PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- July 28th, 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

StoneFace
Aug 29 2011, 04:08 PM
500 more posts to go

not necessarily an indicator of the arrival of #11.....

just a lot of keyboard exercise

Being part of the human race does not count as exercise.

Tony D
Aug 29 2011, 04:11 PM
500 more posts to go

not necessarily an indicator of the arrival of #11.....

just a lot of keyboard exercise

Al is two ahead of you........:D

StoneFace 126
Taz D........119

jesdreher
Aug 29 2011, 04:14 PM
Gift exchange, hands down.

StoneFace
Aug 29 2011, 04:15 PM

StoneFace 126
Taz D........119

I pale in comparison to so many... I visited the FTAA and some of the social threads.....

can NOT believe why all those posters have not acquired carpal tunnel.

Tony D
Aug 29 2011, 04:16 PM
I pale in comparison to so many... I visited the FTAA and some of the social threads.....

can NOT believe why all those posters have not acquired carpal tunnel.

.I refuse to make a pun about Paleface...uh uh not going to happen :D

levarti2
Aug 29 2011, 04:29 PM
Deep within a Farm Town forest a little turtle (new animal, finally) began to climb a tree.

After hours of effort he reached the top of the Oak Tree, jumped into the air waving his front legs and crashed to the ground. After recovering, he slowly climbed the tree again, jumped, and fell to the ground.

The turtle tried again and again while a couple of birds (also new additions to the FT animal store) sitting on a branch watched his sad efforts. Finally, the female bird turned to her mate.

"Dear," she chirped, "I think it's time to tell him he's adopted."

precious!!!!!!!

Farmer_Susan
Aug 29 2011, 04:31 PM
:D:D OK, I have an idea....let's play a game, and list the ONE (and only one per person) item that was added to the game that didn't cost ONE COIN or ONE FC!! Sometimes, now I just take these things for granted, but I appreciate them. Some examples might be the belts/bonuses (which I hate, but collect any :p, the little yellow hand that lets you move items around on your farm, the bar now showing which of your neighbors are actually on-line, and on and on.

I'll go first (since I started this) :) Remember, only one per person!!

I really like the little yellow hand that lets me move things on my farm!

NEXT????

(oh, and StoneFace, you can keep adding jokes in between the posts, please!!!)

Golly, there are so MANY. Only one? I'll go with the most recent thing I got excited about: the fact that when you plant, you can sort the seeds by Stored Amount. That one little thing - to my OCD brain, anyway - almost adds a whole new dimension to the game. Love it.

Ok, NOW can we have our new update? Huh? Huh?

levarti2
Aug 29 2011, 04:33 PM
I don't know if anybody listed it yet, but I love the way we can remove items from storage (or get them from gifts box) and all of that item is available to place on the farm instead of having to go back for each one (like we used to).

Taz D
Aug 29 2011, 04:55 PM

StoneFace 126
Taz D........119
I didn't know I had posted that many times in here...:eek:
But at least I am not the top one... :D

Georgia Peach12
Aug 29 2011, 05:14 PM
ooooo,was hoping to see an update by now.its about 6:30 eastern time here.maybe tonight they will give it to us..i noticed a lot of times its in the evening.please,give us an update by tonight.we are begging here,ha

bagoshen
Aug 29 2011, 05:41 PM
I guess I will call it a night and maybe we will have a BIG SURPRISE in the morning

al_bundy
Aug 29 2011, 05:42 PM
I didn't know I had posted that many times in here...:eek:
But at least I am not the top one... :D

Comon Taz admit it your offline now planning a attack to add anouther 100 posts to take the lead :D

Tony D
Aug 29 2011, 05:48 PM
Comon Taz admit it your offline now planning a attack to add anouther 100 posts to take the lead :D:D I was thinking the same thing :p

gffarmer
Aug 29 2011, 05:58 PM
Comon Taz admit it your offline now planning a attack to add anouther 100 posts to take the lead :D

:D I was thinking the same thing :p

Would Taz do a sneaky thing like that:confused::rolleyes::D

rebecca slaughter
Aug 29 2011, 07:47 PM
my guess, the update will happen on tuesday august 30, 2011 no later than 10:00pm, i would love to have it before, but i not getting my hopes up (much) anybody else want to guess..

ty_gereye
Aug 29 2011, 07:47 PM
This is soooo true~!! it is becoming a full time job!!! and I would love to see an indicator for a harvester when on our farms working... just a thought. thanks!!

Originally Posted by lyndalu
you have outdone yourself!!! - this farmtown is becoming a full time job for those of us who 'play the game.' . . . i will need a college degree to keep up with it all!

beautysmom
Aug 29 2011, 07:52 PM
My Chrome works just fine with the current release of Flash. The developers did fix the vertical text problem with it. There are still a couple things that they need to fix, but they are minor.

Mine doesn't--and in Firefox, I had to upgrade to the beta 11 release of FP to work correctly. It cann't integrate with Chrome because FP is built into Chrome, not an add-on as it is with Firefox, Safari and IE.... And I cannot imagine that the devs could do anything to fix an issue with Flashplayer....

spoiler1041
Aug 29 2011, 07:52 PM
My favorite free thing was farm 1 coupled with the remove space between crops.

And my guess for farm 11 would be either this last Friday between 9pm and 1am OR (just in case that's wrong) by 10:15 est tonight...

driverdave
Aug 29 2011, 07:59 PM
This is soooo true~!! it is becoming a full time job!!! and I would love to see an indicator for a harvester when on our farms working... just a thought. thanks!!

Originally Posted by lyndalu
you have outdone yourself!!! - this farmtown is becoming a full time job for those of us who 'play the game.' . . . i will need a college degree to keep up with it all!

well i would say that we dont have to worry too much about college degrees we have TonyD Dip (BF) B (FE) M (FMO) Phd F/t

Tony D
Aug 29 2011, 08:18 PM
well i would say that we dont have to worry too much about college degrees we have TonyD Dip (BF) B (FE) M (FMO) Phd F/tDo I want to know ???? :)

driverdave
Aug 29 2011, 08:22 PM
Do I want to know ???? :)

lol....just read it as a vote of total confidence in you and the acceptance of the fact that like the rest of us you are human too (not meant to be belittling ) ..i could detail it but that would be a wall of text lol

Tony D
Aug 29 2011, 08:24 PM
lol....just read it as a vote of total confidence in you ..i could detail it but that would be a wall of text lolBeing the humble, modest introvert that I am I would hate to read a whole wall of good things about myself...:o:o..:p

mischellesteelersfan
Aug 29 2011, 08:26 PM
for the love of god i need my update this is a really long time i have waited .................

driverdave
Aug 29 2011, 08:33 PM
Gets Wand out

Accio Undecim Villam!!!!!!!

al_bundy
Aug 29 2011, 08:33 PM
for the love of god i need my update this is a really long time i have waited .................

who this guy :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lSPWU0ZXHnw/SsiYjU5COjI/AAAAAAAAAOc/LKLE_FL-q4o/s400/Cool+Jesus.jpg

holla
Aug 29 2011, 08:53 PM
who this guy :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lSPWU0ZXHnw/SsiYjU5COjI/AAAAAAAAAOc/LKLE_FL-q4o/s400/Cool+Jesus.jpg

nice..:)----wait...what happened to his eye????.......lol

its cool about the update being like the 32nd day so far--i love it,its almost to the point where its downright Comical:D

mischellesteelersfan
Aug 29 2011, 08:59 PM

its cool about the update being like the 32nd day so far--i love it,its almost to the point where its downright Comical:D

it's all fun and games til someone loses an eye...............i'm gonna burn for that one right?

spoiler1041
Aug 29 2011, 09:04 PM
it's all fun and games til someone loses an eye...............i'm gonna burn for that one right?

Well lets just say switching to agnostic right now couldn't hurt. :)

1fritz
Aug 29 2011, 09:11 PM
Farm 9 released April 7... Farm 10 released June 17. I'd say this weekend Sept 1st. as a guess. :D

al_bundy
Aug 29 2011, 09:14 PM

he is winking ;)

Lora Salter
Aug 29 2011, 09:18 PM
my guess, the update will happen on tuesday august 30, 2011 no later than 10:00pm, i would love to have it before, but i not getting my hopes up (much) anybody else want to guess..

My guess is Sept the 2nd around 11pm EST....because here in the US....we will have a three day weekend.....any one else with a guess

MaryKayM
Aug 29 2011, 09:22 PM
Sept. 4th. That's Sunday and my birthday. All good.

liza1214
Aug 29 2011, 09:25 PM

my guess Friday 2nd sept around 11am!!!

al_bundy
Aug 29 2011, 09:27 PM
This thread has made the record 2535 replies

spoiler1041
Aug 29 2011, 09:29 PM
This thread has made the record 2535 replies

That's because we are all waiting for something. I just can't remember what it is anymore...

Docperk
Aug 29 2011, 09:36 PM
Too bad we don't have a way of having something like an office pool were everyone puts in a little FC and the winner at guess the release date of the next update take the pot.... Course we need to have clear definition of Aussie time or US time... :)

ghostkitten
Aug 29 2011, 09:36 PM
and seriously do you think the devs care what we think?..........They have their money..So the will put out the new release when they feel like it......We can ***** and wine all we want....But as I watch ppl drop off here and on FB drop off like flies ,i know FT isnt like it use to be......and PSS....We are not mushrooms.so please dont keep us in the dark...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

al_bundy
Aug 29 2011, 09:45 PM
and seriously do you think the devs care what we think?..........They have their money..So the will put out the new release when they feel like it......We can ***** and wine all we want....But as I watch ppl drop off here and on FB drop off like flies ,i know FT isnt like it use to be......and PSS....We are not mushrooms.so please dont keep us in the dark...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

the fact that lots of the additions in the game are a result of our requests i think they care :D

spoiler1041
Aug 29 2011, 09:48 PM

Well I do have to admit, you would never find my fields with out crops and for the first time in 2 years mine are empty.

I know the only way to break an addict is take away his drug, it's just usually not the dealer that does it. :)

GOTTA GO LOAD FACILITIES NOW!!!

Taz D
Aug 29 2011, 09:50 PM

:D I was thinking the same thing :p
I was off line because I went to dinner and shopping with my wife...:p

holla
Aug 29 2011, 09:54 PM

WOW, really???SO UNCALLED FOR!

dumb to think they dont care..WHAT??

They Listen, they work kinks pronto!, they fit OUR suggestions into the game, THEY are TOP NOTCH, this is the dumbest post ive ever read,Makes NO Sense, and if u think they dont care--why Play??>...ill tell you THINK People, why arent u a Programmer?..u know the COMPLEXITY of a game like this?..im not but i have sense of what it must involve...I aint getting started--makes me mad post after post, we WANT this, we DESERVE this, we DEMAND this..grow up peeps, its a game--u have the right to play and if u dont wanna play dont!....ALOT of us have spent real $ on this game and BY FAR the ONLY game ill EVER spend real $$ on..RAUL and DEVS are TOP NOTCH!..

Taz D
Aug 29 2011, 09:58 PM
Mine doesn't--and in Firefox, I had to upgrade to the beta 11 release of FP to work correctly. It cann't integrate with Chrome because FP is built into Chrome, not an add-on as it is with Firefox, Safari and IE.... And I cannot imagine that the devs could do anything to fix an issue with Flashplayer....
If you will uninstall FP 11 beta and reinstall current version both through Firefox and Chrome then it will be just fine for the crops. The developers did make a change to the game to fix the vertical text as posted by the moderators about a week after the release of the messed up Flash Player. Believe me or not I don't care either way, but it is true.

ghostkitten
Aug 29 2011, 10:04 PM
WOW, really???SO UNCALLED FOR!

dumb to think they dont care..WHAT??

They Listen, they work kinks pronto!, they fit OUR suggestions into the game, THEY are TOP NOTCH, this is the dumbest post ive ever read,Makes NO Sense, and if u think they dont care--why Play??>...ill tell you THINK People, why arent u a Programmer?..u know the COMPLEXITY of a game like this?..im not but i have sense of what it must involve...I aint getting started--makes me mad post after post, we WANT this, we DESERVE this, we DEMAND this..grow up peeps, its a game--u have the right to play and if u dont wanna play dont!....ALOT of us have spent real $ on this game and BY FAR the ONLY game ill EVER spend real $$ on..RAUL and DEVS are TOP NOTCH!..

Sweetie I've never said " I want I want". never said " I derseve this and I demand that"..Never...And yep I spend real money too..But really 1st we get that Thread with "Name next farms" ..That was a dead giveaway we weren't getting a release....As for the comment about treating us as mushrooms...ONE posts with now THREE words would have halved these posts..."New Release Delayed"....End of story....

holla
Aug 29 2011, 10:23 PM
Sweetie I've never said " I want I want". never said " I derseve this and I demand that"..Never...And yep I spend real money too..But really 1st we get that Thread with "Name next farms" ..That was a dead giveaway we weren't getting a release....As for the comment about treating us as mushrooms...ONE posts with now THREE words would have halved these posts..."New Release Delayed"....End of story....

Ok then people would be complaining and asking WHY it was delayed,..lol

ok yes i understand the point that they SHOULD be considerate because i know alot of them read these post's and i know it would be Good business practice to keep us in the loop, however u know its always been the same way since the beginning--Have they ever let us know about a delay(maybe once)-dont really know but its been the same since the beginning--why change now---YES i think its wrong to not let us know..OK.i agree, But when people get to the point of saying, they dont care, they got our money--ETC....its Absurd..

I bet this game has gone Further than RAUL or the devs ever had plans for originally when it first started-think about it..
Oh and im wondering also how long a game can stay in beta format?..i think they would make even More money putting this game out on a Gaming Console-Playstation,xbox)-that be sweet-id buy it in a sec:D

CaroleSB
Aug 29 2011, 10:31 PM
...........Oh and im wondering also how long a game can stay in beta format?..i think they would make even More money putting this game out on a Gaming Console-Playstation,xbox)-that be sweet-id buy it in a sec:D

A game....or any program.....stays in "beta" until they quit developing it. I kinda hope it never comes out of beta. That being said, I agree that a version for a gaming console or even as a game for PC's would be sweet. Then, we could be "testing" the next beta....always on the cutting edge. :D

driverdave
Aug 29 2011, 10:36 PM
Ok then people would be complaining and asking WHY it was delayed,..lol

ok yes i understand the point that they SHOULD be considerate because i know alot of them read these post's and i know it would be Good business practice to keep us in the loop, however u know its always been the same way since the beginning--Have they ever let us know about a delay(maybe once)-dont really know but its been the same since the beginning--why change now---YES i think its wrong to not let us know..OK.i agree, But when people get to the point of saying, they dont care, they got our money--ETC....its Absurd..

I bet this game has gone Further than RAUL or the devs ever had plans for originally when it first started-think about it..
Oh and im wondering also how long a game can stay in beta format?..i think they would make even More money putting this game out on a Gaming Console-Playstation,xbox)-that be sweet-id buy it in a sec:D

but wouldnt that require cross platform interoperability??? or would those of us that dont have an x-box or whatever just keep playing like we are and have no farmtown contact with our friends that have chosen to play it on consoles???

would it not require huge amounts of re-coding to suit the various platforms???

earlgray
Aug 29 2011, 11:30 PM

A company that does a very good job of keeping people in the dark is Apple. Even the people who work for them don't know much about what's coming out next or when. It doesn't seem to hurt them too much.

They shouldn't have told us farm 11 and more levels were coming out; it just increased the anticipation. Or not. Having been a programmer in a former life, I'm well aware that one can't predict the problems one is going to run into with a new release. But to say they don't care what we think and they'll put out the next release when they feel like it - that's just wrong.

pachipmunk
Aug 29 2011, 11:44 PM
Well..I'll be back playing Farmtown when they are done messing with our heads...What the heck is taking so long on this release...it was posted in July...here it is almost September and we're still waiting...

Taz D
Aug 29 2011, 11:52 PM
Well..I'll be back playing Farmtown when they are done messing with our heads...What the heck is taking so long on this release...it was posted in July...here it is almost September and we're still waiting...
They didn't say when, just that a new farm and levels would be in the next release. :D

beautysmom
Aug 30 2011, 12:17 AM
If you will uninstall FP 11 beta and reinstall current version both through Firefox and Chrome then it will be just fine for the crops. The developers did make a change to the game to fix the vertical text as posted by the moderators about a week after the release of the messed up Flash Player. Believe me or not I don't care either way, but it is true.

Oh? Please point me to that post announcing a fix.... It is not fixed in Chrome, nor will I uninstall the beta 11 version of FP--I couldn't see anything with the vertical 2 or 3 letters.... You are once again (your specialty) being condescending from your (non-moderator) platform....

Ilsewdm
Aug 30 2011, 12:24 AM
Hey, I'm at level 260!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lora Salter
OMG the update is here....

peachy51
I don't know if anybody listed it yet, but I love the way we can remove items from storage (or get them from gifts box) and all of that item is available to place on the farm instead of having to go back for each one (like we used to).

I like that one too ... but I would like to see them make it where we can sell items straight from storage instead of having to plop them on a farm and then sell them. I have scads of dirt path in storage I would like to get rid of, but I am not about to plop each one on a farm and sell them one by one. They could make it like when we sell products to another farmer and we could choose how many we want to sell from our storage.

beautysmom
Aug 30 2011, 12:25 AM
I'm a level 260! Lord help us all!

al_bundy
looks like i win the bet

i said it would be today

now pay up :D:cool:

al_bundy
woo hoo hit 260 in 1 hit

peachy51
Aug 30 2011, 12:26 AM
wooooooo hoooooooo!!!! i love it! now we need to get the release post so we can read about all the new stuff :D

Kath-H
Aug 30 2011, 12:26 AM
New levels are here!

Kath-H
Aug 30 2011, 12:27 AM
But no more farms????

jcassemjr
Aug 30 2011, 12:27 AM
Yes, It's here! It just loaded and I Bought Farm 11! Lever 260!

al_bundy
Aug 30 2011, 12:28 AM
But no more farms????

i just brought f11

there probably still rolling out the update

Witch Hazel
Aug 30 2011, 12:29 AM
OMG!!!!!!! I'm at 260 too!!! whooo hoooo! See ya.....my Realtor is calling!

SunnyD
Aug 30 2011, 12:30 AM
it takes a bit for things to proprigate to all our servers...... yay some updates

SunnyD
it takes a bit for things to propagate to all our servers...... yay some updates

levarti2
yep - at 10:30 pm West Coast time in the states ... I just bought a new tool !!!!! yippee and I'm at level 250.

jayco33
Aug 30 2011, 12:31 AM
And it now shows a time amount until crops and trees are done instead of a percentage. That's one thing I never liked since FT started.

Kath-H
Aug 30 2011, 12:32 AM
I'm level 260 shouldn't I be seeing the new farm?

Taz D
Aug 30 2011, 12:33 AM
Oh? Please point me to that post announcing a fix.... It is not fixed in Chrome, nor will I uninstall the beta 11 version of FP--I couldn't see anything with the vertical 2 or 3 letters.... You are once again (your specialty) being condescending from your (non-moderator) platform....
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4799150#post4799150 Post # 630 in Official Display issues thread in Help and Support if this link does not take you to it correctly.
I am not being condescending I frustrated that you don't believe anything someone tells you. If that is condescending then I am sorry that you feel that way. I am only trying to help. I may not be a moderator but I do know a little bit about computers since I have 40 years experience with them.