PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- January 21st, 2012

Pages : 1 [2] 3

HelenJS22
Jan 27 2012, 05:27 AM
yep ive completed two today. it will show a green tick on the item in the top left - the item the quest was made - you will see black writing above saying quest is complete

there is a button at the bottom saying "redeem prize"

i got 6 mil plus for the big one i completed, and 3 mil plus for the second easier quest..

thats gonna add up if u can do one a day..

and Ive so got these thing worked out now :)

WHAT ?!?! No smiley stamp ??

Thanks for that. Prizes like that will go a long way towards buy expansions and new farms.

I'm looking forward to seeing two complete tomorrow.

1fritz
Jan 27 2012, 06:44 AM
Just wanted to thank Raul and Devs for the quests.. Think I'm going to enjoy these.

Also Thank you Taz D and Horneyroo...by reading your posts I was able to figure the procedure out.

I appreciate your help.

Fritz

kahra01
Jan 27 2012, 07:15 AM
One a day is all you get...:D

OH! lol.. thanks Taz :) .. thought I wasnt understanding it properly! I thought I read that you could have multiple quests going.. but that might be when you get longer quests.. the ones im getting at the moment are rather short! Thanks for your help! :D:o

maggiel29
Jan 27 2012, 08:07 AM
thats what confused me too, and yes your right.. heres what if ugred out so far

as long as youve harvest/chop/fished for the raw ingredients.. you can then proceed to click for the others in your faciltities - dont do the click all thing

at this point im going in manually and clicking each item the amount i need to (this may not be necessary, im still working on that)

as long as you can make the final product from what you have in storage (not from what u made in the quest panel - again i was getting confused there) as soon as the final product the quest requires times out its complete, wether or not the ingredients you used were finished.

Thanks - that makes it a whole lot quicker. Will try it on the next one.

Deborah1979
Jan 27 2012, 09:03 AM
:D
Thanks devs!! I think the Quests are going to be great fun and a good addition to the game....except for one problem that has been mentioned. I'm really NOT complaining or whining ;) (much), but eventually I know that I will get a Quest for an end product that I don't own the facility to produce...example..If I get one for a Doll, I own everything else to produce raw materials, but I don't have the Toy Factory.

Would it be possible for you to allow us to skip a Quest that we can't do and continue immediately to the next one?? or will we just have to be patient :eek: and wait until the next day?

Once I read several previous posts, I finally realized that just because I had accidentally loaded my metal mill to 100%, I didn't have to wait for the 282 hours that were listed in the black circle. Once the sheets I needed were produced, I was able to continue on.

Since a lot of us are posting what our first few Quests are, here goes mine!

Produce 4 Vanity Mirror
Harvest Maple Log Pile, then produce Maple Lumber, start iron ore, chromite ore, quartz rock, soda crystals, aluminum ore, (whew!!) then continue and start flat glass sheet, aluminum sheet, stainless steel sheet, sink & faucet, mirror glass sheet, and FINALLY, produce Vanity with Mirror!!
12 steps to get to that Vanity.

Boy, was it worth it!! ...11,934,000 coins Whoo-hoo

Off to complete my 2nd Quest which is MUCH simpler...Produce 5 Stainless Steel Sheets. (iron ore and chromite ore then sheets)

Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions and feedback. We'll continue to learn from each other.

Deborah

Dutch85
Jan 27 2012, 09:17 AM
My question is this: While doing a quest, should we refrain from filling our facilities and posting them for neighbors to work? Will this interfere with our quests?

Rob T
Jan 27 2012, 09:21 AM
My question is this: While doing a quest, should we refrain from filling our facilities and posting them for neighbors to work? Will this interfere with our quests?

no you carry on with normal facility work... just remember that when dong quests to start the items for the quest in single batches, once you have started the single batches, and the quest recognises that, then fill them as normal.

The devs know about that small glitch and will hopefully fix it so you wont have to do single batches for the quests

LoreneC
Jan 27 2012, 09:24 AM
Because this was added to Raul's original post:

Known Issues:

- The facility product Belt popups are frustrating some users, we will release an update soon that will allow you to disable them in the current session

- When completing a Quest Step by clicking the +30 or +All button the Quest Manager shows that you have to wait until all the products you just started gets done, you should wait only for the amounts of products needed to complete the quest step

My understanding is that adding ingredients one batch at a time is temporary. Is that your understanding?

Rob T
Jan 27 2012, 09:26 AM
Because this was added to Raul's original post:

Known Issues:

- The facility product Belt popups are frustrating some users, we will release an update soon that will allow you to disable them in the current session

- When completing a Quest Step by clicking the +30 or +All button the Quest Manager shows that you have to wait until all the products you just started gets done, you should wait only for the amounts of products needed to complete the quest step

My understanding is that adding ingredients one batch at a time is temporary. Is that your understanding?

Yes that is correct, the 1 at a time is a temporary glitch

jesdreher
Jan 27 2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks so much for the clarification on the quests. I think I understand now, and if what you're saying is true, I won't have to wait 6 days for my unicycle..it should just finish up today even if I still have black circles on individual ingredients.

Also, thank you so much for adding the quests. I took a several month break from Farm Town because it was just getting monotonous. Now that the quests are live, I'm back and ready to go!

Johnny Popper
Jan 27 2012, 09:57 AM
OK, I'm confused. My first quest included producing 10x Red Pigment in a fac. Overnight, my fac "produced" 120 batches and I sent them to storage and it's showing the quest is not completed. What am I missing?? It's still showing started 10 started out of 10 total.

DARLENEW
Jan 27 2012, 10:18 AM
Thank you, thank you....now I FINALLY understand how to do the quests....hopefully, I figured it out in time to complete it!!!!!!:)

Dutch85
Jan 27 2012, 10:52 AM
no you carry on with normal facility work... just remember that when dong quests to start the items for the quest in single batches, once you have started the single batches, and the quest recognises that, then fill them as normal.

The devs know about that small glitch and will hopefully fix it so you wont have to do single batches for the quests

Thanks Rob:)

gerigp1
Jan 27 2012, 11:36 AM
has anyone seen the post to tell us how to shut off the pop-ups? They are so annoying.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 27 2012, 12:42 PM
Yep, but when you get several dill brains doing it, that can really mess with your facebook page. I'm trying not to be mean and taking them off my list, but just clicking them all off.

Oh wow. Players are so different. I LOVE it when my neighbors post those things. It gives me a choice of what to collect. A very cool feature, IMO. I agree that the way they're presented - all the popups - is annoying. Maybe a checklist of everything we can post so we can select the ones we want at the end?

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 12:48 PM
Well my omelettes must be super fantastic, extra special ones because it says 173 in the little black circle :p
Helen you are supposed to start only 1 batch. Then it would have been only 6 hrs.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 27 2012, 12:57 PM
I've got questions about the quests. My first quest is 20 P & J Sandwiches. I harvested some sugar this morning and started the Sugar Refinery. It says it needs 10.3 days to complete the "Produce Sugar" part of it (quest ends in 5.6 days). I loaded my Sugar Refinery 100% - maybe I should have just started what I needed for the quest?

I thought maybe I could go ahead and start my bread, strawberry jam, etc., because I have plenty of everything in store. So I started all factories but didn't get credit for any of them. So do I have to use the wheat I planted for the quest to make the flour? And that flour to make the bread, etc?

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 01:07 PM
Known Issues:

My only concern about this is it sounds like we will not be able to post any of them if we use this. Also what happens when you start the next session? I have had some pop up when I came back to my farm later as well as when I went to work others facilities. Are those going to be stopped too?
As others have mentioned. We need a way to see all of those that pop up as a list that we can choose from to post the ones we want. We have not had this problem in past belt additions because the plants, trees, flowers, and fish pop ups didn't come so close together and in massive groups like the facility ones have. These would need to be session available. If you leave the farm before checking them, they should no longer be available.

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 01:14 PM
I've got questions about the quests. My first quest is 20 P & J Sandwiches. I harvested some sugar this morning and started the Sugar Refinery. It says it needs 10.3 days to complete the "Produce Sugar" part of it (quest ends in 5.6 days). I loaded my Sugar Refinery 100% - maybe I should have just started what I needed for the quest?

I thought maybe I could go ahead and start my bread, strawberry jam, etc., because I have plenty of everything in store. So I started all factories but didn't get credit for any of them. So do I have to use the wheat I planted for the quest to make the flour? And that flour to make the bread, etc?
Susan, for the wheat you don't have to use what you planted however it has to be harvested before you can move on. Once it is harvested then you can start your flour. Once the flour is started, you can make your bread. For your strawberry jam you need to wait until the strawberries are harvested before you can make the jam.
Currently yes you need to start only single batches for the quest. That way the time is not at the full time to complete all of the batches started.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 27 2012, 02:17 PM
My only concern about this is it sounds like we will not be able to post any of them if we use this. Also what happens when you start the next session? I have had some pop up when I came back to my farm later as well as when I went to work others facilities. Are those going to be stopped too?
As others have mentioned. We need a way to see all of those that pop up as a list that we can choose from to post the ones we want. We have not had this problem in past belt additions because the plants, trees, flowers, and fish pop ups didn't come so close together and in massive groups like the facility ones have. These would need to be session available. If you leave the farm before checking them, they should no longer be available.

Yep, I agree. I definitely want to be able to see them and post them - just all in one place, not one at a time.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 27 2012, 02:18 PM
Susan, for the wheat you don't have to use what you planted however it has to be harvested before you can move on. Once it is harvested then you can start your flour. Once the flour is started, you can make your bread. For your strawberry jam you need to wait until the strawberries are harvested before you can make the jam.
Currently yes you need to start only single batches for the quest. That way the time is not at the full time to complete all of the batches started.

Ah! Ok, thanks for explaining.

kaisaj
Jan 27 2012, 03:10 PM
I don't know, I think the quests are confusing. I harvested the ebony trees, got credit for it. But now it says I have not done them in the facility and I have. I guess I don't really understand them. If I have to complete each step somehow then each step should be CLEARLY defined.:(

Tiger
Jan 27 2012, 03:16 PM
I don't know, I think the quests are confusing. I harvested the ebony trees, got credit for it. But now it says I have not done them in the facility and I have. I guess I don't really understand them. If I have to complete each step somehow then each step should be CLEARLY defined.:(

Hi there,

Are you doing them in the order they appear? For example harvest, then when you have a check mark for that completed, start the next step. If the next step is making something in a facility, use the "START BATCH" button not the "+30" or "ALL" button.

feynt_of_heart
Jan 27 2012, 03:33 PM
I am pleased there is another farm and more crops. However, please add some more two hour crops. I am sick to death of raspberries and I am sure others are also. :)
I am not pleased ( in fact I am furious!) that you reduced the prices on the previous expansions after many bought them. What is up with that? Not very nice of you and definitely now player friendly. You should refund those that bought them out the inflated prices the difference back because it's the right thing to do. If we want to be screwed over we can play the Zynga games. :mad:

Thank you.
Ok Since this is the only way I can post a complaint I will do so, Many Farm Town Players have experienced a shut-Down of Farmer Facility Help Request Tab.
What happened?

feynt_of_heart
Jan 27 2012, 03:35 PM
There's a shut-down with the facility Help Request tab. Is the Farm Town down for some reason?

lyndalu47
Jan 27 2012, 04:10 PM
i am very disappointed to see reduced prices on farm expansions after i paid FULL price for mine . . . i do hope that you will look into this and make it up to those of us who have paid full price - it doesn't seem right some how with things the way they are!
other than that, i am loving the new farm and crops and facilities and tools! i do love my farmtown!

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 04:23 PM
There's a shut-down with the facility Help Request tab. Is the Farm Town down for some reason?
Farm Town is not down. What happens when you try to click on the facility help request?

amfdavis21003
Jan 27 2012, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE]
Known Issues:

I also would like to know if this ability to disable will affect the ability to post bonuses to share? If so, I can deal with the annoyance until my limit of 5 is reached, but am looking forward to being able to disable them once I've posted the limit for the day :cool:

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 04:29 PM
i am very disappointed to see reduced prices on farm expansions after i paid FULL price for mine . . . i do hope that you will look into this and make it up to those of us who have paid full price - it doesn't seem right some how with things the way they are!
other than that, i am loving the new farm and crops and facilities and tools! i do love my farmtown!
No prices have been reduced. You still must pay 10 billion or 30 FC for the expansions on farms 1-4. The next batch of farm expansions were released with a lower price, and the last batch were lowered further, but no has paid a higher price for those batches. Farm Town has never reduced any of their prices once they were released.

turtlefyre23
Jan 27 2012, 05:03 PM
Farm Town is not down. What happens when you try to click on the facility help request?

I have the same problem. It will act like it is loading and then I will get the blue facebook bar across the top and rest of the page will be blank. I've gotten a lot more than usual "time outs" I use Chrome if that makes a difference.

Grumpa
Jan 27 2012, 05:08 PM

The expansion prices are the same now as they were when they were released, for the 26x26. 10, 5 & 3 billion.

You can look it up in the old update notices

Farmer Homer
Jan 27 2012, 06:26 PM
Loving the quests. Of course I hit the start all button and have 121 hours left until my pine lumber is finished but live and learn. Looks like they may be changing that anyway. Right now I want to drag my red sprinkler over to the lumber mill to give it a squirt. ;)

Not so patiently waiting for my second quest to see if I can get it right.

FarmerMcLashwood
Jan 27 2012, 06:37 PM
Just wondering...... when are we going to get the new levels? Raul said later on in the week... but its been a week already....... am desperate for the extra fc this will generate so I can buy another tool.

moravia
Jan 27 2012, 06:41 PM

I haven't bought them yet so I can assure you the prices for those first few are still outrageously expensive and have not gone down in price. The others may be cheaper, but the first 4 or 5 haven't changed

Hornyroo
Jan 27 2012, 06:41 PM
Just wondering...... when are we going to get the new levels? Raul said later on in the week... but its been a week already....... am desperate for the extra fc this will generate so I can buy another tool.

nobody knows but Raul and the Dev's - and "Coming Soon" and "Next Week" shouldnt always be taken literally in regards to Farm Town lol.. :D

FarmerMcLashwood
Jan 27 2012, 07:04 PM
Seems to be a problem with gifting.... just accepted all my gifts and stored/used them...... but the gifts are still showing up in "My requests"

JW2009
Jan 27 2012, 07:16 PM
QUESTS Problem, the fact that we need to produce one item at a time is not working well since we have tools to load up our facilities, it should be fixed so that it counts faster, right now we are stuck waiting and yet it says it will take longer then the time limit we have, this issue needs to be addressed please, otherwise these QUESTS are awesome - Thank you and Happy Farming :)

holla
Jan 27 2012, 07:27 PM
QUESTS Problem, the fact that we need to produce one item at a time is not working well since we have tools to load up our facilities, it should be fixed so that it counts faster, right now we are stuck waiting and yet it says it will take longer then the time limit we have, this issue needs to be addressed please, otherwise these QUESTS are awesome - Thank you and Happy Farming :)

LOL!....i did the same thing, i learned you have to click on the item separatly for it to work right...click once for 1 batch, so you dont wait so long.....i learned that cause im waiting 54 hours to complete a 2 day quest.LMAO...figure that one out.:eek:

anyway live and learn they might fix that later but dont hit start all +10 Or +30, click separate+1..:rolleyes:

JW2009
Jan 27 2012, 07:33 PM
I checked my QUESTS again, and it seems to be fixed :) Thank you & Happy FarmingLOL!....i did the same thing, i learned you have to click on the item separatly for it to work right...click once for 1 batch, so you dont wait so long.....i learned that cause im waiting 54 hours to complete a 2 day quest.LMAO...figure that one out.:eek:

anyway live and learn they might fix that later but dont hit start all +10 Or +30, click separate+1..:rolleyes:

cbeckner80
Jan 27 2012, 08:06 PM
For my quest, there are several boxes and all are checked green except the one for latex, which says nothing harvested yet even though I over 8500 in storage. That is the part I don't understand clearly. ????

jcassemjr
Jan 27 2012, 08:11 PM
For my quest, there are several boxes and all are checked green except the one for latex, which says nothing harvested yet even though I over 8500 in storage. That is the part I don't understand clearly. ????

All of the actions have to be completed AFTER you accept the Quest. You you will need to produce the latex, as you could have 1 trillion in stock, and it still wouldn't matter.

dojewo
Jan 27 2012, 08:14 PM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Jan 27, 8:30PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 6 new Crops: You can already earn Belts and Dans on them.

Scallions
Alfalfa
Coriander (Cilantro Seeds)
Saffron
Brussels Sprout
Chickpeas

2. 25 New Levels (Coming sometime next week): About 60 items all in coins.

3. 26x26 Farm Expansions for Farms 11 and 12: Here are the prices -> 3,000,000,000 Coins or 25 FarmCash.

4. Farm 13: Here are the prices in coins (FC prices remains the same):

12 x 12 Farm 13: 13000000
14 x 14 Upgrade: 10000000
16 x 16 Upgrade: 11000000
18 x 18 Upgrade: 12000000
20 x 20 Upgrade: 1300000000
22 x 22 Upgrade: 1400000000
24 x 24 Upgrade: 1500000000
26 x 26 Upgrade: 3000000000

5. Quests: There is a new icon in the extended tool bar (Mystery Dice) that will allow you to accept new Quests. Here are the rules:

- Quests are only enabled for users at level 30 or higher

- You can only accept 1 Quest per day and it has to be completed before it expires

- You can have several active Quests at the same time depending on your level, here is the table:

Level 30.....1 Max Active Quests
Level 50.....2 Max Active Quests
Level 100....3 Max Active Quests
Level 150....4 Max Active Quests
Level 200....5 Max Active Quests

- A Quest has several steps and it will be completed when all its steps are completed

- Roll your mouse over each Quest Step to find out what needs to be done

- You will earn prizes every time you complete a Quest. The prize in coins will be higher depending on:

a) How fast the Quest was completed
b) The complexity of the Quest (amount of Quest Steps)
c) User Level

- In the future the Mayor might occasionally award you 1 FarmCash and/or ingredients based on your performance in previous Quests

- Right now, Quest Steps need to be completed by working by yourself in your farm or facilities. That is to say, crops or products you get as a bonus working for others, as gifts or by trading at the market won't count, but they will in the future. For now, if you hire others to harvest it wont count either, this may change as well.

- You can use any tool when harvesting, fishihg, etc.

6. Belts and Dans for Facility Products: The next 25 Facilities (in order of appearance in the Store) now have Belts and Dans enabled for each product. With each Belt or Dan you achieve you will increase your chances of getting a "free" Batch automatically for every Batch you start from that point on. Free Batches means that a new Batch is sent to production without consuming any ingredients or coins. See previous Release Post for the benefit % table.

7. Content Changes:

- Mineral Mine now produces Salt
- Cotton crop maturity reduced from 4 days to 3 days
- Sports Accessories Factory now produces Pool Cue Set, Pool Table Brush, Dart Set and Dartboards
- Furniture Factory now produces Pub Tables
- Glass Factory now produces Lantern Glass
- Duplicated production output for the Scented Candles

8. Explorer Accessories Factory (coins): Produces Accessories for Explorer Enthusiasts.

Camping Tent
Mosquito Net
Swiss Knife
Hiking Pole
Rescue Whistle
Signal Mirror
Folding Grill
Candle Lantern

9. Hibachi Japanese Restaurant (FC): Produces Hibachi Food.

Sake Shots
Sushi Combo
Grilled Tofu Steak
Hibachi Vegetables
Hibachi Steak
Hibachi Chicken
Hibachi Seafood
Banana Tempura

10. Explorer Shop (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Hammock
Tea Kettle
Camping Tent
Mosquito Net
Swiss Knife
Hiking Pole
Rescue Whistle
Signal Mirror
Folding Grill
Candle Lantern
Veggie Snack
Walnut Snack
Pistachios Snack
Chocolate Peanuts

11. Pub (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

FarmTown Beer
FarmTown Strong Beer
FarmTown Honey Beer
Calamari Rings
Mushroom Burger
Grilled Chicken Burger
Supreme Burger
Cod and Chips
Haddock and Onion Rings
Pool Cue Set
Pool Table Brush
Dart Set
Dartboard
Pub Table

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Fixes - Jan 25, 10:50PM EST:

- The 'Quests' feature described in point #5 above is now live.

Post Release Fixes - Jan 27, 8:30PM EST:

- Issue -> When completing a Quest Step by clicking the +30 or +All button the Quest Manager shows that you have to wait until all the products you just started gets done

Status -> The issue above should be fixed now for future quests. For quests that have been created already, we made it so all timers were reset to 0 so you will not have to wait on products that were currently being made.

Known Issues:

- The facility product Belt popups are frustrating some users, we will release an update soon that will allow you to disable them in the current sessionThank you Raul

cbeckner80
Jan 27 2012, 08:15 PM
All of the actions have to be completed AFTER you accept the Quest. You you will need to produce the latex, as you could have 1 trillion in stock, and it still wouldn't matter.

Thanks. That's not good when certain crops and trees take up to four days and you may have just harvested that item just before you get the quest. You could end up having to wait that full amount of time if you had just harvested. Fortunately, I have only 13 hrs to wait for my rubber trees to be ready.

Appreciate the fast reply.

susieq30549
Jan 27 2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks. That's not good when certain crops and trees take up to four days and you may have just harvested that item just before you get the quest. You could end up having to wait that full amount of time if you had just harvested. Fortunately, I have only 13 hrs to wait for my rubber trees to be ready.

i have set up a 'quest farm' with some of each tree and flower that i will not harvest ... fortunately they dont go to waste .. so when i need them i can harvest for the current quest ..
i also did 9x plots of each crop that might be needed ..keep them watered, fertilized and harvest and replace before they go bad ... hope i can keep it up

jesdreher
Jan 27 2012, 08:36 PM

Yeah, I ran into that with oranges. I just harvested all my oranges yesterday and today I needed them for a new quest. I now have to wait for them to be ready again. I think going forward I will stagger my harvesting of trees so that I can have some ready every day in case a quest needs them.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 27 2012, 08:43 PM
Ok. These quests could be SERIOUSLY addictive! I just love them! I'm tempted to say can we please, please, please not have to wait a whole day for the next one??? But then I would NEVER leave my computer.

aa1fy
Jan 27 2012, 09:11 PM
Quests? Sounds too much like Zynga. No thanks...

jcassemjr
Jan 27 2012, 09:14 PM
Quests? Sounds too much like Zynga. No thanks...

They are nothing like the Zynga Quests. So far, everyone had reported that the quest was for a normal item that is produced in one of the facilities. The steps actions to be completed are every step of the production process. From harvesting or ordering the raw ingredients and processing them through the steps to the finished product.

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 09:14 PM

Quests that use 3 and 4 day trees and crops allow you 7 days to complete which is plenty of time. In the mean time you can start another quest each day and have several running at the same time.

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 09:16 PM
Ok. These quests could be SERIOUSLY addictive! I just love them! I'm tempted to say can we please, please, please not have to wait a whole day for the next one??? But then I would NEVER leave my computer.
That is a Farm Town day, so you only have to wait 20 hours...:D

cbeckner80
Jan 27 2012, 10:06 PM
Quests that use 3 and 4 day trees and crops allow you 7 days to complete which is plenty of time. In the mean time you can start another quest each day and have several running at the same time.

That makes sense. Thanks!

trina531
Jan 27 2012, 11:09 PM
So I saw a note that there would be upgrades on Friday...I am waiting...are they coming tonight??

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 11:31 PM
So I saw a note that there would be upgrades on Friday...I am waiting...are they coming tonight??
May have been someone wishful thinking...:D

Valdoe
Jan 27 2012, 11:45 PM
Boy of Boy.. do people know what patiences is??

I cannot believe seeing so many complaints about having to wait 20hr for the next quest.

I suppose that the problem of the today's world .. WE want it instantly.

I like it the way they construct the quest and only allowing 1 quest every 20 hrs.. WHY? because it give devs to work on other new things for us to do and make improvements.

Just be happy we have something new to strive for and Farmtown is not like Zynga where they want you always to request and post for things you need to finish a quest.

bluehair
Jan 28 2012, 12:49 AM
just completed my 2nd quest today. and will be finishing my 3rd hopefully tonight

justmecookin
Jan 28 2012, 02:08 AM
I was happy to read this fix....Post Release Fixes - Jan 27, 8:30PM EST:

- Issue -> When completing a Quest Step by clicking the +30 or +All button the Quest Manager shows that you have to wait until all the products you just started gets done

Status -> The issue above should be fixed now for future quests. For quests that have been created already, we made it so all timers were reset to 0 so you will not have to wait on products that were currently being made.

helf
Jan 28 2012, 03:02 AM
I am quite happy with my first 2 quests even though I have to wait 3 days for ginseng to ripen. Have a friend who can't do her first 2 quests because both require a FC facility she doesn't have. She is only on a low level and can't afford to buy those facilities when there are other things she need more.

HelenJS22
Jan 28 2012, 04:02 AM
i have set up a 'quest farm' with some of each tree and flower that i will not harvest ... fortunately they dont go to waste .. so when i need them i can harvest for the current quest ..
i also did 9x plots of each crop that might be needed ..keep them watered, fertilized and harvest and replace before they go bad ... hope i can keep it up

I did exactly the same thing, and it helped me out of what could have been a long wait with just my third quest :)

al_bundy
Jan 28 2012, 04:19 AM
New Levels Just Came Out

chrisluvsanimals
Jan 28 2012, 04:26 AM
Yeah!! Up to level 310 now!!

maggiel29
Jan 28 2012, 04:26 AM
New Levels Just Came Out

Yay - and Im on 310! And there are some new goodies in the store - not checked them all out yet.

maggiel29
Jan 28 2012, 04:28 AM
Got a new Statue of Liberty - very nice. Can we have Big Ben too please for us English folks.

SunnyD
Jan 28 2012, 04:47 AM
new levels not sure if we got other updates yet, went to level 310 got FARM CASH $$$ yahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1fritz
Jan 28 2012, 05:00 AM
Boy of Boy.. do people know what patiences is??

I cannot believe seeing so many complaints about having to wait 20hr for the next quest.

I suppose that the problem of the today's world .. WE want it instantly.

I like it the way they construct the quest and only allowing 1 quest every 20 hrs.. WHY? because it give devs to work on other new things for us to do and make improvements.

Just be happy we have something new to strive for and Farmtown is not like Zynga where they want you always to request and post for things you need to finish a quest.

Well said

Fritz

SunnyD
Jan 28 2012, 05:06 AM
Post Release Fixes - Jan 28, 5:20AM EST:

- The 25 new levels are now live. There are new items in the following categories: buildings, winter, other, motion, farming and furniture.

was sooo hoping for Valentine's i have some from last year.............wish we could get a a bucket of strawberries for decorations...........i have a farm named "Strawberry Field" we have tons of other buckets with fruit and vegies.............

SunnyD
Jan 28 2012, 05:31 AM
I did exactly the same thing, and it helped me out of what could have been a long wait with just my third quest :)

way cool idea hmmmm think i will too lol lol hmmmm

SunnyD
Jan 28 2012, 05:54 AM
uh oh!!! i was exchanging gifts i had a ton, when refreshed all disappeared and it says i have no gifts...........uh oh grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

dnana
Jan 28 2012, 06:28 AM
clear cache, Sunny!!

jars7
Jan 28 2012, 07:07 AM
Farm Town is about the only game on Facebook that I regularly play. Most all the others require neighbors to send you things in order to play the game. This one does not and please never change that. Thank you, Thank you for keeping this game challenging as well as fun. From an addicted farmer. Joy:)

liza1214
Jan 28 2012, 07:12 AM
have a question regarding quests
ok my quest is lentil soup planted lentils on my farm had it harvested not showing up in my quest that ive done that so then thought mayb i have to harvest myself on some1 elses farm so did that but still saying no lentils harvested in the quest. so wat do i have to do to get the lentils????
do i have to plant and harvest myself from my farms??????
any help greatly appreciated!!!!

Kath-H
Jan 28 2012, 07:14 AM
have a question regarding quests
ok my quest is lentil soup planted lentils on my farm had it harvested not showing up in my quest that ive done that so then thought mayb i have to harvest myself on some1 elses farm so did that but still saying no lentils harvested in the quest. so wat do i have to do to get the lentils????
do i have to plant and harvest myself from my farms??????
any help greatly appreciated!!!!

I think you currently have to do all the work yourself on your own farm.

Jean's Farm
Jan 28 2012, 07:27 AM

May have been someone wishful thinking...:D

My harvest buddy saw it to when he got on to his farm.....something about new levels coming tomorrow.....this was Thursday so the levels would have come Friday. :confused: :D

ckerider
Jan 28 2012, 08:00 AM
My first quest is to make 'Chicken and Sweet Pot'. I have tried to find it in the facilities but cannot see where it is made. The quest only says 'produce in a facility'. Can someone tell me where is find the 'facility'? Thanks for helping out!

Tiger
Jan 28 2012, 08:10 AM
My first quest is to make 'Chicken and Sweet Pot'. I have tried to find it in the facilities but cannot see where it is made. The quest only says 'produce in a facility'. Can someone tell me where is find the 'facility'? Thanks for helping out!

Hi there,

The BBQ Restaurant makes that :)

rushwoods
Jan 28 2012, 08:38 AM
Ok This is a social site where we were encouraged to hire others and work on other farms. Now these Quests are good only if we work our own farms. Isn't this a step in the other direction? Just saying.

lorrainemc
Jan 28 2012, 08:41 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new quests!!! For me it makes the game more interesting!!...GREAT job devs!!!....hugs:)

Tiger
Jan 28 2012, 08:46 AM
Ok This is a social site where we were encouraged to hire others and work on other farms. Now these Quests are good only if we work our own farms. Isn't this a step in the other direction? Just saying.

Did you read the New Release? Raul did say..........
- Right now, Quest Steps need to be completed by working by yourself in your farm or facilities. That is to say, crops or products you get as a bonus working for others, as gifts or by trading at the market won't count, but they will in the future. For now, if you hire others to harvest it wont count either, this may change as well.

So although they currently don't work that way, they may do in the future.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 28 2012, 08:49 AM
That is a Farm Town day, so you only have to wait 20 hours...:D

Oh thank goodness! I finished 2 last night and am facing SERIOUS withdrawal! I LOVE these things!

dorissau
Jan 28 2012, 08:56 AM
We have been told that for now, we can only do quests using our own farms and our own produce and facilities. This may change down the track and we can work together with neighbours, but in the meantime you would need to have a large sea coast to finish the quest.

I Just encountered the same problem. It asked me to produce a product from a facility that is only available for FC. I guess the Quests are only for the people who have real money to play.. poor people, FORGET IT !!!

gffarmer
Jan 28 2012, 09:16 AM

- The 25 new levels are now live. There are new items in the following categories: buildings, winter, other, motion, farming and furniture.

Thanks Raul and devs for the newest updates!! Off to see what the new items are!!

StoneFace
Jan 28 2012, 09:37 AM
I Just encountered the same problem. It asked me to produce a product from a facility that is only available for FC. I guess the Quests are only for the people who have real money to play.. poor people, FORGET IT !!!

hang in there.... the devs are working on enhancements that will allow others to help the poor.

so if you say you don't have real money to play with.... be patient and wait for your entitlements from other farmers.

spread the wealth around ya know. :rolleyes:

:eek:

dixiegirl
Jan 28 2012, 09:51 AM
hang in there.... the devs are working on enhancements that will allow others to help the poor.

so if you say you don't have real money to play with.... be patient and wait for your entitlements from other farmers.

spread the wealth around ya know. :rolleyes:

Yes but... there is also wording in there that says we will get more "goodies" or awards based on how many quest we complete, and in the mean time a lot of us can not complete quest, so we are missing out on even more....
and I dont like the word "entitlements" :confused: are you saying we are lesser player because at the time we don't want to drop a lot of cash?

SallyL
Jan 28 2012, 10:21 AM
Thank you so much to the developers for listening and acting. Love the quests. :-) Love the new levels. Love the pub. Love the game.

justmecookin
Jan 28 2012, 11:21 AM
Thank you for the new levels, items...AND am loving the quests...

kaysgma
Jan 28 2012, 12:02 PM
i have done 2 missions so far and got nothing in return...it says they gave me just over 2 bill in coin but i got nothing and this is twice now...need help

jcassemjr
Jan 28 2012, 12:19 PM
i have done 2 missions so far and got nothing in return...it says they gave me just over 2 bill in coin but i got nothing and this is twice now...need help

Are you sure you are reading it correctly? It states your reward, and then has a line of your current coins + your reward for a total of your new coins.

Something like this:

Reward 6,800,500

6,345,876,197 + 6,800,500 = 6,352,676,697

Farmer_Susan
Jan 28 2012, 01:21 PM
62 minutes to go until the next quest . . . I could go seriously nuts over here . . . putting off harvesting everything in CASE I need it. Dumb. Seriously dumb. I've gotta get a better strategy before I become a blithering idiot.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 28 2012, 02:04 PM
15 more minutes! I thought for sure 4 hours had passed! LOL

Brian Sampson
Jan 28 2012, 03:07 PM
Does anyone have the numbers for the XP amount for the new levels. I have not played much of late, but have always been WELL over the xp amount to gain all the new levels as they came out, but I only got 10 of the new levels this time. Did they finally seriously up the XP needed to get the newest levels?? That's not a bad thing, been thinking they needed to do that for awhile.

Grami Mary
Jan 28 2012, 03:10 PM
thank you!

lorrainemc
Jan 28 2012, 03:26 PM
YES THEY DO! Zinga may have the larger number of players but we have the BEST DEVELOPERS!:D

I "doubly" agree!!!...The only game I play....and the only one I will ever play....FT rocks!!:D

JohnAlbertini
Jan 28 2012, 03:31 PM
Seriously, ONLY 25 levels?
Please, we EARN these new levels and you make us WAIT MONTHS until you release them to us. Why?
I don't know yet how many XP the 25 new levels used but I'm over 15 million XP so I'm sure many of them are useless now.
When will our XP be WORTH SOMETHING?
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! At least 25-50 EVERY month would make our efforts/game play worthwhile.
Why do you pun ish us by making us wait so LOOOOONNNNNG for our XP to have any value? We EARN those XP but they are WORTHLESS until you dribble out the levels!!!!

JohnAlbertini
Jan 28 2012, 03:33 PM
It took about 10 weeks to get these 25 new levels - TERRIBLE!!!!

Haley's Haven
Jan 28 2012, 04:14 PM
Lorrainmc, don't you meant, Zyngbatts have the most frustrated angry players ? But yes, we do have the best devs around... they listen to us ! Glitches and blips are frustrating but part of the ongoing improvements... and some are downright funny. Anyhow, I too am having a problem with Quests, I just started my first one yesterday and it asks for harvest vanilla and produce vanilla powder... fine, I planted a field last night, harvested it this morning, set up a fac run and it's telling me that 0 vanilla powder has been produced even though 780 has been clicked through so far... ??? A glitch or did I do something out of sequence?

Deborah1979
Jan 28 2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks so MUCH Devs!!!

Obviously, you will never please ALL of the people ALL of the time! :eek:

Whether it is with new levels, gifts, new items in store, etc.... but you keep on surprising me!! :D:D

I had posted way back (about #269 or so) about how much I liked the Quests. I am still concerned about getting a Quest for a facility I do NOT own. :(

When you (Devs i.e. Raul) first started mentioning "Quests", you literally made me and a LOT of other people shudder, because at one time, in a former life, I tried to play that other game which shall remain nameless, and QUIT because of ALL the begging & posting that was required. I must admit, I never thought you could come up with something so much fun, challenging, and doable, but YOU DID!!

I am having a little problem waiting on my next Quest..... but I will try to be patient. LOL

Twiddling my thumbs,
Deborah

Hornyroo
Jan 28 2012, 05:14 PM
Does anyone have the numbers for the XP amount for the new levels. I have not played much of late, but have always been WELL over the xp amount to gain all the new levels as they came out, but I only got 10 of the new levels this time. Did they finally seriously up the XP needed to get the newest levels?? That's not a bad thing, been thinking they needed to do that for awhile.

id like to know the amount of xp required for level 310 too, so I can keep a buffer up

jars7
Jan 28 2012, 05:46 PM
Where do you find the quests?

Docperk
Jan 28 2012, 05:53 PM
Did you read the New Release? Raul did say..........

So although they currently don't work that way, they may do in the future.

I would like to add to that, for what I have seen you only need to a square or two yourself. The rest you can still hire out. I usually do that much just to verify what is underneath. :)

Docperk
Jan 28 2012, 06:05 PM
Seriously, ONLY 25 levels?
Please, we EARN these new levels and you make us WAIT MONTHS until you release them to us. Why?
I don't know yet how many XP the 25 new levels used but I'm over 15 million XP so I'm sure many of them are useless now.
When will our XP be WORTH SOMETHING?
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! At least 25-50 EVERY month would make our efforts/game play worthwhile.
Why do you pun ish us by making us wait so LOOOOONNNNNG for our XP to have any value? We EARN those XP but they are WORTHLESS until you dribble out the levels!!!!

I am with you I am well or 30 million XPs and they could release 100 new levels at a time and some of would still never see having to work for the next level. The good thing about that is, when they do release the new levels we get the full load of FC all at once and don't have to work at getting 1 FC at a time.

Docperk
Jan 28 2012, 06:06 PM
Where do you find the quests?

Go to your extend tools menu and top left - box with a ?.

HelenJS22
Jan 28 2012, 06:59 PM
CONGRATULATIONS RAUL !!!! You have successfully turned the game on it's head :D

For those of us at top level with all the bells and whistles, and who have been begging for a new challenge to keep us enjoying the game the quests have been very well done.

I'm sure I'm not the only farmer who is completely changing the strategy of my farms so that I can keep up my normal style of farming, while all the time having in mind what I may need for a next quest on offer.

You have given our farming a new angle and it is thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you.

Grumpa
Jan 28 2012, 06:59 PM
It took about 10 weeks to get these 25 new levels - TERRIBLE!!!!

Better levels in 10 weeks than no new levels at all.

I for one an happy to get whatever we are given, it just makes the game that much better. :cool:

HelenJS22
Jan 28 2012, 07:04 PM
id like to know the amount of xp required for level 310 too, so I can keep a buffer up

It seems to be quite low Horny. As Mandy I have 28717049 ex points and I'm at level 310, but my alter ego Molly has only 9717731 ex points and is also on level 310.

I guess it has to stay at a rate where the total of the game doesn't overwhelm those just beginning the game.

After all, it is not Raul's fault that he has created monsters of many of us who just keep planting, plowing and harvesting, topping up facilities and reveling in a challenge to have high ex points .......... or is it?? :p

Taz D
Jan 28 2012, 08:13 PM
They have not been added to the Game Guide yet.

Taz D
Jan 28 2012, 08:17 PM
Lorrainmc, don't you meant, Zyngbatts have the most frustrated angry players ? But yes, we do have the best devs around... they listen to us ! Glitches and blips are frustrating but part of the ongoing improvements... and some are downright funny. Anyhow, I too am having a problem with Quests, I just started my first one yesterday and it asks for harvest vanilla and produce vanilla powder... fine, I planted a field last night, harvested it this morning, set up a fac run and it's telling me that 0 vanilla powder has been produced even though 780 has been clicked through so far... ??? A glitch or did I do something out of sequence?
Did you start the production on the vanila powder after harvesting the vanilla? If not then that is what you did out of sequesnce.

Hornyroo
Jan 28 2012, 09:23 PM
It seems to be quite low Horny. As Mandy I have 28717049 ex points and I'm at level 310, but my alter ego Molly has only 9717731 ex points and is also on level 310.

I guess it has to stay at a rate where the total of the game doesn't overwhelm those just beginning the game.

After all, it is not Raul's fault that he has created monsters of many of us who just keep planting, plowing and harvesting, topping up facilities and reveling in a challenge to have high ex points .......... or is it?? :p

thx for that, at least i know im ahead of the ball now lol

bucknine
Jan 28 2012, 10:39 PM
Come on people it is a game. When I started reading, I thought I was reading a transcript from a republican debate. It's a GAME people. If you do not like what the developers give you, go be bored or complain on another game that gives you updates regularly and does their best to keep it exciting for most. Oh wait! There isn't another one, is there!

GREAT job Raul & the rest of the team!

AussieGecko
Jan 29 2012, 12:38 AM
OK FT, I've rearranged my first 4 farms. About 6-8 plots of every one day crop will be planted on farm 1 along with my facilities and 8 of every flower and tree needed for working in facilities. On farm 2 I have facilities plus a few plots of every 2 day crop, with spare plots to do it every second day. Farm 3 for three day crops and facilities and spare plots for alternate planting. Farm 4 for four day crops and facilities and spare plots. I will plant the short hour ones as needed. This will ensure I have any harvesting I need on hand all the time and ready to pick. And now I can continue with normal farming activities. PHEW!! And quest 5 is due for unlocking in 11.5 hours. That makes it around 5am tomorrow morning.

Yeh . . . I can do that!! heh heh heh :D:D:D

HelenJS22
Jan 29 2012, 01:31 AM
OK FT, I've rearranged my first 4 farms. About 6-8 plots of every one day crop will be planted on farm 1 along with my facilities and 8 of every flower and tree needed for working in facilities. On farm 2 I have facilities plus a few plots of every 2 day crop, with spare plots to do it every second day. Farm 3 for three day crops and facilities and spare plots for alternate planting. Farm 4 for four day crops and facilities and spare plots. I will plant the short hour ones as needed. This will ensure I have any harvesting I need on hand all the time and ready to pick. And now I can continue with normal farming activities. PHEW!! And quest 5 is due for unlocking in 11.5 hours. That makes it around 5am tomorrow morning.

Yeh . . . I can do that!! heh heh heh :D:D:D

LOL - another one who's farms have been tipped upside down to change strategy for quests :) I am working on doing the same. My poor brain is a little bit addled now but it will certainly keep me on my toes.

daybarb
Jan 29 2012, 02:05 AM
5. Quests: There is a new icon in the extended tool bar (Mystery Dice) that will allow you to accept new Quests. Here are the rules:

I just love the new Quest feature!! A wonderful idea, that refreshes what is already a great game!

Thank you so much!
:)

maggiel29
Jan 29 2012, 04:45 AM

For those of us at top level with all the bells and whistles, and who have been begging for a new challenge to keep us enjoying the game the quests have been very well done.

I'm sure I'm not the only farmer who is completely changing the strategy of my farms so that I can keep up my normal style of farming, while all the time having in mind what I may need for a next quest on offer.

You have given our farming a new angle and it is thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you.

Totally agree - love the new quests - waiting on the next one ( got 2 in progress at the mo)

penny salter
Jan 29 2012, 07:57 AM
A big thanks to the forum crew for the new Statue of Liberty and Personal Jet! Really a perfect addition to my farm 8! I don't think I will ever redecorate this farm again!

See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Jan 28, 5:20AM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 6 new Crops: You can already earn Belts and Dans on them.

Scallions
Alfalfa
Coriander (Cilantro Seeds)
Saffron
Brussels Sprout
Chickpeas

2. 25 New Levels: About 55 items all in coins. There are new items in the following categories: buildings, winter, other, motion, farming and furniture.

3. 26x26 Farm Expansions for Farms 11 and 12: Here are the prices -> 3,000,000,000 Coins or 25 FarmCash.

4. Farm 13: Here are the prices in coins (FC prices remains the same):

12 x 12 Farm 13: 13000000
14 x 14 Upgrade: 10000000
16 x 16 Upgrade: 11000000
18 x 18 Upgrade: 12000000
20 x 20 Upgrade: 1300000000
22 x 22 Upgrade: 1400000000
24 x 24 Upgrade: 1500000000
26 x 26 Upgrade: 3000000000

- Quests are only enabled for users at level 30 or higher

- You can only accept 1 Quest per day and it has to be completed before it expires

- You can have several active Quests at the same time depending on your level, here is the table:

Level 30.....1 Max Active Quests
Level 50.....2 Max Active Quests
Level 100....3 Max Active Quests
Level 150....4 Max Active Quests
Level 200....5 Max Active Quests

- A Quest has several steps and it will be completed when all its steps are completed

- Roll your mouse over each Quest Step to find out what needs to be done

- You will earn prizes every time you complete a Quest. The prize in coins will be higher depending on:

a) How fast the Quest was completed
b) The complexity of the Quest (amount of Quest Steps)
c) User Level

- In the future the Mayor might occasionally award you 1 FarmCash and/or ingredients based on your performance in previous Quests

- You can use any tool when harvesting, fishihg, etc.

6. Belts and Dans for Facility Products: The next 25 Facilities (in order of appearance in the Store) now have Belts and Dans enabled for each product. With each Belt or Dan you achieve you will increase your chances of getting a "free" Batch automatically for every Batch you start from that point on. Free Batches means that a new Batch is sent to production without consuming any ingredients or coins. See previous Release Post for the benefit % table.

7. Content Changes:

- Mineral Mine now produces Salt
- Cotton crop maturity reduced from 4 days to 3 days
- Sports Accessories Factory now produces Pool Cue Set, Pool Table Brush, Dart Set and Dartboards
- Furniture Factory now produces Pub Tables
- Glass Factory now produces Lantern Glass
- Duplicated production output for the Scented Candles

8. Explorer Accessories Factory (coins): Produces Accessories for Explorer Enthusiasts.

Camping Tent
Mosquito Net
Swiss Knife
Hiking Pole
Rescue Whistle
Signal Mirror
Folding Grill
Candle Lantern

9. Hibachi Japanese Restaurant (FC): Produces Hibachi Food.

Sake Shots
Sushi Combo
Grilled Tofu Steak
Hibachi Vegetables
Hibachi Steak
Hibachi Chicken
Hibachi Seafood
Banana Tempura

10. Explorer Shop (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Hammock
Tea Kettle
Camping Tent
Mosquito Net
Swiss Knife
Hiking Pole
Rescue Whistle
Signal Mirror
Folding Grill
Candle Lantern
Veggie Snack
Walnut Snack
Pistachios Snack
Chocolate Peanuts

11. Pub (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

FarmTown Beer
FarmTown Strong Beer
FarmTown Honey Beer
Calamari Rings
Mushroom Burger
Grilled Chicken Burger
Supreme Burger
Cod and Chips
Haddock and Onion Rings
Pool Cue Set
Pool Table Brush
Dart Set
Dartboard
Pub Table

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Fixes - Jan 25, 10:50PM EST:

- The 'Quests' feature described in point #5 above is now live.

Post Release Fixes - Jan 27, 8:30PM EST:

Known Issues:

- Part of the Tooltip in Quest Manager is sometimes hidden

Nettie (Q)
Jan 29 2012, 09:50 AM
We all asked to be given something to challenge us.........
We are given a challenge.
Now people are asking it to be simplyfied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY??????????

1fritz
Jan 29 2012, 10:13 AM

WHY??????????

So true!!
Fritz

boskherder
Jan 29 2012, 10:35 AM
Please put a stop to the pop-up Congratulations after the first 5. This is very annoying and get in the way when I'm trying to fill all my facilitates and service buildings. It serves no purpose once you have posted the first 5.

thonotosassa49
Jan 29 2012, 11:09 AM
I have even got these popups when I am on other peoples farms harvesting. Now, that is annoying.

Taz D
Jan 29 2012, 11:21 AM
about quests, it would be helpfull if we knew ahead of time what the quest wants,
so if it wants trees we just harvested we dont have to waste days for some trees till its ready as the quest only has days before its done. it is verry annoying to harvest everything then find out the quest wants you to harvest something you just finished and in the case of some trees and flowers it takes days, so now your wasting quest time waiting for it to come ready again when you can be completing the quest quicker if you werent waiting for something to come ready for harvest again.
You are given ample time in a quest to harvest whatever is asked for. In the mean time depending on your level you can open additional quests at a rate of 1 a day.

dianne1955
Jan 29 2012, 11:29 AM
Yay - a new update!! Love the Pub and Farm 13. I did think Scallions (crop) was a Yorkshire (England) term for naughty children though - giggle.
Thank you Raul and the team - off to play now.

the yorkshire term is rapscallion, in later years shortened to scallion, not a word you hear much these days :):D

Farmer_Susan
Jan 29 2012, 11:41 AM

I totally agree. Quests rock BIG time. I am officially casting my vote that we don't have to wait so long between quests, though. For players like me who enjoy "strategizing", unless the quests get really off the wall, I doubt that I'll ever have more than one or two going at one time. I want all 5 going! Any chance of tweaking that?

Also . . . a question I have to keep my neuroticism at a dull roar . . . ok, so let's say my quest officially ends at 3pm. If I'm actually there to collect my goodies at 3, do I earn more than if I don't actually pick them up until 10pm? Like does the time the quest ends determine how much you get or the time you actually cash in?

Taz D
Jan 29 2012, 12:18 PM
I totally agree. Quests rock BIG time. I am officially casting my vote that we don't have to wait so long between quests, though. For players like me who enjoy "strategizing", unless the quests get really off the wall, I doubt that I'll ever have more than one or two going at one time. I want all 5 going! Any chance of tweaking that?

Also . . . a question I have to keep my neuroticism at a dull roar . . . ok, so let's say my quest officially ends at 3pm. If I'm actually there to collect my goodies at 3, do I earn more than if I don't actually pick them up until 10pm? Like does the time the quest ends determine how much you get or the time you actually cash in?
It does not appear to change the amount you earn as long as you finish within the time limit. It won't change if you pick it up later.

JW2009
Jan 29 2012, 12:47 PM
FACEBOOK WILL END ON MARCH 15th, 2012! Many of Farmers are wondering A: is it for reals & B: if it is for reals then what about Farm Town? Please I am concerned since I live for Farm Town - Thank You and Happy Farming :)

Taz D
Jan 29 2012, 12:51 PM
FACEBOOK WILL END ON MARCH 15th, 2012! Many of Farmers are wondering A: is it for reals & B: if it is for reals then what about Farm Town? Please I am concerned since I live for Farm Town - Thank You and Happy Farming :)
Facebook is NOT going to end on March 15, 2012. This is a hoax.

JW2009
Jan 29 2012, 12:55 PM
Yes, I am sorry, i just found out it was a false report :) Thank youFacebook is NOT going to end on March 15, 2012. This is a hoax.

Hornyroo
Jan 29 2012, 03:01 PM
Facebook is NOT going to end on March 15, 2012. This is a hoax.

phew.... thats my birthday!!!

Tony D
Jan 29 2012, 03:06 PM
phew.... thats my birthday!!!Your Birthday is a Hoax :eek::eek:

:D Sorry :o

HelenJS22
Jan 29 2012, 04:36 PM

WHY??????????

ABSOLUTELY - Whilst some are calling for simplified quests, the rest of us are really happy with them and enjoying the challenge. My fear is that the ones who love the challenge are in the minority here and the whiners might get what they are requesting.

Please don't simplify the quests.

SunnyD
Jan 29 2012, 05:00 PM
ABSOLUTELY - Whilst some are calling for simplified quests, the rest of us are really happy with them and enjoying the challenge. My fear is that the ones who love the challenge are in the minority here and the whiners might get was they are requesting.

Please don't simplify the quests.

i know what you mean, the quests are quite fun to me. leave them alone except maybe fixing them so they don't ask for you to make an item you don't have the facility to do it with........like you know how people were talking about how much coins they had right, then the new expansions for farms were just so expensive....i'll probably never be able to afford them lol lol but it does give you something to shoot for right?? so it's cool............

HelenJS22
Jan 29 2012, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Fred1716
about quests, it would be helpfull if we knew ahead of time what the quest wants,
so if it wants trees we just harvested we dont have to waste days for some trees till its ready as the quest only has days before its done. it is verry annoying to harvest everything then find out the quest wants you to harvest something you just finished and in the case of some trees and flowers it takes days, so now your wasting quest time waiting for it to come ready again when you can be completing the quest quicker if you werent waiting for something to come ready for harvest again.

Fred I think we need to see this as part of the challenge. Whereas we used to barge all over our farms harvesting everything in sight, now we have to stop and think 'hang on a minute, what might I need for a quest?'

If you read through you'll see that several of us have now set up 'quest farms' on which we've put a lot of our resources, with little bits and pieces of almost everything. In my case this single farm will only be kept for doing my quests so that I have what I need.

Mind you it's doing my head in a bit right now check out all my crop plantings to make sure that a little bit of everything will be ready and waiting for harvest when my next quest comes around in about 18 hours time.

StoneFace
Jan 29 2012, 05:30 PM
Your Birthday is a Hoax :eek::eek:

:D Sorry :o

Well actually is sorta is.....

Your birthday was the day you were born.

You can celebrate that event by having an Anniversary of your birthday.

Kind of like getting married.... which definitely is a one time event with many wonderful anniversaries...

so..........

Happy Anniversary of your Birthday..... early.

Hornyroo
Jan 29 2012, 09:22 PM
Well actually is sorta is.....

Your birthday was the day you were born.

You can celebrate that event by having an Anniversary of your birthday.

Kind of like getting married.... which definitely is a one time event with many wonderful anniversaries...

so..........

Happy Anniversary of your Birthday..... early.

u guys r nuts lol

actuall this year Mar 15 will be the 17th anniversary of the 18th anniversary of my birthday... work that one out:D

Tony D
Jan 29 2012, 09:28 PM
u guys r nuts lol

actuall this year Mar 15 will be the 17th anniversary of the 18th anniversary of my birthday... work that one out:D35....................

Valdoe
Jan 30 2012, 05:58 AM

I think someone got it wrong... Facebook is going on the stock exchange soon.. so there is no way it is shutting down

jennieh11
Jan 30 2012, 09:03 AM
The one thing about Farm Town is the levels and the Experience spread. I have worked very hard at this game since the days when there was only one farm, no tools and you could only plant, harvest and sell your crop(s).

Now having millions of XP it has become difficult to keep up the enthusiasm for the game. While new players are able to continue to level up and earn FC for their increasing levels, those of us who have exceeded the threshold sit and wait for about 6 weeks to get a 25 level increase. Meanwhile, the game rushes forward and 4 new facilities that require FC are released.

We used to be able to do items like sign up for Netflix or shop for Auto Insurance or watch a video or sign up for a game to earn extra cash. Now, even though I have put good money into this game, yes I broke my rules about paying for online gaming and spent REAL money because I enjoyed the game that much, I don't even get enough farm cash in the level increases to purchase ONE facility. That means that while I can accumulate enough Farm Cash in 3 months to purchase 2 facilities, there are at least 6 new Farm Cash facilities that are released putting me further and further behind in keeping up with the progress of the game.

To someone who has been a loyal player and who has put real money into the game to support it, this is disheartening and frustrating. I have noticed that I have to force myself to do some of the tasks that I normally would have been doing on a daily basis.

I still play and will continue to play, but I want the devs to know that their holding back on the Level increases for the few of us who have over 20 million XP, is sending some of the older more entrenched players elsewhere where experience is rewarded frequently. A substantial jump in Levels is warranted and would help the game in the short term and would increase the player retention in the long run. The devs of Slashkey need to take a long view of the situation.

Farm Town is still and in my opinion always will be the best Sim type game on Facebook.

cbeckner80
Jan 30 2012, 12:16 PM
Well put jennieh11!

Tuckertbnc
Jan 30 2012, 01:22 PM
I understand that times are tough and money is short .... but I will spend $20 for Farmcash 'occasionally' and between that and getting the new levels as we've been getting them .. I have been able to afford all the FC tools that I felt I needed to help me in my enjoyment of the game ..... just $10 goes a long way ...

I am on disability which is seriously FIXED income .... but that little bit of money goes a long way for MY enjoyment ... I don't go to the movies and this game is my daily entertainment ...

If you think you can't afford it > go 1 week drinking water only (refill the same bottles!) .. call it a body cleanse if you will ... if you drink soft drinks or coffee at all you saved $10 by drinking water for a week :) so buy yourself some FC as a reward for a sugar/caffine drink free week .. :D

I quit buying the FC factories in favor of getting the 1st step FC tools with what Farmcash I had ... since I decided I had already bought enough of the FC facilities ... so now there are quite a few that I don't have .. if there comes a quest my way where a factory I don't have is needed then I have a decision to make .. to buy or not to buy ... my choice :p

slimpat
Jan 30 2012, 02:10 PM
I have a question for all the old time players How long did it take you to advance 25 levels and earn 25 farm cash in the good old days and as we advanced it took longer cuz you needed more xp point for each level .NOW we can do it in one jump in just 6-7 weeks I think the developers are more than generous in giving us more levels in one jump. They really do not have to do this. I know a lot of the other games do not.

I want to thank the developers for all they do for us, And I know they will NEVER satisfy all of the players no matter what they do . I am beginning to think it is a very thankless and thankful job all the time. Not sure if that makes sense or not. But that is just my 2 cents for what it is worth.

Mr. H
Jan 30 2012, 02:12 PM
I have a question for all the old time players How long did it take you to advance 25 levels and earn 25 farm cash in the good old days and as we advanced it took longer cuz you needed more xp point for each level .NOW we can do it in one jump in just 6-7 weeks I think the developers are more than generous in giving us more levels in one jump. They really do not have to do this. I know a lot of the other games do not.

I want to thank the developers for all they do for us, And I know they will NEVER satisfy all of the players no matter what they do . I am beginning to think it is a very thankless and thankful job all the time. Not sure if that makes sense or not. But that is just my 2 cents for what it is worth.

There was no FC when I first started but I did get to level 34...then the highest...in a month. Today I could do that in a few days.

Hornyroo
Jan 30 2012, 03:13 PM

heheh in the good old days, you didint get farm cash for advancing levels..

i did levels 1 - 34(?) the original high in 4 weeks 6 days - which then was a miracle - 150,000 xp from memory, no tools...

kahra01
Jan 30 2012, 04:35 PM
When I mouse over my crops, its just telling me when it will be ready for harvest. I seem to have lost the F or the W. Is this just a glitch? Rather annoying lol :)

Taz D
Jan 30 2012, 04:46 PM
When I mouse over my crops, its just telling me when it will be ready for harvest. I seem to have lost the F or the W. Is this just a glitch? Rather annoying lol :)
I see them on my crops under the time to harvest.

Docperk
Jan 30 2012, 05:34 PM

I haven't been playing as long as some that have posted to you but over 2 years now and I think the top level at that was 60. I didn't know anything of the forums back then and when I hit 60 I thought it was the end of the game and there was nothing else to do so I started over on an alternate profile. Got it up to 60 and then started having level increases and kept them both going to about level 160 and with a full time job working two profiles got to be a bit much. Never got the tools to work on others farm on my profile. I think that at the rate we can level up these days that there should be increases of more than 25 at a time or at least take tons more XP to level up. But with some of us being at 30 - 40 + million XP and reaching level 310 at round 9 million something. We could take a break for a year and come back and still be at the top level. But as I have said many times on this subject at least when there in a level increase it is nice to get the whole 25 FC all at once instead of 1 at a time. That way I right then go buy a facility or the maximum size of the field. Farmtown is still the only game I play. :)

meacara
Jan 30 2012, 05:46 PM
I really like the way the quests are laid out, and implemented. My beef with them came with my third or forth one. It wanted me to make honey ice cream and I don't have the bee farm. I can understand it requiring you to buy a coin facility to complete the quest, but there should be something in the code to where it scans the FC facilities that the player has and only uses those in creating the item(s) versus requiring the player to spend real money to complete the quest (I'm level 310 with zero FC and just about zero real life money). Thanks.

Sesselwill
Jan 30 2012, 06:19 PM
Thank you for all the new updates, I love this game! If I get tired of it, I just slow down on the time I spend here but I always come back and have fun with it. I like that the quests are personal and not something you have to beg things for. For anyone who complains they don't have enough stuff, just quit buying it unless it's something really worthwhile. I quit buying the FC facilities unless it really fits into what I already own and if I have space for it. I don't need everything! And because I do that, I can totally fill my facilities 95% of the time without having too many duplicate facilities. The watering can and the manure spreader help me keep up with all the crops/fruit/flowers I need. I like that the dans and belts are helping with meat production and such (please give us the belts for crab!!). I would like to see the levels come out more often. If you came out with 10 every week, that would keep people quiet for a while. I appreciate that you monitor what your players have to say, not many other games care. I only wish my neighbors worked my facilities as often as I work theirs and I only post them twice a week! Keep all the good stuff coming, it's great!!!

kahra01
Jan 30 2012, 06:34 PM
I see them on my crops under the time to harvest.

Thanks Taz. It mustve been a glitch. I wasnt able to see the F or W letters for the last 24hours but today its all back to normal! :)

peeaanuut
Jan 30 2012, 10:20 PM
I really like the way the quests are laid out, and implemented. My beef with them came with my third or forth one. It wanted me to make honey ice cream and I don't have the bee farm. I can understand it requiring you to buy a coin facility to complete the quest, but there should be something in the code to where it scans the FC facilities that the player has and only uses those in creating the item(s) versus requiring the player to spend real money to complete the quest (I'm level 310 with zero FC and just about zero real life money). Thanks.

I think this is true for most players. I dont know of everyone, even those of my neighbors with tons of XP that have every facility. Im sure there are players that do, but I havent run into them.

jkmyer
Jan 30 2012, 10:51 PM
love the quests. hope to get a few coins in the near future.

psycho_mommi
Jan 31 2012, 12:31 AM
I have to agree here ... AGAIN ... Would you please listen to these pleas to get rid of the pop ups on the facility manager. It is absolutely relentless when we are trying to fill our facilities; sometimes in a hurry, and the pop up won't stop coming. For every single product in a facility it sends a popup. As Mcdaddie says, WE DON'T CARE!! and for the very few that we do care about, by the time it comes around we are so furious that we click it off without accepting it too.

Not only are the popups relentless, but there are some neighbours out there who seem to think that it's a really good idea to accept them all and so there is an unending stream of their requests for a bonus on our facebook pages.

The must be another way to deal with this. PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO GET RID OF THEM !!!!!

amen!!!! i don't care about what i get a 6th dan in for buying this from mys semi, or who gives a **** abot 5th dan that that someone else got!! they are ANNOYING!!! it's the only part of ft that makes me scream!! i love love love everything else!!!

HelenJS22
Jan 31 2012, 12:39 AM
amen!!!! i don't care about what i get a 6th dan in for buying this from mys semi, or who gives a **** abot 5th dan that that someone else got!! they are ANNOYING!!! it's the only part of ft that makes me scream!! i love love love everything else!!!

Since I wrote that post a few days go, Raul has told us that he is working on fixing this issue for us.

psycho_mommi
Jan 31 2012, 12:40 AM
one more thing, then i'm done griping! over the last few days, since the update, i have noticed that when i ask for ingredients for items (and it is always random, i never need the same thing twice) friend are getting the "this offer has expired, please try a different one" message. this is happening AS SOON AS I POST THE REQUEST!! help!!!! i am on server wf 40, i use google chrome, and i clear my net and flash file on a regular basis.

psycho_mommi
Jan 31 2012, 12:41 AM
Since I wrote that post a few days go, Raul has told us that he is working on fixing this issue for us.

bless his wonderful heart!!! this is why i love ft, cuz the devs listen to us players!!! :D:D:D

maggiel29
Jan 31 2012, 06:07 AM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Jan 28, 5:20AM EST.

Known Issues:

- Part of the Tooltip in Quest Manager is sometimes hidden

I KNOW you are working on this and I appreciate all your efforts to give us a great game - but just to illustrate the problem. I have just been working a friends facilities - like me she has over 80 on several farms. It has taken me almost half an hour because I loaded mine earlier and the pop ups are still coming. The next facility wont load until I get rid of a pop up so its been alternate click on facility click on bonus pop up.
Sorry to winge - like I said I KNOW you are working on this!
Have to say I love the quests - and the way you have got them working - FT rocks - thank you

Taz D
Jan 31 2012, 03:22 PM
I KNOW you are working on this and I appreciate all your efforts to give us a great game - but just to illustrate the problem. I have just been working a friends facilities - like me she has over 80 on several farms. It has taken me almost half an hour because I loaded mine earlier and the pop ups are still coming. The next facility wont load until I get rid of a pop up so its been alternate click on facility click on bonus pop up.
Sorry to winge - like I said I KNOW you are working on this!
Have to say I love the quests - and the way you have got them working - FT rocks - thank you
I don't mind the pop-ups because I like to get extra product but like you I don't like the fact that they are still popping up when I have moved on to work on my neighbors farms. I just don't understand why they are delayed by so much time. I can load a facility and don't see the pop up for a belt earned in that facility for 8 to 10 facilities later. Why does it require us clicking on 2 facilities or 2 clicks on anything per Pop Up? They should show immediately one after the other before we can click on anything else. I know the developers are working on a way to stop the pop ups but how about working on a way to make them more timely, like while you are still in that particular facility and not 10 facilities later or after you have gone on to do other things.
Come on Raul, please fix this as well as having a way to turn them off.

maggiel29
Jan 31 2012, 04:34 PM
I don't mind the pop-ups because I like to get extra product but like you I don't like the fact that they are still popping up when I have moved on to work on my neighbors farms. I just don't understand why they are delayed by so much time. I can load a facility and don't see the pop up for a belt earned in that facility for 8 to 10 facilities later. Why does it require us clicking on 2 facilities or 2 clicks on anything per Pop Up? They should show immediately one after the other before we can click on anything else. I know the developers are working on a way to stop the pop ups but how about working on a way to make them more timely, like while you are still in that particular facility and not 10 facilities later or after you have gone on to do other things.

It can take a long time for them all to finish "popping up" - yes they DEF need to be more timely. Once Ive clicked "Yes" to post the ones I want to share then the rest are not only annoying they are a hindrance. I dont want to stop them totally because I like the bonuses and so do my friends but Ive just gone back to my farm this evening after filling my facilities this morning and I still got what I hope is the last one!
The problem is I think the sheer volume of them - with crops etc you only get one at a time but fill 50 facilities with I guess an average of 6 items per building - well I can do the math as well!! And I suppose a lot of the time lag is down to individual line and computer speeds.
I have been trying to fill the facilities where I know I will get a bonus I want first so they appear first and the others can just be hidden when that is enabled.
I realise that eventually this will all calm down when the top level for each item is reached and yes the ability to turn them off at some point will be good. I presume we will be able to exit FT when we have posted 5 bonuses and then go back in and turn off the rest of the pop ups???

Sesselwill
Jan 31 2012, 06:53 PM
Are there any issues with the Quests that anyone knows of? I started my first quest, planted and harvested the ingredients it required but it tells me I still haven't done that. My friend is not having that problem, she is already onto her second quest! I even got out of the game and went back in, just in case. Kinda puts a damper on this, :( Thanks.

spartan7886
Jan 31 2012, 06:55 PM
Are there any issues with the Quests that anyone knows of? I started my first quest, planted and harvested the ingredients it required but it tells me I still haven't done that. My friend is not having that problem, she is already onto her second quest! I even got out of the game and went back in, just in case. Kinda puts a damper on this, :( Thanks.

Did you harvest them yourself or hire it out? You can't hire it out. There have also been some reports of tools not counting either, but I think that might have been fixed.

Sesselwill
Jan 31 2012, 07:06 PM
Did you harvest them yourself or hire it out? You can't hire it out. There have also been some reports of tools not counting either, but I think that might have been fixed.

That is it, I hired out for it. Guess I should have read more closely when I saw it. Glad I have the sprinkler! Thanks for the help.:cool:

bayoubes
Jan 31 2012, 09:20 PM
Started the quest which I like, but got to the 4th one and it requires a facility I don't have and don't plan on getting it, wondering if the quest will now stop for me because I don't complete it.
Thought FT would put the belt posting in the belt manager so we can go to the melt manager and pick which ones we want to post with out alllllllll those pop ups, guest I was wrong, what is the belt manager going to be used for then?:D

bamagirl
Jan 31 2012, 09:20 PM
I would love to see a way we could keep track of how many quest we have completed with the quest an maybe how many coins we have earned from them.

marwahr55
Feb 01 2012, 05:41 AM
Don't know if this should be put here, please feel free to move it if not. My question is Valentine's Day is just 2 weeks away ... any plans to release some items for that? Thanks again for a great game! :)

Ozlace
Feb 01 2012, 05:58 AM
yes you have to plant on your farm and then YOU have to harvest , all on your own farm
Joyce.Pickup1

Grumpa
Feb 01 2012, 08:34 AM
Has anyone gotten the pop up killer quest to do yet? :D

StoneFace
Feb 01 2012, 09:10 AM
I would love to see a way we could keep track of how many quest we have completed with the quest an maybe how many coins we have earned from them.

yep... me too

I have opened a new quest every 20 hours - or as close to it as possible - and completed them all, with one still waiting for the black hours to pass

my guess is the rewards total over 75 million so far......

ImTheRealElly
Feb 01 2012, 11:10 AM
i got a quest today that i will not be able to do because it requires the semi truck. i dont see any way to dismis a quest, and i cant accept a quest today that i can do. is there any plan to make the quests that you get appropriate to what is available? i was looking forward to playing today but was disappointed. hopefully i will get something to do tomorrow

maggiel29
Feb 01 2012, 01:18 PM
Has anyone gotten the pop up killer quest to do yet? :D

Giggle!

Does anyone know if we can use the big tools to harvest for the Quests?

Taz D
Feb 01 2012, 01:20 PM
Giggle!

Does anyone know if we can use the big toold to harvest for the Quests?
Yes you can.

Witch Hazel
Feb 01 2012, 01:39 PM
I'm trying to complete a quest by producing curtains. I produce the curtains and don't get the credit. Help?

maggiel29
Feb 01 2012, 02:25 PM
i got a quest today that i will not be able to do because it requires the semi truck. i dont see any way to dismis a quest, and i cant accept a quest today that i can do. is there any plan to make the quests that you get appropriate to what is available? i was looking forward to playing today but was disappointed. hopefully i will get something to do tomorrow

If we cant do a quest cant you ignore it and go onto the next one the next day?

maggiel29
Feb 01 2012, 02:26 PM
Yes you can.

Thanks Taz

maggiel29
Feb 01 2012, 02:27 PM
I'm trying to complete a quest by producing curtains. I produce the curtains and don't get the credit. Help?

I had this on one quest - I cleared my cache shut down the game and Chrome and went back in and it was showing curtains completed although I had to wait for the time to tick down still.

Farmer_Susan
Feb 01 2012, 05:20 PM
I found a bug - this one worked in my favor so I'm not complaining but I thought I should report it. My quest was for 10 knife sets. I had started everything - was just waiting for the timers to run out. The knife sets finished when the plastic granules still had 2 hours left to go. It said my quest was complete and gave me lots of cash for it - probably because I finished it faster than it's actually possible to finish it! LOL I took a screen shot but I'm not sure how to post it here in a way that won't get removed. I'd be happy to, if it will help and if someone will tell me how to do it.

StoneFace
Feb 01 2012, 05:42 PM
Did I miss the change....

The new limit on gifts and bonus items is now $5 million in 112 hours

.:confused:

HelenJS22
Feb 01 2012, 06:20 PM
If we cant do a quest cant you ignore it and go onto the next one the next day?

Taz is right, Yes you can ... but .... you have to settle yourself down again, go have a nice cup of tea and ..... WAIT ..... ANOTHER 20 HOURS FOR THE NEXT QUEST :eek:

So far I haven't had to do it, but one of my neighbours messaged me for ages because she couldn't do her 'second choice' quest because she didn't have the facilities for the one that popped up. So, she chose to harass me for the day instead :D

cbeckner80
Feb 01 2012, 07:34 PM
This is not a complaint, but a question concerning harvesting of crops. If we have a quest for 10 sugar, why doesn't the fertilization of a crop count the plot double as it does on a routine harvest, therefore only requiring 5 plots to be planted to equal out the 10 required for the quest?

Taz D
Feb 01 2012, 07:44 PM
This is not a complaint, but a question concerning harvesting of crops. If we have a quest for 10 sugar, why doesn't the fertilization of a crop count the plot double as it does on a routine harvest, therefore only requiring 5 plots to be planted to equal out the 10 required for the quest?
Are you sure they don't? I don't see anything saying they don't count in the announcement.

maggiel29
Feb 01 2012, 07:49 PM
Did I miss the change....

The new limit on gifts and bonus items is now $5 million in 112 hours

.:confused:

Hmm yes I can see why you are confused - hadnt noticed I assumed it said 12 hours.

cbeckner80
Feb 01 2012, 07:57 PM
Are you sure they don't? I don't see anything saying they don't count in the announcement.

yes, I tested it twice. planted 10 plots just in case, but harvested only 5 at first that were fertilized, then went to my quest, and it said 5/10; so I went back and harvested the other 10 and it completed the requirement for the harvest portion of the quest. That had happened on my very first quest, but thought maybe I had forgotten to fertilize, but obviously I hadn't.

Maybe it's a glitch.

susieq30549
Feb 01 2012, 08:06 PM
yes, I tested it twice. planted 10 plots just in case, but harvested only 5 at first that were fertilized, then went to my quest, and it said 5/10; so I went back and harvested the other 10 and it completed the requirement for the harvest portion of the quest. That had happened on my very first quest, but thought maybe I had forgotten to fertilize, but obviously I hadn't.

Maybe it's a glitch.

i noticed the same thing ... no double harvest for fertilized crops on any of the quests .. so i didnt have enough on my quest farm for one quest ...made the adjustment now ...

cbeckner80
Feb 01 2012, 08:27 PM
i noticed the same thing ... no double harvest for fertilized crops on any of the quests .. so i didnt have enough on my quest farm for one quest ...made the adjustment now ...

I have also, I plant 10 plots of each crop now, and try to keep it up each day. If they require more for any quests, I guess I'll have to wait till I plant more. I think I need a life.

Enjay
Feb 01 2012, 08:46 PM
It would be helpful if Farmtown bought forward the changes in the Quests to include helping out Neighbors in their facilities. Otherwise all the recent improvements have been wonderful.

earlgray
Feb 01 2012, 08:53 PM

So totally agree with this. I don't understand either why they take so long to come up. I'll be loading my facilities, and be getting pop-ups for products I was queuing up several facilities ago. (I don't have start-all tools, so loading them takes me a bit of time.) It doesn't work slowly like this for crops or fish, so why facilities?

StoneFace
Feb 01 2012, 10:32 PM
Hmm yes I can see why you are confused - hadnt noticed I assumed it said 12 hours.

lol... I did mean 12, not 112 hours....

the change was from 4 million to 5 million.....

did not know when that had happened

susieq30549
Feb 01 2012, 11:15 PM

the max per 12 hr increased when u went over 299 level ... think previous release said there will be one more increase at maybe level 400 ... didnt look back to see

maggiel29
Feb 02 2012, 05:32 AM

LOL I thought you were getting a display reading 112 hours!!!

It was in the release before this one - from level 300 you get 5 million - so it would have happened when they released the new levels.

StoneFace
Feb 02 2012, 06:59 AM
LOL I thought you were getting a display reading 112 hours!!!

It was in the release before this one - from level 300 you get 5 million - so it would have happened when they released the new levels.

thanks.... lol

and all this time I was thinking that the mods were rewarding me for not telling too many jokes on their time.

Texas Star
Feb 02 2012, 10:27 AM
Regarding the pop-ups for the belts, it would be nice if the belts earned could be stored and we could click on an icon on the extended toobar, after we finish loading facilities or harvesting, to choose what to post. They could time out and disappear from the list after a few hours. Maybe this would not be feasible, but it would allow us to finish what we are doing without constant interruptions.

Saylorgirl
Feb 02 2012, 11:51 AM
That's great...I don't have any quest anything where the dice are. If it were where it was supposed to be I wouldn't have posted. That being said...where do I get the quests if they aren't where the dice are?

Kris they are not by the "dice". It is the toolbar that opens the one that has the boats, harvesters, plows, facilities, tree harvesters, etc. It is on the far left hand side you can't miss it.

Taz D
Feb 02 2012, 11:52 AM
That's great...I don't have any quest anything where the dice are. If it were where it was supposed to be I wouldn't have posted. That being said...where do I get the quests if they aren't where the dice are?
The Mystery Dice (dice shape with a question mark) is above the trophy in the far left column of the Extended tool box. This is the toolbox where you find the Facility manager and all your tools.

jcassemjr
Feb 02 2012, 01:14 PM

I believe that it is just like on the Belts & Dan's, only the actual crop counts. You don't get credit for harvesting 2 plots toward the belt or dan on the harvest of a fertilized plot. Raul & team must have used the same methodology here. I think the fertilized plot double yield is more a "Bonus" that is sent to our storage, just like the bonus from the Belts & Dan's.

swd
Feb 02 2012, 04:52 PM
Oh wow. Players are so different. I LOVE it when my neighbors post those things. It gives me a choice of what to collect. A very cool feature, IMO. I agree that the way they're presented - all the popups - is annoying. Maybe a checklist of everything we can post so we can select the ones we want at the end?

I love to get the bonuses also and look for those postings.

squeekerd
Feb 02 2012, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know how to add farm town to the new timeline in facebook so the posts show up? If friends have the old facebook they can see the posts but if they have the new timeline they see no farm town posts..I have been thru everything trying to figure out what to do. Thanks..Sorry if I am not in the right place. Frustrated at this point

HelenJS22
Feb 02 2012, 07:38 PM
Does anyone know how to add farm town to the new timeline in facebook so the posts show up? If friends have the old facebook they can see the posts but if they have the new timeline they see no farm town posts..I have been thru everything trying to figure out what to do. Thanks..Sorry if I am not in the right place. Frustrated at this point

One of my neighbours has gone to the new timeline, and I have stayed with the old one. I can no longer see her posts from Farm Town.

I don't want to change over the new one at this stage. It appears to have caused some problems for other facebook friends.

Taz D
Feb 02 2012, 08:48 PM
One of my neighbours has gone to the new timeline, and I have stayed with the old one. I can no longer see her posts from Farm Town.

I don't want to change over the new one at this stage. It appears to have caused some problems for other facebook friends.
Have her check her settings for her posts to make sure they are going to her friends or a Farm Town list she has created. I have a few who also have gone to the new timeline, but I don't have a problem seeing their posts on my newsfeed.
Easiest way to find those posts is to use the following link:
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=app_56748925791
Be sure to bookmark this after you go to it the first time so you can use it again. This is a link to the Facebook filter for only Farm Town posts.

squeekerd
Feb 03 2012, 01:25 AM
that link does help me out to at least see the farm town posts. Thank You

maggiel29
Feb 03 2012, 09:00 AM

Same here - Im hoping to stay on the old feed - I cant see Farm Town posts on my friends profiles if they are on the new timeline - cant see much of anything really!
Does anyone know what happens to the old feed link I have been using (posted in the Help and Support section)? If you are on the timeline can you still use it? Otherwise things are going to get very difficult!

squeekerd
Feb 03 2012, 09:30 AM
Totally dislike that new timeline. Can not find anything in there now..And no way to go back to the old one. About ready to just walk away from facebook now.

bjyhey3
Feb 03 2012, 10:29 AM
My farm has slowed down in every sense since the Quests have started...mainly loading...anyone else experiencing this

Tony D
Feb 03 2012, 11:41 AM
Hi All, just a friendly reminder .... This Forum is for Farm Town , not Facebook. Please try and keep your post(s) about Farm Town ...

squeekerd
Feb 03 2012, 12:17 PM
Sorry Tony D but the issue with farm town is due to facebook...due to the new timeline farm town will no longer show up as posts.

Tony D
Feb 03 2012, 12:26 PM
Sorry Tony D but the issue with farm town is due to facebook...due to the new timeline farm town will no longer show up as posts.No problem with posting about that :) It would be best to post in Help & Support though.

Franny2
Feb 03 2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks SO much for the quests! This has given the game some intrigue - keeping us guessing as to what items we will need next. It is hard to wait the 19+ hours for the next one to appear. I am anxiously awaiting the reward of Farm Cash but the coins are great too!

Aussie Rae
Feb 03 2012, 02:29 PM
love the quests!!! started and finished my 10th last night...great job guys...gives us something to think about instead of just mindlessly planting harvesting and plowing!!! just wish we could start another as soon as one is finished...but still happy!!!!

Hornyroo
Feb 03 2012, 02:32 PM
Regarding the pop-ups for the belts, it would be nice if the belts earned could be stored and we could click on an icon on the extended toobar, after we finish loading facilities or harvesting, to choose what to post. They could time out and disappear from the list after a few hours. Maybe this would not be feasible, but it would allow us to finish what we are doing without constant interruptions.

great idea, i been thinking this for a long time!!!

maggiel29
Feb 03 2012, 04:49 PM
My farm has slowed down in every sense since the Quests have started...mainly loading...anyone else experiencing this

Im getting problems full stop with all of facebook not just FT.

cbeckner80
Feb 03 2012, 05:20 PM
Have her check her settings for her posts to make sure they are going to her friends or a Farm Town list she has created. I have a few who also have gone to the new timeline, but I don't have a problem seeing their posts on my newsfeed.
Be sure to bookmark this after you go to it the first time so you can use it again. This is a link to the Facebook filter for only Farm Town posts.

Thanks for the link. Works great. Since the new timeline I've had trouble finding friends FT post, and they mine. I put it in my bookmark toolbar and renamed ti FT posts.

Docperk
Feb 03 2012, 06:04 PM

Thanks Taz, that is great! Might just have to keep it open in another window so I can keep my eye on it while I am farming... :)

Hornyroo
Feb 03 2012, 07:28 PM
did we just get new gifts? valentines stuff is in :)

max_river
Feb 03 2012, 07:42 PM
thank you for the new stuff for valentine

gffarmer
Feb 03 2012, 07:46 PM
did we just get new gifts? valentines stuff is in :)

ooh thanks for the info!!

gffarmer
Feb 03 2012, 07:55 PM
- Valentine items are now live, include 1 new gift and 8 new items in addition to last year items

Yeah! Thanks Raul!!

SunnyD
Feb 03 2012, 08:04 PM
Yay Valentine's........and a bucket of strawberries too..........been waiting on them.....
Ty TY

Tatjana
Feb 03 2012, 09:11 PM
:(- Valentine items are now live, include 1 new gift and 8 new items in addition to last year items

Yeah! Thanks Raul!!

Valentine's items look great, but now I am unable to send ANY gifts. Game will not display any friends names to send gifts to. Also I am unable to post requests for help with facilities. There is a bug somewhere that needs fixing since these new items were added. Please take note developers. Thanks:(

Ricey8110
Feb 03 2012, 09:20 PM
:(

Valentine's items look great, but now I am unable to send ANY gifts. Game will not display any friends names to send gifts to. Also I am unable to post requests for help with facilities. There is a bug somewhere that needs fixing since these new items were added. Please take note developers. Thanks:(

Same problem here and have cleaned cache, macros done flash thingy done the works and still the same no lists available at all as blank and also can't send gifts through old way of doing it from front page. this has jsut happened and even tried another computer and still the same. also at bottom of ft screen there are not pics of my neighbours. please help as need my gifts for my facs. thanks for your speedy solution

busybeeleigh
Feb 03 2012, 09:24 PM
Hi not sure why but i have only done 4 quests and its given me the same one again :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

and is it possible to have more than one going at a time thay are great fun just not if we have to keep doing the same one lol

1fritz
Feb 03 2012, 09:26 PM
Same problem as Ricey and Tatjana.. New gifts come out and now I can't send any gifts. Only blank screen shows it's trying to load but won't.. Cleared Cashe Mico media files restarted Chrome.. Nuttin Hope they get it fixed quickly.

Fritz

Taz D
Feb 03 2012, 09:32 PM
Hi not sure why but i have only done 4 quests and its given me the same one again :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

and is it possible to have more than one going at a time thay are great fun just not if we have to keep doing the same one lol
The quests are generated for us randomly so there is always a chance of getting the same one.. Depending on your level you can have up to 5 open at one time. However you only get 1 every 20 hours. So you would have to open 1 each day for 5 days and not complete any of them until all 5 were open. The most I have managed so far is having 3 open at once.

JohnGalt
Feb 03 2012, 09:44 PM
Whatever they did when they added the Valentine gifts, they broke the code that allows Chrome and Firefox users to send gifts, request Dan bonuses, and ask for friends' help in farming. Farm Town only works in IE now. :(

JohnGalt
Feb 03 2012, 10:01 PM
They must be working on the problem... now it doesn't even work in IE !

Kath-H
Feb 03 2012, 10:21 PM
Since the gifting page appeared I've had to switch to Camino to use it (no IE on Macs), now it doesn't work there either. And the old gifting method where you can pick a list to send to, no longer works in Firefox.

holla
Feb 03 2012, 10:29 PM
yeah doesnt work for me either in firefox,i collected 2 bonuses(oak and Maple) and couldnt post them.:eek:

i know devs are on top of things all the time so shouldnt be long, -dang i needed that oak and maple too.:confused:

SunnyD
Feb 03 2012, 11:52 PM
for once everything is going smooth for me on FT since Valentine's came out.... sent gifts on Chrome and IE.....exchanged gifts, haven't posted for bonuses yet..but expanded one farm on IE..hope it stays that way for me..........it being super bowl weekend I hope that they are able to fix the current problems...........

Kath-H
Feb 04 2012, 12:05 AM
So, now I can exchange gifts, accept and send gifts back (Camino, new gifting page) - but no accepted gifts appear in my gift box. Also, I just reached a black belt, got the popup to ask if I want to share, I say yes - and nothing happens.

Witch Hazel
Feb 04 2012, 02:30 AM
Can the new Heart lake be fished?

HelenJS22
Feb 04 2012, 03:26 AM

I haven't bought one yet, but I very much doubt it. The water colour is wrong and there is no question mark on it in the store to indicate a fishing lake.

maggiel29
Feb 04 2012, 03:35 AM

Sorry - no - I bought one - like it though and the teddies swinging in the tree and the gondola.

maggiel29
Feb 04 2012, 03:37 AM
Whatever they did when they added the Valentine gifts, they broke the code that allows Chrome and Firefox users to send gifts, request Dan bonuses, and ask for friends' help in farming. Farm Town only works in IE now. :(

I can send and exchange most of the gifts but oddly NOT the Happy Valentines Sign!!!

Witch Hazel
Feb 04 2012, 04:17 AM
ok figured it out. But it feels wierd when I fertilize my new Valentine's Day farm. It's all lovey dovey and then poop rains down all over it. Just sayin'. LOL!!!

SunnyD
Feb 04 2012, 07:20 PM
ok figured it out. But it feels wierd when I fertilize my new Valentine's Day farm. It's all lovey dovey and then poop rains down all over it. Just sayin'. LOL!!!

oh man i hadn't even thought of that LOL LOL i set my Valentine farm up a couple of weeks ago....love the new stuff we got this year.........way cute

countrydancin15
Feb 05 2012, 06:37 PM
How come I've lost nearly all of my fresh water bait but still have over 10,000 + saltwater bait? it's like all my freshwater stuff is gone but was there yesterday. Please help

Taz D
Feb 05 2012, 06:55 PM
How come I've lost nearly all of my fresh water bait but still have over 10,000 + saltwater bait? it's like all my freshwater stuff is gone but was there yesterday. Please help
If you have the Fishing Tackle Shop, make sure Freshwater Bait is not checked. If it is, that is where your bait went.

countrydancin15
Feb 05 2012, 07:02 PM
If you have the Fishing Tackle Shop, make sure Freshwater Bait is not checked. If it is, that is where your bait went.

I had plenty for both fishing and the tackle shop Taz....still have an abundance of saltwater but it's like all my freshwater bait disappeared

Docperk
Feb 05 2012, 07:26 PM
QUESTS: Where are the Quest Levels? How do we keep track of how many quests we've accomplished?
Why can't we use products from our storage?
Note: If we have to harvest product our own self, that will not help the market-workers; and may be a deterent to hire and neighbor each other. Something to think through.
I appreciate the opportunity to voice in the forum :) Margee

You do know that you only have harvest a square or two to complete your quest and then you can hire the market workers to complete the rest. From what I have seen all the quest have have been very simple and don't require much. I have had to buy 1 facility (the circus factory) and it was a for coins. My only gripe if it is one is having to wait so long in between quest. I seen some one said that we have like 5 slots for quest the most I have been able to have going at once was 2. So I too think a 12 hour limit between quest would be better too.
Still like the idea of the quest gives me something to work towards and requires a little challenge in planting and harvesting crops and trees ect.

cbeckner80
Feb 06 2012, 08:11 AM

Found that out the hard way soon after I got the Tackle Shop.

caligirl62
Feb 08 2012, 10:13 AM
when will we b using all of the new crops? and the acorn squash?! i have almost 80thousand of that!! gonna b working on the rest soon...

maggiel29
Feb 08 2012, 12:11 PM
when will we b using all of the new crops? and the acorn squash?! i have almost 80thousand of that!! gonna b working on the rest soon...

Well the mods will say only the developers know that! At the moment the acorn squash is a good money spinner I sell all of mine - especially if you get someone else to harvest it for you.

caligirl62
Feb 08 2012, 01:22 PM
Well the mods will say only the developers know that! At the moment the acorn squash is a good money spinner I sell all of mine - especially if you get someone else to harvest it for you.

figures!! hopefully soon...running out of room in storage...in regards to selling all!! i would have had probably 2mil AC if i hadn't sold ALL!!! they need to let us have some place different place for these crops that r not being used...yet!!!:D

Grumpa
Feb 08 2012, 04:34 PM
figures!! hopefully soon...running out of room in storage...in regards to selling all!! i would have had probably 2mil AC if i hadn't sold ALL!!! they need to let us have some place different place for these crops that r not being used...yet!!!:D

But the crops are being used.

While they may not be used in a facility, they are being used fo an income.

At one time that is all the crops were used for.

peachy51
Feb 08 2012, 05:08 PM
Note to Developers:

I don't know if this is even possible, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

We have so many farms now that it is hard to remember exactly what is on each farm without keeping loads of lists. When we hire someone to work on our farms, we get a list of the farm names to click for them to work. Is it at all possible to have thumbnails of the farms appear instead of the farm names. I believe if we could see thumbnails, we would be able to remember what is where without having to have little pieces of paper laying all over :D

Just a thought :)

caligirl62
Feb 08 2012, 05:31 PM
But the crops are being used.

While they may not be used in a facility, they are being used fo an income.

At one time that is all the crops were used for.

would rather they b used for crops...i already have over 4bil coins!!

Queen Blalock
Feb 08 2012, 07:03 PM
Since the update, my screen will turn white with an ! mark in the middle of the page periodically and if I happen to be working on some ones farm, I’m unable to complete the work.

gumballs678
Feb 08 2012, 07:50 PM
The ores need to be increased again and the facilities that store our animal products should have belts and dans too. I mean their facilities, so shouldn't they have them too?

Docperk
Feb 08 2012, 09:40 PM
would rather they b used for crops...i already have over 4bil coins!!

Yeah but it is nice when you have saved a few hundred thousand bushels of Acorn and you go and spend all you coin to buy the next farm, you go cash it all in and you got 3 or 4 bill coin back that you spent on the next farm. I very seldom cash in anymore, go a month or two sometimes 3. I just live of the money I get from my service facilities. It is like just living of your interest from your billions.... :)
But seriously I don't want a use for Acorn Squash. Best money maker we. People go nuts wanting to harvest if for you.

Docperk
Feb 08 2012, 09:50 PM
Note to Developers:

I don't know if this is even possible, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

We have so many farms now that it is hard to remember exactly what is on each farm without keeping loads of lists. When we hire someone to work on our farms, we get a list of the farm names to click for them to work. Is it at all possible to have thumbnails of the farms appear instead of the farm names. I believe if we could see thumbnails, we would be able to remember what is where without having to have little pieces of paper laying all over :D

Just a thought :)

I mentioned it before but I would like to some sort of indicator that someone is on the field and working. I have hired people to work all 13 and then have to go to all 13 trying to find them. If there was a simple little red dot for each person that is on the field on the farm selector tool.
I have people show on my that I didn't hire and I guess just follow links from here to the farm.

SunnyD
Feb 09 2012, 12:53 AM
I mentioned it before but I would like to some sort of indicator that someone is on the field and working. I have hired people to work all 13 and then have to go to all 13 trying to find them. If there was a simple little red dot for each person that is on the field on the farm selector tool.
I have people show on my that I didn't hire and I guess just follow links from here to the farm.

if you hire from the market people will click on your avatar and follow you to your farm...........i hate that............they jump up and down and holler "let me plow" some get rather rude........but it's all part of the game

maggiel29
Feb 09 2012, 03:08 AM
Yeah but it is nice when you have saved a few hundred thousand bushels of Acorn and you go and spend all you coin to buy the next farm, you go cash it all in and you got 3 or 4 bill coin back that you spent on the next farm. I very seldom cash in anymore, go a month or two sometimes 3. I just live of the money I get from my service facilities. It is like just living of your interest from your billions.... :)
But seriously I don't want a use for Acorn Squash. Best money maker we. People go nuts wanting to harvest if for you.

I agree - my workers make just over 14,000 coins from a 25 square plot of Acorn and its really nice selling a huge lump of it.

ghostkitten
Feb 09 2012, 08:54 AM
mmmmmmmmmm...isnt it about time to close this thread?,,,:D:D:D:D

marwahr55
Feb 10 2012, 05:11 AM
Yes it would be nice to close this thread and see MORE goodies that Devs have been working on ready for release. (hint hint hint)

Hoping soon the Devs will do something with those blasted pop-ups! Annoying, very annoying that I've cutback on how much farming I've been doing on my farms and working on farmers that are working their facilities and referring clients. Please let the next release deal with those crazy pop-ups. :)

Mrs Mags
Feb 10 2012, 08:39 AM
I think its time to take the Mayor and Tom hostage...so the Devs will give us some more goodies..:D:D:D

maggiel29
Feb 10 2012, 09:46 AM
I think its time to take the Mayor and Tom hostage...so the Devs will give us some more goodies..:D:D:D

Yes someone do that and hold them until they give us the goods - especially stopping those pop ups! Its OK until you have posted the ones you want to share but then its just annoying after that - would be great to be able to turn them off!

StoneFace
Feb 10 2012, 10:15 AM

Agreed.... we could - and should - get used to some kind of an update, a release, an enhancement MUCH more regularly.

Every other week would be good for some little things, some big. In the meantime, most are "content" with the Quests. They are fun, and I assume the method of completing them will widen, and the rewards will increase..... perhaps to special items, perhaps to Farm Ca$h, perhaps to both.

waiting........ waiting.... tonight is the end of the week.... great nite to release something. .... waiting.... waiting......

maggiel29
Feb 10 2012, 01:57 PM
Agreed.... we could - and should - get used to some kind of an update, a release, an enhancement MUCH more regularly.

Every other week would be good for some little things, some big. In the meantime, most are "content" with the Quests. They are fun, and I assume the method of completing them will widen, and the rewards will increase..... perhaps to special items, perhaps to Farm Ca$h, perhaps to both.

waiting........ waiting.... tonight is the end of the week.... great nite to release something. .... waiting.... waiting......

Oh we will get a lovely update first thing Monday - Im having my carpel tunnel surgery Monday : (