PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 7th, 2011

Pages : 1 [2]

Fred1716
Dec 16 2011, 10:42 AM
i appreciate all the ideas but they wont work for me, the game has been removed and must stay that way, the current requirements for certain things are unreasonable and unacceptable. as to putting money in, i have, far more than i should have, and i cannot afford to put in another dime. being out of work does that to someone.

jcassemjr
Dec 16 2011, 12:44 PM
i appreciate all the ideas but they wont work for me, the game has been removed and must stay that way, the current requirements for certain things are unreasonable and unacceptable. as to putting money in, i have, far more than i should have, and i cannot afford to put in another dime. being out of work does that to someone.

Fred1716,

We all understand your feelings, and respect your decision. There are those of us that enjoy the direction the developers have taken, and like the fact they they have given some of us a challenge. I have all of the crops, Flowers and Trees at 6th degree dans, and am working on the fish, with many water ways on almost every farm. The challenge of getting to 10B coins per farm for the upgrades is a pleasure to have.

I have been able to go from 1.9B to 5B coins since Sunday by helping every one of my neighbors that post their facilities, posting my facilities, and taking every job I can in the marketplace. I have also only grown acorn squash, and hired someone else to harvest it, so I could get the bonus selling price. So it is doable, if you want the enjoyment an challenge of the game.

I hope that you will come back to Farm Town after some time. I left once I maxed out at the top level (34 or 39 can't remember which one it was). My sister-in-law shared the information about the great new releases about 4 months after I quit, and once I got back in, I was hooked.

Yes, I spent real cash to play the game, but it is no different than having to buy a new game for an xbox, wii or play station every month, or renting a couple of videos each month. Everyone pays for some form of entertainment, for me, it's Farm Town.

Laurentia
Dec 16 2011, 01:57 PM
* never mind

Fred1716
Dec 16 2011, 03:36 PM
you must hve lots of neighbors to make that much in one swoop, cause i barely make 5 mill and i only got like 3 neighbors at most i can go thru at a time. and i got friends who love doing facilities also but they got fewer than i do.

SunnyD
Dec 16 2011, 08:01 PM
is anyone else not able to post when you reach a new level in crops harvesting....... i guess it is called "Dan" levels??? not gotten one posted all day today...........honestly

1fritz
Dec 16 2011, 09:39 PM
I spend money on the game because I like to support what I enjoy doing. I feel the devs deserve it. Most games keep throwing new things out there everyday and costs money. This game doesn't do that, which to me makes it that much more worth while. Those of us that do spend real cash on the game, keeps that game going for those that can't. Also, gaining more neighbors, you give them a chance to boost from you and vice versa.

I've had times, when I would feel stressed or bored, I would just back away for awhile, play another game and the same would happen there and I'd be back at this one. I love this game and have never seen more cooperative developers than these guys.

I agree.. with all you said. Been playing a long time and plan to continue playing.

Fritz

1fritz
Dec 16 2011, 09:46 PM
you must hve lots of neighbors to make that much in one swoop, cause i barely make 5 mill and i only got like 3 neighbors at most i can go thru at a time. and i got friends who love doing facilities also but they got fewer than i do.

Fred 1716..If you need or want more neighbors there's the farmtown social section on the forum with a lot of folks looking for neighbors. If it would help feel free to add me as neighbor. I gift daily post my facilities twice a week.

Fritz

thonotosassa
Dec 16 2011, 10:03 PM
ALL I want for Christmas. . . . . is that the ready grown Farms is being RED, instead of green on the squares on the left upper side!! Please Santa, it takes me too much time to go into each farm to see if it's ready!

Thanks!
Simera

Just plant the same time crops on all farms. It makes it easier to hire h/p too. I just hire all except for my Christmas farm and they do all 11 farms and I replant all same time crops. Problem solved! Bingo!

Docperk
Dec 16 2011, 11:39 PM
ALL I want for Christmas. . . . . is that the ready grown Farms is being RED, instead of green on the squares on the left upper side!! Please Santa, it takes me too much time to go into each farm to see if it's ready!

Thanks!
Simera

What I think would be nice is a little indicator telling you what farm your worker is on. Ever hired someone for all fields and then have to go to all farms looking for them or to see if they are actually even still on your farm and you will like as your are moving from farm to farm so are they. I chased one around this morning seemed like forever before I finally got up with her. I would settle for just a little dot on the farm indicator or maybe even one for each worker. For some people that that would be a lot of dots... :) I usually only hire one for the whole job unless I get someone that don't like to fish or chop then I have to hire multiple people. Some market workers are really picky about what kind of work they will do. :) sorry got side tracked

katrina719
Dec 17 2011, 03:52 PM
My farm #1, is not a working farm it's Fun Town. I don't have any plans to expand it, unless I end up adding more "town" stuff on it like another restaurant.

I'd like to know why is the game set up so that we start expanding from farm 1, rather than be given a choice of what farm to expand ?

I have 5 working farms with 1/2 decor (out of 12) ..cause i like to decorate Random numbered farms is what I'd like to expand for more crops. The other 7 are
water,
trees,
flowers,
town,
Christmas,
and 3 facilities.

Can the possibility exist on choice of # farm expansion? Thanks so much

PS I posted this elsewhere as well

Grayce M. Jones
Dec 18 2011, 09:03 AM
I sure hope quests are not like that other game. And daily, just dont know. Wish the upgrades were not that expensive. buying your cash is expensive enough. Another farm game I play you get 110 of their cash for $10. where here you only get 55 and now more for the extra land on top of that.

tinytreasures
Dec 18 2011, 11:18 AM
Okay I own the brown irrigater and want to upgrade but it says i must purchase the brown first , Help please I do not want to buy the brown AGAIN

sharbu123
Dec 18 2011, 12:20 PM
How do the paid for outfits work?

LoreneC
Dec 18 2011, 12:28 PM
Click this link to the original announcement and read No. 8 it is explained in detail there.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459286

Rob T
Dec 18 2011, 12:55 PM
Okay I own the brown irrigater and want to upgrade but it says i must purchase the brown first , Help please I do not want to buy the brown AGAIN

You must have the brown sprinkler in storage, try putting it in there :)

jewelsbyrose@aol.com
Dec 19 2011, 07:34 AM
Just wondering, what will the off line trains do for us. Can't wait to find out. I already upgraded two of my farms to 26. Hurry with the trains

Melicious266
Dec 19 2011, 09:18 PM
Oh oh, daily quests? Like that other farm game? Say it ain't so! I am wondering about new products for existing facilities, like fruitcake or eggnog for the holidays? Any news on that front? Thanks for another great update :)

:confused:Oh no! Please don't make farm town like farmville!!!!!!:eek: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T do it! I beg of you. I stopped playing farmville because the whole game became nothing but a quest to see how many friends you can annoy and alienate by repeatedly begging, pleading, harassing, haranguing them to send you gifts or you can't progress in the game.:(

Taz D
Dec 19 2011, 09:36 PM
:confused:Oh no! Please don't make farm town like farmville!!!!!!:eek: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T do it! I beg of you. I stopped playing farmville because the whole game became nothing but a quest to see how many friends you can annoy and alienate by repeatedly begging, pleading, harassing, haranguing them to send you gifts or you can't progress in the game.:(
They have not said what kind of or how the daily quests are going to be done. So maybe we should wait for the next release and see what they come up with.

Docperk
Dec 19 2011, 09:48 PM
Just wondering, what will the off line trains do for us. Can't wait to find out. I already upgraded two of my farms to 26. Hurry with the trains

My guess would be something like the Semi-trailer, but I could be way off base but if it is wonder what you haul on a train that can't haul on a semi? And why would would that be worth a teaser like we got? Things that make go hmm. :)

dnana
Dec 19 2011, 10:27 PM
My out of pocket expense exceeds $200.00 over the past 1 1/2 years. My hubby asked me the other day why would I spend money on something that I don't get anything back from and my words to him were, "I do get something back from it. I get to create, design, socialize and de-stress all in the comfort of my recliner and that is worth money to me". However, I must admit, I can't see myself spending much more on it. I've go so much now that I have as many as 6 of the basic facilities such as factories that produce sugar, dairy products, lumber, metals, fish and etc and still can't keep my factories stocked to the fullest degree.

I don't stress out about filling facs and services to full. I don't even know what I would need to do that and I don't want to know! :) Posting facs and servs is a bonus for all of us, no matter how much is there to do. I post once a week after working others facs and servs and a few harvests here and there and I'm posting most factories at over 10,000 in goods each. Those who post factory work everyday will never know the thrill of adding 400 million coins in one throw, lol!

I've probably spent that much and more between my farms and my grandson's farm just in the last 6 months and I totally agree with those who say it's worth every penny. We have something great here and the devs deserve to get paid. You are not forced to spend anything to play except your time...all items are available if you play long enuff. I've left every other game *coughcough*zynga*cough* because I felt I was being forced to spend real money to continue to play. I'll spend it, but on my own terms! :) Thanks, Slashkey, you guys rock!

Docperk
Dec 19 2011, 10:44 PM
I don't stress out about filling facs and services to full. I don't even know what I would need to do that and I don't want to know! :) Posting facs and servs is a bonus for all of us, no matter how much is there to do. I post once a week after working others facs and servs and a few harvests here and there and I'm posting most factories at over 10,000 in goods each. Those who post factory work everyday will never know the thrill of adding 400 million coins in one throw, lol!

I've probably spent that much and more between my farms and my grandson's farm just in the last 6 months and I totally agree with those who say it's worth every penny. We have something great here and the devs deserve to get paid. You are not forced to spend anything to play except your time...all items are available if you play long enuff. I've left every other game *coughcough*zynga*cough* because I felt I was being forced to spend real money to continue to play. I'll spend it, but on my own terms! :) Thanks, Slashkey, you guys rock!

I only want to disagree with one thing here, " Those who post factory work everyday will never know the thrill of adding 400 million coins in one throw, lol!" I don't post every day but I do every other day, but I don't cash in until the next update, other than my service facilities, and actually last time I went from the release of farm 11 to farm 12 before I cashed in and when I did I got the 3 billion + I spent on the farm upgrade back. I felt pretty good about that. :)

StoneFace
Dec 20 2011, 07:26 AM
I only want to disagree with one thing here, " Those who post factory work everyday will never know the thrill of adding 400 million coins in one throw, lol!" I don't post every day but I do every other day, but I don't cash in until the next update, other than my service facilities, and actually last time I went from the release of farm 11 to farm 12 before I cashed in and when I did I got the 3 billion + I spent on the farm upgrade back. I felt pretty good about that. :)

hahah...

Yeah, for the last year and a half, I have totaled out my farms each Sunday. I restock the facilities, harvest crops, sheds etc......then go to market and cash out. And I have a word.doc that has the weekly total... (yep, FT addict here). And then, since the beginning of the service facilities, I "cash out" them all and track that too....

On slow weeks, the Serv Facs bring in about $200million, and on a normal week (posting about 3 times), the Serv Facs bring in $400million

so that is $400 million coins in one throw... and after the products have all been produced in factories and plants.

When I work a little "harder" (seldom do, cuz I would rather play the game than work the game), each of my accounts will generate about $1.3 billion coins per week.

I don't need the coin. It accumulates on its own, I spend it on my own, and I have only spent a few billion coin on the farms.... the rest was FT$$.

DebLee
Dec 21 2011, 09:55 AM
My fish farming facility will not finish the products produced. It stays in pending. I had the facility on one farm. Noticed I was running out of bait. Shouldn't have been. Then realized it seemed stuck. I put it in my storage, took it out, nothing changed. I put it back in my storage put it on another farm. Everything went to 0. I did produce at around 9 p.m. last night saying 6 hrs before next 24. Today 11 hours later it says 4 hrs left. Zero in all done. I've cleaned cache and everything else. I believe it is the only facility not working. Also, I noticed in a post that all three sprinklers should be showing. I'm only showing the brown and orange. I've bought all three. Please help.

Taz D
Dec 21 2011, 10:40 AM
My fish farming facility will not finish the products produced. It stays in pending. I had the facility on one farm. Noticed I was running out of bait. Shouldn't have been. Then realized it seemed stuck. I put it in my storage, took it out, nothing changed. I put it back in my storage put it on another farm. Everything went to 0. I did produce at around 9 p.m. last night saying 6 hrs before next 24. Today 11 hours later it says 4 hrs left. Zero in all done. I've cleaned cache and everything else. I believe it is the only facility not working. Also, I noticed in a post that all three sprinklers should be showing. I'm only showing the brown and orange. I've bought all three. Please help.
As far as the sprinklers all they added back was the brown one so you could water your flowers without speeding them up. As far as the other two it only shows the top level one which does all of the speeding up. That part is just like the manure spreader. If you have the one that does all of the crops, trees, and flowers then that is the only one that shows.

al_bundy
Dec 21 2011, 03:51 PM

hi check the date and time on your computer incorrect settings can cause problems. Taz has answered the sprinkler question :)

mary m cornell
Dec 21 2011, 05:19 PM
I love playing this games. Always improving! Where do we add suggestions? I'd would like to suggest a box we could check when loading our facilities to ask for help and to print for All facilities at once. Too much clicking right now. It takes so long to post all.

katrina719
Dec 21 2011, 09:29 PM
I love playing this games. Always improving! Where do we add suggestions? I'd would like to suggest a box we could check when loading our facilities to ask for help and to print for All facilities at once. Too much clicking right now. It takes so long to post all.

Click the tool box, then the green arrow, The window that opens will show you on the left the Facilities Manager. Click on that and from the drop down menu up top right, choose All Farms.

You will be able to load all your facilities and send then off all at once.

Tiger
Dec 22 2011, 05:55 AM

Hi there,

I could be misunderstanding you, but are you saying you are posting a work request for every facility?

You only need to post 2 at most. One for the normal facilities where you click "Work on All" and another for the service facilities where you click "Refer clients". Each post will take your friend to your farm, when they accept the work offer the "farm selector" ( diamonds ) will reload and highlight each of the farms that has work on it, when they have completed the work on the first farm they get to, all they do is go to each of the highlighted farms (diamonds) and the work request will automatically load for them.

If that's not what you mean, here's the link to the suggestions area of the forum, you will not be able to start a "New Thread" there, all you do is find one with a title that most suits your idea and post a "Reply. If you can't find one there is one called "My Idea doesn't have a Thread" which you can post in....

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

TerriFlynn
Dec 22 2011, 03:42 PM
I wonder if tonight will bring us an update, a little early, yes, but they usually do something just before a holiday. Or perhaps one just before New Years. At any rate, bring it on, I am ready!!! Merry Christmas everyone!

THE MERCHANT
Dec 23 2011, 12:04 AM
I know that a hospital near me puts a fresh flower on the trays for patients....could there be the usage of flowers that are not currently used in factories now? Some of us had flowers BEFORE the factories, AND it seems like ppl just want to plant what they can use. I find some of the flowers prettier than others. Would it be possible to EXPAND that potential. I'd also like beavers, raccoons as animals, and beaver dams to put on the rivers. It would be nice. Thanks so much!!!!

Satis
Dec 23 2011, 10:13 AM
I'd also like beavers, raccoons as animals, and beaver dams to put on the rivers. It would be nice. Thanks so much!!!!

Good idea. Otters please!

Tiger
Dec 23 2011, 02:41 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback on this month's release. Please remember that Ideas for the game would be better placed in the suggestions area of the forum, where they are gathered for the developers to see. You will not be able to start a "New Thread" there, all you do is find one with a title that most suits your idea and post a "Reply. If you can't find one there is one called "My Idea doesn't have a Thread" which you can post in.
Here's the link to the Suggestions area of the forum....
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Thank you

Docperk
Dec 24 2011, 08:19 PM
Only problem I have been having lately is that when in the Market when the server refreshes, nobody shows back up. I have to select the market from the map again. I am on WF36 these days. Anybody else have this issue?

kahra01
Dec 24 2011, 08:33 PM
Xmas day here in Aus.. and no presents (updates) from Farmtown Devs.. wahhhhhhhhhh! lol..Just kidding! Hope all the devs and mods have a fantastic xmas with their families.. Merry xmas everyone! stay safe and enjoy the day :D :D

swd
Dec 24 2011, 08:49 PM
Just bought the Orange Sprinkler to irrigate crops. I watered using the orange sprinkler, harvested crops and replanted crops. The new crops are not watered. Why isn't my 2nd crop in the same day getting watered. No where does it say that only one crop will be watered.

Taz D
Dec 24 2011, 09:35 PM
Just bought the Orange Sprinkler to irrigate crops. I watered using the orange sprinkler, harvested crops and replanted crops. The new crops are not watered. Why isn't my 2nd crop in the same day getting watered. No where does it say that only one crop will be watered.
Actually it does say that. The watering only works on the the crop planted before you water. And you cannot water again for 1 Farm Town day.
This is from the August 30th release when the Red sprinkler was released. "This tool is an extension of the Brown Mobile Sprinkler, meaning, unlike the Manure Spreaders, you are irrigating the plants, not the farm, so if you plant new ones and you want them to grow twice as fast, you will have to irrigate them after you plant them."

sharbu123
Dec 24 2011, 09:43 PM
I did get a pop-up about updates but now I cannot find any info about increased purchasing power by increasing diversity etc.

Taz D
Dec 24 2011, 11:17 PM
I did get a pop-up about updates but now I cannot find any info about increased purchasing power by increasing diversity etc.
It is the first post from Raul in this thread.

Debosophy
Dec 27 2011, 11:19 PM
Love the upgrade.

I still respectfully request that we have the space in stables, sheds, etc doubled (or even tripled, wink wink) so that we can produce more eggs, milk, etc.

kahra01
Dec 28 2011, 12:51 AM
ok xmas came and went so now I'll start singing.. "all i want for new years is a FT upgrade"... think that will help? hahaha :p:p;)

chloekin
Dec 29 2011, 12:28 AM
ok I been away for a while where do i find neighbour and gift requests now

al_bundy
Dec 29 2011, 01:37 AM
ok I been away for a while where do i find neighbour and gift requests now

There in 2 locations

1. The original location under game requests on the facebook home page

2. There is a new "My Requests" Tab above the game window

:)

roz1972
Dec 29 2011, 07:50 AM
Only problem I have been having lately is that when in the Market when the server refreshes, nobody shows back up. I have to select the market from the map again. I am on WF36 these days. Anybody else have this issue?

yes i have been having this problem

mjl1960
Dec 29 2011, 02:06 PM
Really would be nice if there was no limits on how many facilities of the same type you have on the same farm and they would all produce. I can't get enough minerals to keep things in operation, and everyone is short of products from the animals most of the time. I am getting so many coins that I have no use for them, approaching 20 Billion. I just don't see what the use of the limits is.

Taz D
Dec 29 2011, 02:15 PM
Really would be nice if there was no limits on how many facilities of the same type you have on the same farm and they would all produce. I can't get enough minerals to keep things in operation, and everyone is short of products from the animals most of the time. I am getting so many coins that I have no use for them, approaching 20 Billion. I just don't see what the use of the limits is.
Gee you could spend those coins fast...10 billion per farm to upgrade to 26x26...:D

cybrdrvr
Dec 29 2011, 07:18 PM
I have a coffee grinder on my farm.....i also grew 4 fields of coffee.....however, it show no coffee grinder in the facilities(used to be there) and does not show that 4 fields were h/p or combined at all....do you know why coffee grinder shows up on the field or why combined coffee does not show up in the product line????

Taz D
Dec 29 2011, 08:25 PM
I have a coffee grinder on my farm.....i also grew 4 fields of coffee.....however, it show no coffee grinder in the facilities(used to be there) and does not show that 4 fields were h/p or combined at all....do you know why coffee grinder shows up on the field or why combined coffee does not show up in the product line????
For the coffee grinder not showing in the facility manager, check to make sure your filiter is set to All facilities and not just Active facilities.

Docperk
Dec 29 2011, 08:59 PM
ok xmas came and went so now I'll start singing.. "all i want for new years is a FT upgrade"... think that will help? hahaha :p:p;)

I would like to see one to end the year with. There is still time and it is on a weekend when they usually happen... :)

Docperk
Dec 29 2011, 09:01 PM
I would still like to see us be able to set different options for the same type of facility on different fields. Please.

kahra01
Dec 29 2011, 10:07 PM
I would like to see one to end the year with. There is still time and it is on a weekend when they usually happen... :)

LMAO Docperk.. you think im going through withdrawals much? hahaha

Taz D
Dec 30 2011, 04:58 PM
Would sure be nice to have some new toys for New Years Eve....:D

How about it Raul???

Have a safe and Happy New Year fellow farmers!!:)

Mrs Mags
Dec 30 2011, 05:55 PM
We are currently holding the Mayor hostage...until we get some new toys to play with.....:D:D:D

Aussie Rae
Dec 30 2011, 09:11 PM
sigh!! no new stuff yet...lol

StoneFace
Dec 30 2011, 09:26 PM
well, there is some activity

all the Christmas banners, trees and such are no longer on the gift page

StoneFace
Dec 30 2011, 09:28 PM
and if you go to the store....

the tab with the Holiday stuff is all gone

spartan7886
Dec 30 2011, 09:28 PM
New Product Belts

StoneFace
Dec 30 2011, 09:29 PM
New facilities

woo hoo...

even a circus for the clown farmers

spartan7886
Dec 30 2011, 09:38 PM
New minigame, too

StoneFace
Dec 30 2011, 09:39 PM
and now another mini game

so far...... nothing to excite me in particular.... I may replace the car repair shop in my town with the one that will make some coin.... although with 8 billion, I don't really need it......

ho hum