PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- July 28th, 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Double T Dude Ranch
Aug 11 2011, 11:41 AM
There are several things going on right now. FB is having issues which they say they are working on. Adobe Flash is having problems with lots of stuff as well.

ghostkitten
Aug 11 2011, 12:11 PM
PLUS Whenever we are getting a new land upgrade there are ALWAYS problems leading up to it......;);)

Double T Dude Ranch
Aug 11 2011, 12:12 PM
But these current problems aren't even related to FT lol.

ghostkitten
Aug 11 2011, 03:07 PM

oi....thats not good because there are ALWAYS major probs with a new farm release...So we can look forward to more problems....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Khan7
Aug 11 2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the Update. However I am having issues with my last update. I noticed the rabbit hutch and Horses stable is not in the Facility Manager.

Taz D
Aug 11 2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the Update. However I am having issues with my last update. I noticed the rabbit hutch and Horses stable is not in the Facility Manager.
You will have to pull all the animals out of those, put the buildings into storage, refresh your farm and put the buildings back on farm. At least in the last update they cut the number of clicks required to place the animals back in the buildings.

earlgray
Aug 11 2011, 04:36 PM
More on cheese - having had problems with inadequate cheese production lately after acquiring the pasta restaurant, I took a couple of minutes to calculate what the daily cheese requirement is just for that one facility. And guess what? To produce one day's worth of everything in the pasta restaurant that uses cheese requires 72 cheese, and this is EXACTLY one day's output of the dairy facility. Now I think it's a bit ridiculous, that one dairy can produce only enough cheese to support one facility. Come on devs! I think you may have increased cheese production recently, but this is still WAY SHORT of what is needed. Please!

knotroot42
Aug 11 2011, 05:08 PM
:mad:lost50000 in fuel accidently and cant get it back

JAS0643
Aug 11 2011, 05:21 PM
oi....thats not good because there are ALWAYS major probs with a new farm release...So we can look forward to more problems....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have never had major problems when a new farm was released. I am not sure what your problems have been but they haven't been game wide problems.

al_bundy
Aug 11 2011, 07:32 PM
I have never had major problems when a new farm was released. I am not sure what your problems have been but they haven't been game wide problems.

well said no probs here ever (-:

1fritz
Aug 11 2011, 08:19 PM
Last farm released June 17. I'm guessing next week for farm 11.

Fritz

Pippilotta444
Aug 11 2011, 08:32 PM
ty for the tips with zooming in, gosh, guess i should have thought of that eh... well zooming in helps me.. i can now see what i have done when it comes to fishing.. thanks all!! Now if I only had an 11th farm...lol

Ellen Betty Nelson
Aug 11 2011, 08:49 PM
ty for the tips with zooming in, gosh, guess i should have thought of that eh... well zooming in helps me.. i can now see what i have done when it comes to fishing.. thanks all!! Now if I only had an 11th farm...lol

Hey, Yall, I must be kinda slow, but I still haven't gotten up to speed on last 2 up-grades. Give me [and the Dev's] a break, Huh?

I had a teacher once who asked us 'Who knows enough to ask Questions'?

I don't!
Have a good day everyone.

katupatree
Aug 11 2011, 08:55 PM
My birthday is Saturday, may we have something new?

ghostkitten
Aug 11 2011, 08:56 PM
ok..Then start to watch the timing out and all the other stuff that comes along with a new release....Maybe your just one of the "special few jason"....:rolleyes:

susme48
Aug 11 2011, 09:03 PM
i dont think we will see a new release untill the end of the month as we only just got the last

;) now you two are 'spoiling' my anticipation...lolol....just kidding. I never expect anything until it gets here. Not saying I don't hope, or kid around in here. With the stress I am under, the kind that you cannot get rid of or change, I enjoy pretending I live in here, and not in real life sometimes. I know it is pretend...but it helps. :)

jeannieb
Aug 11 2011, 09:14 PM
Test post to see if my farm still attaches.

susme48
Aug 11 2011, 09:43 PM
it does jeannie....nice farm :)

susme48
Aug 11 2011, 10:12 PM
now I had something happen that never happened before...I harvested my cows...and it said harvested _ llama milk and _ sheep milk....I think the barn is confused by the odd way it is reading...lol

Taz D
Aug 11 2011, 10:18 PM
now I had something happen that never happened before...I harvested my cows...and it said harvested _ llama milk and _ sheep milk....I think the barn is confused by the odd way it is reading...lol
Maybe we are going to get some different cheeses in the next update....LOL

JAS0643
Aug 11 2011, 10:43 PM
ok..Then start to watch the timing out and all the other stuff that comes along with a new release....Maybe your just one of the "special few jason"....:rolleyes:

First my name is not Jason, the 0 is a zero not a capital o and there is no n in my name. Second I rarely have time out issues in the game. The last time a new farm came out I was layering my farms while it came out. I had been working on that for about 40 minutes before it came out and layered for about 30 minutes after and had no problems what so ever.

I have never seen this happen before but the animals can do strange things. In the store or gift box they can have the picture of a cow for a chicken. Also the animals in the gift box like to move about the box and not stay in their box for that gift. It is just one of the few crazy quirks with the game.

TsunamiVince
Aug 11 2011, 11:48 PM
To produce one day's worth of everything in the pasta restaurant that uses cheese requires 72 cheese, and this is EXACTLY one day's output of the dairy facility.

I have 10 dairies, and 10 cow pens filled with 100 cows apiece. I never run out of cheese.

liza1214
Aug 11 2011, 11:58 PM
First my name is not Jason, the 0 is a zero not a capital o and there is no n in my name. Second I rarely have time out issues in the game. The last time a new farm came out I was layering my farms while it came out. I had been working on that for about 40 minutes before it came out and layered for about 30 minutes after and had no problems what so ever.

I have never seen this happen before but the animals can do strange things. In the store or gift box they can have the picture of a cow for a chicken. Also the animals in the gift box like to move about the box and not stay in their box for that gift. It is just one of the few crazy quirks with the game.

Your very lucky i too have problems when new things come out but not all the time But then again im all the time so its 2 b expected!!!
just start having a few things go hay wire as of yesterday

Bring on farm 11!!!!

athena siabali
Aug 12 2011, 12:01 AM
Hi ,

why are these small letter over the ponds when i get the mouse on do not allow me to see how many fhishes are in? can you fix it?

liza1214
Aug 12 2011, 12:01 AM
I have 10 dairies, and 10 cow pens filled with 100 cows apiece. I never run out of cheese.

That's alot do u have holsteins in there too?
i only have 2 dairy sheds and 2 processing but i only post every 8 days for 4 days straight and only run out on the last day!!!

liza1214
Aug 12 2011, 12:08 AM
Last farm released June 17. I'm guessing next week for farm 11.

Fritz

That would b nice but im guessing it will b the following week!!!
but would really like it now,......lol
im soooo impatient!!!!
any1 else with guesses o when it will be?????....LOL

amberdh
Aug 12 2011, 12:16 AM
Hi ,

why are these small letter over the ponds when i get the mouse on do not allow me to see how many fhishes are in? can you fix it?

Hi there Athena.

These problems are due to a recent update release of Adobe flash player. Until Adobe releases a new version or a fix, there are a few few things you can try if you choose..........

If you're using another browser besides Chrome.. and have already updated flash, then you can uninstall flash, and install an older version of flash instead, they are still available on the adobe website, a google search should bring those up easily enough.

If you really cant bear to use another browser and the only issue that is irritating you is the display of words when hovering over an item like, the sea coasts or crops, try this......

Hover your mouse on the crop/ tree/water that you want to see the information for ( e.g percentage of growth or how many fish in the water). Zoom in with the wheel just one click. This usually brings the proper display into view. The trick is to NOT move the mouse while you do it. As soon as the mouse moves, it goes back to the vertical display.

rposer@googlemail.com
Aug 12 2011, 07:12 AM
Actually next update will bring us farm 11. Then one day it will be farm 12 and so on. That will enable us to produce more and to recieve more xp. But that`s it. Would be nice if some little quest would be implemented in the game and when fulfilling the quest you recieve something unique which you cannot buy and recieve as gift. This games get boring without any change. So far, all we do is seeding, harvesting and put things in our facilities or selling services and that`s all. Come on devellopers the facilities were once a good and new idea. Please bring up a newer idea. Little quests with a bonus afterwards would change the odd daily farming. I mean the 1001 new factory is nothing new...

pythonis
Aug 12 2011, 09:29 AM
sounds a lot like a Zynga game

pachipmunk
Aug 12 2011, 09:47 AM
Any idea when next farm is coming and why has the lettering changed over crops, trees, ponds...can't see what % they are or how many fish are in pond, lakes, etc.

Rob T
Aug 12 2011, 09:50 AM
Any idea when next farm is coming and why has the lettering changed over crops, trees, ponds...can't see what % they are or how many fish are in pond, lakes, etc.

hi there, the next farm will be released when the devs do the next update, when that will be exactly, only the devs know.

the issue you're having is due to the latest version of flash, you can work around it... read amberdh's post a few posts previous to this one, that'll explain the options :)

timmysmom04
Aug 12 2011, 10:25 AM
I wish they would come out with new levels and new farms soon. I am so tired of waiting that I dont play as much anymore. I guess I have just gotten bored with the game since I cant go up in levels cant earn farm cash and cant keep enough to supply my facalities. I loved most of the items on the last update. I think they could have done better than the design the farm together thing. I think that was a waste of creative engery. And please everyone realize that this is only my opinion. I had a guy last time tell me not to be rude. I am not being rude just stating my thoughts. Maybe there will be farm 11 and new levels soon. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!:)

April306
Aug 12 2011, 10:49 AM
I wish they would come out with new levels and new farms soon. I am so tired of waiting that I dont play as much anymore. I guess I have just gotten bored with the game since I cant go up in levels cant earn farm cash and cant keep enough to supply my facalities. I loved most of the items on the last update. I think they could have done better than the design the farm together thing. I think that was a waste of creative engery. And please everyone realize that this is only my opinion. I had a guy last time tell me not to be rude. I am not being rude just stating my thoughts. Maybe there will be farm 11 and new levels soon. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!:)

Why don't you open another FB account and start the FT challenge all over again.

StoneFace
Aug 12 2011, 11:01 AM
Why don't you open another FB account and start the FT challenge all over again.

at the very least, you will be your own best neighbor

and if you use two browsers,..... well, you won't have trouble finding someone to work your farms the way you want them to work

.:eek:

spartan7886
Aug 12 2011, 11:06 AM
Did the new factories from this release ever make it into the game guide? I don't see them, just the new products in other factories.

rjohn726
Aug 12 2011, 11:21 AM

Gee I only have around 20 of those and just got around 8 or so facilities from them as I can send stuff from those farms to my main farm. I only get around 20 or so million coins when they work my main farm. But I need to buy and sell around 300 to 400 things to get the 30 - 40 levels they need. One of those I just bought 4 facilities and one was a 35 FC one, however she has 150 million or so coins to buy and sell all those things

Hey! It's a game after-all

Double T Dude Ranch
Aug 12 2011, 01:07 PM
Did the new factories from this release ever make it into the game guide? I don't see them, just the new products in other factories.

Yes, they were added right after they came out as the new products from factories was a later release.

mjl1960
Aug 12 2011, 01:08 PM

That is funny, I have the same, and even have the "super cows" on one farm, still run out of milk. Think it depends on what facilities you have and how many.

spartan7886
Aug 12 2011, 01:20 PM
Yes, they were added right after they came out as the new products from factories was a later release.

I see now. I was looking at page 2. I didn't expect them to be added in the middle of the list.

Double T Dude Ranch
Aug 12 2011, 01:22 PM
I see now. I was looking at page 2. I didn't expect them to be added in the middle of the list.

Hmmm when I look at them I see them at the end of the other facilities.

spartan7886
Aug 12 2011, 01:53 PM
Hmmm when I look at them I see them at the end of the other facilities.

Now that's just bizarre. With 10 posts per page, they show up as post #10. When I changed to 40 posts per page to give you a screen cap, they move to post #14. Back to 10 posts per page, back to post #10.

DebLeah
Aug 12 2011, 02:27 PM
Have a question-might have something to do with update not sure-just went to send out gifts and pictures of all animals were gone. Just circle with mark in it with animals name underneath. Do you suppose a new design is in the works for them?

Double T Dude Ranch
Aug 12 2011, 02:28 PM
Have a question-might have something to do with update not sure-just went to send out gifts and pictures of all animals were gone. Just circle with mark in it with animals name underneath. Do you suppose a new design is in the works for them?

Well it could be a few things. Flash is having issues and FB is rolling out new stuff, so it could be either of those, not necessarily FT.

Duck Duck Goose
Aug 12 2011, 08:42 PM
Hi there Athena.

These problems are due to a recent update release of Adobe flash player. Until Adobe releases a new version or a fix, there are a few few things you can try if you choose..........

If you're using another browser besides Chrome.. and have already updated flash, then you can uninstall flash, and install an older version of flash instead, they are still available on the adobe website, a google search should bring those up easily enough.

If you really cant bear to use another browser and the only issue that is irritating you is the display of words when hovering over an item like, the sea coasts or crops, try this......

Hover your mouse on the crop/ tree/water that you want to see the information for ( e.g percentage of growth or how many fish in the water). Zoom in with the wheel just one click. This usually brings the proper display into view. The trick is to NOT move the mouse while you do it. As soon as the mouse moves, it goes back to the vertical display.

I dont think this is related to flash, because i have the latest version of flash (v10.3) and use firefox (v3.6), and play this game thru myspace.
I've never seen the words go vertical etc like ppl are talking about.
The problem must be related to another browser or the fact they play on facebook, cause my latest flash version doesnt do any of that stuff

Taz D
Aug 12 2011, 08:46 PM
I dont think this is related to flash, because i have the latest version of flash and use firefox, and play this game thru myspace.
The problem must be related to another browser or the fact they play on facebook, cause my latest flash version doesnt do any of that stuff
Verify that you have version 10.3.183.5. If not then you do not have the latest version.

Docperk
Aug 12 2011, 09:05 PM
I dont think this is related to flash, because i have the latest version of flash (v10.3) and use firefox (v3.6), and play this game thru myspace.

The vertical words are without a doubt a problem of the latest version of Flash no matter what browser you are using. I uninstalled mine and went back to 10.3.181.34 and it works fine in all browsers. 10.3.181.35 is the version with the problem.

Witch Hazel
Aug 12 2011, 09:05 PM
Verify that you have version 10.3.183.5. If not then you do not have the latest version.

I have the latest version and just removed it and reinstalled it and still cannot exchange gifts, select which gift to send back and now all the label are vertical and I can't tell what some of them are or if they are ready to harvest.

Taz D
Aug 12 2011, 09:28 PM
I have the latest version and just removed it and reinstalled it and still cannot exchange gifts, select which gift to send back and now all the label are vertical and I can't tell what some of them are or if they are ready to harvest.
This doesn't have anything to do with the gift exchange.
Removing and re-installing the new version will not fix the the vertical text because it is the new version of Adobe Flash causing this problem.
This is what the moderators are explaining about this:
The issues people are experiencing with some browsers are due to a recent update release of Adobe flash player. Until Adobe releases a new version or a fix, there are a few few things you can try if you choose..........

Use another browser.

ameliacarr
Aug 12 2011, 09:53 PM
Is definitely Adobe Flash and/or Chrome. Switched to Firefox and everything back to normal. Hope Adobe finds a fix/patch soon though b/c Chrome is my preferred browser (so much faster and less glitches than Firefox).

mcdaddie
Aug 12 2011, 10:07 PM
Actually next update will bring us farm 11. Then one day it will be farm 12 and so on. That will enable us to produce more and to recieve more xp. But that`s it. Would be nice if some little quest would be implemented in the game and when fulfilling the quest you recieve something unique which you cannot buy and recieve as gift. This games get boring without any change. So far, all we do is seeding, harvesting and put things in our facilities or selling services and that`s all. Come on devellopers the facilities were once a good and new idea. Please bring up a newer idea. Little quests with a bonus afterwards would change the odd daily farming. I mean the 1001 new factory is nothing new...
Are you kidding??? We don't want nor do we need quests. That is a Zynga scam as in FarmVille and CityVille, so go play them and you will get all the quests you will ever want. This game is a realistic, business oriented game, that is like running a real farming venture. The only thing that these Dev's have done so far to take it away from that is the stupid "Zynga-like" crop mastery thingy. The ONLY thing it has done for us, is throws continuous popups in our face while we are working on our farms. How RUDE is that. But anyway, this is the absolute BEST game on FaceBook today, and doesn't need and of the BS that Zynga is known for put into it.

GO PLAY FARMVILLE!!

Docperk
Aug 12 2011, 10:39 PM
Is definitely Adobe Flash and/or Chrome. Switched to Firefox and everything back to normal. Hope Adobe finds a fix/patch soon though b/c Chrome is my preferred browser (so much faster and less glitches than Firefox).

You can do it in Chrome too, I did its just a little more work. You have to go in Under the Hood and drill down to the plug in section or just time Chrome\plugins in the address bar and disable Adobe Flash. There is an Uninstall Flash available at Adobe and as stated above you can get the previous version. Once you have uninstalled and installed the previous version go back in and you can Enable the previous version of Flash. Both versions are actually listed in mine and I have .35 disabled and .34 enabled and it works fine. The uninstall and install will actually fix all browsers that have been effected by the .35 update.

max_river
Aug 12 2011, 10:46 PM
i have not had a issu yet on my browser srware iron. i am happy about it

JAS0643
Aug 12 2011, 10:55 PM
Are you kidding??? We don't want nor do we need quests. That is a Zynga scam as in FarmVille and CityVille, so go play them and you will get all the quests you will ever want. This game is a realistic, business oriented game, that is like running a real farming venture. The only thing that these Dev's have done so far to take it away from that is the stupid "Zynga-like" crop mastery thingy. The ONLY thing it has done for us, is throws continuous popups in our face while we are working on our farms. How RUDE is that. But anyway, this is the absolute BEST game on FaceBook today, and doesn't need and of the BS that Zynga is known for put into it.

GO PLAY FARMVILLE!!

First all games on fb have quest not just Zynga games. Second I personally would like to see some quest added to the game. It gives people new things to do and more xps and coins. Now there is a way for FT to add quest without them being one on top of the other and having to request 50,000 things from your friends to finish them. There is a very happy medium that can make everyone happy and probably grow the number of players in this game. This game is losing players left and right and I think a big part of that is nothing new to do in the game. Two new regular facilities and 2 new service facilities once a month is not cutting it anymore. There are only so many crops you can grow and places to put things. There is a zynga game I play that had they not added the quest/goals to the game I probably would have stopped playing a year ago because it was getting old doing the same thing all the time. Even tho I get frustrated with the number of things going on at one time in that game sometimes I still play the game. We do need something new to change the game up a little bit. Again all games on fb have some type of quest or goals and most have way more players then FT, makes you wonder if the constant stream of new quest/goals has something to do with it. There have been many things people have said no do not add them to the game they are too much like Zynga but when FT added them they where done in a much better way then Zynga did them. Now the belts while a good idea was not completely thought out and missed the mark but they are still a good thing to have in the game because of the extra crops.

susme48
Aug 13 2011, 12:34 AM
Are you kidding??? We don't want nor do we need quests. That is a Zynga scam as in FarmVille and CityVille, so go play them and you will get all the quests you will ever want. This game is a realistic, business oriented game, that is like running a real farming venture. The only thing that these Dev's have done so far to take it away from that is the stupid "Zynga-like" crop mastery thingy. The ONLY thing it has done for us, is throws continuous popups in our face while we are working on our farms. How RUDE is that. But anyway, this is the absolute BEST game on FaceBook today....

I agree about the quests...but the bonuses are a godsend!! It is a way to get more crops if you run out...or fruit or whatever! I love it! I do my best to rotate crops and keep track of things, but sometimes I still run out...it is so nice to go and get extra wheat or sunflowers or onions, since they are not quick crops. The same for the asking for ingredients...nice neighbors send things you are out of, and they get what they may be out of. I get frustrated with those few neighbors who don't use them...cuts down on my "goodies"...:D

cindy333
Aug 13 2011, 02:51 AM
I agree about the quests...but the bonuses are a godsend!! It is a way to get more crops if you run out...or fruit or whatever! I love it! I do my best to rotate crops and keep track of things, but sometimes I still run out...it is so nice to go and get extra wheat or sunflowers or onions, since they are not quick crops. The same for the asking for ingredients...nice neighbors send things you are out of, and they get what they may be out of. I get frustrated with those few neighbors who don't use them...cuts down on my "goodies"...:D

totally agree with you!
and no NO GUEST OR GOALS!!!!!!!! they are annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i HATE TO DO THAT!. please developers no quests please ;) the game is just fine like this :) all the games with quests i dont play or dont play much because of that. most of the times they are impossible to do! and it brings more frustration. dont like that.
i like to play how i want, not to play how a quest wants me to play. i like my freedom. :)

cindy333
Aug 13 2011, 02:53 AM
if you want to add something new, add then mini games like gem swap and as a price some extra ingedrients, crops, money or xp. then you dont have to play it. but only when you feel like it. i know games who have that. like happy pets,farmandia. you can earn money or items with it.

Witch Hazel
Aug 13 2011, 04:16 AM
This doesn't have anything to do with the gift exchange.
Removing and re-installing the new version will not fix the the vertical text because it is the new version of Adobe Flash causing this problem.
This is what the moderators are explaining about this:
The issues people are experiencing with some browsers are due to a recent update release of Adobe flash player. Until Adobe releases a new version or a fix, there are a few few things you can try if you choose..........

Use another browser.

I am now on firefox and have the same problems.

bucknine
Aug 13 2011, 05:20 AM
I just went to http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ and in the lower right hand corner of the page is flash player 11 (beta). I uninstalled the old flash player in add/remove programs in the control panel and then installed this one and the vertical display problem is solved. I use IE8.

Karen Elizabeth
Aug 13 2011, 08:42 AM
Can anyone help me with the writing on my farms? The text has disappeared and is now vertical instead of horizontal. I don't even know if this is the right page to comment about it on but there doesn't seem to be a dedicated page to it so maybe I'm the only one with this problem. It causes problems when I hover over my animal sheds so I don't know if they are ready for milking/shearing etc. And when I hover over my crops I can't see if they're ready. What's going on? Please help.

Tony D
Aug 13 2011, 08:49 AM
Can anyone help me with the writing on my farms? The text has disappeared and is now vertical instead of horizontal. I don't even know if this is the right page to comment about it on but there doesn't seem to be a dedicated page to it so maybe I'm the only one with this problem. It causes problems when I hover over my animal sheds so I don't know if they are ready for milking/shearing etc. And when I hover over my crops I can't see if they're ready. What's going on? Please help.Hi, this problem is affecting a lot of us at the moment. It is a problem with the latest adobe flash player. You can try hovering the mouse over the building and zooming in one click , that sometime makes the writing appear

Hessel
Aug 13 2011, 09:10 AM
Jas0643 has some very good points. I too see a lot of my neighbors not playing anymore and these are level 200+ players in some cases. Months ago I was asked to work on 5+ farms each night by my neighbors. The number of newer players seems to be steady. I love FT and enjoy the game as a release from all the pressure of my job and life in general. I buy a lot of FC because I can afford it and I appreciate the game developers efforts. I actually look forward to coming home and farming. And im very thankful for this creation. I spend a couple hours a night keeping things up on my farms.

That said, I think the one thing that needs to be done, besides more levels, is after say level 300 you should be able to buy AS MANY FARMS UP TO SAY THE 15TH FARM, as you can. There are no leader boards and no competition so fairness is not an issue. You can only have one farm loaded at a time so it wont be a drag on any server. But this would allow those who want to round out their operations to do so with out waiting for months years to do so. AND it would provide a lot of revenue to take the game to the next level whatever, and where ever that is. The slow steady approach is fine in the begining but now, when we get new facilitys, most of us have no room for them and have to jam them on a farm. The farms get cluttered and its frustrating. This GAME is a business for the developers just like any other business. Yes, to us it is a game. But to THEM it is a business. Rule 1 in any business is "when people are standing there with cash in hand SELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT....WHEN THEY WANT IT"....if you ask them to come back in a few months, they probably wont. They are losing a lot of revenue when a player parks his farms and moves on to other games. As for a quest, I would hope that as the player works toward a goal, a free farm or special facilities could be a quest of sorts.

truckie547
Aug 13 2011, 10:02 AM
Ain't it about time for an UPDATE :) farm 11 and more levels ? LOL

jkmyer
Aug 13 2011, 11:08 AM
my vote is no quests. I would like games to get something extra though. i quit all the other games because i didn't want my begging all over my fb page. I do have a question I think I read that it takes as long for a crop to wither as it does to grow is this correct? We will be going on vacation and I was planning on planting 4 day crops as we will be back in 5-6 days not sure if we will have wifi but don't think so.

slimpat
Aug 13 2011, 11:16 AM
I may be nuts but this morning I discovered that it all depends on where you have your farms (How close or how far with the + or - keys) as ti weather you have the 3 letters vertical or full information on crops fish etc. Like I said I may b nuts but check it out bring it inn with the + or - keys at a certain point the full discription appears and stays hope this works for you all and you can move around on the farm and it stays

StoneFace
Aug 13 2011, 11:33 AM
That said, I think the one thing that needs to be done, besides more levels, is after say level 300 you should be able to buy AS MANY FARMS UP TO SAY THE 15TH FARM, as you can. There are no leader boards and no competition so fairness is not an issue. You can only have one farm loaded at a time so it wont be a drag on any server. But this would allow those who want to round out their operations to do so with out waiting for months years to do so. AND it would provide a lot of revenue to take the game to the next level whatever, and where ever that is. The slow steady approach is fine in the begining but now, when we get new facilitys, most of us have no room for them and have to jam them on a farm. The farms get cluttered and its frustrating. This GAME is a business for the developers just like any other business. Yes, to us it is a game. But to THEM it is a business. Rule 1 in any business is "when people are standing there with cash in hand SELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT....WHEN THEY WANT IT"....if you ask them to come back in a few months, they probably wont. They are losing a lot of revenue when a player parks his farms and moves on to other games. As for a quest, I would hope that as the player works toward a goal, a free farm or special facilities could be a quest of sorts.

:eek:,,,,,,,,,,:eek:,,,,,,,,,,:eek:

Bring it on !!

I have enough coin to buy 4, maybe 5 more farms right now..... and if I tried, I could make about $2-3 Billion each month

but I prefer re-designing, buying stuff (not just facilities and plants) and "playin' around" with the game along with the plant/harvest/plow etc.

And I have discovered that I am a bit of a "hoarder' too... duh. I try to maintain a large (!) inventory of whatever I need.... like 50,000 of some things, and 100,000 of others ... hehehehehe:D

now, back to your idea.... I vote for releasing multiple farms to higher levels.

Level 235 gets 1 farm
Level 275 gets 2 farms
Level 325 gets 3 farms.....

and with a decent release of new levels requiring lots of points to attain, well... some will get the multiple farms, others will get them in short order.

Ellen Betty Nelson
Aug 13 2011, 12:29 PM
now, back to your idea.... I vote for releasing multiple farms to higher levels.

Level 235 gets 1 farm
Level 275 gets 2 farms
Level 325 gets 3 farms.....

and with a decent release of new levels requiring lots of points to attain, well... some will get the multiple farms, others will get them in short order.

Right On, Lets go, Go, GO!!!!

Lisa #1 farmer North Port
Aug 13 2011, 12:38 PM
I am having issues with storing items from my facilities... I hit the store all on each facility and when I go back, the items are still there...is anyone else having this issue??? Thanks so much

JAS0643
Aug 13 2011, 01:11 PM
my vote is no quests. I would like games to get something extra though. i quit all the other games because i didn't want my begging all over my fb page. I do have a question I think I read that it takes as long for a crop to wither as it does to grow is this correct? We will be going on vacation and I was planning on planting 4 day crops as we will be back in 5-6 days not sure if we will have wifi but don't think so.

First on the crops. A farm town day is 20 hours not 24 hours so a four day crop will go to wast in 160 hours or 6.667 24 hour days. If you are gone 5 days you are fine if you are gone 6 days it will be cutting it close. Now if you have the acorn squash unlocked that is a 5 day crop and it will last 200 hours or 8.33 days. If the acorn squash is not unlocked you can take your changes with the 4 day crops if you make it home in time you have the 4 days crops for the facilities if not just plow over them and plant something else.

Now on the quest there are ways of doing them without posting 10,000 things to your walls. This is where the happy medium comes in. There can be quest that say grow x crop y times. Tend 10 neighbors farms. Get hired 4 times by neighbors or in the mp. Produce x products in facilities. We can have goals where we add neighbors to help us that way if we don't have the needed facility and they do they can produce that product for us. The quest/goals can have some asking for things from people but that does not mean it will be the way Zynga does it which is you have to request 1,000 things to finish the goal and good luck getting it done. There are ways to do things that add to the game without going the zynga route. When people where asking for harvestable animals and to put them in buildings everyone said the same thing no that is too much like farmville but when ft added those options it was done in a much better way then the way zynga did them.

Pippilotta444
Aug 13 2011, 07:22 PM
evening!

I would just like to tell you that I do like the idea of being able to sort crops when planting from least to highest, but would there be a way of seeing the actual amount? Like you see in storage.
As for quests, not sure I would like that... that is why I hardly play all the other games because there is so much of this and that... send this send that... I like this game because I can do my stuff and interact with my neighbors.. without the quests..

Tiger
Aug 13 2011, 07:35 PM
evening!

I would just like to tell you that I do like the idea of being able to sort crops when planting from least to highest, but would there be a way of seeing the actual amount? Like you see in storage.
As for quests, not sure I would like that... that is why I hardly play all the other games because there is so much of this and that... send this send that... I like this game because I can do my stuff and interact with my neighbors.. without the quests..

Hello,
With the seed filter set to "stored amount" just hover your mouse over the picture of the seed, it will tell you how many you have.

susie1105
Aug 13 2011, 09:16 PM
if quests are added i am one that won't participate. that's the reason i quit zynga. i know my friends can block the posts asking for items but most don't know about hiding games. i think it's kind of intrusive to them to clog up the walls with request posts. i find it annoying but i blocked them so i don't have to scroll thru a million requests on my wall to just read updates from all my fb friends. that is the reason i came back to FT. i like that it's a bit more low key. i can interact with my neighbors when they are on their farms and when i don't have farming time i don't have to be concerned with it either. i do have most of my neighbors that no longer play FT move on to other games. so although i have a lot of neighbors, very few actually participate in the game anymore. :( it is a challenge to get my facilities worked on sometimes. but, i love the game. with there were more levels. i've been at the top for awhile. when they add new ones i'm already at the new highest. maybe if it was done more often there would be that challenge of achieving new goals for those of us peaked out.

Hornyroo
Aug 13 2011, 09:55 PM
hmm switching servers today im normaly on W34, now on W10.. it feels early (only 17 days) but maybe update in the works, but more than likely something to do with with the flash player issues?

Docperk
Aug 13 2011, 09:56 PM
Ah the heck with quest, just bring on farm 11, I need to plant and all my fields are full... :)

Hornyroo
Aug 13 2011, 09:59 PM
im also not a fan of quests.. i hate having to beg for things on my wall, which was why i gave away yoville, the only zynga game i really enjoyed. the belts are enough of a challenge for now, and they certainly take enough room up on our walls already...

shirley_tren@yahoo.com
Aug 13 2011, 10:23 PM
bring on farm 11 and upgrades need the fc

peachy51
Aug 13 2011, 11:13 PM

Nope, it's definitely the update. Mine was working fine last night and this morning I installed the Flash update and the words went vertical. So I restored my system back to yesterday and everything fine now. Has to be the update.

peachy51
Aug 13 2011, 11:22 PM

I am not in favor of the quests at all. This is why I quit Mafia, Pirates and Vampires. As it is they have added the "Get Bonus" and "Send Ingredients" to clutter up our walls ... which is not entirely a bad thing since we get stuff too ... they just need to remove the limit on it.

I don't post them unless it is something I really need, because I have figured out if enough people click on the ones I post, that goes to my 12-hour limit and then I can't receive a bonus from clicking on something someone has posted that I really need.

JAS0643
Aug 13 2011, 11:31 PM
Nope, it's definitely the update. Mine was working fine last night and this morning I installed the Flash update and the words went vertical. So I restored my system back to yesterday and everything fine now. Has to be the update.

The vertical text was because you installed the new version of flash. Flash's latest version has caused that problem the only fix for now it to go back to an older version or wait for flash to fix it. What you did by going back is what fixed it, it is not anything ft has done to the game.

peachy51
Aug 13 2011, 11:41 PM
The vertical text was because you installed the new version of flash. Flash's latest version has caused that problem the only fix for now it to go back to an older version or wait for flash to fix it. What you did by going back is what fixed it, it is not anything ft has done to the game.

Yes, I know that ... that is what I said . . . it is definitely the update (the Adobe update). And it was easier and faster for me to restore my system to before the installation of the update than to uninstall and reinstall Flash.

mduby
Aug 14 2011, 12:48 AM
Jas0643 has some very good points. I too see a lot of my neighbors not playing anymore and these are level 200+ players in some cases. Months ago I was asked to work on 5+ farms each night by my neighbors. The number of newer players seems to be steady. I love FT and enjoy the game as a release from all the pressure of my job and life in general. I buy a lot of FC because I can afford it and I appreciate the game developers efforts. I actually look forward to coming home and farming. And im very thankful for this creation. I spend a couple hours a night keeping things up on my farms.

:eek: NO NO NO Quests whatsoever...I for one will quit and I have spent over 6 or 700 bucks in a year and a half and have all the facilities in multiples just to let you know I have loved the game. I quit cafe world and farmville for the same reasons. It doesn't work to depend on someone else for your own success at gaining anything in a game, and depend is the key word or held back because you don't participate in a certain quest UH UH NOPE. Bonus and send ingredients are fine cuz you're not obliged to do it and u can take it or leave it but Quests will make many many players disappear....I guarantee it. :mad:

mduby
Aug 14 2011, 12:59 AM

Well then you would be happy to go play a zynga game then where you will have to depend on your neighbors for your success or demise. I for one will not play anymore if that were the case. I've worked too hard and spent hundreds of dollars on my game..all on my own the way the developers intended. As it is our neighbors can help in our facilities and with bonuses and send ingredients. That is all fine because our success or demise doesn't count on our neighbors...it depends on us only so NO QUESTS. That's the reason i play no Zynga games anymore. Slashkey rocks the house!!!:)

Mags-Z
Aug 14 2011, 01:40 AM
Can we have the option of seeing what percent items are at or have items such as trees highlighted or something. Seeing PEA or COC for Peach tree and Cocoa tree is really not what I like to see. I can't tell how many fish are left half the time. I can't tell when the trees need picked. I could care less what trees they are I would rather now at a glace what the percent of harvest the item is or how many fish are left in my pond then to know what the items are. Also I don't need reminded 2 Million times over and over that I can't see my decorations.

1fritz
Aug 14 2011, 01:46 AM
I agree with others , NO QUESTS, I don't want my ability to play Farmtown impaired because Neighbors don't send stuff, and I refuse to beg for items. I don't use the request ingreadiants feature we have now for that reason. Bonus feature is fine you can take it or leave it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Fritz

Mags-Z
Aug 14 2011, 02:03 AM
I agree with others , NO QUESTS, I don't want my ability to play Farmtown impaired because Neighbors don't send stuff, and I refuse to beg for items. I don't use the request ingreadiants feature we have now for that reason. Bonus feature is fine you can take it or leave it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Fritz

Totally agree with the quest junk. So sick of playing games with those. One reason I stopped playing other farm games. It's a farm game not a Building game and begging gets old real fast. When you go to quest is when I stop playing just like I did to the other Farm game.

Taz D
Aug 14 2011, 02:55 AM
Can we have the option of seeing what percent items are at or have items such as trees highlighted or something. Seeing PEA or COC for Peach tree and Cocoa tree is really not what I like to see. I can't tell how many fish are left half the time. I can't tell when the trees need picked. I could care less what trees they are I would rather now at a glace what the percent of harvest the item is or how many fish are left in my pond then to know what the items are. Also I don't need reminded 2 Million times over and over that I can't see my decorations.
This problem doesn't have anything to do with Farm Town. It was a new Adobe Flash release this week that has caused the problem with the text.

Johan De Pla
Aug 14 2011, 05:46 AM
To be able to make decent farms again like I used to have I need at least 5 more farms. As I read with the current farms we can only add a certain amount of facilities. In the end what I did so my farms 1 thru 9 look reasonable I just put all my facilities on farm 10. It looks like a DUMP I hate it. I would love to have 3 farms (which might not be called farms) but Towns - Commercial Centres and Industrial Centers where you can plant your Restaurants in the Town (farm) the Facilities that produce revenue (shops etc) in the Commercial Centres and then the Facilities like shoe factory etc etc in the Industrial Center. On these Centers I would suggest no crops would be able to grow only flowers and trees to make it look nice and there could be roads traced before hand so that we can line our facilities according to a road map plan. Then we could use our Farms for farming and not have to clutter them with facilities. Now my facilities are so close to one another they look like dumps. I am ashamed of my number 10 farm which is a real dump.
So please Farm Town Developers think about this idea.
Regards
A long time farmer since 2009

Ellen Betty Nelson
Aug 14 2011, 06:35 AM
To be able to make decent farms again like I used to have I need at least 5 more farms. As I read with the current farms we can only add a certain amount of facilities. In the end what I did so my farms 1 thru 9 look reasonable I just put all my facilities on farm 10. It looks like a DUMP I hate it. I would love to have 3 farms (which might not be called farms) but Towns - Commercial Centres and Industrial Centers where you can plant your Restaurants in the Town (farm) the Facilities that produce revenue (shops etc) in the Commercial Centres and then the Facilities like shoe factory etc etc in the Industrial Center. On these Centers I would suggest no crops would be able to grow only flowers and trees to make it look nice and there could be roads traced before hand so that we can line our facilities according to a road map plan. Then we could use our Farms for farming and not have to clutter them with facilities. Now my facilities are so close to one another they look like dumps. I am ashamed of my number 10 farm which is a real dump.
Regards

Just my opinion, but I kinda like the idea, Just don't have the streets already drawn. that would be too much 'government'.
I do get kinda tired of the game loading when I am working someone else's farm, I have to go to many farms to work all the facilities, so having the Industrial Centers would help.

With factories, we cannot have more than one on each farm. If we could have multiples on each farm, then all of our factories could be on one farm [or two], so we wouldn't have to go to many, and take the time loading up, and figuring out which farm the 'work' is on.

Having farmland around the 'Industrial Centers' would not be bad, but would there be enough room for it. And these could be planted in flowers, [we can plant sunflowers and lavender] if one wanted, so please don't 'outlaw' the planted fields.

Too many 'rules' spoil any game.

Maybe having one 'Indusrtial Park' for each 5 farms wouldn't be bad. Say when we bought our 5th farm, then the 'industrial' park was a 'bonus' that comes with it. then the 10th farm comes with another farm 'bonus', and so on.
Maybe, before the 5th farm, then factories could be placed anywhere.

al_bundy
Aug 14 2011, 06:47 AM

this is a temporary glitch with flash player its not the fault of ft you van go to the adobe website and download the flashplayer 11 beta and it almost fixes it.

bluehair
Aug 14 2011, 06:55 AM
Regards

I have my facilites sorted into different farms spread over 7 different farms and still have plenty of room in all of them for crops. I am waiting now for farm 11 as I will use this purely for flowers

al_bundy
Aug 14 2011, 06:57 AM

NO Quests!!!!!

thats what farmville is for and that was blocked about 2 years ago so unrealistic it was stupid multi coloured cows etc if i ever see a multi coloured cow on my farm it will be off to Mcdonalds quick smart.

mickliet
Aug 14 2011, 09:03 AM
I need more Farm Town neigbors.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1592455355

al_bundy
Aug 14 2011, 09:16 AM
I need more Farm Town neigbors.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1592455355

hi

you would be best to post your neighbour request here

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

Docperk
Aug 14 2011, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know if Slashkey - specifically Farmtown have any plans to be available with Google+? I see Zinga has a few there.

slimpat
Aug 14 2011, 11:37 AM
I am wondering if anybody is having problems with the farm they are working on jumping when working on it i am having problems when harvesting all of a sudden it goes across the screen and i have to bring it back to where i was this is the second day i am having this problem on firefox, chrome and safari it is madding thanks for any help i have done my cache and all the recommended things

Rob T
Aug 14 2011, 12:18 PM
I am wondering if anybody is having problems with the farm they are working on jumping when working on it i am having problems when harvesting all of a sudden it goes across the screen and i have to bring it back to where i was this is the second day i am having this problem on firefox, chrome and safari it is madding thanks for any help i have done my cache and all the recommended things

Please check your game preferences (wrench icon at the top) and make sure to UNcheck 'follow avatar while walking'

slimpat
Aug 14 2011, 02:02 PM
Please check your game preferences (wrench icon at the top) and make sure to UNcheck 'follow avatar while walking'

Thank you for the speedy replys that is exactly what was wrong boy do I feel like an idiot do not know how it happened. Again thanks Rob and taz greatly appreciated

KayGee
Aug 14 2011, 05:23 PM
Just want to add my own 2 cents to the outcry over "quests". The day I can't buy a facility with coins or farm cash but instead have to depend on neighbors to help me "build" it will be my last day on FarmTown, despite the fact that I have spent much time and real money on the game. Don't do this, please. People who want to do this should all decamp for Farmville (there's a bus leaving for there in 15 minutes at the corner of "ante up" and "beg your neighbors"). This would absolutely ruin the game, and I hope developers have gotten this message loud and clear. No quests, no way. Thanks. :)

Johan De Pla
Aug 14 2011, 05:42 PM
There were only three games I played on Farcebook: FARM TOWN the first one I started playing in 2009. Afterwards I was introduced to FARMVILLE and COUNTRY LIFE. I spend hours on all three games. Then they introduced quests in Farmville where I had to beg my neighbours to send me planks etc and also at that time Country Life started irrigating the farm and you had to request 60 pipes or something to install the system. That is when I quit both FARMVILLE and COUNTRY LIFE. I hate having to beg for stuff when I have enought coins and Farm Cash to pay for them. So please don't put in Quests as that would ruin the game and I would stop playing. But please consider adding a Commercial Farm - Industrial Farm - Restaurant Farm so we can make nice little towns with all our facilities and not have to bunch everything together so that it looks like a DUMP. I used to have such lovely farms now they don't look too good and I'm ashamed of Farm 10 where I put all my facilities. I had to bunch them all together and it looks like a DUMP one big DUMP. Please help us out.

mduby
Aug 14 2011, 05:52 PM

In reply to this Mags-Z..it is the new version of flash that is to blame for this. Last night I re-installed my windows with a backup i had from June 28th and presto, with an older version of flash, I can now see all my crops what they are..how many, what percent they are..it's all back, therefore confirming that it is the new version of flash to blame. I don't know what to do about it myself but maybe the devs of FT can get some kind of results from Adobe to get it fixed. Maybe we'll get an update on flash in the next couple days fixing this issue. Fingers crossed. :)

ghostkitten
Aug 14 2011, 07:09 PM
Just want to add my own 2 cents to the outcry over "quests". The day I can't buy a facility with coins or farm cash but instead have to depend on neighbors to help me "build" it will be my last day on FarmTown, despite the fact that I have spent much time and real money on the game. Don't do this, please. People who want to do this should all decamp for Farmville (there's a bus leaving for there in 15 minutes at the corner of "ante up" and "beg your neighbors"). This would absolutely ruin the game, and I hope developers have gotten this message loud and clear. No quests, no way. Thanks. :)

Yep ...What she said....:D:D:D:D

spartan7886
Aug 14 2011, 07:14 PM
Has Zynga copywrited the word "quest" or something? I feel like the pro-quest and anti-quest people are talking past each other. I have no desire to beg neighbors (especially since I only have one active neighbor!), but surely that is not the only way to add new goals to the game, which I think is all the pro-quest folks want.

suzanne_gr@yahoo.com
Aug 14 2011, 07:17 PM
Today I was trying to receive gifts from my neighbors and once I clicked on accept they just went away. Do you have any idea what is happening??

Thanks,

Suzanne

Mags-Z
Aug 14 2011, 07:39 PM
This problem doesn't have anything to do with Farm Town. It was a new Adobe Flash release this week that has caused the problem with the text.

Thanks all I thought it was a new thing Slashkey did with those stupid letters coming up. I just got a new upgrade from Adobe hopefully that was a fix for this problem. And Slashkey please I like the game. Making Quest to do will make me hate this game. And I spend plenty on this game. Just saying.

Mags-Z
Aug 14 2011, 08:07 PM
Not sure but I run Google Chrome to run all my games. And according to Adobe I have the latest flash update for it. Still I see ACO and COC and COW on stuff instead of the Percentage of being done. Google Chrome handles the flash games better than does IE or FF.

KayGee
Aug 14 2011, 08:15 PM
There were only three games I played on Farcebook: FARM TOWN the first one I started playing in 2009. Afterwards I was introduced to FARMVILLE and COUNTRY LIFE. I spend hours on all three games. Then they introduced quests in Farmville where I had to beg my neighbours to send me planks etc and also at that time Country Life started irrigating the farm and you had to request 60 pipes or something to install the system. That is when I quit both FARMVILLE and COUNTRY LIFE. I hate having to beg for stuff when I have enought coins and Farm Cash to pay for them. So please don't put in Quests as that would ruin the game and I would stop playing. But please consider adding a Commercial Farm - Industrial Farm - Restaurant Farm so we can make nice little towns with all our facilities and not have to bunch everything together so that it looks like a DUMP. I used to have such lovely farms now they don't look too good and I'm ashamed of Farm 10 where I put all my facilities. I had to bunch them all together and it looks like a DUMP one big DUMP. Please help us out.

Hmm....I have a lot of facilities and I honestly don't feel that my farms look like "dumps". I have them scattered about on some farms, grouped together on others, and I manage to plant plenty of crops. I guess it all depends on what you want out of the game, and every person plays it differently. One kind of neat thing that Country Life did (I don't play it any more) was that they had zones that went around the edges that you put your facilities on. That was kind of neat. And I'll never forget the bee hives *smile*. You plant clover and when it's ready the bees automatically go out and pollinate it and then make honey...then you feed the clover to the cow and make milk. A couple of touches that were unique. That aside, I am loyal to FarmTown...and I truly hope we don't get to the point of having to ask neighbors for items as the only way of getting something. As an option...maybe...but only if you can still acquire anything that is available using coins or farmcash. Happy farming...

Docperk
Aug 14 2011, 08:21 PM
Not sure but I run Google Chrome to run all my games. And according to Adobe I have the latest flash update for it. Still I see ACO and COC and COW on stuff instead of the Percentage of being done. Google Chrome handles the flash games better than does IE or FF.

For Chrome you have a couple of choices, and both are described in this Adobe forum thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/890030?tstart=0

Taz D
Aug 14 2011, 09:18 PM
That is what the problem is. You have the latest update and the problem is being caused by that update. Instead of going backward your best bet is to search for Flash Player 11 beta, download and install the one that applies for all browsers other than IE.That will fix both Chrome and FF. That will also fix the problem.
I did not include a link here because Farm Town does not want outside links top be included in posts here and the moderators will delete those.

kahra01
Aug 14 2011, 09:22 PM
sounds a lot like a Zynga game

absolutely phythonis.. and we all know how people feel about that.

Rooster: I would hate to see this awesome game go in that direction. The Devs did introduce a quest of sorts.. call the belts system.. and look how that ended up! The Devs cant win for trying alot of the time and it must be hard trying to suit everyone. I love the game the way it is!

JAS0643
Aug 14 2011, 09:37 PM

Just because quest are added to the game does not mean they will be to build buildings. That is one way to do a quest there are 1000s of ways to do quest without spamming our friends walls, and begging for stuff to build something. Just because that is the way zynga does them does not mean that is how ft has to do them. About a year and a half ago the most requested thing for the game was harvesting of animals. Tons of people had the opinion you have about quest that is too much like zynga and didn't want stupid little marks over their animals or want to have to click on each one to harvest them, it would be too time consuming and too much like fv. Well did the developers listen yes they did. They gave everyone what they wanted. They gave us a way to harvest the animals and didn't add the stupid symbol over their head or require us to click on each animal. There are other things that FT has added that people said no too much like zynga but the way ft did them was much better and made everyone happy. The only misstep the developers have had along this line is the belts. Not adding the belts but making them way to easy to obtain so you had all those pop ups and posting when they first came out. The idea was a great one just not very well thought out. There are ways to add quest and goals to the game without going the zynga route and can add some fun and enjoyment to the game.

Has Zynga copywrited the word "quest" or something? I feel like the pro-quest and anti-quest people are talking past each other. I have no desire to beg neighbors (especially since I only have one active neighbor!), but surely that is not the only way to add new goals to the game, which I think is all the pro-quest folks want.

Exactly what I have been trying to get everyone to see. Here is an example of a quest/goal that could be added to the game.

Par 1.

Harvest 500 wheat fields
Tend 5 neighbors farms
Max out 2 products in a regular facility.

Reward 1000xps and 50,000 coins

Part 2.

Harvest 500 corn.
Tend 10 neighbors farms.
Max out 2 products in a service facility.

Reward 1000xps and 1000 cow milk.

Part 3

Harvest 500 tomatoes.
Work 5 neighbors facilities.
Catch 50 fish of any kind.

Reward 1000xps and 1000 onions.

This is a way to give people more xps, coins and some extra crops and would require no posting on our walls or begging people for parts to build stuff. There can be an option to post that we finished a part of the goal and let our friends get some kind of bonus from it but like the belt bonuses it will not be required of us to post them just an option.

dottyF
Aug 14 2011, 09:48 PM
I will only use chrome to play FT. I was having the same problems as everyone else. I followed the instructions a few posts back and disabled the flash player, went and googled and found the beta 11 installed and enabled it and now it works fine.

kahra01
Aug 14 2011, 10:03 PM
Just because quest are added to the game does not mean they will be to build buildings. That is one way to do a quest there are 1000s of ways to do quest without spamming our friends walls, and begging for stuff to build something. Just because that is the way zynga does them does not mean that is how ft has to do them. About a year and a half ago the most requested thing for the game was harvesting of animals. Tons of people had the opinion you have about quest that is too much like zynga and didn't want stupid little marks over their animals or want to have to click on each one to harvest them, it would be too time consuming and too much like fv. Well did the developers listen yes they did. They gave everyone what they wanted. They gave us a way to harvest the animals and didn't add the stupid symbol over their head or require us to click on each animal. There are other things that FT has added that people said no too much like zynga but the way ft did them was much better and made everyone happy. The only misstep the developers have had along this line is the belts. Not adding the belts but making them way to easy to obtain so you had all those pop ups and posting when they first came out. The idea was a great one just not very well thought out. There are ways to add quest and goals to the game without going the zynga route and can add some fun and enjoyment to the game.

Exactly what I have been trying to get everyone to see. Here is an example of a quest/goal that could be added to the game.

Par 1.

Harvest 500 wheat fields
Tend 5 neighbors farms
Max out 2 products in a regular facility.

Reward 1000xps and 50,000 coins

Part 2.

Harvest 500 corn.
Tend 10 neighbors farms.
Max out 2 products in a service facility.

Reward 1000xps and 1000 cow milk.

Part 3

Harvest 500 tomatoes.
Work 5 neighbors facilities.
Catch 50 fish of any kind.

Reward 1000xps and 1000 onions.

This is a way to give people more xps, coins and some extra crops and would require no posting on our walls or begging people for parts to build stuff. There can be an option to post that we finished a part of the goal and let our friends get some kind of bonus from it but like the belt bonuses it will not be required of us to post them just an option.

that will work in theory if all we have to do to tend to neighbours is click in there to weed or water the farm at the prompt.. if there had to be any other work done on the farm then it wouldnt work.. many people say they dont have that many active neighbours anymore.. but if its just the weeding or watering required then it will work because the farm stays there and still produces the prompt for us to weed or water whether they are active anymore or not. not a bad idea overall

lavanah
Aug 14 2011, 11:02 PM
I totally agree with KayGee, well said. This game is great the direction it is going.

Lucílja
Aug 15 2011, 12:28 AM
That is what the problem is. You have the latest update and the problem is being caused by that update. Instead of going backward your best bet is to search for Flash Player 11 beta, download and install the one that applies for all browsers other than IE.That will fix both Chrome and FF. That will also fix the problem.
I did not include a link here because Farm Town does not want outside links top be included in posts here and the moderators will delete those.

Thank you Thanks you SO much, for that text. :) I have just update my flash player til 11 beta, and IT worked.. :) :) Great.. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

S.french09
Aug 15 2011, 05:49 AM
I am fairly certain this has been asked many times over... but there are 87 pages here and its just too early to look through them all... so I have a question.... any idea when more levels will be added to FT??? thank you... please dont yell at me for asking LOL

Tony D
Aug 15 2011, 05:50 AM
I am fairly certain this has been asked many times over... but there are 87 pages here and its just too early to look through them all... so I have a question.... any idea when more levels will be added to FT??? thank you... please dont yell at me for asking LOLHi, in the next release.. not exactly sure when it will be.. Hopefully soon :)

HelenJS22
Aug 15 2011, 06:01 AM
I am fairly certain this has been asked many times over... but there are 87 pages here and its just too early to look through them all... so I have a question.... any idea when more levels will be added to FT??? thank you... please dont yell at me for asking LOL

LOL - We wouldn't yell at you. We'd just tell you to take your number 979 and get in line with all the rest of us who are dying to know.

The general rule of thumb with farm town is 'it'll be here when it's here!', but, as Tony says, we should be heading for an update of levels quite soon. I'm going to be away at the end of the week for a short time, so you can bet that's when they will turn up :D

S.french09
Aug 15 2011, 07:08 AM
LOL - We wouldn't yell at you. We'd just tell you to take your number 979 and get in line with all the rest of us who are dying to know.

The general rule of thumb with farm town is 'it'll be here when it's here!', but, as Tony says, we should be heading for an update of levels quite soon. I'm going to be away at the end of the week for a short time, so you can bet that's when they will turn up :D

LOL thank you

Lucílja
Aug 15 2011, 10:21 AM
Hi, in the next release.. not exactly sure when it will be.. Hopefully soon :)

I beleave it will be on friday this week, but I am not sure.. Usely every 3 week there comes new updates, new lvl or just new things... and on friday it will be 3 weeks since the last update.

katrina719
Aug 15 2011, 10:33 AM
For the first time since the game started all of the green lights of my level 235++ neighbours are on at the same time and for a long time ! We are so busy now and most days we hardly chat trying to keep up with the math involved in facilities :D

New levels?? Like another 40K XP to level up each one? Good grief!! Makes me wonder ....is there a "slow season" in the game? Bwwaaaahahahaha! NOT!

When I win the Powerball, I will pay for Geisha girls to stand and fan Raul with their giant yellow feathers! I see him sweating over there...

jesdreher
Aug 15 2011, 01:55 PM
Just because quest are added to the game does not mean they will be to build buildings. That is one way to do a quest there are 1000s of ways to do quest without spamming our friends walls, and begging for stuff to build something. Just because that is the way zynga does them does not mean that is how ft has to do them. .

Amen to that. I personally would love to have quests. It keeps the game interesting and motivates me to come on and try to complete them. In addition to what Jas suggests, perhaps it would help people to not think of them like "quests", but "achievements", which we already have. IMO Slashkey has ignored what could be a significant part of the game by not adding on to the 15 trophies we have now. That trophy section should be completely redesigned and enhanced to include many more quests/achievements/goals/trophies/whatever you want to call them. Upon completion of a trophy, give us a bonus such as coins, exp, more crops, a decoration that can't be purchased or gifted, etc. I really don't get why people are so stuck on the idea that the word "quest" means spamming people's walls all the time. Yes, that's what Zynga does, but that doesn't have to apply to Slashkey.

Duck Duck Goose
Aug 15 2011, 04:44 PM
I'm guessing that because i chose to stay on FF 3.6 instead of keeping the
FF 4 series is why i was never offered the version of flash thats causing trouble.
I hated Firefox 4 and rolled back to 3.6.
Every time i restart my computer, and a new version of flash is available, it is offered as soon as my pc boots up.
So im guessing 10.3.181.26 is the newest automatically offered version for
FF 3.6.
Im not messing with a new flash version if one is offered again for awhile.

max_river
Aug 15 2011, 04:56 PM
i do not mind a task or what ever they want to call it but i do not want to have to depend or bug my neibours to finish something. i have all games blocked that do quest that way. and if farmtown starts that a lot people will be mad and good chance people will block and stop playing. no quest done that way pls and if you are going to do them make something we need not like a barn to store your animals

Hornyroo
Aug 15 2011, 06:00 PM
ok this one if for those of you follow the server swapping theory of updates.. im not sure on time lines for those.. ive been on W10 instead of W32 for well over the past 48 hours... is long for a server swap? just curious, and has every body else been changed too?

1fritz
Aug 15 2011, 07:04 PM
My guess for updates....not this Friday... but next. Hope it's a big update new farm 11, plus a lot of levels. Raul and devs do a great job but it takes time to try to keep everyone happy.

Fritz

Docperk
Aug 15 2011, 07:11 PM
ok this one if for those of you follow the server swapping theory of updates.. im not sure on time lines for those.. ive been on W10 instead of W32 for well over the past 48 hours... is long for a server swap? just curious, and has every body else been changed too?

Well just before the last update I was switched from W-31 to W33 but now for the last week I have been back on W31. Dunno if that means anything. I actually wish I was still on W33 had less trouble viewing people in the market.

liza1214
Aug 15 2011, 09:42 PM
ok farm 11 must b coming any day or minute now!!!
as i am the proud owner of 10 ghost farms (cant c any1 on my farms when they r there and they cant see me) and i also morphed into a man ( for a bit) always wanted 2 know what its like 2 b a man!!! lol
BRING ON FARM 11!!!
Any1 else having problems??
Also with the new update of abode it doing my head in wish they hurry up and fix it!!!

liza1214
Aug 15 2011, 09:53 PM

is it worth doing it cant b that long til they fix it??? can it??
As im not the most experienced person for computers?and a bit silly when it comes doing new things on here!!!
any help greatly appreciated???

max_river
Aug 16 2011, 01:53 AM
i have a question about the last up date did they not say the pop up when filling factories would only be min. everyone i have done the last couple of days pop up after pop up and it takes for ever to go away. it was good for awile pls fix it for us i think most of know that we done it before

kelsim100
Aug 16 2011, 06:20 AM
Version 6 has been released in beta. Seems a lot faster than 4 and doesn't seem to crash as 4 did. Just for your info.

zayzahz
Aug 16 2011, 06:46 AM
thanks for all the changes and improvements...really appreciate it.

just one question.... it is now difficult to identify when crops and trees are ready or close to ready to harvest.... as the 'ready to harvest...' only appears occasionally and only when you run the mouse over the entire crop.... same with trees...and it only seems to work and the horizontally not laterally.

Best Regards,
Liz

peachy51
Aug 16 2011, 07:15 AM
thanks for all the changes and improvements...really appreciate it.

just one question.... it is now difficult to identify when crops and trees are ready or close to ready to harvest.... as the 'ready to harvest...' only appears occasionally and only when you run the mouse over the entire crop.... same with trees...and it only seems to work and the horizontally not laterally.

Best Regards,
Liz

Liz, the problem you identify is not caused by the FarmTown update ... it is caused by the latest update from Adobe.

windetrails
Aug 16 2011, 11:53 AM
Farm town does not need any kind of quest like the awful Zynga games. I have quiet all the stupid zynga games because of that. Farm town is more of an artist challenge then a farming game. That is my challenge to develop the best looking farm (art) that I can. Please don't change anything about Farm town.

SunnyD
Aug 16 2011, 02:36 PM
weird stuff going on......... they must be working on the game...... one of my asphalt road pieces just vanished... it was there earlier this morning now it is gone....... just one piece too lol

StoneFace
Aug 16 2011, 03:23 PM
weird stuff going on......... they must be working on the game...... one of my asphalt road pieces just vanished... it was there earlier this morning now it is gone....... just one piece too lol

I wonder whose phalt that is now.

Jean's Farm
Aug 16 2011, 04:28 PM

GO PLAY FARMVILLE!!

I agree on no quests if they involve begging neighbors or having help from neighbors that we have to go beg them to help us...If you want to do quests or some such make it something we can accomplish on our own. Or accomplish with the help from friends unknown to the friend that they are helping. I left Farmville because of all the garbage they put on there and the constant begging for stuff. I came back here and intend on staying....I have invested some money in this game. Thank you!!!! :)

Duck Duck Goose
Aug 16 2011, 04:28 PM
Version 6 has been released in beta. Seems a lot faster than 4 and doesn't seem to crash as 4 did. Just for your info.

6? What happend to 5? last i knew 4 was the latest and it sucked

Randall_Lind
Aug 16 2011, 04:38 PM

GO PLAY FARMVILLE!!

I agree we don't need any quest.

Randall_Lind
Aug 16 2011, 04:41 PM

5 came out in June 6 caae out today but not offically must download off server. 5.01 is from the main site.

JoDanzer
Aug 16 2011, 04:44 PM
I like the new crop mastery bonuses, some of the crops it is the only way to get enough to fill facilites, but am glad to see only the top ones post to the feed now

JAS0643
Aug 16 2011, 04:55 PM

I have 5 but don’t see much difference in it and 4. I know you said you didn't like 4 bur once you get used to it it is not bad.

Randall_Lind
Aug 16 2011, 05:21 PM
Farm 11 for me will be a service farm no new harvest farm for me until 12.

DARLENEW
Aug 16 2011, 05:53 PM
Please tell me there will be no quests for FT....I have played a few of the games with quests and quit quickly.....hated them...FT is the only game I have stuck with, pls don't mess it up!!!!

Duck Duck Goose
Aug 16 2011, 06:09 PM
I have 5 but don’t see much difference in it and 4. I know you said you didn't like 4 bur once you get used to it it is not bad.

well the problem with 4 was they moved too many things around to different spots and i had to re-mesmerize where alot of things were. They put some right-click menu items out of order, and i had to download way too many plug-in's just to make version 4 more like what i wanted about 3, but it still wasnt the same.
They also boasted about how much faster 4 was than 3, and in my opinion, it was way slower. they added too much garbage to 4 that bogged it down, so i reverted back to 3.6 and decided to stay with it.

SunnyD
Aug 16 2011, 06:26 PM
did someone saY adobe flash 11 was out?? it is not on their site...... not that i can find any way Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.5 (2.95 MB) this is the one available........

JennaSweetness
Aug 16 2011, 06:30 PM
I'm ready for farm 11 and new things to come out. I have billions of coins and some farm cash to spend. :) I hope it comes out soon...I am getting impatient. LOL

Taz D
Aug 16 2011, 06:40 PM
did someone saY adobe flash 11 was out?? it is not on their site...... not that i can find any way Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.5 (2.95 MB) this is the one available........
No Adobe Flash 11 is a beta version that does fix it so you can see the text in horizontal as opposed to vertical. To find it you have to search for Flash Player 11 beta. It will be on Adobe's web site so only go to the one from them.

hawaiin kris
Aug 16 2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the update. However, when hiring to fish we dont know how much fish is left and only parts of the words for the crops show up with not saying at what % they are at.

Taz D
Aug 16 2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the update. However, when hiring to fish we dont know how much fish is left and only parts of the words for the crops show up with not saying at what % they are at.
This is an Adobe Flash glitch and not a Farm Town generated problem. Look in the Display Issues thread for solutions/workarounds. Read the posts toward the end of that thread and not the first post for this.

rebecca slaughter
Aug 16 2011, 08:41 PM
went to the realitors office, you know just checking and james was gone, has he been kidnapped again ... lol i need my farm 11 and new levels....please please please let it be tonight...

Docperk
Aug 16 2011, 09:37 PM
went to the realitors office, you know just checking and james was gone, has he been kidnapped again ... lol i need my farm 11 and new levels....please please please let it be tonight...

LOL you made me look... :p

StoneFace
Aug 16 2011, 09:52 PM
LOL you made me look... :p

I really feel sorry for all you people.... ya have a distorted sense of reality, and a strange sense of what is really important in life.....:eek:

now step aside, and let me check the realtor's office myself, cuz I already have the plans, the money, and the time to do justice to #11 at each of my accounts.....:cool:

:D

tmellin23
Aug 16 2011, 10:02 PM
I love farm town and I'm just hoping that you don't become too much like farmville and cityville. I love the realistic look you have.

Also, I just have been noticing lately that your new facilities have more to do cities than farming.

Can you develop more items for the farming part of Farmtown?

I really love this game, have put money into it and I'm wondering if you are moving in a "complicated" direction (like Mafia Wars). I hope you remember the little people who just love to "veg out" in front of the computer after a long day at work, want something fun and simple.

Again, I LOVE Farmtown!

Thank you for your time.
T.

kiki45
Aug 16 2011, 10:14 PM
When I loaded FT, I was asked if I wanted to harvest a neighbor's farm and earn 1 FC. Is this new? It's set up similar to working facilities.

max_river
Aug 16 2011, 10:22 PM
no it is not new it been around for awile to work for you for i fc harvesting and 2 for factory you will get option to ask your friends at the top of the screen you can only invite once a day. and they can only earn 3 fc. you will have a limit of 34 i belive

jenifoofoo
Aug 17 2011, 03:55 AM
I am enjoying many of these updates - thanks, Devs!

EndTimes
Aug 17 2011, 04:09 AM
My ponds, Lakes, rivers, and seas do not show the number of fish in them or caught. I have no idea how many are left or in them. HELP

al_bundy
Aug 17 2011, 04:11 AM
anyone having trouble loading farmtown

keep getting the error loading farmtown
empty responce recieved?????

al_bundy
Aug 17 2011, 04:12 AM
My ponds, Lakes, rivers, and seas do not show the number of fish in them or caught. I have no idea how many are left or in them. HELP

this has been mentioned many times

this isnt a problem with farmtown it is a problem with the latest flashplayer upgrade.

jayco33
Aug 17 2011, 04:21 AM

Yep, same thing here.

Marjo
Aug 17 2011, 04:25 AM

The same here too :(

driverdave
Aug 17 2011, 04:31 AM
as to the fact we cant get onto f/town..u notice also theres not a mod anywhere to be seen at the moment lol and yes in australia it seems we cant get on dont know where the others are but Al and i are aussie

onamission
Aug 17 2011, 04:35 AM

Yep, more Aussies with the same problem here :(

Marjo
Aug 17 2011, 04:40 AM
I am in Norway ;)

VikiLee
Aug 17 2011, 04:43 AM
US here and i have the same thing

driverdave
Aug 17 2011, 04:48 AM
i wonder if we all have flash 11 beta...looking for a common denominator here

onamission
Aug 17 2011, 04:51 AM
Is that Adobe flash player Dave?

driverdave
Aug 17 2011, 04:55 AM
yes it is a specific version of it and some of us updated to the beta to getr away from the prob we had with the text over rivers etc

Kipper
Aug 17 2011, 05:11 AM
Same problem in the UK also

Donna Haley
Aug 17 2011, 05:19 AM
same here in ILL cant load farmtown sigh.

Marjo
Aug 17 2011, 05:20 AM
Getting a maintenance message now

Mrs Borgies
Aug 17 2011, 05:28 AM
I can load my farm....I am in Oz! :)

Judy1953
Aug 17 2011, 05:31 AM
Yes Australia seems to be back - all fine here now. :)

Mrs Borgies
Aug 17 2011, 05:32 AM

No update either! :eek::D

kahra01
Aug 17 2011, 06:36 AM

LOL Not in my part of Aus.. grrr still cant get in.. gotta wonder whats going on!! :eek:

kahra01
Aug 17 2011, 06:39 AM
LOL Not in my part of Aus.. grrr still cant get in.. gotta wonder whats going on!! :eek:

and seems I have an updated facebook release.. ever notice that when facebook and all their great wisdom do an update.. everything else messes up.. so I shouldnt be surprised! oh no.. not the sugarcane gone to waste!! LOL

Kasper66
Aug 17 2011, 06:40 AM
Not working in Missouri, US

liza1214
Aug 17 2011, 06:46 AM
i cant load my farms!!!!

Donna Haley
Aug 17 2011, 06:48 AM
i was there for awhile on my space saved my crops then poof. i guees i will wait it out.

Hornyroo
Aug 17 2011, 06:50 AM
in qld australia, just got mine back...

Harebell
Aug 17 2011, 08:19 AM
and seems I have an updated facebook release.. ever notice that when facebook and all their great wisdom do an update.. everything else messes up.. so I shouldnt be surprised! oh no.. not the sugarcane gone to waste!! LOL

Yes! Its "improved" itself....their words not mine. I preffered the way it looked last night lol.

kosp41302
Aug 17 2011, 08:44 AM
I am thinking the next update will come tonight or tomorrow(which is cool with me as i have a 4 day weekend from work so i will have time to putter with it. i have been holding off putting crops in until i get farm 11 so i can tweak things around if need be.

getting excited for an update :)

Rob T
Aug 17 2011, 12:19 PM
The glitch with the display mouseover text should now be fixed thanks to our great devs, they've worked around the latest adobe release. Everything should be fine now. Please let us know

Dr. Dirt
Aug 17 2011, 12:39 PM
Working for me. Thanks devs. :)

chocoholics2
Aug 17 2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks Guys and Gals.
(hope your work won't delay the next upgrade :)

JennaSweetness
Aug 17 2011, 02:06 PM
It's working for me. However, now I can't post requests for ingredients and working for facilities to only my farm town friends, as I was able to do so before. When I enter in specific people and select "FarmTown" and hit save, it changes to only me. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

I hope the new update isn't delayed either. :) I can't wait for the new stuff.

jeannieb
Aug 17 2011, 02:15 PM
It is fixed for me as well, thanks!!!!

rposer@googlemail.com
Aug 17 2011, 02:33 PM
yes I now can finally see again how much fish are in the ponds and if the crops are ready. Very useful this bug-fix. thx

Molly Tucker
Aug 17 2011, 02:39 PM
t's working for me. However, now I can't post requests for ingredients and working for facilities to only my farm town friends, as I was able to do so before. When I enter in specific people and select "FarmTown" and hit save, it changes to only me.

I didn't know it was possible to do that! How do you do it (if it decides to work again LOL)

JennaSweetness
Aug 17 2011, 02:45 PM
I didn't know it was possible to do that! How do you do it (if it decides to work again LOL)

Yep, it's possible! I love it, because a lot of my friends who don't play do not want to see the posts.
You create a list by editing your friends and hitting "create list" You add those who play and then you can post to them only. (Could anyway).

gffarmer
Aug 17 2011, 02:56 PM
It was working for me when I signed on this morning! Great work devs.!!! Thanks!

Molly Tucker
Aug 17 2011, 03:40 PM
I think I figured it out. I just assumed my non-farming friends would block FT. Cool. :)

ckerider
Aug 17 2011, 03:42 PM
I was hoping that on the next update there will be a 'start all' button for all the 'get client referral' facilities. I know they are trying to think of ways to get as much money out of us as possible... but it would be nice if they would give us something that makes our life a lot easier for free at least once in awhile. I don't even want to know how much I have spent on FT... but I know that the amount of time I spend on it makes most of it worth it. I am getting tired of continually having to spend money and keep thinking it will be my last time, but so far I have decided to 're-invest'. I know there are people who will tell me to leave or not buy anything if I don't like it, but every time they give us a new update.... they ALWAYS charge us coin for stuff that makes it faster... can anyone guess why? I am just ranting right now and I am sure I will be okay in the morning... thanks for reading my thoughts. By the way... this is my first time posting in here so I don't even know if I am doing it right... but I think I will get my message across even if I didn't.

JennaSweetness
Aug 17 2011, 03:53 PM
I think I figured it out. I just assumed my non-farming friends would block FT. Cool. :)

Yea, I figured that as well, but they haven't. Glad you figured it out. Let me know if it works for you, it still isn't working for me. I've tried on 3 different browsers.
:)

Molly Tucker
Aug 17 2011, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure how I will know????

rebecca slaughter
Aug 17 2011, 04:05 PM
ok we are up to 95 pages. do we need to have 100 pages before they give us our farm 11. and please don't tell me you can't count 90 of the pages because all of the adobe flash mess. i want my farm 11. i need my farm 11. tired of waiting, wating, wating, and more waiting, does anybody know if slash key has another game that is similar to farm town.. maybe i will go looking for it.

Bonnie Caudill
Aug 17 2011, 04:07 PM
yep, farm 11 now, now & now

Bonnie Caudill
Aug 17 2011, 04:08 PM
oh yes, is there another game like ft?

JennaSweetness
Aug 17 2011, 04:18 PM
I'm not sure how I will know????

You have to post an ingredients request or post a request for your neighbors to help in facilities. When the screen pops up you have to go to the lock and hit customize. Once you do that you click on the drop down box and hit specific friends and then type in whatever you called your list of friends for Farm Town. Hit save and then post. Go to your profile wall and see if it posted to your Farm Town List by hovering your mouse over the lock.

susme48
Aug 17 2011, 04:56 PM
Well, the other upgrades did not have nearly as many posts or pages as this one does...as if that mattered...lol Somehow I doubt that posts speed up or slow down any of the developers...I'd say it was the amount of work it takes to get things running 'smoothly' on their newer versions and the integration into this one, and only then would they release the update. There may be deadlines of a sort, or guesstimates, as to how long they want things to take, but since real life, or at least mine, is filled with pitfalls, roadblocks and Murphey's Law...I imagine, that has a large variable built into it. Not that I am not as anxious as anyone else for farm 11 and any other wonderful possibilities that they may grant us...cause I am totally sitting on pins and needles hoping for it to be soon...but I know how much work simple graphics work is, and how time consuming it is...can only imagine how tough it is to make a game like this!

Regina1964
Aug 17 2011, 05:03 PM
The glitch with the display mouseover text should now be fixed thanks to our great devs, they've worked around the latest adobe release. Everything should be fine now. Please let us know

Works for me, too!! Thanks devs for fixing it and Rob, you too, for telling us!!:D

Lisa #1 farmer North Port
Aug 17 2011, 05:04 PM
Okay I am a goober, I went to the Real Estate office too, and James is there

I went up and kicked him in the shin, but I am sure it won't help things at all.....

Lisa
Level 235
Farmer forever!!!

Molly Tucker
Aug 17 2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks Jenna!!!!!

liza1214
Aug 17 2011, 05:57 PM
Works for me, too!! Thanks devs for fixing it and Rob, you too, for telling us!!:D

all good here now
Many thanks!!!

liza1214
Aug 17 2011, 06:01 PM

Does this in turn mean farm 11 will be delayed?????

ghostkitten
Aug 17 2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the Adobe fix.....Much Appreciated...;);)

HelenJS22
Aug 17 2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the 'glitch fix'. I knew we would be rescued :)

cjbraswell
Aug 17 2011, 07:52 PM
where can i find the storage limit? and how can we tell if we are close to it.

Tiger
Aug 17 2011, 07:54 PM
where can i find the storage limit? and how can we tell if we are close to it.

Hello,

Which storage limit, the harvest product one or the item storage?

cjbraswell
Aug 17 2011, 07:54 PM
harvest product

cjbraswell
Aug 17 2011, 07:55 PM
Hello,

Which storage limit, the harvest product one or the item storage?

harvest product...

Tiger
Aug 17 2011, 07:57 PM
harvest product

Hello,

Currently there is no definitive answer i can give you for harvest/product storage, as we have not been told, the criteria varies between the amount stored and how many different types and sizes stored, but you will receive a warning pop up which tells you when you are nearing it's capacity advising you to use or sell some of the produce.

cjbraswell
Aug 17 2011, 08:00 PM
Hello,

Currently there is no definitive answer i can give you for harvest/product storage, as we have not been told, the criteria varies between the amount stored and how many different types and sizes stored, but you will receive a warning pop up which tells you when you are nearing it's capacity advising you to use or sell some of the produce.

ty for the quick reply, i have gotten no pop up, but fish i bought at the market today did not go into my storage, nor did the ingredient gifts i was sent....pfft!

rebecca slaughter
Aug 17 2011, 08:12 PM
are we getting close to farm 11 yet

Bonnie Caudill
Aug 17 2011, 08:19 PM
Is Raul even in the building???????

rebecca slaughter
Aug 17 2011, 08:21 PM
not yet but i think he is visiting the looney bin

maggiel29
Aug 17 2011, 09:35 PM

Yes mine is fine now thank-you devs thank-you

Majik Merlin
Aug 17 2011, 10:00 PM
I was about to credit Adobe for fixing their mess and now see it is the wonderful FT devs that did it!!! Many thanks, playing is fun again :

Majik Merlin
Aug 17 2011, 10:06 PM
When I loaded FT, I was asked if I wanted to harvest a neighbor's farm and earn 1 FC. Is this new? It's set up similar to working facilities.

This has been around for a while. It is the Farm Cash Challenge (designed to bring back inactive players I think) Anyway, everyone has the opportunity to earn up to 30 Farm cash by inviting people from a specific list to come work your farm. For each FC they earn, you get one also. Once you earn 30 FC, you can no longer invite people, but I think others might be able to invite you.

You can get one FC for harvesting any amount of fields, flowers or trees. You can get two FC if you work any facilities. You can move about their farms to locate something needing to be done.

Taz D
Aug 17 2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks devs for fixing the Adobe Flash glitch.....now where are our new levels and farm???? :D

Witch Hazel
Aug 18 2011, 02:58 AM
Does that mean I didn't need the flash player 11 ? LOL! I knew if I waited long enough the devs would fix it.

rebecca slaughter
Aug 18 2011, 09:32 AM
ok farmers get all of your ducks in a row, cause the tonight is the night for the release of farm 11, and all of the other goodies, i can't waite, maybe i need a shot of whisky,
to calm my nerves. ok maybe just a nap, so i will be awake for it. bbl going to go dream about it.

Farmer_Susan
Aug 18 2011, 09:44 AM
I was about to credit Adobe for fixing their mess and now see it is the wonderful FT devs that did it!!! Many thanks, playing is fun again :

I wondered what happened! It didn't work and then it did. Shoulda known it was dev magic!

Farmer_Susan
Aug 18 2011, 09:46 AM
ok farmers get all of your ducks in a row, cause the tonight is the night for the release of farm 11, and all of the other goodies, i can't waite, maybe i need a shot of whisky,
to calm my nerves. ok maybe just a nap, so i will be awake for it. bbl going to go dream about it.

Ummm . . . and where did you get this tantalizing bit of information??? Oh what the heck, may as well dream. Here ducky, ducky, ducky! Let's all get in a row now!

earlgray
Aug 18 2011, 10:41 AM
It would be so nice if, when you had a facility open, and hovered over a product, it would show how much of the product you already had stored (as you can in the market for seeds). It would be a terrific aid in deciding whether or not to produce more of it, without having to go back and forth between the facility manage and storage, as is necessary now.

rebecca slaughter
Aug 18 2011, 12:04 PM
my wish list is get the rest of the start all buttons, got to the market and let tom sell to you, buy as much as you can afford of any product, unlimited number of farms available to purchase. make the oil pumps produce faster. i know im dreaming, but its good to have dreams..

JAS0643
Aug 18 2011, 12:52 PM
It would be so nice if, when you had a facility open, and hovered over a product, it would show how much of the product you already had stored (as you can in the market for seeds). It would be a terrific aid in deciding whether or not to produce more of it, without having to go back and forth between the facility manage and storage, as is necessary now.

I produce everything I have the stuff to produce even if I don't need any of that product. I went in this past weekend and for the first time did a major sell off of stuff I had tons of. I had gone in and some some things I know I had way too much of but not everything before. I had a lot of products that would let me start a bunch of stuff 100 times or more. I had enough waffle cones to start over 1000 loads in the ice cream shop. I made almost 500,000,000 coins doing this. All those things you make way more then you need really add up and can help out a lot when you are trying to save up for a new farm.

SunnyD
Aug 18 2011, 01:27 PM
I produce everything I have the stuff to produce even if I don't need any of that product. I went in this past weekend and for the first time did a major sell off of stuff I had tons of. I had gone in and some some things I know I had way too much of but not everything before. I had a lot of products that would let me start a bunch of stuff 100 times or more. I had enough waffle cones to start over 1000 loads in the ice cream shop. I made almost 500,000,000 coins doing this. All those things you make way more then you need really add up and can help out a lot when you are trying to save up for a new farm.

I did the same thing so i would have some more coins available for farm 11..... i actually sold half of a lot of stuff that i had been holding onto.......i'm still a hoarder lol

bucknine
Aug 18 2011, 01:32 PM
Things are really running slow. I have been booted twice. Could it be??? HHMMMMM!

susme48
Aug 18 2011, 01:42 PM
Ummm . . . and where did you get this tantalizing bit of information??? Oh what the heck, may as well dream. Here ducky, ducky, ducky! Let's all get in a row now!

As a fellow Susan, I say "Quack, Quack, Quack" :D I'd like to think it was tonight....but am not gonna hold my breath. I will just let it be a pleasant surprise...haha....I will be just like everyone else...haunting the forums looking for "clues" :o

Majik Merlin
Aug 18 2011, 02:16 PM
I like the new upgrade in the market where you can't get a pop up for a hire until you reject/accept one aleady sent---however.... Is there any way the hiring farmer can get some kind of notice that their hire request did not go through and to try again???

AND why am I getting so many people accepting jobs but not getting notice that they accept so I wind up hiring too many people to work my farm. Happens a lot, but not everytime.

SunnyD
Aug 18 2011, 02:45 PM
i have a quick question.......sometimes when i hover over the farm diamonds in the upper left corner........ it will say extra instead of the F for fertilized....... anyone know what that means??? not a biggie as i see nothing wrong but just wondered what it does mean.....

dansd111
Aug 18 2011, 03:00 PM
did something just change? I have been getting notification about reaching a new DANs level or belt, but it doesn't let me post it. There is just one button to click okay. when did that happen and was this intentional or is it a glitch?

Taz D
Aug 18 2011, 03:10 PM
did something just change? I have been getting notification about reaching a new DANs level or belt, but it doesn't let me post it. There is just one button to click okay. when did that happen and was this intentional or is it a glitch?
That happens if you have already posted 5 Belt Bonuses within the last 12 hours.

Taz D
Aug 18 2011, 03:11 PM
i have a quick question.......sometimes when i hover over the farm diamonds in the upper left corner........ it will say extra instead of the F for fertilized....... anyone know what that means??? not a biggie as i see nothing wrong but just wondered what it does mean.....
You may have just gotten a preview of something coming in the new release...:D

angelkitten
Aug 18 2011, 04:27 PM
Yep ...What she said....:D:D:D:D

Yeah what she said!! :)

ghostkitten
Aug 18 2011, 04:32 PM
You may have just gotten a preview of something coming in the new release...:D

So I hurry on over to my Farm and hover over everything......Nothing....:o:o....But I still haven't given up on a new farm tonight......But I see Raul hasn't been on for ages....:cool::cool:

max_river
Aug 18 2011, 04:41 PM
it seems that the new stuff comes later at night usual after 12 am dev time cailfornia time

NiMo1960
Aug 18 2011, 04:41 PM
Just had a new look pop up when I sent the request for work on my facilities.
Smaller typing box and a cleaner look.
(or is it just a brief twich in the system?)

SunnyD
Aug 18 2011, 04:57 PM
yup something is up big time............... can't click to save or go to another farm or go offline on my farm lol refreshed three times already............ tried my mouse on other things it works just fine ......hmmm what is up???

NiMo1960
Aug 18 2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah mine too just dropped to snail pace and is taking minutes to change farms

dianedrayson
Aug 18 2011, 05:06 PM
Sorry, but mine still seems the same. It may be happening browser by browser and not have reached mine yet.

ghostkitten
Aug 18 2011, 05:06 PM
yup something is up big time............... can't click to save or go to another farm or go offline on my farm lol refreshed three times already............ tried my mouse on other things it works just fine ......hmmm what is up???
awwwwwwwwww I,m getting nothing.....Farm is working fine....I want my farm to play up too......;););););)

mcdaddie
Aug 18 2011, 05:10 PM
I do know that the Dev's of this game earn kuddo's from everyone on such a great game. But.... they DID NOT fix the Flash problem and the way it effected the text in FarmTown. We all know that it was Adobe's problem from the start, but after Adobe fixed it, the new FireFox took the change and ran with it fine, but Google Chrome has flash integrated into their product. So if you followed all the instructions posted this week about upgrading your Chrome to the new beta version and make it swallow the new flash pill, you had it working already, as I did. But today Google finally upgraded Chrome and when you opened it it was already downloaded and updated ready for you. That is why good ole FarmTown is back to it's great self. <edited for content..>. hahaha, okay, I am done.

JAS0643
Aug 18 2011, 05:15 PM
it seems that the new stuff comes later at night usual after 12 am dev time cailfornia time

The developers are in Miami not California.

StoneFace
Aug 18 2011, 05:15 PM
I do know that the Dev's of this game earn kuddo's from everyone on such a great game. But.... they DID NOT fix the Flash problem and the way it effected the text in FarmTown. We all know that it was Adobe's problem from the start, but after Adobe fixed it, the new FireFox took the change and ran with it fine, but Google Chrome has flash integrated into their product. So if you followed all the instructions posted this week about upgrading your Chrome to the new beta version and make it swallow the new flash pill, you had it working already, as I did. But today Google finally upgraded Chrome and when you opened it it was already downloaded and updated ready for you. That is why good ole FarmTown is back to it's great self. <edited for content..>. hahaha, okay, I am done.

Hey I just bought farms #11, AND #12. And the Auto-All Button will be enabled later tonight.

Plus they gave be $1,000 farm cash for being the only one to get these things.

(just kidding of course)

ghostkitten
Aug 18 2011, 05:16 PM
The developers are in Miami not California.
Yep we've been told....:rolleyes:

Rob T
Aug 18 2011, 05:18 PM
I do know that the Dev's of this game earn kuddo's from everyone on such a great game. But.... they DID NOT fix the Flash problem and the way it effected the text in FarmTown. We all know that it was Adobe's problem from the start, but after Adobe fixed it, the new FireFox took the change and ran with it fine, but Google Chrome has flash integrated into their product. So if you followed all the instructions posted this week about upgrading your Chrome to the new beta version and make it swallow the new flash pill, you had it working already, as I did. But today Google finally upgraded Chrome and when you opened it it was already downloaded and updated ready for you. That is why good ole FarmTown is back to it's great self. <edited for content..> hahaha, okay, I am done.

Actually the devs fixed the game to work around the flash problem before flash fixed the bug in their release.

rebecca slaughter
Aug 18 2011, 05:29 PM
if they lived next door. i would run over and flip the switch myself, while they aren't looking,

Bonnie Caudill
Aug 18 2011, 05:30 PM
Hell Yell, and i would be the look out.....lol

rebecca slaughter
Aug 18 2011, 05:32 PM
i would just ask them for a cup of sugar. while they are busy.. i would sneek and do it..but if i get caught and end up in jail. i will be looking for some bail money from all of you lol