PDA

View Full Version : Belt System Updates -- June 2nd, 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Jun 02 2011, 06:45 PM
We just adjusted the limits for the Ingredients and Belt Bonuses Help. You can now post 5 times in a 12 hours period and accumulate up to 1,000,000 in coins in that period. We expect less posts and bigger chances of getting more value this way. Belt bonuses and ingredient requests limits remains separate as they are now.

Notice that the additional bonus you may get by posting to your friends walls when you reach new belts and degrees is really not that significant as they are only a one time bonus, the most important benefit is the new increased chances you get for getting additional products every time you or an employee harvest in your farm, this is similar to benefits offered by a manure spreader but there is no Farm Cash involved, only your efforts in getting belts and Dan degrees.

Updates to the Belt System:

1. Users on levels 150 and higher will be able to specialize even more on a Black Belt product by reaching different degrees of Black Belts which are called Dans (ranks). This should give users in higher levels a bigger challange, as achieving all 6 Dan degrees on a product is about 4 or 5 times harder than reaching all the 6 Belts. Here are the benefits when reaching each Dan degree:

1st Dan Degree -> 41% chances for an box everytime you harvest
2nd Dan Degree -> 46% chances for an box everytime you harvest
3rd Dan Degree -> 52% chances for an box everytime you harvest
4th Dan Degree -> 58% chances for an box everytime you harvest
5th Dan Degree -> 65% chances for an box everytime you harvest
6th Dan Degree -> 72% chances for an box everytime you harvest

2.Tooltips info when mouse over a product icon is shown immidiately, including the chance % you are getting when reaching the next belt or dan degree. Also, this info is shown now also when the Seeder cursor is selected.

Hi There,

Here are some updates to the Belt system that we just launched:

1.Currently there are 6 belts that you can achieve, when you reach the first 4 there will be no confirmation box or a chance to ask for a bonus, only a regular non-obstructive fading message on the top of the game.

2.For the higher 2 belts (brown and black), there will be a notification message and the chance to post to the news feed to get the extra bonus, but users will have the option to close the message box without opening the facebook news feed.

3.There will be limitations similar to the one used for the request ingredients posts:

a. You can ask for the extra bonus only 3 times every 3 hours, users then decide which 3 extra bonus they will request when they get new belts.

b. You can earn up to 250000 coins by receiving or sending bonuses.

4. The limitations will be separate from the one used when you request ingredients, meaning you can post 3 times and earn up to 250000 coins requesting ingredients and also post 3 times and earn up to 250000 coins requesting bonuses on the same 3 hours. Also, you can help a friend by sending him ingredients and also help the same friend right after that by sending him a bonus, you will also get the benefits for both actions if you are below the 250000 limit.

We think these changes will make things better but we may need to do some additional tweaking later on.

--Raul

artisanrox
Jun 02 2011, 07:15 PM
We think these changes will make things better but we may need to do some additional tweaking later on.

--Raul

Better. :) Thank you for listening to your players.

enough facilities
Jun 02 2011, 07:16 PM
Raul the limits of 3 hours got to go, please make it PER DAY, You are trying to force people to play longer and you are gonna have a lot of peed off people. I haven't clicked on 1 news feed or received anything and I am at my limit. This is a Zynga tactic 2 clicks for 1 friend will stop collection for 3 hours. I like the belt idea but the 3 hours for collecting and 12 hours for buying are plain and simply dumb in my opinion.

jesdreher
Jun 02 2011, 07:20 PM
Thank you for adding ranks so that it's harder to rank up and thank you for listening. :)

onamission
Jun 02 2011, 07:26 PM
Now we're starting to cook with gas, thanks Raul! :D

The separation of low levels from high levels is especially good - something for us all to work towards.

Full marks for addressing issues so quickly - amazing! Just one of the reasons why I love my farms :)

Tinbender
Jun 02 2011, 07:38 PM
whole thing is a VERY bad idea. Going to take over the game and probably cause server overloads and slow downs.

Randall_Lind
Jun 02 2011, 07:55 PM
The seeder no longer shows belts why?

katrina719
Jun 02 2011, 07:56 PM
Only the Smart survive :)

Thank you Raul !!

Anthorn
Jun 02 2011, 08:00 PM
For the violets brown belt I didn't get a pop-up to post to my wall, only an acknowledgement that I had attained it. For the Pink Rose brown belt, I posted it to my wall but only received a 5 x pink rose regular gift to my gift box for each click.

Edit: As with the Violets Brown belt, the Pink Rose Black Belt came up with an acknowledgement but no pop-up to post it to my wall. Seriously this needs to be looked at. I am 1,855 pink rose missing so far (371 per click) as a result of only getting a 5 x pink rose for each click!

Miz Lisa
Jun 02 2011, 08:01 PM
I really appreciate the listening and tweaking you've done over a very short period of time. Thank you.

Happy pants
Jun 02 2011, 08:11 PM
Now I know why I love this game.... Thank you Raul and development team for listening, reacting and improving the belt system.... and thank you for giving us higher level players something to work for! Much appreciated.

pangea009
Jun 02 2011, 08:27 PM
First thanks for the great update to the update.

Second, I'd like to add to the comment someone made earlier about pop-ups. Do not take the awesome game and ruin it with tons and tons of pop-ups. The main reason I quite playing that other farm game that can not be spoken was the constant pop-ups.. this lonely cow wandered onto your farm, or ugly this, or you found fuel you want to share with friends that....Frankly, I spent most of my time publishing posts on my profile. Which, annoyed a lot of my non-farming friends. It makes it hard for people to read your "real"posts if you have page after page after page of **** posted.

So, Kudos for "fixing" the update so quicky. I think it's a good compromise.. Just be mindful of the above in future.

MarlaKay
Jun 02 2011, 08:46 PM
OK, I know I'm slow sometimes, but I just don't get the belts. I have the manure spreader, so I already get 2 for 1 for each crop. What would the purpose of another single box of a crop be for? And is there anything that shows what belts we have? I didn't pay attention to all the pop-ups since they were coming so fast.....

DebLeah
Jun 02 2011, 09:10 PM
I like the Dan system you are looking at using. Depending at what you follow- Maybe you could use Japanese which has 10 levels Chinese has 9, Korean has 9. Perhaps you could you use these as a basis for animal, fish, facility. Something to thing about anyway. Thanks for all your hard work.

al_bundy
Jun 02 2011, 09:13 PM
Excellent Thankyou raul (-:

LoreneC
Jun 02 2011, 09:33 PM
Thank you for the fast response!

farmboy2376
Jun 02 2011, 09:33 PM
Get rid of the limits............

earlgray
Jun 02 2011, 09:40 PM
Thank you for the adjustments. I opened my game page this morning and had about 3 dozen belt notices from just one neighbor. I'm so glad you listen to us players!

WitW
Jun 02 2011, 09:46 PM
I am very impressed with how quickly this has all been modified. Thanks.

Momma Woods
Jun 02 2011, 09:50 PM
Why does it always say 'Go To My Farm' & if I don't I do not get my coins, products, etc.

JAS0643
Jun 02 2011, 10:10 PM
Why does it always say 'Go To My Farm' & if I don't I do not get my coins, products, etc.

When you click to send someone products, or to get a bonus from the belts you do not have to load your farm to get your share of the stuff. You can close that tab and the items will still be put into your storage. When I log into fb I go back to the last post I read then go through all the new ones. As I go through them I open up send __________ products or get bonus form the belts in another tab. When I have gone through all the post I look at the tabs to see what I got then close the tab without going to my farm.

3 C Acres
Jun 02 2011, 10:12 PM
I am so pleased that the belt system is taken care of---now if Ft would only take care of the problem of receiving and sending gifts--I have been contacting them since May 12th-- I am not the only person who has waited for the "devs" to correct this problem. We have had new facilities, new gifts and now a belt system added, but a 3 week old problem has not been taken care of, apparently it is not important!

Sandie Angel
Jun 02 2011, 10:13 PM
Hello:

How can I get those belts that you are talking about? I can't get any of them!! When I tried to plant some crops, I clicked on the seed's picture, but nothing is happening, it doesn't show me what belt I'm having when I clicked on the seed's picture. Am I doing something wrong? None of my seeds are showing any belts at all.

Sandie Angel :confused:

Miz Lisa
Jun 02 2011, 10:19 PM
Hello:

How can I get those belts that you are talking about? I can't get any of them!! When I tried to plant some crops, I clicked on the seed's picture, but nothing is happening, it doesn't show me what belt I'm having when I clicked on the seed's picture. Am I doing something wrong? None of my seeds are showing any belts at all.

Sandie Angel :confused:

You get the belts from harvesting and when you open the seed window (or tree or flower page at the store) the belt will automatically show. As you harvest you'll see color changes when you open the store.

Sandie Angel
Jun 02 2011, 10:23 PM
Oh I see!! Thank you so much!! I thought I was getting them when I plant the crops. LOL!! :)

Randall_Lind
Jun 02 2011, 10:26 PM
Now we need a Ninja outfit

Miz Lisa
Jun 02 2011, 10:35 PM
Okay, we hover over the picture and we can see how many harvests until the next level. Aha! lol

Badlands Farmer
Jun 02 2011, 10:53 PM
Raul, I LOVE YOU MAN! You are soooo attentive to our needs. That's what sets this game far above any other. I know this whole thing isn't perfect yet, but we know that you listen to us and are willing to take our feedback constructively.

HelenJS22
Jun 02 2011, 10:59 PM
EXCELLENT - MANY THANK YOU'S RAUL. Thank you too for rescuing our Facebook pages so quickly yesterday.

Taz D
Jun 02 2011, 11:28 PM
Raul, thanks for "fixing" this as it was a bit much. There is still one problem with this. Items that are gifts only (trees and flowers) are not in the stores so we cannot see what belt we are on or how many to next level. Could those items be put in the store with a note "gift only" inplace of the Buy button? Or move the Belt information somewhere else so we can see all of them?

Caren Katsmom
Jun 02 2011, 11:29 PM
Hi There,

1.Currently there are 6 belts that you can achieve, when you reach the first 3 there will be no confirmation box or a chance to ask for a bonus, only a regular non-obstructive fading message on the top of the game.

2.For the higher 3 belts, there will be a notification message and the chance to post to the news feed to get the extra bonus, but users will have the option to close the message box without opening the facebook news feed.

3.There will be limitations similar to the one used for the request ingredients posts:

a. You can ask for the extra bonus only 3 times every 3 hours, users then decide which 3 extra bonus they will request when they get new belts.

4. The limitations will be separate from the one used when you request ingredients, meaning you can post 3 times and earn up to 250000 coins requesting ingredients and also post 3 times and earn up to 250000 coins requesting bonuses on the same 3 hours. Also, you can help a friend by sending him ingredients and also help the same friend right after that by sending him a bonus, you will also get the benefits for both actions if you are below the 250000 limit.

5. This one should be released tomorrow. Users on levels < 150 have 1-2 farms as an average, users on levels > 150 have 8-9 farms as an average, that’s why is difficult to come up with a grade of difficulty for the belts that make everyone happy. So this is what we are going to launch tomorrow:

a. Users on levels < 150 will be getting belts with the same level of difficulty that we have now.

b. For users on levels > 150 and that have already black belts, they would be able to specialize even further by reaching Dan degrees, there will be 6 different Dan degrees that will be much more difficult to achieve for each product. (see) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_(rank) if you are curious about the Dan system). If you have any suggestions for the amount of harvest required for those harder Dan 6 degrees please mention them here.

--Raul

Raul, you are breaking my heart. I truly loved this game. You have been a genius, up to now (in my opinion). The belts are a disaster. Your explanation above is clear as mud. I get a headache trying to read it, much less trying to understand it. Shall we all start taking notes?

I've been playing Farm Town for two years now. I left the game for several months when it became boring... started playing Farmville, which was exciting at that time (to me). Zynga made the same mistake you are making right now. They decided to change the whole character of the Farmville game. They started making us post constantly... beg endlessly... build and build and build... makes me shake all over just remembering how frustrated I became with the game. The glitches multiplied with every new bell-and-whistle they added. I quit playing Farmville. Eventually, I quit playing every Zynga game and only send gifts if I can avoid opening the game.

I came back to Farm Town, and I was enchanted. You took a tired game and brought it to life. It was exciting again... and kept getting better and better with each new update. Raul, you achieved something that no other game on Facebook had ever done. You got me to spend real money on your game. I never gave Zynga one cent, in spite of playing many of their games for long periods of time. You got my money because Farm Town was different; special. At last, I could come home from a long day at work and just relax and have fun playing a game.

I trusted you, and I trusted Slashkey. I invested quite a lot of real money into Farm Town. I've recruited friends to play the game, and/or to return to playing the game. I can only speak for myself, but based upon many comments I've been reading today from other loyal Farm Town players... many long-time players who have invested in this game are feeling betrayed right now. I definitely am. The Belts feature is much more than just a new thing in the game. It represents a major change in policy... a change in the whole character of the game. You are taking away the game we love, and turning it into a Zynga game clone. You are introducing LIMITS. I hate limits. You are introducing pressure to post and spam the news feed. I hate spam posting and begging. People who leave Zynga games and feel at home in Farm Town are not going to stick around if you change this game to a Zynga clone.

I have a long list already of glitches in the modified Belts feature. I'm posting them on my wall. I feel my blood pressure rising, like it used to when I played Zynga games. I work hard all day, Raul. I won't play games that stress me, or put Stop signs in front of me... make me watch a clock... pressure me to choose which friends to help... frustrate me with glitches every day. I want to control my own game. I will not play a game that insists on controlling what I do, when I do it, or makes me beg others to be able to do it.

Limits are bad enough in a game, but... three hour limits? Raul, wake up. People work. They have jobs, and families to take care of. It's nice that you want to give an advantage to the unemployed or disabled, or whomever else is able to stay home all day and night and play games whenever they want to; but it's a very bad policy. :(

It will break my heart to walk away from Farm Town, and find another game that makes me (once again) feel relaxed and comfortable; but I will do it. I've done it before. I beg you to reconsider the direction you're taking this game, before it's too late. Get rid of the Belts -- and limits -- and anything else that is not what Farm Town is about.

Thank you for letting me express my thoughts and opinions. If I didn't care so much about Farm Town, believe me... I wouldn't waste my time doing this.

JAS0643
Jun 02 2011, 11:31 PM
Here is my suggestion on how the don belts should work.

The numbers at the top are the belt levels since there are 6 levels past the black belt. I have it broken down into crops by harvest time, trees by harvest time, and flowers. The number under the belt level is the number of harvest needed to reach that belt.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/jas0643/donbelts.jpg

My formulas are:

Crops there are 8 different harvest times for crops. The equation I used is this:

(Belt level + 8) * 1024 for 2 hour crops
(Belt level + 7) * 1024 for 4 hour crops
(Belt level + 6) * 1024 for 8 hour crops
(Belt level + 5) * 1024 for 12 hour crops
(Belt level + 4) * 1024 for 20 hour crops
(Belt level + 3) * 1024 for 40 hour crops
(Belt level + 2) * 1024 for 60 hour crops
(Belt level + 1) * 1024 for 80 hour crops

Trees was done this way:

(Belt level + 1) * 384 for 12 hour trees
(Belt level + 2) * 384 for 40 hour trees
(Belt level + 3) * 384 for 60 hour trees
(Belt level + 4) * 384 for 80 hour trees
(Belt level + 5) * 384 for 100 hour trees

Flowers was done this way:

(Belt level + 4) * 200

I think this will make it hard enough that we have to work for the belts and not just rush through them. At the same time it will not be so hard that you take forever to finish a belt.

KarenJT
Jun 02 2011, 11:34 PM
Still trying to process all the info. Thanks for everything, though. The game is awesome! :)

JAS0643
Jun 02 2011, 11:36 PM
Would it be possible to get the amount needed to reach a belt put in the game guide. It would be interesting to see what the numbers are for each crop and level.

KarenJT
Jun 02 2011, 11:41 PM
Raul, you are breaking my heart. I truly loved this game. You have been a genius, up to now (in my opinion). The belts are a disaster. Your explanation above is clear as mud. I get a headache trying to read it, much less trying to understand it. Shall we all start taking notes?

I've been playing Farm Town for two years now. I left the game for several months when it became boring... started playing Farmville, which was exciting at that time (to me). Zynga made the same mistake you are making right now. They decided to change the whole character of the Farmville game. They started making us post constantly... beg endlessly... build and build and build... makes me shake all over just remembering how frustrated I became with the game. The glitches multiplied with every new bell-and-whistle they added. I quit playing Farmville. Eventually, I quit playing every Zynga game and only send gifts if I can avoid opening the game.

I came back to Farm Town, and I was enchanted. You took a tired game and brought it to life. It was exciting again... and kept getting better and better with each new update. Raul, you achieved something that no other game on Facebook had ever done. You got me to spend real money on your game. I never gave Zynga one cent, in spite of playing many of their games for long periods of time. You got my money because Farm Town was different; special. At last, I could come home from a long day at work and just relax and have fun playing a game.

I trusted you, and I trusted Slashkey. I invested quite a lot of real money into Farm Town. I've recruited friends to play the game, and/or to return to playing the game. I can only speak for myself, but based upon many comments I've been reading today from other loyal Farm Town players... many long-time players who have invested in this game are feeling betrayed right now. I definitely am. The Belts feature is much more than just a new thing in the game. It represents a major change in policy... a change in the whole character of the game. You are taking away the game we love, and turning it into a Zynga game clone. You are introducing LIMITS. I hate limits. You are introducing pressure to post and spam the news feed. I hate spam posting and begging. People who leave Zynga games and feel at home in Farm Town are not going to stick around if you change this game to a Zynga clone.

I have a long list already of glitches in the modified Belts feature. I'm posting them on my wall. I feel my blood pressure rising, like it used to when I played Zynga games. I work hard all day, Raul. I won't play games that stress me, or put Stop signs in front of me... make me watch a clock... pressure me to choose which friends to help... frustrate me with glitches every day. I want to control my own game. I will not play a game that insists on controlling what I do, when I do it, or makes me beg others to be able to do it.

Limits are bad enough in a game, but... three hour limits? Raul, wake up. People work. They have jobs, and families to take care of. It's nice that you want to give an advantage to the unemployed or disabled, or whomever else is able to stay home all day and night and play games whenever they want to; but it's a very bad policy. :(

It will break my heart to walk away from Farm Town, and find another game that makes me (once again) feel relaxed and comfortable; but I will do it. I've done it before. I beg you to reconsider the direction you're taking this game, before it's too late. Get rid of the Belts -- and limits -- and anything else that is not what Farm Town is about.

Thank you for letting me express my thoughts and opinions. If I didn't care so much about Farm Town, believe me... I wouldn't waste my time doing this.

You expressed my feelings exactly. Thank you.:)

KayGee
Jun 03 2011, 12:27 AM
Here is my suggestion on how the don belts should work.

The numbers at the top are the belt levels since there are 6 levels past the black belt. I have it broken down into crops by harvest time, trees by harvest time, and flowers. The number under the belt level is the number of harvest needed to reach that belt.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/jas0643/donbelts.jpg

My formulas are:

Crops there are 8 different harvest times for crops. The equation I used is this:

(Belt level + 8) * 1024 for 2 hour crops
(Belt level + 7) * 1024 for 4 hour crops
(Belt level + 6) * 1024 for 8 hour crops
(Belt level + 5) * 1024 for 12 hour crops
(Belt level + 4) * 1024 for 20 hour crops
(Belt level + 3) * 1024 for 40 hour crops
(Belt level + 2) * 1024 for 60 hour crops
(Belt level + 1) * 1024 for 80 hour crops

Trees was done this way:

(Belt level + 1) * 384 for 12 hour trees
(Belt level + 2) * 384 for 40 hour trees
(Belt level + 3) * 384 for 60 hour trees
(Belt level + 4) * 384 for 80 hour trees
(Belt level + 5) * 384 for 100 hour trees

Flowers was done this way:

(Belt level + 4) * 200

I think this will make it hard enough that we have to work for the belts and not just rush through them. At the same time it will not be so hard that you take forever to finish a belt.

Lord save us, Jas, you have WAY too much time on your hands....spend some if it convincing Raul to stop messing around with this game, please...

jthomasadc
Jun 03 2011, 12:44 AM
I like the challenges but if the game slows down, lags, freezes like Farmville does I'm out. I agree it should be daily bonus's, not every 3 hours....I do have a life!

JAS0643
Jun 03 2011, 12:55 AM
Lord save us, Jas, you have WAY too much time on your hands....spend some if it convincing Raul to stop messing around with this game, please...

That really didn't take me that long to come up with and if I really had Raul's ear you all would probably want to kill me. I like the idea of the belts, not the way it was done last night or the way they want to do the belts below the black level though. While I don't want to make it very hard for new players to get a new belt I think that only have to plant 1.5 24x24 full farms with no spaces to get the black belt is a little too easy. It should be a littler harder then that to reach the black belt. If it was harder people wouldn't be racing through the belts which means fewer belt pop ups and posts we have to deal with. I would like to see other things like the belts added to the game. Give us goals to work for but do it in a much better way then that other game company does it. While we would need some help from our neighbors it wouldn't be so much that we had to spam them with request or spam our news feeds for help with the goal. It could also be added to the tool box like the facility manger. The goals are there for people to work on if they choose but if they don't they would not be prevented form leveling up or have stuff locked on them. It would just be an options for those of us that want something different and new to do but the ones that don't want to do them can ignore the goals and never have to see them or get bugged to do them. This would also be a way to give an update every week because each week there would be a new goal or mission to reach and you could do them at your own pace. This would give people something new to do in between updates that have new levels, land, and facilities. It would also be a way to get the social part of the game back into the game. So many people have stopped hiring because they don't need the extra coins for the corps and it is quicker to do it themselves.

al_bundy
Jun 03 2011, 01:04 AM
it is still not seperating the belts from the ingredient requests

i just posted for tuna sandwhich ingredients and then went to send my neighbours ingredients

i responded to a whole heap of belt posts and whithin not many clicks it says i didnt get any as i had already reached the limit

i then tried to send my neighbour some ingredients which she got but it said that i didnt get any as i had reached my limit yet it has been 3 hours since my last lot and i only recieved 1 set of ingredients from my post.

AAAAAARRRRRRR Please fix this

nettie1212
Jun 03 2011, 01:11 AM
Hi, can you inform me why my belts are not posting. I see my friends have 6 of each they have mastered.. I have yet to post one. So I am losing out in a way. Also I have clicked on raspberry black belt and that was all I clicked on today and I reached my 250,000 limit.. I did not receive 250,000 in the product
Thanks

HelenJS22
Jun 03 2011, 01:17 AM
That really didn't take me that long to come up with and if I really had Raul's ear you all would probably want to kill me. I like the idea of the belts, not the way it was done last night or the way they want to do the belts below the black level though. While I don't want to make it very hard for new players to get a new belt I think that only have to plant 1.5 24x24 full farms with no spaces to get the black belt is a little too easy. It should be a littler harder then that to reach the black belt. If it was harder people wouldn't be racing through the belts which means fewer belt pop ups and posts we have to deal with. I would like to see other things like the belts added to the game. Give us goals to work for but do it in a much better way then that other game company does it. While we would need some help from our neighbors it wouldn't be so much that we had to spam them with request or spam our news feeds for help with the goal. It could also be added to the tool box like the facility manger. The goals are there for people to work on if they choose but if they don't they would not be prevented form leveling up or have stuff locked on them. It would just be an options for those of us that want something different and new to do but the ones that don't want to do them can ignore the goals and never have to see them or get bugged to do them. This would also be a way to give an update every week because each week there would be a new goal or mission to reach and you could do them at your own pace. This would give people something new to do in between updates that have new levels, land, and facilities. It would also be a way to get the social part of the game back into the game. So many people have stopped hiring because they don't need the extra coins for the corps and it is quicker to do it themselves.

Hey Jaz, apart from having way too much time on your hands, that's a good system if it can be done.

I don't let my husband anywhere near my farm town game because he'd have 100 spread sheets, and 50 formulas all worked out to within an inch of their lives. :eek:

Taz D
Jun 03 2011, 01:23 AM
it is still not seperating the belts from the ingredient requests

i just posted for tuna sandwhich ingredients and then went to send my neighbours ingredients

i responded to a whole heap of belt posts and whithin not many clicks it says i didnt get any as i had already reached the limit

i then tried to send my neighbour some ingredients which she got but it said that i didnt get any as i had reached my limit yet it has been 3 hours since my last lot and i only recieved 1 set of ingredients from my post.

AAAAAARRRRRRR Please fix this
AL it is fixed. I did 1 request, then 3 or 4 bonuses, then another request. When I got to the limit for the bonuses I went back and did another request and got it.

al_bundy
Jun 03 2011, 01:32 AM
AL it is fixed. I did 1 request, then 3 or 4 bonuses, then another request. When I got to the limit for the bonuses I went back and did another request and got it.

must be intermittent as its not working for me im sure 480 tuna sandwhich ingredients is not 250,000 coins worth of ingredients

just tried it

still not getting my % or recieving any ingredients

zippity
Jun 03 2011, 01:47 AM
Well it looks as if I am going to be blocking this game and moving on. I hate the belt system and all that it brings. You are turning a great game into a crappy Zynga ripoff, that I will have no part in. I have been playing this game almost since it was released and have invested a lot of time and money into this game, but so long now. Guess it is time to go back into the real world . My house will be a lot cleaner now lol. The game was by far the greatest game until you introduced the belt system and then it went due south from there. I see where the game is headed and it just does not interest me one bit to go down that road. So long fellow farmers

JAS0643
Jun 03 2011, 01:49 AM
Hey Jaz, apart from having way too much time on your hands, that's a good system if it can be done.

I don't let my husband anywhere near my farm town game because he'd have 100 spread sheets, and 50 formulas all worked out to within an inch of their lives. :eek:

Well I like math so it is fun for me I like playing with numbers. I have been in a farm town spreed sheet mood this week. I have been working on getting my farm town data sheet updated. I haven't published anything new yet but I am working on it and should have everything updated early next week.

Valdoe
Jun 03 2011, 02:02 AM
I live in Australia (5pm) and we going into our peak period for people to tend to their farms - America is about to go to sleep (Thank God) England and Europe is just waking up so they will start catching up with their farming.

In the last hour -
I have received from Farmtown 82 Notifications on MY WALL

23 Brown belt notifications flowers and harvest ( they also so said this is going to happen for trees and fish which will increase belt notifications per hour)
8 notifications to work in people facilities
8 notifications to refer clients
43 notifications to send ingredients
Most of the notifications came from my friends in the US and there going to bed.. I hate to look back on my wall and see how many notifications I got when it was US peak period of farming.

How many notifications will I get flooded by when my Australian friends come online from work to catch up with their farms ( this is the start of our peak period) and at the same time my English and Euro friends start farming too.

Farmtown is a great game because of all the challenges you give us. You give us a choice how to play the game and what we want to do with our farms, BUT IT GIVES YOU NO RIGHT TO FLOOD MY WALL with FARMTOWN NOTICES.

You say I don't have to notify my friends of things by hitting skip... and I DO.. but what about others that don't?

On my facebook I have a section called "Games Request" area where I can see the requests of gifts and other Farmtown and other games notification which I use all the time.

PLEASE PLEASE Continue notifying us in the "games request area" but kill the notifications that go to our wall.
.......... DO NOT MAKE ME CHOOSE - I don't want to block my friends or Farmtown

Spamming people walls does not encourage new people to play the your game
Good word of mouth will get new blood to play FARMTOWN.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I spend good hard cash to play this game.. and now you destroying Farmtown and making it into another Farmville.

If you aim is to kill this game then tell us so we stop wasting our money.

Aero 1
Jun 03 2011, 02:42 AM

I feel exactly the same way couldn't have put it better myself :(

Why couldn't the belt system have been a personal goal for each player so that when you reached each a black belt you had 1 farm cash, no pop ups, no notifications just something for us long time players to aim for, players who have played since the beginning and are looking for new goals. I have spent loads of real money on this game and it would be real nice to get a bit back. :)

maggiel29
Jun 03 2011, 03:06 AM
Raul - thank-you for responding so quickly. I was missing the pop-up notifications of when I had achieved a belt and seeing the little disappearing text was nice. It is never easy to please everyone, you are trying to keep this game interesting and evolving - that is much appreciated. I for one like this little extra incentive and would not want to see it go.
For those of you with flooded news feeds - go to your home page, click on "Most Recent" at the top right. Then click on the little drop down arrow and select "Status Updates" or whatever you want to see. Bingo - no more posts from games. You can then go to the games page and see all the posts for belts/ingredients.
I dont know that it is possible for a FB game to stop posts to news feeds and keep them on the game page.
For those of you comparing this to the dreaded Z games - - they do NOT give the same rapid response to problems. They have multiple new things all going on at once (most of which are juvenile) and worst of all of them hooking up with commercial entities to promote their product.

Valdoe
Jun 03 2011, 03:49 AM
Raul - thank-you for responding so quickly. I was missing the pop-up notifications of when I had achieved a belt and seeing the little disappearing text was nice. It is never easy to please everyone, you are trying to keep this game interesting and evolving - that is much appreciated. I for one like this little extra incentive and would not want to see it go.
For those of you with flooded news feeds - go to your home page, click on "Most Recent" at the top right. Then click on the little drop down arrow and select "Status Updates" or whatever you want to see. Bingo - no more posts from games. You can then go to the games page and see all the posts for belts/ingredients.
I dont know that it is possible for a FB game to stop posts to news feeds and keep them on the game page.
For those of you comparing this to the dreaded Z games - - they do NOT give the same rapid response to problems. They have multiple new things all going on at once (most of which are juvenile) and worst of all of them hooking up with commercial entities to promote their product.
Unfortunately all though a great way to rid notifications but you have to do this each time you log on... what a pain.. I made a farmtown group for approx 50 my close friends and family only which over 30 of them are active players and the ones I want to follow. Selecting Update status will show ALL the posts that I've be friended (150 on the list) making it worse because now I am seeing 100 more people unwanted posts

JAS0643
Jun 03 2011, 04:25 AM
Unfortunately all though a great way to rid notifications but you have to do this each time you log on... what a pain.. I made a farmtown group for approx 50 my close friends and family only which over 30 of them are active players and the ones I want to follow. Selecting Update status will show ALL the posts that I've be friended (150 on the list) making it worse because now I am seeing 100 more people unwanted posts

You can hide those people from your news feeds. You can also bookmark the status only updates and go that that every time you go to the bookmark you have saved.

auntyPix
Jun 03 2011, 04:49 AM
whole thing is a VERY bad idea. Going to take over the game and probably cause server overloads and slow downs.
i totally agree.

al_bundy
Jun 03 2011, 06:14 AM
I personally don't like the belt idea if they want the belt as a standard feature then they need to abolish the ingredients requests and make it that we can buy ingredients like crude oil/Petrochemical barrells etc from other players directly like we can crops flowers fish flowers etc & remove the 1000 limit

or make it that no limit applies when buying direct from neighbours

I used to recieve approx 12 ingredient packs from each post every 3 hours since the belts has been released im lucky to recieve 2 ingredient packs.

This is supposed to be a farming game not a fighting sport.

I personally vote to have the belt system abolished

HelenJS22
Jun 03 2011, 06:26 AM
Agreed, I've today found that my ingredient packs received have been virtually wiped out and I haven't been allowing the publishing of my Belt stuff :(

bob07
Jun 03 2011, 06:35 AM
I tend to agree with most of the posts, the annoying thing about the latest changes is all the new requests. We now get facility requests, ingredients requests, belt requests plus all the other ones like when neighbors buy something and post. This morning I had 6 requests just from 1 neighbor. I keep FB up all day and most of the news feed is FT stuff. Please allow a switch to turn off specific requests if you can.
Thanks

Nazza
Jun 03 2011, 06:35 AM
1. I like the belt system and the dan system but do wish they wouldn't publish to our walls. Is there any chance it could publish to our farmtown page underneath - where currently it shows us which friends have helped us???
2. If it does continue having to go to our wall - could we please change the 3 hour limit to an 8 or 12 hour limit?
3. Could we please make the dans hard. With the fertiliser I harvest up to 17,000 of one crop at a time. I would like to see the dans something like; Dan 1 - 25,000 of a crop, Dan 2 - 60,000 of a crop, Dan 3 - 150,000 of a crop, Dan 4 - 300,000, Dan 5 - 500,000 and Dan 6 a million. Some people might think that is crazy but for us who have been playing for years and always top level - we would love a really hard challenge. The colour belts are great for the new players, nice and easy so it would be awesome for the dans to be tough. And maybe as a reward for anyone who reaches the top dan there could be a crop which only they could plant.
4. Maybe farms 10, 11 and 12 could only be purchased once you have a certain number of black belts.

Thank you for listening.

al_bundy
Jun 03 2011, 06:53 AM
1. I like the belt system and the dan system but do wish they wouldn't publish to our walls. Is there any chance it could publish to our farmtown page underneath - where currently it shows us which friends have helped us???
2. If it does continue having to go to our wall - could we please change the 3 hour limit to an 8 or 12 hour limit?
3. Could we please make the dans hard. With the fertiliser I harvest up to 17,000 of one crop at a time. I would like to see the dans something like; Dan 1 - 25,000 of a crop, Dan 2 - 60,000 of a crop, Dan 3 - 150,000 of a crop, Dan 4 - 300,000, Dan 5 - 500,000 and Dan 6 a million. Some people might think that is crazy but for us who have been playing for years and always top level - we would love a really hard challenge. The colour belts are great for the new players, nice and easy so it would be awesome for the dans to be tough. And maybe as a reward for anyone who reaches the top dan there could be a crop which only they could plant.
4. Maybe farms 10, 11 and 12 could only be purchased once you have a certain number of black belts.

Thank you for listening.

Howdy There Neighbour :)

maggiel29
Jun 03 2011, 06:57 AM

Why couldn't the belt system have been a personal goal for each player so that when you reached each a black belt you had 1 farm cash, no pop ups, no notifications just something for us long time players to aim for, players who have played since the beginning and are looking for new goals. I have spent loads of real money on this game and it would be real nice to get a bit back. :)

That would be a great idea for the "Dans"? Having just recieved nearly 1000 onions I am a happy bunny with the bonuses. But they DO seem to use up the allowance quickly - Does 1000 onions sell for 250,000 coins?

Whatever - I am sure it will all come out in the wash and its early days. Like someone said we ARE the Beta testers and you need our feedback - but I wish there was less of the "stomping" going on peeps.

I WOULD like to know what the actual levels are for each colour and for the Dans when it is released. Also what the bonuses are we could get. Please DO give us some actual Farm Cash $ - like when we level up the ordinary way.

artisanrox
Jun 03 2011, 07:04 AM
I still sort of agree with those who dislike the belt idea. I actually thought that the belt system would be a sort of in-game floating text that doesn't interrupt working, NOT a popup/wall publish function.

Killing the lower belts was a great move, and I would appreciate killing the brown belts too.

katsmithBookie
Jun 03 2011, 07:18 AM
I can't figure out how to see how many harvests I have to get to the next level. People have posted that all you have to do is hover over the picture in the store, but when I do, it does nothing. I have reached various levels on different crops, and none of them show me anything.

Thanks

kat

murphy mouse
Jun 03 2011, 07:25 AM
hi! I've been playing since we had only one farm and the highest level was the one where you could buy a mansion. I really appreciate the efforts of the developers to continue to make the game interesting!

But please, please, please find a way to do so without FB Wall posts. I didn't like it when we first needed those to hire for facilities, but I adjusted. Now? Ingredient requests, two separate hire requests, and belts...

I know I can filter so that I don't see the posts on my news feed. But I wish we could enjoy those aspects of the game -- the ones where we hire for facilities especially -- without posts.

Here's one suggestion -- when we achieve a belt, instead of making us beg, you could have an option to celebrate by sending a bonus gift of the product to our friends (in addition to any other gift we'd sent them that day). That way it would show up in the gift section of FB but not the wall; the bonus we get from future harvests should be enough of a goal to satisfy our own greed.

I always like giving better than receiving anyway. :-)

maggiel29
Jun 03 2011, 08:00 AM
Here's one suggestion -- when we achieve a belt, instead of making us beg, you could have an option to celebrate by sending a bonus gift of the product to our friends (in addition to any other gift we'd sent them that day). That way it would show up in the gift section of FB but not the wall; the bonus we get from future harvests should be enough of a goal to satisfy our own greed.

I always like giving better than receiving anyway. :-)

Oooh I dunno - I have got all the corn I need to fill up my facilities (over 3000) from just harvesting two fields this morning and getting a bonus gift from a friend. Helps her helps me. I think its a great idea - works better now we have the option to ask for a posting box and we only get pop ups for Brown and Black. If I delay my onions until this evening I will probably get enough of those as well.

Grammy 11
Jun 03 2011, 08:01 AM
Clicked on a friend's bonus offer from 27 minutes ago and was told it had expired. Huh?

maggiel29
Jun 03 2011, 08:04 AM
Clicked on a friend's bonus offer from 27 minutes ago and was told it had expired. Huh?

My friends have got that too - but could click on and earlier one OK.

I havent had any problems - I think sometimes it seems to come up with that message when you have already clicked on that bonus or already sent your limit. Does it with the ingredient requests too.

Farmer_Susan
Jun 03 2011, 08:13 AM
Amazingly fast response. Love our developers. :D

I haven't had a chance to fully absorb Raul's post about how the belts work - will do that later. But I did notice one tweak that would be nice - the hover doesn't seem to work when you have a tool activated. For example, when I'm on my farm and click on my seeder, that's when I'd like to be able to see how many of each crop I have left for a certain belt. I don't want to have to look in the store to decide what I want to plant first and then click on my seeder and go back to the store. That makes it a 2-step process each time when it could be 1.

And again, I'll say that I LOVE being able to click on the belt posts. I got over 1500 pine logs, plus lots of cotton, corn and wheat this morning and it truly made me a happy camper. Still wish you'd get rid of the 3 hour thing, but overall, I love this new toy. And about posting to FB . . . ok, here's a different twist . . . but to me, I sort of like being able to advertize FT. I love this game. Feel like it's the best game out there. So I want it to do well and thrive. I'm happy to be able to do my part in attracting new users. And when I post, I know that I'm making my neighbors happy, too, so it's a win-win, IMHO. And . . . I always have the option of not posting.

Grammy 11
Jun 03 2011, 08:22 AM
With all the notifications crowding our pages, I had an idea - beginning players need to work at facilities to gain $$, goods and XP. I don't have time to work at facilities; my 9 farms are a full time job. I love being able to choose bonus items or ingredients to share when I send. I also love to refer clients. Can there be a preference box where we can get only the requests we wish to see? I would block requests to work and requests for another tree or item obtained as a gift.

I notice that since all this requesting has come up the marketplace for selling is usually empty. I am lucky if I can get 1000 items once a day. It would help if the time restriction were loosened up so I can take advantage of sellers whenever they happen to be there with me.

nettie1212
Jun 03 2011, 08:50 AM
Hi, I am not receiving notifications on my wall for helping my fellow farmers. I went into my account into and it does not have the option to allow FT to post to my wall.

maggiel29
Jun 03 2011, 08:51 AM

I haven't had a chance to fully absorb Raul's post about how the belts work - will do that later. But I did notice one tweak that would be nice - the hover doesn't seem to work when you have a tool activated. For example, when I'm on my farm and click on my seeder, that's when I'd like to be able to see how many of each crop I have left for a certain belt. I don't want to have to look in the store to decide what I want to plant first and then click on my seeder and go back to the store. That makes it a 2-step process each time when it could be 1.

And again, I'll say that I LOVE being able to click on the belt posts. I got over 1500 pine logs, plus lots of cotton, corn and wheat this morning and it truly made me a happy camper. Still wish you'd get rid of the 3 hour thing, but overall, I love this new toy. And about posting to FB . . . ok, here's a different twist . . . but to me, I sort of like being able to advertize FT. I love this game. Feel like it's the best game out there. So I want it to do well and thrive. I'm happy to be able to do my part in attracting new users. And when I post, I know that I'm making my neighbors happy, too, so it's a win-win, IMHO. And . . . I always have the option of not posting.

Well said Farmer Susan!

Tony D
Jun 03 2011, 08:53 AM
Hi, I am not receiving notifications on my wall for helping my fellow farmers. I went into my account into and it does not have the option to allow FT to post to my wall.Hi, are you getting any farm town posts on your wall ?

brendaboo1967
Jun 03 2011, 08:54 AM
wow thank you so much....you really did listen and it has helped so much...i am so glad you seperated the belt bonus from the ingredients!......and i like the idea of a more challenging belt system as you stated....thanks again!!!

kahra01
Jun 03 2011, 08:55 AM
Thanks Raul, u lot are incredible.. I hope you find time to sleep now, lord knows you deserve it loll :)

redqueen67
Jun 03 2011, 09:29 AM
Have a question and wonder if this has happened to anyone else. I posted my black belt for roses, 3 friends claimed them, when I checked my gift box I received one 5-pod rose from each of them. I should have received 426 roses.

Duck Duck Goose
Jun 03 2011, 09:49 AM
Well from my observations, us people on myspace didnt get any of the benefits from this belt stuff. We dont have a "wall" THANK GOODNESS and although i do see belts changing colors on seeds and trees inside the store, the people on myspace DO NOT apparently get any extra boxes of crops or bonuses what-so-ever.
I just harvested 9 farms of wheat and got a 7 degree blackbelt on wheat but i see nothing extra sitting anywhere nor did i get any pop-ups or notifications that i got anything extra or even achieved a certain color of belt.

Who needs karate on a farm anyhow? are we gonna be able to kick someones butt in the market if they annoy us? lol:D

Shellgirlmtl
Jun 03 2011, 10:04 AM
Would it be possible to get the amount needed to reach a belt put in the game guide. It would be interesting to see what the numbers are for each crop and level.

I agree with JAS, it would be great to see the belt requirements in the game guide... by the way JAS, your little table makes great sense... nicely done...

Julie Graff
Jun 03 2011, 10:07 AM
I have been searching all of these posts and I STILL cannot figure out how to BLOCK this whole belt thing. Are we really stuck with it? The only option I have is to block Farm Town all together. Then I can't play at all. I would expect Zynga to come up with martial arts "prizes" in a farming game, but not you. We all got to the level we are on by FARMING and POSTING FACILITIES. Earning martail arts "belts" has nothing to do with this. If I need more corn, I will plant more corn, for heaven's sake. It has flooded my news feed and slowed me down in the game itself. Furthermore, my game is taking 6 to 10 minutes to load with all of these shenanigans. So again, how do I block the belts without blocking the whole game?

mlong1111
Jun 03 2011, 10:11 AM
I'd love to have multiple farms available for purchase at the same time. thanks

StoneFace
Jun 03 2011, 10:20 AM
I'd love to have multiple farms available for purchase at the same time. thanks

Well, if you have 7 farms or less, you do..... jk:D

But I hear ya....

I would be pleased to open FT one day and see that there were 3 more farms available.

Certainly there should be limitations like higher levels or much higher pts. Then the older players might feel that they are being compensated for the many months (years) spent supporting the devs............. and the newer players would understand that it takes time and progress to have the high-end "goodies".

ridgie247
Jun 03 2011, 10:30 AM
Have been playing FT on and off for 2 years, I am now a daily player and love FT. Personally, I like the belt system and have no issues with the bonus posts. Unlike Zynga games where you post for help and again and again, begging constantly to raise a barn, cater etc , FT gives everyone a bonus. It's not one-sided and never a fail.

There are those of us who do not or cannot stack/layer their farms, the bonus ingredients are much appreciated. There is also somewhat of an end to the bonus ingredient posts... there is a finite amount of items that can receive a belt bonus.

For those worried about non-farmtown friends seeing the posts create a friend list of just your farmtown friends. That way only they see your posts.

FT is a great game, one that I look forward to every day and each month for new facilities and updates.

Shellgirlmtl
Jun 03 2011, 10:42 AM

Hi There,

1.Currently there are 6 belts that you can achieve, when you reach the first 3 there will be no confirmation box or a chance to ask for a bonus, only a regular non-obstructive fading message on the top of the game.

2.For the higher 3 belts, there will be a notification message and the chance to post to the news feed to get the extra bonus, but users will have the option to close the message box without opening the facebook news feed.

5. This one should be released tomorrow. Users on levels < 150 have 1-2 farms as an average, users on levels > 150 have 8-9 farms as an average, that’s why is difficult to come up with a grade of difficulty for the belts that make everyone happy. So this is what we are going to launch tomorrow:

a. Users on levels < 150 will be getting belts with the same level of difficulty that we have now.

b. For users on levels > 150 and that have already black belts, they would be able to specialize even further by reaching Dan degrees, there will be 6 different Dan degrees that will be much more difficult to achieve for each product. (see) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_(rank) if you are curious about the Dan system). If you have any suggestions for the amount of harvest required for those harder Dan 6 degrees please mention them here.

--Raul

Thank you for this update Raul... For most of us, it is much appreciated... I still have not decided if I like the Belt system yet, but I do not dislike it either... I do have a question that I just realized... I am in the process of chopping & shaking trees... Because Pine, Bamboo, Oak, Maple, Cedar trees can be bought in the General Store we see our Belt Levels... but what about the Cinnamon, Plum, Mango, Peach etc... since the giftable trees are not in the store, where can we go to see our Belt Levels for those trees???...

Thanks again for all your hard work... I for one, is thankful... I love this game and it is the ONLY game I play, all others (Zynga games in particular) have been Blocked, save a few...

MarlaKay
Jun 03 2011, 11:17 AM
OK, I know I'm slow sometimes, but I just don't get the belts. I have the manure spreader, so I already get 2 for 1 for each crop. What would the purpose of another single box of a crop be for? And is there anything that shows what belts we have? I didn't pay attention to all the pop-ups since they were coming so fast.....

No one answered me, I know it's a stupid question but could someone please explain it to me?

swd
Jun 03 2011, 11:29 AM
I agree with you, the rewards for getting a belt level seem very insignificant, kinda of like the trophies. Maybe we are missing something. It also seems that they are too easy to get.

sillybug1
Jun 03 2011, 11:43 AM
Same issue here Raul, I am receiving the pop up to tell me I have belted in brown/black, however no option to post, and even if I did receive a post option I am maxed out, so any bonus I could have received (which were 6) I could not because ONE click on another bonus maxed me out. Right now the way it is, if someone brown belts in pine, only 1 or 2 people can give them a bonus due to the cost of the pine tree, if you get over 1000 trees as a bonus at 400 dollars a tree, one click will put you out of commission, so posting any other belts during the next 3 hr period is for not....if we are allowed to post 3 bonuses in a 3 hr time frame, we should at least be able to receive 2 clicks PER bonus posted...maybe that would be a better solution...don't put a coin amount for limit, put a 'clicks' amount. Something to think about! Anyhow...Thank you for taking in all our suggestions, and dealing with all the complaints, y'all really are doing a great job!

sillybug

barbara nixon
Jun 03 2011, 11:47 AM
am i to understand if i post something from my harvest if it's worth 250000 i ca not post again or collect any of neighbors posts?..if so that suks...i posted corn black belt this am and now i can't do anything else..says i have reached my limit...not fair...what's the point in achieving them if u don't get but 1 benefit from them..i don't under stand for sure how this works..:(

MarlaKay
Jun 03 2011, 11:48 AM
I agree with you, the rewards for getting a belt level seem very insignificant, kinda of like the trophies. Maybe we are missing something. It also seems that they are too easy to get.

Yes, a year or so ago, I had played the other farm game and had earned almost all the crop masteries.... but this game is so much better, I quit the other one. But I planted 2 farms with wheat a couple days ago and earned all the belts today in wheat, apparently, in todays harvest.... Since this is somewhat a copy of the mastery in the other game, maybe we should at least get a little sign or something to post on our farms when we achieve the black belt to show others. And someone suggested perhaps earning a FC dollar for each black belt. Otherwise, though I love this game, I don't "get" it... Is it one extra box of the harvest or one extra box per field? That might be more interesting too..... But I do love this game!!!

bob07
Jun 03 2011, 12:21 PM
So I loaded up 6 farms and in 1 harvest I am a black belt in wheat. There a no more levels available and the only difference I see is the black belt showing when you look at wheat in the store. When does the extra box kick in? How are you notified? Is it 1 extra box per field, per harvest, per plot? Hopefully there is more to the levels than this.
I am confident there is
Thanks and if anyone has actually received the extra box and can explain it, please post
or maybe a Mod can step in. There are over a dozen questions on the same topic!!!!

Dr. Dirt
Jun 03 2011, 12:26 PM
Been well over 3 hours since I last claimed any products from a belt post. (about 5 hours) Still says I claimed all I can for 3 hours. So far I don't see any big advantage to trying to collect anything from posts or posting when I reach a belt status. It's just to limited. I'm going to stop doing anything from either side.

JAS0643
Jun 03 2011, 12:42 PM

Thank you for listening.

Two things. 1 Each field counts as one for the belt systems it does not matter if it is fertilized or not it still counts as one field not two. 2. Very few people have their farms stacked 9 times so the number you give for the don belts is way to high for the average player in my opinion. They should be hard to get but not too hard to get.

I agree with JAS, it would be great to see the belt requirements in the game guide... by the way JAS, your little table makes great sense... nicely done...

Thank you.

No one answered me, I know it's a stupid question but could someone please explain it to me?

If you have all the facilities like I do it is hard to keep enough of some of the crops, ie tomatoes, rice, and corn, because of the amounts needed. While the fertilizer does help the extra gotten by the belts helps even more. There are some crops like aloe, tea, and sage that need so few to load a facility that you plant them so rarely with the fertilizer it really wont matter on them. Also it is just something to get for getting a belt, if there is no reward why have them.

Suzanne R
Jun 03 2011, 12:43 PM
I've had the same problem..acknowledgement of reaching brown and black belt level but no option to post. Also did not receive bonus when others clicked on my post.

Farmer_Susan
Jun 03 2011, 12:52 PM
So I loaded up 6 farms and in 1 harvest I am a black belt in wheat.

This is so disappointing to me. I had really hoped I'd be challenged for the next 6 months or so with the belt system.

And since others have mentioned the mastery sign thing in "that other game" . . . I loved that and was hoping we'd have something similar here. Working my tail off for those dang little signs was ALMOST enough in itself to keep me playing that other game. Not totally enough, but gosh, I liked working for those and then being able to display them! Any chance of adding something like that to the belt tweak list?

magical_ladyj
Jun 03 2011, 01:18 PM
I agree we need something more than the belt in our seed list and maybe an extra box of crops when we achieve mastery. I have achieved black belts in 2 crops and brown belts in 2 fruits and none of them posted so I could declare my mastery. So what is the point if I can't brag a little in some way? If not signs, like the other game that bored me so much, perhaps an indication on our crops when we plant them. A fertilized crop has an (F) after it...maybe a mastered crop could have an (M) after it or a star (*). I also agree we should be able to post more than 3 belts in 3 hours. Do you really expect me to stop harvesting when I've posted 3 belts and come back 3 hours later to finish? That's nuts.

Jewbana
Jun 03 2011, 01:36 PM
Hi There,

--Raul

So, basically, this is just another perk for Facebook users? Myspace players, as usual, get the short end of the farm town stick.

roxanne2
Jun 03 2011, 01:37 PM
Loving the newest updates, hating the 250,000 / 3 hour limits. If the 3 hour limit must stay it would be great if you would up the 250,000 coins limit to a cool 1,000,000 - or more ;)

Jewbana
Jun 03 2011, 01:40 PM
Well from my observations, us people on myspace didnt get any of the benefits from this belt stuff. We dont have a "wall" THANK GOODNESS and although i do see belts changing colors on seeds and trees inside the store, the people on myspace DO NOT apparently get any extra boxes of crops or bonuses what-so-ever.
I just harvested 9 farms of wheat and got a 7 degree blackbelt on wheat but i see nothing extra sitting anywhere nor did i get any pop-ups or notifications that i got anything extra or even achieved a certain color of belt.

Who needs karate on a farm anyhow? are we gonna be able to kick someones butt in the market if they annoy us? lol:D

Myspace users are the red headed step child of Farm Town. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it. We need to band together and stand up for ourselves. We spend the same amount of coins and FC...it's time we were treated the same.

Deborah1979
Jun 03 2011, 01:55 PM
:mad: Well, here I go again! I voiced my concern yesterday about the belt issue and how MUCH I detested the fact that it seems Farm Town is becoming just a copy cat of the farming game with Zynga. And for those of you who like it and said you didn't have to post all of the requests in that other game, when I quit playing you needed to get 10 bricks, 10 boards, 10 nails to finish yada yada building. Then suddenly they upped the ante and oh yeah, you had the building but had to increase it by 10 again of each and then again and again.
Someone earlier said they see this coming to an end soon, as people reach their belt levels. I DO NOT BELIEVE THERE WILL BE AN END ONCE THIS HAS STARTED! THE LEVELS AND POSTINGS WILL JUST INCREASE.:( Just my opinion.

But the main aggravation I am experiencing now is the incredible slow loading and "Connection to Server Timed Out" and NOT being able to see any names in the market, no matter how many times I jump in and out. Others in the market can't see names either, because I ask when I am there, that has occurred REPEATEDLY since the belts were released. I ALWAYS have issues after an update, and before a mod jumps on here....(by the way, most of the mods have been extremely quiet thru all of the hub-bub :p ) and suggests that I clean out my cache, etc. , don't bother. I do all of the suggested maintenance on a regular basis. The updates always cause issues with some of us that are on particular servers (WF-6) and I do wish you would please get these issues straightened out before any other updates or additions.
OK, thanks for listening. Please reconsider and if you insist on the belts then add them on a feed like the gifts or under our farms, as others have suggested.
DEB

brendaboo1967
Jun 03 2011, 02:21 PM
i have harvested quite a bit today, but only had the option to post one harvest very early in the day...i know way more than 3 hours has gone by.

ive also noticed some belts are not showing up on some harvests?

ScottLanter
Jun 03 2011, 03:05 PM
This is so disappointing to me. I had really hoped I'd be challenged for the next 6 months or so with the belt system.

And since others have mentioned the mastery sign thing in "that other game" . . . I loved that and was hoping we'd have something similar here. Working my tail off for those dang little signs was ALMOST enough in itself to keep me playing that other game. Not totally enough, but gosh, I liked working for those and then being able to display them! Any chance of adding something like that to the belt tweak list?

LOL! Everybody says "that other game" doesn't compare to Farm Town. Yet, "that other game" seems to get brought up everytime there's a glitch in Farm Town.

The belts are new, folks. There's bound to be some flaw in it until the devs get the bugs worked out. :)

pattylarson
Jun 03 2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks, Raul. I'm liking the change now.

Simera
Jun 03 2011, 03:24 PM

I feel very much the same thing. I'm very disappointed! Well, I'm not quitting as of yet, but still . . . THIS is like a mirror of something else, *pushing* you to Publish. and you know what??
If one dosen't Publish, it seems impossible to get the Bonus (as I understand it) What a way to celebrate loyal players from April 2009.
There IS a reason why we left the other "unmentionable one", you see. And I'm very, very sad that FT fell into the same Publish-world, as the other one.

Regards
Simera

maggiel29
Jun 03 2011, 04:13 PM
Answers pleasse pretty please???

How do we know if we have been awarded an extra box of the crops or not?
How do we know what level we are on for gifted trees (which is mainly what you need to grow).
I dont want signs as a reward - I would like some real FT$ for the black belt and higher though.
But I DO like this belt system - yes as Raul says it needs tweaking - but my friends and I all agree its rather good to get most of the crop you need as a bonus even if it is a one of for that crop.
AND I must say we all love the new one click service facilities and would love the same on the others - then I might get some workers back!

ridgie247
Jun 03 2011, 04:21 PM
Having played the "other game" there is a huge difference with the posting. Farm Town is the least spammy of the games I've played and have played lots of games. Games are the reasons I made friend lists, to keep it separate and respect my friends who don't play certain games.

Once Farm Town becomes where your facilities fail or stops working because no one clicked your posts or you have to rely on energy to play (or beg for energy) or you have to post to someone's wall, (not the newsfeed but your neighbors actual wall) then I am outta here.

Don't understand the 3 hour time limit thing. It's a new feature we didn't have before isn't it another bonus?

All in all the new features are extra perks to help all of us get to that elusive 100% utilization on all facilities when and if we can post a maxed out one daily. I'm sure many can but it's one thing that is still a wee bit out of my grasp.

Lora Salter
Jun 03 2011, 04:22 PM
Well...I've held my opinion on the belt challenges until now....I really do not like the belts...so I have decided to ignore it....I will not post the belts I have gained.....I will not click on helping my neighbors...and this is the sad part...I always loved working my neighbors factories and facilities but now I will not even do that because its just to hard to figure out what the heck I am doing. I do agree with a lot of you who says this is getting like that other game...and why do I want to play two farming games... this one was the best by far....but it's not heading in the direction I don't want to go....I JUST WANT TO WORK MY FARMS AND MY FRIENDS FARMS AND FACILITIES AND FORGET THE REST.

Grammy 11
Jun 03 2011, 04:22 PM
Again, I LOVE the belts - but I see my belts on the seed list that were not there before and I don't see where my friends were offered bonuses. Do I only see other peoples' bonus offers on my page and my friends can see mine?

Eradani
Jun 03 2011, 04:35 PM

Thank you for listening.

yes plz - make the dan system hard.

Two things. 1 Each field counts as one for the belt systems it does not matter if it is fertilized or not it still counts as one field not two. 2. Very few people have their farms stacked 9 times so the number you give for the don belts is way to high for the average player in my opinion. They should be hard to get but not too hard to get.

maybe very few have 9 tab stacking but we still need to have something that takes time to achieve. instant bonus = instant boredom.

i wouldn't mind at all if we had to work at the top dan belt for a week per crop.

Eradani
Jun 03 2011, 04:43 PM
Myspace users are the red headed step child of Farm Town. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it. We need to band together and stand up for ourselves. We spend the same amount of coins and FC...it's time we were treated the same.

Then you really need to talk to the developers of MySpace. They're the ones that didn't code a FBish wall.

You can sit in your boat and fish all day, but you're going to get more if your boat is in the water rather than your driveway.

hhunting
Jun 03 2011, 05:06 PM
My belts were working earlier today but today the symbols have disappeared. Was the belt system pulled back? Thanks!

Tony D
Jun 03 2011, 05:07 PM
My belts were working earlier today but today the symbols have disappeared. Was the belt system pulled back? Thanks!Hi, no it still should be working. Try clearing your memory cache and see if they reappear.

ScottLanter
Jun 03 2011, 05:26 PM
Hi, no it still should be working. Try clearing your memory cache and see if they reappear.

Yes, they did stop working for a short time. I checked with all of my neighbors, and none of ours were showing, either. But, they are working again now. And....who knows....it could have just been certain servers it was happening on. Stranger things have happened before. :D

Honeyrum
Jun 03 2011, 05:55 PM
Is there something wrong wit the PINK ROSE belt system.. i only received 5 roses in my storage when someone clicked for bonus and it said it was a gift... should have been 50% of 381...

Honeyrum
Jun 03 2011, 05:57 PM
Also.. where can i check what belts i have?

suzyt13
Jun 03 2011, 06:03 PM
The belts seem to help those who still have lots of friends and neighbours posting I don't - all but 2 of mine have given up and of those 2 one never sends anything and the other does when she is able to play. I have played since the beginning when I thought I'd never reach level 35 never mind where I am now. I did play the other game for a while but gave up when you had to keep asking friends for help which never came - or if it did it wasn't fast enough to beat the limits. I will keep playing FT but at my own pace and will ignore belts except where they happen naturally. That is what I liked most about FT playing at my own pace and not needing to have millions of active friends. I have recently started a new game (for the times when harvests are cooking) and had to ask for neighbours to be able to continue and my news page is totally flooded by bonus requests. At least that won't happen with FT as I won't be publishing to my wall as no one will respond, but as I said earlier I am happy to play alone at my own pace.

Taz D
Jun 03 2011, 06:16 PM
Is there something wrong wit the PINK ROSE belt system.. i only received 5 roses in my storage when someone clicked for bonus and it said it was a gift... should have been 50% of 381...

Also.. where can i check what belts i have?
If it is a "bonus" you posted then those will go into your gift box and not your storage. If it is one you clicked on the it will go into your storage, but shows or added to your regular and not listed as a gift.

You can go to the store in the seed, trees and flowers sections and see what belt you have.

JAS0643
Jun 03 2011, 06:23 PM
yes plz - make the dan system hard.

maybe very few have 9 tab stacking but we still need to have something that takes time to achieve. instant bonus = instant boredom.

i wouldn't mind at all if we had to work at the top dan belt for a week per crop.

I never said instant bonus I am all for working hard for the don belts. I even posted how I think they should work, it is somewhere in this thread. I just think the numbers the person I quoted was way to high and people would take a year or more to reach them. While it should be hard it also shouldn't be impossible to reach. That will cause instant boredom too.

Jean's Farm
Jun 03 2011, 06:24 PM
Have a question and wonder if this has happened to anyone else. I posted my black belt for roses, 3 friends claimed them, when I checked my gift box I received one 5-pod rose from each of them. I should have received 426 roses.

This just happened to me with forget me nots.....I have some to plant in my gift box from three friends......but get this when I just loaded my facilities and ran out of forget me nots.....it told me I had some in my gift box to go store them????? They are to plant not store...:confused:

RFMad
Jun 03 2011, 06:48 PM
I clicked on one post for the belt and now I keep getting the message that I can only send once every 3 hours -- This was a different neighbor. Will this be fixed?

Duck Duck Goose
Jun 03 2011, 07:05 PM

Yea weve been the step-kids since the beginning, but in some cases, such as this one, ide say we got the gravy and FB got all the headaches.

Screw that "wall" stuff. what the heck would i want a wall for? its just an overglorified comment/status section. Ive never wanted to touch facebook with a 10 foot pole and i never will.

It does suck tho that myspace only has like 1/2 of the ability of facebook players in this game tho. However this game isnt worth the headache of creating a FB acct just for this game. I'll stay on MS. its better than fb now and always has been. (just not in Farmtown thats all)

Duck Duck Goose
Jun 03 2011, 07:12 PM
Then you really need to talk to the developers of MySpace. They're the ones that didn't code a FBish wall.

You can sit in your boat and fish all day, but you're going to get more if your boat is in the water rather than your driveway.

We already and always have had the ability to allow game achievments posted in our status. We dont need a wall - we have statuses. we can also select to allow or block all games from posting on them, or viewing other friends achivments. Frankly, if ms came out with a FBish wall - ide block it in a heartbeat.

Jackie27
Jun 03 2011, 07:45 PM
Today, I got the wheat, rice and tomato black belts but now they are gone. Is there a reason for this?

Grammy 11
Jun 03 2011, 08:18 PM
I just noticed I am at level 4 for corn, wheat and onions. Shouldn't I have been allowed to post for a bonus? PLEASE answer or explain. Thank you very much.

jrjlprev
Jun 03 2011, 08:19 PM
i reached some belts over the level of 3 in a couple crops; but it did NOT give me the option to post to my feed for bonuses' i'm level 210
what's the problem? am i wrong that i should get a box to post after 3 levels?
thanks' love this option to the game!!!

Farmer_Susan
Jun 03 2011, 09:22 PM
--Raul

Thank you SO much for these extra levels! As far as suggestions for the amount of harvest, I thought of several ideas and rejected all of them. I see what you mean about it being a challenging task. In general, though, I go about it backwards by thinking about what I want: what I want is to have a task that I'll have to work at for about 6 months, give or take a couple of months. Then I'd assume we're talking about someone with 9, fully expanded, always fertilized farms (or 12 farms, if that's where we're headed). Then I'd assume the person has about 3/4 of that land available to plant. Then I'd take the number of total crops that are currently in the level system and do the math.

Any other thoughts? This is sort of fun!

ScottLanter
Jun 03 2011, 10:38 PM
Yea weve been the step-kids since the beginning, but in some cases, such as this one, ide say we got the gravy and FB got all the headaches.

Screw that "wall" stuff. what the heck would i want a wall for? its just an overglorified comment/status section. Ive never wanted to touch facebook with a 10 foot pole and i never will.

It does suck tho that myspace only has like 1/2 of the ability of facebook players in this game tho. However this game isnt worth the headache of creating a FB acct just for this game. I'll stay on MS. its better than fb now and always has been. (just not in Farmtown thats all)

I've never met anyone in Farm Town who uses MySpace. Nice to see MS is still alive. :D

spoiler1041
Jun 03 2011, 10:44 PM
So what percent do we get for the belts above black?

COKE_VENDOR
Jun 04 2011, 01:32 AM
Yesterday I first started noticing the "belts" post & when I started harvesting my crops I was really advancing quickly. I replanted crops that required less time to harvest & received many more belt levels but today after harvesting, I start to replant & noticed ALL the belts had been reverted back to white, so what's up?
coke_vendor

COKE_VENDOR
Jun 04 2011, 01:37 AM
What do martial arts belts have to do with farming?
Who thought up this lame colored belts idea?

Taz D
Jun 04 2011, 01:41 AM
Today, I got the wheat, rice and tomato black belts but now they are gone. Is there a reason for this?

Yesterday I first started noticing the "belts" post & when I started harvesting my crops I was really advancing quickly. I replanted crops that required less time to harvest & received many more belt levels but today after harvesting, I start to replant & noticed ALL the belts had been reverted back to white, so what's up?
coke_vendor
If you are trying to see what belts you have when selecting your seeds with the seeder then you will not see them. You can only see your belts when you go to the store without a tool in use.

WitW
Jun 04 2011, 03:49 AM

I agree. I have received lots of stuff from posting and helped my neighbours out with what they wanted. The social aspect is one of the things I like about the game. I have been playing for over two years and I am very happy to have something different to work towards.

nessa278
Jun 04 2011, 04:05 AM
I havent been able to collect any bonuses now for 3 days says Ive reached my limit?????another glitch???? farming used to be fun,been playing for over 2 years now but not so sure anymore,I know there has to be a competition element but would like to see some new crops or animals for the farm on next update,its all becoming a bit repatative.

HelenJS22
Jun 04 2011, 04:22 AM

I enjoy clicking on SOME belt posts for a bonus, but I did not enjoy clicking on more than 100 of those same posts which flooded my facebook page straight after they were introduced to the game. Just three of my neighbours clicked on each and every pop up because that's. what they thought they had to do, and each could only be offered one bonus by me anyway.

It has been altered now and is much more manageable.

ChrissieD
Jun 04 2011, 04:24 AM

I totally agree... I've had a few of these 'pop-ups' encouraging me to ask for bonuses. I've closed them because I don't want loads of these things on my wall/timeline and nor do my friends (especially the ones who don't even play FarmTown) so for me personally, there is no point to them. Absolutely love the game, and I too have spent a LOT of real money buying my farms etc, but sorry guys... really not a fan of this! :(

rockhopper
Jun 04 2011, 05:14 AM

I was thinking the same thing, it wouldn't have been so bad if the levels had been something along the lines of Wellie colours instead of belts ;-)

k1ss
Jun 04 2011, 06:33 AM
For the violets brown belt I didn't get a pop-up to post to my wall, only an acknowledgement that I had attained it. For the Pink Rose brown belt, I posted it to my wall but only received a 5 x pink rose regular gift to my gift box for each click.

Edit: As with the Violets Brown belt, the Pink Rose Black Belt came up with an acknowledgement but no pop-up to post it to my wall. Seriously this needs to be looked at. I am 1,855 pink rose missing so far (371 per click) as a result of only getting a 5 x pink rose for each click!

Im having the same issues too many glitches they need to be sorted iv missed out on loads of extra crops

TedDead
Jun 04 2011, 08:55 AM

My thoughts exactly. This is FARMING not FIGHTING.

Platonicsolid
Jun 04 2011, 09:08 AM
Sometimes a bad idea is just a bad idea.
Making it less annoying will not make it a good idea.

bagoshen
Jun 04 2011, 09:47 AM
Raul thanks so much for making this a fun game, keep all the goodies coming.

Sabrinarose
Jun 04 2011, 10:13 AM
All my colored belts are gone today. I even had a black belt in a few--now nothing? Is this what the newest updates brought? Or is there a reason Im no longer attaining belts? Thanks so much for all you do. :)

maggiel29
Jun 04 2011, 10:25 AM
I just posted in the other thread of this topic - but for myself and my nine farming friends - we like this new reward/belt system and appreciate all the efforts of Raul and the other Developers.
I wouldn't mind betting the vast majority of people playing are happy or at best indifferent about the belts and most dont mind - it is IMHO only a few who are so incensed they feel the need to write about it.
Feedback is good - but some of the sheer abuse and bad manners that has been displayed on this subject is quite frankly appaling!

Grammy 11
Jun 04 2011, 10:30 AM
I just posted in the other thread of this topic - but for myself and my nine farming friends - we like this new reward/belt system and appreciate all the efforts of Raul and the other Developers.
I wouldn't mind betting the vast majority of people playing are happy or at best indifferent about the belts and most dont mind - it is IMHO only a few who are so incensed they feel the need to write about it.
Feedback is good - but some of the sheer abuse and bad manners that has been displayed on this subject is quite frankly appaling!

I agree! Belts should be the LAST to go if something must go.

ctu1010166
Jun 04 2011, 10:34 AM
Im having the same issues too many glitches they need to be sorted iv missed out on loads of extra crops

Belt system is FT's mastery system. I'm waiting for this for a long time
But when it's introduced, there are 2 problem:
1) Too easy to get Black belt. Only get 1750 Sweet Potatoes and I have Sweet Potato Black belt! Too easy! Can you increase required crops 100 times? Harder to get a belt, prouder of this!
2) You sad that when I hover the mouse to belt icon, the require crops to get next belt display. But it load too slow, sometimes nothing to load? Can you replace "hover the mouse" to "click on icon"?

Reta J
Jun 04 2011, 11:18 AM

Very well said and I totally agree! I love it too and so look forward to what is coming next. I love having something to work towards, but would definitely like to see it a lot harder to achieve the belts.

Thank you Raul for all you have and will do to make this game so much fun :-)

Toranut97
Jun 04 2011, 11:39 AM
Wow - I was surprised to come here and see all the deeply felt convictions about the belt thing. I have just been ignoring it... is that going to be a problem?? I mean, the belts are kinda fun to see and all, but I don't really care. Doesn't seem to effect my gameplay. Am I missing something???:confused:

Farmer_Susan
Jun 04 2011, 12:03 PM
I'm still wondering about the level of challenge the belts are providing, even for newbie players. I just went from white to yellow to orange to green in corn on ONE farm and the field I had planted in corn probably took up less than 1/4 of the available plots on the farm. I can't imagine that that would provide a challenge for anyone.

Platonicsolid
Jun 04 2011, 12:04 PM
Feedback is good - but some of the sheer abuse and bad manners that has been displayed on this subject is quite frankly appaling!I wouldn't mind betting the vast majority of people playing are unhappy with the deluge of FT belt posts on their FB wall. If you invite a friend over to your house and that friend brings 20 uninvited people with him, is that rude?
I've actually found the vast majority of posts on this subject to be quite polite and many are just plain hilarious. I hope you’re not suggesting that dissenting opinions should be squelched.

Sabrinarose
Jun 04 2011, 12:09 PM
I have to say as for me and my many many farm friends we all appreciate ANY and ALL things they do to make our farm town fun. Ive played this game since the beginning.. when you had to plant and plow ONE at a time and you couldnt hire out anything.. We LOVE LOVE LOVE this game.. Stop complaining folks, be thankful for what we have.

Miss_Daisy
Jun 04 2011, 12:13 PM
I guess the new belts work only for Facebook players? Like the help in facilities feature? Since I am a MySpace player looks like I'm out of luck...again. :confused:

Grammy 11
Jun 04 2011, 12:14 PM
The challenge is to be able to post for a bonus even if I get to level 4 and higher. Is there a secret?

Taz D
Jun 04 2011, 12:33 PM
The challenge is to be able to post for a bonus even if I get to level 4 and higher. Is there a secret?
Are you trying to post while in full screen? If so when you get the first box about posting, drop back to normal screen size. Then you should be able to see the publish box for it.

StoneFace
Jun 04 2011, 01:09 PM
I'm still wondering about the level of challenge the belts are providing, even for newbie players. I just went from white to yellow to orange to green in corn on ONE farm and the field I had planted in corn probably took up less than 1/4 of the available plots on the farm. I can't imagine that that would provide a challenge for anyone.

I hear ya.... seems kinda silly huh?

If it takes tens of thousands of exp pts to go from one level to the next, and you get a $FT for it....

it should take a lot more than it does to go from one belt to the next... cuz they are so valuable and cherished by many.... not:p

For the most part, I ignore the belts posted for most crops.... because I have a healthy inventory. But I will gladly accept the bonus for things I always use a lot of.

I offer this.... if we reach a certain level, we should forget the belts, and have our buy limits increased.

Maybe 100 x your level.... so a newbie at level 50, can buy up to 5000 products a day if he/she/it has the money

and a max-level would be worth 21,000 products per day.

If that is too high , than even half that would be a big help. It is easy to use up 10,000 products a day. Besides, not that many farmers would have that much "extra" product to sell.... so things would be reasonable.

Farmer_Jane
Jun 04 2011, 01:16 PM
Get rid of the limits............

Please, please, please, tell me why there needs to be limits on buying and selling things we would normally sell to the mayor???? I really don't see a purpose for it. Why not let us buy and sell things we make in our facilities or our tool facilites. We pay and work for the product. It takes a specific amount of time to get so why limit us? If I want to spend my time making things to sell to other players why shouldn't I be able to? It doesn't hurt the Farmtown economy. The mayor is like a communitst country that only allows people to sell to the government.

Taz D
Jun 04 2011, 01:21 PM
For those who have only been able to post some but not all of your belt levels, I think the problem is that like the ingredients requests you can only post 3 per 3 hours and that is why you can post some but not others.

Also the limits set on helping are still messed up. I did some last night before going to bed and now today nearly 12 hours later I get the limit and can't get anything from them. This is what needs to be fixed.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 04 2011, 01:23 PM
While we appreciate all feedback on the belt system update, both positive and negative, no personal attacking or harrassing will be allowed. These types of posts will be deleted. The purpose of this thread is to give suggestions on the Dan system and on the belts. Thanks :)

franklinchica
Jun 04 2011, 01:50 PM
I accidentally clicked no when questioned about posting for a brown belt for oranges. When the black belt notice appeared, there wasn't an option to post. Will this ever change? Will I always be at a disadvantage re Oranges?

Grammy 11
Jun 04 2011, 01:56 PM
Okay I think I have an easy yes or no question: Will I get bonuses at level 6 (brown) and not before?

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 04 2011, 01:58 PM
Okay I think I have an easy yes or no question: Will I get bonuses at level 6 (brown) and not before?

The posting for bonuses won't appear for the first 3 levels. So yes you can post and get bonuses from friends at the brown belt level :)

CSLewis
Jun 04 2011, 02:11 PM
I have to agree with many of the other posts about the belt system being messed up. This morning at 6:30 I harvested 3 farms. The first was rice and I posted for my black belt. Then I posted the black belt in wheat for 840 wheat bonus. I had 2 people click it and I hit my limit for the 3 hrs. I wasn't able to get any rice. I waited till 2 in the afternoon and went to harvest 5 more farms of wheat. The original post for belts stated "For example, when you reach the Black Belt for Wheat, from that point on when you harvest wheat there will be a 36% chance of getting an extra box of Wheat." I never received a new pop up to post nor did I receive anything saying I received a bonus for being a black belt. I should hope that with a 36% chance of getting a bonus that I would get AT LEAST a few extra boxes for over 5000 harvests. I really don't see the point of a bonus system if it only works once and for only 30 seconds because you hit your limit in 2 clicks.

cherocreek
Jun 04 2011, 02:37 PM
I too have had some failures with the new belt rewards. Also had some problems of late with some functions that prior to the last updates were working like gifts status and service facilities.

I know with updates and changes comes these occasional problems. I'm confident you guys will get it all ironed out.

Thanks for the game and the work you do.

Texas Belle
Jun 04 2011, 03:04 PM

I am with you, I still don't get it, but one thing i know for sure, instead of all those belts and dans, we need more producing sheeps... Like the hens and the hereford cow we need a super duper sheep or faster produce llamas and sheep, but specially the sheeps. I don't want to buy another barn to just put sheep on it. The llamas are OK, but we we are needing more sheep wooll. So can we have a super duper sheep that we can buy with FC just like the hens and cows?

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 04 2011, 03:05 PM
I am with you, I still don't get it, but one thing i know for sure, instead of all those belts and dans, we need more producing sheeps... Like the hens and the hereford cow we need a super duper sheep or faster produce llamas and sheep, but specially the sheeps. I don't want to buy another barn to just put sheep on it. The llamas are OK, but we we are needing more sheep wooll. So can we have a super duper sheep that we can buy with FC just like the hens and cows?

You might want to post this in suggestions in the animal thread :)

maggiel29
Jun 04 2011, 03:34 PM
They listen folks! Ive just been harvesting flowers and trees - I got to the brown and black and it only gave me the option to post three times so we are NOT flooding others walls with posts.
ALSO I got two degrees of the Dan for the roses!
Also - another point - do the unmentionable game players KNOW the names of their developers? Other than that woman with the silly "name" who did the podcasts!

Nettie49
Jun 04 2011, 03:45 PM
FarmTown must never imitate Zynga games!
If we play with a belt system, it should be original and worth to spend time I believe...

brendaboo1967
Jun 04 2011, 04:05 PM
i only received an option two times all day long to post any belts....i had two people collect and the maxed me out on the belts....they need to increase that some, its not much of a bonus if you can only collect 2 items in hours and hours for me!

spoiler1041
Jun 04 2011, 04:11 PM
i only received an option two times all day long to post any belts....i had two people collect and the maxed me out on the belts....they need to increase that some, its not much of a bonus if you can only collect 2 items in hours and hours for me!

The REAL BONUS is in the free crops you get in storage after you harvest (just like the manure gives you 1 free for each crop harvested).

So a crop of 1024 with a 6th Dan belt and manure yields.
planted = 1024
manure = 1024
6th dan degree = 737

So one whole farm now yields a total of 2,785.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 04 2011, 04:12 PM
Hi guys, Raul just added to the top post more info :)

beautysmom
Jun 04 2011, 04:15 PM
I am having very similar problems, but in my case, according to FT, I got up this morning and had already maxed at 250K coins of gifts.... And I'm still at that point, 8 and a quarter hours later.... And my belt gifts have been 1--count 'em, 1! Something is big time out of whack (and yes, I cleared my cache, I cleared Flashplayer, and restarted multiple times....)

JayJay1957
Jun 04 2011, 04:24 PM
Hi for some reason I am no longer getting the option to post my belt achievements to my wall & offer my friends a bonus, just a brief fading message telling me I have achieved a new belt ????????

Why is this happening ???

Duck Duck Goose
Jun 04 2011, 04:29 PM
So why does it say im 314 harvests away from 1st degree dan for wheat but yet i have a number "7" inside my blackbelt?

If im 314 away from 1st degree, then that should place me at 2, not 7.
besides there are only 6 dans--- not 7

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 04 2011, 04:29 PM
Hi for some reason I am no longer getting the option to post my belt achievements to my wall & offer my friends a bonus, just a brief fading message telling me I have achieved a new belt ????????

Why is this happening ???

For which color? You won't get the chance for first 3 belts.

Taz D
Jun 04 2011, 04:38 PM
How are we going to know when we get additional crop?

How are we going to know what Dan we are at? Is this going to be indicated some way like 7.1, 7.2, etc.?

Momma Woods
Jun 04 2011, 04:40 PM
When you click to send someone products, or to get a bonus from the belts you do not have to load your farm to get your share of the stuff. You can close that tab and the items will still be put into your storage. When I log into fb I go back to the last post I read then go through all the new ones. As I go through them I open up send __________ products or get bonus form the belts in another tab. When I have gone through all the post I look at the tabs to see what I got then close the tab without going to my farm.

I don't know what you mean by closing tabs, since I don't have but one page/tab open . If I close that tab, I close my browser.

ian waite
Jun 04 2011, 04:43 PM
So why does it say im 314 harvests away from 1st degree dan for wheat but yet i have a number "7" inside my blackbelt?

when you click on the seeds bit it shows the dan in there instead of being a black 7 now its a half and half colour :)

Taz D
Jun 04 2011, 04:43 PM
I don't know what you mean by closing tabs, since I don't have but one page/tab open . If I close that tab, I close my browser.
Then in that case you can click on Home up top and go back to your Facebook home page. What she is saying is you don't have to go to your farm to get your bonus.

lakergirlne
Jun 04 2011, 05:09 PM
I understand the concept of belts a little better, and they aren't popping up as frequently. I still don't completely understand what it is all about, but, like with everything else, I'm sure I'll figure it out. = )

Thanks!
Can't wait for Farm 10!!! {Like I don't have enough work to do} = D

StoneFace
Jun 04 2011, 05:23 PM
Well, I planted a lot of fields with purple grapes to rebuild my inventory for 7 wineries.....

I reached the 1st Dan degree

anyway, I got just two "gift-bonuses" so far, and increased the purple grapes by over 7,000

no complaints here.

Bonus is bigger in numbers for a cheaper quicker crop, and prob less for longer growing stuff.... have to wait and see, or actually read the update.

:eek:

Simera
Jun 04 2011, 05:43 PM
What happens if we who are against the whole "Belt-thingy" just ignore all of the Pop-Ups?? We will be hanging back of the others, or what??
It has *always* been expressed within this Forum that the FT-game isn't some competition . . . so what about now??

And most of all; what is being done about all of the crops we missed during this last "Belt-Update"?? Thanks for any information.

Regards
Simera

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 04 2011, 05:50 PM
What happens if we who are against the whole "Belt-thingy" just ignore all of the Pop-Ups?? We will be hanging back of the others, or what??
It has *always* been expressed within this Forum that the FT-game isn't some competition . . . so what about now??

And most of all; what is being done about all of the crops we missed during this last "Belt-Update"?? Thanks for any information.

Regards
Simera

The only thing that would be negative is that you miss out on the chance to get extra crops.

You can ignore the belt requests and pop ups if you choose.

I'm not sure what you mean abou the crops you missed out on the update?

Simera
Jun 04 2011, 05:58 PM
The only thing that would be negative is that you miss out on the chance to get extra crops.

You can ignore the belt requests and pop ups if you choose.

I'm not sure what you mean abou the crops you missed out on the update?

Thanks. And . . well, I've posted numerous times in "Lost crops" etc. If you check, I grow fertilized tomatoes on my farm 7 all of the time, and after having a neighbour to harvest if or me, it showed 0 - cero- in Strorage. And that's just one sample. (And no, I didn't add any new facilities during the periode.)

Thanks again for your answer.

Regards
Simera

Simera
Jun 04 2011, 05:59 PM
corr: "for me*

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 04 2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks. And . . well, I've posted numerous times in "Lost crops" etc. If you check, I grow fertilized tomatoes on my farm 7 all of the time, and after having a neighbour to harvest if or me, it showed 0 - cero- in Strorage. And that's just one sample. (And no, I didn't add any new facilities during the periode.)

Thanks again for your answer.

Regards
Simera

Ah a problem that we have no solution to currently and it strikes some and not others....

Simera
Jun 04 2011, 06:15 PM
Ah a problem that we have no solution to currently and it strikes some and not others....

Ok, thanks again. Corn, Cow Milk and Tomatoes ,amongst others, has been "gone" during this last week or so. As there isn't any solution to the problem, what do we do?? Stop seeding anything, until the "Bet-thingy" is solved?? Sorry to sound this negative, but the "Belts" really have taking a lot of pleasure out of the game. Sorry again.

Regards
Simera

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 04 2011, 06:21 PM
Ok, thanks again. Corn, Cow Milk and Tomatoes ,amongst others, has been "gone" during this last week or so. As there isn't any solution to the problem, what do we do?? Stop seeding anything, until the "Bet-thingy" is solved?? Sorry to sound this negative, but the "Belts" really have taking a lot of pleasure out of the game. Sorry again.

Regards
Simera

The belt thing has nothing to do with the stuff going missing.

You can use the belt ranking or not :)

Simera
Jun 04 2011, 06:23 PM
The belt thing has nothing to do with the stuff going missing.

You can use the belt ranking or not :)

Ok, thanks again.

Regards
Simera

Mrs Borgies
Jun 04 2011, 06:26 PM
Not sure what is going on....In full screen I harvested my green grapes. I saw the brown, black and Dan belt pop-up and closed them. Usually I get the option when I go out of full screen to post to my wall. This time it didn't happen. I also had brown belt in my barley crop this morning with no option to post to my wall. Am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch?

nettie1212
Jun 04 2011, 06:35 PM
Can you please change the 250,000 coins max per three hours for us that are long time players since the beginning of time. I received two items from my post and hit the max of 250,000 most are not clicking on the items we need for the facilities now due to this as they have also reached the max. I LOVE the game still however it should be changed.

Sorry typo at the top, should be for us not use..

Mally
Jun 04 2011, 06:43 PM
I guess I just don't understand the new belt system. I got to the brown belt of a product today and after I posted it, I closed the game and went looking to see if someone had a belt post for a product I need that would also help them. Well, I found one but I got nothing. They received their part but I got a message saying I already exceeded the 3 hour limit of 250,000. It was the first post I clicked on and no one had clicked on mine yet, nothing at all in my gift box!

Something about the belt system has to change. This 3 hour thing does not seem to be fair, and is there a glitch that won't give me anything at all? What is up with that?

JAS0643
Jun 04 2011, 06:54 PM
I have to agree with many of the other posts about the belt system being messed up. This morning at 6:30 I harvested 3 farms. The first was rice and I posted for my black belt. Then I posted the black belt in wheat for 840 wheat bonus. I had 2 people click it and I hit my limit for the 3 hrs. I wasn't able to get any rice. I waited till 2 in the afternoon and went to harvest 5 more farms of wheat. The original post for belts stated "For example, when you reach the Black Belt for Wheat, from that point on when you harvest wheat there will be a 36% chance of getting an extra box of Wheat." I never received a new pop up to post nor did I receive anything saying I received a bonus for being a black belt. I should hope that with a 36% chance of getting a bonus that I would get AT LEAST a few extra boxes for over 5000 harvests. I really don't see the point of a bonus system if it only works once and for only 30 seconds because you hit your limit in 2 clicks.

I have the floating text turned off so not sure if it will float up that way when you get an extra box but they are added to your storage. Next time you harvest a crop look at the number you have in storage, take note of the number of fields you have, either harvest the fields or hire it out, then look at the number you have in storage now. You should see more and if you do the math it will be at the percentages you are at for extra boxes. This is like the 20% more you get for harvesting for someone there was an extra box that would float up when you got it and it was added to your storage but that was it you wouldn't get a pop up saying you just got an extra box.

The black belt is the 7th belt you can earn, the dan belts are something new added to the game and I don't know how they will look in your store once you get them.

If you are using IE 8 or later, fire fox, or chrome you have tabs in your window. You can open different tabs in the same window so you don't have 5 different windows open at one time. To close a tab click on the x for that tab. This really comes in handy. Now when you come on a bonus you want to click on if you left click it opens in that tab, but if you right click on it you can open it in a different tab by choosing open in new tab. This is really handy for getting bonus like I said in my other post. Now if you have fire fox or chrome you can download an ad on called right links that will open links in a new tab just by right clicking on them. Also another handy ad on is New tabs at the end this ad on will open new tabs on the right of the tabs open now instead of the next tab over from where you are working. I don't know if these ad ons are available for IE because I don't use IE anymore.

How are we going to know when we get additional crop?

How are we going to know what Dan we are at? Is this going to be indicated some way like 7.1, 7.2, etc.?

For the additional crop see above, on the dan belts I don't know but I am sure we will soon see.

JAS0643
Jun 04 2011, 06:56 PM
Mods can you ask the developers for a list of how many crops, tree, and flowers we need to reach each belt and add it to the game guide.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 04 2011, 06:57 PM
Mods can you ask the developers for a list of how many crops, tree, and flowers we need to reach each belt and add it to the game guide.

I already did ask the other day :) Understandably, they are a bit busy at the moment ;)

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 04 2011, 07:03 PM
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy]The black belt is the 7th belt you can earn, the dan belts are something new added to the game and I don't know how they will look in your store once you get them.

This is what the dan belt looks like:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14230&pictureid=38374

JAS0643
Jun 04 2011, 07:04 PM
I already did ask the other day :) Understandably, they are a bit busy at the moment ;)

That is fine I know it will take a few days to get the information and then another few to get it posted so I can wait for it. Thanks for asking. If you had posted that you asked before I just over looked it.

TedDead
Jun 04 2011, 07:21 PM
My thoughts exactly. This is FARMING not FIGHTING.

Actually, I'm enjoying this now that the news feed isn't getting spammed to death. The rewards are great too.

I'm just thinking that ribbons and medals would have made more sense than belts and dans.

Overall, the Devs have always done a great job with the game. Sometimes it's frustrating when something gets broken, but they are always quick to fix it.

InePine
Jun 04 2011, 07:36 PM
If you are using IE 8 or later, fire fox, or chrome you have tabs in your window. You can open different tabs in the same window so you don't have 5 different windows open at one time. To close a tab click on the x for that tab. This really comes in handy. Now when you come on a bonus you want to click on if you left click it opens in that tab, but if you right click on it you can open it in a different tab by choosing open in new tab. This is really handy for getting bonus like I said in my other post. Now if you have fire fox or chrome you can download an ad on called right links that will open links in a new tab just by right clicking on them. Also another handy ad on is New tabs at the end this ad on will open new tabs on the right of the tabs open now instead of the next tab over from where you are working. I don't know if these ad ons are available for IE because I don't use IE anymore.

You can also hold down [Ctrl] while clicking links and they will open in a new tab, i always do this when im getting bonuses+things from my wall so i dont get "lost" in all the things i need to click/Like :)

DebLeah
Jun 04 2011, 07:40 PM
Was just wondering how everyone is keeping tabs on gifted trees-like the cherry, mango-etc, would like to know where I am with them but there not in the store section so do you just wait til something pops up?

Farmer_Susan
Jun 04 2011, 08:51 PM
They listen folks! Ive just been harvesting flowers and trees - I got to the brown and black and it only gave me the option to post three times so we are NOT flooding others walls with posts.
ALSO I got two degrees of the Dan for the roses!

You got 2 degrees of Dan in one afternoon??? My hopeful spirt just got dashed again! LOL

Farmer_Susan
Jun 04 2011, 08:55 PM

ROTFLOL, yep, I bet they are. :D

Duck Duck Goose
Jun 04 2011, 09:00 PM
i dont think stuff is getting counted accuratly, cause i have the exact same number of maple trees as i do pine trees, and i harvest them myself once every day, and they are way far apart belt-wise.

I should be the same belt/dan status on both trees. both trees yeild the same amount of logs

onamission
Jun 04 2011, 09:07 PM
I thought I had the belt bonus system sorted in my head but maybe not...

I'm aware of the 3 hour limit for sending a belt bonus to each neighbour, the 3 hr coin limit to receiving my 50% cut, and the limit of 3 postings (is that for 3 hrs too? Anyone know?).

And the belt request/gifting has been separated from the ingredient request/gifting too which is a great improvement.

Questions: Is there a limit to bonus belt gifts that I can receive from my friends? And is that limit tied in with, and subject to, the limits on my belt bonus gifting to my friends?

I posted a brown belt bonus for oranges this morning (Downunder) and I also posted requests for ingredients. I received lots of ingredient gifts which is usual for me. BUT I received only one oranges bonus gift. I am absolutely positively sure that more than one was sent cos I sent one from another account which I did not receive, and another reliable neighbour said she sent one which didn't materialise also.

Now I admit that I'm doing a tad of assuming here, and we all know what assuming does lol, but I thought the belt bonus system works along the same lines as the ingredient requests do cos they operate the same in all but this one aspect. If that is how it works, then I should receive at the very least a good few orange bonus gifts, not just one.

Are there other limits in place that remain unclear to me or is it broke?

Another question: Are there limits on the number of friends that I can send a belt bonus gift to in the three hours? I know I'll max out with receiving my cut of the bonus, but I would like to gift more of my friends anyway. I've had conflicting responses when I click to send after maxing out.

If this aspect is set up the same as ingredient gifting, I should be able to send to each friend who has posted a belt bonus request as I can now for gifting ingredients to friends.

Thanks in advance for help and answers :)

swd
Jun 04 2011, 09:11 PM
It isn't rewarding to me to have something displayed to get a belt, now if we got lots of extra boxes, fc or something, I would work for it.

Like you, I don't know if it is one box per field or what.

Farmer_Susan
Jun 04 2011, 09:20 PM
Actually, I'm enjoying this now that the news feed isn't getting spammed to death. The rewards are great too.

I'm just thinking that ribbons and medals would have made more sense than belts and dans.

Overall, the Devs have always done a great job with the game. Sometimes it's frustrating when something gets broken, but they are always quick to fix it.

Yep. I agree with all of this. I hadn't really thought about the farming vs. fighting issue, but I HAD been looking at the seed thingies in the store the other day and thinking that the belts aren't real aesthetically pleasing. It's not easy to tell what they are at first, some of them almost overlap the picture of the crop and it all just sort of looks out of balance. I was looking through some icons today for a project I'm working on and ran across some award icons and thought, "Oh! These would look awesome where our belts are!" Nice diversion when I was supposed to be working. ;)

Anyway,here's what I saw - they can come in as many different colors as you want. I like the ones with the stars best.

But yes, I agree with your last paragraph, too. Our devs - and this game - are the best thing out there.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 04 2011, 09:32 PM
Yep. I agree with all of this. I hadn't really thought about the farming vs. fighting issue, but I HAD been looking at the seed thingies in the store the other day and thinking that the belts aren't real aesthetically pleasing. It's not easy to tell what they are at first, some of them almost overlap the picture of the crop and it all just sort of looks out of balance. I was looking through some icons today for a project I'm working on and ran across some award icons and thought, "Oh! These would look awesome where our belts are!" Nice diversion when I was supposed to be working. ;)

Anyway,here's what I saw - they can come in as many different colors as you want. I like the ones with the stars best.

But yes, I agree with your last paragraph, too. Our devs - and this game - are the best thing out there.

Sorry but I had to remove the link as we don't allow external links without permission for safety of our users :)

Farmer_Susan
Jun 04 2011, 10:12 PM
Sorry but I had to remove the link as we don't allow external links without permission for safety of our users :)

Oh, sorry. I didn't know.

A Tiller the Pun
Jun 04 2011, 10:21 PM
Yes, it is happening to all flowers. Give it time and someone will fix it.

JAS0643
Jun 04 2011, 10:31 PM
i dont think stuff is getting counted accuratly, cause i have the exact same number of maple trees as i do pine trees, and i harvest them myself once every day, and they are way far apart belt-wise.

I should be the same belt/dan status on both trees. both trees yeild the same amount of logs

What is needed to get a belt is determined by two things the time it takes to grow the crop and the level you get the crop at. The lower level stuff has lower requirements then the higher level stuff and the shorter time stuff has higher harvest requirements then the longer grow stuff. Pine is available at level 1 maple is available at level 80 that is why there is a difference in the harvest requirements for the two trees.

I know the devs have been busy and I can wait to get the belt requirements but I will be interested to see exactly what they are and if I can figure out their logic behind the numbers. I have been trying to keep track of what is needed as I harvest my own crops but sometimes I mess it up.

Tokeloshe
Jun 04 2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks Raul - great job. This has rejuvenated my interest in the game.

SeamsToBeSew
Jun 05 2011, 12:12 AM
I'm actually quite surprised by all the "outrage" of 2 extra popups for the belt system. Granted, I have no clue if the additional dans will cause a popup or not, but lets look at the big picture here. Once you've achieved the black belt and the additional dans, that's the end of a wall ad for that particular crop.

In addition, Facebook allows people to "hide game posts" for games. If your friends haven't figured out how to do that, tell them how to hide the posts, as well, learn how to make a list of friends you can block or send specifically to for wall posts which you can do by clicking the lock button on the wall ad, or simply hit the x and don't ask for the gift/help that wall ads can offer you.

Threatening to quit a game over something new as well, without really giving it a chance says to me you should just quit anyway, if you can't have it your way, it's the highway.. Well, so long.. I won't miss you.

I admit that I do not care for the limit. I like helping my neighbors, and I do not want coins for doing so. I'd rather have the product only because it allows me to offer facility runs as well. I'd rather there be a limit as to how many neighbors I can help versus a 3 hour limit. Why not make that 8 to 10 people we can help per day. Thus the 3 hour limit is gone and if get to help the 8 to 10 people during the time we are on, people would be happier.

RFMad
Jun 05 2011, 12:23 AM
Can you please change the 250,000 coins max per three hours for us that are long time players since the beginning of time. I received two items from my post and hit the max of 250,000 most are not clicking on the items we need for the facilities now due to this as they have also reached the max. I LOVE the game still however it should be changed.

Sorry typo at the top, should be for us not use..

I agree! I only clicked on one post and was at my limit for 3 hours. It would be nice if we could at least collect 3 rewards like the gift requests.

pythonis
Jun 05 2011, 01:23 AM
does fertilizing the crops matter or not when it comes to getting belts?

JAS0643
Jun 05 2011, 01:56 AM

It does not matter it counts the fields you harvest not the boxes you get from that field.

pythonis
Jun 05 2011, 02:37 AM
It does not matter it counts the fields you harvest not the boxes you get from that field.So that basically means that our manure spreaders are obsolete. I mean if we automatically have a 70some percent chance of getting an extra box every time we harvest a box heck thats practically a free spreader right there.

JAS0643
Jun 05 2011, 03:11 AM
So that basically means that our manure spreaders are obsolete. I mean if we automatically have a 70some percent chance of getting an extra box every time we harvest a box heck thats practically a free spreader right there.

Well I seem to never have enough of some stuff like rice, corn, and tomatoes, so the extra boxes will be a big help there. Yea for some crops it really wont matter. There are some crops like aloe that is use so little of, one full fertilized farm of that will last me a while so the 71% extra means I will only have to plant that every 3 months or so.

wazer
Jun 05 2011, 03:15 AM
would be nice if we could get on farm town ,problems here in the uk since before the weekend , all are crops going to waste ,come on sort it out.

Naveed
Jun 05 2011, 04:01 AM
The MAIN issue is to fill facilities these days, u guys shall focus on it on priority bases, at least give us stacked facilities (multiple farms facilities combine as one facilitiy in Facility Manager with "full" button as we have in SemiTrailer now)
It will give us relief as mine take more then four hours to fill and i am so sick of it now that stop filling them. PLEAS PLEASE do some thing for facilities, it is more important then having 10th farm as we need to work out an easy way more all of storage items to facilities.
Thanks in advance

maggiel29
Jun 05 2011, 04:43 AM
Please help - I posted this on the other thread but I am not getting the correct bonus for flower harvests - only 5 of each flower from friends and PLANTS not harvests!
Other than this I think this is great - thank-you Raul and the team

maggiel29
Jun 05 2011, 04:46 AM
You got 2 degrees of Dan in one afternoon??? My hopeful spirt just got dashed again! LOL

I am growing a LOT of roses LOL!!!

maggiel29
Jun 05 2011, 04:52 AM

Regards
Simera

From how I understand it if you dont agree with the belt "thingy" and dont post you just wont get the bonuses. But you will still get the belts and the extra % crops. Its not that bad surely? Some of the glitches have been ironed out and I dare say it will need more tweaking as Raul puts it.

coinman1952
Jun 05 2011, 05:15 AM
I can live with the belt system if after you post it returns you to the farm you were on and to the harvest mode you were..

Grammy 11
Jun 05 2011, 06:10 AM
I play every day. No layering. Still no brown belt. Please don't be talked into raising the bar for advancement. Belts were a brilliant idea, I love them more as I understand them better. Thank you.

gomh
Jun 05 2011, 06:27 AM
the belt system is not working for me at all. I get error messages when I try to post for bonuses, telling me to try again later, when there is no option to do so -- so I don't get the bonuses nor the opportunity to earn more coins. this sucks!

jesdreher
Jun 05 2011, 06:42 AM
Now that I have had some time to experience the belts in their adjusted form, I can say we're getting closer to having a really good system, but we're not there yet. My main issue currently is the 3 hour limit. By the time I go through and click on a few of my neighbor's links, I've reached my limit and I can't receive bonuses for of any links I post. Since belts are still pretty easy to achieve (given that I have several neighbors who have posted dan belt posts already and I have several brown belts with very little effort) it means that we are going to get a lot of these posts for a short period of time and then nothing. Honestly, I'd rather just see the bonus posts just go away and give me a big bonus when I earn each belt. Or, failing that, make the belts much more difficult so that the posts for them are spread out over a much longer period of time. I don't see many posts for ingredient requests anymore, and to me those are more useful because you can get multiple ingredients from one post.

Deborah1979
Jun 05 2011, 07:21 AM

:confused: I have read thru every single post and I didn't see sheer abuse and bad manners. (There may have been some that were deleted quickly by mods, that I didn't see.)

I gave my opinion (negative) about the belts. However, I don't know that I sounded incensed. I detest them, I refuse to post to my Face Book wall and fill it with, in my opinion a copy cat of zynga game requirements.
If we don't give opinions, both pro and con, the developers could just assume that everything is just great.
What I do know, is that there are several million people that play Farm Town, but if you look thru the forum, only a few hundred at most ever post. Perhaps many more read the forum and agree or disagree with a particular topic, but feel like their opinion doesn't matter, or they just don't care enough to post.
I know that positive words usually SOUND & READ better than negative words, but a difference of opinion, and suggested solutions for something I feel is not good, is just that. Not rude, or sheer abuse or bad manners.
Thanks,
Deb:)

Farm Girl Tammy
Jun 05 2011, 07:56 AM
I just earned two degrees of Dan in one harvest of onions. Huh? How is that more challenging? And there has been constant feedback by so many users over the years about less popups and less wall posts that adding a feature to the game that exponentially increases both is disheartening.

I've been playing this game since May 2009 and what I've always loved about it is that I'm not totally dependent upon constant interaction with other farmers to earn this or that and that it was totally different from that other farming game. Given my love for this game, I've spent hundreds of hours (ok probably thousands :) ) playing it and spending hundreds of dollars to support the development of it by buying every single Farmcash tool and building there is. I don't say this lightly but I'm seriously considering whether to continue at this point. Rather than adding a belt system that seems eerily similar to the mastery levels on that other game, I wish the time had been spent to work out some of the ongoing bugs in the game that affect most players at one time or another.

Please Raul and team, do not try and become a copy of that other farming game. You have always had a much better product to offer and it would be such a shame to see all that innovation wasted.

katrina719
Jun 05 2011, 07:56 AM
I was here that first night beating up on Raul LMAO! Of course his mind is so much further forward than mine... But what he did by adding the option to post or not to post before the request box opens up, is all that it took for me to accept the belt system.

Most of my neighbors now wait and only post the black belt, and the posts are far and few in just 2 days.

Way to go !

gomh
Jun 05 2011, 07:58 AM
I have now harvested THREE farms with sugarcane and peanuts and none reaches my storage, and of course do NOT register for belt credit. I understand others are having the same problem since the belts were introduced. (I'm not being allowed to post on facebook for bonuses and coins when notified other crops have reached belt status either)

pjones2079
Jun 05 2011, 08:17 AM
I can't get into my FarmnTown. It's stuck on Loading User? What to do?

Tony D
Jun 05 2011, 08:23 AM
I can't get into my FarmnTown. It's stuck on Loading User? What to do?Hi, this is a link to the thread for your problem http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666..

Please read the first post and post in the thread if you are still having problems.

maggiel29
Jun 05 2011, 08:39 AM
:confused: I have read thru every single post and I didn't see sheer abuse and bad manners. (There may have been some that were deleted quickly by mods, that I didn't see.)

I know that positive words usually SOUND & READ better than negative words, but a difference of opinion, and suggested solutions for something I feel is not good, is just that. Not rude, or sheer abuse or bad manners.
Thanks,
Deb:)

Hi Deb - there WERE some nasty posts - and yes I guess they were deleted. I agree - negative feedback is as good as positive - I have no issue with people posting their opinion politely and I am sorry if I upset you. I DO have an issue with semi-swear words as I HAVE seen sadly.
Yes there were some "incensed" posts as well - where the person was clearly in a very bad temper over it all!
Hopefully all is calm again as the belt system continues to be refined and worked on.

Tinawilkerson42
Jun 05 2011, 08:44 AM
All I see mostly in this thread is complaints about the popups!! No one seems to be mentioning the wonderful benefit of receiving up to 72% more crops every time they harvest crops once the belts have been achieved! I for one can put ip with a full Facebook wall and a few popups for a while to know that when I harvest a crop in a few weeks that not only am I Getting double harvest (I fertilize) but I'll get up to 72% chance of extra box with every harvest!

We all complained that with 9 farms we still couldn't keep enough of some products in our storage so they have given us a way to produce more products without having to layer or triple plow our farms! We should be singing their praises is this belt system will cut down on that and speed the game up some in the future!

Thank you Raul for the belt system! I for one appreciate it and am looking forward to the extra products it will provide me!

janicebraden
Jun 05 2011, 09:23 AM
Cool idea! Thank you for making Farm Town fun and addicting! I love the game! Can't wait for farm 10!

AZJane
Jun 05 2011, 09:36 AM
I got tired of the posts plastering my feed, so someone suggested I "hide" farmtown, and get the posts from the game feed. I did this, and now I can't even get the posts on my game feed. I went into settings and unHid FarmTown and this didn't work.... :( Is this a bug or anyone have any other suggestion?

And, while I'm here, I do feel that the levels should be easier for those of us that have been playing since almost the beginning. Can't tell you how many times I planted strawberries, melons, etc. Despite this addition (that rings so similar of that other farm game that I stopped playing because of all the spamming) I will still play farmtown because it's classier - or at least used to be... just don't start having chickens and cows "wander" onto my farms looking to be adopted.

Thx.

Tony D
Jun 05 2011, 09:40 AM
I got tired of the posts plastering my feed, so someone suggested I "hide" farmtown, and get the posts from the game feed. I did this, and now I can't even get the posts on my game feed. I went into settings and unHid FarmTown and this didn't work.... :( Is this a bug or anyone have any other suggestion?

And, while I'm here, I do feel that the levels should be easier for those of us that have been playing since almost the beginning. Can't tell you how many times I planted strawberries, melons, etc. Despite this addition (that rings so similar of that other farm game that I stopped playing because of all the spamming) I will still play farmtown because it's classier - or at least used to be... just don't start having chickens and cows "wander" onto my farms looking to be adopted.

Thx.Hi at the top of your Face Book home page , click on the little arrow next to "Most Recent" and select "edit option" Scroll down and check if you have hidden Farm Town there... also check the blocked pages and see if Farm Town is there as well.

Reta J
Jun 05 2011, 09:45 AM
I am so happy with the belts! I got a 2nd Dan Degree this morning on sweet potatoes. Out of curiosity, I checked the amount I had in storage and what I should have gotten after harvesting. I received an extra 415 boxes because of the % bonus!! I would still like to see a change in the bonus to neighbors. I clicked on 1 for apples and it went through, but then I clicked on another for pineapples and was told I had already reached my coin limit. I wouldn't mind so much if it had sent the bonus to my friend. I know there is the possibility that it did, but would like to see this limit changed.

Kath-H
Jun 05 2011, 09:53 AM
If I have a x% chance of getting a bonus, I'd like to know when I get one. Just a fading message, not another popup.

kahra01
Jun 05 2011, 10:04 AM
All I see mostly in this thread is complaints about the popups!! No one seems to be mentioning the wonderful benefit of receiving up to 72% more crops every time they harvest crops once the belts have been achieved! I for one can put ip with a full Facebook wall and a few popups for a while to know that when I harvest a crop in a few weeks that not only am I Getting double harvest (I fertilize) but I'll get up to 72% chance of extra box with every harvest!

We all complained that with 9 farms we still couldn't keep enough of some products in our storage so they have given us a way to produce more products without having to layer or triple plow our farms! We should be singing their praises is this belt system will cut down on that and speed the game up some in the future!

Thank you Raul for the belt system! I for one appreciate it and am looking forward to the extra products it will provide me!

The real problem wasnt with the concept but more the wall filling up so badly, it drove people nuts and in the end you wouldnt have received the bonus because everyone wouldve blocked the posts to stop them flooding their wall! The way Raul and the devs have tweaked it and changed the amount of the requests going on the feed is brilliant so now we have a great system in place and everyone benefits :)

kahra01
Jun 05 2011, 10:09 AM
the belt system is not working for me at all. I get error messages when I try to post for bonuses, telling me to try again later, when there is no option to do so -- so I don't get the bonuses nor the opportunity to earn more coins. this sucks!

Just out of curiosity, do you have more than one login active when you are playing FT? some people have two browsers open and running 2 farms at the same time.. if this is the case and you go to advertise a bonus, it will give you this error message.

Baba 947
Jun 05 2011, 10:10 AM
Raul's latest explanation should eliminate the pop-up debate. The initial bragging pop-up with request for bonus crops doesn't have to be sent. I'm not sending anything out to anyone. What's important, is that from that point on, you get the chance for an extra bonus without impacting anyone else.

Moving on, can someone put together a spreadsheet that shows what it takes for each belt for each crop? I'm the type of person who likes to plan ahead and that information is necessary to come up with the best strategy.

I'm currently working on the major crops: tomatos, wheat, sugar, rice, etc ... first. Not sure if I want to tackle longer or shorter crops next.

Count me in as another positive vote for the belt system. It's given me something fresh to do. I'm not even bothering to fill my facilities until I get at least a first Dan in every crop. This is giving me a chance to stock up !!!

Annazz
Jun 05 2011, 10:10 AM
I like the improvements, great job!

Majik Merlin
Jun 05 2011, 10:16 AM
The time clock does not seem to be working. I went to bed last night and some 5 hours later, I clicked on someone's 'help with bonus' and I receved the message that I did not get the bonus because it had no been 3 hours since I reached my max.....

Since I found out there are limits, I am very selective as to which ones I help with so I can get maximum product and those I need most. This is most tiresome to find I don't get the bonus when I should.

kahra01
Jun 05 2011, 10:18 AM

I wouldve thought that fertilising your crops means you're harvesting twice as many crops, therefore, reaching the belts quicker???

brendaboo1967
Jun 05 2011, 10:36 AM
Thank you for the explanation on page one, about the system. I still believe it is not challenging enough. I do understand it really is a great bonus opportunity. So my point is, if you see a lot of complaints about it not being challenging enough, i would think to keep people interested in the game you would listen to there wants, and make maybe something else that will keep you working to a certain goal for a long time to come. Of course the goals would need to be attainable, but something that makes you want to get on and really work towards something. If the levels are going to come out so slowly, and half my neighbors are on level 210 including me...something should be done to give the someone like me a reason to keep spending money and striving to make new goals in the game. I find myself not so eager to get on anymore, and that is really a bummer...the challenges are not challenging enough.

JAS0643
Jun 05 2011, 11:06 AM
Some things I do not like about the belts.

The dans are not hard enough. 3 full farms of rice got me the 3rd degree dan belt that is not hard to do they need to be much harder. It should be at least one full 24x24 no spaces farm between belts. I don't mean impossible to get but it does need to be hard. Making it harder would solve the pop up and posting issue.

You must have made the dan belts retroactive to when the belts where released because I am a 3rd degree dan belt in rice and I have not harvested any rice since the dans came out.
The 250,000 limit is a joke. I can only get 1 or 2 bonuses sent to me and forget about clicking on anyone's bonus if I have posted one. The amount needs to be uped a little more.

I do not hate the belts as some do I actually like the idea of them but your harvest needs for all the belts is just too low. I harvested a full 24x24 no spaces farm of coffee the other day and got the black belt. That is not a challenge even for a level 20 player. All the belts need to be harder to get because as it is right now non of them are a challenge for anyone even the new players. I think yall wanted to give the people that wanted something to do something to do but also give the people that said they do not want something hard like that other game added to the game and made the belts way to easy because of it. There is a happy medium between having no goals in the game and doing it the way zynga does them. Yall missed that mark big time with the belts because you made them way to easy.

I would love to see other goals or quest type stuff added to the game but please think long and hard about them. With these things in mind.

Make them fun
not impossible to do
give us a little bit of a challenge with them
have some neighbor requirements to them
do not put a ton of neighbor requirements or make it where we have to spam our news feeds or neighbors with request for stuff
do not put them on the screen where people have to look at them
give us a box or something like the facility manger in the tools that we can go to view quest that way the people that do not want to do them will never have to look at them

if a person chooses not to do a quest they will not be prevented from leveling up or unlocking anything in the store it will just be something fun we can do with our neighbors but the ones that choose not to do them will not be penalized for that.

I think if you where to add quest or goals with those in mind it would make a lot of players happy even the ones that do not want them in the game. It will really help you to keep new and old players. You could release a goal or quest once a week that way people feel like they are getting some kind of update every week even if it is just a new quest.

maggiel29
Jun 05 2011, 11:17 AM

I totally agree! Basically when a crop etc is at the 6th Dan we get three times as much nearly - assuming we fertilise as well.

bob07
Jun 05 2011, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=JAS0643;4686782]I have the floating text turned off so not sure if it will float up that way when you get an extra box but they are added to your storage. Next time you harvest a crop look at the number you have in storage, take note of the number of fields you have, either harvest the fields or hire it out, then look at the number you have in storage now. You should see more and if you do the math it will be at the percentages you are at for extra boxes. This is like the 20% more you get for harvesting for someone there was an extra box that would float up when you got it and it was added to your storage but that was it you wouldn't get a pop up saying you just got an extra box.

Thanks Jas, finally a workable explanation of what the percentages mean. I never did the math like you did but I now understand the benefit in the belts. You get a benefit by clicking on the bonus for your neighbors to help and you get and extra 20, 36%..... in crops for the harvest. It just took someone to explain it to now understand.

ten bears
Jun 05 2011, 11:41 AM
First off let me say i hate this belt thing...This seems like a case of someone being asleep at the wheel:eek: I,ve spent hunderds of dollars on this game not just for me but for friends or neighbors. Could you please explain to me why i need a belt? This game is starting to get to silly not too long ago we were told not to stack/layer fields if it was mentioned one of the quick draw mods would remove the post, what,s up with that? I,ve never did that to any of mine because of the slowness of the game but now farmtown is infested with these farms. How about doing something for us who don,t stack or layer like maybe a x4 or a x5 fertlizer for farmcash or would that be to easy since we already have a x2? I quit spending money when the dance facility came out i have a real farm and know many others who do, not one of them have a dance facility on them. I think what happened was slashkey left the door open & the wrong dogs came home:eek: So i say this run them dogs out take control of your hizzel & shut that door before it,s too late. Be careful not to improve the quality out of the game. Yours truly Ten Bears.

tara19
Jun 05 2011, 11:54 AM
lol@tenbears,I totaly agree,I think they are getting to silly adding some things,thats why i dont play farmville who ever heard of purple sheep?I also live on a farm and enjoyed this game but never seen a pool bar or beauty shop on my farm or neighbors farms.I hope farmtown dont end up like coke and new and improve right out the door.

nettie1212
Jun 05 2011, 11:54 AM
Well I seem to never have enough of some stuff like rice, corn, and tomatoes, so the extra boxes will be a big help there. Yea for some crops it really wont matter. There are some crops like aloe that is use so little of, one full fertilized farm of that will last me a while so the 71% extra means I will only have to plant that every 3 months or so.

Thanks for clarifying this.. I was wondering what would happen with our fertilized fields as I purchased the spreader. Good to know we will receive what we do with the spreader as well as the extra crops. HAPPY FARMER

ridgie247
Jun 05 2011, 12:32 PM
I quit spending money when the dance facility came out i have a real farm and know many others who do, not one of them have a dance facility on them.

I thought some of these were kind of odd too, but hopefully with the addition of another farm or three (and more room) one of these can eventually be a cityscape area for these types of facilities and services. It is a bit funny looking having a chicken coop next to the dance club.

suzyt13
Jun 05 2011, 12:34 PM
the new players.
I would love to see other goals or quest type stuff added to the game but please think long and hard about them. With these things in mind.

Make them fun
not impossible to do
give us a little bit of a challenge with them
have some neighbor requirements to them
do not put a ton of neighbor requirements or make it where we have to spam our news feeds or neighbors with request for stuff
do not put them on the screen where people have to look at them
give us a box or something like the facility manger in the tools that we can go to view quest that way the people that do not want to do them will never have to look at them

if a person chooses not to do a quest they will not be prevented from leveling up or unlocking anything in the store it will just be something fun we can do with our neighbors but the ones that choose not to do them will not be penalized for that.

I think if you where to add quest or goals with those in mind it would make a lot of players happy even the ones that do not want them in the game. It will really help you to keep new and old players. You could release a goal or quest once a week that way people feel like they are getting some kind of update every week even if it is just a new quest.

Quests and goals seems a good idea to me especially if those who don't have (m)any active neighbours are not penalised - it would just mean they got there a bit slower than others which would be a personal choice.

Thank you for all the work you do with FT but please don't make it too difficult.

bgjc1995
Jun 05 2011, 12:50 PM
I helped a friend get a bonus of violets, and in doing so I got some. I would like to plant them instead of selling them. Apparently the only option is to sell them. This doesn't make sense as when I help a friend with wheat, I can use what I get in my windmill. Help!

Double T Dude Ranch
Jun 05 2011, 01:01 PM
I helped a friend get a bonus of violets, and in doing so I got some. I would like to plant them instead of selling them. Apparently the only option is to sell them. This doesn't make sense as when I help a friend with wheat, I can use what I get in my windmill. Help!

You can also use violets for oil in the essential oil facility.

StoneFace
Jun 05 2011, 01:53 PM
Cool idea! Thank you for making Farm Town fun and addicting! I love the game! Can't wait for farm 10!

It is coming tomorrow....

and we all know from history, that a tomorrow in FT is anywhere from 1-6 weeks.

So I will be somewhat patient.... but just somewhat:cool:

StoneFace
Jun 05 2011, 02:39 PM
I thought some of these were kind of odd too, but hopefully with the addition of another farm or three (and more room) one of these can eventually be a cityscape area for these types of facilities and services. It is a bit funny looking having a chicken coop next to the dance club.

hahahaha... how true. But then you can always sit on the top deck of the dance club with a bow and arrow from the sports facility.... and try to shoot dinner for later...... or for snacks at the movie theater.

I, and many others I am sure, have devoted one or more farms to a City-scape themes.
I put the movie theater next to the apartment complex, .... if they can afford to go to the movies then my renters better pay up on the 1st of the month:rolleyes:

bgjc1995
Jun 05 2011, 03:32 PM
I know. I don't harvest flowers, and don't let others harvest them either. I think people should have the option of planting them.

Grammy 11
Jun 05 2011, 03:36 PM
Would there be such a thing as a fish belt?