PDA

View Full Version : Closed Feedback Threads

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Taz D
Jan 31 2016, 03:59 PM
Please explain to me - if I become someone's super neighbor, will I get all the same bonuses etc. for trees, flowers, and harvest/plow that I would if my friend hired me at the marketplace?
Hi Shnookims,
You will get all the same amounts you would get as a neighbor. Neighbors do not get the bonus chest. The only way you can become a super neighbor for someone is to be neighbors first.

Shellgirlmtl
Feb 01 2016, 02:46 PM
Happy Birthday FarmTown... when FarmTown came to fruition, one by one all the other games I played slowly & steadily got removed (by me)... Loved this game when it was first introduced and still love it today and always excited and anxious to see what new goodies we'll get for the next update as I was 7 years ago... I have no idea how I started to play this game so early on (the 7th of February 2009) but I am so so glad I was given the opportunity...

Thank you to Slashkey, thank you to the Devs for giving us such an enjoyable game and always outdoing yourselves with new features and last but not least, thank you to the Mods for listening to all the bickering & ranting and most of all helping out when & where possible... The FT Team is the BEST!!!... You are always appreciated...

Thank you for 7 years and hopefully another 7 years and more!!!... :D

Judy Cowan
Feb 01 2016, 02:56 PM
Happy birthday farmtown & congratulations to a fantastic team of developers, to all of the mods for listening to all the complaints, ranting etc... You have all made farm town the best game on facebook love the game and look forward to each month when new releases are out... Hope you all have a fantastic day celebrating and heres to many more years of gaming with you all :) <3

bluehair
Feb 01 2016, 06:59 PM
wow 7 years....have been playing this game pretty much since it came out.

bjyhey3
Feb 01 2016, 11:03 PM
Happy Birthday FarmTown! Have been playing since June 2009 and will continue...Thanks

Lara
Feb 02 2016, 02:24 AM
Happy Birthday Farmtown, I have played nearly everyday since March 2009 when I got my invite to play from a friend who no longer plays lol. I love it, thanks for all the good years that have passed and the the ones still to come. Keep those updates coming

WillowTreeFarm
Feb 02 2016, 02:33 AM
Happy Birthday Farmtown! Thank you so much to the developers for this great game and the mods for all they do.

firegold flames
Feb 02 2016, 07:55 AM
i wish Farm town a wonderful 7 birthday and thanks to all staffs who maintain the forum.

AussieGecko
Feb 03 2016, 08:02 PM
Is FT really 7 years strong? Wow! Thanks for some wonderful memories. Such a pleasure to play and I hope it continues for a long time yet to come. Thank you to all involved.

sminoc
Feb 04 2016, 06:13 AM
Happy Birthday, FT! The only game I play! Love it and thank you!

tharcicia
Feb 04 2016, 06:19 AM
Happy Birthday FT!
I started playing in feb 2009 and I hope there are many years to come. Thanks for your wonderful game I simply love it, otherwise I would have left ages ago :-)

matrix1272
Feb 04 2016, 12:36 PM
Happy Birthday FT, started playing in 2009 and it's the only game I play. I haven't missed to many days of playing since I started. Thanks to the Dev's and Mods. For the BEST Game on FB! Look forward to Many More Years to come!

Farmer_Susan
Feb 07 2016, 07:49 AM
Seven years! That's awesome. I didn't discover it until July - wish I had happened upon it from Day #1 - that would have been fun. Wish someone could make a video of those very first days - what the game was like - how many people found it and began playing right away, etc. Sort of a "History of FarmTown" kind of thing. Happy Birthday, FT! Thanks so much for 7 wonderful years! My life is MUCH better with you in it. : )

nanatoni
Feb 08 2016, 03:35 PM
Why don't the expansions for the farms cost the same per interval?
I just don't understand why the expansion on Fam 11 say 26x26 to 28x28 costs different than the same expansion on Farm 25.
Below are the expansions I want to make for each farm and their costs:

20x20 to 22x22 Expansion
F27 - 25 FC or 8.5B coin

24x24 to 26x26 Expansion
F26 - 25 FC or 10.5B coin

26x26 to 28x28 Expansions
F11 - 25 FC or 5B coin
F12 - 25 FC or 5B coin
F13 - 25 FC or 5B coin
F15 - 25 FC or 5B coin
F16 - 25 FC or 5B coin
F17 - 25 FC or 5B coin
F20 - 25 FC or 5B coin
F22 - 25 FC or 5B coin
F23 - 25 FC or 12B coin
F24 - 25 FC or 9B coin
F25 - 25 FC or 13B coin

28x28 to 30x3 Expansions
F18 - 30 FC or 4B coin
F19 - 30 FC or 4B coin
F23 - 25 FC or 6.5B coin
F28 - 25 FC or 5.5B coin

You can see how there is a cost disparity from one farm to another for the same size expansion.
Why are the expansions for 20x20 & 24x24 more than the larger expansions.

It's bad enough that we're gouged as it is for the cost of these expansions, but to fluctuate like they do is horrible. We can't possibly earn that many coins and/or FC at the rates you all pay to even afford the expansions to begin with, without having to mortgage our homes!

Many of us on fixed incomes that play because we're homebound can't afford to buy FC and coin. It's absolutely disgraceful what you want to play this game. Something's got to give.

Thanks

I'm one discouraged player

nanatoni
Feb 08 2016, 03:39 PM
Did we ever get an explanation for this? I'm curious too.

beverduster
Feb 08 2016, 03:57 PM
never heard of it, is it it off limits? if it is i want to join

Aussie Rae
Feb 08 2016, 10:05 PM
I think the person has her games mixed up, lol

Shellgirlmtl
Feb 08 2016, 10:09 PM
I too have been wondering what the 2147 Club is since I saw this post last week... when I saw that beverduster had commented I was curious so I peeked in... as I was reading the other comments the 'Light Bulb' lit... All the players who have more than 2,147,000,000 xps are stuck at 2,147 M and we see this on the neighbour bar under their profile pic, hence the 2147 Club... LOL!!!...

Catharina
Feb 09 2016, 08:28 AM
Hello,

Thanks so much for the great game. Would you please update the trees list in Chapter 15 when you get a moment?

Thanks so much!

nanatoni
Feb 09 2016, 12:35 PM
Shellgirlmtl, that makes sense. Eventually, you get past that tho, I did.

Shellgirlmtl
Feb 10 2016, 06:32 PM
Shellgirlmtl, that makes sense. Eventually, you get past that tho, I did.

Yes I know... I do say in my note "... All the players who have more than 2,147,000,000 xps are stuck at 2,147 M..."

Darth Tater
Feb 26 2016, 06:26 AM
Why would fresh and seawater bait I receive through a dan bonus go to non ingredients? I have both fresh and seawater bodies on my farms.

Taz D
Feb 26 2016, 10:24 AM
Why would fresh and seawater bait I receive through a dan bonus go to non ingredients? I have both fresh and seawater bodies on my farms.
Hi Darth,
Dan bonuses for bait go into your storage and not to the waters. They would be in your non-ingredients if you do not own the Fishing Supplies Shop. If you have that facility then you can load that bait into it.

herblady
Feb 26 2016, 09:23 PM
Two weeks ago, it was 8 farms needed to see the status of crops on all farms. Now you've changed it to 9 farms.

I am finished spending real money on farmtown. You guys have gotten greedy and you are losing players.

Taz D
Feb 26 2016, 10:06 PM
Two weeks ago, it was 8 farms needed to see the status of crops on all farms. Now you've changed it to 9 farms.

I am finished spending real money on farmtown. You guys have gotten greedy and you are losing players.
Hi Herblady,
I am sorry, but the number of farms needed to be expanded to see the crops status on all farms has not changed.
From the Dec 4th, 2013 release when the All farms part of the Farm Stats was first released:
7. Farm Stats tool Improvement: You can now select which specific farm (or All farms) you want to get the stats from, this option may be enabled or not for the different product categories based on the size of your farms, here are the rules, to get:

-Fish stats on farms that are not the current one -> At least 5 farms at 26 x 26 or bigger required
-Animals stats on farms that are not the current one -> At least 6 farms at 26 x 26 or bigger required
-Flowers stats on farms that are not the current one -> At least 7 farms at 28 x 28 or bigger required
-Tree stats on farms that are not the current one -> At least 8 farms at 30 x 30 or bigger required
-Crops stats on farms that are not the current one -> At least 9 farms at 32 x 32 or bigger required
-All Products stats on farms that are not the current one -> At least 10 farms at 34 x 34 or bigger required

cherd1
Feb 27 2016, 06:48 AM
It appears that I can only store items in my gifts received area for a certain number of days. People give me fuel and I use it when I refuel. But now it is dropping off before I have a chance to use it. However, if I put it in storage, I cannot use it as fuel; I can only sell it for practically nothing. If you are going to set a time limit on gifts, at least allow me to store the fuel and then use the fuel when I need it.

marymarcel
Feb 27 2016, 07:27 AM
It appears that I can only store items in my gifts received area for a certain number of days. People give me fuel and I use it when I refuel. But now it is dropping off before I have a chance to use it. However, if I put it in storage, I cannot use it as fuel; I can only sell it for practically nothing. If you are going to set a time limit on gifts, at least allow me to store the fuel and then use the fuel when I need it.

Hi cherd1:)

If you have too many gifts in your gifts box then you should receive a warning message about the box is full when you try to add more gifts to it.

About the fuel tanks as gifts you can store them and they will be counted when you refuel. The only time the screen for refuelling shows up fuel tanks as gifts is if you have them in your gift box.

If you want to test this, open your storage and take note how many fuel tanks you have from refinery, how many from gifts and then open your gifts box and check how many you have there.

Then go to refuel, but only to check the amounts, DO NOT refuel if you dont need, check the amounts and then click en the X in the right upper corner.

If you have fuel tanks in your gifts box the amount will be showed in "gifts from friends"
The amount showed in "from refinery" adds up the fuel you have in storage that you stored from your refinery AND the gifted fuel you stored from your gift box.

james_a_thompson
Feb 27 2016, 10:30 PM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE consider adding a "Gift All" button to the Send Gifts screen. A MAJORITY (20-30 minutes with slow satellite internet and low bandwidth) of my daily game play is taken up by constantly reloading to send 50 gifts at a time (once or twice daily). Also, why is it that sometimes I can return gifts every 24 hours, and sometimes it may be 2-3 days before I can return more?

Taz D
Feb 28 2016, 12:03 AM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE consider adding a "Gift All" button to the Send Gifts screen. A MAJORITY (20-30 minutes with slow satellite internet and low bandwidth) of my daily game play is taken up by constantly reloading to send 50 gifts at a time (once or twice daily). Also, why is it that sometimes I can return gifts every 24 hours, and sometimes it may be 2-3 days before I can return more?
Hi James,
I am sorry, but the 50 gift limit per time is a Facebook requirement, so that can't be done.
The time limit for sending gifts or returning gifts is 8 hours and not 24 hours. That 8 hours can be cut down with the gifting tools from 8, to 6, 4, or 2 hours Not sure why you aren't able to send them unless it is just that the names do not show back on the list you are using.

rjohn726
Mar 01 2016, 10:54 AM
Can you be a little clearer about what the Green, Blue and the Red dots are for?

For example I have a red dot and that is for the Super Neighbor and I do know what that is for.

I don't have a blue dot and I also don't have a clue that that is for at all

I have a Green dot and I also don't have a clue what that is for at all either.

Thanks, that stuff in my opinion should be in the guide that is here in the first set of stuff, in my opinion and it is not, or at least I can't fine it.

Taz D
Mar 01 2016, 10:59 AM
Can you be a little clearer about what the Green, Blue and the Red dots are for?

For example I have a red dot and that is for the Super Neighbor and I do know what that is for.

I don't have a blue dot and I also don't have a clue that that is for at all

I have a Green dot and I also don't have a clue what that is for at all either.

Thanks, that stuff in my opinion should be in the guide that is here in the first set of stuff, in my opinion and it is not, or at least I can't fine it.
Hi rjohn,
The green dot means that neighbor is on line playing Farm Town at that time.
The blue dot tells you that your neighbor has co-operative quests open. The means you can click on that neighbor and click on the Show co-operative quests in the menu and eith er help to sell them items needed or buy items you need from them for your co-operative quests.

rjohn726
Mar 01 2016, 01:33 PM
Thank you I now remember what the blue dot is for, I see also what the Green dot is for thank's

I do forget things all the time also, as I'm just another old man

Fred Bee
Mar 05 2016, 06:52 AM
The game has become VERY slow. It takes over a minute to change farms. Also I am getting the Saving Farm Town Data message after I plant, and that takes at least two minutes where I am frozen Please fix it, these things make playing very frustrating.

Fred Bee, gentleman farmer

marymarcel
Mar 05 2016, 06:57 AM
The game has become VERY slow. It takes over a minute to change farms. Also I am getting the Saving Farm Town Data message after I plant, and that takes at least two minutes where I am frozen Please fix it, these things make playing very frustrating.

Hi Fred Bee:)

Please try all suggestions given in the following thread

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602774

You also have a link to Error messages at the bottom of that thread.

beverduster
Mar 05 2016, 12:49 PM

fred when that happens to me, i just open up a new window and the problem goes away & i deletethe old window i was in. hopre this helps

Fred Bee
Mar 06 2016, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the idea beverduster, I will give it a try. I am sure it is not my pc being a problem, it works fine on all other apps and internet browsing.

Mary-Ann Evans
Mar 14 2016, 10:07 AM
just wanted to thank whomever fixed the issue with my farm 2 expansion......has to resave up coins now for it but at least i am getting the proper popup at the realtors now!!

rjohn726
Mar 16 2016, 01:34 PM
Ok!

I have the picture now with the chopping trees finally it's very clear to me anyway.

Those chopping trees do not have an ‘I’ on them when I irrigate all the farms, while everything else does. Therefore, I can’t chop those trees that can be chopped in 12 hours in 6 hours after which I irrigate the farm which those chopping trees on.

So Be It. I do understand as fruit is not there. I don’t like it but I do understand.

I most likely need more trees and I haven’t a clue how many threes I’ll need. But I won’t bother to count them either. I’ll just guess over the following months or so.

This is also the correct thing to do also, as I grew up in an orange grove.

Moving on now.

Thanks, I don’t read all your stuff anyway and you may have said this sometime in the past somewhere.

Taz D
Mar 16 2016, 03:12 PM
Ok!

I have the picture now with the chopping trees finally it's very clear to me anyway.

Those chopping trees do not have an ‘I’ on them when I irrigate all the farms, while everything else does. Therefore, I can’t chop those trees that can be chopped in 12 hours in 6 hours after which I irrigate the farm which those chopping trees on.

So Be It. I do understand as fruit is not there. I don’t like it but I do understand.

I most likely need more trees and I haven’t a clue how many threes I’ll need. But I won’t bother to count them either. I’ll just guess over the following months or so.

This is also the correct thing to do also, as I grew up in an orange grove.

Moving on now.

Thanks, I don’t read all your stuff anyway and you may have said this sometime in the past somewhere.
Hi rjohn,
You can irrigate the chopping trees and get them in 6 hours, the first time, but as you can only irrigate the farm every 20 hours then you will not be able to irrigate again until another 14 hours pass.

rjohn726
Mar 17 2016, 01:02 AM
OK that's a better thing than I thought. After the above on the chopping trees I was also thinking that the 5 day trees will be 5 day trees also. Which of course the almost will be, however maybe only 4 day or even 3 days, but not 2.5 days to harvest as those were in the past.

I went from a 4 day processing cycle to a 3 day processing in that File Manager cycle. After this I guess I’ll need to go not back to a 4 day processing cycle but to a 5 day processing cycle.

That is because the 5 day trees will be almost a 3 or 4 day cycle and not really a 2.5 day processing cycle I guess.

I will still water the trees every day anyway and what happens is what happens.

I’ll just see what is going to happen with this irrigation of the trees and the flowers. As all my 4 day trees and flowers used to be 2 days with irrigation and now those trees and flowers are 2.5 days. This is not quite as bad as I first thought. None of my 2 and 3 day trees are ready as those were in the past. Again this is actually ok as well as understood.

Probably not yet by others but by me.

Thanks for your answer Taz.

rjohn726
Mar 17 2016, 05:49 AM
OK the crops are that way also I see.

Whopppeeee

So be it.

rjohn726
Mar 20 2016, 05:03 AM
Thanks for fixing this problem, I think.

Over time I will see if all is ok, but for now all looks fine

Tuckertbnc
Mar 22 2016, 03:36 PM
I just bought this factory .. Just wondering why Lye is used in the Caramel food color > LYE ???

Aussie Rae
Mar 23 2016, 01:58 AM
I just bought this factory .. Just wondering why Lye is used in the Caramel food color > LYE ???

Its delivered via the Semi-Trailer and used to make Soap, Toothpaste, Facial Bar, Laundry Detergent, Caramel Food Color as well as Lutefisk which is produced in the Scandinavian Restaurant.. don't think I would enjoy this dish at all.. lol... I am also wondering Why?:confused:

Tuckertbnc
Mar 23 2016, 10:02 AM
Its delivered via the Semi-Trailer and used to make Soap, Toothpaste, Facial Bar, Laundry Detergent, Caramel Food Color as well as Lutefisk which is produced in the Scandinavian Restaurant.. don't think I would enjoy this dish at all.. lol... I am also wondering Why?:confused:

Yea , Lye in a food product ,, just don't seem to be a good idea ...

Queen.of.Clutter
Mar 23 2016, 01:18 PM
From Wikipedia:
Food uses
Lyes are used to cure many types of food, including the traditional Nordic lutefisk, olives (making them less bitter), canned mandarin oranges, hominy, lye rolls, century eggs, and pretzels. They are also used as a tenderizer in the crust of baked Cantonese moon cakes, in "zongzi" (glutinous rice dumplings wrapped in bamboo leaves), in chewy southern Chinese noodles popular in Hong Kong and southern China, and in Japanese ramen noodles.They are also present in Kutsinta.

In the United States, food-grade lye must meet the requirements outlined in the Food Chemicals Codex (FCC),[1][page needed] as prescribed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).[2][not in citation given] Lower grades of lye which are unsuitable for use in food preparation are commonly used as drain de-cloggers and oven cleaners.[2][page needed]

Aussie Rae
Mar 24 2016, 12:29 AM
From Wikipedia:
Food uses
Lyes are used to cure many types of food, including the traditional Nordic lutefisk, olives (making them less bitter), canned mandarin oranges, hominy, lye rolls, century eggs, and pretzels. They are also used as a tenderizer in the crust of baked Cantonese moon cakes, in "zongzi" (glutinous rice dumplings wrapped in bamboo leaves), in chewy southern Chinese noodles popular in Hong Kong and southern China, and in Japanese ramen noodles.They are also present in Kutsinta.

In the United States, food-grade lye must meet the requirements outlined in the Food Chemicals Codex (FCC),[1][page needed] as prescribed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).[2][not in citation given] Lower grades of lye which are unsuitable for use in food preparation are commonly used as drain de-cloggers and oven cleaners.[2][page needed]
Thanks Queen.of.Clutter, :)

Deesap
Apr 04 2016, 05:28 AM
I have played this game from 2 weeks after it was released so Slashkey thank you for making and maintaining this fabulous game. The ONLY game I play online. Having said that I also want to thank Taz for his monitoring and to also wish him a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope you have a spectacular day, love.

Taz D
Apr 04 2016, 09:07 AM
I have played this game from 2 weeks after it was released so Slashkey thank you for making and maintaining this fabulous game. The ONLY game I play online. Having said that I also want to thank Taz for his monitoring and to also wish him a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope you have a spectacular day, love.
Hi Deesap,
Thank you for the kind wishes.

Lee Ann
Apr 04 2016, 10:07 AM
Happy Birthday Taz !!!

Farmer_Susan
Apr 04 2016, 12:05 PM
Happy birthday, Farmtown and Taz! Thanks so much for making this game AWESOME!

herblady
Apr 04 2016, 03:56 PM
Thank you Taz and everyone else. Often we players are incensed, rightfully or wrongfully, at something and you always respond with grace.

Kandycares
Apr 07 2016, 11:20 AM
I was here before there were raspberries and no one could plow anyone else's farm. We all only had one farm and it was small. We could only harvest one square at a time and then plow one at a time and we had to wait for our avatar to catch up with every move.

I accidentally discovered crop stacking and taught it to my neighbors. I also discovered a glitch (after we were finally allowed to plow for others) where I could hire a farmfull of people to plow my farm endlessly for as many hours as they wanted to stay there and rack up xp. Just as quick as they plowed it, it would go right back to being harvested ground. XP was a LOT harder to come by back then so I had folks that would plow that farm all night sometimes. The glitch got fixed but it was a good run.

mstiquetx
Apr 08 2016, 09:20 PM
Happy Birthday to the best and only game I play...love it...thank you developers and especially all who play it!!

lcswdonna
Apr 09 2016, 08:12 PM
I giggled with every move of my avatar. My roommate must have thought I was crazy. When we were allowed to help each other, I stayed up all night sometimes trying to level up. My neighbors and I had raspberry contests to see who could plant the most crops in a day. Happy Birthday Farmtown. I sure hope you are around another 7 years.

kathy.duck@gmail.com
Apr 12 2016, 12:21 PM
Have been playing since the beginning and have a lot of family I brought to the game, also. However, we are all going to leave the game because we can no longer send farmcash gifts to others. I don't know what to do first with all the free time I am going to have.

eswrenn
Apr 17 2016, 06:26 PM
Happy Birthday.... I don't remember when I started playing, but I enjoy this game more and dropped all the others. Thanks to the developers and workers.

gerardoalfre
Apr 17 2016, 07:36 PM
Feliz Cumpleaños número 7 ... Saludos:)

amanda1955
Apr 19 2016, 02:18 AM
Happy Birthday Farm Town been playing since 2009 and still playing must be doing something right

boduke66
Apr 19 2016, 09:10 AM
Have been playing since the beginning and have a lot of family I brought to the game, also. However, we are all going to leave the game because we can no longer send farmcash gifts to others. I don't know what to do first with all the free time I am going to have.

stick around the ability to gift farmcash will be restored sometime today,unknown exactly what time,but im sure Raul will post when it has been restored.

billwilliams
Apr 20 2016, 05:02 PM
there are several things going on and as a long time player i am not liking what i am seeing. terrible contest with terrible prizes totally not worth the time and effort and glitches it has caused. known issues such as the servers not being able to handle the load of stacked ponds, even when there are not many people playing, the lag is terrible. the cost of farms keeps escalating, it seems to me that the longer this game is on the more expensive it becomes with even less reward! we spent our hard earned money, we keep having the same issues, and yet the only thing i can see that is happening is the adding of new material making the game run even slower, games that are not worth anything, more and more limitations to people that actually spend the money on the game, even when they help those out who cant afford to spend the money for fc. it is clear to me that the developers are more interested i getting the money than fixing the problems that do exist, 1st if your servers cant handle the load then fix that problem, second stop with the idiotic and pointless contest that mean nothing and basically get you nothing, and finally, third, stop making upgrades and new stuff and then putting them into the game and then having to go back and fix the bugs it caused because you can't run tests first, because that is totally untrue. if you want me to continue playing, and spending my hard earned money on fc then i highly suggest that you fix these problems!

RozeeS
Apr 21 2016, 01:54 AM
there are several things going on and as a long time player i am not liking what i am seeing. terrible contest with terrible prizes totally not worth the time and effort and glitches it has caused. known issues such as the servers not being able to handle the load of stacked ponds, even when there are not many people playing, the lag is terrible. the cost of farms keeps escalating, it seems to me that the longer this game is on the more expensive it becomes with even less reward! we spent our hard earned money, we keep having the same issues, and yet the only thing i can see that is happening is the adding of new material making the game run even slower, games that are not worth anything, more and more limitations to people that actually spend the money on the game, even when they help those out who cant afford to spend the money for fc. it is clear to me that the developers are more interested i getting the money than fixing the problems that do exist, 1st if your servers cant handle the load then fix that problem, second stop with the idiotic and pointless contest that mean nothing and basically get you nothing, and finally, third, stop making upgrades and new stuff and then putting them into the game and then having to go back and fix the bugs it caused because you can't run tests first, because that is totally untrue. if you want me to continue playing, and spending my hard earned money on fc then i highly suggest that you fix these problems!

I totally agree with you

billwilliams
Apr 22 2016, 05:01 AM
due to the greed of the developers, who take two weeks to change a gift giving option, by not only first removing the option to begin with, but to increase the initial. instead work working on known problems that have been there for years, lag, hop barley oat residual on 9x farms, buggy and glitched updates that could be avoided... etc instead of fixing these known items they increase their own bottom line, as if we didn't spend enough playing this game in the first place.
when the greed of the game developers out weigh the fun of the game it is time to stop! for me this has happened, it has become worse over the years and they refuse to change or fix the problems that have existed for years, why dont they fix these problems, it is very simple really, the truly do not care, they have proven that by ignoring it, and they will continue to ignore it.

mbcashman
Apr 30 2016, 03:01 PM
A large thank you for performing maintenance this AM causing me to loose a quest I was working on. Some people can not make-believe farm all day, some of us have REAL jobs and commitments and I was unable to complete this quest before it expired. Again, A BIG THANK YOU!!!!

Taz D
Apr 30 2016, 03:05 PM
A large thank you for performing maintenance this AM causing me to loose a quest I was working on. Some people can not make-believe farm all day, some of us have REAL jobs and commitments and I was unable to complete this quest before it expired. Again, A BIG THANK YOU!!!!
Hi mbcashman,
I am sorry this happened to you, but sometimes the only way to fix some problems is to take the game off line so they can fix it. As the least number of players are playing during the late night/early morning hours then that is the time that effects the least amount of players.

Queen.of.Clutter
May 01 2016, 03:25 AM
Anyone who is having trouble loading because they have 9x farms or ponds stacked to the point it is ridiculous, has NO REASON TO WHINE, nor to expect the developers to speed it up for them. The game was not intended to be played like that, and the people who take advantage of this layering glitch, should know that the farms will slow down.

Walkies
May 01 2016, 05:33 AM
I agree with Queen of Clutter, some farms are stacked to a ridiculous point when everyone knows that it slows the game down and is not an official operation for this reason.
I disagree that the game developers are greedy and only want our money. I have never had money to spare for this game and it used to be a game for the haves and a different, very impoverished game for the have nots. I think the quests and contest open up the game and make many cash items available even if we don't have spare real money. It's thanks to the quests that I have been able to buy cash items I never dreamed possible.
Nothing to do with this thread but another observation of mine is that some people expect to have everything they want, instantly. Real life is not like that for most people.
Some people forget this is a game!

Lara
May 01 2016, 07:17 AM
Great game, I have been playing it since a month after it started and you could only play by invitation of another player. I spend money on it and don't regret a penny of it. I also don't use the stacking tool and have plenty of items to play all farms and every facility. My game speed is fine.

billwilliams
May 01 2016, 08:51 AM
I agree with Queen of Clutter, some farms are stacked to a ridiculous point when everyone knows that it slows the game down and is not an official operation for this reason.
I disagree that the game developers are greedy and only want our money. I have never had money to spare for this game and it used to be a game for the haves and a different, very impoverished game for the have nots. I think the quests and contest open up the game and make many cash items available even if we don't have spare real money. It's thanks to the quests that I have been able to buy cash items I never dreamed possible.
Nothing to do with this thread but another observation of mine is that some people expect to have everything they want, instantly. Real life is not like that for most people.
Some people forget this is a game!

thats the point it shouldnt slow the game down, and if it is a glitch why havent they fixed it yet? it has been years, they dont want to fix this so called glitch and i will tell you why they wont fix this glitch, people who use the "glitch" are the people who spend a ton of money on tools and upgrades and fc facilities. that is why they wont fix the "glitch" because it isnt a glitch, they allow it to happen. they have fixed other glitches such as the bait glitch, overstocking animals from gifts glitch...etc this one has been around for years and they havent done it. no it isnt ridiculous to want them to speed it up and it isnt instant satisfaction, it has been around for years!!!!!! essentially the people who play the game and spend their money for the farm cash to spend in the game, are using a service, so i pay for the service to play them gam, why because they want me to spend money, on the service they proivide, this is why they continue to put more fc items into the game so that more money can be spent, it is a service, i have spent the money on the items so that the "glitch" can be utilize, which is exactly what they want to happen, but through GREED, they refuse to either stop the glitch from happening, or the continue to let it happen so that more fc is spent knowing full well that it will slow the servers, and yet refuse to fix it and or speed it up. And additionally, life is like that when you are paying for a service, if you are not getting the service that you are paying for, 1. you complain until it is fixed. 2. you do nothing and live with it and get ripped off. 3. you stop using the service. i guarantee that if even a quarter of the people stopped spending money on fc until the sped up the service they provide, it wouldnt be long until they did! IT is greed, yes it is a game, but it is a game most of us have spent actual real money on! and continue to spend money on to advance further into the game, that makes it a service.
tell you what next time you go get a steak and one it is smaller than you thought it should be and over or under cooked, dont send it back eat it anyway, and keep doing that at the same place every single time! the principals are the same. its not whining to ask what you pay for, paid for the tools the farms the upgrades so that the tools could be used, the so called "glitch" is a myth, they want it there, therefore they should do what it takes to ensure that what they have allowed to be done could be done, it is part of the game, because they havent stopped the so called "glitch"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NiMo1960
May 01 2016, 08:55 AM
due to the greed of the developers, who take two weeks to change a gift giving option, by not only first removing the option to begin with, but to increase the initial. instead work working on known problems that have been there for years, lag, hop barley oat residual on 9x farms, buggy and glitched updates that could be avoided... etc instead of fixing these known items they increase their own bottom line, as if we didn't spend enough playing this game in the first place.
when the greed of the game developers out weigh the fun of the game it is time to stop! for me this has happened, it has become worse over the years and they refuse to change or fix the problems that have existed for years, why dont they fix these problems, it is very simple really, the truly do not care, they have proven that by ignoring it, and they will continue to ignore it.

I am having to disagree highly with this comment.
Farm Town is the LESS GREEDY game out of many game I have played or still play.
I will keep paying for FT as it is my #1 game on FB.
As for lag problems, well I have discovered that graphics is the issue and not bugs within the game. I upgraded my graphics card in my main machine and can now load FT farms (of my own) in full screen mode without issues, although it does slow when trying to load every item on that farm, hence why I hide all but crops trees flowers and ponds when I play.
My other pc which I play FT on with a 2nd account (yes I'm an addict) is a much older machine with only a single core processor, so only one item is shown at any one one (ie crops or trees), and when working farms I only show the top corner of the crop field section to keep the speed up. I can only use this pc as I upgraded with the same graphics card (would not load FT before this card) but the pc is too old and slow.
I will soon be forking out £210 for a new motherboard and i5 processor for my main pc then using the old board and chip in my older pc so I can then play FT properley on both pc's.
FT has become very heavy on memory and graphics, but a little money on pc items can easily overcome these game issues, and no you do not need the latest DDR4 set up, DDR3 boards with series 4 i5 1150 chips will easily manage the game.
(had to get that of my chest)

billwilliams
May 01 2016, 09:12 AM
I am having to disagree highly with this comment.
Farm Town is the LESS GREEDY game out of many game I have played or still play.
I will keep paying for FT as it is my #1 game on FB.
As for lag problems, well I have discovered that graphics is the issue and not bugs within the game. I upgraded my graphics card in my main machine and can now load FT farms (of my own) in full screen mode without issues, although it does slow when trying to load every item on that farm, hence why I hide all but crops trees flowers and ponds when I play.
My other pc which I play FT on with a 2nd account (yes I'm an addict) is a much older machine with only a single core processor, so only one item is shown at any one one (ie crops or trees), and when working farms I only show the top corner of the crop field section to keep the speed up. I can only use this pc as I upgraded with the same graphics card (would not load FT before this card) but the pc is too old and slow.
I will soon be forking out £210 for a new motherboard and i5 processor for my main pc then using the old board and chip in my older pc so I can then play FT properley on both pc's.
FT has become very heavy on memory and graphics, but a little money on pc items can easily overcome these game issues, and no you do not need the latest DDR4 set up, DDR3 boards with series 4 i5 1150 chips will easily manage the game.
(had to get that of my chest)

i never said for anyone else to quit the game, nor am i implying that they should, and it was the only game i played on FB. as far as the graphics go i have more than enough to play the game. the problem does lie with the servers and i will not play until they have it fixed, i do play other games on line that require much more graphics and memory than FT could ever use and not a single problem, why because the developers know that if their servers arent up to scratch and they have lag in these games they will lose customers. that is the point i am making, they have known the servers werent good enough for years and they still refuse to fix the problem, either by speeding up the servers or by removing the glitch that causes it to happen! The bugs i spoke of are bugs that could be avoided, as time has gone on more and more bugs continue to pop up after updates because they do not thoroughly test the upgrades(inside knowledge on that BTW) the choose to impliment the upgrades and deal with the bugs later, even if it means you cant get on your farms, they really do not care if you can or not(inside knowledge on that as well) their entire attitude towards it "lots of people have to much time and money invested so they will deal with the problems after we caused them" that is an actual quote! yes it is greed and it will continue to be such until we the consumers make them change!!!!

NiMo1960
May 01 2016, 09:30 AM
i never said for anyone else to quit the game, nor am i implying that they should, and it was the only game i played on FB. as far as the graphics go i have more than enough to play the game. the problem does lie with the servers and i will not play until they have it fixed, i do play other games on line that require much more graphics and memory than FT could ever use and not a single problem, why because the developers know that if their servers arent up to scratch and they have lag in these games they will lose customers. that is the point i am making, they have known the servers werent good enough for years and they still refuse to fix the problem, either by speeding up the servers or by removing the glitch that causes it to happen! The bugs i spoke of are bugs that could be avoided, as time has gone on more and more bugs continue to pop up after updates because they do not thoroughly test the upgrades(inside knowledge on that BTW) the choose to impliment the upgrades and deal with the bugs later, even if it means you cant get on your farms, they really do not care if you can or not(inside knowledge on that as well) their entire attitude towards it "lots of people have to much time and money invested so they will deal with the problems after we caused them" that is an actual quote! yes it is greed and it will continue to be such until we the consumers make them change!!!!

Hmmm servers ?

Another game I play has issues, playing through FB the game has serious stutters and delays, fortunately they have their own Portal site which plays the same game outside of FB (and has a few bonuses too), but even better the same game can also be played on an ipad, and on my 7" Kindle Fire it plays the smoothest of the three options, so I boot up portal site for bonuses, close the game then boot up my Fire to play the game.

FB is the problem for many game servers, and they keep messing things up.

Often FT cannot be loaded via FB home page, but the BOOKMARKED page for FT loads with no issues.

max_river
May 01 2016, 10:18 AM
thats the point it shouldnt slow the game down, and if it is a glitch why havent they fixed it yet? it has been years, they dont want to fix this so called glitch and i will tell you why they wont fix this glitch, people who use the "glitch" are the people who spend a ton of money on tools and upgrades and fc facilities. that is why they wont fix the "glitch" because it isnt a glitch, they allow it to happen. they have fixed other glitches such as the bait glitch, overstocking animals from gifts glitch...etc this one has been around for years and they havent done it. no it isnt ridiculous to want them to speed it up and it isnt instant satisfaction, it has been around for years!!!!!! essentially the people who play the game and spend their money for the farm cash to spend in the game, are using a service, so i pay for the service to play them gam, why because they want me to spend money, on the service they proivide, this is why they continue to put more fc items into the game so that more money can be spent, it is a service, i have spent the money on the items so that the "glitch" can be utilize, which is exactly what they want to happen, but through GREED, they refuse to either stop the glitch from happening, or the continue to let it happen so that more fc is spent knowing full well that it will slow the servers, and yet refuse to fix it and or speed it up. And additionally, life is like that when you are paying for a service, if you are not getting the service that you are paying for, 1. you complain until it is fixed. 2. you do nothing and live with it and get ripped off. 3. you stop using the service. i guarantee that if even a quarter of the people stopped spending money on fc until the sped up the service they provide, it wouldnt be long until they did! IT is greed, yes it is a game, but it is a game most of us have spent actual real money on! and continue to spend money on to advance further into the game, that makes it a service.
tell you what next time you go get a steak and one it is smaller than you thought it should be and over or under cooked, dont send it back eat it anyway, and keep doing that at the same place every single time! the principals are the same. its not whining to ask what you pay for, paid for the tools the farms the upgrades so that the tools could be used, the so called "glitch" is a myth, they want it there, therefore they should do what it takes to ensure that what they have allowed to be done could be done, it is part of the game, because they havent stopped the so called "glitch"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they have not fix the overstocking of animals from the gift page

whosyou?
May 01 2016, 04:35 PM
The glitch you are whining about...that also affects those that do farm designs...and it would render the glove useless.The glitch is what makes most people continue playing.This glitch also doesn't affect everyone as not everyone uses it.It also does not slow everyone down.

As far as your greed comment.....how about you go open a business and give your **** away for free and see how long your doors stay open.Also....guess what...last time I checked..making money was a good thing.

billwilliams
May 01 2016, 05:01 PM
The glitch you are whining about...that also affects those that do farm designs...and it would render the glove useless.The glitch is what makes most people continue playing.This glitch also doesn't affect everyone as not everyone uses it.It also does not slow everyone down.

As far as your greed comment.....how about you go open a business and give your **** away for free and see how long your doors stay open.Also....guess what...last time I checked..making money was a good thing.

lmao, i never said i wanted anything for free, several times people have put words or ideas in that i simply have not stated. i know it is a business, i have no problem with them making a profit, however, i know at least 50 people who have stopped playing, and there will be more to come, the more they put into the game the more it slows down, simply because they refuse to either fix the glitches in the game that cause these slow downs or increase the speed of their servers. it is greed, they do not want to spend the money to do either of these things, why is that????? simple, greed, i am fully aware that they need to make a profit, no problem, how much more profit and how many more people will come back to play if they actually fixed these things, answer, more than 50,000 people!!!!!!! over the years more than a million players have come and gone, biggest reason why they left . LAG!!!!!!!!!
now think 50,000 people spending average of $20 a month what does that come out too? instant revenue of a million a month, and that is just the begining, why dont they do this? simple they have it easy in what they are doing, to actually supply what is actually needed to play the game so that all may benefit would cost them about 35% more in labor and equipment in the initial, and over a 3 year period with increase in sales from bringing back old customers and making new ones, that cost would turn into even more percentage of profit than what they are making now if they plan ahead! because they actually show the players who spend their money that they can accommodate what they allow in the game, more and more would come, and there would be more revenue!!!!!!! so basically under a business platform, if you wish to continue to grow generate revenue and increase sales with existing and new customers, shouldnt a company plan ahead and make sure that what they are selling can be utilized in the manner to which they were purchased? they answer to that is YES! have they done this NO!!!!!!! now here is the question, why have they not done this? answer is simple, because they believe they dont have too!

Happy Farmer 101
May 01 2016, 05:07 PM
just for the record... I have no complaints .. there is no lag.. the game is fine, wish people would just play and stop complaining...

Taz D
May 01 2016, 05:17 PM
It is time for me to close this thread. I think all that can be said by both sides of this discussion have had their say and there is nothing more to be said. So before it gets down to name calling or worse, this thread is closed.

Qivis
May 04 2016, 09:07 AM
Is it offline again now? I have been getting nothing but "loading user" for nearly an hour now and I have already cleared my browser cache, Farm Town Cache, all pages on Adobe Flash Player settings and even restarted my computer - all to no avail.

Taz D
May 04 2016, 09:20 AM
Is it offline again now? I have been getting nothing but "loading user" for nearly an hour now and I have already cleared my browser cache, Farm Town Cache, all pages on Adobe Flash Player settings and even restarted my computer - all to no avail.
Hi Qivis,
No it is not off line now. At least not by Farm Town intentionally. I have loaded my farms just fine.

RozeeS
May 04 2016, 11:42 AM
When is Farm Town going to give us value for money?

You put out many Retail Facilities that often need more than one item we have to make in another Farm Cash facility.

Examples:-
Toy Factory there are several items such as Doll, Teddy Bear, Rubber Ducky used in more than one Retail facility

Sewing Mill; Ties! I have had this facility for a very long time and still cannot produce enough to fill my retail! Even though I only probably load twice a week.

Knitting and Knotting: Hammock this is another one I have had a long time and if I load weekly into all my retail would soon run out.

Perfume Facility: Perfume I am always short of this one although at least I am able to request it using the Personal Care Factory.

Why cant you give us enough to fill our Retail at least a couple of times a week without having to buy a second Farm Cash facility in order to do so?

And I can see that I am going to have to buy another Cinnamon Facility shortly because with all the new facilities you have added my resources are slowly depleting.

Farm Town "You" sometimes up items in Coin facilities so why wont you do this for Farm Cash ones we have paid our valuable Farm Cash (Dollars) for?

I am sure there are many other items that you do not let us make enough of to supply the Retail Facilities and other Facilities that rely on these items

I have stopped loading many of these items until I have built up a big enough supply so I don't make myself short when doing co-op quests.

Personally I find this mean on your part and not within the spirit of the game; making us buy more FC facilities so we can fill the Retail items you give us and often want us to buy by putting them in the mix of Quests

leighwj1960
May 05 2016, 06:55 AM
If they don't want to increase the production for farm cash facilities they should do them like they do the tools. The first one is bought for farm cash but duplicates are bought with coins.

Taz D
May 05 2016, 09:31 AM
If you have suggestions to make to improve the game then please post them in the Suggestions section and not the General Feedback. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to a thread that applies to your suggestion.
I am now closing this thread to prevent it from becoming a place for others to try to post suggestions.

Shnookims
May 11 2016, 08:39 AM
I don't know why, but I don't have live chat for Farmtown.. Everyone mentions about live chat but I've tried to find it and its just not there. I would love love love to have it!!!! Thanks, Sharon

Tiger
May 11 2016, 08:43 AM
I don't know why, but I don't have live chat for Farmtown.. Everyone mentions about live chat but I've tried to find it and its just not there. I would love love love to have it!!!! Thanks, Sharon

Hi Shnookims,

No idea why not, but it Facebook hasn't rolled it out to everyone. Some have it , some don't.

Shnookims
May 11 2016, 09:03 AM
Thanks ;) I appreciate the quick reply

Dutch85
May 12 2016, 06:17 AM
I'm seeing something this morning to the right of my game that says Facebook Games Arcade. "Download Beta Now" Is anyone else seeing this? Is it legit?

Tiger
May 12 2016, 09:07 AM
I'm seeing something this morning to the right of my game that says Facebook Games Arcade. "Download Beta Now" Is anyone else seeing this? Is it legit?

Hi Dutch85,

The area to the right of the game is all Facebooks domain. You would have to ask them about anything showing up in there.

Dutch85
May 12 2016, 09:22 AM
Hi Dutch85,

The area to the right of the game is all Facebooks domain. You would have to ask them about anything showing up in there.

Thanks Tiger :)

vonalm
May 12 2016, 07:57 PM
Sharon, you're not missing anything ;) :D

Lee Ann
May 16 2016, 02:14 PM
What will happen to Farm Town if Adobe Flash is phased out? I use Google Chrome so I was wondering if anyone knows about the other browsers are they going to do away with Adobe as well? My understanding is we need it to play Farm Town ......:eek:

Alexm2012
May 16 2016, 03:42 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME AND BUY FARM CASH QUITE OFTEN AND WORK PLANT DO FAC'S BUT WHY OH WHY ARE THE LAND EXPANSIONS ABSOLUTELY HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY ITS MAKES ME SO MAD!!! :mad::mad::mad::(:(:( DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY IDEAS THAT THE DEVS MIGHT MAKE THEM CHEAPER IN THE FUTURE. IT PUTS ME OFF BUYING MORE FARM CASH.

jules1954
May 16 2016, 05:25 PM
We have just been notified of Google's intent to stop Adobe Flash Player in their browsers completely. As slashkey have always advocated that the best browser for their game is Google Chrome, is slashkey going to find a better system to work with than Adobe Falsh player. Is this going to affect the millions of players

Jean's Farm
May 16 2016, 05:28 PM
Not sure if I am putting this in the right place or not.

I heard today that Chrome is dropping Adobe Flash.....what does that mean for Farmtown???

WillowTreeFarm
May 16 2016, 06:15 PM
I read the whole story Chrome reported and it says Facebook games will still be supported.

Tiger
May 16 2016, 06:15 PM
What will happen to Farm Town if Adobe Flash is phased out? I use Google Chrome so I was wondering if anyone knows about the other browsers are they going to do away with Adobe as well? My understanding is we need it to play Farm Town ......:eek:

We have just been notified of Google's intent to stop Adobe Flash Player in their browsers completely. As slashkey have always advocated that the best browser for their game is Google Chrome, is slashkey going to find a better system to work with than Adobe Falsh player. Is this going to affect the millions of players

Not sure if I am putting this in the right place or not.

I heard today that Chrome is dropping Adobe Flash.....what does that mean for Farmtown???

Hi everyone,

I have moved related posts into the same thread to keep them together.

The last we heard on this was Adobe had security issues and were working hard to plug the holes. If Chrome or any other browser decides to remove flash players from their browsers then it will likely take some considerable time to implement. If this happens with all browsers and it makes sense economically and there is still an engaged user base, the developers should have enough time to convert to other technologies like html5 or unity.

Don't feed the beggers
May 16 2016, 07:52 PM
how can they remove flash? it is used for so many different places I just don;t understand why they would even consider ditching flash..if they do remove it from chrome we can still use IE or FF browsers right? or maybe it will be something we can download like we need to do for IE and FF instead of it being built in like chrome....

Taz D
May 16 2016, 10:58 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME AND BUY FARM CASH QUITE OFTEN AND WORK PLANT DO FAC'S BUT WHY OH WHY ARE THE LAND EXPANSIONS ABSOLUTELY HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY ITS MAKES ME SO MAD!!! :mad::mad::mad::(:(:( DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY IDEAS THAT THE DEVS MIGHT MAKE THEM CHEAPER IN THE FUTURE. IT PUTS ME OFF BUYING MORE FARM CASH.
Hi Alex, If you would like to make a suggestion about this please put it in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that applies to your suggestion.

JNelson
May 17 2016, 02:06 AM
I dont ever use FC to buy land upgrades, the larger the farm the more product it can produce, which makes more coin. The cost of the upgrades follows along with the income that size farm should be making for you.. You probably need more facilities if you struggling to afford the land upgrade costs. It doesnt take that much anymore to generate a billion coins a day. I be glad to help u with that if you want to contact me, Ive been able to help others get to the 1B mark fairly quickly.

janielane
May 17 2016, 08:20 AM
I have TONS of facilities many of which were bought with FC. I would like your input on how to make 13B in less than a week. Without being chained to the computer chair!!!

RoseArienh
May 18 2016, 08:16 AM
I just came across an article at a respected and reliable site. I know I can't link, but I'm not sure I can mention the name of the source, so I'll leave that out. But just extracting the basic information that I think applies to Google Chrome users, here's what they said:

HTML5 will become Chrome's default, but Flash Player will still be bundled with Chrome. If one goes to a site that requires Flash, a prompt will appear and give the option of allowing it.

Google will temporarily exempt ten sites that generate the most Flash usage. Facebook is one of the ten.

(paraphrased by me)

whosyou?
May 18 2016, 09:39 PM
I just came across an article at a respected and reliable site. I know I can't link, but I'm not sure I can mention the name of the source, so I'll leave that out. But just extracting the basic information that I think applies to Google Chrome users, here's what they said:

HTML5 will become Chrome's default, but Flash Player will still be bundled with Chrome. If one goes to a site that requires Flash, a prompt will appear and give the option of allowing it.

Google will temporarily exempt ten sites that generate the most Flash usage. Facebook is one of the ten.

(paraphrased by me)
That is only for an additional year,then ALL of flash will be permanently disabled for chrome.Firefox will follow soon after.All I can say is...about darn time...flash sux,and always has.Good riddance.

JNelson
May 19 2016, 08:30 AM
I have TONS of facilities many of which were bought with FC. I would like your input on how to make 13B in less than a week. Without being chained to the computer chair!!!

be glad to help i sent u my info in PM, i am currently averaging about 70+B a week now...

Dallace
May 19 2016, 10:00 AM
I dont ever use FC to buy land upgrades, the larger the farm the more product it can produce, which makes more coin. The cost of the upgrades follows along with the income that size farm should be making for you.. You probably need more facilities if you struggling to afford the land upgrade costs. It doesnt take that much anymore to generate a billion coins a day. I be glad to help u with that if you want to contact me, Ive been able to help others get to the 1B mark fairly quickly.

Please do share. :)

bbtracy
May 19 2016, 07:31 PM
JNelson I would love to know your secret

horsecrazy4life
May 20 2016, 04:09 AM
JNelson, I also sent you a pm, curious to find out more.

knolan
May 20 2016, 08:20 AM
Lower the cost of farm coins to purchase land upgrades/enlargements. I can't add any more items to some of my farms because I need larger farms, but I can't earn enough in coins to buy the land upgrades. Why? do are they so expensive? I can perfectly understand the farmcash expenses for facilities, but why for the land?
It's not beneficial to the company to have the land so expensive, because if we can't afford it, we're not going to buy it, you might get a few people to use their farm cash,
Please> Lower the cost of farmcoins to purchase land upgrades/enlargements. I can't add any more items to some of my farms because I need larger farms, but I can't earn enough in coins to buy the land upgrades. Why? are they so expensive? I can perfectly understand the farmcash expenses for facilities, but why for the land?
It's not beneficial to the company to have the land so expensive, because if we can't afford it, we're not going to buy it. You might get a few people to purchase them using farm cash, but, wouldn't you rather have more players be able to afford the land, and then use their farm cash to purchase the items to put on the farm.
Use the Walmart strategy: lower the prices and sell more. If you lower the price of land, more land will be sold, in return, you will get players to purchase more items to put on the land. Without more land, the players wouldn't have anything to put on newly purchased items.
It's never too late to change your image. If you lower the cost of land, I will bet that you will have a huge increase in sudden purchases, people will take advantage of the lower cost. Then they will want to purchase more facilities & decor to put on the extra land.
You are limiting the purchase options to only those who can afford to buy the land upgrades. There is a much larger percentage of players that can't afford to buy those upgrades. Please, it is possible to lower the rates, I suggest that you have a special discount on the land, at least half price, and see how many players jump at the chance.

marymarcel
May 20 2016, 08:30 AM
Lower the cost of farm coins to purchase land upgrades/enlargements. I can't add any more items to some of my farms because I need larger farms, but I can't earn enough in coins to buy the land upgrades. Why? do are they so expensive? I can perfectly understand the farmcash expenses for facilities, but why for the land?
It's not beneficial to the company to have the land so expensive, because if we can't afford it, we're not going to buy it, you might get a few people to use their farm cash,

Hi knolan:)

I moved your post to Feedback forum.

Please post your suggestion in our Suggestion section so the developers can read it.

You cant open a new thread there but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

Here is the link to Suggestions section

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

JNelson
May 21 2016, 12:41 PM
be glad to help i sent u my info in PM, i am currently averaging about 70+B a week now...

Be glad to help anyone who wants it, send me a PM so i can link to your fb , much easier to chat in real time,.. I am in the USA EST but i am on quite a bit.. I've helped several others already who are now also helping others so we'll just add anyone who wants into the mix.

Furst Class Farmer
May 22 2016, 01:17 PM
How about writing a definitive guide to making serious coin and posting to Google Docs or some such thing?

ccheney
May 22 2016, 11:05 PM
Please> Lower the cost of farmcoins to purchase land upgrades/enlargements. I can't add any more items to some of my farms because I need larger farms, but I can't earn enough in coins to buy the land upgrades. Why? are they so expensive? I can perfectly understand the farmcash expenses for facilities, but why for the land?
It's not beneficial to the company to have the land so expensive, because if we can't afford it, we're not going to buy it. You might get a few people to purchase them using farm cash, but, wouldn't you rather have more players be able to afford the land, and then use their farm cash to purchase the items to put on the farm.
Use the Walmart strategy: lower the prices and sell more. If you lower the price of land, more land will be sold, in return, you will get players to purchase more items to put on the land. Without more land, the players wouldn't have anything to put on newly purchased items.
It's never too late to change your image. If you lower the cost of land, I will bet that you will have a huge increase in sudden purchases, people will take advantage of the lower cost. Then they will want to purchase more facilities & decor to put on the extra land.
You are limiting the purchase options to only those who can afford to buy the land upgrades. There is a much larger percentage of players that can't afford to buy those upgrades. Please, it is possible to lower the rates, I suggest that you have a special discount on the land, at least half price, and see how many players jump at the chance.

Exactly. You offer expansion but have made it so expensive that it isn't an option for most players. I have 25 farms but I bought most of them before the price became ridiculously over priced. My 3 largest farms are 26x26 one is 24x24 and and the rest are 18x18 or smaller and with the expansion prices now there is no way I can ever expand them.

Qivis
May 23 2016, 05:32 PM
Exactly. You offer expansion but have made it so expensive that it isn't an option for most players. I have 25 farms but I bought most of them before the price became ridiculously over priced. My 3 largest farms are 26x26 one is 24x24 and and the rest are 18x18 or smaller and with the expansion prices now there is no way I can ever expand them.

Many farmers are making a billion or more coins a day now. I suggest checking through your Facility Manager for the shops that always seem to be at 100 percent and then buying duplicates for the ones that cost coins. This will increase your intake for each day provided ewe have the time to keep them refilled on a fairly regular basis. The "Sell Half" buttons also make a lot of coins from extra goodies. After all, who normally needs more than a million carp in stock at a time?

Oh, I almost forgot. Adding farmers with 28 / 29 farms full of goods also helps if ewe work their factory posts. So go ahead and add me if ewe like....

BamaMike
May 23 2016, 09:20 PM
I am making 3 billion plus a day, which will give me around 21 billion a week. I post my factories one time a day and then if I have time I work others facilities. I buy one upgrade a week on farm expansions.

JohnAlbertini
May 24 2016, 05:47 AM
Does this have any impact on FT?

Has anyone downloaded it and installed it?

Does it help, hurt or no change on performance?

It claims to be a "faster, better gaming experience"?

So, should we avoid or embrace?

Thank you.

Tiger
May 24 2016, 07:14 AM
Does this have any impact on FT?

Has anyone downloaded it and installed it?

Does it help, hurt or no change on performance?

It claims to be a "faster, better gaming experience"?

So, should we avoid or embrace?

Thank you.

Hi JohnAlbertini,

I moved your post to General Feedback, where a discussion will be allowed on it. Those that have used it can then give you their feedback.

Dulcinea
May 25 2016, 08:01 AM
I downloaded it and used it once. It seems to be a direct link to Facebook's gaming area. I didn't notice any difference in game performance.

Rainelogan
May 25 2016, 10:50 AM
i've tried it but doesn't seem any faster. only used it the once.

Queen.of.Clutter
May 25 2016, 09:22 PM
i've tried it but doesn't seem any faster. only used it the once.

Not faster, it seems it would only be more 'convenient' ... access wise ... I looked into it, and will not try it - seems kind of pointless. I have my bookmarks in place, and have my favorites in a certain order, so no point in downloading something that does the same thing.

PhilGrocholl
May 26 2016, 12:02 AM
I hope that you choose to go with HTML 5 as the standard for the conversion when it comes to that. My question is, can the developers convert the game without it meaning a total restart for us? Many of us have been playing for many years, it would be devastating to have to start over again. Also, if it is possible to set it up with HTML 5, would it then be freed up to move outside the Facebook platform, like to its own website? And have you ever thought about making this game into an iPhone or Android app? It literally would be THE best farming game on either system, Bar None!! :D

KnightRider
May 26 2016, 08:41 PM
I loaded it and have tried it and it doesn't impress me. First if you plan on using it for games like Farm Town only it might be okay, but if you want to use it for games that have a start and stop like the solitaire games then you have ads in between each game. I was playing on Farm Town and the games that you can play constantly might not have ads.

Another thing I have just noticed if you go into the clipboard to see what is needed for your factories and you hover your mouse over an item, it won't show the name of the item.

You can with the Facebook Games Arcade make a desktop shortcut for each game.

This is just a few things that I have found out.

Aussie Rae
May 26 2016, 10:34 PM
I hovered my mouse over the top right corner and clicked the little x and that got rid of the advertisement for it..

jules1954
May 27 2016, 06:49 PM
I have just tried this new arcade version, and i am not impressed. It gives us too small a screen to play on and we need to go to full screen in order to play it better. It may be a tad faster, but to access this forum, it takes us to another screen entirely, instead of a tab next to the game. If I was not watching, I would have thought that the forum did not come up at all. It is a bit disconcerting just having that small screen in the middle of a dark background. Instead of seeing a notification to the left hand side of my screen, it now gives a notification on the right side that says that numerous people have sent me requests.
The jury is out on this one.

KnightRider
May 28 2016, 12:04 AM
I hovered my mouse over the top right corner and clicked the little x and that got rid of the advertisement for it..

When it shows on mine, there isn't an "x" except for the ad itself, but when you click that it just hides that ad, but doesn't remove the ad box until the time runs out and then you click to close the ad.

Aussie Rae
May 28 2016, 01:36 AM
When it shows on mine, there isn't an "x" except for the ad itself, but when you click that it just hides that ad, but doesn't remove the ad box until the time runs out and then you click to close the ad.

the "x" is very faint but once clicked on, the adv vanishes completely

Snookie Sue
May 28 2016, 11:16 AM
I loaded it and I do think I can farm a bit quicker using IE and chrome. I don't use the icon to open the game as the display is too small. No adverse effects noticed yet. I am concerned about possible loss of Adobe Flash in the future - will this ensure we can still play? Who knows.

Stu3
May 29 2016, 02:23 PM
Who else agrees? think about all these restrictions FB is putting on Farm Town There is going to have to come a time Farm Town goes Solo and Cut the Profits their Giving to Facebook for the Transactions

Tiger
May 29 2016, 02:49 PM
Who else agrees? think about all these restrictions FB is putting on Farm Town There is going to have to come a time Farm Town goes Solo and Cut the Profits their Giving to Facebook for the Transactions

Hi Stu3,

I moved your post to general feedback where a discussion will be allowed.

The facebook bug that is affecting FT is also affecting many other games. I would expect that they would prefer not to lose any revenue gained from games on FB. They are working on the problem.

firegold flames
May 30 2016, 07:50 AM
If Farm town closes , everyone will upset , our admin/mods will tell us about the announcements , the rest i leave Tiger to explain . In the meantime , let play play play & relax ! Btw i got read your thread title.

SeniorCornwall
May 30 2016, 10:16 AM
I seem to be crawling around FarmTown in the last few days..... Takes forever to do things around my farms. Have cleared cache, etc....

Anyone else noticing this or am I unique here... If others are seeing it as well I willl assume it is an issue at Slashkey and take a break for a few days while they fix things....

Thanks all

ftjill
May 30 2016, 11:23 AM
Farm Town has been slow for me too. I'm hoping the devs are getting ready for the June update. :). But it could be face book doing something too.

ftjill

horsecrazy4life
May 30 2016, 04:02 PM
Farm Town has been slow for me too, yesterday was really bad could not help my neighbor out. What takes me about 15-20 minutes to do all jobs on all of her farms, was taking me 45 minutes and that did not even include completing all farms, I stopped cause I could not take the slowness.

Farmgirl1706
May 31 2016, 09:08 AM
OMG its like on the farms that has like alot of stuff i cant even move the screen around to harvest anything .........i usually have to give up and go out and come back in to try to finish......i can barely do anything right now........and i dont have layered farms. I thought things were optimized but now it seems undone or something:(

frog1
Jun 01 2016, 07:19 PM
I also agree that the land prices are ridiculously high, I really wish they would consider bring the cost down,

buffaloboy
Jun 03 2016, 07:34 AM
i cant imagine that this needs such a long time :( im really frustrated:(............

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000188751345&farm_ix=23

Dulcinea
Jun 03 2016, 12:36 PM
Land upgrades are expensive, but it gives me something to work towards. I've played games where I've had oodles of coins I could never hope to spend.

JNelson
Jun 03 2016, 02:08 PM
i got alot of responses so i set up a page,, MOd if this isnt allowed here just delete
basically its FT friends helping friends,, how to's , etc...

Link deleted

Its less than a day old as of today but we'll be adding to it ...

sorry taz didnt know about the link,,, we'll if anyone interested were only about 20ish strong but just send me a message

A place to post suggestions, questions, train boosts, help needed, etc. for Farm Town friends.

Amber Leigh
Jun 14 2016, 05:48 PM
I think I saw spring items for sale for a week back in February and, then, a return and continues to sell Winter.

kejusa
Jun 15 2016, 02:18 PM
Trying the Beta version today (this evening) but you cannot send a note to the farmer you are working for - well I couldn't. Always my policy to say thank you to the 'owner'

Granny Greenthumb
Jun 17 2016, 03:22 PM
I guess I am through with FarmTown as I have spent tons of money but the additional acreage is way to high in coins. I can't seem to get enough and when I am almost check prices and they have gotten so high it is impossible to play anymore. My farms are full and I own m
ost tools, paid for in real money..........and it is no fun anymore.

beverduster
Jun 17 2016, 03:38 PM
I guess I am through with FarmTown as I have spent tons of money but the additional acreage is way to high in coins. I can't seem to get enough and when I am almost check prices and they have gotten so high it is impossible to play anymore. My farms are full and I own m
ost tools, paid for in real money..........and it is no fun anymore.

i agree they are high, but i bought all my upgrades with coins, it can be done, i have all of mine 44X

vsksmom
Jun 18 2016, 03:37 PM
I am wondering if I should download the new facebook arcade. It says it now includes Farm Town. My question is, will this adversely effect the game play or not? I know facebook does things to suit facebook and their games but how will Slashkey be effected?

Edna

Taz D
Jun 18 2016, 04:07 PM
I am wondering if I should download the new facebook arcade. It says it now includes Farm Town. My question is, will this adversely effect the game play or not? I know facebook does things to suit facebook and their games but how will Slashkey be effected?

Edna
Hi Edna,
I moved your post to the Game Feedback thread about the Facebook Arcade. There have been several who have offered opinions about this.

Dulcinea
Jun 19 2016, 04:13 PM
I haven't tried Facebook Arcade since I posted above. When I tried it, I only tried it with Farm Town and didn't notice any difference. Today I logged in and tried another Facebook game, one I haven't been playing much because ever since my computer updated to Windows 10, most of my games have been running like molasses. What a difference. I could actually play. Then I loaded Farm Town and tried working the industries of this one gal who has everything stacked. Her farm usually takes a bit to load and I've had to hide everything but the industries. Not this time. Each farm loaded right up. So I was wrong. Facebook Arcade does make a difference for me. I'll play around with it a bit more, but it looks like I may be using it from now on.

barbara nixon
Jun 19 2016, 09:24 PM
+if it has ads then that is why fb has it..just a way to get into us for more ads..i have addblocker..if i wanted to see ads all the time i'd go watch tv...

Dulcinea
Jun 20 2016, 07:48 AM
+if it has ads then that is why fb has it..just a way to get into us for more ads..i have addblocker..if i wanted to see ads all the time i'd go watch tv...

Yeah, that's a drawback. The one game I play has pop-up videos that my adblocker blocks. With no adblocker, I have to endure ten seconds of the ad while I do something else. Also not keen on how there aren't any tabs or separate windows. I always right-click on my pending-in-wall posts and open them in a new tab. It helps me keep track of which ones I've clicked on.

iowagal
Jun 25 2016, 05:18 PM
Can anyone tell me the advantage of using production chain vs utilization in the facilities manager? Which one is your favorite to use or do you use both depending on what you want to know. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

Tiger
Jun 25 2016, 05:58 PM
Can anyone tell me the advantage of using production chain vs utilization in the facilities manager? Which one is your favorite to use or do you use both depending on what you want to know. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

Hi iowagal,

I moved your post to general feedback where a discussion will be allowed and those who use those filters can reply to you.

Rainelogan
Jun 26 2016, 12:45 AM
after 7 years and even sober it's a constant battle to figure out what to post where on these forums. where to find relevant info and/or how to find moved posts. maybe it's simpler for those more familiar with the site but for me it's a struggle and no doubt many with even less patience (they do exist), find it's not worth the effort.

this site should be a constant hub of chatter considering the amount of players we have but it's more like a ghost-town consisting of a hand full of old timers and the more persistent. i'm always disappointed this site hasn't been developed to its full potential and is so markedly under-utilized.

i'm not saying efforts haven't been made; i have no way of knowing that. all i know is what 'hasn't' changed and feel a better forum could benefit the game more. <<<< this isn't a suggestion ... it's feedback.

i actually came here today to add a note that i too am finding buttons not working in full-screen and extra clicks in chrome annoying. i can't find the relevant posts about it i saw somewhere the other day hence my extra rant about this forum. i understand the devs know about these issues - just adding a plug as one affected.

Gee Winger
Jun 26 2016, 11:18 AM
Tuesday night, I was playing. I worked a job fishing on a farm that had so many ponds it was bogging down the my connection. I started talking with the farmer about how many fish he had. He lied about most everything. He got my true ID. I thought I might have a new friend, but I had found a scammer. 12 hours later, someone hacked into my friend list, which is private, and sent me a friend request using the ID of an existing friend. Next this fake friend started telling me about how I had won $150K and to contact [mod edit: name removed] to collect it. [mod edit: name removed] said she was with IMF and Facebook, send info including facebook password. This kid that sounded like he was under 24 yrs old then used 2 chats, the fake of my friend and [mod edit: name removed] to try to extract personal info. He was after money. He wanted me to pay $375 shipping charge for the $150K check through Fed-Ex arriving in 4 hours. This scam should sound bad. Fed-Ex does not ship that fast. And the kid was so sure of himself. He was targeting retired, disabled, and unemployed. I don't have a credit card, so he kind of looses out in many ways. But the community needs to be aware that not everyone that plays is safe. One of his statements, "liar liar, pants on fire" should give you a good idea of how young he is.

Tiger
Jun 26 2016, 12:29 PM
Tuesday night, I was playing. I worked a job fishing on a farm that had so many ponds it was bogging down the my connection. I started talking with the farmer about how many fish he had. He lied about most everything. He got my true ID. I thought I might have a new friend, but I had found a scammer. 12 hours later, someone hacked into my friend list, which is private, and sent me a friend request using the ID of an existing friend. Next this fake friend started telling me about how I had won $150K and to contact [mod edit: name removed] to collect it. [mod edit: name removed] said she was with IMF and Facebook, send info including facebook password. This kid that sounded like he was under 24 yrs old then used 2 chats, the fake of my friend and [mod edit: name removed] to try to extract personal info. He was after money. He wanted me to pay $375 shipping charge for the $150K check through Fed-Ex arriving in 4 hours. This scam should sound bad. Fed-Ex does not ship that fast. And the kid was so sure of himself. He was targeting retired, disabled, and unemployed. I don't have a credit card, so he kind of looses out in many ways. But the community needs to be aware that not everyone that plays is safe. One of his statements, "liar liar, pants on fire" should give you a good idea of how young he is.

Hi Gee Winger,

I have moved your post into it's own thread as you seem to have met these people in the game rather than Facebooks Live Chat. I have also removed names from your post, we do not permit real names to be posted here unless it it the poster doing it or you have their permission.

You will need to report these people to facebook and perhaps block them yourself so they can no longer message you.

This is not something we can do for you.

If they pester you whilst in the game you can report them or ignore them by clicking on their avatar. Depending on what they have done they will be prevented from sending messages form the game to anyone for a set amount of time, longer if they persist.

Taz D
Jun 26 2016, 02:45 PM
after 7 years and even sober it's a constant battle to figure out what to post where on these forums. where to find relevant info and/or how to find moved posts. maybe it's simpler for those more familiar with the site but for me it's a struggle and no doubt many with even less patience (they do exist), find it's not worth the effort.

this site should be a constant hub of chatter considering the amount of players we have but it's more like a ghost-town consisting of a hand full of old timers and the more persistent. i'm always disappointed this site hasn't been developed to its full potential and is so markedly under-utilized.

i'm not saying efforts haven't been made; i have no way of knowing that. all i know is what 'hasn't' changed and feel a better forum could benefit the game more. <<<< this isn't a suggestion ... it's feedback.

i actually came here today to add a note that i too am finding buttons not working in full-screen and extra clicks in chrome annoying. i can't find the relevant posts about it i saw somewhere the other day hence my extra rant about this forum. i understand the devs know about these issues - just adding a plug as one affected.
Hi Raine,
If I am understanding your problem you came to ask about for Chrome, this is the relevent information that was posted by the developers in the release for this month:
We just confirmed that the latest update of Chrome introduced a few issues:

a) Some text is thinner and more difficult to read
b) Using the mouse wheel in full screen mode is generating mouse clicks as well

They are aware of the problem and working on a solution.
By "they" that means Google is working on a solution.

As far as the forums what would you like to see changed to get more participants in it?
The Forum Guide does have some threads in that to help guide you where to post things in here. Beyond that I am not sure how much easier we can make it.

firegold flames
Jun 26 2016, 04:40 PM
To Rainelogon i just want to ask you , how will encourage old forum member to
rejoin the forum again ? How will you improve the contests here ?

As far as the forums what would you like to see changed to get more participants in it?
The Forum Guide does have some threads in that to help guide you where to post things in here. Beyond that I am not sure how much easier we can make it.

This forum is my playground but i have lack of time to visit .

Dulcinea
Jun 26 2016, 06:48 PM

Yeah, when I first playing FT, I was afraid to post. So many rules! Of course, the drawback is there's an awful lot you can't find out about the game unless you read the forum. So when I started playing regularly again this year, I made a habit of visiting the forum everyday, signing in, and clicking on "New Posts" at the top of the page. That brings up a list of all the new posts since your last visit, and since players ask the same questions again and again, it doesn't take long to get up to speed. Plus, you figure out where stuff is suppose to go when someone posts something in the wrong place and the mod comes back and says, "I've moved your post to such and such thread..." It works for keeping tabs on your own posts, too.

ccheney
Jun 27 2016, 02:46 PM
What I would like to be allowed to post negative feedback as well as positive. It seems every time we post negative feedback the post is removed or the entire thread is locked. I understand removing posts that are hurtful or could incite trouble or locking threads that become a running heated argument but some negative feedback or constructive criticism can be a good thing. How can the devs fix what is wrong if we can't tell them what we dislike about the game?

I do like that there is a discussion on layering now. At one time that was a taboo subject here but since the majority of players stack or layer to some degree I am glad that we can discuss it now up to a point. That point being actually instructing on how to do it.

Taz D
Jun 27 2016, 04:32 PM
What I would like to be allowed to post negative feedback as well as positive. It seems every time we post negative feedback the post is removed or the entire thread is locked. I understand removing posts that are hurtful or could incite trouble or locking threads that become a running heated argument but some negative feedback or constructive criticism can be a good thing. How can the devs fix what is wrong if we can't tell them what we dislike about the game?

I do like that there is a discussion on layering now. At one time that was a taboo subject here but since the majority of players stack or layer to some degree I am glad that we can discuss it now up to a point. That point being actually instructing on how to do it.
Hi ccheney,
Negative feedback has always been allowed as long as there aren't any personal comments about individuals about Slashkey or any personnel associated with Slashkey. Many negative comments have been made about the NCC and both types of quests and have not been deleted.
If you check the date of the first post for the discussion on layering it is a quite old thread. The only thing still not allowed inb the forums are instructions on how to do any type of layering.

Rainelogan
Jun 27 2016, 06:33 PM
Hi Raine,
If I am understanding your problem you came to ask about for Chrome, this is the relevent information that was posted by the developers in the release for this month:
We just confirmed that the latest update of Chrome introduced a few issues:
a) Some text is thinner and more difficult to read
b) Using the mouse wheel in full screen mode is generating mouse clicks as well
They are aware of the problem and working on a solution.
By "they" that means Google is working on a solution.

bingo. it is a whole other issue the mess that is chrome these days suffice to say i now use two browsers to play this game. i spent a fair bit of time trying to fix what i thought was an issue between my pc and the game before coming across those comments and realising it’s just the browser. reading that saved me more time trying to fix an issue i didn’t have.

the buttons not working while in full screen – i understand that’s a known issue and something being looked at. it occurred to me if more of us commented on these issues, others, like i was, could be spared time and it would help give the devs an indication of how widespread the problem was.

that’s when I got lost.
i’m in two minds about offering or not offering suggestions for several reasons, eg;
you’ve a dedicated board for suggestions and last I looked it’s pretty crowded in there.
if my posts get moved to that forum I’ll probably get lost again.
i’m unsure what kinds of suggestions the devs are really interested in and if my time could be better utilized elsewhere.

‘Dulcinea’s’ reply to me in this thread supports what i’m saying too in a round about way. she notes how she was initially afraid to post but time and persistence has paid off for her and I understand she now finds this site a good source of information.

i too find it a good source of information Taz and apologize for implying otherwise. the game guide is especially useful to me and I guess I should get around to reading that forum guide you’ve mentioned. but it’s been 7 years. we’re obviously those ‘persistent’ types I mentioned earlier. should it be this hard? how many don’t bother?

you Taz – this site is your territory. you’ll know it like the back of your hand. your regard for the game and whatever other natural talents you possess make it so and may make it seem easy. the poster, “firegold flames”, he’s in your category. but we’re not all like you guys. we don’t all possess, what shall I call them, “site navigation”, powers. it’s something we have to learn and have to have the inclination to learn. judging by the lack of following here, compared to the amount of players we have, not many, or enough, in my opinion, have that inclination.

i’ve said it before, I think the game itself would benefit from a stronger community. i have this vision where the amount of players we have at any given time is reflected by the level of participants/participation on this forum.

i view the lack of participation on this forum not as a lack of interest, because the numbers, even loosely, don’t stack up, but as reflection on the forum itself. I believe there are more than a few who come here and for various reasons never or rarely come back.

whether people like myself are prepared to invest more than the occasional frustrated rant on the topic depends wholly on whether this particular matter is of any concern to slashkey. perhaps the forum serves their purposes and needs perfectly. just because it wouldn’t make sense to me; it doesn’t have to. i get the opinions and wants of one individual are just a part of a bigger picture.

am I making any sense at all Taz? to me you should want this place to be a little hive of activity and be more user friendly. but maybe it is to you? maybe to you, it’s perfectly fine? if you give me a straight up answer i can stop harping on about it. not the party-line either about all concerns being important to slashkey. ;)

Taz D
Jun 27 2016, 11:02 PM
bingo. it is a whole other issue the mess that is chrome these days suffice to say i now use two browsers to play this game. i spent a fair bit of time trying to fix what i thought was an issue between my pc and the game before coming across those comments and realising it’s just the browser. reading that saved me more time trying to fix an issue i didn’t have.

the buttons not working while in full screen – i understand that’s a known issue and something being looked at. it occurred to me if more of us commented on these issues, others, like i was, could be spared time and it would help give the devs an indication of how widespread the problem was.

that’s when I got lost.

i’m in two minds about offering or not offering suggestions for several reasons, eg;
you’ve a dedicated board for suggestions and last I looked it’s pretty crowded in there.
if my posts get moved to that forum I’ll probably get lost again.
i’m unsure what kinds of suggestions the devs are really interested in and if my time could be better utilized elsewhere.

‘Dulcinea’s’ reply to me in this thread supports what i’m saying too in a round about way. she notes how she was initially afraid to post but time and persistence has paid off for her and I understand she now finds this site a good source of information.

i too find it a good source of information Taz and apologize for implying otherwise. the game guide is especially useful to me and I guess I should get around to reading that forum guide you’ve mentioned. but it’s been 7 years. we’re obviously those ‘persistent’ types I mentioned earlier. should it be this hard? how many don’t bother?

you Taz – this site is your territory. you’ll know it like the back of your hand. your regard for the game and whatever other natural talents you possess make it so and may make it seem easy. the poster, “firegold flames”, he’s in your category. but we’re not all like you guys. we don’t all possess, what shall I call them, “site navigation”, powers. it’s something we have to learn and have to have the inclination to learn. judging by the lack of following here, compared to the amount of players we have, not many, or enough, in my opinion, have that inclination.

i’ve said it before, I think the game itself would benefit from a stronger community. i have this vision where the amount of players we have at any given time is reflected by the level of participants/participation on this forum.

i view the lack of participation on this forum not as a lack of interest, because the numbers, even loosely, don’t stack up, but as reflection on the forum itself. I believe there are more than a few who come here and for various reasons never or rarely come back.

whether people like myself are prepared to invest more than the occasional frustrated rant on the topic depends wholly on whether this particular matter is of any concern to slashkey. perhaps the forum serves their purposes and needs perfectly. just because it wouldn’t make sense to me; it doesn’t have to. i get the opinions and wants of one individual are just a part of a bigger picture.

am I making any sense at all Taz? to me you should want this place to be a little hive of activity and be more user friendly. but maybe it is to you? maybe to you, it’s perfectly fine? if you give me a straight up answer i can stop harping on about it. not the party-line either about all concerns being important to slashkey. ;)
Hi Raine,
I appreciate your candidness.
The buttons issue is a also part of the Chrome issue and hopefully Chrome will correst that too soon.
You are right that I am very familiar with how forums and this particular forum program work, because I have spent many years using and working with these types of programs. The problem with this type of program is it is very structured so limits how we can arrange the divisions and subjects. This is why we have the forum divided into Main subject areas (dark blue bars) and then sub headings to try to guide members to the right place to post. I agree that using a forum if you have never used one before can be intimidating. We try to help as much as we can with the very top main subject being New Forum Users. We could leave the forums as 1 big section where every kind of post would be listed, but I think you would agree that would be utter chaos.
As opposed to what you see, I see how many register in the forums every day, and even if they don't ever feel they have a need to post they do come to the forums frequently to read what is here. As long as they are getting the information they are looking for to play the game then they are happy with that.
I am not sure how you would make it more user friendly as you say. The Social section used to be much more active, but nothing has changed there as we have not placed any restrictions on anyone posting there. Only the people have changed and are not using it like it was before.
As far as the Suggestions area goes, your suggestions will not get lost. We keep the number of threads in that section down to where they all show, so sometimes it may seem to be restricted for the subjects. This is the way the developers asked us to set this area up, so they could easily read through the suggestions and choose what they wish to implement. On occasion they will ask us to clear out the posts as they have determined what they can or agree that the suggestions will be added to the game. However, rest assured they do look at each suggestion to see if it can be done and they agree if it is a good idea. The only suggestion that doesn't get considered is the one not posted.
I hope I have answered your questions. Please do read the Forum Guide section as it really isn't long and there is some good information to help you get around the forums.

max_river
Jun 27 2016, 11:21 PM
I think there use to be more members when my space had farm town. also i think because so many have started groups that they share there info in the groups. i member of one site that i been friends for along time that we have more fun because there are not as many rules

firegold flames
Jun 28 2016, 08:12 AM

I have to use the quote to answer your questions . I am happy that you reply :)
Many 3rd party forums do face the same issues/problems , not just our farm town forum because in some forums i attend to , people will tend to tell me that there is no
participation because as you mentioned in the quote "never or rarely come back" , so just our farm town moderators/staffs is facing the same issues .

I understand Taz because i learning from experience 3rd party forum staff, i hope & wish to help Taz & their team but due busy roles in life , i can't , i only help during free time , in 3rd party forum, i am happy to help him/her which i won't be saying too much because of the rules .Taz is dedicated forum staff here on this forum and i can see it :) and i have to agree with Taz under Post 8, no need to say much .

Rainelogan
Jun 28 2016, 04:40 PM
Hi Raine,
I appreciate your candidness.
The buttons issue is a also part of the Chrome issue and hopefully Chrome will correst that too soon.
You are right that I am very familiar with how forums and this particular forum program work, because I have spent many years using and working with these types of programs. The problem with this type of program is it is very structured so limits how we can arrange the divisions and subjects. This is why we have the forum divided into Main subject areas (dark blue bars) and then sub headings to try to guide members to the right place to post. I agree that using a forum if you have never used one before can be intimidating. We try to help as much as we can with the very top main subject being New Forum Users. We could leave the forums as 1 big section where every kind of post would be listed, but I think you would agree that would be utter chaos.
As opposed to what you see, I see how many register in the forums every day, and even if they don't ever feel they have a need to post they do come to the forums frequently to read what is here. As long as they are getting the information they are looking for to play the game then they are happy with that.
I am not sure how you would make it more user friendly as you say. The Social section used to be much more active, but nothing has changed there as we have not placed any restrictions on anyone posting there. Only the people have changed and are not using it like it was before.
As far as the Suggestions area goes, your suggestions will not get lost. We keep the number of threads in that section down to where they all show, so sometimes it may seem to be restricted for the subjects. This is the way the developers asked us to set this area up, so they could easily read through the suggestions and choose what they wish to implement. On occasion they will ask us to clear out the posts as they have determined what they can or agree that the suggestions will be added to the game. However, rest assured they do look at each suggestion to see if it can be done and they agree if it is a good idea. The only suggestion that doesn't get considered is the one not posted.
I hope I have answered your questions. Please do read the Forum Guide section as it really isn't long and there is some good information to help you get around the forums.

thank you for taking the time with that Taz as it really clarifies a lot for me. i know time for responses here have to be considered and measured which didn’t help with the earlier influxes of years past.

“ccheneys” views are shared by me and tie into that too; if i’m reading it correctly the tougher measures evolved from the days of more traffic and granted they were certainly needed then.

if there ever is an opportunity to draw some of those punters back or attract new – maybe those tractors wouldn’t be so pricey.

Rainelogan
Jun 28 2016, 04:42 PM
I think there use to be more members when my space had farm town. also i think because so many have started groups that they share there info in the groups. i member of one site that i been friends for along time that we have more fun because there are not as many rules

true i forgot about my space - wonder how many made the switch.

mick-jolly
Jul 09 2016, 05:42 AM
I use production chain then i can find what i want in a order that i can follow. Could never work the other one out as it kept changing when the utilisation went up or down of a facility.

LazyMare
Jul 09 2016, 09:30 AM
If it's any help I sort alphabeticaly to find the facilities I only have 1 of (generally the FC ones), by Production chain when I want to fill all facilities and by utilisation when am only filling some facilities (for NCC)
By experimenting everyone finds the way that works best for them :)

Vivienne57
Jul 10 2016, 02:43 PM
Hi Shnookims,

No idea why not, but it Facebook hasn't rolled it out to everyone. Some have it , some don't.

Where is the Farm Town chat so I can check if I've got it or not...thanks

Taz D
Jul 10 2016, 04:09 PM
Where is the Farm Town chat so I can check if I've got it or not...thanks
Hi Vivienne,
It is not a Farm Town chat. It is a Chat that Facebook set up on the side for games. However, they have not rolled it out to everyone. You would need to talk to Facebook as it has nothing to do with Farm Town and is not a product of Farm Town.

PamC
Jul 11 2016, 07:41 AM
They need to get an app for Farm Town on tablets. My computer is to slow to do things on so I don't play as much as I would like.

firegold flames
Jul 11 2016, 08:37 AM
never heard before , what is this mean ?, i hope Taz will send a message or anything he know about it.(through PM or what/so-ever)

Taz D
Jul 11 2016, 02:49 PM
never heard before , what is this mean ?, i hope Taz will send a message or anything he know about it.(through PM or what/so-ever)
Hi firegold flames,
Taz does know anything about the Live Chat. That is a Facebook thing and I have never had it come up for me. Supposedly it is a group chat that shows to the right side of the farm page and is for all games. That is all I know.

Dulcinea
Jul 11 2016, 03:09 PM
It comes up for me in all my browsers except Chrome, where it's blocked by an add-on. People generally use it to help each other out. They post links on how to do stuff, neighbor requests, work requests, bonuses and ingredient requests. But mostly they just shoot the breeze and chat about whatever. I occasionally post my bonuses there if I think it's something people actually want, but I don't hang out there much myself. It seems the people who do already know one another because they also work one another's facilities. For the most part, in so far as I've observed, they seem like a nice group of players. :)

Gee Winger
Jul 14 2016, 07:34 PM
I am having an issue coming up with enough bait for my fish. If I were to place a fish farm on every one of my farms, I will never be able to generate enough bait. I have tried the free gifts but still if I work 24 hours gifting I can not get enough. I need a way to generate 7 to 12 million bait a day. The new boats really made the harvest easy! Now what to do about bait. If we can get manure wagons that do the entire set of farms, can't we have a similar bait. I am willing to buy the bait each day. A million bait for a a million coins will work for me.

Allykat
Jul 15 2016, 05:15 PM
Hi I am not sure if it would be possible but I would love to see a means of ticking on ideas/suggestions that I and others are interested in.

I spend a lot of time trying to find posts that are of interest and then to find the same ideas/suggestions posted multiple times. Where if you could just go and tick the ones you agree with this would also help the devs to quickly see the most popular ones to work on.

Cheers:)

Taz D
Jul 15 2016, 05:38 PM
Hi I am not sure if it would be possible but I would love to see a means of ticking on ideas/suggestions that I and others are interested in.

I spend a lot of time trying to find posts that are of interest and then to find the same ideas/suggestions posted multiple times. Where if you could just go and tick the ones you agree with this would also help the devs to quickly see the most popular ones to work on.

Cheers:)
Hi Allykat,
I am afraid that is not possible as this forum program does not have any capability for something like that, just as we can't add a like button. We can't allow comments or replies on suggestions either to keep the Suggestions section as clean and neat as possible for the developers.

Fran Barrett
Jul 16 2016, 11:57 AM
Thank you, I, too, was searching for what the dots are.

bbbjwilson
Jul 21 2016, 10:31 AM
Hello Farmers and Admin...I have a dilemma ----
A full run of my factories etc. require:
7550 potpourri...I have 1 Air Freshener Factory and it produces 200 potpourri per 24 hours = 38 factories needed
2392 FT Beer...I have 1 Brewery and it produces 200 per 24 hours= 11 needed factories
2295 Leather Rolls...1 Semi Truck produces 624 per 24 hours...I have 6 Semi Trucks which should produce 3744 rolls per 24 hours and does not. (I own the ordering station so get twice as much)
888 Kevlar...1 Semi Truck produces 240 per 24 hours...I have 6 Semi Trucks which should produce 1440 Kevlar per 24 hours...and does not
1605 Pearl Oysters...200 per 24 hours...I have 6 Fish Farming Plants= 9 factories needed
We cannot work the Semi Trucks and the Fish Farming Plant. I work at least between 5 and 6 neighbor’s farms each day. We cannot buy any of these items in the market nor buy a train car. What in the world is going on here? I really need some answers before I spend any more of my hard earned money.
Thanks

Tiger
Jul 21 2016, 11:03 AM
Hello Farmers and Admin...I have a dilemma ----
A full run of my factories etc. require:
7550 potpourri...I have 1 Air Freshener Factory and it produces 200 potpourri per 24 hours = 38 factories needed
2392 FT Beer...I have 1 Brewery and it produces 200 per 24 hours= 11 needed factories
2295 Leather Rolls...1 Semi Truck produces 624 per 24 hours...I have 6 Semi Trucks which should produce 3744 rolls per 24 hours and does not. (I own the ordering station so get twice as much)
888 Kevlar...1 Semi Truck produces 240 per 24 hours...I have 6 Semi Trucks which should produce 1440 Kevlar per 24 hours...and does not
1605 Pearl Oysters...200 per 24 hours...I have 6 Fish Farming Plants= 9 factories needed
We cannot work the Semi Trucks and the Fish Farming Plant. I work at least between 5 and 6 neighbor’s farms each day. We cannot buy any of these items in the market nor buy a train car. What in the world is going on here? I really need some answers before I spend any more of my hard earned money.
Thanks

Hi bbbjwilson,

There are many facilities that require multiples of another facility to meet it's demands. The more facilities that are added over time, the more you may need from other facilities. This is nothing new. The mistake many make is to buy another or duplicate facilty without first checking what it is going to need to supply it. If the needs come from another FC facility then they might think again before purchasing it if they do not want to spend the FC.

The pearl oysters is a particularly good example. You need a considerable amount of those just to meet the requirements of the two products made in the artisan jewelry studio. Personally with these, because i do not wish to buy more fish farming plants, i turn off the production of the 2 products and let my supply of pearl oysters build back up then i start making them again.

To check the leather rolls, check your storage amounts and then store leather from one of the semi trailers and then check storage again to see if they made it there. If they did not try reloading the game and then check again.

If you wish to make a suggestions to increased production in any of the facilities you need to post them in the suggestions area of the forum where the developers will look. Here's the link to the Suggestions area of the forum....
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

bbbjwilson
Jul 21 2016, 11:38 AM
So turn off products in a facility you have paid farm cash for, forgo the xp involved because the products are scarce? hahahahahaha---I tried to leave a suggestion for the developers and my access was denied...why?
Thanks.

Tiger
Jul 21 2016, 11:45 AM
So turn off products in a facility you have paid farm cash for, forgo the xp involved because the products are scarce? hahahahahaha---I tried to leave a suggestion for the developers and my access was denied...why?
Thanks.

LOL like i said, that's just what i choose to do, I am not in desperate need for those extra xp or coins and I by no means speak for everyone, others may do different and will let you know if they want.

You can not start a "New Thread" in suggestions, what you do is find one with a title that most suits your idea and then post in the reply box at the bottom.

bbbjwilson
Jul 21 2016, 11:51 AM
I did as you asked and wrote down the number of stored items for leather roll. The first one I loaded had 364 items produced. I went to my storage and it wasn't stored...so I refreshed and came back and checked. They were not stored as was the Kevlar. I went back to my semi's and tried it twice more and none were stored. This needs to be fixed. Thanks.

Tiger
Jul 21 2016, 11:57 AM
I did as you asked and wrote down the number of stored items for leather roll. The first one I loaded had 364 items produced. I went to my storage and it wasn't stored...so I refreshed and came back and checked. They were not stored as was the Kevlar. I went back to my semi's and tried it twice more and none were stored. This needs to be fixed. Thanks.

Hi bbbjwilson,

We're checking into this. If we find a problem we will send it off.

Edit to Add >>

Please try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try storing again. That should correct it for the next time you store.

bbbjwilson
Jul 21 2016, 12:37 PM
I cleared the memcache and repeated the process from above. None were stored. This has been going on since the last upgrade. Thanks

Tiger
Jul 21 2016, 12:45 PM
I cleared the memcache and repeated the process from above. None were stored. This has been going on since the last upgrade. Thanks

Hi bbbjwilson,

We are not getting the same problem so can't reproduce it and no-one else is reporting it so far. Can you please contact support with this as they may have others with the same problem. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

karnott57
Jul 23 2016, 06:49 PM
I was having the same problem until I bought the new 4x gifter. It does cost farmcash, but it's the best purchase, besides the pink turbo, that I have done so far! If you have that tool it will multiply by 4 the number of gifts you are sent. So that means, for every gift of 400 bait, you actually get 1600. I also have the autoclicker for the free gift site, so I can rack up bait quickly. I downloaded a cool million bait, and only had to click on 5 pages of gifts to get it! Buy the gifter...it's worth it!

Gee Winger
Jul 24 2016, 02:24 AM
These options really are not possible for me. Unless the FT development team expands the game again. I do not use my real money for games. And the free gift site is too slow. If I had all the time in the world, it would still be too slow. I need 12 million bait per day. I have found that a super neighbor with all the options on will harvest all large fish. With the Dan Degree Multiplier the harvest is really nice. But with this many fish, a stranger can harvest a fairly good payout. I would rather have a bait store to buy bait from to double the harvest.

Shantily
Aug 03 2016, 12:43 PM
Got milk? I don't produce enough to support all my facilities. Is there a formula for how many dairy sheds I need to fully stock the dairy processing and the ice cream factory? I have 12 dairy sheds. Right now i just make cheese and whipped cream. Cheese is also difficult to get enough of. The ratios change with each new facility its hard to keep track :(

Taz D
Aug 03 2016, 12:52 PM
Got milk? I don't produce enough to support all my facilities. Is there a formula for how many dairy sheds I need to fully stock the dairy processing and the ice cream factory? I have 12 dairy sheds. Right now i just make cheese and whipped cream. Cheese is also difficult to get enough of. The ratios change with each new facility its hard to keep track :(
Hi shantily,
The ingredient planner can tell you how much you need for a full loading of your facilities by setting the filter to 15 days. Beyond that the variables are how often you harvest your dairies, how often you fill your facilities, how many times a week you post them and how many work your facilities. I find that many try to fill and post too often and then can't keep up with the demand for the basic items they need for filling the facilities.

Shantily
Aug 03 2016, 12:56 PM
I'm at maxed level 750 so i dont work them very much anymore. just plant crops :) but when the new levels come out i want to be at full capacity on as much as i can :) i can go and harvest my dairies and still not have enough milk to do 2 dairies and 2 ice cream shops..100%i mean.. and the cheese production is way off. never enough to fill the facilities that require it..

Taz D
Aug 03 2016, 01:27 PM
I'm at maxed level 750 so i dont work them very much anymore. just plant crops :) but when the new levels come out i want to be at full capacity on as much as i can :) i can go and harvest my dairies and still not have enough milk to do 2 dairies and 2 ice cream shops..100%i mean.. and the cheese production is way off. never enough to fill the facilities that require it..
Hi Shantily,
I have 5 regular and 1 super dairy barn, 4 dairy processing plants and 2 ice cream factories. I harvest my dairy barns twice a day (ready every 8 hours). I post my facilities and services once a day. I am only making cheese and sour cream at the moment. I have a surplus of 223,000 milk.
Only thing I can offer is to not make some of the products that use milk for a while to build back up your supply of milk.
You can make a suggestion in the Suggestion section to increase the production of milk. You cannot start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to a thread that fits your suggestion.

nanatoni
Aug 07 2016, 01:30 AM
I just have a question and am not sure where to ask it, so in here it goes.
Brussel Sprouts, and Dragon Fruit are crops that are not currently used.
Brussel Sprouts have been a "dead" crop almost from the start of FT.
Is there any plan to incorporate these crops into products/food items anytime soon.
Yes, I know many plant a lot of their farms to reap the high cash value to build up coin, but seems they're just taking up space. Just curious. Thanks

Taz D
Aug 07 2016, 08:41 AM
I just have a question and am not sure where to ask it, so in here it goes.
Brussel Sprouts, and Dragon Fruit are crops that are not currently used.
Brussel Sprouts have been a "dead" crop almost from the start of FT.
Is there any plan to incorporate these crops into products/food items anytime soon.
Yes, I know many plant a lot of their farms to reap the high cash value to build up coin, but seems they're just taking up space. Just curious. Thanks
Hi nanatoni,
Only the developers know if they will ever use the brussel sprouts and they don't tell us any plans until they are released in an update.

MOM GLENDA
Aug 08 2016, 11:53 AM
do not know if this is the correct place to post this .i wish that when we get new crops.the bonuses would not all come time we start planting .i max out cannot get all who click mine.wish you would wait give us the 6 and 7th later .also please increase the amt of felt made. bought more textile mills did not help me so i unchecked things i making with felt to get it up.think i got 7 textile mills now.thanks for a great game

Dulcinea
Aug 08 2016, 12:01 PM
also please increase the amt of felt made. bought more textile mills did not help me so i unchecked things i making with felt to get it up.think i got 7 textile mills now.thanks for a great game

I had to do that with my plastic granules. I ran out, so I unchecked everything that used plastic granules until I had a good supply. It seems from working my neighbors' facilities that most people do that. I've noticed how they'll have their facilities maxed out except for items that need a scarce ingredient.

Taz D
Aug 08 2016, 12:13 PM
do not know if this is the correct place to post this .i wish that when we get new crops.the bonuses would not all come time we start planting .i max out cannot get all who click mine.wish you would wait give us the 6 and 7th later .also please increase the amt of felt made. bought more textile mills did not help me so i unchecked things i making with felt to get it up.think i got 7 textile mills now.thanks for a great game
Hi Mom Glenda,
It would be better to post your suggestion in the Suggestions section where the developers will see it rather than in the feedback section. You cannot start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

Taz D
Aug 08 2016, 06:52 PM
I am closing this thread as many are thinking this is where to post suggestions for increasing production for products. The place to post your suggestions is in the Suggestion section. You cannot start a new thread there as we try to keep that section organized for the developers and keep it to no more than 1 page of threads to make it easier for you to find a subject for your suggestion. Here is a link to the Suggestions:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

farmerKBW
Aug 11 2016, 10:44 AM
I don't know where this should go, so I'm putting it here, it really only needs to be seen once by the right person.

In the Game Guide, in the list of tree times, there's one missing. I'm going by what trees are able to move up in belts/dans, either from the market or from gifts. This one is from the market, it's the Mugo Pine Bush, a 3 day "tree." I was checking that list against the list I copied from "My Belts," and that was the only one that's on the Belts list, but not on the list of tree times.

Just thought I'd bring this to someone's attention.

Taz D
Aug 11 2016, 11:07 AM
I don't know where this should go, so I'm putting it here, it really only needs to be seen once by the right person.

In the Game Guide, in the list of tree times, there's one missing. I'm going by what trees are able to move up in belts/dans, either from the market or from gifts. This one is from the market, it's the Mugo Pine Bush, a 3 day "tree." I was checking that list against the list I copied from "My Belts," and that was the only one that's on the Belts list, but not on the list of tree times.

Just thought I'd bring this to someone's attention.
Hi KBW,
Added.

ImSunflower
Aug 29 2016, 04:55 PM
I attempted to post this in the Suggestions Forum, but was informed that I don't have the correct settings on my account to post a thread there . . . . interesting.

So, here it is, and if someone would like to move it TO the Suggestions Forum, that would be fine.

Wondering if it's possible to have a feature with the messages on a farm to see the entire conversation? I know this is mostly used and a thanks for your work type message, but there are a few sort of on going type of conversations which would be nice and helpful to access past messages for.

Thanks! ;)

Taz D
Aug 29 2016, 05:00 PM
I attempted to post this in the Suggestions Forum, but was informed that I don't have the correct settings on my account to post a thread there . . . . interesting.

So, here it is, and if someone would like to move it TO the Suggestions Forum, that would be fine.

Wondering if it's possible to have a feature with the messages on a farm to see the entire conversation? I know this is mostly used and a thanks for your work type message, but there are a few sort of on going type of conversations which would be nice and helpful to access past messages for.

Thanks! ;)
Hi ImSunflower,
You can not start a new thread in the Suggestions section as we try to keep that area arranged to make it easier for members to find the right subject thread and organized in the way the developers want it to allow them to see all grouped by subject. You can only reply to a thread that fits your suggestion.
I am sorry, but what you are asking cannot be done as Flash Player limits how the messages can be seen which is in chronological order and your sent messages are not saved in your data.

ImSunflower
Aug 29 2016, 10:34 PM
Ahh, OK, thanks for the info!

Vivienne57
Aug 31 2016, 07:27 AM
Working facilities is such a rush
I love this Farm Town game so much
It beats playing a game on a rug
Where there is no buttons, lights, screen or plug....lololol

Yeah :)

ellenaussiefarm
Sep 01 2016, 10:08 PM
I am just wondering if the wonderful mods check the suggerstion threads as sometiems i see them in my emails and think there are some things that would fit better here.

Taz D
Sep 01 2016, 10:29 PM
I am just wondering if the wonderful mods check the suggerstion threads as sometiems i see them in my emails and think there are some things that would fit better here.
Hi ellenaussiefarm,
Yes, the moderators check the Suggestion threads every time someone posts to them. Some posts do get moved to feedback if they are not making a suggestion, but just a statement. Others are moved to the Help & Support section to be answered.

Petuniaflower
Sep 02 2016, 09:56 PM
Please Mods could you explain this to players,better than I am doing.

I have neighbors who don't understand ,how I work their facilities twice a day.

I tell them I go by the clock,and try my best to explain.

You have to have a stopping time.Stop,do no more for 8 hours. You can do others facilities over again.Even if it has been 8 hrs or less ,since you did them!

Go by the clock,and don't do any until it says you can. Whew!:eek:

Taz D
Sep 02 2016, 10:20 PM
Please Mods could you explain this to players,better than I am doing.

I have neighbors who don't understand ,how I work their facilities twice a day.

I tell them I go by the clock,and try my best to explain.

You have to have a stopping time.Stop,do no more for 8 hours. You can do others facilities over again.Even if it has been 8 hrs or less ,since you did them!

Go by the clock,and don't do any until it says you can. Whew!:eek:
Hi Petuniaflower,
You just explained it. You must stop ALL facility and service work for 8 hours. If you wait the complete 8 hours for both then you can rework anyone's facility and services posts. If you don't then you will not be able to do them again until you do.

i try
Oct 14 2016, 08:43 PM
can u reload your own? also how about after someone worhed yours?

Is posting 'facility work'?

Taz D
Oct 14 2016, 08:50 PM
can u reload your own? also how about after someone worhed yours?

Is posting 'facility work'?
Hi i try,
Yes you can reload your own facilities. This is only about working your neighbors/friends posts and has nothing to do with loading or reloading your own facilities.

i try
Oct 14 2016, 09:11 PM
Quick response! ThanXXX for a great game and equally great support (altho i didn't Google my questions ((yet)).. ha ha)

NooNoo
Oct 15 2016, 07:20 AM
Why isn't Squid production keeping up?
This is driving me nuts. I pay FC for Big Sea Coasts and they provide less than 100 each but I need 2000 to fill my facilities.

Getting fed up with somethings producing millions and other things producing very little.

marymarcel
Oct 15 2016, 07:29 AM
Why isn't Squid production keeping up?
This is driving me nuts. I pay FC for Big Sea Coasts and they provide less than 100 each but I need 2000 to fill my facilities.

Getting fed up with somethings producing millions and other things producing very little.

Hi NooNoo:)

I'm sorry but we cant answer your question as it is up to developers which items they consider to increase production.

But you can post your idea in our Suggestion Section, where the developers can read it. You cant open a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to that Section:

NooNoo
Oct 15 2016, 07:38 AM
The link takes me to the section but I am not allowed to post. Which thread did you have in mind to bury my request so that the developers will never see it please?

marymarcel
Oct 15 2016, 07:42 AM
The link takes me to the section but I am not allowed to post. Which thread did you have in mind to bury my request so that the developers will never see it please?

The link is for the Suggestion section, there you can see all the threads opened for you to choose one of them and post your idea as a response, as I told you, you cant open a new thread there.

You can post in the following open thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332042

rileyezekiel
Oct 15 2016, 07:51 AM
have searched all water and cannot find crawfish.... where do I get them?

marymarcel
Oct 15 2016, 07:56 AM
have searched all water and cannot find crawfish.... where do I get them?

Hi rileyezekiel:)

Crawfish container is produced in the Fish Farming Plant.

You can purchase it in the Store, under Facilities tab and it costs 28 farmcash.

April50
Oct 15 2016, 05:08 PM
Anyone know where I can purchase FT t-shirts, coffee mugs etc.?

mamahawk15
Oct 16 2016, 10:56 AM
I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the people who developed and maintain FT. It is so much fun and it is totally relaxing after a hard day at work.

Thank you,

mamahawk15 :)

Tiger
Oct 17 2016, 07:34 AM
Anyone know where I can purchase FT t-shirts, coffee mugs etc.?

Hi April50,

No I'm sorry but Slashkey does not sell any FT merchandise. You could always make a suggestion about it in the Suggestions area of the forum if you wish. You can not start a new thread there, what you do is reply to an already existing thread. Here's the link to that section. http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Gee Winger
Oct 19 2016, 02:47 PM
The present Farm Town Wall is designed for one neighbor. If you pick a link then you are taken out to go to your farm. If you have more than 10 neighbors you have to then go back thru all the links to get to the wall again then pick another link. This needs to be reworked! If we can pick multiples in other screens we should be here also!

marymarcel
Oct 19 2016, 02:52 PM
The present Farm Town Wall is designed for one neighbor. If you pick a link then you are taken out to go to your farm. If you have more than 10 neighbors you have to then go back thru all the links to get to the wall again then pick another link. This needs to be reworked! If we can pick multiples in other screens we should be here also!

Hi Gee Winger:)

Please hover the mouse on the link for working facilities and right click, then choose Open in a new tab. That way you can work those facilities, when you are done, just close that tab and the Farm town wall requests is there for you to continue working the next facilities.

Petuniaflower
Oct 21 2016, 05:16 PM
I was reading on the news about Cyber attacks interrupting internet services.

So why am I posting this on this forum.
I was reading this on the news report.

Anyone else having a whole lot of trouble with sites loading properly this morning?," "Paypal is down, Twitter was down, Netflix half loading."

I happen to use Pay Pal to buy Farm Cash. :eek:

Petuniaflower
Oct 21 2016, 05:25 PM
Ok I logged into my Pay Pal account,I know others here must also use it.

As a customer of Dyn Inc., PayPal is experiencing brief interruptions in service. This has prevented some of our customers from being able to pay with PayPal in certain regions. PayPal was not attacked directly, nor were any of our core services to business impacted in the disruption. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and remain committed to giving our customers around the world trusted and reliable ways to manage and move their money.

Tuckertbnc
Oct 27 2016, 07:01 AM
I was selling flowers and I noticed that the new Blue Hydrangea has the same price for Large and Regular ... 175 ... I know there is supposed to be 2 different prices .... Just to let someone know ...

Suntanned
Oct 27 2016, 11:05 PM
A new medium for delivering goods was announced several months ago. Similar to the existing trains, we assumed that it be different. But not non existent, but far be it for me to question the pace ones developments.

So please keep us informed - when are the Super Ships coming?

Thank you,

Suntanned

Taz D
Oct 27 2016, 11:16 PM
A new medium for delivering goods was announced several months ago. Similar to the existing trains, we assumed that it be different. But not non existent, but far be it for me to question the pace ones developments.

So please keep us informed - when are the Super Ships coming?

Thank you,

Suntanned
Hi Suntanned,
This was only mentioned in the September 3rd release which has not even been 2 months.

From the September 3rd release:
Recently started the development of a functionality that will introduce Ships as a transportation method to get ingredients, it will have a dynamic different to the trains.

From the September 30th release:
Note: We had to push back a few weeks the release of the Ship transportation feature, we estimate we will finish it in 4-6 weeks.

That is all the information we have. Hopefully in the next release it will be ready or at least we get some more information about it.

Tiger
Oct 29 2016, 10:28 AM
I was selling flowers and I noticed that the new Blue Hydrangea has the same price for Large and Regular ... 175 ... I know there is supposed to be 2 different prices .... Just to let someone know ...

Hi Tuckertbnc,

Thanks for reporting this. We found the issue is the same for all the new flowers from the latest release. This is hopefully due to be fixed in the next release.

Tuckertbnc
Oct 29 2016, 11:42 AM
Hi Tuckertbnc,

Thanks for reporting this. We found the issue is the same for all the new flowers from the latest release. This is hopefully due to be fixed in the next release.

Thanks Tiger for replying .. I harvested my quest farm today myself to compare all the flowers and found that the Yellow Rose and the Petunia are the same as the Blue Hydrangea ... 175 for both .. was just coming in to report :) ...

Pirate Kel
Nov 09 2016, 06:08 AM
I havent played in a long time... are there really no colored crates anymore??

Pirate Kel
Nov 09 2016, 06:12 AM

omg i forgot about the i win stuff haha

LazyMare
Nov 09 2016, 06:48 AM

omg i forgot about the i win stuff haha

Hi Pirate Kel

As it's a question your post will probably be moved to Help and Support

There are a lot more coloured crates than there used to be and they are in the Farm Decor section of the Store

columbonet
Nov 09 2016, 05:53 PM
I was hired in the market, and when I finished the person said thanks "XXXX"
They are not on my friends or neighbors list and my screen name is not even close to my real name.

Taz D
Nov 09 2016, 08:18 PM
I was hired in the market, and when I finished the person said thanks "XXXX"
They are not on my friends or neighbors list and my screen name is not even close to my real name.
Hi columbonet,
When you send an ingame message to someone then they see your "avatar name (first name)" as the person who sent it. If you look at their message then you will see theirs too.
They only see your first name and not your complete name, so does not give them enough to be able to find you on Facebook. It has been that way for quite a while now.

columbonet
Nov 10 2016, 03:54 AM
Thanks Taz. I just returned to the game several weeks ago and hadn't even noticed that change.

rjohn726
Nov 11 2016, 06:55 AM
I can't find what I mentioned today at all about that problem. However, I did mention that my phone that is pluged into the wall may be that problem on facebook.

Therefore as Jeanne who I live with has a smart phone, I will thansfer money from my bank account to hers and she will buy that whatever for me in facebook and gift it to me. That is quite fine with me.

I see no need to buy something that I don't need like a mobile or smart phone as hers is just fine.

I will use the one that is plugged into the wall.

Either I play Farm Town or I don't.

marymarcel
Nov 11 2016, 07:03 AM
I can't find what I mentioned today at all about that problem. However, I did mention that my phone that is pluged into the wall may be that problem on facebook.

Therefore as Jeanne who I live with has a smart phone, I will thansfer money from my bank account to hers and she will buy that whatever for me in facebook and gift it to me. That is quite fine with me.

I see no need to buy something that I don't need like a mobile or smart phone as hers is just fine.

I will use the one that is plugged into the wall.

Either I play Farm Town or I don't.

Hi rjohn726:)

Your posts were moved to the following link and responded there

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6112510#post6112510

We moved them to have all posts with same problems together in the same place.

You have instructions on how to find your own posts in the following thread

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

kidwboro
Nov 15 2016, 10:01 PM
Definitely a wonderful game. The concept of facilities is awesome. A person can obtain a huge abundance of products in a short time, and both parties get blessed. It brings people together. A very friendly atmosphere altogether, in the facilities realm as well as the harvesting/plowing realm.

artbee
Nov 17 2016, 04:46 AM
thank farm town
I have chatted to people from across the world
made sport theme farms
have Australian restaurant

firegold flames
Nov 18 2016, 02:43 PM
I agree that Farm town is fun and exciting .

Qivis
Nov 18 2016, 05:15 PM
Definitely a wonderful game. The concept of facilities is awesome. A person can obtain a huge abundance of products in a short time, and both parties get blessed. It brings people together. A very friendly atmosphere altogether, in the facilities realm as well as the harvesting/plowing realm.

Well put. I've even found out about new Facebook stickers because of the friendliness of some of my Farm Town friends posting them in response to my posts. A friend in the other hemisphere is especially fond of waving when he sees my requests for ingredients!

rjohn726
Nov 27 2016, 04:39 AM
Thanks for updating your computers.

I like the new speed

lovetoocraft
Dec 04 2016, 02:12 PM
Like so many people, I am retired and on a fixed income. It costs $40 in actual currency to purchase $250FC (FC=FarmCash). To purchase a new farm and totally build it out, we need to purchase $80 (actual currency) to get enough FC to purchase and build out a new farm. That is expensive. PLEASE CONSIDER putting items on sale. I would be more inclined to purchase more FC if for example I could purchase the entire farm with all the build outs and still have enough left over to purchase a few factories for the $40 (actual cash) investment.

Every one wins...You win because I would be willing to purchase more FC. I win because I am getting a better value for my money.

Taz D
Dec 04 2016, 02:19 PM
Like so many people, I am retired and on a fixed income. It costs $40 in actual currency to purchase $250FC (FC=FarmCash). To purchase a new farm and totally build it out, we need to purchase $80 (actual currency) to get enough FC to purchase and build out a new farm. That is expensive. PLEASE CONSIDER putting items on sale. I would be more inclined to purchase more FC if for example I could purchase the entire farm with all the build outs and still have enough left over to purchase a few factories for the $40 (actual cash) investment.

Every one wins...You win because I would be willing to purchase more FC. I win because I am getting a better value for my money.
If you wish to make a suggestion please put it in the Suggestions section where the developers will see it. You can't start a new thread there but you can reply to a thread that fits your suggestion.
I will say that FC is not the only way to buy your farms and expansions. You can also buy them with coins that do not cost you anything in real money.

Peyana
Dec 06 2016, 09:40 AM
With the introduction of the caper bush, I thought you guys might be headed in the right direction--until the Pimiento Tree was introduced. It is a plant guys! :) It should be a crop, not a tree. And while we are on the subject, grapes-green and purple AND red, should be a bush not a plant. Not just because it is how they really grow, but think how cool it would be to have a farm that you could make as a vineyard and having rows of grapes growing!

I love this game and am happy it is evolving and I get to experience it. Thank you for all your hard work, but can we please switch the grapes from a plant to a bush and the Pimento from a tree to a crop?

Qivis
Dec 06 2016, 04:14 PM
Cranberries are usually grown in flooded bogs as well, but we have adjusted to some of the idiosyncrasies of the game at this point. While it would be nice if the grapes had a category of vines for themselves, it is another complication that many of us simply do without.

Taz D
Dec 06 2016, 07:28 PM
With the introduction of the caper bush, I thought you guys might be headed in the right direction--until the Pimiento Tree was introduced. It is a plant guys! :) It should be a crop, not a tree. And while we are on the subject, grapes-green and purple AND red, should be a bush not a plant. Not just because it is how they really grow, but think how cool it would be to have a farm that you could make as a vineyard and having rows of grapes growing!

I love this game and am happy it is evolving and I get to experience it. Thank you for all your hard work, but can we please switch the grapes from a plant to a bush and the Pimento from a tree to a crop?
Hi Peyana,
The pimento pepper (red pepper strip usually in olives) we know is a plant yes. This is the Pimento Tree also know as Jamaican pepper and the berries from it are hard and ground to make allspice. Two different things

Peyana
Dec 07 2016, 09:31 AM
Hi Peyana,
The pimento pepper (red pepper strip usually in olives) we know is a plant yes. This is the Pimento Tree also know as Jamaican pepper and the berries from it are hard and ground to make allspice. Two different things

OHHHHHHH! Ok, I understand. :) Thank you for clarifying. What about my idea for the grapes? And can we add red grapes as those are usually used to make wine, right? And we really need to add grape jelly since we have peanut butter. :)

Thanks for an awesome game!

Taz D
Dec 07 2016, 04:48 PM
OHHHHHHH! Ok, I understand. :) Thank you for clarifying. What about my idea for the grapes? And can we add red grapes as those are usually used to make wine, right? And we really need to add grape jelly since we have peanut butter. :)

Thanks for an awesome game!
Hi Peyana,
Any suggestions you want to make please place them in the Suggestion section. You can not start a new thread there, so you will have to reply to one that fits your suggestion.

CjBillie44
Dec 09 2016, 05:12 AM

also, it would be great if we could move the facilities between farms without loosing any of the productions and not having to put it into the store first to move it and loose everything, thanks

LazyMare
Dec 09 2016, 06:31 AM
also, it would be great if we could move the facilities between farms without loosing any of the productions and not having to put it into the store first to move it and loose everything, thanks

Hi CjBillie

It would be far better to post your idea in the Suggestions section

You can't start a new thread there but you can post a reply to the thread that best fits

Your earlier reply in the suggestions section has been deleted as replying to other members there is not allowed to make sure everyone feels comfortable

supertrucker
Dec 15 2016, 02:32 PM
i'm not sure where to put this one, it's not really a 'game related' query - move it if you want to, capisce? my question involves the 'facebook gameroom' - every time i load a game (no matter which one), it's there on the right side of my screen, "(game) is available on facebook gameroom"... not sure what the 'gameroom' is, or what it's supposed to do, does anyone have any information, helpful or not?

Petuniaflower
Dec 19 2016, 11:49 AM
Each morning and evening ,I go to the Farmtown Wall Request,to work neighbors and friends facilities.
I start from the top down.I have been noticing,after a while,neighbors names are omitted. That bother's me,because I don't know whose I have wiorked and whose I haven't.

Is this something Facebook is doing? And if so ,Why?

Tiger
Dec 19 2016, 11:54 AM
Each morning and evening ,I go to the Farmtown Wall Request,to work neighbors and friends facilities.
I start from the top down.I have been noticing,after a while,neighbors names are omitted. That bother's me,because I don't know whose I have wiorked and whose I haven't.

Is this something Facebook is doing? And if so ,Why?

Hi Petuniaflower,

That information is got from Facebook. It may be that the list just hadn't finished loading the names, as those seem to be the last information to get loaded. You may just need to give it a little more time or reload Wall Requests and try again.

slartismum
Dec 26 2016, 11:54 PM
I tried it and found it useful. It can be made full screen (if a game allows it) and you do not need to be connected to Facebook to play their games. You can click on each game from the home page and return by the arrow on the left. A downside is that there is no contact with friends (cannot send a message etc) although you can still send gifts or request items from inside the game.

Dulcinea
Dec 27 2016, 10:37 AM
What about tabs and ads? I had the previous FB gaming interface, and I removed it because (1) it didn't have tabs and (2) there was no way to remove the ads.