PDA

View Full Version : Closed Feedback Threads

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Tiger
Sep 05 2010, 08:33 PM
This thread is to hold all old closed feedback threads

Chihuahualady
Sep 02 2011, 03:43 AM
I feel quite disappointed in the new sprinkler, I've just planted Coffee (3 day crop) and being told it will mature in 2.4 days, I thought this new tool would make the crop mature in half the time or have I read it wrong?...... 2.4 days doesn't sound right to me.

lewlin
Sep 02 2011, 03:45 AM
[QUOTE=jenifoofoo;4830374]That changed already - each time a crop is planted, it can be watered, even if crops have already been watered on the farm that day?

I would have to disagree with this because I watered it all last night then harvested this morning, planted something new, tried to water and it said I can only water once per day. Would be nice if you could water every new crop you plant, but that's definately not happening on my farm!

HelenJS22
Sep 02 2011, 08:26 AM
I feel quite disappointed in the new sprinkler, I've just planted Coffee (3 day crop) and being told it will mature in 2.4 days, I thought this new tool would make the crop mature in half the time or have I read it wrong?...... 2.4 days doesn't sound right to me.

I've planted three day crops that have definitely been halved in terms of growth time, but I watered after the crop was planted. It seems to me that it works perfectly, but I don't think it is intended that we get to halve the growing time of every single crop we plant. We have to use our wits and work out which are worthwhile watering in terms of need and our availability to harvest, and make the best use of the 24 hour limiting that has been put on it.

The initial release did state that 'you can only irrigate once per day' so that would translate that we could only irrigate one crop per farm per day.

My only query on it would to be to have a timer of some sort, because I forgot what time I had watered each farm :o

I find also that my 'crop planting diary' has been chucked out the window more or less for the first time since I began playing. I always kept a log of what was going to be ready for harvesting and when, but with the timing on the red sprinkler, I haven't taken the time to figure it out. I've just done a run through all my farms in the morning, and made a few notes. Not sure that this is a good idea, or if we do, as others have said, need a different version of time on the hover over. I've been too busy lately to decide which way is best.

I love the red sprinkler, particularly for the flowers. I use 'designer' production not 'mass' production so for the first time my flower shop will be full :D

Chihuahualady
Sep 02 2011, 09:22 AM
I've planted three day crops that have definitely been halved in terms of growth time, but I watered after the crop was planted. It seems to me that it works perfectly, but I don't think it is intended that we get to halve the growing time of every single crop we plant. We have to use our wits and work out which are worthwhile watering in terms of need and our availability to harvest, and make the best use of the 24 hour limiting that has been put on it.

The initial release did state that 'you can only irrigate once per day' so that would translate that we could only irrigate one crop per farm per day.

My only query on it would to be to have a timer of some sort, because I forgot what time I had watered each farm :o

I find also that my 'crop planting diary' has been chucked out the window more or less for the first time since I began playing. I always kept a log of what was going to be ready for harvesting and when, but with the timing on the red sprinkler, I haven't taken the time to figure it out. I've just done a run through all my farms in the morning, and made a few notes. Not sure that this is a good idea, or if we do, as others have said, need a different version of time on the hover over. I've been too busy lately to decide which way is best.

I love the red sprinkler, particularly for the flowers. I use 'designer' production not 'mass' production so for the first time my flower shop will be full :D

Thank you Helen, I guess I hadn't read about the 24 irrigation, I suppose I'll just have to get used to it, unless hopefully it changes on the next update, I agree a timer would be useful.

tgray
Sep 02 2011, 01:53 PM
It only works once per planted crop. Not once per day. Every time you plant another crop, you have to irrigate again.

Experience? crops mature too soon, and most of the ones i worked on, died too soon.

Advice? never spend real cash for a tool unless you understand its usage :) :)
If you plant cotton, then water it cuts the time in half. If you wait 24 hours then water the same crop again it doesn't cut it in half the second time. It only works once per crop as you say.
However if you plant raspberries, water, harvest and replant raspberries the same day it will cut the time in half on the first planting, but not on the second planting. It only works once per 24 hours.

jenifoofoo
Sep 03 2011, 05:24 AM
I really want it to work like the spreader and water the farm.

I'm not super-concerned that I can't turn over crop after crop multiple times daily - in fact, I would rarely have time for that.

My concern is that it isn't consistent with any method of planting/harvesting.

I'd really like it to fertilize the FARM, and I also dislike the once a day thing. Again, it doesn't flow with the crop rotations.

I have to keep going from farm to farm, with lots of loading time in between, to water. And I have to catch lots of crops partially grown and makes it impossible to keep up with what is done where.

Finally, I would like it to show the (w) when we hover over the diamond like it shows the (f).

:)

Bonnie Jo
Sep 03 2011, 05:43 AM
I finally have my tracking down and also have changed how I plant long term crops so the red sprinkler is more useful in that sense. The 20 hour time frame change also helped. I don't like that they made me change the way I plant my farms but I can also live with it.

What I really don't like is the fact that I spent 45 FC for the brown sprinkler. I bought it a few months ago to not only water my neighbors' flowers, but also mine. Now it no longer does anything. I spent another 50 FC for the red sprinkler and the combined action of them is not useful at all for me on how I do my farms.

I don't think anything will change though. They are convinced we don't need the brown sprinkler since they expanded the waste time. I stand by my opinion that there are times I want to water my flowers without having to worry about if it is going to speed up the crops I have already planted but didn't irrigate for some reason or another. If I "inadvertently" water my flowers on that non-irrigated field I am not going to be able to irrigate that field again for another 20 hours even if (for example) the field is ready to harvest in an hour.

mrsmel
Sep 03 2011, 06:16 AM
I want my brown sprinkler back! All other tools remained in my tool box when I bought the upgrade, but the brown sprinkler disappeared when I bought the red one. I tried putting the red one on a farm to see if the brown would again be available to me--but no. I bought the brown one to be able to water all of the flowers on a farm at once. That option is no longer available without accelerating crop growth on that farm. So--$95 later I'm back to using the red blob manual flower watering method. Color me unhappy.

Aussie Rae
Sep 03 2011, 06:26 AM
I love the new sprinkler...though I have found that I watered the flowers on a neighbours farm and she was unable to use her red sprinkler...told you can only water once a day..si she has to wait for the full growth time of 4 days....I watered her flowers before harvesting them, so when she watered it should have been for the next growth cycle...so not all is well yet in little farm town..lol

leesac
Sep 03 2011, 08:58 AM
I had posted this in the new release thread before seeing this, I am not sure where it will possibly actually be read so I am posting it here also I hope that's ok.

The way the red sprinkler works really is ridiculous. I just went to one of my farms that has many flowers to harvest and they were ready but wilted, so I had to water them to harvest. Well guess what? After watering they were picked but I am unable to water the new crop with the waterer to decrease the harvest time. I have to WAIT to water until tomorrow. So I WASTED my speed up by watering flowers that were mature, of course having no choice in the matter if I wanted to unwilt them, and I now CANNOT water my new crop of flowers. I want my farmcash back!

Betty Jo Petty
Sep 03 2011, 08:59 AM
I read about a brown watering can last night, but can't find it anywhere???

AZHorseLady
Sep 03 2011, 01:00 PM
I tried the red sprinkler this morning on my farm 10 for beets and it worked great. I didn't know you could only use it once a day per farm, but that understandable and ok. So, then I figured I'd try it again on a different farm and planted potatoes on Farm 6. I keep getting the message that farms can only be watered once a day.....hmmm. Does that mean you can only use the red sprinkler once a day period? Please help...Once a day per farm would be acceptable, but once a day between all 11 farms? That would suck.
Please clarify.....
p.s.
Love the Upgrades overall!!!

Bonnie Jo
Sep 03 2011, 03:06 PM
Just a little FYI if you had not already bought the brown sprinkler when the red one came out you would have had to buy it before you could buy the red sprinkler. So while it may not really be needed anymore it is still required to have before you can buy the red sprinkler.
I am not a newbie at this game and I am well aware of that. For me, the brown sprinkler still is indeed needed and I still resent the fact they took away a tool that cost 45 FC and along with it the option to JUST water my flowers.

Just my opinion and the devs need to know that not everyone is thrilled with the changes they made.

Tiger
Sep 03 2011, 07:44 PM
For those of you still unsure of how the red sprinkler works and may have missed the recent updates to it, i will try to clarify..........

Here's how the red sprinkler works..........

It only works on crops and flowers and only on the crops/flowers planted at that time.

It can only be applied once every 20hrs per farm. Make sure that your avatar is not busy doing something else when you try to irrigate, or it will not be applied.

It must be applied when flowers/crops are still in the growing process. Fields must be planted before you use it, and it won't work on crops that are showing ready to be harvested.

Once you have used the red sprinkler, it will double the speed of the remaining time left for the crop to become ready. So even if you planted them hours ago, it will still double the speed.

The time for the crops to waste remains the same as it was before you used the red sprinkler. So, even if you double the growth speed unintentionally by reviving your flowers, you will have the same time as before to harvest your crops, this effectively removes the need to have the brown water sprinkler in the toolbox or storage. Hovering over a crop that is ready to harvest will show you how long until they die, "Wasted in xx days/hours".

To check if you have used the sprinkler on a crop, hover over that crop and you will see...
1. what the crop is.
2. how long until they are ready to harvest.
3. (W) which indicates that the crops have been sped up. If you see (F,W) it means that the farm is also fertilised. If you don't see the (W) immediately, just refresh or leave the farm and return.

To check how much time is left until you can use the red sprinkler on any new crops you plant on that farm, open the facility manager and hover over the red sprinkler icon, you will see "Mobile sprinkler, irrigate in xx hours)

If 20hrs as already passed since you last used the red sprinkler to speed up crops on that farm, when you open the facility manager and hover over the red sprinkler it will NOT display any information, which means you can use it again.

jenifoofoo
Sep 03 2011, 07:48 PM
I finally have my tracking down and also have changed how I plant long term crops so the red sprinkler is more useful in that sense. The 20 hour time frame change also helped. I don't like that they made me change the way I plant my farms but I can also live with it.

What I really don't like is the fact that I spent 45 FC for the brown sprinkler. I bought it a few months ago to not only water my neighbors' flowers, but also mine. Now it no longer does anything. I spent another 50 FC for the red sprinkler and the combined action of them is not useful at all for me on how I do my farms.

I don't think anything will change though. They are convinced we don't need the brown sprinkler since they expanded the waste time. I stand by my opinion that there are times I want to water my flowers without having to worry about if it is going to speed up the crops I have already planted but didn't irrigate for some reason or another. If I "inadvertently" water my flowers on that non-irrigated field I am not going to be able to irrigate that field again for another 20 hours even if (for example) the field is ready to harvest in an hour.

I agree. Waste time is not the only concern. Why it's a big deal to leave the brown sprinkler is beyond me. All the other old, useless tools stay there. I have every seeder, for instance, taking up space.

jenifoofoo
Sep 03 2011, 07:51 PM
I had posted this in the new release thread before seeing this, I am not sure where it will possibly actually be read so I am posting it here also I hope that's ok.

The way the red sprinkler works really is ridiculous. I just went to one of my farms that has many flowers to harvest and they were ready but wilted, so I had to water them to harvest. Well guess what? After watering they were picked but I am unable to water the new crop with the waterer to decrease the harvest time. I have to WAIT to water until tomorrow. So I WASTED my speed up by watering flowers that were mature, of course having no choice in the matter if I wanted to unwilt them, and I now CANNOT water my new crop of flowers. I want my farmcash back!

Yeah, the way it is now you can't water your flowers unless you've planted crops that you want to grow faster.

Yet another feature that messes with rotation times and routines. I can't be on here several extra hours because the devs want to be stingy with what I consider to be an expensive tool.

notacheesehead
Sep 05 2011, 10:40 PM
I had the gray/brown mobile sprinkler.
Then I bought the red/yellow crop irrigating/double growing speed sprinkler and now I can't locate the gray/brown one.
Sometimes, I just want to water the flowers and NOT double growing speed on crops - because I WANT the normal speed so I can have a REAL LIFE.
If I buy a replacement gray/brown will it disappear too? :-0

Badlands Farmer
Sep 05 2011, 10:51 PM
I want mine back too. This is the first time that I've upgraded and lost the ability to use the other tools. I don't like it. Tonight I wanted to water my flowers, but I couldn't use the red sprinkler because I have to work tomorrow and if I did the crops would be withered before I got home.

Bonnie Jo
Sep 05 2011, 11:15 PM
I have been using the water can to do my flowers if a neighbor hasn't done them for me. I don't have a lot of flowers so that work around works for me, but I can't imagine doing it that way if I had a whole field of flowers.

I have changed how I plant my crops to take full advantage of the red sprinkler as far as the speeding up the harvest goes but it still upsets me that I had to change how I do things on my farms and that they took away the functionality of an expensive tool.

I also don't like that anyone (meaning someone who isn't a neighbor, I never care if a neighbor does it) can now come to my farms and water my flowers. I used to water a lot of my neighbors' flowers but I don't anymore unless they ask me to. With all the glitches of using the red sprinkler on other farms I don't want to mess them up if they have one of their own.

dorissau
Sep 06 2011, 12:31 PM
The new red sprinkler is a great asset.. but PUT THE OLD ONE IN MY TOOL BOX TOO. Sometimes I just want to water flowers... AND I discovered that if I use the red sprinkler on my flowers, I cannot water any crops I plant later. That is just STUPID, BAD!!

dorissau
Sep 06 2011, 12:44 PM
I am not a newbie at this game and I am well aware of that. For me, the brown sprinkler still is indeed needed and I still resent the fact they took away a tool that cost 45 FC and along with it the option to JUST water my flowers.

Just my opinion and the devs need to know that not everyone is thrilled with the changes they made.

Well I commented in another board, but I say AMEN to all the posts above. This is a MAJOR mistake and needs to be fixed. Put back the brown sprinkler so we can choose and let us use the red sprinkler on crops even if we have watered our flowers.

Daisy Mariposa
Sep 07 2011, 03:45 PM
I wish to add my voice to those who vehemently want to see their brown sprinkler back in the tool box, working as it did before. That is, it WATERED, but did not mess with harvest times. We bought that brown tool with FC. Now it seems to be totally disabled. If I want to water flowers on a farm where there are crops whose harvest time I want to leave as is, I have to resort to the ancient watering can. PLEASE restore the brown sprinkler to its former status: visible on the expanded tool box and as a watering device only. Thank you for listening.

Don't feed the beggers
Sep 07 2011, 07:31 PM
yes I would like the old sprinkler back as well....not overly impressed that I had to spend money on both only to have taken away from me...I paid for it, it was mine, if I wanted to delete it than that should have been my choice, but now as it is, it's money wasted and I don't have 2 sprinkler systems to show for the money I spent. The red one I admit is great but sometimes I just wanna water and NOT speed up that particular field, but now that option has been taken away. I have been watering with the original can but it does take some time...I bought all these tools to save time. (sigh, maybe they will give it back)

smokinbee
Sep 07 2011, 11:53 PM
I love the sprinkler but I paid 50 farmcash for this and after a farm is ready and harvested and plant a new one it should help out for the new planted farm now i have to wait 9 hours before I can use it again.And that was lot of farmcash to spend on that.

*Country Girl
Sep 08 2011, 06:54 AM
I agree smokinbee. I am finding that too and I am wondering if someone else waters your farm then is that stopping you from watering it as well?

Dad Shadow
Sep 08 2011, 07:05 AM
I believe if someone else waters for you it does NOT quicken the harvest time. Would be a shame it your 4 day crop goes to waste whilst you are away. It also makes a mockery of the belt system. I worked for the belts, waiting days for it to happen.

*Country Girl
Sep 08 2011, 11:32 AM
I wish we could use the red sprinkler like the manure spreader. Let it irrigate the whole farm....not just a crop. Also I had to write to my neighbors asking them NOT to water my flowers because if they did then I could not use my red sprinkler on the crops as the farm was already watered for the flowers. I hope this is a glitch and they fix it.
As someone else stated I too do not want strangers from the market coming to my farm and watering....no way to stop them for doing that when they work for you. Then again I could not use the red sprinkler.
Also I too would like the brown sprinkler back in my tool box to water flowers when I do not want to speed harvesting. I now only see it if I go to a neighbors farm and if they have the red sprinkler they don't want me to water flowers.

Simera
Sep 08 2011, 05:14 PM
As we've paid real money to buy the Brown Sprinkler, it shouldn't have been taken away from our tool-box, in any case. I also paid real money to buy the Red Sprinkler, but didn't know that it would stop me from water my flowers separately.
We have A LOT of Tools in Tool-box that we *had* to buy to get the Top-Tool, but we never use them, f course, because of the newer ones is the effective ones. So just *why* remove our Brown Sprinkler that we actually bought?

Please give us back the Tool we paid real money for, Dev's. We need them both.

Regards
Simera

cawgemini
Sep 08 2011, 10:05 PM
I bought the red sprinkler and love it, however, my old flower sprinkler disappeared from my toolbox and I miss it. There are times when I just want to water the flowers and not speed up the crops. I can't do that without the brown sprinkler. I don't even have the watering can anymore. I wrote SK but as yet, haven't had a reply. Has anyone else had this problem?

ghostkitten
Sep 09 2011, 09:17 AM
I love it..No more waiting 3 days for onions or 2 days for rice...And I only do the flowers for the facilities , so speeding the flowers up means I get to put them in the facility quicker...

barbara nixon
Sep 09 2011, 06:00 PM
i love my red sprinkler...only adjustment is get rid of flowers on a farm i wanted to do plots..wasn't hard ..wasn't that many flowers anyway..i have now farms with flowers and farms without..and it work just fine...i can still water my neighbors flowers and it doesn't speed up their time...i've had neighbors water mine and it doesn't seem to matter if i use the red sprinkler on them..it still works..of course they have to need water within the alloted time..as far as crops if i can't use it right then on my crop i can come back later to do it..as i collect my milk 2 times a day it's not that hard to grab the red sprinkler and water...all in farm management my friends..

jeemersmom
Sep 09 2011, 08:40 PM
I want my brown sprinkler back! All other tools remained in my tool box when I bought the upgrade, but the brown sprinkler disappeared when I bought the red one. I tried putting the red one on a farm to see if the brown would again be available to me--but no. I bought the brown one to be able to water all of the flowers on a farm at once. That option is no longer available without accelerating crop growth on that farm. So--$95 later I'm back to using the red blob manual flower watering method. Color me unhappy.

:mad: I too would like to have my brown (silver) sprinkler back. I paid for it and it isn't right that it was just taken away. I should have the option of just watering (brown) or water/speed up growth (red) since I bought and paid for both. Yes, the brown sprinkler is present when I visit a neighbor's farms, but many of my neighbors no longer want someone to water their flowers because that interferes with their use of their red sprinkler. :confused: How do I get my brown sprinkler back for use on MY farms? :confused:

1fritz
Sep 09 2011, 11:31 PM
Ill add my two cents worth..I also want the brown sprinkler back. The red one is fantastic. It does what I bought it to do halve the harvest time on crops.

BUT...like others have said there are time when I just want to water my flowers and NOT speed up harvest times.

Every other tool harvester, chainsaw, even the manure spreader are still in storage and work.

To quote someone else "The one tool we would actually have a use for is taken away".

I truly hope this is an oversight on the part of the Devs, and the will correct this problem.

"I BOUGHT IT I PAID FOR IT AND I WANT IT BACK!!!" don't remember who used that line but it my feeling also.

Fritz

tnbskts
Sep 10 2011, 01:00 AM
I don't have either sprinkler yet, but I'm not going to buy the red one if it means the brown one is disabled. They can say all they like that the red one is an extension of the brown one, but it costs as much as any other individual tool, not the 30 FC amount that extensions usually cost.

I have the 5x5 implements, and I'm glad that buying them didn't disable the 4x4 and smaller ones, because (especially for the plower and seeder) I sometimes need them. In the same way, since the brown and red sprinklers have somewhat different uses, and ESPECIALLY since the brown one cost 45 FC, it's really inconsiderate to remove it. If the extended toolbox is getting full, just make it bigger, don't start taking away implements we've paid the full whack of FC for.

Farm Town has always been really good about letting people play in the way they want to, unlike certain other farm games out there which are getting very dictatorial. This is a surprising and unwelcome development from Farm Town, deciding that people just need to change the way they farm and suck it up rather than letting them keep a tool they paid significant money for.

The other thing that's worrying me about this is the silence from the devs. Last time there was an outcry about something - all the wall posts when the belts were introduced - there was a pretty swift response from the devs. This time, after a week or more, there's dead silence. Not even "we hear you, we're working on it" or even "we hear you and we might do something in the future," just the sort of silence that's rather more characteristic of certain other farm games out there but quite unusual for Farm Town.

tnbskts
Sep 10 2011, 02:59 AM
i love my red sprinkler...only adjustment is get rid of flowers on a farm i wanted to do plots..wasn't hard ..wasn't that many flowers anyway..i have now farms with flowers and farms without..and it work just fine...

That's fine for you, but some of us do have farms with flowers and plots together, sometimes a lot of flowers, and we have them that way deliberately. Part of the fun of the game is landscaping with trees, flowers, decorations, and plots; if one of the tools makes this impossible, then it's a problem with the tool and it should be fixed.

jenifoofoo
Sep 10 2011, 03:19 AM
yes, I want to water my flowers w/o speeding up crops. SINCE we can only do it once per 20 hours.

the best fix is actually to let the RS water the FARM not just the crops. Problem solved.

Chris Frost
Sep 10 2011, 10:43 AM
I quickly read through the posts in this thread. It seems like a lot of people here agree. We like the idea of the red sprinkler to halve growing times, but limiting its use to once a day is bad planning on the part of the FT Developers.

If I plant anything with a 1 day or less growing time, then sprinkle, I can't use the sprinkler again for the next crop until the next FT day. That sucks!! The manure spreader isn't limited in this way. So why the restriction with the sprinkler?

Come on FT Developers. You can see the sense in the argument... Either make it so the sprinkler can be used after each successive new crop regardless of the time elapsed, or give us half our money back please.

Mr. H
Sep 10 2011, 11:57 AM
I'm ok with only being able to use the red sprinkler once a day. It adds a new and challenging element to the game. But, I would like to see the brown sprinkler back and to be able to use it without affecting my ability to use the red sprinkler.

WineGolfer
Sep 11 2011, 05:47 AM
Just spent $50FT on the new sprinkler and it works great but why did it have to replace the old sprinkler? Now I have no way to water just my flowers, except to use the old baby sprinkler. Since we bought 2 mobile sprinklers we should be able to use both. Suppose you just want to water flowers and not cut the farm harvest time in half?? Please return the old sprinkler too.

PeepsPlace
Sep 11 2011, 12:25 PM
Not sure if this is where I am supposed to post this....
I have been playing FT EVERYDAY for over 3 years now and I usually just roll with the flow.
But today I am quite disappoionted. I would think for a total of $95.00 one should be told before purchasing the 2 sprinklers just to water their farms, that it is only good for ONE PLANTING PER DAY, NOT ONE DAY! I found this to be very misleading.
Now I wonder, if I watered cotton today do I water it again tomorrow, and will it cut the harvest time again?

Don't feed the beggers
Sep 11 2011, 01:48 PM
I have been playing FT EVERYDAY for over 3 years now and I usually just roll with the flow.
But today I am quite disappoionted. I would think for a total of $95.00 one should be told before purchasing the 2 sprinklers just to water their farms, that it is only good for ONE PLANTING PER DAY, NOT ONE DAY! I found this to be very misleading.
Now I wonder, if I watered cotton today do I water it again tomorrow, and will it cut the harvest time again?

no it will only cut in half 1 time...you can water once a day but it will only water the crop thats there even if you replant in that 24 hr span...your best bet is to read the many posts on this very issue.

Taz D
Sep 11 2011, 05:44 PM
They did tell you that you can only water once per day as in this quote from the release announcement:
You can irrigate a plant more than once, but it's growth speed will only double the first time. As before, you can irrigate only once per day.
You other question is answered there. So no it won't do any good to water the cotton again.

al_bundy
Sep 11 2011, 05:49 PM
Be patient guys there is suggestions in the works on improving the sprinkler system whilst it cant be guaranteed that the current system will change it is being considered.

Happy Farming

WineGolfer
Sep 11 2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks Al Bundy

tcpie55
Sep 11 2011, 06:16 PM
my concern is, I had to water so they could be harvested, but 1/2 day later, after I plant, I can't water to just irrigate, not right as afar I am concerned, I should be able to water then irrigate after if I have to

1fritz
Sep 11 2011, 06:32 PM
Be patient guys there is suggestions in the works on improving the sprinkler system whilst it cant be guaranteed that the current system will change it is being considered.

Happy Farming

Thanks for the "hint".. I did not care for the red sprinkler at first, and resented the fact the brown had been taken away. BUT.....after playing with it a while it seems to be a matter of getting my head around how it works. Takes some thought on planting and when you really need to water flowers. It's not as bad I as I originally thought.

Fritz

KathyK
Sep 12 2011, 11:56 AM
It's much too expensive, so I don't have it. I wouldn't want everything on a farm to necessarily grow 2x as fast, and I would miss the brown sprinkler. I suggest you find a better, less-expensive solution.

Happy pants
Sep 12 2011, 02:23 PM
wow, am I glad I didn't buy this thing.... it sounds like a giant PITA. :)

pythonis
Sep 12 2011, 02:34 PM
Simple. It should not be that way since we PAID for it! We should get full use!
Lot of things in the game we paid for but aren't allowed to do things with. Im pretty sure this sprinkler was NOT intended to be a "Level up quick" tool but i think a lot of players are wanting it to be just that. It was explained at the start "use once per day". Not difficult to understand, imo.

pythonis
Sep 12 2011, 02:38 PM
Umm, couldnt you just ask a neighbor or someone in the market to water your flowers for you?

katrina719
Sep 12 2011, 06:32 PM
So happy that I didn't buy that thing!!

cem251
Sep 12 2011, 09:33 PM
So if you don't need the brown sprinkler anymore, why should you have to buy it to get the red sprinkler? Just a dumb idea, but that makes sense to me, just because other people had bought it before doesn't mean if we want the red sprinkler now and didn't have it that we should have to buy both just for one to disappear right after you buy it.

Here's another stupid question, I used the red sprinkler on crops that said they had 1 day left, not 1.2 or whatever 1 day and then it said it had 12 hours left, what happened to the 20 hour days, that doesn't make sense. If I knew it was going to do that I wouldn't have used it on it because now it will have been a waste of my time.

Animedevildog
Sep 13 2011, 07:00 AM
In order to harvest all my flowers, I had to water them.
After I was done with all my flowers, I went and planted a 4 day crop. I went to irrigate them, and I was informed that flowers cannot be watered more than once a day.

Now, this seems to me to be kinda rediculous how it is set up.

How about making the crop irrigator something that is seperate from watering your flowers, so if you happen to have someone come buy and water your flowers, or if you do it yourself, you can STILL irrigate your crops.

Because of this, when I get back on Thursday, I will STILL be waiting for my crops to grow, where as if I could have irrigated my crops, I would have had them ready for me.

Good idea Farm Town, just could have been executed better

dianedrayson
Sep 17 2011, 12:11 PM
I LOVE the irrigator, but I want my mobile waterer as well. There are some farms that I don't want to irrigate but I DO want to water the flowers. I'm tired of going onto those farms and looking at dead flowers because I can no longer water my own farms without speeding up production of trees. (I have my farms all nicely calibrated so all 2-day trees are ready one day, 3-day trees the next, and so on. If I irrigate the farms that have decorative flowers as well - around the homestead area - then it will spoil my production plans.)

pythonis
Oct 02 2011, 09:33 PM
I dont know why ppl are having such a problem with the red sprinkler. I got it after the bugs were fixed and I havent had a bit of problems with it.

Only irrigate crops that are 2 day or longer unless an emergency.

If your flowers need watered either use your watering can or ask a neighbor/market worker to water them for you.

If your crops are ready but the flowers arent go ahead and harvest your crops and irrigate the new crops. It wont affect anything as far as your flowers are concerned.

Its hard to explain but trust me theres no problems with it. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Taz D
Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
This thread is for old closed General Feedback threads.

susme48
Oct 16 2011, 05:44 PM
I broke down and bought orange sprinkler...and was immediately about to get p.o.ed when I used it....the plants and crops showed a change...the trees not.....HOWEVER, in the spirit of fairness and such, I refreshed the farm, and low and behold quite a few of the trees were no longer tomorrow's harvest, but ready now. Just thought I 'd mention it....I don't mind refreshing to be able to harvest them now...lol

I wished I had bought it earlier, as most of my farms were already watered. I went to the next farm to see when it was time to irrigate, and found all of tomorrow's trees ready now? Sweet if it works that way...totally rocks!! It shows the non-ready trees as watered and the harvested ones just as fertilized....which if it is working the way I think will mean that every time you water a crop or flowers to speed things up, your trees will be covered...so there would be no need to figure in your trees to the equations, IF I understand what I am seeing right now as correct and not a weird glitch. I hope it is right, 'cause I like it!!!

I also noticed that the chopped trees are showing ready to harvest in a few minutes, and I don't believe they ever gave a clue as to when they would be ready to chop; a few that I planted earlier today and chopped, are showing 9+ hrs to harvest, and the cork will be ready in two hours...amazing!

IF this is now the way it will work...I think the devs gave us A LOT with this update...it should mean more room, unless I am crazy....since it should take less trees to keep the amounts where one has them now. I have sooooooooooooooo many trees...I will wait and see, but it would be lovely to get rid of some....I don't even mind the loss of coins....it would be worth it to have more room to decorate or plant or whatever!!

I have now gone from a happily addicted farmer to potentially an ecstatic addicted farmer...have a feeling it is good that I live alone right now....lol If not a farmer, anyone else would not understand the euphoria and crazed actions of this old lady!! lol

Hope this is good news for many of you!! :)

PS....as an experiment, as a few trees on one farm were not showing watered...I watered another farm a bit early, as it had a crop that would not be ready until tomorrow, and halved the time till chopping. Then on the next farm I found more trees ready and showing watered. It may take some experimenting to figure out...but so far I am very hopeful!

JAS0643
Oct 16 2011, 07:30 PM
I broke down and bought orange sprinkler...and was immediately about to get p.o.ed when I used it....the plants and crops showed a change...the trees not.....HOWEVER, in the spirit of fairness and such, I refreshed the farm, and low and behold quite a few of the trees were no longer tomorrow's harvest, but ready now. Just thought I 'd mention it....I don't mind refreshing to be able to harvest them now...lol

I wished I had bought it earlier, as most of my farms were already watered. I went to the next farm to see when it was time to irrigate, and found all of tomorrow's trees ready now? Sweet if it works that way...totally rocks!! It shows the non-ready trees as watered and the harvested ones just as fertilized....which if it is working the way I think will mean that every time you water a crop or flowers to speed things up, your trees will be covered...so there would be no need to figure in your trees to the equations, IF I understand what I am seeing right now as correct and not a weird glitch. I hope it is right, 'cause I like it!!!

I also noticed that the chopped trees are showing ready to harvest in a few minutes, and I don't believe they ever gave a clue as to when they would be ready to chop; a few that I planted earlier today and chopped, are showing 9+ hrs to harvest, and the cork will be ready in two hours...amazing!

IF this is now the way it will work...I think the devs gave us A LOT with this update...it should mean more room, unless I am crazy....since it should take less trees to keep the amounts where one has them now. I have sooooooooooooooo many trees...I will wait and see, but it would be lovely to get rid of some....I don't even mind the loss of coins....it would be worth it to have more room to decorate or plant or whatever!!

I have now gone from a happily addicted farmer to potentially an ecstatic addicted farmer...have a feeling it is good that I live alone right now....lol If not a farmer, anyone else would not understand the euphoria and crazed actions of this old lady!! lol

Hope this is good news for many of you!! :)

PS....as an experiment, as a few trees on one farm were not showing watered...I watered another farm a bit early, as it had a crop that would not be ready until tomorrow, and halved the time till chopping. Then on the next farm I found more trees ready and showing watered. It may take some experimenting to figure out...but so far I am very hopeful!

The choped trees always told us how long they took to be ready to harvest. As for not figuring in the trees depends on how you have your farms. I have trees on 2 farms and that is all that is on those farms besides an oil pump. For that reason I do need to look at the times they would be ready to see if I want to buy the orange sprinkler. As far as taking trees out because you don't need as many that depends on how often you load your facilities. With all crops, flowers, and trees cut in half you can load twice as much if you have enough animal products and fish. On the having to reload I have noticed that with my flower farm. I will water the farm and not all the flowers will show the (W) sometimes but on a reload they will all show the (w), I think that is just a glitch and not that big a deal to me. On you trees that where ready not having the (W) that goes away when the crop, tree, or flower is ready to harvest.

candydogs
Oct 19 2011, 01:00 PM
:confused:I bought the brown sprinkler then red then I bought the orange, but when you go In the tools only the orange one shows. Why don't you see all of them In there to be used? Sometimes I just want to water flowers not make all my crops or trees ready faster.

sylvialmartel
Oct 19 2011, 01:55 PM
i love the sprinkler, but can not for the life of me, get it synch together for the crops, trees and flowers.....It cost a lot of FC to upgrade all the way, but I am not happy with the fact that it only sprinkles what is fresh, why can't it be the same as the manure spreader, I don't mind giving the coins to also use it, but please do something about this, since your crops, trees are on a diff time frame from flowers. I feel with the amount spent it should cover all, the same as the manure spreader, if we harvest and it is sprinkled, then it should sprinkle the next harvest as well.....i feel you do a great job for us, but this one tool has a problem. Please give this some consideration ..FIX IT..Thanks

sylvialmartel
Oct 19 2011, 03:29 PM
My brown sprinkler no longer works on my own farm! I paid farm cash for that sprinkler and now I am being told to use the sprinkler can to unwither flowers. Please return use of the brown sprinkler so I can use it... I paid for it! I do not have time to use the blue sprinkler and I do not want to use the red sprinkler until after the flowers are harvested. A neighbor watered but missed some flowers, which I could not see as they were withered and hidden behind the ones ready to harvest. I harvested, irrigated with red sprinkler and then they showed up. Of course they are now out of sync with the rest of the flowers, because I cannot speed them up until tomorrow, provided I can coordinate with my crops ... please fix this.

* give the brown sprinkler back, just like I can still use the other tools I purchased, I want it as an option
*consider changing the red mobile sprinkler to the same rules as the manure spreader. It was advertised to water crops, but it is only once per 20 hours per farm so new crops are not watered..sped up...

Thank you... at least giving me back the brown sprinkler that I paid for would let me work the flowers around the crops to be able to use the red sprinkler at least a little effectively. Now I have to choose between letting my flowers go until I deal with crops or visa versa.

I so agree with you :) each sprinkler should work separate then we have control over what we do, we did pay separate for each tool. If the newest sprinkler would work like the manure spreader that would be great (3days) but we still need to be able to acess our brown sprinkler, I feel they need to go back to the drawning board on this tool and FIX IT PLEASE

sylvialmartel
Oct 19 2011, 03:59 PM
140 FC for all 3 sprinklers, and can not use separate, way to much. i also spent days redoing my farms to put all trees in harvest times, so when i sprinkle them they all come due at same time, per farm. flowers and trees and crops are all different, this just is not working out at all the way i understood it would. i have tried many ways, but can not get all together. PLEASE FIX IT, let us sprinkle each (trees, flowers, and crops) separate, or make it so they are watered for a period of time, like the fertilizer. 140 Farm Cash and all these problems. I love my Farm Town, but at this point i want to scream, normally you all do a great job, but this is a BUST...and we the players, have been busted for 140 Farm Cash for a tool that does not meet the standards to do the job. Our Farming game is suppose to be fun, this is no longer funny. This makes stress. and farming is suppose to be a stress reliever for many, it WAS, but is not now. I sure hope this will be considered as I really don't want to quite my game, as I have lots of real money in this game, but sometimes you just have to cut your losses and learn from it....Trust is broken here, don't think i could ever put a real green back in this game again. Sorry if i have step on a few toes but toes needs to be step on about this.....

leesac
Oct 27 2011, 01:35 PM
I often come to my farm and find that the flowers have wilted, and even though they are ready for harvest I have to water them before I can harvest. I should be able to use my brown sprinkler that I paid farmcash for to water these flowers, so I can then use my red sprinkler after harvest to speed up the growth of the next bunch. Instead I am forced to use the red sprinkler which leaves me unable to speed up growth for 20 hours. Using the blue water can is not a reasonable option when the whole farm is covered with flowers, neither is suggesting that I bother a neighbor.
It is very frustrating that it is set up like this, so frustrating that even though I would like to water trees and speed them up I will NEVER purchase the third sprinkler as long as they function like this. Those three sprinklers should all be available for use, just as the other farmcash equipment that we have purchased. I can still access all my plows, combines, and seeders, so WHY NOT my sprinklers?

Daisy Mariposa
Oct 27 2011, 05:33 PM
I completely agree with all of those who are disgruntled over the fact that our brown and red sprinklers have been rendered useless by buying the orange one. After all, we still have yellow, white, and blue bulldozers along with our green one. I fail to see why Farmtown has decided that upgrading the spinkler should outdate the others we PURCHASED WITH REAL MONEY. Please fix this for us. There seems to be plenty of room on the tool box for all of these upgrades.

jewelsbyrose@aol.com
Oct 29 2011, 06:58 AM
Maybe it would be possible to get some kind of refund on the old tools that we can not use anymore when we replace them with new ones of the same. Just seems unfair to completely loose the old tool which is now useless.

Rickeyn
Oct 31 2011, 12:52 AM
I, too, am disgruntled over the loss of my brown sprinkler. After spending substantial farm cash for the new sprinklers, I have to use my watering can to revive my wilted flowers so I can harvest them and not lose the ability to irrigate my flowers after they are harvested. This tool has not been upgraded in a manner consistent with other tools. I hope this will be rectified soon.

barbara nixon
Oct 31 2011, 10:08 AM
i hate to be the odd one here..but i have yet to need to use the brown sprinkler..i personally don't want everything to come ready at once..i can choose to water or not it depends on what i want to do..i have figured out how to use it to my advantage..i don't waste the daily water feature on the short crops as it serves not purpose..i don't need to get up at 3 am to harvest. i tend to my crops first and whatever comes ready with them is fine..it has been working out fine for me..i'm sure u'all will eventually get ur way so keep up the good work devs..i love this game...

Ms Helpful
Oct 31 2011, 02:10 PM
my red sprinkler is better than sex... ok i dont have a sex life anyway but what i can remember of it the red sprinkler is still the best :D

Vicky Vine
Nov 04 2011, 11:48 AM
Well I'll have to agree with most of the people posting, I would also like to be able to choose between the sprinklers, I don't always want to cut the harvest time, but need to water the flowers

Tiger
Nov 04 2011, 12:35 PM
Interesting reading the comments here. Personally, I like my sprinklers to do everything with one click, but I also woudn't be totally against the idea of just separating one to water flowers.

However i am curious so have a few questions for any of you who want to answer them.........

Is the reason you want a separate sprinkler for watering just flowers because you tend to forget to water them?

If it's not that, why do you not want to speed up growth time of other things? Die time of sped up crops/trees does not change so you still have the same time to harvest as you did before.

Those of you that want them all separated..........
Have you considered that separating them all would have involved going to every farm with each of the different sprinklers to use them? That amounts to quite a bit of extra clicking when you have 11 farms. I can't say i would like to have to do that, but that is just my opinion.

Personally the way i make use of them is to first harvest/chop/plow everything on all farms. Stock up all the facilities, see what i'm short on. After that, I plant what I need and then make the decision on whether or not to speed up growth time. If i don't need crops in a hurry i don't have to irrigate, but if my flowers need the water, then i will, as it makes no difference to me if the crops come ready sooner, the die time not changing, means they can wait.

These are just some of my opinions on the sprinkler, but it might be good to know any more reasons why others don't like they way they currently work.

barbara nixon
Nov 04 2011, 05:20 PM
i love the red sprinkler..now that i've figured it out..i just eliminated the few flowers on a couple farms and made them crop farms only..it works great..cuts growth time of crop in half and we still get the double waste time..so even i u forget when u watered u can hover over crop and it will tell u how long u have left before harvest..it also tells u how much time before waste..farming is all about management of crops..just as in the real world.half the fun for me is managing...the brown one still waters neighbors..i won't begrudge my neighbors to get the 1000 coin to water mine even if it messes up my time..i deal with it..

Dad Shadow
Nov 04 2011, 05:59 PM
Not sure if I have already said, I use my wife's account to water flowers on my farms, and not the red sprinkler, (and mine on hers).
IF I use the sprinkler I make sure it is not on the flower farms. Cutting the time on 3 / 4 / 5 day crops is handy.
The best tool that everyone has is the 'stored amounts' on seeds/trees etc.
You will see what you need SOON, and hopefully plant accordingly.
Just a waste of dollars to buy one sprinkler and loose the old one.
4x4 seeder works best for me, on a 32x32 farm, (8 rows).
That's why I have not bought the 5x5, or the harvest/plow/seeder. I harvest+plow THEN check what I need.
The tools have different uses to all farmers, but, that is how I like to work right now.

NEW players would find all of this hard to understand with a lack of dollars to use, but, hopefully instructive on when to spend or not to spend.

Something a lot of the 'older' players did not have in the begining. (Beta version still ??).

Level 260 +.

Tractor Man
Nov 05 2011, 08:20 AM
Yes the red sprinkler is good.

Yes it was a bad idea to remove the silver or brown sprinkler.

Yes my silver sprinkler is in my storage but if I move it to a farm and use it it acts like a red sprinkler, not what I want.

Yes I want the ability to water flowers only.

Yes devs, please give us our old sprinklers back so we can choose which one to use.

Yes we paid for them and should get to keep them.

Yes lets end these discussions and do the right thing and make us all happy.

Thank you

SandraBAnderson
Nov 08 2011, 10:04 AM
What I'm referring to is [mod edit: outside link removed] weird piece of garbage. Can you take a look at the text, what's with all those confusing capital letters everywhere? :|

Tiger
Nov 08 2011, 10:23 AM
What I'm referring to is [mod edit: outside link removed] weird piece of garbage. Can you take a look at the text, what's with all those confusing capital letters everywhere? :|

Hello,

I have removed the link you supplied as outside links are not permitted to be posted in the forum without prior permission.

If you saw that link in any post in the forum it was probably spam, which we do our best to get rid of as soon as we can.

tnbskts
Nov 10 2011, 01:41 PM
I dont know why ppl are having such a problem with the red sprinkler. I got it after the bugs were fixed and I havent had a bit of problems with it.

Only irrigate crops that are 2 day or longer unless an emergency.

If your flowers need watered either use your watering can or ask a neighbor/market worker to water them for you.

See, this is the problem. Why should we have to do either? We've paid for the brown sprinkler, which is supposed to do that; there's no reason why we should have to go and beg someone to water a bunch of farms for us, or do as other people have suggested and tear the flowers out of our farms with plots and grow them separately. And if we have fully expanded farms with a lot of flowers and plots (like my farms 3 and 6 and to a lesser extent 1 and 4), it's a time-consuming nuisance to use the watering can, to say nothing of adding insult to injury with the knowledge that we've paid 45 Farm Cash for a tool that could have done this with one click but which we don't have access to.

barbara nixon
Nov 10 2011, 04:16 PM
i guess the red sprinkler has stirred up alot of controversy..i get along with it just fine..i wonder how many have an old broken down car they paid a small fortune for sitting rusting away in their yard...progress..folks..i call it progress..i still have my original yellow seeder ..it's housed in the yard with the farm museum..i keep it for sentemental reasons..i just wish they had the camera feature when i first started..would have loved to have a pic of my first farm..lets get on with farming and b done with the complaining..

tnbskts
Nov 10 2011, 11:33 PM
That's fine to say if the current situation suits the way you farm, less so if it doesn't, which seems to be the case for several people in this thread.

Regarding the old seeders and whatnot, I'd be in trouble if my 4x4 seeder had been taken away when I got the 5x5 seeder because some of my farms have the plots in patterns where a 5x5 seeder would create an unholy mess; the only way I could sensibly seed would be to do a bunch of stuff by hand first or junk my patchwork farms. It's fine for people who don't have that problem to say "change the way you farm" or "get over it," but part of the point of Farm Town is to decorate as well as to just churn out crops, and the tools should facilitate what people want to do, not sabotage it.

If a tool is genuinely an upgrade of another tool - that is to say, if it does everything the other tool does and more besides - then I can understand disabling the old tool. But if the new tool does some things the old tool doesn't do, but doesn't do some things the old tool does do, then we should be left with the old tool as well as the new one. Especially when we paid farm cash for the old one, and when the new one is more expensive, not the lower price for an upgraded tool.

From everything I'm reading here, since I have flowers on all my landscaped farms I'm not going to bother with the red sprinkler until I have the option of using the brown sprinkler too. If that means not getting the faster harvest time, I'll put up with it; I'd rather do that than have to redo all my farms so some of them have flowers and others have crops.

rjohn726
Nov 11 2011, 08:39 AM
Actually one needs to read first about what the tool is going to do. I for example didn't and won't get the red let alone the orange sprinkler, as I only want the sprinkler to water the flowers. I am an old fart and don't do anything fast at all, however, I do have a lot of time on my hands and don't even want to think about going faster.

dorissau
Nov 15 2011, 11:25 AM

I totally agree.. they charged us REAL MONEY for the brown sprinkler, then MORE REAL MONEY for the red one and then MORE REAL MONEY for the orange one! Seems like a rip-off to me! I haven't opted for the orange sprinkler because of my dissatisfaction with the brown one being taken without permission. Probably never will buy the orange one and at this time, I'm not buying anything with cash.. only using my billions of coins. I've never been one of the "faster,faster" crowd anyhow, so am just enjoying my farms with what I have. Left that other farm game and have defended the devs in every discussion about needing to buy items to pay their wages. This time, I'm on the other side.. never thought you'd stoop to such greed.

DebLee
Nov 19 2011, 01:31 PM
I would like to see all my sprinklers as available. I feel I paid for each and should have use of each to use as needed or wanted. It makes no sense to make the brown and red unavailable. So actually the orange sprinkler cost 140 farm cash. All the harvesters are available, plows, etc. I sometimes have to let my flowers die because it isn't convenient to shorten the harvest time. Please fix this. I haven't bought the orange sprinkler as yet. I will wait for the brown and red to be available first. I have spent a lot of real cash on this game and have no problem with that as long as I get and keep what I pay for.

kkempke
Nov 26 2011, 08:29 PM
I agree with everyone's comments that we should have access to the older sprinklers - especially for watering flowers.

What I really wish would've been more clear is that you can only water a crop once to speed up growth. Yep, VERY clear that you can only irrigate once per day but it wasn't until I went through all of these comments that I learned you could water a crop (to speed up growth) only one time. I didn't try to do this a lot but on a long holiday weekend was trying to maximize my farming results. (Greedy little sucker! lol) But now the crops won't be ready when I'd initially thought (this weekend) as I'd planted 3-4 day crops on several farms.

A question for clarification - if I am on a neighbor's farm and use the silver sprinkler to water their flowers (the one that shows in the side bar), does it also water their crops? I don't want to mess up their planting/harvesting plans! Can someone let me know?

Thanks!

LeeClements
Nov 26 2011, 08:55 PM
I agree with everyone's comments that we should have access to the older sprinklers - especially for watering flowers.

What I really wish would've been more clear is that you can only water a crop once to speed up growth. Yep, VERY clear that you can only irrigate once per day but it wasn't until I went through all of these comments that I learned you could water a crop (to speed up growth) only one time. I didn't try to do this a lot but on a long holiday weekend was trying to maximize my farming results. (Greedy little sucker! lol) But now the crops won't be ready when I'd initially thought (this weekend) as I'd planted 3-4 day crops on several farms.

A question for clarification - if I am on a neighbor's farm and use the silver sprinkler to water their flowers (the one that shows in the side bar), does it also water their crops? I don't want to mess up their planting/harvesting plans! Can someone let me know?

Thanks!
when you water a neighbors farm it has no efect on growing time, also when you are working from the market and you get to a farm that the flowers need to be watered you can do that too but you will need to refresh the farm after you water it other wise it shows they are ready but really they are not
:)

barbara nixon
Nov 26 2011, 08:57 PM
no..u can't water neighbor field crops nor does watering their flowers speed their growth..i don't have a problem with the red one unless i forget what i'm doing...lol..i don't water a short crop if i'm going to harvest in the am..i could but it would waste my day of water..i've managed to time my watering to what i want done..to water or not is ur choice..sometimes i water and sometimes i don't..u can water once a day..every day at same time..if u want to change the time wait till it's convenient... and it will speed growth..when u put cursor on the red sprinkler it will tell u if u can water and when..sorry i got too windy..i'm done...lol..

sharimom
Nov 27 2011, 05:13 PM
I agree with everyone on here that says that we should be able to keep every tool that we paid real money for. Some people have lives and want to do things quickly, which for me was to hurry and water all my flowers and then come back later and plant my crops. Of course I forgot that now my flowers are watered but I cannot water my crops now. I HATE that! I want to be able to water my flowers without being forced to water hundreds of flowers with the dumb blue sprinkler thing, that's why I got the first sprinkler.

WildRoseBeef
Nov 28 2011, 01:21 PM
Who on here ever waters your employer's flowers in addition to doing the work you've been hired to do?

I do. I see it as not only a little extra cash, but also courtesy as well, since I'm sure they appreciate not having to spend extra coins to water their own flowers. I always do it even when it's not asked for or even if they don't care about whether their flowers get watered or not. ;)

LeeClements
Nov 28 2011, 03:00 PM
Who on here ever waters your employer's flowers in addition to doing the work you've been hired to do?

I do. I see it as not only a little extra cash, but also courtesy as well, since I'm sure they appreciate not having to spend extra coins to water their own flowers. I always do it even when it's not asked for or even if they don't care about whether their flowers get watered or not. ;)

I only water them if I'm hired to harvest them and they need it to be ale to harvest them:)

JAS0643
Nov 28 2011, 06:19 PM

While I wouldn't mind you watering my flowers with 3 billion coins paying 1000 every 3 days is not a problem. Also with the red sprinkler I will have to pay 1000 coins anyway to cut the time on my flowers. Again water my flowers all you want I can still water and cut the time when I need to so not a big deal to me.

Happy pants
Nov 28 2011, 07:40 PM
Oh, can you still water them with the brown sprinkler even if somebody did it with the red one? I've hesitated to water my neighbour's flowers because I didn't want to muck up their schedule.

Papi
Nov 28 2011, 08:54 PM
We can water employers' flowers? Great! Good to know!

JAS0643
Nov 29 2011, 01:36 AM
Oh, can you still water them with the brown sprinkler even if somebody did it with the red one? I've hesitated to water my neighbour's flowers because I didn't want to muck up their schedule.

When the red sprinkler came out if someone watered your flowers and you only had flowers only on that farm you could not water them for 20 hours to speed up growth. That has been fixed and people can water your flowers with the brown sprinkler and you use the red one right behind them.

Happy pants
Dec 01 2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks, Jas.... I won't hesitate to make my employer's flowers look pretty now. :)

notacheesehead
Dec 08 2011, 10:47 AM
Thank you for giving us back the brown mobile sprinklers! :D

notacheesehead
Dec 08 2011, 10:50 AM
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for giving us back the brown mobile sprinkler for those times when I do not want/my real life (yes, I have one) schedule doesn't allow for rapid growing crops :-)

Tygered
Dec 08 2011, 11:00 AM
Maybe I'm the only one who thinks it is unfair that if you are at max level, such as the old 260 level, then when the new level comes out, all those people immediately become the new level. Example would be 260 becomes 285 immediately. Many of my neighbors did that and this means they can buy all the items up to level 285 immediately.

This is unfair to those of us who slog through each and every level, but simply don't have the time to get to the max level before a new one comes out. I've seen this happen ever since the first max level which was about 60 or so. Those people have never had to "earn" a new level since that time. They simply jump to the new max when the new max comes out.

So call this a rant if you want, but I don't think I'm the only one who sees this and thinks it is unfair. Besides in a way, these people are not really playing the game and earning the new items and new levels in my opinion.

Queen.of.Clutter
Dec 08 2011, 11:08 AM
Sorry, but those of us who 'automatically' level up HAVE EARNED IT!! We have "SLOGGED" through the levels also.... We have just earned it before you .... when you level up, you get one Farm Cash and the options to buy items previously locked. We have done that also, but at the max level, we keep working and working and working and don't see that extra Farm Cash, or things unlocked, until the new release. Then, I just get it all at once. The only difference between you and I is that you are doing it at a different pace than I am, that's all. We are doing the same work, I personally am an over-achiever, so when I farm .... I REALLY FARM !! LOL!

crafty chris
Dec 08 2011, 11:11 AM
Maybe I'm the only one who thinks it is unfair that if you are at max level, such as the old 260 level, then when the new level comes out, all those people immediately become the new level. Example would be 260 becomes 285 immediately. Many of my neighbors did that and this means they can buy all the items up to level 285 immediately.

This is unfair to those of us who slog through each and every level, but simply don't have the time to get to the max level before a new one comes out. I've seen this happen ever since the first max level which was about 60 or so. Those people have never had to "earn" a new level since that time. They simply jump to the new max when the new max comes out.

So call this a rant if you want, but I don't think I'm the only one who sees this and thinks it is unfair. Besides in a way, these people are not really playing the game and earning the new items and new levels in my opinion.

sorry i disagree we still work to 'earn' new levels even if it does not look like it .. i reached level 260 a few days after the new levels were out due to real life events i worked (yes worked) by harvest plowing and planting filling facilities and clients and working other peoples farms etc (something i dont normally do) imagine my surprise when the new levels came out i was level 285 and im still working on my farms ok i could stop and wait for the new levels to come out but farming is helping me forget my problems and if i pass the levels again ill be a happy bunny :)

Queen.of.Clutter
Dec 08 2011, 11:16 AM
Yes !!!!! I didn't even notice that !!!! THANK YOU !! I was too busy with the expansions, LOL!!! I REALLY missed that brown sprinkler ! Getting tired of hand watering all of my flowers, when not ready to 'water' the whole farm.

Awesome, thank you developers !

mehere
Dec 08 2011, 11:33 AM
same here as you need a set amount of xps for a level as we top out we carry on working for the xps we earn them before any update comes out hence when the levels go up we already have the work done the only different is some still have work to do for the levels some have done the work first i remember the red mansion being the biggest best thing to have and that was with level 34 being the top level

amfdavis21003
Dec 08 2011, 11:50 AM

So those of us that have been playing faithfully pretty much non-stop for almost 3 years are some how not "doing our part"? or not "earning our levels"? Please tell me you are joking. I have "earned" everything my level 285 has given me in the past 2.5 years. Even spent real money on this game because I enjoy this game and the fact that if I want, I could play with no help from others. Just because you are not playing at the same pace or intensity as others, don't assume that they are somehow doing less work than you.

Dutch85
Dec 08 2011, 12:19 PM

There is no such thing as an "automatic leveling up". We who are top level work while our level stays the same til the new levels come out. Maybe you think we should stop til you catch up? Who would have the advantage then??:confused:

Ms Helpful
Dec 08 2011, 03:14 PM
I actually think we those who automatically level up are at a disadvantage because we get our fc in one go but thats it till the next update. Therefore we can only buy fc items with real cash unless we wait till next update. Whereas you can continue to buy.

So I appreciate it may seem unfair for you but I think you have the advantage.

tnbravesgirl
Dec 09 2011, 12:11 AM

SERIOUSLY !
I have worked extremely hard to get to the level I am and the experience points/coins that I have. I have been working it faithfully since March 2009..... Look at your level and look at mine. I noticed on your farms you have facilities but not loaded and the amounts produced doesnt look like your neighbors are working them for you....I am probably wrong on that...just my observation. Facilities are in my opinion the way to increase your experience points quickly.....doesnt work tho unless you have neighbors working them daily and you working theirs. It is not uncommon for those that have facilities and work them faithfully to rise between 100,000 and 200,000 exp points when all facilities are loaded....easy to make 100 million when emptying the production. Your farms have a lot of pretty items on them...mine are working farms. I dont have houses and churches, etc. but that is my preference as it is yours. A working farm will always have greater exp points/coins just for that reason. Happy Farming

dorissau
Dec 09 2011, 04:51 AM
Thank you, thank you for restoring my brown sprinkler. You have renewed my faith in your honesty & integrity ... which suffered when you did the brown sprinkler faux pas.

Dad Shadow
Dec 09 2011, 07:40 AM
To reach the TOP, any game/sport, you work HARD.
Hard work brings results.
I EARN my results.
Read your replies and LEARN.. they WILL help you.

katrina719
Dec 09 2011, 09:46 PM
Why do people think that WE were jumped levels? They think that just because you reach 285 at around 7 million XP, that's it? I had enough XP accumulated that when level 285 came up, my XP could have taken me to 340 if that was opened up.

Am I supposed to sit back and relax waiting for the next level release? Bwwaahahaha!! :D It ain't gonna happen.

I only have 5 out of 12 farms with crops, partially, 7 are decor, 3 of them functional, as I mostly decorate.

So, how did I get this far? By working really hard, not for the XP. XP are useless numbers and buy you nothing. but my work bought me and maxed me all 12 farms with coins.

Learn how to play the game, is my suggestion.

Oh, by the way I play 2 hours every night, and 2-3 hours on a weekend, I put out facilities once a week these days, earn some 180 million... and I dislike crappy farms and a gazillion XP. :rolleyes: :p :D

chuckfreeman
Dec 10 2011, 10:09 AM
I love the sprinkler but I paid 50 farmcash for this and after a farm is ready and harvested and plant a new one it should help out for the new planted farm now i have to wait 9 hours before I can use it again.And that was lot of farmcash to spend on that.

I agree that was a lot of farmcash to spend and have it's use limited to once a day!! :mad:

LeeClements
Dec 10 2011, 11:34 AM
I agree that was a lot of farmcash to spend and have it's use limited to once a day!! :mad:

seems fair to me!, the manure spreader can only be used once in 3 days:D

chuckfreeman
Dec 10 2011, 11:42 AM
Your response does not apply in any way to the mobile sprinkler problem if you really think about it

LeeClements
Dec 10 2011, 11:48 AM
Your response does not apply in any way to the mobile sprinkler problem if you really think about it

Your right, I do not have a problem with the mobile sprinkler operation!:rolleyes:

rjohn726
Jan 02 2012, 02:31 AM
Farm Town friends & neighbors, just a note:

In this last update of Farm town we are getting more space on our farms and that has caused me to change my methods. I will still update my facilities and services and post them every third day. More space is a benefit; however, I still need a lot of stuff from my farms.

I also bought the Orange Sprinkler, primarily for my trees and flowers and secondarily for the crops to bring those all in on a faster cycle. I don’t get more; I just get the results of those faster. But I will still need three days to get all the stuff I need to post.

With the new farms (Farm 13 etc.) in the future; I will layer less & less, as those farms will provide more farming space. I already have three farms with no crops and I utilize those farms for the buildings and the lakes, ocean fronts and other such as well as flowers and trees. I now am moving more stuff that are not crops to those three farms because they are now bigger thus making more space in those other 9 farms, which are also bigger, for crops, and that is also a benefit to me.

Just to let you all know. Playing Farm Town still takes a lot of my time, but it for me is a wonderful game, however, in the future, for me, time is paramount and I will devote and can devote only so much time to this game.

Great Scott
Jan 26 2012, 08:02 AM
The watering should be for each CROP, not each farm......I had to split a farm into 2 different crops and today I cannot water the shorter termed one....I needed it done in 2 hours...Would that be possible to program into the system >???????
That would be a GREAT HELP !! Thanks ann

BamaNana
Feb 01 2012, 01:30 PM

Amen! I was under the impression (mistaken, obviously) that the sprinkler would work the way the manure spreader does. I even did a search and tried to figure out how to make it work for multiple crops. The answer said to sprinkle BEFORE planting. So I planted one plot of watermelons, sprinkled, then planted the rest of the farm in watermelons. Guess what? Only the one plot will be ready in half the time. Sometimes I have several short crops I'd like to plant/harvest and get them in my storage. Doesn't work with sprinkler. If I plant say, a 12 hour crop, harvest it, then another 12 hour crop, the second crop will take the full 12 hours and I can't re-sprinkle. $50 FC is a lot to spend for less than optimum use. Not pleased.

rjohn726
Feb 01 2012, 01:45 PM
Amen! I was under the impression (mistaken, obviously) that the sprinkler would work the way the manure spreader does. I even did a search and tried to figure out how to make it work for multiple crops. The answer said to sprinkle BEFORE planting. So I planted one plot of watermelons, sprinkled, then planted the rest of the farm in watermelons. Guess what? Only the one plot will be ready in half the time. Sometimes I have several short crops I'd like to plant/harvest and get them in my storage. Doesn't work with sprinkler. If I plant say, a 12 hour crop, harvest it, then another 12 hour crop, the second crop will take the full 12 hours and I can't re-sprinkle. $50 FC is a lot to spend for less than optimum use. Not pleased.
Well I harvest crops, plant crops, Harvest the trees and flowers, and then water that farm and it does a fine job for that farm, however only one time a day.

Therefore If I want to plant 4 hour, 8 hour, and 12 hour crops all in one day, after harvesting crops, trees and flowers on that farm I plant the 8 hour crop water that crop along with the trees and flowers first, then in 4 hours I harvest that crop and plant the other 4 hour crop, and in 4 hours it's ready to be harvested without being watered, and I plant the 12 hour crop not watered for tomorrow morning.

That all works fine for me.

BamaNana
Feb 01 2012, 02:44 PM
rjohn, I'm glad that works for you, and eventually I guess I'll get used to it. It's just that it seems to me that sprinkling should work the same way as the manure spreader...for as long as a farm is fertilized, it gives you twice the amount you would get if it weren't fertilized. Following that logic, you'd think the sprinkler would work the same way...for as long as the farm is watered, your crops are ready for harvest in half the time. Makes sense to me anyway.

HelenJS22
Feb 01 2012, 05:35 PM

I really don't think the point of that sprinkler was to let us use it willy nilly over all crops at all times. It is designed as a strategic tool and we are meant to use our brains :eek: when deciding if and when to use it.

BamaNana
Feb 03 2012, 09:19 PM
Gee, why didn't I think of that??? I thought paying for it would give me the right to use it willy nilly if I chose.

Lee Ann
Feb 23 2012, 10:22 AM
Speaking of flowers and since I am not sure of any other posts with this questions can ayone tell me how many of each flower I need to plant to fill the flower shop? I wnet thru search but didn't find the answer , sorry if I missed it , thanks , I love Farm Town and all the challenges it presents, the devs and moderators keep it rocking !!!

Daisy Mariposa
Feb 23 2012, 11:56 AM
I wish I could answer your question. I had to keep planting flowers by the farmload until I managed to stuff that flower shop to capacity. Even now I come up just short, mainly due to a missing bird of paradise, so I keep planting more. I even have a farm dedicated to posies, which isn't enough on its own. So happy planting!

Lee Ann
Feb 24 2012, 09:39 AM
:( I am not a flower person so maybe I just better sell the flower shop and be done with it , seems more work and wasted space to me then it is worth , but thanks anyway :p

Deborah1979
Feb 24 2012, 04:34 PM
:( I am not a flower person so maybe I just better sell the flower shop and be done with it , seems more work and wasted space to me then it is worth , but thanks anyway :p

:) Hi there! I hope that I can answer your question. I have been playing for over 2 years and have all kinds of personal spread sheets! :eek: Yes, fully addicted. (You can actually figure this out for yourself. Just look at how many are required for EACH batch, then multiply by the number of batches to fill the flower shop. ;)) So here goes my calculations:
To fully load the flower shop you need:

720 of the Sunflowers, Tulips, & White Carnations
1440 of the Bird of Paradise, Blue Hyacinth, Marigold, & Red Poppies
1440 of the Plant Pots
2880 of the Forget-Me-Nots
3600 of the Yellow Lillies
5040 of the Red Roses
5760 of the White Roses

Just remember, that if you have the manure spreader, it will double your harvest. And if should happen to have the red sprinkler, I understand that cuts the harvest from 4 days for flowers to 2. Just keep harvesting for a few days, and gather any bonuses your neighbors post, and soon you will have excess and be able to fully load the facility.

Sorry, I know this is off-subject, but I have read all of the previous 12 pages trying to figure out if I really want to buy the red sprinkler! LOL

Deborah

Daisy Mariposa
Feb 24 2012, 04:48 PM
Thank you SO much for your precise, concise reply. I knew I needed a LOT, but never knew the exact quantity. I think the red and orange sprinklers are worth the real money outlay. I can't imagine waiting 4 days for ANYTHING to mature. Also thumbs up on the manure spreader.

Sayso
Feb 27 2012, 11:07 AM
The only problem I've noticed with this tool is that sometimes after I've watered all of my farms before signing off for the night, when I log on the next morning The (w) has disappeared and the crops are at the normal growth rate.

farmtownpatty
Mar 13 2012, 06:06 PM
I have a very hard time with this forum, it is not user friendly. I am questioning the new green sprinkler. Are you saying it is going to replace the orange one...so does that mean it will be changing to longer growing periods instead of a shorter growing periods. I don't get it. Why can't we have both? Confused!

farmtownpatty
Mar 13 2012, 06:09 PM
I have a very hard time with this forum, it is not user friendly. I am questioning the new green sprinkler. Are you saying it is going to replace the orange one...so does that mean it will be changing to longer growing periods instead of a shorter growing periods. I don't get it. Why can't we have both? Confused!

Taz D
Mar 13 2012, 06:18 PM
The growing period would be the same as the red or orange sprinkler, but the wasted time after they are ready would be extended.

HelenJS22
Mar 13 2012, 06:32 PM
The growing period would be the same as the red or orange sprinkler, but the wasted time after they are ready would be extended.

This would be great if you were going away and just not going to quite make it back in time, but not sure that it's worth the farm cash for only that reason.

KnightRider
Mar 13 2012, 08:45 PM
The new release notes says that the green sprinkler will replace the orange sprinkler, so that means that the green sprinkler will water crops; cut growing time of crops, flowers, and trees; and extend the gone to waste time? Also since it says it will replace instead of up grade the orange sprinkler, can the orange sprinkler be sold after you purchase the green sprinkler?

I can see the green sprinkler used for small growing times up to like 12 hrs, to extend the time to make sure your either like home from work or awake from bed, but over that you should have enough time unless like Helen said you are going to be gone for a while.

AZHorseLady
Mar 14 2012, 05:31 PM
I'm a wee bit confused too. So you must have to use the green sprinkler BEFORE crops are finished growing to extend the waste time? I just tried it on crops that were finished and it didn't do a thing......And since the orange one is gone, you now have crops that grow in 1/2 the time, but will be extended past the original waste time?
Either way I think I'm gonna love it, especially for the 4 & 8 hour crops.

Raine Logan
Mar 14 2012, 09:55 PM
azhorselady - i haven't even tried mine out yet but i imagine it works the same way as the orange one did. one squirt per day and if you miss crops you wanted it to work on then that's too bad, lol..

supertrucker
Mar 14 2012, 10:05 PM
did they make a sprinkler available for nothing, or is there a glitch? i went to work a neighbor's facilities, and i paused to water her flowers -- the watering can wasn't in the toolbox, but a sprinkler was... back on my own farm, both tools are there, the can and the sprinkler... am i missing something? i don't remember unlocking a free sprinkler tool, i don't remember getting one as a gift, and i know i didn't buy one; is this one of those 'try before you buy' gimmicks?? i thought slashkey was better than that...

Raine Logan
Mar 14 2012, 10:08 PM
This would be great if you were going away and just not going to quite make it back in time, but not sure that it's worth the farm cash for only that reason.

you're quite right helen. it's not worth real money. only rich people will pay real cash for it. how many rich people play farm town?

lred300
Mar 21 2012, 07:38 PM
I am quite upset over everyone getting the sprinkler for free when many of us paid FC for it, so what do those of us that bought get in return?

Don't feed the beggers
Mar 25 2012, 07:29 AM
The sprinkler doesn't unwither wasted crops, it only delays the waste time correct?

If I wanted to plant grapes and other 4 hr crops at 6am and water them right after I plant them, what time would they waste?

The weather is getting nicer which means i will be outside more and therefor will not be at my computer as often but yet I still want to have my quest farms ready for each morning.

Tony D
Mar 25 2012, 07:45 AM
The sprinkler doesn't unwither wasted crops, it only delays the waste time correct?

If I wanted to plant grapes and other 4 hr crops at 6am and water them right after I plant them, what time would they waste?

The weather is getting nicer which means i will be outside more and therefor will not be at my computer as often but yet I still want to have my quest farms ready for each morning.Hifor crops under one day it increases the time before waste by 24 hours so roughly 2 p.m. the following day.

And no it will not unwither crops

Don't feed the beggers
Mar 25 2012, 07:49 AM
for crops under one day it increase the time before waste by 24 hours so roughly 2 p.m. the following day

awesome thank you!! I misunderstood how it went, I had thought that for crops with less than an hr to go it would extend for 24 hrs and for crops with 2 hrs or more it would extend for 48hrs ..

but it doesn't rescue already dead crops right? I am in an disagreement with someone who says it does and I say it doesn't.

Tony D
Mar 25 2012, 08:10 AM
awesome thank you!! I misunderstood how it went, I had thought that for crops with less than an hr to go it would extend for 24 hrs and for crops with 2 hrs or more it would extend for 48hrs ..

but it doesn't rescue already dead crops right? I am in an disagreement with someone who says it does and I say it doesn't.

Hi , The green sprinkler does not unwither crops :D

for 1 day crops or less .. it adds 24 hours to the time before the crop goes to waste

All other crops it add 48 hours.

Don't feed the beggers
Mar 25 2012, 09:43 AM
another question about the same tool

if I go into another persons farm (to harvest flowers) and water their flowers to harvest these flowers, as soon as they are watered they show as done, so I do em but when I refresh they show that they need anywhere from a few hrs to a day or so to be ready to harvest, but yet yet they showed ready when watered.......not sure if I am explaining it right, as ell I will go into someone farms flowers are already water and it shows them as needing 1 more minute or 2 but you can still harvest em, so you do, go back and they are ready again!!! what's up with this?

Tony D
Mar 25 2012, 09:52 AM
another question about the same tool

if I go into another persons farm (to harvest flowers) and water their flowers to harvest these flowers, as soon as they are watered they show as done, so I do em but when I refresh they show that they need anywhere from a few hrs to a day or so to be ready to harvest, but yet yet they showed ready when watered.......not sure if I am explaining it right, as ell I will go into someone farms flowers are already water and it shows them as needing 1 more minute or 2 but you can still harvest em, so you do, go back and they are ready again!!! what's up with this?There is a glitch with some of the flowers , the developers have been advised

drr30
Mar 31 2012, 07:57 AM
This upgrade been out for a month and I still don't see the logic of the green sprinkler. Your buying a sprinkler to speed up growth, why would you want to extend the waste time. When the red Sprinkler came out they doubled the waste time Raspberry that take two hours take one hour to grow after being watered and 3 hours after that before being wasted. As for the posts about time issues grow crops that take longer and when you have time grow the faster crops. For me the Red sprinkler is more than enough for my needs, when they come up with a sprinkler to harvest wool or horse hair then i'm a buyer again.

KnightRider
Mar 31 2012, 02:03 PM
This upgrade been out for a month and I still don't see the logic of the green sprinkler. Your buying a sprinkler to speed up growth, why would you want to extend the waste time. When the red Sprinkler came out they doubled the waste time Raspberry that take two hours take one hour to grow after being watered and 3 hours after that before being wasted. As for the posts about time issues grow crops that take longer and when you have time grow the faster crops. For me the Red sprinkler is more than enough for my needs, when they come up with a sprinkler to harvest wool or horse hair then i'm a buyer again.

It helps for the quick growing crops, if you have to go to work you can still plant the 2 or 4 hr crops and they will still be ok when you get home that night instead of having to wait by the computer for these crops to be ready. It would help on the farmers that have the quest crops by extending how long before they have to harvest.

drr30
Mar 31 2012, 11:30 PM
It helps for the quick growing crops, if you have to go to work you can still plant the 2 or 4 hr crops and they will still be ok when you get home that night instead of having to wait by the computer for these crops to be ready. It would help on the farmers that have the quest crops by extending how long before they have to harvest.

My point is why not plant and 8 hour crop don't use the sprinkler go to work harvest that crop when you get home. plant a 2 or 4 hour crop when you get home use the sprinkler then and the crops are ready in 1 to 2 hours and you get the advantage of having an extra 8 hour crop.

samsmum
Apr 02 2012, 08:59 PM
My point is why not plant and 8 hour crop don't use the sprinkler go to work harvest that crop when you get home. plant a 2 or 4 hour crop when you get home use the sprinkler then and the crops are ready in 1 to 2 hours and you get the advantage of having an extra 8 hour crop.

Thats all very good if you have time to plant before you go to work but not everyone does...I pointed out to my husband the green sprinkler would be good for him because he often does not have time to plant the 2 or 4 hour crops and he is not very good at planning what he needs in advance. With the green sprinkler he wouldnt have to wait until the weekend to get those crops planted when we are tying to do stuff together as a family.

drr30
Apr 05 2012, 06:01 AM
I was talking to a few of my friends about the green sprinkler and most agreed with me the sprinkler makes no sense as it is now. You have a sprinkler that speeds up growth of a crop only so you can delay when you harvesting that crop. What I would like to see and I hope the devs read this is make the Green sprinkler its own sprinkler not part of the red/orange sprinkler. This way you can extend waste time on fast growing crops while you speed up growth on slow growing crops. For example Raspberry, you could plant Raspberry use the green sprinkler to extend the growth come back in 8 hours, harvest Raspberry. Then plant Pumpkins use the red/orange sprinkler to cut the growth to 2 days. The way it is set up now you would have to wait 12 hours to use the sprinkler on the pumpkins.

tcad605
Apr 19 2012, 03:12 AM
I just bought the red and orange sprinklers and I am pi$$ed off! I expected them to water the farms for a period of time, like the fertilizer. It didn't say anything about that when you click on them for information. I noticed that this discussion started in 2009. And nothing has been done about it in 3 years?!? Really? 99% of the time only the people that have paid real money have these. Someone needs to get off their a$$ and fix this. We don't need new bushes, we need the stuff that we paid for to do what is expected or give me my frickin money back!

boofee
Apr 23 2012, 08:26 PM
I just bought the red and orange sprinklers and I am pi$$ed off! I expected them to water the farms for a period of time, like the fertilizer. It didn't say anything about that when you click on them for information. I noticed that this discussion started in 2009. And nothing has been done about it in 3 years?!? Really? 99% of the time only the people that have paid real money have these. Someone needs to get off their a$$ and fix this. We don't need new bushes, we need the stuff that we paid for to do what is expected or give me my frickin money back!
I think the red sprinkler is awesome - acorn squash in half the time!

barbara nixon
Apr 23 2012, 08:50 PM
i love my red sprinkler..every crop is half the time (IF) i want it..and once a day is perfect..i may want to plant a short crop on the farm and i wouldn't want it to be grown in half the time..it's i a choice i want to make..and it gives me that..love this game and all they do for us..

drr30
Apr 23 2012, 11:36 PM

I think the sprinkler system is awesome I get wheat and rice in one day can't ask for more. I do agree the orange sprinkler isn't worth 45 farm cash. The green sprinkler has little benefit and for 50 farm cash its a little steep for me. But as for the red sprinkler I can plant and harvest all my 12 hour 8 hour and 4 hour crops in one day and get my 2 day crops in another day. As for the flowers I really don't need the sprinkler for them but I'm reaping the benefits there too. The trick with the sprinklers is timing. Here's an example before I go to bed I plant my 12 hour crops I don't sprinkle them then go to bed. Wake up the next day harvest my 12 hour crops and plant 8 hour crops then sprinkle them. The 8 hour crops are ready in 4 hours harvest them and plant 4 hour crops. Then if I have time I plant raspberry which take 2 hours harvest them then go to bed.

Tony D
May 15 2012, 04:05 AM
http://www.johnaabbott.com/images/fp-john-abbott-childrens-illustrator-freight-train.jpg

Feedback on the Trains

Hi, this thread is for General Feedback on the Trains

If you need Help with a question or are having a problem please post in Help & Support .. this is the link to the thread ...http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492326

We are aware that there are some grey areas between feedback and suggestions, however if you only want to make a suggestion we ask that you post in the Suggestion section. This thread is the one to post in for suggestions about Trains ... http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492566

We will endeavor to allow a bit more latitude in this section than in the other sections of the forum, however, please bear in mind we must stave off chaos.

Debates are allowed but posts which go beyond simple debates and fall into attacks against another member or out right name calling, or take a thread completely off track, will be removed.

tnbskts
May 15 2012, 05:31 PM

The red sprinkler works in the same way the brown sprinkler works, so it shouldn't be unexpected. I agree it could be made clearer for the brown sprinkler, but once you know how that works it shouldn't come as a surprise that the red and orange sprinklers work the same way.

Regarding the green sprinkler, it's probably more of a niche item than the other ones, but as long as some people are finding a use for it, that's fine. It's pretty clear upfront what it does, and if it's a feature you don't need there's no reason to buy it.

KnightRider
May 16 2012, 12:45 PM

The red and orange sprinklers does water crops and such just like they are suppose to, that is what it says on the info that they irrigate. Watering and fertilizing is two different things and not related, so if you are pi$$ed off as you say you should be at yourself, cause they all do what they are suppose to do. The manure spreader fertilizes (which gives double the crops) and the sprinklers irrigates (which is waters, and doubles the growing speed) so there is nothing to fix as you say, if people have a question about a tool or something before they buy it come to the forum and ask a question instead of buying something and then getting mad cause it isn't what they expected.

maggiemae1046
May 20 2012, 06:13 PM
i purchased the 4 water sprinklers but the brown and green are the only ones that appear in the tool box. the orange and red show up in my storage bin. why? i am not getting full use of the sprinklers. sad to pay that much for them and not be able to use them.

Taz D
May 20 2012, 06:24 PM
i purchased the 4 water sprinklers but the brown and green are the only ones that appear in the tool box. the orange and red show up in my storage bin. why? i am not getting full use of the sprinklers. sad to pay that much for them and not be able to use them.
You buy the red and green to get up to the green one. The green one does everything the red and orange ones did. The only reason the brown one is shown is in case you only want to water the flowers without speeding them up.
The manure spreaders are the same. Only the last one is shown because it does all of the crops, trees and flowers.

Texas Belle
May 29 2012, 05:54 PM
But even if you only water the flowers with the sprinkler no matter which, and you seed afterwards you cannot use the sprinkler again until 24 hrs have passed. And beware if one of your neighbors waters your flowers. I harvested, plowed and waiting my time to plant 4 hr crops that would be waiting for me in the morning, no dice, I planted and then when i went to sprinkle it said I could not irrigate for 13 hrs. I had not looked before so one of my neighbors being kind and wanting to get the xpoints and coins watered my flowers so I had to get up at 2 am and harvest my crops. I made a suggestion already to see if this can be fixed that only and only our sprinkler is the one that can be used to half the time and extend the expiration time, and not count the watering by neighbors.

Rob T
May 29 2012, 06:04 PM
But even if you only water the flowers with the sprinkler no matter which, and you seed afterwards you cannot use the sprinkler again until 24 hrs have passed. And beware if one of your neighbors waters your flowers. I harvested, plowed and waiting my time to plant 4 hr crops that would be waiting for me in the morning, no dice, I planted and then when i went to sprinkle it said I could not irrigate for 13 hrs. I had not looked before so one of my neighbors being kind and wanting to get the xpoints and coins watered my flowers so I had to get up at 2 am and harvest my crops. I made a suggestion already to see if this can be fixed that only and only our sprinkler is the one that can be used to half the time and extend the expiration time, and not count the watering by neighbors.

i've had neighbors water my flowers, and i was able to use my sprinkler right afterwards without any problems. And just this morning, i used the brown sprinkler to revive my flowers, harvested them, and then used the sprinkler right afterwards without problem. So if there is a glitch somewhere, i am unable to reproduce it.

RuralVirologist
Jun 09 2012, 04:50 PM
I've been reading into the history of this thread and didn't find everything I wanted.

It seems to be that we can use the red sprinkler once per day per farm. I think.

If we plant 4-day crops and use the sprinkler immediately, they will be ready in 2 days. What happens if, after 1 day, with 1 day to wait, we use it on these crops again? Nothing, or does it halve again, i.e. to half the remaining time?

What happens if I plant 4 days crops today, and after 1 day I use the sprinkler for the first time on those crops? Does it halve the total 4 days, so that I have 1 day left, or does it halve the remaining time, so that I have 1.5 days left?

Thanks!

Tony D
Jun 09 2012, 04:53 PM
I've been reading into the history of this thread and didn't find everything I wanted.

It seems to be that we can use the red sprinkler once per day per farm. I think.

If we plant 4-day crops and use the sprinkler immediately, they will be ready in 2 days. What happens if, after 1 day, with 1 day to wait, we use it on these crops again? Nothing, or does it halve again, i.e. to half the remaining time?

What happens if I plant 4 days crops today, and after 1 day I use the sprinkler for the first time on those crops? Does it halve the total 4 days, so that I have 1 day left, or does it halve the remaining time, so that I have 1.5 days left?

Thanks!Hi, using it a second time will make no difference , if you use it (for the first time) after 1 day then it halves the remaining time.

RuralVirologist
Jun 09 2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks! Much appreciated :-)

Tony D
Jun 10 2012, 07:10 PM
Just bumping :)

rocker grrrrrl
Jun 10 2012, 07:25 PM
Will there be more trains in the future? Maybe for, say, meat products?

ghostkitten
Jun 10 2012, 07:26 PM
Biggest waste of FC out of everything,,,,,,,Biggest disappointment out of all the new releases......

jcassemjr
Jun 10 2012, 07:40 PM
Biggest waste of FC out of everything,,,,,,,Biggest disappointment out of all the new releases......

The train meets the need of the only item I am ever out of in Farm Town, and that is paper rolls. So I am not disappointed at all. I like that it wasn't an instant fulfillment. It will still leave the need for strategy, especially around the time of new releases. Won't want to dispatch a train if a release is pending or expected in the next couple of days. I won't want to miss out on the opportunity to add new cars from a new release that I might want to dispatch.

If players read the releases, this is just the beginning of the possibilities of the trains. The release hits that we may have multiple trains going in the future, multiple copies of the same boxes on the trains, and the ability for neighbors to work the trains. I hope they focus on the key items used from each facility when developing the box cars, ike the Paper Rolls in the paper mill.

Debbie_T
Jun 10 2012, 07:47 PM
I love the trains and I see alot of room for growth with them and surely they will have a button to make them go faster.:) A week is a very long time to wait, you know how impatient we are. I am loving FT even more than ever!!! I am not so patiently waiting for seeds, trees, and in a week the facilities. LOVE the trains!!!!:)

CynthiaSue
Jun 10 2012, 08:08 PM
Dont guess they have a train yet that would give me anything I really want. My problem is keeping up with hen eggs and llama wool and canvas. The items in these trains, I rarely run out of. In fact, not sure I ever run out of them. I suppose it is a cool idea, but pretty costly for the little it appears you get. Perhaps they will come out with a train that gives me something that I need, and I will try it out.

KnightRider
Jun 10 2012, 08:11 PM
Starting out the trains isn't bad, I do hope like it read in the release there could be more cars added later for more items, like a refer car for milk, eggs, cheese, and other refrigerated items, plus if they do make it so you can have more than one train going at once. Now just need the rest of the tracks that was suggested.

FarmerMcLashwood
Jun 10 2012, 08:14 PM
Don't like the way they go translucent.... look ghostly....... and if you have incorporated it into your farm design spoils it somewhat.

meacara
Jun 10 2012, 08:20 PM
I cannot get a train, as I cannot afford it and they don't bring anything I'd need. But if I did ever run out of flour and such - why would you require a Stone Windmill instead of a regular one? This is just another example where the dev's are greedy.

Petuniaflower
Jun 10 2012, 09:05 PM
Can't remember..exactly how this lil ditty goes..But something like this..You can please some people part of the time...some..some of the time..and none all of the time...like all else in the world..Farmers here....are diverse...each one of us..having ..our own agenda..what we like..what we get out of it...Poor DEV's..can't please..me all the time..because what pleases me..would bother you...so I guess..they hope they please the majority....If I had known..of the Ghost Train..I would have made a Ghost Town..:rolleyes:..I am just happy..to have found a game..that meet's most of my needs..;)

KnightRider
Jun 10 2012, 09:12 PM
In another thread I believe it was Matt88 said something about when you open up the train each boxcar would have a list of items that the boxcar could carry and you would have a limit and you could mark which items in that boxcar you wanted up to the limit. That sounded like a good idea maybe if somehow the dev's could change the boxcars to something like that. This way different farmers could get different things from each boxcar and it should make most of the farmers happy, maybe not all, but maybe a lot of them.

SeniorCornwall
Jun 10 2012, 09:13 PM
I was somewhat disappointed with the train contents as well. Was hoping for the stuff we keep running out of like chicken, meat, and the like.... I would imagine in time other boxcars can get added, and there is a button to speed up the trains that is for future usage.. :) As it is, all the stuff being carried can be made on one's farm if you load up on trees, and crops - and double up on some of the factories (ex. Paper mill, glass works, rubber, etc). I think I am up to 6 paper mills and no longer run out of paper rolls :)

On a side note, I have purchased them all and will keep it going to make some extra cash. Figure it costs me 3.5 million to fill them, and if all I do is sell the products for what they are worth (5.5 million) I make an extra 1.9 million coins every 7 days. Beats the interest rate on spare coins laying around. I am running my farms as a business - and avoid the pretty stuff. Needs to be functional and give me an ROI :)

Best bang is the Long Two Door Boxcar (profit of 252%), then Long OneDoor Boxcar (54%) and then Long container (42%).

Just another take....

Senior Cornwall

SeniorCornwall
Jun 10 2012, 09:17 PM
P.S. Was holding off on buying more trucks for the meat goods, but guess I am going to need a truck on every farm to see if my carnivorus side can be met :)

Senior Cornwall

max_river
Jun 10 2012, 09:23 PM
not worth it for me i have a stock pile of all the things the trains are offering. could you pls do some of trains for coin for people like me who would like them for decorations.

HelenJS22
Jun 10 2012, 09:24 PM
Can't remember..exactly how this lil ditty goes..But something like this..You can please some people part of the time...some..some of the time..and none all of the time...like all else in the world..Farmers here....are diverse...each one of us..having ..our own agenda..what we like..what we get out of it...Poor DEV's..can't please..me all the time..because what pleases me..would bother you...so I guess..they hope they please the majority....If I had known..of the Ghost Train..I would have made a Ghost Town..:rolleyes:..I am just happy..to have found a game..that meet's most of my needs..;)

LOL - Now there is a use for a freight train - turn it into a ghost train on a halloween farm :D :D :D

HelenJS22
Jun 10 2012, 09:50 PM
not worth it for me i have a stock pile of all the things the trains are offering. could you pls do some of trains for coin for people like me who would like them for decorations.

Max, go and revisit the 'trains' tab in the store. The freight locomotive is for coins, and there are the same container and box cars - just a little shorter also for coins, so you could have your decorative freight train and pay no farm cash.

max_river
Jun 10 2012, 09:53 PM
Max, go and revisit the 'trains' tab in the store. The freight locomotive is for coins, and there are the same container and box cars - just a little shorter also for coins, so you could have your decorative freight train and pay no farm cash.

ty did not see it at the time the kids where running around will check it ty

HelenJS22
Jun 10 2012, 10:03 PM
ty did not see it at the time the kids where running around will check it ty

You're welcome. I know what it's like trying to play on my farm with my little grandson 'helping' :D

driverdave
Jun 10 2012, 10:53 PM
I cannot get a train, as I cannot afford it and they don't bring anything I'd need. But if I did ever run out of flour and such - why would you require a Stone Windmill instead of a regular one? This is just another example where the dev's are greedy.

If you look at the math to do with the stone windmill.......you will find it is a lot more efficient than the red ones.......in the red ones u put 10 wheat and get 5 flour........in the stone mill you put 10 wheat and get 15 flour so thus you will get more flour per wheat with a stone mill and that means you dont have to plant wheat as often .

Farmer Homer
Jun 10 2012, 10:58 PM
I think the trains are ok for those who need more items and do not want to buy or don't have room for extra facilities. I see a lot of potential, this is just the first offering. I do wish the train cars were a little less expensive, maybe 20 FC instead of 35. Otherwise I hope they add additional items to the existing cars to make it worthwhile.

I bought one train locomotive and the coin cars for my train farm, looks great! I turned the road on my industrial park farm into a track, bought a second locomotive and put my "ghost" train on that one. I only hooked up the cars I needed and left the others on my train farm until needed. I like that it fades away until it returns to the station, kind of neat.

I'm waiting for the math experts to break down how much product is brought in to see if the train is more efficient than buying an extra facility or two.

I'm looking forward to logging car, refrigerated cars, ore cars, one for hauling metal, tanker cars, etc.

I'd also like to see a passenger train that each car could be a facility, parlor car could sell soft drinks, hard drinks, snacks, playing cards. Diner car, lounge car, spa car, etc.

kataltay
Jun 11 2012, 12:19 AM
Please, please, please get rid of the ghost effect on the working trains!!! It serves no real purpose to have them displayed like this, except to take away from the look of a farm!! Come on, devs, we know the tool is working! We loaded and dispatched it, remember? Same as we load the semi and send it transporting goods. We know the semi is doing its thing. We know the facilities are doing their things too. So it is actually senseless to have these long awaited, much hyped trains fade out of visibility.

And, I said this before, too. But now there is a specific thread just for the freight trains, so I will say it here : Give us the ability to MOVE our trains from one place on the farm to another!! What is the rationale behind locking it immobile?? The semi can be moved around, even with a load of stuff in transit!! Why can't the train??? I just seem to be missing the logic in the set-up of this new freight train, because I personally do not appreciate that something I paid 105 fc for cannot be moved where I want it to go, at any given time, whether it is dispatched or not, and I less appreciate that it has a ghost effect applied to it! One only needs to read the ream of posts on the June 1 Update thread to realize the vast majority of players feel very disappointed with the freight train, for so many reasons. While I appreciate some aspects of the feature cannot be simply undone, changed, reversed, whatever, I certainly believe, based on your success in the past (recent and distant), that the transparency can be removed, and the inability to move the cars can also be changed.

Taz D
Jun 11 2012, 01:11 AM
If you look at the math to do with the stone windmill.......you will find it is a lot more efficient than the red ones.......in the red ones u put 10 wheat and get 5 flour........in the stone mill you put 10 wheat and get 15 flour so thus you will get more flour per wheat with a stone mill and that means you dont have to plant wheat as often .
Only thing I am wondering is why require the facilities such as the Stone Wind Mill? If I have that then I don't need to have the train car for flour. The Water Mill and coffee mills are both coin facilities, so no problem getting them and more than one if needed. This requirement just doesn't make sense.
The train cars for any item in it should not require a facility to buy it period.
Also they definately need to make it where we can choose which items available we want and limit the car to a specific number over all so we can get more of the items we really need and less or none of those we don't.

maggiel29
Jun 11 2012, 02:56 AM
LOL - Now there is a use for a freight train - turn it into a ghost train on a halloween farm :D :D :D

Ha ha - good idea!!! I hate it ghosting tho - the semis dont

Cropper
Jun 11 2012, 05:27 AM
Oh wow, I wish I had the FC to buy these for the transparency look alone! lol I bought the coins cars in the hope they'd be transparent but they're not, awww :-)

Taz D
Jun 11 2012, 11:34 AM
Dear Slashkey;
This is to inform you that you are in non-compliance with railroad safety regulations. All steam trains are required to have a caboose as the last car on any train consist. Please correct this oversight imediately.

Railroad Safety Commission

bayoubes
Jun 11 2012, 11:35 AM
Any hope they will put the rotation on all the trains, trains do travel across and up, not just down. Seems like the devs lost the rotation template lately, seems the last 3 updates, things no longer have a rotation to them.

Taz D
Jun 11 2012, 11:39 AM
Any hope they will put the rotation on all the trains, trains do travel across and up, not just down. Seems like the devs lost the rotation template lately, seems the last 3 updates, things no longer have a rotation to them.
Raul did say we would have 4 or 8 rotations for the trains....didn't say when.

bayoubes
Jun 11 2012, 12:05 PM
Raul did say we would have 4 or 8 rotations for the trains....didn't say when.

I noticed they hadn't said WHEN!! Was hoping they would have put in the normal 2 rotations while they figure out how to do 4 to 8. Seems like the devs has gone to doing things the hard, longer way of doing things instead of doing it the simple way. Take the trains, if they would have just made each car work like the truck, they would have accomplished the same thing instead of creating a complicated way they did. Would have saved themselves a lot of time and headaches. I wonder how much they spent in headache pain killers, lol.

StoneFace
Jun 11 2012, 12:23 PM
Dear Slashkey;
This is to inform you that you are in non-compliance with railroad safety regulations. All steam trains are required to have a caboose as the last car on any train consist. Please correct this oversight imediately.

yeah, what he said....

where are we supposed to play cards???

EveningAllTim
Jun 11 2012, 12:52 PM
Hi Slashkey,

the train and goods is an excellent way of basically getting more facilities produce after looking at the costs from the yield in its forthcoming 7 day wonder...yes wonder not wander! then we might have a ROI to work out on whether its worth it officially or not or should we just buy another facility?

I think this is grossly unfair on the people that cannot afford the devices and a coin option should be provided lets face it 4-5 billion coins is not good for farmers either. I think the value is far too costly and I shall be really reserved in purchasing anymore, a white elephant maybe, I agree with an earlier comment the 'devs' and maybe yourselves might not be so in touch as to what people run out off and that is key to their purchasing habits and needs this should be targeted firstly as it maximises your income prospectively

i believe like i tested after purchasing two box cars and dispatching it that one could add a third after adding it could not re-dispatch that not that i particularly wanted these pigments and glass items, but took it for the working knowledge to assist people in Groups.

What happened to the alternative views as well! another boost tool to make more money and needs not so sure what the ROI for the farmers shall be on that one! otherwise a big money spinner for Slashkey, it seems.

Sandy Mae
Jun 11 2012, 01:18 PM
I like the trains. They look great and will be a nice addition to what is needed on the whole farm. The only thing that made me nuts is The long container car I can not buy it will only let me send. The other is the ghost train. I wanted to move it to the side of the farm. I guess I have to wait the whole week to move it to the side. But in general I LOVE IT!!! Thanks to the devs and of course Raul!!!!

Texas Belle
Jun 11 2012, 01:46 PM
Ha ha - good idea!!! I hate it ghosting tho - the semis dont

The ghost runway train.... good idea for a ghost town... LOL

Texas Belle
Jun 11 2012, 01:47 PM
Dear Slashkey;

And let it be a RED caboose with no discoloring!!

Taz D
Jun 11 2012, 03:14 PM
I like the trains. They look great and will be a nice addition to what is needed on the whole farm. The only thing that made me nuts is The long container car I can not buy it will only let me send. The other is the ghost train. I wanted to move it to the side of the farm. I guess I have to wait the whole week to move it to the side. But in general I LOVE IT!!! Thanks to the devs and of course Raul!!!!
Sandy make sure you are on the farem where the facility is and have a locomotive there too. Then refresh your farm. That should unlock it.

pythonis
Jun 11 2012, 07:27 PM
I thought the trains would be for people to put extra goods into for a small payment then the cars of the train(s) would randomly show up in the market or on peoples farms for people to look at what that train car has available and buy what they need up to their limit.

meacara
Jun 12 2012, 06:59 AM

I already knew that. My question is more why require a FC item for the trains when there is a coin equivalent. Why should I need to buy a stone windmill, and pay extra FC to get a working train when a regular red windmill would be sufficient?

Tony D
Jun 12 2012, 07:13 AM
I already knew that. My question is more why require a FC item for the trains when there is a coin equivalent. Why should I need to buy a stone windmill, and pay extra FC to get a working train when a regular red windmill would be sufficient?Hi, sorry but no one here can really answer that question , it is simply the way the developers have set it up. The only thing I can suggest is that you post in the Suggestion section and suggest they allow the red windmill to be sufficient to allow you to purchase the freight car.

dkarnie
Jun 12 2012, 07:50 AM
I am loving the trains. Got mine all set up with 3 carriers and look forward to more enhancements to carry more products like milk, eggs, sugar etc. Things we all run out of often. Also planted the new cashew tree's and the lemon grass. I enjoy playing FT.

dmcoppock
Jun 12 2012, 08:10 AM
Sorry, but I fall into the what a waste of money category! It's not that I don't want to spend money on the game, I have spent a couple hundred on it already and will spend more. If they come out with cars that will carry things that I acctually run out of I might get it, but pigments??? really??? I make them once a week or 2 and have plenty. I have to have 5 textile and spinning mills to keep up with canvas - now that is a need. Please come out with a car that carries items which demand more than 2 facilities to keep up.

rjohn726
Jun 12 2012, 08:11 AM
Trains, as I see it are the beginning of a long and new journey in Farm Town. There are many things that can be done with those trains in the future.

As of now those Trains are just a new element in this game and I encourage the developers to continue on in that journey which may be in different arenas than we are thinking.

I see bigger farms in the future as well as bigger towns, therefore Trains that move stuff I feel are great.

amfdavis21003
Jun 12 2012, 10:29 AM
Although some may like them, after reading the guide on Trains and what is being offered at this time, I think I will pass. I was expecting them to offer more of in-demand things such as silk rolls, canvas rolls, lumber, and cheese first (some of the ones I have the most trouble keeping a good stock of). If these are offered in the future, I may reconsider.
With the exception of the Paper Roll (which recently became more in demand because of the Post office supply factory), I am well-stocked on everything the trains are offering at this time because I have spent a lot of time planning my production line/farms/crops over time. But, I also don't feel the need to post facilities everyday, or play everyday anymore. But that's just the way I play and my opinion. Happy Farming everyone!

Lee Ann
Jun 12 2012, 11:00 AM
I am looking forward to the further uses for the trains as well, now..if they could just whistle and steam hahaha

Pam Gossett
Jun 12 2012, 11:56 AM
I love the new trains. I would like all the train accessories like boom gates, tracks, train crossing signs, etc. to be moved to the train section to make it easier to find them. And I agree with, Taz: we need a caboose. I stuck the red passenger train at the end to pose as one but of course that's just wrong.

Grammy 11
Jun 12 2012, 12:23 PM
Maybe some fine day we'll be able to choose what we want; the trains rematerialize, and we can select, say, corn or tomatoes or canvas, like that, before sending the trains merrily on their way for another week. Maybe buy a "your choice" freight car. For now, I am delighted to be part of the shakedown tour.

StoneFace
Jun 12 2012, 12:57 PM
I am looking forward to the further uses for the trains as well, now..if they could just whistle and steam hahaha

Maybe they will blow smoke.... they could learn from some posters here... hehehehe.... just kidding.

carhar
Jun 12 2012, 03:59 PM
Why can't we have it so the trains can rotate. they can only go in one direction, down and there is a lot of track laid sideways.

I hope you can make that happen.:confused:

Rob T
Jun 12 2012, 04:04 PM
Why can't we have it so the trains can rotate. they can only go in one direction, down and there is a lot of track laid sideways.

I hope you can make that happen.:confused:

The developers have said previously, they will be making them so they rotate upto either 4 or 8 directions

dansd111
Jun 12 2012, 05:02 PM
I was working a neighbor's facilities and received a pop up to work on their train (see attachment), but it took me to the train and said there was no work there. I wonder if we're going to be able to work the trains or if this is a glitch.

Tiger
Jun 12 2012, 05:14 PM
I was working a neighbor's facilities and received a pop up to work on their train (see attachment), but it took me to the train and said there was no work there. I wonder if we're going to be able to work the trains or if this is a glitch.

Well there is a "Boost Train" button within the Train menu, which when you click on it says "coming soon", so you never know what might happen ;)

HelenJS22
Jun 12 2012, 05:45 PM

Love that idea. If they would whistle and steam I'd buy them for that reason :D

Farmer DeDe
Jun 12 2012, 06:01 PM
After reading (really reading..lol) about the trains I am getting warm and fuzzy about them. At the moment, the boxcars do not supply anything I need but I am sure eventually, chicken, eggs, milk, CANVAS!!!, meat, and other much needed ingredients and supplies will be added. Over the 2+ years I have been playing, the game has remained fresh and has kept my attention. Thank you Devs for all that you do to keep us happy. I gladly spend FC and I have not been disappointed..just need to gather up a little patience. :)

FarmerMcLashwood
Jun 12 2012, 07:52 PM
So glad we are now able to turn off the transparency of the train.... makes it look so much better .

gffarmer
Jun 12 2012, 08:03 PM
So glad we are now able to turn off the transparency of the train.... makes it look so much better .

We can?? How???

Rob T
Jun 12 2012, 08:12 PM
We can?? How???

hi, yes, there is a new game preference you can turn on/off the transparancy :)

gffarmer
Jun 12 2012, 10:25 PM
hi, yes, there is a new game preference you can turn on/off the transparancy :)

ok I am blind...where is the option??

gffarmer
Jun 12 2012, 10:27 PM
No problem! I found it!!

FrankDieter
Jun 14 2012, 01:20 AM
‎Is anyone else disappointed with the strange logic and pricing regarding the trains and carriages and what they transport and the time it takes?!

If you have plenty of oil pumps and mines, a petrochem factory, ink factory and a few glass factories (all coins facilities), then it makes no sense whatsoever to spend FC on those choo choo trains and carriages, especially when they take a week to deliver - bonkers!!!

:eek:

james_a_thompson
Jun 16 2012, 04:39 PM
:) Hi, I bought the Standard Freight Locomotive, a One-door Boxcar, two Two-door Boxcars, and 2 Container Cars only to find out that I cannot do anything with them. :confused: I am willing to buy the Long Two-door Boxcar for 406,000 coins, the Long Container Car for 882,000 coins, and the Long One-door Boxcar for 2,310,000 coins (the prices listed in the "Show Train Details - Freight Cars" window), :mad: BUT I will NOT spend $35 cash for each car, the return-on-investment just isn't there. Come on guys! If it's only about REAL WORLD CASH figure out a way for us to trade coins for cash (how about 1,000,000 coins = $1); I still have to work for it, just not forego feeding my family or skipping my mortgage.:cool:

trina531
Jun 16 2012, 10:21 PM
Yes I agree with others about the train cars...would gladly spend money on them if they were they I needed like CANVAS, EGGS..I may consider they buy when there are things I need and when the train cars go in both directions..

Emychan
Jun 17 2012, 12:01 AM
Yes I agree with others about the train cars...would gladly spend money on them if they were they I needed like CANVAS, EGGS..I may consider they buy when there are things I need and when the train cars go in both directions..

I agree 100 %,carry goods that we need like canvas as said.

Tony D
Jun 17 2012, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone , just a reminder, this the the thread for Feedback on trains, if you would like to make a suggestion then please post in this thread ...http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492566

Miz judy
Jun 17 2012, 12:47 AM
Amen someone else is stepting up to the plate and seeing the freight -cars are worthless..I finf doing other farmers factories in posting and other things we do pays off better and faster than the 7-days waiting period.. I do not have the time to waste either..Crops sometimes do not produce as they need too and it takes some too long to grow. I again can't always plan my schedules for doctor appointments and family-based on the growing season. And we do not have the means to spend real money for all the factories we need for the quest. And some factories-make the same produce and etc, as another.Yet we need both to get one to work-..;we are not all fools.

coinman1952
Jun 17 2012, 04:04 AM
What am I missing. The red two door box car says I have to have a Ink and Pigment factory on farm or in storage. I have it but the boxcar is locked????

Taz D
Jun 17 2012, 10:35 AM
:) Hi, I bought the Standard Freight Locomotive, a One-door Boxcar, two Two-door Boxcars, and 2 Container Cars only to find out that I cannot do anything with them. :confused: I am willing to buy the Long Two-door Boxcar for 406,000 coins, the Long Container Car for 882,000 coins, and the Long One-door Boxcar for 2,310,000 coins (the prices listed in the "Show Train Details - Freight Cars" window), :mad: BUT I will NOT spend $35 cash for each car, the return-on-investment just isn't there. Come on guys! If it's only about REAL WORLD CASH figure out a way for us to trade coins for cash (how about 1,000,000 coins = $1); I still have to work for it, just not forego feeding my family or skipping my mortgage.:cool:
The smaller cars are only decoration like the passenger trains. The trains set up is not complete yet as the Boost hasn't been done yet. I believe this will allow your neighbors to speed up the train so that it doesn't take 7 days to get the items back.

Taz D
Jun 17 2012, 10:37 AM
What am I missing. The red two door box car says I have to have a Ink and Pigment factory on farm or in storage. I have it but the boxcar is locked????
You have to be on the farm with that factory or put that factory in storage. Then when you get there refresh that farm and it should unlock.

FarmerMcLashwood
Jun 17 2012, 11:04 AM
My train is almost ready.... will I be able to move it to another farm once it has?

Grammy 11
Jun 17 2012, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone , just a reminder, this the the thread for Feedback on trains, if you would like to make a suggestion then please post in this thread ...http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492566

I went there - it seems to be closed........

FarmerMcLashwood
Jun 17 2012, 03:48 PM
My train is almost ready.... will I be able to move it to another farm once it has?

Well my train arrived and I was able to unload it and yes I was able to move it to another farm... and off it goes again.

But I do have a question...... Farm town days are usually 20hrs... but the train does take actually 7 real times days. ie 7 x 24..... so in fact it doesn't takes 7 FT days.. it takes 8.4 days.. why is this?

Tony D
Jun 17 2012, 04:37 PM
I went there - it seems to be closed........Hi, sorry about that , it is open for Suggestions now.

lewlin
Jun 18 2012, 04:10 AM
I actually like the trains! I had a coin one on my farm which I changed for the 7 days ones and it now looks good as well as actually being useful! No it doesn't bring all the products I need quickly, but it brings extra product which are always a bonus! With the trains and the dan bonus belts and the ingredients posts and working other peoples facs, I don't run out of much....well except cheese!!!

barbara nixon
Jun 19 2012, 03:25 PM
i too am midly dissapointed in the train..i had to wait 7 days for 168 rolls of paper ..seems like i shudda got more..paper and glass are the few things i can use more of, so i didn't get the flour one..i have plenty of that..maybe be a good idea to be able to haul feed for the animals to up their production...still love the game.. keep it as close to real as u can...pleeze...

corogirl
Jun 19 2012, 06:26 PM
I got all the box cars on day one and dispatched the first one, only to find I had to wait 7 days before I could add and dispatch the other two I purchased just after that. When finally the 7 days was up I laughed when I saw the miserable amount of stuff it had collected. I could have collected a belt bonus on most and got more and that would be instant, not a 7day wait. Total waste of FC and if I could get a refund I would. Rant over, now back to the farm.

KnightRider
Jun 19 2012, 07:34 PM
It always amazes me that people purchase the FC items before they check the item(s) out, like the train boxcars they purchase them and then they say that if they had known how much they got from them they wouldn't have purchased them, but if they had went into the store and click on the ? in the green box and hovered their cursor over the item(s) that they wanted to know about they would have saw the amount of each item in each boxcar, then they would have known not to purchase that item, then they would have saved FC and not needed to come into the forum and complain about that item. All of the facilities have the ?, the trains that carry items have the ?, most of the tools also have the ?, and if someone has a questions about an FC item they should come into the forum and ask the others players questions about the FC item. I have saw some players come in here and ask questions before purchasing an FC item, which then they can make a decision at that time if they want to purchase the said item.

Tony D
Jun 19 2012, 08:10 PM
Hi, just thought I would mention that part of the reason for this section of the Forum is for people to provide feedback , both positive and negative feedback is welcome here :)

musicman1215
Jun 20 2012, 08:43 AM
You devs put out excellent ideas for this game, but in order for us to dispatch a train for goods, you expect us to shell out money to your GREEDY employees to purchase a LONG FREIGHT CAR. You could have made it so we could use the short freight cars to do at least half of what the long freight cars do. You devs should have thought more about being more considerate and made the short cars operable instead of putting them out for useless decorations.

KnightRider
Jun 20 2012, 08:59 AM
I think the dev's did an excellent job on the trains and boxcars, hoping other boxcars come out soon and the option to rotate the trains so they can be put on the tracks going other ways, in my opinion it isn't GREED it is just doing a job and wanting to get paid for doing that job so they can pay their bills like everyone else.

SeaJay
Jun 20 2012, 09:06 PM
The farm I have my train on has no facilities or clients on it but, it is showing up as a farm to work when my neighbors answer my posts. Must be attached to the boost option to come, but yet another bummer trip I'm on about making my neighbors go to a farm that has nothing on it to work. It says, I'm sorry but there is no more work available on this farm!!! Could we shut that off until you introduce the boost??

SeaJay
Jun 20 2012, 09:48 PM
Maybe some fine day we'll be able to choose what we want; the trains rematerialize, and we can select, say, corn or tomatoes or canvas, like that, before sending the trains merrily on their way for another week. Maybe buy a "your choice" freight car. For now, I am delighted to be part of the shakedown tour.

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!

FarmerMcLashwood
Jun 24 2012, 04:45 PM
I posted this already in another part of the forum but realise it was most probably the wrong place.
So here is my feedback on the train:

Well here's a fine thing... I dispatched my train again last sunday without any problem at all.
It was ready tonight to unload but before I did..... i went into my storage to check what amounts I had for each of the goods in the carts.

There was absolutely no problem at all with the goods unloaded from the Long Box car... I got what I was supposed to.
The problems were the other cars.
In the Long container car I should have received 2520 plastic granules but only got 2340 - 180 short!
I should have received 672 rubber but only got 492 - 180 short!
The flat glass and the mirror glass were correct.
In the Long 2 door box car there were problems with some of the goods too.
I should have received 336 cardstock but only got 156 - 180 short (can you see a pattern emerging?
But the biggest shock of all was I should have received 168 Paper rolls....... I didn't receive any..... instead it TOOK 192 of what I had in storage.

Am disinclined to dispatch my train again until these glitches are sorted out.

My train is on my farm6
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5259&farm_ix=5

I await an explanation...... if there is one and would like the missing items to be returned to me.
I wish I had checked it out more last week before I unloaded last sunday.... would be interested to see if a pattern was emerging.:(:mad:

Petuniaflower
Jun 24 2012, 05:20 PM
:rolleyes:O My..I am sure..I am among only a few...Who wanted the train..because..my farm or farms(have 2 trains..and 2 of each of the cars)REALLY NEEDED TRAINS :D..How much product..it brings..or that I can only dispatch one of the trains..doesn't bother me...I do well enough..have enough coin to buy all my wants and needs...buy with cash...all my wants and needs...Because it gives me Joy..to mess with my farms...

FarmerMcLashwood
Jun 24 2012, 05:36 PM
I wish there was a box we could tick for the products we wanted... like in the semi trailer truck. I don't need ink pigments or flour etc., the only 2 I really need is paper roll and rubber and they were 2 of the products that didn't deliver what they should have. in fact have been left with less paper roll than there was before I unloaded my train.

Scooter
Jun 24 2012, 06:57 PM
I like the look of them and the products available. Only problem for me is like so many of the other facilities - FARM CASH ONLY. We live n a limited income due to disability and simply can not afford to buy "cash" for much wanted items, so, like always, we have to do without -
Perhaps there will be one that will MAYBE be available for coins? Using coin purchased facilities?

KnightRider
Jun 24 2012, 09:22 PM
I posted this already in another part of the forum but realise it was most probably the wrong place.
So here is my feedback on the train:

Well here's a fine thing... I dispatched my train again last sunday without any problem at all.
It was ready tonight to unload but before I did..... i went into my storage to check what amounts I had for each of the goods in the carts.

There was absolutely no problem at all with the goods unloaded from the Long Box car... I got what I was supposed to.
The problems were the other cars.
In the Long container car I should have received 2520 plastic granules but only got 2340 - 180 short!
I should have received 672 rubber but only got 492 - 180 short!
The flat glass and the mirror glass were correct.
In the Long 2 door box car there were problems with some of the goods too.
I should have received 336 cardstock but only got 156 - 180 short (can you see a pattern emerging?
But the biggest shock of all was I should have received 168 Paper rolls....... I didn't receive any..... instead it TOOK 192 of what I had in storage.

Am disinclined to dispatch my train again until these glitches are sorted out.

My train is on my farm6
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5259&farm_ix=5

I await an explanation...... if there is one and would like the missing items to be returned to me.
I wish I had checked it out more last week before I unloaded last sunday.... would be interested to see if a pattern was emerging.:(:mad:

I did a check on mine, I went into my storage before I unloaded my train and wrote everything down, and then unloaded my train which I had all three boxcars to unload, and I got everything I was suppose to get. So I don't know why it shorted yours.

FarmerMcLashwood
Jun 25 2012, 05:15 AM
I did a check on mine, I went into my storage before I unloaded my train and wrote everything down, and then unloaded my train which I had all three boxcars to unload, and I got everything I was suppose to get. So I don't know why it shorted yours.

Neither do I.. hence the post.

coinman1952
Jun 25 2012, 11:43 AM
Trains are disappointing, too little return for the investment, mostly obscure products. Trains locomotive is from the 19th century. Also, may be wrong but I don't believe train tracks ever cross in tee. Don't believe in the real world that is even possible. They do cross from one track to another using a section of track that resembles an elongated "s" or a round house.

Taz D
Jun 25 2012, 12:06 PM
Trains are disappointing, too little return for the investment, mostly obscure products. Trains locomotive is from the 19th century. Also, may be wrong but I don't believe train tracks ever cross in tee. Don't believe in the real world that is even possible. They do cross from one track to another using a section of track that resembles an elongated "s" or a round house.
I agree with you about the return on the investment at the moment though I think the Boost will make that better when implemented.
By the way Steam Locomotives were still in use up until the 1960's and I like them much better than the deisel trucks on rails.
And yes there are tee crossings of tracks though the railroads try to avoid those for safety reasons. I do agree that we need some switches for crossing between tracks instead of having to try to create our own. We also need to have those 8 rotations of the train to be able to place them on the track the way we want them.

KnightRider
Jun 25 2012, 12:26 PM
I agree with you about the return on the investment at the moment though I think the Boost will make that better when implemented.
By the way Steam Locomotives were still in use up until the 1960's and I like them much better than the deisel trucks on rails.
And yes there are tee crossings of tracks though the railroads try to avoid those for safety reasons. I do agree that we need some switches for crossing between tracks instead of having to try to create our own. We also need to have those 8 rotations of the train to be able to place them on the track the way we want them.

I still can't figure out how they are going to do 8 rotations of trains when we only have 4 directions of tracks NE, NW, SE, and SW. Then they would be adding the directions of N, W, S, and E. It would be nice if they rotated all of the farms counter clockwise 45 degrees to make the farms N, S, E, and W.

Taz D
Jun 25 2012, 12:36 PM
I still can't figure out how they are going to do 8 rotations of trains when we only have 4 directions of tracks NE, NW, SE, and SW. Then they would be adding the directions of N, W, S, and E. It would be nice if they rotated all of the farms counter clockwise 45 degrees to make the farms N, S, E, and W.
My guess would be to make it so you can set a train piece on a curve. Or bring out tracks that go at a diagonal to what we have now.

Lady_Catalina
Jun 27 2012, 10:27 AM
I'm glad to see that trains finally have their own category in the market.
But things I would like to see since I want trains for decoration just because I LOVE TRAINS;
4 views for engines and cars.
4 views for railroad crossing signs; also the white crossed arms version for a more vintage look.http://cache2.artprintimages.com/lrg/14/1459/7VDQ000Z.jpg

A few more vintage depots. The 'building with tower' makes a great depot for a Southwest US look; but many more were wooden Victorian styled buildings.
http://www.michiganrailroads.com/RRHX/imagesRRHX/Stations/InterlochenDepotAndTower.jpg

I don't see that they trains are effective ways to move goods. My factories do much better.

Lady_Catalina
Jun 27 2012, 10:31 AM

Actually you are correct there. Even a T-intersection is negotiated by two west of Y's.
The train as production items are useless to me; i.e. ink and pigments pretty much get used in other facilities. I'm not planning on having a train take them all to market. I have so many service facilities that I rarely go to market now anyway.

Lady_Catalina
Jun 27 2012, 10:52 AM
Dear Slashkey;

LOL. I love this one.