PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- July 28th, 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

StoneFace
Aug 22 2011, 06:41 PM
OH he did that the last time and a few hours later the update came in.. can we be so lucky again? lol :)

yep.... guess I won't be turning in early tonight.

al_bundy
Aug 22 2011, 06:43 PM
hmm this sounds promising...we kidnap raul ...must tell Al Bundy lol

well the mayor and Tom the market dude have been held hostage since last week without food or water.

on that not i suppose i should check on them. id hate to turn the Terranora Lakes Country Farms into a Crime Sean

HelenJS22
Aug 22 2011, 06:46 PM
Yes, and we all wanted the ugly (in my opinion) Mansion :D

I still use it as my house on my default farm. They have added all the new fangled ones but I have no desire to upgrade. I worked hard for that ugly mansion and I'm keeping it. :D

ABSOLUTELY!! I hated that mansion and was not going to put it on my farm when I made it to level 34, but was told by a fellow farmer that It was a status symbol for the work I had done to get there. He then checked on my farm regularly until I duly installed ugly mansion ... which still stands proudly on my very first farm :)

HelenJS22
Aug 22 2011, 06:50 PM
Remember the wait for flowers? "Flowers to be released next week"...month after month after month!

I've noticed the more demanding players now obviously didn't play back then. There were no extra farms, no tools to work them except our old 1x1s (and heaven forbid you click on the wrong box and have to wait for your avatar to circle the entire farm before catching up and allowing you to move on!) and there definitely weren't any quality updates happening. When raspberries came out as a new crop, everyone was shocked because the game had been the same for so long and updates in it were unheard of!

Oh Yeah !!! :eek: The number of times I sat, and sat, and sat waiting impatiently for my wretched little avatar to wander all over the farm, by the very longest route, because I'd had the audacity to accidentally click a single little square out of sequence.

I think that others who have posted recently may well be right in saying that the earliest of players have more patience for the updates now because of the way the game was played in those early months.

We should start our reminiscing posts with 'Back in the old days .....' :D

Taz D
Aug 22 2011, 06:51 PM
ABSOLUTELY!! I hated that mansion and was not going to put it on my farm when I made it to level 34, but was told by a fellow farmer that It was a status symbol for the work I had done to get there. He then checked on my farm regularly until I duly installed ugly mansion ... which still stands proudly on my very first farm :)
This all sounds like the story we heard from our parents about how they walked to school uphill, 5 miles, each way, in the snow, without shoes....:D

Happy pants
Aug 22 2011, 06:53 PM
This all sounds like the story we heard from our parents about how they walked to school uphill, 5 miles, each way, in the snow, without shoes....:D

In my father's pyjamas....

Hornyroo
Aug 22 2011, 06:54 PM

omg yes!!!! i kept it my storage, i know i cuold buy hundreds of the now, but its the point of the thing, back when raspberries and pineapples where un heard off, and pumpkins and mansions were the two biggest goals..

StoneFace
Aug 22 2011, 06:55 PM

It was not that bad.... I had one shoe.... didn't fit well, but I still had one shoe.

levarti2
Aug 22 2011, 06:56 PM

yours too??????? our parents must have known each other :)

Jwebb
Aug 22 2011, 06:59 PM
I started farming in the beginning of Feb of 2009 and joined the forum in March. Back in the good ole days is right!! LOL Harvest, plow, plant one by one took FOREVER!! Facilities? There were none. Couldn't wait to get that ugly ole Mansion! HA! Now people can get to the top with their points in the blink of an eye...very frustrating, but I still love farming!! I'm a FT addict for sure :D

levarti2
Aug 22 2011, 07:01 PM
omg yes!!!! i kept it my storage, i know i cuold buy hundreds of the now, but its the point of the thing, back when raspberries and pineapples where un heard off, and pumpkins and mansions were the two biggest goals..

oh, the good ole days. I used to spend my weekends working on other people's farms (1 plot at a time) to get XP points to level up ... no facilities except the animal barns, that was fun ... but I thoroughly enjoy where I am now. I like my "toys" and extra land and having the ability to do my thing.

DARLENEW
Aug 22 2011, 07:08 PM
yours too??????? our parents must have known each other :)
Lol....mine too.....they must have had their own community with hills, snow, no shoes, and no electricity!!!!!

levarti2
Aug 22 2011, 07:10 PM
well the mayor and Tom the market dude have been held hostage since last week without food or water.

on that not i suppose i should check on them. id hate to turn the Terranora Lakes Country Farms into a Crime Sean

I should have known ... when I went to market today and Tom appeared fragile and pale. You are sly, replacing the "real" Tom with one of those stand up cardboard things. Hopefully it works. I'm ready for the next update.

levarti2
Aug 22 2011, 07:20 PM
Lol....mine too.....they must have had their own community with hills, snow, no shoes, and no electricity!!!!!

yep ... and the hills ONLY went up, never a downhill run

and did you feel sorry for all the starving kids in other countries. My folks made me believe we were the only ones who ever ate, that's why I was supposed to feel lucky to have broccoli on my plate. Now I love having it (in storage on my farm) ... excess 4-day crops make me happy. ;)

angelkitten
Aug 22 2011, 07:22 PM
we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11
you think they got the message ? :)

what they said!!!!! We want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11

Hornyroo
Aug 22 2011, 07:24 PM
what they said!!!!! We want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11 we want farm 11

ditto!! :)

HelenJS22
Aug 22 2011, 07:26 PM
lol - Sorry folks, but when my children tried stuff like that they were made to WAIT LONGER :D

driverdave
Aug 22 2011, 07:26 PM

lol highly unlikely withall the goodies they have access to there

levarti2
Aug 22 2011, 07:29 PM
lol - Sorry folks, but when my children tried stuff like that they were made to WAIT LONGER :D

yeah, the stomping feet thing didn't work in our house either ... but maybe Raul doesn't realize what we want so they're just letting him know (ya think?)

driverdave
Aug 22 2011, 07:31 PM
In the beginning Raul had an idea so he thought upon it and created THE AVATAR
then he saw that the avatar was bored and had nothing for sustenance

so then Raul created THE FARM
which gave the avatar usefull work and provided sustenance

ok i have started this lets see you ppls carry it on lol

HelenJS22
Aug 22 2011, 07:36 PM
yeah, the stomping feet thing didn't work in our house either ... but maybe Raul doesn't realize what we want so they're just letting him know (ya think?)

I have been sending subliminal messages to Raul for weeks via my little fishing Snoopy because I want him to up the ante with crabs :D He's a nice Raul, I know he listens :)

StoneFace
Aug 22 2011, 07:38 PM
server is sllllooooooowwwwwing down..... hhmmm

Brian Sampson
Aug 22 2011, 07:39 PM
Darn, I saw my friends post I 'I have just bought...." post and thought there was a new update. I do not know my non-factory buildings (not a decorator). Guess the tiki hut is not new. Darnit.

Hornyroo
Aug 22 2011, 07:54 PM

wonder if this will w ork then...

http://www.hornyroo.com/mytags/FTJump.gif

Farmer_Susan
Aug 22 2011, 07:57 PM

Ha! Very cute.

DARLENEW
Aug 22 2011, 08:12 PM
yep ... and the hills ONLY went up, never a downhill run

and did you feel sorry for all the starving kids in other countries. My folks made me believe we were the only ones who ever ate, that's why I was supposed to feel lucky to have broccoli on my plate. Now I love having it (in storage on my farm) ... excess 4-day crops make me happy. ;)
Lol...oh yes.....I used to have to "clean my plate" before I left the table, and I sat there for ages after everyone had already finished...at that time, I never felt sorry for anyone else but myself....now I have so much food on my "farms" I could feed the starving for a lifetime!!!!

al_bundy
Aug 22 2011, 08:14 PM

love it how did you make that?

Hornyroo
Aug 22 2011, 08:16 PM
love it how did you make that?

lol in a program called paint shop pro, i make all kinds of things :) i actually make my money for buying FC from graphics i sell using this program..

Hornyroo
Aug 22 2011, 08:17 PM
here is another..

http://www.hornyroo.com/mytags/FTBlink.gif

Docperk
Aug 22 2011, 08:20 PM
Boy I sure have seen some real creativity posted in this forum Some of you may have way too much time on your hands. :) Gotta love it.

Ellen Betty Nelson
Aug 22 2011, 08:54 PM
LOL well with this particular neighbor, which happens to be wife, she is one room on her computer and I am in another on mine. We just holler back and forth at each other we got something that needs to be done. Same thing can be done with other neighbors by sending them a message. Which I also do quite often. Some send me a message, "Hey I got Corn and Wheat read, do you want em?" I replay bask and say "I am on my way!") Same thing with Facilities, I'll post mine and send my top neighbors a message advising that I have posted and they do the same for me.

Would love for hubby to work with me on farm!
He won't touch a computer!
You two are lucky to have each other, Keep up the good work

Hornyroo
Aug 22 2011, 09:03 PM
I do something similar with my son, he plays FT using IE, and I use chrome.. so when i post a request or something, i just open his account in IE and claim it right away.. always comes in handy

HelenJS22
Aug 22 2011, 09:06 PM

LOL - Off to the naughty corner with you :(

maggiel29
Aug 22 2011, 09:49 PM
In the beginning Raul had an idea so he thought upon it and created THE AVATAR
then he saw that the avatar was bored and had nothing for sustenance

so then Raul created THE FARM
which gave the avatar usefull work and provided sustenance

ok i have started this lets see you ppls carry it on lol

then Raul saw that the Avatar was lonely so he created THE NEIGHBOUR so that they might share work and be more fruitful!

pythonis
Aug 22 2011, 09:52 PM
After Raul created THE NEIGHBOR and saw that it was good he created the forum so that everyone could tell him that nothing was ever good enough.

Liam Drake
Aug 22 2011, 10:18 PM
I go to fish... time out.
I go to my gift box... time out.
I go to my oil factory.... time out.

Update? Maybe. But the thing is most of the updates appease the long-time players. I'm level 34, only the Farm Cash stuff is on the table for me.

I just want to play and something is preventing that....

driverdave
Aug 22 2011, 10:21 PM
I go to fish... time out.
I go to my gift box... time out.
I go to my oil factory.... time out.

Update? Maybe. But the thing is most of the updates appease the long-time players. I'm level 34, only the Farm Cash stuff is on the table for me.

I just want to play and something is preventing that....

do you have any other stuff running in the background??? were you online doing other things for a while before you started farming today ??

if you havent already...try reloading the game and / or relogging into facebook or myspace wherever you enter from ....might help

liza1214
Aug 22 2011, 10:58 PM
Okay folks, how about a little role playing. You got nothing else to do, so here we go:

If I were a Dev (FT) I think I could take all this pressure one of two ways.
1. I love my job, I love these farmers, so I feel real bad with all this pressure to get this update out.
2. I love my job, but these ungrateful, whiney, chatter boxes are getting on my nerves so I think I will just drag my feet for another week or so.

Now for realism: FACTS
1. We have had 17 updates since August 2010.
2. The least amount of days between updates was 15 and the most was 29. We are now sitting at 25 since our last. Still within established limits.
3. Updates have come on Mondays (1), Tuesdays (3), Wednesdays (1), Thursdays (4), and Fridays (8). Never on Saturday or Sunday. *** All dates and times are CST ***
4. The earliest time an update was released was 6:07PM and the latest was 4:34AM.

With all this, you can surmise that according to history that the best days to look for our next upgrade is Thursday or Friday somewhere around 9:15PM. It will not be officially late until next Monday Aug. 29. Then you may start biting your nails. :)))))

All in fun, FarmTown is the greatest.

yes i too think the update wont b til friday have had that thought for a while but will always hope for a little surprise!!!!
oh and i remember the old days the fingers did they get a work out.....i swear i have 1 pointer finger bigger than the other......slave labour!!!!

Taz D
Aug 22 2011, 11:49 PM
WHy are you all hanging around the forums?? :confused:;)

al_bundy
Aug 22 2011, 11:51 PM

we all hanging around the forums like ahttp://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSJbHPm2Rkjgeo1JNo91y7MaY0p_lEC pBjqApKTw-cKZC6veoE

because we think the update is just on the other side :cool:

HelenJS22
Aug 23 2011, 12:04 AM

Shhhhh - We is spying on Raul, and if he spots us he might not venture into the room. :cool:

gffarmer
Aug 23 2011, 12:08 AM
Shhhhh - We is spying on Raul, and if he spots us he might not venture into the room. :cool:

Ok I will tip toe in my stocking feet so as not to make any noise. :) Any good news yet:confused:

HelenJS22
Aug 23 2011, 12:14 AM
Well a little while ago I was in the middle of fertilizing my farm, when the little icon disappeared, and the remaining farms were done instantly without raining fertilizer. I logged out and back in again to be sure they were all done and they were ..... so ..... it is sometimes little glitches like these that happen just prior to an update. The game is certainly running a little unstable at the moment so ................ (holds breath)

pythonis
Aug 23 2011, 12:16 AM
Ive often wondered the same about you, Taz. Do you ever sleep?

Taz D
Aug 23 2011, 12:20 AM
Ive often wondered the same about you, Taz. Do you ever sleep?
I'll never tell.....:p:D

pythonis
Aug 23 2011, 12:22 AM
I'll never tell.....:p:DAhhh but we have ways of making you talk

justmecookin
Aug 23 2011, 12:32 AM
Rule of thumb....do not put pressure on the hand that feeds our addiction....lol.lol...update will come when it comes....lol

Taz D
Aug 23 2011, 12:42 AM
Ahhh but we have ways of making you talk
I took survival training in the Air Force....I am wise to your ways and will never talk.....:D

susme48
Aug 23 2011, 12:56 AM
I love all the old days talk...funny how we all had the same parents, and all lived where it snowed the whole school years, as well as had mountainous hills that only went up. :D
And boy do I remember the clicking and clicking and clicking....sigh!! Went thru' mice like crazy!! Wore them slap out!

My hubby, who passed on Feb 28th, got me into FT...and boy did he regret it!! I resisted, knowing I am an addictive personality...but he insisted. Then he complained that all I did was farm...lol We shouted from room to room as well...or sent messages if our son was asleep. After 3 yrs of playing together, I miss that, and I miss him!

May I have farm 11 as a consolation gift? Please Raul??? I need this to not go crazy (or is it that I am already crazy and I need this to keep from becoming violent???)

Maybe it is time to go to FTAA...sigh...I am jonesing!

al_bundy
Aug 23 2011, 12:57 AM
I love all the old days talk...funny how we all had the same parents, and all lived where it snowed the whole school years, as well as had mountainous hills that only went up. :D
And boy do I remember the clicking and clicking and clicking....sigh!! Went thru' mice like crazy!! Wore them slap out!

My hubby, who passed on Feb 28th, got me into FT...and boy did he regret it!! I resisted, knowing I am an addictive personality...but he insisted. Then he complained that all I did was farm...lol We shouted from room to room as well...or sent messages if our son was asleep. After 3 yrs of playing together, I miss that, and I miss him!

May I have farm 11 as a consolation gift? Please Raul??? I need this to not go crazy (or is it that I am already crazy and I need this to keep from becoming violent???)

Maybe it is time to go to FTAA...sigh...I am jonesing!

Raul is teasing us.:mad:

Docperk
Aug 23 2011, 01:15 AM
Well I am giving up for the night, it is 1:15 a.m. here. Maybe I will have a nice surprise in the morning.

al_bundy
Aug 23 2011, 03:30 AM
Help The mayor & Tom the market dude have excaped from the barn where i had them held captive and there not happy I need to get them back in untill f11 is released any helpers?

http://www.cinezik.org/critiques/jaquettes/28-weeks-img.jpg

driverdave
Aug 23 2011, 03:48 AM
Help The mayor & Tom the market dude have excaped from the barn where i had them held captive and there not happy I need to get them back in untill f11 is released any helpers?

on the way Al........

AussieGecko
Aug 23 2011, 05:25 AM
I'm here to help you Al, I've checked the market and can't see them there. Where else should I look?

maggiel29
Aug 23 2011, 05:42 AM

I will send my fearless Westie after them - he will corner them while you get the cuffs on them

rjohn726
Aug 23 2011, 06:49 AM
I think that they put something in the system last week on Wednesday or Thursday. That created more than a few problems all over the system as there were many complaints including I was just frustrated on three of my farms and just quit. The following day, I think it was Saturday all was ok with my farms and I think that the reason is that they backed the change out. Therefore, I think that something new was there along with farm 11. But I don’t think that we’ll see it now as there were way too many problems with what they put into the system. I think that we’ll just see farm 11 and the changes for something new and different a few weeks later.

kosp41302
Aug 23 2011, 06:53 AM
6:49am here was hoping for a nice surprise before work. so i came here and NADA :( i am hoping they update while i am away from my pc for a few hours doing that thing called work. that way i can putter with it all evening and all day tomorrow since i am off.

StoneFace
Aug 23 2011, 07:19 AM
6:49am here was hoping for a nice surprise before work. so i came here and NADA :( i am hoping they update while i am away from my pc for a few hours doing that thing called work. that way i can putter with it all evening and all day tomorrow since i am off.

Ain't it great.... to plan our silly, boring lives around the active reality of Farm Town... lol

After two years, I guess it has become second nature for me to just automatically plan, plant, work my accounts around all the intrusive outside interferences to my acquiring coin and FT$$....

this is all real money, right? right? RIGHT??

:eek:

al_bundy
Aug 23 2011, 08:02 AM
I think that they put something in the system last week on Wednesday or Thursday. That created more than a few problems all over the system as there were many complaints including I was just frustrated on three of my farms and just quit. The following day, I think it was Saturday all was ok with my farms and I think that the reason is that they backed the change out. Therefore, I think that something new was there along with farm 11. But I don’t think that we’ll see it now as there were way too many problems with what they put into the system. I think that we’ll just see farm 11 and the changes for something new and different a few weeks later.

the earlier problems were not caused by farm town but rather that of adobe however there was a server problem on the weekend i think we might see the new release by friday.

kahra01
Aug 23 2011, 08:17 AM

ROFLMAO! what a motley looking pair they are! bahahaha

HelenJS22
Aug 23 2011, 08:39 AM
ROFLMAO! what a motley looking pair they are! bahahaha

LOL - At least we have plenty of entertainment here in the forum while we wait.

StoneFace
Aug 23 2011, 08:58 AM

So the mayor and Tom eventually died in their captivity and went to heaven.

God greeted them, and said "I'm sorry, gentlemen, but your big, red, ugly mansions aren't ready yet. Until they are, I can send you back to Earth as whatever you want to be."

"Great!" said the Mayor, "I want to be an eagle soaring above beautiful scenery, because the devs never supplied that in my game!"

"No problem," replied God, and POOF! The mayor was gone and became an eagle.

"And what do you want to be," God asked Tom.

"I'd like to be one cool stud going places, instead of just hanging out at the market with the same old pick-up line!" was the reply.

"Easy," replied God, and Tom was gone to his new life as a stud.

After a few months, the release date came and their mansions were finished, and God sent an angel/avatar to fetch them back.

"You'll find them easily," God tells the angel/avatar, "One of them is soaring above the Grand Canyon, and the other one is on a snow tire somewhere in Detroit!"

driverdave
Aug 23 2011, 09:03 AM
got to love the humour @ Stoneface...please keep it coming i made a small contribution to your laughs thread in social

StoneFace
Aug 23 2011, 09:29 AM
One day some fisherman/avatars caught tons of fish called tench (which we all know are presently useless in Farm Town)

The fisherman/avatars couldn't eat them all so they gave them to the Mayor of Farm Town.

The Mayor wasn't sure what to do with them. Then he had an idea; he would have a fish-eating competition.

When they had the competition, there were two finalists: a man from a farm called Fife, whose name was Mr. Hicks and a man that was from Sweden, whose name is Sven.

So they had the final; the Mayor fired the starting pistol and they started eating the tench.

No sooner had Mr. Hicks bitten the fish than one of his teeth fell out. He couldn't eat and because of this he stopped, but the Mayor refused to stop the competition.

So Sven kept on eating and ended up eating nine of these tench fish.

The next day the headlines read:

ONE TOOTH FREE FOR FIFE HICKS, SVEN ATE NINE TENCH! :rolleyes::p:cool:

(sorry guys... but I thought it was appropriate .... since we too are stopped at tench for the moment... lol)

susme48
Aug 23 2011, 10:34 AM
snicker....snort....hehehe...hahaha....way to punny!!! :D

dottyF
Aug 23 2011, 10:52 AM
Rearranged my farms and made more space so Im ready now for an update.

chocoholics2
Aug 23 2011, 12:37 PM
It must be Groundhog day, I keep living a day without farm 11 over and over and over ..... :):):):)

farmer fitchy
Aug 23 2011, 01:08 PM
you forgot the bit where they walked 1000 miles over broken glass with no shoes :p

i remember being desperate for the white house but 300,000 coins was out of reach. Now a beginner can work on other peoples facs, and have 10 million in no time, then buy and delete houses and be on level 30 in a few days. crazy.
I was so excited when I worked on someones farm who was level 34, they had such cool stuff and the farm was enormous!! and we patched our rivers with paths- WOW remember when paths came out! and rich people had hedges instead of white fences. and i didnt get why the animals didnt eat the crops ....!

Ilsewdm
Aug 23 2011, 02:08 PM
I'm glad the devs are in Florida and not in Virginia. No earthquake excuses.:o

JennaSweetness
Aug 23 2011, 02:30 PM
I'm glad the devs are in Florida and not in Virginia. No earthquake excuses.:o

No hurricane excuses now either since Hurricane Irene is moving east of FL. :)

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 03:10 PM
ok what is up with the fourm? i can't go back to my farm..am i being held hostage? i have nothing to do with the update i swear. i mean i want my farm 11 but i don't want to stay in the forum all night. and why is everything so slow i can type all of this and then it shows up after i quit typing.

StoneFace
Aug 23 2011, 03:17 PM
Farm town has strange and slow running clocks.

A blonde/avatar once asked another farmer what time it was, and they told her it was 4:45. The blonde/avatar, with a puzzled look on her face replied, "You know, it's the weirdest thing, I have been asking that question all day, and each time I get a different answer."

maybe there is something wrong with your computer.... like ..... Farmer computer definitions.....

BACKUP - What you do when you run across a skunk in the woods

BAR CODE - Them's the fight'n rules down at the local tavern

BUG - The reason you give for calling in sick

BYTE - What you pit bull dun to cusin Jethro

CACHE - Needed when you run out of food stamps

CHIP - Pasture muffins that you try not to step in

TERMINAL - Time to call the undertaker

CRASH - When you go to Junior's party uninvited

DIGITAL - The art of counting on your fingers

DISKETTE - Female Disco Dancer

FAX - What you lie about to the IRS

HACKER - Uncle Leroy after 32 years of smoking

HARD COPY - Picture looked at when selecting tattoos

INTERNET - Where cafeteria workers put their hair

KEYBOARD - Where you hang the keys to the John Deere

MAC - Big Bubba's favorite fast food

MEGAHERTZ - How your head feels after 17 beers

MODEM - What you did when the grass and weeds got too tall

MOUSE PAD - Where Mickey and Minnie live

NETWORK - Scoop'n up a big fish before it breaks the line

ONLINE - Where to stay when taking the sobriety test

ROM - Where the pope lives

SCREEN - Helps keep the skeeters off the porch

SERIAL PORT - A red wine you drink with breakfast

SUPERCONDUCTOR - Amtrak's Employee of the year

SCSI - What you call your week old underwear

gffarmer
Aug 23 2011, 04:41 PM
Farm town has strange and slow running clocks.

A blonde/avatar once asked another farmer what time it was, and they told her it was 4:45. The blonde/avatar, with a puzzled look on her face replied, "You know, it's the weirdest thing, I have been asking that question all day, and each time I get a different answer."

maybe there is something wrong with your computer.... like ..... Farmer computer definitions.....

BACKUP - What you do when you run across a skunk in the woods

BAR CODE - Them's the fight'n rules down at the local tavern

BUG - The reason you give for calling in sick

BYTE - What you pit bull dun to cusin Jethro

CACHE - Needed when you run out of food stamps

CHIP - Pasture muffins that you try not to step in

TERMINAL - Time to call the undertaker

CRASH - When you go to Junior's party uninvited

DIGITAL - The art of counting on your fingers

DISKETTE - Female Disco Dancer

FAX - What you lie about to the IRS

HACKER - Uncle Leroy after 32 years of smoking

HARD COPY - Picture looked at when selecting tattoos

INTERNET - Where cafeteria workers put their hair

KEYBOARD - Where you hang the keys to the John Deere

MAC - Big Bubba's favorite fast food

MEGAHERTZ - How your head feels after 17 beers

MODEM - What you did when the grass and weeds got too tall

MOUSE PAD - Where Mickey and Minnie live

NETWORK - Scoop'n up a big fish before it breaks the line

ONLINE - Where to stay when taking the sobriety test

ROM - Where the pope lives

SCREEN - Helps keep the skeeters off the porch

SERIAL PORT - A red wine you drink with breakfast

SUPERCONDUCTOR - Amtrak's Employee of the year

SCSI - What you call your week old underwear
Ha HA HA Way too funny! Love your jokes:D:D

NiMo1960
Aug 23 2011, 05:10 PM
Just emptied my storage of non ingredients (over 777,000,000) as I was waiting for the update, so now I haveprobably sold bits I would now want in the next update it is sure to arrive tomorrow.
Nite all

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 05:32 PM
undate aug 23,2011.....new release farm 11, start all button for remaining facilities and by friday aug 26 farms 12,13,14,15 new seads new trees and 20 new facilities ...if im going to dream i want it to a big happy one and do it before 700pm please please pretty please

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 05:37 PM
tony d i just saw that you are a dev and a mod .... well develope my farm 11 thank you:)

Tony D
Aug 23 2011, 05:39 PM
tony d i just saw that you are a dev and a mod .... well develope my farm 11 thank youHe he he , I am just a Mod ... I would give you your much anticipated 11th farm if I could :)

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 05:40 PM
you're on the list i just saw you on the list with raul

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 05:45 PM
where is the rubber room i need it bad

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 05:49 PM
ok so lets go back in time......my mommy always said "if it is worth having...then its worth asking for" so here goes hi raul could you please let me have my farm 11 and the rest of the goodies.. i will clean my farm and eat all of my veg and not talk back too much, for at least a week thank you and have a good day along with happy farming but please don't make me eat spinach

StoneFace
Aug 23 2011, 05:52 PM
This poem could send anyone to a rubber room....

Many, many years ago When I was twenty three,
I got married to a widow, Pretty as could be.

This widow had a grown-up daughter With flowing hair of red.
My father fell in love with her, And soon the two were wed.

This made my dad my son-in-law And changed my very life.
Now my daughter was my mother, For she was my father's wife.

To complicate the matters worse, Although it brought me joy.
I soon became the father Of a bouncing baby boy.

My little baby then became A brother-in-law to dad.
And so became my uncle, Though it made me very sad.

For if he was my uncle, Then that also made him brother
To the widow's grown-up-daughter Who, of course, was my step-mother.

Father's wife then had a son, Who kept them on the run.
And he became my grandson, For he was my daughter's son,

My wife is now my mother's mother And it makes me blue.
Because, although she is my wife, She's my grandma too.

If my wife is my grandmother, Then I am her grandchild.
And every time I think of it, it simply drives me wild.

For now I have become The strangest case you ever saw.
As the husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa!

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 05:58 PM
stoneface you are just too funny.. you are keeping me sane in my time of need

StoneFace
Aug 23 2011, 06:26 PM
For those of you who have all your crops planted, and all your facilities full.... and all your tools, buildings and decorations bought.....

and if you are just sitting there with nothing to do while you wait for farm #11 and more levels, and more goodies....

try:

sitting out front in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

Pay your bills and in the memo field of all your checks, write 'for sexual favors.'

Finish all your sentences with "In accordance with the prophet (your name)."

Call the psychic hotline and don't say anything.

Tell your children over dinner, "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."

HelenJS22
Aug 23 2011, 06:31 PM
So the mayor and Tom eventually died in their captivity and went to heaven.

God greeted them, and said "I'm sorry, gentlemen, but your big, red, ugly mansions aren't ready yet. Until they are, I can send you back to Earth as whatever you want to be."

"Great!" said the Mayor, "I want to be an eagle soaring above beautiful scenery, because the devs never supplied that in my game!"

"No problem," replied God, and POOF! The mayor was gone and became an eagle.

"And what do you want to be," God asked Tom.

"I'd like to be one cool stud going places, instead of just hanging out at the market with the same old pick-up line!" was the reply.

"Easy," replied God, and Tom was gone to his new life as a stud.

After a few months, the release date came and their mansions were finished, and God sent an angel/avatar to fetch them back.

"You'll find them easily," God tells the angel/avatar, "One of them is soaring above the Grand Canyon, and the other one is on a snow tire somewhere in Detroit!"

LOL - Soooooo funny !!!!

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2011, 06:38 PM
For those of you who have all your crops planted, and all your facilities full.... and all your tools, buildings and decorations bought.....

and if you are just sitting there with nothing to do while you wait for farm #11 and more levels, and more goodies....

try:

sitting out front in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

Pay your bills and in the memo field of all your checks, write 'for sexual favors.'

Tell your children over dinner, "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."

:D priceless!!

StoneFace
Aug 23 2011, 06:42 PM
At the Little Red Modern School House at Farm Town....

One day at the end of class little Billy"s teacher has the class go home and think of story and then conclude the moral of that story....

The following day the teacher asks for the first volunteer to tell their story and little Suzy raises her hand... "my dad owns 10 farms and every Sunday we load the chicken eggs on the truck and drive into town to sell them at the market... well one Sunday we hit a big bump and all the eggs flew out of the basket and onto the road" ... teacher asks for the moral of the story... Suzy replies, "don't keep all your eggs in one basket"

Next is little Lucy.... "well my dad owns 10 farms too and every weekend we take the chicken eggs and put them in the incubator" .... "last weekend only 8 of the 12 eggs hatched"....Teacher asks for the moral of the story.... Lucy replies "don't count your eggs before they're hatched"

Last is little Billy.... "My dad owns farms too, but when he fought in the Vietnam war, his plane was shot down over enemy territory" over the rice paddies...... "he jumped out before it crashed with only a case of beer, a machine gun and a machete".... "on the way down he drank the case of beer".... "unfortunately he landed right in the middle of 100 enemy soldiers".... "he shot 70 with his machine gun, but ran out of bullets, so he pulled out his machete and killed 20 more, but the blade on his machete broke, so he killed the last ten with his strong, bare, farmer hands"

Teacher looks in shock at Billy and asks if there is possibly any moral to his story.... Billy replies, "don't "mess" with my dad when he's been drinking"

Tony D
Aug 23 2011, 06:48 PM
ok so lets go back in time......my mommy always said "if it is worth having...then its worth asking for" so here goes hi raul could you please let me have my farm 11 and the rest of the goodies.. i will clean my farm and eat all of my veg and not talk back too much, for at least a week thank you and have a good day along with happy farming but please don't make me eat spinachAre you sure she didn't say "if its worth having then its worth waiting for" :p

Bonnie Caudill
Aug 23 2011, 06:50 PM
I'm older than Rebecca and yes she did say that......

Bonnie Caudill
Aug 23 2011, 06:50 PM
Tony is right....if it is worth having then it is worth waiting for...

StoneFace
Aug 23 2011, 06:51 PM
I went into the Market Place to work (because I had nothing to do while waiting for a couple of farm #11s) and every female in there was a blond.

I said " ....wow, look at all the blonds in here .... its like Baywatch in overalls."

Never got hires so fast in years. !!!!

:D

Liam Drake
Aug 23 2011, 06:53 PM
I had a weird dream that I came to Farm Town one morning and there was a turtle in the Gift Menu. LOL

Yeah I know..... what would one use a turtle for?

Tony D
Aug 23 2011, 06:53 PM
I had a weird dream that I came to Farm Town one morning and there was a turtle in the Gift Menu. LOL

:DA turtle neck sweater ????? {sorry}

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 06:55 PM
we tried to get mommy to ask daddy for us, and she would always say that but bonnie is older and her memory is fading fast.

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 06:58 PM
bonnie has to go to bed real soon (she has to work tomorrow) when she goes to bed can i have my farm 11 that way i get it before she does heheheheh.... but i will leave her a note and let her know i got mine first..

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 07:01 PM
Are you sure she didn't say "if its worth having then its worth waiting for" :p

and waiting and waiting and waiting :(

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 07:04 PM
ok my sister bonnie has gone to bed can i have my farm 11 now:)

Tony D
Aug 23 2011, 07:08 PM
ok my sister bonnie has gone to bed can i have my farm 11 now:)Sure........

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 07:15 PM
Sure........

no really she has to get up at 3:00am go ahead and check she is not online

sqrfolkdnc
Aug 23 2011, 07:16 PM

For a fantasy world.

Discworld is a comic fantasy book series by English author Sir Terry Pratchett,[1] set on the Discworld, a flat world balanced on the backs of four elephants which, in turn, stand on the back of a giant turtle,[2] Great A'Tuin.

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 07:33 PM
ok with nothing to do...how do i get a photo of me on the forum when i post. ty

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2011, 08:00 PM
I went into the Market Place to work (because I had nothing to do while waiting for a couple of farm #11s) and every female in there was a blond.

I said " ....wow, look at all the blonds in here .... its like Baywatch in overalls."

Never got hires so fast in years. !!!!

u continue to crack me up.. your making this waiting busniess so more enjoyable:D

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2011, 08:04 PM
ok i have to admit something horrible i did 2 days ago... i was in the market place looking for work, it was crowded with beggers, so i typed "OMG they just released and update with Farm 11!!!" never seen the place clear out so fast!!! hehe i got hired very quickly after that :P

yeah i know, im sooooooooo not nice, but us addicts will stoop to any level to get our fix :P

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2011, 08:05 PM
hmm and i tried loading game, its hanging again......

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2011, 08:06 PM
false alarm...:(

StoneFace
Aug 23 2011, 08:31 PM
ok i have to admit something horrible i did 2 days ago... i was in the market place looking for work, it was crowded with beggers, so i typed "OMG they just released and update with Farm 11!!!" never seen the place clear out so fast!!! hehe i got hired very quickly after that :P

yeah i know, im sooooooooo not nice, but us addicts will stoop to any level to get our fix :P

ooo.... I have just GOT to try that....hhahahah thanks

ghostkitten
Aug 23 2011, 08:35 PM
Oh something is coming...:D:D:D,,Timouts coming out my yin yan....:p

Docperk
Aug 23 2011, 08:45 PM

I looked and nobody else said it so I thought I would, first thing that comes to my mind is turtle soup. Could be another item for the Soup Restaurant.

SeniorCornwall
Aug 23 2011, 08:55 PM
Another day without the upgrade.... no farm 11.... no new tools.... no new facilities... no new service factories....

Got the coins - got the Farm Cash - got the time..... NOW !!!!!!!

All planted in all my farms.... All my factories are full to the rafters.....

Just waiting for the new farm 11 to rearrange.....

Oh where oh where is farm 11.....

If 11 is not around the corner, how about allowing 30 x 30 farms for 1 to 10 ? That would keep me busy while I wait for farm 11 :)

Pretty please........ :)

al_bundy
Aug 23 2011, 09:12 PM
I have instructed my thug friends below to go and beat the mayor and Tom The Market dude to a pulp if the new release hasnt shown by friday

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/01/10/1225985/149872-home-and-away-bra-boys.jpg

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2011, 09:27 PM
I have instructed my thug friends below to go and beat the mayor and Tom The Market dude to a pulp if the new release hasnt shown by friday

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/01/10/1225985/149872-home-and-away-bra-boys.jpg

ewwwwww home and away!!!!!!!:eek:

al_bundy
Aug 23 2011, 09:27 PM
I like this idea. Have been wondering if they couldn't expand farms we already have. Not sure i can keep track of more than 12 farms...LOL

nope 24x24 is the largest due to flash player restrictions

1fritz
Aug 23 2011, 09:28 PM
I give up:( It's not going to happen till Friday, and as much as I enjoy Stoneface's stories and jokes (thank you for them) And the other humorous comments. I'll be back Friday.

Fritz

Pippilotta444

try:

:)
thanks for all your posts Stoneface, you sure make the wait a bit sunnier!!

al_bundy
ewwwwww home and away!!!!!!!:eek:

i guess your a neighbours fan double :eek::eek::eek:

ameliacarr
Another day without the upgrade.... no farm 11.... no new tools.... no new facilities... no new service factories....

Got the coins - got the Farm Cash - got the time..... NOW !!!!!!!

All planted in all my farms.... All my factories are full to the rafters.....

Just waiting for the new farm 11 to rearrange.....

Oh where oh where is farm 11.....

If 11 is not around the corner, how about allowing 30 x 30 farms for 1 to 10 ? That would keep me busy while I wait for farm 11 :)

Pretty please........ :)
I like this idea. Have been wondering if they couldn't expand farms we already have. Not sure i can keep track of more than 12 farms...LOL

ameliacarr
Aug 23 2011, 09:33 PM
nope 24x24 is the largest due to flash player restrictions

oh, that makes me sad :( ok, just keep the new farms coming then!!:)

Pippilotta444
Aug 23 2011, 09:33 PM
you forgot the bit where they walked 1000 miles over broken glass with no shoes :p

i remember being desperate for the white house but 300,000 coins was out of reach. Now a beginner can work on other peoples facs, and have 10 million in no time, then buy and delete houses and be on level 30 in a few days. crazy.
I was so excited when I worked on someones farm who was level 34, they had such cool stuff and the farm was enormous!! and we patched our rivers with paths- WOW remember when paths came out! and rich people had hedges instead of white fences. and i didnt get why the animals didnt eat the crops ....!

:) I sure remember those days, how hard I worked to level up... then one day... all of a sudden I realized i could hire people to work on my farm...lol...

rebecca slaughter
Aug 23 2011, 09:46 PM

ooooooooooooh nice but forget tom and the mayor, send them to my house i will give them a workout lol

ButtonDogArt
Aug 23 2011, 10:03 PM
Where do we get the sap to make the maple syrup? It doesn't appear to be coming from the maple trees I have...

matrix1272
Aug 23 2011, 10:04 PM
it comes from the Red Maple trees

AussieGecko
Aug 23 2011, 10:07 PM

I was excited and hopeful that I would log in and find NEW STUFF!!! Alas poor me it was not to be today. After reading this comment above I have decided to fill in my time in a devlish way and go to the markets and spread rumours that Farm 11 is out and watch them all disappear. I might as well have some fun yes? Thank you Hornyroo. Just love it!!:p

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2011, 10:11 PM
i guess your a neighbours fan double :eek::eek::eek:

ewwwww to that too lol :D

matrix1272
Aug 23 2011, 10:16 PM
Tony D dissappeared, is Tony and Raul having a chat??? :-)

matrix1272
Aug 23 2011, 10:26 PM
Pass some time while we wait some more, & more.......

OMG!....I was in in the public restroom - I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice in the other stall: "Hi, how are you?"........Me: embarrassed, "Doin' fine! "Stall: "So what are you up to?".......Me: "Uhhh, I'm like you, just sitting here. "Stall: "Can I come over?" ......... Me: (attitude) "No, I'm a little busy right now!! "Stall: "Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions!

kahra01
Aug 23 2011, 10:32 PM

OMG that is so bad lmao.. i love it! kinda makes me proud to be an aussie too! bahahaha :p

kahra01
Aug 23 2011, 10:36 PM
i have instructed my thug friends below to go and beat the mayor and tom the market dude to a pulp if the new release hasnt shown by friday

omg.. Send bracks my way... He's epically hot!!

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2011, 10:36 PM
OMG that is so bad lmao.. i love it! kinda makes me proud to be an aussie too! bahahaha :p

heh funny how its only the aussies who get this type of humour:D

Tony D
Aug 23 2011, 10:50 PM
Tony D dissappeared, is Tony and Raul having a chat??? :-)My lips are sealed .....:D

ghostkitten
Aug 23 2011, 10:56 PM
My lips are sealed .....:D

Oi...That sounds promising ....:p

matrix1272
Aug 23 2011, 10:59 PM
Hope not to tight Tony lol.... How is our Good Friend and Dev Raul doin there in FL. Did he say if the bad weather is going to affect him???

matrix1272
Aug 23 2011, 10:59 PM
Oi...That sounds promising ....:p

Thats what I was thinking :-) :-)

matrix1272
Aug 23 2011, 11:08 PM
Tony that was a quick dissappearing act that time lol

kahra01
Aug 23 2011, 11:26 PM

lmao yeah, most dont get our humour.. its kinda cheeky, devilish, mischievious and most foreigners just look at us with this strange look bahahaha.. My ex husband and our best mate went to the Eiffel Tower on their travels.. they were in the elevators and some one (how can I say this politely?) passed wind and it was really really bad... Steve and Rick were laughing so hard they were crying and were literally almost on the deck.. the door opened and two girls standing there were nearly knocked over by the smell and backed away! Oddly all the ones in the lift were horrified by this behaviour by the aussie guys and presumed they did it! How could the one that did it actually keep a straight face Ill never know... Most just dont have our humour sussed out yet lmao :) :) :)

kahra01
Aug 23 2011, 11:31 PM
Ok now that I'm really bored with nothing left to do, let's have a guessing game! What features, tools or new products in facilities, do we all think might be in this release? A tad too hard to guess what facilities might appear though! Im seriously hoping we get a start all button for more facilities.. and store all button for the complete facility manager would be a cool thing.. and a Marino Sheep.. never seem to be able to build up the sheep wool! :)

HelenJS22
Aug 23 2011, 11:35 PM

So are we 'funny ha ha' or 'funny peculiar' ???

Oh, and Bracks is a Pussy Cat !!

kahra01
Aug 23 2011, 11:46 PM

Oh, and Bracks is a Pussy Cat !!

OMG helen, thats blasphomy... he is just gorgeous! love his character! lmao poor Neighbours... have no hunks! :P

Tony D
Aug 23 2011, 11:47 PM

Oh, and Bracks is a Pussy Cat !!Both :D .....

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2011, 11:52 PM
well im off to work, maybe i might get lucky when i get home :0

max_river
Aug 24 2011, 12:15 AM
is it me or is farm town acting up again. i am having the same issues as the other night when servers had the issues. i even did all the stuff we are told to fix it. maybe we are going to get the new stuff soon.

al_bundy
Aug 24 2011, 12:16 AM
is it me or is farm town acting up again. i am having the same issues as the other night when servers had the issues. i even did all the stuff we are told to fix it. maybe we are going to get the new stuff soon.

one of my neighbours got booted during harvesting.

max_river
Aug 24 2011, 12:21 AM
that sucks when that happens. i keep getting the time outs and taking for ever tonight to fill my factories

Taz D
Aug 24 2011, 12:36 AM
Wishful thinking....:rolleyes::D

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 01:03 AM
My lips are sealed .....:D

lmao Tony and Im betting you told Raul to keep us waiting longer coz its fun to watch the caged animals acting up in anticipation hahahaha :p

Tony D
Aug 24 2011, 01:05 AM
lmao Tony and Im betting you told Raul to keep us waiting longer coz its fun to watch the caged animals acting up in anticipation hahahaha :pI may have mentioned that there was no rush as everyone was happy to wait :p

Oopsy-Bumpty
Aug 24 2011, 01:17 AM
I may have mentioned that there was no rush as everyone was happy to wait :p

sounds about right....:rolleyes:

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 01:25 AM
I may have mentioned that there was no rush as everyone was happy to wait :p

LMAO of course, you being aussie and all.. this doesnt surprise me.. like I said, we have a twisted way with humour bahahaha:p

Oopsy-Bumpty
Aug 24 2011, 01:32 AM
LMAO of course, you being aussie and all.. this doesnt surprise me.. like I said, we have a twisted way with humour bahahaha:p

I suppose you think you're funny too huh:confused::confused: Don't you feel any shame watching us all suffer this way:confused:

I haven't eaten for days for fear of leaving my desk and missing that long awaited farm, at this rate I will be so malnourished I will be too weak to even click my mouse to buy the thing. :eek:

Making us wait like this is cruel, plain and simple :(

HelenJS22
Aug 24 2011, 01:56 AM
OMG helen, thats blasphomy... he is just gorgeous! love his character! lmao poor Neighbours... have no hunks! :P

Oh alright then, he's kind of a CUTE pussy cat :D

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 01:59 AM
Oh alright then, he's kind of a CUTE pussy cat :D

lmao good girl.. thought I could get you to see things my way hahahahaha

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 01:59 AM
I suppose you think you're funny too huh:confused::confused: Don't you feel any shame watching us all suffer this way:confused:

I haven't eaten for days for fear of leaving my desk and missing that long awaited farm, at this rate I will be so malnourished I will be too weak to even click my mouse to buy the thing. :eek:

Making us wait like this is cruel, plain and simple :(

lmao yep i think its funny... I got things on the go with my farm so I can certainly wait for the update... Tony totally amuses me big time lmao

Oopsy-Bumpty
Aug 24 2011, 02:09 AM
lmao yep i think its funny... I got things on the go with my farm so I can certainly wait for the update... Tony totally amuses me big time lmao

Actually I think it's funny too. I haven't been here for a few days, so reading up on all these desperate posts did make me giggle.

As for Tony well, I would agree with you about making me laugh, but I think it might go to his head which is already looking a bit disproportionate to his body :D

Tony D
Aug 24 2011, 02:35 AM
Actually I think it's funny too. I haven't been here for a few days, so reading up on all these desperate posts did make me giggle.

As for Tony well, I would agree with you about making me laugh, but I think it might go to his head which is already looking a bit disproportionate to his body :D::: GLARES ::: :p

HelenJS22
Aug 24 2011, 02:40 AM
::: GLARES ::: :p

Ahhhh - you are awake Tony. I thought they had caught you napping :D

driverdave
Aug 24 2011, 02:44 AM
have to get u ladies to hold tony down and we inject truth serum and find out all of the awesome things that are coming in farmtown lool

susme48
Aug 24 2011, 03:33 AM
well...here I sit at 3:27 am...I just rearranged my farms...very careful to run the facilities down to nothing before moving them...and of course, I forgot one tiny little thing...I did not empty them...rofl...so I might as well have moved them this afternoon...instead of staying up so late. And there is no farm 11 either...so I will be tired tomorrow for nothing...sigh

Oh and send the thugs over here...I need help finishing up the move to a new house...I spend too much time in here, and keep putting off emptying boxes and the carport. But I still say I am NOT addicted...lol

al_bundy
Aug 24 2011, 03:53 AM
Mob Waiting for Farm 11 & new Levels :D

http://w2aiq.servebbs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/angry-mob.png

driverdave
Aug 24 2011, 03:54 AM
Denial is a fair indication that you are lol

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 03:58 AM
Mob Waiting for Farm 11 & new Levels :D

http://w2aiq.servebbs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/angry-mob.png

omg lmao... I can so see this happening! too funny

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 04:03 AM

As for Tony well, I would agree with you about making me laugh, but I think it might go to his head which is already looking a bit disproportionate to his body :D

lmao utoh... tony's glaring at you... id be scared hahahahaha

Yeah its a funny thread for sure! :)

al_bundy
Aug 24 2011, 04:20 AM
Passing Time Waiting for the new goodies

http://i.mybench.co/graf/en/photos/2916_Crazy_farmer.jpg

danielralph72au
Aug 24 2011, 04:35 AM
the only thing i hire people to do on my farms is trees cos i do everything myself

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 04:44 AM
Passing Time Waiting for the new goodies

http://i.mybench.co/graf/en/photos/2916_Crazy_farmer.jpg

wow i want a tractor that does that! coolness :D

Oopsy-Bumpty
Aug 24 2011, 04:53 AM
::: GLARES ::: :p

oopsy...:rolleyes::D

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 05:46 AM
oopsy...:rolleyes::d

lmao .... :)

Deborah1979
Aug 24 2011, 05:52 AM
:eek: Just have the feeling that the devs are definitely tweeking something in an upgrade....just fished about an hour ago (my farm) and I have the display turned on so I can see how many fish I catch on one click (boat) and the display goes wild. Says "Deb caught 2xcarp....and added them to your storage" and repeats with each fish "Deb caught 2xtuna" and it was throwing up xp and coins subtracting and adding left and right. Remember a few months ago when we had these issues with fishing and we were told that even tho the display says subtracting or adding coins, that it was just a glitch and really wasn't doing that. Well, I haven't had this issue in months and for my screen to display that "Deb" (oh, that's me) is adding fish to your storage, just tells me that something is up. ;)
Patience is a virtue!
(Guess I'm not very virtuous!! :D )

StoneFace
Aug 24 2011, 06:11 AM
ooooooooooooh nice but forget tom and the mayor, send them to my house i will give them a workout lol

:eek: :eek: and another :eek:

StoneFace
Aug 24 2011, 06:14 AM
well im off to work, maybe i might get lucky when i get home :0

anticipating one of the "beach boys" are we ????

StoneFace
Aug 24 2011, 06:30 AM
For my "down-under" farmtowners......

[1]
A sailor came home from a secret two year mission at sea only to find his wife with a new born baby.
Furious, he was determined to track down the father to extract revenge.
"Was it me bloody mate Jock?" he demanded.
"No!" his weeping wife replied.
"Was it me cobber Jerry then?" he asked.
"NO!!!" she said even more upset.
"Well which one of me bastard mates did this then?" he asked.
"Don't you think I have any friends of my own?" she snapped.

[2]
My mate asked me how I got these two black eyes, so I told him; I was in church last Sunday, when we got up to sing, the woman in front of me had her dress caught in the back of her knickers.
So I leaned over and pulled it out for her.
She didn't like it and boffed me one.
That night I went back to church again.
Same thing, here's this bird with her dress caught up in her knickers.
'Sod that' I thought, I'm not going to pull it out.
The bloke next to me did, leaned over and pulled it out.
Well.... I knew she didn't like that.... so I leaned over and TUCKED IT BACK IN!!

[3]
An Australian farmer had invited an American farmer over for dinner.
"Look out of my windows," the Australian said, "All the land, as far as you can see, is mine."
The American, not to be outdone, replied, "You'll have to come to visit my farm. You can drive for three days without seeing anybody else's land."
"I used to have a car like that," replied the Ozzie.

StoneFace
Aug 24 2011, 06:34 AM
A man died and his wife phoned the newspaper to place an obituary.

She called the obituary department and said, "This is what I want to print: Bernie is dead." The man at the newspaper said, "But for $25 you are allowed to print six words."

The woman answered, "OK. Then print: Bernie is dead. FarmTown for sale."

StoneFace
Aug 24 2011, 06:42 AM
Her husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months yet she stayed by his bedside every single day. When he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer.

As she sat by him, he said, "You know what? You have been with me all through the bad times.

When my farm cash ran out, you were there to support me.
When my facilities disappeared, you were there.
When my crops withered, you were by my side.
When I could not get the next farm, you gave me support.
When now, when my health started failing because of anxiety for the next release, you were still by my side.

Well, now that I think about it, I think you bring me bad luck!

:p

StoneFace
Aug 24 2011, 06:47 AM
A wife/avatar was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband/avatar in the Farm Town Bed and Breakfast.

Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen.

'Careful,' he said, 'CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! There is plenty from my 4 Dairy Plants.

Oh my gosh! You're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! Do you know how hard it is to get enough hen eggs?

We need more butter. Oh my gosh! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? I need to post my facilities to get you more butter. They're going to STICK! Careful. CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL!

You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up!
Are you CRAZY? Have you LOST your mind?

Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!' I used ALL my gifts to get you enough SALT!!!

The wife stared at him. 'What in the world is wrong with you? You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?'

The husband calmly replied, 'I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving.'

StoneFace
Aug 24 2011, 06:53 AM
So the farmer, who had been way too aggressive to other farmers got sent to the Farm Town Police Lockup.

After two days, the farmer-prisoner in jail receives a letter from his wife:

"Dear Husband, I have decided to plant some lettuce in the back garden. We need lots of lettuce for our facilities you know, and you are not helping while you are in the lockup. When is the best time to plant the lettuce?"

The farmer-prisoner, knowing that the Mayor, and Tom (and even James) and the prison guards read all mail, replied in a letter:

"Dear Wife, whatever you do, do not touch farms #7, #8, and #9. That is where I hid all the Farm Ca$h."

A week or so later, he received another letter from his wife: "Dear Husband, You wouldn't believe what happened, some avatars came with shovels to the house, and dug up all three farms."

The farmer-prisoner wrote another letter back: "Dear wife, now that they have plowed those fields, you can plant the lettuce there."

;)

levarti2
Aug 24 2011, 08:24 AM
Her husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months yet she stayed by his bedside every single day. When he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer.

As she sat by him, he said, "You know what? You have been with me all through the bad times.

When my farm cash ran out, you were there to support me.
When my facilities disappeared, you were there.
When my crops withered, you were by my side.
When I could not get the next farm, you gave me support.
When now, when my health started failing because of anxiety for the next release, you were still by my side.

Well, now that I think about it, I think you bring me bad luck!

:p

these are great!!!! thanks for filling in the time while we're waiting. You should develop a stand-up routine :D

Valdoe
Aug 24 2011, 08:34 AM
Please Devs have mercy on us.. as you can see many have lost it because they are now posting modified jokes. I am going crazy and cannot take any more ... give them Farm 11 before the white come to get me.

We need a big bang of an update... ( banging head on keyboard and looking in the mirror seeing the words imprinted on forehead...' draobyek ruoy nekorb won diputs '

Valdoe
Aug 24 2011, 08:37 AM
these are great!!!! thanks for filling in the time while we're waiting. You should develop a stand-up routine :D

I was wondering if take requests ... LOL.... Please please no more...

HelenJS22
Aug 24 2011, 08:42 AM
Please Devs have mercy on us.. as you can see many have lost it because they are now posting modified jokes. I am going crazy and cannot take any more ... give them Farm 11 before the white come to get me.

We need a big bang of an update... ( banging head on keyboard and looking in the mirror seeing the words imprinted on forehead...' draobyek ruoy nekorb won diputs '

... and after that laugh I'm off to bed before I turn into a pumpkin. Who knows maybe we'll have an update when I wake up - I'll think positive for you.

Farmer_Susan
Aug 24 2011, 09:06 AM
A wife/avatar was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband/avatar in the Farm Town Bed and Breakfast.

'Careful,' he said, 'CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! There is plenty from my 4 Dairy Plants.

Oh my gosh! You're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! Do you know how hard it is to get enough hen eggs?

We need more butter. Oh my gosh! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? I need to post my facilities to get you more butter. They're going to STICK! Careful. CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL!

Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!' I used ALL my gifts to get you enough SALT!!!

The wife stared at him. 'What in the world is wrong with you? You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?'

The husband calmly replied, 'I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving.'

These are hilarious! Thanks for the laughs.

al_bundy
Aug 24 2011, 09:42 AM
ypu can tell its time for a new release when where no longer commenting on the last release and filling the thread with hillarious jokes.

al_bundy
Aug 24 2011, 09:44 AM
Dam That was my 5x5 hope we get a 6x6 in the next release to replace it

http://www.youtractor.com/images/tractor_crash_1.jpg

StoneFace
Aug 24 2011, 09:55 AM

hey !! I am not a "mod"...... lol

just another addicted farmer with
1- two sets of 10-farms each
2- 12-13 million pts at each
3- $5+Billion at each
4- took over my wife's and another farm and planted millions of trees for me to harvest (so I would not clutter my own farms :eek:)

Just think...

when they release #11 ...... and they better HURRY UP...... I will have multiples to play with.

ahhhh.... the retired life.....

(gotta go, my wife is looking for me)

Ginnie the Gimp
Aug 24 2011, 10:21 AM
Came on a couple of hours ago while waiting for crops to mature, so glad I did! Was going to go to last page but hit 101 instead and have spent nearly 3 hrs laughing 'til I cried, also dragged my carer into it as this is entirely her fault, Crazy Carol dragged me onto Farm Town when there was only one farm and everything was purely decorative. We still play together sometimes by 'phone and whenever it's here turn to come over in the morning when I usually start. I still have the lovely white farmhouse on my farm 1 and remember saving madly for the white swing seat, now on farm 7 where I have the Deco Mansion, hated that red thing! 'In the old times' I had to eat every bit of anything put in front of me as children in China were starving, I asked if I could send my dinner but only the once. My favourite lunch (always on a Saturday) was a field mushroom which filled my plate and my favourite breakfast was toast and dripping (that was when we actually roasted real meat in a real oven and scooped real dripping up the next day). There was no electricity in our house, nor hot water, no fridge or freezer, no pre-packed vegies and no washing machine or hoover. No TV either. Hell, I was beginning to get impatient for farm 11 but having looked back (so very far!!) I can wait a few more days. Thanks for that perspective and more thanks for all the funnies, best couple of hours I've spent for ages :-)

gffarmer
Aug 24 2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks Stoneface and all for the laughs!! Good way to pass the time while waiting "patiently" for latest update.

StoneFace
Aug 24 2011, 12:20 PM
You are an addicted FarmTowner if....

1. You want your dog to ride in your truck more than your wife.

2. You wear specific hats to farm sales, livestock auctions, vacations..... and playing farmtown.

3. You actually get sweaty/dirty working your farms on the computer and have ever had to wash off in the backyard with a garden hose before your wife would let you join the family for dinner.

4. You've never sold off non-ingredients.....just in case.

5. You can remember the fertilizer needs, seed cost, product values and yields on all your farms, but cannot recall your wife's birthday.

6. You have driven off the road while examining your crops on your cell phone.

7. You have bought a generator to have on hand in case a power outage interrupts your playing.

JAS0643
Aug 24 2011, 12:50 PM
:eek: Just have the feeling that the devs are definitely tweeking something in an upgrade....just fished about an hour ago (my farm) and I have the display turned on so I can see how many fish I catch on one click (boat) and the display goes wild. Says "Deb caught 2xcarp....and added them to your storage" and repeats with each fish "Deb caught 2xtuna" and it was throwing up xp and coins subtracting and adding left and right. Remember a few months ago when we had these issues with fishing and we were told that even tho the display says subtracting or adding coins, that it was just a glitch and really wasn't doing that. Well, I haven't had this issue in months and for my screen to display that "Deb" (oh, that's me) is adding fish to your storage, just tells me that something is up. ;)
Patience is a virtue!
(Guess I'm not very virtuous!! :D )

Did you hire someone to do something on your farm in the same session as you fished? If you did that is where the Deb caught 2 tuna came from. I have this happen every time I hire someone to do something then fish without reloading the game.

levarti2
Aug 24 2011, 01:01 PM
You are an addicted FarmTowner if....

1. You want your dog to ride in your truck more than your wife.

2. You wear specific hats to farm sales, livestock auctions, vacations..... and playing farmtown.

3. You actually get sweaty/dirty working your farms on the computer and have ever had to wash off in the backyard with a garden hose before your wife would let you join the family for dinner.

4. You've never sold off non-ingredients.....just in case.

5. You can remember the fertilizer needs, seed cost, product values and yields on all your farms, but cannot recall your wife's birthday.

6. You have driven off the road while examining your crops on your cell phone.

7. You have bought a generator to have on hand in case a power outage interrupts your playing.

funny stuff, thanks

Deborah1979
Aug 24 2011, 03:17 PM
Did you hire someone to do something on your farm in the same session as you fished? If you did that is where the Deb caught 2 tuna came from. I have this happen every time I hire someone to do something then fish without reloading the game.

:D Well, darn, guess that explains that!! I operate with a satellite feed for internet and it is barely faster than dial-up, so I usually DON'T do other work while someone is harvesting/plowing for me, but this AM, I decided I would try to fish and get extra work done.
So, thanks for the explanation....but things like that DO happen sometimes, right before, during, or after a release. :o :( We need an icon for SAD!! :)

rebecca slaughter
Aug 24 2011, 04:24 PM

is this the same husband that was in the coma for three months lol

StoneFace
Aug 24 2011, 04:28 PM
is this the same husband that was in the coma for three months lol

no... just a farmer neighbor

but I could see where he would wind up in a wife-induced coma

rebecca slaughter
Aug 24 2011, 04:29 PM
where oh where are you tonight why did you leave me here all alone.. i search the farms over and thought i saw farm 11 but you fooled another and pfffff you were gone....

rebecca slaughter
Aug 24 2011, 04:37 PM
hey waiting farmers i don't know if this is good or not but i have been getting yellow boxes on my farm....a yellow square showed up on farm 2 overlapping the farm 1 and farm 3 then later on i went to my storage and it stayed highlighted with a big yellow square. is it alien invasion or someone been hitting the bottle too much

JAS0643
Aug 24 2011, 04:56 PM
MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR BOB PLEASE!! Bob forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was mad. She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds. AND IT BETTER BE THERE!" The next morning when his wife woke up she looked out the window to find a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway. She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale. Bob has been missing ever since....

Taz D
Aug 24 2011, 04:56 PM
where oh where are you tonight why did you leave me here all alone.. i search the farms over and thought i saw farm 11 but you fooled another and pfffff you were gone....
Definately showing your age if you remember that...LOL :D:D

rebecca slaughter
Aug 24 2011, 04:57 PM
im old enough to know better and young enough not to care lol

JennaSweetness
Aug 24 2011, 05:08 PM
Farm 11 where are you? Please show yourself tonight!!! :)

JAS0643
Aug 24 2011, 05:11 PM
Farm 11 where are you? Please show yourself tonight!!! :)

It will probably be here tonight because I just found out that my internet provider will be doing maintenance between 12 and 6 am. I can see it now new farm and goodies come out and my internet goes down for up to 6 hours. :(:mad:

gffarmer
Aug 24 2011, 05:12 PM

Good one! Love it!

HelenJS22
Aug 24 2011, 05:13 PM
hey !! I am not a "mod"...... lol

just another addicted farmer with
1- two sets of 10-farms each
2- 12-13 million pts at each
3- $5+Billion at each
4- took over my wife's and another farm and planted millions of trees for me to harvest (so I would not clutter my own farms :eek:)

Just think...

when they release #11 ...... and they better HURRY UP...... I will have multiples to play with.

ahhhh.... the retired life.....

(gotta go, my wife is looking for me)

LOL - you mean your wife doesn't know where to find you? I guess she doesn't live in Farm Town.

Oh, and reading your post scares me :eek: because I too have two sets of ten farms, and took over my husband's farm to plant it with trees to supply my farms :D

JennaSweetness
Aug 24 2011, 05:17 PM
It will probably be here tonight because I just found out that my internet provider will be doing maintenance between 12 and 6 am. I can see it now new farm and goodies come out and my internet goes down for up to 6 hours. :(:mad:

Jas, that would be a total bummer!!! I'd be upset too, that's for sure. Maybe it will be released around 7:30pm and you'll have a few hours to play before your internet company does maintenance. :) Wishful thinking, hopefully it brings the release earlier tonight than later.

HelenJS22
Aug 24 2011, 05:18 PM
Came on a couple of hours ago while waiting for crops to mature, so glad I did! Was going to go to last page but hit 101 instead and have spent nearly 3 hrs laughing 'til I cried, also dragged my carer into it as this is entirely her fault, Crazy Carol dragged me onto Farm Town when there was only one farm and everything was purely decorative. We still play together sometimes by 'phone and whenever it's here turn to come over in the morning when I usually start. I still have the lovely white farmhouse on my farm 1 and remember saving madly for the white swing seat, now on farm 7 where I have the Deco Mansion, hated that red thing! 'In the old times' I had to eat every bit of anything put in front of me as children in China were starving, I asked if I could send my dinner but only the once. My favourite lunch (always on a Saturday) was a field mushroom which filled my plate and my favourite breakfast was toast and dripping (that was when we actually roasted real meat in a real oven and scooped real dripping up the next day). There was no electricity in our house, nor hot water, no fridge or freezer, no pre-packed vegies and no washing machine or hoover. No TV either. Hell, I was beginning to get impatient for farm 11 but having looked back (so very far!!) I can wait a few more days. Thanks for that perspective and more thanks for all the funnies, best couple of hours I've spent for ages :-)

WOW - That takes me back to my parent's days, thought I do remember not having TV and putting the washing through the wringer :( Glad you enjoyed our rantings. It's often more fun in the forum than on our farms.

liza1214
Aug 24 2011, 06:01 PM
oh do i feel farm 11 coming????
some of my pigs have turned to chickens, geese to pigs,chickens to calves.
And i'm experiencing a big delay when planting and moving from farm to farm.
here's hoping, fingers crossed!!!

susme48
Aug 24 2011, 06:07 PM
I remember when my grandfather got a tv, and it was a few more yrs till we got one...I remember mom's first REAL washer which she got after my sister was born...no more wringers...I also remember my other grandparents, making lye soap in the side yard in a huge kettle hung over a fire...I had to use the outhouse or chamber pots when I was there...I remember priming the pump for grandma so she could pump water to heat in a huge gas-fired copper tub to do laundry...I remember helping put the curtain sheers on a stretcher while they dried...I remember mowing the yard with a push mower, and watching my grandpa do the same until he was in his 80's...he would not use a gas mower...I remember selling corn and berries on their front porch- a baker's dozen for 50 cents for the corn...forget how much we charged for the berries...I remember drippings, and Treat, and fried mush...I remember gas wars for 15 & 25 cents a gallon.

I remember that we still don't have farm 11 or the new levels....sigh

gffarmer
Aug 24 2011, 06:25 PM
I remember when my grandfather got a tv, and it was a few more yrs till we got one...I remember mom's first REAL washer which she got after my sister was born...no more wringers...I also remember my other grandparents, making lye soap in the side yard in a huge kettle hung over a fire...I had to use the outhouse or chamber pots when I was there...I remember priming the pump for grandma so she could pump water to heat in a huge gas-fired copper tub to do laundry...I remember helping put the curtain sheers on a stretcher while they dried...I remember mowing the yard with a push mower, and watching my grandpa do the same until he was in his 80's...he would not use a gas mower...I remember selling corn and berries on their front porch- a baker's dozen for 50 cents for the corn...forget how much we charged for the berries...I remember drippings, and Treat, and fried mush...I remember gas wars for 15 & 25 cents a gallon.

I remember that we still don't have farm 11 or the new levels....sigh
Oh I remember so much of this! Still like fried mush...made some the other night in fact. Sure got lots of exercising mowing the lawn in those days:eek:

Pattipo
Aug 24 2011, 06:41 PM
yeah baby!!!! ty Raul!!

I purchased the 3x3 log truck and the 3x3 tree shaker, in order to work others farms. Why would anyone need to purchase these things for themselves and WHY did they not tell us when we purchased that they could NOT be used on any farm but your own? They told me that they used fuel, but Not that I wouldn't be able to use them on my neighbor's farms.. Lots of coins WASTED:(

holla
Aug 24 2011, 06:46 PM
I purchased the 3x3 log truck and the 3x3 tree shaker, in order to work others farms. Why would anyone need to purchase these things for themselves and WHY did they not tell us when we purchased that they could NOT be used on any farm but your own? They told me that they used fuel, but Not that I wouldn't be able to use them on my neighbor's farms.. Lots of coins WASTED:(

Look in the 5th point of Rauls post--page 1--new update- CLEARLY states this...............

5. Log Truck with Chainsaw 3 x 3 (Coins): Chop up to 9 trees at once. This tool can not be used when working for others.

max_river
Aug 24 2011, 06:48 PM
why would people not buy it for there own farms with all the trees we need it is so much faster with them. they did tell us that they would only work on your on farms. but they do need to have that info in the store for people. the only tools you can use on others farms are the ones that cost fc

holla
Aug 24 2011, 06:51 PM
just trying to figure out really do anybody ever read the post's or just whine and complain without reading anything?.just wondering..

crud,timeout city..isnt 171 pages a record????...lol

max_river
Aug 24 2011, 06:56 PM
just trying to figure out really do anybody ever read the post's or just whine and complain without reading anything?.just wondering..

crud,timeout city..isnt 171 pages a record????...lol

your so right on that. i think that all the time

gumballs678
Aug 24 2011, 07:01 PM
your so right on that. i think that all the time

We'll continue breaking the record until the devs give us F11

max_river
Aug 24 2011, 07:06 PM
pls raul can you give us farm 11 and new levels soon. i have to go back to school soon and i will not have much time to fix my farm up the way i want so pls can we have it soon better than later thank you

mel22
Aug 24 2011, 07:15 PM
pls raul can you give us farm 11 and new levels soon. i have to go back to school soon and i will not have much time to fix my farm up the way i want so pls can we have it soon better than later thank you

My son wants it like a million years ago cos he wants to help me with my farm 11 so can understand where you are coming from! I sure hope I come on here when I wake up and its here!

al_bundy
Aug 24 2011, 07:39 PM

yes it clearly stated in the release notes that they could not be used on others farms.

they were introduced due to the number of requests for a tree shaker/boat/chainsaw that could be brought with coins however no tools that can be purchased with coins can be used on others farms that privalege is reserved for the farm cash items

holla
Aug 24 2011, 07:52 PM
Yo Al, didnt hear anything else about tom the market dude and the mayor, saw where they escaped but didnt know if theyed been caught again......leave James alone tho, we need him for the stampede later..he'll be exhausted.lol:D

rebecca slaughter
Aug 24 2011, 08:12 PM
well today i logged on and i had that ticker thing on the side. a friend of mine posted how to get rid of it and when i went to do it.....it was already gone... life is so good.

now about farm 11...so sad....but i really hope i get it before my birthday...can you guess when that is...one clue its not in august

al_bundy
Aug 24 2011, 08:18 PM
well today i logged on and i had that ticker thing on the side. a friend of mine posted how to get rid of it and when i went to do it.....it was already gone... life is so good.

now about farm 11...so sad....but i really hope i get it before my birthday...can you guess when that is...one clue its not in august

what is a ticker thing?

al_bundy
Aug 24 2011, 08:20 PM
Yo Al, didnt hear anything else about tom the market dude and the mayor, saw where they escaped but didnt know if theyed been caught again......leave James alone tho, we need him for the stampede later..he'll be exhausted.lol:D

i have them back inside it apprears they somehow got infected with the rage virus (i must have had them near the chimp pen)

dottyF
Aug 24 2011, 08:23 PM
How do you get rid of the tickler thing?

doris88
Aug 24 2011, 08:24 PM
It's thursday on the asia-pacific side of the world... so devs...won't you please let us have farm 11 by this evening...by which time it will be thursday on the american continent too...

driverdave
Aug 24 2011, 08:28 PM
what is a ticker thing?

The 'ticker thing' is on most of our f/b homepages ...it tells us who is playing what ....just another annoying 'feature' (read useless item) from the people that cannot stop fixing what isnt broken a.k.a facebook devs

mel22
Aug 24 2011, 08:28 PM
It's thursday on the asia-pacific side of the world... so devs...won't you please let us have farm 11 by this evening...by which time it will be thursday on the american continent too...

It's thurs here in the UK to - 2.27 am - so I'm hoping when I come back on after my measly few hours of what my kids will let me have as sleep - we will have farm 11 (I'm hoping hehehehe)

Taz D
Aug 24 2011, 08:35 PM
You can't. Only thing you can do is prevent it from posting what you are doing to your friends. If we all do that then maybe Facebook will catch on that we don't want it.

al_bundy
Aug 24 2011, 08:35 PM
It's thurs here in the UK to - 2.27 am - so I'm hoping when I come back on after my measly few hours of what my kids will let me have as sleep - we will have farm 11 (I'm hoping hehehehe)

the last few new releases have occured on friday arfternoons here in australia so i think it will come tomorrow it is now 11:30am here thursday

al_bundy
Aug 24 2011, 08:37 PM
You can't. Only thing you can do is prevent it from posting what you are doing to your friends. If we all do that then maybe Facebook will catch on that we don't want it.

how do you stop it

mel22
Aug 24 2011, 08:39 PM
the last few new releases have occured on friday arfternoons here in australia so i think it will come tomorrow it is now 11:30am here thursday

Yeah, sounds about right seeing as I'm not going to have time friday to do anything with it apart from maybe buy what bits of farm 11 I can lol

dottyF
Aug 24 2011, 08:40 PM
I dont want everyone to know when Im playing. How do I keep others from seeing it?

Hornyroo
Aug 24 2011, 08:41 PM
for those looking to remove the ticker, if u use google chrome, there is a plug in for hiding it... i cant link from here though, goto fb help, help discussions and look through the ticker help threads

Taz D
Aug 24 2011, 08:41 PM
how do you stop it
Account Settings/Applications...Edit each application and at the bottom of the information is App privacy. Change that to Only Me. That way you will be the only one who sees your own information.

rebecca slaughter
Aug 24 2011, 08:43 PM

when it shows your name go up and hover over it there is a x and click on it to not post.. that is what she said ....by the time i got there it was already gone so i didn't have to do it...

dottyF
Aug 24 2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the help.

Bonnie Jo
Aug 24 2011, 08:46 PM
It isn't that I want to get rid of the ticker, I play in full screen anyway so I don't see it most of the time. I don't want my name on it. I go offline in FT for a reason and having my name over there defeats that purpose. I did change my privacy settings but it is actually annoying to me that I can still see my name on it when I'm not in full screen even if no one else can.

Buffycat
Aug 24 2011, 08:55 PM

To get rid of the "Tickler thing" go to husband>fingers>disable settings and chose either the "remove" or the "maim" option. This should disable the "tickler thing"

rebecca slaughter
Aug 24 2011, 09:00 PM
well last night i was forcedddddddd to start laundry just to do something....now i have brownies in the oven. and driving my husband crazy thinking up things he needs to do aroung the house/ you know the honey do list. well he has started his own list for him to do... i just wish he would do some of them....

Taz D
Aug 24 2011, 09:09 PM
well last night i was forcedddddddd to start laundry just to do something....now i have brownies in the oven. and driving my husband crazy thinking up things he needs to do aroung the house/ you know the honey do list. well he has started his own list for him to do... i just wish he would do some of them....
We husbands can't do that....:eek: That is against the husband code...:D

driverdave
Aug 24 2011, 09:17 PM
We husbands can't do that....:eek: That is against the husband code...:D

lol not true for me ......wife was always happy to have house neat n tidy when she got home from having our chidren each time ...but at any other time i am forbidden to touch the various machines (washer / dryer / vacum cleaner etc)

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 09:37 PM

lol with the amount of complaints about it, Im not surprised. I sent them a whole lot of emails complaining about it.. about 2 a day I reckon.. and now its gone.. all good i think! I then logged on to my husbands account to work his farm and geeze.. now he has the ticker.. so now a barrage of emails from his account are in order! I really hate it and think that its best FB just leave the working things alone and stop messing them up. My only hope now that the ticker is gone off my account that they dont bring it back! :eek::eek::mad:

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 09:42 PM
lol not true for me ......wife was always happy to have house neat n tidy when she got home from having our chidren each time ...but at any other time i am forbidden to touch the various machines (washer / dryer / vacum cleaner etc)

hahaha coz us wives know that if anything has a motor then its best to leave the male folk out of it, it never ends well for us!!!! My poor husband decided to help me out whilst I was away for a few days and do the washing. normally with a front loader you can wash whites with colours, on a cold wash.. all great. He forgot to turn the hot button off after he did his uniforms.. well everything was suddenly grey and dark grey... a pair of black socks found their way into the washing machine with the whites and coloureds.. on the hottest wash setting.. instant ban from washing followed!!!! Wont get into what happened when he was bored and decided to "tweak" things up in my car's motor! :rolleyes::eek:

lynwoo60
Aug 24 2011, 09:45 PM
To get rid of the "Tickler thing" go to husband>fingers>disable settings and chose either the "remove" or the "maim" option. This should disable the "tickler thing"

Well that is a good one LOL but maiming is a little harsh when you have a good husband, but loved your explanation of it.
Another thing I find myself coming into the forum a few times a day now looking to see if Farm 11 has come out yet. LOL It is good to see I am not the only one. Even thought of completely ripping my farms apart and renovate the lot just for something to do but I think that thought lasted all of 30 sec as have crops growing I can't afford to loose lol

rebecca slaughter
Aug 24 2011, 09:46 PM
just found out once you log back in...its there but at least my name is off of it and i didn't do anything

i got a dyson vac as soon as i could find them..i had to wait for 3 years for them to show up in the states....and he loves it

matrix1272
Aug 24 2011, 09:49 PM
just found out once you log back in...its there but at least my name is off of it and i didn't do anything

i got a dyson vac as soon as i could find them..i had to wait for 3 years for them to show up in the states....and he loves it

Thats what we have (Dyson) Love it also, its a real Picker Upper :-) :-) :-)

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 09:56 PM
Thats what we have (Dyson) Love it also, its a real Picker Upper :-) :-) :-)

wow.. we've had dysons here in aus for years and years!

opps that was meant for Rebecca lol

rebecca slaughter
Aug 24 2011, 09:58 PM

i got it in 1999...but saw it 3 years before that i was a vac every year did not like any of them

matrix1272
Aug 24 2011, 09:59 PM

Don't know why she couldn't find one, but we
ve had them here in the states for years also

rebecca slaughter
Aug 24 2011, 10:01 PM
i got it in 1999

Taz D
Aug 24 2011, 10:02 PM
lol with the amount of complaints about it, Im not surprised. I sent them a whole lot of emails complaining about it.. about 2 a day I reckon.. and now its gone.. all good i think! I then logged on to my husbands account to work his farm and geeze.. now he has the ticker.. so now a barrage of emails from his account are in order! I really hate it and think that its best FB just leave the working things alone and stop messing them up. My only hope now that the ticker is gone off my account that they dont bring it back! :eek::eek::mad:
It will be back. They are bringing it on line section by section. It is the same thing they did with the new chat. They didn't pay attention to any of us then either.

jkmyer
Aug 24 2011, 10:03 PM
What happened to the work request under the game requests????

Taz D
Aug 24 2011, 10:07 PM
Don't know why she couldn't find one, but we
ve had them here in the states for years also
My problem with the Dyson is the price. Sorry, I had one of those high price vacs that lasted 2 years. Then when I went to get it repaired I was going to have to pay another $100. I can buy 10 cheap ones that work fine for 2 years each and not spend as much as you would for 1 Dyson.

Taz D
Aug 24 2011, 10:08 PM
Click on Most Recent at top of News Feed and go to Games. That will show them to you without all the status messages.

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 10:10 PM
It will be back. They are bringing it on line section by section. It is the same thing they did with the new chat. They didn't pay attention to any of us then either.

I was glad glad to see it gone.. so why bring it out and i get it.. then it drives me nuts for a week or so.. now its gone... then they are going to give it back to me? urghhhh! I know you have the edit settings to stop people seeing what you are doing.. and I get sick of having to set it 3 or 4 times a day.. so the settings obviously dont stay. I think its a terrible invasion of your privacy and I can see people getting really annoyed with comments people might make about how often ur on games. I hate it passionately! :mad:

Docperk
Aug 24 2011, 10:11 PM

I just went to FaceBooks Facebook page and there is nothing but complaints about the ticker thingy on on the side, I added my two cents also complained about the work request being removed from the games request section and also about the gifts are only displayed 3 at a time. That may be ok for some but if I click on Show All I don't want to have to do that each time I accept a gift and come back for more.
Like the saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.

rebecca slaughter
Aug 24 2011, 10:12 PM
My problem with the Dyson is the price. Sorry, I had one of those high price vacs that lasted 2 years. Then when I went to get it repaired I was going to have to pay another $100. I can buy 10 cheap ones that work fine for 2 years each and not spend as much as you would for 1 Dyson.

i bet you just had to take it apart to see how it works... my husband did that with the washer...guess what i got a new washer after that.. lol

kahra01
Aug 24 2011, 10:13 PM

Yeah my sister in law has one, the upright model, and I hate it. My daughter bought one.. hated it lol. I'll stick with my electrolux that i absolutely love, and more than half the price! Mostly ive always had eletrolux and I only change them coz I want a more updated look.. but never have had one die on me. I had an ex boyfriend that got drunk when i was away, fell asleep in the shower and flood my apartment. he used the vacuum cleaner to suck up all the water!! what a f.ool lmao, think he was still drunk! But the vacuum still kept going, mind you.. the only place the boyfriend went was out the door! lmao