PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- March 15th, 2011

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Don't feed the beggers
Mar 16 2011, 06:49 PM
thanks so much for the new developements and updates.....farmville is #1 for me

thats pretty insulting to the devs...please say you meant farmTOWN and not ville?? lol.

Tiger
Mar 16 2011, 06:55 PM
One old facility has finally been updated, only 2 more to go. Can we please have a new view for Juice and Dairy Facilities?

Hi,

The juice factory has two views ;), perhaps you meant another one :)

MissMaesFarm
Mar 16 2011, 07:19 PM
Woo hoo!!!! Thanks for the new releases! :)

Sesselwill
Mar 16 2011, 08:26 PM
Okay, so excited about the new release items, but now I have one issue, maybe someone else is having the same problem. In the coffee grinder, I used all the coffee I had to make caffeine and when I went to collect it, it had turned into ground coffee!!! Not happy since I can't get it back and will have to wait for more coffee to grow. Please tell me this will be fixed soon! Thanks.

Lucille Rebecca
Mar 16 2011, 08:30 PM
Just wanted to pass on a possible future upgrade....guava is a fruit that can be made into a jam and/or a juice. Have had it in the Caribbean while on vacation. BTW it is delicious!

Tiger
Mar 16 2011, 08:33 PM
Okay, so excited about the new release items, but now I have one issue, maybe someone else is having the same problem. In the coffee grinder, I used all the coffee I had to make caffeine and when I went to collect it, it had turned into ground coffee!!! Not happy since I can't get it back and will have to wait for more coffee to grow. Please tell me this will be fixed soon! Thanks.

Ack ! I hate to say it but it sounds like you clicked the wrong thing to produce, i've just checked and stored mine to see if i had the same problem, and it all stored fine. The only thing i can suggest is perhaps trying to buy some coffee from the market and try producing just a few caffiene to see if it happens again. or working friends facilites to get some in the meantime.

We will keep an eye open for anyone else having the same problem so thank you for posting.

Lavenda
Mar 16 2011, 08:34 PM
Just wanted to pass on a possible future upgrade....guava is a fruit that can be made into a jam and/or a juice. Have had it in the Caribbean while on vacation. BTW it is delicious!

you should make your suggestion in the Suggestions forum for it to be counted at all (suggestions from there are passed on to the devs)

al_bundy
Mar 16 2011, 08:39 PM

just checked mine

works like a dream

might be user error in this instance sorry

d mc
Mar 16 2011, 08:44 PM
Hi. Thanks for the best game in the world !! I need carbonated water and have been reading, I read it is in Gifts, but it is not in my gifts today; I have looked twice; not there. Which gift is on the left and right of it? How do I know if I have the current Gift page? Mine starts with St. Paddy stuff. Please let me know. thank you

al_bundy
Mar 16 2011, 08:46 PM
Hi. Thanks for the best game in the world !! I need carbonated water and have been reading, I read it is in Gifts, but it is not in my gifts today; I have looked twice; not there. Which gift is on the left and right of it? How do I know if I have the current Gift page? Mine starts with St. Paddy stuff. Please let me know. thank you

second line down first on the left beside the pork.

it is also produced in the semi-trailer truck

InePine
Mar 16 2011, 08:48 PM
It should be on the second line of gifts, right after the st.patricks stuff and before the pork. Big blue watertank.

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 16 2011, 08:59 PM

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=13662&pictureid=37954

Betty_Jo_Brown
Mar 16 2011, 09:08 PM
Thank you so much. I still love the game so much and am so excited when new upgrades come out.

cmemom13
Mar 16 2011, 09:12 PM
I love that it tells you exactly which ingredients are necessary to produce each product!

Sesselwill
Mar 16 2011, 10:33 PM
Ack ! I hate to say it but it sounds like you clicked the wrong thing to produce, i've just checked and stored mine to see if i had the same problem, and it all stored fine. The only thing i can suggest is perhaps trying to buy some coffee from the market and try producing just a few caffiene to see if it happens again. or working friends facilites to get some in the meantime.

We will keep an eye open for anyone else having the same problem so thank you for posting.

Nope, didn't click the wrong thing because I was so psyched to be able to make caffeine! Similar things have happened to me in the past when new products were introduced to factories. When I go to use it again, it's fine usually. Thanks though!

zimberg
Mar 17 2011, 03:36 AM
the new boat is the best ever......bought it, used it and am over the moon....thanks for all the new goodies

pat909
Mar 17 2011, 04:33 AM
I bought the new boat, too...and I love it!! Again, thanks so much!

pythonis
Mar 17 2011, 05:18 AM
Just found the water in the trucks. 5 waters for 700?!?!?!? Must be that 'Naive' err i mean "Evian" water. I think i'll just stick to my gifted tap.

pythonis
Mar 17 2011, 05:41 AM
ummmm ummmm ummmm..... i would imagine that means going into sub menu's after sub menu's

ummmm ummmm ummmm then why didnt they just put "unlimited sub menus"?

With the original text that made me think there was now no limit to production in the mines now.

Madam Hooch
Mar 17 2011, 06:12 AM
Has anyone noticed just how many things we need flour or tomatoes for?????? Tomatoes are needed for 22 things and flour is needed in 35!!!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous! Both take 2 days to grow and disappear before you manage to sneeze and I usually plant all my plantable space with them and my fields are fertilized. Please can the devs change something with this. Either less wheat needed to make flour or less time to grow the wheat. I'd say the same for tomatoes, but they're giftable so you can always ask people to bombard you with tomato gifts.

Tony D
Mar 17 2011, 06:15 AM
Has anyone noticed just how many things we need flour or tomatoes for?????? Tomatoes are needed for 22 things and flour is needed in 35!!!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous! Both take 2 days to grow and disappear before you manage to sneeze and I usually plant all my plantable space with them and my fields are fertilized. Please can the devs change something with this. Either less wheat needed to make flour or less time to grow the wheat. I'd say the same for tomatoes, but they're giftable so you can always ask people to bombard you with tomato gifts.Hi, just thought I would mention that flour is gift-able as well.

Madam Hooch
Mar 17 2011, 06:20 AM
Hi, just thought I would mention that flour is gift-able as well.
You are correct Tony and I did think of that, but flour is still needed in a lot more things that tomatoes. And what happens when you only have a few friends playing?

Tony D
Mar 17 2011, 06:35 AM
You are correct Tony and I did think of that, but flour is still needed in a lot more things that tomatoes. And what happens when you only have a few friends playing?I agree that it can be difficult with all the flour you require :)

Toranut97
Mar 17 2011, 08:30 AM
Has anyone noticed just how many things we need flour or tomatoes for?????? Tomatoes are needed for 22 things and flour is needed in 35!!!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous! Both take 2 days to grow and disappear before you manage to sneeze and I usually plant all my plantable space with them and my fields are fertilized. Please can the devs change something with this. Either less wheat needed to make flour or less time to grow the wheat. I'd say the same for tomatoes, but they're giftable so you can always ask people to bombard you with tomato gifts.

I would be happy to bombard you with tomatoes.

(Sorry, just kidding -- couldn't resist!)

Brian Sampson
Mar 17 2011, 08:34 AM
So is the ordering station only for the Semi-Trucks, and not any of the other 'purchase products' such as the mineral mine, beehive, etc. . I do have 4 trucks so the reduced clicking would be nice, but with 4 of them, I do not really need the quicker production (I have too much already). Not worth the FC$ for me, but hey, just a personal thing. If you only have one, and do not get enough stuff, its a godsend.

Now if I could sell the extra two of them back and recoup the FC$, that would be nice.

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 17 2011, 08:39 AM
So is the ordering station only for the Semi-Trucks, and not any of the other 'purchase products' such as the mineral mine, beehive, etc. . I do have 4 trucks so the reduced clicking would be nice, but with 4 of them, I do not really need the quicker production (I have too much already). Not worth the FC$ for me, but hey, just a personal thing. If you only have one, and do not get enough stuff, its a godsend.

Now if I could sell the extra two of them back and recoup the FC$, that would be nice.

Correct, the ordering station is only for the semi trucks.

Grammy 11
Mar 17 2011, 08:52 AM
Corn and onions - onions in every soup, and a bunch of other things, I don't know how many, but a lot. And corn has been sneaking in; one of the interesting parts of the game is holding back corn, wheat, sugarcane for recipes that need it unprocessed. I am hoping for a new farm soon to grow ungiftable onions and corn. (And soy.)

JonVDB
Mar 17 2011, 10:01 AM
I guess I will have to post to find out how long I've been a forum member. I started playing in the spring of either 2008 or 2009... can't remember.

JonVDB
Mar 17 2011, 10:05 AM
I guess I will have to post to find out how long I've been a forum member. I started playing in the spring of either 2008 or 2009... can't remember.

Looks like probably the spring of 2009.

I have started and stopped several times after maxing level. Usually slow down and/or take the summers off.

Looking forward to Farm 9 thru 12. There seems to be a real problem involving growing sufficient wheat, corn, tomatos and onions to satisfy the needs of the facilities?

KayGee
Mar 17 2011, 10:25 AM
Help. I seem to remember there being an oil rig, I think it was deco, not a working facility, but I must not be looking in the right place, or overlooking it. Did I dream this? LOL. If not, can someone please tell me where to find it? Thanks.

StoneFace
Mar 17 2011, 10:26 AM
Just found the water in the trucks. 5 waters for 700?!?!?!? Must be that 'Naive' err i mean "Evian" water. I think i'll just stick to my gifted tap.

Exactly...... total screwup on that pricing.

should be about $1coin per gallon max

JonVDB
Mar 17 2011, 10:36 AM
Oil Rig (pumps oil from ground) is in the TOOLS area of the market.

JonVDB
Mar 17 2011, 10:37 AM
Is there any use(S) for Walleye and Northern pike?

bcm151
Mar 17 2011, 11:08 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE the game thanks for all the upgrades. Can u guys have a special on farmtown $...i am going broke! lol

Jennie C.
Mar 17 2011, 11:34 AM
Except I need 7 more farmcash to get the Ordering facility.... bring on those levels!! If only I hadn't accidentally bought that outhouse! If I'd only waited instead of buying the 4th truck. Oh well :p

Love the new look for the ice-cream factory, it was the only really ugly one left. Well, the dairy could use work, but I won't quibble :)

puzzler2
Mar 17 2011, 01:33 PM
dont think this is the right page but cant find where to post
since thw new release march 15th, every time i visit a neighbour i can never help them no weeds to clear no tornados or any thing, is any body else having trouble. i cant earn any xps without helping neighbours
and i rely on helping neighbours for extra fuel

ok since i posted this it is working now

kurlikew
Mar 17 2011, 01:34 PM
Could we PLEASE have some more choices for our avatar appearance in the next release?! People have been asking forever ...

Thanks. :)

perryalexander
Mar 17 2011, 02:18 PM
>> 10, Diversification Rank shown in Facility Manager: The header in the facility manager now shows a new measure of success for players using facilities:

Is there a way to turn this off and go back to the older version where you could easily see how much you had in production. I used that all the time to see when I needed to unload my facilities and go to market. This new one is interesting but hardly useful where it is located. The old display was highly useful in managing your site.

Tiger
Mar 17 2011, 02:22 PM
>> 10, Diversification Rank shown in Facility Manager: The header in the facility manager now shows a new measure of success for players using facilities:

Is there a way to turn this off and go back to the older version where you could easily see how much you had in production. I used that all the time to see when I needed to unload my facilities and go to market. This new one is interesting but hardly useful where it is located. The old display was highly useful in managing your site.

Hello,

No sorry there is not. The new release did say "In the near future you will receive benefits like ingredients or speed or better price depending on your diversification rank." ;)

Do feel free to post your idea in the suggestions area of the forum, if you would like to :)

Tucson Tom
Mar 17 2011, 02:29 PM
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for doing this...I was wondering how to do some things and where to get other items and this UPDATE really helped!

JaneMarple9
Mar 17 2011, 02:47 PM
Loving the soft drinks factory, and saving for the ordering factory and the new ice-cream making factory :D

Berle
Mar 17 2011, 02:57 PM
Is the truck trailer station usable in storage?

Tiger
Mar 17 2011, 03:07 PM
Is the truck trailer station usable in storage?

Yes you can put the ordering station into your storage. One of the mods tried it when it first came out and it worked for him.

JKB
Mar 17 2011, 03:31 PM
"In the near future you will receive benefits like ingredients or speed or better price depending on your diversification rank."

This MAY be the way they will address the cheese issue, for instance the more facilities (diversification) you have - the faster the dairy(s) will produce cheese. I know that sounds far-fetched and terribly round-about, but we are talking Farm Town after all. :D

Blu721
Mar 17 2011, 08:34 PM
Silly question, but are all of you that can use the updates able to use the game at the moment? Just wondering if everyone was reset or just a few

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 17 2011, 08:35 PM
Silly question, but are all of you that can use the updates able to use the game at the moment? Just wondering if everyone was reset or just a few

It's only Myspace affected right now it seems :o

Blu721
Mar 17 2011, 08:36 PM
So FaceBook folks can still play?

boneswifey
you fixed it???? then why is all my stuff gone and i have to start from the beginning.....

Tony D
Silly question, but are all of you that can use the updates able to use the game at the moment? Just wondering if everyone was reset or just a fewHi , Are you a Myspace user ? if so we have a thread for this problem.. this is the link to it http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418502

Blu721
Mar 17 2011, 08:39 PM
Thank you Tony D

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 17 2011, 08:41 PM
you fixed it???? then why is all my stuff gone and i have to start from the beginning.....

No it's not fixed...but that thread in help and support will be updated as soon as we have any info :)

Docperk
Mar 17 2011, 10:16 PM
2.Fishing Boat 5x5 (FC): If you already own the Fishing Boat 3x3, then you can buy this new Fishing Boat to fish almost 3 times faster, up to 25 fish at a time.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul[/QUOTE]

Why don't I get to use this boat when I am fishing other peoples seacoast, lakes and rivers? That was I bought it and hoped that others would buy it too to fish mine fast and more efficiently.

Doc

HelenJS22
Mar 17 2011, 10:32 PM
I know I probably haven't looked far enough, but I'm running out of farming time today. I went to post my facilities and found that now I can apparently go 'via farmtown'. I clicked on this expecting that it would probably show up in the farms of my neighbours, but at this stage there is no result that way. Have since posted the usual way on Facebook, but am trying to find out what the 'via farmtown' entails. Anyone figured it out or can tell me where to read for the information. Thank you.

StoneFace
Mar 17 2011, 10:49 PM
2.Fishing Boat 5x5 (FC): If you already own the Fishing Boat 3x3, then you can buy this new Fishing Boat to fish almost 3 times faster, up to 25 fish at a time.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Why don't I get to use this boat when I am fishing other peoples seacoast, lakes and rivers? That was I bought it and hoped that others would buy it too to fish mine fast and more efficiently.

Doc[/QUOTE]

The boat has to be in storage to be used on other farmers' farms

Perhaps that is what is keeping it from working

JAS0643
Mar 17 2011, 10:49 PM

Doc

I am not sure about the fishing boat but it is probably like the 8x8 tree shaker. When you are hired to harvest trees only the 8x4 shaker will show up to click on but if you click on it and have the 8x8 it will harvest 8x8 trees. Is the 5x5 fishing boat in storage and have you tried fishing with the boat that is in the window when hired? If not let do that and let us know what happens.

CynthiaSue
Mar 17 2011, 10:51 PM
I realize the diversification thing isn't operational yet, but figured i would see how high I could get my number and before I quite finished someone came to work on my farm. I guess now I have to start all over. I am not sure this diversification thing makes sense. You can't keep your facilities full all the time, and if someone works them, the number would get smaller, right? If it is ever operational, I will delete any posts I may have to hire people, before I bother with the refilling, to make sure no one uses an old post to work my faciliites

Personally, I don't want more facilities really. I get tired of loading them. They clutter the farms. I have facilities on 3 farms, and prefer not to put any on any other farm. But, you get more points for having more facilities and more for having them totally loaded. Perhaps you won't need 4000 points to get the top rewards. I got near to 3000 before someone started working my facilities. I guess I really do need a break from this game. It all sounds like work to me now and I don't see any reward worth it. I am already top level an have 8 farms totally expanded. Anything good in the updates is for cash buyers, not for people who play alot. And actually, I don't see any more facilities as being exciting. The first ones were, but now there are so many, that they are over kill. Each facility you buy, just means you have less to put in other faciliities unless you post less often, buy from other players, or play in a way not endorsed by teh developers.

Taz D
Mar 17 2011, 10:52 PM
I know I probably haven't looked far enough, but I'm running out of farming time today. I went to post my facilities and found that now I can apparently go 'via farmtown'. I clicked on this expecting that it would probably show up in the farms of my neighbours, but at this stage there is no result that way. Have since posted the usual way on Facebook, but am trying to find out what the 'via farmtown' entails. Anyone figured it out or can tell me where to read for the information. Thank you.
All that does is send you to the FB publish if you click on it. So nothing new.

Docperk
Mar 17 2011, 10:58 PM
I am not sure about the fishing boat but it is probably like the 8x8 tree shaker. When you are hired to harvest trees only the 8x4 shaker will show up to click on but if you click on it and have the 8x8 it will harvest 8x8 trees. Is the 5x5 fishing boat in storage and have you tried fishing with the boat that is in the window when hired? If not let do that and let us know what happens.

Yes I do have it in storage. It does show the old boat there but maybe it is using the 5x5. Didn't think it was. I was on farm and not able to fish hardly at all, but maybe it was just the farm... Others I have fished now have been pretty fast.

thanks for the reply

WitW
Mar 18 2011, 12:14 AM
I guess I really do need a break from this game. It all sounds like work to me now and I don't see any reward worth it. I am already top level an have 8 farms totally expanded. Anything good in the updates is for cash buyers, not for people who play alot.

I think if you are feeling that way then it may be time for a break. I wonder how much is just anticipation for people and then when the updates come some are let down (not meaning you specifically).

I am just waiting to see how the diversification thing works out. Don't get disheartened before we really know how it works.

Ilsewdm
Mar 18 2011, 02:06 AM
Thank you for putting the "Pending" and "Done" spots back on the facilities manager.
Now if you could do something for us cheese deprived. I have 8 dairies and forever run out of cheese. I work my neighbors' farms CONSTANTLY and send my farms out to be worked a lot, and still I run out of cheese. Same thing with oil. I have 8 oil pumps and 2 refineries, but with all the power tools and the ability to use my tools on my neighbors' farms, even 750,000 units don't go very far. Please find a way we can double output. I'll even pay FC for it if necessary.
"

ctu1010166
Mar 18 2011, 03:05 AM
I'm very suprise that Done and Pending turned back!
Thank you, Devs

CynthiaSue
Mar 18 2011, 03:49 AM
I think if you are feeling that way then it may be time for a break. I wonder how much is just anticipation for people and then when the updates come some are let down (not meaning you specifically).

I am just waiting to see how the diversification thing works out. Don't get disheartened before we really know how it works.

I think you are right. This is me exactly. Too much of it is anticipation and I have felt let down after every update. And then to think there will probably be a month before the next one, and it is likely to be a let down for me as well. It is definitely time for a break. The thing is, this is the only game that I still play. I guess i won't know what to do with myself. I guess we will just see if I can live without games. I am sure this game is simply an addiction for me now. I really do not enjoy filling my facilities or working others facilities anymore. Many times I have found enjoyment in helping others go up levels or make coins, but I am afraid that that is not enough anymore either.

I think it is too late. I already feel disheartened. However, I can always come back if it turns out to be something "fun" and not just a device by the developers to get people to spend endless hours planting and filling facilities.

Ginnie the Gimp
Mar 18 2011, 06:32 AM
The Good - many, many thanks for the new 'stuff'', love 'em all!! You guys, devs & meds, ROCK!!
The Bad - cannot send gifts, noone shows up on friends list, cannot exchange gifts or return gifts when receiving them, no picture of gift either, cannot send new neighbour request either or send gift via neighbour page. Anyone else having these problems?
The Ugly - guess that would be me then :-)

Tony D
Mar 18 2011, 06:34 AM
The Good - many, many thanks for the new 'stuff'', love 'em all!! You guys, devs & meds, ROCK!!
The Bad - cannot send gifts, noone shows up on friends list, cannot exchange gifts or return gifts when receiving them, no picture of gift either, cannot send new neighbour request either or send gift via neighbour page. Anyone else having these problems?
The Ugly - guess that would be me then :-)Hi , are you using fire fox with an adblocker ? If so turn the adblocker off and the problem should go away.

Ginnie the Gimp
Mar 18 2011, 06:54 AM
Hi , are you using fire fox with an adblocker ? If so turn the adblocker off and the problem should go away.

It has gone!!!! Thank you so much, have battled with this for few days as my profile and wall were coming up blank for several day and when fb fixed this I thought that this was a residual problem. As I said before - You guys ROCK!!!

Tony D
Mar 18 2011, 06:58 AM
It has gone!!!! Thank you so much, have battled with this for few days as my profile and wall were coming up blank for several day and when fb fixed this I thought that this was a residual problem. As I said before - You guys ROCK!!!Glad to hear it :)

ScottLanter
Mar 18 2011, 07:59 AM
I realize the diversification thing isn't operational yet, but figured i would see how high I could get my number and before I quite finished someone came to work on my farm. I guess now I have to start all over. I am not sure this diversification thing makes sense. You can't keep your facilities full all the time, and if someone works them, the number would get smaller, right? If it is ever operational, I will delete any posts I may have to hire people, before I bother with the refilling, to make sure no one uses an old post to work my faciliites

Personally, I don't want more facilities really. I get tired of loading them. They clutter the farms. I have facilities on 3 farms, and prefer not to put any on any other farm. But, you get more points for having more facilities and more for having them totally loaded. Perhaps you won't need 4000 points to get the top rewards. I got near to 3000 before someone started working my facilities. I guess I really do need a break from this game. It all sounds like work to me now and I don't see any reward worth it. I am already top level an have 8 farms totally expanded. Anything good in the updates is for cash buyers, not for people who play alot. And actually, I don't see any more facilities as being exciting. The first ones were, but now there are so many, that they are over kill. Each facility you buy, just means you have less to put in other faciliities unless you post less often, buy from other players, or play in a way not endorsed by teh developers.

It sounds like you've got a severe case of the burnouts. When I'm on the edge of burnout, I either plant 4-day crops on my farms, or take a break from the game for a couple of weeks. That always helps me.

Grammy 11
Mar 18 2011, 08:15 AM

It strikes me as incentive to play more and more. It creates an air of competition to keep up.

snookems
Mar 18 2011, 08:44 AM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1.Animal Buildings are now always shown in the Facility Manager.

3.Summarizing Coins and XP in multitools: When using multitools, the coins and xp are now summarized for every click instead of shown for every single field.

If you want to get rid of all coins, xp and bonus box animations completely, you can now control that with the 'Show Coins and XP Animations' option in the preferences window.

4.Ordering Station w/ Trailer (FC): Enable the 'All' button when Ordering products from the Truck.

Also, with the extra trailer capacity products are delivered twice as fast, it's like duplicating the output of each Truck assuming you have enough fuel.

Note that if you have multiple Trucks, you only need to buy one Ordering Station w/ Trailer, and all your Trucks will benefit.

5.Improved Help System: When you hit any green ? (Help) button on any context you will see now a graphical help system which will allow you to quickly understand things like:

- Detailed view of what can you make in a facility, even before you buy it
- What ingredients are needed to make a product
- Which products can you make with a specific ingredient
- On which water items you can catch a specific fish

You can browse and drill down as deep as you want.

6.Alternate View of the Ice Cream Factory.

7.Soft Drink Factory (Coins): Allows you to produce Soft Drinks. You can get Carbonated Water as gifts or from the Truck. You can make Caffeine in the Coffee Grinder.

Coconut Water
Orange Soda
Lemon Soda
Ginger Ale
Cream Soda
Farmerade
Cola

8.Ice Cream Shop (FC): Allows you to produce Ice Cream treats and smoothies. You can make Whipped Cream in the Dairy Processing Plant. You can make Waffle Cone in the Bakery.

Coffee Waffle Cone
Banana Strawberry Smoothie
Berry Smoothie
Apple Pie a la Mode
Ice Cream Sandwich
Cola Float
Chocolate Mint Shake
Hot Fudge Sundae

9.Harvest Storage space increased once again.

10.Diversification Rank shown in Facility Manager: The header in the facility manager now shows a new measure of success for players using facilities:

Your Diversification Rank: ### Best: ###

Your Diversification Rank is calculated using the following method:

- For each Facility you own you get 25 points

- For each Product in a facility with pending productions you get:

- 5 points if you have 19% or less of the product capacity used
- 6 points if you have between 20 and 39% of the product capacity used
- 7 points if you have between 40 and 59% of the product capacity used
- 8 points if you have between 60 and 79% of the product capacity used
- 9 points if you have between 80 and 99% of the product capacity used
- 10 points if you have 100% of the product capacity used

The 'Best:' value always shows the best Diversification Rank you have been able to achieve at any point in the game.

In the near future you will receive benefits like ingredients or speed or better price depending on your diversification rank.

Note also that you can still use the Utilization and Done filters for an overview of those counters.

11.Two weeks ago we launched a couple of things:

- When you change filtering or sorting options, the change is remembered forever
- Fixed all filters in facility manager and added a new filter 'All Facilities in All Farms' which should speed up things considerably

New levels, Farm 9 and Service Facilities coming up in the next release. Easter items coming up in about a week.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

You putting up all this new feature, but it donīt help me, I had 8 farms, 70.000.000 coins and now I`m back on 0?? WTF!!

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 18 2011, 10:00 AM
You putting up all this new feature, but it donīt help me, I had 8 farms, 70.000.000 coins and now I`m back on 0?? WTF!!

Myspace user? Please post in the official thread if you haven't already: http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=418502

grandma kim
Mar 18 2011, 10:36 AM
What do you do with all that cheese?

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 18 2011, 10:40 AM
What do you do with all that cheese?

Cheese is used in numerous facilities :)

Snack facility, pasta restaurant, dinner restaurant, pizza restaurant, hamburger restaurant, just to name a few :)

ScottLanter
Mar 18 2011, 10:49 AM
I think you are right. This is me exactly. Too much of it is anticipation and I have felt let down after every update. And then to think there will probably be a month before the next one, and it is likely to be a let down for me as well. It is definitely time for a break. The thing is, this is the only game that I still play. I guess i won't know what to do with myself. I guess we will just see if I can live without games. I am sure this game is simply an addiction for me now. I really do not enjoy filling my facilities or working others facilities anymore. Many times I have found enjoyment in helping others go up levels or make coins, but I am afraid that that is not enough anymore either.

I think it is too late. I already feel disheartened. However, I can always come back if it turns out to be something "fun" and not just a device by the developers to get people to spend endless hours planting and filling facilities.

Yeah, if you're feeling let down every every update, then it's possible you've hit a total burn-out. That's too bad. Maybe a month or two away from the game will help revive your interest again.

dorissau
Mar 18 2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks so much for all the updates. I love the way you respond to your fans' suggestions and requests. I'm not sure why you are so resistant to the requests for a "store all" button on the gift box.
One big blooper.. the Ice Cream Shop looks like it belongs in the circus! UGLY!!

LoreneC
Mar 18 2011, 11:26 AM

My diversification rating is only 1150. Last week I rearranged a couple farms and put about 3/4 of my facilities in storage including some real coin makers. I was tired of loading them. My neighbors tell me they can work what few facilities I have out real fast now.

I don't care what my rating is, I am playing for me.

Like you, I wish there was something different to do, but when I started a thread about it, which you participated in, we really didn't come up with much else to do. For me, if I didn't enjoy decorating, the game would have run its course.

And to the devs- thanks for the update.

enough facilities
Mar 18 2011, 12:12 PM

I will agree with you, it's time for the developers to make the facilities we have now work properly, quit adding more facilities when we cannot produce enough ingredients to fill or in most cases half fill the ones we have.
there are now 70 facilities. People have asked for ages for more cheese help & more oil production. I stupidly bought 3 bee hives thinking, I'm paying cash for these they must be worth it, they are not. the production on these is ULTRA slow. I bought a fish farm & can't produce enough in a week to fill one facility the products are used in. I also bought 2 refineries & a petro chemical plant thinking with 8 oil derricks that I would be swimming in oil & fuel, WRONG again. 8 derricks can't fill one refinery daily & the most I can get in a week won't fill the petro chemical facility past 43%. I have 4 semis and again the output on these is ridiculous, now you come out with a ordering trailer that will double production but guess what, you want more money. I already spent 88 farm cash. will spend no more when I didn't get my moneys worth out of the first 4. I won't even get into the cheese debate because it has fell on deaf ears since the facilities were first introduced.
I have spent the last of my dollars on any FC items till slashkey realizes when someone buys something with real money that we should get what we are paying for.
Now before you people come out and tell me to take a break or relax, spend your money on these items like I an many others did & find out they were a waste of real money. I love this game and have played since it started. I have supported slashkey with several hundred dollars of my money. I am not threatening to quit, but I am gonna join the masses who don't pay to play.

gammymbw
Mar 18 2011, 01:00 PM
Well, I am rarely, and I mean rarely let down with the updates. There are times when new facilities come out, that I stay confused for awhile. I have to learn about them, but then that's just me. I am so excited about the new boat. Fishing was my least favorite thing to do on Farm Town. Now I look forward to my fishing every day. And I get so tickled when my rivers are done in like 2 seconds. And the small pond? 1 click and it's empty. I just laughed out loud the first time I fished it with the new boat. I think all of you Mods here in the forums, and all the dev's are just awesome. You answer our questions, and you help when help is needed. I love this game, and I really do appreciate you all. I just wanted to let you all know that.

Rob T
Mar 18 2011, 01:15 PM
Well, I am rarely, and I mean rarely let down with the updates. There are times when new facilities come out, that I stay confused for awhile. I have to learn about them, but then that's just me. I am so excited about the new boat. Fishing was my least favorite thing to do on Farm Town. Now I look forward to my fishing every day. And I get so tickled when my rivers are done in like 2 seconds. And the small pond? 1 click and it's empty. I just laughed out loud the first time I fished it with the new boat. I think all of you Mods here in the forums, and all the dev's are just awesome. You answer our questions, and you help when help is needed. I love this game, and I really do appreciate you all. I just wanted to let you all know that.

Thankyou, i appreciate it :)

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 18 2011, 01:49 PM

Aww thanks :) That's what we are here for but it is nice to hear too lol :)

StoneFace
Mar 18 2011, 02:00 PM
I will agree with you, it's time for the developers to make the facilities we have now work properly, quit adding more facilities when we cannot produce enough ingredients to fill or in most cases half fill the ones we have.
there are now 70 facilities. People have asked for ages for more cheese help & more oil production. I stupidly bought 3 bee hives thinking, I'm paying cash for these they must be worth it, they are not. the production on these is ULTRA slow. I bought a fish farm & can't produce enough in a week to fill one facility the products are used in. I also bought 2 refineries & a petro chemical plant thinking with 8 oil derricks that I would be swimming in oil & fuel, WRONG again. 8 derricks can't fill one refinery daily & the most I can get in a week won't fill the petro chemical facility past 43%. I have 4 semis and again the output on these is ridiculous, now you come out with a ordering trailer that will double production but guess what, you want more money. I already spent 88 farm cash. will spend no more when I didn't get my moneys worth out of the first 4. I won't even get into the cheese debate because it has fell on deaf ears since the facilities were first introduced.
I have spent the last of my dollars on any FC items till slashkey realizes when someone buys something with real money that we should get what we are paying for.
Now before you people come out and tell me to take a break or relax, spend your money on these items like I an many others did & find out they were a waste of real money. I love this game and have played since it started. I have supported slashkey with several hundred dollars of my money. I am not threatening to quit, but I am gonna join the masses who don't pay to play.

Simple answer..... don't..... DON"T..... think you have to buy 70 facilities.

Buy some, and if they don't appeal to you after a month.... put it in storage.

Or ask around.

But anyone who has most or all of those 70 facilities will never be happy .... cuz they will never be able to regularly fill them all.

The devs don't make a big variety to "fertilize" double complaints,

They make them to offer choices,

I make choices, and so can all.....uummm, most ..... other farmers.

gammymbw
Mar 18 2011, 02:25 PM

Or ask around.

But anyone who has most or all of those 70 facilities will never be happy .... cuz they will never be able to regularly fill them all.

I agree. I have no where near all the facilities. And I can almost fill mine up. I posted yesterday, and got so tickled at one woman that came and worked. She said that was my biggest job ever. I am rich now, rich I tell you. LOL I am happy with the ones I have, and I don't want all of them. No way can you keep up. StoneFace is right. make choices

enough facilities
Mar 18 2011, 02:39 PM

Or ask around.

I don't own all the facilities & I play the way I want, you play the way you want. I don't come on and call down other players like you do. I pay for the game I play, do you???

the part I highlighted in red is that a foreign lingo cause it makes absolutely no sense to me

spevak@mho.com
Mar 18 2011, 03:18 PM
Can't wait for Farm 9 and new levels. Thank you for making this a fun game.

enough facilities
Mar 18 2011, 03:18 PM
thank you to the Developer(who will remain unnamed) who PM me. I replied to your PM but it says i have no sent messages. I hope you got it.

KEKLAOL
Mar 18 2011, 03:22 PM
thank you for putting the "pending" and "done" spots back on the facilities manager.
Now if you could do something for us cheese deprived. I have 8 dairies and forever run out of cheese. I work my neighbors' farms constantly and send my farms out to be worked a lot, and still i run out of cheese. Same thing with oil. I have 8 oil pumps and 2 refineries, but with all the power tools and the ability to use my tools on my neighbors' farms, even 750,000 units don't go very far. Please find a way we can double output. I'll even pay fc for it if necessary.
"
i agree with you. I hve the same, 8 dairies & 8 oil pumps and never enough cheese or fuel. Also have 2 refineries.
Hopefully something will change next time.;

Baba 947
Mar 18 2011, 03:32 PM
Aside from all the usual praise, I would like to register a thought. Can the developers set some sort of standard for graphics? The Ice Cream Parlour looks washed out compared to most other facilities. I think we need another view of this facility in the future. Since we are still waiting for a new version of the Chocolate factory, I'm not expecting anything soon. However it is nice to see that the developers are still building alternate views for some of the more garish buildings.
On another note, the diversification ranking is a great idea. We need goals at level 185 and this really fills the bill. I own all the facilities, with several multiples, and its nice to see if I can get as many as possible to full capacity. This allows me to measure what I'm already doing. I've gotten up to 6381, not sure if this is good, bad or normal. I wasn't running at 100% in all my facilities. I've got to save up some flour, tomatos, sugar and onions before I make a real run at raising my number.

Grandmaw Franklin
Mar 18 2011, 03:35 PM
You all are just wonderful!!! I absolutely love this game!!! I'm ready for a level update! :-D

CynthiaSue
Mar 18 2011, 03:39 PM

Or ask around.

Maybe you are right, maybe you aren't. I guess we will wait to see what exactly teh diversification thing actually means. Sounds like you are rewarded for having LOTS of facilities, and having them maxed out. Sounds like the goal of the developers is this. I could be wrong, but that is what it sounds like. Hopefully, the rewards will actually be something one can get for having less than all the facilities and for planting what one can actually plant on what fields they have without doing what the developers do not endorse in either planting or gifts. But, than again, perhaps they really plan for us to play that way.

I don't know why I have even discussed this. I don't normally borrow trouble on something I don't really know how works. However, I guess I am planning to put the game on hold once my fields are harvested. I have already quit posting my facilities. So once they are all harvested, I may quit coming back to the forum as well. I am sure I really do need a break.

StoneFace
Mar 18 2011, 03:52 PM
I don't own all the facilities & I play the way I want, you play the way you want. I don't come on and call down other players like you do. I pay for the game I play, do you???

the part I highlighted in red is that a foreign lingo cause it makes absolutely no sense to me

If I understand your English correctly you are saying you don't understand my English. Sorry about that. Let try it a different way.

The game is what it is. It is only ours to play. And we can choose to play in an unlimited variety of ways.

The devs created all kinds of things in the game from more farms to more ways to use and profit from products. The realize that not all players will always be completely satisfied.

And they understand that some will "choose" to complain no matter what.

They do not IMHO (in my humble opinion) keep making more and more facilities with the intention of creating more complainers.

The SuperPooper, for example was offered so each could choose to double the crops, not double the complaints.

The 4x4s were offered to multiply the patches we could harvest/plow, not so that a farmer could "choose" to complain 16 times as much.

so...

the devs know that each item they offer can be chosen by the farmer... or not. The don's offer 70 facilities to increase (fertilize) more complainers.

StoneFace
Mar 18 2011, 03:55 PM

I have not called down any player. Read the posts again.

And yes, I do pay-to-play.... times 2.

I buy what I want. Others can buy what they want. It is just silly to buy everything and then complain that you can't handle everything...... and then complain when the devs don't give you another entitlement..... dang democrates:D

Tony D
Mar 18 2011, 06:30 PM
Hi All, please keep this thread to feedback on the new release. Debates , insulting posts etc... will be deleted .

al_bundy
Mar 18 2011, 07:09 PM
thats great about the trippling of the production in beehives & Fish Farm but whats the point of trippling the production of the oil refinery when it is basicly impossable to get enough crude oil to even quarter fill it with 1 pump on each Farm as it is?????

sorry to winge but wouldent it have been better to have trippled the production of the "OIL PUMP" trippling the oil refinery has made absolutley no difference to the problem everyone is having getting enough crude oil to make enouth Petrochemical barrells to make all the items needed in the petrochemical factory to feed the other facilities.??????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????

al_bundy
Mar 18 2011, 07:16 PM
i have noticed the time to produce a full facility has dropped to 7 days on the facilities that other farmers can not work im sure it used to be 15 days worth of pending productions

if this is the case it has doubled not trippled?

is this new or has it always been that way?

Tony D
Mar 18 2011, 07:18 PM
i have noticed the time to produce a full facility has dropped to 7 days on the facilities that other farmers can not work im sure it used to be 15 days worth of pending productions

if this is the case it has doubled not trippled?

is this new or has it always been that way?Hi, the facilities that others cannot work on have always been 7 days

al_bundy
Mar 18 2011, 07:20 PM
also the new help system is excellent

just wish they would fix the crude oil bottleneck

al_bundy
Mar 18 2011, 07:32 PM
in the oil refinery the petrochemical barrell production is still the same

1 barrell every 6hrs????????????

the fuel can has trippled from 4 to 12 but the thing is fuel cans were not really a problem as they can be gotten as gifts it is petrochemical barrells that are a problem as so many other facilities use the items from the petrochemical items like ethanol plastic granuals etc and petrochemical barrells cannot be obtained anywhere.

the one that is broken is still broken the one that wasnt has been fixed
will this change?

Farmer_Susan
Mar 18 2011, 07:47 PM
This is an awesome update! The new Help system is amazing and I LOVE the triple production on bees, fish and oil released today. And the Ordering Station. Great stuff! Thanks. :D

al_bundy
Mar 18 2011, 07:49 PM
This is an awesome update! The new Help system is amazing and I LOVE the triple production on bees, fish and oil released today. And the Ordering Station. Great stuff! Thanks. :D

It is only the fuel cans that have increased the petrochemical barrell is still a bottleneck.

fuel cans werent really a prob as u can get them by gifts.

CarolG1963
Mar 18 2011, 09:54 PM
Thank you for the updates! I have been playing this since close to the beginning, think level 30 may have been the highest then, one farm and no facilities, you've come a long way! Anyone remember when level 60 was the big upgrade, or the red mansion and we all thought it cost too much!

WitW
Mar 18 2011, 11:35 PM
I remember thinking the red mansion was so expensive I didn't know how I would ever afford it! lol

Becca Sue
Mar 19 2011, 12:55 AM
Thank you :)

doris88
Mar 19 2011, 02:22 AM
Thank you very much for the latest updates.... :)

I love buying new facilites everytime they come out....It may not be a cost effective measure to those who play the game 'seriously'. But there are some of us out here who love the idea that we have a choice of playing which ever facilities that takes our fancy....i don't run all of them at 100%, at times i just leave them out as i've had to make a choice due to limited materials... That to me is part and parcel of the game...

Keep up the good work devs...
Can't wait for F9 and more facilities....

Cheers to all

:)

Annette55
Mar 19 2011, 04:45 AM
Just want to say again, thank you for the many fixes you done to make the game more enjoyable and less draggy. And putting all the facilities from all the farms on one menu.. brilliant! :) The time it takes to go from farm to farm is much better spent playing the game.. making things all pretty and such. :))

I'm looking forward to farm 9, too. I think it's gonna be my island property! And well, with 5,820,000 plus xp, I'm sure I'm still gonna be at the top level, but sure do love that farm cash bonus!! I'll be putting it towards the air freshener facility... or maybe some other new cool thing. Thanks again for your hard work and great results!

Just one little thing I still wish you all would add... some kind of fullness gauge on the crop/goods storage menu. I still have NO idea what kind of storage space I do have, other than when stuff starts disappearing... and at that point, it is definitely toooo late! Please, some kind of indicator, how ever rough, would do my heart such good.. I can accumulate a LOT of stuff because I don't do facility runs every day, and have 7 of my 8 farms mostly crops.

VeronicaT
Mar 19 2011, 05:07 AM
I am loving the new features. Makes up for no new St Patrick's Day items. LOL I can't wait to see what's in store for Easter and for 9th farms to come! I'm definitely going to need that farm since I STILL run out of flowers! It'd be nice to have the production on the flower shop slowed down. But I figure in reality it doesn't take that long to make a boquet so that's why the flower shop is so fast.
I'd also love to see a feature that lets me know when I'm running low on a specific thing like corn or rice. I've made a habit of using the Sticky Note feature on Windows 7 to keep track of what I need to plant and that works pretty good but I'm always having to run to the trading marketplace to buy what I forgot to plant or just didn't have room for.

Whoopsidaisy
Mar 19 2011, 06:45 AM
Thank you very much for the latest updates.... :)

I love buying new facilites everytime they come out....It may not be a cost effective measure to those who play the game 'seriously'. But there are some of us out here who love the idea that we have a choice of playing which ever facilities that takes our fancy....i don't run all of them at 100%, at times i just leave them out as i've had to make a choice due to limited materials... That to me is part and parcel of the game...

Keep up the good work devs...
Can't wait for F9 and more facilities....

Cheers to all

I do the same thing. I have all of the facilities, most of the tools and even duplicates and triplicates of some things (like 4 trucks). I can't run all of them at 100% but I love trying to. It makes the game more interesting and adds a bit of a challenge to it for me to see just what more I can fill today that I couldn't fill yesterday. I do take a break every few days or so and just stock up on supplies. My dairies run 24/7 even when everything else is shut down and that's why I have 50,000 cheese in reserve. It's also why I have no problem with the petrochemical plant or fuel. Who needs turpentine everyday? I use mine for ethanol and make turpentine ever two weeks or so. I get more then enough fuel from my level and neighbors so I don't use crude oil for that, much, either. I buy onions, wheat, and rice as often as I can and work other players facilities when I can and in that way earn odds and ends that I don't have time or space to grow. This latest update has solved my meat supply problem, the fertilizer trucks have solved my tree & fruit problem. Personally I don't understand anyone complaining seriously about anything in this game. The Devs. have addressed each complaint and given us more then I ever expected. If I really hated the idea of not enough wheat or rice I could always crowd all my facilities onto one farm and use the empty space to grow more but, for me, it hasn't got quite that annoying yet, lol. THANK YOU DEVS! for all the great stuff and thanks to the MODS. for having the patience to keep coming back and answering all our questions :D

artisanrox
Mar 19 2011, 06:55 AM
I love a lot of things about the update (don't need any of the FC items though, I'm not that dedicated LOL) but I am cautious as to what this Diversity ranking means. I want to do something different at max level besides buy every facility (I won't) and making sure they are totally filled all the time (i can't.) Right now, I'm playing to make coinage for the expansions, and decorate, and that's good enough for me.

We'll see where this "Diversity" takes us, I hope it doesn't shut the game out for a lot of players. :\ :)

judif
Mar 19 2011, 08:13 AM
This is not a complaint, just a wish :) I like having the animals collection all in one place, but wonder if it could be a separate entity from the facility manager. I would love to be able to just go through the animals when I need to and not have to go through them each time to get to the facilities I need to work in on my farms.

Very happy with all the other new changes, and the anticipation of some to come!

Judi

Satis
Mar 19 2011, 08:42 AM
I remember thinking the red mansion was so expensive I didn't know how I would ever afford it! lol

Me too. And that I would never get to that level. I thought if I could just get my hands on that mansion I'd be happy and could quit...

ppeoney
Mar 19 2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the updates especially tripling the fuel production. With 8 farms, it was really needed.

Janet 1
Mar 19 2011, 09:08 AM
Perhaps I'm working too hard. lol. I DO run out of the things that are made in the Petrochemical plant and I've got a fuel pump on all 8 farms. It doesn't seem fair that it takes 6 hours to make 1 fuel tank, then 6 hours in the Oil Refinery, followed by another 6 hours to make Turps or whatever in the Petrochemical plant. I need all 4 things at the last stage so the oil has to be split four ways. 18 hours is a long while to wait!
However, that's my only moan. lol. Love the new releases. Thanks devs for all your hard work.
Can't wait for farm 9 as I really need more room to grow crops.

Tiger
Mar 19 2011, 09:15 AM
Perhaps I'm working too hard. lol. I DO run out of the things that are made in the Petrochemical plant and I've got a fuel pump on all 8 farms. It doesn't seem fair that it takes 6 hours to make 1 fuel tank, then 6 hours in the Oil Refinery, followed by another 6 hours to make Turps or whatever in the Petrochemical plant. I need all 4 things at the last stage so the oil has to be split four ways. 18 hours is a long while to wait!
However, that's my only moan. lol. Love the new releases. Thanks devs for all your hard work.

Just so you know, yesterday the production of fuel tanks was tripled. It used to take 1 crude oil barrel to make 4 fuel, 1 crude oil barrel now makes 12 in the same amount of time.

Sheryl R.
Mar 19 2011, 09:15 AM
This is not a complaint, just a wish :) I like having the animals collection all in one place, but wonder if it could be a separate entity from the facility manager. I would love to be able to just go through the animals when I need to and not have to go through them each time to get to the facilities I need to work in on my farms.

Very happy with all the other new changes, and the anticipation of some to come!

Judi

When your in the Facility Manager click the Done button on the A-Z tab and the animal barns that are ready will be at the top and the ones that are not will be down at the bottom so it will be easy to know which ones are ready. Hope that helps.

tigerthecat
Mar 19 2011, 09:20 AM
As much as I love the new upgrades it would be nice to get some more levels I feel that it is necessary as |I have reached the top level and now have nothing to aim for please can you tell if there are going to be more levels:rolleyes:

Tiger
Mar 19 2011, 09:23 AM
As much as I love the new upgrades it would be nice to get some more levels I feel that it is necessary as |I have reached the top level and now have nothing to aim for please can you tell if there are going to be more levels:rolleyes:

As this release said .... "New levels, Farm 9 and Service Facilities coming up in the next release. Easter items coming up in about a week." Only the developers know exactly when that will be.

Janet 1
Mar 19 2011, 09:33 AM
Just so you know, yesterday the production of fuel tanks was tripled. It used to take 1 crude oil barrel to make 4 fuel, 1 crude oil barrel now makes 12 in the same amount of time.

Sorry - I didn't know that. Many thanks for the information.
Still takes 6 hours to go through this first stage though, with no help from neighbours to get it through quicker.
I can never make fuel tanks because I always need it all for the 'petrochemicals.' I'll just have to be patient. lol.
Thanks again.

lavanah
Mar 19 2011, 09:34 AM
When did farmtown begin? I came on board July of 2009.

SunnyD
Mar 19 2011, 10:16 AM
has anyone used the payment site to make a payment using credit cards since this last update?? it does not seem be working correctly...... i am a bit worried about using it.. and sooooooo want to get the semi thingie lol lol

CarolG1963
Mar 19 2011, 10:18 AM
Me too. And that I would never get to that level. I thought if I could just get my hands on that mansion I'd be happy and could quit...

Yet here we are at a 150+ levels since the start! This is the only game that I have kept. It allows the luxury of taking a break, offers choices, graphics are a lot better. Yeah, I enjoy the game, great job!

CarolG1963
Mar 19 2011, 10:24 AM

Not sure, I remember starting around the beginning

CarolG1963
Mar 19 2011, 10:31 AM
I love a lot of things about the update (don't need any of the FC items though, I'm not that dedicated LOL) but I am cautious as to what this Diversity ranking means. I want to do something different at max level besides buy every facility (I won't) and making sure they are totally filled all the time (i can't.) Right now, I'm playing to make coinage for the expansions, and decorate, and that's good enough for me.

We'll see where this "Diversity" takes us, I hope it doesn't shut the game out for a lot of players. :\ :)

Agree, will be interesting to see how the perks work. I haven't posted my facilities and just stock up now and again. My highest rank for diversity is a lil over 7500. I am thinking this feature will help with any server overload from ppl posting all the time but it contradicts the new farm and amount of coins that will be needed to upgrade it. Hey, maybe one of the perks could be an upgrade discount for the new farm!

SunnyD
Mar 19 2011, 10:38 AM
Be thinking about a tactful way to "opt out" of receiving gifts. It isn't that I'm not grateful but I'm swamped with so many gifts I can hardly get my planting and harvesting done. Sending gifts if OK because it doesn't consume so much time

there is a way to set up friends lists in FB and you can use that to send your gifts it makes my gift sending take about 2 min and i do it 3 times a day.... if you would like to know how let me know

Molly Mew
Mar 19 2011, 10:51 AM

It started 1st February, 2009. :)

SunnyD
Mar 19 2011, 12:00 PM
i am not seeing how the "ordering station w/trailer" has helped my production in my semi's at all....... i had it on a farm and see no change...... added it to storage and see no change.... is it not working properly or am i not seeing what i am supposed to be... help please..........

Rob T
Mar 19 2011, 12:26 PM
i am not seeing how the "ordering station w/trailer" has helped my production in my semi's at all....... i had it on a farm and see no change...... added it to storage and see no change.... is it not working properly or am i not seeing what i am supposed to be... help please..........

You should see an all button next to each 30+ button, and the delivery time should now be 30 minutes instead of 1 hour. In effect, you'd receive twice the amount in 7 days

SunnyD
Mar 19 2011, 12:28 PM

ahhh ha found some info in the game guide....... not totally understanding but i am working on it lol...... guess i have to re check my semi like hourly to see if it is faster i am guessing?????

Rob T
Mar 19 2011, 12:31 PM
ahhh ha found some info in the game guide....... not totally understanding but i am working on it lol...... guess i have to re check my semi like hourly to see if it is faster i am guessing?????

yep, if you look at it after an hour, you should see double what you would have had without the station.

JAS0643
Mar 19 2011, 12:59 PM

Janet was complaining about making petrochemical barrels not fuel tanks. That has not change it is still 1 barrel every 6 hours.

Domingo Osorio
Mar 19 2011, 02:08 PM
Very thanks for the latest updates, Devs... There's only one thing I don't understand well. It's been announced several things for the next update, including "Service Facilities"... Can anyone tell me please what's a Service Facility? No clue... Thanks..!!

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 19 2011, 03:46 PM
Very thanks for the latest updates, Devs... There's only one thing I don't understand well. It's been announced several things for the next update, including "Service Facilities"... Can anyone tell me please what's a Service Facility? No clue... Thanks..!!

I'm sure that will be explained when it comes out :)

Simera
Mar 19 2011, 04:21 PM
I'm disapointed about the latest Up-date, Dev's!
I didn't find very many things interesting, and. . . . . you didn't give us 185-players ANY credit for working our small butts off!! :)
I know you're holding back on the XP's on our part, but think about it for a minute . . . . WE're the ones who spend the most "real-money" to buy FarmCash.

So why not give us the XP's we have worked for?? I'm disapointed this time. Sorry to say so.

Regards
Simera

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 19 2011, 04:28 PM
I didn't find very many things interesting, and. . . . . you didn't give us 185-players ANY credit for working our small butts off!! :)
I know you're holding back on the XP's on our part, but think about it for a minute . . . . WE're the ones who spend the most "real-money" to buy FarmCash.

So why not give us the XP's we have worked for?? I'm disapointed this time. Sorry to say so.

Regards
Simera

The devs did say the next update will have levels and farm 9 :)

skye2
Mar 19 2011, 04:31 PM
Facilities Problems
I have been having trouble for the last 3 months or so when trying to use my facilities. 9 times out of ten they will not open for me. I cannot use the facility manager either, Every time I try to use them,the avatar says either "busy" or "saving saving". I have the ingredients for most everything on the facities. This also happens when I try to do work on another farm. then after all this, it says connection with server please retry or reload.
I don't know what is going on.
I am on Face Book
WF31
Using Chrome ( but have tried all other browsers too)
I use a DSL to connect
Have no layered farms
Have most facilities on Farms 1 and3
Even when I reload to try again it does the same thing.
Is this a server problem, or something else. I clear my entire cache every day including macromedia files, have shut down browser, computer, reinstalled flash
I have done it all and still have the same problem.
Can anyone help me with an answer to this? It is very frustrating to have these facilities and hardly be able to use them. Afraid to buy more of them.
Sincerely,
Skye2

StoneFace
Mar 19 2011, 04:48 PM

Regards
Simera

If you are not getting experience points for

- many purchases of buildings, trees, facilities etc
- plowing
- harvesting
- working facilities
etc
etc
etc

then I venture to say you must be the ONLY farmer not getting the points you work your small butt off for (my butt is probably medium).

While it is true that some have enough experience points to max out even if the levels went to 250 on the next release (myself included)..... so what?

Or perhaps you are suggesting that there should be some kind of "bonus" when certain point totals are reached. Maybe so. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it to be in $FC.

The game is already over 2 years old and gives $1FC per level. If that were to change, to perhaps $2 per level, then I would expect a "bonus" of $185FC for sure.

That might be enough to buy one more facility ... :rolleyes: ... :eek:

Simera
Mar 19 2011, 04:56 PM
If you are not getting experience points for

- many purchases of buildings, trees, facilities etc
- plowing
- harvesting
- working facilities
etc
etc
etc

then I venture to say you must be the ONLY farmer not getting the points you work your small butt off for (my butt is probably medium).

While it is true that some have enough experience points to max out even if the levels went to 250 on the next release (myself included)..... so what?

Or perhaps you are suggesting that there should be some kind of "bonus" when certain point totals are reached. Maybe so. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it to be in $FC.

The game is already over 2 years old and gives $1FC per level. If that were to change, to perhaps $2 per level, then I would expect a "bonus" of $185FC for sure.

That might be enough to buy one more facility ... :rolleyes: ... :eek:

Stoneface, of course I'm getting my xp's. . . . finally!!
But we all know that the dev's are holding back because it means we'd have FC as our Xp raises.
My VISA card shows that I'm not only using it for me myself, but also for my neighbours which are in needs of things.
I dont want any special treat, only to be credited for my work. And I don't understand what you are saying here.

Regards Simera

Simera
Mar 19 2011, 05:10 PM
But we all know that the dev's are holding back because it means we'd have FC as our Xp raises.
My VISA card shows that I'm not only using it for me myself, but also for my neighbours which are in needs of things.
I dont want any special treat, only to be credited for my work. And I don't understand what you are saying here.

Regards Simera

nb: I have been playing since April 15. 2009, so I believe I know a bit about the game. I DONT want them to give us *more* xp when we work, just release what we have worked for between every up-date. Again, sorry to put a negative note in here.

Deanna J. Lloyd
Mar 19 2011, 05:25 PM
Been out of town for a week with NO internet access! GACK!!! :eek: Came home to find the Facilities Manager lets me deal with all my facilities at once -- plus the barns are now included!! :D Terrific!!! :D And Farm #9 is coming. What a terrific welcome home present, Devs!!! Thanks for all the great work you do!!!

dansd111
Mar 19 2011, 05:26 PM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

UPDATE 18th March... Production in the Oil Refinery, Bee Farm & Fish Farming Plant has been tripled

---snip---

--Raul

It appears that only the fuel, in the Oil Refinery, was tripled. Were the petrochemical barrels also supposed to be tripled? Just wondering if this was an oversight or if this was intentional.

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 19 2011, 05:46 PM
It appears that only the fuel, in the Oil Refinery, was tripled. Were the petrochemical barrels also supposed to be tripled? Just wondering if this was an oversight or if this was intentional.

It has now been corrected :)

dianedrayson
Mar 19 2011, 06:01 PM
It has now been corrected :)

My refinery is still showing petrochemicals coming in batches of 1 unit, although the help button shows I should be getting 3 barrels for every 1. I filled up a couple of hours ago (and reloaded about 15 minutes ago). Will it not fully reflect changes until next time I fill up?

Rob T
Mar 19 2011, 06:04 PM
My refinery is still showing petrochemicals coming in batches of 1 unit, although the help button shows I should be getting 3 barrels for every 1. I filled up a couple of hours ago (and reloaded about 15 minutes ago). Will it not fully reflect changes until next time I fill up?

Try reloading again, it may not have filtered through to your server when you last reloaded

dianedrayson
Mar 19 2011, 06:04 PM

Aha, not to worry! I've just reloaded and now it's showing 3 for 1. It must have all happened in that 15 minute window.

pbtally
Mar 19 2011, 06:50 PM
Thank you for the update..Love this game!

KayGee
Mar 19 2011, 07:03 PM

Regards Simera

I may be confused, but don't you get the retroactive farmcash when new levels are released? You DO get credit for your points...albeit maybe not at the moment you want it. You say we all know the devs are "holding back". This has never, ever occurred to me. And do you really think level 185 players are the main ones spending real money? If you do, I think you are mistaken. Who knows why they time the releases the way they do, but this seems off base to me. If you can't wait for your farmcash and simply must spend the money, I don't see that as their fault at all. One thing I like about FarmTown is that, by and large, the "haves", who can spend money on the game, are treated pretty much like the "have nots", who play the game strictly on time and experience and 1 farmcash at a time. There's room for everyone. Thanks for a great game, devs.

crafty chris
Mar 19 2011, 07:34 PM
just seen the updated update ... thank you so very much :) ..... and this proves that you DO listen to us :D

again .. many thanks :)

Mrs Borgies
Mar 19 2011, 07:50 PM
UPDATE 18th March... Production in the Oil Refinery, Bee Farm & Fish Farming Plant has been tripled

UPDATE 19th March... Petrochemical Barrels have also been tripled in the Oil Refinery

Keeps getting better and better! :D

johnsj11
Mar 19 2011, 08:08 PM
what the heck is Diversification supposed to represent? it makes zero sense without having a total listed -- you say in your release that you get so many points for this and that, but how in the world are we supposed to know what the absolute total is --- do you think I am going to get a calculator and add up the grand total points? you must be smoking something. either put the grand total on the display or go back to the percentage you had before

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 19 2011, 08:10 PM
what the heck is Diversification supposed to represent? it makes zero sense without having a total listed -- you say in your release that you get so many points for this and that, but how in the world are we supposed to know what the absolute total is --- do you think I am going to get a calculator and add up the grand total points? you must be smoking something. either put the grand total on the display or go back to the percentage you had before

It represents the amount of what you have going in facilties. It shows you the points that you make and then the highest you ever got. In the future there will be rewards for the points.

InePine
Mar 19 2011, 08:52 PM
You can see what your Total and Best diversification rank is on the top of the facility manager, so no you dont need a calculator.

JAS0643
Mar 19 2011, 08:55 PM
I just checked my bee farm and the beeswax used to be 25 every 6 hours now it is 50 every 6 hours. That is only double not triple. The honey did triple but the beeswax didn't.

Grumpa
Mar 19 2011, 09:47 PM

UPDATE 19th March... Petrochemical Barrels have also been tripled in the Oil Refinery

NOW if only the oil wells were updated or we could have 2 working wells on a farm.

StoneFace
Mar 19 2011, 11:02 PM

NOW if only the oil wells were updated or we could have 2 working wells on a farm.

Grumpy, I mean Grumpa, that is a very crude remark, and it needs refinement.

SirDaywalker
Mar 19 2011, 11:31 PM
It's scary how the Dev's read our minds
:eek:

They certainly aren't 'holding out' on us,
I'm quite bizzy with what they throw out there.

Well, except maybe my attire.
I don't even meet the dress code for mah own Seafood Restaurant.

:o

I just figure they're gonna wow us one day that we can wear
what we produce. A nice silk tie, for example...heehee.
((oh, and Hippy hair...don't ferget the Hippy long hair for us groovy doods~pls n ty))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

UPDATE 18th March...
Production in the Oil Refinery,
Bee Farm & Fish Farming Plant has been tripled

UPDATE 19th March...
Petrochemical Barrels have also been
tripled in the Oil Refinery

^^
^^This totally rocks ^^
:cool:

~*~ slips reply card into suggestion box ~*~

:D

More Cheese would be hella cool.

And raising the capacity for cows n stuff too.

Oh, and I was thinking how it would be nice to be able to drop
animals directly into their respective buildings...straight from the Gift box.

Gotta go plant stuff.

Thanks Raul, and the entire Slashkey Team!

Tamblyne
Mar 20 2011, 02:35 AM
I may be confused, but don't you get the retroactive farmcash when new levels are released? You DO get credit for your points...albeit maybe not at the moment you want it. You say we all know the devs are "holding back". This has never, ever occurred to me. And do you really think level 185 players are the main ones spending real money? If you do, I think you are mistaken. Who knows why they time the releases the way they do, but this seems off base to me. If you can't wait for your farmcash and simply must spend the money, I don't see that as their fault at all. One thing I like about FarmTown is that, by and large, the "haves", who can spend money on the game, are treated pretty much like the "have nots", who play the game strictly on time and experience and 1 farmcash at a time. There's room for everyone. Thanks for a great game, devs.

I was wondering if anyone else was going to question that assumption -- that 185 players are the only ones who spend real money on this game. I don't know where that would come from. Actually, I've seen plenty of evidence that people at all levels are buying FC, if their facilities are any indication. I'm not at 185 yet, and I know I've contributed plenty of "real money" to this game.

It has occurred to me lately that if the Devs were "holding back" anything, it might have been the release of the 9th farm. They continue to add farms, increase storage space -- this all requires server space, and costs real money. It would make sense that they would wait to release these things until they have the "real cash" customer base to support them. At least, I would hope this is a consideration. It would be too sad if we got a notice in six months that drastic revenue producing measures are required because they moved too quickly to expand without the money to pay for the hardware.

Since they are running a business, it would seem to me that coding, testing, and implementation might even be secondary to the financial considerations.

Monkey Nuts
Mar 20 2011, 06:31 AM
Auuugghh!! Been sitting here all day because I KNEW it was going to be today! But my server doesn't have the updates yet. Please Raul, make my server first next time because I have a serious medical disorder called impatiencius interruptius!

Thank you for the up-dates

Sig
Mar 20 2011, 07:36 AM
aaagggghhhh!!!

the oil refinery production has tripled...but my wells don't give me any more oil!!!!

no no no no no no no!!!!

this is going to totally mess up the way i play, since i always try to max out every facility at once. this means i need 3 times as many oil barrels (no, wait....SIX times as many oil barrels since both the fuel and petro are tripled....) but i don't get any more oil barrels than i did before.

AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!

please please please triple the oil output!!! otherwise i'll only be starting facilites once every 3 weeks, or else having to ignore the oil stuff altogether in order to max out... :(

Rob T
Mar 20 2011, 07:45 AM
aaagggghhhh!!!

the oil refinery production has tripled...but my wells don't give me any more oil!!!!

no no no no no no no!!!!

this is going to totally mess up the way i play, since i always try to max out every facility at once. this means i need 3 times as many oil barrels (no, wait....SIX times as many oil barrels since both the fuel and petro are tripled....) but i don't get any more oil barrels than i did before.

AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!

please please please triple the oil output!!! otherwise i'll only be starting facilites once every 3 weeks, or else having to ignore the oil stuff altogether in order to max out... :(

you don't need 3 times as many oil barrels to max out, you can max out with the same number... you'll just get 3 times the fuel & petro for what you put in, you can still only put 60 barrels in to max out

Sig
Mar 20 2011, 07:50 AM
you don't need 3 times as many oil barrels to max out, you can max out with the same number... you'll just get 3 times the fuel & petro for what you put in, you can still only put 60 barrels in to max out

wha...

oh!

i read it wrong! :o

so, they increased the batch size, not the production amounts?:confused:

*looks again at petro facility*

:D*does a happy dance*:D

YAY!!!!! Cancel my rant!!!

i'll have more coffee before i post anything again, i promise....

*slinks off to hide*

Rob T
Mar 20 2011, 07:52 AM
wha...

oh!

*slinks off to hide*

yep.... 12 fuel instead of 4.... and 3 barrels of petro instead of 1

Molly Mew
Mar 20 2011, 08:14 AM
wha...

oh!

*slinks off to hide*

LOL Sig. Enjoy your coffee. :D

Simera
Mar 20 2011, 08:23 AM

Hi.
Of course I get my XP when they release new *levels*. What I mean is that we should have release of levels on every up-date. That's all. :)

I buy FC if there should be anything I feel I'd love to have. . . and also when I give FC-giftcards to my friends. So it's NOT like I'm wanting something desperately.

I agree with you, it's the *best* game on the Internet, both for us oldies and for the young people. And repeatedly I too thank the devs for that.

Regards
Simera

Grumpa
Mar 20 2011, 09:54 AM
Grumpy, I mean Grumpa, that is a very crude remark, and it needs refinement.

You betya:eek:

need more crude remarks. oops mean need more crude oil.:o

how about 3 wells on each farm.:D

levarti2
Mar 20 2011, 10:07 AM
I bought the new boat, too...and I love it!! Again, thanks so much!

I agree - especially the 16-fish corners ... they sometimes took more time to clear than the larger bodies of water. Now it's usually 1 click and on to the next. Love all the improvements, thanks.

faloola
Mar 20 2011, 11:41 AM
there is a way to set up friends lists in FB and you can use that to send your gifts it makes my gift sending take about 2 min and i do it 3 times a day.... if you would like to know how let me know

hello I have a farm town friends list but could you let me know what you do to improve the gift sending technique please

Kath-H
Mar 20 2011, 12:10 PM
Go to 'send gifts'. Choose the tab for farmtown friends lists (last tab on the right). Look down, and you'll see 'filter friends'. Click that and the name of your list should come up. Then you'll see the people on that list only. I find I can send far more than 32 gifts if I do them in batches.

I have 2 ft lists - one for gifts, one for inviting to work facilities, as not all my ft friends do both and I don't want to pester the wrong ones.

cindy333
Mar 20 2011, 01:00 PM
oh now i know why i could do more with the honey,and suddenly have more ethanol. the last one i was through my stack of ethanol. today, (didnt use all of my petro barrels for making the ethanol) i could make more parfum. its was strange to me, because i didnt have anything left of ethanol. :D thanks a lot devs.
am i reading right? gonna whe have a kind of rewards in the near future for producing stuff? if so great. i'am curious anyway about that one :D

cindy333
Mar 20 2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks so much for all the updates. I love the way you respond to your fans' suggestions and requests. I'm not sure why you are so resistant to the requests for a "store all" button on the gift box.
One big blooper.. the Ice Cream Shop looks like it belongs in the circus! UGLY!!

thats youre opinion! i love the ice cream shop! its BEAUTIFUL for me :D
dont worry i'am not mad about youre opinion, i respect youres. but i like it anyway :p

xxannaxx
Mar 20 2011, 02:30 PM
Very well said :)

faloola
Mar 20 2011, 02:40 PM
Go to 'send gifts'. Choose the tab for farmtown friends lists (last tab on the right). Look down, and you'll see 'filter friends'. Click that and the name of your list should come up. Then you'll see the people on that list only. I find I can send far more than 32 gifts if I do them in batches.

I have 2 ft lists - one for gifts, one for inviting to work facilities, as not all my ft friends do both and I don't want to pester the wrong ones.

fantastic thank you :)

blee2371
Mar 20 2011, 03:32 PM
im runny out of cheese very quickly. I have two dairy processing facilities but im still short with cheese, could you please make it faster in processing cheese or make an ordering facility that makes facilities produce quickly, like the ordering station. please please..i get frustrated with my pizza, burger, taco and diner that doest have enough cheese :/

Deanna J. Lloyd
Mar 20 2011, 04:40 PM
I love the new help tab which shows what ingredients go into each product EXCEPT it's almost impossible to tell from the pictures what some of the ingredients are! Obviously I recognize a lot of them from working with them, and I know cotton rolls are for t-shirts and shirts and silk rolls are for wedding dresses and ties -- but now I can tell the difference between sheep wool rolls and llama wool rolls. Same with herbs. I can't really tell the different between rosemary, basil, and sage. Help, please! How about names to go with the seeds, please?!

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 20 2011, 04:41 PM
I think if you hover over the picture the name of it appears :)

al_bundy
Mar 20 2011, 08:32 PM
Thats great that the petrochemical Barrells have been trippled

now just got to get the oil pumps trippled or quad trippled so we can actually benefit from the trippling of the oil refinery as at present it doesent really make much difference being able to tripple the oil refinery as not enough crude oil barrells can be produced to fill it 1 time

maybe in the next release one of the announced new service facilities might fix that like the ordering station did with the trucks

saleen
Mar 20 2011, 09:58 PM
I love the new updates and everything is working pretty good, but one thing I would like to see is the ability to put gifts such as trees directly into storage or make it easier to get them out of the gift box, moving 100 trees out of the gift box takes forever!

KayGee
Mar 20 2011, 10:01 PM
LOL I just realized that if you click the "?" on the pigsty in the facility manager, it says....no image available. How about a contest to see who can come up with the best picture of pig poo??!! Winner gets a lifetime supply!!!

2Old2Farm
Mar 20 2011, 10:22 PM
I like the way the pig poop falls from the sky like rain when you fertilize your farm :)

etholl
Mar 20 2011, 10:24 PM
I think if they made a picture it would be a bag of fertilizer

al_bundy
Mar 20 2011, 10:25 PM
I think if they made a picture it would be a bag of fertilizer

reason for that could be that it could involve a lawsuit if a bag of fertilizer fell on a farmers head or toe :eek:

ctu1010166
Mar 20 2011, 11:20 PM

Oh, both Flour and Tomato can be gifted.
I suppose you have 6 farms (2 farms for decoration and plant other trees) for planting your crop and all of them have already expanded to max plot.
So you have 6*32*32=6144 fields you can plant on.
Using fertilizer, you have 12288 products.

With 12288 wheats, you have 6140 flours, enough for your facilities
And both of them don't get a high-score of things which require them. This high-score belong to SUGAR, with 39 products require them.

Tony D
Mar 20 2011, 11:25 PM
Hi, just like to mention that Crop layering is not recommended by the developers or moderators of this game due to the problems it has been shown to cause on some farms. Discussions about layering are not permitted on this forum...

danielralph72au
Mar 20 2011, 11:28 PM
i can make 45,000 crops from 4 farms out of 6 cos 2 farms dnt have crops
and i didnt plant on other 2

guessing now i get a message bout this link too lol

Deanna J. Lloyd
Mar 21 2011, 12:51 AM
I think if you hover over the picture the name of it appears :)

HOORAY!!! Hovering mouse solves all my problems!!! Mouse-operated Helicopter produces trailing banner to tell us confused farmers the NAME of the products required. :D

Many, many, many thanks to all of our wonderful VOLUNTEER moderators for answering all of our puzzled, confused, sometimes silly questions -- and maintaining such a sunny disposition in the process -- well, most of the time! ;)

dwisley
Mar 21 2011, 04:00 AM
I would like to see a remedy for the Cheese shortage :) Either add it to the giftable items or increase the speed of which it's made per batch. I've got the Dairy Processing Plant on all 8 farms, keep it in production...and still can't keep a sufficient amount that I'm comfortable with :( Many of my friends neighbors complain about running out of Onions and Cheese. Well I've remedied MY problem with the Onions...I plant several farms a day apart from the other...but at this time, there isn't a remedy I've came across for having Cheese :( Please, I hope you hear my voice and I'm sure there are many others with the same problem...help us somehow. ANYTHING has got to be better than what it is now. And I'm sure when farm 9 comes out...I'll have the Dairy Processing Plant on it as well.

Thank you for allowing me and others to voice our thoughts, opinions, and suggestions!! I love this game and lost many friends and neighbors when I posted I was no longer playing FV..but it was THEIR loss, not MINE!! I'm a faithful player and practically LIVE on my computer playing Farm Town..BEST GAME ON FACEBOOK!! THANK YOU Developers! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!

Sincerely,
Denise

Tony D
Mar 21 2011, 06:17 AM
I would like to see a remedy for the Cheese shortage :) Either add it to the giftable items or increase the speed of which it's made per batch. I've got the Dairy Processing Plant on all 8 farms, keep it in production...and still can't keep a sufficient amount that I'm comfortable with :( Many of my friends neighbors complain about running out of Onions and Cheese. Well I've remedied MY problem with the Onions...I plant several farms a day apart from the other...but at this time, there isn't a remedy I've came across for having Cheese :( Please, I hope you hear my voice and I'm sure there are many others with the same problem...help us somehow. ANYTHING has got to be better than what it is now. And I'm sure when farm 9 comes out...I'll have the Dairy Processing Plant on it as well.

Thank you for allowing me and others to voice our thoughts, opinions, and suggestions!! I love this game and lost many friends and neighbors when I posted I was no longer playing FV..but it was THEIR loss, not MINE!! I'm a faithful player and practically LIVE on my computer playing Farm Town..BEST GAME ON FACEBOOK!! THANK YOU Developers! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!

Sincerely,
DeniseHi Denise , your suggestions are more likely to be noticed by the Dev's if you post them in the Suggestion thread

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 21 2011, 09:05 AM
HOORAY!!! Hovering mouse solves all my problems!!! Mouse-operated Helicopter produces trailing banner to tell us confused farmers the NAME of the products required. :D

Many, many, many thanks to all of our wonderful VOLUNTEER moderators for answering all of our puzzled, confused, sometimes silly questions -- and maintaining such a sunny disposition in the process -- well, most of the time! ;)

No problem :) Glad that helped you out :D

StoneFace
Mar 21 2011, 09:12 AM
LOL I just realized that if you click the "?" on the pigsty in the facility manager, it says....no image available. How about a contest to see who can come up with the best picture of pig poo??!! Winner gets a lifetime supply!!!

Like a mushroom cloud?

or a cloths pin?

mlayil1
Mar 21 2011, 11:12 AM
how do i go about increasing my production in dairy facility?

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 21 2011, 11:23 AM
how do i go about increasing my production in dairy facility?

Increase production? There is no way to do that really. But you can have more than one dairy facility as long as they are on seperate farms. Also post for your friends so they can work the facilities and just keep refilling the dairy.

bvoyce
Mar 21 2011, 03:15 PM
Do your animal barns count for the diversification rate? If so , how do they play in? Do you just get the 25 for the facility or do they have to be full too? They hold animals that I don't get cause they don't give you anything, so do those need to be there too?

JennaSweetness
Mar 21 2011, 03:26 PM
Do your animal barns count for the diversification rate? If so , how do they play in? Do you just get the 25 for the facility or do they have to be full too? They hold animals that I don't get cause they don't give you anything, so do those need to be there too?

I don't think the animal barns count for the diversification points, however they were put in the facility manager because people were requesting it so that we do not have to go to each farm to collect our milk, wool, eggs, etc.

I believe you get the 25 points for the facility alone.

Simera
Mar 21 2011, 03:37 PM
Hi, as has been stated many times in the forum, discussions about crop layering are not allowed on this forum , please keep this thread for feedback about the new release .

Thanks

Thank you, Tony D.
I'm sorry, but I wasn't aware of that.
So please disregard my post. My wording in English came out somehow invalid, as well.

Sorry again.

Regards
Simera

yramski
Mar 21 2011, 04:19 PM
Can someone explain diversified rank in a simple way. I can't figure out what it is. Are they talk. For each facility you own you get 25 points. Is this XP points? And you get this one time, and that is it. Points for products pending (XP) when do you get these? Is this different than when you click on a product and send it to your facility you get xp points. Please someone clarify.

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 21 2011, 04:21 PM
Can someone explain diversified rank in a simple way. I can't figure out what it is. Are they talk. For each facility you own you get 25 points. Is this XP points? And you get this one time, and that is it. Points for products pending (XP) when do you get these? Is this different than when you click on a product and send it to your facility you get xp points. Please someone clarify.

You get points for facilities and points for how much you produce:

It's not xp points, it's like reward points but there isn't a reward system set up yet.

Rob T
Mar 21 2011, 04:22 PM

It's not related to XP at all... you get these points for each facility, for each product you have pending etc... once those points all add up, thats your rank... later on, the devs said there would be some kind of reward system for the number of points you can achieve

jvf67fvj
Mar 21 2011, 04:27 PM
I bought a ordering station but have not idea how to use it and I bought a semi to order product and have no idea how to get the products to use in my businesses

Double T Dude Ranch
Mar 21 2011, 04:28 PM
I bought a ordering station but have not idea how to use it and I bought a semi to order product and have no idea how to get the products to use in my businesses

You can put the ordering station in storage or with the semi. It just makes the semi have an 'all " button and reduces the time too.

You get the products by going to 'what's pending" and storing it after producing it.

KayGee
Mar 21 2011, 04:42 PM
Like a mushroom cloud?

or a cloths pin?

I love the mushroom cloud, since it "rains" from the sky!! You WIN!!! However, I am not authorized to provide you with a lifetime supply of poo. Sorry :o

waterboyintl
Mar 21 2011, 05:55 PM
Hi There,

3.Summarizing Coins and XP in multitools: When using multitools, the coins and xp are now summarized for every click instead of shown for every single field.

If you want to get rid of all coins, xp and bonus box animations completely, you can now control that with the 'Show Coins and XP Animations' option in the preferences window.

4.Ordering Station w/ Trailer (FC): Enable the 'All' button when Ordering products from the Truck.

Also, with the extra trailer capacity products are delivered twice as fast, it's like duplicating the output of each Truck assuming you have enough fuel.

Note that if you have multiple Trucks, you only need to buy one Ordering Station w/ Trailer, and all your Trucks will benefit.

5.Improved Help System: When you hit any green ? (Help) button on any context you will see now a graphical help system which will allow you to quickly understand things like:

7.Soft Drink Factory (Coins): Allows you to produce Soft Drinks. You can get Carbonated Water as gifts or from the Truck. You can make Caffeine in the Coffee Grinder.

Coconut Water
Orange Soda
Lemon Soda
Ginger Ale
Cream Soda
Farmerade
Cola

8.Ice Cream Shop (FC): Allows you to produce Ice Cream treats and smoothies. You can make Whipped Cream in the Dairy Processing Plant. You can make Waffle Cone in the Bakery.

Coffee Waffle Cone
Berry Smoothie
Apple Pie a la Mode
Ice Cream Sandwich
Cola Float
Chocolate Mint Shake
Hot Fudge Sundae

10.Diversification Rank shown in Facility Manager: The header in the facility manager now shows a new measure of success for players using facilities:

The 'Best:' value always shows the best Diversification Rank you have been able to achieve at any point in the game.

In the near future you will receive benefits like ingredients or speed or better price depending on your diversification rank.

Note also that you can still use the Utilization and Done filters for an overview of those counters.

- When you change filtering or sorting options, the change is remembered forever
- Fixed all filters in facility manager and added a new filter 'All Facilities in All Farms' which should speed up things considerably

New levels, Farm 9 and Service Facilities coming up in the next release. Easter items coming up in about a week.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
ok I really appreciate the upgrades but what happens when I cant use them ? my oil pump, fish farm still only allow 28 as my total how can I fix this ? kindest regards Henk

Rob T
Mar 21 2011, 06:00 PM
ok I really appreciate the upgrades but what happens when I cant use them ? my oil pump, fish farm still only allow 28 as my total how can I fix this ? kindest regards Henk

the number of batches hasn't changed, but the amount in those batches has tripled. so you can still make 28 batches, just they're now bigger batches

Pam Gossett
Mar 21 2011, 07:30 PM
That is terrific news about the oil pump output getting tripled. Thanks so much. That made my day.

shutterhunter
Mar 21 2011, 07:59 PM
Great updates guys, two thumbs up from this long time farmer. The increases on fuel, fish farm, and bee farm is fantastic. Could you do something in that order for wheat/flour production? So many products require wheat flour it is almost impossible to keep up production for these products. With the new diversification ranks it seems like a logical suggestion.

Chudley
Mar 21 2011, 08:23 PM
I haven't read thru all of the replies to this thread so I'm sure you've heard this at least 100 times.............I LOVE you guys for adding the animal barns to the facility mgr! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love you guys!

Jean's Farm
Mar 21 2011, 09:24 PM
Thank you so much for adding the barns to the facility manager. Harold and I swear you eavesdrop on us when we're harvesting at night cause everytime we mention we wish you would do something....you do!!!!! :D

Thanks for all the goodies......you guys are fantastic!!!!! :)

bushhog
Mar 22 2011, 03:16 AM
Hi,

In the next release, could you PLEASE enable chat in full-screen mode?! It's such a pain to have to keep changing it when you want to talk to someone!

Thanks! :)

If you hold down your ctrl button and roll your scroll wheel you can change the size of your window and still chat

waterboyintl
Mar 22 2011, 04:19 AM
Hi There,

Coconut Water
Orange Soda
Lemon Soda
Ginger Ale
Cream Soda
Farmerade
Cola

Coffee Waffle Cone
Berry Smoothie
Apple Pie a la Mode
Ice Cream Sandwich
Cola Float
Chocolate Mint Shake
Hot Fudge Sundae

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
ok my refinery has tripled production, my bee farm has tripled production but not my oil pumps ............................. any suggestions ? also once you get this fixed maybe if you could triple the cheese production I would greatly appreciate it Thanks Henk

Tony D
Mar 22 2011, 05:26 AM
ok my refinery has tripled production, my bee farm has tripled production but not my oil pumps ............................. any suggestions ? also once you get this fixed maybe if you could triple the cheese production I would greatly appreciate it Thanks HenkHi the Oil pumps were not one of the items that were changed. You are welcome to suggest a change in the Suggestion section.

CarolG1963
Mar 22 2011, 06:56 AM
Thank you so much for adding the barns to the facility manager. Harold and I swear you eavesdrop on us when we're harvesting at night cause everytime we mention we wish you would do something....you do!!!!! :D

Thanks for all the goodies......you guys are fantastic!!!!! :)

would you mention you wish we could change cloths? I smell

roarkitty
Mar 22 2011, 07:22 AM
Hi the Oil pumps were not one of the items that were changed. You are welcome to suggest a change in the Suggestion section.

The refinery still makes more from the oil you're already producing, it's all good.

susan gardner jimison
Mar 22 2011, 10:03 AM
thanks for all the neat new things, sometimes we dont't think of all the little details that go into what you do.
now if the fish have been trippled where are mine? i am still catching the same amount as before..

Tiger
Mar 22 2011, 10:07 AM
thanks for all the neat new things, sometimes we dont't think of all the little details that go into what you do.
now if the fish have been trippled where are mine? i am still catching the same amount as before..

Hello,

It's the products from the fish farming plant that has been tripled ;)

Wouter
Mar 22 2011, 10:40 AM
I will join you in this There is simply not enough oil coming to keep it all going, also the cheese is way below what a person needs

StoneFace
Mar 22 2011, 11:55 AM
I will join you in this There is simply not enough oil coming to keep it all going, also the cheese is way below what a person needs

I have "only" 7 rigs, and "only" one refinery.

Each time I re-fuel, I get about 1.5million gallons, and that lasts me for a LONG time.

I also have 5 semi-trucks and the tools that require fuel.

I do not layer. So maybe that is the real issue. That more fuel is required for layered farms.

lyndalu
Mar 22 2011, 01:14 PM
Raul, u r just somethin' else!! - many thanks for all the hard work you do to make FT fun for us . . . been farmin' for at least 2 years - wish i had thought to make a note of when i began - never thought it would last this long, but i do love it so much!! Thank you, Thank you!!! :)

al_bundy
Mar 22 2011, 05:59 PM

only the fish farm has been trip not the ponds or lakes and such there still the same.

jpeg101
Mar 22 2011, 07:23 PM
ty for all you do raul, please release the easter stuff sooner rather than later. i hardly had time to use the st. patty's day stuff... ty ty ty..

kramer2
Mar 22 2011, 10:28 PM
Hi Raul. Love all the new features and adds. I have been looking through a lot of the posts since the 15th, but have not found anything on when the next release is. I, like SO MANY other gamers am always waiting in anticipation for all the wonderful things you do. I am not trying to rush you, but I have a few accounts and a few family members that I always buy ALL of the new facilities and toys for when they are released. So, that is the reason I am inquiring. They take care of my farm when I am out of town on business and cannot get to my farms, but I would like to make sure they have the new "toys" (farms) when they are available. Just curious to see if you had a projected release date. Thank you so much for everything you do!

JAS0643
Mar 22 2011, 10:50 PM
Hi Raul. Love all the new features and adds. I have been looking through a lot of the posts since the 15th, but have not found anything on when the next release is. I, like SO MANY other gamers am always waiting in anticipation for all the wonderful things you do. I am not trying to rush you, but I have a few accounts and a few family members that I always buy ALL of the new facilities and toys for when they are released. So, that is the reason I am inquiring. They take care of my farm when I am out of town on business and cannot get to my farms, but I would like to make sure they have the new "toys" (farms) when they are available. Just curious to see if you had a projected release date. Thank you so much for everything you do!

The developers never tell when the next release will be they just say in the next release or soon. I understand your desire to know but trust me when I say they never stick to the date they give so it is best they don't give one.

Khakimom92
Mar 23 2011, 01:27 AM

When I went to the alternate view of my Ice Cream Factory it disappeared. Any idea how to get it back? Surely the alternate view is not invisible. LOL

Khakimom92
Mar 23 2011, 01:28 AM
Never mind... I guess I just needed to reload my farm.

I love the new updates! Always a joy to discover the new things. :)

countrygurl39
Mar 23 2011, 07:01 AM
i dont like it that u can rearrange ur friends list or is it that i just dont know what im doin? i lost all my neighbours for farm town but 9 and i cant get the ones that i had back on there because i cant rearrange my friends list,,if im doin something wrong please tell me what to do to arrange it so i can get all my neighbours back,,i cant hire anyone to plow,,i stoppped doin my farm in myspace and went to facebook farm cause its a hell of alot better to work with but id like to work my myspace farms too cause i have alot of money and time in it,,please help me get my neighbours back

Tiger
Mar 23 2011, 07:11 AM
i dont like it that u can rearrange ur friends list or is it that i just dont know what im doin? i lost all my neighbours for farm town but 9 and i cant get the ones that i had back on there because i cant rearrange my friends list,,if im doin something wrong please tell me what to do to arrange it so i can get all my neighbours back,,i cant hire anyone to plow,,i stoppped doin my farm in myspace and went to facebook farm cause its a hell of alot better to work with but id like to work my myspace farms too cause i have alot of money and time in it,,please help me get my neighbours back

Hello,
Here's a link with info to help you........
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392338

Try the tips in the first post on page 1. If you need help with any of it, please post there, our lovely helper Roxy will be able to guide you further if you need it.

etholl
Mar 23 2011, 08:25 AM
I dont see that the fish farms are increased either

parrot38
Mar 23 2011, 08:26 AM
I have 8 oil pumps and all facilities avaiable could someone tell me how many oil refinerys and petrochemical plants i need to keep everything running I just cannot get my head round it thankyou anyone who can help

StoneFace
Mar 23 2011, 08:35 AM
I have 8 oil pumps and all facilities avaiable could someone tell me how many oil refinerys and petrochemical plants i need to keep everything running I just cannot get my head round it thankyou anyone who can help

One refinery should be plenty if you have a few neighbors working it each week.

I have 7 rigs, one refinery, 5 semi trucks etc etc.... and I do almost all my own plow/harvest too.

I have the tools.

I use a lot of fuel.

I am STILL using up the 1.3million gallons I refueled about 5-6 weeks ago. And now, with the increased production of the fuel, I may have to sell off half, and then another half just to keep under 1.5million gallons again.

matrix1272
Mar 23 2011, 09:46 AM
Is there a limit? Do you have to keep under 1.5 mil. gals of fuel?

StoneFace
Mar 23 2011, 10:38 AM

I don't think there is any limit.

But when I first realized how much fuel I could get (and now a whole LOT more), I figured I could just refuel every month or more.....

I now just keep selling off the fuel at a good price until I get down to about 200-300,000 and then start saving it for the next refuel.

I have about 2500 tanks of fuel in reserve now and if I refueled now, I would have 750,000 + .... however I still have 350,000+ gallons at the farm.

Taz D
Mar 23 2011, 11:33 AM
I dont see that the fish farms are increased either
You used to get 8 of each item every 6 hours. Now you get 24 of each item every 6 hours.

JennaSweetness
Mar 23 2011, 11:37 AM

I have had over 3 millions fuels (it lasts forever too). So, I don't believe there is a limit.

Deanna J. Lloyd
Mar 23 2011, 11:39 AM
First of all, are the barns, oil rigs, semis, and mines counted as "facilities"?

If they aren't, I still have something like 85 facilities, including multiple dairy plants, stone windmills, watermills, breakfast, coffee and tea, jewelry, sawmills, sugar, and cinnamon facilities. I just stocked several of my facilities to 100% -- probably 15 or more, yet my diversification rank is only 2558. :confused:

That seems awfully low to me. Also, when it says "1 point for 19% or less", does that include products where I have no production?

And what constitutes a good diversification rank? And if someone has one of every facility and loads them to 100%, what would their diversification rank be? That would be close to the maximum rank, without factoring in duplicates, which nearly all of us have at Level 185.

Taz D
Mar 23 2011, 11:58 AM
First of all, are the barns, oil rigs, semis, and mines counted as "facilities"?

If they aren't, I still have something like 85 facilities, including multiple dairy plants, stone windmills, watermills, breakfast, coffee and tea, jewelry, sawmills, sugar, and cinnamon facilities. I just stocked several of my facilities to 100% -- probably 15 or more, yet my diversification rank is only 2558. :confused:

That seems awfully low to me. Also, when it says "1 point for 19% or less", does that include products where I have no production?

And what constitutes a good diversification rank? And if someone has one of every facility and loads them to 100%, what would their diversification rank be? That would be close to the maximum rank, without factoring in duplicates, which nearly all of us have at Level 185.
Deanna there is a thread in the Social section where people are posting their best rankings.
If you have 85 facilities that should be a minimum of 2125 if everything is empty of production. With 15 of them loaded to 100% that would be another 375 points to equal 2500, so you figure sounds about right.
I think there has to be some production going in other words 1-19% to get the 1 point.

Rob T
Mar 23 2011, 12:39 PM
There is a fuel limit which is 9,999,999 gallons at the same time.

Raul posted it in June 17th 2010 Release - 10. The issue with the fuel should be resolved by now, you can refuel now up to 9999999 gallons at the same time.

SunnyD
Mar 23 2011, 06:25 PM
just curious... is anyone else having connection issues since this last update???? i am surprised at how this is effecting me... i have had such good luck lately till this last update... hopefully it will simmer down in a few days..

CarolG1963
Mar 23 2011, 07:43 PM
just curious... is anyone else having connection issues since this last update???? i am surprised at how this is effecting me... i have had such good luck lately till this last update... hopefully it will simmer down in a few days..

Mine has got better but a friend is having a hard time. If she post and ppl come to help she can't stay connected to do anything until they leave.

Deanna J. Lloyd
Mar 23 2011, 10:24 PM
Deanna there is a thread in the Social section where people are posting their best rankings.
If you have 85 facilities that should be a minimum of 2125 if everything is empty of production. With 15 of them loaded to 100% that would be another 375 points to equal 2500, so you figure sounds about right.
I think there has to be some production going in other words 1-19% to get the 1 point.

Thanks, Farmslave! All these new features are way cool, but sometimes it takes time to figure them out. You just cut my time in half!! Now to see how I rank! ;)

SillySandy
Mar 23 2011, 11:25 PM
:D My Goodness, this "impatiencius interruptius" is very wide spread and I have a serious case of it ! All fun aside(never:p), thank you so much for all the new things, great work everyone! SillySandy

JennaSweetness
Mar 24 2011, 12:14 AM
I can't wait (but obviously I have to) for farm 9. I'm looking forward to the new service facilities too...sounds like fun! :) Oh yeah and of course I'm ready for new levels. I hope that update comes soon!

KayGee
Mar 24 2011, 06:53 AM
I can't wait (but obviously I have to) for farm 9. I'm looking forward to the new service facilities too...sounds like fun! :) Oh yeah and of course I'm ready for new levels. I hope that update comes soon!

Hey, maybe one of the service facilities will be a laundromat so we can wash these stinky outfits we've been wearing forever!~

dixie513
Mar 24 2011, 08:32 AM
You guys are funny. I guess they do stink we do not have a change of clothing and we ladies would like a better make up job atleast some of us. I am waiting for farm 9. How do you get 100 nieghbors.:)

SunnyD
Mar 24 2011, 09:02 AM
wondering if anyone has seen a change in the way that we can go to our other farms while our avatar is finishing up the harvesting or plowing....... before last night i could go to one of my other farms and come back and the work was done.. now i have to wait until she is done grrrrrrrrrrrr................

Rob T
Mar 24 2011, 11:06 AM
wondering if anyone has seen a change in the way that we can go to our other farms while our avatar is finishing up the harvesting or plowing....... before last night i could go to one of my other farms and come back and the work was done.. now i have to wait until she is done grrrrrrrrrrrr................

I haven't had a problem with doing that, so long as i've clicked save first and it has completely saved.

Grandma Marianne
Mar 24 2011, 03:09 PM
READY FOR EASTER!!! bEEN OVER A WEEK NOW!:confused:

Texas Belle
Mar 24 2011, 03:38 PM

Sunny have been having a bunch of problems with FT for the last 2 days, but none on jumping from one farm to the other so my avatar can finish harvesting or plowing faster... I did have a funny thing happened to me yesterday, for some reason I was on my last farm and instead of hitting the square for farm 7 I hit the empty one and lo and behold a new farm appeared... I was so excited I thought they did it and here I was harvesting and did not know a thing about it. Even named it and all, and then it disappeared and could not find it... when I went back the name appeared on my first farm, weird...
I do hope that means that tomorrow we are getting something new and heck I have already the name for farm no 9, lol
Hope all our troubles are worth a lot!!

NiMo1960
Mar 24 2011, 03:47 PM
Sunny have been having a bunch of problems with FT for the last 2 days, but none on jumping from one farm to the other so my avatar can finish harvesting or plowing faster... I did have a funny thing happened to me yesterday, for some reason I was on my last farm and instead of hitting the square for farm 7 I hit the empty one and lo and behold a new farm appeared... I was so excited I thought they did it and here I was harvesting and did not know a thing about it. Even named it and all, and then it disappeared and could not find it... when I went back the name appeared on my first farm, weird...
I do hope that means that tomorrow we are getting something new and heck I have already the name for farm no 9, lol
Hope all our troubles are worth a lot!!

Maybe that was when a number of us has farms vanish for about 15 minutes ?

Could this be a bug getting the ninth farm up and running ?

lulu836
Mar 24 2011, 03:50 PM
I was going to the Facilities Manager a couple of days ago and at the top left where you choose from all the different services I THINK I saw the shadow of an avatar with what looked like it might turn into an option. I don't know for what but maybe clothing? Just sayin'

StoneFace
Mar 24 2011, 03:54 PM
I was going to the Facilities Manager a couple of days ago and at the top left where you choose from all the different services I THINK I saw the shadow of an avatar with what looked like it might turn into an option. I don't know for what but maybe clothing? Just sayin'

Probably just Tom from the Market.... looking for something to do instead of just hanging at the market all the time, saying the same thing over, and over, and over, and over........:rolleyes:

StoneFace
Mar 24 2011, 04:40 PM
I will be gone for most of the evening.

On my return, I will be ready to buy lots of new stuff.... including #9.

SunnyD
Mar 24 2011, 05:10 PM
did i just hear the theme song from "Twilight Zone"? lol lol

Xiphias
Mar 24 2011, 08:21 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am ready and waiting for "Cloud 9 Farm" I have been letting my facilities run down, as I want to move things around, and can't move them from farm to farm with pending product in them....I hope it's soon! *runs off doing the Happy Dance* <3

jpeg101
Mar 24 2011, 09:20 PM
I'm hoping to get easter stuff before easter so i can decorate my 8 farms, "before" i purchase a farm 9?????:D pleaseeeeeeeeeee ty ty . lol

jpeg101
Mar 24 2011, 09:21 PM
is the mayor of farmtown holding us back from easter decorations or what......? lol

JennaSweetness
Mar 24 2011, 10:21 PM
is the mayor of farmtown holding us back from easter decorations or what......? lol

I think the Mayor took the Devs hostage to hold us back. Raul said that the Easter items were coming up in about a week....it's been over a week. However, hopefully the mayor will release them, so they can release the Easter items tomorrow...and I really hope farm 9, the new service facitilies, and new levels come with it (wishful thinking!).