PDA

View Full Version : Closed Feedback Threads

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Flaky Angel
May 24 2014, 09:45 AM
I just found the Non-Ingredients (for me) in the drop down at the store. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the best dropdown ever. I made 4b+ just clearing out my inventory. The only thing I wish for now is a box to check ALL of them. WTG FT developers!:)

WillowTreeFarm
May 24 2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks to all our great mods and helpers. You all do an awesome job to make this a fun game. May I suggest you update the toolbar chapter in the game guide to explain what the arrow is used for. Happy farming!

Taz D
May 24 2014, 09:34 PM
Thanks to all our great mods and helpers. You all do an awesome job to make this a fun game. May I suggest you update the toolbar chapter in the game guide to explain what the arrow is used for. Happy farming!
The Game Guide is in a total rewrite process right now. Just give us a little time to finish it.

anstar
May 25 2014, 12:25 PM
Does that mean the land upgrades will be in order? Since the real estate function requires you to enter from the farm you are curious about, I go to the game guide to see which farm I might have enough coins to upgrade and they're out of order. 1, 2, 3, (I think) 7. It's such a small thing, but it bothers me. <sorry>

Taz D
May 25 2014, 12:39 PM
Does that mean the land upgrades will be in order? Since the real estate function requires you to enter from the farm you are curious about, I go to the game guide to see which farm I might have enough coins to upgrade and they're out of order. 1, 2, 3, (I think) 7. It's such a small thing, but it bothers me. <sorry>
The land upgrades are in order. The first 2 farms are shown different because those are the first ones you have to buy before you can buy any of the others. The rest are shown in order.

BBwolf
May 26 2014, 06:45 PM
That black box in the middle of the screen takes too long, can you move it somewhere so we can type a message to someone, only bothers me on large fishing sites, you get done fishing and can't send a note cause you cant see what you've typed

Fred Bee
May 30 2014, 11:46 AM
If I send my cousin the mobile sprinkler (crops) and he does not have the first mobile sprinkler, will he be able to use the one I send?

Fred Bee, gentleman farmer

Taz D
May 30 2014, 11:51 AM
If I send my cousin the mobile sprinkler (crops) and he does not have the first mobile sprinkler, will he be able to use the one I send?

You will not be able to send it if he does not own the first one.

vonalm
May 31 2014, 12:59 PM
is there an easy way to omit them from selling on the market? or do i really have to go through all non ingredients to select what and what not to sell?

Taz D
May 31 2014, 01:05 PM
is there an easy way to omit them from selling on the market? or do i really have to go through all non ingredients to select what and what not to sell?

Use the new Non-ingredients (for me) filter, check all the boxes except the new tree crops and then you can sell all but those. That is the only way to do it. Once you set those 1 time then they will stay checked and you won't have to do it again.

vonalm
May 31 2014, 01:24 PM
thanks Taz! :)
i didn't know that i've only had to mark everything once. that will save a lot of time and hassle! *i'm lazy* lol

yanafree
Jun 01 2014, 11:50 AM
Her Message: sally: hire me pls! i use the ******** tool from (web site removed)

This person is really annoying.
*You cannot hire her
*You cannot ignore her
*You cannot report her

She pops in, drops that message and pops out a million times a day! Just long enough to drop that message into the Market.

How Annoying!

If Slashkey is the owner of this site and tool they need to put it in out tools for farm cash or get rid of this annoying person.

Taz D
Jun 01 2014, 12:01 PM
Her Message: sally: hire me pls! i use the ******** tool from (web site remove)
This person is really annoying.
*You cannot hire her
*You cannot ignore her
*You cannot report her

She pops in, drops that message and pops out a million times a day! Just long enough to drop that message into the Market.

How Annoying!

If Slashkey is the owner of this site and tool they need to put it in out tools for farm cash or get rid of this annoying person.
Slashkey is not the owner of this tool. They have tried many times to stop this but they use multiple accounts and as soon as one is blocked then another pops up. There isn't anything that Slashkey can do to stop this. You will just have to ignore them.

wlcnyc
Jun 01 2014, 01:05 PM
I have the same problem. It has been off for some time now. It is extremely difficult - close to impossible - to reset manually to get it aligned again.

Eradani
Jun 02 2014, 12:24 AM
Are we looking at the same thing? What dark blue button at the bottom of the page? Are you talking about the Start All or Store All buttons for the last row of facilities? Those don't move the Facility Manager up or down.

the dark blue Start / Store All buttons for each facility are the ones that get lost with the out-of-sync error. each facility in the manager has about 1 or 2 pixels too many rows now and so each page moves those buttons further off the screen.

Bonnie Jo
Jun 02 2014, 12:34 AM
I have this same problem when I'm going through my facilities page by page and it is very annoying. I have the start all tools but there are times I go through them page by page to start just what I want to start.

wlcnyc
Jun 02 2014, 07:32 AM
the dark blue Start / Store All buttons for each facility are the ones that get lost with the out-of-sync error. each facility in the manager has about 1 or 2 pixels too many rows now and so each page moves those buttons further off the screen.

Exactly! Eventually to the point that they are difficult to click on.

slartismum
Jun 04 2014, 02:22 PM
Farm Town how do I love thee?

10 train carriages work all friends' facs in one go
Search in fac manager finds items for me
Farms change colour when worked
Cash for working quests
Eye hides items not needed for a task

That is just off the top of my head. I am sure that I have forgotten loads more.
Thank you developers and also mods. I love this game.

rjohn726
Jun 05 2014, 07:13 AM
In the Facility Manager every day I click on every Dairy Shed, Chicken Coop, etc. that I have to processes those animals. I also after that close those and then go back to the Facility Manager to make sure that I processed it as I could see if some were processed as those always said ready in so many minutes. If so I knew that I processed it, otherwise I would click again as I missed it before. That insured that all were processed.

Today I couldn’t do that, as over 80% were still empty and showed nothing. Therefore if I clicked on it, I got the message ‘no animals to process’. There were no messages of ‘ready in xx hours’. Therefore I thought I didn’t process it before, however, as I always would have done, I clicked on it again anyway as that is the only way I insure that I process everything.

I would like that to return in that Facility to the way it was yesterday, when I can check everything, Thanks

marymarcel
Jun 05 2014, 07:18 AM
In the Facility Manager every day I click on every Dairy Shed, Chicken Coop, etc. that I have to processes those animals. I also after that close those and then go back to the Facility Manager to make sure that I processed it as I could see if some were processed as those always said ready in so many minutes. If so I knew that I processed it, otherwise I would click again as I missed it before. That insured that all were processed.

Today I couldn’t do that, as over 80% were still empty and showed nothing. Therefore if I clicked on it, I got the message ‘no animals to process’. There were no messages of ‘ready in xx hours’. Therefore I thought I didn’t process it before, however, as I always would have done, I clicked on it again anyway as that is the only way I insure that I process everything.

I would like that to return in that Facility to the way it was yesterday, when I can check everything, Thanks

Hi!

We have an open thread about this in H&S in the following link

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599358

Could you please post there and give the information about your farm link and your WFnumber?

geneseib
Jun 05 2014, 02:24 PM
I'm a farm boy and love everything about Farmtown. Have noticed though that the Farm Building Factory is quite an Oak Lumber hog. I added two new sawmills and still not keeping up.

vonalm
Jun 05 2014, 03:36 PM
i can't sell on the market because this message won't go away....

marymarcel
Jun 05 2014, 04:08 PM
i can't sell on the market because this message won't go away....

Hi!

Try the memcache link in my signature where it says AQUI to clear the game memory. You'll see a list of unsettings, close that window and the farm if it is open. Then clear your browser cache and close it. Reopen and try again.

lollipopthebunny
Jun 05 2014, 04:14 PM
It would be nice if the developers could post something on Facebook to show on our HOME page a day ahead of when they are going to do a Maintenance an if possible the amount of time it would be down to players.

Luckily today I had stuff ready but it was long term stuff so was still good when I was able to get back in again!

There are times I do plant 8 hr or 12 hr stuff the night before an so the 8 hr would have been bad by the time it came back up again.

PLEASE CONSIDER DOING THIS! Thanks

KnightRider
Jun 05 2014, 04:16 PM
It would be nice if the developers could post something on Facebook to show on our HOME page a day ahead of when they are going to do a Maintenance an if possible the amount of time it would be down to players.

Luckily today I had stuff ready but it was long term stuff so was still good when I was able to get back in again!

There are times I do plant 8 hr or 12 hr stuff the night before an so the 8 hr would have been bad by the time it came back up again.

PLEASE CONSIDER DOING THIS! Thanks

The only way the developers could post on Facebook is if the developers was friends with everyone that plays Farm Town.

lollipopthebunny
Jun 05 2014, 04:18 PM
The only way the developers could post on Facebook is if the developers was friends with everyone that plays Farm Town.
How were they able to post the 'updates' on FB a long time ago then??? I used to get them on my home page an even in email an then they quit doing it.

THEY could do a 'generic' Farm Town Maintenance alert post! Like Zynga does with their games.

Rob T
Jun 05 2014, 04:21 PM
It was an unscheduled maintenance, they had to shut down without notice before the glitch with the animals made things worse. Normally, you may have got notice.

thehufarm
Jun 05 2014, 06:50 PM
Don't the developers use their page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Farm-Town/314745418566392, to notify users? If someone joins/likes this page, they will see it on their news feed.

Taz D
Jun 05 2014, 07:31 PM
Don't the developers use their page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Farm-Town/314745418566392, to notify users? If someone joins/likes this page, they will see it on their news feed.
As has already been stated this was an unscheduled maintenance, so there wasn't any way for them to notify anyone before it happened.

kondor
Jun 05 2014, 09:56 PM
Aren't animals and buildings one of the very first and fundamental elements of the game? Part of me hopes they accidentally broke it by changing stables to be coin purchase instead of FC, but somehow, I don't think that's the case.

I like the message in red text as the game loads and think that would suffice as an area to announce future, planned maintenance. A newsfeed message is probably going to be missed, as rarely as they notify us.

Snookie Sue
Jun 06 2014, 08:13 AM
I seem to be having problems with watering & tree maturity times now. Anyone else sensing this? My super animal sheds lost still have no animals - of course the ones I paid hard cash for would be the ones still effected :(

Rob T
Jun 06 2014, 08:16 AM
I seem to be having problems with watering & tree maturity times now. Anyone else sensing this? My super animal sheds lost still have no animals - of course the ones I paid hard cash for would be the ones still effected :(

Many people were effected, but will take a few days for everyone to be restored.

mac16129
Jun 06 2014, 09:50 AM
complain, complain, complain....get a life!

vonalm
Jun 06 2014, 12:32 PM
thanks for the help :)

lollipopthebunny
Jun 06 2014, 12:35 PM
It was an unscheduled maintenance, they had to shut down without notice before the glitch with the animals made things worse. Normally, you may have got notice.
Where are the notices sent? On our wall on FB? or ??? I have the FT page checked to 'follow' but not sure that will make a notice show up on my home page an I never go to that page to look at anything.

Thanks for responding!

marymarcel
Jun 06 2014, 12:37 PM
thanks for the help :)

You're welcome:)

Taz D
Jun 06 2014, 12:38 PM
Where are the notices sent? On our wall on FB? or ??? I have the FT page checked to 'follow' but not sure that will make a notice show up on my home page an I never go to that page to look at anything.

Thanks for responding!
If they are going to do scheduled maintenance which requires taking the servers down, which is very rare, there will be a message above you farm like there is today about the animals. That way anyone who opens their farm will see it.

dmccrack2000
Jun 06 2014, 08:53 PM
Starting this afternoon, my trees don' fade when I want to chop, they all stay there. Same with flowers; nothing fades out so it is very hard to see each individual type for harvesting and chopping. Does this have something to do with the maintenance?

KnightRider
Jun 06 2014, 09:06 PM
Starting this afternoon, my trees don' fade when I want to chop, they all stay there. Same with flowers; nothing fades out so it is very hard to see each individual type for harvesting and chopping. Does this have something to do with the maintenance?

Down in the right corner you can click through the eye to get to either hidden , dimmed or nothing. I believe the eye open it does nothing, half open it dims and fully closed it hides everything. You can also check the wrench in the preference bar and make sure that the eye is checked.

Taz D
Jun 06 2014, 09:07 PM
No it doesn't have anything to do with the maintenance. The maintenance was yesterday morning.
Look in the lower right corner when you have the tool in your hand. There is an eye there. If the eye is wide open then nothing gets hidden. Click it once and it will go to dim out and click it again it will go to hidden. That is how you set the dimout to make things fade or be hidden all together.

kondor
Jun 06 2014, 09:10 PM
complain, complain, complain....get a life!

*phew* glad you don't run this game.

firegold flames
Jun 06 2014, 09:52 PM
In terms, i agree with lollipopbunny , As you said

"It would be nice if the developers could post something on Facebook to show on our HOME page a day ahead of when they are going to do a Maintenance an if possible the amount of time it would be down to players."

But i think FT developer should published it in their FT Fanpage regardless of scheduled or unscheduled . If the maintenance is last minute , they should still post it on their FT page as i mentioned in my first word

Taz D
Jun 06 2014, 10:23 PM
In terms, i agree with lollipopbunny , As you said

"It would be nice if the developers could post something on Facebook to show on our HOME page a day ahead of when they are going to do a Maintenance an if possible the amount of time it would be down to players."

But i think FT developer should published it in their FT Fanpage regardless of scheduled or unscheduled . If the maintenance is last minute , they should still post it on their FT page as i mentioned in my first word
They post it at the top of the farm page when it is is scheduled maintenance. When it is unschedule and crashes there isn't any way for them to give you advance notice.
I am closing this thread as the subject has been thoroughly discussed.

dnana
Jun 08 2014, 03:41 PM
I had not noticed that, thanks for the tip. :)

dnana
Jun 08 2014, 03:46 PM
The way I speed that stupid box up is like go ahead and harvest the different things (like one of each that's on the farm) then you click and shift the farm, so the farm goes "invisible", but don't let go of the click... this lets the black box register all the different items REALLY fast (well faster than if you sit and stare) then once it's 100% loaded thing you can go about your work no problem :)

This works great, thanks for the tip! I read it when you first posted and have been using it since, much better!! :)

dnana
Jun 08 2014, 03:52 PM
I'm constantly amazed that I'm still learning this game after 5 years, and the best stuff comes from the mods and helpers. Lots of jaw-dropping, game-changing, moments, people, thank you very much!!

whosyou?
Jun 08 2014, 11:41 PM
have you tried going offline?I never get that box unless someone else is on my farm working.When I go offline,it stops.Might work.

Qivis
Jun 09 2014, 07:55 AM
That black box in the middle of the screen takes too long, can you move it somewhere so we can type a message to someone, only bothers me on large fishing sites, you get done fishing and can't send a note cause you cant see what you've typed

Click 1 body of water of each type and then wait a moment for each fish to load. I find this works better than going through all the fish quickly.

And when it comes to crops, it's best to harvest 10 or so of each kind on a farm and then wait for each to load instead of harvesting everything quickly. The max sized tool at the moment harvests 100 fields at a time, but if you just click on the edge of the farm it gets 10 and the 10 are enough to tell the server what you're getting.

Eradani
Jun 09 2014, 10:03 AM
i don't know anyone that would make a chicken coop out of new oak lumber, they'd rip up an old pallet like the ones made for the post office. too bad those are made out of pine, lol

KnightRider
Jun 09 2014, 11:23 AM
i don't know anyone that would make a chicken coop out of new oak lumber, they'd rip up an old pallet like the ones made for the post office. too bad those are made out of pine, lol

If the Farm Buildings factory made them out of old pallets I doubt if they would sell any. If I went to buy a coop and one was made from new lumber and the other was made out of old lumber, I would buy the new coop that would last. That is why all of my factories always uses new or fresh ingredients for quality (not quantity) products.

yanafree
Jun 09 2014, 11:40 AM
Every player with more than one or two farms one should be able to use this. I have been playing this game for many years, am at the highest level and have 21 farms so far.

It says I must expand 9 farms to 32x32 before I can use this to see what crops are ready without having to visit all 24 farms. If land weren't so expensive maybe we could expand those farms to the maximum size. It use to be easier to expand farms but now its crazy. Billions?? Its a game people. :(

This is so unfair to give us the ability to make the game easier and less time consuming.

Everyone deserves the right to use the Farm Stats without any restrictions.

whosyou?
Jun 09 2014, 12:07 PM
Every player with more than one or two farms one should be able to use this. I have been playing this game for many years, am at the highest level and have 21 farms so far.

It says I must expand 9 farms to 32x32 before I can use this to see what crops are ready without having to visit all 24 farms. If land weren't so expensive maybe we could expand those farms to the maximum size. It use to be easier to expand farms but now its crazy. Billions?? Its a game people. :(

This is so unfair to give us the ability to make the game easier and less time consuming.

Everyone deserves the right to use the Farm Stats without any restrictions.
Sorry...but the insta-win button is not going to happen.Like most things...this is a goal,something to get by putting in time into the game and playing smart.Coins are free,all we need do is make our farms as productive as possible to gain as much coins as we can.2-5 active neighbors and posting your own facs. 1 time a week can easily net over 2 billion coins...and that is without owning all the FC ones.Expanding farms is not hard,nor is the price crazy.If it were,many would not have done so.

Eradani
Jun 09 2014, 09:29 PM
lol ok. i'm forgetting this is a "store" and not someone making a chicken coop for themselves.

Eradani
Jun 09 2014, 09:32 PM
i've still got 20 billion to go to get all 20 farms to 24x, nevermind getting any to 32x. soooo, i made a little 4x5 plowed area on my main farm and whenever i plant something on a farm, i plant the corresponding plot so i can tell when it's going to be done. i tend to mono-crop so it makes it a little easier.

Dulcinea
Jun 09 2014, 09:39 PM
It isn't a right. It's an option of the game developers have chosen, to make this convenience available only to select players. But I completely agree with you otherwise. :) I could really use this, too, and I will NEVER have nine farms expanded to 32x32. It's not even a goal for me. It's simply an impossibility.

Taz D
Jun 09 2014, 10:22 PM
lol ok. i'm forgetting this is a "store" and not someone making a chicken coop for themselves.
This is a chicken coop for the more affluent customer..:D

bliky
Jun 10 2014, 10:37 AM
You can go through each farm individually and all from sitting on one farm without having to upgrade the farms to 32x32. The only thing you can't do without expanding is to look at all farms at once.

I'm just a player here Taz D, but when I try to look at my farm stats for another farm it presents me with this message: "You need to expand more farms to see stats for farms other than the current farm, below are the rules:"

Fred Bee
Jun 10 2014, 02:35 PM
Ok, I tried to use farm stats and found out that to get what I want to see I need a TON of 32x32 farms. It ain't going to happen for me or my close pals. I play, my cousin plays, and a good friend plays.

I've talked to them and my cousin is just starting, lol he will probably never get to the highest rank as it takes a beginner with NO REAL MONEY to invest in the game forever to just get tools, let alone the cool factories that make good coin. My good friend plays and she is at level 525, but only because she spent REAL MONEY to buy things. She says she won't be bothered with that much expansion, as it would take her forever to get all her farms to 32x32. As it is she has so much in stock she said "My only challenge is to do the quests." She asked what is the point of the stats if only a few people can use them.

Why make something that could really help players totally out of reach?

Fred Bee
Jun 10 2014, 02:39 PM
One more thing, it is not like I just started playing and am saying boo hoo, I am new and need to have everything today...I've been on FT since March 2009

Eradani
Jun 10 2014, 03:05 PM
i think it would be cool if there was some "info reward" thing for getting 20 farms to 24x24. i think i've only got 4 or 5 left. last i checked i only needed another 20 billion coins, haha. but i will get that goal done sometime this century.

Queen.of.Clutter
Jun 10 2014, 03:13 PM
Sorry...but the insta-win button is not going to happen.Like most things...this is a goal,something to get by putting in time into the game and playing smart.Coins are free,all we need do is make our farms as productive as possible to gain as much coins as we can.2-5 active neighbors and posting your own facs. 1 time a week can easily net over 2 billion coins...and that is without owning all the FC ones.Expanding farms is not hard,nor is the price crazy.If it were,many would not have done so.

Ha Ha ! Love it! Well said. I don't play like I used to ... too time consuming, but I managed to increase the 10 farms needed to view all .... didn't really take that long either. Work other people's facilities, get your bonuses, post your own, and before you know it, you have the coin to do that. I could expand maybe two more, but am saving my coin for Farm 23 ....

Eradani
Jun 10 2014, 03:22 PM
This is a chicken coop for the more affluent customer..:D

wait... affluent customers have chicken coops? hehe

Taz D
Jun 10 2014, 03:42 PM
wait... affluent customers have chicken coops? hehe
Of course...the Beverly Hillbillies...:rolleyes::D

beverduster
Jun 10 2014, 04:12 PM
ya'alls can have al the chicken you want, i no what the eat in the barn yard

Eradani
Jun 10 2014, 11:32 PM
Of course...the Beverly Hillbillies...:rolleyes::D

*looks around for a Like button*

sylvie48uk
Jun 11 2014, 04:57 AM
Sorry if there's already a thread for this, but I couldn't find one.
I've found that with all the new factories being added that I keep running out of lumber, particularly oak. I have 3 different trains, each with a lumber car and I now have 4 sawmills but it seems that it's going to produce nowhere near enough. Could the sawmill output possibly be adjusted to accommodate the increased factory needs?
Seriously, nobody should have to buy extra sawmills and train cars when there are other things that are needed more urgently, like tools.
Maybe the 'basic' factory output could be looked at generally? Things like metal mill, sawmill, mines etc etc? Plus - nobody really wants the same facilities on every farm purely from an aesthetic point of view.
I don't post here much because generally I don't find many problems that I can't solve myself, but this one does seem to be a growing problem within the bigger picture and merits some attention I feel.

Queen.of.Clutter
Jun 11 2014, 08:58 AM
I have the same problem with Oak Lumber - also Polyester Fiber. I have 4 train cars carrying it, and 15 Sawmills .... *sigh* ....
If you ask for Ingredients for a Swing (from the Furniture Factory) YOU will get 48 Oak Lumber Piles - your helper gets 24. It's a good ingredient request.
The Chicken Coop (from the Farm Buildings Factory) gives YOU 48 piles, plus 48 Red Ink & 24 Aluminum Sheets - your helper would get half.

L.A.Bob
Jun 11 2014, 07:26 PM
I have to agree I cannot keep up with the oak lumber demands. I have 9 sawmills and 4 trains with lumber cars. I pride myself on keep all facilities at maximum capacity and I have only one of each production facility that uses the Oak lumber. I have my facilities clustered on 9 farms so that people working them only have to visit as few as possible to make it convenient for them. I do not want to be put in the position of adding sawmills to each of the other farms as that would make the sawmill the only facility on those farms

sylvie48uk
Jun 12 2014, 03:52 AM
Following on and keeping a careful record I've discovered that even with 3 trains, a sawmill on every farm, working everyone's facilities like crazy and grabbing bonuses and ingredients where I can I would still have a shortfall of 183 lumber piles per day - and I don't by any means have all of the facilities available in the store, if I had then it would be even worse!
Please devs, we love the game, but it would be nice to have the output of the basic facilities increased when a new facility is introduced. It makes it really hard work having to spent hours scraping around for basic ingredients.

sylvie48uk
Jun 12 2014, 04:59 AM
and following from that another observation which would seriously affect someone relatively new to the game with few farms and facilities:
Total output per day from one sawmill = 48 oak lumber piles
Total requirement per day from the farm buildings factory = 216 oak lumber piles per day
Errmmmm....slight problem I think!
For the moment I've stopped my factory from producing the horse stall, tool shed and chicken coop, it's too impossible to keep up!

Taz D
Jun 12 2014, 09:57 AM
Following on and keeping a careful record I've discovered that even with 3 trains, a sawmill on every farm, working everyone's facilities like crazy and grabbing bonuses and ingredients where I can I would still have a shortfall of 183 lumber piles per day - and I don't by any means have all of the facilities available in the store, if I had then it would be even worse!
Please devs, we love the game, but it would be nice to have the output of the basic facilities increased when a new facility is introduced. It makes it really hard work having to spent hours scraping around for basic ingredients.

and following from that another observation which would seriously affect someone relatively new to the game with few farms and facilities:
Total output per day from one sawmill = 48 oak lumber piles
Total requirement per day from the farm buildings factory = 216 oak lumber piles per day
Errmmmm....slight problem I think!
For the moment I've stopped my factory from producing the horse stall, tool shed and chicken coop, it's too impossible to keep up!
The output from the sawmills can be increased if you post your facilities for others to work. I am keeping up with only 6 sawmills plus 3 trains and posting work once a day. It can be done but you have to post to allow your neighbors and friends to help produce faster.

sylvie48uk
Jun 12 2014, 11:03 AM
I thought that Taz, but the farm buildings factory eats it up faster than it gets produced and when I post my facilities that factory gets worked too! For now I've had to stop production in the farm buildings factory altogether until it gets sorted. It's a pity, but I can't keep up.

Grammy 11
Jun 12 2014, 01:35 PM
My shortfalls tend to be teak and pine. Problem pretty well solved by putting all facilities requiring logs ahead of the sawmills; I seem to have plenty of lumber, it's the logs that go.

I did the same with eggs, but am not doing as well, still tinkering with order of facilities.

Thanks for idea of daily posting. A neighbor of mine seems to post all saw mills and very few other facs. Would there be a way to Start All of one facility without unclicking through everything, then replacing the clicks?

Taz D
Jun 12 2014, 01:42 PM
My shortfalls tend to be teak and pine. Problem pretty well solved by putting all facilities requiring logs ahead of the sawmills; I seem to have plenty of lumber, it's the logs that go.

I did the same with eggs, but am not doing as well, still tinkering with order of facilities.

Thanks for idea of daily posting. A neighbor of mine seems to post all saw mills and very few other facs. Would there be a way to Start All of one facility without unclicking through everything, then replacing the clicks?
There isn't any way to do that other than clicking start all on each facility that you want to start.

Grace de Man
Jun 16 2014, 02:56 AM
I'm also very unhappy about the stats situation, also on the highest level. I have kept all my farms at 24x24 because that is what my computer can load comfortably without crashing and that I feel I can farm. I have also stopped buying farms when I bought farm 20 (because the last 4 farms are completely naked!). This is a personal limitation which has nothing to do with coins or resources. It is just that, as with all business decisions, I feel that one should only expand when one needs to due to business growth.

One of the reasons that I love FT is because it teaches very sound business sense. One needs to plant X amount of crops to fill Y facility to keep Z service shop supplied with enough stock to provide the customers with goods and so earn enough coins, etc. to keep doing this and (if it were the real world) supply you with a tidy bank balance to support your family and life style.

Now why would I expand my farms to 34x34 if I am managing to do this very comfortably on 24x24?

Unfortunately, most of the expansion will mean that I need to buy a new, more powerful computer with lots of RAM memory, which is not going to happen.

So I guess, the moral of the story is that I will NEVER be able to use the stats!!!

koakes
Jun 16 2014, 12:28 PM

I agree, please increase output of the basic facilities when a new facility is introduced. It makes it really hard work having to spent hours scraping around for basic ingredients. Right now I have a hard time getting oak lumber and green petro barrels! Help!!!!

beverduster
Jun 16 2014, 01:03 PM
sometimes you have to plant more to get more, but it would be nice if the would up the out put, when i strt running out of lumber & i cant keep my saw mills running a full production, i plant more, dont like too , but i have too

Fred Bee
Jun 16 2014, 04:11 PM
When I ask someone to join me on my farm, I may or may not get a response. If the person is busy working on another farm, they most often click on the "Sorry I am busy" response or may close the message. However, when this happens nothing is sent to me, so I don't know if they got the message, are away from the game, or are working.
Why not have a response sent to the sender when they click out or click on the "Sorry I am busy" so we are not waiting around for 5 minutes for them to show up. If nothing comes within a minute or two we would know they are busy or away.

KnightRider
Jun 16 2014, 04:46 PM
When I ask someone to join me on my farm, I may or may not get a response. If the person is busy working on another farm, they most often click on the "Sorry I am busy" response or may close the message. However, when this happens nothing is sent to me, so I don't know if they got the message, are away from the game, or are working.
Why not have a response sent to the sender when they click out or click on the "Sorry I am busy" so we are not waiting around for 5 minutes for them to show up. If nothing comes within a minute or two we would know they are busy or away.

It would be best if you put your suggestion in the suggestion section so the developers can see your suggestion, you can't start a new thread, this way they can keep the suggestion section easier to read, but you can put it in the thread that is closest to what you are suggesting and if you don't see one that is close, you can put it in the thread My idea doesn't have a thread.

Fred Bee
Jun 16 2014, 07:44 PM
I will do so, did not see it as a suggestion, more as a problem

KnightRider
Jun 16 2014, 07:53 PM
I will do so, did not see it as a suggestion, more as a problem

You would like the notifications added to the game, which makes it a suggestion.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Jun 19 2014, 06:31 AM
I don't know what is happening with Facebook (I know this is NOT a FB forum), but are others having issues with connecting to FB right now? I keep getting locked out of my FB home page. I keep getting the message that that page is currently not available. I've poked around the web on other sites today and it seems to be only FB. This started happening around 3 AM EST, and continues through 7:30 AM EST. Are they doing a major repair or update?

Taz D
Jun 19 2014, 08:54 AM
I don't know what is happening with Facebook (I know this is NOT a FB forum), but are others having issues with connecting to FB right now? I keep getting locked out of my FB home page. I keep getting the message that that page is currently not available. I've poked around the web on other sites today and it seems to be only FB. This started happening around 3 AM EST, and continues through 7:30 AM EST. Are they doing a major repair or update?
Since this isn't Facebook there isn't any way to answer your questions.

dorissau
Jun 20 2014, 04:50 PM
I know there is probably a perfectly good reason, but why in the world do I have to click "let's get going" TWICE when I go to work a neighbor's factories??? Frankly, it's a pain in my train. !!! Just saying!

Taz D
Jun 20 2014, 05:06 PM
I know there is probably a perfectly good reason, but why in the world do I have to click "let's get going" TWICE when I go to work a neighbor's factories??? Frankly, it's a pain in my train. !!! Just saying!
If you wish to make a suggestion, please put it in the Suggestions section where it will be better seen by the developers. You cannot start a new thread there but you can reply to an existing one that fits your subject.

Farmer Tony
Jun 21 2014, 06:58 AM
Keep it the way it is. It makes it more "real". Sometimes supplies run low and you need to "manage" your production. Apply the raw materials to the right products to maximize profits. Or lay off a finished goods factory for a week or two to allow supplies to build back up. Work it like you would in the real world.

whosyou?
Jun 21 2014, 07:19 AM
Keep it the way it is. It makes it more "real". Sometimes supplies run low and you need to "manage" your production. Apply the raw materials to the right products to maximize profits. Or lay off a finished goods factory for a week or two to allow supplies to build back up. Work it like you would in the real world.

Exactly...making the game easier makes the game boring.I want to be challenged,even slightly.If they make it so you can click 3 clicks and not worry about managing,what is the point?

dorissau
Jun 21 2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks.. I don't think it was a "suggestion".. it was only a comment, or maybe even a question. Sometimes I do make suggestions and the devs always seem to come up with an even better take on a seed of an idea.

koakes
Jun 21 2014, 09:56 AM
Why play a game, if you want to be in the real world, games are escapes from the real world! Don't want to have to worry with real world problems while I play a game!!

Jilly Dare
Jun 22 2014, 07:05 AM
How do I know what goods I can sell anymore, the whole "non-ingredients (to me)"thing has got so confusing I no longer know where I am! :confused:

marymarcel
Jun 22 2014, 07:28 AM
How do I know what goods I can sell anymore, the whole "non-ingredients (to me)"thing has got so confusing I no longer know where I am! :confused:

Hi!

You have two options in the filter, Non Ingredients and No Ingredients (to me). In the Non Ingredients option you can sell all that shows up because those ingredients are not used in a factory or service.

In Non Ingredients (to me) option, you can see the ingredients that are used in other facilities or services but you dont have them at this moment. So if you dont have all facilities but you are thinking about purchasing some new ones, you need to check the ingredients listed and uncheck those you think are going to be used in the future. For example, in May Release we got some new trees, they have no use up now, but we were told they could be used in some factories in a future. So I have the products from those trees unchecked from the list to not sell them by mistake.:)

LazyMare
Jun 24 2014, 02:37 AM
Just a big thank you to the Devs and the maintenance team for bringing the game back so quickly. :D

iceberg
Jun 24 2014, 12:27 PM
Well they began their maintenance by cutting me off from the 20 farms of work I got, and was half way through, and it was wheat which I badly needed, and I had only limited time as I had to go to work so NO TKS from me DEVS.

whosyou?
Jun 24 2014, 01:59 PM
Well they began their maintenance by cutting me off from the 20 farms of work I got, and was half way through, and it was wheat which I badly needed, and I had only limited time as I had to go to work so NO TKS from me DEVS.

They announced hours beforehand that the maintenance would happen.Are they supposed to stop because you didn't read it,and it would be bad for you?

Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan
Jun 25 2014, 09:42 AM
Could we maybe in the future have a stat button for missed farms we have not sowed yet?:)

marymarcel
Jun 25 2014, 10:00 AM
Could we maybe in the future have a stat button for missed farms we have not sowed yet?:)

Hi!

You need to post your suggestion in the Suggetion Forum to let the developers read it.

You can not open a new thread but you can post as a response to the open one which suits with your suggestion:)

Dulcinea
Jun 25 2014, 06:52 PM
I don't play like I used to ... too time consuming....

Thank you. You've hit the nail on the head. This game is time consuming. I would have to increase five farms to 26x26 to use just the view all feature for fishing. I checked the lowest price of upgrading just one of my 24x24 farms, and it's 5,000,000,000 coins. I've been playing this game on and off since it was first introduced, and I've NEVER had 1,000,000,000 at one time, much less five times that, and we're talking about someone who's played all day, everyday for a week at a time before she threw up her mouse-sore fingers in frustration.

I'm not complaining. There are plenty of other wonderful features everyone can enjoy without playing until their arm falls off and their children are crying because they haven't seen Mommy in a week. (I would hazard to guess I'm not alone and most FT players have a life outside FB.) It's just that this is such a basic feature and making it so impossible to get doesn't encourage some of us to play more. It simply frustrates us to the point where we close the game and go on to different one that doesn't want us body and soul just to use a simple feature that should be available for free to any player who needs it.

(I'm only bringing this up again because I noticed this feature was included in the recent New Release. I also second what Grace de Man said about the game running slower as our farms get bigger. I've had to eliminate most of my facilities because I can't get through all of them without the game crashing on me. But that's a different issue.)

Ally-Kat
Jun 26 2014, 02:16 PM
:( Goodness, this game does demand a lot of Farm Cash, just to do some of the basics!

How can a newcomer manage to advance, when tools for harvesting, plowing and seeding cannot be bought for coins, beyond the tiny 3x3's? :eek:

I would be delighted to have the 5x5 combine harvest-plow-plant, but the prerequisites to that one tool are the 4x4 harvester, 4x4 seeder and 4x4 plow, at 45 FC a piece! And then I have to get the 5x5 of each of those, at 30 FC a piece!! THEN I need to buy the 5x5 combine harvest-plow at 35 FC before I finally get that 5x5 combine harvest-plant, for an additional 45 FC!! :confused:

And if I ever wish to chop more than 3x3 trees, we have to do all of that again. Same for shaking trees...and harvesting flowers....and fishing....

Now, someone is going to attack me for saying "have to", so let's do a pre-emptive on that : I know, no one is "making" me buy anything. However, for those who have reached Level 525, and who have 100's of millions of XP's, and who knows how many coins, please tell me : are you all still using the 3x3 tools that coins buy? I have been to the marketplace, looking to work, to make some coins, earn some XP's and level up. It's hard, very hard. Some will not allow me to use their tools or fuel, but they hire me to do these fields that have many times more the crop than my farm the same size could ever plant! And there are farms that are just filled entirely with trees. How does one do these jobs with 3x3 tools...other than incredibly slowly, and with extreme carpal tunnel. :( It's very discouraging and overwhelming. Any tips or strategies, to keep a person interested in moving on up??

Eradani
Jun 26 2014, 03:51 PM
i feel for you. 185 FC for your first combine. tips - get lots of fuel from working neighbors facilities and bonuses or, if you think you can spare the 32 FC, get an oil refinery. you don't really get much at first but the bonuses will help lots if people help you with that.

set your status to "Your tools - 1 million fuel" and leave any job that doesn't let you borrow their tools.

i wish they'd put down the price on the beginner tools. they're all still the same even though they were released 5ish years ago. there's so much more that a person could spend FC on if these tools were cheaper that i don't think anyone who hasn't been playing from the start will ever run out of things to buy.

whosyou?
Jun 26 2014, 08:43 PM
Been playing since the start..still use the 3x3 for plowing,seeding,and harvesting.In reality,the big tools may save someone 2 mins per farm...or you could hire someone else to do it...FC is not required..it is simply a luxury.Kind of like getting HBO with your cable instead of the basics.

Deanna J. Lloyd
Jun 26 2014, 09:58 PM
You can never tell when you're hired in the MP what sort of farms you're going to encounter, although some farmers will tell you they have layered farms. The more a player has crammed onto their farm, the slower it is to load, BUT you can very easily speed up the loading process. Before you even go into the MP, turn off EVERYTHING and click on your eye so it's closed. You NEVER need to see buildings or decorations. If you're hired to harvest flowers and/or trees, they load faster AFTER you've landed on the farm. Turn trees on, harvest them, then turn them off. Do the same with flowers.

You can't control how other people farm, but you can make life easier for yourself. If you hang out in the MP a lot to get work but don't like layers, make that part of your name, i.e., Anna Banana (no layers pls). Now that you can use your employer's tools, doing layers is a lot easier, and you can get some practice before you 'invest' in your own tools. (it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Slash Key didn't implement this new feature just to show you how much faster you can work your farms with the bigger tools!)

There are as many different ways to play Farm Town as there are players! The gamut runs from people who plow their fields w/o removing the space between fields and scatter trees and flowers singly or in clusters without regard for how much time and energy it takes to harvest them that way. They wouldn't think of putting anything on top of something else, much less hanging a building off the edge of the farm. Working their farms poses its own challenges. At the other extreme are those who want to max out their income and XPs and think nothing of stacking a field, a flower, a tree, and a facility all on the same 1x1 square. It isn't pretty, and working their farms isn't easy either. If you know the tricks (and you can find out how to do them on You Tube), you can layer everything (including water features) except buildings. To stack buildings (or hang them off the edge of your farm), you do need the green hand, which Slash Key is more than happy to sell you for something like 55 Farm Cash (after you've bought the orange hand which also costs about 55 Farm Cash).

Farm Town has changed dramatically from the game I started with. Back then, there was only one farm that I think maxed out at 18x18 or maybe 20x20. Everything was done one field at a time -- plow, plant, harvest, repeat -- and the only thing you could do with your crops was sell them in the Market Place. Animals, buildings, flowers, trees, water features -- they were all just decorations. The only tools we had were the hoe, scythe, seed bag, and watering can. No fertilizing, no special sprinklers, no belts or dans, and certainly no facilities! If you wanted to level up, you hired your neighbors so they would (hopefully) hire you and you hung out in the Market Place every chance you got. Of course, the top level was somewhere in the 40s, but that was then. You can still play Farm Town that way if you want, and there's something to be said for playing laid back. It's cheaper and much less stressful!

Make no mistake -- Farm Town is a money-making business as far as Slash Key is concerned, but it's your choice whether or not you shell out real cash to buy Farm Cash to buy all of those tools, facilities, and bigger and bigger farms. So have a little fun while you farm -- like I did with this farm: Grandma's Quilt Squares!

http://https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201518429277439&set=a.1103806050190.14620.1677904720&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xpf1%2Ft31.0-8%2F10355683_10201518429277439_5631980814724460324 _o.jpg&smallsrc=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xpa1%2Ft1.0-9%2F10441109_10201518429277439_5631980814724460324 _n.jpg&size=1383%2C773

bluehair
Jun 27 2014, 06:45 AM
I basically let anyone I hire use my tools I have the 25 by 25 combine so those who dont have it are really thankful as it means they can get the job done a lot faster.

ok lets say having the bigger tools does save someone 2 minutes per farm for the 23 farms I have that is 46 minutes that is quite a lot of time although I suspect it would be a lot more?

it takes me approx 20 minutes to do my 23 farms (granted only 9 of those are 34 by 34 and most are 18 and 20) imagine adding on another 46 minutes that is over an hour!!

beverduster
Jun 27 2014, 07:22 AM
where did you get the super sized 25X combine at, i want one too

bluehair
Jun 27 2014, 08:09 AM
where did you get the super sized 25X combine at, i want one too

oops is the 10 by 10 that I have

Queen.of.Clutter
Jun 27 2014, 04:36 PM
:( Goodness, this game does demand a lot of Farm Cash, just to do some of the basics!

How can a newcomer manage to advance, when tools for harvesting, plowing and seeding cannot be bought for coins, beyond the tiny 3x3's? :eek:

I would be delighted to have the 5x5 combine harvest-plow-plant, but the prerequisites to that one tool are the 4x4 harvester, 4x4 seeder and 4x4 plow, at 45 FC a piece! And then I have to get the 5x5 of each of those, at 30 FC a piece!! THEN I need to buy the 5x5 combine harvest-plow at 35 FC before I finally get that 5x5 combine harvest-plant, for an additional 45 FC!! :confused:

And if I ever wish to chop more than 3x3 trees, we have to do all of that again. Same for shaking trees...and harvesting flowers....and fishing....

Now, someone is going to attack me for saying "have to", so let's do a pre-emptive on that : I know, no one is "making" me buy anything. However, for those who have reached Level 525, and who have 100's of millions of XP's, and who knows how many coins, please tell me : are you all still using the 3x3 tools that coins buy? I have been to the marketplace, looking to work, to make some coins, earn some XP's and level up. It's hard, very hard. Some will not allow me to use their tools or fuel, but they hire me to do these fields that have many times more the crop than my farm the same size could ever plant! And there are farms that are just filled entirely with trees. How does one do these jobs with 3x3 tools...other than incredibly slowly, and with extreme carpal tunnel. :( It's very discouraging and overwhelming. Any tips or strategies, to keep a person interested in moving on up??

If you want, please send me a private message. You can add me as a friend. I have all the big tools and always let the workers use them. I try to post facilities as often as I can, but only to certain players. I change them up also. I like to try to help people get ahead, I have sent FC tools to players trying to get ahead, but only if there are serious about playing the game. If not, then why waste FC on someone who is only going to play once a week for a month then quit? Ya know?? I am off to work now, but will check when I get home (3:30 am EST). If you want to find me on Facebook, my name is Dawn Bolinsky, and my profile pic is of a big shoe display decoupage'd in International Flags ...

JackonLI
Jun 27 2014, 04:37 PM
When you see people with thos large tools, they purchased them for FC. It took them a long time to aquire them, but their money helped the developers improve the game and add farms, new tools, etc. Actually when you think of it there should be a button (free of course) that when pushed gives you everything available. It's a game. The longer it takes, the better you get and the more time you can spend playing it. Look for other begginers and help each other. Chat with people and see what tools they suggest you get first. This started out as a relaxing fun game. It is turning into a rat race compitition.

notaparagod
Jun 27 2014, 10:18 PM
I have a friend who is on level 190. She hasn't spent a dime of real money. She has an 8x8 seeder and other 3x3 tools. She owns all of the coin facilities that she can buy at her current level. She has only been playing since April. You CAN do it without spending money if you choose to.

skyrange
Jun 27 2014, 11:33 PM
I've played on and off for several years. For fun. Yes, it can be addicting. I took about a 6 month leave of absence but I am back. I am at level 459 or something, give or take a level. I have 21 farms, and most, but not all, are 24x24. I've not spent any money on the game, but I did buy a promo item once that gained some FC. Other than that, I've just enjoyed the ride, played the game, and had fun along the way. It can seem daunting, but just have fun, and don't try to be the biggest farm on the block.

Meg50
Jun 28 2014, 06:23 AM
I'm on level 525 - and eagerly awaiting the next upgrade so I can get more FC to buy my next facility.

I have never bought FC, and never will - everything is bought with coin, or hard-saved-up-for FC

I have 20 farms -decided I need no more at the moment - and would love even a 3X3 harvest/plow - not too bothered about the harvest/plow/sow, or the huge ones, but a 3X3 harvest/plow would make life so much simpler!

Doing quests has helped a lot - one FC a week adds to the savings very nicely

L.A.Bob
Jun 28 2014, 08:31 AM
The New Restroom Supplies facility adds even more Oak Lumber to the requirements of the sawmills and along with 5 trains with lumber cars cannot keep up with the current demands. Something needs to be done to overcome this. Sawmill output or lumber car capacity needs to be raised.

KnightRider
Jun 28 2014, 08:45 AM
The New Restroom Supplies facility adds even more Oak Lumber to the requirements of the sawmills and along with 5 trains with lumber cars cannot keep up with the current demands. Something needs to be done to overcome this. Sawmill output or lumber car capacity needs to be raised.

Have you tried going through all of the items that needs Oak Lumber and the items that has a large amount stop producing them for a while and use the Oak Lumber on the items that you don't have very many.

sylvie48uk
Jun 28 2014, 09:27 AM
Have you tried going through all of the items that needs Oak Lumber and the items that has a large amount stop producing them for a while and use the Oak Lumber on the items that you don't have very many.

Yes that's what I've done now, but only with the farm building facs, those are the ones that really eat it all up. I still think that the sawmill needs to increase output though, it's obvious that as more facs are added they need more ingredients.

Fred Bee
Jun 28 2014, 12:05 PM
My cousin asked me to post this as she is afraid to do so on her own....afraid of TPTB. "Am I the only one who thinks a Restroom Factory is gross? It makes me go ewwww. I don't want to produce toilets or plungers. It gives me the same feeling that the Funeral Home does."

Personally I can't see buying either one, but I play on a sporadic basis, not day to day and don't think TPTB will get me for posting this for her.

L.A.Bob
Jun 28 2014, 12:54 PM
I have shut off everything that uses Oak Lumber as a product to build up my inventory so that when I restart them it will raise my Diversification Rank Higher. Until I have enough for this and to keep them going so that I can get the Client facilities at 100% also I will have to wait. I pride myself on keeping all my facilities at 100% all the time and I find it very frustrating not to be able to do so because no mater what I do I do not have the items needed to accomplish this.

KnightRider
Jun 28 2014, 12:58 PM
My cousin asked me to post this as she is afraid to do so on her own....afraid of TPTB. "Am I the only one who thinks a Restroom Factory is gross? It makes me go ewwww. I don't want to produce toilets or plungers. It gives me the same feeling that the Funeral Home does."

Personally I can't see buying either one, but I play on a sporadic basis, not day to day and don't think TPTB will get me for posting this for her.

I like it, it will fit on my farm with my services so that people have a place to use the bathroom while they are walking around and don't have to hold it. :D
My first farm is called Funeral Home cause that is where my funeral home is along with some flowers surrounding it.

You could put in the suggestions that they do the restroom facilities like they did the funeral facilities and put in the preferences to skip those facilities.

koakes
Jun 28 2014, 01:35 PM
Yes that's what I've done now, but only with the farm building facs, those are the ones that really eat it all up. I still think that the sawmill needs to increase output though, it's obvious that as more facs are added they need more ingredients.

I totally agree, PLEASE INCREASE PRODUCTION IN THE SAWMILLS!!!

knolan
Jun 28 2014, 03:42 PM
Having a restroom factory is not gross, unless you don't clean it... It's a game right? We are playing pretend.

i try
Jun 28 2014, 04:39 PM
Agree with most above. Lets keep the 'farm' in Farmtown.With hundreds of facilities to pick from and build upon, so many let greed overpower sensibility. First give me more then change the rules so i can keep up. Farmtown has evolved to become Facilityville.

ccheney
Jun 28 2014, 11:18 PM
Agree with most above. Lets keep the 'farm' in Farmtown.With hundreds of facilities to pick from and build upon, so many let greed overpower sensibility. First give me more then change the rules so i can keep up. Farmtown has evolved to become Facilityville.

There is no need to have every single facility or to make every single product that a facility is capable of producing. If you have 7-8 facilities that require the same ingredient then yes it's going to be hard to keep up with supply and demand.

Dulcinea
Jun 29 2014, 07:51 PM
Frankly, I think NOT having toilets is even grosser.

Dulcinea
Jun 29 2014, 08:00 PM
Any tips or strategies, to keep a person interested in moving on up??

My only suggestion is to play a lot.

Not looking to move up myself. I've been playing since the beginning and am only on level 272. I guess it's because I have so many years invested in this game that I keep coming back. It would be nice if more conveniences were simply available without having to pay for them. I have no idea why I have to pay FC to press the Store All button while the Cash Out button is free. But whatever. I play when I enjoy playing and don't when I don't. It's just a mindless pastime for when my brain is too tired to read or do something more constructive.

ftjill
Jun 29 2014, 09:49 PM
Posting in the forum is a good start. If you ask for suggestions to maximize your game I'm sure you will get some good advice. I know I have received some great tips over the years.

I would look to see which facilities give the best return - eg the furniture factory is a good one for that.

And ask in the forum for suggestions on which facilities, tools etc to get first.

Get lots of neighbours (80) and work their facilities.

Read the game guide :D

Happy Farming

SeamsToBeSew
Jun 30 2014, 06:47 AM
For those who are super players, literally play the game more often than anyone else, the kind in which FT will never catch up with the level they should be :) then I can see the need. If you are the kind of player who has every facility, every tool, every service facility, even all the trains, you want to be able to provide other players with the opportunity to also enjoy in your wealth. It is not fun if we have to stress out over the fact that some products don't get produced enough and frankly, the facilities should output enough to warrant the needs of the other facilities. It doesn't make sense that they don't, so I disagree with you in that respect. If I have paid farm cash to purchase those facilities, which means I probably bought bough fc as well, then I really do expect that I'm going to get the bang out of my buck.

Dulcinea
Jun 30 2014, 05:48 PM
I'd like to see Sawmill output increased, too, please. :)

kondor
Jun 30 2014, 09:47 PM
There is no need to have every single facility or to make every single product that a facility is capable of producing. If you have 7-8 facilities that require the same ingredient then yes it's going to be hard to keep up with supply and demand.

Until they fix the economy of the game, I disagree with this. When you have to pay $2Billion for a farm, you need to have multiple facilities producing at max capacity. Not to "win" the game, as we have been told over and over again that there is no way to "win".

My concern is that the game has steered away from the basics and is in danger of forgetting them, to the point that it can't attract and retain new players.

There is a balance in Facility Town where you can make a bit more coin, like having one of each of the 7 day "mines" and such on each of your 23 farms, sell half off from time to time. But I can't see where the game can support the few hundreds of regular, active players if they chose to do that.

Just my $.02.

kondor
Jun 30 2014, 09:51 PM
Having a restroom factory is not gross, unless you don't clean it... It's a game right? We are playing pretend.

At least in the game, someone else is cleaning the restroom. :eek:

KnightRider
Jul 01 2014, 07:25 AM
Not to "win" the game, as we have been told over and over again that there is no way to "win".

My questions are what you mean by "win" the game? Who are competing against? Who has been telling you over and over again there is no way to "win"?

KnightRider
Jul 01 2014, 07:27 AM
To clean the restrooms go to the janitorial service facility.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Jul 01 2014, 11:19 AM

And if I ever wish to chop more than 3x3 trees, we have to do all of that again. Same for shaking trees...and harvesting flowers....and fishing...

Hi Ally Kat - yes there are a number of ways to move up quickly. There are quite a few Farm Town groups out there. I won't mention any special ones, but many of them provide information, guidance, encouragement, gifts, and chat time for newer players as well as old timers, so that they can move up more quickly. Yes, there are many ways to produce enough to move up without extravagant purchases of FC. Google Farm Town Groups and you will find that most of these groups are very welcoming and willing to share information with newer players. One of the things that has made this game "special" is the interaction between players and these groups provide even more of what this game has to offer. Have fun :)

Goldenserenity
Jul 01 2014, 03:03 PM
When are they going to change the gifts? I'm really tired of the fathers day stuff. They are such unworthy gifts to begin with. :p

KnightRider
Jul 01 2014, 05:38 PM
When are they going to change the gifts? I'm really tired of the fathers day stuff. They are such unworthy gifts to begin with. :p

Only the developers know when they change items in the game.

Goldenserenity
Jul 01 2014, 05:47 PM
I'm sure. They are slacking though

SeaJay
Jul 01 2014, 08:32 PM
I've waited for so long for so many different changes for this game, that I finally learned to streamline everything so that I didn't need the changes. I know where everything is, when it will be ready, how to find posts from neighbors etc.......

So basically, I just expanded 10 farms to 34x34 just to have the option to use the farm stats for all farms available to me. It is fun to play with, but at this point in my waiting game, it's completely unnecessary.

pete5560
Jul 02 2014, 01:27 AM
Well, I like how the farm stats works. With 23 farms, it makes it easy to locate which have crops etc ready, which have crops coming up to be wasted. Saves time searching all farms to find items that are ready. I have 5 more upgrades to get all items displayed at once. This should take me about a month to do. Just another quest. It takes a little planning to plant crops that are needed but using the customization features its quite easy. I usually earn 1B coins a day with neighbors help. It shows you that if work with others you can progress faster.

Sandy Mae
Jul 02 2014, 08:50 PM
I know it makes you nuts. The only thing I can say is a lot of us only spend what we can afford to at any one time. It does cause a little friction here at home. Just keep plugging away if you enjoy this game

Dad Shadow
Jul 03 2014, 01:27 AM
Not working. Have tried several times to set it up. Done all the cleaning.

Makes things very hard to harvest when it DOES NOT hide the 'non relevant'
items to the tool i am using.

I think this started to happen after the latest facilities came out.

Another bug to Fix ???

rjohn726
Jul 03 2014, 06:13 AM
Thanks for allowing 12 gifts to be sent again

Taz D
Jul 03 2014, 10:59 AM
Not working. Have tried several times to set it up. Done all the cleaning.

Makes things very hard to harvest when it DOES NOT hide the 'non relevant'
items to the tool i am using.

I think this started to happen after the latest facilities came out.

Another bug to Fix ???
The eye should be either half closed or all the way closed for it to hide the non-relevant items.

Dulcinea
Jul 03 2014, 06:19 PM
you in fact do not need to have 23 farms upgraded to the max.

You only need to upgrade your farms to the max if you want to use a very basic feature (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599650) that should be available to every player with multiple farms and is not. As you've pointed out, not everyone plays the same way, and the massively expensive land expansions are geared toward those who play a lot and have more money than they can possibly spend. Those of us who play in a way that makes the game enjoyable to us (because as has also pointed out, this is a game you play to enjoy, not to win), we're excluded from this very basic and useful feature because we don't play the way a select number have chosen to play. I upgraded all my farms to the point where I could afford to upgrade. Now it's a matter of deciding whether to spend my hard earned FC on upgrades or much needed tools.

I can see where players who play a lot need a challenge. Your point is valid. But it seems to me your argument is that FT is trying to cater to a smaller and smaller market, and if they are, they're not losing players because they're a better game than their competitors. They're losing because they have no idea how to market a game so more people beyond a select few actually want to play it. Which, I don't agree is the case here.

whosyou?
Jul 03 2014, 10:52 PM
I can see where players who play a lot need a challenge. Your point is valid. But it seems to me your argument is that FT is trying to cater to a smaller and smaller market, and if they are, they're not losing players because they're a better game than their competitors. They're losing because they have no idea how to market a game so more people beyond a select few actually want to play it. Which, I don't agree is the case here.

It is not,nor has it ever been a problem with marketing.This is a niche game...you grow crops,load into a factory,and sell.This is not the type of game most people play for a variety of reasons,none of which have anything to do with my main point.The games that attract and retain players in any niche or market have to have a goal.Make the goal to hard,casual gamers leave,make it to easy,the coiners leave.If the coiners leave...the game dies.This game will never reach and retain players who like 6 hours of RPG,or 10 hours of EVE.I am willing to bet that most people who play FT daily do not play other games outside of FB that fit into 4 specific genres that capture about 90% of dedicated gamers.

.Make the game easier,people get bored faster.If everyone could run their facilities maxed out everyday...everyone would have everything that coins could buy,and then what?It is not like you need to use calculus,or quantum mechanics to work around the shortfalls,and still earn tons of coins every week.As I said,add more sawmills,or take a few days to post only sawmills.

Just want to add..not trying to argue...just want to put forth a very valid POV.

Dad Shadow
Jul 04 2014, 04:48 AM
Looks the fault is with my farm.
Borrowed a lap top, and her EYE works. My settings were the same as hers.
Signed in on her lap top and the eye DOES NOT.
So its not memcache/browser/windows/facebook...just my account.
Will have to give her more work, as its hard for me right now.

Seraphina Warrior
Jul 04 2014, 05:31 AM

Hi, although you have set this function, in your wrench settings, do you click the "eye" icon, once you have selected your tool, in order to set the eye to the required option. ie. If the eye is open it will show everything, if it is half closed it will dim non relevant items and if it is closed , it will hide non relevant items.

Eradani
Jul 04 2014, 11:32 AM

memcache works on the data for Your Farm

Dad Shadow
Jul 04 2014, 11:34 AM
Hi, although you have set this function, in your wrench settings, do you click the "eye" icon, once you have selected your tool, in order to set the eye to the required option. ie. If the eye is open it will show everything, if it is half closed it will dim non relevant items and if it is closed , it will hide non relevant items.

THANK YOU. Never done that before, and it works.
My friends lap top has not it, when i told her about.

TYVM Seraphina Warrior... xxx

Dad Shadow
Jul 04 2014, 12:57 PM
I guess i must have clicked it to turn it off.

Live and learn....

Seraphina Warrior
Jul 04 2014, 02:09 PM
THANK YOU. Never done that before, and it works.
My friends lap top has not it, when i told her about.

TYVM Seraphina Warrior... xxx

You are so very welcome Dad Shadow. Happy to have helped. ;)

Farmer Ce
Jul 04 2014, 04:02 PM
Would like to weigh in on the issue. My wife and I represent the two types of players in FT. She just wants more and more.. she wants to see her farms get larger and her XPs increase.. she does not even know how it happens.. probably FT's version of a material girl. She loves to get on, chat a little with friends she has made, complain how there are no good workers at the market, and watch her coins increase.

I am the other way, for me the great factory tool is the ingredient planner.. I assess each new factory and calculate if my supply chain can accommodate the new facility and if not, what adjustments are needed, and I determine if it is a feasible venture. Love it, love overcoming the challenges and maximizing my resources. We have grown up with the game (since 2010) and neither would consider leaving. The devs are fabulous and the moderators helpful. Where else can you get all this for free?

A couple of years ago we had a similar problem with flour production. There were over 30 products that needed flour and we could not grow enough wheat to make flour. A solution was found that cost FC (the stone windmill was converted to a working mill that enhanced production). Not a problem. Guys who live for the challenges of the game can come up with $5.

I do think that we were let down with the trains. I expected way more goods to be delivered for the price of the cars. It seemed we were blackmailed into buying rail cars to shorten our time working facilities and the products the rail cars carried were lame or just incidental.

Come on, the sawmill is as obsolete as the red windmill. So, please increase rail capacity and sawmill output. You can do it. :D

peggyannvt
Jul 04 2014, 06:15 PM
in working with Game Guide - Chapter 15 Trees - Section 7 there are four (or 5) trees not on the list. Kiwi, Mandarin, Mugo Pine, and Snake Plant. (The Big Pine is not listed but works as the regular Pine.

Just thought I'd try to let someone know

gatormania
Jul 05 2014, 01:01 AM
How in the name of all things Farm Town can anyone not be "rich enough"...? LOL @ these newbies that have no concept of 1 square at a time plow, plant and harvest... Back then, a 3 day crop took 3 days to be ready to harvest... And, with the addition of being able to use the fuel and tools of others (thanks, by the way), you can make a gozillion coins a day !!! Facilitate and get friends to work them... There are a million ways to advance in this game, it just takes planning and effort...

SeaJay
Jul 05 2014, 02:25 AM
How in the name of all things Farm Town can anyone not be "rich enough"...? LOL @ these newbies that have no concept of 1 square at a time plow, plant and harvest... Back then, a 3 day crop took 3 days to be ready to harvest... And, with the addition of being able to use the fuel and tools of others (thanks, by the way), you can make a gozillion coins a day !!! Facilitate and get friends to work them... There are a million ways to advance in this game, it just takes planning and effort...

Back in the day, raspberries were a pain (because that's all most people grew) and pineapples were gold (although hard to harvest) waters couldn't be fished and flowers couldn't be watered or plucked. There were no facilities, and the thing that separated FarmTown from Farmville was the interaction of folk! A big thank you and congratulations to Raul for having vision and bringing things this far and for setting the standard for FB games.

Gatormania, imagine being someone new coming into this game now! I am a proud beta beginner user and can't even imagine what it would be for me now just starting out.

I just have to add.......... I have not had to grow raspberries since the inception of facility work. That's how many I have stored from the beginning. When ever I see a bonus for raspberries, I not only take it ...just because........I love it for its meaning! ♥

firegold flames
Jul 05 2014, 04:58 AM
sorry , i reply late, Even i do daily quest,log in everyday - depend on my time , i still not wealthy , most of them do the daily quest but it will take time . It will take time , last time my farm is not very reach but slowly it became a bit wealthy and now i have more coins but less of farm cash .

Eradani
Jul 05 2014, 11:14 AM

you forget that newbies are, by definition, new. they don't know what they're doing. they don't know the ins and outs of the game. unless they're gamers already, they probably didn't even go through the option menus to make things work better.

you can't expect someone who is actually new to go through all the beginning of the game in 1x1 mode like we did when that's all there was. because that's not all there is and if they get hired by someone who shares tools, they get used to them and want them.

fyi: it costs 185 FC to buy your first combine. and that's if you don't make any mistakes and buy something you don't need like unlocking farm 3 because you don't know about the neighbors thread or that pretty flower shop.

and just because they're new, doesn't make them physically young with brand new, carpal tunnel free hands.

kondor
Jul 05 2014, 11:13 PM
My questions are what you mean by "win" the game? Who are competing against? Who has been telling you over and over again there is no way to "win"?

No one has been telling me this. It is posted from time to time on the forums and I agree with it. There is not winning the game, and that is not a bad thing.

:)

smarnld38
Jul 06 2014, 06:02 AM
I think the cost to expand farms is ridiculousness. How you want people play when you can't afford stuff!

kondor
Jul 06 2014, 09:01 AM

Thankfully, the game has grown such that “these newbies” don't have to go through what us original Beta players went through to earn coins and advance in the game. The addition of using other player's tools and fuel is, in my opinion, one of the greatest additions to the game in terms of keeping the interest of lower level players as they try to decipher how to play the game.

Something needs to be changed regarding the importance of neighbors for advancing in the game. Not working facilities or farms, but the reliance upon neighbors to advance in farms/levels.

I took a look and I have 34 neighbors, of which a grand total of 2 are still active players. Without looking at the game docs, does anyone here know how many neighbors you need to have just to purchase Farm #3? Other farms? How they impact storage? You know, those 500+ storage spaces don't just happen, right? :)

Once upon a time, neighbors were important for spreading word about a cool new game that turned the farming game concept on its head. But, in my opinion, there is now an over-reliance on neighbors to advance in a largely single player game. I am not proposing a major overhaul, just a re-visiting of the level of importance in a day and age of Facebook privacy concerns.

Maybe something like a tie to “active” neighbors or your activity (visits, work, referrals etc...) on neighbors farms vs. a mass invite of neighbors, most of whom will help you for a while, but not really play the game as much as you.

I agree that there are a million ways to advance in this game, and almost all of them are viable ways to play the game. The challenge is to revisit what has not worked so that new players can have fun learning the game, instead of having to work to demystify the game enough to simply play.

Grammy 11
Jul 06 2014, 10:11 AM
The best advice I have gotten for advancing is to add the bank, currency supplies factory and federal reserve building. I have all 3 on all 23 farms. I also bought a few extra electronic component factories to get circuit boards and paper mills to get enough paper to produce bills. These are all coin facilities. The $$ came back fast and piles up daily. Happy farming!!

kondor
Jul 06 2014, 11:15 AM
The best advice I have gotten for advancing is to add the bank, currency supplies factory and federal reserve building. I have all 3 on all 23 farms. I also bought a few extra electronic component factories to get circuit boards and paper mills to get enough paper to produce bills. These are all coin facilities. The $$ came back fast and piles up daily. Happy farming!!

This is excellent advice! I have been running 5 or 6 Paper Mills since they first came out, and didn't think of this to take advantage of the surplus. Thank you for sharing!

Similarly, I have put a Mineral Mine, Mine Pit and Metal Mill on most farms and look to sell the surplus from time to time. Not the most efficient factory footprints, but gets some nice coin for almost nothing.

Rob T
Jul 06 2014, 01:36 PM
Hi,

While the developers to require both good and bad feedback, this debate has gone way out of hand, and has gone way off track to its original intent.

Therefore i am closing this thread.

Jokes
Jul 07 2014, 01:33 AM
I hate all teh holiday gifts that are worthless and you have to scroll through to send something good or exchange gifys we should be able to click on all teh ones we WANT , and tehn go back and click all teh ones we want to exchange for one other thing all at once

KnightRider
Jul 07 2014, 01:53 AM
I hate all teh holiday gifts that are worthless and you have to scroll through to send something good or exchange gifys we should be able to click on all teh ones we WANT , and tehn go back and click all teh ones we want to exchange for one other thing all at once

You should put this in the suggestion section so the developers can see your suggestion, you can't start a new thread, this way they can keep the suggestion section easier to read, but you can put it in the thread that is closest to what you are suggesting and if you don't see one that is close, you can put it in the thread My idea doesn't have a thread.

Eva Svoboda
Jul 07 2014, 05:15 PM
I am very disappointed and upset, again, that FT is ignoring all AMERICAN holidays!!! This is only game to not post decoration for celebrating! There was just few for Memorial day, and after over month from fathers day, still in Store few, mostly OLD decoration. WHAT is going on??? I am playing this game from beginning, recommending it to all my friends, defending it, BUT if you will ignore AMERICAn history and heritage I will fight this game to be cancelled !

KnightRider
Jul 07 2014, 05:29 PM
I am very disappointed and upset, again, that FT is ignoring all AMERICAN holidays!!! This is only game to not post decoration for celebrating! There was just few for Memorial day, and after over month from fathers day, still in Store few, mostly OLD decoration. WHAT is going on??? I am playing this game from beginning, recommending it to all my friends, defending it, BUT if you will ignore AMERICAn history and heritage I will fight this game to be cancelled !

They have never put 4th of July gifts in the store since the game has been going, if they did that then they would have to put gifts for every countries independence.

anglnwhite
Jul 07 2014, 06:04 PM
Fireworks are universal .... perhaps the devs could see their way to design and release some overhead fireworks (like the beautiful clouds) someday?

max_river
Jul 07 2014, 06:38 PM
it not all about the usa i from canada and we did not get anything for my country bd witch is july 1 st what a bad reason to quite the game and i am sure face book would not take it off for such a lame reason they make to much money from.it

Taz D
Jul 07 2014, 06:38 PM
Fireworks are universal .... perhaps the devs could see their way to design and release some overhead fireworks (like the beautiful clouds) someday?
I could see that as fireworks are universally used for New Year's celebrations world wide. Sounds like a good suggestion that could be put in the Suggestions section. :)

Rhubarb Patch
Jul 08 2014, 09:08 AM
This is not an American game. I have played from the beginning as well and have never once ranted about my country's holidays not being recognized. Only in America, eh!

seralynn
Jul 10 2014, 10:31 AM
I started out with a few trains with several cars on each...and the reason I didn't buy more cars was because it was difficult to couple the trains and I didn't want to spend a lot of time doing that when there's other more fun things to do with the game. But now with the the trains being associated with working other people's farms, I wanted to make sure I had 10 cars on each train BUT, the issue is, the more cars there are, it's even MORE difficult it is to couple them together and to the locomotive! :(

I know that the entire train is to be highlighted in yellow when the train is properly connected. But it seems no matter how I organize the cars or use the various methods of moving (cars themselves or the free style hand) I cannot get all of the 10 cars to couple to the locomotive!! All my trains are on tracks...I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Is there some trick, I'm not aware of? I read the instructions for trains but there is nothing there other than what I already know. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It would be GREAT if the powers that be would make it easier to couple 10 or more cars on the tracks to the locomotive.

Taz D
Jul 10 2014, 10:38 AM
I started out with a few trains with several cars on each...and the reason I didn't buy more cars was because it was difficult to couple the trains and I didn't want to spend a lot of time doing that when there's other more fun things to do with the game. But now with the the trains being associated with working other people's farms, I wanted to make sure I had 10 cars on each train BUT, the issue is, the more cars there are, it's even MORE difficult it is to couple them together and to the locomotive! :(

I know that the entire train is to be highlighted in yellow when the train is properly connected. But it seems no matter how I organize the cars or use the various methods of moving (cars themselves or the free style hand) I cannot get all of the 10 cars to couple to the locomotive!! All my trains are on tracks...I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Is there some trick, I'm not aware of? I read the instructions for trains but there is nothing there other than what I already know. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It would be GREAT if the powers that be would make it easier to couple 10 or more cars on the tracks to the locomotive.
The tracks are not necessary but are more for visual (whoever saw a train running on the ground :eek:).
First thing is do not use the green hand to set them as it will set them incorrectly.
If they are in a straight line all you have to do is have them all facing the same direction and push one car up to the next one. I always move it up until it turns red (not placable) and then back of slowly until it turns green. Your train on your farm 5 has the first 2 cars overlapping each other, probably because of using the green hand. I would remove all the coin cars from that train, set all the long cars to the side and place each on the train one at a time without the green hand. Check by hovering over then engine when you place each car that they are all connected.
If you are trying to connect them around a curve then you need to use one of the coin cars to make the turn. Good instructions on how to do that are in the Game Guide.

littlesallysanctus
Jul 10 2014, 07:05 PM
I have 14 sawmills can't keep up with oak even with 100%usage
I have 4 ink facilites can't keep up with red ink
I have I think 9 textile mills can't keep up with wool cloth

I share almost everyday---giving people work in facilities and clients

so what is going on with output

Taz D
Jul 10 2014, 07:07 PM
I have 14 sawmills can't keep up with oak even with 100%usage
I have 4 ink facilites can't keep up with red ink
I have I think 9 textile mills can't keep up with wool cloth

I share almost everyday---giving people work in facilities and clients

so what is going on with output
New added facilities mean more uses for basic items.

priscillar
Jul 13 2014, 02:26 PM
I have 12 sawmills and would like to move one of them to another farm but the only way I can do this is to uncheck all the items and do 11 of them manually until the one I want to move is empty. By that time I would be running out of 'stuff'. Wish there was a way to move a loaded facility to another farm.

Taz D
Jul 13 2014, 02:48 PM
I have 12 sawmills and would like to move one of them to another farm but the only way I can do this is to uncheck all the items and do 11 of them manually until the one I want to move is empty. By that time I would be running out of 'stuff'. Wish there was a way to move a loaded facility to another farm.
Let them get worked down to a low enough level you feel you can afford to lose and then move it and refill. I am not sure how many you have work your facilities, but I have enough work mine I empty them or at least close enough within one day.

c.abell
Jul 15 2014, 09:57 PM
I have 23 sawmills and 2 lumber train cars and still cannot produce enough Oak Lumber to support my facilities. Please increase the production of Oak Lumber. Thank you.

maddshots
Jul 16 2014, 10:54 AM
It was bad enough to have that creepy eye on my farm. I have to be so careful now to avoid it when planting it makes me crazy. Now I have another totally redundant and unnecessary icon for quests and when I accidentally click even close to it my quest box opens and I have to close it and reopen my tool box to go back to planting.
This redundancy is ridiculous. The toolbox contains these items! Why must we continuously have to avoid them on the farm page? An upgrade is supposed to make things better, not worse! :confused::(

KnightRider
Jul 16 2014, 12:08 PM
It was bad enough to have that creepy eye on my farm. I have to be so careful now to avoid it when planting it makes me crazy. Now I have another totally redundant and unnecessary icon for quests and when I accidentally click even close to it my quest box opens and I have to close it and reopen my tool box to go back to planting.
This redundancy is ridiculous. The toolbox contains these items! Why must we continuously have to avoid them on the farm page? An upgrade is supposed to make things better, not worse! :confused::(

To you the icons is not needed, but there are other players (like me) out there that might like that icon telling them when they can start a quest and when they can collect coins for a quest so that the game is made better, and the eye it makes it easier to go from hidden to dimmed, I don't mind them there since I use full screen they are not in my way.

maddshots
Jul 16 2014, 03:02 PM
To you the icons is not needed, but there are other players (like me) out there that might like that icon telling them when they can start a quest and when they can collect coins for a quest so that the game is made better, and the eye it makes it easier to go from hidden to dimmed, I don't mind them there since I use full screen they are not in my way.

I also use full screen as I am on a laptop and they DO show on my screen and I frequently accidentally hit them.

Dad Shadow
Jul 17 2014, 12:38 AM
Why not make it 'moveable' ?.
I set up the tools i use for the bottom bar.
The EYE and QUEST icons, if moveable, you could put there.
I don't use quests and it is in the way.

Grammy 11
Jul 17 2014, 08:38 AM
In the course of doing a quest step I found that my GINGER crop was labeled GINSENG. After replanting the crop it is still labeled ginseng, as is the correct ginseng field. Are any other crops incorrectly labeled? I am sure this can be quickly corrected. Thank you.

By the way, my other ginger field is correctly named. I hope if I clear and replow the problem will go away.

Petuniaflower
Jul 17 2014, 12:31 PM
When selecting to go to another farm,and the whole game reloads.Though it lands on the right farm.
are others having the same issue.I assume it is the server having to refresh itself.

On another note.My computer isn't that old.For the past month,been bothered by ad's. there would be a ad on both sides of the forum.AD'S AD'S AD'S.And I had virus protection.On my own(scary) I did what my eldest son did on it once.And him not here to know what to do.I backed my computer back to how it was when I bought it.Clears all the files,but that is no problem.I have Farmtown,Facebook,and banking mostly to put back on.Well I want ya to know,the AD'S are gone.I swear I will not ever check news,weather anything else on the internet,because going there had to be how i got the ad's.'Just in case anyone one else is having the problem.

Had my fingers and leg crossed hoping I wasn't going to BLOW UP my computer....

Taz D
Jul 17 2014, 12:39 PM
When selecting to go to another farm,and the whole game reloads.Though it lands on the right farm.
are others having the same issue.I assume it is the server having to refresh itself.

On another note.My computer isn't that old.For the past month,been bothered by ad's. there would be a ad on both sides of the forum.AD'S AD'S AD'S.And I had virus protection.On my own(scary) I did what my eldest son did on it once.And him not here to know what to do.I backed my computer back to how it was when I bought it.Clears all the files,but that is no problem.I have Farmtown,Facebook,and banking mostly to put back on.Well I want ya to know,the AD'S are gone.I swear I will not ever check news,weather anything else on the internet,because going there had to be how i got the ad's.'Just in case anyone one else is having the problem. That would be preferable to resetting your computer back that far.

The ads come from malware and not viruses. You need to 8install an anti-malware program such as Malwarebytes. Then if the ads start showing up you can run that and remove the malware causing the ads.

Petuniaflower
Jul 17 2014, 12:46 PM
The ads come from malware and not viruses. You need to 8install an anti-malware program such as Malwarebytes. Then if the ads start showing up you can run that and remove the malware causing the ads.

Just did as you advised. :D

Qivis
Jul 18 2014, 06:22 AM

On another note.My computer isn't that old.For the past month,been bothered by ad's. there would be a ad on both sides of the forum.AD'S AD'S AD'S.And I had virus protection.On my own(scary) I did what my eldest son did on it once.And him not here to know what to do.I backed my computer back to how it was when I bought it.Clears all the files,but that is no problem.I have Farmtown,Facebook,and banking mostly to put back on.Well I want ya to know,the AD'S are gone.I swear I will not ever check news,weather anything else on the internet,because going there had to be how i got the ad's.'Just in case anyone one else is having the problem.

Using AdBlock Plus add-in if you happen to use Opera, Chrome, Firefox, or Waterfox helps too. All you need to do is Google it and then follow the onscreen instructions. And you're unlikely to blow up the computer unless you mess with the overclock settings in the computer BIOS! :D

ccheney
Jul 19 2014, 11:40 PM
I put this in the suggestion folder. Another option would be to be able to check off in the preferences to hide the quest icon so those of us who do quests it can have it and those of us who don't do quests can hide it.

max_river
Jul 20 2014, 10:39 AM
I put this in the suggestion folder. Another option would be to be able to check off in the preferences to hide the quest icon so those of us who do quests it can have it and those of us who don't do quests can hide it.

i like that idea

Queen Of Leon
Jul 20 2014, 03:45 PM
If you are in the business of an online game, but you can't even keep UP with your players, then why are you in business at all? I waited so long for new levels, that by the time we got them, I was already PAST that! Why can't we have 25 new layers every 2 weeks? If you need to hire more people, then I know some people who need jobs. This SUCKS!

Dulcinea
Jul 20 2014, 04:36 PM

I agree, too. The quest icon is a great tool for those who do quests, but for those of us who don't, it's pretty much just in the way. :)

whosyou?
Jul 20 2014, 04:54 PM
If you are in the business of an online game, but you can't even keep UP with your players, then why are you in business at all? I waited so long for new levels, that by the time we got them, I was already PAST that! Why can't we have 25 new layers every 2 weeks? If you need to hire more people, then I know some people who need jobs. This SUCKS!

You want free farm cash...we get it...however,how is hiring more people a good business decision?Levels = free farmcash = less income for the devs...but yes..hire more.:rolleyes:

StoneFace
Jul 20 2014, 07:24 PM
You want free farm cash...we get it...however,how is hiring more people a good business decision?Levels = free farmcash = less income for the devs...but yes..hire more.:rolleyes:

Kind of like kids getting an allowance.... free money, often for doing nothing or minimal work output.....

kids would say.... need that allowance every day... by the time I get it , there are more things I want to buy..

I think that any "gift" of free farm cash, including that which is earned through Quests, is most generous of the developers.

But then, I have lost track of the number of gift cards I have redeemed to get all the goodies I have (and really don't have to have to play the game at a lesser level)

Dulcinea
Jul 21 2014, 10:41 AM
Most FB games have other ways of earning game cash that are faster and simpler. I'm afraid that Farm Town is very behind the times with this, which is sad considering it has some of the most expensive cash prices of any FB game I've played. For loyal players who want to support Slashdot (I think this is their only game?) that's fine. But it won't attract many new players who are used to something else. :(

littlesallysanctus
Jul 21 2014, 02:53 PM
It is demotivating to not be able to watch your advancement and levels as they are achieved. That's the way it was and everyone signed on for it. This is being controlled. At first everyone was told there would be double farmcash for levels past 500. then no...everyone was furious and righteously so. such dishonor to promise then recant
There there was the thing about ok no more names of levels which was ok by everyone.

There are probably hundreds of levels ready and waiting. like to 1,000.

KnightRider
Jul 21 2014, 03:23 PM
It is demotivating to not be able to watch your advancement and levels as they are achieved. That's the way it was and everyone signed on for it. This is being controlled. At first everyone was told there would be double farmcash for levels past 500. then no...everyone was furious and righteously so. such dishonor to promise then recant
There there was the thing about ok no more names of levels which was ok by everyone.

There are probably hundreds of levels ready and waiting. like to 1,000.

I haven't posted in this thread, but I have to on this one.

First it was never promised 2 FC past level 500, below is the quote from the release and it never stated what you said.

2. 25 New Levels: Top level will now be 500. A special gift this time for top level users, levels 476-500 will grant 2 farmcash instead of one.

Second the game has been going for over 5 years and they have been doing the levels the same for at least 4 years. There is no dishonor. I think the developers have done an excellent job of keeping the game going.

heartnrose
Jul 21 2014, 07:45 PM
Not sure where this would go , but looked everywhere I thought and could not come up with an answer. I compared my fish that were sold at market to the price I got for my flowers and the flowers didn't seem to make as much.. But I have more flowers and it seems I don't get as much money total for the flowers. Does it take more flowers like a bushel and how many does that include to make up the same dollars as the fish. I don't know if that made sense but is hard for me to explain. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks:)

KnightRider
Jul 21 2014, 08:07 PM
Not sure where this would go , but looked everywhere I thought and could not come up with an answer. I compared my fish that were sold at market to the price I got for my flowers and the flowers paid more. But I have more flowers and it seems I don't get as much money total for the flowers. Does it take more flowers like a bushel and how many does that include to make up the same dollars as the fish. I don't know if that made sense but is hard for me to explain. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks:)

Best thing I can tell you is to go into the store and see which item sells for the most coins, it tells you how much can be sold for at the market. I don't think anyone has went through and compared fish, flowers and trees and wrote down what pays the most.

EDIT: I just noticed that fish isn't in the store, to see the prices for fish you would have to go to your storage and look or go to the Game Guide in the Fishing thread and it show how much for fish. It looks like the lowest coins for fish is 50.

illusions_fan1
Jul 22 2014, 09:22 PM
Today I went and had a sticky beak at probably one of your main competitors for "farms" and it made me so grateful for EVERYTHING you guys do for us! They had some milk and egg collecting abilities and whatnot but just a weird old fruit stand type stall... NO FUN! I'll take your facilities any day and your customer service. You are so willing to listen to ideas your consumers have and are eager to keep us happy.

So thank you for everything you guys do for us! :D

1fritz
Jul 24 2014, 08:15 AM
Hi I've never compared how much I make on fish vs trees or flowers. It would be interesting to see,

Fritz

dnana
Jul 24 2014, 11:10 AM
DITTO!!!! Other 'farm' games do not compare!! Thanks!!!!

heartnrose
Jul 24 2014, 09:48 PM
Comparison
Okay, I did do the comparison. It was based on 1 field only 30x30. 1 layer orange lily, 1 layer date trees, ponds on outer edge 4 sides. For me, the trees paid much much better than the fish. I was correct in that I was getting more for the fish, but in all rights I have 5 times more fish, but they pay almost $150 less than the trees and $50 less than the lily. I based this on the highest paying trees and flowers. My payout is higher than what the store shows, but am assuming that has to do with belts/dans but not sure what those are so cannot say. The difference again, will depend on what the payout of the trees and flowers are if they will pay more than the fish. But I am happy with my results...thank you Knightrider...made me determined to find an answer...lol.

illusions_fan1
Jul 24 2014, 10:05 PM
Comparison
Okay, I did do the comparison. It was based on 1 field only 30x30. 1 layer orange lily, 1 layer date trees, ponds on outer edge 4 sides. For me, the trees paid much much better than the fish. I was correct in that I was getting more for the fish, but in all rights I have 5 times more fish, but they pay almost $150 less than the trees and $50 less than the lily. I based this on the highest paying trees and flowers. My payout is higher than what the store shows, but am assuming that has to do with belts/dans but not sure what those are so cannot say. The difference again, will depend on what the payout of the trees and flowers are if they will pay more than the fish. But I am happy with my results...thank you Knightrider...made me determined to find an answer...lol.

Well that's not fair on the fishing front... if say for a fake example each side of the square of a farm was 30 spots long it would be 30+30+28+28 (you can't use the corners twice) = 116 ponds around the outer edge. Meanwhile you filled the inside with trees. 28x28 = 784 trees. That's a whole lot more trees than ponds. :confused:

KnightRider
Jul 24 2014, 10:07 PM
Comparison

Your welcome.

ccheney
Jul 24 2014, 11:38 PM
I used to play the "ville" game and it got to be too much continuously asking for things from neighbors. 15 hammers, 20 nails, 20 buckets of paint etc to build one shed,constantly posting requests to send energy, running out of energy and being unable to do anything and the biggie having to constantly get new neighbors, people who weren't already players to get more things and advance in the game which I refused to do because I wasn't going to beg people who didn't want to play the game to play it. It got so that my newsfeed was nothing but game requests. That is why I like FarmTown. We are more self sufficient. Yes we need neighbors for certain things but we don't need to beg for every little thing we need.

rjohn726
Jul 25 2014, 08:53 AM
Well we are using more stuff now across the board, as I do these little things on a 4 day schedule for the last few years, I see that today. I have been keeping a spreadsheet as to what I do in those 4 days and today the usage across the board is somewhat greater. I haven’t a clue how much but I’d say somewhere around 15 to 20%.

Thanks I have been somewhat complacent in what I have been doing the last few years as it has been quite easy for me. However, if this continues I will need to think a bit more.

Making the game a bit more difficult are ya. I will probably like that as I ran out of Oak lumber today. That has never happened with me before at all. I have a bunch of all kind of logs, including Oak so I guess I can run 3 more sawmills. Those will be there soon as I already have 12 of them, it’ll go to 15 without any problems at all I feel.

rjohn726
Jul 25 2014, 09:06 AM
For example in the past few months I have been using 22,000 to 24,000 units of sugarcane never more than that. Today I used 33,030 units of sugarcane. Today I used 29,270 of Alfalfa previously never more than 21,000 units of alfalfa. Kidney beans, prior was 171 units and today 240 units.

Thanks

rjohn726
Jul 26 2014, 07:34 AM
Well as everything changed yesterday, by the utilization going up 15% to 20%, I thought I should update my spreadsheet today to see what I needed to plant.

Just to let you know I got a bunch of stuff back as I needed to change everything for the crops today, and everything really means everything. I only keep track of the crops as the trees and flowers as well as the animals have always been fine for me.

I guess thanks is in order.

mary caroline golden
Jul 26 2014, 09:47 AM
i'm not sure if this is the correct place to voice my question, but i'd like to know why the layout of the farm is on an angle instead of straight up & down (portrait style). i'v been an addicted player for 9 years & i am finally tired of looking at the farm with my head tilted ( gives me a bad kink in the neck) if i could tilt my monitor to compensate for the farms cock-eyed layout i would. maybe its just me, but in order to work on the farm easily,i automatically tilt my head to see it straighter (as in portrait) . i don't expect you developers to fix this just for me ( but wow,would that be great) but i would like to at least know the reason behind the "tilted" layout. (i'm sure there's a technical explaination,but please try to tell me in laymans language......thank you

Taz D
Jul 26 2014, 09:58 AM
i'm not sure if this is the correct place to voice my question, but i'd like to know why the layout of the farm is on an angle instead of straight up & down (portrait style). i'v been an addicted player for 9 years & i am finally tired of looking at the farm with my head tilted ( gives me a bad kink in the neck) if i could tilt my monitor to compensate for the farms cock-eyed layout i would. maybe its just me, but in order to work on the farm easily,i automatically tilt my head to see it straighter (as in portrait) . i don't expect you developers to fix this just for me ( but wow,would that be great) but i would like to at least know the reason behind the "tilted" layout. (i'm sure there's a technical explaination,but please try to tell me in laymans language......thank you
All the games that I know of use this tilted layout as it makes it easier to see for the 3D effect of the landscape. If we were looking at it straight on then you would not be able to see items behind the taller trees and buildings.

JBowles
Jul 26 2014, 02:00 PM
Well if you notice the developers are actually adding facilities which are part of life. At some point, we need to go to the bathroom. At some point we pass from this life and our friends and family come together to remember us. We go to a rodeo, a park, we work in a dairy facility or lumber yard or a bank. They are just reflecting life for the most part. I personally enjoy what they do.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1438909396&farm_ix=0

beverduster
Jul 26 2014, 10:36 PM
who used up all the toilet paper???

Flaky Angel
Jul 27 2014, 07:03 PM
Not sure where to put this.

Some of my neighbors have posted in FB that since the advent of the accept all/send all they are not receiving as many gifts as they usually do. Can the devs check and see if it is actually working? I know I'm not getting many but I don't use it much either.

Flaky Angel
Jul 27 2014, 07:08 PM
Have to agree. So much so that I'm seriously thinking of leaving my other farm games. I hate to as I have invested as much time and effort into them as I have to farm Town, but the reality is, I can do more without having to spend money. And yes, I buy FB cards, lol. This is my entertainment.

SeaJay
Jul 27 2014, 07:28 PM
I just fished ONE farm and earned 25 million coin and 179,000 products. Can you even fathom how many bodies of water were on that one farm?

The dude had 95 million seawater bait and 74 million fresh water bait. How is that even possible?????

Eradani
Jul 27 2014, 08:04 PM
if you rely on the Send Gifts to All button, you can lose people you're sending to as it only sends to those you got from. i don't have lots of friends i send to so i check with the old Send Gifts to make sure i got everyone.

msjazzbo
Jul 28 2014, 04:25 PM
I would love it if when you get the gift of 5 of a particular flower you would have the ability to place them horizontally instead of vertically. Now you have to place them and move them individually. Just a little help.
Thanks

Taz D
Jul 28 2014, 04:29 PM
I would love it if when you get the gift of 5 of a particular flower you would have the ability to place them horizontally instead of vertically. Now you have to place them and move them individually. Just a little help.
Thanks
You need to put this in Suggestions section and not the General Feedback. You cannot start a new thread there but you can reply to an existing thread that fits the subject of your suggestion.

Sandy Mae
Jul 28 2014, 06:35 PM
Today I went and had a sticky beak at probably one of your main competitors for "farms" and it made me so grateful for EVERYTHING you guys do for us! They had some milk and egg collecting abilities and whatnot but just a weird old fruit stand type stall... NO FUN! I'll take your facilities any day and your customer service. You are so willing to listen to ideas your consumers have and are eager to keep us happy.

So thank you for everything you guys do for us! :D

I do not feel alone any more. I am always telling people that the people at Slashkey care about the game and actually try to fix stuff asap. Unlike other games that do not even try. Ya at times things go wrong but look at how many players there are. I have quit other games and now only play on my farms. Thanks for letting them know we do appreciate this game. But thank for letting me know I am not alone in saying so!!!:D

duncton
Jul 29 2014, 03:13 PM
This is the best online game ever.

Jackie McFadden
Jul 29 2014, 06:04 PM
Hi All, I just have a question. I just reached level 265. So what happens now that I have all the cash facilities? What do I have to get now for being at this level. TY

Taz D
Jul 29 2014, 06:15 PM
Hi All, I just have a question. I just reached level 265. So what happens now that I have all the cash facilities? What do I have to get now for being at this level. TY
I am not sure what you are asking? You do not have to get anything for being at any level. Any purchase you make is your own choice.

Jackie McFadden
Jul 29 2014, 07:04 PM
Hi. I have a question. I just reached level 265.Now that all the money facilities are bought . What do I do now? I missed the window that tells me what I can get for leveling 265. TY for listening. http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...id1849804907

KnightRider
Jul 29 2014, 07:29 PM
Hi. I have a question. I just reached level 265.Now that all the money facilities are bought . What do I do now? I missed the window that tells me what I can get for leveling 265. TY for listening. http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...id1849804907

If you want to see what opened up when you leveled upt to 265, go into the store and click on the funnel icon and you can select level only, that should show you only what was opened for that level.

EDIT: The link you have in your post is incorrect, here is the correct link to your farm.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1849804907&farm_ix=Y

kathyyclark
Aug 01 2014, 03:36 AM
Can someone please answer this question for me? If I buy the purple mobile sprinkler the last one for 45 dollars and it waters all farms at
once, will it also speed growing time like the green mobile sprinkler does also? Not sure I want to spend the money if it doesn't speed the time also.

I appreciate any help I can get on this question. Thank you very much:)

Seraphina Warrior
Aug 01 2014, 05:25 AM
Can someone please answer this question for me? If I buy the purple mobile sprinkler the last one for 45 dollars and it waters all farms at
once, will it also speed growing time like the green mobile sprinkler does also? Not sure I want to spend the money if it doesn't speed the time also.

I appreciate any help I can get on this question. Thank you very much:)

Hi Kathy, the purple sprinkler does the same job as all previous sprinklers, but also waters all farms at once. So, to clarify, it will speed up the growth and extend waste time as well as the further feature of watering all farms at once. :)

rjohn726
Aug 01 2014, 05:39 AM
Well Gifts are back to 5 again over and over again and again

I do like going thru 50 gifts a lot better than 5 over and over again and again

Taz D
Aug 01 2014, 09:30 AM
Well Gifts are back to 5 again over and over again and again

I do like going thru 50 gifts a lot better than 5 over and over again and again
If you will create a Facebook list of the friends/neighbors you want to send gifts to then you can use that list rather than depending on Facebook to create a full list. Farm Town has no control over those lists, so there is nothing that we can do about it from this end.
To create a Facebook list that you can use for gifting follow the instructions in this link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594410

Petuniaflower
Aug 01 2014, 10:20 AM
YES I DID!!

What is wrong with me :confused: Tell me I am not the only one that does stupid things!

I have the purple sprinkler,but I treat it like the green one,so not to make a mistake of watering where I shouldn't,Well doing that did help me much.I just sat looking at my farm with the biggest tomato field :(NS And without even thinking BANG BANG watered the DANG FARM and I hadn't even started harvesting.

I am very frustrated with myself.Does Raul have a fix for someone like me,RAUL HELP!!!!:(:(:(

heartnrose
Aug 01 2014, 10:30 AM
Gifting to non neighbors.
Is it possible to gift to a friend that is not a neighbor on your farms. I have one particular person that works on my farm, but do not want to add her to buddy list or neighbor so that she can get the bonuses, which you do not if you are on those lists. Is there any way possible to do this? Any help would be appreciated.....

KnightRider
Aug 01 2014, 10:46 AM
Gifting to non neighbors.
Is it possible to gift to a friend that is not a neighbor on your farms. I have one particular person that works on my farm, but do not want to add her to buddy list or neighbor so that she can get the bonuses, which you do not if you are on those lists. Is there any way possible to do this? Any help would be appreciated.....

You can go to the tab "My neighbors" and that person should be shown there in a white box and you can send them a gift from there.

heartnrose
Aug 01 2014, 11:05 AM
ok I did and it came up with an error and they say they are fixing it as soon as possible. So will try again later. Thank you knightrider. Again.

heartnrose
Aug 01 2014, 02:23 PM
Got in. All it shows is my neighbors, and people on my face book to invite to be neighbors. I don't want this person as a neighbor or on buddy list so that she can get bonuses when she works, but want to send her gifts. Is that possible?

marymarcel
Aug 01 2014, 02:40 PM
Got in. All it shows is my neighbors, and people on my face book to invite to be neighbors. I don't want this person as a neighbor or on buddy list so that she can get bonuses when she works, but want to send her gifts. Is that possible?

Hi!

Go to My Neighbors tab, all your neighbors will be showed with a blue background, friends who are not your neighbors are showed with a blank background. Find this person among the ones showed with blank background and you'll see the option to send them a gift.:)

heartnrose
Aug 01 2014, 02:51 PM
Ok. this person is not of my FB or FT neighbor or buddy list, so she isn't showing up in the neighbors with white background. Only one is and she is on FB with me but not a neighbor. I was told earlier they had to be complete strangers, therefore, not on my FB friend list. is that correct?

marymarcel
Aug 01 2014, 02:55 PM
Ok. this person is not of my FB or FT neighbor or buddy list, so she isn't showing up in the neighbors with white background. Only one is and she is on FB with me but not a neighbor. I was told earlier they had to be complete strangers, therefore, not on my FB friend list. is that correct?

If this person is not your friend in Facebook, then there is no way for you to send them a gift.:)

heartnrose
Aug 01 2014, 03:00 PM
OK! Finally an answer that makes sense and understandable...thank you SO much marymarcel....when knightrider told me that I didn't see how it could be possible even I didn't even know the person and it had to be a complete stranger. Ok, back in business again here. Again, thank you so much for the help.

kathyyclark
Aug 01 2014, 03:06 PM
Thank you so very much for letting me know this. That sounds great. I appreciate your time in answering my question!!

Taz D
Aug 01 2014, 04:00 PM
OK! Finally an answer that makes sense and understandable...thank you SO much marymarcel....when knightrider told me that I didn't see how it could be possible even I didn't even know the person and it had to be a complete stranger. Ok, back in business again here. Again, thank you so much for the help.
The one who is a Facebook friend but not a neighbor you can send a gift also from the Send Gifts tab. One of the lists there is all your Facebook friends.
Also Knightrider was slightly wrong about the bonuses in that your one that is a friend but not a neighbor can get the bonuses when you hire them. The non-bonuses aplly only to your neighbors and buddies.

heartnrose
Aug 01 2014, 06:57 PM
Thank you so much Taz and marymarcel. I do appreciate all your help, and all that everyone does for FT. Am a happy camper again....

marymarcel
Aug 01 2014, 08:14 PM
Thank you so much Taz and marymarcel. I do appreciate all your help, and all that everyone does for FT. Am a happy camper again....

You're very welcome!:)

Joyfull
Aug 03 2014, 05:01 PM
Thank you was having the same problem myself appreciate the imput

Joy "aka Frogger"

OWP
Aug 03 2014, 08:21 PM
How do you remove people from your ignore list,I hit wrong name and now the wrong one is on ignore,how do I get them back?

Taz D
Aug 03 2014, 09:45 PM
How do you remove people from your ignore list,I hit wrong name and now the wrong one is on ignore,how do I get them back?
Which ignore list are you talking about? In the forums, Farm Town or facebook?

pkh9489@hotmail.com
Aug 04 2014, 12:00 AM
I have a question, lately when working other people farms especially the ones who layer I can't see half the screen or what needs to be farmed. I have a few pictures of what I am talking but not sure how to post them.

Taz D
Aug 04 2014, 12:05 AM
I have a question, lately when working other people farms especially the ones who layer I can't see half the screen or what needs to be farmed. I have a few pictures of what I am talking but not sure how to post them.
The only things you should not see are the items that are dimmed out or hidden because they don't apply to the tool you are using. For example if you have a chopping tool in your hand then you will not see any crops, harvestable trees, flowers or buildings because they have been hidden by the dim out tool. You control whether they are dimmed, hidden or visible using the eye in the lower right corner of the screen.

pkh9489@hotmail.com
Aug 04 2014, 12:11 AM
I totally understand what you are saying and that is not the problem... It's the graphics on the page... and it doesn't happen all the time just on the more layered farm, where the graphics are messing up so I can only see some of what needs to be done.. I have pictures of what I am talking about as well as video too. I am running wins 8 on this computer and wins 7 on my other computer. This is happening on both. When working the larger farms I can't get my coins since I can't finish the job am doing. It's starting to make me mad ......

pkh9489@hotmail.com
Aug 04 2014, 12:13 AM
Has nothing to do with the option to dim or not dim the eye...
I am about to stop playing this game because of this...

Taz D
Aug 04 2014, 12:22 AM
I totally understand what you are saying and that is not the problem... It's the graphics on the page... and it doesn't happen all the time just on the more layered farm, where the graphics are messing up so I can only see some of what needs to be done.. I have pictures of what I am talking about as well as video too. I am running wins 8 on this computer and wins 7 on my other computer. This is happening on both. When working the larger farms I can't get my coins since I can't finish the job am doing. It's starting to make me mad ......
What browser are you using?
Have you tried a different browser to see if the same thing happens with it?

Try uninstalling your flash player, do not use the windows add/remove as it will not delete all the flash files properly, instead use the uninstaller provided my Adobe. Please use the following link for the uninstaller.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Then reinstall flash using the following link... remember to do this from the browser you intend on using flash on as there are several versions.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Is this in full screen or normal screen or both?

mary caroline golden
Aug 04 2014, 10:31 AM
i appreciate you giving me an answer,but im still not happy about the tilted layout. i love the game so much that i even play my 2 sisters farms ( thats a total of 60 farms & about 500 facilities) i will continue to play. thanks for your response.
:);):p

tlr1957@aol.com
Aug 06 2014, 05:21 AM
I harvested my sheep for a quest this morning but it did not check off the wool . Now I have to wait 16 more hours to continue my quest:mad:

bluehair
Aug 06 2014, 06:03 AM
did you harvest your sheep before opening the quest?

tlr1957@aol.com
Aug 06 2014, 07:53 PM
No, I opened the quest first

Taz D
Aug 06 2014, 08:18 PM
I harvested my sheep for a quest this morning but it did not check off the wool . Now I have to wait 16 more hours to continue my quest:mad:
Please post a link to your farms here as we can't check this out without it. The automatic linking does not work so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554
Please follow the instructions here as just copying and pasting the link from the top of your farm page will not work either.

Vivarant
Aug 07 2014, 07:56 AM
I just bought the red and orange sprinklers and I am pi$$ed off! I expected them to water the farms for a period of time, like the fertilizer. It didn't say anything about that when you click on them for information. I noticed that this discussion started in 2009. And nothing has been done about it in 3 years?!? Really? 99% of the time only the people that have paid real money have these. Someone needs to get off their a$$ and fix this. We don't need new bushes, we need the stuff that we paid for to do what is expected or give me my frickin money back!

I am pi$$ed off too! I bought this tool with the express intention of planting crops several times per day in the fastest manner possible. Turns out I can only use this tool once per day. WHY ON EARTH DOESN"T IT SAY THAT IN THE DESCRIPTION???

Can anyone give me information on how to contact customer support? This is a complete waste of $50 Farm Cash for me.