can't afford to spend real money on the game is forced to do without tools or do without any FC facilities.

It's great, for the decorator that most decorations in FT are available for coins but it puts the burden of paying for the game solidly on the backs of the producers.

Since you mentioned other games, FV does charge FC for lots of cool decorations and animals. But I've never had to pay for any tool or any thing else that is a significant producer of coins or points. My 5x5 combine was free and built with the help of friends...as were all the animal pens and sheds and any other functional building. I've spent quite a lot on that game but never spent a penny on anything that was necessary to gaining points or coins.

I agree with MrH on this. People need to remember 2 things one is that the developers make money off the game 2 ways they are people buying farm cash and the adds on fb. The game didn't have one single farm cash item the first 8 month the game existed so the devs where making enough money to keep it running at that time so they must get a good profit form the adds. The other thing people need to be made aware of is that less the 10% of the people that play these games spend money on them. This was told by one of Zynga's top guys in an interview he did on the internet not long ago.

I think there is a happy medium for everyone. Let people build most of the cash tools and facilities with the help of friends and have some decorations for cash. Now before some of you scream at me the way zynga does this is if you don't want to beg your friends for parts you can use farm cash to buy them so you can still get your credit card out and buy the items and not have to ask one single person for a part to build something. Now I do think that these facilities or tools should be level dependent, not high levels but so a person can't start the game today and have all the cash facilities and tools built a week from now and they are only at level 20. One thing that is hurting the game is the high cost of land. Those of us that have all the cash facilities are making billions of coins and can easily buy the land but a player that can't get the cash facilities can not buy the land. People can say all they want that the game is free but it really isn't free. To play the game to the fullest you need the cash facilities to buy the land and to make stuff in other facilities. The coin facilities have a lot of products that are dependent on the cash facilities or cash water so there are a lot of stuff people can't make in the coin facilities because of that.

Now I am not against the developers making money or fc items in the game. There can even be fc tools and facilities that can't be built with the help of your friends but the bottom line is the developers need to do something or they will have no players left soon.

tnbskts
Sep 10 2011, 12:53 PM
Well, personally I hope they don't go the Farmville route and start wanting people to spam their neighbours in order to build stuff. I've given up on several games when they got to the point of "ask 15 neighbours for 6 of this, 6 of that, 12 of that" every time some new building or tool shows up, and then again for upgrades to the buildings and tools. My FB feed is totally clogged with trash from Farmville, and I'd hate to see Farm Town go the same way.

I left this game for a while when I got to the top level and got bored; this was before the facilities were introduced and when you could only have two farms. I came back during the Farmville throttle debacle, and was level 69 with two farms. Less than six months later I'm nearly level 200 with 11 farms (six maxed out at 24x24) and plenty of spare coins for Farm 12 when it comes out. I think I've spent $30 on the game. I have very few cash facilities, and am still waiting to collect enough FC from levelling to get my combine, but I'm managing just fine without spending a wad of cash on the game.

Having said that, I do agree it'd be nice to have coin tree shakers and flower harvesters that you can use on your own farm like the smaller harvest and plow tools. But I'd rather go without than see this game turn into anything resembling Farmville and its intrusiveness.

I think every game that's been around for a while is losing players; I'm seeing people saying the same thing at the Farmville forums. There are so many more farm games than there were a couple of years ago, as well as more games of every kind, and people only have so many hours in a day. One of the problems for the Farm Town owners is that it's Slashkey's only game so they can't cross-promote. I think Zynga keeps some of its games going by encouraging players to play other Zynga games in order to get stuff for their preferred game. I ended up playing Mafia Wars for a few months after getting sucked into it in order to get something for Farmville.

JAS0643
Sep 10 2011, 01:18 PM
Well, personally I hope they don't go the Farmville route and start wanting people to spam their neighbours in order to build stuff. I've given up on several games when they got to the point of "ask 15 neighbours for 6 of this, 6 of that, 12 of that" every time some new building or tool shows up, and then again for upgrades to the buildings and tools. My FB feed is totally clogged with trash from Farmville, and I'd hate to see Farm Town go the same way.

I left this game for a while when I got to the top level and got bored; this was before the facilities were introduced and when you could only have two farms. I came back during the Farmville throttle debacle, and was level 69 with two farms. Less than six months later I'm nearly level 200 with 11 farms and plenty of spare coins for Farm 12 when it comes out. I think I've spent $30 on the game. I have very few cash facilities, and am still waiting to collect enough FC from levelling to get my combine, but I'm managing just fine without spending a wad of cash on the game.

Having said that, I do agree it'd be nice to have coin tree shakers and flower harvesters that you can use on your own farm like the smaller harvest and plow tools. But I'd rather go without than see this game turn into anything resembling Farmville and its intrusiveness.

I think every game that's been around for a while is losing players; I'm seeing people saying the same thing at the Farmville forums. There are so many more farm games than there were a couple of years ago, as well as more games of every kind, and people only have so many hours in a day. One of the problems for the Farm Town owners is that it's Slashkey's only game so they can't cross-promote. I think Zynga keeps some of its games going by encouraging players to play other Zynga games in order to get stuff for their preferred game. I ended up playing Mafia Wars for a few months after getting sucked into it in order to get something for Farmville.

This is not Slakhkey (codebell their other name) only game.

snow_angel
Sep 10 2011, 01:23 PM
what are their other games?

StoneFace
Sep 10 2011, 01:44 PM
My ideas have nothing to do with politics or any sense of entitlement and are solely proposed to address the fact that there are only 1.5M left playing the game. That's down from nearly 19M at it's peak. Every week, 20,000 more people quit the game then start the game. It is the 248th most popular app on FB. It was once in the top 20..maybe even the top 10.

I do not begrudge the developers a profit. In fact, I've contributed greatly to their profitability. I want to see them continue to be profitable and more players mean more profits. This is not a game, it's a business and as with any business keeping customers (players) happy is an important part of their success.

[1] There are undoubtedly many times more "apps" and/or games on Face Book now than there were 2+ years ago..... so to be fair... let's acknowledge the competition

[2] if Farm town is the 248th most popular, and you have the numbers at hand, perhaps you can share the numbers for:
[a] the most popular at the moment
[b] the average for the top 10 at the moment
[c] the duration, or life expectancy, of the top apps/games, and whether they even have 1.5 million after 2+ years on Face Book

If only 10% of the 1.5 million spend $10 that is back to the $1.5 million each year, and I could live on that.

Mr. H
Sep 10 2011, 03:09 PM
[1] There are undoubtedly many times more "apps" and/or games on Face Book now than there were 2+ years ago..... so to be fair... let's acknowledge the competition

[2] if Farm town is the 248th most popular, and you have the numbers at hand, perhaps you can share the numbers for:
[a] the most popular at the moment
[b] the average for the top 10 at the moment
[c] the duration, or life expectancy, of the top apps/games, and whether they even have 1.5 million after 2+ years on Face Book

If only 10% of the 1.5 million spend $10 that is back to the $1.5 million each year, and I could live on that.

The top game is Cityville with over 75M players. The number 10 game is Pioneer Trail with 21M. The average for the top 10 is currently about 38M.

I believe that when FT was at it's peak it didn't take quite as much to get in the top 10 but I'm not sure. I haven't been following the numbers that long.

Now, to address your question, there does seem to be some ebb and flow. I don't know that games have a life expectancy but they do tend to peak in popularity and then fall back.

Which brings us to the comparison that begs to be made. Farmville.

Farmville is currently 5th on the list with nearly 36M players. Farmville and Farm Town have both been around about the same time. Farmville peaked around 84M players while Farm Town peaked around 19M. Here's what's scary. Farm Town has lost over 90% of it's players from it's all time high and continues downward. Farmville has lost 57% and although they gain and lose they seem to be holding around that number. They gained over 500,000 last week.

umm-e-uzair
Sep 10 2011, 03:39 PM
i read all th above n i just want everyone to plz understand, as sm of u hv already pointed out, tht this is just a game!!!!
i am one of those ppl who do not spend th real world mony on th virtual world,why hury??? i work my way to higher levels n save my farm cash n spend it only on things tht r more important. i dont rush to buy th nxt thing tht i cn afford in th few FC i hv saved up.. i plan while i am saving. wn i started off , v dint hv all thes tools n facilities n all n v r still playing. i am in my 230s now and i do get anoyed at times bcz i dont hv sm of th tools or facilities tht i need bt thn its just a game. n i f i am tht desperate, i cn always shop on my credit card. if not, thn patience is a virtue. trust me, th joy of leveling up to a new tool or facility is far far gr8r thn having just bought it.
y should v wory about how much th developers r minting, thy r giving us a chance to enjoy, we r availing it. simple! if any of us likes anything in FV or anyothr game, ...well v cn play thm too, right? in th meanwhile let us all enjoy wt v hv here, th juniors cn b a bit more patient, as we were and r. or cough up sm real cash. and please do not take examples from FV about neighbrly assistance. evn tho i hv ovr 40 neighbrs bt i still want my game to b independent of my neighbrs. n we r already including thm quite a lot, in our facilities n bonus requests n all. so ppl ease up, play n ENJOYYYYYYYYYYY :)

Don't feed the beggers
Sep 10 2011, 03:40 PM
I think it's unfair to assume that we are losing players due to the fc issue. Games get old, people get bored, real life takes over is what we have to consider also. For the most part the game is 100% free, if you want the premium items than you gotta pay for them, so they haven' closed the game off to anyone, anyone can still play the game. People DO support this game and people WILL continue to support this game. For them to backtrack after they have made money on the game would be suicide....people would stop buying with money and use coins...the fc isn't expensive and every single one of us cannot deny that we have in the past and will continue in the future to spend money on frivolous items, things that we have nothing to show for things like coffee, lunch out, cable tv, satellite, movie rentals, basically anything that is not needed for our survival, I see this as being no different. If I can't afford my coffee for a week or 2, is it ok for me to go to teh boss and say "I deserve a free coffee I have been a customer here for years" or whatever you want....If it works nobody is gonna wanna mess with that and clearly people will pay real money to play, in the course of the past 2 years I have put plenty into the game $5 here and $10 there and sometimes $20 here etc etc and I will continue to do so as long as I am able, but if one day I can't do that than I guess it sucks to be me.

Its also not about where we are on the list, who really cares. Does it ruin the game if we are not number 1 but number 600 instead? no. The devs do not win a prize for being number 1, 10, 500 or 1 million. Its a number, a silly number that defines nothing. Any game will be quite popular in the beginning but that number will also fall as it ages....thats normal.

I personally don't care how much the devs make. I might be in awe at times, that I wasn't smart enough to think up a game of this nature but thats all. They created it, they keep it up, they earned every cent they have gotten. Just because people think they have made enough doesn't mean they should be forced to stop making money..when I hear them on the news about being young billionaires because of this game, I will be able to say I helped them get there!!

tnbskts
Sep 10 2011, 04:38 PM
This is not Slakhkey (codebell their other name) only game.

It's Slashkey's only game. A lot of people don't know about the connection with Codebell, and as far as I know their games aren't promoted at Farm Town and vice versa.

Unfortunately one of the things that probably makes the difference between Farm Town and Farmville is the sheer amount of advertising that Zynga is prepared to do, and the way the Zynga games require people to pollute their friends' feeds with pleas for help of one sort or another. When Farm Town had that issue with all the stuff on the feed when the belts first came out, the devs listened to the players and cut the number of levels that could be posted on the feed. Zynga would never have done that.

Hopefully as long as Farm Town has a loyal core of players, that's good enough to be going on with. If it becomes more like Farmville, it's going to risk losing the people who don't want to be playing the same game twice over and are fed up with all the pushy nagging.

Mr. H
Sep 10 2011, 04:51 PM
I think it's unfair to assume that we are losing players due to the fc issue. Games get old, people get bored, real life takes over is what we have to consider also. For the most part the game is 100% free, if you want the premium items than you gotta pay for them, so they haven' closed the game off to anyone, anyone can still play the game. People DO support this game and people WILL continue to support this game. For them to backtrack after they have made money on the game would be suicide....people would stop buying with money and use coins...the fc isn't expensive and every single one of us cannot deny that we have in the past and will continue in the future to spend money on frivolous items, things that we have nothing to show for things like coffee, lunch out, cable tv, satellite, movie rentals, basically anything that is not needed for our survival, I see this as being no different. If I can't afford my coffee for a week or 2, is it ok for me to go to teh boss and say "I deserve a free coffee I have been a customer here for years" or whatever you want....If it works nobody is gonna wanna mess with that and clearly people will pay real money to play, in the course of the past 2 years I have put plenty into the game $5 here and $10 there and sometimes $20 here etc etc and I will continue to do so as long as I am able, but if one day I can't do that than I guess it sucks to be me.

Its also not about where we are on the list, who really cares. Does it ruin the game if we are not number 1 but number 600 instead? no. The devs do not win a prize for being number 1, 10, 500 or 1 million. Its a number, a silly number that defines nothing. Any game will be quite popular in the beginning but that number will also fall as it ages....thats normal.

I personally don't care how much the devs make. I might be in awe at times, that I wasn't smart enough to think up a game of this nature but thats all. They created it, they keep it up, they earned every cent they have gotten. Just because people think they have made enough doesn't mean they should be forced to stop making money..when I hear them on the news about being young billionaires because of this game, I will be able to say I helped them get there!!

I don't care where they are on a list or how much money they make.

My concern is that if there aren't enough players the game won't be profitable. When it's not profitable it will be gone. It's happened to other FB games.

I don't have the answers. I just know that continuing to do the same thing will get the same results.

knighta
Sep 10 2011, 05:11 PM

At level 260 you can get more than 260 free farm cash. At level 1 you start out with 5.

StoneFace
Sep 10 2011, 05:14 PM
It's Slashkey's only game. A lot of people don't know about the connection with Codebell, and as far as I know their games aren't promoted at Farm Town and vice versa.

Unfortunately one of the things that probably makes the difference between Farm Town and Farmville is the sheer amount of advertising that Zynga is prepared to do, and the way the Zynga games require people to pollute their friends' feeds with pleas for help of one sort or another. When Farm Town had that issue with all the stuff on the feed when the belts first came out, the devs listened to the players and cut the number of levels that could be posted on the feed. Zynga would never have done that.

Hopefully as long as Farm Town has a loyal core of players, that's good enough to be going on with. If it becomes more like Farmville, it's going to risk losing the people who don't want to be playing the same game twice over and are fed up with all the pushy nagging.

That is probably the most important variable. I tend to think that the "great numbers" of those playing farmville are very temporary players who are simply looking for apps that might be of interest.

By the way, when I first started playing Farm Town, and required the 30 neighbors to advance... I asked a number of FB friends to just join FT so that I could hit the 30 mark. If memory serves right, I had more than a dozen oblige, and then let the game simple fade away on their own FB.

If a lot of us older players did the same, that could account for many of the 19million..... and in effect it says the game is much more stable over the last two years than the numbers imply.

Mr. H
Sep 10 2011, 05:23 PM
That is probably the most important variable. I tend to think that the "great numbers" of those playing farmville are very temporary players who are simply looking for apps that might be of interest.

By the way, when I first started playing Farm Town, and required the 30 neighbors to advance... I asked a number of FB friends to just join FT so that I could hit the 30 mark. If memory serves right, I had more than a dozen oblige, and then let the game simple fade away on their own FB.

If a lot of us older players did the same, that could account for many of the 19million..... and in effect it says the game is much more stable over the last two years than the numbers imply.

That hasn't been my experience at all.

I'm at a very high level in FV, though not quite comparable to the 165M XP I have here, but I have quite a few very advanced neighbors that are very loyal to FV. Most don't play FT but of those that do, well they prefer FV. I have several that are well beyond the highest level to unlock anything and they continue to play every day.

tnbskts
Sep 10 2011, 06:05 PM
I'm level 130 or thereabouts at Farmville (not VERY high, but higher than all but one of my neighbours, and she stopped playing a while back), and I very much prefer Farm Town. Am still hanging in at Farmville because I have neighbours who need help with stuff and don't have many neighbours of their own. But these days I spend the minimum amount of time over there, keeping my farms ticking over and helping friends with their various needs, and just getting annoyed at the gazillion popups every time I try to do anything and the constant demands to build this or share that or buy this or grow that, to say nothing of the times a careless double-click will have you spending FV cash you didn't mean to spend. I can practically feel my blood pressure drop when I come to Farm Town after some of these other games.

JAS0643
Sep 10 2011, 07:00 PM

Slashkey and codebell are one and the same so slashkey does have other games.

Don't feed the beggers
Sep 10 2011, 07:58 PM
I don't care where they are on a list or how much money they make.

My concern is that if there aren't enough players the game won't be profitable. When it's not profitable it will be gone. It's happened to other FB games.

I don't have the answers. I just know that continuing to do the same thing will get the same results.

I understand that, but this is not a something for us to be worried about, I don't have time to worry about companies going under b/c of lack of money. We cannot tell them what to do....I expect that like every other game that has ever been invented, it will have an ending at some point, until then i Plan to enjoy it. Well I will once I can get back into the site again, but for now I will just curse fb

Don't feed the beggers
Sep 10 2011, 07:59 PM

This is true, I believe that they have at least 2 other games. Neither of which I enjoy but other people do.

pennysworth
Sep 10 2011, 08:27 PM

I really hope farm town does not go the way of farmville that is why I have come back to this game. It is really getting bad over there.

tnbskts
Sep 10 2011, 08:43 PM

I'd love to see where Slashkey is mentioned anywhere on the Codebell games or vice versa. From the point of view of the players, Farm Town is a stand-alone game; Slashkey isn't pushing the Codebell games onto its players the way other game companies do when they have several games. I've yet to be told that getting a Farm Town decoration or facility is dependent on gaining a dozen levels in a Codebell game, the way the Zynga games do with each other.

Don't feed the beggers
Sep 10 2011, 09:11 PM
I'd love to see where Slashkey is mentioned anywhere on the Codebell games or vice versa. From the point of view of the players, Farm Town is a stand-alone game; Slashkey isn't pushing the Codebell games onto its players the way other game companies do when they have several games. I've yet to be told that getting a Farm Town decoration or facility is dependent on gaining a dozen levels in a Codebell game, the way the Zynga games do with each other.

you obvioulsy have never paid by paypal......if you have you probably would have noticed that the money goes to codebell NOT slashkey

tnbskts
Sep 10 2011, 09:44 PM
Yes, I know they're the same company, or Codebell owns Slashkey or whatever; I'm just saying that as far as gameplay is concerned you don't see anything about Codebell at Farm Town, and the Codebell games aren't advertised or even mentioned. I can't even see anything about Codebell's other two games on its own website (although I may be missing something because I don't really see why they wouldn't mention them). I play one of the Codebell games from time to time, and I don't remember seeing anything about Farm Town there either, except that some of the items look the same. The situation is totally different from Zynga where their games, especially new ones, infiltrate their other games, sometimes quite intrusively.

farmermuff
Sep 10 2011, 11:27 PM
It sounds to me like your friends just need to get more creative. There are ways around paying real money for farm cash to buy farm cash items. I spend probably 5 bucks every couple of weeks and its really only when I am being impatient and can't wait for my "other" methods to deliver the goods. I've got all the necessary farm cash tools, all the farm cash facilities that I have really wanted and other farm cash items and I hardly pay for any of it.

Don't feed the beggers
Sep 11 2011, 08:21 AM
you know I have friends that played but no longer play...I have had them send me fc items...since they were not going to use them anyway, why let them go to waste. There are ways of not paying to get items and yes you will or might still have to sometimes pay, but really, use your resources and you shall get what you need, not necessarily what you want, but your needs will be met.

max_river
Sep 11 2011, 11:22 AM
i am a little confused with the numbers folks on here say the highest number was 19 million when you go codebell website they say there is over 30 million playing. sounds high to me but who knows

CityGirl2009
Sep 11 2011, 02:46 PM
Hi,

I feel for the newer players who are at the lower levels and it just looks like an uphill battle as they say Will we ever make it to the top?

But on a positive note, please know that we ALL were Level 1 once and Level 20 and Level 100, etc. As a matter of fact, when I started playing Farm Town we had NO tools and had to click ONE PLOT AT A TIME!!! I also made the mistake of wasting what little Farm Cash I had because I bought one of those topiary hedges. Ughhh! I didn't really understand what Farm Cash was and that I was supposed to save it for something I really needed.

I think when I started playing Level 30 or 40 was the highest level. I remember pineapple was the crop to buy as it yielded the most coinage in return.

All I can tell the newer player is to hang in there!! You will continue to level up and your Farm Cash will increase the more you play. Also, if you have a lot of COINS and want to level up a bit faster, you can buy the watermill for 100,000 coins and get 1,000 XP's. You can only have 1 at a time on a farm, but there's a way to buy multiples as well. You lose your coins (100,000) for each watermill but if you buy 12 of them or more, you level up and gain 1 whole buck in farm cash.

Also, there really are some great facilities that are for coins only and you can do really well leveling up by using them. Example: The Glass Factory. You need the Ink & Pigment facility (plant carrots to make the orange pigment), you need the Mineral Mine and the Open Pit Mine to make the clay blocks. You can figure this stuff out as you go. You don't have to store any of that stuff you make in a facility. You can go to the market and sell it outright for more coins, then buy more watermills with those coins, etc. etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this. You CAN play this game and get to higher levels without spending 1 dime on this game. I know people who are at very high levels and all they do is plant and sell, or plant and use coin facilities.

If you can get yourself to the level needed to buy a manure spreader, that's another way to help you get double for your fertilized crops.

The only thing that I wish the developers would consider changing is hens and cows. I wish they were available for us to buy with coins just like the sheep and llamas are. It would really help with the gifting issues especially now since so many people LOST THEIR GIFTS because face book decided to update whatever and cost us our gifts :(

phrogy
Sep 11 2011, 04:37 PM
I started playing about two weeks ago. give or take a few days. I am already at level 77, thanks to help from neighbors, and smart decisions in general. I have not spent a dime of real money on this game (nor will i for any facebook app.. if i can't get a disk to put in my computer or game console i wont spend money on it... not since i spent money regularly on a game that pulled the plug for no reason at all, and now i have all that money invested in a game i can't play.) this game has been plenty fun for me without making me feel like i have to fork over hard earned money i don't have.. which is more than i can say for 'that other farming game'. sorry but the have/have not gap is way bigger over there than it has ever been here. the only think i dont like is that the requirement for buying more farms is so high... level 44 before you can buy a 2nd farm and 30 neighbors before you can get a third... and i have been waiting days for the last few neighbors that i KNOW approved my request days ago, to show up in my neighbor bar. dunno whats going on there, but hopefully i can buy the third farm in the next day or so.

wsbohannon
Sep 11 2011, 05:23 PM
This is a GAME. NOONE is twisting ANYONE's arms to play it. When you start playing, you know the rules etc. You can quit at any time. Noone is forcing anyone to play. I have worked on my game for 2 and a half years to get to the level I am at, the farms I have, the tools I have. I have CHOSEN to use MY money to buy what I want to buy. Why do people start in playing and then start whining because they can't seem to level up as fast as they want without paying their dues... This issue of GIMMIE cause 'it's not fair' is rather sickening to me.. Grow up people.. Play is you want to play or stop... quit with the stupid whining.... Sorry if this is harsh, but i get sick of all the people on here whining and wanting things given to them when there are those of us who have worked hard and enjoyed Farmtown as it is presented to us.....

artisanrox
Sep 11 2011, 08:41 PM

I agree. I play this game (and put money into it) because there is no need to junk up my own or my neighbors' walls with requests. EVERY request is potentially useful (up to the limit, but maybe that's dictated by Facebook), YOU have to be an adult and decide what you're going to use your limit on.

Most, if not all, the decorations are for coins. I love decorating in this game because SO MUCH is available for coins.

The game is truly social and interactive. If I wanted to be "social" according to some, I'd leave my house and stand on a street corner with a cup.

BEGGING IS NOT SOCIAL!

Zynga is a very different kind of company. They used pretty much bait-and-switch tactics during their time on Facebook. What has begun pretty much as a clear knockoff of Farm Town (there are articles online that clearly write that Farmville copied the idea of a farming game from here) has developed into pretty much something that only people that spend HUNDREDS (and yes, some even spend thousands!) a month can afford, what casinos call "whales".

Zynga designs their games now JUST for whales. Microcharging for absolutely everything, gambling on breeding, the dart game, etc. all play to things whales like...spending money to show virtual merchandise they have and others don't. MANY people are leaving Zynga games in droves because their games did not start out that way.

I don't want any part of this game to reflect Zynga's tactics. They're underhanded, they're flat out immoral at times, and they're very, very volatile. Zynga goes through games like some go through underwear. They develop a game that's great to play at the start, then either turn it into something whales like or completely abandon development until they announce they are pulling the game.

And as far as money invested, I have around $50 invested into the game, and I've been playing close to 2 and 1/2 years. That's around a dollar and change a month. I'm having a whole lot of fun for a dollar a month. I've been playing video games all my life, and I know a good game when I see it.

green2215
Sep 11 2011, 11:20 PM
I have all 11 farms with lots of trees and flowers, rivers, lakes, and etc. along with farms that need to be harvested and plowed. I have posted multi-hire, stated what I needed to have done, and farmers say that they have all tools and then don't. One farmer spent over half an hours harvesting a field of flowers. Could farmers names have different colors (squares) before their names according to what tools they have? I hired four different farmers today and still had to do many farms myself. Just a suggestion. (example: no tools - black, green if they have the combine, orange if they have the boat, etc.)

Taz D
Sep 12 2011, 12:07 AM
I have all 11 farms with lots of trees and flowers, rivers, lakes, and etc. along with farms that need to be harvested and plowed. I have posted multi-hire, stated what I needed to have done, and farmers say that they have all tools and then don't. One farmer spent over half an hours harvesting a field of flowers. Could farmers names have different colors (squares) before their names according to what tools they have? I hired four different farmers today and still had to do many farms myself. Just a suggestion. (example: no tools - black, green if they have the combine, orange if they have the boat, etc.)
Good idea, but you need to add it in the Suggestions area. You can't start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

clogger
Sep 12 2011, 12:19 AM

Just a suggestion: When I hire from the market, I hire the person to do one farm, maybe just a job or two on that farm (e.g. h/p or harvest crops and trees) I can see what tools they use for that job, see if they miss a lot, see how fast they work. If it fits with what I need, I will then ask them if they want to do more, and multi-hire for other jobs and/or other farms.

Whoopsidaisy
Sep 12 2011, 05:20 AM
Just a suggestion: When I hire from the market, I hire the person to do one farm, maybe just a job or two on that farm (e.g. h/p or harvest crops and trees) I can see what tools they use for that job, see if they miss a lot, see how fast they work. If it fits with what I need, I will then ask them if they want to do more, and multi-hire for other jobs and/or other farms.

I've tried that in the past. I usually get no response at all-either from lack of manners or because they are in full screen ,or just don't pay attention. Same reason they lie when in the market place and say they have all the tools or are willing to do anything but refuse when you ask them to chop trees or fish and when they do accept a job they don't really have the tool to make it go faster. I have no problem hiring those who don't have tools but I do have a problem with hiring someone who lies. I wouldn't mind a color code either. It would save a lot of time. Last few times I tried to hire not one paid attention to what I was asking and the message board kept jumping from the spamming from people asking for jobs. Every time I tried to send a private message that person vanished before I finished typing, lol. Just some of the many reasons I do all my own work and continue to avoid the market

tnbskts
Sep 12 2011, 06:18 AM
Well, if someone says in the market that they have tools and I hire them for several farms and it turns out they don't, I just go back and hire someone else who does. I don't normally like having a person with tools steamroller over someone without, but it's different if a person has lied about having tools.

TonieKlock
Sep 14 2011, 06:02 AM
I have made a purchase on Shoe Dazzle and have not received my 200+ credits what can I do about it please help email is turnmeover@hotmail.com farm is Toni Klock avitar name is Sissy

Thanks for your help

TonieKlock
Sep 14 2011, 06:19 AM
I just purchased an item at Shoe Dazzle and have not received my earn credits of 200+ my Avitar is Sissy and my email is REMOVED EMAIL can you please fix the issue?

Thanks
Sissy

Taz D
Sep 14 2011, 11:48 AM
I just purchased an item at Shoe Dazzle and have not received my earn credits of 200+ my Avitar is Sissy and my email is REMOVED EMAIL can you please fix the issue?

Thanks
Sissy
Sissy,
You will need to contact the Facebook Credits Support Center. To get to that, on Facebook go to your Account Settings and click on Payments in the left column. At the bottom of that screen is "Learn more about Facebook Credits" so click on that. Toward the bottom of the next screen is "Get help in the Facebook Credits Support Center." Click on that and answer the questions.
Farm Town doesn't have anything to do with this so this is the only way to get your credits.

TonieKlock
Sep 14 2011, 12:37 PM
Hi Taz D

I did check on that matter of farm town credits and its showing 250 credits (in a shadow)does this mean its waiting to clear from the bank? This was done yesterday and the bank statement is showing Pending...
Thanks
Sissy

Taz D
Sep 14 2011, 01:17 PM
Hi Taz D

I did check on that matter of farm town credits and its showing 250 credits (in a shadow)does this mean its waiting to clear from the bank? This was done yesterday and the bank statement is showing Pending...
Thanks
Sissy
If you are referring to the amount shown on the Credits Balance line then no that is how much you have and is not a pending amount. That means you got your credits. Now you need to go to the Buy Cash tab above your farm and convert those credits to Farm Cash. With 250 FB credits your can get 120 FC for 199 FB Credits and then go back to it and get 25 FC for 49 FB credits. You will then have 145 FC with 2 FB credits left over.
As you can see it is not a 1 for 1 exchange.

TonieKlock
Sep 14 2011, 01:37 PM
Thank You Taz D I didn't realize that they changed the procedure I was waiting for an automatic balance on my Farm Town $$$$ You were very helpful and thanks again for helping out
Sissy

Taz D
Sep 14 2011, 02:04 PM
Thank You Taz D I didn't realize that they changed the procedure I was waiting for an automatic balance on my Farm Town $$$$ You were very helpful and thanks again for helping out
Sissy
Your welcome. Facebook change this for all games by making them all use Facebook credits.

diannevt
Sep 15 2011, 01:09 PM
Hiring non-playing friends so you can earn Farm Cash - it came up the other day so I clicked on it and sent some requests, it came up today so I again clicked on it and it now says that I've earned 7 farm cash however I can't figure out how to claim it/get it moved to my balance. I really don't think it said that the other day. Thanks for any help/suggestions. :)

Taz D
Sep 15 2011, 04:22 PM
Hiring non-playing friends so you can earn Farm Cash - it came up the other day so I clicked on it and sent some requests, it came up today so I again clicked on it and it now says that I've earned 7 farm cash however I can't figure out how to claim it/get it moved to my balance. I really don't think it said that the other day. Thanks for any help/suggestions. :)
I think this is something new they have added to let you know how much you have earned total by inviting people for this challenge. You have at sometime in the past earned that amount and it was already given to you. People were wanting some way to track how much they had earned so this has been added.
From this I am guessing that the 30 FC total is only on what you have invited to do this challenge and none counts toward it if you are invited by someone else. That kind of clears up some confusion on that.

rposer@googlemail.com
Sep 17 2011, 08:00 AM
Actually the only problem about FC is, that the items are to expensive. I understand that FC is necessary for the devellopers but to make an example:

1 super-cow costs 5 FC. 250 FC cost approx. 40 US$, which means 1 FC costs 1 US$ is 6,25 FC. To round it= 1 super cow costs 1 US$. I don`t buy any because of that price. But if 2 of such cows would cost 1 US$ together, I would buy some.

So the problem about FC is: it is not to expensive, the items are to expensive! I buy more when things cost less AND when I get advantage when buying.

So cut the FC-prices in the game, especially for cows and hens.

Randall_Lind
Sep 17 2011, 08:30 AM
All I know is I spent maybe $200+ on this game maybe more and I don't want to know how much FC items = in real $$ I may cry LOL Heck keeps me out of trouble so can't be all that bad.

rjohn726
Sep 17 2011, 08:52 AM
Actually the only problem about FC is, that the items are to expensive. I understand that FC is necessary for the devellopers but to make an example:

1 super-cow costs 5 FC. 250 FC cost approx. 40 US$, which means 1 FC costs 1 US$ is 6,25 FC. To round it= 1 super cow costs 1 US$. I don`t buy any because of that price. But if 2 of such cows would cost 1 US$ together, I would buy some.

So the problem about FC is: it is not to expensive, the items are to expensive! I buy more when things cost less AND when I get advantage when buying.

So cut the FC-prices in the game, especially for cows and hens.

That's why I created some neighbors. I just buy and sell items those at 100,000 coins that give me 1000 XP points and do that many times till I gain 30 to 40 levels up or whatever to obtain the necessary Farm Cash to buy those items. I have bought over 100 $5 FC animals and over 8 tools or facilities all of which were over $30 FC. Yes it does take a lot of work but I have several neighbors that I created with over 90 million coins and it is worth it to spend a few days doing that.

jsbh821
Sep 17 2011, 09:40 AM
hey guys I looked for another thread with my same problem and couldn't find one, so forgive me if this isn't the right area but here is my problem. I cannot get the offers to stop loading for facebook credits. It just keeps loading and loading and I try to scroll down and it starts over again. What am I doing wrong? Sorry to be such a ding dong head!! :)

Taz D
Sep 17 2011, 10:32 PM
hey guys I looked for another thread with my same problem and couldn't find one, so forgive me if this isn't the right area but here is my problem. I cannot get the offers to stop loading for facebook credits. It just keeps loading and loading and I try to scroll down and it starts over again. What am I doing wrong? Sorry to be such a ding dong head!! :)
I am not sure what offers you are referring to. Are these offers showing in the game or somewhere else?

topteach
Sep 18 2011, 03:56 PM
I ordered from "FTD" Florist and was to get 180 Farm Town Cash. I see the 180 FC in my game pull down, but can't get to them to use them on my farm. I don't have a clue how to get them from the game Face Book Credits to Farm Cash.

Taz D
Sep 18 2011, 04:09 PM
I ordered from "FTD" Florist and was to get 180 Farm Town Cash. I see the 180 FC in my game pull down, but can't get to them to use them on my farm. I don't have a clue how to get them from the game Face Book Credits to Farm Cash.
What you got was not Farm Cash, but was Facebook credits. None of the "free" offers are for Farm Cash since the changeover mandated by Facebook on July 1st.
To get your 180 Facebook credits converted to Farm Cash you need to go to the Buy Cash tab up top of the game. With 180 Facebook credits you will only be able to get 55 Farm Cash for 99 FB credits, then go back and get 25 Farm Cash for 49 FB credits leaving you with 32 credits left over to use later when you add more.
Or you can purchase a larger amount for real cash paying for the difference in how many credits you have. The rate is about $0.10 per credit. For example if you want to buy 120 Farm Cash then it will require 199 FB credits. When you click to pay with credits then it will show you have 180 credits and will be buying 19 credits for $1.90. So to get 120 Farm Cash instead of 80 it would only cost you $1.90.
Hope I haven't confused you.

dlitedrive
Sep 18 2011, 10:19 PM
I can't get into Farm Town at all. It may be a virus on my computer. :(

Happy pants
Sep 18 2011, 11:34 PM
Happens to me sometimes, Dlite... oddly enough, if I use my other browser to open it ( I have both Chrome and Safari ) and then close it again, it'll open on the first one. I have no idea why it works... but it usually does, at least for me.

jsbh821
Sep 19 2011, 10:20 AM
These are the offers in Farmtown under the tab earn cash.

jsbh821
Sep 19 2011, 10:22 AM
I am not sure what offers you are referring to. Are these offers showing in the game or somewhere else?

This is the area in farmtown under earn cash tab!

Taz D
Sep 19 2011, 10:37 AM

These are the offers in Farmtown under the tab earn cash.
These are under Facebook's control and not Farm Towns even though you get to it from a tab at the top of the game. Try getting to them through Facebook from the Account Settings Payments and see if they do the same thing.

tatty1
Sep 21 2011, 03:44 AM
hello everyone, I have 48 FT credits in my account box what do I need to do to use them please

Taz D
Sep 21 2011, 12:06 PM
hello everyone, I have 48 FT credits in my account box what do I need to do to use them please
Those are not FT credits. They are Facebook credits. With only 48 you cannot buy any of the Farm Cash amounts for the smallest amount of Farm Cash (25) you need 49 Facebook credits.

Sandy1970
Sep 21 2011, 12:35 PM
Hello,

with the new way to purchase the FB credits instead the Farm Cash with mobile phone, and not single provider can cover my VIP network for mobile phone, you have taken away from me, the only possibility I had with Mobile Pass to purchase Farm Cash for Farm Town.

I have no PayPal in my country and I don't have any bank in my country that can issue me credit or debt card just for internet purchases.

Purchasing with Mobile Pass was easy and it was the only possibility I had to have any Farm Cash and use it for Farm Town.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.....

Sandy

Taz D
Sep 21 2011, 03:25 PM
Hello,

with the new way to purchase the FB credits instead the Farm Cash with mobile phone, and not single provider can cover my VIP network for mobile phone, you have taken away from me, the only possibility I had with Mobile Pass to purchase Farm Cash for Farm Town.

I have no PayPal in my country and I don't have any bank in my country that can issue me credit or debt card just for internet purchases.

Purchasing with Mobile Pass was easy and it was the only possibility I had to have any Farm Cash and use it for Farm Town.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.....

Sandy
Sandy you are complaining to the wrong people. Farm Town had nothing to do with this and would have rather continue the way they were. Facebook mandated the change by July 1 for ALL games and apps through Facebook.

Farmer Kate 52
Sep 22 2011, 12:22 AM
Sandy you are complaining to the wrong people. Farm Town had nothing to do with this and would have rather continue the way they were. Facebook mandated the change by July 1 for ALL games and apps through Facebook.

I play another game called Island Paradise. From what I have read, as long as it doesn't go through FB you can place a banner at the top of your forum and go back to offering all the other ways to get Farm cash as you did before. That's what Island Paradise did. I can now go to their forum and click on what I want to use off their banner on their forum and get what I want without going through FB. I've done that a few times already and yes, I can still go through FB if I want the 2 step process.

fuzz642
Sep 22 2011, 12:02 PM
dont know who to blame for this , all my accts say the same thing under buy cash for myspace .

" this domain has expired and is pending renewal or deltetion "

cache / offlines are cleared . scans were ran i have no junk .

so whats up ?

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu288/fuzzynutts052005/surveybroken.png

Taz D
Sep 22 2011, 01:01 PM
Fuzz642, I would say you need to report this to Farm Town Support. I don't think anything can be done through the forums about it. Not sure how you get to the support through Myspace, but if it is like Facebook then the link to send a report to them will be under your Farm.

redwench
Sep 24 2011, 10:47 AM
End of my Purchases ......
i like sandy do not have a credit card i used pay pal to make my purchases, but to do that for facebook credits they want me to add a credit card to my pay pal (which i do not have ! ) i know a few friends who's accounts on FB where hacked into an theres cards where used so i would be little uncomfortable doing that even if i could..who do we complain to ???? maybe its time FT left FB am sure we'd all go !!!!!

Chick-a-dee
Sep 25 2011, 03:00 PM
Not sure where to post this. Have tried to figure it out. I bought Facebook credits and it appeared that I could use them for Farmtown and NOW it appears that I CAN NOT! Can anyone help me out on this please. I'm a little upset!

If we can use them, HOW! I see that I have the facebook credits, but can't figure out how to use them on FTOWN!

JAS0643
Sep 25 2011, 03:30 PM
Not sure where to post this. Have tried to figure it out. I bought Facebook credits and it appeared that I could use them for Farmtown and NOW it appears that I CAN NOT! Can anyone help me out on this please. I'm a little upset!

If we can use them, HOW! I see that I have the facebook credits, but can't figure out how to use them on FTOWN!

Go to the buy cash tab in the game and choose the package of cash you want to buy it will tell you how many fb credits it takes to buy that packages. If you have enough you can buy right then if you do not have enough credits it will tell you how many more you need. You click on pay with credits then there is another step to confirm you are buying that farm cash that is where you will see if you have enough credits or not.

goofy69
Sep 25 2011, 04:52 PM
i have tried for over a month to contact slash key....i bought a modern school house (farm cash) and it is gone. i am also missing 3 smokehouses and several other facilities. i am getting really tired of this. i am missing out on xp and coins not to mention the $$ i am out!!!

redwench
Oct 03 2011, 08:39 PM
how are us that have NO credit card suppose to buy farmtown cash ?????
in the past i always used pay pal without any issues ..now that option is GONE !

IS THERE AWAY AROUND THIS CREDIT CARDS ISSUE ???

pythonis
Oct 03 2011, 08:45 PM
I have paypal linked to my bank account not a credit card.

Farmer Kate 52
Oct 03 2011, 09:29 PM

I have brought FB prepaid cards and have used them for FT cash. So it can be done.

Once you know how many FB credits you have, Go to your farm and click the and click the Buy Cash tab. At the top.

A page will come up that sayes buy your package. Click on the package you want. Example---I have 506 FB credits. I don't want to use all the them so I will click on the one that sayes I will "buy" 120 credits.

I'll click terms then the green button that sayes "buy with credits"

Another pop-up will come up asking if you want to buy 120 credits for $19.99. Your not really paying real money. If you look in the upper right hand corner of the pop-up it will say "price 199 credits"

Click on buy not blue button and another pop-up will come up telling you that it was successful. Click OK--again blue button

And it will go through.

I now have 156 farm cash to use as I want.

Bring on the next update. I'm ready to spend.

Taz D
Oct 03 2011, 09:39 PM
how are us that have NO credit card suppose to buy farmtown cash ?????
in the past i always used pay pal without any issues ..now that option is GONE !

IS THERE AWAY AROUND THIS CREDIT CARDS ISSUE ???
I have no credit cards myself and for my Paypal account I have it linked to my bank checking account and asa back up I have my debit/check card listed. Both go to the same account. Facebook has no problem with this.

Another way around it is to buy Facebook Cards. They are in numerous stores.

sanstephanie
Oct 04 2011, 03:02 PM
wish i could get this, i have just leveled up and i thought you got fc for that but i didnt

Taz D
Oct 04 2011, 03:37 PM
wish i could get this, i have just leveled up and i thought you got fc for that but i didnt
You get 1 Farm Cash for each level as you go up. Try restarting your farm and see if you get it and if not then post in the Help and Support section.

C Downy
Oct 05 2011, 11:13 AM
I've searched for this question with no success. I wanted to hire some friends for the farmtown cash challenge and it says I can't because there isn't a suitable number of friends to challenge. What do I need to do? Do I need a minimum number of facebook friends and if so, what is that number?

pythonis
Oct 05 2011, 09:50 PM
FYI as far as purchases go a debit card and a credit card go theyre both the same thing. If it has a Visa/Mastercard logo on it then for all intents and purposes its a credit card. So if you think "I cant get paypal because i dont have a credit card all i have is a debit card" then relax. theyre pretty much the same thing. feel free to use it to get a paypal acount.

Lip
Oct 08 2011, 09:14 AM
I have never seen any request for work that gives you farm cash. Is this something new? if so how does it work and what can I do to get it? I really need more farmcash and I personally can't aford to puchase it and the offers take too long. I wish the amount you get for levels would increase or something so you could earn more farmcash while playing the game.

Yvonne47
Oct 15 2011, 07:18 AM
This morning I purchased Farmcash and hit the wrong key. I was supposed to buy the $19.99 and then hit the wrong key. I was charged on my paypal account $50.00 but only received 120 Farmcash. Could you please help me?

Taz D
Oct 15 2011, 03:40 PM
This morning I purchased Farmcash and hit the wrong key. I was supposed to buy the $19.99 and then hit the wrong key. I was charged on my paypal account $50.00 but only received 120 Farmcash. Could you please help me?
Since you chose to buy 120 Farmcash, then that is the amount you bought. The rest of the $50 that you spent are now in Facebook credits. You should have about 351 Facebook credits. You can check this by going to Account Settings on Facebook and clicking on Payments in the left column. The top item shows your Credits Balance. If you want to dispute or try to correct this back to the $19.90 you originally wanted to spend, then at the bottom of that section is "Learn more about Facebook Credits" Click on Facebook Credits and on the next page is a link to the Facebook Credits Support Center. They are the ones you need to contact to correct the error.

feynt_of_heart
Oct 16 2011, 05:46 PM
I received this message in error to a forum question about Farm Cash and credits. Only send replies that are related to subjects that I can answer.

Taz D
Oct 16 2011, 05:51 PM
I received this message in error to a forum question about Farm Cash and credits. Only send replies that are related to subjects that I can answer.
You get an email everytime someone posts in a thread you are subscribed to whether they are replying to your post or someone else's. If you do not want to see those emails then unsubscribe to the thread. At some point you had to have posted in this thread to have gotten that email. You can unsubscribe in the thread tools at top of page or you can unsubscribe from all threads by changing your options in the User CP.

feynt_of_heart
Oct 17 2011, 05:00 PM
Getting a taste of what the moderators face each time they log into their e-mails if they are connected.

ayah
Oct 27 2011, 08:26 PM
Hi -

I purchased a pair of shoes on Shoe.com which is linked to Farm Town "Earn Cash" - I also purchased a couple items for my grandbabies at Old Navy which was also linked to "Earn Cash". I did not receive the credits for either purchase. I have searched and cannot find who to email to get this straightened out.

Help !

amdevine
Oct 28 2011, 01:54 AM
I understand that to get farm cash you either level up and receive 1 per level or spend real money. How do you get farm cash once you've reached the highest level of 260?

Padme
Oct 28 2011, 03:17 AM
I understand that to get farm cash you either level up and receive 1 per level or spend real money. How do you get farm cash once you've reached the highest level of 260?

You wait for more levels to come out and get the farm cash from them. You buy farm cash with real money. Or you do offers for facebook credits and use the facebook credits to buy farm cash. Those are the only ways to get farm cash.

clarecheetham
Nov 01 2011, 12:01 PM
Do the developers ever read your messages? Are they going to do anything about limited amount of Farm Cash that we can earn.

StoneFace
Nov 01 2011, 12:44 PM
Do the developers ever read your messages? Are they going to do anything about limited amount of Farm Cash that we can earn.

I think the standard answer is that the Mods will pass on any info that they deem the developers would want to know.

It would be nice - and I suggest again - if the developers had a thread where they could post often - even daily - some feedback or conversation, or update to the game players who keep them in business.

That thread could be blocked from comments, which admittedly would be in high numbers. It would just be a courteous thing to do.... and might take all of one minute at the end of their work day.

Now, since the mods usually read every post to place it either in file 13, or in the appropriate thread, there should be no reason why the mods could not ask the devs to do this..... if they agree that it would be a good thing

cottom
Nov 03 2011, 07:58 AM
I have been 6 months accumulating enough FC to get a chocolate factory. I'll get there, one dreary FC at a time, only 8 more needed.

daled48
Nov 10 2011, 04:31 PM
I have over 100 million farm coins! I can't do anything because I don't have enough neighbors and I'm not at a high enough level. What to do, I guess I'll try for 200 million. Anybody know what the highest amount is??

c.abell
Nov 10 2011, 06:37 PM
I have over 100 million farm coins! I can't do anything because I don't have enough neighbors and I'm not at a high enough level. What to do, I guess I'll try for 200 million. Anybody know what the highest amount is??

Not for sure what the highest is; but, I'm over 9.5 billion. And, I know I'm no where near the top.

cottom
Nov 10 2011, 06:41 PM
You wait for more levels to come out and get the farm cash from them. You buy farm cash with real money. Or you do offers for facebook credits and use the facebook credits to buy farm cash. Those are the only ways to get farm cash.

My Plan is as we go into the busy holiday season is to just quit play for a while. MAYBE our coins will become worth something.

Ms Helpful
Nov 16 2011, 08:52 AM
I was wondering if there is anyway we can still get our fc equivalents when we go through each level even though we are at the top level because obviously it all gets frozen.

Example I wont earn any fc at all until the next level update and therefore if i want anything fc i have to spend real money. dont get me wrong i do spend real cash but was wondering if there was a way round this?

thank you :D x

ps.... can you see i was struggling to try and make it clear and therefore it appears as if im repeating myself lol

artisanrox
Nov 16 2011, 10:04 AM
You do get FC equivalents at top level. If you were level 260 and still worked your farm, you're bumped up to the appropriate level and immediately given the appropriate FC.

I was 260, worked on my farm anyway, and when the update hit I was level 270 with 10 instant FC.

Ms Helpful
Nov 16 2011, 05:52 PM
yeah i know i earnt 25 but what i am saying is I dont want it frozen and then given in a lump sum because there are things that i want to buy example .. i have 52 and im going to buy something that is 32 and im left with 20 - cant do anything with that amount and therefore will have to wait for next update. is that clearer :D

Happy pants
Nov 16 2011, 08:47 PM
Nope.... the only way to earn more FC between updates if you are always at the top level is to do some of the bonus stuff; look under the "Earn Cash" tab at the top of your "play" page and see if you can earn some FC that way. Otherwise it's fork over the dough or wait for the next rise in levels. Sorry..... there's a lot of us in the same boat. :)

Ms Helpful
Nov 17 2011, 03:01 PM
Nope.... the only way to earn more FC between updates if you are always at the top level is to do some of the bonus stuff; look under the "Earn Cash" tab at the top of your "play" page and see if you can earn some FC that way. Otherwise it's fork over the dough or wait for the next rise in levels. Sorry..... there's a lot of us in the same boat. :)

thank you HP ... havent had that banner for ages and i never reached its limit.

i dont mind forking money out cus i consider it pocket money lol :D

Indigo Rose
Nov 17 2011, 10:42 PM
The "Earn" cash tab. It never appears on my farm but does on my SIL's as I saw this morning when I was over there. Wondering why not on all farms.
I could do with earning some.

Janet 1
Nov 19 2011, 05:18 AM
I'm sure this is really simple but could someone please tell me how to access the Facebook Credits I paid for last night and transfer them to Farm Town? I was expecting all 525 to be added but only 250 went through so where are the rest?

al_bundy
Nov 19 2011, 05:27 AM
I'm sure this is really simple but could someone please tell me how to access the Facebook Credits I paid for last night and transfer them to Farm Town? I was expecting all 525 to be added but only 250 went through so where are the rest?

to see how many available credits you have one way is to see while playing ft above the game ticker top right of fb page there is a credits icon when you mouse over it it will tell you how many credits you have.

when you buy fc the required amount is deducted from there.

Janet 1
Nov 19 2011, 05:44 AM
Right.... I've tried that and I've now paid £3.17p for 50 more credits. :eek:
Before I clicked on the 'Buy now' icon it said I had 176 left. This figure hasn't changed and after reloading Farm Town the amount of farm cash hasn't gone up so I'm obviously doing something wrong. Sorry to be a pain but could you explain simply how to get the credits onto Farm Town? I daren't click on anything now in case I've got to pay some more money.

al_bundy
Nov 19 2011, 05:48 AM
Right.... I've tried that and I've now paid £3.17p for 50 more credits. :eek:
Before I clicked on the 'Buy now' icon it said I had 176 left. This figure hasn't changed and after reloading Farm Town the amount of farm cash hasn't gone up so I'm obviously doing something wrong. Sorry to be a pain but could you explain simply how to get the credits onto Farm Town? I daren't click on anything now in case I've got to pay some more money.

To buy farm cash you do it the same as before the only difference is the button now says pay with credits and facebook works out how much it costs farmtowns price which hasnt changed then facebook converts the coins into fc.

if you dont have enough facebook credits to buy the fc it will tell you how many you need.

not sure how else to explain it sorry

Janet 1
Nov 19 2011, 06:00 AM
You've explained it very well. Thank you. I've managed to get 55 through and have 77 credits left. Next time I'm going to stick to my usual method and not get extra 'cos I know what I'm doing then. :D Thanks again - I appreciate your help.

Taz D
Nov 19 2011, 08:45 AM
You've explained it very well. Thank you. I've managed to get 55 through and have 77 credits left. Next time I'm going to stick to my usual method and not get extra 'cos I know what I'm doing then. :D Thanks again - I appreciate your help.
When you look at the first page the price beside each amount is in US Dollars. If you look at those and drop the last digit on each amount that is how many Facebook Credits are needed to purchase that amount. So that would be:
250 FC - 399 Facebook credits
120 FC - 199 FB credits
55 FC - 99 FB credits
25 FC - 49 FB credits

With the 77 credits you have you can get another 25 Farm Cash for 49 FB credits and not have to pay any extra. That will leave you 28 credits left for the next time you want to purchase.

Janet 1
Nov 19 2011, 09:12 AM
:eek:....I'm sure it hadn't used to be this complicated! I just used to get 120 Farm Cash and paid between £12 and £13 approx. and 120 Farm Cash would go on Farm Town. Simple and no problems. Now it seems I need 199 Facebook credits to get 120? Have things changed? I'm old and don't need this hassle. :D
Many thanks for your help by the way.

Tiger
Nov 19 2011, 09:21 AM
:eek:....I'm sure it hadn't used to be this complicated! I just used to get 120 Farm Cash and paid between £12 and £13 approx. and 120 Farm Cash would go on Farm Town. Simple and no problems. Now it seems I need 199 Facebook credits to get 120? Have things changed? I'm old and don't need this hassle. :D
Many thanks for your help by the way.

Hi there,

No the rates are still the same. It just looks confusing since Facebook mandated that all FB games had to use Facebook credits(FBC) with games. Facebook credits are not valued the same as £1, so 1 FBC does not cost £1.

Here's an approximate guide for you. Bear in mind that depending on the payment method, the prices may vary.

25 FC : 49FBC / $4.99 / £3
55 FC : 99FBC / £9.99 /£6.25
120 FC : 199FBC / $19.99 / £12.50
250 FC : 399 FBC / $39.99 / £25

Janet 1
Nov 19 2011, 09:37 AM
I understand that and 120 works out to roughly the amount I've been paying (I have been paying with Facebook credits for a while.) I think I went wrong somehow this time as there was an offer for 525 credits for £31.76p and that is what my receipt is for. 250 went straight onto Farm Town which I thought left 275 credits but apparently it doesn't - it leaves 176. :confused: That's what I don't understand because when I went to school - admittedly a long time ago - 250 off 525 leaves 275 so I presumed that's how many credits I would have left. It's obviously me getting confused so I'm sorry as I'm probably being very annoying. :D

Tiger
Nov 19 2011, 10:26 AM
I understand that and 120 works out to roughly the amount I've been paying (I have been paying with Facebook credits for a while.) I think I went wrong somehow this time as there was an offer for 525 credits for £31.76p and that is what my receipt is for. 250 went straight onto Farm Town which I thought left 275 credits but apparently it doesn't - it leaves 176. :confused: That's what I don't understand because when I went to school - admittedly a long time ago - 250 off 525 leaves 275 so I presumed that's how many credits I would have left. It's obviously me getting confused so I'm sorry as I'm probably being very annoying. :D

Hi there,

Sounds like what you have done is bought the amount of Facebook credits needed for 250 Farm Cash plus an extra amount of facebook credits.

When you first select the amount of Farm Cash you want, then the payment method, the next box by default selects the correct amount of credits to buy just that amount of Farm Cash. If at that point you clicked on another offer, you would have bought extra facebook credits, which is what it sounds like you did.

It costs 399 facebook credits to buy 250 Farm Cash. So if you bought 525 facebook credits, used 399 for 250 Farm cash, that will leave you with 176 facebook credits.

You could buy another 25 Farm Cash with what is left, it would cost you 49 facebook credits.

Hope that makes it clearer for you.

Janet 1
Nov 19 2011, 10:50 AM
Yes that sums up exactly what I did and you've explained it very clearly thanks. I think I'll use up the remaining 25 Farm cash that's left and then stick to what I know in future not go clicking on special offers. It just seemed like a good idea at the time. lol.

Missvicki
Nov 19 2011, 06:04 PM
When will they ever decide its no longer about the money but about the public enjoying the games they create?All these games require credits...to purchase credits u have to have cash or credit cards.SERIOUSLY?????
Make EVERYTHING buyable by COINS ONLY PLEASE!!!

Taz D
Nov 20 2011, 02:44 AM
When will they ever decide its no longer about the money but about the public enjoying the games they create?All these games require credits...to purchase credits u have to have cash or credit cards.SERIOUSLY?????
Make EVERYTHING buyable by COINS ONLY PLEASE!!!
Seriously, what do they feed, clothe, and house their families with not to mention buy and run the servers with? You can play this game for free. Nothing says you have to buy the items that are for Farm Cash. However if no one bought anything with purchased Farm Cash then this game would be gone very quickly. Farm Town has a higher percentage of items for coin than any other game on Facebook.

Padme
Nov 20 2011, 02:27 PM
Seriously, what do they feed, clothe, and house their families with not to mention buy and run the servers with? You can play this game for free. Nothing says you have to buy the items that are for Farm Cash. However if no one bought anything with purchased Farm Cash then this game would be gone very quickly. Farm Town has a higher percentage of items for coin than any other game on Facebook.

They also get money form the ads people buying farm cash is not the only way for the developers to make money. Even if it was I think it is very rude of you to jump all over people that suggest doing away with farm cash. I have sen you reply with posts like this one when someone complains about farm cash several times. People have a right to complain about something without others jumping all over them for their opinions. It is posts like yours that make the forum unwelcoming for people and drive them away from the forum and the game. Why do you feel the need to tell people they are wrong to complain about farm cash who died and made you the protector of the developers livelihood.

tarawa
Nov 20 2011, 06:42 PM
They also get money form the ads people buying farm cash is not the only way for the developers to make money. Even if it was I think it is very rude of you to jump all over people that suggest doing away with farm cash. I have sen you reply with posts like this one when someone complains about farm cash several times. People have a right to complain about something without others jumping all over them for their opinions. It is posts like yours that make the forum unwelcoming for people and drive them away from the forum and the game. Why do you feel the need to tell people they are wrong to complain about farm cash who died and made you the protector of the developers livelihood.

just WOW. and a added lol.

Taz D
Nov 20 2011, 07:49 PM
All I did was present the other side of the coin so to speak. I am entitled to my opinion as well as you or anyone else in the forums about any issue in the feedback. I did not make any rude remarks, but just stated the facts.
Now whether they make money from the ads would be debatable since they removed the ads below the game at our request due to problems with them blocking the farm. The ads and all content to the right of your farm belong to and are controlled by Facebook. Whether they share anything from the revenue of those I doubt it. Even Facebook does not get any revenue from them unless someone clicks on them.

Simera
Nov 20 2011, 07:51 PM
just WOW. and a added lol.

Agreed upon! No-one force anyone to play this game with FarmCash (or real-money)
Sooooo, what's the complaint about?? It is so very simple - - - play this game for free, or simply buy those things you're wishing for beyound the FREE version! Fair and square like that!

Regards
Simera

1fritz
Nov 20 2011, 08:16 PM
WOW!!! I've been playing since March of 2009 ( I think). And folks continue to rag about Farm Cash. I recently started playing a game because my grandson liked it and i wanted to help him. It's about an island in the sky. (Don't want to name the game) But from the beginning they hit you with BUY BUY their version of Farm Cash. You can accomplish almost nothing without spending real money.

Farmtown at every up date I can recall has at least 50% of the new items for coin, and you can earn a lot of coin by working neigbors farms, or hiring out in the market place.
Thinking these folks should try a different game for a week or so to realise how GREAT we have it at Farmtown.

Just my thought's love this game and the way the Dev's have done it to keep it fun for all.

Fritz: :D:D

JAS0643
Nov 20 2011, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=1fritz;4946498]WOW!!! I've been playing since March of 2009 ( I think). And folks continue to rag about Farm Cash. I recently started playing a game because my grandson liked it and i wanted to help him. It's about an island in the sky. (Don't want to name the game) But from the beginning they hit you with BUY BUY their version of Farm Cash. You can accomplish almost nothing without spending real money.

Farmtown at every up date I can recall has at least 50% of the new items for coin, and you can earn a lot of coin by working neigbors farms, or hiring out in the market place.
Thinking these folks should try a different game for a week or so to realise how GREAT we have it at Farmtown.

Just my thought's love this game and the way the Dev's have done it to keep it fun for all.

Fritz: :D:D[/QUOTE7]

In a none farm/level update which is most updates we get 4 facilities and 3 or 4 tools only 2 of them you can buy with coins. Can you please do the math for me and show me how 2/7=. 5 because I get 2/7=. 28 which is less then 50%.

Taz D
Nov 20 2011, 09:57 PM
[quote=1fritz;4946498]WOW!!! I've been playing since March of 2009 ( I think). And folks continue to rag about Farm Cash. I recently started playing a game because my grandson liked it and i wanted to help him. It's about an island in the sky. (Don't want to name the game) But from the beginning they hit you with BUY BUY their version of Farm Cash. You can accomplish almost nothing without spending real money.

Fritz: :D:D[/QUOTE7]

In a none farm/level update which is most updates we get 4 facilities and 3 or 4 tools only 2 of them you can buy with coins. Can you please do the math for me and show me how 2/7=. 5 because I get 2/7=. 28 which is less then 50%.
Your not counting all the other decorations and other items that get added to the store.

theicebaby75432
Nov 20 2011, 10:04 PM
Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have been AFk for about a week, when I got back, the 12th farm had been added as well as new levels. I had 10 farm cash, the new levels gave me 25 more, for a total of 35. I bought farm 12, and up graded to 18x18 with the coin options and bought the 3 new coin facilities...everything I did was for coins abut now I only have 3 FC and I don't know why!! Help??

JAS0643
Nov 20 2011, 10:19 PM
[quote=JAS0643;4946710]
Your not counting all the other decorations and other items that get added to the store.

Fritz said in every update things are 50% cash and 50% coins and that is not true. In updates that do not include farms, levels, and or holiday stuff, which is most of the updates we get we only get 4 facilities and 3 or 4 tools and only 2 of them are for coins the other 4 or 5 items cost farm cash. Fritz clam is not true. The most for this game costs fc there is no other game on fb where that is the case that includes zynga games.

Padme
Nov 20 2011, 10:20 PM
Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have been AFk for about a week, when I got back, the 12th farm had been added as well as new levels. I had 10 farm cash, the new levels gave me 25 more, for a total of 35. I bought farm 12, and up graded to 18x18 with the coin options and bought the 3 new coin facilities...everything I did was for coins abut now I only have 3 FC and I don't know why!! Help??

Only 2 of the facilities cost coins the other two cost farm cash that is probably where your missing fc went to.

1fritz
Nov 21 2011, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE=Taz D;4946750]

Fritz said in every update things are 50% cash and 50% coins and that is not true. In updates that do not include farms, levels, and or holiday stuff, which is most of the updates we get we only get 4 facilities and 3 or 4 tools and only 2 of them are for coins the other 4 or 5 items cost farm cash. Fritz clam is not true. The most for this game costs fc there is no other game on fb where that is the case that includes zynga games.

Jas,,I stand corrected.

My point was that there are games out there that do seem to require more real $$ to move ahead, and a lot more begging to accomplish anything. And I would have to admit that I have quit the others in favor of Farmtown, so maybe things have changed. Just my opinion, I'm not a number cruncher I kinda do a fly by the seat of pants farming operation.

Fritz

goofyshoes
Nov 25 2011, 03:44 PM
So, if I'm not in the right forum, forgive me; however, when you go to "earn cash" and fill out surveys or sign up for something, i.e. Blockbuster, how long does it take before the "credits" or farm cash show up???? This was a total waste of time if they don't hand out the credits/farmtown cash.
"

Taz D
Nov 26 2011, 12:41 AM
So, if I'm not in the right forum, forgive me; however, when you go to "earn cash" and fill out surveys or sign up for something, i.e. Blockbuster, how long does it take before the "credits" or farm cash show up???? This was a total waste of time if they don't hand out the credits/farmtown cash.
"
Each offer tells you how long before they post your Facebook credits (not Farm Cash). The length of time varies depending on what type of offer it is. If you haven't gotten them within the prescribed time you can contact TrialPay who is responsible for those and not Farm Town, by going back to the Earn Cash tab and clicking on the Help in upper right corner. They have a form you can contact them with. Make sure you have your confirmation email and coppy that into their form.
Once you have your Facebook credits then if it is enough you can go to the Buy Cash tab and use those to get Farm Cash.

Happy pants
Nov 28 2011, 09:25 AM
Just an observation; not criticizing, but one day when I was bored, I went through every single page of the store and counted the items that were coins and the ones that were Farm Cash..... and the percentage of items available for FC only was 18%. Granted, that proportion is much higher in the Tools and Facilities pages, but still.

JAS0643
Nov 28 2011, 06:08 PM
Just an observation; not criticizing, but one day when I was bored, I went through every single page of the store and counted the items that were coins and the ones that were Farm Cash..... and the percentage of items available for FC only was 18%. Granted, that proportion is much higher in the Tools and Facilities pages, but still.

The thing is the most requested items in th game and the items that allow you to play the game in a faster way or give you the coins to buy all the land cost farm cash. There is no other game on FB that is that way including farmville. Yes they have a lot of decorations for fc where ft doesn't but the tools can be built or bought with fc. That is why they have a lot more players and ft's numbers are dropping fast.

Happy pants
Nov 28 2011, 07:41 PM
The thing is the most requested items in th game and the items that allow you to play the game in a faster way or give you the coins to buy all the land cost farm cash. There is no other game on FB that is that way including farmville. Yes they have a lot of decorations for fc where ft doesn't but the tools can be built or bought with fc. That is why they have a lot more players and ft's numbers are dropping fast.

Okay, good point.... I don't play FV, so I wasn't aware of that.

Chipster
Nov 29 2011, 02:18 PM
Dear Farm Town Creators,
I am writing this message with the utmost respect for your game. I am, however, very upset with your gaming practices. I came to this site with a fairly large group of friends. We played here with one farm each and never even expected another one. We grew our single farms together adding new friends and neighbors. We even had weekly harvest parties when we all got together and shared our harvests along with the laughter.
The option of adding a SECOND farm - was SO much FUN back then
I've kept up pretty much over time. And I've quit in frustration before. I feel that the game has become too GREEDY. No longer can we earn things and that was the FUN of playing. Even the long awaited update didn't even provide enough Farm Cash to buy a single facility.
It's GREAT for the new players and believe me I have MANY friends who I'm very happy to help grow.
Somehow, like other games, the players who have played the longest are given the option to either pay their hard earned cash to continue playing or quit. SO many dear friends have quit. I have to wonder if the almighty dollar is really worth all of this??
Like · · Sunday at 8:47pm
Tammie Morris, Carol Young Womble, Laura Heiman and 20 others like this.

LazyHousewifeRanch
Nov 29 2011, 09:06 PM
I haven't quit playing, but they won't get another dime out of me. :)

tarawa
Nov 30 2011, 12:04 AM
I don't get it.They didn't give you more free stuff,in a free to play game,that you can advance in nicely without buying any extras,and where exactly is the problem?

"Somehow, like other games, the players who have played the longest are given the option to either pay their hard earned cash to continue playing or quit."

I have been playing for 2+ years,and as of yet have not received any notice that if I do not buy something,I must quit.:confused:If you are complaining because 1/2 the facilities each update cost fc,or the upgraded tools cost fc,I have to ask..how exactly do you think a BUSINESS is supposed to stay in business?
It amazes me how many people can play a f2p game,and turn around and complain that the extras cost real money,as if this company,or any game company makes the games because they have big hearts.Please don't bring up the ad revenue either,because,no one here knows how much that actually is,and you can turn off or block the ads anyhow.

artisanrox
Nov 30 2011, 09:11 AM
I agree with tarawa. You can get along very nicely and progress very quickly without spending any real money. I play the game on my mom's account and I've already gotten up way past level 100 in just maybe a month or two. No real money spent at all.

Yes, the additional facilities are helpful, but the additional tools only save clicks, they don't "produce" something someone without a lot of Farmcash doesn't have.

If you want to be at the top of your friends' ladder in three days, YES you're going to be disappointed because you WILL have to spend a lot of money.

But who seriously wants to spend a LOT of money just for that??? Yes I know people that will do that are out there. Hey, whatever floats your boat but I can still think it's silly.

StoneFace
Nov 30 2011, 09:47 AM
I am probably a part of the 30% or so who have played this game for a couple years or so.

When I have the FarmCash (either bought or given FOR FREE with levels) I spend it...... on myself..... no one else spends on me.... and I don't expect it.

It is a FREE game... play the FREE game.... and if you want more or need more... get out the wallet. No wallet? Then live and play within your means.

Next thing I expect to hear is some farmers demanding that those with extra levels and extra farm cash need to be "taxed" more so that those with less will receive their "entitlements"

gee... where do I hear this stuff in real life... oh yeah... Washington DC

Just like the "O"-administration... Blame you can count on.

servocrow
Nov 30 2011, 10:56 AM
I am probably a part of the 30% or so who have played this game for a couple years or so.

When I have the FarmCash (either bought or given FOR FREE with levels) I spend it...... on myself..... no one else spends on me.... and I don't expect it.

It is a FREE game... play the FREE game.... and if you want more or need more... get out the wallet. No wallet? Then live and play within your means.

Next thing I expect to hear is some farmers demanding that those with extra levels and extra farm cash need to be "taxed" more so that those with less will receive their "entitlements"

gee... where do I hear this stuff in real life... oh yeah... Washington DC

Just like the "O"-administration... Blame you can count on.

I wish I could "like" this post! Well said.

thonotosassa49
Nov 30 2011, 11:19 AM
Some people want the whole thing but are unwilling to part with cash. You cannot have it all without parting with cash, not even in real life. I do not have everything and am happy with what I have. I play the game within my means. I found that I do not need the pasta restaurant to use the pasta I produce. I just sell it to Tom in the market. The same goes for other cash facilities and retail stores. Happy farming. :)

jeannieb
Nov 30 2011, 11:55 AM
Can't find my original question so will post here and write down which thread and page so maybe I can find the answer.

when you purchase and send an item with farm cash it would be nice if they told you that the person already had that item and keep you from wasting your money?

StoneFace
Nov 30 2011, 12:24 PM
Can't find my original question so will post here and write down which thread and page so maybe I can find the answer.

when you purchase and send an item with farm cash it would be nice if they told you that the person already had that item and keep you from wasting your money?

yes it would

I have found than when trying to send an "enhanced" tool, it will be refused with the statement like "Neighbor has to have XXX tool in storage before you can send the YYY tool."

note that they have to have it in STORAGE. If it (say the first SuperPooper) is out on a farm, you could not send the SuperDooperPooper.

Since the gifts arrive with your name on them, the receiver knows you sent it.... so why not just ask ahead of time... " ...I am sending you a WWW tool or facility, unless you already have one....."

This process might be easier than having the devs add that extra coding/work.

jeannieb
Nov 30 2011, 01:39 PM
yes it would

I have found than when trying to send an "enhanced" tool, it will be refused with the statement like "Neighbor has to have XXX tool in storage before you can send the YYY tool."

note that they have to have it in STORAGE. If it (say the first SuperPooper) is out on a farm, you could not send the SuperDooperPooper.

Since the gifts arrive with your name on them, the receiver knows you sent it.... so why not just ask ahead of time... " ...I am sending you a WWW tool or facility, unless you already have one....."

This process might be easier than having the devs add that extra coding/work.

I did not ask because he normally does not purchase anything but leaves that up to me but I will in the future.

kyscout57
Dec 10 2011, 12:23 PM
I never received my farm cash for the last two times that you issued them. Please send these to me.

Taz D
Dec 10 2011, 12:27 PM
I never received my farm cash for the last two times that you issued them. Please send these to me.
What level are you at?

Taz D
Dec 10 2011, 05:32 PM
I am wondering why we can't all get the Earn Cash tab at the top of our farms. According to Facebook's help pages, this should be doable for all of us with there script code. As it is right now neither way I used to be able to get to those will show up for me anymore.

urbaroOrgat
Dec 19 2011, 11:10 AM
gogo laizer

suelou
Jan 01 2012, 06:26 AM
I need to redeem my farmtown credits that I purchased and I really dont know how to get to the credit. I went to where it says that I have 701 credits and all that came up was buy so I clicked that and now I have 751!!! Please help I need to expand and dont have enough $$

Taz D
Jan 01 2012, 12:55 PM
I need to redeem my farmtown credits that I purchased and I really dont know how to get to the credit. I went to where it says that I have 701 credits and all that came up was buy so I clicked that and now I have 751!!! Please help I need to expand and dont have enough $$
Those credits are Facebook credits and not Farm Cash. To convert those credits to Farm Cash go to the Buy Cash tab at the top of your farm. It is not a 1 for 1 exchange for Facebook credits to Farm Cash. The exchange is a s follows:
250 Farm Cash costs 399 credits
120 Farm Cash costs 199 credits
55 Farm Cash costs 99 credits
25 Farm Cash costs 49 credits.

lurynne
Jan 03 2012, 02:59 PM
Why don't you give farm cash in a lotto or like you do for coins. It would sure help.

Farmer John83
Jan 05 2012, 12:18 AM
I don't like how many things require Farm Cash only especially the equipment. I think everything should be like at the Realtor where it can all be bought with Farm Cash or the regular coins earned while farming. Also the whole Farm Cash concept wasn't even added until my Level was already in the 20s so I was more or less cheated out of 20 something coins that I could have had if I'd started plying later.

cottom
Jan 05 2012, 02:51 PM
I don't like how many things require Farm Cash only especially the equipment. I think everything should be like at the Realtor where it can all be bought with Farm Cash or the regular coins earned while farming. Also the whole Farm Cash concept wasn't even added until my Level was already in the 20s so I was more or less cheated out of 20 something coins that I could have had if I'd started plying later.

Upgrade Farm 1 to 26X26 cost TEN BILLION Coins. or $30 Farm Cash
Upgrade Farm 2 to 26X26 cost TEN BILLION Coins. or $30 Farm Cash
Upgrade Farm 3 to 26X26 cost TEN BILLION Coins. or $30 Farm Cash
Upgrade Farm 4 to 26X26 cost TEN BILLION Coins. or $30 Farm Cash

That is FORTY BILLION coins for the same thing $120 in Farm Cash will buy. Ain't nothing fair, or even reasonable about that.

Chaplain Van W. Cottom
Terre Haute, Indiana

Farmer John83
Jan 05 2012, 05:33 PM
That's another part of my point but a totally different can or worms. The prices and availability of things as a whole needs to be reevaluated and fixed.

jamesrwoodssr
Jan 07 2012, 01:13 PM
Can you buy farmcash using a gift card? Thanks

JAS0643
Jan 07 2012, 03:16 PM

When farm cash was added to the game the developers want back and gave everyone the fc they would have earned if fc had been in the game all along. You where not cheated out if anything.

Taz D
Jan 07 2012, 04:42 PM
Can you buy farmcash using a gift card? Thanks
The gift cards you can get that are usable are for Facebook credits. You would have to add them to your Facebook credits account first then buy the Farm Cash with those credits. Farm Town does not have their own gift cards.

JW2009
Jan 07 2012, 06:19 PM
You can buy farm cash if you have a MasterCard or visa gift cardThe gift cards you can get that are usable are for Facebook credits. You would have to add them to your Facebook credits account first then buy the Farm Cash with those credits. Farm Town does not have their own gift cards.

Farmer John83
Jan 08 2012, 02:48 AM
Well they skipped over giving me those initial credits then. I've never spent any til last week and had about 20 fewer coins than XP levels. I'm not worried about it though I'll just have to earn more.

farmerdave70
Jan 14 2012, 06:04 AM
You used to be able to earn farm cash by visiting various companies, is anything like this still possible?

Taz D
Jan 14 2012, 11:01 AM
You used to be able to earn farm cash by visiting various companies, is anything like this still possible?
Not sure what you mean by "visiting" companies. The same kind of offers are available as we used to have for Farm Cash, but are now for Facebook credits.
If you do not have the Earn Cash tab, then you can still get to those by going to the Buy Cash tab. Select any amount on the first page, then on the next page next to your payment method choose Change and you will get a list of payment methods. If Earn Credits isn't listed you can select More Payment Options and it will appear.
If you don't have a payment method established then the second page will be the list of payment methods and you can do the same as above without having to click on change.

artisanrox
Jan 23 2012, 10:37 AM

Facebook probably stopped that because they wouldn't get a 30% cut of the money from it that way :P

artisanrox
Jan 23 2012, 10:40 AM
FORTY BILLION coins for the same thing $120 in Farm Cash will buy. Ain't nothing fair, or even reasonable about that.

Chaplain Van W. Cottom
Terre Haute, Indiana

And there's nothing more boring and a waste of time than accumulating massive amounts of currency you will never use.

Oh wait, maybe that'll make me a "job creator". LOL

cottom
Jan 23 2012, 02:53 PM
ONE TIME... I got my 27 F$ too. Yet, I am STILL getting phone calls, mail, and email from the various insurance companies.

Taz D
Jan 23 2012, 06:31 PM
ONE TIME... I got my 27 F$ too. Yet, I am STILL getting phone calls, mail, and email from the various insurance companies.
Add your phone to the "Don't call" list and when they call inform them you no longer want to hear from them. They should stop calling.

bagoshen
Jan 24 2012, 02:51 PM
Has anyone bought FB Credit at 80% off

jwilsongarrison@hotmail.c
Jan 24 2012, 04:32 PM
For the past 24 hours , I have NOT been receiving XP points, most recently (within the hour) I purchased the Chinese REstaurant,,,,and again NO XP POINTS ! Please advise........Thank you, Judy

Taz D
Jan 24 2012, 05:47 PM
For the past 24 hours , I have NOT been receiving XP points, most recently (within the hour) I purchased the Chinese REstaurant,,,,and again NO XP POINTS ! Please advise........Thank you, Judy
What level are you? If it is 285, then your experience bar will not move until they add the new levels. Watch your numeric total and you should see it going up.

efisher@vivenet.com
Jan 26 2012, 10:59 AM
you can also find this option when sending gifts. choose gift when it takes you to the select friends click on cash challange. you can only do it one time per day so make sure you click on everyone you want then or you have to wait untill the next day to do it again

I went to gifts, select friends and found no cash challenge to click on. Where am I going wrong.

Taz D
Jan 26 2012, 11:06 AM
I went to gifts, select friends and found no cash challenge to click on. Where am I going wrong.
That post is a year old and a lot of changes have been made since then. The only place you can get to the cash challenge now is when it shows up at the top of your farm.

FarmerJen89
Jan 27 2012, 12:03 PM
Didn't there used to be offers you could do to earn free farm cash? I would like to earn free cash not purchase and only getting by upping a level is not very fast.

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 02:03 PM
Didn't there used to be offers you could do to earn free farm cash? I would like to earn free cash not purchase and only getting by upping a level is not very fast.
Yes there were, but with Facebook taking over that part they are now for Facebook credits instead of for Farm Cash. If you don't have the Earn Cash tab then you can go to the Buy Cash tab. Select an amount, check the box for Terms of Service and click buy with credits. When you get to the second page, click on Change next to your payment method. If earn credits doesn't show in the next list, click on more payment options at the bottom of the list and it will show. Cleck on Earn Credits and you will get the offers. Remember that they are not for Farm Cash but are for Facebook credits.

Taz D
Feb 05 2012, 06:09 PM
Has anyone bought Farm Cash recently?
If you have we are now getting charged by Facebook for the next higher amount of Facebook credits. :eek:
This means if you want to buy 250 Farm Cash for $39.99 then you have to spend $50 to get your 250 FC + 101 Facebook credits. You cannot buy just enough credits to pay for 250 Farm Cash.
Since they only offer through the Buy Cash tab 10, 50, 100, 200 dollar amounts then even for 25 FC you have to spend $10.00.
Slashkey it is time to protest this to Facebook.

Janet 1
Feb 05 2012, 06:14 PM
Yes, unfortunately I got caught out by that a few months ago. I only buy small amounts at a time now so I know what I'm doing.

Taz D
Feb 05 2012, 06:30 PM
Yes, unfortunately I got caught out by that a few months ago. I only buy small amounts at a time now so I know what I'm doing.
However now you don't have a choice. The amount checked now is the next higher amount from what you want and there is no line to buy just the amount of credits you need.
This is a recent change.

Janet 1
Feb 05 2012, 06:35 PM
Oh right I didn't know that as I haven't bought any for a few weeks. Doesn't sound very good.

cottom
Feb 05 2012, 09:46 PM
Has anyone bought Farm Cash recently?
If you have we are now getting charged by Facebook for the next higher amount of Facebook credits. :eek:
This means if you want to buy 250 Farm Cash for $39.99 then you have to spend $50 to get your 250 FC + 101 Facebook credits. You cannot buy just enough credits to pay for 250 Farm Cash.
Since they only offer through the Buy Cash tab 10, 50, 100, 200 dollar amounts then even for 25 FC you have to spend $10.00.
Slashkey it is time to protest this to Facebook.

Made it to Level 203 without buying FC, so guess I can do it the rest of the way. ONE TIME - and I mean ONLY ONE TIME I got entangled in getting health insurance quotes for $27 FarmTown dollars, and got swamped by spam for almost a month over that. Sometimes I had to exercise the Biblical principle of patience but I've still got my money in my pocket.

pythonis
Feb 06 2012, 10:09 PM
i just did a dry run of buying farm cash. its still the same for me. $4.99 for 25, $9.99 for 55, $19.99 for 120, and $39.99 for 250

Taz D
Feb 06 2012, 10:21 PM
i just did a dry run of buying farm cash. its still the same for me. $4.99 for 25, $9.99 for 55, $19.99 for 120, and $39.99 for 250
Yes, I checked it tonight too and it looks like it is back to where you only pay what is required. I don't know if it was a glitch by Facebook or Trialpay, but it would not have been cool if they had kept it that way.

lisakroutz
Feb 07 2012, 06:47 AM
can someone please help i have just found out thst $150 has disappeared from my farm
thank you :-) :-(

Taz D
Feb 07 2012, 01:06 PM
can someone please help i have just found out thst $150 has disappeared from my farm
thank you :-) :-(
I answered your post in the Help and Support section.

caligirl62
Feb 12 2012, 09:36 PM
why r folks allowed to post things in here that have absolutely nothing to do with farm town?

Taz D
Feb 12 2012, 10:00 PM
why r folks allowed to post things in here that have absolutely nothing to do with farm town?
It is called spam and as soon as the mods see these they are removed. Since anyone can join and post in these forums then this will happen at least until their posts can be removed and they can be banned by the moderators.

caligirl62
Feb 12 2012, 10:03 PM
It is called spam and as soon as the mods see these they are removed. Since anyone can join and post in these forums then this will happen at least until their posts can be removed and they can be banned by the moderators.

cool...bad enough we have to put up with all the **** on the right side of our screens in the games and on our home pages and profiles!!!

John P
Feb 15 2012, 03:26 AM
I have to admit I'm an addict of FarmTown but I'd like to hear what others have to say about the ever spiralling cost of keeping up with the constant additions of facilities and land.........personally I've spent far more money (real money) on the game than I've ever spent collectively on any of the top premium games that are out there in the market place.......so come on Slashkey, I know you give us a brilliantly addictive game, I know it's costly for you to constantly develop it, but how about reducing the farcical costs of some things?? I play regularly but I've never yet achieved 5,000,000 coins which as you know is the asking price for just one farm upgrade at present.............

Tony D
Feb 15 2012, 03:54 AM
I have to admit I'm an addict of FarmTown but I'd like to hear what others have to say about the ever spiralling cost of keeping up with the constant additions of facilities and land.........personally I've spent far more money (real money) on the game than I've ever spent collectively on any of the top premium games that are out there in the market place.......so come on Slashkey, I know you give us a brilliantly addictive game, I know it's costly for you to constantly develop it, but how about reducing the farcical costs of some things?? I play regularly but I've never yet achieved 5,000,000 coins which as you know is the asking price for just one farm upgrade at present.............Hi , I moved your post to the Farm Cash thread :)

peachy51
Feb 22 2012, 02:22 AM
Incidentally it would cost around $500:00 to buy all tools and facilities or 3327 Farmcash if you prefer.

It costs way more than that if you want larger farms. Have you seen what it costs to upgrade the farms to the larger size? I have had to use FC to enlarge farms and with all the stuff I have bought that cost FC, I have spent more than $400 so far on this game. I don't mind that if I weren't constantly having to spend more $$ to move along in the game. :(

And if that's not bad enough, used to be I could just spend a certain amount of dollars and get a certain amount of FC ... now they have it where I have to spend a certain amount of $$ to get FT credits which don't equate to that number of FC ... so you are always either short or have some credits over, but they aren't enough to do anything with. Don't tell me this isn't a ploy to get me to spend more $$ to add to those credits so I can do something with them. I'm thinking FT is getting pretty greedy with my $$. :(

Taz D
Feb 22 2012, 12:37 PM
And if that's not bad enough, used to be I could just spend a certain amount of dollars and get a certain amount of FC ... now they have it where I have to spend a certain amount of $$ to get FT credits which don't equate to that number of FC ... so you are always either short or have some credits over, but they aren't enough to do anything with. Don't tell me this isn't a ploy to get me to spend more $$ to add to those credits so I can do something with them. I'm thinking FT is getting pretty greedy with my $$. :(
Farm Town did not do because they wanted to. Facebook mandated that all games use Facebook credits to buy in-game currencies. If anything it is a ploy by Facebook to get more.
You are not forced to buy more credits than you need to get the amount of Farm Cash you want. If you click on the Buy Cash tab, select the amount you want, click to buy with credits and don't change anything on the next page and just click Buy Now you will only purchase anough credits to buy that amount of Farm Cash with no Facebook credits leftover.

Taz D
Mar 04 2012, 09:51 PM
On the Farm Cash offer at the top of the farm for the 3 FC for working on someones farm there is a glitch. These requests will show up on your farm if you are on your farm and working, or show in the Apps and Games link on Facebook, but they do not show up in the My Requests tab in the game.

JW2009
Mar 05 2012, 08:45 AM
Hi, I have noticed that also, but they do appear on the top right where you see FT, and other games application there's numbers in red over FT, highlight with your mouse, if you see one offer there, click it and it will load in your farm and then ask you to go work :) Thank You and Happy Farming :)On the Farm Cash offer at the top of the farm for the 3 FC for working on someones farm there is a glitch. These requests will show up on your farm if you are on your farm and working, or show in the Apps and Games link on Facebook, but they do not show up in the My Requests tab in the game.

santorm
Mar 06 2012, 03:02 AM
I have looked everywhere but cannot find the 'cash' option.

peachy51
Mar 06 2012, 03:50 AM
On the Farm Cash offer at the top of the farm for the 3 FC for working on someones farm there is a glitch. These requests will show up on your farm if you are on your farm and working, or show in the Apps and Games link on Facebook, but they do not show up in the My Requests tab in the game.

That's not the only glitch. I have accepted 4 of the requests in the past two days and then not gotten the box asking if I want to go to their farm and do the work :mad: That's $12 FC I've missed out on! :mad::mad:

The other glitch is when you get to their farm you always get the box saying there is no work there, when clearly there is and when you do the harvest it accepts it.

Tuckertbnc
Mar 06 2012, 01:35 PM
I read here yesterday about the send to friends for help so Both get Farmcash ... I sent mine out ,, did one on my hubby's had my mom do one from her farm ....

So far today I've received 23 FREE FARMCASH .... I posted this at 2:35 its now 5:00 I've got $30

The one thing I've had to do is I had to remind neighbors to NOT harvest everything ready so others can come work ...

AND you have to go back to home farm ... First ... then revisit the Requesting farm ....then make sure you are on a farm w a FACTORY before accepting the > Work factories to get the $2 farmcash .. if you accept and there is NOT a factory on that farm it WILL NOT let you switch farms .. you will have to go back to home farm and go back to requesting farm > find a factory farm and THEN accept to work factories to get the $2 farmcash ...

Hope this helps someone to get free farmcash and maybe someone could tell the developers about the glich > not letting you find a factory farm once you've accepted the help request ...

I think allowing us to work neighbors that are ACTIVE is great of the Developers .. Even if this is only once in awhile its great to get this much Free Farmcash !!!

StoneFace
Mar 06 2012, 02:05 PM
I read here yesterday about the send to friends for help so Both get Farmcash ... I sent mine out ,, did one on my hubby's had my mom do one from her farm ....

So far today I've received 23 FREE FARMCASH ....

The one thing I've had to do is I had to remind neighbors to NOT harvest everything ready so others can come work ...

AND you have to go back to home farm ... First ... then revisit the Requesting farm ....then make sure you are on a farm w a FACTORY before accepting the > Work factories to get the $2 farmcash .. if you accept and there is NOT a factory on that farm it WILL NOT let you switch farms .. you will have to go back to home farm and go back to requesting farm > find a factory farm and THEN accept to work factories to get the $2 farmcash ...

Hope this helps someone to get free farmcash and maybe someone could tell the developers about the glich > not letting you find a factory farm once you've accepted the help request ...

I think allowing us to work neighbors that are ACTIVE is great of the Developers .. Even if this is only once in awhile its great to get this much Free Farmcash !!!

I have maxed ($30) the farm cash on each account and my wife's and a friend (both of whom I also now "manage")

It was a nice diversion.

I first clicked the offer box a few days ago, and of course the offer box then disappeared.... but only for a few days. When it reappeared, I clicked again, and it showed me how much Farm Ca$h I had earned so far. And again all friends appeared... I again only chose FT neighbors, as they are most likely to respond.... keep the ca$h in the family so to speak.

Most of the time I clicked the Globe-icon in the upper left next to the word facebook..... and the notice of "X X X sent you Requests..." took me to a farm that I could work and make $$.

I would always get the $1 offer to harvest... and simply take a tree or flower, then return home. When invited back for the $2 to work a facility, I could work one at that farm or move to any farm and work them just as if they had been posted for work.

My only glitch so far...... I keep getting invited to the last farm I worked again, and again, and again. I can harvest and I can work again... but there is no payment for the work.

Now in a few days, when the offer might appear again... it will be interesting to see if I can start another $30, continue to earn,... of simply be told to hit the dusty road back home.

Tony D
Mar 06 2012, 11:41 PM
Hi All, we are getting a lot of questions about Farm Cash offers in here. This is the general feedback section. If you require help please post in this thread

http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395242

JohnAlbertini
Mar 10 2012, 07:26 PM
It is ridiculous but their pattern has been 25 levels every OTHER upgrade or about once every two months we get 25 new levels.
So they give us 24 new FC facilities, not to mention new tools, and we get 150 levels every YEAR. So, with an average of 32 FC per facility, we get to "buy" a whopping 4.5 of the 24 new facilities (less than 1 in 5) per year UNLESS you hand over large amounts of REAL cash!
They don't give a darn about players who don't PAY to play.

Tony D
Mar 10 2012, 07:32 PM
It is ridiculous but their pattern has been 25 levels every OTHER upgrade or about once every two months we get 25 new levels.
So they give us 24 new FC facilities, not to mention new tools, and we get 150 levels every YEAR. So, with an average of 32 FC per facility, we get to "buy" a whopping 4.5 of the 24 new facilities (less than 1 in 5) per year UNLESS you hand over large amounts of REAL cash!
They don't give a darn about players who don't PAY to play.Hi, I moved your post to the feedback section

whosyou?
Mar 10 2012, 08:06 PM
They don't give a darn about players who don't PAY to play.

If they didn't care about people who did not pay,everything would cost real money and you wouldn't get to play period.You do realize this game is a business,and that they have bills to pay right?Giving out a limited amount ensures that they still get a income.Of course,I guess playing within your means,just as living within your means in RL,is a novel idea.

Tuckertbnc
Mar 10 2012, 09:49 PM
Hi .. Just wondering, I posted replies earlier this evening to 2 different subject / posts ... and now the posts are gone ??? What caused them to vanish ??
One was a reply to a comment someone made about a post of mine and the other was a suggestion for someone to contact Slashkey for a refund because they bought a duplicate item ... Are we not supposed to reply to anyone's comments ???

Tony D
Mar 10 2012, 11:20 PM
Hi .. Just wondering, I posted replies earlier this evening to 2 different subject / posts ... and now the posts are gone ??? What caused them to vanish ??
One was a reply to a comment someone made about a post of mine and the other was a suggestion for someone to contact Slashkey for a refund because they bought a duplicate item ... Are we not supposed to reply to anyone's comments ???Hi, I have sent you a private message.

Regina_Phelangie
Mar 12 2012, 01:52 PM
I just had to post about this. Recently I added new friends and they sent me invites to earn Farm Cash. Three of them never 'popped-up' like they should to invite me to go earn the cash. I wrote a note about it to Slashkey. Within one day I received an answer and my missing Farm Cash. Thank you so much for being prompt and not giving me any hassle about the problem. As always...this game it TOPS! :)

brendajj
Mar 15 2012, 12:51 PM
OH WOW i did the hire friends for farm cash and received 30 in total i tried to send to more friends some had trouble sending or getting in to work my farms to get there's but i had a few that it was working for and i have to admit it didn't always work like it was suppose to for me all the time...BUT SWEET i can use those 30 FC. What i want to know is this a one time thing or is it going to be a regular thing? Some people have told me you can get 30 FC ever 30 days and some have said it is a one time shot...no matter 30 FC is awesome but would be great to get it once a month... that's one facility almost a month

Taz D
Mar 15 2012, 03:55 PM
OH WOW i did the hire friends for farm cash and received 30 in total i tried to send to more friends some had trouble sending or getting in to work my farms to get there's but i had a few that it was working for and i have to admit it didn't always work like it was suppose to for me all the time...BUT SWEET i can use those 30 FC. What i want to know is this a one time thing or is it going to be a regular thing? Some people have told me you can get 30 FC ever 30 days and some have said it is a one time shot...no matter 30 FC is awesome but would be great to get it once a month... that's one facility almost a month
It is a one time thing. You can also earn 30 FC by others sending you the offer too.

amdevine
Mar 17 2012, 07:49 PM
I use to have showing "Farm Cash Offers: Click Here to hire some friends and earn up to 30 FarmCash!" This is no longer showing on mine but it's showing on my friend's.

Beverley Welch Adams
Mar 18 2012, 12:20 AM
I also accepted a request from someone and this is what happened to me.
When I accepted it took me to their farm and I harvested a tree. It gave me the one Farm Cash and asked if I wanted to work a facility for 2 more Farm Cash. I accepted and worked all the facilities on that farm but did not receive the Farm Cash. I went back to my farm and a pop up appeared asking me if I wanted to accept working in a friends facility to earn 2 more. I accepted, it took me back to the same farm and awarded me the 2 FC. Strange, but it worked.

Beverley Welch Adams
Mar 18 2012, 12:24 AM
How do you transfer Facebook Credits into Farm Town Cash. I cannot find any instructions on how to do this. Can someone please help. TYVM

Taz D
Mar 18 2012, 04:01 PM
How do you transfer Facebook Credits into Farm Town Cash. I cannot find any instructions on how to do this. Can someone please help. TYVM
You click on Buy Cash tab at the top of your farm. There you select the amount you want. Your credits will be used to buy FC at the following rates:
250 FC costs 399 credits
120 FC costs 199 credits
55 FC costs 99 credits
25 FC costs 49 credits

joyce.pendleton
Mar 22 2012, 11:30 AM
I was told to go to FT, click on store, Other ahen click on gift card but it did not work for me - says I don't have enough FC to buy 55 gift and I have 55 FB credits.

Taz D
Mar 22 2012, 11:41 AM
I was told to go to FT, click on store, Other ahen click on gift card but it did not work for me - says I don't have enough FC to buy 55 gift and I have 55 FB credits.
That is for using your existing Farm Cash to buy a gift card to send to a neighbor not for buying Farm Cash for yourself. I answered your question in the Help and Support question that you posted.

joyce.pendleton
Mar 22 2012, 02:46 PM
thanks Taz. That info is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks a bunch - Joyce Pendleton

Taz D
Mar 22 2012, 05:56 PM
thanks Taz. That info is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks a bunch - Joyce Pendleton
By the way this would be the correct link to your farm:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1430771038&farm_ix=Y

debbie6715
Mar 24 2012, 02:37 AM
have to say mine has quit coming up too ... for a while i saw the ''ticker tape'' on top of my farm... hasn't been there now for over 2 weeks..

Mine has stopped too. I keep looking in all the places that are being posted and can't find it any longer.

This was really a nice way to gain some farm cash...really hope they put it in a solid spot like sending gifts is right now....if you already have used it then it simply wouldn't work. That would be just the same as with the giving gifts is being presented (Only possible when you have used it in the 20 hour day) But leave it stationary....so we don't feel like we are going crazy!!!!

Miz judy
Mar 27 2012, 10:43 AM
I have been wondering..If I spend cash to get xp-points to buy factories and tools with- will I just see taken out of my banking account what I take out..and no extra fee added but surprise later.?? And how and what are the credits for- how do we use them when we are ready to purchase the factories or the tool>

Taz D
Mar 27 2012, 11:10 AM
I have been wondering..If I spend cash to get xp-points to buy factories and tools with- will I just see taken out of my banking account what I take out..and no extra fee added but surprise later.?? And how and what are the credits for- how do we use them when we are ready to purchase the factories or the tool>
Last July Facebook mandated that all games use Facebook credits. What this means is that you are buying Facebook credits to use to buy Farm Cash. The credits can not be used in the game directly.
What does this mean to you? When you want to buy Farm Cash to use to buy facilities, tools and other items, then you go to the Buy Cash tab at the top of your farm, select the amount of Farm Cash you want to buy, check the box for Terms of service, then click on Buy with credits. On the next page do not change the amount selected. Click on the Buy Now button and if you have not already established a payment method, you will have to do so now. You should not get charged any more than the stated price on the first page.