PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- July 28th, 2011

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Hornyroo
Jul 31 2011, 01:35 AM
thats what got me confused.. im thinking itll be a gift maybe? reckon we might just need it for the white pizza too

al_bundy
Jul 31 2011, 01:40 AM
Forgot about that. :D I think it would have been mention though in one of the lists of new items if we were going to make it.

if the parmisan cheese is made using our cheese that the dairy facility makes hope thay increase production

Gramma Jan
Jul 31 2011, 02:30 AM
still waiting to produce the products in the facilities.

snakpak
Jul 31 2011, 02:53 AM
brilliant adds
tyvm
soooo glad to see another farm on the way (another 1 or 5 wouldn't go astray) lol
thanks again

debzgiantfarm
Jul 31 2011, 04:11 AM
hi since the last update my mum is having probs with her ft coins they keep dissappering why is this happening

ridgie247
Jul 31 2011, 07:38 AM
Really nice update and glad to see another farm is coming :) Thanks Raul

Had a question and if it's been asked/answered if someone could direct me to the post: The new items for existing facilities that are coming still, that will be available for farmcash, will this be a one time purchase?

parrot38
Jul 31 2011, 07:45 AM
I would highly suggest PAYPAL, its a breeze and its instant once u put the info in, been using PP on ebay for years, and its how i buy ALL my FC..:)

I too have used paypal for years but I do not like the fact that I do not have to sign in when using it on Farmtown to me it means facebook/farmtown must be storing it somewhere and I do NOT like that :(

janisko
Jul 31 2011, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the warning on this, but my farm 10 still has a problem. It is not glowing. I went there and it showed the (F) next to the crops. I did the extended tool box and looked, and lo and behold, it said it was NOT fertilized. So I fertilized, but it is still not glowing. All other farms are glowing properly. This must be a bug......

I noticed what I thought were problems, too. Then I quickly learned that the glowing boxes don't change until you reload the farm.

Jean's Farm
Jul 31 2011, 08:39 AM
First off I love the new updates and am looking forward to the new products coming "in a few days" to the facs. It's kind of fun trying to figure out what will be needed for the new products. :D

The only thing I don't like is the neighbor bar now. I would rather have it back the way it was.....it's hard to find my neighbors now as I knew where they all were on the bar....now I have to hunt for them. Whey do we need to know tho came on first???? :confused:

kahra01
Jul 31 2011, 09:37 AM
I too have used paypal for years but I do not like the fact that I do not have to sign in when using it on Farmtown to me it means facebook/farmtown must be storing it somewhere and I do NOT like that :(

I would check my settings on PP if I were you because I have to actually log into PP EVERY time I use it, including through FT.. I too would be worried if I were you and didnt have to sign in! :eek:

al_bundy
Jul 31 2011, 10:02 AM

Had a question and if it's been asked/answered if someone could direct me to the post: The new items for existing facilities that are coming still, that will be available for farmcash, will this be a one time purchase?

what it means is

raul has given a list of new items that will be available in the facilities that can be purchased with coins and a list of the new items that will be in the farm cash facilities

you wont buy the new products thay will just appear in the respective facilities as thay are implemented.

cougarlady
Jul 31 2011, 10:28 AM
Thank you for the updates!! I cannot wait for the new farm! A blank slate to work with! PLEEEEEEEZE NO MORE SHEEP AND LAHAMAS to be used, lol..I have too many and cannot put them in the buildings! Or could ya expand the storage for those! That would be so great! tytytytyty Loving the game! So totally addicted! =)

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 11:23 AM

I think you are misreading that. The new items will be produced in existing FC facilities. If you have those facilities already then no new purchase will be needed. Same for the coin new items.

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 11:27 AM
I have several merchants that I deal with that have the same thing and no problems. All they get is a code to allow them to complete the transaction without you having to sign in to Paypal. Paypal still sends you a transaction email notice so you know instantly that it has gone through and can dispute it if it is wrong.

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the great updates Raul!! It would be real nice if we could have a list of ingredients for all the new items. Some are easy enough to figure out but others are not. How about it...a list please of ingredients???

ridgie247
Jul 31 2011, 11:54 AM
Taz and Al - thanks for the clarification. :)

Docperk
Jul 31 2011, 12:21 PM
I would check my settings on PP if I were you because I have to actually log into PP EVERY time I use it, including through FT.. I too would be worried if I were you and didnt have to sign in! :eek:

Any specifics on this? I was just checking my settings and don't see anything that specifies this.

thanks

Original Tee
Jul 31 2011, 12:30 PM
4. Belt Dryer (FC): This tool allows you to Start All productions for a product with one click on any of the 8 Drying Facilities:

Chocolate Factory, Coffee Grinder, Spice Factory, Papermill, Instant Food Factory, Drying Facility, Cinnamon Factory and Pasta Factory

Shouldn't the tea factory be included with the belt dryer?

KEKLAOL
Jul 31 2011, 01:17 PM
Is anybody else suddenly having trouble buying and selling to other players? I suddenly have to reload farmtown between every product when I buy.

I am having the same problem. Have to reload also to get anything. Sometimes I cannot click an avatar to offer products. Again have to reload the farms.

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 01:24 PM
I am having the same problem. Have to reload also to get anything. Sometimes I cannot click an avatar to offer products. Again have to reload the farms.
Everybody has this problem. They are aware and working on fixing it.

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 31 2011, 01:35 PM

Hi ,

At the bottom of the first post, Raul said it was a known issue and will be fixed in 1-3 days :)

nguenther
Jul 31 2011, 04:00 PM
HI ALL

I am really hoping for new level upgrades!

Please hurry with these.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/283813_10150268408564820_789709819_7343162_4170161 _n.jpg

Double T Dude Ranch
Jul 31 2011, 04:04 PM
HI ALL

I am really hoping for new level upgrades!

Please hurry with these.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/283813_10150268408564820_789709819_7343162_4170161 _n.jpg

Those will come in the next release Raul said, so since we just had this release, it may be a little bit :)

SunnyD
Jul 31 2011, 07:06 PM
has something changed on the fertilizing? it don't seem the farms are staying for the 71 hours we are supposed to be getting

Hornyroo
Jul 31 2011, 07:10 PM
has something changed on the fertilizing? it don't seem the farms are staying for the 71 hours we are supposed to be getting

i think this has been happening for quite a while, ive had one farm in particular that seems to be running out after only a day or two, not the 71 hours...:(

Caren Katsmom
Jul 31 2011, 07:16 PM
You can see exactly how much fertilizing time is left on a farm, by opening the extended toolbox and touching the tip of your cursor on the Manure Spreader icon. It shows 71 hours when you first fertilize, and the number goes down each hour. The only problem with this (a glitch) that they need to fix, is that when you get under one hour remaining, the minutes remaining display as hours instead of minutes.

kahra01
Jul 31 2011, 07:39 PM
Any specifics on this? I was just checking my settings and don't see anything that specifies this.

thanks

Im not sure myself Docperk to be honest with you.. I could only guess you can check these.. did you go to the PayPal site itself? I just find it bizzare that you dont need to sign in! As soon as I want to buy an item for cash and the box comes up to ask how much I want.. I click on the one for example.. 55 farm cash.. then it asks me how I want to pay, so I click on PayPal.. and it takes me to the sign in page straight away. My email sign in field has my email in it.. but the password field is blank and I have to type it in every time, with out fail.. thats why I assumed it had something to do with settings in PayPal. I really hope you can find out something, or change something, as it must be such a concern! :( Good luck! :)

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 07:52 PM
Im not sure myself Docperk to be honest with you.. I could only guess you can check these.. did you go to the PayPal site itself? I just find it bizzare that you dont need to sign in! As soon as I want to buy an item for cash and the box comes up to ask how much I want.. I click on the one for example.. 55 farm cash.. then it asks me how I want to pay, so I click on PayPal.. and it takes me to the sign in page straight away. My email sign in field has my email in it.. but the password field is blank and I have to type it in every time, with out fail.. thats why I assumed it had something to do with settings in PayPal. I really hope you can find out something, or change something, as it must be such a concern! :( Good luck! :)
Kahra, how many times have you bought Farm Cash since the change to having to buy credits? Also is the email address you use for Paypal one of the email addresses you have registered with Facebook to use?

SeaJay
Jul 31 2011, 07:54 PM

My suggestion is to go to FB Accounts tab...click on credits and under payments method, click manage..then remove pay pal from the box so that when you go to purchase credits they will have to ask you all this info...be sure to look for something that says "Do you want FB to store this info" or something like that. It may not be there. I'm just guessing from experience with other types of things like this.

Penelope Fielding
Jul 31 2011, 08:08 PM
I can't believe this...only yesterday I was asking for a way to tell how much you had in storage of different items, without having to go through the whole list in storage!!

This was sooner said than done!! You have made me happy as a clam!!

Penelope Fielding
Jul 31 2011, 08:09 PM
I can't believe this...only yesterday I was asking for a way to tell how much you had in storage of different items, without having to go through the whole list in storage!!

This was sooner said than done!! You have made me happy as a clam!!:):)

:):):):):):):):)

Docperk
Jul 31 2011, 08:34 PM

Well it looks like it is more of a FB problem. I looked all over the PayPal site and and only thing I could find was and option to remove my email address but since I only had one email address it would not let me do that. I I found in FB account settings that a place in Account Settings where it would be feeding my email address once again it would not allow me to remove it. I started looking at the help and got a in a loop of going through an option to fill out a form for help which just takes me back to the Q&A page. I never had this problem until we switched to FB credits. I guess I will keep looking.

thanks

1fritz
Jul 31 2011, 08:36 PM
Kahra, how many times have you bought Farm Cash since the change to having to buy credits? Also is the email address you use for Paypal one of the email addresses you have registered with Facebook to use?

I can't find Docperks original post, but the same thing just happened to me, I clicked on purchase $250 farm cash for $39.90 I said yes and it happened instantly, no sign in required. Seems odd since this is the second time I purchased Farmcash since the credits thing took effect. The first time I did have to sign in like always. This time somehow it just did it. Not sure I like this. Going to follow the suggestion and check account setting. But...wanted to leyt you know it's happening to others as well.

Fritz

kahra01
Jul 31 2011, 08:36 PM

Yes I have purchased quite a few times since the change Taz, and luckily I still have to sign in each time, which Im more than happy with! The email addy I use for PP is the alternative email I use for FB. I have noticed though that when I purchased stuff for my daughters account, I add my details to her account in the account tab.. do the purchase, then I deleted the details, as SeaJay just suggested. When I click to purchase FC through the FT buy credits tab, it just takes me straight to PP and I do it from there and I have no problem. I have no details entered in my FB account for purchases. I find it all confusing to be honest.. but at the end of the day.. even with the change over, I still buy through the FT buy credits tab, it takes me to PP and I purchase as I always have so its like nothing has changed for me.. it only changes if I want to buy FC for my husband or daughters farm.. then i have to do it through their FB accounts as my credit card is not registered to them through PP which is the only one I use for purchasing. LMAO.. clear as mud? coz it sure confuses me at times lol :)

Docperk
Jul 31 2011, 08:37 PM
My suggestion is to go to FB Accounts tab...click on credits and under payments method, click manage..then remove pay pal from the box so that when you go to purchase credits they will have to ask you all this info...be sure to look for something that says "Do you want FB to store this info" or something like that. It may not be there. I'm just guessing from experience with other types of things like this.

I was just trying that and it does not allow me do it.

kahra01
Jul 31 2011, 08:48 PM
I can't find Docperks original post, but the same thing just happened to me, I clicked on purchase $250 farm cash for $39.90 I said yes and it happened instantly, no sign in required. Seems odd since this is the second time I purchased Farmcash since the credits thing took effect. The first time I did have to sign in like always. This time somehow it just did it. Not sure I like this. Going to follow the suggestion and check account setting. But...wanted to leyt you know it's happening to others as well.

Fritz

Yikes Fritz, you are busy lol. I know Slashkey had to change everything to comply with FB rules but gee.. it worked perfectly when S/key were the organisers of it.. hand it over to FB and look what happens!

Docperks... This procedure just really worries me. My brother once worked in the Fraud team at a major bank here so Im always on the back foot when it comes to something like this so I really do feel ur concern. I understand everyone's concerns about FB having your credit card details and really having no control over its security.. ie : not having to enter a password each time to authorise a transaction and it seems ur not the only one its happening to! If it was managable for unscrupulous hackers to hack into Sony computers and thousands of customers credit card details were stolen and used.. what safeguard do we have with a social networking system having our details? "shudders" lol. Taz is very cluey with these sorts of things.. hopefully he can answer some of these questions and set minds at ease. I dont purchase through FB for my FT account.. as im a lot more trusting of PayPal. I hope they never take away the option to pay through PayPal! :eek:

mcdaddie
Jul 31 2011, 09:17 PM
I just tried to remove my payment method from FaceBook and it would not allow me to do the remove. NOW I AM WORRIED!! This problem needs to be taken up with FaceBook now.

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 09:36 PM
Yikes Fritz, you are busy lol. I know Slashkey had to change everything to comply with FB rules but gee.. it worked perfectly when S/key were the organisers of it.. hand it over to FB and look what happens!

Docperks... This procedure just really worries me. My brother once worked in the Fraud team at a major bank here so Im always on the back foot when it comes to something like this so I really do feel ur concern. I understand everyone's concerns about FB having your credit card details and really having no control over its security.. ie : not having to enter a password each time to authorise a transaction and it seems ur not the only one its happening to! If it was managable for unscrupulous hackers to hack into Sony computers and thousands of customers credit card details were stolen and used.. what safeguard do we have with a social networking system having our details? "shudders" lol. Taz is very cluey with these sorts of things.. hopefully he can answer some of these questions and set minds at ease. I dont purchase through FB for my FT account.. as im a lot more trusting of PayPal. I hope they never take away the option to pay through PayPal! :eek:
To clarify a couple things, when you purchase through FT Buy Cash tab you still are purchasing FB credits through Facebook and on to Paypal to complete that transaction. The only difference is you are purchasing exactly the amount of credits you need to buy the selected. I have bought both ways.
The first time I bought after July 1st, I had to sign into Paypal to complete the transaction. Since then I have not because a Pre-Approved Payment is set-up for Facebook. This has a Billing ID number that Facebook uses (not your email address and password) to bill your Paypal account. You can find this if you go to your Paypal Profile, click the More Options and then on the left side click on My Money. Bottom of the list is Preapproved Payments. Don't delete the one from Facebook as it will take a while to fix this if you do.
Keep in mind that Facebook does not have your email address and password for your Paypal. Instead they have a Billing ID that allows them to charge your account. When a transaction is completed Paypal always imediately sends you an email receipt for that transaction as a protection for you.
The only way I see around this is as said to delete (remove) Paypal from your Payment Methods in Credits Balance or through Account Settings, Payments Tab. The only problem with doing this is you will have to remove every time you make a purchase.

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 09:42 PM
I just tried to remove my payment method from FaceBook and it would not allow me to do the remove. NOW I AM WORRIED!! This problem needs to be taken up with FaceBook now.
I just checked that too and you are right. Looks like unless you add another method then they won't let you remove a payment method if it is the only one you have listed.

Kahra you say you do not have any payment method listed with Facebook in your account?

kahra01
Jul 31 2011, 10:02 PM
I just checked that too and you are right. Looks like unless you add another method then they won't let you remove a payment method if it is the only one you have listed.

Kahra you say you do not have any payment method listed with Facebook in your account?

Oh thanks so much for your previous thread Taz.. i went and looked in my PalPay profile and yes Facebook Ireland is listed there as a pre autho'd thing and shows all the transactions I have made.. thanks for telling me how to do all that.. your knowledge is much appreciated :)

lol and yes.. in the payment tab in FB.. there is no payment method listed.. no credit card details filled in.. all fields are blank. I havent actually bought any facebook credits through that tab though.. its always been through the FT tab and PayPal when I buy credits. When I click on the tab in FT to buy credits.. it brings the box up, I click how many credits I want and then click I want to purchase through PP and it takes me to the sign in page of PayPal.. i sign in.. the page shows Ive clicked for ex amount of FC for FT, I click ok... it shows me the summary and I click ok and transaction done... then directed back to my farm and have the cash. Now that is with MY account so its like nothing has really changed from the old way ???. Like I said.. if i buy for my daughter.. i have to go through her facebook tab.. I fill in the details of my card and all that. So I just dont know how Im able to buy all the fc i do when my details arent actually listed in my facebook account tab??? Sorry to pick on you for this knowledge.. but ur the one that seems to understand it the most lol. Thanks Taz, appreciate your time on this! :)

Oh Taz Im so sorry for the confusion! "I had no problem doing through pal pay because I was using it for my daughters account and I did enter the details through the FB tab" lol well that was because I used the Visa Method!!.. then deleted it afterwards... where I got confused is that I actually sent premium items to my account from hers as gifts.. hence why I thought I had bought FC through PP! I recalled using PP but that was for the purpose of approving a bank account on it so I could buy items on a different card.. dur me, i thought i went in there to buy FC. my mistake. oddly Im not always this silly lmao. Guess I have to add these details now!! thanks so much for helping me x

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 10:23 PM
Oh thanks so much for your previous thread Taz.. i went and looked in my PalPay profile and yes Facebook Ireland is listed there as a pre autho'd thing and shows all the transactions I have made.. thanks for telling me how to do all that.. your knowledge is much appreciated :)

lol and yes.. in the payment tab in FB.. there is no payment method listed.. no credit card details filled in.. all fields are blank. I havent actually bought any facebook credits through that tab though.. its always been through the FT tab and PayPal when I buy credits. When I click on the tab in FT to buy credits.. it brings the box up, I click how many credits I want and then click I want to purchase through PP and it takes me to the sign in page of PayPal.. i sign in.. the page shows Ive clicked for ex amount of FC for FT, I click ok... it shows me the summary and I click ok and transaction done... then directed back to my farm and have the cash. Now that is with MY account so its like nothing has really changed from the old way ???. Like I said.. if i buy for my daughter.. i have to go through her facebook tab.. I fill in the details of my card and all that. So I just dont know how Im able to buy all the fc i do when my details arent actually listed in my facebook account tab??? Sorry to pick on you for this knowledge.. but ur the one that seems to understand it the most lol. Thanks Taz, appreciate your time on this! :)

Payments SettingsCredits BalanceBuy MoreChanges savedYou have 0 credits for purchasing premium items and playing games.Credits Purchase HistoryViewChanges savedView your recent purchases of Facebook Credits.Payment MethodsManageChanges savedYou do not have any funding sources saved.Preferred CurrencyEditChanges savedCurrencies will be shown and purchased as Australian Dollar. << copied and pasted the summary.. so i have no details in there at all.... yet im still buy FC through paypal and no problem! bizzare!
Wow. I am wondering if you are in Australia, why you have a Facebook Ireland preapproved payment. Is your daughter in Ireland?
It could be because you are outside the US that your are required to approve each transaction.
WHen you say fill in the card information when buying for your daughter are you using a credit card for her purchases rather than Paypal?

kahra01
Jul 31 2011, 10:34 PM
Wow. I am wondering if you are in Australia, why you have a Facebook Ireland preapproved payment. Is your daughter in Ireland?
It could be because you are outside the US that your are required to approve each transaction.
WHen you say fill in the card information when buying for your daughter are you using a credit card for her purchases rather than Paypal?

lol this is what I edited on the other post... and you were spot on in ur assumption...

Oh Taz Im so sorry for the confusion! "I had no problem doing through pal pay because I was using it for my daughters account and I did enter the details through the FB tab" lol well that was because I used the Visa Method!!.. then deleted it afterwards... where I got confused is that I actually sent premium items to my account from hers as gifts.. hence why I thought I had bought FC through PP! I recalled using PP but that was for the purpose of approving a bank account on it so I could buy items on a different card.. dur me, i thought i went in there to buy FC. my mistake. oddly Im not always this silly lmao. Guess I have to add these details now!! thanks so much for helping me x

Yes Im in Australia.. and I thought it was odd that it was FB Ireland.. but maybe as you say.. its because Im outside of the US.. should this concern me do you think? not much i could do about it I guess lol

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 10:39 PM
lol this is what I edited on the other post... and you were spot on in ur assumption...

Yes Im in Australia.. and I thought it was odd that it was FB Ireland.. but maybe as you say.. its because Im outside of the US.. should this concern me do you think? not much i could do about it I guess lol
Ok. I wouldn't be concerned about it. Probably if you do use Paypal it will end up for you just like ours is. :D

By the way notice Raul is on....hoping this means they have added the new products.:D

kahra01
Jul 31 2011, 10:45 PM
Ok. I wouldn't be concerned about it. Probably if you do use Paypal it will end up for you just like ours is. :D

By the way notice Raul is on....hoping this means they have added the new products.:D

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help.. youve been fantastic. Its all clear to me now and I have entered the details in my FB account and now have 1 payment method in place lmao. Now PP wont have a hissy fit like it just did when i went to test the theory and buy FC.. oddly as you can imagine.. it didnt let me haha.. but i reckon you kinda knew that would happen! Your explanation makes me feel safer about the security measures. the card im using only ever maxes at a few hundred and I only use it for the purpose of online purchasing.. that way I guess I dont lose too much if anything goes wrong lol. I do however feel better about it all now! thanks heaps for that! blowing you a virtual kiss on the cheek! thank god its clear in my head now lmao

woo hoo.. ive been hanging out too to see the new products for the facilities, luckily i had already pre grown alot of the new crops and trees etc so I hope I can get to work on it.. gotta love the devs on here hey!!

pachipmunk
Jul 31 2011, 10:50 PM
So when could we possibly see the next release? I'm still having problems figuring out what the 'stored amount' is. Got a reply from my previous question but no where can I find it..ty

Hornyroo
Jul 31 2011, 11:14 PM
grr he poofed again, and no new goodies.. :( hell be back, im sure of it :P

Original Tee
Jul 31 2011, 11:16 PM
So when could we possibly see the next release? I'm still having problems figuring out what the 'stored amount' is. Got a reply from my previous question but no where can I find it..ty

if you look at the picture of the post by Jas on page 19 of this thread you will see a box that shows when you hover over the seeds. it tells you how many of that crop you have in storage. hope this helps you.

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 11:25 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help.. youve been fantastic. Its all clear to me now and I have entered the details in my FB account and now have 1 payment method in place lmao. Now PP wont have a hissy fit like it just did when i went to test the theory and buy FC.. oddly as you can imagine.. it didnt let me haha.. but i reckon you kinda knew that would happen! Your explanation makes me feel safer about the security measures. the card im using only ever maxes at a few hundred and I only use it for the purpose of online purchasing.. that way I guess I dont lose too much if anything goes wrong lol. I do however feel better about it all now! thanks heaps for that! blowing you a virtual kiss on the cheek! thank god its clear in my head now lmao

woo hoo.. ive been hanging out too to see the new products for the facilities, luckily i had already pre grown alot of the new crops and trees etc so I hope I can get to work on it.. gotta love the devs on here hey!!
Your welcome. I am not sure who you confused more...me or you...:D Glad it is all straight now.

kahra01
Jul 31 2011, 11:45 PM
Your welcome. I am not sure who you confused more...me or you...:D Glad it is all straight now.

LOL You must've been more confused because I was clueless and you know all the facts! trying to decipher my clueless ramblings is no easy mission I'm sure! bahahaha... :) ah but now for the rest of our update.. oh Im so impatient I know.. not addicted though... MUCH! hehe :) :eek:

Taz D
Jul 31 2011, 11:50 PM
LOL You must've been more confused because I was clueless and you know all the facts! trying to decipher my clueless ramblings is no easy mission I'm sure! bahahaha... :) ah but now for the rest of our update.. oh Im so impatient I know.. not addicted though... MUCH! hehe :) :eek:
I agree as I am just as impatient for the new products too. Unfortunately I think it will be at least tomorrow night before it happens. That gives them one workday to get them installed.
Maybe it is time you paid a visit to the FTAA in the Social section for your addiction denial....:D

Ellen Betty Nelson
Aug 01 2011, 12:06 AM
When are we gonna get the ability to use one item for different things. Now we can use grapes for dried or for juice, but what about the peach tree.
You have it for seeds, and for the canned peaches, Well, my grandma would have peeled the peaches and then cut the seeds out and used both the seed and the fruit. Why is the game set up to use either the seed or the fruit?
There are other examples of this, like all of the fruit trees can also be used for lumber for making things. Applewood and Pecan makes a beautiful bowl, Also, walnut.

And [about to get killed for this one] but how long do the trees last before you have to replant the field of trees [or flowers]? OOOOppps did I start something?

kahra01
Aug 01 2011, 12:23 AM
I agree as I am just as impatient for the new products too. Unfortunately I think it will be at least tomorrow night before it happens. That gives them one workday to get them installed.
Maybe it is time you paid a visit to the FTAA in the Social section for your addiction denial....:D

LMAO that sounds like a great way to fill in the time before our addiction is fed.. hehehe :eek::p

Taz D
Aug 01 2011, 12:28 AM
When are we gonna get the ability to use one item for different things. Now we can use grapes for dried or for juice, but what about the peach tree.
You have it for seeds, and for the canned peaches, Well, my grandma would have peeled the peaches and then cut the seeds out and used both the seed and the fruit. Why is the game set up to use either the seed or the fruit?
There are other examples of this, like all of the fruit trees can also be used for lumber for making things. Applewood and Pecan makes a beautiful bowl, Also, walnut.

And [about to get killed for this one] but how long do the trees last before you have to replant the field of trees [or flowers]? OOOOppps did I start something?
Peaches get used for 6 different items. Click on the green question mark for peaches in your storage and you will see all the items to be made with peaches.

kahra01
Aug 01 2011, 12:34 AM
as I sit at my study desk, bashing my forehead on the desk and fist pounding and wailing away.... pleaseeeeee raul do the products release.. I cant stand it anymore.. save my sanity..........

ok.. im all good now.. its sorted! will have to wait until tomorrow I guess... i hate it when i have to resort to real life! :eek::eek::eek:

Taz D
Aug 01 2011, 12:36 AM
as I sit at my study desk, bashing my forehead on the desk and fist pounding and wailing away.... pleaseeeeee raul do the products release.. I cant stand it anymore.. save my sanity..........

ok.. im all good now.. its sorted! will have to wait until tomorrow I guess... i hate it when i have to resort to real life! :eek::eek::eek:
No...not RL...join us in Social section...lose the rest of your sanity there...:D

Jannie2629
Aug 01 2011, 12:43 AM
Woo Hoo First reply

Thanks raul

Your request re "layering" duly noted. No questions asked form me!! I don't believe in layering crops - causes problems and slows things down, make farms difficult to load, look ugly and is not necessary. I am level 235 and progressing easily through the levels without having to layer crops TYVM.:(

max_river
Aug 01 2011, 12:51 AM
i love the way my layered farms look thank dev for giving us the option to do it.

al_bundy
Aug 01 2011, 01:01 AM

you dont replant the trees they just keep on growing

Madam Hooch
Aug 01 2011, 01:20 AM
Hi ,

At the bottom of the first post, Raul said it was a known issue and will be fixed in 1-3 days :)
This problem goes further than just buying products. If you send a hire request after selling to a neighbour they also have to reload to receive it. Just thought the developers should be aware of this part of the problem too.

kahra01
Aug 01 2011, 01:22 AM
No...not RL...join us in Social section...lose the rest of your sanity there...:D

LMAO I really must join you.. saves us going so off topic on here.. good idea and will be with like minded people!! bahahaha.. see you there!! :D

HelenJS22
Aug 01 2011, 01:44 AM

LOL - I wonder how many products there would be in farm town if every product suggested by everyone was incorporated into the game :eek:

thunders storm
Aug 01 2011, 01:56 AM
thanks a lot.. it helps to understand my so "many whys and how is it" in my mind..
thank you!! :-)

al_bundy
Aug 01 2011, 02:14 AM
cant wait for the new products i have orders piling up for rhubarb pie (-:

now rhubarb & Custard Pie would be just sensational yummmm

crhine
Aug 01 2011, 04:43 AM
When will the new products be put in to the facilities?

HelenJS22
Aug 01 2011, 05:04 AM
When will the new products be put in to the facilities?

Those of us who have been playing from the very early days of Farm Town have learned never to guesstimate or to hold our breath waiting for any of the upgraded promises :D What we do know is that what Raul promises, he delivers and that it will be here when it's here :D

jkbussard
Aug 01 2011, 05:19 AM
under your farms on farmtown it shows people that have sent gifts or want you to visit their farm, how can you hide this?

Tony D
Aug 01 2011, 05:28 AM
under your farms on farmtown it shows people that have sent gifts or want you to visit their farm, how can you hide this?Hi, sorry but you cannot hide it

Hornyroo
Aug 01 2011, 05:41 AM
Those of us who have been playing from the very early days of Farm Town have learned never to guesstimate or to hold our breath waiting for any of the upgraded promises :D What we do know is that what Raul promises, he delivers and that it will be here when it's here :D

Heheheheh, if the newer players only knew what we all went through, like waiting for those new trees or flowers that said "Comming Soon"(not my spelling;) for months...... :D

Johan De Pla
Aug 01 2011, 06:44 AM
Well in the mean time we know that those new things are arriving and we can already plant what we need. Once they are there we can use them immediately in the facilities. So it's quite nice to be able to work towards a goal.

KEKLAOL
Aug 01 2011, 06:58 AM

Fritz
I have 3 charges on Paypal from Facebook which I did not apply for. I am fighting FB. Talked to paypal and it seems FB has it set up that once you buy from them you are agreeing to their contract and you don't have to sign in to paypal ever again. FB just gets your money without you authorizing it. Never had these problems with FARMTOWN. Not sure what facebook is doing but I am going to keep a close eye on this.
I am not a happy camper.

Ellen Betty Nelson
Aug 01 2011, 07:01 AM
Peaches get used for 6 different items. Click on the green question mark for peaches in your storage and you will see all the items to be made with peaches.

Yes, but.... the question is each thing used counts as 1 peach harvested.
I asked why each peach could not be used as 1 seed +1 fruit, because in real life you get the seed + the fruit from each peach, [plus I think the old folks used to use the peelings--skin for the wine making].

And another one is on the pines. Why is the 'big pines' counted the very same as the regular pines when cut and sold? The big pines should be getting more in value because they should have more 'board feet' for each tree.

Have I confused everyone sufficiently? ....Yet?
Thanks for hearing me out.

You do have a great game here and I really do appreciate you guys for making it for me, [us]. I am very addicted to it. Don't know what I'dd do without it. [Maybe, I might get caught sweeping the floor occasionally, or maybe even visiting the 'real' neighbors], Ha, Ha

jkbussard
Aug 01 2011, 07:26 AM
I got several replies about the problem with the names of everyone that sends you a gift and wants you to send one back or visit them on the bottom of the farmtown screen making it hard to see you whole farm screen.n Can't find anyone that has answered this problem and how to hide or get rid of it.

slimpat
Aug 01 2011, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by parrot38
I too have used paypal for years but I do not like the fact that I do not have to sign in when using it on Farmtown to me it means facebook/farmtown must be storing it somewhere and I do NOT like that

I just called Paypal and they walked me through canceling the fact that you do not have to sign in to paypal each time i buy something frm fb/ft I now have to sign in each time. thought you all might like to know this

Grumpa
Aug 01 2011, 08:13 AM
I got several replies about the problem with the names of everyone that sends you a gift and wants you to send one back or visit them on the bottom of the farmtown screen making it hard to see you whole farm screen.n Can't find anyone that has answered this problem and how to hide or get rid of it.

You Can't hide or get rid of them.

SunnyD
Aug 01 2011, 08:20 AM
I have 3 charges on Paypal from Facebook which I did not apply for. I am fighting FB. Talked to paypal and it seems FB has it set up that once you buy from them you are agreeing to their contract and you don't have to sign in to paypal ever again. FB just gets your money without you authorizing it. Never had these problems with FARMTOWN. Not sure what facebook is doing but I am going to keep a close eye on this.
I am not a happy camper.

see i was so afraid of this...that is why i plan to be at Walmart the day i get paid and will purchase a Facebook Credit card.....I can't afford to have my bank account compromised......

slimpat
Aug 01 2011, 08:23 AM

Just call PP and they will talk you through removing the auto log in so that you have to log in each time. I just did.

Taz D
Aug 01 2011, 08:28 AM
I too have used paypal for years but I do not like the fact that I do not have to sign in when using it on Farmtown to me it means facebook/farmtown must be storing it somewhere and I do NOT like that

I just called Paypal and they walked me through canceling the fact that you do not have to sign in to paypal each time i buy something frm fb/ft I now have to sign in each time. thought you all might like to know this
Just to add to this. I cancelled the one for my wife and it took a month and an email form to Facebook to get it back where she could use Paypal. So cancelling this may not be such a good idea. Watching your Paypal account is a good idea all the time.

Buffycat
Aug 01 2011, 08:55 AM
Still not able to buy more than one product from someone before reloading, and at the marketplace, I could not see hire requests at all, also even on a farm, if someone had been invited to go water/rake/etc another farm, they could not see the hire or sell requests. Also confirmation that someone accepted my hire request also did not show up.

diannevt
Aug 01 2011, 09:33 AM
Love all the new stuff however.....
Please take the crops that are about to be usable off the non-ingredients tab. (whimper) I planted artichokes, cauliflower & zucchini so that I would have them in stock when I was able to use them but didn't think about the fact that they were still non-ingredients when I went to market to sell. All gone. :(

Caren Katsmom
Aug 01 2011, 09:41 AM
There's now a glitch in the Facilities Manager screen. When the update first came out, I don't remember having this problem; but it's been there for the past day or two at least. The question mark (?) that gives information about our Diversification Rank is now located directly in the middle of, and over, the place we click to choose All Farms or Current Farm, etc. Every time I try to change this sorting choice, the information screen pops up instead. I have to try several times, carefully placing my cursor to try to avoid hitting the (?) and getting the drop-down menu to display instead. :eek:

Please fix this glitch ASAP.. just as you promptly fixed a similar display problem with the information bubbles over icons in the Store. :)

StoneFace
Aug 01 2011, 09:42 AM
Love all the new stuff however.....
Please take the crops that are about to be usable off the non-ingredients tab. (whimper) I planted artichokes, cauliflower & zucchini so that I would have them in stock when I was able to use them but didn't think about the fact that they were still non-ingredients when I went to market to sell. All gone. :(

If you are interested in keeping them (items like the Red Maple Sap, Rhubarb, Lentils etc.... you can do the following

- Go to the market as if you were going to sell inventory.

- Click the prompt "Show me your prices"

- When your inventories open, go through them all and CHECK the box of all the items you do NOT want and have NO NEED for.

- then ... you sell only... ONLY the products which you selected - SELL SELECTED.

- Do NOT go to the Non-ingredients pull down to sell stuff.... you will lose the new products, and many others (for example, the Grouper which was useless before, but will be used in a fish facility shortly).

- Periodically, after you sell at the market using the SELL SELECTED, you can also "SELL HALF" of things you have too much of.

Taz D
Aug 01 2011, 09:51 AM
There's now a glitch in the Facilities Manager screen. When the update first came out, I don't remember having this problem; but it's been there for the past day or two at least. The question mark (?) that gives information about our Diversification Rank is now located directly in the middle of, and over, the place we click to choose All Farms or Current Farm, etc. Every time I try to change this sorting choice, the information screen pops up instead. I have to try several times, carefully placing my cursor to try to avoid hitting the (?) and getting the drop-down menu to display instead. :eek:

Please fix this glitch ASAP.. just as you promptly fixed a similar display problem with the information bubbles over icons in the Store. :)
My question mark is just to the left of the filter. It is very small but not on top of the filter selector.
This is new which might indicate they are about to release something more on the diversity.

Caren Katsmom
Aug 01 2011, 10:05 AM
My question mark is just to the left of the filter. It is very small but not on top of the filter selector.
This is new which might indicate they are about to release something more on the diversity.

That's interesting, Taz. I just assumed that the (?) was appearing in the same place for all players. I know for sure that it wasn't a problem before the recent update (on my computer), and I haven't changed any display settings recently. The filter selector icons are now overlapping my number for Best, so apparently there's no room now to show my (?) to the left of the filter selector. I have the same problem in windowed mode and full screen mode.

I hope others will report here if they have the same display problem that I do. I use Google Chrome on a laptop with the Windows 7 OS... server WF32 (recently changed to this one, and not happy about it). My farms are linked to the forums, so maybe a moderator could check to see if my FM display problem appears when they check on a different computer?

Ellen Betty Nelson
Aug 01 2011, 10:34 AM

Hey, I like it where it is, I really appreciate it being there. I can send presents to more than the 26 that is the limit on presents from the regular 'send' box.
If you take this away from us then at least take away the limit from the 'send gifts' area, which would not be a bad way to do things.
I don't send gifts to 'everyone', of my friends, because not all of my friends [or even farming friends] send gifts back, and that would really mess up the game. To have so many gifts in the system. But we do need a way to send gifts to at least the people who work or send us gifts. This is basic appreciation and this country needs more of this 'attitude'.

Thanks again for giving us a great game.

CSLewis
Aug 01 2011, 10:43 AM
That's interesting, Taz. I just assumed that the (?) was appearing in the same place for all players. I know for sure that it wasn't a problem before the recent update (on my computer), and I haven't changed any display settings recently. The filter selector icons are now overlapping my number for Best, so apparently there's no room now to show my (?) to the left of the filter selector. I have the same problem in windowed mode and full screen mode.

I hope others will report here if they have the same display problem that I do. I use Google Chrome on a laptop with the Windows 7 OS... server WF32 (recently changed to this one, and not happy about it). My farms are linked to the forums, so maybe a moderator could check to see if my FM display problem appears when they check on a different computer?

Caren,

Empty some of your finished products and it will move back to the left. When you have too many done the extra digit moves the question mark over. I noticed it as well but when I emptied items it moved the ? back to the right place.

Caren Katsmom
Aug 01 2011, 11:01 AM
Caren,

Empty some of your finished products and it will move back to the left. When you have too many done the extra digit moves the question mark over. I noticed it as well but when I emptied items it moved the ? back to the right place.

I see what you mean, and I'll try that. It did occur to me that my Best rank number went to another digit (over 10,000) after purchasing new facilities in the recent update... and that is probably contributing to my display problem. If that's the case.. and if you're right, too... then it is a glitch for the developers to fix.

Grumpa
Aug 01 2011, 11:05 AM
Hey, I like it where it is, I really appreciate it being there. I can send presents to more than the 26 that is the limit on presents from the regular 'send' box.
If you take this away from us then at least take away the limit from the 'send gifts' area, which would not be a bad way to do things.
I don't send gifts to 'everyone', of my friends, because not all of my friends [or even farming friends] send gifts back, and that would really mess up the game. To have so many gifts in the system. But we do need a way to send gifts to at least the people who work or send us gifts. This is basic appreciation and this country needs more of this 'attitude'.

Send gifts was said to be a facebook limit.

sjames79
Aug 01 2011, 11:55 AM
I am amused at myself... I check my facilities several times each day to see if they have added any of the new items (i.e. maple syrup, etc) and implemented the next wave of the new release. I planted all of the crops that were non-facility before just to be ready, added the Red Mable and Pistachio trees, and have not sold any of the non-ingredient items since a few days before the new release. So I am as prepared as I can be... now just waiting and anticipating the new updates. Just a little funny that I am this way about this silly game... but I am and it is what it is! Thanks for making the game a lot of fun and entertaining.

plbright
Aug 01 2011, 01:29 PM
I am amused at myself... I check my facilities several times each day to see if they have added any of the new items (i.e. maple syrup, etc) and implemented the next wave of the new release. I planted all of the crops that were non-facility before just to be ready, added the Red Mable and Pistachio trees, and have not sold any of the non-ingredient items since a few days before the new release. So I am as prepared as I can be... now just waiting and anticipating the new updates. Just a little funny that I am this way about this silly game... but I am and it is what it is! Thanks for making the game a lot of fun and entertaining.

You are SOOOO not alone!!! :D

Ilsewdm
Aug 01 2011, 02:32 PM
Send gifts was said to be a facebook limit.

When I send gifts, I click on 26 neighbors and "send". When my farm starts to open, I go right back to "send gifts", click on the next 26 neighbors on the list, send, and so on until all neighbors have disappeared from the list. I usually send twice a day to about 70 neighbors.:D

SunnyD
Aug 01 2011, 02:41 PM
wow the disconnects are horrible today............... wonder if they are doing something to the game??

StoneFace
Aug 01 2011, 02:46 PM
maybe

after all they did say in a few days.....

and we all know that a few days means a few days..... right....?? right ...?
..... right??

SeaJay
Aug 01 2011, 02:48 PM
Hi, sorry but you cannot hide it

This would be the most awesomest of places to put peoples facilities posts!! Click, click, click...done!!! No rumaging through I bought this or made that level or send me this or bonuses...STRAIGHT to the facility work!!!

SeaJay
Aug 01 2011, 02:53 PM

open up your store and hover over the picture of the seed.....and read!!

Chelly Jelly
Aug 01 2011, 03:27 PM
I guess "3. 22 New products for existing facilities: (Coming in the next few days)" probably means "in few weeks"?

Kath-H
Aug 01 2011, 03:35 PM

Make friends lists while just in Facebook - I have different ones for people who exchange gifts, like to work facilities etc. Then I just pick that list before sending gifts or a work request.

Also, if you go to send gifts, you can select the correct list, then send 26 gifts - then just go back there and you can send another 26. Just keep each batch in bounds.

gumballs678
Aug 01 2011, 03:50 PM
I guess "3. 22 New products for existing facilities: (Coming in the next few days)" probably means "in few weeks"?

It could, but FT has been acting up all day, so we could get the new products tonight or tomorrow. Or I could be way off and we wait a few weeks.

kosp41302
Aug 01 2011, 03:59 PM
hope its not a few weeks! hope its this week.

maggiel29
Aug 01 2011, 04:05 PM
hope its not a few weeks! hope its this week.

Me too - going into hospital in two weeks to have surgery on my right hand - please let me have some fun with the new stuff before I cant do anything! Although I am such an addict I am sure I will learn to use my left hand on the mouse : )

maggiel29
Aug 01 2011, 04:07 PM

My ? has shrunk too Taz - only noticed when you pointed it out! Maybe they ARE up to something.

maggiel29
Aug 01 2011, 04:08 PM

No def NOT alone!!!!

Docperk
Aug 01 2011, 04:33 PM
I am not a happy camper.

I didn't have any charges made but a concern that there maybe. So I wrote FB and was given the answer that if I do not want to delete and re-add my PayPal account every time I make a purchase then I could buy Facebook gift cards.

This is not acceptable.

SunnyD
Aug 01 2011, 04:45 PM
Me too - going into hospital in two weeks to have surgery on my right hand - please let me have some fun with the new stuff before I cant do anything! Although I am such an addict I am sure I will learn to use my left hand on the mouse : )

you will....... i did i broke two fingers and had to use my left hand for weeks lol i am good with it too....... although harvesting flowers that was a challenge lol

tnbskts
Aug 01 2011, 05:21 PM
I have several merchants that I deal with that have the same thing and no problems. All they get is a code to allow them to complete the transaction without you having to sign in to Paypal. Paypal still sends you a transaction email notice so you know instantly that it has gone through and can dispute it if it is wrong.

Does this system allow you to pay with a credit card through PayPal? They keep the default at deducting the money from your bank account, and you have to actually go to your PayPal account to change it to paying by credit card. If not, I'm not going to use it; we don't keep much money in the bank account that PayPal is linked to.

Good thing a couple of local stores have FB Credits gift cards. I seriously don't trust the combination of FB and PP with my bank accounts.

kahra01
Aug 01 2011, 05:21 PM

If you could be so kind as to share this information with everyone on here I think they would be most grateful :)

Taz D
Aug 01 2011, 06:09 PM
Does this system allow you to pay with a credit card through PayPal? They keep the default at deducting the money from your bank account, and you have to actually go to your PayPal account to change it to paying by credit card. If not, I'm not going to use it; we don't keep much money in the bank account that PayPal is linked to.

Good thing a couple of local stores have FB Credits gift cards. I seriously don't trust the combination of FB and PP with my bank accounts.
I believe you can change your primary payment method in Paypal to a credit card with the bank account as a secondary. As long as it is a confirmed payment method then should go through ok. You might want to put that question to Paypal though. If you can then that would protect your credit card info from FB.

Duck Duck Goose
Aug 01 2011, 06:50 PM
I see a few games shutting down and discontinuing on facebook. Im assuming this is due to facebook's changes? The mobsters game shut down today over there. The Playdom company's not re-imbursing any real life money spent on the game as none of the others that have shut down will.
You spend real money on a game and the game goes poof - you are SOL and out of luck. you wont get money back, and you wont have a single thing to show for it when it happens..

I know many ppl have spent a ton of money buying a lot of premium game item for various games and lost everything when the game went offline for good, so just be forwarned.

Mrs Borgies
Aug 01 2011, 07:42 PM

Not sure what you mean but just a suggestion, right click on your farm and click on "show all". This may make your visibility better. Good luck! :)

You can't hide who has sent you gifts etc. I personally like this notification area, as it reminds me to help those that have helped me.

gumballs678
Aug 01 2011, 07:45 PM
I think we're about to get the products!!!!!!!! Raul's online!!!!!!!!!!

Taz D
Aug 01 2011, 07:47 PM
I think we're about to get the products!!!!!!!! Raul's online!!!!!!!!!!
Shhhh.....don't scare him off....:D

gumballs678
Aug 01 2011, 07:49 PM
Shhhh.....don't scare him off....:D

We'll just all sit back and watch, he'll do his signature magic act: Disappear

gumballs678
Aug 01 2011, 07:57 PM
See told you

bucknine
Aug 01 2011, 07:59 PM
I have tried for 2 1/2 hours to get on my game and can't connect. What gives?

Chris the Farmer
Aug 01 2011, 08:00 PM
Fertilization has been changed on Mini map recently :) Very Nice and can see easily which are still fertile

al_bundy
Aug 01 2011, 08:04 PM
something is happenning the farms selector no longer highlights as fertilised yet my farms are fertilised for anouther 36 hours.

hmmm weird

i now notice it has a F next to the name when you mouse over the farm map

Mrs Borgies
Aug 01 2011, 08:04 PM
See told you

I saw that as well...lol

driverdave
Aug 01 2011, 08:06 PM
theres an edit on the first post.......new products coming tomorrow

SunnyD
has to be updates..... taking ages to load the game.... yay yay

Mrs Borgies
something is happenning the farms selector no longer highlights as fertilised yet my farms are fertilised for anouther 36 hours.

hmmm weird

Hold your mouse pointer over the little box and you now get a "F" when your farm is fertilized. A farm that isn't fertilized shows as green on one of my neighbours farms. I love this...so much better. Thank you! :)

Chris the Farmer
Aug 01 2011, 08:08 PM
If there are NO crops on a particular farm.... it shows up as brown

Not true. That brownish red color just means it is under the 3 day fertilization. If it is green it has wore off. My 2nd farm still has crops and it is that brownish red color.

al_bundy
Aug 01 2011, 08:09 PM
what is a "add body" request raul?

spartan7886
Aug 01 2011, 08:10 PM
Bug Fixes and Post-Launch updates:

1. When Designing a Farm Together:
- Changes done by the owner of the farm are now reflected correctly for other users designing the farm
- When users move items, the rotation status is now preserved

2. Last message box when working on neighbour facilities was added back

3. Quests/Requests Dialogs priority improved:
- Quests dialogs should not interfere with other Requests dialogs anymore, if there is a hire request dialog open a new quest dialog will not close the hire request dialog
- Hire, Trade, Design Together and Add Body requests, once they appear on the screen, you will have to accept them or close them in order to see other Hire, Trade, Design Together or Add Body requests.
- No need to reload anymore to do another trade with the same user

4. Fertilizer effect in farm selector changed to a yellowish, solid color. It also updates automatically when you fertilize a farm, no need to reload.

5. Chainsaw 3x3 can not be used when working for others

6. Fertilizer tooltip in extended toolbox now shows correct amount when less than an hour of fertilization is remaining

7. When Designing farms together with other players, now you have access to the items menu to rotate the items

8. All Cereal boxes now have different colors so you can differentiate them better

9. The Tench fish was removed from all water items so you have more chances for other fresh water fish. All fish now have a use, except the Sturgeon which will be used in the next release

10. The Premium Cat Food now requires Catfish instead of Tuna

More than just the new products coming tomorrow. At minimum, 8-10 above are new today. Not sure exactly how far up the list it goes, but I know the cereal boxes were blue yesterday night.

JAS0643
Aug 01 2011, 08:12 PM
I like the new way the diamonds are showing for fertilized farms it makes it easier to see which ones are fertilized. I can't wait for the new products tomorrow.

Phanny
Aug 01 2011, 08:13 PM
You guys rock- the fertilised farm alert change is excellent. How cool to have such a responsive dev team. Thank you :)

Caren Katsmom
Aug 01 2011, 08:13 PM
3. 22 New products for existing facilities: (Coming in the next few days)

Facilities in Coins: Rhubarb Pie (Bakery), White Pizza (Pizza Restaurant), Maple Syrup (Sugar Refinery), Pistachios (Snack Factory), Fish Oil Tablets (Remedy Shop), Artichokes Extract (Remedy Shop), Sandpaper (Paper Mill), Yellowtail Sushi (Sushi Restaurant), Italian Sandwich (Sandwich Restaurant), Pancakes (Bakery), Pancakes with Syrup and Bacon (Breakfast Restaurant)

Facilities in FarmCash: Eggplant Parmesan (Pasta Restaurant), Fine Clay Pot (Ceramic Factory), Chocolate covered Peanuts (Confectionery), Crab Cakes (Seafood Restaurant), Fish Oil (Oil Factory), Bacon Wrapped Trout and Rosemary (Dinner restaurant), Zucchini Wrapped Grouper and Cauliflower Mash (Seafood Restaurant), Pizza Seasoning (Spice Factory), Bird of paradise and Red poppy in Pot (Flower Shop), Blue Hyacinth and Marigold in Pot (Flower Shop), Lentils Soup (Soup Restaurant)

We need an update, please! It's been almost four full days now, and still no new products in our facilities. :( If you'd given us a complete list of ingredients that we're going to need for the 22 new products, we could have used this long delay to prepare for their arrival. I've planted crops that might be useless in facilities, and posted for belt bonuses that no one wants to accept until they know. Please... if it's going to be another "few days" -- have mercy on us, and post that ingredients list!

8. More popups removed when using:

Yellow Edit Hand Tool
Arrows to pan or when Zooming
Adding animals to buildings
Visit neighbors message when clicking outside the farm
When you move items from item storage to farm a few times, the add to item storage related popups will go away
Message Box warning about Capacity Reached in facilities is now shown only once per product

Once is one time too many. Those popups add even more time to the process of loading facilities, during a time when server overload is causing long delays and server timeouts while in the Facility Manager screen. I get most of those popups because the server is lagging behind me in displaying how many batches I've started, and I end up clicking an extra time. All that's needed is one of those floating text messages when the limit is reached. That would provide the information, but would not bring loading to a halt, while we are forced to close the popup box.

Wow, while I was preparing to post this... Raul posted the updated update, LOL. ;) So now my question is... Please define "Tomorrow"... ? Seriously, I need to get my farms planted! :rolleyes:

al_bundy
Aug 01 2011, 08:23 PM
Once is one time too many. Those popups add even more time to the process of loading facilities, during a time when server overload is causing long delays and server timeouts while in the Facility Manager screen. I get most of those popups because the server is lagging behind me in displaying how many batches I've started, and I end up clicking an extra time. All that's needed is one of those floating text messages when the limit is reached. That would provide the information, but would not bring loading to a halt, while we are forced to close the popup box.

Wow, while I was preparing to post this... Raul posted the updated update, LOL. ;) So now my question is... Please define "Tomorrow"... ? Seriously, I need to get my farms planted! :rolleyes:

tomorrow = within 24 hrs be patient my friend :)

i think the popup coming up once is a vast improvement from what it was and i am grateful for that

abby21
Aug 01 2011, 08:25 PM
why is the outline of my farm red?:confused:

al_bundy
Aug 01 2011, 08:26 PM
why is the outline of my farm read?:confused:

may mean its not fertilised?

just guessing

driverdave
Aug 01 2011, 08:26 PM
i agreee with Al the pop-up appearingf just once is good unless u know how many clicks to top up or fill a facility otherwise some of us would be clicking away to no avail cos the item is full lol

beautysmom
Aug 01 2011, 08:28 PM
Hallelujah! Love the new way of showing fertilized/not fertilized farms (and until I saw this post, thought I was losing the screen on my laptop! :D) And now I know I can post tomorrow night again--even better! Should have enough of what I can figure I need (other than oregano and parsley, what else could be used in pizza seasoning.... and will we need strawberries to go into the rhubarb pie?)

Thanks guys!

Caren Katsmom
Aug 01 2011, 08:28 PM
I think I've been very patient for four days and nights, Al. I'd really, really like to know what to plant. If we end up needing Acorn Squash.. which takes 5 days to get ready... well, never mind; you know. :D

ppeoney
Aug 01 2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks for updating the fertilized indicator. It is more in line with what I thought it should be. Really appreciate the new feature.

Caren Katsmom
Aug 01 2011, 08:33 PM
Well, my fertilizer is about to expire in 5 minutes on most of my farms... so I'll be able to see what it looks like when the fertilizer expires. :) I greatly appreciate that the glitch was fixed in the information about hours vs. minutes remaining on fertilizing.

Update: I like the color change from lime green (unfertilized) to sort of pea-green (fertilized). I love the addition of (F) next to the farm name on the farm selector! :D That's all we needed. However... I think I read in the update that we no longer have to reload the farm to see the status change. Nope. Not true, Raul. I watched my farm become unfertilized, according to the Manure Spreader icon in the toolbox... but the farm selector continued to include (F) in the name, and the color didn't change on any of the farms that expired. As soon as I reloaded that farm.. or changed farms... then the farm selector updated my status, as of that moment.

susme48
Aug 01 2011, 08:38 PM
love the fertilizer change!!!

driverdave
Aug 01 2011, 08:38 PM
i also do not have the glow on the farm selector map denoting fertilised farm
i did have it yesterday but now it seems to have gone .....no biggie as i always plant all farms and fertilise as normal operating procedure

Docperk
Aug 01 2011, 08:40 PM
I think I've been very patient for four days and nights, Al. I'd really, really like to know what to plant. If we end up needing Acorn Squash.. which takes 5 days to get ready... well, never mind; you know. :D

LOL I have been saving that up for a while, I got about 20,000,000 in coins so far with another large field ready tomorrow. A bunch of Rhubarb too. :)

abby21
Aug 01 2011, 08:45 PM
may mean its not fertilised?

just guessing

nope they are fertilised. my outlines on all my farms are just red . they were a white color but now they are just all red

al_bundy
Aug 01 2011, 08:50 PM

i have stocks of all crops in my storage including the acorn squash

so im ready in case it gets used.

Pagel's Place
Aug 01 2011, 08:50 PM
Are they still working on the glowing fertilized farms? 8 of my farms have crops, and they're all fertilized, but only 4 of my farms are glowing.

Awesome new update, thank you!
Maybe it is your trees or flowers.

Chris the Farmer
Aug 01 2011, 08:56 PM

I just looked at the "listed" ones in the 22 and started planting those. At least I am that much closer to having what was needed.

I.E: Rhubarb Pie (Bakery) so I planted a field of Rhubarb

nope they are fertilised. my outlines on all my farms are just red . they were a white color but now they are just all red

Redish color means they ARE fertilized. A green color will be not fertilized (Rather the 3 days has worn off)

twtywill
Aug 01 2011, 08:59 PM
why is the outline of my farm red?:confused:

Your farm outline is brown because it shows your farms as fertilized. I hope this helps.

Caren Katsmom
Aug 01 2011, 09:01 PM
Al and Docperk... I had a bunch of Acorn Squash in storage... right up to the very day before the update was released. Yep. I sold it with all of my Non-Facilities crops and products. :rolleyes: Worse than that... literally hours before the update was released, I finished planting thousands of flowers on a farm -- the original flowers, for the Flower Shop. Then came the news that we were finally getting four new flowers for the shop... :eek: This is why I never, ever play the Lottery.

janisko
Aug 01 2011, 09:04 PM

I also just spoke with Paypal because I had the same concerns. I was told the only way to be forced to sign in for each transaction is to cancel the Facebook billing account and reopen each time. What I learned that put my mind at ease is that if a transaction appears that is not mine, they do have the ability to trace it back to FT and FB and see exactly where it was used. Because of that we are protected. If it wasn't used on MY farm I'd get the money back. Also... Neither Facebook nor Zynga have access to anything in our accounts. The money is transferred on secure lines. If you want to speak with them just click on "contact us" and it will give you a web pin number and a phone number to call. They are very nice to deal with.

SunnyD
Aug 01 2011, 09:06 PM
oops!!! i am trying to delete one harvested field and it won't allow it...... have refreshed rebooted all that happy ****.... no luck....... it just moves my avatar around the farm....... ugh!!!

jkmyer
Aug 01 2011, 09:07 PM

sounds just like me, and hubby is not to far behind we are hooked also.

Ole Hoe
Aug 01 2011, 09:11 PM
Three of our facilities use Farmerade and I would like to see one of the other drinks stocked. I always run out of it and don't want to buy another drink factory.

Ole Hoe
Aug 01 2011, 09:17 PM
The Snack Facility, Dance Club, and Sports Area all use the Farmerade Engery Drink. I would like to see other drinks substituted as demand is much greater than supply.

KEKLAOL
Aug 01 2011, 09:23 PM
hold your mouse pointer over the little box and you now get a "f" when your farm is fertilized. A farm that isn't fertilized shows as green on one of my neighbours farms. I love this...so much better. Thank you! :)

this is very much better. Thank you raul.

al_bundy
Aug 01 2011, 09:26 PM
Three of our facilities use Farmerade and I would like to see one of the other drinks stocked. I always run out of it and don't want to buy another drink factory.

i only have 1 of each of the service facilities and when a product runs out it runs out i wont buy more regular facilities to keep the service facilities full

i also some products in the service facilities like the whisky and cola thay are ingredients for other products so i never fill those i think those lines should be removed from the service facilities

rosechristine
Aug 01 2011, 10:13 PM
What I do to help with a few of the "heavily demanded products" is when I first post facilities i will stop back and top off just those items like cheese, farmerade, bread, canned tuna so as other people come through to help there are more products for them and I end up with more of those items.

It doesn't solve the issue but it does help.

mduby
Aug 01 2011, 10:16 PM
I myself don't like the new bar except to know what neighbors are online and playing...that part is nice but please we need to have the order back the way it was. Keep the green dot and put the order of neighbors back. Please please please...:)

swd
Aug 01 2011, 10:37 PM
Well, that's almost true, but I have one that is green and both trees and crops are fertilized. For the rest, the green ones are not. Maybe there is a bug in the programming.

levarti2
Aug 01 2011, 10:45 PM
thanks again for making this game the best. Thanks for making the fertilizer indicators on farms block easily visible. Thanks for changing cat food to catfish instead of the very precious tuna. Thanks for everything. The game just continues to amaze and delight. :-)

Taz D
Aug 01 2011, 10:46 PM
Well, that's almost true, but I have one that is green and both trees and crops are fertilized. For the rest, the green ones are not. Maybe there is a bug in the programming.
I bet that if you check by moving mouse over the manure truck in the extended toolbox it will tell you that that farm is not fertilized. You have to remember crops, trees and flowers will stay fertilized until harvested even if the farm shows as unfertilized.

pangea009
Aug 01 2011, 11:07 PM
Dear Farmtown developer,

I got 2mil+ fuel in my storage and when I refuel, I got only 600K+ refuel.
Another 2mil+ fuel being lost. Pls check. Thank you for your prompt attention.:confused::mad:

Do not refuel until you have used all the fuel you already have. That is why you are loosing the fuel. If you refuel while you still have fuel you loose the fuel you already have LOL what a sentence. But, seriously that is why they have the warning message..... Do not refuel until empty.

anglnwhite
Aug 01 2011, 11:09 PM
You folks are the best! We ask for an animal tool, and BAM! there it is. We ask for the fertilizer indicator to change, and BAM! it does! My addiction continues because the game continues to improve and to keep my interest. Thank you!

Now ... if you could please manage to eliminate the need to cycle through all facilities on a farm when I accidentally go back to a farm I have already worked, I would be forever grateful. Either that, or tell me what I can do differently :).

Thanks again Devs!

Original Tee
Aug 01 2011, 11:09 PM
i LOVE the change to the fertilized farms - i couldn't see that blurry highlight at all - the change is perfect! the development team for FarmTown listens to the players and quickly fix problems. that is why this is the only online game i still play!

Original Tee
Aug 01 2011, 11:12 PM
You folks are the best! We ask for an animal tool, and BAM! there it is. We ask for the fertilizer indicator to change, and BAM! it does! My addiction continues because the game continues to improve and to keep my interest. Thank you!

Now ... if you could please manage to eliminate the need to cycle through all facilities on a farm when I accidentally go back to a farm I have already worked, I would be forever grateful. Either that, or tell me what I can do differently :).

Thanks again Devs!

i do that, too. to get out of it i just load a different farm. if you have your flash window large enough you can see the indicators to choose a different farm.

mduby
Aug 01 2011, 11:18 PM
Yes and also if you try to fertilize while your avatar is still working on your farm it won't work until he's done...such as planting and u forgot to fertilize ..well wait till he's done with what you've already done and then fertilize. To show it being fertilized in the farms boxes in the upper left you must refresh your farm.

al_bundy
Aug 01 2011, 11:23 PM
I myself don't like the new bar except to know what neighbors are online and playing...that part is nice but please we need to have the order back the way it was. Keep the green dot and put the order of neighbors back. Please please please...:)

no no no please leave it how it is now it is so much better i dont have to scroll through 110 neighbours to find one online

Geronica
Aug 01 2011, 11:28 PM
I absolutely love ALL the updates.....Please DO NOT change them unless your ADDING TO the FEATURES

Original Tee
Aug 01 2011, 11:29 PM
no no no please leave it how it is now it is so much better i dont have to scroll through 110 neighbours to find one online

i agree - i love this change!

Raine Logan
Aug 01 2011, 11:29 PM
like the improved graphics in the cereal factory. maybe a few others could be touched up too ... like the urine sample pot in the cosmetics factory.

also loving the farm selector showing us which farms have been fertilized. little things like that help so much. :)

Original Tee
Aug 01 2011, 11:33 PM
See

- Quests dialogs should not interfere with other Requests dialogs anymore, if there is a hire request dialog open a new quest dialog will not close the hire request dialog
- Hire, Trade, Design Together and Add Body requests, once they appear on the screen, you will have to accept them or close them in order to see other Hire, Trade, Design Together or Add Body requests.

Thank you so much for these bug fixes!

al_bundy
Aug 02 2011, 12:49 AM
like the improved graphics in the cereal factory. maybe a few others could be touched up too ... like the urine sample pot in the cosmetics factory.

also loving the farm selector showing us which farms have been fertilized. little things like that help so much. :)

im assuming that is a joke "urine sample pot" i don't have that item in my cosmetics factory

al_bundy
Aug 02 2011, 12:52 AM
See Known Issues, Bug Fixes and Post-Launch updates at the end of this post.

My Cat wants to make a complaint being the fussy eater that he is he walks around the plate scratching trying to bury the food.

it seems he does not like catfish and liked the taste of tuna better :D

Bonnie Jo
Aug 02 2011, 01:07 AM
im assuming that is a joke "urine sample pot" i don't have that item in my cosmetics factory
I think they meant the hair wax and they are right, that is what it kind of looks like in the picture.

ArtsyLady
Aug 02 2011, 01:10 AM

Thanks again Devs!

I agree - the developers are fantastic!

Also, I'm so glad someone else figured out a way to describe the problem with facility work! It's so frustrating to be forced to go to each of the already worked facilities when I've forgotten that I've already gone to a farm! I do hope that there is a way to change this - maybe one that says "Sorry - you have already worked all the facilities on this farm today, please go to the next farm." LOL

maggiel29
Aug 02 2011, 01:31 AM
Something has gone wrong with the list of items in the help screen since this change.
Catfish only shows as needed for Premium Cat food when it also makes Cat fish cakes in the Fish and Chip shop.
Canned Tuna is only showing as needed for Rainbow Rolls when it makes a Tuna sandwich in the Sandwich restaurant.
I have also posted this in the Help and Support section under the new release thread - but thought I would add it here so people know.

al_bundy
Aug 02 2011, 01:36 AM
Something has gone wrong with the list of items in the help screen since this change.
Catfish only shows as needed for Premium Cat food when it also makes Cat fish cakes in the Fish and Chip shop.
Canned Tuna is only showing as needed for Rainbow Rolls when it makes a Tuna sandwich in the Sandwich restaurant.
I have also posted this in the Help and Support section under the new release thread - but thought I would add it here so people know.

thay show correct for me

canned tuna is only used for tuna sandwhich
and the catfish shows both prem cat food and cat fish cakes

ArtsyLady
Aug 02 2011, 01:54 AM
New products coming tomorrow.

Last edited by Raul; Yesterday at 09:04 PM.

Tomorrow..... Yesterday.... hmmmm.... one of the things I've always wanted changed is that there isn't a way to know the exact date an update to a message was posted. And even what we do figure out seems not to happen (if it was yesterday, then today is tomorrow so where are the promised things?). :eek: LOL

What are "Add Body requests" :confused:

I love so many of the changes. There is something I'd love to add, though. I would love to have a way to see the messages I've sent to a friend. So many times someone responds to something and I can't remember what it's about! LOL

Mrs Borgies
Aug 02 2011, 02:06 AM
Tomorrow..... Yesterday.... hmmmm.... one of the things I've always wanted changed is that there isn't a way to know the exact date an update to a message was posted. And even what we do figure out seems not to happen (if it was yesterday, then today is tomorrow so where are the promised things?). :eek: LOL

Hi there, Raul was here todayand we get the facility stuff tomorrow, but you will see he has improved on some areas earlier today! (6 hours ago) :)

I am thinking that the "Add Body requests" is Add Buddy....a typo error...only time will tell if I am wrong. :D

Caren Katsmom
Aug 02 2011, 02:30 AM
It's officially Tomorrow in California. I'm just saying... :D

JAS0643
Aug 02 2011, 02:48 AM

I love so many of the changes. There is something I'd love to add, though. I would love to have a way to see the messages I've sent to a friend. So many times someone responds to something and I can't remember what it's about! LOL

At the bottom of the message it will say when it was last edited.

kahra01
Aug 02 2011, 04:51 AM

lol and in Australia.. its the day after tomorrow! and the "few days" is now turning into 5... Im learning the art of patience.... but oh its hard indeed lol

Whoopsidaisy
Aug 02 2011, 05:58 AM
The two best improvements you have ever come up with-showing if a farm is fertilized at a glance and the amount of a crop stored just by sliding my mouse over the seeds in the store! THANK YOU!! I don't know how you do it but you keep improving a game I already thought was the best. Love it :)

krypto
Aug 02 2011, 06:02 AM
The dev's changed the indicator for fertilized crops to a shade of greenish brown (appropriate), so some of the changes are happening :)

maggiel29
Aug 02 2011, 06:46 AM
thay show correct for me

canned tuna is only used for tuna sandwhich
and the catfish shows both prem cat food and cat fish cakes

Silly me - I didnt spot the catfish cakes next to the pictures of cat food! Or the can of tuna next to the rainbow rolls.

maggiel29
Aug 02 2011, 06:48 AM

Its been "tomorrow" in the UK too for nearly 13 hours- not sure what time the last edited time shows. Is it my local time or some US time?

maggiel29
Aug 02 2011, 06:52 AM
Its been "tomorrow" in the UK too for nearly 13 hours- not sure what time the last edited time shows. Is it my local time or some US time?

Just found my answer to that - the time I visited last (a minute ago) is showing as 6.45 am and it is 12.50 here in the UK now so I guess its showing the US Central time on the forum????
So is tomorrow today (Monday) as Raul posted on Sunday?? Just saying!!! Unless the poor bloke is up working to keep us happy at silly o'clock I guess we have to at least wait for him to eat breakfast!

StoneFace
Aug 02 2011, 07:01 AM
Just found my answer to that - the time I visited last (a minute ago) is showing as 6.45 am and it is 12.50 here in the UK now so I guess its showing the US Central time on the forum????
So is tomorrow today (Monday) as Raul posted on Sunday?? Just saying!!! Unless the poor bloke is up working to keep us happy at silly o'clock I guess we have to at least wait for him to eat breakfast!

I am waiting on breakfast too,,,,,

waiting for the blueberry pancakes with syrup

Farmer Shelton
Aug 02 2011, 07:12 AM
THANK YOU for changing the ingredients in premium cat food!! I kept running out of tuna!

artisanrox
Aug 02 2011, 07:28 AM
4. Fertilizer effect in farm selector changed to a yellowish, solid color. It also updates automatically when you fertilize a farm, no need to reload.

That's especially smart. I didn't know how to say it, but the "glow" wasn't in the right direction. On some squares the glow was inside the boxes, and some squares it was outside.

This is much better. :)

8. All Cereal boxes now have different colors so you can differentiate them better

9. The Tench fish was removed from all water items so you have more chances for other fresh water fish. All fish now have a use, except the Sturgeon which will be used in the next release

Awesome! :cool:

al_bundy
Aug 02 2011, 08:05 AM
See Known Issues, Bug Fixes and Post-Launch updates at the end of this post.

Walleys & Northern Pike from the frozen lake also dont have a use.

rjohn726
Aug 02 2011, 08:05 AM
like the color code for a fertilized farm

HelenJS22
Aug 02 2011, 08:13 AM
The two best improvements you have ever come up with-showing if a farm is fertilized at a glance and the amount of a crop stored just by sliding my mouse over the seeds in the store! THANK YOU!! I don't know how you do it but you keep improving a game I already thought was the best. Love it :)

Showing the amount of crop we have already stored, and an option to show the crop with the least stored at the top is FANTASTIC.

Caren Katsmom
Aug 02 2011, 09:20 AM
THANK YOU for changing the ingredients in premium cat food!! I kept running out of tuna!

The Premium Cat Food used raw Tuna, right out of the water... not Canned Tuna, made in the Food Preservatives Facility. I have plenty of raw Tuna, and only one FP facility (which costs Farm Cash)... so the change won't make much difference to me. I still have an ongoing shortage of Canned Tuna for sandwiches... which I expect will always be the case. :rolleyes:

krypto
Aug 02 2011, 09:51 AM
The Premium Cat Food used raw I still have an ongoing shortage of Canned Tuna for sandwiches... which I expect will always be the case. :rolleyes:

Canned tuna has always been short if you want to fill the factory to 100% capacity - even trilping the output might not make enought to fill it - maybe the devs will adjust the canned tuna output like they did for cheese some day.

krypto
Aug 02 2011, 09:53 AM
trilping? fat fingered funny - tripling

kittykat1958
Aug 02 2011, 11:02 AM
syrup from what maple tree will it come from the red or the yetllow,ive seen some say the red one the some say the yellow one please help i want to plant the right one so that i will have plenty when release comes

Thanks

barbara nixon
Aug 02 2011, 11:02 AM
great updates..still waiting on super llamas and sheep...

gumballs678
Aug 02 2011, 11:13 AM
syrup from what maple tree will it come from the red or the yetllow,ive seen some say the red one the some say the yellow one please help i want to plant the right one so that i will have plenty when release comes

Thanks

The red ones, and they take two days to be harvested.

Bratuski
Aug 02 2011, 11:14 AM
I am waiting on breakfast too,,,,,

waiting for the blueberry pancakes with syrup

Where are those 22 new products for existing facilities ?

Raul said "in a few days". It's been 5 days now. My storage is building up waiting.....

Taz D
Aug 02 2011, 11:16 AM

Add Body is for the Designing function, so you can add people to your design team.

Taz D
Aug 02 2011, 11:21 AM
Go to the User CP and edit your information. You can change the time zone for where you are rather than leaving it as default. That way posts show with your time when they were posted. Less confusing that way.

kittykat1958
Aug 02 2011, 11:26 AM
The red ones, and they take two days to be harvested.

thank you gumballs like your id

Grumpa
Aug 02 2011, 11:27 AM

Raul said "in a few days". It's been 5 days now. My storage is building up waiting.....

As of 8:04pm EST Monday Roul said the will be New products coming tomorrow

ghostkitten
Aug 02 2011, 11:38 AM
As of 8:04pm EST Monday Roul said the will be New products coming tomorrow

that means TODAY?........:D:D:D:D

farmer fitchy
Aug 02 2011, 11:39 AM
Canned tuna has always been short if you want to fill the factory to 100% capacity - even trilping the output might not make enought to fill it - maybe the devs will adjust the canned tuna output like they did for cheese some day.

Just adding my vote too :)

SunnyD
Aug 02 2011, 11:40 AM
since the updates yesterday myself and several of my neighbors can't delete single plowed or harvested fields..... i put this in the help and support section.....

Grumpa
Aug 02 2011, 11:42 AM
since the updates yesterday myself and several of my neighbors can't delete single plowed or harvested fields..... i put this in the help and support section.....

Same problem here.

Taz D
Aug 02 2011, 11:52 AM
My thought on this would be that the only things in that menu were Walk Here, Delete and close menu. So maybe they decided we don't need that menu since we have the bulldozer that does that. Also by taking this menu out you don't have to click on spot, then click on walk here to move your avatar there.

cindy333
Aug 02 2011, 12:17 PM
JUST LOVE IT WHEN THE UPDATE COMES IN PIECES :D really,reading here what's coming up, getting prepared on the new ingedrients stuff :) and tommorow the big day? i have to wait a day more i guess because i'am from belgium and depending when they come with the new stuff i'am already sleeping. but that's okay. right now the waiting is so much fun. LOL okay this write i gonna see if i can get some more red maples and pistachio's :) great update anyway!
oh and like always great update! great work devs! :) at least you take the effort to solve the bugs :D you rock guys! and now checking out the trees lol

cindy333
Aug 02 2011, 12:19 PM
ps: love the brandnew changes to :D the colored farms so easy :D

artisanrox
Aug 02 2011, 12:34 PM

I'd rather wait a few days to have the new stuff and have a game that *works*.

I'ts always better to let them fix the game bugs before introducing new stuff, than have a game you can't play...right?

JAS0643
Aug 02 2011, 01:02 PM
I'd rather wait a few days to have the new stuff and have a game that *works*.

I'ts always better to let them fix the game bugs before introducing new stuff, than have a game you can't play...right?

While I agree with you there is no problems with the game right now. There where a few minor problems caused by the last update but all but one of those was fixed in less then 24 hours. The other was fixed in a few days and the highlighting of fertilized farms was changed because it didn't work they way they thought it would.

rposer@googlemail.com
Aug 02 2011, 01:15 PM

This was a small but good idea! Very usefull. Would also be great if I work on neighbours` farm in the facilities to have colours on the farm sector where I can see on which of his farms are facilities (as normally facilities are on several) so that I can jump to the other farms when having finished with the one on which I started.

tnbskts
Aug 02 2011, 01:39 PM

Same here. As I said in your other thread, this is a real annoyance. I seed my farms in patterns, and now I have no way to correct a mistake if I seed the wrong plots, because the bulldozers don't work on seeded plots. If they don't return this function or give us some other way to delete seeded plots, I guess I'm going to have to get rid of my patchwork farms and just use monoculture.

katrina719
Aug 02 2011, 01:43 PM
Imagine how far in advance Raul plans these changes?? How many tries before he releases them???

Some pushy and demanding players should stop and think ...

RAUL ???? YOU ARE THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO FARMTOWN! ...and to the rest of us FT junkies :D THANK YOU!

tnbskts
Aug 02 2011, 01:50 PM
My thought on this would be that the only things in that menu were Walk Here, Delete and close menu. So maybe they decided we don't need that menu since we have the bulldozer that does that. Also by taking this menu out you don't have to click on spot, then click on walk here to move your avatar there.

But we don't. The bulldozer doesn't work on seeded fields. We've lost that function as a result of this change, and some of us were finding that function useful. Granted, most people don't want to delete seeded fields, but it's always nice to have the option to do things.

Fireball
Aug 02 2011, 02:06 PM
The low quanity of iron ore does not allow you to make enough stainless steel to make enough product to fill your facilities. I have mines on every farm and cannot fill my facilities with stainless steel products. :(

Rob T
Aug 02 2011, 02:35 PM
Just tested the bulldozer on seeded fields, it deleted them fine, the only thing i noticed was the field didn't highlight. Have any of you tried clicking a field anyways to see if it deletes?

truckie547
Aug 02 2011, 02:42 PM
you can buy your farm town credits at Walmart back in the electronics dept.

CSLewis
Aug 02 2011, 02:42 PM
Just tested the bulldozer on seeded fields, it deleted them fine, the only thing i noticed was the field didn't highlight. Have any of you tried clicking a field anyways to see if it deletes?

I tried it as well, because I know when I am using my big bulldozer sometimes I accidentally click a plowed field. It worked for me as well. I used the single bulldozer and not one that deletes several at once.

Rob T
Aug 02 2011, 02:47 PM
I tried it as well, because I know when I am using my big bulldozer sometimes I accidentally click a plowed field. It worked for me as well. I used the single bulldozer and not one that deletes several at once.

the multi bulldozers will only delete 1 seeded plot also...

so looks like the problem is the fact they don't highlight

SunnyD
Aug 02 2011, 02:56 PM
Same here. As I said in your other thread, this is a real annoyance. I seed my farms in patterns, and now I have no way to correct a mistake if I seed the wrong plots, because the bulldozers don't work on seeded plots. If they don't return this function or give us some other way to delete seeded plots, I guess I'm going to have to get rid of my patchwork farms and just use monoculture.

Right .... thanks for that...... I am sure plenty of players have seeded the wrong crop or have changed their mind for whatever reason...... we need this delete option.....

Berle
Aug 02 2011, 03:47 PM
They are only able to be sold at the market (or to others) until there is a future use for them.

If you are interested in keeping them (items like the Red Maple Sap, Rhubarb, Lentils etc.... you can do the following

- Go to the market as if you were going to sell inventory.

- Click the prompt "Show me your prices"

- When your inventories open, go through them all and CHECK the box of all the items you do NOT want and have NO NEED for.

- then ... you sell only... ONLY the products which you selected - SELL SELECTED.

- Do NOT go to the Non-ingredients pull down to sell stuff.... you will lose the new products, and many others (for example, the Grouper which was useless before, but will be used in a fish facility shortly).

- Periodically, after you sell at the market using the SELL SELECTED, you can also "SELL HALF" of things you have too much of.

;)

I figured that out but would like to recommend to the devs that once an item or product is assigned to be used in a facility that the devs remove that product from the non ingredient category. It forces one to go through a lot of extra work to save them.

holla
Aug 02 2011, 03:50 PM
Imagine how far in advance Raul plans these changes?? How many tries before he releases them???

Some pushy and demanding players should stop and think ...

RAUL ???? YOU ARE THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO FARMTOWN! ...and to the rest of us FT junkies :D THANK YOU!

OMG, TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hate4 seeing post where enough is not enough, TRY being a Developer of this game!--this is SO COMPLEX, i wouldnt know where to start,and im computer Literate!..KUDOS TO THE DEVS!!-
ID REPOST This 50 times all over the forum,peeps dont understand things go wrong, where else you gonna find a development team that Responds to players wants and fixes problems PRONTO?.lot more i could say but i dont want this deleted..LOL.:)

Mrs Borgies
Aug 02 2011, 04:23 PM

The yellow bulldozer does delete plots but does not hi-light them so that you are sure to get the right one. I deleted seeded plots yesterday to plant flowers. I do hope this is improved on with a yellow outline very soon.

tnbskts
Aug 02 2011, 04:38 PM

Ah, OK, my mistake. The bulldozer was highlighting plowed fields but not seeded ones so I assumed it wasn't working on seeded ones. If you click on the field it does work. I just never used it before to clear individual plots because a direct click was quicker.

Managed to get my patterns sorted. That's a relief. Thanks!

Rob T
Aug 02 2011, 04:39 PM
Ah, OK, my mistake. The bulldozer was highlighting plowed fields but not seeded ones so I assumed it wasn't working on seeded ones. If you click on the field it does work. I just never used it before to clear individual plots because a direct click was quicker.

That's a relief. Thanks!

You're welcome :)

kosp41302
Aug 02 2011, 05:09 PM
hmmm, its 5:08pm CDT here and still not new stuff for us to make. hopefully we get it before i go to bed

Happy pants
Aug 02 2011, 05:23 PM
Several people have asked what an "Add Body" request is. Could it be a typo for "Add to Buddy List"?

susme48
Aug 02 2011, 05:24 PM
nice to know that I am not the only one hanging around in here....refreshing the pages to see if I have missed 'news' on things....lol

rebecca slaughter
Aug 02 2011, 05:44 PM
it will happen in about 1 hour and 15 minutes

Caren Katsmom
Aug 02 2011, 05:54 PM

Okay, Rebecca.. spill! Do you have an inside source of information? :D

kelleeann
Aug 02 2011, 05:55 PM
Does anyone know what the new products will take, like the white pizza and the italian sandwich what ingredients we will need to make these things?

angelkitten
Aug 02 2011, 05:58 PM
ok waiting and waiting and waiting for the new stuff for the current facilities....raul stated tomorrow..he posted that last night...so waiting and waiting and waiting....lol

marwahr55
Aug 02 2011, 06:01 PM
ok waiting and waiting and waiting for the new stuff for the current facilities....raul stated tomorrow..he posted that last night...so waiting and waiting and waiting....lol

Well you know that old saying - "Tomorrow never comes" ;)

kahra01
Aug 02 2011, 06:12 PM

LOL thats apparently true! 8.45am Wednesday morning here and still waiting!!

gumballs678
Aug 02 2011, 06:23 PM

Maybe it will be tonight, because when Raul posted it was almost nine o'clock pm, so maybe it will be a full 24 hours.

rebecca slaughter
Aug 02 2011, 06:31 PM
no just trying to hurry thing along

rebecca slaughter
Aug 02 2011, 06:36 PM
ok im wrong but i through it said 8:04 last night but it really said 9:04 sorry.... i need new glasses or i need to increase the beer intake can't read when i sober or spell

displacedtngirl
Aug 02 2011, 06:51 PM
If you are having problems with your friend's post not showing on your fb feed:

While on your FB feed, scroll down to the botton where it says "edit options" on the botton right of the feed. Click. It will bring up a little window that says "Show post from" and a drop window. Sometimes this defaults back to "friends and pages you interact with most". You will need to change it to ALL FRIENDS and then click save. The missing posts will show up.

Sandie Angel
Aug 02 2011, 07:02 PM
Hi:

I'm still not seeing any new products that are supposedly to be added into my existing facilities; I'm seeing everyone in the FB are already planting new stuff, but I don't know what to plant unless I see those new things in my facilities. Am I the only one who can't see them? Or have they not been released yet??

Please help!!

Sandie Angel :(

Rob T
Aug 02 2011, 07:04 PM
Hi:

I'm still not seeing any new products that are supposedly to be added into my existing facilities; I'm seeing everyone in the FB are already planting new stuff, but I don't know what to plant unless I see those new things in my facilities. Am I the only one who can't see them? Or have they not been released yet??

Please help!!

they've not been released yet... we're just taking edjucated guesses as to what we need to plant :)

angelkitten
Aug 02 2011, 07:04 PM
Its not you, it hasn't been released yet, we are waiting not so patiently for it...

Sandie Angel
Aug 02 2011, 07:08 PM
they've not been released yet... we're just taking edjucated guesses as to what we need to plant :)

Oh I see. I thought I was missing something. I see everyone is plantng new stuff already. LOL!! Been waiting for a few days now. Hope it will be released very soon.

Thanks!!

Sandie Angel :)

jesdreher
Aug 02 2011, 07:10 PM
As I anxiously await the new products, I have to say that I love the new crop sort that shows how many of the crop you have in storage. It saves me quite a lot of time when I try to figure out what to plant next. Easily the best part of this update. Well done!

holla
Aug 02 2011, 07:13 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA!---you people are Hilarious!..lolololo, why do you put yourselves through this agony??..ok,,im waiting to but not impatient, RAUL AND THE DEV TEAM ARE DA BEST, and it comes when it comes.hard to believe with ALL the belt bonuses and stuff that u dont have stuff stockpiled already..ok sorry im a hoarder, i got 103 belt bonuses in gift box.i dont want them releasing the new stuff until the game is ready for it.:)...good job team:), tis funny reading post though:p

OMG what we gonna do when this game comes to an end?? :eek:
oops,did i just say that?

Docperk
Aug 02 2011, 07:14 PM
you can buy your farm town credits at Walmart back in the electronics dept.

Would that be FaceBook credits since that is what we have to have now to buy Farmtown Cash?

Caren Katsmom
Aug 02 2011, 07:26 PM
I don't think I'd be so impatient if Raul had just given us the complete list of ingredients that the 22 new products will be using. He gave us all the details, except that one. Maybe some people think it's okay to be left in limbo for five days and nights... but I am not one of them. I'd much rather be planting and preparing wisely for the arrival of the new products, instead of getting impatient because of the delays. I have too many empty fields right now, because I don't want to get stuck when the mystery ingredients are finally revealed.

tnbravesgirl
Aug 02 2011, 07:30 PM
Im guessing from the last update, Raul gave us the crops we need to plant:

Facilities in Coins: Rhubarb Pie (Bakery), White Pizza (Pizza Restaurant), Maple Syrup (Sugar Refinery), Pistachios (Snack Factory), Fish Oil Tablets (Remedy Shop), Artichokes Extract (Remedy Shop), Sandpaper (Paper Mill), Yellowtail Sushi (Sushi Restaurant), Italian Sandwich (Sandwich Restaurant), Pancakes (Bakery), Pancakes with Syrup and Bacon (Breakfast Restaurant)

Facilities in FarmCash: Eggplant Parmesan (Pasta Restaurant), Fine Clay Pot (Ceramic Factory), Chocolate covered Peanuts (Confectionery), Crab Cakes (Seafood Restaurant), Fish Oil (Oil Factory), Bacon Wrapped Trout and Rosemary (Dinner restaurant), Zucchini Wrapped Grouper and Cauliflower Mash (Seafood Restaurant), Pizza Seasoning (Spice Factory), Bird of paradise and Red poppy in Pot (Flower Shop), Blue Hyacinth and Marigold in Pot (Flower Shop), Lentils Soup (Soup Restaurant)

These items listed is what I have been planting.....hope I got it right LOL

Hi:

Please help!!

holla
Aug 02 2011, 07:33 PM
Im guessing from the last update, Raul gave us the crops we need to plant:

These items listed is what I have been planting.....hope I got it right LOL

Thats hilarious i was just got done copying this to do the same thing, MOST of these are self explanitory and some you could think if u read it right, PANCAKES(Bakery) would be maple syrup im guessing, and so on.lol

Duck Duck Goose
Aug 02 2011, 07:35 PM

45 minutes late..... lol

I'm guessing around 930 to 10 pm EST

holla
Aug 02 2011, 07:37 PM
Looks like were gonna have to plant alot more WHEAT also for FLOUR products.;)...lol

tnbravesgirl
Aug 02 2011, 07:38 PM
never ever enough wheat....just when u think u might have a stock pile.............update :)

holla
Aug 02 2011, 07:40 PM
yeah just sitting here staring at the list and i see wheat,i see cheese,i see ham and MEAT..i see stars(literally)..:p

SeaJay
Aug 02 2011, 07:51 PM
Okay!!!! So I totally otally kinda, sorta, really love you guys again!!! :P

WAAAAAAYYYY good call on the new color change for fertilized farms. BUT!!! I still have the suggestion that since when you hover over a farm square it shows an (f) telling you it is fertilized....why don't you use the colored squares to signify which farms people have their working facilities on!!!! GREAT IDEA right?? :)

Molly Tucker
Aug 02 2011, 07:54 PM
What about oregano for pizza spice? Do you think we will use clover or parsley?
Cantaloupe? I've been trying to stockpile a little of each, just in case.